Windows Support Forum

Help me pick my new laptop

Q: Help me pick my new laptop

The more I look the more I get confused My HP DV - is over yrs old and dieing I want a quality built laptop and am willing to pay In the past yrs this HP has had its DVD CD drive replaced and recently the fan died other then new my laptop pick Help me that it has been a good machine I do not game but prefer a larger screen It is plugged in of time so long battery life is not necessary This will be used to surf email create simple documents watch movies uTube etc I Help me pick my new laptop don t think I even need a DVD CD internal player I would be OK with an optical drive I plug in when I occasionally need one I do not store a lot on the HD the Gig in this one is fine in fact a Help me pick my new laptop SSD probably would be fine but they are very expensive I guess a combo SSD for OS and Gig HD for all the other stuff CPU as I will keep this for as long as possible I want a late model that will handle changes in the future Again for that reason RAM should be gig for future needs As I don t game I guess an internal good GPU would be sufficient Networking I would want the best as I sure that will be changing a lot in the yrs to come I know I m missing some other specs but I think you all get the point Good quality good service I would pay extra for for at least yrs I ve looked at all the biggies Dell HP Lenovo Acer etc and even some gaming type MSI Alienware Eurocom Canadian I guess I looked too much as now I m confused and unsure I guess I would even have one built if it came to that Quality costs up to - and service I will respond if someone out there want to ask me more I hope I have not bored you with my small problem and I hope this is the place to publish this call for help Thanks Stan nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Help me pick my new laptop

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Help me pick my new laptop

Hi, again I am looking for some knowledgeable folks to voice their opinions. I have to replace my 17.3 HP Pavilion dv7t, that is now 6+ years old and showing problems and I believe dying, in fact my fingers are crossed that it won't die before Win 10 comes out. I know upgrading from 7/8/8.1, probably won't be too much of a hassle, but if it can be avoided, why not. I've driven myself crazy researching laptops trying to fit the criteria I've established in my own mind.

Number 1, Above all, I am looking for build quality and I have no problem about paying for it along with an extended warranty and a good service/support system. I hope this next PC lasts as long as this HP, which is as main stream and commercial as it gets. But has not caused major problems over it's life. (fan, optical drive, normal battery stuff and the case is falling apart)

Number 2, I do want to keep the bigger screen, I've grown used to it over the years and the extra weight and shorter battery life is not a problem for me. 95% of the time this PC will be plugged in and the 6+ lbs, I can still handle, even in my "3 score and 10+ years". Touch screen not needed.

Number 3, The display, resolution, refresh rate, back lit or not, LED or not, glare or matte finish etc, should be above average but it doesn't have to be gamer quality, as I don't do games.

Number 4, CPU, it would be great to have the newest and best, but not for gaming, or 3D, or video editing, only to handle what will be coming down the pike over the next few years. Somewhere there should be a happy medium between routine usage and the ability to be ready for the new stuff of the future. Number of "cores", speed etc enough to handle my routine (media, email, surfing, videos and streaming movies/shows) with a thought to what's next on the horizon.

Number 5, GPU/Audio, here I'm lost, a fancy, dedicated powerful with cache, chip, I don't really think I need at all. Again, handle my routine and hopefully handle new stuff in the coming 2/3 years. Audio, it would be nice to hear videos, etc, but LT speakers are limited and I don't use extra speakers, so whatever is best for this given unit.

Number 6, RAM/memory I guess today a minimum of 8GB is the way to go, anything bigger, probably would be a waste of money.

Number 7, Storage, the only criteria here is a choice between HHD,SSD, Hybrid. Size, the HHD in this PC is 300GB and I have never come close to using 50% of it. (No music, movies or photo collection, just OS and programs/apps (and they come and go). I guess SSD because it's faster and maybe less mechanical problems down the road.

Number 8, Networking, now here I want the "best", I do travel and end up sometimes in out of the way places, so here, state of the art in 802.11 would be great. What it is I don't know "ac, n, whatever" and Bluetooth is a necessity.

Number 9, Optical reader, again I don't know, I hardly ever use the DVD/CD drive, but when I buy or get the new OS, I will want the backup media (disc or flash drive). That means when I have to reinstall OS or someone sends mean disc, I'll need a drive but I guess a USB plugin drive would work as well????

Number 10, Card readers, fingerprint stuff, docking station. not important. Keyboard, touch pad, mouse, not important, I'll use a wireless mouse. Connections for USB 2 and 3, MDMI, Ethernet, yes they are important and needed.

Number 11 Battery, Whatever battery comes with this PC will be hard pressed to keep up with a 17" display, as stated above unit will be plugged in most of the time.

A big question: I got nothing against any PC company HP, Dell, Lenovo, Sony, etc. That said, it is very hard to get close to what I'm looking for, from these main suppliers. I discovered in my research, small PC builders, who mostly seem to cater to gamers, hi end business LTs, but some seem to want to work with someone like me. Some were located in the UK and seemed to be well thought of here in the states. Also, some seemed competitive in price, even factoring in shipping. Is it silly for me to consider looking at these small builders? It seems to me and I might be incorrect in thinking, that these smaller shops might take quality/service/support, more important then say, a multinational corp. Also am I being unrealistic in my desires here? I'm a big boy, tell me. I'm open to any suggestions, directions, opinions. Anybody who has weighed through this long winded request and wants to comment, hey, feel free, I'll be happy to hear anything you all have to say.....Thanks, Stan

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-me-pick-my-new-laptop.213667/
Relevancy 53.32%

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olstemp...ime:>1900-01-01&prids=&cp=2&_requestid=127262

What's the best laptop I can get under $530?

It has to be Best Buy cause of $120 giftcard.

I'm pretty much going to do everything with it, including a bit of gaming like world of warcraft at the highest, nothing too hardcore.

Relevancy 53.32%

If you had to chose between this:
http://www.shopping.hp.com/webapp/s...=Special+edition&series_name=dv2700tse_series
and this:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834220217

Which would you pick?
The HP would be customized with the T8100, left at 2GB RAM, the 8400 GS, fingerprint reader, wireless N and bluetooth, the 320GB hard drive, and the lightscribe burner.

A:Which laptop would you pick?

I'd go with the Hp myself. It is a bit cheaper, and you'll be getting exactly what you want in it. Unless for some reason you need it fast (in which case, buy from newegg), then go with the HP. Hope I helped! Oh, but if you do get the Hp one, I'd possibly consider getting a warranty just incase. But thats just me.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/which-laptop-would-you-pick.696032/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi all could you help me pick out a good laptop that is a gaming laptop not too much money. What is a good brand laptop. Thanks by they way this laptop is old and don't know how long its going to last.

A:I need to pick out a new laptop

Hi,
I don't believe you can put Gaming and not too much money in the same paragraph
Post your budget

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/385017-i-need-pick-out-new-laptop.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hey Every One I am looking to get a new laptop but I dont have alot to spend I have narrowed my search down to two laptops This One ASUS X Pick? Laptop I Should Which Vm-X Core Duo P GHz Which Laptop Should I Pick? -inch Notebook yes i know this laptop is a lil old General Features Color Brown with geometric design Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium -bit SP pre-installed w Which Laptop Should I Pick? CoA Intel Centrino technology platform Intel Core Duo P GHz processor MB L cache MHz FSB speed GB DDR RAM GB hard drive LightScribe DVD RW DL drive NVIDIA GeForce M GS graphics w GB frame buffer Integrated audio with built-in speakers Integrated Gigabit Ethernet IEEE b g Draft-N wireless LAN Built-in megapixel webcam and microphone -in- Digital Media Reader QWERTY keyboard with touchpad -inch TFT active matrix widescreen LCD display x Battery Specifications -Cell Li-ion battery pack mAh Volts Supported Media Secure Digital SD MultiMediaCard MMC Memory Stick MS Memory Stick PRO MS PRO font Expansion Slots One ExpressCard card slot I O Ports Five USB ports One HDMI One eSATA One -pin VGA One RJ- Ethernet One -pin IEEE FireWire One Headphone One Microphone Or Dell Inspiron quot AMD Turion X Dual Core RM- Approximate Battery LifeUP To Hours Hard Drive Capacity GB Hard Drive Speed Revolutions Per Minute rpm LED Backlit DisplayNo Optical Drive X DVD -RW Processor Cores Processor Speed GHz Processor TypeAMD Which Laptop Should I Pick? Turion X Dual Core RM- RAM GB Screen Size Inches Graphics Discrete Video MemoryYes Expandable Video MemoryYes Graphics ChipsetATI Mobility Radeon HD MB Integrated Video MemoryNo Native Screen Resolution x Upgradable Video SystemYes Video Memory MB Audio Audio Chipset Internal High-Definition Surround Sound Audio Audio OutputStereo Digital InputNo Digital OutputNo Hardware Volume ControlYes Integrated AmplifierNo Integrated MicrophoneYes Microphone InputYes Speaker Wattage W SpeakersYes Inputs Outputs Card Reader - Compatible Memory TypesYes Card ReaderYes Composite OutputNo ExpressCard InputYes ExpressCard InputNo HDCP CompliantNo HDMI PortNo IEEE Input OutputNo IR ReceiverNo Number of Touchpad Buttons PC Card InputNo S-Video OutputNo Type of KeyboardEnglish No Backlit Type of ModemInformation Not Available Type of Pointing DeviceTouchpad USB Ports Ports VGA OutputYes WebcamYes Wireless Display WiDi CapableNo Mostly All I use my laptop is for photo editing in corel and browse the internet

A:Which Laptop Should I Pick?

Considering you said laptop.. you do realise that if you choose the top choice it will be smaller than a laptop as it is called a netbook

The bottom one will have a bigger speed and will probably boost your power in corel and browse the internet..

The top one can still do those.. but consider less performance

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/104380-laptop-should-i-pick.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I hope that someone can help with this. There's this laptop computer running
Win2K and the Primary and Secondary Controllers are flagged in Device Manager. No matter what I do I can't get them back up, and there's no CDROM in My Computer. I need help on this matter please.

Thanks in advance!
Tommy4024!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-pick-up-the-cdrom-on-laptop.333589/
Relevancy 52.89%

hello

i tried to start in safe mod but laptop stuck on that and does not move further after that i try to install xp 2006 but cant be bcoz when window start to copy files one file could not copy and window can not be installed after that i try to install window 7 but same problem was there now tell me what is that it is hard ware problem or soft ware, what can i do?
waiting for your reply
Aadi is here

A:laptop does not pick window

please do not duplicate post - continue here
http://forums.techguy.org/windows-xp/994227-laptop-does-not-pick-window.html#post7911780
you need to reply to your original post and not start a new thread

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-does-not-pick-window.994246/
Relevancy 52.89%

hey guys,
i any one know about this pls inform me, my laptop was working good i was just want to install avast anti virus on installing that i face the blue screening error after that my laptop is not powered on i try many time to install an other window but laptop does not install any window plz help me or guide me on my id <email removed by moderator, to remove risk of spam to user>
as soon as possible
i have satellite L300 toshiba

A:laptop does not pick window

I have removed your email - a) so you do not get a lot of spam and b) we only use posts here and do not provide offline support y email, pm or any other means

what happens when you boot the PC - can you provide exact details

have you tried safemode as the pc starts keep tapping F8 a menu appears - choose safemode from the menu
if that boots up OK
then do a system restore
staet>programs>accessories>system tools>system restore - choose a date before the problem started

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-does-not-pick-window.994227/
Relevancy 52.89%

The more I Help me Solved: pick new laptop. my look the more I get confused My HP DV - is over yrs old and dieing I want a quality built laptop and am willing to pay In the past yrs this HP has had Solved: Help me pick my new laptop. its DVD CD drive replaced and recently the fan died other then that it has been a good machine I do not game but Solved: Help me pick my new laptop. prefer a larger screen It is plugged in of time so long battery life is not necessary This will be used to surf email create simple documents watch movies uTube etc I don t think I even need a DVD CD internal player I would be OK with an optical drive I plug in when I occasionally need one I do not store a lot on the HD the Gig in this one is fine in fact a SSD probably would be fine but they are very expensive I guess a combo SSD for OS and Gig HD for all the other stuff CPU as I will keep this for as long as possible I want a late model that will handle changes in the future Again for that reason RAM should be gig for future needs As I don t game I guess an internal good GPU would be sufficient Networking I would want the best as I sure that will be changing a lot in the yrs to come I know I m missing some other specs but I think you all get the point Good quality good service I would pay extra for for at least yrs I ve looked at all the biggies Dell HP Lenovo Acer etc and even some gaming type MSI Alienware Eurocom Canadian I guess I looked too much as now I m confused and unsure I guess I would even have one built if it came to that Quality costs up to - and service I will respond if someone out there want to ask me more I hope I have not bored you with my small problem and I hope this is the place to publish this call for help Thanks Stan nbsp

A:Solved: Help me pick my new laptop.

1.Check this website : http://blog.laptopmag.com/laptop-buying-guide

2.Make a list of the specifications of your new laptop. Keep it close to your budget limit.

3. Search the websites or go to a store and select the one that suits you.

Of course you won't find a laptop that entirely fits to your demand. In that case you can buy a low budget machine and can upgrade or customize it later according to your needs.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-help-me-pick-my-new-laptop.1149320/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi I was with an ISP for a month I used a router and named it AAA let's just say I initially put a password for it It was working for all but one roommate she couldn't connect at all so we made it open access since we had unlimited internet We used it this way for about weeks but that didn't work for her either so we decided to switch The internet pick can up still even old ISP I wifi Laptop cancelled though service was terminated the next day and then Bell came in the day after to install Bell gave us a modem but we used the same router I reset everything again and connected the router to the Bell modem Bell had given us the login name and password and we could all successfully connect We're a month into using internet with Bell but today I realized that my laptop could still pick up AAA signal still unsecured I decided to try connecting to it and the internet worked I'm wondering if this is because we used the same router If I use the AAA signal will it take up some of Laptop can still pick up old wifi even though I cancelled ISP our Bell internet usage I have no idea what's going on Any help would be appreciated Thank you

A:Laptop can still pick up old wifi even though I cancelled ISP

When you mentioned Bell's login name and password, you did not specified if that was for wireless or not.
Does Bell's modem has wireless capability as well?

Is Bell's modem ADSL(telephone line) or cable? What kind of connection was supplied by previous ISP (cable or ADSL)?

But likely if you have connected your router to Bell's modem, router has no other option than to take usage from Bell's modem.

If you can't answer my questions, you could just provide us with model numbers for those both hardware units. You can find model names on devices themselves (on little stickers with small print).

http://www.sevenforums.com/browsers-mail/262152-laptop-can-still-pick-up-old-wifi-even-though-i-cancelled-isp.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I had been connecting to a free wireless network in a hostel for about a week. However one morning when I switched on the laptop the network was no longer there when I clicked on view available networks even though I was still picking up others. No one elses laptop has has any problems connecting to it. Its been like that for several days now. I have no idea what happened. Any ideas or suggestions would be appreciated.

A:Laptop won't pick up a particular wireless network

If you have Windows XP or Vista try a System Restore to before the problem began.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-wont-pick-up-a-particular-wireless-network.728024/
Relevancy 52.03%

Several months ago my computer stopped picking up any wireless networks. I can connect using an Ethernet cable and a USB wireless adapter. I have troubleshooted and removed my driver and updated software; I even upgraded from Vista to Windows 7 hoping that might fix the problem but it didn?t. I am thinking it may be my internal wireless card. So you recommend going to a hotspot to see if I can pick up there? I would think I would have to do that considering the USB adapter picks up multiple wireless networks but my internal one picks up none so I think that already rules out my router being a problem.

A:My laptop does not pick up any wireless networks

Looks like a bad internal wireless card. Are you sure you havent switched it off with some toggle button? is it shown in the device manager?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/169352-my-laptop-does-not-pick-up-any-wireless-networks.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi all,

I have a laptop here with no os on it at the moment, think pad 600x with an 650 mhz processor and I'm told over 300 mb of ram. I am wanting to install xp on the machine, it used to have 98, but as long as I am working with it, I thought I'd go for the upgrade.

Problems arise in that the machine will not recognize the cd rom, probably cuz the hard drive was wiped clean, and no drivers for it exist. I can take out the cd rom and pop a 3.5 inch floppy in its place, and the machine picks that up ok, but I am unclear as to how to proceed from here.

Should I use the 6 3.5 inch boot disks to get xp going, and then take out the 3.5 drive, insert the cd rom and go from there... will that even work? Advice would be greatly appreciated. thanks.

Relevancy 52.03%

Hi,  I just bought HP Pavilion Notebook 17-g192dx. Can you tell me how to set up this laptop in oder to pick up 5 ghz  internet connection? It just picks up the 2.4 ghz. The internet connection and routers are fine. I have had them checked by the RCN.  Thanks.

A:How to set up this laptop in order to pick up 5 Ghz internet...

Hi: Most HP consumer notebooks do not come with dual band wireless cards, including yours. Below is the link to the product specs page. http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-Pavilion-17-g100-Notebook-PC-series/8499304/model/11926634/do... Under the wireless connectivity specification it lists a 802.11b/g/n (1x1) wireless network adapter. Anytime you see a wireless card with a suffix that ends in b/g/n, that means it is a single band (2.4 GHz only) wireless card. Dual band wireless N cards have suffixes that end in a/b/g/n or a/g/n. The 802.11b/g/n (1x1) specification only, also means your notebook does not come with built in bluetooth, or that feature would have been listed there too.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/How-to-set-up-this-laptop-in-order-to-pick-up-5-Ghz-internet/td-p/5688962
Relevancy 52.03%

I recently ran a system recovery on my Samsung 305V and set it back to factory defaults. Now my problem is connecting to the internet. I have hardwired it to the router, also reset the modem and router several times. I disabled the firewall and tried running in safe mode with networking, everything has failed. I looked in the Device manager and there are no devices in the network adapter category besides two Bluetooth Devices. Under the Other Devices category it shows Ethernet, Network and SM Bus Controllers with yellow caution signs on them, I don't know what these are but I can't update the drivers on them or anything. I just can't seem to find a solution please help!

A:My laptop won't pick up any network connections.

Looks like you need those ethernet drivers to get connected. Have you tried connecting via WiFi to get those updates through Windows update?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/250568-my-laptop-wont-pick-up-any-network-connections.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I have recently bought a second hand toshiba tecra laptop, i am trying to connect it to my netgear router. There is currently only one other laptop connect to this router and yet it will not let me connect to it. I have matched all the setting from the current laptop to the one i am trying to connect however it still will not even pick up a signal. I have phoned my network provider and they couldnt manage to find out the problem. When i try to search for wireless network connections there are none found even though the wifi button is on?
What can i do to get this laptop to connect to the router?

A:laptop will not pick up wireless networks

Please attach a screen shot of the Networks page of the Xirrus Wi-Fi Inspector and show ...

Start, Run, CMD, OK to open a command prompt:
(For Vista or 7 type CMD in the Search box after Start)

Type the following command:

IPCONFIG /ALL

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-will-not-pick-up-wireless-networks.1004434/
Relevancy 51.6%

Really need some help goin off my head!!!
My problem is i have just bought a new samsung laptop with windows 7, everything good apart from the fact i cant connect to my mobile broadband, It picks it up when i plug it into the usb port and then installs fine, but once installed it doesnt pick up any signal and i cant find it any where on the network and internet part of the control panel, please please someone help me!!!

Relevancy 51.6%

i have just purchased a new hp laptop and i cant pick up the same wireless speeds as my ipad or iphone.  i have tried reinstalling all the drivers, playing around with a mutitude of setting on windows 10 wireless settings suggested by the endless fowums i have trawled lookinsg for a solution and looked at my verizon router settings to see if there is something i can chnage there. the only think i can think of is that laptop wont connect on the 5ghz channel of my router and the high speeds are only available on that channel. is there a way of connecting on the 5ghz channel and would this be slowing my connection down my 6 year old ipad is running at nearly 100mbps while my new laptop struggles for 5

A:My new laptop cant pick up high wireless speeds

Hi: Looking at the product specs below for your notebook, it only comes with a single band (2.4 GHz) wireless network adapter. http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-17-x000-Notebook-PC-series/11203107/model/11926644/document/c... Any time you see a wireless network adapter with a suffix ending in 802.11b/g/n, that means it is a single band wireless N card. Dual band wireless N cards have suffixes that end in a/b/g/n or a/g/n. The parts list confirms that the wireless network card your PC has is only a single band card with bluetooth. Realtek RTL8723BE-VB 802.11b/g/n 1x1 Wi-Fi + Bluetooth 4.0 combination WLAN adapter http://partsurfer.hp.com/Search.aspx?SearchText=W2M99UA 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/My-new-laptop-cant-pick-up-high-wireless-speeds/td-p/5754882
Relevancy 51.6%

I'm a student and I can't afford anything like a Mac, So my options are very limited, but anyways.

I'm looking to buy a new laptop on Black Friday, because my current HP laptop (w/Celeron processor) is breaking down.

I'm just going to use it at home in general, and I usually use it all day.

Right now I'm considering, Sony or HP (..again) or maybe Dell? (Max $500)

What's the best? Pros and Cons? Price? Webcam quality? Battery life? Any fan/overheating problems?

THIS SONY VAIO LAPTOP

OR

THIS HP LAPTOP

ANY OTHER YOU SUGGEST?

I'd appreciate any help! thanks!

A:PLEASE HELP me pick out a good laptop to buy on Black Friday?

Intel dual core processors (Vaio) tend to heat up more than the core i series. Since you want to use it all day i would suggest HP.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/please-help-me-pick-out-a-good-laptop-to-buy-on-black-friday.962930/
Relevancy 51.6%

I'm trying to fix my friend's laptop.
Apperently her cd drive is shot. It cannot read any cd/dvds and it makes a terrible sound when It tries starting up.

She has a Dell Inspirion 9300.
Im not sure which cd drive to buy tho
Can anybody help me specify. I prefer shopping from Newegg. thanks.

Here is the service manual form dell.

Thanks guys really appreciate if anyone can help me asap.

http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/systems/ins9300/sm/index.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/please-help-me-pick-proper-cd-drive-to-replace-on-laptop.745762/
Relevancy 51.6%

I have a window's 8 laptop. It is about a year old. A few months ago it just suddenly stopped getting a strong wifi signal in my room. The wireless router is in the other room. I assumed that it was just our router, a belkin, and started using an ethernet cable rather then replace it. However, I am visiting my girlfriend and the router is in her room. I took my laptop to the other room and suddenly I only have one bar of connection and nothing will load, like it does at my house. Even sitting right next to the modem get 3 to 4 bar signal strength. I have no idea what to do. I have ran virus checks and malware checks. Nothing turned up. I tried checking to see if my wireless driver needed to be updated but it says that it's up to date and functioning properly, which clearly it isn't. My wireless driver is qualcomm atheros ar9485 802.11. Please help.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-wont-pick-up-a-strong-wifi-signal.205616/
Relevancy 51.6%

Whenever I physically move my laptop (like pick it up to move it closer or to a new location) the pointer for my touchpad freezes. I have to close my laptop and open it back up to get it working again. If i keep my laptop in the same spot it will work perfectly. This problem only happens when I physically move the laptop. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Touch-pad-pointer-freezes-when-I-pick-up-my-laptop/td-p/5822916
Relevancy 51.17%

Ok right off i ll say that i know neither of these is a particularly good laptop but my budget is short and my need to have a laptop is high so i m rather question) laptop pick Friday Black a (processor me Help stuck choosing one or the other Its not impossible for me to stretch out another but with rent and bills do and Help me pick a Black Friday laptop (processor question) extra expenses coming up extremely painful So we re trying to decide between the lowest Best Buy and WalMart options Best Buy HP w Intel Celeron Ghz FSB G DDR memory G SATA RPM Intel Graphics Media Accelerator M USB ports Wi-Fi in media reader DVD RW CD-RW WalMart Emachines w AMD Athlon Processor TF- Ghz Mhz bus K L cache GB of PC MHz DDR Memory expandable to GB GB SATA rpm ATI Radeon HD Graphics with up to MB of HyperMemory supporting Shader Model Microsoft DirectX USB ports Wi-Fi in media reader SuperMulti Double-Layer DVD burner There s only a dollar s price difference from them but their spec sheet not helped by style differences are so different to a layman that i have no clue which is better hence the question I ve been running on Macs for years but recently used my travel room mate s Dell with XP and found that i could live with it still prefer my old beater of a Mac and of course Linux is always an option so it comes down to the hardware doing what i need All i use a computer for is email web surfing listening to music and watching the occasional video or streaming TV show This ll replace a Mac Mini w GB DDR SDRAM and a G hard drive did a couple upgrades on her and i m looking for at least comparable performance So which should be my first choice and should either of them not be worth bothering Danke Javarod nbsp

Relevancy 51.17%

all my other computers do i have verizon wireless sitting right in front of it my signal does not come up. others do but not mine. its hp laptop xp

A:laptop wont pick up signal from wireless modem

Have you turned the Wireless connection on?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/laptop-wont-pick-up-signal-from-wireless-modem-294683.html
Relevancy 37.84%

Hey guys!!! Well my video card blew, and well..... it PCI-Express. That means I cant juss go out and buy a cheap AGP caard. the cheapest PCI-e Card is like 50 bucks. so that means im gunna buy a killer video card. HERES THE DEAL! I DONT want an NVIDIA!! Had enough problems with them, and i wanna go back to ATI. now Im lookin in the X800 Series, and possibly the X700 Pro. Could I get some comparisons for the X800 Cards (juss the X800 Series), and whats the best value? Im lookin to buy from New Egg, and I wanna spend between 100 to 200 bucks. Opinions?? thanks for your help guys, ZmaN

Relevancy 37.84%

So, I am planning to build a computer, the question is, what ram is best for this motherboard?
http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=26_342&item_id=031520

How do you know which ram is good?

DDR3 1066? 1333? 1600?

A:What ram to pick?

did you take a look here:
http://www.crucial.com/

You should check out what your motherboard will take.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-ram-to-pick.968785/
Relevancy 37.84%

i just recently build a computer out of used parts now i cant diside which os to pick and what version ex home edition or pro or fullversion or sp 2

A:which xp to pick ?

Hi buenf !

Read this article :
Which Windows XP version should I buy?
(taken from the http://www.techsupportforum.com/f10/...ng-271086.html sticky at the top of the Windows XP section)

What are your complete system specs ? Check the link in my sig.

There are only 2 retail versions of XP directed toward the regular home user : XP Home and XP Pro. Xp Home is the cheapest one and is probably the one you'll want. XP Pro adds some features but unless you're a techie or need better control on several user accounts you probably won't use them much. Refer to the link above to know more.

The service packs are updates common to all 32bit versions of XP, current and final one is SP3 but if you can't find an XP SP3 install CD you can get an XP SP2 one and install SP3 via Windows update.

Here are the minimum system requirements for XP. I for myself would suggest at least a 1Ghz CPU, 40GB hard drive and 512MB of RAM to get a good experience.

If your computer is Vista capable you could go with Vista, in which case you'll probably want the Vista Home Premium edition (preferably with SP1). As of now XP still has the widest users and programs base but Vista has some added features and Microsoft will end support for XP in 2014 (note that by then Windows 7 should already be available). XP will work better than Vista if you have less than 2GB of RAM. Make sure your computer meets the recommended system requirements for Vista (double the CPU, HDD and RAM figures if you don't want a sluggish system) and run the Vista upgrade advisor to get an idea of how your computer would perform with Vista before you buy it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/which-xp-to-pick-276601.html
Relevancy 37.84%

Just curious. It's the first APPLE product that caught my interest since the mid late 80's

A:Anyone pick up a G-5 yet?

hehe

here's some info, swine
http://apple.slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=03/06/24/2154256&mode=nocomment&tid=1268tid=181
http://www.artificialcheese.com/special/spec/
http://www.azillionmonkeys.com/qed/apple.html
http://www.haxial.com/spls-soapbox/apple-powermac-G5/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/anyone-pick-up-a-g-5-yet.6696/
Relevancy 37.84%

well guys i have win7 ult now but it's not any use to me, so i was thinking about downgradeing to pro or home prem but don't no what, one to get as it is an everyday pc with bits of office work done on it by my mum, but i use it for internet and other things plus streming, videos to my ps3 but i have compaired the two and can't make my mind up, hope someone here can help me out thanks

A:can someone help me pick the right one please

Unless you *must have* XP compatibility mode, or bitlocker, or the ability to join a domain, then Home Premium will suffice (even if you do need XP compatibility, remember you can dual-boot with XP or run XP within a virtual environment too...) for the vast majority of users...

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/45369-can-someone-help-me-pick-right-one-please.html
Relevancy 37.84%

Been running W U about a year now it performs well I like to tweak things and i have my system running quite well i think but it still seems to just lack that wow factor I dont have my system overclocked nor do i have my Geforce overclocked but i know iwth my set up i could probably easily gain some performance but would i see a noticable difference I have read the how to overclock tutorials and i guess i have to admit im lazy i wanna up! Me Pick W7U just make some small adjustments in the bios to get me up a few more Mhz's so as not W7U Pick Me up! to create to much more heat and or instability issues so my questions are am i better off over clocking the processor Ram Or my graphics or should i do a little bump to all What tweaks have worked the best for you where you actually noticed a performance gain during normal everyday use Mind you i'm not a gamer i mainly surf email chat webcam and do some graphics and website work Heres my main system specs

A:W7U Pick Me up!

Honestly, with what you stated your main uses are, you'd probably notice the most improvement by switching to an SSD drive (at least for the OS partition). I doubt CPU, RAM, or a graphics overclock are going to give you a huge boost, but switching from a mechanical drive to an SSD will show a huge improvement, especially in day-to-day tasks.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/134599-w7u-pick-me-up.html
Relevancy 37.84%

I have an Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe w/an Intel 3770k that I'm building.
Coolermaster StormStryker and a Corsair H100i
Trying to decide which of 2 onhand P/S to use.
Silverstone Strider Gold S-850w or a Corsair RM850?

-D-

A:Which P/S would you pick?

While I prefer Seasonic power supplies myself, of those two, I would use the Corsair RM850.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/336151-p-s-would-you-pick.html
Relevancy 37.84%

I just want a few opinions on which card i should pick:

This One For 75.99

or

This One For 69.99

A:Which One Should I Pick?

out of the two of those cards, i'd say the x1650 is better, but not by a huge amount. i personally prefer nvidia because i've never had a single graphics card from them fail, so i'd pay the extra $5 just for them. but honestly, if i were you, i'd cough up an extra $25 and get this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814122023

that is probably 3x as powerful as the two that you listed. obvoiusly your building your computer on a budget, and i understand that, but $25 for a hell of a lot more power is worth it, and its more "futureproof" because its DX10.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/which-one-should-i-pick.81609/
Relevancy 37.84%

What would be better for a gaming pc

Core i5 750
(mobo: asus maximus iii formula)

or

AMD Phenom II x4 965 BE
(mobo: msi 790fx-gd70

Thanks
Nik11105

A:Need help on a CPU pick

What's the matter Nik .....? I thought you had this solved.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-on-a-cpu-pick.144939/
Relevancy 37.84%

Hi all

I'm trying to decide on a new laptop and have narrowed it down to these 3:

Samsung Series 7 Chronos - Pros: Design, Performance / Cons: No BR Drive, Price.
Dell XPS 15 - Pros: Spec, price / Cons: Not sure about Dell as a company??
Asus N55SF - Pros: Excellent spec for the money, great speakers / Cons: not the nicest looking, build quality is said to be a little lacking, not so portable.

All have similar quad core i7 CPUs and decent Graphics Cards, Dell and Asus also have Blu-Ray drives.

I'm a little out of the loop with laptops so just looking for opinions from people who have experience with these models to nudge me in the right direction. I can get all for around £900 or less so consider that my budget.

Main uses will be 2D/3D Graphics, Watching movies and some gaming.

Thanks in advance

A:Which of these would you pick?

Do you really need a laptop? Is a desktop an option? You will get much more for your money if you build a desktop for £900.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/which-of-these-would-you-pick.178367/
Relevancy 37.41%

Im not sure if i should be asking this here but i am about to spend alot of money on a comp and i dont want to make the wrong choice

newho if ya got the time could ya tell me which of these comps is best overall and which is best costwise?

1)amd 2400,256ddr,80gb hd,dvd,cd-rw for 489.97 after rebates

2)celeron 2.5ghz,256ddr,80gb,dvd,cd-rw for 529.97 after rebates

3)pent 4 2.4ghz,512ddr,80gb,dvd,cd-rw for 779.97 aftter rebates

my friend says beast deal and best comp overall is the amd cause its same performance wise but handles multitaskin better and the p4 is only priced higher cause of the name...could anyone shine some light on this subject for me please? Thanks in advance...if u can right a reason behind ur madness please do

Relevancy 37.41%

http://www.msy.com.au/viconline/pc-...g-2gb-r9-270x-twin-frozer-pci-e-vga-card.html

I have researched my little butt off and everybody says this is a good card.
This is why I had to buy a new card: http://forums.techguy.org/windows-7/1127096-huge-problem-all-sudden.html#post8918331
My budget was $250 and my specs are:

Motherboard - Gigabyte 970A-D3
CPU - AMD FX-6100 Six-Core
RAM - 8GB
Graphics Card - AMD Radeon HD 6870 (THIS IS WHAT I AM REPLACING)
PSU - NeoECO 620c

All the connecty bit's seem to fit my computer, and it's a bunch better than my old one....
I can't see any reason not to buy it.....but I am somebody who likes to be 100% sure before I buy something.

So...is this a good card for my system?

A:Is this a good pick for my new GPU?

Why did you start a new thread when you have two already going for video card related issues?

Here's one: http://forums.techguy.org/hardware/1127222-looking-buy-new-gpu-monitor.html

Here's the other: http://forums.techguy.org/windows-7/1127096-huge-problem-all-sudden.html

Closing unnecessary duplicate.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/is-this-a-good-pick-for-my-new-gpu.1127294/
Relevancy 37.41%

Hi everybody my good Please pick motherboard help new friends had an older computer about years old now I tried to fix it but I believe the motherboard is dead So not to beat a dead horse they want me to build them a new Please help pick new motherboard one They don t need fancy The only games they play are Bejeweled and some kind of casino game Please help pick new motherboard thing that they played on their old socket board with integrated graphics What I DO want is stable something that will last as long as possible for people who get email and surf the net I want to buy from NCIX as we have one here in town and I am pretty sure I want to go AMD Once I get the motherboard I will just check the site for compatible ram and cpu though I will probably come back here to check and make sure I made the correct selection for compatibility Here are some selections from the NCIX site And thank you in advance for looking http ncix com products sku amp vpn GMS-E amp manufacture MSI MicroStar http ncix com products sku amp vpn M A LT-M LE amp manufacture ASUS http ncix com products sku amp vpn M A TD USB amp manufacture ASUS http ncix com products sku amp vpn M A GTD PRO USB amp manufacture ASUS amp promoid http ncix com products sku amp vpn GA- GM-USB amp manufacture Gigabyte http ncix com products sku amp vpn GA-M MT-S P amp manufacture Gigabyte http ncix com products sku amp vpn GM-E amp manufacture MSI MicroStar I am looking preferably with video audio lan etc onboard I would also like at least one or two pci slots in case down the road anything goes bad so I can add audio or lan Mostly though I want a stable chipset and motherboard nbsp

Relevancy 37.41%

I am looking at geting an LCD monitor and can not decide between the NEC LCD1760V, the VIEWSONIC VG700, or the HITACHI CML174SXW..... Any sugestions?

Relevancy 37.41%

EVGA P55 ForTheWin or ASUS Maximus III Formula pliz help me pick a mother board for my new build i am ging to put a core i5 750 in it

A:Help on a motherboard pick

Could you possibly be more specific about this build?

IMO GIGABYTE GA-P55A-UD3 LGA 1156 Intel P55 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail
$135, much cheaper.

In your system specs it says you have a core i5 661 and an Asus Maximus 3 formula.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-on-a-motherboard-pick.143451/
Relevancy 37.41%

First of, this is my first ever post on here so im not very good at this :3

I am looking to upgrade my pc. I've had it for about 3 years now and it's starting to get slow make a lot of noise. I play a lot of games and want to get the best possible graphics i can. At the moment i got a GeForce GTX 560, a AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 965 CPU, 8 GB RAM and im using windows 7. The other pc specs like the motherboard and the other things i havent said im not sure about and dunno where to find out what i got.

I got about 500-700 dollar so im looking for the best thing(s) i can get for around that price.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks

A:Need help to pick what to upgrade on my pc

Concentrate on a better GPU, the rest is good for now... Welcome to the Forum!

http://www.pchelpforum.com/computer-diy/124746-need-help-pick-what-upgrade-my-pc.html
Relevancy 37.41%

Looking for a 19 inch CRT flat screen ($300-375) to go with the new Dell P2.4 I'm ordering. Usual home stuff plus a lot of gaming.
I've read nice things about the Dell P992 (a Sony make) but there are certainly other fish in the sea.

Any other recommends? Thanks!

A:Help me pick a monitor ??

The one thing I will recommend is that you look at the dot pitch number ie .27 or .25 The smaller the number the better the picture in general.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-me-pick-a-monitor.93891/
Relevancy 37.41%

I've had my trusty Logitech MX- for about years now it's never given me any trouble and I've just bought a new battery for it but I think it's about time to get a little upgrade So any suggestions would be awesome Because I lost the use of my left arm in a bike accident a few years back there Help Me Pick Mouse a are a few very important requirements though I play more FPS games than any others so here are a few must-haves Must have a Help Me Pick a Mouse tilting scroll wheel that is easy to get to I use this to strafe in FPS games Must have at least buttons used for almost everything except moving forwards and backwards I have a keyboard on the floor for that Must be a decent size palm-grip style mouse I need to still be able to hold the mouse while I use all the buttons Must have profiles many games don't allow me to use certain keys and I'm getting tired of changing the mouse button functions every time Preferably wireless I'm so used to wireless now that having a fixed cable just seems weird and I prefer the heavier mice which tend to be the wireless ones anyway Price no more than R approx USD but hopefully closer to the R R mark It's a bit difficult Help Me Pick a Mouse to find a list of mice with tilting scroll wheels I know virtually all of Logitech's mice have while none of Razer's mice do but there may be others that I don't even know about Currently I'm looking at getting one of these two Logitech G buttons hyper-scroll wheel Roccat Kone buttons functions with Shift key Or are there any others that would be worth looking at

A:Help Me Pick a Mouse

Check out Razer's line of mice. I use the Razer DeathAdder 3500dpi.

Razer? | For Gamers. By Gamers.?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/189326-help-me-pick-mouse.html
Relevancy 37.41%

undefined Hi I once had a problem with my computer and i used a forum to correct it this doesnt seem to be the same thing though i had vx before so i ran my plugin for vx this time and found nothing but pick thru Please my system.. i cant get Please pick thru my system.. my computer to defragment so this is it i made a hijackthis log file i wondered if someone will look it over for me let me know what i may have in here that i need to get rid of also Please pick thru my system.. i was reading another post someone wrote and they mentioned the wild tangent i know that is in there i was unsure if Please pick thru my system.. it was good or bad so here is my log file thank you Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows SE Win x A MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS SYSTEM KERNEL DLL C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSGSRV EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM MPREXE EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM mmtask tsk C COMPAQ INTERNET ISDBDC EXE C WINDOWS EXPLORER EXE C WINDOWS TASKMON EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM SYSTRAY EXE C MOUSE SYSTEM EM EXEC EXE C COMPAQ CPQINET CPQINET EXE C PROGRAM FILES COMPAQ EASY ACCESS BUTTON SUPPORT CPQEADM EXE C PROGRAM FILES REAL REALPLAYER REALPLAY EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM ATICWD EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM ATITASK EXE C WINDOWS RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM LVCOMS EXE C PROGRAM FILES PANICWARE POP-UP STOPPER FREE EDITION PSFREE EXE C PROGRAM FILES COMMON FILES MICROSOFT SHARED WORKS SHARED WKCALREM EXE C PROGRAM FILES COMPAQ EASY ACCESS BUTTON SUPPORT BTTNSERV EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM SPOOL EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM LEXBCES EXE C PROGRAM FILES WINDOWS MEDIA COMPONENTS ENCODER WMENCAGT EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM WMIEXE EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM RPCSS EXE C PROGRAM FILES COMPAQ EASY ACCESS BUTTON SUPPORT EAUSBKBD EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM LEXPPS EXE C PROGRAM FILES COMPAQ ON-SCREEN DISPLAY OSD EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM DDHELP EXE C UNZIPPED HIJACKTHIS HIJACKTHIS EXE R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www comcast net R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Microsoft Internet Explorer provided by America Online R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localhost R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - Default URLSearchHook is missing O - HKLM Run ScanRegistry c windows scanregw exe autorun O - HKLM Run TaskMonitor c windows taskmon exe O - HKLM Run LoadPowerProfile Rundll exe powrprof dll LoadCurrentPwrScheme O - HKLM Run SystemTray SysTray Exe O - HKLM Run EM EXEC c mouse system em exec exe O - HKLM Run CPQInet c compaq CPQInet CpqInet exe O - HKLM Run cpqns c compaq cpqinet cpqnpcss exe O - HKLM Run CPQEASYACC C Program Files Compaq Easy Access Button Support cpqeadm exe O - HKLM Run EACLEAN C Program Files Compaq Easy Access Button Support eaclean exe O - HKLM Run bpcpost exe c windows SYSTEM bpcpost exe O - HKLM Run RealTray C Program Files Real RealPlayer RealPlay exe SYSTEMBOOTHIDEPLAYER O - HKLM Run AtiCwd Aticwd exe O - HKLM Run AtiKey Atitask exe O - HKLM Run LexmarkPrinTray PrinTray exe O - HKLM Run Lexmark X Series quot C Program Files Lexmark X Series lxbkbmgr exe quot O - HKLM Run LexStart lexstart exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C WINDOWS SYSTEM QTTASK EXE quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run nbpfmizepk C WINDOWS SYSTEM rshrjy exe O - HKLM Run DXM Patch C WINDOWS p exe Q A O - HKLM Run WildTangent CDA RUNDLL exe C PROGRA WILDTA APPS CDA CDAENG DLL cdaEngineMain O - HKLM Run LVCOMS C WINDOWS SYSTEM LVCOMS EXE O - HKLM RunServices LoadPowerProfile Rundll exe powrprof dll LoadCurrentPwrScheme O - HKLM RunServices isdbdc c compaq internet isdbdc exe O - HKLM RunServices HC Reminder hc exe O - HKCU Run PopUpStopperFreeEdition quot C PROGRAM FILES PANICWARE POP-UP STOPPER FREE EDITION PSFREE EXE quot O - HKCU Run eZWO C PROGRA Web Offer wo exe O - HKCU Run Yahoo Pager C PROGRAM FILES YAHOO MESSENGER ypager exe -quiet O - Startup Microsoft Works Calendar Reminders lnk C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared wkcal... Read more

Relevancy 37.41%

Hey everyone!
Today in class I asked my teacher a question about my external drive coming in the mail. I told him if i can backup and save other files like music. My teacher said you can only pick one.

Is that true?
I can only pick to back up and can't save music?
I'm new at this external hard drive think, can someone explain what I can really use it for?
Don't want 320G to go to waste.

A:External pick?

I'm pretty sure you can do both depending on the drive size

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/137357-external-pick.html
Relevancy 37.41%

i have a query hopefully someone can Infections All Does Up Pick Hjt help with from what Does Hjt Pick Up All Infections i can gather hjt shows were malwre usually hides but can it be elsewhere the reason i ask is i ve had problem today with my google toolbar and ie google has vanished and ie will not go anywhere except to my favourites now i have looked at my log and compared it to my last clean log and with the exception Does Hjt Pick Up All Infections of the two things i was told i could remove the logs are identical but everything about this problem seems malware related imo it could be something else but s i have mde no changes to my computer in the past few weeks wht else could it be and as i have been cleared by hjt a couple of times a feel a bit rude asking for there time again and would like to try and sort this out without bothering them if at all possible at the moment i am at my wits end with this pc and really thinking of and getting a new one if anyone cn helpp i would really appreciate it as i stated earlier i checked my last known good log was given all clear with so if there can t be malware anywhere else maybe something has changed a good file to a bad one with the same name thank mz lso noticed windows logo has replced the normal computer monitor in my tabbar the one next to where it says bleeping computer

A:Does Hjt Pick Up All Infections

...hjt shows were malwre usually hides but can it be elsewhere...i have been cleared by hjt a couple of timesHijackThis is an enumerator and similar in some respects to a registry editor program which displays areas of the Windows registry where the majority of malware reside. Hijackthis will scan certain areas of your system and then create a log to help diagnose the presence of undetected malware in these known hiding places. But there are other types of malware which can hide from Hijackthis. If you have received assistance from the HJT Team, they would have done other checks to confirm your system was clean.However, without taking the proper precautions you could have been infected again. If you have taken added security measures and practice safe surfing your problem could be due to something other than malware. There have been reported problems with the Google Toolbar so I would start by removing it, rebooting and trying your browser again.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/93863/does-hjt-pick-up-all-infections/
Relevancy 37.41%

I'm looking for a 802.11N router. I need it to work with my iMac, my Windows-based Dell, and anything else that can access the Internet (PSP, iPod Touch, etc.).

I thought either Linsky's or an Airport Extreme (seems a little pricey, though). What are your thoughts?

EDIT: Please assume that my budget is $200 or less. I'd prefer one in the $100-ish range, but if one for $200-ish is much better, I'd be willing to get it.

A:Help me pick a router

Hmmm. Linksys makes good residential grade products, but even their WRT350N is in the $300 range. The products that are out (Cisco, Ruckus, etc) are "pre-standard" release, but are pricey. The "N" standard isn't going to be fully ratified until early 2010, so you may want to wait.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-me-pick-a-router.126862/
Relevancy 37.41%

how do u choose a proxy? there are many of them online.

A:pick a proxy

Quote: Originally Posted by fluidmotion

how do u choose a proxy? there are many of them online.

Depends on what you want a proxy for.

Mostly a matter of personal preference and easiest to setup.

Rich

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/243480-pick-proxy.html
Relevancy 37.41%

Hi, guys

I'm going to Flash BIOS for my board ASUS P4C800 Deluxe for a CPU intel 3.2E GHz. Yet i'm not sure which bios file should i download, can you guys help me pick:
P4ced17.zip
P4ced16.zip
P4c81017.zip
P4c81016.zip

Please me which one's best for my PC

Thanks

A:Which BIOS should i pick

Why do you want to flash the bios? Does the update address an issue you are having? Generally you flash a bios to the latest one available when necessary.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/which-bios-should-i-pick.266059/
Relevancy 37.41%

Intel Core2 Duo E4500 Processor HH80557PG0492M - 2.20GHz, 2MB Cache, 800MHz FSB, Allendale, OEM, Socket 775, Processor price = 120

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=3274224&body=REVIEWS

or

AMD Athlon 64 X2 4800+ Processor ADO4800DDBOX - 2.50GHz, 1MB Cache, 1000MHz (2000 MT/s) FSB, Brisbane, Dual-Core, Retail, Socket AM2, Processor with Fan price = 100

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2912698

or

AMD Athlon 64 X2 5200+ Processor ADA5200CSBOX - 2.60GHz, 2MB Cache, 1000MHz (2000 MT/s) FSB, Windsor, Dual-Core, Retail, Socket AM2, Processor with Fan

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2470587

Relevancy 37.41%

xxxxxx Rumb October Hrs Both towers use Windows XP with SP operating system SUBJECT After purchasing the the software Which accessories should I purchase Both towers are equiped with a Belkin 0f should pick? Part Which I 2. one 2 hi-speed USB PCI card The distance between the two towers is around inches I prefer not to move them closer together Because of the distance I ve been told by a technican that I require a special USB cable Question What kind of special USB cable do I need Question Where can I get this special kind of USB cable I imagine the cable setup in the following way a Steren or AA USB cable - or - type to connected to the special USB cable connected to a second Steren or AA USB cable - or - type Question Is my thinking correct If not could you give me some guidance Question Or should I drop the USB element from this project and go Firewire Thank You Awaiting your response Rumba nbsp

A:Which one should I pick? Part 2 0f 2.

I would not consider connecting them via USB, a special USB networking cable will allow it but its MUCH better to connect via ethernet.

If the computers dont presently have ethernet ports, cards are very cheap.

An ethernet crossover cable is then all that is required, and you can go a long distance with that unlike USB or firewire.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/which-one-should-i-pick-part-2-0f-2.410196/
Relevancy 37.41%

time to get rid of the old box HP monitor.

i don't want to spend more than like... $450

i was looking at the samsung 930B and some NEC monitor, i can't remember the model, something CX i believe.

but, i'd like a 19" (or bigger) LCD for around 400. if you think i should save for something else, that's fine too.

Relevancy 37.41%

So I got up Yesterday morning and my PC monitor was dead The splash screen came pick to new a Had up Monitor up and that was it Tried in on other PCs and same thing splash screen and then Had to pick up a new Monitor nothing So I went out and grabbed a new one I can't be without my PC I ended up with a HP BW IPS LED Ive only had it for hrs but so far its pretty nice Much better picture and quality than my old one and I haven't done any calibrations at all Just good out of the box I did change the Color temp to Warm though as I prefer it But beyond that nothing Very clear and easy to read and games so far look very good No ghosting that I can see just yet and I was Had to pick up a new Monitor expecting some since it claims to have a ms response time So far pretty happy with it Im sure there are better out there but considering it can be had at under its pretty impressive And still a huge step up from a TN panel at least to my eyes Anyone else have one of these

A:Had to pick up a new Monitor

Had one of mine quit, went to this forum: Badcaps Forums - Salvation For Your Hardware! (troubleshooting computer displays) for some helpful information. Got mine up and running again for less than $10.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/329368-had-pick-up-new-monitor.html
Relevancy 37.41%

know im probably getting annoying on the fourms but i dont want to screw up my build
ok so here it goes what would be better in a gaming build a
asus maximus iii formula with the core i5 750
or
msi 790fx-gd70 with the Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition

ill stop posting if people want it will be ok (kind of)

A:Help with a motherboard pick

go with the Phenom II X4 965

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-a-motherboard-pick.143836/
Relevancy 37.41%

I've tried at least a half dozen times over two days to upgrade w 7 pro to ten. Each time stopping at a different place. Only one descriptive message to uninstall Acronis. Following that advice and the install went all the way to 47 percent before going to bed. Woke up to seven this morning. Tried again and got a BSOD.

what can I do to help diagnose the problem. Also, is there some way to pick up where the install failed. At least it would be good to have the install exe somewhere. Each time I begin the "try again" it begins by downloading the installation file.

the most recent error was *-40017.

i need some help to stop this install loop. It isn't stopping at the same place, and almost completed once.

A:Can I at least pick up where I left off??

You can't restart from the middle of a failed upgrade as it rolls back but you can download the ISO from here Tech Bench and click on setup.exe (that will save having to download it repeatedly).

You can either mount the ISO or make a USB as described here USB Flash Drive - Create to Install Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums. In either case clicking on setup.exe while you are running Windows 7 will start the upgrade (don't boot from the USB - that will do a clean install).

The setup logs are called setuperr.log and setupact.log and stored in the C:\Windows\Panther directory (normally). If you can't find them there search the C:\ drive for the names. They should tell you what is going wrong - if it makes no sense then upload them.

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/33902-can-i-least-pick-up-where-i-left-off.html
Relevancy 37.41%

hi im building a pc and i have a budget of about 1300 EURO or 1150 POUNDS
can any1 give me an good part ideas for parts??

thanks so much!!

A:Help with a motherboard pick

you can get this
OcUK Overclocked AMD Phenom II X4 Quad Core 955 Black Edition 3.20GHz @ 3.80GHz DDR3 Barebones £699.99 inc VAT £595.74 ex VAT
Video card Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 5870 £299.99 inc VAT £255.31 ex VAT
OS - Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit - OEM £80.99 inc VAT £68.93 ex VAT
HDD- Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 750GB £59.98 inc VAT £51.05 ex VAT
Optical Drive - LG 22x DVD±RW SATA Lightscribe Drive £20.99 inc VAT £17.86 ex VAT

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-a-motherboard-pick.143640/
Relevancy 37.41%

ok well my first build i have found out either the board or cpu are bad.. so i am just going to buy a brand new board and CPU.. better then used stuff...

i have searched and found these two boards, and wanted input on the two boards as witch is the better board for the money... i will mostly be using the computer for internet email and a few games nothing heavy graphic wise for games.. just poker games or pinball games..

Newegg.com - MSI H61M-P20 &#40;G3&#41; LGA 1155 Intel H61 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard with UEFI BIOS

or

Newegg.com - ASRock H61M-DGS LGA 1155 Intel H61 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard
Now for the Cpu will any cpu with the lga 1155 socket work for either of these boards??? or is there a certain cpu i need...

thanks a bunch..

A:Help me pick a Motherboard and CPU

What is your budget for both parts combined---CPU and motherboard?

Do you already have DDR3 240 pin RAM?

I'd probably try to steer you to Intel, Gigabyte, Asus, or Asrock.

Are you OK with using on-processor graphics rather than a separate video card? Or do you already have a video card you plan on using?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/232451-help-me-pick-motherboard-cpu.html
Relevancy 37.41%

So I have a 350 buget for building a new pc all i need is a cpu/motherboard and video card. I'm down to these 4 to pick from, but other ideas for builds are more than welcome. thank you.

Links to the boards:
Biostar AM3+ 990FX SATA 6Gbps USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard TA990FXE

GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 AM3+ AMD 990FX SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard

ASUS Sabertooth 990FX - AM3+ - TUF Series - ATX AMD 990FX DDR3 1800 Motherboards

ASUS LGA 1155 - Z68 - PCIe 3.0 and UEFI BIOS Intel Z68 ATX DDR3 2200 LGA 1155 Motherboards P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3

A:Help me pick a new AM3+ motherboard please!

They are all good boards. We use Gigabyte boarfds in our compuer for resale, becasue we have found we have fewer failures and problems that come waling back into the shop.

But otherwise, I would probably go with the ASUS LGA 1155 for my own computer build

It would be helpful to know how you use a computer... how you connect... how much of your work has to do with images... games... high speed work, and whether it would be used by children or old folks.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-me-pick-a-new-am3-motherboard-please.177940/
Relevancy 37.41%

I am trying to decide between the three laptops below but am torn between brand name, and AMD or Intel. Can someone help me decide? Thanks,

Toshiba:
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=8397745&type=product&id=1179877029693

HP:
http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/HP-P...84838/catOid/-12963/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

Acer:
http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Acer...85212/catOid/-12963/rpem/ccd/productDetail.do

A:Need to pick between these laptops

No model numbers so this is difficult. Both Toshiba and HP make good ones and less good ones... need the model number and description to known.
Acer is good when new, but does not hold up well...
Toshiba is a good computer, but they have been having a lot of trouble completing warranty repairs quickly, or finding parts... Their parts, unless something has changes, are now handled by a third party that is not Toshiba.
I would buy HP based upon what I see because the support is better and the quality is consistent...
But It depends on whether they are above the bottom third in the price range. The problem with less expensive HP laptops is that the screen fail early... and they do not have the cooling fans to move all the air that needs to be moved. If you can see them, that is a good thing... inspect very carefully while on to get an idea how many cooling fans or exits.
Heat ruins laptops. You need to be able to move a lot of air regularly. Thick laptops are best, but thin pretty ones sell.
When in doubt, I would buy the HP. If the Toshiba is a Techra or a top of the line Satellite, it could be good.
Acer builds a lot of laptops for others, and they are getting better everyday, only today announcing they are going to buy Gateway.
Look at screen resolution as reported, and how it looks to you.
There are only 7 laptop manufacturers in the world, nowadays. They all have tricks in order to do marketing... figger out the tricks that make one better or worse for the price than others...
Screen is the most important. Cheap screens die soon... either the inverter fails, the screen fails, or the resolution is not adequate to see fine detail.
Hard drives are next. There are only seven choices, Toshiba (excellent) Seagate (excellent) Western Digital (very good), Samsung (very good), Hitachi (good), Fujitsu (good), Tri-Gem (bad). The prices vary by speed in rpm (5400 rpm lasts longer than 7200 rpm, and generates less heat); Memory (either slower memory or less of it - but if you have room for memory, that is good.), video graphics cards are only in the very best. Others work off the system board video socket. CD drive (CD burner, DVD burner, or plain DVD or plain CD). There are five qualities. The better the optical drive, the higher the price.
Look at ports. Cheap ones have no serial port, and only two usb ports. Good ones have serial port and four to eight usb ports.
Then look at the hinges and plastic. Cheap one shave lids that break off, bezels that break or crack. Look at power switches. Do they appear to be solid enough to handle a lot of wear.
Look at security. Do they have finger print readers, hooks for security cables. Does the lid fit neatly with room to spare. Do they have ethernet sockets that are easily accessible, modems? or do they use pcmcia slots. They won't all have everything. You look for where they compromise.
Look at the bottom cover. Cheap ones get too hot to hold on the lap.
Batteries. How many cells in the battery... They run from 5 to 10... the more cells, the longer the battery life, and the better the battery. How accessible is the battery.
Consider weight. People pay extra to get light weight. Light weight can make them more fragile.
Consider mostly the warranty. We have found that some lousy laptops have only a one year warranty. Others, such as Dell, Thinkpad, and the better HP's offer a choice of one,two, three, four or five year warranties. The fact that a five year warranty is possible, means the company believes they have a computer that makes them a profit on a five year warranty.
I would avoid all laptops which only offer a one year warranty. It may be that you can only afford the one year, but it is good to know they offer five. Some will allow you to upgrade the warranty before the old one wears out.

You do not need a warranty in the first year. You need the warranty in the third, fourth, and fifth years.

Sorry to run on and on.

I would get an IBM Lenovo Thinkpad... Read more

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-to-pick-between-these-laptops.85451/
Relevancy 37.41%

hi guys,

i would like to buy a new VGA, and i want it cheap but 256MB, so pick up some like:

- ASUS N7300GS
256MB DDR2
engine clock 550MHZ
Memory interface 64bit
MEmory clock speed 540 MHZ

- Digital Alliance 7300 GT Sonic
256 DDR3
engine clock 500MHZ
Memory interface 128bit
Memory clock speed 1000 MHZ

- XFX 7300GS
256 MB DDR2
engine clock 550 MHZ
memory interface 256 bit
memory clock speed ???? <i'm still looking>

they're all the same in pixel, which is max: 2048 x 1536.

i don't quite understand what is engine clock, DDR2/DDR3, memory interface, and memory clock speed for.so i'm still confuce in picking one of them, any idea?

thx guys.

Relevancy 37.41%

Don t know which one im getting yet thinkin motherboard! Help me pick my about going all out even though i won t be OC bc they are expensive which do you like and why http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E - Help me pick my motherboard! http www Help me pick my motherboard! newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E - http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E amp Tpk fx ud - http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E - I cant really decide which i want more i kinda wana just go all out and get the ROG board but it just seems like alot more than i need so its kinda between the GA board and the sabertooth because the Asus board doesnt have x x pcie slots running at x bandwith and both of those are the same price so im stuck but the sabertooth is uefi bios more user friendly incase i do decide to overclock one day nbsp

A:Help me pick my motherboard!

I presume you're going Crossfire then?

If you're not overclocking then spending more on functionality you're not bothered about using is a waste of money.

For your money you'll get more out of the Gigabyte, not sure what warranty they offer though.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-me-pick-my-motherboard.1029810/
Relevancy 37.41%

I am in the market for a video card (PCI-E) i need to be able to buy it from dell.com... it has to be an ATI, it has to support SM 3.0 and i'd like for it to be under 250.00... im kind of new to the whole video card thing so please explain anything u can while making suggestions...

Relevancy 37.41%

I posted the other day on the Operating System thread was asked to post a Hijack This log and its been a couple of days and have had no response could someone please take a look at this and let me know if they could help me out I will ask to have my other thread moved if I need to do that but my computer is doing crazy things and I can t use my printer now and it is whirring like mad Thanks in advance Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv one! Too to issues pick many exe C PROGRA COMMON AOL ACS AOLacsd exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ee services safetyCore ver aolavupd Too many issues to pick one! exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files CA PPRT bin ITMRTSVC exe C PROGRA mcafee com ANTIVI mcshield exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files mcafee com personal firewall MPFService exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL MICROSOFTSMLBIZ Binn sqlservr exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS wanmpsvc exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files AOL ee AOLSoftware exe C Program Files mcafee com antivirus oasclnt exe C Program Files mcafee com antivirus mcvsescn exe C Program Files mcafee com personal firewall Too many issues to pick one! MPfTray exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C WINDOWS stsystra exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C Too many issues to pick one! WINDOWS System DLA DLACTRLW EXE C Program Files Common Files AOL ee services safetyCore ver AOLSP Scheduler exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ee SSCEvtHdlr exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Tools Binn sqlmangr exe C Program Files Common Files AOL ee aolsoftware exe C WINDOWS system spider exe C Program Files America Online waol exe C Program Files America Online shellmon exe C Program Files Common Files Aol aoltpspd exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL www google com ig dell hl en amp client dell-usuk amp channel us R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search Default Page URL www google com ig dell hl en amp client dell-usuk amp channel us O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS System DLA DLASHX W DLL O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg dll O - BHO Browser Address Error Redirector - CA C - B - E-A -A C DB F - C Program Files BAE BAE dll O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run DLCCCATS rundll C WINDOWS System spool DRIVERS W X DLCCtime dll email protected O - HKLM Run HostManager C Program Files Common Files AOL ee ... Read more

A:Too many issues to pick one!

Thanks for all the help I've received

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/too-many-issues-to-pick-one.613292/
Relevancy 37.41%

I just replaced my dead NF S V with this ABIT AN and it is a quot Pain in da --- Wish I had never thrown away the on it - I am on Soc Security and could not afford this LEMON BUT - I am thinking of going deeper in debt already and possibly replace this headache BUT in starting to research all the P Me NEW Pick Help PLEASE Mobo? s and AMD s etc - results in MASS Confusion I am leaning toward something that I need not OC - or maybe very little A mobo cpu combo possibly Cannot afford to go cutting edge with only PCI-E slots and have to buy new PS too Would love to be able to go just under cutting edge with some longevity - maybe has one AGP latest to upgrade to later Would love a Pentium D - but know I can t afford but do not understand the difference in ALL their models and sockets etc ie - quot Prescott quot I am presently looking in Price Watch but do not know what I am really looking at - should I be afraid of quot Help Me Pick NEW Mobo? PLEASE PC Dhips ECS etc quot Do not want to spend Help Me Pick NEW Mobo? PLEASE much over for a mobo and cpu that will last awhile Please advise and Thanks Michael nbsp

A:Help Me Pick NEW Mobo? PLEASE

Why dont you just upgrade your processor to a 3200xp for now?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-me-pick-new-mobo-please.400685/
Relevancy 37.41%

I'm trying to find a new router and I have no idea what to look for in a router, if anyone can give me tips on buying a router, I'd greatly appreciate it.

I'm currently using D-Link Di-614+ Wireless G and it's time for an upgrade. I'm trying to keep the price under $100 if possible.

Relevancy 37.41%

with my budget i can afford one of these cpus for now...
the mother board i have is a MSI-H81M-E33 right now i dont have a cpu so looking for something to hold me over until someday i can get a much much better cpu.. all this computer will be used for is email, web surfing, you tube, watching movies , and some games but nothing heavy in terms of gaming games like card games or facebook games, also music, i do have 4gb of ddr3 for now but plan on maxing the board out to 16gb.. i have a 1gb video card i have added .... any help on witch one will be the better cpu for the money would be helpful... thanks or maybe another cpu that will work with my board that does not go over $60 bucks.. before shipping...

Intel Pentium Processor G3220 3.0 GHz LGA 1150 BX80646G3220 $56
Or

Intel Celeron G1840 Processor - BX80646G1840 $43

A:help me pick a CPU 1150 ...

grr wrote an essay and my intenret took a dump beforw it finished posting.

basically theres no noticeable difference between the 2, and any gains one has over the ither will be undone as you have an aftermarket gpu.

dont max out the ram.. your cpu will take a dump wayyyyy before it can utilise even half of the 16gb you plan.

instead get a small ssd. say 128gb. it will speed thinga up 10 fold and make you think you have a $400 cpu!!

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/334640-help-me-pick-cpu-1150-a.html
Relevancy 37.41%

I am in the market for a video card (PCI-E) i need to be able to buy it from dell.com... it has to be an ATI, it has to support SM 3.0 and i'd like for it to be under 250.00... im kind of new to the whole video card thing so please explain anything u can while making suggestions...

A:pick me out a videocard...

i can't imagine the advantage, if any, of buying from dell.com unless you need a specialized card (low-profile cars are sold elsewhere). i reccomend checking out tigerdirect.com and newegg.com

you're going to need to give us your system's detailed specs (include PSU ratings), your OS, and what you aspire to do with the new card (games, softwares you plan on running). without this information, i can't really tell you anything except to stick with good brands - gigabyte, asus, msi, ati, bfg (incomplete list, but more than enough variety there)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pick-me-out-a-videocard.61976/
Relevancy 37.41%

currently i have been using a 5h set of headphones ... the micoprohne picks up in sound recorder and through the sound card drivers but will not pick up in game in counter strike and in options menu... Can any one help me as i need sound to scrim and it will never pick up please post soon

Relevancy 37.41%

hello everyone st time ever posting on a tech form so right to the point my wifi has been acting stupid on so many levels st of all it cant find ips on its own i need to manually type ips for each and every network or it remains un-defined it wifi cant ip ..... pick gives me MASSIVE lag over so needless to say online gaming is dead to me at this point ive tried multiple versions of windows problem keeps coming back tried diffrent drivers nothing works even took out the card and cleaned it still no luck really hope you guys help me out with this one Cheers Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Pro bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - M CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB F Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Hewlett-Packard F Antivirus Windows Defender Disabled nbsp

Relevancy 37.41%

I have a template with various rows showing types of computer gear categories such as CPU, monitor, printer. I want to create in the next column over a cell that when you click on it shows the various types of compenent models under that category. This sounds like a pick list. When I rightclick on the cell I see the pick list option but can't figure out how to populate it. BTW this is in Excel 2002.

never mind just found out how - use data validation list

A:pick list

Hi ijusth,

Pick from list is used to select from entries in cells in the same column you are already in.

I think what you are looking for is a Drop Down list from VALIDATION.

Use DATA / VALIDATION on a column and select LIST to refer to a separate area where you have 'listed' your valid entries (Row or column).
If the area is on another sheet, give it a Range Name and refer to that in the VAlidation.

hth
Hew

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pick-list.440906/
Relevancy 37.41%

My apologies firstly for even suggesting this great site might be capable of having a virus somewhere and secondly I am only positive that it was this site but I am sure it came from REGISTRY BOOSTER that was advertised on TSG as a download under a big blue filled-in button I have checked my History websites way back and can t find anything resembling this download and TSG is the only one I trust anyway OK anyway as a result up pick TSG?? this Did I Trojan from from this download I picked up a cute little Trojan called quot Win Trojan Dropper Delf xotrojan quot My Comodo Did I pick up this Trojan from TSG?? Firewall ESET NOD anti virus real time and Windows One Care missed it completely and it was only after I ran Trend House Call that it finally showed up When House Call cleaned the virus s out they all came under quot Registry Booster quot and there seemed dozens of them In the following seven days someone hacked my PC and UPLOADED Gigs per day Hence I have blown all my Gig monthly allowance over a few Did I pick up this Trojan from TSG?? days So without upsetting anybody s feelings on TSG could this particular Trojan be the cause of the hijacking I see it is listed as a HIGH to EXTREME danger of some of the review sites I have posted a hijack this log elsewhere on TSG and maybe this will show up something Many thanks - please don t sledge me nbsp

A:Did I pick up this Trojan from TSG??

From the bottom of the rules page ....

Advertisements do not imply our endorsement of that product or service

Your trojan could have come from anywhere there are thousands of them around,anyone who uses a computer is always liable to pick one up from somewhere ...it certainly couldnt have come from this site thats for sure ...its a known fact that some of these spyware cleaner programs install spyware of their own then charge you for getting rid of it....just use the ones you see recommended on this site in various places ....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/did-i-pick-up-this-trojan-from-tsg.777649/
Relevancy 37.41%

Am gogin to treat myself to a decent monitor - not that the 24" BenQ has anything faults but am shortly going to givr iti to my partner as part of a build I ma doing for her.

Now I cannot make up my mind between these two
Dell UltraSharp U2412M 24in IPS LED Monitor [U2412M] - $319.00 : PC Case Gear &

Philips 278C4QHSN 27in Widescreen IPS LED Monitor [278C4QHSN] - $339.00 : PC Case Gear

The Dell is smaller but has DVI whcih I prefer and the Philips (I have a 24" TN panel one which is very good) but it only comes with HDMI and I really don't like the flimsy plugging system but the screen is bigger.

I really am not a gamer - just a surfer and emailer but have started to play with some graphical stuff plus I am limited to around $350 so any ideas??

A:Hard to pick

Hi John ... When it comes to Monitors Dell is hard to beat IMO .. The only down side to it i see is that it does not have an HDMI connection ...

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/339569-hard-pick.html
Relevancy 37.41%

Hey guys a me Help decent pick CPU first off sorry if this is the wrong place or something like that I m new here but I hope I m here to stay So I m building my first PC sad to say I m no a budget but I don t really feel like spending large amounts of money on something I have never done before plus I m a student I intend to Help me pick a decent CPU play video games and do some programming video editing and rendering Okay so I have a couple of questions that I would like to get answered What s a good CPU for this motherboard ASRock DE U S I have my eye on this one Athlon II X Ghz MB W Socket AM but I am oblivious when it comes to certain kinds of tech so this one may suck for all I know Number of cores vs Ghz I ve noticed that some cores have less gigahertz but have more cores and vice versa Why is that and what are the pros and cons of both types If that s not just an outdated thing I know it has something to do with multitasking but that s about it That s about it I ll update this thread if I come up with new questions Thank you for your time nbsp

A:Help me pick a decent CPU

That motherboard is AM3+ compatible so works with AMD's latest Bulldozer line of processors. As such, my advice is to purchase at least a quad-core FX-4xxx series CPU. AMD also do six (FX-6xxx) and eight-core (FX-8xxx) CPU's as well.

Rather than approaching it from the viewpoint you have so far, you'd be best to set a budget and let us know exactly what you can spend, and we can use that with the information above to give you the best choice.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-me-pick-a-decent-cpu.182659/
Relevancy 37.41%

Hi im currently in first pick PSU to sure Building PC, or GPU not what the process of building my first computer but im not sure what power supply and GPU I should use Im also not sure if all the parts are compatible at the moment I have come up with Procesor inter core i - GHz http www amazon com Intel-i - -Dual-Core-Processor-Cache dp B H HXS ref sr ie UTF amp qid amp sr Building first PC, not sure what GPU or PSU to pick - amp keywords i Motherboard gigabyte GA-Z -D H http www amazon com Gigabyte-LGA - amp keywords gigabyte ga-z -d h motherboard HDD western digital caviar sata III GB RPM MB cache http www amazon com Western-Digit amp sr - amp keywords gb hard drive RAM GB G skill DDR MHz http www amazon com G-Skill-PC - F amp qid amp sr - amp keywords g skill gb DVD samsung X DVD http www amazon com Samsung-Drive words amsung SH- BB x DVD RW DL amp RAM SAT Cooler zalmen CNPS X http www amazon com Zalman-CNPS qid amp sr - amp keywords Zalman CNPS X Case Coolermaster plus http www amazon com Cooler-Master Building first PC, not sure what GPU or PSU to pick amp sr - -spell amp keywords collermaster plus I would appreciate some help nbsp

A:Building first PC, not sure what GPU or PSU to pick

Looks good.

The few items I do not see listed are:

Power supply
Monitor
Keyboard/Mouse
Operating System
and possibly an SSD for system partition
I usually use Newegg while checking for part compatibility. I had a good feeling the CPU cooler you had listed would work as I have had a similar cooler. However Amazon doesn't give enough technical details to know for sure. I looked it up on Newegg and you are good to go with that CPU cooler.

Edit:
What are you going to be using your PC for, are you building a gaming PC or general use PC? This will help determine the size GPU and Power Supply you need.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-first-pc-not-sure-what-gpu-or-psu-to-pick.186869/
Relevancy 37.41%

Hi,
Has any one got any tips or procedures to replace a broken paper pick up arm ( RC1-3352-000cn) for tray 2 on a HP Laserjet 4350 printer. It would be very appreciated. Cheers.
Christian

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/paper-pick-up-arm.780482/
Relevancy 37.41%

I've finally decided to get a new computer. I want to game on it, so I was originally going to go with an Alienware, but they seem kind of overpriced to me. I thought it'd be cheaper if I built one myself, and I'd learn things too.

So, if I have a budget of about $2000, what's the best system I can make? I don't know anything about recent advances in hardware, so I don't know what processor or video card or RAM or what-have-you is the new standard of awesome.

Thanks a lot for any suggestions

Relevancy 37.41%

I'm having a little competition with a friend, we both made a list of specs to build a gaming rig for ~$1400.

The place of purchase is www.pccasegear.com

If you feel like it, please look through the builds, then vote on which one you think is better!

Build 1: Tom's rig

Build 2: Nick's rig

This is super duper important, so any votes would be highly appreciated

A:Two possible builds -- which one should I pick?

Hard choice when you would vote for specific parts in either build.

I don't think I would spend $140 dollars on a 550W PSU, but yet that build is the one with the BD-R drive.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/two-possible-builds-which-one-should-i-pick.186996/
Relevancy 37.41%

hep guys whats better of gaming and overclocking

Gigabyte GA-P55-UD6
http://www.scan.co.uk/products/gigabyte-ga-p55-ud6-intel-p55-motherboard

or

eVGA P55 FTW 200
http://www.amazon.co.uk/eVGA-P55-FT...27?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1287779226&sr=1-27

all comments are appriciated!!

A:Motherboard pick

Neither or both.

Most P55 boards are roughly equivalent in performance. The major distinctions are connectivity, board layout and pricing.

Why look at a Gigabyte P55-UD6 when its replacement (with USB 3.0 and SATA 6Gb), the P55A-UD6 is cheaper?

Overclocking is more a product of knowing how to manipulate the boards BIOS settings successfully. It is also very much dependant upon the CPU you use. Some will overclock well, some others not so much.This is mostly down to luck of the draw- unless you know which production batches have a higher oc potential or use a lower core voltage.

I personally would recommend a board that recovers well from a failed oc attempt, has a reputation for stability, a good warranty and replacement service by the manufacturer, is well laid out and has the aforementioned USB 3.0 and SATA 6Gb connectivity.
With those parameters in mind the P55A-UD6 is a reasonable candidate. The Phoenix Award BIOS offers enough tweaking options without the overkill (for most people) myriad of fine tuning details found in some other board's BIOS's (EVGA Classified/FTW, Asus Maximus etc.).
Other boards worth considering are the Asus P7P55D-E Pro, Gigabyte P55A-UD4P or Asus P7P55D/P7P55D-E Deluxe.

If this board is part of a new build, then you also may have the option of delaying your purchase for a couple of months, at which time the LGA1155 (Sandy Bridge) CPU/socket and P67 boards should make their appearance. A 50% overclock (from 3.4GHz stock to 5GHz) on air cooling using nothing more than simply raising the multiplier from 34 to 50* is quite impressive.

* The 2600K CPU has the ability to raise it's multiplier to 65 by all accounts -so 6.5GHz (100% overclock) although the cooling needed would be something more sophisticated than air.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboard-pick.155659/
Relevancy 37.41%

I'm looking for a Cheap Motherboard that will support a AtI Radeon HD 4770.As in cheap i mean less than 100 Us dollars, as a matter of fact the cheaper ,the better. I would like it to be ATX Standard or micro. thank you for your help

A:Help pick a motherboard?

AMD chip motherboards by Gigabyte, MSI, Biostar, EliteGroup, Asus, FoxConn... That were release between 1 year and 6 months ago... and still on the market at Directron, NewEgg, and Frys. For ruggedness, quality build, and reliability related to low cost, we are partial to Gigabyte and Foxconn.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-pick-a-motherboard.139163/
Relevancy 36.98%

I already know how to make a report pick a specific printer from within DESIGN mode.

And if you set your reports to open in Print Preview mode within the program(mdb) users can select the printer they require from the standard print dialogue box when they print the previewed report

But the problem is when I then turned that same .mdb into a .mde that Print Preview mode method stops working. Is there another method for a .mde? Thanks -Ken.

A:Pick a specific printer

ACMINC said:

I already know how to make a report pick a specific printer from within DESIGN mode.

And if you set your reports to open in Print Preview mode within the program(mdb) users can select the printer they require from the standard print dialogue box when they print the previewed report

But the problem is when I then turned that same .mdb into a .mde that Print Preview mode method stops working. Is there another method for a .mde? Thanks -Ken.Click to expand...

have some code (found in MSAccess the Help

Function SelePrn()
Dim prtDefault As Printer
' the number between the ( ) is the printer.
Set Application.Printer = Application.Printers(1)

Set prtDefault = Application.Printer

With prtDefault
MsgBox "Device name: " & .DeviceName & vbCr _
& "Driver name: " & .DriverName & vbCr _
& "Port: " & .Port
End With

End Function

Function ShowPrinters()
Dim prtLoop As Printer

For Each prtLoop In Application.Printers
With prtLoop
MsgBox "Device name: " & .DeviceName & vbCr _
& "Driver name: " & .DriverName & vbCr _
& "Port: " & .Port
End With
Next prtLoop
End Function

Create a module and past it and see the results, you will have to put some code to offer the user a choice.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pick-a-specific-printer.704620/
Relevancy 36.98%

Hello I card a me pick video help Please have an Inspiron and recently my video card went bad so I need a new one In the meantime I ve switched to onboard I m a software guy and am a big Please help me pick a video card dummy on hardware so can you please help me I just need a cheap one that Please help me pick a video card will get me by I don t do gaming My budget is as cheap as I can get Under - would be nice My power supply says quot Bestec quot on it and says V A - V A Specs from quot CPU-Z quot a CPU AMD Athlon X b Mainboard Dell Inc RY Chipset NVIDIA MCP c Memory DDR MBytes Here are the specs that came with my computer when I bought it HOWEVER I had to replace the NVIDIA with another video card cuz that caused problems but I made a stupid decision and threw away the card I replaced it with when it went bad Dell Inspiron AMD Please help me pick a video card Athlon X Dual-Core Memory GB Dual Channel DDR SDRAM at MHz - DIMMs Video Cards MB Radeon ATI HD PRO Hard Drive GB Serial ATA Gb s Hard Drive RPM w DataBurst Cache Please let me know what my cheapest bet would be so I can get off the onboard Thanks Thanks Steve nbsp

A:Please help me pick a video card

Does the motherboard have a PCI or PCIe or AGP video slot? After researching, you have a PCIe x16 slot:
This would be a good choice:
PCIeX16 Video Card

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/please-help-me-pick-a-video-card.169467/
Relevancy 36.98%

Let me begin by saying that I have a dell dimension From reading this site I have learned that this is not the best PC to start with but that is all I have OKay now on to the fun stuff I want to use this computer for dual purposes I am not a hardcore pick your dell. on my Need to brains gamer but i like to play the Sims and would like it to have at least decent graphics I don t know anything about the power supply but I know that is an important factor I have learned that I will probably need a new motherbord and power supply I want to get an intel pentium processor but right now I have a celeron If I buy a new motherboard would I be able to keep my same processor until I get a new one basically would that be a compatible upgrade Last I have dell memory would I need to buy a different kind of memory Sorry I am asking so much Need to pick your brains on my dell. but I really don t want to ruin this I am just not sure what components of this system are salvageable nbsp

A:Need to pick your brains on my dell.

I recently replaced a motherboard, cpu, ram, video card, psu, etc in a dell 2300.

If you get a socket 478 motherboard it should support your current celeron, while supporting newer p4's too.

You should have standard ddr ram in a 2400 IIRC.

If you need more help I can give more info.

The front usb won't work if you replace the mobo, the connector's non standard, and the power button needs a little modding to get it to work with a non dell mobo, but it's not too hard(if a 2400 is like a 2300).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-to-pick-your-brains-on-my-dell.29984/
Relevancy 36.98%

my pc doesnt have a graphics card and i want to buy one but what am i looking for?
for £37.99 i can get this :
# ATI Radeon 9550 Chipset
# 256MB DDR Memory
# AGP x8 Interface
# DVI-I / VGA / HDTV Out
# Microsoft DirectX 9.0 Support
# OpenGL 2.0 Support
# Windows Vista Ready
is thta good or bad? what do i need more of or less of? i mainly want it for games etc i.e Americas army 2.8
i dont wnat to go over that many MB because that means paying like £50 more!
HELP ME PLEASE!

Relevancy 36.98%

hi guys im getting a new GPU for my new build and i was thinking what would be better the GTX 295 or the gtx 460 because they are around the same price

gtx 295
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-090-GW

gtx 460
http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=GX-040-ZT&groupid=701&catid=56&subcat=1830

see!
so which would be better?
(i might buy 2 even for SLI who know?!)
so please help
Nik11105

A:GPU pick for new build help needed

I would go for GTX 460 and then get another in the future when the price comes down.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gpu-pick-for-new-build-help-needed.154952/
Relevancy 36.98%

one day i was on my acer core 1.5 aspire v5 touch screen laptop and i was gonna install microsoft office and the laptop couldent pick up the dvd so i went into the device manager app and i noticed that in DVD/CD-ROM drives tab that my HL_DT_ST DVD-RAM had a yellow warning on it. so i went to its properties and its said in its status
'Windows cannot start this hardware device because its configuration information (in the registry) is incomplete or damaged. (Code 19)' so i looked up how to fix this some results told me that i should uninstall it and then reinstall it,and thats where the problem comes in.i dont know where to reinstall it . do i go to action-add legacy hardware or do i go somewhere else????? please help me i have my college work all backed up i need that office program badly

A:My computer cant not pick up any cd /dvds!

Welcome to Windows EightForums, Pakimunda786.

After uninstalling go to Action tab in Device Manager and push "Scan for hardware changes". Then right click and choose "Update Driver Software.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/28254-my-computer-cant-not-pick-up-any-cd-dvds.html
Relevancy 36.98%

Inspiron15 Wants Me to Pick The OS to Boot. When entered Enter key it boots and behaves normally. How to set up the laptop to boot normally?
Cant remember me messing with System Reserved but remember deleting a folder there named New Folder.exe. Laptop got infected with system_3 virus but got rid of it with Avast.

A:Inspiron15 Wants Me to Pick The OS to Boot

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.
 Checkmark the following checkboxes:  List last 10 Event Viewer log  List Installed Programs  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
 Click Go and paste the content into your next post.
 Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy,  taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.
   Go to Piriform's website, and download the free version on the left.  Click Download from Piriform.com (the FileHippo link requires an extra click). Or if you want to use a portable version of Speccy (which doesn't require installation), click the builds page link and download the portable version. You will now be asked where you want to save the file. The best place to put it is the Desktop, as it will be easy to find later.
    After the file finishes downloading, you are ready to run Speccy. If you downloaded the installer, simply double-click on it and follow the prompts until installation is complete. If you downloaded the portable version, you will need to unzip it before use. Right-click the ZIP file and click Extract all. Click Next. Open up the extracted folder and double-click on Speccy.

Once inside Speccy, it will look similar to this (with your computer's specifications, of course):
     Now, at the top, click File > Publish Snapshot. You will see the following prompt:
     Click Yes > then Copy to Clipboard
Now, once you are back in the forum topic you are posting in, click the button. Right-click in the empty space of the Reply box and click Paste. Then, click Add Reply below the Reply box.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/624458/inspiron15-wants-me-to-pick-the-os-to-boot/
Relevancy 36.98%

This is my bosses laptop just upgraded to WIN10.
When he opens WLM it gives him a popup asking for e-mail address at yahoo and password to download the mail. Next I see the popup with the green bar running from left to right. It never reaches the end and the whole popup disappears. No mail is downloaded. When I click at ?send /receive all mail? I can see in the lower right just above the systrey that it is connecting, checking and then tells me no new mail. That is wrong, because when I go to yahoo, I can see plenty of mail after December 8. The system was working just fine till December 8. No download of mail after that.
Anyone on here have a yahoo account and uses WLM?
Can you get me the setting?
Did yahoo change something?
He wants WLM back.
Help
Sven

A:WLM cannot pick up E-Mails from Yahoo

I deleted and re installed the account again. now all is fine
Sven

http://www.tenforums.com/browsers-email/33833-wlm-cannot-pick-up-e-mails-yahoo.html
Relevancy 36.98%

Is there a way to turn off certain processes from starting at startup?

It's annoying to keep on turning off HP, MSN, etc etc at every start up. Plus I wanna free up RAM when I work on programs that need all of it, like 3dMax.

Thanks!

A:Pick And Choosing Processes..

Use MSCONFIGhttp://www.netsquirrel.com/msconfig/what are the processes? look them uphttp://www.answersthatwork.com/Tasklist_pages/tasklist.htm

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/75054/pick-and-choosing-processes/
Relevancy 36.98%

After switching to Windows 7, I can't choose native resolution for my display (1920x1200). The higher I can get is 1600x1200. I can't set custom resolution on any window - well, I can click on that options, but then i just can't apply any custom settings. It's really pain in the below, to watch 1600x1200 on 1920x1200 monitor, so I hope you can help me.

I tried, without succes, 195.62 from NVidia.com, 195.62 from Gainward.com (my GPU is Gainward 260GTX) and 195.81 beta. I even used third party software like Driver Cleaner and Driver Sweeper. Without any luck. My maximum resolution is still 1600x1200.

My monitor: Gateway FPD2485W

A:Can't pick high resolution

Hello!

Have you tried updating your graphics card drivers? Go into Device Manage and click Update on you card. If it does not find new drivers, go to the card manufacturer's site and download drivers manually.

If you fill in your system specs, perhaps we can find drivers for you. Download Speccy if you don't know your hardware.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/54981-cant-pick-high-resolution.html
Relevancy 36.98%

This is probably a very easy thing to figure out fix but for the life of me i cannot find the solution I to is adapter axs what How internet used pick for normally access the internet through my wired network connected to a router and my high speed modem Now the last few day my ISP has been having issues so my wired connection is unstable and barely usable while they fix the issues with their network i have been using my Iphone to get net axs but to do How to pick what adapter is used for internet axs so i have to disable the onboard NIC so win will access the net through my Iphone The only problem is i need access to my NAS unit while i'm online but How to pick what adapter is used for internet axs since i have to disable my on board NIC for windows to use my Iphone to get on the internet i cannot have both networks active at the same time So my question is how can i have my NIC active to access my local network and NAS while using my Iphone to access the internet I cannot seem to How to pick what adapter is used for internet axs find any sort of settings telling windows which adapter to use to connect to the internet it defaults to my onboard NIC if its active any help would be great

A:How to pick what adapter is used for internet axs

You use the iphone as modem/router for the pc?

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/339252-how-pick-what-adapter-used-internet-axs.html
Relevancy 36.98%

Im making a new PC but im on a buget. Im like one of those people who want's everything for nothing. I have 700$ to spend Canadian and I want an athlon 64 with a PCI-X motherboard. I want a somewhat of a gaming computer. A semi decent vidio card around $80-$120 would be nice but I don't know one from the other. I am willing to buy a motherboad manufactured by Asus,MSI or Abit. s939

THX

A:Im building a new PC, Help me pick parts.PLZ

What website are you buying from. Availablity will affect what you get, so we should know what options you have at your preferred site.

I've heard of ncix.com, and they're rated well.
http://www.resellerratings.com/seller2064.html

tigerdirect.ca, would probably be my second choice.

Also, what does $700 include. Is that for just a mobo, cpu, ram, and video card, and case/psu or do you need a monitor speakers, xp, mouse, keyboard, hd, dvd drive, etc too? Some people only include the hardware in the case(cpu, mobo, ram, video, hd, dvd drive, psu, case, fans/heatsink, cables, not including xp) when they say $700, and other people say $700 and they mean that for the case and everything in it +xp, +lcd/crt monitor, +mouse/key, +speakers, etc. Oh, yeah, does the price include shipping/tax or not?

Also, how good of performance do you want as far as graphics are concerned? Do you want to play the newest games(or think you ever may want to)?

Here's a rough sketch for you from ncix. It'll probably need changed to fit your needs, but it's a start.

So far a asus a8n-e sounds good to me.$168
http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=14268&vpn=A8N-E&manufacture=ASUS

And a 3000+ 939 cpu$215
http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=14415&vpn=ADA3000BPBOX&manufacture=AMD

And a gig of pc3200 ram(corsair, ocz, crucial, kingston, etc are all good).$138
http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=9821&vpn=VS1GBKIT400&manufacture=CORSAIR

A antec 1650b case(it's cheap and seems ok).$80
http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=12887&vpn=SLK1650B&manufacture=ANTEC

x600pro(mid range card)$126
http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=12682&vpn=S-X600-128&manufacture=SAPPHIRE

dvd $30
http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=8984&vpn=GDR-8163B-BLACK&manufacture=LG Electronics

80gb hd$82
http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=6470&vpn=ST380011A&manufacture=Seagate

Total = ~$840, so it's overbudget, and that doesn't include tax, shipping, or xp, monitor, mouse/key, etc.

xp $118
http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=6526&vpn=N09-011520OEM&manufacture=Microsoft

If you'd use a mobo that's cheaper, like this.
http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=13861&vpn=VNF4 ULTRA&manufacture=CHAINTECH COMPUTER
512mb of ram, and a case that costs about half as much, it'd bring the total to about $729.

It's hard to build a decent computer for $700 us, but canadian is even harder.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/im-building-a-new-pc-help-me-pick-parts-plz.25078/
Relevancy 36.98%

[FONT-Arial]xxx[/FONT]xxx Rumba352
22 October 2005
1545 Hrs.

Both towers use Windows XP (with SP#2) operating system.

SUBJECT: Which software package should I choice?
There are six candidates.

Having bought a new tower to replace my old computer.

I need to "migrate" my old (software, programs, registry settings,
and preferences) to the new tower.

I need to purchase a migration software package.

After doing some research, I have six candidates. They are ...

1. Move Me version 2.5 personal edition, $ 40.00,
www.spearit.com\products,html

2. Laplink PCmover, $ 50.00,
www.laplink.com\products\PCmover

3. StepUp migration tool, $ 25.00,
www.cellarstone.com\stepup

4. Desktop DNA Migrator version 4.7, $ 60.00,
\\home.ca.com\dr\

5. PC Relocator Ulta Control, $ ????,
www.alohabob.com

6. Detto Intellimover PC Replacement Suite, $ 70.00,
www.tigerdirect.com item# D144-2000

Question: Which one of these software packages should I purchase?

Question: Or, at least which one of these software packages should I aviod?

Thank You.

Awaiting your response.

Rumba352.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/which-one-should-i-pick-part-1-of-2-parts.410191/