Windows Support Forum

Fresh Install - Large Windows Update Crash

Q: Fresh Install - Large Windows Update Crash

Hello all,

Installed a new motherboard and everything went well with that untill I start updating windows. Windows downlaods all the updates then does a restart and on the restart I get the blue screen of death. Please help. Many Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Fresh Install - Large Windows Update Crash

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Fresh Install - Large Windows Update Crash

Hello powerade,

► This is one, VIRTU LucidInterop WDDM Driver by LucidLogix

Code:
fffff880`04a12090 fffff880`03fd6900Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\VirtuWDDM.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for VirtuWDDM.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for VirtuWDDM.sys
VirtuWDDM+0xe900
Try to upload the driver from lucidlogix with GPU Solution.

► Intel HD Graphics Driver

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck A, {fffffa7fffffffe0, 2, 1, fffff8000316c99c}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\igdkmd64.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for igdkmd64.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for igdkmd64.sys
Probably caused by : igdkmd64.sys ( igdkmd64+a376f )

Followup: MachineOwner
Update it from http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Default.aspx.

Do the changes and let us know.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/257806-fresh-install-large-windows-update-crash.html
Relevancy 75.25%

Hello there,
I install windows 7 yesterday and i have blue screen three times already! I don't know what the problem is... I'd attach a rar file of the dmp's and if anyone understand them or know any solution, please, respond. Thank you.

A:Fresh install of windows 7 ultimate Blue Screen Crash!!

it just started a week or so ago, but ive been getting them like crazy, i wonder if other people are.....

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/66836-fresh-install-windows-7-ultimate-blue-screen-crash.html
Relevancy 75.25%

Hi all been browsing this forum for a couple days to try and fix my problem - - Fresh Install(s) Repeated Windows Corrupt/Crash/BSoD(?) 7 based off other posts but I am at a loss I ordered Windows 7 Fresh Install(s) - Corrupt/Crash/BSoD(?) - Repeated my PC online from iBuyPower March and it came pre-loaded with Windows Home Premium Windows 7 Fresh Install(s) - Corrupt/Crash/BSoD(?) - Repeated bit My PC ran error-free for months until about days ago it just would not start up It went directly to Startup Repair and would say it cannot Windows 7 Fresh Install(s) - Corrupt/Crash/BSoD(?) - Repeated fix the problem ask me to restart pc and repeat the same thing After multiple Fresh installs due to BSoDs Corrupts I am at a point where I haven't had a BSoD for a number of hours BSoD Errors Received Current Install Code KERNEL DATA INPAGE ERROR STOP error x A means that the requested page of kernel data from the paging file could not be read into memory UNMOUNTABLE BOOT VOLUME STOP error xED means that the I O subsystem attempted to mount the boot volume and it failed DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE STOP error x F means that the driver is in an inconsistent or invalid power state STATUS SYSTEM PROCESS TERMINATED STOP error xC A means that an error has occurred in a crucial user-mode subsystem Testing Scans I have run every quot Deep Scan quot and quot Fix Repair quot associated with all my system repair cleaner defrag programs listed in my attachments Memtest ran for passes complete No errors CHKDSK f r ran to completion Did not see results C Windows system gt sfc scannow Beginning system scan This process will take some time Beginning verification phase of system scan Verification complete Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations Notes My PC is AHCI compatible but in my BIOS I set storage config to Enhanced IDE and Chipset configured to IDE as well My Sound Card Sound Blaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio is connected but I am unable to install drivers from Creative com Cannot detect supported device error and the CD Drivers are wrong for Win or Device I have not installed any updates through Windows Update yet Automatic Updates Off System Specs Code - Windows -bit - Original Installed OS - OEM - Only have Reinstallation DVD - System Age Months - Fresh Install OS lt hours

A:Windows 7 Fresh Install(s) - Corrupt/Crash/BSoD(?) - Repeated

Updated Thread, hoping it's better formatted for review...

Thanks

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/166249-windows-7-fresh-install-s-corrupt-crash-bsod-repeated.html
Relevancy 73.53%

I'm currently running the initial version of Windows 10 and i'm planning to do the november upgrade release soon. However, anybody has an idea if your system will be faster when you do a clean install with the november update instead of an upgrade? (similar to the speed difference when installing the clean initial version instead of upgrading from W7)?

A:Windows 10 November update, fresh install or update

Originally Posted by moorken

I'm currently running the initial version of Windows 10 and i'm planning to do the november upgrade release soon. However, anybody has an idea if your system will be faster when you do a clean install with the november update instead of an upgrade? (similar to the speed difference when installing the clean initial version instead of upgrading from W7)?

Hi.
The difference of W7 > W10 upgrade vs. W10 clean install is substantial.
The difference of W10 10240 > W10 1511 upgrade vs. clean install is pretty negligible, IMO.

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/42721-windows-10-november-update-fresh-install-update.html
Relevancy 72.24%

I installed a fresh Windows 7 SP1 64-bit on my Dell Precision M6400 yesterday from a Dell OEM disk I've used before without any problems. At 2PM the disk was installed and I went to Update knowing there will be hundreds of Updates. All afternoon and evening it was "Checking for Updates. I left it on and went to sleep at 10PM, which is 8 hours of checking. I figured overnight it would finish.

I was wrong. Checked it at 7AM and it had turned off. Don't know why? So I put it back in the Update mode and hope it will finish today...this morning. The only change I can see after all those hours is Windows does say Activated.

This seems like a very long time. Should I reinstall Windows 7 if it doesn't update today? 

Lately on other laptops with Windows 7 the Updates have been slow, very slow. 

A:Windows 7 Fresh Install Won't Update? Help

Download the April 2016 rollup package as shown on this page. You need IE to download from the catalog. This will get you all updates and improvements since SP1. After the install make sure you have IE11 and .NET 4.61. If not you can get IE11 here and .NET 4.61 here. 

Download and install the June 2016 rollup. Make sure you have the prerequisite KB3020369 as shown on the page. 

Reboot after each and install. Then check again for any upadates.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/619786/windows-7-fresh-install-wont-update-help/
Relevancy 71.81%

Hey guys I've had my computer running flawlessly for a year now Recently I bought a external hard fresh BSOD and HELP install windows update! after drive for school computer repair class In class we installed windows and ubuntu as partitons BSOD after fresh install and windows update! HELP on the external hard drive I brought it home yesterday and unplugged the esata cord from my Primary SSD into my external hard drive with ubuntu on it and tried to boot from the external instead of my primary SSD I went into the bios also to make sure the computer was reading the new hard drive as the primary and was in priority The boot manager came up asking which version of Ubunto i would like to load this is all normal It started doing the postcheck I think this is what its called Its where the list of drivers are being collected before ubunto loads kind of like running windows in safemode and watching the devices load before windows boots up After the list of drivers were loaded my screen goes completly black and my monitor comes up saying no input signal I figured this was a driver problem as ubuntu was installed on my external hard drive using my school computer So I tried to restart the computer in windows again to get on the internet to troubleshoot I turned the computer off and plugged the esata cord into my SSD changed the bios settings back so that the SSD was primary and in priority then sure enough i get the error quot Please insert a boot device blah blah blah quot The error you get when no operating system is installed I fooled around with the bios a bit more and no matter what i did it couldnt read windows off my SSD I went back into the bios to make sure the computer was recognizing it and it was I used Hirens boot cd to load mini xp from the disk in order to access my SSD as a secondary drive to backup my files Everything worked the mini xp was able to open the SSD and i could transfer files no problem I reinstalled windows pro x back on the SSD Fresh Install including format and everything went smooth I started running windows updates and antivirus definitions at the same time Then all of a sudden as the windows updates were at around I got the blue screen of death It would wait till the dumping physical memory reached then restarted Ever since this it happens of the time i restart my computer Do you think its software related or should I send in my SSD for warranty Ive attached a file that shows my system status and everything please have a look System Manufacturer Model Number Self Built OS Windows Professional bit CPU Intel Core i - Bloomfield GHz LGA W Quad-Core Motherboard ASUS P TD Deluxe LGA Intel X ATX Intel Motherboard Memory CORSAIR XMS GB x GB DDR SDRAM DDR PC Graphics Cards x in SLI - GIGABYTE GV-N UD- I GeForce GTX MB -bit GDDR Sound Card N A Monitor s Displays x ASUS VW H Glossy Black quot ms GTG HDMI Widescreen LCD Screens Resolution N A Hard Drives Primary Intel X -M Mainstream SSDSA M G XXX quot GB SATA II MLC Internal Solid State Drive SSD - OEM Secondary Western Digital RE WD FBYS TB RPM SATA Gb s quot Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive PSU CORSAIR HX Series CMPSU- HX W ATX V EPS V Case RAIDMAX SMILODON ATX- WB Black mm SECC Steel ATX Mid Cooling COOLER MASTER Intel Core i compatible V RR-UV -XBU -GP Keyboard N A Mouse Razar Mamba Internet Speed kb s shitty Other Info N A

A:BSOD after fresh install and windows update! HELP

Windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown

problem details:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.48
Locale ID: 4105
Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 1e
BCP1: 0000000000000000
BCP2: 0000000000000000
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: 0000000000000000
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1
Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\112510-19578-02.dmp
C:\Users\Cameron\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-22105-0.sysdata.xml
Read our privacy statement online:
Windows 7 Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows
If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/127066-bsod-after-fresh-install-windows-update-help.html
Relevancy 71.81%

Morning,

I am rebuilding a workstation here and I am wonder "when" (In terms of order) do you guy run Windows Update during a bare metal reinstall of Windows 7?

I currently do ALL my drivers first (and confirm all devices are working) and then move over to Windows Update. But I see some folks go to WU right after the Windows 7 installer is done and you are placed on the desktop for the first time?

Thoughts?

Cheers,

VP

A:When is the best time to do Windows Update in a fresh install?

Personally I would do as you said and install the up to date drivers first then apply the updates. That way you wouldn't install any outdated drivers windows update may throw up. After all updates create a system image and store it somewhere safe, that way you never have to go through the process again, you can just recover from your image and save yourself hours of time.

Danny

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/195567-when-best-time-do-windows-update-fresh-install.html
Relevancy 71.81%

I've built a new system and after about a week of it operating it has decided to be a complete douche to me for some unknown reason Everything the fresh Update after (Windows be install may cause) even BSOD was okay until I installed the SSD so I was aware of anyway the computer belongs to my sister and she never told me when the system used to crash so it could have crashed before the SSD Anyways when I was made aware of the computer issue I checked the Event Viewer logs to see what was wrong and tehre was loads of Kernal Power issues So I could only assume that maybe the old PSU was not good enough for all the cool new hardware so I bought a new PSU although the problem still persisted I've had more chance to observe the system today and determine what is going on I've removed HDDs from the system and kept the SSD in I ran a health check of the SSD on my own system BSOD even after fresh install (Windows Update may be the cause) and it reported it to be perfectly fine Anyways reformatted the SSD and everything was going well after installation After BSOD even after fresh install (Windows Update may be the cause) give the OS a lovely updates it BSOD on me I read a log which suggested there was bad drivers so I just assumed the ethernet drivers I had to manually install were incorrect even though they worked fine before SSD upgrade So I went to a wireless connection for the time being did everything all over again and got the same result At this point I determine Windows Update must be giving me grief I installed security updates only at first and everything was going fine Then installed SP and after maybe the BSOD even after fresh install (Windows Update may be the cause) odd more updates after SP it is now doing the entire damn thing all over again with crashing If I load Windows Update and either search for updates or implement Framwork update it will BSOD if I leave the system idle for minutes after booting it will BSOD And it will do this no matter what I do So I am completely stumped and would hopefully like to find some help from anyone before I start to blame the hardware Also as a side note as I love Safe Mode it hasn't crashed at all in Safe Mode so it's obvious to me it must be something that loads with the OS I've attached the logs that you need hopefully

A:BSOD even after fresh install (Windows Update may be the cause)

Hello Mattster.

Scan the system for possible virus infection. It is needed, despite of it being a clean reinstall.
Anti-rootkit utility TDSSKiller
Windows Defender Offline
Roll back to your display driver to an earlier one.
Download and install Driver Fusion.
Reboot the computer in Advanced Boot Options, safe mode. Search Driver Fusion in your start menu, and remove all components of your Intel Graphics Driver.
Download an immediate older version form Intel Download Center and install it.
Install Service pack 1.

Code:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7600 MP (4 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS
Built by: 7600.16385.amd64fre.win7_rtm.090713-1255
Learn how to install Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1)
Service Pack Center - Microsoft Windows

Let us know the results. And, next time upload your MSINFO32.nfo file.
Click on the start button
Type "msinfo32" (without quotes) in the search bar of the start menu, click the resulting link. It will open the System Information window.
File>Save. In the "File Name" filed, put "MSINFO32" (without Quote), give the save location to desktop, and click the "save" button.
Give the time for processing, it will save a .nfo file on your desktop.
Zip it, and upload it following the instruction.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/276361-bsod-even-after-fresh-install-windows-update-may-cause.html
Relevancy 71.81%

Hey people,
So recently I've had a lot of trouble, had a bad hard drive, now it's been replaced and I have reinstalled Vista Home Premium x64. On first start up it says there are 72 updates for my computer. When I okay installation it installs them all except about 5, then it restarts and shows a screen saying that it's installing the updates. Then the wait begins, I fell asleep waiting for it last night, 2 hours down and still no movement.
Is there a way I can just install them a few at a time?
I think it's hanging out cos it can't take that long to apply the changes, can it?

ED

A:Fresh Install Windows update issue

Edhorny,

I recently had similar troubles with updates. Your computer is set to update automatically. If you change this setting to just inform you that there are available updates, then when you view those available you can uncheck and/or check the updates you want to install at any one time.

Once I did that and now only update a handful at a time, I have not had any problems since. Also, I have found out quickly on this forum that other people periodically have problems with a patricular update so it is usually worth your while to investigate the individual updates before you install them. It could save you some headaches.

Hope this helps a bit.

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/202252-fresh-install-windows-update-issue.html
Relevancy 71.81%

The error code is CODE 800B0100
Two different updates have failed

A:Windows update fail fresh install

CheckSUR shows these problems...

Code:
Unavailable repair files:
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ncrypt-dll_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.18489_none_bbbd9451086ff7a8.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-security-schannel_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.18489_none_7ff589cd6c16bfc6.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-security-ntlm_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.18489_none_da922b92795eac1d.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-security-digest_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.18489_none_98ac89d69388fcce.manifest
winsxs\manifests\x86_microsoft-windows-ncrypt-dll_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.18489_none_5f9ef8cd50128672.manifest
winsxs\manifests\wow64_microsoft-windows-security-schannel_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.18489_none_8a4a341fa07781c1.manifest
winsxs\manifests\wow64_microsoft-windows-security-ntlm_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.18489_none_e4e6d5e4adbf6e18.manifest
winsxs\manifests\wow64_microsoft-windows-security-digest_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.18489_none_a3013428c7e9bec9.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-lsa.resources_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.18489_en-us_e4871310ad6f402c.manifest
servicing\packages\Package_121_for_KB2984972~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.4.mum
servicing\packages\Package_121_for_KB2984972~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.4.mum
servicing\packages\Package_122_for_KB2984972~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.4.mum
servicing\packages\Package_122_for_KB2984972~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.4.mum
servicing\packages\Package_123_for_KB2984972~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.4.mum
servicing\packages\Package_123_for_KB2984972~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.4.mum
servicing\packages\Package_124_for_KB2984972~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.4.mum
servicing\packages\Package_124_for_KB2984972~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.4.mum
servicing\packages\Package_125_for_KB2984972~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.4.mum
servicing\packages\Package_125_for_KB2984972~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.4.mum
servicing\packages\Package_126_for_KB2984972~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.4.mum
servicing\packages\Package_126_for_KB2984972~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.4.mum
servicing\packages\Package_128_for_KB2984972~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.4.mum
servicing\packages\Package_128_for_KB2984972~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.4.mum
servicing\packages\Package_129_for_KB2984972~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.4.mum
servicing\packages\Package_129_for_KB2984972~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.4.mum
servicing\packages\Package_130_for_KB2984972~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.4.mum
servicing\packages\Package_130_for_KB2984972~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.4.mum
servicing\packages\Package_131_for_KB2984972~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.4.mum
servicing\packages\Package_131_for_KB2984972~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.4.mum
servicing\packages\Package_132_for_KB2984972~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.4.mum
servicing\packages\Package_132_for_KB2984972~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.4.mum
servicing\packages\Package_133_for_KB2984972~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.4.mum
servicing\packages\Package_133_for_KB2984972~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.4.mum
servicing\packages\Package_210_for_KB2984972~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.4.mum
servicing\packages\Package_210_for_KB2984972~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.4.mum
servicing\packages\Package_25_for_KB2973112~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_25_for_KB2973112~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_26_for_KB2973112~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_26_for_KB2973112~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_27_for_KB2973112~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_27_for_KB2973112~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_2_for_KB2973112~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_2_for_KB2973112~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.0.mum
servicing\packages\Package_49_for_KB2984972~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.4... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/349918-windows-update-fail-fresh-install.html
Relevancy 71.81%

Hello everyone. Some background: I wanted to redo a fresh install of Windows 7 onto a Samsung 850 EVO SSD. After using DISKPART to set up the SSD the installation went flawlessly. Of note, I have the Users folder on a separate Toshiba 1TB HDD using Audit Mode instructions I found here. I installed my monitor drivers, mobo drivers, wifi adapter, webcam, HP printer drivers and Google Chrome.

I then proceeded to do the Windows Update. It updated to SP1 fine. I continued Windows Update and it was in the process of installing more critical updates when my BSOD occurred. The necessary files are attached. Thanks for taking time to review my case.

A:BSOD during Windows Update after fresh SSD install

So I just experienced a second BSOD, also while performing Windows Update. Latest log files are attached. I've also been experiencing errors with some Windows Update files.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/397375-bsod-during-windows-update-after-fresh-ssd-install.html
Relevancy 71.81%

My PC of update W7 install Windows SP1, hangs Fresh Mobo Fresh install of W7 SP1, Windows update hangs MSI A MA-G CPU GPU AMD A - an APU RAM GB OS W SP Home Premium X OEM HDD TB spinning rust Computer is self built i e I put it together from parts several years ago shortly after the APU came out I recently put together a new PC for myself and my wife wants the PC described above I reinstalled W from the OEM disk used the mobo driver CD to get the drivers Works fine Graphics NIC etc I'm using it now Downloaded Avira Free AV installed the Palemoon web browser Went the Windows updates in the control panel said I needed to update the updater so I did rebooted the computer and went back to WU it showed checked for updates Never last updated Never Looking at installed updates shows that the updater was indeed updated Seemed odd but I click check for updates and it was still checking after hours This isn't normal W behaviour I closed the update window and rebooted Tried a MS W fix for Windows update Said it fixed a problem Tried to update the OS again but again it never finishes checking for available updates Any help to get this fixed would be much appreciated as I don't want to run an unpatched internet connected PC TIA jbarntt

A:Fresh install of W7 SP1, Windows update hangs

Are you getting any Windows Update errors? If you check Event Viewer, System logs, and filter for WindowsUpdateClient, are there any error, warning or critical logs?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/603180/fresh-install-of-w7-sp1-windows-update-hangs/
Relevancy 71.81%

So I installed Windows 7 yesterday. Now when I turn the system off, it downloads something like 70+ updates. When I switch my system back on, I think it tries to install them, but it stays at 0% for 3/4 minutes, then says something about 'reverting' and then goes to the log in screen. The same thing happens everytime I turn it off and back on, it can't seem to install the updates, or whatever it's trying to do when I turn the system on.

Any ideas?

Thanks for any replies.

A:Fresh Windows 7 install, having update problem.

Don't attempt to install such a large batch of updates.

It's more time consuming I know, but try installing them in batches of half-a-dozen or so at a time.

You might also want to change your update settings vis: Start>All Programs>Windows Update>Change Settings>Check for Updates but let me choose whether to download and install them.

By trying to install such a large batch you risk having a load of them fail.

Also, try and install SP1 as soon as you can as a lot of the updates you mention will be included in it.

[SP1] Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1) Download Available

The reverting message can occur when you try and install an update before one in being hasn't finished, but if updates are being installed Windows can and does appear inactive for some time, so give the system time to finish its task.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/170364-fresh-windows-7-install-having-update-problem.html
Relevancy 71.81%

I just installed Windows SP on a new 7 fresh on Update frozen install Windows PC Windows Update frozen on fresh 7 install immediately ran Windows update It hung for two days at the quot checking for updates quot screen until I got fed up and started troubleshooting For every post on the web there is a different solution Unable to try them all I tried six or seven then re-installed Windows Same exact thing is now happening svchost exe goes to of one core and GB RAM in use and RAM in use hasn t changed in four hours and TrustedInstaller exe goes into MB RAM in use and also has not changed RAM in use in four hours There is minimal network traffic I don t think the machine is communicating with microsoft com at least not right now It certainly isn t downloading anything Just updated four other Win PCs it is not a network issue The machine in question can connect to the web various Microsoft sites my LAN etc So the wifi card in it is working fine At this point I have no idea how to proceed The first time around I downloaded some freeware utility that manually downloaded all updates but I was unable to run any of them and research suggests I have to run them in order and after downloading updates I have no idea in what order they should be installed anyway so the point is moot I ve had Windows update appear to hang before literally taking hours to get past the quot Checking for updates quot banner but never this long Any advice Is there a way to forcefully download and install updates Besides this freeware utility that appeared to work but left me with a human-unreadable list of update catalog numbers with which I could do nothing but stare Again this is a fresh install clean as was the first attempt Thanks nbsp

A:Windows Update frozen on fresh 7 install

Did you google it?

I did fix this exact issue this week. It turned out to be some basic bullshit to reset a component used by windows update. There is a good fix on an M$ webpage with 4-5 steps. Took a few to get it going for me.

My internet is running >1000bps currently so i can't link shit to you as google search doesn't even work and the ISP is liable for government action as they do not meet the minimum speed requirements set at law. Of course the govt doesn't care and won't do shit.

https://hardforum.com/threads/windows-update-frozen-on-fresh-7-install.1899338/
Relevancy 71.81%

Hi

Anybody doing fresh install of Windows 7 these days, its a pain to install windows 7 updates. My Windows update uses close to 5 GB of RAM in my 6GB system. Granted, I was able to fix it with the Memory Leak Fix update available online. It just get old if you are trying to install windows 7 in a few systems.

Also, you can never know what happens with the Windows 7 Updates, it ends up sometimes checking for updates or installing takes forever and i have to resort to multiple manual fixes posted online to correct this.

I thought i would just write here lol, its frusturating.

A:Windows 7 fresh install update nightmare

That is probably because you have an Iso with Windows 7 that was last updated in 2009 xD
Try to get an Iso with major of updates included. For example I have one with all updates till September this year.
Sorry Horrible english

https://malwaretips.com/threads/windows-7-fresh-install-update-nightmare.64629/
Relevancy 70.95%

BSOD c5 - while doing Windows Update after fresh Win7 install

It was while configuring updates after system restart.

A:BSOD c5 - while doing Windows Update after fresh Win7 install

Hi Vesparion.

Update internet explorer manually .... http://windows.microsoft.com/en-IN/i...r/download-ie/

Get rid of intel rapid storage. First uninstall it from Control Panel > Programs and Features. Then Uninstall the driver from device manager.
Right click on "my computer" icon and click "manage" on the context menu.
It will open the "computer management" window.
Select "Device Manager" in the left pane, It will list all the existing devices up.
Expand "IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers" by clicking on the triangle in front of it.
Select one Intel device item under it, right click, uninstall.
Continue the process for all Intel items under "IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers"
Now restart the computer. At restart, windows will auto configure the appropriate native system driver.
Let us know the results.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Code:
Event[2591]:
Log Name: System
Source: Service Control Manager
Date: 2013-11-16T01:43:44.794
Event ID: 7000
Task: N/A
Level: Error
Opcode: N/A
Keyword: Classic
User: N/A
User Name: N/A
Computer: i7-PC
Description:
The Intel(R) Rapid Storage Technology service failed to start due to the following error:
The pipe has been ended.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/311889-bsod-c5-while-doing-windows-update-after-fresh-win7-install.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Hi This is my st BSOD after I did a Bios update on my laptop followed by a fresh install of Windows Pro It occurred during my installation of drivers The BSOD Error message was 8 fresh and Windows of install after update, BSOD Bios Driver Power State Failure The dump file is attached if anyone can help take a look at it as its got me worried The main reason I did a bios update was due to the multiple BSOD I had on my previous Bios I did try to open up the Dump file but have no idea on how to read it However it did mention the file name ntoskrnl exe From online searches the file is related to my kernel Does this means I installed the Bios wrongly If it matters during Bios installation I had to update the EC BSOD after Bios update, and fresh install of Windows 8 st followed by Bios update which had executable files to run Note -Bios updated myself obtained form laptop manufacturer Edit Uploaded Files as according to posting instructions Running the SF Debug Tool If it's I would like to learn how to read these files to solve problems myself if possible I used WinDbg to open the dumb file but got lost after that Possibly tell my how you found the cause of the problem

A:BSOD after Bios update, and fresh install of Windows 8

Get all available Windows updates, update your chipset driver and your Bluetooth filter driver.

Code:
btfilter.sys Fri Jun 29 09:00:07 2012 (4FED5277)
Atheros Bluetooth Driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=btfilter.sys

HECIx64.sys Tue Jul 3 00:14:58 2012 (4FF21D62)
Intel Management Engine Interface
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=HECIx64.sys

AMPPAL.sys Tue Jul 17 09:35:22 2012 (500515BA)
Intel? Centrino? Bluetooth 3.0 + High Speed Virtual Adapter driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=AMPPAL.sys

intelppm.sys Thu Jul 26 04:26:48 2012 (5010AAE8)
Intel Processor driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=intelppm.sys

dump_storahci.sys Thu Jul 26 04:30:35 2012 (5010ABCB)
driver created to provide disk access during crash dump file generation
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=dump_storahci.sys

RtkBtfilter.sys Thu Jul 26 05:16:50 2012 (5010B6A2)
Filter Driver for the Realtek Bluetooth Chip[br]lenovo: Realtek Bluetooth 4.0 driver for Windows 8 (64-bit)
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=RtkBtfilter.sys

btmaux.sys Mon Aug 27 06:21:13 2012 (503AF5B9)
Intel Bluetooth Auxiliary Service
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=btmaux.sys

btath_bus.sys Mon Jan 21 10:18:42 2013 (50FD07F2)
Atheros BlueTooth driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=btath_bus.sys

bwcW8x64.sys Wed Feb 13 18:25:48 2013 (511BCC9C)
Killer Bandwidth Control Filter Driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=bwcW8x64.sys

akw8x64.sys Wed Aug 28 22:32:15 2013 (521E5E4F)
Qualcomm Atheros Killer driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=akw8x64.sys

nvlddmkm.sys Thu Aug 29 23:39:12 2013 (521FBF80)
nVidia Video drivers
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=nvlddmkm.sys

nvpciflt.sys Thu Aug 29 23:39:37 2013 (521FBF99)
nVidia 3D Vision Display driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=nvpciflt.sys

igdkmd64.sys Fri Sep 26 15:42:04 2014 (54256D2C)
Intel Graphics driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=igdkmd64.sys

Debug session time: Sat Jan 31 23:57:48.707 2015 (UTC + 1:00)
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\Mihael\SysnativeBSODApps\020115-7781-01.dmp]
Built by: 9200.16384.amd64fre.win8_rtm.120725-1247
System Uptime: 0 days 0:13:00.402
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for btfilter.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for btfilter.sys
Probably caused by : usbhub.sys
BugCheck 9F, {3, fffffa801074b060, fffff88000a877e0, fffffa800e3feb40}
BugCheck Info: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE (9f)
Bugcheck code 0000009F
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000003, A device object has been blocking an Irp for too long a time
Arg2: fffffa801074b060, Physical Device Object of the stack
Arg3: fffff88000a877e0, nt!TRIAGE_9F_POWER on Win7 and higher, otherwise the Functional Device Object of the stack
Arg4: fffffa800e3feb40, The blocked IRP
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x9F
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN8_DRIVER_FAULT
PROCESS_NAME: System
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x9F_3_RtkBtfilter_IMAGE_usbhub.sys
MaxSpeed: 2600
CurrentSpeed: 2594
BiosVersion = 4.6.5
BiosReleaseDate = 02/01/2013
SystemManufacturer = CLEVO
SystemProductName = P15xEMx
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``

--- E O J --- 2015 Feb 03 10:57:50 AM _88-dbug Copyright 2012 Sysnative Forums

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/60935-bsod-after-bios-update-fresh-install-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Hi guys,

Slight problem I'm having with Vista Ultimate x64. After a fresh install (including format), Windows Update refuses to cooperate. Specifically, it either hangs (downloading of updates either stops at 0% indefinitely, or progresses a bit, then hangs) or crashes (trustedinstaller.exe experiences a crash). I've tried deselecting every update except one to see if it's a certain one that's causing the problem (and further to this, tried this method with different updates), with no joy.

After a format or two, the problem's still around.

System specs:

Core 2 Duo E6850 (3GHz)
4GB DDR2
EVGA e-GeForce 8800GTX video card
Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer sound card
Vista Ultimate x64, SP1

Really irritating problem - - any and all help is certainly appreciated

-JP

A:Windows Update Hangs/Crashes on Fresh Install

hi one of these may be of help http://support.microsoft.com/kb/906602
http://support.microsoft.com/ph/6527
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/822798
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar/updtcl.htm

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/windows-update-hangs-crashes-on-fresh-install-418297.html
Relevancy 70.95%

I am having continuous issues with a BSOD. Here is a little basic info:
Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit (one week old install)
version of windows is a OEM upgrade (installed fresh from formatted hard drive)
Computer is about 2.5 years old.
Hard drive is 3 months old
RAM is one month old.

I am attempting to update windows via Windows Update. I have also tried to update drivers using Raxco software's Perfect Updater. I can't seem to keep the computer running long enough to get anything updated. Attached is the requested files. Thanks in advance for your assistance.

A:BSOD while trying to update drivers and windows on fresh install

Test your RAM using Memtest86+. Let it run until 6-8 passes have completed or errors have been found.
RAM - Test with Memtest86+

Run an sfc/scannow command in an elevated command prompt at boot. If errors are found, run it twice more with each scan followed by a reboot.
SFC /SCANNOW : Run in Command Prompt at Boot

Run a chkdsk on the system partition to check for bad sectors or system errors.
Disk Check

This may be some sort of hardware issue hence the Memtest & chkdsk.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/223772-bsod-while-trying-update-drivers-windows-fresh-install.html
Relevancy 70.95%

After a fresh install of Windows 7 I am now getting the 800B0100 error whenever I try to install updates. I've also tried installing service pack 1 from disc and it's telling me that installation was not successful.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 70.09%

I have been able to download the updates with WSUS however I am stuck on 'Listing IDs of missing updates' Malwarebytes and Spybot are the only programs on here at this time that are even close to seeing something viral Cryptoprevent was not causing a problem to my knowledge I stopped giving windows and WSUS time after hours of no discernible improvement I even made the automated ISO and tried installing fails hangs - Update WSUS Windows Pro 7 - Fresh Install from there The Internet works with everything else that's stock in Windows I updated to IE Lenovo needed NET framework and their driver updater worked great I don't have the original Lenovo Discs They think I am going to buy them again M of course won't give me a clean ISO due 7 Pro Fresh Install - Windows Update fails - WSUS hangs to OEM status I found the ISO another way Is there a specific KB that can update 7 Pro Fresh Install - Windows Update fails - WSUS hangs Windows 7 Pro Fresh Install - Windows Update fails - WSUS hangs Update I can't even get the msu to install from this thread windows update stuck at quot checking for updates quot was the KB Thanks Everyone

A:7 Pro Fresh Install - Windows Update fails - WSUS hangs

Hi and welcome to SevenForums,
You can get installation media with this for free and yes it does get the iso from Micro... servers
https://www.heidoc.net/joomla/techno...-download-tool

It's a lot easier to clean install these days with the unofficial sp2
There are essentially 3 updates needed for a clean install of windows that will get you updated through April of 2016

KB3020369 & KB3125574 & KB3172605 all can be downloaded from the catalog using internet explorer
Microsoft Update Catalog

https://blogs.technet.microsoft.com/...ows-7-and-8-1/
When manually installing updates you need to switch your update settings to Never check for updates and restart the machine first.

After restart you will need to ensure the built in windows update service is stopped and set to manual first too or it will conflict with the stand alone installer.

Afterwards reset the windows updates service to what it was before and update settings to your preference and check for updates
Should be only 50 or so updates left to install.

Or you can get all three updates off my OneDrive
https://1drv.ms/f/s!AsjD7o6P3KLKj2TjShn8-SumV1rr

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/400767-7-pro-fresh-install-windows-update-fails-wsus-hangs.html
Relevancy 70.09%

FYI, I know there are a million "solutions", problems and situations regarding delays while performing Windows Updates, but this worked well for me.

Fresh install of Windows 7 x64, installed update package KB3135445, then I was able to check for updates in under 2 minutes. I did it over and over again, it never failed. Got all updating done in a little over an hour.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/398957-fresh-install-windows-update-problems-solved-under-2-minutes.html
Relevancy 70.09%

Fast Windows update method after Fresh Install or Repair Especially usefull for Engineers Try Using AutoPatcher download from this site www down com and the latest is also available on Techspot Autopatcher has monthly updates for XP and x download the updates starting with the full December through to Latest usually last month install each package starting with the full Repair update Fresh Quick Windows method Install after or release but do not run Quick Windows update method after Fresh Install or Repair autopatcher till you have installed all the downloads autopatcher will append all the monthly updates and will install them all in one go Autopatcher allows you to select or deselect any update and will detect any updates you already have it also installs updates like Java msn messenger macromedia flash player aspi Quick Windows update method after Fresh Install or Repair drivers Latest windows media player dotnet framework and and more Autopatcher also has useful tweaks and security settings eg tweakui show open with notepad on right click menu put my computer internet explorer my documents on desktop and more You simply select all the options you require then run autopatcher and it will do all the above and only restart one time when all operations are done As it is a stand alone program you can copy the folder from program files directory and save to your USB flash drive portable storage device CD or DVD disk then execute the autopatcher exe file to update any system you re working on Have Fun nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/quick-windows-update-method-after-fresh-install-or-repair.53714/
Relevancy 70.09%

Hi I m completely stumped I have an HP tm t- tablet pc running Windows professional x A couple of weeks ago the hard drive died on me It was a GB rpm SATA drive but I thought I d splurge and order a GB to replace it I received row, and fresh Windows installer in problemspersist. myriad a update 7 install, twice the drive dropped it in and reinstalled Windows from the HP supplied recovery CD Everything seemed fine until I had some problems installing a piece of software then I had problems installing another piece of software then another I figured it was just a bad install so I wiped the drive and installed windows again unfortunately this had no effect and the same problems persisted Seems like the deeper I dig the more problems I find The main installer I ve been having a problem with is mixed in key the installer quits halfway through every time no error or anything just disappears Windows 7 fresh install, twice in a row, myriad installer and update problemspersist. through the support forums I determined that this is an issue with Microsoft dot net framework and it was recommended that I install it through Microsoft s standalone installer However when I try to do this the installer gets to the point where it finishes verifying the installer package and then just sits there and doesn t install I figured maybe it would work better if I updated windows so I went to the windows update section of the control panels and the window hangs whenever I open it Eventually I am able to get it to load the window I still don t know how but when I click quot Check for updates quot it brings up an error saying the windows update service is not running but I checked into it and it is I look this up online and there are a lot of references to it having something to do with windows needing a specific update to use large disks correctly and they point to a download package from microsoft the installer is called quot Windows -KB -v -x quot But whenever I try to run this I get an error quot Installer encountered an error xc quot I m stumped every solution leads to another problem does anyone have any idea what s going on here and how I can solve it nbsp

A:Windows 7 fresh install, twice in a row, myriad installer and update problemspersist.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-fresh-install-twice-in-a-row-myriad-installer-and-update-problemspersist.1058874/
Relevancy 70.09%

Hi Just installed a fresh copy of Windows -bit SP on my Acer Aspire laptop by removing all partitions on the hard drive via the windows install disc and hitting next and letting it go from there Once completed I logged in and both the WiFi and the ethernet LAN works fine for internet hence I'm posting here I can also access everything else on my home network like TVs other computers etc So I then activated Windows Then I went to windows update and went to bed Woke up the next morning and it checks update Fresh Win7 install forever windows was still just sitting there the green bar just scrolling Fresh Win7 install windows update checks forever left to right without doing anything I've run the SURT tool and it's been going for hours doing the same thing Just scrolling minutes ago I ran sfc scannow and it came back complete with no errors I don't have any windows update errors as nothing has ever happened I've attached the CBS zip file Please help and thanks Ben

A:Fresh Win7 install windows update checks forever

'Forever' is a long time!
Just in case...
Please follow this tutorial and post an MGADiag report - then we can see what the problem is.

Windows Genuine and Activation Issue Posting Instructions

Ignore errors produced when clicking on the Copy button - they simply mean that the tool could not create the backup files for some reason. The data is still copied to the clipboard for pasting to your response.

Please also state the Version and Edition of Windows quoted on your COA sticker (if you have one) on the case of your machine (or inside the battery compartment), but do NOT quote the Key on the sticker!
https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/howt...spx#PCPurchase

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/379652-fresh-win7-install-windows-update-checks-forever.html
Relevancy 69.66%

Hello and good day to everyone on the Forum I can't Error XP install of and I 0x8024400A fresh update: access windows I Windows a did was hoping I could get some help with regards to my HP Pavilion Media Center Desktop I recently had to perform a clean fresh install of Windows XP using the system recovery disks that came with my computer Once everything has been re-installed my computer is equipped with Windows XP Media Center Edition and Internet Explorer with Service Pack The I did a fresh install of Windows XP and I can't access windows update: Error 0x8024400A problem I m having is once I go into Windows Update to re-install all the necessary updates I did a fresh install of Windows XP and I can't access windows update: Error 0x8024400A I receive the message The website has encountered a problem and cannot display the page you are trying to view - Error Number x A No updates are shown or given to me Also not sure if it helps but my recovery disks come with Norton Internet Security which is outdated So I m not sure if this is causing some kind of conflict Or maybe I m doing something wrong when I m performing the clean fresh install of Windows XP Any help would be greatly appreciated Also please keep in mind that my computer skills are average at best Thanking everyone in advance for their time and patience

A:I did a fresh install of Windows XP and I can't access windows update: Error 0x8024400A

Check to make sure the clock and date are set right first. Windows Update doesn't like messed up times.Otherwise use UVK and go to system repair, and repair windows update. Very useful tool I use all the time with the computers I see.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/473156/i-did-a-fresh-install-of-windows-xp-and-i-cant-access-windows-update-error-0x8024400a/
Relevancy 69.66%

It has been very frustrating to rebuilding a Windows 7 desktops last year or so.  After the installation of Windows7 Home or Pro SP1 disks click on Check Updates and it could run for 2 days before it lists the 240 updates to install.  Anyway
to speed this up?  I know Microsoft wants us to use Windows 10 but some businesses and older home hardware have to have Windows 7.  I wish and hope this torcher will stop soon and Microsoft comes up with a fix.  Any help is appreciated!!! 
Thanks!!!

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/eaecce94-6361-4e32-b8e8-fce39fe459f0/windows-update-checking-forever-on-windows-7-after-a-fresh-install-last-year-or-so?forum=MTCWin8
Relevancy 69.23%

Basically my old HDD died from bad sectors and I had to format and install Windows Enterprise on a back up hdd that was flooded and stuck on install) fresh clean checking updates Update (on Windows with useless documents from the past Went ahead done what I had to Windows Update stuck on checking updates (on fresh and clean install) do Windows Update stuck on checking updates (on fresh and clean install) and left Windows to check for updates Steam install some games and League of Legends update However everything finished but Windows was still checking for updates and I noticed the svchost exe netsvcs one uses about GB out of RAM Immediately knew that this was caused by the Windows Update service that's under it However turning Windows Update off is never a smart thing to do and I don't have the kind of time to manually download updates I know that it will probably blast me with updates has happened in the past but never used up so much RAM and finished way faster than hours with all my usual post installation stuff Anyways some info you should probably know -I'm using a Wireless adapter TP-LINK TL-WN N and I have read threads here that Windows Update would sometimes fail to do what it should with Wireless adapters unfortunatelly that isn't an option at the moment -Resetting Windows Update manually and through Fix It doesn't work So first thing I'm looking at is updating the Windows Update client please do tell if you think otherwise or if not link me to the newest Windows update client or probbably any hotfixes that could fix the problem never done this before and wouldn't want to mess up so I decided to ask you guys Another short question I have Does editing the group policy to stop Windows Update from auto restarting after updates still work as before I have not done this yet on this computer yet just want to know

A:Windows Update stuck on checking updates (on fresh and clean install)

Hi Qualtrox,
might be due to fact that Enterprise and Ultimate, are different versions.
If you using the Ultimate key on an Enterprise install, or visa versa, then it will hang as its failing validation.
We can check if you run this too, copy/paste the output
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkID=52012

Roy

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/398302-windows-update-stuck-checking-updates-fresh-clean-install.html
Relevancy 69.23%

Just did a fresh install of Window XP. Went to Windows Update to get current and scan came back clean- nothing needed, not even sp2- NO WAY! I must need a ton of updates, patches, etc- how do I determine what I need in order to get current when MS's own scan says I don't need anything?

Any help would be appreciated!
thanks
WEBZ

A:Solved: Windows Update shows no updates needed on a fresh install of XP- no way!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-update-shows-no-updates-needed-on-a-fresh-install-of-xp-no-way.469613/
Relevancy 69.23%

Hi all

Done a fresh install of Vista Home Premium SP2 on an old Sony Vaio laptop.  After activation I just can't get Windows Update to download anything apart from the latest Windows Update Client There's no error message, just "checking for updates" constantly.   It's been running for over 24 hours now with no progress.

Considering this is a fresh install - any ideas?

Cheers!

A:Windows Update not working on fresh Vista Home Premium install

UPDATE

For anyone that's interested the updates have now arrived after almost three full days of checking for updates.  It appears my new ISP gives piss poor connection speeds.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/610254/windows-update-not-working-on-fresh-vista-home-premium-install/
Relevancy 69.23%

Hey guys I am new here so also please let me know if I am posting in - fresh Windows formatted drive install failing Update on hard the wrong section or I need to provide more different info to my post - thanks Here is the situation I had some pesky malware on my PC and at the same time was going to add a new TB hard drive to my PC as a nd drive Since the new nd drive was going to have me making a lot of changes to my systems setup anyways and since I had the malware I decided I would just reformat and start fresh My system setup is pretty simple anyways - just Windows Steam Origin and a bunch of games But now after formatting my hard drive and installing Windows Home x from the disc I am getting Windows Update failing - fresh install on formatted hard drive these error messages when I attempt to update - http i tinypic com eoh w png I tried Googling the error code but there is not much information as of now on the web about it Can anybody help me I have no idea why it's not working on a clean install EDIT here are some more screenshots

A:Windows Update failing - fresh install on formatted hard drive

Please follow the Windows Update Posting Instructions and post the requested data

If the file is too large (8MB compressed), remove the older CBSPersist cab files until the final file is below the limit - you can always post them separately after zipping them. (the forum doesn't allow the upload of bare CAB files, for a number of reasons)

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/354829-windows-update-failing-fresh-install-formatted-hard-drive.html
Relevancy 69.23%

Fresh install, installed Tuneup 2014, AVG Internet Security 2014, Firefox, Creative SoundCard Drivers, Updated Windows to current, Motioninjoy, Winrar, Bitcomet, and Installed and updated GeForce GTX 780 drivers. Crash occurred during test of DS3 Tool. Checked reliability history. Information is as follows;

Critical Event (1)

Problem signature
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

Files that help describe the problem
022614-37487-01.dmp
sysdata.xml
WERInternalMetadata.xml

Extra information about the problem
BCCode: 10d
BCP1: 0000000000000005
BCP2: 0000000000000000
BCP3: 0000000000001202
BCP4: FFFFFA8006A6E530
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1

Critical Event (2)

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x0000010d (0x0000000000000005, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000001202, 0xfffffa8006a6e530). A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 022614-37487-01.

Thank you any help you can offer.

A:Fresh Install, crash during DS3 Tool driver install.

Hi,

Uninstall AVG, use the removal tool for it after, then set Windows Defender and Windows Firewall to Automatic and start them too.

Uninstall MotionJoy.

To make the system a lot better, uninstall TuneUp Utilities and update nvm62x64 nvm62x64.sys Fri Oct 17 17:01:06 2008 (48F8FD12).

Enjoy.

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/41751-fresh-install-crash-during-ds3-tool-driver-install.html
Relevancy 68.8%

I was up to windows and everything was good but had trouble making a Microsoft account and dealing with a kernel working of update install after Windows fresh 7 windows isn't security failure I couldn't Windows update isn't working after fresh install of windows 7 login to battlenet Windows update isn't working after fresh install of windows 7 Memory check was good Hard drive was tested good I followed all kinds of help finally gave up and reverted back to windows had issues with the updater so decided to format reinstall Windows sp is the operating system now and at my wits end trying to get updates to work It just hangs at checking for updates hours and hours all night long I have only actually received one error the rest I have seen in logs There are several errors first one was with the standalone installer x e it actally popped up with that error The others are in the windows update log x F x B and x b lower case not sure is that means something different x x e x Things I have tried sfc scannow no problems found and cleared the windows software distribution folder Restart the windows update service Run the readiness tool Standalone installer for manual install some updates may be needed before others not sure I think even a few other things i cant remember Windows updates were working fine just saying lol

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/629684/windows-update-isnt-working-after-fresh-install-of-windows-7/
Relevancy 68.8%

I picked up a E6400 (x2 qty) from ebay and a product key from another site.  Used my 64 bit home premium disc  to install win 7.  Something went wrong and I changed hard drive to WD 250 install and got endless update problem

A:Fresh Install-Endless Windows Update problem latitude E6400 laptop

I have used Google and Bing to search about this problem.   I have tried numerous fixes including MS fix-it tool.  I have an error code which will be included in next post.  
Thanks in advance

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19984964
Relevancy 68.37%

Hey, I'm installing windows XP onto a 500 g SATA hard disk that I just installed into a Dell Dimension 9100.

I have an .iso file that I need to place onto a DVD to serve as the OS boot disc. My DVD-R is in my Mac. So i need to burn this .iso file on the mac but have it boot the PC..

What is the proper file extension for the dvd file? is there anything I need to do that I'm missing?

A:Fresh Windows XP Install on a Fresh Hard Drive using a Burned DVD OS install - PLZ HL

http://hints.macworld.com/article.php?story=20060619181010389

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/fresh-windows-xp-install-on-a-fresh-hard-drive-using-a-burned-dvd-os-install-plz-hl.956512/
Relevancy 67.51%

I downloaded the ISO from our volume licencing site Windows 7 Enterprise 32 bit with sp1 32 bit.  The machine will not run updates it sits at Checking For Updates and never progresses. I downloaded a new ISO with out SP1 and everything is fine until
I install SP1 then it just sits at checking for updates. The hardware is an HP 6510b with 2 gigs ram so 64x bit out of question.

I have tried updating bios things was hardware issue.
I have tried Microsoft fixit
I have tried clearing out software distribution folder.
I have reloaded the OS on 2 different machines same hardware and the same issue persists.
Here is the link to the updatelog I posted in google drive since its 7 pages and the forums here on technet did not like it.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1cWJQUB1H8sKuKUcxqlYBp77HJUqeczHQUEkBC3KQrcE/edit?usp=sharing

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/b68ddf70-4eda-4eec-a130-c6112fb04c7e/windows-7-32-bit-fresh-install-will-not-do-windows-update-after-sp1?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 67.51%

I just had a blue screen crash during the latest Windows Update install. It was an update of the Bit Defender definitions. Windows downloaded the update, created a restore point and then crashed during the installation.

I used BlueScreenView and took screen caps of the information pertaining to this particular crash. I was previously plagued with blue screen crashes, but haven't had one in a month after disabling Teredo Tunneling and uninstalling Zone Alarm, using the built-in firewall instead. I can post the mini-dump if my bluescreenview screen caps don't contain enough of the information. (I didn't include them now because most of it is from previous issues that I think were resolved a month ago.)

It may just be an issue with the automatic restart after the Update was installed. I think that may have happened once before.

Should I be concerned about this?

A:Crash during Windows Update Install

Please post the information from this post: http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/99569-crash-during-windows-update-install.html
Relevancy 67.51%

I just recently bough an ASUS laptop to replace my aging Samsung and after some getting used to I noticed a very odd and incredibly aggravating issue with Windows Seemingly at random several unrelated programs will crash all at once with no explanation It doesn t create any sort of dump file to explain I ll try to screencap it next time it happens to give Multiple install on fresh crash error you an idea but it s the standard Windows quot Frame goes white and then error message pops up quot kinda crash The issue started mere hours after I first booted the thing It was a fresh install on a new device and it hadn t even touched the Multiple crash error on fresh install internet so I m proof positive it s not a virus which is backed up by a few different scans from security software I thought it was just acting weird so I pressed on and installed Skype Steam and Chrome along with a few other very basic things like SAI and WINrar very basic stuff It got worse from there on seeming to crash once an hour in grand fashion usually everything I had open at the time I m used to working with errors given that I m the stereotypical family tech support guy but this entirely stumps me Defragging made the number of crashes go down and reduced the frequency but it still happens far more than I d like usually two to three times a day After much deliberation I believe it might be the processor It s a core i core and I ve started to notice odd things from it namely it trying to load just one of the cores with far too much work Core and have zero activity almost all the time while and tend to spike randomly with the rest having pretty normal activity I m mostly an idiot when I get past software and I d rather not pay the tech guys to look at it just YET Figured I d try here Specs below ASUS N VM-AB Processor GHz Core i - QM RAM GB DDR Hard Drive GB SATA Graphics Coprocessor NVIDIA GeForce GT M Graphics Card Ram Size MB Wireless Type bgn Optical Drive DL DVD RW CD-RW Operating System Windows Home Premium -bit nbsp

Relevancy 67.51%

I recently had a hard drive crash Because of this I got out my back up tb HDD installed it And re installed windows I've spent the last days updating and at random times it likes too crash with the error look up of quot MEMORY MANAGEMENT quot I can't seem to figure this out I re-formatted the rest of my drive after installing Seagates' Disc-Wizard to unlock my other TB as windows only showed I even Re-Installed windows But no matter what I do This seems to happen I did download the SF Diagnostic tool But I cannot get Net framework to download Always sais it cannot 3 MEMORY_MANAGEMENT Crash. Install, than Less days. Fresh be completed with this error code- x F After doing some research I find Microsoft quot solution quot to this What I got out of it is that I needed to install optional updates I attempt to install optional updates and after I started it I needed to leave for Well call it work Work After I MEMORY_MANAGEMENT Crash. Fresh Install, Less than 3 days. had returned an hour or so later It had not done anything After Moving the mouse It crashed with the same reason At this point I am completely lost This is The first Problem I have ever had with my PC I couldn't fix on my own I really appreciate any help givin to me with this I can't do without being able to reliably use my PC for much longer as it's just as much a work machine as it is a Personal one BFM

A:MEMORY_MANAGEMENT Crash. Fresh Install, Less than 3 days.

First try to use this procedure to install net framework 3.5 from your installation disk using dism.
41097 - Error code 0x800F0906 enabling .NET 3.5 in Windows 8
Then try to use SF Diagnostic tool again.

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/32226-memory_management-crash-fresh-install-less-than-3-days.html
Relevancy 67.51%

As in title.

I've just built a new system with spec:

Phenom II 3.4Ghz (x4)
8Gb Patriot DDR3-1333Mhz
Gigabyte Motherboard
MSI graphics-1Ghz GPU
Seagate 500Gb Sata HD
DVD-RW Sata

On loading Vista x64bit (fresh install) to the point where it is preparing to load up for the first time I'm suffering from a recurring BSOD where there is a 0x0000007E error memory crash dump, and continues to do this on start up.

I've run memtest, all memory is fine.

Any pointers appreciated.

A:New Build Fresh Install 7E Crash Mem Dumps

Welcome

Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/292944-new-build-fresh-install-7e-crash-mem-dumps.html
Relevancy 67.08%

so what do I do if im member of insiders build 10 was  trying to help with bugs, then got a update which messed up rolling back to 8.1 so had to do fresh install. now I cannot access my previous version on the same serial key I used from before please
fix this issue for those already signed up as windows 10 insiders not fair to those who actually have been apart of helping to find bugs and then update screws it all up. 

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/7e750400-7fc3-4ef8-b8a9-00c3985d02f2/member-of-windows-10-insider-build-update-messed-up-computer-had-to-fresh-install-and-lost-my?forum=MTCWin8
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi hopeing someone here can help out.

built a new PC and installed Win 8.1 and updated it all.
had the BSOD clock watchdog time out since system 1st built

here is speccy link

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/s4AK5C6zNUVqlIYOPjkGncw

minidump file zip

https://www.mediafire.com/?5jtz00ulfjo5170

could only get access to 1/2 of the files ?

also attached is output of last 10 errors from mini tool box.

I am going to run 10 Pass memory test overnight to see if there are any errors with the memory.

Did speak to guy where i bought the components and his idea was to do full wipe and reinstall of windows.
I do try and leave this to last ditch attempt.

Thanks for all and any help or advice.

Ross.

A:Clock watchdog timeout win 8.1 fresh build pc and fresh windows install

A wee update.

ran mem test over night. did 10 passes and no errors with the memory.

Cheers

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/531175/clock-watchdog-timeout-win-81-fresh-build-pc-and-fresh-windows-install/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi everyone I think I've got a fairly tricky problem here I just finished installing Windows Pro SP included x on my laptop Pretty much the first thing I updates..." install for "Checking SP1 update hangs on Windows Fresh - 7 Pro Windows of did was go to check for updates This was taking forever and upon looking at the resource monitor it appears that svchost you can just which services it's hosting was hung at or one CPU core No HDD activity to speak of just a process spinning its wheels I've tried multiple troubleshooting steps from running the Update readiness tool Which didn't find anything wrong resetting windows update using multiple tools running an SFC which said the system was in perfect condition and of course rebooting several times in between Checking the CBS log file there are many lines reading quot Failed to internally open package HRESULT x F - CBS E INVALID PACKAGE quot Windows Update appears to soldier on past that however where it apparently reads out its last cached package successfully it would seem then Fresh install of Windows 7 SP1 Pro - Windows update hangs on "Checking for updates..." stop Fresh install of Windows 7 SP1 Pro - Windows update hangs on "Checking for updates..." dead When I net stop wuauserv the log seems to mention TrustedInstaller a few times then that's about all the interesting information I can gather The WindowsUpdate log file is not terribly helpful either just before the hang it says quot PT Synchronizing extended update info quot then it lists off a ServiceId and Server URL Nothing after that Any help would be greatly appreciated

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/5f9786be-254c-4a6d-add4-e0042c9b4b82/fresh-install-of-windows-7-sp1-pro-windows-update-hangs-on-quotchecking-for-updatesquot?forum=w7itproinstall
Relevancy 64.5%

My music computer started having problems with Windows locking drive, Windows fresh same lockups! Fresh old 98 install, up at irregular intervals and after a while the thing simply wouldn t boot up all the Fresh drive, fresh Windows 98 install, same old lockups! time The lockups had been getting worse so naturally I thought I had been vicitimized by some spyware adware virus infection and took measures After countless hours I finally gave up and bought a new hard drive installed it and put on a fresh copy of Windows SE from my recovery CD It worked fine - for a while Now the computer is exhibiting the same symptoms with the new drive as it did with the old drive I tried running the Seagate SeaTools to see if I could find any abmormalities and it checked out fine What is odd is that the computer locks up at no particular place with no particular interval of time Quite often I can t even get it past the Windows splash screen My uneducated opinion is that this has to be a hardware issue and I m feeling frustrated by my inability to isolate the problem If anyone can make suggestions as how I should proceed I would be very grateful indeed The computer has an AMD Athlon processor with MB of RAM installed on an Azza X AS motherboard by the manufacturer CyberPower Inc It clocks around ghz The computer has a CD-R RW a Toshiba DVD-ROM a floppy drive a Creative Labs SoundBlaster Live GeForce meg video adaptor a k modem a Turbolink switching power supply atx and extra cooling fans The original drive is an IBM Deskstar gig and the new drive is a Maxtor Diamondmax Plua gig The machine worked perfectly since and it s been hooked up to a network router and the internet the entire time running hours a day except during bad weather The old Pentium sitting next to it has been doing similar duty since with no problems running Windows nbsp

Relevancy 63.21%

Just installed a new hdd in my laptop and installed the 3 yr old version of win 7 pro without problems. I activated it after install but now it won't update. Control panel>system>windows update results in many hours of searching for updates without success. I need some help with this. I'm certain from searches that this is common. My hope is that a fix is also common

thanks

A:New HDD--fresh install win 7---won't update

Sometimes it can take hours, don`t worry about the updates yet, they`ll come. Just install your software and use the pc for now.

And have windows update set like this.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/392483-new-hdd-fresh-install-win-7-wont-update.html
Relevancy 63.21%

I`m going to be helping a friend with his system(ie installing his software etc). System is going to have a fresh install of XPsp3 on it. How should I go about updating windows for him? I know there will be tons of updates, and I have never had to do this before from scratch. Is there a special link for all the windows xp updates that you go to, and just download all, and install them, or do I just turn on automatic updates, and let the computer take care of the dl, and install?

Relevancy 63.21%

Hi all.

I can not update anything.

When I try to download the rollup packages, it will not let me because ie8 needs updating. 

When I try to update from ie8 to 11, I click the download button and it takes me to the

"thank you for downloading" page but nothing happens. No downloading prompt, no file-save indication at all.

I installed win7 on an MSI H81M-P33 motherboard
and kingston SV300 ssd

SP 1 is on the disk.

The only driver installed from the msi disk is for the network adapter.

This is my second install attempt.
The first time I installed all drivers on the msi cd and the computer kept locking up.

Thanks for any help!!

A:Can't update after a fresh install

I figured it out.

I just downloaded ie11 on another computer and now I'm able to install everything on the new computer.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/628929/cant-update-after-a-fresh-install/
Relevancy 63.21%

I've been searching for a while most links lead to here. Although I am getting the same error 80070020 I do not have any anti virus installed yet. I literally just finished installing an hour ago and the .net service pack update is the only that keeps failing.

I don't have any .Net framework* in my add/remove programs and like I said I don't have any anti virus programs running yet. I am using a genuine copy of vista (Home Premium 64bit btw) and I am at a loss.

Also, when I select to install it says the progress is at 99%, then it rides, then it fails.

Any help would be appreciated greatly!

A:Fresh install, can't install .Net 3.5 sp1 and .Net Family Update

Try downloading and installing THIS then click on the link in my sig

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/222656-fresh-install-cant-install-net-3-5-sp1-net-family-update.html
Relevancy 62.78%

I am being told by a few friends that if I install Windows 10, I would want to go to the Microsoft website and install with a fresh/blank flash drive or a CD.
So I want to know. Is this true to reinstall my Windows 10 to my laptop? Since my friends said that the upgrade from 7 to 10 caused settings and issues from the 7 to be saved and added to 10 by mistake. If that's not the case for the Laptop, then I will start a thread for that laptops problem, after my question here is answered.

That and for the new computer my brother just bought and helped me put together with a Windows 8.1 disk(already used). Would I be better off installing a fresh copy of Windows 10, and use the Product key from my 8.1 Disk case?

A:Better to install a fresh copy of 10, than by the Update?

You have to do the upgrade to get the free copy you can't do a clean install straight off or it will need a key and an 8 key won't work. Once you have done the upgrade you can then do a clean install on the same PC. You can get the DVD or USB from ms site

http://www.pchelpforum.com/windows-10-a/126895-better-install-fresh-copy-10-than-update.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Cheers,

ive got a Problem installing build 7100 on my pc. if i boot from dvd, iam going well until the wallpaper and the mouse appears. after 5mins of waiting here iam getting a BSOD with an 0x0000007F Error Code.
If i try to install b7100 into a VM (with the DVD) it works!
And if i try to install/update the pc via the booted windows 2008, it also works!
Only if i boot from the dvd and try to install, it failse.

Iam allready tryed various options (remove USB,remove NIC, burn again(slow), vertify md5/sha1,removed raid) but always the same story.

short spec of my sys:
Gigabyte EP45-UD3R Rev1 with latest Bios
Intel Core Duo Quad
4x2GB Corsair RAM
2x Seagate 500GB HDD
ATI Radeon 4850

thanks for your opinions.

A:7100: fresh install = BSOD, Update = well. Why?!

Sounds like a driver problem or Hardware failure.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/7823-7100-fresh-install-bsod-update-well-why.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hi, I have just done a fresh install of windows xp, I got an automatic update first of all.

I have installed avg free and office 2003, and the drivers for my computer, however xp update just doesn't load, I have installed the required things for it, but no luck. I just press on express, and the green bar will just move for ages.

Same happens with custom.

Any ideas?

Relevancy 61.92%

Hi I found this forum after spending the last two days trying to get windows update to work on a fresh install Originally I wanted to put Win SP bit on a VM KVM Everthing installs fine windows update hangs looking for updates even if I wait hours leaving svchost running at cpu on a core I tried many things including Window Update Trouble Shooter KB System Readiness Tool KB VM settings permissions DNS settings Until I gave up So I thought I would try a different tack I have now installed Windows SP on Spare HD on the laptop directly i e no VM Install everything... Fresh hangs tried Win7SP1 just Update I have NOT activated Windows as do not wish to keep this installation i e once I have resolved the problem I want to use the VM at that point I will activate it So I have now done a fresh install I have windows update set to automatic but Fresh Install Win7SP1 Update just hangs tried everything... with Important updates selected only not recommended updates done several reboots Windows updated to Windows Update Agent the only update I have set my DNS to and just in case my ISP was the cause of some problem I left the machine overnight Windows Update still hangs I ran SURT SFC Scan showed no errors I have posted the logs if anyone can figure this out I did notice these in the CBS file - - Info CBS Failed to internally open package HRESULT x f - CBS E INVALID PACKAGE

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/380944-fresh-install-win7sp1-update-just-hangs-tried-everything.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Having Windows 7 Crash overnight when downloading large files or using Torrent. Attached is the .dmp file.

A:Windows 7 Crash Downloading Large Files

The dump file gave the error below and pointed to utorrent as you suspected.

Quote:
STOP 0x0000000A: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Usual causes: Kernel mode driver, System Service, BIOS, Windows, Virus scanner, Backup tool, compatibility

BSOD Index

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck A, {0, 2, 0, fffff80002e18477}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\NETw5s64.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for NETw5s64.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for NETw5s64.sys
Probably caused by : NETw5s64.sys ( NETw5s64+b76b )

Followup: MachineOwner

* Bugcheck Analysis *

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (a)
An attempt was made to access a pageable (or completely invalid) address at an
interrupt request level (IRQL) that is too high. This is usually
caused by drivers using improper addresses.
If a kernel debugger is available get the stack backtrace.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000000, memory referenced
Arg2: 0000000000000002, IRQL
Arg3: 0000000000000000, bitfield :
bit 0 : value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation
bit 3 : value 0 = not an execute operation, 1 = execute operation (only on chips which support this level of status)
Arg4: fffff80002e18477, address which referenced memory

Debugging Details:
------------------
READ_ADDRESS: GetPointerFromAddress: unable to read from fffff800031070e0

CURRENT_IRQL: 2

FAULTING_IP:
hal!HalpDmaNextContiguousPiece+103
fffff800`02e18477 448b08 mov r9d,dword ptr [rax]

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT

BUGCHECK_STR: 0xA

PROCESS_NAME: uTorrent.exe

You have few drivers that need updating. Update these older drivers that were loaded at the time of the crash. Don't use Windows Update or the Update drivers function of Device Manager.

Quote:
- search Google for the name of the driver
- compare the Google results with what's installed on your system to figure out which device/program it belongs to
- visit the web site of the manufacturer of the hardware/program to get the latest drivers (DON'T use Windows Update or the Update driver function of Device Manager).
- if there are difficulties in locating them, post back with questions and someone will try and help you locate the appropriate program.
- - The most common drivers are listed on this page: Driver Reference
- - Driver manufacturer links are on this page: Drivers and Downloads

Here are the drivers that you need to update, especially regi.sys Apr 16 2007, SFEP.sys Aug 03 2007, and SonyPI.sys Aug 03 2007.

Code:
e1y60x64.sys Aug 18 2008
NWADIenum.sys Jan 14 2008
regi.sys Apr 16 2007
Sahdad64.sys Oct 27 2008
Saibad64.sys Oct 27 2008
SaibVdAd64.sys Oct 27 2008
SFEP.sys Aug 03 2007
shpf.sys Aug 22 2008
SonyPI.sys Aug 03 2007
VSTAZL6.SYS Oct 15 2008
VSTCNXT6.SYS Oct 15 2008
VSTDPV6.SYS Oct 15 2008
While updating these drivers may not be the cure, Windows 7 does not like older drivers, especially those dated 2007.

After you update these drivers, reboot and run y... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/91908-windows-7-crash-downloading-large-files.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hello there!
I've had this HP laptop running Win XP Pro-SP3 for almost two years. Since the very beginning, I've had this ongoing problem with websites causing IE to crash when accessed. I would say that this problem occurs with about 15 - 20 percent of sites. Examples of problem sites include:
http://www.cbs.com/daytime
http://www.ustream.tv
and many, many more. Does anyone have some idea as to what might be causing this and how to correct it?

Thanks,

Jordan.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/large-number-of-websites-cause-windows-ie-to-crash-please-help-494995.html
Relevancy 61.49%

> I don't speak German but the .iso I found for some reason installed in German. Woe is me <

Just did a fresh install of Home Premium and activated it with the intention of installing Windows 10 afterwards but I can't get Windows Update to do anything. Just stuck on this screen

have tried a variety of stop and start command prompts and restartings, they haven't seemed to do anything for me, I left it for an hour before I tried anything. There are 4 files in my C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution\Download right now and they haven't changed from their minute file size since they appeared. What can I do?

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/385904-fresh-install-home-premium-update-never-continues.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hello everyone,

I have a problem with my windows vista (ultimate x64).
It crashes in BSoD every time I try to download one or more large files at once (>=100Mb), or when I surf on many internet pages at once (e.g. when I start Opera and it opens 10 tabs simultaneously).

Anyone has the same problem/a solution please? That would be so great.

I hope it's not due to my hardware, since it's a new computer, but I had another o/s before (XP) on the same computer, and it didn't crash.

I hope you guys can save me =)

Greetz,
itlar

A:Windows vista crash when downloading large files

*Bump*

I'm sorry, but I really need help with this...

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/191580-windows-vista-crash-when-downloading-large-files.html
Relevancy 60.63%

After formatting my HD and doing a fresh install of my XP os, slip streaming with it Service pack 3, I'm now unable to update the machine from the MS update site. All drivers have been installed. Can someone give me direction as to how to proceed? I've tried going to the Microsoft pages where one is able to have it automatically fixed remotely this was not successful. Runnin thin on ideas here. Hope someone can help
Thanks

A:After fresh install of XP my autoupdate receives an error unable to update OS

Try this utility:
http://support.microsoft.com/mats/windows_update

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/after-fresh-install-of-xp-my-autoupdate-receives-an-error-unable-to-update-os.185107/
Relevancy 60.63%

I don't really know where to begin but I'll say this first I OEM fresh of on interface is install/update Wireless corrupted Vista recently switched back from Fedora Linux to Vista bit Home Premium which came with my laptop a Toshiba Satellite - and restored my old OEM activation for this purpose I've updated it with everything possible through Windows Update but one thing still gives me a problem - the wireless It hasn't been able to quot see quot any networks in range nor accept imported profiles through netsh it gives me a error A quick check of the interfaces through netsh reveals that the interface name is corrupted I've already flushed and reset the winsocks but I've never been able to bring up the wireless using ipconfig all This happens with both the built-in card Atheros AR EG updated through Device Manager and a Netgear WG v If I hit amp quot Diagnose and Wireless interface is corrupted on fresh install/update of OEM Vista Repair amp quot Wireless interface is corrupted on fresh install/update of OEM Vista it says that the wireless does not correctly recognize the IP protocol and tells me to go to the properties menu in order to put check marks beside IPv and IPv but they're already checked I've been using the Ethernet modem in the mean time but sitting on the floor sucks so any help here I'm close to either copying wlansvc dll from another computer in the house or reinstalling Linux I'd really appreciate something to go on

http://www.vistax64.com/network-sharing/287417-wireless-interface-corrupted-fresh-install-update-oem-vista.html
Relevancy 60.2%

I replaced a mainboard for a dv9000 that had a bad gpu. I Installed windows 7 home on it, it came with vista. Upon completion it gave an error something about login not being able to show so i shut down and restarted and loaded win update, it searches forever. So i shut it down, it never shuts down just sits there forever.

I installed 7 pro this time, and it got a bsod during install, and then basically the same issues as above. I am installing from usb, and i have used the usb drive on about 9 win 7 installs, its easier that way and then i input the key after boot.

A:Fresh install, logon error, bsod win update and shutdown issues

Did you go to the manufacturer's website and download the Windows 7 drivers for your motherboard, and then install them immediately after you finished installing Windows 7? Did you make sure everything in the BIOS was set correctly prior to installing 7?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/188631-fresh-install-logon-error-bsod-win-update-shutdown-issues.html
Relevancy 60.2%

My mother was having problems with her computer at work and we decided to do a fresh install of Windows 7. Now, multiple programs, including Windows Explorer, are crashing with a "StackHash" error and I don't know what that means. Attached is the picture of the error when I right-click Computer and go to Properties. I can't even preview this screenshot because the Preview program crashes. I'm also having the same problem on multiple other programs. Is it perhaps a bad hard drive, RAM, or graphics card?

A:Multiple programs crash on fresh Install, with "StackHash" Error

Where did you get the install disc?

When did the Stackcrash start happening?

Immediately after reinstall
After install of SP1
After install of all Windows Updates
After install of programs

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/346171-multiple-programs-crash-fresh-install-stackhash-error.html
Relevancy 58.48%

HI, I just installed windows 2000 professional onto my computer. Everything works fine except that the resolution is really grainy. On some web sites I cannot even make out what the words are. I found out that when I go into my monitor settings in display properties I am unable to install the drivers for my monitor. Does anybody know a way in which I can get around this.

A:monitor drivers unable to install on fresh windows 2000 install

Are you really referring to the monitor drivers or the Dispay Adapter drivers?The symptoms you describe sound like the latter issue.

Monitor drivers are no big deal to install, and even if you don't, Windows should use compatible plug and play drivers. Still it's a good idea to install them -- but you get them from the Monitor vendor site. You get the Display Adapter drivers from the Display Adaptor vendor's site.

What Display Adapter model do you have? And are they properly installed?

To install a Monitor driver, you download and unzip the .inf file from the Vendor. Then you select "update driver" and browse to the location of the file you unzipped. Once installed your Monitor should be recognized by model number.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-drivers-unable-to-install-on-fresh-windows-2000-install.354181/
Relevancy 58.48%

Could someone advise me how I should proceed I am partway through cleaning my PC from various hijacksbut because IE crashes I cannot get windows update andcannot run any online scans Trend Micro does supportFirefox but that also does nothing ie Firefox onlyshows quot transferring data Crash Infections, Other And 3721 Cnsmin Ie Oe Windows.update Crash, And quot and 3721 Cnsmin And Other Infections, Oe And Ie Crash, Windows.update Crash never gets to theLaunching House call button IE crashes on all these scan sites bitdefender comhousecall trendmicro compandasoftware comIE does not crash on other sites such as news bbc co uk ortiscali co uk I have followed these steps after searching Help Topics for CnsMin and in Preparation Guide for use before posting a HijackThis Log and done Clean out your temporary internet files and temp files ran latest Spybot with latest definitions both normal 3721 Cnsmin And Other Infections, Oe And Ie Crash, Windows.update Crash mode and Safe Mode with Ad-Aware normal mode Online scans all tried and failed as IE crashed on each site Ran AVG Grisoft McAfee Stinger ran - nothing found Microsoft firewall was 3721 Cnsmin And Other Infections, Oe And Ie Crash, Windows.update Crash already enabled Windows updates crashes in IE HijackThis ranMy brother who is helping me via email has sent me instructionshttp www spyany com program article spy rm CnsMin htmlon removing CnsMin but the registry editor instructionslook behind my abilities This site explains the CnsMin in detail but does not offerany removal instructions http www ca com securityadvisor pest pe px id Should I post a HijackThis log anyway in the right forum of course or should I try something else I know I ve had CnsMin since last year when I was able to useIE with online scans which reported it but I never got around totrying to fix it - I was and still am a PC newbie I had switched from IE to Firefox some months ago and usedIE only for windows updates But I wasn t getting IE crashes until some weeks ago I hope my system details are in my sig

A:3721 Cnsmin And Other Infections, Oe And Ie Crash, Windows.update Crash

CnsMin has an uninstaller which removes most components, but leaves the machine with no network or Internet connection. I suggest you post your log in the Hijackthis forum.

It may take a while to get a response because the HJT Team members are very busy. Please be patient as they are volunteers who will help you out as soon as possible. Once you have made your post, please DO NOT make another reply until it has been responded to by a member of the HJT Team. Generally the staff checks the forum for postings that have not been replied as this makes it easier for them to identify those who have not been helped. If you post another response, a team member, looking for a new log to work may assume another HJT Team member is already assisting you and not open the thread to respond.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/51330/3721-cnsmin-and-other-infections-oe-and-ie-crash-windowsupdate-crash/
Relevancy 57.62%

-Running Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit Service Pack 1

Hello there, I've just built a new computer and am having trouble installing Windows updates on my fresh install.

When I go to Windows Update, I get the following message:

--
Install new Windows Update software

To check for updates, you must first install an update for Windows Update. Your automatic updating settings will not change

To install the update, Windows update will automatically close and re-open.
--

When I click 'Install now', the window disappears and I am then confronted with the following message:

--
Windows could not search for new updates

An error occurred while checking for new updates for your computer.

Error(s) found:
Code 800F081F Windows Update encountered an unknown error.
--

Does anyone know how I can get updates to work? Is there some way that I can manually download and install this update for Windows Update?

Thank you.

A:Unable to install updates on fresh Windows 7 SP1 install

I'm guessing that your installation media already contained SP1, is that correct? Since this is a clean install my first thought is something happened during the installation process to damage or corrupt some system files. I'd try the Microsoft troubleshooter first.

Troubleshoot problems with installing updates - WindowsUpdate_dt000

If that doesn't work I'd try running the System Update Readiness Tool.

What is the System Update Readiness Tool?

If still no joy, and only because this is a very recent clean install, I'd just reinstall Windows 7 again. If the problem persists I'd start looking into the possibility of a bad installation disk, hardware issues, etc. Please post back if any of this helps or not.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/237949-unable-install-updates-fresh-windows-7-sp1-install.html
Relevancy 57.62%

I'm unable to get windows 10 oobe loop install after Windows install fresh to install properly properly and have spent the around hours in total trying to troubleshoot it the last days It started with a failed overclock attempt and reseting uefi to default settings When I booted up again the start menu didn't work I attempted to arc scannow among some other fixes to no avail and therefore opted to reset windows Windows 10 install oobe loop after fresh install This resulted in an error message unable to configure windows for this hardware or something along that line I Then I made a usb with windows media creation tool on another computer and attempted a clean format and fresh install of the drive with no success This time it left me stuck in a reboot loop at the oobe phase use express settings blue screen please wait with no error After another format I tried to install windows and upgrade from there I had some success but the windows would log in with a black screen and working mouse and keyboard shortcuts After - minutes the Rest of the interface loaded the start menu however did not work nor did windows update or the search bar I've tried various fixes but nothing seems to help or introduces another issue I'm running out of ideas and cant seem to track down the root issue Could a component be broken I have gone through several attempts to reinstall but every method results in one issue or the other The strange part about that would be how windows installed and ran perfectly fine I've also been using windows with this computer for over half a year without much trouble Any help would be much appreciated Sorry of the formatting is messy Posting with my phone makes me terrible at writing I will be editing this when I remember relevant info try something new or have other results

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/49332-windows-10-install-oobe-loop-after-fresh-install.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi!

I plan on reformatting Windows 7 x64 due to some hardware issues. Basically, I would like to be able to have things like Windows 7 settings, themes, ect imported. Any tips on how to do this?

edit: I do have separate partitions/harddrives to backup files, program data, ect.

A:Tips for importing my Windows 7 install to a fresh install?

Windows Easy Transfer
Ill get the link
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/w...-easy-transfer

When I went from Vista to 7, I used it. Tranfer everything to a finger drive and then transfer to the new OS.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/108036-tips-importing-my-windows-7-install-fresh-install.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi everyone Im new here and windows large No after update internet just stumbled on this site and Im glad I did I had a virus and am pretty sure it is gone I have done alot of scanning with malwarebytes nod etc all in safe mode And I think it is all gone Anyways I did a PC No internet after large windows update recovery F while pc is starting No internet after large windows update up and when I do this of course it wipes out all the windows updates that have been loaded up over the years So there are updates to reload up When I load them all up at once I have no internet access and I get messages that pop up on restart as in blah blah blah C windows microsoft net framework v mscorwks dll could not be loaded Also C programfiles disc discover exe cant be loaded either Before I load all the updates the pc works fine Any solutions out there Am I just loading too many updates at once on the pc My pc is compaq with amd athalon processor MHz with GB RAM Thanks in advance for the help

A:No internet after large windows update

Try System Restore to a point prior to all the updates.

Running SP3 standalone will decrease the number of updates you will need.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/no-internet-after-large-windows-update-361417.html
Relevancy 57.19%

I have Windows 7 64bit. After installing the latest updates from Windows update, all my icons on my desktop are HUGE. The ones on the start menu are normal and all text is normal. The resolution is set at 1600x900 (highest) and the display setting is on smallest (100%). How do I fix this?

A:Large icons after windows update

How To Resize Desktop Icons In Windows 7

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/large-icons-after-windows-update.996479/
Relevancy 57.19%

This morning, Aug 21 sunday, windows 10 did a very large update.  Now after my laptop has been on for 20 minutes, or so......the screen just goes blank (or very dark blue).  Nothing brings it back.  I have to do a hard shutdown....hold in the power button until it goes off, and then start it back up. Was there something in this update that has caused the problem??  It ran fine before the update. thanks......Pete

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/Today-windows-10-large-update-Now-after-start-up-my-LT-goes/td-p/3399264
Relevancy 56.76%

You can read about it here and view its exhaustive list of updates.

http://betanews.com/2015/08/05/microsoft-update-for-windows-10/

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3081424

-----------------------------------------------------------

Relevancy 56.76%

I swapped out the HDD on my wife's laptop with a new SSD and did a fresh install of Windows My wife liked the live mail and the photo viewer and had the version on the old system I think Anyway you can only install the new Windows Essentials or it's individual components or so I thought I tried doing that and first it hung on the quot install quot until I got fed up and cancelled A couple more attempts and it said it couldn't install mail movie maker and photo viewer I tried the offline installer tried finding an older version with no luck It would keep installing OneDrive though if I tried to install the entire 2012 Essentials Windows 7 on Windows fresh install install. won't suite One thing I found out Windows Essentials 2012 won't install on fresh Windows 7 install. is that if there are any components program files from Windows Essentials 2012 won't install on fresh Windows 7 install. previous versions it won't install or so I read If I go to C Program files and or C Program files x there are folders for Live essentials components Obviously it came with the fresh Windows I'm pretty sure that is the reason but if I simply try to right click and delete those folders it tells me I need permission from TrustedInstaller to make changes to the folders It's ridiculous Any help feedback GREATLY appreciated Thanks in advance

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/400565-windows-essentials-2012-wont-install-fresh-windows-7-install.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Just wondering what everyone rushes to install on a fresh install of Windows If this type of thread has been done already sorry feel free to merge I tend to format and reinstall apps What do install? -- Install Fresh Windows you of so often that I keep Fresh Install of Windows -- What apps do you install? all my apps on a USB stick install them all then use File Hippo's update checker to update anything that's been updated since I put the installers on my stick I also Fresh Install of Windows -- What apps do you install? copy the new installers over Fresh Install of Windows -- What apps do you install? to my stick for the next time I reinstall My first install is Anti-virus which used to be Avast but i'm now using MS security essentials I let it update and scan then reboot install any available Windows updates Second install is Firefox which is my favorite browser and I use to surf around while windows update is running After closing Firefox my third set of installs are plugins Java Flash Plugins IE amp non-IE Shockwave Adobe Air and Python The rest are -zip Great utility for handling all kinds of archives doesn't integrate into the shell well on Windows yet Abiword Light weight word processor For the most I use this to compose longer blog posts and replies to private messages It beats launching Open Office Audacity Program for manipulating audio files Mostly use this to cleanup intro and outro gaps on rips Any Video Converter Pretty simple and easy to use video converter so I can play them on my Zen Ccleaner An awesome temp internet files cleaner Google Chrome I use this as my secondary browser Coffee Cup Free HTML Editor Really nice WYSIWYG HTML editor and it's free Context A free text editor supports syntax highlighting and lots of fun stuff I don't use it much mostly use Notepad but am planning to dive into Context a bit more Defraggaler A defrag utility from Priform the makers of Ccleaner I find it easier to use then Windows built in utility Digsby A multi-protocol IM client I don't use it much especially after the whole crapware fiasco Pidgin is my favorite IM client Dropbox An awesome file sync tool that works on all platforms Easy Tag Bulk MP tag editor file renamer Really nice piece of software I like it because it's simple and to the point Easy Tag requires GTK but that gets installed with Pidgin anyhow FileZilla A great cross platform FTP client with the ability to save connection profiles Flock The quot social quot web browser mostly just have it in order to have another browser to use if need be Foxit Reader A lightweight PDF reader a good alternative to Adobe Reader Don't bother installing the Firefox plugin though as it locks up FF for a good minutes every time you try opening a PDF Primo PDF Printer Setups a virtual printer to 'print' a PDF from any program GIMP A free advanced image editor Google Earth Hey who doesn't like spying on their old neighborhood from the sky Google Talk Google's IM client I don't use it much mostly for Gmail notifications Intellipoint Intellitype Pro Enable the features on my keyboard and mouse InfraRecorder A decent utility to burn CDs mostly use it for ISOs I'll probably drop this with Windows since ISO burning is built into the shell KeePass Hands down the best password wallet saver Cross platform I use it in conjunction with Dropbox to have all my passwords synced and available to me on all my computers Notepad My favorite text editor I set it for all text file associations Syntax highlighting and a tabbed interface make this the best text editor out there IMHO Open Office A great free office suite a little on the bloated side but not too bad After installing launch open office and disable the 'auto-starter' from starting all the time in the system tray Opera Yet another browser mostly for testing Paint net Another image editor haven't really used it much so cannot say much about it Pidgin A great free multi-protocol IM client No ads in your face either This is my default IM clie... Read more

A:Fresh Install of Windows -- What apps do you install?

Don't forget to install Malwarebytes:

http://www.www.malwarebytes.org

-Bill

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/30056-fresh-install-windows-what-apps-do-you-install.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Using the DISM, restorehealth, etc.. all do not seems to work. Advise. Spend 3 days doing it... even reformatting and reinstall OS.

http://www.tenforums.com/software-apps/48103-net-3-5-unable-install-even-after-fresh-install-windows-10-a.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Can not install full fresh Windows 7 it says cannot install windows 7 it says hard disk in gpt style.

The hard drive in this HP p2-1343w Desktop PC
HITACHI HDS721010CLA632 JPT41A SATA 6.0 1TB hard drive
Deskstar 7K1000.C HDS721010CLA632
P/N 0F15013 MLC JPT41A
I am trying to help a lady friend from Church.
She has a HP p2-1343w Desktop PC with Windows 8, "Which I hate".
Can not install full fresh Windows 7 it says cannot install windows 7 it says hard disk is in gpt style. I tried some steps to covert gpt to mbr so I can install fresh full Windows 7 but don't know what to do from here.
Please help thank you.
N4TUX Boyd

A:Can not install full fresh Windows 7 it says cannot install because...

Hi N4TUX is there currently an operating system on the pc?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/283494-can-not-install-full-fresh-windows-7-says-cannot-install-because.html
Relevancy 56.33%

hi,

I'm having some troubles with windows that are too large to choose the right button.
I've been searching over the internet and I have read things about dpi, but that's 100% in my case and so no problem. I've updated my nvidia graphic's card. I've tried to use a windows 7 fixing tool, no good result.

I'm using an external LED screen with a resolution of 1920x1080. I don't know why it suddenly had this problem... but even without this external screen, the problem shows up

I've included a screenshot of my gta 4 installing wizard (and it's not just with this installing wizard, but also java, adobe pdf...)... Hopefully the image tells you more than what I've been explaining...

thanks anyways for all your replies,

greetz,

kingleon

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/install-wizard-windows-are-too-large-675673.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi I Fresh fresh system Random install, - BSOD have installed a whole new windows pro x My new Random BSOD - Fresh install, fresh system mobo an ASus p e pro along with new ram pc gskill x ddr running in mhz due to my q Everythingi s running perfectly except some random BSOD total this week I have posted a pack of dump file in here the last ones are the ones that represent the BSOD I had and that I cannot explain the others ones are for various reasons crashes who happenned during installation but Random BSOD - Fresh install, fresh system that I was able to resolve What is weird is that my BSOD only happenned when I was surfing explorer on when the CPU was idle at night with utorrent running today mc pc got BSOD at AM after night or running perfectly it is open since then and running perfectly again All the afternoon for hours it loaded utorrent I cam back from the university and started to play empire total war and lot of MW multiplayer Everything is working perfectly no BSOD But I'm afraid to leave my pc open this night when the BSOD happen I usually have to reboot manually because if it reboot by itself it lead to a DOS screen saying to select a boot device Help me someone I cannot believe me G-skill memory are faulty otherwise they would have failed in-game I suspect nvidia drivers can be responsible for thoses bluescreen The power management tool is not working properly and whatever the option I choose in the nvidia panel it will sometimes lower my frequencies and sometimes it will keep the stock one A strange thing also is that my CPU is lowering it's speed in a kind of power saving option but I turned intel speedstep off so it should not do it should it IS there a problem running pc in mhz I do not want to maintain my FSB to north bridge to mhz all the time cause it heat my system a lot I use that function from time to time for hard gaming sessions crysis for example PLease help Thanks for your help already

A:Random BSOD - Fresh install, fresh system

I think I must also mention that BSOD didnt always give the same message, wich lead me to confusion in my troubleshooting research.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/55675-random-bsod-fresh-install-fresh-system.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Running P - GHz DB Mother Board GRC Chipset GB Ram Bios RG A A P I recently & Windows Large Drive HD Understanding Install Help New on ATA tried Help Understanding Large ATA HD & Windows Install on New Drive to install Windows XP on a new Ultra ATA Seagate Barracuda GB Hard Drive and forgot about the problem with large hard drives issue which I am educated very little about The installation process progressed as usual in terms of formatting drive copy Help Understanding Large ATA HD & Windows Install on New Drive files to install etc but upon reboot the hard drive would not boot to the Windows GUI to install windows I thought it was a disk issue such as a scratch or something but the install disk worked fine installing onto a GB Western Digital IDE hard drive So I guess the problem is related to the size of the hard drive and or the Ultra ATA issue My bios does recognize the hard drive I have an Intel GRC Chipset Intel s website says quot Does the Desktop Board D GRG support Ultra ATA hard drives Yes The Desktop Board D GRG supports Ultra ATA transfer rates up to MB sec ATA by way of the ICH IDE controller with two independent bus-mastering IDE interfaces An Ultra ATA supported hard drive and an conductor IDE cable are required to take advantage of the increased bandwidth available on the IDE channel One of the new features of the Intel Desktop Board D GRG is its ability to support larger ATA capable hard drives with -bit Logical Block Addressing LBA within the BIOS along with all Ultra ATA transfer rates i e MB sec MB sec and MB sec To realize a true throughput performance difference a hard drive may need to implement higher spindle speeds such as RPM and a large onboard buffer size to take advantage of the increased bandwidth available on the IDE channel quot I am confused about what needs to be done to a Be able to install windows xp without the problem above b Be able to have windows use the entire hard drive instead of only GB c Whether I need to Install Intel Application Accelerator software or Slipstream Windows Install or both d Is this problem related to only the large size of the disk or also an Ultra ATA issue I thought Ultra ATA was just another flavor of IDE Do I need the Intel Application Accelerator software http downloadcenter intel com Detail Desc aspx agr Y amp DwnldID amp lang eng Is it possible to install Windows and have it able to read the entire drive without installing this additional accelerator software later after Windows is installed how would I be able to install it anyway if I can t get Windows to install Do I need to reinstall Windows using slipstream SP If so can I slipstream sp only or can or should I slipstream SP and SP upon the same installation I read conflicting information - one website said that if slipstream sp that would include all other updates from SP and SP - another website including Microsoft said that each must be installed before the next one If I slipstream do I still need to install the Inter Accelerator software If so can that be slipstreamed as well If using the Intel Application Accelerator software will that create an additional partition Hope someone can help me make sense of this I know once I get it down I ll be good for the next time nbsp

Relevancy 55.47%

Hi, I just installed windows 7 sp1, activated it and am running it just fine. I wanted to run windows update but windows update is infinitely searching for new updates, i have manually installed a bunch of updates that others said worked for them (on the microsoft page) but it didn't work for me. I have tried using the troubleshooting tool for it but that didnt work either. Any help?

A:Just fresh installed windows 7 sp1, now i cannot update.

Make sure you have IE11 installed and not IE9 before you try the updates again.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/631440/just-fresh-installed-windows-7-sp1-now-i-cannot-update/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hey i'm new here but i'm severly needing help, i just moved to my grandmothers after my dads divorce and I brought my kick-*** computer with me. but.... THE INTERNET WONT WORK!!! Also i have installed my drivers, and its a windows xp fresh install.

I noticed that in "My Connections" theres only verizon wireless connection (i have a travel card) but thats it o.o. I have comcast right now. Right now i'm on my grandmothers snail pc, with my computer hooked up and right next to me. PLEASE HELP. (I use a modem not a router).

_--------_
Please help,
Ganom

A:Windows Xp fresh install

i have installed my driversClick to expand...

Please confirm that there are no warnings or errors or Unknown or Other devices in Device Manager.

What are listed under Network Adapters?

I use a modemClick to expand...

Dial-up? Internal or external?

Broadband? If so, what kind? Connect to it by ethernet or USB?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-fresh-install.796927/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi guys Has been a while since I posted here so please bear with me I 7 install fresh Windows currently am working on a Lenovo b laptop spec Windows 7 fresh install is Windows ultimate x Intel i nd generation gb RAM gb hdd On board graphics driver So I've been having problems with this laptop for a month or so now In which it would not let me view a h format file in a web browser download the video displays fine Any other video format will play through my browser After a particularly long day of messing around trying all sorts of things such as completely removing and reinstalling the activeX making sure the graphics driver is up to date etc I Windows 7 fresh install decided that enough was enough and took the drastic measure of reinstalling windows as the computer was filling up with useless junk anyway Now my problem has arisen Windows 7 fresh install that after reinstalling windows reinstalling my drivers and testing the video playback it now works fantastic I have come across the problem of not being able to use my product key to validate windows I get the error message along the lines of quot this is a windows anytime upgrade key and cannot be used for a fresh install quot My computer originally came with win home premium bit with gb of ram but that's another story and I upgraded it to ultimate through anytime upgrade I have both my home premium and ultimate license keys handy and would prefer not to have to reinstall from my backup I made prior to reinstalling windows Could somebody please tell me there is a solution out there Your replies are much appreciated in advance

A:Windows 7 fresh install

See this article: Windows 7 activation error: invalid product key

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-fresh-install-684157.html
Relevancy 55.47%

The old hard drive on my computer crapped out so I just bought a Windows Install XP Help Fresh new one and I am trying to install windows on it and I have gotten lost The drive I am using is http www seagate com support disc iguides sata a pdf I have a dell windows cd that came with the computer I also have the windows cd key that was used on the Fresh Windows XP Install Help computer I put in the dell cd it went through all the steps Everything seemed to be going fine It never asked me for my CD key it also never asked me if this computer would be connected to the internet The computer boots but the only thing on the desktop is the recycling bin I look into the display settings and I can only get screen size resolutions I can not connect to the internet I am confused about what I am supposted to do next I have been using the guides http www michaelstevenstech com cleanxpinstall html http pcsupport about com od operatingsystems ss instxpclean htm I would appreciate any help Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 55.47%

Hello. Is there a way to install fresh windows 10 without .ISO, usb and dvd? I updated my windows 7 to windows 10, but now I want fresh install, is it possible to do it? Like just to start setup.exe and install it ... I've seen some yt video here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCOn9EHMQe8 so I was wondering is this even legit, will it work like that?

A:Windows 10 fresh install?

Hello Squickly,

First, I will call false on the description for that video since Microsoft will always provide free Windows 10 ISO files to directly download from Microsoft. That alone makes me question anything the video says.

Windows 10 ISO Download
You can refresh or reset Windows 10 without an ISO, DVD, or USB since Windows 10 is installed with an image. You would only be prompted for installation media if there was an issue with the built-in image.

Reset Windows 10

Refresh Windows 10

If you wanted to do a clean install of Windows 10, then you will need either an ISO or USB to do so though.

Windows 10 - Clean Install

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/42382-windows-10-fresh-install.html
Relevancy 55.47%

After fresh install of windows 7 on dell inspiron 1750; wireless network visible in list but cannot connect EVEN IN SAFE MODE!?!

Please help I have been stuck for days now. All drivers udated and windows updates installed, (still was'nt working before all the updates)

A:Fresh windows 7 install

ensure you are typing the password properly. ensure that the type of encryption you are choosing is correct. reboot your router. uninstall and reinstall your wireless card drivers. update your drivers. can anything else connect to the internet via your router?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/270400-fresh-windows-7-install.html
Relevancy 55.47%

I want to fresh install Windows 7 on my new SSD. My Windows is OEM version with product key on the laptop. Can I download Windows 7 ISO and enter my product key for Windows 7 OEM? Thanks in advance.

A:Fresh install of Windows 7

thunderstorm773 Basically -- no.  Most likely, since the HP OEM versions are not available for download, then any version you do download is likely to be Retail, and those will not activate using the HP OEM key that came with your laptop. What will work is restoring your machine to its original factory condition using HP Recovery Media. This is a set of DVDs and a CD, or USB stick, that will erase the hard drive (removing all data, settings, and applications, reinstall the original OS, drivers, and some HP Utilities. In some cases, you may be able to order a USB stick instead of disks.  You have to order these from HP; they can not be downloaded.You can look online for Recovery Media starting with the linked paged: http://support.hp.com/us-en/driversOnce there, input your Product name or number. On your Software and Drivers Download page, select your Operating System and and Version. Click "Update".  If HP Recovery Media is available for your machine, down near the bottom of the page, you will see an entry for Order Recovery Media-CD/DVD/USB. Click the "+" symbol to expand that entty and click on Order Media for details.Or, if you prefer, you can do the same by contacting HP Customer Service:If you live in the US or Canada, contact information is on this page: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/phone-assist.html#section1If you live elsewhere, contact information is on this page: http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-contact-us.htmlNOTE: After you get through, stay on the line until you are finally able to talk to some one -- it can take a while!---------------------------------------However, HP Customer Support is generally not available on the weekends, so you might have to wait until Monday to contact them.---------------------------------------Note that if HP no longer provides Recovery Media for your model, a couple of other sites you can check are: http://www.computersurgeons.com/  and http://www.restoredisks.com/Be sure to read through the material in the linked thread BEFORE you attempt the recovery:  http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00707939 Good Luck========================================================================I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor do I represent, HP.---------------------------------------------------------------If my posts helped you, please click the Thumbs-Up symbol on the left of the Reply button to say thanks.If my posts solved your problem please click "Accept As Solution" -- to help others find the solution.========================================================================

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Fresh-install-of-Windows-7/td-p/5604473
Relevancy 55.47%

I am looking for Windows Can XP Fresh Not Install Help! some help with Help! Can Not Install Fresh Windows XP a windows xp fresh install It s been days of unsuccessful attempts for me I changed mobo and processors in my computer as well as update ram When I went to install windows xp it would get to of the install and then tell me that an error has occured and windows will shut down I tried Help! Can Not Install Fresh Windows XP several times over and got the same error My hard drive was formatted for the fresh install so there was no windows program running on the harddrive I search the net and found a thread that said to check the memory I removed one of the modules from the mobo and low and behold I installed windows After installation completed I installed the drivers for the mobo video card and other things I started to install some software and when I did a restart on the computer the system just started constantly rebooting after it was running fine Threads indicated a possible memory prob Changed the memory stick and still nothing I was able to go into safe mode and turn off the constant reboot to get and error message and then searched that error message I checked for more threads and found that there may be a Netgear wireless problem with the driver and sp They suggested removing the wireless card and then restarting the computer I did that and nothing I changed power supplies thinking that maybe power was not getting to all of the hardware for some reason Now when I started my computer it would show the mem size and video card info when you first turn the computer on then the screen went blank black Tried to go into safe mode could not screen went black Tried the xp repair by booting off the cd and it said that it couldn t copy a file Tried a fresh install formatting the hard drive agiain and now it says there s files missing from the cd which I have used without prob in the past Someone I talked to suggested making sure I am not trying to use the disk on a re-write cd rom because of possible read errors tried installing from plan cd drive still getting error messages that files can not be copied It was also suggested that maybe my hard drive has bad sectors I installed a new hard drive and tried to load windows on that and I am still getting the same error I have used the same model mobo and video card the mobo doesn t have onboard video in a machine I built for someone else and had no problems Any suggestions on what else I can try I am really at my witts end Thanks nbsp

A:Help! Can Not Install Fresh Windows XP

Sounds to me like you have eliminated almost every possible problem except 1 the actual cd itself. Are there any scratches or is it dirty????

are you overclocking this mobo/processor at all?
another thing... what is the
drive cable settings... ex.... is hdd on Primary Master, what is primary slave???? One other possibility is the IDE cable as well.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-can-not-install-fresh-windows-xp.29551/
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi guys I've been wanting to ask this for a few weeks but felt I needed to search properly before creating a new post but of windows 7 install Fresh after not being able to find one i have decided to ask I am looking to perform a clean install of Windows on my desktop wipe the hard drive clean Now the PC is a custom built one IE not a specific model I have had problems before when reformatting my laptop by wiping the hard drive with drivers for everything wireless being the worst and only managed to get around it by googleing the laptops make Fresh install of windows 7 and model and downloading the drivers off the manufactures website Since my desktop is a custom built one Build by overclockers is there any rd party software or even better Windows software which will allow me to extract all the drivers installed on the PC and burn them onto a disk so I can just install them off that once I have formatted the hard drive I hope I have explained this properly and that someone can help It would be greatly apprciated Kind regards

A:Fresh install of windows 7

You can try some of these freeware programs

http://www.techsupportalert.com/best-free-windows-driver-backup.htm

Or you can backup them manually from windows

http://www.ghacks.net/2011/09/26/backing-up-and-restoring-windows-drivers/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/492049/fresh-install-of-windows-7/
Relevancy 55.47%

is there a way to install a upgrade version of windows 7 to a fresh new hard drive? or is there a way to make dvd boot at post and start the install?

A:help! windows 7 fresh install

Hi ms say this is not allowed and breaks the rules from what i read
this is some info re upgrade http://www.microsoft.com/windows/win...derations.aspx http://blogs.zdnet.com/Bott/?p=1477&tag=content;col1

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/help-windows-7-fresh-install-428847.html
Relevancy 55.47%

i used my maxblast disc to clean my hard drive now that i try 2 reinstall windows back everything i try fail i changed the bios to boot from cd rom and floppy [i have the 6 disks of xp bootables what do i do now i cant get anything to work thnxxxxxxxxxx

Relevancy 55.47%

Hello, I have Acer E1-470-6806 from BestBuy Montreal, Canada in 2013/14. It came with preinstalled Windows 8. I want to reinstall Windows 8 as Linux was installed on it and it does not have any recovery partion as well. I don't see any product key sticker on the laptop, wondering how could use an Windows 8 ISO to install it and then download all acer drivers manually to have my Windows 8 machine ready. Please advice. 

A:Fresh install Windows 8

acerck, Your Windows product key is stored on a chip on the mainboard.  When you install Windows 8, the Windows 8 installer automatically retrieves it.  Windows will automatically activate when you connect to the internet.  There's no need to enter a product key. Here's vanilla Windows 8.1: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows8 You can also purchase your eRecovery media from Acer: http://www.acer.com/worldwide/support/ https://store.acer.com/store/acerna/DisplayDataValidationServicePage http://store.acer.com/store/acerna/en_US/home/ThemeID.30483300 There's lots of posts on this forum that give step-by-step instructions on how to install vanilla Windows 8.1 or Acer erecovery media.  

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/Fresh-install-Windows-8/td-p/448358
Relevancy 55.47%

I am trying to reinstall windows on another computer of mine. The boot priority is CD-ROM first, and when it loads the XP install cd, and I try to install windows, it simply tells me that it cannot detect the hard drive, which does not make sense because I run windows from the hard drive everytime I use the computer. Someone please help.

A:Trying To Fresh Install Windows

go into the bios and change the boot order

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/trying-to-fresh-install-windows.536702/
Relevancy 55.47%

OK, PC I'm working on is a HP m8200n with integrated video card.The PSU fan was inop causing over heat condition,case fan was noisy and the HD had corrupt files for boot up Bsod. I replaced the PSU from a 300 watt to a 430 watt,new case fan and new HD WD from a Seagate 500g. Now at the very end of installation completing, the screen went to a smaller size as though it was adjusting from video driver,then again adjusting to a screen that could not see (all lines ). I left it alone but it did not reboot,cold boot just made me have to reinstall OS. I have never seen this before and assumed it was due to the windows 7 drivers it was installing.I ended up reinstalling Vista.Any thoughts or has anyone run into this before?

A:Fresh install Windows 7

Did you try updating your chip/set, video, drivers from your models # support page?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/fresh-install-windows-7.948985/