Windows Support Forum

Windows Explorer constantly crashing (with OggSplitter.ax at fault?)

Q: Windows Explorer constantly crashing (with OggSplitter.ax at fault?)

I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium Edition x64
Each time I see a similar problem caused by various processes, the solution is different each time so I am wit's end trying to find the exact solution to my particular faulty process.
Here's the error message:

Application Version: 6.1.7601.17567
Application Timestamp: 4d672ee4
Fault Module Name: OggSplitter.ax
Fault Module Version: 1.3.1984.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 4c011e15
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 0000000000004dc8
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: db58
Additional Information 2: db5830bcf382b5fcbe31d264bae0d4b0
Additional Information 3: e043
Additional Information 4: e04381aac7462f0038c293e75c25662d
Thanks so much for looking and all your help.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Windows Explorer constantly crashing (with OggSplitter.ax at fault?)

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Windows Explorer constantly crashing (with OggSplitter.ax at fault?)

We do need the DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.

If you are overclocking STOP

You may be able to get the DMP files without crashing by booting into safe mode (F8) with networking.

To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.

The procedure:

Quote:
* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
*If the files are too large please upload them to a file sharing service like "Rapidshare" and put a link to them in your reply.

To ensure minidumps are enabled:

Quote:
* Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
* Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
* Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
* Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
* Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
* OK your way out.
* Reboot if changes have been made.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/221802-windows-explorer-constantly-crashing-oggsplitter-ax-fault.html
Relevancy 78.69%

Hi Couple of days ago I installed Kaspersky on my laptop However everything became messed up and it got slower and programs didn't work so I figured that it must be from Kaspersky When I wanted to uninstall it in an attempt to solve the problem it didn't allow me to The installer won't even show up Windows explorer was too slow which result in constant constantly is Explorer crashing Windows crashing I turned off the laptop and opened it in safe mode and did a system restore to couple of days before the installation When I opened my laptop again the Windows logo appeared normally but afterwards a black screen appeared and nothing else I could only move the mouse and use ctrl alt delete command and that's it I tried ending the process of Windows explorer and then opening it again using New Task but to no avail Eventually I turned off my laptop again and entered the safe mode disabled then enabled the video card drive from the device manager and then opened my laptop in Windows Explorer is constantly crashing normal mode again This time the desktop appeared normally but - Windows explorer runs very slow and when I start windows and try to open a program refresh the desktop it'll crash and stop working which would result in me ending up with only my mouse and the background wallpaper When i try to forcefully turn it off then on again the black screen would appear again so I have to turn it off normally using ctrl-alt-delete and then start it again and it would start normally again but i have to wait at least minutes so the windows won't crash - Bitlocker will not work at all I have a locked drive that I set it to unlock automatically on this laptop but it won't open Computer would only display a silver drive with its name and an unlocked silver lock and that's it It won't allow me to open it or anything And every time i try to double click or enter the drive Windows explorer would keep loading and then eventually it will crash It's drive K in this picture - None of my programs are working properly they won't even start When I try to open troubleshooting or launching Malwarebytes they would open normally but when I try to scan for problems they would keep loading for ages with no results Other programs won't even launch except for Google chrome which is the only thing that's working properly for me now I really hope you have a solution for my problem otherwise I'm seriously considering a system format which I really want to avoid Thank you in advance

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/d4eba679-4d9b-4163-9546-d3c9563b0b8d/windows-explorer-is-constantly-crashing?forum=w7itproperf
Relevancy 78.69%

almost every time I open windows explorer, it
crashes...

I read a post earlier that recommended
opening command prompt and typing in:
sfc /sannow

Did that and the results are:
"Verification 94% complete.
Windows Resource Protection could not
perform the requested operation"

I will appreciate some suggestions on
how to fix this issue.

Thanks Karen

A:Windows Explorer constantly crashing

Make sure you run it at least 3 times as per this.
SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker
Let us know the results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/260248-windows-explorer-constantly-crashing.html
Relevancy 78.69%

Hello My PC seems to be freezing and unfreezing randomly A lot of the programs don't Explorer crashing constantly Windows work and the apps don't work at Windows Explorer crashing constantly all the side search bar comes up but clicking on the search items give nothing Chrome and internet explorer work perfectly fine though but if i try to install something or just use file explorer it just freezes At that time the windows key doesn't work either Then it suddenly unfreezes and repeatedly switches between the normal and the start screen as if there was a lag but the file explorer completely closes This happens within - mins after I login The only way that it seems to get fixed is when I logout of my user then login again Windows Explorer crashing constantly I'm pretty sure there are no viruses I'm trying to install Malwarebytes but that also isn't installing I use avast I ran sfc scannow and got the stuff there are lots of errors lots of utc app json see filesfcdetails txt And yes this all did start after the Win update notification came along Actually a few days ago some adware got installed by mistake and since i couldnt uninstall it i just went and deleted its registry key out of anger now I'm thinking I should haven't done that I only deleted the offending key nothing else there's one more adware program too CinemPlus or smthing haven't removed it yet but i don't think that's causing any problems according to windows it updated itself on th June but i don't remember seeing it I'm doing DISM clean-up if something happens I'll post it scanHealth seems to be stuck on for now sorry for giving the most nebulous description of a problem ever please post if you have any suggestions

A:Windows Explorer crashing constantly

Could you do a Restore back to a time before you modified the Registry and/or installed the CinemPlus program? If you have a restore point to go back to, then you could try to remove those programs properly (i.e. did you look in the Control Panel>Programs and Features to see if the program you did want was listed there for uninstall)?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/67111-windows-explorer-crashing-constantly.html
Relevancy 78.69%

Hi guys Any help on this would be helpful - I m struggling I have Windows Ultimate final bit and am being plagued with Windows Explorer crashes not IE Useful information The crashes often occur constantly Explorer Windows crashing when right clicking on files - but not always Sometimes I might click on a file and hit the delete button crash Or sometimes just opening folders can cause a crash This was a clean install of Windows - not an upgradeI m pretty sure I don t have any malware on the system I have read on other forums and tried such things as running the system file integrity check and no problems found Here are some sample Windows error logs DescriptionFaulting Application Path C Windows explorer exeProblem signatureProblem Event Name APPCRASHApplication Name Explorer EXEApplication Version Application Timestamp a Fault Module Name StackHash c e Fault Module Version Fault Module Timestamp a Windows Explorer constantly crashing be bException Code c Exception Offset c cd OS Version Locale ID Additional Information c e Additional Information c e c a efccab e Windows Explorer constantly crashing ffc e e Additional Information ebeAdditional Information ebe edc e dcc e f bb a fExtra Windows Explorer constantly crashing information about the problemBucket ID DescriptionFaulting Application Path C Windows explorer exeProblem signatureProblem Event Name APPCRASHApplication Name Explorer EXEApplication Version Application Timestamp a Fault Module Name StackHash Fault Module Version Fault Module Timestamp a be bException Code c Exception Offset c cd OS Version Locale ID Additional Information Additional Information eb b c e ee b aAdditional Information eaa Additional Information eaa c f b bfc bef d Extra information about the problemBucket ID DescriptionFaulting Application Path C Windows explorer exeProblem signatureProblem Event Name APPCRASHApplication Name explorer exeApplication Version Application Timestamp a Fault Module Name ntdll dllFault Module Version Fault Module Timestamp a be bException Code c dException Offset d eOS Version Locale ID Additional Information dAdditional Information d c ac bab dd bf Additional Information ef Additional Information ef e e fa feaf a cfdf dfExtra information about the problemBucket ID As you can see the first two I ve posted are similar and involve a StackHash but the third is something to do with a dll file My reliability monitor is literally full of Windows Explorer crashes with the vast majority related to a StackHash N B I found one forum post somewhere that recommend trying to disable DEP - however I couldn t disable it for Windows Explorer since it is bit or something I can also provide a list of installed program if you think it might be a compatibility problem Cheers Casey

A:Windows Explorer constantly crashing

LOL it's just happened again; this time I was in Computer and clicked "Uninstall or change a program" and Windows Explorer crashed.

I then tried to open my event logs and then Windows Explorer crashed again.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/273201/windows-explorer-constantly-crashing/
Relevancy 78.69%

Hi there My problem is with windows explorer all of a sudden one day i closed my laptop to hibernate it Then once i opened it a crashing explorer constantly windows quot windows explorer error is restarting quot error then it shows the status bar windows explorer constantly crashing it goes nowehre then later it says quot windows explorer is restarting quot the problem is i cant access anything and it doesn t give me enough time to open up a program and once i scan with anti-virus symantec or windows defender it doesn t do anything it also knocked out my LAN connection im windows explorer constantly crashing a student so basically im unable to do anything be it word processing or watching movies Not really sure what else to say but it is a Toshiba Satellite computer i bought from best buy with Windows Vista Home Premium Edition Anyways if someone could help me with it ASAP i d appreciate it when i restart the computer it says quot exception integer division by zero OxC quot it says some more but i m not really sure what this means i ve tried running it in Safe Mode as well and to no avail If you can please help me out i d greatly appreciate it -Jon nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-explorer-constantly-crashing.708541/
Relevancy 78.69%

Nvm I fixed it myself.

A:Windows explorer crashing constantly

Hi and welcome Glad to hear you got it fixed

You may want to share your solution here - it may help someone else in the future with the same problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-explorer-crashing-constantly.919686/
Relevancy 78.69%

Well as the title reads my windows explorer for my sony vaio (running xp) is crashing within 10 seconds after i start using it.

I force quit, it reloads then crashes again.

I'm sure its not a virus and just today i reinstalled the OS core files (recovery install).

I don't get whats up.

It crashes in safe mode and normal mode as well.

Any suggestions.

Relevancy 78.69%

Well as the title reads my windows explorer for my sony vaio (running xp) is crashing within 10 seconds after i start using it.

I force quit, it reloads then crashes again.

I'm sure its not a virus/malware/spyware and just today i reinstalled the OS core files (recovery install).

I don't get whats up.

It crashes in safe mode and normal mode as well.

Any suggestions?

A:Windows Explorer crashing constantly

have u tried a system restore? . Run chkdsk?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/257269/windows-explorer-crashing-constantly/
Relevancy 77.83%

Okay not sure what's going on but my system is acting wacky and I'm thinking it must be infected with something Had company over this week nephew was using the computer not entirely sure of all he did however today I've started up and any time I try to access My Computer Control Panel Windows Update basically anything that utilizes Explorer exe I get a shutdown error Details Problem signature Problem Event Name APPCRASH Application Name Explorer EXE Application Version Application Timestamp e d Fault Module Name kernel dll Fault Module Version Fault Module Timestamp a d Exception Code e d Exception Offset eb OS Version Locale ID Additional Information f c Additional Information d b f ddf aa bc Additional Information a e Additional Information f fb f a ec cb ce fa f I'm on Vista and I generally keep my system up to date So far I've run an online scan with Panda it advise constantly plz crashing, Explorer Windows found Windows Explorer constantly crashing, plz advise a couple things and I disinfected or what have you Used Spybot cleaned all spyware it found Rebooted in safe mode and deleted the files that my nephew said he downloaded some DVD program But I figure maybe the problem was there who knows I've run HiJackThis and will post log beneath Please let me know if there is any further information you need to diagnose Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows system conime exe C hp support hpsysdrv exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard On-Screen OSD Indicator OSD exe C Windows RtHDVCpl exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update hpwuSchd exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Windows System rundll exe C Program Files CyberLink Shared files brs exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files HP Connections Program HP Connections exe C Program Files Wireless LAN g Pen Size Wireless USB Adapter HW V WlanCU exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Windows System mobsync exe C hp kbd kbd exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Users Stephanie Desktop HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google ca R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TY ion amp pf desktop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TY ion amp pf desktop R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - BHO no name - - A - CBF-B EA- F C E - C Windows system jKayyaxX dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO b e cb- e c- de -c a -da fee f - f ee-f ad- a c- ed -c e bc e b - C Windows system ayhxnk dll O - HKLM Run Windows Defender ProgramFiles Windows Defender MSASCui exe -hide O - HKLM Run hpsysdrv c hp support hpsysdrv exe O - HKLM Run KBD C HP KBD KbdStub EXE O - HKLM Run OsdMaestro quot C Program Files Hewlett-Packard On-Screen OSD Indicator OSD exe quot O - HKLM Run RtHDVCpl RtHDVCpl exe O - HKLM Run HP Software Update c Program Files HP HP Software Update... Read more

A:Windows Explorer constantly crashing, plz advise

Hello and welcome to TSF.

Sorry for the delay in response.

Unfortunately, one of the items in your log is identified as an RBot, with backdoor capabilities giving intruders complete control of your computer, logging key strokes, stealing information, etc. I would advise you to disconnect this PC from the Internet immediately. If you do any banking or other financial transactions on the PC or if it should contain any other sensitive information, please get to a known clean computer and change all passwords where applicable, and it would be wise to contact those same financial institutions to alert them to your situation.

Though the Trojan has been identified and can be killed, because of its backdoor functionality, your PC is very likely compromised and there is no way to be sure your computer can ever again be trusted. Many experts in the security community believe that once infected with this type of Trojan, the best course of action would be a reformat and reinstall of the OS. In all honesty, if this were to be my computer, I would reformat and reinstall

Please read these for more information:

Danger: Remote Access Trojans
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/...o/virusrat.mspx

When should I re-format? How should I reinstall?
http://www.dslreports.com/faq/10063

How Do I Handle Possible Identify Theft, Internet Fraud and CC Fraud?
http://www.dslreports.com/faq/10451

However, if you do not have the resources to reinstall your computer and would like me to attempt to clean it, I will be happy to do so but it is not fully guaranteed that your computer will be trustworthy.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/windows-explorer-constantly-crashing-plz-advise-301014.html
Relevancy 77.83%

I'm having a problem with windows explorer constantly crashing over and over.
Here is the error message:
Application Version: 6.1.7601.17567
Application Timestamp: 4d672ee4
Fault Module Name: OggSplitter.ax
Fault Module Version: 1.3.1984.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 4c011e15
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 0000000000004dc8
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: db58
Additional Information 2: db5830bcf382b5fcbe31d264bae0d4b0
Additional Information 3: e043
Additional Information 4: e04381aac7462f0038c293e75c25662d
Thanks so much for looking and all your help.
I'm not sure how to find OggSplitter.ax. It's not searchable on my computer, which is running Windows 7 Home Premium 64x.

A:Solved: Windows Explorer Crashing constantly

Do you have a OGG Splitter software on your computer?

http://www.free-codecs.com/download/ogg_directshow_filters.htm

Or perhaps the K-Lite Codec Pack?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-explorer-crashing-constantly.1047260/
Relevancy 77.4%

hi,

after 5 or 6 months of using, explorer.exe started crashing constantly,
it crashes every 10-15 minutes and freezes the screen, then i restart the process and continue using.
here is the problem signature :

Problem Event Name: APPCRASH

Application Name: Explorer.EXE

Application Version: 6.1.7600.16768

Application Timestamp: 4d6878c3

Fault Module Name: StackHash_b19c

Fault Module Version: 6.1.7600.16695

Fault Module Timestamp: 4cc7ab44

Exception Code: c0000374

Exception Offset: 000c35e3

OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1

Locale ID: 2057

Additional Information 1: b19c

Additional Information 2: b19c7c480fb8593e9c78e3a1cb083c61

Additional Information 3: d6a2

Additional Information 4: d6a2dd99d19d540846a6bb2478df8644

any help will be appretiated.

A:Windows Explorer (explorer.exe) is constantly crashing

Hello there, welcome to Seven Forums.

Go command prompt (right click -> run as admin) & type: sfc /scannow

Itwill find and try to fix any bad system files.
Also download and install malwarebytes & do a full scan, just to rule out malware.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/165048-windows-explorer-explorer-exe-constantly-crashing.html
Relevancy 76.97%

Hello everyone I just reformatted a Dell Inspiron S Desktop with Windows Home Premium -bit It's coming from Vista but a install? IE on Explorer & crashing Windows constantly fresh this is not an upgrade but rather a full reformat reinstall Once installed I noticed that IE was crashing immediately every Windows Explorer & IE crashing constantly on a fresh install? time I opened it Next I tried to double click the C drive in Explorer and explorer exe crashed I then tried to load a CD with some drivers on it and when I right clicked on the CD drive under My Computer in order to click Explore - exporer exe crashed again In device manager the only hardware with a yellow caution sign icon is under Display Adapters and is the quot Intel G G Express Chipset Family quot but I doubt that would cause all of this I'm at a loss of what to do -- why would the OS be having so many issues on a new fresh legitimate install EDIT In addition when I try to install software it tells me that the quot The Windows Installer Service Could Not Be Accessed quot

A:Windows Explorer & IE crashing constantly on a fresh install?

Start with these free diagnostics:

Quote:
H/W Diagnostics:
Please start by running these bootable hardware diagnostics:
Memory Diagnostics (read the details at the link)
HD Diagnostic (read the details at the link)

Also, please run one of these free, independent online malware scans to ensure that your current protection hasn't been compromised: Malware (read the details at the link)

Then, if the above tests pass, I'd try these free stress tests:

Quote:
FurMark download site: FurMark: Graphics Card Stability and Stress Test, OpenGL Benchmark and GPU Temperature | oZone3D.Net
FurMark Setup:
- If you have more than one GPU, select Multi-GPU during setup
- In the Run mode box, select "Stability Test" and "Log GPU Temperature"
Click "Go" to start the test
- Run the test until the GPU temperature maxes out - or until you start having problems (whichever comes first).
- Click "Quit" to exit

Quote:
Prime95 download site: Free Software - GIMPS
Prime95 Setup:
- extract the contents of the zip file to a location of your choice
- double click on the executable file
- select "Just stress testing"
- select the "Blend" test. If you've already run MemTest overnight you may want to run the "Small FFTs" test instead. (run all 3 if you find a problem and note how long it takes to error out with each)
- "Number of torture test threads to run" should equal the number of CPU's times 2 (if you're using hyperthreading).
The easiest way to figure this out is to go to Task Manager...Performance tab - and see the number of boxes under CPU Usage History
Then run the test for 6 to 24 hours - or until you get errors (whichever comes first).
This won't necessarily crash the system - but check the output in the test window for errors.
The Test selection box and the stress.txt file describes what components that the program stresses.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/97764-windows-explorer-ie-crashing-constantly-fresh-install.html
Relevancy 76.97%

Hello everyone I just reformatted a Dell Inspiron S Desktop with Windows Home Premium -bit It s coming from Vista but this is not an upgrade but rather a full on Explorer constantly a IE & fresh crashing Windows install? reformat reinstall Once installed I noticed that IE was crashing immediately every time I opened it Next I Windows Explorer & IE crashing constantly on a fresh install? tried to double click Windows Explorer & IE crashing constantly on a fresh install? the C drive in Explorer and explorer exe crashed I then tried to load a CD with some drivers on it and when I right clicked on the CD drive under My Computer in order to click Explore - exporer exe crashed again In device manager the only hardware with a yellow caution sign icon is under Display Adapters and is the quot Intel G G Express Chipset Family quot but I doubt that would cause all of this In addition when I try to install software it tells me that the quot The Windows Installer Service Could Not Be Accessed quot Windows Explorer & IE crashing constantly on a fresh install? I m at a loss of what to do -- why would the OS be having so many issues on a new fresh legitimate install nbsp

Relevancy 76.97%

I Windows constantly Start crashing in Menu... the is Explorer have two problems with Vista Everytime I hit the Vista orb and open up the start menu the one with the search bar on the bottom not the old one if I click on Control Panel which is a menu aka it has Windows Explorer is constantly crashing in the Start Menu... an arrow as soon as I open up the menu Windows Explorer crashes and I have to restart the explorer exe process This especially sucks because everytime you do this it rearranges your Quick Launch Bar setup and also disables DreamScene - I have disabled all add-ons on IE Didn't work - I have disabled all third-party shells using shexview Didn't work - I've cleaned the registry with CCleaner Didn't work - I ran a complete scan with Windows Live OneCare and it reported no infected files Still no success Anyone know a fix I'm desperate Also another problem with Vista I have is that if I open up the start menu and click on Documents which has an arrow and then click on Music also a menu with an arrow the Music folder shows a transparent box that doesn't show the other music submenus Is there a fix for that Thanks EDIT Forgot to mention Windows Explorer does also occasionally crash when browsing through it

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-explorer-is-constantly-crashing-in-the-start-menu-323425.html
Relevancy 76.97%

I'm in desperate need of help Windows explorer crashes with the error message quot Windows Explorer has stopped working quot whenever I click on a folder that has a RAW image file CR or a TIFF PSD (folders Explorer constantly in images Windows with them) crashing image file It then shuts down and restarts It only happens with these large image files not video audio or pdf files I'm running Windows -bit Home Premium My computer did two lengthy Windows updates Windows Explorer constantly crashing (folders with images in them) over the last week when I did system restarts so maybe that has something to do Windows Explorer constantly crashing (folders with images in them) with it I spent the whole day yesterday trying different suggestions I found on the web and nothing has worked Here's some of the things that I've tried that have been unsuccessful - Selected quot Always show icons never thumbnails quot in quot Folder options View quot - Scanned my computer with Malwarebytes Same problem after the scan cleanup - Tried do a System Restore on different restore points and none of them could complete the Restore successfully - Tried to do a System Restore on the same restore points in safe mode and it still couldn't do it - Ran SFC scan still does the same thing afterwards - Updated my video card driver - Tried different image codec packs - Uninstalled all image codec packs - Some selective startup or clean boot stuff through quot msconfig quot that didn't help - Plus a few other things that I can't even remember it was a late night I'd be so grateful if anybody can help me figure out this issue I need to use Photoshop and work with these images for my line of work so I'm kind of at a standstill until I get this resolved Doing a full reinstall is something I really don't want to have to do Thanks so much Josh

A:Windows Explorer constantly crashing (folders with images in them)

This sounds like a codec pack issue. When explorer tries to thumbnail them it crashes because the codec pack has corrupted the thumbnailing process. Some codec packs can hang around and cause issues even after you think you've uninstalled them. Which codec packs did/do you have installed?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/254708-windows-explorer-constantly-crashing-folders-images-them.html
Relevancy 76.11%

I'm having a problem with Windows normal and mode in constantly safe Explorer Windows crashing Explorer constantly crashing regardless of whether I start in normal mode or safe mode I don't even get a chance to do anything in either mode as in seconds Windows Explorer will crash and if I try to run a program it will crash and the Show Details window shows Problem Event Name APPCRASH and Application Name Explorer exe I suppose this might not be detailed enough but I just can't stay on long enough to do anything Also the screen in Safe mode flickers alot in addition to the crashing I also did defrag the drive yesterday which took ten hours I had my hard drive Windows Explorer constantly crashing in normal and safe mode for about years could it Windows Explorer constantly crashing in normal and safe mode be dying I don't think I have a virus since I have Kaspersky Internet Security and did a scan a while ago Also I'm running Vista x Home Premium Thanks in advance Edit I also moved my video card to a different PCIe slot a couple days ago so it wouldn't be adjacent to the sound card

A:Windows Explorer constantly crashing in normal and safe mode

I also moved my video card to a different PCIe slot a couple days ago so it wouldn't be adjacent to the sound card.Put it back and see if that makes a difference

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/222129/windows-explorer-constantly-crashing-in-normal-and-safe-mode/
Relevancy 75.25%

Hello all:

I recently downloaded Windows 7 Home Premium but now the computer is running extremely slow and windows explorer crashes constantly. Eventually the computer freezes and I have to reboot. I reinstalled Windows 7 but the problems repeat. Please help!!!!

Thank you,
N

A:Windows Explorer Constantly Crashing and System Running Extremely Slow

where did you download it from? did you run the system checker to see if your machine could run win7?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-explorer-constantly-crashing-and-system-running-extremely-slow-575662.html
Relevancy 69.66%

The last few weeks my explorer has been crashing more and more, to the point it now does about a dozen times a day, showing this message:

Seeing as explorer is intergrated into vista i don't know what's going on or how to rectify it (as in i can't repair or reinstall it)

Can anyone help?

Thanks

A:Explorer constantly crashing

Hi Lostnumber, try running IE without any addons to see if the same happens:
- Click Start -> Run -> type:
iexplore -extoff
- Click OK

Test for a while to see if it crashes.

Does the crash usually happen on the same site? Is it completely random?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/explorer-constantly-crashing-338214.html
Relevancy 69.66%

Hi,

I bought a new HP laptop about two weeks ago with Vista Home Premium pre-installed on it. Everything has been fine so far but today, whilst in the middle of some internet browsing, it says that windows explorer has crashed and it automatically tries to restart. It tries to restart only to crash again, and again etc. It's to the point where I cannot click on anything or even open the start menu.

I have tried to boot into safe mode, but the same thing happens. I have looked at the task manager and nothing jumps out at me. I just dont know how to even begin to solve this problem.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Relevancy 69.66%

Every time I boot my laptop, Vista loads really slow and explorer.exe is slow to respond. When I click to open a program it just stalls for a bit then nothing happens. I'm unable to do anything when I boot Vista normally and I end up having to shut it down manually and starting it in safe mode. The problem has happened out of nowhere there isn't nothing I've downloaded recently that could have caused it.

I've tried a system restore and that does nothing, I've also tried virus scans and memory scans and still no luck.

I'm running Windows Vista on a HP G6000 laptop with 2gb RAM, AMD Athlon 64 X2 TK57 and that's all the specs i can find lol.

Here's the log...

Any help would be really appreciated,

Thanks.

Relevancy 69.66%

hello, i have a win xp home machine and i constantly get "there was a problem with windows explorer...send report" etc. messages when opening docs, folders, etc. it's coming from explorer.exe, wininet.dll. i downloaded latest service packs, no luck. i'm thinking i may have to reinstall over xp with repair. any thoughts would be appreciated. thanks.

A:explorer.exe crashing constantly

Dirtydevlin,
I am having the same problem and I was thinking that I have to repair windows xp also. I had a terrible time trying to install the O/S to begin with. I constantly received errors during install. Such as, this so and so file was not copied to your hard drive correctly to try again press enter.
During the win xp setup I received a variety of stop errors. Frustrating. So I finally got the O/S in the computer and now I receive the errors that you have mentioned. I am looking for some resolution also.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/explorer-exe-crashing-constantly.177551/
Relevancy 69.66%

Hi I'm having some major issues with my Windows explorer as it keeps crashing on me I'll explain in a little more detail I'm running Windows Bit and have been for quite a while I did encounter this problem before and I got that sick of it I ended up re-formatting and doing a clean install this was fine until yesterday when my explorer started giving me grief again and keeps crashing when I either try to open a folder on my desktop or right clicking to copy or paste anything Explorer constantly crashing I've got the error is gives me in the event viewer here if that will help Faulting application name Explorer EXE version time stamp x aebab d Faulting module name nvcpl cpl unloaded version time stamp x abff Exception code xc d Fault offset x b Faulting process id x c Faulting application start time x Explorer constantly crashing cab aab a Faulting application path C Windows Explorer EXE Faulting module path nvcpl cpl Report Id bd aa - c - df- d - d f f This isn't a constant issue as in it doesn't happen literally everytime I open a folder or right click but it is becoming more frequent If anyone needs anymore information to help me solve this very annoying issue let me know and I shall get the required information Edit - I've just tried the SFC ScanNow command and it brough back no reported issues so I thought I'd post that here aswell

A:Explorer constantly crashing

I've been checking the event viewer and found that 75% of the errors logged contain the file TosBtShell.dll as the Faulting Module Path so I've nailed tha tone down to my Toshiba Bluetooth Stack thus I've un-installed the drivers for it and used the one from windows itself, we shall see if it solves the problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/64594-explorer-constantly-crashing.html
Relevancy 69.66%

I've been looking for some time now (few months) through previous topics about this but it doesn't seem any fix is working...

It's quite random, but when I try to do something to a file, whether its copy it (by right clicking, and pressing copy), pasting (same method), going to properties of the file, deleting a file, opening a folder, or essentially anything that uses explorer.exe, sometimes it will crash.

It's absolutly random, but for example, just now I right clicked on a file and went to properties, and it crashed.

I doubt it's a certain file type, because this happens with folders as well.

The only error message I ever get from this is that explorer.exe is not responding and needs to close, and then the message if I want to send the problem to Microsoft.

This problem feels as if I'm stressing explorer.exe until it crashes... except I'm barely doing anything.

Any ideas?

A:explorer.exe constantly crashing

Hello Gamepro03

This problem can be caused by a poorly coded context menu handler. A context menu handler is a shell extension handler that adds commands to an existing context menu (Example: cut, copy, paste, print, Scan with Norton etc)

Download ShellExView and run it.

It will scan the registry for all the shell extensions. Once the scan is over and the list is displayed, you need to spot the context menu handlers. Sort the results using "Type", so that the context menu handlers are displayed together.

General rule here is to disable non-Microsoft context menu handlers *one-by-one* and verify if the problem is solved. If disabling one does not solve the problem, undo the disabled item and disable the next non-Microsoft handler. Do the same until the problem is solved and finally identify the culprit. Scroll right to see the Company Name column in ShellExView.

You can disable them ...they say "one at a time" and see what effect it has on the problem. You can do it a lot quicker by bisecting the list, disabling half of the entries in one fell swoop, rebooting and trying the right click. You just have to narrow it down. Then keep bisecting the list until it is just a few and do these one at a time. The problem is that you have to reboot between tries to get accurate testing of the results of your disabling.

The latest version of ShellExView marks all the non-Microsoft extensions in Pink for easy identification. All other types of shell extensions that ShellExView utility cannot recognize are categorized as "System" type.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/explorer-exe-constantly-crashing-395504.html
Relevancy 68.8%

Two months ago I had a strange event begin to happen explorer exe would crash restart then crash again all in the span of Constantly Crashing/Restarting explorer.exe a few seconds It explorer.exe Crashing/Restarting Constantly would do this over and over again despite system restarts etc After a half-hour of browsing online I found someone who had run into the same problem and ComboFix was recommended I downloaded ComboFix ran it and voila the problem was solved Explorer was no longer crashing and everything went back to normal A few hours ago Explorer began crashing again I was away from my computer for about three or four hours so I am not too sure when it began to happen again All I know is that when I left my PC the explorer problem was not happening But when I got back like an annoying friend I had hoped to never see again I realized that explorer was crashing over and over again So this time being prepared I fired up ComboFix to let it do its magic I watched as it went through all the steps and noticed that at step a message popped up saying quot Deleted C Windows System idlrk dll quot ComboFix finished the scanning and restarted the computer After I logged back on ComboFix started right back up again as usual However instead of the dialog I saw the first time talking about creating the log ComboFix was outputting some sort of error message about being denied the right to remove idlrk dll I was going to take a screen shot of it but did not get the chance a BSoD occurred and I had to restart the PC The quot technical information quot I got from the BSoD was this STOP x F x xFBF DA xFBE F xE C E C I tried it a second time with the same results ComboFix managed to fix the problem of explorer crashing for now but I have even bigger problems now First and foremost the PC is acting very strange I cannot access certain parts of the Registry telling me I have no permissions to do so I cannot install AVG because of those registry restrictions and though this is hardly a huge deal the system clock is still stuck on -hour time I'm worried that because ComboFix did not get to finish properly that my computer may be stuck in some kind of limbo and quot idlrk dll quot is still there to boot Anyway below is my DDS txt information and I'll be attaching the required Attach txt to this well Thanks for any help DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Taylor at on - - Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k WudfServiceGroup svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Google Update GoogleUpdate exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system taskmgr exe C Program Files Stardock ObjectDock ObjectDock exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA exe C Program Files Digidesign Drivers MMERefresh exe C Program Files FileZilla Server FileZilla Server exe C Program Files FolderSize FolderSizeSvc exe C WINDOWS system inetsrv inetinfo exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG mdm exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS system HPZipm exe C Program Files Common Files SafeNet Sentinel Sentinel Keys Server sntlkeyssrvr exe C Program Files Common Files SafeNet Sentinel Sentinel Protection Server WinNT spnsrvnt exe C WINDOWS System snmp exe C WINDOWS system STacSV exe C Program Files Alcohol Soft Alcohol StarWind StarWindServiceAE exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C Program Files Linksys Wireless-G PCI Network Adapter with SpeedBooster WLService exe C Program Files Linksys Wireless-G PCI Network Adapter with SpeedBooster WMP GSv exe C WINDOWS system mqsvc exe C WINDOWS system SearchIndexer exe C WINDOWS system mqtg... Read more

A:explorer.exe Crashing/Restarting Constantly

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.comDDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERER,K

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/213760/explorerexe-crashingrestarting-constantly/
Relevancy 68.8%

Help I don t know what else to do The scenario is that whenever I click on a link on a web page IE freezes or hangs Then I do cntrl alt delete and the first file I see in the list is Desktop RC and then the internet page I was on What is Desktop RC I never saw it before when I had Comcast as my ISP I now have DSL it sucks -- way too slow I m getting as opposed to MBPS Constantly! Crashing Explorer Internet 7 and above with Comcast I have done the following to address the problem cleared cache Added more space to cache followed the steps that Microsoft gives Uninstalled it and reinstalled it Changed home page etc I may just have to give up using it all together the only thing is some programs on my computer are partial to IE like Microsoft Office Suite I also have McAfee Could that be the problem Could AT Internet Explorer 7 Crashing Constantly! amp T be the problem I never had this problem when I was using Comcast IE worked fine Now its practically unusable Thanks ajm nbsp

Relevancy 68.8%

Hi First off cause clear crashing explorer.exe constantly, no thanks to anyone taking the time to read this This is a problem I ve been having for quite some time now and I kept ignoring it but now I think explorer.exe crashing constantly, no clear cause it s time I get help with it I m running Windows XP Professional Service Pack on a - -year-old PC GB RAM Intel Core Duo GHz CPU GB GB HDD nVidia GeForce GS GPU and I m pretty satisfied with explorer.exe crashing constantly, no clear cause it both the OS and the PC Recently I was having some issues I suspected as malware but after running some scans and trying out different configurations I detected that there was just a collision between two anti-malware programs NOD and MalwareBytes AntiMalware Uninstalling MBAM and reinstalling NOD fixed it During the process I reinstalled XP with my XP setup CD I m not sure this is all relevant to my problem but I just know any info may help Anyways the error I m getting has been an issue since before I reinstalled XP and it continues showing up even today Windows Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close We are sorry for the inconvenience AppName explorer exe AppVer ModName unknownModVer Offset b After I click quot Send Error Report Don t Send quot I sometimes get a Dr Watson error as well In some cases I find that the only solution to get Explorer running again and the taskbar responsive again is ending all explorer exe and drwtsn instances via Task Manager It is a pain though The weird thing about it though is I get these errors even when an Explorer window is open in the background and I m not doing anything They pop up at random times which is why I couldn t find the source of the problem on my own Thanks for any help

A:explorer.exe crashing constantly, no clear cause

Let's try this .Download/install BlueScreenView, http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html .Double-click BlueScreenView.exe file.When scanning is done, Edit/Select All...then File/Save Selected Items.Save the report as BSOD.txt.Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all content and paste it into your next reply.Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/375606/explorerexe-crashing-constantly-no-clear-cause/
Relevancy 68.8%

Win Explorer constantly crashing this is what I have done so far disc constantly crashing (MiniToolboxLog) Explorer cleaner chkdsk uninstall unecessary programs cc cleaner reg fix MiniToolBox by Farbar Version - - Ran by Aps administrator on - - at Running from C Users Aps Downloads Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack X Boot Mode Normal Event log errors Application errors Error PM Source WinMgmt User Description root CIMV SELECT FROM InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN WHERE TargetInstance ISA Win Processor AND TargetInstance LoadPercentage gt x Error PM Source WinMgmt User Description root CIMV SELECT FROM InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN WHERE TargetInstance ISA Win Processor AND TargetInstance LoadPercentage gt x Error PM Source WinMgmt User Description root CIMV Explorer constantly crashing (MiniToolboxLog) SELECT FROM InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN WHERE TargetInstance ISA Win Processor AND TargetInstance LoadPercentage gt x Error PM Source WinMgmt User Description root CIMV SELECT FROM InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN WHERE TargetInstance ISA Win Processor AND TargetInstance LoadPercentage gt x Error PM Source WinMgmt User Description root CIMV SELECT FROM InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN WHERE TargetInstance ISA Win Processor AND TargetInstance LoadPercentage gt x Error PM Source MsiInstaller User ApolComputer Description Product Google Drive -- Error Could not open key HKEY CURRENT USER Software Google Drive System error Explorer constantly crashing (MiniToolboxLog) Verify that you have sufficient access to that key or contact your support personnel Error PM Source WinMgmt User Description root CIMV SELECT FROM InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN WHERE TargetInstance ISA Win Processor AND TargetInstance LoadPercentage gt x Error PM Source WinMgmt User Description root CIMV SELECT FROM InstanceModificationEvent Explorer constantly crashing (MiniToolboxLog) WITHIN WHERE TargetInstance ISA Win Processor AND TargetInstance LoadPercentage gt x Error PM Source WinMgmt User Description root CIMV SELECT FROM InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN WHERE TargetInstance ISA Win Processor AND TargetInstance LoadPercentage gt x Error PM Source WinMgmt User Description root CIMV SELECT FROM InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN WHERE TargetInstance ISA Win Processor AND TargetInstance LoadPercentage gt x System errors Error PM Source DCOM User Description F - - EDB-BFF -AE BCCF Error PM Source DCOM User Description McNaiAnn C D - AE - A- A- A EF C C Error PM Source DCOM User Description McNaiAnn DC EF E - F- -AB - DA B F Error PM Source DCOM User Description wuauserv E F - A - AA- AC-DB CBF Error PM Source Service Control Manager User Description The Network List Service service depends on the Network Location Awareness service which failed to start because of the following error Error PM Source DCOM User Description fdPHost D DCB - - CE- B- BD D F Error PM Source DCOM User Description fdPHost B -FE A- -A - C AD EF Error PM Source Service Control Manager User Description The Network List Service service depends on the Network Location Awareness service which failed to start because of the following error Error PM Source Service Control Manager User Description The Network List Service service depends on the Network Location Awareness service which failed to start because of the following error Error PM Source Service Control Manager User Description The Network List Service service depends on the Network Location Awareness service which failed to start because of the following error Microsoft Office Sessions Error PM Source WinMgmt User Description root CIMV SELECT FROM InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN WHERE TargetInstance ISA Win Processor AND TargetInstance LoadPercentage gt x Error PM Source WinMgmt User Description root CIMV SELECT FROM InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN WHERE TargetInstance ISA Win Processor AND TargetInstance LoadPercentage gt x Error PM Source WinMgmt User Description root CIMV SELECT FROM InstanceModificationEvent WI... Read more

A:Explorer constantly crashing (MiniToolboxLog)

Win Explorer constantly crashing

this is what I have done so far

disc cleaner
chkdsk
uninstall unecessary programs
cc cleaner reg fix

1) EXACTLY how did you run chkdsk? Here is the correct procedure:
To run checkdisk, right-click on a command prompt icon and open as administrator. In the command prompt window type: chkdsk /r  (then press ENTER). You'll be told the disk is in use and asked if you want to run checkdisk on the next boot. Say yes, exit the command prompt window, and reboot.

2) Uninstalling unnecessary programs has nothing to do with anything.

3) Registry cleaners CAUSE problems, they do not cure them.

4) EXACTLY what happens and exactly WHEN does it happen?

5) What is new or different since the last time everything worked properly (ie, new hw, new sw, virus, error, etc)?

6) Have you run full system scans with BOTH your anti virus app and MalwareBytes? If not, please do so now.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/513750/explorer-constantly-crashing-minitoolboxlog/
Relevancy 68.8%

Recently I have crashing and constantly Explorer.exe restarting been having a problem on a Vista PC It started happening about a week ago and I have yet to find any solution to it The explorer exe crashes and restarts only to crash again a few seconds later This goes on in a continuous Explorer.exe constantly crashing and restarting loop regardless of what I am doing even if I Explorer.exe constantly crashing and restarting leave the system to idle I have also tried running the system in Safe Mode and looking through the processes trees however explorer exe even shows the same symtoms in Safe Mode I have tried several scans already including running virus and maleware scans through Kaspersky Trend Micro Ad-Aware and Counter-Spy all of which came up with nothing I have attempted to copy a explorer exe from another computer and use that instead but still no change I would appreciate any help that you can give I am at a loss here If you need any more info from me I will be glad to provide it nbsp

Relevancy 67.94%

Over the last couple of weeks several things have began to occur which really should not The most recent being that explorer exe seems to 'reference memory that cannot be quot written quot ' and causes + crashing unexplained reboots constantly Explorer.exe an error report prompt to appear - after which all explorer windows running close This is perhaps not so urgent Explorer.exe constantly crashing + unexplained reboots but a great inconvenience Another error that has been occuring is that with no apparent cause the screen will go blank and then begin again at the BIOS screen for a restart - closing all applications of course and causing work to be lost It is sometimes the case that applications will inexplicably be missing once the system has rebooted For example I have in the last weeks lost Internet Explorer Itunes Photoshop CS Windows Media Player and also Explorer.exe constantly crashing + unexplained reboots all the default Windows games during such restarts From memory there is a message upon restarting saying that 'Windows has recovered from a serious problem' I think mentioning something Explorer.exe constantly crashing + unexplained reboots about being caused by a driver problem However when trying to update to more recent drivers I would always find that I am already using the most recent ones available I don't really have the funds to replace my entire PC so hopefully there is something concerning either hardware or software that I can do to cure this Thanks for any help

A:Explorer.exe constantly crashing + unexplained reboots

Sounds like a memory problem to me.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/explorer-exe-constantly-crashing-unexplained-reboots-104716.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi I'm brand-new here Explorer problems, constantly can't more and crashing, fix SFC/scannow so please be gentle when replying I know plenty about Windows and computers in general so you can be fairly technical in your reponses My Gateway LX- has SFC/scannow can't fix problems, Explorer constantly crashing, and more started having problems which apparently I'm seeing could be related to the SFC scannow command not being SFC/scannow can't fix problems, Explorer constantly crashing, and more able to repair files My issues include but are not limited to a Explorer will crash quite frequently but sometimes a reboot lets it keep working for a while without issues b Plex Media Server frequently refuses to play any media but is still running and showing the libraries c Folders in Explorer will randomly choose to take forever to load or never load disk management in Windows will not load etc I am a little lost as to what I should be trying to fix this type of seemingly random problems or what information I need to gather to request any help on it If anyone can help or ask me questions or tell me what information to provide and where to pull it from I'd be VERY appreciative I'm working a new job so I may not respond quickly but that doesn't mean the problems are solved unless I actually post and say so Please help Thank you so much

A:SFC/scannow can't fix problems, Explorer constantly crashing, and more

Can you upload the log that was produced by sfc?

Run this in an elevated command prompt

findstr /c:"[SR]" %windir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log >"%userprofile%\Desktop\sfcdetails.txt"

Then attach the text file to your next post

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/355330-sfc-scannow-cant-fix-problems-explorer-constantly-crashing-more.html
Relevancy 67.51%

I [email protected](a.exe) Problem, crashing explorer.exe constantly!! had been noticing unwanted ads loading in firefox so i ran spybot which found nothing but the problems started last night when i blocked a exe from accessing the internet I opened task manager and noticed acrord exe was using about gb of RAM if that has any significance Then explorer exe started continually crashing and restarting I ran adaware which found registry entries for Virtumonde [email protected](a.exe) Problem, explorer.exe crashing constantly!! malware which I removed restarted and scanned again but they had come back Because of the the problems with explorer i have been unable to [email protected](a.exe) Problem, explorer.exe crashing constantly!! save files so i wasn t able to download DDS and couldn t save the Gmer log However here is the log from Hijackthis Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AppCore AppSvc exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files SyncroSoft Pos H O cledx exe C WINDOWS System M-AudioTaskBarIcon exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C Program Files Elaborate Bytes VirtualCloneDrive VCDDaemon exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Razer Diamondback razerhid exe C Program Files ULI ALi exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Razer Diamondback razerofa exe C WINDOWS system taskmgr exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Winamp winamp exe C Program Files Last fm LastFM exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C WINDOWS system taskmgr exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files totalcmd TOTALCMD EXE c Program Files HijackThis iamabunny exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http google daemonsearch com intl R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http windowsupdate microsoft com O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - E A - - D F-BEAE-D A C - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared coShared Browser NppBho dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO no name - D CB -C CD- c f-BFDC- B AFBDC C - C WINDOWS system awtttTkL dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO no name - A A C - F F- E- -C A - C WINDOWS system geBtRigg dll O - Toolbar Show Norton Toolbar - -F - -B -FBEE C B DF - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared coShared Browser UIBHO dll O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run H O C Program Files SyncroSoft Pos H O cledx exe O - HKLM Run M-Audio Taskbar Icon C WINDOWS System M-AudioTaskBarIcon ... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vitrumonde-w32-ahlem-a-mm-a-exe-problem-explorer-exe-crashing-constantly.779571/
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi I've used this File Explorer crashing with (constantly), directories mostly images in forum many years to find advice now I'm stuck and need to ask a question hopefully in the right section My Window File Explorer is constantly crashing say at least times a day This happens mostly when I open file directories File Explorer crashing (constantly), mostly in directories with images which contain image files some directories with thumbnails some without Occasionally it happens in other directories too It's bloody not helping File Explorer crashing (constantly), mostly in directories with images to get anything done System Windows Pro bit History my previous computer had hardware problems went back and forth to ASUS times in the end there wasn't much left to change first display then harddisk then motherboard plus SSD At a late stage of this back-and-forth I tried to back up my data with Paragon but failed the was an i o conflict - reason ASUS changed the motherboard so I simply copied all contents of my D-drive onto an external harddisk WD MyPassport I finally received an exchange computer from ASUS and copied the entire contents back onto D Ever since my File Explorer is crashing constantly specially when I try to open any directory which contains images or graphic files These crashes occur since day one after I moved the files back onto the freshly installed and virgin Windows system I have since tried all sorts of fixes like clear and reset the thumbnail cache via disk cleanup run Ccleaner TuneUp etc but I seem to get nowhere Currently I cannot do a system repair from DVD because both my system copies on DVD and my external DVD drive the ultrabook doesn't have a built-in DVD are in our camping vehicle which is on a boat being shipped to South America my flight luggage was full without the extra stuff I have access to a repair partition on my computer Any help Thank you

A:File Explorer crashing (constantly), mostly in directories with images

The same thing happened on my machine and after identifying and deleting all corrupt image files the problem remained. The solution for me was to move all user created video files onto an external HD.

Anyway in your case it looks like the culprit is one or more corrupt image files.

Look at item 7 in this article for confirmation.

Windows Explorer Has Stopped Working Fix | gHacks Technology News

If you need help in identifying corrupt images I'll post a link to the software that I use but a simple solution would probably be to suspect the folder that you just opened when explorer crashed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/330473-file-explorer-crashing-constantly-mostly-directories-images.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Explorer.exe has started crashing recently (not randomly, it's always when doing certain things, fully reproduceable). It's the infamous one with exception code 0xc000041d. I followed the steps in this thread and now have the dump file at hand (down there ). If someone could tell me what causes the crash, I'd be real happy and all. If you want more information, I've got lots to give. I've got Win7 64-bit.

A:Explorer crashing constantly, dump file from WinDBG included

Quote: Originally Posted by Morgion

Explorer.exe has started crashing recently (not randomly, it's always when doing certain things, fully reproduceable). It's the infamous one with exception code 0xc000041d. I followed the steps in this thread and now have the dump file at hand (down there ). If someone could tell me what causes the crash, I'd be real happy and all. If you want more information, I've got lots to give. I've got Win7 64-bit.

Hello ! Welcome to SF !

You said it's reproducible so while doing what the Explorer crashes. Please mention the steps. Meanwhile i'll look at the Dump files

- Captain

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/104664-explorer-crashing-constantly-dump-file-windbg-included.html
Relevancy 61.06%

My Windows 7 is constantly crashing during video games and streaming shows. There isn't a BSOD it just shuts down then reboots. Even then it doesn't always reboot all the way. I have tried restoring and antivirus scans though I can't seem to pinpoint the source. Any help or advice would be helpful.

A:My windows 7 is constantly crashing.

Is it happening during one game only or more than one? Cause it sounds to me like there is some sorta hardware issue going on causing it to reboot like that and or a software issue(s) as well. I would open the command prompt and do a sfc /scannow to scan for any system integrity errors. Click start, programs, accessories, then right click on command prompt and select run as administrator. Then type sfc /scannow. Let it scan and see if it finds any issues. If that does not fix the issue post back.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/356461-my-windows-7-constantly-crashing.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hey everyone I am having major issues with Windows install Windows please help! 7 Crashing constantly, on a new build This is my fifth PC to put together but my first windows I am having nothing but troubles out of it At first I was crashing during install after many many tries I finally got it to install Now it will either freeze or give me a BSOD while inside of Windows I tried booting into safe mode and it still does the same thing generally freezing instead of blue screen I have changed power supplies updated bios installed MSI drivers for motherboard but I can't seem to get anything else to work Everytime I try and install the video card drivers it will crash and I have to do a hard reboot I am at wits in and am about ready to start RMAing once piece at a time back to newegg till something works Anyways these are my woes and I am hoping that you guys can help me to figure out what the heck is going wrong with this PC PC Specs Windows 7 Crashing constantly, please help! are as followed MSI S-G AM AMD SATA Gb s ATX Microsoft Windows Home Premium SP -bit AMD Athlon II Windows 7 Crashing constantly, please help! X Propus GHz Socket AM G SKILL Ripjaws Series GB x GB VisionTek Radeon HD APEX AL-D EXP W ATX V Power Supply ASUS DRW- B ST BLK B AS Black SAMSUNG Spinpoint F HD SJ TB RPM SATA I have also uploaded the data I retrieved from the dump files I received today

A:Windows 7 Crashing constantly, please help!

Hi GateKeeper07 and welcome to SF!
Follow Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions
guidelines.
It helps us to help you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/170869-windows-7-crashing-constantly-please-help.html
Relevancy 61.06%

I have a problem I will try to be as detailed as possible Computer ASUS laptop X S OS Windows premium bit Antivirus software ESET For the last couple of months whenever my computer has updates that require restart my personalized setting e g screen saver picture my work and personal files on the desktop toolbar icons constantly 7 crashing Windows I ve chosen etc will vanish after the computer has restarted the screen will look the way it did when I first purchased it with the generic brand logo on it and all my files Windows 7 constantly crashing settings are gone However after fiddling with it for a few minutes usually restarting it a few times my personal settings would show up again I turned off automatic updating after this happened a few times A few days later however my computer seemed to have a mental breakdown if I tried turning it on main user account-administrator the screen would sometimes go blank although it was still on my personal desktop screen saver and tool bar Windows 7 constantly crashing icons were there but all of my files and icons and personal settings on the desktop would be gone and I couldn t open anything including the start menu nothing worked Interestingly if I log in as another user non-administrator most programs will work albeit not very well I then Windows 7 constantly crashing tried starting it in safe mode When I log in to my main account i e administrator user in safe mode a box comes up every few seconds saying windows explorer has stopped working then another comes up windows explorer is restarting This is incessant However this doesn t happen when I log in as another user although it happens when I'm also in regular mode in my main account i e administraor user The computer does not automatically engage startup repair I have to do it myself and when I do it says nothing is wrong When I do Command Prompt SFc Sannow it says windows resource protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of the problems Details are included in the CBS log I have tried performing a clean boot and that didn t help in any manner In the past then I have had problems with my laptop I have been able to select the option that allows you to restore the settings to an earlier time However when I tried it this time a box came up saying no earlier save times have been saved or made or something to that effect I don t remember the exact wording My anti-virus software ESET when I perform a diagnosis system rescue says that windows AIK ADK is corrupt or not installed When I have tried installing AIK ADK on my computer from the windows website nothing changed As a side note a friend of mine says my OS is corrupt He suggested I load windows again However when I put the first disc in my CD tray either in safe mode or regular nothing happens how I do force my computer to engage the windows Cd rom before activating the corrupt OS which gets everything stuck again Any help would be greatly appreciated Does anybody know what the heck is wrong with my computer

A:Windows 7 constantly crashing

Hold F2  or repeatedly press it; shortly after power on. this will get you into bios where you can set the dvd drive as first boot option.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/525606/windows-7-constantly-crashing/
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi I have been having a big problem with my computer lately I have a VAIO CS series running windows home premium bit and in the past month it has started to shut down randomly not even going through the usual motions it just turns off and when I try to to turn it back on it continues to turn off even before the system has booted up After a couple of tries of restarting it the recovery program comes up and has said a couple of different things like a driver is preventing windows from starting changes to key settings may be preventing windows from starting a recent patch or upgrade may Windows randomly crashing constantly 7 be preventing windows from starting Its mainly these three things that are coming up after the recovery Windows 7 constantly crashing randomly process goes through Also I have tried to restore the computer to a point before it starting shutting down randomly but it is still doing it I have read a couple of forums and a possible problem might be from it overheating which could be possible because I think for this series the fan can malfunction and the bottom of my computer gets hot fast and sometimes the fan makes a weird loud noise I have tried uninstalling programs that I though were the cause but nothing is working If someone could please help I would really appreciate it Thanks

A:Windows 7 constantly crashing randomly

If the bottom gets real hot and the fan makes noise - take it to the shop.
The more you try to operate it this way, the more likely it is to cause damage.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/50185-windows-7-constantly-crashing-randomly.html
Relevancy 60.63%

There is a very annoying issue with my Windows Pro bit For some unknown reason sound stops working several times a day Audio usually crashes when I start pause unpause or stop a video XBMC KMPlayer Youtube crashing constantly Sound on Windows 8.1 music game or anything that involves sound The only thing what can make audio work again is restarting Windows Audio Service This crash does not happen in every case only several times a day One more interesting symptom when I listen to music on foobar and audio crashes then the playback of music doesn't stop sound is still working Sound constantly crashing on Windows 8.1 only on foobar anywhere else it stops but I cannot change the volume inside foobar Once I stop the Sound constantly crashing on Windows 8.1 music stream and try to start it again then the sound does not work at all in foobar either This problem exists on laptop's built in speaker audio jack and HDMI output too Interesting though when sound is on HDMI output and crashes Windows system sounds such as sound for UAC prompt are still working but they are outputted to the built in laptop speaker My laptop is ASUS K VJ Previously I had Windows installed it didn't have the issue This is a clean Windows install not an upgrade from Windows I have been looking for the solution for months but haven't found it yet Reinstallation of drivers does not help Anybody else having similar issue If so have you found a solution or just an explanation of what is causing this

A:Sound constantly crashing on Windows 8.1

I have exactly the same issue and have seached everywhere to find more about the problem / fix. This is the only thread that explains exactly what i experience with my audio too. I need to restart AudioSrv all the time after Video/Pause/Game bla bla.

My Sys: Windows 8.1 - Realtec Audio Drivers.

The weird part is also, when i completly restart windows, it usually takes more time until audio crashes again (e.g. whole day without a crash). Running parallel sound applications crash the audio faster (e.g. Youtube Video on Pause & Running a Game ). It's just an estimate how it feels. Can't proove though...

http://www.eightforums.com/sound-audio/46561-sound-constantly-crashing-windows-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 60.63%

I have a new self built gaming desktop system running Windows 8.1.   I was having some initial problems but after updating all of the drivers and running a Widows System Repair the system ran fine for 3 or 4 days. 

Today the system stared crashing (BSOD) with blue screen messages stating memory_management and IRQL_not_less_or_equal error messages.  I'm not aware of any new software or drivers that were installed in the past few days.  Sometimes it will crash immediately after a reboot other times it will run for 15 to 20 minutes before crashing. 

In the Event Viewer System log I see a message stating The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck Event ID 1001.

Looking for any suggestions or help to get the system running stable again. Please let me know what system information would be helpful in troubleshooting. 

A:Windows 8.1 Constantly Crashing (BSOD)

Adding the 2 most recent minidump files.  Both show crash caused by ntoskrnl.exe.

minidump memory management.txt   1.83KB
  3 downloads

minidump irql.txt   1.84KB
  3 downloads

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/519441/windows-81-constantly-crashing-bsod/
Relevancy 60.63%

Basically the issue is what the title says. It crashes in the form of not responding, then it freezes a bit, then it works again for a brief second. Help please?

A:Windows 7 Constantly Crashing/Freezing

Hello and welcome Kyle mate if you have not done so run these for starters in safe mode for the first two if need be. (Safe mode = power on tap F8)

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/1538-sfc-scannow-command-system-file-checker.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/433-disk-check.html < use the /f option in Option 2 ifnecessary

http://www.superantispyware.com/

http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/adwcleaner/

download from bleeping computer ? delete any rubbishthese find.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/336110-windows-7-constantly-crashing-freezing.html
Relevancy 60.63%

I recently updated my graphics card driver to the Windows 8 64 bit version...

And when I load Google Chrome (for some reason it always seems to be the desktop Chrome browser that causes this) my computer gets kinda slow for two seconds and then the blue screen of death comes up with the sad face.

It's happened many times, even without opening Chrome as well (I was woken up with the sound of my computer turning on twice throughout the night).

Any idea what's wrong?

A:Windows 8 Constantly Crashing recently

Well, Windows has the ability to recover from video driver crashes. That seems to indicate that it's something a little deeper. What video card? What driver and version?

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/18085-windows-8-constantly-crashing-recently.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Im starting to get frustrated over the progress I lose in my recording mixes etc. All my games crash and the system itself...

Any ideas on what this is about? Just built this PC last weekend.

AMD FX6200
8gb(4x 2gb sticks)G skill ripjaw
WD 640 Gig Black Edition HDD
Maudio audiophile 192
XFX Radeon HD 6770
Win7 SP1

A:Windows 7 constantly freezing/crashing

Do some basic trouble shooting. This could be happening because of bad RAM or an underpowered Power Supply Unit. Download the ISO image for Memtest in my signature and burn the disc to CD using IMGBurn also in my signature. Remove all but one stick of RAM and boot off of the newly created CD and run the tests on each stick of RAM separately. If you get any errors, that stick is bad and needs to be replaced.
Thank you for providing most of your specs. Can you take a look at the PSU sticker and post the Make, Model #, and Wattage?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-constantly-freezing-crashing-640232.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi Everyone I have just built a quot Dream Machine quot for the purpose of graphic design and other intensive activities though not gaming as this is a work PC I won't go into all of the specifications however the PC does use a Gigabyte X -UP motherboard and I have Gigs of Patriot Viper Extreme PC memory installed Initial FSB RAM results are shown below I also installed x Samsung SSDs in RAID The hard drive crashing on constantly 7 System End Windows High transfer rates are truly out of this world - The read speed Windows 7 constantly crashing on High End System is close to Gbps almost made Windows 7 constantly crashing on High End System it Now that I have built an impressive PC I am having trouble making it behave it is a bit like a wild stallion full of raw power but quite frankly untamed Windows x is constantly crashing it crashes about every minutes and it doesn't seem to matter whether the PC is doing work or not I have setup the RAM to use an Xtreme Memory Profile which runs at MHz which is not an issue for my RAM as this is the RAMs natural running speed At any rate I plan to test the RAM for a good hours using MemTest to see if there are any issues on this front I am thinking that there may be a conflict between the motherboards RAID chipset and the SSDs in so far as perhaps the motherboard can't keep up with the SSDs If anybody else has any experience with these kinds of systems and has any suggestions as to why Windows is crashing can you please add your thoughts Kind Regards Davo

A:Windows 7 constantly crashing on High End System

Did you install using a retail disc, purchased from a store ?

( I see your other thread )

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/267399-windows-7-constantly-crashing-high-end-system.html
Relevancy 59.77%

My laptop is running extremely slow and programs such as logonui.exe and explorer.exe are constantly crashing

A:Windows 7 running slow constantly crashing

Hello budlite3851, Did you just remove malware and with what tool?Please run chkdsk in Windows 7

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/477187/windows-7-running-slow-constantly-crashing/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi Everyone I have just built a quot Dream Machine quot for the purpose of graphic design and other intensive activities though not gaming as this is a work PC I won t go into all of the specifications however the PC does use a Gigabyte X -UP motherboard and I have Gigs of Patriot Viper Extreme PC memory installed Initial FSB RAM results are shown below I also installed x Samsung SSDs in RAID The hard drive transfer rates are truly out of this world - The read speed is close to Gbps almost made it Now that I have built an impressive PC I am having trouble making it behave it is End High constantly crashing on 7 System Windows a bit like a Windows 7 constantly crashing on High End System wild stallion full of raw power but Windows 7 constantly crashing on High End System quite frankly untamed Windows Windows 7 constantly crashing on High End System x is constantly crashing it crashes about every minutes and it doesn t seem to matter whether the PC is doing work or not I have setup the RAM to use an Xtreme Memory Profile which runs at MHz which is not an issue for my RAM as this is the RAMs natural running speed At any rate I plan to test the RAM for a good hours using MemTest to see if there are any issues on this front I am thinking that there may be a conflict between the motherboards RAID chipset and the SSDs in so far as perhaps the motherboard can t keep up with the SSDs If anybody else has any experience with these kinds of systems and has any suggestions as to why Windows is crashing can you please add your thoughts Kind Regards Davo nbsp

A:Windows 7 constantly crashing on High End System

what are you running
video card brand and model
cpu
m/board
ram
power supply
brand
model
wattage

check the listings in the bios for 12v line voltages and temperatures and post them

turn off the auto reboot
control panel /system/advanced/startup and recovery settings
then untick the auto reboot box
post any bsod error messages the computer freezes on in full

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-constantly-crashing-on-high-end-system.1079310/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hello guys hope you can give me a hand with this I ve a laptop with Windows Vista Home Premium -bit It has installed the SP The computer is very slow and Windows crashed a couple of minutes after it started I d had problems with the Windows updates in the past so I restored my system to a last week point using the System recovery succesfully Unfortunely that didn t solve the problem I started Windows in Safe mode and altough Windows didn t crash this time each time I opened a new program for the first time Office Outlook Notepad etc the CPU use started to oscillate to for almost a minute I checked the Event viewer and I found several records with the same two messages Message The Cryptographic Services service terminated unexpectedly It has done this time s The number of times changed but it was never below Message Faulting application svchost exe CryptSvc version time stamp x faulting module msvcrt dll version time stamp x ad b exception code xc fault offset x f process id x application start time x ca bde Apparently the CryptSvc service crashing constantly CryptSvc?) suspect: Windows (prob. is stopping constantly I manually disabled this service but the problem persisted However the number of errors was reduced drastically times I m not sure which is the problem Is the CryptSvc malfunctioning Or somethins is messing with that service Why did the CryptSvc start after I disabled it Windows crashing constantly (prob. suspect: CryptSvc?) Please if you need some additional information please let me know Thanks in advance Dave nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-crashing-constantly-prob-suspect-cryptsvc.844108/
Relevancy 58.91%

this is my godmother's system so for the most part i've had to peice together the exact issues but from what she's told me internet explorer and windows explorer crashes constantly while she is online gaming e g pogo com and i have noticed on a previous visit that her homepage was indeed explorer and internet explorer windows constantly crashes changed without her doing so now she has said that is has happened before another thing is that the pc is running slow over all but imo i don't really internet explorer and windows explorer crashes constantly see it i have so far run the online scans as well as her av that runs daily avast also she has run spyware doctor and ccleaner as well as reg mechanic now the only firewall she had which is listed in one of these logs was the windows firewall i installed comodo personal firewall right after the scans were done she has a habit of running av's at one time which was the case up til today and i have put a stop to this however i'm sure there's bits and peices left on her system from norton avg and trend micro pc cillin if you have any advice where to look to get these fully off that would be greatly appreciated but not the main concern right now i have gone online and gotten instructions on how to remove some of the tracking cookies that panda pointed out those would be Zedo Mediaplex Casalemedia and Fastclick but i have not done anything to remove them yet i thought i'd talk to you guys first any and all help is greatly appreciated and thank you in advance Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C Program Files Google Common Google Updater GoogleUpdaterService exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Rogers Update Manager RogersUpdateManager exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsAuxs exe C WINDOWS ehome ehtray exe C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C WINDOWS ALCWZRD EXE C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsTray exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files TheWeatherNetwork WeatherEye WeatherEye exe C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe C WINDOWS ehome mcrdsvc exe C Program Files Logitech SetPoint SetPoint exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe C Program Files Common Files Logitech KHAL KHALMNPR EXE C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor pctsSvc exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe c program files Rogers SelfHealing RogersSelfHelpService exe ANALYSIS - - PROTECTIONS MALWARE SUSPECTS PROTECTIONS Description Version Active Updated Trend Micro PC-Cillin Internet Security No No MALWARE Id Description Type Active Severity Disinfectable Disinfected Location Cookie Casalemedia TrackingCookie No Yes No C Documents and Settings Caroline Bailey Application Data Mozilla Firefox Profiles zeik x default cookies txt casalemedia com Cookie Casalemedia TrackingCookie No Yes No C Documents and Settings Caroline Bailey Application Data Mozilla Firefox Profiles zeik x default cookies txt casalemedia com Cookie Casalemedia TrackingCookie No Yes No C Documents and Settings Caroline Bailey Application Data Mozilla Firefox Profiles zeik x default cookies txt casalemedia com Cookie Casa... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/internet-explorer-and-windows-explorer-crashes-constantly-288386.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi I have windows Vista Home premium bit OS installed on my computer For the past week or so my computer has been acting really weird and running explorer crashing, crashing, Windows isn't working. FF chrome loading isn't and extremely slow Firefox won t load some pages Windows explorer crashing, FF isn't loading and crashing, chrome isn't working. Most sites that equire secure sign-ins take ages Like ebay and online bankings HSBC etc and then for Windows explorer crashing, FF isn't loading and crashing, chrome isn't working. some reason my browser goes offline out of the blue tells me that I can t browse because the browser is working offline happens a lot more on IE than Fiefox though but it does happen on both Also sometimes firefox shuts down on its own without any warning or an error message when I download something clicking on the recently downloaded programme doesn t open it when I right click and then open the folder containing the downloaded item even the folder doesn t open and when I try to manually open the quot download quot folder or sometimes even when I try to open control panel I get a message windows explorer has stopped working and is restarting sometimes not even the message and windows explorer just crashes on it s own without any error I ve tried using google chome but sometimes it just won t load pages I click on the plus tab and type the adress some it would load but some it won t no matter what the page stays blank which is weid because I ve used Chrome before and when you open a new tab the page is never blank instead it shows your previously opened pages or the history unless you specifically tell chrome to not show frequently visted pages sites which I haven t done Chrome does show frequently visited sites sometimes and when it does sites do load when I type the address on the address bar but sometimes it s just blank and when I type an address when it s blank it doesn t load anything Also windows explorer shuts down and restarts on it s own at least every hour or so yesterday I installed avast virus scanner and scanned my computer it showed some exe infected files I got avast to delete them And then ran spybot but S amp D keeps crashing or takes ages to check for infected files a lot more than it used to Most programmes on my computer either crash themselves or they crash windows explorer and restarts explorer after a few minutes and I have to re-open the programme like for example when I try to open MS word or Photoshop etc What can I do please help me nbsp

A:Windows explorer crashing, FF isn't loading and crashing, chrome isn't working.

Also the infected files that avast found were called win32:MalOb-AL and JSownloader-EH.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-explorer-crashing-ff-isnt-loading-and-crashing-chrome-isnt-working.932909/
Relevancy 58.48%

In "pictures" a sign appears telling that windows explorer is faulty, then pictures is cancelled and the display reverts to desktop.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/1386d31b-12ef-4c78-a159-da1b748858cf/windows-explorer-fault?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 58.05%

Im running windows ultimate I dont know totally system specs It's a custom rig that I purchased about months ago I dont think the specs matter anyway because I don't believe this is a hadware problem but a windows problem Ok So about a month ago I was unlucky enough to pick up a virus infection somewhere you know those fake anti virus ones that totally destroy your system and leave you helpless It started this whole chain of events that lasted two weeks adobe in crashing, Explorer plug crashing. Windows and ended up with me running in safe mode for more than a week trying to fix the problem I tried restoring my computer via system restore a few times and got an error every time - which in turn 'damaged' Windows Explorer crashing, adobe plug in crashing. my restore points so I no longer can use this option So I figured I would reinstall windows and fix it Sadly whatever was on my comp as turned my CD drives DVD and bruner into dead weight - they won't read a thing So I got Dlite and mounted the CD to a virtual drive and tried to install it that way but for whatever reason it gives me an error and reboot and wont finish the install It does however take me too the new log in screen which gives me an error when I try to create a new log in for the new windows I was able to get back into the old windows install and managed to delete the new one Anyway I eventually was able to get spyware docter and a few other programs to run in safe mode and I cleaned the comp of all virus's BUT when I tried to run windows normally it would barely run at all Start up was slow browers would either not open at all of freeze when they did and eventually windows explorer would just crash and I would have to reset to computer Eventually I just gave up and ran the comp in safe mode to do the things I needed to do two weeks ago I decided to give it another go and try and fix it and when I loaded windows normally it ran fine - absolutely no problems what so ever Then days later it started the freezing and crashing again I would run it in safe mode and run spyware docter thinking I am infected again and it would remove minor stuff like tracking cookies and such when I would restart it would run fine for about a day and do the same thing again I dont know alot of computers so please dont respond like a jerk and tell me I forgot this info or that info Im old trying to keep up with technology and I just want this thing to work

A:Windows Explorer crashing, adobe plug in crashing.

go back to safe mode with networking and install, update, and run a full scan with malwarebytes
Malwarebytes : Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is a free download that removes viruses and malware from your computer
(free version will work for this)

After that has completed and done it's work
See this link.

You really need to get a hardware cd/dvd drive.
The virtual drive is no good for what you are trying to use it for.
...Daemon tools has in and of itself been known to cause problems on some windows 7 systems.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/193911-windows-explorer-crashing-adobe-plug-crashing.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi there I have had a few problems with my custom built browsers files crashing. crashing, constantly BSOD, exe computer I believed at first BSOD, exe files constantly crashing, browsers crashing. that I had malware BSOD, exe files constantly crashing, browsers crashing. and virus issues however a nice technician on the virus forums said there was no problem I am receiving the dreaded Blue Screen of Death fairly frequently I am not playing any games just browsing the internet when it happens Secondly my browsers both Mozilla and IE are both crashing very frequently - Mozilla comes up with a report message saying it has crashed and asks me whether to send or not to send the report whereas IE reloads the tabs frequently but to a point the page cannot be reloaded and has to be closed down As well as this a lot of my executable files are crashing - I am getting error messages from things like java flash avg my BSOD, exe files constantly crashing, browsers crashing. network card windows messenger etc saying that they have crashed This problem is happening very frequently I cannot seem to go half an hour without browsing with no problem If anyone could help it would be VERY MUCH appreciated Thanks

A:BSOD, exe files constantly crashing, browsers crashing.

You need to post some hardware details about your custom built computer.
Something is unstable and it could well be the memory modules.

In addition, when you see a BSoD click details, it will generally state which executable caused the problem.

I would be tempted to look for a copy of memtest and run some memory diagnostics.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/bsod-exe-files-constantly-crashing-browsers-crashing-501678.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Running Windows Vista bit with SP I am getting regular lock ups and from what I have researched I have a malware issue After searching this forum I decided a Having up and Explorer.exe locking windows fault to download and run HiJack this and put the log up in hopes of some advanced help Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files Common Files Dell apache bin httpd exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows WindowsMobile wmdc exe C Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtcmd exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe Having a Explorer.exe fault and windows locking up c PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe c PROGRA mcafee msc mcuimgr exe C Windows System wscript exe C Users Brad Downloads HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar Preserve R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Having a Explorer.exe fault and windows locking up Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Internet Explorer provided by Dell R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO AskBar BHO - f d - - d - c -aa e ed - C Program Files AskBarDis bar bin askBar dll O - BHO McAntiPhishingBHO - C E- F E- D C- F-F BD D CF - c PROGRA mcafee msk mcapbho dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO Search Helper - EBF - F- bff-A F-B E AAC B - C Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack Search Helper SearchHelper dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO scriptproxy - DB D A - - E -B D- F C - C Program Files McAfee VirusScan scriptsn dll O - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO Vuze Remote Toolbar - ba e- - -b f - e d cc - C Program Files Vuze Remote tbVuz dll O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO Windows Live Toolbar Helper - E A DC - - A - EA-DC EC ACF - C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar wltcore dll O - Toolbar amp Windows Live Toolbar - FA EF- D- D - B F- A D - C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar wltcore dll O - Toolbar Ask Toolbar - d e-fd b- e -b - d b f - C Program Files AskBarDis bar bin askBar dll O - Toolbar Vuze Remote Toolbar - ba e- - -b f - e d cc - C Program Files Vuze Remote tbVuz dll O - HKLM Run Windows Mobile Device Center windir WindowsMobile wmdc exe O - HKLM Run dellsupportcenter quot C Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtcmd exe quot P dellsupportcenter O - HKCU Run Google Update quot C Users Brad AppData Local Google Update GoogleUpdate exe quot c O - HKCU Run WMPNSCFG C Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNSCFG exe O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe detectMem User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - Run WindowsWelcomeCenter rundll exe oobefldr dll ShowWelcomeCenter User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - ... Read more

A:Having a Explorer.exe fault and windows locking up

Have I stumped the experts?
47 views and noone replies?

I will toss this on another forum and seek help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/having-a-explorer-exe-fault-and-windows-locking-up.958708/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hello techies I tried a post on reddit r techsupport but my problem got lost and I m getting no response Hopefully someone here crashing constantly BSODs without Won't and boot launching programs windows repair, will be able to guide me so I stop breaking my computer I recently attempted to upgrade my rig and in the process fried my mobo and processor that is it s own saga Since replacing my parts I ve had nothing but trouble with Windows Though initially everything seemed to run fine after a couple days I began getting random crashes after Won't boot without launching windows repair, programs constantly crashing and BSODs SP failed to install From there my drive began to glitch out of control and began to endlessly Won't boot without launching windows repair, programs constantly crashing and BSODs reboot without getting past the load screen The past three days have been an endless battle with my boot manager and my install discs I have two SSDs and HDD - I ve been trying to get Windows or even Ubuntu stable on any of them So far only Windows on my HDD seems to run glitch-free but of course I d rather run my OS off one of my SSDs Now finally I ve got Windows running on my GB SSD Kingston My other GB SSD SanDisk which I was able to get Ubuntu on and use to reformat my other disks doesn t appear as a drive under my computer though it does appear under the Disk Manager and as Active and doesn t allow me to reformat it so I can use it as storage I unplugged this drive since I ve been having so many problems with the boot drives I was able to get all my drivers and ninite programs installed as well as critical updates like SP on the Kingston Every time I reboot my computer I get brought to a screen with two options Launch Windows Repair or Start Windows Normally Choosing the latter option causes a BSOD and a reboot Choosing the former gives me a screen with a loading bar quot Loading Windows Files quot and then sends me back to the previous screen where I can successfully choose to Start Windows Normally Even though I m in I m running into constant problems where Chrome its extensions and other programs will continually crash When idling on the desktop my computer is fine for a bit but as soon as I start doing any tasks it s a coin flip whether or not I get a BSOD I have to go through the same process every time I reboot my computer I know I must have corrupted my drive somehow when I was trying to reformat and reinstall Windows This is the same installation disk I used to install it originally and it worked fine for probably a year prior I m tired of guess work and trying to fix this myself when I have no idea what is going on or what I m doing If anybody has experience dealing with faulty OSs and drives please share your knowledge and help me out I just want my baby back to normal Here are my specs CPU Intel Core i - GHz Quad-Core Processor Motherboard Biostar H MGV Micro ATX LGA Motherboard Memory Corsair GB x GB DDR - Memory Storage Kingston HyperX GB quot Solid State Drive Storage Sandisk SSD PLUS GB quot Solid State Drive Storage Seagate Barracuda TB quot RPM Internal Hard Drive Video Card Sapphire Radeon R X GB Dual-X Video Card Case Cooler Master Elite ATX Mid Tower Case Power Supply Thermaltake W Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply Additional steps log When trying to boot in Safe Mode it gets hung up at ClassPNP sys and reboots Don t know if that s helpful information Read on a similar post here that running SeaTools might be a good idea Loaded it up on a USB and ran it a Long Test on my Kingston drive It passed Currently running a test on my Seagate for the hell of it Will continue scouring tech forums for further avenues nbsp

A:Won't boot without launching windows repair, programs constantly crashing and BSODs

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wont-boot-without-launching-windows-repair-programs-constantly-crashing-and-bsods.1145284/
Relevancy 58.05%

Forgive me, for I'm completely and technologically illiterate, but I purchased new computer parts, have installed the OS and appropriate up-to-date drivers for everything and am now being plagued by BSODS. Such as:
-DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
-SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
-PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
-KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

You get the point. Anyways, all of these seem to have an error with the "ntoskrnl.exe" file (Found that out using BlueScreenView). I have passed memtest86, Windows Memory Diagnostics, Video Memory Stress Tests and the chkdsk /f /r commands in the Command Prompt.

System specs:
Windows 7 Home Premium64-bit (Purchased OEM, installed myself)
G.Skill 4096Mb (2x2GB) RAM
1Tb Seagate Barracuda Internal HDD - 7200, 6Gb/sec
Asus P8H61M-LE/CSM 1155 Intel Motherboard
Asus GTX 550Ti 192-bit Graphics Card (1Gb onboard RAM)
Antec Earthwatts 500W Continuous Power PSU 80+Bronze
Intel Core i3-2100 3.1GHz

Thanks guys!

Minidump files:

A:BSOD - ntoskrnl.exe constantly at fault?

Hi -

ntoskrnl.exe = Windows NT Kernel. It is listed by default and is most definitely not the cause.

The dumps indicate memory, video and one points to possible HDD failure.

These old Asus drivers may be part of the problem; I suggest updating them -

Code:
ATKDispLowFilter.sys Tue May 13 23:03:13 2008 (482A5671)
asusgsb.sys Thu Sep 27 09:14:50 2007 (46FBACCA)
EIO64.sys Tue Jul 21 22:34:42 2009 (4A667AC2)
http://sysnative.com/0x1/DriverReference.html#EIO64.sys
http://sysnative.com/0x1/DriverReference.html#ATKDispLowFilter.sys
http://sysnative.com/0x1/DriverReference.html#asusgsb.sys

Run HDD diags - http://www.techsupportforum.com/2828431-post7.html

Run memtest86+ - http://www.techsupportforum.com/2863029-post5.html

Test video - Video Card - Stress Test with Furmark

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

BSOD SUMMARY

Code:

Loading Dump File [C:\Users\PalmDesert\_jcgriff2_\dbug\__Kernel__\110311-14414-01.dmp]
Built by: 7601.17640.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.110622-1506
Debug session time: Fri Nov 4 02:14:11.266 2011 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:03:11.577
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KiSystemServiceHandler+7c )
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x3B
PROCESS_NAME: svchost.exe
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x3B_nt!KiSystemServiceHandler+7c
Bugcheck code 0000003B
Arguments 00000000`c000001d fffffa80`07f7c660 fffff880`0606cbc0 00000000`00000000
BiosVersion = 0503
BiosReleaseDate = 07/18/2011
SystemManufacturer = System manufacturer
SystemProductName = System Product Name
MaxSpeed: 3100
CurrentSpeed: 3092
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\PalmDesert\_jcgriff2_\dbug\__Kernel__\110311-14180-01.dmp]
Debug session time: Thu Nov 3 05:04:18.434 2011 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 5:12:30.371
Probably caused by : dxgmms1.sys ( dxgmms1!VIDMM_GLOBAL::BeginCPUAccess+4e )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x3B
PROCESS_NAME: Wow.exe
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x3B_dxgmms1!VIDMM_GLOBAL::BeginCPUAccess+4e
Bugcheck code 0000003B
Arguments 00000000`c0000005 fffff880`02d52ee2 fffff880`088e2e80 00000000`00000000
BiosVersion = 0503
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\PalmDesert\_jcgriff2_\dbug\__Kernel__\110111-19437-01.dmp]
Debug session time: Tue Nov 1 03:37:22.696 2011 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:18:35.007
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+447c6 )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x50
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x50_nt!_??_::FNODOBFM::_string_+447c6
Bugcheck code 00000050
Arguments fffff6fb`cca00232 00000000`00000000 fffff800`02ff6602 00000000`00000002
BiosVersion = 0503
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\PalmDesert\_jcgriff2_\dbug\__Kernel__\103111-18688-01.dmp]
Debug session time: Tue Nov 1 00:47:33.106 2011 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:00:53.418
Probably caused by : ndis.sys ( ndis!ndisMWakeUpDpcX+148 )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0xA
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0xA_ndis!ndisMWakeUpDpcX+148
Bugcheck code 0000000A
Arguments 00000000`00000008 00000000`00000002 00000000`00000001 fffff800`02e89a26
BiosVersion = 0503
SystemMa... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/195382-bsod-ntoskrnl-exe-constantly-fault.html
Relevancy 57.19%

I think I am hit with the dreaded vundo trojan No antivirus or spyware will remove it and its stopped my IE loading any pages now it just crashes I have run combofix exe as suggested by some other posts but this doesn t seem to have made any difference Here is Explorer Please help possible IE Crashing Crashing Windows Vundo the fresh HJT log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Please help IE Crashing Windows Explorer Crashing possible Vundo Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe c Program Files Bioscrypt VeriSoft Bin AsGHost exe C Program Files Motorola SMSERIAL sm hlpr exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Windows RtHDVCpl exe C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAAnotif exe C Program Files HP QuickPlay QPService exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons QLBCTRL exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant HPWAMain exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant WiFiMsg exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update Please help IE Crashing Windows Explorer Crashing possible Vundo hpwuSchd exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Windows System rundll exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Softwin BitDefender bdmcon exe C Program Files Softwin BitDefender bdagent exe C Windows System rundll exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BTTray exe C Windows System rundll exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared HpqToaster exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BtStackServer exe C Program Files Safari Safari exe C Windows system rundll exe C Windows system rundll exe C Program Files Windows Live Please help IE Crashing Windows Explorer Crashing possible Vundo Messenger msnmsgr exe C Windows system Taskmgr exe C Windows system rundll exe C Windows system rundll exe C Windows explorer exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google co uk R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN GB amp c amp bd Pavilion amp pf laptop R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - BHO ed ccce- bf -c b-d c - b a e f - f e a- b - c d-b c- fb eccc de - C Windows system ttgehlfm dll O - BHO no name - A C - C D- c -A B- A B A - C Windows system gidjjdxj dll O - BHO no name - C - A - -AE D- DD C A - C Windows system wVPjKaaw dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - Toolbar no name - C B - - d - B - A CD F - no file O - Toolbar Veoh Browser Plug-in - D - - -A B -AEFAF AB - C Program Files Veoh Networks Veoh Plugins reg VeohToolbar dll O - HKLM Run SMSERIAL C Program Files Motorola SMSERIAL sm hlpr exe O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe O - HKLM Run MSServer rundll exe C Windows system hgGyvtQI dll O - HKLM Run RtHDVCpl RtHDVCpl exe O - HKLM Run IAAnotif C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager iaanotif exe O - HKLM Run QPService quot C Program Files HP QuickPlay QPService exe quot O - HKLM Run QlbCtrl ProgramFiles Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons QlbCtrl exe Start O - HKLM Run HP Health Check Scheduler C Prog... Read more

A:Please help IE Crashing Windows Explorer Crashing possible Vundo

Please can a moderator close this thread as I help has begun on a different thread. I posted this one as I thought my old thread had been lost in time and space. Sorry for any inconvenience.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/please-help-ie-crashing-windows-explorer-crashing-possible-vundo.716195/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hello folks I m running WinXP Home My Windows Explorer Internet Explorer and My Computer all take a tremendously LONG time to open up a new window Once open they run smoothly and fast I have isolated what I believe is PART of the problem - ccApp exe is running on my system ccApp as many of you know I m sure is a part of NAV that runs on startup to make sure that all the installed NAV pieces load correctly or at least that s what I understand from Symantec s web site This includes AutoProtect I is think IE NAV and My VERY at Explorer, slow, Windows fault... Computer, start Norton Anti-spams pop-up blocking etc When I disable ccApp IE and WE run like a champ - fast quick zippy etc Very nice When I reenable ccApp things bog down again Now I m thinking that it really isn t ccApp s problem Windows Explorer, My Computer, and IE start VERY slow, I think NAV is at fault... as I know other people with it running on their machine but rather that it is something that ccApp is starting that is the culprit I don t really want to disable ccApp because when I do my Norton Anti-Spam s pop-up blocking no longer works Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks Ryan P S I ve attached a HJT log in case anyone wants to look at it ----------- Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINNT System smss exe C WINNT system winlogon exe C WINNT system services exe C WINNT system lsass exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINNT system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccProxy exe C WINNT system cisvc exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus AdvTools NPROTECT EXE C WINNT System nvsvc exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus SAVScan exe C WINNT System tcpsvcs exe C WINNT System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C WINNT System MsPMSPSv exe C WINNT Explorer EXE C WINNT System CTHELPER EXE C Program Files Microsoft Hardware Keyboard type exe C WINNT PCHealth HelpCtr Binaries MSConfig exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C program files steam steam exe C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe C Program Files Yahoo Messenger ypager exe C Program Files Palm HOTSYNC EXE C Program Files Windows Media Player wmplayer exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C WINNT system cidaemon exe C PROGRA COMMON SONYSH AVLib Sptisrv exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page bak http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - Default URLSearchHook is missing O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SideStep Browser Helper - - - BD- A -D FF C CE - C WINNT Downloaded Program Files SbCIe dll O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - BHO WebHighlighter utility - EBDCEF - - E -BBE - CC CE - C Program Files PC Magazine Utilities Web Highlighter WebH dll O - BHO no name - FDD B - D - ffb- - B AD ACC - C Program Files Microsoft Money System mnyviewer dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINNT System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - HKLM Run WINDVDPatch CTHELPER EXE O - HKLM Run UpdReg C WINNT UpdReg EXE O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINNT System NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run Keyboard Preload Check C OEMDRVRS KEYB Preload exe DEVID CLASS Keyboard RunValue quot Keyboar... Read more

A:Windows Explorer, My Computer, and IE start VERY slow, I think NAV is at fault...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-explorer-my-computer-and-ie-start-very-slow-i-think-nav-is-at-fault.250644/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hello every time my computer restarts a explorer exe crashes the fault module is msvcr dll I ve tried various things suggested on other websites like as running quot sfc scannnow quot in the command prompt doing a system restore and booting in safe mode In safe mode everything is OK I ran Malwarebytes and turned out nothing I disabled the startup processes and it still crashes It seems to have started after I created an mkv file from quot mkvmerge quot I uninstalled same problem Reinstall same problem The exact error is this Problem Event Name APPCRASH Application Name Explorer exe Application Version Application Timestamp aeba Fault working. Fault: Windows MSVCR80.dll Explorer has stopped Module Name MSVCR dll Fault Module Timestamp a ff Exception Code c Exception Offset fe OS Version Locale ID Additional Information a e Additional Information a e d b ad b a e Additional Information a e Additional Information a e d b ad b a e Any help will be greatly appreciated EDIT I noticed that when I quot Restart Windows Explorer has stopped working. Fault: MSVCR80.dll the program quot in the error message and have the Task Manager opened dllhost exe appears then disappears I know msvcr dll and dllhos exe are part of the dynamic library Even though I disabled the start ups a SolidWorks programs still runs sldShellExtServer exe When I end process and quot Restart the program quot it reappears nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-explorer-has-stopped-working-fault-msvcr80-dll.961087/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hello every time my computer restarts a Explorer working. has MSVCR80.dll topped Fault: Windows explorer exe crashes the fault module is msvcr dll I ve tried various things suggested on other websites like as running quot sfc scannnow quot in the command prompt doing a system restore and booting in safe mode In safe mode everything is OK I ran Malwarebytes and turned out nothing I disabled the startup processes and it still crashes It seems to have started after I created Windows Explorer has topped working. Fault: MSVCR80.dll an mkv Windows Explorer has topped working. Fault: MSVCR80.dll file from quot mkvmerge quot I uninstalled same problem Reinstall same problem The exact error is this Problem Event Name APPCRASH Application Name Explorer exe Application Version Application Timestamp aeba Fault Module Name MSVCR dll Fault Module Timestamp a ff Exception Code c Exception Offset fe OS Version Locale ID Additional Information a e Additional Information a e d b ad b a e Additional Information a e Additional Information a e d b ad b a e Any help will be greatly appreciated EDIT I noticed that when I quot Restart the program quot in the error message and have the Task Manager opened dllhost exe appears then disappears I know msvcr dll and dllhos exe are part of the dynamic library Even though I disabled the start ups a SolidWorks programs still runs sldShellExtServer exe When I end process and quot Restart the program quot it reappears

A:Windows Explorer has topped working. Fault: MSVCR80.dll

Boot from your Windows installation disk and select 'Repair your computer' or you could do an 'upgrade re-install repair'.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/359168/windows-explorer-has-topped-working-fault-msvcr80dll/
Relevancy 56.76%

This started happening three days ago and happens about once every day and now once every few hours After a certain amount of time Windows Internet etc. explorer, Windows media freezing/crashing explorer, player, many programs will suddenly freeze crash fail to show a window etc For example explorer exe will become nonresponsive internet explorer will crash and when restarted will lock up and become nonresponsive windows media player will not produce a window although wmplayer exe is launched and system restore will not display a window although rstrui exe is launched Before the first occurrence the programs work fine however after they experience that problem once Internet explorer, Windows explorer, Windows media player, etc. freezing/crashing they continue to experience the problem Also they seem to be Internet explorer, Windows explorer, Windows media player, etc. freezing/crashing somehow linked for example if internet explorer crashes and fails to display windows properly becomes nonresponsive trying to use Windows media player later will not work either I should also note that nothing is hogging the CPU during this time However some programs are completely unaffected For example Firefox works completely fine Office works fine Process explorer works fine along with most of my non-Windows programs What I amp m starting to guess is that there is some problem with my graphics related to parts of the operating system and programs close to it but I amp m not sure Most of the time simply restarting the computer doesn amp t solve the problem I system restore to provide a temporary fix by going into Safe Mode and starting system restore from there back to long before the problem ever occurred The problem is often gone for a day or so but then comes back even though I amp ve restored back very far I amp ve also tried booting from the amp Last known good configuration amp but that doesn amp t help either I also can amp t seem to find a definite trigger for the problem sometimes it amp s opening a new tab sometimes I just try to launch a program and the problem starts Again this problem just started a few days ago it amp s never occurred before Also I haven amp t installed any programs changed settings etc for a long time Some computer information that may help Dell XPS M Intel Core Duo T Ghz processor GB RAM Windows XP Service Pack Nvidia GEForce M GS MB DirectX c Internet Explorer Explorer exe version GDI dll version My apologies if it isn amp t enough if needed I amp ll supply more information Anyway if you have a solution to the problem I would greatly appreciate it Thanks Edit I found a definite trigger opening Windows explorer to C will crash it nbsp

A:Internet explorer, Windows explorer, Windows media player, etc. freezing/crashing

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-explorer-windows-explorer-windows-media-player-etc-freezing-crashing.885014/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi all I recently got an error message on Windows Explorer explorer exe Below as follows is the event properties taken from the Event Viewer Log Name Application Source Application Error Date PM Event ID Task Category Level Error Keywords Classic User N A Computer LOKEKENGLEONGPC Description Faulting application name explorer exe version time stamp x d ee Faulting module name CSRBthFtpShellExt dll unloaded version time stamp x a ccc f Exception code xc Fault offset x fee a e Faulting process id x Faulting application start time x cd ce Faulting application path C Windows explorer exe Faulting module path CSRBthFtpShellExt dll Report Id e -e - e - b a-b fe a Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot Error quot gt lt System gt lt Provider Name Windows Explorer Module Name: CSRBthFtpShellExt.dll_unlo (BEX64) Fault quot Application Error quot gt lt EventID Qualifiers quot quot gt lt EventID gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task Windows Explorer (BEX64) Fault Module Name: CSRBthFtpShellExt.dll_unlo gt lt Task gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z Windows Explorer (BEX64) Fault Module Name: CSRBthFtpShellExt.dll_unlo quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Channel gt Windows Explorer (BEX64) Fault Module Name: CSRBthFtpShellExt.dll_unlo Application lt Channel gt lt Computer gt LOKEKENGLEONGPC lt Computer gt lt Security gt lt System gt lt EventData gt lt Data gt explorer exe lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt d ee lt Data gt lt Data gt CSRBthFtpShellExt dll unloaded lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt a ccc f lt Data gt lt Data gt c lt Data gt lt Data gt fee a e lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt cd ce lt Data gt lt Data gt C Windows explorer exe lt Data gt lt Data gt CSRBthFtpShellExt dll lt Data gt lt Data gt e -e - e - b a-b fe a lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt Hope this doesnt overload your mind as there are more to come Even before this error occurred I have other issues with Windows Explorer but bear the difference is that the problem event is APPCRASH instead of BEX Event Viewer Log Name Application Source Application Error Date PM Event ID Task Category Level Error Keywords Classic User N A Computer LOKEKENGLEONGPC Description Faulting application name Explorer EXE version time stamp x d ee Faulting module name msvcrt dll version time stamp x eeb f Exception code xc d Fault offset x Faulting process id xe c Faulting application start time x cd f b cba c Faulting application path C Windows Explorer EXE Faulting module path C Windows system msvcrt dll Report Id a c -cb f- e - af -b fe a Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot Error quot gt lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Application Error quot gt lt EventID Qualifiers quot quot gt lt EventID gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Channel gt Application lt Channel gt lt Computer gt LOKEKENGLEONGPC lt Computer gt lt Security gt lt System gt lt EventData gt lt Data gt Explorer EXE lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt d ee lt Data gt lt Data gt msvcrt dll lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt eeb f lt Data gt lt Data gt c d lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt e c lt Data gt lt Data gt cd f b cba c lt Data gt lt Data gt C Windows Explorer EXE lt Data gt lt Data gt C Windows system msvcrt dll lt Data gt lt Data gt a c -cb f- e - af -b fe a lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt From now on all the reports here are shown from Problem Reports type quot prob reports quot in Search Source Windows Explorer Summary Stopped working Date PM Status Report sent Description Faulting Application Path C Windows explorer exe Problem signature Problem Event Name BEX Application Name explorer exe Application Version Application Timestamp d ee Fault Module Name CSRBthFtpShellExt dll unloaded Fault Module Version Fault Module Timestamp a ccc f Exception Offset fee a e Exception Code c Exception... Read more

A:Windows Explorer (BEX64) Fault Module Name: CSRBthFtpShellExt.dll_unlo

Hello and welcome to Sevenforums.
Having crashes upon the .explorer usually reveals problems in the Windows Context Menu. I'd suggest you to download a software called ShellExView. The idea of ShellExView is to figure out, what shell extension is causing your explorer to crash.Use the software with this procedure- Disable one extension that doesn't belong to Microsoft. In many cases there are running 3rd party shell extension along Windows, and may cause the crash. If the crash persist, undo the selection, and proceed to the next non-Microsoft extension. Keep doing so, until you've found the culprit.

Download Malwarebytes. Malwarebytes will investigate malware and worm targets, and try to remove them. It's very handy in that manner.Run a full scan of it twice or more. In many cases it won't detect malware in the first shot.

To ensure Windows isn't broken, we'll recommend the sfc /scannow command.Here's how- Press Start | search 'cmd' | Right-click it
| open as Admin | type SFC /SCANNOW

SFC /scannow

If the steps didn't work, Create a new User Account on your system. The current user account you're using, may be broken and corrupted.

Best Regards,
Frederik.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/248312-windows-explorer-bex64-fault-module-name-csrbthftpshellext-dll_unlo.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi there

My problem is that my son's xbox and my laptop constantly disconnect, with the laptop saying it is connected to the internet but there is no network access. It also says the IP is invalid or not recognised even though it is. My other laptop is fine. The wireless internet constantly cuts out if you move to another room for eg and in certain rooms there is no signal at all, despite me staying on a one level house and the rooms in question only being a few feet away from the router. I am so frustrated with this and virgin usually say it is on the wrong channel but it isnt their fault. Any help or ideas as I every night this is an issue.

Thanks

A:Xbox and laptop constantly disconnect - virgin says not their fault? any ideas?

are all devices connected by wireless ?

we really need to see an xirrus screen shot from each PC and also in the xbox location

1) can we see an xirrus screen shot from the laptop that never disconnects
2) can we see an xirrus screen shot from the laptop that often disconnects
3)1) can we see an xirrus screen shot from one of the laptops in the position of the xbox
Make sure we know which is which

if the laptop that often disconnects is used next to the laptop that never disconnects - does it still disconnect

the xirrus screen shot will give us information on possible other wireless interference

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Run Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector
Download and install
If you cannot access the internet with this PC, then you will need to copy the program across to the faulty PC
Save the file to a USB flash drive or other removable media. Plug it into the working computer with internet access and copy the file and install the program.
You will now need to take a screen shot and copy that back to the working PC and attach the screen shot in a reply on the forum here.

http://www.xirrus.com/Products/Wi-Fi-Inspector.aspx
Direct link to the program is here http://info.xirrus.com/Wi-FiInspectorConfirmation.html

{If the above link does not work heres another link http://www.pcworld.com/downloads/file_download/fid,77196-order,4/download.html}

Then run and install the program - on a wireless enabled PC/Laptop
if you get an error - You need will need to have NET Framework installed for the WiFi Inspector to function.
On windows 8 - (i do not have windows 8) but, it would appear that, When you first try to run, you may get a message that .net framework is needed, and included in that message is a link to download/install.

Run the program

A user guide is available here http://www.xirrus.com/cdn/pdf/Xirrus-Wi-Fi-inspectorguide-1-2-1-RevB-6.aspx

post a screen shot of the program running.
if there are a lot of networks showing can you click on "networks" top lefthand area - so we can see all the network information.

post which SSID name is yours, its located in the list, under network "Adapter Name" (1st column)

To post a screen shot of the active window.
1) hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application (Start> All Programs> Accessories> Paint) and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file.
OR
2) if you are using Vista/Windows 7 you can use the "snipping tool" which is found in Start> All programs> Accessories> Snipping Tool

To upload the screen shot to the forum, open the full reply window ("Go Advanced" button) and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here.
Full details are available here http://library.techguy.org/wiki/TSG_Posting_a_Screenshot

Note:
For a reliable (or robust as the Xirrus user guide says) wireless connection you need a signal of about -70 dBm or better. "A desirable signal level for a robust Wi-Fi connection will be green".
note: the signal level is a negative number, so for example -88 is worst and -40 is better

If you are using the Mac OS then use http://www.istumbler.net/ or
if you want to optimise base station position and signal strength / dead spots use
http://www.chimoosoft.com/products/apgrapher/ which has a graph function to monitor signal
------------------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xbox-and-laptop-constantly-disconnect-virgin-says-not-their-fault-any-ideas.1078909/
Relevancy 55.47%

I'm running XP Professional 2002 Service Pack 3 and using Firefox 3.6.10
Windows Explorer is constantly telling me it needs to close to protect my computer. Is there anything I can do to stop this? It happens quite frequently and is getting really annoying.

A:Windows Explorer Constantly Crashes

Go to Start/Run and type eventvwr.msc and hit enter. In the Event Viewer go to System and Application on the Left and see if there are any Red X's listed. If so, double click them and read on what application or driver is causing the crash and post here.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-explorer-constantly-crashes-547084.html
Relevancy 55.47%

My computer is infected with the Vista Security virus.

I am unable to access the internet or start scanning programs.

It has now begun to put up a window saying winows explorer is shutting down. Then it says windows explorer is restarting. Then it shuts down again. Approximately every 15 seconds.

I have no doubt you need more infpormation than this but \i am not sure where to start.

Thanks

A:Windows Explorer restarts constantly

Hello and welcome to TSF.

Try posting in the Security section. Please follow the instructions here: NEW INSTRUCTIONS - Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help

Best of luck, and post back here if you're still experiencing issues once the analysts say you're clean.

Devin

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-explorer-restarts-constantly-564572.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I hope someone can help me Several months ago I installed IE and experience all sorts of problems such as constantly crashing crashing of Windows Explorer and disappearing of icons I have since uninstalled IE however the problem with Windows Explorer continues to exist crashes constantly Explorer Windows along the disappearing of the system tray icons particularly WinPatrol Here is a report from the Event Viewer Windows Explorer constantly crashes Explorer exe e ntdll dll a a c c e c ecd e b All of the instances have to do with ntdl dll Sometimes I can restart the compter and Windows Explorer Windows Explorer constantly crashes will work for a little time but then it begins to crash again I have been asking for assistance with this probblem for the last months and nothing seems to help IE was also crashing for some time until I disabled all the add-ons and only enabled those which were absolutely necessary However I have not received any assistance with Windows Explorer Please any assistance will be greatly appreciated Thank you Vaesther Vista SP mg nbsp

Relevancy 55.47%

Yesterday it shut down for the first time. I got a DEP error message. Now, everytime I close any folder or program located on my desktop Explorer closes and repoens all with no error messages. I have ran spybot and lavasoft restarted, defragged, deleted potential problem causers and it is still messing up.

A:Windows Explorer Shutting Down Constantly

Here is the logfile from HijackThis

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 12:25:28 AM, on 3/26/2007
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MsMpEng.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\WLTRYSVC.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\System32\bcmwltry.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\basfipm.exe
C:\Program Files\IVT Corporation\BlueSoleil\BTNtService.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\CTsvcCDA.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell\OpenManage\Client\Iap.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\LightScribe\LSSrvc.exe
C:\Program Files\Network Associates\Common Framework\FrameworkService.exe
C:\Program Files\Network Associates\VirusScan\mcshield.exe
C:\Program Files\Network Associates\VirusScan\vstskmgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Dell\QuickSet\NICCONFIGSVC.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\rpcnet.exe
C:\Program Files\Alcohol Soft\Alcohol 120\StarWind\StarWindService.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\SUSS.EXE
C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Common\ViewpointService.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\WebUpdateSvc.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe
C:\Program Files\Apoint\Apoint.exe
C:\Program Files\Network Associates\VirusScan\SHSTAT.EXE
C:\Program Files\Dell\QuickSet\quickset.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Network Associates\TalkBack\tbmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_10\bin\jusched.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\DSentry.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\WLTRAY.exe
C:\Program Files\Network Associates\Common Framework\UpdaterUI.exe
C:\Program Files\Ahead\ODD Toolkit\DVDTray.exe
C:\Program Files\Apoint\HidFind.exe
C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MSASCui.exe
C:\Program Files\Viewpoint\Viewpoint Manager\ViewMgr.exe
C:\Program Files\Apoint\Apntex.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\UpdateService\issch.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Creative\MediaSource\Detector\CTDetect.exe
C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe
C:\WINDOWS\explorer.exe
C:\Program Files\AIM6\aim6.exe
C:\Program Files\AIM6\aolsoftware.exe
C:\Program Files\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = http://www.newzbin.com/browse/cat/p/consoles/xbox
R3 - URLSearchHook: Yahoo! Toolbar - {EF99BD32-C1FB-11D2-892F-0090271D4F88} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHlprObj Class - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\Program Files\Adobe\Acrobat 7.0\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: Anonymizer Proxy - {0DB66BA8-5E1F-4963-93D1-E1D6B78FE9A2} - C:\Program Files\NinjaSurfing\ProxyNew.dll
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\PROGRA~1\SPYBOT~1\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: SSVHelper Class - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43} - C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_10\bin\ssv.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ATIPTA] "C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI Control Panel\atiptaxx.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Apoint] C:\Program Files\Apoint\Apoint.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ShStatEXE] "C:\Program Files\Network Associates\VirusScan\SHSTAT.EXE" /STANDALONE
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Dell QuickSet] C:\Program Files\Dell\QuickSet\quickset.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [bascstray] BascsTray.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Network Associates Error Reporting Service] "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Network Associates\TalkBack\tbmon.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files\Java\jre1.5.0_10\bin\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [DVDSentry] C:\WINDOWS\system32\DSentry.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Broadcom Wireless Manager UI] C:\WINDOWS\system32\WLTRAY.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [AuditMode] C:\sysprep\factory.exe -logon
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [McAfeeUpdaterUI] "C:\Program Files\Network Associates\Common Framework\UpdaterUI.exe" /StartedFromRunKey
O4 - ... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-explorer-shutting-down-constantly.554900/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello I am running Vista with IE Tried googling my problem and no one else seems to have my exact issues While using IE I am constantly getting a window poping Windows Restarting Explorer Constantly up saying that an error has occured and windows explorer will now restart My IE window will remain open but I can see Windows Explorer Constantly Restarting all my other folders desktop start button toolbar all temp disappear - quot restarting quot I guess and then everything is back how it was before the error This seems to only occur when opening new web pages or tabs I havent noticed it when doing something else Its a real pain because it keeps coming back but always when im surfing in IE sometimes it restarts after a few min sometimes a few hours I have Windows Explorer Constantly Restarting not tried any other web browsers to see if its just IE that has the problem Dont really want to as I like IE and want that program to work correctly I have used multiple virus and malware scanners avast mallwarebytes adaware hitman pro and aside from some tracking cookie warnings I dont get anything severe trojans etc Im thinking it might Windows Explorer Constantly Restarting be a registry issue If anyone has any ideas suggestions that would be fantastic Thanks a lot for any assistance you can provide nbsp

A:Windows Explorer Constantly Restarting

Does it happen only when you visit a certain site? If so, I would suspect something malware related, cause sites get hacked everyday and are modified to attack visitors.

Try resetting IE to default configuration. Control Panel > Internet Options > Advanced tab > Reset button.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-explorer-constantly-restarting.1015742/
Relevancy 55.47%

pls help. i was downloading a video thru real player sp, all was fine at first but then when some downloading error occured this problem started happening. i rebooted, and deleted the unfinished download file. then downloaded the file again and all was ok. but now every now and then my windows explorer shuts down all of a sudden. and whenever i open my vdeos folder it takes a long time for them to load those thumbnail icons. what seems to be the problem with my unit? by the way, when i tried to delete the unfinished download file, i cant access the realplayer downloads folder coz the windows explorer keeps shutting down. i deleted the file through tune up utilities 2011. pls help.

A:windows explorer constantly shuts down

Quote: Originally Posted by Zyrandiel

pls help. i was downloading a video thru real player sp, all was fine at first but then when some downloading error occured this problem started happening. i rebooted, and deleted the unfinished download file. then downloaded the file again and all was ok. but now every now and then my windows explorer shuts down all of a sudden. and whenever i open my vdeos folder it takes a long time for them to load those thumbnail icons. what seems to be the problem with my unit? by the way, when i tried to delete the unfinished download file, i cant access the realplayer downloads folder coz the windows explorer keeps shutting down. i deleted the file through tune up utilities 2011. pls help.

It sounds to me like you have a bad codec on the system.

Try downloading and installing an newer version of Real Player that may address this problem. If that fails, then perhaps a third-party codec pack will do. The Shark007 Windows 7 Codec Pack is the only 100% compatible Windows 7 codec pack you'll ever need.

And if you still have a problem, try this:Click the Start Orb
Type "cmd" in the search box (without quotes)
Right-click "Cmd" in the search results, then click "Run As Administrator"
In the Command Prompt, type "sfc /scannow" (without quotes) and press <ENTER>

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/128757-windows-explorer-constantly-shuts-down.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hello Guys I was running an audio program Acid last night and it locked up my computer I rebooted and now the quot Windows Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close quot window keeps opening shutdown Windows needs ... Explorer constantly! to As soon as Windows Explorer needs to shutdown ... constantly! I close it it opens again I have been able to use the Windows Explorer needs to shutdown ... constantly! computer as long as I don t click a button on the message I ve attached a HJT log if that helps Running XP home SP Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus avp exe C WINDOWS system drivers KodakCCS exe C WINDOWS System snmp exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS wanmpsvc exe C PROGRA VERIZO SUPPOR SMARTB MotiveSB exe C WINDOWS Dit exe C WINDOWS SM BG EXE C WINDOWS BCMSMMSG exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C WINDOWS System ezSP Px exe C WINDOWS DitExp exe C WINDOWS System hkcmd exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Micro Innovations Optical Scroll mouse a exe C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus avp exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Common Files BB E - - - - Update exe C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasDtServ exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C WINDOWS system dwwin exe C Program Files hijackthis hijackthis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Default www google com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet Explorer customized for Verizon Online O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINDOWS System igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run Motive SmartBridge C PROGRA VERIZO SUPPOR SMARTB MotiveSB exe O - HKLM Run Dit Dit exe O - HKLM Run SM BG C WINDOWS SM BG EXE O - HKLM Run BCMSMMSG BCMSMMSG exe O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run ezShieldProtector for Px C WINDOWS System ezSP Px exe O - HKLM Run gcasServ quot C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasServ exe quot O - HKLM Run LXCGCATS rundll C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X LXCGtime dll email protected O - HKLM Run KernelFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -k O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINDOWS System hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run FLMOFFICE DMOUSE C Program Files Micro Innovations Optical Scroll mouse a exe O - HKLM Run AVP quot C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus avp exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKCU Run MsnMsgr quot C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe quot background O - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE O - Extra context menu item amp Yahoo Search - file C Program Files Yahoo Common ycsrch htm O - Extra context menu item Yahoo amp Dictionary - file C Program Files Yahoo Common ycdict htm O - Extra context menu item Yahoo amp Maps - file C Program Files Yahoo Common ycmap htm O - Extra context menu item Yahoo amp SMS - file C Program Files Yahoo Common ycsms htm O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll file missing O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll file missing O - Extra button Web Anti-Virus statistics - F - A - D - CA -AA ACF ED E - C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus scieplugin dll O - DPF -C A- E-A -C C BBF Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool - http go microsoft com fwlink LinkID O - DPF C F - E - ADA-A E-F BF D B CR Loader Object - http www bigfishgames com online cosmicbugs r loader cab... Read more

A:Windows Explorer needs to shutdown ... constantly!

What's DRWTSN.exe (something like that) Dr. Watson? I viewed processes in task manager and there were 2 or 3 instances of it running during the problems.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-explorer-needs-to-shutdown-constantly.581738/
Relevancy 55.47%

Windows explorer crashes constantly when closing a folder, saying "Windows Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for any inconvenience."
Error report contains this:
AppName: explorer.exe AppVer: 6.0.2600.0 ModName: unknown
ModVer: 0.0.0.0 Offset: 019e6754

I have a hijack this log ready for any who wish to see it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-explorer-crashes-constantly.357584/
Relevancy 55.47%

For the last couple of months, Windows Explorer (Windows XP Pro SP2) constantly crashes when I open it and it stays open for a couple of minutes, or after copy/pasting something. I get three consequetive error messages, of which I took a print screen and are attached here.

http://img413.imageshack.us/img413/8565/explorerfoutmelding.png
http://img716.imageshack.us/img716/4660/drwatsonfoutmelding.png
http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/4927/dataexecutionprevention.png

Frequently I have to close the not responding windows explorer in the task manager, but then I still can't do anything (everything's kind of frozen) until I end the process 'DrWatson32.exe'.

I tried defragmenting, running "sfc /scannow" with my Windows XP cd to check if the protected Windows files are still intact, but nothing helped.

Relevancy 55.47%

Hi I have a serious issue Every time I start my pc windows explorer crashes after few minutes and i m not able to do anything This also occurs when i try to open a program like chrome it displays the loading cursor and freezes In normal mode I can t do anything I m able to run the pc in safe mode but I can t open the taskmanager VDMDBG dll missing in neither of the modes I tried to run an anti-malware program Malwarebytes anti-malware without success I noticed in the last few weeks that programs that only need around - of cpu now reach and above I noticed this on Ableton live which became unusable Here are my System informations Vista home premium service pack build PC Samsung R P Pentium dual-core T Ghz GB ram I hope you can help me i d be very glad if i d crashes explorer constantly Windows fix this problem Thanks in advance Riprod nbsp

A:Windows explorer crashes constantly

Hi and welcome.
First try a start up repair.
http://www.vistax64.com/tutorials/91467-startup-repair.html

How to use System Restore in Windows Vista:
http://bertk.mvps.org/html/restoresysv.html

Let us know the result.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-explorer-crashes-constantly.1053336/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi I'm running Windows XP SP and I'm losing my mind with the following fairly common problem My Windows Explorer keeps crashing with no apparent pattern when using Windows Sometimes it will crash during a Search function sometimes when switching folders or closing them Closing the Recycle Bin is often a cause for crashes too In Safe Mode the computer seems to Windows constantly crashes Explorer function normally I've not experienced any crashes Windows Explorer simply crashes with the typical quot Windows explorer needs to close sorry for the inconvenience quot message This usually follows the desktop refreshing and is followed by the Windows Explorer crashes constantly taskbar disappearing for a few seconds then reappearing All the applications keep running it is only Explorer that crashes I have read through countless threads on the subject and in my case I can tell the following have not worked Virus other malware scanning - All tests come away clean both online and offline ones Disabling rd party shell extensions using ShellExView Checking unchecking the Launch folder windows in a separate process box Adding explorer exe to DEP Disabling media preview dll's Disabling thumbnail view and thumbnail caching Running sfc scannow to repair system files Any other ideas Here are the most recent error messages from event viewer Faulting application explorer exe version faulting module explorer exe version fault address x a Faulting application explorer exe version faulting module explorer exe version fault address x a Faulting application explorer exe version faulting module explorer exe version fault address x somewhat coinciding with each of these I receive the following system events The IMAPI CD-Burning COM Service service was successfully sent a start control The IMAPI CD-Burning COM Service service entered the running state The IMAPI CD-Burning COM Service service entered the stopped state Apparently this happens as Explorer crashes and then performs a new Windows Logon All help will be greatly appreciated HJT logs are available

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-explorer-crashes-constantly-325904.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi there, I've been facing this problem I've bought this new Asus Laptop.. Whenever I try to surf through my files a pop window appears saying ''Windows explorer has stopped working..'' couple of secs later ''Windows explorer is restarting..'' I've installed my OS again and still the same problem. Its a genuine Windows 7 Home Premium.

I basically can't do anything in this computer, any help would be more than appreciated.
Thank you in advance!

A:Windows Explorer has been restarting constantly!

Hi and welcome to TSF your best option would be to return it and have them fix it under warranty, have you checked in event viewer to sse if there is any further info on what is causing the restart,did you run a system file check SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker - Windows 7 Help Forums
this might also be worth trying Terminate and Restart Explorer.exe Process Cleanly in Windows 7 & Windows Vista - The Winhelponline Blog

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-explorer-has-been-restarting-constantly-688847.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi have an issue with my windows explorer lately i cant access anything really i open it up and its a white loading screen then stops responding same if i rightclick my desktop background it actually stops responding too if i do that My way out responding Explorer not Windows constantly of it is to restart explorer but when i go back to it it does the same thing pretty stumped Scanned with avg online kaspersky scanner and Windows Explorer constantly not responding windows defender and spybot search amp destroy and didn't find anything any ideas HijackThis logs below Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exeC Windows RtHDVCpl exeC Program Files Logitech GamePanel Software LCD Manager LCDMon exeC Program Files Logitech GamePanel Software G-series Software LGDCore exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgtray exeC Windows System rundll exeC Windows System rundll exeC Windows Explorer constantly not responding Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exeC Windows System rundll exeC Windows System rundll exeC Program Files Logitech GamePanel Software LCD Manager Applets LCDClock exeC Program Files Logitech GamePanel Software LCD Manager Applets LCDPop exeC Program Files Logitech GamePanel Software LCD Manager Applets LCDMedia exeC Program Files Logitech GamePanel Software LCD Manager Applets LCDCountdown exeC Windows system Rundll exeC Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exeC Windows system Rundll exeC Program Files Windows Live Contacts wlcomm exeC Windows system taskeng exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Windows system Dwm exeC Windows Explorer EXEC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeC Windows system SearchFilterHost exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Windows Explorer constantly not responding Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook DeviceVM Url Search Hook - BF -BFFF- B F- D - DF F DD - C Windows System dvmurl dllO - Hosts localhostO - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dllO - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dllO - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveShellExtensions dllO - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dllO - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dllO - HKLM Run Windows Defender ProgramFiles Windows Defender MSASCui exe -hideO - HKLM Run RtHDVCpl RtHDVCpl exeO - HKLM Run Launch LCDMon quot C Program Files Logitech GamePanel Software LCD Manager LCDMon exe quot O - HKLM Run Launch LGDCore quot C Program Files Logitech GamePanel Software G-series Software LGDCore exe quot SHOWHIDEO - HKLM Run AVG TRAY C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exeO - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C Windows system NvCpl dll NvStartup... Read more

A:Windows Explorer constantly not responding

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine.??If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine.??Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links.??Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool.??No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note:??You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run.??After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection.??Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.??Information on A/V control HERE

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/256495/windows-explorer-constantly-not-responding/
Relevancy 55.04%

For the past couple weeks Windows Explorer has been closing frequently while I am online. (normally when on my laptop it is for online use). IE 8 also crashes and I've even had a couple issues with other programs, like Picasa. I have Norton Securite suite, Spybot S&D, Malware Bytes' Anti-Malware and Reg Cleaner and use all regularly. Please help me.

A:Windows Explorer keeps crashing. IE crashing

Registry cleaners are not recommended. Here is why: http://miekiemoes.blogspot.com/2008/02/reg...weaking_13.htmlUsing registry cleaner may be actually cause of your problems.Windows Explorer has been closing frequently while I am onlineDo you mean Windows Explorer, or Internet Explorer?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/328951/windows-explorer-keeps-crashing-ie-crashing/
Relevancy 54.61%

Dell Precision Explorer view changes - Windows virus constantly T Desktop running Windows XP service pack Symptom - at random times Windows Explorer file panel will go crazy The panel constantly changes the type of view thumbnails tiles icons list details It starts off slow and then speeds up I have run various types of virus check software without any luck Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C Windows Explorer virus - view constantly changes WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Broadcom ASFIPMon AsfIpMon exe C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager Iaantmon exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files McAfee SiteAdvisor McSACore exe C PROGRA McAfee MSC mcmscsvc exe c PROGRA COMMON mcafee mna mcnasvc exe c PROGRA COMMON mcafee mcproxy mcproxy exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcshield exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C Program Files McAfee MPF MPFSrv exe C Program Files McAfee MSK MskSrver exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Performance Drivers nvPDsvc exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exe c Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exe C WINDOWS system SearchIndexer exe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files TortoiseSVN bin TSVNCache exe C Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exe C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager Iaanotif exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DX PDVDDXSrv exe C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LComMgr Communications Helper exe C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LComMgr LVComSX exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService ISUSPM exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe C Program Files Logitech SetPoint SetPoint exe C Program Files Common Files Logitech khalshared KHALMNPR EXE C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcsysmon exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgtray exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgnsx exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Mozilla Thunderbird thunderbird exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http g msn com USREL R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http www live com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http g msn com USREL R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www dell com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search Default Page URL http g msn com USREL R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http g msn com USREL O - Hosts HTechSVN O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO McAfee Phishing Filter - B A- - A -B -BE AFE AB - c PROGRA mcafee msk mskapbho dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO Search Helper - EBF - F- bff-A F-B E AAC B - C Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack Search Helper SEPsearchhelperie dll O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveShellExtensions dll O - BHO scriptproxy - DB D A - - E -B D... Read more

A:Windows Explorer virus - view constantly changes

Hi, Welcome to TSG!!

You have two anti-virus programs running, McAfee & AVG, which will cause trouble. Uninstall one of them and post a new HJT log.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-explorer-virus-view-constantly-changes.832681/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hey people again, this time the problem lies with my PC at home! Whenever I'm using Windows Explorer and just going through my Hard Drive, after a few mins i get the "windows explorer has encountered a problem" message and it closes the explorer window, the whole screen goes blue for a second and then the desktop comes back and the systray looks as if it's loading the icons again in the bottom right! I installed ZoneAlarm a couple of weeks ago and I don't know whether that's causing a problem/conflict but I've had to uninstall MSN because it just keeps logging out and logging in!

HELP!!

A:Windows Explorer Closing Error - Constantly

Set a restore point and back up any important data (you do this already right ). The we can try using the system file checker (ie sfc command). This will require your Windows CD and afterwards you will need to reinstall all your microsoft updates.

To do this simply go to the Run box on the Start Menu and type in:

sfc /scannow

This command will immediately initiate the Windows File Protection service to scan all protected files and verify their integrity, replacing any files with which it finds a problem.

As I said, make sure you back up and set a restore point.

Let me know how you go.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-explorer-closing-error-constantly-143844.html
Relevancy 54.61%

I have Windows 10 build 1511 and use IE11 as my default browser. I find that many websites I visit - nearly 25% - cause the browser to hang. When this happens, a message will appear at the bottom of the browser stating "sitename has stopped responding"
with a recover webpage button, and the browser becomes completely unresponsive, forcing me to have to crash it. If I relaunch IE and go to the same site, the issue happens again.
I have made sure I have all the latest Windows updates installed, I have run IE with add-ons disabled, I've reset advanced settings, normal settings, and security zone settings.  I've looked at windows Event Viewer and there are no errors in the application
or system log when the hang occurs.
I have run the troubleshooting tool in the control panel with IE performance selected.  Nothing has helped.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/e3aff96c-23ea-4be5-935d-e8a2792aba68/internet-explorer-11-constantly-hangs-in-windows-10?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi guys I have a weird problem Every time i want to open some folder explorer opens new window for it For example if i want to open Program Files I'll open my computer first window then Local disk C second window then Program Files third window Ok that wouldn't be hard to fix Just go to the windows in constantly window Explorer new open folder options and select open each folder in the same window Problem is It is already set that way So select open each folder in the same window is selected and it's still Explorer windows constantly open in new window doing it same mulitple windows I've tried to slecet another option and return to Explorer windows constantly open in new window the first one but it wouldn't work I've scanned my computer with ad-aware spybot eset avg etc and there are no spyware malware viruses just that annoying thing Can anyone tell me how to fix or the only way to do it is reinstall P S I hope i've put the thread in correct forum Tnx

A:Explorer windows constantly open in new window

was this on a clean install or an upgrade?

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/69369-explorer-windows-constantly-open-new-window.html
Relevancy 54.61%

My problem is the windows tray icons on bottom right start loading then the screen goes blank all desktop icons and entire start strip This repeats every seconds If I open Windows Explorer then it closes when everything goes blank My other programs will stay open I recently installed Service Pack for Win XP I tried to uninstall but get a can not find service pack file error I m new Explorer crashes constantly Windows Solved: so let me know if missing information Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS Solved: Windows Explorer constantly crashes System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files HPQ IAM bin asghost exe C Program Files Solved: Windows Explorer constantly crashes Analog Devices Core smax pnp exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons QlbCtrl exe C Program Files hpq HP Wireless Assistant HP Wireless Assistant exe C PROGRA MICROS OFFICE OUTLOOK EXE C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C PROGRA Crawler Toolbar CToolbar exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Windows Workstations avp exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS system IFXSPMGT exe C Solved: Windows Explorer constantly crashes WINDOWS system IFXTCS exe C WINDOWS system inetsrv inetinfo exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Kaspersky Lab NetworkAgent klnagent exe C Program Files Maxtor Maxtor Backup MaxBackServiceInt exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C PROGRA AT amp TGL NetCfgSv EXE C Program Files Maxtor OneTouch Utils SyncServices exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C Program Files ProtectTools Embedded Security Software PSDsrvc EXE C Program Files Spyware Terminator sp rsser exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared hpqwmiex exe C Program Files ProtectTools Embedded Security Software PSDrt exe C PROGRA hpq Shared HPQTOA EXE C WINDOWS system taskmgr exe C WINDOWS system notepad exe C WINDOWS system mmc exe C Program Files WinZip WINZIP EXE C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus for Windows Workstations avp exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Tools Binn ISQLW EXE C Program Files Spyware Terminator SpywareTerminator exe C Program Files Spyware Terminator SpywareTerminatorShield exe C WINDOWS explorer exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C WINDOWS system imapi exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blank R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local O - Toolbar amp Crawler Toolbar - B EA- - DC -A FC- F D - C PROGRA Crawler Toolbar ctbr dll O - HKLM Run SoundMAXPnP quot C Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exe quot O - HKLM Run SoundMAX quot C Program Files Analog Devices SoundMAX Smax exe quot tray O - HKLM Run SynTPEnh quot C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe quot O - HKLM Run QlbCtrl quot C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons QlbCtrl exe quot Start O - HKLM Run hpWirelessAssistant C Program Files hpq HP Wireless Assistant HP Wireless Assistant exe O - HKLM Run PTHOSTTR quot C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP ProtectTools ... Read more

A:Solved: Windows Explorer constantly crashes

Here is some more information. I searched the web and found post that said to run SuperAntiSpyware. It found a couple of the Trojan.vundo

I let it quarantine and reboot. Win XP was unable to restart and I had to go to safe mode. there I used SuperAntiSpyware to restore. Now my system is back up but still same problems.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-explorer-constantly-crashes.763623/
Relevancy 54.61%

I keep getting this error message that Windows Explorer has encountered an error and needs to close. Any ideas why this happens or what I can do to make her stop?

Thank you

A:Solved: Windows Explorer Constantly Shutting DOwn

Download this, run it and see what it finds.
http://www.avast.com/eng/avast_cleaner.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-explorer-constantly-shutting-down.353101/
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi guys

Just got a new laptop and everything was running fine until recently when I noticed that everytime I right click on the desk top to refresh or click "gadgets" or "screen resolution" windows explorer will freeze up on me and I have to restart it. Also happened when I was trying to right click paste something into a folder.
Now it happens almost all the time when I do the above. What's wrong and what can I do?

Thanks in advance.

A:Windows explorer constantly not responding on right click

Hi, and Welcome to Sevenforums!

Run System Restore.
System Restore

Next, run sfc /scannow.

Update, and run an Anti-Virus scan. What Anti-Virus & Firewall program/s are installed?

Update Windows.
Microsoft Update

Download Malwarebytes, scan and fix anything it finds.
http://download.cnet.com/Malwarebyte...-10804572.html

Download CCleaner, scan, and fix anything it finds.
Use the Registry clean button a few times until there are no more results.
http://download.cnet.com/CCleaner/30...-10315544.html

Let me know how the system is running afterwards.

Quickdraw

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/224191-windows-explorer-constantly-not-responding-right-click.html
Relevancy 54.61%

For the past few months, Windows Explorer will stop responding randomly or upon startup (depending on my luck) whenever I click an icon on my taskbar or my desktop. It would work after it restarts itself normally, however the reason I'm reporting this now is because I've been trying to install a program on one of the computers, and every time I attempt to run it as an admin or doubleclick install it the old fashioned way, WE just crashes.

This has also happened when I've attempted to change the what file extensions are associated with what on other files on my hard drive. I attempted to change security permissions, which helped somewhat, but it still managed to crash in the end.

My computer specs are as follows:

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/70399-windows-explorer-constantly-continues-crash.html
Relevancy 54.61%

My Windows Explorer crashes almost every time I try to use it. The same thing happens when I try to use My Computer. It doesn't give me an error message, it just shuts down after being open for about ten seconds.

I've searched all over the internet for a fix for this problem and nothing is working. I've defragged the hard drive. I've ran Adaware, Spybot, AVG, and done several online virus and malware scans and nothing seems to fix this problem.

This has been happening for months now and its driving me nuts! Any help would be most appreciated.

David

A:why does windows explorer crash constantly?[moved from XP]

Hello and welcome to TSF

Go to system properties (right-click on my computer => properties), then => Advanced => Settings, under Startup and Recovery.
Uncheck "automatically reboot"

This should give you a blue screen (BSOD) when the computer hangs, report here with what it says

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/why-does-windows-explorer-crash-constantly-moved-from-xp-151957.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I m having a problem in Windows Explorer on Vista that has been annoying me for far too long to View changes Explorer choose. in I Windows constantly didn't something now I set a folder s view to a different display most View in Windows Explorer constantly changes to something I didn't choose. often list using this as an example for this post However when I browse that folder at a later time I find that the view changed from list to another view whether it be tiles large icons details etc No matter what view I change a folder to it will often change to another view regardless of how many times I set the folder to a specific view My question is why does the view in Explorer change from what I select to another view This has happened even after I have had quot remember each folder s view settings quot checked for quite a while in Vista s Folder Options advanced settings Tools- gt Folder Options in Explorer How can this be fixed so that the folder s view settings don t change since this option in Folder Options doesn t seem to work Thanks in advance nbsp

A:View in Windows Explorer constantly changes to something I didn't choose.

At a guess you could try the following steps:

1. Right-Click the folder.
2. Click Properties
3. Click the Customize tab.
4. Set the kind of folder to how you like it.
5. Click OK.

I think that might make it work, hope it does. Good luck.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/view-in-windows-explorer-constantly-changes-to-something-i-didnt-choose.863039/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi I have a problem that I've found no solution for as yet and wanted to know if anybody else has experianced constantly disk losing Explorer Windows SATA this issue I have SATA drives installed all using the same drivers of these devices shows up in windows explorer for a short time and then dissapears and I also lose this when checking with Disk Management always the Windows Explorer constantly losing SATA disk same device other are fine The device is picked up after reboot most Windows Explorer constantly losing SATA disk of the time but doesn't stay up for long I've tried installing large games i e WOW onto a partition on this disk but the device does not stay up long enough to install This is a new seagate drive and running seatools shows no errors infact when the device is showing within explorer I can write to it I have no idea why the device get's lost after a period of time or even the odd reboot fails to pick up the device but always shows in the BIOS At first I thought this was hardware related so as mentioned already I ran seatool I also then swapped my SATA cable and power cable with one of the other drives this made no difference so now I'm back to thinking this is software related Have checked teh system logs the only thing I could find was this error LogName System Source volmgr Error The system failed to flush data to the transaction log Corruption may occur Not sure if this is related but that's from my last reboot and the disk is not showing System Spec OS Vista Home Premium X MOBO Asus M N -SLI CHIPSET nVIDIA nForce SLI AMD Hammer BIOS Award MEMORY gb x gb DDR GPX EVRA GeForce GTS Superclocked MB SOUND CARD Creative X-Fi pro Any help would be much appreciated

A:Windows Explorer constantly losing SATA disk

I had same problem it was the POWER SATA CABLE not the DATA....try on another

Regards
Sergio

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-explorer-constantly-losing-sata-disk-197684.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I'm sending this from safe mode! I have been getting assisted with this since before the Holidays. I was sent to the Windows 7 forum to get some insight on
why my CPU usage was clocking 100% no matter what I did. I ran several scans and combofixes and nothing seemed to work. I ran Malewarebytes and
removed the items and explorer.exe will not run. Please help!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic477718.html/page__p__2915410#entry2915410

A:Windows 7. Explorer.exe restarts constantly after Malewarbytes removal.

Please post the computer model/brand next time. Try running a clean boot to check on the difference. Check your hardware temps for any possible heating problem. A bad or failing drive could also be worth checking. Please run a diagnostic test by the HD manufacturing support site.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/481440/windows-7-explorerexe-restarts-constantly-after-malewarbytes-removal/
Relevancy 54.18%

My screen is constantly flickering and sometimes tabs go blank (white) for no reason while using IE11 with Windows 8.1.  This does not happen with other browsers.  My resolution and refresh rate for my monitor are both set to recommended settings
and my Windows and drivers are all up to date.

A:Internet Explorer 11 constantly causes screen flickering with Windows 8.1

Hi,

According to your description, this problem might be related to :
1.?Add-ons?:Have you download any add-ons like Active-X and other objects recently?

2.The ?Enhanced protected mode?.
3.The ?Accelerated graphic?.

Solutions

First of all ,you can open the Action center\Troubleshooting\ Programs to use the troubleshooting tool to check whether it can detect something or give us any useful diagnostic reports .Run ?iexplore.exe ?extoff ? to open  the IE with all
the  ?Add-ons? disabled ,if this problem disappears ,the problem may be caused by  the ?Add-ons? ,you can open ?Manage Add-ons? in the IE tools to enable the add-ons one by one to check which add-on contributes to this problem.
Open the ?Internet options?, choose the ?Security? tab , disable the ?Enable Protected Mode?  ,restart the IE to check whether it works.
Internet Explorer 11 flickers and a box (Windows Installer) flashes.
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/forum/ie11-iewindows8_1/internet-explorer-11-flickers-and-a-box-windows/40e8b992-f804-43c4-9f3a-15b383d6d8aa  

Open the ?Internet options?, choose the ?Advanced? tab ,tick or untick  ?Use software
rendering instead of GPU rendering? and check the result
.If these steps don`t work , please
open the Event viewer\ Applications and services logs\ Internet
explorer to check if we can get any error\warning information.

Best regards

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/ef28b201-a492-4fb7-be9e-6371147b7575/internet-explorer-11-constantly-causes-screen-flickering-with-windows-81?forum=ieitprocurrentver
Relevancy 54.18%

Like the title says I will get a popup about every min or so telling me that Windows explorer has stopped working and then it will try and restart it. It says it is due to the following information:

C:\Users\Jared\AppData\Local\Temp\WERA600.tmp.version.txt
C:\Users\Jared\AppData\Local\Temp\WERB52D.tmp.appcompat.txt
C:\Users\Jared\AppData\Local\Temp\WERB52E.tmp.mdmp

Is there any advice you guys could give me?
Would be happy to run any other programs and post information if it would help. Thanks for any advice and I appreciate your time! Thanks!

A:Windows Explorer constantly stop working and restart.

I also ran HijackThis and here are the results:

1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Bar = Preserve
R1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = Bing
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = iGoogle Redirect
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Search_URL = Bing
R1 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Search Page = Bing
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Start Page = iGoogle Redirect
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,SearchAssistant =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Search,CustomizeSearch =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page = C:\Windows\SysWOW64\blank.htm
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Toolbar,LinksFolderName =
O1 - Hosts: ::1 localhost
O2 - BHO: AcroIEHelperStub - {18DF081C-E8AD-4283-A596-FA578C2EBDC3} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelperShim.dll
O2 - BHO: Spybot-S&D IE Protection - {53707962-6F74-2D53-2644-206D7942484F} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Spybot - Search & Destroy\SDHelper.dll
O2 - BHO: NCO 2.0 IE BHO - {602ADB0E-4AFF-4217-8AA1-95DAC4DFA408} - c:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Symantec Shared\coShared\Browser\2.6\coIEPlg.dll
O2 - BHO: Symantec Intrusion Prevention - {6D53EC84-6AAE-4787-AEEE-F4628F01010C} - C:\PROGRA~2\COMMON~1\SYMANT~1\IDS\IPSBHO.dll
O2 - BHO: StartNow Toolbar Helper - {6E13D095-45C3-4271-9475-F3B48227DD9F} - C:\Program Files (x86)\StartNow Toolbar\Toolbar32.dll
O2 - BHO: Groove GFS Browser Helper - {72853161-30C5-4D22-B7F9-0BBC1D38A37E} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office12\GrooveShellExtensions.dll
O2 - BHO: Blekko search bar - {7d9e1adc-7db1-4eaf-b6c7-7e062074e6be} - C:\Program Files (x86)\blekkotb_soc\blekkotb_019X.dll
O2 - BHO: Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - {9030D464-4C02-4ABF-8ECC-5164760863C6} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WindowsLiveLogin.dll
O2 - BHO: Google Toolbar Helper - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Google Toolbar\GoogleToolbar_32.dll
O2 - BHO: SkypeIEPluginBHO - {AE805869-2E5C-4ED4-8F7B-F1F7851A4497} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Skype\Toolbars\Internet Explorer\skypeieplugin.dll
O2 - BHO: Java(tm) Plug-In 2 SSV Helper - {DBC80044-A445-435b-BC74-9C25C1C588A9} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Java\jre6\bin\jp2ssv.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Show Norton Toolbar - {7FEBEFE3-6B19-4349-98D2-FFB09D4B49CA} - c:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Symantec Shared\coShared\Browser\2.6\CoIEPlg.dll
O3 - Toolbar: StartNow Toolbar - {5911488E-9D1E-40ec-8CBB-06B231CC153F} - C:\Program Files (x86)\StartNow Toolbar\Toolbar32.dll
O3 - Toolbar: Google Toolbar - {2318C2B1-4965-11d4-9B18-009027A5CD4F} - C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Google Toolbar\GoogleToolbar_32.dll
O3 - Toolbar: (no name) - !{7d9e1adc-7db1-4eaf-b6c7-7e062074e6be} - (no file)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ccApp] "c:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [osCheck] "c:\Program Files (x86)\Norton 360\osCheck.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SunJavaUpdateSched] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Java\Java Update\jusched.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LchDrvKey] LchDrvKey.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [LedKey] CNYHKey.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [P2Go_Menu] "C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\Power2Go\MUITransfer\MUIStartMenu.exe" "C:\Program Files (x86)\CyberLink\Power2Go" UpdateWithCreateOnce "SOFTWARE\CyberLink\Power2Go\6.0"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [GrooveMonitor] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office12\GrooveMonitor.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [FaxCenterServer] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Lexmark Fax Solutions\fm3032.exe" /s
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [StartNowToolbarHelper] "C:\Program Files (x86)\StartNow Toolbar\ToolbarHelper.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Adobe ARM] "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Adobe\ARM\1.0\AdobeARM.exe"
O4 - HKLM\.... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-explorer-constantly-stop-working-and-restart-655147.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi all,

I am using Window7 64 bit version. I have a problem when I was trying to open a folder. When I open this particular folder windows explorer is crashing and saying cannot access memory (with different addresses). All other folders are opening properly. Also, there are few vedio files in the directory, which can opened by right clicking on the folder using VLC media player.

I ran malwarebytes anti-malware and avast anti virus on the directory. Both showed no errors.

Please help me on this.

Thanks,
Markandeyulu BV.

A:Windows explorer (not Internet explorer) is crashing

Hello markandeyulub, welcome to SF!

I'm not sure if I understand completely. If you open a specific folder, it crashes. Explorer but not your whole PC, right?
If so how do you get to a few video files in that specific folder? Do you mean it crashes sometimes but not allways?
have you tried a checkdisk of that HDD? Disk Check

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/174528-windows-explorer-not-internet-explorer-crashing.html