Windows Support Forum

HP keyboard stick or no type

Q: HP keyboard stick or no type

Hi:
my work lap top hp compact nc 6400 when i log on it is difficult to key press it either
won't or if I wait and go very slow it will type the letter than i wait and type again. but eventually it will take the first letter than run on the entire block with that letter and not let you delete than it just stays that way looks like this ccccccccccccccc
and will not delte ? I shut down and the problem still persests I might add that at work yesterday it did not do this . Thanks

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: HP keyboard stick or no type

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: HP keyboard stick or no type

cleaning your laptop keyboard: Howto

You could check with an external plugged in USB keyboard, just to confirm that it is the laptop keyboard (but I think it is)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-keyboard-stick-or-no-type.117182/
Relevancy 57.62%

I work at a company and we just went through an internal network change which required a transfer of my user settings to a new account. Everything seemed fine after the switch but now I can't set my .txt default program. It used to be notepad++. It's now set to "Not selected" and if I change it, it goes right back to "Not selected". This is very annoying because I do a lot of text editing.

I've tried setting the default program from Default Programs -> Set Associations and from the right-click context menu. I'm running the latest Windows 8.1.

Any ideas how to fix this?

A:.txt file type association won't stick

Does it stick if you set it to notepad? Or it just won't keep any setting at all?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/47993-txt-file-type-association-wont-stick.html
Relevancy 57.19%

When installing the memory, should i put the 1 GIG stick first and the 256 stick in the second slot or the other way around? Does it matter? Which way would be faster?

A:Which RAM stick first? Need help ASAP Building system as I Type

Howdy

Need more info...
What or how many ram slots?
Depends on what you want dual or single channel
G'Luck

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/which-ram-stick-first-need-help-asap-building-system-as-i-type.30658/
Relevancy 56.33%

Does it support the Mirco SDHC cards?

A:Lenovo Stick 300 Micro SD card type supported

I have a 64 GB micro SDXC card in mine. This works fine with the original exFAT formatting. The older SDHC cards should also work.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-Beacon-Stick-300-D-J-and/Lenovo-Stick-300-Micro-SD-card-type-supported/td-p/2227638
Relevancy 56.33%

Hello,
My VOIP sends me copies of my messages with a WAV extension. I want them to play with Quicktime rather than my jukebox program or Windows Media Player. I've changed the program in the Folder Type window at least four times but Windows forgets and defaults back to my jukebox.

Is there a place in the registry where I can hard code the program I want Windows to use when playing back the file?

Thanks

Relevancy 52.89%

If  I use my search engine, or my browser or even notepad,  I type in a couple of letters and then whatever letter I last typed starts repeating itself and it just goes on and on.  My keyboard keys aren't sticking, so I have no idea what's happening.  I ran Malewarebytes and Webroot and then Combofix.  It seemed to work for a while but then it just starts doing it again.  I don't know if it's virus related or not.  But when it happens, I can't get anything done.  Any advice is appeciated.

Thanks

A:It's like my keyboard keys stick???

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.
 Checkmark the following checkboxes:  List last 10 Event Viewer log  List Installed Programs  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
 Click Go and paste the content into your next post.
 Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post. 
Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/592072/its-like-my-keyboard-keys-stick/
Relevancy 52.89%

I'm having a problem with my laptop. The "Scroll" key is locked and i'm not able to type. I tried taking it out and puttin it back but it remained the same. Anyone have any suggestions??? thanxxx

A:Keys on my keyboard stick..

Try holding down Shift for ~10 seconds (or pressing Shift ~10 times if holding it down does nothing) until a dialog box appears.

Disable Sticky Keys.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keys-on-my-keyboard-stick.958257/
Relevancy 52.03%

I used sardu to do usb-stick keyboard use bootable any couldnt with bootable usb-stick All kind rescue cd linux-mint hirens cd and so on i Changed boot order from my computer e gig ram win xp pro p b couldnt use any keyboard with bootable usb-stick deluxe wifi-ap and got bootable sardu menu Then i tried to use keyboard and choose option my keyboard didnt worked Then i boot again and again same problem I took stick off and try to boot normally i couldn't go to bios cause my keyboard I change other keyboard same thing I also try to put winxp cd in if it helps but because boot order it never load i also try to take power cable off nothing Only thing helped when i took bios battery away and back Then i get my keyboard back If this trick wasn't help me have i any other options to do then Take my ide with me and try to save my files I also get wierd site info when trying go to www google fi or www google com heh i just understand that when i took bios battery i way thats reason why i get security warning because of date

A:couldnt use any keyboard with bootable usb-stick

If the date on your system...in the BIOS...reflects 2002...then you probably need to replace the CMOS battery, then reset the date/time in the BIOS and save the changes by hitting F10.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/523099/couldnt-use-any-keyboard-with-bootable-usb-stick/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi,

i have a Macally aluminium computer keyboard connected to my Pc.
running Windows 8.1 64bit.
In control panel, i have my keyboard setup as being US Internatonal (which my keyboard is).
Language is setup as Dutch.

Now, whenever i start my PC, they keyboard is always set to Dutch, not US international.
But then my keyboard doesn't work ok, it must be on US International.
i constantly have to set the keyboard setting back to US International in the taskbar.
Can someone maybe help me ?

thx in advance !
Rob.

A:Keyboard setting doesn't stick. Why not ?

Have you used the input override function in the advanced settings?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/50934-keyboard-setting-doesnt-stick-why-not.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi everyone, There was a sugary drink spilled on my keyboard and now the keys are sticky   Are there any ways for me to remove the keycaps, so that I can wipe the sticky sugar off my keys. I am not sure if I can just pop off the keys on this laptop. Can anyone help?

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/VN7-592G-Spilled-drink-on-keyboard-keys-now-sticky-How-can-i/td-p/431394/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 51.17%

After hitting some website that the popup blocker time stick. and Long Mouse keyboard boot went crazy with now my computer mouse quot sticks quot and the keyboard quits Mouse and keyboard stick. Long boot time responding for a couple Mouse and keyboard stick. Long boot time of seconds at a time After the blocker went crazy the next bootup was quite an ordeal I had to push and hold the quot on quot button several times before the machine would boot Any ideas following is a HJT log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C Mouse and keyboard stick. Long boot time WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System brsvc a exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS System brss a exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exe C Program Files ewido security suite ewidoctrl exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Pure Networks Network Magic nmsrvc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe C PROGRA Nero data Xtras mssysmgr exe C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMBgMonitor exe C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMIndexStoreSvr exe C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMIndexingService exe C Program Files Java jre bin jucheck exe C Hijack HijackThis exe C WINDOWS System notepad exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http start earthlink net R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http www earthlink net partner more msie button search html O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run SystemTray SysTray Exe O - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXE O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run PtiuPbmd Rundll exe ptipbm dll SetWriteBack O - HKLM Run Adobe Photo Downloader quot C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exe quot O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKCU Run PhotoShow Deluxe Media Manager C PROGRA Nero data Xtras mssysmgr exe O - HKCU Run BgMonitor E - C C- d f- C - D A B AA quot C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMBgMonitor exe quot O - Global Startup QuickBooks Update Agent lnk C Program Files Common Files Intuit QuickBooks QBUpdate qbupdate exe O - Global Startup Adobe Reader Speed Launch lnk C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exe O - Extra context menu item Do amp wnload by ReGet Pro - C Program Files Common Files ReGet Shared CC Link htm O - Extra context menu item Download A amp ll by ReGet Pro - C Program Files Common Files ReGet Shared CC All htm O - Extra context menu item Download all by Net Transport - C Program Files Xi NetTransport NTAddList html O - Extra context menu item Download by... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-and-keyboard-stick-long-boot-time.565474/
Relevancy 49.88%

I've got a Logisys Keyboard that will not work when I plug it into my USB Port (Any of them)... My USB Ports *DO* work (Ive tested that). It gets power (its an illuminated one) but will not type. However, it came with a USB -> PS2 Converter and it works fine if I plug it in that way.. but, the PS2 Converter snapped (long story), and now I am without a keyboard. Anyone know why it doesn't work just straight USB?

A:USB Keyboard Won't Type

Sometimes with those USB devices you must install the software that came with it for them to work. Did the keyboard come with any software?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-keyboard-wont-type.27946/
Relevancy 49.88%

I am including the HJT LOG that I ran Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on -Apr- Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C Windowssystem Dwm exeC Windowssystem taskeng exeC Windowssystem taskeng exeC WindowsExplorer EXEC Program FilesIObitAdvanced SystemCare AWC exeC Program FilesSynapticsSynTPSynTPEnh exeC Program FilesWindows DefenderMSASCui exeC WindowsRtHDVCpl exeC Program FilesSiteAdvisor SiteAdv exeC Program FilesAVGAVG avgtray keyboard... with my Cant type exeC WindowsSystem igfxpers exeC Program FilesiTunesiTunesHelper exeC Program FilesCamera Assistant Software for Toshibatraybar exeC Program Cant type with my keyboard... FilesPC Tools Firewall PlusFirewallGUI exeC WindowsSystem igfxtray exeC Program FilesMcAfee comAgentmcagent exeC Program FilesAIM aim exeC Program FilesToshibaTOSCDSPDTOSCDSPD exeC Windowsehomeehtray exeC Program FilesWindows Media Playerwmpnscfg exeC Program FilesLogitechSetPointSetPoint exeC Program FilesMicrosoft OfficeOffice ONENOTEM EXEC Program FilesSynapticsSynTPSynToshiba exeC Windowsehomeehmsas exeC Program FilesCamera Assistant Software for ToshibaCEC MAIN exeC Program FilesCommon FilesLogishrdKHAL KHALMNPR EXEC Program FilesProtector Suite QLpsqltray exeC Program FilesSynapticsSynTPSynTPHelper exeC Program FilesAIM aolsoftware exeC Program FilesYahoo Messengerymsgr tray exec PROGRA mcafeemscmcuimgr exeC Program FilesSpybot - Search amp DestroySpybotSD exeC Program FilesTrend MicroHijackThisHijackThis exeC WindowsSystem osk exeC Program FilesInternet Exploreriexplore exeC Program FilesInternet Exploreriexplore exeC Program FilesAVGAVG aAvgApi exeC Program FilesMozilla Firefoxfirefox exeR - HKLMSoftwareMicrosoftInternet ExplorerMain Default Search URL Cant type with my keyboard... http home microsoft com search search aspR - HKCUSoftwareMicrosoftInternet ExplorerMain Local Page R - HKLMSoftwareMicrosoftInternet ExplorerMain Local Page R - HKCUSoftwareMicrosoftWindowsCurrentVersionInternet Settings ProxyOverride localR - HKCUSoftwareMicrosoftInternet ExplorerToolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program FilesYahoo CompanionInstallscpnyt dllO - Hosts localhostO - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program FilesYahoo CompanionInstallscpnyt dllO - BHO Cant type with my keyboard... Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program FilesCommon FilesAdobeAcrobatActiveXAcroIEHelper dllO - BHO no name - FD D- B- FC- - AE - C Program FilesSiteAdvisor SiteAdv dllO - BHO McAntiPhishingBHO - C E- F E- D C- F-F BD D CF - C Program FilesMcAfeeMSKmcapbho dllO - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program FilesAVGAVG avgssie dllO - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO Yahoo IE Services Button - BAB B B- BC- B - D - FC DE A - C Program FilesYahoo Commonyiesrvc dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program FilesJavajre binssv dllO - BHO scriptproxy - DB D A - - E -B D- F C - C Program FilesMcAfeeVirusScanscriptsn dllO - BHO AVG Security Toolbar - A A -BACC- D - - A E E - C PROGRA AVGAVG AVGTOO DLLO - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program FilesGoogleGoogle ToolbarGoogleToolbar dllO - BHO Google Dictionary Compression sdch - C D FE-E D- -BB - C E E C E - C Program FilesGoogleGoogle ToolbarComponentfastsearch B E dllO - Toolbar McAfee SiteAdvisor - BF - F - - - FE E AA - C Program FilesSiteAdvisor SiteAdv dllO - Toolbar AVG Security Toolbar - A A -BACC- D - - A E E - C PROGRA AVGAVG AVGTOO DLLO - Toolbar amp Google Toolbar - C B - - d - B - A CD F - C Program FilesGoogleGoogle ToolbarGoogleToolbar dllO - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program FilesYahoo CompanionInstallscpnyt dllO - HKLM Run SynTPEnh C Program FilesSynapticsSynTPSynTPEnh exeO - HKLM Run Windows Defender ProgramFiles Windows DefenderMSASC... Read more

A:Cant type with my keyboard...

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.comDDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERER,K

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/218584/cant-type-with-my-keyboard/
Relevancy 49.88%

I was helping a neighbour reinstall windows xp pro on his older computer which had become unusable because of viruses. While trying to type in the activation code, I found that the z key would not produce any response, so I replaced it with another keyboard and the same things happened, in fact I tried 4 keyboards in all (3 were ps2 and 1 was USB) and they all had the same problem when trying to type the letter z. Any ideas?

A:Keyboard will not type z

Hey I really have no hear such problem before. It a really very serious problem. I think the activation code which you are going to enter is incorrect. Not only 'z' key is working what about another keys. I think it will be your installing or CD from which you are installing problem. You have to try it from another CD.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/keyboard-will-not-type-z.146639/
Relevancy 49.88%

My keyboard won't type. Its very strange, im not sure what happened but now my keyboard wont type and letters and only does the occasional weird thing like highlight words or opening tabs.

Solved!
View Solution.

A:my keyboard won't type

Try connecting an External USB Keyboard and see if that works.Sometimes, this could be an issue with the software so its always better to check what could be the problem RegardsMathewT

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/my-keyboard-won-t-type/td-p/2665337
Relevancy 49.88%

When I type www.logmein123.com

I get :

www.36goe5n12l.c6m

Kindly help me to correct this ...

Relevancy 49.88%

My keyboard will only type when I'm in tablet mode. If i switch to the desktop mode I can't type or use the mousepad. My laptop says it is not in tablet mode. THe volume and power buttons still work on the side. Thank you for helping!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Keyboard-won-t-type/td-p/5745715
Relevancy 49.88%

So I'm planning on purchasing a new keyboard since I feel like my Logitech keyboard is already old. I was wondering if I should choose the Mac-style keyboards (Slim Keyboard) or still the Soft-touch Logitech Keyboards. I currently have the Logitech Y-UR83 Classic Touch Keyboard. Which one should I buy?

A:What type of Keyboard should I buy?

Go to a store the sells keyboards and has a selection to demo. Pick the one that suits you. A keyboard is all personal preference.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/264160-what-type-keyboard-should-i-buy.html
Relevancy 49.88%

And I have to type with my tablet...being a Uni student this is...a bloody pain. I have a paper to type, and the laptops from tech support are crap, so that's why I'm here.

Anyway, first there was a BSOD (after visiting youtube...), then when it restarted, and once I logged in, the keyboard would not type. (Yes, that means it works on the log in screen, and the account says its installed...but won't work for my account.)

I'm guessing it's a connective problem, but...I've tried using everything I could think of. But, yeah I'm done; it's hard tying with a tablet...

A:Keyboard Will Not Type (different)

Press F8 bootup and choose Fix Your Computer. This will do a Startup Repair. If that fails, Can you boot into Safe Mode? If that still doesn't work, then load Windows, go to Start/Search and type SFC /scannow (or copy and paste it from a notepad file) and press enter. This will replace any missing files.
It sounds like you may be infected. So, please click on the link in my signature for Virus Help and post in that forum for more help.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/keyboard-will-not-type-different-629800.html
Relevancy 49.88%

My keyboard does not let me input a key more than once. for example, if i am typing the word letter. it does not let me type in the 2nd t. the only way i could add the 2 letter is if i use an entirely diferent buton. but this is not only specific to leters. even the backspace key and space bar, i canot type seamlesly. you can se in this and the last sentance that every word that neds two of the same keys, it doesn't work. I have to use the curser afterwards to ad in the leter i ned. even the space bar and backspace key does not work twice in a row.

is this a hardware isue or is it somekind of software problem?

it's so anoying. i can't even type www. without takeing like 20 seconds. help please!

thanks!

A:keyboard does not let me type same key twice

Borrow another keyboard and try. That is the simplest way of narrowing it down.

Check your setting under Accessibility Options (or whatever XP calls it - I use Vista).

There are settings there to ignore repeated keystrokes.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keyboard-does-not-let-me-type-same-key-twice.701160/
Relevancy 49.02%

Today my keyboard started to work weird When I press quot q quot it writes quot q quot with a TAB following When I press quot e quot it executes CTRL quot B quot When I press quot r quot it writes quot rt quot When I press quot t quot it writes quot rt quot When I press quot y quot it writes quot uy quot cant Keyboard failure, help! please i type When I press quot u quot it writes quot uy quot When I press quot i quot it writes quot i quot When I press quot a quot it writes quot quot When I press quot e quot it executes F i cant type like this i did system restore dint helped i also found one one old forum post with exact same Keyboard failure, please help! i cant type problem but post is died I typing from my laptops internal keyboard witch one is fine to work but i have connected laptop at home to external devices HD monitor and etc so im very uncomphortable to use laptops keyboard So my external Keyboard failure, please help! i cant type desktop keyboard failed Keyboard is like - monts old its still new and good condition since i found exacly same problem by someone is kinda weird Any ideas how to fix it thank you

A:Keyboard failure, please help! i cant type

Hi,

The best I can suggest is to blow (yes blow, quite hard) between the keys as it sounds like some dust/fragments have got caught under the keys.

OS

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/120797-keyboard-failure-please-help-i-cant-type.html
Relevancy 49.02%

The keyboard on my Dell 1501, will not the letters I,O,P when I press them. My laptop is older, just three years, and has had moderate use, mainly my husband looking for information. It has the Vista program, I know, but it has worked basically fine for the little use it gets. Nothing has been spilled on it, could they be worn out/

Is there anyway to take the keyboard cover off without damaging it and look to see if there is some type of debris blocking the connection?

A:3 keys won't type on keyboard

Inspiron 1501 laptop from Dell seems straight forward for removing keyboard to check for debris. Check it out at:
http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/ins1501/en/sm_en/keyboard.htm#wp1111863
Read directions carefully as laptops are quite delicate.

good Luck
Failing that, a new one shouldn't be too expensive.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/3-keys-wont-type-on-keyboard.153417/
Relevancy 49.02%

Strange request I know but getting rather fed up with the noise of my Logitech Wave keyboard now So I m on the hunt for a keyboard with silent press keys I don t mind the latest flat style keys featured on Mac keyboards and my Sony Vaio laptop They just need to be silent or Looking a for keyboard silent type almost silent as the noise Looking for a silent type keyboard when I m typing is driving me nuts LOL Currently I own this Ideally I m looking for something like the one I have illuminated keys would be ideal but not essential and a wrist rest is a must or it be flat along its bottom edge so I can purchase a Kensington duo gel pad to match my mouse one Most crucially it needs to be Looking for a silent type keyboard silent with good weighted keys and comfortable for extended typing I would prefer wired don t need to worry about batteries then but USB rechargable ones are fine as I have plenty of USB ports Its for lots of typing generally office based use No requirement for games I don t need any keyboard mouse combos as already have a Logitech Marble trackball and LX cordless mouse Budget is around UK Pounds What would you all get Thanks in advance and sorry if this is Looking for a silent type keyboard in the wrong forum I couldn t really decide where it fit best nbsp

A:Looking for a silent type keyboard

The newer wireless ones are lasting more than a year.
This is a product you should see and test.
The silent one can be a pain, if they don't fit your comfort zone

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/looking-for-a-silent-type-keyboard.151017/
Relevancy 49.02%

when i type using my keyboard my pc shuts down, so im using my on screen keyboard. i have scanned for viruses but there was nothing found and i restored my system, but that did'nt help either. any idea whats wrong and how i can fix this?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/when-i-type-using-my-keyboard-my-pc-shuts-down-452732.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello sometimes when I type keys on the keyboard applications seem to appear. This happens quite a lot, I keep clicking control button and it eventually gets back to normal. Does anyone know what I can do to stop this happening.

A:keyboard- when I type sometimes applications appear.

This happens when, while you are typing a doc or like in a post like in here?

Try to see which keys bring up which Programs, maybe you have a hot-key set up for those. Do you have any special Software installed for Keyboard and Mouse?

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/35479-keyboard-when-i-type-sometimes-applications-appear.html
Relevancy 49.02%

ok well It cant type my keyboard: password I in started off at am I noticed that a whole bunch of my computer files under program files were deleted so i did a system restore to a point about week ago well in the time between that system restore and keyboard: I cant type in my password now i downloaded i think security fixes from Microsoft update and about Norton updates well when my computer booted back up from the system restore i went to go type in my password nothing came up i could use my mouse but i just couldn t push a button on my keyboard to get a response so i restarted just thinking it was a misread with my computer still nothing well i booted to a floppy boot disk boot disk and went into DOS and I found out that i could type through DOS but not to log in in GUI well I don t know how to do repairs on the hard drive yet in DOS I ve only gotten my A certification and ive done all i could do to all my knowledge plz hurry i need some documents off that computer I would do a format but there are about Word documents on that computer that i would like to keep plus a couple mp s i have alright thanks to whomever comes to my rescue Thank You nbsp

Relevancy 49.02%

Hi,
Hopefully, I get this typed! I just bought this new Dell laptop. When I type, it has a mind of its own and will jump to previous places and start there. What is wrong and how do I fix this?
Signed
Frustrated

Relevancy 49.02%

I have bought a new computer with Windows 7 Premium Home 64-bit OS pre-installed. I made the mistake of specifying my keyboard type as US during the initial setup. I need to change it to Japanese type. I followed the steps mentioned in the help documentation to select the desired keyboard type after clicking the Change Keyboard button on the Keyboard Settings window. But it did not work. I am unable to enter Japanese text through my keyboard. Kindly help!

A:How can I change the keyboard type

Step-by-step:

1.) Click your Start Orb
2.) Click Control Panel
3.) In "Category" mode, click "Change Keyboards or other input methods" below Clock, Language, and Region
4.) On the small screen that pops up, click the "Change Keyboards" button
5.) Near the middle-right side of the next screen that pops up, click the "Add" button
6.) Find Japanese, click the "+" sign next to it.
7.) Click the "+" next to "Keyboard" and check the checkbox next to Japanese
8.) Click OK.
9.) On the next screen, change your default input language at the top, and once again, click Ok.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/200979-how-can-i-change-keyboard-type.html
Relevancy 49.02%

During the last few days when I type at my normal speed various letters are not printed on screen, it's the same in any program or email.
HP Pavilion zd8000 running XP with at least SP2 (Think SP3 is loaded...)Google email Google Chrome or Firefox for email. AVG 2011, Comodo, Spybot & adaware
Skype was updated in recent past.
Since oading AVG 2011 full scan takes 14 hours but that' another problem!
Any Ideas how to cure this?
Happy New Year!

A:Keyboard will not type some letters

Have you tried another keyboard?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/372739/keyboard-will-not-type-some-letters/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi all
I finally figured out how to get spanish accents on my keyboard AltGR + letter. I can now write é á í etc fine!

However, I can't seem to write the ñ character, even when using the Alt + 165  as suggested by all the google results.
I've even tried the UK extended keyboard.

Also, more pressingly perhaps, is that I can't write the # symbol. I use Alt + 3 (where the # is on the key above the number 3) but it gives me the british pound sign: £

How can I write these two characters without having do download some program or copying and pasting them from the internet! Thank you in advance

A:US keyboard installed but can't type # or

I don't have an answer for most of your topic. But you say this is a US keyboard and "Also, more pressingly perhaps, is that I can't write the # symbol. I use Alt + 3 (where the # is on the key above the number 3)".Would not the # symbol on a US keyboard be Shift + number three key? Not Alt + number three key?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/511078/us-keyboard-installed-but-cant-type-or-n/
Relevancy 49.02%

I can not type the letters l s , : and it not the keybord it wont even type them using the on screen keybord. please help using copy and paste on these chars from other places is getting really old lol... Chris

P.S. the letter s will work if i press caps lock and hold shift then I can type the letter s or S without caps lock but only if i hold shift...

A:can not type certain letters And it's not the keyboard...

Have you tried a different keyboard?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/can-not-type-certain-letters-and-its-not-the-keyboard.721482/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi Guys,

I have a wireless keyboard with touchpad. The touchpad works fine but the keys don't type.

I have tested the keyboard on another computer and it works fine, I also tested another keyboard on this PC and it also didn't work.

I have updated drivers but the problem still persists.

Yesterday, I removed some malware (Iminent?) and I'm guessing this is the only thing which could have caused this problem.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated

Thanks,
Si

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keyboard-doesnt-type.1138799/
Relevancy 49.02%

Having difficulty with a keyboard error whenever I type the letters e amp x - in any succession Ran HiJackThis as directed My log file is as follows Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x Logitech Vid HD Vid exe C Program Files x Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Program Files x WinTV Ir exe C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging bin hpqtra exe C Program Files x WinTV WinTV WinTVTray exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgtray exe C Windows SysWOW Ctxfihlp exe C Program Files x HP HP Software Update hpwuSchd exe C Program Files x Common Files AOL ee aolsoftware exe C Program Files x FlashGet flashget exe C Program Files x Logitech LWS Webcam Software LWS exe C Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files x AVG AVG Identity Protection agent bin avgidsmonitor exe C Windows SysWOW CTXFISPI EXE C Program Files x Yahoo Messenger ymsgr tray exe C Program Files Logitech Type Malware Keyboard SetPoint x SetPoint exe C Program Files x Logitech LWS Webcam Keyboard Type Malware Software CameraHelperShell exe C Program Files x Common Files Logishrd LQCVFX COCIManager exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSTE exe C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging bin hpqbam exe C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging bin hpqgpc exe C Windows SysWOW Macromed Flash FlashUtil t ActiveX exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Downloads software HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www drudgereport com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files x Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files x Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO HP Print Enhancer - C E- - -BF - C - C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging Smart Web Printing hpswp printenhancer dll O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO flashget urlcatch - F -AA - B - F D- A B E EF - C Program Files x FlashGet jccatch dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files x AVG AVG avgssie dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office GrooveShellExtensions dll O - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO FlashGet GetFlash Class - F E- EF- C- - BA DBA - C Program Files x FlashGet getflash dll O - BHO SingleInstance Class - FDAD DA - A - FD - C - F AC - C Program Files x Yahoo Companion Installs cpn YTSingleInstance dll O - BHO HP Smart BHO Class - FFFFFFFF-CF E- F B-BD... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keyboard-type-malware.1005500/
Relevancy 49.02%

Hey all, I was hoping someone on this board would be able to help me out.

I'm looking for a PC keyboard(PS/2 or USB) that would be like a laptop keyboard, where the keys are very easily pressed and sensitive. If anyone here has one of those or knows of a company that manufactures that type of keyboard please toss me a link or in the right direction.

Thanks all.

A:Specific Type of Keyboard

You can try the UltraX Flat by Logitech.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/specific-type-of-keyboard.36181/
Relevancy 49.02%

I can't type certain letters on the computer The letters Q W E R T Y and amp all don't work on keyboard I ran many different anti virus scans and followed all of your suggestions but still can't figure it out Can you please help Also I can copy and paste Can't Type Letters The I Certain Keyboard On addresses in the address bar and that is working ok Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exeC Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS I Can't Type Certain Letters On The Keyboard DEBUG MDM EXEC WINDOWS system HPZipm exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files abelhadigital com HostsMan hm exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon I Can't Type Certain Letters On The Keyboard exeC WINDOWS system wscntfy exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a amp pf desktopR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a amp pf desktopO - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dllO - HKLM Run HostsMan C Program Files abelhadigital com HostsMan hm exe -sO - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run ZoneAlarm Client quot C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe quot O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exeO - Extra context menu item Add To HP Organize - C PROGRA HEWLET HPORGA bin core hp main SendTo htmlO - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MI Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra context menu item Open with WordPerfect - C Program Files WordPerfect Office X Programs WPLauncher htaO - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - Extra button Send to OneNote - A- - f c- - EE C C - C PROGRA MI Office ONBttnIE dllO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem S amp end to OneNote - A- - f c- - EE C C - C PROGRA MI Office ONBttnIE dllO - Extra button no name - d f - f - d - - c a - C WINDOWS bdoscandel exeO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Uninstall BitDefender Online Scanner v - d f - f - d - - c a - C WINDOWS bdoscandel exeO - Extra button Research - B - CC- C -B BE- C C A - C PROGRA MI OFFICE REFIEBAR DLLO - Extra button AIM - AC E - - d -BC D- B D A DE - C Program Files AIM aim exeO - Extra button Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Windows Messenger - FB F -F - d -BB E- C F - C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeO - DPF B F A-E D - DB- -E D F-Secure Online Scanner - http support f-secure com ols fscax cabO - DPF EC CF-D - B- ACA-F A Controller Class - https www windowsonecare com install cli nSSWebAgent CABO - DPF E DE - - B - F -C E A F E Microsoft PID Sniffer - https support microsoft com OAS ActiveX odc cabO - DPF CCA E - - D -AC E- FixController Control - http h www hp com e... Read more

A:I Can't Type Certain Letters On The Keyboard

Being handled here: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...mp;#entry607387This topic is closed.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/106059/i-cant-type-certain-letters-on-the-keyboard/
Relevancy 49.02%

hello i m new here and i m here because i have problem with my laptopi m using windows xp home edition sp i cant type some character with my keyboard they re b v and also i cant type T using shift t the way i write this to you is using on screen keyboard i can't with type keyboard. characters doubt it as hardware problems since i experienced it twice can't type characters with keyboard. before at st i handle it with avast free nd with smadav and now nothing of em works even i scan in safe mode i did use avira too and it s the same not worked now i m using avg free but it always stall i also have problem to get in to safe mode using F the way i get in safe mode is using msconfig this is the log file Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Roxio BackOnTrack Instant Restore BOTService exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgchsvx exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgrsx exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system spoolsv exec program files idt wdm STacSV exeC Program Files Roxio BackOnTrack Disaster Recovery SaibSVC exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgwdsvc exeC PROGRA ROCKWE RSCommon RSOBSERV EXEC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC WINDOWS system lkcitdl exeC WINDOWS system lkads exeC WINDOWS system lktsrv exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgnsx exeC Program Files National Instruments MAX nimxs exeC Program Files National Instruments Shared Security nidmsrv exeC WINDOWS system nisvcloc exeC Program Files National Instruments Shared Tagger tagsrv exeC WINDOWS system igfxtray exeC WINDOWS system hkcmd exeC WINDOWS system igfxpers exeC WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exeC Program Files IDT WDM sttray exeC PROGRA ROCKWE RSLinx RSLINX EXEC WINDOWS system AESTFltr exeC Program Files HP HPBTWD exeC Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files syncables syncables desktop Syncables exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant HPWAMain exeC Program Files syncables syncables desktop jre bin javaw exeC Program Files Smadav SM RTP exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exeC Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeC Program Files syncables syncables desktop MigoMapi exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Yahoo SoftwareUpdate YahooAUService exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgemc exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared hpqwmiex exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared HpqToaster exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC WINDOWS system utilman exeC WINDOWS system osk exeC WINDOWS system MSSWCHX EXEC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a ion amp pf cnnbR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http goal com id-ID R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer cache itb ac id R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Fi... Read more

A:can't type characters with keyboard.

hey guys now i got my problem solved!!since i posted what did i do was:- scan in normal mode with avg free 9 --> nothing found- cleanup with microsoft scanner online --> some temporary files cleanednone of them solved it but this one,- uninstalled avg then installed avast -->after avast just installed it turned to blue screen which caused boot my laptop- scan with avast in normal mode (now)--> got some problems move to chest in my external hard driveet viola..it solved now..actually i'm still worry that this malware (i suspect) will attack me again in near future like before. so i wish anyone can help me to get rid of this thing. HELP! or any advice to keep me in this state safe is worth enough. thanks.here is my latest log:Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2Scan saved at 3:31:33 AM, on 4/21/2010Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600)MSIE: Internet Explorer v8.00 (8.00.6001.18702)Boot mode: NormalRunning processes:C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exeC:\Program Files\Roxio\BackOnTrack\Instant Restore\BOTService.exeC:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exeC:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXEC:\Program Files\Alwil Software\Avast5\AvastSvc.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exec:\program files\idt\wdm\STacSV.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxtray.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\hkcmd.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxpers.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\igfxsrvc.exeC:\Program Files\IDT\WDM\sttray.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\AESTFltr.exeC:\Program Files\HP\HPBTWD.exeC:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exeC:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jusched.exeC:\Program Files\syncables\syncables desktop\Syncables.exeC:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\HP Wireless Assistant\HPWAMain.exeC:\Program Files\syncables\syncables desktop\jre\bin\javaw.exeC:\Program Files\syncables\syncables desktop\MigoMapi.exeC:\Program Files\Smadav\SM?RTP.exeC:\PROGRA~1\ALWILS~1\Avast5\avastUI.exeC:\Program Files\Spybot - Search & Destroy\TeaTimer.exeC:\Program Files\Roxio\BackOnTrack\Disaster Recovery\SaibSVC.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exeC:\PROGRA~1\ROCKWE~1\RSCommon\RSOBSERV.EXEC:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jqs.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\lkcitdl.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\lkads.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\lktsrv.exeC:\Program Files\National Instruments\MAX\nimxs.exeC:\Program Files\National Instruments\Shared\Security\nidmsrv.exeC:\WINDOWS\system32\nisvcloc.exeC:\Program Files\National Instruments\Shared\Tagger\tagsrv.exeC:\PROGRA~1\ROCKWE~1\RSLinx\RSLINX.EXEC:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exeC:\Program Files\Yahoo!\SoftwareUpdate\YahooAUService.exeC:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Shared\hpqwmiex.exeC:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\Shared\HpqToaster.exeC:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exeC:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Messenger\ymsgr_tray.exeC:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exeR1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Default_Page_URL = http://ie.redirect.hp.com/svs/rdr?TYPE=3&a...ion&pf=cnnbR1 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/311034/cant-type-characters-with-keyboard/
Relevancy 49.02%

please assist imusing the screenkeyboard to type tried everthng on google and quot troubeshoot quot i need help please this s a old pc normally wont keyboard type a mac user but ogicboard burned up waiting on replcementLogfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System keyboard wont type smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exec Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exec Program Files Common keyboard wont type Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exec Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccProxy exec Program Files Common Files keyboard wont type Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exeC WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXEC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXEC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exeC WINDOWS Explorer exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXEC Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center SymWSC exeC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC windows system hpsysdrv exeC Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exeC Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exeC WINDOWS system VTTimer exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exeC WINDOWS system ps exeC Program Files BroadJump Client Foundation CFD exeC Program Files HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin hpqSRMon exeC Program Files QuickTime QTTask exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Webroot Spy Sweeper SpySweeper exeC Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync wcescomm exeC WINDOWS system algssl exeC PROGRA MI AA rapimgr exeC Program Files Belkin F D Belkinwcui exeC WINDOWS system OSK exeC WINDOWS system MSSWCHX EXEC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Console NSCSRVCE EXEC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate AUpdate exeC PROGRA Symantec LIVEUP LUCOMS EXEC Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate LuCallbackProxy exeC Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate LuCallbackProxy exeC Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate LuCallbackProxy exeC Program Files Messenger msmsgs exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a amp pf desktopR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www igoogle com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a amp pf desktopR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a amp pf desktopR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul rch search htmlR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http securityresponse symantec com avcenter fix homepageR - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localhost localF - REG system ini Shell Explorer exe C Documents and Settings Compaq Owner Application Data lsass exeO - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - no file O - BHO HP Print Enhancer - C E- - -BF - C - C Program Files HP Digital Imaging Smart Web Printing hpswp printenhancer dllO - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dllO - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - B... Read more

A:keyboard wont type

Hi,Welcome to Bleeping Computer. My name is m0le and I will be helping you with your log.Please subscribe to this topic, if you haven't already. You can subscribe by clicking the Options box to the right of your topic title and selecting Track This Topic.Please avoid installing/uninstalling or updating any programs and attempting any unsupervised fixes or scans. This can make helping you impossible.Please reply to this post so I know you are there.The forum is busy and we need to have replies as soon as possible. If I haven't had a reply after 3 days I will bump the topic and if you do not reply by the following day after that then I will close the topic.Once I receive a reply then I will return with your first instructions.Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/320451/keyboard-wont-type/
Relevancy 49.02%

This is a strange problem - my keyboard will not type on certain programs and as far as I can deduce it is only installed programs such as Empire Earth The Sims and Pharaoh I am trying to install Sims and it will not let me put in the letters of the serial numbers only the numbers show Keyboard - will type letters not only I Keyboard will not type - only letters can only conclude that it isn t a problem with the programs because they are from different Keyboard will not type - only letters brands and some are installed some are in the process of being installed Key points -Only the letters do not function or show up numbers are fine Bksp also works -IE notepad Word Publisher etc all work It seems to be the programs that aren t Windows-based created that don t work Things I ve tried -Uninstalling driver for the keyboard Intellitype Pro and rebooting Keyboard worked fine but no solution -New keyboard just plugged it in to my USB port and it s working fine This one is Microsoft Natural USB Keyboard Except for it not typing letters on programs -Tried different USB ports Didn t solve anything I have to say I m at a complete loss as to what the problem is other than some bizarre configuration that Windows has spat at me nbsp

Relevancy 49.02%

Hello type Keyboard works, won't all I have been a long time reader but this is my first time to post After coming in from out of town and turning on my computer the keyboard is having issues typing If I hold down a key the letter or number will appear after to seconds However all the shortcut keys and function keys work fine The keyboard works fine in the bios It is a USB keyboard and so I swapped it with my backup keyboard No dice with that one either and I tried to use a Keyboard works, won't type PS adapter guess what No luck I built this computer and am usually pretty good with this stuff but Keyboard works, won't type I am at a loss I have to think it is windows or something I tried reloading the software driver also Checked all the USB ports in device manager No yellow question marks Unplugged all other USB devices Ran all the Windows Troubleshooting options and it gave me nothing This thing worked fine days ago It is XP x if that helps Anyone have a clue Thank you so much nbsp

A:Keyboard works, won't type

Solution

I found the solution. After much deliberation it was simply in the Accessibility Options. For some reason the Filter Keys check box got checked. I have no idea how or why this happened but for anyone that cares, this is the fix.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/keyboard-works-wont-type.118342/
Relevancy 49.02%

My keyboard wont type.It is one of those that has programed keys ,they work but the letters and numbers wont work/print/type.Yes ,it has been scanned for everything by several pograms and also in safe mode.I do think I may have inadvertently clicked on and altered a Registry entry while trying to get my CD to work.
Can anyone please help ?

XP HOME SP2

A:Keyboard Wont Type

Is it a PS/2 keyboard or USB keyboard.
Is it wireless, and if so have you checked the batteries?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keyboard-wont-type.676450/
Relevancy 49.02%

my r key is not working very well and can i make it so that my caps lock key types "r" instead?

i took like 10 minutes to type this

Relevancy 48.59%

After using my laptop 18hours ago, I switched it on and it wont let me type in my password. I did a reset and also took out the battery for sometime but it wont respond still. What can i do please?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Keyboard-not-working-can-t-type-in-password/td-p/5736257
Relevancy 48.59%

When I type the letter wont appear unless I hold the key down for at least 3 seconds.I must have touched something that turned on this feature. What is it?

A:Keyboard won't type unless i hold the key down for a couple

Go into your Control Panel, Ease of Access, Ease of Access Center, Set up Filter Keys. Check and make sure that "Turn on Filter Keys" is unchecked.You can also uncheck the option under Keyboard shortcut to Turn on Filter Keys when Right SHIFT is pressed for 8 seconds.

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-7/keyboard-wont-type-unless-i-hold-the-key-down-for-a-couple/19611.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Sorry if this is in the wrong category.. :P
anyway, i'm typing this from my laptop because my desktop computer simply won't let me type. The keyboard is fine, i think, it's just that when i type a letter in a text box it doesn't make letters. Instead, it either selects something from the top menu (such as File, Edit, View, Insert, Help, etc., depending on which key i type) or it plays that *bump* noise--the noise Windows XP makes when you try to backspace at the beginning of a text box or something like that. But my keyboard still works perfectly in every other way. So i do not think it's that. If you know how to fix this i'd greatly appreciate it! Thank you!

A:My computer won't let me type. But keyboard is fine, i think. Please help!

press (alt gr) on you keyboard

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/my-computer-wont-let-me-type-but-keyboard-is-fine-i-think-please-help-626275.html
Relevancy 48.59%

When I type on my Gateway Laptop, the 2nd and 3rd row of keys aren't working. For example when i type the letter m, it shows up as mj. 2 letters show up for each key that I type on the 2nd and 3rd row.

Before, this happend on my laptop, and I just pushed a random key and the keys worked again. But now its happening again..

Any ideas of how to fix this or what it is?..=/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/when-i-type-a-key-in-the-2nd-row-on-my-keyboard-it-types-two-letters.515326/
Relevancy 48.59%

Key board works fine off line but once on the internet it wont allow me to enter search blocks to type. I have windows xp. and Logitec wireless keyboard...... any suggestion to fix

A:keyboard won't type in search blocks

Have you tried the basic uninstall/reinstall routine?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/192723/keyboard-wont-type-in-search-blocks/
Relevancy 48.59%

I bought my laptop about weeks ago and this has been a problem since day I tried to chat with online suppot but the chap did not help me nbsp When I type every now and then the cursor freezes and - whilst it has frozen - nbsp the subsequent letters i type do not appear Then it will unfreeze and the letters will continue as i type This happens as letters Keyboard missing type i randomly and sporadically It doesn't matter if I am typing fast Keyboard missing letters as i type or slowly it still happens nbsp As a result - say I were to type the nbsp line 'I went for a walk in the rain I saw a black dog I waved and said hello 'It might appear something like 'I went for a walk in the rin Iaw a black dog Iwaved andsaid hllo 'As ilook up at the screen i see that what i intended to type has not appeared Very frustrating and it is becoming time consuming with work Keyboard missing letters as i type and emails as nbsp i have to constantly correct nbsp It is also an issue whilst entering passwords etc nbsp Just wondering if someone can suggest help a fix nbsp for this issue nbsp Thanks in advance nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp

A:Keyboard missing letters as i type

Hello JoeyR,Welcome to the HP Forums!With the keyboard freezing, and missing letters that you type. I would suggest the following document 'Notebook Keyboard Troubleshooting (Windows 8)'. The part of the document that you will want to complete are Pressing keys does noting (keyboard is not working), and Key presses are slow to respond.Please let me know the outcome of the troubleshooting.Thank you.

I worked on behalf of HP

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Keyboard-missing-letters-as-i-type/td-p/3700852
Relevancy 48.59%

Is there an easy way for me to type in French, including accents on a USA keyboard, other than memorizing the alt codes?

A:Type French easily on USA keyboard?

You could make yourself a character store (e.g. on a notepad) from the character map that you find in All Programs > Accessories > Ease of Access. Then you copy the characters from there and paste it into the text. That is not very convenient either, but gets the job done for the occasional email or so. The notpad shortcut you can pin to the taskbar for easy access.

But if you need it frequently, I would get a French keyboard and make the appropriate settings (which you can easily switch back and forth). E.g. I am right now typing from a German keyboard - in Florida.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/132533-type-french-easily-usa-keyboard.html
Relevancy 48.59%

My keyboard wouldent type,y letters where showi.g up on screen went to restart the computer and its been stuck on the restarting screen (red says restarting with pinwheel) for 14 hours now I would of.just taken the battery out but there is no battery to take out it is a sealed back... I then thought it will eventually die but stil 14 hours later I have the pinwheel restart. If I close the laptop the screen will not shut off its as if it froze buy I can still see a mouse and move it arou.d on the screen. I also tried holding the power button down to shut down I held it down for over a minute and still nothing... Help please !!!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/keyboard-would-not-type-so-i-went-to-restart-been-stuck-o/td-p/5709537
Relevancy 48.59%

I've got a new Edge nbsp Everything was good for the first week or so nbsp I haven't been shutting it down I've just been 2 only keyboard will a 1580 6 Edge type letting it go to sleep hibernate nbsp Last night Edge 2 1580 keyboard will only type a 6 I picked it up and noticed that the fan was running nbsp Upon opening it I was unable to log in but couldn't figure out why nbsp I switched to the onscreen keyboard and was able to log in nbsp The mouse trackpad wasn't responding at all nbsp I opened Chrome and attempted to search for something and realized that no matter what key I pressed on the keyboard all it would type was 's nbsp which would explain why my password was incorrect nbsp I decided to reboot the laptop and see what would happen but it doesn't appear to actually shut down nbsp Even when I click Shut down well tap on the screen - the screen goes dark power button continues to blink slowly nbsp This is a brand new laptop and my first experience with Lenovo - but it's about to go back to the store nbsp I can't even find much information about the Edge at all almost like it's a really out of date machine - but it's got the brand new chipset that was just introduced in November and it came pre-installed with Windows so it can't be that old nbsp Makes me want to fire up my year old Dell D running Windows XP - it still works perfectly Solved Go to Solution

A:Edge 2 1580 keyboard will only type a 6

BestBuy declared the laptop defective and gave me a new one.  We'll see how well the new one works, I haven't had a chance to even boot it up yet.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/Edge-2-1580-keyboard-will-only-type-a-6/td-p/2246102
Relevancy 48.59%

Regional settings are english.

Keyboard Properties:
Imput Language ..English
Hot keys for imput locales...
Switch between.... Key sequence--None
Switch to English....Key sequence--None

This is what types out on the Home Row.

ASDFGH123+'

Can anyone help me straighten this out?

Thanks-

Relevancy 48.59%

I have a Compaq laptop model Presario cq 56 that some of the letter keys wont type. The ones it wont type are; 6 7 y u h j m n. Would anyone know what would cause that? Ive noticed those letters run in a diagonal line from left to right down the keyboard. Would it be a blown sensor or something like that?

Relevancy 48.59%

I need to change this keyboard ---> COMPAL P/N PK13CW10180 - Darfon P/N 99.N5682.30E - MODEL NSK-T430E - K000016100 WK442K - ITALIAN LANGUAGE
but, on the internet, the only models I found they have these features ---> MODEL MP-03436I0-698 - P/N PK13CW10280 - K000016100 WKA16K - ITALIAN LANGUAGE

The only difference I've seen looking at the pictures is the flat that connects the keyboard to the motherboard.
My doubt is on functionality and if they are hardware compatible.

Can anyone help me in this choice?

Many Thanks for all

Michele

A:Keyboard type on Satellite M30X-130

Satellite M30X is pretty old notebook model so I think you should not have big problems to obtain new keyboard. I had similar problem on my old Satellite M70 and I bought new keyboard on eBay.

At this time keyboards were pretty similar and one keyboard could be used on few notebook models. eBay is good place to find keyboards and different hardware parts for old notebook models.
Unfortunately I cannot help you with this keyboard check so if you find specification that says it is compatible with M30X you can buy it.

Don't spend a lot of money for it. as I wrote before on eBay you can find keyboards for reasonable price.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?85188-Keyboard-type-on-Satellite-M30X-130
Relevancy 48.59%

I am at the main password prompt but my kb is not typing one of the letters in my password. Anything I can do?

A:My keyboard doesn't allow me to type one of the letters in m...

Perhaps I can be given a new password and use the steps as if I forgot the other one.... I can't yor b c v 5 6

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/My-keyboard-doesn-t-allow-me-to-type-one-of-the-letters-in/td-p/5609807
Relevancy 48.59%

Hey all I have been reading this forum letters problem, Keyboard type some cannot and tried using the same stuff to get rid of the keyboard problem I have but it wont go away So basically i cannot type letters t u o p j etc on my keyboard anymore I have Avira antivirus on my Acer laptop Windows XP Service Pack but obviosly i didn t work as i got some bad viruses on my laptop I was able to ge rid of them with Malwarebytes Antimalvare and Super Antispyware With these programmes i Keyboard problem, cannot type some letters found for example Registry Keys Infected HKEY CURRENT USER SOFTWARE Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Ext Stats d a -d cf- a f-b Keyboard problem, cannot type some letters a-cb f fa Trojan Vundo - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully HKEY CLASSES ROOT CLSID MNDOWN Trojan PWS - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully HKEY CLASSES ROOT CLSID NOD KVBIT Trojan Frethog - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully Files Infected C WINDOWS system services Trojan PWS - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully C WINDOWS AhnRpta exe Trojan Backdoor - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully I run Hijack this Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system ZONELABS vsmon exe C Program Files CheckPoint ZAForceField IswSvc exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop sched exe C Acer eManager anbmServ exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avguard exe C WINDOWS System sesinetd exe C WINDOWS System hserver exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files DNA btdna exe C WINDOWS system OSK exe C WINDOWS system MSSWCHX EXE C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files Windows Live Contacts wlcomm exe C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe C Program Files Skype Plugin Manager skypePM exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avcenter exe C Program Files Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbam exe C Program Files Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe O - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO ZoneAlarm Toolbar - f e d- da - c -a c -dd b acd - C Program Files ZoneAlarm tbZone dll O - BHO Search Helper - EBF - F- bff-A F-B E AAC B - C Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack Search Helper SEPsearchhelperie dll O - BHO ZoneAlarm Security Engine Registrar - A A C - - D C-BD D- CB EED E - C Program Files CheckPoint ZAForceField TrustChecker bin TrustCheckerIEPlugin dll O - BHO Windows Liven kirjautumisapuohjelma - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO SkypeIEPluginBHO - AE - E C- ED - F B-F F A - C Program Files Skype Toolbars Internet Explorer skypeieplugin dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - no file O - BHO Google Dictionary Compression sdch - C D FE-E D- -BB - C E E C E - no file O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - BHO Windows Live Toolbar Helper - E A DC - - A - EA-DC EC ACF - C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar wltcore dll O - BHO JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - E E F - CE- C -BC -EABFE F C - C Program Files Java jre lib deploy jqs ie jqs plugin dll O - Toolbar ZoneAlarm Toolbar - f e d- da - c -a c -dd b acd - C Program Files ZoneAlarm tbZone dll O - Toolbar ZoneAlarm Security Engine - EE AC E -B B - EC - A -BCA A AB - C Program Files CheckPoint ZAForc... Read more

Relevancy 48.59%

hi , when I press the ALT+164 do not appear the letter ? what I can do to fix this problem I have windows 7 RTM .

I Can resolve this problem in the keyboard language area or what ?

thanks

A:How to Configure keyboard to type letter ?

Maybe because the code is ALT+0241. ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/23838-how-configure-keyboard-type-letter.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi all. I'm confused. How do you do ALT codes without the numeric keypad? I mean the Fn key is there, but then what? I have since found that you can insert them via the on screen touch keyboard, but surely you can still do this on the keyboard right? What I want to type is which is usually Fn + ALT + 130. I contacted HP support who had no idea what-so-ever. I've done a search of the site and couldn't find anything either. Anyone got any answers? Thanks, Pony

A:Want to type é but Keyboard has no Numeric Keypad

Hello Pony, I don't have an answer to make the keyboard create a numpad but I read about adding Scripts to turn certain keys into the numpad. I have not used those.I do use a work around that will hopefully help a little. Turn on the On Screen Keyboard.Type in the Search bar Run and select it.Type the letters OSK and hit Enter.When the keyboard opens, click on Options.  When the dialog box opens, tick the box for Turn on Numeric Keypad.Hit OK.  Select the Numlock key on the on screen keyboard to show the numpad.One the physical keyboard, hold the Alt key down and click on 0233 of the On Screen Numpad.( I just use the Alt key shortcuts rather than Fn+Alt. Its just easier)   Hope that helps.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Want-to-type-%C3%A9-but-Keyboard-has-no-Numeric-Keypad/td-p/5589226
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi All,

Thanks for Support.

I have a Sony laptop with 64bit Vista. WHen I type O it prits 6 and when I type 'P' it prints '*'. I connect USB keyboard, it works fine. Please support me to solve the problem. I already uninstall the keyboard drive and also try with USB keyboard unplug. But the problem is there.

Please support.

A:Laptop Keyboard keys not type exactly

hi and welcome you could try going to start control panel regional and language and try to configure the keyboard options there

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/laptop-keyboard-keys-not-type-exactly-355048.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I have a HP Envy 15-j151sa and the "Caps Lock" key has broken from the keyboard. The plastic on the hinge has broken so I'd like to buy a replacement key and hinge, but I'm having difficulty in working out which type of keyboard I have. It's backlit so i've narrowed it doen to either a HC06, HC07 or HC56 but I'd rather not order three keys and only need one. Can anybody help?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-ENVY-15-j151sa-keyboard-type/td-p/5845868
Relevancy 48.59%

Presently,i'm using a system known as "Virtual Keyboard Logger." Just tell me how safe is this security measurement. Can a 'Coronel Type' of keyboard logger steal my encripted emails?How?
I'm just computer literate.Not a 'techi.'

Respectfully,
Aeddington

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/63344/keyboard-loggercoronel-type/
Relevancy 48.59%

On my Dell Inspiron 1501 laptop I've noticed within the last week or so that whenever I try to type something that some letters don't actually get typed whenever they're pressed. I know the keys aren't sticky or anything. And I've already looked under the Device Manager for the keyboard and it said everything was working fine. I've also already tried to update my driver, but it said it was already updated.

If someone could please help me, I would really appreciate it.

A:Keyboard Dosn't Type All Letters

Welcome
The first thing that I would try is to use a new keyboard to try and isolate the problem.
How to Add an External Keyboard to Your Laptop - For Dummies

Try with a clean boot
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135
If that does not work, then it is software. Try a system restore from before the problem

Make a full anti virus scan
Download and make a full scan with malwarebytes..

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/289746-keyboard-dosnt-type-all-letters.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Can anyone tell me if you can install a driver to fix my Xp laptop keyboard. When i try to send an Email it types out a load of rubbish. It seems like somehow the keys are'nt connecting properly.

A:Help!! My xp laptop keyboard won't type properly.

Does it happen when you do email? How about when you type anything in Notepad or Wordpad?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/help-my-xp-laptop-keyboard-wont-type-properly-345307.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi,

I ran into an extremely frustrating situation: somehow the US keyboard layout disappeared from the list of installed layouts. Without it, I can't type my password at the login screen. I was left with a Hebrew keyboard, which has Hebrew letters and uppercase English letters. Unfortunately my password was in lowercase.
Any ideas before I re-install?

Thanks,

Ron

A:English keyboard gone - can't type password

type keyboard language into start menu search box and click on change keyboards or other input methods in the results pane on the left

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/131600-english-keyboard-gone-cant-type-password.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Weird one this my wife is running a brand new computer with Windows installed One of her app's given to her by her employer on her intranet which collects financial information from customers has a Confirm button Occasionally once or twice a day when she clicks it immediately the windows run box Win-R pops up but the only letter the keyboard now generates is r I assume that the run box opens because of the r So now if she goes to any open app window and types she keyboard a "r" type in the app causes button clicking to gets rrrrr etc So far the only solution seems to be to clicking a button in app causes the keyboard to type "r" reboot - however she gets time docked off her pay if this happens so it is not merely an inconvienience My only thought was that somehow some kind of sticky key sequence has been initiated or that a key was stuck down on the keyboard maybe ALT - but this is not the cause Any thoughts as to what might be causing this and or how to escape from the situation without a reboot Cheers Drewyd

A:clicking a button in app causes the keyboard to type "r"

I had a similar problem on one of my Windows 8 systems.  I went to the local computer store, and bought a $4 keyboard, switched, and haven't had the problem since.  For $4 it's sure worth a try!

Good luck.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/536941/clicking-a-button-in-app-causes-the-keyboard-to-type-r/
Relevancy 48.16%

i have a gateway laptop that for some reason wont type anything in the password box to log into windows. the mouse works fine, keyboard works everywhere else but that password box. the onboard keyboard doesn't work either, i click apply but nothing happens, I've Tried F8 and did all the safe modes, password still cant be entered. i've pretty much tried every option in F8, when i try to do recovery it has an error sometimes ive done it more than a few times to see if it changes. a few times the error didn't show, but nothing changed for the login situation, system recovery doesn't do anything either.

note. i can't log into the computer at all and everywhere all my responses have been to download software or go to run/ system manager, ext. ext. i can't do any of that because i cant log on

Relevancy 48.16%

Ok I m fixing a friend s computer see log below when on won't typing Internet... only Keyboard or URL's text type...but and he just started about a week ago not being able to type on Internet Explorer but it works with any other software application AND it works with AOL IM I thought it might be a filled cache so I cleared that and history cookies etc still no go I thought it might be Internet Explorer so I downloaded Netscape same thing happens I went to Microsoft s website and looked for windows XP updates still same problem This just Keyboard won't type...but only when typing URL's or text on Internet... started happening a week ago any thoughts I was thinking maybe needs updated keyboard drivers or something Any help would be appreciated Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C Keyboard won't type...but only when typing URL's or text on Internet... WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system sessmgr exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Roxio Easy Media Creator Drag to Disc DrgToDsc exe C WINDOWS SM BG EXE C Program Files Common Files AOL ee AOLSoftware exe C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files ScanSoft OmniPageSE OpwareSE exe C WINDOWS system cdromdrivesys exe C PROGRA AIM aim exe C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasDtServ exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files LimeWire LimeWire exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Documents and Settings Steve Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www aimtoday com R - URLSearchHook AOLTBSearch Class - EA Keyboard won't type...but only when typing URL's or text on Internet... - - DB- F -D CA FB C D - C Program Files AOL AOL Toolbar aoltb dll O - BHO Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO AOL Toolbar Launcher - C - CB - A -B F - EA C F - C Program Files AOL AOL Toolbar aoltb dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar AOL Toolbar - DE C F- - A - B-AA ED D - C Program Files AOL AOL Toolbar aoltb dll O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar Easy-WebPrint - C -E D- c -AA D- AC BABA C - C Program Files Canon Easy-WebPrint Toolband dll O - HKLM Run RoxioDragToDisc quot C Program Files Roxio Easy Media Creator Drag to Disc DrgToDsc exe quot O - HKLM Run SM BG C WINDOWS SM BG EXE O - HKLM Run gcasServ quot C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasServ exe quot O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run HostManager C Program Files Common Files AOL ee AOLSoftware exe O - HKLM Run ViewMgr C Program Files Viewpoint Viewpoint Manager ViewMgr exe O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe O - HKLM Run OpwareSE quot C Program Files ScanSoft OmniPageSE OpwareSE exe quot O - HKLM Run CDROMDrivers cdromdrivesys exe O - HKLM RunServices CDROMDrivers cdromdrivesys exe O - HKCU Run AIM C PROGRA AIM aim exe -cnetwait odl O - HKCU Run Aim quot C Program Files Common Files AO... Read more

A:Keyboard won't type...but only when typing URL's or text on Internet...

Anyone?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keyboard-wont-type-but-only-when-typing-urls-or-text-on-internet.432222/
Relevancy 48.16%

What's a good way to stop the keys from skipping leters when I type? This just started happening, and this system is only a year old.
thanks-

A:Keyboard keys skipping letters when I type

I think we are going to need a bit more info here....are they skipping completely? or are they just delayed? Do any of the keys on your keyboard appear to be stuck lower than the others? Have you spilled anything on your keyboard lately? Make sure it's connected securely to the computer and moving sometimes loosens connections. Also, maybe if you have some canned air, you can blow out around the keys.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keyboard-keys-skipping-letters-when-i-type.39856/
Relevancy 48.16%

This is a laptop Advanta brand. After keyboard crush I exchange for another one. Part of the keys working fine, part not. Some of them shows upper marks, which usually goes with Shift. Other shows numbers instead of letters. Totally mess.

I connected regular keobard just for the test and works fine.

Is this a keyboard problem? (Seller assures 100% work ) Or rather computer system?

What eventually I can check?

A:Laptop keyboard type wrong keys

sounds like a key is stuck down

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-keyboard-type-wrong-keys.849571/
Relevancy 48.16%

If you open Mozilla or Explorer in order to search for something on the Internet, the keyboard only types Numbers.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/440087-after-upgrade-keyboard-cannot-type-letters-only-numbers.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I figured out how to do the French characters such as ? or ?, but i can't figure out the shortcuts for things such as ? or ?, even though the keyboard has buttons for them.

help? thanks.

A:how do i type the special characters shown on my keyboard?

I don't know if you can assign keys to the characters, but you can enter them
ANSI Special Characters

and for more than you ever wanted to know about character encoding
Character encoding - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

edit: This is probably a better reference - scroll down the page to see all ASCII chars

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/260587-how-do-i-type-special-characters-shown-my-keyboard.html
Relevancy 48.16%

This started about a month ago and is slowly driving me insane.
Regular function as in office word or notepad or photoshop no problem
but internet email etc extremely lagged. Even mouse seems slower in internet

A:Lag between type on keyboard and appearance on screen internet only

I'd take a look at the add-ons in IE...and disable such one by one, checking for changed behavior.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/385725/lag-between-type-on-keyboard-and-appearance-on-screen-internet-only/
Relevancy 48.16%

Using a Microsoft Wireless Keyboard 3000 v2.0.

Every time I type a double E, I only get a single one, unless I pause between each keypress. Other letters don't seem to do it (I suppose I might type double Es faster?). Those of you with a background in electronics will know about "debouncing" - ignoring two very close together signals from a switch as it mechanically "bounces" off the contacts. I'm thinking maybe the setting is too long for this keyboard?

A:Keyboard too slow - can't type double E quickly

Control Panel> Keyboard> Character repeat, you have two settings; Repeat delay and Repeat rate.
Changing Repeat delay to >>Short should correct this.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/220287-keyboard-too-slow-cant-type-double-e-quickly.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I have tried with the alt plus the code and it does not work.
I have changed the setting to Spanish keyboard and it does nott work
Please I need help?
Regards

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19987364
Relevancy 48.16%

Often, I cannot type and dialog boxes open up instead.  For Example if I type the letter D then dialog box for favorites open.  If I type the letter P the print menus appears.  It seems like the control key is stuck or something.  This gets very annoying because I have to reboot my system.  Am I infected?

Also I cannot change my search engine preference.  It is stuck on Yahoo and I had it set to Google.

A:Cannot Type on Keyboard dialog boxes open up instead

What type of computer do you have - desktop or laptop ?  Make and model ?

It does sound like your diagnosis is very probably correct and to check it can you connect another keyboard ?  Basic USB keyboards are very cheap if you can't beg, borrow or steal one to try. External USB keyboards will work with a laptop.

If you have a desktop and it turns out the Control key is stuck I would just replace the keyboard. You can do the same for a laptop but you need to check the manual, and possibly the service manual if you can find one on-line, to see what is involved. Alternatively, search on YouTube for 'Make and model, replace keyboard' and you are almost certain to find a video which will show you what is involved. Again, laptop keyboards are generally fairly cheap, it is just the amount of work involved in changing that makes it hard but even this varies dramatically from one model to another.

Chris Cosgrove

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/607233/cannot-type-on-keyboard-dialog-boxes-open-up-instead/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello everybody. I've got a problem with my W8. I've got a computer who use French France AZERTY keyboard, and my Mini Laptop who use French Belgium AZERTY (not the same set of special char). BUT on my Windows 7, settings where stored locally on the computer. In Windows 8, it seems that it's stored with the online sync. And my mini laptop already change his settings to AZERTY France instead of AZERTY Belgium. How to force Windows 8 to store settings locally and bypass online sync ? Thanks a lot for your help

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/16531-how-manage-two-type-keyboard-single-account.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello, techguys! I have a weird problem. My laptop (HP Pavilion dv6000 running Vista Ultimate) has occasions where I can't type certain letters in a google search box, but when I switch to another tab that's open, it types normally. This has happened 3 or 4 times in the last couple of weeks. I can't imagine that cleaning is an issue, since it types normally in another browser tab. This has me baffled. Any ideas? Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keyboard-wont-type-certain-letters-in-certain-search-boxes.983734/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello I've been looking here in Bucharest 2 months for a laptop lenovo Z510 and couldn't find. Can anyone assist me please? Thanks 

A:Lenovo laptop keyboard " Ideapad " Type Z510

Hi OMARDAKAR , 

Welcome to the Community Forums.

Using the part number for your keyboard on your search would allow you to find compatible and available keyboard in your location faster . You may use the parts lookup page to get it (just keep your serial number confidential) that would show your Machine model number and likewise FRU part number for your keyboard. 

You can try it match it from the FRU keyboard part number list from the hardware manual (page100-103). 

Update us with the Machine model number if needed . 
Hope this help answer your query.

Regards

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-IdeaPad-100-305-500-Edge/Lenovo-laptop-keyboard-quot-Ideapad-quot-Type-Z510/td-p/3354710
Relevancy 47.73%

in notepad i just hit shift and if I wanna type the dollar sign and all the others it works, but in firefox it doesnt since yesterday...please help. I'm using european keyboard and i have all settings set right in language options

EDIT- it only doesnt work in FF in google chrome I tried and all works okay.

A:Solved: Cant type % # ( ) etc letters on keyboard when hitting shift?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-cant-type-etc-letters-on-keyboard-when-hitting-shift.932021/
Relevancy 47.73%

I don t know what has happened to my computer but suddenly it has a mind of its own and pretends that I have typed in a shortcut when I haven t These Solved: shortcuts suddenly didn't uses in! Keyboard type I are When I type on the keyboard not numeric pad it refreshes the page in firefox and makes it hard to type emails typing in Word causes it to open a Go to search window when all I wanted was Solved: Keyboard suddenly uses shortcuts I didn't type in! to actually type one The biggest problem is when I type z just the letter no other keys it acts as if it was Z and CTRL pressed but I haven t pressed CTRL at all Things are deleted randomly after typing suddenly it often goes back as much as the last paragraph too What I ve done to attempt to fix it Disabled sticky keys and filter keys in Windows Run Solved: Keyboard suddenly uses shortcuts I didn't type in! various antivirus software like Avast Malwarebytes Superantispyware and these don t come up with anything or just show a list of harmless cookies I have manually cleaned the keyboard so there are no stuck keys The keyboard is not USB it is the PS port round port type I don t have any restore points past th Feb and already tried to restore to th feb same the problem remains Keyboard testing software both freeware and non-free show that when I press Z the keyboard acts like it CTRL Z pressed when I press test shows F has been pressed when I haven Solved: Keyboard suddenly uses shortcuts I didn't type in! t Please help me I can buy a new keyboard if it is just a hardware issue but I feel it is not Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Ultimate Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Pentium R CPU G GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASRock H M-DGS Antivirus avast Antivirus Updated and Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 47.73%

So when I turn my laptop on I cant press any keyboard keys. Except For M Which Is For Enter. If I Hold Down The Alt then the esc both together I can type every key except for T, Y, G, And H. So I Was Wondering How To Fix That.Remember That I Cant Pass My Password Because It Includes A T Wich Is One Of The Non working Letters. PLEASE HELP

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Keyboard-Does-Not-Work-on-Windows-8-1-boot-Cant-Type-My/td-p/5716781
Relevancy 47.73%

My computer was working fine no problem i had updates to do for windows the were for visual studios so i cant see a connection but after restarting my mouse and keyboard don't do anything on the password screen They do both work in the bios and i have tried a suggestion on a different thread to power down disconnect keyboard and mouse then restart on keyboard mouse or type with Cant screen login move and when back onto Cant move mouse or type with keyboard on login screen the login screen re-connect them and they should get recognized s new devices and work but it does not I tried booting safe mode still they don't work i even tried restoring back days previous but get an error it says did not complete no files were changed and that it failed to extract a file file name from the restore point it was damaged or deleted during the restore This has come at a very very bad time typically but i need access to my computer so if anyone has a quick responce i would very much appreciate it

A:Cant move mouse or type with keyboard on login screen

wire or wireless keyboard/mouse. did you try another? when you are in bios, is the system clock right? If not, could be the bios battery. usually one of the first things to go is the mouse and keybaord when the battery is bad.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/cant-move-mouse-or-type-with-keyboard-on-login-screen-987769.html
Relevancy 47.73%

This is the strangest error I have EVER seen in XP. I find no mention of this phenomenon anywhere on the web so perhaps I am the first? I surely hope not.

I have a Dell laptop with an integrated keyboard (i.e. built-in). Suddenly, and with no good reason, today my keyboard is acting strangely. Some letters I have to hit 3 times before they type. Others twice. And yet others behave as normal. The correct letter will eventually appear but my Lord no one should have to hit any character on the keyboard more than once.

I need this fixed ASAP because I am taking this PC out of the country with me and I have to be productive.

Help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A:Windows XP - Keyboard - some letters I have to type multiple times for them to appear

Laptop keyboard problem

This could be a failing keyboard matrix, fairly simple to order a new one from Dell and fit. Or it could be the keyboard software faulty. A way to check for a failing keyboard, is to plug in a separate keyboard, into a USB socket. If all works well, then the fault is the Laptop's keyboard. Hope that helps, if only to eliminate one possible problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-xp-keyboard-some-letters-i-have-to-type-multiple-times-for-them-to-appear.153692/
Relevancy 47.73%

I have recently built a new computer, and it has been working fine. The only major problem I have run into is my AULA BE FIRE Expert Gaming Keyboard has stopped working. The back lights are working, but none of the keys type. I have tested other keyboards on my computer and they all work fine. Also, I have tested the keyboard on other computers and it does not work. I was wondering if anyone else has encountered this problem or if anyone knows how I could fix it. Could it be some sort of driver issue?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/394083-aula-expert-gaming-keyboard-keys-dont-type.html
Relevancy 47.73%

In Windows 7 I still use the US International keyboard settings, because I often type in English, German, French, Italian and some other languages.

The settings still work - characters like ?, ? etc. are still within easy reach. But with one exception: The German 'sharp S', the ? sign, doesn't work.

The Ctrl-Alt-S or AltGr-S combination that is supposed to make ?, now deactives the window I'm typing in. It will still be full screen but not active. It is not a feature of one program only because it happens both in Firefox and in Open Office.

So it looks like Ctrl-Alt-S is a Windows shortcut for something, but for what? And how do I disable it or make sure my keyboard settings override it?

A:Ctrl-Alt-s does not type anymore (US International keyboard layout)

Welcome to Seven Forums eti. That is a Word shortcut, but not a valid windows shortcut.

Windows Keyboard Shortcuts ? Alt+Ctrl+S: Split the screen in Microsoft Word

A Guy

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/107824-ctrl-alt-s-does-not-type-ss-anymore-us-international-keyboard-layout.html
Relevancy 47.73%

My keyboard was acting a little strange after my younger child was playing on my 2012 ish Dell PC. I went into my device manager and somehow changed some setting and now the keyboard doesn't work at all, only beeps when keys are pressed. I tried disconnecting the keyboard and that did not help, neither did replacing it. I think it is a setting that I shouldn't have done, but I can't figure out how to fix it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keyboard-doesnt-type-only-beeps-each-time-i-press-a-key.1167735/
Relevancy 47.73%

I do 70% of my typing in English and 30% in Spanish. Is there any tweak to make the keyboard to
a. toggle between those 2 languages ...
or...
b. have about 20 special characters to be readily available with the existing keyboard? (hot keys ?)

If so, how could they be set?

Thank you for responding to this

A:Keyboard tweaks to type special characters from a second language

Just to help out others that may come across the same issue, i just happened to solve my problem. Here is the link for a small yet very effective solution Type Spanish Accents Easily! - One Hour Programming - Programming for the Rest of Us

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/239022-keyboard-tweaks-type-special-characters-second-language.html
Relevancy 47.73%

This is a new one.  My mother-in-law was having some problems with her wireless keyboard.  It was pretty old, so I decided to buy a new keyboard.  The keyboard works much better, but there are some weird hicups.  For example, I can type the letters "c" and "v" everywhere except for the Start Menu dialogue box (Search programs and files).  This is quite strange.  I ran a SuperAntiSpyware scan (this is what she had installed) and it only pulled up some tracking cookies, etc.  Nothing suspicious.  This is something new and weird for me.  

Any ideas?

Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/572084/brand-new-keyboard-wont-type-certain-letters-in-certain-dialogue-boxes/
Relevancy 47.73%

Just bought an AIO Qosmio px30t-a-14r / windows 8.1

At power-up, during first setup, I had to choose language and keyboard setting.

I choose language: englisch-uk.
For the keyboard I had the choice of 3 types:
- belgian comma
- belgian dot (or point?)
- belgian french
I did choose belgian comma.

However, further down the setup process I could test key response of the keyboard with this setup.
This was the wrong setting.

How do I change it to 'belgian dot' or 'belgian french'.
Should be one of these 2 but I do not know how to change it.

Has anybode a suggestion?

thanks
RC

A:Qosmio PX30T-A-14r: How to change keyboard language type

This is not very tricky:
Press the Windows key + C to open your Charms.. Then select the Settings charm, and then click Change PC settings. Click Time and language, then select Region and language. On the right, select your language and the click Options. Click Add a keyboard and then select the keyboard you want from the list.
This will add your selection to the Keyboards list.
You can remove a keyboard by clicking on it then click Remove.
Furthermore you can also add multiple keyboard layouts and switch between them when needed.

You can switch between your keyboard layouts clicking on the current language and keyboard in the lower right, and then select a keyboard layout. Or you can use the 2nd method: On your desktop you will see your current language in the lower right corner beside the clock. Click on your current language and choose a keyboard layout.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?76192-Qosmio-PX30T-A-14r-How-to-change-keyboard-language-type
Relevancy 47.73%

This is weird occasionally as I open up firefox and go to enter text into any field I notice that I am unable to type Instead what happens is if I hit a key such as F which is linked to a windows shortcut for files the files search menu pops up even though i never pressed the shortcuts 8 unable to type Windows - keyboard locked windows key at any time This problem isn't just limited to firefox once it is started I have a very hard time getting it to being able to type normally So if there is no shortcut linked to that key there is no input otherwise i get the shortcuts H - share Q - search etc Restarting doesn't always work sometimes all it takes is excessive clicking of a search bar other times just closing an internet broswer Pressing the windows key does nothing and I haven't been able to find a concrete fix for the issue Is there a way to fix and or avoid this completely

A:Windows 8 keyboard shortcuts locked - unable to type

Here are some things to check..

1) Reset Firefox - https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb...-most-problems

2) Open Control Panel > Clock, Language, and Region > Change input methods

**Verify you are using the correct keyboard layout.

3) It is possible to completely disable Windows shortcuts by adding a registry value.

To disable the Windows logo key:

a) Open Regedit

b) navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Keyboard Layout

c) Name: "Scancode Map"

Type: REG_BINARY (Binary Value)

Value Data: "00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 03 00 00 00 00 00 5B E0 00 00 5C E0 00 00 00 00"

d) Log-out to apply changes

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/37086-windows-8-keyboard-shortcuts-locked-unable-type.html