Windows Support Forum

BSOD on fresh install when install updates, misc error codes

Q: BSOD on fresh install when install updates, misc error codes

My system info is in my profile installing Windows x Ultimate Retail Attached is all of the report info I have no idea what is going on Whenever I try to install all of the Windows updates it blue screens Then it updates, error misc when install install BSOD fresh on codes will reboot try to apply the updates BSOD on fresh install when install updates, misc error codes and blue screen again I've run Linux Server on this machine just fine so I'm fairly certain it's not a hardware issue Also this build is brand new built it a few weeks ago Thanks for your time Things I've Tried - Reinstalling Windows x Ultimate - GPU CPU and RAM stress tests all showed no signs of error - Unplugging extraneous HD's - sfc exe scannow no errors EDIT The main error code seems to be x Just got a new one that is xFC SOLUTION EDIT I disabled core unlocking and everything is magically working I suspect I had a faulty core unlocked Still doesn't explain the stress tests passing but whatever

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: BSOD on fresh install when install updates, misc error codes

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: BSOD on fresh install when install updates, misc error codes

This one DMP was related to the following.

STOP 0x101: CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT troubleshtg

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/231458-bsod-fresh-install-when-install-updates-misc-error-codes.html
Relevancy 106.21%

OS - Windows x Original installed OS on system - Windows OEM Refurbished days Have you re-installed the OS Yes AMD Phenom II X T ATI Radeon HD I'm not sure about the motherboard it may be on the listing same with power supply Here is the exact computer I purchased although mine was refurbished from Best Buy online HP - HP Pavilion Elite HPE- f Desktop PC customer reviews - product reviews - read top consumer ratings I purchased it roughly weeks ago from Best Buy online and picked it up on the th of January The problems have been fairly persistent since the th They errors have fresh various Windows codes on BSOD install with [SOLVED] 7 ranged from things like PFN LIST CORRUPT SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION MEMORY MANAGEMENT IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL with various codes b e a a e files such as luafv sys nwifi sys mouclass sys chrome exe storport sys have been identified as culprits I ran sfc scannow and got Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations memtest showed no errors nor did Windows memory test or HP's provided memory diagnostic although I [SOLVED] Windows 7 BSOD with various codes on fresh install did receive some errors with the HP tool saying DIMM or might be the problem so I unseated everything made sure it was clean put stick in DIMM and tested it it passed Stick in DIMM passed All sticks passed individually but when I put them back in together I got another error saying DIMM or DIMM was the problem The test kept failing on a quot march test quot So once it said DIMM or then it said DIMM or So I unseated and checked them all one more time put them all in together and they passed Then they passed Windows memory test again and memtest I ran HP's provided Vision Diagnostics and no problems were found with the fan graphics card memory sound hard drive or any other components It got a full pass Initially when the machine began to crash it would not come back on correctly It would reboot during startup repeatedly wouldn't load safe mode I couldn't boot from the recovery CD or anything until I would unseat the graphics card and unplug the hard drive and [SOLVED] Windows 7 BSOD with various codes on fresh install plug it back in then turn the pc back on After unseating the ram and testing it and reseating it again this wasn't a problem the computer would come back on after crashes except a few times when strange characters appeared during startup and I couldn't even get into a boot menu or load any recovery at all I decided maybe I had really messed up my installation so I did a complete factory restore I changed NOTHING after the restore but instead installed a game to try and stress every component of the system The game ran fine Then eventually after a few hours a crash might happen once or twice and I'd see BSOD The errors seem sporadic At other times they would happen during browsing or even just trying to open a folder to get this report together I had to reboot about times and do a system restore to be able to send this report The mini dumps are included but only one is from my current configuration since I had to restore just to get back online However the configuration I have now after restore is nearly identical that the one before so the problem is probably the same I installed updated wifi and nic drivers from Realtek and RA Link and began to have boot issues preventing me from even restoring After booting into safe mood doing a restore that reported it didn't work but in fact did complete the restore to an earlier point here I am posting this I made a backup image of the system to restore from with all of my programs installed but when I attempted to restore it it only listed the backups from my Vista machine which were stored on the same external drive I was able to mount the VHD as a volume but that only let me retrieve files I still had to reinstall everything I wish there were an easier way to make a full image I could just reload onto the system Anyway the included perfmon report says everythin... Read more

A:[SOLVED] Windows 7 BSOD with various codes on fresh install

Hi -

One of the 2 dumps was corrupted. The remaining dump gave no clues.

See if Driver Verifier can be of help -

Driver Verifier -- http://sysnative.com/0x1/driver_verifier.htm

Windbg Logs
--> http://sysnative.com/...99-dbug_quantumjim_Windows7x64_02-14-2011_jcgriff2_.txt
--> http://sysnative.com/...99-dbug_quantumjim_Windows7x64_02-14-2011_jcgriff2_..zip

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

BSOD BUGCHECK SUMMARY

Code:

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Built by: 7600.16539.amd64fre.win7_gdr.100226-1909
Debug session time: Sun Feb 13 20:00:08.120 2011 (GMT-5)
System Uptime: 0 days 2:15:03.196
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KeAcquireInStackQueuedSpinLockAtDpcLevel+4f )
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT
BUGCHECK_STR: 0xA
PROCESS_NAME: chrome.exe
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0xA_nt!KeAcquireInStackQueuedSpinLockAtDpcLevel+4f
Bugcheck code 0000000A
Arguments 00000000`00000020 00000000`00000002 00000000`00000001 fffff800`02a8644f
SystemManufacturer = Hewlett-Packard
SystemProductName = HPE-410f
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/solved-windows-7-bsod-with-various-codes-on-fresh-install-550607.html
Relevancy 104.92%

I m having some BSOD issues I assembled this PC for a friend based on the Tom s Hardware Gaming PC from Q The only piece of hardware that was different was the optical drive System Builder Marathon Q Gaming PC Squeezing More Bang From The Same Buck Specs CPU Intel Pentium G Sandy Bridge Motherboard ASRock H Pro MVP LGA Intel H Express RAM G Skill Value Series GB x GB DDR - F - CL D- GBNT Graphics PowerColor AX GBD -DH Radeon HD GB Hard Drive Western Digital WD AAKX GB RPM SATA Gb s Hard Drive Power Supply Antec VP- W Optical Drive LITE-ON IHAS - After a few weeks she started getting a lot of BSODs so I took it back and did a fresh error codes install fresh BSODs with multiple on install of Win and updated all BSODs with multiple error codes on fresh install the drivers The machine BSODs with multiple error codes on fresh install continues to get a lot of BSODs with varying error codes and I've been unable to figure out exactly what I can do to cause them I got one while writing this post but they typically happen when it s idle or at low load At one point I had enabled driver verifier and could force the system to freeze-up with video corruption but couldn't get a BSOD with a minidump I've scanned through the forums and have tried many of the troubleshooting methods that are listed but I am happy to start at square-one to figure out the cause of this I've enclosed a zip file from the diag tool to get BSODs with multiple error codes on fresh install started I m sure there is something I overlooked and would appreciate any assistance

A:BSODs with multiple error codes on fresh install

Code:
BugCheck 4A, {73532e09, 2, 0, fffff880080f3c60}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KiSystemServiceExit+245 )

Code:
Usual causes: Device driver
This bugcheck indicates that a driver was returning from a system function call to user mode, when the IRQL level was higher than PASSIVE_LEVEL, as we can see from the parameters the current IRQL level was 2.

Code:
0: kd> lmvm atikmdag
start end module name
fffff880`05a6f000 fffff880`065e2000 atikmdag T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: atikmdag.sys
Image path: atikmdag.sys
Image name: atikmdag.sys
Timestamp: Fri Mar 29 02:27:04 2013 (5154FBF8)
CheckSum: 00B25604
ImageSize: 00B73000
Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
Update to the latest WHQL driver available here - Latest AMD Catalyst Video Driver for Windows 7

Quote:
WHQL
Release Date: April 24th 2013
Version: 13.4
In Device Manager: 12.104

Download Driver
Start Type: Device Manager
Expand Display Adapters
Right-Click Driver Name, Uninstall
Reboot
Run Driver Sweeper
Reboot
Install Downloaded Driver
Driver Sweeper will scan for any left over files from the old driver, old driver files can cause conflicts with new driver installations. Create a System Restore point beforehand, in case any problems or issues arise.

Driver Sweeper:Drivers - Clean Left over Files after Uninstalling

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/290761-bsods-multiple-error-codes-fresh-install.html
Relevancy 104.92%

I have been trying to get rid of these error for weeks now. Never did this this bad
before 95 failed updates all the time. I say all the time cause I've reinstalled and reinstalled
with different ISO's.

Same results. Here the new error on a new fresh install:
"WindowsUpdate_800706BA"

I do every thing that I search the readiness tool and more. I just can't get a solid update
install.

Please help.

A:Windows 7 32 bit fresh install error codes grrrr

More massive errors:
"WindowsUpdate_80070308" "WindowsUpdate_dt000"

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/374368-windows-7-32-bit-fresh-install-error-codes-grrrr.html
Relevancy 100.19%

I have an HP G - US laptop with W I am unable to download or install any Windows Updates The service freezes for a long time and results in Error Code I contacted HP Support twice and took the following actions without success I went to Control Panel System amp Security Admin Tools Services and clicked on BITS The description states quot Failed to Read Description Error Code quot I made sure that quot Start Up Type quot was on quot Automatic Delayed Start quot The service was stopped I clicked quot Start quot and got Error Code Updates Windows Error CAN'T - Codes Install Two quot The specified module could not be found quot I completed a System Restore and went back CAN'T Install Windows Updates - Two Error Codes as far as I could early October with no luck I have three other HP desktops with W All of my computers run substantially the same software which includes Spybot Malwarebytes and Avast antivirus My other computers get Windows Updates with no issues There are no other functionality problems that I can see with my laptop Can you help me

A:CAN'T Install Windows Updates - Two Error Codes

Are you referring to manual updates from Windows Update website, Automatic Updates, or both?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cant-install-windows-updates-two-error-codes-538166.html
Relevancy 98.04%

Just did a reinstall of my OS. All but 6 updates succeded. Windows 7 SP1

Failed:
error code: 80070308
KB2965788
KB2923545
KB2984981
KB3025390
error code: 80242016
KB2952664
KB2598845
Tried the windows tool to fix windows updates but didn't work.

edit: typo

A:5 Updates failed to install. Error codes 80070308 & 80242016

Hi greymatters It's normal for certain Windows Updates to fail when you install all of them at the same time. Did you try to install them individually or at least bit by bit and not all of them together?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/560745/5-updates-failed-to-install-error-codes-80070308-80242016/
Relevancy 98.04%

I just received a new hp pavilion dv6227cl entertainment notebook in the mail. The computer said that it had 98 important updates it needed to install so I tried installing them and only 24 were able to be installed. It said the other 74 updates couldn't be installed because of error codes 8024402C, 80070020, and 80071A90. How can there be error codes already when it's new? I've already run a virus search on the computer and that didn't solve anything.

If anyone could give me any advice I would really appreciate it. Please just let me know if there's any other information you need. This is my first time posting in a pc forum.

A:Brand new hp laptop won't install important updates due to 3 error codes...

Welcome aboard Please download Farbar Service Scanner Download Link and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:

Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity Center/Action CenterWindows UpdateWindows DefenderPress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/480826/brand-new-hp-laptop-wont-install-important-updates-due-to-3-error-codes/
Relevancy 97.18%

I'm running windows seven home premium (32 bit) and having trouble updating for some time.
Hope someone can help me.
I attach the error codes picture.
I also tried to attach the cbs folder, but even after zipping it, it's still almost 30MB and I can't upload it.
Any suggestions?
Thanks.

A:Unable to install updates - error codes 8e5e03fb, 9e5e03fa, 80070490

remove the older CBSPersist files from the archive until the resulting file is under the 8MB limit - or upload the full set to a fileshare site, and post a link.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/372130-unable-install-updates-error-codes-8e5e03fb-9e5e03fa-80070490-a.html
Relevancy 96.32%

Have been attempting to install Windows Ultimate x on a newly built PC updates/drivers (new fresh on machine) getting BSOD install after but begin to get BSODs after installing windows updates and drivers I thought at first that it was due to the drivers The first install was with an older Windows DVD and I experienced the first BSOD xD I believe after installing the graphics driver dx wireless adapter driver Avast antivirus Chrome and some Windows Updates Before installing the wireless driver and those other items the computer was able to be on for several getting BSOD after updates/drivers on fresh install (new machine) hours w out crashing Startup repair was unable to fix the issue so I did a restore to just before installing the driver and consequently avast chrome and windows updates BSOD again Restored again and tried installing SP from disk It errored at the getting BSOD after updates/drivers on fresh install (new machine) end presumably b c the system wasn't updated enough Restored again Installed the ethernet driver and ran a wired network connection Downloaded the updates and was installing them when the system crashed once again The only thing installed was the graphics driver dx and ethernet driver From here I used an AIO iso w updates through last week so only five updates were needed followed by net framework After installing the graphics driver dx and the ethernet driver I downloaded and installed the first five updates as well as installed avast and chrome After restarting it prompted me to download and install the microsoft net framework where it promptly BSODed again Usually when it BSODs it tries to perform startup repair which only works about half the time The other half of the time it falls into a loop of prompting for normal startup or startup repair choosing startup repair starting to load windows files then restarting and dumping you at the choice screen again I shut it down for a few hours and start again where it lets me boot normally It will work for a few minutes or more then BSOD and the same loop Attached are the minidumps and perfmon report I also have two minidumps from the previous attempt at installation if needed Please help Is it one of the couple drivers installed I originally thought it was a driver support issue w the outdated version of Windows but it is virtually up to date and still having problems The net framework perhaps I know there are some issues w this update The system is currently restored to just before installing that update with everything else updated It is on for the moment waiting to see if it crashes Thank you in advance Specs AMD Phenom II X T Zosma GHz Socket AM W Quad-Core Desktop Processor ASUS M A T-M AM AMD G HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard G SKILL Ripjaws Series GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR EVGA SuperClocked G-P - -KR GeForce GTX Fermi GB Antec NEO ECO C W Continuous Power ATX V Rosewill RNX-N UBE USB External dBi Antenna Wireless Adapter

A:getting BSOD after updates/drivers on fresh install (new machine)

Hello,

I can't help but think this has to be a hardware problem. Fortunately, all the components should still be under warranty, so you shouldn't have trouble.

Start by running about an hour of the Blend and Small FFTs Prime95 tests (one at a time). See here: Hardware - Stress Test With Prime95

Also, run Memtest86 to test RAM more specifically: RAM - Test with Memtest86+

Let us know what the results of the tests are, and we'll go from there!

...Summary of the dumps:

Code:

Built by: 7601.17727.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.111118-2330
Debug session time: Sun Mar 25 19:26:31.790 2012 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:10:46.992
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KiSearchForNewThread+1b9 )
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN7_DRIVER_FAULT
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x3B
PROCESS_NAME: explorer.exe
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x3B_nt!KiSearchForNewThread+1b9
BiosReleaseDate = 12/23/2010
SystemProductName = System Product Name
Debug session time: Sun Mar 25 23:42:21.174 2012 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:00:18.049
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+af37 )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x1a_5100
PROCESS_NAME: System
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x1a_5100_nt!_??_::FNODOBFM::_string_+af37

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/221309-getting-bsod-after-updates-drivers-fresh-install-new-machine.html
Relevancy 95.46%

Hello Ive been up for three days trying to get win to work I finally have an install where ALL the updates installed I had to attempt to check and install updates several times for it to work and now that I got a message saying there are no more updates for windows my origin and WD HD utilities wont work as missing and .dll fresh error install after file updates well as my evga prescicionx So missing .dll file error after fresh install and updates I get a warning stating that either msvcr dll and or msvcp dll is missing and eithe the evga app or the origin or the wd utilities wont work I googled it and searched here too and downloaded a new copy of the isual C Redistributable Packages for Visual Studio from MS site I first attempted to repair and restarted but that didnt fix it so I tried to repair again and restart and no fix So i then uninstalled it and reinstalled it and it doesnt work I uninstalled it again and reinstalled it again and it didnt fix the issue Im stuck Seems I need to learn how to like linux cause windows is about to get murdered

A:missing .dll file error after fresh install and updates

funny it seems after uninstalling all the updates in the remove programs... and reinstalling my apps, it all works. lol.

Im not sure why but there was both x86 and x64 for c++ 2010 and 2013 both respectively. Now that they are gone I figured Id install the apps, and if any c++ came with it, oh I uninstalled the Nvidia too, everything effected by the error... but Im installing all the apps so if they install the c++ again maybe it will work right? idk.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/401995-missing-dll-file-error-after-fresh-install-updates.html
Relevancy 94.17%

Hello I recently decided to reformat my computer and ever since I've been having multiple issues and can't pinpoint the problem I have various problems -Windows Updates will just hang forever when trying to install -When viewing videos or Netflix Hang - Fresh - Win7 Corrupt, SFC Install BSOD, 64bit Updates Win it seems to BSOD when I switch tabs on the web browser This happens with videos using both Adobe Flash and Microsoft Silverlight Fresh Install - Win7 64bit - SFC Corrupt, BSOD, Win Updates Hang -When I run sfc scannow corrupt files were found that can't be fixed Here is part of the log - - Info CSI SR Could not reproject corrupted file ml l quot C Windows Web Wallpaper Architecture quot l quot img jpg quot Fresh Install - Win7 64bit - SFC Corrupt, BSOD, Win Updates Hang source file in store is also corrupted - - Info CSI dc SR Could not reproject corrupted file ml l quot C Windows Web Wallpaper Architecture quot l quot img jpg quot source file Fresh Install - Win7 64bit - SFC Corrupt, BSOD, Win Updates Hang in store is also corrupted Here are the computer specs Windows x Home Premium MOBO asRock P xtreme gen CPU Intel I k Sandybridge RAM G Skill X GB DDR GPU eVGA TI Burner LG Bluray Burner SSD Samsung GB I have a nd SSD and other HDD but I have disconnected them from the computer while trying to figure out the issue I have installed Windows with my genuine disc and a sp disc and both have sfc corrupt errors on a fresh install Any help is greatly appreciated Thank you Confirmed Just installed Windows bit on my SSD and did an SFC scan and there are no corrupt files

A:Fresh Install - Win7 64bit - SFC Corrupt, BSOD, Win Updates Hang

Load bios defaults, then memtest the ram for several loops. If everything checks ok, maybe your install media is damaged or corrupted.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/233893-fresh-install-win7-64bit-sfc-corrupt-bsod-win-updates-hang.html
Relevancy 92.88%

-Running Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Service Pack 1

Hello there, I've just built a new computer and am having trouble installing Windows updates on my fresh install.

When I go to Windows Update, I get the following message:

--
Install new Windows Update software

To check for updates, you must first install an update for Windows Update. Your automatic updating settings will not change

To install the update, Windows update will automatically close and re-open.
--

When I click 'Install now', the window disappears and I am then confronted with the following message:

--
Windows could not search for new updates

An error occurred while checking for new updates for your computer.

Error(s) found:
Code 800F081F Windows Update encountered an unknown error.
--

Does anyone know how I can get updates to work? Is there some way that I can manually download and install this update for Windows Update?

Thank you.

A:Unable to install updates on fresh Windows 7 SP1 install

I'm guessing that your installation media already contained SP1, is that correct? Since this is a clean install my first thought is something happened during the installation process to damage or corrupt some system files. I'd try the Microsoft troubleshooter first.

Troubleshoot problems with installing updates - WindowsUpdate_dt000

If that doesn't work I'd try running the System Update Readiness Tool.

What is the System Update Readiness Tool?

If still no joy, and only because this is a very recent clean install, I'd just reinstall Windows 7 again. If the problem persists I'd start looking into the possibility of a bad installation disk, hardware issues, etc. Please post back if any of this helps or not.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/237949-unable-install-updates-fresh-windows-7-sp1-install.html
Relevancy 91.16%

Hello My mum has a Packard Bell M3871. Recently she had a problem that she would turn on the computer and the date would go to 1/1/2011 and not all startup applications wanted to boot up like the antivirus etc. I decided to restore the system to factory settings. Worked fine. The next day the date went back to 2011 and i wasn't able to use the internet as it said the connection is not private and it was recommended to install updates. So i waited a few hours while it was searching for updates and no sucess. Keeps on searching and cannot find anything. I even tried upgrading to windows 10 but the installation get's stuck at 99% and after a manual restart windows 7 loads as normal. Any help is highly appriciated!

A:Fresh install will not let my upgrade or install updates

Hi: See if installing these two W7 updates resolves the problem. https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3083710 https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3102810 You can also read this article for more info... http://www.zdnet.com/article/sticking-with-windows-7-the-forecast-calls-for-pain/

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/Fresh-install-will-not-let-my-upgrade-or-install-updates/td-p/5661920
Relevancy 91.16%

nbsp SIW FREEWARE ELI-PC html nbsp nbsp KB nbsp nbsp downloads nbsp BSoDError Report-Clean windows ult no activated txt nbsp nbsp KB nbsp multiple install New BSoD error Win7 Ult after many times codes nbsp downloads Hi you guys are great by the way Here s my situation BSoD s multple times sometimes pc feezes screen no paticular pattern that I can tell Have a new BARE or at least it was bare Hard Drive Samsung BSoD many times after New Win7 Ult install multiple error codes F Spinpoint F HD SJ TB RPM MB Cache SATA Gb s That I m trying to install on dont know much about drive setup but it has partitions on it One is smaller and has MBR on it the other is larger Gb or so its not the active drive though Dont know much about that and not sure why it would be the problem BUT THERE IS SOME INFO ON SECTOR quot alignment quot for XP and Samsung HDD s But I think its for Drives above Tb Machine HP a n with updated BIOS from HP site THIS IS AN Original OEM Windows XP MediaCenter Machine if it matters I ve reinstalled several times messed with HDD to try and figure out what is wrong Updated drivers All I could figure out to do Still BSoD all the time The SP update will not install for some error code x cant remeber it but this is still a un-registered if that matters says days to go so I assume that its not the problem I ran some memtest over night on ram - hours no errors showed up there but did not try to run the system on each stick sticks at G each Attached is the BSoD error report viewer from my Hirens Boot Disk And a hardware SIW quot quick Html quot check Lots of different error codes x e and x a and x e and x a and more but I think thats in the BSoD report attached Geesh this is killing me Your HELP is MUCHO s appreciated I turned the virus protecton off while I ve been fiddling with this BSoD stuff

A:BSoD many times after New Win7 Ult install multiple error codes

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/document?docname=c01755529&tmp_task=solveCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=3189592

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/documentSubCategory?tmp_rule=37977&tmp_task=solveCategory&cc=us&dlc=en&lc=en&product=3189592

From what I see...that system uses a reocvery disk/partition mechanism to restore to factory defaults.

Just what stepa are you taking in your install efforts...do you have a valid license for Win 7?

I think that it matters that it's a MCE system.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/443617/bsod-many-times-after-new-win7-ult-install-multiple-error-codes/
Relevancy 89.44%

Hi. I recently managed to get a malware on my computer, the one that locks the computer up demanding payment before it unlocks your files. i just did a fresh install as my files werent very important but my computer while in idel downloading some steam games blue screened. im not sure on how to post dmp files here but i took a screenshot of it open in bluescreen viewer and will try post that.
*note. to see the picture after clicking you must remove the "http\\" from the adress bar and search just the imgur link.

any help would be appreciated. if i have posted image wrong or anyone can tell me how to post a dmp file please do as im new to forums

A:BSOD after a fresh install, error 0x0000007A

More information is required.

1. Download this .BAT file to your desktop
2. Right-click the .BAT file and 'Run as Administrator'
3. Locate the .ZIP file created on your desktop, and upload it here in your next reply.
Attachment 303590

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/319835-bsod-after-fresh-install-error-0x0000007a.html
Relevancy 89.44%

Good morning everyone so I've had this computer error Fresh TCpip.sys BSOD Install coming on - years now but for the past year and a half its been giving me issues I've taken it to computer repair shops left it there for months on end Fresh Install BSOD TCpip.sys error to receive a PC that still ISNT working so finally i have a coworker whos husband actually works on computers as a side gig with his son who goes to college for computer tech stuff awesome so they worked on my computer reinstalled windows had it running no problem but every time they would go to update the PC to windows it would hardlock by hard lock i mean it would hard freeze the whole PC and stay stuck being nonresponsive to anything you did IE pressing scroll lock caps lock moving the mouse etc Ok no big deal i didn't care much for win so anyways i received my PC back after it was fully updated and plugged it in minutes later after downloading Chrome to get off of Internet explorer amp Steam i receive a BSOD saying TCPip sys data insert s here woo awesome so then talked to some of my friends who said it was the internet driver itself which makes no sense because the guy told me it ran fine on his internet no crashing or nothing so i unplugged my Ethernet cord from my PC and let it run all night expecting BSoD surprising it ran for hours no BSoD no hard freeze nothing so i ask can someone please give me some ideas how how to fix this cause I've pumped already into buying new hardware for the PC for it to still give me issues if anything else is required please let me know

A:Fresh Install BSOD TCpip.sys error

Hello and welcome Khris mate could you follow these please as I cannot open RAR files
Dump Files - Configure Windows to Create on BSOD
&
Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

That error TCpip.sys I have seen a couple of references to the network card and wifi drivers being not right and I think you could for starters reinstall the drivers for those. However from just knowing what you have in your specs I/we only know it is an Asrock Z77 Extreme and I am not getting any hits for drivers for that board on their site - have you tried the site yourself ASRock > Support you may have more luck there.

By the by the i7 are you overclocking that?? and I see you are not running any AV - any reason??

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/398198-fresh-install-bsod-tcpip-sys-error.html
Relevancy 89.44%

Hi,

Operating System:
Win7 Home Basic
(when it was bought it had a Windows 7 home basic installed)
- Tried all from Win7 Starter to Win7 Ultimate => x32-x64.
- Installation date: Few hours ago.
- PC(aspire 7551G) age: 2/5 years

1st BSOD => few minutes after install
(no drivers, programs or anything installed)

After I started the installation of the drivers the BSOD appears one after another with different error codes(6 or 7).

Appears even if I'm doing nothing.
I'm really pissed off

I can't run the exe to collect the dmp files without to be interrupted by a BSOD.
(success...after several tries)

Thank you in advance!

P.S. Sorry for my poor English!

A:Random BSOD(different error). Fresh install!

These crashes were caused by memory corruption/exception (Cx05) probably a driver.
Please run these two tests to verify your memory and find which driver is causing the problem.

* If you are overclocking anything reset to default before running these tests.
In other words STOP!!!

* If you have a Raid update its Driver.

Memtest.

Quote:
*Download a copy of Memtest86 and burn the ISO to a CD using Iso Recorder or another ISO burning program. Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

*Boot from the CD, and leave it running for at least 5-7 passes.

Just remember, any time Memtest reports errors, it can be either bad RAM or a bad motherboard slot.

Test the sticks individually, and if you find a good one, test it in all slots.

Any errors are indicative of a memory problem.

If a known good stick fails in a motherboard slot it is probably the slot.

RAM - Test with Memtest86+

Driver Verifier

Quote:
Using Driver Verifier is an iffy proposition.
Most times it'll crash and it'll tell you what the driver is.
But sometimes it'll crash and won't tell you the driver.
Other times it'll crash before you can log in to Windows.
If you can't get to Safe Mode, then you'll have to resort to offline editing of the registry to disable Driver Verifier.

I'd suggest that you first backup your stuff and then make sure you've got access to another computer so you can contact us if problems arise.
Then make a System Restore point (so you can restore the system using the Vista/Win7 Startup Repair feature).

In Windows 7 you can make a Startup Repair disk by going to Start....All Programs...Maintenance...Create a System Repair Disc - with Windows Vista you'll have to use your installation disk or the "Repair your computer" option at the top of the Safe Mode menu .

Then, here's the procedure:
- Go to Start and type in "verifier" (without the quotes) and press Enter
- Select "Create custom settings (for code developers)" and click "Next"
- Select "Select individual settings from a full list" and click "Next"
- Select everything EXCEPT FOR "Low Resource Simulation"IRP Logging and Force Pending I/O Requests. and click "Next"
NOTE: You can use Low Resource Simulation if you'd like.
From my limited experimentation it makes the BSOD's come faster.
- Select "Select driver names from a list" and click "Next"
Then select all drivers NOT provided by Microsoft and click "Next"
- Select "Finish" on the next page.

If you are using win 8 add these
- Concurrency Stress Test
- DDI compliance checking
Reboot the system and wait for it to crash to the Blue Screen.
Continue to use your system normally, and if you know what causes the crash, do that repeatedly.
The objective here is to get the system to crash because Driver Verifier is stressing the drivers out.
If it doesn't crash for you, then let it run for at least 36 hours of continuous operation.
Reboot into Windows (after the crash) and turn off Driver Verifier by going back in and selecting "Delete existing settings" on the first page, then locate and zip up the memory dump file and upload it with your next post.
If you can't get into Windows because it crashes too soon, try it in Safe Mode.
If you can't get into Safe Mode, try using System Restore from your installation DVD to set the system back to the previous restore point that you created.

Thanks to JCGriff2 & Usasma.

Sysnative Forums

Driver Reference Table (DRT)

Using Driver Verifier to identify issues with Windows drivers for advanced users

Driver Verifier

Using Driver Verifier (Windows Drivers)

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/232336-random-bsod-different-error-fresh-install.html
Relevancy 89.44%

Good morning everyone so I've had this computer coming on - years now but for the past year and a half its been giving me issues I've taken it to computer repair shops left it there for months on end to receive a PC that still ISNT working so finally i have a coworker whos husband actually works on computers as a side gig with his son who goes to college for computer tech stuff awesome so they worked on my computer reinstalled windows had it running no problem but every time they would go to update the PC to windows it would hardlock by hard lock i mean it would hard freeze the whole PC and stay stuck being nonresponsive to anything you did IE pressing scroll lock caps lock moving the mouse etc Ok no big deal i didn't care much for win so anyways i received my PC back after it was fully updated and plugged it in minutes later after downloading Chrome to TCpip.sys error Fresh Install BSOD get off of Internet explorer amp Steam i receive a Fresh Install BSOD TCpip.sys error BSOD saying TCPip sys data insert s here woo awesome so then talked to some of my friends who said it was the internet driver itself which makes no sense because the guy told me it ran fine on his internet no crashing or nothing so i unplugged my Ethernet cord from my PC and let it run all night expecting BSoD surprising it ran for hours no BSoD no hard freeze nothing so i ask can someone please give me some ideas how how to fix this cause I've pumped already into buying new hardware for the PC for it to still give me issues if anything else is required please let me know

A:Fresh Install BSOD TCpip.sys error

Hello and welcome Khris mate could you follow these please as I cannot open RAR files
Dump Files - Configure Windows to Create on BSOD
&

That error TCpip.sys I have seen a couple of references to the network card and wifi drivers being not right and I think you could for starters reinstall the drivers for those. However from just knowing what you have in your specs I/we only know it is an Asrock Z77 Extreme and I am not getting any hits for drivers for that board on their site - have you tried the site yourself ASRock > Support you may have more luck there.

By the by the i7 are you overclocking that?? and I see you are not running any AV - any reason??

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/398198-fresh-install-bsod-tcpip-sys-error.html
Relevancy 88.58%

I recently reinstalled Windows 7 on my computer after it stopped being able to boot normally. I managed to get it installed, but I won't be able to get into safe mode as it won't let me set up Windows. Every time I try to boot it normally, it creates this BSOD. I have a picture of the BSOD. Sorry about the bad quality. If the attachment doesn't work: http://i.imgur.com/tBnnwA6.jpg

Thank you.

A:BSOD after fresh install of Windows 7. Error 0x00000050.

Welcome to 7F. Without dump files it's nigh on impossible to pinpoint the issue, however a STOP 0x50 can be down to defective hardware, particularly RAM. Luckily you can test your RAM without booting into Windows.

Download and run MemTest86+ to test your RAM. RAM - Test with Memtest86+

Note

Run MemTest86+ for at least 8 passes. Ideally set it off before you go to bed and leave it overnight, we're looking for zero errors here. A single error will show something's going bad with your RAM.
If your RAM passes this test then the best we can offer is guesswork unfortunately. Run the test and let us know how it goes.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/368136-bsod-after-fresh-install-windows-7-error-0x00000050.html
Relevancy 88.58%

I have a fresh install of windows 7 ultimate, and I have experienced 3 BSODs since last night. I just downloaded a bios update from my motherboard's site, but I am waiting to flash it until I get some input from you guys. The last three times it seems that the cause of the BSOD was from NTOSKRNL.exe+6F880, and ATIKMDAG.sys+A7367.

I have uploaded the .zip as instructed in the BSOD posting instructions.

Edit: Currently I have a new stick of Ram in it thinking that may have been the problem last night, but I got a BSOD this morning even with the new Ram.

A:Frequent BSOD After Fresh Install Error 0x0000000A

Hello Smoothsensation,

Please download all the latest Windows Updates.

Can you also run a scan with http://www.malwarebytes.org/

Please follow this guide, written by Gerry Conrell.

Please upload and share with everyone fresh copies of your System and Application logs from your Event Viewer.

To access the System log select Start, Control Panel, Administrative Tools, Event Viewer, from the list in the left side of the window select Windows Logs and System. Place the cursor on System, select Action from the Menu and Save All Events as (the default evtx file type) and give the file a name. Do the same for the Applications log. Do not provide filtered files.

Thank you,
VinnyBuxton

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/338246-frequent-bsod-after-fresh-install-error-0x0000000a.html
Relevancy 88.58%

Just got my budget system put together and installed with the below information. I get constant bsods when idling and during tasks. I'm guessing it is the video card but I have tried everything I can to figure this out. Re-Installed video driver, disconnected all other HDDs and externals, even the DVD drive removed. Check MB Bios revision from GA site and its at F7.

Just tried installing the OS on a second drive (sata 1tb physical drive instead of ssd) and received a 1e bsod during install.

Specs Hardware:
Motherboard -GA-970A-D3
CPU - Phenom II x4 960t
HDD - Crucial M4 CT128M4SSD2
Mem - F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL (G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) )
GPU - XFX HD-687A-ZHFC (Radeon HD 6870 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP )

Specs OS:
Windows 7 Ultimate Edition x64 SP1

Attached is all the dumps that were gathered and the perfreport.

A:BSOD fresh install, error 0x1e , 0x24, etc

Rt64win7.sys may be the cause of your problem. It is a system driver related to Realtek sound cards. Update your audio driver from the below link.
Latest Realtek HD Audio Driver Version

What anti-virus are you currently using?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/220829-bsod-fresh-install-error-0x1e-0x24-etc.html
Relevancy 88.58%

Ok i know i fudged this up but hopefully someone can help me correct the mistake i made i had a Dell Optiplex SX that worked fine with windows xp home on it i BSOD was error on install startup. but before not fresh working PC after wanted xp pro on it so i wanted to install it but there is no CD drive I have another pc that looks BSOD error on startup. PC was working before but not after fresh install and works exactly the same except it is a Optiplex GX So i decided to remove the hard drive from the SX and put it in the GX which has a cd drive i installed XP pro on it and it works like a charm in that PC But when i put the hard drive back in the SX where it originally was i get the blue screen of death right at startup Safe mode won t work either This is the error I get STOP x B xF B xc x x Well now I have two working hard drives with XP pro on them but they only work in the GX So how can i get a working copy of windows installed on the SX with no working CD drive Thanks for any help

A:BSOD error on startup. PC was working before but not after fresh install

anyone?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/261642/bsod-error-on-startup-pc-was-working-before-but-not-after-fresh-install/
Relevancy 88.58%

It would seem to be hardware since this is a 2nd install with the problem and randomized BSOD they like to come with video games but have happened when nothing other then itunes is running.

Im getting to my wits end with this thing I hope i posted the info correctly I really don't know im frazzled with this now.

I just wanted to edit in a thank you on my initial post here to anyone that takes any amount of time to help me out with this. People helping out like this is a wonderful thing for anyone.

A:BSOD Random error messages 2nd fresh install

Welcome

Quote:
STOP 0x00000050: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

Usual causes: Defective hardware (particularly memory - but not just RAM), Faulty system service, Antivirus, Device driver, NTFS corruption, BIOS

Its difficult to say anything with that one dump which blames windows file for some reason

So we'll enable driver verifier to rule out buggy drivers

Driver Verifier

Quote:
I'd suggest that you first backup your data and then make sure you've got access to another computer so you can contact us if problems arise. Then make a System Restore point (so you can restore the system using the Vista/Windows 7 Startup Repair feature).

In Windows 7 you can make a Startup Repair disk by going to Start....All Programs...Maintenance...Create a System Repair Disc - with Windows Vista you'll have to use your installation disk or the "Repair your computer" option at the top of the Safe Mode menu .

- Go to Start and type in verifier and press Enter
- Select Create custom settings (for code developers) and click Next
- Select Select individual settings from a full list and click Next
- Select everything EXCEPT FOR Low Resource Simulation and click Next
- Select Select driver names from a list and click Next
Then select all drivers NOT provided by Microsoft and click Next
- Select Finish on the next page.

Reboot the system and wait for it to crash to the Blue Screen. Continue to use your system normally, and if you know what causes the crash, do that repeatedly. The objective here is to get the system to crash because Driver Verifier is stressing the drivers out. If it doesn't crash for you, then let it run for at least 36 hours of continuous operation (an estimate on my part).

If you can't get into Safe Mode, try using System Restore from your installation DVD to set the system back to the previous restore point that you created.
Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable

Information
Driver Verifier runs in the background, "testing" drivers for bugs. If it finds one, a Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) will result; the corresponding dump file will hopefully show the faulty driver.

Quote: Originally Posted by Capt.Jack Sparrow

Driver Verifier monitors kernel-mode drivers and graphics drivers to detect illegal function calls or actions that might corrupt the system. It can subject the drivers to a variety of stresses and tests to find improper behavior.

Continue to use your system normally, and if you know what causes the crash, do that repeatedly. The objective here is to get the system to crash because Driver Verifier is stressing the drivers out. If it doesn't crash for you, then let it run for at least 36 hours of continuous operation.

PS: Did you look for an update on your BIOS version?

Code:
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 0803, 9/10/2009

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/256666-bsod-random-error-messages-2nd-fresh-install.html
Relevancy 88.15%

I just added a new SSD drive and installed a fresh copy of Win 7 Enterprise. I have had a previous driver issue with this system in the past. The amazing people on this site helped me work it out. Now for the life I just can't seem to sort it out again myself this time.

I ran and uploaded the SF_Diagnostic info in zip file format.

Thank you for any help that can be given.

A:BSOD playing Guild Wars 2, recent SSD install and fresh install of W7

Hello and welcome to Sevenforums.

BSOD ANALYSE

Code:
1: kd> k
Child-SP RetAddr Call Site
fffff880`02f1ffc8 fffff800`02d5c83b nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`02f1ffd0 fffff800`02d271e4 nt!KipFatalFilter+0x1b
fffff880`02f20010 fffff800`02cff3ac nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+0x83d
fffff880`02f20050 fffff800`02cfee2d nt!_C_specific_handler+0x8c
fffff880`02f200c0 fffff800`02cfdc05 nt!RtlpExecuteHandlerForException+0xd
fffff880`02f200f0 fffff800`02d0eb81 nt!RtlDispatchException+0x415
fffff880`02f207d0 fffff800`02cd3842 nt!KiDispatchException+0x135
fffff880`02f20e70 00000000`00000000 nt!KiExceptionDispatch+0xc2
Realtek wanted to do a task but it was executed for some reason. Do you have Realtek installed?

Best Regards,
Frederik.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/250809-bsod-playing-guild-wars-2-recent-ssd-install-fresh-install-w7.html
Relevancy 88.15%

I just installed Windows 7 Service Pack 1 Home Premium, using my Upgrade Disc, on a broken Vista machine. Windows Update says I have 289 important updates. Do I need to install these or can I go straight to Windows 10? In a possibly related situation I should add that I have downloaded 10, and agreed to the licensing terms, but seem to be rather hung up on the little royal blue "Getting Updates" screen. It can't seem to get past the first part; "Checking For Updates", after which it claims 0%. It has been "checking" for a long time!

A:To 10 from fresh 7 install - Do I need install all 289 Win 7 updates?

Hello lookN4shortcut, and welcome to Ten Forums.

Yes, you could upgrade to Windows 10 without having to install all the updates first.

Windows 10 - Upgrade Installation

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/33684-10-fresh-7-install-do-i-need-install-all-289-win-7-updates.html
Relevancy 87.29%

Hey guys! I have been having an issue with my desktop ever since I moved 3 months ago. I recently did a fresh install of Windows 7 and I am still getting the same blue screen problem. So, it's obviously something hardware related, which I should have thought of earlier, but I can't quite figure out what it is. The message says:

System_Service_Exception

0x0000003b

I have looked online and everything either points to the firewire card or the graphics card. I found a hotfix that claimed it would fix the firewire driver and it just said "update not applicable."

It's been difficult for me to troubleshoot this problem because it does it randomly. In fact, I re-installed windows 4 days ago, and it has only happened to me twice since then, but it's still the same message as before the re-installation.

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advanced!

-Kevin

A:Random BSOD even after a fresh re-install of Windows, Error 0x0000003b

Please follow these instructions on how to post dump files.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/325926-random-bsod-even-after-fresh-re-install-windows-error-0x0000003b.html
Relevancy 87.29%

I recently built a new computer and have been having an issue with a recurring BSOD What I have tried so far to troubleshoot the issue Reseated all connections in the computer unplugged and plugged back in chkdsk pass WD lifeguard diagnostics pass on both quick and long scan memtest - iterations pass driver updates chipset video bios network controller Replaced the w psu with a w after reading that the is recommended to have at least a w prime piece of cake furmark no problems Fresh fresh install custom event error 41... BSOD and 03, f4 id w7 build, install BSOD fresh w7 install custom build, error f4 and 03, event id 41... of windows - I BSOD fresh w7 install custom build, error f4 and 03, event id 41... reformatted the drive and reinstalled The crashes seem to happen at random times Sometimes when I am playing a game sometimes when the computer is idle but not asleep sometimes when I am browsing the web I can't seem to pin down any particular activity that causes the crashes It sort of seems to happen most often when I am playing ARK survival evolved but I think that's because I am usually playing that when I am on the computer Overall the crashes seem to happen at fairly regular intervals every hour or two regardless of what I am doing Anyway I am at a loss as to what to try next I've spent hours scouring the net and can't seem to find anything to help I will be running memtest overnight tonight to see if that comes up with anything that memtest missed My BSOD report is attached and the following is the xml report from event viewer - lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt - lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power quot Guid quot C B A- - C -AC E- C D B quot gt lt EventID gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt Josh-PC lt Computer gt lt Security UserID quot S- - - quot gt lt System gt - lt EventData gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckCode quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt xfffffa lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt xfffffa lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt xfffff d lt Data gt lt Data Name quot SleepInProgress quot gt false lt Data gt lt Data Name quot PowerButtonTimestamp quot gt lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt Thanks in advance

A:BSOD fresh w7 install custom build, error f4 and 03, event id 41...

I just noticed that this following bit always seems to be in close proximity to event 41.

Event[2178]:
Log Name: System
Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power
Date: 2015-07-22T22:20:16.912
Event ID: 89
Task: N/A
Level: Information
Opcode: Info
Keyword: N/A
User: S-1-5-18
User Name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
Computer: Josh-PC
Description:
ACPI thermal zone ACPI\ThermalZone\TZ00 has been enumerated.
_PSV = 0K
_TC1 = 0
_TC2 = 0
_TSP = 0ms
_AC0 = 353K
_AC1 = 328K
_AC2 = 323K
_AC3 = 318K
_AC4 = 313K
_AC5 = 0K
_AC6 = 0K
_AC7 = 0K
_AC8 = 0K
_AC9 = 0K
_CRT = 378K
_HOT = 0K
_PSL - see event data.

The system does not seem to be overheating, the case is cool to the touch and speccy reports the current temps as:

CPU: 32C
MB: 34C
GCard: 39C

I also carefully watched the temps while running furmark and prime and they stayed within a safe range and well under the _CRT of 378K, which is apparently the temperature at which the system will shutdown (according to https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...=VS.85%29.aspx).

I'm thinking that there may be some issue with the motherboard and windows both trying to control the temperature. I'm kind of grasping at straws here...

Also, nothing is overclocked. I am using the fan that was included with the i7, as well as two case fans, the psu fan, and the two fans on the 390. There seems to be plenty of airflow and the only thing that goes over 50C while under heavy load is the graphics card, which is designed to go up to ~60C before the fans activate.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/376421-bsod-fresh-w7-install-custom-build-error-f4-03-event-id-41-a.html
Relevancy 86.86%

Hello from a first timer here I'm using HP pavilion DV - nr gig m gt gig I had Vista bit Prem that ran just fine and I did the Win Prem upgrade It seems to run smooth until I started getting bsod I decided to do a full install of Win Prem from my upgrade disc I booted to the cd formatted my drive partitions it created of after 64bit fresh crashes 7 BSOD install install a mb partition I did the double install way to make the activation work Ok the first install I did not update the firmware and got all kind of bsod etc problems Main culprit then was the wifi card driver I flashed my bios got BSOD crashes after fresh install of 7 64bit install all my updated drivers for everything and did another fresh install which is where I'm today I might not have installed my chip set driver first is only one point I want to point out So I only have MS Security Essentials installed simply because I thought I had this thing whiped Went to shut down and it will not shut down and will hit a BSOD and reboot It continues to do this for some reason It will reboot in safe mode I also noticed if I remove a driver and try to update it the system seems to just hang now One other note I realized last night BSOD crashes after fresh install of 7 64bit install weather or not this is a issue that I have my NAS running WD Myworldbook that I continuously connect to via WiFi I'm attaching my mini dumps and the other two errors that I saw in hopes for some kind of help cause I'm at a loss now I have seen what they have to say to a point but I can not for the life of me fix this issue I really hate to go back to Vista

A:BSOD crashes after fresh install of 7 64bit install

Maybe I should also mention, that I either pulled the drivers from there Hardware sites and if I did not, then I used Hp site. So, I have the latest intel chipset from intel, latest intel wifi from intel and latest nvidia drivers from nvidia website.

There are only like 4 or 5 things starting up. Few of them are nvida driver stuff, MS essientials, touchpad software & can't remember the other two.

This may be another issue, but I have noticed every since I have put Win7 on, while it boots, I get a pop in my speakers??

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/64382-bsod-crashes-after-fresh-install-7-64bit-install.html
Relevancy 86.86%

Note I will get an export Persistant on Install, install All Fresh BSOD New Hardware, with DM Log Collector this evening when I get home from work but I wanted to start collecting some opinions on the subject and I do have a BlueScreenView export to hand I was experiencing a BSOD during Windows Pro Fresh Install, All New Hardware, Persistant BSOD on install x installation on a freshly built computer the installation would get to and BSOD with a variety of errors mostly IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL After about attempts with different UEFI settings disabled Intel NIC XMP Disabled Updated UEFI etc Fresh Install, All New Hardware, Persistant BSOD on install the install stuck and I was able to load into windows thought this was pure chance In its current state the OS boots up fine and I can log in but I have about minutes before I get a BSOD the like of which are attached in a TXT file from BlueScreenView I will get the proper DM Log Collector files this evening I have tried Checking CPU temperature Degrees C Updating MB UEFIDisabling and disconnecting NICs as I found several threads on google identifying Intel NIC drivers as a possible causeReseating all hardware and power cablesRemoving each stick of RAM in turnInstalling from UEFI and LegacyDifferent media VL image Media Creation Tool Image Installing from USB amp USB PortsWith and without XMPInstalling Chipset drivers in the minute I have in the OSUninstalling video drivers in the minute I have in the OS as I remember hearing about significant issues with Windows and nVidia DriversInstalling latest nVidia Drivers in the minute I have in the OSUninstalling the Intel NIC Drivers in the minute I have in the OSRemoving DISK WD Red TB And I have now reached the point where I am running out of troubleshooting options I do not have any spare components to trial and error with except a spare GTX amp on-board graphics and another power supply I have a few things I plan to try next from reading the forums Disable all but core to highlight a CPU fault if any Manually set DRAM configuration instead of relying on XPM Install a different operating system to help identify if hardware or driver related My System Specs are as follows Motherboard Asus SABERTOOTH Z MARK CPU Intel Core i K S Stock Speeds GFX EVGA GeForce GTX SC GAMING ACX RAM GB x GB Corsair DDR Vengeance LPX Black PC - Non-ECC Unbuffered CAS - - - XMP V CMK GX M B C I have just learned that this memory is not listed in the Qualified Vendors List for my Motherboard an oversight on my part at the time of purchase perhaps the cause http dlcdnet asus com pub ASUS mb PSU W Corsair RM x SeriesOS Windows Pro x DISK GB Samsung EVO quot SSD SATA IIIDISK WD Red TB Any help with this would be much appreciated

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/61216-fresh-install-all-new-hardware-persistant-bsod-install.html
Relevancy 86.86%

I built up a new PC before Christmas. These were the components:

Asus P8Z77-V Motherboard
Intel i5 3570K 3.4GHz
2 x G-Skill 8GB DDR3 1600Mhz
PowerColor HD 6870 1GB GDDR5 Dual DVI HDMI PCI-E Graphics Card
OCZ 120GB Agility 3 SSD

Not really used it that much and have had random crashes since built. Today, I decided to start afresh and reformatted the C drive and re-installed Windows. Although the OS installed without a hitch, at various times throughout the Windows Update process, the machine would crash a BSOD would appear.

I have attached the files as requested.

Can anyone advise me on what is the best approach to resolving this issue?

Cheers

Darren

A:Windows 7 - Fresh Install BSOD whilst applying windows updates

Hello DarrenF.

Four crashes, four different stopcodes.

Code:
BugCheck 34, {50853, fffff8800317e738, fffff8800317df90, fffff80002cd1eee}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!ExAcquireResourceSharedLite+4e )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------
BugCheck 1E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff80002c8e284, 0, ffffffffffffffff}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!SwapContext_PatchXRstor+0 )

---------
BugCheck 1A, {31, fffffa800ef4fac0, fffff8800e0ed000, fffff8a00a7584e0}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::NNGAKEGL::`string'+7271 )

---------
BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff960000f6b32, fffff8800785ffa0, 0}

Probably caused by : win32k.sys ( win32k!FreeObject+12 )

---------
Whereas ntkrnlmp.exe and win32k.sys, none of them cannot be the real probable cause of a crash. Do these tests, one by one.

Test your RAM modules for possible errors.
How to Test and Diagnose RAM Issues with Memtest86+
Run memtest for at least 8 passes, preferably overnight.

Stress test the Graphics Card using Furmark.
Video Card - Stress Test with Furmark

Stress test the CPU.
Hardware - Stress Test With Prime95

Enable Driver Verifier to monitor the drivers.
Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable
Run Driver Verifier for 24 hours or the occurrence of the next crash, whichever is earlier.

Let us know the results, with the subsequent crash dumps, if any.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/273552-windows-7-fresh-install-bsod-whilst-applying-windows-updates.html
Relevancy 86.43%

I replaced a mainboard for a dv9000 that had a bad gpu. I Installed windows 7 home on it, it came with vista. Upon completion it gave an error something about login not being able to show so i shut down and restarted and loaded win update, it searches forever. So i shut it down, it never shuts down just sits there forever.

I installed 7 pro this time, and it got a bsod during install, and then basically the same issues as above. I am installing from usb, and i have used the usb drive on about 9 win 7 installs, its easier that way and then i input the key after boot.

A:Fresh install, logon error, bsod win update and shutdown issues

Did you go to the manufacturer's website and download the Windows 7 drivers for your motherboard, and then install them immediately after you finished installing Windows 7? Did you make sure everything in the BIOS was set correctly prior to installing 7?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/188631-fresh-install-logon-error-bsod-win-update-shutdown-issues.html
Relevancy 86.43%

I left the computer on today downloading/installing Aion (mmorpg game) when i came back a few hours later i saw the bluescreen. The computer never had any issue prior this, its a pretty fresh install since i bought a few parts and upgraded it 5/6 days ago.

Edit: Forgot to say that i already used chkdsk and didnt found any errors, its a fairly new drive, 8 months of normal use.

A:BSOD fresh w7 install, while dling a game. error STOP: 0x000000E7

Hiya and welcome to SevenForums!

Code:
BugCheck 1000007E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff80002ee2fb4, fffff880033c4868, fffff880033c40c0}

Probably caused by : AtihdW76.sys ( AtihdW76+e99f )
Please update your ATI Function Driver for HD Audio driver.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/391198-bsod-fresh-w7-install-while-dling-game-error-stop-0x000000e7.html
Relevancy 83.85%

What I have read on this is not very good.It appears that the number if updates is just short of infinity.http://www.wpuniverse.com/vb/showthread.php?36003-Can-XP-be-installed-after-support-ends-on-April-8-2014-%28Answer-YES%29Quote..To emphasize one thing that Alastair said: you may, if you want, create a "slipstreamed" CD for installing XP on modern computers, but the only reason to do is to save time when installing XP in the future. A slipstreamed CD is useful for adding network drivers, hard disk drivers, USB 3.0 drivers, etc. to the original XP disk, without installing them afterwards. But this is only for convenience. You will never require a slipstreamed CD to install XP - ever. I am not happy with that kind of answer.  How do you ever get the updates.

A:Can I not install a Fresh cokpy of XP amd get updates?

You read too much...yet not enough...All XP updates are out there and available up until they shut it down...Much ado 'bout nothing.

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,146833.0.html
Relevancy 83.85%

I'm just about to under take a fresh install of Win 7 x64 for my m8 and wanted to know are there still updates to avoid if i want to stay away from the Win 10 hole, or should i just install the GXW Control Panel and let that do its work, he would like as many updates as poss (so that includes a lot of the optional ones) but i know some are to be avoided.

All1

A:Fresh install what updates to avoid

At the Windows Updates page, go to "Change settings" on left panel.
Ensure "Install updates automatically (recommended)" is select.
As for Install new updates "Every day" and the time "xxx"
The Time should be when you are using the computer or at times leave it on (not necessary all the time).
Also ensure the computer internet is active during the period.
The default setting is that Microsoft /Windows consider that computer are running 24/7 (non stop).
As for Recommended updates & who can install updates; both should be tick mark on the box.
I would recommended to this as i do not need to manually do click to windows updates anymore.

For start, after doing the necessary setting, and need to prepare to let it run accordingly.
Imitate "Check for updates", and after this try not to use your this computer.
Some updates will reboot and continue to download and updating.
This will take a lot of time.

For Windows 10, if it is downloaded, do not click "Get started" as this give permission to upgrade.

So far using these settings, i do not face any problem in the system.
Do note, when you want to shutdown, or restart, if there is "Update and shutdown" on the Shutdown box, do the updates.
Even if you do encountered if you just want to reboot, updates are important.

I no longer see any updates that required me to use my fingers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/398428-fresh-install-what-updates-avoid.html
Relevancy 83.85%

Hi,

At what point during the install process is it best to install Updates and Service Paks for:

- OS
- NIC
- Drivers
- Apps

After windows security essentials is installed? If so, is it safe to launch a browser and navigate to microsoft to download Essentials, or should this be done off USB stick?

A:Fresh Win7 Pro Install: Best way to get Updates?

I download before hand and save all of the above to thumb drives.
This is my routine for a clean install is once windows is installed and I'm at my desktop.
I start with the latest drivers for my key hardware, motherboard first, then video card, sound card, NIC and so on. I do printers and such later on as I need them.
The I do the major Microsoft updates, service packs if there are any, DirectX, IE, Media Player, Silverlight, Microsoft Security Essentials, Microsoft Office. Then I hit Windows update and keep patching until there aren't any left.
Then I move onto other stuff like Adobe Reader, Flash player, Java, etc. stuff I use right away.
The rest of my programs I just install as needed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/135214-fresh-win7-pro-install-best-way-get-updates.html
Relevancy 83.85%

Hello All

Just done a fresh install of XP Home SP3, Installed IE8, attempted to run Windows Update - normally it wants to run an Active X which shows at the top of the page. This is not showing so cannot download updates. Would appreciate any help please.

Regards SilverSurf

Relevancy 83.85%

Long time no ask for help derp But a man learns while he lives Speeding updates up on install? fresh so to speak so Recently I started working on servicing people's PCs I have a few partners that handle the hardware and I handle the software At times there are more PCs than I'd like all requiring me to clean install Windows with slipstreamed SP all editions both Speeding up updates on fresh install? x and x install all the updates and proceed to tweak the system with software But this takes a hell of a long time sometimes it's hellish because the PC might be old but installing XP isn't the solution So my question Speeding up updates on fresh install? is how can I speed up the process of downloading and installing all updates from WU as there are about of them at least I was thinking about ghosting installations but that requires me to have every single edition in every single flavor both bit and bit - I also don't like installing all those updates before installing required drivers somehow WU always screws me over with generic drivers I swear I unchecked from WU but get installed anyway Basically it would be awesome to have a quot legal quot solution to what XP had with Multipatcher lol Any suggestions

A:Speeding up updates on fresh install?

AN SP1 install of Windows 7 has around 120 updates currently
If you have some version of Office also installed, then that will significantly increase the update numbers, depending on the version and updates status.

You should consider creating wither a WIM/WIAK image of updated systems, or slipstreaming the updates every so often. There are tutorials here for the Slipstreaming, and MS has loads of stuff on creating generalised WIAK images.

It all depends on your skill level, and how much time you want to spend in prep work.
Note that neither may be good options under all circumstances.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/326632-speeding-up-updates-fresh-install.html
Relevancy 83.42%

Hi I Fresh fresh system Random install, - BSOD have installed a whole new windows pro x My new Random BSOD - Fresh install, fresh system mobo an ASus p e pro along with new ram pc gskill x ddr running in mhz due to my q Everythingi s running perfectly except some random BSOD total this week I have posted a pack of dump file in here the last ones are the ones that represent the BSOD I had and that I cannot explain the others ones are for various reasons crashes who happenned during installation but Random BSOD - Fresh install, fresh system that I was able to resolve What is weird is that my BSOD only happenned when I was surfing explorer on when the CPU was idle at night with utorrent running today mc pc got BSOD at AM after night or running perfectly it is open since then and running perfectly again All the afternoon for hours it loaded utorrent I cam back from the university and started to play empire total war and lot of MW multiplayer Everything is working perfectly no BSOD But I'm afraid to leave my pc open this night when the BSOD happen I usually have to reboot manually because if it reboot by itself it lead to a DOS screen saying to select a boot device Help me someone I cannot believe me G-skill memory are faulty otherwise they would have failed in-game I suspect nvidia drivers can be responsible for thoses bluescreen The power management tool is not working properly and whatever the option I choose in the nvidia panel it will sometimes lower my frequencies and sometimes it will keep the stock one A strange thing also is that my CPU is lowering it's speed in a kind of power saving option but I turned intel speedstep off so it should not do it should it IS there a problem running pc in mhz I do not want to maintain my FSB to north bridge to mhz all the time cause it heat my system a lot I use that function from time to time for hard gaming sessions crysis for example PLease help Thanks for your help already

A:Random BSOD - Fresh install, fresh system

I think I must also mention that BSOD didnt always give the same message, wich lead me to confusion in my troubleshooting research.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/55675-random-bsod-fresh-install-fresh-system.html
Relevancy 83.42%

Hey, I'm installing windows XP onto a 500 g SATA hard disk that I just installed into a Dell Dimension 9100.

I have an .iso file that I need to place onto a DVD to serve as the OS boot disc. My DVD-R is in my Mac. So i need to burn this .iso file on the mac but have it boot the PC..

What is the proper file extension for the dvd file? is there anything I need to do that I'm missing?

A:Fresh Windows XP Install on a Fresh Hard Drive using a Burned DVD OS install - PLZ HL

http://hints.macworld.com/article.php?story=20060619181010389

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/fresh-windows-xp-install-on-a-fresh-hard-drive-using-a-burned-dvd-os-install-plz-hl.956512/
Relevancy 82.99%

Simply

I have a fresh install of Windows 7...all updates applied both software and firmware, and even though this dvd player/burner was used to install Win7, it does not work after the full install to both read and write to. It is not shown on My Computer and it doesn't list but it does list on the Bios on computer start and is enabled on the motherboard. It is an older IDE dvd burner 16x I believe, and it last operated just fine, (it did, after all, install Win7 from a DVD on fresh install.)

Any ideas?

Much appreciated.

Relevancy 82.99%

Hi Everyone, just joined.
I have just had to do a fresh install of Windows 7 Home premium 64 bit.
A question i have is: are there any methods to find where these updates are being downloaded to, so that i may keep them on a disc for the next time i need to do a fresh install, or do i have to check in installed updates and manually find and download them?

A:Fresh Install - Updates download (Windows 7 )

I'm pretty sure that there is no way to separately save the updates so I guess you will have to go the normal download route.

As an alternative to a fresh install next time why don't you make an image backup when you have the system the way you like it and restore that instead. You will then have most of your updates and installed programs in place.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/201182-fresh-install-updates-download-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 82.99%

my computer spent 5 hours, searching for updates, so i restarted my PC.
i then left my computer running over night. when i awoke, it was still searching for updates.
i tried downloading the SP1 Fix manually, but it just opens a manual installer, then searches my computer for updates.

any ideas?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/new-build-fresh-install-searching-for-updates-1167801.html
Relevancy 82.13%

Re Scores of updates 32 Pro W7 fresh updating bit FAILED of after updates of Scores install FAILED updating after fresh install of W Pro bit I just had a local PC guy who built installed several W Pro PC's over the years with very few problems Early Aug he installed a MB SSD in my desktop did a fresh install from one of my legit copies of W Pro bit He installed most updates and later in the month a bunch of new updates popped up amp I installed them Some installed some failed This morn got Win pop-up suggesting I chk Scores of updates FAILED updating after fresh install of W7 Pro 32 bit some things on my PC that's when I saw all Scores of updates FAILED updating after fresh install of W7 Pro 32 bit the updates that failed installation Don't know whether they were the orig updates or the updates that landed when I just got the PC back My question Is there anyway I can get those failed updates downloaded so I can try installing them again as many were important Scores of updates FAILED updating after fresh install of W7 Pro 32 bit See long image double click of failed updates list below I could not locate an action that would let me download failed updates in a number sequenced txt file Not good information management Shame on you MS

A:Scores of updates FAILED updating after fresh install of W7 Pro 32 bit

Hi,
Personally I'd start over,
There are essentially 3 updates needed for a clean install of windows that will get you updated through April of 2016

KB3020369 & KB3172605 & KB3125574 all can be downloaded from the M$ catalog using internet explorer
Microsoft Update Catalog

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/...ows-7-and-8-1/

To manually install them you will need to ensure the build in windows update service is stopped and disabled first.

If you don't want to start over just make sure KB3020369 & KB3172605 are installed and reset the update system
Use Option 2 on the list after right clicking it and select run as administrator
https://gallery.technet.microsoft.co...Agent-d824badc

Download it to your downloads folder
Right click it and select Extract all to the downloads folder.
Then right click ResetWUEng and select run as administrator
Follow the rest of the prompts
Press any key to continue
Type 2 for that Option on the list and the Enter key to reset update services..
Press y for Yes and then the Enter key I believe twice
After it has completed
Type 15 for that option and the Enter key to restart the machine.
Should say will restart in 60 seconds save your work.... press any key to continue.
After restart go to windows updates and manually check for updates shouldn't take a few minutes.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/399995-scores-updates-failed-updating-after-fresh-install-w7-pro-32-bit.html
Relevancy 82.13%

My daughter bought this Windows OEM OS HP Pavilion g - sa bit Notebook PC around three years ago and lately it was very slow and she asked me to have a look at it As it was three years old I decided Problem Install?. installing Fresh Updates after Windows to do a factory reset from the built in recovery option I copied the files etc she wanted backed up onto my own PC and followed the instruction in the recovery tool All appeared to go well and before continuing I deleted some bloatware including Norton Security which had installed even though I unchecked the box telling it not to I then began the Windows installation bit and eventually got back on line connected to the internet and ready to begin updating the OS intending to go right through to Win After checking for updates it found files which Problem installing Windows Updates after Fresh Install?. I set it to install and when it was finished and I had clicked on restart all went well until it hung on the dreaded while configuring updates I found a solution to this via google but it took a long time hr before it eventually started again and I could sign in I checked and all seemed well so went back to Windows Update and this time I got which installed perfectly as did the files after that I restarted the PC again and went back to Windows update where it found more important updates which failed one had the error code which I solved via the msn walk through I found Problem installing Windows Updates after Fresh Install?. on Google The other which had the error code and was for the HP-Other Hardware HP Wireless Button Driver has proven more difficult as other than an unanswered post here at these forums error code I cannot find any information on at all and this means that I cannot continue installing Windows Updates as it only returns that one when I search Problem being that there must be a lot more to come as the OS is still on Windows it hasn't even reached Windows Can anyone offer me any help advice on this problem Ideally I would appreciate it if there were a shorter way of doing the upgrade to Windows Is it even possible that I could download and create an ISO file to a usb stick I did this already for my own Win desktop upgrade but I had my Windows Owners Pass Code from the box the Home Edition disc came in The laptop here does not have that as it is built into the recovery OEM partition Any advice here would be greatly appreciated as I am kinda stuck now

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/74853-problem-installing-windows-updates-after-fresh-install.html
Relevancy 82.13%

Hello I have a Toshiba laptop that will not do Windows updates It just hangs on checking for updates Here's what I have done completely wiped and reformatted hard drive fresh install of of different versions of windows - Home premium - what the laptop came with and Win starter mine and I have the same problem with both changed update options to check but let me updates fresh on windows hangs of install 7 - for checking install I've done MS fixit in aggressive mode System Update Readiness Tool for Windows KB I've done the stop wuauserv fresh install of windows 7 - hangs on checking for updates and bits services deleted the SoftwareDistribution folder and restarted services It fresh install of windows 7 - hangs on checking for updates just hangs on checking for updates - eventually all network activity stops cpu hangs around and memory at about with all that being taken up by svhost I even fresh install of windows 7 - hangs on checking for updates checked to see if the network adapter needed newer drivers the machine seems to be running fine - I can get online and can install other programs CBS log attached Thanks for your help

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/380038-fresh-install-windows-7-hangs-checking-updates.html
Relevancy 82.13%

Hello Quick recap Thursday I reformatted my pc due to long time issues that finally piled up Fail Install Win 7 64bit Fresh UpdateS Windows I installed windows home bit from my original legit windows upgrade disc I got when windows was released I've used this disc for this before and worked fine The install went smooth and windows activation worked perfectly right when I booted up I was able to activate no problem I installed my drivers and enabled automatic updates Windows went through a series of - updates installing at a time then it had one big spurt of about updates All were installing fine but a few were failing and kept re trying during the next update Finally I'm at a point now where the Windows UpdateS Fail Fresh Win 7 64bit Install same updates keep failing I've tried running Fix it SFC Scan shows no problems System update readiness tool installs and finishes and still The updates fail Attached is the CBS folder Error Windows UpdateS Fail Fresh Win 7 64bit Install s found Code E Code Windows UpdateS Fail Fresh Win 7 64bit Install B Code The Failing updates are KB KB KB KB KB KB KB KB KB I've read online someone suggested to reformat again turn off automatic updates install the Service Pack from the iso from microsofts website then manually install updates like or so at a time until you're all caught up Seems like a hassle but I'm willing to do this if this means it will solve my issue so I'm trying to upload the cbs zip folder and my zip is mb when I try to upload it just times out and gives me a error is there a way I can lower this file size by deleting some of its contents it says the zip limit is only mb but my file is over times that Edit So I tried to make a zip of just the cbs text file inside the cbs folder but that file is still mb when I open the cbs text file thinking I could select half of it and make two separate zip files from two separate text files the problem is this text file is so massive its got to be like over pages long when I drag to select only half of it to copy and paste to a new file I will be here for hours just spinning my mouse wheel hmm Edit okay I think I got it I told WinRAR to split to maximum file size and I think it worked CBS rar

A:Windows UpdateS Fail Fresh Win 7 64bit Install

Pleasefollow the WindowsUpdate Posting Instructions and postthe requested data

If thefile is too large (8MB compressed), remove the older CBSPersist cab files untilthe final file is below the limit - you can always post them separately afterzipping them. (the forum doesn't allow the upload of bare CAB files, for anumber of reasons)

Pleasealso post the C:\Windows\windowsudpate.log file

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/373539-windows-updates-fail-fresh-win-7-64bit-install.html
Relevancy 81.7%

I'm sorry but I'm new of SSD into restarts Fresh 8.1, on BSOD install Fresh at this but I'm at a loss at what I'm suppose to do Just got in the mail ssd's and the HD video card along Fresh install on Fresh SSD of 8.1, restarts into BSOD with a copy of windows complete retail My boot ssd one Fresh install on Fresh SSD of 8.1, restarts into BSOD I'm trying to install on is a gb Mushkin and the other is the one I was going to put games on the gb Mushkin So I hooked the gb one up and put in my install disk for the bit of windows It went through the install fine then it said it needed to restart to complete and when it restarted it gave me the black screen of death It sat there for over minutes then the screen turned to a yellowish orange So I formatted the ssd reinstalled fresh again Same thing I then tried the gb thinking maybe I had a bad ssd Same thing Then I tried an old gb Seagate that I knew worked but I formatted it and installed Same thing So back to the gb I went formatted reinstalled then it did the black screen again So I tried booting over a couple times till it gave me the option to start in safe mode with networking It started in a black screen with the blue windows logo and stayed there for an hour I then tried the command prompt methods of BOOTREC FIXMBR BOOTREC FIXBOOT BOOTREC REBUILDBCD and restarted with same black screen after the rebuildbcd it said copies of windows So I tried to start using the install CD as a recovery drive it brought up the option to install windows I'm not sure how I can get dumps or test stuff if there is no way for me to even get to the actual explorer other than the black screen or the black screen with the blue window logo or even he more rare black screen with underscore blinking Can someone please help me out because after two days I'm at a loss here thanks Mitchell

A:Fresh install on Fresh SSD of 8.1, restarts into BSOD

Hi MitchellTyner,

First, I looked up your motherboard and it does not formally support any OS beyond Windows 7 so that could be an issue right off the bat; however, if you are running the latest BIOS, you could try and set your BIOS to default values and try that clean install without the 7870 first. Then, if it works, you could try installing the 7870 thereafter. BTW, good luck in finding all the correct drivers for your older hardware as well.

Clean Install - Windows 8

my2cents

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/43370-fresh-install-fresh-ssd-8-1-restarts-into-bsod.html
Relevancy 81.7%

Got a BSOD after a clean install of windows 7 and installed some windows updates.
The Norton Anti virus was also uninstallled

Windows 7 Home premium on HP 630 bought in June 2011. 4GB memory, 2.13 Hz , 284 GB, 64bit

A:BSOD after clean install and windows updates error 0x0000003B

Quote: Originally Posted by chakri99

Got a BSOD after a clean install of windows 7 and installed some windows updates.
The Norton Anti virus was also uninstallled

Windows 7 Home premium on HP 630 bought in June 2011. 4GB memory, 2.13 Hz , 284 GB, 64bit

It is much easier to find patterns, etc, when there are more than one crash. We prefer you wait until you have at least two so that if one is corrupt the other probably wont be.
With that said your single crash appears to be caused by a memory exception (probably a driver). Please run these two test to verify your ram and find which driver is at fault.

If you are overclocking anything reset to default before running these tests.
In other words STOP!!!
1-Memtest.

Quote:
*Download a copy of Memtest86 and burn the ISO to a CD using Iso Recorder or another ISO burning program. Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

*Boot from the CD, and leave it running for at least 5 or 6 passes.

Just remember, any time Memtest reports errors, it can be either bad RAM or a bad motherboard slot.

Test the sticks individually, and if you find a good one, test it in all slots.

Any errors are indicative of a memory problem.

If a known good stick fails in a motherboard slot it is probably the slot.

RAM - Test with Memtest86+

2-Driver verifier

Quote:
Using Driver Verifier is an iffy proposition. Most times it'll crash and it'll tell you what the driver is. But sometimes it'll crash and won't tell you the driver. Other times it'll crash before you can log in to Windows. If you can't get to Safe Mode, then you'll have to resort to offline editing of the registry to disable Driver Verifier.

So, I'd suggest that you first backup your stuff and then make sure you've got access to another computer so you can contact us if problems arise. Then make a System Restore point (so you can restore the system using the Vista/Win7 Startup Repair feature).

- Go to Start and type in "verifier" (without the quotes) and press Enter
- Select "Create custom settings (for code developers)" and click "Next"
- Select "Select individual settings from a full list" and click "Next"
- Select everything EXCEPT FOR "Special Pool", "Force Pending I/O Requests" and "Low Resource Simulation" and click "Next"
- Select "Select driver names from a list" and click "Next"
Then select all drivers NOT provided by Microsoft and click "Next"
- Select "Finish" on the next page.

Reboot the system and wait for it to crash to the Blue Screen. Continue to use your system normally, and if you know what causes the crash, do that repeatedly. The objective here is to get the system to crash because Driver Verifier is stressing the drivers out. If it doesn't crash for you, then let it run for at least 36 hours of continuous operation (an estimate on my part).

Reboot into Windows (after the crash) and turn off Driver Verifier by going back in and selecting "Delete existing settings" on the first page, then locate and zip up the memory dump file and upload it with your next post.

Using Driver Verifier to identify issues with Windows drivers for advanced users

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/211210-bsod-after-clean-install-windows-updates-error-0x0000003b.html
Relevancy 81.27%

Trying to install Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (KB936330) , but whenever I try to install it, the error code 80070017 appears saying the update has failed. I have numerous times to install it and it still won't allow me to install the update.

A:Error Code 80070017 when trying to install updates after a clean install.

Have you allowed Windows Update to run automatically to get all the previous updates? it should follow on to install SP1 automatically without intervention.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/error-code-80070017-when-trying-to-install-updates-after-a-clean-install.1004703/
Relevancy 81.27%

I just installed Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit on an HP Envy m6 laptop. I went to check for updates due to the fact that this laptop originally had Windows 8.1. Windows updates just keeping Checking for updates with the green progress bar keeps turning and
turning. I had this problem awhile back and there is an issue with two KB files which are windows update agents but I did not write them down. Does anybody have that information?
Thanking you in advance,
Dennis Sturgill

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/0de5f859-9f60-4f37-bd1d-5b321bf9fc00/after-fresh-install-of-windows-7-home-premium-64-bit-then-running-windows-updates-it-just-keeps?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 81.27%

Seriously what the hell? I bought and clean installed my Windows 7 just two days ago. Since then windows update as downloading updates and yesterday evening I switched off the computer and it installed them all during shutdown. Today it was configuring updates for more then 5 minutes (no percentage changing) and then I just briefly saw "reverting changes" and my event log / administrative events is now flooded with Windows update client messages like "
Installation Failure: Windows failed to install the following update with error 0x800705b4: Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB976662)."
just now when I write this there is a popup "restart your computer to finish installing important updates" but there are no new messages in eventlog so I wonder what was installed (if anything) I will now restart and see...

A:all the updates failed! Fresh install of Win 7 64bit home premium!

Trying running from an elevated command prompt:

sfc /scannow

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/130199-all-updates-failed-fresh-install-win-7-64bit-home-premium.html
Relevancy 81.27%

Code Checking System Update Readiness Binary Version Package Version - - Checking Windows Servicing Packages Checking Package Manifests and Catalogs f CBS MUM Corrupt x F servicing Packages Package for KB bf ad e amd mum Line Fresh Windows install. 7 Ultimate failed/corrupt updates x64 f CBS Catalog Corrupt x B servicing Packages Package for KB bf ad e amd cat f CBS MUM Corrupt Fresh 7 Ultimate x64 install. Windows updates failed/corrupt x F servicing Packages Package for KB bf ad e amd mum Line f CBS Catalog Corrupt x B servicing Packages Package for KB bf ad e amd cat f CBS MUM Corrupt x F servicing Packages Package for KB bf ad e amd mum Line f CBS Catalog Corrupt x B servicing Packages Package for KB bf ad e amd cat f CBS MUM Corrupt x F servicing Packages Package for KB bf ad e amd mum Line f CBS Catalog Corrupt x B servicing Packages Package for KB bf ad e amd cat f CBS MUM Corrupt x F servicing Packages Package for KB bf ad e amd mum Line f CBS Catalog Corrupt x B servicing Packages Package for KB bf ad e amd cat f CBS MUM Corrupt x F servicing Packages Package for KB bf ad e amd mum Line f CBS Catalog Corrupt x B servicing Packages Package for KB bf ad e amd cat f CBS MUM Corrupt x F servicing Packages Package for KB bf ad e amd mum Line f CBS Catalog Corrupt x B servicing Packages Package for KB bf ad e amd cat f CBS MUM Corrupt x F servicing Packages Package for KB bf ad e amd mum Line f CBS Catalog Corrupt x B servicing Packages Package for KB bf ad e amd cat f CBS MUM Corrupt x F servicing Packages Package for KB bf ad e amd mum Line f CBS Catalog Corrupt x B servicing Packages Package for KB bf ad e amd cat f CBS MUM Corrupt x F servicing Packages Package for KB SP bf ad e amd mum Line f CBS Catalog Corrupt x B servicing Packages Package for KB SP bf ad e amd cat f CBS MUM Corrupt x F servicing Packages Package for KB bf ad e amd mum Line f CBS Catalog Corrupt x B servicing Packages Package for KB bf ad e amd cat f CBS MUM Corrupt x F servicing Packages Package for KB SP bf ad e amd mum Line f CBS Catalog Corrupt x B servicing Packages Package for KB SP bf ad e amd cat f CBS MUM Corrupt x F servicing Packages Package for KB bf ad e amd mum Line f CBS Catalog Corrupt x B servicing Packages Package for KB bf ad e amd cat Checking Package Watchlist Checking Component Watchlist Checking Packages Checking Component Store f CSI Manifest All Zeros x winsxs Manifests x microsoft-windows-authentication-authui bf ad e none e c ce e manifest x microsoft-windows-authentication-authui bf ad e none e c ce e f CSI Manifest All Zeros x winsxs Manifests x microsoft-windows-a on-authui resources bf ad e en-us dec b b e manifest x microsoft-windows-a on-authui resources bf ad e en-us dec b b e f CSI Manifest All Zeros x winsxs Manifests amd microsoft-windows-a on-authui resources bf ad e en-us ea ab eccdff manifest amd microsoft-windows-a on-authui resources bf ad e en-us ea ab eccdff f CSI Manifest All Zeros x winsxs Manifests amd microsoft-windows-installer-engine bf ad e none dcfbeca e f manifest amd microsoft-windows-installer-engine bf ad e none dcfbeca e f f CSI Manifest All Zeros x winsxs Manifests wow microsoft-windows-installer-engine bf ad e none be a fe a ec manifest wow microsoft-windows-installer-engine bf ad e none be a fe a ec f CSI Manifest All Zeros x winsxs Manifests wow microsoft-windows-win k bf ad e none df feb b manifest wow microsoft-windows-win k bf ad e none df feb b f CSI Manifest All Zeros x winsxs Manifests wow microsoft-windows-installer-engine bf ad e none c d ae bbf manifest wow microsoft-windows-installer-engine bf ad e none c d ae bbf f CSI Manifest All Zeros x winsxs Manifests amd microsoft-windows-installer-handler bf ad e none d a c ba fb manifest amd microsoft-windows-installer-handler bf ad e none d a c ba fb f CSI Manifest All Zeros x winsxs Manifests x microsoft-windows-installer-handler bf ad e none e a cc c c manifest x microsoft-windows-installer-handler bf ad e none e a cc c c f CSI Manife... Read more

A:Fresh 7 Ultimate x64 install. Windows updates failed/corrupt

scannow comes up with no errors

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/356517-fresh-7-ultimate-x64-install-windows-updates-failed-corrupt.html
Relevancy 81.27%

Hello all I built my first gaming PC last week fresh Numerous install/new windows build BSODs updates.. after on The build went well but the following day I got or random bsod's mainly on start up Updated mobo bios hoping it would solve the problem System was stable for a couple days then started getting bsod's again One on start up one after computer was idle After another crash after booting up my PC last night I decided to do a clean reinstall of Windows bit and just start over Got all quot up to date quot drivers for all components did not install any extra programs other than Steam and Norton Everything Numerous BSODs on fresh install/new build after windows updates.. was running fine until I started performing the numerous Windows Updates Then it started happening again BSOD's I have ran checks on the RAM SSD etc but have come up with no issues Must be a conflict with or more of the windows updates drivers I restored from a previous point where windows was working last night but am getting crashes again now this morning I tried uninstalling Norton to see if that was the issue but that did not help I would really like to figure out what is causing this I have already had or random bsod's this morning Any help would be greatly appreciated I have uploaded the data reports requested in the quot how to post on this thread quot with this post I am new at this but am somewhat technically sound and can give you any info you need to provide me with any help Once again thank you P S My set up- just in case you need it Windows bit OEM i k Asus P z -v gen Corsair Force gb SSD EVGA gtx Seasonic x power supply Corsair h cpu cooling Corsair r case Corsair Vengeance RAM gb

A:Numerous BSODs on fresh install/new build after windows updates..

Re-install Norton. It most likely is not the culprit (assuming it is up to date and the 2012 version) in your crashes and you need a security program installed on your system.

Code:
Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.12.0002.633 AMD64
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Loading Dump File [D:\Kingston\BSODDmpFiles\breakingadam\Windows_NT6_BSOD_jcgriff2\032812-7815-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

Symbol search path is: SRV*C:\SymCache*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7601 (Service Pack 1) MP (8 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS Personal
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`0300c000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`03250650
Debug session time: Wed Mar 28 09:26:19.788 2012 (UTC - 6:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:02:02.505
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 109, {a3a039d898470709, b3b7465eeac3d65f, fffff8000303f817, 1}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32k.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for win32k.sys
Probably caused by : memory_corruption

Followup: memory_corruption
---------

4: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION (109)
This bugcheck is generated when the kernel detects that critical kernel code or
data have been corrupted. There are generally three causes for a corruption:
1) A driver has inadvertently or deliberately modified critical kernel code
or data. See http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/driver/kernel/64bitPatching.mspx
2) A developer attempted to set a normal kernel breakpoint using a kernel
debugger that was not attached when the system was booted. Normal breakpoints,
"bp", can only be set if the debugger is attached at boot time. Hardware
breakpoints, "ba", can be set at any time.
3) A hardware corruption occurred, e.g. failing RAM holding kernel code or data.
Arguments:
Arg1: a3a039d898470709, Reserved
Arg2: b3b7465eeac3d65f, Reserved
Arg3: fffff8000303f817, Failure type dependent information
Arg4: 0000000000000001, Type of corrupted region, can be
0 : A generic data region
1 : Modification of a function or .pdata
2 : A processor IDT
3 : A processor GDT
4 : Type 1 process list corruption
5 : Type 2 process list corruption
6 : Debug routine modification
7 : Critical MSR modification

Debugging Details:
------------------
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x109

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: CODE_CORRUPTION

CURRENT_IRQL: 0

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from 0000000000000000 to fffff80003088d40

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`03377498 00000000`00000000 : 00000000`00000109 a3a039d8`98470709 b3b7465e`eac3d65f fffff800`0303f817 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
STACK_COMMAND: kb

CHKIMG_EXTENSION: !chkimg -lo 50 -d !nt
fffff8000303f8d5 - nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+2e04e... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/221563-numerous-bsods-fresh-install-new-build-after-windows-updates.html
Relevancy 81.27%

My windows7 64bit installation is fine the way it is.

I know it is possible to save the installed updates/fixes which are somewhere on my disk in a windows-folder. I read this somewhere. And later reinstall them all together if I need to reinstall windows7 from the original ISO (which does not have the updates). How do I do this can you guys give me a detailed walk-through?

Also, does it matter in which order I reinstall these updates/fixes with a fresh install of windows7? When I got the updates online I think I remember that some updates were installed in a particular order. So maybe this is important.

A:How to save & reinstall installed updates/fixes with fresh install?

The order is important. That's why it is better to rely on the automatic update. And also, by the time you reinstall (if ever) some of the old updates may have been superseeded by newer ones. A 'manual intervention' is not worth it and bears a lot of risks.

If you want to avoid having to reinstall from scratch one day, make periodic images (with free Macrium). Then you can always go back to a prior image and avoid the painful update process.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/311828-how-save-reinstall-installed-updates-fixes-fresh-install.html
Relevancy 81.27%

I had to do a clean install for a user of mine and I cannot get Windows Updates to install. I've ran the torubleshooter, stopped the wuauserv service and renamed the softeware distribution folder, restarted the BITS service but it's just hung on that screen
When I check the WindowsUpdate.log I have many line like the one below for many KB's:
DtaStor WARNING: Attempted to add URL http://download.windowsupdate.com/d/msdownload/update/software/secu/2016/04/windows6.1-kb3145739-x64_b9ae7ee29555dce4d1a225fd1324176a2538178a.msu for file ua5+4pVV3OTRoiX9EyQXaiU4F4o=
when file has not been previously added to the datastore

how can I get this fixed?

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/e8592be4-ae22-45b7-ac59-f18cb6edea33/fresh-windows-7-install-stuck-at-checking-for-updates-for-hours?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 81.27%

Hi.
I just did a fresh install of Win7 Ultimate SP1 on my PC, since the previous install was all crooked and had problems with viruses.
Now, I would like to keep Win7 just as a temporary tool, since all I want to get is the Win10 Upgrade tool and get the new release.
Since I don't want to install all 230+ Updates before getting the Upgrader (GWX), I'd like to ask which updates I mandatorily have to install in order to get the Upgrader. Microsoft's page regarding the update (KB3035583) does not tell me that I need some updates beforehand.

Any Ideas?

A:Which updates to install on fresh Win7 to get Win10 Upgrade tool?

You still need at least all the Security updates
See this thread for the listing of ones related to the Win 10 upgrade offer
http://www.sevenforums.com/general-d...ows-7-8-a.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/374642-updates-install-fresh-win7-get-win10-upgrade-tool.html
Relevancy 80.41%

Just did a fresh install of Window XP. Went to Windows Update to get current and scan came back clean- nothing needed, not even sp2- NO WAY! I must need a ton of updates, patches, etc- how do I determine what I need in order to get current when MS's own scan says I don't need anything?

Any help would be appreciated!
thanks
WEBZ

A:Solved: Windows Update shows no updates needed on a fresh install of XP- no way!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-update-shows-no-updates-needed-on-a-fresh-install-of-xp-no-way.469613/
Relevancy 80.41%

Basically my old HDD died from bad sectors and I had to format and install Windows Enterprise on a back up hdd that was flooded and stuck on install) fresh clean checking updates Update (on Windows with useless documents from the past Went ahead done what I had to Windows Update stuck on checking updates (on fresh and clean install) do Windows Update stuck on checking updates (on fresh and clean install) and left Windows to check for updates Steam install some games and League of Legends update However everything finished but Windows was still checking for updates and I noticed the svchost exe netsvcs one uses about GB out of RAM Immediately knew that this was caused by the Windows Update service that's under it However turning Windows Update off is never a smart thing to do and I don't have the kind of time to manually download updates I know that it will probably blast me with updates has happened in the past but never used up so much RAM and finished way faster than hours with all my usual post installation stuff Anyways some info you should probably know -I'm using a Wireless adapter TP-LINK TL-WN N and I have read threads here that Windows Update would sometimes fail to do what it should with Wireless adapters unfortunatelly that isn't an option at the moment -Resetting Windows Update manually and through Fix It doesn't work So first thing I'm looking at is updating the Windows Update client please do tell if you think otherwise or if not link me to the newest Windows update client or probbably any hotfixes that could fix the problem never done this before and wouldn't want to mess up so I decided to ask you guys Another short question I have Does editing the group policy to stop Windows Update from auto restarting after updates still work as before I have not done this yet on this computer yet just want to know

A:Windows Update stuck on checking updates (on fresh and clean install)

Hi Qualtrox,
might be due to fact that Enterprise and Ultimate, are different versions.
If you using the Ultimate key on an Enterprise install, or visa versa, then it will hang as its failing validation.
We can check if you run this too, copy/paste the output
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=52012

Roy

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/398302-windows-update-stuck-checking-updates-fresh-clean-install.html
Relevancy 80.41%

Hello

I have bought a new HDD for my laptop which had a mechanical fault. I have accidentally installed the 32bit version of Windows 7 on it, and now that I am trying to reinstall Windows, I get BSOD errors. All I need to know is weather if I wipe the disc completely (not using a Windows CD) is that going to allow me to freshly install Windows (unless of course there is a Hardware error). That is all I need to know and that's why I'm not posting the dumps.

The errors occur when after Windows loads files and says 'Starting Windows' after booting from a Windows CD. The errors I get are 0x000000F4 with the first CD and C000021a (0x00000001) with the other.

Thanks

A:Various BSOD codes when trying to install Windows 7

Only way to really find out whether wiping the drive will help is to go through with it. If you still have problems afterward, that would likely indicate a hardware issue.

Do you need steps to do a full format, or can you do so on your own?

Do you need steps for backing up data prior to wiping the drive?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/various-bsod-codes-when-trying-to-install-windows-7-a-672317.html
Relevancy 78.69%

Hi everyone

I've tried many "solutions" that I've found on this forum, but no one seems to have the same exact problems that I see. Or rather, I see multiple errors but once combined the solutions don't work. I'm not a 10/10 in computer savvyness ... close to a 7?

I fresh installed Windows 7 onto a brand new SSD because I previously thought it was the SSD that kept creating errors. BSOD happened multiple times per day, everyday even when doing nothing. I didn't save the error codes from this install but that was all erased. So I went and bought a new and better SSD.

So on the new SSD. Today specifically it has BSOD three times. I've looked in eventviewer, msconfig, memorytest... I'm running in circles. Where should I start?

Thanks in advance.

A:BSOD after updates, gaming, random times multiple error codes

Hello Slayter, welcome to Sevenforums.

What was the initial reason for needing to install? You were receiving errors/BSOD on another OS or you tried to fresh install on the first SSD and started receiving the BSOD?

Troubleshooting Steps for Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/355083-bsod-after-updates-gaming-random-times-multiple-error-codes.html
Relevancy 78.26%

I'm not sure if this is the right forum for this problem but I will give it a try I am running Win bit About three weeks ago I removed my internet security suite in favor of using Windows firewall and MSE I made sure that the internet security suite was completely removed from my computer I went to Control Panel gt System and Security gt Windows Firewall On the right side of the page it said that Windows Trying When Firewall Error Win7 To MSE Codes Install and Firewall was not using the recommended settings There is a Use Recommended Settings button to Error Codes When Trying To Install MSE and Win7 Firewall the right of that Nothing else was there On the left side of the page was a list which included Turn Windows Error Codes When Trying To Install MSE and Win7 Firewall Firewall on or off When I clicked on the Use Recommended Settings button I got an error message quot Windows Firewall can't change some or your settings quot Error code x c I then clicked on the Turn Windows Firewall on or off link Nothing happened I gave up there and decided to try installing MSE v Another error message with an different error code Error code x I did a Google search found some things that were recommended but nothing seems to work I was thinking of doing a Win repair but not sure if I should try that This HP Pavilion didn't come with a Win CD It came with four restoration disks I do have a Win CD but not sure I want to use it on this computer Any ideas what is wrong or what I should do Thank you

A:Error Codes When Trying To Install MSE and Win7 Firewall

For starters go to the website of the security suite, get the uninstall tool and use it. We can help if you have problems

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/132244-error-codes-when-trying-install-mse-win7-firewall.html
Relevancy 77.4%

I have been getting bsods recently at first it was only when trying to play BF i couldnt play for more than min before bsod now its moving its way into normal functions i will include a dx diag and cpu z txt file Here are the reports from the time frame i recieved the bsod Iwill also include the one i got last night before i gave up Let me know if there is anything else I should include Log Name System Source Microsoft-Windows-WER-SystemErrorReporting Date PM Event ID Task Category None Level Error Keywords Classic User N A Computer Dennis-PC Description The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck The bugcheck was x x xfffffa ee x b b x f A dump was saved in C Windows MEMORY DMP Report Id - install BSOD after Even fresh - Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-WER-SystemErrorReporting quot Guid quot ABCE E -DE - - - FA C quot EventSourceName quot BugCheck quot gt lt EventID Qualifiers quot quot gt lt EventID gt lt Version BSOD Even after fresh install gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt Dennis-PC lt Computer gt lt Security gt lt System gt lt EventData gt lt Data Name quot param quot gt x x xfffffa ee x b b x f lt Data gt lt Data Name quot param quot gt C Windows MEMORY DMP lt Data gt lt Data Name quot param quot gt - - lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt Log Name System Source Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power Date PM Event ID Task Category Level Critical Keywords User SYSTEM Computer Dennis-PC Description The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first This error could be caused if the system stopped responding crashed or lost power unexpectedly Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power quot Guid quot C B A- - C -AC E- C D B quot gt lt EventID gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt Dennis-PC lt Computer gt lt Security UserID quot S- - - quot gt lt System gt lt EventData gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckCode quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt xfffffa ee lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt xb b lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt xf lt Data gt lt Data Name quot SleepInProgress quot gt false lt Data gt lt Data Name quot PowerButtonTimestamp quot gt lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt LAST NIGHT Log Name System Source Microsoft-Windows-WER-SystemErrorReporting Date PM Event ID Task Category None Level Error Keywords Classic User N A Computer Dennis-PC Description The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck The bugcheck was x x xfffffa x b x f A dump was saved in C Windows MEMORY DMP Report Id - - Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-WER-SystemErrorReporting quot Guid quot ABCE E -DE - - - FA C quot EventSourceName quot BugCheck quot gt lt EventID Qualifiers quot quot gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt ... Read more

A:BSOD Even after fresh install

Maybe this will help too

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/446981/bsod-even-after-fresh-install/
Relevancy 77.4%

this is my first custom i can access bios menu on start up all seems fine but if i try to install windows 7 it loads files then blue screen right after the windows load thing pops up. im at a loss here please help

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/379366-bsod-during-fresh-install.html
Relevancy 77.4%

Hi,

I have a Lenovo Windows 7 64bit Computer where I'm getting a BSOD. I've attached the file if someone can help me determine what is causing the crash. I uninstalled and reinstalled the software but I'm wondering if it has something to do with QuickBooks - I see there are error messages in the event log about menu itmes missing.

Ed

A:BSOD - Fresh install

Hello and welcome eclarke if you can boot into safe mode and run these

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/1538-sfc-scannow-command-system-file-checker.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/433-disk-check.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/306445-bsod-fresh-install.html
Relevancy 77.4%

ok so i fresh installed my computer brand new now i have a stock CPU fan and i think my CPU is overheating or something to do with heat or my CPU now the BSOD said it was a Thread or somthing it sounds to me a CPU thread so can you help me out thanks

A:BSOD after fresh Install why?

Quote: Originally Posted by Sam00

ok so i fresh installed my computer brand new now i have a stock CPU fan and i think my CPU is overheating or something to do with heat or my CPU now the BSOD said it was a Thread or somthing it sounds to me a CPU thread so can you help me out thanks

Ok

Where to start

1-SPTD.SYS. used in alcohol/daemon tools is hideous for BSOD's

ASACPI.sys Sun Mar 27 22:30:36 2005

Quote:
The 2005 version of this driver is a known BSOD cause.
Please visit this link: ASUSTeK Computer Inc.-Support- download_item_mkt
Scroll down to the Utilities category, then scroll down to the "ATK0110 driver for WindowsXP/Vista/Windows 7 32&64-bit " (it's about the 8th item down).
Download and install it.
Go to C:\Windows\System32\drivers to check and make sure that the ASACPI.sys file is date stamped from 2009 or 2010 (NOT 2005).

2-Your VB compiler.

This is what caused this crash.

3-AV and firewall. We recommend Microsoft Security Essentials and win 7

4-Memory

Just to be sure I would run memtestDownload a copy of Memtest86 and burn the ISO to a CD using Iso Recorder or another ISO burning program. Boot from the CD, and leave it running for at least 5 or 6 passes.
Just remember, any time Memtest reports errors, it can be either bad RAM or a bad motherboard slot. Test the sticks individually, and if you find a good one, test it in all slots.

Ken

Code:

Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.11.0001.404 X86
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\K\Desktop\111210-12027-01.dmp]

Symbol search path is: SRV*C:\Symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols;srv*e:\symbols
*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7600 MP (4 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS
Built by: 7600.16617.amd64fre.win7_gdr.100618-1621
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`02c18000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`02e55e50
Debug session time: Fri Nov 12 00:55:57.382 2010 (GMT-5)
System Uptime: 0 days 5:57:50.802
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck F4, {3, fffffa8007fb9b30, fffffa8007fb9e10, fffff80002f935d0}

Probably caused by : vbc.exe

---------

3: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION (f4)
A process or thread crucial to system operation has unexpectedly exited or been
terminated.
Several processes and threads are necessary for the operation of the
system; when they are terminated (for any reason), the system can no
longer function.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000003, Process
Arg2: fffffa8007fb9b30, Terminating object
Arg3: fffffa8007fb9e10, Process image file name
Arg4: fffff80002f935d0, Explanatory message (ascii)

Debugging Details:
------------------
PRO... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/124254-bsod-after-fresh-install-why.html
Relevancy 77.4%

hi,,,i have problem with my laptop toshiba satellite L510 Model PSQL8L-00L800

first i just got BSOD cause overheat so i clean it up and everything else after that i try fresh install windows 7 32 bit i got randomly BSOD.

like when i open drive D or just install aplication
here my dump
https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B2wB...it?usp=sharing

A:BSOD after fresh install

Please provide all the files following this tutorial so we can provide a complete analysis: Blue Screen of Death Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/305978-bsod-after-fresh-install.html
Relevancy 77.4%

Thanks in advance for any help I had a nasty virus a month ago can't recall the exact name but something along the lines of Security After cleaning it up with malwarebytes I started getting random interval bsods with different drivers being blamed each time I clean installed xp and even before installing any drivers for video card etc I got a bsod blaming tcpip sys Ran a fresh even after install. Bsod repair and the machine ran for hours while I was at work with nothing installed Once home and starting to Bsod even after fresh install. install drivers for sound video etc the bsods showed up again randomly Some blaming the soundmax drivers some sisnic sys and so on The kicker is that the machine runs absolutely perfect in safe mode Things I have tried clean install times repair from xp cd fix mbr new pagefile sfc scannow swapped out ALL memory cleaned out case wasn't dirty anyways unplugged various hardware still crashed Probably a thousand other things that are slipping my mind at the moment If you need any additional info let me know It's an older build but worked just fine for my needs till all this happened I'm on a budget lately so was hoping to fix this without buying new crap mobo asus p s d-x vcard ati radeon x pro memory gskill gb x power rosewill rp v hd maxtor L R

A:Bsod even after fresh install.

Seems like you did everything else try and run diagnostics on the HDD Download the ISO image for SEAtools for DOS and burn the image with IMGBurn in my signature and boot off of the newly created CD and run the Quick and the Advanced tests on the drive. You can also download the ISO Image for Memtest in my signature and burn the image to CD using IMGBurn and boot off of the that CD with one stick of RAM in at a time and run the test on each stick of RAM separately. If all comes up clean then you can also try using a different PSU.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/bsod-even-after-fresh-install-627309.html
Relevancy 77.4%

Hello All,
Thank you in advance for your assistance. I've been helping a friend with his machine and he just recently started getting BSoDs. He thinks it may have been caused by a World of Warcraft update, but he's continuing to get BSoDs with a fresh install of Win7 Home Premium x64.

The machine is a home-built machine with all components purchased from Newegg or Amazon (Amazon itself and not any sub-retailers that sell on amazon).

Specs:
Motherboard EVGA P55 LE
Graphics: EVGA GTX465
Processor: Core i7-870
Ram: 8GB of Crucial
Age of system: 6 months
OS Age: fresh install for 30 minutes prior to BSoD

Memtest86 was clean for several hours.
Things that were installed prior to the crash:
- Norton 360
- MS office
- Google Chrome
-Nero
-Razer drivers
-EVGA Drivers

A:BSoD - Fresh install

Quote: Originally Posted by realbass1

Hello All,
Thank you in advance for your assistance. I've been helping a friend with his machine and he just recently started getting BSoDs. He thinks it may have been caused by a World of Warcraft update, but he's continuing to get BSoDs with a fresh install of Win7 Home Premium x64.

The machine is a home-built machine with all components purchased from Newegg or Amazon (Amazon itself and not any sub-retailers that sell on amazon).

Specs:
Motherboard EVGA P55 LE
Graphics: EVGA GTX465
Processor: Core i7-870
Ram: 8GB of Crucial
Age of system: 6 months
OS Age: fresh install for 30 minutes prior to BSoD

Memtest86 was clean for several hours.
Things that were installed prior to the crash:
- Norton 360
- MS office
- Google Chrome
-Nero
-Razer drivers
-EVGA Drivers

Well this one points directly to your Norton 360. Remove and replace with Microsoft Security Essentials

Download and run the Norton Removal Tool to uninstall your Norton product | Norton Support

http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/

Code:

Loading Dump File [C:\Users\K\Desktop\Windows_NT6_BSOD_jcgriff2\042011-38921-01.dmp]

Symbol search path is: SRV*C:\Symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols;srv*e:\symbols
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7600 MP (8 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS Personal
Built by: 7600.16385.amd64fre.win7_rtm.090713-1255
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`02e09000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`03046e50
Debug session time: Wed Apr 20 16:43:23.029 2011 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:17:57.091
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 1E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff8800313a5b0, 0, 0}

Unable to load image \??\C:\ProgramData\Norton\{0C55C096-0F1D-4F28-AAA2-85EF591126E7}\N360_4.0.0.127\Definitions\IPSDefs\20091105.001\IDSVia64.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for IDSVia64.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for IDSVia64.sys
Probably caused by : IDSVia64.sys ( IDSVia64+45187 )

---------

6: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (1e)
This is a very common bugcheck. Usually the exception address pinpoints
the driver/function that caused the problem. Always note this address
as well as the link date of the driver/image that contains this address.
Arguments:
Arg1: ffffffffc0000005, The exception code that was not handled
Arg2: fffff8800313a5b0, The address that the exception occurred at
Arg3: 0000000000000000, Parameter 0 of the exception
Arg4: 0000000000000000, Parameter 1 of the exception

Debugging Details:... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/158300-bsod-fresh-install.html
Relevancy 77.4%

My friend has an HP Media Center PC. It had Vista x86 installed when he bought it about 2-3 years ago. It ran fine for a long time but recently began getting the BSOD randomly. He thought it may have been too many antivirus programs along with poor maintenance of it. So he bought Windows7, but doesn't know enough about computers to do it himself so he had me do it. I installed Win7 x86 and installed TrendMicro antivirus, which he also has on his laptop, so he wanted that on his desktop as well. I also installed Office 2003 and a few other progs (firefox, adobe reader, flash.. basic stuff). It still randomly goes to BSOD. I followed your instructions, and am posting the zip file you request.

A:BSOD on fresh install

The volume dirty flag is set on the hard disk.
Try this:

Quote:

CHKDSK /R /F:
Run CHKDSK /R /F from an elevated (Run as adminstrator) Command Prompt. Please do this for each hard drive on your system.
When it tells you it can't do it right now - and asks you if you'd like to do it at the next reboot - answer Y (for Yes) and press Enter. Then reboot and let the test run. It may take a while for it to run, but keep an occasional eye on it to see if it generates any errors. See "CHKDSK LogFile" below in order to check the results of the test.

Elevated Command Prompt:
Go to Start and type in "cmd.exe" (without the quotes)
At the top of the Search Box, right click on Cmd.exe and select "Run as administrator"

CHKDSK LogFile:
Go to Start and type in "eventvwr.msc" (without the quotes) and press Enter
Expand the Windows logs heading, then select the Application log file entry.
Double click on the Source column header.
Scroll down the list until you find the Chkdsk entry (wininit for Win7) (winlogon for XP).
Copy/paste the results into your next post.

Then run another copy of the perfmon report to see if it's still mentioned there.
If so, then try this:

Quote:

H/W Diagnostics:
Please start by running these bootable hardware diagnostics:
http://www.carrona.org/memdiag.html (read the details at the link)
http://www.carrona.org/hddiag.html (read the details at the link)

Also, please run one of these free, independent online malware scans to ensure that your current protection hasn't been compromised: http://www.carrona.org/malware.html (read the details at the link)

There are a couple of Windows Updates missing from your system, please visit Windows Update and get all the updates available for your system.

Please update your modem drivers and your network drivers (the wired one's built into your system's nVidia nForce chipset) as they are dated from 2008

9 memory dumps
6 different BSOD error codes, blaming at least 4 different causes
This is most likely a hardware problem (so running the diagnostics above is essential).

One of the memory dump files blames Vsapint.sys - a driver file from company Trend Micro Inc. Please do the following:

Quote:

Anti-Virus Removal:
Please do the following:
- download a free antivirus for testing purposes: http://www.carrona.org/freeav.html
- uninstall the Trend Micro from your system (you can reinstall it, if so desired, when we're done troubleshooting)
- remove any remnants of Trend Micro using this free tool: http://esupport.trendmicro.com/1/How...n-my-comp.aspx
- IMMEDIATELY install and update the free antivirus
- check to see if this fixes the BSOD's

BSOD BUGCHECK SUMMARY

Code:

Built by: 7600.16617.x86fre.win7_gdr.100618-1621
Debug session time: Wed Nov 17 11:03:44.217 2010 (UTC - 5:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:18:48.090
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for tmxpflt.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for tmxpflt.sys
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for vsapint.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for vsapint.sys
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x50
Bugcheck code 00000050
Arguments cccccc06 00000001 8ff79c07 00000002
Built by: 7600.16617.x86fre.win7_gdr.100618-1621
Debug session time: Tue Nov 16 20:26:59.503 2010 (UTC - 5:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:44:51.376
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for vsapint.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for vsapint.sys
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for tmxpflt.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for tmxpflt.sys
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x1a_41287
DEFAULT_B... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-on-fresh-install-530083.html
Relevancy 77.4%

Hello fellow PC users

I recently installed Windows 8.1 Pro x64 and the correct up to date drivers for my hardware. I experience a BSOD, it doesn't go into the BSOD right away but after 15-30 minutes of use I get the BSOD with the "page fault in nonpaged area" message.

I have attached my debugfiles and hope that someone much brighter than me in deciphering these files can lend me a hand at fixing this issue.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Found out it was my new Panda Cloud Free Antivirus. I deleted the POS and installed something else, now no more BSODs.

A:BSOD on fresh Win 8.1 Pro x64 install

Hi DamZe & Welcome to the forums ^_^,

Thanks for posting back the solution ^_^.

If you uninstalled the product directly then please make sure that you run this **TOOL** so that the leftover files are deleted of the Panda Cloud AV.

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/52994-bsod-fresh-win-8-1-pro-x64-install.html
Relevancy 77.4%

Can anyone tell me how I can resolve this BSOD I have included the dump file It means nothing to meSYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION b An exception happened while executing a system service routine Arguments Arg c Exception code that caused the bugcheckArg fffff de b Address of the instruction which caused the bugcheckArg fffff c e e Address of the context BSOD fresh install after record for the exception that caused the bugcheckArg zero Debugging Details ------------------TRIAGER Could not open triage file e dump analysis program triage modclass ini error EXCEPTION CODE NTSTATUS xc - The instruction at x lx referenced memory at x lx The memory could not be s FAULTING IP tbs b fffff de b ff call qword ptr r h CONTEXT fffff c e BSOD after fresh install e -- cxr xfffff c e e rax ffff cd b rbx BSOD after fresh install fffff c f rcx fffffa d rdx rsi fffffa d rdi fffffa d f rip fffff de b rsp fffff c f c rbp fffffa b b r fffff c f r fffffa dbe f r r r fffffa dbe f r fffffa d r r iopl nv up ei pl zr na po nccs ss ds b es b fs gs b efl tbs x b fffff de b ff call qword ptr r h ds b fffffa dbe fd Resetting default scopeDEFAULT BUCKET ID WIN DRIVER FAULTBUGCHECK STR x BPROCESS NAME dvbdream exeCURRENT IRQL LAST CONTROL TRANSFER from to fffff de b STACK TEXT fffff c f c tbs x b FOLLOWUP IP tbs b fffff de b ff call qword ptr r h SYMBOL STACK INDEX SYMBOL NAME tbs b FOLLOWUP NAME MachineOwnerMODULE NAME tbs IMAGE NAME tbs sysDEBUG FLR IMAGE TIMESTAMP e bSTACK COMMAND cxr xfffff c e e kbFAILURE BUCKET ID X x B tbs b BSOD after fresh install BUCKET ID X x B tbs b Followup MachineOwner

I would guess that it's more than just a "fresh install" because the software that's causing your problem is DVB Dream. I googled it & it's a program that allows you to watch satellite TV on your computer. It's not a part of Windows so you must have installed it afterwards. Either that or you have a modified Windows installation disc.

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-7/bsod-after-fresh-install/18856.html
Relevancy 77.4%

Let me know what you need. Just installed a fresh x64 pro on a new mb. ive been crashing non stop so it seems to be gpu, ram, or cpu. <3 Thanks guys.

A:bsod after fresh install

im having BSOD errors with my new and first build. Have been trouble shooting for days. even with fresh install...everything tested fine but somewhere somehow there is a sofware error. Reinstallation fixes it for awhile but then its back. Do you game, maybe thats part of it, battlefield bad company 2 is the usual cause but not always. maybe someone will help us lets cross out fingers

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/147793-bsod-after-fresh-install.html
Relevancy 77.4%

Just did a fresh install a couple days ago, and still getting multiple BSOD`s. I have basicly just let the rig sit there with the power on to see if it was stable. It was not....

I have not installed any drivers or anything myself. Just webbrowsers, spotify and fan control software from ASrock

I sure hope someone is able to understand what is going on :)

My hardware is a few years old, but have not been acting up like this before.
Memtest passes with no faults. Must be a windows 10 thing

perfmon.zip

SysnativeFileCollectionApp.zip

OS - Windows10 x64

? CPU - I5 2500K
? AMD HD7870
? ASrock Z77 Pro4
Nvidia 7870
16GB Corsair DDR3 RAM
? 1200W Gold standard PSU
2x128GB SSD in Raid0

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-s-on-fresh-install-1161985.html
Relevancy 77.4%

I just did a fresh install of Windows 7 Professional 32bit. Everything seems to be going fine, but shortly after I log in (anywhere from 15 seconds, to a couple of minutes), it BSOD's.

I can boot into safe mode fine without this happening.

The only odd thing I've noticed, is if I open up Internet Explorer, that causes a BSOD almost immediately.

Attached my log, thanks!

Quote: Originally Posted by marble1980

I just did a fresh install of Windows 7 Professional 32bit. Everything seems to be going fine, but shortly after I log in (anywhere from 15 seconds, to a couple of minutes), it BSOD's.

I can boot into safe mode fine without this happening.

The only odd thing I've noticed, is if I open up Internet Explorer, that causes a BSOD almost immediately.

Attached my log, thanks!

This crash was caused by hardware. Please go here to find out what it means and what to try. Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try
Ken

DMP

Code:

Loading Dump File [C:\Users\K\Desktop\101010-15958-01.dmp]

Symbol search path is: SRV*C:\symbols;*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols/;srv*e:\symbols
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7600 MP (4 procs) Free x86 compatible
Built by: 7600.16385.x86fre.win7_rtm.090713-1255
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0x82817000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0x8295f810
Debug session time: Sun Oct 10 13:19:51.339 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:04:18.399
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
3: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (124)
A fatal hardware error has occurred. Parameter 1 identifies the type of error
source that reported the error. Parameter 2 holds the address of the
WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure that describes the error conditon.
Arguments:
Arg1: 00000000, Machine Check Exception
Arg2: 85cdf01c, Address of the WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure.
Arg3: b66cc000, High order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.
Arg4: dc000135, Low order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.

Debugging Details:
------------------
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x124_AuthenticAMD

PROCESS_NAME: SearchIndexer.

CURRENT_IRQL: 1f

STACK_TEXT:
8c53e8cc 82c35f3f 00000124 00000000 85cdf01c nt!KeBugCheckEx+0x1e
8c53e908 828e5f04 85cbd051 85cdf01c 8287f4f0 hal!HalBugCheckSystem+0xab
8c53e938 82c361f1 85d57ca0 82c43e40 00000000 nt!WheaReportHwError+0x230
8c53ea4c 82c362e3 85d57ca0 85d57cf0 00000000 hal!HalpMcaReportError+0x3b
8c53ea70 82c3654f 00000000 85d57cf0 8c53eb90 hal!HalpMceHandler+0x8b
8c53ea80 82c2c5f5 00000000 00000000 00000000 hal!HalpHandleMachineCheck+0x3b
8c53eb90 82c29261 00000000 8c539750 00000000 hal!HalpMcaExceptionHandler+0x87
8c53eb90 00000000 00000000 8c539750 00000000 hal!HalpMcaExceptionHandlerWrapper+0x89

FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: hardware

IMAGE_NAME: hardware

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 0

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x124_AuthenticAMD_PROCESSOR_CACHE

BUCKET_ID: 0x124_AuthenticAMD_PROCESSOR_CACHE

---------

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/117048-bsod-after-fresh-install.html
Relevancy 77.4%

Just did a fresh install a couple days ago, and still getting multiple BSOD`s. I have basicly just let the rig sit there with the power on to see if it was stable. It was not....

I have not installed any drivers or anything myself. Just webbrowsers, spotify and fan control software from ASrock

I sure hope someone is able to understand what is going on
DESKTOP-9A0MGS7-07-Oct-16_101952_34.zip

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/66211-bsod-fresh-install.html
Relevancy 77.4%

Hi I am new here but I have been lurking for a little while I am in the need of some BSOD Install Fresh BSOD help We were having issues with a Dell e with an i GB Ram loaded with Win XP After Id a NIC driver as the issue per a dell rep we eventually decided to move to Windows bit After the install it has been BSOD hell The machine is used for a software developer who works for me here is the most common crash dump ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR A fatal hardware error has occurred Parameter identifies the type of error source that reported the error Parameter holds the address of the WHEA ERROR RECORD structure that describes the error conditon Arguments Arg Machine Check Exception Arg fffffa Address of the WHEA ERROR RECORD structure Arg b High order -bits of the MCi STATUS value Arg Low order -bits of the MCi STATUS value Debugging Details ------------------ BUGCHECK STR x GenuineIntel CUSTOMER CRASH COUNT DEFAULT BUCKET ID VISTA DRIVER FAULT PROCESS NAME System CURRENT IRQL f BSOD Fresh Install STACK TEXT fffff efa fffff ca b fffffa b nt KeBugCheckEx fffff efa fffff d d d fffffa a ce fffffa a d hal HalBugCheckSystem x e fffff efaa fffff c fffffa a ce fffff efe fffff efe nt WheaReportHwError x fffff efb fffff c fffffa a ce fffff efe fffffa a ce hal HalpMcaReportError x c fffff efc fffff bf d fffff efeb hal HalpMceHandler x e fffff efc fffff ffe fffff e hal HalpMceHandlerWithRendezvous x fffff efcc fffff c ef c hal HalHandleMcheck x fffff efcf fffff c ed nt KxMcheckAbort x c fffff efe fffff ecc nt KiMcheckAbort x fffff c c intelppm x c STACK COMMAND kb FOLLOWUP NAME MachineOwner MODULE NAME hardware IMAGE NAME hardware DEBUG FLR IMAGE TIMESTAMP FAILURE BUCKET ID X x GenuineIntel PROCESSOR CACHE BUCKET ID X x GenuineIntel PROCESSOR CACHE Followup MachineOwner --------- Dell has me re-installing drivers and disabling startup progs I don t think thats the issue I am starting to have similar issues with an identical laptop Other then Office Eset Nod Visual Studio there is nothing else on this machine Ran Mem test dell diagnostics all checked out we also got a BSOD recently during startup I will load that dump shortly

A:BSOD Fresh Install

have you verified that you are running the most recent BIOS updates?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/389514/bsod-fresh-install/
Relevancy 77.4%

Hey guys I have a client that was having did - BSOD install fresh Just problems with her machine crashing Brand new BSOD - Just did fresh install Dell Optiplex Intel Core Duo Ghz GB Win Pro Bit Intel Graphics Running Vipre Antivirus Mozy Online Backup and variety of other programs Word Office HotDocs I formatted the machine the other day as she was having problems originally so I decided to wipe the preloaded image and start over Today day later she was having problem connecting remotely using Logmein Pro WhoCrashed On Fri PM GMT your computer BSOD - Just did fresh install crashed crash dump file C Windows memory BSOD - Just did fresh install dmp This was probably caused by the following module cdd dll cdd xDC Bugcheck code x xFFFFF C A x xFFFFF BDC x Error PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA file path C Windows system cdd dll product Microsoft Windows Operating System company Microsoft Corporation description Canonical Display Driver Bug check description This indicates that invalid system memory has been referenced This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module Your system configuration may be incorrect Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system which cannot be identified at this time I attached the memory dump but I have been beating my head on this Was going to remove Vipre for a week and see how it goes but I haven't had any issue with this AV before

A:BSOD - Just did fresh install

Your RaInfo.sys, part of LogMeIn seems to be the cause. Please remove this software

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/158716-bsod-just-did-fresh-install.html
Relevancy 77.4%

I was instructed by the PC shop to re-install windows 7 after they were unable to find any hardware problems which were causing my system to BSOD or randomly reboot.

Today I did a fresh install of Windows 7 Pro 64-bit, Office 2010 and install all important security updates. Within hrs of completing the installation my system has BSOD twice, for different reasons each time.

I would like some ammunition before heading back to the PC shop.

Any help in resolving this would be great.

Uploading dump collection for both crashes.

Also uploaded windows debug output.

Thanks

There is a high probability that your CPU is defective, are you overlocking?
Dumps directly blame a hardware fault in your CPU, i would recommend that you replace it
Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try

Information
Go to your motherboard's website and check your version of your BIOS. See if there are any problems you are having that are solved by a a later version. I do not often recommend flashing the BIOS because there is a risk involved. If there is problem addressed by a BIOS that applies to your computer, consider flashing your BIOS to the latest version. If you choose to do this, flash you BIOS outside of Windows.

Run Prime 95 again to test your CPU and your ram. Carefully the instructions in this tutorial: CPU - Stress Test with Prime95. Run 3 separate tests, one on each of the settings (Blend, Small FFTs, Large FFTs). Post back with your results.

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 124, {0, fffffa8007eae028, f2000000, 10005}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\intelppm.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for intelppm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for intelppm.sys
Probably caused by : hardware
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000000, Machine Check Exception
Arg2: fffffa8007eae028, Address of the WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure.
Arg3: 00000000f2000000, High order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.
Arg4: 0000000000010005, Low order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.

Debugging Details:
------------------
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x124_GenuineIntel

CURRENT_IRQL: f

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`031ddb58 fffff800`02a22a3b : 00000000`00000124 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`07eae028 00000000`f2000000 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`031ddb60 fffff800`02be67d3 : 00000000`00000001 fffffa80`07eb1a60 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`07eb1ab0 : hal!HalBugCheckSystem+0x1e3
fffff880`031ddba0 fffff800`02a22700 : 00000000`00000728 fffffa80`07eb1a60 fffff880`031ddf30 fffff880`031ddf00 : nt!WheaReportHwError+0x263
fffff880`031ddc00 fffff800`02a22052 : fffffa80`07eb1a60 fffff880`031ddf30 fffffa80`07eb1a60 00000000`00000000 : hal!HalpMcaReportError+0x4c
fffff880`031ddd50 fffff800`02a21f0d : 00000000`00000008 00000000`00000001 fffff880`031ddfb0 00000000`00000000 : hal!HalpMceHandler+0x9e
fffff880`031ddd90 fffff800`02a15e88 : 00000000`00000002 fffff880`031d5180 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : hal!HalpMceHandlerWithRendezvous+0x55
fffff880`031dddc0 fffff800`02ad7f2c : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : hal!HalHandleMcheck+0x40
fffff880`031dddf0 fffff800`02ad7d93 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KxMcheckAbort+0x6c
fffff880`031ddf30 fffff880`047dec61 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiMcheckAbort+0x153
fffff880`031fdc98 00000000`00000000 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : intelppm+0x2c61

MODULE_NAME: hardware

IMAGE_NAME: hardware

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 0

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x124_GenuineIntel_PROCESSOR_MAE

BUCKET_ID: X64_0x124_GenuineIntel_PROCESSOR_M... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/160678-bsod-after-fresh-install.html
Relevancy 77.4%

I installed an SSD and put a new copy of win 7 pro on it, within a day it crashed. I rarely ever see the BSOD, I usually see the windows has recovered from an unexpected error screen.

The new installation only has a few application installed, mostly just window updates, microsoft security essentials, steam.

I ran memtest and didnt come up with any errors.

A:fresh install still get BSOD

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (a)
An attempt was made to access a pageable (or completely invalid) address at an
interrupt request level (IRQL) that is too high. This is usually
caused by drivers using improper addresses.
If a kernel debugger is available get the stack backtrace.
Arguments:
Arg1: 00005a800ac1c3bb, memory referenced
Arg2: 0000000000000002, IRQL
Arg3: 0000000000000000, bitfield :
bit 0 : value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation
bit 3 : value 0 = not an execute operation, 1 = execute operation (only on chips which support this level of status)
Arg4: fffff80002a8a3c9, address which referenced memory

Debugging Details:
------------------

TRIAGER: Could not open triage file : e:\dump_analysis\program\triage\modclass.ini, error 2

READ_ADDRESS: GetPointerFromAddress: unable to read from fffff80002cb1100
GetUlongFromAddress: unable to read from fffff80002cb11c0
00005a800ac1c3bb Nonpaged pool

CURRENT_IRQL: 2

FAULTING_IP:
nt!MiUnlinkPageFromLockedList+169
fffff800`02a8a3c9 410fb6511b movzx edx,byte ptr [r9+1Bh]

BUGCHECK_STR: 0xA

PROCESS_NAME: csrss.exe

TRAP_FRAME: fffff88007baf5d0 -- (.trap 0xfffff88007baf5d0)
NOTE: The trap frame does not contain all registers.
Some register values may be zeroed or incorrect.
rax=0000020000395ebe rbx=0000000000000000 rcx=00000000003960a7
rdx=0000000000000000 rsi=0000000000000000 rdi=0000000000000000
rip=fffff80002a8a3c9 rsp=fffff88007baf760 rbp=0000000000000000
r8=fffff88007baf790 r9=00005a800ac1c3a0 r10=0000000000000001
r11=0000000000000001 r12=0000000000000000 r13=0000000000000000
r14=0000000000000000 r15=0000000000000000
iopl=0 nv up ei pl nz na po nc
nt!MiUnlinkPageFromLockedList+0x169:
fffff800`02a8a3c9 410fb6511b movzx edx,byte ptr [r9+1Bh] ds:00005a80`0ac1c3bb=??
Resetting default scope

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from fffff80002a791a9 to fffff80002a79c00

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`07baf488 fffff800`02a791a9 : 00000000`0000000a 00005a80`0ac1c3bb 00000000`00000002 00000000`00000000 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`07baf490 fffff800`02a77e20 : fffff880`07baf670 fffffa80`10d36ca0 fffff880`00000000 fffffa80`0ac1f370 : nt!KiBugCheckDispatch+0x69
fffff880`07baf5d0 fffff800`02a8a3c9 : fffffa80`0abf2340 00000000`00000005 fffff800`02cb4d48 fffff680`00021240 : nt!KiPageFault+0x260
fffff880`07baf760 fffff800`02aaa06b : fffffa80`0ac1f370 fffffa80`0dc24ec8 00000000`00000000 0004d80c`00000080 : nt!MiUnlinkPageFromLockedList+0x169
fffff880`07baf7e0 fffff800`02a96c8f : 00000000`00000001 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`113f0000 fffffa80`0dc24ec8 : nt!MiResolveTransitionFault+0x16b
fffff880`07baf870 fffff800`02a86179 : fffffa80`113f9420 ffffffff`ffffffff fffffa80`0f2d7b50 00000000`00000000 : nt!MiDispatchFault+0x95f
fffff880`07baf980 fffff800`02a77d2e : 00000000`00000001 00000000`042490ae 00000000`0049bb01 00000000`004066c0 : nt!MmAccessFault+0x359
fffff880`07bafae0 00000000`76fc676f : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiPageFault+0x16e
00000000`057dedd0 00000000`00000000 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : 0x76fc676f

FOLLOWUP_IP:
nt!MiUnlinkPageFromLockedList+169
fffff800`02a8a3c9 410fb6511b movzx edx,byte ptr [r9+1Bh]

SYMBOL_STACK_INDEX: 3

SYMBOL_NAME: nt!MiUnlinkPageFromLockedList+169

MO... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/286295-fresh-install-still-get-bsod.html
Relevancy 77.4%

Hello. I'm working on my cousins computer. Upon starting windows i catch a BSOD 75% of the time. Other times it will freeze on the "Starting Windows" screen.

I've used UBCD to format the HDD
I've used UBCD Memtest86 - Test passed
I've tried using the system restore disk provided by the manufacturer
I've physically inspected the computer and have reseated power cables and RAM

Please help, Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Quote: Originally Posted by Nano3

Hello. I'm working on my cousins computer. Upon starting windows i catch a BSOD 75% of the time. Other times it will freeze on the "Starting Windows" screen.

I've used UBCD to format the HDD
I've used UBCD Memtest86 - Test passed
I've tried using the system restore disk provided by the manufacturer
I've physically inspected the computer and have reseated power cables and RAM

Please help, Any input would be greatly appreciated!

Boot into safe mode (or boot from win 7dvd) and find DMP files to upload to us.

To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.

The procedure:

* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.

To ensure minidumps are enabled:

Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
OK your way out.
Reboot if changes have been made.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/177804-bsod-after-fresh-install.html
Relevancy 77.4%

Hi,

I had the same problem that others have had with the new nVidia driver causing a BSOD but mine seem to be a little worse off. After uninstalling the nVidia driver the defult windows drivers caused my computer to just black screen after boot. I would see the windows 7 load screen but never the login screen (just black w/ no mouse). So I decided to fresh install by formatting and installing.

After fresh install the same problem happens upon first true boot I see the black screen only. After about 10-30 seconds the BSOD will appear saying it is there due to video card driver timeout. I dont know what i should try next since I am on my 3rd fresh install with the same problem.

I installed XP again and all is fine with the most up to date video driver as well.

Any ideas?

Another update, I was wrong in saying that windows 7 ever fully installed, it will go to a black screen now before instalation is complete...

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/90573-bsod-after-fresh-install.html
Relevancy 77.4%

hey I just installed Windows Ultimate bit after Fresh BSOD Install on my PC But from time to time I got a BSOD this is a new fresh clean install The only thing I have done is updating drivers and windows updates I do have one windows update that won t install KB code B I did Memtest I tested my rams separately both in the slots they were located all passed up to tests without any errorsSFC Scannow no errors all fineShckdsk in step it replaced files replaced bad clusters BSOD after Fresh Install in file Prime could not start the blend test hardware error occurredThanks in advance Here is my BlueScreenView Logs Dump File - - dmp Crash Time Bug Check String SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION Bug Check Code x b Parameter c d Parameter fffff d Parameter fffff abb b Parameter Caused By Driver win k sys Caused By Address win k sys File Description Product Name Company File Version Processor x Crash Address ntoskrnl exe f BSOD after Fresh Install c Stack Address Stack Address Stack Address Computer Name Full Path C Windows Minidump - - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File Size Dump File - - dmp Crash Time Bug Check String IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL Bug Check Code x a Parameter fffff f Parameter Parameter Parameter fffff db Caused By Driver ntoskrnl exe Caused By Address ntoskrnl exe f c File Description NT Kernel amp System Product Name Microsoft Windows Operating System Company Microsoft Corporation File Version win sp gdr - Processor x Crash Address ntoskrnl exe f c Stack Address Stack Address Stack Address Computer Name Full Path C Windows Minidump - - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File Size Dump File - - dmp Crash Time Bug Check String IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL Bug Check Code x a Parameter fffff ec c Parameter Parameter Parameter fffff b db Caused By Driver ntoskrnl exe Caused By Address ntoskrnl exe f c File Description NT Kernel amp System Product Name Microsoft Windows Operating System Company Microsoft Corporation File Version win sp gdr - Processor x Crash Address ntoskrnl exe f c Stack Address Stack Address Stack Address Computer Name Full Path C Windows Minidump - - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File Size Dump File - - dmp Crash Time Bug Check String SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION Bug Check Code x b Parameter c Parameter fffff a Parameter fffff bad Parameter Caused By Driver cdd dll Caused By Address cdd dll a File Description Product Name Company File Version Processor x Crash Address ntoskrnl exe f c Stack Address Stack Address Stack Address Computer Name Full Path C Windows Minidump - - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File Size Dump File - - dmp Crash Time Bug Check String DRIVER CORRUPTED MMPOOL Bug Check Code x d Parameter fffff c Parameter Parameter Parameter fffff c Caused By Driver ntoskrnl exe Caused By Address ntoskrnl exe f c File Description NT Kernel amp System Product Name Microsoft Windows Operating System Company Microsoft Corporation File Version win sp gdr - Processor x Crash Address ntoskrnl exe f c Stack Address Stack Address Stack Address Computer Name Full Path C Windows Minidump - - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File Size Dump File - - dmp Crash Time Bug Check String PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA Bug Check Code x Parameter fffffa c c Parameter Parameter fffff fcdc Parameter Caused By Driver ntoskrnl exe Caused By Address ntoskrnl exe f c File Description NT Kernel amp System Product Name Microsoft Windows Operating System Company Microsoft Corporation File Version win sp gdr - Processor x Crash Address ntoskrnl exe f c Stack Address Stack Address Stack Address Computer Name Full Path C Windows Minidump - - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File Size Dump File - - dmp Crash Time Bug Check String SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION Bug Check Code x b Parameter c Parameter Parameter fffff Parameter Caused By Driver ntoskrnl exe Caused By Address ntoskrnl exe f c File Description NT Kernel amp System Produc... Read more

A:BSOD after Fresh Install

Hello zyon1989,The BlueScreenView report is varied and can implicate many causes.Memtest86: I tested my 2 rams separately both in the 2 slots they were located, all passed up to 9 tests without any errorsI hope you meant "9 passes" as 9 tests aren't even one pass. For moderate confidence in the memory, I would recommend running the test for 12 hours (overnight). There should be no errors reported.Shckdsk: in step 4 it replaced 2 files: replaced bad clusters in file ...Let's have a look at that Check Disk report:In the search box type "Event" and click on "Event Viewer" in top column.Click on "Windows Logs" -->"Application." Click the "Source" tab ( top, right) to alphabetize that column.Arrow down to "Winlogon" and select the most recent Check Disk report.Double click on it and select the "Copy" button. This will copy the report to the clipboard.Copy this into your next post.To help us get a better look at your computer hardware, please follow the instructions below to "Publish a Snapshot" of your system using Speccy.http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792Below is for those who cannot get online:Please take caution when attaching a text file to your post if you cannot copy/paste the link, per above instructions. You will need to edit the text file to make sure that your Windows Key is not present.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/466305/bsod-after-fresh-install/
Relevancy 77.4%

Hi all,

I'm getting pretty desperate... I have a new Sony Vaio laptop on which I installed a clean Windows and all original drivers. As I kept getting BSODs I decided to do a fresh install, but now I get BSODs even without any drivers installed.

Could anyone check this minidump to try and find out what is causing this? Don't feel like tossing out a brand new laptop...

Thanks a bunch!
Sis
Attachment 154772

Stop 0x124:

BugCheck 124, {0, fffffa80067b1028, ba000000, 400405}
Stack: nt, hal

(Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try)

1. Check the hardware settings:

- cpuz MEMORY tab
- cpuz CPU tab
- Passmark RAMMon HTML.zip

A good idea to check for drivers drivers too,
(although with hal on stack driver updates won't fix you, just a good idea)

2. Citrix Deterministic Network Enhancer
dne64x.sys Mon Nov 10 20:01:24 2008

3. Sony Firmware Extension Parser
SFEP.sys Fri Nov 27 00:39:13 2009

CRASH DUMPS

Code:

Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.12.0002.633 AMD64

Loading Dump File [F:\DMP\051611-69716-01.dmp]

Symbol search path is: SRV*c:\websymbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7600 MP (8 procs) Free x64
Built by: 7600.16539.amd64fre.win7_gdr.100226-1909
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`0281d000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`02a5ae50
Debug session time: Mon May 16 07:26:46.461 2011 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:26:57.982
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 124, {0, fffffa80067b1028, ba000000, 400405}

---------

7: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000000, Machine Check Exception
Arg2: fffffa80067b1028, Address of the WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure.
Arg3: 00000000ba000000, High order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.
Arg4: 0000000000400405, Low order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.

Debugging Details:
------------------

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x124_GenuineIntel

PROCESS_NAME: McShield.exe

CURRENT_IRQL: f

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`0318eb58 fffff800`02e0b903 : 00000000`00000124 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`067b1028 00000000`ba000000 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`0318eb60 fffff800`029a34d3 : 00000000`00000001 fffffa80`067a8510 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`067a8560 : hal!HalBugCheckSystem+0x1e3
fffff880`0318eba0 fffff800`02e0b5c8 : 00000000`00000728 fffffa80`067a8510 fffff880`0318ef30 fffff880`0318ef00 : nt!WheaReportHwError+0x263
fffff880`0318ec00 fffff800`02e0af1a : fffffa80`067a8510 fffff880`0318ef30 fffffa80`067a8510 00000000`00000000 : hal!HalpMcaReportError+0x4c
fffff880`0318ed50 fffff800`02e0add5 : 00000000`00000008 00000000`00000001 fffff880`0318efb0 00000000`00000000 : hal!HalpMceHandler+0x9e
fffff880`0318ed90 ... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/163542-bsod-after-fresh-install.html
Relevancy 77.4%

I have an HP tx 8 Win Install BSOD on Fresh z- AMD Turion BSOD on Fresh Win 8 Install X Dual-Core Mobile RM- GHz gb Ram ATI Radeon HD running windows -bit I've tried installing Windows a few times each time keep getting bluescreens I did a fresh install tonight and immediately got BSODs I downloaded BlueScreenView and have copied pasted the info from the dumps below Any suggestions would be most helpful BSOD Dump File - - dmp Crash Time PM Bug Check String NTFS FILE SYSTEM Bug Check Code x Parameter b b Parameter fffff df e Parameter fffff defd Parameter fffff c f Caused By Driver Ntfs sys Caused By Address Ntfs sys cf File Description Product Name Company File Version Processor x Crash Address ntoskrnl exe b Stack Address Stack Address Stack Address Computer Name Full Path C Windows Minidump - - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File Size BSOD Dump File - - dmp Crash Time PM Bug Check String KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED Bug Check Code x e Parameter ffffffff c Parameter fffff e f Parameter Parameter ffffffff ffffffff Caused By Driver Ntfs sys Caused By Address Ntfs sys File Description Product Name Company File Version Processor x Crash Address ntoskrnl exe b Stack Address Stack Address Stack Address Computer Name Full Path C Windows Minidump - - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File Size

A:BSOD on Fresh Win 8 Install

Just had another bluescreen:

BSOD 3
==================================================
Dump File : 112212-18283-01.dmp
Crash Time : 11/22/2012 9:35:36 PM
Bug Check String : KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
Bug Check Code : 0x0000001e
Parameter 1 : ffffffff`c0000005
Parameter 2 : fffff803`e4ec46c1
Parameter 3 : 00000000`00000000
Parameter 4 : ffffffff`ffffffff
Caused By Driver : ntoskrnl.exe
Caused By Address : ntoskrnl.exe+7b040
File Description :
Product Name :
Company :
File Version :
Processor : x64
Crash Address : ntoskrnl.exe+7b040
Stack Address 1 :
Stack Address 2 :
Stack Address 3 :
Computer Name :
Full Path : C:\Windows\Minidump\112212-18283-01.dmp
Processors Count : 2
Major Version : 15
Minor Version : 9200
Dump File Size : 278,512
==================================================

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/13913-bsod-fresh-win-8-install.html
Relevancy 77.4%

Hi so this is a fresh install of Windows 7 Ultimate x64 and today I was just browsing in Firefox when I got a BSOD. I am thinking the problem is my motherboard since I have had a lot of BSOD in the past with this board.

A:Fresh Install BSOD

Hi Casanova89 and Welcome to the Forum.

STOP 0x0000004E: PFN_LIST_CORRUPT
Usual causes: Device driver, ?memory

Your latest dump file indicates memory corruption as the probable cause which usually indicates out of date Drivers or Bad Memory.
Old and incompatible drivers can and do cause issues with Windows 7, often giving false error codes.

As a Priority:

ASACPI.sys Mon Mar 28 03:30:36 2005 This driver is notorious for causing BSOD's. There is an update here: Asus ATK0110 driver. Look under the sub-heading: Utilities. Approx. 12th one down.

Driver Install - Manual method
Download the driver and extract it to a folder
Open the Device Manager
Right click the device you wish to change the drivers for. You can select Properties > Driver > Driver Details to check you have the right device.
Choose Update Driver Software.
Select Browse My Computer For Driver Software.
Select Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.
Select Have disk...
Select Browse..
Navigate to the extracted folder and double click on the .inf file
Hit OK, then Next and the driver(s) will then begin to install.
Bugcheck Analysis:
Code:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7601 (Service Pack 1) MP (4 procs) Free x64
Built by: 7601.17514.amd64fre.win7sp1_rtm.101119-1850
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`02c03000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`02e48e90
Debug session time: Mon Apr 18 22:10:32.610 2011 (UTC + 1:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 1:11:10.779
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 4E, {99, 706f1, 0, 1}

Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiBadShareCount+4c )

---------

1: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

PFN_LIST_CORRUPT (4e)
Typically caused by drivers passing bad memory descriptor lists (ie: calling
MmUnlockPages twice with the same list, etc). If a kernel debugger is
available get the stack trace.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000099, A PTE or PFN is corrupt
Arg2: 00000000000706f1, page frame number
Arg3: 0000000000000000, current page state
Arg4: 0000000000000001, 0

Debugging Details:
------------------
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x4E_99

PROCESS_NAME: svchost.exe

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from fffff80002d08f5c to fffff80002c83640

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`05c8a188 fffff800`02d08f5c : 00000000`0000004e 00000000`00000099 00000000`000706f1 00000000`00000000 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`05c8a190 fffff800`02c2b28d : fffff680`00017860 00000000`02f0c000 fffffa80`060dde08 00000000`00000000 : nt!MiBadShareCount+0x4c
fffff880`05c8a1d0 fffff800`02c79071 : b4000000`00000000 fffff680`00017860 00000000`00000200 000fffff`00000001 : nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+0x336c8
fffff880`05c8a250 fffff800`02c70852 : fffff800`02e08c00 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`060dda70 fffffa80`060dde08 : nt!MiDecommitPages+0x1a1
fffff880`05c8aae0 fffff800`02c828d3 : ... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/157906-fresh-install-bsod.html
Relevancy 77.4%

hi all, i was getting a random bsod prior to a clean install and it is still here.
steps
ran memtest on each stick of rm for 4 passes with no errors.
updated all drivers
latest bios installed

attached are the files listed on the bsod posting instructions these are prior to driver verifier running.

i will update with the driver verified dump files after the next bsod.

A:bsod after fresh install

One crash blames video driver. Other than that I don't see anything that sticks up. All your drivers appear up to date.

I will wait to see if verifier catches anything.

In the meantime, please re-run memtest. This time let it run on all sticks for 7-8 passes
Memtest86 - Run for 7-8 passes - RAM - Test with Memtest86+ - Windows 7 Forums

Also run Prime95
Prime95 - Run all three tests for 3-4 hours each or until fail - http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...t-prime95.html

Do this after running verifier; not while it is running.

BSOD BUGCHECK SUMMARY

Code:

Built by: 7601.17713.x86fre.win7sp1_gdr.111025-1505
Debug session time: Sat Jan 21 14:34:09.789 2012 (UTC - 5:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 2:23:34.257
Probably caused by : ntkrpamp.exe ( nt!SepCreateImpersonationTokenDacl+20 )
EXCEPTION_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000005 - The instruction at 0x%08lx referenced memory at 0x%08lx. The memory could not be %s.
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x8E
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x8E_nt!SepCreateImpersonationTokenDacl+20
BiosReleaseDate = 12/04/2009
SystemManufacturer = System manufacturer
Debug session time: Fri Jan 20 14:43:59.824 2012 (UTC - 5:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:11:06.666
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32k.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for win32k.sys
Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+e43ad )
EXCEPTION_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000005 - The instruction at 0x%08lx referenced memory at 0x%08lx. The memory could not be %s.
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x8E
PROCESS_NAME: wlmail.exe
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x8E_nvlddmkm+e43ad
Debug session time: Wed Jan 18 19:10:49.546 2012 (UTC - 5:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 9:30:37.387
Probably caused by : ntkrpamp.exe ( nt!KiSystemFatalException+f )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x7f_d
PROCESS_NAME: cfp.exe
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x7f_d_nt!KiSystemFatalException+f

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-after-fresh-install-625867.html
Relevancy 77.4%

So I recently did a recovery install just to clean the system and I have been getting multiple crashes randomly throughout the day.

Any suggestions?

BSOD Problem Below:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 7f
BCP1: 0000000000000008
BCP2: 0000000080050031
BCP3: 00000000000006F8
BCP4: FFFFF80002A42EB8
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\032211-24975-01.dmp
C:\Users\Mike\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-38984-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
Windows 7 Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

A:BSOD's Fresh OS Install

Quote: Originally Posted by SevenOS

So I recently did a recovery install just to clean the system and I have been getting multiple crashes randomly throughout the day.

Any suggestions?

BSOD Problem Below:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 7f
BCP1: 0000000000000008
BCP2: 0000000080050031
BCP3: 00000000000006F8
BCP4: FFFFF80002A42EB8
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\032211-24975-01.dmp
C:\Users\Mike\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-38984-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
Windows 7 Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.

The procedure:

* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.

To ensure minidumps are enabled:

Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
OK your way out.
Reboot if changes have been made.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/152207-bsods-fresh-os-install.html
Relevancy 77.4%

hi,

I installed win 8.1 pro and i got kernel_security_check_faulire eror. Now every time after i do any operation my computer restarts. I was getting those bsod problems in win 7 ultimate too but wanted to put 8.1 before i resolve problem.

thx for help in advance

A:BSOD-fresh install win 8.1 pro....

If you had BSOD problems in Win7 and now you have them in 8.1, a hardware problem is likely.
Please start with these free diagnostics: Hardware Diagnostics

Additionally, this system is old enough that it may not be capable of running Win8.1. You may be better off going back to Win7 and troubleshooting from there (post over at Windows 7 Help Forums )

Your BIOS dates from 2009. Please check at the manufacturer's website to see if there are any BIOS updates available for your system. Also check the readme file to see if they apply to the problems that you are having. Please be advised that flashing the BIOS is a very unforgiving process - and one mistake can physically damage your motherboard. If possible, use the "inside Windows" flash mechanism (if your OEM provides one).

Only 7 Windows Updates installed. Most systems have 60 to 90 or more. Please visit Windows Update and get ALL available updates (it may take several trips to get them all).

Don't worry about the specific number, it's just important that you have checked and installed any updates that were available.

The lone dump file is corrupted. Please do this:

Upload Dump Files:
NOTE: If using a disk cleaning utility, please stop using it while we are troubleshooting your issues.
Please go to C:\Windows\Minidump and zip up the contents of the folder. Then upload/attach the .zip file with your next post.
Left click on the first minidump file.
Hold down the "Shift" key and left click on the last minidump file.
Right click on the blue highlighted area and select "Send to"
Select "Compressed (zipped) folder" and note where the folder is saved.
Upload that .zip file with your next post.

If you have issues with "Access Denied" errors, try copying the files to your desktop and zipping them up from there. If it still won't let you zip them up, post back for further advice.

If you don't have anything in that folder, please check in C:\Windows for a file named MEMORY.DMP. If you find it, zip it up and upload it to a free file hosting service. Then post the link to it in your topic so that we can download it.

Also, search your entire hard drive for files ending in .dmp, .mdmp, and .hdmp. Zip up any that you find and upload them with your next post.

Then, follow the directions here to set your system for Minidumps (much smaller than the MEMORY.DMP file): Set MiniDumpMore info on dump file options here: Overview of memory dump file options for Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows Server 2003, Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, Windows 7, and Windows Server 2008 R2

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/52175-bsod-fresh-install-win-8-1-pro.html
Relevancy 77.4%

I recently installed Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit onto a partition on my harddrive. I didn't do a clean install due to needing a few things from a beta install of Windows 7 32 bit on another partition.

Currently, the computer runs fine, other than when running flash (through youtube) or bitlord it seems to get the bsod. I'm currently only using firefox with the newest flash plugins installed due to no 64 bit support yet. I've only installed the drivers that windows 7 has given me along with:

Adobe Creative Suite
Aim 7
K-Lite Codec
Magic Disc
Magic Iso Maker
Microsoft Office Enterprise
Mozilla Firefox
VLC Media Player

A:BSOD After fresh install

Quote: Originally Posted by Seraphinax

I recently installed Windows 7 Ultimate 64 Bit onto a partition on my harddrive. I didn't do a clean install due to needing a few things from a beta install of Windows 7 32 bit on another partition.

Currently, the computer runs fine, other than when running flash (through youtube) or bitlord it seems to get the bsod. I'm currently only using firefox with the newest flash plugins installed due to no 64 bit support yet. I've only installed the drivers that windows 7 has given me along with:

Adobe Creative Suite
Aim 7
K-Lite Codec
Magic Disc
Magic Iso Maker
Microsoft Office Enterprise
Mozilla Firefox
VLC Media Player

Hi and welcome

this crash was probably caused by your wifi driver wusb54gv4x64,sys. It is from 2006 and needs to be updaged

Ken J+

Code:

Loading Dump File [C:\Users\K\Desktop\012110-36000-01.dmp]

Symbol search path is: SRV*d:\symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7600 MP (2 procs) Free x64
Built by: 7600.16385.amd64fre.win7_rtm.090713-1255
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`02a68000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`02ca5e50
Debug session time: Thu Jan 21 10:46:42.329 2010 (GMT-5)
System Uptime: 0 days 16:14:38.938
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 1E, {0, 0, 0, 0}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\WUSB54Gv4x64.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for WUSB54Gv4x64.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for WUSB54Gv4x64.sys
Probably caused by : WUSB54Gv4x64.sys ( WUSB54Gv4x64+2d7cf )

---------

1: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (1e)
This is a very common bugcheck. Usually the exception address pinpoints
the driver/function that caused the problem. Always note this address
as well as the link date of the driver/image that contains this address.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000000, The exception code that was not handled
Arg2: 0000000000000000, The address that the exception occurred at
Arg3: 0000000000000000, Parameter 0 of the exception
Arg4: 0000000000000000, Parameter 1 of the exception

Debugging Details:
------------------
EXCEPTION_CODE: (Win32) 0 (0) - The operation completed successfully.

FAULTING_IP:
+5d04952f02a1dd34
00000000`00000000 ?? ???

EXCEPTION_PARAMETER1: 0000000000000000

EXCEPTION_PARAMETER2: 0000000000000000

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x1E

EXCEPTION_RECORD: fffff88002d1b5b8 -- (.exr 0xfffff88002d1b5b8)
ExceptionAddress: fffff88... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/57250-bsod-after-fresh-install.html
Relevancy 77.4%

Hi all,

Re-installed Windows 7 ultimate x64 the other day and since then I've had 10 BSOD over the last 5 days. The latest 2x (attachment included) happened this morning after I turned the PC on (before I could do anything).
I don't really have anything loading on start-up either and the BSOD's seem to be random too.
Checked Computer Management and all drivers seem installed.

if you want to see the other BSOD minidumps, just let me know and I can upload them too.

Regards,

A:Often BSOD since fresh install 7 64x ult...

I'm going to go out on a limb here and say it's your logitech webcam.
All the drivers for it are horribly dated (pre windows 7 by date alone)
I would see if there are some updated drivers/software available for the model you have via logitech's website.
Or, remove it.

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3b)
An exception happened while executing a system service routine.
Arguments:
Arg1: 00000000c0000005, Exception code that caused the bugcheck
Arg2: fffff80002a8a7e5, Address of the instruction which caused the bugcheck
Arg3: fffff880037befa0, Address of the context record for the exception that caused the bugcheck
Arg4: 0000000000000000, zero.

Debugging Details:
------------------
OVERLAPPED_MODULE: Address regions for 'luafv' and 'LVMVDrv.sys' overlap

FAULTING_IP:
nt!SwapContext_PatchXSave+42
fffff800`02a8a7e5 4983be1801000000 cmp qword ptr [r14+118h],0

CONTEXT: fffff880037befa0 -- (.cxr 0xfffff880037befa0)
rax=0000000000000000 rbx=fffff88002dd3180 rcx=0000000000000001
rdx=0000002d00000000 rsi=fffffa8003323060 rdi=fffff88002dddfc0
rip=fffff80002a8a7e5 rsp=fffff880037bf970 rbp=0000000000000000
r8=0000000000000000 r9=0000000000000f44 r10=fffff80002a14000
r11=0000000000000000 r12=0000000000000000 r13=0000000000000000
r14=ffbffa8004b93060 r15=fffff88002dd7f40
iopl=0 nv up ei pl zr na po nc
cs=0010 ss=0018 ds=002b es=002b fs=0053 gs=002b efl=00010246
nt!SwapContext_PatchXSave+0x42:
fffff800`02a8a7e5 4983be1801000000 cmp qword ptr [r14+118h],0 ds:002b:ffbffa80`04b93178=????????????????
Resetting default scope

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x3B

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from 0000000000000000 to fffff80002a8a7e5

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`037bf970 00000000`00000000 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!SwapContext_PatchXSave+0x42
FOLLOWUP_IP:
nt!SwapContext_PatchXSave+42
fffff800`02a8a7e5 4983be1801000000 cmp qword ptr [r14+118h],0

SYMBOL_STACK_INDEX: 0

SYMBOL_NAME: nt!SwapContext_PatchXSave+42

MODULE_NAME: nt

IMAGE_NAME: ntkrnlmp.exe

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 4e02aa44

STACK_COMMAND: .cxr 0xfffff880037befa0 ; kb

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x3B_nt!SwapContext_PatchXSave+42

BUCKET_ID: X64_0x3B_nt!SwapContext_PatchXSave+42

---------

3: kd> lm t n
start end module name
fffff800`00b96000 fffff800`00ba0000 kdcom kdcom.dll Sat Feb 05 06:21:45 2011 (4D4D40D9)
fffff800`02a14000 fffff800`02ff0000 nt ntkrnlmp.exe Wed Jun 22 21:51:48 2011 (4E02AA44)
fffff800`02ff0000 fffff800`03039000 hal hal.dll Mon Jul 13 20:27:36 2009 (4A5BDF08)
fffff880`00c04000 fffff880`00c11000 mcupdate_AuthenticAMD mcupdate_AuthenticAMD.dll Mon Jul 13 20:29:09 2009 (4A5BDF65)
fffff880`00c11000 fffff880`00c25000 PSHED PSHED.dll Mon Jul 13 20:32:23 2009 (4A5BE027)
fffff880`00c25000 fffff880`00c83000 CLFS CLFS.SYS Mon Jul 13 18:19:57 2009 (4A5BC11D)
fffff880`00c83000 fffff880`00d43000 CI CI.dll Mon Jul 13 20:32:13 2009 (4A5BE01D)
fffff880`00d43000 fffff880`00de7000 Wdf01000 Wdf01000.sys Mon Jul 13 18:22:07 2009 (4A5BC19F)
fffff880`00de7000 fffff880`00df6000 WDFLDR WDFLDR.SYS Mon Jul 13 18:19:54 2009 (4A5BC11A)
fffff880`00e00000 fffff880`00e1a000 mountmgr mountmgr.sys Mon Jul 13 18:19:54 2009 (4A5BC11A)
ffff... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/193963-often-bsod-since-fresh-install-7-64x-ult.html
Relevancy 77.4%

ok so win ult x64, install! BSOD after fresh 7 i have an alienware area with dual nvidia gtx video cards i was getting constant bluescreens so i spoke to alienware crapsupport and they told me to reinstall windows which i did low and behold a few minutes in i start getting blue screens At first the bsdo were in regards to the iastor driver which i updated and then the blue screens switched over to ntoskrnl blue screen but this BSOD win 7 ult x64, after fresh install! last bsod was iastor again not sure what to do I am not sure what else to look for i have attached the last few dmps BSOD win 7 ult x64, after fresh install! in hopes someone can help me i am having to post this from safe mode it doesnt stay on long enough in regular mode to post specs gb ram dual gtx video cards raid ssd drives for C and raid for data drive tb sata drives i am attaching a zip of the last few dmps as well as a screenshot from bluescreenviewer and device manager with some driver version any help would be much appreciated thanks

A:BSOD win 7 ult x64, after fresh install!

Hi and welcome to SF

You need to update your Intel Storage drivers

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Default.aspx

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Deta...-bit*&lang=eng

Finish with this step and post back with any results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/192741-bsod-win-7-ult-x64-after-fresh-install.html