Windows Support Forum

Accessing BIOS on an Asus Laptop

Q: Accessing BIOS on an Asus Laptop

I recently purchased an Asus N VJDH laptop The laptop came preinstalled with the abomination known as Windows I am trying to change the boot order so the laptop will boot from BIOS Asus an on Laptop Accessing my Windows disk To do this I need to access BIOS I have tried most of the standard key combinations F F F F Insert Delete but I cannot seem to access BIOS I even contact Asus Tech support by phone but their representatives are a special kind of useless They would not provide me a straight answer to this question Does anyone else have Asus laptops Do they know how to Accessing BIOS on an Asus Laptop access BIOS Update I have half solved this problem There is a rather convoluted procedure listed here http forum notebookreview com asus -need-help-asus-n vz-rh -cant-enter-bios html that enables me to access BIOS Still this is something I should be able to access upon booting I should not be going through the operating system just to access BIOS If something ever went seriously wrong with my computer I may never be able to fix it if the only way to access BIOS is listed above nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/accessing-bios-on-an-asus-laptop.197791/
Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Accessing BIOS on an Asus Laptop

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 64.07%

Hi agian all,

I recently purchased a Advent 9517 laptop with vista on from pc world, when i boot and press F2 I get the bios screen up but there are no options in there for cpu tempature or memory options.. is there a way of accessing this information, reason being laptop has shut down a few times due to overheating and i wish to check the shut down temps to compare to logs.
Many thanks

A:help accessing full bios on advent vista laptop

Hello rs2ooo16valve

Have you tried removing the CMOS battery and then clearing CMOS with the
jumper set to clear for about 30 seconds, and then put it back the way it
was?

Clearing the CMOS can be done a few ways. The most common way is to use the jumper on the motherboard. This jumper has two settings. Normal and Clear. Moving the jumper to the Clear setting will erase the settings stored in CMOS. It does not remove the BIOS itself, only the user defined settings within the CMOS. When you clear the CMOS you will most likely see the error message "CMOS Checksum Error" on the next reboot. You can enter the BIOS setup at this point or before and reconfigure the settings.

Another method is to remove the CMOS battery from the system. Removing the battery is usually the second method as it may take anywhere from 15 minutes to 8 hours in order for the CMOS to loss the settings. Once the CMOS is clear, you should know by the "BIOS checksum error, press F1 to continue ", or "CMOS Checksum Error - Defaults Loaded" message at bootup.

You may also be able to clear the CMOS in some cases by forcing a system configuration change. Changing hardware, such as adding or removing a few SIMM's may cause a CMOS error and allow you to proceed to the BIOS setup.

On a few systems it may be possible to clear the CMOS by pressing the Ins key during the power up of the system. Holding the Key down may clear the CMOS and restore the defaults. This may or may not work on your system.

On some boards, it must be moved to the Clear position while the power is OFF, then moved back. If you power on the board with the jumper in the clear position, it can damage the board.

regards

Craig

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/help-accessing-full-bios-on-advent-vista-laptop-231311.html
Relevancy 63.64%

My Screen is broken and I need to wipe my System. I normaly run it on an external display with HDMI. The Bios seems not to have a driver for it. External screen wont show anything after hitting the novo-button.Any workarounds?

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/100S-11IBY-Laptop-ideapad-Accessing-BIOS-boot-menu-and-System/td-p/3415361
Relevancy 62.35%

hi,

i'm trying to figure which bios i should be using from the asus website. the laptop is asus k52n running windows10 x64 pro. the current bios reads v2.13, dated 08/21/2010.

the asus website has nothing listed for windows 10. there is a choice between "windows 7 32/64" and "others". the listing for windows 7 x64 is described as v2.30.3 which would seem to be a newer version, however it is dated as 07/14/2010 which is older than my current version. the "others" listing is described as v3.12 and dated 11/24/2010, which is definitely more recent than my current version.

i'd appreciate some advice on which to choose. i've been having some bs(od) issues for some time and i'd like to see if a bios change would help. here's a link to the asus driver webpage:

K52N | Notebooks | ASUS Global

thanks.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/67113-need-help-bios-asus-laptop.html
Relevancy 61.49%

My friend's Asus q450 series laptop got locked by bios accidentaly now can not enter windows. Disassembling laptop is not easy so friends is there any possibility to reset bios without opening it? Please help

http://www.eightforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/75654-asus-laptop-bios-lock.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hello I recently purchased an Asus X A laptop It's an i M with GB of RAM GB HDD I used it for a few days before deciding to upgrade the storage and RAM even though it states on the Asus website this laptop supports only GB Crucial said it supported GB So I upgraded the HDD to a Corsair Neutron GTX GB and everything worked great I then decided to make one last BIOS 8 X501A Help Windows No Asus Please! Laptop upgrade and bump up the RAM to a Corsair Vengeance GB MHz The RAM is very hard to get to no back panels it's under the motherboard but I got to Windows 8 Asus X501A Laptop Help Please! No BIOS it and replaced it just fine I put it back together but it wouldn't boot I've tried draining the power remove Windows 8 Asus X501A Laptop Help Please! No BIOS battery and hold power for seconds didn't work I decided to take out the CMOS and wait a while Whilst trying to remove the CMOS battery I accidentally pulled out the wire Not wanting to solder I ordered a new one Which came and I installed it it still wouldn't boot I decided to just put back the GB RAM and use it like that I did and still wouldn't boot Here's what happens when I turn it on The screen is blank - NO BIOS what so ever - The hard drive light is on for about a second then goes completely off and won't come on again The Num Lock light and Power light stay on though I've tried all I can but it still won't budge Currently it's just sitting here with the SSD and GB of RAM I'm an aspiring IT Tech and this is the first computer I've been unable to fix Any help would be greatly appreciated thank you

A:Windows 8 Asus X501A Laptop Help Please! No BIOS

Bump... anyone?

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/13905-windows-8-asus-x501a-laptop-help-please-no-bios.html
Relevancy 61.06%

I recently posted a reply in a Day Old thread with people who had success using mismatched to their model BIOS firmware to gain access to the windows compatibility features specifically X553 Laptop 205 OS no in BIOS ASUS Selection quot OS Selection gt Windows quot I'm posting here as well because I figure this will ASUS X553 Laptop no OS Selection in BIOS 205 reach the grand audience and the users from the older post may get the email notification and have direct information I don't usually post in old threads but I've scoured the internet and tried many times installing with no success I've downgraded windows MANY times before actually EVERY time and never ran into a situation where would not load This is the first machine with windows out-of-the-box and it seems they are removing legacy supports for windows Anyway here is the post I've noticed you all having success installing the firmware on your machines I have a Machine and I'm not even able to see the firmware when I'm in the Easy Flash utility I've got an Asus X SA and there is NO quot OS Selection quot in the bios I was able to install Windows from a known-good ASUS X553 Laptop no OS Selection in BIOS 205 DVD after disabling secure boot enabling CSM and cleaning the drive in diskpart Unfortunately it does the usual quot Loading Windows gt Bluescreen gt LOOP quot In quot safe-mode quot the last driver to load is disk sys I've tried every BIOS firmware version on the asus driver support section of this mode's page I'm ASUS X553 Laptop no OS Selection in BIOS 205 currently running BIOS version which is the latest offered on the support page If ANYONE has WINDOWS ULTIMATE running on their X SA PLEASE let me know how you've done it Thank you so much in advance Rocco

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/392687-asus-x553-laptop-no-os-selection-bios-205-a.html
Relevancy 61.06%

My bluetooth stopped working in my ASUS Q302LA. Bluetooth doesn't even show in the Settings>Devices in Win 10. In Device Manager, under Microsoft LE Enumerator, Properties, it states "Device cannot start, Code 10." I clean installed win10 and am getting the same result, which leads me to think it is a BIOS problem. Any ideas.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/enable-bluetooth-in-bios-asus-laptop.1164644/
Relevancy 61.06%

Asus eSupport popped up a 'upgrade your Bios' on my Win 8.1 laptop on Tuesday. I clicked on it and I haven't been able to get to Windows since.

I have been able to copy some of my files off to an external usb hard drive.

Is there any way I can reverse this upgrade ? I have tried several restore points, they all have failed.

Thanks !

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/74317-bios-upgrade-failed-asus-laptop-win-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hey I got an asus g vw laptop I purchased an SSD a few days cannot laptop screen, up, HD BIOS black Asus access starts ago my laptop now uses both the SSD and HDD today it started up fine i however got a message from Asus laptop starts up, black screen, cannot access BIOS HD smartscreen windows saying my drive needed to be checked or something well it checked the drives after that i got a blue screen which said select your keyboard language i selected VN international upon which it didn't respond i just pressed the power button off to shut it off that way since i had to leave quickly after i came back a few hours later that's when it didn't work anymore This happens when i click the power button These lights come on power the lock button and the HDD light however this one turns off after seconds My screen is black for the entire duration no logo no nothing i can't go into BIOS either What i've tried - Removing the HDD and SSD multiple times starting up with only the HDD only the SSD with both etc - Turning all the power off removed the battery and charger pressing it down for seconds and restarting with only the charger back plugged in i did this for times - I tried removing the battery for an hour or so and nothing - I removed everything battery ssd hdd and let it stay for an hour also nothing - I tried using an external monitor but you can already guess nothing If anyone got any tips on how to fix this that'll be awesome

A:Asus laptop starts up, black screen, cannot access BIOS HD

Did you try F2 or F12 on booting?

http://www.pchelpforum.com/laptop-support/127561-asus-laptop-starts-up-black-screen-cannot-access-bios-hd.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hey I got an asus g vw laptop I purchased an SSD a few days ago my laptop now uses both the SSD and HDD today it started up fine i however got a message from smartscreen windows saying my drive needed to be checked access BIOS screen, cannot HDD Asus black up, starts laptop or something well it checked the drives after that i got a blue screen which said select your Asus laptop starts up, black screen, cannot access BIOS HDD keyboard language i selected VN international upon which it didn t respond i just pressed the power button off to shut it off that way since i had to leave quickly Asus laptop starts up, black screen, cannot access BIOS HDD after i came back a few hours later that s when it didn t work anymore This happens when i click the power button These lights come on power the lock button and the HDD light however this one turns off after seconds My screen is black for the entire duration no logo no nothing i can t go into BIOS either What i ve tried - Removing the HDD and SSD multiple times starting up with only the HDD only the SSD with both etc - Turning all the power off removed the battery and charger pressing it down for seconds and restarting with only the charger back plugged in i did this for times - I tried removing the battery for an hour or so and nothing - I removed everything battery ssd hdd and let it stay for an hour also nothing - I tried using an external monitor but you can already guess nothing If anyone got any tips on how to fix this that ll be awesome nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-laptop-starts-up-black-screen-cannot-access-bios-hdd.1161470/
Relevancy 58.91%

I have a friends Asus x h laptop that is not booting and it is droving me crazy What is happening When the power button is pressed the fan turns on and some indicator lights turn on including the hard drive indicator light Then the disc drive makes a noise and the hard drive indicator light turns off Here is a picture of the indicator lights Nothing ever shows up on the screen Asus Laptop x54h black no issue- booting screen, BIOS. Sometimes after running - minutes the laptop will just completely turn off What I have tried -Booting with just the power cord connected -Booting with just the battery connected -Taking Asus x54h Laptop booting issue- black screen, no BIOS. out the battery and unplugging the power cord and holding the power button for seconds then plug in and try to boot again -Attaching a screen and pushing the keyboard buttons to add an additional screen Nothing showed up on it -Taking it's hard Asus x54h Laptop booting issue- black screen, no BIOS. drive and putting it in a good laptop It booted into Windows and ran without issues -Replacing the current stick of ram with a new one from crucial com This laptop only has one RAM slot and I don't have any compatible RAM so I had Asus x54h Laptop booting issue- black screen, no BIOS. to just buy one I put it in and nothing happened differently Also if I remove the RAM completely nothing happens differently This made me think that there might be an issue with the RAM slot I looked at it and there seems to be something a little weird about one of the connectors Here is a picture I am not sure but I thought that this might be causing the RAM to not be detected I used a voltmeter to test between the trace of the RAM and where that connection goes into the motherboard and it seems to be good not certain though -Took apart the laptop and removed the CMOS battery overnight When I put it back together and pressed the power button nothing happened I tried a few more times and then it started to do what it usually does but then it powered off after a few seconds I tried again and it returned to normal doing what it usually did Fan turns on and indicator lights turn on disk drive runs for few seconds hard drive light turns off and screen remains black So now I am almost completely out of ideas The only thought I have is maybe trying to reflow the GPU What are your thoughts Do you think that might be the issue or is it the memory slot or something else I really want to get this working since my friend doesn't have the cash to buy a new laptop Thanks

A:Asus x54h Laptop booting issue- black screen, no BIOS.

The 3rd fin on the right side of RAM slot looks like broken. Is it the case?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/374534-asus-x54h-laptop-booting-issue-black-screen-no-bios.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I am trying to access the BIOS on a Compaq deskpro machine. Tried all the F keys, del key, but no joy. Any ideas please?

A:accessing the BIOS

Reboot the machine. When the company name, Compaq, displays in big red letters on the screen, a cursor should appear in the upper right hand corner of the screen. Press F10, and instead of booting normally, you should see the setup screen for the Compaq's BIOS.

Some Compaq machines have F12 as a BIOS setup key. If F10 doesn't work for you, it's worth a try. Another suggestion is Ctrl + F10 for newer models.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/accessing-the-bios.303235/
Relevancy 51.17%

Does anyone know how to access the BIOS (cmos setup screen) on a Compaq Presario 4716. I've tried every F key, Delete, etc., etc. I have installed a new hard drive and need to access BIOS. Thanks to anyone that can help.

A:Accessing the BIOS

You have to do it at the right time, for a Compaq it's generally when the little square box appears in the upper right-hand corner. Most Compaq's use F10 (I have an old puter which uses ctrl+alt+esc).

Hang in there - someone may come along with the exact answer you need.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/accessing-the-bios.78754/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi guys,
I m trying to access the BIOS setup utility on my pc to disable secure boot
but when i press F8 or any key i get this-

instead of this-

Any help would be appreciated,
Thanks.

A:Help accessing BIOS

Hi,
The BIOS interface on both pics are for different bioses. So there is nothing wrong in the displayed interface..
You have a legacy type interace in both pics. There are many which even supports advanced gui and mouse integration!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/563743/help-accessing-bios/
Relevancy 51.17%

Can you view the info in the BIOS without having to reboot. I'd like to check the CPU temp on occasion without having to shutdown the computer. Any suggestions?

Relevancy 51.17%

I know most "user friendly" systems tell you in plain sight how to access BIOS when it is booting. Well a friend of mine got a Dell Optiplex 5100, that has the boot sequence set-up where it checks all three drives (3.5 floppy, CD-Rom, IOMEGA Zip).

He is wanting me to change the boot sequence to where the zip drive is not checked when the PC is booting. The only way I know that is possible is by accessing the boot sequence in BIOS.

Just my question is how do I get into the BIOS to make that change.

Relevancy 51.17%

Can anyone tell me how to access the bios in windows 2000 professional? I have tried F10 , F4, F12? Any suggestions ?

A:accessing the bios

Try DEL key during bootup.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/accessing-the-bios.41577/
Relevancy 51.17%

I have a Toshiba Laptop with no OS. I have tried to install the factory settings that came with the CD, but there is no OS installed. Somehow the OS has been completely removed. When I try to access the BIOS I find it is password protected, and I have no idea what the password is. Anyone know how to override the password, or otherwise gain access to the BIOS?

Any and all help will be very appreciated.

A:Accessing BIOS

Hi and welcome to TSF

We are sorry to hear about your problems, but there is nothing we can do due to the forum rules on password help:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/rules.php

BG

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/accessing-bios-477032.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi,

I have an HP 7200N computer, athlon amd 3200 processor, running XP. I can't access my bios, I've tried all of the F keys and delete key. Any advice? Could it be a bad keyboard? Thanks.

Lori

Relevancy 51.17%

sorry I'm not really sure where to post this, hope this is the right place.

My friend has a computer that was built by her stepfather, he bypassed having "Press F2 or anyother button to access BIOS" at boot. Is there another way of getting to the BIOS? That's the only way I know how to do it...

What I'm trying to do is determine what kind of RAM the PC takes and the mobo make and model because her RAM needs updated pretty badly... any other help is appreciated. I'm trying to avoid opening her up. Thanks!

Relevancy 50.74%

I had my Asus laptop for a while now then I restarted it but stay on the windows 10 but now it loads on ASUS IN SEARCH OF INCREDIBLE then turns black then shuts off then turns on and does the same thing until I turn it off but when I turn it back on it does the same thing somebody help me also my battery is built in so I can't take it out

http://www.tomsguide.com/answers/id-3134938/hard-asus-laptop-loading-asus-search-incredible-black-screen-shuts.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Asus has some way of starting their programs that I can't find. In particular, I want to disable their Wireless Console 3 (wcourier.exe). There are other programs but I can't remember what they are right now. I can only tell you that is does not show up in msconfig or HJT. Does anybody know where I can find these startup entries?

Thanks!

Mark

A:Asus Laptop can't find startup entries for Asus Programs

Try using Sysinternals Autoruns.
It lists a lot more than msconfig.

You can download the Sysinternals Suite, or just the Autoruns utility.

Windows Sysinternals: Documentation, downloads and additional resources

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/237581-asus-laptop-cant-find-startup-entries-asus-programs.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I have a hp/compaq d330 ut Desktop running XP, And I can't seem to access the BIOS menu.I tried the F1 key on startup, as the unit is pre 2006, also tried the F10 key, and can't seem to get to the Bios menu no matter what I try. I also pushed the CMOS reset button on the Mother Board just in case. Still no luck. Any ideas?

Relevancy 50.31%

Hello everyone Just so you have a little bit of info on what is going on My uncle has a co worker who purchased a gateway all in one zx g Problem bios accessing from a pawned shop everything was fine she was using the computer and her nieces was using it as well to play games I am assuming one or the other might have turned off the computer incorrectly Problem accessing bios since the boot file is now corrupt She asked if I wold fix it for her which normally wouldn't be a problem I have a windows computer also and have already created a usb boot and repair for it However upon attempting to go into bios I found that it is password protected I am assuming the previous owner might have password protected the bios I have already tried the standard passwords such as password admin owner cmos administrator etc I have been doing some reading and found some articles speaking of getting the hash code and finding the password this way Is there anyway of doing this I know I could flash the bios but I am still learning so I did not want to attempt this yet Is there anyway of getting the hash code or a work around to gain access to the bios I cannot boot via usb or disk right now

A:Problem accessing bios

well if your comfortable taking the computer apart you can take out the CMOS for about 10 min and that should reset the password. well atleast get rid of the password

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/536344/problem-accessing-bios/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hello, I just instelled my windows 7 on Toshiba laptop, and now I cant access BIOS...how can I acces UEFI BIOS if I have windows 7?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/accessing-uefi-bios-1114618.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi, new to this site, it appears to have a wealth of information on it, good job.

I just installed a new hard drive, but have been unable to access the BIOS to set it as the primary boot device (i just copied everything from current drive).

I cannot access the BIOS because my USB controllers are disabled during the boot phase. Also, I do not have a PS/2 keyboard at my college, nor does anyone in my dorm (nor an adapter).

So my question is; Can I enable the USB Legacy Controller without going into the BIOS, or, Can I change the primary boot device without going into the BIOS?

Thank you for your help

A:Accessing BIOS Problem

Hi and welcome to TSF.
First, you cannot just copy files from your system drive to another drive and expect it to work. Second, you will need a PS/2 keyboard to enter BIOS. It's unfortunate you are not close as I must have half a dozen knocking about. Third, you can change the boot order of your drives if they are PATA drives by setting the jumpers accordingly, but not if they are SATA drives. You don't say which. The only way I know of getting out of your predicament is by making a clone of your system drive to the other drive. You can then change the boot order using a floppy disc.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/accessing-bios-problem-195067.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I'd like to configure my BIOS so the computer will boot from a recovery Disk (Norton Ghost), but tapping the F1 key during bootup hasn't brought up the BIOS for about 6 months (nor, for that matter have the F8 and F10 keys brought up Safe Mode and Restore, either). Anything I can do? I changed the CMOS battery, but that hasn't helped.

Relevancy 50.31%

I have a system that uses a USB keyboard. There is no PS/2 port on the motherboard. I need to access the BIOS but the keyboard is not recognized until after windows is loaded.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/55b752f9-7903-4438-83ac-7be8f1159343/accessing-bios-without-a-keyboard?forum=w7itprohardware
Relevancy 50.31%

Im currently running vista 32 bit home premium, i had ddr2 pc2-5300 RAM 3gb, but I upgraded to pc2-8500 ep 4gb, the manual it came with states i need to change my dram timing and voltage settings in the bios software and i dont know how to access it. i have an HP desktop m8330f, quad-core 2.2ghz phenom. please help

A:I need help accessing my bios software

Download / Install BIOS update here:M2N68-LA Motherboard BIOS Update (version 5.13 8/2008)Click Start , and then click Shut Down .Select Restart , and then click OK .When the first screen appears, press F1 to enter the BIOS Setup.To exit the BIOS setup screen, press F10 , select Yes , and then press the Enter key.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/202416-i-need-help-accessing-my-bios-software.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Entering the bios limits me to certain options. Is there anyway to access the other options? sorry, newbie here.

A:No "usb legacy support" "qfan" options on my asus laptop bios.

If your BIOS doesn't include such options, then they simply are not there.

I don't know about hacking BIOS's, and I wouldn't suggest it at all. You could brick your motherboard.

However, you should check with your manufacturer's website and see if there is an update available for the BIOS that may increase available options.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/222756-no-usb-legacy-support-qfan-options-my-asus-laptop-bios.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi all I dropped my laptop recently which caused the HDD to fail I bought a new one installed BIOS accessing Issue after installation it changed the boot order in BIOS to a USB and seemingly successfully reinstalled Windows Following this I went back into BIOS to have it boot from the new HDD but like an idiot accidentally selected the optical drive as the first boot drive Since then whenever I started the machine I got a message saying Operating System not Found This would just repeat when I hit F to access BIOS and I have not been able to get into BIOS since then F was always the way to do it I have now put Windows onto a DVD and put that in the disc drive The laptop does indeed try to boot from this and starts to install Windows but I still cannot access BIOS F does nothing and when press F I get the same Operating System Not Found message The other change I made in BIOS was from Legacy back to UEFI which was the original setting If anyone has any thoughts I would be most grateful Do I need to reset BIOS via the CMOS battery Seems hard to do on a laptop M

A:Issue accessing BIOS after installation

Even if the dvd drive is listed 1st, it should still bypass that when there`s nothing in the drive and go to the next bootable device (your hard drive) you may have another issue.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/385523-issue-accessing-bios-after-installation.html
Relevancy 49.88%

My system suddenly won't boot. Receive error message that ntoskrnl.exe is corrupt or missing. Upon pressing F10 I get a setup utility but no access to anything to change clock.Would love it if there were a place to chat real time to make all of this faster but any/all replies will be much appreciated!I'm not totally comp. illiterate but I'm not a brilliant sysytem op either.

A:accessing bios on Compaq Pres.

Your problem has nothing to do with BIOS settings.http://www.computerhope.com/issues/...

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-2000/accessing-bios-on-compaq-pres-/65624.html
Relevancy 49.88%

My GTS 8800 (640 mb) from gigabyte is overheating (apparently) and freezing my computer at around 55-60 C... I know that th card can handle more heat, and I'm wondering if there's any program that could allow me to access the Nvidia bios and turn up the shutoff temp?

Also, if anyone else has a similar (8800 640mb) card, then could you tell me the temps it runs at? thanks.

Relevancy 49.88%

Hey guys,

First off apologies if this is in the wrong part of the forums. Long story short I recently bought a new Graphics card, hardware install is fine, windows and Radeon settings recognise it's installed however I need to set my PC to use my new GPU as opposed to my existing integrated graphics in BIOS. Unfortunately I can't seem to access it at all by going through the regular means. I've turned off fast start, however Win10 STILL boots up too fast for me to hit any of the F keys or esc to access the menu. Any ideas would be appreciated

Cheers, Dave

A:Accessing Legacy BIOS windows 10

Hello Dave, and welcome to Ten Forums.

That's ok. You can boot directly to your UEFI firmware settings from within Windows 10.

UEFI Firmware Settings - Boot to from inside Windows 10

Afterwards, you could disable Fast Boot.

Fast Boot - Enable in UEFI Firmware Settings for Windows 8 and 10

http://www.tenforums.com/general-support/55959-accessing-legacy-bios-windows-10-a.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello guys, my bios does not support my hard disk "quantum fireball", How i can detect it, infact partition system of my hard disk has been damaged, or is there a way that i can repair it.
thanks.

A:accessing hard drive through bios

Go here http://www.maxtor.com/en/index.htm and d/load the diognostic and repair tools for your drive.Maxtor has the tools for Quantum drives. Go into bios and in the cmos setup you can change your drive detection to auto, save and exit, and see if it detects the drive then.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/accessing-hard-drive-through-bios.224856/
Relevancy 49.88%

I followed many guides to get to the Bios but at the end i get to this screen  where i can't find what i want, which is to enable vt... i would like to find my way to bios settings and any help is greatly apreciated thanksenglish aint my main language so sorry for bad english                           

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Troouble-accessing-Bios-settings/td-p/5779503
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello nbsp I have recently upgrade my HP Small Form Factor Desktop from WIndows nbsp to Window I need to 10 after upgrade Accessing Windows BIOs access my system in nbsp BIOS and nbsp have nbsp had trouble do so I need to acces my system BIOS in order to enable Intel VT-x so I can create a Virtual nbsp Ubuntu using VMWare Workstation nbsp Here Is what I Know nbsp -My nbsp Accessing BIOs after Windows 10 upgrade system does not have UEFI settings when I restart the computer while holding shift then go to Trouble Shooting gt Advance Options - Pressing Keys like esc F F F - F do not take me to the BIOS Instead they take me to the following menu ------Esc Start Up Menu------F HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI------F Please Select Accessing BIOs after Windows 10 upgrade Boot Device Menu------F nbsp Hewlett - Packard Computer Set Up------F System Recovery-My BIOS mode is Legacy according to my system info application - I have an Intel Core TM i - CPU running at GHz nbsp nbsp My questions are What course of action should I take to access MY BIOS to enable Intel VT-x I'm considering flashing the nbsp system BIOS nbsp due to the Legacy BIOS mode nbsp Am I wrong Is there any other way to enable Intel VT-x without nbsp accessing nbsp BIOS nbsp If anyone can help I will greatly appreciated Thank You nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/Accessing-BIOs-after-Windows-10-upgrade/td-p/5737217
Relevancy 49.88%

I have a acer aspire one notebook D257-13404 :confused and am unable to install os due to not being able to acess bios to change drive to read cause password was forgotten and was not able to access by using acer passwords either. Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

A:unable to install os without accessing bios

sorry no password help, please read the rules before posting again

Passwords - Please do not ask for assistance with (or ways to bypass) a forgotten or unknown password, personal identification number (PIN) or any other type of access code that may be required on a computer, mobile device or web site. As there is no way to verify the actual situation or intent, no assistance will be provided and any such threads will be closed.Click to expand...

All I can suggest is taking it to an authorised Acer repair centre, who can reset the bios for you, after checking if it is listed as stolen or lost etc

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unable-to-install-os-without-accessing-bios.1086739/
Relevancy 49.88%

I have an ASUS netbook running Windows 7 starter. I want to put Linux on it, but I am not able for some reason to access the BIOS. Is there any particular reason you can't access the BIOS from Windows 7 starter? Could there be any other reasons why the normal method of accessing the BIOS doesn't work? If so is there any way round them?

A:Accessing BIOS in Windows 7 starter

When you first turn the pc on, do you see a prompt to "Press XXX to enter setup"?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/accessing-bios-in-windows-7-starter-1023106.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi I have a three year old i bit z running windows nbsp The fan seems to have stopped working and the laptop overheating When I run the dust removal the fan still does possible and broken accessing fan bios z580 not work I have inspected it and can spin it mannually and it isnt dirty It doesnt spin at all though not even on boot up - i z580 accessing bios and possible fan broken have turned it on with the bottom cover off so definitely not spinning nbsp I have run Speedfan which doesnt show any info on the fan and Im not getting any error messages so I decided to look at bios and see if I could see any issue nbsp However this doesnt seem possible nbsp The onekey facility wont work while running or from boot up even after removing battery and holding in the power button nbsp None of the function keys access it nbsp The settings recovery etc way into the uefi bios settings will reboot then offer to access bios before booting as normal nbsp I have tried all this with the quick boot options z580 accessing bios and possible fan broken turned off too nbsp

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-P-Y-and-Z-series/z580-accessing-bios-and-possible-fan-broken/td-p/3323994
Relevancy 49.88%

my ps2 keyboard failed to work i proved that the ps2 port is faulty. i purchased a usb keyboard and put it in the usb port. it was detected by widows xp but will not operate on bootup. it will work after the pc has booted. this means i cannot access the bios during bootup. how can i access the bios after the pc has booted up without having to reload windows xp?

Relevancy 49.45%

i replaced the au31 motherboard, i cleared cmos like the manual said to. and i still can't access the bois

A:Problems accessing BIOS for au31 motherboard

If you are using a USB keyboard, try switching to a PS/2 keyboard.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problems-accessing-bios-for-au31-motherboard.166174/
Relevancy 49.45%

Can anyone tell me how to get to the BIOS

Relevancy 49.45%

A friend of mine has a HP Pavilion n and needs to run the recovery CD with Windows XP to start from scratch Before he can do this he needs to enter the BIOS so he can change the boot order of the CDROM drive and place it first in line His HP is the same as my HP and advises you to access the BIOS by pressing the F key when the blue HP logo screen appears He has attempted this several times with no luck I had him insert the recovery CD shut down his computer wait seconds then restart it but Windows loaded and bypassed the recovery CD What got this problem 725n Accessing In Pavilion Problem BIOS HP started was a friend of his who attempted to bypass the password log-in screen to use his computer Problem Accessing BIOS In HP Pavilion 725n It screwed things up so bad that Windows XP would no longer load An attempt to revert to a previous good configuration didn t work He finally Problem Accessing BIOS In HP Pavilion 725n contacted a computer technician that he knows She worked on it for several hours and couldn t get it going so she formatted the hard drive and installed Windows ME He doesn t like Windows ME and wants Windows XP back Anyone have any suggestions nbsp

Relevancy 49.45%

how do i access the bios on a intel 815 chip set???

A:accessing bios on a intel 815i mo board

Try "Delete" during POST

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/accessing-bios-on-a-intel-815i-mo-board.162343/
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi nbsp i try since two days to reinstall win on my e Problem is the BIOS UEFII'm on version i think i updated it once because of problems with fan and battery drain the Problem is nbsp nbsp cannot access bios on normal ways presing ENTER F etc also the message which button i have to press does not appear I tried https forums lenovo com t ThinkPad- e-Windows-E-and-Edge Cannot-access-Uefi-Bios-anymore-on-E nbsp After unplugging Power battery and bios battery i can set... BIOS accessing/updating/changing Problems E535 access E535 BIOS Problems accessing/updating/changing set... it after the date time error message occurs But all changes made are not saved why is the solution someotherguy has not posted to the forum tried updating it to in several ways from win with the update tool - E535 BIOS Problems accessing/updating/changing set... gt Blackscreen after reboot - gt nbsp unplugging Power battery and bios battery - gt againfrom bootable CD - gt after restart still version installed win - gt tried update tool - gt same as win contact support - gt first question bank account btw nice costumer support Lenovo hope somebody can help me nbsp nbsp P S Yes I can install windows by erasing the hard disk and then i can select from where to boot But that is not a solution I want to install Linux in parallel and therefore it would be nice to get back a working BIOS UEFI nbsp Hope someone can help nbsp Thank you

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-11e-Windows-E-and-Edge/E535-BIOS-Problems-accessing-updating-changing-settings/td-p/3453730
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello all I've read a lot of similar threads all of which either failed to work for me took me to the incorrect screen s or were way over my head in computer terminology I am trying to find a way to alter my BIOS and increase the Dedicated VRam for my Graphics Card so that I can meet the Recommended requirements to run The Elder Scrolls Online MMO Here's where my problem starts I am unable to find the correct key or key combination to access my BIOS files I am able to access the Boot Menu via pressing the DELETE key and the CMOS menu by repeatedly pressing the Space Bar The former menu is blatantly Alter VRam Accessing BIOS Difficulties Dedicated to incorrect and the latter menu does not give me the ability to change what it is I'm looking for or anything to do with the memory for that matter save voltage and frequency What's more there is NO quot Press this key for Setup quot or any variation of that during my boot-up And yes I've checked it frame-by-frame using a fast-paced select deselect sequence of the Pause-Break button It Difficulties Accessing BIOS to Alter Dedicated VRam simply isn't there Is this a fool's quest Is CMOS the best I can manage with my current computer My current desktop specs are listed in my profile section - I added them immediately to ease this process My computer is barely a Difficulties Accessing BIOS to Alter Dedicated VRam year old and it set me back over when I had it made I would hate to have to start over so soon If anyone can help me with this please do so I'm no programmer by far but I am capable of following detailed instructions so feel free to walk me through it Thank you all for reading this and thank you in advance for your time and help with this matter Sincerely Mercutio

A:Difficulties Accessing BIOS to Alter Dedicated VRam

I don't think Nvidia GTS 450 is an on-board GPU, and I can't see anything in motherboard support site either. You won't find any way to change dedicated memory in BIOS.

Check your motherboard manual's BIOS section for which key to press to enter BIOS.

You can just get a newer GPU like GTX960 which will be a good upgrade. But I will let others to comment.

Edit: By the way, these are the minimum requirement for Elder Scrolls Online

Quote:
Minimum System Requirements
Operating System: Windows XP 32-bit
Processor: Dual Core 2.0GHz or equivalent processor
Memory: 2GB System RAM
Hard Disk Space: 60GB free HDD space
Video Card: DirectX 9.0 compliant video card with 512MB of RAM (NVIDIA? GeForce? 8800 / ATI Radeon™ 2600 or better)
Sound: DirectX compatible sound card

Your GPU should be able to run it. Try reducing the graphical options.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/376521-difficulties-accessing-bios-alter-dedicated-vram.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello everybody I just bought a quot half quot of an U T a laptop without the display which - U920T Satellite (HDMI) BIOS with Accessing monitor an external was literally ripped off Satellite U920T - Accessing BIOS with an external monitor (HDMI) you could see the bent hinges and what is left of the cable It's a great piece of hardware and I can use it with an external monitor thanks to the HDMI connection What is the problem I only get video signal on the HDMI display when windows is loaded What do I want I would very much like to access the bios settings and set the primary output to HDMI if possible I have already tried - removed the display cable from the mainboard - using the F and the Fn F to switch between displays it only works in windows - using the Toshiba System Settings Windows App there is no quot video output quot setting there Would any of you who have a similar model be so kind as to Check their bios to see if the option is available Upload a picture with the location of this setting in bios or even better a video Thank you Stefan

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?91637-Satellite-U920T-Accessing-BIOS-with-an-external-monitor-(HDMI)
Relevancy 46.87%

Seriously, Asus has got to have one of the most useless bioses know to man.

Now I'm interested in changing my FAST WRITE AGP speed and my AGP APERTURE speed so i can get the 7800gs 256mb video card running. I heard this bios setting has helped MOST users who are having trouble with this video card!

Now i know ASUS cannot enable fastwrite options or aperture (cuz i researched on google for like 5 hours). I was wondering if it's possible to maybe flash the bios and give it some new settings, using a program like NiBiToR to save the settings.

If anyone has ANY clue on how to fix the BIOS problem i have with AGP settings, i'm all ears .

THANKS!

EDIT: CTRL+F1 does not open hidden settings unfortunatley ...

Relevancy 46.44%

I've pressed the Ctrl+Alt+B as the on-screen message instructs; but, that doesn't take me into anything like what is shown in the manual as the BIOS setup selection screens.

It is a single screen with no other screens available and the menu items are:
Boot Method:
Default Boot:
Local Boot:
Config Message: Message Timeout:
Boot Failure Prompt:
There are no other choices and no way to get out of this screen except exit the session.

Pressing DEL doesn't work either. How do I get into the BIOS setup?

Relevancy 46.44%

Ok I've had some serious issues with running itunes & my iphone, syncing, writing errors etc.

The guys on the apple forum said to try and update my bios.

So I went to asus' website, found the drivers etc under my particular mobo.

Now I was given two .zip files, I've attached them because once I open the rar/zip files I dont know what to use to then run them with so I can update the mobo?

The first one is listed on their website under the category:

BIO S (5) [BIOS HISTORY]

and the other is listed under

BIOS-UTLITIES

I assume I should install both of these since they both deal with the bios?

A:Help with updating Asus Bios

It's been a while since I used Asus products, but as I recall the file beginning with AFUD is a utility used to update the BIOS.

The other would be the BIOS file itself.

You can open both of those zip files with 7-zip, Winzip, or any similar program.

You should look around on the Asus site for instructions on flashing and for the AFUD file specifically.

The BIOS can often be upgraded in several ways--within Windows, outside of Windows, etc.

General advise: BIOS updating is not to be taken lightly. If you have a failure, you will not boot, and will probably have to replace a chip on your motherboard or buy a new board.

So, I wouldn't do it unless you had very good reason to believe it will solve your problems--look around on the Asus site to see if that is true.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/52095-help-updating-asus-bios.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi I ? Unerclocking A8V via Bios ASUS have a new PC at home Unerclocking via ASUS A8V Bios ? so i have turned my previous PC into a NAS Server using quot Naslite quot software which is all good However as the basic specs for a naslite box is pc or above and my unit is bit AMD on a Asus A V MB i am really having too much power speed the problem i have is that i want to run server at home but currently the CPU etc is too noisy with fan cooling running as the processor is warming up even without load What i wanted to do if possible is to Underclock the CPU and or MB if needed and therefore slow the cpu down and hopefully slow the fan etc and noise down I can only of course use the MB bios to achieve this as there is no OS running as such on unit so cool n quiet etc isnt an option The Asus bios has all the included settings for clocking and has manual settings for FSB Voltages Mutlipliers but to be honest i am unsure which settings to maybe change or lower to try slow the CPU and hopefully cool quiet the tower down Really hope someone can help nbsp

A:Unerclocking via ASUS A8V Bios ?

Why not consider a fanless MB HS? In combination with a quiet P/S, and perhaps a slower running 120mm case fan, it should be very quiet. Of course, you can also just stick the machine in another room since it's networked.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/unerclocking-via-asus-a8v-bios.521756/
Relevancy 46.44%

I have the original bios version that shipped with the motherboard and I'm going to try to update it to v. 1805. I just wanted to see if anyone with more experience with this would mind giving me detailed instructions on how to. I have general ideas on how to do it but I wouldn't mind having an step by step list : ).

A:Asus A8N-SLI bios update

while not a hard process... it can be dangerous to flash you BIOS version and you run the risk of turning your computer into a nice paperweight.

first off... what is the biggest reason you are looking to update your BIOS version? any problems can probably be solved by other means unless you have proof that you need to flash the cmos. the safest way to flash to a new BIOS version is to use a utility such as awdflash.exe (Award Flash) in command prompt before the computer boots windows. there are ways to flash the BIOS within windows, but it's typically more reliable to perform the operation in command prompt.

for the actual process... you will need the BIOS file (usually a .bin file), and flash utility like awdflash, and a bootable CDROM, USB drive or floppy disk if you have that. i like using FLASHCD to make bootable disks in which both the BIOS file(s) and tools are copied to. basically, you boot from the CDROM and run the flash utility from the prompt. from there you should just need to input the file you want to flash to the CMOS (and if you are using a flash drive or floppy you can make a backup of the original just in case). if all goes well after the file is flashed, remove the media and restart the computer. done.

you should be able to find a more in-depth guide by searching around for A8N-specific stuff... if you need it. good luck...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-a8n-sli-bios-update.141793/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi, I have a asus p4b533-e and i want to update the bios for it

but i dont know how. :dead: I read the manual and do know how to use the ez update thing but dont kno how to save current bios. I just got the board and finished putting it together this week. I also tried the floppy disk with dos technique but it doesnt work, i am probably doing it wrong. need help, can some one tell me the the exact procedure for updating my p4b533-e bios with dos. thanks

A:Asus BIOS update?

Related thread:
CPUs, Chipsets and Mobos > Updating the Bios
http://www.techspot.com/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=2201&highlight=bios

Originally posted by dank7737
I would like to update the bios (asus p4s533) but im having problems iwth the autoupdate function. Where can i get an update for the bios?Click to expand...

Perhaps Asus hasn't revised this Bios yet. With a rig this new, I really don't see the need.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-bios-update.2252/
Relevancy 46.44%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - QM CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX M - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB E Total - update? Asus bios MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer Inc G Sx Antivirus Kaspersky Anti-Virus Updated and Enabled I have an Asus G sx This machine was marketed as a Asus bios update? gamers unit I do not have a numlock key as it is a calculator key The numpad keys do not have arrow keys so you can control a car plane FSX boat etc I have tried re-mapping the keyboard without success Asus does not have a bios update for this unit Any suggestions I bought this unit to specifically play FSX All other aspects of this machine is good Please assist Thank you nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-bios-update.1068349/
Relevancy 46.44%

New Bios 0610 at Asus download. Thought someone might be interested.

A:New Asus P6T Deluxe V2 BIOS available

Quote: Originally Posted by HammerHead

New Bios 0610 at Asus download. Thought someone might be interested.

what does it do?

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/24345-new-asus-p6t-deluxe-v2-bios-available.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello I need help obviosuly My problem lies with my MoBo or OS not sure The problems started when I tried to install Gb Sticks of RAM to make it Gb Sticks a total of GB The RAM is all G Skill DDR and I was running Gb of this RAM for a ASUS A8R-MVP Please tweaks??????? Bios Help! long time w o any problems I do know that the MoBo is rated for DDR but I was told that this RAM is backwards compatible and therefore thats why it works When ASUS A8R-MVP Bios tweaks??????? Please Help! I first booted up after the install of the additional sticks the computer would not allow me to login at the login screen where you type in the admin password it would log-in and immediately log out again and that was the end of that I tried several suggestions from other techies on these forums to no avail I ended up formatting and re-loading the OS onto the same partion of HD Now I m back up and running smoothly except for instability AKA blue screen reboots randomly I associate this with RAM BIOS settings My MoBo is an ASUS A R-MVP with the latest drivers This Mobo based on reviews sucks in general I only wish I knew prior to buying Anyways running dual GPUs and I m a pro gamer so I want all GB of RAM working properly and they are causing system instability and I cannot tweak anything in the overclocking dept until I get this resolved It registers Gb under hardware profile and in BIOS when all four slots are populated Someone from another area of these forums suggested it might be an OS related issue I m running XP pro SP and it is up to date drivers ect as far as I know The rest of my computer specs should be in my profile If anyone knows this BIOS can they suggest settings for me as far as voltages to keep things at and other settings This BIOS seems to be quite tweakable and is marketed towards overclockers even though all the reviews say otherwise so please help me diagnose sole my issue I cannot afford to have my computer running all unstable when gaming ect Thanks in advance Please ask any further question you might need Sorry for allthe tangents and random info My minds running on overdrive trying to multi-task monkey nbsp

A:ASUS A8R-MVP Bios tweaks??????? Please Help!

some motherboards only support up to 3gb of ram, despite having 4 slots

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-a8r-mvp-bios-tweaks-please-help.66345/
Relevancy 46.44%

I have an Asus Vento desktop.
I'm getting nothing on the monitor but three long beeps, pause and three long and a short beep (repeated).
I've removed and replaced the DRAM but the beeps persist.
Any help folks.

A:Help with Asus BIOS beeps

Beep Codes depend on which Company BIOS is being used
click here for del that would be motherboard failure for IBM keyboard not detected
href

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/help-asus-bios-beeps-4602646/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi all sorry if this is in the wrong place couldn t see a hardware section I tried updating the BIOS on an old computer with an asus m n mx se plus mob and it failed so when I came to restarting the computer it wouldn t load and comes up with a bad bios checksum checking floppy not found checking cd not found I have downloaded the latest bios file from asus and tried all sorts there are actually no instructions on their site on how to reload the bios onto the mob I am not sure if this is even possible I am not great with the aspect of computing Anyway so far I have tried changing the file name to M PLUSSE ROM mx on BIOS asus se problem plus m2n which is what the mob asks for when loading up with a BIOS problem on asus m2n mx se plus cd in says reading M PLUSSE ROM can t find M PLUSSE ROM I have put this on a CD on its own with the BIOS problem on asus m2n mx se plus items in the zip file that are downloaded one is a flash exe file and the other a text file have created an ISO and burned this to CD and still no luck ONE point to note is that I am doing all the work on a macbook pro as this is all I have I have used the disk utility on mac to burn the CDs I have bought parts to build a new PC as this is quite outdated but I would really like to get it up and running so I can save some of the stuff on the hard drive before I have to wipe it for a clean install of windows Thanks for any help nbsp

A:BIOS problem on asus m2n mx se plus

First things first, why do you feel that the BIOS needs to be upgraded?

If it ain't broke do not fix it!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bios-problem-on-asus-m2n-mx-se-plus.1168233/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello
Basically, had problems with the kernel nvidia graphic error which makes my PC go crazy. After checking some (possibly) solutions, there were some recommendations that I need to update my BIOS. The problem is that I have ASUSTeK M2V-MX SE motherboard, and there are no Windows 7 BIOS updates, nor updaters... Please help?
Thanks in advance.

A:ASUS M2V-MX SE bios update

ASUSTeK M2V-MX SE motherboard, BIOS download from here:
ASUSTeK Computer Inc. - Motherboards - ASUS M2V-MX SE

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/137462-asus-m2v-mx-se-bios-update.html
Relevancy 46.44%

i have a refurbed a7n8x mobo, and it boots up ok, but runs a 2500+ athlon at only 1100mhz. it should support 400/333/266/200 fsb, but i can only get it up to 200, 233 if i act like im overclocking. is it a bad bios?

Relevancy 46.44%

Alright you re catching me nd hand here I have a friend with an ASUS K N who messed up his BIOS when he was trying to update it Most likely he had a failure in the middle of the BIOS flash so the BIOS never fully installed His primary method of flashing the BIOS has been through the CD-ROM drive with an I believe it s a rar file but let me double check on that He s tried Problem Bios K8N ASUS disconnecting the power hard drive etc with no luck I instructed him to ASUS K8N Bios Problem try flashing it again off of a floppy but I need some help troubleshooting with him What is the POST sequence for this board What are the ouputs beeps lights etc that I can look at to diagnose Can someone give me a step-by-step instructional on what file to put onto floppy and how to flash it from the floppy drive ASUS K8N Bios Problem Should be pretty standard but I want to make sure there s no curve balls Does anyone know what series of jumpers I can use to clear the BIOS so it s ready for a fresh install And are there any jumper settings you d recommend for troubleshooting this board Thanks guys nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-k8n-bios-problem.586822/
Relevancy 46.44%

Dividebyzero found (hell, maybe he wrote it) a story at swedclockers.com stating that Asus is making some of their high end 890 motherboards Bulldozer compatible with a bios flash. So I looked up bios revisions for my Formula IV Crosshair, and there she is. You have to hand it to AMD on this one. Unless the Bulldozer is a flop, this is very consumer friendly.

Here is the story DBZ posted:
http://www.sweclockers.com/nyhet/13...t-far-stod-for-bulldozer-med-bios-uppdatering

Here is the bios revision from Asus:

A:Asus AM3-AM3+ BIOS upgrade

Here G is an English version: http://www.bjorn3d.com/news/ASUS_pl..._for_current_and_future_motherboards/227.html

* I was over at AndanTech and there are still those contesting that there is no way BD will work in AM3 boards. I'm just passing this along.

* Sigh *

By the way, G, will you be doing any benching yourself or do you know if Z will?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-am3-am3-bios-upgrade.162591/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi

I have a CM6730 Asus PC with a P8H61-M PRO/CM6630 motherboard.

I was having problems getting good Graphics performance and the topic of Integrated vs discrete GPU came up,
the options in the BIOS were set to use iGPU, since then I do not get the option on boot to
enter the BIOS.

I have tried ASUS but they want me to send the unit in for repair.

Any ideas on how to fix this?

My rig has W8.1 fully updated.

Cheers

Daniel

A:Cannot enter BIOS Asus PC

I don't know if this also applies to your motherboard: How to Use USB BIOS Flashback - ASUS

If it doesn't apply there may still be a way to reflash the BIOS with the right key combo on start up but it sounds like your BIOS is glitched and may even be a chip problem. Might have to go back to them.

Also assume you've seen this, F12 is supposed to work: http://www.asus.com/Motherboards/P8H61M_PRO/

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/45981-cannot-enter-bios-asus-pc.html
Relevancy 46.44%

One of the reasons that I have not flashed the bios is because, no matter how many times I read it, their instructions never seem clear to me. I may be making a mountain out of a mole hill, but I want to be confident that I know what I'm doing. The confusion is on some fairly minor points...They go into detail about creating a floppy and placing the afudos.exe, which is the bios utility, on the floppy, but they never say that the same should be done for the bios itself. Therefore, I don't know whether to put both on the same floppy, or on separate floppies. The instructions also speak of using EZflash, lower on the page, put it isn't clear if this is part of afudos or something else. Here is their instructions, if someone will decipher it for me:

http://support.asus.com/technicaldocuments/technicaldocuments.aspx?root=198&SLanguage=en-us

Relevancy 46.44%

I am trying to update the BIOS on my ASUS M5A78L-M USB3 Motherboard.

I downloaded the latest updater program from the ASUS website for my motherboard.

When I run the updater, I have to choose an OS. I choose Win8 64bit.

A pop-up informs me that the program will not run on my system & to contact the OS manufacturer!!

How & where do I contact Microsoft about this?

I have tried everything but the onboard BIOS updater will not recognize a USB port with new BIOS as instructed.

It will not recognize the CD/DVD drive either. It recognizes other drives but cannot use there drives for updating the BIOS!

That Old Guy,
TULLY

A:Asus bios update

hi, 2 things ,to be 100% sure on that you have win8 64 bit installed on the computer and you download win8 64bit update program and bios update from asus . to me it seems the issue would be with Asus ,if there program doesn't see you usb od dvd drives
ASUS - Motherboards- ASUS M5A78L-M/USB3

Microsoft Support

i just noticed you no in the usa ,so this site might not be what you need ,so google microsoft tech support

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/16392-asus-bios-update.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I have spent the last three hours trying to update my bios from the asus website and it has been hell. I am using an asus m3a78-cm motherboard with a phenom11x4 940 cpu, 8g of ddr2 ram and the operating system is windows 7 64bit-now the problem I am having is high temp cpu and slow donloads which have happened recently. I checked the bios and I am running version 1603 and there are many updates,about 10, up to version 2801-the problem is the downloads have to go through global dlm or china, and when I try to download to a usb stick to flash ez bios nothing is being downloaded- I mean the downloads start but then they do not complete or there is nothing downloaded-please help

Relevancy 46.44%

Just a neewb and needing help updating my BIOS. I get this error message in fsx about my NVIDIA GPU and someone said only way he solved it was by updating the BIOS driver!

I wen't on the ASUS site but not sure what one download to my USB, so i can do that easy flash ASUS provides.

Thanks so much

Overclocked Intel? Core?i7-4770k Quad Core (3.50GHz @ max
ASUS? Z87-A: ATX, USB3.0, SATA6GB/S, SLi, XFIRE
16GB KINGSTON HYPERX BEAST DUAL-DDR3 2400MHz X.M.P (2 x 8GB KIT)
3GB NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 780 - 2 DVI, HDMI, DP - 3D Vision Ready

A:Updating BIOS asus Z87-A

Additional information is required.

1. Download the DM Log Collector application to your desktop by clicking the link below

DM Log Collector.exe

2. Run it by double-clicking the icon on your desktop, and follow the prompts.
3. Locate the .ZIP file that is created on your desktop, and upload it here in your next reply.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/347237-updating-bios-asus-z87.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Here's my problem. I just bought a 250 Gig. Western Digital. I went to partition it and now I can only get (127 gig) out of it... Not good. I have a ATA Controller Card Installed. But I think I read somewhere that you may have to update your bios to get it to read anything over 127 gig. If anyone knows anything that could help me please either post or e-mail me at [email protected]. Thank you

BTW: If if you do have ot update your bios.. please keep in mind that my floppy isn't working so if there's anyway to do it through cdr or anything else please let me know

Relevancy 46.44%

I just put together my computer yesterday and for some reason whenever I boot up, I get a message in the POST screen saying that there are no IDE drives attached to my Fastrack controller, and that my BIOS is not installed. I can still run XP, but the flash utility doesn't work when I try to use it. I have a P4C800E-Deluxe motherboard from Asus and running Pentium 4, 3.2ghz cpu. Thank you in advance.

A:Asus BIOS problem

The Fastrack issue is not a problem. Your motherboard has multiple IDE and SATA controllers. These have their own BIOS and thats what you are seeing. Its saying that you have no drives connected to this particular IDE controller which is most likely true. You may be able to disable the Fastrack COntroller altogether if you really want to in the BIOS or on the motherbaord with a jumper, or maybe not you'll need to refer to the motherboard manual.

As for the Flash Utility, what happens with it? Have you tried instaling the latest one from the ASUS website?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-bios-problem.325006/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello, My ASUS X-205 has no USB option in 'Boot option' in BIOS. Any suggestion to re-install windows as no optical drive in this laptop. Regards

A:No USB option in BIOS : ASUS X-205

Hi sahoo56 and welcome to sevenforums,

You might need to enable CSM and disable Secure boot.

In some BIOS's there is an boot override option, have you seen something like that?

Hope this helps!

Cheers
Boris

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/387769-no-usb-option-bios-asus-x-205-a.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Just picked up an Asus BC-1205PT Blu-Ray drive and it isn't being recognized in BIOS. Ended up having to install Windows using an old IDE drive. Can't figure out why in the world the new drive won't show up.

Installed newest BIOS version on my Asus M3A32-MVP Deluxe, as well as all new drivers.

Drive: Asus BC-1250PT
Motherboard: M3A32-MVP Deluxe
Processor: AMD Phenom 9850

Anyone had similar issues/know what the problem could be? =(

A:Asus BC-1205PT not recognized in BIOS.

Some new updates...

There are 3 other SATA Hard Drives also plugged in (That work fine). I've tried switching around where they are plugged in (1, 2, 3, 4) but nothing happens. It just gets stuck up in POST when it gets to the Optical Drive.
So if it's plugged into SATA 2, it will see the drive in SATA 1, etc. BUT if the drive is plugged into SATA 1 it finds nothing.
Hope all of that made sense.
EDIT: SATA is setup as follows;
OnChiP SATA Channel - Enabled
OnChip SATA Type - IDE (With options for RAID and AHCI)
Also forgot to mention there is another Hard Drive plugged in through IDE. Not sure if that would matter. (unplugged IDE HD and still nothing)

And the Blu-Ray drive is plugged into.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-bc-1205pt-not-recognized-in-bios.718481/
Relevancy 46.01%

I have the P4C800-E Deluxe modo and Kingston(x2) DDR400 Duel channel memory set-up. The problem is that when I over clock the processor I loose the 400MHz and it goes to 160Mhz, but i can overclock successfully. If I do not overclock, I can have my memory at 400MHz. So what gives? Why can I not overclock and have my memory at 400MHz?

A:Overclocking in BIOS using ASUS mobo

I think that ASUS has an automatic thing that does that automatically if it is not overclocked properly.. it's really annoying.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/overclocking-in-bios-using-asus-mobo.217622/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi This is my daughters machine Prob no sound coming from onboard outlet speakers fine Q Bios Upgrading A7V8X on ASUS BIOS installed is v Upgrading BIOS on ASUS A7V8X most recent version available according to ASUS website is Beta Version bit concerned with the words Beta version so maybe i should upgrade with nd most recent version namely Version It appears that version quot Fixed audio modem codec ID problem quot but unsure if this will resolve the sound Upgrading BIOS on ASUS A7V8X issue i Upgrading BIOS on ASUS A7V8X have Anyway it may be good to get the latest version anyway and possible just try and get the correct driver - nb no sound drivers are shown at all to be installed Q Back to the BIOS upgrading ASUS website s inx do not seem to be compatible with XP ie saying create a bootable system floppy without config and autoexec AFLASH exe software boot ini the BIOS upgrade My problem confusion is not with the software or bios upgrade version on the floppy but with the boot ini and the type of boot files i should have on the floppy in order to get to the aflash menu option and not straight into win xp as seems to happen Be grateful for your help JB nbsp

A:Upgrading BIOS on ASUS A7V8X

The command.com is the boot part
The autoexec.bat and config.sys files are for autoloading drivers and commands (not required)

Quote from here: http://support.asus.com/technicaldocuments/technicaldocuments.aspx?root=198&SLanguage=en-us

However, you will need to have AFLASH.EXE (unzipped) utiility and set the floppy drive as the boot drive. Then, type in the command [ FORMAT A:/S ] (without [] brackets) in DOS mode to create a boot disk. Do not keep AUTOEXEC.BAT and CONFIG.SYS files in it; Later on, choose item [1] ?Save Current BIOS to File (Save Existing BIOS to File) screen will appear. Then, when you see the query for filename appears, please insert a filename (eg. A:\XXX-XX.XXX ) and hit .Click to expand...

Here's your Drivers page (and bios too) again: http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?modelname=A7V8X&SLanguage=en-us

Or use this way (preferred, in case you have mx and you don't know it)
Please press the green button, and select your drivers

Sorry, it seems you must do this twice, once here, then when you get to Asus support, click it again. This button uses JavaScript (which is enabled by default on most browsers)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrading-bios-on-asus-a7v8x.112110/
Relevancy 46.01%

SO with 1gig Corsair PC3700 DDR Memory in the Asus a7n8x deluxe Mobo, Athlon XP 2400 CPU, with a great thermalright 800 heatsink- I currently have:
CPU Ext Freq: 166Mhz
CPU Freq Multiplier: 13x
Memory Freq: 100%
CPU Interface: Optimal
Resulting Freq: 166Mhz
CPU VCore: 1.750V
this produces 36C/96F temp..
I am new to BIOS/overclocking but I heard that I can take advantage the awesome 1gig memory that I have. Could anyone help me tweak my system.

A:Asus a7n8x BIOS settings PLEASE!!

Take a look at this thread before doing anything else.

Explaining step-by-step how to overclock would easily take a few hours to type without even going extremely indepth of the subject.

Luckily for you, there are hundreds of overclocking resources available for you to read on the web. Do a search from google, or even take a look at TechSpot's own overclocking guide.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-a7n8x-bios-settings-please.9727/
Relevancy 46.01%

I recently updated my mobo's bios and with the update I now see this "press F4 to use ACC". I have an AMD Phenom II X4 940 BE CPU. Is there any benefit to using this new function that ASUS is offering with my quad core.

A:Asus mobo bios update

It looks like ACC is a utility for unlocking AMD CPU hidden cores for 'overclocking'.

So if you are into that kind of thing it may be a useful tool.

http://www.bit-tech.net/news/hardwar...re-unlocking/1

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/188609-asus-mobo-bios-update.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi This is my daughters machine Prob no sound coming from onboard outlet speakers fine Q Bios installed is v most A7V8X BIOS Upgrading ASUS on recent version available according to ASUS website is Beta Version bit concerned with the words Beta version so maybe i should upgrade Upgrading BIOS on ASUS A7V8X with nd most recent version namely Version It appears that version quot Fixed audio modem codec ID problem Upgrading BIOS on ASUS A7V8X quot but unsure if this will resolve the sound issue i have Anyway it may be good to get the latest version anyway and possible just try and get the correct driver - nb no sound drivers are shown at all to be installed Q Back to the BIOS upgrading ASUS website s inx do not seem to be compatible with XP ie saying create a bootable system floppy without config and autoexec AFLASH exe software boot ini the BIOS upgrade My problem confusion is not with the software or bios upgrade version on the floppy but with the boot ini and the type of boot files i should have on the floppy in order to get to the aflash menu option and not straight into win xp as seems to happen Be grateful for your help JB nbsp

Relevancy 46.01%

I was poking round the bios earlier and I came across two entries
in Advanced -> Chipset these are System Acceleration Mode
enabled/disabled currently disabled and also VideoMemoryMode
UC/USWC currently UC can anyone shed any light on what these do? System Accelration mode sounds kinda groovy! as always any help is appreciated.

A:Asus A7A266-E bios settings?

The system acceleration mode in your mainboard is probably an option to enable certain aggressive settings for memory timings, etc...

Try enabling it seeing if your system is still stable. I have an ASUS A7V266-E & there's an option called Performance level ( Normal / Optimal ). If I select Optimal, RAM Timings are set to CAS2, etc...

If you start having random lock ups, I suggest setting it back to default.

Is there anything mentionned in your BIOS manual about it ? I don't have an A7A266 so i'm only guessing here.

As for the VideoMemoryMode, it's common to ASUS mainboards. I'm not sure if they're the only ones to have it. Could anyone confirm if they have this option with a non ASUS mainboard ?

Here's a little explanation I found on the subject.

Video Memory Cache Mode (ASUS mainboards)

By definition, video memory is excluded from being cacheable since otherwise the large data chunks would fill up the L2 chache of the CPU immediately. When the CPU calculates 3D, that is, floating point operations, every data point needs to be written to the local frame buffer (on board graphics memory). Unfortunately, the CPU can either write or calculate, therefore each write cycle interrupts the floating point operations, in simple terms, the FPU unit can only work at half speed. Intel were the first to incorporate 8, so called, write combine buffers on the Pentium II, which was one of the reasons why the PII had a superior 3D performance compared to the original K6, at least at low resolutions. The reason is simple, instead of single bit writes, the data are temporarily stored in write combine buffers and released in burst mode. Therefore, depending on the size of the WC-buffers, FPU calculations are interrupted much less frequently, in other words, the graphics performance of the CPU is almost doubled.

Graphics data inherently feature high locality, therefore there is no problem pipelining these data. With the CXT revision of the K6-2 and the K6-III, AMD added two write combine buffers and, as we were the first to post, proper addressing of these buffers via software would boost graphics performance by as much as 30% within the identical hardware configuration. The Athlon family has four aggressively programmed 64 bit WC buffers buffers that can be placed over the local frame buffers for both data and hardware acceleration. Compared to the PII / III WC buffers, the novelty is being capable of executing out of order writes in ascending and descending order and thus taking write combining to a new level. This way the efficacy of the 3D floating point operations can almost be doubled. Available settings in the ASUS A7V BIOS are either uncached (UC) or uncached speculative write combining (USWC). Needless to say that USWC needs to be supported by both graphics adapter hardware and drivers but if it works, it is one sweet feature.

from Lost CircuitsClick to expand...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-a7a266-e-bios-settings.1503/
Relevancy 46.01%

I'm about to update my bios but have two files showing in the usb when i perform the EZ Flash 2 update with a USB stick.

the files are Data.BIN and data5M.BIN

what one will i select guys? anyone have any experience on this?

A:Urgent help on asus z87-a BIOS update

Did you watch the Video .. I could not see it to clearly ....

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/347290-urgent-help-asus-z87-bios-update.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hey I hope someone can help me with this problem I A8N-SLI Can't Asus Deluxe BIOS flash got new RAM in my computer no problems Can't flash BIOS Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe Then I got inspired to run Nvidia NTune to optimize my system It started running then the system hung up No way to unhang So I read more about NTune - I discover it says you should have fairly recent BIOS I don t - my current BIOS is probably almost yrs old So I plan to flash my BIOS in DOS from startup boot disk with AWDFLASH exe and what I believe is a recent A N-SLI BIOS BIN and I rename it like the instructions say to what I Can't flash BIOS Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe believe should be the correct name quot A NSLI-B BIN quot AWDFLASH exe proceeds to back up old BIOS and then goes to look for the BIOS as named I get some message about the BIOS being wrong What am I doing wrong Is the name of the BIOS file not supposed to be in CAPS Is quot BIN quot not supposed to be in caps I have searched around on the interwebs for some ideas Techspot Anandtech Tomshardware etc and basically find BIOS flash for A N-SLI Deluxe either goes smoothly or people have lots of problems various conflicting instructions Asus does not seem to be supporting this decent MB anymore Help - any ideas My comp is in the profile AMD x Win XP except that I have gone to GB gb x pc OCZ ram install was perfect up from x of Kingston ValueRAM THX nbsp

A:Can't flash BIOS Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe

A8N-SLI Deluxe BIOS 1805
http://dlsvr.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/socket939/A8N-SLI Deluxe/A8ND1805.zip

http://support.asus.com/technicaldocuments/technicaldocuments.aspx?no=532&SLanguage=en-us.

(Note substitute your bios filename 1805.bin)

Please note, BIOS update is only recommended when experiencing technical difficulties with your system, And is not recommended to be performed regularly.

Moreover, due to the nature of BIOS update, there is certain level of dangers involved. BIOS update must be performed with extreme caution . During BIOS update process, your system must be maintained without interference or power loss to prevent unexpected damage.

In case of BIOS update failure, please follow instructions in your User's Manual for guidelines on BIOS recovery via CrashFree BIOS. In the event that BIOS recovery is not recoverable via CrashFree BIOS, please contact your place of purchase for further assistance on BIOS recovery.Click to expand...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-flash-bios-asus-a8n-sli-deluxe.111303/
Relevancy 46.01%

I ve installed the above mentioned motherboard to replace my abit se and i ve also installed all of my hardware After many efforts I ve finally got my pc to the point where it boots into windows me The problem is that I am unable to install the BIOS for the new board nor any of the drivers because windows does not appear to be recognizing either of my cd rom drives I hit delete during posting and accessed my cmos bios My cd rom s are recognized in there It appears {RESOLVED}BIOS ASUS - a7n8x-x to me that I m operating my new board using the the old Abit se bios I guess windows installed enough generic drivers for my new board that I can function at a base level colors only on display no cdrom drives detected I took my a n x-x cd rom to work and copied the awdflash executable file onto floppy So when I boot to floppy I can access the BIOS update screen It keeps asking me for the file name and I don t know it {RESOLVED}BIOS - ASUS a7n8x-x Can anyone help me out of this mess Feel like I m in over my head right now Thanks Doug T nbsp

Relevancy 46.01%

Dear Asus P5W DH Deluxe Motherboard Users

Asus have just released BIOS 2704 Beta Version for those who are interested in downloading it. Refer to the following link:

ASUSTeK Computer Inc.-Support-

Warmest regards

Neil

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/142488-new-bios-asus-p5w-dh-deluxe-motherboard.html
Relevancy 46.01%

My motherboard is a ASUS P5LD2 and I am using a EM64T Intel Chip...the bios no longer gives me the option for HYPERTHEADING. I've updated it three times now and still NADA! It use to be there so what's the deal. I'm stumped. Can any one help?

A:Asus P5ld2 Bios Question?????

Perhaps HT is enabled by default now?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-p5ld2-bios-question.58234/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello SF members.

Note : I dont know where to put this topic. If you know better , move it.

I already asked some questions here, some members helped me a lot but I need help again.

In one topic I asked how to Overclock. I learned it , and know more about it.
But now my problems is my BIOS. I dont know how to use it. That isnt classic....
I dont have to edit time or HDD slave, not to do anything harder !

My BIOS is same as http://images.anandtech.com/doci/4499/ASUS%20BIOS%201%20-%20EZ%20Main.png

My motherboard is ASUS P8H61-M LX2 and it have latest ASUS BIOS (EFI BIOS Utility- EZ mode , I attached one link here to see).

My questions are :
1. Can I back normal BIOS like one old ?
2. How to use that ? Is there any tutorial for this ?

That is all for now.
Thanks in advance.
Trinty.

A:How to use ASUS EFI Bios Utility - EZ Mode ?

Did you read your MB manual. It has a section on the Bios that explains all the options. If you click on the Advanced Mode it will look a lot like the old bios with lots of options.

Jim

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/221067-how-use-asus-efi-bios-utility-ez-mode.html
Relevancy 46.01%

So I cant even get a button prompt as it goes quickly to a blue box asking for a password, I thought the HDD may of been locked but I took it out and I still get the password prompt.

I tried pressing f2, esc , ect to see if I could get into the boot menu to load hirens but I cant even do that.

If I remove the cmos battery will that reset it?

A:asus f55a bios locked

Yes, you can reset it by removing the battery but there could be other ways to do it, pins on MB "CLR_CMOS" or a button. Whatever you do, make sure computer is unplugged.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/62055-asus-f55a-bios-locked.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Asus X401u Laptop Auto Repair Loop - HELP
My grandson Asus laptop screen was not working. So I changed it. I can see that it works great. Now here is my problem.
His Asus Laptop with Windows 8 running on it. Now every time it starts up it displays the windows logo and a minutes later it displays Asus logo with the message "Preparing automatic repair" and a boot diagnostic, followed by a black screen, then it starts all over again.
I can use the escape key at startup and the F2 (delete key does the same as F2) but honestly I have no I idea what to do next.
There is no CD drive and I asked if he has a copy/backup of Windows 8 in a SD card for flash drive, in which I don't have one.
Someone please help me on this.

A:Asus X401u in a bios loop

You say your grandson's ASUS X401u laptop wasn't working, so you changed it.
What exactly do you mean when you say you "changed it"?

You say that ASUS X401u laptop is running Windows 8.
According to its support site, it comes with one of these Windows versions:
Windows 7 Ultimate
Windows 7 Professional
Windows 7 Home Premium
Windows 7 Home Basic

--------------------------------------------------------

I personally have never used Windows 8, so someone else who has will need to address any issues with it.

You also might want to make use of its support site and FAQ section.

--------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/asus-x401u-in-a-bios-loop.1134000/
Relevancy 46.01%

Can someone tell me which Bios version is needed to run Vista with my motherboard/computer?
A8N SLI premium (with only 1 video card)
I think everything else is compatible.

A:What bios needed for Vista in Asus A8N?

Well the latest listed [non-beta] bios has a date of late 2005. I doubt it has any fixes for vista. There are later beta bios however using a beta bios might not be a great idea.

I have done a number of vista installs and have never had to update a bios for vista.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-bios-needed-for-vista-in-asus-a8n.599454/
Relevancy 46.01%

My problem is simple, but complicated.
I can't get my DDR3 2000 RAM to run at stated specs on an Asus P6T Deluxe V2 Motherboard.
I can't seem to get all of the settings right, since there are so many "extra" settings that the memory manufacturers don't specify.

I will post screen shots of the BIOS when I get a chance.
I can get my Bloomfield Core i7 to overclock to around 2.9Gz by changing the bclk from 133 to 143. The increase is needed to raise the 1866 max memory timing to 2006.

However I can't seem to get the timings and voltage right for the memory to run at that speed(2006Mhz).

Any help is appreciated.

EDIT: I have updated my "System Spec"

A:Asus P6T Deluxe V2 BIOS Timings

haven't had any experience with overclocking that board, but since 2000mhz is considered to be an overclocked speed for the RAM (when coupled with the board) you may be forced to use different timings. just because the memory can run at DDR3-2000 speeds doesn't necessarily mean the board can w/ a 1:1 ratio. you can try using a different ratio between the CPU and RAM but the timings will probably be off.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-p6t-deluxe-v2-bios-timings.142597/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi Started up comp today amp all the bios settings have been settings Asus bios A7V880 lost reconfigured the settings manually saved amp rebooted the pc reset and there was no display The only way to get a display is to turn off Asus A7V880 bios settings amp on not reset All I can do is enter edit the bios The errors displayed before the pc goes to the bios are cmos settings wrong and time date not set I can reset the time date set everything to auto save exit amp the pc still wont start it has to be turned off amp on again before there is any display After doing this I get the error overclocking or memory initial failed please reconfigure your system Press f to run setup or f to load defaults Either way it takes me back into the bios and looses all my previous settings I have tried a new bios battery On startup my cpu is being seen as a ghz athlon and the only logical reason I can think of for this happening is that my ram processor speeds are being set incorrectly both by the auto selections in the bios amp me My processor is an Athlon xp Barton amp I have x sticks of pc ram Any help with this problem would be appreciated Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 46.01%

Hello,

I have just built a new PC with:

ASUSP5P800
P4 3.0Ghz
OCZ 2 x 512MB DDR Ram
128MB Video Card
etc.

I am getting 1 BIOS beep on startup before the splash screen comes up. I'm running AMIBIOS. From some research, 1 beep means a memory or motherboard error but the PC starts up fine and seems to work fine as well.

Please help me find out why this beep occurs.
Thanks
Grant

A:BIOS beeps with ASUS P5P800

If it's one short beep then you probably don't have a thing to worry about as it's actually signalling you to say "Im O.K", after it does a few internal checks.
If it doesn't beep or it beeps long, short, and or a series of both, then you've got a problem.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/bios-beeps-with-asus-p5p800-28737.html