Windows Support Forum

GAMES freeze/crash PC to Black Screen

Q: GAMES freeze/crash PC to Black Screen

I first got SC at release and GAMES PC to Screen freeze/crash Black had issues GAMES freeze/crash PC to Black Screen with the GAMES freeze/crash PC to Black Screen game crashing I followed some forum threads and managed to get it fixed can't remember how Recently I got the Walking Dead game which crashed my computer just a few minutes into the game After a few attempts I turned down the graphics and was able to play the game Since then every time I've tried to play SC it has crashed The screen locks up changes to some funky colors and goes to a black screen Have to force shut down and boot it back up Since then I have updated drivers disassembled my PC and cleaned everything out with compressed air changed power supplies both Antec Ws added a nd hard drive from an older computer formatted everything reinstalled everything updated all drivers again downloaded Live Update from MSI website to update bios had some terrible issues with that which I won't go into for now but according to the updater the BIOS is up to date now I use SlimDrivers to update all my drivers System Specs from MSINFO OS - Microsoft Windows Home Premium bit Version Build Model - MS- CPU - AMD Phenom tm II X Processor MHz RAM - GB DDR GPU - GeForce GTX GB Installed Drivers nvd dumx dll nvwgf umx dll nvwgf umx dll nvd dum nvwgf um nvwgf um I'm truly at a loss right now because I've tried everything I know to do Any help is appreciated Thanks

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: GAMES freeze/crash PC to Black Screen

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: GAMES freeze/crash PC to Black Screen

I would suggest some hardware checks.

Warning
Before you proceed with the following, answer these two questions: Are you still under warranty? Does your warranty allow you to open up the machine to check hardware? If you are unsure of the answers to these questions, contact your system manufacturer. WARNING: The steps that follow can void your warranty!!!

If you are overclocking any hardware, please stop.

Monitor temperatures during the following tests. Use the following programs to monitor the temperatures. Real Temp is a good CPU temperature monitor.
Speccy - System Information - Free Download will monitor all hardware temperatures.
HWiNFO, HWiNFO32 & HWiNFO64 - Hardware Information and Analysis Tools can be inaccurate for CPU temperatures, but is a good program for GPU temperature monitoring.
Use FurMark: VGA Stress Test, Graphics Card and GPU Stability Test, Burn-in Test, OpenGL Benchmark and GPU Temperature | oZone3D.Net to test the graphics card GPU. Let it run until the GPU temperatures even out or until the GPU temperatures reach a dangerous level (you can find the max temperature for your card on either the nVidia or AMD sites; if you are not sure, ask us). The goal is to get a steady temperature, find out if the GPU is overheating, or to see if there are any artifacts present in the test itself: look for strange pixelated patterns on the screen or colors that do not look like they belong. Then use the |MG| Video Memory Stress Test 1.7.116 Download to test your graphics card memory. Let the memory test run for at least seven passes; the more the better.

Run Hardware - Stress Test With Prime95 to determine any hardware problems. Run all three tests for a few hours each. If you get errors, stop the test and post back here.

Follow the steps for doing CPU stress test using IntelBurnTest

Run the boot version of Memtest86+ paying close attention to Parts 2 and 3 of the tutorial. Also, in case Memtest86+ misses anything and comes up with no errors, run the extended version of the Windows Memory Diagnostics Tool for at least five passes. These you may want to run overnight since they take a long time to complete (run them an hour before bed each of the next two nights and check before going to sleep that they are still running).

For Part 3: If You Have Errors: If you swap any memory components, follow these steps for ESD safety:Shut down and turn off your computer.
Unplug all power supplies to the computer (AC Power then battery for laptops, AC power for desktops)
Hold down the power button for 30 seconds to close the circuit and ensure all power drains from components.
Make sure you are grounded by using proper grounding techniques, i.e. work on an anti-static workbench, anti-static desk, or an anti-static pad. Hold something metallic while touching it to the anti-static surface, or use an anti-static wristband to attach to the anti-static material while working.
Once these steps have been followed, it is safe to remove and replace components within your computer.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/229663-games-freeze-crash-pc-black-screen.html
Relevancy 84.28%

recently my graphics card seems to be having problems, because when ever i run a game and actually start playing the game freezes and crashes, wit those weird out colours spreading accros the screen. any ideas would help?

system specs:

amd athlon 64bit 3000+
512mb ram
256mb ati radeon 9550
80gb seagate barracuda

Edit: Please use proper thread titles from now on. Thanks.

A:Games freeze and crash with weird colours on screen.

Do the weird color patterns disappear after you quit the game you were trying to play? How do you manage to get rid of the weird colors spreading across the screen?

Make sure you have the latest Radeon Catalyst driver for your graphics card.

Here are the newest drivers for your video card for Windows XP Pro/Home:
http://ati.amd.com/support/drivers/xp/radeonx-xp.html

Click on the "Installation Instructions" on that page if you need them.

Make sure you uninstall the previous ones first. Keep us posted!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/games-freeze-and-crash-with-weird-colours-on-screen.66835/
Relevancy 83.42%

Hello Screen/Freeze Black when playing Games. I have started playing Guild Wars after the first couple of days my game started to freezing and black screen to desktop before going back into game to only black screen again At times my monitor would say no signal The problem disappeared for close to days and came back up again I've tried playing other games and the problem is similar freezing to desktop black screen and crashing to desktop During the black screen to desktop I would get 'Display driver stopped responding and has recovered' I have updated to a few different drivers including the latest stable driver from Nvidia but the problem still exists I have ran VMT for passes with no errors Prime Small FFTs for over hours with no errors Running FurMark the test does complete when I run BenchMark user's setting when I do the Burn In-Test Black Screen/Freeze when playing Games. everything looks okay Black Screen/Freeze when playing Games. until my GPU hits c The computer would shut off then Though when I play games my gpu varies between to c Guild Wars Dump File when not responding https files Gw rar I have rebooted windows but the problem still exists I've had this computer for just over years now Specs Operating System Microsoft Windows Ultimate -bit CPU Intel Core i GHz C Lynnfield nm Technology RAM GB Dual-Channel DDR MHz - - - Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC P P D LE LGA C Graphics SMB HD x Hz MB GeForce GTX nVidia C Currently using Beta Drivers Audio NVIDIA High Definition Audio Does anyone have any ideas of what the problem is Or if I can do anything else to determine the problem UPDATE I got a blackscreen while watching a video on youtube 'Display driver stopped responding and has recovered' Thanks for the time and help dump file ATTACH SF ATTACH

A:Black Screen/Freeze when playing Games.

Welcome aboard, Laughing.

Please post it following the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions so that we may have the necessary information that we need to help you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/254341-black-screen-freeze-when-playing-games.html
Relevancy 83.42%

With Help from this forum about three months ago I was able to troubleshoot and fix issues with a defective installed Video Driver, but starting about a week ago once again I've been getting BSOD and also freeze-ups [without BSOD] that go to a Black Screen and then I need to reboot.

I had installed the latest Adobe flash upgrade minutes before this crash, after reboot system recommended a boot-up files fix from the menu that went on to restored the previous 'restore-point' configuration, apparently Flash was uninstalled [as Adobe/Flash requested a new install right after the reboot], unfortunately even so the system crashed a minute after again, this time I got a BSOD that reported something related to a Driver, unfortunately I forgot to do a screen-grab.

Hopefully this latest BSOD file dump is uploaded here, Could some one take a look and see which driver or what else could be causing a problem now?

Thanks

A:Sporatic BSOD and Black Screen Freeze-ups/Crash

Hi mackado,

I'm going to need 1 more log file to deduce the problem.

Please follow the steps below:
Go to: Start > Type: msconfig.exe - Press Enter
Go to the tab 'Boot'
Bottom of the window there are check-boxes, tick the one called 'Boot log'
Press Apply/OK
Shutdown the PC
Wait 10 seconds
Turn on PC
Go to - C:\Windows and find a file called ntbtlog.txt
Upload this file to this thread
Once you have uploaded the file, I will take a look and we'll see what we can do from there.

MistUnleashed

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/372690-sporatic-bsod-black-screen-freeze-ups-crash.html
Relevancy 83.42%

Hi Gentlemen As my title post says it Freezing Freeze crash and i (Racin black rFactor run screen when Black Screening and Crashing when i am racing I racing using rFactor i got the impression it is from my video card but i am really not shure Freeze black screen and crash when i run rFactor (Racin Thank for the help i really dont know where to start Signature du probl me Nom d v nement de probl me BlueScreen Version du syst me Identificateur de param tres r gionaux Informations suppl mentaires sur le probl me BCCode BCP BCP E C FC BCP BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Fichiers aidant d crire le probl me C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users Denis AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml Signature du probl me Nom d v nement de probl me BlueScreen Version du syst me Identificateur de param tres r gionaux Informations suppl mentaires sur le probl me BCCode BCP C BCP F BCP BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Fichiers aidant d crire le probl me C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users Denis AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml

A:Freeze black screen and crash when i run rFactor (Racin

Translation

Quote:
Problem signature:
Event Name problem: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 3084

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 124
BCP1: 00000000
BCP2: 86E2C8FC
BCP3: 00000000
BCP4: 00000000
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C: \ Windows \ Minidump \ 121809-17643-01.dmp
C: \ Users \ Denis \ AppData \ Local \ Temp \ WER-28376-0.sysdata.xml

Hi DC Welcome to SF ,

Please post the dump file
http://www.sevenforums.com/crash-loc...d-problem.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/47859-freeze-black-screen-crash-when-i-run-rfactor-racin.html
Relevancy 83.42%

Hi Tech Support Guy This is a long story so I will try to keep to the facts and things that may be useful to anyone willing to help Also I wasn t sure what logs to include so you can flame me for what you need Basically it started about Months ago I d get a random black screen every week or some nothing too major and I discounted it In the past month it has become much worse Every time I turn on the computer within mins of using it the video drivers will crash I mean they will crash and possibly recover like secs later or it will stay black screened and eventually reset Also the computer Screen/Driver on Black Crash/Freeze Boot will sometimes hang at boot indisciminately it will freeze on boot in safe mode menu in bios menu when the windows icon is loading Anywhere and any time it can black screen freeze Iv e also noticed that sometimes the computer will turn on and a dos like interface will come up with the blinking space looking thing and just sits there can t type or anything Its like it is failing to boot anything and just hanging What Ive Done Now before you give me all Black Screen/Driver Crash/Freeze on Boot the obvious answers im quite literate at computers I ve tried installing the most up to date video drivers tried rolling back to stable drivers I ve tried to remove drivers with driversweep in safemode and reinstall new ones Iv e tried it all tested different RAM run memtest run all kinds of diagnostics All will either freeze during the test or complete with no issues This had led me to believe that the problem doesn t lie with the Graphics card but with possibly the power supply or Mobo Months ago I was having BSODS so Umart my local replaced the graphics card to a GTX for me Ive also noticed after a freeze and rest I might not even be able to boot the computer for - hours It will turn on and no signal will be sent to the monitor Just hangs Whats really bothering me is the complete randomness It may work perfectly one hour and explode the next ANY help would be very much appreciated at im at wits end freezing every mins losing work games and vital university work Sorry for the illiterate typing and rage factor I m at the capacity of my technical knowledge here and really require some assistance I know your going to need my computer specs and other kinds of diagnosis information tell me what you need and I ll be happy to post anything Any program you want run and any test I just really want this fixed Thanks Reuben EDIT I did clean off my computer fix up desktop and do a run through with CCleaner and surprisingly that helped Did that couple weeks back and continue to do it although altely it hasn t helped at all EDIT I also about months back bought some new grease for my CPU and reattached it thinking this would solve the problem It did not nbsp

A:Black Screen/Driver Crash/Freeze on Boot

If it freezes entering the BIOS, there is a hardware issue.

List your full hardware specs.

You can test the HDD using the drive manufacturers disk tools available from their website.
You can test the RAM using Memtest86

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-driver-crash-freeze-on-boot.1002670/
Relevancy 82.56%

Hello everyone I recently got a PC that my office was getting rid of The PC was HELP! During Screen During Freeze Shutdown & Black Games on Hang in great shape and I was told it worked fine HELP! Hang on Black Screen During Shutdown & Freeze During Games when they gave it to me They ripped out the hard drive HELP! Hang on Black Screen During Shutdown & Freeze During Games and gave me the machine As soon as I got it I put a brand new Tb Seagate HDD in I also replaced the existing HELP! Hang on Black Screen During Shutdown & Freeze During Games RAM x Gb sticks with x Gb sticks with the memory speed to match my motherboard Finally I swapped out the ATI Radeon HD XT with a Nvidia Geforce GTX There was a sound card PCI I removed as well as a redundant fire-wire port I unhooked from the Mobo I then booted and performed a fresh install of Windows bit Pro Everything seemed to be going fine until I tried to shut down Windows would freeze on the Shutting Down screen I mean freeze because the spinning circle would stop and the entire machine was unresponsive I read online that pre-Service Pack Windows didn t like multi-core processors and would have issues shutting down so I updated to SP along with a bunch of other updates Now when I try to shut down the Shutting Down screen disappears and the signal to the monitor ends however the machine stays on I can hear the fans running and see the lights to the PCI cards still on Once again I have no option but to hold the power button until it shuts down I have looked up and down many forums with plenty of people posting but none of their solutions worked One extra note I double checked every driver and they are all up to day Also when I boot in Safe Mode the PC shuts down fine and I have no problem restarting just shutting down Here is where it gets worse I tried to play Starcraft and after a short period min the entire computer froze up I looked in the event viewer after rebooting and saw no error around the time the freeze occurred However I did see three other errors The ScRegSetValueExW call failed for FailureActions with the following error Access is denied - and - The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first This error could be caused if the system stopped responding crashed or lost power unexpectedly - and - The previous system shutdown at PM on amp amp amp was unexpected Additionally I tried running Starcraft II with the absolute minimum settings and the same result occurred previously my default was high ultra I have attached my dxdiag and my mgadiag I could really use some advice for how to address this problem Thanks for reading nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-hang-on-black-screen-during-shutdown-freeze-during-games.1073309/
Relevancy 82.56%

My PC crash/freeze from a long time now...i tryied everything i could do this is what i did to fix my problems but failed:
1:reinstall my pc
2:RegCure to clean my registery's
3:avira to remove my viruses
and like i said my pc crash when i play games or watch movies on full screen...
So how can i fix this problem its realy anoying...
Thanks in advance

A:My PC Crash/Freeze While playing games or watching movies on full screen

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-pc-crash-freeze-while-playing-games-or-watching-movies-on-full-screen.908113/
Relevancy 82.13%

For avery long time now certain games cause my pc to crash to a black screen the sounds keeps playing and i can still use headsets if i was using it at that point but i have to force a reset everytime. Its alway the same games but im finding more and more at the moment some crash within a few mins others i can play for awhile. Some games have been fine then for no reason started to cause it then stoped i can run fallout 4 on max settings for hours but i cant play tourchlight 2 on lowest for more then 3mins. iv ran out of ideas. Its not overheating iv run furmark , prime95, played the games that cause it while keeping an eye on speedfan, reinstalling drivers and playing the games in every resolution in windowed and full screen. this is my next thing to see if i can get it sorted.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/389061-black-screen-crash-certain-games.html
Relevancy 82.13%

So I have had this problem for the past month or so it started around the time I installed my new graphics card It only happens when I play visually intensive games like Rise of the Tomb Raider Subnautica Just Cause I can however play less intensive games like Undertale Minecraft or Superhot After starting a game a few minutes in it suddenly black screens and crashes Most of the time the windows exclamation sound plays but sometimes the audio will skip loop or just play incoherent noise No messages pop up and even if they did I wouldn't be able to see it My monitor will cycle through the main inputs HDMI DVI and VGA then just go to 'no signal' However the fans and LEDs all stay on and for a couple seconds I can still control what's going on behind the black screen but shortly after it fully crashes and I have to manually restart the computer Here's my system specs CPU Intel Core i - K Devil's Canyon Quad-Core GHz screen/crash Black during games. LGA Black screen/crash during games. GPU MSI GeForce GTX GD T OCMobo MSI Z S SLI Krait Edition LGA Intel Z HDMI SATA Gb s USB ATX Intel MotherboardRAM GB G Skill Ripjaws X series x GB PSU Roswill Hive series W bronzeOS Windows Home Premium bitAt first I thought it was a power supply issue but after installing my current psu nothing changed Then I thought it might be an overheating issue but after monitoring with MSI afterburner HWmonitor and speedfan my cpu stays around - C and my gpu Black screen/crash during games. idles at and is around during games I have tried memtest but there weren't any issues after tests I have updated my drivers deleted them using DDU and reinstalled them but I still haven't been able to fix a single thing I used WhoCrashed and this is what it told me crash dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmpThis was probably caused by the following module nvlddmkm sys nvlddmkm x A F Bugcheck code x xFFFFFA E xFFFFF BFAF xFFFFFFFFC A x Error VIDEO TDR ERRORfile path C Windows system drivers nvlddmkm sysproduct NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver Version company NVIDIA Corporationdescription NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver Version Bug check description This indicates that Black screen/crash during games. an attempt to reset the display driver and recover from a timeout failed A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver nvlddmkm sys NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver Version NVIDIA Corporation Google query NVIDIA Corporation VIDEO TDR ERRORI have tried everything in my ability which isn't really saying much and have come up with nothing I hope this is the right place to post this I am open to any and all ideas I haven't been able to use my fancy new graphics card and I feel like I wasted dollars Any help would be greatly appreciated Edit Moved topic from Computer Gaming to the more appropriate forum Animal

A:Black screen/crash during games.

Method 1:
I suggest you to follow the below steps.

1. While at the black screen, try using CTRL+SHIFT+ESC to start Task Manager.
2. If it becomes visible, try finding LockAppHost.exe on the Details tab and ending the task.

If this resolves the black screen, use corruption resolution steps (dism, then sfc), and run the all apps PowerShell command.

3. If this does not work, use File, Run new task in Task Manager to start an Administrator CMD window. Use this to create a new administrator user with the following commands (changing “<password>” to something of the customer’s choosing):net user test <password> /add
net localgroup Administrators test /add
4. This will give you a test user to try, which will confirm if the issue is user or system-specific.

Method 2: Temporarily Prevent a Windows or driver update
In Windows 10, your device is always kept up to date with the latest features and fixes. Updates and drivers are installed automatically, with no need to select which updates are needed or not needed. In rare cases, a specific driver or update might temporarily cause issues with your device, and in this case you will need a way to prevent the problematic driver or update from reinstalling automatically the next time Windows Updates are installed.

Please refer to the below article “How to temporarily prevent a Windows or driver update from reinstalling in Windows 10” and follow the steps and check if it helps.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3073930

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/607984/black-screencrash-during-games/
Relevancy 81.7%

This is a BSOD or startup. Black Crash, Screen shortly Random after Freeze, strange problem my desktop has had for a fairly long time Usually my computer will work fine start up with no problems for several days Random Crash, Freeze, Black Screen or BSOD shortly after startup. in a row And then for reasons I don't know it sometimes will start crashing Usually the screen goes completely black and the computer completely non-responsive and it must be hard reset to get any response at all out of it A few times I've actually seen a brief BSOD but too brief to actually read it Random Crash, Freeze, Black Screen or BSOD shortly after startup. and see what Random Crash, Freeze, Black Screen or BSOD shortly after startup. is happening Sometimes the screen will just freeze where it is with the last bit of audio that was playing repeating nonstop The strangest thing about these crashes is they only happen a little bit after or during startup if the computer is fine for minutes I know it'll be fine until the next time it's turned off It has on a few occasions come up with a screen telling me that the CMOS is corrupted I've had startup repair run and tried some kind of hard drive diagnostic tool the startup repair couldn't find a problem and the tool said the hard drive was good I've seen it crash this way in the middle of the bios boot during login in safe mode pretty much any time during the first half-hour to hour of the computer being on But never afterward I ran the diagnostic tool the results are attached to this post Any help at all would be appreciated In case it has any effect on anything my computer used to be a Vista and a complimentary upgrade was used to make it windows

A:Random Crash, Freeze, Black Screen or BSOD shortly after startup.

Hello Xindaris.

It appears that you have tow antivirus programs installed? MSE and Avira?
Uninstall Avira. Use Microsoft Security Essentials as your antivirus with windows inbuilt firewall, and free MBAM as the on demand scanner.
Download, install and update those, and then run full system scans with both of them, one by one.

Uninstall MagicISO. It may cause the BSODs as you explained.

ITEMVAUUEName MagicISO SCSI Host ControllerManufacturer MagicISO, Inc.PNP Device ID ROOT\SCSIADAPTER\0000Driver c:\windows\system32\drivers\mcdbus.sys (2.7.106.519, 249.56 KB (255,552 bytes), 12/15/2009 5:17 PM)The SCSI adapter installed by MagicISO can cause start time BSODs.

The Display Driver is not Up to date.

Code:
fffff880`04884000 fffff880`0532f000 nvlddmkm T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: nvlddmkm.sys
Image path: nvlddmkm.sys
Image name: nvlddmkm.sys
Timestamp: Fri Mar 15 07:07:00 2013 (51427B3C)
CheckSum: 00A8D47C
ImageSize: 00AAB000
Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
Try to install NVIDIA DRIVERS 320.49WHQL

Test your RAM modules for possible errors.
How to Test and Diagnose RAM Issues with Memtest86+
Run memtest for at least 8 passes, preferably overnight.

Stress test the Graphics Card using Furmark.
Video Card - Stress Test with Furmark

Are you overclocking? As you are getting BSODs, you should stop overclocking and run all the hardware components like CPU, GPU and RAM to their default settings. Also set the BIOS to default, too.
How To Clear CMOS (Reset BIOS)

Free up the startup. Windows does not need any other program to auto start with it, but the auto start programs often conflicts and causes various problems including BSODs.
Click on the Start button
Type “msconfig (without quotes), click the resulting link. It will open the System Configuration window.
Select the “Startup” tab.
Deselect all items other than the antivirus.
Apply > OK
Accept then restart.
Let us know the results. And, is it a factory installed windows?

Code:
BugCheck 19, {3, fffffa8005182020, fffffa8005182000, fffffa8005182000}

Probably caused by : Pool_Corruption ( nt!ExDeferredFreePool+a53 )

Followup: Pool_corruption
----------------------------------------------------------------------
BugCheck A, {34e502010080, 2, 1, fffff80004079cc8}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+1849fd )

Followup: MachineOwner
------------------------------------------------------------------------
BugCheck 50, {fffffa7f8009d9d2, 1, fffffa800626b187, 7}
Could not read faulting driver name
Probably caused by : memory_corruption

Followup: memory_corruption
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
BugCheck 1A, {8886, fffffa8003a29150, fffffa8003a267e0, 500}

Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiUnlinkPageFromLockedList+19c )

---------

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/297800-random-crash-freeze-black-screen-bsod-shortly-after-startup.html
Relevancy 81.27%

Hi there, over the last few months my laptop has been frequently crashing when playing games such as Counter Strike: Source, Team Fortress 2, Starcraft 2, as well as others. I'm not exactly sure what is wrong with my computer since it should be capable of handling all of these programs.

It is Windows 7 Home Premium 64.
It is OEM.
The computer and OS Instillation are a bit over a year old.

A:Black Screen Crash in games, no BSOD.

Update your AMD Display driver =>Link
Set your Power options to Maximum performance when gaming
Power Plan Settings - Change

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/165187-black-screen-crash-games-no-bsod.html
Relevancy 80.41%

I had a desktop that was just sitting for about 2 years without use and just hooked it up to my TV to make a media center. I immediately installed Windows 7 and had a fresh slate so old software problems shouldn't be an issue. All drivers are up to date.

The problem is that whenever a game is played, it will randomly create a black screen with buzzing sound. Some games is completely random, other games crash at about the same point. Sometimes the video signal cuts out to the TV, sometimes it just stays black. Either way it needs to be manually turned off. I have checked GPU temperatures and they are about 80C under load. I have ran memtest86 and no errors on the RAM. I just don't know what else it could be.

The specs are:

Intel Core 2 3000MHz
2x2GB Corsair DDR2-400
ATI 4850
OCZ 500W Power Supply

A:Black screen crash/lockup when playing games

What is your cpu temp?
How many passes of memtest did you run?
What are you using to check your temps?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-crash-lockup-when-playing-games.1066283/
Relevancy 80.41%

Here's what's going on let me know if you need more information from me Games screen seconds minutes. - 10 between to 30 crash black I'm running Bootcamp on a mid- quot macbook pro MacBookPro - the one with the i cpu It has a Geforce m GPU I've been playing fairly graphic intensive games on it since I first bought it bioshock games fallout gta etc Recently I'd been playing Fallout New Vegas I got through about hours of New Vegas fine then it started to occasionally crash to a black screen the audio would loop and I would have to manually reboot Usually this would happen within seconds of loading up a save It happened rarely enough though that Games crash to black screen between 30 seconds - 10 minutes. I was able to play another hours without too much frustration occasionally have to deal with the crash This usually seemed to happen after waking the computer up from sleeping and would be fixed with one reboot Then I got Mass effect and started seeing this same crash black screen looped audio manual reboot required So i fired up New Vegas to compare the crashes and see what was going on and I found that New Vegas now consistently crashes in under minutes usually in under Every once in a while windows will recover the game itself would crash but I wouldn't need to reboot and I'd get a message about a display driver not responding and then being repaired or something of that nature It would show up and disappear so I don't have the exact message My reliability monitor gave me this Source Windows Summary Video hardware error Date PM Status Report sent Description A problem with your video hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly Problem signature Problem Event Name LiveKernelEvent OS Version Locale ID Extra information about the problem BCCode BCP FFFFFA B BCP FFFFF F C D BCP BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Bucket ID X x Tdr IMAGE nvlddmkm sys Server information b - - db-bc -a aec d d So I've tried a bunch of things - I manually set my fans to the full rpms and monitored my gpu temp and many times that it crashed it was lt C - I ran the game in Windowed Mode watched it get the gpu up to about C level out and play on fine for about half an hour - I booted into OSX and played Amnesia on high settings for an hour no problems - I stress tested with FurMark windowed AND fullscreen and got the GPU up to C but only for about seconds until it dropped down to C and leveled out again No crashes for minutes - Updated the drivers to the newest ones and also ran Driver Fusion to remove remnants of old drivers Windows would automatically put some other nvidia drivers on whenever I rebooted however so I'm not sure if I was ever able to FULLY remove ALL the NVIDIA drivers - Tried the games with the automatic drivers as well as the newest drivers both still crashed - Uninstalled and reinstalled the game Still crashing - Uninstalled Mass effect completely since this was when the problems seemed to get worse Couple things that seem important to me to note Windowed Mode seems to work fine Pretty peculiar because its running the same resolution x and shouldn't be easier on the GPU correct OSX side has no problems Doesn't seem hardware related DXDiag says my directx version is but my GPU can only handle Maybe this is significant Apple won't help me because I can't show a problem in OSX I'm pretty on my own for any bootcamp issues Anything else you need to know just let me know I'm willing to try just about anything Thanks so much if you've made it this far

A:Games crash to black screen between 30 seconds - 10 minutes.

I also just tried benchmarking with 3dmark vantage since FurMark is only OpenGL and I wanted to see if it was a DirectX issue. Got through the benchmarks fine.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/games-crash-to-black-screen-between-30-seconds-10-minutes-655816.html
Relevancy 79.55%

Hello everyone I ve built my new computer a week ago and I m having a problem and I need to know ASAP if any part is defective to do a RMA When I play games League of Legends Cod my computer randomly crashes on a black screen and a looping bug sound The monitor says Monitor going to sleep I ve tried to run OCCT on my GPU for about minutes degrees C withouth problem I ve done one games loop crash playing and sound Black screen while or two pass in Memtest to check my RAM too Any thoughts on this Maybe it is my PSU I ve heard about the NVidia HD audio too Here is my rig Windows Home Premium bits CPU Intel Core i - K PSU COOLER MASTER GX Series W CASE COOLER MASTER HAF MOBO MSI Z A-G LGA Intel Z GPU EVGA SuperClocked -P - -AR GeForce GTX RAM G SKILL Ripjaws X Series GB DDR HDD WD Caviar Black TB RPM MB Cache I just checked my voltage with HW Monitor and my v is kinda low Is this really a psu problem nbsp

A:Black screen crash and sound loop while playing games

If that +12v rail voltage is accurate then that would definately be a problem. Check the voltage in the BIOS as it could be a simple case of HWMonitor not reading the sensor output correctly.

Can you give us a DXDiag report.

Click Start and type "dxdiag" (without the quotes) in the Run box.

When the dxdiag window opens click the Save All Information button and save the text file to your desktop or another location so you know where it is.

Then copy and paste the entire content of that text file into a reply here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-crash-and-sound-loop-while-playing-games.1066738/
Relevancy 78.26%

Crashes happen anytime, result in a black or white screen, one time, it completed the loop and it had actually BSOD'd! I have the memory dump (hoping a forums wizard can come and save me!). Have tried disabling HDMI audio package drivers, overclocking and underclocking the video card. Does not appear to be memory related as one time, music that was being played on my computer, continued to play after the crash. Using windows 7 64bit RTM btw.

A:Games crash to black screen, monitor loses signal, computer reboots

Heres the memory dump PAGEDU64 ?   B? - MEMORY DUMP PLAYER666 - MiCCv0na - Pastebin.com

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/96542-games-crash-black-screen-monitor-loses-signal-computer-reboots.html
Relevancy 71.38%

Whenever i play one of my games on my pc, 10 minutes after i play the game my screen suddenly freezes and then the sound freezes and then my screen goes blank for 5-10 minutes. Sometimes it goes back into the game afterwards sometimes it automatically quits me out, and sometimes my screen stays blank permanantly. This proplem usually occours when im playing a multiplayer game.
The games i play that this problem occours is on:

Counter Strike Source, Battlefield 2 and special forces, Left 4 Dead, World in Conflict, Half Life 2 Deathmatch, and Team Fortress 2.

My system specifications are:
Windows Vista Home Premium
Intel Core 2 Duo CPU 2.00 GHz (2CPUs)
2046MB RAM
DirectX10
NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT.

A:All of my PC games freeze and crash.

Don't worry i found out what was wrong with my laptop. I dont have enough RAM.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/all-of-my-pc-games-freeze-and-crash-370379.html
Relevancy 70.52%

I recently bought a Gainward GT MB but I m having some troubles when running games - after I play something for example Modern Warfare NBA k for - minutes the screen just freezes then flickers and I gotta either close the game via task manager or reset my computer Or when I play a movie sometimes the screen freezes sound continues and then it goes back to normal in a few secs I thought my old W PSU was not after freeze/crash mins 10 or Games less powerful enough to supply the card Games freeze/crash after 10 mins or less sufficiently so I bought a new Fortron W but the problems remained Could this mean that my GPU is faulty It s about days old My computer specs are W PSU Intel C D E GHz x GB RAM Kingston DDRII HDD - Seagate GB SATA CD DVD ROM Gainward GT MB When I check the temperature after a game crashes it s about - degrees I did a RAM Check using memtest and i stressed the GPU using Video Card Stress Test It got up to degrees for about mins and got no artifacts or freezes or anything like that My CPU temps are I m using Windows XP SP and I ve installed the most recent drivers I ve tried using older drivers but that didnt work either Sometimes when games crash I also get a BSOD I opened the crash dump files and here s the info WARNING Unable to verify timestamp for ntoskrnl exe Windows XP Kernel Version Service Pack MP procs Free x compatible Product WinNt suite TerminalServer SingleUserTS Machine Name Kernel base x d PsLoadedModuleList x c Debug session time Mon Nov GMT System Uptime days Unable to load image ntoskrnl exe Win error n WARNING Unable to verify timestamp for ntoskrnl exe Loading Kernel Symbols Loading User Symbols Loading unloaded module list WARNING Unable to verify timestamp for nv disp dll Bugcheck Analysis Use analyze -v to get detailed debugging information BugCheck EA d b c b ebcbc Unable to load image watchdog sys Win error n WARNING Unable to verify timestamp for watchdog sys ERROR - could not read driver name for bugcheck parameter Probably caused by nv disp dll nv disp CDP GPU lt CCurie gt CDP GPU lt CCurie gt So should I try some particular version of NVidia drivers Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Games freeze/crash after 10 mins or less

Sounds like u have some type of clocking issue or temp problem...

First use CPUz, check out all setings,
then use HW monitor, to check CPU temp, and MOBO temps, and voltages.
3.) use GPUz to check out your video card settings...
4.) run a MEM test in dos, to see if u have any falty ram...
5.) check all bios settings... something could be configured wrong.

well, thats all i'v got... hope this helps

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/games-freeze-crash-after-10-mins-or-less.138575/
Relevancy 70.52%

Before I wiped my hard-drive clean and reloaded the operating system ME I had no trouble playing D games The OS was reloaded because my original was corrupted during loading at the factory Reliant Systemax Since then every D game I try to play flickers in freeze/crash and flicker games 3D parts of the picture and crashes or freezes at unpredictable points in the game I have tried using Direct X Eradicator to uninstall version and reinstall version This does not correct the problem I have since re-downloaded and re-installed Direct X I still have the crash problem I use Dachshund Software s Anti-Crash program I also use MemTurbo and keep my RAM steady at of at one-minute intervals I have a Ghz Pentium processor and am only using of my GB 3D games flicker and freeze/crash hard drive I use McAfee Clinic to clean up my system weekly and I defragment my hard drive weekly Everything else works okay I have the most optimised driver for my video card Nvidea Riva Pro Only the D games give me 3D games flicker and freeze/crash problems The only other problem is that intermittently 3D games flicker and freeze/crash during shut down I get a blue screen stating quot Windows Protection Error quot but not every time What could be causing the problems nbsp

A:3D games flicker and freeze/crash

Did you try a different Operating system ? or try different nvidia drivers there is a lot of different drivers . Try Xp works great! or updates for your current Op ,Bios update may be in order as well.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/3d-games-flicker-and-freeze-crash.120316/
Relevancy 70.52%

SP All fullscreen games I play freezes the time it takes varies Sometimes after minutes other times after hours etc First the screen is sort of quot stretched quot and I can hardly see the game some parts of the screen are completly black others games freeze/crash Fullscreen got different colours And then if I try alt tab or ctrl alt delete out it freezes up completly and I have to restart the computer It does eventually freeze by itself from sec to over a minute without doing anything it can randomly completly freeze I have searched a little to try and find someone with the same problem I did find one and he got suggestions for motherboard and BIOS But if that is the problem I would like directions as to how I can update these quot Manufacturer ASUSTeK Computer INC Model P N-D North Bridge NVIDIA nForce i SLI SPP Revision A South Bridge NVIDIA nForce i SLI MCP Revision A CPU Intel R Core TM Duo CPU E GHz Cpu Socket Socket LGA System Slots PCI Memory Summary Maximum Capacity MBytes Maximum Memory Module Size MBytes Memory Slots quot That is what I got on my motherboard using a program called SIW quot Display Adapter NVIDIA GeForce GTX Video Processor GeForce GTX Video memory size MBytes Adapter DAC Type Integrated RAMDAC Display Drivers nv disp dll Inf File Name oem inf Inf Section Section quot That I got on my video card from SIW I don't know what to categorize this problem as so any information I havn't given which would be good to have Please give me a list and I will try to find everything

A:Fullscreen games freeze/crash

What brand and wattage PSU.

Post the temps and voltages from the BIOS.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/fullscreen-games-freeze-crash-432328.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Problem Event Name AppHangB Application Name moh spearhead exe A problem caused this program to stop interacting with Windows Well after looking on so many threads and forums i have still not found a solution to why my games seem to crash like after mins of play even whats more strange i can be playing for over an hour sometimes and it will do the same again its becoming very frustrating for me I've read it could be either a hardware or software problem all my drivers are up too date i think I've done a memory diagnostic test did not find any errors Another thread i was reading said it's Direct x related Had and crash games desktop freeze All my help to plz this problem with ati cards before thinking of switching back to nvida because of personnel experiences they seem more stable I built my new computer myself All my games freeze and crash to desktop plz help back in January of this year i am from the uk and would really appreciate some help please I will post screen shots if needed anymore information you need feel free to ask - My specs are as follows AMD Athlon II X Processor GHz GB DDR MHz GB SATA III PSU OCZ Watt AMD Radeon HD GB Asus M A L-USB Speakers High Definition Audio Device Operating System Windows Ultimate -bit SP My cpu temps at idle are c and when gaming i never see it go pass the mark Gpu temps idle at c and when gaming i never seen it go over mark but i did a stress test while running a benchmark and it went as high as c I've read many comments on threads that the hd is just not a very good card i am looking into buying an alternative card don't know if this will fix my problems if anyone has any suggestions what would suit my system best i play games like battlefield skyrim batman arkham city crysis some older games to like the old medal of honor games and call of duty games

A:All my games freeze and crash to desktop plz help

First question would be, do you have any other games or apps that crash, or is it isolated to this particular game?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/230042-all-my-games-freeze-crash-desktop-plz-help.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Hi Please help I am having a problem for two days now with my games either freezing or crashing It only happens with games and it is all fine with videos and other software It all started two days ago when I was playing Skyrim The game crashed but I was tired and stopped playing that day Next day I tried to play again times and it would log my game but seconds after loading it it would freeze and then give me a black screen then back to the frozen screen black etc After that the th and th time I tried to launch the game games All Solved: freeze or crash it wouldn t even launch It would give me a white screen and I would hear the music in the background I thought the problem was with Skyrim so I decided to Play Shogun Total War and as soon as my game loaded it froze and kicked me back to the desktop I tried again with Shogun Total War and same result the second time I then tried Civilization V and it did the same with that game I then decided to try Napoleon Total War and this time instead of a freeze it gave me a BSOD I went through Steam and verified the in the Local Files Verified the Integrity of Game Cache and it all came out fine At that time I decided to check my Windows Updates and my computer is up to date with the latest update being the same night I started having problems Don t know if there is relation there or not I checked my ENVIDIA updates and there was an update that I needed to do so I updated my driver to GeForce and tried the games again but all still froze or crashed I ran the Windows Malicious Removal Tool and it came all fine I also ran sfc scannow in the cmd and result was Windows Resource Protection did not find any Solved: All games freeze or crash integrity violations I tried disabling Windows Defender which was the latest Windows Update and still nothing I went to msconfig and disabled all startup restarted still same I disabled all but Microsoft services in msconfig restarted still same I disabled my sound card still no fix I went to my advanced system settings to the performance settings and adjusted them for best performance and still no fix I checked the Event Viewer and I tons of Warnings and Errors Most of them are nvlddmkm errors so I did all the steps mentioned in http www instructables com id How-to-Fix-the-Nvlddmkm-Error Still after doing all of those nothing fixed my problem At the moment I have run out of solutions that I have read in several forums online I don t know what else I can do Any help is greatly appreciated I have attached both my DxDiag and Event Viewer as txt files thanks nbsp

A:Solved: All games freeze or crash

Hi and welcome to TSG.

Looking at your DXDiag I see the PC is a Dell, can you give us the Dell Service Tag number of the machine we we can look up the exact system specs.

Is the PC fully standard or have you changed or upgraded any hardware since you got it?

Can you download and install HWMonitor (its free). Run the program and screenshot it with your PC just sat at the desktop. If you can run any games, leave HWMonitor running and run a game for a couple of minutes then exit and screenshot HWMonitor again, post the two screenshots in a reply here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-all-games-freeze-or-crash.1104365/
Relevancy 69.66%

when ever i play wow or any games my computer seems to not like it but when i m just on facebook or i m listening to music on itunes it seems to be fine my graphics driver is up to date also when i start my computer up sometimes comes up with DRIVER IRQL please!!! help playing when Crash/freeze/BSOD games NOT LESS OR EQUAL then it Crash/freeze/BSOD when playing games help please!!! sometimes wont start up for awhile and the Crash/freeze/BSOD when playing games help please!!! cpu fan wont even start but i think i can hear the Gcard fan going faster then drop and speed then Crash/freeze/BSOD when playing games help please!!! speed up again and i will have to wait like mins then come to try again to start it up but it would only crash again on games when i open debug my Dmp it says at the end that hardware was the cause but im not sure what hardware it is i might be my graphics card but im not sure thanks OS Version Microsoft Windows Ultimate bit Processor AMD Athlon tm II X Processor AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Radeon HD Series Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC M A XTD EVO Rev X X MT K Antivirus AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Updated and Enabled nbsp

A:Crash/freeze/BSOD when playing games help please!!!

bump

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/crash-freeze-bsod-when-playing-games-help-please.977831/
Relevancy 68.8%

Just got a new PC and I'm experiencing BSODs while playing games (generally high end games). Sometimes there is no BSOD and the game just crashes, or the GPU driver stops responding and recovers.
I tried everything I thought of, that is clean install of GPU drivers, updated all other drivers and even a Windows format, but the problem still persists. Attached please find the latest dump files and a DxDiag system specs file.

Thanks

A:BSOD/Freeze/GPU Driver crash when playing games

Can you return the PC to who you bought it from to be fixed? A Windows Defender file is being flagged as a problem. Are you running another 3rd party antivirus program?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-freeze-gpu-driver-crash-when-playing-games.207105/
Relevancy 68.37%

Hey all,
I have a problem with my computer and I can't seem to fix it. Whenever i run a game is flashes black every few seconds and eventually freezes.

I have tried reformatting windows, reinstalling drivers, checking for abnormal temperatures, different games, spyware and adware checks.

I haven't found a search, this has been happening and gradually getting worse for the past 1-2 years. I cannot update PSU or graphics card as the computer i have is a mac. (Running bootcamp). A few of the games I try to play are: BF2142, CS:S, WoW and a few others.

I just want to be able to play games again and not have to replace my computer! Thanks again, 123xxx.

A:My games flash black then eventually freeze

Sounds like a video issue. Possibly drivers, a failing card, or just a card not capable of handling the games you are trying to play.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/my-games-flash-black-then-eventually-freeze-408170.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Hello This morning ish I had nothing running more than usual chrome onenote word on my desktop I was in my other room turning on my laptop but it crash screen DSL crash; modem Black would not find my wireless network I went to my desktop and found that the monitor turned itself off that's normal but moving the mouse and pressing the spacebar would not wake the monitor up The desktop power light was on and the monitor light was on I then looked at the DSL modem and saw the power light was red So I unplug it and waited seconds plugged it back in and the desktop rebooted Could a power fault on the modem Black screen crash; DSL modem crash affect the desktop like that I checked the event log viewer and the closest I can find is this Source Service Control Manager The Microsoft Network Inspection System service depends on the Microsoft Malware Protection Driver service which failed to start because of the following error A device attached to the system is not functioning Attached is the win utility info you offer

A:Black screen crash; DSL modem crash

Temp Monitoring

Check for heating issues using Speccy or HWMonitor.

Speccy - System Information - Free Download
HWMonitor CPUID - System & hardware benchmark, monitoring, reporting

Upload a screen shot with either of the tools: Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums\

Run Disk Check on your Hard Drive for file system errors and bad sectors on it.

Hard Drive Diagnostics
Double click and open my computer.
Right click on desired drive and hit properties.
Click on tools tab and Check now.

Read complete instructions on the tutorial: Disk Check

Other Tests:

Upload a screenshot of your hard disk using Crystal Disk Info.
Make a hard drive test from the hard drive manufacturers website.
Test your Hard Drive with SeaTools.

Take memtest. Run for 8 passes and test each stick in a know good slot for an additional 6 passes.RAM - Test with Memtest86+

The goal is to test all the RAM sticks and all the motherboard slots.

Check your motherboard manual to ensure the RAM sticks are in the recommended motherboard slots. Some motherboards have very specific slots required for the number of RAM sticks installed.

If you get errors, stop the test and continue with the next step.

1. Remove all but one stick of RAM from your computer (this will be RAM stick #1), and run Memtest86 again, for 7 passes.*Be sure to note the RAM stick, use a piece of tape with a number, and note the motherboard slot.
If this stick passes the test then go to step #3.

2. If RAM stick #1 has errors, repeat the test with RAM stick #2 in the same motherboard slot.*If RAM stick #2 passes, this indicates that RAM stick #1 may be bad. If you want to be absolutely sure, re-test RAM stick #1 in another known good slot.
*If RAM stick #2 has errors, this indicates another possible bad RAM stick, a possible motherboard slot failure or inadequate settings.
3. Test the next stick of RAM (stick #2) in the next motherboard slot.*If this RAM stick has errors repeat step #2 using a known good stick if possible, or another stick.
*If this RAM stick has no errors and both sticks failed in slot#1, test RAM stick #1 in this slot.
4. If you find a stick that passes the test, test it in all the other motherboard slots.

If Part 2 testing shows errors, and all tests in Part 3 show errors, you will need to test the RAM sticks in another computer and/or test other RAM in your computer to identify the problem.

In this way, you can identify whether it is a bad stick of RAM, a bad motherboard, or incompatibility between the sticks.

Information
Errors are sometimes found after 8 passes.

Tip
Memtest should be done overnight.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/353438-black-screen-crash-dsl-modem-crash.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hey all,
I am having problems with the screen freeing when running multiple windows (Chrome, office etc etc). When I try to swap between windows, I get a freeze and I am unable to do anything.
The cursor can be seen moving around the screen but has no effect in any area. The Windows Key doesn't ppear, nor can I tab into another programme.
If I try and start task manager to see which program is causing this, it will not appear over the frozen image.
Is there a way of telling from an event log what program is failing?

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?93064-Screen-freeze-and-black-screen-with-problems-multiple-windows
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi screen windows (black screen startup BSOD and freeze all i have a problem with my pc it randomly freeze at startup BSOD (black screen and windows startup screen freeze getting me black white or distorted screens after min the pc reboot and all go normal this problem can come or times at the same time after the pc BSOD (black screen and windows startup screen freeze finish his reboot it get me an error like this Firma problema Nome evento problema BlueScreen Versione SO ID impostazioni locali Ulteriori informazioni sul problema BCCode BCP FFFFFA B C BCP FFFFF FECBAE BCP FFFFFFFFC A BCP OS Version Service Pack Product and if i go on operative center it get me this Firma del problema Nome evento problema LiveKernelEvent Versione SO ID impostazioni locali Ulteriori informazioni sul problema BCCode BCP FFFFFA AF F BCP FFFFF F C BCP BCP OS Version Service Pack Product ID bucket X x Tdr IMAGE nvlddmkm sys Informazioni sul server e f a - - b - f - c b d here are the information that i see in the bsod post introduction OS -windows x its an assembled pc by me and i ve installed original win Full reatil version the system have week i have upgrade it from an old one created by me year ago the OS has week i have re intsalled it after the upgrade cpu-- gt i K with an after market cooler video card- gt Nvidia GTX with afetr market cooler motherboard - gt asus p z -v gen power supply - gt corsair tx v System Manufacturer gt by me XD here are the output from Windows Vista jcgriff and from perfmon PS sorry for my bad english - -''

A:BSOD (black screen and windows startup screen freeze

Ok 116 error is caused by your Graphics card.
First thing to do is update your drivers from the NVIDIA website.

If BSODs continue Try HDD tests,
download gpu-z to check if your card is getting too hot, also is there lots of dust in the card?

Do you overclock your video card?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-black-screen-and-windows-startup-screen-freeze-622591.html
Relevancy 63.64%

This has happened 3 times in the past 2 days and I have no clue what's causing it. My computer has had this problem before but it just went away before. I'll just be listening to iTunes, talking on AIM, and browsing in Firefox and all of the sudden my computer freezes and it shows this blue screen then it just sits there and I have to restart.

Here is an idea of what it looks like: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y8akgG2BpTQ

The error I get says IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL.

Thanks.

A:Freeze, Blue Screen, Crash

Hi . . .

Please go to the folder c:\windows\minidump and collect ALL of the files. Also, run msinfo32, and sav it as an NFO (System info) file. Zip these files up and attach to your next post and I'll take a look at th dump files to see if if I can help you to locate the cause of your BSOD problems.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/freeze-blue-screen-crash-262444.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Hey guys I have a HP Pavillion dv tx Screen and Solved: Crash Freeze thats right special edition XD I bought it in November The specs Intel Core Duo GHz GB RAM Mb Nvidia GPU inch widescreen WIndows Solved: Screen Freeze and Crash Vista -bit For two years my laptop has gone through very turbulent times with me It has been subjected to stains food etc I replaced Solved: Screen Freeze and Crash the keyboard recently Now my problem The other day I was playing Enemy Territory Quake Wars Then the screen froze up and slowly lines started appearing on the screen https lh googleusercontent com cX BWSeUEw TXEnlW Z-kI AAAAAAAAABg UZBPLmxVXlY s up JPG I pressed Ctrl Alt Del and the game unfroze I didnt think much of it I also realized that the laptop was hot It was on a glass desktop and I do not think ventilation was a problem since the fan vent is somewhere behind the screen hinges This problem kept recurring even after I had let the laptop cool Now the laptop won teven start Vista starts loading then the screen freezes lines appear and automatically shuts off https lh googleusercontent com cX BWSeUEw TXEnlwzhVhI AAAAAAAAABk OAq rLUjjls s upload JPG The fan isnt even running I have recovered all my data thanks to the Ubuntu Live CD god bless them Even in Ubuntu I found some pixels would remain red and that the display was not proper My friend told me that the problem was due to over-heating and due to the fact that i used to leave my laptop on at nights occasionally My battery doesnt run long without mains power thus the laptop is always plugged in PS- I know I havent been taking very good care of my laptop If you cant help please do not start preaching about how laptops are the most precious things in the world PPS- Just tell me if I have to get a new laptop Thanks a lot for reading my essay DK nbsp

A:Solved: Screen Freeze and Crash

No Preaching about laptops being so Prescious. Just a reminder that with the exception of a few, Laptops are not designed as Gaming Machines, and that they run at a higher temp normally than most Desktops. When you start gaming you start running into higher temps that can damage and kill things like the Video Adapter, the Motherboard and the CPU.

Using Compressed air to blow the dust out of the vent slots can help lower temperatures.

I frequently leave my laptop running over night while it is plugged in and it does not suffer. If the system were overheating though it probably would have caused problems.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-screen-freeze-and-crash.984098/
Relevancy 63.21%

I don't get a BSOD, just a system crash. Screen freezes in place and no response from keyboard/mouse. My computer was freezing before with the onboard video card I had, so I swapped it out for an Asus HD4350. It used to crash with a blue screen with lines on it. Since the installation of the new card, it just freezes. So I think it's the video card.

Minidump attached!

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!

A:Get random screen freeze/system crash

It does look like a video card issue. Try updating your card drivers.

Code:
Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.11.0001.404 AMD64
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\Jonathan\Desktop\012010-32557-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

Symbol search path is: SRV*c:\symbols*Symbol information
Executable search path is:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7600 MP (2 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS Personal
Built by: 7600.16385.amd64fre.win7_rtm.090713-1255
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`02e19000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`03056e50
Debug session time: Wed Jan 20 15:49:36.009 2010 (GMT-5)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:25:10.570
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
Unable to load image \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\dxgkrnl.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for dxgkrnl.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for dxgkrnl.sys
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 116, {fffffa80047d9010, fffff88003a9bf68, 0, 2}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\atikmdag.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atikmdag.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmdag.sys
Probably caused by : atikmdag.sys ( atikmdag+12f68 )

---------

0: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (116)
Attempt to reset the display driver and recover from timeout failed.
Arguments:
Arg1: fffffa80047d9010, Optional pointer to internal TDR recovery context (TDR_RECOVERY_CONTEXT).
Arg2: fffff88003a9bf68, The pointer into responsible device driver module (e.g. owner tag).
Arg3: 0000000000000000, Optional error code (NTSTATUS) of the last failed operation.
Arg4: 0000000000000002, Optional internal context dependent data.

Debugging Details:
------------------
OVERLAPPED_MODULE: Address regions for 'atikmdag' and 'atikmdag.sys' overlap

FAULTING_IP:
atikmdag+12f68
fffff880`03a9bf68 48895c2408 mov qword ptr [rsp+8],rbx

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: GRAPHICS_DRIVER_TDR_FAULT

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x116

PROCESS_NAME: System

CURRENT_IRQL: 0

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`066e49c8 fffff880`042b4ef8 : 00000000`00000116 fffffa80`047d9010 fffff880`03a9bf68 00000000`00000000 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`066e49d0 00000000`00000116 : fffffa80`047d9010 fffff880`03a9bf68 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000002 : dxgkrnl+0x5cef8
fffff880`066e49d8 fffffa80`047d9010 : fffff880`03a9bf68 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000002 00000000`00000000 : 0x116
fffff880`066e49e0 fffff880`03a9bf68 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000002 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : 0xfffffa80`047d9010
fffff880`066e49e8 00000000`00000000 : 00000000`00000002 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 fffff880`042b4c02 : atikmdag+0x12f68
STACK_COMMAND: kb

FOLLOWUP_IP:
atikmdag+12f68
fffff880`03a9bf68 48895c2408 mov qword p... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/65018-get-random-screen-freeze-system-crash.html
Relevancy 63.21%

I recently acquired during crash screen freeze dump error a compaq presario F with Windows Vista Home Basic Lately my computer has been cutting out and a blue screen will appear with an error message stating that my computer has been freeze during crash dump error screen shut down to protect data and says to restart in safe mode I freeze during crash dump error screen ve heard of this happening when users start a program but for me this happens in the middle of what I m doing I ll have two or three programs running at once iTunes Internet Explorer and sometimes freeze during crash dump error screen Windows Live Messenger and then that blue screen will pop up and it will freeze the audio i m listening to broken record kinda sound and in the blue screen it will show quot STOP x x D EE x x FFFF x quot I don t recall whether or not a file appeared below that I also noticed that with other users the computer goes through the process of dumping memory and restarting itself Mine has never finished the process or restarted by itself I ve had to manually shut it down every time not sure if that is a bad thing to do though my computer will only get to the second line quot initializing data for crash dump quot then it freezes i ve tried to let it sit seeing if it takes time but it never did anything so if that stop code can pinpoint the problem that would be great but if not i ll repost with the full error message next time it happens nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/freeze-during-crash-dump-error-screen.620385/
Relevancy 63.21%

Hello, I'm having an issue with my PC I've put together and am not sure what is causing it. When I am playing games Like Team Fortress 2 and Command and conquer my PC locks up with a black screen and sound loop. There is no particular time when it happens, sometimes it takes an hour or two and then happens every ten to fifteen minutes. and sometimes it happens after twenty minutes and sometimes it doesn't happen at all. I can leave my computer on for hours and no problems, only when I play games. Anyone have any Ideas?

PC Components:
Lanparty UT ICFX3200-T2R/G Motherboard
Pentium D Extreme 840 @ 3.2Ghz
2 x 2Gig Buffalo pc6400 single channel RAM
ATI Radeon 4830 video card
WD 320 Gig SATA harddrive
hec Orion HP585D power supply 585 Watts
Alpine DVD drive

A:Black screen freeze up

If it only happens when you are playing games, and at different times during the games, it's probably a graphics card issue. You may want to install and graphics card fan to keep the temp down, or possibly consider upgrading your graphics card.

I would first suggest running a quick diagnostic on it, search for the burn in diagnostic tool from the downloads section of the site and let it run, it will test your graphics card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/black-screen-freeze-up.126900/
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi all I Screen Black Help! freeze after just started having this problem with my PC It is home built and has been running fine for quite a while It is tyan thunder K X motherboard AMD MP GHz processors GB DDR ECC memory Nvidia graphic board forget which Help! Black Screen after freeze one Ok so here s the Help! Black Screen after freeze symptoms I shut the machine down at night When I power up in the morning it is fine boots up and runs for maybe minutes then will either completely freeze or blue screen with various error messages When it froze this last time I hit the Help! Black Screen after freeze reset button and it goes to a black screen no blinking cursor nothing it is most definately NOT booting The power button or additional resets don t do anything So I remove power Turn it back on same thing Black screen Hit the reset button now it will boot and run all day without a problem Pretty weird So in my first troubleshooting effort this morning instead of booting windows I popped my memtest floppy disk in and let it sit and spin Figured I wanted to eliminate the OS and or drivers from the problem After about minutes I got a bunch of multi colored random characters on the screen Went through the same power up sequence with the same issues as above and now it is happily spinning away in memtest without issue Any ideas what could be going on here Some sort of temperature problem problem when cold If so where do I even start Any help GREATLY appreciated Patti nbsp

A:Help! Black Screen after freeze

when you get the error message, make a note of the error code then post again. if the blue screen is not up long enough try and take a picture of it (it works you just have to be quick lol).

when we have the code it will be easier to figure out.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-black-screen-after-freeze.44777/
Relevancy 63.21%

I run windows xp. I have 4 accounts set up: two admin and one each for my wife and grandson. These are not admin accounts. when my wife logs off, the computer often will switch to a black screen and it freezes. F drive is my main drive. Need help. Thanks

Looking for help.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: Intel Pentium III Xeon processor, x86 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 6
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3326 Mb
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 6670, -2048 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 305234 MB, Free - 147823 MB; F: Total - 953859 MB, Free - 805067 MB; G: Total - 476929 MB, Free - 83979 MB;
Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer INC., P5N-D
Antivirus: Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

A:xp pro log off black screen and freeze

If it is only her account and you are sure the computer is virus free, the easiest thing to do would probably be to create a new user account.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-pro-log-off-black-screen-and-freeze.1096326/
Relevancy 63.21%

I have this problem on my screen freeze XP SP3 black Win HTPC which is on all the time It has Win XP SP3 black screen freeze a problem of totally freezing every couple days with a black screen can t get out of it until I reset the tower Every time it happens I look at the event log Win XP SP3 black screen freeze and I see these Event Type Error Event Source atapi Event Category None Event ID Date Time AM User Win XP SP3 black screen freeze N A Computer JASON-HTPC Description The device Device Ide IdePort is not ready for access yet Event Type Error Event Source Disk Event Category None Event ID Date Time AM User N A Computer JASON-HTPC Description The driver detected a controller error on Device Harddisk D They come in pairs and occur every - minutes until about half an hour later which I suspect when the machine totally freezes up no more log entries of these problem I read it could be cable I ve switched the sata cable on the HD and the sata port it s plugged to on the MB I have no problem reading from the disk otherwise I suspect something s wrong with my MB but odd that I don t see a log event for my C only on the D and the DVD writer why does it log it as ide it s sata Any help will be appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Win XP SP3 black screen freeze

Do you have all of the newest drivers? Have you tryed switching which port you plug your hard drive into?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win-xp-sp3-black-screen-freeze.864691/
Relevancy 63.21%

Hello i have this issue with my computer for about two years Ive taken it to people who are supposed to know about freeze screen Black / it so they could solve it but the problem came back one or two months after being fixed I ve searched help in many forums but no one could help me This is the problem i found Some things are in spanish since its my native language Hope u can understand Descripci n Windows dej de funcionar correctamente por un problema con el hardware de v deo Firma del problema Nombre de evento de problema LiveKernelEvent Versi n del sistema operativo Id de configuraci n regional Archivos que ayudan a describir el problema WD- - dmp sysdata xml WERInternalMetadata xml Ver copia temporal de estos archivos Advertencia si la causa del problema es un virus u otra amenaza a la seguridad el equipo se podr a da ar al abrir una copia de los archivos Informaci n adicional sobre el problema BCCode BCP FFFFFA FCD BCP FFFFF C BCP BCP OS Version Service Pack Product ----------------- The error occurrs while gaming when im idle Black screen / freeze or chrome or at any time ----------------- I runed checkdisk and had no errors Memtest gave no errors Updated nvidia drivers I tried every version of them with a clean install using Driver Sweeper AVG full scan on safe mode shows that my cpu is clean ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report Machine name JUAN-PC Operating System Windows Enterprise -bit Build Service Pack win sp gdr - Language Spanish Regional Setting Spanish System Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd System Model H M-D BIOS Award Modular BIOS v PG Processor Intel R Core TM i - K CPU GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Available OS Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX DX Setup Parameters Not found User DPI Setting Using System DPI System DPI Setting DPI percent DWM DPI Scaling Disabled DxDiag Version bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ Display Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D retail DirectDraw retail DirectInput retail DirectMusic retail DirectPlay retail DirectSound retail DirectShow retail --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name NVIDIA GeForce GTX Manufacturer NVIDIA Chip type GeForce GTX DAC type Integrated RAMDAC Device Key Enum PCI VEN DE amp DEV C amp SUBSYS amp REV A Display Memory MB Dedicated Memory MB Shared Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Name Monitor PnP gen rico Monitor Model W Monitor Id GSM EE Native Mode x p Hz Output Type HD Driver Name nvd dumx dll nvwgf umx dll nvwgf umx dll nvd dum nvwgf um nvwgf um Driver File Version English Driver Version DDI Version Driver Model WDDM Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo'd Yes WHQL Date Stamp Device Identifier D B E E- - CF-A F- EC C Vendor ID x DE Device ID x C SubSys ID x Revision ID x A Driver Strong Name oem inf NVIDIA SetA Devices NTamd Section pci ven de amp dev c Rank Of Driver E Video Accel ModeMPEG A ModeMPEG C ModeVC C ModeWMV C Deinterlace Caps CB - - - E - C DB Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive F F DA - B - B F- D -C E EAAB Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY A A C -C EC- BD - EDE-F C DC B Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch CB - - - E - C DB Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive F F DA - B - B F- D -C E EAAB Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fw... Read more

A:Black screen / freeze

Quote:

description
Windows stopped working properly due to a problem with the video hardware.
Problem Signature
Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.4
Locale ID: 11274
Files that help describe the problem
WD-20130705-2242.dmp
sysdata.xml
WERInternalMetadata.xml
View temporary copy of these files
Warning: If the problem is caused by a virus or other security threat, the equipment may be damaged when opening a copy of the files.
Additional information about the problem

It looks like your video card is failing.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/black-screen-freeze-701714.html
Relevancy 63.21%

I was searching Youtube and then suddenly the whole screen went black and comp froze. Nothing responds so had to hold power button to shut down. When I turned it on again, all my preferences are gone like my Facebook. When I normally go to facebook, it shows my homepage but now it tells me to log on. Same with Youtube, Windows Live Messenger and this forum. (These are the only ones I came across)
Whats wrong with my computer?

A:Black Screen Freeze

Hi -

What web browser are you using? (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome etc)

Just looks like your saved form information within your browser has been deleted. If, you log back in to these sites (Facebook, TSF etc) and accept any dialog (or checkbox) that asks you whether you want the form information (username/password etc) to be saved that should take things back to how there were before.

As for the black screen, it is difficult to tell what caused in, however if it should happen again, reply here, and I will attempt to assist in finding the cause/solution.

Let me know how you get on.

Regards, - GJ

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/black-screen-freeze-557743.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Hello I ve came here again with the same issue yet it s way worse than before I have an Asus K SC laptop running Windows Ultimate My issue is that my laptop freezes followed by a total black out the laptop is still running but I can t do anything even the cursor disappears and if I have a sound on background it repeats the last syllables forever screen freeze Black Sometimes it occurs without a freeze just my monitor Black screen freeze turning black and other times I get a blue screen What I ve seen Black screen freeze during my troubleshooting tries is that whenever I don t get the blue screen when only the monitor turns black the event is not recognised as a crash This occurs when I browse the internet most of the times when I watch a video having pictures loading in the background gifs it even occurs when I m watching movies or playing games it occurs while playing and alt tab it Another thing I observed is that it occurs more often when running on High Performance Entertaining Mode while when on Battery Saving it only occured while watching movies or playing games I have tried to reproduce the problem in Safe Mode but for some reason it never occured Initially it was only occuring when I was alt tabbing games now it expanded to all other situations I previously mentioned My spec OS W Ultimate bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - QM CPU GHz CPUs RAM GB Graphics Intel HD Graphics I also have a Nvidia Geforce GT MX GB but I never find it mentioned in my specs I hope someone can help me any ideas are welcome I m desperate I suspect a GPU problem but meh what do I know I hope I posted in the right section Thank you in advance nbsp

Relevancy 63.21%

When I launch a game I have to wait like a minute until it launches after that a black screen appears, no sound and i cant do anything. I tried pressing windows key l, alt tabbing, ctrl+alt+delete, alt+f4 nothing helps only power button.
I have all the latest drivers, did a virus scan, checked for windows updates, defraged my hard drive. This happens for all my games but not always.

http://www.tenforums.com/gaming/37640-black-screen-freeze.html
Relevancy 62.78%

I recently upgraded from xp home to xp pro. now my games freeze at the initial start-up screen. can anyone help me?

Relevancy 62.78%

Hello I recently build this PC and it works fine for the most part Screen playing games. while Freeze but sometimes twice Screen Freeze while playing games. so far I got a weird screen Screen Freeze while playing games. freeze while playing games that I cant figure out myself I build this PC days ago so not sure what to make of it When the freeze happens it is a certain color with stripes from top to bottom I checked the log and it gave this error message Logboeknaam System Bron Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power Datum - - Gebeurtenis-id Taakcategorie Niveau Kritiek Trefwoorden Gebruiker SYSTEM Computer Valerium-PC Beschrijving Het systeem is opnieuw opgestart zonder eerst correct te worden afgesloten Deze fout is mogelijk veroorzaakt doordat het systeem niet meer reageert of is vastgelopen of doordat de stroom is uitgevallen Gebeurtenis-XML lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power quot Guid quot C B A- - C -AC E- C D B quot gt lt EventID gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt Valerium-PC lt Computer gt lt Security UserID quot S- - - quot gt lt System gt lt EventData gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckCode quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot SleepInProgress quot gt false lt Data gt lt Data Name quot PowerButtonTimestamp quot gt lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt Mind you this is in dutch but the message itself translates into quot The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first This error could be caused if the system stopped responding crashed or lost power unexpectedly quot My hardware is PSU Corsair HW Case Coolermaster Storm Sniper CPU Intel I GPU XFX Radeon HD Ram GB OCZ Platinum cl low voltage OS Windows bit home premium Mobo MSI P -GD Sound G USB headset HD Samsung SpinPoint F gb SATA Case cooling shouldnt be the issue Speedfan shows everything is well within range Besides it happend in one game red faction guerilla within minutes so that just further proves it has nothing to do with cooling I read on other forums it has something to do with conflicting sound drivers maybe that could be it Please let me know

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/screen-freeze-while-playing-games-462495.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Hello and thanks for reading I have a year old HP pavilion dv series laptop running windows Yesterday I turned it on and it started normally but when I tried to browse on Firefox it gave me the blue screen for the first time ever and it shut down Fearing I had a virus I ran it in safe mode blinking Laptop blue cursor crash HP screen screen black with now and started a scan and began HP Laptop blue screen crash now black screen with blinking cursor transporting my pictures via Dropbox just in case it died on me Sure enough a weird error message couldnt HP Laptop blue screen crash now black screen with blinking cursor figure out what program made the message pop up popped up saying I had a bunch of urgent viruses I didn t click on it at all and before I couldn t think of what to do the blue screen popped up and it shut down When I tried to restart it the HP splash sign popped up and the screen flickered black and a blinking HP Laptop blue screen crash now black screen with blinking cursor cursor started in the upper left corner So this is where I stand now Black screen with blinking cursor Set default setting in BIOS didn t work and F safe mode or F system restore does nothing The black screen just stays there Any ideas Is it a gonner I m hoping to get back on and get my pictures if possible Help please nbsp

A:HP Laptop blue screen crash now black screen with blinking cursor

sounds like a bug -click report and ask to move to malware forum

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-laptop-blue-screen-crash-now-black-screen-with-blinking-cursor.1033666/
Relevancy 62.35%

Ok here s the deal for several months my computer would randomly freeze up the screen would go blank and would say No Signal - for about seconds then it would come right back up Solved: Freeze Screen Crash Error Blank and be fine My computer tech Solved: Freeze Crash Blank Screen Error guy could not figure it out Today my computer would freeze then the screen would go blank and NOT come back I would turn off the computer and restart and then it would work for a while and the same thing would happen again Sometimes the computer would freeze the display would show very low resolution and I would get a dialog box that said quot The nv disp display driver has stopped working normally Save your work and reboot the system to restore full display functionality The next time you reboot the machine a dialog will be displayed giving you a chance to upload data about this failure to Microsoft quot My tech came out today and reinstalled the display drivers I couldn t get the dialog box error thing to happen while he was here of course Solved: Freeze Crash Blank Screen Error and he was unable to find out what the problem was Help Thanks for your time Julie nbsp

Relevancy 62.35%

Since two months ago, I started getting black and frozen screen for no reason. Sometimes it would automatically recover itself and give a message "Display Driver AMD Stopped Responding Has Successfully Recovered" but other times, it would need a reset.

The last few days I was getting blue screen error message, see below.
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 116
BCP1: 897ED510
BCP2: 98D7460E
BCP3: 00000000
BCP4: 00000002
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

Kindly advise what is wrong? Many thanks in advance.

A:Black & Freeze Screen after PC started

Welcome aboard, angryfly.

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 116, {897ed510, 98d7460e, 0, 2}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\atikmpag.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atikmpag.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmpag.sys
Probably caused by : atikmpag.sys ( atikmpag+760e )

---------

2: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (116)
Attempt to reset the display driver and recover from timeout failed.
Arguments:
Arg1: 897ed510, Optional pointer to internal TDR recovery context (TDR_RECOVERY_CONTEXT).
Arg2: 98d7460e, The pointer into responsible device driver module (e.g. owner tag).
Arg3: 00000000, Optional error code (NTSTATUS) of the last failed operation.
Arg4: 00000002, Optional internal context dependent data.

Debugging Details:
------------------
FAULTING_IP:
atikmpag+760e
98d7460e 8bff mov edi,edi

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: GRAPHICS_DRIVER_TDR_FAULT

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x116

PROCESS_NAME: System

STACK_TEXT:
90ac35f0 9a9c607b 00000116 897ed510 98d7460e nt!KeBugCheckEx+0x1e
90ac3614 9a9ba937 98d7460e 00000000 00000002 dxgkrnl!TdrBugcheckOnTimeout+0x8d
90ac3638 98c0692c 00000000 00000000 90ac36f8 dxgkrnl!TdrIsRecoveryRequired+0xb8
90ac36b0 98c2dc1d fffffcfb 00002155 00000000 dxgmms1!VidSchiReportHwHang+0x3c0
90ac36dc 98c205ed 874bf008 90ac36f8 00000102 dxgmms1!VidSchWaitForCompletionEvent+0x16f
90ac3758 98c21a74 890bd6a0 00000000 884f6000 dxgmms1!VIDMM_DMA_POOL::WaitDmaBufferNotBusy+0x91
90ac3780 98c150c8 884f6124 00000000 884f6000 dxgmms1!VIDMM_DMA_POOL::AcquireBuffer+0x17c
90ac386c 98c15af4 884f6224 00000000 00000001 dxgmms1!VIDMM_GLOBAL::FlushPagingBufferInternal+0x3c6
90ac38ac 98c19acd 00000000 00000000 90ac38d4 dxgmms1!VIDMM_GLOBAL::CompleteBuildPagingBufferIteration+0x23e
90ac39f4 98c1bc76 00000000 00000001 00000003 dxgmms1!VIDMM_GLOBAL::MapVideoApertureSegmentInternal+0x11b
90ac3a34 98c2a0d2 ac692458 00000003 000006ec dxgmms1!VIDMM_GLOBAL::MapVideoApertureSegment+0xf8
90ac3a64 98c298f0 ac692458 000006ec 00000082 dxgmms1!VIDMM_APERTURE_SEGMENT::MapApertureRange+0x2c
90ac3a94 98c18edb ac692458 00000000 87f12870 dxgmms1!VIDMM_APERTURE_SEGMENT::CommitResource+0xe8
90ac3ac0 98c1a8b4 8a2c2800 00000003 87f0e2f0 dxgmms1!VIDMM_GLOBAL::PageInAllocations+0x8f
90ac3bb8 98c31850 90cb3380 00000000 87f12870 dxgmms1!VIDMM_GLOBAL::PrepareDmaBuffer+0x95e
90ac3d18 98c32141 86c9ac78 85ff73b8 90ac3d3c dxgmms1!VidSchiSubmitRenderCommand+0x1c0
90ac3d28 98c323de 86c9ac78 8304abb9 874bf008 dxgmms1!VidSchiSubmitQueueCommand+0x61
90ac3d3c 98c32485 874bf008 00000000 890af538 dxgmms1!VidSchiRun_PriorityTable+0x24
90ac3d50 8321e07a 874bf008 b82f5d4f 00000000 dxgmms1!VidSchiWorkerThread+0x7f
90ac3d90 830c4819 98c32406 874bf008 00000000 nt!PspSystemThreadStartup+0x9e
00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 nt!KiThreadStartup+0x19
STACK_COMMAND: .bugcheck ; kb

FOLLOWUP_IP:
atikmpag+760e
98d7460e 8bff mov edi,edi

SYMBOL_NAME: atikmpag+760e

FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: atikmpag

IMAGE_NAME: atikmpag.sys

DEBUG_FLR_I... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/262628-black-freeze-screen-after-pc-started.html
Relevancy 62.35%

After a period of time with the machine not rebooting (just fan running, no screen, looks like no disk i/o) it finally booted and it seemed like it was working. Then the cursor froze again, then black screen, and now I can not reboot again. I noticed that wuauclt.exe (supposedly windows update) was running as well as some other suspicions apps before it froze. What would you recommend I use to eliminate any malicious software, provided I can get this machine booted up again?

Relevancy 62.35%

Recently my computer has Screen, Freeze, Black Restart been freezing at certain times I ve come to think it must be a problem either with my hardware or my windows but I thought it would be best to get more expert info instead of diving head Freeze, Black Screen, Restart first into the problem The main problem that occurs is the random freezing My computer will suddenly freeze and I would have to manually restart it in order for it to work again I have noticed that the frequency of the freezes start to decrease after a few manual restarts via power button but it can still tend to freeze later during use Sometimes the screen will freeze and after a few seconds will be followed by a grayish black screen and then a restart At certain times when I recover from a restart Windows will provide an error report Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode BCP E DC BCP BCP C ED BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users gene AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml Any help in diagnosing the problem and fixing it will be appreciated

A:Freeze, Black Screen, Restart

Download BlueScreenView (in Zip file)No installation required.Unzip downloaded file and double click on BlueScreenView.exe file to run the program.When scanning is done, go Edit>Select All.Go File>Save Selected Items, and save the report as BSOD.txt.Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all content, and paste it into your next reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/375357/freeze-black-screen-restart/
Relevancy 62.35%

Greetings My PC is windows bit service pack Lately I've been having a recurring Hanging Freezing issue It appears to happen randomly sometimes when it's sitting on the desktop sometimes when typing in a forum like this other times while playing a game The computer will freeze or hang the mouse might still move a little bit for a second Then the screen usually goes black Sometimes I can still move the mouse but it will only move in a jerking fashion every couple seconds rather and Black Screen Freeze/Hangs than smoothly Some of the screen will sometimes start to come back like the bottom or top of the screen but the rest Freeze/Hangs and Black Screen is still black However every time it ultimately results in the computer completely locking up and I am forced to turn it off and back on I've scanned my entire PC multiple times with Malwarebytes Spyhunter MSE and others I used CCleaner to clean up my registry I made sure my video drivers are updated and windows update is all up to date as well None of that helped My video cards do tend to run hot when playing graphic intensive games but I've played for a long time like that with no issues I use in crossfire mode though despite multiple varifications saying its on and working I never see the nd card having any GPU Freeze/Hangs and Black Screen Load Though the st card never gets to load either Just in case that is the issue I just now took out the main card altogether and swapped it with the nd card Currently waiting for it to hang again as it appears completely random I use GPU-Z and Coretemp to monitor my temps If these aren't the best options or something else is needed I can download whatever programs and run whatever tests you Freeze/Hangs and Black Screen need for more info I'm pretty good with using computers in general but I have less experience troubleshooting an issue such as this so please try to be as clear as possible Please help Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/freeze-hangs-and-black-screen-714137.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi all I have DIYed a PC weeks ago for gaming internet purpose with the following config - ASRock Z Pro -M MB - Intel i G CPU - Team Elite DDR x G Ram - WD Caviar Blue GB HD - Sapphire HD Vapor-X OC G GDDR - FSP W Aurum Gold PSU - Windows bit Ultimate However it got randomly freeze and black screen in windows in different scenario - Freeze at Screen Saver - Freeze after away for a few mins - Freeze during Skype Gameplay with repeat sound playing during freeze - New Screen on Random PC Freeze/Black Black screen during Shutdown - gt Windows Random Freeze/Black Screen on New PC Update Installing Basically it can freeze any time after starting up without special observable pattern One thing is that it usually - freeze during the first minutes after starting up windows However sometimes it can work for a few hours normally after the -minutes time What I've done so far but the problem still persist - WD Data Lifeguard Diagnostic v Quick Test Extended Test - gt No Error Found - Memtest overnight for passes - gt No Error or Hang - Stress Stability Test in OCCT FurMark Prime Aida - gt Temperate of CPU GPU up to C seems normal and no freeze during test - Power Supply Test in OCCT - gt The voltage seems stable - Update BIOS to the latest version - Installed Windows XP SP -bit - gt Same problem - Adjust the Ram Voltage from Auto to V - The voltage in BIOS seems normal within range - Disabled quot Link State Power Management quot in Power Options - Testing in progress Boot Random Freeze/Black Screen on New PC into Safe Mode w Networking - gt No Random Freeze/Black Screen on New PC problem so far for hours I'm not sure if it's software driver issue or hardware problem It doesn't look like problem of Ram HD given the test results I was using Laptop before I don't have any spare parts to switch in for testing individual part now I saw in PSU forum that FSP is not good I'm thinking to buy another good one as suggested in PSU forum but the PSU is new and there are so far no freeze in safe mode DOS testing programs I'm not sure if it's PSU issue I have been searching in Google and tried the things I found but still no clue at all Please advise anything I can do further to locate remedy the issue

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/random-freeze-black-screen-on-new-pc-650538.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Hello I am having problems with my computer which i cannot solve myself so i will describe my problem and i hope someone will help me The problem is that when working on the computer either playing World of Warcraft or watching movies facebook youtube that kinda stuff sometimes my screen freezes while the mouse cursor is still moving for another secs and the sound is still on then after those secs the mouse stops and the sound stops either and i get black screen on my monitor saying quot No Signal quot and i have to restart the computer so it goes back to work again I tried OCCT tests for the CPU and my VGA but i get no errors and normal temperatures I Black screen freeze then Computer tried Computer freeze then Black screen MemTest on my RAM and the first time i did it the computer crashed the same way it does after mins of the test the next day i started the test again and it ran smoothly for couple of hours with no errors So if anyone can help me with this problem I would be very grateful I dunno for sure if its Computer freeze then Black screen the RAM that is cosing the problems or anything else like the graphic card or something else My computer configuration is Motherboard Asus M N TD EVO CPU AMD Athlon II X GHz VGA Asus EAH Formula GB DDR RAM x GB DDR Mhz Kingston I'm looking forward to hearing from you

A:Computer freeze then Black screen

when testing the ram did you run memtest with one stick in at a time?

what is the make model and wattage of your power supply? if youdo not open the case and have a look at the label on the psu.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/computer-freeze-then-black-screen-577876.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi guys I m not entirely sure but I think this problem started around the time I upgraded my GPU to an ATI Its really strange and VERY annoying Doesn t happen all the time but only right after logging in to Windows XP and while the windows chime is playing the sound will cut off and the monitor will turn off freeze log & screen XP after black Solved: in no signal and then nothing happens no restart Solved: XP freeze & black screen after log in no blue screen I have to restart the PC manually I can t even get into damn safe mode because all I am faced with is a black screen monitor is on but no picture I have done all the basic steps i e Virus Scan even root kit scan Check Disk Memory Test tried disabling services and programs also did a Windows Repair to no avail If only I could get into quot Safe Mode quot I could do some more testing I have a feeling its got something to do with the graphics card problem is I don t have a spare card that I can test or a spare PC to test it in at this time Any ideas Specs XP Pro SP ASUS M N-SLI Deluxe AMD Athlon X ghz Gb Ram non dual channel ATI Radeon Really appreciate any help from experienced Support guru s out there nbsp

A:Solved: XP freeze & black screen after log in

$20 to the person who helps me resolve this, I promise.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-xp-freeze-black-screen-after-log-in.973889/
Relevancy 62.35%

Hello,
I bought this new computer 2 months ago and i've been having some problems.
It randomly freezes while playing games (mostly WoW) or just doing other things, first the picture freezes while the mouse is still working, then the sound and the mouse cursor stop and the screen goes black saying "No Signal" and after few seconds the computer restarts.
I have attached the last 2 minidump files (only have 2 since i re-installed the windows not long ago).
I bought a new PSU few weeks ago and still i get the same crashes.
My computer configuration is:
MB: Asus M4N98TD Evo
CPU: AMD Athlon II X2 260 3.2GHz
VGA: Asus EAH5750 1GB DDR5
RAM: 4GB DDR3 1333MHz Kingston
HDD: WDC WD1600JS
PSU: Delux ATX 800W P4

Can you help me about this problem? Because at the moment i have no idea what might be causing the problems.
Thank you.

Relevancy 62.35%

Thank you in advance for any help that can demystify what is going on with this box The PC is a intermittent black freeze and screen custom build about years old running XP SP AMD Athalon GHZ GB ram NVIDIA Gforce display with no apparent conflicts Not a screamer by today s standard but well built and reliable until now Recently while accessing a website s quot map location quot feature my screen froze and went black for about intermittent freeze and black screen seconds before recovering The symptom can be best described as a crash or quot labored quot Refresh Coincidence perhaps Unfortunately since that episode intermittent freeze and black screen the problems began Although in Normal Mode - the pc still intermittent freeze and black screen boots up fast displaying the desktop as normal however it continuously freezes the screen goes black and comes to a crawl while start up processes load In all processes listed in TM the CPU usage is between - After start up the symptoms continue every seconds- black screen and intermittent freezing The mouse freezes and are also intermittent Click events are non reactive or take an inordinate amout of time minutes to respond Rightclick context menus are ghost translucent in appearance Programs are slow or won t load at all I made several attempts to stop running processes via the task manager and misconfig in effort to pinpoint rule out the possibility of a software causing the problem Processes are impossible to stop via task manager since the mouse locks up and screen continues it s second freeze blackout cycle The machine works flawlessly in Safe Mode where I attempted to tick off several start up processes in misconfig Applying the settings and rebooting into normal mode unfortunately had no effect on the problem I opened the box case cleaned and blew out any dust and debris with psi including the power supply Removed the ram two gig sticks and tested then one at a time in combination and alternating slots No change in the symptoms The only recent changes made before the problems occurred- were software installed iTunes about two weeks ago with no problems and with no problems to the machine AVG - up to date scans reveal no threats in the past daysMbam - up to date full scan mode reveal no threatsSAS - up to date full scan mode reveal on threatsI just updated the NVIDA driver as I m typing this- The new driver threw the pc in a continuous loop causing it reboot on it s own times in a row I am not that skilled in trouble shooting- Anyone have any ideas or procedures to check against hardware vs software diagnosis Thanks again

A:intermittent freeze and black screen

You didn't post the make and model of the motherboard. Does it have integrated graphics? If it does, pull your graphics card and use the integrated to see if this makes a difference.

Edit:

Does the computer boot to a working state now?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/376971/intermittent-freeze-and-black-screen/
Relevancy 62.35%

Hello there to keep this post as short as possible heres the long story short I a fairly old computer I got some upgraded parts for it a few weeks ago here are the statistics of the computer Old means its been there for a long time year and new is the stuff I got recently Pentium Ghz Processor Old GB Corsair DD RAM New NVIDIA GeForce GTS New x MB Hard Drives New Windows XP And the motherboard is old and Im not sure what model sry The problem is sometimes when I am playing my games the computer sometimes freezes as in I'm playing the game and suddenly the game freezes and the screen goes black and indicates theres quot no signal quot on the monitor dispite the computer still making running noises also if I bang the computer by accident eg bumping into it I also goes to a black screen usally after restarting after this error I does not load just gives multiple beeps so I have to leave it offline for about minutes before it loads again I doubt its overheating as I checked for blockage dust on the fans non-working fans etc but they are all running fine anyone know what wrong with my computer Black Computer Odd Freeze Screen /

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/odd-computer-freeze-black-screen-198457.html
Relevancy 62.35%

I m running the latest screen HELP! Vista freeze! black Vista RC build I believe It has been Vista black screen freeze! HELP! running fine with no boot problems but then tonight I was burning a CD and it tried to write then froze on and I tried to access Windows explorer at the same time before it would allow me to navigate anything it froze and I could do nothing not even CTRL ALT DEL I was forced to turn off the computer at the tower Upon reboot it gets past the Windows Vista animated progress bar screen and then turns black and halts there It does nothing more I tried Safe Mode but when it s loading the files it halts on crcdisk sys and never moves I m pretty much stuck I unplugged every single USB device from the back of the machine as well no change I have made NO recent hardware or software installations If I could get back into Safe Mode I could at least run a system restore but as of right now it s not letting me do anything I don t use SATA drives or drivers so that is not an issue concerning crcdisk sys If no one knows anything by tomorrow afternoon I m going to go through the lengthy process of swapping hard drives with another PC and reinstalling Vista on a clean hard drive I really don t want to have to do this if it s not necessary Someone give me something else to try please Cheers nbsp

A:Vista black screen freeze! HELP!

Did you get an answer for this problem? I have the same problem

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-black-screen-freeze-help.520335/
Relevancy 62.35%

I will just be generally using my laptop browsing the internet or using programs such as photoshop and my system will freeze up for about 10 seconds and then will turn to a black screen forcing me to shut the system down via the power button. This happens at least once a day and most commonly occurs when opening photoshop. My laptop is a Packard bell EasyNote TE69KB, ive been looking for solutions for days but nothing seemed to help.
Please help me if you can, thanks

A:Windows 8.1 freeze then black screen please help

Your computer might not be able to handle PhotoShop.

System requirements | Photoshop

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/39550-windows-8-1-freeze-then-black-screen-please-help.html
Relevancy 62.35%

My dad just fixed my computer after the screen was constantly stuttering play games stutters freeze screen and My I when even when not playing games My computer got repaired and the technician told me not to update the bios or the display driver and he said that it was safe My screen stutters and freeze when I play games to reinstall steam I reinstalled steam and my games and now everytime I launch a game it freeze and goes back to desktop screen and I can t get back to my game My screen also freeze and goes unresponsive when I use the internet browser Also my technician said that the only way for the stuttering to go away is to reinstall the OS which my dad lost the cd for Is there a way to fix this without reinstalling my OS installing drivers bios Also Im typing this from safe mode of my computer OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor AMD Phenom tm II X T Processor AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Radeon HD Series Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC Crosshair IV Formula Antivirus Titanium Maximum Security Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-screen-stutters-and-freeze-when-i-play-games.1039439/
Relevancy 62.35%

Hello So I began having issues with my PC freezing up or giving me the BSOD while playing games Half of the time my picture will distort and freeze When this happens the whole computer is unresponsive then ends up requiring a reset The other half I will receive the BSOD When this began I used HWMonitor to try and narrow down the issue and notice my CPU temp would spike up to c during heavy load Screen Freeze games. Sometimes BSOD while playing So I cleaned my case out put new thermal paste on and brought a new heatsink This got my temp down a lot to about c during gaming and c while idle Although I made this change I still had random freezes and BSOD I also ran Memtest to make BSOD Sometimes Screen Freeze while playing games. sure my memory was ok and everything came back clear Last but not least I upgraded the firmware on my SSD Unfortunately I'm still not having any luck I don't have an extra GPU or PSU to narrow it down anymore but would hoping maybe you guys might see something that BSOD Sometimes Screen Freeze while playing games. could be at fault before I buy any replacement parts So far that where I'm currently at Thanks guys BSOD Sometimes Screen Freeze while playing games. OS - Windows Home Premium x Original OS Not OEM Verison Hardware is about years old GPU is year old Current OS is approximately years old Have you re-installed the OS Not yet Intel i k ghz Sapphire Radeon HD ASRock Z Extreme Gen Power Supply - XFX TS Watt Desktop PC

A:BSOD Sometimes Screen Freeze while playing games.

Please update the following driver:

Code:
3: kd> lmvm xusb21
start end module name
fffff880`06655000 fffff880`06665d80 xusb21 T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: xusb21.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\xusb21.sys
Image name: xusb21.sys
Timestamp: Wed Apr 08 15:28:44 2009 (49DCB49C)
CheckSum: 000135AC
ImageSize: 00010D80
Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
The driver belongs to Xbox USB Wireless Controller, it is known to cause BSOD issues.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-sometimes-screen-freeze-while-playing-games-1021586.html
Relevancy 62.35%

This is getting really frustrating... I can be sim racing or whatnot and the game freezes on the screen yet keeps playing in the background. The game continues to work but the screen is stuck.

My video card then resets itself (changes resolution, refresh rate, or colour quality). GPU temp is 78C, card is a Radeon 9800XT.

Why does it keep doing this?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/images-freeze-on-screen-games-keep-playing.648777/
Relevancy 61.92%

Hello Recently i been having alot of these Random multiple Bsod which says IRQL NOT EQUAL OR LESS PAGE FAULTY IN NON PAGE AREA AND APC INDEX MISMATCH during copying downloading files and even playing games and internet explorer crashes alot too saying smthing about compatibility and im really frustrated Also i got Bsod while running system index rating on my newly fresh installed win Bsod,screen freeze,internet crash Please explorer Multiple Help! plus the fan isnt loud just a sudden bsod which im assuming not overheated issue Ive tried to reboot and run in safe mode to recover which is system restore but i still get bsod IRQL NOT EQUAL OR LESS so i run last known configuration and just open browsers Guess what after - mint Multiple Bsod,screen freeze,internet explorer crash Please Help! i got another Bsod Before this the fan was usually loud on window startup and running programs but it was solved after i change the ram position i think because it isnt loud anymore I let windows run on with nothing program running and it still Bsod itself after - mint I really dont know what should do next because ive tried everything i could based on other forum that i read may help and it still BSOD Ive tried to update my drivers like network graphic card chipset realtek sound and even bluetooth I was using Avast anti-virus before this in my previous win ultimate bit and which also Bsod the other forum suggest to clean format and reinstall windows without avast which is what im doing now but still with fresh installed win ultimate bit along with few important driver such as chipset realtek sound network i am still having Bsod with same dump Owh and sometimes while internet browsing my screen is freezed cant move or click anything but only my cursor weird isnt it It wasnt like this before i last format my laptop few months ago Im using a notebook Acer aspire about yr old GB the other GB ram is from a friend and it serve me well for about yr now geforce m AMD tutorion Ive tried with swapping the ram also using only ram to boot but still same issue came up PLUS i cant run memtest my lappy keep shutting down while running it for about - min the fan turned so loud nonstop is this normal to other notebook while running memtest Ive tried to run chkdsk with no errors currently have no anti virus just windows firewall A friend said my lappy might need a new thermal compound so i bought yesterday but hvent apply it yet Im tired and almost give up trying everthing to be honest im not a person who knows about these stuff What i know is when i install new window i use drivers from acer europe itself and it works just fine previously But now i cant play any games or even surfing internet all i want to do is save my lappy instead of buying new ones I hope i can find solution here please help any suggestion will be great and tyvm in advance sry for my bad english if there is

A:Multiple Bsod,screen freeze,internet explorer crash Please Help!

Please follow the blue screen posting instructions to provide the full reports for analysis.http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ta-452654.html
Provide the following information about your hardware so we can check compatibility:Download and install CPU-Z and Upload screenshots of the CPU, Mainboard, Memory, and SPD tabs. In the SPD tab, upload an image of each slot. To upload all screenshots, it would be best to:generate the images using the Snipping Tool,
go to where the images are saved,
right click in a blank area within the folder where the images are saved,
create a new folder,
name the folder CPUZ,
select all the images,
place the pointer over an image,
press and hold down the left mouse button and drag the image (all images should move with it),
drop the images into the CPUZ directory you created,
create a compressed (zipped) folder of CPUZ
upload the .zip file to the forums.
-----

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/multiple-bsod-screen-freeze-internet-explorer-crash-please-help-692617.html
Relevancy 61.92%

My Windows XP Pro PC Asus p Series motherboard Pentium processor GB Ram mb MSI Graphics Card Matrox RTX Video card keeps getting scattered glitches across the screen and then very soon after the system locks up freezes and then sometimes completely crashes The computer was self built about years ago mainly by a friend and its main purpose was to video edit but hasnt been right from the start I had used it and my crash scattered system lock across screen, up/freeze glitches ok and edited a few things but stopped using it for some time when it started to crash quite often I tried using it agian recently but now I get this happening within the first min of using it One thing i always thought was that it scattered glitches across my screen, system lock up/freeze and crash got to hot the software temperature gauge often showed it approaching red all the time but this was confusing because I have fans on the case scattered glitches across my screen, system lock up/freeze and crash one in a flap out the top of the case plus I mounted a fan in a spare AGP slot near the graphics card I wondered if the CPU was still over heating and causing this in that case I wouldn t have a clue what to do or if the graphics card was faulty in which case would I need a new one I wouldn t want to spend a lot in case this wasn t the problem Thanks scattered glitches across my screen, system lock up/freeze and crash in advance for any help you can give nbsp

Relevancy 61.92%

Just like the title says my rig will be running fine and then just stop on whatever report. randomly, Screen Must boot. crash freeze hard No frame was Screen freeze randomly, No crash report. Must hard boot. last pushed to the monitor No BSOD file is created and the only way to get back is to hard boot the system Also the last roughly quarter of a second of sound will loop quickly almost creating a buzz I'm not sure if this is the right section to post this please redirect me if it is I'm running out of options here but this is a list of things i've done already -Reseat memory -Memtest -Replace memory -Completely reinstall windows -run CHKDSK few errors found -Reinstall windows on a different hard drive -remove sound card -remove video card -test for overheating none found -turn down overclock None have had any effect Since Screen freeze randomly, No crash report. Must hard boot. it's not actually shutting down the computer i Screen freeze randomly, No crash report. Must hard boot. can't think of a way to record any type of crash log This has occurred when playing games watching video online editing video installing programs and also when the computer is on a screensaver However it went through an entire night running prime at a Ghz overclock with excellent temperatures C Right now my rig is sitting without a video card or sound card still having the same crash Any suggestions for tests or diagnostics welcome

A:Screen freeze randomly, No crash report. Must hard boot.

Hello and welcome Laureon try these in this order in safe mode if you have to but prefreably while the thing is going and delete any rubbish the scanners pick up

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/1538-sfc-scannow-command-system-file-checker.html

http://www.superantispyware.com/

http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/adwcleaner/

(download from bleeping computer)

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/309581-screen-freeze-randomly-no-crash-report-must-hard-boot.html
Relevancy 61.49%

I've tried updating the drivers, making sure nothing was overclocked, ram memtest and furmark. memtest found no errors, same with chkdsk and it didn't crash in furmark
my average temp of gpu is 31 degrees Celsius.

It plays sound for a few seconds afterward but then becomes unresponsive to the power button and keyboard so I have to turn the psu off.

Help would be greatly appreciated

and for some reason it keeps posting this in general discussion not bsod support

A:Black screen when watching videos full screen and exiting games

How old is your PSU? what brand is the PSU? the video card is Radeon? Have you tried to put the video card into a different PCIe slot? have you tried to do a "clean boot", with only MS programmes starting, as in diagnostic startup?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/345372-black-screen-when-watching-videos-full-screen-exiting-games.html
Relevancy 61.49%

I own a Gateway NV52, and the issue with locking up began after I upgraded to Win7. After reloading the factory default of Vista on this, the laptop keeps randomly locking up and then going to a blank black screen.

I've gone to other threads and tried running MemTest and Vista's Memory Diagnostic and they both came up with nothing. I've also seen that other posters have attached dump files and other generated information from the computer to help solve their issues, but I don't know where to find these files to even get started. Can anyone help? What other information do I need to give to get started on the right track?

A:Random Black Screen Freeze, not after login

I would first do a system file check.

System Files - SFC Command
Tutorial thanks to Brink

Then you can view any error messages and see what they mean from this Microsoft site.

How to analyze the log file entries that the Microsoft Windows Resource Checker &#40;SFC.exe&#41; program generates in Windows Vista

If errors are found run the test again as it sometimes takes about 3 passes to get it all fixed. Sometimes even that fails to repair it but post back with results and we will take it from there.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/284005-random-black-screen-freeze-not-after-login.html
Relevancy 61.49%

lately my computer just been freezing with a black screen and having issues with BSOD

A:BSOD and sometimes black screen freeze by just using computer

Hello anonymousmurder, Welcome to SF

First off if your OCing in anyway stop, return everything to stock settings for the purposes of testing

If you havent already, fill in your system specs so we know what we are dealing with
System Info - See Your System Specs

Run some scans to check against virus or infection
Anti-rootkit utility TDSSKiller
Windows Defender Offline

Run some basic hardware tests
RAM - Test with Memtest86+
Disk Check (windows based check)
Hard Drive Diagnostic Procedure (bootable disk check)

OK thats the general stuff now down to specifics
1st dump reports BugCode 0x1 BSOD Index and doesnt give us a great deal to go on as its quite unusual and blames the driver AgileVpn.sys which is a driver from windows update so cannot really cause a BSOD

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *
BugCheck 1, {73732e09, 0, 1, fffff8800ebe2ca0}
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KiSystemServiceExit+245 )
---------
4: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *
APC_INDEX_MISMATCH (1)
This is a kernel internal error. The most common reason to see this
bugcheck is when a filesystem or a driver has a mismatched number of
calls to disable and re-enable APCs. The key data item is the
Thread->CombinedApcDisable field. This consists of two separate 16-bit
fields, the SpecialApcDisable and the KernelApcDisable. A negative value
of either indicates that a driver has disabled special or normal APCs
(respectively) without re-enabling them; a positive value indicates that
a driver has enabled special or normal APCs (respectively) too many times.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000073732e09, Address of system call function or worker routine
Arg2: 0000000000000000, Thread->ApcStateIndex
Arg3: 0000000000000001, (Thread->SpecialApcDisable << 16) | Thread->KernelApcDisable
Arg4: fffff8800ebe2ca0, Call type (0 - system call, 1 - worker routine)
Debugging Details:
------------------

FAULTING_IP:
+0
00000000`73732e09 c3 ret
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN7_DRIVER_FAULT
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x1
PROCESS_NAME: ccsvchst.exe
LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from fffff800030da569 to fffff800030dafc0
STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`0ebe2a68 fffff800`030da569 : 00000000`00000001 00000000`73732e09 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000001 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`0ebe2a70 fffff800`030da4a0 : 00000000`00000000 fffff880`0ebe2ca0 00000000`00000000 fffff800`033c0be3 : nt!KiBugCheckDispatch+0x69
fffff880`0ebe2bb0 00000000`73732e09 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiSystemServiceExit+0x245
00000000`0325f068 00000000`00000000 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : 0x73732e09

STACK_COMMAND: kb
FOLLOWUP_IP:
nt!KiSystemServiceExit+245
fffff800`030da4a0 4883ec50 sub rsp,50h
SYMBOL_STACK_INDEX: 2
SYMBOL_NAME: nt!KiSystemServiceExit+245
FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner
MODULE_NAME: nt
IMAGE_NAME: ntkrnlmp.exe
DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 503f82be
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x1_SysCallNum_4_nt!KiSystemServiceExit+245
BUCKET_ID: X64_0x1_SysCallNum_4_nt!KiSystemServiceExit+245
---------
2nd dump BugCheck 0x3B... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/271637-bsod-sometimes-black-screen-freeze-just-using-computer.html
Relevancy 61.49%

well it happens often (specially when i scroll... and strangely even more often in iTunes) that the pc freezes for a moment (though i can move the mouse pointer) after a few seconds the screen goes black and then everything works again...

i went to the eventviewer
no event

i went thousands of times with several spyware/adware programs through the entire computer
...well lots of spyware every time, but still nothing about my problem....

tried Norton
nothing

has anyone got an idea?

A:short freeze->black screen->normal again

Sounds like your monitor or your grafic caed is playing up.

I would delete monitor driver and reboot.If that doesnt help reinstal gafics card driver.

Edit- try a different monitor.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/short-freeze-black-screen-normal-again-66117.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Sometimes when i boot i get a black screen with blinking cursor in the corner, or it freezes or its just really slow; this fluxuates every other week.

I recently removed a virus but it also occured prior to getting the virus.

Also, i replaced my ram sticks recently and powersupply last chirstmas if thats relavent.

Any ideas are appreciated, thank you.

Intel core 2 duo cpu
E4500 @2.2Ghz
4gb ddr2 ram
Radeon HD 5550, 1 gb ddr
Antec 500 wtt pwsupply
295 Gb HDD

A:Slow startup/ freeze/black screen

Hi Monk77,

Quote:

Also, i replaced my ram sticks recently and powersupply last chirstmas if thats relavent.

Was this just an upgrade that you wanted to do, or were you having these issues before as well?

You should also run a test on your RAM sticks with memtest86+ There are two ways to run the test, either from a CD or USB. You will need to burn the ISO to a CD and then boot to the CD and run at least 7 passes on each stick and in each slot (only the ones that are being used). There is an auto-installer for doing it via USB (again, you will have to change the boot order to boot to the USB if you choose this method)

Both downloads can be found halfway down the page. The reason that you should run it on one stick at a time, is so, if there is a fault with one of the sticks, then it's easy to figure out which one it is.

What programs do you have running at boot? What anti-virus are you running as well.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/slow-startup-freeze-black-screen-573015.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Recently I have been getting issues with BF3 and WoW since I installed the new NVIDIA graphics drivers. I've gotten BSODs as well as my PC randomly acting up. It works perfectly fine when I play games on a single monitor.

Sometimes all three screens just go into powersaving mode or something, but I can still hear Skype and music in the background but I dont see anything. A hard reset is required at this point.

A:NVIDIA Surround BF3 & WoW PC Freeze/Black Screen

If you're card/s are factory overclocked set them to reference clock speeds with MSI Afterburner & perform a clean install of the latest drivers (stay away from the beta drivers)

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/254805-nvidia-surround-bf3-wow-pc-freeze-black-screen.html
Relevancy 61.49%

My XPS 15 9550 - quad core i5 freezes randomly - the screen will turn black (or grey), but not the windows BSOD. I have to hold the power button to force shutdown and reboot the laptop when this happens.
Tried updating all drivers, not helpful, clean installed windows 10, didn't help.
This could happen anytime, even at the time I'm not touch my laptop, or running anything.

Seems to be driver related or hardware.. anyone have some issues? 

A:XPS 15 9550 Freeze randomly - Black screen

I had the exact same issue yesterday, was on the phone with Dell support for 2 hours and they couldn't figure out why, the final decision was they were going to replace the motherboard as they thought it was more likely a hardware issue than a software one.
Question, did you use the new TB15 dock with your 9550 as I'm trying to figure out if the failure is related to using the dock to provide power. 

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19674929
Relevancy 61.49%

So here is the thing i bought new computer before maybe - months and since the very beggining i had this wierd problem everything work normally but then screen goes black or any other color and computer freeze and i have to reset it It was rare at the beggining but now it is really a problem i searched every single topic on google but screen black hard freeze! and Random couldnt find anything that works for me here is a screen and how it looks like when it freezes imgur the simple image sharer it can be gray or green or any other color and after that i must reset it Here is my specification if anyone is willing to help me Mothearboard MB MSI H M-P B Intel H x DDR PClex LAN CPU CPU INTEL Core i GHZ Graphic card VGA SAPPHIRE ATI HD GB DDR Power ATX PowerLine W retail PCleX mmF Once again please guys if anyone can help me i would apreciate it im really desperate im googline for - months and i cant find solution i tried every single thing reinstal windows reinstaled drivers control center cleaning registry tested ram tested power supply everything is ok but i still have this wierd problem Even i upgraded power supply but it still occurs and it happens really randomly most of the time when i play games Also sorry for bad english D

A:Random black screen and hard freeze!

Hi and welcome to TSF,

1. Please try another monitor if possible to eliminate your monitor from the equation.

2. I believe that board has built in graphics, please try and connect to the other vga port on the I/O board on back of pc. You may need to go into bios to enable the internal IGP(graphics built in adapter) beforehand.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/random-black-screen-and-hard-freeze-671940.html
Relevancy 61.49%

I booted up my computer days ago and logged in under my user name and there were no desktop icons or taskbar so I restarted my computer and tried every user Black Screen SAFE Freeze MODE XP still nothing I went to msconfig to restore it to a earlier point and when it restarted I went to my user name and still nothing so I went to msconfig again and booted it up in safe mode when it restarted right before the user names screen came up a black screen with quot SAFE MODE quot in all four corners pops up for about or seconds then the XP Black SAFE MODE Screen Freeze user name screen XP Black SAFE MODE Screen Freeze comes up with the ADMIN and the rest of the user names it doesn t matter what name I log in as it always goes to the same black Safe Mode screen as before but it will freeze there forever So I had to manually shut it down When it restarted I hit F to get it out of safe mode and chose restart computer normally then when it restarts the same exact thing thing happens I ve tried every option at the F selection screen So I put in a cd with Mepis Linux on it that my cousin gave me but I didn t install it I have been running it off the disk And I have no clue what to do next My Specs are AMD Athlon ghz Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack MB DDR GB Hard Drive ATI Radeon -Does anybody know how to do a system restore in Mepis Linux without reformatting the whole computer nbsp

Relevancy 61.49%

yesterday when my l d did not work black screen vertical line freeze for the first time i posted in the l d forums Vertical line freeze whole system crashes - Steam Users' Forums but the problem is different now It used to be that whenever i played the game for - minutes it froze and i would do a hard reset Then i updated my drivers to Today's released catalyst it still wouldnt work so i forgot about teh game and i was watching freeze! screen/vertical line Black a youtube video but it seems that the problem has branched out of the game and into the os In the middle of the youtube video the freeze happens I restarted Black screen/vertical line freeze! and opened firefox but i forgot about my youtube tab so it froze again but this time it froze immediately when the page loaded now i Black screen/vertical line freeze! downgraded back to drivers and installed directx i tried dusting out the fan and doing many other things as stated in the other l d thread but it doesnt work help i'm out of warranty i have an HP laptop dv - ca with ATI Mobility Radeon HD Black screen/vertical line freeze! i read on the amd site that someone with the same problem updated his network drivers because it conflicted with his audio drivers and then it worked for him FOr me my network drivers are already updated and the thing is this problem happened randomly Before i had this freezing problem i did a presentation of an ISU and i put my laptop beside a projector which emiitted great heat when i was done the laptop was very hot screen fan hole area could this be the cause that ruined my whole computer should i try a restore point to am when i presented it was pm from the until now ive tried various fixes which made things worse

A:Black screen/vertical line freeze!

Well, yes, heat kills hardware. However, if that projector had been so hot, your laptop would have at least restarted, if not turned off, in order to save itself from potential damage from the heat.
There are some programs for monitoring your laptop temperatures, you can use them to check if the problem occurs because of overheating (SpeedFan and Core Temp).

If the problem has something to do with your drivers and the restore point is before you have updated for example your Display Driver, then you could first try running in safe mode and see if the problem still occurs. If no, restore your system, it won't delete any files, it will only return your registry and drivers to earlier state.

That you are out of warranty shouldn't stop you from taking your laptop for diagnostics. You will have to have money of course, but at least they will fix the problem ; )

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/140576-black-screen-vertical-line-freeze.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hello nbsp Recently i bought a Aspire nbsp V - G- YJ Windows bits with the latest bios and drivers nbsp Almost every time that the screen goes down because of inactivity when i try to wake up the laptop the keyboard leds turn on but the screen keeps black and seems like the pc freeze I have to screen black freeze V3-575G-72YJ force the shut nbsp down reboot using the turn on off nbsp V3-575G-72YJ black screen freeze button key on keyboard Also sometimes when i shut down the V3-575G-72YJ black screen freeze laptop using the option on windows the laptop also freeze and i need to force shut down with the button key on keyboard nbsp I did some research and i found nbsp that probably the problem is with the Intel's Management Engine driver it's on version I read that this version cause some problems of this kind I tried to do a downgrade to a older V3-575G-72YJ black screen freeze version or but i can't I guess that the bios or something like that is blocking it nbsp Can someone help me with nbsp this problem nbsp Thank you

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/V3-575G-72YJ-black-screen-freeze/td-p/426499/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 61.49%

Was in the middle of writing an email when my screen froze for a minute or so, then computer shut down. When restarting I get option to repair or start windows normally. If I start normally I just get black screen for a while then computer shuts down again.
Tried the repair option several times but still the same outcome.
I am able to boot into safe mode. I have run chkdsk /r and if found no problems. I have tried setting back to the last two restore points and no luck.
Samsung NP700Z5B laptop Windows 7 Home Premium.

A:Freeze - Black Screen - Can't Start Windows

could be a RAM defect. Try memtest86+, burn it on cd and boot from it for an overnight test

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/550705/freeze-black-screen-cant-start-windows/
Relevancy 61.49%

I run windows xp. I have 4 accounts set up: two admin and one each for my wife and grandson (These are not admin accounts) when my wife or grandson logs off, the computer often will switch to a black screen and it freezes. F drive is my main drive. Need help. Thanks I have tried deleting the non-admin accounts and re-establishing them to no avail. This is a repeat post.

Looking for help.

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows XP Professional, Service Pack 3, 32 bit
Processor: Intel Pentium III Xeon processor, x86 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 6
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3326 Mb
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 6670, -2048 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 305234 MB, Free - 147823 MB; F: Total - 953859 MB, Free - 805067 MB; G: Total - 476929 MB, Free - 83979 MB;
Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer INC., P5N-D
Antivirus: Symantec AntiVirus Corporate Edition, Updated: Yes, On-Demand Scanner: Enabled

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-professional-logoff-freeze-and-black-screen.1109529/
Relevancy 61.49%

Ok this started a few weeks ago while playing SWTOR all of a sudden out of no where my screen flashes black and quot windows blue quot and back black or times then just freezes no mouse no keyboard nothing my Black no error proof or any screen, freeze, computer is right at a year old I have an FX- and during these times its running at about - C max is C and at most around on or more cores there is nothing I can come up with why this is happening no reports no error codes everything seems to be running as good as day one I regularly clean the computer of dust atleast every other month When this happens I Black screen, freeze, no error or any proof am forced to do a hard shutdown start up until today has been very usual but today after it got to login screen it automatically bypassed my PW and logged me in and then crashed Confused and Scared its the MB or VC GTX Ti cant remember how to find out MB info Black screen, freeze, no error or any proof but ill get back to it asap

A:Black screen, freeze, no error or any proof

not to mention when it freezes to the black screen its got like little white lines randomly throughout the monitor.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/336492-black-screen-freeze-no-error-any-proof.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hello nbsp Recently i bought a Aspire nbsp V - G- YJ Windows bits with the latest bios and drivers nbsp Almost every time that the screen goes down because of inactivity when i try to wake up the laptop the keyboard leds turn on but the screen keeps black and seems like the pc freeze I have V3-575G-72YJ screen freeze black to force the shut nbsp down reboot using the turn on off nbsp button key on keyboard Also sometimes when i shut down the V3-575G-72YJ black screen freeze laptop using the option on windows the V3-575G-72YJ black screen freeze laptop also freeze and i need to force shut down with the button key on keyboard nbsp I did some research and i found nbsp that probably the problem is with the Intel's Management Engine driver it's on version I read that this version cause some problems of this kind I tried to do a downgrade to a older version or but i can't I guess that the bios or something like that is blocking it nbsp Can someone help me with nbsp this problem nbsp Thank you

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/V3-575G-72YJ-black-screen-freeze/m-p/426499
Relevancy 61.49%

I recently got a Zotac GTX sp AMP don t know what that means but dealer told me it is pre-overclocked It runs all the latest games fine Fallout Far Cry and the like but oddly enough it just kills my Warcraft TFT Here s the problem I 3 screen / Warcraft Artifact Black freeze d be playing it halfway and the screen will Warcraft 3 Artifact / Black screen freeze go black and after a long time about a minute or so it will return to the game fine This repeats Warcraft 3 Artifact / Black screen freeze itself every few minutes At this point if I alt-tab the same long black screen will occur again I was previously using an Ati card and thought there might be driver conflicts So I uninstalled the nVidia drivers got Driver Cleaner Pro and cleaned all Ati and nvidia drivers in safe mode I reinstalled the nVidia driver again and rebooted and went back to playing The same problem occured except that this time the graphics become all messed up upon returning from the long black screen See image Upon exit game desktop appears fine and works normally no artifacts GPU temperatures appear to be normal on idle on load I looked it up on the net and someone suggested a directx test dxdiag gt test directdraw and direct d In directdraw there are tests non-full screen and full screen test The non full screen tests run fine When it reached the rd test full screen test the same long black screen thing happened again but ultimately it passed Next was Direct d and the very first test is already a full screen one At this point it didn t continue I had to press the reset button because nothing was responding anymore It seems there are no absolute solution to this and therefore I am posting in hopes of getting some help from you all I also got a nv disp BSOD before I reinstalled the drivers but upon Driver Cleaner reinstall it didn t happen anymore Here are my specs Windows XP SP Gigabyte P -DS motherboard Intel C D E Ghz Kingston GB DDR RAM PC I think x GB Western Digital HDDs Zotac Geforce GTX sp AMP Samsung Syncmaster BW wide screen LCD monitor running x and Hz Feel free to ask for any additional info as required Do note that other newer more graphically demanding games run fine even after many hours of playing and alt-tabbing Fallout Far Cry Need for Speed Undercover I updated to the Nov DirectX c and it seemed to work yesterday but I just got my first long freeze in a game earlier Also upon update the dxdiag tests ran fine Thanks in advance nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/warcraft-3-artifact-black-screen-freeze.776705/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hello I know this isnt technically a BSOD but its still a crash my laptop crashes each time I play games The crash Black Crash, sometimes and purple Screen screen green happens in different forms sometimes the screen goes weird and then two bands appear one purple one on Crash, Black Screen sometimes purple and green screen top and a whiteish one on bottom the whiteish band slowly turns green until it completly turns green The other variants are black screens but in one form it beeps times after the crash in the other it doesnt I tested to see if the laptop would crash with war thunder I got through the entire menu and to flight test my plane was in the landing strip for about seconds as soon as I pressed the quot w quot key the crash happened it was the purple with green one I would also like to say that yesterday there were no crashes whatsoever they just started today I have a cooler under my laptop at all times Oh and also I took the battery out and pressed the power button then I played an entire match of insurgency without a crash but then I connected my head set and cooler to the USB ports and it crashed shortly after dont know if coincidence or something to do with the power Please help any help would be appreciated

A:Crash, Black Screen sometimes purple and green screen

Update to the problem, now each time I want to turn it on it beeps 8 times, its starts off with high pitched beeps and then beeps 8 times with low pitched beeps

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/crash-black-screen-sometimes-purple-and-green-screen-855897.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi, i've been getting occasional screen freezes and more recently BSOD, mostly when playing games.

I would appreciate any help or advice you can offer from the files i have attached as i'm not able to read any of the crash dump files.

Thanks!

A:BSOD and occasional screen freeze (especially when playing games)

Hello,

MSINFO:

Code:
Start Menu\Programs\Advanced SystemCare 5 Public:Start Menu\Programs\Advanced SystemCare 5 Public
Please unisntall Advanced System Care, this programs is known to cause problems as it modifies the registry.

DUMP Analysis:

Code:
MaxSpeed: 3400
CurrentSpeed: 3502
I suggest that you set everything to default as O/C is very risky, and could be the potential cause of the BSOD.

All the dump files are blaming hardware. Please do the following:

Quote:
BugCheck 0x124

Warning
Before you proceed with the following, answer these two questions: Are you still under warranty? Does your warranty allow you to open up the machine to check hardware? If you are unsure of the answers to these questions, contact your system manufacturer. WARNING: The steps that follow can void your warranty!!!

For your hardware stop 0x124 crash, read through Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try and use the following hardware checks to supplement that link.
If you are overclocking any hardware, please stop.

If you have an SSD, make sure the following are up to date:SSD firmware
BIOS Version
Chipset Drivers
Hard disk controller drivers/SATA drivers
If you have a Marvell IDE ATA/ATAPI device, make sure the drivers are up to date from the Intel site or Marvell site and not from your motherboard/vendor support site.

Run all but the advanced tests with SeaTools for HDDs.SeaTools for Windows

SeaTools for DOS
Monitor temperatures during the following tests. Use the following programs to monitor the temperatures. Real Temp is a good CPU temperature monitor.
Speccy - System Information - Free Download will monitor all hardware temperatures.
HWiNFO, HWiNFO32 & HWiNFO64 - Hardware Information and Analysis Tools can be inaccurate for CPU temperatures, but is a good program for GPU temperature monitoring.
Use FurMark: VGA Stress Test, Graphics Card and GPU Stability Test, Burn-in Test, OpenGL Benchmark and GPU Temperature | oZone3D.Net to test the graphics card GPU. Let it run until the GPU temperatures even out or until the GPU temperatures reach a dangerous level (you can find the max temperature for your card on either the nVidia or AMD sites; if you are not sure, ask us). The goal is to get a steady temperature, find out if the GPU is overheating, or to see if there are any artifacts present in the test itself: look for strange pixelated patterns on the screen or colors that do not look like they belong. Then use the |MG| Video Memory Stress Test 1.7.116 Download to test your graphics card memory. Let the memory test run for at least seven passes; the more the better.

Run Hardware - Stress Test With Prime95 to determine any hardware problems. Run all three tests for a few hours each. If you get errors, stop the test and post back here.

Follow the steps for doing CPU stress test using IntelBurnTest

Run the boot version of Memtest86+ paying close attention to Parts 2 and 3 of the tutorial. Also, in case Memtest86+ misses anything and comes up with no errors, run the extended version of the Windows Memory Diagnostics Tool for at least five passes. These you may want to run overnight since they take a long time to complete (run them an hour before bed each of the next two nights and check before going to sleep that they are still running).

For Part 3: If You Have Errors: If you swap any memory components, follow these steps for ESD safety:Shut down and turn off your computer.
Unplug all power supplies to the computer (AC Power then battery for laptops, AC power for desktops)
Hold down the power button for 30 seconds to close the circuit and ensure all power drains from components.
Make sure you are grounded by using proper grounding techniques, i.e. work on an anti-static workbench, anti-static desk, or an anti-static pad. Hold something metallic while touching it to the anti-static surface, or use an anti-static wristband to attach to the anti-static material while worki... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/244100-bsod-occasional-screen-freeze-especially-when-playing-games.html
Relevancy 61.49%

so when I bought my computer in the start i had a few troubles in playing league of legends like screen freeze for 15 secs during game but they went away somehow.........Now after 8 moths theyre back again and i dont know what to do...i play a game with atleast 8-10 screen freezes each for a same 15 sec wherein screen gets stuck and mouse is moving but on pressing CTRL+ALT+DEL even mouse gets stuck for the duration
my ram looked fine when i reinserted it today but still i couldnt get rid of that freeze after which a message comes "display driver stopped responding and has successfully recovered"...it go upto 45-46 degree temperature only i checked while gaming pls suggest a method or i attempt to replace gpu under warranty if its ITS fault

A:Screen Freeze while playing League of legends and other games

Use speccy to gain insight to your temperatures to make sure your pc is not running to hot.

Speccy - Advanced System Information Tool

Do you have updated drivers for your graphics card?

AMD Driver Autodetect

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/329150-screen-freeze-while-playing-league-legends-other-games.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi Can someone help I have been experiencing ongoing probs and more frequently despite running various virus scans even switching out virus security from Avast to Avg And I've taken it to a shop to have them run their anti-virals and to monitor it some things were removed but it persists I'm running XP I know it's dated but until I can update it's what I have I used to run with too many Blue still virus screen happening freeze/crash...after URGENT!!! - scans - tabs open which I have stopped doing - because it doesn't last that long and now while I'm in the middle of basic URGENT!!! - Blue screen freeze/crash...after virus scans - still happening tasks it crashes I suspect a virus though the error codes shows a driver issue see screenshot of messages Error Signature BCCode d BCP C BCP BCP BCP B A OSVer SP URGENT!!! - Blue screen freeze/crash...after virus scans - still happening Product Error Report Contents C DOCUME Owner LOCALS TempWER d dir Mini - dmp C DOCUME Owner LOCALS TempWER d dir sysdata xml Can someone please assist in resolving this matter it's such a pain Many thanks in advance Raydumonde

A:URGENT!!! - Blue screen freeze/crash...after virus scans - still happening

Welcome aboard

It's not clear to me...
Is the computer bootable and in working condition?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/567924/urgent-blue-screen-freezecrashafter-virus-scans-still-happening/
Relevancy 61.06%

I have the hp m8100n with vista home pro. I absolutely hate both.

I don't know what the hell is going on but here's what's happening:

Crashes and blue screens with the 0x00000024, 0x0000008E and a myriad of others.

If I use any combination of windows media center and anything else, it goes nuts, freezes and that whole memory dump thing starts.

Often, It freezes and just does nothing.

Every time, I shut down and reboot. Sometimes it would act normal thereafter and finally, now, it seems like it tries to reboot but the CPU does a short beep followed by a long beep every 2 seconds.

I am ready to throw this thing out the window. It all seemed to have started when I downloaded the latest version of iTunes/Quicktime. I have unintalled, reinstalled, uninstalled again, did system recovery, did windows updates, updated drivers... I GIVE UP!!

Can someone PLEASE help me through this?

A:[SOLVED] Major Crash, Freeze, Blue Screen Issues With Hp &amp; Vista; Help!!!

Hi. . .

A bugcheck of 0x24 = NTFS file corruption - See if you can boot into SAFEMODE and run chkdsk /f from an elevated command prompt:
START | type cmd.exe into start search box | right-click on cmd.exe and select run as admin. Then type:

chkdsk /f

A bugcheck of 0x8e = a kernel mode application generated an exception. If the 1st parm inside the partenthesis is 0xc0000005 then it tells us a memory violation occurred. Run memtest86+ - click on the link below in my sig area. You will need to make an ISO and boot-up with the resulting DVD/CD.

I would run the memory dumps, but with the wide variety of bugchecks (STOP error codes) that you mentioned in addition to the beeping, this appears to be a hardware issue at this time and the dumps would probably not contain any helpful information.

Please look at the following from our Hardware Forum for information on the beeps.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f15/...es-146908.html

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/solved-major-crash-freeze-blue-screen-issues-with-hp-and-amp-vista-help-286011.html
Relevancy 61.06%

First of all as a newbie here I'd like to say hello to everybody on this forum and also apologize if this is posted in the wrong section since defacto my problem involves black screen and not a tipical blue screen Computer is custom built all new parts months old I became aware of this problem about months after My system specs i k - overclocked bios reset to factory settings later after problem became - screen Black - Freeze Restart Computer Random continuous annoyance Corsair H i GT Asus Sabertooth x mobo Gb DDR Corsair XMS MHz Random Computer Freeze - Black screen - Restart Evga GeForce GTX SC Corsair -CS M w PSU So this problem has been bugging me for some months now Basically what would happen is computer would freeze if there was sound playing atm sound would freeze in a quot bzzzzz quot fashion continuously looping seconds later screen would turn black and the computer would restart I have disabled later quot restart on failure quot feature hoping I would get some information on screen when it happens but sadly now it just stays on black screen without resetting This happens completely random and so it happens that it is always during some not intensive computing idle web browsing youtube playing sometimes when working in d modeling program - ds Max On the other side it never happened when computer was doing some intensive d rendering or gaming - coincidence or not I don't know yet Biggest problem now is that I'm still unable to recreate the event I've tried forcing both CPU and Random Computer Freeze - Black screen - Restart GPU with tests for hours amp hours and everything would be successful and then next day or in a week I would start the computer like today opened chrome and out of nowhere it would freeze w black screen Btw I've used Prime Intel Burn test on very high Cinebench FurMark and Heaven Benchmark I have tested memory with Memtest for about h and it was ok zero errors I realize this is not nearly enough time to test so will repeat it again for h Initially I've associated it with power failure due to the loose main power cable on PSU but since I corrected that and continued to experience this problem then I started to suspect my OC settings So I switched BIOS back to default factory settings didn't take the battery out but it happened again I know for a fact this didn't happen before my first OC attempt and fiddling in BIOS although I started OC about a week after the computer was assembled but I want to see now if some hardware piece went haywire in the meantime or was faulty to begin with or something else As said mentioned event would happen completely random so far about - times in a week Event viewer gives me this log Critical - Source Kernel-Power - Event ID - Task Category EventData BugcheckCode BugcheckParameter xfffffa e BugcheckParameter xfffff BugcheckParameter x BugcheckParameter x SleepInProgress false PowerButtonTimestamp So far I have around of these events but I realize that they are mixed with standard instability crashes with blue screen which I had earlier while OC-ing So do you guys think this is likely a hardware fault Would it be likely PSU CS M is not so prized anyway or a motherboard or something else I do have another spare PSU it's a very cheap no-name unit but it has w and technically would be enough to drive the system PSU calculator estimates around w for my system Should I try it I'd really appreciate any help opinions Thanks in advance Sorry for the long read but I've tried to be as much descriptive as possible p s If there will be need I can post also my OC-ed BIOS settings although I don't think it matters now since it has been reset

A:Random Computer Freeze - Black screen - Restart

Update regarding memory testing. Just finished 10+ h of Memtest86 with 0 errors. Should I run it more ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/371411-random-computer-freeze-black-screen-restart.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Please help...

Windows XP SP3

I have often error on my laptop, suddenly my windows screen is black and freeze.

Details error:

source: system error
event id: 1003

description:
Error code 100000c5, parameter1 5776414a, parameter2 00000002, parameter3 00000001, parameter4 805515a1.

how to fix it?

A:Error Windows XP - suddenly black screen and freeze

"suddenly my windows screen is black and it freezes"...

What are you doing when the laptop freezes? Does the freezing show after some time? If so, the laptop may be overheating

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/error-windows-xp-suddenly-black-screen-and-freeze.174387/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi all,

I'm new to the site. Taking a look around, it seems you guys know everything , so here goes...

Over the last few months, I've noticed that about a fourth of the time, when I or one of my family members either logs off or fast-switches users, the screen goes black, and no combination of mouse-clicking or key-pressing will bring the screen back. We just have to restart the system, and then it's fine.

Typically, this happens when more than one of us is logged on, but not always. We upgraded to SP2 a very long time ago, and this issue was *supposed* to be fixed in the service pack. However, this problem seemed to start independently of any major update.

Edit: Luckily, this has never happened when any program was running with unsaved data, so we haven't lost anything by rebooting.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
celloblaze

A:[SOLVED] Black Screen/Freeze when switching users?

hello celloblaze,

mike here,

okay just to ask a few questions to get an idea !

what type of spyware /antivirus scanners are you useing ?

are you doing all your updates ( express/ custom )at windows updates ?

are you also updating your drivers ?

have you done a system file check ( windows installation cd required ?

also do you scan each user for spyware /viruses/ maleware ect...... ?

have you done a scandisk ?

what type of errors are you getting ?

are you shutting down all open programs befor switching ?

you see there are many factors that can contribute to one problem also if you could give more details about your computer this would help as in ( make / model / age / laptop /desktop /software a upgrade or full version, factory install or user install)

all we can do is try !!!!!!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-black-screen-freeze-when-switching-users-169696.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hello,

A few days ago I had this problem for the first time, my PC freezes (no buttons respond) and I get a black screen. If sound was playing at that moment, it skips continuously. The only thing I can do is powering off my pc and restart it again.

After restarting it says the pc didn't shut down cleanly and starts collecting meta-cache, I have the option to start Windows in safe or normal mode.

After that everything seems unchanged/normal until it freezes again (this is at random, it can be 20 minutes after / 1 hour after /...).

Prior to the first time I did not download/install anything (to my knowledge), nor did something happen to my pc (didn't let it drop, didn't spill anything on it, etc).

I followed the instructions on the "BSOD - Posting Instructions" to make this post.

Hopefully someone can help me with this.

Thank you.

Thomas D.M.

A:PC freeze, black screen and sound skipping at random

There are no dump files in your .zip folder. Can you please follow these instructions on how to configure dump files. Can you also disable automatic restart, just follow the tutorial and you will see a tick box saying "Automatically Restart" untick it.

Dump Files - Configure Windows to Create on BSOD

Can you then enable Driver Verifier by following these instructions as it will help determine if there are bad drivers installed.

Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/325910-pc-freeze-black-screen-sound-skipping-random.html
Relevancy 61.06%

I have a multi-boot set up with XP 64 as one of the OS's. I have been using it more often recently and it can suddenly give a black screen, keyboard doesn't work (tried to shutdown 'blind' using Ctrl+Alt+Del then Alt+S then Enter, no response). Also pressing Numlock doesn't affect the LED.
There is nothing relevant in Event Viewer.
The PC goes totally dead although the power is still on.

I have Vista 64 also and this works perfectly, so do Vista 32 and XP 32.

There is no pattern to the freezes, at least none I can see, they seem to occur at random times.

I know it's a tall order with such an intermittent fault but has anyone got any idea what I can do to troubleshoot this ?

(if it helps my system specs. are 'under' the PC icon above)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-64-sudden-random-black-screen-and-total-freeze.717462/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hello... hope someone can help me.

I previously had a problem and it turned out to be a driver, everything has been running fine since then... up until now.

Runnning windows 7 and getting BSOD, a plain blue screen or blackscreen then quickly freezes up with a blank screen.

To best of my knowledge all drivers are updated.

Computer is Hewlett-Packard h8-1114 2.00
3.10 gigahertz Intel Core i5-2400
256 kilobyte primary memory cache
1024 kilobyte secondary memory cache
6144 kilobyte tertiary memory cache
64-bit ready
Multi-core (4 total)
Not hyper-threaded
Seems to only happen when I have firefox open, I tried clearing cache....no luck. Tried starting with fresh window, still crashes.

I ran the DM log colector v1.2 and attached the file.

Thank you very much,

Scott

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/395301-getting-bsod-just-blue-screen-black-sceen-then-freeze.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hello. I have recently been getting BSODs while playing League of Legends, which hasn't been a problem in the past. I've included the .dmp compressed files. I'm very ignorant about this stuff. Help is appreciated.

A:BSOD or screen freeze while playing games that used to work fine.

Post it following the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/310042-bsod-screen-freeze-while-playing-games-used-work-fine.html
Relevancy 61.06%

System specs TL DR Below Hi first specific sound-loop during freeze Random games. and screen post here week ago my laptop started Random screen freeze and sound-loop during specific games. to freeze Random screen freeze and sound-loop during specific games. on some games osu and Hearthstone I can barely play - minutes before my screen freezes while having a buzzing Sound-loop I have to force restart to make my laptop work again This always scares me to death when it happens randomly Meanwhile I can play games like League of Legends for hours without any problems Since I stopped playing Hearthstone I'm just playing osu This is a game where you have to click circles while music runs in the background - yes you heard it right Nothing more Not even complex graphics FPS is also over The only thing I can do is to press the power button I Random screen freeze and sound-loop during specific games. did everything I could do but my problem seems so unique I tried to play the game in all resolutions Played it in Windowed Renderless Fullscreen mode I also tried all FPS caps from to unlimited I also cleaned all the dust in my laptop no change So I tried something new I wiped my laptop it was like the first day I bought and the first thing I did is installing the game osu I didn't install any AntiVirus browser or anything else No luck Same thing My laptop runs without any background programs on C - C About F - F and while playing I have C - C About F - F I guess that's really normal maybe even lower than average laptops I also uninstalled installed older grapic drivers I hope that's enough information Since this laptop is months old it would be really sad to buy a new one I hope anyone can help me Ask me if you need further informations TL DR System specs Sound-loop and screen freeze every - min on games like osu and Hearthstone League of Legends and Terraria are working perfect without any problems can't do anything except pressing the power button temperature is normal actually C without any programs C while playing games tried all solutions on google wiped laptop - same problem FPS is normal Never had any problems before I didn't install anything when this happened installed uninstalled older graphic drivers Ask for informations if you need I need your help Sorry if this post is in the wrong section gt gt And sorry if I have any grammar mistakes

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/68317-random-screen-freeze-sound-loop-during-specific-games.html