Windows Support Forum

windows 7 refuses to load and system repair wont load

Q: windows 7 refuses to load and system repair wont load

I dont know if this is posted in the right area but I'm so desperate to get my laptop working its unreal First it started off with my laptop crashing I had totally forgot it needed to do a windows update and turned off my laptop in hopes that it would work properly After that my laptop has not been working The machine turns on and gives me two options Start windows normally or do a repair Upon starting windows normally it loads so far before sending me back to refuses and windows to load system 7 wont load repair the two options of windows 7 refuses to load and system repair wont load start windows normally or repair On the second time I clicked repair My laptop then goes so far before presenting me with a blue screen that is usually the screen where my accounts are The cursor still moves but it loads no further even after leaving it an hour I decided to make a repair disk hoping that the problem was because of windows the disk loads gives me a choice on the keyboard language then does nothing I honestly have no idea what to do I want to keep all the files safe on my computer as I havent backed them up and I have worked so hard on the projects someone please help

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: windows 7 refuses to load and system repair wont load

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: windows 7 refuses to load and system repair wont load

Do a hardware/software reset with your BIOS:Shut down and turn off the computer.
Unplug the computer from the wall or surge protector (then remove the battery if it is a laptop).
"Remove the computer from any port replicator or docking station, disconnect
cables to printers or devices such as external monitors, USB memory sticks or SD cards, headset or external speakers, mouse or auxiliary keyboard, turn off WIFI and Bluetooth wireless devices." (Use Hard Reset to Resolve Hardware and Software Issues HP Pavilion dv5000 Notebook PC series - HP Customer Care (United States - English))
Hold down the power button for 30 seconds. This closes the circuit and ensures all
power from components is drained to clear the software connections between the BIOS
and hardware and clear any corruption in the temporary memory.
(If it is a laptop, plug the battery back into the laptop and then) Plug the computer back into the wall. Do not reconnect any unnecessary peripherals; monitor, keyboard,
and mouse should suffice and be the only peripherals reconnected.
Turn it on to reinitialize the software connections between the BIOS and hardware

After doing those steps, clear your CMOS by entering the BIOS (see your system manual for steps to enter the BIOS), going to the EXIT screen, and loading setup/optimized defaults.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/236921-windows-7-refuses-load-system-repair-wont-load.html
Relevancy 83.7%

Backstory skip if you need I'm fixing someones laptop It was slow and taking minutes to startup i did the usually virus scan and restarted then it was stuck in wont Boot Repair load, load, CD Automatic Windows Loop wont an auto repair loop I used a windows Install CD from microscoft None of the options in it would work install key doesnt match reset missing partition Windows wont load, Boot CD wont load, Automatic Repair Loop image recovery cant find an image restore no restore point Windows wont load, Boot CD wont load, Automatic Repair Loop etc Used command prompt did stuff like bootrec bcdedit diskpart and chkdsk After it ran chkdsk it finally loaded windows I reset reinstalled the OS completely Fixed restarted running smooth Owner said it was working great for a day then after turning it back on it was in an auto repair loop Now It's stuck in a preair loop I can't even boot from the CD Have it configured in the bios it shows the the blue windows logo then the screen goes black for minutes and a blue screen flashes for second saying Your PC ran into a problem and need to restart Collecting some info complete search online for error x a The weird thing is Windows disks boot fine but it's not compatible And if I physically remove the HDD it will boot into the windows CD So I put the HDD back in while still at the command prompt and it wont take my commands in related to the C I get a System cannot find the drive specified I also tried hooking upp the HDD to my PC SATA it shows in explorer but just right clicking it crashes explorer exe Drivers for it fail to update Any idea what is going on How can I get it to boot from the CD or get the command prompt to find C drive or start up when booting with the HDD in the laptop Specs windows core i gb ram TB HDD Years old no important files

A:Windows wont load, Boot CD wont load, Automatic Repair Loop

UPDATE:

I got a windows 8.1 disk made and it allowed me yo boot from the CD, but it's SLOOOOW, it takes minutes to load reset or w.e (none of them still work), or open the command prompt.

I ran chkdsk /f /r /x but it didnt help. chkdsk /r ends with:
"A disk read error occurredcc0000185
Insufficient disk space to fix the Usn Journal $J data stream."

Before when I ran it, I'm pretty sure it let me restart and booted into windows, not now.

Next I tried bootrec.
/fixmbr - succesful
/fixboot - succesfull
/rebuildBCD - Total identified Windows installations: 0
/scanOS - Total identified Windows installations: 0

Next bcdedit
Nothing worked "The boot configuration data store could not be opened. The requested system device cannot be found."

Next sfc /scannow
"There is a system repair pending which requires reboot to complete. Restart Windows and run sfc again."
Then sfc /SCANNOW /OFFBOOTDIR=c:\ /OFFWINDIR=d:\Windows
"Windows resources protection didnt find integrity violations"

BCDBoot c:\WindowsFailure when attempting to copy boot files

Next diskpart - but I forgot what I did before that may have worked. All i can remember is I had to select a disk or volume, and do something with it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/529061/windows-wont-load-boot-cd-wont-load-automatic-repair-loop/
Relevancy 81.53%

not sure if im in the right place
but computer wont do anything but load up with options to do system repair or whatever its called but it says it cant fix the problem i dont have disc for it or any pw's im on a reg user account it wont load in safe mode but by doing different things i have access to do various things but not sure what or how to lol i had issues before and got them fixed by using sites similar to this any help is appreciated

A:system repair wont work windows wont load

Might be a failing Hard drive. Get to your bios and see if there is any diagnostics there to do a hard drive test. On some motherboards its delete on others its F2. If there is no diagnostics on the bios i would make a USB bootable diagnostics and do that.
I just had the same problems and found out the hard way that it was a hard drive.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/346617-system-repair-wont-work-windows-wont-load.html
Relevancy 97.18%

just wondering why i created a windows repair disk an im trying to test it out to make sure it works in case i ever need it. when i restart my computer to boot it into options of repair tools or whatever it says dont reconize disk or media. was wondering if some could help me fix this issue. i have a hp pavillion p2-1122 computer with windows 7 64 bit operating system.

A:windows 7 64 bit repair disk. wont load.

Did you create the disk using the HP program or the Microsoft program?
Have you tried creating it again?  What are you using (what kind of disk, what size USB)
Are you able to boot from other bootable disks?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576821/windows-7-64-bit-repair-disk-wont-load/
Relevancy 93.31%

I have a big problem with XP Home edition.The sound is not working. I have loaded the drivers and device manager does not show anything that is not working correctly.(no yellow exclamation marks)When I go to sound options in control panel and I want to put a speaker icon in the taskbar I get the message that this must be installed first.
When I try to install this I get the message that the file cannot be read from the cd rom. I have tried different cd roms and I have copied the entire I386 folder to the harddrive to see if the files can be accessed from there but still not working
When I run a system file check the same happens with the files not being able to be read
Any suggestions on this problem ???

A:XP Refuses to load system files

I have ried to do a repair install but also there I get some files that XP does not want to load. It says that the file cannot be found but the file can be read from the rom but it does see the file there

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-refuses-to-load-system-files.783387/
Relevancy 92.88%

I have put the d drive at the top of the list in the boot set up, but the system repair disc doesn't show up and I just get a blank screen. When I open safe mode, some windows files load up and the safe mode screen opens but not with a way to start up windows. Safe mode with networking or command prompt doesn't work either. Is it more than likely the hard drive?

A:Windows won't load and system repair disc won't run

Quote: Originally Posted by Brayton

I have put the d drive at the top of the list in the boot set up, but the system repair disc doesn't show up and I just get a blank screen. When I open safe mode, some windows files load up and the safe mode screen opens but not with a way to start up windows. Safe mode with networking or command prompt doesn't work either. Is it more than likely the hard drive?

Put DVD/CD on top of BOOT (boot device order) in BIOS. If you do that and start from DVD it gives you a blank screen? With or without cursor? Is cursor blinking?
If you remove the DVD (still same bot order) and restart computer it boots from harddisk?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/242832-windows-wont-load-system-repair-disc-wont-run.html
Relevancy 89.01%

I downloaded Kapersky internet security It was working good for a couple days and then it identified some file that was named something like win winlogon exe as behaving suspiciously So I quarantined it and then the computer shut down and when it restarted it went throught that initial Windows loading page and then right before I get to the part where I choose which account to log into the computer with the computer restarts I have tried to run the computer in safe mode and done like all the options in that screen like restoring last known settings or missing file load windows wont b/c system whatever The windows wont load b/c missing system file only thing I didn t do on that menu was something where you type commands and I dont know how to do that kind of thing nor did I even know my password to start the process lol Some people have told me to try fixing Windows with the Windows Recovery CD that comes with the computer but I lost this a couple years ago when I moved My computer is a Compaq Presario SR CL I have Windows XP Home with service pack I contacted HP to try to get a new recovery cd but the person I talked to said he couldn t help because my warranty ran out But he said if I paid dollars he could connect me to a technician who could solve the problem in a matter of seconds So I don t know if the problem is actually something very easy to fix or if he was just trying to scam me into paying for a service sorry so long thanx for reading nbsp

Relevancy 89.01%

I downloaded Kapersky internet security b/c missing load system file wont windows It was working good for a couple days and then it identified some file that was named something like win winlogon exe as behaving suspiciously So I quarantined it and then the computer shut down and when it restarted it went throught windows wont load b/c missing system file that initial Windows loading page and then right before I get to the part where I windows wont load b/c missing system file choose which account to log into the windows wont load b/c missing system file computer with the computer restarts I have tried to run the computer in safe mode and done like all the options in that screen like restoring last known settings or whatever The only thing I didn't do on that menu was something where you type commands and I dont know how to do that kind of thing nor did I even know my password to start the process lol Some people have told me to try fixing Windows with the Windows Recovery CD that comes with the computer but I lost this a couple years ago when I moved My computer is a Compaq Presario SR CL I have Windows XP Home with service pack I contacted HP to try to get a new recovery cd but the person I talked to said he couldn't help because my warranty ran out But he said if I paid dollars he could connect me to a technician who could solve the problem in a matter of seconds So I don't know if the problem is actually something very easy to fix or if he was just trying to scam me into paying for a service sorry so long thanx for reading

A:windows wont load b/c missing system file

Winlogon.exe is used to facilitate logins/logoffs and is a necessary file. If you could find another XP Home disc you can repair the OS and that should fix it. Other than that you could try copying that file from a working computer and put it in the folder where it is supposed to be although i don't know if that method will work or not. And the HP guy was probably going to tell you to use the CD to fix it in a matter of seconds.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-wont-load-b-c-missing-system-file-350860.html
Relevancy 88.15%

I currently have a a Toshiba satellite laptop on windows last night the Windows 8 load. refuses to battery Windows 8 refuses to load. went and when I restarted I was given a blue screen that said it needed to fix errors The computer restarted and said it was automatically fixing errors Once that had finished the second screen is black with a white mouse that moves Nothing else no log in screen nothing I restarted computer pressing F and tried to refresh computer and was told the drive where windows is located is locked I went in search of the answer on Google and tried the cmd exe I typed in bootsect exe nt all force All files successfully updated NTFS Except for the C drive It displayed quot could not open Root directory the parameter incorrect I can't even get it to boot up in safe mode I don't have a clue how to fix it The laptop is my nephews I don't have a windows disc or another computer All my files and my nephews are on the laptop Is there anyway I can fix it so the laptop loads as normal and all our files are still there

A:Windows 8 refuses to load.

Sorry should have been attached to original post.
Everything is fine apart from drive C .

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/windows-8-refuses-to-load-1109769.html
Relevancy 87.72%

Ok heres what happened Vista got stuck on the loading splash screen with the green bar moving along the bottom Left it for minutes amp didnt budge Reset the PC amp tried again - same thing So I booted of a recovery disk amp ran CHKDSK R Found a few errors amp repaired them amp rebooted Now Vista didnt boot at all amp i just got the message 'Operating System Missing' So I booted from a Vista disk Ultimate Chose repair but was greeted with an empty 'System Recovery Options' box Clicked next anyway amp got to the repair menu Select 'Startup Repair' amp it went off on its merry way for about minutes wont PC boot - to help need Vista repair to OS load the BCD but then reported back that there wasnt any operating system to repair So went back to the repair menu amp went opened up the Command Prompt Went through the usual boot repair methods bootrec fixmbr this operation was Vista PC wont boot - need help to repair the BCD to load OS completed successfully bootrec fixboot Vista PC wont boot - need help to repair the BCD to load OS this operation was completed successfully bootrec ScanOS Successfully Scanned Windows Installations Total Identified Windows Installtions D Windows This i thought Vista PC wont boot - need help to repair the BCD to load OS was odd why D normally Vista is on C Anyway carried on bootrec rebuildbcd Successfully Scannec Windows Installations Total Idenified Windows Installtions D Windows Add installation to bootlist Y N or All Selected Y amp then got this error message 'This Volume does not contain a recognized file system Please make sure that all required file system drivers are loaded amp that the volume is not corrupted' bugger I evern tried this del d boot f s bootrec fixmbr bootrec rebuildbcd got the same error I can see the harddrive fine I can even browse the files amp folders on the drive within Command Prompt so its there amp not corrupted I just cant fix the boot problem Anyone got any ideas btw - reformat or upgrading to Windows is not viable at this moment in time Cheers

A:Vista PC wont boot - need help to repair the BCD to load OS

What was the last thing you were doing/installed before this happened?

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/280990-vista-pc-wont-boot-need-help-repair-bcd-load-os.html
Relevancy 87.29%

The other day I safe in boot boot, centre wont wont load mode, wont repair Computer updated my laptop which is a Dell Inspiron R running Windows home premium when I updated the computer booted ok took longer than usual I restarted the laptop but this time it wouldn't boot up it came up with a black screen saying repair windows recommended or start windows normally I clicked repair windows it said searching for problems attempting repairs this took about an hour and a half but unfortunately did not resolve the issue I sent the error report to windows I restarted the laptop again attempted booting it in safe mode no luck and Computer wont boot, wont boot in safe mode, wont load repair centre the same other various options I can try but no luck they all just crashed the laptop and began restarting it tried repairing it again and this time it took my to a screen with various options like load backup open cmd and format my hard drive loading the backup did nothing and wasn't sure what to do with cmd so decided to part ways with my stuff and format the hard drive Computer wont boot, wont boot in safe mode, wont load repair centre I Computer wont boot, wont boot in safe mode, wont load repair centre did this and the laptop was formatted but the OS was still on the hard drive and it was like the first time I opened it all of my personal things were gone but win home premium was still there I set it back up again installed AVG anti virus etc downloaded a few movies ran fine the next day it said windows updates need installing so I did updates were made turned my laptop back on and again it was booting up and crashing followed the steps I mentioned before noting was working after messing around with it for an hour or so I finally got safe mode whilst in there I did an AVG scan alot of files seemed to be locked and AVG wasn't scanning them wasn't sure why AVG wouldn't scan them tried to undo my last update but when I followed win 's steps it would't allow me to turn on the windows centre thing it told me to turn on I wasn't sure what to do i thought maybe its a virus or maybe because I'm in safe mode anyway restarted it and continued crashing went to the repair centre and it searched for errors again found none so I formatted it like last time using the dell data recovery unit think that's the name of it formatted it again went through the processes when i did this last time the pc was ok and started normally like it was brand new booted it up but this time it kept crashing again and again safe mode wont open the repair centre just gets stuck on a blue screen every time I'm really stuck on what to do if anyone can help that would be great I've tried on other forums but got no help sadly and unfortunately don't have the Windows installation disk I would happily totally format the hard drive totally as I have other OS on other disks just not the windows one Any help would be appreciated Thanks

A:Computer wont boot, wont boot in safe mode, wont load repair centre

Hello there,

It seems like you did not perform a clean installation of Windows and that's why your system is acting up. 

Follow the steps below to install a new copy of Windows:

1. To format your hard disk during Windows 7 installation you will need to start or boot your computer using the Windows 7 installation disc or USB flash drive. Insert your Windows 7 disc in your CD/DVD drive. Please note: will need to restart or turn on your system with the disc in the drive. 
2. After turning on your system with the CD in the drive go ahead and press any key when prompted during your computer post routine and then follow the instructions presented on screen. If you don’t see this go back to step 1 to setup your BIOS to boot from CD or USB flash drive depending on your installation media.
3. On the Install Windows page simply enter your preferences and click next.

4. Accept the Windows license agreement.

5. On the “Which type of installation do you want” page go ahead and choose the “Custom” option.

6. Select Drive options (advanced) on the “Where do you want to install Windows” page.

7.  Select the partition that you want to change, choose the formatting option you want to perform and then follow the instructions.
When allocating space choosing the default MB size for your drive is typically the best for most users since you want to take full advantage of all your disk space.

8. Click “Next” for the installation to proceed.

Hope this helps!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/551378/computer-wont-boot-wont-boot-in-safe-mode-wont-load-repair-centre/
Relevancy 86%

Today I was playing a game and my system did a hard lock no sound no mouse Windows Load Login 10 Wont Repeated Screen System Crashing, Past frozen image on screen this has been a problem lately as I seem to be losing system stability for a while I chalked it up to my system overheating before as I was typically able to shut the system down for a while then - mins later it would be fine However today after my PC crashed for the second Repeated System Crashing, Wont Load Windows 10 Past Login Screen time it started having trouble booting Sometimes I can hit the power button and nothing happens the power light comes on the fans work but no startup beep and the HDD light doesnt work Other times I can start it and it work like normal until it gets to the Windows login screen though most of the time it doesnt get that far before freezing then I get a hang and the HDD light turns off The fans on everything continue to work but the entire PC just freezes This PC about years old and wasnt having any trouble until the last two months This is the first time I have had this particular problem but it has been crashing quite a lot over the last two months I had looked up this issue elsewhere and it seems that no one can come to a consensus whether its the processor ram GPU or otherwise PC Specs ASUS Motherboard GB RAM Ram taken from an older PC GHZ core processor GTX Watt Power Supply Any help you can provide would be appreciated

A:Repeated System Crashing, Wont Load Windows 10 Past Login Screen

I don't know if I can help you with this, but I'll give it a try.You may also want to post over in the Internal Hardware forums to have one of the experts there take a look at this:    http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/7/internal-hardware/  Start with these free, bootable diagnostics:  http://www.carrona.org/initdiag.htmlOnce you get into Windows, Let's try looking at these 2 sets of reports:1)  Please run this report collecting tool (even though you may not be reporting BSOD's) so we can provide a complete analysis:  http://omgdebugging.com/bsod-inspector/When done a Notepad document will open with the name of the file and it's location.By default it'll be a .zip file located on your DesktopSimply upload the .zip file with your next post and we'll move on from there.If it doesn't work for you, then please try this:  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/2)  Please do the following:- open Event Viewer (run eventvwr.msc from the "Run" dialog)- expand the Custom Views category (left click on the > next to the words "Custom Views")- right click on the "Administrative Events" heading- select "Save all Events in Custom View as..."- save the file as Admin.evtx- zip up the file (right click on it, select "Send to", select "Compressed (zipped) folder")- upload it with your next post (if it's too big, then upload it to a free file-hosting service and post a link here).FYI - If we're looking for Event ID 41 errors (unexplained shutdowns), there's more info on that here:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2028504While waiting for a reply, please monitor your temps with this free utility:  http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html Finally, while waiting for a reply, please run these free hardware diagnostics:  http://www.carrona.org/hwdiag.html  

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/616011/repeated-system-crashing-wont-load-windows-10-past-login-screen/
Relevancy 86%

Hello I tried 4 different new DVI cables and connected my computer screen to the hardware box and it refuses to work. Instead it says no signal and it goes back to sleep. Is there something wrong with my monitor or my hardware box?? How can I fix this?? Why the new cables fail to show signal???

http://www.pchelpforum.com/pc-hardware/129747-hp-p6098d-screen-refuses-load-windows.html
Relevancy 86%

When trying to boot Windows 8, it gets stuck at a black screen. I tried automatic repair and refreshing my pc. I need a dvd to refresh my pc which I don't have. I tried bcdboot but apparently the problem is not with the boot process. It seems that the only option left is to reinstall Windows 8 but I would like to fix it. Is there a way I did not think of.

A:Windows 8 refuses to load, stuck while loading

Just saw Post #2 in the link below for getting into safe mode. If that is successful perhaps you can do a system restore or refresh.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/56014-how-do-i-get-into-looping-8-1-a.html

Rich

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/56028-windows-8-refuses-load-stuck-while-loading.html
Relevancy 86%

I havent a clue what is wrong with my vista lpatop, it was working earlier, i shut it down. then when i later turned it on, it was loading, then it asked me if i wanted to start windows normally or run start up repair (recomended) so i clicked on start up repair. as it was loading a message popped up that read:
TG_Recovery
Invalid Picture
Then when i click ok or cross, it restarts the computer, it keeps goin on and on.
also for some reason when it loads and i press F8 nothing happens, so that wont load.
any help plz?...
tom

A:Startup Repair wont load - TG_Recovery 'Invalid Picture'

1) What happens when you click on "Start Windows Normaly"?
2)Do you have a recovery disk? If no, contact the Manufacture of your Laptop and they can send you one, sometimes free, sometimes for a small fee.
Or go to the store where you bought the laptop and they can help
3)Is your Laptop still under warranty? If yes, bring it back to where you bought it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/startup-repair-wont-load-tg_recovery-invalid-picture.949482/
Relevancy 85.14%

I previously had some spyware alter my system policies, and now I think I've regained admiistrator privileges for my only account.

However MSN Messenger live refuses to load upon system startup now. I've reinstalled it to no avail. I've also gone to options->load msn messenger on startup and checked it, but it still doesn't appear in the system tray.

Does anyone know how to get it to load?

A:MSN messenger live refuses to load on windows startup

Can anyone help with this?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/msn-messenger-live-refuses-to-load-on-windows-startup.604769/
Relevancy 84.28%

Hi all I am new to this forum amp I am hoping you will be able to help me with a few problems I m having with my PC This seems to be an intermittant problem but it happens more often than not When I boot up the pc no matter who s login i use mine or the wifes when the desktop loads the taskbar processes: defrag won't Itunes wont up + but either frozen Taskbar shows in load load down the bottom is frozen When i move the mouse over it there is just a hour glass Also certain programs won t load up like I-tunes or the defrag yet when i go into processes the itunes exe is showing Internet explorer seems to work ok I have Avira anti-virus amp I am using Adaware Spybot amp Taskbar frozen + Itunes wont load but shows up in processes: defrag won't load either spywareguard My system details are Windows XP sp here is my hijack this log Please help me amp thank you in advance Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Ahead InCD InCDsrv exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWService exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop sched exe C Program Files Common Files ArcSoft Connection Service Bin ACService exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avguard exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ACS AOLAcsd exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Common Files EPSON EBAPI SAgent exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C WINDOWS system slserv exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Virtual CD v SDK system vcssecs exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS wanmpsvc exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exe C WINDOWS system LVCOMSX EXE C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avgnt exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C WINDOWS Temp Temporary Internet Files Content IE D OLNFR SUPERAntiSpyware exe C WINDOWS system MSIEXEC exe C WINDOWS system msiexec exe C WINDOWS system MsiExec exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google co uk ig hl en R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Packard Bell R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Skype add-on mastermind - BF B-C D - d - A -A F BA C - C Program Files Skype Toolbars Internet Explorer SkypeIEPlugin dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - no file O - BHO SpywareGuard Download Protection - A E - F- - B - B DDD DB - C Program Files SpywareGuard dlprotect dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO no name - A A -BACC- D - - A E E - no file O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll O - BHO SingleInstance Class - FDAD DA - A - FD - C - F AC - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn YTSingleInstance dll O - Toolbar Easy-WebPrint - ... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/taskbar-frozen-itunes-wont-load-but-shows-up-in-processes-defrag-wont-load-either.859023/
Relevancy 84.28%

Computer just turned off automatically today and it will not load past the begining load screen with the Alien Head load screen where you can press f2 and enter setup or f12 to boot options. I cannot load safe mode or remove the battery as it does not have any place to access it.
Windows 7. Alienware m14x.

A:Alienware Laptop wont load past Alien Head Load Screen

Any fans running, any post beeps? Your laptop does not have a CMOS battery. Try removing the chargeable battery and power adapter. Press and hold the power button for 30 seconds. Plug in just the power adapter and try powering up the machine again.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/alienware-laptop-wont-load-past-alien-head-load-screen-660209.html
Relevancy 84.28%

Hoping for help with this one. I did an XP system repair to over come a freezing problem. The repair worked fine but in doing so I lost the SP2 updates so now I get the warning message stating my system may be at risk and I should update it with SP2. Trouble is when I try to reload SP2 from the microsoft web site it states that it is already loaded. I've since obtained a disk copy of SP2 and it won't load from that either. I'm only a beginner with this type of thing so any suggestions as to how I get the system to accept SP2 would be gratefully accepted ?

Relevancy 84.28%

I have created a system repair CD.
Before I make a backup of my hard disk on an external USB hard disk, I decided to test if the system repair CD will allow me to restore my hard disk from a backup on a USB hard disk. The usb HD was not recognized from the system repair environment so I tried to load the USB driver but the driver .sys file was nor recognized either

Is there another way I can restore a backed up version of my HD from a USB portable HD when Windows fails to startup?

A:How do I get the System Repair CD to load a USB driver?

Hi,

I think the easiest solution would be to create a system image of your hard disk. I prefer using FREE MACRIUM REFLECT for that:

Macrium Reflect FREE Edition - Information and download

The software works like this:

1. You create a system image of your hard disk, and store it to a USB drive
2. You create a bootable CD

When you need to recover your PC, you boot from the bootable CD, and the browse to the image on your USB drive. The image is restored to your PC exactly the same as the day you made the image.

Its very easy to use, but here is a tutorial that will help you out if you need it:

Imaging with free Macrium

Regards,
Golden

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/211645-how-do-i-get-system-repair-cd-load-usb-driver.html
Relevancy 84.28%

I have a dell 810 laptop. I know I can reload the OS but it would have to be a clean install. I dont have all the software for some of the programs on my laptop.

My desktop wont load,but I can use task mngr to access programs.Once I do that the desktop loads as normal. Any suggestions?

A:in 2000 my desktop wont load. Must use task mngr to open programs then icons load.

Have a look here:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;256194

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/in-2000-my-desktop-wont-load-must-use-task-mngr-to-open-programs-then-icons-load.128176/
Relevancy 82.13%

I have a Dell Diminsion E that came preloaded with windows xp mce that I'm working on for a friend system load xp wont He complained of it dying I system wont load xp checked system wont load xp it out and could not get it to get to the windows logon screen in any mode I did all I knew got mad and after friends consent wiped the disk clean and started over Here is what I have found out Firstly he did'nt have a copy of xp mce to restore with so I repartioned formatted and installed a copy of windows xp sp that I have It installed and got to the where it should be running windows for the first time and locked up once again it wont start in any mode I also have a copy of vista and windows Just for and grins I installed both vista and system boots up and works fine Please can anyone tell me why xp wont work on this computer while vista and works fine Thanks for all help received

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/system-wont-load-xp-414339.html
Relevancy 81.7%

This problem just started happening. It only occurs on this network I have in my home. I have used multiple computers at a different house and the internet is perfect. So I am assuming I have some sort of virus on my network. I need help

A:Certain websites wont load, or they take very long to load.

It appears that you have already posted a hijackthis log here.Please be patient while waiting for assistance. HJT Helpers are all volunteers regardless where you post a log. While waiting for a response, you should not ask for help elsewhere or make changes to your computer (install/uninstall programs, use special fix tools, delete files, edit the registry, etc.) Any modifications you make on your own can result in system changes which may not show it the log you already posted. Further, following advice outside of that post may cause confusion for the HJT Helper assisting you and could complicate the malware removal process which would extend the time it takes to clean your computer.If you had posted your log here, similar rules would apply. We would ask that you be patient while awaiting a reply and refrain from asking for help elsewhere.If you followed any other advice already, please ensure you inform the HJT Team Helper when they respond to assist you with your log. This will help them know what has been done and they probably will ask for an updated log.To avoid confusion, I am closing this topic. If you still need assistance after your log has been reviewed and you have been cleared, please start a new topic. If you have any questions, please PM me or another moderator.Thanks for your cooperation.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/226417/certain-websites-wont-load-or-they-take-very-long-to-load/
Relevancy 81.7%

Hello, im having a problem with loading some pages on the web, some will load super fast others will load snail slow or not at all, it's a hit and miss on what pages load it's different every time. I have been haveing this problem for about a week whilst using multiple browser (FireFox,IE and Opera)

computer info:

MS Windows SP3

Intel Pentium 4 CPU 2.66GHz, 1.0GB Ram
I do maintenance on my PC often like defrag when needed , disk cleanup and virus scans and use CCleaner often

I recently did virus scan and found 4 or so viruses and got rid of them

Scanned for malware using Malwarebytes'Anti-Malware and found a few problems and took care of them

got rid of gamvance thing i had on there

I have minimal things load on startup of my pc

Any help with this problem would be great

A:Some Pages wont load at all and others load fine

Try running a ping to the sites that have trouble loading to see what kind of connection times you are looking at. I would also run a tracert to those sites to see if there are any places dropping the connection.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/271862/some-pages-wont-load-at-all-and-others-load-fine/
Relevancy 81.7%

Thanks in advance for any help on this Windows XP SP Pentium gb ram Recently web pages have been loading incomplete or not at all with a quot sever not found message quot I can click try again a few times and sometimes it will load I have tried different browsers with the same result firefox opera MSIE Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINNT System smss exe C WINNT system winlogon exe C WINNT system services exe C WINNT system lsass exe C WINNT system svchost exe c Program Files Microsoft Security Client Antimalware MsMpEng exe C WINNT System svchost exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT system LEXBCES EXE C WINNT system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS Debug mdm exe C WINNT Explorer EXE C WINNT System svchost exe C WINNT system ctfmon exe C WINNT system msiexec exe C load Web pages wont or load completely WINNT system SK DM EXE C WINNT System hkcmd exe C Program Files Brother ControlCenter brccMCtl exe C Program Files Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe C Program Files Common Files Research In Motion USB Drivers RIMBBLaunchAgent exe C Program Files Microsoft Security Client msseces exe C Program Files PrintKey Printkey exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office msoffice exe C WINNT system cwClient Web pages wont load or load completely exe C WINNT system cwAgent exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe Web pages wont load or load completely C WINNT system wscntfy exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe c Program Files Microsoft Security Client Antimalware MpCmdRun exe C WINNT system wuauclt Web pages wont load or load completely exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll O - HKLM Run Hot Key Kbd Daemon SK DM EXE O - HKLM Run IgfxTray C WINNT System igfxtray exe O - HKLM Run HotKeysCmds C WINNT System hkcmd exe O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run BrMfcWnd C Program Files Brother Brmfcmon BrMfcWnd exe AUTORUN O - HKLM Run ControlCenter C Program Files Brother ControlCenter brctrcen exe autorun O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run Adobe ARM quot C Program Files Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe quot O - HKLM Run RIMBBLaunchAgent exe C Program Files Common Files Research In Motion USB Drivers RIMBBLaunchAgent exe O - HKLM Run MSC quot c Program Files Microsoft Security Client msseces exe quot -hide -runkey O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINNT system ctfmon exe O - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE O - Global Startup Printkey lnk C Program Files PrintKey Printkey exe O - Global Startup Turbo Tourney Scheduler lnk C Program Files theSidel... Read more

A:Web pages wont load or load completely

Do you have more then 1 computer connected to your modem/router? If so, does this happen on them? If not, can you connect a separate one (ex: friend's laptop) to test?

Normally when you get errors like this it's best to rule out a problem at the modem/router and provider before going crazy over trying to fix a problem (that may not exist) on your PC(s).

Also just a couple of other questions:

Who is your internet provider (ISP)?
What connection type do they use (Cable/DSL/Fiber/Fixed Wireless/Mobile Wireless)?
What is the make and model of your router and modem?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/445994/web-pages-wont-load-or-load-completely/
Relevancy 81.7%

I am having trouble with internet explorer (the newest edition) When I try to open it, it opens up, my homepage wont load and everything becomes non responsive the tool bars, file menus, even the "x" to close the window wont work. It completely freezes up. Worse yet, other users on this computer are having no problem using internet explorer when they are logged on to their side of XP. Why is it that when im logged on to my user name on XP that internet explorer wont work? I need help quick as all my favourites are saved in IE and I need to access some pages very soon. Im using firefox right now, and absolutely hate it. Please help me.

thanks, help soon im goin crazy trying to figure it out.
- O

A:IE Wont load (will load for other users using computer)

Hi IEProblem, welcome to TSF..

what happens when you run IE without add-ons?

- Right click the IE applet on your desktop and select 'Start without add-ons'

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/ie-wont-load-will-load-for-other-users-using-computer-146367.html
Relevancy 81.27%

Hi, I downloaded IE8 beta but could'nt get it to open so used system restore in windows XP to go back to IE7. When I click on the icon IE7 opens briefly and freezes and then closes, and if I right click I have the following options, open homepage, no addons, create shortcut, rename,delete and properties. Nothing happens if I click on these names.
In control panel there is no option to remove IE

A:IE 7 wont load after system restore from IE 8

Hello again, I have followed the link at the top of this section for removing and reloading IE 7 and have cured my problem.

Thanks for the opportunity to post my question

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/ie-7-wont-load-after-system-restore-from-ie-8-a-303655.html
Relevancy 80.84%

Hi all My mate's got a bit of a PC Jam he's asked me to fix His PC stopped booting and went to the startup repair screen where it said it couldn't do any more and his keyboard wouldn't work When I asked him to go to the BIOS the PC simply looped the POST Eventually when it did pick up the request for the BIOS it blackscreened System load simply BSOD Unmountable Repair does not Drive / Volume and crashed We tried making changes to the CMOS but BSOD Unmountable Drive Volume / System Repair simply does not load it made no difference I then took his hard drive back to my place to test it Sure enough it refuses to boot into windows and goes to system repair System repair does nothing and trying to format the hdd failed because windows couldn't find a harddrive to BSOD Unmountable Drive Volume / System Repair simply does not load install to We went back to system repair and checked if the C Drive was available via command prompt It was and through some digging on this and many other sites we found the guide relating to Hive Files After doing that BSOD Unmountable Drive Volume / System Repair simply does not load Windows Recognised the HD so we could install to it so we installed Windows onto the drive and saved the previous windows into windows old I wanted to see if we could keep his things intact before we wiped it and easy as you like it booted up loaded windows and worked as normal numerous restarts to test and it's fine He took it back and plugged it into his own machine and he got a Bluescreen with the Unmountable Drive Volume error Brought it back here plugged it in same thing Unmountable Drive Volume I tried to access System Repair and to boot via the disk to perform a clean install but in both cases it effectively stops SysRepair stops simply on the blue windows splash that appears in the background at first the egg timer goes but then it vanishes and nothing happens regardless of how long we leave it Booting from the disk yields a similar problem it gets to Setup is starting and then just never gets any further When I try to Shift F to bring up the command prompt on the first set up screen from disc boot it lets me run one command and then nothing else ie DiskPart gt gives me the MS Diskpart jibber jabber gt proceeds to new line gt I can type nothing else I've gone back and tried to use my Bios settings to maybe boot in safe mode or what have you but the only Adv Boot options I get are to boot from disc or hdd He's ordering new parts for his PC and a new mobo is on the list as well as a solid state drive but we're wondering if there might be a way to save the things on his HDD or at the very least reclaim it so it's useable again especially since I actually had everything back the first time

A:BSOD Unmountable Drive Volume / System Repair simply does not load

Heres one option
Peppermint Live CD/DVD/USB - Create for Emergency Backup

Sounds like something serious is going, after salvaging any data you can I would recommend running some hardware tests on the machine to get an idea of the root cause
Obvious place to start would be the HDD, go to manufacturers website and download their diagnostic software for your drive and run tests on the drive to see if you get any errors
May also be worth running memtest of the RAM

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/372721-bsod-unmountable-drive-volume-system-repair-simply-does-not-load.html
Relevancy 79.98%

okay heres the whole story i have no clue if the first part matters but im going to tell you it anyway yesterday i installed windows it works great and that's actually what i'm on now because vista wont restore. after vista a load wont system load so anyway after having my laptop multi-boot with vista and windows i was looking around the Microsoft website and relized that vista service pack is out i installed it it worked fine besides it was in classic mode and my personalization thing wouldn't load i know i know vista wont load after a system restore. that's from vistaglazz so i decided vista wont load after a system restore. to restore my laptop to before i downloaded service pack now that worked all fine and my old theme was back i unpatched the theme things by putting the original dll's and other files back so now i thought i could try to install service pack without a problem now wrong it did the vista wont load after a system restore. same classic view and the personalization crashing stuff so once again i tried to restore my laptop to before i downloaded service pack it worked all fine until i went to start my laptop back up it just stopped right before you have to type in your password to log into vista and says quot please wait quot then after like a minute or two the screen goes black with a little underscore in the top left hand corner of the screen then goes to the quot please wait quot message again i thought quot Oh maybe i can just restart my laptop and it will be fine nope i restarted it a few times and it did the same thing but i have no problem loading into windows so back to the point after all that stuff i decided to leave my laptop like that for a bit of time to see if it finally loads so i left it from pm to pm When i went to look at it it still was doing the same thing i tried all the safe start safe start with network safe start with command promp and repair your computer options All of them lead to the same thing this is really getting frustrating Please help just in case this will help i have the vista installation cd that came with my laptop here is some info about my computer dell inspiron came with windows vista home basic bit but now dual booted with windows AMD Athlon tm X Dual-Core Processor TK- GHz

A:vista wont load after a system restore.

Hello rileyrandom, welcome to Vista Forums!

I'm not at all sure this will help as it seems you may have really FUBARed your lappy; have a look at the tutorial, at the link below. A lot of people are having probs with VistaGlazz ansd the SP2.

System Files - SFC Command

Be sure to post back to keep us informed; maybe someone else will have some further suggestions for you.

Later Ted

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/229295-vista-wont-load-after-system-restore.html
Relevancy 79.98%

Hello I have a Dell Insperon Pentium gig memory and Operating load. [SOLVED] system wont dont know to much more about it right now I am a over the road trucker and that computer is at home The problem we are having is that we just moved to a place that is out of the cities and had to use dial up for [SOLVED] Operating system wont load. the first time on this computer [SOLVED] Operating system wont load. and that started a whole lot of issues It started to log on and would blue screen and say something about a physical memory dump I tried a bunch of stuff to no avail So I finally did a bios restore default and it started working So great But tonight my wife was having the same issue with it blue screening and i had her try [SOLVED] Operating system wont load. the default setting thing it the bios and now its screwed up When windows tries to start it doesnt and we get a message saying missing or corrupt file and it is the windows system cofig system Can someone help me I figured we could put the windows cd back into the drive but guess what we have none So now what Can anyone help sorry I am so vague but i am in new york right now and that computer is back in pine city mn at my house Thanks

A:[SOLVED] Operating system wont load.

well the blue screen issue sounds like a memory problem, if you could get your hands on another stick it would be a whole lot easier the reinstalling windows. as for not having the cd, you might be able to go to a computer store and have them install it using your cd key.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/solved-operating-system-wont-load-305617.html
Relevancy 79.12%

Hi, I have tried to get into system information via Programmes, Accessories, System Tools and it won't load. I get an error message saying Microsoft Help and Support has encountered a problem and needs to close.
I was trying to see what was going on with a usb/sony camera problem and only just noticed that I didnt have system information to refer to.
Can anyone help please?
Thank you.

Relevancy 79.12%

Hello for Refuses to XP load starters OS Xp Pro Sp HDD gb SATA Maxtpr HDD HDD IDE Maxtor HDD Video Nvidia GT SLI x MB ASUS A n SLI Ok now for the last minus the past months when I booted the comp with Corsair XMS meg memory I would have to hit escape when the windows logo came up or else it would go to a black screen and make XP Refuses to load my SATA hdd make noise like it was reading something but it would never leave the black screen One day I booted up and my BIOS would give me the error code for bad memory so I swapped the memory to another comp one stick came up bad I removed it and the other stick matched set was fine and I didn't even need to press escape anymore so the comp was basically fine and I figured the whole pressing escape problem was fixed Months ago I went away on vacation I came back and the stick I have in there was acting up and it went to the black screen again like that stick went bad So I threw both sticks into a friend's comp and they worked fine I also tried his memory in my comp in my comp the sticks acted like they were bad so I now know I do not have a memory problem Any tips solutions Any questions

A:XP Refuses to load

Bios may be having a issue. Might try and take a look in there and double
check settings. Check your version of bios and see if there were any
updates "flash's" for your type of problem.
What type of power supply are you running?

You may try clearing cmos and start over with the settings. Fresh start
so to speak..

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-refuses-to-load-150496.html
Relevancy 79.12%

When I try to boot up my compy, and I get to the Windows XP loading screen, it looks like it's doing stuff, but then it restarts my computer. I'm on a LiveCD right now. When I try to do Safe Mode it restarts at Mup.sys. Any ideas on why it's doing this?

Relevancy 78.69%

I've tried to repair xp through the boot cd but instead of letting me repair it stalls at examining after i push enter. I tried to do safemode but it stalls at giveio.sys. I have tried to use last known good config but nothing either my computer just keeps restarting each time i do it. I have a feeling its my hard drive but i don't know if it is can you please help me with this problem. Thank you.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-xp-wont-load-plus-i-cant-repair-it-434097.html
Relevancy 78.26%

For the past - days I have had a nightmare with my OS It seems to never want to load explorer exe I have replaced it repaired my OS - times cannot use sfc scan scanned my computer with so many scanners and programs The problem is that explorer exe refuses to start up Because I cannot run explorer exe this means to load. Explorer.exe refuses I cannot access My Computer etc I run everything through Task Explorer.exe refuses to load. Manager I can Explorer.exe refuses to load. see the start menu flash when I tell the computer to run explorer exe It is quickly terminated I see it in Task Managers Process menu also Explorer exe runs when the computer starts up too I believe it is a registry error or trojan Could someone please end this nightmare Current HijackThis Log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic sched exe C Program Files AntiVir PersonalEdition Classic avguard exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSvcHst exe C WINDOWS system cisvc exe C Program Files Common Files Creative Labs Shared Service CreativeLicensing exe C WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA exe C Program Files Diskeeper Corporation Diskeeper DkService exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C Program Files Google Common Google Updater GoogleUpdaterService exe C WINDOWS system LxrJD s exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C Program Files Prevx PXAgent exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor svcntaux exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor swdsvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AppCore AppSvc exe C Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeper exe C WINDOWS ehome mcrdsvc exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C WINDOWS system taskmgr exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor update exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system cidaemon exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Documents and Settings Fear Desktop Desktop Junk hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http runescape com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings AutoConfigURL http localhost proxy pac O - BHO IE pro - -E - DF-A - FCD B BF - C Program Files IE pro IE pro dll file missing O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - E A - - D F-BEAE-D A C - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared coShared Browser NppBho dll O - BHO IE x- x BHO for Internet Download Accelerator - A - C A- C - A A- FB F F B - C PROGRA IDA idaiehlp dll O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO Malicious Scripts Scanner - EA -F E - D A-B B - B FCB - C Documents and Settings All Users Application Dat... Read more

Relevancy 78.26%

all of a sudden, my comp froze earlier, so i turned it off then back on, but windows wouldnt load up, it would just stay at the windowsXP loading screen for a bit then restart and repeats the process.

i just dont know what to do and will accept any help if someone has an idea.

thx.

A:windowsXP refuses to load...why?

Have you tried booting into safe mode? Then run a disk check and automatically fix errors. If that doesn`t work Post back and I`ll see if I can think of anything else. Also you don`t say what was happening when your sytem froze? Regards Howard:grinthumb

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windowsxp-refuses-to-load-why.15313/
Relevancy 78.26%

Every time I go to start iTunes I get an unknown error (13026). I have tried uninstalling, reinstalling, even taking the iTunes folder from my old hard drive and overwriting it on this hard drive with it and yet it still refuses to load. Any idea's on fixing this would be appreciated.

Relevancy 78.26%

Hey guys,

In an attempt to figure out what's up with my memory issues, I downloaded Memtest86+

First I burned it to a CD, and rebooted with it. It sat in DOS with the Loading......... text. I left it for hours, but it would never go past that. Even after several different burn attempts.

Then I installed it to a USB drive, but I couldn't get the BIOS to boot to it. Any idea how it get a Gigabyte mobo to pick the USB drive first? I can't figure it out.

A:Memtest refuses to load!

It sound like either a bad image (a corrupted download file), or a bad burn. Try downloading the program again and burn another CD. If you did not use the native Windows 7 ISO burner then try that one.

To use a USB stick you can download va different file from Memtest, one for USB that has the boot loader you need included.

Memtest should start up in seconds. No need to wait more than that.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/277436-memtest-refuses-load.html
Relevancy 77.83%

Hi I have windows xp on a year old machine intel processor asus motherboard I had some pretty nasty viruses on it and i installed a free antivirus which was finding quite a few viruses anyway i found i couldnt restart in safe mode as i wanted to run virus scanner there as i noticed as soon as i turned the net on my computer went unusable It was getting stuck on mup sys when loading safe mode i heard that if you ran the windows xp disk and selected repair you could disable the mup sys and run safe mode then run antivirus Problem was my comp cd cant load Windows for xp repair restarting said a newer version of xp was running so i read that you should uninstall sp so i did that and it needed the xp cd to replace files after uninstalling Then i rebooted with the cd in to start up repair after altering the bios the load the cd first before the harddrive the cd started but stopped then the black windows screen loads there is a screen flash and it reboots over and over I tried changing the bios to load back to the harddrive as it was before and it still doesnt load up its totally stuffed What can i do now I will reinstall windows if Windows xp restarting cant load cd for repair its my only choice its just ill loose everything how can i boot from the cd it doesnt seem to work nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-restarting-cant-load-cd-for-repair.638684/
Relevancy 77.83%

Just joined forum -i upgraded from Windows7 to 8 and then 8.1 downloaded - no disc. Today Desktop will not load- says System 32 missing file needs repair.....no disc...
Googled and it seems the repair is on the drive somewhere but how do I access it?

There were two options - press F8 and I think Settings but nothing happens with either of those.

Have moderate experience but never reformatted and do not want to lose my files.
Operating system is on C Drive and Documents etc on a partition.

Any simple instructions would be so appreciated OR do I need a PC shop..

A:Repair when windows will not load and no disc

Can you get an Administrator command prompt or Task Manager ?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/60025-repair-when-windows-will-not-load-no-disc.html
Relevancy 77.83%

I have a Sony Viao with Win 7 Home Premium and I just deleted some form of Trojan with MS Security Essentials and then I ran windows updates before I restarted the machine. Windows update installed some security updates along with Service pack 1 and IE9. Now the computer will not load Windows. It goes straight to the startup repair but cannot fix the problem. There is not restore points other that when SP1 was installed and I gives an error every time I try to restore it. I can get to a command prompt and I have tried to run sfc /scannow but it tells me there is a system repair pending which requires a reboot and then does nothing. I also tried check disk(just as a last chance) but that didn't do anything. Is there any other way that I can repair windows without re-installing windows?

A:Windows will not load/Startup repair cannot fix

I got a system restore error code of (0x8000ffff).

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/219522-windows-will-not-load-startup-repair-cannot-fix.html
Relevancy 77.83%

Can someone please help me? I am close to tearing my hair out!

My laptop went down about a week ago. I have tried startup repair with the disk - the startup repair worked after I reset the BIOS settings to default. Restarted the computer and it started checking E: Recovery - got to 61% and then froze again. Back to startup repair and this is the details:

Last successful boot time: 1/19/2013 12:18:39 AM (GMT)
Number of repair attempts: 16

Session details

System Disk = \Device\Harddisk0
Windows Directory = C:\Windows
AutoChk Run = 0
Number of root causes = 1

I have no idea where to turn next - I really don't want to have to completely wipe my computer and reinstall windows and I can't upgrade unless I am actually in Windows - which of course I'm not.

If anyone has any ideas or can help in any way I would be eternally grateful!!!

A:Windows 7 will not load - tried REPAIR and still won't work

Work through these steps for Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Boot which try everything possible to start it, then if necessary copy out your data to run factory Recovery or get the superior Clean Reinstall with the disk provided.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/275824-windows-7-will-not-load-tried-repair-still-wont-work.html
Relevancy 77.83%

Hiya all,
My problem is that I rebooted my computer and it now wont start up. I did not change anything and the reason I rebooted was because of a network issue unrelated to the computer.

So here is some details.
gigabyte mobo (dual bios) ga81pe775 pro
4 x 512mb ddr400 ram
sata and ata hdds (4 in total)
pentium 4 3ghz processor
I removed all of the ram and inserted one stick in slot one to make sure it was not the issue.Retry loading and it does the same thing.

It loads up and freezes when it gets to the memory test. I tried each of the sticks of ram individually but no problem.All display the bios menu and then it stops.
Does anyone have any suggestions or solutions or theories of what might be happening?
Thanks for your time.

Relevancy 77.4%

i am running windows xp i think something wiped out my yahoo messanger and my windows live messanger and now my computer refuses to let me access the internet explorer my computer still runs its updates and i have active internet going to my machine when i try to access the to all refuses load the way internet explorer internet it loads about half way and stop and i have to end internet explorer refuses to load all the way program to get out of it i am running ca security i also have been recieving dll initialization failure reports for something called fudog and CRTCmediacontroller and yet when i run an internal search can find neither program installed internet explorer refuses to load all the way into my system am also not able to access d drive which has double copied everything from c drive when i did a reformat of my comp it will not delete from d drive or even open my computer is an e machine any help would be awesome thanks to all taking time to read answer any of these issues

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/internet-explorer-refuses-to-load-all-the-way-273265.html
Relevancy 77.4%

Argh....My computer refuses to load some webpages.For example, in IE, I keep getting "The Page Cannot Be Displayed" or stuff like this:Whereas in Firefox, I get this:The page I am trying to load is verified to be online. I can get it on other computers in the network. I recently scanned my computer with the latest SpyBot and Ad-aware.Suggestions? Please?

A:Computer Refuses to Load Webpages

Go into internet explorer, click on tools options, then click on advanced and look for a checkbox that says use friendly errors and unchec it. Then try to visit a site that does not work again and post another screenshot

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/18929/computer-refuses-to-load-webpages/
Relevancy 77.4%

iexplore will not let my xp load every time i reboot i have to cntrl alt del iexplore any help would be apreciated i have dloaded hijack refuses to load iexplore32 xp [Resolved] let and this is the log i get Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL http www search-explorer net search page php R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Default Search URL http www searchnow ws search R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main SearchURL http www search-explorer net search page php R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http www search-explorer net search page php R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http wer-mit-wem webhop net R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http www search-explorer net search page php R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http www search-explorer net search page php R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch http drvvv com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http drvvv com jf-home [Resolved] iexplore32 refuses to let xp load phtml R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http sbvr com searchbar html R - HKLM [Resolved] iexplore32 refuses to let xp load Software Microsoft Internet [Resolved] iexplore32 refuses to let xp load Explorer Search SearchAssistant http www search-explorer net search page php R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Internet Exploder R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http www searchgateway net search s O - BHO no name - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO no name - D E -C - D-B C - FE AB B - C WINDOWS System Favorite dll O - Toolbar no name - BackBitmapIE - no file O - HKLM Run IELoader iexplore exe O - HKLM Run zBrowser Launcher C Program Files Logitech iTouch iTouch exe O - HKLM Run WhenUSave C PROGRAMF Save Save exe O - HKLM Run Uninstall quot C Program Files Common Files Totem Shared Uninstall upd exe quot LASTCALL adverts stripsaver com StatsStripSaver O - HKLM Run Tweak UI RUNDLL EXE TWEAKUI CPL TweakMeUp O - HKLM Run Trickler quot C WINDOWS System fsg b exe quot O - HKLM Run SystemTray SysTray Exe O - HKLM Run Spy c windows run x exe O - HKLM Run Sentry C WINDOWS Sentry exe O - HKLM Run SBHC C Program Files SuperBar sbhc exe O - HKLM Run Regx EXE C Program Files ATI Multimedia RemCtrl ATIX exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C WINDOWS SYSTEM qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run NeroCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run msbb C Program Files TwistedHumor Rich Black Cartoon msbb exe O - HKLM Run MoviePlace quot C Program Files MoviePlace MoviePlace exe quot H O - HKLM Run LVCOMS C Program Files Common Files Logitech QCDriver LVCOMS EXE O - HKLM Run KeyLaunch C Program Files KeyLaunch KeyLaunch EXE O - HKLM Run Kernel Kernel exe O - HKLM Run InCD C Program Files Ahead InCD InCD exe O - HKLM Run HydraVisionViewport viewport exe O - HKLM Run HydraVisionDesktopManager desk exe O - HKLM Run Glass k C Documents and Settings george Desktop Glass k exe O - HKLM Run FastUser C WINDOWS System fast exe O - HKLM Run EM EXEC C PROGRAMF Logitech MOUSEW SYSTEM EM EXEC EXE O - HKLM Run CoolSwitch C WINDOWS System taskswitch exe O - HKLM Run AHO C WINDOWS AHO exe O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM RunServices IELoader iexplore exe O - HKLM RunServices Kernel Kernel exe O - HKCU Run IELoader iexplore exe O - HKCU Run Yahoo Pager C Program Files Yahoo Messenger ypager exe -quiet O - HKCU Run WeatherCast C Program Files WeatherCast Weather exe q O - HKCU Run TransTask quot C Program Files Tweak-XP Pro transtask exe q... Read more

Relevancy 77.4%

Just before I was trying to install PagePlus X when it asked me for the disk I pressed ok thinking it was a just a temporary error but it came up again There was a second CD/DVD Load CD/DVDs! To Refuses Drive disk with the package so I put that in but yet CD/DVD Drive Refuses To Load CD/DVDs! again to no avail I then looked at the drive in Explorer and realised that it did not mention that there was a disc in so I double clicked on the icon and got this So I restart and the same error comes up I have now tried with numerous CDs and DVDs but nope it recognizes none And I ve manually re-installed the drivers but again to no avail I ve even tried in Safe Mode but not even then does it work I ve tried troubleshooting CD/DVD Drive Refuses To Load CD/DVDs! but that didn t work either The Device Manager lists no problems says it s fine So what the hell CD/DVD Drive Refuses To Load CD/DVDs! is the issue I m running XP SP nbsp

Relevancy 77.4%

In I bought a Toshiba Satellite -S that came loaded with Windows XP and has SP added This evening when I booted it up the usual log in screen came up and accepted my password It loads as far as the Toshiba default wallpaper and then does nothing The mouse pointer is visible and can be moved with the touchpad I can illuminate the CAPS Lock but there is no other indication that the keyboard is responding It does not respond to the Cntrl Alt Delete command I'm expecting to see the the 'Windows is Starting up' Window but it just freezes at the default the on to refuses laptop... load Desktop wallpaper I Desktop refuses to load on the laptop... have Desktop refuses to load on the laptop... no idea if the system Desktop refuses to load on the laptop... has crashed In the early stages the HD light flashes as though it's being accessed but when it gets to a point the HD light stops flashing and you can tell that the only thing spinning is the underbody fan I have not tried quot Safe Mode quot and am uncertain how to get there from this stagnated point Also I do not know how to get to the quot Last Known Good quot I tried some research on this forum but haven't found exactly how to address my problem with confidence As I was typing this post I got the quot Low Battery Warning quot advising me to switch to a wall socket So something is working but after plugging it in nothing further happens The laptop came with GB but I don't believe I'm that close to full capacity The last software I added was for a Creative webcam but that was more than two weeks ago and I haven't had any problems with it I don't believe I've been infected by any virus but I could be wrong I also have Toshiba's Recovery and Applications Drivers CD set of three but am afraid to use this This disclaimer advises it will reformat the HD and all my saved data will be lost Newborn pics and videos There also was a small Windows XP Home Edition booklet but no disk was inside the sealed plastic packet only a piece of cardboard I am posting from an old desktop with Windows loaded Any advice would be greatly appreciated Many thanks in advance

A:Desktop refuses to load on the laptop...

You can get to Safe Mode by pressing the F8 key as the computer boots up. Then select the Safe Mode option. Can you get in under safe mode?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/desktop-refuses-to-load-on-the-laptop-208074.html
Relevancy 77.4%

So Computer Refuses To Hack, Load Possible my wife and I are laying in bed and I hear a Bleep windows pop-up error sound and the computer restarts itself It got back to the user screen and I just clicked shutdown because I didn t have time to mess with it This morning I try to boot it and Possible Hack, Computer Refuses To Load it reaches the desktop graphic but the desktop icons never show up the start bar and lower right icons never show up and the windows intro music never plays So I shut it down since I had to go to work So my wife calls me at work and I suggest to try and start it in Safe Mode I had her run an error checking status on it and it says it cannot until next boot up Well she s already run error check and it says everything is - She s stated that if you try to start it in Safe Mode there s a huge list on a black DOS-type background with all the windows files on it I ll see if I can t get more information Do we need to format or is there anything else we can try

A:Possible Hack, Computer Refuses To Load

Hmm, well I've fiddled with it a little bit.

I can CtrlAltDel and bring up the processes screen, and I can run MsConfig from the New Process button.

Man, that's weird. All the desktop icons are gone, and the start bar is completely gone. Just a mouse cursor, and the background.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/61670/possible-hack-computer-refuses-to-load/
Relevancy 77.4%

When I start up my pc I get a screen that says quot We apologize for the inconvenience but Windows did not start successfully a recent hardware or software change may have caused this amp etc quot Then I am offered with a bunch of options to either Start in Safe Mode Safe Mode with Networking Safe wont load wont Computer restart/windows Mode with Command Prompt Start Windows Normally Last Known Good Configuration None of them work the safe mode ones show a bunch of lines of code as per normal when starting up safe mode then it freezes and stops and eventually goes back to the screen mentioned above Same for and Computer wont restart/windows wont load windows blue loading bar screen comes up then the screen turns black and nothing After a few mins my computer restarts again and goes back to the screen mentioned above Prior to my computer not being able to restart load windows I had some pop up vundu trojans i was trying to remove Did some research after about hours finally removed it A couple days after i started receiving quot generic host process error quot Something to do with explorer exe program So i ctrl alt del and explorer exe was taking up cpu usage At this point i tried to minimize task manager and my computer froze up I waited about an hour came back and still nothing so i manually turned off my computer and turned back on And now it will not restart I have no idea where my windows xp disks are or even if i have them I found what appears to be the solution to my explorer exe problem here gt http support microsoft com kb However as i said i cannot boot up my computer at all I was rummaging through a box of disks and found what appeared to be back up disks i threw one in and up came MSDOS is there a way to boot up windows in safe mode from there Any suggestions and help would be greatly appreciated Thanks By the way i am using windows XP service pack i believe cant recall exactly nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-wont-restart-windows-wont-load.640393/
Relevancy 76.97%

Used to have win upgraded to a couple weeks ago Randomly process. repair Windows stuck in not will load, yesterday the computer turned off I turned it back on and it said it shut down incorrectly and it was going to go through the repair process It kept going through a Windows will not load, stuck in repair process. loop and would never complete that process Windows will not load, stuck in repair process. It gave me some other options such as system restore which I tried but it could not find any restore points Then I tried another option which was the last viable one unfortunately I don't recall what it was but I remember it implied to me that it would be rolling back my operating system to Windows instead of being my previous OS I let this run over night and I came back to it in the morning and it was still sitting there I turned the computer off and then back on and it automatically went back into that process I am unsure if my hard drive is faulty or if the OS is corrupted or something Can I do something in BIOS to bypass this and get into windows Should I reinstall windows on this harddrive or buy a new one Thankyou for any feedback and information

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/windows-will-not-load-stuck-in-repair-process-1057610.html
Relevancy 76.97%

Hello i would appreciate all the help i can get. I have an acer aspire 5742 laptop. I was running windows 7. I do not have a disc as it was already loaded onto laptop that was a gift. Machine was running ok, it would overheat from time to time as i think the battery was on its way out, anyway thats not the problem. 2 days ago it switched itself off, when i tried to reboot i got a screen saying windows failed to start with options to -launch startup repair or - start windows normally.
when i choose start startup repair it says in grey at bottom of screen loading windows files then it goes to a black screen and freezes.
If i choose start windows normally it says starting windows and logo appears, then it just crashes. Please help me.

A:Windows will not load and crashes on startup repair

What is on the crash screen?
Boot into advanced boot options Advanced Boot Options
and select :
Disable Automatic Restart on System FailurePrevents Windows 7 from automatically restarting if an error causes Windows 7 to fail. Choose this option only if Windows 7 is stuck in a loop where Windows 7 fails, attempts to restart, and fails again repeatedly.

Now crash information stays on your screen.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/268767-windows-will-not-load-crashes-startup-repair.html
Relevancy 76.97%

Hi all Lately my computer has been acting really strange via startup I got a WP Phone for Christmas and installed Zune so I can sync to from the phone and Zune was is a nightmare That was all sweet The next day I started up my computer but it would not finish loading It would display starting windows with the clip playing and still continuing but after minutes or so it would not go past it I launched startup repair and it detected an issue on boot and still didn t work I went into safe mode and noticed that the day before Windows had installed an update I uninstalled it and it fixed it I booted up my computer fine after that However the next day it did the same thing I went into startup repair and it couldn t detect anything wrong with it I created a restore point the day before incase I needed to do it again I went into safe mode and disabled run load, repair won't every time startup Windows Zune from starting up on boot I restarted my PC thinking that it Windows won't load, run startup repair every time might be fixed but Windows won't load, run startup repair every time it wasnt I started up startup recovery again and it said Unspecified changed to sstem configuration might have caused the problem repair action system restore The system restore didn t work I went into safe mode again had a look around and looked for any more latest installed updates incase it updated again but the latest update was last month I restarted my PC and it still didn t boot I tried booting up in debugging mode and I was able to log in but shortly after my computer hung So frustrated I loaded startup repair again It detects nothing and says that the OS is booting fine So I restarted my computer and it booted great Is there any reason to this I m worried I ll have the same problems when I restart my computer next or load it up tomorrow Sorry for the long text I hope it makes some sense Thanks in advance nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-wont-load-run-startup-repair-every-time.971289/
Relevancy 76.97%

ok this is gonna be a bit long but i want the details there the issue pc is my old pc it has windows its an asus msn-la motherboard i cloned this drive and used it in my new pc after a few months my new pc's drive died and load finnaly does things takes it load to forever slow load pc once very i took the old drive from the issue pc witch was pc takes forever to load things load very slow once it does finnaly load not giving issues at this time and stuck it into my new pc until my replacement drive came when i got the replacement drive i cloned the drive again onto the replacement drive and then put the new drive in the new pc had no issues there put the old drive back pc takes forever to load things load very slow once it does finnaly load into pc takes forever to load things load very slow once it does finnaly load the issue pc this is when issues started the pc booted up to the windows desktop loading screen fast but once it got there it sat there for like min before loading into windows once it loaded into windows it was un usable for around min while it loaded background stuff once it finally loads into windows if i try to open anything its still responding extremely slow is there anything i could do to fix this or is this going to me a re install only situation i did try to use a windows disk to do a startup repair but it claimed i couldn't do it because i dident install from that disk

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/pc-takes-forever-to-load-things-load-very-slow-once-it-does-finnaly-load-1145545.html
Relevancy 76.54%

Hello. Imagine Windows XP without the taskbar or any folders, just the desktop wallpaper. That's what it looks like when I log into my XP account. I can use applications through task manager however. Very weird. Right now, I am using firefox to post on this forum. I opened firefox through task manager.

What is the problem here? Can someone please help? Thank you

p.s. I've had problems with adware/malware recently.

A:XP refuses to load. Stuck with desktop wallpaper.

Might try going to a restart and by tapping f8 upon re start you will go into the safe mode. from there try a system restore to a point before this problem happened

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-refuses-to-load-stuck-with-desktop-wallpaper.943582/
Relevancy 76.54%

Ever since installing 178.24 driver Ive not been able to load the nvidia control panel. It just says this program has stopped working.

Ive tried uninstalling it and installing it again and also trying same with the beta 180 driver.

Is there anything I can do to fix this?

A:Nvidia control panel refuses to load

Hi swarfega,

I use this version of the driver (178.24) and have had no problems with the control panel. Try rolling back the driver until you are back to the one from the initial Vista installation and then see if that makes any difference when you reinstall it.

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/189011-nvidia-control-panel-refuses-load.html
Relevancy 76.54%

Hi,

I need to reinstall windows xp on my desktop computer. the computer will not load from CD (i tried adjusting the boot sequence in bios already).

i basically need a boot disk that will recognize my CD-rom.

can someone give me a link to somewhere where i can create on?

thanks!

Relevancy 76.54%

Argh....

My computer refuses to load some webpages.

For example, in IE, I keep getting "The Page Cannot Be Displayed" or stuff like this:

Whereas in Firefox, I get this:

The page I am trying to load is verified to be online. I can get it on other computers in the network. I recently scanned my computer with the latest SpyBot and Ad-aware.

Suggestions? Please? :blink:

A:Computer REFUSES to Load Webpages - ARGH

It looks as though your computer has been hijacked. Go here www.greyknight17.com and click on AntiSpyware Section and follow the instructions.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-refuses-to-load-webpages-argh-53716.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Hello I started a thread at PCPitstop com and they sent me here a link to Crash,windows repair disk need load, vista can't that thread My linkSYSTEM INFO vista business SP CPU C D E gigs ram Geforce GT GB HD gb free of ish This last week or so my computer has started acting wierd Programs are locking up for several seconds at a time - geting the Crash,windows can't load, need vista disk repair quot not responding quot message on most or no message at all This includes system functions as well such as rightclicking a desktop icon my computer for instance or even trying to ctr alt del to bring up the task manager it can take up to a minute or more before it goes to the task manager select screen then another Crash,windows can't load, need vista disk repair minute or more for it to actually bring up the task manager Also programs don t seem to be closing out of memorry properly they close but if you check the task manager there they are sucking down memory some can be quot end proccess quot ed and some can t you hit the end button and get all the right messages but the process refuses to end I ve run AV and mallware scans with avg windows defender spybot s amp d and malware bytes and cleaned out all the mallware etc they found but the problem persisted Then I decided to start things off with a defrag since i havn t done one in far too long auto deferag was turned off and i download and delete alot of largish files continously and it was one of the things mentioned by the PCpitstop scan I downloaded Diskkeaper Pro and did a manual defrag about HOURS later it finally finished restarted the next day everything seems normal then the computer hardlocks and goes to a black screen had to be hard reset power switch in the back i wasn t home for that crash just got the aftermath upon restart i get a black screen that says window couldn t start because a file was missing corrupt File windows system config systemstatus xC e Said to insert my windows vista disk and try to repair I did this after the - times it managed to fix whatever was wrong enough to boot normaly at this point i plugged in my external HD and backed up everything i could think of including doing a windows recovory backup image That last said it had problems do to some bad clusters I then did a checkdisk i think it had a few disk errors fixed everything seemed to be running more or less normally again This evening i started running scans the first one DDS ran fine the second GMER exe i thought i d try in regular mode first and if it didn t work properly id do it in safemode it launched ok but as i was trying to uncheck the aproppriot boxes i got a BSDsaying PFN LIST CORRUPT Stop x E Upon reboot i get the windows couldn t start etc i put in my vista disk and did a system restore wasn t available for the last one as i had just cleared my restore points bah restore is successful reboots fine and now im back to here hehe A log of my DMP files follows as from this thread http www bleepingcomputer com forums topic html on these forums hope i did it right Wondering if my HD is failing or if windows is just suffering from normal degradation from years of use or some other wierd thing registry errors and the like really freak me out thanksMEMORY DUMP Microsoft reg Windows Debugger Version X Copyright copy Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved Loading Dump File C Users Owner Desktop MEMORY DMP Kernel Summary Dump File Only kernel address space is availableWARNING Whitespace at end of path elementSymbol search path is SRV c symbols http msdl microsoft com download symbolsExecutable search path is Windows Server Windows Vista Kernel Version Service Pack MP procs Free x compatibleProduct WinNt suite TerminalServer SingleUserTSBuilt by x fre vistasp gdr - Machine Name Kernel base x e PsLoadedModuleList x f cc Debug session time Tue Dec UTC - System Uptime days Loading Kernel Symbols Loading User SymbolsLoading unloaded module list Bugcheck Analysis Use analyze -v to get d... Read more

A:Crash,windows can't load, need vista disk repair

Your dump files list kglcapow.sys as a culprit.I believe, it's a part of GMER, so no worries there.Run hard drive diagnostics: http://www.tacktech.com/display.cfm?ttid=287 (or http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=28744&hl=hard+drive+diagnostic)Make sure, you select tool, which is appropriate for the brand of your hard drive.Depending on the program, it'll create bootable floppy, or bootable CD.If downloaded file is of .iso type, use ImgBurn: http://www.imgburn.com/ to burn .iso file to a CD (select "Write image file to disc" option), and make the CD bootable.For Toshiba hard drives, see here: http://sdd.toshiba.com/main.aspx?Path=ServicesSupport/FujitsuDrivesUSandCanada/SoftwareUtilities#diagnosticNote : If you do not know how to set your computer to boot from CD follow the steps here

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/368885/crashwindows-cant-load-need-vista-disk-repair/
Relevancy 76.11%

Howdy everyone I m working on a Samsung e a laptop and I m getting severely frustrated so maybe someone here can help point me towards the tools I need to figure this out WIndows won t load On startup I get the screen that says a previous run of Windows has failed to load propperly and reset. factory Windows load. repair. Solved: Or won't Or 7 lets me try to Launch Startup Repair or Start Windows Normally If I start Solved: Windows 7 won't load. Or repair. Or factory reset. Windows normally I get to the windows logo and it freezes If I try to boot into safe mode it loads up to a certain file then just hangs there If I launch the startup repair I get to a screen with a mouse cursor and pretty blue wall paper but no repair recovery utilities ever actually load If I use a Windows Repair disc I get the same thing The same pretty blue wallpaper but no window full of recovery options If I hit F on the Samsung splash screen to try to load from the recovery partition I get a DIFFERENT pretty green wall paper that says quot Please wait quot and again no tools ever load Ever If I use a windows installation CD that I have sitting around from another computer it at least loads to a window where I get the options to install windows or repair windows If I select repair the window vanishes and I m once again left with pretty blue wallpaper and a mouse cursor No recovery tools or options I have a copy of Hiren s BootCD installed onto a thumb drive I ve tried loading Mini Windows XP from it but it fails to load and reboots me right back to the quot A Previous attempt to load Windows has failed quot screen I ve successfully booted the system using the Linux based Parted Magic from there I ve managed to copy almost gigs of data from the harddrive to back it up I ve been trying my best to research the problem and the two things I ve most commonly seen people say all over the place is quot Check the memory quot and quot The HDD is probably failing quot I ve got Memtest running right now and given the ish gigs I just copied I don t think it s the harddrive but I ll be happy to run whatever diagnostic is recommended to verify that I tried running the Disk Health program in Parted Magic but honestly couldn t tell one way or the other from looking at the report whether or not my disk had any problems or not Obviously I d love if I could just repair windows so it boots or repairs or does anything I m happy to wipe to factory settings if I have to though and the recovery partition appears in tact I just can t get Samsung s software working to use it Is there maybe a way to copy the partition and use it to make some system recovery discs from another computer Or bypass their software altogether and kickstart an installation from some kind of a command prompt or from linux or anything I d certainly appreciate any input anyone can give me nbsp

A:Solved: Windows 7 won't load. Or repair. Or factory reset.

Memtest86 has run for almost 12 hours now, completing 10 passes with zero errors.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-7-wont-load-or-repair-or-factory-reset.1144900/
Relevancy 75.25%

My screen goes blank between windows xp loading screen and my desktop. My desktop doesnt load or come on at all. Everytime I turn on my computer before loading windows goes directly to Black screen with OS choices(I think thats what its called)....Can someone please help ive tried everything.
Sincerely,
Melissa79

Relevancy 75.25%

hey anyways im on my friends laptop because on my computer and wont Windows load! XP downloaded some torrents checked with NOD as like any other person the next day i booted and than Windows XP wont load! my msn Windows XP wont load! loads and than it loads than i put on safari and than BAM i crashed it was bad it was frozen for minutes and than decided Windows XP wont load! to restart than the evil NTLD or something like that came up i restarted a few times and got the same messege and than i shut off the power bar than on it now says its missing my windows system config system ouch now i go into safemode and than it gives the same error windows system config system kk so now im here heres the worse part i cant find me ORGINAL windows xp cd dam so can i get a fix do i use the bartPE anything i just want to scan and clean the system and keep ALL OF my files well except the bad ones please please HELP kk just tell me what to do because i have it somewhere but i have another question can i install vista but have all of my files STILL there or would i have to back up than a clean install of vista

A:Windows XP wont load!

can i install vista but have all of my files STILL there??? or would i have to back up than a clean install of vista?No, best to have a fresh install.Is your computer going to be able to handle Vista system requirements?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/177095/windows-xp-wont-load/
Relevancy 75.25%

We ve tried everything we could think of to repair this Gateway laptop EXCEPT Recovery discs and the only recovery disc I do have is for XP and 7 Windows Help! wont all... load at I do not want to go back Help! Windows 7 wont load at all... to XP as I Help! Windows 7 wont load at all... want Win We ve tried -F Safe mode options NONE of them work--they just go straight to a blue screen that flashes quickly and then goes right back Help! Windows 7 wont load at all... to reboot the PC -Startup Repair It doesn t go very far the screen will say its loading files and then will stay there for at least - minutes before going to a blank black screen The only thing that seems accessible is the BIOS Boot Menu when I press F And I was told to use a COLD BOOT on the laptop and let it sit for hours because the person who told me to do so said it worked for an old pc of theirs in the past but I doubt SERIOUSLY would do anything to help the situation Any ideas And thanks for the help in advance nbsp

Relevancy 75.25%

Hey guys/girls, i am posting here not really because I have an issue about not being able to load into windows. But its more of a question that I am asking, I have tried to find the answer out there, but its just not finding what exactly it is i am trying to do.

I do computer work on the side, and I have no copies of any windows CD, I have had a few people ask me to fix their computers because they cannot load into Windows. I am able to run Ubuntu to recover their data, but how to I get their Windows back up and running. Is there like a recovery disk available online or something, I dont know. But 95% of people do not make backup disc or have their CD's. What is my option, without installing a illegil copy.

A:Wont Load into Windows

Do they recieve a BSOD when loading Windows?

Can they boot into Safe Mode?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/wont-load-into-windows-652768.html
Relevancy 75.25%

Hello The other day we had some power spikes and I sadly discoved my power strip didnt protect my computer It must have restared my computer at least twice before I got to it Now all I get is the screen that says Windows did not shut down properly and how would I like to restart Safe Mode with networking last known config or normally I have tried all of the options it shows the loading windows which stops way then I get a blue screen and then it returns to the Windows did not shut down properly screen I can not get beyond this point I dont know all the wont Windows load info about my computer by memory and cant access it so I Windows wont load apologize for what I'm lacking Its an HP Media Center m n Windows XP Media Center I have tried disconnecting Windows wont load everything but the mouse monitor amp keyboard Unplugging the power supply then replugging it Windows wont load in and starting the computer but nothing changes Thanks in advance and any help is greatly appreciated Theresa

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-wont-load-442127.html
Relevancy 75.25%

For some reason, Windows XP is not loading. It says Windows did not start succesfully. A recent hardware or software change might have caused this. When I try to start it on SAFE MODE, it says a problem has been detected and windows has shut down to prevent damage to the computer. Unmountable_boot_volume. It also says, techinical information, STOP: 0X000000ED (0X826A9D80,0XC0000006,0X00000000,0X00000000). This is on a blue screen after doing Windows recovery. Please help!

Relevancy 75.25%

Hello i've had a problem with my other computer XP Windows load wont for some time now and have tried many things but to no avail maybe someone can help Its an old P dell with MB RAM When i try to load windows by turning it on it first does the whole bios thing checks the ram etc but no sign of windows loading it just goes from the bios stuff to a blank black screen with a horizontal flashing line on the Windows XP wont load very top left of the screen Now i know it detects the drive as it shows up during the first loading I know the hard-drive and windows installation on it work as they work on my other computer So far ive tried different hard-drives re-installing XP many times changing graphics cards trying with different ram sticks taking out the sound card but im still in the same position Could it be the motherboard or bios or something Any help is greatly appreciated

A:Windows XP wont load

Try to reset the BIOS........ Take out the CMOS battery for about 10Min and put it back.... Also go to Bios and select Fail Safe Default settings!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-xp-wont-load-136599.html
Relevancy 75.25%

I have this HP laptop and everytime I turn it on I keep getting this error message. SOmething on the lines of:
Boot failed...press ctrl alt del to restart.

If I choose F2 to change the boot setup, I can load it with the Norton CD right? Or is it something totally different?

Thanks for all your help!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-wont-load.437256/
Relevancy 75.25%

Hi, Iv just had a problem where my user profile wont load.
And i ended up fixed and now if i turn on my computer it will load a black screen.
and it will stay on the black screen for a while then my computer will restart and do the same thing.
If i get my computer into safe-mode it will work but it if i try to load it normally i wont load.
Any fixes?

A:Windows Wont load?

Start with the sfc /scannow command from an elevated command line in safe mode.

if you still have issues with sfc being unable to repair anything , use

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

and then restart the PC and re-run sfc /scannow again.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/46867-windows-wont-load.html
Relevancy 75.25%

My windows does not load. Once the windows logo appears it freezes then restarts.
I did launch startup repair and it goes to black screen with white arrow, nothing else.
I tried to recover factory settings, and it said missing a file.
I pressed F8 and and did the start from last good config. Nothing also.
I did disable auto restart and blue screen gave me this:
unmountable boot volume stop: 0x000000ED (0XFFFFFA8004F575D0, OXFFFFFFFFC00000B5, 0X0000000000000000, 0X0000000000000000)
Thanks

A:Windows wont load

if you can access the bios see if you can load the hard drive.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/496791/windows-wont-load/
Relevancy 75.25%

hi i have a toshiba laptop with Windows XP home installed

the computer loads till where it says Windows Xp home edition after that hte screen goes blank and a blue screen appears and disappears really quick

i was wondering if there is any way to fix this

thank you in advance

A:windows xp wont load...

Try this. As it's booting, continuously tap F8. This will (hopefully) take you to a screen where you can choose boot options. Try 'Last known good configuration'.

If that doesn't work, come back.

Scorp.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-wont-load.425971/
Relevancy 75.25%

Hey guys I have a problem. I start up my computer and it does its thing, but then after it goes through the step with the microsoft logo and the little blue bar below it the computer screen goes blank instead of showing my desktop. Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this? The computer worked fine and then it froze up my brother he shut it down and then it wouldn't load. Thanks.

A:Windows Wont Load

Hi topkartracerFirstly, does the computer reboot when this happens?From what you have described it seems like you are either havign hardware or driver issues. Even possible malware.Try seeing if you can boot into safe mode. Reboot your computer and tap f8 continuously.Let me know if you can successfully boot to safe mode.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/146000/windows-wont-load/
Relevancy 75.25%

Hi, I started laptop and windows won't boot up. I tried f8 options, safe mode and last good configuration and nothing. What to do. I have no recovery discs or anything. Laptop only 3 months old.

A:Windows Wont load

What was the last thing you did or what did you do differently the last time you used it. Install any programs, updates etc....Any sign of life at all? Giving us the brand name and model number would be a big help and I should add this has to be hardware so it should be covered by warranty as well.
One easy thing to do is pull power supply out and the battery which is usually released by switches on the laptop underside. Then plug it in again without the battery and try to boot it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-wont-load-638445.html
Relevancy 75.25%

Windows started freezing after month of use It locks up in the quot Loading Windows quot screen during the animation I have tried using Windows repair upon boot Load Windows 7 Wont but it locks up also Sometimes i get a -Beep sound coming from my CPU which should signify a CMOS Setting Error I have tried booting in safe mood which still locks up Attempted last known good configurations Also i have removed the battery from the CPU and reentered BIOS and tried quot Fail Safe Configuration quot as well as quot Optimal Configuration quot I switched HDDs Attempted to boot CD-ROM first and reinstall windows but that failed to load also All attempts i made have no impact Does anyone have any ideas on how to get my PC to boot Below is my current set-up x Case CoolerMaster HAF Gaming Case - Black x Processor AMD FX- CPU x GHz MB L Cache x iBUYPOWER PowerDrive PowerDrive Level - Up to Overclocking x Processor Cooling Liquid CPU Cooling System Windows 7 Wont Load AMD - ARC Dual Silent High Performance Fan Upgrade Push-Pull Airflow x Memory GB GB X DDR - Memory Module - Corsair or Major Brand x Windows 7 Wont Load Video Card AMD Radeon HD - GB Windows 7 Wont Load - Single Card x Video Card Brand Major Brand Powered by AMD or NVIDIA x Motherboard Gigabyte GA- A-D -- AMD x Motherboard USB SATA Interface Motherboard default USB SATA Interface x Power Supply Watt - Standard x Primary Hard Drive TB HARD DRIVE -- M Cache RPM Gb s - Single Drive x Optical Drive X Blu-Ray LG BLU-RAY Reader DVD R RW Burner Combo Drive - Black x Flash Media Reader Writer -In- Internal Flash Media Card Reader Writer - Black x Meter Display NZXT Sentry Touch Screen Fan Controller amp Temperature Display x Sound Card D Premium Surround Sound Onboard x Network Card Killer Gaming Network Card x Operating System Microsoft Windows Home Premium Office Starter Includes basic versions of Word and Excel - -Bit

A:Windows 7 Wont Load

Hi and Welcome to TSF!

Did you replace the CMOS battery? How long does the computer stay on for before locking up?

Do the following: Boot into Safe Mode with Command Prompt

Then type: chkdsk /f and restart the computer.

Let Windows check for a bad hard drive.

After that is done. Download Memtest86+ and use IMGBurn to but it to a CD. Then change the boot order to boot from thr CD and allow MemTest to get 20 passes. That will check for bad RAM. Write down any errors (red) and post back.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-wont-load-663931.html
Relevancy 75.25%

My mom turns on her computer and gets this:

=====================================================

We apologize for the inconvenience, but Windows did not start successfully. A recent hardware or software change might have caused this.

If your computer stopped responding, restarted unexpectedly, or was automatically shut down to protect your files and folders, choose Las Known Good Configuration to revert to the most recent settings that worked.

If a previous startup attempt was interrupted due to a power failure or because the Power or Reset button was pressed, or if you aren't sure what caused the problem, choose Start Windows Normally.

Safe Mode
Safe Mode with Networking
Safe Mode with Command Prompt

Last Known Good Configuration (Your most recent settings that worked)

Start Windows Normally

Use the up and down arrow keys to move the highlight to your choice.

======================================================

No matter which option I choose, it just comes back to this screen.

Relevancy 75.25%

hi, I have an old packard bell pc It has a pentium 233mhz processor, 96mb of ram and a 8gb western digital harddrive
I formated the harddrive and started installing windows 98se but when the windows installation restarted the computer for the first time it loaded a little bit then before it went back to the windows installation it stoped and it just said os load in progress
and made a fast continues beeping sound.

A:pc wont load to windows

do you get the beeps when you first turn on the computer if you do note what they are and go here to find out what they are telling you www.bioscentral.com

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-wont-load-to-windows.133017/
Relevancy 75.25%

windows wont load without the cd, get an error message saying non system disk or disk error. please insert and strike any key! can anyone help please!?

Relevancy 75.25%

My hp omni 100 got knocked over and froze when restarted it wont load windows .I ran diagnoses s.m.a.r.t failed error biohdd-8. is there a simple fix for this or need repair shop?

A:Pc wont load windows

The jolt has either damaged the hard drive or corrupted Windows. I hope you have back-ups of your data. It's an all-in-one computer and difficult to work on but you should have little difficulty reaching the hard drive. Maybe you can repair Windows if it's a software problem otherwise you will need to replace the hard drive.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-wont-load-windows.206065/
Relevancy 75.25%

I have a problem with Winows XP professional I deleted some of the $ntupdate files yesterday and compressed some of the files and this morning the PC won't boot up it comes up with an error message "ntldr is compressed cntrl-alt-del to restart" is there anything I can do?

Thanks

Shane

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-xp-wont-load-474363.html
Relevancy 75.25%

Hey guys
I can't find my previous post about this..

I was having a problem with my computer not booting/loading while my nvidia 8500gt is installed. gets to the scrolling green bar thing with microsoft corp. under it then goes black where the windows emblem should pop up and goes ding.

It was recommended i get a new power supply..i did...and still no love. Ive run a couple test from the vista install disk and from the boot menu and it says i might have a boot error...

any help would be greatly appreciated
thx
Jayson

Relevancy 75.25%

I am running windows xp my laptop is a eee pc i have had it a few years but it stopped loading windows just a black screen with a curser.thats it .it will load in safe mode with networking, but wont run restore or any anti virus software.it wont run in safe mode.and a pc repair tool said it was a google updater crash or somthin like that.I dont no were to start or finish help i need xp to do some work since win 7 wont do hyperterminal.

A:pc wont load windows

Welcome to bc. Windows 7 will do hyper terminal just fine. Sounds like you have a bad hard drive.

Does the ram count happen and can you get into bios setup? It's usually one of the function keys, f10 or f12, I don't know exactly on the eee pc.

If you can and you have a usb drive you can search google for guides on how to put xp or a rescue cd on the drive, boot to it, and correct the drive error.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/358160/pc-wont-load-windows/
Relevancy 75.25%

hi guys and girls i have a pretty bad problem with my pc at the mo i was on my wont 7 just Windows load... pc last night playing Windows 7 just wont load... a game or and i turned it off without any problem thought it was all and well but when i came back to turn it back on this morning it just wouldn't load i just get passed the mobo logo screen and all i get is this on a black screen where info is meant to be so i tryed to restart and boot a dvd with windows on it but it wouldnt boot so i tryed to get into the bios settings by pressing del on mobo logos screen but nothing i keep getting the same thing now what in gods name as happen i have never seen this before and i have messed up my Windows 7 just wont load... pc on more then once in my years of computing but always been able to get past it or reformat it but now nothing please help me out i have not long build my baby P thanks for you time

A:Windows 7 just wont load...

Quote: Originally Posted by XxLoneBearxX

hi guys and girls i have a pretty bad problem with my pc at the mo, i was on my pc last night playing a game or 2 and i turned it off without any problem, thought it was all and well, but when i came back to turn it back on this morning it just wouldn't load. i just get passed the mobo logo screen and all i get is this on a black screen where info is meant to be: ========================================= _ ========================================= so i tryed to restart and boot a dvd with windows 7 on it but it wouldnt boot so i tryed to get into the bios settings(by pressing del on mobo logos screen) but nothing i keep getting the same thing. now what in gods name as happen, i have never seen this before and i have messed up my pc on more then once in my 15 years of computing but always been able to get past it or reformat it but now nothing please help me out i have not long build my baby :P thanks for you time

So you cant boot from the dvd, you cant get into bios, you cant boot into safe mode? does the win 7 dvd boot on another computer?
Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/74340-windows-7-just-wont-load.html
Relevancy 75.25%

having trouble with netbook put norton on and it found some virus told me to restart computer when i did windows wont load getting a message this application has failed to start because themed32.dll was not found. Re-installing the application may fix this problem can any one help please not very good with computer jargon

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-wont-load.948077/
Relevancy 75.25%

Alright i just bought a full upgrade CPU Memory Motherboard Vid card I installed all of the items and configured BIOs Now when i attempt to start it up it goes through all fine until it starts to load window As the first bar is loading it crashes It goes to load... Windows wont a blue screen for less then a second and then restarts Then i tried load from Windows wont load... last known start configuration but the same things happens I also tried all of the safe modes they just load and restart So i then went to go to try to repair with my Windows Windows wont load... CD but when it gets to the screen where it asks you to select whether to repair or format or whatever my keyboard dosent work so i am stumped as to what to do PLZ help New Hardware Motherboard- http www newegg com product product asp item N E Video Card- http www newegg com product product asp item N E CPU- http www newegg com product product asp item N E RAM- http www newegg com product product asp item N E nbsp

A:Windows wont load...

you might get away with an 'in-place' upgrade (re-installation) but it is more likely that you'll have to re-install the operating system from scratch to avoid any glitches.

simply moving the hard drive into another computer (and your computer is now VERY different) rarely works out.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-wont-load.624454/
Relevancy 75.25%

Afternoon all I came home from work today and while playing World of Warcraft my pc froze So i restarted as usual but this time i didnt get past the bios boot screen It seemed to stop after saying quot PXE-E Media test failure check cable quot So i thought it was a fluke ocurrence being that ive never seen that message in the past yrs that ive had this computer So i restarted it Windows load wont again same thing So i turned it off opened her up and checked the cables Nothing seemed noticeably wrong so i closed her up and turned her back on This time i got past the boot screen with no Windows wont load issues but now its just staying at the windows loading screen Doesnt do anything else I am able to get into windows using safe mode if that means anything Any ideas or suggestions guys I apologize for not being able to post my specs but im posting this via my phone Im using Windows XP SP If theres a way to do something in safe mode with using the internet let me know and ill post whatever Windows wont load you need I await further instruction and ty in advance nbsp

Relevancy 75.25%

i have windows vista and can only start my computer in safe mode.
otherwise the computer turns on, i get the microsoft corporation loading page and then a black screen
i have tried restarting ,taking the battery out, system restore x3 and even when it did it i ended up with same black screen
if i go with 'load last good configuration' same result

has been running fine, i occasionally get the automatic system restore thing but normally thats enough to kickstart it but this has now been about 24 hours so very frustrating - any ideas welcome
help please!!
thanks

A:windows wont load

what are you running
video card brand and model
cpu
m/board
ram
power supply
brand
model
wattage

check the listings in the bios for 12v line voltages and temperatures and post them

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-wont-load.1077153/
Relevancy 75.25%

I have an emachines (E525) with windows 7. When I try to start up my computer I get directed to a windows error recover screen. At that point I am given 2 options.
1. Launch start up repair
2. Start windows normally.
If I pick option 2 I get stuck in a continuous re-booting loop that brings me right back to these options. If I pick option one. I just get a blank black screen.
I do not have any kind of recovery disk. what can I do? Any help would be appreciated

A:windows 7 wont load

There may be a 'recovery' partition on the hard drive. If there is (it's often hidden from Windows Explorer but the partition will be visible in Disk Management) you can invoke the recovery routine by pressing a specific key during the initial boot process. I believe that key is f11 for eMachines computers.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-wont-load-660436.html
Relevancy 75.25%

I just put a new system together p northwood msi mobo I am trying to take an old HD that i've got from a p system the one I am using right now and install it in my new system but WinXP wont start when I try The HD works fine when I put it back in the old system and even wont load Windows the new system will detect the HD just fine so I don't think it's a hardware problem Here is exactly what happens Windows goes to load and I get an error message saying windows may not have been properly shut down yadda yadda Prompting me to start in safe mode safe w networking etc If I choose safe mode Windows wont load I see a bunch of parths and filenames scroll and then the computer hangs When I choose normal or last known config option the WinXP loading screen flashes for a split second then a blue screen flashes for a split second and then it just reboots Very frustrating since I can't even see any error messages Anybody have and advice they can share Thanks in advance

Hello and Welcome to TSF

Your issue is probably putting a hard drive that has an O.S. on it from another system and trying to boot it. You are probably having driver conflicts.
In order to use that hard drive in the new system you are going to have to fdsik/reformat and install a fresh copy of your O.S.

Sure it will boot from the other machine, it is set to that particular system and its hardware.
I hope this has helped

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-wont-load-62738.html
Relevancy 75.25%

Hello. My daughter has a Dell laptop, running Windows XP. All service packs have been installed, and according to her all updates are current. She tried to start her computer one day, and got the following message:

Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt: \Windows\System32\Config\System

This computer has been through two nasty viruses, and also has Windows Recovery Console installed. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Try running the System File Checker, it will look for damaged files and repair them.Instructions 1. Locate your Windows XP installation CD. If you don't have one, you'll need to locate a directory on your system that's named"i386" (without the quotes). This directory may be on a hidden partition on your hard drive. 2. Go to Start, then to Run, and type in "SFC.EXE /SCANNOW"? (without the quotes - and with a space between the SFC.EXE and the /SCANNOW). Then press Enter. (For VISTA, go to Start and type in the above information, then go to the top of the box and right click on SFC.EXE /SCANNOW and select "Run As Administrator") 3. The program may (or it may not) ask you for your Windows XP installation CD - please insert it at the prompt. If it doesn't ask you for the CD this means that it wasn't necessary to replace any files. 4. In the event the the system asks you for the CD, you must visit Windows Update immediately after the scan is completed (Please note that there won't be any confirmation dialog - the program will just exit without telling you anything). 5. If this doesn't repair the problem with your system other troubleshooting procedures are required.*Credit for these instructions goes to USASMA.http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic43051.html

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/346199/windows-wont-load/
Relevancy 75.25%

HI

i was on my laptop and killed explorer.exe in task killer by accident. didnt know what to do, the screen gone blank (only background). i turned off computer. windows wont load. tried startup repair and system restore. always an erronr. then i tried to check if anything was wrong with memory (system restore option) and computer turned off. when i turned it on it was processing something for cca. 15min and then reported this error- stop: c000021a fatal system error. the initial session process or system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of 0x00000000 (0xc0000001 0x001003a8). the system has been shut down.

please help me!!!

A:windows wont load

What are your system specs?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/97904-windows-wont-load.html
Relevancy 75.25%

I have a new AMD Dual Core computer which I cannot get to install Windows XP on The specs of the machine are AMD Dual Core ASUS M NE mainboard GB SATA HDD GB DDR Ram MB GeForce PCI-E video card When i try to install Windows XP it boots from the CD Rom and loads the initial files before rebooting After the reboot it starts the setup process and gets to the minute mark before completion point However it never makes it any further than that before the computer shuts itself XP Windows load Wont down I have tried Wont load Windows XP both SATA and IDE drives with no success whatsoever before the computer shuts itself down I have tried approximately times to install Windows with only one success I was able to install Windows XP on the single occassion and I have had no problems with the computer at all This was pure luck as I havent been able to install it again Does anyone have any ideas

A:Wont load Windows XP

Hi and Welcome to TSF

When you install on SATA you need to press F6 to install your SATA drivers, have you done this?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/wont-load-windows-xp-116488.html