Windows Support Forum

BSOD ntoskrnl.exe+7f1c0 after NVIDIA Driver update

Q: BSOD ntoskrnl.exe+7f1c0 after NVIDIA Driver update

Hi there I recently updated my NVIDIA Drivers for my GTX from to and immediately received a BSOD when trying to start up Skyrim Since I did a clean install I had no drivers to rollback to so I decided to install the drivers which worked fairly well for about an hour I am now receiving BSODs every - hours from anything such as writing in a word document browsing facebook playing a game or looking at a vimeo video I am running dual monitors one hz and the primary hz with Displayfusion currently have disabled aero and the extended toolbar This was working fine before I updated my drivers I have ran a memtest NVIDIA after update Driver BSOD ntoskrnl.exe+7f1c0 with all positive results and I am running Driver Verifier with all non Microsoft drivers checked The latest crash was with Verifier running and while attempting to load a vimeo page The obvious answer would be to rollback to the NVIDIA drivers however I have a feeling there might be something else amiss I BSOD ntoskrnl.exe+7f1c0 after NVIDIA Driver update thought I might come here first before any more potential frustration and to stamp out any further issues I have attached the auto-compiled folder and a spec list Please let me know if there is any more information you would like me to provide Any help is appreciated

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: BSOD ntoskrnl.exe+7f1c0 after NVIDIA Driver update

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: BSOD ntoskrnl.exe+7f1c0 after NVIDIA Driver update

Welcome aboard.

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 124, {0, fffffa8005d30028, be200000, 5110a}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32k.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for win32k.sys
Probably caused by : hardware

Followup: MachineOwner
---------
Follow the guide Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try, step by step!

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/257209-bsod-ntoskrnl-exe-7f1c0-after-nvidia-driver-update.html
Relevancy 106.21%

I built a new PC back in June and have been receiving numerous BSOD's and have just been working through it until now, can you help me with it? I have attached the dump files as outlined in the SF Diagnostic Tool. I have the following:

asrock z77 extreme6 board
Curcial M4 SSD
Kingston 8GB 1600 CL9 (not the issue as I get the same BSOD when using GSkill RipJaws
Intel I5-3570K

I have checked through the mini dumps numerous times but cannot figure it out. Any help would be great.

A:BSOD ntoskrnl.exe+7f1c0 Vista Driver

I didn't mean to put sfc /scannow in subject line. Let me know if I didn't post correctly and I can repost... please help someone

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/250445-bsod-ntoskrnl-exe-7f1c0-vista-driver.html
Relevancy 106.21%

I'm decent with computers, but I've definitely managed to end up a bit over my head with this one. I've got 4 different BSODs due to this one file now, all at seemingly random times. One while running Guild Wars 2, several while trying to run HULU via Chrome, and one while moving Chrome from one screen to the other. I even managed to get one in Safe Mode and one while trying to load into Safe Mode. Even got one while checking the C Drive for errors. I have never in my life seen a BSOD outside of Windows, so I know something is definitely wrong. I figured I'd come in here and ask what you guys think instead of tinkering around with stuff and possibly making it worse.

A:BSOD Caused By Driver ntoskrnl.exe (+7f1c0)

Welcome

What antivirus are you using? I cannot see any listed.

Problematic software:

Code:
Start Menu\Programs\DAEMON Tools Lite Public:Start Menu\Programs\DAEMON Tools Lite Public
Please uninstall Daemon Tools, it's known to cause BSODs. Search our forum for evidence.

Code:
STOP 0x0000003B: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
Usual causes: System service, Device driver, graphics driver, ?memory
BugCheck 3B, {c000001d, fffffa8010e0d060, fffff880045c2ad0, 0}
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KiSystemServiceHandler+7c )
fffff880`045c25a0 fffff880`0f507ad1Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
nvlddmkm+0xd9ad1
2: kd> lmvm nvlddmkm
start end module name
fffff880`0f42e000 fffff880`101f0000 nvlddmkm T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: nvlddmkm.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys
Image name: nvlddmkm.sys
Timestamp: Tue May 15 13:35:36 2012 (4FB20748)
CheckSum: 00DA5E91
ImageSize: 00DC2000
Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
Please update your graphic card drivers to their latest.
Click on the Start ► Control Panel ► Programs ► Uninstall a program ► Uninstall the NVIDIA related stuff and use Driver Sweeper to remove any remaining drivers of NVIDIA. Get the latest version installed from the manufacturers website.

4 of your dumps indicate problems with memory.

Code:
STOP 0x00000109: CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION
Usual causes: Device driver, Breakpoint set with no debugger attached, Hardware (Memory in particular)
BugCheck 109, {a3a039d89e8db8ba, b3b7465ef10a8810, fffff80003930d10, 1}
Probably caused by : memory_corruption
Take memtest. Run for 8 passes and test each stick in a know good slot for an additional 6 passes.
RAM - Test with Memtest86+
Guide to using Memtest86+ - Geeks to Go Forums

Follow this strategy:

Quote:
The goal is to test all the RAM sticks and all the motherboard slots.

Check your motherboard manual to ensure the RAM sticks are in the recommended motherboard slots. Some motherboards have very specific slots required for the number of RAM sticks installed.

If you get errors, stop the test and continue with the next step.

1. Remove all but one stick of RAM from your computer (this will be RAM stick #1), and run Memtest86 again, for 7 passes.
Be sure to note the RAM stick, use a piece of tape with a number, and note the motherboard slot.
If this stick passes the test then go to step #3.

2. If RAM stick #1 has errors, repeat the test with RAM stick #2 in the same motherboard slot.
If RAM stick #2 passes, this indicates that RAM stick #1 may be bad. If you want to be absolutely sure, re-test RAM stick #1 in another known good slot.
If RAM stick #2 has errors, this indicates another possible bad RAM stick, a possible motherboard slot failure or inadequate settings.
3. Test the next stick of RAM (stick #2) in the next motherboard slot.
If this RAM stick has errors repeat step #2 using a known good stick if possible, or another stick.
If this RAM stick has no errors and both sticks failed in slot#1, test RAM stick #1 in this slot.
4. If you find a stick that passes the test, test it in all the other motherboard slots.

If Part 2 testing shows errors, and all tests in Part 3 show errors, you will need to test the RAM sticks in another computer and/or test other RAM in your computer to identify the problem.

In this way, you can identify whether it is a bad stick of RAM, a bad m... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/259506-bsod-caused-driver-ntoskrnl-exe-7f1c0.html
Relevancy 89.87%

I have been getting a BSOD in my fresh Windows install, I'm running Windows 7 Pro x64 (MSDNAA).

I had done a clean install after I got a couple of BSOD f4 but now I'm still getting the same BSOD! I've already collected some dump with and without running Driver Verifier.

Before clean install I updated my BIOS, I updated SSD firmware and I runned a memtest: my ram passed the test.

sfc /scannow report: "Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations."

When I runned Windows_NT6_BSOD_v3.03_jcgriff2_.exe I got a BSOD because of HIDCLASS.SYS

Hopefully i can get some help here

PS: sorry for my poor English

A:BSOD f4, ntoskrnl.exe-7f1c0

Problem Devices:
Code:
ehdrv ROOT\LEGACY_EHDRV\0000 This device is not present, is not working properly, or does not have all its drivers installed.
epfwwfp ROOT\LEGACY_EPFWWFP\0000 This device is not present, is not working properly, or does not have all its drivers installed.
Network Controller PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0023&SUBSYS_3071168C&REV_01\5&D93DF5B&0&0800E6 The drivers for this device are not installed.
Security Processor Loader Driver ROOT\LEGACY_SPLDR\0000 This device is not present, is not working properly, or does not have all its drivers installed.
Was the crash report jcgriff2 executable run in Safe Mode? Make sure the above drivers get installed to provide system stability. If you need help with the drivers, fill in your system specs in your profile and not in a post in this thread: System Info - See Your System Specs
What kind of memtest did you run? How many passes?

Your crashes primarily indicate hard disk problems. This could mean hard disk corruption, bad sectors, a failing hard disk, Windows files or registry corruption, viruses, or memory problems.If you are overclocking any hardware, please stop.

Run Disk Check with both boxes checked for all HDDs and with Automatically fix file system errors checked for all SSDs. Post back your logs for the checks after finding them using Check Disk (chkdsk) - Read Event Viewer Log (you may need to search for wininit instead of chkdsk).
For any drives that do not give the message:
Windows has checked the file system and found no problems
run disk check again as above. In other words, if it says:
Windows has made corrections to the file system
after running the disk check, run the disk check again.

Run the short and long tests with SeaTools for HDDs.SeaTools for Windows

SeaTools for DOS
If you have an SSD, make sure the following are up to date:SSD firmware
BIOS Version
Chipset Drivers
Hard disk controller drivers/SATA drivers
If you have a Marvell IDE ATA/ATAPI device, uninstall it in device manager and see if the system performs better.

Download and install Malwarebytes, update it, do not start the free trial, and then run a full scan. Also run a full scan with your antivirus software installed on your system. If you do not have antivirus software installed, see the Good and Free system security combination. for better security steps and scanning tools. Make sure to update the security software before running the full scan.

Run the boot version of Memtest86+ paying close attention to Parts 2 and 3 of the tutorial. Also, in case Memtest86+ misses anything and comes up with no errors, run the extended version of the Windows Memory Diagnostics Tool for at least five passes. These you may want to run overnight since they take a long time to complete (run them an hour before bed each of the next two nights and check before going to sleep that they are still running).

Warning
Before you proceed with the following, answer these two questions: Are you still under warranty? Does your warranty allow you to open up the machine to check hardware? If you are unsure of the answers to these questions, contact your system manufacturer. WARNING: The steps that follow can void your warranty!!!

For Part 3: If You Have Errors: If you swap any memory components, follow these steps for ESD safety:Shut down and turn off your computer.
Unplug all power supplies to the computer (AC Power then battery for laptops, AC power for desktops)
Hold down the power button for 30 seconds to close the circuit and ensure all power drains from components.
Make sure you are grounded by using proper grounding techniques, i.e. work on an anti-static workbench, anti-static desk, or an anti-static pad. Hold something metallic while touching it to the anti-static surface, or use an anti-static wristband to attach to the anti-static material while working. If you do not have an anti-static workbench, desk, or pad, you can use your computer tower/case by fi... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/232749-bsod-f4-ntoskrnl-exe-7f1c0.html
Relevancy 88.58%

My wife's Sony Vaio (VPCEE41FD) laptop has been acting up over the last few nights.
It would hang up on shutting down, taking sometimes over an hour+

Just tonight it decided to BSOD stating driver_power_state_failure ntoskrnl.exe+7f1c0
If I recall, I think this happened about a month ago as well.
Nothing was being done at the time of the BSOD and I have it set to not hibernate or sleep, just power off the display.

Any suggestions or help are greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Attached is the requested/required diagnostic logs from the SF Diag Tool.

A:bsod driver_power_state_failure ntoskrnl.exe+7f1c0

Welcome aboard, Risk.

► I suggest you to uninstall Avast, right now. It is must in your situation.
Use Microsoft Security Essentials - Free Antivirus for Windows, with Windows firewall.
Avast firewall is causing a huge lot of troubles there.

► And, update your Atheros network adapter driver, from ATHEROS drivers for Microsoft Windows (Atheros?????).

Code:
0: kd> lmvm athrx
start end module name
fffff880`04426000 fffff880`045a5000 athrx T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: athrx.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\athrx.sys
Image name: athrx.sys
Timestamp: Sat Nov 07 02:26:02 2009 (4AF48D62)
CheckSum: 00185986
ImageSize: 0017F000
You can see that the driver installed is very old.

► ATI Video Driver is causing equal troubles.

Code:
kd> lmvm atikmpag
start end module name
fffff880`04185000 fffff880`041b9000 atikmpag T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: atikmpag.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\atikmpag.sys
Image name: atikmpag.sys
Timestamp: Tue Jul 13 15:21:00 2010 (4C3C3704)
CheckSum: 00030E73
ImageSize: 00034000
It is also very old and needs an update. Get it from AMD Support & Drivers.

► Auslogics is not a good example of a program. I recommend Puran Defrag.

Let us know the situation.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/254023-bsod-driver_power_state_failure-ntoskrnl-exe-7f1c0.html
Relevancy 88.58%

Hello,

I'm having blue screen errors on my Laptop which is only a couple weeks old and otherwise running fine. The BSODs aren't that many, maybe once a week while using the computer daily. Once it apparently was caused by me plugging in my USB mouse. Already did a memtest and chkdsk without result. Diagnostic tool files are attached. Any help is greatly appreciated!

A:BSOD in ntoskrnl.exe+7f1c0 on new Laptop Win 7 64 bit

Hello,

It looks like the first two BSODs were caused by old Razer mouse drivers. Install updated ones from here: Razer Support

Code:
copperhd.sys Tue Nov 10 02:50:17 2009 (4AF91B39)
The last one may have been caused by hardware. Try running the three Prime95 tests: Hardware - Stress Test With Prime95

...Summary of the dumps:

Code:

Built by: 7601.17835.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.120503-2030
Debug session time: Sun Aug 5 05:57:28.338 2012 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:01:04.368
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for copperhd.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for copperhd.sys
Probably caused by : copperhd.sys ( copperhd+16c9 )
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN7_DRIVER_FAULT
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x50
PROCESS_NAME: razerhid.exe
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x50_copperhd+16c9
BiosReleaseDate = 04/20/2012
SystemProductName = Aspire V3-571G
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Debug session time: Thu Jul 26 15:20:29.268 2012 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:01:24.298
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for copperhd.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for copperhd.sys
Probably caused by : copperhd.sys ( copperhd+16c9 )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x50
PROCESS_NAME: razerhid.exe
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x50_copperhd+16c9
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Debug session time: Mon Jul 23 17:07:06.194 2012 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 11:18:47.226
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for Ntfs.sys
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!FsRtlTeardownPerStreamContexts+e2 )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0xc2_7
PROCESS_NAME: System
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0xc2_7_nt!FsRtlTeardownPerStreamContexts+e2

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/244838-bsod-ntoskrnl-exe-7f1c0-new-laptop-win-7-64-bit.html
Relevancy 88.58%

My computer working always good most bsod coming without reason on a day i seeing not reason for this pc have not many load ram test with memtest working over houres without problems here bsod logs anybody have without 7f1c0 BSOD reason? ntoskrnl.exe idea sorry for my bad english this crash coming on a burnintest Code Dump File - - dmp Crash Time Bug Check String PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA Bug Check Code x Parameter fffffd c c c Parameter Parameter fffff a Parameter Caused By Driver win k sys Caused By Address win k BSOD without reason? ntoskrnl.exe 7f1c0 sys b File Description Product Name Company File Version Processor x Crash Address ntoskrnl exe f c Stack Address Stack Address Stack Address Computer Name Full Path C Windows Minidump - - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File Size thois coming without load Code Dump File - - dmp Crash Time Bug Check String PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA Bug Check Code x Parameter fffffaa b Parameter Parameter fffff f Parameter Caused By Driver ntoskrnl exe Caused By Address ntoskrnl exe f c File Description NT Kernel amp System Product Name Microsoft Windows Operating System Company Microsoft Corporation File Version win sp gdr - Processor x Crash Address ntoskrnl exe f c Stack Address Stack Address Stack Address Computer Name Full Path C Windows Minidump - - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File Size Dump File - - dmp Crash Time Bug Check String PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA Bug Check Code x Parameter fffffa c c c b Parameter Parameter fffff d f Parameter Caused By Driver ntoskrnl exe Caused By Address ntoskrnl exe f c File Description NT Kernel amp System Product Name Microsoft Windows Operating System Company Microsoft Corporation File Version win sp gdr - Processor x Crash Address ntoskrnl exe f c Stack Address Stack Address Stack Address Computer Name Full Path C Windows Minidump - - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File Size Dump File - - dmp Crash Time Bug Check String PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA Bug Check Code x Parameter fffffa c ee b Parameter Parameter fffff c d f Parameter Caused By Driver ntoskrnl exe Caused By Address ntoskrnl exe f c File Description NT Kernel amp System Product Name Microsoft Windows Operating System Company Microsoft Corporation File Version win sp gdr - Processor x Crash Address ntoskrnl exe f c Stack Address Stack Address Stack Address Computer Name Full Path C Windows Minidump - - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File Size Dump File - - dmp Crash Time Bug Check String PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA Bug Check Code x Parameter fffffa c feb Parameter Parameter fffff b e Parameter Caused By Driver ntoskrnl exe Caused By Address ntoskrnl exe f c File Description NT Kernel amp System Product Name Microsoft Windows Operating System Company Microsoft Corporation File Version win sp gdr - Processor x Crash Address ntoskrnl exe f c Stack Address Stack Address Stack Address Computer Name Full Path C Windows Minidump - - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File Size thanks

A:BSOD without reason? ntoskrnl.exe 7f1c0

Hello Halloworld and welcome to Sevenforums.

To be able to help you, we'd need you to attach some files in order for us to analyse your crash. The below link will guide you through some steps for catching these files. If you have any questions just ask us.

http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html

Best Regards,
Frederik.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/243648-bsod-without-reason-ntoskrnl-exe-7f1c0.html
Relevancy 88.58%

I have been getting a BSOD in my newly installed system

and ive included the files in this post as you asked for before posting

I am running Win 7 x64 OEM i bought it together with the parts for my system which you can see in my signature. it is only nearly 4 weeks old, i did put the system together myself for the first time .

hopefully i can get some help here

Btw the OS is installed on my Corsair SSD.

A:BSOD ntoskrnl.exe-7f1c0 while idling

And i runned a memtest today also and My ram Passed The test

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/228812-bsod-ntoskrnl-exe-7f1c0-while-idling.html
Relevancy 87.72%

I have had a new system built, Had it for almost 2 weeks and been getting the BSOD at least 2x a day. Ihave been browsing the web and had it happen, been playing online games and have it happen. Have even come home after work to find that the computer crashed and had to be restarted because of it. Dont know what to do. Can you help me?
Thank you in advance.

A:BSOD : Caused by address : ntoskrnl.exe+7f1c0

Hello,

Quote:
Start Menu\Programs\Advanced SystemCare with Antivirus 2013 Public:Start Menu\Programs\Advanced SystemCare with Antivirus 2013 Public

This program, Advanced SystemCare, is known to cause problems with windows. It modifies the registry, and could cause even more errors. Please uninstall. Since this comes with an anti-virus, i suggest using Microsoft Security Essentials - Free Antivirus for Windows in place.

Code:
Start Menu\Programs\DAEMON Tools Lite Public:Start Menu\Programs\DAEMON Tools Lite Public
Daemon Tools are also know to cause problems with windows. Please uninstall also.

Quote:
Probably caused by : memory_corruption

This shows memory corruption, so try running a RAM - Test with Memtest86+ to make sure the RAM isn't bad.

Code:
ctac32k.sys Wed Jul 2 03:38:22 2008 (486B3E7E)
Drivers before 2009 are known to cause problems aswell. Please update: Creative Worldwide Support

After all is done please post back results.

-Justin

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/243938-bsod-caused-address-ntoskrnl-exe-7f1c0.html
Relevancy 87.72%

Hi,

3 days ago I started randomly getting blue screens with DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE ntoskrnl.exe+7f1c0.

The first time it happened I was playing diablo3, the second time browsing a website, and the third time today I went away from my computer for a few hrs and came back to a blue screen.

I would like to add the only thing that's changed hardware wise is I am using a new keyboard the logitec g110 with a g9x mouse plugged into it. (I'm not sure if this would cause a blue screen error but figured I would mention it in case).

Any help would greatly be appreciated, Thanks!

A:BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE casued by ntoskrnl.exe+7f1c0

Caused by "ASUS Charger Driver", it's probably best to uninstall it, I've had some bad experiences with similar software.

fffff880`00dec000 fffff880`00dede80 AiCharger Wed May 05 10:37:36 2010 (4BE12E50)

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/246583-bsod-driver_power_state_failure-casued-ntoskrnl-exe-7f1c0.html
Relevancy 87.72%

Hello i recently got a new HP Pavillion dv - c us about a week ago Code caused by ntoskrnl.exe+7f1c0? laptop, BSOD new Intel Core i - M GB DDR RAM x GB x GB GB RPM Hard Drive - x -bit new laptop, BSOD caused by ntoskrnl.exe+7f1c0? or x - Windows Home Premium bit - the original installed OS on the system - Yes - an OEM or full retail version - OEM - What is the age of system hardware NEW - What is the age of OS installation have you re-installed the OS NEW Today i received a BSOD while new laptop, BSOD caused by ntoskrnl.exe+7f1c0? listening to turntable fm For those who dont know what turntable fm is its like pandora but theres DJ's that take turns new laptop, BSOD caused by ntoskrnl.exe+7f1c0? playing music i have no idea how that can give me a BSOD Having only gotten this laptop a week ago i was terrifed So i restarted my computer and restored to a previous point and everything seemed normal until i noticed my physical memory was at when i had nothing open usually it is at Windows and BIOS is reading the laptop only having GBs of RAM when it has really GBs So i reinsert the GB ram stick and everything is back to normal Hours later i was listening to turntable fm again and i was able to recreate the same BSOD im guessing the gb ram stick is going bad idk Heres a BSODScreen viewer dump Code Dump File - - dmp Crash Time AM Bug Check String KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED Bug Check Code x e Parameter ffffffff c Parameter Parameter Parameter Caused By Driver ntoskrnl exe Caused By Address ntoskrnl exe f c File Description NT Kernel amp System Product Name Microsoft Windows Operating System Company Microsoft Corporation File Version win sp gdr - Processor x Crash Address ntoskrnl exe f c Stack Address Stack Address Stack Address Computer Name Full Path C Windows Minidump - - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File Size edit i also ran a memtest and both rams seems to pass should i do - passes i decided to experment and found that if i switch around the ramsticks in the slots i found when i put the gb ramstick into the gb original ramslot the computer would now sometimes read gbs of ram instead of sometimes reading gb of ram from earlier so im guessing the ramslot where the gb ramstick originally sat is faulty or i could be wrong idk

A:new laptop, BSOD caused by ntoskrnl.exe+7f1c0?

Please follow the http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html so we can help you.

Stephen

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/234089-new-laptop-bsod-caused-ntoskrnl-exe-7f1c0.html
Relevancy 87.72%

Computer keeps BSOD after trying to wake it from sleep mode, or even if the monitor just powers off via power save options. Installed latest video drivers and windows updates to no avail. Thanks in advance for the help!

A:BSOD after sleep mode ntoskrnl.exe+7f1c0

hi
The last dump refers to msahci.sys... which is related to you Hard Dirve..

Check you bios to see if it is set to AHCI ...

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/244004-bsod-after-sleep-mode-ntoskrnl-exe-7f1c0.html
Relevancy 87.72%

Hello recently I have just built my new computer and everything seemed to playing BSOD computer, while ntoskrnl.exe+7f1c0 using be going fine However I had gotten a BSOD when trying to copy a large amount of file from my external Although I BSOD while playing using computer, ntoskrnl.exe+7f1c0 didn't get the dump file of it as that wasn't BSOD while playing using computer, ntoskrnl.exe+7f1c0 in the settings at the time I assumed it was due to copying from the external and just copied smaller files and it hasn't happened again However I was just playing League of Legends and my computer decided to randomly BSOD So I downloaded SF Diagnostic Tool and zipped the folder so I was wondering as what the problem is BlueScreenView says the crash address is ntoskrnl exe f c and I wasn't sure if this was a hardware or BSOD while playing using computer, ntoskrnl.exe+7f1c0 software problem as I have only received the parts less than a week ago My specs are Gigabyte Z -D H motherboard Intel Core i - processor gig of Corsair Vengeance RAM GeForce GTX graphics card Any help would be greatly appreciated

A:BSOD while playing using computer, ntoskrnl.exe+7f1c0

Welcome aboard, Balvedius

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 50, {fffff6a000022640, 0, fffff80002eb4b2b, 5}
Could not read faulting driver name
Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiAgeWorkingSet+1d1 )
At first, you are to run RAM - Test with Memtest86+ . run it for 8 passes.

As the crash is hardware related, you are suggested to take two more testsHardware - Stress Test With Prime95, and
run chkdsk/F/R, using the method two of the tutorial Disk Check.

Let us know the results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/250256-bsod-while-playing-using-computer-ntoskrnl-exe-7f1c0.html
Relevancy 87.72%

Hi All

I built a custom machine a month ago and been receiving very strange BSODs all with the same message for the last month.

All drivers are upto date including the SSD as primary and the BIOS

What happens is intermittent and my machine freezes for a few seconds then eventually starts BSOD and memory dumping.

I have done a full memtest, hdd check, gfx card stress test etc. All is good.

Theres even times I can be going for 12 hours straight without issues so Im not able to reproduce it unfortunately.

Attached are the diag tools outputs

Any help of course is greatly appreciated

Thx

Maroof

A:BSOD ntoskrnl.exe+7f1c0 CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION randomly

Hardware
I see you have an SSD installed. SSD drivers are a common cause of BSOD's, in particular Crucial M4's with outdated firmware. Make sure that the following is up to date:

Quote: Originally Posted by writhziden

SSD Firmware
BIOS Version
Chipset Drivers
Hard disk controller drivers/SATA drivers
Marvell IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers (older drivers for these are especially problematic)

Software
Run a full system scan with Malwarebytes.
Malwarebytes : Free anti-malware download

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/244611-bsod-ntoskrnl-exe-7f1c0-critical_object_termination-randomly.html
Relevancy 86.86%

Keep getting these BSOD when playing COD MW3. Have run memtest86+4.2 and tests passed. Here is my SF Diagnostics report. Would appreciate your help solving this problem

A:BSOD playing COD MW3 error caused by ntoskrnl.exe+7f1c0

Welcome

Most of your dumps show memory as the issue.

Lets start with problematic software:

Code:
Start Menu\Programs\DAEMON Tools Pro Public:Start Menu\Programs\DAEMON Tools Pro Public
Start Menu\Programs\BitDefender 2011 Public:Start Menu\Programs\BitDefender 2011 Public
Start Menu\Programs\Autodesk Public:Start Menu\Programs\Autodesk Public
Daemon tools is a known cause of blue screens. If you search this forum, you will find a lot of threads about it.
Please uninstall BitDefender and Autodesk while we are troubleshooting with your computer.

MSE is recommended by almost all members on our forum and known to be the most compatible antivirus with windows 7.
Microsoft Security Essentials - Free Antivirus for Windows

Run the system file checker 3 times as mentioned in the tutorial below:
SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

To make sure that hard drive is good run disk check following this tutorial:
Disk Check

Hard drive scan usings SeaTools:
SeaTools | Seagate both long and short tests.

You need to run memtest for 8 passes on each stick preferably overnight.
Guide to using Memtest86+ - Geeks to Go Forums

Let us know your results

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/253293-bsod-playing-cod-mw3-error-caused-ntoskrnl-exe-7f1c0.html
Relevancy 86.86%

Hi,
I built the Ivy Bridge machine described in my system specs a couple of weeks ago, and all went well except that I am getting BSOD?s every few days 5 in all.
Bluescreen view shows them as MEMORY_MANAGEMENT from ntoskrnl.exe+7f1c0 or Ntfs.sys+a4990 though there is one IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL also from ntoskrnl.exe+7f1c0.
No obvious causes that I can see though they often happen in Firefox.
I have:-
Run memtest - all shows as good.
Run sfc /verifyonly no problems
Run Crystal Disk Info which shows Good on all 3 drives
Run the Check Drive for errors (from the drive properties)
So I am throwing myself on your mercy, and hoping you can point me at any further tests I should try.
I attach the zip as described in your howto (I hope).
Thanks in advance for whatever help you can provide.

A:BSOD on New Win7 x64 - ntoskrnl.exe+7f1c0 - random ~ every few days.

These crashes were caused by memory management probably a driver.
Please run these two tests to verify your memory and find which driver is causing the problem.

* If you are overclocking anything reset to default before running these tests.
In other words STOP!!!

* If you have a Raid update its Driver.

Memtest. If you havent run memtest for 6-8 passes please run it again, if you have start with driver verifier

Quote:
*Download a copy of Memtest86 and burn the ISO to a CD using Iso Recorder or another ISO burning program. Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

*Boot from the CD, and leave it running for at least 5-7 passes.

Just remember, any time Memtest reports errors, it can be either bad RAM or a bad motherboard slot.

Test the sticks individually, and if you find a good one, test it in all slots.

Any errors are indicative of a memory problem.

If a known good stick fails in a motherboard slot it is probably the slot.

Driver Verifier

Quote:
Using Driver Verifier is an iffy proposition.
Most times it'll crash and it'll tell you what the driver is.
But sometimes it'll crash and won't tell you the driver.
Other times it'll crash before you can log in to Windows.
If you can't get to Safe Mode, then you'll have to resort to offline editing of the registry to disable Driver Verifier.

I'd suggest that you first backup your stuff and then make sure you've got access to another computer so you can contact us if problems arise.
Then make a System Restore point (so you can restore the system using the Vista/Win7 Startup Repair feature).

In Windows 7 you can make a Startup Repair disk by going to Start....All Programs...Maintenance...Create a System Repair Disc - with Windows Vista you'll have to use your installation disk or the "Repair your computer" option at the top of the Safe Mode menu .

Then, here's the procedure:
- Go to Start and type in "verifier" (without the quotes) and press Enter
- Select "Create custom settings (for code developers)" and click "Next"
- Select "Select individual settings from a full list" and click "Next"
- Select everything EXCEPT FOR "Low Resource Simulation"IRP Logging and Force Pending I/O Requests. and click "Next"
NOTE: You can use Low Resource Simulation if you'd like.
From my limited experimentation it makes the BSOD's come faster.
- Select "Select driver names from a list" and click "Next"
Then select all drivers NOT provided by Microsoft and click "Next"
- Select "Finish" on the next page.

If you are using win 8 add these
- Concurrency Stress Test
- DDI compliance checking
Reboot the system and wait for it to crash to the Blue Screen.
Continue to use your system normally, and if you know what causes the crash, do that repeatedly.
The objective here is to get the system to crash because Driver Verifier is stressing the drivers out.
If it doesn't crash for you, then let it run for at least 36 hours of continuous operation.
Reboot into Windows (after the crash) and turn off Driver Verifier by going back in and selecting "Delete existing settings" on the first page, then locate and zip up the memory dump file and upload it with your next post.
If you can't get into Windows because it crashes too soon, try it in Safe Mode.
If you can't get into Safe Mode, try using System Restore from your installation DVD to set the system back to the previous restore point that you created.

Thanks to JCGriff2 & Usasma.

Sysnative Forums

Driver Reference Table (DRT)

Using Driver Verifier to identify issues with Windows drivers for advanced users

Driver Verifier

Using Driver Verifier (Windows Drivers)

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/232306-bsod-new-win7-x64-ntoskrnl-exe-7f1c0-random-every-few-days.html
Relevancy 86.86%

Hi everyone i have been having this issue intermittently I do some heavy gaming with no problems at all Batllefield on Ultra for - hours straight Most times this BSOD happens when i have left a torrent to download or i am simply opening a folder in explorer or browsing a web page I have researched this error many many times and have done several things to see if i can fix it myself they are as follows Checked RAM memtest and swapped sticks etc Upgraded firmware for SSD as i heard Vertex was known for BSODs Used the OS just on my Seagate HDD with the SSD uninstalled removed Replaced RAM with Corsair Vengeance GB had BSOD within - hours Made sure i am only using the two main intel GB SATA ports for SSD and HDD set to AHCI Am only running MSE as an antivirus I am BSOD ntoskrnl.exe+7f1c0, Bug Check - 0x000000f4 Random eager for help and will take any advice i can from the wealth of knowledge on these boards Kindly see attached my uploaded documents BSOD Random - ntoskrnl.exe+7f1c0, Bug Check 0x000000f4 and please don't hesitate to ask for more if they are needed Kindest regards Daco

A:BSOD Random - ntoskrnl.exe+7f1c0, Bug Check 0x000000f4

Bluetooth is disabled. Is this deliberate? If so, why? Please re-enable the Bluetooth and update it. Once updated, feel free to disable it again.

Dirty bit is set on the G: drive. There are only 2 ways to fix this:
- run CHKDSK /R /F from and elevated (Run as adminstrator) Command Prompt
- fully format the drive
You can physically remove/disconnect the drive also
I'd suggest running hard drive diagnostics on ALL drives: Hard Drive Diagnostic Procedure

Triple check to make sure you're not using the Marvell controller.
Ensure that the Marvell Controller drivers are the latest available from the manufacturer.

Western Digital software dates from 2008. Please uninstall it.

100 mHz overclock in one of the memory dumps. Is this deliberate, or is there an auto-overclocking app present on the system (sorta like Turbo mode). If there is, please disable it - they've been known to cause BSOD's

Memory dumps seem to point towards a hard drive problem. I'd strongly suggest that you check all hard drives attached to the system - both internal and external (USB) - using this link: Hard Drive Diagnostic Procedure

The following info is just FYI, I've already addressed the issues that I saw in the above paragraphs

- Further info on BSOD error messages available at: http://www.carrona.org/bsodindx.html
- Info on how to troubleshoot BSOD's (DRAFT): http://www.carrona.org/userbsod.html
- How I do it: http://www.carrona.org/howidoit.html

3RD PARTY DRIVERS PRESENT IN THE DUMP FILES
Code:

jraid.sys Tue Aug 10 05:28:44 2010 (4C611BCC)
mv91xx.sys Fri Aug 27 05:49:22 2010 (4C778A22)
mvxxmm.sys Fri Aug 27 05:49:03 2010 (4C778A0F)
amdxata.sys Fri Mar 19 12:18:18 2010 (4BA3A3CA)
MpFilter.sys Fri Mar 09 06:05:26 2012 (4F59E3F6)
asmtxhci.sys Wed Feb 23 21:25:47 2011 (4D65C1AB)
HECIx64.sys Tue Oct 19 19:33:43 2010 (4CBE2AD7)
e1c62x64.sys Tue Sep 21 17:34:15 2010 (4C9924D7)
btath_bus.sys Thu Jun 24 02:17:43 2010 (4C22F887)
RTKVHD64.sys Tue Nov 23 05:14:08 2010 (4CEB93F0)
asmthub3.sys Wed Feb 23 21:25:56 2011 (4D65C1B4)
wdcsam64.sys Wed Apr 16 04:39:08 2008 (4805BB2C)
cpuz135_x64.sys Wed Sep 21 04:23:41 2011 (4E799F0D)
nvlddmkm.sys Tue May 15 03:35:36 2012 (4FB20748)
btath_rcp.sys Thu Jun 24 02:17:21 2010 (4C22F871)
btfilter.sys Tue Mar 08 01:15:22 2011 (4D75C97A)
btath_a2dp.sys Mon Feb 14 20:47:47 2011 (4D59DB43)
btath_hcrp.sys Tue Jun 29 05:30:43 2010 (4C29BD43)
btath_flt.sys Thu Jun 24 02:17:38 2010 (4C22F882)
btath_lwflt.sys Mon Sep 13 04:26:54 2010 (4C8DE04E)

http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=jraid.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=mv91xx.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=mvxxmm.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=amdxata.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=MpFilter.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=asmtxhci.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=HECIx64.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=e1c62x64.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=btath_bus.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=RTKVHD64.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=asmthub3.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=wdcsam64.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=cpuz135_x64.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=nvlddmkm.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=btath_rcp.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=btfilter.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=btath_a2dp.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=btath_hcrp.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=btath_flt.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=btath_lwflt.sys

BSOD BUGCHECK SUMMARY

Code:

Loading Dump File [C:\Users\FUBAR\_jcgriff2_\dbug\__Kernel__\061312-6130-01.dmp]
Built by: 7601.17803.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.120330-1504
Debug session time: Wed Jun 13 02:00:08.741 2... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/234769-bsod-random-ntoskrnl-exe-7f1c0-bug-check-0x000000f4.html
Relevancy 86.86%

Is Windows 7 . . . x64 bit - the original installed OS on the system? windows 7 - an OEM or full retail version? OEM - What is the age of system (hardware)? 6 months - What is the age of OS installation 6 months

For a long time now i have been experiencing stop errors related to ntoskrnl.exe
they are not frequent and occur once every few days.

I would greatly appreciate any help regarding this issue and will be happy to provide any additional information
thanks,
tom

A:Random BSOD error 0x0000004e ntoskrnl.exe+7f1c0

Device Concerns:
Code:
NVIDIA High Definition Audio HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10DE&DEV_0016&SUBSYS_10DE0101&REV_1001\5&37CB11FF&0&0001 This device is disabled.
NVIDIA High Definition Audio HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10DE&DEV_0016&SUBSYS_10DE0101&REV_1001\5&37CB11FF&0&0101 This device is disabled.
VirtualBox Host-Only Ethernet Adapter ROOT\NET\0000 This device is disabled.
ASUS Bluetooth USB\VID_0B05&PID_179C\6&DF2EE03&0&7 This device is disabled.
NVIDIA High Definition Audio HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10DE&DEV_0016&SUBSYS_10DE0101&REV_1001\5&37CB11FF&0&0201 This device is disabled.
NVIDIA High Definition Audio HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_10DE&DEV_0016&SUBSYS_10DE0101&REV_1001\5&37CB11FF&0&0301 This device is disabled.
Realtek 8185 Extensible 802.11b/g Wireless Device PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8185&SUBSYS_822510EC&REV_20\5&D93DF5B&0&0800E6 This device is disabled.
Were you aware of the above? If so, please explain your reasoning so we may understand your troubleshooting steps.
Software Concerns:You need to update to Kaspersky Internet Security 2012. 2011 may cause instability due to the age of the software.
You have a number of programs running. I would recommend that you Troubleshoot Application Conflicts by Performing a Clean Startup leaving only your security software enabled with startup and have services run on startup.

Code:
Start Menu\Programs\ASUS\AI Suite II Public:Start Menu\Programs\ASUS\AI Suite II Public
Start Menu\Programs\ASUS\Disk Unlocker Public:Start Menu\Programs\ASUS\Disk Unlocker Public
Start Menu\Programs\Driver Detective Public:Start Menu\Programs\Driver Detective Public
Recommend removing your ASUS utilities through Start Menu -> Control Panel -> Uninstall a program. They can provide software interfaces with the hardware for overclocking, and even when the overclock is not enabled, that interface can cause instability. They are also not needed for the system to function properly and may reduce system resources.

We do not recommend automated driver update software. It often finds drivers for devices similar to but not exactly the same as the hardware actually on the system. This can lead to conflicts and blue screen crashes. If you need help finding driver updates for a certain device, please start a thread in Drivers - Windows 7 Forums instead of using software. Driver updates are not always necessary and some updates can actually decrease system stability rather than increase it, so it is usually better not to update unless a device or its driver is causing problems with the system. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Analysis:It is difficult to find patterns with only one .dmp file. Yours points to memory problems or driver conflicts.If you are overclocking any hardware, please stop.

Run the boot version of Memtest86+ paying close attention to Parts 2 and 3 of the tutorial. Also, in case Memtest86+ misses anything and comes up with no errors, run the extended version of the Windows Memory Diagnostics Tool for at least five passes. These you may want to run overnight since they take a long time to complete (run them an hour before bed each of the next two nights and check before going to sleep that they are still running).

Warning
Before you proceed with the following, answer these two questions: Are you still under warranty? Does your warranty allow you to open up the machine to check hardware? If you are unsure of the answers to these questions, contact your system manufacturer. WARNING: The steps that follow can void your warranty!!!

For Part 3: If You Have Errors: If you swap any memory components, follow these steps for ESD safety:Shut down and turn off your computer.
Unplug all power supplies to the computer (AC Power then battery for laptops, AC power for desktops)
Hold down the power button for 30 seconds to close the circuit and ensure a... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/237699-random-bsod-error-0x0000004e-ntoskrnl-exe-7f1c0.html
Relevancy 86.86%

I've been using ubuntu on a Live USB to compile some of my C homework I disabled wireless within ubuntu When I restarted into Windows I received an error about a hardware switch being turned off and was unable to use fn f to turn it back on I restarted my pc and went into the live usb again When I went back into windows the wireless was available but my computer BSOD's almost immediately after logging in I am able to boot into SafeMode with networking so Using BSOD on ntoskrnl.exe+7f1c0 Live USB After Ubuntu Boot I'm not sure if the wireless if the actual issue or a related event at all I have run chkdsk r memcheck and have rolled back and then reinstalled the new build of my graphics driver In BlueScreenView I see ntoskrnl exe and PSHED dll listed as the top two events and other BSOD on Boot ntoskrnl.exe+7f1c0 After Using Ubuntu Live USB threads said that PSHED dll was graphics related but that did not ultimately solve the issue I've BSOD on Boot ntoskrnl.exe+7f1c0 After Using Ubuntu Live USB attacked the MiniDump files I have too much ram for a full dump I've also attached the SF Results Thanks for any help that you may be able to offer

A:BSOD on Boot ntoskrnl.exe+7f1c0 After Using Ubuntu Live USB

Welcome aboard.

Here is your actual problem:

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

REGISTRY_ERROR (51)
Something has gone badly wrong with the registry. If a kernel debugger
is available, get a stack trace. It can also indicate that the registry got
an I/O error while trying to read one of its files, so it can be caused by
hardware problems or filesystem corruption.
It may occur due to a failure in a refresh operation, which is used only
in by the security system, and then only when resource limits are encountered.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000001, (reserved)
Arg2: fffff8a000024370, (reserved)
Arg3: 0000000001643000, depends on where Windows bugchecked, may be pointer to hive
Arg4: 0000000000000374, depends on where Windows bugchecked, may be return code of
HvCheckHive if the hive is corrupt.
In such a situation, you first boot into Advanced Boot Options, choose "last known good configuration" and hit enter, see if it boots or not.

In a deeper analysis of your dump, it indicates Kaspersky :

Code:
fffff880`08f4e838 fffff880`0471a7bfUnable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\klif.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for klif.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for klif.sys
klif+0x267bf
When we see an Antivirus is there behind the crashes, we suggest to uninstall it and use Microsoft Security Essentials - Free Antivirus for Windows.

But, as the Registry is already corrupted, uninstalling Kaspersky will not bring it back to normal, it just will protect the system from getting more corrupt.

If both of those options fail, do SFC /SCANNOW : Run in Command Prompt at Boot

If it also failed, do a Clean Install Windows 7

Let us know the results.

EDIT: Uninstall the following programs:
Catalyst Control Center
DAEMON Tools Lite
Defraggler
MSI Afterburner
Free up the startup. (you have 30 programs in startup)

Click on the Start button
Type “msconfig (without quotes), click the resulting link. It will open the System Configuration window.
Select the “Startup” tab.
Deselect all items other than the antivirus.
Apply > OK
Accept the restart.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/257276-bsod-boot-ntoskrnl-exe-7f1c0-after-using-ubuntu-live-usb.html
Relevancy 86.86%

Hi,

I'm haveing some problems with my HTPC, when its going to sleep mode it usually gets a bsod, either right away or during the night.

I have all windows updates applied, i have updated the drivers, updated my ocz agility with newest firmware, tried other ram's also.

I have also tried reinstalling windows without success.

Would realy appriciate if anyone could give me some hints on whats causing this.

A:BSOD when the HTPC is in sleep mode ntoskrnl.exe+7f1c0

Hello Ray and welcome to Sevenforums.

SFC /scannow
We usually ask people to do this command to check if Windows is corrupted. It's the most common used one to check if the Windows files are corrupted. If it'll find errors, it'll restore them.

Tip
If you're having a custom customization layer on your Aero, it's likely to get restored to default.
Press Start | search 'cmd' | Right-click it
| open as Admin | type SFC /SCANNOW

SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

Best Regards,
Frederik.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/248880-bsod-when-htpc-sleep-mode-ntoskrnl-exe-7f1c0.html
Relevancy 84.28%

Windows 7 Pro x64
original installed OS
OEM

hardware is 2.5 years old
original installation of OS

Thanks for your help!!!

A:BSOD error ntoskrnl.exe+7f1c0 - lots of Chrome browser tabs open

Running the last 3 memory dumps (May and June 2012)

Do you have any idea of what this is (it's from your startups):

Quote:
MEI_Startup c:\script_temp\startup.cmd Public HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

If not, please run several of these free anti-malware scans to see if you're infected (and if your current protection is compromised): Free Online AntiMalware Resources

Your network drivers date from 2009 - please update them.

If the above doesn't solve your BSOD problems, please post back so we can suggest some further diagnostics.

Good luck!

The following info is just FYI, I've already addressed the issues that I saw in the above paragraphs

- Further info on BSOD error messages available at: http://www.carrona.org/bsodindx.html
- Info on how to troubleshoot BSOD's (DRAFT): http://www.carrona.org/userbsod.html
- How I do it: http://www.carrona.org/howidoit.html

3RD PARTY DRIVERS PRESENT IN THE DUMP FILES

Code:

L8042Kbd.sys Tue Aug 24 13:23:11 2010 (4C73FFFF)
MpFilter.sys Fri Mar 09 06:05:26 2012 (4F59E3F6)
SCDEmu.SYS Mon Apr 12 04:52:25 2010 (4BC2DF49)
amdxata.sys Fri Mar 19 12:18:18 2010 (4BA3A3CA)
dump_iaStorV.sys Thu Jun 10 20:46:19 2010 (4C11875B)
e1y62x64.sys Fri Jun 12 21:16:42 2009 (4A32FDFA)
iaStorV.sys Thu Jun 10 20:46:19 2010 (4C11875B)
igdkmd64.sys Fri Feb 11 14:16:32 2011 (4D558B10)
psi_mf.sys Wed Sep 01 03:53:14 2010 (4C7E066A)
sbmount.SYS Fri Jun 24 17:48:19 2011 (4E050623)
stcvsm.sys Fri Jun 24 17:45:59 2011 (4E050597)
vpchbus.sys Sat Nov 20 06:35:38 2010 (4CE7B28A)
vpcnfltr.sys Sat Nov 20 06:35:20 2010 (4CE7B278)
vpcusb.sys Sat Nov 20 06:35:31 2010 (4CE7B283)
vpcvmm.sys Sat Nov 20 06:35:48 2010 (4CE7B294)

http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=L8042Kbd.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=MpFilter.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=SCDEmu.SYS
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=amdxata.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=dump_iaStorV.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=e1y62x64.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=iaStorV.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=igdkmd64.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=psi_mf.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=sbmount.SYS
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=stcvsm.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=vpchbus.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=vpcnfltr.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=vpcusb.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=vpcvmm.sys

BSOD BUGCHECK SUMMARY

Code:

Loading Dump File [C:\Users\John\_jcgriff2_\dbug\__Kernel__\052512-35178-01.dmp]
Debug session time: Fri May 25 13:11:36.081 2012 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 4 days 1:38:25.829
BugCheck 1A, {41790, fffffa80061fb840, ffff, 0}
Probably caused by : win32k.sys ( win32k!NtGdiCreateDIBSection+3e4 )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x1a_41790
PROCESS_NAME: chrome.exe
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x1a_41790_win32k!NtGdiCreateDIBSection+3e4
Bugcheck code 0000001A
Arguments 00000000`00041790 fffffa80`061fb840 00000000`0000ffff 00000000`00000000
BiosVersion = 080015
BiosReleaseDate = 10/16/2009
SystemManufacturer = powerspec
SystemProductName = B667
MaxSpeed: 2660
CurrentSpeed: 2666
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\John\_jcgriff2_\dbug\__Kernel__\053112-30435-01.dmp]
Debug session time: Thu May 31 19:55:52.468 2012 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 6 days 6:41:14.201
BugCheck 109, {a3a039d89f132868, 0, a9c65ba56d70b6e9, 101}
Probably caused by : Un... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/235657-bsod-error-ntoskrnl-exe-7f1c0-lots-chrome-browser-tabs-open.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Hey!

I'm currently getting BSODs when I try to update my Nvidia drivers. I have had a lot of them - last time I had a BSOD was November 2012 (Same computer - no hardware/software replace). But now I've been getting them again. I'm very sad about this, there's not much to say...

A:BSOD when trying to update Nvidia driver

Only 40 Windows Updates installed. Most systems have 66 or more. Please visit Windows Update and get ALL available updates (it may take several trips to get them all).

WPRO_41_2001.sys (CACE Technologies WinPcap Packet Driver) dates from 2011, please update the program with the latest, Win8 compatible version. If there isn't a Win8 compatible version, please uninstall it.

trufos.sys, bdfwfpf.sys, and avchv.sys (all are a part of BitDefender) date from 2011, please update the program with the latest, Win8 compatible version.

LGBusEnum.sys (a part of your Logitech software) dates from 2011, please update the program with the latest, Win8 compatible version. If there isn't a Win8 compatible version, please uninstall it.

AsrAppCharger.sys (a part of AsRock App Charger) dates from 2011, please uninstall it.

All 3 memory dumps in the upload are all STOP 0xA and blame the kernel (core) of the OS.
If all of the above doesn't stop the BSOD's, please run Driver Verifier according to these instructions: Driver Verifier Settings

Also, if you're having more BSOD's than the 3 that were uploaded, I'd suspect that there also might be a hardware problem (maybe with the video card?). Start with these free diagnostics (I'd start with the 2 video test sections first): Hardware Diagnostics

Code:
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\Owner\Downloads\053013-51796-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

Symbol search path is: SRV*c:\symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols;srv*c:\SymcachePublic*http://ctxsym.citrix.com/symbolsad/symbols
Executable search path is:
Windows 8 Kernel Version 9200 MP (4 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS
Built by: 9200.16461.amd64fre.win8_gdr.121119-1606
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`b880b000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`b8ad5a80
Debug session time: Thu May 30 16:27:21.536 2013 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 10 days 2:42:48.361
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck A, {9ffdb, 2, 0, fffff800b88f55ff}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!ExpScanGeneralLookasideList+60 )

---------

2: kd> !analyze -v; !sysinfo cpuspeed; !sysinfo SMBIOS; lmtsmn
* Bugcheck Analysis *

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (a)
An attempt was made to access a pageable (or completely invalid) address at an
interrupt request level (IRQL) that is too high. This is usually
caused by drivers using improper addresses.
If a kernel debugger is available get the stack backtrace.
Arguments:
Arg1: 000000000009ffdb, memory referenced
Arg2: 0000000000000002, IRQL
Arg3: 0000000000000000, bitfield :
bit 0 : value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation
bit 3 : value 0 = not an execute operation, 1 = execute operation (only on chips which support this level of status)
Arg4: fffff800b88f55ff, address which referenced memory

Debugging Details:
-----------------... Read more

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/25895-bsod-when-trying-update-nvidia-driver.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Hello!

Unfortunately I've been trying to identify the location from an issue I have without success. My computer tends to lag and make a sound specific to when a BSOD occurs. Though it wont go into the final stage (The BSOD occurs, it's just the lag - which in the end becomes annoying).

After looking up my HDD, RAM and CPU (they didn't have any issues). I decided to have a look on my 400? GPU. The drivers I have say my current drivers are up2date (320.18, very problematic drivers). I can recall starting having issues upgrading to these drivers. When I went to Nvidia's site - I saw that so wasn't the case - my drivers were outdated. I downloaded 320.49 and when I tried to install it I received a BSOD. Twice.

I've attached my log.

If something is unclear, do not be afraid to point it out! Every mistake (language-wise) is on my behalf!

Thanks,
Varg

A:BSOD when trying to update Nvidia driver

Hello Varg,

I will not be the one to do a formal analysis of your logs; however, your situation peaked my interest when you said it acted like a BSOD but didn't actually BSOD (it just started lagging). So, I took a peek at your Event Viewer logs and I didn't see anything in there (although I could have missed something important). Anyway, my first question is "Did it ever work OK?" If so, would it be possible to try and reinstall the drivers that last worked and see what happens? Any chance you have developed a heat-related issue? Do you have any means of monitoring your GPU temperature? If not, you could try download GPU-Z to do the monitoring.

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/31528-bsod-when-trying-update-nvidia-driver.html
Relevancy 75.25%

Windows Vista Home Premium bit SP HP Pavilion tx us Tablet PC years old now nVidia GeForce Go So this all started a year ago after a video driver update from Windows Update Since then whenever Vista enters exits a full-screen operation it shifts out of Aero resulting in a black screen for seconds most noticeable with calling UAC I've been trying to rollback or get a better update for the driver ever since especially because Windows Upgrade Advisor says the driver Video Update BSOD on nVidia Driver needs to be updated but have had no success A couple months ago I tried installing a video driver with a modded INF As a result problem still not fixed and screen orientation functionality disabled BSOD on nVidia Video Driver Update Since then trying to update the video driver from HP HP Recovery and Windows Update results in a BSOD half-way through stop x F x x x x Then Windows fails to start and executes Recovery Manager which repairs and succeeds Obviously if I didn't try to update the driver this wouldn't happen but I'd like this to be somewhat resolved when comes Does anyone have any ideas that could help

A:BSOD on nVidia Video Driver Update

Originally Posted by Stunrunner

Windows Vista Home Premium 32bit (SP2)
HP Pavilion tx1220us Tablet PC (2 years old now)
nVidia GeForce Go 6150

So this all started a year ago, after a video driver update from Windows Update. Since then, whenever Vista enters/exits a full-screen operation, it shifts out of Aero (resulting in a black screen for 5 seconds, most noticeable with calling UAC).
I've been trying to rollback or get a better update for the driver ever since (especially because Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor says the driver needs to be updated), but have had no success.
A couple months ago I tried installing a video driver with a modded INF. As a result, problem still not fixed, and screen orientation functionality disabled.
Since then, trying to update the video driver (from HP, HP Recovery, and Windows Update) results in a BSOD half-way through (stop 0x7F,(0x0,0x0,0x0,0x0)). Then Windows fails to start, and executes Recovery Manager, which repairs and succeeds.
Obviously, if I didn't try to update the driver this wouldn't happen, but I'd like this to be somewhat resolved when 7 comes. Does anyone have any ideas that could help?

SR

do you happen to have some of the dump files from the BSOD's? they are usually located in c:\windows\minidump, can you zip them (*.dmp) and upload it to us using the attachment icon (its shaped like a paperclip) in the reply form

win 7 is already out and does have a better handle on drivers, especially in 32bit.

thanks

Ken

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/251740-bsod-nvidia-video-driver-update.html
Relevancy 74.39%

I have been having issues with Battlefield 4 direct x error. Updated my Nvidia driver and now I ran into BSOD.
I have uploaded my files.

A:BSOD crashed after Nvidia Driver Update on Battlefield 4

I am now getting constant bsod when trying to load any gaming software. I also cannot install any other drivers without a crash.

Now I am getting memory management bsod when trying to load my anti virus program.

Is this a hardware issue now?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/312313-bsod-crashed-after-nvidia-driver-update-battlefield-4-a.html
Relevancy 73.96%

Hi Fellas,Appreciate all the help I can get. This has been bugging me a lot until i formatted my laptop AND THEN it happens again. This happen when I tried to update my nvidia graphic driver to the latest. It crashes before I can even update it and many many occasions..File is in dropbox. Please tell me the root cause.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fi5mkuv3e5csf4r/zenxyuan.rar?dl=0Thank you in advance.

A:BSOD causes nvidia graphic driver update failure 0x0000009f

File is in the attachment. Please tell me the root cause.
There isn't a attachment... 

Does this help you to solve the problem?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/563516/bsod-causes-nvidia-graphic-driver-update-failure-0x0000009f/
Relevancy 73.96%

Hi Fella,

Appreciate all the helps I can get. This has been bugging me a lot until i formatted my laptop AND THEN it happens again. This happen when I tried to update my nvidia graphic driver to the latest. It crashes before I can even update it and many many occasions..

File is in the attachment. Please tell me the root cause.

Thank you in advance.

A:BSOD causes nvidia graphic driver update failure 0x0000009f

First of all, Install Service pack 1 and all other windows updates. Otherwise the system will remain vulnerable to threats including BSODs.

Code:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7600 MP (8 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS Personal
Built by: 7600.16695.amd64fre.win7_gdr.101026-1503
Learn how to install Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1)
Service Pack and Update Center - Microsoft Windows

Next, update the nvidia display driver. It is extreme too old.

Code:
Image name: nvlddmkm.sys
Timestamp: Sun Dec 05 14:44:23 2010 (4CFB57EF)
Drivers - Download NVIDIA Drivers

Let us know for any further BSOD.

Code:
Irp is active with 4 stacks 2 is current (= 0xfffffa800b323f28)
No Mdl: No System Buffer: Thread 00000000: Irp stack trace.
cmd flg cl Device File Completion-Context
[ 0, 0] 0 0 00000000 00000000 00000000-00000000

Args: 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000
>[ 16, 2] 0 e1 fffffa8007b7c4d0 00000000 fffff880100f567c-fffffa800a93f910 Success Error Cancel pending
\Driver\ACPI nvlddmkm
Args: 00000000 00000001 00000001 00000000
[ 16, 2] 0 e1 fffffa8009cb5040 00000000 00000000-00000000 pending
\Driver\nvlddmkm
Args: 00000000 00000001 00000001 00000000
[ 0, 0] 0 0 00000000 00000000 00000000-fffffa800bb88880

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/358666-bsod-causes-nvidia-graphic-driver-update-failure-0x0000009f.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Hello I have had two BSODs this week one on Monday and the other one today Thursday Both occured within minutes after Windows had been started resumed from hibernation for the first time that day The same thing happened a few months ago I'm after / first of boot the BSODs 0x00000109 ntoskrnl.exe+7f1c0 day: beginning to see a pattern Other than these quot morning quot BSODs my laptop is operating quite stable It's being used about hours a day yet I have never had a BSOD other than those after the first start of the day Because of this BSODs after first boot of the day: 0x00000109 / ntoskrnl.exe+7f1c0 my gut BSODs after first boot of the day: 0x00000109 / ntoskrnl.exe+7f1c0 feeling is that this is more likely a hardware related BSOD Maybe some part or device is unable to handle the initial temperature rise after cooling down over night Although the laptop is always stored at room temperature Another pattern is that BlueScreenView displays the same values for all three BSODs in these columns Bug Check Code x Parameter a a d Parameter b b e Parameter fffff Parameter Crash Address ntoskrnl exe f c Minidump files are attached Event viewer shows no unusual events between Windows start and BSOD I'm using a genuine Windows copy always with the newest updates from Microsoft and my drivers and BIOS are up to date too BSODs after first boot of the day: 0x00000109 / ntoskrnl.exe+7f1c0 I'm currently running Driver Verifier to see if I can catch a BSOD this way My hardware checks so far RAM memtest found no errors after passes neither did Windows' own Memory Diagnostics Tool I even ran memtest again after letting the laptop cool down to see if the memory would behave differently but still no errors PSU Stated output is V I measured V Seems ok to me HDD Ran various tests HDD scans filesystem checks no errors or bad sectors Any suggestions or interpretations of my minidump files are appreciated

A:BSODs after first boot of the day: 0x00000109 / ntoskrnl.exe+7f1c0

Please upload your msinfo32.nfo file. To get this:
Click on the Start
Type msinfo32 into the Search programs and files box
When it opens, go to File, Save
Save as msinfo32.nfo and save in a place you will remember
Let it finish the process of gathering and saving the system info
Right click the .nfo file, click send to compressed (zipped) folder
Upload the .zip file here.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/252683-bsods-after-first-boot-day-0x00000109-ntoskrnl-exe-7f1c0.html
Relevancy 69.66%

Hey guys so I've been getting some random BSOD errors every few days or so I usually leave my computer on when I am at work or sleep and either when I come home Random BSOD error ntoskrnl.exe (address driver ntoskrnl.exe+74ec0) or wake up my computer is off So I turn it on and it says that the computer didn't Random BSOD error driver ntoskrnl.exe (address ntoskrnl.exe+74ec0) shut down properly when I start up I downloaded the BlueScreenView and noticed I've had some BSOD three times within days One Random BSOD error driver ntoskrnl.exe (address ntoskrnl.exe+74ec0) was a PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA error which I believe was a RAM problem i bought new RAM and installed it plus OCed it to but I believe it was making my system unstable so I reset the speed to default and haven't gotten that error again but after that I've gotten two IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL errors related to ntoskrnl exe I did some research online and from what I read it could be a number of problems I'm just not sure where to start and could really use some guidance and advice I uploaded my dmp files for anyone who knows how to look at these Thank in advance

A:Random BSOD error driver ntoskrnl.exe (address ntoskrnl.exe+74ec0)

Welcome to 7F. I'll take a look at your dumps and see if I can get you BSOD free.

One

NETGEAR NEUTRAL WIRELESS SOLUTION

Your Netgear Neutral Wireless Solution driver has been flagged. It is quite old a could probably do with updating. Check for updates here
Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck A, {0, 2, 1, fffff800034c88ac}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for scmndisp.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for scmndisp.sys
Probably caused by : scmndisp.sys ( scmndisp+16d1 )

---------

1: kd> lmvm scmndisp
start end module name
fffff880`0188b000 fffff880`01895000 scmndisp T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: scmndisp.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\scmndisp.sys
Image name: scmndisp.sys
Timestamp: Fri May 27 11:30:22 2011 (4DDF7D3E)
CheckSum: 00009C0C
ImageSize: 0000A000

Two

HARDWARE DIAGNOSTICS

A few of your dumps (0x50, 0x124) are pointing towards hardware errors. 0x124s are usually always hardware errors but rarely give us an indication of what the problem actually is. In this case we may have struck lucky as this particular one shows up ASUS AI Suite III. The utilities listed below are the ones I'm concerned about.Attachment 353971

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (124)
A fatal hardware error has occurred. Parameter 1 identifies the type of error
source that reported the error. Parameter 2 holds the address of the
WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure that describes the error conditon.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000000, Machine Check Exception
Arg2: fffffa800752d028, Address of the WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure.
Arg3: 00000000bf800000, High order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.
Arg4: 0000000000000124, Low order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.

Debugging Details:
------------------
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x124_GenuineIntel

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

PROCESS_NAME: AISuite3.exe

CURRENT_IRQL: f

ANALYSIS_VERSION: 6.3.9600.17029 (debuggers(dbg).140219-1702) amd64fre
We have seen motherboard packaged utilities cause 0x124s in the past and it could be the case here.
Uninstall ASUS AI Suite III and test the system for stability.
Run SeaTools to check the integrity of your HDD. SeaTools for DOS and Windows - How to Use
Download and run MemTest86+ to test your RAM. RAM - Test with Memtest86+

Note
Attachment 353972 Run MemTest86+ for at least 8 passes. Ideally set it off before you go to bed and leave it overnight, we're looking for zero errors here. A single error will show something's going bad with your RAM.

Three

NVIDIA GPU

You've also received a 0x116 which is a VIDEO_TDR_ERROR (Timeout Detection & Recovery) which means your GPU driver has crashed and has failed to recover in time. This could be down to the driver, the card itself or possibly the power to the card.
Code:
******************************************************************************... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/365399-random-bsod-error-driver-ntoskrnl-exe-address-ntoskrnl-exe-74ec0.html
Relevancy 69.66%

I'm not a gamer, but rather an enthusiastic net surfer and would like my present graphics card to be as fast as easily possible. To do this, it has been suggested that I update my card's driver with downloading/installing Nvidia's latest driver (285.62 WHQL, Win7 64-bit...4G RAM, Firefox 9). Would this be the the right thing to do?

A:Driver update for NVIDIA GeForce 7100 / NVIDIA nForce 630i?

If you are not having problems, I would not go looking for trouble

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/204465-driver-update-nvidia-geforce-7100-nvidia-nforce-630i.html
Relevancy 69.23%

Got my first blue screen of death tonight had firefox opened one watching youtube video another browsing internet After bsod /adress (ntoskrnl.exe+72a40) caused by driver (ntoskrnl.exe) BSOD it restarted i login but just black screen with cursor ctrl alt delete worked so i shut my computer down Boot up normally after check my minidump file bsod cause BSOD caused by driver (ntoskrnl.exe) /adress (ntoskrnl.exe+72a40) by ntoskrnl exe Did little search on google find BSOD caused by driver (ntoskrnl.exe) /adress (ntoskrnl.exe+72a40) has to do with ram and hard drive Downloaded wd data life guard diagnostic for my mechanic drive which is healthy but my ssd on shows failed end to end error rate value threshold worst is all in SMART statue Im not sure if i can trust this wd diagnostic on my crucial ssd there are alot of unknown in SMART statue too Theres no ssd diagnotic for crucial there is a firmware not sure if it helps So i downloaded and ran crystaldiskinfo on my ssd health statues says good it doesnt say end to end error rate like wd Instead same ID B line says quot unused reserve nand blocks quot instead Is my ssd good i havent ran a test on my ram yet This is almost month old build Asrock x x killer i k gtx w crucial x gb crucial gb ssd wd blue tb Heres info of bsod with bluescreenview Bug Check String- IRQL GT ZERO AT SYSTEM SERVICE Bug Check Code - x a Parameter - dc a Parameter - Parameter - Parameter - fffff b Caused By Driver- ntoskrnl exe Caused By Address- ntoskrnl exe a File Description- NT Kernel amp System

A:BSOD caused by driver (ntoskrnl.exe) /adress (ntoskrnl.exe+72a40)

Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/367819-bsod-caused-driver-ntoskrnl-exe-adress-ntoskrnl-exe-72a40.html
Relevancy 65.36%

As the title states I've been getting frequent bluescreens while on youtube and gaming "ntoskrnl.exe+7f1c0" on bluescreens while youtube and Frequent gaming I've just upgraded my computer and the bsods started to come after that The bluescreens that came from the use of youtube were caused by the f c adress in the ntoskrnl exe driver While gaming the bluescreens were caused by the ntoskrnl exe cc driver I would really need help as I'm getting sick of Frequent bluescreens while on youtube and gaming "ntoskrnl.exe+7f1c0" these bluescreens The number of bluescreens I've had while gaming and on youtube is Please help me if you can -Tuukka Is Windows - x -bit or x x - the original installed OS on the system Yes - an OEM or full retail version OEM - OEM came pre-installed on system - Full Retail you purchased it from retailer - What is the age of system hardware Brand new except for the HDD - What is the age of OS installation have you re-installed the OS I haven't had to re-install the OS PS The PS Perform file is maybe in finnish so ask if you need for translation

A:Frequent bluescreens while on youtube and gaming "ntoskrnl.exe+7f1c0"

Bumping, still need help...

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/229703-frequent-bluescreens-while-youtube-gaming-ntoskrnl-exe-7f1c0.html
Relevancy 64.07%

On Windows Pro Version Build I've hidden troublesome Nvidia driver updates using the wushowhide troubleshooter package for Windows Even with the updates hidden the next time an update check cycle is triggered the Nvidia driver updates are detected and installed Upon NVIDIA hide Windows Can't in update Update driver rebooting normally after the Can't hide NVIDIA driver update in Windows Update driver updates are installed I see a Windows STOP error blue screen of death shortly after signing on Windows I can remove the driver updates by uninstalling the associated applications packages through the Programs and Features control panel I've also tried to first remove the display adapter in Device Manager selecting the option to Delete the driver software for this device then removing the associated applications packages in Programs and Features As long as I do this before rebooting after the driver updates are installed I don't see STOP errors and I can then install an older Nvidia driver that works without STOP errors If the driver update happens to slip in unnoticed I can reboot in Safe Mode sign on and proceed with driver application package removal then reboot normally The latest but older Nvidia driver published by Dell for this laptop apparently works fine no STOP errors But the latest quot compatible quot Nvidia driver from Windows Update produces frustrating STOP errors resulting in a largely unusable system I've also tried this method to blocking hiding the Nvidia driver updates but the result is the same Windows Update detects installs Nvidia driver updates upon the next Windows Update detection cycle I've also configured Device installation settings to not quot automatically download manufacturers' apps and icons quot The only semi-satisfactory solution I've found is to disable the Windows Update service and re-enable the service only specifically when I want to check for Windows updates Any suggestions or better ideas

A:Can't hide NVIDIA driver update in Windows Update

I'm cautiously optimistic I found a reasonable workaround (requires the Pro edition of Windows), by using AppLocker to disallow executables signed by Nvidia to run. This way I can leave the Windows Update service enabled and don't need to constantly fight the Nvidia driver updates that I supposedly "hid" using the wushowhide troubleshooter. For anyone else in this or a similar predicament:

Right-click the Start button and click Run, or use the + R keyboard shortcut to open the Run command dialog.

In the Open text box, type gpedit and click OK.

Expand Computer Configuration > Windows Settings > Security Settings > Application Control Policies > AppLocker > Executable Rules. Right-click in the pane on the right and click Create New Rule... In my case, I created a Publisher rule with action Deny for Everyone, and used an Nvidia driver installer file as the reference file to capture the Publisher information.

Create exceptions as necessary. Since I want the older (already installed) Nvidia driver of my choice to function, I created a wildcard Path exception for the Nvidia Program Files folder.

Hope this is helpful...

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-insider/34570-cant-hide-nvidia-driver-update-windows-update.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hiya, just a while I ago I tried to install the NVidia driver update in my windows update but it says it failed after trying to install. Was wondering could this corrupt my video card driver or registery or can anything be done to make this error like it never happened before? Currently I'm using a GTX 460 with NVidia driver version 311.06 , many thanks.

A:nvidia driver update failed in windows update

go to windows update, click on the "View update history" link, find the driver that failed to install, double click on it and post the error code in this thread.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/286184-nvidia-driver-update-failed-windows-update.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Hello After many many hours of searching forums for solutions I have been unable to find a solution to my problem - so I decided to open a topic of my own and hope someone can help me with my problem specifically My problem is similar to this topic although the solutions posted there aren't working for me In short I have been experiencing random but frequent BSODs and counting with the Nvidia state graphics BSOD problems / power driver driver message 'driver power state overload' being displayed In my quest for a solution I wanted to upgrade my drivers when I noticed my Nvidia Geforce M graphics card seems to have disappeared When I try to install the latest driver from Nvidia's website I get the error 'graphics driver could not find compatible graphics hardware' Attempting to open the Nvidia control panel gives me BSOD driver power state / Nvidia graphics driver problems the message 'An Nvidia graphics card was not detected on your system' and I cannot find the card listed in the device manager only the intel HD graphics family is listed under display adapters To be clear I'm quite sure my laptop SHOULD have this card it's just not detecting it for some reason Since the symptoms of my problem are exactly the same as described in the topic linked above I have tried to follow the solution described by Arc Installed Driver Fusion started in BSOD driver power state / Nvidia graphics driver problems in safe mode and tried to delete Nvidia drivers - but nothing seemed to be listed here I still clicked delete but not sure if this actually did something or not

A:BSOD driver power state / Nvidia graphics driver problems

Hello Zephos.

As per the supplied data, this is the specification of your graphics.

Code:
Name Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000
PNP Device ID PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_0166&SUBSYS_21031043&REV_09\3&11583659&2&10
Adapter Type Intel(R) HD Graphics Family, Intel Corporation compatible
Adapter Description Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000
Adapter RAM (2.080.374.784) bytes
Installed Drivers igdumd64.dll,igd10umd64.dll,igd10umd64.dll,igdumd32,igd10umd32,igd10umd32
Driver Version 9.17.10.2932
So, it says it is not nVidia. But as you are saying that it was Nvidia Geforce 650M, and it disappeared, the best option is to contract the vendor. I wish you are within warranty?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/275880-bsod-driver-power-state-nvidia-graphics-driver-problems.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi over the weekend I updated my video card drivers to the most recent version and since then my system would crash after I play a game of Dota or whatever If I left the computer running without running any games it would perform fine and not crash Sometimes it would give me a BSOD but more often than not my computer would simply turn off and then restart There were no dump file created nor where there any events logged other than quot Session quot Microsoft Security Client OOBE quot stopped due to the following error xC D quot and quot The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first quot I ran a Memtest and I have no errors and I recently did a fresh install of Windows so I'm pretty sure that it is due to my video card drivers But the problem now is that the system crashes even after I did a system restore and after I completely update ntoskrnl.exe driver to after causes system restart reinstalled my drivers to a much much earlier version like a year and a half old driver System specs Windows Ultimate bit Intel i Gigabyte P M-UD ATI Radeon Microsoft Security Essentials Thank you for your time

A:ntoskrnl.exe causes system to restart after driver update

You had one Verifier enabled crash that points to your Human Interface Devices (HIDs). This could mean an issue with Bluetooth, USB devices, a gaming keyboard, or a gaming mouse. It could also be a false positive if Verifier was not enabled with the correct steps. For the time being, disable Verifier: Start Menu -> All Programs -> Accessories -> Right click Command Prompt -> Run as administrator -> Type the following command and then Enter:verifier /reset-> Restart your computer.
Your other two crashes point to memory problems or drivers. Since you suspect this is related to the graphics drivers, try installing them without AMD Catalyst Control Center/AMD Vision Engine Control Center:Download the version of ATI drivers that you want to install, and then do the following steps.Start the installation program to install your drivers and ATI software. When you get to the option to Express/Custom install, cancel the installation. Your drivers should now exist in C:\AMD\Support\xx-x_vista_win7_64_dd_ccc where the x's replace your version number of the driver software.
Uninstall all AMD software related to your graphics card by uninstalling AMD Catalyst Install Manager in Start Menu -> Control Panel -> Uninstall a program
If AMD Catalyst Install Manager is not listed, use the following method to uninstall the graphics drivers:Click Start Menu
Right Click My Computer/Computer
Click Manage
Click Device Manager from the list on the left
Expand Display adapters
Do the following for each adapter (in case you have multiple display cards)Right click the adapter
Click Uninstall (do not click OK in the dialog box that pops up after hitting Uninstall)
Put a tick in Delete driver software for this device (if this option is available, otherwise just hit OK) and hit OK

Alternatively:Login as an adminstrative user
Click Start Menu
Click Control Panel
Click Hardware and Sound
Click Device Manager (the last link under Devices and Printers)
Expand Display adapters
Do the following for each adapter (in case you have multiple display cards)Right click the adapter
Click Uninstall (do not click OK in the dialog box that pops up after hitting Uninstall)
Put a tick in Delete driver software for this device (if this option is available, otherwise just hit OK) and hit OK
Restart your computer.
Re-install your drivers from the C:\AMD\Support\xx-x_vista_win7_64_dd_ccc folder using a similar method to that in OPTION TWO of Drivers - Install Vista Drivers on Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/235758-ntoskrnl-exe-causes-system-restart-after-driver-update.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Hello folks my first post update:need/don't driver Nvidia need? here Short bio years old Bought first desktop w Windows Home GB Ram weenie video card Found the Windows forum people there very generous learning all the time Got into photography editing with Adobe Lightroom LR came out with new version that performed upgraded tasks that my machine couldn't handle Added more GB Ram by myself so proud Started using photo editing plug-ins from Topaz Labs machine handled but Nvidia driver update:need/don't need? slowly Topaz then came out with a super plug-in that required OpenGL or higher and at least GB of dedicated memory to open the application GB or more recommended for optimal performance Ground my poor little HP to a halt Bought new computer with Windows installed and have been migrating back and forth between computers with W and W taking baby steps digging W more and more as I pick it up Thanks for bearing with me Here's my question I got a Nvidia driver update:need/don't need? pop-up on my desktop from Nvidia saying there's a driver update for my card GeForce GTX went to Nvidia website the update is GeForce Game Ready Driver Now I do absolutely no gaming so if it ain't broke I figure I do not need this driver update Question How would I determine which driver updates I would need for my card Thanks in advance I'll be perusing this forum a lot The tutorials are excellent

A:Nvidia driver update:need/don't need?

Hi and welcome.

All the Nvidia drivers since August 2015 have been called Game Ready so don't let that influence you. However, most updates to the Nvidia drivers have been to support new graphics cards and to improve some gaming experience.
If your system is performing to your liking, I would not necessarily update the drivers. Just my opinion.

http://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/42752-nvidia-driver-update-need-dont-need.html
Relevancy 62.35%

So i bought a Touchsmart IQ Series PC it s the all in one computers I have a NVIDIA M GS graphics card and i m trying to update it Right now the current version is I ve been trying to update the graphics driver to http www nvidia com Download index aspx lang en-us but it keeps giving me an error saying the it is not compatible with hardware I ve been updating drivers from the device manager list but update for driver to PLZ! NVIDIA HELP Trying it keeps saying it Trying to update driver for NVIDIA HELP PLZ! is up to date The purpose for me to do this is for the purpose of gaming I know this PC isn t made Trying to update driver for NVIDIA HELP PLZ! for gaming but the specs are able to handle it So anyways please if anyone can Trying to update driver for NVIDIA HELP PLZ! help me out here i would be grateful It just seems impossible finding the driver for it Can you even update drivers on a Touchsmart IQ Here is the hardware IDS PCI VEN DE amp DEV E amp SUBSYS B A amp REV A PCI VEN DE amp DEV E amp SUBSYS B A PCI VEN DE amp DEV E amp CC PCI VEN DE amp DEV E amp CC nbsp

A:Trying to update driver for NVIDIA HELP PLZ!

Those are the vendor and device codes for the NVIDIA GeForce 9300M GS.

What version of Windows are you using, and is it the 32-bit or 64-bit version?

According to its support site and product specifications section, it comes with Windows Vista Home Premium SP1(64-bit) pre-installed. If you're still using that operating system, have you upgraded it to SP2?

I noticed at the NVIDIA drivers site that the GeForce 9300M GS is listed in the notebook/laptop section and not in the desktop section. I would've thought an all-in-one computer falls in the desktop category, but I guess I'm wrong.

----------------------------------------------------------------

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trying-to-update-driver-for-nvidia-help-plz.971099/
Relevancy 62.35%

So like im going to update my nvidia driver, i already got the new driver update file i havent install it yet. i was wondering what should i do like should i remove the old driver or just run the file?

A:NVIDIA Driver Update

Just run the file. I would not uninstall the old driver, if need be, the new driver will notify you that another version is on the computer and uninstall/upgrade as needed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nvidia-driver-update.1014182/
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi,

I've been having problems with my graphics card. It's NVIDIA GeForce2 MX/MX400 in Windows XP Home edition, and in the device properties I get this message:

"This device cannot start. (Code 10)" I tried uninstalling the driver and then adding it in again, but that caused the screen to go blank and then freeze.

Also, sometimes it prevents my computer from entering hibernation.. plus I can't watch any video as it moves too slow.. Does anyone know where I can download an update for this driver and how to update it?

Thanks!

A:NVIDIA driver update

http://www.nvidia.com/content/drivers/drivers.asp

Uninstall the old driver first, before attempting to install the new driver. Also, turn off any antivirus programmes when installing the new driver.

Regards Howard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-driver-update.45990/
Relevancy 62.35%

Hello folks my first post here Short bio years old Bought first desktop w Windows Home GB Ram weenie video card Found the Windows forum people there very generous learning all the time Got into photography editing with Adobe Lightroom LR came out with new version that performed upgraded tasks that my machine couldn't handle Added more GB update:need/don't need? Nvidia driver Ram by myself so proud Started using photo editing plug-ins from Topaz Labs machine handled but slowly Topaz then came out with a super plug-in that required Nvidia driver update:need/don't need? OpenGL or higher and at least GB of dedicated memory to open the application GB or more recommended for optimal performance Ground my poor little HP to a halt Bought new computer with Windows installed and have been migrating back and forth between computers with W and W taking baby steps digging W more and more as I pick it up Thanks for bearing with me Here's my question I got a pop-up on my desktop from Nvidia saying there's a driver update for my card GeForce GTX went to Nvidia website the update is GeForce Game Ready Driver Now I do absolutely no gaming so if it ain't broke I figure I do not need this driver update Question How would I determine which driver updates I would need for my card Thanks in advance I'll be perusing this forum a lot The tutorials are excellent

A:Nvidia driver update:need/don't need?

Hi and welcome.

All the Nvidia drivers since August 2015 have been called Game Ready so don't let that influence you. However, most updates to the Nvidia drivers have been to support new graphics cards and to improve some gaming experience.
If your system is performing to your liking, I would not necessarily update the drivers. Just my opinion.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/42752-nvidia-driver-update-need-dont-need.html
Relevancy 62.35%

I am wondering about the correct procedure to follow when updating an NVIDIA Video driver in a windows Vista PC. I have the driver ready to install. I already tried to do this, but didn't seem to work. I uninstalled the old driver through add/remove programs and then deleted it from device manager. The problem was when I rebooted I failed to realize that Vista updates the driver automatically. This prevents me from installing the video driver that I wanted to. In XP you can choose not to update and then install your own. Should I have installed the new driver before rebooting.

Do you really have to uninstall the old one first, or just update the current one. What's the step by step best way to do this. Thanks.

A:NVIDIA driver Update

That's a tough call and opinions vary. Some say you should uninstall the old drivers and then use a utility to ensure they are gone but...........The nVidia drivers COME with an uninstaller. You run the program and it says "uninstalling old driver........" and when it finishes that it reboots and then "installing new driver......"I use Driver Sweeper and then install. LOL that's not what the directions say to do though. About the automatic install....... SUPPOSEDLY to turn it off you follow the following instructions (I say supposedly because I have had it work and not work. When it didn't work I repeated the steps until it did. I reboot after doing it, but I don't think it's necessary):To turn off automatic driver installation:Hit Start> Control Panel> System> Advanced System Settings> Hardware (when you hit advanced system settings, the box that opens says system properties) > Windows Update Driver Settings. There you have three options. Automatic, ask, and never. Click the one you want and hit apply.It occurs to me you should be able to right click computer and then select properties and get there as well. I'll try it after I post lol.EDIT: nope, that didn't work (right click computer), but I KNOW there is shorter way to get to system properties.........

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/236376/nvidia-driver-update/
Relevancy 62.35%

Should I update my VGA Driver from NVIDIA's site? There's no new update for my GPU here in Acer's site, my current driver is 5 or more versions late. I'm a person who wants to get all drivers updated to the latest version, so if ever I don't want to left this out . What would you guys advise?

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Should-I-update-my-VGA-Driver-from-NVIDIA/td-p/454934
Relevancy 62.35%

I want to know how to update my NVIDIA graphics driver.
I know it's a silly question but it doesn't work for me. After driver installation it prompts my computer for restart and when I restart startup repair appears.
So I need a proper way to update my graphics driver.

A:NVIDIA driver update

Do you see your computer crash at start up before start up repair? Where do you get your driver update? Be sure to download it from here: Drivers - Download NVIDIA Drivers
Select Custom then check Clean Install and uncheck everything in the installation list (except driver, ofcourse)

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/313408-nvidia-driver-update.html
Relevancy 62.35%

I need to uninstall and reinstall an updated driver for NVIDIA Can I get the update free of charge and where MiniToolBox by Farbar Version - - Ran by LOCH administrator on - - at Running from C Users LOCH AppData Local Microsoft Windows Temporary Internet Files Content IE F MPGM Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack X Boot Mode Normal Event log errors Application errors Error AM Source WinMgmt User Description root CIMV SELECT FROM InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN WHERE TargetInstance ISA Win Processor AND TargetInstance LoadPercentage gt x Error AM Source WinMgmt User Description root CIMV SELECT FROM InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN WHERE TargetInstance ISA Win Processor AND TargetInstance LoadPercentage gt x Error PM Source WinMgmt User Description root CIMV SELECT FROM InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN WHERE TargetInstance ISA Win Processor AND TargetInstance LoadPercentage gt x Error PM Source Application Hang User Description The program WinMail exe version stopped interacting with Windows and was closed To see if more information about the problem is available check the problem history in the Problem Reports and Solutions control panel Process ID cc DRIVER UPDATE. NVIDIA Start Time cf c aaa f Termination Time Error PM Source ESENT User Description WinMail WindowsMail Error - xfffffbf occurred while opening NVIDIA DRIVER UPDATE. logfile C Users LOCH AppData Local Microsoft Windows Mail edb log Error PM Source ESENT User Description WinMail WindowsMail An attempt to open the file C Users LOCH AppData Local Microsoft Windows Mail edb log for read only access failed with system error x The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process The open file operation will fail with error - xfffffbf Error PM Source ESENT User NVIDIA DRIVER UPDATE. Description WinMail WindowsMail Error - xfffffbf occurred while opening logfile C Users LOCH AppData Local Microsoft Windows Mail edb log Error PM Source ESENT User Description WinMail WindowsMail An attempt to open the file C Users LOCH AppData Local Microsoft Windows Mail edb log for read only access failed with system error x The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process The open file operation will fail with error - xfffffbf Error PM Source WinMgmt User Description root CIMV SELECT FROM InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN WHERE TargetInstance ISA Win Processor AND TargetInstance LoadPercentage gt x Error PM Source WinMgmt User Description root CIMV SELECT FROM InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN WHERE TargetInstance ISA Win Processor AND TargetInstance LoadPercentage gt x System errors Error AM Source Service Control Manager User Description NVIDIA Display Driver Servicenvlddmkm Error AM Source Service Control Manager User Description NVIDIA Display Driver Servicenvlddmkm Error PM Source Service Control Manager User Description NVIDIA Display Driver Servicenvlddmkm Error PM Source Service Control Manager User Description NVIDIA Display Driver Servicenvlddmkm Error PM Source Service Control Manager User Description NVIDIA Display Driver Servicenvlddmkm Error PM Source Service Control Manager User Description NVIDIA Display Driver Servicenvlddmkm Error AM Source Service Control Manager User Description NVIDIA Display Driver Servicenvlddmkm Error PM Source Service Control Manager User Description NVIDIA Display Driver Servicenvlddmkm Error AM Source Service Control Manager User Description NVIDIA Display Driver Servicenvlddmkm Error AM Source Service Control Manager User Description NVIDIA Display Driver Servicenvlddmkm Microsoft Office Sessions Error AM Source WinMgmt User Description root CIMV SELECT FROM InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN WHERE TargetInstance ISA Win Processor AND TargetInstance LoadPercentage gt x Error AM Source WinMgmt User Description root CIMV SELECT FROM InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN WHERE TargetInstance ISA Win Processor AND TargetInstance LoadPercentage gt x Error PM Source WinMgmt User Descript... Read more

A:NVIDIA DRIVER UPDATE.

Depending on what Nvidia driver. If built-in video then I would go to the Motherboard maker or computer makers website.
If a Video card I'd go to the Video card makers site computer makers website.

Alternatively www.nvidia.com and use the drivers tab, upper left.

Good Luck
Roger

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/521837/nvidia-driver-update/
Relevancy 62.35%

Latest Nvidia driver update has anyone had any issues, I have and have gone back to 347.09 only had problems in Sli and I'm sure others will have had so I guess have to wait till they fix it up.

A:Nvidia driver update 347.25

347.25 fixed all the issues I was having with my Oculus Rift. I was getting a doubling of all VR images but now it's back to normal. None of the games I play were negatively affected and I'm also running SLI. What games are you having issues with? Some people will always have troubles with every driver release - and most of the time it's something very specific with their configuration so the software and hardware you are using matter quite a lot and most of the time the problems people are having are not only the driver's fault.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-driver-update-347-25.208383/
Relevancy 62.35%

Hey, I cannot seem to find my nvidia version of my dirver.  I have the update, but I saw that it only works for windows vista.  I use nvidia Geforce 9400 GT and windows xp.

A:Nvidia driver update?

Maybe this will help...

http://www.nvidia.com/download/driverResults.aspx/75993/en-us

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/538940/nvidia-driver-update/
Relevancy 61.49%

What is the cause of this error? Any light?

A:NVIDIA driver update error

Originally Posted by bchowdhury

What is the cause of this error? Any light?

Sure was windows update trying to install your driver?? If so, go to Nvidia's web site and download your driver from Nvidia. Then install it. If you still have problems installing after getting your GTX650 driver from Nvidia, then un-install your drivers 1st, then re-install them. I always prefer to get my drivers from Nvidia.

http://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/33003-nvidia-driver-update-error.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Im really lost on how to update my video card. I think im supposed to download something...

Relevancy 61.49%

Last night, MS downloaded a driver update to this PC for the graphics card. The update specifically called out the nVidia 7300LE card that's installed. The writeup also stated that it was to correct the January Patch Tuesday updates. I thought it was strange that the update singled out my particular graphics card. I wonder if other W7 users that have nVidia cards installed might be getting similar updates since I see several posters here with display issues at boot up. Just thought I'd share my luck.

A:MS Driver Update for nVidia Cards...

There should be no reason for a MS graphics update if you have the latest driver from invidia.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/362553-ms-driver-update-nvidia-cards.html
Relevancy 61.49%

I downloaded 45.33 (having issues with a game freezing...System Shock 2)...If I click on update driver...Windows says it cannot(when I point it to the driver folder). If I try running the setup from within the new driver folder...it acts like it's installing the new drivers...but when I reboot...it's still on 40.72s.

I have also tried this by first removing the drivers in Add, Remove Programs.

WinXP Pro
P4 2.6C
512 DDR Ram
Leadtek Geforce 4 TI4200

A:Cannot update nvidia driver...XP Pro keeps reinstalling 40.72s.

Are you getting your drivers from Leadtek's site (try NVIDIA or vice versa)? Have you tried 'rolling back' your 40.72's. You could also try to uninstall from Safe Mode. You could also try to get all the way to the generic XP VGA driver first. Or maybe one of these Det Removers will work.
http://download.guru3d.com/detonator/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-update-nvidia-driver-xp-pro-keeps-reinstalling-40-72s.186229/
Relevancy 61.49%

I went to Nvidia and run the scan and downloaded the latest driver. I installed it, and thought it would automatically uninstall the previous driver, which is also located in the default C:/ > Nvidia folder, but when I checked after installing the new driver, the old version has a different folder and the new one has a different folder. Now I checked device manager and my pc was using the new drivers and software, so how can I remove the old version which is located in C:/ drive?

Please help.

A:Nvidia Driver Update problem.

Nvidia and ATI installers will first extract the drivers
to a folder on the main drive and then run install.
It is usually safe to delete the old setup files.
You will want to keep the newer one in there
in case you need to do a reinstall.
Keeps you from have to download it again.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nvidia-driver-update-problem.867161/
Relevancy 61.49%

Elsewhere I am getting help with BSOD, which might still relate to my GPU drivers.

(Error is: nvlddmkm.sys, DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, *** STOP: 0x000000d1 (0xfffffa7f9322f000, 0x0000000000000006, 0x0000000000000000, 0xfffff88004a5400e)
*** nvlddmkm.sys - Address 0xfffff88004a5400e base at 0xfffff880048bc000 DateStamp 0x5102506b)

I have updated drivers which did seem to do the trick, but 10 days later I am getting issues again.

I have the Driver Sweeper link (Drivers - Clean Left over Files after Uninstalling). Here do I remove ALL NVIDIA files ? (I am not with machine - but I recall 3 Nvidia folders - Physics / Chipset / display ?).

And is there a simple guide to installation of the replacement Nvidia drivers - thats do I need a clear or custom install.

Any help very much appreciate - sorry if covered elsewhere.

A:Nvidia driver update guide help

Update your Nvidia drivers and choose to do a clean install, and do not just update over your existing drivers. I am using Nvidia 314.21

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/283314-nvidia-driver-update-guide-help.html
Relevancy 61.49%

OK, for sh##s and grins I went to nvidia to check and see if there where any driver updates for my bfg nvidia 8400 gs graphics card. There was, so I went ahead and downloaded it. The download went off with out a hitch and no ill effects that I can notice as of the moment. My concern is and it's not a big one but still a concern non the less, is that when I checked my Windows Experience Index base score, it changed. Sure I was expecting it to but go up not down. All of my base scores stayed the same except my graphics score...it went from a 4.1 to 4.0. No big deal, a tenth of a point but back wards. Does any body have an idea or reason for this. I would just like some clarification on this.

The rest of my scores are as follows: 5.4, 5.9, 4.0, 4.9, 5.8 respectively.

A:bfg nvidia 8400gs driver update

First of all, I'd get a new 8800 ($90) or 9800($115), because they're not at all expensive and your pc won't be bottlenecked in such a measure.. Second of all, I wouldn't add too much importance to that WEI score.. I installed 1 more gig of RAM not so long ago, better one then the one I already had and my WEI went down as well..:s

Amplid

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/209866-bfg-nvidia-8400gs-driver-update.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hello all,

I'm having an issue with windows update. I have an Nvidia driver for my GTX275 that keeps failing to update. This has stopped all other pending updates. I have since disabled Windows from getting driver updates but I can't figure out how to get Windows to ignore the current Nvidia driver update that's trying to install. This is of course still preventing me from getting updates currently.

I wanted to keep my post short and sweet, if more info is need please feel free to ask. Also I already have a decoded update log ready to go if anyone wants to see it.

Thank you

Window 10 Build 10240

A:Nvidia Driver Fails to Update

Originally Posted by Teilani

Hello all,

I'm having an issue with windows update. I have an Nvidia driver for my GTX275 that keeps failing to update. This has stopped all other pending updates. I have since disabled Windows from getting driver updates but I can't figure out how to get Windows to ignore the current Nvidia driver update that's trying to install. This is of course still preventing me from getting updates currently.

I wanted to keep my post short and sweet, if more info is need please feel free to ask. Also I already have a decoded update log ready to go if anyone wants to see it.

Thank you

Window 10 Build 10240

Hi,
Microsoft has released a tool that hides an update in case if it fails or giving you troubles.
Download it here:
Download Windows 10 Updates Troubleshooter Tool from Microsoft
let us know how it goes, feel free for any other assistance

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/35802-nvidia-driver-fails-update.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi to whoever is reading this. I need help.

I recently just downloaded the Planet Coaster Alpha game and tried opening it. Unfortunately, this message popped up:
"No suitable 3D graphics adapter is available.
Please check that you have a DirectX11 compatible graphics card with suitable drivers installed."

I tried downloading the latest nvidia drivers but the screen resolution doesn't seem to be right because
nvidia control panel didn't install together with the driver. When I fix the screen resolution, the driver goes back to the version it was before the download. I can't seem to update my display driver. Please help!

btw my display driver right now is nvidia geforce 7100 / nforce 630i... thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-update-latest-nvidia-driver.1170673/
Relevancy 61.49%

So I am trying to update my driver I have the NVIDIA GeForce 9800M GT in my alienware laptop. I go to the website and let it scan my computer and find the latest update and then download and install it. I restart my computer and when it reboots it runs fine for about 2 minutes and then it just freaks out! it goes black and then flickers and then changes resolution and then just goes insane until I force a shutdown. So I rolled the driver back but I was wondering if anyone knows what went wrong and how I can update my driver the right way next time. Any help would be appreciated

A:Problem with Nvidia driver update please help

You might try uninstalling the driver, then using DriverSweeper to remove any remnants before you try to reinstall..

Someone else might have additional suggestions, but if the problem remains can't help but wonder if the video card itself may have gone bad

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-with-nvidia-driver-update-please-help.149544/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi,

About last week I update my graphic card driver (nvidia geforce go 7150m/630m) from ver 7.15.11.5665 to 7.15.11.7991 using updating function in Device Management. The update when smoothly and I thought at first that it's successfull since I did not receive any error messag and in Device management list the new ver. as 7.15.11.7991. However, after that I got some conflicts in driver and it somehow affects my cdrom drive as it's now no longer start when turn on the laptop unless restart immediately.

I went to the regedit and see in the installer folder of nvidia, the install regitry listed as "failure" and the version is still listed as the old one (7.15.11.5665). Is there any way to correct this?

BTW, my OS is window vista home premium 32-bit.

A:nvidia driver update failed

Welcome
If you have the new driver and are having problems, go back to device manager and roll back to the old driver. What you are experiencing is a common problem. Many here feel it is best not to upadate unless you are having problems.

Edit: Better to roll back with a system restore.
System Restore - How to

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/295463-nvidia-driver-update-failed.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi to whoever is reading this. I need help.

I recently just downloaded the Planet Coaster Alpha game and tried opening it. Unfortunately, this message popped up:
"No suitable 3D graphics adapter is available.
Please check that you have a DirectX11 compatible graphics card with suitable drivers installed."

I tried downloading the latest nvidia drivers but the screen resolution doesn't seem to be right because
nvidia control panel didn't install together with the driver. When I fix the screen resolution, the driver goes back to the version it was before the download. I can't seem to update my display driver. Please help!

btw my display driver right now is nvidia geforce 7100 / nforce 630i... thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nvidia-driver-update-problem.1170673/
Relevancy 61.49%

i keep getting this error every time i try to update my graphics card driver.

Here is a screen shot of the problem -

Most/all information is in the SS , I have a HP laptop windows 7 32 bit and i do windows updates when there available. And i got bitdefender total security 2010 as a security software.

[Any help will be thanked heavily and very appreciated , and I'm pretty sure i posted in the correct section.]
EDIT: hehe fixed , i did windows update and restored the hidden update and installed it from there (it didn't work before with this method , but magically worked now) , Thanks anyway guys.

A:[Help] NVIDIA Driver Update Error

Glad to know you figured it out. Thnaks for posting how. Fabe

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/38533-help-nvidia-driver-update-error.html
Relevancy 60.63%

I have an HP DV8T entertainment laptop with an Nvidia GeForce GT 230M. The current driver is version 267.67. The latest from Nvidia is 280.26.

When I install 280.26, everything appears to go great...until I re-boot. I get the boot screen with the windows logo and the swirly dots. After that, nothing. Just a black screen with the cooling fans screaming.

I tried to uninstall the current 267.67 driver and then install the 280.26 version but I get a pop-up that says "No compatible device found." I also tried to "Uninstall current driver" from the custom install menu on the Nvidia installer. Again, everything appeared to go well until re-boot. Logo, swirly dots...black screen.

Thank goodness for the ability to create system restore points or I could possibly be re-installing Windows.

Any insight as to why I am unable to successfully update this driver?

A:Black Screen After Nvidia Driver Update

Usually, you will want to do a clean installation. Sometimes going from one version of driver to another might cause some issues.

Who manufactured your card? In some cases, specific manufactures 'tweak' their cards and sometimes the reference drivers are not recommended, but to use the manufacturer's drivers. But one thing you might want to also consider is a driver cleaner after you uninstall the current driver you are running with.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/183764-black-screen-after-nvidia-driver-update.html
Relevancy 60.63%

I pride myself in researching and figure things out but just can't get this one.
I know I have the most recent NVidia driver from their website. My video is gone.
I also know all about the show/hide "troubleshooter" (should be called fix a bad MS decision shooter)...anyway, it works fine with several items. However the Nvidia driver update does not show on the list of items in the troubleshooter it can hide!
So, it keeps showing up with the updates that I DO WANT to download.

Even stranger, some updates showed in the troubleshooter that were not showing in my windows update dialog.

But anyway, the real issue is that I need to hide that Nvidia driver. Any suggestions?

This is a little crazy. I might be okay with OS updates being pushed more but NOT drivers.

Thanks,
BJB

A:KB3073930 will not hide Nvidia driver update

@BJB

What is your update scheme, did you turn off Auto Update? See my settings below:

Windows Update settings

When Windows Update alerts me that there are updates avaliable, I select carefully what updates to install. When a MicroSoft WDDM NVIDIA driver is presented, I hide it.

Cheers

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/31033-kb3073930-will-not-hide-nvidia-driver-update.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Whenever I update to the latest Nvidia Driver I'm given the following custom install options:
1) graphics driver
2) 3d vision controller+driver
3) hd audio driver
4) .net framework
5) Nvidia GeForce Experience
6) Physx System Software

1 of course is chosen by default. What about the other options? Can I not choose any of them? Or are any of those essential? Thanks.

A:Nvidia GeForce Driver Update Options?

2. Only needed if you have a 3D monitor connected to your graphics card
3. Only needed if you use audio through your monitor
4. IIRC, needed for the nVidia control panel, but if you already have it installed you can generally leave it unticked.
5. In my opinion, just bloatware. If you're a serious gamer, you won't want to trust nx's chosen settings. More info here.. GeForce Experience Tweaks your Game Settings Automatically | GeForce
6. If you play games, this improves your gaming experience, but not essential. You can find more information here..
https://developer.nvidia.com/physx-games
hth
Tanya

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/310072-nvidia-geforce-driver-update-options.html
Relevancy 60.63%

This occured just hours after I first registered for HELP! Update! from Windows failure driver nVidia this website I have had some nVidia driver failure from Windows Update! HELP! problems with updating the drivers for my EVGA GTX SE GB and it has been giving me h ll about it Innocently just hours after I registered for this site I was going to do a Windows update as I hadn't yet done one in weeks and decided to do the optional update on Windows Pro for a new nVidia driver as I do with everything When I downloaded it installed then restarted my computer started to act kind of funny For the most part it was pristine but it started and continues to operate funny with the visual display During the second Windows loading screen the one after the glowing Windows logo the screen quickly flickers to black and back to the screen during the process It does this sometimes while I'm navigating in Windows as well using some programs albeit somewhat infrequently The driver update screwed up my desktop display immensely as it is now When I originally installed the nVidia driver from the EVGA cards software CD I noticed the picture quality and resolution jumped up immensely and added higher resolutions to my desktop settings Icons got immensely smaller more windows with smaller text could fit on the screen the cursor was half the size about and my start menu and bar with it's icons shrunk down a bit smaller too That was the healthy behavior Now when I did this Windows Update for the nVidia display driver it messed everything up to what it is now Everything is blown up in size And when I tried to uninstall all the nVidia software restarting and then installing it again using the latest driver download off of nVidia's website the same stuff I can see the uninstallation of the driver causes it to revert to I take it some default Windows visual driver lowering the max desktop resolutions and that reinstalling the driver off of the website does indeed add the higher resolutions and the visual appearance does change where the cursor icons etc aren't as pixelated but everything is still oversized instead of shrunken down like as is normal It says my desktop is at x as the monitor is and what stuff on my desktop has on it looks more high-definition but the actual size of icons cursor etc almost suggest like it's running on a lower resolution As I tried to reinstall the driver from the website and it didn't do much to change the problem I tried instead to use the CD again and it's giving me h ll about it I even went so far as to uninstall it through both normal and safe mode boots and do a Norton Utilities scan to scan for junk files and registry entries as well as try some driver cleaner software to get rid of excess stuff that may not have been gotten rid of and then use the EVGA driver CD But the driver CD will show up the autorun window but then when I try to install the drivers it gives me an error message saying quot Access denied quot Why is it doing that And I know fully well it's the Windows Update of the nVidia driver that is doing this because it did it just after I installed it It screwed things up BAD and will not do something so stupid as taking their nVidia updates from this point on but the question still remains How do I get the d mn drivers to work PROPERLY How do I get the visual display to be FULLY WORKING It's starting to really tick me off

A:nVidia driver failure from Windows Update! HELP!

Remove the Nvidia driver and use Driver sweeper to remove leftover Nvidia driver files
Then reinstall the Nvidia driver

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/167608-nvidia-driver-failure-windows-update-help.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi, I have an Inspiron 17R SE (7220) which just had an automatic Windows 10 (anniversary) update. After this the Nvidia graphics driver for the GT 650M GPU no longer worked. Attempting to reinstall the driver either from the Dell or Nvidia sites always failed. It took me 1h to work out that I had to switch off the Anti-Virus (Comodo) FIRST before attempting the driver update. Note that this latest W10 update also deactivates anything MS doesn't like, e.g., Classic Menu, etc., so you may have a few reinstalls & updates to do after the many reboots. Another "triumph"for MickeySoft.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19988412
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi. We are having this issue on W7 x86 Ultimate with an Asus M2N-VM DH mobo, which has an NVIDIA GeForce 6150 SE / nForce 430 GPU. If we leave the default driver that Windows installs, we can use Media Center full screen, BUT we can't run the native resolution of the monitor, which is an LG L245WP-BN. When we try to run the install disk supplied with the mobo, which supposedly contains Vista drivers, we get an error saying they "can't be installed on this operating system."
We've been able to install nVidia drivers from other sources, but with *all* the ones we've tried so far, including the 275.33 mentioned here, we get a black screen (with sound) when Media Center is in full-screen mode.
Previously we were running XP MCE and had no such problem.
Any help would be appreciated.

A:Black Screen After Nvidia Driver Update

Hi Lestrad. This thread is old and I am now using the 295.73 driver from Feb 2012. did you try using Driver sweep I linked to in previous post, reboot and install a newer driver. Download the driver first, Run Sweeper, go to Device manager and click your display adapter.
In the driver tab, Update or install driver and choose browse my computer and point to the driver folder you downloaded. This will install the driver only and not the rest of nVIDIA bloat.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/248848-black-screen-after-nvidia-driver-update.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi guys, I would just like to ask, will I get any performance improvements if I update my driver to the newest 347.25? Is it necessary for me to update my driver? It lists support for Dying Light however, I do not play this title and I only run old games such as COD: Modern Warfare 3 and Ghost Recon Phantoms. Furthermore, I'm afraid I might do more harm than good, as the saying goes, "If it ain't broke don't fix it". Btw, my current driver is 344.75 Thanks

A:Nvidia Driver Update 347.25 WHQL for GT 740M

You could update it & see what happens.

You can always roll back to the old driver if you want to.

Somebody else may chip in & add their opinion.

edit--- I keep a Macrium image of my system so I feel safe to experiment. Backup Backup Backup

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/61345-nvidia-driver-update-347-25-whql-gt-740m.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi all: Yoga 710-15ISK here. Had no issues running and updating both the Nvidia GPU and the integrated Intel card until recently when Nvidia required me to install the newest version of the GeForce Experience. GE failed to install and drivers downloaded directly from the Nvidia site are failing to install as well. Any ideas/tips on how to get the newest Nvidia drivers/GeForce Experience installed? Thanks 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Yoga-Series-Notebooks/Yoga-710-Nvidia-Driver-Update-Issue/td-p/3463270
Relevancy 60.63%

I have Windows 10 Pro, Version 1511. I've not updated to Version 1607 because of FUD regarding the NVIDIA drivers. Starting a couple of days ago, just after a Windows update, I have a 1511 problem: when I boot up, the displays (I have 4) blink at seemingly random times, and also power on and off at strange times. I wait but never see Windows fully loaded.

I read somewhere that F5 was the key to use to go into safe mode (I remain unsure about the veracity of that claim). But, in desperation, I tried the F5 key: it didn't appear to go into safe mode, and booted up normally, giving me a clean system.

I suspect this is a device driver problem: should I go to NVIDIA's website and just download the latest device driver? I've had NVIDIA problems on various platforms starting about six months before the original RTM release, and all three of my Windows 10 platforms have NVIDIA display adapters.

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/69460-bad-version-1511-nvidia-driver-update.html
Relevancy 60.63%

NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GS

I must tell everyone that I successfully installed an “optional” Windows Update on 08/14/07 entitled “NVIDIA Driver Update for NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GS” and it made quite a difference to my Television viewing through the Windows Media Center. The colors are much more alive and I’m very pleased. I’m sure it improved the overall performance of my graphics, monitor etc.

Anyone using this particular graphics card SHOULD consider this update.

Windows Vista Home Premium
64-bit Operating System
I.E. 7 (32-bit and 64-bit)
Gateway FX510S
Intel(R) Pentium® D 950 CPU 3.40GHz
800 MHz FSB, 2x2MB cache non-HT EM64T
Intel (Watsonville 2) 975x Motherboard
BIOS WT97510J.15A.2039.2006.0825.0358
600-Watt power supply
4093 MB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GS Graphics Card

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nvidia-geforce-7600-gs-driver-update.611740/
Relevancy 60.63%

Hello, why I can't update my Nvidia GeForce GT630M driver?
I using Window 7 Home Premium Service pack 1, downloaded latest update installer from nvidia official website.

A:I cannot update my Nvidia GeForce GT630M driver

Just personally speaking, I think you will gain more information by providing a little bit more of your own! When you say that "you can't update your Nvidia driver or drivers", what does that mean? At which point in this process do things go south? Are you using a means of manual installation or are you utilizing Nvidia's auto detect feature? Does the update at least start to begin processing the information into your system, then gets hung up some where? Will the file not even begin the installation process at all?

Maybe hunting down a driver from some where else other than the Nvidia web site may work for you! It's rare, but sometimes reported, that people's anti-virus programs can sometimes undermine this process. Next time you try to do this, do so without your virus protector on, temp disable it and try again.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-cannot-update-my-nvidia-geforce-gt630m-driver.182844/
Relevancy 60.63%

I have been on the WHQL driver for a while without issue Recently I have attempted to update to the installation of and drivers The installation goes without incident update nVidia problem GeForce driver but the next time I start my machine it hangs on the Windows boot logo This occurs when it cycles power to the mouse nVidia GeForce driver update problem and keyboard I see the light on the mouse go out and come back on and I see the keyboard numlock light go out but it doesn't comeback on and the screen is frozen on the boot splash screen After this happens I am able to boot into Safe Mode and from there revert to the previous version of the driver Once I do that I can boot into Windows again I have tried to install the new drivers many times and also with a clean install but I always have the same issue I have also tried returning all settings to stock in BIOS and Afterburner but the result is the same My BIOS Windows installation and all other drivers are fully up to date Because I am apparently in a small minority with this issue I believe that my Windows installation is somehow corrupted In order to test that theory I have run chkdsk and sfc scannow However the results of those tests nVidia GeForce driver update problem always show no errors no integrity violations I went so far as to attempt an in-place upgrade of my Windows installation That fails at the last step where it is transferring programs and settings Each time I have tried my screen suddenly goes black with just a cursor blinking in the upper left hand corner The hard drive light remains on for a while after that but eventually goes out And when I reset the machine after that it boots into a rollback that says my upgrade failed I am trying to avoid doing nVidia GeForce driver update problem a clean install of Windows I have a lot of software installed and configured as I like etc But I'm worried that there is no real alternative at this point I could apparently continue using my machine as-is without the ability to update my nVidia drivers but I don't see that as a good long-term solution either At this point I'd appreciate any thoughts suggestions Thanks My system specs are as follows ASUS Rampage IV Extreme Intel K clocked to GHz Vcore V GB Corsair Dominator Platinum at stock MHz Corsair AX Power Supply Planar PX MW monitor x LSI - i RAID card Creative X-Fi Titanium HD x GTX in SLI x Intel SSDs GB Western Digital Velociraptor LG Blu-ray burner Liteon DVD burner Windows x

A:nVidia GeForce driver update problem

I use the 335.23 on a Asus GTX-77O O/C and it works well.

You have in post #1 stated the 335.23 works well on your system.

Quote:
I have been on the 335.23 WHQL driver for a while without issue.

I'm not understanding why you are try to update the driver when you are having no problems with 335.23.

Just because their are new drivers doesn't mean you need them.
Seems you have already proven that.

You say you don't want to do another install. That's good.
Just use the nVidia driver that has been working 335.23 and leave well enough alone.

If you still have a urge to update the drivers read this tutorial by essenbe.

NVIDIA Drivers - Avoid Problems

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/340005-nvidia-geforce-driver-update-problem.html
Relevancy 60.63%

I have a "GeForce FX 5200 Ultra".
My problem is two fold.....

First: a "blurry" screen at first "cold" boot..... Looks all pixelated, (like blurry), but only at a first boot. If say the comp has been off for several hours or over night..... wait for about 5 min and reboot all is fine, just annoying to reboot is all.

Second: Major issue.... I want to update my drivers, BUT, when I go to newer drivers my graphically intense games seem to "studder" or "skip".

I have driver version 4.3.5.1 the newest I just tried is 6.1.7.7 also tried 5.6.6.4 and 5.3.0.3 <---same results ,fixes the boot thing (see above) but the games suffer.
I gave "Need for Speed Underground" a test and it would "skip/ jump", very quickly, (very annoying)

Relevancy 60.63%

I have an Nvidia Quadro card on my computer. Till now, to update the driver, I would always uninstall the old drivers
from windows add/remove programs and then after a reboot install the new drivers. I would also use driver sweeper
to remove the remaining files and entries.

But now when I remove the driver, on next boot, there is a black screen and can't log into windows! I even tried to change
the driver from quadro to "Microsoft basic Display Driver" that works while I am still in windows. But after reboot same
problem accrues!

Wanted to know if anyone else is having the same problem? What's the best way to update the Nvidia drivers?

Also did you realize that after updating Nvidia drivers, windows system files get corrupt?
I have to run sfc /scannow to fix ! I also wonder why this happen ?

A:Windows 10 and manual Nvidia Driver Update!

It sounds like there could be another underlying issue, but have you ever tried removing the drivers in Safe Mode first? I usually do that, then reboot and run CCleaner. I'll reboot once more and then install the Nvidia drivers.

http://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/34043-windows-10-manual-nvidia-driver-update.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi I have an mx mb video card here are my system specs amd xp processor overclocked - but cooling is fine - under C gb rpm maaxtor hard drive mb pc ddr ram cdrw drive dvd rom drive WINDOWS XP PRO SP a here is my problem i installed GTA went to play it and the monitor is displaying an image that is very very wavy and messed up I can tell it is GTA barely but the image is all very very wavy and i have no clue why I recently upgraded my motherboard and cpu this motherboard is NFORCE chipset but NOT using onboard video So NVIDIA driver problem MX440 update do I update the driver from NVIDIA for graphic driver or do i update the nforce I thought I needed to update the nvidia graphic driver even though the current date is march so i got to graphic drivers -- gt geforce-- gt windows XP I turn of antivirus run it and it says it is NOT DIGITALLY SIGNED for XP WHAT THE HECK So i stopped the installation What is the NVIDIA MX440 driver update problem proper way to update a driver anyway GTA is not the only game ive noticed problems in when i play warcraft the image is split in two - just really weird stuff happening I also switched monitors recently and warcraft was working fine on the other one hadn t tried GTA on the other one just want to get this fixed nbsp

A:NVIDIA MX440 driver update problem

Ignore the Digitally signed message. Try it without the overclocking and see if it goes away.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nvidia-mx440-driver-update-problem.258217/
Relevancy 60.63%

I recently (re)installed a GTX260 video card in my system and loaded the nVidia 195.62 driver package. I then went into The Windows Experience and refreshed. Video scores were 7.2 - nice.
After that I noticed that there was a newer nVidia driver out - 196.21. I installed that. I then noticed in System Properties the note that I had installed new hardware and should refresh The Windows Experience. Did that. Now my video score is 7.0!
What!?

Just now I see that we have 196.34 - bug fix for overclocking GPU. Which I don't do (manually). Any relationship to above?

A:nVidia Driver Update & the Windows Experience

About right. Catalyst 10.1 drivers lowered my Vantage score by a bit less than 500 marks.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/62442-nvidia-driver-update-windows-experience.html
Relevancy 60.63%

I have a samsung 300V laptop with
Windows 7 home premium 64 bit
Intel core i7
8 gb ram
NVIDIA gt 520MX graphic card
When I tried to update my NVIDIA driver it installs perfectly and it prompts me to restart the laptop. When I restart the windows logo appears and then the startup repair screen appears showing something about hardware changes and I have to restore my computer.
I really want to update my driver to play new games. Please help.

P.S. There is something called NVIDIA Optimus on my PC.

A:Computer crashes after NVIDIA driver update

Hi rithvik, Welcome to Sevenforums.

First off uninstall the drivers that are installed for your Nvidia card. Also, please update your system specs. After uninstalling the drivers, clean bits of old driver with Driversweeper. After that do a clean installation of the drivers.
Sometimes, installing the drivers over the other can cause system crashes.

Keep us posted.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/313308-computer-crashes-after-nvidia-driver-update.html
Relevancy 60.63%

I checked for readiness to install Windows 10, received message that my video card will not support Windows 10. I get the following message "NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M, Your display will not work".  I checked the device mangaer for the associated driver and it says it is up to date, (but the date is something in 2012). I have auto update on for all the HP drivers  and WIndow updates so they should all be current.  Did a manual check today and it said all current.Does HP have an update for this video card so I can use Windows 10?

A:nvidia 540m driver update windows 10

Hi, Your Omni has not been certified for Windows 10 by HP.  Do you see any other issues in Device Manager? This NVIDIA driver may work. Take a restore point before you install the driver.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/nvidia-540m-driver-update-windows-10/td-p/5159846
Relevancy 60.63%

Hello Everyone I m after Black Update Driver Screen NVIDIA Coal and a friend of mine Black Screen after NVIDIA Driver Update has suggested i post my problem on this website after we both came up with nothing despite working on it half a day Two days ago i updated my NVIDIA Drivers to the latest http www nvidia com object notebook-win -winvista- bit- -whql-driver html Half way through the installation process the computer screen turned black Now i didn t think much of it at first and i had to go on my afternoon exercise so i left it there A few hours later when i came back my screen was still black so i shut my computer down with the power button and restarted it Everything was working fine the rest of the day I shut down the computer when i was about to go to sleep i did see the computer installing Black Screen after NVIDIA Driver Update a windows update on shutdown but again thought nothing of it and went to sleep The next day after i entered my password and logged on the computer showed my desktop at a very low resolution for about half a second and then the screen went black Several restarts later and nothing had changed I tried a few suggested options i got from searching around on my old laptop but none of them worked So i Black Screen after NVIDIA Driver Update booted into safemode and did a system restore Everything worked fine from then on like nothing had changed I noticed that the restore point was set before a quot Critical Update quot and thought it was mentioned the windows update So i set windows update to not update unless i told it to Today however The same thing happened When i logged in i got a glimpse of a poor resolutioned desktop and then everything went black I tried system restoring twice before the restore point itself disappeared no change I booted up in safe mode and uninstalled my visual driver what i now think is causing the problem I can now boot normally fine so long as i don t have a visual driver installed However immediately after i log in the computer auto-installs the quot latest quot visual driver and asks me to restart to finish the installation i can choose restart later keeping me here Restarting will just give me the black screen again Even if i unplug the cable disable wireless which i don t even have No matter what i do it automatically installs a driver leaving my plan of installing an older version crushed If anyone would be able to help i promise lots of hugs and kisses

A:Black Screen after NVIDIA Driver Update

Did you try installing drivers in safe mode? Use previous or beta driver if you do.
http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/454921/black-screen-after-nvidia-driver-update/
Relevancy 60.63%

I have an HP Pavillion zd7000 laptop (winXP) that has a Nvidia Geforce Fx Go5700 gpu. I would like to update the drivers for my gpu because Im having troubles with a game Im playing and I suspect that its the driver that needs updating.

Well, I went to nvidia.com and downloaded the drivers but when I start the setup i get the following error:

The NVIDIA Setup program could not locate any drivers that are compatible with your current hardware. Setup will now exit.

I thought I might have downloaded the wrong version of the driver, so i went back to the website and tried other drivers from the software download page. I tried:

1. Geforce Go 7800 GTX for winXP
and
2. Geforce and TNT for winXP

I get the same error from both.

How can I update the driver for my video card? What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Relevancy 60.63%

Hi,

Not sure where to post this thread so I will start here. I loaded Call of Duty World at War game on my PC. The action was very slow so I updated the NVIDIA GeForce 7100/NVIDIA nForce 630i driver to the latest version. This did not improve the games performance and now the font on every program I run is faded and blurred. I tried adjusting settings in Windows Color and Appearance as suggested on other forums to no avail. Can someone point me in the right direction to resolve this? This is my wife's PC and she is not amused.

Thanks,
Don

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/206402-font-problems-after-nvidia-driver-update.html
Relevancy 60.63%

I have a samsung 300V laptop with
Windows 7 home premium 64 bit
Intel core i7
8 gb ram
NVIDIA gt 520MX graphic card
When I tried to update my NVIDIA driver it installs perfectly and it prompts me to restart the laptop. When I restart the windows logo appears and then the startup repair screen appears showing something about hardware changes and I have to restore my computer.
I really want to update my driver to play new games. Please help.

P.S. There is something called NVIDIA Optimus on my PC.

A:Computer crashes after NVIDIA driver update

Not sure which update you're talking about but I had issues with the newest one myself. I just rolled back to the old driver and my issue's evaporated. I don't see how Optimus would have anything to do with your problems but its possible I suppose. Your card SHOULD play most if not all the newer games anyway. My Geforce GTX 560M does just fine with most games.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/313329-computer-crashes-after-nvidia-driver-update.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi, I have just updated my Graphics driver to the latest v260.89 and then refreshed my WEI now my gaming graphics was at low 5.2 now after bieng refreshed it is now at 5.1

I dont believe it.... just re ran the WEI and now gaming graphics droped another point to 5.0

whats happening?

A:NVIDIA DRIVER UPDATE/ v260.89 - WEI score?

Isn't the v260.89 the beta version. Betas are under testing and aren't always stable.

I would roll it back to the proven WHQL version.
I would get it direct from graphics card manufacturer.

You can find it below as a second choice.
Drivers - Download NVIDIA Drivers

Mike

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/119260-nvidia-driver-update-v260-89-wei-score.html
Relevancy 60.2%

I have gone to cmd and checked disk, also I checked ram until four windows of 2047mb were up to 30% with 0 erros and the bsod in safemode network. I went on safemode and the ntoskrnl.exe BSOD'd my safemode w/ network. I have attached my DUMP files so that you experts can analyze it with your godly knowledge about computing software. I bow to you, please hgelp me.

sorry its a little unorganized but im a little sad about this and my feelings wont let me think straight. Please help me, my ssd is good 100% empty of erros from chkdsk thingy. I love you please help me.

EDIT: FORGOT TO UPLOAD DUMP FILES HERE THEY ARE

EDIT: DUMP FILES CANNOT BE UPLOADED WITHOUT PERMISSION, TRIED TO ZIP THEM BUT STILL, NEED PERMISSION I SUCK HERE IS A SCREEN SHOT OF THE THING

A:BSOD caused by driver ntoskrnl.exe

let me know what you guys think okay? I will be up all night waiting for a reply or two. Maybe more if I'm lucky, I am alwayts one of the last oens to receieve replies so I guess I will be patient.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/308607-bsod-caused-driver-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 60.2%

I've tried using Bluescreenview to try and solve this issue on my own but haven't been able to. I've had a BSOD from this driver about 6 times in the past month. Sometimes while playing games or just browsing the internet. I hope I have provided all the information, if not please let me know. 022114 is the most recent BSOD dmp file.

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff800033a1c83, fffff88009e3b980, 0}

Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiSectionDelete+3f )

---------

* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck A, {fffffa802480c010, 2, 1, fffff80003134cb6}

Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiReleaseConfirmedPageFileSpace+86 )

---------
Take memtest. Run for 8 passes and test each stick in a know good slot for an additional 6 passes.

Quote:
The goal is to test all the RAM sticks and all the motherboard slots.

Check your motherboard manual to ensure the RAM sticks are in the recommended motherboard slots. Some motherboards have very specific slots required for the number of RAM sticks installed.

If you get errors, stop the test and continue with the next step.

1. Remove all but one stick of RAM from your computer (this will be RAM stick #1), and run Memtest86 again, for 7 passes.*Be sure to note the RAM stick, use a piece of tape with a number, and note the motherboard slot.
If this stick passes the test then go to step #3.

2. If RAM stick #1 has errors, repeat the test with RAM stick #2 in the same motherboard slot.*If RAM stick #2 passes, this indicates that RAM stick #1 may be bad. If you want to be absolutely sure, re-test RAM stick #1 in another known good slot.
*If RAM stick #2 has errors, this indicates another possible bad RAM stick, a possible motherboard slot failure or inadequate settings.
3. Test the next stick of RAM (stick #2) in the next motherboard slot.*If this RAM stick has errors repeat step #2 using a known good stick if possible, or another stick.
*If this RAM stick has no errors and both sticks failed in slot#1, test RAM stick #1 in this slot.
4. If you find a stick that passes the test, test it in all the other motherboard slots.

If Part 2 testing shows errors, and all tests in Part 3 show errors, you will need to test the RAM sticks in another computer and/or test other RAM in your computer to identify the problem.

In this way, you can identify whether it is a bad stick of RAM, a bad motherboard, or incompatibility between the sticks.

Information
Errors are sometimes found after 8 passes.

Tip
Do this test overnight, before going to bed.

More instructions on the way..

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/322843-bsod-caused-driver-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Having seen other help from this forum I thought I'd post my problem and see if you guys could help me out.

I just built my girlfriend's PC a few days ago, all was well but now a BSOD appears randomly, so after using BlueScreenView on the dump files it all originates from one driver.

The PC in questions specs are almost identical to my own (minus the 1TB HDD and her MOBO is the Rev 3.1 version of the same MOBO).

I've attached a copy of the dump files to this post if that helps anyone.
I've already tried chkdsk which gave no errors.

Thanks in advance

A:BSOD Caused by Driver ntoskrnl.exe

Sorry to hear about the BSODs. Please follow the instructions below:

http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/206700-bsod-caused-driver-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Good Day!

Please is there anyone who can help solve this problem?
My computer is automatically shut down and after starting im seeing report

Bug Check Code : 0x00000124
Parameter 1 : 00000000`00000000
Parameter 2 : fffffa80`083688f8
Parameter 3 : 00000000`00000000
Parameter 4 : 00000000`00000000
Caused By Driver : ntoskrnl.exe
Caused By Address : ntoskrnl.exe+4b2aec
File Description : NT Kernel & System

Motherboard:GA-F2A55M-Ds2 (rev.3) fm2+/fm2
Processor: AMD KAVERI A10 7850K 3.70GHZ
RAM: HYPER X FURY 8GB (2X4) 1866MHZ
GRAPHICS CARD: RADEON R7 250 1GB GDDR5 WITH BOOST
PSU: POWER FUL 600W
Drivers:all are updated
(Dual Graphics Enabled)

I've already run:
memtest86 test 13 no errors
sfc /scannow
chkdsk
malwarebytes scan

DM log collector
Attachment 365283
dmp file
Attachment 365285

A:BSOD Caused By Driver : ntoskrnl.exe

Please help
Thank you

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/375004-bsod-caused-driver-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 60.2%

I have had my computer BSOD twice in the past couple of days for seemingly no reason at random times.
My computer temps are all bellow 40c after reboot and I have nothing overclocked.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/385915-bsod-caused-driver-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 60.2%

This is my crash dump Code ntoskrnl.exe BSOD driver caused by Dump File - - dmp Crash Time Bug Check String MEMORY MANAGEMENT Bug Check Code x a Parameter Parameter fffffa f f Parameter ffff BSOD caused by driver ntoskrnl.exe Parameter Caused By Driver ntoskrnl exe Caused By Address ntoskrnl exe c File Description NT Kernel amp System Product Name Microsoft Windows Operating System Company Microsoft Corporation File Version win gdr - Processor x Crash Address ntoskrnl exe c Stack Address Stack Address Stack Address Computer Name Full Path C Windows Minidump - - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File Size It only started happening yesterday I used Uniblue DriverScanner to find a sound driver for my sound card so that I didn t have to open up my PC and check the serial number DriverScanner found a few other drivers as well which I installed After a reboot my PC was fine for a while until I started to play games when I play games I almost always get this BSOD perhaps because they are RAM intensive I went to restore my drivers but DriverScanner had not made any restore points even though it said it was doing so during the installation of the new drivers It s the first time I have used software to download and install my drivers and I won t be using it again I am wondering whether to try a system restore but if anybody else has had this problem then your input would be greatly appreciated Code Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Ultimate bit Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Radeon HD Series Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC P H -M SI Antivirus avast Antivirus Updated and Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 60.2%

Hello,
I recently bought a computer but I'm having some problems I get the BSOD randomly: surfing on internet, watching movies etc...And it can be 10 mins after boot or 2 hours. And its like 1 minute before the computer crashes internet explorer doesn't reply and google chrome either.

Heres my config

AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition
AMD Radeon HD 6770
Gigabyte GA-870A-UD3
G skill DIMM DDR3 4096 Mo
Seagate Barracuda 7000.12 SATA 3 - 1000 Go
with windows 7 home premium 64 bits

hope you can help

greetings
Ferrageo

oh and sorry for the french health thing

A:BSOD driver ntoskrnl.exe error

Hi ferrageo and welcome to SF!
Virtually every one of your crashes comes with a different error code (some blame a damaged file system, some go more towards defective drivers and/or hardware)
So let's start with this:
Take back any form of overclocking that might have been applied. Easiest way: reboot, go into the BIOS and load safe defaults settings.
Next important point is this:
Learn how to install Windows 7 Service Pack 1 &#40;SP1&#41;
As for your RAM, test it after this tut:
Next the file system:
Run a chkdsk /r after this tut:
Disk Check

If the file corruption becomes more frequently still, you should check your harddrive with the appr. program
Seagate

Western Digital

Samsung

Please report back with your findings

-DG

Code:
Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.11.0001.404 X86
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\David\Desktop\ferrageo\091711-24913-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

Symbol search path is: SRV*c:\symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7600 MP (4 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS Personal
Built by: 7600.16841.amd64fre.win7_gdr.110622-1503
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`02a1f000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`02c5ce70
Debug session time: Sat Sep 17 07:46:39.754 2011 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:31:14.128
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 7F, {8, 80050031, 6f8, fffff80002a8d550}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KiDoubleFaultAbort+b2 )

---------

0: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP (7f)
This means a trap occurred in kernel mode, and it's a trap of a kind
that the kernel isn't allowed to have/catch (bound trap) or that
is always instant death (double fault). The first number in the
bugcheck params is the number of the trap (8 = double fault, etc)
Consult an Intel x86 family manual to learn more about what these
traps are. Here is a *portion* of those codes:
If kv shows a taskGate
use .tss on the part before the colon, then kv.
Else if kv shows a trapframe
use .trap on that value
Else
.trap on the appropriate frame will show where the trap was taken
(on x86, this will be the ebp that goes with the procedure KiTrap)
Endif
kb will then show the corrected stack.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000008, EXCEPTION_DOUBLE_FAULT
Arg2: 0000000080050031
Arg3: 00000000000006f8
Arg4: fffff80002a8d550

Debugging Details:
------------------
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x7f_8

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT

PROCESS_NAME: TrustedInstall

CURRENT_IRQL: 2

TRAP_FRAME: fffff6fb7d9ffed0 -- (.trap 0xfffff6fb7d9ffed0)
Unable to read trap frame at fffff6fb`7d9ffed0

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from fffff80002a8eb29 to fffff80002a8f5c0

STACK_TEX... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/187192-bsod-driver-ntoskrnl-exe-error.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hello I'm writing this post in order to ask your help regarding a BSOD thas has been happening in my computer in the last week I've seen the information with the program Bluescreenview by BSOD ntoskrnl.exe caused driver and I can post the information Code LAST ONE Dump File - - dmp Crash Time - - Bug Check String IRQL GT ZERO AT SYSTEM SERVICE Bug Check Code x a Parameter d a Parameter Parameter Parameter fffff b aca Caused By Driver ntoskrnl exe Caused By Address ntoskrnl exe bc File Description NT Kernel amp System Product Name Microsoft Windows Operating System Company Microsoft Corporation File Version win sp gdr - Processor x Crash Address ntoskrnl exe bc Stack BSOD caused by driver ntoskrnl.exe Address Stack Address Stack Address Computer Name Full Path C Windows Minidump - - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File Size Dump File Time - - BEFORE Dump File - - dmp Crash Time - - Bug Check String IRQL GT ZERO AT SYSTEM SERVICE Bug Check Code x a Parameter f a Parameter Parameter Parameter fffff babca BSOD caused by driver ntoskrnl.exe Caused By Driver ntoskrnl exe Caused By Address ntoskrnl exe BSOD caused by driver ntoskrnl.exe bc File Description NT Kernel amp System Product Name Microsoft Windows Operating System Company Microsoft Corporation File Version win sp gdr - Processor x Crash Address ntoskrnl exe bc Stack Address Stack Address Stack Address Computer Name Full Path C Windows Minidump - - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File Size Dump File Time - - BEFORE Dump File - - dmp Crash Time - - Bug Check String PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA Bug Check Code x Parameter fffff a e Parameter Parameter fffff b Parameter Caused By Driver ntoskrnl exe Caused By Address ntoskrnl exe bc File Description NT Kernel amp System Product Name Microsoft Windows Operating System Company Microsoft Corporation File Version win sp gdr - Processor x Crash Address ntoskrnl exe bc Stack Address Stack Address Stack Address Computer Name Full Path C Windows Minidump - - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File Size Dump File Time - - FIRST Dump File - - dmp Crash Time - - Bug Check String BAD POOL CALLER Bug Check Code x c Parameter Parameter fffff a ed d Parameter Parameter Caused By Driver ntoskrnl exe Caused By Address ntoskrnl exe c File Description NT Kernel amp System Product Name Microsoft Windows Operating System Company Microsoft Corporation File Version win sp gdr - Processor x Crash Address ntoskrnl exe c Stack Address Stack Address Stack Address Computer Name Full Path C Windows Minidump - - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File Size Dump File Time - - Can you help me understand what is the problem and how can I correct it Thank you in advance Best regards Nuno Mateus

Hello Nuno, and welcome to Seven Forums.

Please read the instructions here: Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions, and post back with the needed information. One of our BSOD experts should be by later when able to further help.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/327123-bsod-caused-driver-ntoskrnl-exe.html