Windows Support Forum

BSOD Ntoskrnl.exe+7efc0 and Ntoskrnl.exe+75c40

Q: BSOD Ntoskrnl.exe+7efc0 and Ntoskrnl.exe+75c40

I keep getting a BSOD (Critical_Object_Termination) but have no idea what is causing the issue. I tried in vain to debug my own minidump files but ended up getting nowhere.

So far i have run MemTest over the weekend with 107 passes. I also ran Prime95 64-bit for 4 hours on each of the FFT tests without error.

I have enabled driver verifier (following the guide on this site) and this has not caused anynew BSOD's.

I also get a random BSOD on startup but it has happened so infrequently i have been unable to boot with disable automatic restart on system failure enabled to capture the stop code.

I really could do with some expert advice please.

This is my first post so i apologise if i have missed something important but i have tried to read as much info as possible before posting.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: BSOD Ntoskrnl.exe+7efc0 and Ntoskrnl.exe+75c40

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: BSOD Ntoskrnl.exe+7efc0 and Ntoskrnl.exe+75c40

Unusual one you got there think it may be a windows problem please run sf tool and upload all files not just dumps and try running an sfc scan
SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker option 2

Check system temperatures also

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/281212-bsod-ntoskrnl-exe-7efc0-ntoskrnl-exe-75c40.html
Relevancy 133.61%

I'm getting random Blue Screens and can't figure out why. I'm not running any hardcore programs. I'm mostly just using Microsoft Office and Firefox. The BSOD's seem to happen when I'm in Outlook, Excel or Firefox. Haven't been able to determine exactly which at the time as I'm moving back and forth between them quite often.

I've tried the SFC command and it didn't find anything. I used BlueScreenViewer but not a lot of help. All drivers for sound and video have been updated. I've also updated the firmware to the Crucial M4 SSD version 040H.

Any insight would be great.

Specs:
Laptop - HP EliteBook 8560w
CPU - Intel i7-2670QM
RAM - Hynix/Hyundai 8.0 GB Ram
SSD - M4-CT256M4 SSD
Audio - AMD High Definition Audio
Video - AMD FirePro M5950
OS - Windows 7 Pro 64-bit

A:Random BSOD Reporting ntoskrnl.exe+75c40 & ntoskrnl.exe+7efc0

Update the firmware of your Crucial M4-CT256M4SSD2.

And, Uninstall McAfee Using McAfee Removal Tool. Use Microsoft Security Essentials as your antivirus with windows inbuilt firewall, and free MBAM as the on demand scanner.
Download, install and update those, and then run full system scans with both of them, one by one.

Free up the startup.
Click on the Start button
Type “msconfig (without quotes), click the resulting link. It will open the System Configuration window.
Select the “Startup” tab.
Deselect all items other than the antivirus and touchpad driver SynTPEnh.
Apply > OK
Accept then restart.
Let us know the results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/281927-random-bsod-reporting-ntoskrnl-exe-75c40-ntoskrnl-exe-7efc0.html
Relevancy 88.97%

Been receiving these BSOD for a few weeks now, there is no set pattern to them as they can happen at anytime. I have upload the required file and the bugview file.

I have no idea what it causing it as it started to happen out of the blue. My computer is a laptop if that makes any difference.

A:BSOD - ntoskrnl.exe+75c40

There is a lot of info needed not in your dump files

Please run the SF tool again, this time click "Grab All" and wait for each windows to
appear then click ok.

And here are the instructions for posting:

Quote:
http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html

Cheers

Dave

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/281889-bsod-ntoskrnl-exe-75c40.html
Relevancy 88.97%

I keep getting BSOD no clue what is causing it, LAN, Graphics, Drivers Up to date. Been fighting this for Months now. Will Attach mem-dump files. Please help.

A:BSOD ntoskrnl.exe+75c40

please do the following:

Run memtest86+ for at least 8 passes: RAM - Test with Memtest86+

Tip: Do this overnight it can take a long time

In the mean time please enable driver verifier and allow it to crash your computer and then post the new dump files back here if it causes a crash. If within 24 hours driver verifier has not caused a crash please disable it:

Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable

If you can not boot normally into windows after enabling driver verifier please boot into safe mode by pressing F8 before the windows logo appears and then disabling driver verifier.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/280292-bsod-ntoskrnl-exe-75c40.html
Relevancy 86.8%

CPU: Intel I5 - 650
Motherboard: Aspire X3950
Ram Speed, size and #sticks: 8Gb total, 2 sticks of 4gb Kingston
GPU: Geforce GTX 560, version 9.18.13.697
PSU: CoolerMaster 460w

Attached is the saved text file from Bluescreenviewer, usually I crash when playing games like TF2. It has never crashed from casual web surfing, and only started about 3 weeks ago. I was playing TF2 for about 4 hours earlier and it either BSODed with said info in the textfile, or froze while my game sounds stuttered.

I also realize that my psu may be a little underpowered for my current setup, but I can assure you ever since I upgraded my computer, it has not given me any problems.

Actions taken so far: Chkdsk, disk cleanup, advancedsystemcare cleanup

Temp while idle: 39c
Temp while gaming: 65

Im not too sure what else to add, I'll be back here later when it BSODs. Thanks guys for taking a look!

A:BSOD (memory_management) ntoskrnl.exe+7efc0

Yes, swap out that CoolerMaster power supply, for a better brand

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-memory_management-ntoskrnl-exe-7efc0.186590/
Relevancy 86.8%

Hi all This issue started for me yesterday first my video converter kept freezing each time i tried to use it then my world of warcraft kept crashing i then random at ntoskrnl.exe+7efc0 BSOD tried to run the repair tool from outside of the game and it started crashing too ok now i was suspicious and i bought SuperAntispyware i started a scan with that BSOD at random ntoskrnl.exe+7efc0 one and my Norton at the same time and after about - minutes i got my first BSOD My PC restarted and I decided to restore a clean ghost partition of my system drive equals a fresh windows install but faster So i would back up some files saved on my desktop now IE kept crashing each time i tried to enter one of my drives So i rebooted in safe mode and did the task with no issues i decided to run SuperAntispyware while in safe mode and that went just fine it found a trojan and removed it So now i ran the ghost restore from a boot CD and got my system restored to a earlier date now i just needed to update my Windows and Norton And i got this BSOD so my system isnt fully updated in the ZIP uploaded I hoped my fight would be over with this clean install but it seems not In addition to the Zup from the SF Diagnostic tool i have some info from Blue Screen View Dump File - - dmp Crash Time - - Bug Check String MEMORY MANAGEMENT Bug Check Code x a Parameter Parameter fffffa f Parameter fffff Parameter fffff a a Caused By Driver ntoskrnl exe Caused By Address ntoskrnl exe efc File Description NT Kernel amp System Product Name Microsoft Windows Operating System Company Microsoft Corporation File Version win sp gdr - Processor x Crash Address ntoskrnl exe efc Stack Address Stack Address Stack Address Computer Name Full Path C Windows Minidump - - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File Size Thanks in advance Jim Kromann

A:BSOD at random ntoskrnl.exe+7efc0

Start by testing ram:

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 1A, {31, fffffa80085f6900, fffff88007312000, fffff8a0102838a2}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::NNGAKEGL::`string'+7271 )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

0: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

MEMORY_MANAGEMENT (1a)
# Any other values for parameter 1 must be individually examined.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000031, The subtype of the bugcheck.
Arg2: fffffa80085f6900
Arg3: fffff88007312000
Arg4: fffff8a0102838a2

Debugging Details:
------------------

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x1a_31

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN7_DRIVER_FAULT

PROCESS_NAME: ccsvchst.exe

CURRENT_IRQL: 0

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from fffff8000333e915 to fffff800030e5fc0

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`06eec848 fffff800`0333e915 : 00000000`0000001a 00000000`00000031 fffffa80`085f6900 fffff880`07312000 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`06eec850 fffff800`033b9797 : fffffa80`00000000 fffffa80`09378060 00000000`0000034e fffff8a0`10275000 : nt! ?? ::NNGAKEGL::`string'+0x7271
fffff880`06eec8b0 fffff800`03114ceb : ffffffff`ffffffff fffff880`06eeca78 00000000`00008000 fffffa80`087bfc00 : nt!MiRelocateImagePfn+0xf7
fffff880`06eec910 fffff800`0310ccbf : fffffa80`09cc08f0 fffff880`06eeca80 fffffa80`0b3fa3f8 fffffa80`09cc08f0 : nt!MiWaitForInPageComplete+0x7ef
fffff880`06eec9f0 fffff800`030f365a : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 ffffffff`ffffffff fffff680`00000000 : nt!MiIssueHardFault+0x28b
fffff880`06eecac0 fffff800`030e40ee : 00000000`00000008 00000000`6a93b4e0 00000000`002b9a01 00000000`0ca3e4e8 : nt!MmAccessFault+0x146a
fffff880`06eecc20 00000000`6a93b4e0 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiPageFault+0x16e
00000000`03ffb020 00000000`00000000 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : 0x6a93b4e0

STACK_COMMAND: kb

FOLLOWUP_IP:
nt! ?? ::NNGAKEGL::`string'+7271
fffff800`0333e915 cc int 3

SYMBOL_STACK_INDEX: 1

SYMBOL_NAME: nt! ?? ::NNGAKEGL::`string'+7271

FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: nt

IMAGE_NAME: ntkrnlmp.exe

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 503f82be

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x1a_31_nt!_??_::NNGAKEGL::_string_+7271

BUCKET_ID: X64_0x1a_31_nt!_??_::NNGAKEGL::_string_+7271

---------
Take memtest. Run for 8 passes and test each stick in a know good slot for an additional 6 passes.
RAM - Test with Memtest86+

Note
Pay close attention to part 3 of the tutorial in order to rule out the faulty stick.

Information
Errors are sometimes found after 8 passes.

Tip
Do this test overnight, before going to bed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/285402-bsod-random-ntoskrnl-exe-7efc0.html
Relevancy 86.18%

A little recent history - I built a new PC pretty much for music production using Mixcraft Pro Studio Asrock Z Pro Intel Core i K GB DDR APC_INDEX_MISMATCH Mixcraft :: loading BSOD ntoskrnl.exe+75c40 while - Sandisk Extreme GB SSD WD Caviar Green TB Corsair CX Power Supply NZXT Silent Case Win Pro All was well until I started getting the dreaded 'blue screen of death' This seems to be happening only on Mixcraft and only when I launch The error is APC INDEX MISMATCH After googling this for a bit it seems a driver thing or a hard disk error Drivers are the usual suspect so I dug through the logs M-Audio Fast Track C- is showing several errors in the log BSOD while loading Mixcraft :: APC_INDEX_MISMATCH ntoskrnl.exe+75c40 I updated the BSOD while loading Mixcraft :: APC_INDEX_MISMATCH ntoskrnl.exe+75c40 interface drivers and am still getting the BSOD when I launch Mixcraft Some other history I installed mixcraft on a non-default drive The E drive which is the Caviar Green TB The OS is on the C drive the Sandisk GB SSD No apparent problems there I guess Please note the crash when launching Mixcraft is intermittent Sometimes it's fine and launches no problem bang out some tunes and then other times I get the blue screen with the APC error This crash happens only when I load this one program Photoshop is fine surfing no problem etc Any help is appreciated

A:BSOD while loading Mixcraft :: APC_INDEX_MISMATCH ntoskrnl.exe+75c40

I have seen this particular BSOD as of late being caused by antivirus software, and I notice that you have Norton internet security installed. Please for the sake of testing uninstall it with this tool: Norton Removal Tool and then replace it with MSE and Mbam. Tip: Be sure to uncheck the box asking you to start a free trial when installing Mbam

Also please run the following commands from an elevated command prompt:

Code:
sfc /scannow
and

Code:
chkdsk /r/ f

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/280418-bsod-while-loading-mixcraft-apc_index_mismatch-ntoskrnl-exe-75c40.html
Relevancy 85.87%

Hi Folks for the past weeks I have been having this issue - At the end of the work day I put the Asleep DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE -ntoskrnl.exe+7efc0 When BSOD - PC PC Windows x to sleep Then sometimes when I flip up the screen back I see a BSOD that happened when the PC was asleep This doesn't always happen but it happens alot I have done a chkdsk f and BSOD When PC Asleep - DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE -ntoskrnl.exe+7efc0 there were a few errors chkdsk BSOD When PC Asleep - DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE -ntoskrnl.exe+7efc0 fixed them and I double checked again after a reboot and no errors on chkdsk All my drivers are up to date - I manually checked them all and I also checked with Driver Genius I really don't know what else to do as I have tried everything and I still get BSOD's when I put PC to sleep For now I just leave my PC on all the time Any help would be cool Here is the data of the BSOD from Nirsoft BlueScreen View Filename ntoskrnl exe Address In Stack ntoskrnl exe e d From Address fffff To Address fffff a a Size x e Time Stamp x f be Time String PM Product Name Microsoft Windows Operating System File Description NT Kernel amp System File Version win sp gdr - Company Microsoft Corporation Full Path C Windows system ntoskrnl exe

A:BSOD When PC Asleep - DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE -ntoskrnl.exe+7efc0

Please refer to the following and implement the instructions:

BSOD Posting instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/273362-bsod-when-pc-asleep-driver_power_state_failure-ntoskrnl-exe-7efc0.html
Relevancy 85.87%

Hi,
I've been receiving BSODs over the last couple of months. It use to once a week but now on average is happening every 2-3 days
I'm generally web browsing in IE, with winamp playing and wow.
Just wondering if anyone can take a look and give me some suggestions.
Cheers.

A:BSOD while playing wow IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL ntoskrnl.exe+7efc0

Welcome

Are you using two antivirus programs?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/270218-bsod-while-playing-wow-irql_not_less_or_equal-ntoskrnl-exe-7efc0.html
Relevancy 84.32%

Although i know the cause, i have no clue on how to fix it.

I have tried the following:
Memory scans - nothing there
Disk scans - nothing there
Done startup scans - nothing there
Done cmd scans - nothing there
rootkit scans - nothing there

I have added the rest of the info in the .rar

Any help would be amazing

I am currently in safetymode as normal login does not work. (due to the BSOD)

A:BSOD right after login error 0x7f caused by ntoskrnl.exe+7efc0

Welcome aboard.

According to Carrona.org, STOP 0x0000007F: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP
Usual causes: Memory corruption, Hardware (memory in particular), Overclocking failure, Installing a faulty or mismatched hardware (especially memory) or a failure after installing it, 3rd party firewall, Device drivers, SCSI/network/BIOS updates needed, Improperly seated cards, Incompatible storage devices, Overclocking, Virus scanner, Backup tool, Bad motherboard, Missing Service Pack

As your dumps are not giving adequate information, We may start with some point.

► Uninstall Daemon tools. It is a well known cause of BSOD crashes.

► Uninstall AVG. Uninstall Norton and all Symentec products too, using Norton Removal tool.Use Microsoft Security Essentials as your antivirus with windows inbuilt firewall, and free MBAM as the on demand scanner. Download and install those, and then run full system scans with both of them, one by one.

► Make some space free in C drive. As it is very little space left there.

► Test your RAM modules for possible errors.
How to Test and Diagnose RAM Issues with Memtest86+
Run memtest for at least 8 passes, preferably overnight, per RAM module per slot.

Is the computer in warranty? Let us know. Also let us know the results of these steps. If all failed, we will take another way, will think about the device drivers.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/267187-bsod-right-after-login-error-0x7f-caused-ntoskrnl-exe-7efc0.html
Relevancy 93.74%

Hey guys so I've been getting some random BSOD errors every few days or so I usually leave my computer on when I am at work or sleep and either when I come home Random BSOD error ntoskrnl.exe (address driver ntoskrnl.exe+74ec0) or wake up my computer is off So I turn it on and it says that the computer didn't Random BSOD error driver ntoskrnl.exe (address ntoskrnl.exe+74ec0) shut down properly when I start up I downloaded the BlueScreenView and noticed I've had some BSOD three times within days One Random BSOD error driver ntoskrnl.exe (address ntoskrnl.exe+74ec0) was a PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA error which I believe was a RAM problem i bought new RAM and installed it plus OCed it to but I believe it was making my system unstable so I reset the speed to default and haven't gotten that error again but after that I've gotten two IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL errors related to ntoskrnl exe I did some research online and from what I read it could be a number of problems I'm just not sure where to start and could really use some guidance and advice I uploaded my dmp files for anyone who knows how to look at these Thank in advance

A:Random BSOD error driver ntoskrnl.exe (address ntoskrnl.exe+74ec0)

Welcome to 7F. I'll take a look at your dumps and see if I can get you BSOD free.

One

NETGEAR NEUTRAL WIRELESS SOLUTION

Your Netgear Neutral Wireless Solution driver has been flagged. It is quite old a could probably do with updating. Check for updates here
Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck A, {0, 2, 1, fffff800034c88ac}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for scmndisp.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for scmndisp.sys
Probably caused by : scmndisp.sys ( scmndisp+16d1 )

---------

1: kd> lmvm scmndisp
start end module name
fffff880`0188b000 fffff880`01895000 scmndisp T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: scmndisp.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\scmndisp.sys
Image name: scmndisp.sys
Timestamp: Fri May 27 11:30:22 2011 (4DDF7D3E)
CheckSum: 00009C0C
ImageSize: 0000A000
Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4

Two

HARDWARE DIAGNOSTICS

A few of your dumps (0x50, 0x124) are pointing towards hardware errors. 0x124s are usually always hardware errors but rarely give us an indication of what the problem actually is. In this case we may have struck lucky as this particular one shows up ASUS AI Suite III. The utilities listed below are the ones I'm concerned about.Attachment 353971

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (124)
A fatal hardware error has occurred. Parameter 1 identifies the type of error
source that reported the error. Parameter 2 holds the address of the
WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure that describes the error conditon.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000000, Machine Check Exception
Arg2: fffffa800752d028, Address of the WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure.
Arg3: 00000000bf800000, High order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.
Arg4: 0000000000000124, Low order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.

Debugging Details:
------------------
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x124_GenuineIntel

PROCESS_NAME: AISuite3.exe

CURRENT_IRQL: f

ANALYSIS_VERSION: 6.3.9600.17029 (debuggers(dbg).140219-1702) amd64fre
We have seen motherboard packaged utilities cause 0x124s in the past and it could be the case here.
Uninstall ASUS AI Suite III and test the system for stability.
Run SeaTools to check the integrity of your HDD. SeaTools for DOS and Windows - How to Use
Download and run MemTest86+ to test your RAM. RAM - Test with Memtest86+

Note
Attachment 353972 Run MemTest86+ for at least 8 passes. Ideally set it off before you go to bed and leave it overnight, we're looking for zero errors here. A single error will show something's going bad with your RAM.

Three

NVIDIA GPU

You've also received a 0x116 which is a VIDEO_TDR_ERROR (Timeout Detection & Recovery) which means your GPU driver has crashed and has failed to recover in time. This could be down to the driver, the card itself or possibly the power to the card.
Code:
******************************************************************************... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/365399-random-bsod-error-driver-ntoskrnl-exe-address-ntoskrnl-exe-74ec0.html
Relevancy 93.31%

Jan , Crash Address All !! BSOD ntoskrnl.exe+80640 the Time ntoskrnl.exe ------------------------------------------- How to Solve - I've uninstalled my windows and recover my laptop with recovery DVD to it's original factory state original windows - Never installed Norton internet security again I'm using Microsoft Security Essentials now - Updated my Graphic Card Driver Intel Wifi Driver Sound Card Driver And some other drivers It's been two months now with no BSOD Thanks to dear Arc and gregrocker Thank you guys ------------------------------------------- Oct ------------------------------------------- Hi guys It's almost a year that I have problems with BSOD ntoskrnl.exe , All the Time !! Crash Address ntoskrnl.exe+80640 BSODs it use to be Atikmdag BSOD but I solve that with updating my Graphic card Driver and Changing Atikmdag sys file in Windows System folder But now it's about months that I get ntoskrnl exe BSODs in lot's of situations Web surfing Windows log on Working with Unity Working with files and Really lot's of Times Even in Safe Mode with Networking I guess it's because of my Network driver because I got BSOD in Safe Mode with Network but I never got a BSOD in normal Safe mode BTW I dunno how to solve it Please Help me these BSODs are sooooooooo annoying Here is my System Specs It's Msi GX CPU Intel R Core TM i CPU M GHz Main MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO LTD MS- Bios BIOS Date Ver Memory GB HDD ST AS ATA Device Sound Card AMD High Definition Audio Device High Definition Audio Device Graphic ATI Mobility Radeon HD Series - GB GDDR OS Microsoft Windows Ultimate -bit Multiprocessor Free Service Pack it's weird that I've finished writing this without a BSOD Here is the Zip file Created with SF Diagnostic Tool

A:BSOD ntoskrnl.exe , All the Time !! Crash Address ntoskrnl.exe+80640

Code:
fffff800`00b9cc48 fffff880`010b75fcUnable to load image \SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\sptd.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for sptd.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for sptd.sys
sptd+0x4b5fc
Daemon Tools, Alcohol 120% and Power Archiver Pro uses SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD), which is a well known BSOD causer. Uninstall Alcohol 120% at first. Then download SPTD standalone installer from Disk-Tools.com, and execute the downloaded file as guided below :
Double click to open it.
Click this button only:

If it is grayed out, as in the picture, there is no more SPTD in your system, and you just close the window.
Next uninstall Virtual CloneDrive, as vclone.sys is as fatal as SPTD.sys, too.
After doing these two, report the situation back.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/309093-bsod-ntoskrnl-exe-all-time-crash-address-ntoskrnl-exe-80640-a.html
Relevancy 93.31%

BSOD random, probably under heavy load situations. I dont know how to do.

DM log collector file attached

many thanks

A:BSOD random most times ntoskrnl.exe+748c0 and ntoskrnl.exe+74ec0

Hi berdini.

Code:
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: GS_FALSE_POSITIVE_MISSING_GSFRAME
Scan the system for possible virus infection with the following programs.
Anti-rootkit utility TDSSKiller
Windows Defender Offline
Let us know the results.

Code:
BugCheck F7, {fffff8800a01ff08, f8800125d135, ffff077ffeda2eca, 0}

Probably caused by : Ntfs.sys ( Ntfs!_report_gsfailure+26 )

---------

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/373211-bsod-random-most-times-ntoskrnl-exe-748c0-ntoskrnl-exe-74ec0.html
Relevancy 93.31%

Hi to make things easier for you dxgmms1.sys,ntoskrnl.exe,Ntfs.sys BSOD Address:ntoskrnl.exe+75bc0; below is the Bug Check String Driver and crash address SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION dxgmms sys ntoskrnl exe bc MEMORY MANAGEMENT ntoskrnl exe ntoskrnl exe bc SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION ntoskrnl exe ntoskrnl exe bc NTFS FILE SYSTEM Ntfs sys ntoskrnl exe bc IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL ntoskrnl exe ntoskrnl exe bc unrelated how could I make nice table above I have searched the forum Problem BSOD randomly usually graphics related eg flash games in chrome graphics related software Mathematica Problem I use an internet usb G device to connect to internet Every morning the device will not connect to internet and computer will hang on shutting down screen when I BSOD Address:ntoskrnl.exe+75bc0; dxgmms1.sys,ntoskrnl.exe,Ntfs.sys restart I have to manually turn off and back on again I think this may be a dying capacitor on motherboard that needs boot's to get excited Problem Chrome quot aw snap quot happens regularly and is usually flash content related even ad banners seem to cause it from time to time I have reinstalled chrome checked plugins etc etc no luck Internet explorer runs stable but for example in flash games it seems to momentarily freeze and then catch up BSOD Address:ntoskrnl.exe+75bc0; dxgmms1.sys,ntoskrnl.exe,Ntfs.sys with itself again These are moments where I think chrome would have crashed Things I've done SFC scan All's well Memtest I did pass it took an hour everything fine Will put it on over night tonight Checked for latest drivers Also have latest BIOS Checked win update Ran Intel Burn everything ok max stress over Gb RAM run min max temp thank you Noctua NH-C P this is with quiet adaptor too lol Ran malwarebytes found nothing toxic Ran SSDlife Free health SSD seems fine Bought a new motherboard assuming that the current one is going bad I haven't switched over to it yet and thought I should investigate a little further before I do ie bad RAM CPU Power Supply SSD CPU seems fine RAM passed test but will test further My own quot opinion quot until today was that there is a fault on motherboard probably with usb hardware Now I realise that it could be the power supply but I have no way to test this bar buy a new one My analysis bad motherboard or bad PSU Either way not getting away with cheap fix methinks UPDATE I enabled verifier exe using this Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable Windows crashes just before going to desktop I had to boot last known config to get up and running again IE I CAN RELIABLY CREATE BSOD USING VERIFIER EXE WITH GIVEN INSTRUCTIONS So I am going to try focusing on drivers loaded at startup by process of elimination Is there a quick way to find out which one Below is the Check String Driver and crash address for the BSOD's when using verifier exe IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL ntoskrnl exe ntoskrnl exe bc DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL RNDISMPX SYS RNDISMPX SYS a UPDATE If I choose or more non Microsoft drivers in verifier exe I get BSOD different check strings but always at the same address Also computer seems more unstable since engaging with verifier exe I feel I have given a thorough evaluation based on information in this forum and would appreciate feedback from those with more expertise than I UPDATE Another Memtest gave errors on pass Questions any chance poor power supply can cause this anyone have experience increasing voltage to make this go away would bad RAM explain all my problems ok fine i'll go through RAM and the slots and find the bad one sigh major sigh positively tragic sigh UPDATE Started with slot with stick of RAM Did memtest but had an idea I turned on verifier exe with all rd party drivers selected and my theory was to replicate the BSOD I got earlier at startup Went through each slot each RAM combo's of RAM and then to add insult to injury with all sticks in exactly same as before no BSOD Life is tough So maybe RAM wasn't properly seated all this time or maybe I need to test the RAM proper... Read more

A:BSOD Address:ntoskrnl.exe+75bc0; dxgmms1.sys,ntoskrnl.exe,Ntfs.sys

**************UPDATE 5 ****************

The sequence of events went as follows.
RAM test 1 pass was passed. Verifier.exe caused immediate BSOD on windows start when activated. Trying to hunt down drivers revealed any combo of 3 or more drivers gave BSOD at startup. Randomly decided to recheck RAM. Failed memtest after 27 minutes pass 1. Found one RAM stick that passed after one pass slot0. Got fed up of waiting for other slot's. Devised a plan to use verifier to check the RAM by seeing which combo's of RAM sticks gave BSOD on startup. All combo's passed. And now verifier does not give BSOD on any setting. Began to hate life. Cheered myself up with prospect of sleep. Put all 16 Gb RAM in properly and ran mentest for 18 hours, 6 passes. No error. Still no verifier.exe errors when enabled. Wrote this update.

If RAM failed after 27min one test, and then after swapping around a retest of 18 hours has no error, one would presume the RAM may be ok. Equally, I believe one could say the RAM is suspect. So, if the test is failed it really doesn't tell us anything except there is a problem somewhere. But we know there is a problem since we have BSOD!!! If I hadn't rerun the test I wouldn't question the RAM.

So the question is: how do I categorically ensure that a stick of RAM is good? Is memtest on RAM with an alternative working computer enough?

In summary:

I ran memtest for 18 hours, which was 6 passes. No problems detected. Using verifier.exe with protocols given on this forum I no longer get BSOD.

Currently my hypothesis is that the RAM was never seated correctly, or given that it takes a bit of force to insert correctly into motherboard, the flexing has at least temporarily defused whatever fault was causing my BSOD. Tenuous I know. But I really have no other explanation other than something somewhere on the motherboard or power is failing, or even the RAM.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/351171-bsod-address-ntoskrnl-exe-75bc0-dxgmms1-sys-ntoskrnl-exe-ntfs-sys.html
Relevancy 93.31%

Got my first blue screen of death tonight had firefox opened one watching youtube video another browsing internet After bsod /adress (ntoskrnl.exe+72a40) caused by driver (ntoskrnl.exe) BSOD it restarted i login but just black screen with cursor ctrl alt delete worked so i shut my computer down Boot up normally after check my minidump file bsod cause BSOD caused by driver (ntoskrnl.exe) /adress (ntoskrnl.exe+72a40) by ntoskrnl exe Did little search on google find BSOD caused by driver (ntoskrnl.exe) /adress (ntoskrnl.exe+72a40) has to do with ram and hard drive Downloaded wd data life guard diagnostic for my mechanic drive which is healthy but my ssd on shows failed end to end error rate value threshold worst is all in SMART statue Im not sure if i can trust this wd diagnostic on my crucial ssd there are alot of unknown in SMART statue too Theres no ssd diagnotic for crucial there is a firmware not sure if it helps So i downloaded and ran crystaldiskinfo on my ssd health statues says good it doesnt say end to end error rate like wd Instead same ID B line says quot unused reserve nand blocks quot instead Is my ssd good i havent ran a test on my ram yet This is almost month old build Asrock x x killer i k gtx w crucial x gb crucial gb ssd wd blue tb Heres info of bsod with bluescreenview Bug Check String- IRQL GT ZERO AT SYSTEM SERVICE Bug Check Code - x a Parameter - dc a Parameter - Parameter - Parameter - fffff b Caused By Driver- ntoskrnl exe Caused By Address- ntoskrnl exe a File Description- NT Kernel amp System

A:BSOD caused by driver (ntoskrnl.exe) /adress (ntoskrnl.exe+72a40)

Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/367819-bsod-caused-driver-ntoskrnl-exe-adress-ntoskrnl-exe-72a40.html
Relevancy 93.31%

i keep getting BSOD when playing game new graphics i dont know where to start when its comes to BSOD stuff

110414-10576-01.dmp 11/4/2014 10:48:39 PM 0x00000124 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`0af318f8 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 ntoskrnl.exe ntoskrnl.exe+4a63cc NT Kernel & System Microsoft? Windows? Operating System Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7600.16385 (win7_rtm.090713-1255) x64 ntoskrnl.exe+4a63cc C:\Windows\Minidump\110414-10576-01.dmp 6 15 7600 262,144 11/4/2014 10:48:41 PM is some info i dont know what else yall need

A:0x00000124 ntoskrnl.exe ntoskrnl.exe+4a63cc BSOD Error runninganygame

Please Help

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/351242-0x00000124-ntoskrnl-exe-ntoskrnl-exe-4a63cc-bsod-error-runninganygame.html
Relevancy 92.45%

When I put my pc in sleep mode it often crashes: the screen goes normally in sleep mode, but the pc continues to stay awake for several minutes than BSOD & restart or BSOD & shut off.
Thanks to BlueScreenView I found what is seemingly the guilty process, but I don't know what to do now.
Attachment 315989
Thanks
Also, sorry for my bad english.

A:BSOD when goes sleep, ntoskrnl.exe+e96d2/ntoskrnl.exe+81e7a

Your HUAWEI Mobile Connect driver is causing issues here.

Code:
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for ew_jubusenum.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for ew_jubusenum.sys
Probably caused by : ew_jubusenum.sys
If it's a necessary driver then update it but if not then please completely remove it.
I'm not that familiar with such devices but it should be under Network Adapters, right click on the device and click properties, then click on the driver tab and update.

Code:
fffff880`015e0000 fffff880`015fc000 ew_jubusenum T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: ew_jubusenum.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\ew_jubusenum.sys
Image name: ew_jubusenum.sys
Timestamp: Mon Aug 20 01:55:56 2012 (50318B1C)
CheckSum: 0001CF99
ImageSize: 0001C000

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/330151-bsod-when-goes-sleep-ntoskrnl-exe-e96d2-ntoskrnl-exe-81e7a.html
Relevancy 90.73%

Hi, I've been having this BSOD appear very randomly.

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL 0x0000000a
(all reports in .rar file)

Sometimes within 1 hour, other times as long as 24hrs+. I've got my BIOS/Drivers up to date for my CPU, Graphics Card, and Motherboard. I've rigorously tested my memory and have never had any issues arise.

It has occurred during
3d gaming,
when the system has been idle,
also when browsing with firefox or ie.

Any help at all would be appreciated, I've struggled with this BSOD for years I would love to finally find whats causing it.

Thank you.

A:BSOD ntoskrnl.exe+26ee0 ntoskrnl.exe+7cc40

Quote: Originally Posted by postal

Hi, I've been having this BSOD appear very randomly.

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL 0x0000000a
(all reports in .rar file)

Sometimes within 1 hour, other times as long as 24hrs+. I've got my BIOS/Drivers up to date for my CPU, Graphics Card, and Motherboard. I've rigorously tested my memory and have never had any issues arise.

It has occurred during
3d gaming,
when the system has been idle,
also when browsing with firefox or ie.

Any help at all would be appreciated, I've struggled with this BSOD for years I would love to finally find whats causing it.

Thank you.

First lets start with asacpi.sys yours dated 2005
1-ASACPI.SYS

The pre 2009 version of this driver is a known BSOD cause.

Please visit this link: ASUS teK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download P7P55D LE
ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download P7P55D LE

Scroll down to the Utilities category, then scroll down to the "ATK0110 driver for WindowsXP/Vista/Windows 7 32&64-bit" (it's about the 12th item down).
Download and install it.
Go to C:\Windows\System32\drivers to check and make sure that the ASACPI.SYS file is date stamped from 2009 or 2010 (NOT 2005).

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/194256-bsod-ntoskrnl-exe-26ee0-ntoskrnl-exe-7cc40.html
Relevancy 90.73%

Does anyone have any idea what could be causing these BSOD errors? It started with the +74200 error about a month ago (enduser is just now informing IT) and now it is the +73c40. I've already done several Memory tests to no avail. I'm about to just
reimage but don't want to if it's just a driver issue. 

Thanks
TravisD

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/afea0b11-7904-4025-8dd6-c76d6cfa02d8/ntoskrnlexe74200-amp-ntoskrnlexe73c40-bsod?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 90.73%

Hi there,

Recently I've been getting BSOD while playing WoW. I'm not sure what details to give other than the dump so I'll just tell you about my computer:

Intel i5 4690 3.5-3.9 GHZ
EVGA GTX 970 SSC (super superclocked - the fans are designed not to turn on until card reaches 60c)
16gb Hyper X Fury ram
1tb WD Black HDD
Windows 7 OS

I noticed that I haven't crashed yet while EVGA Precision X is up (it has a custom aggressive fan curve I made). Maybe this has to do with the fact that it replaces fan drivers, or something? I don't know. I'm pretty clueless as to what's going on because all these parts are pretty new and it only recently started, but it's crashed three times today. Here are the dumps.
Any help you guys can give would be greatly greatly appreciated. Thanks a ton!

A:BSOD ntoskrnl.exe address ntoskrnl.exe+74ec0

Any ideas? It happened again while using EVGA Precision.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bsod-ntoskrnl-exe-address-ntoskrnl-exe-74ec0.1145229/
Relevancy 90.73%

Hello Recently I got a few bluescreens while playing World of Warcraft which I thought was very weird because all of my hardware is pretty new Here is some info about my computer Intel i - GHZ EVGA GTX SSC super superclocked - the fans are designed not to turn on until card reaches c gb Hyper X Fury ram tb WD Black HDD Windows OS At first I noticed three bluescreens then I used EVGA Precision X with a custom aggressive fan profile and BSOD ntoskrnl.exe+74ec0 ntoskrnl.exe address the problem went away temporarily but then the computer crashed later on I'm not sure if that's relevant or not I ran a diagnostic on my harddrive and processor and both were fine The RAM seems more difficult to test because it said something about usb drives so I decied to stray away from that unless it was absolutely necessary and then get help from someone who BSOD ntoskrnl.exe address ntoskrnl.exe+74ec0 knows what they're doing I am going to upload the dump files that were saved by bluescreenview Any help at all would be greatly appreciated

A:BSOD ntoskrnl.exe address ntoskrnl.exe+74ec0

CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION BSODs (0xf4) are usually related to an issue with the hard drive.

If you have an SSD, make sure that the firmware is upgraded.

If HDD, run SeaTools for DOS, LONG test - Hard Drive (HDD) Diagnostics - Sysnative Forums

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-ntoskrnl-exe-address-ntoskrnl-exe-74ec0-975273.html
Relevancy 90.73%

i am having this problem after i change my video cards i upgraded a 460 SLI to a 680
i have run 3dmark11 to try to replicate the bsod or something and nothing happends
i clean my hardware and change the thermal compound then i played some bf3 and paff the same bsod =(

pd: sorry for my english
i forgot to say that i have the last beta drivers from nvidia because with the WHQL i was having problems in gw2
Attachment 231326

A:BSOD playing bf3, hal.dll hal.dll+12a3b , ntoskrnl.exe ntoskrnl.exe+18

Welcome

For the bug check you're getting go through:
Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try

Also get a latest version of your BIOS.

Code:
Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.12.0002.633 X86
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\Yusra\Downloads\Fayer\SF_11-09-2012\091112-23509-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

Symbol search path is: SRV*C:\SymCache*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7601 (Service Pack 1) MP (8 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS
Built by: 7601.17835.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.120503-2030
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`03667000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`038ab670
Debug session time: Wed Sep 12 06:29:05.072 2012 (UTC + 6:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 7:04:57.025
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 124, {0, fffffa80086cf028, ba000000, 400405}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32k.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for win32k.sys
Probably caused by : hardware

---------

5: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (124)
A fatal hardware error has occurred. Parameter 1 identifies the type of error
source that reported the error. Parameter 2 holds the address of the
WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure that describes the error conditon.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000000, Machine Check Exception
Arg2: fffffa80086cf028, Address of the WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure.
Arg3: 00000000ba000000, High order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.
Arg4: 0000000000400405, Low order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.

Debugging Details:
------------------
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x124_GenuineIntel

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT

PROCESS_NAME: System

CURRENT_IRQL: f

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`030acb58 fffff800`03630a3b : 00000000`00000124 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`086cf028 00000000`ba000000 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`030acb60 fffff800`037f3b03 : 00000000`00000001 fffffa80`0860b890 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`0860b8e0 : hal!HalBugCheckSystem+0x1e3
fffff880`030acba0 fffff800`03630700 : 00000000`00000728 fffffa80`0860b890 fffff880`030acf30 fffff880`030acf00 : nt!WheaReportHwError+0x263
fffff880`030acc00 fffff800`03630052 : fffffa80`0860b890 fffff880`030acf30 fffffa80`0860b890 00000000`00000000 : hal!HalpMcaReportError+0x4c
fffff880`030acd50 fffff800`0362ff0d : 00000000`00000008 00000000`00000001 fffff880`030acfb0 00000000`00000000 : hal!HalpMceHandler+0x9e
fffff880`030acd90 fffff800`03623e88 : 0000003b`5e9a7a72 fffffa80`0ae15ac8 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : hal!HalpMceHandlerWithRendezvous+0x55
fffff880`030acdc0 fffff800`036e4aac : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : hal!HalHandleMcheck+0x40
fffff880`030acdf0 fffff800`036e4913 : 00000000`00000000 00000... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/252352-bsod-playing-bf3-hal-dll-hal-dll-12a3b-ntoskrnl-exe-ntoskrnl-exe-18-a.html
Relevancy 79.55%

I'm working on my parents computer and they are randomly receiving BSODs. They tell me they usually receive them when browsing the internet and running several other programs at once. They are using a Dell Studio XPS 7100 running Windows Home Premium.

My guess is that the issue is driver related. The reason I think this is because I ran the driver verifier and it created a BSOD (this also created the last mini dump file in the attached files). The BSOD message said "A device driver attempting to corrupt the system has been caught. The faulty driver currently on the kernel stack must be replaced with a working version."

Would someone mind looking through the attached documents and letting me know if you see any problems?

A:Random BSODs ntoskrnl.exe+26ee0 & ntoskrnl.exe+5063dc

Quote: Originally Posted by RossTTU

I'm working on my parents computer and they are randomly receiving BSODs. They tell me they usually receive them when browsing the internet and running several other programs at once. They are using a Dell Studio XPS 7100 running Windows Home Premium.

My guess is that the issue is driver related. The reason I think this is because I ran the driver verifier and it created a BSOD (this also created the last mini dump file in the attached files). The BSOD message said "A device driver attempting to corrupt the system has been caught. The faulty driver currently on the kernel stack must be replaced with a working version."

Would someone mind looking through the attached documents and letting me know if you see any problems?

The verified crash was related to C:\Program Files (x86)\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware\KernExplorer64.sys

I would remove Ad-aware AT LEAST TO TEST

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/217564-random-bsods-ntoskrnl-exe-26ee0-ntoskrnl-exe-5063dc.html
Relevancy 77.83%

Hello everyone I have been having some problems with my windows I upgraded from windows about one and a half month ago I had many problems all around with multiple BSOD per week I took up the opportunity to format my HDDs and did a clean installation of windows I had some problems with BSOD at the start but I followed the instructions provided on this link DISM - Repair ntoskrnl.exe+142770 ntoskrnl.exe+142760 BAD_POOL_MEMORY AND Windows Image There was some corruption that was found and repaired I even run a memtest with passes for a grand total of errors This happened at around the rd or th of January Two weeks passed without the slightest of problems until yesterday were I BAD_POOL_MEMORY ntoskrnl.exe+142770 AND ntoskrnl.exe+142760 had a complete system freeze had to press the reset button after minutes Since I didn't get a BSOD I couldn't really research the problem to find a solution I quot ignored quot the problem Tonight I had a BSOD so I thought about asking for your help with this problem My usual routine all BSOD seemed to happen when I was doing this includes having a Mozilla Firefox open with multiple tabs open like facebook youtube mail etc skype and usually World of Warcraft Since my pc is a bit old I have overclocked the cpu to be able to handle the increased punishment The first two BSOD I had was with a default set CPU so I m not sure if this has any impact Any help would be greatly appreciated I've uploaded the logs through the tool that I found on the sticky post WARMACHINE-PC- -Jan- zip Thanks in advance

A:BAD_POOL_MEMORY ntoskrnl.exe+142770 AND ntoskrnl.exe+142760

All dumpfiles are network related mentioning of afd.sys, tcpip.sys
2 dumpfiles flagged networx.sys

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *
BugCheck 139, {3, ffffd00022b382d0, ffffd00022b38228, 0}
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for networx.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for networx.sys
Probably caused by : Pool_Corruption ( nt!ExFreePool+bcd )
Followup: Pool_corruption
--
Please update to the latest version of networx
Driver Description: NetWorx
Driver Update Site: http://www.softperfect.com/products/networx/
If this not stops the BSOD, remove/uninstall it.

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/37918-bad_pool_memory-ntoskrnl-exe-142770-ntoskrnl-exe-142760-a.html
Relevancy 75.25%

okay so I've been having problems with this computer since day one. and its not even a year old. I just redid my HDD casue my windows 7 just bricked out of no where couldnt get into safe mode either. so got my files and redid my pc. and now i keep getting this error. i posted the results from the diagnostics tool. i'm starting to think maybe the SSD that the os is installed on is bad or maybe my ram is bad.

A:IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL ntoskrnl.exe/ntoskrnl.exe+75c00

Post this report:Activation Issue Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/297357-irql_not_less_or_equal-ntoskrnl-exe-ntoskrnl-exe-75c00.html
Relevancy 75.25%

Hi there My machine is running VISTA Business -bit edition Yesterday when Another like NTOSKRNL-HOOK, seems season its NTOSKRNL I tried to boot my PC up it took minutes and on log-on displayed quot Configuring Windows Desktop quot and on entering I had a brand new desktop with most of my files in locations I don't know where So I started my Mcafee scan and Another NTOSKRNL-HOOK, seems like its NTOSKRNL season it Another NTOSKRNL-HOOK, seems like its NTOSKRNL season said found NTOSKRNL-HOOK Trojan not one but TWO It deleted and when I scanned again there were again After consecutive scans it goes on and the same GMER says its a rootkit infection I am attaching my DDS and Attach zip rar Another NTOSKRNL-HOOK, seems like its NTOSKRNL season here and once again thank you guys for the awesome job you are doing for everybody I really appreciate it Thanks -------------------------------------- DDS ------------------------------- DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Home at on Wed Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows Vista Business GMT - AV McAfee VirusScan On-access scanning enabled Updated FW McAfee Personal Firewall enabled Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroup C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system rundll exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files McAfee com Agent mcagent exe C Program Files McAfee Anti-Theft McPvTray exe C Program Files Ashampoo Ashampoo AntiSpyWare AntiSpyWare Guard exe C Program Files DAEMON Tools Lite daemon exe C Program Files Internet Download Manager IDMan exe C Users Home AppData Local Google Update GoogleUpdate exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files PIXELA ImageMixer SE Ver CameraMonitor exe C Program Files Logitech SetPoint SetPoint exe C Program Files Common Files Logishrd KHAL KHALMNPR EXE C Program Files Ashampoo Ashampoo AntiSpyWare AntiSpyWareService exe C Windows system svchost exe -k hpdevmgmt C Program Files Google Update GoogleUpdate exe C Program Files McAfee SiteAdvisor McSACore exe c PROGRA COMMON mcafee mcproxy mcproxy exe C Windows system rundll exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcshield exe C Program Files McAfee MPF MPFSrv exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server DTS Binn MsDtsSrvr exe C Program Files McAfee MSK MskSrver exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSAS SQLSERVER OLAP bin msmdsrv exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL SQLSERVER MSSQL Binn sqlservr exe C Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSRS SQLSERVER Reporting Services ReportServer bin ReportingServicesService exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlbrowser exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroup C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL SQLSERVER MSSQL Binn SQLAGENT EXE C PROGRA McAfee MSC mcmscsvc exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL SQLSERVER MSSQL Binn fdlauncher exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL SQLSERVER MSSQL Binn fdhost exe C Program Files Internet Download Manager IEMonitor exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcsysmon exe c PROGRA COMMON mcafee mna mcnasvc exe C PROGRA McAfee VIRUSS mcods exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows system vssvc exe C Windows System svchost exe -k swprv C... Read more

A:Another NTOSKRNL-HOOK, seems like its NTOSKRNL season

Hi and welcome to TSF.

I am currently reviewing your log. Please note that this is under the supervision of an expert analyst, and I will be back with a fix for your problem as soon as possible.

You may wish to subscribe to this thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant Notification, then click Subscribe.

Please be patient with me during this time.

Mark

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/another-ntoskrnl-hook-seems-like-its-ntoskrnl-season-362470.html
Relevancy 70.52%

I have been getting blue screens about once per week. I used BlueScreenView and it seems that it usually crashes because of ntoskrnl.exe. I ran the BSOD Dump & System File Collection app and attached the results.

I am running Windows 7 home premium 64-bit.

A:BSOD ntoskrnl.exe

Quote: Originally Posted by cstt

I have been getting blue screens about once per week. I used BlueScreenView and it seems that it usually crashes because of ntoskrnl.exe. I ran the BSOD Dump & System File Collection app and attached the results.

I am running Windows 7 home premium 64-bit.

Several issues need to be addressed.

1-TDR reset

Quote:
"It's not a true crash, in the sense that the bluescreen was initiated only because the combination of video driver and video hardware was being unresponsive, and not because of any synchronous processing exception".

Since Vista, the "Timeout Detection and Recovery" (TDR) components of the OS video subsystem have been capable of doing some truly impressive things to try to recover from issues which would have caused earlier OSs like XP to crash.

As a last resort, the TDR subsystem sends the video driver a "please restart yourself now!" command and waits a few seconds.

If there's no response, the OS concludes that the video driver/hardware combo has truly collapsed in a heap, and it fires off that stop 0x116 BSOD.

If playing with video driver versions hasn't helped, make sure the box is not overheating.

Try removing a side panel and aiming a big mains fan straight at the motherboard and GPU.

Run it like that for a few hours or days - long enough to ascertain whether cooler temperatures make a difference.

If so, it might be as simple as dust buildup and subsequently inadequate cooling.

I would download cpu-z and gpu-z (both free) and keep an eye on the video temps Let us know if you need help

STOP 0x116: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR troubleshooting
2-Your AVG. Yes I know you changed from Avira to AVG.

I notice your AVG which is often at least a contributing cause of BSOD'S . Please remove and replace your AVG with Microsoft Security Essentials AT LEAST TO TEST

Download tools and utilities | AVG Worldwide

Microsoft Security Essentials - Free Antivirus for Windows
3- Update to SP-1

Please run the update readiness tool and then update to SP-1

Ensure you install the correct 64 or 32 bit option for your system)
Download the System Update Readiness Tool (64bit)
Download the System Update Readiness Tool (32bit)

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/202988-bsod-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Hello.

I have fairly new msi GX660 notebook. Unfortunately recently it crashed 2 times so i decided to make a post here. The first time it crashed (though after that it didnt crashed 2 days) I ran msi widows recovery tool and reseted it to factory settings. But after few days after reseting it crashed again. I ran bluescreenview and found out ir was caused by "ntoskrnl.exe". I attached dmp file. What can be the cause??

thank you.

A:ntoskrnl.exe causes bsod

Hello,

Start by running some hardware tests:

Memtest86: RAM - Test with Memtest86+ - Windows 7 Forums

All three Prime95 tests: CPU - Stress Test with Prime95 - Windows 7 Forums

Also run driver verifier: http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ed-473665.html

If you get more BSODs, see: http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ta-452654.html

...Summary of the dumps:

Code:

Built by: 7600.16792.amd64fre.win7_gdr.110408-1633
Debug session time: Tue Jul 12 01:45:51.142 2011 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 4:08:20.703
Probably caused by : Unknown_Image ( ANALYSIS_INCONCLUSIVE )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x109
BiosReleaseDate = 07/29/2010
SystemProductName = MS-16F1
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/ntoskrnl-exe-causes-bsod-586807.html
Relevancy 70.52%

hello I need help to solve this problem.
tried just about everything! has become a mystery to me - And I am grateful to any assist

Relevancy 70.52%

Built a new comp a few weeks ago and all was BSOD ntoskrnl.exe good for first few weeks About weeks ago I got on the pc and it was suddenly very laggy and clearly something was off I ended up resetting the plan settings in power options and it immediately fixed it however since then i get a BSOD several times a day when using an internet browser and especially when watching twitch or youtube videos I use firefox by default but I tried chrome and IE just to see if maybe it was an issue with the browser but it happens with all I haven't seen the BSOD when not using an internet browser as i was able to play atilla and WOW all weekend while avoiding the browser unless I needed to look something up and had no BSOD but if i try to say watch twitch and play wow it will BSOD Timing isn't consistent as sometimes I can watch for a few hours and no BSOD and others minutes and it will BSOD Appreciate any help on the matter

Uninstall Gigabyte bloatware, MSI software and WinRing. Update audio drivers.
Test your RAM: RAM - Test with Memtest86+ - Windows 7 Help Forums
one stick at a time eight passes per stick.
If that doesn't find any errors please follow these instructions: Driver Verifier - BSOD related - Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7 & Vista - Sysnative Forums

Code:
GPCIDrv64.sys Thu Jul 10 14:58:31 2008 (48760777)
Gigabyte Easy boost related driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=GPCIDrv64.sys

WinRing0x64.sys Sat Jul 26 15:29:37 2008 (488B26C1)

WinRing0x64.sys - this driver hasn't been added to the DRT as of this run. Please search Google/Bing for the driver if additional information is needed.

MBfilt64.sys Fri Jul 31 05:40:32 2009 (4A7267B0)
Realtek HiDefinition Audio driver (file labelled as Creative Audio Driver) - Was found in the latest Win8 version available from Realtek on 07Sep2013
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=MBfilt64.sys

NTIOLib_X64.sys Fri Oct 26 03:46:44 2012 (5089EB84)
MSI Afterburner driver (known BSOD issues with Windows) Also found to be a part of MSI Live Update 5 & MSI Super Charger[br] [br] Recently (Nov 2014) there have been numerous instances of this driver in memory dumps. Analysis reveals that they are scattered throughout the filesystem by the installed MSI command utilities. For now I suggest uninstalling them all.
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=NTIOLib_X64.sys

intelppm.sys Thu Aug 22 10:46:35 2013 (5215CFEB)
Intel Processor driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=intelppm.sys

imsevent.sys Fri Jan 10 18:52:53 2014 (52D03375)
Intel Mouse Class Upper Filter Driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=imsevent.sys

ikbevent.sys Fri Jan 10 18:52:53 2014 (52D03375)
Intel Keyboard Class Upper Filter Driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=ikbevent.sys

ISCTD.sys Wed Jan 22 20:37:35 2014 (52E01DFF)
Intel(R) Smart Connect Technology Device Driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=ISCTD.sys

xusb22.sys Tue Mar 18 09:18:41 2014 (53280161)
Xbox 360 Wireless Receiver driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=xusb22.sys

e22w8x64.sys Wed Mar 26 16:58:37 2014 (5332F92D)
Killer Networks Ethernet Card. Driver dated Mon Dec 3 10:42:37 2012 (? and earlier) has Qualcomm Atheros Killer Service BSOD issue. Workaround here: http://service.msicomputer.com/msi_u...px?formid=3054 [br][br]If the above workaround does not work, it is advised to install the drivers only by following this post - https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=178064.0
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=e22w8x64.sys

INETMON.sys Thu Apr 3 18:50:43 2014 (533D9163)
Intel Smart Connect Driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=INETMON.sys

iwdbus.sys Mon May 12 20:48:13 2014 (5371176D)
Intel WIDI Bus Enumerator driver[br]Related to Intel Widi - Wireless Display
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=iwdbus.sys

IntcDAud.sys Wed May 21 13:07:20 2014 (537C88E8)
Intel Graphics Media Accelerator HD Driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=IntcDAud.sys

igdkmd64.sys Mon Jun 16 19:00:31 2014 (539F22AF)
Intel Graphics driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=igdkmd64.sys

bwcW8x64.sys Thu Sep 11 21:43:49 2014 (5411FB75)
Killer Bandwidth Control Filter Driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=bwcW8x64.sys

TeeDriverx64.sys Tue Sep 23 22:01:14 2014 (5421D18A)
Intel Management Engine Interface driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=TeeDriverx64.sys

nvhda64v.sys Thu Oct 9 19:02:27 2014 (5436BFA3)
nVidia HDMI Audio Device (nForce chipset driver)
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=nvhda64v.sys

nvvad64v.sys Thu Nov 20 16:33:54 2014 (546E09E2)
NVIDIA Virtual Audio Driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=nvvad64v.sys

RTKVHD64.sys Wed Dec 3 11:37:00 2014 (547EE7CC)
Realtek High Definition Audio Function... Read more

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/62271-bsod-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 70.52%

So I've had this BSoD three times while playing on a game (Squad). These all occurred randomly within games and the Error calls itself 'page fault in nonpaged area'. Upon checking the dmp file with BluescreenViewer it highlights the ntoskrnl.exe. Could anyone take a look at the dmp and tell me what is causing the problem and if there are any fixes?

Many thanks.

A:BSoD ntoskrnl.exe

Dump 1: hssdrv6.sys - Hotspot Shield? Routing Driver and developed by AnchorFree Inc.
Dump 2: dxgkrnl.sys - Microsoft, something else is causing the problem
Dump 3: FLTMGR.sys - Microsoft, something else is causing the problem
Dump 4: EasyAntiCheat.sys - steam game
Dump 5: EasyAntiCheat.sys - steam game

The last two are caused by the game. Try uninstalling it then reinstall.

You have a lot of Steam games. You should uninstall any you no longer use. Ditto for non-Steam games.

Noticed you are still at version 10240 which is very back level. 10586 is the current version.
You should apply all Windows Updates and see if that helps.

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/43347-bsod-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 70.52%

I've been having lot's of BSOD when gaming and doesn't really occur when browsing the web. I used bluescreenviewer and opened the dump file and it said caused by driver: ntoskrnl.exe. This started happening when I reinstalled windows and I thought it might of messed up in the installation and I reinstalled it again still has been having it. I heard ntoskrnl.exe is cause by many thing's which made my hope go down. Mostly when i come to a problem on my PC i have been able to fix it but this stumped me. I lost my dump files in the reinstall but when i get one ill upload my dump file.

-Thanks
JicaFold

A:ntoskrnl.exe BSOD

Hi -

ntoskrnl.exe = Windows NT Kernel and gets listed as "probable cause" in BSOD dumps as a default

Run - http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ed-473665.html

Let Driver Verifier run for 24 hours minimum or until BSOD.

Then run the jcgriff2 file collection app - http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ta-452654.html

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/ntoskrnl-exe-bsod-689004.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Since I build my custom PC, I keep getting BSOD very consistently. Since the new Nvidia driver was updated the BSOD is fixed for like 3-4 days and now it is back again. Can you please help me withthis problem, I can provide you with as much as information as you want to know. 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/610205/bsod-ntoskrnlexe/
Relevancy 70.52%

I have experienced 2 BSODs about a week apart. Any help would be appreciated. Please let me know if anthing else is required. Thanks.

Which version of the P6T board do you have? I had a P6T Deluxe v1 and had to upgrade to v2 in order to stop my BSOD's when I hibernated.

The first thing to do is to reset the system to factory defaults (no overclock). This will tell us if it's due to the overclock or not. The memory dumps show default as 2.67 gHz and current as 3.1 gHz.

Beyond that there's no specific cause to suspect here. The BSOD's blame memory corruption - which can be due to the overclock or to faulty drivers. Let us know if resetting the system to default fixes things. If not, then start with these free diagnostics:

Quote:
I suggest starting all troubleshooting with the following diagnostic tests. They'll save you a lot of time and heartache if there is a hardware failure, and you'll have the disks on hand in case you need them in the future:

Quote:
H/W Diagnostics:
Please start by running these bootable hardware diagnostics:
Memory Diagnostics (read the details at the link)
HD Diagnostic (read the details at the link) - Test ALL of the hard drives.

Also, please run one of these free, independent online malware scans to ensure that your current protection hasn't been compromised: Free Online AntiMalware Resources (read the details at the link)

BSOD BUGCHECK SUMMARY

Code:

Loading Dump File [C:\Users\FUBAR\_jcgriff2_\dbug\__Kernel__\080111-28844-01.dmp]
Built by: 7601.17592.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.110408-1631
Debug session time: Mon Aug 1 02:01:36.662 2011 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 10:23:04.630
Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiTrimWorkingSet+c0 )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x50
PROCESS_NAME: CCC.exe
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x50_nt!MiTrimWorkingSet+c0
Bugcheck code 00000050
Arguments fffff683`fb7ca888 00000000`00000000 fffff800`02f50bc0 00000000`00000002
BiosVersion = 0904
BiosReleaseDate = 11/12/2009
CPUID: "Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz"
MaxSpeed: 2670
CurrentSpeed: 3100
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\FUBAR\_jcgriff2_\dbug\__Kernel__\072411-24414-01.dmp]
Built by: 7601.17592.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.110408-1631
Debug session time: Sun Jul 24 14:30:19.632 2011 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:10:01.600
Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiAgeWorkingSet+1d1 )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x50
PROCESS_NAME: iexplore.exe
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x50_nt!MiAgeWorkingSet+1d1
Bugcheck code 00000050
Arguments fffff683`fb7f46b8 00000000`00000000 fffff800`02e8231b 00000000`00000002
BiosVersion = 0904
BiosReleaseDate = 11/12/2009
CPUID: "Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 920 @ 2.67GHz"
MaxSpeed: 2670
CurrentSpeed: 3100

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/178397-ntoskrnl-exe-bsod.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Here are the dump files, I am not to sure how to recreate the problem, the only thing I know is that:
Windows starts to freeze, take a long time to move/copy files.
Couple minutes later, computer crashes and gets BSOD.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/383635-bsod-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Hi, I have been experiencing shutdowns which I am not sure of the reason behind. I have hibernate and sleep disabled. The computer crashes andshutdown on its own. This is only happening when getting into sleep mode. It will never happen If I am working on the laptop no matter for how long.

I looked in the crash dump and it is always pointing to ntoskrnl.exe but I am not sure of what I need to do.

I have attached the files as advised and hope that you can advice me on what is causing this issue.

thank you in advance.

A:BSOD - Ntoskrnl.exe

Please any advice or help on what might be wrong and how to be fixed.

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/24605-bsod-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Hi all i have windows ultimate everything worked fine till this morning lately i had some bsod appearing in BSOD ntoskrnl Win with 7 and Help oncei n a while but after a couple of reboot everything worked fine again til ltoday Help with BSOD in Win 7 and ntoskrnl when the pc stay on for mintues then get the bsod again i checked the minidump and it appeared that the problem was due to Poweriso virtual drive so i removed the driver the program and everything related Help with BSOD in Win 7 and ntoskrnl to it but still no avail the minidump though mention that the problem is notskrnl exe what it could be i haven t installed anything recently beside that poweriso program and all dirvers are up to date here s the dump hoep someone can help me forgot to add i also have daemont tools as a virtua ldrive but i never had trobules with that although some peopel states ti could eb the problem also in safe mode everything seems to work fine so it must be something related to a software issue and not hardwre as i thought also the windows quot slvinc pc issues quot that appears on the bottom right of teh task bar says this quot Download updates for PX Engine PX Engine has stopped working properly and give me a link to the roxio web page i never had any roxio cd burning programs nor driver or device so i don t know where windows took this thing anyway i installed the driver the link gave me and still no solution nbsp

A:Help with BSOD in Win 7 and ntoskrnl

i need help,if anyone knowas nttyhing,please reply

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-bsod-in-win-7-and-ntoskrnl.157919/
Relevancy 70.52%

Hi All I've been having lots of BSOD's after installing some new drivers on my Windows x system I have re-installed Windows almost times now and i honestly do not understand what the problem is The BSOD's started when I installed some new drivers for my MoBo and SSD drives so I thought I would just do a clean install with all the lates drivers and everything would be OK Well it others and ntoskrnl BSOD hasn't been No matter what I do after the installation of Windows it keeps giving all kids BSOD ntoskrnl and others of BSoD's I have tried installing with all of the latest drivers I could find from the various hardware manufacturers and I have also tried installing with just the latest drivers from my notebook supplier it's a Clevo variant from The Netherlands called BTO But the Blue Screens don't stop I have run Memtest overnight with no errors I have run Prime Small FFT's all day in Safe Mode and all appears to be well But just using the computer to browse etc it can crash at any time I hope the experts here can help me If any information is lacking please ask me BR Elwin

A:BSOD ntoskrnl and others

Notebook: 17" BTO 17CL37 (Clevo variant)
Board: Intel HM67
CPU: Intel Core i7 2920XM
RAM: 2 x OCZ 4GB 1333Mhz
SSD: 2 x Intel 510 Series 250GB in RAID 0
Graphics: Nvidia GeForce 460GTX M

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-ntoskrnl-and-others-670213.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Hi Guys,

I have had 6 BSOD's over the last two days when I look up screen view the area of the crashes is nearly always. They only really started to occur after I updated to SP1. I updated my drivers 2 days ago and the crashes are less frequent I have attached Blu screen view txt files also. Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

ntoskrnl.exe+7fd00

Specs
WIN7 X 64
AMD Phenom ii x 4 840 3.2ghz.
4gb Kingston blu ram 1600mhz (2x2gb)
1.5 tb HDD
OEM OS with SP1 updated.

A:BSOD's in ntoskrnl

There's several possibilities here, but I notice you have avg I have seen similar behavior from avg after installing SP1 before.
If it is the cause simply removing it, and reinstalling it fresh should fix it.

Code:
Probably caused by : NETIO.SYS ( NETIO!NsiEnumerateObjectsAllParametersEx+24f )

---------

2: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (d1)
An attempt was made to access a pageable (or completely invalid) address at an
interrupt request level (IRQL) that is too high. This is usually
caused by drivers using improper addresses.
If kernel debugger is available get stack backtrace.
Arguments:
Arg1: fffff88008de84f0, memory referenced
Arg2: 0000000000000002, IRQL
Arg3: 0000000000000001, value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation
Arg4: fffff880016771af, address which referenced memory

Debugging Details:
------------------
WRITE_ADDRESS: GetPointerFromAddress: unable to read from fffff80002abb100
fffff88008de84f0

CURRENT_IRQL: 2

FAULTING_IP:
ndis!ndisReferenceTopMiniportByNameForNsi+ef
fffff880`016771af 88842490000000 mov byte ptr [rsp+90h],al

BUGCHECK_STR: 0xD1

PROCESS_NAME: svchost.exe

TRAP_FRAME: fffff88008de72d0 -- (.trap 0xfffff88008de72d0)
NOTE: The trap frame does not contain all registers.
Some register values may be zeroed or incorrect.
rax=0000000000000002 rbx=0000000000000000 rcx=fffffa8004d86198
rdx=0000000000000002 rsi=0000000000000000 rdi=0000000000000000
rip=fffff880016771af rsp=fffff88008de7460 rbp=0000000000000002
r8=0000000000000000 r9=0000000000000000 r10=0000000000000000
r11=0000000000000002 r12=0000000000000000 r13=0000000000000000
r14=0000000000000000 r15=0000000000000000
iopl=0 nv up ei ng nz na po nc
ndis!ndisReferenceTopMiniportByNameForNsi+0xef:
fffff880`016771af 88842490000000 mov byte ptr [rsp+90h],al ss:0018:fffff880`08de74f0=02
Resetting default scope

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from fffff8000288b2a9 to fffff8000288bd00

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`08de7188 fffff800`0288b2a9 : 00000000`0000000a fffff880`08de84f0 00000000`00000002 00000000`00000001 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`08de7190 fffff800`02889f20 : 00000000`00000001 00000000`00000000 fffff8a0`018c5060 fffffa80`04d0d1a0 : nt!KiBugCheckDispatch+0x69
fffff880`08de72d0 fffff880`016771af : fffffa80`04d86198 fffff800`028a6a62 00000000`80200020 00000000`00000001 : nt!KiPageFault+0x260
fffff880`08de7460 fffff880`01678c17 : fffffa80`044603b8 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000002 fffffa80`04460100 : ndis!ndisReferenceTopMiniportByNameForNsi+0xef
fffff880`08de74e0 fffff880`01767aab : 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`00000008 00000000`00000290 fffffa80`00000238 : ndis!ndisNsiEnumerateAllInterfaceInformation+0x1e8
fffff880`08de75d0 fffff880`04a9de29 : fffffa80`04460000 fffff8a0`00000070 fffffa80`04a0cfb0 00000000`01b0f550 : NETIO!NsiEnumerateObjectsAllParametersEx+0x24f
fffff880`08de77b0 fffff880`04a9f8e8 : fffffa80`04a0cfb0 fffffa80`04a0cee0 00000000`00000003 fffffa80`04a0cf18 : nsiproxy!NsippEnumerateObjectsAllParameters+0x305
fffff880`08de79a0 fffff880`04a9f9db : fffffa80`04d80bc0 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000001 00000000`00000003 : nsiproxy!NsippDispatchDeviceControl+0x70
fffff880`08de79e0 fffff800`02ba6127 : fffffa80`06639320 fffffa80`06639320 fffffa80`04a0cff8 fffffa80`04a0cee0 : nsiproxy!NsippDispatch+0x4b
fffff880`08de7a10 fffff800`02ba6986 : 00000000`01b0f3d0 00000000`0000059c 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!IopXxxControlFile+0x607
fffff880`08de7b40 fffff800`0288af93 : fffffa80`05de9060 00000000`01b0f3b8 fffff88... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/179372-bsods-ntoskrnl.html
Relevancy 70.52%

hello there i have tried to fix this bsod by myself but to no avail so far i am running a dell laptop which stopped ntoskrnl.exe will bsod. help. any yet appreciate another showing his screen yet another ntoskrnl.exe bsod. will appreciate any help. few weeks ago and i had to format in there is a longer story but i suspect yet another ntoskrnl.exe bsod. will appreciate any help. it's irrelevant anyway since i have reinstalled win i see these bsod which is not very nice of the laptop to do there is no specific cause i could recognize as the cause of the bsod any help will be very very much appreciated thanks info and zip attached OS - Windows x What was original installed OS on system win Is the OS an OEM version came pre-installed on system or full retail version YOU purchased it from retailer OEM Age of system hardware about years Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS reinstalled few weeks ago CPU i Video Card- intel grafics MotherBoard- dell's original Power Supply - brand amp wattage dell's original A System Manufacturer dell Exact model number if laptop check label on bottom inspiron R thanks again

A:yet another ntoskrnl.exe bsod. will appreciate any help.

Code:
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\awiedeman\Desktop\TSF\Windows7_Vista_jcgriff2\121613-22885-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

Symbol search path is: SRV*f:\localsymbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7601 (Service Pack 1) MP (8 procs) Free x64
Built by: 7601.18247.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.130828-1532
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`02c54000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`02e976d0
Debug session time: Mon Dec 16 11:01:18.467 2013 (UTC - 5:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 17:14:01.357
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 7A, {fffff6fc40054fb8, ffffffffc000009d, 1a5698be0, fffff8800a9f7000}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+36c1a )

---------

6: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR (7a)
The requested page of kernel data could not be read in. Typically caused by
a bad block in the paging file or disk controller error. Also see
KERNEL_STACK_INPAGE_ERROR.
If the error status is 0xC000000E, 0xC000009C, 0xC000009D or 0xC0000185,
it means the disk subsystem has experienced a failure.
If the error status is 0xC000009A, then it means the request failed because
a filesystem failed to make forward progress.
Arguments:
Arg1: fffff6fc40054fb8, lock type that was held (value 1,2,3, or PTE address)
Arg2: ffffffffc000009d, error status (normally i/o status code)
Arg3: 00000001a5698be0, current process (virtual address for lock type 3, or PTE)
Arg4: fffff8800a9f7000, virtual address that could not be in-paged (or PTE contents if arg1 is a PTE address)

Debugging Details:
------------------

ERROR_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc000009d - STATUS_DEVICE_NOT_CONNECTED

DISK_HARDWARE_ERROR: There was error with disk hardware

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x7a_c000009d

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from fffff80002d3c752 to fffff80002cc9bc0

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`0354e708 fffff800`02d3c752 : 00000000`0000007a fffff6fc`40054fb8 ffffffff`c000009d 00000001`a5698be0 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`0354e710 fffff800`02cf091f : fffffa80`07087010 fffff880`0354e880 fffff800`02f04540 fffffa80`07087010 : nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+0x36c1a
fffff880`0354e7f0 fffff800`02cd71b9 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000001 ffffffff`ffffffff fffff800`02ce8843 : nt!MiIssueHardFault+0x28b
fffff880`0354e8c0 fffff800`02cfd6e0 : 00000000`00000001 fffff880`0a9f7000 fffffa80`0b73c000 fffff6fc`40054f90 : nt!MmAccessFault+0x1399
fffff880`0354ea20 fffff800`02cfd8d0 : fffffa80`07129b50 00000000`00000001 fffffa80`00000000 fffff800`02cfa70b : nt!MiInPageSingleKernelStack+0x134
fffff880`0354eb30 fffff800`02cfd85f : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000001 fffffa80... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/yet-another-ntoskrnl-exe-bsod-will-appreciate-any-help-766978.html
Relevancy 70.52%

I have been BSoD ntoskrnl getting multiple BSoD on windows since the released BSoD ntoskrnl version came out had little to no issue with tech previews Here are BSoD ntoskrnl the steps I did to try and solve my issues sfc scannow dism dism online cleanup-image restorehealth updated drivers manually memtest tried one stick of memory at a time in different ports ran Driver Verifier contacted microsoft o help from them now here's what pisses me off reinstalled windows wiped hard drive started from scratch and I am still getting the errors at this point I have no clue what's wrong any thoughts Edit forgot to add this info Is the OS is full retail version Approximate age of system hardware everything is custom built I'd say the oldest parts are up to years newest a year Approximate age of OS installation if you know Have you re-installed the OS yes CPU fx Video Card r MotherBoard if NOT a laptop ASrock performance Power Supply - brand amp wattage if NOT a laptop corsair GS Laptop or Desktop desktop

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-ntoskrnl-1044305.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Keep Getting ntoskrnl.exe driver causing Memory_Management BSOD

Thanks in advance

Running a Memtest and multiple errors are coming up...Will try and remove sticks until error goes away.

A:ntoskrnl.exe bsod

Quote:

Running a Memtest and multiple errors are coming up...Will try and remove sticks until error goes away.

Sounds like you've already pinpointed the issue. Let us know if you find the culprit stick(s).

Regards,

Patrick

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/ntoskrnl-exe-bsod-661563.html
Relevancy 70.52%

This is a machine that I built a year ago or so. Over the last 2 months, I have been getting occasional bsod and can't seem to fix the problem. They usually happen when the computer is at rest, meaning it has been idle for a while or is just playing music. When I'm gaming, or other cpu intensive tasks it never seems to crash...

I've run Memtest+ and Driver Verifier with no errors. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Specs:
CPU: Intel Core i5 2.8GHz
MOBO: Asus P7P55D-E Pro
RAM: 8GB Corsair XMS3
SOUND: Creative SB X-Fi
DISPLAY: Samsung Syncmaster 1920x1080

I would appreciate some assistance if anyone could take a look at the dump files for me. Thanks.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/179251-bsod-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 70.52%

I've been having random BSODs that seem to have started a few weeks ago when I encrypted my wireless router. Attached are my mini dump files but the most common problem seems to be with ntoskrnl.exe and nwifi.sys. I haven't installed any new hardware or software and all my drivers are updated. I've run Avast and malwarerbytes insafe mode and nothing has turned up. My Interenet connection has slowed to a crawl and it disconnects occassionally. I'm usng Windows 7. Any ideas how to fix this?

A:BSOD w/ntoskrnl.exe

Hi -

Your wifi USB driver is the probable cause on all dumps -

Code:
athrxusb.sys Tue Jul 29 08:47:13 2008 (488F1151)

http://www.sysnative.com/drivers/driver.php?id=athrxusb.sys

It's a driver written by Atheros; not usually easy to find an update for.

It is way too old for a fully updated 2012 Windows 7 SP1 system.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

BSOD SUMMARY

Code:

Debug session time: Tue Oct 2 19:25:51.415 2012 (GMT-4)
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\PalmDesert\SysnativeBSODApps\100212-13509-01.dmp]
System Uptime: 0 days 0:55:32.039
BugCheck 1E, {0, 0, 0, 0}
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for athrxusb.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for athrxusb.sys
Probably caused by : nwifi.sys ( nwifi!Pt6RepackRecvNBL+103 )
Bugcheck code 0000001E
Arguments 00000000`00000000, The exception code that was not handled 00000000`00000000, The address that the exception occurred at 00000000`00000000, Parameter 0 of the exception 00000000`00000000, Parameter 1 of the exception
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x1E
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x1E_nwifi!Pt6RepackRecvNBL+103
BiosVersion = A06
BiosReleaseDate = 12/01/2010
SystemManufacturer = Dell Inc.
SystemProductName = Inspiron 560
Debug session time: Tue Oct 2 18:29:26.613 2012 (GMT-4)
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\PalmDesert\SysnativeBSODApps\100212-13447-01.dmp]
System Uptime: 0 days 3:24:36.236
BugCheck 1E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff88005cd7370, 0, 0}
Probably caused by : NETIO.SYS ( NETIO!NetioAllocateAndReferenceCloneNetBufferList+32 )
Bugcheck code 0000001E
Arguments ffffffff`c0000005, The exception code that was not handled fffff880`05cd7370, The address that the exception occurred at 00000000`00000000, Parameter 0 of the exception 00000000`00000000, Parameter 1 of the exception
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x1E
PROCESS_NAME: svchost.exe
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x1E_NETIO!NetioAllocateAndReferenceCloneNetBufferList+32
BiosVersion = A06
Debug session time: Tue Oct 2 14:44:15.141 2012 (GMT-4)
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\PalmDesert\SysnativeBSODApps\100212-13774-01.dmp]
System Uptime: 0 days 6:50:38.764
BugCheck C2, {99, fffffa800479a010, 0, 0}
Probably caused by : afd.sys ( afd!AfdFreeConnectionEx+72 )
Bugcheck code 000000c2
Arguments 00000000`00000099, Attempt to free pool with invalid address (or corruption in pool header) fffffa80`0479a010, Address being freed 00000000`00000000, 0 00000000`00000000, 0
BUGCHECK_STR: 0xc2_99
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0xc2_99_afd!AfdFreeConnectionEx+72
BiosVersion = A06
Debug session time: Mon Oct 1 21:40:33.606 2012 (GMT-4)
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\PalmDesert\SysnativeBSODApps\100112-13993-01.dmp]
System Upt... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-w-ntoskrnl-exe-669653.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Hello, I've been having some insane issues with BSOD lately. It doesn't seem to happen at any time in particular, just whenever it feels like it, it seems. I just installed a new Graphics card, and it's happened a few times since. Before the new card, I got just one BSOD-- but never knew to jot down the codes, and never knew what a minidump was....etc. I've attached my minidump folder for my last four BSOD's. Could you please help me to find out what is causing this?

Relevancy 70.52%

Hi i have a problem with my computer that i cannot solve on my own. it started way back when i formattet it because it was getting stuffed with all kind of things, i read a little around and found out that i could read these minidumps with a program called bluescreenview, i did. i found out that the problem was ntoskrnl.exe that caused it but sometimes with other drivers, but almost all of the minidumps it seems that its caused by ntoskrnl.exe, but i cant figure this out so asking somebody to help me with this

My specs are following

Cpu: Intel core i7 920 default clock
Motherboard: Asus x58 p6t
Ram: 3 2gb ocz platinium
Gpu: Asus EAH5850 Directcu
HDD: WDD 500 gb and a 200 gb
and edimax wifi card

And i could keep uploading minidumps like these please response asap

A:Ntoskrnl.exe bsod

Quote: Originally Posted by Darksoil

Hi i have a problem with my computer that i cannot solve on my own. it started way back when i formattet it because it was getting stuffed with all kind of things, i read a little around and found out that i could read these minidumps with a program called bluescreenview, i did. i found out that the problem was ntoskrnl.exe that caused it but sometimes with other drivers, but almost all of the minidumps it seems that its caused by ntoskrnl.exe, but i cant figure this out so asking somebody to help me with this

My specs are following

Cpu: Intel core i7 920 default clock
Motherboard: Asus x58 p6t
Ram: 3 2gb ocz platinium
Gpu: Asus EAH5850 Directcu
HDD: WDD 500 gb and a 200 gb
and edimax wifi card

And i could keep uploading minidumps like these please response asap

Memory corruption probably caused by a driver. please run these two tests

1-Memtest. Download a copy of Memtest86 and burn the ISO to a CD using Iso Recorder or another ISO burning program.

Boot from the CD, and leave it running for at least 5 or 6 passes.

Just remember, any time Memtest reports errors, it can be either bad RAM or a bad motherboard slot.

Test the sticks individually, and if you find a good one, test it in all slots.

2-Driver verifier

Quote:
I'd suggest that you first backup your stuff and then make sure you've got access to another computer so you can contact us if problems arise. Then make a System Restore point (so you can restore the system using the Vista/Win7 Startup Repair feature).

In Windows 7 you can make a Startup Repair disk by going to Start....All Programs...Maintenance...Create a System Repair Disc - with Windows Vista you'll have to use your installation disk or the "Repair your computer" option at the top of the Safe Mode menu .

Then, here's the procedure:
- Go to Start and type in "verifier" (without the quotes) and press Enter
- Select "Create custom settings (for code developers)" and click "Next"
- Select "Select individual settings from a full list" and click "Next"
- Select everything EXCEPT FOR "Low Resource Simulation" and click "Next"
- Select "Select driver names from a list" and click "Next"
Then select all drivers NOT provided by Microsoft and click "Next"
- Select "Finish" on the next page.

Reboot the system and wait for it to crash to the Blue Screen. Continue to use your system normally, and if you know what causes the crash, do that repeatedly. The objective here is to get the system to crash because Driver Verifier is stressing the drivers out. If it doesn't crash for you, then let it run for at least 36 hours of continuous operation (an estimate on my part).

If you can't get into Windows because it crashes too soon, try it in Safe Mode.
If you can't get into Safe Mode, try using System Restore from your installation DVD to set the system back to the previous restore point that you created.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/179162-ntoskrnl-exe-bsod.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Random occurrence of bsods have been happening most recently due to my drivers being corrupted. Can someone take a look at them to tell me what I have to update to resolve this.

A:BSOD > Please Help ntoskrnl.exe

Hi emh1989,

Download and run the 'SF_Diagnostic_Tool.exe file' as suggested in the tutorial link for better 'BSOD analysis': Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

After download, click 'Grab all' to capture the Mini-Dump, Event Logs, Update Logs, Driver List and MGDiag reports. Apart from the 'Mini dump' the information in these files is vital for investigation.

Do reply with the information; would be glad to assist.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/279557-bsod-please-help-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Recently upgraded to Win and have been have once-daily BSOD Gateway LX - three months ntoskrnl.exe bsod old Two HDD in same machine same issue with both OEM disc upgraded from Vista Added HDD from an old XP machine formatted and clean installed Win Upgraded ntoskrnl.exe bsod to HIS Radeon card immediately after purchase Installed Whocrashed to analyze the crashdump files multiple duplicates of the following result Code On Sun PM your computer crashed This was likely caused by the following module ntoskrnl exe Bugcheck code x F x xFFFFFA xFFFFF B C xFFFFFA Error DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE Dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmp file path C Windows system ntoskrnl exe product Microsoft Windows Operating System company Microsoft Corporation description NT Kernel amp System The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module Your system configuration may be incorrect possibly the culprit may be another driver on your system which cannot be identified at this time Two examples of the following result Code On Sun PM your computer crashed This was likely caused by the following module ntoskrnl exe Bugcheck code x A x F DD x x xFFFFF D CA Error IRQL GT ZERO AT SYSTEM SERVICE Dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmp file path C Windows system ntoskrnl exe product Microsoft Windows Operating System company Microsoft Corporation description NT Kernel amp System The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module Your system configuration may be incorrect possibly the culprit may be another driver on your system which cannot be identified at this time These bsod occur mostly when the machine is not in use with no applications running I decided to check whether the video card drivers were causing the problem ran the quot verify quot command on just the two ATI drivers Rebooted and found the machine now crashed immediately after completion of the boot process Removed the software and drivers for the video card physically removed the card No difference crashed immediately after completion of the boot process Reinstalled Win and am back to once daily crash I have added nothing to the machine except Firefox and Zone Alarm Also I have a LeCie firewire external HDD that used to be recognized but no longer

Hi -

"ntoskrnl.exe" = the Windows NT Kernel. It is the default blame for a BSOD probable cause.

Get rid of Zone-Alarm. It is notorious for causing BSODs.

The 0x9f (0x3,,,) bugcheck = driver in an inconsistent power state and blocking an IRP (I/O Request Packets ) for too long a time. Typically, I have found 3rd party firewalls involved in 0x9f crashes. Z/A fits this scenario perfectly.

Zone Alarm Removal --> http://server.iad.liveperson.net/hc/...97&action=view

Post Z/A removal, reset the Windows Firewall to its default settings -
START | type FirewallSettings.exe into the start search box | click on FirewallSettings.exe above | select the Advanced Tab | click on "Restore Defaults" | Click Apply, OK

I would recommend MS Security Essentials --> http://www.microsoft.com/Security_Essentials/

See if BSODs persist.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/ntoskrnl-exe-bsod-461685.html
Relevancy 70.52%

I have been receiving BSOD's for a while now. I went ahead and uninstalled Panda Security (one BSOD pointed to it) and all of the files along with it . Ran memtest86 and on the 9th pass it had one error. Does that mean it's a faulty module? Can you guys see if there's anything else I should be doing? I really appreciate the help.

Thanks
Andrew

Code:
BugCheck 1E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff80002c83945, 0, ffffffffffffffff}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!ExpInterlockedPopEntrySListFault16+0 )

---------

Code:
BugCheck 1000007E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff80002c9cf5c, fffff880009a99d8, fffff880009a9230}

Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MmZeroPageThread+883 )

---------

Code:
BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff80002c88dc5, fffff880027fc9e0, 0}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!ExpInterlockedPopEntrySListFault16+0 )

---------
Test your RAM modules for possible errors. How to Test and Diagnose RAM Issues with Memtest86+
Run memtest86+ for at least 8 consecutive passes.

If it start showing errors/red lines, stop testing. A single error is enough to determine that something is going bad there.

It it does not show any error, enable Driver Verifier to monitor the drivers. Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable
Run Driver Verifier for 24 hours or the occurrence of the next crash, whichever is earlier.

Information
Why Driver Verifier:
It puts a stress on the drivers, ans so it makes the unstable drivers crash. Hopefully the driver that crashes is recorded in the memory dump.

How Can we know that DV is enabled:
It will make the system bit of slow, laggy.

Warning
Before enabling DV, make it sure that you have earlier System restore points made in your computer. You can check it easily by using CCleaner looking at Tools > System Restore.

If there is no points, make a System Restore Point manually before enabling DV.

Tip

If you fail to get on the Desktop because of DV, Boot into Advanced Boot Options > Safe mode. Disable DV there. Now boot normally again, and try following the instruction of enabling DV again.
If you cannot boot in Safe mode too, do a System Restore to a point you made earlier.

Let us know the results, with the subsequent crash dumps, if any.
HP OEM on Asus

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/367488-ntoskrnl-exe-bsod.html
Relevancy 70.52%

I came across a BSOD randomly about a month ago and didn't think to ntoskrnl.exe BSOD associated much of it i still BSOD ntoskrnl.exe associated was able to do everything that i did before after the initial BSOD After a while however they became more and more frequent I started trying to debug the problem using verifier exe whocrashed and BSOD ntoskrnl.exe associated other program's to try and find a cause of the BSOD After using this software I found some clue to what the problem might be Here's the most recent Who Crashed report On Thu PM GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmp This was probably caused by the following module ntoskrnl exe nt x EFC Bugcheck code xE xFFFFF x xFFFFFA B xFFFFFA B Error WORKER THREAD RETURNED AT BAD IRQL file path C Windows system ntoskrnl exe product Microsoft Windows Operating System company Microsoft Corporation description NT Kernel amp System Bug check description This indicates that a worker thread completed and returned with IRQL at DISPATCH LEVEL or above This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem The crash took place in the Windows kernel Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time On Thu PM GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows memory dmp This was probably caused by the following module ntkrnlmp exe nt KeBugCheckEx x Bugcheck code xE xFFFFF x xFFFFFA B xFFFFFA B Error WORKER THREAD RETURNED AT BAD IRQL Bug check description This indicates that a worker thread completed and returned with IRQL at DISPATCH LEVEL or above This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem The crash took place in the Windows kernel Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time Im about out of idea's because the verifier exe seems to be stopping the system from BSOD in the usual spot's like starting Diablo and clicking on my Fantasy live cast for my ESPN fantasy football If you guys could help that would be great Thanks CAP

A:BSOD ntoskrnl.exe associated

Sorry i didn't the tool finish so not all my information was in the file... Here is an updated zipped folder with another BSOD Dump file inside. Hope you can help

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/266672-bsod-ntoskrnl-exe-associated.html
Relevancy 70.52%

tried everything i could with this blue screen.

BS viewer give me..

==================================================
Dump File : 093014-74521-01.dmp
Crash Time : 9/30/2014 11:38:48 AM
Caused By Address : ntoskrnl.exe+70700
Bug Check String : BAD_POOL_CALLER
Bug Check Code : 0x000000c2
Parameter 1 : 00000000`00000007
Parameter 2 : 00000000`00001097
Parameter 3 : 00000000`00000000
Parameter 4 : fffff8a0`16271010
Caused By Driver : ntoskrnl.exe
File Description : NT Kernel & System
Product Name : Microsoft? Windows? Operating System
Company : Microsoft Corporation
File Version : 6.1.7600.16792 (win7_gdr.110408-1633)
Processor : x64
Crash Address : ntoskrnl.exe+70700
Dump File Time : 9/30/2014 11:41:00 AM
Stack Address 1 :
Stack Address 2 :
Computer Name :
Full Path : C:\Windows\Minidump\093014-74521-01.dmp
Processors Count : 2
Major Version : 15
Minor Version : 7600
Dump File Size : 278,104

researched to no avail. still gets a crash.

any help?

A:bsod ntoskrnl

Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/347292-bsod-ntoskrnl.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Hello,

during the past ~3 weeks I've had 3 ntoskrnl.exe BSOD and I don't know what the problem is.. Software, hardware ? So I'm hoping you guys can help me.

Memtest86+ ran on each RAM module for 8 passes without errors. CrystalDiskInfo shows that my SSD&HDD are in good health.

My desktop specs:
Full retail Win7 64-bit (also the original OS installed)
RAM, CPU, Motherboard are about 5 weeks old, GPU&PSU are 3,5 years old, SSD 1 -1,5 years old, HDD 5-8 months
Re-installed OS 5 weeks ago

CPU: Intel i5 4590
Motherboard: Asrock z87m Extreme4
GPU: Club3D 6950 2GB
PSU: XFX Pro 750watt
SSD: Crucial M4 64 gb
HDD: Seagate desktop HDD 1TB

See attachements for perfmon & sysnative file. I've also had Driver Verifier enabled and shortly after enabling DV, my system crashed. Dumpfile of that BSOD is also included.

A:ntoskrnl.exe BSOD's

Can I have a Kernel memory dump as it will help identify the problem easier.

Go the Start
Right click My Computer
Select Properties
Click Advanced system settings
Click on the Advanced tab
Select Settings under Startup and Recovery
Then under Write debugging information select Kernel memory dump.

Once a dump is created go to:

Code:
C:\Windows\memory.dmp
Copy the file to the desktop, zip it up and upload it to a file sharing site like Onedrive. After the upload is done post the download link in your next reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/ntoskrnl-exe-bsods-898658.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Installed WIn 7 32 SP1(for Battlefield 3). Newer have such problem on XP.

system specs:
Ram: 4g (memory tested)
Processor: Intel Quad core Q6600 2.4
Motherboard: ASUS P5e3 deluxe
Graphics: MSI Ti 560

Also Heroes 6;World of tanks works fine(can play all day no problem).

But Battlefield 3 crashes.

I have already read a lot of forums. I used bluescreenview but still dont know what to do.(flredy done memory test;chdsc).

And still nothunf updated all drivers and it still crashes.

It is often ntoskrnl.exe.

As to be honest i don t know what to do with it.

There two minidump files.

http://animetanks.clan.su/102511-22339-01.dmp
http://animetanks.clan.su/102511-23072-01.dmp

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/ntoskrnl-bsod-608427.html
Relevancy 70.52%

I have been getting at least one BSOD every day for the past few months and only recently has it gotten really bad. I can barely do anything when i turn on my PC before it crashes. I have the log from dm log collector here. if you need anymore information please ask.

Specs:
intel i3 3790
Sapphire radeon 7850 2gb
8g Gskill ripjaws RAM
GIGABYTE: Z87M-D3H
Corsair cx 500 watt power supply
Windows 7 hoem premium 64 bit

Test your HDD using Data Lifeguard Diagnostic for Windows. Take both the short test and the extended test. Let us know the results.

Code:
BugCheck F4, {3, fffffa8008f34b30, fffffa8008f34e10, fffff800031c1940}

----- ETW minidump data unavailable-----
Probably caused by : wininit.exe

---------

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/369117-ntoskrnl-exe-bsod.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Ive had two pretty much random BSOD where I have just been browsing the internet and the other was while I was gaming (League of Legends). I have the two dump files and all the other files that SF Diagnostics pulled.

A:BSOD, hal.dll & ntoskrnl.exe

X64_0x124_GenuineIntel :
Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try

This is a hardware issue just about everytime. If your overclocking stop, and revert. Clean out your system of dust, and follow the link above for the most likely solution to this problem.
IF you would like run these stress test to help diagnose and rule out the issue.
Stresstests:
Ram : RAM - Test with Memtest86+
General hardware: Hardware - Stress Test With Prime95 ( (Three pre-set configurations are available: Small FFTs and In-place FFTs, and Blend. Small and In-place modes primarily test the FPU and the caches of the CPU, whereas the Blend mode tests everything, including the memory.)
Graphics: Video Card - Stress Test with Furmark (Do the above Graphics test only with the latest drivers, and then Run it until the temperatures stop increasing; should be less then 10 minutes. If you don't see any crazy glitches or distortion on the screen, The test most likely passed. Take note if the Temperature gets too high, or you see Visual artifact - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia to stop the test.)
Also run and upload the latest dumps, you gain from using this : Driver verifier: Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable
Please update your specs here. : System info update : System Info - See Your System Specs
System specs page: http://www.sevenforums.com/profile.php?do=extra

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/253460-bsod-hal-dll-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 70.52%

On Sun 5/23/2010 11:47:50 PM your computer crashed
This was likely caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe
Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC0000005, 0xFFFFF80002FA590D, 0xFFFFF8800796CF20, 0x0)
Error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
Dump file: C:\Windows\minidump\052310-43727-01.dmp
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft? Windows? Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect, possibly the culprit is in another driver on your system which cannot be identified at this time.

I went to Windows Update and no new drivers were available.

Download link:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5408759/052310-32261-01.dmp

Quote: Originally Posted by iHistorical

On Sun 5/23/2010 11:47:50 PM your computer crashed
This was likely caused by the following module: ntoskrnl.exe
Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC0000005, 0xFFFFF80002FA590D, 0xFFFFF8800796CF20, 0x0)
Error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
Dump file: C:\Windows\minidump\052310-43727-01.dmp
file path: C:\Windows\system32\ntoskrnl.exe
product: Microsoft? Windows? Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: NT Kernel & System
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect, possibly the culprit is in another driver on your system which cannot be identified at this time.

I went to Windows Update and no new drivers were available.

Download link:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/5408759/052310-32261-01.dmp

This one is obvious. Your video driver. You need to remove all traces of the current driver and then download and install a frash copy.

Code:
Built by: 7600.16539.amd64fre.win7_gdr.100226-1909
Debug session time: Sun May 23 20:34:09.186 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:10:05.168
BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff8800448fa6d, fffff88008b939e0, 0}
Probably caused by : dxgkrnl.sys ( dxgkrnl!DXGDEVICE::DestroyAllocations+a5 )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x3B
PROCESS_NAME: dwm.exe
Let us know if you need help

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/86915-ntoskrnl-exe-bsod.html
Relevancy 70.52%

I reformatted my computer yesterday but today after everything was complete I ran a scan of Hitman Pro I know im not BSOD ntoskrnl.exe infected I just use it everynight before I shut down my pc and before it ended I got a BSOD I used the application whocrashed and it gave more info On Fri AM GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmp This was probably caused by the following module ntoskrnl exe nt x BC Bugcheck code x xFFFFF A x xFFFFF ECE FB x Error PAGE FAULT BSOD ntoskrnl.exe IN NONPAGED BSOD ntoskrnl.exe AREA file path C Windows system ntoskrnl exe product Microsoft Windows Operating System company Microsoft Corporation description NT Kernel amp System Bug check description This indicates that invalid system memory has been BSOD ntoskrnl.exe referenced This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem The crash took place in the Windows kernel Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time I also attached the DMP file as well I would apprieciate it if anyone can assist me to this error Edit I cant attach the DMP file

I know this is probably a dumb question, but a format implies a complete reinstall of Windows (7?). Most motherboard drivers are picked up by the installer, but a few, like video, audio, and the NIC drivers have to be loaded separately. Did they get installed?.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/514105/bsod-ntoskrnlexe/
Relevancy 70.52%

Using a Lenovo Y410p laptop running Win 8.1, keep getting Driver Power State Failure BSOD, always a few minutes after awaking my laptop from sleep. Have posted my problem on 4 other forums, still waiting for a solution.

A:BSOD Win 8.1 ntoskrnl

A lot of startup items. Please disable them. Update drivers in red and disable nVidia Streaming Kernel Service within services.msc. Uninstall Daemon Tools. What devices are connected via USB?

Code:
LhdX64.sys Mon Jan 11 16:06:58 2010 (4B4B3E92)
Lenovo HD Disk Driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=LhdX64.sys

SCDEmu.SYS Wed Jun 15 10:29:27 2011 (4DF86D67)

SCDEmu.SYS - this driver hasn't been added to the DRT as of this run. Please search Google/Bing for the driver if additional information is needed.

GEARAspiWDM.sys Thu May 3 21:56:17 2012 (4FA2E2E1)
CD-ROM Class Filter Driver by Gear Software.[br]Also comes with iTunes
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=GEARAspiWDM.sys

wsvd.sys Wed Jun 13 11:10:30 2012 (4FD85906)

wsvd.sys - this driver hasn't been added to the DRT as of this run. Please search Google/Bing for the driver if additional information is needed.

X5XSEx_Pr148.Sys Thu Aug 2 14:51:27 2012 (501A77CF)
Exent Technologies EXETender X5XSEx Kernel Mode Driver. Appears related to FreeRide Games
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=X5XSEx_Pr148.Sys

avgfwd6a.sys Tue Sep 4 10:31:15 2012 (5045BC53)
AVG
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=avgfwd6a.sys

AcpiVpc.sys Sun Feb 17 02:52:02 2013 (512037C2)
Lenovo ACPI Virtual Power Controller
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=AcpiVpc.sys

SynTP.sys Sat Mar 9 00:29:46 2013 (513A746A)
Synaptic Touch Pad Driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=SynTP.sys

rtsuvc.sys Fri Mar 15 05:23:10 2013 (5142A22E)
Realtek UVC webcam Driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=rtsuvc.sys

AMPPAL.sys Thu Apr 11 11:10:48 2013 (51667E18)
Intel? Centrino? Bluetooth 3.0 + High Speed Virtual Adapter driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=AMPPAL.sys

iBtFltCoex.sys Thu Apr 18 16:17:24 2013 (51700074)
Intel Centrino Wireless (Bluetooth Adapter driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=iBtFltCoex.sys

usb3Hub.sys Thu May 16 09:23:06 2013 (5194895A)

usb3Hub.sys - this driver hasn't been added to the DRT as of this run. Please search Google/Bing for the driver if additional information is needed.

Smb_driver_Intel.sys Mon Jun 3 22:43:55 2013 (51AD000B)

Smb_driver_Intel.sys - this driver hasn't been added to the DRT as of this run. Please search Google/Bing for the driver if additional information is needed.

dtsoftbus01.sys Thu Jun 20 09:22:51 2013 (51C2ADCB)
Daemon Tools driver [br] Possible BSOD issues in Win7
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=dtsoftbus01.sys

avgmfx64.sys Mon Jul 1 01:28:29 2013 (51D0BF1D)
AVG Mini-Filter Resident Anti-Virus Shield
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=avgmfx64.sys

TeeDriverx64.sys Tue Jul 2 20:38:08 2013 (51D31E10)
Intel Management Engine Interface driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=TeeDriverx64.sys

L1C63x64.sys Tue Jul 16 08:56:31 2013 (51E4EE9F)
Qualcomm Atheros AR8151 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller (NDIS 6.30)
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=L1C63x64.sys

avgloga.sys Sat Jul 20 01:33:16 2013 (51E9CCBC)
AVG Logging Driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=avgloga.sys

avgidsha.sys Sat Jul 20 01:33:32 2013 (51E9CCCC)
AVG IDS Application Activity Monitor Helper Driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=avgidsha.sys

btmaux.sys Mon Jul 22 16:19:46 2013 (51ED3F82)
Intel Bluetooth Auxiliary Service
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=btmaux.sys

iaStorA.sys Fri Aug 2 03:39:52 2013 (51FB0DE8)
Intel RST (Rapid Storage Technology) driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=iaStorA.sys

dump_iaStorA.sys Fri Aug 2 03:39:52 2013 (51FB0DE8)
driver created to provide disk access during crash dump file generation
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=dump_iaStorA.sys

intelppm.sys Thu Aug 22 10:46:35 2013 (5215CFEB)
Intel Processor driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=int... Read more

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/61845-bsod-win-8-1-ntoskrnl.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Asus laptop, i7, 8gb, new condition, with windows 7 home premium, HD 6730M
TOday suffered a BSOD, ran the bluescreenview program and saw this (image 1) which states the problematic driver is ntoskrnl.exe.
What could be wrong?
I have included the dump file just in case someone wants to debug it...
thanx for your help.

A:BSOD due to ntoskrnl.exe?

We really could use more than one DMP file but this one is related to a memory access violation probably Related to ASMMAP64.sys Memory mapping Driver from ASUS. I would run memtest and driver verifier to narrow the underlying driver. I would also update the above driver to the most current.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/226024-bsod-due-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 70.52%

I've seen so many post about this quot ntoskrnl exe quot causing blue screen of death on Windows but none of these have the same problem as I do So I will try to best explain my issue My BSOD happens whenever I play long periods of time - World of Tanks It happens at random most during actual play in battle not while I am in the main screen or lobby of the game just during battles Some times the game it's will crash or the whole computer will crash with the BSOD I've checked the dump crash files using a BlueScreenOfDeath software They all point to quot ntoskrnl exe quot but once in awhile there will be a quot tcpip sys quot along with the quot ntoskml exe quot PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLE UNEXPECTED KERNAL MODE TRAP SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION DRIVER CORRUPTED XPOOL IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL lt --- most frequent I've tried all the test out there about my Hard with BSOD ntoskrnl.exe help Drive Diag and my Memory Diag and they all come back clear as a whistle BSOD help with ntoskrnl.exe I will attach acouple of my crash dump report for review Any help would be greatly BSOD help with ntoskrnl.exe appreciated Gigabyte GA-MA GM-S H rev AMD Phenom II x Gzh True Quad Core Cache Thermaltake TR -R CPU Cooler Patriot Viper Series DDR PC Mzh Western Digital Caviar SE SATA Western Digital Green SATA Gb TB Samsung DVD Writer SH-S SATA CoolMax CU Modular Power Supply W EVGA Nvidia GeForce GTX Ti Windows Professional bit

A:BSOD help with ntoskrnl.exe

Additional information is required.

1. Download this .BAT file to your desktop

2. Right-click the .BAT file and 'Run as Administrator'
3. Locate the .ZIP file created on your desktop, and upload it here in your next reply.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/320336-bsod-help-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Hi,

I have just inherited a Win7 Pro laptop and recently have had 2 or 3 BSOD.  Most of the dumps show ntoskrnl.exe to be the issue, however after a lot of Googling, most people are advising that this could be because this was just the last driver to be used before it crashed?

Also looking at the past .dmp it looks like there has been numerous "Bug Check Strings" such as BAD_POOL_HEADER / SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION etc.

I am going to run a memtest tonight (but need to use the laptop today so will have to wait until tonight).  However, in the mean time, I have attached the output from BlueScreenView as a text doc and if anyone with more experience of troubleshooting BSODs could advise if they can see anything obvious from the output, that would be great and I would really appreciate it.

A:BSOD - ntoskrnl.exe

Hi

Varying bugcheck code is usually a sign of memory related issues. Running "Memtest86+" is the right thing to begin with. Make sure you are using the latest version 5.01 and run at least seven or more passes with it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/105647-ram-test-memtest86.html

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/513676/bsod-ntoskrnlexe/
Relevancy 70.52%

Hello everybody!

During the past weeks I seem to be getting at least one BSOD per day related to ntoskrnl.exe (Almost all of them while gaming). I tried to debug it myself using windbg and bluescreenview but maybe I was doing something wrong as I can't pinpoint what is causing the system to BSOD.
I have attached the output from the BSOD Dump & System File Collection app as described in one of the tutorial threads.
Additionally, I let memtest run over night but no errors were found.

Thank you all in advance for your help!

Please let me know if you need more information to help me solve this.

Below are my system specs:
OS : Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate // Version 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
CPU: i7-2600k @ 4.3 GHz ( 43 x 100)
MB: p8p67 Pro (1606 Bios)
RAM: 8GB (4 x 2GB Kingston)
GPU: GTX 460 1GB

A:BSOD (ntoskrnl.exe)

Welcome to Seven Forums.

The dump files point to:
STOP 0x0000003B: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
Usual causes: System service, Device driver, graphics driver, ?memory
The listed cause is memory_corruption.

Run memtest86+, leave all the RAM cards installed and run it for a full 7 passes, this will take several hours, best to run it overnight.
If you get any errors, you can stop the test,

Code:

* Bugcheck Analysis *
SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3b)
An exception happened while executing a system service routine.
Arguments:
Arg1: 00000000c0000005, Exception code that caused the bugcheck
Arg2: fffff80003407f9c, Address of the instruction which caused the bugcheck
Arg3: fffff8800c191f10, Address of the context record for the exception that caused the bugcheck
Arg4: 0000000000000000, zero.
Debugging Details:
------------------

EXCEPTION_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000005 - The instruction at 0x%08lx referenced memory at 0x%08lx. The memory could not be %s.
FAULTING_IP:
nt!ExFreePoolWithTag+20c
fffff800`03407f9c 8c10 mov word ptr [rax],ss
CONTEXT: fffff8800c191f10 -- (.cxr 0xfffff8800c191f10)
rax=00000000000002a0 rbx=fffffa800a99b7d0 rcx=0000000000001d10
rdx=fffff880009cf180 rsi=0000000000000002 rdi=0000000000000000
rip=fffff80003407f9c rsp=fffff8800c1928f8 rbp=0000000000000000
r8=000000000000e880 r9=0000000000000080 r10=fffff8000325c000
r11=00000000000005d0 r12=0000000000000008 r13=fffffa800a99b7e0
r14=0000000000000000 r15=fffff80003463340
iopl=2 nv up di pl zr na pe cy
cs=0010 ss=0018 ds=002b es=002b fs=0053 gs=002b efl=00016143
nt!ExFreePoolWithTag+0x20c:
fffff800`03407f9c 8c10 mov word ptr [rax],ss ds:002b:00000000`000002a0=????????
Resetting default scope
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: CODE_CORRUPTION
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x3B
PROCESS_NAME: APB.exe
LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from 0000000000000000 to fffff80003407f9c
STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`0c1928f8 00000000`00000000 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!ExFreePoolWithTag+0x20c

CHKIMG_EXTENSION: !chkimg -lo 50 -d !nt
fffff80003407f9b - nt!ExFreePoolWithTag+20b
[ 8d:9d ]
1 error : !nt (fffff80003407f9b)
MODULE_NAME: memory_corruption
IMAGE_NAME: memory_corruption
FOLLOWUP_NAME: memory_corruption
DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 0
MEMORY_CORRUPTOR: ONE_BIT
STACK_COMMAND: .cxr 0xfffff8800c191f10 ; kb
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_MEMORY_CORRUPTION_ONE_BIT
BUCKET_ID: X64_MEMORY_CORRUPTION_ONE_BIT
Followup: memory_corruption
---------

STOP 0x00000050: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
Usual causes: Defective hardware (particularly memory - but not just RAM), Faulty system service, Antivirus, Device driver, NTFS corruption, BIOS
This indicates that invalid system memory has been referenced.

Code:

Event[2163]:
Log Name: System
Source: Microsoft-Windows-WER-SystemErrorReporting
Date: 2011-05-25T22:41:37.000
Event ID: 1001
Task: N/A
Level: Error
Opcode: N/A
Keyword: Classic
User: N/A
User Name: N/A
Computer: YVES
Description:
The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000050 (0xfffff6f450096228, 0x0000000000000000, 0xfffff8000327c31b, 0x0000000000000005). A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 052511-23150-01.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/166180-bsod-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Hi, so i keep getting blue screens and BlueScreenView says it's to do with the Ntoskrnl.exe.
please help this has been going on for a few days now and i cant do anything too processor heavy without speeding up the BSOD :'(

Dump File : 061513-20779-01.dmp
Crash Time : 15/06/2013 15:01:52
Bug Check String : PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
Bug Check Code : 0x00000050
Parameter 1 : ffffb8a0`0373de58
Parameter 2 : 00000000`00000000
Parameter 3 : fffff800`0339a9bc
Parameter 4 : 00000000`00000007
Caused By Address : ntoskrnl.exe+75c00
File Description : NT Kernel & System
Product Name : Microsoft? Windows? Operating System
Company : Microsoft Corporation
File Version : 6.1.7601.18113 (win7sp1_gdr.130318-1533)
Crash Address : ntoskrnl.exe+75c00
Stack Address 1 :
Stack Address 2 :
Stack Address 3 :
Computer Name :
Full Path : C:\Windows\Minidump\061513-20779-01.dmp
Processors Count : 4
Minor Version : 7601
Dump File Size : 291,488
Dump File Time : 15/06/2013 15:02:48

A:Ntoskrnl.exe BSOD

Please follow - Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/294114-ntoskrnl-exe-bsod.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Hello Windows Ultimate x Retail Custom built in ' Moderate knowledge of technology mainly hardware I get technical BSOD's as I get minidumps but really my computer 'jolts' horizontal red and blue and white and black lines and then restarts This has been happening for a while and this is what I Ntoskrnl.exe BSOD have done thus far MemTest chkdsk f r I believe the f Ntoskrnl.exe BSOD is useless in that command but I use it anyway Replaced the mobo cpu gpu and psu BlueScreenView keeps telling me the main fault is ntoskrnl exe and I have also performed 'sfc scannow' with the result of quot found an error but can't correct it quot I'm not even going to bother submit any of my opinions on what it is or could be because I have tried everything to the best of my knowledge But I will let you know that it starts out one crash a day then a day then an hour If you would like updated minidumps they can be found Here The current set is in the attachments Any help would be very appreciated Thank you -Scott

What are the results of MemTest 86+? Any errors? You should do at least 7 passes

Quote:
'sfc /scannow' with the result of "found an error but can't correct it"

This suggest system corruption, do a Repair Install

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/175968-ntoskrnl-exe-bsod.html
Relevancy 70.52%

I'm have crashs 1-3 times a day and I'm getting a 0x19,0x1e,0x7f,0x50,0x4E,0x4E,0x3b,0a reasons for crash so can't figure out what is wrong. HP all the tell me is to restore but that is a real pain and then I don't I still don't know what is wrong.

A:BSOD ntoskrnl

Quote: Originally Posted by gjrewerts

I'm have crashs 1-3 times a day and I'm getting a 0x19,0x1e,0x7f,0x50,0x4E,0x4E,0x3b,0a reasons for crash so can't figure out what is wrong. HP all the tell me is to restore but that is a real pain and then I don't I still don't know what is wrong.

These crashes were caused by memory corruption (probably a driver). Please run these two tests to verify your memory and find which driver is causing the problem.

If you are overclocking anything reset to default before running these tests.
In other words STOP!!!
1-Memtest.

Quote:
*Download a copy of Memtest86 and burn the ISO to a CD using Iso Recorder or another ISO burning program. Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

*Boot from the CD, and leave it running for at least 5 or 6 passes.

Just remember, any time Memtest reports errors, it can be either bad RAM or a bad motherboard slot.

Test the sticks individually, and if you find a good one, test it in all slots.

Any errors are indicative of a memory problem.

If a known good stick fails in a motherboard slot it is probably the slot.

2-Driver verifier

Quote:
Using Driver Verifier is an iffy proposition. Most times it'll crash and it'll tell you what the driver is. But sometimes it'll crash and won't tell you the driver. Other times it'll crash before you can log in to Windows. If you can't get to Safe Mode, then you'll have to resort to offline editing of the registry to disable Driver Verifier.

I'd suggest that you first backup your data and then make sure you've got access to another computer so you can contact us if problems arise. Then make a System Restore point (so you can restore the system using the Vista/Win7 Startup Repair feature).

In Windows 7 you can make a Startup Repair disk by going to Start....All Programs...Maintenance...Create a System Repair Disc - with Windows Vista you'll have to use your installation disk or the "Repair your computer" option at the top of the Safe Mode menu .

Then, here's the procedure:
- Go to Start and type in "verifier" (without the quotes) and press Enter
- Select "Create custom settings (for code developers)" and click "Next"
- Select "Select individual settings from a full list" and click "Next"
- Select everything EXCEPT FOR "Low Resource Simulation" and click "Next"
- Select "Select driver names from a list" and click "Next"
Then select all drivers NOT provided by Microsoft and click "Next"
- Select "Finish" on the next page.

Reboot the system and wait for it to crash to the Blue Screen. Continue to use your system normally, and if you know what causes the crash, do that repeatedly. The objective here is to get the system to crash because Driver Verifier is stressing the drivers out. If it doesn't crash for you, then let it run for at least 36 hours of continuous operation (an estimate on my part).

If you can't get into Windows because it crashes too soon, try it in Safe Mode.
If you can't get into Safe Mode, try using System Restore from your installation DVD to set the system back to the previous restore point that you created.

Further Reading
Using Driver Verifier to identify issues with Windows drivers for advanced users

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/207009-bsod-ntoskrnl.html
Relevancy 70.52%

gotten two bsod yesterday
im not sure what caused them so here i am.
all i know it was irql_not_less_or_equal
and Driver IRQL Not Less Or Equal
link to dumpfiles:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/08d26ijiol...32-01.dmp?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/20avl3dims...40-01.dmp?dl=0

A:bsod ntoskrnl

Hi,

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (d1)

This indicates that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high.

A driver tried to access an address that is pageable (or that is completely invalid) while the IRQL was too high. This bug check is usually caused by drivers that have used improper addresses.

Code:

2: kd> .trap 0xfffff8800b66d050
NOTE: The trap frame does not contain all registers.
Some register values may be zeroed or incorrect.
rax=0000000000000000 rbx=0000000000000000 rcx=00000000000015f2
rdx=0000000000000000 rsi=0000000000000000 rdi=0000000000000000
rip=fffff88004855c9b rsp=fffff8800b66d1e0 rbp=fffffa8009923838
r8=0000000000000395 r9=fffffa80097dd000 r10=3661663461323066
r11=fffff8800b66d200 r12=0000000000000000 r13=0000000000000000
r14=0000000000000000 r15=0000000000000000
iopl=0 nv up ei pl nz na pe nc
L1C62x64+0x6c9b:
fffff880`04855c9b 488b08 mov rcx,qword ptr [rax] ds:00000000`00000000=????????????????
On the faulting instruction, we failed moving a pointer stored in rax (dereferenced it) and ultimately failed storing the contents of a qword into rcx. The reason we failed is because rax was null (zero).

Code:

2: kd> k
*** Stack trace for last set context - .thread/.cxr resets it
Child-SP RetAddr Call Site
fffff880`0b66d1e0 fffffa80`097d3cc0 L1C62x64+0x6c9b
fffff880`0b66d1e8 fffffa80`097d3b60 0xfffffa80`097d3cc0
fffff880`0b66d1f0 00000000`00000000 0xfffffa80`097d3b60
The driver that caused it was the Atheros NIC driver.

Update your Atheros drivers ASAP.

Regards,

Patrick

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-ntoskrnl-885289.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Greetings Firstly thank you in Ntoskrnl.exe BSOD advance for any help I receive with my problems I am not exactly the most computer savvy person and these blue screens are beginning to get me worried I have attached the file created by the DM log collector as requested With regards to the BSOD I am unable to replicate exactly what causes the crash They are totally random from my pc being idle to watching video and gaming My error codes are mostly x d but I have also had x e x a and a few more However of the errors point to notoskrnl exe bc With the small amount of research my BSOD Ntoskrnl.exe tech knowledge can sustain Im in the understanding that it might be a corrupted driver somwhere so I ran SlimDrivers This came back with multiple BSOD Ntoskrnl.exe updated including pci usb chipsets and prosessor drivers Is it possible to run these updates without affecting my overclock Let me know BSOD Ntoskrnl.exe if any further information is needed Thanks again for any help Ken

A:BSOD Ntoskrnl.exe

Hi Ken,

You have dump files going back for a year, I just went through the last few and you are right about it being driver related.

We don't recommend using any driver programs since they can often give you incorrect drivers and are usually hard to get rid of what else they bring with them.

I see your display driver pointed to a couple times,

Two different versions as well,

Code:
0: kd> lmvm nvlddmkm
start end module name
fffff880`08465000 fffff880`08f4a000 nvlddmkm T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: nvlddmkm.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys
Image name: nvlddmkm.sys
Timestamp: Fri Jun 21 02:06:16 2013 (51C41788)
CheckSum: 00AB87FF
ImageSize: 00AE5000

Code:
start end module name
fffff880`0f403000 fffff880`1005b000 nvlddmkm T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: nvlddmkm.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys
Image name: nvlddmkm.sys
Timestamp: Tue Mar 04 03:07:52 2014 (5315B408)
CheckSum: 00C20523
ImageSize: 00C58000
Try using a different driver,

NVIDIA DRIVERS GeForce 334.89 Driver WHQL

Do a clean install of the display driver.
Uninstall All nvidia items in Control Panel > Programs and features3D Vision Control Driver
3D Vision Driver
Graphics Driver
HD Audio Driver
PhysX
nvidia Update
(Are you using nvidia chipset drivers? If so, dont uninstall anything other than those are listed).
Now follow Drivers - Clean Left over Files after Uninstalling
Install the driver again. While installing, Select Custom (Advanced) install. In the next page, follow this settings:

This may help as well,

NVIDIA Drivers - Avoid Problems

I also see your usb3 driver being flagged,

Code:
fffff880`0706a000 fffff880`0712f000 iusb3xhc T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: iusb3xhc.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\iusb3xhc.sys
Image name: iusb3xhc.sys
Timestamp: Mon May 21 00:21:40 2012 (4FB9ED04)
CheckSum: 000CA061
ImageSize: 000C5000
You can update that from here,

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Det...?DwnldID=21129

Let us know how things go from there.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/331416-bsod-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Hello I would need some help about the analysis of a random BsoD It is TOTALLY random on BSOD (Mostly) ntoskrnl.exe a fresh Windows installation In the following is attached the report from the utility quot whocrashed quot which just does a recap of all the dmp files I have no idea on how to analyze it Any suggestion It seems like of the (Mostly) ntoskrnl.exe BSOD crashes are caused by quot ntoskrnl exe quot It might be a RAM issue I have run Memtest flawless runs My OS is Win Home and the RAMs are running at the correct voltage Thanks a lot in advance for your help Quote On Sun your computer crashed This was likely caused by the following module atikmpag sys Bugcheck code x B xC xFFFFF EDE xFFFFF F x Error SYSTEM SERVICE (Mostly) ntoskrnl.exe BSOD EXCEPTION Dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmp file path C (Mostly) ntoskrnl.exe BSOD Windows system drivers atikmpag sys product AMD driver company Advanced Micro Devices Inc description AMD multi-vendor Miniport Driver On Tue your computer crashed This was likely caused by the following module ntoskrnl exe Bugcheck code x xFFFFDA x xFFFFF F D E x Error PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA Dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmp file path C Windows system ntoskrnl exe product Microsoft Windows Operating System company Microsoft Corporation description NT Kernel amp System The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module Your system configuration may be incorrect possibly the culprit is in another driver on your system which cannot be identified at this time On Tue your computer crashed This was likely caused by the following module ntoskrnl exe Bugcheck code x xFFFFD A F x xFFFFF FA F x Error PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA Dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmp file path C Windows system ntoskrnl exe product Microsoft Windows Operating System company Microsoft Corporation description NT Kernel amp System The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module Your system configuration may be incorrect possibly the culprit is in another driver on your system which cannot be identified at this time On Sat your computer crashed This was likely caused by the following module ntoskrnl exe Bugcheck code x xFFFFB C EAF x xFFFFF A C x Error PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA Dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmp file path C Windows system ntoskrnl exe product Microsoft Windows Operating System company Microsoft Corporation description NT Kernel amp System The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module Your system configuration may be incorrect possibly the culprit is in another driver on your system which cannot be identified at this time On Sat your computer crashed This was likely caused by the following module ntoskrnl exe Bugcheck code xA xFFFFBA x x xFFFFF A Error IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL Dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmp file path C Windows system ntoskrnl exe product Microsoft Windows Operating System company Microsoft Corporation description NT Kernel amp System The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module Your system configuration may be incorrect possibly the culprit is in another driver on your system which cannot be identified at this time On Tue your computer crashed This was likely caused by the following module ntoskrnl exe Bugcheck code xA xFFFFBA D CDF x x xFFFFF B A F Error IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL Dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmp file path C Windows system ntoskrnl exe product Microsoft Windows Operating System company Microsoft Corporation description NT Kernel amp System The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module Your system configuration may be incorrect possibly the culprit is in another driver on your system which cannot be identified at this time On Tue your computer crashed This was likely caused by the following module ntoskrnl exe Bugcheck code x xFFFFBA DE CC x xFFFFF AEFCF x Error PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA Dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmp file path C Windows system ntoskrnl exe product Microsoft Windows Operating System company Microsoft Corporation descri... Read more

A:(Mostly) ntoskrnl.exe BSOD

Please follow these directions: http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/98277-mostly-ntoskrnl-exe-bsod.html
Relevancy 70.52%

This BSOD often occurs when i close an application, like the other day when i close "Dota 2" and "I Wanna Be The Guy"

I already use Driver Detective and install some drivers ( Keyboard, and realtek)

I already diagnose my computer memory problems and found nothing

Since my memory is WD, i already install and checked with Western Digital Data LifeGuard Diagnostics - WinDlg and found nothing too

Hi LuTz.

Install Service pack 1 and all other windows updates. Otherwise the system will remain vulnerable to threats.

Code:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7600 MP (4 procs) Free x64
Built by: 7600.16385.amd64fre.win7_rtm.090713-1255
Learn how to install Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1)
Service Pack and Update Center - Microsoft Windows

Report back for any further BSOD after doing it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/321447-ntoskrnl-exe-bsod.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Recently i've been encountering a whole lot of (ntoskrnl.exe) - BSOD 124 blue screens At first the error I was receiving was BSOD - 124 (ntoskrnl.exe) e but I think I fixed that Now I am getting this error Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode BCP BCP FFFFFA E BCP BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users user AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml Read our privacy statement online Windows Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows If the online BSOD - 124 (ntoskrnl.exe) privacy statement is not available please read our privacy statement offline C Windows system en-US erofflps txt ----------------------------- According to BSOD - 124 (ntoskrnl.exe) BlueScreenViewer it was caused by ntoskrnl exe From what i understand it may have come from hardware malfunctions or something corrupt in the windows update Either way it is severly infringing on my ability to play games and basically do anything that takes up a lot of my RAM I have run multiple Memtests and found zero errors there surprisingly I do not think the problem is overheating because I keep my computer clean for the most part and I have a fan I have also done a few backups just in case I need to redownlaod windows However since I have had to get this current computer repaired or times I would like to have the least painful process and hopefully an easy way out As of right now I've had bluescreens in the past weeks or so and there's no common pattern to when it freezes All I know is that there is something wrong with my hardware or possibly a motherboard issue Any help on this would be greatly appreciated Attached below is the DMP files from my bluescreen earlier today hopefully I didn't mess anything up EDIT Here's some other crash files from event viewer Log Name Application Source Microsoft-Windows-WMI Date PM Event ID Task Category None Level Error Keywords Classic User N A Computer user-PC Description Event filter with query quot SELECT FROM InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN WHERE TargetInstance ISA quot Win Processor quot AND TargetInstance LoadPercentage gt quot could not be reactivated in namespace quot root CIMV quot because of error x Events cannot be delivered through this filter until the problem is corrected Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-WMI quot Guid quot edeee - afe- -b -d c b b f quot EventSourceName quot WinMgmt quot gt lt EventID Qualifiers quot quot gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt Application lt Channel gt lt Computer gt user-PC lt Computer gt lt Security gt lt System gt lt EventData gt lt Data gt root CIMV lt Data gt lt Data gt SELECT FROM InstanceModificationEvent WITHIN WHERE TargetInstance ISA quot Win Processor quot AND TargetInstance LoadPercentage amp gt lt Data gt lt Data gt x lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt Log Name System Source Microsoft-Windows-WHEA-Logger Date PM Event ID Task Category None Level Error Keywords User LOCAL SERVICE Computer user-PC Description A fatal hardware error has occurred Reported by component Processor Core Error Source Machine Check Exception Error Type Cache Hierarchy Error Processor ID The details view of this entry contains further information Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-WHEA-Logger quot Guid quot C C F C- F - E - F A- CFED quot gt lt EventID gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Ke... Read more

A:BSOD - 124 (ntoskrnl.exe)

here's something else I found in an error event:
Log Name: Application
Source: Microsoft-Windows-CAPI2
Date: 7/4/2014 12:05:22 AM
Event ID: 257
Task Category: None
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: user-PC
Description:
The Cryptographic Services service failed to initialize the Catalog Database. The ESENT error was: -550.
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-CAPI2" Guid="{5bbca4a8-b209-48dc-a8c7-b23d3e5216fb}" EventSourceName="Microsoft-Windows-CAPI2" />
<EventID Qualifiers="0">257</EventID>
<Version>0</Version>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>0</Task>
<Opcode>0</Opcode>
<Keywords>0x8080000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2014-07-04T05:05:22.679808100Z" />
<EventRecordID>4296</EventRecordID>
<Correlation />
<Execution ProcessID="1172" ThreadID="2200" />
<Channel>Application</Channel>
<Computer>user-PC</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data>-550</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/336835-bsod-124-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 70.52%

ok everyone this is one that I can not figure out for the past few days I ve been receiving these BSOD and I haven t done ANYTHING to the configuration to my computer No hardware changes no software changes Nothing I downloaded a program called BluescreenView to try and look at the minidump files but alas it doesn t make sense to BSOD ntoskrnl.exe?? me I am noticing a faded red line over the file Ntoskrnl exe on each of the dumps at the top but I am not sure how to fix it Each time I get a blue screen its either when the computer is at idle and we re not even on it or we are just searching the web facebook youtube nothing to serious for the computer at all My computer specs are OS NameMicrosoft Windows Ultimate Version Service Pack Build Other OS DescriptionNot Available OS ManufacturerMicrosoft Corporation System NameCHRIS-PC System ManufacturerSystem manufacturer System ModelSystem Product Name System Typex -based PC ProcessorAMD Phenom tm II X BSOD ntoskrnl.exe?? Processor Mhz Core s Logical Processor s BIOS Version DateAmerican Megatrends Inc SMBIOS Version Windows BSOD ntoskrnl.exe?? DirectoryC Windows System DirectoryC Windows system Boot Device Device HarddiskVolume LocaleUnited States Hardware Abstraction LayerVersion quot quot User NameChris-PC Chris Time ZoneMountain Daylight Time Installed Physical Memory RAM GB Corsair xms x gb Total Physical Memory GB Available Physical Memory GB Total Virtual Memory GB Available Virtual Memory GB Page File Space GB Page FileC pagefile sys and my minidumps are attatched please help nbsp

A:BSOD ntoskrnl.exe??

Hi Chris, I'm in the mountain time zone too. You might want to test the memory using Memtest86:
http://www.memtest.org/

Create a boot .iso DVD and run the memory for at least 7 passes. Any errors are not good, and you may want to test each module separately

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-ntoskrnl-exe.180470/
Relevancy 70.52%

Hello All Been having these crashes for a while now They don't happen that ntoskrnl.exe BSOD often but they are frustrating none the less A little back story BSOD ntoskrnl.exe this is my first build Have it for about a year and a half Initially I had random crashes but only when playing two particular games L D and GTA IV I figured out that it was a problem with one of my sticks of ram so I removed it That seemed to fix my problems Back then I had a dual boot XP and Vista I continued with the single stick of ram upgrading to Win Beta RC and eventually the retail release After my last upgrade I began experiencing the ntoskrnl exe crashes My system is overclocked but I began experiencing the crashes prior to the overclock I also added the previously thought faulty stick of ram Since I began experiencing the crashes I've tried quite a few things I ran Memtestx on both stick together and separately last test ran for hrs no errors with both sticks Undid the overclock ran Prime Intel Burn Test all passed Reinstalled all my drivers Even did a complete reinstall more than once but to no avail The only thing that I'm certain of is that the crashes happen when ever I play Youtube videos or any type of embedded flash video Not all the time but every once in a while I'll be watching a video and bang BSOD It's also happened when watching a regular video file mp recorded from my phone but that produced a different crash

So this crash only happens when playing back videos?

Additional Notes:
I see hal.dll was blamed for a couple of crashes. This usually means incorrect voltages of your ram and/or cpu. Compare the manufacturers settings and bios settings for you ram voltages. A small difference can cause a lot of problems.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/95859-bsod-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Hi!

Everytime I shutdown the Laptop, computer close all programm and windows starting to shutdown and after that screen goes to black, computer still running. May be after 5-30 min will computer shutdown.
Short summary:

Computer: HP Probook 4530s

Event view and BlueScreenView shows:
Caused by Driver: ntoskrnl.exe
Bug Check String: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE
Bug Check Code: 0x0000009f

I also compressed two minidump files and system information file to ZIP for more information.

A:BSOD sometimes, ntoskrnl.exe

Please post your thread here

BSOD Crashes and Debugging - Windows 8 Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/338227-bsod-sometimes-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 70.52%

For a long time, I've been getting several kinds of errors, most of them linking to ntoskrnl.exe or ntkrpamp.exe.

Before anyone asks, my RAM is only a couple of months old and it passes MemTest every single time I check, so I know for a fact it's not that.

It's becoming a real nuisance, and I've tried everything on my own, so I would really appreciate any help people can give.

Thanks.

Recommendations: Crashes point to a problem with your RAM, despite it not being that, or to your avast! software.

Since you believe the RAM is okay, start by removing avast! with their removal tool and replace it with Microsoft Security Essentials. If that does not resolve the crashes, consider removing the new RAM and run with your old RAM to test.

We can also check whether your RAM is compatible with your system.
Download and install CPU-Z and Upload screenshots of the CPU, Mainboard, Memory, and SPD tabs. In the SPD tab, upload an image of each slot. To upload all screenshots, it would be best to:generate the images using the Snipping Tool,
go to where the images are saved,
right click in a blank area within the folder where the images are saved,
create a new folder,
name the folder CPUZ,
select all the images,
place the pointer over an image,
press and hold down the left mouse button and drag the image (all images should move with it),
drop the images into the CPUZ directory you created,
create a compressed (zipped) folder of CPUZ
upload the .zip file to the forums.

I also recommend you update the following drivers from your motherboard support site:

ASACPI.sys Thu Aug 12 20:52:52 2004 (411C2D04)
Asus ATK0110 ACPI Utility (a known BSOD maker in Win7). Also a part of the Asus PCProbe and AISuite Utilities
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=ASACPI.sys

3rd Party Drivers: The following is for information purposes only. My recommendations were given above. The drivers that follow belong to software or devices that were not developed by Microsoft. Any drivers in red should be updated/replaced/removed. You can find links to the driver information and where to update the drivers in the section after the code box:

Code:
**************************Wed Oct 24 10:25:57.796 2012 (UTC - 6:00)**************************
ASACPI.sys Thu Aug 12 20:52:52 2004 (411C2D04)
libusb0.sys Wed Mar 9 12:50:17 2005 (422F5379)
AmdLLD.sys Fri Jun 29 13:47:32 2007 (468561D4)
AsIO.sys Mon Dec 17 02:10:20 2007 (47663CFC)
RtNdPt5x.sys Wed Jul 9 00:11:32 2008 (48745694)
RimSerial.sys Mon Nov 24 10:02:13 2008 (492ADE15)
fssfltr_tdi.sys Wed Apr 28 08:40:08 2010 (4BD848C8)
zumbus.sys Wed Jun 29 06:02:30 2011 (4E0B1456)
LHidFilt.Sys Fri Sep 2 00:22:16 2011 (4E607618)
LMouFilt.Sys Fri Sep 2 00:22:22 2011 (4E60761E)
LUsbFilt.Sys Fri Sep 2 00:22:25 2011 (4E607621)
LBeepKE.sys Fri Sep 2 00:24:01 2011 (4E607681)
NBVol.sys Mon Nov 21 18:22:22 2011 (4ECAF94E)
NBVolUp.sys Mon Nov 21 18:25:29 2011 (4ECAFA09)
RapportCerberus32_34302.sys Mon Dec 5 02:54:44 2011 (4EDC94E4)
GEARAspiWDM.sys Thu May 3 13:55:59 2012 (4FA2E2CF)
AtihdXP3.sys Fri May 11 02:22:55 2012 (4FACCC5F)
RapportPG.sys Fri Jun 8 12:39:28 2012 (4FD246E0)
RapportKELL.sys Fri Jun 8 12:39:51 2012 (4FD246F7)
RapportEI.sys Fri Jun 8 12:40:33 2012 (4FD24721)
RtkHDAud.sys Tue Jun 19 02:52:00 2012 (4FE03DB0)
Rtenicxp.sys Wed Jul 18 23:59:42 2012 (5007A24E)
avgtpx86.sys Thu Jul 19 08:07:14 2012 (50081492)
ati2cqag.dll Fri Jul 27 19:17:34 2012 (50133DAE)
atiok3x2.dll Fri Jul 27 19:24:13 2012 (50133F3D)
atikvmag.dll Fri Jul 27 19:27:41 2012 (5013400D)
ativvaxx.dll Fri Jul 27 19:34:43 2012 (501341B... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/ntoskrnl-exe-bsod-672334.html
Relevancy 70.52%

A few dumps this time. i was watching a video on youtube when this happened.

A:BSOD ntoskrnl.exe again

Check for heating issues using Speccy or HWmonitorHWMonitor CPUID - System & hardware benchmark, monitoring, reporting
Speccy - System Information - Free DownloadPlease upload a summary tab using Speccy. Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums
Test and Diagnose RAM issues with MEMTEST86+Pay close attention to Part 3 of the tutorial "If you have errors". Take the test for at least 7-10 passes. It may take up to 22 passes to find problems.Make sure to run it once after the system has been on for a few hours and is warm, and then also run it again when the system has been off for a few hours and is cold. RAM - Test with Memtest86+
System File CheckerThe SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker scans the integrity of all protected Windows 7 system files and replaces incorrect corrupted, changed/modified, or damaged versions with the correct versions if possible. If you have modified your system files as in theming explorer/system files, running sfc /scannow will revert the system files to it's default state.Link to full tutorial: SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker
Run Disk Check in Windows 7Run this on your Hard Drive(s). This will show you how to run Check Disk or chkdsk in Windows 7 to check a selected hard disk for file system errors and bad sectors on it. With both boxes checked for all HDDs and with Automatically fix file system errors. Post back your logs for the checks after finding them using Check Disk (chkdsk) - Read Event Viewer LogLink to full tutorial: Disk Check
Virus Check:Make scans with these tools below:TDSSKiller Rootkit Removal Utility Free Download | Kaspersky Lab US
Online Virus Scanner Eset
Application conflict:Reduce the start-up items. This will help avoid software conflicts:Remove Startup Programs in Windows 7
Clean Startup in Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/311356-bsod-ntoskrnl-exe-again.html
Relevancy 70.52%

I have been having BSOD and random warnings regarding my Graphics card BSOD ntoskrnl.exe i have taken an image of the warning this can happen BSOD ntoskrnl.exe at regular intervals from heavy graphic work photoshop to internet browsing and video clips youtube etc I have installed bluescreen viewer and this is the dump i saved they all have one thing in common the ntoskrnl driver Is this purely the graphics card or could it be something else I am running Windows Bit ASUS EAH GB Silent card x GB Corsair RAM ASUS P QL EPU Motherboard Quote Dump File - - dmp Crash Time Bug Check String KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED Bug Check Code x e Parameter Parameter Parameter Parameter Caused By Driver ntoskrnl exe Caused By Address ntoskrnl exe File Description NT Kernel amp System Product Name Microsoft Windows Operating System Company Microsoft Corporation File Version win ldr - Processor x Computer Name Full Path C Windows Minidump - - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File - - dmp Crash Time Bug Check String KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED Bug Check Code x e Parameter ffffffff c Parameter fffff a f Parameter Parameter Caused By Driver ntoskrnl exe Caused By Address ntoskrnl exe File Description NT Kernel amp System Product Name Microsoft Windows Operating System Company Microsoft Corporation File Version win ldr - Processor x Computer Name Full Path C Windows Minidump - - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File - - dmp Crash Time Bug Check String SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION Bug Check Code x b Parameter c Parameter fffff a b Parameter fffff Parameter Caused By Driver ntoskrnl exe Caused By Address ntoskrnl exe File Description NT Kernel amp System Product Name Microsoft Windows Operating System Company Microsoft Corporation File Version win ldr - Processor x Computer Name Full Path C Windows Minidump - - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File - - dmp Crash Time Bug Check String BAD POOL CALLER Bug Check Code x c Parameter Parameter Parameter Parameter fffff a b cc Caused By Driver ntoskrnl exe Caused By Address ntoskrnl exe File Description NT Kernel amp System Product Name Microsoft Windows Operating System Company Microsoft Corporation File Version win ldr - Processor x Computer Name Full Path C Windows Minidump - - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version

Welcome to TSF

Did you update the video driver?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-ntoskrnl-exe-525843.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Hello guys.....Im new in the forum and i really need your help to solve my bsod problem that i face with a lot of months....First of all i would like to thank u in advance....!!!!!
My system specs are :\\Intel Core 2 Quad Cpu Q6600\\2 Gb RAM\\Geforce 9400 GT

Is Vista . . .
- x86 (32-bit)
- Home Premium
- an OEM
- Its about 5 years old
- not yet sp1 installed

A:BSOD ntoskrnl.exe.....???

Welcome
YOu have given us one dump report. Unfortunately, it ususlly takes many more to accurately diagnose a BSOD problem. The good news is that your dump has given a clear reason for your problem,memory
I would take this memort test. If you fail the test, remedy the situation, Then use the computer, again. If the problem continues, post with the new dump reports.
Guide to using Memtest86+ - Geeks to Go Forums
In addition, I see that you have a very large number of outdated drivers. Make sure that windows update is set to install drivers. This most certainly has contributed or will contribute to future BSODs.

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/290959-bsod-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 70.52%

I have been getting BSOD for a few months now. They occur totally randomly, sometimes up to 8 hours after I begin using my computer, sometimes in as little time as five minutes. I have updated all my drivers and run the windows memory check so I believe the problem does not lie there. All the errors have cited "ntoskrnl.exe" as the main cause of issue. Please help me fix my problem. The attached screenshots are the report created for one specific instance of the occurrence.

I am relatively unskilled when it comes to troubleshooting, so please walk me through everything I must do. Thanks a ton!

A:BSOD regarding ntoskrnl.exe

Fist of all, you have to post it following the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/279233-bsod-regarding-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Hi guys,
My laptop crashes showing this BSOD, sometimes it is so frequent may reach 5 times/day
sometimes the day passes clearly
Sometimes during browsing and working on it, sometimes when I leave it free/on lockscreen !!

Driver_Power_State_Failure.

I used a tool and detected that the problem is related to something called "Ntoskrnl"

This is the debug file.

http://tinyurl.com/lzf6shh
Copy the link in a new tab,
Sorry, don't know what is the problem with mediafire, and couldn't upload via attachments !

Thank you

A:BSOD, Ntoskrnl.

aaargh I just posted the same problem... I hope someone will get to us some link or ...I dont know something to fix this..

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/54884-bsod-ntoskrnl.html
Relevancy 70.52%
Relevancy 70.52%

I am now getting a BSOD everyday. It occurs randomly while im working. I've searched the web for answers, but so far have not been able to find anything that helped me. I tried running system file checker, and not errors were found. I ran the memory diagnostic tool on windows. Nothing. I ran my bitdefender antivirus many times and nothing was found. The main driver that's involved from the nirsof blue screen view is ntoskrnl.exe

I have attached all the dmp files. Any help would be appreciated.

A:Please Help! BSOD ntoskrnl.exe

Hello, Patrick Planck. I will try to help you.

Please run the BSOD Posting instructions and upload the unedited file here. Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

You had 5 dump files. 4 of the 5 listed Bit Defender as rge cause of the BSOD/

Code:
bdfwfpf
start end module name
fffff880`01fab000 fffff880`01fd3000 bdfwfpf T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: bdfwfpf.sys
Image path: \??\C:\Program Files\Common Files\Bitdefender\Bitdefender Firewall\bdfwfpf.sys
Image name: bdfwfpf.sys
Timestamp: Mon Oct 29 07:23:28 2012 (508E7540)
CheckSum: 0001DBFA
ImageSize: 00028000
The other BSOD was blamed on

Code:
BugCheck 50, {fffff6ffff800000, 0, fffff800030e8401, 2}

Could not read faulting driver name
Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiDispatchFault+d1 )
Please follow these instructions exactly
Please Run Memtest86+

Information
Please download from this site only http://www.memtest.org/ in the middle of the page are the Download links, you can download the ISO.zip or the Auto USB Flash Drive installer.zip

Extract the Zip file. If you chose the ISO image, burn it to a CD using Windows Disk Image Burner or any Image burner you may have. If you downloaded the Auto USB installer, extract it, insert your USB 2.0 Flash Drive and take note of the drive letter. Run the installer, select the Flash Drive Letter, check the format box and press next. It will install memtest86+ to a flash drive. You can use either V4.20 or V5.01. Boot from your selected media. If you use V5.01 it will tell you to press certain buttons at the start, please press no buttons. The test will begin on it's own and continue to run until you stop it. It needs to run for 8 complete passes all at the same time or until you receive an error. If you receive an error, stop the test. Even 1 error is a fail. Each pass tests a different part of the ram and each of the 10 tests in each pass tests something different. It takes a minimum of 8 passes to completely test the ram, more passes are better. It is quite a long test and will take several hours depending on how much ram you have. Due to the time length it is best to run overnight. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask
Also, please uninstall Bit Defender and replace it with Microsoft Security Essentials (Microsoft Security Essentials - Microsoft Windows)

Also please run these Virus scans

ESET online scanner:
Free Virus Scan | Online Virus Scanner from ESET

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/356344-please-help-bsod-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Deleted

Bump

Any feedback and/or help is greatly appreciated.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/204799-ntoskrnl-exe-bsod.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Hey guys.. Im new to the forum and am in need of help!

My hardware is brand new, less then 3 weeks old..

I get these blue screen errors once and a while, very very annoying. Im not sure what to think, software issues or could it be my ssd?

Please look, much appreciated.

A:ntoskrnl.exe BSOD.. Happens at least once a day. Please Help!

Any advice? Its happening very frequently now.. Especially while playing League of Legends.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/226178-ntoskrnl-exe-bsod-happens-least-once-day-please-help.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Hi guys,
I just built my computer about a month ago and I've been getting these BSOD that always have to do with the ntoskrnl.exe. I tried to search around for a solution and I think I narrowed it down to either a Ram or graphic card problem. Can anyone take a look at my minidump and help me to pinpoint the exact cause so I can know which hardware to replace? thanks =)

Quote: Originally Posted by killersheep

Hi guys,
I just built my computer about a month ago and I've been getting these BSOD that always have to do with the ntoskrnl.exe. I tried to search around for a solution and I think I narrowed it down to either a Ram or graphic card problem. Can anyone take a look at my minidump and help me to pinpoint the exact cause so I can know which hardware to replace? thanks =)

Attachment 114430

Sorry but getting file not found on the attachment try again.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/125013-bsod-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Okay so I've read around on other BSOD threads regarding this problem, tried fixes and had no luck.

I'm usually pretty good at solving problems and I thought I had narrowed it down to my SSD. I replaced my SSD with a regular HDD, formatted and the problem still happens. It's totally random too, not specifically when I'm playing a game/doing intense work. It seems to be getting more and more frequent.

thanks in advance.

my setup:

Gigabyte Z68AP-D3
Intel i5 2500k
Corsair 8GB
Nvidia GeForce 560Ti 448 Core Edition
Corsair TX850W Power Supply
Windows 7 Professional 64bit (newly re-installed)
Seagate 1TB 7200rpm (new)
Samsung 1TB 7200rpm (old)

All my parts are roughly 6-8month old, apart from one of my other HDD's,. which is roughly 1.5 years old.

Relevancy 70.52%

Hi guys. I just installed vista 64 onto my hp laptop today with all the drivers, and I got a random BSOD a few minutes ago. Here is the dump:

Dump File : Mini021216-01.dmp
Crash Time : 12/02/2016 12:21:10 AM
Bug Check String : IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Bug Check Code : 0x0000000a
Parameter 1 : 0000099e`0000007e
Parameter 2 : 00000000`00000002
Parameter 3 : 00000000`00000001
Parameter 4 : fffff800`01abe443
Caused By Address : ntoskrnl.exe+5a450
File Description :
Product Name :
Company :
File Version :
Crash Address : ntoskrnl.exe+5a450
Stack Address 1 :
Stack Address 2 :
Stack Address 3 :
Computer Name :
Full Path : C:\Windows\Minidump\Mini021216-01.dmp
Processors Count : 2
Minor Version : 6002
Dump File Size : 269,768
Dump File Time : 12/02/2016 12:23:01 AM

It's an IRQL one so I don't think it's hardware related. Help would be much appreciated. I'm afraid that it will BSOD again.

Here are the dump files.

This is my system:

? OS - Windows 8.1, 8, 7 or Vista? Windows Vista Home Premium x64
? x86 (32-bit) or x64 ? x64
? What was the original installed OS on the system? Windows Vista Home Premium x64
? Is the OS an OEM version (came pre-installed on system) or full retail version (YOU purchased it from retailer)? Retail. not OEM
? Approximate age of system (hardware) 8 years
? Approximate age of OS installation (if you know) 4 hours
? Have you re-installed the OS? yes

? CPU Intel Core 2 Duo T7700
? Video Card ATi Mobility Radeon HD 2600 XT
? System Manufacturer Hewlett Packard
? Exact model number (if laptop, check label on bottom) HDX9000

Laptop

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-ntoskrnl-exe-1093738.html
Relevancy 70.52%

I have updated drivers, tried a different mouse as I read razer mouse's have caused BSOD's, tried a different powersupply, i'm stumped, still random when it crashes, but at least 1-2 times a night.
any help would be appreciated
edit:

some more info, never crashes while in an application ie: a game, always crashes at desktop or web browser, different sites, multiple times on youtube.

blue screen message is:

DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION

A:BSOD, Hal.dll ntoskrnl.exe

Your crash dumps are not showing any finite probable cause. In such a situation, it is better to enable Driver Verifier to monitor the drivers.
Run Driver Verifier for 24 hours or the occurrence of the next crash, whichever is earlier.

Information
Why Driver Verifier:
It puts a stress on the drivers, ans so it makes the unstable drivers crash. Hopefully the driver that crashes is recorded in the memory dump.

How Can we know that DV is enabled:
It will make the system bit of slow, laggy.
   Warning
Before enabling DV, make it sure that you have earlier System restore points made in your computer. You can check it easily by using CCleaner looking at Tools > System Restore.

If there is no points, make a System Restore Point manually before enabling DV.

Tip

If you fail to get on the Desktop because of DV, Boot into Advanced Boot Options > Safe mode. Disable DV there. Now boot normally again, and try following the instruction of enabling DV again.If you cannot boot in Safe mode too, do a System Restore to a point you made earlier.
Let us know the results, with the subsequent crash dumps, if any.

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/20979-bsod-hal-dll-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 70.52%
Relevancy 70.52%

Hi all,
My computer sometime gets BSOD ! I've tried to do some fixes but could not solve. Please take a look on the attachment and give me some advices !

A:BSOD - ntoskrnl.exe

Hiya and welcome to SevenForums!

Code:
BugCheck 74, {2, fffff8800321b9e0, 2, ffffffffc000014d}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!CmpLoadHiveThread+23a )
I hate to say this but you need to re-install Windows, 0x74's is bad system info, so re-install Windows and report back.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/378241-bsod-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 70.52%

I keep getting BSOD with different warnings

I have attached a zip file containing all 5 minidump files for all 5 BSOD's

Thanks in Advance

Quote: Originally Posted by Pandy90

I keep getting BSOD with different warnings

I have attached a zip file containing all 5 minidump files for all 5 BSOD's

Thanks in Advance

Your Macaffee. Remove and replace with Microsoft Security Essentials
How to uninstall or reinstall supported McAfee consumer products using the McAfee Consumer Products Removal tool (MCPR.exe)

http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/

Ken J

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/131456-bsod-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Hello,

I keep getting a BSOD randomly and when I tried to debug the mini dump I get that ntoskrnl.exe may be the cause. I removed my keyboard which may be a resolution and this still didn't fix the issue as it has crashed again. I have also checked all forms of hardware. Crashes w/o graphics card. I have reformated OS, ran a memtest86 and also a hard drive check and it all checks out okay. I am under the impression after doing some research that it may be the boot.ini?, but I am also reading that windows 7 doesn't use this file...What else could I try anyone please?

mini dump files included

I have a....

HP P6540Y
1TB HD
8 GB DD3
AMD Phenom II 830 / 2.8 GHz
Evga GTX 460 768MB

A:BSOD ntoskrnl.exe Help

Quote: Originally Posted by gstein7346

Hello,

I keep getting a BSOD randomly and when I tried to debug the mini dump I get that ntoskrnl.exe may be the cause. I removed my keyboard which may be a resolution and this still didn't fix the issue as it has crashed again. I have also checked all forms of hardware. Crashes w/o graphics card. I have reformated OS, ran a memtest86 and also a hard drive check and it all checks out okay. I am under the impression after doing some research that it may be the boot.ini?, but I am also reading that windows 7 doesn't use this file...What else could I try anyone please?

mini dump files included

I have a....

HP P6540Y
1TB HD
8 GB DD3
AMD Phenom II 830 / 2.8 GHz
Evga GTX 460 768MB

Bet you used blue screen view or whocrashed.

Ntoskrnl.exe is probably (almost certainly) not the cause. It isnt boot.ini either unless you are infected.

We do need the DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.

If you are overclocking STOP

You may be able to get the DMP files without crashing by booting into safe mode (F8) with networking.

To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.

The procedure:

Quote:
* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
*If the files are too large please upload them to a file sharing service like "Rapidshare" and put a link to them in your reply.

To ensure minidumps are enabled:

Quote:
* Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
* Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
* Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
* Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
* Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
* OK your way out.
* Reboot if changes have been made.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/206006-bsod-ntoskrnl-exe-help.html