Windows Support Forum

BSOD Event ID 1001 Bug Check 0x00000124 caused by ntoskrnl.exe driver

Q: BSOD Event ID 1001 Bug Check 0x00000124 caused by ntoskrnl.exe driver

Hello When I first started to encounter BSOD issues I was originally getting event id Machine check exception Translation Lookaside Buffer errors which I assumed was an issue with my CPU I contacted Intel and they stated to me that Windows was not correctly dumping the Bug ntoskrnl.exe ID driver caused BSOD 1001 Check 0x00000124 by Event right information which is why it states the event id BSOD Event ID 1001 Bug Check 0x00000124 caused by ntoskrnl.exe driver error They stated that it may be an issue with the motherboard or memory I have ran Memtest for passes and errors were discovered I have also done this with - memory sticks installed on the motherboard I was able to run Prime overnight multiple times with memory sticks installed and the only time it BSOD'd was with module and this only happened once The next day I ran Prime on the one module and it didn't BSOD The BSOD's are intermitten and happen more often when I am playing games I have encountered the same BSOD when checking email downloading files from the internet and even when the CPU is idling at with absolutely nothing running at all The Blue ScreenView indicates the exact same parameters and that they are being reported from the ntoskrnl exe driver In the past the most common driver that reported the BSOD's was the hal dll driver I have swapped my graphics card network card memory modules and I am still getting BSOD's These parts I have tested on another computer and they work correctly I have reinstalled the OS times over the last year I am currently in contact with ASUS to see if the issue resides on the motherboard which is the only thing I haven't been able to swap including the processor I have ran Memtest and Prime Sisandra Lite Linx IPDTx as well as many other diagnostics benchmarking tools with passing results There are no specific times that this occurs and it can happen at any moment Any help in understanding what my issue is would be appreciated When the system works fine I am very happy and it performs flawlessly I hope that maybe I am having a driver or hardware issue and it is a simple fix I have posted additional information you requested below including the attached zip file named 'skopischke BSOD zip' Is Windows - x -bit or x x - the original installed OS on the system Windows Professional x - an OEM or full retail version OEM came pre-installed on system - What is the age of system hardware Purchased in February of - What is the age of OS installation have you re-installed the OS Reinstalled OS times last reinstall was December

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: BSOD Event ID 1001 Bug Check 0x00000124 caused by ntoskrnl.exe driver

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: BSOD Event ID 1001 Bug Check 0x00000124 caused by ntoskrnl.exe driver

0x124 is a general hardware error .

Quote:
A "stop 0x124" is fundamentally different to many other types of bluescreens because it stems from a hardware complaint.

Stop 0x124 minidumps contain very little practical information, and it is therefore necessary to approach the problem as a case of hardware in an unknown state of distress

Some generic advice.

If you are overclocking STOP.
Return to the default settings at least for now.

If you are running a RAID update its driver.
You can read more on this error and what to try here...

Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/208569-bsod-event-id-1001-bug-check-0x00000124-caused-ntoskrnl-exe-driver.html
Relevancy 86.18%

My computer crashed every time I run experiment(NI equipment connects to the computer). My experiment needs to run two or three days, but every twelve hours it got crash(shut down automatically). The max work hour I got is 15 hours.

When I reboot the computer, I got the following information:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.4
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 124
BCP1: 0000000000000000
BCP2: FFFFFA800FAD58F8
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: 0000000000000000
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\020914-89029-01.dmp
C:\Users\BIT Lab\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-145174-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
Windows 7 Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

My computer information:

Attachment 305907

and the SF files.
Attachment 305906

Anyone can give a clue? how to fix this?

A:BSOD bugcheck code 0x00000124 Caused By Driver ntoskrnl.exe

Welcome
BC 124 is not a driver or any other software. It is a hardware problem. You may want to start by checking your memory and hard drive for starters.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/321706-bsod-bugcheck-code-0x00000124-caused-driver-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 84.01%

I have been getting the BSOD since November (about 12 times) but it has only happened playing two games: Chivalry Deadliest Warrior and Battlefield 4. I never paid much attention to the crashes while playing Chivalry, because the game has many problems and it occurred infrequently.

I have just purchased Battlefield 4, and have tried playing twice, both times my computer has crashed after about 5 minutes of gameplay with a bluescreen. Bluescreenview by Nirsoft is telling me that it is the hal.dll driver that is the problem. Below is some info on my situation.

Here is the crash info that I have since November.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/c5l4fedh2h...h%20Report.txt

Here is a link to my system info:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/saphtfc59e...sys%20info.nfo

A:BSOD caused by the hal.dll driver, bug check code 0x00000124

Post it following the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/319189-bsod-caused-hal-dll-driver-bug-check-code-0x00000124.html
Relevancy 80.91%

This is my first time posting here, so my apologies if I mess something up or get it wrong. If I do, please let me know so I can fix it!
This is something that's just started happening recently. It happened once on the 14th of February, then once last night (on the 22nd), and today on the 23rd. The crash on the 14th didn't have the same screen as the last two crashes (photo attached of crash screen). I don't recall what the crash on the 14th happened during (most likely Skyrim), but the last two crashes happened during playing minecraft, typically while moving around and jumping. I have downloaded a couple of mods for the game, but was not running them when the crashes happened (the mods have a separate launcher, plus the crash occurred once before I ever played Minecraft).

I appreciate any help anyone can give me!

A:BSOD playing Minecraft, driver ntoskrnl.exe, bug check code 0x00000124

Your .dmp file shows a stop error of 0x124 which is a general hardware error .

Quote:
A "stop 0x124" is fundamentally different to many other types of bluescreens because it stems from a hardware complaint.

Stop 0x124 minidumps contain very little practical information, and it is therefore necessary to approach the problem as a case of hardware in an unknown state of distress

Some generic advice.

If you are overclocking STOP.
Return to the default settings at least for now.

If you are running a RAID update its driver.
You can read more on this error and what to try here... Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/215981-bsod-playing-minecraft-driver-ntoskrnl-exe-bug-check-code-0x00000124.html
Relevancy 104.92%

I've cleaned my computer with an air compressor within the last week and I have no overclocking. CPU temps are on idle at around 30C and I've never seen GPU temps above 60C when I run World of Warcraft.

But I still get BSOD 0x00000124 sometimes...

Thanks for any help.

Relevancy 104.49%

Windows -x Windows Ultimate Full Retail System Hardware is all new First Install of the OS x LG X DVD Burner - Bulk Black SATA Model GH LS LightScribe Support - OEM x Event Bug Check 1001 Source BSOD SAMSUNG EcoGreen F HD SI TB RPM SATA Gb s quot Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive x OCZ Signature GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Desktop Memory Model OCZ SR LV GK x OCZ Fatal ty OCZ FTY W ATX V v EPS V SLI Ready PLUS Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply x Intel Core i - Clarkdale GHz LGA W Dual-Core Desktop Processor BX I x GIGABYTE GA-H N-USB LGA Intel H HDMI USB Mini ITX BSOD Event 1001 Source Bug Check Intel Motherboard The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck The bugcheck was x a x xfffffa a f xfffff e xfffff a a b f A dump was saved in C Windows MEMORY DMP Report Id - - I've been dealing with this issue for several days on my own and decided to feed my information to a forum for help The system would randomly stall reboot or BSOD I followed the suggestion of previous forums in which a similar problem was submitted I updated all the drivers including but not limited to network video audio and chipset directly from the manufacturer website as opposed to the install CD that came with the hardware The issue seemed to be gone after two days of trying to reproduce the error by running burn tests playing games and watching streaming videos On the third day the machine went Idle for a few hours over night and in the morning a BSOD appeared I've followed the upload rules for BSOD forum posting and you'll find the information zipped and uploaded as an attachment Ran a memtest without any failures

A:BSOD Event 1001 Source Bug Check

Start troubleshooting your problem by removing Norton Symantec Antivirus and replace it with MSE.
You may go back to Norton after your Windows have stabled.
http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/

Then 3 dmp point to NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM (24) so I would recommend you to diagnose your hardrive.
1] Right click Command Prompt → run as admin → chkdsk /f /r
2] Use manufacture hardrive diagnostic tools → Hard Drive Diagnostics Tools and Utilities (Storage) - TACKtech Corp.

Another dmp point to BAD_SYSTEM_CONFIG_INFO (74).
It indicates OS corruption, then you must perform system file checker:
Right click Command Prompt → run as admin → sfc /scannow

Update this driver:
teamviewervpn.sys Thu Dec 13 01:22:09 2007 → TeamViewerVPN Network Adapter

And turn on your Windows Update.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/127851-bsod-event-1001-source-bug-check.html
Relevancy 103.63%

Hello, I have been having a BSOD problem for a while now and i have figured out it is caused by ntoskrnl.exe. This BSOD has been going on since April when I built my PC. I have already completely replaced my RAM, done a full virus scan, and checked to make sure there are no overclocks on any hardware. It usually happens when gaming, but sometimes it will happen randomly (like when web browsing and other applications). Please help.

Thanks!

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/383758-bsod-stop-0x00000124-caused-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 102.77%

Hi guys Having BSOD issues I thought initially it was scaned from hardware issue maybe loose connectors but my build is less than days old and i've reseated all parts about days ago It didnt BSOD for days but today it BSOD while browsing the internet the next - attached dump ntoskrnl.exe BSOD 0x00000124 caused by - BSOD was when trying to hardware scan device manager so I know it must be caused from some files inside my OS and not hardware BSOD - 0x00000124 - caused by ntoskrnl.exe dump attached It has happened in gaming before I've attached the dump file but theres a lot of dumps becuase of BSOD i've had so far caused by ntoskrnl exe I will be trying driver sweeper to remove graphic card drivers then reinstalling them maybe that will help Looking forward to any expert help on this matter thank you I think most recent dump file is - - dmp All temps are fine CPU hasnt gone above c when playing games I've been monitoring with HW monitor I did overclock once but it wasnt BSOD - 0x00000124 - caused by ntoskrnl.exe dump attached sustainable so I reset to stock a while BSOD - 0x00000124 - caused by ntoskrnl.exe dump attached back so I'm NOT OC'd now

A:BSOD - 0x00000124 - caused by ntoskrnl.exe dump attached

Hi Saltychip.

We nave noticed that sometimes the absence of Service Pack 1 causes stop 0x124 BSODs (though it is basically a hardware related BSOD).

Install Service pack 1 and all other windows updates. Otherwise the system will remain vulnerable to threats.

Code:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7600 MP (6 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS
Built by: 7600.16617.amd64fre.win7_gdr.100618-1621
Learn how to install Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1)
Service Pack and Update Center - Microsoft Windows

If it continues to BSOD in the same way even after installing the Service Pack 1, we will go for further troubleshooting.
________________________________________________________________________________________

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 124, {0, fffffa8008c13788, 0, 0}

Probably caused by : AuthenticAMD

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/312673-bsod-0x00000124-caused-ntoskrnl-exe-dump-attached.html
Relevancy 102.77%

Hi guys Having BSOD issues I thought initially it was scaned from hardware issue maybe loose connectors but my build is less than days old and i've reseated all parts about days ago It didnt BSOD for days but today it BSOD while browsing the internet the next BSOD was when trying to hardware scan device dump attached ntoskrnl.exe - BSOD caused 0x00000124 - by manager so I know it must be caused from some files inside my OS and not hardware I've attached the dump file but theres a lot of dumps becuase of BSOD i've had so far BSOD - 0x00000124 - caused by ntoskrnl.exe dump attached caused by ntoskrnl exe I will be trying driver sweeper to remove graphic card drivers then reinstalling them maybe that will help Looking forward to any expert help on this matter thank you I think most recent dump file is - - dmp All temps are fine CPU hasnt gone above c when playing games I've been monitoring with HW monitor I did overclock once but it wasnt sustainable so I reset to stock a while back so I'm NOT OC'd now

A:BSOD - 0x00000124 - caused by ntoskrnl.exe dump attached

Hi

Please update your thread with a "Speccy" snapshot.

Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - Internet Applications Mini-Guides

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/36037-bsod-0x00000124-caused-ntoskrnl-exe-dump-attached.html
Relevancy 100.62%

Hi This problem started in Flight Simulator but now its random I have run memtest twice for four hours caused 0x00000124, address by random, BSOD ntoskrnl.exe+4adb3c error each all is fine I have a Western Digital HD and ran their diagnostic tool for it from their site I have reset the RAM after cleaning it also I dust out the machine regularly I checked the voltage in the BIOS and the and all fall in range BUT I also have CPUID HWMonitor and that shows different voltage readings way below what they should be ex V - V WAY off I don't know BSOD random, error 0x00000124, caused by address ntoskrnl.exe+4adb3c if that is correct or the reading in the BIOS itself The last reboot was when I was in Flight Simulator I ran it BSOD random, error 0x00000124, caused by address ntoskrnl.exe+4adb3c in window mode with GPUID running so I could monitor the temperature When it rebooted the last temp I saw was C which is hardly overheating I believe All of the last or so reboots show quot caused by address ntoskrnl exe adb c quot I'm leaning towards the power supply but the different readings are confusing Thanks in advance Dutch

A:BSOD random, error 0x00000124, caused by address ntoskrnl.exe+4adb3c

Sorry, forgot to attach the dm log collector info. Here it is.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/335087-bsod-random-error-0x00000124-caused-address-ntoskrnl-exe-4adb3c.html
Relevancy 100.62%

Hi This problem started in Flight Simulator but now its random I have run memtest twice for four hours each all is fine I have a Western Digital HD and ran their diagnostic tool for it from their site I have reset the RAM after cleaning it also I dust out the machine regularly I checked the voltage in the BIOS and the and all fall in range BUT I also have CPUID HWMonitor and that shows different voltage readings way below what ntoskrnl.exe+4adb3c by address BSOD error 0x00000124, random, caused they should be ex V - V WAY off I don't know if that is correct or the reading in the BIOS itself The last reboot was when I was in Flight Simulator I ran it in window mode with BSOD random, error 0x00000124, caused by address ntoskrnl.exe+4adb3c GPUID running so I could monitor the temperature When it rebooted the last temp I saw was C which is hardly overheating BSOD random, error 0x00000124, caused by address ntoskrnl.exe+4adb3c I believe All of the last or so reboots show caused by BSOD random, error 0x00000124, caused by address ntoskrnl.exe+4adb3c address ntoskrnl exe adb c I'm leaning towards the power supply but the different readings are confusing so I'm asking for advice Thanks in advance Dutch

A:BSOD random, error 0x00000124, caused by address ntoskrnl.exe+4adb3c

I have a DM Log Collector dump file, which I tried to upload with this, but it was too big.  I could post anything from it if needed.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/538177/bsod-random-error-0x00000124-caused-by-address-ntoskrnlexe4adb3c/
Relevancy 95.46%

I keep having problems with a handful of chosen events. For example when I try and play Minecraft I can play fine for about a few seconds but then I blue screen. Also, when I am viewing a game trailer on Steam I crash.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/387003-bsod-bug-report-0x00000124-caused-driver-hal-dll.html
Relevancy 95.03%

Got my first blue screen of death tonight had firefox opened one watching youtube video another browsing internet After bsod /adress (ntoskrnl.exe+72a40) caused by driver (ntoskrnl.exe) BSOD it restarted i login but just black screen with cursor ctrl alt delete worked so i shut my computer down Boot up normally after check my minidump file bsod cause BSOD caused by driver (ntoskrnl.exe) /adress (ntoskrnl.exe+72a40) by ntoskrnl exe Did little search on google find BSOD caused by driver (ntoskrnl.exe) /adress (ntoskrnl.exe+72a40) has to do with ram and hard drive Downloaded wd data life guard diagnostic for my mechanic drive which is healthy but my ssd on shows failed end to end error rate value threshold worst is all in SMART statue Im not sure if i can trust this wd diagnostic on my crucial ssd there are alot of unknown in SMART statue too Theres no ssd diagnotic for crucial there is a firmware not sure if it helps So i downloaded and ran crystaldiskinfo on my ssd health statues says good it doesnt say end to end error rate like wd Instead same ID B line says quot unused reserve nand blocks quot instead Is my ssd good i havent ran a test on my ram yet This is almost month old build Asrock x x killer i k gtx w crucial x gb crucial gb ssd wd blue tb Heres info of bsod with bluescreenview Bug Check String- IRQL GT ZERO AT SYSTEM SERVICE Bug Check Code - x a Parameter - dc a Parameter - Parameter - Parameter - fffff b Caused By Driver- ntoskrnl exe Caused By Address- ntoskrnl exe a File Description- NT Kernel amp System

A:BSOD caused by driver (ntoskrnl.exe) /adress (ntoskrnl.exe+72a40)

Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/367819-bsod-caused-driver-ntoskrnl-exe-adress-ntoskrnl-exe-72a40.html
Relevancy 92.45%

Hello everybody, i'm newbie here sorry if i make bad post or useless, but i feel i need u all help
i got bsod everytime i playing game like Dota2, Warframe, NBA, etc.
i already tried many ways from another thread but i think it doesn't work because my pc still got BSOD

i use
proc i7-4790k
vga zotac gtx 970
ram 16gb
psu corsair cx750m
mobo msi b85-g41 pc mate

here is my bsod data in attachments

thank you

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/63632-bsod-everytime-playing-game-error-0x00000124-caused-driver-hal-dl.html
Relevancy 91.16%

Generous experts,

I am getting somewhat random, though more often on "wake-up" BSOD. It seems that it may be related to the cpu, as the event view states:
A fatal hardware error has occurred.

Reported by component: Processor Core
Error Source: Machine Check Exception
Error Type: Cache Hierarchy Error
Processor ID: 2

The details view of this entry contains further information.I am moderately tech savvy, but this is beyond my skill level. I have searched this forum and web for a solution, and did not find any that were quite close enough - at least by my viewing.

Any suggestions would be very much appreciated

Thank you!

A:BSOD on wake-up error 0x00000124, driver hal.dll, address ntoskrnl.exe

Code:
BugCheck 124, {0, fffffa80078c6028, bf800000, 124}
You are having 0x124 bugchecks which indicate a fatal hardware error has occurred.

Code:
2: kd> !errrec fffffa80078c6028
===============================================================================
Common Platform Error Record @ fffffa80078c6028
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Record Id : 01cf84f0d193612a
Severity : Fatal (1)
Length : 928
Creator : Microsoft
Notify Type : Machine Check Exception
Timestamp : 6/10/2014 21:15:27 (UTC)
Flags : 0x00000000

Section 0 : Processor Generic
Descriptor @ fffffa80078c60a8
Section @ fffffa80078c6180
Offset : 344
Length : 192
Flags : 0x00000001 Primary
Severity : Fatal

Proc. Type : x86/x64
Instr. Set : x64
Error Type : Cache error
Operation : Generic
Flags : 0x00
Level : 0
CPU Version : 0x00000000000306c3
Processor ID : 0x0000000000000002

Section 1 : x86/x64 Processor Specific
Descriptor @ fffffa80078c60f0
Section @ fffffa80078c6240
Offset : 536
Length : 128

Local APIC Id : 0x0000000000000002
CPU Id : c3 06 03 00 00 08 10 02 - bf fb da 7f ff fb eb bf
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 - 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 - 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

Proc. Info 0 @ fffffa80078c6240

Section 2 : x86/x64 MCA
Descriptor @ fffffa80078c6138
Section @ fffffa80078c62c0
Offset : 664
Length : 264

Error : DCACHEL0_WR_ERR (Proc 2 Bank 1)
Address : 0x000000021b887200
Misc. : 0x0000000000000086
The Machine Check Exception indicates that the CPU has found a fault with the a piece of hardware and has bugchecked. We cannot really identify the cause without proper troubleshooting stress tests.

The 2nd parameter is the address that contains the WHEA (Windows Hardware Error Architecture) record.
Its a Level 0 cache write error.

There's only so much we can do until it comes down to a faulty processor, lets begin.

Stress test your CPU with Prime95

I recommend running Prime95 for around 2 hours

Warning

As with most stress tests your component's temperature will rapidly increase.
It is advised that you download a temperature monitoring program like HWmonitor
Keep an eye on your temperatures and stop the tests if it starts to overheat

Stress test your graphics card with Furmark

I recommend running it for around 30 minutes

Warning

Furmark will increase the temperature of your GPU rapidly so keep and eye on your temperatures

Memtest86 will test your RAM

Information

Run Memtest86 for at least 8 passes so we get enough information to confirm that your RAM isn't failing

Run a Disk Check to scan for errors

Note

Afterwards go into an Elevated Command Prompt (Run as administrator) and type in sfc /scannow
If it finds errors reboot and run the scan two more times

Run SeaTools to see if your HDD or SSD is failing

Try removing the CMOS battery then putting it back in to clear the BIOS of any improper settings.
Make sure you keep an eye on the temperatures.

Remove these programs...

Code:
Start Menu\Programs\ASUS\AI Suite 3 Public:Start Menu\Programs\ASUS\AI... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/334345-bsod-wake-up-error-0x00000124-driver-hal-dll-address-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 89.44%

Hi everyone,
I have just reinstalled Windows 10 yesterday. BSOD with Kernel Security Check Failure showed up when I open the video editing software, game works great instead. It never crashed before I reinstalled the OS. I have reinstalled graphic driver 3-4 times still not working.

Thank you in advance =)

A:Win10 BSOD Kernel Security Check Failure caused by ntoskrnl.exe

Exact same issue. Games work great. When I try and use Cyberlink PowerDirector 13 I get BSOD. Not sure how to pull the files to show what occurred, but if someone would give me instructions I could do that easily. Thanks - RL

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/34859-win10-bsod-kernel-security-check-failure-caused-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 89.44%

Dear All,

I recently upgraded to Windows 10 Pro from 7 Pro and facing problem of BSOD, attached are minidumpts captured from my system for different dates.

Please can any one help me on this to resolve it. Really making problem for me and I am unable to figure out the root.

Waiting for help.

Regards,
Wajeeh

A:BSOD caused by driver ntoskrnl.exe

Hello, any body out there to help

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/40348-bsod-caused-driver-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 89.44%

This is my crash dump Code ntoskrnl.exe BSOD driver caused by Dump File - - dmp Crash Time Bug Check String MEMORY MANAGEMENT Bug Check Code x a Parameter Parameter fffffa f f Parameter ffff BSOD caused by driver ntoskrnl.exe Parameter Caused By Driver ntoskrnl exe Caused By Address ntoskrnl exe c File Description NT Kernel amp System Product Name Microsoft Windows Operating System Company Microsoft Corporation File Version win gdr - Processor x Crash Address ntoskrnl exe c Stack Address Stack Address Stack Address Computer Name Full Path C Windows Minidump - - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File Size It only started happening yesterday I used Uniblue DriverScanner to find a sound driver for my sound card so that I didn t have to open up my PC and check the serial number DriverScanner found a few other drivers as well which I installed After a reboot my PC was fine for a while until I started to play games when I play games I almost always get this BSOD perhaps because they are RAM intensive I went to restore my drivers but DriverScanner had not made any restore points even though it said it was doing so during the installation of the new drivers It s the first time I have used software to download and install my drivers and I won t be using it again I am wondering whether to try a system restore but if anybody else has had this problem then your input would be greatly appreciated Code Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Ultimate bit Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Radeon HD Series Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC P H -M SI Antivirus avast Antivirus Updated and Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 89.44%

Good Day!

Please is there anyone who can help solve this problem?
My computer is automatically shut down and after starting im seeing report

Bug Check Code : 0x00000124
Parameter 1 : 00000000`00000000
Parameter 2 : fffffa80`083688f8
Parameter 3 : 00000000`00000000
Parameter 4 : 00000000`00000000
Caused By Driver : ntoskrnl.exe
Caused By Address : ntoskrnl.exe+4b2aec
File Description : NT Kernel & System

Motherboard:GA-F2A55M-Ds2 (rev.3) fm2+/fm2
Processor: AMD KAVERI A10 7850K 3.70GHZ
RAM: HYPER X FURY 8GB (2X4) 1866MHZ
GRAPHICS CARD: RADEON R7 250 1GB GDDR5 WITH BOOST
PSU: POWER FUL 600W
Drivers:all are updated
(Dual Graphics Enabled)

I've already run:
memtest86 test 13 no errors
sfc /scannow
chkdsk
malwarebytes scan

DM log collector
Attachment 365283
dmp file
Attachment 365285

A:BSOD Caused By Driver : ntoskrnl.exe

Please help
Thank you

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/375004-bsod-caused-driver-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 89.44%

I have had my computer BSOD twice in the past couple of days for seemingly no reason at random times.
My computer temps are all bellow 40c after reboot and I have nothing overclocked.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/385915-bsod-caused-driver-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 89.44%

Hi I have an HP Pavilion DV - dx It is about a year old I bought the computer and took it with me to IRaq I came home and had the computer serviced for a cracked screen At the repair facility I had them upgrade the memory for me I double the available memory tp These are my computer specs Product Name dv - dx Product Number WQ UA ABA Microprocessor GHz Intel Core i - M Processor Microprocessor Cache MB L Cache Memory GB DDR System Memory DIMM Memory Max GB Video Graphics Intel HD Graphics Video Memory Up to by driver NTOSKRNL.exe BSOD caused MB Hard Drive BSOD caused by driver NTOSKRNL.exe GB RPM Multimedia Drive LightScribe SuperMulti X DVD R RW with Double Layer Support Display BSOD caused by driver NTOSKRNL.exe quot diagonal High-Definition HP BrightView LED Display x Network Card Integrated Gigabit Ethernet LAN Wireless Connectivity b g n WLAN HP un EV-DO HSPA Mobile Broadband Sound Dolby Advanced Audio with Altec Lansing speakers Keyboard -key compatible with island-style full-size keyboard Pointing Device HP ClickPad with On Off button PC Card Slots External Ports -in- integrated Digital Media Reader for Secure Digital cards MultiMedia cards Memory Stick Memory Stick BSOD caused by driver NTOSKRNL.exe Pro or xD Picture cards Universal Serial Bus USB rd port shared with eSATA HDMI eSATA USB VGA -pin RJ - LAN Headphone-out Microphone-in Other Devices HP TrueVision Webcam with integrated digital microphone Dimensions in L x in D x in min H in max H Weight lbs Security Kensington MicroSaver lock slot Power-on password Accepts rd party security lock devices Power W AC Adapter -Cell WHr Lithium-Ion Battery What's In The Box HP TrueVision Webcam with integrated digital microphone Back to top Software Operating System Genuine Windows Home Premium -bit Following the repair and memory upgrade I did windows updates and ever since then I have had persistent yet intermittent BSOD Bluescreenviewer tells me that they are caused by NTOSKRNL exe I have attached all minidumps There are a total of All happening in less than days You can imagine how annoying this must be You are correct Please Help

A:BSOD caused by driver NTOSKRNL.exe

Code:

Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.11.0001.404 X86
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Loading Dump File [F:\Kingston\BSODDmpFiles\akskimaster\021812-34211-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

Symbol search path is: SRV*C:\SymCache*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7601 (Service Pack 1) MP (4 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS Personal
Built by: 7601.17640.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.110622-1506
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`03268000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`034ad670
Debug session time: Sat Feb 18 17:04:44.241 2012 (GMT-7)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:01:10.770
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff8000360dda0, fffff88007f4c0d0, 0}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::NNGAKEGL::`string'+2430 )

---------

1: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3b)
An exception happened while executing a system service routine.
Arguments:
Arg1: 00000000c0000005, Exception code that caused the bugcheck
Arg2: fffff8000360dda0, Address of the exception record for the exception that caused the bugcheck
Arg3: fffff88007f4c0d0, Address of the context record for the exception that caused the bugcheck
Arg4: 0000000000000000, zero.

Debugging Details:
------------------

EXCEPTION_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000005 - The instruction at 0x%08lx referenced memory at 0x%08lx. The memory could not be %s.

FAULTING_IP:
nt! ?? ::NNGAKEGL::`string'+2430
fffff800`0360dda0 8b4910 mov ecx,dword ptr [rcx+10h]

CONTEXT: fffff88007f4c0d0 -- (.cxr 0xfffff88007f4c0d0)
rax=0000000000000000 rbx=0000000000000000 rcx=00000000ffffffff
rdx=fffffa80059f7bb0 rsi=fffff8a00301f240 rdi=fffffa80059f7a10
rip=fffff8000360dda0 rsp=fffff88007f4cab8 rbp=0000000000000000
r8=0000000000000002 r9=0000000000000000 r10=0000000000000000
r11=fffff880009ea180 r12=0000000000000002 r13=0000000000000000
r14=0000000000000026 r15=fffff88007f4cb60
iopl=0 nv up ei pl nz na po nc
cs=0010 ss=0018 ds=002b es=002b fs=0053 gs=002b efl=00010206
nt! ?? ::NNGAKEGL::`string'+0x2430:
fffff800`0360dda0 8b4910 mov ecx,dword ptr [rcx+10h] ds:002b:00000001`0000000f=????????
Resetting default scope

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x3B

PROCESS_NAME: svchost.exe

CURRENT_IRQL: 0

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from fffff800035888e9 to fffff8000360dda0

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`07f4cab8 fffff800`035888e9 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 fffff8a0`0301f200 00000000`00000000 : nt! ?? ::NNGAKEGL::`string'+0x2430
fffff880`07f4cac0 fffff800`03588558 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`000000a0 00000000`0188e308 00000000`00000000 : nt!EtwpRegisterUMGuid+0xb1 ... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/214961-bsod-caused-driver-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 89.44%

I have gone to cmd and checked disk, also I checked ram until four windows of 2047mb were up to 30% with 0 erros and the bsod in safemode network. I went on safemode and the ntoskrnl.exe BSOD'd my safemode w/ network. I have attached my DUMP files so that you experts can analyze it with your godly knowledge about computing software. I bow to you, please hgelp me.

sorry its a little unorganized but im a little sad about this and my feelings wont let me think straight. Please help me, my ssd is good 100% empty of erros from chkdsk thingy. I love you please help me.

EDIT: FORGOT TO UPLOAD DUMP FILES HERE THEY ARE

EDIT: DUMP FILES CANNOT BE UPLOADED WITHOUT PERMISSION, TRIED TO ZIP THEM BUT STILL, NEED PERMISSION I SUCK HERE IS A SCREEN SHOT OF THE THING

let me know what you guys think okay? I will be up all night waiting for a reply or two. Maybe more if I'm lucky, I am alwayts one of the last oens to receieve replies so I guess I will be patient.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/308607-bsod-caused-driver-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 89.44%

Hello I'm writing this post in order to ask your help regarding a BSOD thas has been happening in my computer in the last week I've seen the information with the program Bluescreenview by BSOD ntoskrnl.exe caused driver and I can post the information Code LAST ONE Dump File - - dmp Crash Time - - Bug Check String IRQL GT ZERO AT SYSTEM SERVICE Bug Check Code x a Parameter d a Parameter Parameter Parameter fffff b aca Caused By Driver ntoskrnl exe Caused By Address ntoskrnl exe bc File Description NT Kernel amp System Product Name Microsoft Windows Operating System Company Microsoft Corporation File Version win sp gdr - Processor x Crash Address ntoskrnl exe bc Stack BSOD caused by driver ntoskrnl.exe Address Stack Address Stack Address Computer Name Full Path C Windows Minidump - - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File Size Dump File Time - - BEFORE Dump File - - dmp Crash Time - - Bug Check String IRQL GT ZERO AT SYSTEM SERVICE Bug Check Code x a Parameter f a Parameter Parameter Parameter fffff babca BSOD caused by driver ntoskrnl.exe Caused By Driver ntoskrnl exe Caused By Address ntoskrnl exe BSOD caused by driver ntoskrnl.exe bc File Description NT Kernel amp System Product Name Microsoft Windows Operating System Company Microsoft Corporation File Version win sp gdr - Processor x Crash Address ntoskrnl exe bc Stack Address Stack Address Stack Address Computer Name Full Path C Windows Minidump - - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File Size Dump File Time - - BEFORE Dump File - - dmp Crash Time - - Bug Check String PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA Bug Check Code x Parameter fffff a e Parameter Parameter fffff b Parameter Caused By Driver ntoskrnl exe Caused By Address ntoskrnl exe bc File Description NT Kernel amp System Product Name Microsoft Windows Operating System Company Microsoft Corporation File Version win sp gdr - Processor x Crash Address ntoskrnl exe bc Stack Address Stack Address Stack Address Computer Name Full Path C Windows Minidump - - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File Size Dump File Time - - FIRST Dump File - - dmp Crash Time - - Bug Check String BAD POOL CALLER Bug Check Code x c Parameter Parameter fffff a ed d Parameter Parameter Caused By Driver ntoskrnl exe Caused By Address ntoskrnl exe c File Description NT Kernel amp System Product Name Microsoft Windows Operating System Company Microsoft Corporation File Version win sp gdr - Processor x Crash Address ntoskrnl exe c Stack Address Stack Address Stack Address Computer Name Full Path C Windows Minidump - - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File Size Dump File Time - - Can you help me understand what is the problem and how can I correct it Thank you in advance Best regards Nuno Mateus

Hello Nuno, and welcome to Seven Forums.

Please read the instructions here: Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions, and post back with the needed information. One of our BSOD experts should be by later when able to further help.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/327123-bsod-caused-driver-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 89.44%

I've tried using Bluescreenview to try and solve this issue on my own but haven't been able to. I've had a BSOD from this driver about 6 times in the past month. Sometimes while playing games or just browsing the internet. I hope I have provided all the information, if not please let me know. 022114 is the most recent BSOD dmp file.

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff800033a1c83, fffff88009e3b980, 0}

Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiSectionDelete+3f )

---------

* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck A, {fffffa802480c010, 2, 1, fffff80003134cb6}

Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiReleaseConfirmedPageFileSpace+86 )

---------
Take memtest. Run for 8 passes and test each stick in a know good slot for an additional 6 passes.
RAM - Test with Memtest86+

Quote:
The goal is to test all the RAM sticks and all the motherboard slots.

Check your motherboard manual to ensure the RAM sticks are in the recommended motherboard slots. Some motherboards have very specific slots required for the number of RAM sticks installed.

If you get errors, stop the test and continue with the next step.

1. Remove all but one stick of RAM from your computer (this will be RAM stick #1), and run Memtest86 again, for 7 passes.*Be sure to note the RAM stick, use a piece of tape with a number, and note the motherboard slot.
If this stick passes the test then go to step #3.

2. If RAM stick #1 has errors, repeat the test with RAM stick #2 in the same motherboard slot.*If RAM stick #2 passes, this indicates that RAM stick #1 may be bad. If you want to be absolutely sure, re-test RAM stick #1 in another known good slot.
*If RAM stick #2 has errors, this indicates another possible bad RAM stick, a possible motherboard slot failure or inadequate settings.
3. Test the next stick of RAM (stick #2) in the next motherboard slot.*If this RAM stick has errors repeat step #2 using a known good stick if possible, or another stick.
*If this RAM stick has no errors and both sticks failed in slot#1, test RAM stick #1 in this slot.
4. If you find a stick that passes the test, test it in all the other motherboard slots.

If Part 2 testing shows errors, and all tests in Part 3 show errors, you will need to test the RAM sticks in another computer and/or test other RAM in your computer to identify the problem.

In this way, you can identify whether it is a bad stick of RAM, a bad motherboard, or incompatibility between the sticks.

Information
Errors are sometimes found after 8 passes.

Tip
Do this test overnight, before going to bed.

More instructions on the way..

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/322843-bsod-caused-driver-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 89.44%

Having seen other help from this forum I thought I'd post my problem and see if you guys could help me out.

I just built my girlfriend's PC a few days ago, all was well but now a BSOD appears randomly, so after using BlueScreenView on the dump files it all originates from one driver.

The PC in questions specs are almost identical to my own (minus the 1TB HDD and her MOBO is the Rev 3.1 version of the same MOBO).

I've attached a copy of the dump files to this post if that helps anyone.
I've already tried chkdsk which gave no errors.

Thanks in advance

A:BSOD Caused by Driver ntoskrnl.exe

Sorry to hear about the BSODs. Please follow the instructions below:

http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/206700-bsod-caused-driver-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 88.58%

Hi everyone As I was putting my PC into sleep mode today I received the BSOD I downloaded BlueScreenView and scanned my mini dump files The program informed me that the crash was caused by the driver ntoskrnl exe My question is how do I fix this so that it doesn't happen again Please forgive my ignorance I'm not good with this sort of thing If you 7 ntoskrnl.exe by driver Caused BSOD Windows require any more info I'm more than happy to provide it Below I have included the details of the crash which were provided by BlueScreenView A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer The problem seems to be caused by the following file ntoskrnl exe IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL If Windows 7 BSOD Caused by driver ntoskrnl.exe this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen restart your computer If this screen appears again follow these steps Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed If this is a new installation ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any Windows updates you might need If problems continue disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components restart your computer press F to select Advanced Startup Options and then select Safe Mode Technical Information STOP x a x x x xfffff c bc ntoskrnl exe - Address xfffff c a base at xfffff c DateStamp x a c Thanks so much for your help

A:Windows 7 BSOD Caused by driver ntoskrnl.exe

Follow Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions
Make sure the zip file includes the dmp file/s. If not, configure a small memory dump - Dump Files - Configure Windows to Create on BSOD and wait/trigger another BSOD. then re-run the "Dm log collector" and attach the new report.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/375727-windows-7-bsod-caused-driver-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 88.58%

Dear All I am using Toshiba Satellite L d-S Home premium x bit SP laptop for my routine use On thAug i had my first BSOD - x f I was working on Andorid ROM which i downloaded for my mobile After completing the download i went out for an hour or so with my mobile connected with by - Multiple help Caused BSOD ntoskrnl.exe..please driver my laptop After coming back i saw blue screen which mentioned about this error Its now occurring Multiple BSOD - Caused by driver ntoskrnl.exe..please help every time i start up my laptop I found out the error which is caused by driver - ntoskrnl exe Blue screen viewer I went into safe mode changed up the start up services amp chose load with basic drives amp it started again normally Moment i load it with full drivers it shows again the same bsod error I did Sfc scannow many times- no Multiple BSOD - Caused by driver ntoskrnl.exe..please help abnormalities i did run memory diagonistic tool f many time - no abnormalities i am using McAfee antivirus without any virus present I have attached the zip file for your reference Kindly let me know if you need any other info

A:Multiple BSOD - Caused by driver ntoskrnl.exe..please help

Hi,

From your logs:

Code:

* Bugcheck Analysis *
BugCheck F4, {3, fffffa8004dbbb30, fffffa8004dbbe10, fffff800039cc350}
* Bugcheck Analysis *
BugCheck 7A, {fffff6fc500799e0, ffffffffc0000010, 100311880, fffff8a00f33c000}
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+36c1a )
F4 and 7A errors are related to disk, storage usually.
They can also be related to RAM and virus infection, but your logs
are pointing towards your HDD:

ERROR_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc000009d - STATUS_DEVICE_NOT_CONNECTED
DISK_HARDWARE_ERROR: There was error with disk hardware
KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR (7a)
The requested page of kernel data could not be read in. Typically caused by
a bad block in the paging file or disk controller error.

This is supported by your event logs:

Code:

Event[15454]:
Log Name: System
Source: Disk
Date: 2013-08-25T18:57:49.385
Event ID: 51
Task: N/A
Level: Warning
Opcode: N/A
Keyword: Classic
User: N/A
User Name: N/A
Computer: Narang-PC
Description:
An error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk0\DR0 during a paging operation.

Event[33616]:
Log Name: System
Source: Ntfs
Date: 2013-08-30T17:20:43.650
Event ID: 55
Task: N/A
Level: Error
Opcode: N/A
Keyword: Classic
User: N/A
User Name: N/A
Computer: Narang-PC
Description:
The file system structure on the disk is corrupt and unusable.
Please run the chkdsk utility on the volume TI105838W0G.
Firstly I strongly suggest you Back up your data

Post a screenshot of your hard drive using Crystal Disk Info

Run chkdsk in an elevated command prompt in order to check for
file system errors and bad sectors on your HDD:
Click on Start>Type in search cmd
Right click cmd and Run as Administrator
At the command prompt please type: chkdsk /f/r
(There is a space between chkdsk and /f/r)
Chkdsk Tutorial

Test your hard drive. Perform a Hard Drive Diagnostic

Post back any results

Cheers

Dave

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/303869-multiple-bsod-caused-driver-ntoskrnl-exe-please-help.html
Relevancy 88.58%

Hi everybody Before all i'm sorry for my bad english That's the french style Well I have a big problem with my PC that does not stop me from snapping BSOD After complete reinstallation of the OS nothing to do it inevitably comes back Some information if you can help me : x64 Win7 BSOD By Driver Caused : ntoskrnl.exe Thank you very much to the community that will get me out Official Windows X updated Antivirus Security BSOD Win7 x64 : Caused By Driver : ntoskrnl.exe Essential BIOS updated Dump File - - dmp BSOD Win7 x64 : Caused By Driver : ntoskrnl.exe Crash Time Bug Check String PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA Bug Check Code x Parameter fffff a e Parameter Parameter fffff a a Parameter Caused By Driver ntoskrnl exe Caused By Address ntoskrnl exe File Description NT Kernel amp System Product Name Microsoft Windows Operating System Company Microsoft Corporation File Version win gdr - Processor x Crash Address ntoskrnl exe Stack Address Stack Address Stack Address Computer Name Full Path C Windows Minidump - - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File Size Dump File - - dmp Crash Time Bug Check String PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA Bug Check Code x Parameter fffff a d Parameter Parameter fffff f Parameter Caused By Driver fltmgr sys Caused By Address fltmgr sys fbc File Description Product Name Company File Version Processor x Crash Address ntoskrnl exe f Stack Address Stack Address Stack Address Computer Name Full Path C Windows Minidump - - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File Size RAMMon v Build built with SysInfo v Build PassMark R Software www passmark com Memmory summary for MAISON-PC Number of Memory Devices Total Physical Memory MB MB Total Available Physical Memory MB Memory Load Item Module Module ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------- ----------------------- - Ram Type DDR DDR Standard Name DDR - DDR - Module Name PC - PC - Memory Capacity MB Bus Clockspeed Mhz Jedec Manufacture Name G Skill Intl G Skill Intl Search Amazon com Search Search SPD Revision Registered No No ECC No No DIMM Slot Manufactured Year Year Module Part F - CL - GBRL F - CL - GBRL Module Revision x x Module Serial x x Module Manufacturing Location of Row Addressing Bits of Column Addressing Bits of Banks of Ranks Device Width in Bits Bus Width in Bits Module Voltage V V CAS Latencies Supported Timings Max Frequency - - - - - - Minimum Clock Cycle Time tCK ns Minimum CAS Latency Time tAA ns Minimum RAS to CAS Delay tRCD ns Minimum Row Precharge Time tRP ns Minimum Active to Precharge Time tRAS ns Minimum Row Active to Row Active Delay tRRD ns Minimum Auto-Refresh to Active Auto-Refresh Time tRC ns Minimum Auto-Refresh to Active Auto-Refresh Command Period tRFC ns DDR Specific SPD Attributes Write Recovery Time tWR ns Internal Write to Read Command Delay tWTR ns Internal Read to Precharge Command Delay tRTP ns Minimum Four Activate Window Delay tFAW ns RZQ Supported Yes Yes RZQ Supported Yes Yes DLL-Off Mode Supported Yes Yes Maximum Operating Temperature C Refresh Rate at Extended Operating Temperature Range X X Auto-self Refresh Supported Yes Yes On-die Thermal Sensor Readout Supported No No Partial Array Self Refresh Supported No No Thermal Sensor Present No No Non-standard SDRAM Type Standard Monolithic Standard Monolithic Module Type UDIMM UDIMM Module Height mm Module Thickness front mm Module Thickness back mm Module Width mm Reference Raw Card Used Raw Card B Rev Raw Card B Rev DRAM Manufacture ID of DRAM Rows of Registers Register Manufacturer Register Type Register Revision Et des screen de CPUz Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version AMD Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved Loading Dump File C Windows MEMORY DMP Kernel Summary Dump File Only kernel address space is available Symbol search path is SRV c symbols http msdl microsoft com download symbols Executable search path is Windows Kernel Version MP procs Free x Product WinNt s... Read more

A:BSOD Win7 x64 : Caused By Driver : ntoskrnl.exe

We really need the full crash reports. Please follow the http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html to provide us with them so we may help you.

Also, for the CPU-Z screenshots, please include both SPD slots and not just one. It would also be nice if you included those screenshots in your crash report .zip file.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/238560-bsod-win7-x64-caused-driver-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 88.58%

For a couple of months i got this BSOD happening randomly,it can sometimes all be fine for a week but it happen again.Most of the time i watch some video or movie on internet,just surfing(random).Maybe it has some connection with this issue that i have,which i mention in this forum thread:
http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-...sometimes.html
Short story,glitch pixels that looks like this as BSOD it happens sometimes.

Here is a txt file with recent dumps recorded with bluescreenviewer.
Any ideas,thank you.

A:Random BSOD caused ntoskrnl.exe driver

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/373321-random-bsod-caused-ntoskrnl-exe-driver.html
Relevancy 88.58%

Hi, i've been getting random BSOD and from Bluescreenview, it says caused by ntoskrnl.exe . I think its caused by a bad/ outdated driver possibly from my video card but im not so sure. Help would be appreciated.

A:BSOD randomly, caused by driver ntoskrnl.exe

Is there any reason why you have not updated to Win8.1 yet? Due to the date of your BIOS, it may not be advisable to update to Win8.1

Only 36 Windows Updates installed. Most systems have 160 or more. Please visit Windows Update and get ALL available updates (it may take several trips to get them all).

Your BIOS dates from 2008. Please check at the manufacturer's website to see if there are any BIOS updates available for your system. Also check the readme file to see if they apply to the problems that you are having. Please be advised that flashing the BIOS is a very unforgiving process - and one mistake can physically damage your motherboard.

C: drive only has about 2% free space. Windows likes 15% free space in order to perform stuff "behind the scenes" without adversely affecting the system's performance. Please free up 15% on ALL hard drives (you can get away with 10% on larger drives and won't notice a large performance penalty)

These devices have problems in Device Manager:

VirtualBox Host-Only Ethernet Adapter ROOT\NET\0000 This device is disabled.

Microsoft Kernel Debug Network Adapter ROOT\KDNIC\0000 This device is disabled.

Network Controller PCI\VEN_1814&DEV_0201&SUBSYS_00321737&REV_01\4&2CF26B65&0&2820 The drivers for this device are not installed.

The first 2 devices are disabled. Is this deliberate? If so, why?
The last device needs drivers installed, it is most likely a Ralink RT2500 Wireless LAN Card (WiFi) Please install the latest, Win8 compatible drivers for this device. Interestingly, a driver from 2006 is installed, but doesn't relate to this device for some reason. This could be an indicator that there is a hardware problem with the Ralink RT2500 device (and it may need to be replaced)>

Please uninstall CoreTemp temporarily (in order to see if it's causing a problem)

IMO the most significant issue here is the date of the system. I strongly suspect that this system is not compatible with Win8.
BUT, it may be able to operate to your satisfaction if you get ALL Windows updates.
If not, then I'd have to suggest that you revert to Win7 or even Vista.

Please update these older drivers. Links are included to assist in looking up the source of the drivers. If unable to find an update, please remove (un-install) the program responsible for that driver. DO NOT manually delete/rename the driver as it may make the system unbootable! :

RT2500.sys Thu Jun 1 10:39:06 2006 (447EFC0A)
RaLinkTech/Linksys WMP54G wireless network adapter driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=RT2500.sys

nvmf6264.sys Wed Apr 20 18:49:36 2011 (4DAF6300)
nVidia nForce network driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=nvmf6264.sys

Do not remove this one, only update it:
nvstor.sys Mon Sep 12 19:53:04 2011 (4E6E9B60)
nVidia Storage Drivers
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=nvstor.sys

Analysis:
The following is for informational purposes only.

Code:
**************************Sat Mar 8 15:15:08.640 2014 (UTC - 4:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\John\SysnativeBSODApps\030814-17503-01.dmp]
Windows 8 Kernel Version 9200 MP (2 procs) Free x64
Built by: 9200.16384.amd64fre.win8_rtm.120725-1247
System Uptime:0 days 0:30:52.509
Probably caused by :memory_corruption ( nt!MiInsertNumaStandbyPage+a6 )
BugCheck A, {fffffa7fffffffd0, 2, 0, fffff80370cbcb76}
BugCheck Info: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (a)
Arguments:
Arg1: fffffa7fffffffd0, memory referenced
Arg2: 0000000000000002, IRQL
Arg3: 0000000000000000, bitfield :
bit 0 : value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation
bit 3 : value 0 = not an execute operation, 1 = execute operation (only on chips which support this level of status)
Arg4: fffff80370cbcb76, address which referenced memory
BUGCHECK_STR: AV
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN8_DRIVER_FAULT
PROCESS_NAME: MsMpEng.exe... Read more

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/42324-bsod-randomly-caused-driver-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 88.58%

This problem occurs everyday when i start using my laptop..
I already using SF diagnostic tools and attached the results from that tools..
I thinks it happen when i start using R Driver III USB to SATA IDE CABLE..

Thanks in advance

A:BSOD caused by driver ntoskrnl.exe and halmacpi.dll

Code:
Host Name: SATELLITE-PC
OS Name: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
OS Version: 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
OS Manufacturer: Microsoft Corporation
OS Configuration: Standalone Workstation
OS Build Type: Multiprocessor Free
Registered Owner: Dika
Registered Organization:
Product ID: 00426-OEM-8992662-00006
Original Install Date: 11/13/2011, 3:44:24 PM
System Boot Time: 9/13/2013, 8:14:23 AM
System Manufacturer: TOSHIBA
System Model: Satellite L510
System Type: X86-based PC
There seems to be a problem with your Windows activation. Please post this report: Activation Issue Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/304725-bsod-caused-driver-ntoskrnl-exe-halmacpi-dll.html
Relevancy 88.58%

I'm decent with computers, but I've definitely managed to end up a bit over my head with this one. I've got 4 different BSODs due to this one file now, all at seemingly random times. One while running Guild Wars 2, several while trying to run HULU via Chrome, and one while moving Chrome from one screen to the other. I even managed to get one in Safe Mode and one while trying to load into Safe Mode. Even got one while checking the C Drive for errors. I have never in my life seen a BSOD outside of Windows, so I know something is definitely wrong. I figured I'd come in here and ask what you guys think instead of tinkering around with stuff and possibly making it worse.

A:BSOD Caused By Driver ntoskrnl.exe (+7f1c0)

Welcome

What antivirus are you using? I cannot see any listed.

Problematic software:

Code:
Start Menu\Programs\DAEMON Tools Lite Public:Start Menu\Programs\DAEMON Tools Lite Public
Please uninstall Daemon Tools, it's known to cause BSODs. Search our forum for evidence.

Code:
STOP 0x0000003B: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
Usual causes: System service, Device driver, graphics driver, ?memory
BugCheck 3B, {c000001d, fffffa8010e0d060, fffff880045c2ad0, 0}
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KiSystemServiceHandler+7c )
fffff880`045c25a0 fffff880`0f507ad1Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
nvlddmkm+0xd9ad1
2: kd> lmvm nvlddmkm
start end module name
fffff880`0f42e000 fffff880`101f0000 nvlddmkm T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: nvlddmkm.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys
Image name: nvlddmkm.sys
Timestamp: Tue May 15 13:35:36 2012 (4FB20748)
CheckSum: 00DA5E91
ImageSize: 00DC2000
Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
Please update your graphic card drivers to their latest.
Click on the Start ► Control Panel ► Programs ► Uninstall a program ► Uninstall the NVIDIA related stuff and use Driver Sweeper to remove any remaining drivers of NVIDIA. Get the latest version installed from the manufacturers website.

4 of your dumps indicate problems with memory.

Code:
STOP 0x00000109: CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION
Usual causes: Device driver, Breakpoint set with no debugger attached, Hardware (Memory in particular)
BugCheck 109, {a3a039d89e8db8ba, b3b7465ef10a8810, fffff80003930d10, 1}
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32k.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for win32k.sys
Probably caused by : memory_corruption
Take memtest. Run for 8 passes and test each stick in a know good slot for an additional 6 passes.
Guide to using Memtest86+ - Geeks to Go Forums

Follow this strategy:

Quote:
The goal is to test all the RAM sticks and all the motherboard slots.

Check your motherboard manual to ensure the RAM sticks are in the recommended motherboard slots. Some motherboards have very specific slots required for the number of RAM sticks installed.

If you get errors, stop the test and continue with the next step.

1. Remove all but one stick of RAM from your computer (this will be RAM stick #1), and run Memtest86 again, for 7 passes.
Be sure to note the RAM stick, use a piece of tape with a number, and note the motherboard slot.
If this stick passes the test then go to step #3.

2. If RAM stick #1 has errors, repeat the test with RAM stick #2 in the same motherboard slot.
If RAM stick #2 passes, this indicates that RAM stick #1 may be bad. If you want to be absolutely sure, re-test RAM stick #1 in another known good slot.
If RAM stick #2 has errors, this indicates another possible bad RAM stick, a possible motherboard slot failure or inadequate settings.
3. Test the next stick of RAM (stick #2) in the next motherboard slot.
If this RAM stick has errors repeat step #2 using a known good stick if possible, or another stick.
If this RAM stick has no errors and both sticks failed in slot#1, test RAM stick #1 in this slot.
4. If you find a stick that passes the test, test it in all the other motherboard slots.

If Part 2 testing shows errors, and all tests in Part 3 show errors, you will need to test the RAM sticks in another computer and/or test other RAM in your computer to identify the problem.

In this way, you can identify whether it is a bad stick of RAM, a bad m... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/259506-bsod-caused-driver-ntoskrnl-exe-7f1c0.html
Relevancy 88.15%

Randomly happens, sometimes in a game, sometimes when browsing, sometimes when RDP'ed in, sometimes when unattended. No repro steps yet, just be patient and it will happen. Sometimes when it blue screens, it takes the whole network down spamming the switches and router with packets.

A:Random BSODs, error 0x00000124, caused by ntoskrnl.exe

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/289877-random-bsods-error-0x00000124-caused-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 87.72%

Hello everybody my name is Patricio and I have been experimenting some random BSOD with error x a caused by driver ntoskrnl exe I by 0x0000000a driver ntoskrnl.exe Random caused BSOD have tried to pinpoint the driver by myself but i failed to see which one is causing this I have reinstalled all motherboard drivers AMD Southbridge Video Card Drivers I've run this OS for around days and only once every months I BSOD Random 0x0000000a caused by driver ntoskrnl.exe got one of this BSOD but now this week it started to do it quite often and randomly To give you an example I can let my computer on for hours just letting it downloading something and it will be just fine then use it watch videos surf the internet and nothing Windows only managed to catch one Dump as the screen stays at the while the BSOD and even after letting it for half an hour it won t finish I have also run a Memtest for Hours it managed to run passes but I had errors That is why I believe it is probably something related to a driver not a system driver but a rd party driver like antivirus or so I have read the guide in sevenforums of how to run the Verifier create a custom run and I will let it now reboot Hoping it can log something I attach then the DMP file the Blue screen resume of the Bluescreenview from Nirsoft And the CBS log from the sfc scannow that I ve run which won t finish working this one has been up to something since long ago After every BSOD I run a chkdsk on every drive and repair them if necessary If anyone could lend me a hand about how to properly use extract the debug information of the driver verifier or is willing to analyse it I will really appreciate it Surely the problem would be solved if I just refresh format the OS but I would like to know what exactly is going on as I will probably install all the software again and end up having the same problem later Thank you very much for taking your time reading i look forward to any comment or opinion Edit Here is the album in which the drivers i will send to verify are Driver Verifier Collection - Imgur As stated above when i reboot i get instant BSOD for the driver verified I think i am picking the wrong options So I Picked now different ones trying to follow this example Driver Verifier - Windows amp Vista BSOD-related - Tech Support Forum It might sound funny but as my system is not in english the options to mark are completely different words chosen have little in common with the real translation we say Block instead of Pool just to name an example But Now that I uninstalled Glary Boot time Defrag I will give it a second try

A:BSOD Random 0x0000000a caused by driver ntoskrnl.exe

Your dumpfile blames Probably caused by : GUBootStartup.sys ( GUBootStartup+1103 )

This is the driver for Glary utilities from Glarysoft.

Driver Description: GlarySoft - Glary Utilities Startup Manager Tool driver
Driver Update Site: Downloads | Glarysoft

Check if your version is windows 8.1 compatible, if not update or remove it to check if this stops your BSODs.

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *
BugCheck A, {ffffc001d5d39e38, 2, 1, fffff80052ae9d08}
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for GUBootStartup.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for GUBootStartup.sys
Probably caused by : GUBootStartup.sys ( GUBootStartup+1103 )

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/51125-bsod-random-0x0000000a-caused-driver-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 87.72%

Hello my computer has been freezing crashing over the past few months - By DPC ntoskrnl.exe Driver: Watchdog Caused BSOD Violation I have still not managed to fix this problem My computer will simply freeze unable to do anything and it will require a hard-reset after restarting there will be no error logs etc This happens under GPU intensive tasks like watching videos in chrome opera and playing games However today when I was watching a video on YouTube - I noticed that everything started to slow down mouse DPC Watchdog Violation BSOD Caused By Driver: ntoskrnl.exe moment was extremely laggy - I managed to ALT-F out of chrome after that I couldn't really DPC Watchdog Violation BSOD Caused By Driver: ntoskrnl.exe do much like bring up task manager etc After a few minutes Windows finally blue screened with the error 'DPC watchdog violation' Things that I've tried so far Reseated RAM and GPUReinstalled GPU drivers used display driver uninstaller and installed drivers from Nvidia's website Moved GPU to another PCI-E lane only one PCIE card installed in my system I've ran the following tests Heaven Benchmark - NO crashes during testMSI Kombuster - NO crashes during testMEM-Test and Windows memory diagnostic test - NO RAM errors Computer components CPU Intel Pentium G GHz Motherboard Asus MAXIMUS VII GENE Micro ATX Memory Corsair Vengeance Pro GB x GB DDR - Memory Storage Sandisk Solid State Drive GB quot Solid State Drive Storage Western Digital Caviar Black TB quot RPM Internal Hard Drive Video Card MSI GeForce GTX GB TWIN FROZR Power Supply Corsair RM W Gold Attachment

A:DPC Watchdog Violation BSOD Caused By Driver: ntoskrnl.exe

Please provide this information so we can provide a complete analysis (from the Pinned Topic at the top of the forum):
Eight Forums: Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions
Ten Forums: Solved BSOD - Posting Instructions

Daemon Tools (and Alcohol % software) are known to cause BSOD's on some Windows systems (mostly due to the sptd.sys driver, although I have seen dtsoftbus01.sys blamed on several occasions).

Please un-install the program, then use the following free tool to ensure that the troublesome sptd.sys driver is removed from your system (pick the 32 or 64 bit system depending on your system's configuration): New link (15 Aug 2012): DuplexSecure - Downloads (pick the appropriate version for your system and select "Un-install" when you run it).
Alternate link: Disk-Tools.com
Manual procedure here: Registry and SPTD problems | DAEMON Pro Help

Please update these older drivers. Links are included to assist in looking up the source of the drivers. If unable to find an update, please remove (un-install) the program responsible for that driver. DO NOT manually delete/rename the driver as it may make the system unbootable! :

AsUpIO.sys Mon Aug 2 22:47:59 2010 (4C57835F)
ASUS hardware monitoring software related
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=AsUpIO.sys

NTIOLib_X64.sys Wed Oct 20 02:45:49 2010 (4CBE901D)
MSI Afterburner driver (known BSOD issues with Windows) Also found to be a part of MSI Live Update 5
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=NTIOLib_X64.sys

ASUSFILTER.sys Tue Sep 20 11:46:33 2011 (4E78B559)
ASUS USB Hub filter driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=ASUSFILTER.sys

AiChargerPlus.sys Wed Apr 18 21:17:35 2012 (4F8F67AF)
Asus Charger Driver [br] Likely BSOD cause - haven't seen recently (15Jan2013)
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=AiChargerPlus.sys

Beyond this, as there was only 1 memory dump in the upload, I have these 3 suggestions:
1. Get ALL available Windows Updates. It may take several trips to get them all
2. Get ALL available updates from the motherboard manufacturer's website
3. Start with these free hardware diagnostics: Hardware Diagnostics
4. If all of the hardware tests pass, then run Driver Verifier according to these instructions: Driver Verifier Settings

Analysis:
The following is for informational purposes only.

Code:
**************************Sun Oct 26 13:23:33.006 2014 (UTC - 4:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\John\SysnativeBSODApps\102614-9640-01.dmp]
Windows 8 Kernel Version 9600 MP (2 procs) Free x64
Built by: 9600.17238.amd64fre.winblue_gdr.140723-2018
System Uptime:7 days 2:41:09.203
Probably caused by :Unknown_Image ( ANALYSIS_INCONCLUSIVE )
BugCheck 133, {1, 1e00, 0, 0}
BugCheck Info: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION (133)
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000001, The system cumulatively spent an extended period of time at
DISPATCH_LEVEL or above. The offending component can usually be
identified with a stack trace.
Arg2: 0000000000001e00, The watchdog period.
Arg3: 0000000000000000
Arg4: 0000000000000000
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x133
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN8_DRIVER_FAULT
PROCESS_NAME: System
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: ZEROED_STACK
CPUID: "Intel(R) Pentium(R) CPU G3220 @ 3.00GHz"
MaxSpeed: 3000
CurrentSpeed: 2998
BIOS Version 1104
BIOS Release Date 07/16/2014
Manufacturer ASUS
Product Name All Series
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``

3rd Party Drivers:
The following is for information purposes only.
Any drivers in red should be updated or removed from your system. And should have been discussed in the body of my post.

Code:
**************************Sun Oct 26 13:23:33.006 2014 (UTC - 4:00)**************************
AsUpIO.sys Mon Aug 2 22:47:59 2010 (4C57835F)
N... Read more

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/56071-dpc-watchdog-violation-bsod-caused-driver-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 87.72%

Hey,,,

I am having a lots of BSOD while downloading torrents.
I tried updating wifi drivers.
It worked for a week, now again having same problem.

Tried changing torrent client from utorrent to bittorrent.
Still having problem.

Follwing is link to 5 dmp files and one system information file.
Download

Please help me out.
do i need to upload anything else ?

A:BSOD caused by ntoskrnl.exe driver while dwnldng torrent

Your Atheros Wireless LAN driver is causing issues. Update it here.

Code:
cec0b378 805b431eUnable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\athw8.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for athw8.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for athw8.sys
athw8+0x1aa31e

Code:
2: kd> lmvm athw8
start end module name
8040a000 806f0000 athw8 T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: athw8.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\athw8.sys
Image name: athw8.sys
Timestamp: Mon Dec 02 08:13:05 2013 (529C4111)
CheckSum: 002E5344
ImageSize: 002E6000

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/48743-bsod-caused-ntoskrnl-exe-driver-while-dwnldng-torrent.html
Relevancy 86.43%

My Laptop randomly got a BSOD a few days ago and it has continued since. The laptop is just over two years old. I tried a system restore but it didn't solve the problem. The BSOD happens no matter what I am doing and sometimes the laptop reboots or freezes instead. Safe mode works perfectly. I tried memtest86 which showed no errors and ran for five passes. Bluescreenview showed ntoskrnl.exe consistently in each dump report. Diagnostics in attachment below. Please help. Thanks in advance.

A:Toshiba laptop randomly gets BSOD caused by driver ntoskrnl.exe

Welcome to the forum.

Lets start with Driver verifier:
Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable

As the dump is indicating memory corruption test your memory using Memtest86 for 8 passes:

Source

Quote:
tdcmdpst.sys
Toshiba ODD Writing Driver (CD/DVD)
http://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/t.../jsp/home.jsp#

Update to the latest drivers for your Toshiba ODD as its of 2009 = quite old.

Code:
0: kd> lmvm tdcmdpst
start end module name
fffff880`041e2000 fffff880`041ec000 tdcmdpst T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: tdcmdpst.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\tdcmdpst.sys
Image name: tdcmdpst.sys
Timestamp: Thu Jul 30 14:39:35 2009 (4A715C47)
CheckSum: 0000BC23
ImageSize: 0000A000
Also do a hard disk test with Seatools
SeaTools for Windows | Seagate

Keep us posted.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/250154-toshiba-laptop-randomly-gets-bsod-caused-driver-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 85.57%

Hi,
I need your help, got startup problem like in title. Computer works, but when I tried to reboot, the BSOD comes out and I must start system using my backup file. Please help or comments. I don't know how to change that driver file or disable it. I think it may works..
Thx for everything

A:BSOD when start windows, error 0x0000006b,caused by driver ntoskrnl.ex

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/286770-bsod-when-start-windows-error-0x0000006b-caused-driver-ntoskrnl-ex.html
Relevancy 83.85%

Hi I'm new to the forum and need help I just got a blue screen claiming that windows was not shutdown 1001 ID Event BSOD properly and the system brought up this screen to protect my pc The confusing part was that the pc had restarted mins after I had shut it down properly Though during shutdown it had completed a windows update for windows defender When I checked the event logs I saw this The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck The bugcheck was x fe x x x xfffffa c b A dump was saved in C Windows MEMORY DMP Report Id - - A few hours beforehand I had plugged in my iTouch and updated it windows automatically updated the ipod's BSOD Event ID 1001 drivers so I am wondering if that's the problem Another strange thing is BSOD Event ID 1001 that I noticed my Kaspersky hadn't done a full scan in days when I have it set to run weekly Windows defender which is oddly no longer listed on my control panel hasn't run since the th when that is set to run daily as well I tried to attach the dump file but it says i don't have permission Though I'm the admin and only account on this pc Help please

A:BSOD Event ID 1001

forgot to say that im running windows 7 64bit. i upgraded my vista pc with it a few months ago.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/66662-bsod-event-id-1001-a.html
Relevancy 83.85%

i have had clean install of windows XP SP2 on my new system. it has crashed twice now since the install a couple hours back. a flash of BSOD and then restarted. Event viewer identifies it as event ID 1001 save dump. any idea what does it mean ? what needs to be done ? any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

Relevancy 82.99%

I have recently upgraded my computer with a new video card and audio card and ram I have been getting intermittent BSOD and looking at the event log and using bluescreen view the event ID is The drivers for the video and audio cards are all up to date The ram is rated at but my mother board ram sockets are compatible I 1001 BSOD id Intermittent event am not sure if that might be the Intermittent BSOD event id 1001 problem I have attached the results of the blue screen view Any help would be appreciated in deciphering what it all means and where my problem may potentially be My computer specs XP SP ATI HD Creative X-Fi Xtreme audio gig ram amd Ms- MoBo Dump File Mini - dmp Crash Time PM Bug Check String PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA Bug Check Code x Parameter xffffff Parameter x Parameter x Parameter x Caused By Driver ntoskrnl exe Caused By Address ntoskrnl exe f File Description NT Kernel amp System Product Name Microsoft Windows Operating System Company Microsoft Corporation File Version xpsp sp gdr - Processor -bit Computer Name Full Path C WINDOWS Minidump Mini - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File Mini - dmp Crash Time AM Bug Check String IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL Bug Check Code x a Parameter x e d Parameter x Parameter x Parameter x f Caused By Driver ntoskrnl exe Caused By Address ntoskrnl exe f File Description NT Kernel amp System Product Name Microsoft Windows Operating System Company Microsoft Corporation File Version xpsp sp gdr - Processor -bit Computer Name Full Path C WINDOWS Minidump Mini - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File Mini - dmp Crash Time AM Bug Check String IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL Bug Check Code x a Parameter xc f Parameter x Parameter x Parameter x f Caused By Driver ntoskrnl exe Caused By Address ntoskrnl exe f File Description NT Kernel amp System Product Name Microsoft Windows Operating System Company Microsoft Corporation File Version xpsp sp gdr - Processor -bit Computer Name Full Path C WINDOWS Minidump Mini - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File Mini - dmp Crash Time AM Bug Check String UNEXPECTED KERNEL MODE TRAP Bug Check Code x f Parameter x d Parameter x Parameter x Parameter x Caused By Driver RtkHDAud sys Caused By Address RtkHDAud sys d f File Description Realtek r High Definition Audio Function Driver Product Name Realtek r High Definition Audio Function Driver HRTF data Copyright by MIT Media Lab Company Realtek Semiconductor Corp File Version built by WinDDK Processor -bit Computer Name Full Path C WINDOWS Minidump Mini - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File Mini - dmp Crash Time PM Bug Check String KERNEL MODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED Bug Check Code x e Parameter xc Parameter x Parameter xa c b Parameter x Caused By Driver ati duag dll Caused By Address ati duag dll File Description ati duag dll Product Name ATI Technologies Inc Radeon DirectX Universal Driver Company ATI Technologies Inc File Version Processor -bit Computer Name Full Path C WINDOWS Minidump Mini - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File Mini - dmp Crash Time PM Bug Check String SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED Bug Check Code x e Parameter xc Parameter x fd Parameter xa d c Parameter xa d Caused By Driver t filt sys Caused By Address t filt sys a d File Description Creative WDM D Audio Driver Product Name Company Creative File Version Processor -bit Computer Name Full Path C WINDOWS Minidump Mini - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File Mini - dmp Crash Time PM Bug Check String IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL Bug Check Code x a Parameter x Parameter x Parameter x Parameter x Caused By Driver ntoskrnl exe Caused By Address ntoskrnl exe f File Description NT Kernel amp System Product Name Microsoft Windows Operating System Company Microsoft Corporation File Version xpsp sp gdr - Processor -bit Computer Name Full Path C WINDOWS Minidump Mini - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File Mini ... Read more

A:Intermittent BSOD event id 1001

Not enough information in what you gave ffrom the minidumps. So...

How to find and post your Minidump Files:

My Computer > C Drive > Windows Folder > Minidump Folder > Minidump Files.

It is these files that we need (not the folder). Attach to your next post the five most recent dumps. Notice the Manage Attachments button at the bottom when you go to post the next time. You can Zip up to five files per Zip; if you only have one or two you don?t need to zip them, just attach as is. Please do us a favor and don?t Zip each one individually.

How long have you been running your system with this memory?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/intermittent-bsod-event-id-1001.156215/
Relevancy 82.99%

i have previously added more ram since i thought the DIMM D and DIMM D didn't work i asked the retailer where i bought the motherboard if they did refurbishment on the board and i looked on ebay for someone with a new motherboard i figured if this is the last i'll see of this card i'm gonna atleast try to see if the dimm stick work i added ram stick in DIMM D and booted up and saw that memory had increased then i added the nd and saw that it increased 1001 bugcheck with BSOD event-ID again BSOD with bugcheck event-ID 1001 this is probably not serious since it BSOD with bugcheck event-ID 1001 has been working now for over weeks and no problem at all i was playing some minecraft and was at the movies while the bsod happened so i went into the event logs for system and found event ID bugcheck i recently ca for over weeks ago de-dusted my computer and added new thermal paste for the cpu and by this i think i haven't cleaned the under side of the cpu all too well since i think either it was still filthy cause the DIMM slots D and D didnt work since they work fine now although i still want to do a memtest to be sure everything is ok since after the bsod i started minecraft again usually i have fps but after the bsod i have around ish fps which is kinda slow when i'm haulin mods P i have included the bsod zip file as in the instruction for posting in this bsod forum thx

A:BSOD with bugcheck event-ID 1001

i restarted the computer yesterday after my first post. and everything was back to normal. minecraft pumping full fps again.

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/31109-bsod-bugcheck-event-id-1001-a.html
Relevancy 82.99%

Hi,

I need help with one of my pc having this error. I have no idea how to troubleshoot this issue. Help me please

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/383389-bsod-bugcheck-event-1001-a.html
Relevancy 82.99%

I have recently upgraded my computer with a new video card and audio card and ram I have been getting intermittent BSOD and looking at the event log and using bluescreen view the event ID is The drivers for the video and audio cards are all up to date The ram is rated at but my mother board ram sockets are compatible I am not sure if that might be the problem I have attached the results of the blue screen view Any help would be appreciated in deciphering what it all means and where my problem may potentially be My computer specs XP SP ATI HD Creative X-Fi Xtreme audio gig ram amd Ms- MoBo Dump File Mini - dmp Crash Time PM Bug Check String PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA Bug Check Code x Parameter xffffff Parameter x Parameter x Parameter x Caused By Driver ntoskrnl exe Caused By Address ntoskrnl exe f File Description NT Kernel amp System Product Name Microsoft Windows Operating System Company Microsoft Corporation File Version xpsp sp gdr - Processor 1001 BSOD event intermittent id -bit Computer Name Full Path C WINDOWS Minidump Mini - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File Mini - dmp Crash Time AM Bug Check intermittent BSOD event id 1001 String IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL Bug Check Code x a Parameter x e d Parameter x Parameter x Parameter x f Caused By Driver ntoskrnl exe Caused By Address ntoskrnl exe f File Description NT Kernel amp System Product Name Microsoft Windows Operating System Company Microsoft Corporation File Version xpsp sp gdr - Processor -bit Computer Name Full Path C WINDOWS Minidump Mini - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File Mini - dmp Crash Time AM Bug Check String IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL Bug Check Code x a Parameter xc f Parameter x Parameter x Parameter x f Caused By Driver ntoskrnl exe Caused By Address intermittent BSOD event id 1001 ntoskrnl exe f File Description NT Kernel amp System Product Name Microsoft Windows Operating System Company intermittent BSOD event id 1001 Microsoft Corporation File Version xpsp sp gdr - Processor -bit Computer Name Full Path C WINDOWS Minidump Mini - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File Mini - dmp Crash Time AM Bug Check String UNEXPECTED KERNEL MODE TRAP Bug Check Code x f Parameter x d Parameter x Parameter x Parameter x Caused By Driver RtkHDAud sys Caused By Address RtkHDAud sys d f File Description Realtek reg High Definition Audio Function Driver Product Name Realtek reg High Definition Audio Function Driver HRTF data Copyright by MIT Media Lab Company Realtek Semiconductor Corp File Version built by WinDDK Processor -bit Computer Name Full Path C WINDOWS Minidump Mini - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File Mini - dmp Crash Time PM Bug Check String KERNEL MODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED Bug Check Code x e Parameter xc Parameter x Parameter xa c b Parameter x Caused By Driver ati duag dll Caused By Address ati duag dll File Description ati duag dll Product Name ATI Technologies Inc Radeon DirectX Universal Driver Company ATI Technologies Inc File Version Processor -bit Computer Name Full Path C WINDOWS Minidump Mini - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File Mini - dmp Crash Time PM Bug Check String SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED Bug Check Code x e Parameter xc Parameter x fd Parameter xa d c Parameter xa d Caused By Driver t filt sys Caused By Address t filt sys a d File Description Creative WDM D Audio Driver Product Name Company Creative File Version Processor -bit Computer Name Full Path C WINDOWS Minidump Mini - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File Mini - dmp Crash Time PM Bug Check String IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL Bug Check Code x a Parameter x Parameter x Parameter x Parameter x Caused By Driver ntoskrnl exe Caused By Address ntoskrnl exe f File Description NT Kernel amp System Product Name Microsoft Windows Operating System Company Microsoft Corporation File Version xpsp sp gdr - Processor -bit Computer Name Full Path C WINDOWS Minidump Min... Read more

A:intermittent BSOD event id 1001

Judging form the variety of files involved and from types of errors, possibly RAM issue (video card RAM included).
To eliminate one possible culprit quickly, remove video card, switch to on-board video for a day, or so, and see if BSODs are still there.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/359219/intermittent-bsod-event-id-1001/
Relevancy 82.99%

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck.  The bugcheck was: 0x000000fc (0xfffff80167e01fe8, 0x800000013fd33121, 0xffffd00021bff050, 0x0000000000000002). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 9243e000-eb06-496d-b427-1ca4d54c5012.
I have no idea what to do with this, it happened twice in just 5 minutes time.... 

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/c7de9261-d59f-4085-9ebd-d97a19021ae6/1001-bugcheck-event-after-bsod?forum=w7itproperf
Relevancy 82.99%

hey, i've recently been getting BSOD, get it every few hours, and cant seem to be able to find out what it is i was wondering if anyone could help me, this problem started happening when i upgraded my pc from 4gb of ram to 6gb of ram.

i've tryed:
1. Resetting the CMOS
2. Flashing the Bios
3. move the RAM's in diffrent slots

here is what i get from the event viewer: (Event ID 1001)

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000001e (0xffffffffc0000005, 0xfffff800028d308d, 0x0000000000000000, 0xffffffffffffffff). A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 122709-14289-01.
what else can i do ?

A:BSOD then restart Event ID: 1001

Reviewing the event viewer logs is one fast way to learn which device driver is the cause if this is software related. The manufacturer's name even if differing from that of a program or addon device is often the thing to look for and then remove even reinstall the program or driver set.

The external references here can also be considered like disabling the automatic restart when you get a BSOD in order to take notes on the blue screen error information displayed usually very briefly.

Quote:
Disable UAC. Control Panel > System And Maintenance > System > Advanced System Settings > Advanced tab > Under Startup And Recovery > Click Settings > Clear the Automatically Restart check box > click OK. Enable UAC.

Windows Vista, Windows 7 Stop Errors Or Blue Screen Of Death

The "0x0000001e" is common with the NT cored versions of Windows going back to 2000. The memory you added can also be considered a likely problem if a different brand or simply the same while the timings are different or you mixed two different types like standard with performance dimms since this began once you added in the additional dimms.

The first thing now would be removing those two to see if the problem suddenly clears up on it's own. The dimms themselves can be in perfect working order but simply a mismatch for the original memory.

If the problem persists following that you may be looking at a temp problem now being seen or even another hardware now seeing a fault of some type. First you have to narrow the list of possible causes down a bit however.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/49754-bsod-then-restart-event-id-1001-a.html
Relevancy 82.99%

i keep getting BSOD when playing game new graphics i dont know where to start when its comes to BSOD stuff

110414-10576-01.dmp 11/4/2014 10:48:39 PM 0x00000124 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`0af318f8 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 ntoskrnl.exe ntoskrnl.exe+4a63cc NT Kernel & System Microsoft? Windows? Operating System Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7600.16385 (win7_rtm.090713-1255) x64 ntoskrnl.exe+4a63cc C:\Windows\Minidump\110414-10576-01.dmp 6 15 7600 262,144 11/4/2014 10:48:41 PM is some info i dont know what else yall need

A:0x00000124 ntoskrnl.exe ntoskrnl.exe+4a63cc BSOD Error runninganygame

Please Help

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/351242-0x00000124-ntoskrnl-exe-ntoskrnl-exe-4a63cc-bsod-error-runninganygame.html
Relevancy 82.13%

I am randomly getting this BSOD Sometimes the PC is only on for around minutes sometimes it happens after the PC has been on (Event 7 BSOD ID-1001) Windows 0x000000c5 for a few hours or even days No matter if I'm on the Internet or not creating documents virus scanning or just at idle time Happens anytime Here is the BSOD specifics from the Event Viewer Bugcheck x c x d c BSOD 0x000000c5 (Event ID-1001) Windows 7 d x x x f c Event ID - Qualifiers - Guid - ABCE E -DE - - - FA C Keywords - x System specs Windows Ultimate -bit NVidia BSOD 0x000000c5 (Event ID-1001) Windows 7 nForce i SLI S Motherboard Dual NVidia GeForce GTX m GB DDR SLI Bridged Graphics Cards Dual Western Digital VELOCIRAPTOR GB rpm Hard Drivres RAID -Stripe Array gb Corsair Dominator XMS DDR RAM Memory Intel Core QX GHz BSOD 0x000000c5 (Event ID-1001) Windows 7 QuadCore Processor no overclocking Norton Internet Security I always keep all software amp drivers for everything updated especially the NVidia drivers amp Windows Updates I kind of suspect the problem may be with the NVidia graphics cards or drivers not sure tho Could possibly be the Norton Internet Security Enclosed is the zip folder Any help would be greatly appreciated Thank you

A:BSOD 0x000000c5 (Event ID-1001) Windows 7

Welcome
Your reports are hinting at a driver, lets try to ascertain which one or if it is indeed a driver.
Driver Verifier
I'd suggest that you first backup your data and then make sure you've got access to another computer so you can contact us if problems arise. Then make a System Restore point (so you can restore the system using the Vista/Windows 7 Startup Repair feature).

In Windows 7 you can make a Startup Repair disk by going to Start....All Programs...Maintenance...Create a System Repair Disc - with Windows Vista you'll have to use your installation disk or the "Repair your computer" option at the top of the Safe Mode menu .

Then, here's the procedure:
- Go to Start and type in "verifier" (without the quotes) and press Enter
- Select "Create custom settings (for code developers)" and click "Next"
- Select "Select individual settings from a full list" and click "Next"
- Select everything EXCEPT FOR "Low Resource Simulation" and click "Next"
- Select "Select driver names from a list" and click "Next"
Then select all drivers NOT provided by Microsoft and click "Next"
- Select "Finish" on the next page.

Reboot the system and wait for it to crash to the Blue Screen. Continue to use your system normally, and if you know what causes the crash, do that repeatedly. The objective here is to get the system to crash because Driver Verifier is stressing the drivers out. If it doesn't crash for you, then let it run for at least 36 hours of continuous operation (an estimate on my part).

If you can't get into Windows because it crashes too soon, try it in Safe Mode.
If you can't get into Safe Mode, try using System Restore from your installation DVD to set the system back to the previous restore point that you created.
Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/249783-bsod-0x000000c5-event-id-1001-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 82.13%

Hello I have a new problem I have a workstation that I just setup and the user is reporting BSODs on the system randomly I've done all the standards stuff - Updated to the newest drivers from the vendor's web site - Removed and reinstalled anti-virus - Run chkdsk on the system volume - Ran memtest - Looked into the bugchecks that came new BSOD machine on randomly 1001 event id up They are all event id but the bug check seems to change almost every time I've noted bugchecks b a f c a e e and e I didn't see anything promising but I'm not exactly sure what to look for System is -Windows pro -bit -OEM install -Compaq B SFF PC Adina BSOD randomly event id 1001 on new machine -AMD E- Processor Ghz - GB RAM -While it's an older system we bought it new recently from tigerdirect BSOD randomly event id 1001 on new machine Guessing it was overstock It's perfect for our simple needs on this workstation as far as power goes Just need to resolve the BSOD issue BTW the other unit that is exactly the same does not have any problems I have an exact match to this system so I'm going to swap the hard disks between the functioning system and the one with BSOD problems Once I note where the BSOD ends up I'll have a better idea whether it's h w or s w I'll post the information but it is doing a BSOD every couple of days so it may be a bit If you see anything that gives me a clue please let me know Also please include what you saw that pointed to the conclusion as I'm interested in learning how to better troubleshoot these problems myself as well as the solution to the problem Thanks Jeff

A:BSOD randomly event id 1001 on new machine

Welcome
You have had many BSODS with various causes. It appears that the problem may be due to hardware
Initial Hardware Diagnostics
There are, also, indications that the problem is due to your graphics driver, update driver.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/241296-bsod-randomly-event-id-1001-new-machine.html
Relevancy 82.13%

Hi guys I've recently gotten some random BSOD out of the blue lol these past few days Built my rig about - weeks ago and ran fine now its bug after another These BSOD are the worst though it's happenning frequently and i have no idea why After a few restarts it will be stable for the mean time such as right now but the BSOD will strike again when im off gaurd EDIT i've unlocked my cores to run quad core th core was unstable 1001 Recent ID BSOD event random disabled that tried cores was stable on prime Went and defaulted BIOS running dual core everything stock no BSOD yet Just wanted to mention that if it related to the crashings EDIT Nope just BSOD again Checked Event Viewer and this was logged multiple timeswithin the minutes of the BSOD x Number of times logged in - minute Recent random BSOD event ID 1001 range Event ID The Network List Service service depends on the Network Location Awareness service which failed to start because of the following error The dependency service or group failed to start - lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt - lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Service Control Manager quot Guid quot d -a d - - e e- d f quot EventSourceName quot Service Control Manager quot gt lt EventID Qualifiers quot quot gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt dandinh-PC lt Computer gt lt Security gt lt System gt - lt EventData gt lt Data Name quot param quot gt Network List Service lt Data gt lt Data Name quot param quot gt Network Location Awareness lt Data gt lt Data Name quot param quot gt lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt Event ID DCOM got error quot quot attempting to start the service netprofm with arguments quot quot in order to run the server A D -C - D -A B - AD B - lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt - lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-DistributedCOM quot Guid quot B E -B AA- -BADC-B F A E quot EventSourceName quot DCOM quot gt lt EventID Qualifiers quot quot gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt dandinh-PC lt Computer gt lt Security gt lt System gt - lt EventData gt lt Data Name quot param quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot param quot gt netprofm lt Data gt lt Data Name quot param quot gt lt Data Name quot param quot gt A D -C - D -A B - AD B lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt Event ID The following boot-start or system-start driver s failed to load AFD aswRdr aswSP aswTdi BIOS BS I cIo DfsC discache NetBIOS NetBT nsiproxy Psched rdbss spldr tdx Wanarpv WfpLwf - lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt - lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Service Control Manager quot Guid quot d -a d - - e e- d f quot EventSourceName quot Service Control Manager quot gt lt EventID Qualifiers quot quot gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt dandinh-PC lt Computer gt lt Security gt lt System gt - lt EventData gt lt Data Name quot param quot gt AFD aswRdr aswSP aswTdi BIOS BS I cIo DfsC discache NetBIOS NetBT nsiproxy Psched rdbss spldr tdx Wanarpv WfpLwf lt Dat... Read more

A:Recent random BSOD event ID 1001

You have some really out of date driver:

Code:
fffff880`06d6a000 fffff880`06d70000 RTCore64 RTCore64.sys Wed May 25 13:39:12 2005 (42941D90) RivaTuner/EVGA Precision
fffff880`12b5f000 fffff880`12b73000 Rtnic64 Rtnic64.sys Mon Mar 31 12:39:38 2008 (47F0791A) Realtek Ethernet NIC driver
update them first because 2,3 old driver are notorious cause for BSOD in window7

Code:
BugCheck A, {fffffa7ff3ffffe0, 2, 1, fffff80002caae7e}

Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiRemoveAnyPage+13e )

---------
BugCheck A, {fffffa7ff3ffffe0, 2, 1, fffff80002cce209}

Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MmZeroPageThread+3d4 )

---------
Let us know if you need help

Tuan

Edit: Also please run system file check as well:
SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/100325-recent-random-bsod-event-id-1001-a.html
Relevancy 81.27%

Hi everyone

Nice to have a community like this, i have found many solutions on this site

For once my own machine is having some issues. Once a week i am getting the dreaded blue screen. Could someone please interpret the dump file for me so i can get this sorted out

Would really appreciate any assistance

A:BSOD: At specific times of the week Event ID: 1001

Hi Metalmilitia welcome to SF

Please update your M-Audio (MAudio Fast Track Pro) software\drivers.
M-AUDIO - Drivers and Software Search

------------------
Finish with the above steps and post back with any results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/186453-bsod-specific-times-week-event-id-1001-a.html
Relevancy 81.27%

I was in the middle of using Cakewalk Sonar Artist and the computer randomly BSOD. It a pretty memory and CPU heavy program but I'm curious what happened.

I've had a few crashes as of lately. One I believe to be a bad GPU but now I saw ID: 18 which says something about my CPU.

Any help would be great.

A:BSOD while using Sonar Artist. Event Viewer 1001 and 18

I just opened it back up to recreate the BSOD and it did. I was just fixing a few things with a song I'm writing and then it BSOD. I attached the minidump.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/390210-bsod-while-using-sonar-artist-event-viewer-1001-18-a.html
Relevancy 81.27%

I recently built a new pc installed windows bit installed mobo drivers installed video card drivers id Random build New BSOD 0x800... 1001 event then got all of windows updates I got a BSOD randomly and it rebooted to windows fine The next day it happened again about hours after boot The second time I saw it Random BSOD New build 0x800... event id 1001 said Page fault in nonpaged area but then it flashed away and rebooted before I could read more Then last night I fell asleep downloading something and woke up to it saying it recovered from an unexpected shutdown Not sure if this Random BSOD New build 0x800... event id 1001 is related but Applications are crashing as well I get error messages such as Catalyst Control Center Host application has stopped working McAfee service host crash Windows Explorer has Random BSOD New build 0x800... event id 1001 stopped working Also Chrome crashed very frequently when I tried to upload multiple photos Specs Cpu AMD FX core Motherboard Gigabyte fxa-ud revision Ram Patriot Viper x gb mhz Gpu Sapphire xt Sorry for the long post just trying to get as much info that is needed I have attached the zip file from the Sf diagnostic tool hope I did it right Thank you in advance for any help it is MUCH appreciated

A:Random BSOD New build 0x800... event id 1001

Code:
BugCheck 109, {a3a039d89ac8d7b2, b3b7465eed45a718, fffff800037567c1, 1}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!CmpParseKey+721 )

Code:
Usual causes: Device driver, Breakpoint set with no debugger attached, Hardware (Memory in particular)
The bugcheck indicates that the Windows kernel has detected that some form of critical data corruption has occurred, this could be due to failing RAM whereby the kernel objects are being held, causing the held data to become corrupted. Poorly written drivers can cause this problems by directly modifying kernel code.

Remove:

Code:
Start Menu\Programs\McAfee
Start Menu\Programs\McAfee Online Backup
McAfee is known to cause BSODs with Windows 7, and uses many poorly written drivers which tend to cause memory access violations, the best method is remove all McAfee products completely using the McAfee Removal Tool, and then install these free and proven alternatives which work best with Windows 7.

Install and perform full scans with:Malwarebytes : Free anti-malware download
Microsoft Security Essentials | Protect against viruses, spyware, and other malware

Information
Remember to install the free version of Malwarebytes not the free trail; untick the free trial box during installation. MSE is the most lightweight and compatible with the Windows 7 operating system

You can also view this thread for a complete free and lightweight security protection combination:Good and Free system security combination.
The bugcheck also indicates memory corruption, and illegal modification of code.

Code:
1: kd> !error ffffffffc000001d
Error code: (NTSTATUS) 0xc000001d (3221225501) - {EXCEPTION} Illegal Instruction An attempt was made to execute an illegal instruction.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/287646-random-bsod-new-build-0x800-event-id-1001-a.html
Relevancy 81.27%

I posted this on Sevenforums because i totally forgot I was using 10 but here's kind of a repost haha.

I was in the middle of using Cakewalk Sonar Artist and the computer randomly BSOD. It a pretty memory and CPU heavy program but I'm curious what happened.

I've had a few crashes as of lately. One I believe to be a bad GPU but now I saw ID: 18 which says something about my CPU.

Any help would be great.

Edit: It's been crashing a lot lately with different kinds of freezing, lock ups, and BSOD. Everytime it was when I used Sonar Artist. I can play new games without issues but once I start using that application it crashes after about 15-20 minutes.

The uploaded attachment is current to today.

A:BSOD while using Sonar Artist. Event Viewer 1001 and 18

The errors are 0x124 WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (Windows Hardware Error Architecture)
This means that there are problems with your hardware, but this error is also caused by overclocking, faulty drivers or BIOS problems.

STOP 0x124 Troubleshooting

Read carefully before proceeding.
   Warning
If you're overclocking your system, revert back to stock clocks now.

Note
Test the system once the overclock is removed before continuing with the steps outlined below.

Part One: CPU Stress Test
Part Two: MemTest86+ RAM Diagnostic
Part Three: Hard Drive Diagnostics
Part Four: GPU Stress Test

ONE

CPU TEST

Run Prime95 and/or IntelBurnTest to stress test your CPU. Prime95 - Stress Test Your CPU - Windows 10 Forums & CPU - Stress Test Using IntelBurnTest - Windows 7 Help Forums

Warning
Your CPU temperatures will rise quickly while under this stress test. Keep a keen eye on them and abort the test if overheating occurs.

TWO

RAM TEST

Run MemTest86+ to analyse your RAM. MemTest86+ - Test RAM - Windows 10 Forums

Note

MemTest86+ needs to be run for at least 8 passes for conclusive results. Set it running before you go to bed and leave it overnight. We're looking forzero errors here. Even a single error will indicate RAM failure.

THREE

HDD TEST

Run SeaTools to check the integrity of your HDD. SeaTools for DOS and Windows - How to Use - Windows 7 Help Forums
Run following tests
Short Drive Self TestShort genericLong generic
If the short generic fails, no need for the long generic.

Note
Do not run SeaTools on an SSD as the results will be invalid.

Run chkdsk
Disk Check - Windows 7 Help Forums

Run HDTune to
scan for errors, no quick scan but full scancheck the health,benchmark.
It may take some time, but please take the time you need to perform it properly.
Let me know what the results are
of the error scan,make a screenshot of the health of every hard drive and post the screenshots,post screenshots with the benchmark of the
transfer rate,access time,burst rate,cpu usage.

FOUR

GPU TEST

Run Furmark to stress test your GPU. FurMark - GPU Stress Test - Windows 10 Forums

Note
Run Furmark for around 30 minutes.
   Warning
Your GPU temperatures will rise quickly while Furmark is running. Keep a keen eye on them and abort the test if overheating occurs.

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/38863-bsod-while-using-sonar-artist-event-viewer-1001-18-a.html
Relevancy 80.84%

Alright started getting the BugCheck crash with Event Kernel-Power BSOD a few times not long ago widely spaced out incidents it will lock up make a very weird repetitive Event Event BugCheck k57nd60a Kernel-Power 1001 41 4 Event noise through my stereo speakers and will also get black and white bars across the screen before the blue screen turns up and asks for restart option choice And Event k nd a has been Event 1001 BugCheck Event 41 Kernel-Power Event 4 k57nd60a ongoing for Event 1001 BugCheck Event 41 Kernel-Power Event 4 k57nd60a as long as I can remember Any ideas Event BugCheck The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck The bugcheck was x b x c xfffff a xfffff c a x A dump was saved in C Windows MEMORY DMP Report Id - - - lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt - lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-WER-SystemErrorReporting quot Guid quot ABCE E -DE - - - FA C quot EventSourceName quot BugCheck quot gt lt EventID Qualifiers quot quot gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Event 1001 BugCheck Event 41 Kernel-Power Event 4 k57nd60a Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt Master lt Computer gt lt Security gt lt System gt - lt EventData gt lt Data Name quot param quot gt x b x c xfffff a xfffff c a x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot param quot gt C Windows MEMORY DMP lt Data gt lt Data Name quot param quot gt - - lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt Also I have checked the provided location for that dump file but it's not letting me get to it Event Kernel-Power - lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt - lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power quot Guid quot C B A- - C -AC E- C D B quot gt lt EventID gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt Master lt Computer gt lt Security UserID quot S- - - quot gt lt System gt - lt EventData gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckCode quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt xc lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt xfffff a lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt xfffff c a lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot SleepInProgress quot gt false lt Data gt lt Data Name quot PowerButtonTimestamp quot gt lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt Event k nd a Broadcom NetLink TM Gigabit Ethernet The network link is down Check to make sure the network cable is properly connected - lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt - lt System gt lt Provider Name quot k nd a quot gt lt EventID Qualifiers quot quot gt lt EventID gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt Master lt Computer gt lt Security gt lt System gt - lt EventData gt lt Data gt Device NDMP lt Data gt lt Data gt Broadcom NetLink TM Gigabit Ethernet lt Data gt lt Binary gt lt Binary gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt EDIT Further information BlueScreenView for this event shows ndis sys amp afd sys amp ntoskrnl exe in pink Bug check string SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION Bug check code x b Parameter c Parameter fffff a Parameter fffff c a Parameter Caused by driver afd sys Caused by address afd sys a Crash address ntoskrnl exe cc

A:Event 1001 BugCheck Event 41 Kernel-Power Event 4 k57nd60a

Memory exception but we need to examine the DMP files to find out why.

We do need the DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.

If you are overclocking STOP
We could also use some system information, which you can get easily by running msinfo32.
To do that go to start>run>type msinfo32>enter

When it is finished running go to file>save>name it and upload to us here.
You may be able to get the DMP files without crashing by booting into safe mode (F8) with networking.

To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.

The procedure:

Quote:
* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
*If the files are too large please upload them to a file sharing service like "Rapidshare" and put a link to them in your reply.

To ensure minidumps are enabled:

Quote:
* Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
* Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
* Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
* Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
* Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
* OK your way out.
* Reboot if changes have been made.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/224259-event-1001-bugcheck-event-41-kernel-power-event-4-k57nd60a.html
Relevancy 80.41%

Sorry that the title doesn't exactly describe the problem but I'm not exactly sure what to call it Starting yesterday at start up my computer has been giving me a whole slew of errors in the event log along with BSOD with every normal start up I haven't made any changes to the 41, etc.) Normal 1101, (Event Start 10, up 6000 BSOD 1001, On 20, hardware or any changes to system files that I'm aware of and aside from some GPU related crashes here and there there weren't any problems to speak of until yesterday So far I've run a full boot scan with Avast that returned with no results a BSOD On Normal Start up (Event 10, 20, 41, 1001, 1101, 6000 etc.) quick scan with Malwarebytes with no results and a sfc scannow that BSOD On Normal Start up (Event 10, 20, 41, 1001, 1101, 6000 etc.) also said everything was fine So all in all I'm not really sure what to do The Event IDs of the errors that appear in the event log are as follows and I've attached the SF diagnostic tool zip as well with the problems starting at pm on the th Any help would be greatly appreciated System specs are as follows OS - Windows Home Premium bit CPU - AMD Anthlon II X GHz Motherboard - ASUS M A L-M LX Memory - Crucial GB DDR PSU - Ultra w ATX Graphics Card - HIS Radeon HD PCIe GB GDDR Hard Drives Western Digital WD Green WD EARS TB RPM MB Cache SATA Gb s quot Western Digital WD Green WD EARS TB MB Cache SATA Gb s quot Western Digital Caviar GP WD AACS GB to RPM MB Cache SATA Gb s quot Edit Alright so the problem appears to be connected to the GPU in some way although to what extent be it the drivers card power to the card etc I can't be sure But so far the computer has stopped crashing when switching over to use the onboard graphics It seems a little strange though as I switched over to the on-board and uninstalled the drivers restarted the computer with the again and the computer was running fine or at least it gave me more time maybe two-three minutes compared to the usual seconds one minute before crashing But as soon as I finished installing Catalyst freshly downloaded from AMD it crashed and gave me a BSOD Also worthy of note while I say BSOD none of the screens have actually been blue they're all either just completely black or a gray green teal color with vertical lines running through them I'm not sure if it has any relevance but after booting into safe mode the first time and then going back to a normal startup Windows briefly displayed in the bottom right that my copy of Windows was not genuine followed by an agonizingly long black screen and desktop loading In addition to the above edit I've also run a chkdsk on my main drive which returned errors that were fixed after a reboot and windows defender ran returning with no errors And since it appears I forgot to mention it before I tried to do a system restore in safe mode to earlier yesterday which went through successfully but didn't fix any of the problems In the interest of being as thorough as possible over the last two days or so I've noticed a sound coming from the computer almost akin to that of when burning a disc or the hard drives doing a lot of work This noise seems to appear most frequently when idle which I find to be a little odd but I'm unsure if it's at all connected Hopefully this all helps shed a little light on my problem and again I'd greatly appreciate any help you have to offer

A:BSOD On Normal Start up (Event 10, 20, 41, 1001, 1101, 6000 etc.)

Hi and Welcome OpticArray

Tip
Stop 0x124 minidumps contain very little practical information, and it is therefore necessary to approach the problem as a case of hardware in an unknown state of distress.

You can read more on this error and what to try here... Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try: Stop 124 Troubleshooting Strategy

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 124, {0, fffffa8004db8038, 0, 0}

---------

* Bugcheck Analysis *

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (124)
A fatal hardware error has occurred. Parameter 1 identifies the type of error
source that reported the error. Parameter 2 holds the address of the
WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure that describes the error conditon.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000000, Machine Check Exception
Arg2: fffffa8004db8038, Address of the WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure.
Arg3: 0000000000000000, High order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.
Arg4: 0000000000000000, Low order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.

Debugging Details:
------------------

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x124_AuthenticAMD

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN7_DRIVER_FAULT

STACK_COMMAND: kb

FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: AuthenticAMD

IMAGE_NAME: AuthenticAMD

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 0

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x124_AuthenticAMD_PROCESSOR_BUS_PRV

BUCKET_ID: X64_0x124_AuthenticAMD_PROCESSOR_BUS_PRV

---------

1: kd> !errrec fffffa8004db8038
Common Platform Error Record @ fffffa8004db8038
Record Id : 01ce5c35a5498523
Severity : Fatal (1)
Length : 928
Creator : Microsoft
Notify Type : Machine Check Exception
Timestamp : 5/29/2013 6:28:07 (UTC)
Flags : 0x00000002 PreviousError

Section 0 : Processor Generic
Descriptor @ fffffa8004db80b8
Section @ fffffa8004db8190
Offset : 344
Length : 192
Flags : 0x00000001 Primary

Proc. Type : x86/x64
Instr. Set : x64
Error Type : BUS error
Operation : Generic
Flags : 0x00
Level : 3
CPU Version : 0x0000000000100f53
Processor ID : 0x0000000000000000

Section 1 : x86/x64 Processor Specific
Descriptor @ fffffa8004db8100
Section @ fffffa8004db8250
Offset : 536
Length : 128

Local APIC Id : 0x0000000000... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/291707-bsod-normal-start-up-event-10-20-41-1001-1101-6000-etc.html
Relevancy 78.69%

Hi failure" power "Driver caused state BSOD ntoskrnl.exe by: Folks I really hope you can help me I BSOD "Driver power state failure" caused by: ntoskrnl.exe followed the instructions to create the attachement What I know so far is that this machine has BSOD'd several times The last times a ultilty called BlueScreenViewer exe says it's due to quot Driver power state failure quot caused by ntoskrnl exe I BSOD "Driver power state failure" caused by: ntoskrnl.exe checked event viewer for the time mentioned pm and it says there is system error quot source Bug Check quot at that exact time For anti-virus I have MS Security Essentials For Spyware I have Spybot S amp D I use with Workstation as a study too so it has hosed my VMs which is very disappointing BSOD "Driver power state failure" caused by: ntoskrnl.exe I would really like to root cause this to continue with confidence I know you hear this all the time but please help I don't mind collecting info and checking into things I am just out of my element a little here I looked throug the results of the permon report and it seems clean for the most part Thanks in advance Jay

A:BSOD "Driver power state failure" caused by: ntoskrnl.exe

Is there anything else I can do to help action this post? Thanks

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/237448-bsod-driver-power-state-failure-caused-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 78.69%

Windows -x Windows Ultimate Full Retail System Hardware is all new First Install of the OS x LG X DVD Burner - Bulk Black SATA Model GH LS LightScribe Support - OEM x SAMSUNG EcoGreen F HD SI TB RPM SATA Gb s quot Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive x Bug - BSOD Error Check - 1001 OCZ Signature GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Desktop Memory Model OCZ SR LV GK x OCZ Fatal ty OCZ FTY W ATX V v EPS V SLI Ready PLUS Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply x Intel Core i - Clarkdale GHz LGA W Dual-Core Desktop Processor BX I x GIGABYTE GA-H N-USB LGA Intel H HDMI USB Mini ITX Intel Motherboard Did a low-level format of the HDD before installing the O S and drivers Everything seemed fine till I turned it on this morning I left the computer idle for a few minutes and BSOD - Error 1001 - Bug Check came back to it recovering from a BSOD As for the report I am running MSE for virus protection I am also managing Windows Update myself I've followed the instructions for BSOD's as per forum rules and have attached a copy of the report as a zip file

A:BSOD - Error 1001 - Bug Check

Quote: Originally Posted by Mazdem

Windows 7
-x64
Windows 7 Ultimate
Full Retail
System Hardware is all new
First Install of the OS

1 x LG 22X DVD Burner - Bulk Black SATA Model GH22LS50 LightScribe Support - OEM
1 x SAMSUNG EcoGreen F2 HD103SI 1TB 5400 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
1 x OCZ Signature 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory Model OCZ3SR1333LV4GK
1 x OCZ Fatal1ty OCZ550FTY 550W ATX12V v2.2 / EPS12V SLI Ready 80 PLUS Certified Modular Active PFC Power Supply
1 x Intel Core i3-540 Clarkdale 3.06GHz LGA 1156 73W Dual-Core Desktop Processor BX80616I3540
1 x GIGABYTE GA-H55N-USB3 LGA 1156 Intel H55 HDMI USB 3.0 Mini ITX Intel Motherboard

Did a low-level format of the HDD before installing the O/S and drivers. Everything seemed fine till I turned it on this morning. I left the computer idle for a few minutes and came back to it recovering from a BSOD.

As for the report I am running MSE for virus protection. I am also managing Windows Update myself.

I've followed the instructions for BSOD's as per forum rules and have attached a copy of the report as a zip file.

Memory exception caused by Team Viewer. Remove and re-install newest version (stay away from version 6 beta)
Ken J

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/128606-bsod-error-1001-bug-check.html
Relevancy 77.83%

Hi Everyone,

I've found this forum through Google and hope you are able to provide me with some assistance, I'm trying to repair my mothers laptop however struggling as I am doing this remotely from University. She has been complaining about a BSOD message displaying intermittently during everyday use, she only uses the laptop for e-mails and internet. - No gaming whatsoever.

I have extracted the minidump information as well as the details from the DM Log Collector, I believe the issue is caused by "hal.dll" can anyone provide me with assistance with this issue as I'm not familiar with fixing these sorts of issues.

I have filled in my system information within my profile for the corresponding laptop also if this is needed.

Many thanks in advance,

iJ.

A:BSOD, Caused by hal.dll, error 0x00000124

InsaneJokerr, welcome to the forums. I will see if I can help you. I need you to run the BSOD Posting Instructions again http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/96879-blue-screen-death-bsod-posting-instructions.html again and post them here. All of the files are not there. The ones that were there list

Code:

BugCheck 124, {0, fffffa8005e8a038, b6000000, 10015}
---------
* Bugcheck Analysis *
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000000, Machine Check Exception
Arg2: fffffa8005e8a038, Address of the WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure.
Arg3: 00000000b6000000, High order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.
Arg4: 0000000000010015, Low order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.
Debugging Details:
------------------

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x124_AuthenticAMD
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN7_DRIVER_FAULT
PROCESS_NAME: chrome.exe

A Stop Code of 0X124 is a generic Hardware error. It simply means some piece of hardware is failing or has failed. It provides little information as to what piece it is. Or it can also be a driver bad enough to cause the hardware to act in unexpected ways.

One thing I did notice was that almost every dump file I looked at listed Chrome as the process that was running. I would suggest you do a couple of things. Make sure She is running an updated version of Chrome and not a BETA Version. I would suggest installing the newest stable version.

Also, put monitoring software on the Laptop that will monitor both the CPU and GPU Temps. Also update all the drivers from the manufacturer's web site.

Please open an elevated command prompt ( click start, type cmd in the search box, right click on the cmd entry and select run as administrator) in the black box that opens, copy/paste sfc /scannow. If you decide to type it, notice the space between the sfc and the /. It is a system file checker which will scan your system files and attempt to correct any missing or corrupt files. What we want are the results to say windows found no integrity violations. If it says files were found but could not be repaired, close the box, reboot and run it again, after opening the administrative command prompt. You may have to reboot and run it three times for it to repair all system files. If it can't repair them after 3 reboots, let us know.

Lewt us know how those tests come out and if you notice any improvements after doing the above.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/369398-bsod-caused-hal-dll-error-0x00000124.html
Relevancy 76.54%

Hi Wondering having too much BlueScreen at my Windows After Installing the New OS Past about Week a Ago I must add this statement which i even have BSOD during watiching Youtube forExample No Heavy Process The Common Reason watching BlueScreenView is Hal dll and ntoskrnl exe x As i searched about these days it caused by drivers mostly but i do have most updated drivers Run the Intel Update Program Noting is needed to Update Now im posting this there is just a SM Bus Drivers Listed warning 0x00000124 BSOD [ntoskrnl.exe] [hal.dll] in Device Manager outdated but i did update that before but when i Did a Restore Point BSOD 0x00000124 [hal.dll] [ntoskrnl.exe] again Gone on a Warning Section Also Some Drivers Are OutDated Like The Picture Below I will Update them all Specification MainBoard Asus z - Deluxe VGA MB ATI AMD Radeon HD Series Sapphire PCPartner RAM GB Dual-Channel DDR MHz CPU Intel Core i K GHz OS Windows Pro -bit In Searches i had it came a common problem in asusz and intel isnt The LOG is Uploaded and Attached thanks for Response hope it will be Ok

A:BSOD 0x00000124 [hal.dll] [ntoskrnl.exe]

Code:
7: kd> .bugcheck
Bugcheck code 0000009F
Arguments 00000000`00000003 ffffe001`2639b470 ffffd000`c6daa960 ffffe001`28470bc0

7: kd> !devstack ffffe0012639b470
!DevObj !DrvObj !DevExt ObjectName
ffffe00128c2f050 \Driver\pctNdisMP ffffe00128c2f1a0 InfoMask field not found for _OBJECT_HEADER at ffffe00128c2f020

> ffffe0012639b470 \Driver\PnpManager 00000000 Cannot read info offset from nt!ObpInfoMaskToOffset

!DevNode ffffe0012639a010 :
DeviceInst is "ROOT\S4E_PCTNDISMP\0005"
ServiceName is "pctNdisMP"

7: kd> lmvm pctNdis64
start end module name
fffff801`18c00000 fffff801`18c16000 pctNdis64 T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: pctNdis64.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\pctNdis64.sys
Image name: pctNdis64.sys
Timestamp: Wed Jul 07 22:37:30 2010 (4C34F39A)
CheckSum: 0001D422
ImageSize: 00016000

Your PC Tools internet security driver is almost 5 years old, bound to cause problems.
I suggest you remove the internet security package altogether.

Code:
Descriptor @ ffffe000be7f2138
Section @ ffffe000be7f22c0

Error : DCACHEL0_WR_ERR (Proc 3 Bank 1)
Address : 0x00000001a8cb2a00
Misc. : 0x0000000000000086

+0x000 McaErrorCode : 0x124 // 0000 0001 0010 0100

A generic write error on the level 0 cache of processor #3, memory bank 1.
This is consistent in this specific memory bank, menaing it's almost certainly a failing CPU.
If it's under warranty then now is the time to RMA it.

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/62500-bsod-0x00000124-hal-dll-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 76.54%

I've been getting BSOD very consistently over the past few days. I've attached my SF Diagnostic Tool ZIP. According to BlueScreenView, these are the culprits that are reported for the crash:

hal.dll+12a3b
ntoskrnl.exe+18cb03

I can't seem to find any consistency to when it crashes. Sometimes it does it while I'm working on things (Outlook, Chrome, EditPlus, Excel, etc.). Sometimes it does it when I'm not even at the computer. It does seem to be getting more frequent though.

I don't overclock.
I haven't changed any hardware for about a year now.
I'm currently in the process of making sure all my drivers are up to date.

Please let me know if there is anything else I can supply to help figure this out.

Thanks in advance for all of your help.

A:BSOD 0x00000124 Not sure of cause. hal.dll, ntoskrnl.exe

A "stop 0x124" is fundamentally different to many other types of bluescreens because it stems from a hardware complaint. Stop 0x124 minidumps contain very little practical information, and it is therefore necessary to approach the problem as a case of hardware in an unknown state of distress. You can read more on this error and what to try here... Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try: Stop 124 - What it means and what to try

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/308996-bsod-0x00000124-not-sure-cause-hal-dll-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Just upgraded my CPU from a phenom to FX and when i run prime I get BSOD with error x in less then minutes I cleared CMOS before putting in new CPU updated bios Fresh windows install and updated all drivers Once that was done I just felt like running a stability test with no overclock and it BSOD Researched running with prime95 error BSOD caused 0x00000124 hal.dll error and did diagnostic run on hard drive and it BSOD running prime95 with error 0x00000124 caused hal.dll passed with Western Digital tool Ran Memtest for six passes and it passed with no errors I re-seated CPU tried again and same BSOD I took CPU back and exchanged for new one thinking it was BSOD running prime95 with error 0x00000124 caused hal.dll the CPU Got home put in the new exchanged CPU and still get BSOD I am lost Please Help Is it my motherboard I monitored temps when running prime and it never got over degrees Celsius before BSOD Cooling CPU with Corsair H i Gt I have attached the mini dump files Please help Also have a thermaltake W PSU

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/390209-bsod-running-prime95-error-0x00000124-caused-hal-dll.html
Relevancy 75.68%

Hi,

My ASUS laptop (i5-450M, 4GB, NVIDIA Geforce 310m) has several DSOD (0x00000124) daily
Please help me to determine the cuase of this crash.

Thank you

ssamnang

A:BSOD 0x00000124 cause by ntoskrnl.exe+80640

Code:
BugCheck 124, {0, fffffa8005153028, ba000000, 400405}

Probably caused by : GenuineIntel

Code:
Usual causes: Hardware, Incompatibility, May be driver corruption

Code:
Section 2 : x86/x64 MCA
Descriptor @ fffffa8005153138
Section @ fffffa80051532c0

Error : Internal unclassified (Proc 0 Bank 5)
The first parameter or argument has the value of 0x0, which is a Machine Check Exception, which means the CPU has detected a hardware problem and the address points to a processor error because the CPU has found one, so it could be a different form of hardware which is causing the issue.

Update:

Code:
0: kd> lmvm igdkmd64
start end module name
fffff880`04846000 fffff880`05269040 igdkmd64 T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: igdkmd64.sys
Image path: igdkmd64.sys
Image name: igdkmd64.sys
Timestamp: Thu Oct 13 20:05:43 2011 (4E973687)
CheckSum: 00A2C5BD
ImageSize: 00A23040
Your Intel graphics card driver seems to be a possible cause, please check for updates from here - Intel? Driver Update Utility

Furthermore, since a Stop 0x124 is a hardware related BSOD, then I would suggest testing the CPU CPU - Stress Test Using IntelBurnTest I'm sure the Intel graphics card is either integrated into the CPU or the motherboard.
All the hardware seeming to be running stable and tests reporting no errors, could mean a bad motherboard.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Side Notes:

These steps are not strictly related to the BSOD, but are highly recommended steps to improve your system.

Install and perform full scans with:Malwarebytes : Free anti-malware download
Microsoft Security Essentials | Protect against viruses, spyware, and other malware

Information
Remember to install the free version of Malwarebytes not the free trail; untick the free trial box during installation. MSE is the most lightweight and compatible with the Windows 7 operating system

You can also view this thread for a complete free and lightweight security protection combination:Good and Free system security combination.
You appear to have only 26 Windows Updates installed, whereas, I have 205 Windows Updates, please install all the Important and Recommended Windows Updates for your system. These will bring many stability and performance improvements to the operating system, but most importantly will also improve the security of your system.Start
Type: Windows Update
Check for Updates/Install Updates
Reboot (if prompted)

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/294065-bsod-0x00000124-cause-ntoskrnl-exe-80640-a.html
Relevancy 75.68%

So i got this bsod when playing. Had this same issues many times when installed OS and thought it is driver issue or something. Reinstalled OS and had bsod again.
New hardware is cpu what i installed, never had bsod on old prosessor

Did check temps with Coretemp while playing and didnt get even over 50?.

Did run memtest last night with 5 passes without errors and Furmark for GPU with 75? max.
Any compatibility issues or something with new cpu with Memory or something. Please help

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/388688-bsod-when-playing-0x00000124-hal-dll-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 75.68%

Just today when I got home from work and turned on my PC it started freezing just this morning it was working fine ive had random restarts before but rarely like maybe once or twice a month This problem BSOD 0x00000124 error ntoskrnl.exe, first started out by just freezing can't move mouse or anything holding power button don't work either so have to shut the power switch It now seems to either BSOD or freeze whenever I boot normally and sometimes the BSOD doesnt even make a dmp I either freeze BSOD ntoskrnl.exe, error 0x00000124 BSOD on the welcome screen or after a few min when the desktop comes up Safe mode works fine though as I am also in it now to post this and I have tried system restore to no avail I've tried testing my RAM sticks by moving them to different slots and testing one at a time and still same problem persists One forum mentioned video drivers so i uninstalled mine and still nothing I went to try windows repair but i get some error message saying the utility doesn't match my version not sure why as its the same disc I used to install with I would normally just re-format and install but a few forums mention that not working so I got a little more worried and am now coming to here to see what you guys think I BSOD ntoskrnl.exe, error 0x00000124 read initial post and ran the file collection app and have the zip uploaded One note though the system health report would not work just gave me an error screen maybe because im in safe mode but like I said can't leave it or I will freeze My basic system specs are below thanks for taking the time to read this and hope you can solve it Windows Pro bit got it from my computer courses in college as we part of some partnership with microsoft GB RAM x GB sticks AMD FX -core CPU GHz Nvidia GTX Ti ASUS Sabertooth MB This rig I built in March and ran fine until today Windows I had for over a year same disc just reinstalled

A:BSOD ntoskrnl.exe, error 0x00000124

It does not appear you let the jcgriff2 utility run to completion. It sometimes appears it is not doing anything when it actually is, so do not stop it. Go get a cup of coffee or a meal while you wait.

Analysis:BugCheck 0x124
You have a 0x124 hardware bugcheck. If the system is still under warranty, I would recommend sending it in to have diagnostic tests done and any bad hardware replaced.

Warning
Before you proceed with the following, answer these two questions: Are you still under warranty? Does your warranty allow you to open up the machine to check hardware? If you are unsure of the answers to these questions, contact your system manufacturer. WARNING: The steps that follow can void your warranty!!!

For your hardware stop 0x124 crash, read through Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try and use the following hardware checks to supplement that link.
If you are overclocking any hardware, please stop.

If you have an SSD, make sure the following are up to date:SSD firmware
BIOS Version
Chipset Drivers
Hard disk controller drivers/SATA drivers
If you have a Marvell IDE ATA/ATAPI device, make sure the drivers are up to date from the Intel site or Marvell site and not from your motherboard/vendor support site.

Run all but the advanced tests with SeaTools for HDDs.SeaTools for Windows

SeaTools for DOS
Monitor temperatures during the following tests. Use the following programs to monitor the temperatures. Real Temp is a good CPU temperature monitor.
Speccy - System Information - Free Download will monitor all hardware temperatures.
HWiNFO, HWiNFO32 & HWiNFO64 - Hardware Information and Analysis Tools can be inaccurate for CPU temperatures, but is a good program for GPU temperature monitoring.
Use FurMark: VGA Stress Test, Graphics Card and GPU Stability Test, Burn-in Test, OpenGL Benchmark and GPU Temperature | oZone3D.Net to test the graphics card GPU. Let it run until the GPU temperatures even out or until the GPU temperatures reach a dangerous level (you can find the max temperature for your card on either the nVidia or AMD sites; if you are not sure, ask us). The goal is to get a steady temperature, find out if the GPU is overheating, or to see if there are any artifacts present in the test itself: look for strange pixelated patterns on the screen or colors that do not look like they belong. Then use the |MG| Video Memory Stress Test 1.7.116 Download to test your graphics card memory. Let the memory test run for at least seven passes; the more the better.

Run Hardware - Stress Test With Prime95 to determine any hardware problems. Run all three tests for a few hours each. If you get errors, stop the test and post back here.

Follow the steps for doing CPU stress test using IntelBurnTest

Run the boot version of Memtest86+ paying close attention to Parts 2 and 3 of the tutorial. Also, in case Memtest86+ misses anything and comes up with no errors, run the extended version of the Windows Memory Diagnostics Tool for at least five passes. These you may want to run overnight since they take a long time to complete (run them an hour before bed each of the next two nights and check before going to sleep that they are still running).

For Part 3: If You Have Errors: If you swap any memory components, follow these steps for ESD safety:Shut down and turn off your computer.
Unplug all power supplies to the computer (AC Power then battery for laptops, AC power for desktops)
Hold down the power button for 30 seconds to close the circuit and ensure all power drains from components.
Make sure you are grounded by using proper grounding techniques, i.e. work on an anti-static workbench, anti-static desk, or an anti-static pad. Hold something metallic while touching it to the anti-static surface, or use an anti-static wristband to attach to the anti-static material while working. If you do not have an anti-static workbench, desk, or pad, you can use your computer tower/case by finding a metal hold in it, su... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/239783-bsod-ntoskrnl-exe-error-0x00000124.html
Relevancy 75.68%

hi,
(SkyStar 2 USB HD CI) I get the blue screen error when I am running my TV card.(windows 8.1 Pro)
it works properly in windows 7

Dump File : 121814-7625-01.dmp
Crash Time : 18.12.2014 18:10:10
Bug Check String :
Bug Check Code : 0x00000139
Parameter 1 : 00000000`00000003
Parameter 2 : ffffd000`3749b770
Parameter 3 : ffffd000`3749b6c8
Parameter 4 : 00000000`00000000
Caused By Driver : ntoskrnl.exe
Caused By Address : ntoskrnl.exe+150aa0
File Description : NT Kernel & System
Product Name : Microsoft? Windows? Operating System
Company : Microsoft Corporation
File Version : 6.3.9600.17476 (winblue_r5.141029-1500)
Processor : x64
Crash Address : ntoskrnl.exe+150aa0
Stack Address 1 :
Stack Address 2 :
Stack Address 3 :
Computer Name :
Full Path : C:\Windows\Minidump\121814-7625-01.dmp
Processors Count : 8
Major Version : 15
Minor Version : 9600
Dump File Size : 185.267
Dump File Time : 18.12.2014 18:10:39

Attachment 55529

A:Caused By Driver : ntoskrnl.exe

Remove Asus bloatware from your system and update the rest of the drivers in red, uninstall Daemon Tools and then download a sptd remover.

Code:
LGVirHid.sys Tue Nov 24 02:36:48 2009 (4B0B38B0)
Logitech Gamepanel Virtual HID Device Driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=LGVirHid.sys

LGBusEnum.sys Tue Nov 24 02:36:48 2009 (4B0B38B0)
Logitech Keyboard
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=LGBusEnum.sys

AzureWaveUsbHid.sys Fri Jan 22 06:14:17 2010 (4B593429)

AzureWaveUsbHid.sys - this driver hasn't been added to the DRT as of this run. Please search Google/Bing for the driver if additional information is needed.

AsUpIO.sys Tue Aug 3 04:47:59 2010 (4C57835F)
ASUS hardware monitoring software related
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=AsUpIO.sys

AzureWaveUsbBda.sys Fri Aug 20 12:32:20 2010 (4C6E59B4)

AzureWaveUsbBda.sys - this driver hasn't been added to the DRT as of this run. Please search Google/Bing for the driver if additional information is needed.

ASUSFILTER.sys Tue Sep 20 17:46:33 2011 (4E78B559)
ASUS USB Hub filter driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=ASUSFILTER.sys

AiChargerPlus.sys Thu Apr 19 03:17:35 2012 (4F8F67AF)
Asus Charger Driver [br] Likely BSOD cause - haven't seen recently (15Jan2013)
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=AiChargerPlus.sys

AsIO.sys Wed Aug 22 11:54:47 2012 (5034AC67)
Asus PCProbe Utility
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=AsIO.sys

asmtufdriver.sys Fri Sep 28 12:55:29 2012 (50658221)
ASMedia Technology ASMFUD-Win32 - 107x Upper Filter Driver Most likely an ASMedia USB 3.0 controller drivers
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=asmtufdriver.sys

sthid.sys Tue Feb 19 06:34:44 2013 (51230EF4)
Splashtop HID mini driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=sthid.sys

IOMap64.sys Tue Jul 2 10:27:47 2013 (51D28F03)
ASUS Kernel Mode Driver ?Asus Smart Doctor/iTracker 2 Asus GPU Tweak and GPU Tweak Streaming from this link: BSOD after sleep, restarts, driver_power_state_failure )
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=IOMap64.sys

xrusbser.sys Mon Aug 19 08:28:08 2013 (5211BAF8)

xrusbser.sys - this driver hasn't been added to the DRT as of this run. Please search Google/Bing for the driver if additional information is needed.

intelppm.sys Thu Aug 22 10:46:35 2013 (5215CFEB)
Intel Processor driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=intelppm.sys

bcbtums.sys Thu Oct 17 22:45:30 2013 (52604C6A)
Broadcom Bluetooth Firmware Download Filter driver from Broadcom Corporation.
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=bcbtums.sys

sptd.sys Thu Oct 31 16:26:53 2013 (527276BD)
SCSI Pass Through Direct Host - Daemon Tools (known BSOD issues with Win7)
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=sptd.sys

iqvw64e.sys Thu Nov 14 16:22:43 2013 (5284EAC3)

iqvw64e.sys - this driver hasn't been added to the DRT as of this run. Please search Google/Bing for the driver if additional information is needed.

btwavdt.sys Wed Dec 11 04:28:47 2013 (52A7DBEF)
Broadcom Bluetooth AVDT Service
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=btwavdt.sys

btwaudio.sys Thu Jan 30 20:11:22 2014 (52EAA3DA)
Broadcom Bluetooth Audio Device
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=btwaudio.sys

btwampfl.sys Thu Jan 30 20:12:31 2014 (52EAA41F)
Broadcom bluetooth driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=btwampfl.sys

LHidEqd.Sys Wed Mar 19 01:20:53 2014 (5328E2E5)
Logitech SetPoint Unifying KMDF HID Filter
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=LHidEqd.Sys

LEqdUsb.Sys Wed Mar 19 01:20:55 2014 (5328E2E7)
Logitech SetPoint Unifying KMDF USB Filter
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=LEqdUsb.Sys

LMouFilt.Sys Wed Mar 19 01:21:03 2014 (5328E2EF)
Logitech SetPoint HID Filter Driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=LMouFilt.Sys

LHidFilt.Sys Wed Mar 19 01:21:03 2014 (5328E2EF)
Logitech SetPoin... Read more

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/58877-caused-driver-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 75.68%

Hi My computer runs for all Event 1000, log 1001+2, Including ID's 11, event 80, etc... swarm! practical purposes I guess Event log swarm! Including event ID's 1000, 80, 11, 1001+2, etc... but I can certainly feel that there is good reason for all event log errors while working on my windows For example the blue screen Event log swarm! Including event ID's 1000, 80, 11, 1001+2, etc... of death appears once every - months or earlier today the computer just started getting really slow given my GB memory this raaarely happens or quot windows explorer quot would randomly crash however when this does happen it usually happens just once during a session then it restarts and it's fine so it's Event log swarm! Including event ID's 1000, 80, 11, 1001+2, etc... not preventing me from using my computer it's just something's wrong and it shouldn't be and I want to fix it I have rows and columns of event log errors such as event ID event ID and much more but since addressing all of them at once will probably invade the entire forum I prefer to address them perhaps in little bundles so I don't annoy the experts and exploit the resources Also I have a feeling that once I start fixing some of them many others will disappear automatically I'm sorry if my post is a bit vague but this is my first time here so please be patient with me and just tell me whatever information you need from me to narrow things down and I will do that I have provided a link to a few of my event logs to OneDrive which I appropriately labeled to make it easier to distinguish which one is which http drv ms mlhJJ Thank you so much in advance

A:Event log swarm! Including event ID's 1000, 80, 11, 1001+2, etc...

Hello and welcome Allen mate just to try a few rather obvious bits and pieces and to start eliminating stuff run these the first two in safe mode if you have to then the malwares as long as the machine keeps running.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/1538-sfc-scannow-command-system-file-checker.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/433-disk-check.html < use the /f and /r options in Option2 if necessary

http://www.superantispyware.com/

http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/adwcleaner/

download from bleeping computer ? delete any rubbishthese find.

I must say it is refreshing to find that a member has included the system specs for a change - well done!

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/349907-event-log-swarm-including-event-ids-1000-80-11-1001-2-etc.html
Relevancy 75.68%

Hi all,

I'm having an issue with an Events 1001 and/or 902 crash when I run GTA V it occurs at random times, and without warning. I've reset Windows 10 Pro, uninstalled and reinstalled the game but I keep getting the crashes. Windows 10 Pro should be up to date, I have my doubts about my mouse as the manufacturer hasn't released updated drivers in some time, and the rest of my peripherals/utilities should be up to date. Thanks in advance

A:Event 1001 and Event 902 at Random times while running GTA V

Hi,

Try updating your network driver (iqvw64e.sys) here: -

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/51391-event-1001-event-902-random-times-while-running-gta-v.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Three months ago I had an issue with BSODs but they went away I'm a gamer and had no BSODS while playing many games Recently I've been playing the Hunter Red Orchestra F and the Battlefield beta I played for many hours without any issues then ntoskrnl.exe+7cc40 Sudden 0x00000124, BSOD, all of a sudden on the nd of this month had a BSOD while playing Battlefield Keep in mind I had played around hours of Battlefield over the previous days without a hitch so it's not like I was casually playing games And before that I played Red Orchestra for many hours no problems I played a few hours after my computer had restarted without issues The next day on the rd I played in the morning and sure enough minutes into playing I got another BSOD Sudden BSOD, 0x00000124, ntoskrnl.exe+7cc40 then another later in the day playing the Hunter a hunting game Each of these three BSODS gave the same error message Technical Information STOP x x xfffffa d c x b x ntoskrnl exe - Address xfffff c base at xfffff DateStamp x e aaa I have no idea what would have caused this I haven't installed anything new recently hardware or software wise besides those games I had installed new nvidia video drivers for my video card on the th thinking it was that I uninstalled them and installed the prior drivers that gave me no issues in the past The last BSOD occurred while using the older drivers so I don't think it's that I've been stable for over months without issues I'm going to try downclocking my cpu ram to see if that helps but I was stable before that Any idea what the cause is I attached my minidump files to this posting Thanks for trying to help

A:Sudden BSOD, 0x00000124, ntoskrnl.exe+7cc40

Hello Efstratios

* Please remove any CD visualization programs such as Daemon Tools and Alcohol 120%.

They use a driver, found in your dmp, called sptd.sys, that is notorious for causing BSODs.

Use this SPTD uninstaller DuplexSecure - Downloads DuplexSecure - FAQ

When you're done you can use this Freeware MagicISO Virtual CD/DVD-ROM(MagicDisc) in its place.
* Your Norton/Symantec. This is a known cause of BSOD's.
Remove and replace with Microsoft Security Essentials.

http://us.norton.com/support/kb/web_...080710133834EN

Virus, Spyware & Malware Protection | Microsoft Security Essentials

* Old drivers

Code:
ctgame.sys 4/7/2004 11:42:49 AM fffff880`054eb000 33f9f7f6`054efc80 0x33f9ff7600004c80 0x40734e89
RTCore64.sys 5/25/2005 5:39:12 PM fffff880`089f4000 fffff880`089fa000 0x00006000 0x42941d90
secdrv.SYS 9/14/2006 12:18:38 AM fffff880`08115000 fffff880`08120000 0x0000b000 0x4508052e
COMMONFX.DLL 4/10/2007 12:08:38 AM fffff880`0674c000 fffff880`06777000 0x0002b000 0x461a3ad6
CTAUDFX.DLL 4/10/2007 12:08:39 AM fffff880`06f51000 fffff080`07000000 0xfffff800000af000 0x461a3ad7
CTSBLFX.DLL 4/10/2007 12:08:42 AM fffff880`06ea6000 fffff880`06f51000 0x000ab000 0x461a3ada
Rtnic64.sys 3/31/2008 4:39:38 PM fffff880`05263000 fffff300`05277000 0xfffffa8000014000 0x47f0791a
000.fcl 9/27/2008 12:11:22 AM fffff880`08163000 fffff880`0818e000 0x0002b000 0x48dcdf7a
adfs.SYS 11/4/2008 3:48:14 AM fffff880`07c00000 fffff300`07c18000 0xfffffa8000018000 0x490f2b4e
gdrv.sys 3/13/2009 2:22:29 PM fffff880`089de000 fffff880`089e7000 0x00009000 0x49b9d175
ALSysIO64.sys 4/20/2009 6:41:04 AM fffff880`08df8000 fffff300`08e00000 0xfffffa8000008000 0x49eb7e50
spldr.sys 5/12/2009 3:56:27 AM fffff880`02141000 fffff880`02149000 0x00008000 0x4a0858bb
lirsgt.sys 5/18/2009 12:06:57 AM fffff880`08062000 fffff880`0806f000 0x0000d000 0x4a100bf1
atksgt.sys 5/18/2009 12:36:34 AM fffff880`0800a000 fffff880`08059000 0x0004f000 0x4a1012e2
GEARAspiWDM.sys 5/18/2009 11:17:04 PM fffff880`05256000 fffff300`05263000 0xfffffa800000d000 0x4a1151c0
LHidFilt.Sys 6/18/2009 3:49:39 AM fffff880`075b7000 fffff880`075ca000 0x00013000 0x4a391ea3
LMouFilt.Sys 6/18/2009 3:49:43 AM fffff880`075d7000 fffff880`075eb000 0x00014000 0x4a391ea7
LUsbFilt.Sys 6/18/2009 3:49:46 AM fffff880`07577000 01fff880`07587000 0x0200000000010000 0x4a391eaa
How To Find Drivers:

Quote:
- search Google for the name of the driver
- compare the Google results with what's installed on your system to figure out which device/program it belongs to
- visit the web site of the manufacturer of the hardware/program to get the latest drivers (DON'T use Windows Update or the Update driver function of Device Manager).
- if there are difficulties in locating them, post back with questions and someone will try and help you locate the appropriate program.

- - The most common drivers are listed on this page: Driver Reference Driver Reference
- - Driver manufacturer links are on this page: Drivers and Downloads

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/189971-sudden-bsod-0x00000124-ntoskrnl-exe-7cc40.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Earlier I was Using Windows 7 ultimate X64bit. I had no problem at all. Recently I bought windows 8 pro.
Now I am getting this BSOD ERROR 0x00000124(ntoskrnl.exe+52a489).
No matter what I do .I keep getting this error. i enabled verifier. I Did Scannow through CMD. I cleaned my registry. Even I installed several fresh installation of windows. But No Hope. I Read tons of solution on net but nothing seems to be working. Now my pc is shutting down after 10 or 15 minutes regularly .and every time SAME error. I thought it was my BIOS therefore I revert back to older version(on which I never faced any problem using windows 7). I also installed Windows 7 again but No Hope again. This Rate I'll damage something on my computer. I can't do anything because of this BSOD error.
I am enclosing everything as per forum Rule.
Please Help me. I am in real trouble.

A:BSOD ERROR 0x00000124(ntoskrnl.exe+52a489)

Please some look after it. My pc is crashing after regular events. Is there any other information which I can provide so that you guys can make better explanation that what is going on with my computer.

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/13521-bsod-error-0x00000124-ntoskrnl-exe-52a489.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Game crashes during gameplay (most notably The Old Republic) but also in other situations (Photoshop CS4 plugin HDR Effex Pro).

Windows 7 64 bit Ultimate
Asus Formula Crosshair IV MB
16GB Corsair DDR3 1333 GHz
580 GTX nVidia
160GB SSD
2 TB WD HD
Corsair GS800 power supply

I've been having this issue with various games, with varying frequency. Batman Arkham Asylum, Skyrim, Mass Effect, and most notably The Old Republic. ToR crashed multiple times today (see minidump attachment.) Also, using Nik Effex HDR Effex Pro (a CS4 plugin) has elicited this BSOD.

Any comments and suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Alendi

A:BSOD: 0x00000124; ntoskrnl.exe+4b16cc - during gaming, mostly

Hi.
You have the Stop 0x124 error.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/205108-bsod-0x00000124-ntoskrnl-exe-4b16cc-during-gaming-mostly.html
Relevancy 74.82%

I'am getting frequent BSOD's at all times. I have an Anienware, Area 51 7500-RS. Windows 7 Professional,SP1, 64-bit,Intel Core2,[email protected] ram
Dump File         : 120614-24476-01.dmp
Crash Time        : 12/6/2014 2:13:17 AM
Bug Check String  : IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Bug Check Code    : 0x0000000a
Parameter 1       : 00000001`000001ec
Parameter 2       : 00000000`00000002
Parameter 3       : 00000000`00000001
Parameter 4       : fffff800`02b1d1de
Caused By Driver  : ntoskrnl.exe
Caused By Address : ntoskrnl.exe+7fd00
File Description  : NT Kernel & System
Product Name      : Microsoft® Windows® Operating System
Company           : Microsoft Corporation
File Version      : 6.1.7601.17592 (win7sp1_gdr.110408-1631)
Processor         : x64
Crash Address     : ntoskrnl.exe+7fd00
Stack Address 1   :
Stack Address 2   :
Stack Address 3   :
Computer Name     :
Full Path         : C:\Windows\Minidump\120614-24476-01.dmp
Processors Count  : 2
Major Version     : 15
Minor Version     : 7601
Dump File Size    : 288,992
Dump File Time    : 12/6/2014 2:14:27 AM
==================================================
Online investigations told me my memory(ram) was failing or leaking. What say you?

A:Bluescreen caused driver ntoskrnl.exe

iI had this problem a while back, and i tried all kinds of things to get rid of it ,thing is i forgot which one worked..lol..if your having a kernel ntoskrl.exe error.,its usually caused by a memmory leak,theres not much info on this last time i looked,but some things to look for are is a  AMD64netfx  file and a microsoft 64 bit  file may be conflicting, a tune up cleaner ,glary util 5 actually found the problem and tossed the amd64 in the recycle bin..but im not sure that fixed it.

i think the way i repaired it was i went into system setup and changed from a full memmory dump to a small dump .....bsod s can be repaired most of the time through a bios as well , try a
default setting in your bios,sometimes a setting gets changed by mistake. check your ram settings and cpu settings or try a lower cpu setting , sometimes one cpu gets the whole load and is over working...thats what gives a  nt kernel error..check your cpu temperature and fan.

last but not least apparently the reason my AMD64netfx  got tossed was sometimes something or someone replaced the ntoskrnl.exe with a fake  ntfsokrnl.exe check  in your  win system 32 its not supposed to be there if i remember correctly.or a conflicting netframework or visual studios..usually  the 2008 versions have a bug.

anyways dont remove anything unless you 100% sure..i remember now i think i uninstalled a program that was crashing and kept getting errors so i did a system restore to the point before i had problems and also set the paging file and swap file to 8000 the computer wouldnt accept anything below 7700 the auto adjust was at 4700..

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/559827/bluescreen-caused-driver-ntoskrnlexe/
Relevancy 73.96%

Been getting infrequent BSOD errors on my Windows 10 PC (Home edition).

I had a look on BlueScreenView, seems like a lot of the bugcheck BSOD is ntoskrnl related but I can't work out if it's hardware related or some bad driver somewhere.
The computer is 9 months old, custom built gaming PC.Temperatures are low <60C at load, <30C at idle (waterblock cooling on CPU)System is stable when gaming, a lot of the BSOD is happening at idle. (I leave my PC running all the time)The OS was upgraded from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 in late 2015.System felt more stable under Windows 8.1, not really experienced many BSOD under Win8.1I have tested the memory with 10 successful passes (12 hrs).Have run DirectX diagnostics and cyclic Heaven/Valley benchmarks - no crash.

A:Random BSOD (Windows 10) ntoskrnl/0x00000124 bugcheck

Sorry, zip file attached with the diagnostics from DM Log Collector

UNSC-CORTANA-Thu_04_28_2016_180201_69.zip

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/48609-random-bsod-windows-10-ntoskrnl-0x00000124-bugcheck.html
Relevancy 73.96%

Hello everyone, I am new to this forum .
For some weeks I switched to Windows 10 , and ever since I installed it gives me constant BSOD , I have not done any overclocking on the CPU . I tried several diagnostic programs , memtest , fun mark and I could not understand what the problem is , I just can not figure out what it is due , I am attaching the dmp file.
Thank you in advance for your answers and , looking forward .
Goodbye and have a nice day!!

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/49792-windows-10-frequently-bsod-hal-dll-ntoskrnl-exe-stop-0x00000124.html
Relevancy 73.96%

So I have a problem with this error.

I updated all drivers
Also updated motheboard.
I tested memory with memtest- no errors
Tested hard drive with many programs and no errors or problems.

Do not know what to do. most commonly get this problem when playing games.
But my video drivers are updated with latest updates. CPU temperature and VGA is normal.

OS Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
Motherboard ASRock P5B-DE
CPU Type QuadCore Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, 2400 MHz
VGA ATI Radeon HD 4890 (RV790)
Disk Drive SAMSUNG HD403LJ ATA Device (400 GB, 7200 RPM, SATA-II)
Memory Patriot Memory 4 GB DDR2-667 SDRAM

attaching - system health report,Windows_NT6_BSOD_v3.03, and dump file.

Please help to solve this problem.
Thank you

A:BSOD 0x00000124 error (hal.dll+5ba9 and ntoskrnl.exe+c4085)

You are getting a error that is exclusively linked to bad hardware or a improper overclock.
There really isn't a whole lot of other things that produce the error you are getting.

Code:
Probably caused by : hardware

---------

* Bugcheck Analysis *

Arguments:
Arg1: 00000000, Machine Check Exception
Arg2: 863d5024, Address of the WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure.
Arg3: 00000000, High order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.
Arg4: 00000000, Low order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.

Debugging Details:
------------------
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x124_GenuineIntel

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT

STACK_TEXT:
80eb3cc4 8290b085 863d5008 829a5c08 829a5c00 nt!WheapCreateTriageDumpFromPreviousSession+0x32
80eb3ce4 8290beaf 829a5c00 863d5008 829a5c30 nt!WheapProcessWorkQueueItem+0x56
80eb3d00 828a2153 829a5c00 00000000 85173798 nt!WheapWorkQueueWorkerRoutine+0x1f
80eb3d50 82a2f46a 00000001 a86a2daf 00000000 nt!ExpWorkerThread+0x10d
80eb3d90 828d0979 828a2046 00000001 00000000 nt!PspSystemThreadStartup+0x9e
00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 nt!KiThreadStartup+0x19
STACK_COMMAND: kb

FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: hardware

IMAGE_NAME: hardware

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 0

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x124_GenuineIntel_PROCESSOR_BUS_PRV

BUCKET_ID: 0x124_GenuineIntel_PROCESSOR_BUS_PRV

---------

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/187966-bsod-0x00000124-error-hal-dll-5ba9-ntoskrnl-exe-c4085.html
Relevancy 73.96%

I'm having this BSOD since months ago and I can't find a good solution Sometimes I can use my computer for over 0x00000124 8.1 Windows ntoskrnl.exe BC Random Code BSOD a month with no issues playing everyday for hours browsing the web etc But sometimes like today I get BSOD's on the same day playing for example Final Fantasy XIV ARR I tried Random BSOD BC Code 0x00000124 ntoskrnl.exe Windows 8.1 many things before like Memtest Cpu test etc and I can't understand if my Hardware is the problem or some driver I also have an after market Cpu Cooler so my temps are fine and my case has really good ventilation I uploaded this dumps a few days ago after I used Driver Veryfier I got a C BC Code error on those Minidumps and the problem was nroskrnl exe Only with Driver Veryfier I'm able to reproduce this BSOD is always random when I'm just using my computer I uploaded those dumps here https mega co nz F NlwYbT eaXDPO NYw z Mxt S Y I uploaded my latest dumps on this post using the SF Diagnostics Tool any advice would be much appreciated Edit with my specs Computer typePC DesktopComputer Manufacturer Model NumberCustom Build OSWindows bit CPUi k stock MotherboardGigabyte Z -D HP MemoryKingston HyperX GB DD Graphics Card s GTX GB Gigabyte Hard DrivesSeagate Barracuda RPM MB

A:Random BSOD BC Code 0x00000124 ntoskrnl.exe Windows 8.1

Uploaded my latest BSOD.. any advice will be much apreciated

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/47745-random-bsod-bc-code-0x00000124-ntoskrnl-exe-windows-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 73.96%

So I have a problem with this error.

I updated all drivers
Also updated motheboard.
I tested memory with memtest- no errors
Tested hard drive with many programs and no errors or problems.

Do not know what to do. most commonly get this problem when playing games.
But my video drivers are updated with latest updates. CPU temperature and VGA is normal.

OS Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
Motherboard ASRock P5B-DE
CPU Type QuadCore Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, 2400 MHz
VGA ATI Radeon HD 4890 (RV790)
Disk Drive SAMSUNG HD403LJ ATA Device (400 GB, 7200 RPM, SATA-II)
Memory Patriot Memory 4 GB DDR2-667 SDRAM

attaching - system health report,Windows_NT6_BSOD_v3.03, and dump file.

Please help to solve this problem.
Thank you

A:BSOD 0x00000124 error (hal.dll+5ba9 and ntoskrnl.exe+c4085)

How long did you run memtest86+? It should be at least 7 passes.

Though I doubt the memory is the case. All crashes show an issue regarding CPU's L0 internal bus. You may wanna run Prime95 for about 9+ hours. If it shows up errors, or crashes, you can bet you have an issue with your CPU. I'm not sure what temps you have on it that are 'normal', but they might be too high; don't forget that overclocking it will cause this issue as well. The consistency leads me to believe the CPU itself is just bad, as OCing or temp problems typically lead to erratic CPU probs, but it really depends. Best to check with Prime95 first.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-0x00000124-error-hal-dll-5ba9-and-ntoskrnl-exe-c4085-602013.html
Relevancy 73.96%

Hello sevenforums.
My PC has always given me trouble in the past by randomly restarting and getting BSODed. I used to "live with it" but over last 2-3 months it has gotten out of hand. My PC restarts at least 2-3 times per day. I always get 0x124 bug check code and so tested the processor with prime95 (for 2-3 hours) and ram with memtest86+(3 passes) but got clean results. I've attached the latest 10 minidumps. I'm at my wits end and REALLY dont want to reinstall windows! :O
Thanks in advance.
Edit: It does not even show a bsod but directly reboots.

A:Random frequent BSOD 0x124 / 0x00000124 ntoskrnl.exe?

Minidumps attached

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/273895-random-frequent-bsod-0x124-0x00000124-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 73.96%

Hi there I've spent a good hrs searching for a fix to my problem - including SevenForums - with no success I just purchased a Clevo P HM with i - XM processor and GTX graphics card It's an awesome system I went into event log and after noticing a few critical and error events I decided to fix the important ones I've done this - except for the Error - Event DHCP Client quot Your computer was not assigned an address from the network by the DHCP Server for the Network Card with network address x EB The following error occurred x Your computer will continue to try and obtain an address on its own from the network address DHCP 1001: Client DHCP Event Event Log server quot This is the most common of the events but others have network address' of x F and x A C all with the same error x Many people have thoughts on what's causing it so here's what I've done - Confirmed all my network drivers etc are all up to date - Followed and completed the full Windows help Event Log Event 1001: DHCP Client file on the topic - This includes pinging myself and the DNS address' to confirm responses - Completed a release and renewal of the ipconfig command on the DHCP lease - Disabled ipv in all network adaptors - Disabled ICS in all network Event Log Event 1001: DHCP Client display adaptors after restart checking services - Disabled enabled Bonjour to eliminate - Checked services of DNS auto DHC auto etc etc - Turned off Virgin Broadband on one restart to see if the error occured which it still did so I'm sure it's not that connection - A few other things I can't remember over hrs I thought it might be my Bluetooth network coming up in Network and Sharing Centre as 'Unidentified Network' or that it is a work network where my Virgin Broadband USB is on a home network in Network and Sharing Centre I cannot amend the Bluetooth 'Unidentified Network' name I also noted that my Bluetooth connection is coming up as an 'Internet connection' rather than a PAN but this could be because my iPhone has been discovered added and used as a tethering on the internet on occasion My bluetooth is a separate USB and not on my wifi card When I completed ipconfig all to check on this I noted that all have DHCP enabled except for Virtual Netork and Virgin Broadband I also noted that my Intel N Ultimate wifi card did not have the ipv address listed and did not have preferred next to it When I conducted the ipconfig renew command my N wifi card could not be included in this because it has not been connected to a network - I use my Virgin Broadband USB for internet at least until I trade this in for a prepaid wifi device Maybe completing the ipconfig renew command when I have a network connected to the N wifi card There are STACKS of users out there trying to fix this issue I believe most are not finding their answers and have probably tried everything I've listed as doing without success I'm hoping by displaying my efforts on this that we will get an answer hopefully that others can use to get rid of this error that pops up on every system boot many MANY thanks in advance for your help It is GREATLY appreciated

A:Event Log Event 1001: DHCP Client

I've had a problem with DHCP renew not working properly for months, not sure when it started. I've tried registry settings, new drivers, etc. Nothing has worked. Often I only lose my IP address for a second or less, but of course, this is enough for any open connection to drop.

After DHCP renew fails to the point of my connection being lost, some other DHCP mechanism kicks in which (almost) always works at once.

Right now, however, the problem seems to have gone away.

What I did was uninstall the driver from my network card (Realtek RTL8168D/8111D), again and again, until it was no longer possible to uninstall the remaining driver (Windows default I'm guessing).

Then, after some time, an optional update appeared in Windows Update. It was a network driver that was released by Microsoft on May 14, 2009.

After I installed this driver, DHCP renew has never failed.

I'm sorry if this gives you false hope in solving your issue (which perhaps is different), I just had to provide the one thing that actually worked for me. I know your frustration!

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/158233-event-log-event-1001-dhcp-client.html
Relevancy 73.96%

Crashes while using you tube.

Updated all drivers, thinking of updating BIOS.

Speedfan reading;

Temp 1: 39 c
Temp 2: 43 c
Temp 3: 84 c
HD0: 33 c
Core: 35 c

Attachment 311751

Attachment 311752

A:BSOD, error 0x00000124, Kernel-power event 41

It's obviously overclocked. I thought the system could handle windows 7. Recent upgrade from Xp.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/326485-bsod-error-0x00000124-kernel-power-event-41-a.html
Relevancy 73.96%

Hello. I have this error since win 7. I clean installed win 8.1 pro but the error continued. I also have bought brand new rams but still the same. Here is the dmp files. I strongly need help.
Thank you!

https://onedrive.live.com/redir?resid=F3991CDD2DE77E32!1359&authkey=!AGk12gqO7pyQwqo&ithint=file%2crar

A:REFERENCE_BY_POINTER error caused bt driver ntoskrnl.exe

This is the SS of dumps

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/580623/reference-by-pointer-error-caused-bt-driver-ntoskrnlexe/
Relevancy 73.1%

Hello everybody I just have this custom PC BSOD hal.dll+12a3b x64, error Windows 0x00000124 ntoskrnl.exe+748c0 for Home use I have used it around a month The PC had worked very good but weeks ago my wife had to use it for children's homework Just when she logged into her user account the BSOD appeared after around seconds the BSOD disappeared an the PC automatically restarted So she was into this loop until I told her to force shut down When I was home I ran Windows into Safe Mode and there everything was ok I thought it could BSOD Windows x64, error 0x00000124 hal.dll+12a3b ntoskrnl.exe+748c0 be a problem of RAM memory or maybe a faulty HDD I tested the RAM for about minutes and everything was ok tested the HDD with HD Sentinel software all the tests were perfect SMART indicators are also OK as expected of a nearly new HDD I think its a problem of drivers the PC has BSOD Windows x64, error 0x00000124 hal.dll+12a3b ntoskrnl.exe+748c0 a ZOGIS GT- Pci-Ex card but the mainboard Gygabyte B M-D V has its own Video Chip that is disabled on the BIOS Then I disabled the Pci-Ex and enabled the internal Video card but the result was the same BSOD Other peripherals used are a Genius USB Facecam and an EPSON L printer both are now BSOD Windows x64, error 0x00000124 hal.dll+12a3b ntoskrnl.exe+748c0 disconnected of the PC Please let me know what more can I do or how to test the drivers I will post any news here Thanks for your help in advance

A:BSOD Windows x64, error 0x00000124 hal.dll+12a3b ntoskrnl.exe+748c0

Basically a 0x00000124 is a hardware issue; but it may be caused by anything and everything associated with the computer.

The crash dumps provide very less information in the 0x00000124 dumps. And there is only one crash dump which is unfortunately having symbol error and so I failed to read it properly.

Anyway, a single BSOD may always be treated as a glitch. If the issue continues, let us see the further dumps ... if they provide any little more info there.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/374407-bsod-windows-x64-error-0x00000124-hal-dll-12a3b-ntoskrnl-exe-748c0.html
Relevancy 73.1%

So been having recurring Bluescreens for a long time. They went away after I reduced the overclock as they were usually hal.dll errors but now I am getting ntoskrnl.exe errors. Any help?

A:BSOD when playing games, error 0x00000124, ntoskrnl.exe+14dca0

Edit: Could it be my GPU because the Core Clock was 50Hz higher than default?

My CPU is also overclocked but shouldn't be the problem I think

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/328583-bsod-when-playing-games-error-0x00000124-ntoskrnl-exe-14dca0.html
Relevancy 73.1%

I keep getting a random BSOD, I get it a lot in Lightroom 3 but have gotten the same error doing nothing.

*** STOP: 0x00000124 (0x0000000000000000, 0xfffffa80053d5028, 0x00000000b2000040,
0x0000000000000800)
*** hal.dll - Address 0xfffff80002c15a3b base at 0xfffff80002c03000 DateStamp
0x4ce7c669

Minidump is attached

A:BSOD random error 0x00000124, hal.dll at address ntoskrnl.exe+7cc40

Windows 7
4 GB ram
Intel Q9450
Gigabit MB
Raptor HD

Full data is now attached

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/201400-bsod-random-error-0x00000124-hal-dll-address-ntoskrnl-exe-7cc40.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Hi, just registered on this site which seems awesome!

I'm having difficulties with a couple of bluescreens lately, and 3 of them (got 4 total) have been said to be caused by the ntoskrnl.exe driver. And I just recently reinstalled my whole computer. Had Vista before.

Motherboard: ASUS P5N-E SLI
Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce 8800 GTS
Memory: 3 GB DDR (I think)
CPU: Intel Quad Core Q6600

Dump file is attached.

Thanks in advance

A:BlueScreens caused by ntoskrnl.exe driver on Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Hi, Dayna; welcome to the forum. Please read these threads and post back. We will be glad to help you.

[1 - Novice] How to ask for help with a BSOD problem

http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/122889-bluescreens-caused-ntoskrnl-exe-driver-windows-7-ultimate-64-bit.html
Relevancy 72.67%

So it went a way for two weeks when error 0x00000124, (5logs) ntoskrnl.exe+153fa0 playing BSOD games, my blue screen errors and now reappearing again I've ran memtest prime and furmark and all passed Here is an analysis of one of the logs from OSR Online Analysis Code TRIAGER Could not open triage file e dump analysis program triage modclass ini error BUGCHECK STR x GenuineIntel CUSTOMER CRASH BSOD when playing games, error 0x00000124, ntoskrnl.exe+153fa0 (5logs) COUNT DEFAULT BUCKET ID WIN DRIVER FAULT PROCESS NAME chrome exe CURRENT BSOD when playing games, error 0x00000124, ntoskrnl.exe+153fa0 (5logs) IRQL f STACK TEXT ffffd e cf nt KeBugCheckEx STACK COMMAND kb FOLLOWUP NAME MachineOwner MODULE NAME GenuineIntel IMAGE NAME GenuineIntel DEBUG FLR IMAGE TIMESTAMP FAILURE BUCKET ID X x GenuineIntel PROCESSOR CACHE BUCKET ID X x GenuineIntel PROCESSOR CACHE Followup MachineOwner In all of the logs it refers to Genuine Intel so I'm guessing it's the CPU problem Any more help anyone can give It's overclocked but has been for weeks working fine and all of a sudden these issues BSOD when playing games, error 0x00000124, ntoskrnl.exe+153fa0 (5logs) started to arise Build Intel i - k Kingston Hyper X GB x GB Modules AMD R - x Asus Z -a Corsair TX v Samsung Pro Series GB SSD TB Western Digital Blue HDD OS is on SSD Any help

A:BSOD when playing games, error 0x00000124, ntoskrnl.exe+153fa0 (5logs)

Can no one help me?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/330615-bsod-when-playing-games-error-0x00000124-ntoskrnl-exe-153fa0-5logs.html
Relevancy 72.67%

I bought my computer last year Custom build Everything was working fine until January th this year I experienced my first BSOD on this machine I've tried rolling back graphics drivers which were the only ones BSOD Sparse Win7-64bit (hal.dll+12a3b, 0x00000124 ntoskrnl.exe+75bc0) I had installed recently and it didn't help because days later the same BSOD happened The next BSOD didn't happen for another month And recently this is my th one that I am attaching in the log compilation The other dmp's were Sparse BSOD 0x00000124 (hal.dll+12a3b, ntoskrnl.exe+75bc0) Win7-64bit erased by me Sparse BSOD 0x00000124 (hal.dll+12a3b, ntoskrnl.exe+75bc0) Win7-64bit by accident but they all said the same thing when I opened them in BlueScreenView I will try reseating hardware and more stress tests when I have time but I'm really lost here as its such a sparse occurrence that it makes it really hard for me to test in a reasonable amount of time I'm hoping someone here can see what my inexperienced eyes are missing Here's what I do know - I didn't install any drivers for a while month or so other than the nvidia driver which I rolled back - I am not overclocking and just running stock and default BIOS Though since my rd BSOD I have turned on XMP for my RAM didn't make anything worse I guess - The BSOD happens very randomly Twice while I was playing fairly low resource demanding games Once while I was just on desktop dragging organizing files And most recently Sparse BSOD 0x00000124 (hal.dll+12a3b, ntoskrnl.exe+75bc0) Win7-64bit while browsing Twitch tv on Chrome There seems to be nothing in common which is really frustrating - It doesn't seem to be related to how long my computer has been running The most recent happened minutes after turning my computer on - I have a minor suspicion it could be my sound because it's always given me issues distorting not being detected randomly at startup But it is onboard and I have no idea how to begin testing it I will post updates as I perform further tests will be running memtest thru the night last time only ran for hours Please let me know any good suggestions Thanks a lot

A:Sparse BSOD 0x00000124 (hal.dll+12a3b, ntoskrnl.exe+75bc0) Win7-64bit

I apologize ahead of time for losing the other 3 memory dumps, though they all appeared the same I'm sure there was useful information in there. I deleted them by accident via diskcleanup utility. I will post memory dmps as they happen in this thread, but for now if anyone sees a potential problem or has any advice to test please let me know.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/328551-sparse-bsod-0x00000124-hal-dll-12a3b-ntoskrnl-exe-75bc0-win7-64bit.html
Relevancy 72.67%

hello Did my first build Moved over the ssd and hdd's to new build all seemed well and good as I install all drivers from gigabyte disk pc seem to 0x00000124. Address playing ntoskrnl.exe+7f140 BSOD Error Company. Bad run BSOD playing Bad Company. Error 0x00000124. Address ntoskrnl.exe+7f140 fine until I play an online game I like battlefield bad company played it a TON on old rig and never ever had a BSOD no after about to minutes of play its happened every single time I try to play not sure what all more info you need but I will provide any info I can just ask I run win ultimate and ubuntu WUBI install I made a backup with acronis true image w plus pack via a boot cd with plus pack placed that backup onto a brand new ssd I bought a second ocz vertex thinking of doing a raid setup but decide against it do to loss of TRIM and it was odd as one os either ubuntu or win would boot and work with networking but not both the two ssd's are the same so i simply unplug the new one and plugged in the old one into the new build and every thing both os with networking work fine UNTILL I try to play bc I have added a second gtx in SLI using the way SLI connnector as the spacing of the x slots on the mobo I greatly appreciate your help with this issue not sure if I can replace the ntoskrnl exe or whatever else it may be I have read the guide to posting here and believe I have followed it if I did something wrong please bear with me and I will do it properly again I greatly appreciate your helping me correct my issues thanks and good day

A:BSOD playing Bad Company. Error 0x00000124. Address ntoskrnl.exe+7f140

Welcome to SF

WOW, 32 GB of ram is allot what are you going to do with all that?
Anyway, your dumps point toward defective/corrupted memory.

No need to test with memtest86+ right away, I would suggest you to manually
test each stick on different slots of your computer to identify the bad one.

For more information on your bug check go through the guide below:
→ Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/255737-bsod-playing-bad-company-error-0x00000124-address-ntoskrnl-exe-7f140.html
Relevancy 71.81%

Hello There
Since a while my computer gets Blue Screens this tends to happen only once a day, around 10 minutes after i turn the computer on usually when i play battlefield 3 or View news in Firefox ( Graphic related i think ) so this error happens only once and after i restart, it doesn't happens again

I have tested memory yesterday with a Linux men test but there are no errors
BIOS is set to standard and updated as well
Graphic Drivers are Updated

I have no other ideas what it could be

Here are the dump log files, if something else needs to be provided please let me know

LOGO-PC-22_05_2015_193505,70.zip
Dmp01.jpg

thanks in advance for any suggestions and your time

A:BSOD Caused by ntoskrnl.exe

Hello Logo, welcome to 7F. There's only one dump in your log but it shows a couple of issues. The first one is ESET.
Code:
fffff880`084513e8 fffff880`03706a3eUnable to load image eamonm.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for eamonm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for eamonm.sys
eamonm+0x1ca3e

Code:
fffff880`0844fff8 fffff880`052175d0Unable to load image epfwwfpr.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for epfwwfpr.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for epfwwfpr.sys
epfwwfpr+0x175d0
My recommendation here would be to uninstall ESET using the tool linked below.
Then install MS Security Essentials and MalwareBytes.

Note
Make sure you uncheck the 'Enable Free Trial' box when installing MalwareBytes.

Your Realtek Ethernet driver is also causing issues. It' very old and needs updating, check here for an updated version.
Code:
fffff880`08450988 fffff880`047392fb
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for Rt64win7.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for Rt64win7.sys
Rt64win7+0xc2fb

5: kd> lmvm Rt64win7
start end module name
fffff880`0472d000 fffff880`04784000 Rt64win7 T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: Rt64win7.sys
Image path: Rt64win7.sys
Image name: Rt64win7.sys
Timestamp: Thu Mar 04 13:42:52 2010 (4B8FB8DC)
CheckSum: 000611C5
ImageSize: 00057000

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/370638-bsod-caused-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 71.81%

I'm getting random bluescreens caused by ntoskrnl.exe. Hope you can help me find the problem.

System Specs:
Operating System
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1
CPU
AMD Phenom II X6 1050T 29 ?C
Thuban 45nm Technology
RAM
8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 666MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard
ASUSTeK Computer INC. M5A87 (AM3R2) 21 ?C
Graphics
V223W ([email protected])
2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 (Gigabyte) 27 ?C
Storage
465GB Western Digital WDC WD5000AADS-00S9B0 ATA Device (SATA) 25 ?C
Optical Drives
ASUS DRW-24B1ST a ATA Device
Audio
Realtek High Definition Aud

Relevancy 71.81%

Hi,
I'm facing various BSOD. After I open minidump files via Bluescreenview, it's caused by Ntoskrnl.exe.

Here's the minidump files
Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

Here's the screenshot of the Bluescreenview :

Please help, Thanks in advance

A:Various BSOD Caused by ntoskrnl.exe

CLIFFFLIP-PC-31_01_2016_131456_04.zip

here's the log generated by DM Log Creator

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/39210-various-bsod-caused-ntoskrnl-exe.html