Windows Support Forum

Blue screen: graphics card broken?

Q: Blue screen: graphics card broken?

I get an empty Bluescreen when playing D games mostly after a quite short time but some games screen: graphics card broken? Blue I can play up to a few hours When I start a DMark test the Bluescreen appears immediately after the first frame The event viewer displays the following error codes f d At the beginning some E errors appeared but I didn t find them Blue screen: graphics card broken? in the last Bluescreens Specs of the yr old PC Asrock K NF -RAID RAID disabled Athlon XP Barton x MHz Sapphire Radeon Pro GB MHz DDR-RAM GB WD HDD GB Maxtor Blue screen: graphics card broken? HDD Creative X-Fi XtremeMusic The Bluescreens also happen without overclocking The Bluescreens appears since two days after installing my new Zalman CPU-Cooler and like I said just when I play games with newer D graphic Memtest and Prime ran hours long without any problems or bluescreens I already Blue screen: graphics card broken? formatted the PC and reinstalled Windows with the newest drivers for all devices but I also tried it with older ones without soundcard etc but the problem is still existing So I expect the graphic card to be broken but I just want to be sure before buying a new one Would be great if someone can say for sure which part is broken or what I could do to test it further Best Regards Manuel Edit added Minidump nbsp

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Blue screen: graphics card broken?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Blue screen: graphics card broken?

It's the drivers, not the video card. See the following thread for the same crash and a solution.

http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic114470.html

BugCheck 1000007F, {d, 0, 0, 0}
Probably caused by : ati3duag.dll ( ati3duag+107e58 )
Image name: ati3duag.dll Timestamp: Wed Sep 24 10:54:14 2008 (48D99DC6)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/blue-screen-graphics-card-broken.117180/
Relevancy 80.41%

Hi,

Please can someone help me.

A friend of mine has sent me a photo of his laptop (as attached). Does anyone know if this is the screen that is broken or could it be something else maybe, like the Graphics Card.

The only information that he has been able to give me is, that his daughter was using Google and then this happened.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thank you

Misfit

Relevancy 74.82%

Hi everyone I m new here Quick history of my comp s problems -Bought it and from day it had a blue screen error problem I tried to track it down myself screen card, blue New graphics but eventually sent it back to where I bought it and New graphics card, blue screen they fixed it telling me it was the New graphics card, blue screen motherboard -Got it back and there were no more blue screens Hurray However while playing games I started noticing strange graphical artifacts New graphics card, blue screen terrain stretching etc It wasn t a huge problem though so I ignored it foolishly -The graphics card seemed to get worse and worse until eventually I started getting graphical glitches on the desktop and following the mouse cursor and it could no longer play most games without overheating and crashing I had left it too long to do anything about it and it was out of warranty SKIP TO HERE TO AVOID HISTORY -So I bought a new one to replace it GeForce GT which I installed earlier this week However I now have a blue screen of death problem again I think it may be the same error I was getting when I first got the comp but I can not be certain because I didn t save the info The problem is x F x x x x So far this has crashed while I have been downloading a patch for and while playing World of Warcraft and has not occurred when running any other games or programs some of them much more graphically intense however if my previous experiences are anything to do by the crashes can occur at any time So my instinct is to try and send the graphics card back and tell them the problem I have with it however due to the blue screens I had when I first got my PC I have an awful feeling they would just continue with a replacement card I have checked the C WINDOWS minidump folder and it contains nothing Any advice help would be greatly appreciated Thanks Edit Just realised I ve posted this in other hardware when I meant to put it in graphical and sound Sorry nbsp

A:New graphics card, blue screen

itch said:

I had left it too long to do anything about it and it was out of warranty..Click to expand...

Under consumer law any item that has been or has shown an inherent fault since day one is classed as unfit for use, first contact the supplier and advise him of the fault either by phone or by letter, they may ask you to get an independant evaluation of the fault.

If you get no joy then contact the citizens advice bureau for further advice.

regards

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-graphics-card-blue-screen.109296/
Relevancy 73.96%

I keep getting this blue screen on occasion for what I think is my graphics card. I had to get a new one after my old one died on me. I have a Dell Inspiron 530 and the graphics card is a Nvidia GeForce 210. The Blue screen reads:

Stop: 0x00000116 (0x8A688008, 0x8ED27AD6, 0x00000000, 0x00000002)

nv7ddmkm.sys -Address 8ed27AD6 Base at EC08006
Date Stamp 4e992973

Thanks! Help me if you can!

Easier to read specifications:

Dell Inspiron 530
Nvidia Geforce 210
Running Windows Vista
32-Bit
Intel Duo Core CPU
4 GB of Ram
Lots of Space on the Hard Drive

A:Blue Screen, Perhaps related to Graphics Card

Welcome
You show BugCode 116. This will help
STOP 0x116: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR troubleshooting - Windows 7 Forums

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/297696-blue-screen-perhaps-related-graphics-card.html
Relevancy 73.96%

Ok so here s the problem My friend recently Graphics lines blue and causes card screen. bought a PowerColor HD GB GDDR graphics card and after installing the card and the drivers and restarting windows the loading screen gets all kinds of lines across the screen up until the point where you enter in your log in information and then a blue screen The AMD install manager is responsible for downloading and installing Graphics card causes lines and blue screen. the latest driver for his device so he didn t download a bad driver since it comes directly from AMD Whenever he reattempts to install everything he has to reinstall windows due to being stuck in the blue screen loop when he attempts to log in to windows regularly Obviously without the drivers windows can t detect his card But any attempt to install the drivers causes the quot tears quot in the screen Here are the specs of his desktop CPU Intel Core i k CPU GHZ Motherboard and slots Gigabyte GA-Z -D H -- x PCI-E x x USB gigs of Ram Plus the aforementioned gpu Can anyone point us in the right direction as to what the problem may be He pretty much can t use his desktop because his card isn t working Any help would be appreciated Thank you nbsp

Relevancy 73.96%

Ok so I'm on a iPad just for this so any typos forgive me please
By the way it said something about drivers and stuff and dll files I reinstalled the graphics card driver completely and the card I switched to was 9800gt nvidia from a 6970 amd

Ok so my computer crashed with blue screen so I rebooted then later this day it crashed again so reboot again but this time it crashes before I can get into windows and stuff I switched my graphics card and it still crashes. Please help fast.

A:Blue screen graphics card can't even get to windows.

Please follow these instructions, and start a new thread in the BSOD forum...

Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/312040-blue-screen-graphics-card-cant-even-get-windows.html
Relevancy 73.96%

Ok I m pretty sure my new graphics card has been causing my computer to blue screen I originally had it recommended and installed by the Geek Squad at Best Buy The first thing I saw when I got home Blue Screen Didn t even boot to the login screen I bring it back they tinker around and it boots ok but I get periodic blue screens There s a very rare blue screen out of nowhere just blue screens Most often it blue screens right when it s Graphics Blue Screen Causing New Card supposed to show the login screen in the boot process This was while I had vista Now if I just kept booting windows normally after a few attempts it would succeed and would not blue screen A very big annoyance but New Graphics Card Causing Blue Screen ultimately I could use my computer in the end I upgraded to Windows Everything seemed to be working fine at first Then I installed ATI Catalyst Control Center and upgraded the various drivers Now it won t stop blue screening no matter how many times I boot it I m in safe mode now The listed files that it said help describe the issue for the Blue Screen are these Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users Alex AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml It also gave me this Additional information about the problem BCCode e BCP FFFFFFFFC BCP FFFFF BB F BCP FFFFF CB F BCP FFFFF CAB Now as I said I recently upgraded to Windows Custom Upgrade all old programs files gone but this has proven to be an issue with both Vista and These are my specs Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Professional bit Processor AMD Phenom tm Quad-Core Processor AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Radeon HD Series Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Gateway RS Rev U I m not used to posting this kinda thing so if I need to post other system specs let me know nbsp

A:New Graphics Card Causing Blue Screen

I honestly recommend just backup all your files to an external harddrive. and do a clean install of windows. Upgrades don't normally work all that well from what I have seen in IT.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-graphics-card-causing-blue-screen.992485/
Relevancy 73.53%

hi all my pc is regulaly crashing after i recently installed my geforece 6200 8x agp, when i go to play some games it crash's and takes me to the 'blue screen of death' i think its because i havnt disabled the onboard graphics, in the bios settings but i dont know how to.. i have looked all over the bios and cant seem to find it anywhere?. here is the link for motherbaord user manual.http://www.foxconnchannel.com/pdf/760GXK8MB-WINFAST-eng-V1.0.pdf

A:pc crashing after graphics card install. 'blue screen'

Did you uninstall the video drivers for your onboard graphics BEFORE installing the video card?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-crashing-after-graphics-card-install-blue-screen.40142/
Relevancy 73.53%

This has happened several times in the past few days. I fear my graphics card might need replacing? I've attached the error message below.

when i login to play games i can play for like 10mins then the screen goes black and the computer restarts, this doesn't happen all the time sometimes i can play for long time without the screen going black i dunno what happened

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 2057

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: a
BCP1: 0000000000000010
BCP2: 0000000000000002
BCP3: 0000000000000001
BCP4: FFFFF80003086F1F
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\102213-16848-01.dmp
C:\Users\JAMMILL\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-36332-0.sysdata.xml

A:Blue Screen - Graphics Card Possibly Related?

Post it following the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/309221-blue-screen-graphics-card-possibly-related.html
Relevancy 73.53%

This has happened several times in the past few days. I fear my graphics card might need replacing? I've attached the error message below.

I logged in to play World of Warcraft and after a explosion of lines and abnormal colors, the screen went blank and then a blue screen showed up. Upon restarting regularly, I had repeated blue screens. I'm running in Safe Mode now. Thanks for any help, it would be greatly appreciated!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Problem signature
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Files that help describe the problem
Mini032011-06.dmp
sysdata.xml
Version.txt

View a temporary copy of these files
Warning: If a virus or other security threat caused the problem, opening a copy of the files could harm your computer.

Extra information about the problem
BCCode: 116
BCP1: FFFFFA80096FA010
BCP2: FFFFFA600241A110
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: 0000000000000002
OS Version: 6_0_6002
Service Pack: 2_0
Product: 768_1

Please follow these instructions

BC116 is caused by a defective GPU/RAM or PSU
STOP 0x116: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR troubleshooting

Test RAM RAM - Test with Memtest86+
Do some stress tests with OCCT
OCCT (OverClock Checking Tool) 3.0.0 download from Guru3D.com

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/151724-blue-screen-graphics-card-possibly-related.html
Relevancy 73.53%

Hello all I really hope someone can help me with this problem since I have been spending already quite some time on this error So here a Blue after Graphics new installing after boot-up, Screen card is the deal A friend of mine has quite a mediocre computer and he decided that he Blue Screen after boot-up, after installing a new Graphics card wants to play Company of Heroes which is a game from I think As expected his old videocard wasnt good enough so Blue Screen after boot-up, after installing a new Graphics card I helped him find a good graphics card in order to play this game ad perhaps also others Its an older system so it has only a AGP slot So he bought a Sapphire HD AGP And because his old PSU didnt supply the power this card needs I looked for an better PSU which he bought as well But now comes the problem The old drivers were deleted by using some driver sweeper program After that new ATI drivers were installed but after this the system did not recognize the new videocard If Blue Screen after boot-up, after installing a new Graphics card I went to device manager the VGA onboard would be listed a screenadapter Apparantly this is something that happens to more people since ATI has a hotfix for this problem available which I downloaded and installed After the installation was complete a reboot was required which I of course did When rebooting I got the blue screen for a short moment just before one expects the windows log on screen to appear after which it immidiatly reboots This keeps on happening I am able to go in safemode If I go to device manager and turn the graphicscard off which is indeed recognized now I can reboot normally Ok guys now the question is of course have you any idea how to avoid this blue screen so that I can use this videocard Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Blue Screen after boot-up, after installing a new Graphics card

Nobody who has any suggestions?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blue-screen-after-boot-up-after-installing-a-new-graphics-card.1009555/
Relevancy 73.53%

I have been getting multiple blue screen errors and I am about 80% sure that it's the graphics cards. I get these blue screens at complete random. Random such as completely idle on desktop with nothing running, restarting computer, putting computer to sleep, shutting it down, while play a game, etc.

A few errors I can remember are stop errors:

-0x000000a
-0x00000019
-0x000000D1
-0x000000D7

And many more. I was told that it was most likely my graphics card driver, which it's not considering I'm using the computer with only my integrated graphics card now.

But how come when my graphics card is installed, my computer still crashes regardless of have my integrated graphics card?

A:Graphics Card Cause Multiple Blue Screen Errors?

Please refer to the instructions here
http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html
and post back once you've got that handled

This will allow us to put some reason to your 'randomness'

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/144851-graphics-card-cause-multiple-blue-screen-errors.html
Relevancy 73.53%

when i login to play games i can play for like 10mins then the screen goes black and the computer restarts, this doesn't happen all the time sometimes i can play for long time without the screen going black i dunno what happened

Problem signature:
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 2057

BCCode: a
BCP1: 0000000000000010
BCP2: 0000000000000002
BCP3: 0000000000000001
BCP4: FFFFF80003086F1F
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0

C:\Windows\Minidump\102213-16848-01.dmp
C:\Users\JAMMILL\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-36332-0.sysdata.xml

Post in BSOD Help and Support - Windows 7 Help Forums and read the BSOD posting instructions!

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/309219-blue-screen-graphics-card-possibly-related.html
Relevancy 72.67%

I have a Intel DG31PR Motherboard, and with a new Galaxy GeForce GT520 w/2048mb just installed into it I get the below mentioned error... but with out the card installed and using onboard video.. I get no error at all and it boots up just fine...

Can anyone help me with this error or know how to correct it.. please help...
thank you very much in advance..

****BLUE SCREEN ERROR MESSAGE****

The BIOS in this system is not fully ACPI compliant. Please contact your system vendor for an updated BIOS.
Technical information:
*** STOP: 0x0000000A5 (0x0000000000001000, 0x0000000000000000, 0x00000000FFFFFFFF, 0x0000000000002000)"

SYSTEM INFO:
7 ultimate 64bit
CPU: intel core 2 duo
E4700 @2.6ghz
Memory: 2gb x 2 dual channel
800mhz
H.D.Seagate sata 1ter.
450 watt PS

A:Blue screen ACPI error after installing a New Graphics Card plz HELP

Quote: Originally Posted by SdSteve760

I have a Intel DG31PR Motherboard, and with a new Galaxy GeForce GT520 w/2048mb just installed into it I get the below mentioned error... but with out the card installed and using onboard video.. I get no error at all and it boots up just fine...

The BIOS in this system is not fully ACPI compliant. Please contact your system vendor for an updated BIOS.
Technical information:
*** STOP: 0x0000000A5 (0x0000000000001000, 0x0000000000000000, 0x00000000FFFFFFFF, 0x0000000000002000)"

SYSTEM INFO:
7 ultimate 64bit
E4700 @2.6ghz
800mhz
H.D.Seagate sata 1ter.
450 watt PS

No DMP files included in upload please try this method

We do need the DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.

You may be able to get the DMP files without crashing by booting into safe mode (F8) with networking.

To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.

The procedure:

Quote:
* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
*If the files are too large please upload them to a file sharing service like "Rapidshare" and put a link to them in your reply.

To ensure minidumps are enabled:

Quote:
* Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
* Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
* Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
* Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
* Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
* OK your way out.
* Reboot if changes have been made.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/202844-blue-screen-acpi-error-after-installing-new-graphics-card-plz-help.html
Relevancy 72.67%

Problem signature:
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

BCCode: 117
BCP1: 87A80008
BCP2: 8DF2A8F2
BCP3: 00000000
BCP4: 00000000
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0

C:\Windows\Minidump\111810-13369-01.dmp
C:\Users\ESWAR\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-73195-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
Windows 7 Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt
graphic card isHD-R4350

my dump file is up loaded

PLEASE ANY ONE GIVE ME SOLUTION FOR THIS ERROR

A:Blue screen error because of graphics card driver problem

We will need the actual .dmp files for analysis.. Please follow these directions...

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/125946-blue-screen-error-because-graphics-card-driver-problem.html
Relevancy 72.67%

System is a cpl years old
OS INSTALLED ON NEW DRIVE 1 WEEK AGO

Technical information:

SYSTEM INFO:
7 ultimate 64bit
E4700 @2.6ghz
800mhz
H.D.Seagate sata 1ter.
450 watt PS

A:Blue screen ACPI error after installing a New Graphics Card plz HELP

Hi.

You dont have any minidumps in your uploaded folder.

Go to C:\Windows,find the folder with the name Minidump,in this folder find the most recent minidumps and copy paste them in desktop.Then in desktop zip this minidumps and upload them here using the attachment clip.

If the minidump folder is empty,you may need to enable minidumps by following these steps Dump Files - Configure Windows to Create on BSOD

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/203591-blue-screen-acpi-error-after-installing-new-graphics-card-plz-help.html
Relevancy 72.67%

<i>Posted via Mobile Device</i> alright, I posted in the games help secten for a fallout 3 crash fix, and as the rules said I checked if my graphics card drivers were up to date, so I insalled the latest ones and restarted... now every time I turn on my computer when it gets to the loading screen I get a blue screen and it restarts.&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Can anyone please help??

Relevancy 72.67%

For christmas this year i recieved a brand new ATI Radeon X1300 PRO, which i have just installed in my pc. It installed ok, and then i restarted the computer, and now every time i logon, and the ATI Catlyst program activates (makes the screen refresh) i get a blue screen of death stating that the file 'system32k.sys' has caused the problem.

I used to have a very similar problem when i used my onboard graphics before christmas, but this happened when i tried to play any games which use Direct x, and it would say that my graphics had 0MB memory, when it actually had 64MB.

Has anyone got any ideas???
Thanks
Aaron Trout

Relevancy 72.67%

my graphics stops responding then recovers but with a green screen, then gives a blue screen. im a bit of a noob so i could use some help and i dont know the error

A:graphics card crashes while playing bf4 gives green screen then blue

btw it is only bf4 that crashes

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/350948-graphics-card-crashes-while-playing-bf4-gives-green-screen-then-blue.html
Relevancy 72.67%

This is my build Gigabyte P DS C D E Saphire X Pro Gig Wintec RAM Maxtor G RPM HD WD GB RPM I used partition magic to partition off half of my Primary Maxtor HD used Linux ext then formatted my second HD to Linux Ext don t know why figured I would Install Linuxs on either the second partion of my primary HD or on my second HD so I formatted both when setup was done and reboot prompted I started getting these red dotted lines accross my entire screen I thought maybe it might have had something to do with me just overclocking my CPU and maybe something overheating but when I checked temperatures they are only at Celcius When I restarted in windows to try and troubeshoot the lines were then blue and my ATI control center said that the communication from my Graphics card was in error or something like that Based on the alerts from my graphics controller I think that it is the graphics card I just re-installed windows and the red dott rows are still there But when I changed my resolution from x to x only columns of red previously dots now verticle streaks Now if I reinstall the ATI driver there are red streaks all accross my screan and when my OS starts after a while of blacking on and Out-Red Blue screen accross Bugging & Card Graphics Streaks off the screen will stay black as if my PC is off so I have to reboot What has happened to my graphics card nbsp

A:Graphics Card Bugging Out-Red & Blue Streaks accross screen

You know what...i get the same problem as well. Still finding solutions though...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/graphics-card-bugging-out-red-blue-streaks-accross-screen.586259/
Relevancy 71.81%

Hi I have a HP Pavillion laptop model dv eu The graphics card is a Nvidia Geforce Go and I am having issues with it It appears the drivers have been corrupted I cannot boot into normal mode I keep getting vertical green lines in the background When i get to the login screen the famous blue screen appears which states the following Stop X Attempt to reset the device driver and recovery failed Collecting Card - issue! Screen! Windows problem Blue Graphics Vista crash dump Then the computer Windows Vista problem - Graphics Card issue! Blue Screen! restarts I then logged into Safe mode and the following message appeared Program Windows Vista problem - Graphics Card issue! Blue Screen! Signature Problem Bluescreen O S Version locale ID BCcode BCP D F BCP C BFB BCP BCP C Windows minidump - dmp C Users Dave AppData local temp WER- - sysdata xml C Users Dave AppData local temp WERBBCF tmp version txt I did some searching and i found code is related to the graphics chip I was advised to go to HP site and download the graphics drivers I downloaded the first version of the graphics card driver for my laptop and executed the file in safe mode I restarted the laptop and the greenlines were gone and i actually got to the login screen woo but then when i logged in the screen went blank for mins and nothing appeared I hit the power button to restart and the problem came back Sorry for profanity but I then went back and downloaded the latest graphics card drivers and same problem happens I then found out there is a new BIOS update i thought that may fix other problems that may be causing it I downloaded the exe file and try executing it using admin account in safe mode It said the following quot Make sure you have administrator privileges This service cannot be started in Safe Mode Error code quot The BIOS manufacturer is Phoenix Questions How can i flash the BIOS because i cant login into normal mode not safe mode How can I solve my graphics card issue As you know the graphics card is embedded on the motherboard Heres where i got the drivers from http h www hp com ewfrf wc s roduct Your help will much appreciate if anyone shed any light on this Than you in advance

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/windows-vista-problem-graphics-card-issue-blue-screen-412799.html
Relevancy 71.81%

Im pretty sure that my this is a problem with my graphics card. I would like a second opinion before I go forking out for a new one.

The other day I while playing a game a got a CTD error saying something along the lines of "nvlddkm has stopped responding but has recovered". Everything seemed fine after, but later on the computer froze up completely. When I restarted there was dotted vertical lines on the screen on the dell screen and the windows loading screen. Then I was greeted with the blue screen citing nvlddkm.sys as the problem.

I booted in safe mode and uninstalled the card, then reinstalled but Im still having the problem.

Some assistance would be greatly appreciated.

The card is a Nvidia 7900gs btw and Im running Vista 32bit btw

A:Nvidia Graphics Card Problem - nvlddkm.sys crash & blue screen

I'm not a tech guru, but if it does turn out to be a problem with the NVIDIA graphics card, do you know about the class action settlement related to many of their cards. Repair or replacement at NVIDIA's expense would help, yes? You can check to see if your computer is listed at http://www.nvidiasettlement.com/affectedmodels.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nvidia-graphics-card-problem-nvlddkm-sys-crash-blue-screen.976819/
Relevancy 70.09%

Hey guys my laptop s been acting up and I was hoping to get some advice on what to do I ll start by saying that I don t specks/lines pink, yellow problem Graphics - screen blue, on card green, know much about computers which will likely become clearer and clearer with the more you read of what follows so please bear with me Two days ago I started getting green and pink specks snow lines showing up on my laptop s screen and I have now graduated to blue and yellow specks lines as well My initial thought was that I could have a virus so I ran a virus scan to no avail I started poking around the internet looking for people w similar problems and saw some similar things but nothing that quite matched my problem I did however make a few observations that may or may Graphics card problem - pink, green, blue, yellow specks/lines on screen not be helpful that I have listed below -emailed a screenshot of the desktop to a friend who reported seeing the same green and pink specks on the image on his computer that I was seeing can post if it would be helpful -no problems seem to be present when I boot into BIOS memory -seems like there might be some relationship to the heat of the computer as the specks lines seemed to take longer to reappear after allowing the computer to cool off and then turning it on whereas normally the problem would be evident immediately when I turn the computer back on after shutting down -there is a definite relationship with the orientation of the computer tilted and location and degree of pressure on the case if I push down hard enough in the right spot on the case just below the arrow keys on the top of the case the problem resolves completely but I usually have to shift to another window or scroll down the page b c the specks lines are still on the screen or the text is blurry etc -there seems to be no relationship to the orientation of the screen my roommate knows more about computers than I do and seems to think it is definitely the graphics card and that this is a deteriorating problem that will only get worse Do you think there is any benefit to be had by opening up the case and adjusting something not sure what exactly as it seems like there may be something loose or not connected quite right that is possibly causing the problem relevant info about my computer -dell inspiron m bought in August so well out of warranty but was custom built with what I understood to be decent components at the time and the hard drive DVD-RW and case were replaced at various points along the way all under warranty but was never dropped etc -graphics card ATI Radeon MB I think based on what I ve searched online but is definitely MB let me know if you need any other info to help diagnose the problem sorry for the long post and thanks in advance for taking the time to help nbsp

A:Graphics card problem - pink, green, blue, yellow specks/lines on screen

Longer posts mean more information and that's ALWAYS a God-send to anyone trying to troubleshoot a problem. So no apologies are necessary.

As for your problem, I'm going to agree with your roomie. There is very little you can do to fix this. Right now, the state of your computer follows one of the following options:

1) The graphics card is dying from years of use, and may be sensitive to heat now that it has been in use for a while. Computer components follow the same rule as any other piece of equipment or appliance. They're made with planned obsolescence. Eventually, things die for no better reason than that's what the company wanted. Your graphics card is overheating and it's causing what are known as "artifacts". Whenever you see specks or lines appearing at random, that's your graphics card screwing up and outputting random things onto the screen.

2) The graphics card has come loose and needs to be reseated. I'm not entirely sure about this one, but it might be the case given that pressing down on the computer solved your issue. BUT! (and this is a big but) I have no idea if you would be able to access and reseat it. Nor do I know how one would go about doing that with a laptop graphics card. I've never seen what they look like, how they're installed, replaced, or whatever else. You also risk breaking MORE things by opening it and trying to screw around in it. If you felt like spending a bit of money, you could take it to a local computer repair shop and have them take a look at it and see if they can reseat the card for a minimal price tag. But most places overcharge and might not even fix it properly. And if option 1 is your issue, then no matter what you do it will still be broken.

Either option more or less spells a message of demise. You might want to consider buying another laptop and finding an external driver to move all of your important files to for the transition phase. After all, a laptop like that one you have is, unfortunately, in need of replacement after 5 long years. Even for a custom built laptop as good as that, 5 years is about as long as it could have lasted.

I feel bad to be the bearer of very bad news. And if it's any consolation, I'd be more than happy to have a look online and find you a laptop at a steal price.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-problem-pink-green-blue-yellow-specks-lines-on-screen.137498/
Relevancy 67.51%

I have an ati radeon hd 3650,

The fan started making a VERY loud ticking type of noise, it's driving me nuts. I tried cleaning it, no help.

Where could I get a new fan or do I need a new graphics card? If I do need, where can I buy one? Preferrably online.
I don't want to mess with the drivers so I want the same card...

Thanks in advance!

A:Graphics card's fan seems broken

http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=6624669&CatId=4027

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/graphics-cards-fan-seems-broken.1014726/
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi,

My sapphire x800 gto2 has just broken and therefore I need a new card (and quick, possibly ordering today). Willing to spend about 140 and seen this 2 cards which look similar if not better than my last one, any suggestions.

Sapphire connect3d x850xt - http://ebuyer.com/UK/product/84934/rb/22017247483
Nvidia 6800gs - http://ebuyer.com/UK/product/110664/rb/22017325332
Nvidia 7600gt - http://www.microdirect.co.uk/ProductInfo.aspx?ProductID=14753&GroupID=1264

Any other suggestion would be massive help, dont want to spend mroe than 140 though.

Cheers.

A:Graphics card broken, which of these is better?

If you budget is that high then look a Geforce 7900 series card.

The 7900GS is in that range and superior the the X850XT.

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/7900_Series.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/graphics-card-broken-which-of-these-is-better.504496/
Relevancy 67.51%

?????? ????.??????? Hp 4730s ?? ??? 7,??? ?????????? intel hd3000 ? amd 7470m,amd ?? ???????? ??????? ?? ???? ?? ????? ???????,????? ????????? ???? ???????????? ?????????? ?????? ??????? ? ????? ?????? ????? ? ???????? ????????.?????? ????? ?????????? ????? ????? ??? ???? ???????? ?? intel.?????????? ? ??? ?????????

Solved!
View Solution.

A:The Graphics Card Is Broken/Не работает видеокарта

Thank you for visiting our English HP Support Forum. We are only able to reply to posts written in English. To insure a quick response it would be advisable to post your question in English. The following links are here to assist you if you prefer to post in the following Language Forum.

German: HP Kundenforum
Spanish: Foro de usuarios de HP
French: Forum des utilisateurs
Portuguese: Frum dos usurios HP
Chinese: ??????????
Korean: HP ??????
Thank you for your understanding

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/The-Graphics-Card-Is-Broken-%D0%9D%D0%B5-%D1%80%D0%B0%D0%B1%D0%BE%D1%82%D0%B0%D0%B5%D1%82-%D0%B2%D0%B8%D0%B4%D0%B5%D0%BE%D0%BA%D0%B0%D1%80%D1%82%D0%B0/td-p/5809401
Relevancy 67.51%

Hey guys, just got a quick question

Is a broken graphics card enough to make a computer turn itself off right after being turned on with no other hardware interaction?

A:Broken Graphics Card

It's possible. Yes. Depends on the nature of the malfunction.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/51330-broken-graphics-card.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Hey guys I'm in a pretty bad situation right now. My graphics card has died on the computer I share with my brother. It seems to work fine until I run a game that uses graphics. I've tried plugging it out, and plugging it back in and cleaning the dust, updating graphics driver, etc but it's not working out.

http://i.imgur.com/WfZzrk9.png

or

it will just freeze and little random objects pop up on the screen and the monitor dies (but the computer is still running).

Thank you so much to whoever that can help me fix this

my graphics card is NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 2 GB GDDR5 PCI Express 3.0
motherboard = MSI Z87-G45 ATX Pro Gaming Motherboard (SLI Support)

A:graphics card broken please help

What brand card and can you RMA it? Does it it work in safemode? You should get furmark and see what it says your temps are when running the basic test. Sounds like your card needs whats called reflowed. You only want to attempt this if you have no other options as it requires you to take off the heatsink and bake your card.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reflow_soldering
Save a Dying Video Card with a Quick Bake in the Oven

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/383090-graphics-card-broken-please-help.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi for about 2 weeks ago i replaced my cpu fan with a salman for better cooling so i had to unplug my grafic card so nothing would happen to it and now when i plugged it in again my monitor is all black and the fan on the card goes on 100% or something like that. im using a ati 1550 now so i can get a vision on the monitor. please help me

Best reguards Alex

A:Broken graphics card?

try uninstalling current driver, installing the card, and botting up. if it works install the most recent driver.

other than that i don't see why a new cpu fan would disturb how your gfx card operates. post ur computer specs to us.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/broken-graphics-card.153341/
Relevancy 67.51%

Hey guys Im having some serious card graphics Broken issues with my graphic card and i was hoping that someone would be able to help me out a bit years ago I bought a gaming pc with the following specs see below I sent in my pc for repairs once but i got blown off saying it was fine and i had to pay shitloads of money to get it Broken graphics card back Problems are back and im clueless I have worked with fixing pc s myself and I know what the problem is but how can i prove this for the techs that work wher ei bought my pc Up till a few month ago it ran everything smoothly I played games like wow spore and black and white and didnt have any problems Lately however i played Aion Black and white and Skyrim and my graphic card drivers keeps crashing when im gaming It have happend times in minutes at the worst and that s just when you stand still doing nothing I have tried everything when it comes to the drivers and the only thing left is that the card simply is broken I have not overclocked my pc in any way however i do have some issues with my USB ports but I m pretty sure its not relevant I have a Logitech g keyboard and just about a month ago i had my first one replaced because Broken graphics card it started to fall out and lose power I said to the techs when i sent in my pc that i had issues with it but they seemed very sure that they were fine Day of having the new keyboard the same sh t starts over and it will have a nerd-rage now and then so i have to reboot my pc for it to work The rest of my usb ports has the same thing and my units keeps falling out as they please but hey working as intended So i can either continue to pester the people i bought my pc from or i can just buy a new graphic card i ve been looking at a gtx but noticed it has that new GDDR SDRAM Would this matter when my mother board is ddr I havent been reading up on such things lately so im having my doubts there Anyways thanks for reading this I quot hope quot someone have had similar experiences and can come with some advice Intel Core i - Processor ghz ASUS P P D PRO P Socket- Kingston ValueR DDR MHz GB XFX GeForce GTX M MB PhysX nbsp

A:Broken graphics card

What PSU, brand and wattage does the system have?
Having power issues via USB and graphics card issues with higher power consumption/newer more graphically intensive games would have me wondering if there is an issue with it.

There is no issue with DDR3/GDDR5 compatibility. The video memory mounted on the graphics card is accessed via the PCI-E bus that the graphics card is connected to the motherboard with. It doesn't rely on the memory controllers/chipset of the motherboard. Only the system memory (Kingston ValueR. DDR3 1333MHz 4GB) in the motherboard memory slots needs to be DDR3.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/broken-graphics-card.173761/
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi guys,

I recently got home from a 2 week holiday, powered my pc on...everything was fine. However the next day my monitors both have no signal (I have a dual split screen setup). The PC seems to be working fine, I can hear the Windows startup chime but no signal to either screen, no bios or anything. Monitors just blinking with no signal. Is my GPU broken? It was a top of the line Radeon GPU a couple years ago. I would like to hear your opinions before I splash the cash on another high end GPU.

Cheers

A:Is my graphics card broken?

First things to check are the cable connections - reseat them and see if there is a change. Other possibility is bad cables, but unlikely both would fail at the same time. Reseat the card, try in different PCIe slot, make sure it's getting adequate power.

Is the card still under warranty? Depending on the manufacturer you might catch a break and have had like a 3 year warranty.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-my-graphics-card-broken.184480/
Relevancy 67.51%

Not long before christmas i bought a sapphire radeon 9600xt from Novatech.co.uk. When i fitted the card and booted the computer, the graphics were corrupted, the white text was a bit mangled and the windows logo had green lines through it. After i logged on, the pc looked fine, but whenever i install the drivers most of windows is all purple and glitchy looking, and games are unplayable because the entire screen is covered in purple artifacts. Is this card broken or is there some sort of problem with my system?

My system specs are:
athlonxp 2400+
FIC am39l motherboard
Geforce FX5700le (current graphics card)
Sound Blaster Live! 24-bit edition
512MB RAM

Relevancy 67.51%

So I bought myself a new case the other day but when I was done putting in my graphics card, I booted my PC but I didnt get an signal and I have'nt done nothing wrong.

I have nVidia geforce gtx 550 Ti

A:Graphics card broken

Did you connect the 6 pin PCI-E connector from the PSU to the GPU card? Have you tried to remove the GPU and re-seat it?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-broken.208307/
Relevancy 67.51%

Hello there. My computers been acting up, slowing down and such, for a good couple months. However for the past couple days its been shutting down on me after 10 minutes (tops) of being powered on. I think its the graphics card.

I have an ATI Radeon (a newer one, only a couple months older than my computer issues) and i just logged on to my computer and figured i'd look at the control center. I had overdrive on and so i shut that off, hoping it would help the tempurature, and no, to my disdane i watched as the graphics card tempurature skyrocketed from 70 c to over 110c and eventually the computer just shut off (not long after)

Can anyone help me out? Is there a driver i could get or something to prevent this overheating?
Any help will be greatly appreciated, thank you!

A:Broken Graphics card?

Make sure the fan on the card is actually running.
Make sure your power supply has enough power
to run the card and the rest of the components
in the computer.
Make sure there is adequate cooling in the case.

Might try ATI tool to setup a fan profile and increase the fan speed.
Many cards ship with the fan speed set low.
http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/Tweaking/ATITool/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/broken-graphics-card.855764/
Relevancy 67.51%

Hello Techspot Yesterday my friend sent me a link to a photo on MSN which was actually a virus Its one of those messenger bug things that sends itself to other people Although through research many people Is Card Graphics Broken? my said it was harmless and following the virus removal steps on this site I downloaded Malware bytes who promptly found and deleted the infected files Anyway recently my display has been acting up Its been freezing games projecting empty pixels over my screen and just generally being broken My Graphics card is years old GT Is my Graphics Card Broken? and heavily used i m wondering if it s finally given up or if that virus I got has upset it or if something else is at fault I have just recently downloaded all new graphics drivers but that has not done anything So the question is How can I tell if its my a physical problem with my graphics card or something more sinister software related Thank You NZvista PS Have been getting Windows errors such as quot Video Hardware Error quot Problem Event Name LiveKernelEvent OS Version Locale ID BCCode BCP C BCP FF C BCP BCP OS Version Service Pack Product EDIT One of the major things that happens is I get a yellow error triangle bottom right in the task bar which was a pop up saying A problem with your video hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly And then goes on to say its successfully restarted nbsp

A:Is my Graphics Card Broken?

Bump,

Neeeeeeeed help. I reformatted my computer and its still playing up. The 3d games get coloured squares all through them, im so lost as to what to do.

Thankyou

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-my-graphics-card-broken.139915/
Relevancy 66.65%

For the past few days loading any 3d programs resulted in a freezing of the screen for 30 seconds or so. Lately, this has been replaced by very big graphics glitches forcing a restart. The last time, on boot, the screen had 6 green dashed lines. ( I think meaning fried video ram or something)

It did not want to go to to XP unless booted in safe mode.

Borrowed a friends old X1300 and it works. So definately a graphics card problem

Spec: P5K-E Wifi/ap
Asus 8800GTS 320MB
Intel C2D stock at 2.66 OCed to 3.5
2GB GeiL ram
NZXT lexa case

Just wondering what could have caused it.

Will probably replace with a 4850 but dont want it to happen again

Thanks!

A:Graphics card broken- what may have caused it?

Could be a number of things. Could be heat, could be lack of power, could be overclocking, could be an internal failure of the card - electronics like everything else will fail at some point.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/graphics-card-broken-what-may-have-caused-it.774603/
Relevancy 66.65%

Alright so I got an Aspire M since One day it suddenly card Graphics or slot? the is broken it wouldn t start up Beeping noises are heard from the CPU long short After a bit of research it seems Graphics card broken or is it the slot? that the computer could not detect the graphic card which results in it not starting up So I reinserted the graphic card Failed Did it again Failed Repeated for hour Still hearing long short beeps Then after a few maybe hours I tried again reinserting the graphics driver connecting the monitor cable and turned it on It worked Graphics card broken or is it the slot? I didn t know what happened but it worked After Graphics card broken or is it the slot? I was done using the computer I turned it off The next day today the problem came back Reinserted plugged monitor cable turned on and it works Now I don t know whether its the graphic card or the slot Wonder if replacing it will work I m afraid that if I turn off the PC the problem will return Any help would be appreciated I never opened the CPU since for cleaning nbsp

A:Graphics card broken or is it the slot?

Hey Falconet. I think I would be far more likely that the graphic card is flaky since in your research the beeps point to the graphics card. If the slot were damaged, chances are you wouldn't get it to work at all, and since it worked one day and not the next, and since the slot itself won't break on it's own, I would suspect the card first. It wouldn't hurt to check both connection points of the cable the next time, although the beeps indicate the card's operation itself as not being right.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-broken-or-is-it-the-slot.189593/
Relevancy 66.65%

I bought a Nvidia Geforce gt some time ago and it ran perfectly for Broken Graphics Suddenly Card over a year with no problems until just recently it garbles all graphics when I use it I switched back to my integrated graphics card and my computer runs fine tried installing all the new drivers for it and remove reinsert it to find no difference I lost my receipt and box disk that my graphics card came with so this is my last resort before having to buy a new one I am running Windows Xp and I m using is a PCI-Express slot for my graphics card The Graphics Card Suddenly Broken exact things I see when I restart my computer are Gateway Logo no garbled graphics - gt red lines all over my screen - gt black screen and hearing the windows start up Graphics Card Suddenly Broken sound Using the nvidia card I can get into safe mode but the screen choosing safe mode is a series of garbled symbols When in safe mode i can browse my computer fine but the red lines are still in the background Any help is greatly appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 66.65%

Last night my monitor suddenly started to make strange images, so i thought the CPU had overheated thus opened it and let it cool down for a few minutes (yes, it was pretty hot when I opened it). After a new run, the problem persisted. So I let it stay for the night, and this morning when I turned the PC on still the same problem. So I take out the graphics card to have a look at it and find this:

http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/9853/dscn0731r.jpg
http://img200.imageshack.us/img200/5653/dscn0732m.jpg

3 of the 10 silver thingies have popped out. I assume the graphics card belongs to the trash now, but just wanted to check with some pro people?

A:Graphics card, is it broken forever?

Yes that does look pretty broken to be honest.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/graphics-card-is-it-broken-forever.850528/
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi I recently received a ATI Radeon XT Graphics Radeon ATI (and broken HOT! 9800 Graphics fan) Card XT Card from a friend because he no longer needed it I freshly installed it into my computer and installed that software provided with ATI Radeon 9800 XT Graphics Card HOT! (and broken fan) it I notice the fan was making alot of noise although it was still running fine just noisy like the bearing was bad I shut down the computer and unplugged power cords When i go to take the graphics card ATI Radeon 9800 XT Graphics Card HOT! (and broken fan) out it is very hot all over the card and at first it was even hard to touch the card This was after running the card for - hours So once it cools down I disassemble the fan and give the bearing a little grease job and clean the dust and debris off the fan etc I put the back motor piece of the fan back on and then I try to take it off again and the metal peg that is attached to just the fan breaks and detaches from the fan Is there a website or store that sells just the replacement fan for this graphics card or an alternative I also wanted to know why the graphics card is running so hot Thank you nbsp

A:ATI Radeon 9800 XT Graphics Card HOT! (and broken fan)

I would cuss out your friend if he/she didn't tell you it was a defective card
to begin with.
its running hot because the heatsink on the video card has quite working.

about fixing it. look at the back of the card and see if you can see any
heat damage to the circuit board. if so---ITS toast.

if you can find a new heatsink and fan for your video card.
I wouldn't reliy on the card to last a long time.
your friend probably ran it for awhile with it making noises,
so this shortened the life expectancy of the card.

RUNNING 6 HOURS WITH IT SO HOT IT BURN YOUR HAND PROABLY
DIDN'T DO YOUR MOTHERBOARD ANY GOOD EITHER!!!!!!!!!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ati-radeon-9800-xt-graphics-card-hot-and-broken-fan.710303/
Relevancy 66.22%

Hey Usually I can find an answer to my problems by looking through forums This is the first wierd. ports VERY Card? Broken Graphics on time I have had to use them SORRY for the Broken ports on Graphics Card? VERY wierd. long post Its complicated Here is an introduction to my obscure pc About a year ago my power supply blew up and I couldn t afford a new one Broken ports on Graphics Card? VERY wierd. so I used two old ones I had wasn t enough power and wired them together and got my computer working I just have to press two switches to turn it on Yes I know and I m getting a new psu in two weeks Recently My screen wouldn t turn on when I turned on the psus after months at Broken ports on Graphics Card? VERY wierd. least of no problems but a few restarts fixed it Here is my problem I was playing oblivion with several like user-made mods All worked fine occasionally my pc would crash after half and hour to an hour of playing with a quick glimpse of a blue screen with white writing could have been bsod not too sure But I figured its my cpu or ram getting overloaded cos I am using high res texture packs A few days ago I went into a shop that I hadn t entered before and the screen got the purple textures and blocky trash everywhere im used to seeing it and the screen went completely red and then black I could still walk around and hear me interacting with stuff So i restarted and the screen wouldn t show anything Eventually I heard the windows startup sound and the graphics card was hot like it was still working Eventually just for fun I switched the monitor cord to the other DVI port It worked Now here s the funny part I decided to try and break it again So I loaded oblivion and went into the same save game and the same thing happened Now I can t get a picture at all I am borrowing someone elses gfx card at the moment I have tried everything Even a seperate power supply for the card BUT the card still gets hot and the pc still starts windows as if its working fine It appears to me like it is the DVI ports on the card that got broken who knows how software can do that I still havn t tried the extra tv-out port cos I don t have a tv with component-in to use Help I have tried everything I can think of EXCEPT putting my card in someone else s pc even took apart the card and cleaned the dust out I just don t have a spare pc with pci-e right now til next week sometime It has me totally stumped which is a first I have faith in you Thanks EDIT I tried putting my gfx card in my second pci slot while using the borrowed one in the first to see if I could diagnose the problem that way I went into device manager and it said quot Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems Code quot Problems How specific I don t know what rd party tools to use and the ones I have tried don t see it dxdiag doesn t see it either This is a massive post sorry again PC Specs AMD Athlon Ghz GB Ram GeForce GTS mb nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/broken-ports-on-graphics-card-very-wierd.901726/
Relevancy 66.22%

Here s my situation I have had this rig for about years so it s not unlikely the card is fried but here sure how card possibly check to not broken, Graphics s my dilemma I just reinstalled windows so I could play Star Wars The old republic Everything was working fine until today Graphics card possibly broken, not sure how to check I logged in and suddenly when playing the game became unplayable due to low fps I was playing very smoothly on max settings before this for a week System specs are WIndows ultimate Radeon HD GB Corsair DDR Abit I Pro MB GB HDD Even on the game when I put it to lowest settings it doesn t increase the FPS How can I test it to find out what the problem is or even to find out if it s broken I plan to reinstall windows as a last resort I also did a stress test on Counter Strike Source not long ago and got FPS on everything maxed so I m going to try that again and see what my results are I got an average of FPS on furmark with full screen which gave me an overall score of The website scores my card way above that so I m not sure what to do I have updated drivers Thanks nbsp

A:Graphics card possibly broken, not sure how to check

With that many miles on it, I would just change out now... you will quickly see that nothing lasts for ever.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-possibly-broken-not-sure-how-to-check.174918/
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi everyone I recently installed the NVidia system tools package on my main machine System Tools unlocks the performance tab in the NVidia control panel - useful for me as I could then manually change graphics card fan speeds to slash C off of my PC s temperature The only setting I changed was the fan speed - but after less than a week my graphics card started having problems Twice the computer screen went totally black - music etc was still running in the background but I couldn t see anything Then today it died The Graphics drivers to due broken, possibly Solved: card computer screen doesn t display anything and with the help of some POST beeps I ve isolated the problem to be definitely with the card However as this happened less than a week after installing new graphics drivers Solved: Graphics card broken, possibly due to drivers with the system tools stuff I reckon the drivers could be the cause of the problem So before splashing out on a new card is there a way that I could remove the graphics drivers to see if that makes the card cooperate The catch is that I may have to do it without the OS as I can t see a thing I ve troubleshooted everything else possible with the GPU and Solved: Graphics card broken, possibly due to drivers haven t found a fix I m experienced with computers and very experienced at fixing this one the processor is now the only component not to have Solved: Graphics card broken, possibly due to drivers broken on the computer in years Yes that does mean that I even had to replace fans I haven t had much luck nor has my wallet The GPU is an NVidia GTS I ve never had any problems with it until now Thanks in advance nbsp

Relevancy 65.36%

I have a Radeon HD windows bit I have been experiencing a crash in the game Minecraft when I play with the 'fancy' graphics Tried now card opengl is driver, broken graphics update to setting I wanted to try to fix this and someone suggested I update my graphics card driver I went to the site for downloading Radeon standalone drivers and downloaded the installer quot - vista win dd exe quot and ran the Tried to update graphics card driver, now opengl is broken installer It blue-screened halfway through and my computer rebooted The display driver was borked so I tried downloading the full Catalyst installer next quot - vista win dd ccc ocl exe quot and ran that exe It extracted to my C drive but never continued the installation SO I navigated to the folder on C that it had extracted to and tried running quot Setup exe quot there I got this Error quot C ATI Support - vista win dd ccc ocl Setup exe has failed to start because its side-by-side configuration is incorrect quot So then Tried to update graphics card driver, now opengl is broken I followed the instructions to completely remove the ATI drivers and restarted but the Setup exe in the exe installer still didn't run still gave the same quot Tried to update graphics card driver, now opengl is broken side-by-side quot configuration error I emailed AMD's tech support they just said quot use the old drivers maybe there will be a new driver next week quot REAL helpful so I dug out my old graphics card instal cd and ran the old installer Which worked EXCEPT now when I try to run Minecraft it says it can't quot find an Opengl accelerated card quot or something So reverting to the old driver works except for Opengl which I need to play Minecraft which was the whole point of running the updater in the first place TL DR So basically I tried to update my driver and it completely broke Opengl Any ideas on what I can do to get OpenGL working again I tried titaniumgl tk it mangled Minecrafts graphics into garbage so that doesn't work I can't even try to run the ATI installer again because it always says quot side-by-side configuration quot error Any advice on what I can do

A:Tried to update graphics card driver, now opengl is broken

You can try removing the drivers by booting up in safe mode and running Driver Sweeper to remove the AMD graphics drivers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/169923-tried-update-graphics-card-driver-now-opengl-broken.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Hi - here are my PC details Following and PC Audio Graphics card Broken Crash Issues PC was purchased from PC World in Jan Advent T SYSTEM MODEL DIXONSXP MS- Enclosure Type Desktop Processor Type Pentium gigahertz Intel Core Duo kilobyte primary memory cache kilobyte secondary memory cache Operating System Windows XP Media Center Edition Service Pack build Main Circuit Board Board MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO LTD MS- Bus Clock megahertz BIOS Phoenix Technologies LTD PG Memory Modules Megabytes Installed Memory Audio Issues Following Broken Graphics card and PC Crash Slot 'A ' has MB Slot 'A ' has MB Local Drive Volumes c NTFS on drive GB GB free Display NVIDIA GeForce GT Display adapter Samsung SyncMaster Monitor quot vis s n H XQ January Multimedia ASUSTeK Virtual Audio Issues Following Broken Graphics card and PC Crash Capture Device VIA High Definition Audio - VIA VT UAA Other Devices Asus Video D Device Standard -Key or Microsoft Audio Issues Following Broken Graphics card and PC Crash Natural PS Keyboard PS Compatible Mouse USB Mass Storage Device USB Root Hub x RAM Memory GB DDR RAM Hard Disk Capacity GB Optical Drive Multi-Format Dual layer DVD Re-Writer Drive Plug In removable No Sound Card Channel Onboard Graphics Memory mb Graphics Description ATI Radeon X SE -in- Media Card Reader USB Connections quot AL TFT Monitor quot Samsung SyncMaster BW LCD Monitor A couple of days ago I was gaming on my PC when both of my monitor screens froze At the time I was also using Ventrilo Chat and this just kept repeating the last secs of someones comment who i was talking to I could do nothing with the PC and had to hold down the main power button on the front of the base unit to turn off I tried to turn on again and could hear the system booting up beeps etc and fan going and could see power was going to the unit However I had no views on either of my two screens To turn off I had to press the power button again - I knew the system had booted because the system did not turn straight away on the pressing of the button I then began my investigation - I tried to change my monitors around on the back ports of the graphics card to see if that made a difference but it didn't I focused my attention on the graphics card because I didn't have any screens I disconnected my VGA lead from the graphics card and attached it to the onboard graphics port that had a screwed cover on The monitor had a screen and I was back online This told me there was an issue with my original graphics card - ATI Radeon X SE I purchased a new graphics card installed the drivers from the manufacturers disc and plugged it in - NVIDIA GeForce GT Both my screens were up and running and I had resolved the issue However now I had no sound I researched on google and checked the following things Checked my speakers - Unplugged and plugged back in Made sure the connections were in the right place and not damaged Made sure they were plugged in and there was power Checked my speakers were on and had power to them Checked the volume control and that they were not muted Checked in Device Manager that there weren't any issues i e exclamation marks next to the devices All seemed fine but I couldn't hear any sounds I went into the accessories gt entertainment section and tried recording a sound I could see it recording waves but when i played back I could not hear anything I tried to play music in Winamp but no sound even though the play time was rolling I have spent around three hours on this today and whilst googling the issues I finally came across a post on this website where somebody had the same PC and same issues but they had gone down a different path of power supply connections etc http www techsupportforum com micr t-problem html I am sure they had the same issues but there was no finish to the post and I am hoping somebody can help me I am thinking I might need to update my audio drivers but am a bit lost as to where I would get them and how I know which ones are correct... Read more

A:Audio Issues Following Broken Graphics card and PC Crash

What does Device Manager show under Sound, video and game controllers?

In should show your actual sound card. Example: SoundMAX Integrated Digital HD Audio Driver

If it shows the generic Windows compatible device, your correct sound card drivers are NOT installed.

Windows will install generic drivers for cards/chipsets it recognizes, and New Hardware Wizard nor Update drivers work because Windows does not see "new" hardware.

For sound cards, you likely need to run an actual setup from the CD for your PC (for on-board sound card) or the CD that came with your PCI sound card. This will install both drivers and supporting control utilities.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/audio-issues-following-broken-graphics-card-and-pc-crash-273994.html
Relevancy 61.92%

I get this broken text blue screen everytime I attempt to start windows normally Occasionally it would work but for no more than a few minutes then the graphics on Broken [SOLVED] screen text blue screen would discolor and distort and then freeze I am still able to understand it and it suggests a driver or video adapter issue Everything seemed to be working fine in safe mode Foolishly I attempted one more recovery and now I can't get it to start normally and a message says windows cannot complete installation in safe mode Since everything has checked out ok and I have even tried a new HD only to get the same problem I [SOLVED] Broken text blue screen do think it is a video card or driver issue Any way for me to get windows fully installed and still go through safe mode I would like to try to disable or update a few drivers before I try a new video card Any help would be gretly appreciated thanks

A:[SOLVED] Broken text blue screen

Hi and welcome to TSF please post the full make and model of your computer,in the meantime try tapping F2 on boot to access your bios then change the boot order to cd\dvd as first boot device then try running a restore or repair from your install or recovery disc let us know how it goes

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/solved-broken-text-blue-screen-431486.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Recently I noticed that my resolution was maxed at and i couldnt go any higher than disabled cant blank screen graphics now and Solved: accidently card, card re-enable that and in all of my frustration and attempts to figure out why this was occuring i managed to disable my graphics card and now upon startup everything seems fine while the windows XP logo loading page is up then when the blue screen should Solved: accidently disabled graphics card, now blank screen and cant re-enable card appear and the desktop all i get is a blank screen It seems like the comp is startin properly just that i have no graphics Ive tried to go into safe mode but while it begins to Solved: accidently disabled graphics card, now blank screen and cant re-enable card load it then stops at agp sys which i then disabled in the recovery console but then it just stops at the Solved: accidently disabled graphics card, now blank screen and cant re-enable card previous process and so on Does anyone know how I can re-enable my graphics card or fix this problem about not being able to get into safe mode I cant find anywhere in BIOS where I can re-enable it I ve also taken out the mobo batt and reset CMOS settings but still no go Any help would be hugely appreciated nbsp

A:Solved: accidently disabled graphics card, now blank screen and cant re-enable card

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-accidently-disabled-graphics-card-now-blank-screen-and-cant-re-enable-card.598471/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi, I am running a laptop with nvidia optimus, using an intergrated card and a 310m geforce. I was using my computer as usual, when it blue screened on me, then rebooted. Afterwards, my resolution was messed up, and the computer no longer dectected the 310m! I have tried reinstalling some drivers, but they do not detect the card. I know the card is there, as I have used it previously.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/388951/blue-screened-then-no-graphics-card-laptop/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hello
I have recently bought Toshiba Satellite A500 - 19X (windows 7, 64 bit) and the graphics card is NVIDIA GeForce G 210M
the laptop suddently freezes and then a bluescreen appears with error message, dumping physical memroy and nvlddmkm.sys
i searched and as i understood that the graphics card driver is incompatible with w7!!!! (the current driver version is 8.15.11.8642)
i downloaded the driver from toshiba and tried installing it, but it gives me error message (not compatible woth 32 bit, although my laptop is 64bit!!!!)
can anyone help me with this ASAP as it is really irritating??

Relevancy 58.91%

Okay, so I accidentally pressed CTRL+ALT+Down Arrow & my screen resolution went crazy! So I turned the resolution back, but then all of a sudden, I'm getting this error message:

I have no idea what happened, one moment it was fine and then this! And then, when my screensaver came on, it now says:

"The screensaver can't run because it requires a newer video card or one that's compatible with Direct3D".

What in the world happened? I have a Dell Inspiron 1525 laptop, running Windows Vista Home Premium. Please help, I have no idea what caused this! :-(

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-my-graphics-card-stopped-working-out-of-the-blue.864097/
Relevancy 58.91%

i built my pc in dec it s setup was nForce i evga GTX E gig of ddr geil ram and gb wd hd oh and a galaxy w psu i took my pc apart the other day Screen signal (broken wont receive pc card??) from Graphicscs in order to fit the I O cover that Screen wont receive signal from pc (broken Graphicscs card??) i lost when i first built it everything went okay - no problems fitting anything back together first startup was normal but the pc only lasted mins in windows before rebooting itself i had a look Screen wont receive signal from pc (broken Graphicscs card??) inside and checked everything was in properly it was from what i could tell so i started it up again and Screen wont receive signal from pc (broken Graphicscs card??) the screen wouldn t come on no bios nothing and i swore i smelt burning from inside the pc not good switched everything off and found it was the hard drive it was smoking from the power-in socket i used my old hard drive to see what would happen as it was of no use to me everything started up fine all fans working but the screen wasn t receiving signal i am now stuck with no pc regretting installing the I O cover to the back of the mobo any help would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Screen wont receive signal from pc (broken Graphicscs card??)

you may need a new PSU.

check with a multi-meter and tester tool first.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/screen-wont-receive-signal-from-pc-broken-graphicscs-card.97637/
Relevancy 58.05%

I have had this pc for almost 3 years now. This issue has been occurring from early use. I have had to disable my graphics card to have basic use of my computer. It just about manages to handle audio recording but i need to edit some videos as part of my work and its impossible without some form of graphics card.

I have attached the relevant zip as detailed in the link. Any help would be much appreciated

I have tried driver updates/rollbacks, unplugging the card and checking everything looks ok etc. So not a lot really. Cheers

Paul

A:Graphics card disabled due to continuous blue screens

Quote: Originally Posted by macariffic

I have had this pc for almost 3 years now. This issue has been occurring from early use. I have had to disable my graphics card to have basic use of my computer. It just about manages to handle audio recording but i need to edit some videos as part of my work and its impossible without some form of graphics card.

I have attached the relevant zip as detailed in the link. Any help would be much appreciated

I have tried driver updates/rollbacks, unplugging the card and checking everything looks ok etc. So not a lot really. Cheers

Paul

Hello Paul!

The dump files are 2 months old of no use. We need latest ones to identify the problem. Clear the Minidump folder under C:\Windows. Wait for the system to crash. If your positive it's the display card then run few stress test to determine the stability.

The display driver date I see is pretty old i.e. from 2010. Try to do a complete Driver Cleanup. Here is a tutorial nVidia Driver Cleanup Guide | Captain Debugger

Check this article STOP 0x116: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR troubleshooting there are few stress tests.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/243471-graphics-card-disabled-due-continuous-blue-screens.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi I play CS GO on the computer pretty often and the computer I use wouldn't necessarily be called a reliable or good Card blue and Graphics screens reso Nvidia changes problem, computer for that matter But Recently yesterday I was playing and then randomly my computer started having screen tears and then it eventually blue screened I let it do Nvidia Graphics Card problem, blue screens and reso changes it's thing but during the reboot the resolution had been changed black bars on top bottom and both sides and there were a bunch of random zig zag lines on the screen My normal resolution is x and now since the crash yesterday I can't change it any higher Nvidia Graphics Card problem, blue screens and reso changes than x I've tried updating my drivers and nothing has changed it A friend told me to try and open Nvidia Control Nvidia Graphics Card problem, blue screens and reso changes Panel and it says something along the lines of quot Nvidia display settings are not available - There is no display currently connected to an Nvidia GPU quot I have no idea what that means as I am by no means a computer wiz Graphics Card - NVIDIA GeForce GTX Thanks in advance guys

A:Nvidia Graphics Card problem, blue screens and reso changes

Hi, Welcome to Seven forums.

Get DriverSweeper first and the latest available drivers for the GPU. Uninstall the drivers and run the sweeper. This will remove the left overs of the old drivers. After this, install the latest drivers for the GPU now. It will be like fresh install of the drivers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/326344-nvidia-graphics-card-problem-blue-screens-reso-changes.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hello,

I started getting blue screens when I opened commonly played games. I am not sure what could have caused it because I did not change anything about my system.

I saved the log files here:

http://www.huskyfur.com/blue_screen/072812-19656-01.dmp
http://www.huskyfur.com/blue_screen/...ics_Driver.txt
http://www.huskyfur.com/blue_screen/...-0.sysdata.xml

My laptop is not listed to the left in the cool slider so here is what its made of:

http://cdgenp01.csd.toshiba.com/cont...200-ST2061.pdf

I have the 4GB ram option
My graphics card is the ATI Mobility Radeon 2600 - 256MB
The CPU is Intel Centrino Duo 2.20Ghz
The operating system is Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit

PS: I have tried numerous of drivers from AMD but none of them work right, nore does the driver from windows "search for drivers online" fix the issue, as well as the driver from the Toshiba website.

A:[SOLVED] I started getting blue screens relating to my graphics card.

Follow the instructions here> http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ta-452654.html
Lets see if the BSOD dump file(s) can tell us whats going on.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/solved-i-started-getting-blue-screens-relating-to-my-graphics-card-657841.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi
recently built myself a new pc. Went for the i7 3770k with built in graphics
also went for the gigabyte Z77X-UD5H motherboard.

My problem is when ever I try and install either the graphics drivers off of the disc or the intel website, they install fine but then the PC will restart work for about 10 seconds, then application will open with errors and rubbish and then it bluescreens

only way I can get it to work again is go in to safe mode and uninstall the driver.

Whats causing this and how can I get around it?

Spud

A:ivy bridge i7 graphics blue screen

What is the STOP or ERROR code on the BSOD?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ivy-bridge-i7-graphics-blue-screen.1084041/
Relevancy 56.76%

It appears that my Geforce GTX Ti is causing my shortly might Graphics Computer card boot. cause. be Blue screens afte computer to shut itself down at least I think it Computer Blue screens shortly afte boot. Graphics card might be cause. is What happens is that I boot up my PC and it gets to the desktop normally and continues to work normally for about a minute two if im lucky and then my screens I have two go black It still has power but appears to have completely crashed the fans still spin and the graphics card fan in particular goes into overdrive becoming very loud If I reboot I get enough time to check the action center which told me I had a power management driver problem and needed to install new drivers I had enough time to do that between two reboots for download for install and succesfully installed new asus PSU drivers Then the problem just kept happening as it had and action center eventually told me that my quot Nvidia graphics driver has stopped working times s quot The action center was unable to find a solution and trying to download new drivers doesnt work because I get maybe halfway through downloading them before the PC shuts down again Even if I could get the drivers from another computer I suspect it would still shut down during driver installation So thats where I am now I have a computer that quickly shuts itself off making the fan on my Ti go crasy my powersupply is a fairly new roughly months old Antec whose power management drivers were just updated I have thoroughly cleaned out the insides of my tower so it doesnt appear to be caused by dust or overheating I vaguely recall having a similar problem occuring when I first got my my Ti that happened whenever my computer went into sleep mode apparently it didnt like the power shift That problem was solved by just not going into sleep mode ever

A:Computer Blue screens shortly afte boot. Graphics card might be cause.

Took out an old 2 gig stick of RAM, leaving just my newer 4 Gig stick. That gave me an extra 2 or 3 minutes before it does the exact same thing. that gave me enough time to install up to date Nvidia drivers.
No visible improvement from the new drivers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/299426-computer-blue-screens-shortly-afte-boot-graphics-card-might-cause.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi, im currently running windows vista ultimate sp1, my computers specs are
as follows,

1gb ram, 80gb hdd, amd athlon XP 2800 cpu and an ati radeon 9200 256mb agp graphics card.

ever since ive had my machine it crashes an awful lot, this tends to be watching videos on youtube or what not, i get a little line across the video which to me suggests its my grapics card, i used to have an nVidia Geforce 6200 256mb which ive currently changed, ive also used another model to which no avail.

today i also changed my sticks of ram as i thought it could be that and put new thermal grease on my cpu.

also my motherboard has a vga slot buy when i take my graphics card out and plug my monitor into there it doesnt work, could this be a motherboard problem?

hope i havent confused everybody, any helps welcomed, thanks!

A:Vista, Graphics error, Blue screen?

Quote:

Hi, im currently running windows vista ultimate sp1, my computers specs are
as follows,

you are running vista ultimate sp1???? sp1 has not be released yet. Its only in beta and IMO, not ready for prime time. If you have it installed maybe that is whats causing your problems.

also how much ram do you have?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/vista-graphics-error-blue-screen-196550.html
Relevancy 56.33%

As the subject line mentioned... i recently had to replace the screen in my Dell Precision M4800.  Now Whenever i am running Photoshop with my Wacom Cintiq tablet, the screen will freeze after a few minutes.  I updated the video driver but am still having the same problem.  I ran a diagnostic test and g everything checked out except for the "Notebook Panel" section.  there I get the error message "Video - User provided no input for graphics test"

Any idea how I can fix this?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19992586
Relevancy 55.47%

Hi Yall So I have successfully I think installed my new Radeon R quot low profile quot graphics card on my Dell Optiplex nbsp I plugged it in the motherboard started up the computer then went to Device Manager to update the drivers--which I did nbsp Side note Ever since plugging the graphics card into the motherboard some tasks like starting programs or starting windows take - X as long as they used to nbsp Anyhow it then asked for a restart which I did nbsp The computer still took extra long to start any program and when I plugged the monitor into the graphics card all I got was a black screen nbsp Take two nbsp I then read that I should have uninstalled my current graphics driver Intel integrated HD graphics before I installed my new graphics card but failing this I could uninstall my old graphics card and change card. the graphics screen Dell card 9020. Black into on the I R7 when 250 Just plug Radeon Optiplex Help! "installed" my monitor the default graphics card in the bios nbsp I uninstalled the old card and went to the bios but could not change the default can t remember exactly what it called it graphics controller or something nbsp I could see that intel HD graphics was still the default this is after uninstalling intel HD graphics and Just "installed" Radeon R7 250 graphics card on my Dell Optiplex 9020. Black screen when I plug the monitor into the card. Help! then restarting but could find no way to change this nbsp Supposedly dell will make the switcheroo on its own but it doesn t seem to have nbsp Take three nbsp Next I physically removed the graphics card restarted the computer then physically inserted the graphics card again then started the computer again no I did not insert the card while the computer was on nbsp I m not sure what else to try nbsp The computer still starts programs exceedingly slowly and still gives me a black screen when I try to plug the monitor into the graphics card--which the computer recognizes as existing in the Device Manager nbsp What is more the Intel HD graphics card that I uninstalled appears to have reinstalled itself as it is now visible again in the Device Manager plus it has the little control program accessible from the quot hidden icons quot popup menu off of the toolbar in the lower right-hand corner nbsp I can t help but think that if I could get the bios to prefer the radeon card I d be set--but I don t see an option for this nbsp Help

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19996940
Relevancy 55.04%

A few weeks ago I bought a 6200 OC PCI gfx card (BFG) and since I installed, it's been working fine. However, there is a good sized area of the screen that I can't see, but my mouse will go over there. The Windows taskbar ends at the end of what I can see, but I can still move my mouse pointer into the space, and it's kind of annoying. Has anyone had this problem? What should I do? Thanks.

Relevancy 55.04%

Hey guy's I was just taking out my current graphics card to see if i could do it because I am planning on purchasing a new card.
However once i plugged it into my motherboard instead of displaying the screen like it normally does, it instead shows a black screen however power is still getting through to it as the fan is still running.

So i tried taking the card out and booting with onboard graphics and that worked fine. So im thinking how do I set it to boot onto onboard over my gts 250 then maybe try installing the drivers from there in windows.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 55.04%

I have a DLP big screen with HDMI, S video, RCA imputs, and HDTV imputs. Its a 1080I DLP that I want to use as a monitor. I want to play WOW on it. Any suggestions? Any suggestions on the setup? Im on a budget build here.

Relevancy 55.04%

Hey I am building screen please me a and Recommend graphics card a PC for my mate and here are the specs so far MOBO P N-E SLI I bet you heard that million times CPU Intel Q RAM GB DDR MHz CASE EV Gamer case with PSU included HDD GB rpm MB cache Samsung OD Lightscribe x DVD CD R W So now I have a choice to make the graphics card and screen He will be using this PC primarily for gaming which is why I chose a good processor and big HDD My total cost at the moment is GBP which is dollar The budget is anywhere in the reigon below please note I need a screen speakers although these will be - sound card AND the graphics card so no rediculously high prices graphics cards He asked me for good graphics Must Recommend me a graphics card and screen please be from http www ebuyer com Must be MB I can have x MB cards or x GB but I will let you guys more Recommend me a graphics card and screen please experts than me tell me if or better etc Ok it s a long list but to summ up it s a graphics card costing up to give or take anything lower is excellent I have been looking at nVidia series and GeForce it must be nVidia For screens currently I have chosen the Samsung NWX quot monitor with x c d screen which is at http ebuyer com product although I am open to suggestions on anything else up to - I AM OPEN TO OPINIONS I can change any of the specs at the moment so suggestions are welcome POWER CONSUMPTION IS NOT A PROBLEM I havn t yet chosen a PSU and I ll get anything good Thank you for your time AND suggestions Regards Charlie nbsp

A:Recommend me a graphics card and screen please

Try these:

Acer AL2416WB 24" TFT Monitor Widescreen 1920x1200 1000:1 400cd/m2 5ms Silver/Black 3 Years Warranty - 198.99 + free delivery
ASUS HD 4870X2 2GB GDDR5 Dual DVI HDCP HDTV out PCI-E Graphics Card - 364.9 + free delivery
Corsair 650W TX Series PSU - 120mm Fan, 80+% Efficiency, Single +12V Rail - 60.25 + free delivery
Creative SoundBlaster X-Fi Xtreme Audio PCI-Express - OEM - 27.39 + free 5-day delivery

The total for the entire system will easily be under 1000 and your friend would have a killer system that will be able to play any game with the detail settings maxed out.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/recommend-me-a-graphics-card-and-screen-please.111193/
Relevancy 55.04%

I recently purchased a new graphics card(MSI Radeon HD6450) to hold out before I get my new laptop but whenever I start my computer with it in I get a black display.

Computer
Hp Pavilion p7-1287c

Procesor:
Intel core i5 2400, 3.1 GHz
Cores: 4

Motherboard:
Pegatron 2ac2

PSU:
EVGA 500W

RAM:
8 GB DDR3-1333

Form Factor:
ATX

Slots:
1 pci-e x16

A:Graphics Card Black Screen

Have you actually plugged your monitor into the card??

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/graphics-card-black-screen.1166549/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi,
I know it is an older system but I am currently using a Dell XPS 420 (Windows 7 HP 32 bit, 4GB RAM,  Intel Core 2 quad Q9300, Motherboard Dell TP406, Bios A07). It still runs well but recently the existing graphics card has been crashing frequently so I have upgraded to a new one - Sapphire Radeon R7 250 2GB DDR3.
The PC meets all the minimum requirements for this card however all I get is a blank screen. I have also contacted Sapphire support who will likely suggest uninstalling / updating every driver , flashing bios, reinstalling windows.... but does anybody here know if there is any reason why this graphics card should not work with this PC / motherboard. 
thanks

A:New graphics card = blank screen

What video card was in the system before you upgraded?  Did you remove the existing drivers before you shut the system off to install the new card?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3515/t/19991733
Relevancy 55.04%

I bought a Sapphire HD graphics card card screen Black new with (almost) graphics about months ago Everything worked fine until one day ago when I booted up my computer everything booted up Black screen with (almost) new graphics card Fans Lights amp No system beeping But I was only getting a black screen with occasional small white flashes I tried booting with multiple displays and multiple ports nothing worked I also tried changing my bios settings also with no luck the on-board graphics work fine when the graphics card is removed from the PC My power supply is a W which is more than enough Again Everything worked fine until that day I doubt anything is damaged I handle everything in my PC with extreme care And yes all of the AMD drivers are installed I will try to reply to any questions asap I m sorry if I don t reply quickly I have a very busy schedule Any help on this issue would be VERY much appreciated Some PC Specs listed Black screen with (almost) new graphics card below Lenovo idea centre K Watt new power supply Intel th Generation Core i gb system RAM Not shure about the motherboard type nbsp Black screen with (almost) new graphics card

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/black-screen-with-almost-new-graphics-card.198269/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hello this is the first time I'm posting something like this to a forum like this and first time I ever had an issue like this I attached a picture of the issue I was told that it might be the video card graphics card Is there a way to fix this issue or do I have to buy a new video graphics card Or is it the screen itself What happened was i was just browsing the internet then my screen started to flash and then the blue screen appeared Problem graphics with card? screen/possible and shut down I tried fixing the resolution back to bit since its at bit and it wouldn't change it back it stays at bit There's also a vertical black strip on the right side of the screen as you can tell on the picture i attached I think it's also crashing my firefox since its done it numerous of times I have a HP Pavillion dv windows vista home premium If you need more info on my laptop I can find it and let you know Thanks in advance

A:Problem with screen/possible graphics card?

Welcome

If you had a BSOD, which I think you did, this information will help us

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/285137-problem-screen-possible-graphics-card.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi everyone this is my first post and i hope its in the right place Last night i turned on my computer for the first time that day and all seemed fine windows logo came up with the little loading bar Screen Black Card Graphics - but instead if loading the desktop up came a black screen Funny thing was that windows was working in the background I read through people having the same problem in these forums and it turns out its not an overly uncommon problem graphics card issue I booted in safe mode and uninstalled the graphics card and drivers and when i rebooted Graphics Card - Black Screen it was fine albiet in low resolution i downloaded and reinstalled the drivers from my providers site and when i rebooted i had the same problem So now i am sitting typing this the text looks huge on this resolution and have a simple question Is the issue here that the graphics card is broken I hope this isnt the case as it is an onboard card and will cost about for a replacement My specs are below i m a bit of a gumby when it comes to computers so go easy on me HP Pavillion zd lappy P Onboard Mobility Radeon X MB XP Pro nbsp

A:Graphics Card - Black Screen

Do you have the same black screen using an external monitor? If you do, you won't be spending $900 on an on-board video card, you will spend $900 on a new motherboard...

Have you tried to install the graphics driver once more?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-black-screen.91516/
Relevancy 55.04%

hi i am new to this forum as im sure you can see so if there is any screen with graphics Blank card info missing please tell me Blank screen with graphics card and ill try to fill it in i am having trouble getting my graphics Blank screen with graphics card card to work it has worked in the passed and has been stored away for about months but have just pulled it out again when i start the computer with the graphics card pluged in there is a blank screen and i cant do anything when i pull the card out and start with the motherboard VGA it say quot overclocking failed quot even though im not trying to overclock it and gives me the options of quot F to run setup quot and quot F to load default values and continue quot but once i go past that all is fine again i have flicked the CMOS battery out updated BIOS installed fresh copy of XP and im out of ideas it is a AGP GS graphics card P VDC-MX motherboard any help would be great thanks nbsp

Relevancy 54.61%

Posted on Tom's Hardware Hardware News Tests and Reviews Also Event viewer ID Kernel Power Error CUSTOM ERROR A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error No blue screen - just a blank screen Hi there I tried to fix this issue i have with my computer for the past year it seemed to be overheating but now i suspect it turned into a hardware issue My build was used for less than years since around the random restarting began happening but mostly when i play high end games and the room temperature is fairly hot There was a point where my CPU temperatures reached around to Celsius but that was fixed about a week ago with a new Cooling tower - Tpc The Random restarts could be because of CPU being damaged from overheating or possibly the power supply being inadequate which i ruled out in Detail Recently - When playing high end games such as HL Garry's mod on high graphics XCom or any other game my Pc would run for about half an - games no Errors End blue or High BSOD Playing Graphics screen hour until finally it get to a point where the sound immediately freezes and glitches the screen turns black and the pc becomes unresponsive Keyboard doesnt work the CD drive works -seems random Today this issue has become more clear when now i attempt to play these games and only minutes or more into the game and the pc crashes overheating My Graphics card is a GTX Nvidia - its considered a good card but becomes very hot and the CPU fan and heat sink has pins that broke causing the heatsink to not fully attach itself to the CPU Result Faulty CPU GPU Failing Possibly my graphics card has reached BSOD no Errors or blue screen - Playing High End Graphics games its lifetime years of generally working in heat causing some components to malfunction Result Faulty GPU causes issue in hardware causing PC to crash - not sure if thats possible Motherboard and power supply After looking through the Event BSOD no Errors or blue screen - Playing High End Graphics games Log i found the BSOD no Errors or blue screen - Playing High End Graphics games CRITICAL Error stating Event ID Kernel-Power happens every time my computer crashes and after reading countless forums i found that this is a simple Event message showing the Pc suddenly swtiched off and not cleanly saved all work -Causes may be Loss of Power Restarting Power supply failure There was a Thread that suggested that the issue could be a Damaged motherboard that would cause this issue I hope its not becouse this desktop Pc was actually shipped from country to country once by a shipping company and this issue could be the result The other Cause could be a insufficient or Faulty Power supply which cant be possible considering its a new power supply that i recently bought to FIX this same issue i had It seems that the old Power supply had a short circuit of some sort and didn't want to switch the Pc back on and right after getting the new power supply the Issue disappeared for the Time being until recently this issue Random restarts began again my power supply is a Corsair W i believe and should be a good peice of hardware since its lifespan is no less than a year Memory I ruled this out i havent seen any Memory related problems since i have GB x GB Corsair Dominator DDR sticks which worked fine hardware W Corsair CMPSU- TXUK TX Intel Core i Bloomfield nm TB Western Digital WD FAEX Cavi GB x GB Corsair Dominator DDR MB EVGA GTX nm MHz G Asus P X D-E Intel X S PC GB OCZ Technology Vertex E Windows bit Intel Core i - GHz Crash Dump Analysis ---------------------------------------------- Crash dump directory C Windows Minidump Crash dumps are enabled on your computer On Tue -Jan- AM GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmp This was probably caused by the following module Unknown Bugcheck code x x x x x Error CUSTOM ERROR A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error Google query CUSTOM ERROR Any help would b... Read more

A:BSOD no Errors or blue screen - Playing High End Graphics games

Ok so I had a look at the files you uploaded it seems however there are no dump files so firth thing i would like you to follow this tutorial so that we can ensure your system will actually be creating dump files upon BSODing:

Dump Files - Configure Windows to Create on BSOD

The next thing i notice is that your Primary drive is an SSD so if you could please ensure that the firmware is up to date.

Code:
Model OCZ-VERTEX2 ATA Device
Next I would like to address that you seem to be running three different antivirus programs:

Code:
Start Menu\Programs\AVG 2012
Start Menu\Programs\Avira
Start Menu\Programs\Kaspersky Anti-Virus 2013
I would like you to either remove all three of these and replace them with a combination of MSE and Mbam at least until we can rule them out as the problem, and even then you should only be running one not three.

respective removal tools for the antivirus programs:

Kaspersky removal tool

AVG removal tool

Avira removal tool

Next I note that you have Daemon Tools installed, this is a known cause of BSODs, please uninstall it and once it is uninstalled download and run this tool:

DuplexSecure - Downloads

when you run the tool, there will be a box with three buttons the only one you need to be interested in is the Uninstall button if it is grayed out , then Daemon tools is gone. DO NOT click the install button it will install a harmful driver that is known to cause BSODs.

Next on the list if you are overclocking at all on anything, stop.

and the last thing, I notice that you have a Razer Lycosa keyboard, the older drivers for this keyboard are known to case BSODs you can update the drivers here.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/274350-bsod-no-errors-blue-screen-playing-high-end-graphics-games.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi guys nbsp I've done a fair bit of looking into this but I can't get a definitive nbsp answer I recently bought a Gigabyte GeForce TI OC Edition to go with my computer knowing it would fit in the case But ever since I've tried to install it it has been a nightmare It fires up fans whirring and all but all card shows black graphics screen New I get is the HP BIOS screen no imput commands and quick beeps then it goes to an entirely black screen with a blinking underscore in the top left hand corner nbsp From what I've read around I have to enable Legacy mode in BIOS but since my computer is running the HP BIOS I can't find that it even remotely supports Legacy mode Then I've read that some HP MoBo's cannot effectively run nbsp a different graphics card nbsp due to age restrictions It doesn't sound like a power issue as I've already upgraded the PSU with no issues nbsp I'd just love an answer to what exactly is the issue because it's driving me nuts and I'm pretty much ready to sell the card at this point New graphics card shows black screen nbsp IF I have infact bought a non-applicablegraphics card could you recommend one that would ACTUALLY work nbsp Thanks again

A:New graphics card shows black screen

The HP 3300 SFF shipped with Win 7, and a BIOS that is not upgradeable to UEFI standards.Look here at the new MSI cards that offer Legacy and UEFI.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/New-graphics-card-shows-black-screen/td-p/5640110
Relevancy 54.18%

Graphics Card Nvidia Computer Shuttle XPC Barebone SS G v Motherboard Shuttle FS V OS Windows XP SP Well I took apart my computer and put it back together about times and after the third i turned it on and the screen was black straight away as soon as i pressed the ignition button the other times I turned it on it was fine I have determined graphics card screen problem, Black that it is the graphics card because I plugged the monitor into the motherboard VGA port and it worked like normal I have tried taking out the card and cleaning the port I went into Device Manager and under other devices it says quot VIDEO CONTROLLER VGA COMPATIBLE quot but it has a exclaimation mark by it And when i go into the properties of it it says quot THE DRIVERS FOR THIS DEVICE ARE NOT INSTALLED CODE quot But i cannot install the drivers with the cd I have and i cannot use graphics card problem, Black screen hardware update wizard My CD ussually identifies the card and the installs the drivers but this has not happened and at the top where it says what the card is it says quot NO SUITABLE DRIVERS quot I have had the same problem before but i didnt know what the problem was and I gave it to a shop to sort out so i dont know what exactly is wrong Can someone please tell me what to do Much Appreciated Agent nbsp

A:graphics card problem, Black screen

There should have been a cd with the graphics card, try that!!!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-problem-black-screen.56549/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hey I m not sure where to start but a while ago I bought a desktop and a monitor and they are black Screen after card a installing graphics goes while after new Desk Top Newegg com - Acer Aspire AX -UR P PT SG P Desktop PC Athlon II X GHz GB DDR GB HDD Capacity NVIDIA GeForce SE Windows Home Premium -Bit Monitor newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E But the graphics card that came Screen goes black after a while after installing new graphics card with the computer sucked it simply doesn t support D games So I went ahead and bought this graphics card Graphics Card Newegg com - GIGABYTE GV-N SL- GI GeForce GT Fermi GB -bit DDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready Low Profile Ready Video Card Here note that the maximum power my computer has is W but the graphics card needs at least W for it to run So I bought this power supply unit Power Supply Newegg com - Antec VP- W ATX V v Power Supply Here s the story After I bought my computer and the monitor I bought the graphics card It took me a while to figure out how to install it but I worked my way out and installed it So I followed the general guide to installing graphics card remove driver first install card the computer didn t have a card so the pci slots were empty then I started my computer and tried to install the new driver with the disc that came with the graphics card The first time it went so well that I thought it s gonna work but after a while the screen suddenly goes back and on the top right corner it says quot VGA then DVI quot It s the screen you get when the monitor isn t plugged into a desktop So after that I went to look at my computer and the card and I found out the card needs more power it needs W but the computer has W So I bought a W power supply unit also took me a while because my case is micro ATX board I have to leave the power supply unit outside the case So after I installed the power supply and the graphics card the first time trying to install the driver also went pretty smooth but the screen then went black after a while So I m wondering what exactly I should do I m pretty sure the power supply is working Atm I m using the power supply but not the card and I can run my computer fine Addition details When I tried to uninstall the original graphics card driver it kept automatically installing itself when I restart Could that be why But after I uninstalled it I switched to the VGA port on the new graphics card but it still didn t work I have my directx updated to version Please if you re confused about anything I said tell me which part you didn t understand and I ll try my best to describe it Thank you for your time Ads by Google nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/screen-goes-black-after-a-while-after-installing-new-graphics-card.188703/
Relevancy 54.18%

So I did a full upgrade to Windows 7, because frankly I can't stand Vista anymore. Everything is running smooth, EXCEPT for my screen weirds out from time to time, usually happens when I have multiple programs running, but not necessarily. See screenshot:
http://www.graphoftheday.com/windows7screenshot.jpg

My first guess would be that my computer is low on video memory, BUT this is a three month old laptop, and though it only has an integrated Intel graphics card, that should be able to handle 7, no?

Heres the specs for my computer, just in case youre wondering what Im running. HP G70-250US Notebook PC - Product Specifications

Any help or guidance is greatly appreciated!

A:Screen weirds out, is this a graphics card issue?

I too have this problem, any ideas?

I have an Dell Inspiron. Specs: Dell Inspiron 1545 Specification, Review, Price and Ratings | GadgetAnalysis

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/11397-screen-weirds-out-graphics-card-issue.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I deleted all of my old ATI graphics card drivers, and even used a 3rd party tool to whipe out the traces in safe mode after. I then installed my new nvidea GeForce 9800 GTX+ graphics card. I installed the drivers as well as active X.

During my first gaming session with the new card, it randomly cut to a black screen and the fan started to spin at a pretty high rate. (Fan on graphics card)

Anyone have any clue what I can do here?

(First time posting by the way, so be gentle)

A:Black Screen after installing new Graphics card

System Specs (MB, CPU, Memory, PSU, OS)?
Are you running two monitors?
Have you considered the possibility of adjusting the screen refresh rate?
Do you have anything overclocked?
Are you generating any minidumps?

More information would be helpful.
And I am sure someone here can help you track down the issue...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/black-screen-after-installing-new-graphics-card.126973/
Relevancy 54.18%

I was playing Modern Warfare and just after a match had finished and was changing to the game summary instead of going to the game summary the screen was was covered in vertical lines alternating dull yellow and dull green similar colours in the game summary menus it stayed like this with the sound in related turning not i Screen - believe card its graphics on the background still going for like seconds it woudn t allow me to ctrl alt delete or escape or anything I believe it had froze The screen just went to no signal and turned off I tried resetting the computer but the screen doesn t come on i turn the screen on and off and the screen stil goes to Screen not turning on - i believe its graphics card related no signal I took out the graphics card and put it back in and the screen still doesn t turn on I also tried switching the dvi plug to the nd one on my card and it still doesn t turn on The card is XFX Ati Radeon HD I bought it yesterday after my original card ASUS Nvidia GTS MB was artifacting nd time its happend which is currently being fixed under warranty months left The card has been worked fine the last days when i try to turn the computer on it doesn t seem to start up like it use to even without the screen working - there is no beep which usually happens when u first turn it on Anyone know what the problem is My comuter specs are Cpu Intel Core Duo E Ghz MB FSB Dual Core Screen not turning on - i believe its graphics card related Mother board Gigabyte P-S Power Supply Antec Neo HE W Ram kingston GB Kit x GB Mz Screen Acer x nbsp

Relevancy 54.18%

hello,

I seem to have a problem installing my new graphics card, i have a Nvidia Geforce6600LE pci-e and whenever i insert it into the slot and start up the computer up, my monitor wont get any signal. My motherboard model is Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. GA-VM900M and my on board graphics is a P4M900 VIA Chrome9 IGP chipset. And i also noticed in my graphics display Utility(S3 Screen toys) states that it only supports AGP. I had a look in BIOS and i tried to switch primary display to PCI-E but there wasnt one, it only had PCI, on board and PEG(Default setting). I really would appreciate any help that you can offer.

thank you.

A:Blank screen after graphics card inserted

Did u try PCI?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/blank-screen-after-graphics-card-inserted.84761/
Relevancy 54.18%

I just installed my new 7950, and upon installing the drivers then rebooting back to windows I found that although my screen resolution is listed at 1080p, either my screen or my graphics card isnt doing this properly because I have a black outline, about 2cm thick, all around my screen where the screen isnt displaying anything. Any suggestions? On the nvidia control panel I could stretch/move the screen size to my likings, is this possible with catalyst?

Thanks

A:New Graphics card causes black outline around screen

Ok First off I think you are Using a ATI Radeon card

Also if you installed Nvidia drivers on a ATI device GOD help you it even came on

Can you please do us all a favor and post screen shots of the card box and write down what drivers you installed

This would really help because the way i am reading this you are using a ATI card but you installed Nvidia drivers

7000 series card from Nvidia is Dinasour now

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/214565-new-graphics-card-causes-black-outline-around-screen.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi I want to run triple screen surround but my stock Alienware x51 graphics card won't support it. I believe I have the gt545 in it right now. What graphics card would I be able to just drop into it so I can run triple screen surround. I would really only like to change the graphics card but if needed what else would I need to buy to be able to run it?

A:What graphics card for alienware x51 to run triple screen?

This appears to be a continuation of this thread: http://forums.techguy.org/hardware/1097631-how-can-i-run-triple.html

I posted a link to the nVidia website which lists all the compatible cards.

Since this would be considered a duplicate thread, I'm going to close this thread and you can continue with the previous thread.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/what-graphics-card-for-alienware-x51-to-run-triple-screen.1098060/
Relevancy 54.18%

i have just put in a graphics card (asus EN9800gt 512mb hybrid power) and wen i turn it on all i get is a black screen! what could the problem be?
I have a 500w pc and its a very brand new pc with 64bit windows 7 and intergrated grraphics.

also note that the first time i put it in i forgot to put in the 6pin adaptor and when i turned it on it made a big beeping noise. could this have stuffed up the card? becoz wen i remove it, the pc works fine

help please???

A:put in graphics card bt only black screen wen turn on!!

i think ive had this problem before. the beeping sound you heard was I believe the POST telling you that something is wrong with the graphics card. This is expected since you forgot to plug in the power. For me, it turned out that my power supply was a bust. Everything else turned on fine but there was never anything on the screen. Replaced the psu and everything booted up. See if you can find a replacement? Your wattage seems to be fine.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/62026-put-graphics-card-bt-only-black-screen-wen-turn.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi, as the topic says, my screen isn't working after I put in a new graphics card. it was a Nvidia Geforce 9500, I put it in the correct slot, PCI or PCIe, and the screen doesn't even DETECT the computer now... the first time, I put it in poorly, the second it went in perfectly...but the screen still didn't work, I have been at this for 2 hours. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:Screen not working after installing new graphics card

Did you have a graphics card before the nVidia 9500? If so, did you uninstall the old display drivers.

Check if the Primary Display Adapter in BIOS is set to PCI-E.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/screen-not-working-after-installing-new-graphics-card.153856/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello Today I bought a brand new Acer V - G laptop that runs Window with a nvida gtx m graphics card built in Getting home I decided to use Just Cause 's bench test to find out how the laptop would hold up After completion and getting a rather low score I noticed it said the graphics card it was running was the integrated Intel r HD graphics card and not the nvidia So after some researching and trying out different ways with no results I right clicked on computer clicked on manage went to device manager then to display adapter saw the intel card and the nvidia card so I disabled the after Black card Help! disabling screen graphics intel card in hopes it would force the nvidia card to be used Black screen after disabling graphics card Help! Once I did that all windows disappeared the desktop was still there and I could still access the tile menu start screen so I restarted hoping it would set everything back to normal and start using the nvidia card Oh how wrong I was Upon restart the acer title logo pops up then disappears as usual but after that I only get black screen nothing else Is there any way to fix this To re enable the graphics card some how Thank you in advance

A:Black screen after disabling graphics card Help!

If you could get to Safe Mode, you could re-enable the onboard graphics.

In some cases, if Windows 8 doesn't successfully start a few times in a row, it will display a screen with alternate boot options - among them an "Advanced Options" tab - which will include an option to start in Safe Mode. Try letting your laptop restart a few times. If it recognises a problem with the onboard graphics, it might produce the Advanced Startup Options menu.

If you don't see that menu appear, you can use a Windows 8 repair disc (USB, CD, or DVD) to boot your computer. It will produce a menu from which you can choose Advanced Startup Options & choose Safe Mode. The Wndows 8 repair disc is not your Windows 8 installation disk, nor is it a recovery disk (such as those provided by your manufacturer). The repair disc starts your computer into the Windows 8 Recovery Environment.

It only takes a minute or two to make the repair disc (literally). From a working Windows 8 PC, press the Windows & R keys at the same time. Then type recdisc. Choose create repair disc, & provide a blank CD, or blank DVD, or USB flash memory drive.

Apparently, your laptop uses a hybrid type program called "Optimus" that uses both the onboard graphics as well as the discrete nVidia mini-card. The idea is that the onboard graphics handle mundane graphics tasks (to save battery life), and the nVidia kicks in when needed for gaming.

It seems that you do have some degree of control over when the nVidia takes over -- the options are in the "nVidia Control Panel". Here's a blurb from a gaming website about it:
Quote:

After you are at the control panel of nVidia, in the left side of that window there is 'Manage 3D settings' Under the 'Select a Task'. Click on that and you see in the other part there is a 'global settings' tab and 'program settings'. Go to the global one and in the 'preferred graphics processor' choose 'High Performance nVidia Processor'. You should then have the optimus technology when you choose apply. The 'program settings' in the other hand is to choose what graphics card you want to use for each program of your preference. So you choose on your program and select your preferred graphic card there

See if the nVidia Control Panel gives you the control you need, once you get things visible again with a repair disc.

Best of luck
. . . Gary

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/black-screen-after-disabling-graphics-card-help-737978.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Bought the X1650PRO and fitted it today

After a few problems (blue screen of death etc!!) got it working

Only thing now is everything on the screen looks so small

All my desktop icons are smaller, and even web pages only fill about 3/4 of the screen width

I have tried messing with the resolution but none of them look right (distorted or too big)

Any ideas??

A:new graphics card - screen resolution problem

what size is your screen, and is it lcd or crt (thin one or big tv-style)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-graphics-card-screen-resolution-problem.90049/
Relevancy 54.18%

I have a Hp desktop gb memory ATI radeon x I connect when graphics card Blach new screen intergrated graohics card gb hd XP SP Pentium ghz This is the problem I got a used grapgics card- an ati x xl mb The I uninstalled my intergrated one through device manager Turned off computer Installed the new card to my PCI-E slot Then connected the monitor cable to the new video card slot Turn on computer and Blach screen when I connect new graphics card nothing Black sceen saying quot No signal I researched this problem Went to BIOS then switched cards or slots had a option like quot PCI PCI-E AGP Figuring that I installed it onto my PCI-E slot i switched it to that option But still no start up I seems that the intergrated card never goes off I uninstall it but its still there Cause when I restart my computer its still enabled Question How can I fix this problem so I can get the new card to work am I supposed to disable or uninstall the intergrated one I uninsatalled it first If I disable it and it still dosent work the new card can I reinable it cause I don t want to mess up the computer Thank you very much google nbsp

A:Blach screen when I connect new graphics card

Is your power supply upto the mark? The card might just not be getting enough power.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/blach-screen-when-i-connect-new-graphics-card.89806/
Relevancy 54.18%

Im sorry to trouble you guys, but I have tried everything I can think of and have seen via google.

I tried starting my pc about 3 days ago and I got the windows loading screen up and then it all of sudden went black. To cut a long story short, my pc will not start with any nvidia drivers installed. I have tried a fresh reboot of the OS and all is good until I update the graphics driver.

I have tried re-seating the graphics card, and unplugging everything but it still isnt working.

Please could you advise on what to try next, or is my graphics card a gonner.

Thanks in advance

Relevancy 54.18%

Hello,
My dad has a nividia geforce graphics card in his computer and a 22 inch benq lcd monitor. Everynow and then when he starts the computer(its becoming more frequent every day),the computer screen is black and when you turn it on it says no signal.even some times when its left idle it does it.I'm guessing its a problem with the graphics card.Ive done all the obvious steps like clean the graphics card, make sure the screens plugged in and update the drivers.

Does anyone know what could cause this??

I will put the specs of dads computer up tomorrow

~Fastboy42~

A:Black Screen.Graphics Card Failure?

Make sure you update the graphic card drivers from the venders site, if you dont know then i can show you where.

Next click the link on my sig and do everything there then reboot. If the problem still exists then go into the bios and set the display to onboard graphics, boot then shutdown the pc and remove the graphics card. Then boot up and see if the problem still happens. If you need help with the BIOS settings then just ask.

NOTE: if you dont have onboard graphics you'll need another graphics card which you can put in instead of the one your using

If after doing all the above its still not working correctly then download http://www.cpuid.com/hwmonitor.php and run it then take a screenshot so we can see all the values and post it here

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/224715-black-screen-graphics-card-failure.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi,
Just installed a NVIDIA Ge Force FX5200 graphics card. Only problem is I can't get any picture. Have hunted high and low for answers. All checks state it is compatible with my motherboard. Have tried numerous option in BIOS but still cant manage a picture. I have to keep plugging my monitor in to the on board card to get my picture. If I can get some suggestions that would be great.
Thanks
Maggsy

A:New Graphics card installed - blank screen only

have you used other cards in that slot before and if so did they work fine.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-graphics-card-installed-blank-screen-only.25186/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello, I've installed a nvidia geforce 8800 gt. When I boot in to safe mode. The computer boots fine, But when I go in to device manager, The graphics card isn't displayed, When I boot in to windows mode there is just a gray screen, No cursor. The mouse lights up and so does the keyboard.

------------------
System Information
------------------
Time of this report: 2/19/2012, 23:32:53
Machine name: ELISHA-PC
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_rtm.090713-1255)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Model: M68MT-D3
BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) II X2 250 Processor (2 CPUs), ~3.0GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 3326MB RAM
Page File: 1147MB used, 4067MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows
DirectX Version: DirectX 11
DX Setup Parameters: Not found
User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
DxDiag Version: 6.01.7600.16385 32bit Unicode

A:Gray screen, After installing graphics card.

The "missing" graphics card in Safe Mode (Device Manager) is quite normal. In Safe Mode, Windows does not load any third-party device drivers which means the associated devices won't be listed in Device Manager (since in most cases the driver is where Windows gets the device information from).

The on-board graphics adapter (if there is one) is usually disabled automatically when a third-party graphics card is installed. This prevents resource-conflicts and odd behaviour. However, It's just possible that your on-board adapter is still enabled, causing the problems you describe. Go into the BIOS Setup and disable it if it isn't already disabled. Don't forget to save any changes you make to the BIOS settings.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gray-screen-after-installing-graphics-card.1041869/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hi i have recently bought a Pc - with slots PCI - PCIX and AGP PRO and a graphics card- Ge force GS mb PNY from what i can tell they should be compatible i have got the graphics card and then opened up my pc taken the old one out and placed the new one in its place when i turn my pc back on its comes up with the normal writing in white then it goes onto a blank screen just before the Windows loading screen SHOULD come up the last thing it says is quot Media test failed Check is Just blank a screen card bought and my new graphics just cable quot i have no clue Solutions that i have tried i put the old card back in and turned it on fine and put the new graphics cards disk in and installed the drivers with Just bought a new graphics card and my screen is just blank the new card Just bought a new graphics card and my screen is just blank in another slot so it would actually install then i took the old one out and put the new one in on its own Still blank screen i also tried it in every slot i have nbsp

A:Just bought a new graphics card and my screen is just blank

ok try this download driver sweeper use it to uninstall the nvidia display drivers then install the newest drivers from the nvidia web site for your card and that should fix it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/just-bought-a-new-graphics-card-and-my-screen-is-just-blank.139508/
Relevancy 54.18%

HI,

I want to upgrade my graphics and I am pretty sure the card I bought is compatible. I get a blank screen when starting with the card in and it plugged into the monitor. I have a drivers disc but can't use it because I can't see anything.

Windows 7 32 Bit OS

Here are the specs

I have Biostar Mobo N68S3+ with an AMD X2 Phenom processor ang 4Gb of RAM
My PSU is 220-240 400W
The card is a Galaxy GT 440 1026mb

I currently use the integrated graphics to connect to the monitor

Do they just not match or am I doing something wrong?

Much appreciated

A:Adding graphics card, blank screen

Have you checked if your inserting the card properly? Can you access BIOS at least? When do you see the white screen?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/adding-graphics-card-blank-screen.173792/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello Recently I got a new graphics card graphics 'Splash screen' not New showing card for my computer the card was Galaxy NVIDA GEForce Well after install some things changed that I do New graphics card not showing 'Splash screen' not like I cannot see my computer's 'Splash screen' if you will Beforehand when I booted up my computer It displayed a black screen with 'Gateway' written in the middle of the screen since my computer is Gateway brand and 'Press lt Del gt to enter BIOS Then from there it did the Windows boot which we all know BUT after I installed my card this entire sequence is not shown My monitor goes to sleep as if the computer isnt even on And it remains like this until it is time to log on This isn't such a big deal but the big problem is I can't get into BIOS like this I tried and my monitor remains asleep So if I ever need to enter BIOS I'll have to rip the card out first Is there any reason solution to this I am still new to the forums and I don't know how to reply to what people say on my post here So if you reply to this if you could please check back to see if i replied with another comment Thankyou

A:New graphics card not showing 'Splash screen'

Not raely software or driver problem but will try to help.
If you can get in BIOS with, I presume integrated video card, there should be a setting somewhere in BIOS for "primary" video and should be set to PCI express instead of integrated and then install video card. Not all BIOSs can do that automatically.

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/37631-new-graphics-card-not-showing-splash-screen.html