Windows Support Forum

BSOD - sudden, constant and when doing NOTHING!

Q: BSOD - sudden, constant and when doing NOTHING!

Hi there Yup another noob with a BSOD NOTHING! constant doing and when sudden, - BSOD posting Suddden and constant BSOD this week I havent changed upgraded updated modified BSOD - sudden, constant and when doing NOTHING! deleted or otherwise stuck my fingers into anything this week I HAVE generally tinkered with and upgraded my computer packard bell iMedia x but the last thing I did was to upgrade the RAM weeks ago from GB x gb to gb gb gb DDR I've run windows memory diagnostic AND memtest over night - no errors I've run anti-virus scans and malware scans - nothing flagged Tinkered components apart from the RAM in order of change Graphics card upgraded to Nvidia GTS - no problem with that for over a year PSU from manufacturers to Winpower silent W - changed same time as graphics card - no problems at all Windows Vista bit to Windows Ultimate bit months old Um i changed the speakers yesterday The drawer on my DVD drive was stuck and wouldnt open so I have disconnected the power and sata cable inside the case All drivers are up-to-date so I have no idea whats happening The 'windows has recovered from a stupid error' message window says Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode a BCP BCP BCP BCP FFFFF F OS Version Service Pack Product I've uploaded the dmp file and other info as per the BSOD posting rules All help muchly appreciated P

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: BSOD - sudden, constant and when doing NOTHING!

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: BSOD - sudden, constant and when doing NOTHING!

Hello mabtycoon,

Avast can be a contributing cause of BSOD'S .
Please remove and replace with Microsoft Security Essentials AT LEAST TO TEST

http://files.avast.com/files/eng/aswclear5.exe

Microsoft Security Essentials - Free Antivirus for Windows

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/225706-bsod-sudden-constant-when-doing-nothing.html
Relevancy 29.24%

So I sometimes play World Of Tanks on low settings with a stable 60-80 fps and suddenly it's gone down to 15-25 fps. This has happened before and it somehow went back up to 60-80 but I don't know what I did. Please help as I can barely play any of my games anymore!

My Dxdiag is attached

A:Sudden drop in fps

What other games? If it's impacting most games it's usually temperature related.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sudden-drop-in-fps.204362/
Relevancy 28.38%

I have a Samsung RF510 laptop; really nice and plays games nicely, but as of yesterday I've had a problem.

Whenever -anything- that runs causing the fan to start roaring and the vents to get hot, the laptop will suddenly shut down after just 10 minutes. It could be games, I could be rendering a video in sony vegas, doesn't matter.

Thing is, the corner where the vents were would always get really hot on my laptop and this has never posed a problem before; only now it is suddenly shutting down. It's never done this before yesterday, and I mean never. Even a week straight of 5 hours of Borderlands on max settings every night never caused an issue.

Would blowing compressed air into the vents help? Is there a known issue (I did LOTS of searching all day, though it only found people with similar problems who haven't fixed them)? should I try something else completely?

I would appreciate any advice! I can provide additional specs if necessary.

A:Sudden overheating problem after six months - advice?

Compressed air might help. Is this notebook on a flat surface when you use it? Try not to use these thing on bed covers and sheets.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sudden-overheating-problem-after-six-months-advice.166292/
Relevancy 28.81%

My current system was built in May of 2012 and has been rock solid until like now.

I have had 4 out of 6 USB ports fail on me at once. I can't scan, can't print and the only two that are working I have both my mouse and keyboard in them because I had to transfer them yesterday the ones I had them connected to for almost 2 years. My printer was working fine yesterday and then that port failed today. I have tried booting and rebooting to no avail.

The motherboard is a Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H. If anyone can recommend to me a good solid Z77 board I'd appreciate it because if the last two ports go I won't be able to use my keyboard or mouse and then I'll have some real grief to deal with.

Any ideas would be most appreciated.

Thanks.

Relevancy 29.24%

Hello everyone,

recenlty my computer started having fps drops on every single game and I dont know why, I removed the antivirus, defragmented hard disks , I even reinstalled windows and I m getting desparate on this. What other possible solutions do I have to ?

Running an alienware m17x r3

nvidia gtx 580m

16gb of ram

2860qm 2.5 ghz

I m not sure if this is the problem or if it helps but this is a sceenshot of the task manager while the fps drop happens ( http://oi46.tinypic.com/24opssg.jpg )

note that this "fps drop" does not happen only on gaming, but while doing much simplier things lets say right click on desktop .... ( it takes some extra seconds to show the results of right clicking )

please help

A:Sudden fps drop

When the lag happens again, click on the 'processes' tab and order by CPU usage. Post screenshot.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sudden-fps-drop.190001/
Relevancy 29.24%

Hi all few days ago my laptop suddenly experience lag in everything except for sound output and the motion of the mouse cursor It is the st time this laptop has ever lag so seriously My laptop is an ASUS A VD with Intel Core i - QM CPU GHz and GB RAM usable it has windows home premium -bit The hard drive containing the OS still has GB of free space Considering the specs above my laptop shouldn t have any problem with sudden lag Laptop speed I usually use it to browse the internet youtube some gaming Need for speed Most Wanted amp Shift Crysis Warhead Prototype and online games for - hours straight However overheating doesn t seem to be the factor of lagging Laptop sudden lag as it even lags after just Laptop sudden lag turning on the laptop I ve tried shutting down and restarting several times and the interesting fact is that it doesn t actually lags until a few minutes after starting up It also doesn t lag a bit when in safe mode With that I eliminated the probability of hardware malfunction Laptop sudden lag I ve run several antivirus checks and updated my nvidia driver but the lag is still persistent Opening closing a folder application scrolling up and down a web page even viewing a downloaded video also lags Windows Task Manager shows a reading of - of CPU usage and physical memory being used with just the browser opened Fraps shows a maximum fps when a video is playing With the details given above I hope someone could help me solve this annoying lag Thanks in advance D nbsp

A:Laptop sudden lag

This type of "lag" can be caused by a virus or other type of malware infection...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-sudden-lag.198552/
Relevancy 29.24%

Hey there.

I recently bought and installed the game Godus. After I installed the game, lots of my other games started lagging horribly, and with horribly I mean below 10 fps. To mention a few (if it helps), theres the following: Rising storm, Dead Island: Riptide, Planetside 2.

Ive tried to run SuperAntiSpyware, Malwarebytes, Tuneup Utilities 2014 and I have AVG antivirus installed.

I have the latest java drivers, flash drivers and nvidia drivers.

This is my specs:
Running Win 7 ulti 64 bit.
Core i5-2500k 3,3 GHz
8 gigs of ram
GeForce GTX 570
and the MB is a Maximus IV Gene-Z/Gen3

Any help/fixes/solutions or suggestions is MUCH appreciated, as this is starting to annoy me quite a lot.

Thanks in advance.

A:All of a sudden, my games lags

Have you tried to uninstall the Godus game to see if that fixes the problem? Even if it doesn't, its worth a try. You can always re-install it afterwards if it does or doesn't correct the issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/all-of-a-sudden-my-games-lags.196741/
Relevancy 29.24%

Hey,

I bought a pre-built gaming computer a few months ago and I've had no lag(FPS) problems at all. Today when I booted it, I opened my favorite game and its lagging like crazy. I don't know if its something bottlenecking or its some kind of malware/virus etc. I've tried Malwarebytes(free version) and deleted the files that were said to be infected, still having lots of lag. Please help guys, Thanks!

PC SPECS:
Intel Core i5-3330 @ 3GHz
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660
8GB RAM @ 1600MHz
500W PSU
1TB WD Blue 7200RPM Internal Drive

A:Games all of the sudden lagging

You are fine. Try downloading the latest nvidia driver from here. Choose the "Custom Install" option then Check the box that says "Clean Install". Tell me if that fixes the issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/games-all-of-the-sudden-lagging.196608/
Relevancy 28.38%

Long of it Hey I was playing Minecraft this Friday night when suddenly the screen stopped working correctly The moniter diplays everything fuzzy similer to the background here However at the top of my screen maybe about a centimeter everything is fine I can see the title bar of open folders and even managed to move my task bar up to the top of the screen and can see it about half way I can start the computer and access folders programs threw guessing where the icons are or using the keyboard to select the icons Works best when I have hot keys to work with to remove the clicking guesswork I m not sure what is going on with my laptop I purchased it almost a year ago on June th So I m probably out of luck on the manufacturer s warranty but I did purchase the year warranty from Wallmart so I m trying there But as my collage classes start on the th sooner I can get my laptop working the better Short of it The graphics on my Dell Laptop ain t working properly I can see a centimeter at the top properly but that is it The computer itself still works on issue Laptop Dell Sudden graphics I can open access everything I just don t have a visual on the GUI to make clicking things easy Is there anything I can do to alleviate this problem while waiting to hear back about my warranty Sudden graphics issue on Dell Laptop Or am I just out of luck My laptop is an Inspiron N Intel Core i - M Processor GB Memory Integrated Intel HD Graphics Windows Home Premiun -bit Microsoft Office Starter Dell Stage software nbsp

A:Sudden graphics issue on Dell Laptop

It's the sort of screen corruption seen when the integrated graphics are shot. The laptop probably needs a new motherboard. Playing high intensity video games for long periods on laptops isn't a good idea unless they have been designed to do the job. That warranty should come in handy.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sudden-graphics-issue-on-dell-laptop.195152/
Relevancy 28.81%

Hello I have a three games a are all All of sudden lagging online year old ASUS gaming laptop with Windows GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX M video card I noticed a problem when I could no longer All online games are lagging all of a sudden play Mass Effect multiplayer online without considerable lag The last time this happened I was having CPU spikes but that was fixed This time none of that is happening when All online games are lagging all of a sudden I am having lag I tried lowering the graphics settings and updating my graphics card and doing windows updates with only very minor improvement When I have tried playing games such as Left for Dead Orcs Must Die and Diablo online through Steam and Origin I keep losing connection and getting booted out of games It happened last night and I couldn t make it through a game without getting kicked off My internet connection itself is fine and I haven t experienced any lag when just surfing the web I haven t tried youtube yet though I don t understand why it s doing this all of a sudden The only thing that I have downloaded in the past couple of weeks was Quicktime and Java because I am in grad school and one of my professors keeps posting lectures via Quicktime I really would like to be able to fix this with your help and not have to take it in if possible I m a poor college student and I just want to play Mass Effect with my boyfriend nbsp

A:All online games are lagging all of a sudden

Hi there RayRay,

It might help to download the latest wireless drivers for your laptop. I'm sure if you go to the ASUS website for your specific laptop, there will be a download section where you can download drivers. Look if you can find one for your Ethernet (LAN) port if you are connecting via cable to the internet, or one for your wireless one. Let me know if this is any help.

From a fellow poor university student

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/all-online-games-are-lagging-all-of-a-sudden.190165/
Relevancy 29.24%

I have an Alienware m17x and I have been playing games on this primarily using steam for the last year. In that time I have never experienced any FPS problems. Last night I was playing DayZ for a while and it seemed that my charger was getting extremely warm so I stopped playing. Today I tried to play and discovered that my fps was really low. I then tested out Battlefield 3 as it is a graphically challenging game and I had never had problems with it before. It seems I am getting low fps with all of my games and I think it may have something to do with my charger not enhancing performance as it should but I'm not sure because the charger still charges the laptop fine. Any help would be greatly appreciated

A:Getting really low fps with all video games all of a sudden :(

Conor said:

I have an Alienware m17x and I have been playing games on this primarily using steam for the last year. In that time I have never experienced any FPS problems. Last night I was playing DayZ for a while and it seemed that my charger was getting extremely warm so I stopped playing. Today I tried to play and discovered that my fps was really low. I then tested out Battlefield 3 as it is a graphically challenging game and I had never had problems with it before. It seems I am getting low fps with all of my games and I think it may have something to do with my charger not enhancing performance as it should but I'm not sure because the charger still charges the laptop fine. Any help would be greatly appreciatedClick to expand...

Dude, I have the exact same problem! In fact, I just made the exact same post basically. I have an Alienware m17x. Last night my laptop got very hot, for some reason, and my FPS rates were lower. I can still play games but it seems that it is not as smooth.

Previously when I had FPS problems it was because my "power supply" settings where set to minimum. When I set them back to average it was fine. Today when I set my power settings to maximum power it seems to make my game run fine. But still the problem is why? It should not take maximum power usage. Something is wrong here and I do not know what it is. Maybe the fans need to be dusted?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/getting-really-low-fps-with-all-video-games-all-of-a-sudden.183400/
Relevancy 27.09%

I recently switched from Verizon Fios to Brighthouse Cable time warner internet as I was really not using all the bandwidth I was paying for before Unfortunately I have had nothing but problems in the month since installation After significant troubleshooting I have alleviated several of the internal network issues I had with the new modem but am still having a DNS problem Essentially at seemingly random intervals or immediately if I open bittorrent websites will not connect I reset and renew and dns flush but nothing helps Some programs will stay connected skype dropbox etc and some will not games seem to suffer the same as the web browsing Resetting the modem does not seem to help The diagnostic report through windows troubleshooting says its a problem communicating with the DNS server The router receives dynamic IP and DNS information so I can t change anything there but I put some free dns servers on this computer s list instead of finding Constant DNS errors them automatically This did not help though This leads me to believe this is some networking communications issue not a problem with the DNS servers themselves I disabled DHT in Bittorrent but the problems still occur so I just have stopped using it Oddly enough when I open it on another computer I can still browse the internet on this one though the dns problems do become more frequent even when its open on another computer To emphasize Constant DNS errors the point though the problem occurs at seemingly random intervals regardless of what applications are running I am only noting bittorrent since it seems to trigger the problem very quickly From all of this it seems like there is a problem between the new modem and my network its just two routers with dhcp disabled hooking up wired computers throughout the house I would be very glad for someone elses input on the matter hopefully its a simple setting but could be a defective router or modem I suppose as well Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Constant DNS errors

Do you have the same problems is your pc is plugged directly into the modem?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/constant-dns-errors.182338/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hi It seems I have tried everything but maybe someone will have ideas On my laptop with Windows I have Logitech desktop USB noise Microphone constant microphone nad it Microphone constant noise produces constant buzz when i Microphone constant noise am with headphones If I am without them I get a very strong high-pitched noise which increases so I guess it s feedback Microphone constant noise When I am with headphones turning off Samsung EDS Enhanced Digital Sound feature helps alot but the buzz is still there Unmuting mic in playback devices changes buss to hiss Also it s not a ground-loop because if laptop is unplugged nothing changes And the built-in mic works good apart sound quality so the sound card is okay too I guess USB mic has no mic boost feature so this is also not the case I have tried the mic on my roomate s laptop and it acts the same - buzzing and feedbacking Any ideas Or perhaps the mic itself is faulty although I think it s unlikely Also even if my mic is muted or is turned off has a button for that it still produces the buzz sound although considerably more quiet nbsp

A:Microphone constant noise

I wonder if the mic is picking up electrostatic interference?
This would be more intense near fluorescent lamps, power cables, appliances etc., but decrease if you shield the mic with foil, or a metal box.
If not, then the mic is probably faulty.
Hope this is some help

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/microphone-constant-noise.180058/
Relevancy 26.23%

I just reformatted and reinstalled windows, totally updated all my drivers and everything is like it was before -- no change in hardware configuration either, but now I notice a buzzing/scratchy noise coming from my speakers all of the time.

Under inspection of the volume board, I see that under Realtek Audio output, the entry "Front" is the one controlling this sound, when I lower the volume the sound goes away. However, all other sound is lowered too.

I don't know what this problem could be since I never have experienced it before and I did not do any hardware changes that could have resulted in any kind of wiring issues.

A:Constant 'dry noise' coming from speakers?

Try getting the latest driver from the manufacturer of the sound card, or if its onboard sound, from the motherboard makers website.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/constant-dry-noise-coming-from-speakers.178550/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hello, on my laptop I've been having horrible lag spikes while playing any sort of game. This problem was not present about 10 months ago and i used to be able to play games very smoothly without any problems.

My Laptop is a Gateway NV52, 4 GB ram, and 320 gb hdd.

I think there has to be something in my backround processes that is eating up so much memory.

I also have a picture of one of these cpu usage spikes, i believe it is pretty bad lol.

Any help to solving this problem would be greatly appreciated, it is such a hassle to play games and just having my fps go down the drain and my laptop running so slow

A:Constant 100% CPU usage, lag spikes on laptop while playing games

Try downloading and running this tool:
http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/files/file/187-tfc-temp-file-cleaner-by-oldtimer/

What anti virus and anti malware programs are you running?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/constant-100-cpu-usage-lag-spikes-on-laptop-while-playing-games.173820/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hello there I hope I am posting in the right place First off the spec of my laptop AMD Athlon tm II P Dual-Core Processor GHz GB RAM ATI Mobility Radeon HD I run Windows -bit The problem is that I cant seem to run games without getting lag For instance Dragon Age- the only requirement that my laptop might not meet is the processor dual core minimum however I can even top that I can make graphics the best quality or make it the worst it lags almost the same Oblivion that thing requires a Pentium yet I still get lag again the same situation where I can put the best or the worst graphics out? lag is there what, way no matter no Constant on The lag that I am talking about is not terrible for instance the games run at around or more FPS judging by the eye and every once in a while drops to around It is not much but definitely makes the playing experience much less enjoyable I do turn off all of the background programs I even use this little program game booster The hard drive is not crammed to the top I even separated the drive to a few parts for games and for Windows So yea any tips Or am i doomed to play in this ridiculous situation where no matter what Constant lag no matter what, is there no way out? graphic settings you put on you still get lag PS When games are turned on the ventilator blows out quite hot air nbsp

A:Constant lag no matter what, is there no way out?

How big is the hard drive? How big are the partitions? When you partition a hard drive, you waste a lot of space and slow down its data access. Something you never want to do with a laptop

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/constant-lag-no-matter-what-is-there-no-way-out.172269/
Relevancy 29.24%

It just started rattling and grinding and sounding terrible. It's the case fan on the back, not the side, not the power supply or the psu, I know this because I reached in and put my finger in the fan on the back, stopping it, and it was what was causing the noise.
It was so loud that I actually inhibited the fan so it's not working now. My case is open so I figured it wouldn't get too hot in there, but what can I do to fix the fan?
Blowing it out with an air can didn't do any good.

A:My case fan all of a sudden got really loud!

The bearings might be failing. It happens. You just replace the fan with a new one. It's easy and new case fans don't cost too much.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-case-fan-all-of-a-sudden-got-really-loud.171437/
Relevancy 26.66%

In the past few days, I have been having very regular internet lag spikes. This isn't very noticable while browsing online, but in multiplayer games it is very annoying. Every couple of seconds or so my ping will jump to around 300. I have done a scan on my computer with malwarebytes and microsoft security essentials.

I'm using windows 7 64 bit, and I am on a wired connection.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/constant-internet-lag-spikes.170290/
Relevancy 27.95%

it was working fine this morning, and i'd left my computer copying files on to it all day, and when i got back to it just now it started telling me that this hard drive doesn't exist.. it had it as g:, and i have another one plugged in now called f: (which is showing up okay), and my computer's hard drive is split in two, c and d, so it's not a name confusion thing.. just stopped working all of a sudden, even its little light isn't lighting up.. .. i managed to use it fine once before, to copy files on to (needed to do that so i didn't lose everything when i wiped my computer's hd, for another reason (most stubborn virus i've ever met)).. .. so what should i do now? is my stuff still salvagable?

A:WD hard drive, almost brand new, not showing up in my computer all of a sudden

Is it an external hdd? You could start Disk Management (press start, and run diskmgmt.msc). If your hdd shows up there you can right click and assign a new drive letter.
You can also try to connect it to another computer.

Sadly it's also possible that your hard drive just died, even if it's new. In that case you should return it to wherever you bought it and get a replacement, but your data could be difficult to recover (maybe it's possible, but very expensive). One of my Transcend external drives stopped working after only a few weeks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wd-hard-drive-almost-brand-new-not-showing-up-in-my-computer-all-of-a-sudden.169342/
Relevancy 26.23%

I get constant long (about 8 seconds) loud beeping noise one out of 2 times i turn on my comp.. and i would be really thankful if someone would point me in the right direction.. one out of 2 times i turn on my comp.. it starts beeping.. after i restart it a couple of times, windows starts up and works normally without any problem.I checked the Complete Bios BEEP guide but i didnt really find anything for my situation.. I have a custom built comp.. XFX nForce 790i ultra sli motherboard with Core2Duo Processor (3.16ghz), 6 gb of ram, (3x 2gb, there r 4 slots for ram.. so 3 out of 4 are filled) , 750w power supply, GTX470 vid card..

A:Constant long, loud beeps?

When did this problem start? had you changed anything before it started to happen? What is the age of the system?

Check all external and internal connections, remove all cards including the Memory and clean the contacts with a soft pencil eraser (up and down the contacts not from side to side) and reseat the cards. Test.

You could also try a start up with just one memory stick installed, then swap so you test with one stick at a time. Also try with just one memory stick per channel.

What is the make of your bios? you will see the name at the top of the screen during post. Please also state your OS.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/constant-long-loud-beeps.163958/
Relevancy 27.09%

Hey guys,

So i have this problem...Everyday from morning to 3:30pm my internet continuously disconnects and they reconnects non-stop. Every time i reconnect and play games or do homework it will eventually disconnect in 15-30 mins. However once it hhits 3:30pm all connections become stable again till the next morning. Any ideas on whats going on here? Is my internet being hijacked?

Thx guys!!!

A:Constant disconecting?

Have you contacted your ISP to change your lines?
When last have you reset your cable or dsl modem?
When last you updated the firmware in your router?
When last have you reset your router?
When last did you scan your system for pest?
When last did you update your system?

These are some of the areas you need to check first? You could have a bad modem, you can have a bad nic, you have all sorts of issues. But they need to be narrowed down first. Some trouble shooting on your end. But most of all contact your ISP and have them check your modem and they can now see your router.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/constant-disconecting.164170/
Relevancy 27.95%

Well I have been playing it for about a week now and it runs smooth maxed out and 4x AA. Now all of a sudden it runs at like 3 FPs and even when I switch to low settings its 10 FPS. WTF is going on? I've tried rebooting and ending most of the big processes in task manager. Also it runs fine in single player as normal but multiplayer is totally messed up n laggy. I have current date drivers and Game Boost which helped to increase FPS a bit so could it be that? because it started the second time I used BFBC2 with gameboost on. I run it through Steam too. Please help this is annoying. Oh and if this is important when I start playing CPU usage jumps to 100%. I'm not sure if it did that before.

A:FPS lagging problem all of a sudden? (games ran smooth but suddenly lag)

wwhat are your system specs? and please try updating all your drivers before trying anything else

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fps-lagging-problem-all-of-a-sudden-games-ran-smooth-but-suddenly-lag.164138/
Relevancy 27.95%

I found my screen goes black suddenly with lagged sound when i am watching video. It is the same when i am playing on both PowerDVD 10 Mark II Version 10.0.2429.51 and Windows Media Player 11. Below are the specifications:

1. AMD Phenom II X2 560BE at stock speed.
2. 2 x Kingston Value Series DDR3-1333 2GB ram (Ganged)
3. Gigabyte 870A-UD3 motherboard (Bios version: F5a)
4. Gigabyte Radeon HD5750 GDDR5 1GB graphic card
5. WD-5000AADS Caviar Green 500 GB hard drive
6. Creative SB Audigy Value
7. Coolermaster Extreme Power 460W psu
8. Coolermaster Hyper 212+ cooler
9. Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1
10. ATI Catalyst 11.2

Is my computer dying?

A:Sudden black screen and lagged sound when playing videos

have you tried different player? i.e. vlc or media player classic.
it can also be a codec issue, have you tried other video types?

yes i have tried both PowerDVD Mk I and Mk II and both are filled with bugs, especially when dealing with certain codecs. although i have to admit the video effects are sometimes useful.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sudden-black-screen-and-lagged-sound-when-playing-videos.163317/
Relevancy 14.62%

Hello guys......I need your help....I have sony vaio vgn-fs515b and after installing windows 7 i was updating its bios......!!!!

Everything was working fine but in between a blue screen came. It said that your system is shutting down due to some problem and at the end it said:

"Dumping physical memory".

When i restarted my laptop all the light were on but nothing came on screen. I don't know what to do.......Please help me........!!!!

I know this happened because of incomplete upgradation of bios but what should i do not?

A:Sony Vaio VGN-FS515b doesn't start after BSOD

The motherboards bios is corrupt. You may be able to correct this if you can pull the CMOS battery and reconnect it. Otherwise the motherboard will have to be replaced

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sony-vaio-vgn-fs515b-doesnt-start-after-bsod.162562/
Relevancy 29.67%

Ok I had
Asusu P6T Deluxe Version 2 Motherboard
Intel 980X Extremem CPU
EVGA Nvidia GTX295 Video CArd
12GB DDR3 Ram
1TB Western Digital Sata Drive
139 MB Western Digital Raptor Drive
DVD RW Blue Ray Burner
Card Reader
Thermaltake V6 Case
Corsair 1000 Watt Power Supply
Linksys WMP600 Wireless N Nic Card

Two things have changed

I know have the Asus P6TD Deluxe Motherboard
Linksys AE1000 Wireless N USB

A:Lag all of a sudden

What resolution are you playing at. Is this drops in fps or actual lag, lag has more to do with you're isp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lag-all-of-a-sudden.159717/
Relevancy 28.38%

Hello Today I experience the oddest thing I have ever seen on my PC This morning the power on button would not start my PC I checked the cable and the wall socket and popped the case to look inside Nothing seemed out of the ordinary I turned the case on its shut no start - random downs Sudden side to get better lighting inside and the PC started right up I Sudden no start - random shut downs was surprised at that so I stood it back up and it shut down I hit the power button and nothing happened so I tilted it on its side and hit the button and voila power So I let it boot and after its all done and windows is up I can use everything normally with no issues I turned Sudden no start - random shut downs the tower back up and it stayed on Not minutes later it shut off again and immediately restarted The second time it did this it ran a disk check Im assuming because of the sudden shut downs and it turned out fine Right now the PC stays on like nothing is wrong when its laying on its side As soon as I stand it back up it shuts down within a minute and restarts Its a Dell XPS Intel Core Quad Q ghz gig ram bit OS Windows Vista I have installed Nvidia Extra Case fans This PC has worked flawlessly since I bought it a year and a half ago and immediately installed the card and fans This is the first issue I have had and it feels like some sort of power short rather than an actual PC issue Any ideas Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Sudden no start - random shut downs

Sounds like your switch might be faulty what I would try is jiggling the wire to the power switch to see it shuts down.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sudden-no-start-random-shut-downs.159667/
Relevancy 28.81%

Suddenly my laptop turned off and restarted, no blue-screen, nothing.

As I tried to log-in, I noticed the keyboard no longer worked. I plugged in a USB keyboard which allowed me to log-in successfully. I looked at my drivers and there were three 'Base System Device' drivers not installed, I attempted to install them - only two installed, but none of them fixed my keyboard problem.

I've attempted to reinstalling drivers from the CD, as well as updating the drivers from the DELL website - it hasn't worked.

Does anyone have any ideas about what the problem is? Is it a hardware problem / keyboard connections frazzled?

Thanks for any help in advance.

A:Keyboard not working after sudden restart

Try a system restore...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/keyboard-not-working-after-sudden-restart.158748/
Relevancy 14.62%

On one rig I got GTS mb and it works flawlesslly However on another machine I got GTS Not 'oh really. so you GTS it crashes, BSOD, Gainward 250 name freezes... great'? gb which Gainward GTS 250 'oh so great'? Not really. BSOD, crashes, freezes... you name it earned the quot Piece Gainward GTS 250 'oh so great'? Not really. BSOD, crashes, freezes... you name it of sh t quot sticker The issues are usual for the gb model blue Gainward GTS 250 'oh so great'? Not really. BSOD, crashes, freezes... you name it screen restart games freeze crash audio loops inifinitely strange psychodelic colorful lines swarm the monitor cubes of various colors do the same And yes it happens in many games and to many people at least according to what I ve found browsing forums As with other people in my case too the issues happen with Bad Company Assassin s creed GTA etc It appears that the problem is with the nV drivers I ve found somewhere that installing a much older version of nVidia graphic drivers solves the issue but I d rather search for help on what to I ve updated BIOS Chipset Audio Lan DirectX nVidia GPU driver is Event Source nv Event ID Minidump files are bellow The error in the Event Viewer appeared on July th EDIT Forgot to mention tha powa is Thermaltek w Forward thanks Kreinzer nbsp

A:Gainward GTS 250 'oh so great'? Not really. BSOD, crashes, freezes... you name it

If its the 1gb model, just use a 512, you get like .01% less performance. And you could just update to the latest drivers, maybe Nvidia has since fixed the issues.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gainward-gts-250-oh-so-great-not-really-bsod-crashes-freezes-you-name-it.150050/
Relevancy 14.19%

Hello For the past two weeks my laptop has been beeping It doesn t beep when I first turn the computer on Once I m to the desktop it starts Vista Studio Dell 64 continuous a BSOD with beep and 1536 has to beep and it s VERY inconsistent It may beep every five minutes or every minutes Sometimes it beeps once and other times its beeped two Dell Studio 1536 with Vista 64 has a continuous beep and BSOD or three times fast And occasionally I get the BSOD saying something about quot dumping my physical memory quot On top of that when I load the computer I get an error saying that my Catalyst Control Centre is not working I just assumed all these things were connected A few months ago my hard drive died so I installed a new one I haven t had any issues until the issues I listed above all of which start just a few weeks ago Unfortunately my warranty has expired so Dell s support hasn t been much help So does this sound like the hard drive I installed is creating the issues Any advice is very helpful nbsp

A:Dell Studio 1536 with Vista 64 has a continuous beep and BSOD

Have you checked for crud in your keyboard... any cause for a sticking key, sticking space bar, etc.

Don't see how the hard drive could cause the problem.

Have you looked at all the Dell Beep Codes... They are posted elsewhere on this TechSpot forum... that could give you a starting point.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-studio-1536-with-vista-64-has-a-continuous-beep-and-bsod.154876/
Relevancy 14.62%

So i decided to fire up my brothers computer that he hasnt used for about 2 years and keep running into the bsod with the error about nvlddmkm.sys for my graphics card, the monitor is also blurred as in the colors are distorted and random colors will blurr to the right or the left of where they should be. I can get it to bootup once i go into safe mode and delete the nvlddmkm.sys but when i try and install the latest driver and reboot the same problem and same error pops up. Any advice on how to fix this error? And I was hoping that by installing the newest driver properly that perhaps the blurry screen will clear up, is that just wishfull thinking or could the blurry screen actually be fixed? The computer is running vista 64 with 4g ram and 750w psu. Thanks for the help guys.

A:BSOD video card 8800gtx error: nvlddmkm.sys

as you can imagine nvlddmkm.sys is part of the driver installation so simply deleting it will either cause errors or blue screens. there are a number of things that could be causing this to happen, such as corrupted files, a bad power supply, or even the card itself. the first thing i would advise is to do a clean installation of the display drivers, which requires you to use a piece of software such as Driver Sweeper to completely purge the associated driver files. once this is done, you can restart the computer and proceed to install the drivers normally.

if this fails, you may be looking at corruption in Vista itself or possibly with the motherboard chipset drivers. there's also a slim chance that you need to update DirectX software or frameworks for graphics-based software. if it comes down to having to test the actual hardware, there are limited options. the best way would be to test the card in another computer (preferably one with a different OS) and to test the power supply and RAM if you can. is there any reason in particular that the computer hasn't been used for a couple of years? there's always a possibility that your brother knew to replace something and never did

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-video-card-8800gtx-error-nvlddmkm-sys.151876/
Relevancy 28.38%

I have (Intel Sudden slow-down only 2.4 Ghz) processor 6850, now an Core Duo Ghz an ASUS Sudden processor slow-down (Intel 6850, now only 2.4 Ghz) PK board and DDR Corsair TwinX CL PC RAM Since the bios settings were accidentally reset a few weeks ago the processor is only running at Ghz anymore With some help from old threads in this forum I found a too Sudden processor slow-down (Intel 6850, now only 2.4 Ghz) low FSB speed is the reason The FSB should be Mhz In Sudden processor slow-down (Intel 6850, now only 2.4 Ghz) fact now it is only Mhz Due to this the processor now only runs at Mhz instead of Mhz Also I can t use the full RAM speed either the maximum i get is Mhz Mhz at a Ratio not Mhz as would normally be possible Problem is any attempts so far to get the FSB to a higher speed in the bios fail i already set manual Ai overclocking FSB speed and it just keeps ignoring these settings Any idea why this happens and why the previous settings stopped working to begin with after no problems for more than years nbsp

A:Sudden processor slow-down (Intel 6850, now only 2.4 Ghz)

Have you checked the CPU multiplier in BIOS? Sometimes that's actually what has reset.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sudden-processor-slow-down-intel-6850-now-only-2-4-ghz.151342/
Relevancy 28.38%

Here are my computer specs:
- CPU: AMD Phenom x4 9750
-Ram: 8 GB
-Hard drive: 750 GB
-Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce 9100 integrated graphics.
- PSU: 250 watt

I play video games fine on my computer, usually around 30 FPS. But sometimes, my FPS will drop to around 2 FPS, and stay like that for about 2 minutes, then return to normal. During this, my computer runs very slow. Does anyone know why it's doing this? (This just started recently. I've had my computer for about a year.)

A:Sudden crashes when playing video games

Totally wrong power supply for the equipment listed...
Have you tried just trading out the power supply for one with over 500 watts and good connectors, for a short test?

Depending on the brand and model of the 750 GB hdd, that could be contributing to the problem...

The CPU and the graphics card will also have peformance sufferance with that power supply

When you replace it, get a first class, decent one... from the many posts here on techspot... There are about 10 brands that are good and 80 that are bad.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sudden-crashes-when-playing-video-games.151617/
Relevancy 28.38%

Hi guys, I have this PC with this spec:

RAM - 2x kingston 2GB DDR3
VGA - NVIDIA GeForce GTS250
MB - GIGABYTE S-SERIES GA-P41T-ES3G
CPU - Intel Core 2 Quad CPU
PSU - SimCool 430W

My problem is that my PC starts to give me sudden shut down problem. no warning, no nothing, just shut down like when we pull the power plug.

I went to the shop where I bought this PC to check for any hard drive error, and they said nothing is wrong with it. they gave me a new power cable, the PC lasted for a 1 or 2 days without the problem.

And then now it started to give me this problem all over again.

Any comments or speculation on where the problem is?
anything i need to know to fix this?

Thanks for the help guys =)

A:Sudden shut down problem after not being turned on for 2 months

It could be any number of issues. What are your system temperatures? Sudden shut-downs can be caused by an overheating CPU.

Use HWMonitor to check your temps. If they're under control then it may be a problem with the PSU.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sudden-shut-down-problem-after-not-being-turned-on-for-2-months.150754/
Relevancy 26.23%

Last night my computer locked up. So I had to resort to a button power down. When I restarted the computer it started up, but there was no display. I tried switching pci-e slots to see if it would make a difference, I also tried using the on-board video. But there was no response from trying those.

Motherboard
ASRock amd 785G

Video Card
Geforce 9800 GTX

Any help would be greatly appreciated

A:Power up computer to a constant black screen

No BIOS, no beeps?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/power-up-computer-to-a-constant-black-screen.150729/
Relevancy 14.62%

Hello everyone,

I just bought some Hardware to build a new computer from Scratch.

I bought:

1. Asus P5E3 Pro Motherboard (DDR3 RAM DIMMS)
2. PSU Coolmax CUL-750B 750W
3. 2x2GB OCZ OCZ3G10664GK R (DDR3 RAM)
4. VGA Card - ASUS ENGTS250/DI/512MD3
5. Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 2.66Ghz 1333

I installed Windows 7 x64bit OEM

I am having problems with BSOD (different ones not the same one every time)

I would like to know if its a compatibility Problem with My RAM and Motherboard or could it be something else. I am very bad with Hardware and I just bought parts that I knew could fit in theory.

BIOS is set to default because I don't know how to configure it (Probably thinking why did I buy parts instead of a built computer)

Could you please help?

A:Compatible RAM for Asus P5E3 Pro Motherboard (BSOD)

Your RAM isn't on Asus' memory QVL (Qualified Vendors List)-but that isn't to say that it's not supported.
Having your power supply checked might be an option if your graphics card seems to run slow or you are getting fluctuating performance.
Because OCZ memory modules lack what are called embedded XMP profiles, your motherboard will have difficulty assigning a setting for them so you will need to do it manually.
Download Memtest86+ from here http://www.memtest.org/#downiso
***under the Memtest86+ v4.00, select "Download -Pre-compiled bootable iso ", save and unzip if downloading the zip file then burn a BOOTABLE CD using ImgBurn or your usual burning software (Nero etc.).- this program runs at BIOS level
Download MemSet here http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/System-Info/MemSet.shtml
You can also download CPU-Z -it gives a much simplified version of the RAM timings but you can also access chipset and CPU info. download here http://www.cpuid.com/cpuz.php

First order of business would be ascertain whether the RAM modules are not defective.
I presume the RAM in question is OCZ's Gold XTC modules - if they are then you can try to manually select the timings- they should be on a sticker on the side of the RAM, which should be 7-7-7-21 ( CAS (or CL)-tRCD-tRP-tRAS) at 1.5 to 1.6 volts.
IF THIS IS NOT YOUR RAM THEN GO NO FURTHER, If it is then you need to set it in order to test it for stability.
Boot into your BIOS. Select the second tab "A.I.Tweaker"
Set PCIE Frequency to 100 (if not already set)
Set DRAM Frequency to DDR3-1066 (if not already set)
Set DRAM Command rate to 2T (if not already set)
Set DRAM Timing Control to Manual
Note the string of timings following "Pri.Information" on the next line-they should be the same as the settings you are about to input.
Set CAS# Frequency to 7 DRAM Clocks
Set RAS# to CAS# Delay to 7 DRAM Clocks
Set RAS# Precharge to 7 DRAM Clocks
Set RAS# Active time to 21 DRAM Clocks
leave the rest of the timings on Auto for now and move down the page until you get to..
DRAM Voltage ....type in 1.60
Hit F10 to save and exit
**If you can boot into windows then run Memset (NOT the Memtest86+ cd you burned!) and note -or better still get a screen capture of the timings (and include in your next post)-here is an example of one of my old screenshots-take no notice of the values but note that both modules SPD (A and B )values are shown-so expand the window.

** If you cannot load Windows then get back to the BIOS and revert settings by choosing Restore Defaults, F10 to save and exit. The likely cause will be insufficient MCH (Northbridge) voltage.
If Memset shows you the correct values and voltage then you can move on to testing.
Reboot and select CD as your first bootable drive
Insert your Memtest86+ bootable cd into the drive
Hit F10 to save and exit
Memtest86+ will boot automatically once the motherboard POST's. As it's a DOS program it is fairly straightforward -The test actually comprises 8 seperate tests. Once all 8 have run then your RAM has completed a "Pass" -for 4Gb a Pass takes around 20-30 minutes.
Run 7 (minimum) to 12 passes. If the testing shows no errors then stop the test at your leisure.
Return to your BIOS, change the boot order back to Harddrive (I assume)
Take the CD out of the drive
F10 to save and exit -congratulations your RAM is stable. The next step would be to stress test the CPU/RAM fo test for stability- but one thing at a time

If the test throws up errors then note the Number of the test and the error code- the test will continue if the errors are not to great. If the testing serquence stops then stop the test, reboot, change boot order, remove cd and F10.
The RAM could fail from either physical damage it has suffered or the timing (and sub-timings) are unstable. We can look into that if the need arises.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/compatible-ram-for-asus-p5e3-pro-motherboard-bsod.141038/
Relevancy 29.24%

this pc is running fine almost a years then one day i normally power it up all of a sudden it display a quick BSOD then restart itself very quick I try this option-safemode last known good config it really can t boot to windows i try to repair windows using windows rec console with my xp cd post Ecs-motherboard no sudden but it hangs and freezes on screen and no response on keyboard i try this a few times Ecs-motherboard sudden no post but still it freezes I go to Cmos it still freezes The last option I did was opening the case and try reseatting the ram and Ecs-motherboard sudden no post cleaning the dust on heatsink itself This time when i powered the pc no post no signal and no display i try clearing the cmos and another ram still no post i removed the battery and change with a working one still no post do you think my mobo is dead Is there any option to get my mobo to get it signal and post again Pls help me guys I don t want to buy a new mobo Is there any option to repair this mobo nbsp

A:Ecs-motherboard sudden no post

This might have been caused by a failed hard drive in the beginning. Now it may well be a bad motherboard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ecs-motherboard-sudden-no-post.146355/
Relevancy 28.38%

Hi. My computer is around 2yrs old and it has always serve me well in games. It's only recently that it started to drop frame rates all of a sudden while gaming. I didn't have this problem b4 wif the same games and I did clean my cooler fins and fans once in a while. Anybody has any idea?

A:Sudden drop in frame rate during gaming

whats games are you playing that have the drop in frame rate

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sudden-drop-in-frame-rate-during-gaming.145137/
Relevancy 27.95%

Last night my computer froze, so I turned it off and on. When I turned it back on a screen popped up saying "yadayadayada mainboard" pentium inside, and in the corner it says bios-delete. There was nothing different, thats whats always been there since I got the computer. After that, it goes to a black screen and nothing happens. I can hear the computer running and I know everythings on. Any ideas whats going on? It just did this out of the blue

A:My computer turns on, shows one screen, then blackness. Sudden problem

What type of computer?
What is the OS?
What model, brand an etc?
Did this ever happen prior to this issue?
What where you doing prior when this first happen?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-computer-turns-on-shows-one-screen-then-blackness-sudden-problem.140571/
Relevancy 25.8%

I ve seen quite a few threads from searching google but the people have never posted the solution I don t believe this is the squeal of death and it only occurs on select games Namely Crysis World In Conflict Borderlands Defense Grid The Awakening Now the first two are system intensive but the last is not in any way system intensive I could probably run versions of this game AND I can play fallout on high settings and i ve not experienced a single crash even after playing for hours Crysis crashes within minutes every time without fail Even after leaving my computer overnight On that does anybody else have any suggestions My gpu under load is c but I played like that high with need tone Desparately crash help... constant pitched for hours before on another game i have the logs of the fpu and not crash Yet I play crysis which usually steadies c and it crashes within minutes What I m hoping for is somebody who has had this exact issue and found a fix or somekind of compatibility settings I can test or a diagnostics program which will save a log of everything every second like temps and voltage usage etc ANY help is greatly greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Desparately need help... crash with constant high pitched tone

Have you opened your case to try and ascertain where the high pitched tone is coming from?

You make it sound like it is constant. Do you get these issue at any other time? What are your graphic card temperature parameters per manufacturer?

80C = 176F

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/desparately-need-help-crash-with-constant-high-pitched-tone.137139/
Relevancy 15.05%

Hello,

I have a Dell Inspiron 8600 laptop. At the moment, I have no OS running, as I am trying to reformat my computer. In doing so, I received the BSOD message: partmgr.sys - Address F87C04AB base at F87BE000.

Do I need a new hard drive?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

KJA6

A:BSOD message: partmgr.sys

What Windows CD version are you using to boot with and did you set the CD as the first boot device? I could be wrong but maybe you aren't booting correctly.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-message-partmgr-sys.137335/
Relevancy 26.23%

Occasionally while playing WoW my computer crashes I ve considered that it might be a goofy memory problem so I was going to run a memchecker Upon changing my bios so that my CD Constant change Bios beeps on drive loads first part of running memcheck and restarting my internal speaker makes continual beeps with a black screen Upon resetting my CMOS everything boots fine Upon further attempts I Constant beeps on Bios change have found that changing ANYTHING beyond the default short-out settings even changing my bios to quot default optimal settings quot causes this failure I have -absolutely- no idea why this is unless my battery has gone dead and trying to load non-defaults is making the baord cranky or something Any ideas My loadout -Intel Core Duo E Conroe GHz LGA W Dual-Core Processor Model BX E - CORSAIR XMS GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Dual Channel -Antec True Power Trio TP - W ATX V SLI Certified CrossFire Ready Active PFC Power Supply with Three V -Foxconn MARS motherboard - EVGA -P -N -AR GeForce GTS MB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready SLI Running XP SP bit nbsp

A:Constant beeps on Bios change

Does the clock in Windows show the correct date and time, even after you unplug the computer from the wall for a night?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/constant-beeps-on-bios-change.137066/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hello all I just recently spent a chunk of my life s precious savings on a new computer and put windows on it because why not Well ever since day it has been freezing constantly once every few hours when I am in the middle of using the computer will not freeze if left alone for any amount of time Checking the event logger I get an Error at the time of the crash A fatal hardware error has occurred Component AMD Northbridge Error Source Machine Check Exception Error Type HyperTransport Watchdog Timeout Error Processor ID Click to expand When I restart this dialog box is displayed Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode Crashing Constant + Error Hardware BCP BCP FFFFFA A A F BCP BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Click to expand I have asked around and no one I ve asked can come to a consensus on what the problem is Some say it s the RAM some say the motherboard some say the CPU or PSU If any further information is needed please let me know I want to solve this issue while I can still return some components Thanks nbsp

A:Constant Crashing + Hardware Error

Both 0x9C (XP code) and 0x124 (Vista error code that has replaced the 0x9C) errors are very difficult to pin down because it can be any hardware you have.

Please see this thread whereby I tried to help someone fix his issue. It is long and he has not responded in a week but it will give you ideas on the diagnostics you can perform: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic135687.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/constant-crashing-hardware-error.136772/
Relevancy 14.62%

Hey everyone I m back with another problem This time it s in my personal laptop So about weeks ago a friend of mine installed GB RAM into my nv4_disp Help BSOD infinite loop with laptop After a couple of days with the RAM I turned on my laptop and find my screen flashing red Parts of the screen were pixeled red After backing up my files through safe mode I brought the computer to the college tech support They figured Help with nv4_disp infinite loop BSOD it s a driver problem so they updated my video driver Into what I cannot remember The problem randomly appeared and that forced me to format and start fresh So a new problem arose As the title suggested I randomly get the nv disp infinite loop BSOD Sometimes Help with nv4_disp infinite loop BSOD my screen would just freeze and not do anything Sometimes the screen flashes Help with nv4_disp infinite loop BSOD but I can still move my mouse pointer And it hasn t really been too friendly when I open the only two games I have in my computer in an attempt to see how bad the damage is I looked up some solutions online which included uninstalling and reinstalling drivers After a few attempts of that with the update the NVIDIA website provided I rolled back my driver into driver version So here are some things about my computer Model Dell Latitude D System Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack Computer Intel R Core TM Duo CPU t GHz GHz with GB of RAM Driver Details Currently NVIDIA Quadro NVS M Driver Version Personally I wouldn t mind this problem But I have a final project for a class where I need a video presentation and I am using Pinnacle Studio I m not sure if it s just me being retarded and missing a driver to install but I m pretty sure I reinstalled everything after formatting my computer Any help is greatly appreciated If any more information is needed please tell me so I can attempt to provide you with correct information not completely tech savvy for a computer engineering major ironically nbsp

A:Help with nv4_disp infinite loop BSOD

First of all you have to make sure that the 667 memory and the nvidia driver is compatible with your Dell laptops model, and you should use the Nvidia video and chipset driver from Dell and not from the nvidia site. You can up the shared video memory to 256MB maximum

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-nv4_disp-infinite-loop-bsod.137089/
Relevancy 15.05%

hi.

my system:

gigabyte X48TDQ6 mobo
qx9650cpu
gtx285
2X2gb ocz ddr3 1600mhz

my problem:

i have run my system for about a year with q6600 cpu with no problems with this mobo,memory,graphic card.

yesterday i have changed my cpu to qx9650 with the intel stock cpu fan. when i play games after 20 minutes i get bsod and the system reboot even in regular use on desktop.

the cpu temp in idele is about 27 deg. (not seems beacuse overhit)

on bios everythind on standart/auto (no o.c).

i upgrade my bios revision.

the bsod is "not less or equel" something:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1037

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: a
BCP1: 0000000010000002
BCP2: 000000000000000C
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: FFFFF800020BCAC1
OS Version: 6_0_6001
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1

thanx 4 any help.

A:Bsod after replacing cpu

look on the box the CPU came in, or run CPU-z and see what the revision is. If it is an E0 you need BIOS F8D beta to run that CPU. At least that is what Gigabyte is showing for that CPU on the GA-X48-DQ6 mobo. I couldn't find a GA-X48-TDQ6 mobo listed on their site. Typo or wrong region possibly? Also check windows updates. There may be something for that CPU, or maybe you need more than SP1 on your OS? Your BSOD screen by the way is referencing a failure to read paged memory.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-after-replacing-cpu.134111/
Relevancy 14.62%

I came home from a vacation after summer everything was my and Just computer new installed now processor gets BSOD's 955) (X4 already Just installed new processor (X4 955) and now my computer gets BSOD's set up in my computer except that I had sold Just installed new processor (X4 955) and now my computer gets BSOD's the Phenom X before I left which left my computer well CPU-less When I came back I bought a new Phenom X So I installed the processor and the stock heatsink and fan that came with it No I m not overclocking the CPU No I m not doing anything else out of the ordinary I ve had this processor installed for at least a week now My computer will just randomly get the blue screen of doom or death and just restart I NEED TO KNOW HOW TO FIX THIS PROBLEM I can t take this anymore I downloaded a program called BlueScreenView by NirSoft so that I can view the BSOD error codes etc etc So I can tell you exactly what BSOD happened and at what time I just need to know how to fix it The three BSOD s I ve been getting are DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL x d KERNEL MODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED x e and PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA x HOW CAN I FIX ANY OF THESE nbsp

A:Just installed new processor (X4 955) and now my computer gets BSOD's

Sounds like a bios update might help. Version 2606 appears to be the latest for Vista if you have 32 bit.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/just-installed-new-processor-x4-955-and-now-my-computer-gets-bsods.133084/
Relevancy 14.62%

hi i have been getting random bsod when playing games and sometimes watching videos online says video driver stopped responding sometimes bsod sometimes it recovers says to upgrade drivers which i have doesnt help it has done this with every driver i have installed.

vista home premium
asus p5q pro
ati 4780 512
2/2g corsiar dominator
e 8400 @ 3.00
XFI PLATINUM
pc power +cooling 750 w
2/300g vel raptor hd raid o

hers the mini dump please help

A:Random bsod video drivers

Your video card may be over heating

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/random-bsod-video-drivers.132166/
Relevancy 15.05%

Can t seem to find any solutions to this ongoing problem Currently Kernel_Mode_Exception_Not_Handled_M BSOD, using WinDbg to debug issue however I am not having much luck Here are the two latest BSOD Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version X Loading Dump File C WINDOWS Minidump Mini - dmp Mini Kernel Dump File BSOD, Kernel_Mode_Exception_Not_Handled_M Only registers and stack trace are available Symbol search path is msdl Executable search path is Windows Server Kernel Version Service Pack MP procs Free x compatible Product LanManNt suite TerminalServer SingleUserTS Built by srv sp gdr - Machine Name Kernel base x PsLoadedModuleList x af c Debug session time Wed Jul GMT- System Uptime days Loading Kernel Symbols Loading User Symbols Loading unloaded module list Unable to load image navex sys Win error n WARNING Unable to verify timestamp for navex sys ERROR Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for navex sys Bugcheck Analysis Use analyze -v to get detailed debugging information BugCheck E c b d ba b Probably caused by navex sys navex f ba Followup MachineOwner --------- kd gt analyze -v Bugcheck Analysis KERNEL MODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED M e This is a very common bugcheck Usually the exception address pinpoints the driver function that caused the problem Always note this address as well as the link date of the driver image that contains this address Some common problems are exception code x This means a hard coded breakpoint or assertion was hit but this system was booted NODEBUG This is not supposed to happen as developers should never have hardcoded breakpoints in retail code but If this happens make sure a debugger gets connected and the system is booted DEBUG This will let us see why this breakpoint is happening Arguments Arg c The exception code that was not handled Arg b d ba The address that the exception occurred at Arg b Trap Frame Arg Debugging Details ------------------ EXCEPTION CODE NTSTATUS xc - The instruction at quot x lx quot referenced memory at quot x lx quot The memory could not be quot s quot FAULTING IP navex f ba b d ba ffb c a push dword ptr ecx AC h TRAP FRAME b -- trap xffffffffb ErrCode eax ebx e ecx edx esi e caa edi e e a eip b d ba esp b ebp b iopl nv up ei pl nz ac po cy cs ss ds es fs gs efl navex x f ba b d ba ffb c a push dword ptr ecx AC h ds ac Resetting default scope CUSTOMER CRASH COUNT DEFAULT BUCKET ID DRIVER FAULT SERVER MINIDUMP BUGCHECK STR x E PROCESS NAME vbda exe CURRENT IRQL LAST CONTROL TRANSFER from b d e to b d ba STACK TEXT WARNING Stack unwind information not available Following frames may be wrong b b d e e d e e e a navex x f ba b bc b d b e e f e navex x e e b d b a c e d ff b ac navex x e b b a e e f f e dd acd b ac navex x a c b b b a e e e d c e dd acd navex x ce b c b d navex x d e b c e e d c nt ExFreePoolWithTag x a STACK COMMAND kb FOLLOWUP IP navex f ba b d ba ffb c a push dword ptr ecx AC h SYMBOL STACK INDEX SYMBOL NAME navex f ba FOLLOWUP NAME MachineOwner MODULE NAME navex IMAGE NAME navex sys DEBUG FLR IMAGE TIMESTAMP b c FAILURE BUCKET ID x E navex f ba BUCKET ID x E navex f ba Followup MachineOwner --------- Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version X Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved Loading Dump File C WINDOWS Minidump Mini - dmp Mini Kernel Dump File Only registers and stack trace are available Symbol search path is msdl Executable search path is Windows Server Kernel Version Service Pack MP procs Free x compatible Product LanManNt suite TerminalServer SingleUserTS Built by srv sp gdr - Machine Name Kernel base x PsLoadedModuleList x af c Debug session time Wed Jul GMT- System Uptime days Loading Kernel Symbols Loading User Symbols Loading unloaded module list Bugcheck Analysis Use analyze -v to get detailed debugging information BugCheck E c b ef a b a a c Probably caused by hardware afd AfdTransmitFile a Followup MachineOwner --------- kd gt analyze -v Bugcheck Analysis KERNEL MODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED M e This is a very com... Read more

A:BSOD, Kernel_Mode_Exception_Not_Handled_M

you might want to post this in operating system and software.
i would suggest reinstalling windows myself.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-kernel_mode_exception_not_handled_m.130798/
Relevancy 15.05%

Just got a gift from a friend. A Panasonic CF48E. Put a new HD in it, Installed WIN XP pro, and was happy... NO sound.. Looking at the Control panell, looks like the Multimedia Audio Controller has a ( ! ) in the yellow circle. Downloaded what seems to be the correct drivers for it, ir starts to install but mid installation I get the Blue SOD, that says portcls.sys, and it shuts down, and restarts the laptop real fast ( no time to read what the blue screen says..
Anyone see that problem before?
Any solutions? I read all kinds of suggestions, but none work.
Help please.

A:Panasonic CF-48 E Portcls.sys BSOD

Try here:
http://www.panasonic.com/business/toughbook/toughbook-products.asp?cm_mmc=PCSC_Toughbook-_-iProspect_PPC%20-_-Google-_-panasonic%20toughbook

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/panasonic-cf-48-e-portcls-sys-bsod.130384/
Relevancy 15.05%

i was redirected here from the BSOD help as it may be a hardware problem I have a Gateway laptop running Windows XP media center edition with SP and whenever i try logging in it either boots me before loading up or within the first - seconds i have tried running in the last good configuration and safe mode but they dont work it just shuts off without a blue screen the screen has had trouble in the past and doesnt work well now so it is plugged into a computer monitor could that be the reason its having problems the thing is it has used this monitor for a good months at least before having problems I lent the laptop to my girlfriend so she could have a computer in her room with internet then it started doing this there is nothing of major importance on this computer so i really just wanna do a full system restore or repair but i dont know how The system wont stay on long enough and i dont have my cd key either i did just have one successful log in with an error report i am doing the list of things in and log hardly can BSOD microsoft says to do currently looking for updated drivers EDIT BSOD d then got back in and performed a BSOD and can hardly log in quick scan found nothing doing a full scan in hopes it finds something helpful nbsp

A:BSOD and can hardly log in

Memory or failing hard drive... You may have to take it in for service. What kind of scan, memory?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-and-can-hardly-log-in.129603/
Relevancy 15.05%

Hi,
Recently i suffer from BSOD on a daily basis. I can't put any finger on the reason, cause i see no rule. I suspect Outlook 2003 or AVG.
I have attached the the dump file. I dont know how to read it.
Please advise.
regards,
Tany

A:BSOD on XP SP3

What hardware or software did you install just prior to getting bsods?

Your current minidump shows "Stop 0xBE"

Which indicates that a driver attempted to write to read-only memory.

Possible Resolutions:

? A Stop 0xBE message might occur after installing a faulty device driver, system service, or firmware. If a Stop message lists a driver by name, disable, remove, or roll back the driver to correct the problem. If disabling or removing drivers resolves the issues, contact the manufacturer about a possible update. Using updated software is especially important for multimedia applications, antivirus scanners, DVD playback, and CD mastering tools.Click to expand...

Since you suspect AVG and since others have reported issues with AVG8, you may wish to try (Free products, available here)
Avira ... http://www.techspot.com/downloads/41-antivir-personal-edition.html
or Avast ... http://www.techspot.com/downloads/223-avast-home-edition.html

Because of reported security issues, I do not use Outlook, so others will need to assist you there.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-on-xp-sp3.129345/
Relevancy 15.05%

Hello... I'm new here.

I was using my laptop and there were updates. So I installed them before shutting down... but after I checked up on it again, there was a BSOD. The error was Stop Error 000000050: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA. Somebody help me please. My laptop is a Toshiba Satellite A215-S4747.

Thank you

A:Toshiba Laptop BSOD

Re: 0x50 errors

Defective memory (including main memory, L2 RAM cache, video RAM) or incompatible software (including remote control and antivirus software) might cause Stop 0x50 messages.

Possible Resolutions:

? If you added new hardware recently, remove and replace the hardware to determine if it is causing or contributing to the problem. Run diagnostics software supplied by the hardware manufacturer to determine if the component has failed.

? Stop 0x50 messages can also occur after installing faulty drivers or system services. If the file name is listed, you need to disable, remove, or roll back that driver. If not, disable the recently installed service or application to determine if this resolves the error. If this does not resolve the problem, contact the hardware manufacturer for updates. Using updated drivers and software is especially important for network interface cards, video adapters, backup programs, multimedia applications, antivirus scanners, and CD mastering tools. If an updated driver is not available, attempt to use a driver from a similar device in the same family. For example, if printing to a Model 1100C printer causes Stop 0x50 errors, using a printer driver meant for a Model 1100A or Model 1000 might temporarily resolve the problem.Click to expand...

Can you boot to safe mode? (f8 after power up - and after bios password if enabled).
From safe mode, right click on my computer, click on properties, click on "hardware" tab, click on "device manager" button.
Check for yellow or red flags... roll back drivers these drivers if possible.

I would like for you to check for memory errors as well...
Use Memtest... See this tutorial... http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html

Since these errors can have many causes...
I would like for you also to go to the Virus and Malware board, and follow carefully the 8 steps.
See here http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic58138.html

Until we can get a stable system for you, you may need to download the tools to another computer, and then burn them to a cd for use on the Toshiba.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-laptop-bsod.129164/
Relevancy 14.62%

Hi

When I try to use winrar to unrar a compressed file or something like that, it appears de blue screen and I hear the sound of the hard disk powering down I think (it's the same noise that the hard drive makes when I turn off my computer)

This problem started few days ago when I installed Jdownloader but I don't thing that the problem is related to it.

History: a year ago I got 2 hard drives in raid 1 mode and they failed but the disks are ok. I think that failed the motherboard's raid controller or disk controller. I've got the same mother with a diferent hard disk for a year ago.

Please help!

thanks
August

A:Bsod, Kernel Stack Input Error

Sounds like a memory problem... Test the system memory

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-kernel-stack-input-error.129257/
Relevancy 27.95%

I just bought an Acer Aspire 7520 (exhibition piece, used - like new) and received it in the post yesterday morning. After a whole day of running fine, I used a friend's T-Mobile Web'n'Walk usb dongle later in the day and about halfway through install the system froze (except for cursor motion, I couldn't click on anything). I forced a restart, and after the initial boot screen it was left on an almost completely black screen with a white blinking underscore in the top left corner, even left for a while this didn't change.

I've tried restoring default settings in the f2 Boot Menu, leaving the system shut down over night, but nothing else so far as I don't want to damage it further.

Please help!

A:Acer Aspire 7520, sudden boot problem

The hard drive data may be corrupted, or the hard drive may just be bad. Pull out the hard drive and see if you get a display of the initial post

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-aspire-7520-sudden-boot-problem.128954/
Relevancy 14.62%

i am having a little bit of an inconvenience with this pesky bsod error message it reads hardware malfunction call your hardware vendor for support NMI Parity check memory parity error the system has halted i have been skimming through forum threads from around of people having a similar problem but they all had dells and it occurred mostly in laptops i have got a heavily modded hp d small form factor desktop in fact the malfunction error hardware Bsod only thing i have that has anything to do with dell is my two monitors and a little CAT wired network Bsod hardware malfunction error pci adapter i installed a gig of ddr Kingston ram a agp video card and that dell net adapter all at the same time the problem started happening like a couple of weeks after that the old thread that i found is pages long and i haven t had time to read the whole thing i think it is that netcard but i dont want to open up my case take it out and the problem still occur so i wanted to know if anyone knew whether it is or isn t the problem b c like i said i upgraded other stuff at the same time thanks zach nbsp

A:Bsod hardware malfunction error

The parity check error is a likely pointer to defective (or poorly seated) memory,
Please run memtest... See this tutorial... http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html

Note that memtest should be allowed to run a minimum of 7 full passes. Each pass has eight tests of inclreasing complexity. This means that it will run a while. Allowing it to run overnight should give it enough time. Since it runs from its own environment, windows bsod will not be a problem. Any errors means you have one or more defective memory modules. If you find errors, you may wish to run Memtest on each module. If you bought the memory as a kit, you will likely need to RMA both modules.

Please also include some of your minidumps as attachments to your next post.
The name and model of your MB would also help. Some MB's are notoriously touchy about the ram that you use. If your Kingston ram is not on the MB maker's list for your board, this may be the problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-hardware-malfunction-error.129155/
Relevancy 15.05%

Hi,

I've been playing EVE online on my HP510 fine for several months when all of a sudden I am getting a blue screen with reference to Page in non paged area - further down the screen it mentions ialmdev5.dll. The machine uses a Mobile Intel 915GM/GMS 910GML Express Chipset for it's graphics and has worked fine the last couple of months.

I have downloaded the latest drivers from the HP site site, and have run 3x different memory test programmes - none of which found an error since I understand there can be RAM issues which cause this.

I am a little confused what could suddenly stp the thig from working - there was no patch and I have not installed new software,

I'm at a bit of a loss what to do now - any ideas or help?

A:BSOD - possible graphics problem?

ialmdev5.dll is an intel chipset driver. Go to HP's support site under your computers model and download and install the Intel Chipset drivers

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-possible-graphics-problem.128495/
Relevancy 15.05%

Hey people Now i know theres probably alot of threads on this topic already but this problem is a Just sick bsod problem - this ATI of about little different to what people have been describing I just helped my friend build his computer and i recommended all the pieces and put it all together installed everything etc Anyway about - minutes into a game it ll crash to the bsod Here s the interesting bit I used to have an ati card myself and it would do the exact same thing with every game i played My friends on the other hand so far its only doing it on NFS - Undercover and the latest Prince of Persia My hypothesis is the game loads into the ram but somehow or another the ati drivers do something crazy and stop unused data from being discarded Just about sick of this problem - ATI bsod out of the ram so it fills up the ram Just about sick of this problem - ATI bsod then the pagefile then crashes to bsod Thats my theory If anyone has any idea of what Just about sick of this problem - ATI bsod the hell is going on here it ll be greatly appreciated Here s his pc s specs case - nzxt tempest psu - antec truepower quattro w mobo - asus m a deluxe cpu - amd phenom am ghz ram - corsair ddr x gb mhz model no AL-TWIN X - C DF graphics - gigabyte hd hhd - seagate barracuda tb os - windows vista ultimate x sp I came to that hypothesis because when i had my ati card depending on the amount of ram the game used greatly factored how long it would take to crash to bsod I ve been looking around and so far i ve found these theories of how to fix it ati drivers werent tested properly on -bit vista the latest CCC drivers screw up big-time its dodgy memory There s alot more i could list but they re just a load of crap i m pretty damn sure its not the memory since we played crysis warhead on it for hours straight It could be the CCC but i dont think it is if it was i think it d be more of a driver problem then anything else which means uninstalling CCC won t make a difference I m really thinking it s a vista -bit problem but i cant find out until he brings the comptuer back over to my house So does anyone think they know whats going on here I m not a junior in computer repair i ve built and repaired plenty of laptops and computers to know what i m doing but i ve never needed to use a debug program so i might need some insight into how to do that if anyone needs a debug report or whatever Again thanks nbsp

A:Just about sick of this problem - ATI bsod

Try updating the ASUS motherboards bios

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/just-about-sick-of-this-problem-ati-bsod.128178/
Relevancy 14.62%

After fitting 8gb of crucial ram in my pc, i went back to crucials website to try out the memory scanner tool just out of curiosity. As soon as i try to run it it gives me an instant BSOD!! This happens on my brothers pc also. He has 8gb of diffrent brand ram. Any one else have/had this problem?

Its not really a big issue, im just curious.

A:Crucial memory scanner BSOD

Does this really matter? If everthing else works ok...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/crucial-memory-scanner-bsod.128140/
Relevancy 15.05%

hey guys...

i hope you guys can help me....i'm really having a hard time figuring out why pc goes blue screen of death whenever i play with garena(gg client)....when i had vista...it always crashes(bsod) even on 1v1!!!!i switched to xp and it still crashes 6 out of 10 times.....but when i play on my own...it doesnt bsod... the worst thing it can do is shut the program....only happens rarely.....

i have a laptop computer with:

T2050 1.6 ghz
2gb ram
intel gma 950

i hope you guys can help me with my problem.....thanks!!!

A:BSOD on warcraft dota?

The laptop may be overheating...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-on-warcraft-dota.128090/
Relevancy 15.05%

Wondering if anyone can help figure out why I'm getting this error.
Stop 0x0000008E(0x00000092,0xA65CDFEC,0xBA4D3BC8,0x00000000)
CHDAU32.sys Address A65CDFEC base at A65BD000
DATE STAMP 4851C198
My laptop is a Lenovo Thinkpad T400 model 2765T6U. I purchased it in January of this year and I'm upset that there is already a major error.

Other specs: Intel Core 2 Duo P8400 @2.26Ghz with Intel Turbo Memory (2GB)
Cache Memory L2 Cache 3MB
Ram: 2GB DDR3 SDRAM 1066mhz PC2-8500
HD 160GB 7200 rpm
Graphics Card: ATI Mobility Radeon HD3470

Since it was just purchased there have been no hardware changes. Thanks for the help.

A:Help with BSOD

Read: All about Minidumps and diagnosing them

Please check: Start-> Run-> C:\Windows\Minidump
For any Minidumps to Attach

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-bsod.127861/
Relevancy 27.09%

Guys I'm kinda :hotouch: here... PC fell into a constant reboot, out of the blue.. I've even formatted the HD, still with problem, taken out as many cards and devices as I can... Loads Win XP SP2, then outta the blue... bam! reboot... only thing I haven't taken out is the video adapter (gforce 6200 256)... any help you guys might provide will be more than appreciated... thnx...

A:Constant Reboot

sounds like a power supply issue or possibly something shorting out the board...

are you getting a blue screen before it reboots? and if you are, do you get an error message? ...if you are getting a BSOD (blue screen of death), go into your system properties control panel (or right mouse click my computer icon), goto the advanced tab, then click startup and recovery settings, disable the "automatically restart" checkbox, this will allow you to read the error message before the system reboots

did you change any harware in your case recently? (e.i. possibly drop a screw or a wire that could cause a short circuit?)

is there a device in PCI slot#1 (the slot closest to the AGP or PCI-e slot)?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/constant-reboot.41122/
Relevancy 29.24%

I play world of warcraft, and sometimes when I'm playing in full screen mode, i accidentally hit the windows key, which stops the game because the start bar has been initiated. Every time it does that, it either takes forever to ''catch up'' (meaning my desktop takes forever to ''load'') or what usually happens is my computer will all the sudden quickly shut off, and restart immediately. I really don't know the cause of this, my computer is custom build, but the mobo and processor are really outdated. Everything else is fairly new. Could the processor be the problem?

A:Weird sudden restart

What are your system specs? What operating system are you running? Whilst you're playing, is everything running fine? You could always try not hitting the Windows key during gameplay lol.

Spyder_1386

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/weird-sudden-restart.127843/
Relevancy 15.05%

Got BSOD with xcfe.sys address 93606F02 base at 93605000 datestamp 4899d276.

I am currently not able to get computer to post at all no other issues before hand

7750 Kuma
780g FullHD ASROCK
4670 Radeon
4GB (2X2GB) OCZ Ram
Vista Ultimate

A:Xcfe.sys BSOD

No idea what that is. Is the CPU fan running and can you hear the hard drive spinning? Remove all peripherals inside the computer (if it's not a laptop) then put them in one at a time, turning off the computer before installing the next peripheral, then on again etc. If the computer works without one of the devices then you found the culprit. Do the same with the RAM if you have more than one module. Could be a number of things. Also test the power supply with a multimeter or power supply tester. Let us know?!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/xcfe-sys-bsod.127588/
Relevancy 15.05%

Hi I got a new Inspiron laptop just a couple of days ago Its a T C D Ghz processor intel chipset with integrated graphics gb ram I had to reinstall vista after it went into Multiple BSOD a continuous loop - configuring updates shutting down confiiguring updates - after some windows updates None of the windows startup repair options worked Now after the reintall I am getting a lot of BSODs errors shown are IRQL Multiple BSOD NOT LESS OR EQUAL MEMORY MANAGEMENT REGISTRY ERROR and PAGE FAULT IN NON PAGED AREA most common being memory mgmt chkdsk shows no errors the memory test in the startup repair shows hardware errors with a msg that I need to contact the manufacturer Have updated all drivers and the bios but all that has changed is that the number of bsod instances have reduced from per hr to or Also in several instances the BSOD is preceded by services such as RPC Bluetooth wireless shutting down with the event viewer showing registry is corrupted Not sure what the problem is though have a feeling its something to do with a faulty RAM nbsp

A:Multiple BSOD

If you want to test your RAM use memtest:

1. Go to www.memtest.org and download the latest ISO version. It is free and perfectly safe.

2. Burn to a CD.

3. Place CD in your drive and reboot with CD in drive. (You might have to place your drive as first bootable in your BIOS) The test will take over.

4. Let it run for a LONG time. The rule is a minimum of 7 Passes. There are 8 individual tests per Pass. Many people will start this test before going to bed and check it the next day.

5. If you have errors you have corrupted memory and it needs to be replaced.

6. Also, with errors you need to run this test per stick of RAM. Take out one and run the test. Then take that one out and put the other in and run the test. If you start getting errors before 7 Passes you know that stick is corrupted and you don?t need to run the test any further on that stick.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/multiple-bsod.124531/
Relevancy 15.05%

Im working on my friends computer and it keeps crashing Specs MSI MS- Ver Intel Celeron Ghz MB Kingston PC New nVidia GeForce Mb AGP x GB Hitachi Hard Drive Sony DVD CD Burner watt Thermaltake PSU At first the on-board VGA stopped working I replaced it with a even reformat BSOD after Random AGP card and it worked fine for a month before it started having problems The original of the original ram sticks in bank stopped working Kept getting random BSOD s so I tossed the old Random BSOD even after reformat ram and left in the new Kingston stick Installed the new stick and it still BSOD s randomly They were very random but I got one written down x E xC x xB x IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL I thought Ram So I ran the stick on both DIMM slots with memtest multiple times and it found NO errors CPU temp oC at idle Random BSOD even after reformat cleaned heatsink applied AS still BSOD Next I broke the system down to the basics PSU CPU RAM Video card HD CD drive STILL BSOD Next I swapped out the PSU still BSOD Test hard drive with HDAT Hitachi drive fitness passed Reformat HD and reinstall Xp Pro not loading any Mobo drivers still BSOD Installed Mobo drivers minus nVidia drivers still BSOD Removed front panel USB connectors Swapped HD full format reinstall OS still BSOD Swapped Video card still BSOD BIOS is up to date only add-in card is the Video card I am at a loss spending wayy too much time on this thing Any help would be appreciated I know mini-dump files would be some help but I just re-formatted the HD again and havent reloaded the OS yet and im beat for now The only things I havent crossed out are the CPU and Mobo Are there any DOS based programs that I can use to test it The only boot disk I have ATM is Hirens Im guessing the Mobo may have crapped out especially since the on-board Video broke The on-board LAN works intermittently The system was built by another dude two years ago I dont see any damge on the Mobo Please help Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Random BSOD even after reformat

Sounds like the Chipset is knackered to be honest, it seems to be having problems across the entire spectrum, so I'd say it's the motherboard.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/random-bsod-even-after-reformat.126725/
Relevancy 29.24%

Well this strikes me as very odd today and failure drive Sudden for well over a month now my PC was running perfectly fine when tonight windows was wanting me to do a shutdown to install updates I was talking on the phone so I just let it do its thing Updates installed as usual and then my PC shutdown This all seemed to Sudden drive failure work as usual with no problems however the problem starts from this When I turned my PC on again my Sudden drive failure primary Sudden drive failure drive had disappeared And I don t mean just the partition disk in my bios no longer shows up I tried changes the plugs around plugging it into disk sata port and vice versa to test if it was a plug problem that was not the problem I checked the power supply plug not the problem I put the drive in an external enclosure and connected it to my laptop and it doesn t appear The light on the enclosure just show purple blue being working stand by red being failure and purple being disk access I let it sit for a couple minutes but nothing I can feel the drive spinning and it does heat up a little it doesn t get too hot either I already know this is not an OS related problem because the drive just doesn t want to be recognized The drive is less than a year old and is a Seagate GB I can get more information on the drive if you believe it to be helpful This drive is by far my most important drive unfortunately and its loss would be more than a significant pain in the back side To think of all days this is to happen it happens on my birthday Any help or advice is always appreciated thanks nbsp

A:Sudden drive failure

Sucks dude, sounds dead to me. I've never had one fail that way though (and I've had several die on me).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sudden-drive-failure.126810/
Relevancy 15.05%

Hi all well i m hoping you guys can help I have recently purchased a new system i GTX and Msi Pro mobo with some ram of course I m getting random BSODs From what I can tell anyway I performed the memtest thingy all night last night with no errors I first installed XP sp on it and started getting BSOD randomly so I installed help new i7 Pro BSOD GTX260 MSI Windows bit which I have on it now however the same thing is BSOD new i7 GTX260 MSI Pro help happening I m usually quite good with these BSOD new i7 GTX260 MSI Pro help things but this time i need help I ve done the searches on the net but to no avail I dont know where to go next I m considering buying a test vid card for bucks just so see if it still happens with it installed but dont really want to Oh some specs Inno d GTX drivers - not oc d Corsair HX psu i - stock speed not OC d in any way MSI pro x -latest Bios crappy kingston gb ram all they had at the time Win Bit - fresh install build x WD Gb hdds in Raid Antec case As far as I can tell the ram is ok I ve tried changing the pci slot that the vid card is in but same thing Latest nvidia drvs for Win bit Hope to hear from you all soon nbsp

A:BSOD new i7 GTX260 MSI Pro help

hi wolf

Please upload your minidumps so we can have them analysed.

Spyder_1386

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-new-i7-gtx260-msi-pro-help.126116/
Relevancy 15.05%

I keep getting BSODs with either DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL or PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA.

Ive have attached two of the latest minidumps

A:BSOD - PAGE_FAULT and DRIVER_IRQL

System specs including OS & SP would help. I am looking at a dump right now, assuming XP sp3
Your error on the second dump was 0x50 ...
But the Widbg report points to Vista... so you are not running XP...
I suspect this information is still valid.

This kind of error is usually associated with a memory problem.
Download Memtest86+ from www.memtest.org
Let it run for at least seven passes and see what it comes up with.
There are 8 tests per pass, and it will take a while...
If you start getting errors, you can stop, and remove one stick ... test the sticks one at a time to isolate the issue.
If your memory comes up clean, we can explore other options, but this is the likely place to start.

From MS

These errors may be caused by one or more of the following:

* Hardware failure (memory, processor, or motherboard).
* Anti-virus software that is running on your computer.
* Drivers installed by third-party software.

RESOLUTION
To resolve these behaviors, perform one or more of the following: Replace the f...
To resolve these behaviors, perform one or more of the following:

* Replace the faulty hardware. You may be able to determine the faulty hardware by running diagnostics provided by the manufacturer. Please contact the hardware manufacturer for more information.
* Disable any anti-virus software that is running on your computer. If the STOP errors no longer occur, contact the anti-virus software manufacturer about a possible upgrade.
* Disable any third-party drivers that may be running. If the STOP errors no longer occur, contact the third-party manufacturer about a possible upgrade.Click to expand...

Your first dump showed a different error.... 0xD1 error and these are almost always caused by faulty drivers/buggy software.
the analysis points to ntoskrnl.exe which is too general to help. In another case, video drivers were at issue...

Questions...
Are your video drivers updated?
Did your issues begin after starting some new activity? (like a new Game perhaps?)
Since both errors (0x50 and 0xD1) can point at drivers, this might be the place to start.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-page_fault-and-driver_irql.126443/
Relevancy 15.05%

This is a problem I ve been having for some months now I ve tried to troubleshoot my entire computer from day one and I ve gotten rid of lots of different problems One problem remains wont BSOD after PC boot though Some times often during the night or other times where I m AFK for a longer period of time - hours maybe shorter I get an ugly BSOD on my screen After this BSOD my computer wont boot In order to make the computer boot up I have to manually flash the BIOS something that gets very annoying in the long run What happens is I shut it down removing the BSOD I then turn it back on but no components are responding The screen is black gets no signal the keyboard has no signal the num- and capslock lights doesn t respond and the mouse s lazer is off I can t hear the HDD working either Has anyone got any idea what is going on PC wont boot after BSOD The BSOD BCCode returned is as follows BCCode c BCP C E BCP C BCP B BCP OSVer SP Product The quot BCCode C quot error is not familiar to me I can t even figure out what it is using Google so I guess this is sort of a last resort I would also like to know what Product is This product ID has appeared on every BSOD error I have gotten so that would probably help out a lot I hope some of you can help it would be greatly appreciated Specs Corsair Powersupply W Black ATX EPS MSI P Platinum Corsair Dominator TWIN X C D MB Intel Core Duo E GHz HIS Radeon HD MB IceQ nbsp

A:PC wont boot after BSOD

"I have to manually flash the BIOS"...

Do you actually mean "reset" the bios?

Does the computer keep the correct time when it is running? The CMOS battery may be dead or the motherboard is defective

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-wont-boot-after-bsod.126362/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hey guys as the title states I am having constant problems with my graphics driver crashing with the following message quot your graphics driver has stopped responding to commands quot something along ATI Radeon 9550/X1050 problems series constant those lines anyway lol I am using an AMD Athlon processor With the ATI Radeon X series MB VGA graphics card MB DDR RAM I recently tried updating to the latest drivers from ATI but had severe installation problems and ended up having to do a system restore So i am using the standard driver I can play counter-strike and battlefield reasonable consistantly Wont crash out for a few hours or ATI Radeon 9550/X1050 series constant problems so Which points out this cant be an overheating problem But when i try to play WoW i get about - minutes game time before it stops responding If anyone has any knowledge about how to fix this it would be great Edit Since doing the system restore my CPU speed has gone from ghz to mhz wtf is up with that nbsp

A:ATI Radeon 9550/X1050 series constant problems

Try "undoing" system restore. You should get get back your 2.4ghz processor speed. Since you are running only 512 mbs of ddr ram, you are operating with minimum ram. Try doubling that, it will help and might stop the crashes. Does your "paging file" (virtual memory) have at least 1 or 1.5 gigs? You have to have that. Good Luck.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ati-radeon-9550-x1050-series-constant-problems.81662/
Relevancy 14.62%

hi all Recently i have been having problems with my geforce gt agp video card In games mostly ut k after a while the computer will freeze for about seconds then crash with a bsod saying that my video bsod loop 6600gt with Infinite driver was caught in an Infinite loop bsod with 6600gt infinite loop I am using driver version These drivers use to work perfectly with this card I have been using them for months and had no problems until recently I heard that these are the best drivers for this card I tried reinstalling the video drivers which worked for about an hour but then it crashed again After uninstalling the drivers i made sure every trace of the old install was gone by using driver cleaner pro so the drivers shouldn t be corrupt or conflicting with something Ive also tried other driver versions but they had the same issues The card does not seem to be overheating At the time it crashed the temp measured degrees Could this be an issue with my video card Could it have something wrong with it Or am i overlooking something here Thanks Nissanman nbsp

A:Infinite loop bsod with 6600gt

If you've already tried Driver Cleaner Pro, perhaps giving Driver Sweeper a try might produce better results. It's a very similar program, but I've used it many times and I've found, on some occasions, it to work a little better than Cleaner. Have you recently patched the game or downloaded any additional content for it. Have you tried reinstalling the game? 66 degrees is a little toasty, but it shouldn't crash the card unless the thermal is starting to lose its heat dissipation. You could always reapply some thermal compound, like Arctic Silver, to the core and see what happens. If you have the fan running at stock speeds, you can download RivaTuner to adjust it during games. Usually, a game will start to lag a bit, there may be some artifacts, and then it will quit if the video card is overheating. A BSOD is usually the product of misconfigured or incompatible software (i.e. the display driver). In your case, it's the configuration.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/infinite-loop-bsod-with-6600gt.124560/
Relevancy 15.05%

I have a problem with a pretty old sistem: spontaneous restarts and BSODs.
I formatted and reinstalled the OS,
I tested the RAM with MEMTEST86(no problem),
I tested the HARD DISK(no problem),
I changed the IDE cable,
I changed the power supply(500w),
I changed the Video and the problem persists.

my sistem :
- amd sempron 1800+
- 512 MB RAM pc3200
- asus a7n8x
- nvidia nforce fx5200
- dvdrw teac
- hdd western digital 200gb

I forgot to mention that sometimes i receive the message :"Warning!cpu overspeed!" when BIOS performs the "system inventory" and sometimes my cpu figures "1150Mhz", altough sometimes my cpu figures "1800+".

I hope you can help me with some advices.Sorry for my bad english.

A:Bsod, restarts - please help

Your motherboard is old. It might have some bulging capacitors around the CPU. Be prepared to buy a new motherboard, CPU, video card and memory... Or save for an entirely new computer

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-restarts-please-help.125768/
Relevancy 14.62%

I can t seem to get my cpu past ghz without getting bsod right after the windows loading screen Is it just my rigs limit or is there any way to get it past ghz My specs are motherboard ga-m sli-s rev cpu amd athlon windsor ram becuase wintec is a quot registered dealer of aeneon memory quot i have gb sticks of wintec ampx ddr and gb sticks of aeneon ddr that say wintec ampx on them psu bfg tech LS- os windows vista bit home basic oem The multiplier is at and I cannot get the cpu or is it really the fsb but my bios says cpu past without a crash at the windows loading screen and I have tried changing the cpu voltage a little but not the memory voltage My temperature never gets past c with the cpu or is it the fsb at during stability tests I noticed in easy tune it says that my ram has been overclocked as well is that why its been crashing Here is a picture of my bios overclocking options http i photobucket com albums oo giganotasaurus bios overclocking jpg nbsp

A:Can't get CPU past 3ghz without bsod after windows loading screen

You might be able to get to higher speeds by pushing the CPU voltage, but that would make it run hotter. Core temperature scales in a linear fashion as core speed in MHz is increased, but core temperature scales geometrically when voltage is increased. In addition to higher temps, voltage increases reduce the life of the CPU. So basically I'm saying bump the voltage (at your own risk).

Make sure you're not FSB or memory limited by putting the CPU multiplier as high as it goes and the memory at the lowest possible speed. Put memory voltage to ~2.1v. I don't remember much about overclocking AMDs besides that basic kind of stuff.

According to The Overclocking World Record Database, the world record for Athlon 64 X2 5600+ Windsor core is 4151.4 MHz with a 1.68v core voltage. Setting your CPU to this sort of voltage is likely dangerous, but I'm just throwing that out there for you to show that 3 GHz is not the limit of these CPUs. Your particular chip might not clock any higher though so don't get excited

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-get-cpu-past-3ghz-without-bsod-after-windows-loading-screen.125423/
Relevancy 15.05%

Here s my problem a couple of weeks ago I started getting the BSOD with the most frequent message of quot Beginning physical memory dump quot Eventually I formatted and reinstalled windows still no success I ve updated drivers added registry scanners But no matter what (BSOD) Assistance appreciated I do the system gets worse I thought maybe it was because of a conflict with something I got from windows update But I m not tech savvy enough to diagnose and fix it I ve attached my PC stats from everest and I ve zipped and attached my minidumps If anyone could help me fix this it would make my day Also here are the logs from my event viewer I only have the ones since I reformatted Please let me know if you need more (BSOD) Assistance appreciated info EDIT Okay there is a forum for BSOD errors any chance a mod could move this thread I tried reloading the winzip (BSOD) Assistance appreciated file for some reason its not going through nbsp

A:(BSOD) Assistance appreciated

Sounds like unstable hardware, probably a power supply issue. Do you have another power supply that you can try?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-assistance-appreciated.125312/
Relevancy 14.62%

Just bought a new pc and a seperate copy of windows vista ultimate. I inserted the disk and I got to the screen that said "loading windows files" then after this it went black for a second the blue screen of death appeared.The first part of the error code was 0.0000007F and the rest were 0's. Anybody had this or know what it could mean? Here are the build

G31-M7 TE motherboard
intel quad-core 6600 processor
4GB ram
geforce 9800GT
1TB sata hard drive

A:BSOD on boot installing vista on new pc

When I read your issue I thought to myself, "That sounds like a memory issue." Here is the code and definition:

0x0000007F: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP

One of three types of problems occurred in kernel-mode: (1) Hardware failures. (2) Software problems. (3) A bound trap (i.e., a condition that the kernel is not allowed to have or intercept). Hardware failures are the most common cause and, of these, memory hardware failures are the most common.

Try this: Take out one stick of RAM at a time and try to load it. Any BSODs?

Do this: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html The good thing about this test is it engages almost immediately as you boot-up.

It could be your harddrive as well.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-on-boot-installing-vista-on-new-pc.125316/
Relevancy 14.62%

I get this BSOD

BCCode : 1000007e BCP1 : C000001D BCP2 : B941DF72 BCP3 : B404EBE0
BCP4 : B404E8DC OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 3_0 Product : 256_1

I downloaded new drivers, disable specs on the CPU (e8500) as recommended, but 3d game crash out regularly after about 30 mins or so.

Asus p5n-d is a bit of a dodgy MOBO but I tried everything that has been recommended including bios flashes, memory check, cpu heat checks and rectifying the correct nforce 750i drivers...latest windows updates...etc...

What is the crash? hardware or software? I have a Proline 500w psu and also run a single xfx geforce 9800gt, Intel core 2 duo e8500 wolfdale, Kingston ddr2 667 mem, 200 gig sata seagate hardrive and a cathode ray 17" monitor.

any clues ideas, other than a sledge hammer. Your help will be appreciated.

A:BSOD BCCode : 1000007e random crashes from what?

0x0000007E: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

A system thread generated an exception which the error handler did not catch. There are numerous individual causes for this problem, including hardware incompatibility, a faulty device driver or system service, or some software issues. Check Event Viewer (EventVwr.msc) for additional information.

As you can tell the causes of this error are very diverse which makes it a difficult one, sometimes, to pin down. For clarification, are your BSODs only while doing 3d gaming? What about video card heat checks?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-bccode-1000007e-random-crashes-from-what.125137/
Relevancy 15.05%

I was on my desktop gaming as usual when a lovely BSOD flashed on my screen just quickly enough for me to not be able to read anything it said and then my computer restarted. After it restarted none of my hard drives show up in my bios and i cant get past the loadup screen seeing as how there is no windows showing up. I have 3 internal drives and 1 external that no longer show up in my Bios. I don't think that all 4 could have simultaneously failed and on top of that they are all relatively new. PLEASE someone help me, I have a project to finish before tomorrow

A:No hard drives after BSOD - help

Reset the motherboard's bios...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-hard-drives-after-bsod-help.124986/
Relevancy 14.62%

All right here goes About six HD ATI AGP 2600 Diamond Radeon Pro BSOD months ago I installed a new graphics card ATI Radeon HD Pro AGP from Diamond Multimedia in my aging Dell Dimension along with some new RAM GB After some initial difficulties with the Blue Screen of Death I was able to get it to work simply it stopped But now they re back and worse than ever The most recent one was titled quot PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA quot and cited the file quot ntfs sys quot Also my computer is running a bit slower and quot Diamond ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro AGP BSOD My Computer quot refuses to open no error just nothing happens when I double click on it I ve tried reinstalling the drivers that came on the CD there are none online I ve checked and I ve gotten it to work but it still gives me the BSOD seemingly without reason The errors have been happening more frequently as time goes on and seemingly without reason Even as I am typing this another one has occurred as I attempted to login Another quot PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA quot I ll attach the minidumps as soon as I can get into My Computer I m about ready to boot into safe mode Thanks I m kind of desperate Arcelios nbsp

A:Diamond ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro AGP BSOD

I almost forgot; I keep getting a message saying that some of my registry data had to be recovered from a backup copy, and that the recovery was successful.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/diamond-ati-radeon-hd-2600-pro-agp-bsod.124422/
Relevancy 14.62%

Specs Intel Core Duo E Processor BX E - GHz MB Cache MHz FSB Wolfdale Dual-Core Retail Socket Processor with Fan MPN BX E and 9800 with reboot Nvidia BSOD Crash 1GB GX2 XFX nForce i -Way SLI Motherboard - NVIDIA nForce i Socket ATX Audio PCI Express Dual Gigabit LAN S PDIF USB Firewire Serial ATA RAID MPN Crash reboot and BSOD with Nvidia 9800 GX2 1GB MB-N -ISH XFX GeForce GX Video Card - Extreme Edition FREE Call Crash reboot and BSOD with Nvidia 9800 GX2 1GB of Duty PC Game GB DDR PCI Express SLI Ready Dual Link Dual DVI HDMI MPN PVT UZHEU Corsair Dual Channel MB PC DDR MHz Memory x MB MPN TWIN X - C DHX Seagate Barracuda TB Hard Drive - RPM MB SATA- OEM MPN ST AS SY Ultra LSP -Watt Power Supply - ATX SATA-Ready SLI-Ready mm Fan MPN Crash reboot and BSOD with Nvidia 9800 GX2 1GB ULT-LSP Microsoft Windows XP Pro SP OEM Version MPN E - A The Problem I knew better the last time I opened Nvidia Control panel Performance I got this same problem But I have updated the drivers since then and now it seems worse I just opened up the performance tab I didn t even get to see the settings load before it crashed I get a quick BSOD flash and then a reboot It reboots back up without any problems then within a few minutes it reboots again I have started in safe mode with network enabled and it hasn t given me any problems I am not sure what I did last time to fix the problem I just remembered I shouldn t go anywhere near the performance settings Just like this time simply clicking on the tab to view the settings crashed the computer But last time the crash only happened when I clicked that tab Now it seems to crash within a few minutes after restarting the computer I can get in and open a program but it crashes pretty quick I have attached the DXDiag report that i just ran from safe mode I can provide any other info you need to help me get this fixed I would say I am an expert user This is probably the th computer i have built from parts It runs so well as long as this stupid thing isn t messing it up Sometimes i get a few green artifacts when running games L D HL Crysis FarCry COD It doesn t affect the game play but they are noticeable This system runs all of those games on max settings at x except Crysis If you have any ideas please help me out I need my computer back Update add screen freezing to the list of problems It will either freeze or restart I have tried to uninstall all the nvidia stuff in safe mode but I keep getting quot Failed to complete installation Install quot I cant uninstall the nvidia stuff so every time i restart it keeps rebooting GAH nbsp

A:Crash reboot and BSOD with Nvidia 9800 GX2 1GB

*update* fixed!

*UPDATE* FIXED!
I started it up today(in safe mode), and in my frustration with not being able to uninstall the nvidia apps, i just deleted all the nvidia folders in my programs. then when i started up in normal mode it was stable. I was able to finish officially uninstalling the rest of the nvidia components and then i did a full reinstall of the drivers and software. so far so good! Thanks for your ideas!
-Nate

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/crash-reboot-and-bsod-with-nvidia-9800-gx2-1gb.124255/
Relevancy 15.05%

Hey, first-timer here.

Overnight my laptop was left to update itself as usuall, but when I got to it this morning I found it repeatedly flashing a BSOD with the error:

UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME

I have attempted countless boots into safe mode, all throw the same BSOD at me.
My machine is an HP Pavillion ze4900 model laptop running WinXP Home (well.. was).

I've tried a some "common remedies" but none seems to be effective at all..
Does anyone have an idea on how to recover from this, or is my laptop to hence-forth be known as a brick.

(If any solutions involve removing the HDD, you will need to explain in detail as I have not seen anything obvious on the underside)

Many thanks!

A:BSOD - Unmountable_Boot_volume

Please run CheckDisk from your Windows XP Home CD
Info here ("From Boot Up") http://www.techspot.com/vb/post694184-133.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-unmountable_boot_volume.124222/
Relevancy 14.19%

Having a really annoying problem with my sound driver (ha20x22k.sys) in Windows XP lately, keeps reoccurring more frequently now it seems. I will be listening to music and at the end of a random track, the system will freeze for a split second and then go to a bsod w/ the following information:

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

****STOP: 0x000000D1 (0x00000008, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x9D3AA47F)

*ha20x22k.sys address stamp 9D3AA47F

The sound card is a Creative Labs X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty. I do not believe the card itself is to blame for I am running the latest drivers and it works fine under Windows 7. Any help with this would be extremely appreciated. I've attached the corresponding minidump. Thanks in advance!

A:Sound Driver Causing BSOD - STOP info & minidump

Long shot but try this:

Rename: c:\windows\system32\adi_oal.dll to adi_oal.OLD
Also disable any onboard sound in Bios Setup

Please let me know if it fixed the fault

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-driver-causing-bsod-stop-info-minidump.123835/
Relevancy 15.05%

I was in the middle of checking my email when I got the BSOD. I powered down the computer and waited 30 seconds. When I went to power it up, the HDD LED came ON steady, all fans were running, but nothing happened. I tried another memory stick and the same thing. I tried another hard drive, still nothing. Tried resetting my Bios and nothing. Any hints here as to what else I can try? This is my old computer with a K7 mobo (Dragon Soyo Plus), AMD 1900+, 1 GB PC2100, 80GB HDD and MX4000 GeForce DDR 128MB video card. Thanks.

A:Computer quit with BSOD

Hi gilloz,

Have you tried disconnecting all externals except keyboard, mouse and monitor?

Cheers,

Taff.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-quit-with-bsod.123515/
Relevancy 14.62%

Well my system specs are in my profile but I'll put them here for simplicity sake as well.
Asus P5N-T Deluxe
Q6600 @ 3.0 Vcore 1.20v
2 x 2GB Corsair Dominator RAM @ 1066
2 x 8800GT stock
Razer Barracuda AC-1
750watt Corsair PSU
3 HDDs and DVD drive

Okay before you go and say its my overclocked CPU its been oced for months now and the problem has only recently just started. It usually happens when I'm playing a game of some sort but at random times, I played CSS for a good 3 hours then it reboot, other time less than an hour. It has happened most recently when I booted up FEAR 2 and I was was tweaking the games settings, after I had it setup just right and clicked New Game, system reboots. Any thoughts?

A:System Reboots but no BSOD or Error message

Is the video card overheating? Open the case and make sure that all the fans (including video fan) are clean and working properly. I'll try overclocking my Q6600 when I install my new motherboard next week

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/system-reboots-but-no-bsod-or-error-message.123113/
Relevancy 14.62%

This may well be the longest story of a failing computer you ve ever seen It started well over half a year ago and my Dell Dimension has been giving and and switching subsequent RAID failure BSOD HD me agony ever since Excuse me about all the detail in this I am clueless as to what the problem is so I included everything My computer use to give me grief by going to the dreaded BSOD on random occasions I was less computer literate at the time so I thought nothing of them A few months down the line an icon pops up and subsequently reappeared every other hour the HD switching and subsequent RAID and BSOD failure computer was on saying that there is a S M A R T event occurring on my Western Digital HD specs not important as you will see later I follow the icon to the Intel Storage Management system and it tells me that the HD is working fine I carry on gaming and general time wasting paying no attention to the S M A R T event the blue screens were still coming thick and fast My tolerance grew thin however and I started asking my computer-knowledgeable friends what on earth was going on - they simply said my computer was screwed and I had no chance in hell My computer also began to make a very disturbing noise it sounded like a loose fan case vibrating inside my computer so I simply blew into the fan vent at the right angle and intensity and the noise subsided for a few precious minutes pardon my ignorance What I didn t realise then that I have now is that the fan was part of the PSU no spec at hand sorry I decided to buy a new HD and see if the S M A R T events disappeared I bought a new SATA Hitachi HD rpm GB that seemed perfectly suitable my old WD HD was SATA also When I opened the computer and took out the old HD there were bubble-marks on the plastic cover - I presume that they were evidence of heat damage Ignoring this I did the following plugged the new HD into SATA port with my old one in SATA port turned it on in the BIOS booted the computer on USB CD Rom partitioned and formatted the new HD and installed Win XP I switched the old HD with the new HD so that the ports were now respectively and got the computer running After entering all the details to personalise the computer I tried to copy my old data across to my new HD I encountered a problem that caused copying to stop something about msfi line terminating - not the actual name but it had m but managed to get some important data across in small chunks as soon as I tried to copy it across in one go it got pissy I began to use the computer properly again for about or days when the BSODs came back again I decided hoping that it the easiest answer was the right one that I should remove the old HD I took it out sealed it in a plastic bag and turned it off in the BIOS I now have the new Hitachi HD in SATA port - hasn t been moved since the install I turn the computer on and it works a treat Few months down the line few days ago and I hit the series of random BSODs again This time the computer reboots and says that it has just recovered and I quote from a serious error I report it an option that came up and it comes up with a Microsoft website that says that there is a problem with my RAID controller Correct me if I m wrong but I thought that RAID was a configuration that dealt with multiple drives as a single drive I have one drive in there I followed a link to Intel Corporation website and tried to download the latest driver for the RAID controller It downloaded it tried to install but as soon as the bar hit a message pops up and says that my system doesn t meet the minimum system requirements after already entering Win XP as my OS I give up and decide to chill out after surfing for about mins I find that there is a Win XP service pack that I haven t downloaded I download it install it and everything is normal I say normal but what I mean is that five minutes later I am hit with another BSOD This time I uninstall the RAID controller reinstall and update the drivers all thr... Read more

A:HD switching and subsequent RAID and BSOD failure

Try installing a new power supply before you give up

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hd-switching-and-subsequent-raid-and-bsod-failure.122762/
Relevancy 26.23%

Of late I found my desktop PC crashing now and then. The situation was getting worse by the day and it was becoming frustrating to use the PC.

I opened the box and got my fingers dirty, so before I looked further I decided to blow out all the dust with a vacuum cleaner. Loads of dust billowed out. I would recommend holding the CPU fan blades so that it does not spin uncontrollably.

After the dust clean up, the PC is working great and no unwanted crashes. I guess the dust was preventing the cooling of the CPU.

A:WinXP constant crashes solved

Thanks for the info

I stated similar fixes, and other common power up fixes here:Tutorial: No POST (Power On Self Test)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/winxp-constant-crashes-solved.120934/
Relevancy 15.05%

hey all i just received my new bfg gtx and whenever i try to run games like cod it would just freeze right when i connect to GTX New bsod + 280 freezing a server like New GTX 280 bsod + freezing i can see half the map and the sky is black also whenever i try to run mirrors edge i would get a bsod something along the lines of quot flash graphics drivers quot or something i didnt have enough time to really read all of it because it would just restart after about seconds i never had this problem before with my old graphics card which was a gts i have checked the gpu temperature and when it freezes it is only around - degrees Celsius counter strike is the only game that runs on this right now which i find kind of odd everything else works fine on this except the other games for some reason i can play hd movies surf the web etc with no problems whatsoever i have tried a clean uninstall reinstall of the driver for the card with the most recent driver now i am really stumped ive checked all my connections and i have taken the card out and reput it back in to see what would happen but the same problem occurred my current specs are as listed vista ultimate bit quad core gigabyte New GTX 280 bsod + freezing ga-ep -ud p board gb ocz reaper w corsair p s bfg gtx oc edition no overclocking in any way if you guys could throw some advice help at New GTX 280 bsod + freezing me i would greatly appreciate it thanks nbsp

A:New GTX 280 bsod + freezing

first i would make sure the video card is getting enough power do you know how many amps you have on your 12v rail? also the card is pre overclocked you can get something like evga precision and take the clocks back to normal and see if that helps, but in my opinion it isnt getting enough power.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-gtx-280-bsod-freezing.120774/
Relevancy 15.05%

Hi. I'm new here, and to be honest I didn't read the rules or anything.
Sorry if it's not on the right board for this.

Got a new computer a week ago, and have been suffering of BSOD's daily.

I've been looking at the minidumps a bit and it looks like that dxgkrnl.sys is almost every time the bsod's cause.

And yes, I have googled it.

The bsod's occur only when I play GTA IV.

I'm no professional in hardware, so sorry for insufficient information.

I can provide you the minidumps in .zip if you need them, but here are my specs.
Sapphire Radeon HD4870X2 2GB GDDR5
Q9550 @ 2.83 (stock)
8gb DDR2 800mhz
P5QC
Some 600w power supply
Antec Sonata III

Hope I get this solved cause it's really getting on my nerves.

A:Suffering bsod's

Try re-installing DirectX...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/suffering-bsods.120401/
Relevancy 26.23%

i have nowhere to seek out this problem so i tell my problem here if this under wrong section feel free to move the thread I built constant (~25% process usage) CPU CPU spiked my own PC months ago and Ill CPU process spiked (~25% constant CPU usage) loving it but there this one problem so irritating i haven t found a good solution or at least don t know where to start finding this solution Can anyone help me on this I ll tell the specs first Intel Core Quad CPU Q GHz Asus P N -t premium ASUS nVidia GTX Cooler Master W running Vista Ultimate -bit Any internet apps MOST notably deluge when I run the software suddenly my CPU process gone haywire constant core gives while others retained normal sound will be scratchy through there are no problems on speakers Internet turns into limited and won let me connect it wont happen normally but it is frequent on Deluge even when i don t run deluge itll happen at times I thought it was virus or malware but i scanned it using bit defender and its clean I tried finding it on task manager but can t find anything that might caused this I appreciate the most if anyone can help me on this one or at least give me a hint on these or anything that can log these it started to get annoying Regards ZERO nbsp

A:CPU process spiked (~25% constant CPU usage)

Take a look at the processes tab rather than performance and see what process is using the most.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-process-spiked-25-constant-cpu-usage.117578/
Relevancy 15.05%

I'll get a random BSOD after i OC my CPU. Even when i OC from 1.8 to 1.9Ghz, i get the BSOD's. Help would be appreciated.

Motherboard: K8V-X SE
OC via BIOS

Additional CPU info:
AMD Sempron 3000+; Palermo; socket 754​

A:AMD Sempron +3000 BSOD after OC

What is the make, type and model number of the systems memory?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-sempron-3000-bsod-after-oc.116063/
Relevancy 14.62%

Hi All I have an Acer Aspire Turion ML gb ram which runs perfectly once i finally get it to boot from cold My usual routine is power up This boots the machine past the welcome screen to the desktop where just about everything happens correctly - icons appear in the notification area then bam BSOD Variety of different messages Aspire boot BSOD 5022) cold on (Acer here some relating to sys files and sometimes just a stop message Nothing specific power off then power up straight away Again loads to desktop whereupon I get EITHER a quot windows has recovered from a serioous error quot message then all is well OR any number of messages saying explorer needs to close or could not initialise BSOD on cold boot (Acer Aspire 5022) win logon reboot then all is well No crashes - good ol XP performing as it should for as many days as I BSOD on cold boot (Acer Aspire 5022) need it until I power down and let it go cold Then the cycle starts again BSOD on cold boot (Acer Aspire 5022) I ve done the mem-test thing I ve installed Puppy Linux and that works fine so I m guessing hopefully not a hardware faliure Any clues much appreciated Kind REgards Red nbsp

A:BSOD on cold boot (Acer Aspire 5022)

Can be signs of a faulty internal HardDrive (make sure that you always complete all backups)

Please try this:

Manual steps to run Chkdsk from My Computer or Windows Explorer

Open My Computer, and then right-click the hard disk that you want to check.
Click Properties, and then click Tools.
Under Error-checking, click Check Now. A dialog box that shows the Check disk options is displayed
Use one of the following procedures:

? To run Chkdsk in read-only mode, click Start.
? (tick) To repair errors without scanning the volume for bad sectors, select the Automatically fix file system errors check box.
? To repair errors, locate bad sectors, and recover readable information, select the Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors check box.

Note If one or more of the files on the hard disk are open, you will receive the following message:

The disk check could not be performed because the disk check utility needs exclusive access to some Windows files on the disk. These files can be accessed by restarting Windows. Do you want to schedule the disk check to occur the next time you restart the computer?Click to expand...

Click Yes to schedule the disk check, and then restart your computer to start the disk check.

Wait until Chkdsk finishes Checking / Repairing any faults
Windows will then either restart your computer or continue loading Normally.

--------------------------

After that, you could do a Drive Diagnostics too

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-on-cold-boot-acer-aspire-5022.116920/
Relevancy 14.62%

My compaq 6515b is having a problem, im usually good about fixing them, but this has got me stubbing my toe. It will just randomly goes black screen, not shut off, but the blue wireless light cuts off, and its like just hung there, and its weird i have to manually restart it myself by forced shutdown.

The specs of my laptop are
2 GB of Ram
Amd Turion 64 X 2 Mobile Technology TL-60
Motherboard ATI RADEON X 1200 series (graphics chipset)
Windows xp professional

Any additional info jsut ask and yes i have all the updated drivers
Much appreciation in advance.

A:BSOD error or weird unusual problem

Please run Memtest on your Ram

I'd say it's either your computer's ram
Or the Video card

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-error-or-weird-unusual-problem.116908/
Relevancy 15.05%

Hi i need help Dont know whether this is the right place to be or not Recently i ve got an error saying quot virtual scsi driver not detected quot from the program Daemontools It pops up on startup and I BSOD solve can't 0x0000008E, then i get the Blue Screen Of Death with this particular errormessage STOP x E xC xB FB xB D F X My laptop then reboots over and over again until I can't solve 0x0000008E, BSOD i manage to get it into safe mode I thought it was a problem with a virtual drive so i uninstalled the program daemontools It did nt help a bit only now the SCSI RAID host controller drive in device manager has vanished I don t have the error protocol for the SCSI RAID before i uninstalled it had a yellow exclamation I still get the BSOD I ve searched the internet for solutions and i must admit that i dont know anything about computers That is why i do not dare to try to update BIOS I ve done a ram check but it showed no errors i had four tests running everything else i d tried has had no effect I ve tried to do system restorage but i can t get past the quot validate restorage date quot I press Next but nothing happens I ve tried repairing my OS but it seems that for some reason it is not possible Can an early Xp-cd be non-combatible with my I can't solve 0x0000008E, BSOD current OS In other topics people have posted their system specifications but i can t find my own This is what i could find though Some of my system specs Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Version Service Pack build Processor x Family Model Stepping GenuineIntel Mhz BIOS-version dato COMPAL B - - SMBIOS-version Minidump files attached Thanks in advance nbsp

A:I can't solve 0x0000008E, BSOD

All Minidumps point to: sysmgr.exe (W32.Spybot.Worm)

Here's a removal tool (Download; disconnect from Network; close all programs, and run)
http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/FixDavs.exe

Then proceed to:
UPDATED 8-step Viruses/Spyware/Malware Preliminary Removal Instructions

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-cant-solve-0x0000008e-bsod.116801/