Windows Support Forum

BSOD happens while gaming, idle, or minimal use.

Q: BSOD happens while gaming, idle, or minimal use.

Happens all the time couple of times per day while i'm using it.

Computer Specs

If you have any questions about it I will be here watching this page like a hawk and will respond ASAP

Thanks guys!
Michael
****UPDATE****

Beforehand my computer somehow manage to do a random OC which was causing my computer to become unstable (It was an under powered overlock) . It did a random blue screen last night and I'm not to sure why attached is the updated files.

****UPDATE****

Just to make sure you guys know I was unable to take off the Overclock for some odd reason. Here is the current voltages and what my Processor is going at.

-Voltages-
http://gyazo.com/0068f626414bded7f506969fee1d3b98

-Processor Speed-

http://gyazo.com/4f2314313032668323f49cbc07277def

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: BSOD happens while gaming, idle, or minimal use.

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: BSOD happens while gaming, idle, or minimal use.

Hello Michael and welcome to Sevenforums!

BSOD Analyse

Looking towards your dump I'd suspect memory failures. It could of course additional be a driver, but we'll usually suggest people to run Memtest86+.
Do a scan with Memtest86+. Memtest is a scanner that'll check your sticks for errors.

Warning
Note that the below instructions may break your WARRANTY rules. If you're unsure check manuals, separated warranty papers, stickers on computer for secure permission.

To ensure that we'll know if it's the slots on the motherboard that's broken, or the sticks itself - we have a little procedure we'll recommend. Remove 1 stick, scan the other with Memtest in the current slot. After 7 passes, move the stick to another slot and scan, and so on and so forth until you've scanned all the sticks, and all the slots, one by one.

Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

Drivers to be aware of

Code:
ebdrv Broadcom NetXtreme II Broadcom NetXtreme II Kernel Manual Stopped OK FALSE FALSE 4,096 794,624 0 12/31/2008 8:29:28 AM C:\Windows\system32\drivers\evbda.sys 4,096
There's an update for this driver available!
NetXtreme II 1 Gigabit Drivers | Broadcom

Code:
SCDEmu SCDEmu SCDEmu Kernel System Running OK TRUE FALSE 4,096 36,864 0 8/7/2007 8:19:48 AM C:\Windows\system32\drivers\SCDEmu.sys 4,096
|I've heard BSOD issues with PowerISO, I'd strongly recommend uninstalling it.|
PowerISO - Create, Burn, Mount, Edit, Compress, Encrypt, Split, Extract ISO file, ISO/BIN converter, Virtual Drive

Instead you could go for software like MagicISO.

Hotfixes

Maybe you've recently done a Clean Install of Windows 7, but I'd suggest you to download all recent hotfixes for your system. Hotfixes includes stability fixes, bugs fixes and much more.

Code:
Hotfix(s): 3 Hotfix(s) Installed.
[01]: KB2534111
[02]: KB2621440
[03]: KB976902
If you have any problems Michael just ask away.

Best Regards,
Frederik

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/238801-bsod-happens-while-gaming-idle-minimal-use.html
Relevancy 82.13%

I finished my new system build about a week ago and for so long I've been getting these annoying BSODs and freezes They can happen under load or they happen during idle during opening browser Sometimes my system won't go to bluescreen but it freezes completely I've tried pretty much everything in the BIOS even defaults no good Sometimes my system can be stable for hours sometimes crash follows load BSOD idling/under minimal while gaming or another Currently I even dropped my memory clocks below specified values i e slowed them down BIOS is updated to the latest version While Asus GPU Tweak was installed I got many more freezes so I uninstalled that Windows own memory check found nothing I know I should run memtest for countless hours to make sure no memory problems Also Intel's built-in graphics is currently disabled because I suspected it might be part of the problem During freezing Aero sometimes switches off display goes black for a second etc Those things lead me to believe that Intel HD Graphics might be the reason - x -bit or x x - an OEM or BSOD while idling/under minimal load or gaming full retail version OEM Windows Home Premium version Service Pack build - What is the age of system hardware see my system specs - What is the age of OS installation One week old installation I have zero ideas what to BSOD while idling/under minimal load or gaming try next but to reinstall or start eating my MOBO Thanks in advance if someone cares to take a look at my memory dumbs

A:BSOD while idling/under minimal load or gaming

You should take care of these first:
Code:
Blue Snowflake USB\VID_B58E&PID_F5A5&MI_00\7&C8D81F8&0&0000 This device cannot start.
Video Controller PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0162&SUBSYS_01621849&REV_09\3&11583659&0&10 The drivers for this device are not installed.
SM Bus Controller PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1E22&SUBSYS_1E221849&REV_04\3&11583659&0&FB The drivers for this device are not installed.
You do not have your Intel Chipset drivers installed which by itself can cause crashes. You also have not installed the drivers for you onboard video graphics. You should install them, and then disable the onboard video device in device manager if you do not intend to use it.

ASRock > Products > Motherboard > Z77 Extreme4 > DownloadIntel Management Engine driver
VGA driver

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/229946-bsod-while-idling-under-minimal-load-gaming.html
Relevancy 69.66%

UPDATE: got a new motherboard, and, RAM but the BSODs continue. Would really appreciate some help. They happen at very predictable times and are always the same two errors
Driver_IRQL_not_less_or_equal and Kmode_Exception_not_handled.

Almost all the information on the first page of this thread is no longer applicable as much of the hardware is different. I'm wondering if I should make a new thread for this, but the rules seem to state that I should keep using this one.

Please see page 2 for any and all current information on my attempts to fix this problem and find out whats wrong.

CURRENT System specs
OEM Windows 7 Home 64bit
Nvidia GeForce GTX460
8 Gigs G-Skill DDR3 1333
Asus M5A88-m micro Mobo

A:BSOD While idle or gaming

Any suggestions or help would be very appreciated.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/235091-bsod-while-idle-gaming.html
Relevancy 69.66%

Hello,

some info first:

My causin's computer is bsoding almost everyday, during gaming and doing basicly nothing in windows. I reinstalled his windows at my place, did OCCT and prim95 for a few hours, no BSOD. Also checked his RAM, no problems.

When his computer was back at home, after a day the problems came back, BSOD during battlefield 3 and surfing on the internet.. Als many different BSOD codes.

Because i didnt knwo what to do i tryed to put his MOBO with CPU in my case with my hardware (We have the same MOBO and CPU..). First day no problems and tonight i got the BSOD 0x124. While before with my own MOBO i never had any BSOD.. also for drives ect, its all updated or newest downloaded, for his and mine windows 7

So is his MOBO and or CPU broken?? i attached the dumpfile!!!

(during typing this i did a intel burn in test... succesfully ended!)

A:BSOD during gaming and idle

Quote: Originally Posted by tarreltje1979

Hello,

some info first:

My causin's computer is bsoding almost everyday, during gaming and doing basicly nothing in windows. I reinstalled his windows at my place, did OCCT and prim95 for a few hours, no BSOD. Also checked his RAM, no problems.

When his computer was back at home, after a day the problems came back, BSOD during battlefield 3 and surfing on the internet.. Als many different BSOD codes.

Because i didnt knwo what to do i tryed to put his MOBO with CPU in my case with my hardware (We have the same MOBO and CPU..). First day no problems and tonight i got the BSOD 0x124. While before with my own MOBO i never had any BSOD.. also for drives ect, its all updated or newest downloaded, for his and mine windows 7

So is his MOBO and or CPU broken?? i attached the dumpfile!!!

(during typing this i did a intel burn in test... succesfully ended!)

Caused by a general hardware complaint. There is also one file that might cause it called asacpi.sys
Asacpi.sys

The pre 2009 version of this driver is a known bsod cause.

Quote:
Please visit this link: Asus tek computer inc. -support- drivers and download p7p55d le

ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download P7P55D LE
ASUSTeK Computer Inc. - Motherboards- ASUS P5K-VM

Scroll down to the utilities category, then scroll down to the "atk0110 driver for windowsxp/vista/windows 7 32&64-bit" (it's about the 12th item down).

Download and install it.

Go to c:\windows\system32\drivers to check and make sure that the asacpi.sys file is date stamped from 2009 or 2010 (notbefore).

Your .dmp file shows a stop error of 0x124 which is a general hardware error .

Quote:
A "stop 0x124" is fundamentally different to many other types of bluescreens because it stems from a hardware complaint.

Stop 0x124 minidumps contain very little practical information, and it is therefore necessary to approach the problem as a case of hardware in an unknown state of distress

Some generic advice.

If you are overclocking STOP. Return to the default settings at least for now.
If you are running a RAID update its driver.
You can read more on this error and what to try here... Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/203640-bsod-during-gaming-idle.html
Relevancy 69.66%

Hello and greetings to all.

I dint understand my pc now..after i fresh format my pc after 2years of usage, i on genuine windows and uptodate till today..but i seems cant leave my pc on idle/downloading most of the time...when i wake up, my pc already restarted..just now while im watching a long series of drama, i get bsod and it said "BAD POOL HEADER"..its the first time i can catch the bsod error..please see attachment for the minidump..

A:BSOD when cpu is idle for long period, no bsod while gaming 4~8hours

Hi udin901.

The latest dump gives a notion that BitDefender caused the BSOD.

Code:
fffff880`0b267968 fffff880`0162d904Unable to load image avc3.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for avc3.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for avc3.sys
avc3+0xf904
Description here: Driver Reference Table - avc3.sys

The previous one states it clearly.

Code:
BugCheck C5, {8, 2, 0, fffff80003011127}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for bdfndisf6.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for bdfndisf6.sys
Probably caused by : bdfndisf6.sys ( bdfndisf6+1445 )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------
Description here: Driver Reference Table - BdfNdisf6.sys

Uninstall BitDefender. How to uninstall Bitdefender

Use Microsoft Security Essentials as your antivirus with windows inbuilt firewall, and free MBAM as the on demand scanner.

Download, install and update those, and then run full system scans with both of them, one by one.

Free up the startup. Windows does not need any other program to auto start with it, but the auto start programs often conflicts and causes various problems including BSODs.
Click on the Start button
Type ?msconfig (without quotes), click the resulting link. It will open the System Configuration window.
Select the ?Startup? tab.
Deselect all items other than the antivirus.
Apply > OK
Accept then restart.
Let us know the result.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/327240-bsod-when-cpu-idle-long-period-no-bsod-while-gaming-4-8hours.html
Relevancy 69.23%

Hey Guys,

I'm getting more and more frequent BSOD's on a new build whilst gaming and idle or browsing the web. Blue Screen View is pointing it's finger at ntoskrnl.exe

My system is custom built, only about 1 month old.

Win 7 Professional SP1 (retail)
i5-3570k - stock
ASRock Z77 Extreme 4
Sapphire HD 7850 - stock
8gb G.Skill Ripjaws
Crucial M4 64bg boot drive
1.5tb external HDD
XFX Pro 750w PSU

I had messed around with a bit of OCing at the start but have everything set to stock now.

Mosy common culprits;

MEMORY_MANAGEMENT 0x0000001a

PFN_LIST_CORRUPT 0x0000004e

SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 0x0000003b

Oh I reinstalled AVG the other day as there was 2 BSODs attributed to that so that does not seem to be causing trouble anymore

Hope I've attached everything ok.

Any help would be great!

:EDIT: I tried running the perform /report but it's just sitting there running and nothing is happening.

A:BSOD during gaming and idle - ntoskrnl.exe?

You included the executable for gathering the blue screen crash reports and not the reports themselves. Please follow the http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html more carefully and upload the full reports.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/237701-bsod-during-gaming-idle-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 69.23%

Hello all and thanks in advance for any help to come my way Two days ago my system started Blue screening for the first time since I built it months ago It first started happening while playing Diablo While Idle BSOD Crash / Gaming and streaming using the streaming software Xsplit broadcaster and now it has happened while Idle BSOD Crash While Gaming / Idle with nothing running while I slept overnight All windows updates BSOD Crash While Gaming / Idle are installed Latest drivers for my video card are installed All software I use is up to date as far as I know System Info OS - Microsoft Windows Professional SP -bit - OEM Case - COOLER MASTER HAF Advanced RC- -KKN -GP Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case with USB Black Interior and Four Fans- x HD - SSD - Mushkin Enhanced Chronos MKNSSDCR GB quot GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive SSD HD - Western Digital Caviar Black WD FAEX TB RPM SATA Gb s quot Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive MB - ASUS Maximus V Gene LGA Intel Z HDMI SATA Gb s USB Micro ATX Intel Motherboard CPU - Intel Core i - K Sandy Bridge GHz GHz Turbo Boost LGA W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics PS - CORSAIR Professional Series Gold AX CMPSU- AX W ATX V v EPS V v PLUS GOLD Certified Full Modular Mem - CORSAIR Vengeance GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR Desktop Memory Model CMZ GX M X C R GPU - EVGA -P - -AR GeForce GTX Fermi MB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card So far I have crashed twice while Idle times while playing Diablo twice while streaming with Xsplit and twice with only being in skype while playing I turned on the small memory dump reporting as advised in another thread but it might not have caught any errors yet If I missed something please let me know and I will update it asap quot EDIT quot All parts aside from the GPU are two months old all from newegg bought new The GPU was also bought from newegg years ago quot EDIT quot I had paging file turned off and now it is on Further crashes will now report correctly I didn't know they wouldn't report without it on Could the crashes come from having it off sorry I'm not so good with all this stuff Thanks in advance for any help tips advice

A:BSOD Crash While Gaming / Idle

Problem Devices:
Code:
SM Bus Controller PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1E22&SUBSYS_84CA1043&REV_04\3&11583659&0&FB The drivers for this device are not installed.
PCI Simple Communications Controller PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1E3A&SUBSYS_84CA1043&REV_04\3&11583659&0&B0 The drivers for this device are not installed.
The above devices are Intel drivers. Install all Intel drivers from your motherboard support site: Chipset, VGA, LAN, USB, SATA. I am surprised the system has been running as well as it has without those drivers. ASUS - Motherboards- ASUS Maximus V GENE
After installing the Intel VGA driver, disable your Intel graphics in Device Manager: Start Menu -> Right click Computer -> Manage -> Device Manager from the list on the left -> Expand Display adapters -> Right click Intel display device -> Disable
Nothing to indicate what your crashes were, unfortunately. And yes, disabling your pagefile can cause crashes. It is best to have at least 4 GB reserved for the pagefile for programs that expect it to be there.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/236062-bsod-crash-while-gaming-idle.html
Relevancy 69.23%

Hi guys After I installed pairs of the exact same RAM modules I began to get multiple BSoD randomly with many different codes As for now I have been running a memtest v for almost hours passes errors The BSoD only occur when surfing or idling - not when gaming for hours My PC is with this setup MSI Z -G Gaming eVGA SuperNOVA G i - K GHz OC MSI R X GAMING G GB GB G Skill Sniper MHz set to XMP profile in BIOS x GB Samsung Pro GB WD GB WD TB When resetting BIOS to standard no XMP profile active RAM running at MHz and CPU as stock nothing seems to be wrong and no BSoD apparently Before I installed the new RAM modules I never got BSoD I can do heavy Photoshopping watching HD movies i VLC media player and heavy gaming like gaming idle only BSoD surfing - not and BF and GTA V without any issues but as soon as the PC is idling i'm surfing or PS media player is streaming video to my PS it will come suddenly Can you see something wrong with the DM collector collected files

A:BSoD only surfing and idle - not gaming

A stop 0x3B BSOD is most possible on a counterfeit windows install.

Code:
Produkt-id: 00426-OEM-8992662-00173 ===> ASUS
Oprindelig installationsdato: 14-03-2014, 23:06:41
Systemets starttid: 15-05-2015, 17:10:57
Systemproducent: MSI
Systemmodel: MS-7821
The OEM key of ASUS is valid on ASUS branded PCs only, not on a MSI retail motherboard. And such a counterfeit windows installation is not worth troubleshooting because of its own virtue.

There may be some other reason behind the BSODs, but you first need to eliminate the most problematic part. Get a legit windows license and activate a fresh windows install with it. Let us know for any further issue. We will be right here to assist you.

Code:
BugCheck 3B, {c0000096, fffff80003ad753b, fffff880040444a0, 0}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!SwapContext_PatchXRstor+87 )

---------

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/369985-bsod-only-surfing-idle-not-gaming.html
Relevancy 69.23%

Usually it happens when I am playing a game BF CS GO GW but sometimes it happens while idling or while I am browsing the internet I have tried to resolve the issue myself but without success so here is everything I have done recently to fix the issue Reformat did not work Default BIOS settings did not work while Random or gaming BSOD idle no overclocking anyways Random BSOD while gaming or idle Tweaked BIOS ram settings to XMP which made the issue happen less frequent went about a two weeks with no restarts I know that voltage readings from BIOS aren't very reliable but the v is running around - v for the past couple of months I tested the PSU with a multimeter and everything was OK I switched out my GTX for a spare GT and did not get a restart but with how random they are I can't blame the video card definitively I am at a loss for ideas Any help would be appreciated If you need anymore info let me know I thought the issue had been resolved previously in http www sevenforums com crashes-d ml post Sorry for the repost but I was unable to get help in the previous topic Thanks in advance Regards xTko

A:Random BSOD while gaming or idle

The last couple of dumps indicate a timeout after an attempt to reset the video dirver. Are you sure you have the correct drivers for your OS and card?

Code:

Loaded symbol image file: nvlddmkm.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys
Image name: nvlddmkm.sys
Timestamp: Tue Oct 02 13:21:13 2012 (506B3099)

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/274168-random-bsod-while-gaming-idle.html
Relevancy 69.23%

I've recently been having issues with BSOD on my system, it's been happening at least three times a day. So far I've updated graphics drivers, run memtest86+ and made sure the temps are staying low.

One thing that is consistent is that if it happens while I'm gaming, it will freeze, and if I attempt to Ctrl-Alt-Del, it says "Preparing Security Options" and then will BSOD. Not sure if that helps determine the problem.

I'm not sure how to interpret the dump files, so hopefully someone can help with the issues I'm having. Let me know if I need to add more files.

Thanks!

A:Constant BSOD mostly while gaming, but also while idle

Just remembered, before it crashes, it has mentioned an I/O error, as well as something to do with a .dll file causing issues

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/352712-constant-bsod-mostly-while-gaming-but-also-while-idle.html
Relevancy 69.23%

Hello,

i dont know why, but my Pc is having a hard Time.
It has many BSODs since some months (2) ago, and i still couldnt fix the problem.
I already tested the ram with memtest.
CPU/GPU stresstest.
Antivirus checkup.
Malewarebites checkup.
Also did a Clean windows instalation 5 times already
Everything is OK but i still get BSOD.

last 2 error codes i got was:
0x00000050
atikmdag.sys

and

0x0000003B
System_service_Exception
I also read here in the forum and did already a "Check Windows for corruption" SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker with no Errors.
i Hope u can help me!
Thx

My System:
-Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3 ,Intel P35, ATX, PCI-Express
-Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 Tray 4096Kb, LGA775, 64bit, Conroe
-Samsung HD501LJ 500GB 7200,16 MB Cache
-Samsung SH-S182D bare schwarz
-be quiet! Straight Power 500 Watt E8
-2GB-KIT DDR2 MDT , PC6400/800, CL5 (2 times)
-Creative Sound Blaster X-FI Xtreme Gamer
-ATI Radeon HD 5750

A:Getting random BSOD! sometimes during gaming or idle!

Hello,

Since no1 answerd yet i started to try other stuff.
I changed my Graphiccard (with the one on my Parents PC)
so now i traded my ATI HD 5750 for a Nvidia GTX 260.
Everything was working fine but then, again Bsod with this codes:
0x0000007E and right after boot another1 with the code 0X00000024

So i made a backup of all important files and started a new Clean Installation of windows 7.
Right after the installation on the Starting Screen of Windows 7 i got a new BSOD with this code:

0x00000019
Bad_Pool_Header

Im desesperate :S
Hoping for any support

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/238805-getting-random-bsod-sometimes-during-gaming-idle.html
Relevancy 68.37%

My specs:
Proc:q6600
Hdd:250 GB
Graphics:8800GT
Ram:2x2GB

I runned memtest and it always passed it...when i play games or listen to musik or do something else it never happens.....Just when the computer is idle and rarely when i am browsing...The most interseting thing is that i used to have XP on my machine and it never crashed in the beginning and it all went well 2-3 months without crashing before that same problem started.Then i installed a fresh copy of Windows 7 and it worked without BSOD for months and then it started to happen now, too...sometimes 2-3 days past without any problems and then sometimes it happens twice a day...Very unusual problem...here are the last two dupms
Thanks in advance

A:BSOD when idle,never when gaming or listening to music

The second BSOD suggests an issue with your Kapersky protection program. Also, your Kaspersky Lab BOot Guard Driver - klbg.sys - is from 2008 and should be updated

Quote:
Anti-Virus Removal:
Please do the following:
- download a free antivirus for testing purposes: Free AntiVirus
- uninstall the Norton from your system
- remove any remnants of Norton using this free tool: Download and run the Norton Removal Tool
- IMMEDIATELY install and update the free antivirus
- check to see if this fixes the BSOD's

If you wish to reinstall Kaspersky after the troubleshooting is done, please download a fresh copy from the Kaspersky website.

Also, please update your Adobe products (if there's no update available, uninstall them and then install a freshly downloaded copy).

Here's a summary of the BSOD's:

Code:
Built by: 7600.16385.x86fre.win7_rtm.090713-1255
Debug session time: Sat Jan 23 12:36:04.286 2010 (GMT-5)
System Uptime: 0 days 1:08:44.252
BugCheck 1000008E, {c0000005, 82cf02cd, a2fe9b60, 0}
Probably caused by : hardware ( nt!KiEmulateAtlThunk+1c9 )
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT
PROCESS_NAME: spoolsv.exe
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Built by: 7600.16385.x86fre.win7_rtm.090713-1255
Debug session time: Sat Jan 23 22:22:25.832 2010 (GMT-5)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:08:41.799
BugCheck A, {0, ff, 1, 82c3a86c}
Probably caused by : hardware ( nt!KiServiceExit+7c )
PROCESS_NAME: avp.exe
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/57992-bsod-when-idle-never-when-gaming-listening-music.html
Relevancy 68.37%

My computer is about a year old, and I've had the freeze problem from the very beginning. If I leave it idle for about 20 minutes, it'll freeze absolutely solid, with no remedy other than to hold down the power button. Even more strange, this freeze doesn't happen if I'm playing audio in windows media player (which I tested in an attempt to see exactly how long the freeze took to happen -- and it didn't.) Sometimes, I can move the mouse, but clicking does nothing, and that eventually locks up, too.

I don't know whether this is related, but it freezes frequently when I'm playing Minecraft or Torchlight 2, even with windows media player in the background. The freeze happens in a very similar way (mouse movement with no response, then losing that). Unlike the idle freeze, this actually makes it to a BSOD.

A:Freeze when idle/BSOD while gaming (storport.sys)

Welcome aboard.

Though storport.sys is listed as the probable cause, it cannot be the real cause at all, as it is a microsoft provided driver. So there must be some other storage related driver in your system which is causing the crashes. Let us see.

► well, there is nvstor.sys, nVidia Storage Drivers. And it is failing continuously.

Code:
fffff800`00b9b0c8 fffff880`04d8a4a7Unable to load image \SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\dump_nvstor64.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for dump_nvstor64.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for dump_nvstor64.sys
dump_nvstor64+0x54a7
Again, another time ...

Code:
fffff800`00b9c0a8 fffff880`01002d79Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvstor64.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvstor64.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvstor64.sys
So, it is the root of the problem. First try to update it. Drivers - Download NVIDIA Drivers. Search for nForce. If failed, simply uninstall it.

► NVIDIA nForce 10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet driver is also making some problems, but the nForce update will cover it, too!

Code:
lmvm nvmf6264
start end module name
fffff880`048c1000 fffff880`04914a80 nvmf6264 (deferred)
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvmf6264.sys
Image name: nvmf6264.sys
Timestamp: Fri Mar 05 06:34:39 2010 (4B9058A7)
CheckSum: 000565B2
ImageSize: 00053A80
Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
► Plan to update your display driver, too.

Code:
fffff800`00b9c548 fffff880`0f2a4cecUnable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
nvlddmkm+0x1facec
Let us know the results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/258388-freeze-when-idle-bsod-while-gaming-storport-sys.html
Relevancy 68.37%

hello..
i got this BSOD problem about 1 month ago.
i forget when its start to BSODing.

i already tried every method

1. running "sfc/scannow"
2. running "chkdsk"
3. running disk check tool "seatool"
4. reseating every single cable
5. reinstal new windows 7 with 3 different windows

i need help here.
really appreciate if u guys can give any method that i can try.
thanks alot before.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/382979-bsod-random-time-idle-gaming.html
Relevancy 68.37%

I have recently upgraded my computer which resulted in the need to do a fresh install of windows. I put on Win 7 Home Prem 64 with all the updates and hot fixes as well as all updated drivers (to my knowledge) for the mobo, gpu, etc.. I am running a Sabertooth 990FX, AMD FX8150, Liquid cooled, dual GTX680 gpus (2gb ea), 16gb (4 sticks) of Corsair (I believe) 1333 DDR3 ram. I have gone into the BIOS to set clock speeds to default or auto. I have not attempted to overclock at all.

A:BSOD C0000005 While gaming and Crashing while idle

It might help if your system time was USA, according to your profile, system is showing Europe.

Roy

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/400553-bsod-c0000005-while-gaming-crashing-while-idle.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Attachment Attachment I have had HDD issues when (gaming, browsing), during BSOD regular use web idle and for the past few months back in August I ran a thorough hard drive test on it and found out I had a bad hard sector within it and would need to replace it soon Now it is late December and I still don't have a new hard drive so I am sure some of these problems have occured due to that but lately I have had other issues When gaming I get x E stop error and my internet research has led me to believe that it could be my drivers for my GPU or my GPU itself So I would like your help to help me figure out what the heck is going on Thank you for your time BSOD during regular use (gaming, web browsing), and when idle I will include the dmp files now Edit Also these have not been my only crashes over the past few months some crashes happened without a BSOD stop error and my computer either just restarted itself or powered down But I imagine that would be the bad hard drive not something else

A:BSOD during regular use (gaming, web browsing), and when idle

Kinda sounds like what I have I have a bad sector with my hard-drive, but I only crash when I play game, browsing would be fine, on my thread he told me it has to do with my GPU throttling, but I can't figure out how to create a crash dump, the guide doesnt help me.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/316616-bsod-during-regular-use-gaming-web-browsing-when-idle.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi guys.

I'm new to this forum and I'm new to BSOD's solving, but my system started to randomly crash once in a while, and I noticed that the BCCode was always the same, D1 I think. It would be great if you could help me solving this issue.

I have Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Thanks

I'm sorry for my terrible English

edit: I forgot to say that I reinstalled windows 7 just 2 days ago and i had BSOD before. But since I reinstalled it, I had 2 BSOD already, both when I was away from my computer. Hope this helps you helping me

A:BSOD while idle, surfing the net or gaming: just randomly

Quote: Originally Posted by PedroPortnoy

Hi guys.

I'm new to this forum and I'm new to BSOD's solving, but my system started to randomly crash once in a while, and I noticed that the BCCode was always the same, D1 I think. It would be great if you could help me solving this issue.

I have Windows 7 Ultimate x64

Thanks

I'm sorry for my terrible English

edit: I forgot to say that I reinstalled windows 7 just 2 days ago and i had BSOD before. But since I reinstalled it, I had 2 BSOD already, both when I was away from my computer. Hope this helps you helping me

You uploaded the app instead of the data try this method

To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.

The procedure:

* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.

To ensure minidumps are enabled:

Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
OK your way out.
Reboot if changes have been made.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/167909-bsod-while-idle-surfing-net-gaming-just-randomly.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi Recently purchased a computer fully installed windows all the updates and drivers for my hardware everything is up-to-date I am getting BSOD all over the place i have tried the following memtest chkdsk deleted partition reinstalled windows tried different sata slot up-to-date drivers scanned for virus spyware defragged hdd Specs Windows SP bit Gigabyte GA-P X-UD -B Intel P DDR USB SATA Raid SLI CrossFire LGA PCI-E Intel Core i Sandy Bridge GHz MB W LGA Corsair CMX GX M A C x GB DDR - CL TB MB rpm SATAII EVGA nVidia GeForce GTX GB GDDR PCI-E ASUS DRW- B ST X DVD Writer SATA Seasonic S II Bronze W Plus Power Supply I will add all the mini dumps i have no idea how to read assess them so i'm hopeful someone will take a look and let me know what's wrong with this computer thank you i really appreciate it p s i need to get to work running late so i don't have time to do the system health report BSOD Dump amp System File Collection app i will do these later but for now i'm hoping someone could look at my minidumps that i've provided desktop gaming BSOD heavy idle from to there are of them in the rar

A:BSOD from idle desktop to heavy gaming

Quote: Originally Posted by Rekuja

Hi

Recently purchased a computer, fully installed windows 7 + all the updates and drivers for my hardware, everything is up-to-date.

I am getting BSOD all over the place, i have tried the following

memtest
chkdsk
deleted partition
reinstalled windows
tried different sata slot
up-to-date drivers
scanned for virus/spyware
defragged hdd

Specs

Windows 7 SP 1 (64bit)

Gigabyte GA-P67X-UD3-B3 Intel P67 DDR3 USB3+SATA3 Raid SLI+ CrossFire LGA1155 PCI-E
Intel Core i5 2400 Sandy Bridge 3.10GHz 6MB 95W LGA1155
Corsair CMX4GX3M2A1600C8 2x2GB DDR3-1600 CL8
1TB 32MB 7200rpm SATAII
EVGA nVidia GeForce GTX560 1GB GDDR5 PCI-E
ASUS DRW-24B3ST 24X DVD Writer SATA
Seasonic S12II Bronze 520W 80Plus Power Supply
I will add all the mini dumps, i have no idea how to read/assess them so i'm hopeful someone will take a look and let me know what's wrong with this computer
thank you, i really appreciate it!

p.s i need to get to work (running late) so i don't have time to do the system health report/BSOD Dump & System File Collection app

i will do these later but for now i'm hoping someone could look at my minidumps that i've provided, there are 4 of them in the .rar

These were caused by a memory exception. Please run these two tests to verify your memory and find which driver is causing the problem.
1-Memtest.

*Download a copy of Memtest86 and burn the ISO to a CD using Iso Recorder or another ISO burning program. Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

*Boot from the CD, and leave it running for at least 5 or 6 passes.

Just remember, any time Memtest reports errors, it can be either bad RAM or a bad motherboard slot.

Test the sticks individually, and if you find a good one, test it in all slots.

RAM - Test with Memtest86+

2-Driver verifier

Quote:
I'd suggest that you first backup your data and then make sure you've got access to another computer so you can contact us if problems arise. Then make a System Restore point (so you can restore the system using the Vista/Win7 Startup Repair feature).

In Windows 7 you can make a Startup Repair disk by going to Start....All Programs...Maintenance...Create a System Repair Disc - with Windows Vista you'll have to use your installation disk or the "Repair your computer" option at the top of the Safe Mode menu .

Then, here's the procedure:
- Go to Start and type in "verifier" (without the quotes) and press Enter
- Select "Create custom settings (for code developers)" and click "Next"
- Select "Select individual settings from a full list" and click "Next"
- Select everything EXCEPT FOR "Low Resource Simulation" and click "Next"
- Select "Select driver names from a list" and click "Next"
Then select all drivers NOT provided by Microsoft and click "Next"
- Select "Finish" on the next page.

Reboot the system and wait for it to crash to the Blue Screen. Continue to use your system normally, and if you know what causes the crash, do that repeatedly. The objective here is to get the system to crash because Driver Verifier is stressing the drivers out. If it doesn't crash for you, then let it run for at least 36 hours of continuous operation (an estimate on my part).

If you can't get into Windows because it crashes too soon, try it in Safe Mode.
If you can't get into Safe Mode, try using System Restore from your installation DVD to set the system back to the previous restore point that you created.

Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/189648-bsod-idle-desktop-heavy-gaming.html
Relevancy 68.37%

I just recently purchased gaming, of after hour Random whenever it an wants BSOD when idle, an external backup drive When I went to plug it in to my USB ports it would not detect I tried a and sure enough it works So I spend the next little while trying to update drivers to get the usb working Eventually I try another usb and it works I get the backup software installed and about an hour later the first BSOD happens I uninstall the backup software remove the drive and the BSOD's continue randomly I decide that I must have messed Random BSOD after an hour of gaming, when idle, whenever it wants something up trying to get the usb ports functioning properly and reload windows The BSOD continue and I end up going into the bios to reset to defaults I notice that I have a dimm slot reporting abnormal so I remove the dimm in question and the machine runs fine that evening The next day the BSOD's are continuing I put the dimm back in and start running memtest for about hours no errors I'm at a loss as to what the issue is I suspect I may have to RMA the motherboard which has been running like a top for the last years Any help is appreciated

A:Random BSOD after an hour of gaming, when idle, whenever it wants

Hello Drannin, and welcome to the Forums. What I am getting from your dump files is

Code:
BugCheck D1, {0, 2, 0, fffff8800193f0d2}
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for iaStorA.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for iaStorA.sys
Probably caused by : iaStorA.sys ( iaStorA+64024 )
Which is Intel Rapid Storage Technology (IRST)

Please uninstall it and see if that helps.

Also please open an elevated command prompt ( click start, type cmd in the search box, right click on the cmd entry and select run as administrator) in the black box that opens, copy/paste sfc /scannow. If you decide to type it, notice the space between the sfc and the /. It is a system file checker which will scan your system files and attempt to correct any missing or corrupt files. What we want are the results to say windows found no integrity violations. If it says files were found but could not be repaired, close the box, reboot and run it again, after opening the administrative command prompt. You may have to reboot and run it three times for it to repair all system files. If it can't repair them after 3 reboots, let us know.

Please fill out your system specs in as much detail as possible and include your PSU and CPU cooler.

See if any of those things will help.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/366032-random-bsod-after-hour-gaming-when-idle-whenever-wants.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Hey

I keep getting random BSOD for some unknown reason to me. I reformatted the drives i have both SSD and HDD but it still happens. the latest one was when i came back from my computer on a screensaver and once i moved the mouse and clicked on the Google chrome it just froze for a split second and screen went black. the restart then began after showing me the blue screen. Am i doing something wrong? i'm a bit panicy about the whole thing and just want it to stop as i'm getting a new gfx card soon. i thought it could mean i need new drivers for my motherboard or something along those lines however i'm not very good with computer an when i get my motherboard support page there is ALOT of things to download but i dont want to download everything in it causes conflicts.

Thank you for your time.

A:Random BSOD. Only during desktop/idle not while gaming.

Upload a screenshot using:CrystalDiskInfo For how to upload a screenshot or file, read here

Test your Hard Drive by running:Hard Drive Diagnostic ProcedureMonitor hardware temperature with system monitoring software like Speccy or HWMonitor:
Piriform - Speccy

CPUID - HWMonitorTest and Diagnose RAM Issues with Memtest86+:RAM - Test with Memtest86+ Pay close attention to part 3 of the tutorial "If you have errors"

Tip
Test the RAM with Memtest86+ for at least 7-10 passes. It may take up to 22 passes to find problems. Make sure to run it once after the system has been on for a few hours and is warm, and then also run it again when the system has been off for a few hours and is cold.

Code:
Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 1A, {41790, fffffa8009148860, ffff, 0}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+35084 )

---------
???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``

BugCheck 24, {c08a5, 0, 0, 0}

Probably caused by : dxgmms1.sys ( dxgmms1!VIDMM_SEGMENT::SafeProbeAndLockPages+229 )

---------
???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/298154-random-bsod-only-during-desktop-idle-not-while-gaming.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi there these last couple of days i've been experiencing BSOD intermittently this happens whether gaming or just browsing in chrome I thought it might have been or gaming idle attached BSOD HD6670 when .rar my GPU overheating so i BSOD when idle or gaming HD6670 .rar attached ran MSi afterburner but the temp's when idling were - however when the issue starts really bad screen lag then complete lockup all audio sticks then BSOD the temps were fine but the GPU usage would spike too Booting to safe mode i uninstalled all ATI drivers and ran regcure and driversweeper then performed a full scan with malwarebytes to check for virus etc i then removed my GPU from the mobo and ran with integrated graphics and it worked fine I left the computer unplugged from the mains for a good half hour then put the card back in and installed the latest drivers all it worked fine and i was playing arkham asylum without any issues i tabbed out to check facebook and when i tabbed in again my usb gamepad was not responding so i pulled it out and replugged then BSOD although it was a different one this time but i couldn't catch what it said my system specs windows ultimate bit i ATI HD GB ram TB HDD

A:BSOD when idle or gaming HD6670 .rar attached

Welcome to SevenForums.

7 out of 8 dumps come with BCC 116 go through: STOP 0x116: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR troubleshooting

Perform a clean install of the following driver(s) with driver sweeper:
Driver Reference Table

Code:
kd> lmvm xusb21
start end module name
a17ed000 a17fbb00 xusb21 T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: xusb21.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\xusb21.sys
Image name: xusb21.sys
Timestamp: Fri Aug 14 04:09:56 2009 (4A848F34)
CheckSum: 00017405
ImageSize: 0000EB00
Go through these tutorials:USB Driver - General Fix for Problems
USB Selective Suspend - Turn On or Off
Several issues:

AVG is not the best security software. It also contributes in BSOD-s often.

Code:
Start Menu\Programs\AVG Public:Start Menu\Programs\AVG Public
Uninstall and replace with Microsoft Security Essentials.AVG | Download tools and utilities
MSE is recommended from a strict BSOD perspective, compatibility & stability compared to other antiviruses/internet security software:-1. Microsoft Security Essentials - Free Antivirus for Windows
2. Malwarebytes - Free
3. Good and Free system security combination.
Do not start the free trial of Malware Bytes; remember to deselect that option when prompted.

Run a full scan with both (separately) once downloaded, installed and updated.

Uninstall the following programs as well:

Code:
Start Menu\Programs\DAEMON Tools Pro Public:Start Menu\Programs\DAEMON Tools Pro Public
Start Menu\Programs\RegCure Public:Start Menu\Programs\RegCure Public
Start Menu\Programs\Sandboxie Public:Start Menu\Programs\Sandboxie Public
Start Menu\Programs\Spybot - Search & Destroy Public:Start Menu\Programs\Spybot - Search & Destroy Public
Start Menu\Programs\MSI Afterburner LordBob-PC\Lord Bob:Start Menu\Programs\MSI Afterburner LordBob-PC\Lord Bob
Start Menu\Programs\MSI Afterburner\SDK LordBob-PC\Lord Bob:Start Menu\Programs\MSI Afterburner\SDK LordBob-PC\Lord Bob

Uninstall using the free version of Revo uninstaller. Uninstall in Advanced Mode so you'll have an option to clear registry leftovers.

For monitoring the heat/celsius of the system, use Speccy or HWinfo:Speccy - System Information - Free Download
CPUID - System & hardware benchmark, monitoring, reporting

Code:
Version 6.1.7600 Build 7600
Your windows is outdated. Install all updates including service pack 1:Learn how to install Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1)
Run the System File Checker. It allows the user to scan for and restore corruptions in Windows system files.1. Click on the
2. Type CMD on Search
3. Left click and Run as Administrator
4. Type SFC /scannow
Full tutorial here:SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker
Run Disk Check on your hard disk for file system errors and bad sectors on it:Disk Check
Free up the start-up, nothing except the antivirus is usually needed:Startup Programs - Change
Troubleshoot Application Conflicts by Performing a Clean Startup
Post back results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/268730-bsod-when-idle-gaming-hd6670-rar-attached.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi,

I have gone through the process of trying to figure out my BSOD problems. I ended up reinstalling Windows 7. After installing the latest drivers for everything I thought I had the problem solved.. not so much. The problems are still plaguing me, so I find myself here.

Here is my uploaded BSOD info using the Diagnostic tool provided in the sticky.

Thanks in advance!

A:Random BSOD while computer IDLE and Gaming

Welcome,

The dump does not give a definitive cause for a BSOD.

First get rid of AVG and replace with MSE from here: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...ity-essentials

See how long your computer is stable with MSE installed. If it still crashes, post the dumps again.

Then we'll try Driver verifier to rule out buggy drivers by following steps mentioned in the tutorial below.

Post back.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/250607-random-bsod-while-computer-idle-gaming.html
Relevancy 67.51%

I've started to get BSOD's lately, which started while playing Star Wars: The Old Republic, but now, sometimes occur when I'm watching a video or just idle on my desktop. The most recent error message I got was atikmpag.sys. I initially suspected a video card issue, but I have the latest drivers, according to AMD's website. I have attached the dump file. Any help would be appreciated.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/386204-bsod-while-gaming-idle-latest-error-atikmpag-sys.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Hello,

My Toshiba Satellite L675D-S7012 running Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit has been having random black screen crashes that require a hard reset. It happens completely out of nowhere and has occurred while gaming, watching movies, or when the laptop is just left idle. I have done a complete manufacture reinstall of windows and it worked fine for a while, but has started occurring again and I would prefer to find a permanent solution rather than just lose all my data again for a temporary fix.

Thank you,
Josh

A:Random BSOD's while gaming, watching videos, or idle

Hello and welcome Josh sorry you have had to wait so long. Mate in the dump files there is an issue with a Windows update hence the machine working ok after the install - until the culprit is installed again. Finding it is another thing but what I usually do is system restore and wait for the failure and then look at the latest batch of updates were and try to winkle it out.
There is also a reference to MBAM too and I am at a loss as to why that is mentioned and this seems to be the theme in this old thread Arc is great at this stuff Windows 7 Random bsod caused by tcpip.sys .

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *
BAD_POOL_HEADER (19)
The pool is already corrupt at the time of the current request.
This may or may not be due to the caller.
The internal pool links must be walked to figure out a possible cause of
the problem, and then special pool applied to the suspect tags or the driver
verifier to a suspect driver.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000020, a pool block header size is corrupt.
Arg2: fffffa800b64e5c0, The pool entry we were looking for within the page.
Arg3: fffffa800b64e5e0, The next pool entry.
Arg4: 0000000004020005, (reserved)
Debugging Details:
------------------

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x19_20
POOL_ADDRESS: GetPointerFromAddress: unable to read from fffff800034bc100
GetUlongFromAddress: unable to read from fffff800034bc1c0
fffffa800b64e5c0 Nonpaged pool
CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN7_DRIVER_FAULT
PROCESS_NAME: mbamservice.ex
CURRENT_IRQL: 0
ANALYSIS_VERSION: 6.3.9600.17298 (debuggers(dbg).141024-1500) amd64fre
LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from fffff800033b7cbe to fffff80003282ec0
STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`02a80398 fffff800`033b7cbe : 00000000`00000019 00000000`00000020 fffffa80`0b64e5c0 fffffa80`0b64e5e0 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`02a803a0 fffff880`01928d2d : 00000000`00000012 00000000`00000004 00000000`676e7049 fffff880`05fbf068 : nt!ExFreePool+0xd8a
fffff880`02a80450 fffff880`01636066 : 00000000`00000000 fffff880`016320c3 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`0b0ee790 : tcpip!IppInspectBuildHeaders+0x65d
fffff880`02a80730 fffff880`0920612d : 00000000`0000002c 00000000`00000014 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`0b974a80 : fwpkclnt!FwpsConstructIpHeaderForTransportPacket0+0x20a
fffff880`02a807d0 00000000`0000002c : 00000000`00000014 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`0b974a80 fffffa80`0b974a94 : mwac+0x612d
fffff880`02a807d8 00000000`00000014 : 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`0b974a80 fffffa80`0b974a94 fffff700`00000006 : 0x2c
fffff880`02a807e0 00000000`00000000 : fffffa80`0b974a80 fffffa80`0b974a94 fffff700`00000006 00000000`00000000 : 0x14

STACK_COMMAND: kb
FOLLOWUP_IP:
fwpkclnt!FwpsConstructIpHeaderForTransportPacket0+20a
fffff880`01636066 85c0 test eax,eax
SYMBOL_STACK_INDEX: 3
SYMBOL_NAME: fwpkclnt!FwpsConstructIpHeaderForTransportPacket0+20a
FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner
MODULE_NAME: fwpkclnt
IMAGE_NAME: fwpkclnt.sys
DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 533f5b09
IMAGE_VERSION: 6.1.7601.18438
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x19_20_fwpkclnt!FwpsConstructIpHeaderForTransportPacket0+20a
BUCKET_ID: X64_0x19_20_fwpkclnt!FwpsConstructIpHeaderForTransportPacket0+20a
ANALYSIS_SOURCE: KM
FAILURE_ID_HASH_STRING: km:x64_0x19_20_fwpkclnt!fwpsconstructipheaderfortransportpacket0+20a
FAILURE_ID_HASH: {863e217f-0693-d7a3-6d21-a4c5a3f57698}
---------

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/373982-random-bsods-while-gaming-watching-videos-idle.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Dear Sir/Madam

My Computer is giving me so much grief and i required your limitless expertise.

When i first put my computer together no problem at all. Now i installed some windows updates, games and new graphic card drivers. Now i'm getting BSOD.

My computer starts ok etc and my temperatures are in the low 30.

I tried to look into the issue my self but i cannot pin point it

Please help

Thankyou Kinds Person

A:BSOD during playing gaming and random Idle Time

Welcome

The BSOD's were caused by:

Code:
Built by: 7601.18247.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.130828-1532
Debug session time: Tue Apr 15 02:25:18.848 2014 (UTC + 6:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 2:40:50.675
BugCheck D1, {0, 2, 0, fffff8800193b0d2}
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for iaStorA.sys
BUGCHECK_STR: 0xD1
PROCESS_NAME: System
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Built by: 7601.18247.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.130828-1532
Debug session time: Mon Apr 14 03:06:49.030 2014 (UTC + 6:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 2:01:24.843
BugCheck D1, {1, 2, 0, fffff880019230d2}
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
iaStorF.sys Thu Oct 18 18:59:40 2012 (507FFD3C)
Intel RST (Rapid Storage Technology) Filter driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=iaStorF.sys

iaStorA.sys Thu Oct 18 19:00:54 2012 (507FFD86)
Intel RST (Rapid Storage Technology) driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=iaStorA.sys

Quote: Originally Posted by Golden

Remove Intel Rapid Storage Technology applications.

1. Uninstall it from Control Panel > Programs and Features.
2. Uninstall the driver from device manager:
- Right click on "my computer" icon and click "manage" on the context menu.
- In the "Computer Management" window that opens:
- Select "Device Manager" in the left pane, It will list all the existing devices.
- Expand "IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers" by clicking on the triangle in front of it.
- Select one Intel device item under it, right click, then uninstall.
- Repeat the process for all Intel items under "IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers"
3. Now restart the computer.
4. Once booted, Windows will auto configure the appropriate native system driver.

RTCore64.sys Mon Mar 11 11:32:06 2013 (513D6C56)
RivaTuner/EVGA Precision/MSI Afterburner (known BSOD issues w/Win7)
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=RTCore64.sys

Use Revo Uninstaller to uninstall stubborn software. Opt for Advance Mode while uninstalling which allows leftover registry removal:Download Revo Uninstaller Freeware - Free and Full Download - Uninstall software, remove programs, solve uninstall problems

Replace Avast with Microsoft Security Essentials for testing purpose.

Recommended from a strict BSOD perspective, compatibility & stability compared to other security software:

Microsoft Security Essentials - Free Antivirus for Windows

Malwarebytes - Free

Good and Free system security combination.

Reduce items at start-up: Startup Programs - Change

Perform a clean boot: Troubleshoot Application Conflicts by Performing a Clean Startup

Run a System file check (SFC): SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

Run Disk Check on your Hard Drive(s): Disk Check

Post screenshot(s) of your Hard Drive(s) using Crystal Disk Info Software: CrystalDiskInfo - Software - Crystal Dew World

Run a Hard Drive test: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/313457-seatools-dos-windows-how-use.html

Check for heating issues using Speccy or HWmonitor

Upload a screen shot: Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums

Keep us posted.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/328532-bsod-during-playing-gaming-random-idle-time.html
Relevancy 67.51%

I've been having random BSOD on windows 7 & Windows 8.1 (currently running 8.1) and had 2 BSOD within a few days of each other. One was whilst the computer was idle with nothing open whilst I was asleep and the other one whilst I was gaming.
Computer specs are:
Cooler - CORS CW-9060014-WW Hydro H110
CPU - Intel Core i7 4770K
Motherboard - MSI Z87-G45-GAMING MOBO
GPU - 3GB GByte GTX780 OC PCI-E
Power Supply - Corsair RM650 650W Gold PSU
RAM - 2 X 8gb Corsair DDR3 2133MHZ
Attachment 297679

Attachment 297680

A:Two BSOD whilst IDLE and Gaming (Dumps included)

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 1A, {8887, fffffa8004febfd0, fffffa8004cd2770, 504}

Probably caused by : hardware_ram ( ZEROED_PAGE_CORRUPTED )

---------
Take memtest. Run for 8 passes and test each stick in a know good slot for an additional 6 passes.

Quote:
The goal is to test all the RAM sticks and all the motherboard slots.

Check your motherboard manual to ensure the RAM sticks are in the recommended motherboard slots. Some motherboards have very specific slots required for the number of RAM sticks installed.

If you get errors, stop the test and continue with the next step.

1. Remove all but one stick of RAM from your computer (this will be RAM stick #1), and run Memtest86 again, for 7 passes.*Be sure to note the RAM stick, use a piece of tape with a number, and note the motherboard slot.
If this stick passes the test then go to step #3.

2. If RAM stick #1 has errors, repeat the test with RAM stick #2 in the same motherboard slot.*If RAM stick #2 passes, this indicates that RAM stick #1 may be bad. If you want to be absolutely sure, re-test RAM stick #1 in another known good slot.
*If RAM stick #2 has errors, this indicates another possible bad RAM stick, a possible motherboard slot failure or inadequate settings.
3. Test the next stick of RAM (stick #2) in the next motherboard slot.*If this RAM stick has errors repeat step #2 using a known good stick if possible, or another stick.
*If this RAM stick has no errors and both sticks failed in slot#1, test RAM stick #1 in this slot.
4. If you find a stick that passes the test, test it in all the other motherboard slots.

If Part 2 testing shows errors, and all tests in Part 3 show errors, you will need to test the RAM sticks in another computer and/or test other RAM in your computer to identify the problem.

In this way, you can identify whether it is a bad stick of RAM, a bad motherboard, or incompatibility between the sticks.

Information
Errors are sometimes found after 8 passes.

Tip
Do this test overnight, before going to bed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/315288-two-bsod-whilst-idle-gaming-dumps-included.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi, Ive been having almost daily or every couple days blue screen errors.

Every crash with me actively on the computer has been 0xd1 irql ndis.sys error.
There has also been crashing i think when the computer is returning from sleep or during sleep (powerstatefailure?)

I am mainly interested in solving the first type of crash, why its happening and what to do to prevent it.
It has happened twice now i believe while playing the game 'RuneScape', and other times in other situations i do not recall.

Crashes have either came up recently or have definitely been more frequent the past week or two.
I might have deleted dump files older than this month or last month.

This might be due to not having recent windows updates installed, i havent had the chance in awhile but i could upate now if the reports are pointing towards the lack of updates.

A:BSOD randomly gaming/idle 0xd1 ndis.sys

Please update your network driver to Version: 1.0.0.22 from https://www.atheros.cz/atheros-wirel...et=47&system=6

Let us know for any further BSOD.

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck D1, {28, 2, 0, fffff8800147a650}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for L1E62x64.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for L1E62x64.sys
Probably caused by : L1E62x64.sys ( L1E62x64+76b8 )

---------

2: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (d1)
An attempt was made to access a pageable (or completely invalid) address at an
interrupt request level (IRQL) that is too high. This is usually
caused by drivers using improper addresses.
If kernel debugger is available get stack backtrace.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000028, memory referenced
Arg2: 0000000000000002, IRQL
Arg3: 0000000000000000, value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation
Arg4: fffff8800147a650, address which referenced memory

Debugging Details:
------------------
READ_ADDRESS: GetPointerFromAddress: unable to read from fffff80002ec0100
GetUlongFromAddress: unable to read from fffff80002ec01c0
0000000000000028 Nonpaged pool

CURRENT_IRQL: 2

FAULTING_IP:
ndis! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+15dd
fffff880`0147a650 8b4728 mov eax,dword ptr [rdi+28h]

PROCESS_NAME: JagexLauncher.

ANALYSIS_VERSION: 6.3.9600.17237 (debuggers(dbg).140716-0327) amd64fre

TRAP_FRAME: fffff8800d15d900 -- (.trap 0xfffff8800d15d900)
NOTE: The trap frame does not contain all registers.
Some register values may be zeroed or incorrect.
rax=0000000000000008 rbx=0000000000000000 rcx=0000000000000024
rdx=fffffa80069648e0 rsi=0000000000000000 rdi=0000000000000000
rip=fffff8800147a650 rsp=fffff8800d15da90 rbp=fffffa800695ca10
r8=fffffa8005fe22c0 r9=0000000000000001 r10=0000000000000000
r11=fffffa80059981a0 r12=0000000000000000 r13=0000000000000000
r14=0000000000000000 r15=0000000000000000
iopl=0 nv up ei pl nz na po nc
ndis! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+0x15dd:
fffff880`0147a650 8b4728 mov eax,dword ptr [rdi+28h] ds:00000000`00000028=????????
Resetting default scope

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from fffff80002c88169 to fffff80002c88bc0

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`0d15d7b8 fffff800`02c88169 : 00000000`0000000a 00000000`00000028 00000000`00000002 00000000`00000000 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`0d15d7c0 fffff800`02c86de0 : 00000000`00000000 fffff880`06eb2c10 fffffa80`05fe2260 fffffa80`069648e0 : nt!KiBugCheckDispatch+0x69
fffff880`0d15d900 fffff880`0147a650 : fffffa80`049b2030 fffffa80`0695ca10 00000001`000000a0 00000000`00000004 : nt!KiPageFault+0x260
fffff880`0d15da90 fffff880`06eb26b8 : fffffa80`059981a0 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`05fe22c0 fffffa80`0695ca10 : ndis! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+0x15dd
fffff880`0d15db30 fffffa80`059981a0 : 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`05fe22c0 fffffa80`0695ca10 fffffa80`05ff7780 : L1E62x64+0x76b8
fffff880`0d15db38 00000000`00000000 : fffffa80`05fe22c0 fffffa80`0695ca10 fffffa80`05ff7780 fffffa80`000001c0 : 0xfffffa80`059981a0
STACK_COMMAND: kb

... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/362037-bsod-randomly-gaming-idle-0xd1-ndis-sys.html
Relevancy 66.65%

This has been happening for the past four months now to no avail I get BSOD about every - while BSOD code errors, Multiple gaming/netflix/idle... days often with different messages but the average Multiple code errors, BSOD while gaming/netflix/idle... as of right now is e Built this system in October I've always had BSOD problems but with work getting in the way and not really using my comp for a year I wasn't able to tackle the problem Now while playing League of Legends it often crashes or any other game every - days or when I'm just streaming something on netflix I've had times when it'll blue screen while it's been at the log in screen I'm baffled I've ran countless Memtest 's pass minimum seaDOS tool disk check sfc scannow everything checks out I've reformatted my computer most recently it's been often around mid January Around that time I decided that maybe it was my power supply ram or video card so I bought all new stuff BSOD kept happening reran tests still checked out I've checked and double checked all my drivers I really am at a loss Went on Asus' forums for my motherboard since RAM wasn't on compatibility list and asked about it They said it should be fine if it passes memtest Cool n' Quiet is also disabled on my BIOS as they said that is also a frequent BSOD antagonist No original OS Windows full retail reformatted in January CPU HDD MoBo October PSU RAM GPU November Specs in profile but just for reference MoBo ASUS M A T-M USB PSU Corsair TX W CPU AMD Phenom II GHz HDD Seagate Barracuda Tb RAM G Skill Ripjaw series DDR Gb Gb x GPU Powercolor Radeon HD Gb Avira Anti Virus Malwarebytes as defense software I hope I attached the zip files correctly Thank you

A:Multiple code errors, BSOD while gaming/netflix/idle...

I would run driver verifier to find which driver/drivers are the culprits.

Quote:
I'd suggest that you first backup your stuff and then make sure you've got access to another computer so you can contact us if problems arise. Then make a System Restore point (so you can restore the system using the Vista/Win7 Startup Repair feature).

In Windows 7 you can make a Startup Repair disk by going to Start....All Programs...Maintenance...Create a System Repair Disc - with Windows Vista you'll have to use your installation disk or the "Repair your computer" option at the top of the Safe Mode menu .

Reboot the system and wait for it to crash to the Blue Screen. Continue to use your system normally, and if you know what causes the crash, do that repeatedly. The objective here is to get the system to crash because Driver Verifier is stressing the drivers out. If it doesn't crash for you, then let it run for at least 36 hours of continuous operation (an estimate on my part).

If you can't get into Safe Mode, try using System Restore from your installation DVD to set the system back to the previous restore point that you created.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/219396-multiple-code-errors-bsod-while-gaming-netflix-idle.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Hey guys i recently started to get this DXGMMS1.SYS error an i tried almost everything to get past it but failed, so i decided to make a thread here.

Windows 7 64bit Ultimate
Motherboard Biostar
Geforce 460 1G GTX Fermi
4GIGS RAM DDR2
1TB HDD
AMD Phenom II X4 955

Had the video card probably around 7 months now ( had it replaced by EVGA, had another 460)

i dont have much games on the PC but when i try to play cod4 and APB:Reloaded the game would freeze for some time then i would get the BSOD.

I have uploaded the files for more info

A:BSOD While Gaming, High temps on idle, error dxgmms1.sys :(

Hi.

In this order,
If you had made any changes\overclocking set back everything back to default settings.

Remove RivaTuner/EVGA Precision/MSI Afterburner (known issues w/Win7) from your system.

RivaTuner

Download and install Driver Sweeper

Download the most recent software\driver for your NVIDIA

Uninstall nvidia software\driver,restart in safe mode,run driver sweeper,choose only NVIDIA-Display and clean,restart in normal mode.

Install the new ati software\driver,restart.

Update DirectX

Read carefully this tutorial and run NVIDIA/AMD Video Card - Test with OCCT post here the results.
Run RAM - Test with Memtest86+
Leave it to run overnight if possible.

Finish and post back.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/200006-bsod-while-gaming-high-temps-idle-error-dxgmms1-sys.html
Relevancy 66.65%

I've been getting BSOD for the past 4 days but they only occur around once or twice per day. The BSOD happens only when my computer is idle but not when gaming. Help would be much appreciated. I've attached the zip file of the minidump files. FYI, most of the time the error code is KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR.

Attachment 286760

Attachment 286770

A:One week old custom build getting random BSOD when idle but not gaming

Post it following the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions.

Upload your MSINFO32.nfo file.
Click on the start button
Type "msinfo32" (without quotes) in the search bar of the start menu, click the resulting link. It will open the System Information window.
File>Save. In the "File Name" filed, put "MSINFO32" (without Quote), give the save location to desktop, and click the "save" button.
Give the time for processing, it will save a .nfo file on your desktop.
Zip it, and upload it following the instruction.
And what is the brand of your 1 TB HDD? Is it still under warranty? If so, better you RMA it. It is showing huge and continuous problems..... apparently it is failing and causing all those BSODs, but the other files as per the BSOD posting instructions will help us infer in depth.

And Test your RAM modules for possible errors.
How to Test and Diagnose RAM Issues with Memtest86+
Run memtest for at least 8 passes, preferably overnight.

Let us know the results.

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 7A, {fffff6fc4000b8c0, ffffffffc000000e, 1a8f44860, fffff88001718270}

GetPointerFromAddress: unable to read from fffff800032fa278
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32k.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for win32k.sys
Probably caused by : memory_corruption

Followup: memory_corruption
---------

2: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR (7a)
The requested page of kernel data could not be read in. Typically caused by
a bad block in the paging file or disk controller error. Also see
KERNEL_STACK_INPAGE_ERROR.
If the error status is 0xC000000E, 0xC000009C, 0xC000009D or 0xC0000185,
it means the disk subsystem has experienced a failure.
If the error status is 0xC000009A, then it means the request failed because
a filesystem failed to make forward progress.
Arguments:
Arg1: fffff6fc4000b8c0, lock type that was held (value 1,2,3, or PTE address)
Arg2: ffffffffc000000e, error status (normally i/o status code)
Arg3: 00000001a8f44860, current process (virtual address for lock type 3, or PTE)
Arg4: fffff88001718270, virtual address that could not be in-paged (or PTE contents if arg1 is a PTE address)

Debugging Details:
------------------
ERROR_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc000000e - A device which does not exist was specified.

DISK_HARDWARE_ERROR: There was error with disk hardware

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x7a_c000000e

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: CODE_CORRUPTION

PROCESS_NAME: Steam.exe

TRAP_FRAME: fffff8800de24120 -- (.trap 0xfffff8800de24120)
rax=0000000000000001 rbx=0000000000000000 rcx=0000000000083001
rdx=fffff8800de257a0 rsi=0000000000000000 rdi=0000000000000000
rip=fffff88001718270 rsp=fffff8800de242b8 rbp=fffff8800de243f0
r8=fffff88001718270 r9=fffff8800de243f0 r10=0000000100000000
r11=fffff8800de24328 r12=0000000000000000 r13=0000000000000000
iopl=... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/305682-one-week-old-custom-build-getting-random-bsod-when-idle-but-not-gaming.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Various BSODs e a a this one with Driver Verifier on and some others I've forgotten old dumps wiped but pointed to ntoskrnl exe So I've been dealing with this problem for a few months now I first suspected a RAM problem but the problem persisted even when replacing it with new modules I'll be running testing overnight probably so I'm wondering if it's maybe the ram slots I've had (multiple at idle/gaming/anything freeze BSOD codes) or screen the same problem using all This is even a problem when I replaced my hdd with a ssd so I'm pretty sure it's not a Windows problem per se I've re-installed Windows Ultimate SP x twice now The first time I tried to let Windows handle all the driver installs instead of going BSOD (multiple codes) or screen freeze at idle/gaming/anything through and installing myself but it didn't want to do that so I went and installed them which caused a ton of BSODs freezing hanging I'm on my second OS install and while the frequency isn't there the problem persists I'm at the point where I'm about to send out all hardware I can for RMA just in case there is something wrong with it Could this be some weird driver conflict that I can't figure out How can I go about trying to figure out what drivers have been conflicting over hard drives and OS installs Anyway I've attached the two minidumps I currently have with other requested information and will upload more when they happen and I'm running with Driver Verifier on If there's any more info I need to provide or if something isn't making sense I apologize I'm not really sure what information is relevant to trying to fix this before I go computer-less for several weeks I've seen some similar threads but they're either not quite the same or there was never any follow-up on whether or not a solution worked Thanks a ton for taking the time out to look at this stuff

A:BSOD (multiple codes) or screen freeze at idle/gaming/anything

Was running Prime95 on Blend mode and the system froze after only a few minutes. Results file doesn't really help:

[Mon Oct 13 09:35:17 2014]
FATAL ERROR: Rounding was 0.5, expected less than 0.4
Hardware failure detected, consult stress.txt file.
FATAL ERROR: Rounding was 0.5, expected less than 0.4
Hardware failure detected, consult stress.txt file.

Update: Ran Driver Verifier all weekend with no problems (last time I did this, it was BSODs left and right). Could the issue have been driver related or should I brave three weeks without hardware?

Another update 10/14: attached two minidumps from this morning

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/348661-bsod-multiple-codes-screen-freeze-idle-gaming-anything.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Sorry about the title, I couldn't view the dmp files no matter what I tried so I don't know the codes and what not. I am genuinely at a loss with the current BSOD's, my usual ones are usually caused by not enough voltage to the CPU, not this one though. Even with only a hanful of tabs and background applications open I'm still getting BSOD's. I have attatched the SevenForums diagnostics tool diagnosis.Attachment 297617

A:Multiple BSOD's, even with minimal running applications

Hello and welcome Curtis mate for starters run these and delete any rubbish from the malware scans.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/1538-sfc-scannow-command-system-file-checker.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/433-disk-check.html< DO NOT runon a SSD

http://www.superantispyware.com/

http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/adwcleaner/

download from bleeping computer

If we get nowhere with these then if it is a power problem you may need to do this
PSU- Jump Start

for a reference
PowerSupply 101: A Reference Of Specifications - Power Supplies asyou will see there is a +/- 5% variance that can make all the difference so11.4v is way too low and 12.6v way too high.

Plus remember correct bolts do not mean correct current (amps - in turn watts)

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/315239-multiple-bsods-even-minimal-running-applications.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Exactly an hour after rebooting the system freezes and crashes to the blue error screen. And the crash dumps fail every time. Here is the error message

I already removed and re-installed windows to attempt to fix the issue. And ran boot-scans with Avast to check for any infections. Searching around I haven't found anyone that has an issue that is as punctual as this error. I tried to download the windows spec tool but the installation failed. Here are by basic specs

At a loss here...all of my files are backed up so data loss isn't a concern. Any ideas on how to proceed will be much appreciated.

Thank you,

-John

A:Hourly BSOD crashes 0x0000007A NTFS.SYS (Minimal knowledge)

Welcome

We can't do much without the dumps:
http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html

STOP 0x0000007A: KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR

Usual causes: Memory, Paging file corruption, File system, Hard drive, Cabling, Virus infection, Improperly seated cards, BIOS, Bad motherboard, Missing Service Pack

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/254059-hourly-bsod-crashes-0x0000007a-ntfs-sys-minimal-knowledge.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Windows Enterprise bit Clean installation to windows from Windows XP professional Hardware months old OS installed weeks ago I am currently facing the lovely BSOD error The computer was recently upgraded from windows XP to idle BSOD - while (Unpredictable) Crashes idle/not computer Windows BSOD - Crashes while computer idle/not idle (Unpredictable) enterprise bit this was a fresh installation from XP The computer originally came with pre installed with Windows installed but was downgraded to XP to meet company IT requirements We have now been given the go ahead to trial windows However after installation we are now facing issues of very random BSOD moments Sometimes while using access or excel At other times the computer could be totally idle I would like to mention BSOD - Crashes while computer idle/not idle (Unpredictable) that our IT team upgraded the RAM in the computer from gb to gb prior to the Windows installation I do have a feeling that there is an issue with the memory which is causing this issue I have attached my BSOD zip pack and would be very appreciative if one of the guru's could assist me on the matter Thanks Wrigh uk

A:BSOD - Crashes while computer idle/not idle (Unpredictable)

perfmon /report shows that these critical chipset drivers aren't installed:

Quote:
Symptom:[IMG]res://wdc.dll/error.gif[/IMG]
Device drivers are not installed.Cause:A driver has not been installed for this device preventing it from working properly.Details:The device driver for PCI Simple Communications Controller has not been installed. This device will not be available until the correct device driver is installed.Resolution:1. Try installing the drivers using Windows Update.
2. Install the drivers that are on the installation media that came with the device.
3. Check with the manufacturer for an updated driver.Related:Explanation of Error Codes Generated by Device Manager

Symptom:[IMG]res://wdc.dll/error.gif[/IMG]
Device drivers are not installed.Cause:A driver has not been installed for this device preventing it from working properly.Details:The device driver for PCI Serial Port has not been installed. This device will not be available until the correct device driver is installed.Resolution:1. Try installing the drivers using Windows Update.
2. Install the drivers that are on the installation media that came with the device.
3. Check with the manufacturer for an updated driver.Related:Explanation of Error Codes Generated by Device Manager

If needed the PnP ID's for these devices are:
Win32_PnPEntity.DeviceID="PCI\\VEN_8086&DEV_3B64&SUBSYS_304B103C&REV_06\\3&21436425&0&B0"
Win32_PnPEntity.DeviceID="PCI\\VEN_8086&DEV_3B67&SUBSYS_304B103C&REV_06\\3&21436425&0&B3"

Only 35 updates since SP1 - most systems have 75 to 80 (or more). Please visit Windows Update and get ALL available updates.

Android Phone USB device may not be working properly. Please uninstall it to see if that helps. Leave it uninstalled until the system is stable again.

There's a fair presence of Symantec in your memory dumps. I'd suggest testing to see if that's the problem. To do that, please try this:
- download a free antivirus for testing purposes: Free AntiVirus
- uninstall Symantec Endpoint Protection
- install the free antivirus and immediately update it
- monitor for further BSOD's

It looks like there's a USB Video device, but we don't have a record of the drivers for it in the DRT (Driver Reference Table located here: Driver Reference Table (DRT) ) I'll have to look them up (and add them to the table) in order to see what device it actually belongs to (I think it's from Magic Control).

Meanwhile I'd check to see if the device that you're using is here: USB Display Adapter-Magic Control Technology Corp.
http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...edictable.html
If so, uninstall the current drivers for it on the system and then download a fresh copy from that website and install them. Ensure that the driver is Win7 compatible BEFORE installing it!!!

If all of this doesn't fix the problem, then we have to start looking at hardware issues. Please try the free diagnostics here: http://www.carrona.org/hwdiag.html

The following info is just FYI, I've already addressed the issues that I saw in the above paragraphs

- Further info on BSOD error messages available at: http://www.carrona.org/bsodindx.html
- Info on how to troubleshoot BSOD's (DRAFT): http://www.carrona.org/userbsod.html
- How I do it: http://www.carrona.org/howidoit.html

3RD PARTY DRIVERS PRESENT IN THE DUMP FILES
Code:

amdxata.sys Fri Mar 19 12:18:18 2010 (4BA3A3CA)
xVgaMini64.sys Wed Jun 23 03:23:16 2010 (4C21B664)
mctkmdldr64.sys Fri Apr 08 04:35:33 2011 (4D9EC8D5)
SRTSP64.SYS Fri Mar 04 15:39:16 2011 (4D714DF4)
SYMEVENT64x86.SYS Thu Mar 24 19:02:36 2011 (4D8BCD8C)
ENG64.SYS Wed Apr 25 05:29:25 2012 (4F97C3F5)
SRTSPX64.SYS Fri Mar 04 15:39:38 2011 (4D714E0A)
wpsdrvnt.sys Thu Apr 28 01:55:04 2011 (4DB90138)
EX64.SYS Wed Apr 25 05:27:28 2012 (4F97C380)
Teefer3.sys ... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/231073-bsod-crashes-while-computer-idle-not-idle-unpredictable.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I've been reading these forums for a while but I never needed to register but since this problem has crept up it's my last hope Incoming wall of text The last few months I've had problem's with my GPU's I narrowed it down (idle Artifacts crashing. gaming) and GPU and to one of them GPU Artifacts and crashing. (idle and gaming) which was a little sensitive to games Being under warranty I sent it off to be replaced repaired GPU Artifacts and crashing. (idle and gaming) after weeks I finally had a shiny new OEM GPU I popped it in hooked my SLI back up and prepared for a nights of lag free gaming After minutes of Checking mail checking lifehacker and a few gaming blogs I got a colour artifact on my screen pictures Below It starts worse but by the time I grab my phone it mostly disapears Strangely both GPU's run perfectly fine alone but in SLI they do this I did some research and it appears this might be VRAM corruption - Personally I haven't a clue Here's a list of what I've tried so far not in order Rolled back drivers Tried a clean install multiple drivers dating back to July Reinstalled windows Reseated GPU's RAM too Older Bios and latest Bios Rolled back Reltek drivers I read they can interfere with x xx nvidia drivers Running one GPU while the other was disconnected seemed to fix it Reset Bios to defaults Still running with no overclocking atm Used Who Crashed to try and research the problem TDR Time out Disk Check etc My system Motherboard GIGABYTE X A-UD R Processor i CPU GHz GHz back to Stock now Corsair H Cooling Memory Corsair GB RAM MHZ DDR Hard Drive GB Crucial Real SSD C 's Raid Video Card MSI GB Cyclone SLI way PSU OCZ ZX W ' ' Plus Gold Sound Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal ty Pro Series Operating System Windows Ultimate -bit SP This is the crash dump analysis who crashed program Two days computer name THAKANG-PC windows version Windows Service Pack build windows dir C Windows CPU GenuineIntel Intel R Core TM i CPU GHz Intel level logical processors active mask RAM total VM free -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Crash Dump Analysis -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Crash dump directory C Windows Minidump Crash dumps are enabled on your computer On Thu GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmp This was probably caused by the following module nvlddmkm sys nvlddmkm x F Bugcheck code x xFFFFFA AC C xFFFFF FE F xFFFFFFFFC A x Error VIDEO TDR ERROR file path C Windows system drivers nvlddmkm sys product NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver Version company NVIDIA Corporation description NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver Version Bug check description This indicates that an attempt to reset the display driver and recover from a timeout failed A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver nvlddmkm sys NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver Version NVIDIA Corporation Google query nvlddmkm sys NVIDIA Corporation VIDEO TDR ERROR -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- On Thu GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows memory dmp This was probably caused by the following module dxgkrnl sys dxgkrnl TdrResetFromTimeout x Bugcheck code x xFFFFFA AC C xFFFFF FE F xFFFFFFFFC A x Error VIDEO TDR ERROR file path C Windows system drivers dxgkrnl sys product Microsoft Windows Operating System company Microsoft Corporation description DirectX Graphics Kernel Bug check description This indicates that an attempt to reset the display driver and recover from a timeout failed The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module Your system configuration may be incorrect Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system which cannot be identified at this time -------------------------------------... Read more

A:GPU Artifacts and crashing. (idle and gaming)

I can think of very little you haven't tried that would make a difference at this point.
It would seem you have been railroaded with two bad cards in a row.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/213218-gpu-artifacts-crashing-idle-gaming.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I idling, and up 70c to while very 95c idle high even when GPU temp gaming? ve had this computer for about a year now and for the past month or so it has been overheating and shutting off It is well ventilated and I even opened the case and pointed a fan right at it I have Speedfan and CPUID and my Gpu temp is about Celsius idle and - c when running a game I m not sure what specs to post so here s everything I can find Its a Gateway crappy I know but its what I have Intel core quad CPU Q GHz GHz GB ram Windows Vista bit edition Its a Nvidia Geforce GT which is apparently the same as Geforce GT What I ve done so far -Updated every driver that I could -Took apart the computer and cleaned out everything with compressed air and a q-tip including the baby fan that s attached to the video card -I ordered some thermal paste and will put that on when it gets here -Made sure it has max ventilation -Turned on the computer with it open to make sure that the fans were running which they were My power supply GPU temp very high even when idling, 70c idle and up to 95c while gaming? says the output is W max idk if this is good or bad or what Sorry for my ignorance about all things hardware Also my processor temps are fine they are all in the mid s if that helps at all I know this is kind of complicated but any help would be GREATLY appreciated Thanks in advance nbsp

A:GPU temp very high even when idling, 70c idle and up to 95c while gaming?

processer may need re seating but you can do that when you redo thermal paste, make sure you take all old paste off and buy a good one, whats room temp? this can effect it dramatically, check bios settings for fan speed and processor temp as much more acurate from bios, possible bios has re set and you are not using best options your motherboard has for controlling fan speed ( usually press delete button on start up to access bios) re psu, its very very weak for what you are running you should really have one double that capacity, 600w minimum at @80% effeciency but not cheap for sure, personnaly i would remove 4gb of the ram untill i had it sorted also

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gpu-temp-very-high-even-when-idling-70c-idle-and-up-to-95c-while-gaming.926066/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi,
The problem started 7 months ago, but it was minor. Mostly, while gaming, in the main menu, the PC just shuts down. Sometimes it gives me " Stop errors". The last STOP error was 0X0000007F.
I've updated BIOS and the Graphics Driver.

A:Stop Error, and PC automatically powers off while gaming, or Idle !

Hello RamiDarbaka,

Please read through the link below very carefully...

Quote:
STOP 0x0000007F: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP

Usual causes: Memory corruption, Hardware (memory in particular), Installing a faulty or mismatched hardware (especially memory) or a failure after installing it, 3rd party firewall, Device drivers, SCSI/network/BIOS updates needed, Improperly seated cards, Incompatible storage devices, Overclocking, Virus scanner, Backup tool, Bad motherboard, Missing Service Pack

BSOD Index

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/198723-stop-error-pc-automatically-powers-off-while-gaming-idle.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I have been getting many different stop codes for all of these crashes, and only can recall two at the moment. 'IQRL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL' seems to be a common one, and others have been caused by win32k.sys or usbstor.sys.

Attached are my dump files.

Windows 7 Professional x64
Fresh install about a year ago
Full retail (not sure, was free through student MSDN account)

Hardware: All original back to July 2007, except PSU and GPU (about 2 years old)
RAM was also upgraded a few years back.

The system is getting older, and I am planning on building a new one once I start my new job, but for now I would like to get this one working again. I am going to run MemTest next...

Thanks for the help!

A:Random BSODs, While Idle/Gaming/Watching Videos

EDIT: I was able to open the dmp files. Now if only I could interpret them...

Running MemTest gave a whole lot of errors.... over 900,000 to be exact...

I am going to start testing individual sticks and individual RAM slots on the motherboard.
Was anyone able to find anything out from the dump files?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/187701-random-bsods-while-idle-gaming-watching-videos.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I have been getting some random BSODs usually just while browsing the web, once while watching a streaming video in flash player or while the pc is idle and afk. But never while gaming or anything more intensive. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: I should add I ran prime95, and memtest86 when I first set up this build in June with no issues.

Specs:

ASRock Z68 PRO3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
Intel Core i5-2500K Sandy Bridge 3.3GHz (3.7GHz Turbo Boost) LGA 1155 95W Quad-Core Desktop Processor BX80623I52500K
G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 2133 (PC3 17000) Desktop Memory Model F3-17000CL11D-8GBXL
Crucial M4 CT128M4SSD2 2.5" 128GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)
VisionTek 900297 Radeon HD 5850 (Cypress Pro) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFire Supported Video Card w/ATI Eyefinity

A:Random BSODs win7 while basic browsing / idle, never when gaming

Hi.

You have the Stop 0x124 error.

Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try

Hardware - Stress Test With Prime95

Is a good idea also to update these old software\drivers

Code:
lmimirr.sys fffff880`04ae6000 fffff880`04aed000 0x00007000 0x461c108d 11-Apr-07 1:32:45 πμ
RaInfo.sys fffff880`065ae000 fffff880`065b5000 0x00007000 0x477e818a 04-Jan-08 9:57:14 μμ
LMIRfsDriver.sys fffff880`065b5000 fffff880`065c8000 0x00013000 0x487b7e50 14-Jul-08 7:26:56 μμ
FNETURPX.SYS fffff880`0406b000 fffff880`04074000 0x00009000 0x48e6d476 04-Oct-08 5:27:02 πμ
UltraMonUtility.sys fffff880`07d46000 fffff880`07d4f000 0x00009000 0x491cd006 14-Nov-08 4:10:30 πμ
intelppm.sys fffff880`04ac0000 fffff880`04ad6000 0x00016000 0x4a5bc0fd 14-Jul-09 2:19:25 πμ
How to find and update drivers? read here Best way to update drivers for free?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/194446-random-bsods-win7-while-basic-browsing-idle-never-when-gaming.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I i BSOD gaming am Occurring when Randomly while gaming??? and not dont know why I recently bought a new computer and it has been doing this since i first got it I dont know why but hopefully you can help me My Computer Stats -Intel BSOD Occurring Randomly while gaming and when i am not gaming??? Core i - K -GIGABYTE GA-Z X-UD H Z - NVIDIA GeForce GTX Ti GB -Corsair Vengeance GB - TB Hard Drive -Cooler Master Silent Pro Gold Plus Watts -Microsoft BSOD Occurring Randomly while gaming and when i am not gaming??? Windows Home Premium -Bit Edition Link to My SF tool file should be as a attachment This the message that Windows gave me to check for solution after i restarted the BSOD Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode BCP BCP FFFFFA BC BCP FE BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users dbzethioboy AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml Read our privacy statement online Windows Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows If the online privacy statement is not available please read our privacy statement offline C Windows system en-US erofflps txt When the BSOD occurred i copyed the code Stop x x xFFFFFA DC x FE x Hopefully you guys could help me out this is the first time i have dealt with something like this Thanks Dbzethioboy

A:BSOD Occurring Randomly while gaming and when i am not gaming???

Hi Welcome to SF

Unfortunately the dumps you uploaded are all 0x124 errors which are hardware related
BSOD Index
My initial thought is as this is new machine i would return it to place of purchase as something is obviously not right, if you wish to look into this then...
Have a read of this thread it will give you some things to try
Analysing your dumps (they are all the same) they state an error with level 2 cache on your cpu

Code:
Section 2 : x86/x64 MCA
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Descriptor @ fffffa800bc43138
Section @ fffffa800bc432c0
Offset : 664
Length : 264
Flags : 0x00000000
Severity : Fatal
Error : DCACHEL2_PREFETCH_ERR (Proc 1 Bank 6)
Address : 0x00000000a3edddc0
Misc. : 0x0000003206000086

Code:
Descriptor @ fffffa800bc59138
Section @ fffffa800bc592c0
Error : DCACHEL2_DRD_ERR (Proc 4 Bank 6)
Address : 0x000000003d1bddc0
Misc. : 0x0000007007000086

Code:
Descriptor @ fffffa800bc22138
Section @ fffffa800bc222c0
Error : DCACHEL2_DRD_ERR (Proc 5 Bank 6)
Address : 0x000000004f4fddc0
Misc. : 0x000000b040000086
So you could potentially be looking at a problem with your cpu or motherboard
Check temperatures and make sure chip is not overheating

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/275126-bsod-occurring-randomly-while-gaming-when-i-am-not-gaming.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi all About months ago I bought all new parts and assembled a PC for gaming school work The goal was PC, new nothing gaming gaming, during BSOD helps 0x9C to buy parts that are instantly available sold older PC to a friend and I needed a replacement fast and the price range was about - in Finland I ended up with the following parts - Fractal design Define R Black Pearl - Asus DRW- BSOD 0x9C during gaming, new gaming PC, nothing helps F ST BLK G AS x DVD -RW - Kingston HyperX Genesis GB x GB - WD Green TB SATA III MB - MSI GeForce GTX Gaming OC Edition MB - Kingston SSDNow v GB SSD quot - Corsair CX W V - Intel Core i K GHz LGA - BSOD 0x9C during gaming, new gaming PC, nothing helps Asus Z -K Intel Z LGA ATX Decided to save some money and buy heatsink cpu fan later since I also needed a new monitor - Running Windows Ultimate bit I haven't overclocked anything All seemed fine until I installed the first games and Bluescreens started coming up There are different BSOD Im getting more detailed info below Always Machine Check Exeption x C The thing is BSOD only comes during gaming First the sound loops and everything freezes followed by BSOD Searching for the problem I have - Formatted and re-installed everything times - Monitored temperatures with Bios Realtemp Open hardware monitor c- c with heavy gaming - Run sfc scannow chkdsk Seatools Lifeguard Diagnostic Memtest Prime Heaven Benchmark dxdiag no errors in any of them - Borrowed my old rams and graphics card back and replaced the new ones same BSOD still - Removed and put back pretty much all the parts checked the wires etc - Updated all drivers I could think of including all the chipsets and BIOS And nothing makes any difference BSOD doesn't seem to have any logic it might come right when I start gaming or after hours of gaming Record is times a day but it may also wait for days while I think I finally fixed it and then reappears While Im aware that c might be a bit too high BSOD presents itself also with lower temperatures However older speaking of - years games are mostly not crashing Watching movies or surfing in the web doesn't crash ever I also got some debugging help from another forum but weeks of sending dump files resulted this quot well MACHINE CHECK EXCEPTION is considered a hardware error I am not sure how to decode the MCA EXCEPTION structure reported kd gt dd fffff ba bb fffff ba bb d a a d quot I'll paste few examples from WhoCrashed and the zip file from DM Log Collector On Thu GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows memory dmp This was probably caused by the following module hal dll hal HalInitializeBios x Bugcheck code x C x xFFFFF BA BB x x Error MACHINE CHECK EXCEPTION file path C Windows system hal dll product Microsoft Windows Operating System company Microsoft Corporation description Hardware Abstraction Layer DLL Bug check description This bug check indicates that a fatal machine check exception has occurred The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module Your system configuration may be incorrect Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time On Wed GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmp This was probably caused by the following module hal dll hal x Bugcheck code x C x xFFFFF BA BB x x Error MACHINE CHECK EXCEPTION file path C Windows system hal dll product Microsoft Windows Operating System company Microsoft Corporation description Hardware Abstraction Layer DLL Bug check description This bug check indicates that a fatal machine check exception has occurred The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module Your system configuration may be incorrect Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time On Wed GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmp This was probably caused by the following module hal dll hal x Bugcheck code x C x xFFFFF BBB x x Error MACHINE CHECK EXCEPT... Read more

A:BSOD 0x9C during gaming, new gaming PC, nothing helps

hello, Lazzi and welcome to the forums. I'll try to help you, but would you please upload the BSOD Posting Instructions here. I can't download the file you linked to without an account, plus we prefer them here. This will tell you how. Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums

Also, please open an elevated command prompt ( click start, type cmd in the search box, right click on the cmd entry and select run as administrator) in the black box that opens, copy/paste sfc /scannow. If you decide to type it, notice the space between the sfc and the /. It is a system file checker which will scan your system files and attempt to correct any missing or corrupt files. What we want are the results to say windows found no integrity violations. If it says files were found but could not be repaired, close the box, reboot and run it again, after opening the administrative command prompt. You may have to reboot and run it three times for it to repair all system files. If it can't repair them after 3 reboots, let us know.

And also give as detailed a description as you can about your hardware including the Case, PSU and CPU Cooler, and place them in your system specs. These are the instructions I usually give and maybe it will help you.

Please fill out your System Specs

Information
Your System Specs will help us to help you, and doing it in this manner will make them available to all helpers in every post and keep us from hunting for them. We ask that you fill them out in as much detail as possible including Desktop or Laptop, Model number if it is an OEM computer and all components with the Manufacturer and Model number if possible.

If you will go to your last post and click the 'System Specs' in the bottom left of the post, you will find a link to update your system specs. Please fill those out in as much detail as possible, making sure to click save at the bottom of the page. If you would like to know what we would like, you can click 'My System Specs' at the bottom left of this post to see mine. If you do not know what your components are, this will help you accomplish this task. System Info - See Your System Specs

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/367303-bsod-0x9c-during-gaming-new-gaming-pc-nothing-helps.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi guys This is my first post while Gigabyte in Gaming GTX970 with SLI G1 gaming BSOD in this forum since I have not received any BSOD with Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX970 in SLI while gaming help from elswhere BSOD with Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX970 in SLI while gaming You guys are my only hope Okay so I recently bought two G Gaming GTX graphics cards The first driver install went bad by windows using its own drivers so I got the Display Driver Uninstaller from dguru scrubbed the drivers in safe mode After restart windows still used its own drivers at first but everything worked and I updated with the latest nVidia drivers Now to the issue After gaming for some time graphically demanding games AC Unity FarCry the PC would freeze and I would have a BSOD on my hands Interestingly enough this has happened with nVidia supported games but I've managed to play Alien Isolation for an extended period of time which is AMD supported Have not had any problems with Borderlands Pre Sequel nVidia supported either but it's also not as heavy on the GPU When the BSOD has happened it has happened approx within an hour of gaming sometimes within minutes The BSOD does not happen when I'm watching movies or browsing the net or working on the PC just when gaming heavy does it occur I run the system SLI enabled I'm going to include two crash dumps below By the looks of it it seems to be a driver issue so what are my options here I've reinstalled the drives but still the problem has persisted Any help or insight into the BSOD errors I'm getting would be greatly appreciated Thanks in advance Nahkman Code Debugging Details ------------------ BUGCHECK STR x C GenuineIntel CUSTOMER CRASH COUNT DEFAULT BUCKET ID WIN DRIVER FAULT PROCESS NAME ACU exe CURRENT IRQL f ANALYSIS VERSION debuggers dbg - amd fre LAST CONTROL TRANSFER from fffff to fffff c b STACK TEXT fffff f b fffff c fffff f b nt KeBugCheckEx fffff f b fffff f hal HalpMcaReportError x fffff f c fffff e db e hal HalpMceHandlerWithRendezvous x f fffff f cc fffff bf c hal HalHandleMcheck x fffff f cf fffff bf d nt KxMcheckAbort x c fffff f e a nt KiMcheckAbort x d f x a STACK COMMAND kb FOLLOWUP IP nt KxMcheckAbort c fffff bf c d c lea rcx rsp h SYMBOL STACK INDEX SYMBOL NAME nt KxMcheckAbort c FOLLOWUP NAME MachineOwner MODULE NAME nt IMAGE NAME ntkrnlmp exe DEBUG FLR IMAGE TIMESTAMP fb cd IMAGE VERSION FAILURE BUCKET ID X x C GenuineIntel nt KxMcheckAbort c BUCKET ID X x C GenuineIntel nt KxMcheckAbort c ANALYSIS SOURCE KM FAILURE ID HASH STRING km x x c genuineintel nt kxmcheckabort c FAILURE ID HASH bfc df - f e- c- - c f Followup MachineOwner Code Debugging Details ------------------ BUGCHECK STR x GenuineIntel CUSTOMER CRASH COUNT DEFAULT BUCKET ID WIN DRIVER FAULT PROCESS NAME System CURRENT IRQL ANALYSIS VERSION debuggers dbg - amd fre STACK TEXT fffff e b fffff cdca fffffa d fffffa d nt WheapCreateLiveTriageDump x c fffff e ad fffff aee fffffa d fffff d fffffa d nt WheapCreateTriageDumpFromPreviousSession x fffff e b fffff fffff b fffffa a a fffffa d nt WheapProcessWorkQueueItem x fffff e b fffff c fffff a e fffff fffffa d nt WheapWorkQueueWorkerRoutine x fffff e b fffff bae fffffa d fffffa cf nt ExpWorkerThread x fffff e c fffff c fffff fffffa d fffff ffc nt PspSystemThreadStartup x a fffff e c fffff e fffff db fffff e e nt KxStartSystemThread x STACK COMMAND kb FOLLOWUP NAME MachineOwner MODULE NAME GenuineIntel IMAGE NAME GenuineIntel DEBUG FLR IMAGE TIMESTAMP IMAGE VERSION FAILURE BUCKET ID X x GenuineIntel PROCESSOR MAE PRV BUCKET ID X x GenuineIntel PROCESSOR MAE PRV ANALYSIS SOURCE KM FAILURE ID HASH STRING km x x genuineintel processor mae prv FAILURE ID HASH e -e - e - -f d e Followup MachineOwner

A:BSOD with Gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX970 in SLI while gaming

I've been having a very similar issue, I've only got the one Gigabyte 970 G1, and I've only really tested 2 games (AC Unity and Civ Beyond Earth) and while playing both after usually a few hours they'll freeze then I'll get a bsod. They're always Bug Check Code: 0x00000124 and all have the Crash Address: ntoskrnl.exe+4ae61c.

I've run windows memory diagnostic with no results, I've reseated my card, performed multiple clean driver installs, checked temperatures with no problems. I can't figure out what's causing it and this is the only similar problem I can find online. I really wish I could help but it seems we're in much the same boat

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/359369-bsod-gigabyte-g1-gaming-gtx970-sli-while-gaming.html
Relevancy 47.73%

My or while error BSOD 0x0000003b - playing idle BSOD music getting a lot computer has BSOD - getting BSOD error 0x0000003b a lot while idle or playing music been doing this a lot recently and its started doing it more often usually the x b code pops up when either windows media player is on or when it is stood idle for a while Using NirSoft's bluescreen viewer it stating that the ntoskrnl exe is the problem in all minidumps it also sometimes states nvator sys is the other file that causes the bluescreen i have attached the minidumps to this and hopefully someone will tell me how to fix it i have checked online and gathered it down to these options either my PSU is not powerful enough to support the payload my HDD BSOD - getting BSOD error 0x0000003b a lot while idle or playing music is corrupt or the RAM is stating to fail Thank you BSOD - getting BSOD error 0x0000003b a lot while idle or playing music for the people who can help as a side note i have tried formatting and reinstalling my windows bit ultimate but the BSOD can appear on setup and did at one point so i had to renew the whole setup recently it has started doing it a lot more one happened not too long ago and also had the CDD dll file as an error Also before anyone says it YES MY DRIVERS ARE ALL UP TO DATE there are literally no updates available for my hardware which is why i think its either my HDD or RAM My Specs AMD Athlon II X Dualcore Gigabyte M LT-D GB x GB DDR RAM not sure on the manufacturer NVIDIA Geforce GT GB Partitioned Western Digital Sata II HDD

A:BSOD - getting BSOD error 0x0000003b a lot while idle or playing music

UPDATE: this just happened to me aswell... states the NTFS.sys is now the error (Error code 0x00000024) was literally only thumbing through facebook nothing else.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/251960-bsod-getting-bsod-error-0x0000003b-lot-while-idle-playing-music.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi guys I badly need your hours. is computer No BSOD playing games when idle. for when BSOD help I started BSOD when computer is idle. No BSOD when playing games for hours. getting BSOD two weeks ago As far as I can remember the first time I had a BSOD was on the day I installed Max Payne BSOD when computer is idle. No BSOD when playing games for hours. I read somewhere that the some guy had also this problem when he installed max payne There were two occasions that I got a BSOD upon starting Max Payne But lately I'm getting BSOD when doing low-load stuffs like browsing with no other apps opened I've already done memtest with passes with no errors I'm hours prime stable I just don't get it I've manually set my timings for my ram I'm not doing any overclock Everything is on stock settings Can someone please take a look on my attachment Any help will be gladly appreciated Thank you so much Oh btw here's my system specs Win bit I - k at stock Maximus IV Extreme G Skill gb OCZ gb SSD Kingwin Lazer w psu GTX at stock

A:BSOD when computer is idle. No BSOD when playing games for hours.

@writhziden can you please help me?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/238361-bsod-when-computer-idle-no-bsod-when-playing-games-hours.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi,

I get a new BSOD daily and it is driving me crazy, i thought it was first my CCTV software but i have tried three now and they all have the same affect. Every morning when i wake up my PC has crashed. I am starting to think hardware but want some definitive answers before i start spending more money.

Any help is really appreciated as haven't got a clue how to analyse the BSOD dump.

PC Spec:

Windows 7 Pro
Intel pentium G3258 CPU
MSI G-45 motherboard
AMD Radeon R9 280x Graphics card
16GB ram
1TB Hard drive
120gb SSD

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/393365-help-daily-bsod-irql-not-less-equal-always-idle-when-bsod.html
Relevancy 46.87%

First of all i wanna say hello and congratulations for this helpful site To the point My pc specs are GPU Twintech GT mb MOBO Asus P QL-E CPU Intel Core Quad Q PSU Silverstone Element W RAM Mushkin gb DDR So all of these except my graphics card are new I m having for about - months now been getting BSODs after a period of time playing games I While gaming[moved from BSOD gaming] ve formated my pc times so i ve realised it is nothing related to software I asked lots of ppl and technicians and told me that it was my old PSU W So i changed it with the one mentioned Same happened with the RAM before buying them - moths ago I had changed sets of RAM i had nothing still So i really need your help on this coz if u ever had this problem u d knew how it feels to try play BSOD While gaming[moved from gaming] a game and suddenly a blue pops up disturbs u I really think it is the GPU but i gotta know what pros think PS These are some of the bsod i get

A:BSOD While gaming[moved from gaming]

Hello and welcome to TSF and thanks for the compliment.

I think this is your RAM. I need you to do a test...

Please download http://www.memtest.org// It's saved as an iso so you need to burn it to a cd and boot with it(yes it's legal). Make sure you run it for each stick, as in taking every stick but one then switching. I would recommend running them overnight(each).
You may want to dust your ram carefully!
Make sure you get no finger prints on the RAM as it may damage it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/bsod-while-gaming-moved-from-gaming-460361.html
Relevancy 46.87%

So over the past couple of weeks i've been getting alot of BSoD while gaming on my laptop, the most common being failure to reset display drivers.
It seems to be a driver problem but I've tried re-installing them and it hasn't had an effect.
I wasn't sure how to properly do a fresh install so if someone could recommend a way of doing a fresh install.
Also more recently my GPU hasn't been appearing on my device manager randomly, but after a reset it comes back.
I've attached the dump files following the guides, not sure if I have done it properly though.
Help would be appreciated soon as I don't want this ?1000 laptop to die

A:Various BSoD while gaming and some randomly while not gaming.

Yeah, you are having problems with the Nvidia driver.

Your msinfo.32 shows that as disabled though, that could just be at the time the report was created.

Where did you get that driver, it appears to be a beta driver from Nvidia.

Have you tried just using the driver from the manufacturer? They usually modify drivers for their hardware.

I can see it is an older driver but that may be your best option,

MSI Global GT70 0NC 64

How is your laptop cooling? Have you made sure the cooling vents are clean?

All that being said, here is a useful guide for Nvidia drivers,

NVIDIA Drivers - Avoid Problems

Try cleaning your laptop vents and doing a clean install of the driver from MSI to see if it makes a difference.

If you still want to do a clean install, this tutorial can help with that,

Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/331211-various-bsod-while-gaming-some-randomly-while-not-gaming.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi everyone,

I'm about ready to just buy another computer. I've done everything that everyone says in each one of my posts and nothing seems to help. Attached is the new files from the BSOD app.

As my post title suggest, my computer was just idling when it happened.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

A:Another week, another BSOD. Computer idle BSOD.

Hello,

Code:
Microsoft Network Monitor 3 Driver ROOT\LEGACY_NM3\0000 This device is not present, is not working properly, or does not have all its drivers installed.
Try uninstalling that program, or making sure you have the latest drivers for it.

Code:
ASACPI.sys Wed Jul 15 22:31:29 2009 (4A5E9F11)
This is related to the Asus ATK0110 ACPI Utility which is known to cause problems such as BSODs. Please uninstall your ASUS utilities.

For now do that, and post back results.

Also it would be a waste of money to buy a new computer because this is likely a software problem, not hardware. So be patient so we can figure out the problem.

-Justin

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/245273-another-week-another-bsod-computer-idle-bsod.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Received three BSOD this past week. Two were when the computer was idle and one was while I was installing a driver to activate my PS3 controller on the PC. I don't think it was the driver.

Random long codes: 0x0000010D (0x0000000000000005, 0x0000000000000000, 0x00000000000D1202, 0xFFFFFA8007BA91E0)

Dunno if those are necessary, but meh. Might be worth noting that my graphics card is overclocked, but it's completely stable and done with AMD's software.

Attachments include the real info.

(Also, the "D" in the 0x00000D1202 code 'could' be a "0". I have bad handwriting and it was dark)

A:BSOD while idle

Hi Dragsooth,

There are two different BSODs there.

One is stop 0x10D, caused by MotioninJoy simulate Xbox 360 controller (virtual Xinput device).

Code:
BugCheck 10D, {5, 0, 1202, fffffa8007ba91e0}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for MijXfilt.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for MijXfilt.sys
Probably caused by : MijXfilt.sys ( MijXfilt+363a )

---------
And it is very common with the driver version that you have installed. Uninstall it, and install an earlier one. Hopefully this particular issue will be over by this action.

The other issue is stop 0x116, a display/graphics related issue.

Code:
BugCheck 116, {fffffa800a8c9010, fffff88003a0bdbc, 0, d}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\atikmpag.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atikmpag.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmpag.sys
Probably caused by : atikmpag.sys ( atikmpag+bdbc )

---------
Uninstall your installed version of the display driver.
How-To Uninstall AMD Catalyst Drivers From A Windows Based System
Then clean up any possible leftover.
Drivers - Clean Left over Files after Uninstalling
Then install version 13.9 WHQL only.
Previous AMD Catalyst? Display Drivers
Lately we have seen that the 13.9 WHQL is most stable itself.

Is the computer hot? Report us the heat of the computer after a couple of hours of your normal usage. Upload a screenshot of the summery tab of Speccy. Alternatively, you can publish a Speccy snapshot too: Speccy - Publish Snapshot of your System Specs .

Check if the Power Supply Unit (PSU) supplying adequate power to the computer or not.
eXtreme Power Supply Calculator
Also let us know the wattage of the PSU.

Stress test the Graphics Card using Furmark.
Video Card - Stress Test with Furmark

Let us know the results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/323409-bsod-while-idle.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi Guys
After a calm year my system has BSOD a couple of times in the last three weeks.

Unfortunately I wasn't at my desk when it went today and only saw it as it switched off so I couldn't get the error ref. I'm not sure if you can help at this stage but I do attach a zip containing my OS details, minidump folder and Health check HTML as asked in posting instructions. Is that enough to help with any advice or do I need to catch the next BSOD event for the error ref and repost?

Regards,
Graham

A:BSOD when PC idle

Hello,

No need to catch the BSOD in the act; all data can be collected after the fact. In fact, all the info we use is found in the jcgriff2 report you uploaded.

Start by installing SP1: Learn how to install Windows 7 Service Pack 1 &#40;SP1&#41;

Next, flash the F13 BIOS from here: GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket 1366 - GA-EX58-UD4P (rev. 1.0)

You might also run the three Prime95 tests: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...t-prime95.html

...Summary of the dumps:

Code:

Built by: 7600.16841.amd64fre.win7_gdr.110622-1503
Debug session time: Fri Aug 26 12:11:07.392 2011 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 2:42:00.703
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!ExAllocatePoolWithTag+53d )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x3B
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x3B_nt!ExAllocatePoolWithTag+53d
Debug session time: Thu Aug 25 12:29:22.213 2011 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 8:37:51.524
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for Unknown_Module_00000000`00000000
Probably caused by : Pool_Corruption ( nt!ExDeferredFreePool+1e4 )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x50
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x50_nt!ExDeferredFreePool+1e4
Debug session time: Fri Aug 19 10:17:51.484 2011 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:47:08.684
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+29f17 )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x1a_5003
PROCESS_NAME: svchost.exe
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x1a_5003_nt!_??_::FNODOBFM::_string_+29f17
BiosReleaseDate = 05/11/2009
SystemProductName = EX58-UD4P

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/183848-bsod-when-pc-idle.html
Relevancy 45.15%

So i have have been getting a lot of BSODs lately. Last mth i performed upgrade install since win 7 doesnt have a repair option. But i still get the BSODs. I just got 3 within 24hrs. 2 times it happened at idle while i was fixing an xbox. I have included the dumps.
Is Windows 7 . . .
- xp
- full

- 6mths, reinstalled/ upgrade install less than 30dys ago

THE 3RD POST has the correct files, thanks

A:BSOD on idle

Quote: Originally Posted by xboxhaxorz

So i have have been getting a lot of BSODs lately. Last mth i performed upgrade install since win 7 doesnt have a repair option. But i still get the BSODs. I just got 3 within 24hrs. 2 times it happened at idle while i was fixing an xbox. I have included the dumps.
Is Windows 7 . . .
- xp
- full

- 6mths, reinstalled/ upgrade install less than 30dys ago

These are memory exceptions but need the actual DMP file to say which driver is causing it

If you wish to have others assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder. The procedure:

* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Start your own thread in the appropriate section of the forum and attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
* Briefly describe the problem history and circumstances in the same post. Somebody will attend to your query as soon as possible.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/119543-bsod-idle.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I am starting to think this ocmputer doesnt like to sit idle - i am also hoping that its not what it was last time cos i did as i was asked
anyway here`s the log thanks in advance

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/399685-another-bsod-while-idle.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hello forum members.
Lately I am getting a huge amount of crashes,(BSOD) mainly at idle.
I can hear the computer satrting windows when I am somewhere in the house.
I have attached a minidump folder.
Could someone please take a look and seek for the problem.
Thank you.
Gabriel.

A:BSOD mostly at idle

Quote: Originally Posted by Gabriel69

Hello forum members.
Lately I am getting a huge amount of crashes,(BSOD) mainly at idle.
I can hear the computer satrting windows when I am somewhere in the house.
I have attached a minidump folder.
Could someone please take a look and seek for the problem.
Thank you.
Gabriel.

Virtually all of these were caused by memory management (probably a driver) Please run these two tests.
Download a copy of Memtest86 and burn the ISO to a CD using Iso Recorder or another ISO burning program.

Boot from the CD, and leave it running for at least 5 or 6 passes.

Just remember, any time Memtest reports errors, it can be either bad RAM or a bad motherboard slot.

Driver verifier

Quote:
I'd suggest that you first backup your stuff and then make sure you've got access to another computer so you can contact us if problems arise. Then make a System Restore point (so you can restore the system using the Vista/Win7 Startup Repair feature).

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/176580-bsod-mostly-idle.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hello,

I have this laptop for a year and a half. Never had BSODs before but since monday I already had 3. The first of them I was watching a video. The two others I was just browsing.

I appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Rafael

Hi Rafaxy & Welcome to the forums ^_^,

I am extremely sorry for the late response but we have been very busy and at times we do get overwhelmed.
I have analysed your dump files and below has been provided an analysis of the same for informative purposes :-

Code:
**************************Thu Oct 2 23:42:38.622 2014 (UTC + 5:30)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\SysnativeBSODApps\100214-64234-01.dmp]

Windows 8 Kernel Version 9600 MP (8 procs) Free x64

Built by: 9600.17238.amd64fre.winblue_gdr.140723-2018

System Uptime: 1 days 23:34:06.717

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KiSystemServiceExit+24b )

BugCheck 1, {7fff9dc4ad7a, 0, fffd, ffffd00026d0db80}
BugCheck Info: APC_INDEX_MISMATCH (1)

Arguments:
Arg1: 00007fff9dc4ad7a, Address of system call function or worker routine
Arg2: 0000000000000000, Thread->ApcStateIndex
Arg3: 000000000000fffd, (Thread->SpecialApcDisable << 16) | Thread->KernelApcDisable
Arg4: ffffd00026d0db80, Call type (0 - system call, 1 - worker routine)
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN8_DRIVER_FAULT

PROCESS_NAME: audiodg.exe

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x1_SysCallNum_6_nt!KiSystemServiceExit

CPUID: "Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3635QM CPU @ 2.40GHz"

MaxSpeed: 2400

CurrentSpeed: 2395

BIOS Version P04ABJ

BIOS Release Date 09/19/2012

Manufacturer SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS CO., LTD.

Product Name 700Z3C/700Z5C

**************************Wed Oct 1 00:07:49.915 2014 (UTC + 5:30)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\SysnativeBSODApps\093014-28718-01.dmp]

System Uptime: 0 days 0:38:53.670

BugCheck 1, {7ff85970ad7a, 0, fffd, ffffd00022210b80}

Arguments:
Arg1: 00007ff85970ad7a, Address of system call function or worker routine
Arg3: 000000000000fffd, (Thread->SpecialApcDisable << 16) | Thread->KernelApcDisable
Arg4: ffffd00022210b80, Call type (0 - system call, 1 - worker routine)

BIOS Version P04ABJ

BIOS Release Date 09/19/2012

Manufacturer SAMSUNG ELECTRONICS CO., LTD.

Product Name 700Z3C/700Z5C

**************************Tue Sep 30 23:27:18.643 2014 (UTC + 5:30)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\SysnativeBSODApps\093014-27140-01.dmp]

System Uptime: 0 days 19:59:39.399

BugCheck 1, {7ffd5beead7a, 0, fffd, ffffd00036186b80}

Arguments:
Arg1: 00007ffd5beead7a, Address of system call function or worker routine
Arg4: ffffd00036186b80, Call type (0 - system call, 1 - worker routine)

BIOS Version P04ABJ

BIOS Release... Read more

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/54780-bsod-while-idle.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hello everybody I am new to the forums and have read the instructions for this area so please excuse my ignorance if I have messed something up I will correct it aws idle when usually BSOD soon as I am either told about it or notice BSOD usually when idle it myself Now on to the issue I have a Dell XPS with most stock hardware added HDD and removed optical drive I am running Windows Ultimate x with and i and gb of ram The Windows install is not factory but it is from a disc I got from dell when I called and complained long enough and to several different people BSOD usually when idle that I did want all of the standard junk that is on the factory restore Most nights my computer apparently BSODs while I am asleep and yesterday was the first time I saw it happen I am unfamiliar with reading the crash reports after the fact but I was able to see on the BSOD I saw that it mentioned my ATI Radeon HD graphics card atisys or something of the sort I then removed the ATI drivers and software complete with Driver Cleaner and reinstalled the newest version I do no do and have not done overclocking Any help with this issue and how you came to that conclusion would be appreciated

A:BSOD usually when idle

The debugger doesn't like your graphic driver install for some reason, I can't get it to spit back anything but video tdr reports from the debugger here.

This is the same conclusion you came to. I am surprised that wiping the driver and reinstalling didn't solve the problem for you though.

Being a i7 system do you also have the intel 3000hd listed under display devices?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/226618-bsod-usually-when-idle.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I built a pc to run as a server on my network, and have installed Win 7 RC 32 bit. The windows install was to a clean HD, and has twice reported a BSOD and restarted. The second minidump is attached. I tried, but have been unable to read the minidump using the windows debug tools; I keep getting a symbols error even though I've installed the symbols files and told windbg where they are.

ASUS A7N8X-X mobo
AMD Athlon XP 1.9 Ghz
1.5 GB ram
3ware PCI IDE raid 5
Realtek AC97 audio (on mobo)
Geforece 6600 video

Any help appreciated.

Spencercat

A:BSOD when idle with RC

spencercat

You're right this dump isnt going to be much help. the faulting file is ntoskrnl but since it paged out of memory the rest is missing.

Are you overclocking? Is there a raid attached?

You can try to narrow it down by going into event viewer and working your way back to when this started to happen. If there is an error around that time see what the event ID and source are
Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/26162-bsod-when-idle-rc.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Thought I got rid of this problem awhile ago, just started bluescreening again in time for starting back to school tomorrow. Dump files attached, any help is appreciated.

A:BSOD during idle

Seems to be anAMD driver
usbfilter.sys. Go to the link below and update all AMD drivers
Support & Drivers
If the problem is not resloved we will find and update that one specific driver.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/303479-bsod-during-idle.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I have been experiencing a blue screen recently, only when i walk away from my computer and leave it idle. Typically just at the the desktop or downloading. Here are a few .dmp files regarding this issue.

edit:
Gigabyte z97 gaming 5 mobo
Gigabyte G1 GTX 970 SLI
16GB (8x2) HyperX Fury ram

Additional information is required.

1. Download the DM Log Collector application to your desktop by clicking the link below

DM Log Collector.exe

2. Run it by double-clicking the icon on your desktop, and follow the prompts.
3. Locate the .ZIP file that is created on your desktop, and upload it here in your next reply.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/357707-bsod-while-idle.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hey all I'm tyring to debug my friends computer that keeps BSOD-ing and restarting when idle What might be the cause His video-card gave up a while ago it was a Nvidia card Without removing the old drivers I think they installed an Gigabyte Radeon HD -card and its drivers So this is what I think is creating the random crashes But these are just speculations and I cant be sure So before doing full time-consuming driver idle BSOD when removals and stuff like that on a computer that isn't mine I'd like to be able to BSOD when idle narrow down what's causing the random restarts Usually when Vista comes back it gives the BCCode a But today when we returned to the computer the screen was black Explorer BSOD when idle exe wouldn't start and the code was different BCCode E I filled in this computers specs when I registered if those arent visible then tell me and I'll rewrite them Also I'll look for the dmp files now and attach them in a sec Thanks for helping out Mattedatten

A:BSOD when idle

I'd remove all aspects of the Nvidia card using something like driversweeper. Its pretty easy, and woul be my 1st try.
http://majorgeeks.com/Driver_Sweeper_d6171.html

You might want to check the memory with memtest.

What is the power supply size? You should beabgle to power a 5450 on pretty much all psu, but it might be going bad.

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/293912-bsod-when-idle.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I get bsod s when the machine is sitting idle overnight also when i m attempting to run at BSOD's while idle email protected This is a brand new machine right out of the box Dell XPS i QX gb stock ram no overclock I ran HJT and saw some unknown files in Winsock and wanted to know if that s what s killing the rig Thanx muh for the help below is a paste of the blue screens BSOD's while at idle and the HJT log Thank BSOD's while at idle you so much in advance for any help http i photobucket com albums kk mr scary bucket BSODIII jpg http BSOD's while at idle i photobucket com albums kk mr scary bucket bsodII- jpg Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows Vista WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Windows RtHDVCpl exe C Windows System nvraidservice exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashDisp exe C Windows System rundll exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe C Users Dad Downloads CoreTemp Core Temp exe C Users Dad Downloads RealTemp RealTemp RealTemp exe C Users Dad Downloads HWMonitor HWMonitor exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blank R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Internet Explorer provided by Dell R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO Browser Address Error Redirector - CA C - B - E-A -A C DB F - C Program Files Dell BAE BAE dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run Windows Defender ProgramFiles Windows Defender MSASCui exe -hide O - HKLM Run ECenter C Dell E-Center EULALauncher exe O - HKLM Run RtHDVCpl RtHDVCpl exe O - HKLM Run NVRaidService C Windows system nvraidservice exe O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run Google Desktop Search quot C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe quot startup O - HKLM Run dscactivate quot C Program Files Dell Support Center gs agent custom dsca exe quot O - HKLM Run UfSeAgnt exe quot C Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security UfSeAgnt exe quot O - HKLM Run tisspwiz exe quot C Program Files Trend Micro Internet Security tisspwiz exe quot Delay O - HKLM Run avast C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C Windows system NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C Windows system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInit O - H... Read more

Relevancy 45.15%

Hello i am new to the forum so please forgive me if i have done this incorrectly I read the BOSD Posting Instructions so hopefully i am doing this right I get home from work or wake up in the morning and see that the laptop has rebooted and i have that quot report the problem quot or whatever it is popup on the screen It has never happened when i am actually using the system however that could be a coincidence I do not notice any other issues with the system all programs appear to run fine i have attached the zip folder created from SF Diag Tool I certainly appreciate the help Thanks Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode a BCP FFFFF FC when Idle BSOD BCP FFFFFFFFC BCP FD BCP FFFFF C C OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users kevin AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml

A:BSOD when Idle

Welcome to SevenForums.

Make scans with the following:

-Kaspersky TDSSKillerAnti-rootkit utility TDSSKiller
-ESET online scannerFree Online Virus Scanner | ESET
Upload a screenshot of your hard disk using CrystalDiskInfo:CrystalDiskInfo - Software - Crystal Dew World
Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums
Make a hard drive test from the hard drive manufacturers website:Hard Drive Diagnostic Procedure
Run Disk Check on your hard disk for file system errors and bad sectors on it:Disk Check
Perform a System File Check:Click on the start
Type CMD on Search
Left click and Run as Administrator
Type SFC /scannow
Full tutorial here:SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

Code:
Trend Micro Client Framework "c:\program files\trend micro\uniclient\uifrmwrk\uiwatchdog.exe" Public HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
Trend Micro Titanium "c:\program files\trend micro\titanium\uiframework\uiwinmgr.exe" -set silent "1" splashurl "" Public HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
Please uninstall the above security software for testing purpose.

Microsoft Security Essentials.

Recommended from a strict BSOD perspective, compatibility & stability compared to other antiviruses/internet security software. It is free and lightweight:-Microsoft Security Essentials - Free Antivirus for WindowsMalwarebytes : Malwarebytes Anti-Malware removes malware including viruses, spyware, worms and trojans, plus it protects your computerGood and Free system security combination.
How to Scan Your Computer With Multiple Antivirus Programs - How-To Geek

Warning
Do not start the free trial of Malware Bytes; remember to deselect that option when prompted.

Run a full scan with both (separately) once downloaded, installed and updated.

Reduce items at start-up. Nothing except anti-virus is required plus improves the time for logging in windows.Startup Programs - Change
Troubleshoot Application Conflicts by Performing a Clean Startup
If the steps above don't result positive, test RAM in the following manner:

Take memtest. Run for 8 passes and test each stick in a know good slot for an additional 6 passes.

Quote:
The goal is to test all the RAM sticks and all the motherboard slots.

Check your motherboard manual to ensure the RAM sticks are in the recommended motherboard slots. Some motherboards have very specific slots required for the number of RAM sticks installed.

If you get errors, stop the test and continue with the next step.

1. Remove all but one stick of RAM from your computer (this will be RAM stick #1), and run Memtest86 again, for 7 passes.*Be sure to note the RAM stick, use a piece of tape with a number, and note the motherboard slot.
If this stick passes the test then go to step #3.

2. If RAM stick #1 has errors, repeat the test with RAM stick #2 in the same motherboard slot.*If RAM stick #2 passes, this indicates that RAM stick #1 may be bad. If you want to be absolutely sure, re-test RAM stick #1 in another known good slot.
*If RAM stick #2 has errors, this indicates another possible bad RAM stick, a possible motherboard slot failure or inadequate settings.
3. Test the next stick of RAM (stick #2) in the next motherboard slot.*If this RAM stick has errors repeat step #2 using a known good stick if possible, or another stick.
*If this RAM stick has no errors and both sticks failed in slot#1, test RAM stick #1 in this slot.
4. If you find a stick that passes the test, test it in all the other motherboard slots.

If Part 2 testing shows errors, and all tests in Part 3 show errors, you will need to test the RAM sticks in another computer and/or test other RAM in your computer to identify the problem.

In this way, you can identify whether it is a bad stick of RAM, a bad motherboard, or incompatibility between the sticks.

... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/275419-bsod-when-idle.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hello, I recently build myself a new computer... even the first day I noticed issues where my computer would hang up when I tried to type my password... this was on Windows 8. So I decided to install Windows 7, I've had no issues at all, but I have had crashes once in a while due to the 330 Intel SSD, found a fix for that a no issues after that.

But now when I came home from school my computer have been idle all day, but I had a popup telling me about how Windows recovered from a error (Bluescreen). I'd love to get some help!

Hello kewifield.

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 124, {0, fffffa8012652028, be000000, 800400}

Probably caused by : GenuineIntel

---------
Follow it: Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/275151-bsod-while-idle.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I had gotten a BSOD error code 1E while the computer was at idle. It had worked without indecent until then.

I have attached a memory dump zip file.

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

A:BSOD 1E While at idle.

Follow these-

Quote: Originally Posted by Arc

Get rid of intel rapid storage.
Right click on "my computer" icon and click "manage" on the context menu.
It will open the "computer management" window.
Select "Device Manager" in the left pane, It will list all the existing devices up.
Expand "Disc Drives" by clicking on the triangle in front of it.
Select one item under it, right click, uninstall.
Continue the process for all items under "Disc Drives"
Now restart the computer. At restart, windows will auto configure the appropriate system driver, msahci.sys.

Quote: Originally Posted by writhziden

If you have an SSD, make sure the following are up to date:SSD firmware
BIOS Version
Chipset Drivers
Hard disk controller drivers/SATA drivers
If you have a Marvell IDE ATA/ATAPI device, make sure the drivers are up to date from the Intel site or Marvell site and not from your motherboard/vendor support site.

Use the System File Checker tool and Run Disk Check: Repair Windows 7 System Files with System File Checker

Run Disk Check in Windows 7 for Bad Sectors & ErrorsUpload a screenshot using:CrystalDiskInfo For how to upload a screenshot or file, read here

Test your Hard Drive by running:Hard Drive Diagnostic ProcedureTest and Diagnose RAM Issues with Memtest86+:RAM - Test with Memtest86+ Pay close attention to part 3 of the tutorial "If you have errors"

Tip
Test the RAM with Memtest86+ for at least 7-10 passes. It may take up to 22 passes to find problems. Make sure to run it once after the system has been on for a few hours and is warm, and then also run it again when the system has been off for a few hours and is cold.

Reduce items at start up:Performing a Clean Startup in Windows 7

Add, or Remove Startup Programs in Windows 7
Your Antivirus software is basically whats just needed there.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/299639-bsod-1e-while-idle.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hello all i'm new to this forum So glad to find a forum specifically for windows seven I have been a user for almost years in 0x..4e idle, BSOD 0x..50 and when my laptop but just install in my computer recently In my laptop i've never found a bsod When i success install windows in my computer i do the usual driver and software install When all is done i put on my music player and leave it to take a drink BSOD when idle, 0x..50 and 0x..4e When i come back my computer just restarted and show a log of bsod It happened not everyday but quite a lot that start to irritate me I've just upgraded all my computer parts and update all driver so i think it's not a hardware problem I've been googling and find that an error is because of ntoskrnl exe I've attached my minidump file Mostly the bsod code is x and x e My question is Is it true the bsod is because of ntoskrnl exe Is repairing the windows will simply solve the problem

A:BSOD when idle, 0x..50 and 0x..4e

These crashes were caused by memory corruption possibly your 2 + year old ESET.
Please run these two tests to verify your memory and find which driver is causing the problem.

* If you are overclocking anything reset to default before running these tests.
In other words STOP!!!

* If you have a Raid update its Driver.

Memtest.

Quote:
*Download a copy of Memtest86 and burn the ISO to a CD using Iso Recorder or another ISO burning program. Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

*Boot from the CD, and leave it running for at least 5-7 passes.

Any errors are indicative of a memory problem.

If a known good stick fails in a motherboard slot it is probably the slot.

Driver Verifer

Quote:
Using Driver Verifier is an iffy proposition.
Most times it'll crash and it'll tell you what the driver is.
But sometimes it'll crash and won't tell you the driver.
Other times it'll crash before you can log in to Windows.
If you can't get to Safe Mode, then you'll have to resort to offline editing of the registry to disable Driver Verifier.

I'd suggest that you first backup your stuff and then make sure you've got access to another computer so you can contact us if problems arise.
Then make a System Restore point (so you can restore the system using the Vista/Win7 Startup Repair feature).

NOTE: You can use Low Resource Simulation if you'd like.
From my limited experimentation it makes the BSOD's come faster.

If you are using win 8 add these
- Concurrency Stress Test
- DDI compliance checking

Reboot the system and wait for it to crash to the Blue Screen.
Continue to use your system normally, and if you know what causes the crash, do that repeatedly.
The objective here is to get the system to crash because Driver Verifier is stressing the drivers out.
If it doesn't crash for you, then let it run for at least 36 hours of continuous operation.
Reboot into Windows (after the crash) and turn off Driver Verifier by going back in and selecting "Delete existing settings" on the first page, then locate and zip up the memory dump file and upload it with your next post.

Thanks to JGriff2 & Usasma.

Using Driver Verifier to identify issues with Windows drivers for advanced users

Driver Verifier

Using Driver Verifier (Windows Drivers)

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/226620-bsod-when-idle-0x-50-0x-4e.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I walked away from my computer and when I came back it had turned off. When I checked to see what had happened I found out it was a BSOD. Please help me find the reason behind the BSOD. Thank you very much!

Hi.

Download and install Drivers for Atheros AR9485WB and Windows 7.

Free up the startup. Windows does not need any other program to auto start with it, but the auto start programs often conflicts and causes various problems including BSODs.
Type ?msconfig (without quotes), click the resulting link. It will open the System Configuration window.
Select the ?Startup? tab.
Apply > OK
Accept then restart.
Report us for any further BSOD after doing these two.

Code:
BugCheck 9F, {3, fffffa800763ea10, fffff8000477c3d8, fffffa800f47d9f0}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for athrx.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for athrx.sys
Probably caused by : athrx.sys

---------

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/370279-bsod-while-idle.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Computer crashes when going afk, or leaving the computer idle and sometimes when gaming, i uploaded a memory.dmp if someone could read it, that would be great.

Was also getting quite a bit of data loss on restarts causing me to reformat every week.

Memory Dump
Download memory.rar for free on uploading.com

Welcome To Seven Forums
Please take the time to fillin you full system specs here
Attachment 130966

If you need help with them you can use this program Speccy - Download

Or |MG| HWiNFO32 3.65 Download
Thanks.
I'm certian more help will come, but from what I've read it sounds as if your having trouble with amdKmad

You might want to run. SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker
Then also Hardware Diagnostic !! ? Captain Debugger
Once done you might try re-installing you graphics card driver and
CCC.
It also could be something as simple overheating of the card, to find out I like to use GPU_z GPU-Z Video card GPU Information Utility
Unlless I'm way offf and your not runningan ATI/AMD card. Please popst back
Thanks. Fabe

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/136930-bsod-when-idle.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi,

For nearly two months now I've been having a problem with BSOD any time that my computer is idle for a couple of hours or more. I've updated my drivers, removed all the software I've installed since Feb, and run a hardware diagnostics, but I just can't get to the bottom of this.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

SYSTEM DETAILS:
Sony Vaio VGN-NW20ZF/S, 5 months old
Windows 7 Home Premium x64, pre-installed
Intel Core 2 Duo processor
ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4570 graphics card
BIOS: AMI R1120Y4

POWER SUPPLY:
Sony VGP-AC19V36

Relevancy 45.15%

I am getting BSODs when my computer is idle for a few minutes. I formatted my computer and reinstalled windows but the BSODs returned.

Thanks

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/383049-bsod-when-idle.html
Relevancy 45.15%

For the past several weeks after my laptop has been idle (screen shuts off) for a few minutes I receive a BSOD. The BSOD looks like it is hanging when trying to write to the logs and I don't see a minidump file created (I confirmed that the log is configured to be created). My laptop doesn't crash when i'm actively using it to access the internet, play games, etc. Any help would be appreciated.

I have attached the required logs but please let me know if I can provide further information. Thanks!

A:BSOD when Idle

Hello, welcome to SF.
give me a few minuets and i will look into this for you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/325912-bsod-when-idle.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Whenever I leave my computer I will come back to have being signed out and realizing it has BSoDed me I have checked what Windows tells me what happened during the quot Unexpected BSOD idle during Shutdown quot and it says Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode a BCP BCP FFFFFA F BCP FFFFF BCA BCP FFFFF A D F OS Version Service Pack Product Also it gives me the path to my Minidumps and I will be posting both dmp files with this post I am getting extremely annoyed and hope that someone can resolve this problem I know it might be memory because I did a memory test on my PC a while back and it showed up and mb of my was faulty I have not yet found a way to diagnose my RAM I doubt the problem is overheating because everything BSOD during idle on BSOD during idle my computer stays below degrees Celsius my GPU being Another annoyance that is caused everytime my computer is shut down my Internet BSOD during idle Explorer will reset some of my selected options like instead of going to home page when opening a new tab it will be reset to the default which is to open a blank page Hopefully somebody on the forums knows how to resolve this because I am getting very annoyed by all of these problems

Also, although I doubt this has to do with the BSoDs, the last time it BSoDed was when I was downloading an update for StarCraft 2. I rarely think it is BSoDing because of internet usage but it may be possible because my D-Link DWA-552 adapter has been giving me a lot of trouble with connecting to the internet and stuff.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/267669-bsod-during-idle.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Here I am again, I woke up from a nap to a BSOD, nothing was running. This is the 2nd one in two day but I used CCleaner which erased the first one.

system is overclocked but has been rock solid for months. I have installed only one program, UnChecky.
Unchecky - Keeps your checkboxes clear

Diag tool logs.

Attachment 310281

A:BSOD at idle

I see no driver being flagged Gary,

It is a Bugcheck 7E,

Bug Check 0x7E: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (Windows Debuggers)

Code:
BugCheck 1000007E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff80003a99710, fffff8800d3e84b8, fffff8800d3e7d10}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!ObpQueryNameString+127 )

Quote:
0xC0000005: STATUS_ACCESS_VIOLATION indicates a memory access violation occurred.

Bugcheck 7's are usually disk related, so a chkdsk /r might be in order as well as Memtest86+

Maybe Arc or one of the other pro's can dig deeper and see something I don't.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/325194-bsod-idle.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Im getting BSODs after the computer is idle for some time. Here is the report:

Is Windows 7 . . .
- x86 (32-bit) or x64 ? x64
- the original installed OS on the system? Windows 7 Ultimate x64
- an OEM or full retail version? Retail
- OEM = came pre-installed on system
- Full Retail = you purchased it from retailer

- What is the age of system (hardware)? 3 months
- What is the age of OS installation (have you re-installed the OS?) 1 year

A:BSOD After idle

Hello,

The latest two crashes (January 16 and December 8) blame your ShrewSoft VPN Adapter IM Filter Driver; you may consider removing that for now.

Install an updated BIOS; I cannot connect to the ASUS support page to get you the download link, but that's where it can be found.

Finally, run driver verifier: Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/143910-bsod-after-idle.html
Relevancy 45.15%

hello guys,
I have some bad BSOD and the strange flickering of the screen causing a dump. you can check in the dump file if you understand what comes from?
thank you very much!

A:BSOD in idle

Please post this report before we begin: Windows Genuine and Activation Issue Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/293995-bsod-idle.html
Relevancy 45.15%

For the past week my pc (built 3 months ago) has rebooted when i walk away for 20 or so minutes
When i come back i find my computer at the login screen
During regular use there's no problem at all which i find quite odd

The only thing ive installed that recent is a Logitech K340 keyboard, the unifying reciever software, and the latest CCC
No idea if its a driver issue, the ram or something else =/

From event viewer:

Code:
- System

- Provider

[ Name] Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power
[ Guid] {331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4}

EventID 41

Version 2

Level 1

Task 63

Opcode 0

Keywords 0x8000000000000002

- TimeCreated

[ SystemTime] 2011-01-07T09:58:34.884823400Z

EventRecordID 42175

Correlation

- Execution

[ ProcessID] 4
[ ThreadID] 8

Channel System

Computer Kevin-PC

- Security

[ UserID] S-1-5-18

- EventData

BugcheckCode 59
BugcheckParameter1 0xc0000005
BugcheckParameter2 0xfffff88004909817
BugcheckParameter3 0xfffff880082c0900
BugcheckParameter4 0x0
SleepInProgress false
PowerButtonTimestamp 0

A:BSoD during idle

Dumps blame atikmdag.sys, your ATI display drivers

- Boot into safe mode with networking
- Uninstall the ATI drivers including Catalyst Control Center
- Use driver sweeper to remove leftover ATI display driver files Guru3D - Driver Sweeper
- Install the latest drivers ATI Radeon
- Reboot into normal mode

Code:
BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff880048c6817, fffff880083cc900, 0}

Probably caused by : atikmdag.sys ( atikmdag+90817 )

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/136081-bsod-during-idle.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Good Afternoon all I want to ain't while BSOD anything do (idle) asked why my PC BSOD when I'm idle only for few minutes while I'm taking my lunch when I'm back my computer in the win startup select screen for save or normal mode I just left my google chrome and yahoo messenger and no other programs BSOD while ain't do anything (idle) the weird things is my pc have completely OK after previous fix in this thread http www sevenforums com crashes-d g-copying html Now it BSOD again nbsp nbsp BSOD while ain't do anything (idle) Quote Originally Posted by windows Problem signature BSOD while ain't do anything (idle) Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode a BCP BCP BCP BCP FFFFF D F OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users Azhuka AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml Read our privacy statement online Windows Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows If the online privacy statement is not available please read our privacy statement offline C Windows system en-US erofflps txt win bit Pro OEM all Hardware about week except the harddisk about month usage all my system spec on my profile list below my ID report attached Thank you

A:BSOD while ain't do anything (idle)

Please follow the http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html to provide us with the full reports.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/240780-bsod-while-aint-do-anything-idle.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 1000007e
BCP1: FFFFFFFFC0000005
BCP2: FFFFF800029701C2
BCP3: FFFFF88002BA6958
BCP4: FFFFF88002BA61C0
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\041311-31200-01.dmp
C:\Users\Zach\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-39827-0.sysdata.xml
Saw some other threads where they attatched the dmp file, so I will do so as well:

A:BSOD on idle

ASACPI.sys the 2005 version is a huge cause of BSODs

Information
The 2005 version of this driver is a known BSOD cause.
Please visit this link: ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download P7P55D LE
Scroll down to the Utilities category, then scroll down to the "ATK0110 driver for WindowsXP/Vista/Windows 7 32&64-bit" (it's about the 12th item down).
Download and install it.
Go to C:\Windows\System32\drivers to check and make sure that the ASACPI.sys file is date stamped from 2009 or 2010 (NOT 2005)

Code:
ASACPI.sys fffff880`040a7000 fffff880`040af000 0x00008000 0x42476c4c 28/03/2005
06:30:36

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/156806-bsod-idle.html
Relevancy 45.15%

random bsod after 10 - 15min in idle, sofar its not too much of a problem as it only happens when the computer is not in use, I was using vista ultamite for a while with same problem but now im using win 7 Home Premium x64 from a fresh install and the problem has followed, I have attached a zip containing the only minidump on this computer I have already tried repairing drive with chkdsk and the cmd command sfc /scannow with no success, both found nothing but avanced system care 5.3 pro picks up errors on the disk scan and ques chkdsk with nothing being fixed

any info to fix this would be great as its getting annoying..
thanks in advance

A:BSOD while on idle

This could be a memory issue... Try running Memtest86 for at least 7 passes:
http://www.memtest.org/
Download the pre-compiled bootable ISO zip file and burn it to a CD or DVD. Boot the computer with the disc and run the test for at least 7 passes

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-while-on-idle.182279/
Relevancy 45.15%

I have experience two BSOD while I am on the desktop watching youtube videos or just idling, hope you guys can find out the problem. You have my deepest thanks!!

I have yet another 2 more BSOD, oddly enough if it's idling it seems to be fine but when there are multiple application in particular, my bit torrent then it may BSOD.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/335766-bsod-while-idle.html
Relevancy 45.15%

the computer bluescreens when sitting

Hi There,

Every dump for the last three months is blaming the same driver,

Code:
Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\scmndisp.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for scmndisp.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for scmndisp.sys
Probably caused by : scmndisp.sys ( scmndisp+16d1 )

Which is from 2011,

Code:
Loaded symbol image file: scmndisp.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\scmndisp.sys
Image name: scmndisp.sys
Timestamp: Fri May 27 03:30:22 2011 (4DDF7D3E)
CheckSum: 00009C0C
ImageSize: 0000A000
It has something to do with your Netgear adapter,

Driver Reference Table - scmndisp.sys

See if you can find an update here,

For Home

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/336497-bsod-when-idle.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I don't know how many times my laptop have been crashed and BSOD during idle time even when I am not in front of my laptop..
I'm having Windows 7 home premium 64bit OEM
I bought this laptop early this year

here I include the zip file of Windows_NT6_BSOD_jcgriff2 folder & the PERFMON HTML file..

Hello,

Start by installing SP1: Learn how to install Windows 7 Service Pack 1 &#40;SP1&#41;

Run driver verifier: Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable

Also run through a couple of hardware diagnostics, starting with the three Prime95 tests: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...t-prime95.html

Run Memtest86 overnight: RAM - Test with Memtest86+

...Summary of the dumps:

Code:

Debug session time: Thu Aug 25 04:35:19.832 2011 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 2:25:52.954
Probably caused by : Ntfs.sys ( Ntfs!NtfsFindStartingNode+52b )
PROCESS_NAME: sidebar.exe
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x24
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x24_Ntfs!NtfsFindStartingNode+52b
BiosReleaseDate = 08/27/2009
SystemProductName = G60VX
Debug session time: Sun Aug 28 06:02:54.221 2011 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 12:44:58.031
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KiSystemServiceExit+245 )
PROCESS_NAME: svchost.exe
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x1_SysCallNum_4_nt!KiSystemServiceExit+245
Debug session time: Fri Aug 26 15:01:19.646 2011 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:17:54.457
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!ObpLookupObjectName+21d )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x50
PROCESS_NAME: WDFME.exe
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x50_nt!ObpLookupObjectName+21d

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/183453-bsod-during-idle.html
Relevancy 45.15%

So bluescreen happened when I was idle, no idea what it could be. Any help is appreciated!

Quick reply, forgot to add additional information!

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/358485-bsod-when-idle.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hello I believe it's been like this since I bought it about months Everything's peachy while I'm using my pc But if I leave BSOD idle when it idle after about an hour estimate I get a blue screen I usually win L while I'm away I have a E cpu HD gpu GB ram dual channel P Q motherboard x GB raid hdds Using vista ultimate bit with sp and all the latest updates I get STOP x E XFFFFFFFFC xFFFFF B DD x x D another time STOP x E XFFFFFFFFC xFFFFF A x x I have attached the results of running OvenMittBandit Vista - - x and perfmon If you need more information let me know Thank you Everytime I forget or I fall asleep the pc reboots It then waits a curios amount of time at the bootup to detect the hard drives A few days ago I decided I'd reinstall vista It seems to have worked I only installed the intel chipset ethernet video and audio card drivers Haven't installed anything from my asus motherboard or gpu cd again I went with nod from the start Last time I had outpost which randomly blocked my internet connection then nod So far no more blue screens when the computer is idle I'm happy now

Relevancy 45.15%

Just had a BSOD while PC was idle,had a few BSOD before but never had a problem with it,it's got way too annoying now though,below are my specs:

Ram: 8GB DDR3
Proccessor: Intel Core i5 2500k @ 3.30 GHZ
Graphics card:Nvidia Geforce GTX 560 DirectCu

Thanks in advance.

A:BSOD while PC was idle.

Problem Device:
Code:
PCI Simple Communications Controller PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1C3A&SUBSYS_844D1043&REV_04\3&11583659&0&B0 The drivers for this device are not installed.
The Intel Management Engine Interface is one of the most important devices for the system. Without its drivers, your system may not be stable.
Problematic Software:
Code:
Start Menu\Programs\TuneUp Utilities 2012 Public:Start Menu\Programs\TuneUp Utilities 2012 Public
Many of us on the forums actually do not recommend automated optimization tools for Windows 7. Windows 7 does a much better job of handling its own optimization than its predecessors did. We especially do not recommend registry cleaning as an "optimization" step because automated registry cleaning causes more harm to the registry than it actually repairs.

In the future, if you need help optimizing Windows 7, please post a thread in Performance & Maintenance - Windows 7 Forums or follow the tutorial enclosed in that forum to Optimize Windows 7.
Your wireless driver athrx.sys is out of date. Please make sure to update it from the vendor's support site.
Please remove any CD/DVD virtualization software, such as Daemon Tools/Alcohol 120%, as they use a driver called sptd.sys that is known to cause BSODs. Use add/remove programs to remove the software. After removing the software, use the sptd.sys uninstaller to remove sptd.sys from the system.

I prefer TotalMounter as my CD/DVD virtualization software as it allows me to burn images to a virtual CD/DVD if I just want an ISO file instead of a disc, and it is free.

Many use MagicISO - Convert BIN to ISO, Create, Edit, Burn, Extract ISO file, ISO/BIN converter/extractor/editor as well, which is also free.
Crashes caused by avast! and by Video TDR Error 0x116.Uninstall avast! with the avast! uninstall utility. Then, download a fresh copy of avast! and install it.

If that does not resolve the avast! related crashes, uninstall avast1 again with the utility and replace it with Microsoft Security Essentials - Free Antivirus for Windows to test.

Quote: Originally Posted by H2SO4

These are all stop 0x116 VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE conditions.

It's not a true crash, in the sense that the bluescreen was initiated only because the combination of video driver and video hardware was being unresponsive, and not because of any synchronous processing exception.

Since Vista, the "Timeout Detection and Recovery" (TDR) components of the OS video subsystem have been capable of doing some truly impressive things to try to recover from issues which would have caused earlier OSs like XP to crash. As a last resort, the TDR subsystem sends the video driver a "please restart yourself now!" command and waits a few seconds. If there's no response, the OS concludes that the video driver/hardware combo has truly collapsed in a heap, and it fires off that stop 0x116 BSOD.

If playing with video driver versions hasn't helped, make sure the box is not overheating. Try removing a side panel and aiming a big mains fan straight at the motherboard and GPU. Run it like that for a few hours or days - long enough to ascertain whether cooler temperatures make a difference. If so, it might be as simple as dust buildup and subsequently inadequate cooling.

The above quote was taken from http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tml#post280172, which is linked to in usasma's thread about this error. Closely follow the first three posts of usasma's thread outlining STOP 0x116: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR troubleshooting and proceed through each step. Let us know if you need further help.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/233444-bsod-while-pc-idle.html
Relevancy 45.15%

This is the report I get after reboot:

Problem signature:
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 4105

BCCode: 116
BCP1: 868313A8
BCP2: 92597D68
BCP3: 00000000
BCP4: 00000002
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0

Attached both the dm log collector zip and a minidump zip from the windows/minidump folder, just in case (there's 6).

It's never happened while I'm working/doing something. If I leave the computer on overnight (usually while downloading files), it's either crashed by the morning with the noted crash report waiting for me or it's completely dead except for a HDD light flash every 2-seconds. I've caught the BSOD a couple times when I've left the screen on, so I know it's not just random reboots, either, though it happens with no apparent warning.

Any help is appreciated (though no huge rush, as it's my secondary computer and I don't use it a whole lot).

A:BSOD While Idle

Hi Leafsdude.

Update the display driver from Desktop ... take the Catalyst Software Suite 14.9.

Let us know the result.

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 116, {868313a8, 92597d68, 0, 2}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\atikmpag.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atikmpag.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmpag.sys
Probably caused by : atikmpag.sys ( atikmpag+5d68 )

---------

0: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (116)
Attempt to reset the display driver and recover from timeout failed.
Arguments:
Arg1: 868313a8, Optional pointer to internal TDR recovery context (TDR_RECOVERY_CONTEXT).
Arg2: 92597d68, The pointer into responsible device driver module (e.g. owner tag).
Arg3: 00000000, Optional error code (NTSTATUS) of the last failed operation.
Arg4: 00000002, Optional internal context dependent data.

Debugging Details:
------------------
FAULTING_IP:
atikmpag+5d68
92597d68 8bff mov edi,edi

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: GRAPHICS_DRIVER_TDR_FAULT

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x116

ANALYSIS_VERSION: 6.3.9600.17237 (debuggers(dbg).140716-0327) amd64fre

STACK_TEXT:
8dd67a74 9369efb3 00000116 868313a8 92597d68 nt!KeBugCheckEx+0x1e
8dd67a98 9369399c 92597d68 00000000 00000002 dxgkrnl!TdrBugcheckOnTimeout+0x8d
8dd67abc 936d092c 00000000 00000102 88224788 dxgkrnl!TdrIsRecoveryRequired+0xb8
8dd67b34 936faa7c fffffcfb 002409d0 00000000 dxgmms1!VidSchiReportHwHang+0x3c0
8dd67b5c 936fb19d 00000001 00000000 00000000 dxgmms1!VidSchiCheckHwProgress+0x68
8dd67b98 936d78f0 8dd67b90 86ee6838 86ee6938 dxgmms1!VidSchiWaitForSchedulerEvents+0x1b1
8dd67c28 936fc501 88224788 8306ebd9 88224788 dxgmms1!VidSchiScheduleCommandToRun+0xaa
8dd67c3c 936fc5bd 88224788 00000000 88270848 dxgmms1!VidSchiRun_PriorityTable+0xf
8dd67c50 83241169 88224788 a7a86761 00000000 dxgmms1!VidSchiWorkerThread+0x7f
8dd67c90 830e86d9 936fc53e 88224788 00000000 nt!PspSystemThreadStartup+0x9e
00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 nt!KiThreadStartup+0x19
STACK_COMMAND: .bugcheck ; kb

FOLLOWUP_IP:
atikmpag+5d68
92597d68 8bff mov edi,edi

SYMBOL_NAME: atikmpag+5d68

FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: atikmpag

IMAGE_NAME: atikmpag.sys

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 4dae3541

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x116_IMAGE_atikmpag.sys

BUCKET_ID: 0x116_IMAGE_atikmpag.sys

ANALYSIS_SOURCE: KM

FAILURE_ID_HASH_STRING: km:0x116_image_atikmpag.sys

FAILURE_ID_HASH: {e300aa8c-6915-3f37-7957-d2e4fc30a6fd}

---------

0: kd> lmvm atikmpag
start end module name
92592000 925d2000 atikmpag T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: atikmpag.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\atikmpag.sys
Image name: atikmpag.sys
Timestamp: Wed Apr 20 06:52:09 2011 (4DAE3541)
CheckSum: 00049D1B
ImageSize: 00040000

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/352456-bsod-while-idle.html
Relevancy 45.15%

I was plagued by multiple BSOD's about two months back and replaced my onboard NIC with an Intel PCI card a couple of weeks ago (and disabled the onboard in the BIOS). I thought I had the problem licked but over the last 7-10 days I've had BSOD's while the computer has been idle overnight (typically happens early morning) - it's not sleeping or hibernating at any point.

I've attached the DM logs as instructed, and would really appreciate help diagnosing this. The error has been different every time so it's pretty frustrating. Thanks very much!

A:BSOD at idle now

First, you have 30 startup items, which is bad. Free up the startup. Windows does not need any other program to auto start with it, but the auto start programs often conflicts and causes various problems including BSODs.
Type “msconfig (without quotes), click the resulting link. It will open the System Configuration window.
Select the “Startup” tab.
Apply > OK
Accept then restart.
As they all are installed in your computer, you can call them anytime, from Start > All Programs. No need to keep them always running in the background.

Second, Update the Intel ethernet driver from Motherboards | Z87-PRO(V EDITION) | ASUS Global

Third, did you have any Symantec or Norton software installed, that you have uninstalled latter? Leftovers of Symantec are remaining there, which is contributing to BSODs.

Code:
BugCheck D1, {0, 2, 1, fffff88001a4fba0}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for e1q62x64.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for e1q62x64.sys
Probably caused by : vpcnfltr.sys ( vpcnfltr!FilterReceiveNetBufferLists+60d )

---------

0: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (d1)
An attempt was made to access a pageable (or completely invalid) address at an
interrupt request level (IRQL) that is too high. This is usually
caused by drivers using improper addresses.
If kernel debugger is available get stack backtrace.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000000, memory referenced
Arg2: 0000000000000002, IRQL
Arg3: 0000000000000001, value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation
Arg4: fffff88001a4fba0, address which referenced memory

Debugging Details:
------------------
WRITE_ADDRESS: GetPointerFromAddress: unable to read from fffff80003314100
GetUlongFromAddress: unable to read from fffff800033141c0
0000000000000000 Nonpaged pool

CURRENT_IRQL: 2

FAULTING_IP:
ndis!NdisAllocatePacket+90
fffff880`01a4fba0 488937 mov qword ptr [rdi],rsi

ANALYSIS_VERSION: 6.3.9600.17336 (debuggers(dbg).150226-1500) amd64fre

TRAP_FRAME: fffff880078f0fd0 -- (.trap 0xfffff880078f0fd0)
rax=0000000000000f06 rbx=0000000000000000 rcx=fffffa800c9e0580
rdx=0000000000000002 rsi=0000000000000000 rdi=0000000000000000
rip=fffff88001a4fba0 rsp=fffff880078f1160 rbp=0000000000000000
r8=fffffa800c9e0500 r9=0000000000000000 r10=fffffa8013bf8020
r11=0000000000000002 r12=0000000000000000 r13=0000000000000000
iopl=0 nv up ei ng nz na po nc
ndis!NdisAllocatePacket+0x90:
fffff880`01a4fba0 488937 mov qword ptr [rdi],rsi ds:00000000`00000000=????????????????
Resetting default scope

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from fffff800030dd429 to fffff800030dde80

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`078f0e88 fffff800`030dd429 : 00000000`0000000a 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000002 00000000`00000001 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`078f0e90 fffff800`030dc0a0 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000006 fffffa80`0cb89000 fffffa80`10387870 : nt!KiBugCheckDispatch+0x69
fffff880`078f0fd0 fffff880`01a4fba0 : 00000000`00000000 fffff880`01c58de2 fffff880`078f1258 fffffa80`0c9e0588 : nt!KiPageFault+0x260
fffff880`078f1160 fffff880`01a4ff5b : fffffa80`10387870 fffff880`078f1258 fffffa80`10789802 00000000`00000000 : ndi... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/371087-bsod-idle-now.html
Relevancy 45.15%

After I uninstalled BitDefender and installed MSE I am getting constant BSODS, I have only one minidump file to show cause others are not logged (dont know why). Please experts look into it, hope this predicts the problem.

Thanks

A:BSOD when PC is idle

Test your RAM RAM - Test with Memtest86+

Code:
BugCheck A, {684fffec, 2, 1, 82caebaf}

Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MmZeroPageThread+2e1 )

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/127742-bsod-when-pc-idle.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hello,

i built a new system (Asus P8H77-I, Intel i5-3550, 8 GB Crucial and 16GB Kingston RAM) and noticed random bluescreens.

I can play games many hours without problems.
If I leave the PC Idling for about 30 minutes, BSODs come.

I changed the ram (crucial to kingston) and bought a new ssd, but this doesnt helped.

A:BSOD when doing nothing (idle)

Welcome aboard.

Both your crash dumps shows Stop 0xDA with a probable cause ntkrnlmp.exe. That means your dumps do not contain adequate information of the crashes.

In such a situation, it is better to enable Driver Verifier to monitor the drivers.

Run Driver Verifier for 24 hours or the occurrence of the next crash, whichever is earlier.

Let us know the results, with the subsequent crash dumps, if any.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/253242-bsod-when-doing-nothing-idle.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hello all,

I been getting BSOD while my computer is idle, I have no issues while playing games (Fallout 4, MGS V, ARK: Survival Evolved, 7 Days to Die, ect), or when I am on the internet, but sometimes when I leave my computer I come back and saw it rebooted and I have an error message.

Problem signature:
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033

BCCode: 124
BCP1: 0000000000000000
BCP2: FFFFFA800EE03028
BCP3: 00000000BF800000
BCP4: 0000000000200401
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\010116-8595-01.dmp
C:\Users\Peter\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-11372-0.sysdata.xml

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/389470-bsod-while-idle.html
Relevancy 45.15%

This has been with me for a long time can't when idle BSOD only remember how long must have been about years now BSOD only when idle Just decided to try to solve it When I'm using the computer everything is fine My video card is pretty old When playing some games sometimes the game crashes and I get a notification about how my graphics sucks but no BSOD I haven't really exhaustively tested but I think I've used it for hours straight without any problems The problem comes when I leave it alone - minutes I haven't seen BSOD only when idle it alive beyond minutes of idle even if its downloading something or running an antivirus scan I have been able to run a full scan at startup before windows loads which took about an hour with no problems I used windows update to install all the latest updates from windows I have hibernate disabled and no screensavers no standby after x minutes hours I do sometimes put it to sleep from time to time and there are usually no problems I took a look at the files and the event viewer and decided it must be a problem with the hdd tried to do the hard drive self test from the bios it got stuck at and stayed there for over hours then I killed it chkdsk seems to think the harddrive is fine although I haven't tried running it with the -f option A memory diagnostics test through windows was happy with the memory I tried leaving it on on safe mode and it has been on for about hours now I'll leave it overnight That is what made me think there must be some driver that is problematic and that it is not directly the hdd or memory that are the culprits here as the event viewer files attached seem to show Laptop is HP Pavilion dv ca Is Windows - x -bit - Original OS was Windows XP - Full retail kinda got it from university - Bought it on October - OS installation was in july the perfmon report is in the zip file Some useful information from the event viewer After the BSOD there is a quot critical quot event that is created in the event viewer after the restart Event Kernel Power BugcheckCode BugcheckParameter xc BugcheckParameter xc d BugcheckParameter x c BugcheckParameter x SleepInProgress false PowerButtonTimeStamp Sometimes BugcheckParameter is xc e there are literally hundreds of these that I've collected

A:BSOD only when idle

You have old drivers from as far back as 2004 and they are contributing.
These crashes were caused by memory corruption/exception (c0000005) probably a driver.
Please run these two tests to verify your memory and find which driver is causing the problem.

* If you are overclocking anything reset to default before running these tests.
In other words STOP!!!

* If you have raid update its Driver.

Memtest.

Quote:

*Boot from the CD, and leave it running for at least 5 or 6 passes.

Any errors are indicative of a memory problem.

If a known good stick fails in a motherboard slot it is probably the slot.

Driver verifier

Quote:
Using Driver Verifier is an iffy proposition. Most times it'll crash and it'll tell you what the driver is. But sometimes it'll crash and won't tell you the driver. Other times it'll crash before you can log in to Windows. If you can't get to Safe Mode, then you'll have to resort to offline editing of the registry to disable Driver Verifier.

So, I'd suggest that you first backup your stuff and then make sure you've got access to another computer so you can contact us if problems arise. Then make a System Restore point (so you can restore the system using the Vista/Win7 Startup Repair feature).

- Select everything EXCEPT FOR "Special Pool", "Force Pending I/O Requests" and "Low Resource Simulation" and click "Next"

Reboot the system and wait for it to crash to the Blue Screen.
Continue to use your system normally, and if you know what causes the crash, do that repeatedly.
The objective here is to get the system to crash because Driver Verifier is stressing the drivers out.
If it doesn't crash for you, then let it run for at least 36 hours of continuous operation.

Reboot into Windows (after the crash) and turn off Driver Verifier by going back in and selecting "Delete existing settings" on the first page, then locate and zip up the memory dump file and upload it with your next post.

Old drivers needing updating.

Code:
mdmxsdk.sys 3/17/2004 3:04:10 PM
HSF_CNXT.sys 8/22/2005 7:06:09 PM
HSFHWAZL.sys 8/22/2005 7:06:13 PM
HSF_DPV.sys 8/22/2005 7:06:56 PM
CHDAud.sys 4/18/2006 2:29:04 PM
rixdptsk.sys 11/14/2006 9:35:19 PM
rimsptsk.sys 11/14/2006 11:42:45 PM
rimmptsk.sys 11/15/2006 4:16:23 AM
HpqKbFiltr.sys 6/18/2007 6:12:03 PM
SynTP.sys 9/14/2007 10:10:35 PM
e100b325.sys 11/16/2007 2:53:32 PM
hamachi.sys 2/19/2009 6:36:27 AM
netw5v32.sys 3/26/2009 12:10:37 PM
How To Find Drivers:

Quote:
- search Google for the name of the driver
- compare the Google results with what's installed on your system to figure out which device/program it belongs to
- visit the web site of the ... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/220256-bsod-only-when-idle.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Recently within the last month, started getting random crashing. First it wasn't BSOD, just a black screen, then computer would freeze completely...only way to restart was power button. Then even more recently it started turning to BSOD pointing to ntoskrnl.exe. So following the steps about posting my dmp file and perfmon file, i ran into another problem with permon. I get an error : "An error occured while attempting to generate the report. The system cannot find the path specified."

So I hope the dmp file will be enough or at least give a clue as to how I can generate a system health file.

Specs are as follows:

Windows 7 Professional (x86)
AMD Athlon x2 3.0ghz
4gb RAM
XFX Radeon HD 5670 512mb
Asus M4A88T-M Motherboard
System and OS are 8 months old.

A:BSOD : Often even when idle.

Hello Cosmomemory,

*If you are overclocking please STOP!

* I suggest you read through "Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try"

Quote:
A "stop 0x124" is fundamentally different to many other types of bluescreens because it stems from a hardware complaint. Stop 0x124 minidumps contain very little practical information, and it is therefore necessary to approach the problem as a case of hardware in an unknown state of distress.

* Then refer to "How to Test and Diagnose RAM Issues with Memtest86+"

Quote:
Download a copy of Memtest86 and burn the ISO to a CD using Iso Recorder or another ISO burning program. Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

Boot from the CD, and leave it running for at least 5 or 6 passes.

Test the sticks individually, and if you find a good one, test it in all slots

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/196423-bsod-often-even-when-idle.html