Windows Support Forum

BSOD on sign in screen, also windows updates freeze screen

Q: BSOD on sign in screen, also windows updates freeze screen

Hello all this is my first time posting I receive a BSOD upon startup freeze updates BSOD on screen screen, windows sign in also once I reach windows login screen After a couple of seconds input will lock up Usually this is followed after a few moments by a BSOD though occasionally input is reallowed and computer functions normally This BSOD on sign in screen, also windows updates freeze screen continues until windows tries to install updates When signing off to reboot configurations reach and computer attempts reboot At this time before reaching the BSOD on sign in screen, also windows updates freeze screen sign on screen I get what I can best describe as a bunch of staggered blue and light blue lines across my entire monitor which requires me to hard boot my computer To restore functionality I have to go into safe mode where I'm informed 'failure configuring windows updates' and my computer automatically reverts the updates Afterwards I can boot normally and I'm back up to the login which occasionally allows me to proceed I've updated several drivers uninstalled recently installed programs and have backed up all files I care to keep I've tried to do a bit of research but I'm not getting very far and this has been going on for several days My most recent BSOD info is posted below please help before my computer bites the dust for good Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode d BCP BCP BCP BCP FFFFF A A OS Version Service Pack Product Sorry also during the actual blue screen I receive the message IRQL not less or equal Thanks again in advance

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: BSOD on sign in screen, also windows updates freeze screen

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: BSOD on sign in screen, also windows updates freeze screen

Hi aballou

Take a look at the link below to show you how to upload the dump files

Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/282628-bsod-sign-screen-also-windows-updates-freeze-screen.html
Relevancy 89.44%

Hi screen windows (black screen startup BSOD and freeze all i have a problem with my pc it randomly freeze at startup BSOD (black screen and windows startup screen freeze getting me black white or distorted screens after min the pc reboot and all go normal this problem can come or times at the same time after the pc BSOD (black screen and windows startup screen freeze finish his reboot it get me an error like this Firma problema Nome evento problema BlueScreen Versione SO ID impostazioni locali Ulteriori informazioni sul problema BCCode BCP FFFFFA B C BCP FFFFF FECBAE BCP FFFFFFFFC A BCP OS Version Service Pack Product and if i go on operative center it get me this Firma del problema Nome evento problema LiveKernelEvent Versione SO ID impostazioni locali Ulteriori informazioni sul problema BCCode BCP FFFFFA AF F BCP FFFFF F C BCP BCP OS Version Service Pack Product ID bucket X x Tdr IMAGE nvlddmkm sys Informazioni sul server e f a - - b - f - c b d here are the information that i see in the bsod post introduction OS -windows x its an assembled pc by me and i ve installed original win Full reatil version the system have week i have upgrade it from an old one created by me year ago the OS has week i have re intsalled it after the upgrade cpu-- gt i K with an after market cooler video card- gt Nvidia GTX with afetr market cooler motherboard - gt asus p z -v gen power supply - gt corsair tx v System Manufacturer gt by me XD here are the output from Windows Vista jcgriff and from perfmon PS sorry for my bad english - -''

A:BSOD (black screen and windows startup screen freeze

Ok 116 error is caused by your Graphics card.
First thing to do is update your drivers from the NVIDIA website.

If BSODs continue Try HDD tests,
download gpu-z to check if your card is getting too hot, also is there lots of dust in the card?

Do you overclock your video card?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-black-screen-and-windows-startup-screen-freeze-622591.html
Relevancy 86.43%

Windows 7 Home Premium: My Boot usually takes about 30 -40 seconds; every once in a while after windows screen boot delays 60 -75 seconds before sign in (this has happened several times and eventually (days or weeks)seems to correct). I have checked drivers, run check disc, memory diagnostics, system restore, driver backup restore, registry errors, System File Checker, etc everything checks out. I have run a boot trace but don't know how to read the results. HELP!EDIT: Moved from Intros to Windows 7~~

A:boot freeze before sign in screen

hi, maybe its not you computer ,but your stop watch .lol

just kidding ,but i do fine it kind of silly to worry about 30 or 40 seconds longer boot time ,[be careful you don't screwup a good working computer trying to fix it ],but maybe you virus scanner or another program that starts at bootup is doing a quick check for updates

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/409666/boot-freeze-before-sign-in-screen/
Relevancy 79.98%

Ok I'm running Windows BSOD: screen in Pixelated Windows 7 freeze Ultimate -bit SP Hardware is about years old I put the system together myself It was originally running Windows XP For the first years everything worked fine I don't think I had a single BSOD or crash of this type but about a year ago it started doing this thing where the screen would become very pixelated and completely freeze I would need to do a hard reset This would happen randomly but usually within - minutes of using the computer It happens when I'm browsing the net or doing random things within Windows but seemingly doesn't ever happen when I'm running a game or anything graphically-intensive I can play World of Warcraft for hours with no crash or problems at all but mins into browing the web BSOD: Pixelated screen freeze in Windows 7 it will freeze I've tested all the memory and replaced the power supply video card and HDD and nothing seems to help It's BSOD: Pixelated screen freeze in Windows 7 doing the same thing no matter what Also I should mention that it started doing this when I still had XP installed and it's continued to do the same thing even now that I have Windows Sometimes there will be a month or two where it doesn't happen at all but then it will just start happening again and do it for a couple months Every time I start the computer without fail it will happen within minutes unless I'm playing a game Also for the first months or so it would just freeze with the pixelated screen and stay like that until I did a hard reset but lately after the screen messes up it BSOD: Pixelated screen freeze in Windows 7 will then switch to a BSOD still pixelated to the point where I can't even read what it says and then shut down I assume it's a hardware problem of some kind since it's persisted across operating systems Any thoughts on what the problem could be I've attached the perfmon report and the script file as instructed in the sticky Thanks

A:BSOD: Pixelated screen freeze in Windows 7

what are you running
video card
cpu
m/board
ram
power supply
brand
model
wattage

check the listings in the bios for voltages and temperatures and post them

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-pixelated-screen-freeze-in-windows-7-a-616215.html
Relevancy 79.55%

My laptop was working fine the other day... Came back to it the next morning and the screen wouldn't come on and it kept resetting every 30 seconds or so. Once I finally got it to boot and get to sign in page the screen was all scrambled. But, everything else worked I could log in but couldn't do anything...

Anyone got a solution?

A:blank screen and restarting laptop every few secs or scrambled screen at sign in screen

What do you mean scrambled?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/300612/blank-screen-and-restarting-laptop-every-few-secs-or-scrambled-screen-at-sign-in-screen/
Relevancy 78.69%

I've been using Windows 10 for just over one year. For some reason the Lock Screen/Sign-in screen shows three users. All three are me in three iterations. I find also that when trying to save some excel and word documents I receive messages saying that i am not allowed to save to this folder or that folder. I am able to save to the desk top and then drag and drop the document into the folder that I need to place it in. I know that this must have something to do with "permissions". Not sure how to fix that. One of the accounts that shows up is the initial account that I created back when hotmail.com was around. Any ideas/advice on these issues? When i updated to Windows 10, pretty certain that i followed all of the instructions, although that has been over 1 year now. Thank you in advance...cheers and beers to all!

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/65074-lock-screen-sign-screen-problems-screen-shows-three-users.html
Relevancy 77.4%

I have WIN98SE, i have Mcafee virus scan,
and the security center.....Everytime i'm on-line,,
and McAfee starts an automatic download of updates,
my screen always freezes up. Does anyone know if there's a quick fix for this,,,,,,other than restarting
my computer?
chuck-HD.

Relevancy 76.54%

Hey all,
I am having problems with the screen freeing when running multiple windows (Chrome, office etc etc). When I try to swap between windows, I get a freeze and I am unable to do anything.
The cursor can be seen moving around the screen but has no effect in any area. The Windows Key doesn't ppear, nor can I tab into another programme.
If I try and start task manager to see which program is causing this, it will not appear over the frozen image.
Is there a way of telling from an event log what program is failing?

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?93064-Screen-freeze-and-black-screen-with-problems-multiple-windows
Relevancy 76.54%

Usually POST screen would show up first with a laptop company logo, but now Windows 7 startup appears first instead.

Then, the Windows 7 startup screen freezes immediately.

What's the problem? Motherboard or corrupted BIOS?

Thanks.

A:No POST screen, straight into Windows 7 startup screen, and freeze

Try a BIOS reset first.
Shut off the computer, remove the power supply, remove the laptop battery. Then press and hold the POWER button for about 30 seconds. Then put everything back together and boot.

See if that gets you the boot screen.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/277851-no-post-screen-straight-into-windows-7-startup-screen-freeze.html
Relevancy 76.54%

I'm running a Dell Inspiron with Vista Home Premium bit SP I've never gotten Screen Updates Windows after (BSOD) Blue the option for an SP download A week ago I ran into some issues with Blue Screen that was somehow Blue Screen (BSOD) after Windows Updates related to Windows Update I posted to this forum and got some great help which seemed to resolve the problem Unfortunately it's back Here's a history Sorry it's so Blue Screen (BSOD) after Windows Updates long I really appreciate all you tech gurus out there that are willing to look at and respond to the concerns of us less gifted WhoCrashed analysis of the minidumps indicated that it was related to my Broadcom network driver However the driver is up to date as far as I can tell from visiting the Del support site so it must not be that--but may be related somehow Everytime I did a system restore to before the Windows Update it worked fine So I just hid that update it was a Defender definition update That seemed to fix the problem Sometime today Windows Update did an auto-update which I didn't notice it just did it in the background I guess it was an update for Update itself Also today apparently after the Update I decided to try a manual Defender definition update I turned my computer off and when I booted up later this afternoon opened up Chrome and back came the ugly BSOD I did a System Restore to before the definition update but after the Windows update still got a BSOD Did another Restore to before the Windows Update Things are running fine now So it must be something with Update But what One possibility is that we have the Content Watch Net Nanny software installed on this laptop It's not bit compatible so it blocks many -bit apps It seemed to be working fine but maybe it conflicts with Updates Or maybe it's just something different Thank Blue Screen (BSOD) after Windows Updates you so much to anybody who reads through this and to anybody who attempts to respond I really appreciate it

A:Blue Screen (BSOD) after Windows Updates

srh

could you go onto c:\windows\minidump, zip the dump file and upload it to us? we can do alot more with the file than the description.

Also tell us about your hardware.. computer, model, ram, etc

thanks on advance

Ken

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/252092-blue-screen-bsod-after-windows-updates.html
Relevancy 71.81%

Hi I have been experiencing screen freeze for the last couple of days that is only remedied by a restart using the reset button This has developed to screen freeze followed by a BSOD and an automatic reboot BSOD Followed By Screen Freeze Presented with the choice of Safe Mode or Normal boot the computer hangs while attempting a Screen Freeze Followed By BSOD normal boot after the password sign in After booting into safe mode I restarted and the computer booted successfully without hanging System remains unstable and I expect a screen freeze any time If I have typos it s as a result of typing fast in expectation of this I have attached the dump files as per the instructions for this forum and I ll add my system hardware here just in case it is not attached to my profile Any help would be greatly appreciated Dan Windows Professional x CPU Intel i GHz Moth Board Gigabyte GA-X A-UD R rev Memory GB Triple Channel Generic Graphics Card - Asus BRAVO SILENT DI GD NVIDIA GeForce GT Sound On board Realtek ALC Monitor HP ZR W x Drives Samsung TB Data Drive Crucial SSD System Drive

A:Screen Freeze Followed By BSOD

Quote: Originally Posted by danseddon

Hi,

I have been experiencing “screen freeze” for the last couple of days that is only remedied by a restart using the reset button. This has developed to “screen freeze” followed by a BSOD and an automatic reboot. Presented with the choice of Safe Mode or Normal boot the computer hangs while attempting a normal boot (after the password sign in). After booting into safe mode I restarted and the computer booted successfully without hanging. System remains unstable and I expect a screen freeze any time. If I have typos it’s as a result of typing fast in expectation of this.

I have attached the dump files as per the instructions for this forum and I’ll add my system hardware here just in case it is not attached to my profile.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Dan.

Windows 7 Professional x64

CPU – Intel i7 950 3.09GHz
Moth Board – Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD3R (rev2.0)
Memory – 6GB Triple Channel (Generic)
Graphics Card - Asus BRAVO 220 SILENT/DI/1GD2 (NVIDIA GeForce GT 220)
Sound – On board Realtek ALC889
Monitor – HP ZR24W 1920x1200
Drives – Samsung 2TB (Data Drive)
Crucial SSD (System Drive)

"It's not a true crash, in the sense that the bluescreen was initiated only because the combination of video driver and video hardware was being unresponsive, and not because of any synchronous processing exception".

Since Vista, the "Timeout Detection and Recovery" (TDR) components of the OS video subsystem have been capable of doing some truly impressive things to try to recover from issues which would have caused earlier OSs like XP to crash.

As a last resort, the TDR subsystem sends the video driver a "please restart yourself now!" command and waits a few seconds.

If there's no response, the OS concludes that the video driver/hardware combo has truly collapsed in a heap, and it fires off that stop 0x116 BSOD.

If playing with video driver versions hasn't helped, make sure the box is not overheating.

Try removing a side panel and aiming a big mains fan straight at the motherboard and GPU.

Run it like that for a few hours or days - long enough to ascertain whether cooler temperatures make a difference.

If so, it might be as simple as dust buildup and subsequently inadequate cooling.

I would download cpu-z and gpu-z (both free) and keep an eye on the video temps Let us know if you need help STOP 0x116: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR troubleshooting

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/197485-screen-freeze-followed-bsod.html
Relevancy 71.38%

I have an Acer AM3400-U2502 desktop computer it came with windows 7 but I have upgraded to Windows 10.
Have been getting along good with it until now. I rebooted and now I cannot get past this screen no matter what I try. Scanning & repairing drive C 17% complete has been running for over 24 hours.. If I press the space bar to soon I get a blue screen that says to choose my keyboard language but no way to do that as my mouse or keyboard won't work so I shut it down again and when it says to press the space bar I do but it automatically goes to scanning and repairing Please any help would be appreciated.

Relevancy 70.95%

Hi. Lately I've had a couple of computer freezes. It happens randomly, sometimes there can be days between each freeze.

When it happens, the screen freezes; the mouse is unresponsive but everything is still showing up on the screen. And if I have music on it stops and this high pitched sound starts playing. So no BSOD.... I End up having to do a hard reset or restart.

I have no idea about what is causing the problem. I need help logging all errors so I can start finding the root of the problem. How do I do that?
I've already tried looking at the event logger in Windows but as far as I could see there were no logs during the system freeze...

A:Screen freeze, unresponsive, no BSOD.

This will help. The BSOD people will need it.

Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/279174-screen-freeze-unresponsive-no-bsod.html
Relevancy 70.95%

EDIT I have been informed by a helpful screen capture that this is the wrong forum However this keeps happening and I am really desperate to try to figure this out I am sorry if this is the wrong forum but I do not clearly see which other support forum to post about quot system halts that are as bad as a BSOD but do not show a BSOD quot They are all about specific topics and without knowing why this is happening I can't know where to post about this So where should I go with this It's difficult to describe exactly what happened but the on-screen graphics became distorted Screen/Sound Freeze Non-BSOD and the sound from music got quot stuck quot on one note or tone that played endlessly Nothing responded to mouse or keyboard input Had to hard reset Things that may be causing this guessing here Installed a new video card HIS Radeon R I added this a few months ago and haven't had any major problems I can recall Reinstalled windows on a new SSD SAMSUNG EVO -D Vertical More recent but also haven't had any problems yet Started using a new USB mouse Actually it's a regular-old Microsoft Intellimouse I've had for years Seems unlikely but the last time I had BSOD issues it was a USB driver Sometimes Windows doesn't recognize the mouse on waking from sleep and I have to re-plug it Enabled hibernate put computer into hibernate and restored it for the first time with this SSD and install of Windows Again seems unlikely but I did this today DM Log attached I actually just got prompted to install a new version of the AMD drivers but I'm not sure whether this will impact anything If I should run the DM log utility again I will Any help offered would be greatly appreciated

Relevancy 70.95%

Hello there I ve recently just started having a problem with my ASUS g vt laptop I was playing minecraft when my computer blue screen d randomly but right before that happened I think the nvidia display driver stopped working which happens once every few weeks or so but it recovers after a few seconds And now what happens is as the computer is starting up it gets stuck on the windows welcome screen and then eventually either goes to the blue screen of death or freeze/BSOD screen wanted, Help welcome just doesn t do anything and I have to manually restart What I ve noticed so far is that it has something to do with my nvidia display driver because I booted into safe mode and uninstalled the driver for it and I was able to boot up just fine in normal boot I ve tried installing the latest nvidia driver for my card as well as installing the one directly from the asus website specifically for my laptop I also tried doing a system restore to days before Help wanted, welcome screen freeze/BSOD the crash that didn t help Asus tech support told me to reformat but I Help wanted, welcome screen freeze/BSOD m not quite ready to do that yet It s sort of a last resort Any help would be greatly appreciated My graphics card is a nvidia GS mb and I am running Windows -bit Here s a picture taken from my phone of what my screen looks like when it freezes nbsp

Relevancy 70.95%

Hello,

I originally thought I had fixed my crashing problems with some new bios updates but apparently that hasn't eliminated it at all.

Lately it's been crashing a bit more. I tried doing a Disk Cleanup as well as an error check. That didn't seem to remedy anything. I've attached a zip folder with all the recent crash results and such.

I've run Memtest86+ before but had gotten 8 passes. This was with all 4x8gb memory sticks still installed. I have not tried to run the test with individual sticks.

Please help if possible. Any tips/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

A:BSOD / Screen Freeze just on regular use

Code:
BugCheck 124, {4, fffffa800eded8d8, 0, 0}

Probably caused by : GenuineIntel

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

Code:
Device Id :
VenId:DevId : 8086:2f08

Code:
I/O Port 0x000003C0-0x000003DF NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970
I/O Port 0x000003C0-0x000003DF Intel(R) Xeon(R) E5 v3/Core i7 PCI Express Root Port 3 - 2F08
There are 4 PCIe ports on your motherboard. Apply the graphics card to any other port.

See how it goes. let us know.

Also, (after applying the card in another port) stress test the Graphics Card using Furmark. Video Card - Stress Test with Furmark
Take a screenshot of the furmark window before closing it. Upload the screenshot for us. And ley us know if you experience any artifacts or crashes during the test.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/362269-bsod-screen-freeze-just-regular-use.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Hello everyone, how are you all doing?

So, I recently updated my system to windows 10 in hope of ending all the BSODs and glitches I was getting with my windows 7....

It all started very well, but after a little while the BSOD started all over again and a lot of screen freezing... Totally randomed... Even when computer was left alone, downloading or something, the screen freezes...

Anyone can help?

Attached is log collector

Tks

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/46362-random-bsod-screen-freeze.html
Relevancy 70.95%

My password did not work on the windows startup screen.

I ended up boot in safe mode, and doing a memory test, and now it works fine.

But I know a memory test would not of fixed it? Am I going to be getting this error again? Is this a sign of something about to break down on me? or by going in safemode, did I get a better driver load?

I did try rebooting it several times before doing the safemode boot, and nothing worked. But all is fine now... for now. should I be concerned? or did I just get lucky? lol.

It was a windows 7 on a Sony Laptop. (caps was off, password was correct)

A:Did not let me sign in to the windows startup screen

Hello jim54729 and welcome to Seven Forums,

I'm not sure why you had this issue and how it sorted itself out...
What you might want to do is create a password reset disk.
If something does go wrong again, it might come in handy!

Password Reset Disk : Windows 7 / Vista

hope this helps,
David

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/291140-did-not-let-me-sign-windows-startup-screen.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Anyone know how to get this pOS to stop sending my laptop to the sign-in screen? I've run netplwiz and disabled the password, and tweaked every power option I can find, but this pOS keeps throwing the sign-in screen at me.

A:Disabling Windows 10 sign-in screen?

Is this after sleep/wake? Have you looked at "sign-in options"?

https://hardforum.com/threads/disabling-windows-10-sign-in-screen.1905005/
Relevancy 70.95%

Hello,

My problem is pretty much summed up in my title. :) I have a Dell Latitude laptop, and it runs fine until the sign-in window, and then the keyboard (99% of the time) and the mouse lock up, and it seems all that works is shutting down the computer. Microsoft has an article concerning a problem that sounds similar to this, [URL="http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;294427"] but I tried running Windows using the F8 key, and I received no error message. I could really use some help!! If you have the answer, please post! Thanks!

"Jim"

A:Windows XP freezes up at sign-in screen

welcome
can you enter safe mode and go to the power options section in your control panel>
select never to hybernation, disable it

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-xp-freezes-up-at-sign-in-screen-93778.html
Relevancy 70.95%

After reinstalling Windows XP a sign on screen pops up the small rectangle box asking for a password. Like the one in Windows 2000. How do I get rid of the sign on screen. Been to user accounts but it still pops up.
Thanks

A:Solved: Windows sign on screen

Would this be what you want to do?

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/setup/tips/advanced/autologon.mspx

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-sign-on-screen.977027/
Relevancy 70.52%

started a couple days ago. everytime i put my computer to sleep i come to a Environmental background page (beaches and forests and such, changes each time) then i have to click to make that go away, then i have to click Sign-in (i don't have a password and i disabled password in netplwiz).

What gives? I never had to do this before. I prefer just clicking a button on my keyboard and my desktop popping up i don't like having to click through 2 separate pages. How do i fix this?

http://www.pchelpforum.com/windows-10-a/128063-annoying-splash-screen-sign-screen.html
Relevancy 70.52%

When I shut down my PC at night I leave my tower powered up but switch off my Monitor and my 5.1 speaker system. When I switch my monitor on again the next day it has previously always shown the Windows account sign in page until the last two days when I get a black screen on powering up my monitor. Yesterday I had the mouse pointer showing and I could move it about but today I didn't even have that. Both days I had to crash reboot my PC using the lower button on the tower and my PC worked normally from then until I switched it off again at bedtime last night, when as I said I got a total black screen this morning.

Does anyone have any idea what is causing this and how to solve it?.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/265407/black-welcome-screen-instead-of-sign-in-screenhelp-needed/
Relevancy 70.52%

started a couple days ago. everytime i put my computer to sleep i come to a Environmental background page (beaches and forests and such, changes each time) then i have to click to make that go away, then i have to click Sign-in (i don't have a password and i disabled password in netplwiz).

What gives? I never had to do this before. I prefer just clicking a button on my keyboard and my desktop popping up i don't like having to click through 2 separate pages. How do i fix this?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/annoying-splash-screen-and-sign-in-screen.1163910/
Relevancy 70.09%

Hello So I began having issues with my PC freezing up or giving me the BSOD while playing games Half of the time my picture will distort and freeze When this happens the whole computer is unresponsive then ends up requiring a reset The other half I will receive the BSOD When this began I used HWMonitor to try and narrow down the issue and notice my CPU temp would spike up to c during heavy load Screen Freeze games. Sometimes BSOD while playing So I cleaned my case out put new thermal paste on and brought a new heatsink This got my temp down a lot to about c during gaming and c while idle Although I made this change I still had random freezes and BSOD I also ran Memtest to make BSOD Sometimes Screen Freeze while playing games. sure my memory was ok and everything came back clear Last but not least I upgraded the firmware on my SSD Unfortunately I'm still not having any luck I don't have an extra GPU or PSU to narrow it down anymore but would hoping maybe you guys might see something that BSOD Sometimes Screen Freeze while playing games. could be at fault before I buy any replacement parts So far that where I'm currently at Thanks guys BSOD Sometimes Screen Freeze while playing games. OS - Windows Home Premium x Original OS Not OEM Verison Hardware is about years old GPU is year old Current OS is approximately years old Have you re-installed the OS Not yet Intel i k ghz Sapphire Radeon HD ASRock Z Extreme Gen Power Supply - XFX TS Watt Desktop PC

A:BSOD Sometimes Screen Freeze while playing games.

Please update the following driver:

Code:
3: kd> lmvm xusb21
start end module name
fffff880`06655000 fffff880`06665d80 xusb21 T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: xusb21.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\xusb21.sys
Image name: xusb21.sys
Timestamp: Wed Apr 08 15:28:44 2009 (49DCB49C)
CheckSum: 000135AC
ImageSize: 00010D80
Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
The driver belongs to Xbox USB Wireless Controller, it is known to cause BSOD issues.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-sometimes-screen-freeze-while-playing-games-1021586.html
Relevancy 70.09%

I'm getting this crazy screen freeze issue. My screen will go into a crazy plaid type pattern for a few then just freeze. also random blue screens of death. i've reinstalled windows from scratch. if anybody can help it would be appreciated.

A:Bsod and crazy screen freeze issue

Hello,

This looks and sounds like a hardware problem; RAM is a likely culprit. Try running Memtest86, as well as the Blend and Large FFTs Prime95 tests.

RAM - Test with Memtest86+

Hardware - Stress Test With Prime95

...Summary of the dumps:

Code:

Built by: 7600.16988.x86fre.win7_gdr.120401-1505
Debug session time: Fri Jul 20 19:14:08.917 2012 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:02:36.008
Probably caused by : CLASSPNP.SYS ( CLASSPNP!ClasspSendMediaStateIrp+2f8 )
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN7_DRIVER_FAULT
BUGCHECK_STR: 0xA
PROCESS_NAME: System
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0xA_CLASSPNP!ClasspSendMediaStateIrp+2f8
BiosReleaseDate = 09/10/2009
SystemProductName = KJ385AA-ABA a6433w
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Built by: 7600.16988.x86fre.win7_gdr.120401-1505
Debug session time: Tue Jul 17 09:47:40.614 2012 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 1 days 1:54:59.705
Probably caused by : ntkrpamp.exe ( nt!ObReferenceObjectSafe+3 )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x50
PROCESS_NAME: dw20.exe
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x50_nt!ObReferenceObjectSafe+3
BiosReleaseDate = 09/10/2009
SystemProductName = KJ385AA-ABA a6433w
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/242467-bsod-crazy-screen-freeze-issue.html
Relevancy 70.09%

Hello all I'm hoping some of you can help repeat PC across BSOD > Freeze/lines into screen me out My problem is I cannot boot my PC into normal windows without it crashing after seconds and now it won't start at all into windows after trying again and again rebooting I can however start into safe PC Freeze/lines across screen into BSOD > repeat mode which I am currently on now without my PC crashing I still recieve lines across my screen I will attach a picture of the BSOD once I get a chance - I would attach the dmp file but I cannot in PC Freeze/lines across screen into BSOD > repeat safe mode as I do not have permission Things I have tried I have reset my PC about times in hope I have already tried adjusting the cables and making sure they're firmly in their components I have cleaned out my GPU and PC I ran a memtest and there was no issues I have reinstalled my GPU driver All windows updates are up to date This is an absoulute nightmare so I would appreciate some help Thank you in advance Luke

A:PC Freeze/lines across screen into BSOD > repeat

can you post the dump files as per the BSOD posting instructions?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/377995-pc-freeze-lines-across-screen-into-bsod-repeat.html
Relevancy 70.09%

i7 920 stock+Titan fenrir cool+arctic 5
Asus P6TD deluxe v2
Powercolor 5850 manuf. OC'd MW2 edition
Corsair HX 750W
HAF 922 case
WD caviar black 500gb

Samsung 24" 1080p HDMI 2ms p2450h

Bad company 2 (and other games) are freezing like this unexpectedly after either 10 mins or 2 hours or never while gaming. Very annoying, brand new build.

Win 7 ultimate x64 + latest ATI drivers, BIOS

Brand new system and this is the first and only OS install

Antivirus: Avast free

Video I made of the problem:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a61LBtqIFr0

The BSOD files you want:

A:Screen freeze, sound repeat log says BSOD

These crashes all point to hardware. Please use these instructions to find out what that means and to figure out what to try.

http://www.sevenforums.com/crash-loc...-what-try.html

Code:

Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.12.0002.633 X86
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\TUANTR~1\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$DI00.434\072610-23524-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

Symbol search path is: SRV*e:\symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7600 MP (8 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS
Built by: 7600.16539.amd64fre.win7_gdr.100226-1909
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`02a06000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`02c43e50
Debug session time: Mon Jul 26 21:39:03.134 2010 (UTC + 7:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:00:15.258
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Mini Kernel Dump does not contain unloaded driver list
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 124, {0, fffffa8006aed8f8, 0, 0}

Probably caused by : hardware

---------

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/100059-screen-freeze-sound-repeat-log-says-bsod.html
Relevancy 70.09%

I have a Windows home premium 64 bit OS, it's OEM and the original OS on the pc. I got the PC last november, and have not reinstalled the OS.

I've experienced BSOD error messages, screen freezes, auto restarts and yesterday it wouldn't initiate anything but the fans (it does now for some reason). I've done a complete system/ virus check (norton 360). I've done a memory check, and a disk check, neither gave any proper results, though the disk check freezed completely twice (had to reboot). I've attached the info dump thingy as requested here, but I have no idea how to do a system health check (pc language is norwegian, so searching for it/ attempted translations didn't work out too well..)

any help on either the errors or the system health check would be great

Forgot to add: I tried using windows update, but then the system wouldn't start and made me reset the comp to before the update

A:BSOD, screen freeze and auto-restarts

managed to do the system health report now, any help is appreciated

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/147494-bsod-screen-freeze-auto-restarts.html
Relevancy 70.09%

lately my computer just been freezing with a black screen and having issues with BSOD

A:BSOD and sometimes black screen freeze by just using computer

Hello anonymousmurder, Welcome to SF

First off if your OCing in anyway stop, return everything to stock settings for the purposes of testing

If you havent already, fill in your system specs so we know what we are dealing with
System Info - See Your System Specs

Run some scans to check against virus or infection
Anti-rootkit utility TDSSKiller
Windows Defender Offline

Run some basic hardware tests
RAM - Test with Memtest86+
Disk Check (windows based check)
Hard Drive Diagnostic Procedure (bootable disk check)

OK thats the general stuff now down to specifics
1st dump reports BugCode 0x1 BSOD Index and doesnt give us a great deal to go on as its quite unusual and blames the driver AgileVpn.sys which is a driver from windows update so cannot really cause a BSOD

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *
BugCheck 1, {73732e09, 0, 1, fffff8800ebe2ca0}
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KiSystemServiceExit+245 )
---------
4: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *
APC_INDEX_MISMATCH (1)
This is a kernel internal error. The most common reason to see this
bugcheck is when a filesystem or a driver has a mismatched number of
calls to disable and re-enable APCs. The key data item is the
Thread->CombinedApcDisable field. This consists of two separate 16-bit
fields, the SpecialApcDisable and the KernelApcDisable. A negative value
of either indicates that a driver has disabled special or normal APCs
(respectively) without re-enabling them; a positive value indicates that
a driver has enabled special or normal APCs (respectively) too many times.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000073732e09, Address of system call function or worker routine
Arg2: 0000000000000000, Thread->ApcStateIndex
Arg3: 0000000000000001, (Thread->SpecialApcDisable << 16) | Thread->KernelApcDisable
Arg4: fffff8800ebe2ca0, Call type (0 - system call, 1 - worker routine)
Debugging Details:
------------------

FAULTING_IP:
+0
00000000`73732e09 c3 ret
CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x1
PROCESS_NAME: ccsvchst.exe
CURRENT_IRQL: 0
LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from fffff800030da569 to fffff800030dafc0
STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`0ebe2a68 fffff800`030da569 : 00000000`00000001 00000000`73732e09 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000001 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`0ebe2a70 fffff800`030da4a0 : 00000000`00000000 fffff880`0ebe2ca0 00000000`00000000 fffff800`033c0be3 : nt!KiBugCheckDispatch+0x69
fffff880`0ebe2bb0 00000000`73732e09 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiSystemServiceExit+0x245
00000000`0325f068 00000000`00000000 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : 0x73732e09

STACK_COMMAND: kb
FOLLOWUP_IP:
nt!KiSystemServiceExit+245
fffff800`030da4a0 4883ec50 sub rsp,50h
SYMBOL_STACK_INDEX: 2
SYMBOL_NAME: nt!KiSystemServiceExit+245
FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner
MODULE_NAME: nt
IMAGE_NAME: ntkrnlmp.exe
DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 503f82be
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x1_SysCallNum_4_nt!KiSystemServiceExit+245
BUCKET_ID: X64_0x1_SysCallNum_4_nt!KiSystemServiceExit+245
---------
2nd dump BugCheck 0x3B... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/271637-bsod-sometimes-black-screen-freeze-just-using-computer.html
Relevancy 70.09%

Dell 8.1 sign-in to not will Windows boot user screen PC Windows bit GB RAM When the computer boots it gets as far as the Windows welcome screen but no further I have tried to use a bootable Windows installation disc to troubleshoot the problem The Refresh option results in Windows 8.1 will not boot to user sign-in screen the error quot The drive where Windows is installed is locked Unlock the drive and try again quot The System Restore option fails to restore an earlier restore point The Automatic Repair options results in an error message quot Automatic Repair couldn't repair your PC quot I thought I might be able to do a repair install but that is not possible unless the computer is already booted into Windows I cannot even boot in Safe Mode I am hoping I do not have to completely install Windows as I would need to install all my other application software I would be very grateful for any suggestions to fix this problem In particular how do I unlock the Windows drive

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/75873-windows-8-1-will-not-boot-user-sign-screen.html
Relevancy 70.09%
Relevancy 70.09%

My logon type continues to stay as the Windows 2000 classic logon prompt when I start my computer, even though I prefer to have the XP style... I have it switched to XP style logon in account settings, but it does not change it back. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Relevancy 70.09%

hi,i'm using a lenovo laptop....recently i updated the OS to windos10... my administrator mood is working fine but when i sign in for other user, the screen goes blank... i dont understand, why !!! i have created new users for several times...but everytime the screen becomes blank (Black), when i tried to sign in for the user mood... can anyone gim'me suggestions for solving this problem.thanks

A:black screen when sign up for new user windows 10

Fix: Corrupt User Profile in Windows 10http://windowsreport.com/corrupt-us...Re-Create User Profile (Windows)https://community.spiceworks.com/ho...How to fix a corrupt user profile in Windows: The User Profile Service failed the logonhttp://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/how-to/w...

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-10/black-screen-when-sign-up-for-new-user-windows-10/461.html
Relevancy 69.66%

With Help from this forum about three months ago I was able to troubleshoot and fix issues with a defective installed Video Driver, but starting about a week ago once again I've been getting BSOD and also freeze-ups [without BSOD] that go to a Black Screen and then I need to reboot.

I had installed the latest Adobe flash upgrade minutes before this crash, after reboot system recommended a boot-up files fix from the menu that went on to restored the previous 'restore-point' configuration, apparently Flash was uninstalled [as Adobe/Flash requested a new install right after the reboot], unfortunately even so the system crashed a minute after again, this time I got a BSOD that reported something related to a Driver, unfortunately I forgot to do a screen-grab.

Hopefully this latest BSOD file dump is uploaded here, Could some one take a look and see which driver or what else could be causing a problem now?

Thanks

A:Sporatic BSOD and Black Screen Freeze-ups/Crash

Hi mackado,

I'm going to need 1 more log file to deduce the problem.

Please follow the steps below:
Go to: Start > Type: msconfig.exe - Press Enter
Go to the tab 'Boot'
Bottom of the window there are check-boxes, tick the one called 'Boot log'
Press Apply/OK
Shutdown the PC
Wait 10 seconds
Turn on PC
Go to - C:\Windows and find a file called ntbtlog.txt
Upload this file to this thread
Once you have uploaded the file, I will take a look and we'll see what we can do from there.

MistUnleashed

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/372690-sporatic-bsod-black-screen-freeze-ups-crash.html
Relevancy 69.66%

For several weeks several times a day my computer freezes and if left goes to a blank screen that's dark blue almost black with a lighter blue edge From here it requires a hard shutdown and when rebooting the usual screen about a shutdown not done correctly offering boot to safe mode etc Early on the error message the went by mentioned Mailwasher a mail screening utility that automatically checks for mail and pre-screens it before downloading it I disabled the automatic features and now launch and use it manually but that hasn't solved the problem I saw one or two mentions of BlueScreen in the system logs so went out to the Windows Seven BSOD forum and posted Arc was very helpful and directed me to make a couple of blank - Freeze, times BSOD a apparently day screen, several not changes but those didn't stop the problem In the last data I posted back he saw no BSODs The thread is here So it's back to diagnosis Can anybody help me to find and fix the problem I'm not real experienced but can Freeze, blank screen, several times a day - apparently not BSOD follow instructions if they are not too technical I have looked over some of the tutorials but they mostly lost me but I was able to collect the data according to instructions using the SF Debug Tool v bat Surely there is information in a log file or someplace that can help find the problem The system logs show many quot error quot events and an occasional quot critical quot event but I don't know how to interpret them The crash often happens when I'm not at the keyboard or overnight so I don't see the error message if there is one My wife describes it as follows playing solitaire not MS Solitaire but the old Solitude cursor dsappears after about sec screen goes blank lights on reset button flashing Any help would be greatly appreciated Optiker

A:Freeze, blank screen, several times a day - apparently not BSOD

If you haven't already done so you could try running a couple of utilities to see if you have any system file issues or hard drive issues. Run a System File Checker scan from an elevated command prompt (Option Two, Step 1.) If problems are found run the scan at least three times and reboot the computer immediately after each scan.

SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

You could also try running a Disk Check. If you leave both boxes unchecked (Option One, Step 5) the scan will generate a report showing if there are any drive errors. If errors are found you could run the scan again selecting to fix file errors and/or physical errors.

Disk Check

If still no joy, one of the Forum experts prepared this troubleshooting guide with several other steps you can take including additional hardware checks.

Troubleshooting Steps for Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/323008-freeze-blank-screen-several-times-day-apparently-not-bsod.html
Relevancy 69.66%

Hi, i've been getting occasional screen freezes and more recently BSOD, mostly when playing games.

I would appreciate any help or advice you can offer from the files i have attached as i'm not able to read any of the crash dump files.

Thanks!

A:BSOD and occasional screen freeze (especially when playing games)

Hello,

MSINFO:

Code:
Start Menu\Programs\Advanced SystemCare 5 Public:Start Menu\Programs\Advanced SystemCare 5 Public
Please unisntall Advanced System Care, this programs is known to cause problems as it modifies the registry.

DUMP Analysis:

Code:
MaxSpeed: 3400
CurrentSpeed: 3502
I suggest that you set everything to default as O/C is very risky, and could be the potential cause of the BSOD.

All the dump files are blaming hardware. Please do the following:

Quote:
BugCheck 0x124

Warning
Before you proceed with the following, answer these two questions: Are you still under warranty? Does your warranty allow you to open up the machine to check hardware? If you are unsure of the answers to these questions, contact your system manufacturer. WARNING: The steps that follow can void your warranty!!!

For your hardware stop 0x124 crash, read through Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try and use the following hardware checks to supplement that link.
If you are overclocking any hardware, please stop.

If you have an SSD, make sure the following are up to date:SSD firmware
BIOS Version
Chipset Drivers
Hard disk controller drivers/SATA drivers
If you have a Marvell IDE ATA/ATAPI device, make sure the drivers are up to date from the Intel site or Marvell site and not from your motherboard/vendor support site.

Run all but the advanced tests with SeaTools for HDDs.SeaTools for Windows

SeaTools for DOS
Monitor temperatures during the following tests. Use the following programs to monitor the temperatures. Real Temp is a good CPU temperature monitor.
Speccy - System Information - Free Download will monitor all hardware temperatures.
HWiNFO, HWiNFO32 & HWiNFO64 - Hardware Information and Analysis Tools can be inaccurate for CPU temperatures, but is a good program for GPU temperature monitoring.
Use FurMark: VGA Stress Test, Graphics Card and GPU Stability Test, Burn-in Test, OpenGL Benchmark and GPU Temperature | oZone3D.Net to test the graphics card GPU. Let it run until the GPU temperatures even out or until the GPU temperatures reach a dangerous level (you can find the max temperature for your card on either the nVidia or AMD sites; if you are not sure, ask us). The goal is to get a steady temperature, find out if the GPU is overheating, or to see if there are any artifacts present in the test itself: look for strange pixelated patterns on the screen or colors that do not look like they belong. Then use the |MG| Video Memory Stress Test 1.7.116 Download to test your graphics card memory. Let the memory test run for at least seven passes; the more the better.

Run Hardware - Stress Test With Prime95 to determine any hardware problems. Run all three tests for a few hours each. If you get errors, stop the test and post back here.

Follow the steps for doing CPU stress test using IntelBurnTest

Run the boot version of Memtest86+ paying close attention to Parts 2 and 3 of the tutorial. Also, in case Memtest86+ misses anything and comes up with no errors, run the extended version of the Windows Memory Diagnostics Tool for at least five passes. These you may want to run overnight since they take a long time to complete (run them an hour before bed each of the next two nights and check before going to sleep that they are still running).

For Part 3: If You Have Errors: If you swap any memory components, follow these steps for ESD safety:Shut down and turn off your computer.
Unplug all power supplies to the computer (AC Power then battery for laptops, AC power for desktops)
Hold down the power button for 30 seconds to close the circuit and ensure all power drains from components.
Make sure you are grounded by using proper grounding techniques, i.e. work on an anti-static workbench, anti-static desk, or an anti-static pad. Hold something metallic while touching it to the anti-static surface, or use an anti-static wristband to attach to the anti-static material while worki... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/244100-bsod-occasional-screen-freeze-especially-when-playing-games.html
Relevancy 69.66%

Hello,

I have search for my problem but no luck. I don't really know that much about computers and this is getting frustrating.

It all started about 2 months ago when i got the BSOD 0x00000124 ... i used to get it only once week. 5 days ago i decided to format my PC factory new and i thought i was gonna get rid of it that way.... but i don't what whent wrong and since the day i formated my PC a get it everytime i turn my computer on...i use it for about 20 to 30 minutes and then the BSOD appears and sometimes a GRAY freeze screen (right now i get the gray screen more often than the BSOD screen). Like i said i don't know crap about computers and don't know whats going on. Please help

Here is photo i took of the Gray screen.

My Pc:

HP Pavillion Slimline s5310y PC

A:BSOD Randomly 0x00000124 & Gray Freeze Screen

PimpTrooper
Re your BSoD's....

> We do need the DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.

You may be able to get the DMP files without crashing by booting into safe mode (F8) with networking.

The procedure:

* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
To ensure minidumps are enabled:

*Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl Press Enter.
*Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery - Settings... button.
*Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
*Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kb) in the drop down box (the 256kb varies).
*Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
*OK.
Reboot if changes have been made.

> In the interim please refer to....
Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/192752-bsod-randomly-0x00000124-gray-freeze-screen.html
Relevancy 69.66%

Hello... hope someone can help me.

I previously had a problem and it turned out to be a driver, everything has been running fine since then... up until now.

Runnning windows 7 and getting BSOD, a plain blue screen or blackscreen then quickly freezes up with a blank screen.

To best of my knowledge all drivers are updated.

Computer is Hewlett-Packard h8-1114 2.00
3.10 gigahertz Intel Core i5-2400
256 kilobyte primary memory cache
1024 kilobyte secondary memory cache
6144 kilobyte tertiary memory cache
64-bit ready
Multi-core (4 total)
Not hyper-threaded
Seems to only happen when I have firefox open, I tried clearing cache....no luck. Tried starting with fresh window, still crashes.

I ran the DM log colector v1.2 and attached the file.

Thank you very much,

Scott

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/395301-getting-bsod-just-blue-screen-black-sceen-then-freeze.html
Relevancy 69.23%

I am having a problem getting my laptop to boot all the way. It will boot up to the Windows log in screen but the cursor/mouse freezes and can not move to activate log in box to sign in.
I am able to boot and use safe mode but this is the only way I can get a complete boot up.

I would appreciate any help I can get as I do not want to lose all the info I have on computer.

Thanks in advance
Don

A:Laptop will not boot past windows sign in screen

Hello.Please provide the following information.OSWhen did the problem begin?Any abnormal behavior of the computer near the time the problem began?Has the computer had a malware infection at some time in the recent past?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/330389/laptop-will-not-boot-past-windows-sign-in-screen/
Relevancy 69.23%

Hi everyone I'm trying to find a registry hack or something to address the change Microsoft made going from Windows x to Windows Here is a quick run-down of what Microsoft changed My wife and I have children One of our PCs is used by all of the children There are Microsoft accounts set up on that PC one for each of the children plus one that I have set up I Sign-in 10 which show Windows users are in want signed to Screen as the Admin account Windows x indicated on the Sign-in Screen which users were already logged I want Windows 10 Sign-in Screen to show which users are signed in signed in So if the Sign-in Screen was displayed you could see right there if anyone was signed into their account For example if of the accounts on our PC were already signed in then right there on the Sign-in Screen below the picture and name of those users that are already signed in it says quot Signed in quot for each of those users You know right there at the Sign-in Screen if anyone is already signed in that might need to sign out before a restart or shutdown Windows removed this information indication If you are already signed into an account then you can look and see which users if any are signed in and there is no guesswork needed However if you are at the Sign-in Screen and want to restart or shutdown the PC while one or more users are signed in then you are told users are signed in but have no idea which users are signed I want Windows 10 Sign-in Screen to show which users are signed in in The only way to know which users are signed in is to sign into one of the accounts and find out I am looking for a registry hack group policy or some simple program application that will turn on the ability to have or force the Windows Anniversary Update version Sign-in Screen to indicate which if any users are already signed in like Windows x's Sign-in Screen did That information indication on the Sign-in Screen was quite helpful Any help or a point in the right direction would be greatly appreciated Thank you in advance -Liberty

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/62289-i-want-windows-10-sign-screen-show-users-signed.html
Relevancy 69.23%

Yesterday I did a windows update and my login screen went from the windows default screen (which I liked) to the windows spotlight screen. (you know the one that changes the photos daily) and the lock screen went from the spotlight screen to black.

I have partially fixed the issue: I now have the login screen with the spotlight feature on and I also I have the lock screen with the spotlight feature. I am also able to make the lock screen with the spotlight feature on with a solid color for the sign in screen but I cannot figure out how to get the sign on screen to the default windows picture. See photo.
How can I make this my login background & my lock screen the windows spotlight.

Thank you!

http://www.tenforums.com/customization/64688-issue-windows-lock-sign-screen-after-updating.html
Relevancy 69.23%

Hi I have had a real slow shut down time and I get this black screen showing my arrow curser for about a full minute before I see my icons I have down everything I know to clean fix and scan and can t figure it out AVG says I have nothing as well as malwarebyes Here is my hijack log Can anyone take a look at this for me or give me some direction Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C Windows system taskeng exeC Windows Explorer EXEC Windows system Dwm exeC Program Files MSN Toolbar Platform mswinext exeC Windows System hkcmd exeC Windows System igfxpers exeC Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exeC Windows system igfxsrvc exeC Program Files Realtek Audio HDA RtHDVCpl exeC Program Files Common Files Pure Networks Shared Platform nmctxth exeC Program Files Pure Networks Network Magic nmapp exeC Program Files LogMeIn x LogMeInSystray exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin HpqSRmon exeC Program Files Microsoft Office Down/Black sign Slow screen in Shut after windows Office Slow Shut Down/Black screen after windows sign in GrooveMonitor exeC Program Files HiYo Bin HiYo exeC Users Slow Shut Down/Black screen after windows sign in Carla AppData Local Google Update GoogleUpdate exeC Program Files eFax Messenger J GDllCmd exeC Program Files Slow Shut Down/Black screen after windows sign in Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exeC Program Files LogMeIn x LMIGuardian exeC Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exeC Program Files iolo System Mechanic Professional System Shield ioloSSTray exeC Windows system wbem unsecapp exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgtray exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgui exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgscanx exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Windows Live Toolbar wltuser exeC Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SCServer SCServer exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Windows system NOTEPAD EXEC Users Carla AppData Local Microsoft Windows Temporary Internet Files Content IE MC V HijackThis exeC Windows system SearchFilterHost exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http en us acer yahoo comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http en us acer yahoo comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride localR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dllO - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dllO - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO Search Helper - EBF - F- bff-A F-B E AAC B - C Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack Search Helper SEPsearchhelperie dllO - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveShellExtensions dllO - BHO no name - A F B - A - AA - D - B B E - no file O - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dllO - BHO Adobe PDF Conversion Too... Read more

A:Slow Shut Down/Black screen after windows sign in

Welcome to the BleepingComputer Forums. Since it has been a few days since you scanned your computer with HijackThis, we will need a new HijackThis log. If you have not already downloaded Random's System Information Tool (RSIT), please download Random's System Information Tool (RSIT) by random/random which includes a HijackThis log and save it to your desktop. If you have RSIT already on your computer, please run it again. Double click on RSIT.exe to run RSIT. Click Continue at the disclaimer screen. Please post the contents of log.txt. Thank you for your patience.Please see Preparation Guide for use before posting about your potential Malware problem. If you have already posted this log at another forum or if you decide to seek help at another forum, please let us know. There is a shortage of helpers and taking the time of two volunteer helpers means that someone else may not be helped. Please post your HijackThis log as a reply to this thread and not as an attachment. I am always leery of opening attachments so I always request that HijackThis logs are to be posted as a reply to the thread. I do not think that you are attaching anything scary but others may do so. While we are working on your HijackThis log, please: Reply to this thread; do not start another! Do not make any changes on your computer during the cleaning process or download/add programs on your computer unless instructed to do so. Do not run any other tool until instructed to do so! Let me know if any of the links do not work or if any of the tools do not work. Tell me about problems or symptoms that occur during the fix. Do not run any other programs or open any other windows while doing a fix. Ask any questions that you have regarding the fix(es), the infection(s), the performance of your computer, etc.Thanks.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/334459/slow-shut-downblack-screen-after-windows-sign-in/
Relevancy 68.8%

Various BSODs e a a this one with Driver Verifier on and some others I've forgotten old dumps wiped but pointed to ntoskrnl exe So I've been dealing with this problem for a few months now I first suspected a RAM problem but the problem persisted even when replacing it with new modules I'll be running testing overnight probably so I'm wondering if it's maybe the ram slots I've had (multiple at idle/gaming/anything freeze BSOD codes) or screen the same problem using all This is even a problem when I replaced my hdd with a ssd so I'm pretty sure it's not a Windows problem per se I've re-installed Windows Ultimate SP x twice now The first time I tried to let Windows handle all the driver installs instead of going BSOD (multiple codes) or screen freeze at idle/gaming/anything through and installing myself but it didn't want to do that so I went and installed them which caused a ton of BSODs freezing hanging I'm on my second OS install and while the frequency isn't there the problem persists I'm at the point where I'm about to send out all hardware I can for RMA just in case there is something wrong with it Could this be some weird driver conflict that I can't figure out How can I go about trying to figure out what drivers have been conflicting over hard drives and OS installs Anyway I've attached the two minidumps I currently have with other requested information and will upload more when they happen and I'm running with Driver Verifier on If there's any more info I need to provide or if something isn't making sense I apologize I'm not really sure what information is relevant to trying to fix this before I go computer-less for several weeks I've seen some similar threads but they're either not quite the same or there was never any follow-up on whether or not a solution worked Thanks a ton for taking the time out to look at this stuff

A:BSOD (multiple codes) or screen freeze at idle/gaming/anything

Was running Prime95 on Blend mode and the system froze after only a few minutes. Results file doesn't really help:

[Mon Oct 13 09:35:17 2014]
FATAL ERROR: Rounding was 0.5, expected less than 0.4
Hardware failure detected, consult stress.txt file.
FATAL ERROR: Rounding was 0.5, expected less than 0.4
Hardware failure detected, consult stress.txt file.

Update: Ran Driver Verifier all weekend with no problems (last time I did this, it was BSODs left and right). Could the issue have been driver related or should I brave three weeks without hardware?

Another update 10/14: attached two minidumps from this morning

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/348661-bsod-multiple-codes-screen-freeze-idle-gaming-anything.html
Relevancy 68.8%

HP 9190nl desktop. It was an OEM based vista desktop but I did a clean windows 7 HP x86 install so I'm running on windows 7 now. Have this computer for about 4 years.

Getting almost daily and they always happen during the first hour of a cold boot. Like 1-6 BSOD or/and screen freeze per cold boot.

Dmp files added using jcgriff2's program.
System health report file added as 'Report'

A:BSOD or freeze screen daily by ntkrnlpa.exe + others (All info posted)

Daily bump

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/218492-bsod-freeze-screen-daily-ntkrnlpa-exe-others-all-info-posted.html
Relevancy 68.8%

Hello Recently i been having alot of these Random multiple Bsod which says IRQL NOT EQUAL OR LESS PAGE FAULTY IN NON PAGE AREA AND APC INDEX MISMATCH during copying downloading files and even playing games and internet explorer crashes alot too saying smthing about compatibility and im really frustrated Also i got Bsod while running system index rating on my newly fresh installed win Bsod,screen freeze,internet crash Please explorer Multiple Help! plus the fan isnt loud just a sudden bsod which im assuming not overheated issue Ive tried to reboot and run in safe mode to recover which is system restore but i still get bsod IRQL NOT EQUAL OR LESS so i run last known configuration and just open browsers Guess what after - mint Multiple Bsod,screen freeze,internet explorer crash Please Help! i got another Bsod Before this the fan was usually loud on window startup and running programs but it was solved after i change the ram position i think because it isnt loud anymore I let windows run on with nothing program running and it still Bsod itself after - mint I really dont know what should do next because ive tried everything i could based on other forum that i read may help and it still BSOD Ive tried to update my drivers like network graphic card chipset realtek sound and even bluetooth I was using Avast anti-virus before this in my previous win ultimate bit and which also Bsod the other forum suggest to clean format and reinstall windows without avast which is what im doing now but still with fresh installed win ultimate bit along with few important driver such as chipset realtek sound network i am still having Bsod with same dump Owh and sometimes while internet browsing my screen is freezed cant move or click anything but only my cursor weird isnt it It wasnt like this before i last format my laptop few months ago Im using a notebook Acer aspire about yr old GB the other GB ram is from a friend and it serve me well for about yr now geforce m AMD tutorion Ive tried with swapping the ram also using only ram to boot but still same issue came up PLUS i cant run memtest my lappy keep shutting down while running it for about - min the fan turned so loud nonstop is this normal to other notebook while running memtest Ive tried to run chkdsk with no errors currently have no anti virus just windows firewall A friend said my lappy might need a new thermal compound so i bought yesterday but hvent apply it yet Im tired and almost give up trying everthing to be honest im not a person who knows about these stuff What i know is when i install new window i use drivers from acer europe itself and it works just fine previously But now i cant play any games or even surfing internet all i want to do is save my lappy instead of buying new ones I hope i can find solution here please help any suggestion will be great and tyvm in advance sry for my bad english if there is

A:Multiple Bsod,screen freeze,internet explorer crash Please Help!

Please follow the blue screen posting instructions to provide the full reports for analysis.http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ta-452654.html
Provide the following information about your hardware so we can check compatibility:Download and install CPU-Z and Upload screenshots of the CPU, Mainboard, Memory, and SPD tabs. In the SPD tab, upload an image of each slot. To upload all screenshots, it would be best to:generate the images using the Snipping Tool,
go to where the images are saved,
right click in a blank area within the folder where the images are saved,
create a new folder,
name the folder CPUZ,
select all the images,
place the pointer over an image,
press and hold down the left mouse button and drag the image (all images should move with it),
drop the images into the CPUZ directory you created,
create a compressed (zipped) folder of CPUZ
upload the .zip file to the forums.
-----

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/multiple-bsod-screen-freeze-internet-explorer-crash-please-help-692617.html
Relevancy 68.8%

Hi All First post here but have visited often over the years to learn about various subjects Lately I've been frequenting the many helpful BSOD pages thanks to the problem that is the subject of this thread I'm hoping you wizards can help me pinpoint the offending driver or hardware before I resort to random uninstalls and eventually a clean Windows reinstall as more extreme procedures I know what follows is a read but it's hopefully well-written so please bear with First the System Specs Specs are in my profile BSOD, Random Minutes After Screen Black Startup Freeze, or Basically this is a heavily upgraded OEM the HP m p HP Pavilion Elite m p Desktop PC Product Specifications HP Pavilion Elite m p Desktop PC HP Support The current configuration ran smoothly for over six months before the problem appeared With the exception of the graphics card more on that below Random BSOD, Freeze, or Black Screen Minutes After Startup the most recent changes were the addition of the two HDDs at the beginning of this year when migrating to SSD Before that the machine was completely problem free going back to its inception in she's an old girl I know The Mystery Currently the system is at a point where it always freezes throws a random BSOD or the screen goes black monitor goes to sleep within minutes after startup It almost always happens within five minutes after the desktop loads but occasionally up to ten minutes This always requires a forced restart with a chance of one of these problems occurring again following reboot for an unpredictable number of times What began as typically a single occurrence has since become on average two crash reboot cycles The record was four Once the system is running for at least five minutes the mystical quot five minute rule quot as I've come to know it it works fine I can leave it idle or punish it with maxed out ultimate settings in Skyrim for hours on end and it won't so much as hiccup But after being shut down or in sleep mode for at least some hours the startup problem always resurfaces in whichever flavors and quantities it decides to take In all it's a tolerable nuisance but one that's surely the manifestation of one or more drivers or hardware gone wild Like the worst computing problems this one arose seemingly out of the ether and has been in a downward spiral since The variety and frequency of crashes seems to have gotten progressively worse over the more than two months since the problem first appeared As far as I can tell it all started with a sudden freeze on July that had me thinking my wireless mouse and keyboard batteries needed replacing Weeks went by with no problems until the black screens started occurring Still these were intermittent and occurred days or weeks apart Before long the first BSODs started appearing These were also intermittent at first As time went on it got to the point at which things are now For basically the entire month of September there have been one or more BSODs almost daily uploaded for your debugging pleasure but in any case always one or more of the three types of crashes freeze BSOD or black screen shortly after startup Today's session went like this Freeze three minutes in forced-reboot BSOD some minutes in forced reboot different BSOD seven minutes in broke the quot five minute rule quot I know forced reboot up and running six hours and counting Each day the experience is different last night was a black screen and BSOD but the one constant is the crash es almost always occur within five occasionally ten minutes post startup Or at least that was the case until yesterday when the system threw a curve ball with a BSOD twenty minutes in I pray this isn't a new symptom So far the two startups since then have remained true to the five five to ten minute rule The Detective Work Needless to say I have tried everything I can think of in this harrowing driver hardware whodunit I started off investigating the basics There were no manual changes to software drivers or ... Read more

A:Random BSOD, Freeze, or Black Screen Minutes After Startup

You have described exactly my problem, dude!
If the crash (not necesarilly the BSOD) came in a middle of skype or VOIP conversation, can you still talk/hear for 30 sec - 1 minute, like me? With black screen on, in stand by. I can.
I hardly wait to find the solution for our problem...

Maybe is usefull to check this post too: BSOD minutes after desktop starts

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/347449-random-bsod-freeze-black-screen-minutes-after-startup.html
Relevancy 68.8%

Recently with the release of Mist of Pandaria whenever I play WoW my computer will freeze and and screen will go black for a period of time some times for seconds sometimes for minutes Sometimes it just keeps that way And a few times it goes into BSOD with the error quot Attempt to reset the display driver and recover from timeout failed quot As far as screen or Freeze/Black Warcraft of BSOD Playing World I can tell it's either a bad driver og something's wrong with the GPU Freeze/Black screen or BSOD Playing World of Warcraft But it's the only game that causes this and I've updated the display driver so I'm completely lost It might be important to include that my GPU is stable at usage when Freeze/Black screen or BSOD Playing World of Warcraft I'm in-game but not overheating I've included the Dump Files any bright minds out there that can solve this one for me Specs MB Gigabyte GA-Z AP-D ATX LGA GPU NVIDIA GeForce GTX Ti CPU Intel Core i - k RAM GB Kingston DDR HyperX MHz HDD SAMSUNG HD LJ amp WDC WD EARX- PASB Best regards Oliver

A:Freeze/Black screen or BSOD Playing World of Warcraft

Hi

For monitoring the heat/celsius of the system, use Speccy or HWinfo:Speccy - System Information - Free Download
CPUID - System & hardware benchmark, monitoring, reporting
Go through the steps on this thread and let us know if you're able to find the problem.STOP 0x116: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR troubleshooting

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 116, {fffffa8012452010, fffff8800fda8630, ffffffffc000009a, 4}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+ade630 )

---------

1: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (116)
Attempt to reset the display driver and recover from timeout failed.
Arguments:
Arg1: fffffa8012452010, Optional pointer to internal TDR recovery context (TDR_RECOVERY_CONTEXT).
Arg2: fffff8800fda8630, The pointer into responsible device driver module (e.g. owner tag).
Arg3: ffffffffc000009a, Optional error code (NTSTATUS) of the last failed operation.
Arg4: 0000000000000004, Optional internal context dependent data.

Debugging Details:
------------------
FAULTING_IP:
nvlddmkm+ade630
fffff880`0fda8630 4055 push rbp

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: GRAPHICS_DRIVER_TDR_FAULT

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x116

PROCESS_NAME: System

CURRENT_IRQL: 0

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`061a1a48 fffff880`04500000 : 00000000`00000116 fffffa80`12452010 fffff880`0fda8630 ffffffff`c000009a : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`061a1a50 fffff880`044d3867 : fffff880`0fda8630 fffffa80`0f734000 00000000`00000000 ffffffff`c000009a : dxgkrnl!TdrBugcheckOnTimeout+0xec
fffff880`061a1a90 fffff880`044ffe0f : fffffa80`ffffd84d ffffffff`fffe7960 fffffa80`12452010 00000000`00000000 : dxgkrnl!DXGADAPTER::Reset+0x2a3
fffff880`061a1b40 fffff880`045ceec1 : fffffa80`120f1010 00000000`00000080 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`0f6a4010 : dxgkrnl!TdrResetFromTimeout+0x23
fffff880`061a1bc0 fffff800`03f1ffee : 00000000`fffffc32 fffffa80`0f8f0770 fffffa80`0ca11b30 fffffa80`0f8f0770 : dxgmms1!VidSchiWorkerThread+0x101
fffff880`061a1c00 fffff800`03c765e6 : fffff800`03dfae80 fffffa80`0f8f0770 fffff800`03e08cc0 fffff880`01442cb0 : nt!PspSystemThreadStartup+0x5a
fffff880`061a1c40 00000000`00000000 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiStartSystemThread+0x16
STACK_COMMAND: .bugcheck ; kb

FOLLOWUP_IP:
nvlddmkm+ade630
fffff880`0fda8630 4055 push rbp

SYMBOL_NAME: nvlddmkm+ade630

FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: nvlddmkm

IMAGE_NAME: nvlddmkm.sys

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 506b3099

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x116_IMAGE_nvlddmkm.sys

BUCKET_ID: X64_0x116_IMAGE_nvlddmkm.sys

---------

1: kd> lmvm nvlddmkm
start end module name
fffff880`0f2ca000 fffff880`0ffbe000 nvlddmkm T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: nvlddmkm.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys
Image name: nvlddmkm.sys
Timestamp: Wed Oct 03 00:21:13 2012 (5... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/260425-freeze-black-screen-bsod-playing-world-warcraft.html
Relevancy 68.8%

Hello. I have recently been getting BSODs while playing League of Legends, which hasn't been a problem in the past. I've included the .dmp compressed files. I'm very ignorant about this stuff. Help is appreciated.

A:BSOD or screen freeze while playing games that used to work fine.

Post it following the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/310042-bsod-screen-freeze-while-playing-games-used-work-fine.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Very similar to the following problem but i do not have a raid and it seems that this PC has a raid and i don t plus it was never really determined what the actual solution was http forums techguy org windows-nt- -xp -solved-windows-cant-boot-black html The basics XP Professional Boot up screen right before the windows loading screen or direct after the F Menu if you hit quot Start Windows Normally quot it will just lock up no HDD activity blank screen now before Splash Up Screen Safe screen. works. mode Freeze Blank BSOD nothing All safe mods work Blank Screen Freeze Up before Splash screen. Safe mode works. fine Ran chkdsk r in recovery Ran proper fixboot procedure Went into safe mode and checked the event viewer The only concerning message i got was The following boot-start or system-start driver s failed to load AmdK Fips nod drv Formatting really isnt an issue since i can back up anything i need through safe mode However its just the fact that the Windows gremlin has struck me again and i must defeat it once more I highly doubt this is a hardware issue as it is more of a driver software issue Anymore information for me or from me that you need i would be extremely happy Thanks for your time nbsp

A:Blank Screen Freeze Up before Splash screen. Safe mode works.

Before I say the hard drive is dying, you need to try the XP repair as you have done most else you can already:
http://www.michaelstevenstech.com/XPrepairinstall.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blank-screen-freeze-up-before-splash-screen-safe-mode-works.634630/
Relevancy 68.37%

I'm pretty sure I'm overlooking something really simple, but how do you change the Sign-in/Login Screen picture in Windows 10 Anniversary Update?

This is the sign-in page I get when I boot the PC (it automatically signs in, as I use Bitlocker password instead):

These are the settings I have set in Settings > Personalisation > Lockscreen. I have the Lock Screen set to 'Picture', and 'Show lock screen background picture on sign-in screen' set to 'On', but Windows still uses it's own photo (the beach pic).

Is there another setting I'm overlooking?

http://www.tenforums.com/customization/58699-how-change-sign-login-screen-background-picture-windows-10-a.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi all,

My computer seems to crash, BSOD and freeze at random times. It seems to always crash after a few minutes of running on a fresh start. I've run Malwarebytes anti-malware scan and MSE Scan which found nothing. I've updated drivers, run Windbg, driver validater, disabled non-windows services, startup applications, bios updates, windows updates, memory check of 5 passes, disk checks, power checks with hwinfo, performance monitor reports and I've still not found any concrete evidence that there is anything wrong except that my computer blue screens for the heck of it.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. I'd rather not reinstall, but I can if I have to. I think I may get an SSD before I do though.

Windows 7 64 bit home premium
2 1TB hard drives
GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 Rev3.0
AMD FX 8350
16 GB of Ram (new as of a few months ago)
Nvidia Geforce GTX 650 Ti Boost

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/391218-intermittent-bsod-black-screen-freeze-crashes-strange-sound.html
Relevancy 67.94%

This is a BSOD or startup. Black Crash, Screen shortly Random after Freeze, strange problem my desktop has had for a fairly long time Usually my computer will work fine start up with no problems for several days Random Crash, Freeze, Black Screen or BSOD shortly after startup. in a row And then for reasons I don't know it sometimes will start crashing Usually the screen goes completely black and the computer completely non-responsive and it must be hard reset to get any response at all out of it A few times I've actually seen a brief BSOD but too brief to actually read it Random Crash, Freeze, Black Screen or BSOD shortly after startup. and see what Random Crash, Freeze, Black Screen or BSOD shortly after startup. is happening Sometimes the screen will just freeze where it is with the last bit of audio that was playing repeating nonstop The strangest thing about these crashes is they only happen a little bit after or during startup if the computer is fine for minutes I know it'll be fine until the next time it's turned off It has on a few occasions come up with a screen telling me that the CMOS is corrupted I've had startup repair run and tried some kind of hard drive diagnostic tool the startup repair couldn't find a problem and the tool said the hard drive was good I've seen it crash this way in the middle of the bios boot during login in safe mode pretty much any time during the first half-hour to hour of the computer being on But never afterward I ran the diagnostic tool the results are attached to this post Any help at all would be appreciated In case it has any effect on anything my computer used to be a Vista and a complimentary upgrade was used to make it windows

A:Random Crash, Freeze, Black Screen or BSOD shortly after startup.

Hello Xindaris.

It appears that you have tow antivirus programs installed? MSE and Avira?
Uninstall Avira. Use Microsoft Security Essentials as your antivirus with windows inbuilt firewall, and free MBAM as the on demand scanner.
Download, install and update those, and then run full system scans with both of them, one by one.

Uninstall MagicISO. It may cause the BSODs as you explained.

ITEMVAUUEName MagicISO SCSI Host ControllerManufacturer MagicISO, Inc.PNP Device ID ROOT\SCSIADAPTER\0000Driver c:\windows\system32\drivers\mcdbus.sys (2.7.106.519, 249.56 KB (255,552 bytes), 12/15/2009 5:17 PM)The SCSI adapter installed by MagicISO can cause start time BSODs.

The Display Driver is not Up to date.

Code:
fffff880`04884000 fffff880`0532f000 nvlddmkm T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: nvlddmkm.sys
Image path: nvlddmkm.sys
Image name: nvlddmkm.sys
Timestamp: Fri Mar 15 07:07:00 2013 (51427B3C)
CheckSum: 00A8D47C
ImageSize: 00AAB000
Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
Try to install NVIDIA DRIVERS 320.49WHQL

Test your RAM modules for possible errors.
How to Test and Diagnose RAM Issues with Memtest86+
Run memtest for at least 8 passes, preferably overnight.

Stress test the Graphics Card using Furmark.
Video Card - Stress Test with Furmark

Are you overclocking? As you are getting BSODs, you should stop overclocking and run all the hardware components like CPU, GPU and RAM to their default settings. Also set the BIOS to default, too.
How To Clear CMOS (Reset BIOS)

Free up the startup. Windows does not need any other program to auto start with it, but the auto start programs often conflicts and causes various problems including BSODs.
Click on the Start button
Type “msconfig (without quotes), click the resulting link. It will open the System Configuration window.
Select the “Startup” tab.
Deselect all items other than the antivirus.
Apply > OK
Accept then restart.
Let us know the results. And, is it a factory installed windows?

Code:
BugCheck 19, {3, fffffa8005182020, fffffa8005182000, fffffa8005182000}

Probably caused by : Pool_Corruption ( nt!ExDeferredFreePool+a53 )

Followup: Pool_corruption
----------------------------------------------------------------------
BugCheck A, {34e502010080, 2, 1, fffff80004079cc8}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+1849fd )

------------------------------------------------------------------------
BugCheck 50, {fffffa7f8009d9d2, 1, fffffa800626b187, 7}
Could not read faulting driver name
Probably caused by : memory_corruption

Followup: memory_corruption
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
BugCheck 1A, {8886, fffffa8003a29150, fffffa8003a267e0, 500}

Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiUnlinkPageFromLockedList+19c )

---------

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/297800-random-crash-freeze-black-screen-bsod-shortly-after-startup.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Hello For the last couple months my PC has been having an issue where the screen randomly freezes and the last sounds that were playing loop and then stop This can happen while playing a game be it Hearthstone Batman Arkham City any game Can also happen when using any web based flash like YouTube Twitch etc But I have also had freezes about a minute after logging on without even doing any of the above CPU temperatures right before freeze appear normal and the fans stay at about the same speeds when screen no - BSOD Black System Reboot Hard Freeze, Random on freeze happens at least I don't hear them spinning up I am forced to do a hard reboot but it takes a few tries to get the PC to boot because the monitor simply acts like it doesn't detect any video signal upon reboot I can hear Windows do its boot up sounds Random System Freeze, no BSOD - Black screen on Hard Reboot but nothing on Random System Freeze, no BSOD - Black screen on Hard Reboot screen I have a feeling Random System Freeze, no BSOD - Black screen on Hard Reboot this might be multiple problems linked together I included a zip of my computer's SF Diangostic Tool report Thanks for taking a look at this problem all help is welcome and appreciated

A:Random System Freeze, no BSOD - Black screen on Hard Reboot

That definitely sounds like a graphics driver related issue, if not then a hardware failure in your GPU. I would recommend updating your graphics driver by booting into safe mode (F8 on startup).
Uninstall the current ones via the control panel.
Let us know the results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/327207-random-system-freeze-no-bsod-black-screen-hard-reboot.html
Relevancy 67.94%

In 1607, the lock screen can be shown on the sign in screen. If disabled, it shows a solid color. Is there a way I can use Spotlight for my lock screen and set the Hero image as my sign in screen background?

http://www.tenforums.com/customization/63183-different-lock-screen-sign-screen.html
Relevancy 67.94%

How do I get the ending screen to be the same as the lock screen?

I love the piano keyboard stock lock screen but can't stand the Seattle Space needle screen.

Thanks.

A:Sign out screen different from lock screen?

I logged into the hidden Administrator account and sure enough, the lock screen was the Seattle Space needle screen. I changed it there thinking that would fix the issue but no such luck. The issue, I am assuming has to do with the administrator account.

http://www.eightforums.com/customization/10944-sign-out-screen-different-lock-screen.html
Relevancy 67.51%

Hi everyone,

I've had voltage issues causing my computer to freeze or reboot during games and dvds. Fixed that and the computer was fine after memtest showing no problems. That was late Dec.

A few days ago, the computer would go to a blue screen saying it's dumping physical memory and then automatically reboots. Thinking my harddisk might be collapsing on me (I have a seagate barracuda 7200.11 500Gb HD with the SD15 firmware, the infamous crash friendly HD), I flash the HD with the SD1A firmware from seagate, then it was fine. 2days later, Catalyst started to cause problems by not responding, so I formated the drive and reinstalled vista ultimate, along with Catalyst, drivers from Mobo manufacturer ASUS, plus a couple of other softwares. That was yesterday, and now I'm getting the same blue screen back, or the computer just freezes.

Does anybody know what's wrong. It's happened a few times so I'm a bit worried.

A:screen freeze or blue screen needing reboot

What is the blue screen code.

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/207832-screen-freeze-blue-screen-needing-reboot.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Downloading registry cleaner and ran it and it said restart i did and now i have a blue scrren cant take a pic dont have camera but ill google a pic and just post the techincal info thats different quot same message boot sign screen load dont blue from cd pc windows crash+cant past im getting but i dindt get the dll error he did but the tech info pc dont load past windows sign blue screen crash+cant boot from cd i get is Tedchincal Information STOP x F x xFFFFA EF B xFFFFFA EF E xFFFFF thats all i get under tech info the pic is just to show what type of blue screen im getting also pc dont load past windows sign blue screen crash+cant boot from cd i CANT boot from cd i dont have a option to when i restart pc i even tried going into bios but no option to change boot pattern or anything specs- Newegg com - CyberpowerPC Gamer Ultra GU Desktop PC AMD FX-Series FX- GHz GB DDR GB HDD Capacity AMD Radeon HD GB Windows Home Premium -Bit sorry for link but best i could do since i dont know pc spec off head but this is one i bought i went into my recently bought

A:pc dont load past windows sign blue screen crash+cant boot from cd

As the help you need is more repair OS rather than crash debugging I've mored this to General discussion where somebody should be able help.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/248982-pc-dont-load-past-windows-sign-blue-screen-crash-cant-boot-cd.html
Relevancy 66.65%

I presently have a Core2 Duo on an ASUS P5P43 TDPro with a HIS 5770 vid card, 4 sticks of Mushkin 2GB DDR-3 and all the other usual devices on the board. I run 2 SATA 3GB/s hard drives in RAID 0 along with a spare drive on the IDE channel that holds XP as an alternate boot.

The system runs flawlessly under Win 7 - 64 Ultimate. When I install my Core2 Quad processor, it freezes on the first Windows screen on boot (the one that has the throbbing window). I've already returned the C2Q to Intel and I think they claim it's OK and sent the same one back. Anybody else have the same issues with the Core2 Quad in a similar configuration?

A:Windows 7 64 freeze on first screen

Quote: Originally Posted by lynxpilot

I presently have a Core2 Duo on an ASUS P5P43 TDPro with a HIS 5770 vid card, 4 sticks of Mushkin 2GB DDR-3 and all the other usual devices on the board. I run 2 SATA 3GB/s hard drives in RAID 0 along with a spare drive on the IDE channel that holds XP as an alternate boot.

The system runs flawlessly under Win 7 - 64 Ultimate. When I install my Core2 Quad processor, it freezes on the first Windows screen on boot (the one that has the throbbing window). I've already returned the C2Q to Intel and I think they claim it's OK and sent the same one back. Anybody else have the same issues with the Core2 Quad in a similar configuration?

Hi and welcome
You installed win 7 with core 2, switched cpu, with a raid? you need to install different Mobo drivers, etc. I am unsure as to what exactly you did explain

thanks

Ken J+

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/51155-windows-7-64-freeze-first-screen.html
Relevancy 66.65%

IBM Thinkpad R is old but was working fine Now when I turn it on it loads windows and gets stuck on the windows welcome screen where I normally would press ctrl alt del and then enter my password same problem in safe mode The ctrl alt del key does nothing the mouse just sits there about in the middle of the screen Days prior to this windows problem this machine had multiple malware problems including Open Cloud DSS c Apgjk exe Data restore and would not be surprised if my daughters machine had others Following instructions for removal from the internet I must have obviously removed something important from windows that after welcome screen XP Windows freeze is causing the computer to hang at sign in At this point do you have any ideas of what I might try to regain use of windows Or alternately how do I back up the data on the hard drive as maybe Windows XP freeze after welcome screen it is time to get a new system anyway This laptop runs XP pro Thanks for any ideas you may offer Your website has been very helpful in the past should ve gone to it first with the malware

A:Windows XP freeze after welcome screen

If you have the Windows XP operating system disk you can boot to the disk and from recovery console do a check disk.
Or upon booting from your Windows operating disk choose to repair your install.

for recovery console select the first repair option. once you have come to the recovery console type chkdsk /r

for repair of operating system continue past the first repair option and choose the second repair option to do a repair install which will not delete your data.

if that doesn't work then you will ethier have to back up that data or wait until you get your new computer and transfer your data from your old hard drive to new computer.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/423347/windows-xp-freeze-after-welcome-screen/
Relevancy 66.65%

Hello!

I am running Windows XP which is fully up to date with the latest Service Packs, etc. on an AMD Athlon 64 3500 CPU with 2GB of RAM.

There are 3 User Accounts setup & when any one of them is selected from the Log In Screen, the computer "freezes". However, I have found a work-around by pressing Control + Alt + Delete which "unfreezes" the computer & allows access by whichever User. It is just a matter then to hit the Esc Key to remove the Windows Task Manager Window & all is well again.

This happens every time from the Log In Screen & although it doesn't appear to cause any problems, it is a curious situation. Any help to resolve this would be appreciated.

Best wishes to you all.

Tim.

A:Windows Log In Screen Freeze

Ok, disable the welcome screen. You dont really need it, its just a fancy bit anyway..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-log-in-screen-freeze.475237/
Relevancy 65.79%

I just reinstalled Window XP a couple of days ago. After it starts to boot up the display goes black right after windows splash screen and it freezes indefinitely.
Does anyone has any suggestions on how to fix this?

A:Freeze after Windows Splash Screen

Does it work in safe mode?

It may be a driver conflict from when you were installing the appropriate drivers.
Kevin

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/freeze-after-windows-splash-screen.983599/
Relevancy 65.79%

Hello everyone.

My Windows 8.1 64 bit has been freezing up the login screen. Right when it signs me up to my live account instead of having the icon spin it stops and nothing but restarting does anything. I have not ran through the automatic repair options, just never seemed to help in the past. I also found this online:

Windows 8.1 Stuck on login screen [Solved] - Login - Windows 8

Never had this option: Intel xHCI mode: Disabled so couldn't follow the instructions perfectly.

Seems to be usb related. All my devices are updated and the computer has booted right up with all removed. Otherwise sometimes it boots right in, usually 2-3 restarts and I'm on. Once on everything is perfect!

Helpful Info:

Windows 8.1 Pro
Mobo: Asus Sabertooth 990 FX R2.0
CPU: AMD 1090t black edition
Boots to Samsun SSD

A:Windows 8.1 Freeze at Login Screen

Hi yooper, Welcome to Eight forums.

When you get to the sign in window press and hold the shift key then click power button and select restart. You should now see the Advanced Start-up Options menu screen. From the troubleshoot tile try advanced options then system restore. If you get back to normal then the first thing to do is create a restore to factory medium. Used to be a set of DVDs but now also allows a backup to a flash drive. I would do both if allowed.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/36518-windows-8-1-freeze-login-screen.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hello!

I've built a new desktop recently and have been experiencing random freezes from time to time where my entire screen just freezes and the only remedy is to force restart my computer by holding down the power button.

The only thing I have noticed is whenever this happens, two of the same error/warning seem to pop up into my event log:

Event #1: Error
"Audit events have been dropped by the transport.  0"

Error #2: Warning
"Intel® Ethernet Connection (2) I219-V
 Network link is disconnected."

I have no idea if these have any relevance to the freezing, but I hope I will be able to find some help here as it seems to be very persistent
In fact, my computer froze while I was typing the last sentence...

Thanks in advance!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/627379/windows-10-random-screen-freeze/
Relevancy 65.79%

Sweet merciful 7 Enterprise Freeze Screen Welcome Windows Odin make it stop Many months ago I installed a copy of Windows Enterprise x and was trouble free for a short while The Problem Seemingly at random from a cold boot Windows 7 Enterprise Welcome Screen Freeze the system will freeze while entering my password at the Windows welcome screen A press of the reset Windows 7 Enterprise Welcome Screen Freeze button returns to a normal bios post followed by the boot screen offering the option to boot into various modes include normal startup Often only one reset is required Other instances require two or three resets I ve attempted a number of fixes I ve removed AVG anti-virus to no affect With AVG installed I ve tried all combinations of startup items being turned on and off I ve dabbled with the notion that somehow keyboard mouse input during the windows splash startup screens may affect it to no avail I ve updated drivers and yes reinstalled Windows enterprise but the problems persists I ve also ran both CHDSK and quot scf scannow quot without any reported errors I m not sure if malware would be involved but my level of desperation and exacerbation is at frightening levels Last Windows 7 Enterprise Welcome Screen Freeze I m sure the log files will reveal all my misdoings in attempting to undo this plus any online malfeasance All admonishment welcome Please pretty please I just want to know what is wrong with this box DDS Ver - - - NTFS x Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Gary at on - - Microsoft Windows Enterprise GMT - SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system ngvpnmgr exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display NvXDSync exe C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Windows system PnkBstrA exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation D Vision nvSCPAPISvr exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc D Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDWinSec exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServicePeerNet C Windows Explorer exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system DllHost exe C Windows system DllHost exe C Windows system conhost exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report BHO CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - No File BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - f - d - - d f - d spybot - search amp destroy SDHelper dll BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - c - d -b f - bbc d a e - d micros office GROOVEEX DLL BHO Office Document Cache Handler b f a - e - -ba - b e ff - d micros office URLREDIR DLL BHO Foxit Toolbar d c f- a- -a ad- d - c program files ask com GenericAskToolbar dll BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll TB Foxit Toolbar d c f- a- -a ad- d - c program files ask com GenericAskToolbar dll d d - bd - -a -cfc a mPolicies-system ConsentPromptBehaviorAdmin x mPolicies-system ConsentPromptBehaviorUser x mPolicies-system EnableUIADesktopToggle x IE E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - d micros office EXCEL EXE IE Se amp nd to OneNote - d micros office ONBttnIE dll IE A- - f c- - EE C C - E -E D - - C-F F E C - d microsoft office office ONBttnIE dll IE FE F- FC - A - -EDE DB C CA... Read more

A:Windows 7 Enterprise Welcome Screen Freeze

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.Please take note:If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If you are unable to create a log because your computer cannot start up successfully please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.
If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available.If you are unable to perform the steps we have recommended please try one more time and if unsuccessful alert us of such and we will design an alternate means of obtaining the necessary information.If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review your topic an do their best to resolve your issues.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links if you no longer have it available. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREWe also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit Scanner. Please note that if you are running a 64-bit version of Windows you will not be able to run GMER and you may skip this step.Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic:Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal AdviceThen create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here:How to create a GMER logThanks and again sorry for the delay.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/399850/windows-7-enterprise-welcome-screen-freeze/
Relevancy 65.79%

Hello I have a Dell Dimension I got a new gb hard drive and wanted to clone it with the current gb drive I took both drives and connected them to a different pc that had norton ghost on it After cloning which went fine I placed them back into the Dell with the gig set as master and the gb set as slave The computer would post normally and boot to a black screen with a blinking cursor this happned right after verifying dmi data pool It would hang at this screen never getting to the windows loading screen I returned the gb to the master drive and set the gb as the slave It booted fine After getting into windows I saw it was reporting the gb as C and the gb as D I changed the drive letter of the gb in safe mode to G After changing it the computer would freeze at the XP splash screen however I still screen xp windows freeze splash at had control of the mouse I believe this was caused from windows search for the page file on C which no longer existed I did a repair install on the gb It set the drive as G It booted fine and now my programs do not work I used regedit to manually change the drive letter of the boot device and it is now freezing during the XP splash screen against still having control of the mouse How can I change freeze at windows xp splash screen the boot drive letter without booting into windows on that drive How can I change the location windows looks for the page file I made an image of the drive before atempting the repair install I reimaged the gb drive but it still freezing at the XP splash screen I cannot use a repair install or do a fresh install The drive contains a very expensive database program that cannot be reinstalled I have tried FIXMBR FIXBOOT BOOTCFG FDISK MBR CHKDSK F R and I have tried putting the drive into other machines Any suggestions and help would be very much appreciated nbsp

A:freeze at windows xp splash screen

I made the same mistake yesterday.
Having used Ghost to clone a version of Windows, you MUST NOT put the old drive back into the machine until you have started from the new drive on its own at least once.

Fortunately for me, I realized what I had done before I started to change things and could redo the Ghost.
I have a feeling you are going to have to do a repair install.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/freeze-at-windows-xp-splash-screen.865729/
Relevancy 65.79%

if you have a problem of FSX screen freezing and game still running cause you can hear sound etc...

Underclock your unit

I lowered my shader to 761 from 1120

works perfectluy for hours on end now

http://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/68034-fsx-windows-10-screen-freeze-under-steam.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi I'm new to the forums and I'm hoping to get some help regarding two specific issues I've been experiencing lately with Windows As I'm on a laptop my power settings are set after screen shutoff freeze Windows to balanced The system turns off the screen after minutes of inactivity the default setting When I touch the pad to turn the screen back on Windows freezes I'll Windows freeze after screen shutoff have to do ALT CTRL Delete Windows freeze after screen shutoff to bring up the log-out menu and sign back in again After I sign back in Windows work normally Windows freeze after screen shutoff The only way around this I found is to manually change the power settings to prevent the screen from turning off altogether Is this a known issue When I put my system to sleep I find that it will turn on by itself and then shut itself off again I think this may be related to automatic update at a given time It happens at night The system would just turn on and after seconds or so shut itself down

A:Windows freeze after screen shutoff

Most likely this is a driver problem. Dell support may have some drivers that work better for you.
Drivers & Downloads=

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/47751-windows-freeze-after-screen-shutoff.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi all run of are work computer when you turn it on it will not load into Windows or safe mode and freeze at the Windows splash screen..

What can cause this to happen ??

Relevancy 65.79%

Last night i was watching a film at my laptop and suddenly it frozen and i restarted my computer. now it freeze before i see login screen all time and restart itself.startup repair didnt helped...so am i need install windows again or there is a solution? (sorry for my english)

A:Windows 7 freeze before i see login screen

try to boot in safe mode then shut down normally and see if it happens again

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/290199/windows-7-freeze-before-i-see-login-screen/
Relevancy 65.79%

I will just be generally using my laptop browsing the internet or using programs such as photoshop and my system will freeze up for about 10 seconds and then will turn to a black screen forcing me to shut the system down via the power button. This happens at least once a day and most commonly occurs when opening photoshop. My laptop is a Packard bell EasyNote TE69KB, ive been looking for solutions for days but nothing seemed to help.
Please help me if you can, thanks

A:Windows 8.1 freeze then black screen please help

Your computer might not be able to handle PhotoShop.

System requirements | Photoshop

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/39550-windows-8-1-freeze-then-black-screen-please-help.html
Relevancy 65.79%

I am having a problem where the Windows 8 Metro screen freezes and the tiles do not update or can not activate them with the mouse. Using the shift key and restart I am able to set the computer to safe mode which will then boot and get to the Metro screen. I then go and uninstall the latest program or app that was installed and it will work fine after rebooting in normal mode. The it will happen again a day or so later. This is getting fustrating.

Any ideas?

Steve

A:Windows 8 Metro Screen Freeze

Have you recently updated any drivers, especially video drivers? Does this happen right away or after the PC has warmed up? When I've seen things "lock uo" like this, it's usually overheating components or a driver issue.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/17162-windows-8-metro-screen-freeze.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Please help?!?

Had a couple of laptop crashes and re-booted too quickly to log errors. Happened again today and since have been unable to get past entering my password in start-up. Enter my password and the screen freezes. Able to access my desk top via safe mode and the net via with networking where have added RegCure, but still the problems re-occurs. Also tried running virus scan in safe mode, again showing now threats, tried logging on as another user account with and without passwords and system restores to previous dates, all failing. Have checked the net for other possible solutions, but getting no where. Have no WP XP cd, so unable to perform recovery restore.

It's obviously something to do with the drivers or recently installed hardware, which I don't recall adding recently. These issues have occured whilst online and have the new NAV version.

Any ideas please?

Toshiba Satellite Pro user

Steve

A:Screen freeze following password in Windows XP SP2 start-up

when you say screen freezes it totally freezes or the mouse still moves but no icons come up and you cant access task manager?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/screen-freeze-following-password-in-windows-xp-sp2-start-up.105763/
Relevancy 65.36%

Was in the middle of writing an email when my screen froze for a minute or so, then computer shut down. When restarting I get option to repair or start windows normally. If I start normally I just get black screen for a while then computer shuts down again.
Tried the repair option several times but still the same outcome.
I am able to boot into safe mode. I have run chkdsk /r and if found no problems. I have tried setting back to the last two restore points and no luck.
Samsung NP700Z5B laptop Windows 7 Home Premium.

A:Freeze - Black Screen - Can't Start Windows

could be a RAM defect. Try memtest86+, burn it on cd and boot from it for an overnight test

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/550705/freeze-black-screen-cant-start-windows/
Relevancy 65.36%

I honestly dont know how to get the specs of my computer on here but this is the problem Windows vista bit I have no idea what or what i did but lately out of no where after i have turned on my computer and done various things such as online activity photoshop things random junk the whole screen turns grey From this point i cannot restart or go to task manager with ctrl alt del i have Windows vista grey freeze screen to literally hold my computer power button until it turns it off there is no other way can anyone help me I dont even know where to go with this problem my stomach is killing me because i cant lose this computer and i am now very stressed so thank you for your time and please help Meagan Ok so did the tsg sysinfo thing here is the log Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor AMD Athlon tm Dual-Core Processor x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Acer WMCP M Antivirus AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition Updated and Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 65.36%

Hello I have an issue with mu computer, I have just done a fresh install of Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit. Now my pc is freezing at the windows 7 start up logo (the HDD activity stops here too). My specs are as follow:
CPU: Intel quad core Q6600
RAM: 4GB DDR2 667MHZ( 4 1GB sticks)
HDD: Seagate 500GB
Graphics card: 8500GT
PSU: Corsair CX430

any help would be greatly appreciated

Many thanks

Milan201

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-startup-logo-screen-freeze.1005794/
Relevancy 65.36%

I have an ASUS LaptopUL30ASeries. Windows Firewall blocked a website Akamai and now the window that tells me this stays on my desktop and I can't close it. I shut-down and restarted several times, hit escape, and control,alt,delete but can't resolve problem

A:Windows Firewall causing screen freeze

Hi, might be a simple reset, go to start search and type:-cmd, right click the returned cmd.exe and select "run as administrator" at the prompt type:-

netsh advfirewall reset (press enter) you should receive an OK message.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-firewall-causing-screen-freeze-679226.html
Relevancy 65.36%

I read the introductory Windows and screen at performance welcome slow XP freeze thread and Windows XP freeze at welcome screen and slow performance followed those instructions My RAM and hard drive are good I am convinced this is not a virus malware issue because it s a fresh install on a fully erased zero written hard drive It has not been exposed to any internet to be able to Windows XP freeze at welcome screen and slow performance contract a virus and the XP install disc is trusted Here s the issue I can t get XP to load fully unless I boot in safe mode or with nearly all the services disabled However even when I get booted in this manner it still runs very sluggishly with quot process explorer quot indicating that explorer exe and a couple of svchost exe services are hogging cpu resources I have done my best to update all of the drivers and can find no apparent conflicts I ve toyed with all of the services and been unable to identify the issue I ve searched google for hours but always find people with similar issues indicating it s a virus malware issue Again I m convinced this is NOT a virus malware thing So where do I start Will the quot minidump quot I read about help with this issue nbsp

A:Windows XP freeze at welcome screen and slow performance

Installing the essential SP3 upgrade to XP and then the subsequent security updates takes forever. If all that's done, and it really needs doing, I'd look at your security software. I've had one or two programs that have slowed my computer to a crawl. See if running without any AV software speeds things up - obviously don't connect to the internet while checking this out. Microsoft Security Essentials and Avira are good freeware programs and don't appear to slow things down. At least that's somewhere to start. Best of luck.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-xp-freeze-at-welcome-screen-and-slow-performance.184955/
Relevancy 65.36%

I have been using Windows since it was released with no problems It actually improved my old laptops performance Recently i updated to through the MS store and since then the laptop has been freezing on reboots and when waking up from extended Windows FREEZE Boot on 8.1 screen Splash sleep If i put the computer to sleep and wake it up it boots just fine but if it is asleep for an hour or so it will freeze on the splash screen The little swirling orbs will rotate then suddenly lock and the only way to get it out is to hold the power down and do a hard reboot Bios is the Most current i can get from HP Turned of FASTboot helped with shutdowns but not with sleep Have updated all the drivers as far as i can tell I have found other people with similar problems but their solutions have been fast boot which has not helped me Windows ATI HD Mobile gb ddr ramAMD Turion X mobile processor RM- GHz

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/35613-windows-8-1-freeze-boot-splash-screen.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi,

I'm running Windows 7 home premium 64 bit. My my laptop is about 6 months old with 8gb RAM.

I have recently done a fresh install and ever since then I'm getting random screen freezes (it never happened before fresh install)... the mouse, keys, ctrl alt delete etc.wont respond and the only way out is to hold down power and restart.

I thought it could be a RAM problem but I have checked with memtest with no problems found. I have also scanned with malwarbytes antimalware with nothing found.

Can anyone give me any advice.

Many thanks.

Relevancy 64.5%

Please help...

Windows XP SP3

I have often error on my laptop, suddenly my windows screen is black and freeze.

Details error:

source: system error
event id: 1003

description:
Error code 100000c5, parameter1 5776414a, parameter2 00000002, parameter3 00000001, parameter4 805515a1.

how to fix it?

A:Error Windows XP - suddenly black screen and freeze

"suddenly my windows screen is black and it freezes"...

What are you doing when the laptop freezes? Does the freezing show after some time? If so, the laptop may be overheating

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/error-windows-xp-suddenly-black-screen-and-freeze.174387/
Relevancy 64.5%

Hello Everyone,

I never get a blue screen, the computer never just restarts, the mouse just seems to stop moving, and this has been happening since I got my computer about 3 months ago. Whenever this happens all I can do is turn the power off and restart. Going through my event logs the only common occurrence is that right before I am turning off my computer I get "Filter Manager - Event ID - 6". This is not recorded as an error, but happens right before "Kernel Power - Event ID - 41" which I believe is when I push the power button to restart. If anyone has any ideas or might need some more information please let me know. Thanks a lot in advance.

JH

A:Random Mouse/Screen Freeze Windows 7 P67 Pro3 MB

Have you let it set for a while to see if it un-freezes on its own?

Is it a complete system freeze or just the mouse freezing?, next time it freezes do a "Ctrl+Alt+Del" twice in a row quickly to see if you get a different screen.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/random-mouse-screen-freeze-windows-7-p67-pro3-mb.1047120/
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi,
Why do we get the option "Windows Updates. Important updates are available. Go to PC settings to install them" on the logon screen? Need to remove this option but without altering the update functionality. We are using SCCM for windows update.
Can you help how to remove it by GPO or any other option for large scale systems (5000+). At present the user cannot install the updates as it has been restricted. Attached the screen shot also.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/f591fd1f-9b4b-484a-844f-cc26d2ec2161/reasons-for-quot-windows-updates-important-updates-are-available-go-to-pc-settings-to-install?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi this is my first post Log On Before Screen Screen? Black Freeze in this forum all the problems i ve had with the computer i ve been able to repair them myself but this time I really need help from someone more knowledgable I have a laptop Compaq Black Screen Freeze Before Log On Screen? Presario Pentium Windows XP Ghz Ram My computer freezes into a black screen or empty screen whatever you may call it it happens after the Windows XP logo with the loading bar below it and before the log on screen which of course i haven t been able to get to It just stays black in safe mode it just starts loading all these things like drivers like a list of things and then stops and freezes like that and last known configuration doesn t work either and it doesn t respond to anything i do with the keyboard I asked a friend to make some boot disks for me and he gave me floppy disks I tried using them and after loading all of them Black Screen Freeze Before Log On Screen? and following the steps at disk it gives me the options to install XP go to the recovery console and to exit I tried first the recovery console and it just asks me quot Which Windows installation would you like to log onto C WINDOWS quot then i wrote and pressed enter and nothing happened it seem it froze like that too I don t have the Windows XP CDROM so i cant install anything i could try getting one but still i m at the point that i don t know if getting it would help me or if there is a way to use these floppies to repair whatever error the computer has Thats why I ask if somebody could give me some directions i would greatly appreciate any help don t matter if its just a small suggestion i ve had the computer in this state for two weeks with no signs of hope so any help would be really great Thanks much in advance

A:Black Screen Freeze Before Log On Screen?

Welcome to Bleeping Computer!

It seems to me, and you might want to wait until others weigh in on your situation, that you have a problem with the video driver.

When Windows starts it uses a generic driver for the video. Then it loads another driver while booting up. It seems that this is when you lose your screen.

Hmmmmmm.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/49794/black-screen-freeze-before-log-on-screen/
Relevancy 63.64%

Lost my DSL for months during which I built the ultimate version of winXPro that I reimage the instant my OS sneezes Its the th evolution of this build each more perfect than the last They turn multi-week uptimes sweating through gaming as well as hard core data manipulation without hesitation reimaged to my P recently this build ran a day uptime before I rebooted it It is perfection incarnate Back online again MB unlimited DSL through Century Link with Dynamic IP My first two days online were uneventful but on day three the oddities began My machine blue screened a dozen times it had never before and my modem all-green-light froze to death two dozen times Kaspersky found four Trojans and one malware perhaps laying in wait from my offline build I removed them from my System rescanned as clean then reimaged to rescan again as clean And have reimaged to an earlier OS build to verify its not the OS Since then my system has blued a half dozen times but the modem has not Intrusions Windows Freeze/Blue XP Modem Screen/Firewall frozen again I've changed my IP every time And eventually it dawned on me that Windows XP Modem Freeze/Blue Screen/Firewall Intrusions every time i reboot from a blue screen my copy of Zonealarm 's Intrusion blocked counter which usually registers - blocked access attempts per day was moving at - per second on day alone Yet Windows XP Modem Freeze/Blue Screen/Firewall Intrusions not one attack after an IP change My modem freezing and my Windows XP Blue screening are unprecedented I've used my modem for many years and run this type of build process with XP for as many too The attacks always follow the blue screen reboot and no other yet my system is clean and I know no one that knows me or wants to hack me specifically Theories XP is being hunted like never before dead or alive it either a threatens to once again over take win as the most used OS in the desktop universe once users realize how nice is b is an easy target for a new campaign of XP hackers These blue screens preceded by masses of blocked firewall intrusions are someone hating XP Theories Suggestions that don't involve me upgrading windows My Rig Intel BOXDH CRB LGA Intel H SATA Micro ATX with -PCI Express x -PCI Express x -PCI - The last Intel board with Full winXPro support Kingston HyperX Blu GB x -Pin SDRAM DDR GB total rd Generation Intel Core i - Ivy Bridge GHz LGA HD Graphics SPARKLE GeForce GTX SE Fermi GB -bit Video Card -desktop-winxp- bit-english-whql DirectX Version DirectX c Windows XP Pro sp dotnetfx vc Intel - HD Graphics Driver - Intel - Chipset Device Software Intel - BIOS upgrade BEH H A EB EXE my only bios configuration gt video - always enabled - max dtvm memory - internal graphics igt Actiontec GT -WG DSL modem

A:Windows XP Modem Freeze/Blue Screen/Firewall Intrusions

Ultimate version of Windows XP pro? What do you mean? There is only Windows XP Home, PRO, and Media Edition. Where did you get your copy of Windows XP?

You have mentioned Zonealarm 7 and kaspersky. Does Zonealarm have anti virus also? is Windows XP,s firewall disabled when using ZoneAlarm?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f31/windows-xp-modem-freeze-blue-screen-firewall-intrusions-839850.html
Relevancy 63.64%

windows xp was working fine and it just froze so i restarted it
and it went to the disk checking and it came up with
invalid timestamps and it scrolled through a list fast i could not catch most of it and then went to the windows xp click your user name login screen

and the mouse moves until i click on the place to put my password and it freezes . . i've tried going back and restarting using safe mode, and even restore previous settings but it doesn't work

is my files screwed or is there any way of salvaging it?

i know this is kinda vauge and i could try to get more information if it is needed. some of the work i have on my computer is very valuable.

thank you

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/invalid-timestamp-windows-blue-screen-login-freeze-41633.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi i m axl and i m quite desperate about the actual situation of my only windows installation i hope that someone here can help understand the problem because i ve been working hours trying almost every with lower Ultimate black 7 Windows Boot logo with screen freeze single fix with every single combination i could find on internet pc specs notebook hp pavillion dv entertainment no battery using o s specs windows ultimate edition x last operating scenario i was happily Boot freeze with black screen with lower Windows 7 Ultimate logo using windows everything worked perfectly my utorrent open and watching a film in streaming then i had the brilliant idea to try to install this shit software Windows Theme Installer Install Apply Delete Themes Easily - door windows to try change windows appereance i run it and it showed up some errors so i quit it before it would complete the installation closed utorrent and rebooted boom i got this shit screen without the possibility to do ANYTHING i can t open the task manager i can t send the computer in sleep mode the only buttons showing are the red one for shutdown and the handicap s one the only thing that s moving is the mouse pointer over the black screen and logo if someone could maybe know what files that shit theme installer changes i could try to reset them but i-ve also tried this a little searching in the registry for it s name shell and exploer exe seem to be working i tried everything from the windows repair and F mode i tried kaspersky recue disk i tried ubuntu linux things there s no error with the boot or the mbr windows boots normally and it just get stuck before the login loading module guaranteed there s no viruses or trojans as i run a scan with many antiviruses and antimalwares not so long ago i removed the theme pack i was trying to install but didn t help here is attached the ntbtlog

A:Boot freeze with black screen with lower Windows 7 Ultimate logo

i restored files and dll components that the shit-installer should have modified, except for this TwinUI.dll that i can`t find anymore in my windows system folder. i don`t know what that one is but windows is still stuck there exactly like before.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/346147-boot-freeze-black-screen-lower-windows-7-ultimate-logo.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi I Up 3 Loading Freeze Screen On Stays Sims Windows Game on XP After on Start have a new pc recently built about Windows XP Stays On Loading Screen on Start Up After Game Freeze on Sims 3 weeks ago and was working fine with everything to anything until I decided to installs the Sims I ll let you know that this first time this problem happened yesterday I formatted my pc and tried it again and have the same results Heres the details I installed Sims everything fine then I loaded the game up and on the loading the screen before choosing the town or load game to those familiar with the game and the game froze on the loading the cursor was still moving and could move it around the screen but I could not alt f or ctrl alt del out of it so I decided to just restart via reset button THe problems started after this I loaded up pc again but it was stuck on the Windows XP loading boot up screen the loading bar moves but it stay on there continously like in a loop So i booted in safe mode and it worked tried the chkdsk in command prompt and restarted but it won t do chkdsk and i tried it via the c drive gt properties gt tools etc and restarted and still won t do it So like i said i formatted it last time and loaded everything up everything was fine and now its done it again and I don t want to format but now it s not even letting me into safe mode normal with networking or with command prompt and it is very frustrating and I find it hard to believe a freeze on the sims would cause such damage to my pc so any help would be grateful I would like to say I have looked at other topics regarding this problem and tried system restore but to no avail and as i have said chkdsk is not working or im not doing something right Thanks just to add i un plug all usb ports welll i dont have that many connected just keyboard ext HD and wireless connector so i disconnected the ext HD lol views no replies awesome well i formatted my drive again cause I can t spend forever waiting as i need my pc but any opinions on how to fix and why would still be appreciated thanks nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-xp-stays-on-loading-screen-on-start-up-after-game-freeze-on-sims-3.152503/
Relevancy 63.21%

Hey there any help is much appreciated After a lot of headache ive realised that updating anything through windows update that requires a restart causes my computer screen to go black after the windows loading bar on startup If i leave the computer for about minutes it eventually opens the login screen and works as freeze comp on my black screen Windows update on making restart normal until i restart it again I can fix the problem by putting my windows disk in and doing a system restore but i want to fix the problem properly i would like to be able to update i have done a myriad of things to clean the computer including registry cleaning optimising startup list physically cleaning dust out of the box and fans etc as initialy i thought it was a hardware problem before i noticed it was windows update causing it thanks in advance for any help Adam p s some system specs if needed Windows Vista Home Premium Windows update making my comp freeze on black screen on restart bit ECS P M T-M Intel Core GHz gb ddr RAM geforce gs DirectX

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-update-making-my-comp-freeze-on-black-screen-on-restart-429763.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Ok to start I am running bit Vista OS Last night I was playing a video game called Heroes of Newerth in the middle of a game I began to experience frame freezing like I never had before Upon completion of the game I closed the and Windows freeze Bar Green at in safe mode. Screen Loading crcdisk.sys program to find that everything was locking up outside of the game as well along with black splotches in my desktop background Getting Windows freeze at Loading Screen Green Bar and crcdisk.sys in safe mode. impatient i manually shutoff my computer and turned it back on At this point my woes began Since discovering it won t boot in any form of safe mode and the last driver to load is the crcdisk sys I am at a loss for what to do I tried to download a vista installation disc and run a repair from there but the white bar loads from the disc than it goes to the windows loading screen with the green bar for a few seconds than the screen goes black I looked in my bios to see if it was trying to load in an improper boot order or any such thing I ran a memory test and everything checked out During my diagnostics it started giving me floppy disk load errors but I do not have a floppy disk I resolved this by disabling the floppy detection system in the bios for some reason it turned on Any help would be appreciated I would like to think my computer is still useable salvageable I am willing to do a complete system restore if I can figure out how It is possible that there is an error in my installation disc I burned it to a spare cd I had lying around and am not positive if I need a dvd or if it can be done from a cd Please help me Thank you nbsp

A:Windows freeze at Loading Screen Green Bar and crcdisk.sys in safe mode.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-freeze-at-loading-screen-green-bar-and-crcdisk-sys-in-safe-mode.926509/
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi As of yesterday when I sign in to Windows Live Messenger a few seconds later Messenger will Messenger freeze slow Windows to of causes Live Sign-in Windows stop responding This sometimes happens before the sign-in process is complete and sometimes several seconds after Shortly after this Windows Explorer stops the Task Bar Start Menu and any window involving file browsing file Sign-in to Windows Live Messenger causes slow freeze of Windows tree such as quot Open quot dialogue boxes then any other programs which are open also stop It's not a screen freeze since the mouse and basic keyboard commands still work to some extent - Alt-Tab brings up the switch program box repeating left-shift for StickyKeys makes the StickyKeys sound though Ctrl-Alt-Del does nothing I searched for a considerable period of time both on these forums and on others but with no luck Has anyone seen something similar It may be completely unrelated but today for about mins any attempt to access BleepingComputer would replace the quot bleepingcomputer quot section of the URL with quot google quot bringing up either Google's homepage or an internal Google error since rest of the URL belonging to a BleepingComputer site made no sense stuck after quot google com quot This seemed to fix itself after I tried to get to BleepingComputer via a proxy though this may have been coincidence I would post this separately but I'm not really interested in this oddity if it doesn't relate to my first problem I have tried running SpyBot and AdAware but they only turned up tracking cookies I also had an uninformed look at a HJT log and didn't see anything exciting Alais

A:Sign-in to Windows Live Messenger causes slow freeze of Windows

hi,,, when this happens open task manager,,, right click on an empty space on the task bar,,, open task manager and click on the processes tab and look to see how much processor is being used,,, then look in the process tree to see how much live messenger is using,,,, this was happening on my auntie's pc,,, live messenger was using 100% cpu,,, when i clicked on it and ended the process, cpu usage dropped to normal,,,, i then uninstalled live messenger and re installed, everything was ok after this.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/177238/sign-in-to-windows-live-messenger-causes-slow-freeze-of-windows/