Windows Support Forum

BSOD Memory Management and Bad Pool Header

Q: BSOD Memory Management and Bad Pool Header

Hello and thank you in advance for any help with this and all the great info in the forums that has helped me in the past.

Problem is, built a new system, mobo, ram, cru. power supply all new. Runs pretty good but highly unstable,
Anyway, the BSOD seems to happen mostly while doing updates to either windows or drivers. I suspect something to do with the ATI driver that came with mobo but i'm at a loss here as i got same bad pool header or memory management BSOD during fresh install.
Ran MemTest 11 passes 0 Errors.

Thank you again

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: BSOD Memory Management and Bad Pool Header

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: BSOD Memory Management and Bad Pool Header

Hello Darkrelik and welcome to Sevenforums.

Things we need
A nfo file

Quote:
To get this: Start Menu -> Type msinfo32 into the Search programs and files box -> When it opens, go to File, Save -> Save as msinfo32.nfo and save in a place you will remember -> Let it finish the process of gathering and saving the system info -> Right click the .nfo file, click send to compressed (zipped) folder -> Upload the .zip file here.

BSOD Analyse

Make sure that your pins on the cooler is all the way in. It seems like the pooler turned bad. Have you installed anything additionally such as software?

Code:
BAD_POOL_HEADER (19)
The pool is already corrupt at the time of the current request.
This may or may not be due to the caller.
The internal pool links must be walked to figure out a possible cause of
the problem, and then special pool applied to the suspect tags or the driver
verifier to a suspect driver.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000020, a pool block header size is corrupt.
Arg2: fffff8a00c34d2a0, The pool entry we were looking for within the page.
Arg3: fffff8a00c34d310, The next pool entry.
Arg4: 0000000005070207, (reserved)
Debugging Details:
------------------
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x19_20
POOL_ADDRESS: fffff8a00c34d2a0
CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT
PROCESS_NAME: poqexec.exe
Best Regards,
Frederik.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/246021-bsod-memory-management-bad-pool-header.html
Relevancy 91.76%

I have been getting some BSOD's for the past month or so. These are the three errors that I have received ... Memory Management, PFN_List_Corrupt and Bad Pool Header.

To try and solve the problem I have so far swapped the hard drive and reinstalled the OS (Win7 64). I also ran Memtest 86 on my ram. It ran all night and didn't find anything but I am thinking that perhaps I should test it one chip at a time. I have 3 4GB sticks of Tri channel memory so that is why I am thinking maybe they should be tested individually.

It is possible it is a driver but I have a pretty vanilla set up so I am a bit lost. I really hope it isn't a motherboard at this point. I am pretty tech savvy but I am struggling so I came here to beg for your wisdom.

I attached the dump file as directed.
Thanks!

A:BSOD Memory Management, PFN_List_Corrupt and Bad Pool Header

Hi,

The bugchecks you're getting mostly refer to memory. So go ahead and test the sticks individually on different slots and let us know the results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/260329-bsod-memory-management-pfn_list_corrupt-bad-pool-header.html
Relevancy 91.76%

First post here let me know if I need to include anything else and thanks in advance I have been getting memory management BSODs left and right but I have seen a kernal security check failure and a bad pool header This has been happening since before I upgraded from to so I'm guessing it's hardware In Win I started getting BSODs mainly while playing games Management, also + Kernal mostly BSOD: Memory Pool Header since that is what I use it for mostly Chrome also crashed a lot I figured I put something on there I shouldn't have so I decided to wipe it and start fresh with a my student copy of Win With a clean slate SSD and HDD formatted the problem was still there However in Win I could see that it was a memory management error I looked it up and learned about checking my RAM so I ran Windows Memory Diagnostic which didn't find any error and memtest which crashed every time Tested my RAM in another system and it passed Long story short after RMAs and sending parts in I'm sitting with a new motherboard and cpu and the problem is still there Components and what if anything I've done to BSOD: mostly Memory Management, also Kernal + Pool Header test them Old CPU AMD FX- Current CPU AMD FX- brand new With the new cpu but old motherboard memtest still crashed Old Motherboard Gigabyte GA- XA-UD Current Motherboard ASRock Fatali ty FX Killer brand new After swapping the motherboard memtest now completes GPU ASUS EAH DC DIS GD V Radeon HD I don't know how to test this I made sure the drivers were up to date PSU Cooler Master GX - W Used a DMM to test every pin it works fine I also tried putting another psu in from a different working system and the BSOD: mostly Memory Management, also Kernal + Pool Header problem persists RAM G SKILL Ripjaws Series GB BSOD: mostly Memory Management, also Kernal + Pool Header x GB DDR Passes windows memory diagnostic and memtest SSD OCZ Agility AGT - SAT - G HDD Seagate Barracuda Green ST DL TB RPM Disk check doesn't show anything wrong with these I was able to update the firmware on the SSD but trying to update the HDD crashed I've tried disconnecting each one to use only the other but the problem persists Optical Drive Samsung X DVD Burner SATA Model SH- BB BEBE - OEM don't know if this matters but it's connected so maybe I have attached the zip file from the SF Debug Tool I can add some MEMORY dmp files and minidump files if that will help Again let me know if I need to do something differently And thanks for the help

A:BSOD: mostly Memory Management, also Kernal + Pool Header

This might be a stupid question to ask, but have you tested each stick separately for at least eight passes using Memtest86+?
RAM - Test with Memtest86+ - Windows 7 Help Forums

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/60880-bsod-mostly-memory-management-also-kernal-pool-header.html
Relevancy 91.76%

Hi all i will try and type this as fast as i can before it crashes. lol

Ive ran memtest and chkdsk with 0 errors found. I also did a malwarebytes scan and have a clean bill of health.

Ive been getting them for the past week with different errors. Hope fully someone can help me with this as its driving me crazy!!

Sorry for being short just need to post before it crashes, it happened once already.

Thanks in advance

ooops forgot i attached the zip too.
Thank you!

A:Many different BSOD's. Memory management, bad pool header, chkdsk etc.

Hi RugerBaby.

The zip is incomplete. Please try SF Diag Tool and upload the resulting zip with your reply post.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/370709-many-different-bsods-memory-management-bad-pool-header-chkdsk-etc.html
Relevancy 90.83%

Hey, I've been getting these two error messages and a third that comes up rarely [if I remembered I would tell you]. If you can help me solve my problems that would be I would be eternally grateful.

A:BSOD Memory management and bad pool header no specific trigger

Memtest86+
Run Memtest86+ for at least 8-10 passes. It may take up to 20 passes to find problems. Make sure to run it once after the system has been on for a few hours and is warm, and then also run it again when the system has been off for a few hours and is cold. How to Test and Diagnose RAM Issues with Memtest86+

Note
Pay close attention to part 3 of the tutorial in order to rule the faulty RAM stick out.

Tip
Do this test overnight.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/290211-bsod-memory-management-bad-pool-header-no-specific-trigger.html
Relevancy 90.83%

Hi I recently have been having constant BSODs within the past month or so that at first seemed graphics related I am not sure what the problem BSOD Header) Pool Recent errors Management/Bad (Memory is but any assistance would be greatly appreciated Specs OS Windows Ultimate x SP MB ASUS M A XTD EVO AM CPU Recent BSOD errors (Memory Management/Bad Pool Header) AMD Phenom II x Deneb GHz RAM GB G Skill Ripjaw Series DDR x GB Originally GB See Below VID Sapphire RADEON HD GB HDD GB Hitachi SATA Primary TB WD Sata Secondary PSU Thermaltake Toughpower W PSU Originally I had thought this to be a graphics card issue because I had Recent BSOD errors (Memory Management/Bad Pool Header) a prior GeForce GTX die on me It was replaced by a GeForce GTX Superclocked and I was still experiencing BSODs After that I ran Memtest to test my ram and it came back with no errors I only ran the test for a few hours so I am wondering if I did not test thoroughly I ended up purchasing another GB and just replacing the original RAM The machine still continued to blue screen so I figured it wasn't a memory problem and installed the original GB of RAM I am still continuing to receive x A Memory Management and Bad Pool Header errors Any help that I could get would be greatly appreciated

A:Recent BSOD errors (Memory Management/Bad Pool Header)

Typical Memtest86+ runs should be done with at least 7 consecutive passes.

Nothing here is conclusive so far. I recommend you start Driver Verifier to see if it's driver related.

So far my biggest suspicion is hardware. One of the crashes mentioned code corruption where one solitary bit was lost. Often memory failure is not the cause of solitary bit problems, but they still have the potential to do so, in which case you'll want to run Memtest more. Usually, however, this is caused by either a failing Motherboard, CPU or PSU, or one of the components are overheating.

You can check with overheating using HWInfo with Sensors only enabled. Log two 30 minute sessions: one for idle, and one for high load (gaming, benchmarks, etc.). Send to use for viewing.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/recent-bsod-errors-memory-management-bad-pool-header-623763.html
Relevancy 90.83%

I built a computer last week and everything seemed to be going fine until earlier this week when I had a BSOD while surfing the internet and running Folding Home on my CPU and GPU I didn't BSOD Memory Page Fault Pool Bad Management, Header, think much of it until I got another BSOD the next day maybe while playing DiRT The first two BSOD's gave me the Memory Management error so I downloaded Memtest and ran passes with no errors I then got another BSOD while trying to play the Kerbal Space Program Demo and running F H on both the CPU and GPU This gave me the quot Bad Pool Header quot error I tried several things after this BSOD including flashing the motherboard BIOS to a newer version and uninstalling and reinstalling my video card drivers I also ran a GPU memory stress test and a minute Furmark stress test on the GPU thinking BSOD Memory Management, Bad Pool Header, Page Fault it might be my problem No issues I booted up the computer today thinking that my problems might be solved and left the computer running all day with F H on full on the CPU BSOD Memory Management, Bad Pool Header, Page Fault and GPU I started the KSP Demo again and got the Page Fault BSOD within about seconds of opening the game I'm at a loss as to what to do next Thanks for taking the time to read through my issues and a big thanks for any help you can give

A:BSOD Memory Management, Bad Pool Header, Page Fault

Hi waharvey.

Before doing anything else, uninstall AVG following http://www.avg.com/us-en/utilities. Use Microsoft Security Essentials as your antivirus with windows inbuilt firewall, and free MBAM as the on demand scanner.

Download, install and update those, and then run full system scans with both of them, one by one; as the installed antivirus is failing.

Let us know the results. Will decide about the further steps after seeing it.

Code:
BugCheck 19, {3, fffffa8006662d80, 0, 0}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for avgmfx64.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for avgmfx64.sys
Probably caused by : Pool_Corruption ( nt!ExDeferredFreePool+a53 )

Followup: Pool_corruption
---------

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/323599-bsod-memory-management-bad-pool-header-page-fault.html
Relevancy 89.9%

Hey guys i have had this problem for the past week now. These blue screen deaths happen very frequenlty and up to 10 times a day. These happen when im browsing in chrome or it happens right after it started up from a previous bsod.
I can upload the minidump files if you need them (i just need to know where theyre saved though).

A:BSOD Memory management, bad pool header, and Driver irql not less or equal??

Hi,

Please refer to the following and reply accordingly - http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ta-452654.html

Regards,

Patrick

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-memory-management-bad-pool-header-and-driver-irql-not-less-or-equal-703775.html
Relevancy 89.9%

Hello ive built my computer mid december it ran smooth to about may when ive been getting random blue screens of memory management. Then ive been getting other ones like Bad pool header, System service exceptions and something about a list corrupt. I also got a few other but i dont remeber what they were If you can help me thank you very much its been 3 months you dont know how annoyed im getting from this!!!

A:BSOD Memory Management, System Service Exceptions, Bad pool header,etc

Seems to be memory related.

Run for 8 passes.
Then test each stick in a good slot for 6 passes.
If you have dual channel, the results may be incorrect, if shows pass.
Guide to using Memtest86+ - Geeks to Go Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/249436-bsod-memory-management-system-service-exceptions-bad-pool-header-etc.html
Relevancy 82.15%

Hi, I have not installed any new hardware nor made any (as I can recall) significant changes software-wise. Nevertheless the last couple days my work at the computer has been interrupted by various BSODs. I have looked around on the internet for a fix for my problems but have not encounterd anything that helped me. Any help is greatly apreciated!

A:Various BSODs the last day, Memory management, bad pool header etc..

Hi Radanle.

Free up the startup. Windows does not need any other program to auto start with it, but the auto start programs often conflicts and causes various problems including BSODs.
Click on the Start button
Type ?msconfig (without quotes), click the resulting link. It will open the System Configuration window.
Select the ?Startup? tab.
Deselect all items other than the antivirus, and if you need Speech Recognition there, keep it.
Apply > OK
Accept then restart.
If possible, update the BIOS to Version 1202 dated 2011/10/10 from ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download P6T Deluxe V2.

Code:
BiosVersion = 0504
BiosReleaseDate = 05/19/2009
Test your RAM modules for possible errors.
How to Test and Diagnose RAM Issues with Memtest86+
Run memtest for at least 8 passes, preferably overnight.

If it start showing errors/red lines, stop testing. A single error is enough to determine that something is going bad there.

Let us know the results.
_________________________________________________________________________________________

Code:
BugCheck 19, {3, fffff8a0145d6670, fffff880145d6670, fffff8a0145d6670}

Probably caused by : Pool_Corruption ( nt!ExDeferredFreePool+cbb )

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BugCheck 50, {fffffa80c3352abb, 0, fffff800032ad8b5, 5}
Could not read faulting driver name
Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiAgeWorkingSet+52b )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/312487-various-bsods-last-day-memory-management-bad-pool-header-etc.html
Relevancy 110.51%

I recently built a full computer for the first time and ive been having some random crashes and bsod's. this happens most often when playing games or multitasking. the most frequent is the memory management, mixed with pfn list corrupt, and bad pool header. the program that crashes most frequently is battlefield 3, happens a few times a night at least. shockwave has also been crashing while using chrome.

windows has prompted me several times to do a memory check, which i have, but it says no memory problems found. i burned a disk to check the ram and let it run for about an hour and it found nothing wrong. i did a clean install of windows 7 and made sure my drivers were up to date. same problems happening. if there's any more information i can give just let me know. thanks

any help would really be appreciated!

A:Random, Frequent BSODs. memory management, pfn list, bad pool header

Welcome

BSOD Analyze

Many of your dumps show indefinite cause but one shows problems with Direct X
Source: dxgmms1.sys | DirectX Graphics MMS | Windows Update
BSOD Index Usual causes: Device driver

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 19, {21, fffff8a005467000, 1650, 1550}

Probably caused by : dxgmms1.sys ( dxgmms1!VIDMM_PROCESS_HEAP::Free+7e )

---------

3: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BAD_POOL_HEADER (19)
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000021, the data following the pool block being freed is corrupt. Typically this means the consumer (call stack ) has overrun the block.
Arg2: fffff8a005467000, The pool pointer being freed.
Arg3: 0000000000001650, The number of bytes allocated for the pool block.
Arg4: 0000000000001550, The corrupted value found following the pool block.

Debugging Details:
------------------
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x19_21

POOL_ADDRESS: GetPointerFromAddress: unable to read from fffff80003505100
fffff8a005467000

PROCESS_NAME: bf3.exe

CURRENT_IRQL: 0

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from fffff800034009b2 to fffff800032d61c0

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`0a437fe8 fffff800`034009b2 : 00000000`00000019 00000000`00000021 fffff8a0`05467000 00000000`00001650 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`0a437ff0 fffff800`032df3d4 : 00000000`00000000 fffff8a0`0541ec90 fffffa80`74536d4d fffffa80`00000000 : nt!ExDeferredFreePool+0xfaa
fffff880`0a4380a0 fffff880`0463548e : fffff8a0`0541ec90 fffffa80`0fd7c060 fffffa80`118fec30 00000000`00000000 : nt!ObfDereferenceObject+0xd4
fffff880`0a438100 fffff880`04620b5a : 00000000`00000000 fffff8a0`05392e00 00000000`00000001 00000000`00000000 : dxgmms1!VIDMM_PROCESS_HEAP::Free+0x7e
fffff880`0a438130 fffff880`0461b523 : fffffa80`100496f0 00000000`00000001 fffff8a0`0541ec90 00000000`00000001 : dxgmms1!VIDMM_GLOBAL::CloseLocalAllocation+0x112
fffff880`0a4381e0 fffff880`04601ecc : 00000000`00000000 fffff8a0`00000000 fffffa80`116da000 00000000`00000000 : dxgmms1!VIDMM_GLOBAL::CloseOneAllocation+0x19b
fffff880`0a4382b0 fffff880`04711ccc : 00000000`00000000 fffff8a0`03a03000 fffff8a0`03a03000 00000000`00000001 : dxgmms1!VidMmCloseAllocation+0x44
fffff880`0a4382e0 fffff880`0471165f : fffff8a0`03a03000 fffff8a0`03a04300 fffff8a0`00000000 00000000`00000000 : dxgkrnl!DXGDEVICE::DestroyAllocations+0x248
fffff880`0a4383d0 fffff880`0473f74f : 00000000`00000000 fffff8a0`0af75e40 fffff8a0`043ea2f0 fffff880`0a4387f0 : dxgkrnl!DXGDEVICE::ProcessTerminationList+0xa3
fffff880`0a438420 fffff880`0473ee7b : fffff8a0`00000799 fffff8a0`043ea2f0 fffff880`0a438780 fffff880`0a4387b0 : dxgkrnl!DXGCONTEXT::Present+0x2cb
fffff880`0a438740 fffff960`001f03a8 : fffffa80`0ff5db50 00000000`e6585000 fffff8a0`08649510 fffff8a0`00000010 : dxgkrnl!DxgkPresent+0x543
fffff880`0a438ab0 fffff800`032d5453 : 00000000`04b72348 fffff880`0a438b60 00000000`ffffffff 00000000`... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/251435-random-frequent-bsods-memory-management-pfn-list-bad-pool-header.html
Relevancy 100.19%

Hello guys the last week I ve been strugling with these nasty BSODs At first I thought it was my HDDs as ntoskrn exe somewhat hinted towards that from googling it My HDDs have been causing a lot of trouble earlier as well due "ntoskrnl.exe" header", BSOD management", pool "Bad "Memory - to their somewhat long years of service However I ve recently reformated my computer and installed W on a brand new Corsair Force GT GB SSD hoping the BSODs would go away they didn t I googled BSOD - "Memory management", "Bad pool header", "ntoskrnl.exe" BSOD and I stumbled upon this forum and I thought I d give it a try I m somewhat desperate as I need my computer working for both work school and amusement I ve been trying to run Memtest in order to test my memory BSOD - "Memory management", "Bad pool header", "ntoskrnl.exe" but without any results I m also currently running on only on GB chip instead BSOD - "Memory management", "Bad pool header", "ntoskrnl.exe" of two to see if the problem still exists Also without any results This is the second time I m writing this thread btw I was just about to post it and my PC crashed Here is my two logs dxdiag last crash didn t generate a log oddly enough Here is additional hardware gear that I use Razer Megalodon Headset Razer Naga Logitech G Logitech C Webcam Corsair W PSU My temperatures are also good Both CPU and MB idles at around GPU s all good too I m also using a Corsair D chassi with dustfilters at both air-income so dust is minimal On top off this I use airpressure to clean away dust somewhat regularly and I also did exactly this days ago when I reinstalled the pc Thanks in advance nbsp

A:BSOD - "Memory management", "Bad pool header", "ntoskrnl.exe"

Are you over-clocking? Is the bios set to its defaults? Is the SSD set on a SATA 3 port in AHCI mode?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-memory-management-bad-pool-header-ntoskrnl-exe.182278/
Relevancy 96.75%

Hello everyone,

Looking for some help on these issue. I just built a new system and have been having nothing but crashes. They don't happen when I'm doing anything in particular and sometimes happen right after I boot up. I have windows installed on a SSD drive.

I've tried reinstalling the OS, updated all drivers and BIOS, reseated memory and video card. I've also tried to install windows on a mechanical HDD as well. ntoskernel.exe seems to show up on all the crashes.

I've attached the file, please let me know if any other info is required.

Thanks!

A:BSOD's - MEMORY MANANGEMENT, BAD POOL HEADER, SYSTEM SERVICE EXC, NTFS

Whits

Lets run a memory test

RAM - Test with Memtest86+

If you have more then 1 memory sticks if it fails test every memory stick on every slot .

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/286424-bsods-memory-manangement-bad-pool-header-system-service-exc-ntfs.html
Relevancy 96.75%

Hello,

I have been dealing with all sorts of BSOD's for a long time now and dont have the money to just buy another computer so any help would be nice. They happen at random times ie: playing WoW surfing the internet or just while the computer is inactive. Thanks for any input

A:Multiple BSOD Bad pool header, memory managment, page fault plz help

Welcome
The cause of your BSOD appears to be a driver. Take Verifier test
Driver Verifier
I'd suggest that you first backup your data and then make sure you've got access to another computer so you can contact us if problems arise. Then make a System Restore point (so you can restore the system using the Vista/Windows 7 Startup Repair feature).

In Windows 7 you can make a Startup Repair disk by going to Start....All Programs...Maintenance...Create a System Repair Disc - with Windows Vista you'll have to use your installation disk or the "Repair your computer" option at the top of the Safe Mode menu .

Then, here's the procedure:
- Go to Start and type in "verifier" (without the quotes) and press Enter
- Select "Create custom settings (for code developers)" and click "Next"
- Select "Select individual settings from a full list" and click "Next"
- Select everything EXCEPT FOR "Low Resource Simulation" and click "Next"
- Select "Select driver names from a list" and click "Next"
Then select all drivers NOT provided by Microsoft and click "Next"
- Select "Finish" on the next page.

Reboot the system and wait for it to crash to the Blue Screen. Continue to use your system normally, and if you know what causes the crash, do that repeatedly. The objective here is to get the system to crash because Driver Verifier is stressing the drivers out. If it doesn't crash for you, then let it run for at least 36 hours of continuous operation (an estimate on my part).

If you can't get into Windows because it crashes too soon, try it in Safe Mode.
If you can't get into Safe Mode, try using System Restore from your installation DVD to set the system back to the previous restore point that you created.
Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable

Send all reports of BSODs that occur during the next 36 hours, while using verifier.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/244491-multiple-bsod-bad-pool-header-memory-managment-page-fault-plz-help.html
Relevancy 94.6%

Hello, as my title suggests, I am getting lots of BSOD's and freezing, specifically, I've been getting Bad Pool Caller, Memory Management, Page Fault in Nonpaged area, reference by pointer, and system service exception just to name a few. These crashes and freezes happen at seemingly random times, and do not appear to be related to what I am doing, whether it be browsing the internet or gaming Here are the system specs, bought December 2010, it worked well for the first few months. Of course attracted below is the BSOD dump and system health report. Thanks for any help.

A:Many BSOD's, Bad Pool Caller, Memory Management, and freezing.

Many of these issues are being cause by your ati video card drivers and ati catalyst suite please update them from here:
AMD Graphics Drivers & Software make sure you put in all the right specs.
Also please run Memtest86 and test your ram following this tutorial:
and last please check your disks by running chkdsk to check for any errors.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/184921-many-bsods-bad-pool-caller-memory-management-freezing.html
Relevancy 93.74%

Just bought a used Mem after & management, x64 pool install other header, 7 BSODs bad 'built' computer from a nice on a car forum I'm part of he's been great with contact and with me on this whole journey of problems He never had a single problem with this computer after building it and using it Of course when he Mem management, bad pool header, & other BSODs after 7 x64 install sends off his baby in the mail something happens and now I'm having NUMEROUS problems For a while I was throwing BSODs left and right within seconds of restarts even with the system idling Mem management, bad pool header, & other BSODs after 7 x64 install it would throw BSODs for no apparent reason I was running the main drive which is an SSD in AHCI mode and he mentioned he left the BIOS at default settings so I reset it all to IDE reinstalled windows and my problems have been alleviated but for the past few hours just got this computer last Friday so been trying to get it up and running for work to be done I've been getting quite a few bsods but not nearly as many as before Besides the uploads some other things I've noticed which have been odd opening and closing Java will lock up the system or rather run the i too across the board then I will get a BSOD and a Mem management, bad pool header, & other BSODs after 7 x64 install system restart Sometimes firefox will absolutely randomly crash on me for no reason again when it's idling it just freaks out Twice now I've noticed will drop out of Aero mode and into the 'basic' non-clear graphics and sometimes my wifi card will drop out entirely for a minute or two and act like there isn't one I know a fair amount of computers or rather used to but I'm absolutely no good at debugging or figuring out what is causing BSOD errors or what so hopefully someone here can help me out Thanks windows home premium bit intel i Nvidia GTX corsair gb ram corsair gb ssd amp tb hdd day old windows install with adobe suite only drivers I have installed have been the nvidia graphics driver I let windows choose what I need so far that's been working longest updates have been put on the windows install either Something else to mention I ran memtest for a good hours passes and it came up with errors Hopefully some logs will make sense of the issues I'm having because I have no clue what is causing any of this If you need any other in formation let me know Thanks again for anyone who helps

A:Mem management, bad pool header, & other BSODs after 7 x64 install

Just trying to let the system handle basic things and it's throwing bsods, but at least these are clean ones.

Not sure what the first bsod read, but I KNOW the second one was memory management, was just playing Minecraft and had firefox running in the background; nothing else is going on with the system, I don't understand.

I need this computer to be running solid within two weeks, any help is greatly appreciated.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/226337-mem-management-bad-pool-header-other-bsods-after-7-x64-install.html
Relevancy 92.45%

Hi there I'm not sure where to begin with my troubles so I'm going to list all of them in chronological order I've been having a few BSODs the past two weeks starting with page fault in nonpaged area I left it alone I had installed a game that didn't work graphics card on a laptop isn't so great so I uninstalled it and downloaded new drivers for my graphics card Installed those Got a virus on facebook where Virus Facebook (cleared?); Pool BSOD: Caller Memory Bad and Management a person's account was hacked and they posted a link to a video where there was a virus I got rid of the virus with AVG and by deleting all temporary internet files cookies everything and even scanning my computer with both AdAware and AVG in Safe Mode So I should be clear of the virus except now my firefox doesn't work Whenever I type anything in and Facebook Virus (cleared?); BSOD: Bad Pool Caller and Memory Management push enter nothing happens I can browse though I'm not sure if it's related to the Firefox profile I'm using right now which was infected when with the facebook virus Decided to use System Restore to see if it would cause everything to go back to normal and went back to prior to the installation of the game and getting the virus I'm now faced with two BSODs Bad Pool Caller and Memory Management I get them whenever I'm watching video not youtube on supernovatube Obviously it's not a peripheral problem because I don't have any hooked on except for a USB mouse I ran Memtest last night and things came back clean I've attached the Attach txt file and I can do a Hijackthis run if that's necessary Please help me out I don't want to reformat everything and start all over again

A:Facebook Virus (cleared?); BSOD: Bad Pool Caller and Memory Management

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results, click no to the Optional_ScanFollow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. You can find information on A/V control HEREOrange Blossom

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/225461/facebook-virus-cleared;-bsod-bad-pool-caller-and-memory-management/
Relevancy 92.45%
Relevancy 90.73%

Good day all, I hope someone can help me with a consistent BSOD problem I've had today.

Every time my Steam client starts up and attempts to download its latest update, I get a BSOD with a Bad Pool Caller (one time out of about a dozen crashes it was Bad Pool Header instead). I have tried the Steam support, but their guides are focused on the program crashing, not the whole computer and I have had no luck fixing it there.

I downloaded DM Log Collector and attached my report, but I want to point out now that Windows has not produced dmp files for any of these crashes, even though the correct options are checked in the "Startup and Recovery" settings.

Thank you kindly for any help you can offer.

PS - I'm headed to bed, I'll be back tomorrow around 7am EDT.

A:BSOD on Steam Update, Bad Pool Caller or Bad Pool Header, no dmp files

Make sure your dump logging is enabled.

Quote:
Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
Double-click System.
Click the Advanced tab, and then click Settings under Startup and Recovery.
Check Write an even to the system log, and Automatically restart.
In the Write debugging information list, click Small memory dump (256k).
Location of Dumps:
C:\Windows\minidump

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/338303-bsod-steam-update-bad-pool-caller-bad-pool-header-no-dmp-files.html
Relevancy 84.71%

I have a second hard drive in my PC that only has data on it. All of a sudden when I try to delete files on it I get the BSD. Not all the files, some delete with no issues. Others cause this problem. I have defragged the drive and checked it for errors. I have two of the DMP files that were created but this site says I'm not permitted to upload this kind of file. Can anyone help me?

Thank you!

A:Beginning Dump of Physical Memory - Bad Pool Header

to the Bleeping Community SteveZ73  . I have two of the DMP files If there are latest created minidumps under C:\Windows\Minidump folder, please post the latest dmp logs (atleast 5) by :Note : If dmp logs from minidump folder is not allowed due to security or admin permission problem, disable UAC control temporarilyor see this link.> Highlight (holding ctrl key) and choosing the latest dmp logs by hitting enter or left mouse click.> Right-click and choose send to desktop.> When on desktop, highlight all dmp logs and right-click and send to compressed zipped folder.> Upload and share the link by registering here https://www.box.com/* minidumps log sample 010613 - 16676 -01.dmp -> 01 is for month - 06 for day - 13 is for year.* If you use any 3rd party software such as Ccleaner, please uncheck the minidumps box so as not to remove the dump files next time. Try downloading Speccy and then install the program.  To post and publish a snapshot of your PC.. In the Menu bar, click File -> Publish Snapshot. Click Yes > then Copy to Clipboard. On your next reply, right-click on a empty space and click Paste on reply box then click Post. Download MiniToolBox and run the program. SelectList Last 10 Event Viewers, List Installed Programs and List Users, Partitions and Memory Size then click Go.A notepad will open then copy-paste the report on your next reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/544763/beginning-dump-of-physical-memory-bad-pool-header/
Relevancy 81.27%

I've tested the memory with memtest86, uninstalled recently installed software and updated my drivers with driver reviver. these were the recommendations on other forums and i'm unsure what else i can do to try and fix this.

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/46156-bsod-bad-pool-header.html
Relevancy 81.27%

Hello,

Thank you in advance for all help; it is much appreciated. I like to fall asleep to a movie, so I play a video on VLC. When the video has finished, Sleep# puts the computer to sleep. The next morning, I woke the computer from sleep mode to see the BSOD.

I have tried updating drivers and windows, checking for hard disk errors, and checking for memory problems. Attached is the zip file as requested in thread "BSOD - Posting Instructions"

Any other info needed won't be a problem.

Thank you

A:BSOD - Bad Pool Header

Welcome to SevenForums,

Avast! antivirus often contributes in BSOD-s, please uninstall and replace with Microsoft security essentials. (To test)
avast! Uninstall Utility | Download aswClear for avast! Removal
Recommended antivirus program for Windows 7 based on stability compared to others:- Microsoft Security Essentials - Free Antivirus for Windows
Malwarebytes - The Free version
Good and Free system security combination.
Do not start the free trial of Malware Bytes; remember to deselect that option when prompted.

Run a full scan with both (separately) once downloaded, installed and updated.

Please uninstall Spybot S&D, it;s sometimes known to corrupt and slow down the system.

Code:
Start Menu\Programs\Spybot - Search & Destroy Public:Start Menu\Programs\Spybot - Search & Destroy
How to uninstall | Spybot ?
Removing Spybot - Safer-Networking Forums
Run the System File Checker that scans the of all protected Windows 7 system files and replaces incorrect corrupted, changed/modified, or damaged versions with the correct versions if possible:
SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker
Free up the start-up, nothing except the antivirus is usually needed.
Startup Programs - Change
Troubleshoot Application Conflicts by Performing a Clean Startup
Run Disk Check on your hard disk for file system errors and bad sectors on it:
Disk Check
Daemon Tools:

Please uninstall DAEMON Tools. It uses a driver called sptd.sys which is known to cause BSODs in Windows 7. Uninstall the software using Add/Remove Programs. Reboot the system. Once the program is uninstalled, run sptd.sys uninstaller to remove the driver from your system.

As an alternative, many people recommend the use of Total Mounter or Magic ISO
Let us know the results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/264270-bsod-bad-pool-header.html
Relevancy 81.27%

Hello

I'll upload the debug files to this thread and your help will be much appreciated

Thanks in advance

A:BSOD Bad Pool Header

Back to tell you all that I've solved the problem.It was about driver updates and everything went fine so far

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/364366-bsod-bad-pool-header.html
Relevancy 81.27%

Hello everyone, i need a little help about my issue with this BSOD Bad Pool Header.. i recently reformatted my windows 7 ultimate x64 with clean install.. then when i played a game after 10-30 mins i get this bsod.. im kinda noob at crashing stuffs and i dont know anyone who can help me besides the internet.. so i wish anyone can help me out with this problem.. i know there's a lot of people here who can debug and determine the cause of my issue here.. a little help will be much appreciated.. sorry for my bad english

im using win7 ultimate x64 oem version, and just set up my pc about 3 months ago

i followed the tutorial on posting my bsod so here it is..

Hello there!

Seems like the Minidumps are missing. Follow these steps :

To enable mini-dump:
Right click on My Computer, choose Properties and go to the Advanced system settings;
Hit Settings in the Startup and Recovery box;
Choose Small memory dump in Write debugging information;
Close all the dialog windows by clicking OK buttons;
Reproduce the system crash;
The small dump file will be created in the directory chosen in the Small dump directory box
Also Run Hardware Diagnostic (RAM, GPU and Hard drive) : Hardware Diagnostic | Captain Debugger

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/182594-bsod-bad-pool-header.html
Relevancy 81.27%

I'm using Windows 7 Home Premium Edition Service Pack 1 in 64-bit operating system. My laptop is Acer Aspire 5738 using Intel® Core™ Core 2 Duo T6600 with 4 GB RAM. I had a BSOD randomly appearing yesterday. I was just browsing on my Firefox 10.0.2 when it appeared, and I'm not doing anything else. I didn't installed any software during the previous months. The error code that appears is BAD_POOL_HEADER. I haven't listed the 0x00 something because it automatically restarted after it dump the memory or something. Please help, thanks!

A:BSOD - BAD POOL HEADER

Hello,You really haven't given many details but a quick Google shows that MS has a link that looks like it can help. It includes the list of "0x00" codes you missed so if it occurs again write it down or take a pick with your cell phone. MS_Link Hope this helps.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/445201/bsod-bad-pool-header/
Relevancy 81.27%

I have now had this error twice in the last two times I've used my system. I have not noticed anything out of the ordinary.

There's no zip.
http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/257212-bsod-bad-pool-header.html
Relevancy 81.27%

Hey everyone I've been having issues with this computer for a couple months now Taken in to IT at my school they eventually reformatted the computer because of frequent BSOD problems It used to happen whenever I would have a lot of images on the computer I E every time I would google image search the word quot green quot The blue Header Bad BSOD Pool screen would then pop up and Bad Pool Header BSOD I wouldn't have time to read what the cause was After reformatting it began to blue screen infrequently again and now any time I go to google maps it blue screens The new cause every time is quot Bad Pool Header quot Attached is the info given from quot System quot and quot Minidump quot diagnosis of SF Diagnostic Tool Let me know if I need to provide any more information I have no clue what to do and am stumped - even IT is stumped lol I would love to be able to use this computer again without worrying if it's going to BSOD at any moment Thanks in advance Dan

A:Bad Pool Header BSOD

Dan,
Your crashes were related to RTL8187Se.sys {RTL8187S PCIE NDIS Driver from Semiconductor Corporation}
Update to the latest please.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/217893-bad-pool-header-bsod.html
Relevancy 81.27%

This has happened several times. Usually the only thing I have open is web browsers.

This has happened with Firefox open, but most recently with Chrome open.

I have a Dell Inspiron N7010 with 6 GB RAM
Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 64-bit

Trying to add the zip file with the diagnostic info to the thread.

Attachment 254359

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/277731-bad-pool-header-bsod.html
Relevancy 81.27%

HI! I'm a newbie what do I do about bdod error message bad pool header -----20 ?
Thanks in advance! I have not installed any new hardware

A:bsod bad pool header

1. Have a look at How to ask for help

2. Download and run VistaForums SysInfo Tool, Select All, and Export to a file.

3. Upload the report and the Minidump file(s) that should be in C:\Windows\Minidump

Ed

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/276854-bsod-bad-pool-header.html
Relevancy 81.27%

This is a complete new system that I've put together and recently I've been plagued with a BSOD message as the title describes it A Bad Pool Header I have no idea what is causing it but I have made sure all my drives are up-to-date though I might be wrong and I hope to be wrong As I fear it could be hardware related sigh I'm just stabbing in the dark [BSOD] Header Bad Pool here but my C drive been acting fishy recently making click sounds inside the disk one time queuing [BSOD] Bad Pool Header up a mp it hung for a split second after one click it was completely okay again Another thing is my RAMs isn't triple channel but dual and currently the DIMM is setup like this A A B C On the dimm slots on the motherboard not sure if this has any relation with the error Just don't want to disclose anything out just for the sake of getting my system stable soon as possible Operative System Win x Previous OS Win x Age of System New Age of OS installation Days ago CPU I - Video Card GTX - Nvidia Motherboard Rampage Extreme III - Asus PSU w TX Corsair Looking forward to a solution Thank you

A:[BSOD] Bad Pool Header

Sorry for bumping this thread as I couldn't find the edit post button, but I forgot to mention my OS is infact retail.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-bad-pool-header-533274.html
Relevancy 81.27%

Please advise.
Thanks,
Casualsixtynine

A:BSOD -- Bad Pool Header.

Bump.. Please help, anyone? It's rather important as I use this system for business. Thanks.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/326376-bsod-bad-pool-header.html
Relevancy 81.27%

· OS - Windows 10· x64· What was original installed OS on system? Windows 7· OS is an OEM version (came pre-installed on system) Windows 7· Age of system (hardware) - 5 years· Age of OS installation - Upgraded from stock Windows 7· CPU: AMD Athlon II X4 640 (Propus)· Video Card: AMD Radeon R9 270· MotherBoard - Stock· Power Supply - Stock· System Manufacturer: Dell· Studio XPS 7100· Desktop

I think I solved the issue. PC Doctor scheduled task, noticed the BSOD always occurred at same time of day. Disabled it and hoping for the best.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/617994/bsod-bad-pool-header/
Relevancy 81.27%

Running windows 7 64-bit on a Sony Vaio VGN-Cr590 about 3 years old. I keep getting the BSOD with a BAD_POOL_HEADER message. No clue how to fix. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:BSOD bad pool header

Hi ssjs and welcome to the forum. I looked at your three most recent dumps and all three are Bad Pool Header. This indicates a memory problem, most likely memory corruption. Several things can cause memory corruption, especially outdated drivers. Outdated drivers. One of your dumps indicates netw5v64.sys, your Intel Wireless WiFi Link Driver, as a possible cause. This driver is out of date. Try updating from this link: http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Default.aspx.

I also find the following out of date drivers loaded on your system. Update thiese drivers through the links probided.

Quote:
SFEP.sys Fri Aug 03 01:35:53 2007 - Sony Firmware Extension Parser driver. Sony eSupport - Electronics - Select Your Model. This is an XP driver. Update it.

VSTAZL6.SYS Wed Oct 15 20:53:42 2008 - Conexant SoftK56 Modem Driver. Conexant: Support. Update your Conexant modem drivers. They are obsolete. If you cannot update them, uninstall the modem.

VSTCNXT6.SYS Wed Oct 15 20:52:22 2008 - Conexant SoftK56 Modem Driver. Conexant: Support. See above.

VSTDPV6.SYS Wed Oct 15 20:57:45 2008 - Conexant SoftK56 Modem Driver. Conexant: Support. See above.

Update your wireless driver and take care of the drivers above. Reboot and let's see if your system is more stable. Post back and let us know. If you get another BSOD, upload it and we will go from there.

Code:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7600 MP (2 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS Personal
Built by: 7600.16617.amd64fre.win7_gdr.100618-1621
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`02a5b000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`02c98e50
Debug session time: Wed Dec 22 14:01:54.231 2010 (GMT-5)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:04:14.963
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 19, {3, fffff80002c5b980, d25b7dab89c1fba5, 20fb2f9213e27eb5}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\netw5v64.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for netw5v64.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for netw5v64.sys
Probably caused by : Pool_Corruption ( nt!ExDeferredFreePool+a56 )

---------

0: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BAD_POOL_HEADER (19)
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000003, the pool freelist is corrupt.
Arg2: fffff80002c5b980, the pool entry being checked.
Arg3: d25b7dab89c1fba5, the read back flink freelist value (should be the same as 2).
Arg4: 20fb2f9213e27eb5, the read back blink freelist value (should be the same as 2).

Debugging Details:
------------------
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x19_3

PROCESS_NAME: ... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/132731-bsod-bad-pool-header.html
Relevancy 81.27%

Hi all,

I haven't had any issues with my PC until this morning when it BSOD and said "Bad pool header". I only updated Avast and installed Office 2013 this morning. Tried safe mode but still BSOD. Ran Regcleaner. My dump file is attached.

Many thanks in advance for your help.

A:BSOD Bad pool header

Your crash dumps are not showing any finite probable cause. In such a situation, it is better to enable Driver Verifier to monitor the drivers.
Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable
Run Driver Verifier for 24 hours or the occurrence of the next crash, whichever is earlier.

Information
Why Driver Verifier:
It puts a stress on the drivers, ans so it makes the unstable drivers crash. Hopefully the driver that crashes is recorded in the memory dump.

How Can we know that DV is enabled:
It will make the system bit of slow, laggy.

Warning
Before enabling DV, make it sure that you have earlier System restore points made in your computer. You can check it easily by using CCleaner looking at Tools > System Restore.

If there is no points, make a System Restore Point manually before enabling DV.

Tip

If you fail to get on the Desktop because of DV, Boot into Advanced Boot Options > Safe mode. Disable DV there. Now boot normally again, and try following the instruction of enabling DV again.
If you cannot boot in Safe mode too, do a System Restore to a point you made earlier.

Let us know the results, with the subsequent crash dumps, if any. Post it following the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/287477-bsod-bad-pool-header.html
Relevancy 81.27%

I have windows vista home premium that will not start in any way and at every boot bsod comes out. suddenly after turning it off correctly shows the screen of death bsod, with the words in the subject BAD POOL HEADER. I tried to do a restore with the DVD of view but wrong. could you give me some advice??? thk hello to all

A:bsod BAD POOL HEADER

We can give you advices after seeing the necessary data.

Post it following the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions.

Dont create a new thread. Attach the data in your next post.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/324660-bsod-bad-pool-header.html
Relevancy 81.27%

hi guys

as u can see i am new to the forum
i had experiencing a lot of bsod lately after upgrading my HDD to SSD "kingston 3k" on my laptop "acer aspire 5750g"

thanx in advance

A:BSOD ||Bad pool header

Please post the following report before we proceed:Windows Genuine and Activation Issue Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/279190-bsod-bad-pool-header.html
Relevancy 81.27%

I was just browsing the web when I the entire system freezed for 10 secs and got this BSOD
Programs that were open:
IE8x64
FF3.6.4

It most probably points to your Kaspersky security program (kl1.sys). Tdx.sys is also listed in the stack text - which points to a networking component of this error (which is why it happened while using IE/FF). Please do the following:

Quote:
Anti-Virus Removal:
Please do the following:
- download a free antivirus for testing purposes: Free AntiVirus
- uninstall the Kaspersky from your system (you can reinstall it, if so desired, when we're done troubleshooting)
- remove any remnants of Kaspersky using this free tool: Removal tool for Kaspersky Lab products
- IMMEDIATELY install and update the free antivirus
- check to see if this fixes the BSOD's

Summary of the BSOD:

Code:
Built by: 7600.16539.amd64fre.win7_gdr.100226-1909
Debug session time: Sat May 1 07:31:07.021 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 4:42:17.707
BugCheck 19, {3, fffffa800a39dd80, 0, fffffa800a39dd80}
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for kl1.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for kl1.sys
Probably caused by : Pool_Corruption ( nt!ExFreePool+75b )
PROCESS_NAME: System

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/81992-bsod-bad-pool-header.html
Relevancy 81.27%

I just got this BSOD out of nowhere. Dont know what the problem is. I attached my minidump files. I'm not very computer savvy so I dont know how to diagnose this. If anyone could help, i'd really appreciate it.

Hi Minidump file - showing Hardware error.
Run a Hard drive manufacturers test.
http://www.tacktech.com/display.cfm?ttid=287

How to Burn an ISO Image to a Disc.
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/14183/beginner-geek-how-to-burn-an-iso-image-to-a-disc/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bad-pool-header-bsod.1036656/
Relevancy 81.27%

Split from http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/508144/bad-pool-header/ - Hamluis.

Hi,

I also got the same problem.. here is my log. Can you help to check what is problem to my pc.

Thanks a lot

==================================================
Dump File         : 100313-24070-01.dmp
Crash Time        : 3/10/2013 9:51:28 AM
Bug Check String  : BAD_POOL_HEADER
Bug Check Code    : 0x00000019
Parameter 1       : 00000000`00000020
Parameter 2       : fffffa80`046e1b60
Parameter 3       : fffffa80`046e1c40
Parameter 4       : 00000000`040e0004
Caused By Driver  : ACPI.sys
Caused By Address : ACPI.sys+31b50
File Description  : 
Product Name      : 
Company           : 
File Version      : 
Processor         : x64
Crash Address     : ntoskrnl.exe+75b80
Stack Address 1   : 
Stack Address 2   : 
Stack Address 3   : 
Computer Name     : 
Full Path         : C:\Windows\Minidump\100313-24070-01.dmp
Processors Count  : 4
Major Version     : 15
Minor Version     : 7601
Dump File Size    : 319,248
Dump File Time    : 3/10/2013 9:52:28 AM
==================================================

A:BSOD, Bad Pool Header

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following checkboxes:
  List last 10 Event Viewer log
  List Installed Programs
  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.

Click Go and paste the content into your next post.

Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/509709/bsod-bad-pool-header/
Relevancy 81.27%

Hi,

I'm getting a daily BSOD (always around the same time between 3:30 and 6:00).  
I've attached 2 zip files - PERFMON and SysnativeFileCollectionApp.

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Vetta

SysnativeFileCollectionApp.zip   3.38MB
  0 downloads
 vc-perfmon.zip   177.55KB
  0 downloads

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/631204/bsod-bad-pool-header/
Relevancy 81.27%

Have a Del 755 desktop that is getting a BSOD w/Bad Pool Header.
Anyone have suggestions?

A:Bad Pool Header - BSOD

Hello ed52ed, Welcome to TSF!

Could you please post back with more details about this "Bad Pool" error you are receiving.
Is there an Error Message number associated with the "Bad Pool Header" message?

Kind Regards,

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/bad-pool-header-bsod-262669.html
Relevancy 81.27%

I Received the error,
A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.
BAD_POOL_HEADER

Technical Information:
*** STOP: 0x00000019
Beginning dump of physical memory
Physical memory dump complete.

I try many things and finally found the solution.

I googled it and found https://www.wiknix.com/how-to-fix-bs...or-in-windows/

Relevancy 81.27%

Hi,

My Win 7 Ultimate 64bit pc is occasionally getting blue screen.

My Win 7 install is only several month old.

Thanks in advance for any advice.

A:Bad pool header BSOD

I have also ran sfc /scannow to confirm win 7 integrity. So far this has passed with no issues.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/310862-bad-pool-header-bsod.html
Relevancy 81.27%

Getting random and persistent blue screens. Tried a couple of things like Windows Update and uninstalled Norton but still getting them - didn't run the Memory check yet. I would have attached the perfmon and result of BSOD_Windows7_Vista_v2.60_jcgriff2_ but needed to upload 7 rar files and could only upload 5. Is there a way I can upload more or bigger files?

My computer specs are:

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium , 64 bit
Processor: AMD Turion(tm) II Dual-Core Mobile M520, AMD64 Family 16 Model 6 Stepping 2
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 4092 Mb
Graphics Card: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4530 Series , 512 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 291254 MB, Free - 19431 MB; D: Total - 13685 MB, Free - 2277 MB;
Motherboard: Quanta, 3639, 33.11, Base Board Serial Number
Antivirus: AVG Internet Security 2011, Updated and Enabled

Relevancy 81.27%

I just recently updated to windows 7 and I have only gotten this BSOD once but I am unsure why I got it and any help will be appreciated. This error happened while I was opening league of legends. Please let me know if I need to include anything else.

Attached is the minidump and a screen of the error windows gave me.

This may be a bug from a March version of an Avast driver that you have. It looks to be making an illegal API call. See if there isn't an update you can install for it.

Typically, if a solitary BSOD or unusual symptom occurs, it's best to leave it be unless it repeats. Such hiccups can occur at times, and it's only with repeat offenses should one be concerned. Either way, go ahead and update Avast and be vigilant.

Analysts:

Code:
2: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BAD_POOL_HEADER (19)
Arguments:
Arg2: fffffa8003961770, the pool entry being checked.
Arg3: 6946657461657243, the read back flink freelist value (should be the same as 2).
Arg4: 775a071b006e6f69, the read back blink freelist value (should be the same as 2).

Debugging Details:
------------------

TRIAGER: Could not open triage file : C:\Program Files (x86)\Windows Kits\8.0\Debuggers\x64\triage\modclass.ini, error 2

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN7_DRIVER_FAULT

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from fffff80002daa4b3 to fffff80002c801c0

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`084046c8 fffff800`02daa4b3 : 00000000`00000019 00000000`00000003 fffffa80`03961770 69466574`61657243 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`084046d0 fffff880`01081819 : 00000000`00000001 fffffa80`0413aa50 fffffa80`066dc850 fffffa80`00000000 : nt!ExDeferredFreePool+0xa53
fffff880`084047c0 fffff880`01611be3 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`04ad6108 fffffa80`04ad6108 : fltmgr!FltpReallocNameControl+0x39
fffff880`084047f0 fffff880`0107a035 : fffffa80`0466e3b0 fffff8a0`0a08f6f0 fffffa80`00000000 00000000`00000000 : luafv!LuafvGenerateFileName+0x9b
fffff880`08404820 fffff880`01079ead : fffff880`02fd3100 fffffa80`04ad6108 fffffa80`0466e3b0 fffff880`08404a14 : fltmgr!FltpCallOpenedFileNameHandler+0x75
fffff880`08404860 fffff880`01065b9d : c00000bb`00000000 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`06868b00 fffffa80`06868020 : fltmgr!FltpCreateFileNameInformation+0x17d
fffff880`084048c0 fffff880`0105fbf6 : fffffa80`04518100 fffffa80`06868010 fffffa80`04ad6108 fffff800`02c7ba10 : fltmgr!HandleStreamListNotSupported+0x15d
fffff880`08404900 fffff880`01066b44 : fffffa80`066dc800 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`06868010 00000000`00000102 : fltmgr! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+0x30f3
fffff880`08404980 fffff880`03e72717 : fffffa80`0466e3b0 fffffa80`0466f450 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`04ad6108 : fltmgr!FltGetFileNameInformation+0x184
fffff880`08404a10 fffffa80`0466e3b0 : fffffa80`0466f450 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`04ad6108 00610065`00650076 : aswSnx+0x3717
fffff880`08404a18 fffffa80`0466f450 : 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`04ad6108 00610065`00650076 00000000`00000000 : 0xfffffa80`0466e3b0
fffff880`08404a20 00000000`00000000 : fffffa80`04ad6108 00610065`00650076 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`04ad6108 : 0xfffffa80`0466f450

2: kd> lmvm aswSnx
start end module name
fffff880`03e6f000 fffff880`03f3c000 aswSnx T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: aswSnx.SYS
Image path: \SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\aswSnx.SYS
Image name: aswSnx.SYS
Timestamp: Tue Mar 06 19:04:05 2012 (4F56A5F5)
CheckSum: 000CF38B
ImageSize: 000CD000
Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 04... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/229749-bsod-bad-pool-header.html
Relevancy 81.27%

WHats causing this bsod. Its becoming an annoyance.

A:Bad Pool header BSOD

Hiya and welcome to SevenForums!

Please follow the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/388382-bad-pool-header-bsod.html
Relevancy 81.27%

· OS - Windows 7 pro SP1· x64· What was original installed OS on system? Windows 7 pro·OEM version· 2/3 years old· Age of OS installation - unknown· CPU  i5-3320m @2.6ghz· Video Card intel 4000· 8GB RAM· System Manufacturer - DELL· E6430· Laptop

Hey and thanks for any help here. My buddy bought this laptop about 5 days ago and has had a couple of blue screens since. It was bought used but it does have its windows7 serial key sticker. I have tested the RAM with windows memory diagnostics.. and the have run sfc /scannow.. and the software "hard drive inspector" shows the hard drive is working properly.

Here are the zipped files and thanks again for helping

A:BSOD Help Please "BAD POOL HEADER"

Only 302 Windows Update hotfixes installed.  Most systems with SP1 have 350-400 or more.  Please visit Windows Update and get ALL available updates (it may take several trips to get them all).The actual number is not important.  Rather it's important that you checked manually, installed any available updates, and didn't experience any errors when checking or updating.Only 2 memory dumps in the uploaded reports.  Just in case this is a hardware problem, please run these free diagnostics:  http://www.carrona.org/hwdiag.html In the event that none of this identifies the problem, please run Driver Verifier according to these instructions:  http://www.carrona.org/verifier.html Analysis:The following is for information purposes only. The following information contains the relevant information from the blue screen analysis:**************************Tue Jun 14 20:29:25.868 2016 (UTC - 4:00)**************************Loading Dump File [C:\Users\john\SysnativeBSODApps\061416-56191-01.dmp]Windows 7 Kernel Version 7601 (Service Pack 1) MP (4 procs) Free x64Built by: 7601.23418.amd64fre.win7sp1_ldr.160408-2045System Uptime:0 days 0:08:55.101*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for Ntfs.sysProbably caused by :Ntfs.sys ( Ntfs+8bd73 )BugCheck 19, {20, fffff8a00dc3d650, fffff8a00dc3d780, 513030c}BugCheck Info: BAD_POOL_HEADER (19)Arguments:Arg1: 0000000000000020, a pool block header size is corrupt.Arg2: fffff8a00dc3d650, The pool entry we were looking for within the page.Arg3: fffff8a00dc3d780, The next pool entry.Arg4: 000000000513030c, (reserved)BUGCHECK_STR:  0x19_20PROCESS_NAME:  SystemFAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x19_20_Ntfs+8bd73CPUID:        "Intel® Core™ i5-3320M CPU @ 2.60GHz"MaxSpeed:     2600CurrentSpeed: 2591  BIOS Version                  A18  BIOS Release Date             01/18/2016  Manufacturer                  Dell Inc.  Product Name                  Latitude E6430  Baseboard Product             0CPWYR¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨``**************************Sat Jun 11 12:30:36.307 2016 (UTC - 4:00)**************************Loading Dump File [C:\Users\john\SysnativeBSODApps\061116-15880-01.dmp]Windows 7 Kernel Version 7601 (Service Pack 1) MP (4 procs) Free x64Built by: 7601.18409.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.140303-2144System Uptime:0 days 0:07:03.562Probably caused by :ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+45f7d )BugCheck 1A, {5003, fffff70001080000, 9a03a, 9a03800034074}BugCheck Info: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT (1a)Arguments:Arg1: 0000000000005003, The subtype of the bugcheck.Arg2: fffff70001080000Arg3: 000000000009a03aArg4: 0009a03800034074BUGCHECK_STR:  0x1a_5003PROCESS_NAME:  svchost.exeFAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x1a_5003_nt!_??_::FNODOBFM::_string_+45f7dCPUID:        "Intel® Core™ i5-3320M CPU @ 2.60GHz"MaxSpeed:     2600CurrentSpeed: 2591  BIOS Version                  ... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/617550/bsod-help-please-bad-pool-header/
Relevancy 81.27%

Please help I've been battling with this for months now First I sent my memory to the Bad and header pool BSOD etc. store and it was checked by the supplier founding no fault I even tested it with memtest even before BSOD Bad pool header and etc. I brought it there Memory issue is now cleared Motherboard AsRock GM-Le months old ProcessOr AMD Athlon II X months old BSOD Bad pool header and etc. Memory GB DDR PC Geil months old Hard Drives hitach GB rpm ATA years GB Seagate Barracuda rpm SATA years TB Seagate Barracuda rpm SATA months Optical Drive Lite-ON CDRW X years USB Mouse and USB Keyboard Operating System Windows Bit Power Supply Watts Orion Generic months old OEM N A Does this has something to do with my Power BSOD Bad pool header and etc. Supply This will happen regardless if how long I use my computer Sometimes it happens a few minutes after turning it on attached here are my dumps any suggestion would be highly appreciated Thanks in advance BTW I already formatted my C drive Just finished running the advance test of seagate tools from hirens bootcd for my TB Drive and it found no errors I'm about to test the other hard drives that I have I also noticed last night that when I tried to burn the hirens bootcd using the one that it came with it I forgot the name but you probably know that it starts with something like copybcc by removing the other hard drives that have could solve the issue

A:BSOD Bad pool header and etc.

Hi -

Run Driver Verifier - Driver Verifier - Windows 7 & Vista (BSOD-related)

Driver Verifier needs to run 24 hours minimum or until it BSODs your system, whichever is less. Then . . .

Provide full system info - Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions - Windows 7 & Vista

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-bad-pool-header-and-etc-575952.html
Relevancy 81.27%

Acer Aspire ES1-711-P14W with Windows 10. I had Windows 10 since Insiders builds and a few weeks ago it started BSODing frequently, mainly DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION and BAD_POOL_HEADER, I thought a reinstall would fix the issue but it didn't, I still had 2 BSODs with the BAD_POOL_HEADER message, one was before I installed the Anniversary Update and one after, both while using Chrome. Running Windows 10 Version 1607 Build 14393.10

LAPTOP-KNKPS0L-Fri_08_05_2016_141923_26.zip

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/58931-bsod-bad-pool-header.html
Relevancy 81.27%

This is a complete new system that I've put together and recently I've been plagued with a BSOD message as the title describes it A Bad Pool Header I have no idea what is causing it but I have made sure all my drives are up-to-date though I Bad Pool [BSOD] Header might be wrong and I hope to be wrong As I fear it could be hardware related sigh I'm just stabbing in the dark here but my C drive been acting fishy recently making click sounds inside the disk one time queuing up a mp it hung for a split second after one click it was completely okay again Another thing is my RAMs isn't triple channel but dual and [BSOD] Bad Pool Header currently the DIMM is setup like this A A B C On the dimm slots on the motherboard not sure if this has any relation with the error Just don't want to disclose anything out [BSOD] Bad Pool Header just for the sake of getting my system stable soon as possible Operative System Win x - Retail Previous OS Win x - Retail Age of System New Age of OS installation Days ago CPU I - Video Card GTX - Nvidia Motherboard Rampage Extreme III - Asus PSU w TX [BSOD] Bad Pool Header Corsair Looking forward to a solution Thank you

A:[BSOD] Bad Pool Header

Hello and welcome to the forum.

I looked at both of your dumps. Neither give a specific cause; both both indicate memory corruption. To begin your troubleshooting, I recommend that you uninstall Kaspersky using this removal tool: Tool. Kaspersky is known to cause BSOD's on some Win 7 systems. You can try it again once you get your system stable; but I do not recommend doing so. Download and install Microsoft Security Essentials in its place.

You have a couple of outdated drivers loading on your system; one is quite obsolete. Outdated drivers can and do cause memory corruption and BSOD's. Update these drivers.

Quote:
e1y60x64.sys Mon Aug 18 17:45:05 2008 - Intel(R) 82567LM Gigabit Network Connection. http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Default.aspx. This driver is obsolete. Update it or upgrade your network adapter.

LGPBTDD.sys Wed Jul 01 14:47:52 2009 - LGPBTDD Driver is a driver file from Logitech Inc. belonging to Logitech GamePanel Software. Downloads. Update this driver.

Uninstall Kaspersky, take care of these two drivers, reboot and see how your system runs. Update us and let us know. If you get another BSOD, upload it and we will go from there.

Code:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7600 MP (8 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS
Built by: 7600.16617.amd64fre.win7_gdr.100618-1621
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`02c1c000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`02e59e50
Debug session time: Sat Dec 4 09:51:01.742 2010 (GMT-5)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:43:31.897
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 19, {3, fffffa8007f4ebb0, fffffa8007f4ebb0, fffa8007f4ebb0ff}

Probably caused by : Pool_Corruption ( nt!ExDeferredFreePool+ca0 )

---------

0: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BAD_POOL_HEADER (19)
Arguments:
Arg2: fffffa8007f4ebb0, the pool entry being checked.
Arg3: fffffa8007f4ebb0, the read back flink freelist value (should be the same as 2).
Arg4: fffa8007f4ebb0ff, the read back blink freelist value (should be the same as 2).

Debugging Details:
------------------

PROCESS_NAME: winamp.exe

CURRENT_IRQL: 2

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from fffff80002dbf130 to fffff80002c8c740

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`0cd97348 fffff800`02dbf130 : 00000000`00000019 00000000`00000003 fffffa80`07f4ebb0 fffffa80`07f4ebb0 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`0cd97350 fffff800`02dc14c1 : fffff880`0cd97400 fffffa80`06e37370 00000000`00000000 fffff880`74696157 : nt!ExDeferredFreePool+0xca0
fffff880`0cd973e... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/128823-bsod-bad-pool-header.html
Relevancy 81.27%

hi i keep getting the bsod bad pool header , i have not loaded any hardware or programs (apart from team speak) it just started out of the blue (mind the pun)
i am on a acer 8943g laptop attached is the dump file

Relevancy 81.27%

Need help...i get the BSOD-bad pool header ONLY when I try to open AOL. Started this about a month ago. I can reboot the computer and everything runs normally. Never have an issue when i open anything else. I can log onto AOL through Mozzilla or Internet Explorer but not by trying to open the progam by itself. I did a registry cleaner and defrag with UNIBLUE, and did the normal scans with other "fixers" but problem continues. I have Widows Vista on a HP Laptop. Thanks in advance for any help.

A:BSOD-bad pool header with AOL

Hi -

Run Driver Verifier - Driver Verifier - Windows 7 & Vista (BSOD-related) - Tech Support Forum

Provide full system info - Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions - Tech Support Forum

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-bad-pool-header-with-aol-544342.html
Relevancy 81.27%

Hi,

I'm running 64-bit Windows 7 on an HP laptop (HP Pavilion dv3t-2000 with an Intel dual-core processor with 4 GB of RAM). I was using Firefox when my computer suddenly crashed and gave a "Bad pool header" message; I shut down & restarted the computer.

I'm not sure what caused the problem and what I should do to fix it. I looked through some other topics w/ the same problem, and the first step seems to getting BSOD info; should I do the same? Any help you could give would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

A:BSOD / Bad pool header

The BSOD error you're seeing is described here: BAD_POOL_HEADER bug checkYou didn't include any parameters in your post, so it's difficult to determine the cause without that info.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/446378/bsod-bad-pool-header/
Relevancy 81.27%

I got a BSOD while playing games on my PC, here is the sys data it dumped.

The BSOD error was 'bad pool header' tried googling, said it could be drivers, but i am not sure what drivers caused it... maybe nvidia? any1 can decode this mess?

see attachments

A:BSOD - bad pool header

Not too sure what that text file is, never seen anything like that before. Please follow this guide to attach your minidumps to your next post.

First locate your minidump files, they are usually found by clicking on your C: drive, in Windows Explorer, then click on Windows to view the contents. If your operating system is installed under a different drive letter then look there. They should be stored under a file called minidump.The files will have a .dmp extension.

Zip up at least 6 of the most recent files into one zip folder and save on your desktop (if there are less then just zip up what you have).

NOTE To zip up a file in Windows (all versions). Right-click the file or folder, click on Send To, and then click Compressed (zipped) Folder and save it to your desktop.
Open Windows Explorer, click on Desktop in the left column so you can see the zip file. In the left column click on C: > Windows > Minidump and then drag & drop any additional .dmp files into the zip folder.
? Below the Message Box click on Go Advanced. Then scroll down until you see a button, Manage Attachments. Click on that and a new window opens.
? Click on the Browse button, find the zip folder you made earlier and doubleclick on it.
? Now click on the Upload button. When done, click on the Close this window button at the bottom of the page.
? Enter your message-text in the message box, then click on Submit Message/Reply.Click to expand...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-bad-pool-header.174229/
Relevancy 81.27%

Hi, windows vista keeps crashing a least daily. It started somewhere in the middle of October. I've tried searching for solution on internet but nothing I can understand or feel confident in implementing. This is a family member's computer and I am trying to help her fix it.

I have attached files per BSOD posting instructions.

OS- Vista x86
original installed OS - Vista
Vista is OEM version
age of system - 5 years
age of OS installation - 5 years

CPU - AMD Sempron SI-42 2.10GHz
Video Card - Nividia GeForce 8200M G

System manufacturer
Compaq CQ60 Notebook PC

Laptop

Any help is appreciated. Thanks in advance.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-bad-pool-header-1061138.html
Relevancy 81.27%

A Friend of mine asked me for PC help and I did not find the issue.

Whenever he starts his PC (win 8), between 30 and 45 minutes afterwards it crashes with BSOD and the info "BAD POOL HEADER". BlueScreenView revieled that ntoskrnl.exe is always involved, sometimes some .sys-files, but more times than not only ntoskrnl.

Since I had no chance to physically inspect the PC, bad memory could be a reason but inside windows the PC crashes before memtest is able to complete and running a bootable memtest solution is not possible on this pc (locked bios).

Here are the logs: ASUS-20_05_2016_221334_71.zip

Any hints would be appreciated.

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/75076-bsod-every-30-45-min-bad-pool-header.html
Relevancy 81.27%

be having the issue well over a week.

Is Windows 7 . . . - x86 (32-bit) or x64 ? 64 bit - the original installed OS on the system? Vista home premium - an OEM or full retail version? OEM then installed win 7 retail - What is the age of system (hardware)? 3 years - What is the age of OS installation (have you re-installed the OS?) 2 years

No dump files are attached were collected
Enable minidumps then try again
Set MiniDump

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/159354-bsod-bad-pool-header.html
Relevancy 81.27%

I have been battling problems with bsod for the past month This is a brand new PC that I custom built and this problem is blowing my Header Pool Bad BSOD mind I have replaced the motherboard since my last post and have added some new BSOD Bad Pool Header RAM here are the new specs ASUSM A XTD EVO Mboard AMD Athlon II x regor ghz gb of OCZ reaper ddr RAM a Western Digital Caviar Green GB HD an ASUS Nvidia gtx GPU and a basic dvd cd burner I also am using a wireless network adapter which is BSOD Bad Pool Header made by rosewill Here is my problem Upon booting my computer and selecting which user to log in as i will make it to my desktop about of the time it will blue screen however I have had different bsod errors First was Memory Management Second was Page fault in non BSOD Bad Pool Header paged area and today came Bad Pool Header I have monitored my cpu usage and it is not irregular I have tested my RAM and results showed that it was fine I have also ran a chkdisk on my HD My guess is that my hard drive is failing I have also tried reinstalling windows I dont think that any software I have would cause this I am just running typical stuff Itunes A few benchmark programs nvidia monitor firefox etc I have also done a virus scan which came back clean Help would be greatly appreciated as I am a college student with tons of work that needs to be done and having to worry about loosing my info is stressful Thanks

Run Driver Verifier - Driver Verifier - Windows 7 & Vista (BSOD-related)

Driver Verifier needs to run 24 hours minimum or until it BSODs your system, whichever is less. Then run BSOD dump/ file collection app - Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions - Windows 7 & Vista

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-bad-pool-header-554029.html
Relevancy 81.27%

I've always been good enough with computers to solve most of what I come up against, but I am no where near able to figure this out.

I've been trying to download WoW since last night, I went to systemrequirementslab.com as well as did my own check to make sure I meet the basic requirements, and I infact meet all but one of the recommended requirements. I have Windows XP Pro, SP3, and everytime I put the disc in, it reverts to "STOP 0x00000019 Bad_Pool_Header", and doesn't let me do anything else.

I know it's nerdy, but I'd really like to be able to download this game and play it, but I need to know what I have to fix first. Any help is greatly appreciated, thank you.

If you are not using a legit vendor's disk -- we cannot help you. Quite likely if you have downloaded some torrrent file and burned it as an ISO -- it is infected or the disk is bad.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bsod-bad-pool-header.858561/
Relevancy 81.27%

Hey guys,

I keep getting random BSOD and I would like to understand the reason and how to go about to resolve the problem.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Here is my log from Microsoft after I rebooted the computer.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 19
BCP1: 0000000000000020
BCP2: FFFFF8A00AE66510
BCP3: FFFFF8A00AE66550
BCP4: 0000000005040301
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\092912-6411-01.dmp
C:\Users\Johnzee\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-10077-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
Windows 7 Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Im not sure if this is the correct way of approaching this forum on help, so please correct me if im out of line.

THanks.

A:BSOD bad pool header?

Hello,

Please take a look at the following link and attach the requested reports.

This will provide valuable information to help find a resolution to your problem.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ta-452654.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-bad-pool-header-668345.html
Relevancy 81.27%

Hello to everyone,

I am new here, i was searching if i could find a solution to my problem and i found these forums.
Hopefully you can help me with my problem.
I am getting random BSODs, some with information and others telling me to reinstall drivers.

I have not yet figured out my problem, it is not a hardware problem, that is for sure.

My windows is Windows 7 x86 bit legitimate version.

My hardware is around 2 years old and i have recently installed my Windows on a new hard drive.

Thanks in advance.

A:Bad pool header BSOD

Code:

Loading Dump File [C:\Users\Mike\Downloads\BSODDmpFiles\themaniacboy\011112-20732-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

Symbol search path is: SRV*c:\users\mike\documents\symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7601 (Service Pack 1) MP (4 procs) Free x86 compatible
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS
Built by: 7601.17713.x86fre.win7sp1_gdr.111025-1505
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xe3250000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xe33994d0
Debug session time: Wed Jan 11 15:35:47.923 2012 (UTC - 7:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:02:57.531
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 1, {e3484dbb, 0, ffff0000, 0}

Probably caused by : ntkrpamp.exe ( nt!NtQueryDirectoryFile+0 )

---------

* Bugcheck Analysis *

APC_INDEX_MISMATCH (1)
This is a kernel internal error. The most common reason to see this
bugcheck is when a filesystem or a driver has a mismatched number of
calls to disable and re-enable APCs. The key data item is the
Thread->KernelApcDisable field. A negative value indicates that a driver
has disabled APC calls without re-enabling them. A positive value indicates
that the reverse is true. This check is made on exit from a system call.
Arguments:
Arg1: e3484dbb, address of system function (system call)
Arg2: 00000000, Thread->ApcStateIndex << 8 | Previous ApcStateIndex
Arg3: ffff0000, Thread->KernelApcDisable
Arg4: 00000000, Previous KernelApcDisable

Debugging Details:
------------------

FAULTING_IP:
nt!NtQueryDirectoryFile+0
e3484dbb 8bff mov edi,edi

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x1

PROCESS_NAME: sppsvc.exe

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from 776670b4 to e328e5a3

STACK_TEXT:
c73eed34 776670b4 badb0d00 00d4f040 00000000 nt!KiServiceExit2+0x17a
WARNING: Frame IP not in any known module. Following frames may be wrong.
00d4f344 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 0x776670b4

STACK_COMMAND: .bugcheck ; kb

FOLLOWUP_IP:
nt!NtQueryDirectoryFile+0
e3484dbb 8bff mov edi,edi

SYMBOL_NAME: nt!NtQueryDirectoryFile+0

FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: nt

IMAGE_NAME: ntkrpamp.exe

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 4ea76eb4

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x1_SysCallNum_df_nt!NtQueryDirectoryFile+0

BUCKET_ID: 0x1_SysCallNum_df_nt!NtQueryDirectoryFile+0

---------
The .dmp file provided is rather inconclusive. Please follow the http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html to provide us with more information so we may better assist you.

In the meantime, update the following drivers.

Code:
Rt86win7 cc4f8000 cc51d000 Thu Feb 26 02:04:22 2009 (49a65b16) 0002bdef Rt86win7.sys
KMWDFILTER cdf87000 cdf90000 Wed Apr 29 00:12:12 2009 (49f7efbc) 000... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/208817-bad-pool-header-bsod.html
Relevancy 81.27%

Hi I get a BSOD everytime I try to plug in the new monitor I purchased. The monitor is a Yamakasi Catleap 2703. If you need any other information let me know.

Thanks for your help.
Mitch

A:Bsod bad pool header

Hello Mitch and welcome to Seven Forums.

According to the dump files you provided, there are a few problematic drivers listed. They include: igdkmd64.sys (Intel Graphics driver); csrss.exe (manages graphical instruction sets); dxgkrnl.sys (DirectX Graphics Kernel); and win32k.sys (a multi-user win32 driver.) The Intel driver can be updated via the Intel download center while the csrss, DirectX and win32 are done through Windows Updates.

Intel Download Center

According to a Yamakasi Catleap forum (post # 7591), the current Catleaps are not meant to be overclocked unless specifically stated in the owner's info. If you're OCing suggest you return to default settings.

Yamakasi Catleap Monitor Club

Also suggest running a system file checker scan from an elevated command prompt (option two.) If problems are found, run the scan 3 times and reboot the computer after each scan.

SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 19, {22, fffffa800d481000, 0, 0}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\igdkmd64.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for igdkmd64.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for igdkmd64.sys
Probably caused by : igdkmd64.sys ( igdkmd64+73404 )

------------------------
BAD_POOL_HEADER (19)
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000022,
Arg2: fffffa800d481000
Arg3: 0000000000000000
Arg4: 0000000000000000

Debugging Details:
------------------

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x19_22

POOL_ADDRESS: GetPointerFromAddress: unable to read from fffff800032b8100
fffffa800d481000

PROCESS_NAME: csrss.exe

CURRENT_IRQL: 2

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from fffff800030134ce to fffff80003088fc0

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`2101ec18 fffff800`030134ce : 00000000`00000019 00000000`00000022 fffffa80`0d481000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`2101ec20 fffff800`031b51fa : 00000000`00000000 fffff880`2101ed70 fffff880`2101ecf0 fffff880`00000001 : nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+0x72d6
fffff880`2101ecb0 fffff880`05c9e404 : fffffa80`0f637cb0 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!ExFreePoolWithTag+0x46a
fffff880`2101ed60 fffffa80`0f637cb0 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : igdkmd64+0x73404
fffff880`2101ed68 00000000`00000000 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : 0xfffffa80`0f637cb0

STACK_COMMAND: kb

FOLLOWUP_IP:
igdkmd64+73404
fffff880`05c9e404 ?? ???

SYMBOL_STACK_INDEX: 3

SYMBOL_NAME: igdkmd64+73404

FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: igdkmd64

IMAGE_NAME: igdkmd64.sys

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 50635c30

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x19_22_igdkmd64+73404

BUCKET_ID: X64_0x19_22_igdkmd64+73404

------------------------
fffff880`2101ec18 fffff800`030134ce nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+0x72d6
fffff880`2101ec20 00000000`00000019
fffff880`2101ec28 00000000`00000022
fffff880`2101ec30 fffffa80`0d481000
fffff880`2101ec38 00000000`00000000
fffff880`2101ec40 00000000`00000000
fffff880`2101ec48 00000010`00000780
fffff880... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/267198-bsod-bad-pool-header.html
Relevancy 81.27%

Hello folks! This is my first post in this forum, and somewhat excited to my first post. I have a degree in CIS, but it seems that I have reached a point where I could use an extra set of eyes.    Have been getting the BSOD since I got this new laptop, HP Probook 650 G2. No one at work has been able to fix it so I am going out on my own to try and get this issue resolved. Enclosed is the dump file. Please let me know if any more information is required. I was not able to download and use the recommended zip software, as I was not able to access the web page.

Thanks ahead for any help.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/631355/bad-pool-header-bsod/
Relevancy 80.84%

Hi So for the past two weeks i have been recieving lots of BSOD's Most of them are IRQL not less than Equal then memory management I have tried doing the driver verification only to have it consitantly loop which is what it supposed to do for me to then turn it off in safemode I have also done a system restore with the same thing to happen I have also tried using Driver uninstaller DDU and reinstalling my driver for my gtx I have also tried reseating my gfx card Oh and i did a complete reinstall yesterday only to find a blue screen when i came home from being out for hours Essentially im out of idea's and i need some help with what this is Attached is my log collector dump if some one could please decipher and let me know which bit of hardware i need to send to a farm upstate Thanks in advance DESKTOP- E TRRQ-Mon zip

A:IRQL , Pool Curroption , Memory management HELP!

<ToolVersion>10.0.10240.16384</ToolVersion>
<LicensingStatus>SL_LICENSING_STATUS_NOTIFICATION</LicensingStatus>
<LicensingStatusReason>0xC004F034</LicensingStatusReason>
<LocalGenuineState></LocalGenuineState>

It looks like you do not have a genuine windows.
You're license might be valid (i don't know) but is certainly not activated.
Please fix this first.

Forum rules

4) No piracy or discussion of piracy allowed at all. Such as software, music, videos and other intellectual property violations (e.g. downloading youtube videos locally etc).
According to forum rules, we can not help you until this is resolved.
When you have this sorted out, we will be happy to assist!!

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/46172-irql-pool-curroption-memory-management-help.html
Relevancy 80.41%

hi guyz!
i never had such an issue before but from last night my pc gives BSOD right after some time of start. it was giving it like after every 5 mins of boot.I have been digging the issue all night and here is what i have done so far
booted on safe mode with networkingused nirsoft bluescreenview, turned out that culprit was athwbx.sys (Qualcomm Atheros USB Wireless LAN device driver)updated driver(nothing happened) so rolled backran sfc and found some files were corruptrefreshed windows (nothing achieved)reset windows and it worked fine for a while but than again i encountered BSOD (same cause)
for now BSOD still appears with same cause but now my computer keeps running for some time though. so here i am , thanks in advance for assistance .
I will report back once BSOD appears again.

A:BSOD athwbx.sys bad pool header

You have 2 BSOD's in the ZIP file and both were caused by athuwb.sys (dated 11/20/2013) driver from Qualcomm Atheros AR9271 Wireless Network Adapter
Please update the driver !!!

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/65104-bsod-athwbx-sys-bad-pool-header.html
Relevancy 80.41%

Our 2 year old Dell has been throwing Blue Screens for about 2 months now with no (seemingly) consistent rhyme or reason. One day it happens while browsing in IE or Firefox, other days you walk in and see the computer has rebooted on it's own.

I've found and turned off the automatic reboot, so hopefully will have more screen details soon. But in the meantime, I have run the SF Tools. Hoping for some guidance, thanks in advance!

A:Sporadic BAD POOL HEADER BSOD

Try these suggestions: http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...ml#post1691593

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/248185-sporadic-bad-pool-header-bsod.html
Relevancy 80.41%

Hi
I am getting BSOD on start up, bad pool header given as the reason. It had a problem starting yesterday - it to went into repair/restore mode without success and now it just goes straight to BSOD.

I am not aware of any changes to the PC within the last few days to have made a difference - sorry! that does not seem much to go on...

I have uploaded the zip file from the diagnostics tool hope all the information is there!

Any help gratefully received, many thanks
Simon

A:BSOD on start up, Bad pool header

Just to add to my first post, I meant to say that I've run the Windows Memory Diagnostics and that did not pick up anything - although i gather from reading various posts on the subject of bad pool headers this may not be entirely conclusive and there are better tools to use.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/321311-bsod-start-up-bad-pool-header.html
Relevancy 80.41%

Hello for some time now I've been suffering from frequent occurrences of BSOD's They appear to happen more often when I boot cold than when I reboot or when my PC awakes from sleep mode But they do happen in the latter occassions as well First I thought it had to do with the additional memory I had added I added x GB memory to the x GB already installed But I ran memtest V over night and no errors BAD BSOD Windows HEADER POOL 7 were found Currently I'm running with only x GB memory and still BSOD occur I've updated my motherboard's BIOS I've updated all drivers I could find No luck The messages I get vary with the BSOD So far I've seen RDR BSOD Windows 7 BAD POOL HEADER FILE SYSTEM MEMORY MANAGEMENT IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL and BAD POOL HEADER Some information about my BSOD Windows 7 BAD POOL HEADER system OS - Windows Service Pack bit Clean install Full retail version Age of system BSOD Windows 7 BAD POOL HEADER hardware May Age of OS installation - week complete new installation from formatted HDD CPU Intel Core i - Video Card Asus ATI RAedon HD MotherBoard Asus P P D-E Power Supply - brand amp wattage Cooler Master PSU ATX W I've run the diagnostics as mentioned in the instructions and have attached the system health report win folder and have also included the minidump files of the last three BSOD's not sure if that was still required I've also ran the verifier and if I do that upon reboot the system immediately goes into a BSOD I would really appreciate any guidance and help I could get in resolving this issue because quite frankly it's driving me crazy Thanks a lot in advance Michael

A:BSOD Windows 7 BAD POOL HEADER

Hello,

The one Verifier_Enabled dump pointed toward your Anysee BDA Capture device; I'm not entirely sure what it is, could it be a TV tuner card? Whatever it is, try removing it and see if it makes a difference.

Also:

Install the ATK0110 driver from the Utilities section here: http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?model=P7P55D LE&os=30&SLanguage=en-us

Code:
ASACPI.sys Sun Mar 27 22:30:36 2005 (42476C4C)
Install updated Realtek ethernet drivers from here: Realtek
Code:
Rt64win7.sys Thu Feb 26 04:04:13 2009 (49A65B0D)
If the BSODs persist, please run driver verifier again.

...Summary of the dumps:

Code:

Built by: 7601.17514.amd64fre.win7sp1_rtm.101119-1850
Debug session time: Tue Apr 12 12:51:28.522 2011 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:00:16.584
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for anyseeTU.SYS
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for anyseeTU.SYS
Probably caused by : anyseeTU.SYS
BUGCHECK_STR: 0xc4_62
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VERIFIER_ENABLED_VISTA_MINIDUMP
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0xc4_62_VRF_LEAKED_POOL_IMAGE_anyseeTU.SYS
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Built by: 7600.16695.amd64fre.win7_gdr.101026-1503
Debug session time: Sun Apr 10 05:34:53.510 2011 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:07:09.367
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+33906 )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x1a_41790
PROCESS_NAME: svchost.exe
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x1a_41790_nt!_??_::FNODOBFM::_string_+33906
SystemProductName = System Product Name
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Built by: 7600.16695.amd64fre.win7_gdr.101026-1503
Debug session time: Thu Apr 7 01:41:11.342 2011 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:14:03.310
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+339c8 )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x1a_41790
PROCESS_NAME: explorer.exe
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x1a_41790_nt!_??_::FNODOBFM::_string_+339c8
SystemProductName = System Product Name

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-windows-7-bad-pool-header-565660.html
Relevancy 80.41%

Hello:

I am getting a Bad Pool Header stop error when I try to use the internal DVD drive on my PC. It was working fine two weeks ago, and I haven't installed any new software in the interim. I tried a system restore using the last date I successfully backed data to a CD using this drive, but I got a message that there were no changes to my system since that date.

System info: Dell Dimension 4600, Windows XP Home Edition (current with updates)

I am attaching copies of the minidump files. Can you please take a look at them to see if you can tell where my problem is?

Thanks!

Relevancy 80.41%

Hello!

I need help with my problem. I was doing some excercises on Learn to code | Codecademy and suddenly when I opened next course I got BSOD. If i go and open it again, same story. Never had a BSOD like that. Computer i'm having is quite old, from 2007.

Details:
Problem signature:
Locale ID: 1061

BCP1: 0000000000000021
BCP2: FFFFF900C0C1F000
BCP3: 0000000000002030
BCP4: 000000010019E000
dm log collector and dmp, xml files: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/mn5npm6jc...TVdjWrcma?dl=0

Attachment 342232
Thank you!

A:BSOD while browsing, bad pool header

Please follow Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions to grab all and upload a new report here.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/354240-bsod-while-browsing-bad-pool-header.html
Relevancy 80.41%

Hi guys,

Am having a problem with the BSOD and have no idea what is causing it, I am running a HP Pavilion laptop and if I leave it running it crashes about every 12hrs. Have carried out all the processes explained on this site but to no avail. Here is the only mindump file I can find, unsure why there are no more. Any help would be greatly appreciated as this is doing my head in. Thanks.

Update:

just had the screen go smaller on the laptop, then usually things start to turn off until I get the BSOD. Will try and add more info and update the dump file.

A:BSOD bad pool header Windows 7

The driver cited is WinFldrv.sys. Do you have the software Folder Lock installed?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-bad-pool-header-windows-7.173946/
Relevancy 80.41%

Hi, since last week ive been getting the bsod, various errors but mainly the bad header pool. my lap top is a packard bell easynote TK intel core i-5
could anyone help me please ?

I have attached the files and a screenshot

A:BSOD , bad header pool and other errors

Additional information is required.

1. Download this .BAT file to your desktop

2. Right-click the .BAT file and 'Run as Administrator'
3. Locate the .ZIP file created on your desktop, and upload it here in your next reply.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/321760-bsod-bad-header-pool-other-errors.html
Relevancy 80.41%

Getting BSOD with error "Bad pool header". Been looking around and have not been able to find a solution.

I have followed the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions and attaching the results here

Please help!

A:Getting BSOD with error Bad pool header

Hi iversa.

The BSODs are caused by Cisco Systems VPN Client DNE LightWeight Filter (c:\windows\system32\drivers\dnelwf64.sys)

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 19, {20, fffffa800b45c1b0, fffffa800b45c280, 40d0005}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for dnelwf64.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for dnelwf64.sys
Probably caused by : dnelwf64.sys ( dnelwf64+62a9 )

---------
And the driver is old enough.

Code:
fffff880`03f16000 fffff880`03f3b000 dnelwf64 T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: dnelwf64.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\dnelwf64.sys
Image name: dnelwf64.sys
Timestamp: Thu Jul 28 12:06:44 2011 (4E31037C)
CheckSum: 00027709
ImageSize: 00025000
Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
Either update it from DNE Support - Deterministic Networks - Citrix as a try, or uninstall it.

BTW, you have multiple VPN clients installed.

Code:
Start Menu\Programs\OpenVPN Client
It may be conflicting. You need to take required action.

Free up the startup. Windows does not need any other program to auto start with it, but the auto start programs often conflicts and causes various problems including BSODs.
Click on the Start button
Type ?msconfig (without quotes), click the resulting link. It will open the System Configuration window.
Select the ?Startup? tab.
Deselect all items other than the antivirus and the touchpad driver, SynTPEnh.
Apply > OK
Accept then restart.
Let us know the results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/311100-getting-bsod-error-bad-pool-header.html
Relevancy 80.41%

Can anyone help fix this problem? The same BSOD keeps popping up in when working in various applications.

Many thanks!

Cheers,
Rebecca

A:BSOD Issues Bad Pool Header

Hello Rebecca,

Your Intel graphics driver is causing issues.

Code:
fffff880`076d9568 fffff880`054d195dUnable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\igdkmd64.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for igdkmd64.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for igdkmd64.sys
igdkmd64+0x2a895d
If you can specify your exact Dell model I can look for a more updated driver for you.

Code:
1: kd> lmvm igdkmd64
start end module name
fffff880`05229000 fffff880`05c4c120 igdkmd64 T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: igdkmd64.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\igdkmd64.sys
Image name: igdkmd64.sys
Timestamp: Thu Oct 04 22:30:00 2012 (506DFFD8)
CheckSum: 00A30195
ImageSize: 00A23120
ZoneAlarm is also causing issues.

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck D1, {cfffffff6, 2, 0, fffff880036c27a7}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for vsdatant.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for vsdatant.sys
Probably caused by : vsdatant.sys ( vsdatant+f7a7 )
Uninstall ZoneAlarm and install MS Security Essentials and MalwareBytes.

Note
Make sure you uncheck the 'Enable Free Trial' box when installing.

Kaspersky is also being flagged. Running two anti virus programs is asking for trouble, Uninstall Kaspersky.

Code:
fffff880`07dc0858 fffff880`04684000*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for klif.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for klif.sys
klif
Please answer the question regarding your model so we can get the graphics driver sorted and follow the above steps. Test and report back.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/337384-bsod-issues-bad-pool-header.html
Relevancy 80.41%

I have recently been experiencing a bad_pool_header BSOD.

I am running Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit.

It can be reproduced by opening firefox and navigating to a website, it does not seem to happen if i just leave my computer running.

I have attached the system dumps and perfmon reports.

BlueScreenView is saying that it is caused by ntfs.sys, ntoskrnl.exe, win32k.sys.

Here is some more info that is displayed when the system restarts from the crash:

Problem signature:
Locale ID: 1033
BCP1: 0000000000000021
BCP2: FFFFF900C0BA4000
BCP3: 0000000000005150
BCP4: 69585300B0202F59

A:BSOD Bad Pool Header 0x19

Even before we can begin to investigate the underlying cause we need to update these drivers from as far back as 2005

Code:
TVicPort64.SYS 3/30/2005 5:12:54 AM fffff880`05ff3000 fffff880`05ffa000 0x00007000 0x424a6d96
psadd.sys 2/19/2007 2:56:37 PM fffff880`044c5000 fffff880`044d0000 0x0000b000 0x45d9f2e5
VSTCNXT6.SYS 10/15/2008 8:52:22 PM fffff880`0588c000 fffff880`05957000 0x000cb000 0x48f69046
VSTAZL6.SYS 10/15/2008 8:53:42 PM fffff880`05309000 fffff880`0535b000 0x00052000 0x48f69096
VSTDPV6.SYS 10/15/2008 8:57:45 PM fffff880`0568b000 fffff880`057ff000 0x00174000 0x48f69189
smihlp.sys 3/13/2009 8:47:32 AM fffff880`05823000 fffff880`0582a000 0x00007000 0x49ba55e4
e1e6032e.sys 3/24/2009 2:17:23 PM fffff880`03b62000 fffff880`03baa000 0x00048000 0x49c923b3
ADIHdAud.sys 5/18/2009 1:31:55 PM fffff880`05224000 fffff880`052a4000 0x00080000 0x4a119b8b
amdxata.sys 5/19/2009 1:56:59 PM fffff880`01051000 fffff880`0105c000 0x0000b000 0x4a12f2eb
athrx.sys 6/9/2009 2:06:49 PM fffff880`03c2a000 fffff880`03d82000 0x00158000 0x4a2ea4b9
ApsHM64.sys 6/18/2009 3:18:13 AM fffff880`014e5000 fffff880`014ef000 0x0000a000 0x4a39ea35
Apsx64.sys 6/18/2009 3:22:30 AM fffff880`01869000 fffff880`0188e000 0x00025000 0x4a39eb36
How To Find Drivers:

Quote:
- search Google for the name of the driver
- compare the Google results with what's installed on your system to figure out which device/program it belongs to
- visit the web site of the manufacturer of the hardware/program to get the latest drivers (DON'T use Windows Update or the Update driver function of Device Manager).
- if there are difficulties in locating them, post back with questions and someone will try and help you locate the appropriate program.

- - The most common drivers are listed on this page: Driver Reference Driver Reference
- - Driver manufacturer links are on this page: Drivers and Downloads
ALSO you should update to SP-1

Please run the System Update Readiness Tool (SURT) and then update to SP-1
32 Bit

Download: System Update Readiness Tool for Windows 7 (KB947821) [February 2012] - Microsoft Download Center - Download Details

64 Bit

Download: System Update Readiness Tool for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB947821) [February 2012] - Microsoft Download Center - Download Details
Now update to SP-1

Learn how to install Windows 7 Service Pack 1 &#40;SP1&#41;

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/222163-bsod-bad-pool-header-0x19.html
Relevancy 80.41%

I have multiple minidumps from using verifier that kept reporting I had a bad driver. However when I turned it off I could boot normally and I didn't have any problems until recently. Closing out of the game Fallout: New Vegas caused a BSOD that stated there was a Bad Pool Header which is odd because I have also had a BSOD a few days ago when opening a game using Steam as well. I am wondering if anyone could review these minidumps and see if it is something like my antivirus causing the problem.

A:Keep getting BSOD most likely due to Drivers? Bad pool header

Forgot to include .dmp files

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/246069-keep-getting-bsod-most-likely-due-drivers-bad-pool-header.html
Relevancy 80.41%

I have a custom built PC running Windows Pro x The all parts are months old except for one GB internal HDD I have some media on There doesn't seem to be any real pattern to the BSOD The closest thing to a pattern I've noticed is when I've been working for a while and then open a new application it'll BSOD minutes every Bad BSOD Pool Header 15-20 - So I'm doing xyz in Outlook then I decide to open Chrome and it blue screens I swapped out the BSOD every 15-20 minutes - Bad Pool Header RAM I have two GB DIMMs and it make the BSOD's far less frequent but they still happen Prior to the RAM swap it was happening every minutes or so After the RAM swap it'll go - hours without a BSOD I haven't made any other hardware or software changes recently I did the usual virus malware removal techniques but nothing turned up I can work in Safe Mode without issue At this point I think it might be two things The old GB internal HDD One time I opened Windows Explorer and began to browse that drive and it BSOD'd right away I have a PCIe card for wireless - TP-Link Mbps N Dual Band I have a suspicion that it might be causing the problem

A:BSOD every 15-20 minutes - Bad Pool Header

Welcome to the forums cjt20one,

Code:
BugCheck 19, {20, fffffa800a33b680, fffffa800a33b720, 40a000d}

GetPointerFromAddress: unable to read from fffff80003513100
GetUlongFromAddress: unable to read from fffff800035131c0
Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiUnmapViewOfSection+295 )

Code:
Usual causes: Device driver
This bugcheck indicates that a pool header has become corrupt, the Windows Memory Manager will allocate a block of memory which is more than needed, in order to add information about the allocation such as size and a tag, the extra memory used is called the header.

The common causes for this bugcheck are device drivers, RAM and the hard-drive.

Run Driver Verifier to scan for any corrupted drivers which may be causing problems, this program works by running various stress tests on drivers, in order to produce a BSOD which will locate the driver; run for least 24 hours:Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable

Information
Additional Help - Using Driver Verifier to identify issues with Drivers
Run Memtest86+ for least 9-10 passes, and preferably overnight as it can take a while to fully complete.

Test each RAM stick individually, if an error is found then move the same RAM stick into the next DIMM slot and test again, if errors are found for the same RAM stick in every available slot then you have a faulty RAM module. On the other hand, if no errors are found in the next slot or the other slots for the same RAM module, then you have a faulty DIMM slot.

Test each RAM stick and every motherboard DIMM slot available.

Quote: Originally Posted by Arc

testSlot1Slot2RAM1ErrorErrorRAM2GoodGood It is a RAM, a bad RAM.

But if you have got a result like that:
testSlot1Slot2RAM1ErrorGoodRAM2ErrorGood It is a motherboard issue. The particular slot is bad.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/294987-bsod-every-15-20-minutes-bad-pool-header.html
Relevancy 80.41%

Hoping for some help with two recent BSODs which indicate Bad Pool Header error I have a Gateway GM - BSOD Header Bad Pool / ntkrnlpa.exe and am running Windows Vista Home Premium SP On both occasions I was browsing the internet using Google Chrome One one occasion I was playing Words with Friends on Facebook and on the other occasion I was viewing a video on YouTube Both occasions had BSODs which listed Bad Pool Header The steps I have taken Ran a full scan using Malwarebytes Quarantined and deleted pup cnet adware bundle Ran full scan on Norton with no issues noted Ran WinDbg The following is BSOD - Bad Pool Header / ntkrnlpa.exe the dump file analysis report Microsoft reg Windows Debugger Version X Copyright copy Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved Loading Dump File C Windows MEMORY DMP Kernel Summary Dump File Only kernel address space is available Symbol search BSOD - Bad Pool Header / ntkrnlpa.exe path is SRV c symbols http msdl microsoft com download symbols Executable search path is Windows Server Windows Vista Kernel Version Service Pack MP procs Free x compatible Product WinNt suite TerminalServer SingleUserTS Personal Built by x fre vistasp gdr - Machine Name Kernel base x e PsLoadedModuleList x f fc Debug session time Sat Jan GMT- System Uptime days Loading Kernel Symbols Loading User Symbols Loading unloaded module list Bugcheck Analysis Use analyze -v to get detailed debugging information BugCheck f Page a a not present in the dump file Type quot hh dbgerr quot for details Probably caused by ntkrpamp exe nt ExFreePoolWithTag f Followup MachineOwner --------- kd gt analyze -v Bugcheck Analysis BAD POOL HEADER The pool is already corrupt BSOD - Bad Pool Header / ntkrnlpa.exe at the time of the current request This may or may not be due to the caller The internal pool links must be walked to figure out a possible cause of the problem and then special pool applied to the suspect tags or the driver verifier to a suspect driver Arguments Arg a pool block header size is corrupt Arg The pool entry we were looking for within the page Arg The next pool entry Arg f reserved Debugging Details ------------------ Page a a not present in the dump file Type quot hh dbgerr quot for details BUGCHECK STR x POOL ADDRESS Nonpaged pool DEFAULT BUCKET ID VISTA DRIVER FAULT PROCESS NAME System CURRENT IRQL LAST CONTROL TRANSFER from ef to ed b f STACK TEXT d d d ef nt KeBugCheckEx x e d d a c ef c d d a nt ExFreePoolWithTag x f d d a c ab d d a bc nt ExFreePool xf d d a bc b bb b b fltmgr ExFreeToPagedLookasideList x e d d a cc a fltmgr DoFreeContextMemory x d d a de d d abc fltmgr DoFreeContext x d d d aa d cc c e c fltmgr DoReleaseContext x d d abc a cc a c ffffffff fltmgr FltpDeleteContextList x d d adc a ba cc c e fltmgr CleanupStreamListCtrl x b d d af e b cc c f fltmgr DeleteStreamListCtrlCallback x a d d b a b a c e c e c e nt FsRtlTeardownPerStreamContexts x d d b c a acb c e Ntfs NtfsDeleteScb x f d d b a b f c e Ntfs NtfsRemoveScb xc d d b a b d f c e Ntfs NtfsPrepareFcbForRemoval x d d bd a ac d f dd d ca f Ntfs NtfsTeardownFromLcb x d d d c a f ca f f f Ntfs NtfsTeardownStructures xed d d c a ee f ca f f ca f Ntfs NtfsDecrementCloseCounts xad d d cb a b a b f ca f f ca f Ntfs NtfsCommonClose x da d d d eade d Ntfs NtfsFspClose x d d d c fddfe f nt ExpWorkerThread xfd d d dc e efe eadd nt PspSystemThreadStartup x d nt KiThreadStartup x STACK COMMAND kb FOLLOWUP IP nt ExFreePoolWithTag f ef cc int SYMBOL STACK INDEX SYMBOL NAME nt ExFreePoolWithTag f FOLLOWUP NAME MachineOwner MODULE NAME nt IMAGE NAME ntkrpamp exe DEBUG FLR IMAGE TIMESTAMP ea b e FAILURE BUCKET ID x nt ExFreePoolWithTag f BUCKET ID x nt ExFreePoolWithTag f Followup MachineOwner --------- Any help would be greatly appreciated thanks

A:BSOD - Bad Pool Header / ntkrnlpa.exe

Let's try this.Download/install BlueScreenView, http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html .Double-click BlueScreenView.exe file.When autoscan is done (screen comes up), click Edit/Select All...then File/Save Selected Items.Save the report as BSOD.txt.Open BSOD.txt, copy all content and paste it into your next reply.Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/436730/bsod-bad-pool-header-ntkrnlpaexe/
Relevancy 80.41%

I am fairly new at this troubleshooting but I did follow all the steps you provided. Attached is the requested file. Thank you in advance for all your help.

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/50216-4th-bsod-bad-pool-header-last-hour.html
Relevancy 80.41%

hello.

Can anyone help?

5 minutes after every start up I get bsod 'BAD_POOL_HEADER' or sometimes an irql not less or equal bsod. After restart the computer works ok.

windows 7 32-bit installed for about 1 month
dell inspiron 6400, 3 years old.
new ram recently added - now has 2 gb

files attached

many thanks!

ben

A:BSOD bad pool header after every startup

Welcome Ben

Sorry, but no files are attached. Follow these instructions and someone will help
http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/110753-bsod-bad-pool-header-after-every-startup.html
Relevancy 80.41%

Hi, I have the Bad Pool Caller BSOD when I turn on my web browser or at other random moments. This happens ONLY when I have wifi ON. With wifi off the computer works fine. Recently I installed Comodo Internet Security but it didnt show up in installed programs so I used the uninstall app delivered with it. Later I installed Kaspersky. Then the problems begun. I cant use internet but the Metro Mail app works (others like News dont connect to the net).
I checked this thread:
bad_pool_caller
I cant open my minidump file so Im posting it here.
I dont have any programs listed in this topic.
Please help me solve this problem.

A:BSOD - Bad Pool Caller/Header

Welcome to EightForums.

The BSOD seems to be caused by Kaspersky KNEPS Power driver I would uninstall Kaspersky and use the default antivirus app on Win 8 and see if it stops the BSOD problem.

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck C2, {7, 11c1, 40d000e, fffffa8005fb1a00}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for kneps.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for kneps.sys
GetPointerFromAddress: unable to read from fffff800d1dca168
GetUlongFromAddress: unable to read from fffff800d1dca1f8
Probably caused by : kneps.sys ( kneps+67e1 )

---------

* Bugcheck Analysis *

BAD_POOL_CALLER (c2)
The current thread is making a bad pool request. Typically this is at a bad IRQL level or double freeing the same allocation, etc.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000007, Attempt to free pool which was already freed
Arg2: 00000000000011c1, (reserved)
Arg3: 00000000040d000e, Memory contents of the pool block
Arg4: fffffa8005fb1a00, Address of the block of pool being deallocated

Debugging Details:
------------------

Removal tool for Kaspersky Lab products

Hope this helps.

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/18513-bsod-bad-pool-caller-header.html
Relevancy 80.41%

Hey guys After taking my laptop from my own house to my parent's I tried to start up and I got a BSOD stating Bad Pool Header I haven't been able to get on since It keeps repeating Pool Header Bad BSOD on startup the error I tried the suggested repair and that failed I also tried a recovery BSOD Bad Pool Header on startup point which failed and was subsequently removed I'm not that good with computers so I don't really know what to do now Any help would be greatly appreciated I have an Asus Laptop gb RAM Intel i Ghz Nvdia GT M Unfortunately I can't run the suggested programs before posting since I can't get further than the startup screen I did try to fill in the question below OS - Windos Premium I don't know if it's x or x What was original installed OS on system Windows Premium Is the OS an OEM version came pre-installed on system or full retail version YOU purchased it from retailer Pre-installed on system Age of system hardware About years Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS Also about years I haven't reinstalled the OS CPU intel core i - M Ghz Video Card Nvidia Geforce GT M GB MotherBoard I don't know Power Supply - brand amp wattage I also don't know System Manufacturer Asus Exact model number if laptop check label on bottom K S Cheers

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-bad-pool-header-on-startup-769842.html
Relevancy 80.41%

Got this desktop which has been working fine, no problems, no bluescreens ,etc. Only issue is it has a small HD, 80GB Sata. I bought a 250GB Sata, cloned the drive, with no problems. Swapped drives, the computer booted to XP fine right away, but after 2-5 minutes, the computer will BSOD with BAD POOL HEADER (on ntkrpamp.exe). I swapped the old HD back in and the computer stopped BSOD'ing.

Just in case, i tested the new HD with 2 different HD test (DFT and Seatools), both pass. I also ran a short memtest, with no errors.
I attached the minidumps.

Any help?
Thanks!

A:Cloned HD, now BSOD'ing Bad Pool Header

Inside the 4 MiniDumps:

BugCheck 19, {20, e1161950, e1161970, c040601}
Probably caused by : ntkrpamp.exe

BugCheck 19, {20, e11ef5a0, e11ef5c0, c040201}

BugCheck 19, {20, e323d368, e323d388, c040201}

BugCheck 19, {20, e33e1210, e33e1230, c040401}
PROCESS_NAME: SystemClick to expand...

Well that's consistant !

Please update all your Manufacture/Motherboard/Video Drivers

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cloned-hd-now-bsoding-bad-pool-header.113328/
Relevancy 80.41%

So, I've been getting these 2 BSODs with my cheapo lenovo system but I can't figure out why. It started on Windows 7 but continued to do it with windows 8.1
There doesn't seem to be any pattern to when it happens, only when I have a lot of windows open. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.
Thank You, Jeff

A:DPC Watchdog/Bad Pool Header BSOD

Sorry, I forgot include:
· OS - Windows 8.1· x32 or x64 ? x64· What was original installed OS on system? Windows 8.1 with bing came preinstalled, I downgraded to 7 because I don't like 8 then reinstalled 8.1 after BSODs to attempt to fix.· Is the OS an OEM version (came pre-installed on system) or full retail version (YOU purchased it from retailer)? see above· Age of system (hardware) - Manufactured May 2014· Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS? maybe a month or two, see above· CPU - AMD E1 1.4 GHz· Video Card - Integrated· MotherBoard - (if NOT a laptop) - Lenovo· Power Supply - brand & wattage (skip if laptop) - Lenovo 150W External, I think· System Manufacturer - Lenovo· Exact model number  - H515s· Laptop or Desktop? Desktop

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/580780/dpc-watchdogbad-pool-header-bsod/
Relevancy 80.41%

i helped a freind recently upgrade his rig, it's a i3 530, gigabyte board, 4gb (2x2gb) OCZ PC3-10666, etc. it was running fine until last week when he started getting bsod with 'bad pool header' or something like that. so i went over and i though it was the ram, it was in slots 1 and 3, so i played around with it, slot 1reboot, 1-2reboot, 1-4reboot, and then put it back to 1-3reboot. worked fine until yesterday, now hes getting the same errors. hes running windows7 home prem. 64-bit. also it seems to be happening at random, could be playing a game or just surfing.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-bsod-pool-header.907588/
Relevancy 80.41%

These BSOD issues started about 3 days ago. I would encounter them while playing games. However, the Bad Pool Header just happened when my computer was idle.

It's starting to seriously affect my work as well. Any help you can give would be greatly appreciated.

I have attached the required documents.

Windows 7 64 Professional
Technet installation
The hardware is just over 2 years old
The OS installation was done when I built the computer 2 years ago.

Thanks.

A:Bad Pool Header and dxgmms1.sys BSOD

Asacpi.sys

The pre 2009 version of this driver is a known BSOD cause.

Quote:
Please visit this link: Asus tek computer inc. -support- drivers and download p7p55d le

ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download P7P55D LE
ASUSTeK Computer Inc. - Motherboards- ASUS P5K-VM

Scroll down to the utilities category, then scroll down to the "atk0110 driver for windowsxp/vista/windows 7 32&64-bit" (it's about the 12th item down).

Download and install it.

Go to c:\windows\system32\drivers to check and make sure that the asacpi.sys file is date stamped from 2009 or 2010 (not before).

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/219053-bad-pool-header-dxgmms1-sys-bsod.html
Relevancy 80.41%

Hi,
I upgraded my Win 7 PC to Win 10 and it works fine but whenever left idle it eventually crashes with a BAD POOL HEADER error. Any ideas how to fix?
Thanks,
Chris

A:BSOD BAD POOL HEADER when idle

Please uninstall iTunes and download iTunes again.
A driver from Gear, used by iTunes has been flagged in every dump.

Code:
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for GEARAspiWDM.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for GEARAspiWDM.sys
1: kd> lmvm gearaspiwdm
start end module name
fffff800`61900000 fffff800`61906c00 GEARAspiWDM T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: GEARAspiWDM.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\GEARAspiWDM.sys
Image name: GEARAspiWDM.sys
Timestamp: Thu May 03 21:56:17 2012 (4FA2E2E1)
CheckSum: 00008963
ImageSize: 00006C00

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/34613-bsod-bad-pool-header-when-idle.html
Relevancy 80.41%

Hi guys, been getting the BSOD issues lately (will happen in intervals between 10-15 mins). Normally BSOD occurs when browsing sites that have flash player. Don't know if this is the exact reason so hopefully you guys can help me out. Thanks.

Attached is the necessary info.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/394389-bsod-crashes-bad-pool-header.html
Relevancy 80.41%

I had a BSOD with Bad Pool Header and manage to debug it Here are the details Microsoft reg Windows Debugger Version AMD Copyright copy Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved Loading Dump File C Users JinXiang Downloads - Pool Advice. Please Header. Help - Bad BSOD and - dmp Mini Kernel Dump File Only registers and stack trace are available BSOD - Bad Pool Header. Please Help and Advice. Symbol Path validation summary Response Time BSOD - Bad Pool Header. Please Help and Advice. ms Location Deferred SRV C debug http msdl microsoft com download BSOD - Bad Pool Header. Please Help and Advice. symbols Symbol search path is SRV C debug http msdl microsoft com download symbols Executable search path is Windows Kernel Version Service Pack MP procs Free x Product WinNt suite TerminalServer SingleUserTS Personal Built by amd fre win sp gdr - Machine Name Kernel base xfffff PsLoadedModuleList xfffff d Debug session time Tue Jun UTC System Uptime days Loading Kernel Symbols Press ctrl-c cdb kd ntsd or ctrl-break windbg to abort symbol loads that take too long Run sym noisy before reload to track down problems loading symbols Loading User Symbols Loading unloaded module list Bugcheck Analysis Use analyze -v to get detailed debugging information BugCheck fffffa d fffffa d a WARNING Unable to verify timestamp for mwac sys ERROR Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for mwac sys Probably caused by fwpkclnt sys fwpkclnt FwpsConstructIpHeaderForTransportPacket a Followup MachineOwner --------- kd gt analyze -v Bugcheck Analysis BAD POOL HEADER The pool is already corrupt at the time of the current request This may or may not be due to the caller The internal pool links must be walked to figure out a possible cause of the problem and then special pool applied to the suspect tags or the driver verifier to a suspect driver Arguments Arg a pool block header size is corrupt Arg fffffa d The pool entry we were looking for within the page Arg fffffa d The next pool entry Arg a reserved Debugging Details ------------------ BUGCHECK STR x POOL ADDRESS GetPointerFromAddress unable to read from fffff b GetUlongFromAddress unable to read from fffff b c fffffa d Nonpaged pool CUSTOMER CRASH COUNT DEFAULT BUCKET ID WIN DRIVER FAULT PROCESS NAME mbamservice ex CURRENT IRQL ANALYSIS VERSION debuggers dbg - amd fre LAST CONTROL TRANSFER from fffff b cbe to fffff a c STACK TEXT fffff f fffff b cbe fffffa d fffffa d nt KeBugCheckEx fffff fffff cfd e fffff a nt ExAllocatePoolWithTag x a a fffff b fffff a a fffff c fffffa e d tcpip IppInspectBuildHeaders x d fffff fffff d b d fffffa a fwpkclnt FwpsConstructIpHeaderForTransportPacket x a fffff fffffa a fffffa a mwac x d fffff fffffa a fffffa a x fffff fffffa a fffffa a x STACK COMMAND kb FOLLOWUP IP fwpkclnt FwpsConstructIpHeaderForTransportPacket a fffff a a c test eax eax SYMBOL STACK INDEX SYMBOL NAME fwpkclnt FwpsConstructIpHeaderForTransportPacket a FOLLOWUP NAME MachineOwner MODULE NAME fwpkclnt IMAGE NAME fwpkclnt sys DEBUG FLR IMAGE TIMESTAMP e f c IMAGE VERSION FAILURE BUCKET ID X x fwpkclnt FwpsConstructIpHeaderForTransportPacket a BUCKET ID X x fwpkclnt FwpsConstructIpHeaderForTransportPacket a ANALYSIS SOURCE KM FAILURE ID HASH STRING km x x fwpkclnt fwpsconstructipheaderfortransportpacket a FAILURE ID HASH e f- -d a - d -a c a f Followup MachineOwner --------- Please advice

A:BSOD - Bad Pool Header. Please Help and Advice.

fwpkclnt.sys is a firewall driver. I would uninstall Malwarebytes and see if you continue to get the BSOD.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/580391/bsod-bad-pool-header-please-help-and-advice/
Relevancy 80.41%

Hi there. I have a Gateway DX4840 that has run great for about 18 months. The other day I left it alone and came back later to find it had restarted after an error, and now it is very sloooooow and I've had two more BSOD's. It is essentially unusable now, so any help is greatly appreciated.

The jcgriff zip file is attached. (Note: I couldn't get the perfmon report to work... when I tried it said: "Error: An error occured while attempting to generate the report. The system cannot find the path specified.")

Here's the system info:
computer name: ERIC-PC
windows version: Windows 7 Service Pack 1, 6.1, build: 7601
windows dir: C:\Windows
CPU: GenuineIntel Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU 650 @ 3.20GHz Intel586, level: 6
4 logical processors, active mask: 15
RAM: 8580612096 total
VM: 2147352576, free: 2015629312

A:BSOD Bad Pool Header Win7

Recommendations:
I see a problem with your Intel Storage drivers as well as your display card drivers. Recommend re-installing both from Gateway Support

To fully re-install a driver, use the following general steps.First, download the latest driver. Then do the next steps.
Click Start Menu
Right Click My Computer/Computer
Click Manage
Click Device Manager from the list on the left
Find the device you are trying to uninstall by expanding the appropriate set of devices
Right click the device
Click Uninstall (do not click OK in the dialog box that pops up after hitting Uninstall)
Put a tick in Delete driver software for this device (if this option is available, otherwise just hit OK) and hit OK
Restart your computer only if Windows asks you to.
Install the latest driver for the device.

Alternatively:Login as an adminstrative user.
First, download the latest driver. Then do the next steps.
Click Start Menu
Click Control Panel
Click Hardware and Sound
Click Device Manager (the last link under Devices and Printers)
Find the device you are trying to uninstall by expanding the appropriate set of devices
Right click the device
Click Uninstall (do not click OK in the dialog box that pops up after hitting Uninstall)
Put a tick in Delete driver software for this device (if this option is available, otherwise just hit OK) and hit OK
Restart your computer only if Windows asks you to.
Install the latest driver for the device.

You may also want to run a disk check with Automatically fix file system errors checked to check for a corrupted file system.

Code:
Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.2.9200.16384 X86
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Loading Dump File [E:\BSODDmpFiles\Grudunza\Windows7_Vista_jcgriff2~\Windows7_Vista_jcgriff2\112412-90761-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available
Symbol search path is: srv*c:\symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7601 (Service Pack 1) MP (4 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS Personal
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`0305e000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`032a2670
Debug session time: Sat Nov 24 15:40:09.055 2012 (UTC - 7:00)
System Uptime: 8 days 21:03:26.530
* Bugcheck Analysis *
BugCheck 19, {20, fffff8a0113472a0, fffff8a011347ff0, 4d5d860}
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for iaStor.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for iaStor.sys
Probably caused by : iaStor.sys ( iaStor+261b1 )
1: kd> kd: Reading initial command '!niemiro.rawstack; !niemiro.rawstack -dc; !niemiro.auto_errrec; q'
fffff880`0311b958 fffff800`03207cae nt!ExDeferredFreePool+0x12da
fffff880`0311b9c8 fffff800`030e8598 nt!KeUpdateRunTime+0xb8
fffff880`0311ba08 fffff880`010661b1 iaStor+0x261b1
fffff880`0311ba18 fffff880`01090052 iaStor+0x50052
fffff880`0311ba58 fffff880`0106d7d4 iaStor+0x2d7d4
fffff880`0311ba88 fffff880`01049e89 iaStor+0x9e89
fffff880`0311bae8 fffff880`0104a4f6 iaStor+0xa4f6
fffff880`0311bb08 fffff880`01065c13 iaStor+0x25c13
fffff880`0311bb18 fffff880`01049aa9 iaStor+0x9aa9
fffff880`0311bb48 fffff880`01049930 iaStor+0x9930
fffff880`0311bb88 fffff880`01049879 iaStor+0x9879
fffff880`0311bba8 fffff880`0f37daabUnable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
fffff880`0311bbb8 fffff880`0106d4e7 iaStor+0x2d4e7
fffff880`0311bbc0 fffff880`0f37dcee nvlddmkm+0xbdcee
fffff880`0311bbe0 fffff800`030d8e56 nt... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-bad-pool-header-win7-677552.html
Relevancy 80.41%

Hi,
I was actually looking at the forum on another screen and computer when this machine BSOD and rebooted. Winamp was open but not playing music. Nothing else was running other than system tasks and CCleaner which was wiping the free space on the C drive. It said it had about an hour to go. I have never seen this machine do this before. I have 3 versions of 7 on it, 2 x 64 bit Enterprise and a 32 bit for games etc.
The version that crashed was 64 bit Enterprise with classic desktop.I have attached dump file. Malwarebytes was run yesterday and other than some Nirsoft tools nothing was found, Spybot also finds nothing. I use Avast Free for Anti virus and have never had a problem with it.
I was actually gobsmacked when it did this. I am thinking it was most likely CCleaners drive wipe that messed with something.
Thanks,
Tony.

A:BSOD when idle Bad Pool Header

Hello Tony,

Code:
fffff880`0a310ca8 fffff800`037c2be9 : 00000000`000000c2 00000000`00000007 00000000`0000109b 00000000`0504011c : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`0a310cb0 fffff800`0366552b : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`18ded490 fffffa80`18ded490 : nt!ExDeferredFreePool+0x1201
fffff880`0a310d60 fffff800`03665c52 : 00000000`00000000 fffff800`0366e611 00000000`00000000 00000000`43060000 : nt!MmPurgeSection+0x71b
fffff880`0a310e50 fffff880`012a453f : fffffa80`1905a548 00000000`00000000 fffff8a0`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!CcPurgeCacheSection+0x172
fffff880`0a310ec0 fffff880`012c50c3 : fffff880`0a311730 fffff8a0`43d66010 fffff8a0`43cbc140 fffff880`0a3111c8 : Ntfs!NtfsDeleteFile+0x57b
fffff880`0a311140 fffff880`01233c99 : fffff980`c5ca6c00 fffff880`012d26b0 fffff880`0a311690 00000000`00006000 : Ntfs!NtfsCommonCleanup+0x1653
fffff880`0a311550 fffff800`036a3c48 : fffff880`0a311690 fffff880`0a311668 00000000`11a6f2f0 00000000`00000000 : Ntfs!NtfsCommonCleanupCallout+0x19
fffff880`0a311580 fffff880`01233d12 : fffff880`01233c80 fffff800`0369c646 fffff880`0a311900 00000000`00000000 : nt!KeExpandKernelStackAndCalloutEx+0xd8
fffff880`0a311660 fffff880`012d2a94 : fffff880`0a311730 fffff880`0a311730 fffff880`0a311730 fffffa80`1b0f4c60 : Ntfs!NtfsCommonCleanupOnNewStack+0x42
fffff880`0a3116d0 fffff880`01002bcf : fffff880`0a311730 fffffa80`1a907c10 fffffa80`1a907fb0 fffffa80`1b0f4bb0 : Ntfs!NtfsFsdCleanup+0x144
fffff880`0a311940 fffff880`010016df : fffffa80`0dac1cb0 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`0d93bd00 fffffa80`1a907c10 : fltmgr!FltpLegacyProcessingAfterPreCallbacksCompleted+0x24f
fffff880`0a3119d0 fffff800`0399b5ef : fffffa80`1a907c10 fffffa80`0eec1b30 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`104b68c0 : fltmgr!FltpDispatch+0xcf
fffff880`0a311a30 fffff800`0398ad14 : 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`0eec1b30 fffffa80`1a900100 fffffa80`104b68c0 : nt!IopCloseFile+0x11f
fffff880`0a311ac0 fffff800`0398aad1 : fffffa80`0eec1b30 fffffa80`00000001 fffff8a0`16676520 00000000`00000000 : nt!ObpDecrementHandleCount+0xb4
fffff880`0a311b40 fffff800`0398b094 : 00000000`0000032c fffffa80`0eec1b30 fffff8a0`16676520 00000000`0000032c : nt!ObpCloseHandleTableEntry+0xb1
fffff880`0a311bd0 fffff800`03697253 : fffffa80`1110a600 fffff880`0a311ca0 00000000`0481f600 00000000`00000020 : nt!ObpCloseHandle+0x94
fffff880`0a311c20 00000000`00000000 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiSystemServiceCopyEnd+0x13
Well there seem to be lot of NTFS errors. They can be caused by Antivirus programs.

RECOMMENDATIONS

I'd first suggest you to remove these programs with relevant removal tool by searching in google or use the free version of Revo uninstaller, uninstall in "Advanced Mode":

Code:
Start Menu\Programs\avast! Free Antivirus Public:Start Menu\Programs\avast! Free Antivirus Public
Start Menu\Programs\COMODO Public:Start Menu\Programs\COMODO Public
Start Menu\Programs\COMODO\COMODO Firewall Public:Start Menu\Programs\COMODO\COMODO Firewall Public
Start Menu\Programs\Spybot - Search & Destroy Public:Start Menu\Programs\Spybot - Search & Destroy Public
Start Menu\Programs\TuneUp Utilities 2012 Public:Start Menu\Programs\TuneUp Utilities 2012 Public
Start Menu\Programs\TuneUp Utilities 2012\All functions Public:Start Menu\Programs\TuneUp Utilities 2012\All functions Public
COMODO Internet Security "c:\program files\comodo\comodo internet security\cfp.exe" -h Public HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
COMODO uninstall tool
avast! Uninstall Utility | Download aswClear for avast! Removal
How to uninstall | Spybot ?
System Optimisers

These programs can be cause of BSOD's. The windows 7 operating system does not require these registry cleaning software. They often tune-down rather than tune-up and can wreck the OS beyond repair. Microsoft have improved Windows 7 significantly and it is much better at organising and optimising itself than its predecessors. Chec... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/266077-bsod-when-idle-bad-pool-header.html