Windows Support Forum

multiple BSOD, almost always caused by ntoskrnl.exe+7cc40

Q: multiple BSOD, almost always caused by ntoskrnl.exe+7cc40

Hello I must admit I'm completely almost always BSOD, by multiple caused ntoskrnl.exe+7cc40 lost by now and need help The problem is I have this notebookl HP multiple BSOD, almost always caused by ntoskrnl.exe+7cc40 G -b SA Notebook PC Product Specifications HP G -b SA Notebook PC - HP Customer Care United States - English HP G -b SA and I'm getting random BSODs at completely random times Usually is happens after cold start I think I've tried everything hardware-related Memtest h test is ok hdd seems ok too SMART and HDtune machina was in servise center and they replaced mainboard But BSODs are still bumping up I'm running W Home Premium retail multiple BSOD, almost always caused by ntoskrnl.exe+7cc40 version hdd was wiped clean few moths ago so there are no HP quot goodies quot left From what I was able to find it seems like some sort of driver-memory related problem but right now I have no idea what to look for Also service center says in short quot hardware ok must be something in software you are using quot

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: multiple BSOD, almost always caused by ntoskrnl.exe+7cc40

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: multiple BSOD, almost always caused by ntoskrnl.exe+7cc40

I do not see any really questionable software. K-Lite could cause problems if it was corrupted; codec packages are somewhat worrisome when they get corrupted. Other than that, nothing out of the ordinary.

I did see an out of date driver: netr28x.sys which is your Ralink RT2860 series Wireless LAN Card (you may have a different manufacturer). Download the updated driver from the HP Support site, and use the following steps to re-install the update:

First, download the latest driver. Then do the next steps.
Click Start Menu
Right Click My Computer/Computer
Click Manage
Click Device Manager from the list on the left
Find the device you are trying to uninstall by expanding the appropriate set of devices
Right click the device
Click Uninstall (do not click OK in the dialog box that pops up after hitting Uninstall)
Put a tick in Delete driver software for this device (if this option is available, otherwise just hit OK) and hit OK
Restart your computer only if Windows asks you to.
Install the latest driver for the device.

Alternatively:Login as an adminstrative user.
First, download the latest driver. Then do the next steps.
Click Start Menu
Click Control Panel
Click Hardware and Sound
Click Device Manager (the last link under Devices and Printers)
Find the device you are trying to uninstall by expanding the appropriate set of devices
Right click the device
Click Uninstall (do not click OK in the dialog box that pops up after hitting Uninstall)
Put a tick in Delete driver software for this device (if this option is available, otherwise just hit OK) and hit OK
Restart your computer only if Windows asks you to.
Install the latest driver for the device.
Also, some of your crashes are indicating hard disk related problems. It may just be hard disk corruption, or maybe your hard disk was disconnected during transit.

The first thing to check is whether the hard disk is physically connected to the motherboard properly. To do so:Shut down and turn off the computer
Remove the AC Adapter
Remove the battery
Hold down the power button for 15-30 seconds to close the circuit and drain any residual power
Remove the panel on the underside of the laptop where the hard disk is housed
Remove and re-insert the hard disk by sliding it away from the connector and then gently but firmly pressing it back into the connector (no screws should need to be removed to do this step)
Replace the panel on the underside of the laptop to cover the hard disk
Replace the battery
Replace the AC Adapter
Turn on the computer and see how it responds
Post back once these steps have been implemented whether the system is stable. Sometimes these crashes can occur due to a loose connection.
Then run Disk Check with Automatically fix file system errors checked.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/236905-multiple-bsod-almost-always-caused-ntoskrnl-exe-7cc40.html
Relevancy 22.36%

I am purchasing a MSI GTX 960 Gaming 4G GPU, and I think it has capablilities for 4 monitors to be displayed as a single desktop. If this is true, what cables should I get, and any ideas for decent cheap monitors? My plan is to have three monitors side by side as a single entity, and a fourth on the side as a reference screen (I would prefer this one to be rather small, like 6-8 inch)

A:Multiple Monitors?

You should count a number of output ports in your system first. Found a good guide on this topic: http://www.techradar.com/news/compu...e-complete-guide-to-multiple-monitors-1074313

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/multiple-monitors.214718/
Relevancy 21.5%

How can I setup multiple monitor in Eyefinity?

My Card is Sapphire Dual-X R9 270x 2GB http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...DUAL-X_R9_270X_2GB-_-9SIA2RY1DG6402-_-Product I Have 2
Connections are I have 2 Monitors connected on 1 Card then 1 Monitor for the other
All of it are in DVI
Problem is in Eyefinity I don't know how to setup for it to be only one whole desktop

A:Setting Up Multiple Monitor with 2 Graphics Card in Eyefinity

I would check this thread out: http://goo.gl/4z2Azv

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/setting-up-multiple-monitor-with-2-graphics-card-in-eyefinity.202756/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hi,
I am creating a small demo software wherein 4 simple mono-audio speakers need to be connected to my laptop, the main program, written in Java will play audio from one of the speakers depending on the input cue.

How do I go about achieving this? Any tips, hints most appreciated.

TIA!

A:Connecting multiple speakers to my laptop and controlling them individually

First, the laptop audio is not a home sound system and can be easily overloaded with what you are attempting - - don't drive this at high output volumes!

this will show the wiring to get all 4 with output at the same time.

The speakers in parallel like this create a load 4x heavier than just one speaker.
Get 8ohm speakers like these http://www.radioshack.com/8-ohm-mini-speaker/2730092.html
which will reduce the load to only 2x.

The red circles are individual volume controls. Place a toggle switch between the controls and the speakers and you can play 1, 1+2, 1+2+3 or all four.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connecting-multiple-speakers-to-my-laptop-and-controlling-them-individually.207277/
Relevancy 29.24%

Recently sound has not been coming through my speakers, so I tried to plug in headphones and headset but no further luck. I then went into control panel then sound and check the settings on my playback and nothing was touched or muted etc. I then went to the Speakers and Headphones in sound right clicked and pressed test and it said "The device is being used by another application. Please close any devices that are playing through this device." but no other applications that I could find that would be using it. My prediction is that having no internet protection for a while and downloading off the internet has caused a virus to cause my audio to become mute, if this is so how would I be able to find this application causing it. AVG isnt picking it up.

A:No sound caused by a Virus/Program?

Broni, from the Virus and Malware Removal forum doesn't think it is malware related.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-sound-caused-by-a-virus-program.203961/
Relevancy 21.5%

So... like most of world my family lives online. Having found that ISP pricing in Alaska is horrendously expensive, I want to find a solution that I can create 4 SSIDs, one for each of my three kids (ages 12, 14, &16) and one for me and my wife, and place a data cap on each SSID so that I can't be hit up with the bills that come with overages. I figure with individual SSIDs they can use what ever device they have with out having to detirmine MAC addresses or IPs used or any of that other stuff.

I would like to have just one router be able to accomplish this. I have an older router, an Apple Time Capsule I bought about 6 years ago, but as I don't use Macintosh computers any more, I would be happy to buy a new router and get it set up to manage this dilema.

Any Advice or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/router-and-networking-multiple-ssids-and-data-cap-per-ssid.200229/
Relevancy 30.53%

Our ISP recently updated their hard ware to work with the Sprint network Note our ISP is not Sprint but the local phone company Our Hardware Internet DSL highest speed available Modem Comtrend ISP provides Router Belkin N Computer yr old Dell running XP - service pac - wired connection Kindle Fire first edition no HD etc - wireless connection Xbox - wireless connection Issues Xbox - went from constantly bumped from Xbox Live game by losing internet connection to not being able to enter a game at all Kindle - went from occasional quot network error message during online tasks to having to restart download multiple times or refresh page for most any or all online tasks Computer - have to click refresh to get most any page to load after the home page What we ve tried so far I have recently cleared the cache on both the computer and Kindle XBox s new security measures have been met My questions Do any or all multiple issues devices Multiple over of these issues seem to be related Is there a piece of equipment or something we may be missing to make all of these things work I am a networking novice Who should I call to get these issues corrected my ISP or a tech service Note if I start with the ISP and they do not find an issue I have to pay for the call nbsp

A:Multiple issues over multiple devices

First. You should try to NOT use a wireless connection for any type of gaming: PC, Mac, Console, etc. If you can hard wire the xbox you'll be waaay better off than using wireless.

Now... Yes, the issues could be related - there maybe an issue with the Belkin N router. I'd try to first reset the Belkin router to default settings, check on manufacturer website for instructions how, most routers you can press a "reset" button w/ a paperclip or ball point pen. Reconfigure the Belkin router, recreate the wireless network and see how everything works. If you are still having issues, humor me and connect the Dell directly to the DSL modem, bypassing Belkin router. See if you still have connection issues, if you do then it could be the DSL modem that is the problem and call your ISP to replace. If you don't have same issues then it's most likely an issue with the Belkin router. Replace it. Don't buy the dirt cheapest router at the store, but you most likely don't need the most expensive one either. Find a good middle ground router, ask sales associate to assist you accordingly.

Post back, Hope this helps!!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/multiple-issues-over-multiple-devices.198798/
Relevancy 21.5%

So, I recently bought an Asus UX31a running windows 8(in may) and it was working perfectly until a couple months ago. The only browser that works is internet explorer, which is disgusting (I miss Google Chrome) and several programs such as Adobe reader, Google drive, steam and visual studio either lag for about 5 mins each whenever I want to use them (or click something in them), or I have to close them with the task manager because they aren't responding...(This includes when I want to open pdf documents in internet explorer.

I've run several virus checks with ESET smart security which hasn't ever found any viruses...

It would be a great help if anybody could help me find what the problem is.

A:Multiple programs are stopping to work, also, I don't appear to have had or ever have a virus.

Try using a new Windows Restore point. This may not work because of "it was working perfectly until a couple months ago"... It is most likely caused from a stubborn malware infection other than a virus

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/multiple-programs-are-stopping-to-work-also-i-dont-appear-to-have-had-or-ever-have-a-virus.196063/
Relevancy 22.36%

I have a asus rampage extreme II i7 cpu stock fan.The Antec case has a huge 200 mil top fan a standard exhaust fan and two front fans all have speed controls except cpu fan,if I adjust any fans speed above low it shuts off the cpu fan if I adjust any fan to hi the cpu fan shuts off.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/multiple-fan-speeds.193982/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hey multiple Black screen with video playback guys I have been trying to figure out this problem but with no avail so any advice is greaty appreciated Basically the problem occurs when running any type of Black screen with multiple video playback game wow and ffxi to name a few but occurs with everyone and then tab out to wither youtube fraps and the like the screen goes totally black and I must restart the computer Ive wiped the HD several times and have redone even to the most basic setup and it still occurs Specs are as follows Motherboard Asus maximus v extreme Intel i k gb Corsair Vengeance gb SSD w PSU x ASUS Radeon HD gb Ive made sure all drivers are up to date I have run memtest on both sticks of ram and they seem to pass with no errors when only video card is plugged in Black screen with multiple video playback I have no problems it seems to have something to do when they are crossfired I ve tried different bridges and still same result nbsp

A:Black screen with multiple video playback

Sounds like we have the same thing going on. Does your screen have any windows poop up? mine does.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/black-screen-with-multiple-video-playback.192857/
Relevancy 28.81%

So I ve crashes caused Hard by motherboard? drive recently built a computer everything was working fine but after a month or so Hard drive crashes caused by motherboard? it started freezing randomly only fixed by restart Then on boot some hard drives would say they have bad sectors and Hard drive crashes caused by motherboard? failed SMART After a few weeks eventually the entire system crashed and would not boot on any of my drives I managed to get it boot on a CD and reformatted the SSD drive that the operating system was on I replaced the supposedly failing drives and things were looking good But it wasn t more then a week or two when it started freezing randomly again sometimes in the middle of activities sometimes when it was just left on And again saying the now brand new drive was failing though from everything I can tell it is not when I run disk checks from booting from a boot CD I m not expert so I have really am at a loss as to what to check I can t afford to keep replacing my hard drives and like I said it doesn t even seem to be actually true if I disconnect then reconnect the drive it seems to come up fine My suspicion is that either the SSD drive that the OS is on is causing the trouble or else its my motherboard Honestly I have no proof of either but I am pretty much out of my depth here Here is the general specs on my system Mother board ASUS P Z -V LK LGA Intel Z HDMI SATA Gb s USB ATX Intel Motherboard with UEFI BIOS CPU Intel Core i - Sandy Bridge GHz GHz Turbo Boost LGA W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics RAM CORSAIR Vengeance GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR Desktop Memory Model CMZ GX M X C SSD OCZ Vertex VTX - SAT - G quot GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive SSD Video Card EVGA GeForce GS GB DDR PCI Express DVI HDMI VGA l have severaI other hard drives internal and external attached most of them don t seem to have any trouble the one that consistently fails is always label E even when I change the physical drive out not sure if that means anything or not Any help would be much appreciated not sure where to even start honestly Let me know if I need to make anything more clearly Lucas nbsp

A:Hard drive crashes caused by motherboard?

they have bad sectors and failed SMART.Click to expand...

S.M.A.R.T. is enabled in the HD firmware. Failures at that level are purely hardware related. Such failures create bad sectors.

Q.E.D.:- the drive is just cr*p.

IMO, the motherboard could never create a HD failure - - while software can do so as well as bad user procedures
(eg sharing r/w a folded and two or more users opening the same file at the same time).
Bad disk drivers would easily be a contributor too.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hard-drive-crashes-caused-by-motherboard.191721/
Relevancy 21.93%

See the description in full on the Cisco.com/security site

A:Multiple vulnerabilities in Cisco ASA software

I read about this yesterday. This is a big exploit and needs to be fixed. Too bad there are too many newbies that wont know how to update the firmware or arent even aware of this issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/multiple-vulnerabilities-in-cisco-asa-software.191502/
Relevancy 21.93%

Guys I ask this just out of curiosity what is the pros and cons of more than one monitors.Does they have any uses than gaming?thanks

A:Pros and cons of multiple displays

Yes. I have a two monitor set up, (with an "extended desktop")
One I have in portrait, the other in landscape.
These are primarily for desktop publishing purposes.
Sometimes I want to view my work one way, sometimes the other.

I had always wondered how anyone would like it for gaming.
Seems to me the movement between screens, and breaks in field of vision could be issues.
But, I am not a gamer, so what would I know.

Cons? for me?
Holding my neck / head in one position for extended periods ,
other than a centered/neutral position,
can result in some neck pain.
Solution is to compensate by how I position myself,
and using the dual monitor stand's full ability to tilt, swivel etc.
Younger persons may not notice the issue as much.

I cannot imagine how I would use a set up with more than two monitors though.

This stand has been excellent for my purposes.
They also make a four monitor (2x2) version,
and I have seen stands where you can mount 3 monitors side by side.

By the way this set up is used alternately with..
a) Dell Vostro 3550 Laptop (has an i3 processor, and both HDMI and VGA out)
b) On board graphics with a Gigabye GA-Z77X-UD5H (has two HDMI, plus DVI, plus VGA)
So, no fancy graphics card setups here!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pros-and-cons-of-multiple-displays.190800/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hello I am currently working as the IT for this clinic and other clinics as well We are all networked in together despite being miles apart from one another We currently have an older computer running XP as a file server so certain files can be accessed and updated from any of these clinics The problem is that there can only be users accessing it at once We have grown just offices Multiple in the short time I have been here This computer was setup before I was hired on We are now in need another computer to give us the same functions Most of our computers now are on Windows bit There are still plenty Xp computers Multiple offices as well I am wondering how to get a Windows computer to host files in the same way I Multiple offices can get it to where this entire building can access this public folder but none of the other clinics can Are ip setup is like this x--- x The second to last digit represents the office There will be offices in Multiple offices all that will need access Any ideas how to make it so all offices can reach this folder P S I can dig up an Xp computer if it will be easier nbsp

A:Multiple offices

You are still going to be limited on the number of simultaneous connections... I would personally put a linux smb server in place of that current file server if someone has the skill to set one up and manage it (hint: you).

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...indows-7/f8cf24db-b640-4916-8f06-d2be52edaf91

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/multiple-offices.188996/
Relevancy 22.36%

Morning all The audio jack on my tablet has stopped working which doesn t bother me too much because I ve got some bluetooth headphones which I use to listen to my music on there However I ve got a huge flight coming up soon with my partner and there s loads of TV shows I have on it that we d ideally want to watch and listen to together If only my audio Multiple headphones bluetooth out worked I could just put a headphone splitter into it But I Multiple bluetooth headphones m trying to investigate whether you can get a bluetooth receiver like this http www amazon co uk JUSTOP-BTR -Bluetooth-Wireless-Universal dp B NDDEVQ So that receiver will pick up the audio then pass the audio into something like this http www amazon co uk Belkin-BKF s electronics amp ie UTF amp qid amp sr - Which I can then plug two sets of headphones into and bingo we can both watch and listen to the same thing on my tablet on the plane Would that work Or have I created a ludicrously complicated way of achieving this when a much simpler multi-bluetooth audio out system exists In a nutshell my question is this What s the easiest way get audio to two sets of headphones from one tablet if the audio out plug doesn t work nbsp

A:Multiple bluetooth headphones

I dont think your bluetooth audio adapter is able to drive 2 headphones at reasonable volume level. unless, you get a small headphone amplifier. but then you'll have 3 devices connected and I think it's not worth the hassle. the amplifier itself is cheap, look for something like fiio e3. I have it and it should cost less than 10 bucks.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/FiiO-E3-Hea...1?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1353073889&sr=1-1

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Belkin-3-5m...2?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1353073843&sr=1-2

a single alkaline AAA battery could last for about 10h on my heavy usage. but im not sure if the bluetooth adapter could do the same.

bluetooth adapter -> fiio e3 -> 2way splitter

actually this way, it wouldnt be too much of a hassle. the 3.5mm jack of the bluetooth can be plugged directly into the fiio e3 as well as the 2way splitter.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/multiple-bluetooth-headphones.187262/
Relevancy 22.36%

If my video card has 1 HDMI port and another port (Not sure which one, DVI or VGA) am I able to hookup two monitors using each of those ports? Or must I have both monitors be connected through HDMI or VGA/DVI?

A:Multiple monitor question

What video card is it? If it's got 2 outputs then it should mean you can just plug one monitor into each.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/multiple-monitor-question.184478/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hi folks I m new here and not greatly technically minded My Acer Aspire Z laptop has been acting strange for a few days running Windows btw Some of the issues are even happening right now ie as I type the cursor will sometimes restart a new line as if I ve pressed the Return button Acer apps is Laptop and and more opens multiple corrupted This is esp bad in emails and Facebook and often the cursor flies down miles Acer Laptop is corrupted and opens multiple apps and more making it a pain to get back to where I was That s not all though There s a horrible beeping noise when I start up the laptop first thing It goes after I press one of the F buttons The worst though is when I try to open up some app on my desktop and sometimes the laptop goes crazy and opens up multiple other apps software There have been instances where there are dozens of the same pages opening I have McAfee Internet Security and have run Malwarebytes and Spybot but problem is still there Is this a hardware problem do Acer Laptop is corrupted and opens multiple apps and more you think I m not great at techie Acer Laptop is corrupted and opens multiple apps and more speak so please go easy with me but I d be grateful for any advice Cheers David nbsp

A:Acer Laptop is corrupted and opens multiple apps and more

UNless someone else has a better idea, how old is this computer & is it still under warranty? If so, I'd get a hold of the where you bought it & get it checked out. IF you don't & have "other" work done on it, it could VOID the warranty.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/acer-laptop-is-corrupted-and-opens-multiple-apps-and-more.183988/
Relevancy 22.36%

I m just dipping a toe into multi-monitor use and have some questions I using monitors time multiple First have a inch and a inch monitor at the moment have another and to use if need be later I have a ATI card I have both monitors plugged into the video card I ve noticed when I extend the desktop to both screens I have some quot flickering quot on the second inch monitor Almost like its trying to adjust itself to something automatically It only flickers when I scroll the mouse wheel up and down First time using multiple monitors a page or move a window around etc Seems to happen when one screen has a browser at full screen and something might be leaking over to the other screen not sure if I can explain it better than that When I create an eyefinity group even though the monitors are different I see no flickering at all all is well Just wondering if this is some setting on the smaller monitor I need to look into Its a Dell FPV ALSO I am assuming this videocard with two monitors on it may take a performance hit if I use it while gaming For example have the inch be the gamer monitor and have the inch showing the desktop with a browser window or teamspeak on it Also I m looking through my parts here and I have some older video cards I may look into adding one just for the second monitor on the desktop Thoughts nbsp

A:First time using multiple monitors

im no expert but it could be your refresh rate on the second monitor is different from the first so that could be it,

1.go to control panel under appearance and personalization click adjust screen resolution

2.click the monitor you want to change

3.click advanced setting and monitor tab and change the refresh rate

and your gaming fps should not go down through the multi display set up unless your doing something graphic/cpu demanding task

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/first-time-using-multiple-monitors.183934/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hello all I multiple monitors for a card video new Purchasing ve been interested in upgrading my work station also gaming station Purchasing a new video card for multiple monitors by investing in multiple monitors I m not looking for more than monitors but I would like to have at least monitors I currently have a monitor that I have plugged into a graphics card that hasn t let me down yet Its connection to the monitor is DVI but I d like all new monitors to use HDMI cables My computer from Dell is an XPS I believe Core i GHz GB RAM Win -bit ATI Radeon HD Money is only part of an issue -- I m open to suggestions on higher-end and lower-end products My questions for you all are What kind of graphics card should I be looking for and should I look into a card that can support multiple monitors and should I use my old one Will there be any conflicts I will need to be aware of while proceeding through this process What would you all recommend for monitor setup What is the best setup for gaming with clear smooth screens Do I need to upgrade any other hardware parts to make this all work together Thank you all in advance A nbsp

A:Purchasing a new video card for multiple monitors

The Radeon 5700 series should support up to 5 monitors. I have not personally used a multi monitor setup for gaming however from what I hear a lot games either arent designed for multimonitor setups or they dont work very well. However, there are some games that are really nice with a multi monitor setup. So you should probably ask yourself what games you are going to be playing and see if those work well with a multi monitor setup. Also, Multi monitor setups require a large display resolution so your videocard will be working overtime. I dont think a 5700 series card will have the oomph to really makes games run smoothly at larger resolutions. So, I dont know what your budget is but I would guess you may have to upgrade your card to something more recent, say a 7800 or 7900 series. I cant comment on Nvidia cards as I am not as familiar with them.
As far as compatibility goes you may need a display port adapter for the third monitor. These are relatively cheap. Also at 525 Watts your power supply barely meets the system requirements for a new card so depending on what else is pulling power in your system you may or may not need a new power supply.

Maybe someone else can chime in with some Nvidia options.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/purchasing-a-new-video-card-for-multiple-monitors.183516/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hello, Long time no speak Paladins.

I'm considering on getting a new UPS for my PCs, specifically the CyberPower CP1350AVRL, either locally or newegg. I'd be running two computers on this unit and for those who uses CyberPower's UPSs, is there a way to manage two computers with it, considering it has both a USB and serial port?

Assuming it does not, Anyone have any ideas how I could emulate this, or have the PC with the datalink to the UPS shutdown the other? Perhaps using an event to invoke the shutdown command to close a remote computer would be the most raw way of doing it, but I'd love to know if there is a more elegant way.

A:Hibernate multiple computers with UPS?

I don't believe there is a "built in" remote function but the script works.
http://www.windowsnetworking.com/kb...owToEnableHibernationOnMultipleComputers.html

There is also EMCO Remote Shutdown.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hibernate-multiple-computers-with-ups.179282/
Relevancy 22.36%

Perhaps this is more suited for the Windows sub-forum, but I'll try here first.

I have a laptop connected to two different networks (both with internet), one via wifi and one via an ethernet cable. Is it possible in Windows to dictate which network any particular application will use?

For example, I would prefer it if Outlook pulled from one network while my browsers from another.

Thanks for any advice!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-on-multiple-networks.178812/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hello, this is my first post in a forum ever, haha. So I currently am using OCZ DDR2 PC2_6400 2x2GB of RAM that runs at 2.1Volts according to OCZ's website. And without knowing, I purchased Crucial DDR2 PC2_6400 2x2GB RAM that runs at 1.8Volts according to Crucial's Website. I want to upgrade my computer to have 8GB of RAM but when I added the Crucial RAM, my computer blue screened and now I have to run a system recovery to fix the corrupt sectors. I think the blue screen may be related to the difference in voltage because everything else is the same (minus the manufacturer). Should I set my motherboard to run at a specific voltage? If so, which voltage should I use? I have MSI P6N SLI Platinum mobo.

Thanks!
Brent

A:What voltage should I use for multiple RAM?

Update to the Multiple Ram Question

Last night after I ran the system recovery to repair the bad sectors. I booted up with the original configuration of OCZ 2x2GB of RAM there were no issues. I shut down, installed the additional 2x2GB of RAM. Went into BIOS and set Voltage to 1.8 and booted up. It booted up without a problem this time. I'm OK for now, but I don't know if 1.8 is a bad voltage to run at for the OCZ RAM since it's specs are for 2.1 Volts.

-Brent

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-voltage-should-i-use-for-multiple-ram.178242/
Relevancy 22.36%

ok well this is going to sound crazy but here we go i have a ubee cable modem router model number u10c037 out of that i'm going to two linksys wrt54g's to split to all the rooms in my house then in two of the rooms i have linksys befsr41's and finaly in one room i have a net gear wgr614v10 now it works sorta but i keep having to reset them every now and again right now i'm useing all of the down stream routers as switches what i'm asking is why do i have to keep resetting the system and what can i do to keep it from happening if anyone can help me in great detail i would be very happy i think its an ip address problem but not sure

A:Multiple routers 6

Starting from the modem;
isp = = modem --->(WAN port)ROUTER#1​then to have ALL systems on one network, daisy chain from R#1 to the next but
ONLY connect (LAN)-->(LAN) between all the others. Router#1 will now control
al DHCP assignments - - even for any WiFi router in the chain.

This requires that ONLY R#1 have an active DHCP, so each of the others need
to be set to disable DHCP.

1) One-by-one, connect Router#x via wire to a system, use your browser to access the
router default address, login using the user/password for that router, and DISABLE DHCP.

2) Many routers come preconfigured for lan address 192.168.x.1 where x is 0,1, or 2

Every network can never have duplicate IP address and if allowed, will case network failures.

As you disable the DHCP, also set a new default LAN address 10.0.x.1
where X is 1,2,3,... N and use a new X for each one you've fixed.
Thus, if ever they are wired R1(lan)--(wan)R2---(wan)R3---(wan)R4)
the addresses would be 10.0.1.1-->10.0.2.1-->10.0.3.1-->10.0.4.1
(but you don't want that for routing table reasons)

3) also change the default password for each router.
If your system login password is abcdefg,
you might set the primary router#1 password to abcdefg#1
router#2 to abcdefg#2 and so on.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/multiple-routers-6.177545/
Relevancy 21.5%

I am interested in starting an online live interactive multiple my I live streaming do run computer? on How for cameras cooking lesson series I want to stream the lessons for - people using a video conferencing program goto meeting VeaMea Cisco Webex not sure which one yet through our laptop I want to have two or three cameras running through my laptop that i can toggle through One would be a wide shot of me and How do I run multiple cameras for live streaming on my computer? the kitchen Another would be a close up of the cutting board to demonstrate cutting techniques and one camera mounted above the stove for when i am cooking I want to be able to change cameras with a click of the mouse during the lesson and then be able to change back Can I hook up or cameras to How do I run multiple cameras for live streaming on my computer? my laptop Intel core i - m with gig ddr and accomplish what i want to do or is there no way in heck that this little laptop is powerful enough I am currently looking at high quality usb HD webcams Any help or guidance would be very much appreciated If this is not the best forum and you know a better one please advise Thanks Willy nbsp

A:How do I run multiple cameras for live streaming on my computer?

Seems nobody has an answer to this question. Can anyone point me in the right direction to get an answer? Anyone, please?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-i-run-multiple-cameras-for-live-streaming-on-my-computer.176797/
Relevancy 21.5%

Micro-Star Int: 880GM-E43 (MS-7596) motherboard
AMD Athlon IIx4 chipset
Current graphics card: ATI Radeon HD4250 (yea, I know)

I want to upgrade the graphics card for multiple monitors (2 min - 3 max). I'm no longer an avid gamer, but want the option as well as multiple monitors.

Dual 23" LCD's

Thanks for the help.

A:Need to upgrade graphics card for multiple monitors

Go for an Nvidia 560TI or a 570, they will both clock down when you disable your second monitor Mugemon is a great utility for this. 560TI = 200, 570 = 275

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-to-upgrade-graphics-card-for-multiple-monitors.174561/
Relevancy 21.5%

Situation A custom built hand-me-down PC albeit a good few years old now comprising of One getting multiple Problems using one OS's on whilst PC Internet access IDE Drive one partition with Windows XP Home - original installation One SATA Drive four partitions with Windows Vista Home Edition and XP Pro the other two partitions are currently spare - new OS installations Nvidia NF -S V Motherboard - BIOS now up-to-date with all relevant drivers -Wire BT Broadband Problems getting Internet access whilst using multiple OS's on one PC Business Hub Problem bearing in mind I have little knowledge of using multiple volumes and or Networking do s and don t s etc etc - hence the post XP Home on IDE drive will connect to the internet as it always has done via the Ethernet Cable connected to the Router but it does not recognise the Gateways USB cable option yellow exclamation mark in Device Manager - and it won t can t install a driver from any location - Router Installation CD Windows systems Windows up-date etc XP Pro on one of the new partitions on the SATA drive will connect to the internet but ONLY via the USB cable when connected to the Router - it s the opposite to the above problem when booting from that partition i e it does not recognise the Gateways Ethernet connection this time it s a yellow exclamation mark against the Ethernet Controller AND the SM Bus Controller - again neither will find install a driver from any location Vista on the other SATA drive partition works perfectly regardless of how it s connected to the same router i e USB cable or Ethernet - there are no yellow exclamation marks in Device Manager and all hardware and associated drivers are fine and detailed correctly Is it simply an XP thing when using multiple volumes and or partitions with the same router as the problem obviously isn t present when booting from the Vista installation or do I need to set certain parameters somewhere for all OS s to independently recognise all assocaited drivers regardless of connection type It s not a major problem as I can access the intenet regardless of which OS I use but it s a little annoying knowing that I have to use one connection method over another if I boot an XP installation Thanks in advance for any feedback or walk through tips that might help Oh and by the way as strange as it probably sounds yes I would like to have XP Home XP Professional and Vista Home Premium all on the same PC nbsp

A:Problems getting Internet access whilst using multiple OS's on one PC

Virtual Madness said:

Oh, and by the way, as strange as it probably sounds, yes, I would like to have XP Home, XP Professional and Vista Home Premium all on the same PC.Click to expand...

You could just use virtual machines for the other two operating systems -- assuming the hardware can handle the load of a VM (it should if you have Vista running) and you don't need to leverage massive resources for 3D or gaming on the VMs.

Your just tripling the complexities by running 3 host OS' in my honest opinion. While I agree they should all work, you'd only need to tackle one OS if you ran the rest as guests.

Out of idle curiosity why do you need separate XP home and professional versions, as well as Vista anyway?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problems-getting-internet-access-whilst-using-multiple-oss-on-one-pc.174144/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi . I have an annoying problem that drives me insane. First of all I am running Windows 7 x32, just to get that out of the way. Second, a lot of public networks keep appearing in my "Network and Sharing Center", and I have no idea why. I have tried to disable the LAN connection and delete the networks one by one, but after I reactivate the LAN Connection they appear again.
I have never encountered this problem, so I really have no resolve for it. You might say that it's not that annoying, but after some time....trust me...it get's on your nerves if you are curious like me to know how to resolve this issue :haha:

Have a nice day,
ShiDomY

A:Multiple networks appearing out of nowhere

get a command prompt (start->run->cmd) and enter IPCONFIG /ALL >MyTCP.txt

The file MyTCP.txt will then contain all the details of your connections.
If you paste the contents of that file into your followup, we can discuss with more clarity.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/multiple-networks-appearing-out-of-nowhere.172614/
Relevancy 22.36%

my HP Pavilion dv is having a start up problem such that the system when trying to start up and power light shows after some seconds say - it tries restarting again and again like a cycle within those seconds range During this time the screen shows nothing black After doing this for like - times it now comes up my Multiple problems in help! please laptop, starting to desktop This is quite embarrasing please I need some help and idea on what to do It sound siezed one day and shows a red x over the speaker icon on the taskbar Multiple problems in my laptop, please help! The Sound Controllers has dissapeared from Device Manager making the system behaves as if there is no Sound Card Hardware attached to the board I ve tried downloading Microsoft UAA to bring out the hardware from board but all the ones I found on internet was for Realtek but mine uses Conexant Audio Device The system runs on Windows -bit OS AMD Turion tm X mobile technology TL- GHz processor How can a screen and flex problem be differentiated since both have similar symptoms Any help to the above problems would be highly appreciated Thanks nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/multiple-problems-in-my-laptop-please-help.171873/
Relevancy 28.81%

I have asus asn-sli motherboard, with amd athlon 64 x 2 dual core processor, 2 gb of ram, 2 sata hd, 1 cd/dvd drive and 1 external h/d (but problems started before adding this drive). Running win xp sp3.

PC boots and bios does not detect any drives and message tells disk boot failure and to in insert system disk. Sometimes it will start ok and run for days/weeks, other times will start and then re-boot after a while with same message on start up. It has not detected the cd drive for ages although it still opens, even windows doesn't detect the drive. Have changed batttery on m/b.

I have cleaned inside and all fans are working and one side panel is always off, so plenty of air flow. Have to turn off at mains, wait for hours, then re-start, sometimes successful, sometimes not.

Could it be m/b, bios or even power supply?
Thanks
Peter

A:Problem caused possibly by BIOS or motherboard

Disconnect the CD/DVD drive entirely and see if the hard drive are detected normally. Is the CD/DVD drive SATA too?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-caused-possibly-by-bios-or-motherboard.163838/
Relevancy 14.62%

Hello guys......I need your help....I have sony vaio vgn-fs515b and after installing windows 7 i was updating its bios......!!!!

Everything was working fine but in between a blue screen came. It said that your system is shutting down due to some problem and at the end it said:

"Dumping physical memory".

When i restarted my laptop all the light were on but nothing came on screen. I don't know what to do.......Please help me........!!!!

I know this happened because of incomplete upgradation of bios but what should i do not?

A:Sony Vaio VGN-FS515b doesn't start after BSOD

The motherboards bios is corrupt. You may be able to correct this if you can pull the CMOS battery and reconnect it. Otherwise the motherboard will have to be replaced

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sony-vaio-vgn-fs515b-doesnt-start-after-bsod.162562/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hello I have what I consider a very basic understanding of networking I work for an IT solutions provider and a restaurant chain which we support needs to fix a PCI compliance issue The network at the location was put in place a year ago with little documentation My goal is to move a DVR device for CCTV system away from the PoS machine because the DVR requires a port open which is not good for PCI compliance if both are behind same router I apologize for ignorance or lack of any details you might need to help me if there s some info I need to dig up I d be happy + to How modem routers multiple use bridged to find it I m in a rough spot trying to fix this This is how they are set up They How to use bridged modem + multiple routers have a bridged modem which is the first thing that the DSL line comes into My impression is that the proper way to use multiple routers with a bridged modem is to have a quot main router quot which will be the director if you will All the other routers should then plug into that main router as opposed to having multiple routers plugged into a bridged modem I ve confirmed that for whatever reason TWO Linksys Firewall Routers are plugged into this bridged modem which is a Netopia Again I apologize but I don t have the model numbers This brings me to my first couple of questions If two routers are plugged into the same bridged modem how would they behave Wouldn t they be fighting for control to be the quot main router quot Is it possible to set up two routers to connect to the same modem if some advanced configuration is made I actually would like to AVOID using a main router with the other routers connected to that if possible One of the routers has desktop PC and a Point of Sale system connected to it Router A if you will the other has some IP phones connected to it Router B Router B always times out when I try to access the console and I ve been told that in order to fix that I need to reset the router The problem is I can t afford to lose all those settings because I don t know how the company who installed IP phones configured that one The reason I mention this is to further stress that I don t want to have to reconfigure the existing routers However even though it times out when I try to access console it will assign me an IP properly I don t know what that really means I made sure to double check the gateway IP for that router is correctly typed into web browser At the moment the routers seem to be somehow working fine even though they are both plugged into a single bridged modem What I would like to do is add a third router that will only have the DVR device plugged into it My guess is that since Router B does have connectivity it gives me an IP and I can connect to internet when plugged into it I should set up this third router Router C plugged into router B and go ahead to configure Router C however is necessary for the DVR to function correct Give Router C a different gateway than the others forward the port that the DVR needs etc Is this a viable solution Some of my concern is that I m getting mixed messages from AT amp T technicians I have talked to Supposedly when there are routers connected to a bridge at least one of them need to have the PPPoE Username Password johndoe att net entered on it In a situation like this does router A and B BOTH need to have PPPoE user pass entered What about Router C Since router C is plugged into router B does that eliminate the need to enter PPPoE info Is it possible to only use the routers in static mode as opposed to PPPoE with user pass For example I just enter the primary and secondary DNS which the ISP uses give all the devices a WAN IP using the block of fixed IPs the ISP gives us Will that eliminate the need to use PPPoE mode with user pass And finally my last question would be In getting this DVR set up on Router C should I just go ahead to connect it to Router B and try using Router C in static mode with all the right numbers or go ahead to use the... Read more

A:How to use bridged modem + multiple routers

One thing I noticed from reading your post was that the problem you are trying to solve (not having the port opened to the DVR on the same network as the PoS) would not be solved by placing router C behind router B. You would still have to open the port on router B to allow it to pass to router C. Wouldn't this be the same as opening the port in router B to allow it to pass to the DVR (if the DVR was connected to router B)?

As far as the issues with AT&T, you can only program the IP addresses that they assign to you in the routers. They should be able to tell you how many IP addresses are assigned to your customer. If you have a router behind another router, only the one connected to the modem would have an IP address from the ISP.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-use-bridged-modem-multiple-routers.161057/
Relevancy 22.36%

I m not even sure where to start Well Gabriel the ArchAngel runs XP professional SP and is comprised of a month old CPU Motherboard PSU and primary HDD The RAM DVD-RW k dial-up modem secondary HHD monitor PS mouse and tower are from KITT and are months old The PS keyboard is years old as I prefer the USA layout over ABNT-II The parts are new because even though KITT was only month old I had the CPU PSU and motherboard fail I think they had failed so young because of my house power and I had not cleaned the Multiple problems intermittent computer during the month warranty as you have to break the warranty seal to clean inside and a few days before it died I had cleaned it - Multiple intermittent problems it was filthy - and forgot the thermal paste Multiple intermittent problems My original power stabilizer had had the grounding prong removed to fit in the wall socket house is Multiple intermittent problems not grounded electrically So when I bought the new parts I upgraded the stabilizer to a electronic line protector that is specifically made for houses that aren t grounded I also upgraded the HDD to replace two IDE drives that were and years old and I had heard noises once in a while for a month which I though was one of them failing but in hind sight may have been the CPU or PSU fan making noise I DO leave the computer on all night to download via my slow k dial-up modem and rarely reboot Usually that only happens when the power goes out once a month or twice a week depending on the time of year Now after just months I m getting some weird things happening After the first power outage - less then two weeks after I got the thing running - it wouldn t output to monitor I had feared I had lost the monitor as well but a third attempt the monitor worked but the HDD s wouldn t register in POST Waited more then minutes and it booted fine Tech said the PSU may have humidity problems and is common here which makes sense since I live meters from the beach and Clark Kent my original US bought Compaq had similar problems for years before he died though he took his second monitor with him Then the next power outage happened and after boot it would go from grey classic view my setting to the blue XP style I didn t make much of it since I thought my settings may not have been saved though the start menu classic setting remained This happens out of three times the power goes The dial-up modem has been lost three times I had to remove the card boot remove the driver boot shutdown cool down replace the card boot then reinstall the driver to get it back At one point I noticed the secondary HHD was having problems It would revert to PIO At one point the mft was corrupted both and I used testdisk to recover the files and reformatted Suspecting that it is failing was damaged when KITT bought the farm I have since used it for minimal storage and have not used it like normal I will copy the video file to the main drive to watch it instead of access the file directly from the HDD for the entire hour or so I noticed a couple lock ups but a reboot fixed them There was also some freaky stuff going with the front audio output I get quot half quot sound Musical instruments and movie background noise worked but vocal talking was very low I could only hear it all if I set the balance to one side L R didn t matter The mono sound came out both speakers ears And sometimes he won t turn off the monitor at the appropriate time if set in power options unless I change the wallpaper I have energy saver disabled in BIOS The past week however I ve had problems with no signal to monitor no keyboard lights blink artifacts I opened it up reseated the front audio wire which fixed my balance problem noticed the south bridge is hot but it has a way smaller heatsink than the northbridge and installed newer intel graphic driver I had artifacts one more time even after the driver install but the second reboot seems to have fixed things A day later I had audio video stutter ... Read more

A:Multiple intermittent problems

First, invest in a good battery backup line conditioning uninterruptible power supply (UPS). Second, each power outage can damage any part of a computer. Some of this damage is immediate, some causes damage over time. The motherboard's bios gets confused or corrupted. hard drive data and the operating system becomes corrupted...

You may be in for another motherboard or power supply change in this case. You will continue to have these problems until you take action to protect the computer and to turn it off and unplug it when you are not using it, until you can get that UPS up and running

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/multiple-intermittent-problems.159264/
Relevancy 14.62%

On one rig I got GTS mb and it works flawlesslly However on another machine I got GTS Not 'oh really. so you GTS it crashes, BSOD, Gainward 250 name freezes... great'? gb which Gainward GTS 250 'oh so great'? Not really. BSOD, crashes, freezes... you name it earned the quot Piece Gainward GTS 250 'oh so great'? Not really. BSOD, crashes, freezes... you name it of sh t quot sticker The issues are usual for the gb model blue Gainward GTS 250 'oh so great'? Not really. BSOD, crashes, freezes... you name it screen restart games freeze crash audio loops inifinitely strange psychodelic colorful lines swarm the monitor cubes of various colors do the same And yes it happens in many games and to many people at least according to what I ve found browsing forums As with other people in my case too the issues happen with Bad Company Assassin s creed GTA etc It appears that the problem is with the nV drivers I ve found somewhere that installing a much older version of nVidia graphic drivers solves the issue but I d rather search for help on what to I ve updated BIOS Chipset Audio Lan DirectX nVidia GPU driver is Event Source nv Event ID Minidump files are bellow The error in the Event Viewer appeared on July th EDIT Forgot to mention tha powa is Thermaltek w Forward thanks Kreinzer nbsp

A:Gainward GTS 250 'oh so great'? Not really. BSOD, crashes, freezes... you name it

If its the 1gb model, just use a 512, you get like .01% less performance. And you could just update to the latest drivers, maybe Nvidia has since fixed the issues.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gainward-gts-250-oh-so-great-not-really-bsod-crashes-freezes-you-name-it.150050/
Relevancy 21.5%

I ve been doing a bit multiple PSU's when GPUs Adding running additional of research lately because I m unsure of the exact upgrade direction I want to take and I ve come up with the idea of using full HD screens along with triple SLI CF but the power requirements in my case would be above the capability of my Corsair HX- Having just spent on that I d rather not even consider replacing it So can a system use a second PSU like any decent PSU or do they need Adding additional PSU's when running multiple GPUs to be built specially for the purpose I was kinda thinking maybe it would be possible to run the system on my Corsair including x GPUs and then run the rd th using another PSU Adding additional PSU's when running multiple GPUs like a w modular thus only using a couple of cables OCZ one or something Besides the space requirements how exactly do you go about doing this e g how would you connect it into the motherboard and is it physically possible Do I need to use a booster thingy PSU like the ones Red uses in his hollodeck instead If so where on earth do you purchase them from in the UK and what are they called Its purely discussion right now I m not tying myself down to any particular idea I d just like to understand all my available paths and answer a couple of questions I m unsure about more than anything nbsp

A:Adding additional PSU's when running multiple GPUs

Leeky said:

Having just spent 117 on that I'd rather not even consider replacing it. So can a system use a second PSU (like any decent PSU), or do they need to be built specially for the purpose?Click to expand...

I'm no expert in PSU's so I wont bull**** you on that, it's my weak spot, but is it possible to use multiple PSU's on one system? Yes. Both in your case? I don't know.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/adding-additional-psus-when-running-multiple-gpus.157864/
Relevancy 22.36%

Ok so my friends like coming to my place and bring their xbox s and play online together Problem is is that when we all usually or more of us try to play online at the same time joining together then getting in lobbies usually only of us can stay connected to x box live When a couple of us do manage to stay online one of us lags pretty bad We used to have similar problems when we all played on computers too when it was of us it was usually ok but when a th person was online playing things got pretty slow Im using a belkin wireless G router Ghz Multiple bad connection Xboxs, Is it because its not the best router in the world and too many people are playing off the one router Let me know if I should get a new router or what the problem is id like to start having more people over and doing large xbox parties but I cant if we cant get on the internet Also I dont think its because of my internet its self because when im home with just my family we connect Multiple Xboxs, bad connection to xbox live and internet through our computers quickly Thanks let me know nbsp

A:Multiple Xboxs, bad connection

Im thinking i may need a lan switch or whatever? if so can you link some good ones that are cheap?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/multiple-xboxs-bad-connection.156942/
Relevancy 22.36%

Right this is a bit Multiple problems PC of a wail for help as i am Multiple PC problems building a pc for someone and i am majorly not getting anywhere It was supposed to be a straight swap of my old computer to a new case I decided to get a faster processor supposedly easy enough Anyway during transit the motherboard was fried apparently and now i have found myself having to replace most of the bits I m having multiple problems with the darn thing now Firstly i can t seem to put anything in any of the pci slots as then the pc will load to windows then say windows explorer has encountered a problem and freeze So for the moment i ve resorted to having no extra cards in the case apart from the gpu It wasnt even coming up with an image for ages either until last night when i did something and the image appeared on the monitor celebration So i decided to try and do some more work on it today and now the blasted thing has returned to not showing an image but not bringing up the no signal message either Im stumped Any quick suggestions on what might be the problem Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Multiple PC problems

Is this the same problem as described in this thread?: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic155194.html#post946964

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/multiple-pc-problems.156268/
Relevancy 14.19%

Hello For the past two weeks my laptop has been beeping It doesn t beep when I first turn the computer on Once I m to the desktop it starts Vista Studio Dell 64 continuous a BSOD with beep and 1536 has to beep and it s VERY inconsistent It may beep every five minutes or every minutes Sometimes it beeps once and other times its beeped two Dell Studio 1536 with Vista 64 has a continuous beep and BSOD or three times fast And occasionally I get the BSOD saying something about quot dumping my physical memory quot On top of that when I load the computer I get an error saying that my Catalyst Control Centre is not working I just assumed all these things were connected A few months ago my hard drive died so I installed a new one I haven t had any issues until the issues I listed above all of which start just a few weeks ago Unfortunately my warranty has expired so Dell s support hasn t been much help So does this sound like the hard drive I installed is creating the issues Any advice is very helpful nbsp

A:Dell Studio 1536 with Vista 64 has a continuous beep and BSOD

Have you checked for crud in your keyboard... any cause for a sticking key, sticking space bar, etc.

Don't see how the hard drive could cause the problem.

Have you looked at all the Dell Beep Codes... They are posted elsewhere on this TechSpot forum... that could give you a starting point.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-studio-1536-with-vista-64-has-a-continuous-beep-and-bsod.154876/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hello All,
I have two printers that I like to dedicate one of them to print a form that I have in form of PDF, ow can i make that my only printer that would print that one page all the time.
thank you very much .
JON

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/printer-multiple-programs.154712/
Relevancy 21.07%

Hi Im trying to improve my home network Currently I have the modem and wireless router setup in my basement with one computer hardwired to the router and multiple laptops spread throughout the house However the laptops at the top of my house do not have good signal My house is wired with ethernet cabling throughout the house and walls to help or Routers Points Access Need with multiple network home setup What Need help to setup home network with multiple Access Points or Routers I want to do is to take advantage of this wiring and setup multiple routers or AP s throughout house not sure about difference Also to even allow some laptops to connect with an ethernet cable rather than wireless I am not sure how to do this currently All the ethernet cableing Need help to setup home network with multiple Access Points or Routers converge in my garage as an unfinished mess see pic I wanted to run a cable from my router to a plug in the wall which would take the signal to my garage I would then need some kind of device like a hub or switch but i am not sure what kind of device I was hoping it would then distribute the signal to the other wires and send it throuought the house I then wanted to connect another device that would like another router or AP in a another part of the house but am unsure what kind of device and how to do so If anyone could help me out it would be much appreciated nbsp

A:Need help to setup home network with multiple Access Points or Routers

With Ethernet wiring available you have some nice choices;
use wires to access remote locations
and place wireless in the room(s) needed
Likely you can just wire to each floor and the garage and then let the wireless be accessed from those locations.

The Modem==>#1Router can control all the DHCP assignments and assuming that you only need four remote locations, you can use a 4-port router. If you need more than four, you will need a Switch, eg
Code:
modem==router---switch-- four connections
|
+---- three more connections
Each port from the router is wired to an Access Point or a WiFi router (doesn't matter so use whatever you have). The trick is
disable the dhcp in each Wifi device
attached the ethernet from #1Router to any LAN slot on the WiFi (leaving its Wan slot empty)
This will place all the WiFi on the same subnet as #1 router and sharing et al works across the board

WiFi setups:
start with just one to get the setup running and then you can use that as a template to
config the others. When performing this task, ALWAYS connect a pc to the Wifi device with a cable!

a) change the SSID to something unique to you but not obviously name, address ,,, (
you could add a suffix to it to identify one from the other

b) set a unique channel on each WiFi router to reduce interferrence.
(if you're using a DSL service, then make sure all phones in the house have a new filter attached)

c) enable encryption (WPA2 or WPA in that order) and set the passphrase (can be the same for all wifi devices)

d) for heaven's sake, change the admin password and save it.
(this will disconnect your PC from the device being configure so don't be shocked)

disconnect from the Wifi device and attempt a wireless connection.
Once this works, you can repeat for each of the others.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-to-setup-home-network-with-multiple-access-points-or-routers.154687/
Relevancy 21.5%

This is the strangest error I have EVER seen in XP. I find no mention of this phenomenon anywhere on the web so perhaps I am the first? I surely hope not.

I have a Dell laptop with an integrated keyboard (i.e. built-in). Suddenly, and with no good reason, today my keyboard is acting strangely. Some letters I have to hit 3 times before they type. Others twice. And yet others behave as normal. The correct letter will eventually appear but my Lord no one should have to hit any character on the keyboard more than once.

I need this fixed ASAP because I am taking this PC out of the country with me and I have to be productive.

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A:Windows XP - Keyboard - some letters I have to type multiple times for them to appear

Laptop keyboard problem

This could be a failing keyboard matrix, fairly simple to order a new one from Dell and fit. Or it could be the keyboard software faulty. A way to check for a failing keyboard, is to plug in a separate keyboard, into a USB socket. If all works well, then the fault is the Laptop's keyboard. Hope that helps, if only to eliminate one possible problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-xp-keyboard-some-letters-i-have-to-type-multiple-times-for-them-to-appear.153692/
Relevancy 22.36%

I don t do a lot of audio stuff with Win but I would like to know this My MB a LanParty board has built-in audio I typically have audio feeds out of it at once - push audio news seminar room audio and maybe some music I understand I can mix these at the sound control panel and I do However I would like to be able to send or of these sources through a separate audio card and to separate amplified speakers Can I do this under Win and say have audio feeds and go out through my LanParty onboard audio to one set of amplified speakers and then send sources and to say a PCI-based or USB-based audio dongle connected to a second pair of speakers Sound quality is NOT an issue These are voice quality for the most part being used in a work setting I appreciate all responses except quot Why quot ones I sound do I can Win 7 64-bit & that? cards - multiple want to because it s Win 7 64-bit & multiple sound cards - can I do that? my first choice of how I want to handle my sounds So please don t ask me quot Why would you want to do that when you can use the Win mixer and a single sound card quot or quot Why are you trying to listen to sources at once quot I just want to know if I can do that and if so how do I assign a sound from a source such as Hotcomm or Citrix GoTo or Adobe Connect to a specific card nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/win-7-64-bit-multiple-sound-cards-can-i-do-that.151998/
Relevancy 14.62%

So i decided to fire up my brothers computer that he hasnt used for about 2 years and keep running into the bsod with the error about nvlddmkm.sys for my graphics card, the monitor is also blurred as in the colors are distorted and random colors will blurr to the right or the left of where they should be. I can get it to bootup once i go into safe mode and delete the nvlddmkm.sys but when i try and install the latest driver and reboot the same problem and same error pops up. Any advice on how to fix this error? And I was hoping that by installing the newest driver properly that perhaps the blurry screen will clear up, is that just wishfull thinking or could the blurry screen actually be fixed? The computer is running vista 64 with 4g ram and 750w psu. Thanks for the help guys.

A:BSOD video card 8800gtx error: nvlddmkm.sys

as you can imagine nvlddmkm.sys is part of the driver installation so simply deleting it will either cause errors or blue screens. there are a number of things that could be causing this to happen, such as corrupted files, a bad power supply, or even the card itself. the first thing i would advise is to do a clean installation of the display drivers, which requires you to use a piece of software such as Driver Sweeper to completely purge the associated driver files. once this is done, you can restart the computer and proceed to install the drivers normally.

if this fails, you may be looking at corruption in Vista itself or possibly with the motherboard chipset drivers. there's also a slim chance that you need to update DirectX software or frameworks for graphics-based software. if it comes down to having to test the actual hardware, there are limited options. the best way would be to test the card in another computer (preferably one with a different OS) and to test the power supply and RAM if you can. is there any reason in particular that the computer hasn't been used for a couple of years? there's always a possibility that your brother knew to replace something and never did

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-video-card-8800gtx-error-nvlddmkm-sys.151876/
Relevancy 21.93%

i have an asus g50v vista 64 bit About 15 of the keys produce multiple characters for ex, 'a' produces sda and spacebar produces z0 etc, Device Manager is showing 4 entries under keyboard; 1. keyboard device filter 2.microsoft ehome mcir109 keyboard 3.MS ehome mcir keyboard and 4.MS ehome remote control keyboard keys Any help appreciated Thanx Larry

Remove all the keyboard entries in the device manager and reboot, letting Windows reinstall the keyboard driver...[advice from forum]

i posted the above problem a year ago and removed keyboard entries in device manager,as advised here....it worked nicely,,,,exact same problem happening again but removing devices and reboot is doing nothing this time......also my system restore willnot restore..... please help thanx Larry

A:Keyboard multiple characters with 1 keystroke

If you haven't already, can you try another keyboard?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/keyboard-multiple-characters-with-1-keystroke.151222/
Relevancy 21.5%

my laptop keyboard is on the fritz. when i push the 'w' key wi appears on the screen my space bar has turned into my enter key my z key is now a 'za' key and my up arrow key is now my right arrow key and so on. i reinstalled the drivers and tried reinstalling the bios, i removed all power sources and even went out and purchased a new antivirus program thinking it was a virus but i'm officially stumped. please, please help, before i'm forced to take a sledge hammer to my problem;-)

A:Keyboard issues, multiple letters appearing

You didn't give us the brand and model, but a laptop keyboard can be found for $25 to $50 depending on brand and model and where you buy it... Usully you remove four to six screws from the bottom, unplug the ribbon cable, remove the board and exchange it, then reverse and you have the new keyboard working in less than 15 minutes...
Finding the right keyboard is tricky, but eBay usually has every model available or with a gurgle search

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/keyboard-issues-multiple-letters-appearing.150843/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hello For a long time I have used a multiple monitor with a hdmi cable A TV in my room so i can watch cable Multiple problem with monitor HDMI movies from my computer on the TV I also set the TV-monitor to default sound device Multiple monitor problem with HDMI cable so the sound would come from the TV and not the PC speakers Suddenly it just stopped working So i first tried changing the hdmi cable without any luck - then i tried connecting my xbox to the TV to check if the input to the tv was broken but it worked perfectly - then i tried connecting the pc to my pc screen with hdmi Multiple monitor problem with HDMI cable to see if the hdmi output Multiple monitor problem with HDMI cable was broken this worked perfectly - then i got a new TV and it worked ok but with minor problems there are problems When i only have the desktop showing the screen is perfectly still but when i watch a movie there is a little flickering on the screen When using the tv as default playback device for sound it goes on it of for example when listening to music the music plays for seconds then stops for a second or two then repeat Anyone know what the problem might be some settings probably i kinda spend most of my spare time watching film on the tv but this problem keeps stopping me - hope someone has a good answer for me and please write in a language i understand im not a computer expert nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/multiple-monitor-problem-with-hdmi-cable.150472/
Relevancy 21.5%

I have 3 hard drives all 80GB, two are from Western Dig and one is a Maxtor and 1 DVD attached as follows.

Primary IDE channel with the 80 wire cable set up:

Drive #1 (OS drive) - jumper on Master w Slave Present, end cable location, assigned to C:
Drive #2 (data drive) - jumper on Slave, middle cable location, assigned to D:

Secondary IDE channel with 40 wire cable set up:

Drive #3 (DVD) - jumper on Slave, end cable location, assigned to F:
Drive #4 (data drive) - jumper on Master w Slave Present, middle cable location, assigned to E: and G:

I don't know why the same drive #4 gets assigned to two letters E and G???

How to fix so it is only assigned to one letter???

I am taking my setup info from: www.mikeshardware.com in the how to connect IDE drives section

A:Multiple hard drives show up in Explorer

The only question that springs to mind is, "is there a partition on the drive"?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/multiple-hard-drives-show-up-in-explorer.149348/
Relevancy 21.07%

I m looking for a little help if someone would be so kind because I m a bit out of my setup network? - real router, server boxes multiple multipe IPs, One normal depth with this I m putting together a small home network well I guess large compared to some where I have three desktops connected to my router by wireless I also have a CentOS Apache ISPConfig server box and a WinServer k IIS server One router, multipe real IPs, multiple server boxes - setup network? box My intention is to connect both of these servers to the router in such a way that each has One router, multipe real IPs, multiple server boxes - setup network? it s own real IP Registered domain names would then be pointed at either the IP of One router, multipe real IPs, multiple server boxes - setup network? the Apache server or the IIS server and so the router would deliver the traffic to the appropriate box according to which IP the domain is pointed at To those ends I ve purchased a block of IP addresses from my ISP Having just called them I ve been instructed that the IP block I ve bought are my internal IP addresses and that once I ve set them up on the router in this way they should work I ve never actually done this before and my networking experience doesn t really stretch past the very basics of home networking and so I have very little idea of what kind of options I need to use to set this up on the router - there are things in there that are more advanced than I understand Could anybody please point me in the right direction nbsp

A:One router, multipe real IPs, multiple server boxes - setup network?

Regular SOHO routers such as a linksys will not let you manage multiple static IP's. You will need an enterprise class VPN/firewall/router such as a Sonicwall to do that. I assume you want one IP for your web server, one for FTP and so on.. all pointing to different servers/nics. I would suggest a Sonicwall Pro 2040 or Pro 3060. I've seen both on ebay (used) for a reasonable price (around $300). Keep in mind these boxes go for about $1500 to $2000 and up (retail). There are other products from other vendors such as Cisco which will be significantly more. You will need a router in bridge mode (or a bridge) between your WAN connection and the Sonicwall. A regular linksys may suffice for this. There may be other solutions to this but this is one.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/one-router-multipe-real-ips-multiple-server-boxes-setup-network.148979/
Relevancy 14.62%

Hello everyone,

I just bought some Hardware to build a new computer from Scratch.

I bought:

1. Asus P5E3 Pro Motherboard (DDR3 RAM DIMMS)
2. PSU Coolmax CUL-750B 750W
3. 2x2GB OCZ OCZ3G10664GK R (DDR3 RAM)
4. VGA Card - ASUS ENGTS250/DI/512MD3
5. Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 2.66Ghz 1333

I installed Windows 7 x64bit OEM

I am having problems with BSOD (different ones not the same one every time)

I would like to know if its a compatibility Problem with My RAM and Motherboard or could it be something else. I am very bad with Hardware and I just bought parts that I knew could fit in theory.

BIOS is set to default because I don't know how to configure it (Probably thinking why did I buy parts instead of a built computer)

Could you please help?

A:Compatible RAM for Asus P5E3 Pro Motherboard (BSOD)

Your RAM isn't on Asus' memory QVL (Qualified Vendors List)-but that isn't to say that it's not supported.
Having your power supply checked might be an option if your graphics card seems to run slow or you are getting fluctuating performance.
Because OCZ memory modules lack what are called embedded XMP profiles, your motherboard will have difficulty assigning a setting for them so you will need to do it manually.
Download Memtest86+ from here http://www.memtest.org/#downiso
***under the Memtest86+ v4.00, select "Download -Pre-compiled bootable iso ", save and unzip if downloading the zip file then burn a BOOTABLE CD using ImgBurn or your usual burning software (Nero etc.).- this program runs at BIOS level
Download MemSet here http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/System-Info/MemSet.shtml
You can also download CPU-Z -it gives a much simplified version of the RAM timings but you can also access chipset and CPU info. download here http://www.cpuid.com/cpuz.php

First order of business would be ascertain whether the RAM modules are not defective.
I presume the RAM in question is OCZ's Gold XTC modules - if they are then you can try to manually select the timings- they should be on a sticker on the side of the RAM, which should be 7-7-7-21 ( CAS (or CL)-tRCD-tRP-tRAS) at 1.5 to 1.6 volts.
IF THIS IS NOT YOUR RAM THEN GO NO FURTHER, If it is then you need to set it in order to test it for stability.
Boot into your BIOS. Select the second tab "A.I.Tweaker"
Set PCIE Frequency to 100 (if not already set)
Set DRAM Frequency to DDR3-1066 (if not already set)
Set DRAM Command rate to 2T (if not already set)
Set DRAM Timing Control to Manual
Note the string of timings following "Pri.Information" on the next line-they should be the same as the settings you are about to input.
Set CAS# Frequency to 7 DRAM Clocks
Set RAS# to CAS# Delay to 7 DRAM Clocks
Set RAS# Precharge to 7 DRAM Clocks
Set RAS# Active time to 21 DRAM Clocks
leave the rest of the timings on Auto for now and move down the page until you get to..
DRAM Voltage ....type in 1.60
Hit F10 to save and exit
**If you can boot into windows then run Memset (NOT the Memtest86+ cd you burned!) and note -or better still get a screen capture of the timings (and include in your next post)-here is an example of one of my old screenshots-take no notice of the values but note that both modules SPD (A and B )values are shown-so expand the window.

** If you cannot load Windows then get back to the BIOS and revert settings by choosing Restore Defaults, F10 to save and exit. The likely cause will be insufficient MCH (Northbridge) voltage.
If Memset shows you the correct values and voltage then you can move on to testing.
Reboot and select CD as your first bootable drive
Insert your Memtest86+ bootable cd into the drive
Hit F10 to save and exit
Memtest86+ will boot automatically once the motherboard POST's. As it's a DOS program it is fairly straightforward -The test actually comprises 8 seperate tests. Once all 8 have run then your RAM has completed a "Pass" -for 4Gb a Pass takes around 20-30 minutes.
Run 7 (minimum) to 12 passes. If the testing shows no errors then stop the test at your leisure.
Return to your BIOS, change the boot order back to Harddrive (I assume)
Take the CD out of the drive
F10 to save and exit -congratulations your RAM is stable. The next step would be to stress test the CPU/RAM fo test for stability- but one thing at a time

If the test throws up errors then note the Number of the test and the error code- the test will continue if the errors are not to great. If the testing serquence stops then stop the test, reboot, change boot order, remove cd and F10.
The RAM could fail from either physical damage it has suffered or the timing (and sub-timings) are unstable. We can look into that if the need arises.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/compatible-ram-for-asus-p5e3-pro-motherboard-bsod.141038/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi,

I am trying to set up my Gateway DX4300-19 Desktop PC for dual monitors. The problem I am having is that the second monitor is not accepting the signal and or not getting the signal. I am not very tech savvy so I may be completely wrong with this so here it goes:

My video card is a ATI Radeon HD 3200 integrated.

So this is how I'm trying to set it up and if I'm completely wrong please tell me what to do.

On the back panel of my desktop there is a VGA output and a HDMI output. I have the VGA going to my desktop Monitor its a gateway.

And Im trying to use the HDMI into my LCD TV as it is hung above my desktop anyway.

Am I doing something wrong or will it just not work?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-multiple-monitor-setup.147900/
Relevancy 22.36%

We have Internet service from two providers Fios Comcast Each service includes -Static IP address xxx xxx xxx - yyy yyy yyy - Which connect to our internal LAN xxx I would like to segregate traffic between services so that that Email Static Using IP's Multiple traffic is on a different IP from users accessing the Internet I would also like to have fail-over from the primary fios to secondary comcast I don t need load balancing the Fios connection is plenty fast My plan is to take a -port switch and plug the two Ethernet connections coming from the providers into it From there I ll attach Watchguard Dual WAN Firewall Users accessing the Internet WAN Gateway xxx xxxx xxx WAN Gateway yyy Using Multiple Static IP's yyy yyy Internal configured with fail-over from WAN to from WAN Fios Supplied Router or suitable replacement Email Server Gateway xxx xxx xxx for Email Internal Comcast Supplied Router or suitable replacement Email Server fail-over set in DNS and on the server Gateway yyy yyy yyy Internal My first question is will this work Normally you would have the Internet connection from the provider going Using Multiple Static IP's directly into the router Can I put a switch in between them If so can I attach two Internet connections and three routers all to the same switch Thanks nbsp

A:Using Multiple Static IP's

Scamper said:

We have Internet service from two providers (Fios/Comcast)
Each service includes 5-Static IP address:
xxx.xxx.xxx.10 - 14 (ISP#1 ->router#1)
yyy.yyy.yyy.100-104 (ISP#2 ->router#2)

Which connect to our internal LAN:
192.168.1.xxx

I would like to segregate traffic between services, so that that Email traffic is on a different IP from users accessing the Internet.Click to expand...

This is a port forward solution:
for ports 25, 110, & 143 (the emails), port forward each to the lan address that is closes to the specific ISP side desired, eg any lan address on router#2

I would also like to have fail-over from the primary (fios) to secondary (comcast)
(I don't need load balancing, the Fios connection is plenty fast)Click to expand...

fall over is described well here

you may need to multihome each client (which see)

My plan is to take a 16-port switch and plug the two Ethernet connections coming from the providers into it. .....

My first question is, will this work? Normally you would have the Internet connection from the provider going directly into the router.

Can I put a switch in between them?

If so can I attach two Internet connections and three routers all to the same switch?Click to expand...

I'd have to think out the layout and setup ...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/using-multiple-static-ips.147715/
Relevancy 22.36%

Ok here we go I apologize if I don t give enough info needed to diagnose the problem but I m only a novice It all started when my avast antivirus found a No connection multiple on networks worm coming from system drivers AFD sys I couldn t quarantine the file so No connection on multiple networks I cut it and moved it to another folder Upon restart I have quot limited or No connection on multiple networks no connectivity quot I tried putting the file back but that didn t change anything I m pretty sure this isn t a router issue I have a wired connection running to my router and I also have a wireless card with access to my neighbors unsecured networks No dice on any of them My IP address comes up as When I try to renew it says quot error ocurred RPC server is unavailable quot I also can t start my dhcp client it gives me quot erroe the dependency service does not exist or has been marked for deletion quot The dependency services listed are the normal recommended in most fixes Does anyone have any advice I have XP SP by the way nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-connection-on-multiple-networks.146130/
Relevancy 21.5%

I have an existing network with Verizon FiOS that has the router built in to the modem We have computers hooked to that network wired wireless I have a server machine that I am using to practice for my MS certification exams I have Windows Server installed It is an Active Directory domain controller with DNS and DHCP multiple routers, clients 1 with 2 server, Network I also have an old laptop with XP Pro Neither of these are on our existing network My goal Network with 2 routers, 1 server, multiple clients is to connect these machines to another router with wireless capabilities turned off and then connect this router to the existing one to provide internet access to the new machines I want the server to operate as DNS and Network with 2 routers, 1 server, multiple clients DHCP I do not want the router s to do it So the existing router FiOS has an IP of and it gives IP s to the machines connected to it This is fine but when I connect the server and XP machines to the new router I want the server to give out IP addresses not the router I also want to be able to join the XP machine to the AD Domain on the server so I can start playing with RIS and assigning permissions and all the other stuff I Network with 2 routers, 1 server, multiple clients need to learn for my exams Existing router Actiontec MI -WR New router Netgear WGR v All computers are XP Pro except for the server and one Windows Ultimate laptop Does anyone know how to do this and make everything work correctly I hope I ve given enough information Thanks in advance for any help nbsp

A:Network with 2 routers, 1 server, multiple clients

You can have domain running in the home with the equipment you have posted above. I did that here myself. You need Windows client OS that supports domain. Pro series does. Server 2003 has NAT feature and can be your router using additional network card. One Card would be labeled WAN and the other would be called LAN. This can be connected to a 5/8/16/24/48-port switch or even add AP to the mix. So it would be modem to Server to external switch. Having the Server with DNS, DHCP and Active Directory active plus the NAT works great. Take some time to get it all working though. For extra SPI hardware firewall I had use one of those belkin wireless turned off wi-fi, DHCP then connected the server LAN to Belkin then back to the switch. This is optional don't have to do this just saying that's how I did it.

Or

Use a wireless router connect only server to and use external switch from the router to your other network devices. This is another way to do with on domain. Doing this way you don't need to install another Nic card in the server box.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-with-2-routers-1-server-multiple-clients.145914/
Relevancy 21.5%

I have Linksys wireless-G broadband router. When surfing the web, while being the only one online at home, internet pages will open almost instantaneous. The pc that i use is directly connected to the router. There is also another pc as well as 2 laptops that connect wirelessly. The internet signal strength is reduced drastically when multiple users are online at the same time. My router is keyed/pass protected and additional unauthorized users is not a problem. I have no idea what kind of signal the router is putting out. I have noticed when playing an online game my latency will go from <100ms and shoot as high as 1.2k-2k. Again ive noticed that latency is high when multiple people are online.

What can i do to troubleshoot this? Is there any way that i can get the signal to boost as more of it is utilized? thx

A:Experiencing high latency with multiple users on router

Is there any way that i can get the signal to boost as more of it is utilized?Click to expand...

the short answer is no.

for a start see http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic141987.html#4

Bandwidth control is difficult with our cheap routers -- the professionals have features
that are seldomly available to home users. Look to see if QoS is supported in your router; if present you *may*
be able to configure it.

You currently have
Code:

modem ---- router#1 ---wired system(A)
|
+ - - - - WiFi (B + C systems)

With that layout, all systems will see all traffic ; system A will see but not process packets from system C.
Not all routers use Switch technology -- see if yours does. If not add a switch
Code:

modem ---- router#1 ---(switch*) --- wired system(A)
|
+ - - - - WiFi (B + C systems)

This will reduce traffic from the router to system(A). Everything attached to the
switch* side will only see its own traffic.

If I were using WiFi, this would be my layout
Code:

modem ---- router#1 ---(switch) --- A/P - - - WiFi (B + C systems) wired system(A)
|
+---- wired system(A)

Here, ALL systems only see their own traffic

In all cases, router#1 provides the initial NAT to allow multiple systems to share the single ISP connection.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/experiencing-high-latency-with-multiple-users-on-router.142388/
Relevancy 21.5%

I have two monitors, and want to play the same game on both simultaneously, and do so without having both monitors show the same image, but rather to have the game be spread out across the two.

Any suggestions on how i could do this, please do not hesitate to send the information my way.

Thank you,

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-play-a-game-spread-out-across-multiple-monitors.140289/
Relevancy 21.93%

I am hoping you guys can help me out here I have been looking at a pc I built for someone it had two matrox Graphics problem Multiple card graphics cards connected to monitors and was working well for a couple of years the spec Multiple Graphics card problem is basically Athlon Multiple Graphics card problem x processor ASUS M V mobo GB memory and was running Windows XP We recently upgraded to Windows bit and have since had problemswith the graphics and the machine freezing After several e-mails with Matrox it seems that the cards we have are no longer supported and Win drivers are not available they suggested upgrading to their latest cards but at a cost of about I looked around and decided that we may be able to use graphics cards of the same type one being PCIex and the other being PCI I bought Geforce GS cards and fitted them this morning the first two went OK and everything worked fine but problems occurred after the third one with problems with freezing and running slow I updated to the latest drivers which at least enabled the pc to boot up fine but still it seems to be slowly and freezing particularly if we try to open several things at once We have ordered some more memory thinking that it may just be running slow with the extra cards but I am not totally convinced that that will cure the problem Have you guys any thoughts nbsp

A:Multiple Graphics card problem

I suspect that W7 is the culprit here and the issue of drivers where it starts. I have had problems with mixing the slots with the same sorts of cards so if you have two 8400GS cards in PCI slots, perhaps try something else in the PCI-e slot?
Adding memory is always a good idea but not part of this fix I think!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/multiple-graphics-card-problem.139848/
Relevancy 22.36%

How can i have more than 2 Monitor plugged into my desktop , i have seen lots of people do that and wonder how ?

A:Multiple Monitors

A video card with two outputs is one method. What's your existing hardware?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/multiple-monitors.139622/
Relevancy 25.8%

I tried to find the link to introduce myself, and couldnt. I am not very technically advanced. My laptop (its an older one with windows xp operating system home) (my new one was stolen and I am quite depressed about it) now this problem.
I am using my sons laptop now.

I do not have any discs but blank ones. Can someone halp me? My computer will not start, it just displays that message, and when i press f8, safe mode and everything comes up but it never does anything

A:Compaq 2700 <Windows root>\system32\ntoskrnl. exe is missing or corrupt

The hard drive (boot drive) is bad or its contents are corrupted. With no discs, you might want to take it to a friend or to a repair shop to have it repaired

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/compaq-2700-windows-root-system32-ntoskrnl-exe-is-missing-or-corrupt.137562/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hi guys I m new here looks a great forum Hope I can be multiple compatible with p35/g33 Intel monitors? of assistance but right now I need some of my own Intel p35/g33 compatible with multiple monitors? I am running dual monitors on an ATI Radeon and have recently purchased an Nvidia quadro fx to run another monitors So i found out I am having compatability issues as Intel p35/g33 compatible with multiple monitors? the new card is only running x resolution and bit colour it will not allow me to change this My ATI controller now won t Intel p35/g33 compatible with multiple monitors? let me adjust my first monitors and does not pick up the third My chipset is the - intel p g - If i purchase another ATI Radeon will this solve my problem is this chipset capable of running monitors well it s running now one on the nvidia with low colour and res so i m sure it can Will I need to upgrade my power supply Am I damaging the PC if not My board is a Asus P KC if that helps Thanks James nbsp

A:Intel p35/g33 compatible with multiple monitors?

Welcome James,
I would recommend not mixing multiple video cards, so installing another Radeon 7000 is a good idea. Besides, only one video driver would be needed

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/intel-p35-g33-compatible-with-multiple-monitors.137538/
Relevancy 15.05%

Hello,

I have a Dell Inspiron 8600 laptop. At the moment, I have no OS running, as I am trying to reformat my computer. In doing so, I received the BSOD message: partmgr.sys - Address F87C04AB base at F87BE000.

Do I need a new hard drive?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

KJA6

A:BSOD message: partmgr.sys

What Windows CD version are you using to boot with and did you set the CD as the first boot device? I could be wrong but maybe you aren't booting correctly.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-message-partmgr-sys.137335/
Relevancy 14.62%

Hey everyone I m back with another problem This time it s in my personal laptop So about weeks ago a friend of mine installed GB RAM into my nv4_disp Help BSOD infinite loop with laptop After a couple of days with the RAM I turned on my laptop and find my screen flashing red Parts of the screen were pixeled red After backing up my files through safe mode I brought the computer to the college tech support They figured Help with nv4_disp infinite loop BSOD it s a driver problem so they updated my video driver Into what I cannot remember The problem randomly appeared and that forced me to format and start fresh So a new problem arose As the title suggested I randomly get the nv disp infinite loop BSOD Sometimes Help with nv4_disp infinite loop BSOD my screen would just freeze and not do anything Sometimes the screen flashes Help with nv4_disp infinite loop BSOD but I can still move my mouse pointer And it hasn t really been too friendly when I open the only two games I have in my computer in an attempt to see how bad the damage is I looked up some solutions online which included uninstalling and reinstalling drivers After a few attempts of that with the update the NVIDIA website provided I rolled back my driver into driver version So here are some things about my computer Model Dell Latitude D System Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack Computer Intel R Core TM Duo CPU t GHz GHz with GB of RAM Driver Details Currently NVIDIA Quadro NVS M Driver Version Personally I wouldn t mind this problem But I have a final project for a class where I need a video presentation and I am using Pinnacle Studio I m not sure if it s just me being retarded and missing a driver to install but I m pretty sure I reinstalled everything after formatting my computer Any help is greatly appreciated If any more information is needed please tell me so I can attempt to provide you with correct information not completely tech savvy for a computer engineering major ironically nbsp

A:Help with nv4_disp infinite loop BSOD

First of all you have to make sure that the 667 memory and the nvidia driver is compatible with your Dell laptops model, and you should use the Nvidia video and chipset driver from Dell and not from the nvidia site. You can up the shared video memory to 256MB maximum

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-nv4_disp-infinite-loop-bsod.137089/
Relevancy 28.81%

HAVE INSERTED DOZENS OF REWRITABLE AND STANDARD DVDS TO TRY AND SORT OUT MY COLLECTION OF DATA AND PHOTOGRAPHIC IMAGES STORED ON DVD BUT MOST OF THEM GIVE ME A quot able Nero Has not data on disks? caused view to being my DVD DISK IS NOT RECOGNIZED quot MESSAGE OR quot PLEASE INSERT A DISK TO THE DRIVE quot INCORRECT FUNCTION IS ALSO DISPLAYED AS WELL AS THE CLASSIC I CAN SEE UNDER DISK PROPERTIES THAT THERE IS Has Nero caused not being able to view my DVD data on disks? NO MORE ROOM AVAILABLE ON DISK SO IT IS NOT EMPTY BUT THERE IS NO DISPLAY OF THE CONTENT EVEN WHEN USING DRAG TO DISK I NOW SUSPECT THAT MY USE OF THE NERO SOFTWARE PROGRAM MAY BE THE CULPRIT AS I NO LONGER USE THAT SOFTWARE AND DON T HAVE A COPY OF CAN ANYONE RECOMMEND A FREE DOWN LOAD TO AUTOMATICALLY READ ANY DVD AND LET ME EITHER SEE Has Nero caused not being able to view my DVD data on disks? OR TRANSFER THE DATA TO A MORE STABLE NEW DISK also WHY DO I GET SO MANY quot unable to copy disk parameters wrong quot MESSAGES SOMETIMES WHEN i SUPER WIPE THE DISK Has Nero caused not being able to view my DVD data on disks? OF ALL SMUDGES AND PRINTS i CAN GET SOME OF THE FILES OFF BUT ITS ANNOYING nbsp

A:Has Nero caused not being able to view my DVD data on disks?

Hi

first off CAPS is bloody annoying,

it sounds to me more like your dvd unit has or is starting to fail, the lasers dont last forever.

try another dvd drive and then let us know.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/has-nero-caused-not-being-able-to-view-my-dvd-data-on-disks.136767/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hey everyone,
I have a keyboard (Razer Tarantula) that plugs in via USB. The primary problem I have is that during boot up, my computer does not recognize the keyboard. I believe this is because it plugs in via USB (correct me if I'm wrong). If this is the case, in order for my computer to recognize it, I think I would need to buy an adapter so that I can plug it into the traditional keyboard socket (I forget what it's called).

If I buy/use an adapter, will that have any effect on the functionality of the extra/programmable keys.

Thanks for any insight!

A:Question about USB keyboards with multiple extra key functions

Do you mean your computer doesn't recognize USB until the Windows is running?

If that's the case, then you need to check your BIOS settings. There should be an option to enable USB Legacy Support. This tells your BIOS to support USB until Windows starts.

Now you have the chicken/egg situation as you need to get to the BIOS to change the setting! So either buy an adapter (still useful to have for a couple bucks) or borrow a non-USB keyboard so you can change the setting

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/question-about-usb-keyboards-with-multiple-extra-key-functions.136624/
Relevancy 21.5%

I have the ASUS M N-E SLI mobo I m using the built-in ethernet plug wired into my router Lately what s been happening is when I turn on the computer the internet won t work I have to right click the network icon in the system tray click network and sharing center click manage network connections right click the one device listed NVIDIA nForce Mbps Ethernet and click properties Then I click configure drivers update drivers and I have to manually install one of the drivers listed One is from Mirosoft and the other from nvidia They are both named NVIDIA nForce Networking Controller Either one works I could install the microsoft one or the nvidia one and they ll both make the internet work but as soon as I restart my computer it does the same thing again What I d like to know is why causing conflict network Multiple issues? drivers it s doing this and if there s a way to remove one or the other of the drivers from my computer My idea is that it doesn t know which driver to use when the computer turns on so it doesn t use either one If I can remove the microsoft one I think it d use the nvidia one Can someone PLEASE help me out it s really becoming annoying Thank you nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/multiple-network-drivers-causing-conflict-issues.135534/
Relevancy 15.05%

hi.

my system:

gigabyte X48TDQ6 mobo
qx9650cpu
gtx285
2X2gb ocz ddr3 1600mhz

my problem:

i have run my system for about a year with q6600 cpu with no problems with this mobo,memory,graphic card.

yesterday i have changed my cpu to qx9650 with the intel stock cpu fan. when i play games after 20 minutes i get bsod and the system reboot even in regular use on desktop.

the cpu temp in idele is about 27 deg. (not seems beacuse overhit)

on bios everythind on standart/auto (no o.c).

i upgrade my bios revision.

the bsod is "not less or equel" something:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1037

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: a
BCP1: 0000000010000002
BCP2: 000000000000000C
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: FFFFF800020BCAC1
OS Version: 6_0_6001
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1

thanx 4 any help.

A:Bsod after replacing cpu

look on the box the CPU came in, or run CPU-z and see what the revision is. If it is an E0 you need BIOS F8D beta to run that CPU. At least that is what Gigabyte is showing for that CPU on the GA-X48-DQ6 mobo. I couldn't find a GA-X48-TDQ6 mobo listed on their site. Typo or wrong region possibly? Also check windows updates. There may be something for that CPU, or maybe you need more than SP1 on your OS? Your BSOD screen by the way is referencing a failure to read paged memory.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-after-replacing-cpu.134111/
Relevancy 14.62%

I came home from a vacation after summer everything was my and Just computer new installed now processor gets BSOD's 955) (X4 already Just installed new processor (X4 955) and now my computer gets BSOD's set up in my computer except that I had sold Just installed new processor (X4 955) and now my computer gets BSOD's the Phenom X before I left which left my computer well CPU-less When I came back I bought a new Phenom X So I installed the processor and the stock heatsink and fan that came with it No I m not overclocking the CPU No I m not doing anything else out of the ordinary I ve had this processor installed for at least a week now My computer will just randomly get the blue screen of doom or death and just restart I NEED TO KNOW HOW TO FIX THIS PROBLEM I can t take this anymore I downloaded a program called BlueScreenView by NirSoft so that I can view the BSOD error codes etc etc So I can tell you exactly what BSOD happened and at what time I just need to know how to fix it The three BSOD s I ve been getting are DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL x d KERNEL MODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED x e and PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA x HOW CAN I FIX ANY OF THESE nbsp

A:Just installed new processor (X4 955) and now my computer gets BSOD's

Sounds like a bios update might help. Version 2606 appears to be the latest for Vista if you have 32 bit.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/just-installed-new-processor-x4-955-and-now-my-computer-gets-bsods.133084/
Relevancy 14.62%

hi i have been getting random bsod when playing games and sometimes watching videos online says video driver stopped responding sometimes bsod sometimes it recovers says to upgrade drivers which i have doesnt help it has done this with every driver i have installed.

vista home premium
asus p5q pro
ati 4780 512
2/2g corsiar dominator
e 8400 @ 3.00
XFI PLATINUM
pc power +cooling 750 w
2/300g vel raptor hd raid o

hers the mini dump please help

A:Random bsod video drivers

Your video card may be over heating

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/random-bsod-video-drivers.132166/
Relevancy 21.93%

Forgive me if this has been asked, I didn't look very hard. :rolleyes:

I have two computers, of which both have a Wireless G card and a Wired gigabit connection. Currently they are both on a wireless G 10/100 Netgear router and moving large files between the two via wireless is painful at best.

My question is, would it be possible to connect the two computers via a Cat6 crossover cable or a 10/100/1000 switch while, keeping the wireless connection for internet access? I have a sneaking suspicion that I can't, but I'm not that good with networking so I wouldn't know. :rolleyes:

A:Question about multiple network connections

madboyv1 said:

Forgive me if this has been asked, I didn't look very hard. :rolleyes:

I have two computers, of which both have a Wireless G card and a Wired gigabit connection. Currently they are both on a wireless G 10/100 Netgear router and moving large files between the two via wireless is painful at best.

My question is, would it be possible to connect the two computers via a Cat6 crossover cable or a 10/100/1000 switch while, keeping the wireless connection for internet access? I have a sneaking suspicion that I can't, but I'm not that good with networking so I wouldn't know. :rolleyes:Click to expand...

You don't need a gig router to move gig data from one gig to another gig. Just need a gig switch and either gig PCI, gig PCI-E or GIG PCMICA 32-bit card. But remember G is only 30mbps as N would be more like 120mbps.Wireless will be slower to transfer large files. Newer routers have larger memory packet data buffers some have 832kb for gig switch internal inside the router some have less than 96KB. Gig switches have 64, 128, 144 and all the way up to ((4MB for packet buffers (these are 24/48 ports)).

How large of a file your transferring? I do large files over Gig to Gig daily Stream Media over 100mbps daily. One more tip whatever you do don't put 100mbps devices on a gig switch. You can connect the router if it's a 10/100 to the gig switch that's okay. But if you got slower devices don't do it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/question-about-multiple-network-connections.131791/
Relevancy 21.07%

months of Multiple BSODs on a or computer BSODs Multiple 5 a - error? of on hardware new brand driver months brand new computer - driver or hardware error Mini dump 5 months of Multiple BSODs on a brand new computer - driver or hardware error? analysis help please Hi I m looking for anyone who can analyse mini dumps and help me determine the source of my problems The system has been giving me hell from the start The problem often manifests in different driver and memory errors - To my level of understanding the errors seem to be fairly unrelated When it runs well it s awesome and it really performs When it starts messing up that s it it might BSOD on every start up times in a row and then start working for no apparent reason I ruled out faulty PSU and faulty RAM and system always runs cool the hottest component being the fanless graphics card I have also run extensive tests on system hard drive Seatools returned no errors after firmware upgrade and long tests However DiskCheckup keeps changing its mind out predicted TEC date it jumps from Jan too Aug either of which is unacceptable and well within manufacture warranty Reinstalled windows countless times with different installation CDs So that leaves MOBO CPU GPU or maybe some software of driver issue I feel that it must be hardware related but I can t work out what it is on top of that the faults are often intermittent making trial and error testing unreliable I have collected many minidumps now but I can t work out if they are related or not has my comp dozens of problems or just a couple with variegated symptoms Questions Q Can anybody help me Q How should I post minidumps and info Hard drive questions Seatools return no errors I have been told that this is the definitive test for a faulty hard drive Q PassMark DiskCheckup keeps changing its mind out predicted TEC date Does this indicate a problem with my hard drive Q When ever I run chkdsk it says that it has found errors and is repairing them Does this indicate a problem with my hard drive GPU questions Video driver has supposedly caused some of the BSODs The drag and drop mouse marks don t disappear almost as if the screen is not refreshing Q Could these be signs of a faulty graphics card Thanks a lot I m beginning to go a little bit mad from all this troubleshooting dead Jane nbsp

A:5 months of Multiple BSODs on a brand new computer - driver or hardware error?

Here are some of the older dmp analyses:
View attachment 50542

View attachment 50543

View attachment 50544

View attachment 50545

View attachment 50546

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/5-months-of-multiple-bsods-on-a-brand-new-computer-driver-or-hardware-error.130950/
Relevancy 15.05%

Can t seem to find any solutions to this ongoing problem Currently Kernel_Mode_Exception_Not_Handled_M BSOD, using WinDbg to debug issue however I am not having much luck Here are the two latest BSOD Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version X Loading Dump File C WINDOWS Minidump Mini - dmp Mini Kernel Dump File BSOD, Kernel_Mode_Exception_Not_Handled_M Only registers and stack trace are available Symbol search path is msdl Executable search path is Windows Server Kernel Version Service Pack MP procs Free x compatible Product LanManNt suite TerminalServer SingleUserTS Built by srv sp gdr - Machine Name Kernel base x PsLoadedModuleList x af c Debug session time Wed Jul GMT- System Uptime days Loading Kernel Symbols Loading User Symbols Loading unloaded module list Unable to load image navex sys Win error n WARNING Unable to verify timestamp for navex sys ERROR Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for navex sys Bugcheck Analysis Use analyze -v to get detailed debugging information BugCheck E c b d ba b Probably caused by navex sys navex f ba Followup MachineOwner --------- kd gt analyze -v Bugcheck Analysis KERNEL MODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED M e This is a very common bugcheck Usually the exception address pinpoints the driver function that caused the problem Always note this address as well as the link date of the driver image that contains this address Some common problems are exception code x This means a hard coded breakpoint or assertion was hit but this system was booted NODEBUG This is not supposed to happen as developers should never have hardcoded breakpoints in retail code but If this happens make sure a debugger gets connected and the system is booted DEBUG This will let us see why this breakpoint is happening Arguments Arg c The exception code that was not handled Arg b d ba The address that the exception occurred at Arg b Trap Frame Arg Debugging Details ------------------ EXCEPTION CODE NTSTATUS xc - The instruction at quot x lx quot referenced memory at quot x lx quot The memory could not be quot s quot FAULTING IP navex f ba b d ba ffb c a push dword ptr ecx AC h TRAP FRAME b -- trap xffffffffb ErrCode eax ebx e ecx edx esi e caa edi e e a eip b d ba esp b ebp b iopl nv up ei pl nz ac po cy cs ss ds es fs gs efl navex x f ba b d ba ffb c a push dword ptr ecx AC h ds ac Resetting default scope CUSTOMER CRASH COUNT DEFAULT BUCKET ID DRIVER FAULT SERVER MINIDUMP BUGCHECK STR x E PROCESS NAME vbda exe CURRENT IRQL LAST CONTROL TRANSFER from b d e to b d ba STACK TEXT WARNING Stack unwind information not available Following frames may be wrong b b d e e d e e e a navex x f ba b bc b d b e e f e navex x e e b d b a c e d ff b ac navex x e b b a e e f f e dd acd b ac navex x a c b b b a e e e d c e dd acd navex x ce b c b d navex x d e b c e e d c nt ExFreePoolWithTag x a STACK COMMAND kb FOLLOWUP IP navex f ba b d ba ffb c a push dword ptr ecx AC h SYMBOL STACK INDEX SYMBOL NAME navex f ba FOLLOWUP NAME MachineOwner MODULE NAME navex IMAGE NAME navex sys DEBUG FLR IMAGE TIMESTAMP b c FAILURE BUCKET ID x E navex f ba BUCKET ID x E navex f ba Followup MachineOwner --------- Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version X Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved Loading Dump File C WINDOWS Minidump Mini - dmp Mini Kernel Dump File Only registers and stack trace are available Symbol search path is msdl Executable search path is Windows Server Kernel Version Service Pack MP procs Free x compatible Product LanManNt suite TerminalServer SingleUserTS Built by srv sp gdr - Machine Name Kernel base x PsLoadedModuleList x af c Debug session time Wed Jul GMT- System Uptime days Loading Kernel Symbols Loading User Symbols Loading unloaded module list Bugcheck Analysis Use analyze -v to get detailed debugging information BugCheck E c b ef a b a a c Probably caused by hardware afd AfdTransmitFile a Followup MachineOwner --------- kd gt analyze -v Bugcheck Analysis KERNEL MODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED M e This is a very com... Read more

A:BSOD, Kernel_Mode_Exception_Not_Handled_M

you might want to post this in operating system and software.
i would suggest reinstalling windows myself.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-kernel_mode_exception_not_handled_m.130798/
Relevancy 15.05%

Just got a gift from a friend. A Panasonic CF48E. Put a new HD in it, Installed WIN XP pro, and was happy... NO sound.. Looking at the Control panell, looks like the Multimedia Audio Controller has a ( ! ) in the yellow circle. Downloaded what seems to be the correct drivers for it, ir starts to install but mid installation I get the Blue SOD, that says portcls.sys, and it shuts down, and restarts the laptop real fast ( no time to read what the blue screen says..
Anyone see that problem before?
Any solutions? I read all kinds of suggestions, but none work.
Help please.

A:Panasonic CF-48 E Portcls.sys BSOD

Try here:
http://www.panasonic.com/business/toughbook/toughbook-products.asp?cm_mmc=PCSC_Toughbook-_-iProspect_PPC%20-_-Google-_-panasonic%20toughbook

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/panasonic-cf-48-e-portcls-sys-bsod.130384/
Relevancy 22.36%

Usually the home user has little need for two or more routers To get more connectivity one only needs to add multiple Tip: routers using a switch hub switch is preferred to the existing router and more slots become available for more systems The typical case for the home user to add a router is expanding a wired LAN and adding wireless connectivity at the same time The issue will be the configurability of both Tip: using multiple routers routers The setup will look like Code modem -- routerA ---- routerB ---b-systems ------ a-systems Which router is existing vs new really doesn t matter other than getting the configuration correct If I had my choice however the B-router would be my new wireless router for security reasons later described A wireless Access Point would also fit nicely in the router-B location CONFIGURATION Both routers will need to be configured likely hardwired at first to one of your systems You will need to access your router s configuration page which is brand-name dependent Netgear D-Link Linksys Belkin Once you ve logged into the router Tip: using multiple routers be sure to set a new admin password TWO Tip: using multiple routers parameters will determine success failure of the configuration the router s ip-address and the subnet mask of course you need the other stuff too but these determine the data flow The typical problem that can arise is the inability to set the subnet mask to a value that will work -- some vendors get parochial and force some assumption that cause problems sorry no I don t have a list Here s what needs to be created Router-A ip-address must be higher numerically than router-B eg X versus Y where X gt Y Secondly the subnet mask for router-A must allow traffic to flow down to router-B A typical subnet mask for home users would be but this would allow traffic ONLY for the router-A where the b X b value was an exact match thus dropping traffic for router-B What we need is a subnet mask more like your X value will then be thru Your vendor may not let you set a value like in the third position or if it does it might get reset when you save the configuration edit If this occurs to you you can try an alternative class-b addresses like X vs Y These addresses require a different subnet mask and the parochial rules need to be dropped -- give it try at least You also might try swapping the devices and trying the steps above again If that doesn t work either you re just SOL -- S out of luck punt and return the last device purchased Each router can still auto config its devices using DHCP Be sure to save the configuration AND restart the router Router-B needs only to meet the rule where X gt Y and may use the typical subnet mask With at least one system hardwired to each router you should now be able to a ping your ISP from all systems b ping from a-system to b-system and conversely when this works correctly the routers are ready for general use and the wireless setup can be configured for channel ssid and wap wep encryption Security Whichever router has the wireless enabled should be considered your untrusted subnet and have the firewalls configured to not allow print file sharing You can implement this on each system s firewall OR use that router s port forwarding feature to protect all system just forward ports to a non-existing system If you really need print file sharing then by all means force your devices to known IP addresses by mapping the MAC addresses of the NIC adaptor and keep a consecutive ip address set for your systems allow print file sharing ONLY for this narrow range of address in your firewalls In this case obviously you can t use the port forwarding trick above In addition your wireless router will have an SSID and allow WAP WEP encryption features You really should implement WAP or at least WEP nbsp

A:Tip: using multiple routers

how to setup wireless router to wireless router
please give me some help

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/tip-using-multiple-routers.67726/
Relevancy 15.05%

i was redirected here from the BSOD help as it may be a hardware problem I have a Gateway laptop running Windows XP media center edition with SP and whenever i try logging in it either boots me before loading up or within the first - seconds i have tried running in the last good configuration and safe mode but they dont work it just shuts off without a blue screen the screen has had trouble in the past and doesnt work well now so it is plugged into a computer monitor could that be the reason its having problems the thing is it has used this monitor for a good months at least before having problems I lent the laptop to my girlfriend so she could have a computer in her room with internet then it started doing this there is nothing of major importance on this computer so i really just wanna do a full system restore or repair but i dont know how The system wont stay on long enough and i dont have my cd key either i did just have one successful log in with an error report i am doing the list of things in and log hardly can BSOD microsoft says to do currently looking for updated drivers EDIT BSOD d then got back in and performed a BSOD and can hardly log in quick scan found nothing doing a full scan in hopes it finds something helpful nbsp

A:BSOD and can hardly log in

Memory or failing hard drive... You may have to take it in for service. What kind of scan, memory?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-and-can-hardly-log-in.129603/
Relevancy 22.36%

I'm currently in the process of building a new pc with multiple hdds and am uncertain as to my options for which type of raid configurations are available. What i would like to do is have 1 wd velociraptor for my os and programs, 2 hdds for data (striped), and 1 hdd to mirror the three other drives. First, is this possible? Second, is this an efficient config or is there a better way?

A:Managing multiple hdds

1. Yes its possible, look in the manual for your motherboard, should be able to do this with most newer mobos, if you bought a prebuilt you may have to google the board.

All the things you listed above are possible, but may require a disk drive(floppy that is) or downloading files on to a flash drive to do.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/managing-multiple-hdds.129493/
Relevancy 15.05%

Hi,
Recently i suffer from BSOD on a daily basis. I can't put any finger on the reason, cause i see no rule. I suspect Outlook 2003 or AVG.
I have attached the the dump file. I dont know how to read it.
Please advise.
regards,
Tany

A:BSOD on XP SP3

What hardware or software did you install just prior to getting bsods?

Your current minidump shows "Stop 0xBE"

Which indicates that a driver attempted to write to read-only memory.

Possible Resolutions:

? A Stop 0xBE message might occur after installing a faulty device driver, system service, or firmware. If a Stop message lists a driver by name, disable, remove, or roll back the driver to correct the problem. If disabling or removing drivers resolves the issues, contact the manufacturer about a possible update. Using updated software is especially important for multimedia applications, antivirus scanners, DVD playback, and CD mastering tools.Click to expand...

Since you suspect AVG and since others have reported issues with AVG8, you may wish to try (Free products, available here)
Avira ... http://www.techspot.com/downloads/41-antivir-personal-edition.html
or Avast ... http://www.techspot.com/downloads/223-avast-home-edition.html

Because of reported security issues, I do not use Outlook, so others will need to assist you there.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-on-xp-sp3.129345/
Relevancy 15.05%

Hello... I'm new here.

I was using my laptop and there were updates. So I installed them before shutting down... but after I checked up on it again, there was a BSOD. The error was Stop Error 000000050: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA. Somebody help me please. My laptop is a Toshiba Satellite A215-S4747.

Thank you

A:Toshiba Laptop BSOD

Re: 0x50 errors

Defective memory (including main memory, L2 RAM cache, video RAM) or incompatible software (including remote control and antivirus software) might cause Stop 0x50 messages.

Possible Resolutions:

? If you added new hardware recently, remove and replace the hardware to determine if it is causing or contributing to the problem. Run diagnostics software supplied by the hardware manufacturer to determine if the component has failed.

? Stop 0x50 messages can also occur after installing faulty drivers or system services. If the file name is listed, you need to disable, remove, or roll back that driver. If not, disable the recently installed service or application to determine if this resolves the error. If this does not resolve the problem, contact the hardware manufacturer for updates. Using updated drivers and software is especially important for network interface cards, video adapters, backup programs, multimedia applications, antivirus scanners, and CD mastering tools. If an updated driver is not available, attempt to use a driver from a similar device in the same family. For example, if printing to a Model 1100C printer causes Stop 0x50 errors, using a printer driver meant for a Model 1100A or Model 1000 might temporarily resolve the problem.Click to expand...

Can you boot to safe mode? (f8 after power up - and after bios password if enabled).
From safe mode, right click on my computer, click on properties, click on "hardware" tab, click on "device manager" button.
Check for yellow or red flags... roll back drivers these drivers if possible.

I would like for you to check for memory errors as well...
Use Memtest... See this tutorial... http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html

Since these errors can have many causes...
I would like for you also to go to the Virus and Malware board, and follow carefully the 8 steps.
See here http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic58138.html

Until we can get a stable system for you, you may need to download the tools to another computer, and then burn them to a cd for use on the Toshiba.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-laptop-bsod.129164/
Relevancy 14.62%

Hi

When I try to use winrar to unrar a compressed file or something like that, it appears de blue screen and I hear the sound of the hard disk powering down I think (it's the same noise that the hard drive makes when I turn off my computer)

This problem started few days ago when I installed Jdownloader but I don't thing that the problem is related to it.

History: a year ago I got 2 hard drives in raid 1 mode and they failed but the disks are ok. I think that failed the motherboard's raid controller or disk controller. I've got the same mother with a diferent hard disk for a year ago.

Please help!

thanks
August

A:Bsod, Kernel Stack Input Error

Sounds like a memory problem... Test the system memory

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-kernel-stack-input-error.129257/
Relevancy 14.62%

i am having a little bit of an inconvenience with this pesky bsod error message it reads hardware malfunction call your hardware vendor for support NMI Parity check memory parity error the system has halted i have been skimming through forum threads from around of people having a similar problem but they all had dells and it occurred mostly in laptops i have got a heavily modded hp d small form factor desktop in fact the malfunction error hardware Bsod only thing i have that has anything to do with dell is my two monitors and a little CAT wired network Bsod hardware malfunction error pci adapter i installed a gig of ddr Kingston ram a agp video card and that dell net adapter all at the same time the problem started happening like a couple of weeks after that the old thread that i found is pages long and i haven t had time to read the whole thing i think it is that netcard but i dont want to open up my case take it out and the problem still occur so i wanted to know if anyone knew whether it is or isn t the problem b c like i said i upgraded other stuff at the same time thanks zach nbsp

A:Bsod hardware malfunction error

The parity check error is a likely pointer to defective (or poorly seated) memory,
Please run memtest... See this tutorial... http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html

Note that memtest should be allowed to run a minimum of 7 full passes. Each pass has eight tests of inclreasing complexity. This means that it will run a while. Allowing it to run overnight should give it enough time. Since it runs from its own environment, windows bsod will not be a problem. Any errors means you have one or more defective memory modules. If you find errors, you may wish to run Memtest on each module. If you bought the memory as a kit, you will likely need to RMA both modules.

Please also include some of your minidumps as attachments to your next post.
The name and model of your MB would also help. Some MB's are notoriously touchy about the ram that you use. If your Kingston ram is not on the MB maker's list for your board, this may be the problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-hardware-malfunction-error.129155/
Relevancy 15.05%

Hi,

I've been playing EVE online on my HP510 fine for several months when all of a sudden I am getting a blue screen with reference to Page in non paged area - further down the screen it mentions ialmdev5.dll. The machine uses a Mobile Intel 915GM/GMS 910GML Express Chipset for it's graphics and has worked fine the last couple of months.

I have downloaded the latest drivers from the HP site site, and have run 3x different memory test programmes - none of which found an error since I understand there can be RAM issues which cause this.

I am a little confused what could suddenly stp the thig from working - there was no patch and I have not installed new software,

I'm at a bit of a loss what to do now - any ideas or help?

A:BSOD - possible graphics problem?

ialmdev5.dll is an intel chipset driver. Go to HP's support site under your computers model and download and install the Intel Chipset drivers

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-possible-graphics-problem.128495/
Relevancy 15.05%

Hey people Now i know theres probably alot of threads on this topic already but this problem is a Just sick bsod problem - this ATI of about little different to what people have been describing I just helped my friend build his computer and i recommended all the pieces and put it all together installed everything etc Anyway about - minutes into a game it ll crash to the bsod Here s the interesting bit I used to have an ati card myself and it would do the exact same thing with every game i played My friends on the other hand so far its only doing it on NFS - Undercover and the latest Prince of Persia My hypothesis is the game loads into the ram but somehow or another the ati drivers do something crazy and stop unused data from being discarded Just about sick of this problem - ATI bsod out of the ram so it fills up the ram Just about sick of this problem - ATI bsod then the pagefile then crashes to bsod Thats my theory If anyone has any idea of what Just about sick of this problem - ATI bsod the hell is going on here it ll be greatly appreciated Here s his pc s specs case - nzxt tempest psu - antec truepower quattro w mobo - asus m a deluxe cpu - amd phenom am ghz ram - corsair ddr x gb mhz model no AL-TWIN X - C DF graphics - gigabyte hd hhd - seagate barracuda tb os - windows vista ultimate x sp I came to that hypothesis because when i had my ati card depending on the amount of ram the game used greatly factored how long it would take to crash to bsod I ve been looking around and so far i ve found these theories of how to fix it ati drivers werent tested properly on -bit vista the latest CCC drivers screw up big-time its dodgy memory There s alot more i could list but they re just a load of crap i m pretty damn sure its not the memory since we played crysis warhead on it for hours straight It could be the CCC but i dont think it is if it was i think it d be more of a driver problem then anything else which means uninstalling CCC won t make a difference I m really thinking it s a vista -bit problem but i cant find out until he brings the comptuer back over to my house So does anyone think they know whats going on here I m not a junior in computer repair i ve built and repaired plenty of laptops and computers to know what i m doing but i ve never needed to use a debug program so i might need some insight into how to do that if anyone needs a debug report or whatever Again thanks nbsp

A:Just about sick of this problem - ATI bsod

Try updating the ASUS motherboards bios

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/just-about-sick-of-this-problem-ati-bsod.128178/
Relevancy 14.62%

After fitting 8gb of crucial ram in my pc, i went back to crucials website to try out the memory scanner tool just out of curiosity. As soon as i try to run it it gives me an instant BSOD!! This happens on my brothers pc also. He has 8gb of diffrent brand ram. Any one else have/had this problem?

Its not really a big issue, im just curious.

A:Crucial memory scanner BSOD

Does this really matter? If everthing else works ok...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/crucial-memory-scanner-bsod.128140/
Relevancy 15.05%

hey guys...

i hope you guys can help me....i'm really having a hard time figuring out why pc goes blue screen of death whenever i play with garena(gg client)....when i had vista...it always crashes(bsod) even on 1v1!!!!i switched to xp and it still crashes 6 out of 10 times.....but when i play on my own...it doesnt bsod... the worst thing it can do is shut the program....only happens rarely.....

i have a laptop computer with:

T2050 1.6 ghz
2gb ram
intel gma 950

i hope you guys can help me with my problem.....thanks!!!

A:BSOD on warcraft dota?

The laptop may be overheating...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-on-warcraft-dota.128090/
Relevancy 15.05%

Wondering if anyone can help figure out why I'm getting this error.
Stop 0x0000008E(0x00000092,0xA65CDFEC,0xBA4D3BC8,0x00000000)
CHDAU32.sys Address A65CDFEC base at A65BD000
DATE STAMP 4851C198
My laptop is a Lenovo Thinkpad T400 model 2765T6U. I purchased it in January of this year and I'm upset that there is already a major error.

Other specs: Intel Core 2 Duo P8400 @2.26Ghz with Intel Turbo Memory (2GB)
Cache Memory L2 Cache 3MB
Ram: 2GB DDR3 SDRAM 1066mhz PC2-8500
HD 160GB 7200 rpm
Graphics Card: ATI Mobility Radeon HD3470

Since it was just purchased there have been no hardware changes. Thanks for the help.

A:Help with BSOD

Read: All about Minidumps and diagnosing them

Please check: Start-> Run-> C:\Windows\Minidump
For any Minidumps to Attach

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-bsod.127861/
Relevancy 15.05%

Got BSOD with xcfe.sys address 93606F02 base at 93605000 datestamp 4899d276.

I am currently not able to get computer to post at all no other issues before hand

7750 Kuma
780g FullHD ASROCK
4670 Radeon
4GB (2X2GB) OCZ Ram
Vista Ultimate

A:Xcfe.sys BSOD

No idea what that is. Is the CPU fan running and can you hear the hard drive spinning? Remove all peripherals inside the computer (if it's not a laptop) then put them in one at a time, turning off the computer before installing the next peripheral, then on again etc. If the computer works without one of the devices then you found the culprit. Do the same with the RAM if you have more than one module. Could be a number of things. Also test the power supply with a multimeter or power supply tester. Let us know?!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/xcfe-sys-bsod.127588/
Relevancy 37.41%

Hi I got a new Inspiron laptop just a couple of days ago Its a T C D Ghz processor intel chipset with integrated graphics gb ram I had to reinstall vista after it went into Multiple BSOD a continuous loop - configuring updates shutting down confiiguring updates - after some windows updates None of the windows startup repair options worked Now after the reintall I am getting a lot of BSODs errors shown are IRQL Multiple BSOD NOT LESS OR EQUAL MEMORY MANAGEMENT REGISTRY ERROR and PAGE FAULT IN NON PAGED AREA most common being memory mgmt chkdsk shows no errors the memory test in the startup repair shows hardware errors with a msg that I need to contact the manufacturer Have updated all drivers and the bios but all that has changed is that the number of bsod instances have reduced from per hr to or Also in several instances the BSOD is preceded by services such as RPC Bluetooth wireless shutting down with the event viewer showing registry is corrupted Not sure what the problem is though have a feeling its something to do with a faulty RAM nbsp

A:Multiple BSOD

If you want to test your RAM use memtest:

1. Go to www.memtest.org and download the latest ISO version. It is free and perfectly safe.

2. Burn to a CD.

3. Place CD in your drive and reboot with CD in drive. (You might have to place your drive as first bootable in your BIOS) The test will take over.

4. Let it run for a LONG time. The rule is a minimum of 7 Passes. There are 8 individual tests per Pass. Many people will start this test before going to bed and check it the next day.

5. If you have errors you have corrupted memory and it needs to be replaced.

6. Also, with errors you need to run this test per stick of RAM. Take out one and run the test. Then take that one out and put the other in and run the test. If you start getting errors before 7 Passes you know that stick is corrupted and you don?t need to run the test any further on that stick.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/multiple-bsod.124531/
Relevancy 15.05%

Im working on my friends computer and it keeps crashing Specs MSI MS- Ver Intel Celeron Ghz MB Kingston PC New nVidia GeForce Mb AGP x GB Hitachi Hard Drive Sony DVD CD Burner watt Thermaltake PSU At first the on-board VGA stopped working I replaced it with a even reformat BSOD after Random AGP card and it worked fine for a month before it started having problems The original of the original ram sticks in bank stopped working Kept getting random BSOD s so I tossed the old Random BSOD even after reformat ram and left in the new Kingston stick Installed the new stick and it still BSOD s randomly They were very random but I got one written down x E xC x xB x IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL I thought Ram So I ran the stick on both DIMM slots with memtest multiple times and it found NO errors CPU temp oC at idle Random BSOD even after reformat cleaned heatsink applied AS still BSOD Next I broke the system down to the basics PSU CPU RAM Video card HD CD drive STILL BSOD Next I swapped out the PSU still BSOD Test hard drive with HDAT Hitachi drive fitness passed Reformat HD and reinstall Xp Pro not loading any Mobo drivers still BSOD Installed Mobo drivers minus nVidia drivers still BSOD Removed front panel USB connectors Swapped HD full format reinstall OS still BSOD Swapped Video card still BSOD BIOS is up to date only add-in card is the Video card I am at a loss spending wayy too much time on this thing Any help would be appreciated I know mini-dump files would be some help but I just re-formatted the HD again and havent reloaded the OS yet and im beat for now The only things I havent crossed out are the CPU and Mobo Are there any DOS based programs that I can use to test it The only boot disk I have ATM is Hirens Im guessing the Mobo may have crapped out especially since the on-board Video broke The on-board LAN works intermittently The system was built by another dude two years ago I dont see any damge on the Mobo Please help Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Random BSOD even after reformat

Sounds like the Chipset is knackered to be honest, it seems to be having problems across the entire spectrum, so I'd say it's the motherboard.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/random-bsod-even-after-reformat.126725/
Relevancy 15.05%

Hi all well i m hoping you guys can help I have recently purchased a new system i GTX and Msi Pro mobo with some ram of course I m getting random BSODs From what I can tell anyway I performed the memtest thingy all night last night with no errors I first installed XP sp on it and started getting BSOD randomly so I installed help new i7 Pro BSOD GTX260 MSI Windows bit which I have on it now however the same thing is BSOD new i7 GTX260 MSI Pro help happening I m usually quite good with these BSOD new i7 GTX260 MSI Pro help things but this time i need help I ve done the searches on the net but to no avail I dont know where to go next I m considering buying a test vid card for bucks just so see if it still happens with it installed but dont really want to Oh some specs Inno d GTX drivers - not oc d Corsair HX psu i - stock speed not OC d in any way MSI pro x -latest Bios crappy kingston gb ram all they had at the time Win Bit - fresh install build x WD Gb hdds in Raid Antec case As far as I can tell the ram is ok I ve tried changing the pci slot that the vid card is in but same thing Latest nvidia drvs for Win bit Hope to hear from you all soon nbsp

A:BSOD new i7 GTX260 MSI Pro help

hi wolf

Please upload your minidumps so we can have them analysed.

Spyder_1386

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-new-i7-gtx260-msi-pro-help.126116/
Relevancy 15.05%

I keep getting BSODs with either DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL or PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA.

Ive have attached two of the latest minidumps

A:BSOD - PAGE_FAULT and DRIVER_IRQL

System specs including OS & SP would help. I am looking at a dump right now, assuming XP sp3
Your error on the second dump was 0x50 ...
But the Widbg report points to Vista... so you are not running XP...
I suspect this information is still valid.

This kind of error is usually associated with a memory problem.
Download Memtest86+ from www.memtest.org
Let it run for at least seven passes and see what it comes up with.
There are 8 tests per pass, and it will take a while...
If you start getting errors, you can stop, and remove one stick ... test the sticks one at a time to isolate the issue.
If your memory comes up clean, we can explore other options, but this is the likely place to start.

From MS

These errors may be caused by one or more of the following:

* Hardware failure (memory, processor, or motherboard).
* Anti-virus software that is running on your computer.
* Drivers installed by third-party software.

RESOLUTION
To resolve these behaviors, perform one or more of the following: Replace the f...
To resolve these behaviors, perform one or more of the following:

* Replace the faulty hardware. You may be able to determine the faulty hardware by running diagnostics provided by the manufacturer. Please contact the hardware manufacturer for more information.
* Disable any anti-virus software that is running on your computer. If the STOP errors no longer occur, contact the anti-virus software manufacturer about a possible upgrade.
* Disable any third-party drivers that may be running. If the STOP errors no longer occur, contact the third-party manufacturer about a possible upgrade.Click to expand...

Your first dump showed a different error.... 0xD1 error and these are almost always caused by faulty drivers/buggy software.
the analysis points to ntoskrnl.exe which is too general to help. In another case, video drivers were at issue...

Questions...
Are your video drivers updated?
Did your issues begin after starting some new activity? (like a new Game perhaps?)
Since both errors (0x50 and 0xD1) can point at drivers, this might be the place to start.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-page_fault-and-driver_irql.126443/
Relevancy 15.05%

This is a problem I ve been having for some months now I ve tried to troubleshoot my entire computer from day one and I ve gotten rid of lots of different problems One problem remains wont BSOD after PC boot though Some times often during the night or other times where I m AFK for a longer period of time - hours maybe shorter I get an ugly BSOD on my screen After this BSOD my computer wont boot In order to make the computer boot up I have to manually flash the BIOS something that gets very annoying in the long run What happens is I shut it down removing the BSOD I then turn it back on but no components are responding The screen is black gets no signal the keyboard has no signal the num- and capslock lights doesn t respond and the mouse s lazer is off I can t hear the HDD working either Has anyone got any idea what is going on PC wont boot after BSOD The BSOD BCCode returned is as follows BCCode c BCP C E BCP C BCP B BCP OSVer SP Product The quot BCCode C quot error is not familiar to me I can t even figure out what it is using Google so I guess this is sort of a last resort I would also like to know what Product is This product ID has appeared on every BSOD error I have gotten so that would probably help out a lot I hope some of you can help it would be greatly appreciated Specs Corsair Powersupply W Black ATX EPS MSI P Platinum Corsair Dominator TWIN X C D MB Intel Core Duo E GHz HIS Radeon HD MB IceQ nbsp

A:PC wont boot after BSOD

"I have to manually flash the BIOS"...

Do you actually mean "reset" the bios?

Does the computer keep the correct time when it is running? The CMOS battery may be dead or the motherboard is defective

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-wont-boot-after-bsod.126362/
Relevancy 14.62%

hi all Recently i have been having problems with my geforce gt agp video card In games mostly ut k after a while the computer will freeze for about seconds then crash with a bsod saying that my video bsod loop 6600gt with Infinite driver was caught in an Infinite loop bsod with 6600gt infinite loop I am using driver version These drivers use to work perfectly with this card I have been using them for months and had no problems until recently I heard that these are the best drivers for this card I tried reinstalling the video drivers which worked for about an hour but then it crashed again After uninstalling the drivers i made sure every trace of the old install was gone by using driver cleaner pro so the drivers shouldn t be corrupt or conflicting with something Ive also tried other driver versions but they had the same issues The card does not seem to be overheating At the time it crashed the temp measured degrees Could this be an issue with my video card Could it have something wrong with it Or am i overlooking something here Thanks Nissanman nbsp

A:Infinite loop bsod with 6600gt

If you've already tried Driver Cleaner Pro, perhaps giving Driver Sweeper a try might produce better results. It's a very similar program, but I've used it many times and I've found, on some occasions, it to work a little better than Cleaner. Have you recently patched the game or downloaded any additional content for it. Have you tried reinstalling the game? 66 degrees is a little toasty, but it shouldn't crash the card unless the thermal is starting to lose its heat dissipation. You could always reapply some thermal compound, like Arctic Silver, to the core and see what happens. If you have the fan running at stock speeds, you can download RivaTuner to adjust it during games. Usually, a game will start to lag a bit, there may be some artifacts, and then it will quit if the video card is overheating. A BSOD is usually the product of misconfigured or incompatible software (i.e. the display driver). In your case, it's the configuration.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/infinite-loop-bsod-with-6600gt.124560/
Relevancy 15.05%

I have a problem with a pretty old sistem: spontaneous restarts and BSODs.
I formatted and reinstalled the OS,
I tested the RAM with MEMTEST86(no problem),
I tested the HARD DISK(no problem),
I changed the IDE cable,
I changed the power supply(500w),
I changed the Video and the problem persists.

my sistem :
- amd sempron 1800+
- 512 MB RAM pc3200
- asus a7n8x
- nvidia nforce fx5200
- dvdrw teac
- hdd western digital 200gb

I forgot to mention that sometimes i receive the message :"Warning!cpu overspeed!" when BIOS performs the "system inventory" and sometimes my cpu figures "1150Mhz", altough sometimes my cpu figures "1800+".

I hope you can help me with some advices.Sorry for my bad english.

A:Bsod, restarts - please help

Your motherboard is old. It might have some bulging capacitors around the CPU. Be prepared to buy a new motherboard, CPU, video card and memory... Or save for an entirely new computer

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-restarts-please-help.125768/
Relevancy 14.62%

I can t seem to get my cpu past ghz without getting bsod right after the windows loading screen Is it just my rigs limit or is there any way to get it past ghz My specs are motherboard ga-m sli-s rev cpu amd athlon windsor ram becuase wintec is a quot registered dealer of aeneon memory quot i have gb sticks of wintec ampx ddr and gb sticks of aeneon ddr that say wintec ampx on them psu bfg tech LS- os windows vista bit home basic oem The multiplier is at and I cannot get the cpu or is it really the fsb but my bios says cpu past without a crash at the windows loading screen and I have tried changing the cpu voltage a little but not the memory voltage My temperature never gets past c with the cpu or is it the fsb at during stability tests I noticed in easy tune it says that my ram has been overclocked as well is that why its been crashing Here is a picture of my bios overclocking options http i photobucket com albums oo giganotasaurus bios overclocking jpg nbsp

A:Can't get CPU past 3ghz without bsod after windows loading screen

You might be able to get to higher speeds by pushing the CPU voltage, but that would make it run hotter. Core temperature scales in a linear fashion as core speed in MHz is increased, but core temperature scales geometrically when voltage is increased. In addition to higher temps, voltage increases reduce the life of the CPU. So basically I'm saying bump the voltage (at your own risk).

Make sure you're not FSB or memory limited by putting the CPU multiplier as high as it goes and the memory at the lowest possible speed. Put memory voltage to ~2.1v. I don't remember much about overclocking AMDs besides that basic kind of stuff.

According to The Overclocking World Record Database, the world record for Athlon 64 X2 5600+ Windsor core is 4151.4 MHz with a 1.68v core voltage. Setting your CPU to this sort of voltage is likely dangerous, but I'm just throwing that out there for you to show that 3 GHz is not the limit of these CPUs. Your particular chip might not clock any higher though so don't get excited

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-get-cpu-past-3ghz-without-bsod-after-windows-loading-screen.125423/