Windows Support Forum

BSOD while playing certain Steam games, appears video driver related.

Q: BSOD while playing certain Steam games, appears video driver related.

System Specs Samsung Series Laptop Model BSOD games, video while appears related. playing driver Steam certain NP V C Age About months CPU Intel Core i M GHz RAM gigs GPU AMD Radeon HD M BSOD Description I was playing Portal tonight for roughly minutes when on a loading screen the game froze Next there was some short vertical multicoloured lines that were overlaid BSOD while playing certain Steam games, appears video driver related. on the loading screen that kinda looked like a small barcode repeated over and over in a line The system then crashed to the BSOD The BSOD itself said that quot attempt to reset the display driver and recover from timeout failed quot I did take a picture of it if anyone wants me to upload that The game is a fresh install done just last night I have had this problem before with Portal hence the reinstall and I also have had it with Dear Esther and Fallout New Vegas At first I thought that my computer was trying to run the games on the integrated HD on the CPU so I set my laptop to high performance and plugged it into the wall so it would hopefully only run on the AMD GPU Dear Esther and Fallout both appear to be fine previously they crashed on start up but I was able to play about minutes of each last night but Portal crashed again tonight To my knowledge my graphics card drivers are up to date as the version number on my computer matches that on the Samsung website I am relatively certain it has not overheated as I always run Core Temp in the background keep the vents clear and it never gets about C according to Core Temp and I've had it run there for hours while playing other games and there was no issue Thank you for your time and any help you might throw my way If you need any more information just let me know please

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: BSOD while playing certain Steam games, appears video driver related.

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: BSOD while playing certain Steam games, appears video driver related.

Welcome aboard.

It is a stop 0x116.

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 116, {fffffa801382e4e0, fffff88003928af4, 0, 2}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\atikmpag.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atikmpag.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmpag.sys
Probably caused by : atikmpag.sys ( atikmpag+7af4 )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------
In this situation you need to follow the guide : STOP 0x116: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR troubleshooting

But, as I am seeing, the display driver is kinda old.

Code:
lmvm atikmpag
start end module name
fffff880`03921000 fffff880`03976000 atikmpag T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: atikmpag.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\atikmpag.sys
Image name: atikmpag.sys
Timestamp: Wed Apr 18 15:27:24 2012 (4F8E9004)
CheckSum: 0005E584
ImageSize: 00055000
Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
Update it. Latest AMD Catalyst Video Driver for Windows 7

If it is still crashing, follow the guide entirely.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/264285-bsod-while-playing-certain-steam-games-appears-video-driver-related.html
Relevancy 84.01%

Hey,

since a few days I experience BSOD while playing/starting Steam games (noticed it the first while playing Payday 2, tried Space Engineers later and it happened there too).

This only happens while playing or starting Steam games, I played WoW for hours now without any problems but as soon as I try to play a Steam game I get a BSOD. Also my games now got black borders which I was able to fix for Payday but it's still strange that they appeared at the same time as the BSOD.

My Specs:

CPU: Intel i2500k

GPU: Asus HD Radeon 7950 (AMD Graphic card)

Mainboard: Asrock Z68 Extreme4 Gen 3

Power Supply: be quiet! Straight Power E9-CM 480W ATX 2.4

RAM: TeamGroup Elite Series DIMM Kit 8GB, DDR3-1333

Please let me know if I forgot any specific logs/specs or any other information you need to help me.

A:BSOD while playing/starting steam related games

It seems like I found the problem, noticed heat spikes for my GPU and CPU, increased my cooling and so far it works fine.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/365642-bsod-while-playing-starting-steam-related-games.html
Relevancy 106.21%

The title is pretty self-explanatory; I keep getting BSOD on steam games, particularly DotA and Civ V. I've been supremely bored without my vidjya, so any help would be much appreciated! I've attached the requisite BSOD paperwork, and am pasting some more stuff, and my system specs should be in my profile.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 124
BCP1: 0000000000000000
BCP2: FFFFFA8008323028
BCP3: 00000000B6004000
BCP4: 00000000DC000175
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\061114-19515-01.dmp
C:\Users\Andrew\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-27580-0.sysdata.xml

Bug Check Code:

0x00000124

Caused by Driver:

hal.dll

Last Two attempted addresses
Filename: Address in Stack:

hal.dll hal.dll+12a3b

ntoskrnl.exe ntoskrnl.exe+18c463

A:BSOD playing Steam games, Bug 0x00000124, Driver: hal.dll+12a3b

Hello, and welcome to SevenForums!

First of all, have you overclocked your graphics card at all?

The 0x00000124 error code appears during a hardware complaint, such as overheating. If you have overclocked your GPU, RESET IT IMMEDIATELY. This could be causing numerous critical errors in your GPU, causing the whole system to crash. Also, overclocking can severely damage your GPU. I would only recommend it if you know what you are doing and are not just following a tutorial.

But, this could be other things too. I see that your GPU driver is WAY out-of-date. Download the latest drivers via the AMD website.

Best of luck,

PeregrineX

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/335037-bsod-playing-steam-games-bug-0x00000124-driver-hal-dll-12a3b.html
Relevancy 104.92%

Good day everyone BEFORE READING I updated the info of this old thread because I found the source of the problem read the UPDATE at the end As the topic title says im gettin some BSOD after playing games for like - minutes DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL lt ----- This is what I see in the MEMORY DMP after using WinDbg application It seems there is some driver problems Some USB Port thingy and random MpKsl dd d services drivers-Added image but im not sure thats why Im posting this here EDIT I also quot fixed quot an AOD Driver issue after posting this lol I will attach the DUMP and System health files Entire MERMORY dmp file ADDITIONAL SYSTEM INFO - x -bit or x x When - related. playing BSOD games Driver - the original installed OS on the system No Windows - an OEM or full retail version Full Retail - What is the age of system hardware About - years old - What is the age of OS installation have you re-installed the OS months reinstalled Im using the latest Nvidia Driver released Thanks for the help UPDATE Found the real issue Punkbuster Yes the games I play use Punkbuster Now about the problem Punkbuster have always had problem with Realtek integrated sound cards wich relate to my crashes freezes and BSODs with looping sound BSOD When playing games - Driver related. Im currently trying to get in contact with Realtek about this issue quot How are you sure this is the problem quot you say Well basically after DISABLING the onboard sound and playing the games for hours BSOD When playing games - Driver related. and hours gave me no crashes The solution there is no solution At least fixing it But the best one is to get an external sound card being an USB sound card the best solution to this Markes as unsolved lol

A:BSOD When playing games - Driver related.

Problem Devices:
Code:
MpKsl497dd46d ROOT\LEGACY_MPKSL497DD46D\0000 This device is not present, not working properly or does not have all the drivers installed.
MpKsl5cb65dec ROOT\LEGACY_MPKSL5CB65DEC\0000 This device is not present, not working properly or does not have all the drivers installed.
MpKsla11f4701 ROOT\LEGACY_MPKSLA11F4701\0000 This device is not present, not working properly or does not have all the drivers installed.
The above are related to Microsoft Security Essentials. It looks like it was not properly uninstalled when you removed it and replaced it with avast!. I had a similar problem with another antivirus program that I resolved with Hardware devices are not working or are not detected in Windows.
No .dmp files included in your crash reports. If you ran CCleaner after the most recent crash, that would explain the missing .dmps. Please refrain from using file cleaning programs, such as CCleaner, for the duration of your troubleshooting.
Your BugCheck does indeed indicate a driver issue. Until you have .dmps for us, we cannot determine which driver.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/234326-bsod-when-playing-games-driver-related.html
Relevancy 102.34%

I've gotten this many times while playing video games or watching streams/video online in chrome. I got this computer 3 days ago... I downloaded dropbox, skype and some other random apps, but nothing crazy that i can think of.

I feel like it is video card related, I have a NVIDIA GeForce GT 525M and Intel(R) HD Graphics Family under "Display Adapters".

Problem signature:

BCCode: 1e
BCP1: 0000000000000000
BCP2: 0000000000000000
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: 0000000000000000

I have a Dell XPS 15, Intel Core i5-2450M @2.5GHz (Not overclocked)

I just switched to PC after 8 years of Mac OSX, and this is not the way I thought I would be greeted again.

Please help, it would make my day.

Attached is my minidump in a zip.

A:BSOD When playing games or watching stream (seems video related)

Happened again, watching a stream. I hope it's not due to over heating.....

Problem signature:

BCCode: c4
BCP1: 0000000000000091
BCP2: 0000000000000002
BCP3: FFFFF80003002CC0
BCP4: 0000000000000000

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/262204-bsod-when-playing-games-watching-stream-seems-video-related.html
Relevancy 91.16%

Dumps are attached. the BSoD's normally occur while I'm playing certain games on steam, namely Flatout: Ultimate Carnage, Red Orchestra 2, Killing Floor
I have had the computer since Christmas and I had to reinstall windows twice because of Dell technical support being notorious for telling me to wipe my drive and reinstall windows and then they had a tech remote access my computer and download the necessary drivers.

A:BSoD while playing certain games on Steam

Your .dmp file shows a stop error of 0x124 which is a general hardware error .

Quote:
A "stop 0x124" is fundamentally different to many other types of bluescreens because it stems from a hardware complaint.

Stop 0x124 minidumps contain very little practical information, and it is therefore necessary to approach the problem as a case of hardware in an unknown state of distress

Some generic advice.

If you are overclocking STOP. Return to the default settings at least for now.
If you are running a RAID update its driver.
You can read more on this error and what to try here... Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/212383-bsod-while-playing-certain-games-steam.html
Relevancy 91.16%

Hello
Recently I have been receiving a periodic BSOD on my computer. During game play, the window will become clear and minimise. The game will not recover and the event log shows the following error : "Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding and has successfully recovered." The computer continues to function until a game starts. For some games it BSODs on launch, others it happens once it loads a level. I have tried a clean install and driver updates. This does not happen every time, and in some games (such as CS:GO) disabling multi core rendering seems to avoid this issue. Hopefully someone can give me a hand with this.
Thanks in advance.
Bax7er

A:BSOD playing various steam games.

Hello Bax7er, and welcome to the Forums. I will try to help you if I can. All of your dump files are the same except the first one. The first one says

Code:
BugCheck 1E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff8800aedd410, 0, 0}
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for vsdatant.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for vsdatant.sys
Probably caused by : vsdatant.sys ( vsdatant+14a49 )
That is your ZoneAlarm Anti Virus.

The rest of them are all

Code:
VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (116)
Attempt to reset the display driver and recover from timeout failed.
Arguments:
Arg1: fffffa800b7933c0, Optional pointer to internal TDR recovery context (TDR_RECOVERY_CONTEXT).
Arg2: fffff88004a0b848, The pointer into responsible device driver module (e.g. owner tag).
Arg3: 0000000000000000, Optional error code (NTSTATUS) of the last failed operation.
Arg4: 0000000000000002, Optional internal context dependent data.
Debugging Details:
That is a TDR failure (Time Delay and Response) it basically means your drivers crashed and did not recover in time. This is the driver you are using.

Code:
atikmpag
start end module name
fffff880`04a00000 fffff880`04a96000 atikmpag T (no symbols)
Timestamp: Thu Nov 20 20:08:54 2014 (546E9EB6)
CheckSum: 00093077
ImageSize: 00096000
As you can see, it needs updating. I am going to give you some suggestions of how to get a clean install of the driver and not use a lot of the stuff they include with them which can conflict with other drivers.

I am going to give you some links that will help you get a good clean install and not have any drivers you don't need that will conflict with other drivers. Download a WHQL driver from Latest AMD Catalyst Video Driver for Windows 7 . Once you have them downloaded, uninstall you current driver from control panel. next clean up any left over drivers from following this tutorial Drivers - Clean Left over Files after Uninstalling and select only ATI Display Drivers. After you have done that and rebooted, install the new driver, only select custom install and install only what you have to. Very few people need most of what they include. You do not need the audio/HDMI drivers as you already have that in your Motherboard drivers. Unless there is some reason you need them, the only thing you really need is the Display Driver.

As far as the ZoneAlarm, if it were me I would uninstall it using these instructions Free Antivirus + Firewall Uninstall help. and replace it with Microsoft Security Essentials (Microsoft Security Essentials - Microsoft Windows)

Please do those things and see if they are of any help.

I would also monitor my CPU and GPU temps at all times, especially during gaming.

I also noticed an excessive number of Windows Errors with Bulls and Cows.exe. I would check and see if there are any solutions to it and maybe reinstall the program. Otherwise it really needs to go if it can't be fixed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/365717-bsod-playing-various-steam-games.html
Relevancy 91.16%

wondering if someone could help me so my computer has been crashing these past few weeks when playing games and skyping when i play minecraft league of legends sometimes blade and soul ark survival arma 3 i get BSOD or a weird freeze where it makes a loud sound constantly and i have to turn my computer off to fix it i got more ram and that didnt seem to work so now im considering getting a new graphics card

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/390358-bsod-playing-most-steam-games.html
Relevancy 91.16%

I'm not really sure why my PC is having some problems it does it randomly when i close an app like google chrome or quit some games on Steam it goes BSOD.

Please Kindly check my log thank you!

Relevancy 91.16%

Hi,

I've been having this problem for a while now but have pretty much just been ignoring it, but its got to the stage where I can't play games without it happening. I've tried googling the errors I get but am not sure if what is coming up is specific to my problem.

I'm running windows 7 x64, I have a GTX 660SC and an i5 3570k processor. I am not overclocked. I have attached the file generated with DM Log collector, if anyone could give me any help it would be much appreciated. I believe the latest blue screen is the most frequently occurring one, although there does seem to be a few that pop up.

A:BSOD When playing some games on Steam

You have a lot of errors with stop code 124. This stop code relates to hardware errors. Analyzing one of the dump file shows that there is problem with CPU cache:

===============================================================================
Section 2 : x86/x64 MCA
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Descriptor @ fffffa8009fbe138
Section @ fffffa8009fbe2c0
Offset : 664
Length : 264
Flags : 0x00000000
Severity : Fatal

Error : GCACHEL2_ERR_ERR (Proc 0 Bank 8)
Address : 0x00000000b6a0b680
Misc. : 0x0000001082000086

My recommendations are:

- try to monitor processor temperature envinroment with one of the popular utility like HWMonitor;
- try to detect defective capacitors on motheboard
- try to verify work of power suply

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/397377-bsod-when-playing-some-games-steam.html
Relevancy 91.16%

I have been crashing or shutting down when playing games, could someone help me?

A:BSOD playing any steam games

Update the BIOS to version FC
GIGABYTE - Moederbord - Socket AM3+ - GA-M68MT-S2 (rev. 3.1)

Temporary remove Bitdefender and use Windows Defender as alternative while troubleshooting.
https://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=40936

Code:
fffff880`064f86c8 fffff880`04903674Unable to load image \??\C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\Antivirus Free Edition\bdfwfpf.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for bdfwfpf.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for bdfwfpf.sys
bdfwfpf+0x1674
Please run CPU-Z | Softwares | CPUID, open it and make screenshots of the following tabsCPU
Mainboard
Memory
SPD*
Graphics
*SPD shows the details of each module, you can show the details by choosing different slots in the left upper corner.
Please make screenshots of each module.

Please post each screenshot in your next reply/replies.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/394214-bsod-playing-any-steam-games.html
Relevancy 91.16%

If the title is misleading, I apologize in advance, but that's the only time I've experienced this problem thus far. I have a fear that it's endangering my computer, so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

A:BSOD while playing Steam games?

Welcome
The best place to start, would be to make sure it is not a driver that is to cause. Im leaning toward hardware, but the reports were not clear at best.

Driver Verifier
I'd suggest that you first backup your data and then make sure you've got access to another computer so you can contact us if problems arise. Then make a System Restore point (so you can restore the system using the Vista/Windows 7 Startup Repair feature).

In Windows 7 you can make a Startup Repair disk by going to Start....All Programs...Maintenance...Create a System Repair Disc - with Windows Vista you'll have to use your installation disk or the "Repair your computer" option at the top of the Safe Mode menu .

Then, here's the procedure:
- Go to Start and type in "verifier" (without the quotes) and press Enter
- Select "Create custom settings (for code developers)" and click "Next"
- Select "Select individual settings from a full list" and click "Next"
- Select everything EXCEPT FOR "Low Resource Simulation" and click "Next"
- Select "Select driver names from a list" and click "Next"
Then select all drivers NOT provided by Microsoft and click "Next"
- Select "Finish" on the next page.

Reboot the system and wait for it to crash to the Blue Screen. Continue to use your system normally, and if you know what causes the crash, do that repeatedly. The objective here is to get the system to crash because Driver Verifier is stressing the drivers out. If it doesn't crash for you, then let it run for at least 36 hours of continuous operation (an estimate on my part).

If you can't get into Windows because it crashes too soon, try it in Safe Mode.
If you can't get into Safe Mode, try using System Restore from your installation DVD to set the system back to the previous restore point that you created.
Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/248003-bsod-while-playing-steam-games.html
Relevancy 91.16%

It started happening when i was just sitting watching a you tube video so i rebooted and my computer worked fine until playing saints row v with dx10/11 and it bsod'ed both times i tried playing
BILLY-PC-13_08_2016_223925_08.zip

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/399626-bsod-when-playing-steam-games.html
Relevancy 91.16%

Hi guys,

I've recently been getting random BSOD when playing games such as The Witcher 3 and Project Cars.

It doesn't seem to be a cpu temp or load issues as max temps are below 60 and load never really gets higher than 50%.

Even after observing the above I think I've traced it to be a CPU problem, but if someone were able to take a look at the attached dump file that would be great.

*edit* I have followed the rules and used the dm log collector now.

Thanks,
Dan

A:BSOD - Playing games through steam

Bump - I've run the dm log collector now and have attached the file.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/379064-bsod-playing-games-through-steam.html
Relevancy 91.16%

Ive been experiencing a BSOD whenever I play PC games e.g. Rust, CSGO.

I have not been able to find a fix for this I have tried reinstalling drivers for everything and I have also run memtest which found no errors and that is all I could really think that the problem is. This issue mostly occurs after roughly 6-10 minutes of play time, otherwise the PC runs normally. Ive checked to make sure this isn't a cooling issue which it isn't. Ive uploaded a screen cap of speccy to better help with the specs.
also I think this is and unrelated issue but certain windows updates will not install i have attached a image of this too.

A:BSOD when playing MOST steam games

Your dumps are a mixture of mainly hardware fault 124 errors and a graphics driver error which could be a knock on from the 124.

0x124's are typically related to a hardware issue and can only be isolated by stress testing the major components.

If overclocking, reset all overclocks back to their default settings and then follow these:

RAM - run for a minimum of 8 consecutive passes

RAM - Test with Memtest86+

CPU - run the HIGH test

CPU - Stress Test Using IntelBurnTest

Video - run the FURMARK test for 20mins

Graphics Card Problems - Diagnose

Video Card - Stress Test with Furmark

Storage - run the SHORT test using the DOS version

SeaTools for DOS and Windows - How to Use

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/372779-bsod-when-playing-most-steam-games.html
Relevancy 91.16%

Steam keeps crashing my PC. I have a suspicion it has something to do with the way Steam is transmitting data in online games. I can play anything from DOTA2 to StarMade and encounter the same issue. Thanks in advance for any help!

A:BSOD playing Steam Games

Code:

Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.2.9200.20512 X86
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Loading Dump File [C:\Users\admin\Downloads\New folder\nsfryer\SF_27-12-2014\122714-30700-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

Symbol search path is: SRV*c:\symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7601 (Service Pack 1) MP (4 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS
Built by: 7601.18526.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.140706-1506
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`03054000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`03297890
Debug session time: Sun Dec 28 08:09:02.426 2014 (UTC + 6:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:10:32.612
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff800030cd9ed, fffff8800b38fef0, 0}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for aswSnx.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for aswSnx.sys
Probably caused by : aswSnx.sys ( aswSnx+3661 )

---------

Caused by Avast!. Please remove avast and replace with MSE.

Microsoft Security Essentials is recommended from a strict BSOD perspective, compatibility & stability compared to other internet security software. Malwarebytes is a great combo to MSE. They are free and lightweight.

Also uninstall your existing Antivirus software before you install MSE.

Good and Free system security combination.

Warning
Do not start the free trial of Malware Bytes; remember to deselect that option when prompted.

Keep us posted.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/356546-bsod-playing-steam-games.html
Relevancy 90.3%

Good day, I've been having BSODs while playing Steam games. Sometimes, I also get it when I'm just browsing the net using Chrome.

Thank you very much!

PS
I have monitored my temps (using CAM and hwmonitor) for a long time, I haven't had any of my internals overheat.

A:BSOD while playing Steam games or using Chrome

Code:
Host Name: BOCHOG
OS Name: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
OS Version: 6.1.7600 N/A Build 7600
OS Manufacturer: Microsoft Corporation
OS Configuration: Standalone Workstation
OS Build Type: Multiprocessor Free
Registered Owner: abcGG
Registered Organization:
Product ID: 00426-OEM-8992662-00400
Original Install Date: 5/10/2013, 6:51:46 AM
System Boot Time: 2/3/2015, 6:39:29 PM
System Manufacturer: To Be Filled By O.E.M.
System Model: To Be Filled By O.E.M.
System Type: x64-based PC
Update Windows 7 fully. If you get more BSOD's after that, follow this:

1. Download the DM Log Collector application to your desktop by clicking the link below

DM Log Collector.exe

2. Run it by double-clicking the icon on your desktop, and follow the prompts.
3. Locate the .ZIP file that is created on your desktop, and upload it here in your next reply.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/360196-bsod-while-playing-steam-games-using-chrome.html
Relevancy 90.3%

Hello everybody I have built a custom computer couple months ago and began to notice blue screens off and on sometimes it would fix itself and I would not see one for days but now it has become a bit consistent when playing most D applications I performed my own tests to see if any hardware issues might exist I did a memtest with no problems in the memory swapped videos cards installed every single driver from sound card to video card solid state and beyond However I still get this problem I also went into my bios setting to ensure that nothing is overclocking my CPU I had both video cards NON SLI because it would always bsod in sli so I was titles Steam Playing games other BSOD and using one of the cards dedicated for gaming BSOD Playing Steam games and other titles for a little while The problem would only occur when I loaded into a game I would get a black screen and enough time to predict it was going to bsod the game would hang and allow me to alt tab to desktop seconds before everything froze completely BSOD Playing Steam games and other titles and crashed I decided to take one of the video cards out and see if it duplicated the symptom to my surprise I was able to run the game for a little while longer approx - minutes and then it would blue screen again I tried this with the single card three times and continued to have the same issue Otherwise the computer is stable on desktop with no problems so far I have become very frustrated with this build as there are so many hardware components involved and narrowing it down would be difficult without rmaing every single component individually My last resort is to seek help from a BSOD analyst expert to help dictate what the problem could be I would greatly appreciate any time you put in to helping me out in this situation Sincerely Static

A:BSOD Playing Steam games and other titles

* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 124, {0, fffffa800db1c028, b2000000, 7c000402}

Probably caused by : GenuineIntel

This is the analysis of the last two dumps..
'
these two dump files blame the processor.

Try this tool for a couple of hours and post back the results

Prime95 (32bit) - 25.11 Download - EXTREME Overclocking

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/266029-bsod-playing-steam-games-other-titles.html
Relevancy 90.3%

Hi People
I need a little help fixing my computer,recently i've been getting Blackscreens/BSODS when playing steam games except counter strike 1.6. for example : when i turned on cs go , after few minutes my computer monitor showed a black screen and a sound like it was a BSOD. it's getting really annoying now and i wanted to ask for a solution , because i haven't been able to found anything useful.

I've included the BSOD dump below.

A:BSOD/Blackscreen after playing steam games

Hello and welcome Anderson mate read and follow these I cannot read from RAR files - others might but you will get quicker results posting as per these tutorials
Dump Files - Configure Windows to Create on BSOD
&
Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/373768-bsod-blackscreen-after-playing-steam-games.html
Relevancy 90.3%

Hello,

2 days ago, I had a couple BSOD errors which occurred when playing "Counter-Strike: GO". I figured that they were related to my graphics drivers, and since then have updated them. The BSOD stopped occuring after that.

Today however, a new BSOD error occured, talking about a potential bios issue, however there was no driver listed and no dump was collected after the issue. Because of this I decided to use verifier.exe to figure out which driver caused the issue.

I followed the steps outlined here and my system did indeed bsod upon startup, before even reaching the user screen.

This dump file should be the most recent one, and the one I am having trouble with. The required files are attached.

Thanks,

Matt

A:BSOD error when playing Steam games

Hi There,

This last one you are concerned with is caused by Comodo,

Code:
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for cmdguard.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for cmdguard.sys
Probably caused by : cmdguard.sys ( cmdguard+8339 )

---------
Driver Reference Table - cmdguard.sys

You might want to uninstall it for the time being if you are troubleshooting another issue.

When you say a potential BIOS issue, what was it that pointed you to that?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/336714-bsod-error-when-playing-steam-games.html
Relevancy 90.3%

Hello Sevenforums I have a problem with my custom built computer It's been bluescreening lately and sometimes even restarting without showing a bluescreen I've had this computer for months now and 0x00000050 BSOD playing various games on Steam, it only started to do this about days after I switched from Windows back to Windows Today is like the th day after that or so Some remedies I've tried was to install all the optional updates from Windows Update running BSOD playing various games on Steam, 0x00000050 CHKDSK running sfc scannow and decreasing the maximum processor state via the Power Options menu It seemed to work fine for a day then back to the same problem and I can't BSOD playing various games on Steam, 0x00000050 seem to figure it out My specs are CPU - AMD FX- GHz -Core Processor Motherboard - ASRock Extreme R ATX AM Motherboard Memory - G Skill Ripjaws X Series GB x GB DDR - Memory Graphics Card - Asus Radeon R GB Video Card HD - Seagate Barracuda TB quot RPM Internal Hard Drive Power Supply - EVGA W Certified ATX Power Supply Thank you for your time c

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/382070-bsod-playing-various-games-steam-0x00000050.html
Relevancy 90.3%

The first blue screen i received today was while playing Borderlands The Pre-sequel, and gave me a Memory-Management error. The second blue screen was during a CounterStrike game and gave me the Critical Structure Corruption error. I recently built this PC and have done nothing that would put it in danger. I ran the windows memory diagnostic and during the test it gave me a hardware error. I have not run memtest yet, but will be doing it over the course of tonight. Just looking for some help from the forums. Thanks in advance for any help. VELOCITYY-Wed_08_05_2015__03205_16.zip

A:Two BSOD's today, both while playing games on steam.

Hi ScVelocityy,

Welcome to the 8forums.
I have looked a little bit at your dump files and I think the critical structure corruption error is related to your memory.

Download and run MemTest86+, How to test and diagnose your ram with MemTest86+ | Sevenforums.
Run MemTest86+ for at least 8 passes.
I recommend to read this thread for a possible prevention of BSOD's or system freezes related to Nvidia GPU.
The following is for information purposes only.

Code:
The following information contains the relevant information from the blue screen analysis:
**************************Wed Aug 5 08:39:25.984 2015 (UTC + 2:00)**************************
Windows 8 Kernel Version 9600 MP (8 procs) Free x64

System Uptime:0 days 0:48:47.650

Probably caused by :Unknown_Image ( ANALYSIS_INCONCLUSIVE )

BugCheck 109, {a3a01f5a8199561d, 0, 675b1a6e4369984d, 101}
BugCheck Info: CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION (109)

Arguments:
Arg1: a3a01f5a8199561d, Reserved
Arg2: 0000000000000000, Reserved
Arg3: 675b1a6e4369984d, Failure type dependent information
Arg4: 0000000000000101, Type of corrupted region, can be
0 : A generic data region
1 : Modification of a function or .pdata
2 : A processor IDT
3 : A processor GDT
4 : Type 1 process list corruption
5 : Type 2 process list corruption
6 : Debug routine modification
7 : Critical MSR modification
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x109

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN8_DRIVER_FAULT

PROCESS_NAME: System

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: MEMORY_CORRUPTION_ONE_BIT

CPUID: "Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz"

MaxSpeed: 4000

CurrentSpeed: 4000

BIOS Version V10.3

BIOS Release Date 01/05/2015

Manufacturer MSI

Product Name MS-7922

Baseboard Product Z97S SLI Krait Edition (MS-7922)

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
**************************Wed Aug 5 05:33:15.214 2015 (UTC + 2:00)**************************
Windows 8 Kernel Version 9600 MP (8 procs) Free x64

System Uptime:0 days 19:15:20.881

Probably caused by :dxgmms1.sys ( dxgmms1!VIDMM_GLOBAL::CloseLocalAllocation+501 )

BugCheck 1A, {403, fffff680003ca5b0, 966000016a98186f, fffff6800014b1c0}
BugCheck Info: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT (1a)

Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000403, The subtype of the bugcheck.
Arg2: fffff680003ca5b0
Arg3: 966000016a98186f
Arg4: fffff6800014b1c0
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x1a_403

PROCESS_NAME: BorderlandsPre

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x1a_403_dxgmms1!VIDMM_GLOBAL::CloseLocalAllocation

CPUID: "Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4790K CPU @ 4.00GHz"

MaxSpeed: 4000

CurrentSpeed: 4000

BIOS Version V10.3

BIOS Release Date 01/05/2015

Manufacturer MSI

Product Name MS-7922

Baseboard Product Z97S SLI Krait Edition (MS-7922)

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/69675-two-bsods-today-both-while-playing-games-steam.html
Relevancy 90.3%

I got this pc a few months ago. I have been able to play blizzard games (WoW and Diablo) fine but whenever I try to play a game I have downloaded from steam (total war shogun 2 and Borderlands 2) I get a BSOD code 101
I am not very pc savvy so if the explanation on how to fix this could be as detailed and easy to follow as possible that would be appreciated.

A:BSOD Playing games from steam, code 101

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x124_AuthenticAMD =
Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try
Ok, so this is very likely to be a hardware issue. I once had this problem my self, my fix was to clean out the dust. Even though there was none veiwable i took a vacuum and cleaned it. It worked. Now check for dust, dirt etcc. Next if you have overclocked STOP and revert. Follow the posted link above it has all of the needed information. And the most likely solution to your issue. If you are still having problems, i suggest lowering v-core. This do not touch for now though.

And i also suggest running these to help diagnose hardware for any issues.

Stresstests:
Ram : RAM - Test with Memtest86+
General hardware: Hardware - Stress Test With Prime95 ( (Three pre-set configurations are available: Small FFTs and In-place FFTs, and Blend. Small and In-place modes primarily test the FPU and the caches of the CPU, whereas the Blend mode tests everything, including the memory.)
Graphics: Video Card - Stress Test with Furmark (Do the above Graphics test only with the latest drivers, and then Run it until the temperatures stop increasing; should be less then 10 minutes. If you don't see any crazy glitches or distortion on the screen, The test most likely passed. Take note if the Temperature gets too high, or you see Visual artifact - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia to stop the test.)

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/253829-bsod-playing-games-steam-code-101-a.html
Relevancy 90.3%

Hello,

My computer has been BSODing/Randomly shutting down the past couple of days. I've downloaded a couple of programs to try to help diagnose the problem but have so far come up empty handed. I've run memtest86+ as well as the windows memory diagnostics because of the errors I've seen, however neither one of these have reported errors. If anyone has time please take a look at this. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

If any additional information is required please let me know. Attached should be a copy of the sf_diagnostics.

Thanks

A:BSOD crashes, appears to be related to bad driver

Code:
BugCheck 1A, {41287, 30, 0, 0}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+454b5 )

Code:
Usual causes: Device driver, memory, kernel
Run Memtest86+ for least 7-8 passes, and preferrly overnight as it can take a while to fully complete.

Test each RAM stick individually, if an error is found then move the same RAM stick into the next DIMM slot and test again, if errors are found for the same RAM stick in every available slot then you have a faulty RAM module. On the other hand, if no errors are found in the next slot or the other slots for the same RAM module, then you have a faulty DIMM slot.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/268240-bsod-crashes-appears-related-bad-driver.html
Relevancy 89.44%

Hi I am currently having problems with the BSOD Windows seems to think it is a memory problem but every time I run the most BSOD Arkham F:NV, playing (FO3, Asylum) Steam games on windows memory diagnostic tool it doesn't find any problems The BSOD occurs most frequently while playing games on steam however it has happened at random I don't have the error code that pops up during the BSOD but I will try to get it if I see it during a crash again Sorry I am a bit of a computer novice but I have included the zip file that is requested Batman Arkham Asylum BSOD playing most games on Steam (FO3, F:NV, Arkham Asylum) gave me a notice once before a BSOD that said I was out of virtual memory which I thought was related to RAM I currently have gb of RAM I have adjusted the sticks of RAM on my motherboard just to see if it was a bad port after the BSOD started but that did nothing I would like to know if it is indeed a memory problem and how to fix it Or at the very least know what is causing the problem Thanks

A:BSOD playing most games on Steam (FO3, F:NV, Arkham Asylum)

Welcome
From your dump reports the problem seems to be due to a bad driver or a hardware problem, which includes memory. Based upon your post, memory will be the place to start. Take this test for 8 passes. Then test each stick in a good slot for 6 passes each.
Search this website for the free download, no need to pay anything
http://www.memtest86.com/

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/243547-bsod-playing-most-games-steam-fo3-f-nv-arkham-asylum.html
Relevancy 89.44%

Have been experiencing BSOD regularly and occasionally RSOD. It is happening at least once each time I play intensive steam games, most recently Project Cars.
I am not overclocking.
First i though it must be the temp of the CPU or GPU, but the CPU is sitting at 45 deg and GPU is maxing out at 62 deg as i have an aggressive fan mapping to ensure that it was keeping cool.
Have stressed tested memory with memtest86+, CPU with Prime 95 and GPU with FurMark
Windows is up to date.
Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

A:BSOD while playing hardware intensive steam games

Hi timo,

Welcome to the 8forums.

The level 0 cache of the CPU is causing the problems.
What tests from Prime95 have you performed?

Please make sure your drivers are updated.
Please uninstall ASUS software.
Please make sure your BIOS is set at default settings.

Code:
2: kd> !errrec ffffe0018eb7c028
Common Platform Error Record @ ffffe0018eb7c028
Record Id : 01d0f1448c54848c
Severity : Fatal (1)
Length : 928
Creator : Microsoft
Notify Type : Machine Check Exception
Timestamp : 9/21/2015 11:37:50 (UTC)
Section 0 : Processor Generic
Descriptor @ ffffe0018eb7c0a8
Section @ ffffe0018eb7c180
Offset : 344
Length : 192
Flags : 0x00000001 Primary
Proc. Type : x86/x64
Instr. Set : x64
Error Type : Cache error
Operation : Generic
Flags : 0x00
Level : 0
CPU Version : 0x00000000000306c3
Processor ID : 0x0000000000000004
Section 1 : x86/x64 Processor Specific
Descriptor @ ffffe0018eb7c0f0
Section @ ffffe0018eb7c240
Offset : 536
Length : 128
Local APIC Id : 0x0000000000000004
CPU Id : c3 06 03 00 00 08 10 04 - bf fb da 7f ff fb eb bf
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 - 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
Proc. Info 0 @ ffffe0018eb7c240
Descriptor @ ffffe0018eb7c138
Section @ ffffe0018eb7c2c0
Error : DCACHEL0_WR_ERR (Proc 2 Bank 1)
Address : 0x000000026a439140
Misc. : 0x0000000000000086

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/71095-bsod-while-playing-hardware-intensive-steam-games.html
Relevancy 89.44%

Hi all I've been getting pretty triggered by (likely BSOD playing games?) Steam non-stop frequent BSODs ever since updating to win As far as I can recall they seem to have been triggered by playing Steam games CounterStrike to be non-stop BSOD (likely triggered by playing Steam games?) precise From then on the BSODs will pop up even when I'm not in a game and without Steam running in the background The BSODs are sequentially DRIVER VERIFIED DETECTED VIOLATION IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL A completely blue screen with little white squares KERNEL SECURITY CHECK FAILURE IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL frequent appearance DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL avgloga sys DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL dxgmms sys NTSC FILE SYSTEM Ntfs sys SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED dxgkrnl sys I've removed AVG antivirus after BSOD but they still keep coming So I did a clean install of installed all the latest drivers from the ASRock and AMD website and hoped for the best It ran smoothly for a day or two and that was when I thought I'd fire up Steam and give it a try Barely secs into a game and the BSOD appeared 'irql not less or equal' I rebooted it and an hour later this guy came up 'attempted execute of no execute memory' Then the system ran with no hiccups for the rest of the night This morning I got a bit cold turkey so I went into Steam again for about mins No BSOD I'm wondering does any of you guys here know what is going on By the way Here's the link to the minidump http rapidshare com share CA E AE A A E I'm pretty sure I'd run into another BSOD again so I really hope I can get this fixed once and for all Any input is appreciated Thanks

A:non-stop BSOD (likely triggered by playing Steam games?)

Firts could you upload your dumpfiles according to the instruction here Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions.
Please use option 1, this wil include additional data, like eventapp, msinfo etc.

As a start.
One of your 2 dumpfiles is a BugCheck A, {6, 7, 1, fffff80027b0281a} Probably caused by : atikmdag.sys ( atikmdag+37e8a )

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *
BugCheck A, {6, 7, 1, fffff80027b0281a}
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atikmdag.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmdag.sys
Probably caused by : atikmdag.sys ( atikmdag+37e8a )
---------
1: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *
IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (a)
An attempt was made to access a pageable (or completely invalid) address at an
interrupt request level (IRQL) that is too high. This is usually
caused by drivers using improper addresses.
If a kernel debugger is available get the stack backtrace.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000006, memory referenced
Arg2: 0000000000000007, IRQL
Arg3: 0000000000000001, bitfield :
bit 0 : value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation
bit 3 : value 0 = not an execute operation, 1 = execute operation (only on chips which support this level of status)
Arg4: fffff80027b0281a, address which referenced memory
Debugging Details:
------------------

WRITE_ADDRESS: GetPointerFromAddress: unable to read from fffff80027d61150
GetUlongFromAddress: unable to read from fffff80027d61208
0000000000000006 Nonpaged pool
CURRENT_IRQL: 7
FAULTING_IP:
nt!ExInterlockedInsertTailList+36
fffff800`27b0281a f0480fba2b00 lock bts qword ptr [rbx],0
CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN8_DRIVER_FAULT
BUGCHECK_STR: AV
ANALYSIS_VERSION: 6.3.9600.16384 (debuggers(dbg).130821-1623) amd64fre
TRAP_FRAME: ffffd00020dfbaa0 -- (.trap 0xffffd00020dfbaa0)
NOTE: The trap frame does not contain all registers.
Some register values may be zeroed or incorrect.
rax=ffffd00020dfbc68 rbx=0000000000000000 rcx=ffffe000005a9580
rdx=ffffe000005a3d80 rsi=0000000000000000 rdi=0000000000000000
rip=fffff80027b0281a rsp=ffffd00020dfbc30 rbp=0000000000000000
r8=0000000000000006 r9=fffff800020fd000 r10=ffffe00000489f10
r11=ffffd00020dfbca8 r12=0000000000000000 r13=0000000000000000
r14=0000000000000000 r15=0000000000000000
iopl=0 nv up di pl nz na pe nc
nt!ExInterlockedInsertTailList+0x36:
fffff800`27b0281a f0480fba2b00 lock bts qword ptr [rbx],0 ds:00000000`00000000=????????????????
Resetting default scope
LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from fffff80027b6cbe9 to fffff80027b610a0
STACK_TEXT:
ffffd000`20dfb958 fffff800`27b6cbe9 : 00000000`0000000a 00000000`00000006 00000000`00000007 00000000`00000001 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
ffffd000`20dfb960 fffff800`27b6b43a : 00000000`00000001 00000000`00000006 ffffd000`20dfbd00 ffffd000`20dfbaa0 : nt!KiBugCheckDispatch+0x69
ffffd000`20dfbaa0 fffff800`27b0281a : 00000000`00140001 00000000`00000000 00000007`00000030 fffff800`00000008 : nt!KiPageFault+0x23a
ffffd000`20dfbc30 fffff800`02134e8a : ffffd000`20dfbc70 ffffe000`0058be50 ffffe000`005a3d80 ffffe000`00463000 : nt!ExInterlockedInsertTailList+0x36
ffffd000`20dfbc70 ffffd000`20dfbc... Read more

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/43455-non-stop-bsod-likely-triggered-playing-steam-games.html
Relevancy 89.44%

Problem is persisting after reinstalling Windows, can't really pinpoint it to any certain program, since the problem seemed to start right after installing ''the essential'' drivers and stuff from MSI disket that came with the motherboard. I hope the files attached help, I'm sorry for not being tech savvy at all I'm happy to provide additional information if needed, provided that it is not beyond my techincal skills.

Thank you for taking your time to help,

-Jake

Edit: I mean, thank you for spending your time to help me... Well I hope I at least make myself somewhat understood -__-

Blue screen came again, but this time I thought the error message was different! I couldn't see it properly as it flashed on the screen for maybe 2 seconds, but I think it said something along the lines of; IRQ_LESS_THAN something something...

New log files attached, thank you for your patience.

-Jake

A:BSOD while playing various games in Steam, Win7 Ultimate x64

Hello, jakezuku I'll see if I can help you. Please do something for me first.
Please fill out your System Specs

Information
Your System Specs will help us to help you, and doing it in this manner will make them available to all helpers in every post and keep us from hunting for them. We ask that you fill them out in as much detail as possible including Desktop or Laptop, Model number if it is an OEM computer and all components with the Manufacturer and Model number if possible.

If you will go to your last post and click the 'System Specs' in the bottom left of the post, you will find a link to update your system specs. Please fill those out in as much detail as possible, making sure to click save at the bottom of the page. If you would like to know what we would like, you can click 'My System Specs' at the bottom left of this post to see mine. If you do not know what your components are, this will help you accomplish this task. System Info - See Your System Specs

I only looked at the last 3 dump files. 2 of them read

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *
BugCheck A, {28, 2, 0, fffff800030ff090}
Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiFindNodeOrParent+0 )
Please Run Memtest86+

Information
Please download from this site only http://www.memtest.org/ in the middle of the page are the Download links, you can download the ISO.zip or the Auto USB Flash Drive installer.zip

Extract the Zip file. If you chose the ISO image, burn it to a CD using Windows Disk Image Burner or any Image burner you may have. If you downloaded the Auto USB installer, extract it, insert your USB 2.0 Flash Drive and take note of the drive letter. Run the installer, select the Flash Drive Letter, check the format box and press next. It will install memtest86+ to a flash drive. You can use either V4.20 or V5.01. Boot from your selected media. If you use V5.01 it will tell you to press certain buttons at the start, please press no buttons. The test will begin on it's own and continue to run until you stop it. It needs to run for 8 complete passes or until you receive an error. If you receive an error, stop the test. Even 1 error is a fail. Each pass tests a different part of the ram and each of the 10 tests in each pass tests something different. It takes a minimum of 8 passes to completely test the ram, more passes are better. It is quite a long test and will take several hours depending on how much ram you have. Due to the time length it is best to run overnight. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/359709-bsod-while-playing-various-games-steam-win7-ultimate-x64.html
Relevancy 89.44%

Video games and downloading large files seem to bsod my computer after awhile. It says, Kernal inpage data error

minidumps
Attachment 52371

idk if this will be helpful
Attachment 52372

please help my pc, thanks

A:Bsod randomly when downloading or playing games (steam)

Hello and welcome to EF!

Please follow the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions so we can get the appropriate files needed to analyze this.

-Justin

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/55348-bsod-randomly-when-downloading-playing-games-steam.html
Relevancy 89.44%

I'm getting blue screens when playing games on steam. The games I've noticed it on are:
Skyrim
Loadout
Sleeping Dogs
DmC Devil May Cry
Shadow Warrior

According to BlueScreenView the cause for the last few crashes is dxgkrnl.sys, and has previously been atikmpag.sys. As far as I know the drivers for my graphics card and motherboard are up to date, and I'm excluding my Steam folder from F-Secure's real-time scanner.

Thanks for any help!

A:BSOD Playing games on Steam, error 0x00000116

Hi Proto325.

Uninstall your installed latest version of the display driver.
How-To Uninstall AMD Catalyst Drivers From A Windows Based System
Then clean up any possible leftover.
Drivers - Clean Left over Files after Uninstalling
Then install version 13.9 WHQL only.
Previous AMD Catalyst? Display Drivers
Stress test the Graphics Card using Furmark.

Check if the Power Supply Unit (PSU) supplying adequate power to the computer or not.
eXtreme Power Supply Calculator
Also let us know the wattage of the PSU.

Is the computer hot? Report us the heat of the computer after a couple of hours of your normal usage. Upload a screenshot of the summery tab of Speccy. Alternatively, you can publish a Speccy snapshot too: Speccy - Publish Snapshot of your System Specs .

Let us know the results.
-------------------------------------------

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 116, {fffffa8007c04290, fffff880042fed88, 0, 2}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\atikmpag.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmpag.sys
Probably caused by : atikmpag.sys ( atikmpag+bd88 )

---------

1: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (116)
Arguments:
Arg1: fffffa8007c04290, Optional pointer to internal TDR recovery context (TDR_RECOVERY_CONTEXT).
Arg2: fffff880042fed88, The pointer into responsible device driver module (e.g. owner tag).
Arg3: 0000000000000000, Optional error code (NTSTATUS) of the last failed operation.

Debugging Details:
------------------
FAULTING_IP:
atikmpag+bd88
fffff880`042fed88 4883ec28 sub rsp,28h

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: GRAPHICS_DRIVER_TDR_FAULT

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x116

CURRENT_IRQL: 0

ANALYSIS_VERSION: 6.3.9600.16384 (debuggers(dbg).130821-1623) amd64fre

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`027d5888 fffff880`044ee140 : 00000000`00000116 fffffa80`07c04290 fffff880`042fed88 00000000`00000000 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`027d5890 fffff880`044ede4a : fffff880`042fed88 fffffa80`07c04290 fffffa80`0796d590 fffffa80`08d24410 : dxgkrnl!TdrBugcheckOnTimeout+0xec
fffff880`027d58d0 fffff880`04594f13 : fffffa80`07c04290 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`0796d590 fffffa80`08d24410 : dxgkrnl!TdrIsRecoveryRequired+0x1a2
fffff880`027d5900 fffff880`045becf1 : 00000000`ffffffff 00000000`00069318 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000002 : dxgmms1!VidSchiReportHwHang+0x40b
fffff880`027d59e0 fffff880`045bd437 : 00000000`00000102 00000000`00000000 00000000`00069318 00000000`00000000 : dxgmms1!VidSchiCheckHwProgress+0x71
fffff880`027d5a10 fffff880`045902d2 : ffffffff`ff676980 fffffa80`08d24410 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : dxgmms1!VidSchiWaitForSchedulerEvents+0x1fb
fffff880`027d5ab0 fffff880`045bcff6 : 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`07928d50 00000000`00000080 fffffa80`08d24410 : dxgmms1!VidSchiScheduleCommandToRun+0x1da
fffff880`027d5bc0 fffff800`033182ea : 00000000... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/324771-bsod-playing-games-steam-error-0x00000116.html
Relevancy 89.44%

Hello,
my system specs are:
Asrock H77 PRO4 MVP
ATI Radeon HD 7870 XT
i5-3470
Vengeance 4GB x2
Corsair CX600M

when I play random games and watching some streams I got BSOD randomly. Here's my log:

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/382208-bsod-playing-steam-games-watching-streams.html
Relevancy 89.44%

Hello im new to the forums i just need help with my computer It keeps BSOD when ever im playing Steam games Such as Dungeon Defenders 2, Counter Strike Source and more.

Also it seems the program you give to zip up all the BSOD dumps got all of the ones i have had over the past few weeks.

I really hope i can get help on what is wrong with my pc and if you need any more info let me know.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/384062-bsod-playing-steam-games-error-0x00000124.html
Relevancy 89.01%

Hello all, my computer has been regularly crashing a few times a week for the last 9 or so months. I have run memtest and it came up clean, and I have completely uninstalled and reinstalled my graphics cards drivers. it usually crashes when playing online games such as LOL and GW2 but it has also crashed when playing minecraft and just browsing the internet. I have been looking for a solution to these crashes on the internet for a while, but I couldn't find anything to help. crash logs provided in the .zip. Thanks in advance!

A:2 (possibly related) BSODs, usually when playing video games.

Welcome to Seven Forums.

Security App

I would recommend the uninstallation of Avast! Internet security for testing purpose (seems to cause issues such as BSOD's & high CPU usage on some systems) Uninstallers (removal tools) for common antivirus software - ESET Knowledgebase

Microsoft Security Essentials and Malwarebytes, both recommended from a strict BSOD perspective.

Microsoft Security Essentials, Free antivirus for windows
Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free

Information
DO NOT start the free trial of MalwareBytes. Deselect the option when prompted.

Please run these tests and report back the results

1. SFC /scannow to check windows for corruption - SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker
2. Disk check for errors on the hard drive - Disk Check
3. Troubleshoot applications by a clean boot - Troubleshoot Application Conflicts by Performing a Clean Startup
4. Memtest86+ paying close attention to part 3 - RAM - Test with Memtest86+
5. Hard drive test from HDD mfg website - Hard Drive Diagnostic Procedure

Code:
fffff880`099082e8 fffff880`04c9567a*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
nvlddmkm+0x3d167a
How to clean left over drivers

Sometimes drivers remain, not completely uninstalled. Follow this tutorial for complete removal of drivers of the particular program: How to Clean Left Over Driver Files with Driver SweeperClick on the Start
► Control Panel
► Programs
► Uninstall a program
► Uninstall everything related to the software.
Delete remnants of its drivers/older drivers using Driver Fusion/Sweeper
Then download and install this particular NVIDIA driver: NVIDIA DRIVERS 306.23WHQL

Follow this:

Quote: Originally Posted by writhziden

If you have an SSD, make sure the following are up to date:SSD firmware
BIOS Version
Chipset Drivers
Hard disk controller drivers/SATA drivers
If you have a Marvell IDE ATA/ATAPI device, make sure the drivers are up to date from the Intel site or Marvell site and not from your motherboard/vendor support site.

-Blow out all vents with canned air (DO NOT use a vacuum cleaner or an air compressor, they can damage the components).
-Ensure that the fan comes on and is blowing air out of the vent (may not happen at startup, but should happen after using it for a while).

Temperature

For monitoring heat of the system, use Speccy or HWMonitor:
Speccy System Information
HWMonitor

Good luck,

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/288538-2-possibly-related-bsods-usually-when-playing-video-games.html
Relevancy 88.58%

Hello!
Since last weeks I've had multiple BSOD's and it seems to happen mostly while I play games through steam. Games like GTA4, The witcher 2 and Sleeping dogs cause the crashes while I for some reason can play Shogun Total war 2 for hours without problems. Games that are not connected to steam, like Battlefield 3, seems to work good as well. I don't have any cd/dvd tools like Daemon tools installed. I would be very grateful if someone could help me with this problem.

A:BSOD playing games with Steam. Multiple error messages.

Hello Kwandao and welcome to Sevenforums.

Have you tried to disable the Steam Overlay? To do this-* Launch Steam and click on the "Settings" button. Click on the "In-Game Settings" tab.
* Uncheck the box next to "Enable Steam Community In-Game" and click OK.
* Disable the Steam Overlay on specific games only by right-clicking on the game title, click on "Properties" and uncheck "Enable Steam Community In-Game" in the "General" tab.
BSOD Analyse

Troubleshooting

Different culprits pointed towards your ATI Graphics Driver. Driver Sweeper will ensure that you'd have a clean install at the end of the procedure, and by that no leftover files that'd bork the system.

* Make your way to ATI Drivers - Downloads and download the latest driver for your card, save it to your desktop for instance
* Uninstall the Graphic driver you currently have and all its extensions (do not reboot yet)
* Download Driver Sweeper
* Get to safe mode (without network) and search for Driver Sweeper in your START
* Select all the ATI components and analyse them
* Clean them, head into Windows without internet and install the driver you've downloaded previously

DirectX

* Have you updated your directX recently?
* What's your temperatures just before a crash?
* Does the crashes only happen on demanding games?
* Have you checked threads on Steams Forums?

Download: DirectX End-User Runtime - Microsoft Download Center - Download Details

Drivers, 3rd party

Code:
amdiox64.sys Thu Feb 18 16:17:53 2010 (4B7D5A21)
amdxata.sys Fri Mar 19 17:18:18 2010 (4BA3A3CA)
AODDriver2.sys Tue Mar 6 10:55:00 2012 (4F55DEF4)
ASACPI.sys Thu Jul 16 05:31:29 2009 (4A5E9F11)
AsIO.sys Mon Aug 3 09:03:16 2009 (4A768BB4)
AsUpIO.sys Mon Jul 6 04:21:38 2009 (4A515FB2)
BazisVirtualCDBus.sys Sun Jun 19 15:36:09 2011 (4DFDFB49)

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
**************************Wed Aug 22 14:15:51.648 2012 (UTC + 2:00)**************************

ASACPI.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=AsIO.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=AsUpIO.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=BazisVirtualCDBus.sys
ASACPI.sys Thu Jul 16 05:31:29 2009 (4A5E9F11)

Number one BSOD Causer within Windows Seven. It belongs to-

Quote:
Driver description---
Asus ATK0110 ACPI Utility (a known BSOD maker in Win7). Also a part of the Asus PCProbe and AISuite Utilities

Update/Uninstall it.

Crash dump summary

Code:
**************************Fri Aug 24 12:58:54.436 2012 (UTC + 2:00)**************************
BugCheck 1000007E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff880053abcf7, fffff880069cc6a8, fffff880069cbf00}
Probably caused by : dxgmms1.sys ( dxgmms1!VIDMM_GLOBAL::ReferenceAllocationForPreparation+2b )
**************************Wed Aug 22 14:15:51.648 2012 (UTC + 2:00)**************************
BugCheck 50, {fffff900c44b8018, 1, fffff9600014a316, 0}
Probably caused by : win32k.sys ( win32k!HmgShareLock+72 )
**************************Tue Aug 21 14:56:14.630 2012 (UTC + 2:00)**************************
BugCheck 4E, {2, 224dd4, 22ffff, ffff}
Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiUnlinkPageFromLockedList+8d )
**************************Mon Aug 20 11:51:39.116 2012 (UTC + 2:00)**************************
BugCheck C2, {7, 109b, 41f000d, fffffa8008eb0260}
Probably caused by : dxgmms1.sys ( dxgmms1!VIDMM_GLOBAL::CloseOneAllocation+275 )
**************************Mon ... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/248668-bsod-playing-games-steam-multiple-error-messages.html
Relevancy 88.58%

I just installed a New SSD and i have had this crash this morning when playing Shadows of mordor. I'm not sure what the issue is so any help I would appreciate.

A:BSOD randomly when playing Steam games wow. string 0x00000124

Code:
Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.2.9200.20512 AMD64

Loading Dump File [C:\Users\USER\Downloads\Compressed\CBELLINI-PC-Mon_12_29_2014_130354_12\122914-4212-01.dmp]

Symbol search path is: SRV*c:\symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7601 (Service Pack 1) MP (4 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS Personal
Built by: 7601.18409.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.140303-2144
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`02c5e000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`02ea1890
Debug session time: Tue Dec 30 02:58:33.912 2014 (UTC + 6:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 5:44:02.740
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 124, {0, fffffa800d4ca028, be000000, 100110a}

Probably caused by : GenuineIntel

---------

3: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (124)
A fatal hardware error has occurred. Parameter 1 identifies the type of error
source that reported the error. Parameter 2 holds the address of the
WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure that describes the error conditon.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000000, Machine Check Exception
Arg2: fffffa800d4ca028, Address of the WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure.
Arg3: 00000000be000000, High order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.
Arg4: 000000000100110a, Low order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.

Debugging Details:
------------------

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x124_GenuineIntel

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN7_DRIVER_FAULT

PROCESS_NAME: ShadowOfMordor

CURRENT_IRQL: f

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`02fdfa58 fffff800`02c27a3b : 00000000`00000124 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`0d4ca028 00000000`be000000 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`02fdfa60 fffff800`02dea463 : 00000000`00000001 fffffa80`0d4cbce0 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`0d4cbd30 : hal!HalBugCheckSystem+0x1e3
fffff880`02fdfaa0 fffff800`02c27700 : 00000000`00000728 fffffa80`0d4cbce0 fffff880`02fdfe30 fffff880`02fdfe00 : nt!WheaReportHwError+0x263
fffff880`02fdfb00 fffff800`02c27052 : fffffa80`0d4cbce0 fffff880`02fdfe30 fffffa80`0d4cbce0 00000000`00000000 : hal!HalpMcaReportError+0x4c
fffff880`02fdfc50 fffff800`02c26f0d : 00000000`00000004 00000000`00000001 fffff880`02fdfeb0 00000000`00000000 : hal!HalpMceHandler+0x9e
fffff880`02fdfc90 fffff800`02c1ae88 : fffffa80`07bb2980 00000000`00000002 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : hal!HalpMceHandlerWithRendezvous+0x55
fffff880`02fdfcc0 fffff800`02cd24ac : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : hal!HalHandleMcheck+0x40
fffff880`02fdfcf0 fffff800`02cd2313 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KxMcheckAbort+0x6c
fffff880`02fdfe30 fffff800`02d0264f : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/356722-bsod-randomly-when-playing-steam-games-wow-string-0x00000124.html
Relevancy 87.72%

Sometimes crash my current browsing on internet browser (Google Chrome) too, and ask me for refresh/restore on "blue screen"(or purple?), but I dont know if it has something to do with it. OS has been reinstalled three days ago because of the viruses, but BSODs had appeared even before. I could not install any of the win7s x64 because of some error in the middle of the installation but win7s x86 installation works fine. Then I tried to pull out one of the RAMs and installation of win7 x64 completed successfully, but again I dont know if it has something to do with it. I hope it will help with diagnosing the BSOD problem. I really appreciate any help you can provide and sorry for my english.

A:BSOD randomly appears, mostly while playing games or browsing the net

Welcome to SF David1222 .
I have a few things I want to clear up if I may.

Quote: Originally Posted by David1222

OS has been reinstalled three days ago because of the viruses

How confident are you that the OS is currently clean?
Were files saved from the previous installation and transferred onto the new install, or was the HDD
completely wiped without backing up anything?

I wish there were more bug checks to look at as it will help in establishing a pattern, if nothing else.
Please manually check the minidump folder.

Code:
C:\Windows\minidump
If dump files are present in that folder copy them to the Desktop, zip and upload in your next post.

The single bug check uploaded is 0x19, the most common issue with those is drivers,
looking at the stack we see the activity coming from fltmgr and fileinfo which are Filter Drivers
being used, in this case, by BitDefender.

Code:
BugCheck 19, {3, fffffa80069956f0, fffffac0069956f0, fffffa80069956f0}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for gzflt.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for gzflt.sys
Probably caused by : gzflt.sys ( gzflt+23700 )
0xfffff8800bdb01c8 : 0xfffff88000f9c953 : FLTMGR!FltPerformSynchronousIo+0x2d3
0xfffff8800bdb01d8 : 0xfffff80002ed4d3c : nt!IopFreeIrp+0x11c
0xfffff8800bdb0248 : 0xfffff88000fa2ee7 : FLTMGR!ExAllocateFromPagedLookasideList+0x27
0xfffff8800bdb0278 : 0xfffff88000fa54fb : FLTMGR!FltAllocateContext+0xdb
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for avc3.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for avc3.sys
0xfffff8800bdb03d8 : 0xfffff880010efbb7 : fileinfo!FIStreamSetFileInfo+0x15b
0xfffff8800bdb0448 : 0xfffff880010ef3c8 : fileinfo!FIStreamGetInfo+0x17c
0xfffff8800bdb0498 : 0xfffff880010e840b : fileinfo!FIPfFileFSOpPostCallbackCleanup+0x197
0xfffff8800bdb04a0 : 0xfffff88000faaa00 : FLTMGR!FltpOperationFlags
0xfffff8800bdb04e0 : 0xfffff88000faaa00 : FLTMGR!FltpOperationFlags
0xfffff8800bdb0520 : 0xfffff88000faaa00 : FLTMGR!FltpOperationFlags
0xfffff8800bdb0528 : 0xfffff88000fa031a : FLTMGR!FltpCompleteCompletionNode+0x3a
0xfffff8800bdb0558 : 0xfffff88000f9b242 : FLTMGR!FltpPerformPostCallbacks+0x392
0xfffff8800bdb05f0 : 0xfffff88000faaa00 : FLTMGR!FltpOperationFlags
0xfffff8800bdb0628 : 0xfffff88000f9a38b : FLTMGR!FltpLegacyProcessingAfterPreCallbacksCompleted+0x39b
0xfffff8800bdb0688 : 0xfffff88000f9b8ca : FLTMGR!FltpPassThroughInternal+0x4a
0xfffff8800bdb06b8 : 0xfffff88000fb92b9 : FLTMGR!FltpCreate+0x2a9
0xfffff8800bdb06f8 : 0xfffff88000f9b962 : !du "$Volume"
0xfffff8800bdb0758 : 0xfffff800031c3560 : nt!IopParseDevice
0xfffff8800bdb0778 : 0xfffff800031c3560 : nt!IopParseDevice
0xfffff8800bdb0868 : 0xfffff800031ba2c4 : nt!ObpLookupDirectoryEntry+0x274
0xfffff8800bdb08c8 : 0xfffff800031b9784 : nt!ObpLookupObjectName+0x585
0xfffff8800bdb0938 : 0xfffff800031b10a5 : nt!SeCreateAccessStateEx+0xa5
0xfffff8800bdb09c8 : 0xfffff800031be45d : nt!ObOpenObjectByName+0x1cd
0xfffff8800bdb0a78 : 0xfffff800031c6597 : nt!IopCreateFile+0x2b7
0xfffff8800bdb0a90 : 0xfffff88000fb9401 : FLTMGR!FltpCreate+0x3f1
0xfffff8800bdb0ab8 : 0xfffff800031df55c : nt!NtReadFile+0x4da
0xfffff8800bdb0b18 : 0xfffff800031d0350 : nt!NtCreateFile+0x78
Driver Reference Table - gzflt.sys
Driver Reference Table - avc3.sys
Driver Reference Table - fltmgr.sys
Driver Reference Table - fileinfo.sys
I recommend scanning the system and test the HDD.

Warning
The Following Method Should NOT Be Performed On An SSD!
Testing the HDD:
Perform a Disk Check | Disk Check- Scroll down to OPTION TWO of the tutorial and use the /R switch in the CHKDSK command | chkdsk C: /R.
Then Post the Disk Check results following | This Tutorial.
Once back in Windows, download Crystal Disk Info and post a screenshot (multiple shots if you have more than one drive).
Download SeaTools for DOS if you don't want to use a CD to test the HDD you ca... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/314088-bsod-randomly-appears-mostly-while-playing-games-browsing-net.html
Relevancy 87.29%

I have been having troubles with my Graphics cards ever since I got this computer Some days it works fine others its a complete disaster Recently I got a few games and when the games I used to play crashed or whatnot it would just close the game Now I am getting BSOD and having it reboot my PC I use Soluto to help me find what what might of caused the problem and this is what is sent to me Bug check code Probably caused by dxgkrnl TdrResetFromTimeout Driver The VIDEO TDR ERROR bug check has a value of BSOD Multiple error 0x00000116 Steam Playing code Games with x This indicates that an attempt to reset the display driver and recover from a timeout failed Keep in mind I have two of the same graphics cards I used to cross-fire but then Realized no games would play with it activated so I disabled them After a while I tried messing with my setup so I could have three monitor setup two monitor and quot HDTV While im still using only two of the monitors I orignally got my first BSOD when i was trying to play a game on the TV monitor and no longer use the TV I am very out of touch with computer skills and I dont know BSOD Playing Multiple Steam Games with 0x00000116 error code anymore what else I should do to try BSOD Playing Multiple Steam Games with 0x00000116 error code and fix this problem Ive thought about getting a new graphics card to try and solve the problem because for the last few years problems only seem to occur with the Card and nothing BSOD Playing Multiple Steam Games with 0x00000116 error code else but i could find another solution then spending money that would be great Thanks in advance

A:BSOD Playing Multiple Steam Games with 0x00000116 error code

Your ATI drivers are pretty old.

Code:
2: kd> lmvm atikmpag
start end module name
fffff880`04000000 fffff880`04055000 atikmpag T (no symbols)
Timestamp: Wed Feb 15 02:13:12 2012 (4F3B14B8)
CheckSum: 00051BFD
ImageSize: 00055000
Download the 13.9 driver from here then use AMD Uninstall Utility to remove all traces of your current driver, CCC etc. Reboot and install the 13.9 driver.

Note
When installing choose 'Advanced' or 'Custom' (whichever option is available, just not Express) and uncheck everything except the video driver.
Uninstall the following for testing purposes.

Attachment 323112

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/335809-bsod-playing-multiple-steam-games-0x00000116-error-code.html
Relevancy 87.29%

Hi I'm running steam games with Amd fx 6100 (3,3 ghz) 8 gt ram and 64 bit windows graphics geforce gtx 660. Getting BSOD's everytime in 20 minutes of gametime.

BCCode: f4
BCP1: 0000000000000003
BCP2: FFFFFA8008D07B30
BCP3: FFFFFA8008D07E10
BCP4: FFFFF800031CF460

Files to help describing the problem

C:\Windows\Minidump\122612-14929-01.dmp

C:\Users\Seiska\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-31746-0.sysdata.xml

I would be very relieved if the problem should be found. These crashes are ruining my gaming experience

Thank you in advance!

A:BSOD while playing steam games ( Xcom, Chivalry, etc) error code F4

And here's the file crashdiagnostics gave me.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/270774-bsod-while-playing-steam-games-xcom-chivalry-etc-error-code-f4.html
Relevancy 86.43%

Hello My Dell XPS L X laptop is constantly having hard crashes watchdog BSODs and extremely high disk and sometimes memory hard Steam BSOD and/or using crashes playing Netflix/Hulu apps games & usage BSOD & hard crashes playing Steam games and/or using Netflix/Hulu apps This normally occurs while using the Netflix Hulu apps or running games in Steam both separately or simultaneously I can generally get almost an entire day of Netflix Hulu and sometimes am able to play a game for awhile before the crashing occurs For reference here are a list of the errors I have encountered BSOD quot video scheduler internal error quot BSOD quot Clock Watchdog Timeout quot NVIDIA OpenGL quot Unable to recover from a kernal exception Error code subcode Display driver stopped responding and has recovered quot Display driver NVIDIA Windows Kernel Mode Driver Version XXX XX stopped responding and has successfully recovered stuttering checkered pattern only on BSOD & hard crashes playing Steam games and/or using Netflix/Hulu apps secondary monitor locking up entire system I used several different drivers Games absolutely crash times more than Netflix Hulu or even YouTube which I don't think has ever caused a crash goodguyyoutube jpg Most games don't even make it past minutes The levels of usage observed in Task Manager as follows Memory - Disk - This primarily occurs when launching pretty much any application or performing a task Things I have done to problem solve - clean installs of Windows bit Home EditionDDU clean install of either older drivers or updated driverssfc scannow dism online cleanup-image restorehealthMonitored all temps under removed Malwarebytes and SpybotFurMark GPU Stress Test min C - max C ran Driver Verifier couldn't read the faulting driver's name compatibility modeunderclocking under with MSI Afterburnerdisabling GTunplugging secondary monitorupdated biosdisabled and stopped running Windows Services quot Superfetch quot and quot Windows Search quot turning off quot show me tips about Windows quot quot Show app notifications quot quot Show app notifications on the lock screen quot quot Show alarms reminders and blah blah quot quot Hide notifications while presenting quot increased virtual memory I also have a secondary monitor a Sharp TV For reference here is a list of the games I currently try to play Sid Meier's Civilization VPrison ArchitectAlways Sometimes MonstersDead StateProject ZomboidFallout New VegasThe Elder Scrolls SkyrimState of Decay I sincerely thank anyone and everyone who tries to help out THANK YOU DESKTOP-FJ SQ M-Fri zip

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/63153-bsod-hard-crashes-playing-steam-games-using-netflix-hulu-apps.html
Relevancy 85.57%

Hi Sevenforum Members i hope you can help me with my PC problems My System Windows Ultimate OEM Version Installed myself - What is the age of system hardware Just recently bought a new mainboard cpu memory - What is the age of OS installation have you re-installed the OS Reinstalled with the new hardware I already took some of your recommended tests to find out what is wrong But Red Games, BSOD playing related win32k.sys to Faction/other i have not been sucessful yet I identified the FNETTBOH sys as a problem with driver verifier It got rid of it and my PC is already running a lot more stable My PC is often crashing with a BSOD when playing games It has not happend if just browsing the Web or anything else not related to D graphics so I suppose the first problem is solved I BSOD playing Red Faction/other Games, related to win32k.sys made a zip file as described I hope I did everything correct If you have any idea what causes the BSODs please get in touch Sincerely Alexander

A:BSOD playing Red Faction/other Games, related to win32k.sys

Your BSODs were caused by the Creative Audio/Sound Blaster Driver
Update that driver & associated software
Creative Worldwide Support

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (a)
An attempt was made to access a pageable (or completely invalid) address at an
interrupt request level (IRQL) that is too high. This is usually
caused by drivers using improper addresses.
If a kernel debugger is available get the stack backtrace.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000000, memory referenced
Arg2: 0000000000000002, IRQL
Arg3: 0000000000000001, bitfield :
bit 0 : value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation
bit 3 : value 0 = not an execute operation, 1 = execute operation (only on chips which support this level of status)
Arg4: fffff800030a072c, address which referenced memory

Debugging Details:
------------------
WRITE_ADDRESS: GetPointerFromAddress: unable to read from fffff800032cb100

CURRENT_IRQL: 2

FAULTING_IP:
nt!KeWaitForSingleObject+17c
fffff800`030a072c 4c8938 mov qword ptr [rax],r15

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT

BUGCHECK_STR: 0xA

PROCESS_NAME: svchost.exe

TRAP_FRAME: fffff8800a8384f0 -- (.trap 0xfffff8800a8384f0)
NOTE: The trap frame does not contain all registers.
Some register values may be zeroed or incorrect.
rax=0000000000000000 rbx=0000000000000000 rcx=fffffa800d3a6ee0
rdx=0000000000000000 rsi=0000000000000000 rdi=0000000000000000
rip=fffff800030a072c rsp=fffff8800a838680 rbp=0000000000000000
r8=fffff78000000008 r9=0000000000000000 r10=0000000000000000
r11=fffff880037e4180 r12=0000000000000000 r13=0000000000000000
r14=0000000000000000 r15=0000000000000000
iopl=0 nv up ei pl zr na po nc
nt!KeWaitForSingleObject+0x17c:
fffff800`030a072c 4c8938 mov qword ptr [rax],r15 ds:c8b0:00000000`00000000=????????????????
Resetting default scope

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from fffff800030981e9 to fffff80003098c40

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`0a8383a8 fffff800`030981e9 : 00000000`0000000a 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000002 00000000`00000001 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`0a8383b0 fffff800`03096e60 : 00000000`00000010 fffff8a0`04abacac fffff800`032ce500 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiBugCheckDispatch+0x69
fffff880`0a8384f0 fffff800`030a072c : fffffa80`0ed9c8b0 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`0d3a6b30 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiPageFault+0x260
fffff880`0a838680 fffff800`0306b61e : fffff880`0a838700 fffff800`00000022 fffffa80`0e83f000 fffffa80`0e83f000 : nt!KeWaitForSingleObject+0x17c
fffff880`0a838720 fffff800`030ab1c5 : 00000000`00000001 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 fffff880`0a8389e8 : nt!KiAcquireFastMutex+0x4e
fffff880`0a838760 fffff880`0697f2c2 : fffffa80`0ed9cae8 fffffa80`0ed9cb30 00000000`00000010 fffff880`0697f1d8 : nt!ExAcquireFastMutex+0x45
fffff880`0a838790 fffffa80`0ed9cae8 : fffffa80`0ed9cb30 00000000`00000010 fffff880`0697f1d8 00000000`00000000 : ctaud2k+0x772c2
fffff880`0a838798 fffffa80`0ed9cb30 : 00000000`00000010 fffff880`0697f1d8 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : 0xfffffa80`0ed9cae8
fffff880`0a8387a0 00000000`00000010 : fffff880`0697f1d8 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000010 : 0xfffffa80`0ed9cb30
fffff880`0a8387a8 fffff880`0697f1d8 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000010 fffffa80`0840da10 : 0x10
fffff880`0a8387b0 00000000`00000000 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000010 fffffa80`0840da10 fffffa80`0ed9c8b0 : ctaud2k+0x771d8
STACK_COMMAND: kb

FOLLOWUP_IP:
ctaud2k+772c2
fffff880`0697f2c2 ?? ???

SYMBOL_STACK_INDEX: 6

SYMBOL_NAME: ctaud2k+772c2

FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: ctau... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/214348-bsod-playing-red-faction-other-games-related-win32k-sys.html
Relevancy 84.71%

Hey guys this crash just started happening within the last few days and it takes about - minutes to happen once I am inside any game I get a SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION games, and related 2, other nlvddmkm.sys BSOD playing Portal Warframe, NOT HANDLED error related to nvlddmkm sys I have cleaned and re-installed my NVIDIA M drivers as many others have and performed a stress test using OCCT I also performed a memtest for a few hours and all these checked out okay BSOD playing Portal 2, Warframe, and other games, nlvddmkm.sys related The only issue I saw was that my GPU was running at - C during the stress test Attached is the zip made from the log collector my driver version is The issues may have started because of the new driver update as they started happening after I updated my card's drivers I BSOD playing Portal 2, Warframe, and other games, nlvddmkm.sys related tried installing an older version but the installation failed quot could not find compatible hardware quot I really appreciate any guidance you guys can give me and I will provide any extra information as soon as possible Thanks

A:BSOD playing Portal 2, Warframe, and other games, nlvddmkm.sys related

Right, although the issue may not be hardware 90C is still very hot even for a stress test. However we must take into consideration that it is a laptop we are dealing with here. I don't normally ask people to change drivers like this as it can cause lots of problems.

Can you go into device manager and expand display adapters, then right click on your GPU and click on roll back driver to see if that helps.

BEFORE YOU DO THIS can you please create a system restore point as it's not always the best way to solve and issue like this.

System Restore Point - Create

As I've always said, if it ain't broke don't fix it. This goes mainly for drivers, you updated your GFX drivers, why? I don't unless something requires me to do so or I have an issue. Others may not agree with me on this but I feel as though that is the best way to go.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/327278-bsod-playing-portal-2-warframe-other-games-nlvddmkm-sys-related.html
Relevancy 84.71%

Hello, I've been recently having problems and they are all apparently connected to nvlddmkm.sys and I don't know how to fix this, I've looked into this a lot and I'm not able to find any solutions. I have a NVIDIA GeForce 610M and I tried using the latest version as well (currently I have a version I believe it was released in February).
Thank you in advance.
EDIT: Forgot to mention the fact that this only happens when playing games, which so far never gave me a single problem. Other uses do not cause any crashes.

A:BSOD playing games in general, problem related to nvlddmkm.sys

Hello ITADarkFury, and welcome to Seven Forums.

Please read the instructions here: Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions, and post back with the needed information. One of our BSOD experts should be by later when able to further help.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/332640-bsod-playing-games-general-problem-related-nvlddmkm-sys.html
Relevancy 84.71%

OS - Windows or Vista Windows x -bit or x bit What was the original installed OS on the system Windows Home Premium bit Is the OS an OEM version came pre-installed on system or full retail version YOU purchased it from retailer OEM Approximate age of system hardware - years Approximate age of OS installation if you know Upgraded to windows months ago Have graphics Constant related. - when BSOD playing card games you Constant BSOD when playing games - graphics card related. re-installed the OS Yes both clean installs and keeping settings CPU i - Ghz Video Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX Previously had a sapphire HD which had similar BSOD problems MotherBoard if NOT a laptop ASUS P H D-M EVO Power Supply - brand amp wattage if NOT a laptop Cooler Master W V Elite Power Power Supply Unit System Manufacturer Novatech Exact model number if laptop check label on bottom There doesn't seem to be one sorry Laptop or Desktop Desktop The computer came with a very basic graphics card which I have Constant BSOD when playing games - graphics card related. upgraded twice Both upgrades worked okay for a while and then eventually turned into constant BSOD when trying to play games stream multiple videos at once Both graphics cards were second hand but both were said to be working fine I am essentially trying to find out if it is the graphics card s in which case I will buy a brand new replacement as long as my system can support it or whether the graphics card is fine in which case I will buy a whole new system and swap out the graphics card for my current one if it is working correctly Thanks in advance for any help

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/constant-bsod-when-playing-games-graphics-card-related-1085113.html
Relevancy 84.28%

It doesn't happen often but sometimes it freezes for a second while loading a certain game which works fine on another day and gives BSOD. Sometimes it happens after I've loaded the game and am in the moment of playing. My hardware is more than enough for the games I run and I even run them on low-mid even though I can manage high settings. The games I usually run are CS:GO, League of Legends and Modern Warfare 3 [rarely play; received 1 BSOD while loading it]

I've uploaded my dump files.

Thank you.

A:BSOD playing video games / loading video games [MEMORY_MANAGEMENT]

Hi miqballin.

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 1A, {41201, fffff6800001aca8, 8080000019905825, fffffa8003e5ded0}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+136f2 )

---------
According to Carrona.org, STOP 0x0000001A: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
Usual causes: Device driver, memory, kernel

So what you are to do here is

► Enable Driver Verifier.
Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable
Run Driver Verifier for 24 hours or the occurrence of the next crash, whichever is earlier.

► Test the RAM modules.
Run it for at least eight passes. Preferably overnight.

Let us know the results, with the subsequent crash dumps, if any.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/260492-bsod-playing-video-games-loading-video-games-memory_management.html
Relevancy 83.85%

i keep getting the BSOD while trying to play video clips sometimes... please help!
i have attached the minidump file

Thanks in advance,

Steve

A:BSOD appears with minidumps - playing certain video files

Figure out what's HEXPRO.sys. Google does not have it. If this is a driver then upgrade or un-install it and check if the crash goes away. Run anti-virus scanner, as well as trojan, malware scanners: Ad-aware and Spybot S&D.

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck E8, {816e9f70, 81b5ec20, 0, 0}

Unable to load image HEXPRO.sys, Win32 error 2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for HEXPRO.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for HEXPRO.sys
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for avg7rsxp.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for avg7rsxp.sys
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for avg7rsw.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for avg7rsw.sys
Probably caused by : HEXPRO.sys ( HEXPRO+36f8 )

---------

kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

INVALID_CANCEL_OF_FILE_OPEN (e8)
The fileobject passed to IoCancelFileOpen is invalid. It should have reference
of 1. The driver that called IoCancelFileOpen is at fault.
Arguments:
Arg1: 816e9f70, FileObject passed to IoCancelFileOpen
Arg2: 81b5ec20, DeviceObject passed to IoCancelFileOpen
Arg3: 00000000
Arg4: 00000000

Debugging Details:
------------------

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: INTEL_CPU_MICROCODE_ZERO

BUGCHECK_STR: 0xE8

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from 80614bd3 to 8053331e

STACK_TEXT:
f5ef243c 80614bd3 000000e8 816e9f70 81b5ec20 nt!KeBugCheckEx+0x1b
f5ef2474 f9a836f8 81b5ec20 816e9f70 817635c0 nt!IoCancelFileOpen+0x2a
WARNING: Stack unwind information not available. Following frames may be wrong.
f5ef24b4 f9a87001 81b5ec20 817635c0 f5ef2490 HEXPRO+0x36f8
f5ef24d8 804e3d38 81b5ec20 817635c0 f9a89d00 HEXPRO+0x7001
f5ef2508 f7dc9bb1 f5ef2750 f7dd0a17 81797a30 nt!IopfCompleteRequest+0xa2
f5ef2510 f7dd0a17 81797a30 817635c0 00000000 Fastfat!FatCompleteRequest_Real+0x49
f5ef2520 f7dd086d 81763790 819b6510 00000000 Fastfat!FatCommonCreate+0x12d6
f5ef2750 f7dcdce0 81797a30 817635c0 81763790 Fastfat!FatCommonCreate+0x1136
f5ef2794 804e37f7 81a0bc30 817635c0 f9a89d00 Fastfat!FatFsdCreate+0x52
f5ef27a4 f9a870c0 817637b4 00000000 81bced28 nt!IopfCallDriver+0x31
f5ef27b8 804e37f7 81b5ecd8 817635c0 817637d8 HEXPRO+0x70c0
f5ef27c8 805c51a7 81769ef8 817637bc 816e9f70 nt!IopfCallDriver+0x31
f5ef27ec f9e1a311 81b5ec20 817635c0 01000000 nt!IoForwardIrpSynchronously+0x5c
f5ef2848 f9e1a596 81769ef8 817635c0 81b5ec20 avg7rsxp+0x2311
f5ef2874 f9e197c1 81a0b478 81769ef8 f5ef298c avg7rsxp+0x2596
f5ef2884 f9f5c436 81a0b478 817635c0 817635d0 avg7rsxp+0x17c1
f5ef298c 8056316c 81ba3030 00000000 81804df8 avg7rsw+0x436
f5ef2a14 8056729a 00000000 f5ef2a54 00000240 nt!ObpLookupObjectName+0x56a
f5ef2a68 80570b73 00000000 00000000 56452f00 nt!ObOpenObjectByName+0xeb
f5ef2ae4 80570c42 f5ef2c20 00000081 f5ef2b8c nt!IopCreateFile+0x407
f5ef2b40 80594a61 f5ef2c20 00000081 f5ef2b8c nt!IoCreateFile+0x8e
f5ef2bb4 80595064 f5ef2bdc 00000081 f5ef2c14 nt!CcPfGetSectionObject+0x91
f5ef2c48 80594643 f5ef2c70 00000000 00000000 nt!CcPfPrefetchSections+0x2b7
f5ef2c88 805944bf e2681000 00080000 8... Read more

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-appears-with-minidumps-playing-certain-video-files.47736/
Relevancy 83.85%

Sometimes i get bsod while running games. i don't know whats causing this, i pretty much don't know about bsods.
I just suspect the reason is there is secondary/primary graphic card on my computer, its called apu.
Device manager shows two display adapters, one of them "AMD HD 7660G" (my processor is AMD A-10 4600 APU with Radeon HD Graphics).
Other one "AMD Radeon HD 7700 series" says the device manager. (HD 7730M Chelsea Pro says the sticker on laptop)

I had this issue both before the format, and after the format. .dmp file is the first bsod after format.
I will try provide information if you ask anything else than posted.
I would appreciate any help you could give me. Thanks!
Note: User Account Control disabled on my computer. If this info helps anything.

A:BSOD playing games, or opening high graphic related programs

Daemon Tools, Alcohol 120% and Power Archiver Pro uses SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD), which is a well known BSOD causer. Uninstall Daemon Tools at first. Then download SPTD standalone installer from Disk-Tools.com, and execute the downloaded file as guided below :
Double click to open it.
Click this button only:

If it is grayed out, as in the picture, there is no more SPTD in your system, and you just close the window.
A stop ox116 is a display/graphics related BSOD. And your display driver seems to be out of date.

Code:
Timestamp: Fri Mar 23 07:42:25 2012 (4F6BDC09)
Update your ATI/AMD display driver to the latest WHQL.
You can get it from the link in our forum, Latest AMD Catalyst Video Driver for Windows 7, or you may go to AMD Graphics Driver and Software and opt for Automatically Detect and Install the appropriate driver for your card.

During installation, you may opt for advanced installation, and install the display driver only, not the Catalyst Control Center.

Are you overclocking? As you are getting BSODs, you should stop overclocking and run all the hardware components like CPU, GPU and RAM to their default settings.

Check if the Power Supply Unit (PSU) supplying adequate power to the computer or not.
eXtreme Power Supply Calculator

Is the computer hot? Report us the heat of the computer after a couple of hours of your normal usage. Upload a screenshot of the summery tab of Speccy.

Let us know the results.
_________________________________________________________________________________________________

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 116, {fffffa800c10d4e0, fffff8800409c9f0, 0, 2}

Probably caused by : atikmpag.sys ( atikmpag+79f0 )

---------

3: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (116)
Arguments:
Arg1: fffffa800c10d4e0, Optional pointer to internal TDR recovery context (TDR_RECOVERY_CONTEXT).
Arg2: fffff8800409c9f0, The pointer into responsible device driver module (e.g. owner tag).

Debugging Details:
------------------
FAULTING_IP:
atikmpag+79f0
fffff880`0409c9f0 4883ec28 sub rsp,28h

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`093bd888 fffff880`04147140 : 00000000`00000116 fffffa80`0c10d4e0 fffff880`0409c9f0 00000000`00000000 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`093bd890 fffff880`04146e4a : fffff880`0409c9f0 fffffa80`0c10d4e0 fffffa80`09e43910 fffffa80`0a3cd410 : dxgkrnl!TdrBugcheckOnTimeout+0xec
fffff880`093bd8d0 fffff880`0537bf13 : fffffa80`0c10d4e0 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`09e43910 fffffa80`0a3cd410 : dxgkrnl!TdrIsRecoveryRequired+0x1a... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/309606-bsod-playing-games-opening-high-graphic-related-programs.html
Relevancy 82.99%

Was playing Diablo 3 and computer suddenly rebooted itself and gave me a BSOD, this is the error it showed me and I also have the files zipped from my actual .DMP file and the zipped file from the tool this site has to get info for it. I would greatly appreciate it if someone can help me in figuring out why this happened. I just don't have the knowledge to read what it says.

A:BSOD while playing Diablo 3, think it might be driver related.

You have recieved a stop 0x124 error BSOD Index
Have a look at this thread for some more info/ideas
Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try

Check temps in machine as it could be heat related

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/283006-bsod-while-playing-diablo-3-think-might-driver-related.html
Relevancy 82.99%

Since last week some time I'd been experiencing various crashes while playing Team Fortress It only randomly crashed twice last week which I didn't think anything of but the past few days has been an on-going battle Last night video apparently stopped being rendered while I was playing Rather than crashing I still had audio from the game I could still move and hear my character moving but I had no video All I could see was what was behind the game ie firefox and another program So I end-tasked the game to try and search for a possible cause and solution in firefox only to discover that the three tabs I had open weren't being rendered either They were just blank white pages and firefox had to be end-tasked It continued to do this and I was essentially unable to use firefox I tried running Minecraft BSOD crashing. TF2; other video-related playing and had a blank white window appear rather than the launcher login screen that normally appeared I restarted and everything was fine Because I was using an older video driver I updated to the latest version available and it didn't help I rolled them back to a much older version and that didn't help either I'm currently using the original version I had installed which I had no problems out of until this random crashing started Today however during a session of TF I actually had a BSOD I didn't catch everything from the BSOD but the event viewer reads Code The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck The bugcheck was x xa a d b b xb b eee ef xfffff BSOD playing TF2; other video-related crashing. f db x A dump was saved in C Windows MEMORY DMP Report Id - - All google BSOD playing TF2; other video-related crashing. searching makes it sound like one of three things Driver causing the problem Hardware causing the problem either this video card or possibly memory maybe even something else So I'm at a loss as what to do Since I've frequented these forums in the past I already had the SF Diagnostic Tool and went ahead and created a file to upload with this post Anyway thanks in advance I'm not sure exactly what's going on but it's looking like potentially the video card since this seems to happen only when gaming If that's the case I can go ahead and start an RMA since this thing has a lifetime warranty thanks EVGA The bad part is I ship for basic military training on the th of May so unless I shipped it off for an RMA Monday I may not be here when the new card arrives haha Note that this would be the second RMA on this video card I've had to do The first RMA was with the original card I'd purchased I'm currently using one EVGA sent me from that RMA Edit I contemplated running Driver Verifier after a few google searches and running in to a similar thread on these forums but I figured I'd post my SF Tool zip file first and see what you guys think Edit Last night some time before I was shutting this down for the night I started having errors with GDI dll some quot no entry point found quot for what looked like a quot draw rect quot function I have no idea what caused it it just happened randomly and I was unable to open any new programs because of it Restarting fixed that but still a bad sign Edit After talking with a friend of mine he seems to think it's either this hard drive or the RAM Apparently anything visual uses GDI so for the Rectangle function to not be working properly is either the hard drive reading the file incorrectly or the DLL being corrupted in the RAM I've had to RMA this hard drive before and one of my three stick of RAM so it wouldn't surprise me if it was either

A:BSOD playing TF2; other video-related crashing.

Thread marked as Solved.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/329066-bsod-playing-tf2-other-video-related-crashing.html
Relevancy 82.56%

It started yesterday when I attempted to launch a game Civilization V through Steam and got the BSOD error I Games BSOD on Steam/Launching Games Installing Steam When Through uninstalled and re-installed Steam my graphics drivers everything I can possibly think of including a general fix Steam itself responded to me with which was completely unspecific to my issue - they clearly can't be bothered and I am to the point where I have asked for a refund for my games because it is just that hopeless In a last ditch effort to get my computer straight I BSOD When Installing Games on Steam/Launching Games Through Steam downloaded BlueScreenView and this is what it has told me Mind you there are multiple errors From this afternoon before driver re-install and disc check - SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION x B - File names listed as issues ntoskrnl exe and tcpip sys I also had this issue last night More recently after all of my quot fixes quot - DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL x d - File names listed as issues athrx sys and ntoskrnl exe again Even in older crashes ntoskrnl exe has been listed as an issue and I don't have enough knowledge of this sort of thing to have any idea what this means Is there hope BSOD When Installing Games on Steam/Launching Games Through Steam for me

A:BSOD When Installing Games on Steam/Launching Games Through Steam

I have disabled my wireless connection and connected to the internet to download using an ethernet cable, and all is going well at the moment.
Launching games was also an issue, but the downloading has been fixed!

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/294780-bsod-when-installing-games-steam-launching-games-through-steam.html
Relevancy 79.98%

Hi First (always) on Steam & Games error Steam 0x124 Freeze BSOD time here as many I think so Hello again First of all I'm French well excuse me for my sadly bad english I've seen many BSOD marked as answered so I'm trying here 'cause I've exhausted all my skills Bug Description Before wiping win BSOD and freeze time to time on WebBrowsing log on screen Steam Description Always BSOD BSOD Steam Games & Freeze (always) on Steam error 0x124 hal dll hal x A B After wiping Win - BSOD on The Witcher only game reinstalled almost everytime same same moment same moment And everytime BSOD Steam Games & Freeze (always) on Steam error 0x124 on Steam in any game description Clicking on game video charging sec and freeze or BSOD Background I have performed a new Windows Ultimate x SP installation days BSOD Steam Games & Freeze (always) on Steam error 0x124 ago and still nothing What I have tried - MemTest with solo memory and with both memory - OCCT for GPU CPU Power Supply - Hd Tune for SSD HDD - Almost all drivers up to date not all but GPU SDD Firmware BIOS and some others - Up to date Win - Tried uplug all component except SSD OS and the BSOD was still there but many minutes later as usual - Change RAM slot and playing with ram only - no Overcloking performed - fan speed and heat never go higher than Celsius for GPU and for CPU on stress mode - Safe Mode and no freeze on Steam althrough I can test The Witcher on Safe mode Config on my description for major components I'm really need help on this one and I hope I have created the thread like you want Say anything and I'll correct without questionning it

A:BSOD Steam Games & Freeze (always) on Steam error 0x124

Stop 0x124 is usually a hardware related issue, but actually it may be caused by anything and everything in the computers environment. Unfortunately the crash dumps are not very effective for the 0x124 BSODs.

Please read this: Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try

Read the article carefully. Proceed with the remaining tests. Let us know if any assistance or clarification is needed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/370699-bsod-steam-games-freeze-always-steam-error-0x124.html
Relevancy 79.98%

Hey guys,

So recently I've been getting quite a few BSODs from my 6 month old laptop.
For the research I've installed bluescreenview to see what is causing the crashes.
Here is the logs for the most recent crash I had (Which is about 20 mins earlier):

==================================================
Dump File : 011014-13728-01.dmp
Crash Time : 2014/1/10 下午 10:01:24
Bug Check String :
Bug Check Code : 0x00000116
Parameter 1 : fffffa80`0cf52010
Parameter 2 : fffff880`106712bc
Parameter 3 : ffffffff`c000009a
Parameter 4 : 00000000`00000004
Caused By Driver : dxgkrnl.sys
Caused By Address : dxgkrnl.sys+5d140
File Description : DirectX Graphics Kernel
Product Name : Microsoft? Windows? Operating System
Company : Microsoft Corporation
File Version : 6.1.7601.18228 (win7sp1_gdr.130731-2222)
Processor : x64
Crash Address : ntoskrnl.exe+75bc0
Stack Address 1 :
Stack Address 2 :
Stack Address 3 :
Computer Name :
Full Path : C:\Windows\Minidump\011014-13728-01.dmp
Processors Count : 4
Major Version : 15
Minor Version : 7601
Dump File Size : 478,440
Dump File Time : 2014/1/10 下午 10:02:57
==================================================
If there is any other additional information need, I'm most gladly to provide.

A:BSOD Probably related to video driver

Hi circle26.

Update the display driver to 332.21 WHQL.

Are you overclocking? As you are getting BSODs, you should stop overclocking and run all the hardware components like CPU, GPU and RAM to their default settings.

Is the computer hot? Report us the heat of the computer after a couple of hours of your normal usage. Upload a screenshot of the summery tab of Speccy. Alternatively, you can publish a Speccy snapshot too: Speccy - Publish Snapshot of your System Specs .

Let us know the results. For any further issue, post it following the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions.
_________________________________________________________________________________________

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 116, {fffffa800cf52010, fffff880106712bc, ffffffffc000009a, 4}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+99b2bc )

---------

2: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (116)
Arguments:
Arg1: fffffa800cf52010, Optional pointer to internal TDR recovery context (TDR_RECOVERY_CONTEXT).
Arg2: fffff880106712bc, The pointer into responsible device driver module (e.g. owner tag).
Arg3: ffffffffc000009a, Optional error code (NTSTATUS) of the last failed operation.
Arg4: 0000000000000004, Optional internal context dependent data.

Debugging Details:
------------------
FAULTING_IP:
nvlddmkm+99b2bc
fffff880`106712bc 803de6fceeff00 cmp byte ptr [nvlddmkm+0x88afa9 (fffff880`10560fa9)],0

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`07136a48 fffff880`06494140 : 00000000`00000116 fffffa80`0cf52010 fffff880`106712bc ffffffff`c000009a : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`07136a50 fffff880`06467867 : fffff880`106712bc fffffa80`0cc21000 00000000`00000000 ffffffff`c000009a : dxgkrnl!TdrBugcheckOnTimeout+0xec
fffff880`07136a90 fffff880`06493f4f : fffffa80`ffffd84d 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`0cf52010 00000000`00000000 : dxgkrnl!DXGADAPTER::Reset+0x2a3
fffff880`07136b40 fffff880`0656303d : fffffa80`0a726c10 00000000`00000080 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`0cb7d410 : dxgkrnl!TdrResetFromTimeout+0x23
fffff880`07136bc0 fffff800`05f2d2ea : 00000000`026c1cb4 fffffa80`0ca03b50 fffffa80`06988b30 fffffa80`0ca03b50 : dxgmms1!VidSchiWorkerThread+0x101
fffff880`07136c00 fffff800`05c818e6 : fffff880`049b4180 fffffa80`0ca03b50 fffff880`049befc0 00000000`00000000 : nt!PspSystemThreadStartup+0x5a
fffff880`07136c40 00000000`00000000 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiStartSystemThread+0x16
STACK_COMMAND: .bugcheck ; kb

FOLLOWUP_IP:
nvlddmkm+99b2bc
fffff880`106712bc 803de6fceeff00 cmp ... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/317936-bsod-probably-related-video-driver.html
Relevancy 79.12%

Windows service pack bit this is the original os original install full retail version I built this system in late december os install is of the same age cpu - Intel Core i graphics card - NVIDIA GeForce GTX Ti motherboard - MSI B MA-E MS- power supply - silverstone ST F-ES w When I open some programs chrome skype steam games in general the screen goes black and either comes back saying my video driver crashed and recovered or just restarts and windows says I had a bsod I never actually get to see the bsod It also can happen when I first load something that uses flash youtube video twitch tv stream It can also BSOD related? Video [SOLVED] Driver - happen when I call someone on skype It does not happen consistently I can go a couple days without a bsod I can get in an hour and it isn't the same program resulting in a crash each time The last [SOLVED] BSOD - Video Driver related? one was when I opened starcraft BlueScreenView points to dxgkrnl sys d I've tried different versions of the graphics driver with no success I made sure directx was up to date no change Driver verifier did result in a bsod It stopped all together for about a week when I updated my bios but now it's back in full swing

A:[SOLVED] BSOD - Video Driver related?

Recommendations:Crashes were all 0x116 crashes. You have swapped drivers, but make sure to follow the instructions for cleanly swapping them laid out below.

BugCheck 0x116
These crashes are DirectX/graphics card related. DirectX comes installed with Windows, so this may indicate Windows corruption. It may also be that you have corrupted drivers or a graphics card hardware problem.
If you are overclocking any hardware, please stop.

Run a system file check to check Windows for corruption: Click Start Menu
Click All Programs
Click Accessories
Right click Command Prompt
Click Run as administrator
Type
Code:
sfc /scannow
and press Enter
Once it is complete, make note of the message. If it says Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations., restart your computer and post back
If the message does not say Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations., restart your computer and do steps 1-6 again.
You may need to do steps 1-6 up to three times with a restart in between each run to resolve all corrupted files.
If you still have corrupted files after a fourth run, post back here with the following:Click Start Menu
Click Computer
Open your C: drive
Open Windows
Open Logs
Open CBS
Copy and paste CBS.log or CBS (it may not have the log extension) to a location you will remember.
Compress (zip) the CBS file and attach the .zip file to your next post.

Follow the steps for Diagnosing basic problems with DirectX. To re-install your display card drivers as outlined in the DirectX link, use the following steps.
Download the drivers you want for your display card(s)
Click Start Menu
Click Control Panel
Click Uninstall a program
For NVIDIA:Uninstall the NVIDIA Graphics Driver (this should uninstall all NVIDIA software and drivers)
Restart your computer
Make sure NVIDIA 3D Vision Driver, NVIDIA 3D Vision Video Player, NVIDIA HD Audio Driver, and NVIDIA PhysX System Software are not still listed under Uninstall a program through Control Panel
If any remain of the above, uninstall one at a time
If asked to restart after uninstalling any of the above, do so, and continue uninstalling any remaining NVIDIA items until all are removed

Restart your computer after uninstalling drivers for all display cards
Install the driver you selected for the display cards once Windows starts

Remember to try multiple versions of the graphics drivers, download them fresh, and install the freshly downloaded drivers.

Quote:

Before you proceed with the following, answer these two questions: Are you still under warranty? Does your warranty allow you to open up the machine to check hardware? If you are unsure of the answers to these questions, contact your system manufacturer. WARNING: The steps that follow can void your warranty!!!

For 0x116 Video TDR Error crashes: A 0x116 TDR crash means the system sent a signal to the display card to refresh the video, and the display card did not respond. This may be due to a driver error or a hardware error with respect to the display card.If you are overclocking any hardware, please stop.

Monitor temperatures during the following tests. Use the following programs to monitor the temperatures. Real Temp is a good CPU temperature monitor.
Speccy - System Information - Free Download will monitor all hardware temperatures.
HWiNFO, HWiNFO32 & HWiNFO64 - Hardware Information and Analysis Tools can be inaccurate for CPU temperatures, but is a good program for GPU temperature monitoring.

Run FurMark to test the display card for artifacts and temperature issues.

Run Display card memory tests to check the display card for memory problems.

Run Memtest86+ for at least 7-10 passes. It may take up to 22 passes to find problems. Make sure to run it once after the system has been on for a few hours and is warm, and then also run it again when the system has been off for a few hours and is cold.

Run Prime95 to te... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/solved-bsod-video-driver-related-685226.html
Relevancy 79.12%

Hello all I'm new here so please bear with me Recently I've been experiencing very frequent BSODs and I'm not sure what is the root cause so I need some help For starters I've attached the required files after running the SF Diag Tool I'm running Win Home Premium on an Asus U JC laptop which is about a year old I've made a few possibly related observations High chance of video crashes possible driver BSOD related - BSOD if I'm playing a video either youtube or streaming client A telltale sign is intermittent audio stuttering Shockwave flash plugin seems to be crashing on Chrome and Firefox a lot when I BSOD - possible video driver related crashes visit flash sites The spate of BSODs started to happen on and after th April I did a quick check to see what significant programs have been installed after this date and they are ASUS FancyStart ver Asus ControlDeck ver WinFlash BSOD - possible video driver related crashes ASUS Virtual Camera ver Microsoft Visual C redistributable - x Otherwise there doesn't seem to be anything out of the ordinary I hope someone can help me resolve this Thank you in advance EDIT I forgot to mention that not all crashes result in a BSOD Some crashes happen in the midst of playing a video with the audio stutter on loop Some crashes are during seemingly random times when using different applications I use this laptop for work so I don't do any gaming graphic intensive stuff

A:BSOD - possible video driver related crashes

Yes, several of the BSODs seems to be related to the graphics drivers, you need to update both the Intel driver and the Nvidia Driver.

fffff880`0740a000 fffff880`07ff4700 nvlddmkm Mon Sep 06 02:02:17 2010 (4C842F89)
fffff880`0823a000 fffff880`08c58b60 igdkmd64 Wed Aug 25 21:35:58 2010 (4C75709E)

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/244933-bsod-possible-video-driver-related-crashes.html
Relevancy 79.12%

Long story short Built the system in January Ran like a dream Around November December started having issues with the video card or what seemed to be the video card crashing intermittently freezing kaleidoscope-like on the screen after a few seconds It would happen seemingly at random sometimes once a week other times once every minutes It would happen with nearly every game possible SO two years after building the system I decide to finally replace the video BSOD/driver Video crashes related card assuming that was the issue as I know it s dying because it s fan grinds like mad now Works like a charm until Video related BSOD/driver crashes I try to play Starcraft II Starcraft II begins to play fine generally for about - minutes then freezes for - seconds and crashes the Video related BSOD/driver crashes drivers or just stays frozen altogether both times requiring a hard reboot If I try to play it in Windowed Mode it ll do the same thing except instead of crashing the drivers it pulls the kaleidoscope stunt that my old card did but only for the actual game window not my full monitor freezing my screen completely This isn t a once in awhile issue it s a guaranteed if i try to play Starcraft II for any medium to extended period of time even an hour it will crash the drivers card The same issue has happened - times playing Heroes of Newerth drivers crashing and only one time while playing Black Ops ever and I can play it for - hours straight and not have issues FULL RIG PSU RaidMax w modular CPU Intel Core Duo ghz Dual Core RAM x gb Dual Channel Corsair DDR OS Windows XP -bit SP OEM install MOBO MSI P N Platinum SLI i motherboard GFX MSI nVidia GTX GB Old card nVidia GT mb PC is sufficiently cooled as well as the graphics card I use hardware monitors and fan monitors to watch the temperatures and the temperature is never above Celsius when it crashes and the card can safely break - getting too hot around here as per the hardware specs given by MSI for safety The graphics card also has two power connectors instead of the usual one also but my PSU has a modular connector for a second rail connector for the card From what I ve conferred with colleagues it s likely to be Faulty RAM Faulty MOBO Faulty Card very unlikely as it s the same issue that plagued my previous card Faulty Drivers tested over a dozen different drivers using both the clean install feature of the drivers as well as Driver Sweeper in between EVERY install to test When I contacted the MSI tech department they told to me start swapping parts in and out which I had tested with the previous card as well as new harddrive and windows install and when I told them what I had previously tried he seemed to jump to the conclusion that it must magically be my OEM copy of Windows XP causing the problems and I should get a retail copy of Windows and install it Their solution was to get me to buy a new - retail copy of an operating system that I CANNOT RETURN to nearly ANY if not ALL software vendors to see if it fixes the issue giving me no alternative Both minidumps that I have reference quot Probably caused by nv mini sys nv mini d quot Any event log cites the cause as nv or nVidia it s description being quot Unknown error on CMDre quot In the event viewer most of the crashes are - logs long however there are a few crashes where the log posts the same event date and timestamp are the exact same and times on three occassions times on one occassion and times yes event logs of the same event all at once on another occassion If anyone has any insight or needs any extra info that would be great nbsp

A:Video related BSOD/driver crashes

This is a known problem called an infinite loop with the Nvidia driver. I'm just searching for a solution.

Well, after a lot of searching I could write a book on the number of different solutions I came across. The only common denominator is the driver for the graphics card. These problems with the infinite loop go back at least 5 years. If you google for Nv4 infinite loop you will see what I mean.

My only suggestion is to first follow this guide to delete any drivers that were installed and have not been deleted. This process allows you to delete drivers that you would otherwise not be able to see that could be causing conflicts. Follow this by downloading the latest driver from Nvidia and installing it. This works for XP as well as Vista and 7.

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/remove-old-drivers-after-upgrading-to-new-hardware/

I would also reinstall the motherboard chipset driver with the latest version and check that your bios is up to date.

The latest driver from Nvidia is only about a month old so will hopefully be OK once any old drivers are cleaned out.

Other than upgrading to XP 64 bit or taking the leap to windows 7 I found no other viable suggestions.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-related-bsod-driver-crashes.162228/
Relevancy 77.83%

random bluescreens on several different games .
Windows 7 x64
recent motherboard change and fresh os install windows home upgrade ...

A:BSOD when playing video games

Problem Devices:
Code:
Ethernet Controller PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8136&SUBSYS_230D1565&REV_05\4&ABBF86&0&00E1 The drivers for this device are not installed.
I recommend installing all drivers for all devices. You may disable the device after installing it if you wish.
Problematic Software:
Code:
Start Menu\Programs\PC Tools Registry Mechanic Public:Start Menu\Programs\PC Tools Registry Mechanic Public
Many of us on the forums actually do not recommend automated optimization tools for Windows 7. Windows 7 does a much better job of handling its own optimization than its predecessors did. We especially do not recommend registry cleaning as an "optimization" step because automated registry cleaning causes more harm to the registry than it actually repairs.

In the future, if you need help optimizing Windows 7, please post a thread in Performance & Maintenance - Windows 7 Forums or follow the tutorial enclosed in that forum to Optimize Windows 7.
For that Bugcheck:

Quote: Originally Posted by Windows Dev Center - Hardware

Cause

Frequently, you can determine the cause of the KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR bug check from the error status (Parameter 2). Some common status codes include the following:0xC000009A, or STATUS_INSUFFICIENT_RESOURCES, indicates a lack of nonpaged pool resources.

0xC000009C, or STATUS_DEVICE_DATA_ERROR, typically indicates bad blocks (sectors) on the hard disk.

0xC000009D, or STATUS_DEVICE_NOT_CONNECTED, indicates defective or loose cabling, termination, or that the controller does not see the hard disk.

0xC000016A, or STATUS_DISK_OPERATION_FAILED, indicates bad blocks (sectors) on the hard disk.

0xC0000185, or STATUS_IO_DEVICE_ERROR, indicates improper termination or defective cabling on SCSI devices or that two devices are trying to use the same IRQ.

These status codes are the most common ones that have specific causes. For more information about other possible status codes that can be returned, see the Ntstatus.h file in the Microsoft Windows Driver Kit (WDK).

Another common cause of this error message is defective hardware or failing RAM.

A virus infection can also cause this bug check.

Resolution

Resolving a bad block problem: An I/O status code of 0xC000009C or 0xC000016A typically indicates that the data could not be read from the disk because of a bad block (sector). If you can restart the computer after the error, Autochk runs automatically and attempts to map the bad sector to prevent it from being used anymore.

If Autochk does not scan the hard disk for errors, you can manually start the disk scanner. Run Chkdsk /f /r on the system partition. You must restart the computer before the disk scan begins. If you cannot start the computer because of the error, use the Recovery Console and run Chkdsk /r.

Warning If your system partition is formatted with the FAT file system, the long file names that the Windows operating system uses might be damaged if you use Scandisk or another MS-DOS-based hard disk tool to verify the integrity of your hard disk from MS-DOS. Always use the version of Chkdsk that matches your version of Windows.

Resolving a defective hardware problem: If the I/O status is C0000185 and the paging file is on an SCSI disk, check the disk cabling and SCSI termination for problems.

Resolving a failing RAM problem: Run the hardware diagnostics that the system manufacturer supplies, especially the memory scanner. For more information about these procedures, see the owner's manual for your computer.

Check that all the adapter cards in the computer are properly seated. Use an ink eraser or an electrical contact treatment, available at electronics supply stores, to ensure adapter card contacts are clean.

Check the System Log in Event Viewer for additional error messages that might help identify the device that is causing the error. You can also disable memory caching of the BIOS ... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/232949-bsod-when-playing-video-games.html
Relevancy 77.83%

Brand new computer. Less than 2 weeks old.

Asrocks extreme3 gen3 board
Sapphire hd6850 2g ddr5 pcie 2.1
2500k i5
Reinstalled Windows 1 day ago.
Memtest found 0 errors

I get was getting bsod when playing any kind of game. Took the video card out to test and see if it was the issue and it now will blue screen every time I boot not into safe mode. getting an error from perfmon saying The system cannot find the path specified. Let me know if you need any additional info. Mike

A:BSOD Playing lol or other video games

Not the video but Related to MBfilt64.sys Audio Driver from Creative Technology Ltd. I would re-install newest,

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/222687-bsod-playing-lol-other-video-games.html
Relevancy 77.83%

Hi there, I seem to get constant BSOD's whenever I play video games such as the witcher 2, Star wars: Knights of the old republic etc. I never get a BSOD otherwise.

My PC specs are below:

Motherboard: Asus M2N-SLI DELUXE
RAM: 3GB Corsair DDR2
Hard drive: 250GB, SATA
DVD Drive: Sony DVD+R 20x
Graphics Card: Gecube Radeon HD 3850
CPU: AMD Athlon(tm) core processor 6400+

Whenever a BSOD occurs its always PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA, caused by the address: ntoskrnl.exe+705c0

I've tried numerous things to locate the source, such as memory tests, new power supply, disk checks however nothing seems to help.

My most recent mini dump file is:

Bug Check string: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
Bug Check code: 0x00000050
Parameter 1: fffff880`0a27c000
Parameter 2: 00000000`00000000
Parameter 3: fffff800`03172b5a
Parameter 4: 00000000`00000000
Caused by driver: ntoskrnl.exe
Caused by Address: ntoskrnl.exe+705c0
Crash Address: ntoskrnl.exe+705c0

A:BSOD while playing video games

How about trying to update the video cards driver from AMD/ATI's website

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-while-playing-video-games.176978/
Relevancy 77.83%

Hi all. I have just received a BSOD while playing a game called Planet Explorers on my computer. I am unable to find out how to analyze the dump file, and I can't upload it here because, even when compressed, the file is 184 MB. Can anyone help me find a solution to this?

I can laos provide any specs or anything else that is need if that is necessary.

Domenic

Hello and welcome flaccorice mate you need to use this to read the dump files
WinDBG - Install and Configure for BSOD Analysis
and I am assuming you can read them of course. I have just started doing this and it is no easy task

Also yes mate it is a very good idea to upload the specs on your machine so we can see what we are working with ie no good replacing the tyres on a car unless one know what size they need to be

System Info - See Your System Specs

Now it would again be a good idea to upload the dump files anyway as many hands make light work.
Dump Files - Upload to SevenForums

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/362650-bsod-while-playing-video-games.html
Relevancy 77.83%

I've built a custom computer almost a year ago and have been having problems with games playing while BSOD video most it eversince At first random crashes and BSOD were bearable and i didn't make much of them months ago it finally became unbearable and i wasn't able to play of my video games They all crashed after minutes if the computer didn't reboot because of a BSOD first There were a couple of times where these didn't happen at all and because of this inconsistency i was unable to reproduce this problem when i brought my pc to a computer engineer Even if they saw what the problem was no one could tell BSOD while playing most video games me what caused it Needless to say i have formatted my hard drives and did multiple clean installs since and before then to no avail A month ago with one of my friends we thought we solved the problem after we disabled my motherboard's wi-fi go option and none of the stress tests came back with a BSOD they didn't last mins before But after a week the same problem came back and i have been trying to deal with it eversince To be more brief -Video Games crash to desktop most times -Every or crash where i'm playing video games is replaced by a BSOD instead -It has given me BSODs a couple of times when i'm not playing a video game but it's very very rare What i have tried -Complete clean installs on multiple different internal HDDs -Different versions of Windows and even Windows -Cooling down the system to the point that i'm now using fans -I have rolled my LAN and GPU drivers back and did clean installs on them I'm sorry if i've given too much information or if i have given too little but this really has bothered me to the point that i've thought about selling each part individually and building a new custom PC I hope you come up with a solution that finally solves this irritating problem that could potentially ruin my life Edit After reviewing the zip file i've attached i've realized that it only includes a couple of dump files this i suspect is because i've used ccleaner earlier today Most earlier dump files consisted of quot DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL quot and quot nvlddmkm sys quot and i realize that the ones i've attached do not So there you go

A:BSOD while playing most video games

Code:
Host Name: MURATHANK-PC
OS Version: 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
Registered Owner: MURATHANK
Registered Organization:
Product ID: 00426-OEM-8992662-00173
Original Install Date: 08.07.2013, 21:11:30
System Boot Time: 21.08.2013, 21:33:30
System Manufacturer: System manufacturer
System Model: System Product Name
Post this report:Activation Issue Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/302035-bsod-while-playing-most-video-games.html
Relevancy 77.83%

So I've been having bsod problems for the past month or so and they seem to always happen when I'm playing games, mainly Ark:Survival evolved and Overwatch. It doesn't happen after a few minutes or anything but after a long gaming session like 5-8 hours it would bsod. Here is my dm log.

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/51694-bsod-while-playing-video-games.html
Relevancy 77.83%

Hi i have been getting blue screens only while playing video games after about - min I have been able to stop them but to do so i have to set up a huge fan next to my computer So i assumed the problem was from overheating However i recorded the BSOD while video playing games temperatures with BSOD while playing video games speed fan These were the highest temperatures i noticed while playing games just before they BSOD while playing video games give me a BSOD GPU C Temp C Temp C Temp - C HDO C Core C Now i don't know BSOD while playing video games very much about computers but those temperatures dont seem very high for running high graphics video games I also wrote down the error on the blue screen STOP x E x x x x Any help would be greatly appreciated as the fan i have to use is very loud and big Oh and im running windows bit I tried to upload the dump files but im a noob Whenever i try to upload the file it keeps giving me an invalid file error Again any help at all will be super appreciated as ive been dealing with this problem for a long time

062311-24694-01.dmp:
Invalid File

Thats the error i get when i try to upload the file.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/171634-bsod-while-playing-video-games.html
Relevancy 77.83%

So I believe this problem started for me on Sunday. I had posted another problem in another thread and had thought this problem had been fixed for good. but sadly not. For some strange reason whenever I play this game called (League of Legends) my computer will crash and give me the BSOD! It does not happen automatically and not even all the time. When we had first thought this problem to be solved it allowed me to play 3 games before it crashed. Then it crashed when I attempted to load a youtube video. Right now it is allowing me to view youtube videos fine.
I am not sure exactly what the problem is. Here are the .dmp files.

A:BSOD when playing video or games

Hi Kingsolara. Please follow these instructions for posting BSODs.

http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/206247-bsod-when-playing-video-games.html
Relevancy 77.83%

Hello, recently I've been experiencing some problems. I get the BSOD while playing video games. At first, it only happened with Simpsons HIT&RUN (pretty old game), other games worked fine. Yesterday, bsod started appearing while I was playing Tomb Raider after about 3 hours of gameplay. Now, it happens every time I start the game, after about 10-20 minutes.
I attached the dmp file, thanks in advance!

Please reconfigure windows to collect the correct info
You want small memory dumps - "MiniDumps"

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/174459-dump-files-configure-windows-create-bsod.html

And here are the instructions for posting:

http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html

Tip
Ensure you click the "GRAB ALL" button and then wait for each window to appear in turn and then click OK

Cheers

Dave

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/283962-bsod-while-playing-video-games.html
Relevancy 77.83%

Hi I've had a lot of BSOD recently and only when playing video games, I've tried updating the drivers i could find and it haven't solved my problem.

My specs are:
Windows 7 Home premium 32-bit
AMD phenom(tm) II X4 940 Processor (4 CPUS)
4 gb ram
NVIDIA Geforce GTX 460

Anyone able to help finding and solving the issue?

A:BSOD when playing video games

Recommendations:Crashes point to a hardware fault. Do the following hardware testing:

Quote:

NOTE:If you are overclocking any hardware, please stop.

Run FurMark to test the display card for artifacts and temperature issues.

Run Display card memory tests to check the display card for memory problems.

Run all Basic tests with SeaTools: S.M.A.R.T. Check, Short Drive Self Test, Drive Information, Short Generic, and Long Generic. Run the tests for all HDDs.SeaTools for Windows

SeaTools for DOS
Run Memtest86+ for at least 7-10 passes. It may take up to 22 passes to find problems. Make sure to run it once after the system has been on for a few hours and is warm, and then also run it again when the system has been off for a few hours and is cold.

Run Prime95 to test your CPU, RAM modules, and general hardware.

I also recommend you update/replace/remove the following drivers:

AODDriver2.sys Tue Mar 6 01:39:27 2012 (4F55CD3F)
AMD Overdrive; also in EasyTune6 for Gigabyte motherboard [br] Known BSOD issues in Win7
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=AODDriver2.sys

To update drivers, make sure to download the drivers from the manufacturer and not using 3rd party programs. Your drivers should be found from your motherboard support site (ASUS, Gigabyte, MSI, etc.) or your vendor support site (Dell, HP, Toshiba, Sony, etc.) first. If you have devices you bought yourself, the drivers for those devices need to be downloaded from the manufacturer support site for those devices. If you need help, let us know.

To remove drivers, do so by uninstalling the device or software associated with the driver. Devices can be uninstalled through device manager, and then the device itself should be physically removed from the system if possible.

3rd Party Drivers: The following is for information purposes only. My recommendations were given above. The drivers that follow belong to software or devices that were not developed by Microsoft. Any drivers in red should be updated/replaced/removed. You can find links to the driver information and where to update the drivers in the section after the code box:

Code:
**************************Sun Nov 11 09:23:27.429 2012 (GMT-7)**************************
amdiox86.sys Thu Feb 18 08:17:49 2010 (4B7D5A1D)
amdxata.sys Fri Mar 19 10:19:01 2010 (4BA3A3F5)
RTL8192cu.sys Tue Jun 15 03:57:18 2010 (4C174E7E)
Rt86win7.sys Fri Mar 4 08:13:37 2011 (4D7101A1)
AODDriver2.sys Tue Mar 6 01:39:27 2012 (4F55CD3F)
RTKVHDA.sys Tue Jun 19 02:49:44 2012 (4FE03D28)
nvhda32v.sys Tue Jul 3 09:24:41 2012 (4FF30EB9)
MpFilter.sys Thu Aug 23 13:09:09 2012 (50367FD5)
nvlddmkm.sys Tue Oct 2 12:15:55 2012 (506B2F5B)
**************************Sun Nov 11 07:21:44.170 2012 (GMT-7)**************************
RTKVHDA.sys Tue Aug 18 03:30:35 2009 (4A8A74BB)
Rt86win7.sys Thu Aug 20 10:04:54 2009 (4A8D7426)
**************************Fri Oct 19 07:08:43.345 2012 (GMT-7)**************************
nvlddmkm.sys Thu Aug 30 09:46:59 2012 (503F8AF3)

http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=amdiox86.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=amdxata.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=RTL8192cu.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=Rt86win7.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=AODDriver2.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=RTKVHDA.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=nvhda32v.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=MpFilter.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=nvlddmkm.sys
http://www.c... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-when-playing-video-games-675216.html
Relevancy 77.83%

I have my pc for 2 years and never had a problem until recently. The last days i'm getting a BSOD randomly but always happens when i'm playing a video game. Anyone can tell me why and how to fix it?

My system :
OPERATING SYSTEM:
Windows 2.6.1.7601 (Service Pack 1)
CPU TYPE:
AMD Phenom(tm) II X6 1090T Processor
CPU SPEED:
3.23 GHz
SYSTEM MEMORY:
4.29 GB
VIDEO CARD MODEL:
ATI Radeon HD 5800 Series
VIDEO CARD MEMORY:
2.94 GB
VIDEO CARD DRIVER:
aticfx32.dll
DESKTOP RESOLUTION:
1920x1080
HARD DISK SIZE:
500 GB
HARD DISK FREE SPACE:
426.53 GB (85%)

Hello,

How are the temps and voltage readings? If the PC is currently overclocked please reset back to defaults for testing purposes

Boot into the BIOS and post the temp and voltage readings. Usually Under Hardware Monitor,PC Health Status, or similar.

Once you have this info Install HWMonitor and take a screenshot of the program at idle and under load.

The one attached dump seem to indicate a problem with the processor that could be caused by heat or voltaage, or a bad CPU.

Code:
Common Platform Error Record @ fffffa8004ca4028
Record Id : 01ce542e1f1c3c46
Severity : Fatal (1)
Length : 928
Creator : Microsoft
Notify Type : Machine Check Exception
Timestamp : 5/19/2013 15:04:14 (UTC)

Section 0 : Processor Generic
Descriptor @ fffffa8004ca40a8
Section @ fffffa8004ca4180
Offset : 344
Length : 192
Flags : 0x00000001 Primary

Proc. Type : x86/x64
Instr. Set : x64
Error Type : Cache error
Operation : Data Read
Flags : 0x00
Level : 1
CPU Version : 0x0000000000100fa0
Processor ID : 0x0000000000000002

Section 1 : x86/x64 Processor Specific
Descriptor @ fffffa8004ca40f0
Section @ fffffa8004ca4240
Offset : 536
Length : 128

Local APIC Id : 0x0000000000000002
CPU Id : a0 0f 10 00 00 08 06 02 - 09 20 80 00 ff fb 8b 17

Proc. Info 0 @ fffffa8004ca4240

Descriptor @ fffffa8004ca4138
Section @ fffffa8004ca42c0

Error : DCACHEL1_DRD_ERR (Proc 2 Bank 0)
Address : 0x00000000908f4e00
Misc. : 0x0000000000000000

Code:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7601 (Service Pack 1) MP (6 procs) Free x64
Built by: 7601.18044.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.130104-1431
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`02c5e000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`02ea2670
Debug session time: Sun May 19 11:04:14.389 2013 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 13:50:21.605
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 124, {0, fffffa8004ca4028, b6742000, d7000135}

Probably caused by : AuthenticAMD

---------

2: kd> !analyze -v
*************************************************************************... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-while-playing-video-games-695699.html
Relevancy 76.97%

Hello I would appreciate some help with a problem I've been having Here are the symptoms While playing a video game or watching Youtube videos my screen will flicker and several very thin multicolored lines will appear The computer will then shutdown try to restart itself shut down again and finally restart itself again When restarting when or watching playing BSOD video games the computer BSOD when playing games or watching video normally when I get to my desktop I receive the following error Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode BCP FFFFFA C E E BCP FFFFF FCE BCP FFFFFFFFC A BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Windows will try and offer a solution but it never comes back with an answer whatsoever Anyways this all started when I was playing Borderlands and my brother noticed the resolution didn't fill my entire screen so he asked me to increase the resolution to the maximum It filled out my entire screen and looked great until this whole mess started for the first time I've since then reproduced it while playing Diablo watching Youtube videos and once just doing nothing I was thinking it was a gpu problem so I cleaned out all the dust from inside my computer with canned air and reapplied thermal paste to both my cpu and gpu I downloaded Furmark to check if my video card was overheating and as of this writing it idles at around - degrees Celsius sometimes reaching Temperatures will reach when playing Diablo on the highest settings I tried playing Borderlands with everything on the lowest possible video settings and the system still crashes in the same manner temps I have tried performing a system restore just to try everything that I could think of but it still won't work I get an error message that reads system restore failed to extract the original copy of the directory from the restore point Source SystemRoot registration Destination ComPlusStaging Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks for your time Edit Forgot to mention my gpu is a Nvidia GeForce GTX M I updated the driver after the first failure by the way And here are some things about my laptop Sager NP Clevo P HM Operating System Windows Home Premium -Bit Primary Hard Drive GB RPM Serial-ATA II - MB Cache Ram GB - DDR MHz Dual Channel Memory SODIMMS Graphics Video Card nVidia GeForce GTX M MB PCI-Express GDDR DX Processor nd Generation Intel Core i - QM - GHz nm MB L cache

A:BSOD when playing games or watching video

Hi

Did you try updating the display driver ? . If not uninstall the Nvidia driver and components from "control Panel-->Programs" and install the latest one. Remember to remove Nvidia components like updater, PhysX , Nview etc first. Then remove the Nvidia display driver (it should be the last one) . You can download the latest driver from the below link.

http://www.nvidia.in/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-in

If the issue still remains, remove the graphic card and run the system using on board VGA (if there is one). You can play some high quality videos continuously to test the stability. 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/495698/bsod-when-playing-games-or-watching-video/
Relevancy 76.97%

Hello! I'm so frustrated, I just can't find what's my problem is.

I'm getting BSODs all the time, main reason is when i'm playing games, or watch videos in browser. I assume some problems with my video card.

I've used latest latest Nvidia drivers -still crashing. I've installed older version - same.

I've stress-tested my CPU and my GPU everything is ok.
I've tested my RAM with memtest86 everythings is fine(actually, there were some errors with ver4, but after i made default settings in BIOS everything works fine. And memtest 5 didn't found any errors even before the default reset.)

And today my PC gaved me BSOD while idle.

And just now when i was writing this text. It came out when i've maximized total commander.

A:Win 7 x64 BSOD while playing games or watching video

Hello i have had a look at your DMP Files.

Code:
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for bflwfx64.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for bflwfx64.sys
bflwfx64.sys is the "Bigfoot Networks Bandwidth Control Wireless NDIS Light Weight Filter driver"

Please update the driver using this link and see if the BSOD is still occurring: http://www.bigfootnetworks.com/suppo...nloads&_a=view

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/337253-win-7-x64-bsod-while-playing-games-watching-video.html
Relevancy 76.97%

Hi there Ever since last friday I have been getting BSOD games playing video, randomly BSOD While and My occured while playing lotro Lord of the rings online mmo and while playing windowd I tried to play a youtube video BSOD While playing video, games and randomly Which has never given me any problems before Also msn and some other firefox tabs were open Then saturday and sunday more BSOD came in During browsing during doing nothing on the windows inlog screen I can't really put my finger on it Putting load on the system doesn't trigger it nor does firefox lotro seems a bit random Only software stuff that changed since friday is a java update daily Avira anti virus definitions update and I installed guild wars I tried to look at the bluescreens logs myself but I really have no clue what I'm looking at so if you could check for me that would be awesome System Windows home premium x Intel core E gig of DDR Nvidea geforce GTS with latest driver I could find All the windows updates installed I'm new on here but I ran your tool to add all my system info and put in in zip which I will attach to this post Let me know if it's not correct

A:BSOD While playing video, games and randomly

Oh and I would also like to add that I checked for malware and virusses. Found nothing.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/241024-bsod-while-playing-video-games-randomly.html
Relevancy 76.97%

Hi,

I have so serious issues with my graphic card that i can't figure out.
It always bsod while i usually watch a video or playing a game.
I have attach my last 5 minidump.

Can anyone help me?

A:BSOD while watching video or playing games

Your ATI video card driver is named in two of them, as well as a third one that can indicate a general drive fault. Try updating the drivers for your video card and see if that fixes the issue.

Edit: Also monitor your GPU temperature if you can while playing games

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-while-watching-video-or-playing-games-546294.html
Relevancy 76.97%

My friend Presumably random video while BSOD playing games gave me his PC because he was tired of dealing with BSOD but said sometimes it didn't happen for week and that it was rather inconsistent with the timing sometimes multiple BSOD daily sometimes etc He couldn't be bothered to fix it and I have now had my first BSOD on it after a few hours I did some searching around and tried running a memtest overnight which came back with no errors after run-throughs over hours These are the two printouts from bluescreenview I have already remedied the atikmdag sys BSOD according to Presumably random BSOD while playing video games a guide I found not sure if it worked yet obviously due to inconsistency of the bluescreens - - dmp AM x fffff f atikmdag sys atikmdag sys ff x ntoskrnl exe c C Windows Minidump - - dmp AM ---------------------------------------------------------- - - dmp PM x fffff f ntoskrnl exe ntoskrnl exe c NT Kernel amp System Microsoft Windows Operating System Microsoft Corporation win sp gdr - x ntoskrnl exe c C Windows Minidump - - dmp PM Thank you for any help you guys can lend

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/381054-presumably-random-bsod-while-playing-video-games.html
Relevancy 76.97%
A:BSOD when playing video games 0x00000101

Your Windows installation is counterfeit. You have a Lenovo PID on an ASRock retail motherboard.

Code:
Host Name: ANDY-PC
OS Version: 6.1.7600 N/A Build 7600
Registered Owner: Andy
Registered Organization:
Product ID: 00426-OEM-8992662-00497
Original Install Date: 8/16/2014, 9:28:02 PM
System Boot Time: 10/15/2014, 7:27:36 PM
System Manufacturer: To Be Filled By O.E.M.
System Model: To Be Filled By O.E.M.
Processor(s): 1 Processor(s) Installed.
[01]: AMD64 Family 18 Model 1 Stepping 0
Counterfeit installations such as yours can contain heavily modified code that can cause the installation to behave it unexpected ways. Analysing BSODs and determining their causes on these sorts of installations is completely unreliable, and for this reason most analysts won't attempt it.

My recommendation is to install a genuine copy of Windows 7. This will minimise the problems you are experiencing and make subsequent diagnosis of BSODs far more reliable. Once you are running a genuine Windows 7 installation and are still experiencing BSODs, upload your new logs we will be happy to help you solve them.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/348943-bsod-when-playing-video-games-0x00000101.html
Relevancy 76.97%

Hello all and thank you in advance for anything you can do to help me. I've been working on my laptop for a few weeks now because I've been dealing with a lot of BSOD's lately. I've had my laptop for just over a year and this last month has taken a turn for the worse. For the first 6months I had the laptop there were one or two BSOD's I experienced, but they were very infrequent. Over the last month I've been using my laptop more and I've had many blue screens while watching videos, playing games, and just using the internet. I'm a pretty light user and don't have a lot of stuff installed. I've gone through the basics and run memtest, scanned for viruses, etc. I'm just not sure what more I should do now.
Sorry for the long post and thank you very much in advance!

A:Spontaneous (various) BSOD's playing video and games

Cleaned my post up a bit.

ntoskrnl.exe comes up a lot from bluescreenview. I've reinstalled my nvidia driver several times over the last few weeks and so I don't think it is directly the problem but perhaps I'm wrong?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/335650-spontaneous-various-bsods-playing-video-games.html
Relevancy 76.97%

Hi Team,

First time poster here. I've been having programs crash on startup and multiple BSOD's in the last week or so after reinstalling my operating system. I am attaching the zip suggested by the forum in hopes of getting some help. Thanks in advance.

A:BSOD Playing Video Games, ZIP Attached

Hiya and welcome to SevenForums!

Code:
BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, 0, fffff8800d742d30, 0}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KiSystemServiceHandler+7c )

Code:
BugCheck 34, {50853, fffff88002f8c598, fffff88002f8bdf0, fffff80002a91c33}

Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiPfPutPagesInTransition+e3 )

Code:
BugCheck 1E, {0, 0, 0, 0}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
Probably caused by : dxgmms1.sys ( dxgmms1!VidSchDdiNotifyDpc+87 )

Code:
BugCheck 3D, {fffff8800b936b60, 0, 0, fffff88003d655d4}

Probably caused by : dxgmms1.sys ( dxgmms1!VidSchiProcessIsrCompletedPacket+148 )
Run Display Driver Uninstaller(DDU)
Make sure you tick the Uninstall C:/AMD and C:/NIVIDA folders while you are in DDU when you are done running DDU install your graphics driver again. This is the guide for DDU: Display Driver Uninstaller: How to use

Run sfc /scannow and chkdsk /r.
Install the latest updates from Windows Update.

Do the exact same steps for chkdsk /r but instead of typing in sfc /scannow type chkdsk /r.

SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

Run MemTest86+, it must be MemTest86+ for 8 passes. RAM - Test with Memtest86+

Update your DirectX drivers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/376781-bsod-playing-video-games-zip-attached.html
Relevancy 76.97%

Hey guys, i have started to experience BSOD's when playing video games on my computer, there isn't a specific time frame but it surely does happen. My drivers should be up to date and i just cannot figure out what the problem is, i would really appreciate anyone's input on this matter.

A:Windows 7 BSOD while playing video games

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3b)
An exception happened while executing a system service routine.
Arguments:
Arg1: 00000000c0000005, Exception code that caused the bugcheck
Arg2: fffff88004dbb2ce, Address of the instruction which caused the bugcheck
Arg3: fffff88009362b80, Address of the context record for the exception that caused the bugcheck
Arg4: 0000000000000000, zero.
The bugcheck you are receiving is a 3b (SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION)

The dump file is pointing to ks.sys which is a core windows file.

You can check system files easy enough with this.
SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/337987-windows-7-bsod-while-playing-video-games.html
Relevancy 76.97%

Hi, everyone. Just when I thought my BSOD issues from last year were solved, they've seemed to pop up again. This time, I'm mainly experiencing issues with "IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL" and ntoskrnl.exe. I'm hoping that it's a software error like a driver rather than a hardware one. These BSODs mainly occur after a lengthy amount of time streaming videos and playing computer games.

I'll be sure to stress test my CPU, RAM, and GPU soon. For now, attached are my SF Diagnostic files. Thank you in advance.

A:BSOD After Video Streaming and Playing Games

Normally with these dumps I would say a system driver is using wrong pointers but because it's so consistent I think otherwise.

Code:
BugCheck A, {3, 2, 0, fffff800032d7785}
Given that the address being referenced was 3 it's pretty clear that it's invalid memory, I believe the first accessible address which is used for user mode at boot is 0x10000 although I might be slightly off with that one.

Again another IP misalignment...

Code:
BugCheck D1, {1, 2, 0, fffff88001887e85}
Again an invalid memory address was referenced.

Code:
BugCheck 9C, {0, fffff88002f6db70, 0, 0}

Code:
2: kd> !mca fffff88002f6db70
Machine Check feature not present
CP F/M/S Manufacturer MHz PRCB Signature MSR 8B Signature Features
2 6,58,9 GenuineIntel 3400 0000001200000000 21193ffe
On X64 systems to use the !mca command I believe I need to acquire private HAL symbols which I'm struggling to find at this moment in time if they're available to the public.

A machine check exception from my experience is quite rare as it's not common for one to be called if its bad RAM.
Nevertheless I think its best we test RAM first.

Information
Download it here:

Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

Which one should I download?

You have two options to choose from, you can either download the ISO version then burn it do a CD and boot it from there.
The other option is downloading the auto installer for USB sticks, you then boot from that USB stick.
Be warned though, it will format your USB then install the files needed to make it bootable so any files left over will be wiped off.

So how does it work?

It works by writing a series of test patterns to most memory addresses over 9 tests, it then reads the data back to compare it for errors.

The default pass does 9 different tests varying in access patterns and test data. A tenth pass is optional from the menu which writes all the memory in zeroes then sleeps for 90 minutes and compares it to see if any address have changed, this takes 3 hours per pass each time.

My memtest86 isn't booting! What should I do?

This can be caused by a number of different reasons, common ones include your BIOS not setting using the correct settings, you might want to change your boot priority order.
Other causes include your motherboard not supporting bootable USB sticks in which case you'll need to use a CD (or floppy drive).

Any other issues you might want to look here:

FAQ : please read before posting
If bad RAM isn't found then I suggest you remove these programs as I've seen uncountable cases where these have caused BSODs.

Code:
Start Menu\Programs\ASUS\AI Suite II Public:Start Menu\Programs\ASUS\AI Suite II Public
Start Menu\Programs\DAEMON Tools Pro Public:Start Menu\Programs\DAEMON Tools Pro Public
AI Suite is bloatware that can even set improper BIOS timings, try removing the CMOS battery then placing it back in which might be the cause of the problem.
Daemon Tools causing BSODs by using a bad driver that likes to misbehave in random ways, mainly using bad pointers and accessing memory it shouldn't.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/336211-bsod-after-video-streaming-playing-games.html
Relevancy 76.97%

I have posted the same problem in another forum. BSOD Window 7 Laptop - Windows Crashes, BSOD, and Hangs Help and Support
I seem to have a lot of different BSODs, it could be random but most of the time it occurs when I'm running a game or video. Nowadays, videos are fine, it's only games. The game is called osu! I used to run it DirectX now running OpenGL with 60 FPS. I found that when my fan or hard drive (can't tell because they are close together I am using laptop) makes some noise, it is hinting that a BSOD is coming soon. And when I shut down my laptop for a while, it lets me play the game longer when I open it. (maybe about 10 minute)

A:BSOD when playing games (osu!) and sometimes watching video.

USASMA is already helping you there, so I suggest dealing with that in one location - he knows what he is doing.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/395774-bsod-when-playing-games-osu-sometimes-watching-video.html
Relevancy 76.97%

So the backstory I played Days to Die last weekend and had an odd freeze where everything locked up and the monitor suddenly looked like this http i imgur com C c BGS jpg I figured maybe it was an issue of graphics video playing while freezing and BSOD games card drivers needing to be updated so the next day I went ahead and updated my drivers Later that day Days to Die crashed again the same way Then later World of Warcraft did At that point I figured something must be pretty wrong as I'd been playing WoW on and off for weeks and never had any problems I tried dusting out the case worrying that it was a heat issue Eventually during one of the restarts freezes I got to the point where the tower would boot up but the monitor stayed in Power Saver mode After flashing the BIOS and removing the graphics card I was able to get back into Windows I figured maybe my graphics card was on its way out but it couldn't hurt to format the SSD I keep Windows on and start clean before I put a new card in So I did that but held off on putting the card in right away as it took forever to get all the Windows Updates handled and eventually I ended up installing Windows as there were so many problems with Windows Fast forward to now where I still haven't installed a new graphics card as when I tried to test my system out by running some games Rocket League which completely freezes up on the title screen BSOD and freezing while playing video games Beseige which plays fine but within - minutes causes a BSOD of System Service Exception it didn't end well So now I'm here hoping someone can help get my system back to gaming like it was built for instead of this shallow empty existence So far the steps I've taken are Dusted out the case components Removed the suspected issue dead or dying graphics card Formatted the SSD to get a clean Windows install Ran passes of MemTest with errors DESKTOP-E DMEOE-Fri zip

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/51612-bsod-freezing-while-playing-video-games.html
Relevancy 76.97%

Hello all This is my first post on these very helpful forums I hope someone will be able to assist me I have a HP ProBook running Windows Ever since I got the laptop I often get BSODs while attempting to run games Total War series The Force Unleashed just to name a couple This does not occur with all games nor does it occur with video BSOD whilst games various playing any other type of software granted I mainly use my Windows installation for gaming and other simple tasks such as word processing I'm uploading the DM Log Collector output zip file Any help would be greately appreciated EDIT I added the output from BlueScreenView that blames 'atikmdag sys' for the crash Just in case this info can BSOD whilst playing various video games be of any help to you EDIT Here is my system info CPU Intel R Core TM i - M CPU GHz MOTHERBOARD Hewlett-Packard BIOS Default System BIOS TOTAL MEMORY GB HDD TOSHIBA MQ ABD SOUND CARD IDT High Definition Audio CODEC Intel R Display Audio GRAPHICS CARD AMD Radeon HD M Intel R HD Graphics OS Microsoft Windows Professional -bit Multiprocessor Free Service Pack

A:BSOD whilst playing various video games

Here is the BlueScreenView output.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/367472-bsod-whilst-playing-various-video-games.html
Relevancy 76.97%

They seem to be completely random always when I am gaming and using skype as my comm. Thanks for any help.

Specs
Amd Phenom II x4 820
8gb ram
ssd
gtx 960

A:BSOD playing video games + skype

Have you had any more BSODs lately?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/378529-bsod-playing-video-games-skype.html
Relevancy 76.97%

BSOD when playing any video game it seems, DCS World, Smite, most recently TitanFall. No BSOD when internet browsing, only on games.

BCCode: 101
BCP1: 0000000000000019
BCP2: 0000000000000000
BCP3: FFFFF880031D7180
BCP4: 0000000000000003

Thank You Computer Gods.

A:BSOD BCCode: 101 Only when playing video games

new information to help. Downloaded a temp moderator. CPU Cores are running at around 40-50C. This is when I am just browsing the internet. On games they can spike to 70-80.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/322335-bsod-bccode-101-only-when-playing-video-games.html
Relevancy 76.97%

Hello, I've been getting the dreaded BSOD when playing video games. It happens at random. Sometimes I can play for a couple of hours with no problems and sometimes I'll not see a bluescreen for days. It only happens when playing games. Also, I'm not sure if it's relevant, but during the BSOD my speakers will emit a loud buzzing noise as well.

Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit (OEM)
Intel Core i5-2500k CPU @3.30GHz
8GB RAM
AMD Radeon 6970

Hardware/OS is roughly 8 months old.

I'm hoping someone here can shed some light, since I'm not very good with this stuff. Please let me know if you need more information.

Thank you.

A:Random BSOD while playing video games

Running the last 10 memory dumps......

All are STOP 0x124 - looks like hardware to me.
More info on STOP 0x124 here: Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try

Beyond that, start with the hardware diagnostics listed here: Hardware Diagnostics

The following info is just FYI, I've already addressed the issues that I saw in the above paragraphs

- Further info on BSOD error messages available at: http://www.carrona.org/bsodindx.html
- Info on how to troubleshoot BSOD's (DRAFT): http://www.carrona.org/userbsod.html
- How I do it: http://www.carrona.org/howidoit.html

3RD PARTY DRIVERS PRESENT IN THE DUMP FILES
Code:

amdxata.sys Fri Mar 19 12:18:18 2010 (4BA3A3CA)
avgtdia.sys Sun Jul 10 18:46:53 2011 (4E1A2BDD)
avgmfx64.sys Sun Aug 07 23:41:46 2011 (4E3F5AFA)
avgrkx64.sys Tue Sep 13 00:02:34 2011 (4E6ED5DA)
AVGIDSEH.Sys Sun Jul 10 18:36:50 2011 (4E1A2982)
btath_rcp.sys Thu Jun 24 02:17:21 2010 (4C22F871)
nusb3xhc.sys Thu Jan 21 22:22:21 2010 (4B5919ED)
HECIx64.sys Tue Oct 19 19:33:43 2010 (4CBE2AD7)
avgldx64.sys Thu Oct 06 23:55:41 2011 (4E8E783D)
atikmpag.sys Thu Apr 05 21:10:44 2012 (4F7E4294)
btath_bus.sys Thu Jun 24 02:17:43 2010 (4C22F887)
btath_a2dp.sys Thu Sep 16 07:34:42 2010 (4C9200D2)
btath_hcrp.sys Tue Jun 29 05:30:43 2010 (4C29BD43)
btath_flt.sys Thu Jun 24 02:17:38 2010 (4C22F882)
btath_lwflt.sys Mon Sep 13 04:26:54 2010 (4C8DE04E)
Rt64win7.sys Wed Dec 29 06:44:36 2010 (4D1B1F24)
atikmdag.sys Thu Apr 05 21:48:25 2012 (4F7E4B69)
AVGIDSFilter.Sys Sun Jul 10 18:37:05 2011 (4E1A2991)
AVGIDSDriver.Sys Sun Jul 10 18:36:37 2011 (4E1A2975)
nusb3hub.sys Thu Jan 21 22:22:18 2010 (4B5919EA)
AtihdW76.sys Thu Feb 23 07:30:12 2012 (4F463154)
RTKVHD64.sys Tue Nov 02 07:25:59 2010 (4CCFF547)
btfilter.sys Fri Oct 22 02:40:47 2010 (4CC131EF)
atikmpag.sys Tue Feb 14 21:13:12 2012 (4F3B14B8)
atikmdag.sys Tue Feb 14 21:51:52 2012 (4F3B1DC8)
AtihdW76.sys Tue Dec 06 04:14:25 2011 (4EDDDCF1)

http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=amdxata.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=avgtdia.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=avgmfx64.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=avgrkx64.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=AVGIDSEH.Sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=btath_rcp.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=nusb3xhc.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=HECIx64.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=avgldx64.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=atikmpag.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=btath_bus.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=btath_a2dp.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=btath_hcrp.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=btath_flt.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=btath_lwflt.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=Rt64win7.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=atikmdag.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=AVGIDSFilter.Sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=AVGIDSDriver.Sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=nusb3hub.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=AtihdW76.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=RTKVHD64.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=btfilter.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=atikmpag.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=atikmdag.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=AtihdW76.sys

BSOD BUGCHECK SUMMARY

Code:

Loading Dump File [C:\Users\FUBAR\_jcgriff2_\dbug\__Kernel__\060312-14617-01.dmp]
Built by: 7601.17803.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.120330-1504
Debug session time: Sun Jun 3 02:46:47.528 2012 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 1:35:26.715
Probably caused by : hardware
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x124_GenuineIntel
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT
PROCESS_NAME: GameOverlayUI.
FAILURE_... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/233049-random-bsod-while-playing-video-games.html
Relevancy 76.97%

Hello everyone. I hope someone can help me.

Windows 7 x64
Full retail version. Original OS.

Brand new system less than 1 week old.
OS was also installed less than 1 week ago.

As far as I can tell, I get BSOD'd only when playing video games. (Steam is also active.)

Drivers are all up to date (probably). I also have avast! despite perfmon telling me I don't have an antivirus program.

Zipped documents to "desktop.zip."

Thank you.

A:BSOD (possibly when playing video games)

Edit: I performed memory checks and they all passed. I also noticed that the file dumps have the same bug check code, and I believe I read somewhere that repeating bug check codes do not usually point to hardware problems. Is this true?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/193432-bsod-possibly-when-playing-video-games.html
Relevancy 76.54%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.1
OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium , Service Pack 2, 64 bit
Processor: Pentium(R) Dual-Core CPU E5200 @ 2.50GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 6
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3964 Mb
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce 7100 / NVIDIA nForce 630i, 128 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 464460 MB, Free - 314182 MB; D: Total - 12476 MB, Free - 1703 MB;
Motherboard: FOXCONN, Irvine, HP P/N, ULSJ83713666
Antivirus: None

I have this little computer attached to my SONY Big screen BRAVIA, and I want to play games from my STEAM account. I dont think my graphics card is good enough. The games dont play very well, or not at all.
What can I upgrade it to, and do I also have to get anything else.

Thanks

Relevancy 76.54%

I was playing Skyrim and then I hit Esc to go do something and then when I came back to my PC and sat down to play again it BSOD. Its BSOD before but I fixed it by unistalling Windows 7 and reinstalling it. Its been almost a year with out a BSOD. Now its BSODing randomly and sometimes one after another within 2-20min. I replaced my RAM in the past and that helped and also my Graphics card in the past. Im thinking it might be my graphics card. I noticed they stopped making it recently so maybe they stopped with updates too. I don't know. Just want to get my PC running smooth again.

A:BSOD while playing video games, and ever since that BSOD onsimpletasks

Your zip file doesn't contain all the information we request on the article here. Please make sure to have as many items as you can in the zip file. The most crucial items are the minidump files.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/272152-bsod-while-playing-video-games-ever-since-bsod-onsimpletasks.html
Relevancy 76.11%

I've been getting some BSOD's playing Warframe intermittently, and today got one playing Trove.
Tried doing sfc scan, memory diagnostics and checkdisk and updating outdated drivers with some exceptions I was unsafe about messing with (DriverEasy said processor drivers were heavily outdated, and suggested intel xeon drivers).
Also tried Verifier.exe, resulting in bluescreens as soon as I got to the desktop, mentioning something about I/O problems.

DM Logs are attached

Hope you can help with this.

-Christian.

A:BSOD playing some games, suspecting driver conflicts

LGVirHid.sys Logitech Gamepanel Virtual HID Device Driver

Remove, uninstall this see if you get BSOD

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/351439-bsod-playing-some-games-suspecting-driver-conflicts.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Hello

I've been having a lot of troubles since i upgraded my hardware, games crashing, BSOD and pc reboots (at least this one was solved), i tried almost everything since updating bios to lates (beta) putting it the old ones, clean install, tried almost 7 different drivers, almost everything i looked on the internet but without being able to solve it . Hope you guys could help.

Plus, no overheating shown by MSI Afterburner

Thanks in advance.

A:BSOD Playing games, driver maybe? error 0x116

Hello and welcome Pharanoia mat where did you get this oS form as I have a nasty feeling it is pirated or a very old media the version I have marked in red should read 7601 - that is it has service pack 1 (SP1) included which version 7600 does not.

Code:
Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.3.9600.17336 AMD64

Loading Dump File [C:\Users\John\AppData\Local\Temp\Temp1_GHOST-09_08_2015__20947,61.zip\080915-12308-01.dmp]
Symbol search path is: *** Invalid ***
* Symbol loading may be unreliable without a symbol search path. *
* Use .symfix to have the debugger choose a symbol path. *
* After setting your symbol path, use .reload to refresh symbol locations. *
* Symbols can not be loaded because symbol path is not initialized. *
* The Symbol Path can be set by: *
* using the _NT_SYMBOL_PATH environment variable. *
* using the -y <symbol_path> argument when starting the debugger. *
* using .sympath and .sympath+ *
Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\ntoskrnl.exe, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for ntoskrnl.exe
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for ntoskrnl.exe
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7600 MP (4 procs) Free x64
Built by: 7600.16385.amd64fre.win7_rtm.090713-1255
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`03004000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`03241e50
Debug session time: Sun Aug 9 17:00:30.735 2015 (UTC + 10:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:39:22.234
* Symbols can not be loaded because symbol path is not initialized. *
* The Symbol Path can be set by: *
* using the _NT_SYMBOL_PATH environment variable. *
* using the -y <symbol_path> argument when starting the debugger. *
* using .sympath and .sympath+ *
Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\ntoskrnl.exe, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for ntoskrnl.exe
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for ntoskrnl.exe
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/378009-bsod-playing-games-driver-maybe-error-0x116.html
Relevancy 76.11%

hello iv had an issue while playing skyrim i keept getting a bsod while playing and it was the windows driver framework bsod ans i thought it may have been my graphics card do i put it into my bfs cp and it ran fine with no issues so i i just replaced my processor cus my old one i was was told was dying and that could have been the cause but thats not the case. is i use the d3s program so i can play skyrim with my ps3 controller is the drivers of this program to blame? i have my minidump file is that helps

A:windows driver framework bsod while playing games

OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation
System Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Model GA-970A-D3
System Type x64-based PC
Processor AMD FX(tm)-8320 Eight-Core Processor, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)
BIOS Version/Date Award Software International, Inc. F7, 10/13/2011
SMBIOS Version 2.4
Windows Directory C:\Windows
System Directory C:\Windows\system32
Boot Device \Device\HarddiskVolume1
Locale United States
Hardware Abstraction Layer Version = "6.1.7601.17514"
User Name CLCA-Cenotech\The CLCA
Time Zone Pacific Daylight Time
Installed Physical Memory (RAM) 8.00 GB
Total Physical Memory 7.98 GB
Available Physical Memory 4.06 GB
Total Virtual Memory 16.0 GB
Available Virtual Memory 11.3 GB
Page File Space 7.98 GB
Page File C:\pagefile.sys

i also just installed a new harddrive and idk if all my drivers are updated or present and i buy power wont help[ me with anything so there the a useless end

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/windows-driver-framework-bsod-while-playing-games-705101.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Just got a new PC and I'm experiencing BSODs while playing games (generally high end games). Sometimes there is no BSOD and the game just crashes, or the GPU driver stops responding and recovers.
I tried everything I thought of, that is clean install of GPU drivers, updated all other drivers and even a Windows format, but the problem still persists. Attached please find the latest dump files and a DxDiag system specs file.

Thanks

A:BSOD/Freeze/GPU Driver crash when playing games

Can you return the PC to who you bought it from to be fixed? A Windows Defender file is being flagged as a problem. Are you running another 3rd party antivirus program?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-freeze-gpu-driver-crash-when-playing-games.207105/
Relevancy 76.11%

Hello, I've been getting this BSOD lately and having trouble figuring out the cause. This happens while I am playing a video game, game doesn't have to be specific. I have done memtest, chkdsk, and a virus scan with malwarebytes and found no issues.

I'm also getting "The following fatal alert was generated: 40. The internal error state is 252." repeated a lot in the event viewer and occasionally "Service 'WMPNetworkSvc' did not start correctly because CoCreateInstance(CLSID_UPnPDeviceFinder) encountered error '0x80004005'. Verify that the UPnPHost service is running and that the UPnPHost component of Windows is installed properly."

I don't know if this would be the cause and I can't figure out what to do to stop the error messages. Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

A:BSOD playing video games, error 0x0000003d

see if either of these links from google will help you sort it out:

https://www.google.com/search?q=Serv...-a&channel=rcs

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/316501-bsod-playing-video-games-error-0x0000003d.html
Relevancy 76.11%

Windows 7 . . .
- x86
- full retail version
- What is the age of system (hardware)? 2009
- What is the age of OS installation (have you re-installed the OS?) installed windows 7 in 2010 (no)

Hi my windows 7 keeps crashing, i first experienced these bsod when i started to play street fighter iv, where the screen would freeze and loads of tiny squares would appear on the screen followed by bsod, then i removed the game and eversince i randomly get these bsod of deaths and its mainly when playing games, watching videos either dvd or online streaming like bbc iplayer or somwtimes if im doing word processing in microsoft office it can happen, i usually have seen a pfn list corrupt error on the blue screen

A:BSOD when playing games,watching video or on standby!

Your AMD/ATi Display driver is the cause. It should be updated
ATI Radeon

Test your Graphics card with OCCT http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...test-occt.html

Please remove any CD virtualization programs such as Daemon Tools and Alcohol 120%. They use a driver, found in your dmp, sptd.sys, that is notorious for causing BSODs. Use this SPTD uninstaller when you're done: DuplexSecure - Downloads
You can use MagicDisc as an alternative.

Code:
sptd.sys 0x8b6bc000 0x8b7b5000 0x000f9000 0x4bbd3138 08/04/2010 05:28:24

Code:
atikmpag.sys atikmpag.sys+58f2 0x90531000 0x9056e000 0x0003d000 0x4cc78aeb 27/10/2010 06:14:03

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (116)
Arguments:
Arg1: 8856d008, Optional pointer to internal TDR recovery context (TDR_RECOVERY_CONTEXT).
Arg2: 905368f2, The pointer into responsible device driver module (e.g. owner tag).
Arg3: 00000000, Optional error code (NTSTATUS) of the last failed operation.
Arg4: 00000002, Optional internal context dependent data.

Debugging Details:
------------------

FAULTING_IP:
atikmpag+58f2
905368f2 8bff mov edi,edi

STACK_TEXT:
93329b74 9253ec26 00000116 8856d008 905368f2 nt!KeBugCheckEx+0x1e
93329b98 9253fa45 905368f2 00000000 00000002 dxgkrnl!TdrBugcheckOnTimeout+0x8d
93329bbc 9256f92c 00000000 00000102 86fe4150 dxgkrnl!TdrIsRecoveryRequired+0xb8
93329c34 92599944 fffffcfb 00000544 00000000 dxgmms1!VidSchiReportHwHang+0x3c0
93329c5c 9259a065 00000000 00000000 00000000 dxgmms1!VidSchiCheckHwProgress+0x68
93329c98 925768f0 93329c90 832463e1 86fe4150 dxgmms1!VidSchiWaitForSchedulerEvents+0x1b1
93329d28 9259b3c9 86fe4150 832463e1 86fe4150 dxgmms1!VidSchiScheduleCommandToRun+0xaa
93329d3c 9259b485 86fe4150 00000000 87827ad8 dxgmms1!VidSchiRun_PriorityTable+0xf
93329d50 834189df 86fe4150 b886e9ba 00000000 dxgmms1!VidSchiWorkerThread+0x7f
93329d90 832ca1d9 9259b406 86fe4150 00000000 nt!PspSystemThreadStartup+0x9e
00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 nt!KiThreadStartup+0x19
STACK_COMMAND: .bugcheck ; kb

FOLLOWUP_IP:
atikmpag+58f2
905368f2 8bff mov edi,edi

SYMBOL_NAME: atikmpag+58f2

FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: atikmpag

IMAGE_NAME: atikmpag.sys

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 4cc78aeb

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x116_IMAGE_atikmpag.sys

BUCKET_ID: 0x116_IMAGE_atikmpag.sys

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/197969-bsod-when-playing-games-watching-video-standby.html
Relevancy 76.11%

hi i need video (nt+0x4B2EFC) games, BSOD ntoskrnl.exe playing when your help i just have blue screen when i play video games but is not a quot blue screen of death quot is like that i hear the game i BSOD when playing video games, ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x4B2EFC) can moove and play but i just see the quot fake blue screen quot im on dual screen and the second is ok when this appears i dont really understand why i tried whith the benq only and is same and quot whocrashed quot said me Code System Information local -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- computer name FACECATCS-PC windows version Windows Service Pack build windows dir C Windows Hardware ASRock Z Anniversary CPU GenuineIntel Intel R Core TM i - K CPU GHz Intel level logical processors active mask RAM total -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Crash Dump Analysis -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Crash dump directory C Windows Minidump Crash dumps are enabled on your computer On Tue GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmp This was probably caused by the following module ntoskrnl exe nt x B EFC Bugcheck code x x xFFFFFA F x x Error WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR file path C Windows system ntoskrnl exe product Microsoft Windows Operating System company Microsoft Corporation description NT Kernel amp System Bug check description This bug check indicates that a fatal hardware error has occurred This bug check uses the error data that is provided by the Windows Hardware Error Architecture WHEA This is likely to be caused by a hardware problem problem This problem might be caused by a thermal issue The crash took place in the Windows kernel Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time i upload my dump file with this topic thanks for help i appreciate