Windows Support Forum

BSOD when using music software and other unpredictable occasions

Q: BSOD when using music software and other unpredictable occasions

Hi guys,

I've had 2 distinct BSOD error messages so far -

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (which is the most common, at least once today)
page fault in nonpaged area (which has happened twice so far - both times yesterday)

I ran memtest86 today on boot and no errors were found.

All hardware in the system is brand new -

PC/Desktop
Custom Build
Windows 7 Ultimate x64
Intel Core i3-2120 CPU @ 3.30Ghz
GIGABYTE Socket 1155 GA-B75-D3V (rev. 1.0)
Corsair CMZ8GX3M4X1600C9 8GB (4x2GB) DDR3
Integrated Graphics Processor (removed by PCI graphics card which improved things slightly)
M-Audio Audiophile 2496 sound card
WD Caviar Green 1TB SATA III 6GB/s
550W POWER SUPPLY

Microsoft Security Essentials
Google Chrome

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm a music producer and the system keeps crashing when I'm working on projects which is pretty devastating.

.zip file attached

Many thanks!
Jim

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: BSOD when using music software and other unpredictable occasions

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: BSOD when using music software and other unpredictable occasions

How long did you run Memtest? Make sure to run at least 7 consecutive passes, not just one. This means all tests done 7 times.

So you can invoke a system crash from running your music software consistently? Is there any particular activity in the software that has the highest chance of triggering it?

Anyways, I don't think these minidumps will be sufficient just by themselves. You'll want to turn on Driver Verifier checks and send us the crashdumps created by them. Make sure to read the whole article.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/283895-bsod-when-using-music-software-other-unpredictable-occasions.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hello,
for some time I'v been enduring this problem. I can't figure any rule about what may cause this as it appears just anytime. It used to be rare but now I'm getting it about 1-2 times a day. after reboot I get information about error with bccode.

BCCode : 1000000a BCP1 : 000000E8 BCP2 : 00000002 BCP3 : 00000001
BCP4 : 80701A16 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 3_0 Product : 768_1

I couldn't find what it is.

My System:
Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 3
F-Secure Internet Security 2011 (I mention it cause it's often a problematic software)
Intel Penitium IV 3,2ghz, 2,5 Gb Ram, nvidia Geforce 8600

If You need minidump I can send it. I hope You Guys can solve it

A:BSOD on various occasions

How old is the computer? I'm thinking possible power supply, ram or hard drive problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bsod-on-various-occasions.967403/
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi, I started having BSOD, I think, a few days ago and it is appearing completely random. After a crash I went into the bios and was looking at the voltages when suddenly the 5v spiked to 5.6v and the computer crashed. I think that is the problem, but I have no idea why or what it is.

Update: I was checking the bios again and the voltages were red at the 5v and 12v, they were at 5.7v and 13.8v respectively so I changed the PSU and they went back to normal. Will post an update if it crashes again.

A:BSOD(?) during random occasions

Welcome
Your reports give code 116. We have an excellent thread on that code.
STOP 0x116: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR troubleshooting

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/246136-bsod-during-random-occasions.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Okay so my computers been experiencing many BSOD lately for the past month The first few were experienced while running Dota strictly The only things ive added to this hp p y on multiple occasions BSOD is an -Antec EarthWatts EA- D Green W ATX V v EPS V PLUS BRONZE BSOD on multiple occasions Certified Active PFC Power Supply -SAPPHIRE Radeon HD GB -bit DDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready Video Card - - G Problem after running memtest was that I had faulty RAM So i went and bought a new set of RAM that suppose to be compatible but i'm still getting BSODs or beep codes with the fans on but monitor sleeping Ran memtest for the new RAM as well and got errors but it still BSOD or beeps so i guess RAM is ruled out Last crash i think was IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL It's gotten to the point where it does this randomly even with non intensive use and its been bugging me hardcore I don't think my computers overclocked as i don't even know how to so i'm stumped Attached are a few mini dumps There shouldve been more but i dont think they got saved recorded but the that happened on was after i installed the new RAM

A:BSOD on multiple occasions

Welcome to SF.

ISSUES:

Please uninstall the following software with their removal tool or using the Free version of Revo Uninstaller in Advanced Mode.

Code:
Start Menu\Programs\ESET Public:Start Menu\Programs\ESET Public
Start Menu\Programs\ESET\ESET NOD32 Antivirus Public:Start Menu\Programs\ESET\ESET NOD32 Antivirus Public
Start Menu\Programs\Norton Internet Security Public:Start Menu\Programs\Norton Internet Security Public
Start Menu\Programs\Norton Online Backup Public:Start Menu\Programs\Norton Online Backup Public
Start Menu\Programs\PC Help & Tools Public:Start Menu\Programs\PC Help & Tools Public

is it bad to run multiple antivirus programs?Uninstallers (removal tools) for common antivirus software - ESET Knowledgebase
Norton Removal Tool
Replace with Microsoft security essentials while troubleshooting.

Recommended antivirus program for Windows 7 based on stability compared to others:-
Microsoft Security Essentials - Free Antivirus for Windows
Malwarebytes - The Free version
Good and Free system security combination.
Do not start the free trial of Malware Bytes; remember to deselect that option when prompted.

Run a full scan with both (separately) once downloaded, installed and updated.

Run the System File Checker that scans the of all protected Windows 7 system files and replaces incorrect corrupted, changed/modified, or damaged versions with the correct versions if possible:
Click on the
Type CMD on Search
Left click and Run as Administrator
Type SFC /scannow
Full tutorial here:SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker
Run Disk Check on your hard disk for file system errors and bad sectors on it:Disk Check
Free up the start-up, nothing except the antivirus is usually needed.Startup Programs - Change
Troubleshoot Application Conflicts by Performing a Clean Startup
Report back if the system is more stable.Then test RAM. Take memtest. Run for 8 passes and test each stick in a know good slot for an additional 6 passes.
RAM - Test with Memtest86+

Quote:
The goal is to test all the RAM sticks and all the motherboard slots.

Check your motherboard manual to ensure the RAM sticks are in the recommended motherboard slots. Some motherboards have very specific slots required for the number of RAM sticks installed.

If you get errors, stop the test and continue with the next step.

1. Remove all but one stick of RAM from your computer (this will be RAM stick #1), and run Memtest86 again, for 7 passes. *Be sure to note the RAM stick, use a piece of tape with a number, and note the motherboard slot.
If this stick passes the test then go to step #3.

2. If RAM stick #1 has errors, repeat the test with RAM stick #2 in the same motherboard slot. *If RAM stick #2 passes, this indicates that RAM stick #1 may be bad. If you want to be absolutely sure, re-test RAM stick #1 in another known good slot.
*If RAM stick #2 has errors, this indicates another possible bad RAM stick, a possible motherboard slot failure or inadequate settings.
3. Test the next stick of RAM (stick #2) in the next motherboard slot. *If this RAM stick has errors repeat step #2 using a known good stick if possible, or another stick.
*If this RAM stick has no errors and both sticks failed in slot#1, test RAM stick #1 in this slot.
4. If you find a stick that passes the test, test it in all the other motherboard slots.

If Part 2 testing shows errors, and all tests in Part 3 show errors, you will need to test the RAM sticks in another computer and/or test other RAM in your computer to identify the problem.

In this way, you can identify whether it is a bad stick of RAM, a bad motherboard, or incompatibility between the sticks.

Errors are sometimes found after 8 passes.
Do this test overnight, before going to bed.

Post back results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/267134-bsod-multiple-occasions.html
Relevancy 60.2%

G'day lads Let me start of by saying i really appreciate you guys taking the time to help digitally impaired people like myself I've got a fairly new computer running Windows Last week while playing Fallout my system suddenly stopped midgame It didn't even show a BSOD It tried to reboot but failed after seconds each time It continually kept trying to do that or times in a row like it was in some loop I decided to pull the plug and wait minutes After that it booted up just fine A few days later however it crashed again while playing Fallout this time with a BSOD It did however not start another reboot loop The day after that i got a BSOD while streaming with webcams This lead me to believe it to be a graphicscard issue but a test of my HDD with Data Lifeguard also showed bad sectors It's a Western Win on random 7 occasions BSOD Digital Caviar months old it showed the option to repair the bad sectors but BSOD on random occasions Win 7 it warned it would erase the data on those sectors I'm worried it might be crucial data related to win itself so i've put that off for now Anyway i'm not sure so i'd like appreciate some expert advise I've enclosed one of the minidump files Hopefully some can shed some light on it for me

A:BSOD on random occasions Win 7

Hi -

Run chkdsk /r on HDD.

Run HDD diags - http://www.techsupportforum.com/2828431-post7.html

If all clean. . .

Run Driver Verifier - http://www.techsupportforum.com/f217...ed-473665.html

Provide full system info - http://www.techsupportforum.com/f217...ns-452654.html

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-on-random-occasions-win-7-a-536708.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Ever since I got my custom build desktop about two months ago I've been having issues with blue screens. It's been to computer service but the guys working there weren't too helpful and so I'm still having issues with the desktop and the BSODs seem to be getting more and more frequent. Yesterday my computer crashed to a blue screen four times, and it's crashed twice (I believe) today so far. I am not very experienced with computers so spoonfeeding me clear instructions would be very helpful, thanks!

A:BSOD several times a day at random occasions

Hi kimera.

Download and install the driver to Realtek RTL8188CE Wireless LAN 802.11n PCI-E NIC from Realtek ... get the first one of the list ... the one marked in the image below ....Attachment 339273
The display driver is causing issues, too.
Uninstall your installed version of the display driver.
How-To Uninstall AMD Catalyst Drivers From A Windows Based System
Then clean up any possible leftover.
Drivers - Clean Left over Files after Uninstalling
Then install version 14.9 .From here: Desktop
Let us know about any further BSOD.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/351061-bsod-several-times-day-random-occasions.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi everyone,

since a month I get BSOD Error while working with my computer. The blue screen appears on diffrent occasions.
- Playing Games
- Computer Idleing
- Browsing Websites
- sometimes even before I can login

BSOD appears sometimes after a few minutes. Sometimes not at all for a couple of days.

It's most of the time the same BSOD "BAD_POOL_HEADER 0x00000019"

- I updated the Graphics Driver already
- I ran Memtest, without any errors
- I installed all windows updates

The computer seems to run well in safe mode.

I also uploaded all information in the attached zip file.

Any help is greatly apreciated!

Santo

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/386102-bsod-various-occasions-bad_pool_header-0x00000019.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi there,

My laptop has recently given me a few BSOD's. The first occured when I attached an iPod to charge and it completely crashed. Then today it has crashed 3 times, all of which occured when I was not doing anything out of the ordinary.

I have uploaded the SF Diagnostic report as per forum guidelines.

If anyone can shed some light on the issue for me I would really appreciate it.

John

A:BSOD when attaching IPOD and other occasions since

Security App

Code:
ENG64.SYS Thu Dec 20 15:24:21 2012 (50D2D945)
ETD.sys Wed Apr 13 13:01:46 2011 (4DA54A5A)
EX64.SYS Thu Dec 20 15:22:39 2012 (50D2D8DF)
ElbyCDIO.sys Fri Dec 17 04:58:13 2010 (4D0A9985)
EraserUtilDrv11220.sys Wed Aug 1 05:36:50 2012 (50186C12)
EraserUtilRebootDrv.sys Wed Aug 1 05:36:50 2012 (50186C12)
HECIx64.sys Tue Sep 21 22:59:04 2010 (4C98E458)
IDSvia64.sys Wed Aug 29 08:48:40 2012 (503D8308)
SRTSP64.SYS Tue Jul 3 00:20:28 2012 (4FF1E66C)
SRTSPX64.SYS Tue Jul 3 00:20:37 2012 (4FF1E675)
SYMDS64.SYS Tue May 17 04:15:03 2011 (4DD1A1E7)
SYMEFA64.SYS Sat May 19 07:29:56 2012 (4FB6F794)
SYMEVENT64x86.SYS Tue Jan 24 00:57:54 2012 (4F1DADB2)
SymIMv.sys Sun Nov 13 03:08:22 2011 (4EBEE046)
SYMNETS.SYS Sun Nov 13 03:11:53 2011 (4EBEE119)
Crashes indicate Norton being a possible cause. Remove Norton and replace with Microsoft Security Essentials to see if it provides more stability. Uninstallers (removal tools) for common antivirus software

Code:
SpybotSD TeaTimer c:\program files (x86)\spybot - search & destroy\teatimer.exe lovelynewlappy\lovely new lappy HKU\S-1-5-21-903429074-2643081801-4049092473-1001\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
If it were my pc I would not use Spybot on windows 7. It is known to corrupt the system.

Microsoft Security Essentials and Malwarebytes, both recommended from a strict BSOD perspective.

Microsoft Security Essentials, Free antivirus for windows

Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free

Information
DO NOT start the free trial of MalwareBytes. Deselect the option when prompted.

Tip
Make full scans with both separately.

Scan your system with the following:

Kaspersky TDSSKiller - How to remove malware belonging to the family Rootkit.Win32.TDSS (aka Tidserv, TDSServ, Alureon)

ESET online scanner - One-time virus scanner free with ESET online scanner

This tutorial USB Selective Suspend - Turn On or Off may help you:

To Disable Selective Suspend:

Code:
1. open the control panel
2. go to power options (you may have to set view to small icons)
3. click change plan settings
4. in the window that opens:
5. click change plan settings
6. click change advanced power settings, expand usb and ensure usb selective suspend is disabled.
Start up
Keep less stuff at the start-up. Only anti-virus, this helps avoid driver conflicts and improves time to log in to windows.

Troubleshoot a Problem by Performing a Clean Startup in Windows 7 or Vista
How to Change, Add, or Remove Startup Programs in Windows 7

I would also perform Clean Up Factory Bloatware

Code:
Start Menu\Programs\ASUS Public:Start Menu\Programs\ASUS Public
Start Menu\Programs\ASUS\ASUS WebStorage Public:Start Menu\Programs\ASUS\ASUS WebStorage Public
Start Menu\Programs\ASUS\AsusVibe Public:Start Menu\Programs\ASUS\AsusVibe Public
Start Menu\Programs\ASUS Utility Public:Start Menu\Programs\ASUS Utility Public
Start Menu\Programs\ASUS Utility\ASUS Splendid Utility Public:Start Menu\Programs\ASUS Utility\ASUS Splendid Utility Public
Start Menu\Programs\ASUS Utility\SmartLogon Public:Start Menu\Programs\ASUS Utility\SmartLogon Public
Basic checks: Please run these tests and report back the results

1. SFC /scannow to check windows for corruption - SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker
2. Disk check for errors on the hard drive - How to Run Disk Check in Windows 7
3. Troubleshoot applications by a clean boot - Troubleshoot Application Conflicts by Performing a Clean Startup
4. Memtest86+ paying close attention to part 3 - RAM - Test with Memtest86+
5. Hard drive test from HDD mfg website - Hard Drive Diagnostic Procedure

That's all for now, good luck.

BSOD BUGCHECK SU... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/290334-bsod-when-attaching-ipod-other-occasions-since.html
Relevancy 59.34%

I was on windows 7 professional 64 bit and everything was fine, then upgraded to win10, since then all sort of BSOD's with different error messages were happening.
I got tired of it and rolled back to win 7 pro 64bit (an option in win10 control panel - windows automatically restore an image of the old windows) and still got all kind of BSOD every few minutes or hours in different occasions.
I think most of them happened when watching youtube in chrome.

Please help me figure it out, It will be greatly appreciated!!!

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/380422-bsod-random-occasions-every-few-hours.html
Relevancy 59.34%

As the title states, its not something that happens often i'd say, but often enough to start annoying me, it can be 1-2 weeks to a month in between a BSoD but i simply have no clue what is causing it now.

Something wrong with the website, the attach files option is gone and things arent loading so well

A:BSoD on occasions while playing games.

Follow the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/333521-bsod-occasions-while-playing-games.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Greetings I'm getting that deja-vu feeling Its been a couple years since I've been through the BSOD experience and now its happening in my new computer build and Windows Pro Previously the SevenForums did a bang up job of helping me sort it out so I'm really happy there is an EightForums So random BSOD that based on observations occur when Low stress situations checking email web browsing copying files etc High stress situations seems unpredictable random and BSOD - Gaming twice in WoT and Video BSOD - seems random and unpredictable editing in Adobe Premeire CC once Event Viewer Logs point mainly to ntoskrnl exe but there are other suspects My previous Windows BSOD experience flushed out Acronis Disk Director as the culprit I've since started using Acronis again with this new build and that has me wondering What also has me wondering is that I do have a lot of hard drives going right now SSD drives - for C drive OS and a second I use as a scratch Disk HDD drives - internal SATA USB drives - Western Digital Books to HDD connected via an eSata slot Doc I don't always have them on As always thanks in advance for the great service you guys provide Log files attached Regards Randy Smith PS I apologize if this ends up being a duplicate post I think I previewed my first and didn't submit and then I was puzzled when I didn't see the post in the forum

A:BSOD - seems random and unpredictable

Please update or remove drivers highlighted in red and test your RAM using Memtest. Test one RAM stick at the time.

Code:
wdcsam64.sys Wed Apr 16 10:39:08 2008 (4805BB2C)

wdcsam64.sys - this driver hasn't been added to the DRT as of this run. Please search Google/Bing for the driver if additional information is needed.

bomebus.sys Thu Oct 15 13:50:17 2009 (4AD70C79)
Bome\'s MIDI Bus Enumerator
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=bomebus.sys

bomemidi.sys Thu Oct 15 13:50:21 2009 (4AD70C7D)
Bome's Virtual MIDI Port Driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=bomemidi.sys

LGBusEnum.sys Tue Nov 24 02:36:48 2009 (4B0B38B0)
Logitech Keyboard
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=LGBusEnum.sys

LGVirHid.sys Tue Nov 24 02:36:48 2009 (4B0B38B0)
Logitech Gamepanel Virtual HID Device Driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=LGVirHid.sys

AsUpIO.sys Tue Aug 3 04:47:59 2010 (4C57835F)
ASUS hardware monitoring software related
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=AsUpIO.sys

point64.sys Wed May 18 10:07:20 2011 (4DD37E38)
Microsoft IntelliPoint Filter Driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=point64.sys

ASUSFILTER.sys Tue Sep 20 17:46:33 2011 (4E78B559)
ASUS USB Hub filter driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=ASUSFILTER.sys

AiChargerPlus.sys Thu Apr 19 03:17:35 2012 (4F8F67AF)
Asus Charger Driver [br] Likely BSOD cause - haven't seen recently (15Jan2013)
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=AiChargerPlus.sys

PxHlpa64.sys Tue Apr 24 19:26:29 2012 (4F96E245)
Sonic CD/DVD driver (used by many different CD/DVD programs)
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=PxHlpa64.sys

GEARAspiWDM.sys Thu May 3 21:56:17 2012 (4FA2E2E1)
CD-ROM Class Filter Driver by Gear Software.[br]Also comes with iTunes
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=GEARAspiWDM.sys

AsIO.sys Wed Aug 22 11:54:47 2012 (5034AC67)
Asus PCProbe Utility
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=AsIO.sys

SBFWIM.sys Mon Sep 17 14:55:25 2012 (50571DBD)
Sunbelt Firewall Software
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=SBFWIM.sys

lvbflt64.sys Tue Oct 23 04:10:38 2012 (5085FC9E)
Logitech Webcam Software driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=lvbflt64.sys

lvrs64.sys Tue Oct 23 04:11:24 2012 (5085FCCC)
Logitech Camera driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=lvrs64.sys

lvuvc64.sys Tue Oct 23 04:12:08 2012 (5085FCF8)
Logitech USB Video Class Driver (WebCam)
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=lvuvc64.sys

sbwtis.sys Thu Dec 6 13:26:10 2012 (50C08EE2)
Sunbelt Personal Firewall TDI Inspection System
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=sbwtis.sys

ndisrd.sys Thu Feb 21 03:40:15 2013 (5125890F)

ndisrd.sys - this driver hasn't been added to the DRT as of this run. Please search Google/Bing for the driver if additional information is needed.

LGSHidFilt.Sys Thu May 30 17:16:33 2013 (51A76D51)
Logitech Gaming KMDF HID driver[br]KB or mouse
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=LGSHidFilt.Sys

sbapifs.sys Tue Jun 18 03:08:23 2013 (51BFB307)
Sunbelt ActiveProtection Filter part of VIPRE/CounterSpy from Sunbelt Software (may be a part of Lavasoft protection also).
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=sbapifs.sys

Rt630x64.sys Fri Jun 21 11:29:10 2013 (51C41CE6)
Realtek PCI/PCIe Adapters
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=Rt630x64.sys

SbFw.sys Wed Jul 3 17:49:08 2013 (51D447F4)
Sunbelt Personal Firewall driver/Sunbelt Software
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=SbFw.sys

asmtxhci.sys Fri Aug 16 21:28:42 2013 (520E7D6A)
Asmedia USB 3.0 driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=asmtxhci.sys

asmthub3.sys Fri Aug 16 21:28:54 2013 (520E7D76)
ASMedia USB 3.0 Hub driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=asmthub3.sys

RTKVHD64.sys Wed Aug 21 06:48:22 2013 (52144696)
Realtek High Definition Audio ... Read more

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/57181-bsod-seems-random-unpredictable.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hey guys,

First time poster here, I've always managed to fix everything myself with a little Googling, but this one's got me beaten.

I've got two different BSODs, one of which is the "PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA", and the other always reboots so quickly that I don't have time to even read the error code.

I've attached the logs below, help would be much appreciated

Thanks!

EDIT - Added another set of logs from the "dm log collector.exe" tool

A:Two different BSOD's, unpredictable timing

Hi Gapper100 & Welcome to the forums ^_^,

I have analysed your dump files and below has been provided an analysis of the same for informative purposes :-
First of all, let's check out the Page_Fault_In_Nonpaged_Area which means that a driver referenced invalid system memory. Let's first check the stack -

Code:
1: kd> k
Child-SP RetAddr Call Site
ffffd000`21e06188 fffff800`ce984a7f nt!KeBugCheckEx
ffffd000`21e06190 fffff800`ce854869 nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+0x1c8cf
ffffd000`21e06230 fffff800`ce961f2f nt!MmAccessFault+0x7a9
ffffd000`21e06370 fffff800`ce964525 nt!KiPageFault+0x12f
ffffd000`21e06508 fffff800`ce889831 nt!memcpy+0xa5
ffffd000`21e06510 fffff800`ce88b06c nt!IopCompleteRequest+0x551
ffffd000`21e06620 fffff800`268736c9 nt!IopfCompleteRequest+0x7fc
ffffd000`21e06730 00000000`00000156 copperhd+0x16c9
ffffd000`21e06738 00000000`00000000 0x156

Hmm, so what is "copperhd.sys"? It is your Razer DiamondBack's Driver. Now, Razer devices are very famous to cause BSOD's especially the drivers from 2009. Let's check the driver date of this one -

Code:
1: kd> lmvm copperhd
start end module name
fffff800`26872000 fffff800`26875800 copperhd T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: copperhd.sys
Image path: copperhd.sys
Image name: copperhd.sys
Timestamp: Tue Nov 10 13:20:17 2009 (4AF91B39)
CheckSum: 0000ECB0
ImageSize: 00003800
Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4

And there we have it.
Now, let us have a look at the other dump file which is the KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED which means that a Kernel Mode Exception was generated which could not be handled or caught by the Exception Handler. Let us take a look at the stack of this dump file -

Code:
2: kd> k
Child-SP RetAddr Call Site
ffffd001`3c372728 fffff800`98c5aefb nt!KeBugCheckEx
ffffd001`3c372730 fffff800`98be4846 nt!KiFatalFilter+0x1f
ffffd001`3c372770 fffff800`98bc2d56 nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+0x696
ffffd001`3c3727b0 fffff800`98bdb1ed nt!_C_specific_handler+0x86
ffffd001`3c372820 fffff800`98b683a5 nt!RtlpExecuteHandlerForException+0xd
ffffd001`3c372850 fffff800`98b6725f nt!RtlDispatchException+0x1a5
ffffd001`3c372f20 fffff800`98bdf8c2 nt!KiDispatchException+0x61f
ffffd001`3c373610 fffff800`98bde014 nt!KiExceptionDispatch+0xc2
ffffd001`3c3737f0 fffff801`0c6a2c1a nt!KiPageFault+0x214
ffffd001`3c373988 fffff801`0c67005a e1i63x64+0x4fc1a
ffffd001`3c373990 ffffe001`6f48d000 e1i63x64+0x1d05a
ffffd001`3c373998 00000000`00002000 0xffffe001`6f48d000
ffffd001`3c3739a0 00000000`00000000 0x2000

So, in this case there is the presence of your Intel Gigabit Adapter which caused a Page Fault.

Code:
2: kd> lmvm e1i63x64
start end module name
fffff801`0c653000 fffff801`0c6c7000 e1i63x64 T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: e1i63x64.sys
Image path: e1i63x64.sys
Image name: e1i63x64.sys
Timestamp: Wed Mar 20 13:07:29 2013 (51496739)
CheckSum: 0007FF34
ImageSize: 00074000

So, according to the above analysis :-

Please either remove your Razer DiamondBack (Physically Detach it from the system) or find an updated version of the driver which is compatible with the Windows 8.1. You can visit **THIS** link for more information.Please find an updated version for your Intel Gigabit Adapter. You can visit **THIS** link for more information.
Let me know how it goes ^_^

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/54593-two-different-bsods-unpredictable-timing.html
Relevancy 59.34%

So for the past months now i've been having fairly unpredictable spouts of BSoD's where ill get say - in a row and then not have any for weeks and havnt been able to troubleshoot it myself was hoping someone would be able to BSoD's. Unpredictable MEMORY_MANAGEMENT look into the dump files and find what is causing this problem for me thankyou All i can see from BlueScreenView is that ntoskrnl exe is common in every single crash that is happening along with generally one or two windows associated drivers System Specs CPU - Intel R Core TM i - K CPU GHz MOBO - ASUSTeK Computer INC Maximus IV Extreme BIOS Date Ver RAM - Corsair Dominator GB RAM CMT GX M A C HDD SSD - Hitachi HDS BLA Hitachi HDS MEMORY_MANAGEMENT Unpredictable BSoD's. BLA Volume Corsair Force GB x in Raid GPU's - NVIDIA GeForce GTX MEMORY_MANAGEMENT Unpredictable BSoD's. NVIDIA GeForce GTX SLI OS - Microsoft Windows Home Premium -bit Multiprocessor Free Service Pack PSU - w Corsair AX Network - Intel R V Gigabit Network Connection OS is OEM and has not be reinstalled since i recieved this system in april june of this year Please find attached the dump files

A:MEMORY_MANAGEMENT Unpredictable BSoD's.

RivaTuner/EVGA Precision/MSI Afterburner (known issues w/Win7), recommend uninstalling...

Also since many of your blue screens are related to system files, recommend running SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

You also had problems with DirectX at one point.. look at: Diagnosing basic problems with DirectX

DirectX issues can be due to display card driver problems, do the following:

1. Download and install Driver Sweeper
2. Download the latest driver for your display card
3. Click Start Menu
4. Right Click My Computer
5. Click Manage
6. Click Device Manager from the list on the left
7. Click the + next to Display adapter
8. Right click your display/graphics card device
9. Click Uninstall
10. Check the box to Delete driver software for the device
11. Click OK
12. Restart your computer in safe mode
13. Run Driver Sweeper, select display card manufacturer's drivers, analyze, clean
14. Restart your computer
15. Install the latest drivers

You also had a hard drive issue:
1. Click Start Menu
2. Click My Computer
3. For each drive containing system files or program files do steps 4-9
4. Right click the drive and click Properties
5. Click the tools tab
6. Click Check now...
7. Tick Automatically fix file system errors
8. Click OK
9. If prompted, click schedule disk check (the next time the computer starts)
10. Restart your computer.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/203672-memory_management-unpredictable-bsods.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi guys Recently I have been experiencing BSOD a couple of times it started a few months back maybe once or twice a month i tried to isolate the hardware to find out what is causing the BSOD but to no avail It was hard to do troubleshooting as it does not always happen However when it is and random unpredictable BSOD that does after the BSOD the computer will attempt to reboot again but it will keep booting up and then shutdown again repeating a few times before successfully booting it back to the user log in The phase where it boots up and shutdown repeatedly to put in more details it's like when you turn on your computer you will hear the fans running LEDs coming on etc etc then it will immediately shut back down and repeat again Since yesterday i have already experience BSOD about times and now my computer has been restarting on it's own no BSOD nothing no warning as well To add on the BSOD happens as and when it likes sometimes gaming web browsing etc etc even when it's just idling I'm not sure what is causing it as I do not have much knowledge on problems like these Will appreciate all help below is the log generated Thanks in advance Update I have run the memtest and have consecutive passes guess we can eliminate the suspect of the RAM Update The BSOD is very random everytime it happens the error is completely different sometime services sometime some initialisation isssues Therefore I decided to do a reformat to eliminate the software suspect and it is still happening but far lesser than before reformat I seem to notice the frequency tends to increase if I'm using anything that has got to do with Java

A:BSOD that is random and unpredictable

Code:
BugCheck 1000007E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff88004628812, fffff880009a9128, fffff880009a8980}

Probably caused by : memory_corruption

Followup: memory_corruption
---------

Code:
BugCheck 1A, {5003, fffff70001080000, 630, 772e0005}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+29041 )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

Code:
BugCheck A, {fffff70405006c30, 2, 0, fffff800032bd492}

Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiReplenishBitMap+48 )

---------
Test your RAM modules for possible errors. How to Test and Diagnose RAM Issues with Memtest86+
Run memtest86+ for at least 8 consecutive passes.

If it start showing errors/red lines, stop testing. A single error is enough to determine that something is going bad there.

If it does not show any error, enable Driver Verifier to monitor the drivers. Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable
Run Driver Verifier for 24 hours or the occurrence of the next crash, whichever is earlier.

Information
Why Driver Verifier:
It puts a stress on the drivers, ans so it makes the unstable drivers crash. Hopefully the driver that crashes is recorded in the memory dump.

How Can we know that DV is enabled:
It will make the system bit of slow, laggy.

Warning
Before enabling DV, make it sure that you have earlier System restore points made in your computer. You can check it easily by using CCleaner looking at Tools > System Restore.

If there is no points, make a System Restore Point manually before enabling DV.

Tip

If you fail to get on the Desktop because of DV, Boot into Advanced Boot Options > Safe mode. Disable DV there. Now boot normally again, and try following the instruction of enabling DV again.
If you cannot boot in Safe mode too, do a System Restore to a point you made earlier.

Let us know the results, with the subsequent crash dumps, if any.

** EDIT: Before enabling Driver Verifier, Free up the startup. Windows does not need any other program to auto start with it, but the auto start programs often conflicts and causes various problems including BSODs.
Click on the Start button
Type ?msconfig (without quotes), click the resulting link. It will open the System Configuration window.
Select the ?Startup? tab.
Deselect all items other than the antivirus.
Apply > OK
Accept then restart.
Otherwise windows will refuse to go to the desktop with DV enabled.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/366590-bsod-random-unpredictable.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi there Even since I build Bugcheck Win at 0x124 occasions with BSOD random 8.1 this new computer last year in September I am plagued by irregular bluescreens but was able to solve them as I though by replacing the RAM after memtest deemed sticks faulty I bought the RAM nd-hand how stupid of me So here I was with brand new RAM happily computing away but still getting some Win 8.1 BSOD at random occasions with Bugcheck 0x124 blue screens from time to time so I re-installed Windows in February to bail out faulty drivers or something and it seems to be fine again but no the BSOD kept comming So I replaced the PSU since I thought it might be load-related issue and my W PSU was getting old anyway maybe it wasn't able to deliver the load reliable anymore Now I have a shiny new W RS GM from CoolerMaster but to no avail I've attached the SF diagnostics tool file collection to this post in the hopes someone might circle down Win 8.1 BSOD at random occasions with Bugcheck 0x124 the cause The last days I really got many bluescreens During gaming during browsing or just when the PC was idle and Win 8.1 BSOD at random occasions with Bugcheck 0x124 should have switched to standby after a while instead of restarting from a BSOD The latest BSOD had a bugcheck of x GenuineIntel PROCESSOR CACHE I googled that and suspect my CPU might be the cause of all this But before I start a RMA with Intel I want to be sure Maybe I can try to elevate reduce the issue by underclocking or something Everything in my PC runs on stock clocks no overclocking at all Running the RAM on JEDEC MHz V or XMP MHz V does not change the BSOD rate Thanks for any hints

A:Win 8.1 BSOD at random occasions with Bugcheck 0x124

The 3 latest dumpfiles are Bugcheck 124 and 133 all mention HAL.dll. This points to a hardware related problem. analysing the dumpfiles i suspect it is audiorelated. I have a hunch it is your incompatible audo hardware/drivers from Creative.
What devices are you using from Creative?
Please update to windows 8.1 compatible drivers or if these are not avaliable uninstall/remove these devices.
Driver Update Site: Creative Worldwide Support
Also please update your Cisco Vpn device , the driver is from 2008 and 2011
Driver Description: Citrix Deterministic Network Enhancer Miniport or Cisco Systems VPN ClientDriver Update Site: http://www.cisco.com

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/46922-win-8-1-bsod-random-occasions-bugcheck-0x124.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Just got this BSOD while I was plugging in my earphones. I've been getting these lately but I can't find any solution for them.

Another thing is that the "" stucks so whenever I get a BSOD I need to force shutdown the computer, also don't know why.

Please help me out,

many thank's!

Here's my specs:
EvGa GTX 680 2GB
Intel i7 930 @ 2,8 GH(stock)
6GB Ram
Gigabyte x58a-ud3r motherboard

A:BSOD at random occasions, why?(Picture included)

Follow the instructions here> http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ta-452654.html
Lets see if the BSOD dump file(s) can tell us whats going on.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-at-random-occasions-why-picture-included-704774.html
Relevancy 58.91%

So hello guys In advance thanks for checking out my question I really appreciate it Here's the story I became a university-student in september in a foreign country so I needed a laptop to study and spend countless hours playing video games After a decent research conducted from my father and I we decided that the best laptop in our price range would be the ACER Aspire V - G CPU i - MQ GHz GPU GTX M aswell as an driver (possible issue) Multiple occasions BSOD integrated Intel HD RAM GB DDR L HDD WDC TB and the guys from my local tech-service also put an Intel SSD in if that's relevant OS Win Home Premium So what's my problem While quot studying quot that's code for gaming wink wink I suffer from sudden lag spikes I'm talking about dropping to fps a still image for a solid second or two And this happens while I'm playing something at totally normal frame rates I e - I'm playing WoW with FPS but when we engage a boss my computer just stopps for a split second and returns to a smooth framerate afterwards That wouldn't be a problem itself atleast not a big one but those freezes are sometimes BSODs and they happen without any context whatsoever I recently noticed that they even happen while I'n NOT gaming and the PC is not being pushed at all Aside from the BSODs there are some frustrating freezes of the whole OS it seems which last - seconds The last straw was an hour ago when I had a grey screen of death Multiple BSOD occasions (possible driver issue) - the whole screen was grey except for some white lines which were flickering and then the system rebooted I've attached the debug zip according to the instructions so I hope the answer lies within A possibility could be that I ed up something with my GPU drivers You see the guys at my computer shop had forgotten to install the drivers to the NVidia GPU so my computer only ran with the internal Intel one until I found out I installed the NVidia ones myself so I could've screwed something up Since the Multiple BSOD occasions (possible driver issue) problems started I've already done some clean instalations of the newest GPU drivers but that didn't seem to help Oh god that wall of text I am terribly sorry One last thing that I thought of - this could all be a RAM issue but I don't have a clue what I should do if that's the case or how I Multiple BSOD occasions (possible driver issue) should identify it Alright that's enough talking from me I would really appreciate your help If you need any more information I will be willing to provide Thanks in advance again

A:Multiple BSOD occasions (possible driver issue)

Hello and welcome Michail now I am an old fellow and to be honest although you are honest about what you use the computer for I am a little disappointed because it sounds like you are not taking studying that seriously.

But to get to your problem there are no debugging files my friend so I cannot search them for obvious faults. You need to send those files before we can do anything and sort something out.
See this and send back the files please. Dump Files - Configure Windows to Create on BSOD

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/360009-multiple-bsod-occasions-possible-driver-issue.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I've been having this issue for about a year now It used to happen while I used pretty much any gaming program from pokerstars to Starcraft even FB games It stopped for a while and I've been able to play poker and FB games but have been kinda scared to run actual games on it now it's back with a vengeance it even crashed the first few times of trying to boot up in safe mode with networking leading me to believe that it may have something to do with my network adapter but I'm not exactly positive My other theory is it could be a lack of power that my PSU is giving however once again I'm not completely certain I tried downloading and running the BSOD Dump amp System File Collection app but can't install it windows and random other occasions starting BSOD in safe mode also the System Health Report just comes up with quot An error occured while attempting to generate the report The system cannot find the path specified quot so BSOD starting windows and other random occasions here's what I do have I'm running windows home premium x -bit the original OS full retail about years old I bought all the components separately and built it around I believe sept I've also uploaded the dumps and the windows NT BSOD starting windows and other random occasions BSOD zips for some added help thank you for your time and hopeful assistance

A:BSOD starting windows and other random occasions

Code:

Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.12.0002.633 AMD64
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\Mike\Downloads\BSODDmpFiles\fyrspray\Windows_NT6_BSOD_jcgriff2\012012-25162-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

Symbol search path is: SRV*c:\users\mike\documents\symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7601 (Service Pack 1) MP (2 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS Personal
Built by: 7601.17640.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.110622-1506
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`03008000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`0324d670
Debug session time: Fri Jan 20 18:05:08.191 2012 (UTC - 7:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:05:49.721
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 50, {fffff68e858c0a08, 0, fffff800030a1f61, 5}
Could not read faulting driver name
Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiDispatchFault+d1 )

---------

1: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (50)
Invalid system memory was referenced. This cannot be protected by try-except,
it must be protected by a Probe. Typically the address is just plain bad or it
is pointing at freed memory.
Arguments:
Arg1: fffff68e858c0a08, memory referenced.
Arg2: 0000000000000000, value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation.
Arg3: fffff800030a1f61, If non-zero, the instruction address which referenced the bad memory
address.
Arg4: 0000000000000005, (reserved)

Debugging Details:
------------------
Could not read faulting driver name

READ_ADDRESS: GetPointerFromAddress: unable to read from fffff800032b7100
fffff68e858c0a08

FAULTING_IP:
nt!MiDispatchFault+d1
fffff800`030a1f61 4b8b1c1c mov rbx,qword ptr [r12+r11]

MM_INTERNAL_CODE: 5

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x50

PROCESS_NAME: explorer.exe

CURRENT_IRQL: 0

TRAP_FRAME: fffff880078f3820 -- (.trap 0xfffff880078f3820)
NOTE: The trap frame does not contain all registers.
Some register values may be zeroed or incorrect.
rax=1d0b18141de80d66 rbx=0000000000000000 rcx=0000000000000002
rdx=00000000ffffffff rsi=0000000000000000 rdi=0000000000000000
rip=fffff800030a1f61 rsp=fffff880078f39b0 rbp=fffff68000385628
r8=00001d0b18141de8 r9=0000000000000000 r10=0000000fffffffff
r11=fffff68000000000 r12=0000000000000000 r13=0000000000000000
r14=0000000000000000 r15=0000000000000000
iopl=0 nv up ei pl nz na pe nc
nt!MiDispatchFault+0xd1:
fffff800`030a1f61 4b8b1c1c mov rbx,qword ptr [r12+r11] ds:3a08:fffff680`00000000=????????????????
Resetting default scope

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from fffff8000302f3bf to fffff80003084c40

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`078f36b8 fffff800`0302f3bf : 00000000`00000050 fffff68e`858c0a08 00000000`00000000 fffff880`078f3820 : nt!KeBug... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/209654-bsod-starting-windows-other-random-occasions.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hello everyone I have a year old hp laptop I can remember that it started crashing and displaying BSOD detail) in multiple on (explained occasions BSODs around the second year At that time it was not very frequent However it started to happen more and BSOD on multiple occasions (explained in detail) more Generally it happened when too many processes were running at the same time torrenting downloading reading a document playing music etc but sometimes it happened randomly too I have had cases where it happened just before shutting down or right after restarting because of another BSOD I tried re-installing my Windows and no crashes occurred only for a couple weeks after which I started to get the same pattern of crashes again even more frequently I can not see any error quot names quot on recent BSODs but I remember seeing USB BUGCODE or something like that before it was not the same quot name quot all the time though If it helps here is some random information - I have tried updating my BIOS - I rarely have these display issues random flickering horizontal lines on my monitor or sometimes especially during full-screen video games screen becoming two splits and going crazy I know its hard to visualize from my words but basically it is very annoying which do not get fixed until I restart Windows - I have a year old wireless usb mouse - I have a laptop cooler that works with usb It's wire has an issue and so the cooler stops working almost all the time At this point I am only using it because it feels comfortable on my lap I appreciate your responses

A:BSOD on multiple occasions (explained in detail)

Welcome to the forum thewitcher,

Clean bootTroubleshoot Application Conflicts by Performing a Clean Startup
Reduce items at start-up. No software except anti-virus is required plus doing this improves the time for logging into windows:How to Change, Add, or Remove Startup Programs in Windows 7

Run the System File Checker that scans the of all protected Windows 7 system files and replaces incorrect corrupted, changed/modified, or damaged versions with the correct versions if possible:Click on the
Type CMD on Search
Left click and Run as Administrator
Type SFC /scannow
Full tutorial here:SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker
Run Disk Check on your Hard Drive for file system errors and bad sectors on it.

Hard Drive Diagnostics
Double click and open my computer.
Right click on desired drive and hit properties.
Click on tools tab and Check now.

Read complete instructions on the tutorial: Disk Check

Other Tests:

Upload a screenshot of your hard disk using Crystal Disk Info.
Make a hard drive test from the hard drive manufacturers website.
Test your Hard Drive with SeaTools.

Temp Monitoring

Check for heating issues using Speccy or HWMonitor.

Speccy - System Information - Free Download
HWMonitor CPUID - System & hardware benchmark, monitoring, reporting

Upload a screen shot with either of the tools: Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums

Take memtest. Run for 8 passes and test each stick in a know good slot for an additional 6 passes.RAM - Test with Memtest86+

The goal is to test all the RAM sticks and all the motherboard slots.

Check your motherboard manual to ensure the RAM sticks are in the recommended motherboard slots. Some motherboards have very specific slots required for the number of RAM sticks installed.

If you get errors, stop the test and continue with the next step.

1. Remove all but one stick of RAM from your computer (this will be RAM stick #1), and run Memtest86 again, for 7 passes.*Be sure to note the RAM stick, use a piece of tape with a number, and note the motherboard slot.
If this stick passes the test then go to step #3.

2. If RAM stick #1 has errors, repeat the test with RAM stick #2 in the same motherboard slot.*If RAM stick #2 passes, this indicates that RAM stick #1 may be bad. If you want to be absolutely sure, re-test RAM stick #1 in another known good slot.
*If RAM stick #2 has errors, this indicates another possible bad RAM stick, a possible motherboard slot failure or inadequate settings.
3. Test the next stick of RAM (stick #2) in the next motherboard slot.*If this RAM stick has errors repeat step #2 using a known good stick if possible, or another stick.
*If this RAM stick has no errors and both sticks failed in slot#1, test RAM stick #1 in this slot.
4. If you find a stick that passes the test, test it in all the other motherboard slots.

If Part 2 testing shows errors, and all tests in Part 3 show errors, you will need to test the RAM sticks in another computer and/or test other RAM in your computer to identify the problem.

In this way, you can identify whether it is a bad stick of RAM, a bad motherboard, or incompatibility between the sticks.

Information
Errors are sometimes found after 8 passes.

Tip
Memtest should be done overnight.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/353578-bsod-multiple-occasions-explained-detail.html
Relevancy 58.91%

First sorry for my english.

OS: OEM Windows 7 Professional 64-bit, SP1 (5 months old)
Hardware: 6 months old
Processor: Intel I7 2600K
MB: Asus P8Z68-V PRO
Graphic Card: Asus GTX 570
SSD: Kingston HyperX 120GB
Memory: 8GB Corsair 1600

My problems with BSOD are pretty random (playing games, watching videos), but they are always 0x00000050 PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA.

One of the sure way to gat this BSOD is to run miranda instant messenger (Yaho?s Miranda Pack) and almost any video file (Last time it was .mkv).

I checked my memory with Memtest86 (8 runs) and find no errors. I updated BIOS on motherboard and firmware on SSD. My current video drivers are 290.53-desktop-win7-winvista-64bit-international-beta, but I had BSOD problems even with non beta drivers.

Any help would be appreciated.

A:BSOD 0x00000050 PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA Random Occasions

Hi -
The 10 dumps go back to October 2011 and all have bugcheck = 0x50 = invalid memory referenced.

Remove Daemon Tools/ Alcohol 120 for now -

Code:
sptd.sys Sun Feb 27 14:29:52 2011 (4D6AA630)
http://sysnative.com/drivers/driver.php?id=sptd.sys

Run Driver Verifier - Driver Verifier - sysnative.com - MVP

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

BSOD SUMMARY

Code:
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\PalmDesert\_jcgriff2_\dbug\__Kernel__\012112-6037-01.dmp]
Debug session time: Fri Jan 20 18:16:59.594 2012 (GMT-5)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:32:29.453
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+4611f )
PROCESS_NAME: miranda32.exe
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x50_nt!_??_::FNODOBFM::_string_+4611f
Bugcheck code 00000050
Arguments fffff8a0`0dc48000 00000000`00000000 fffff800`0307b74e 00000000`00000000
BiosVersion = 1101
BiosReleaseDate = 11/23/2011
SystemManufacturer = System manufacturer
SystemProductName = System Product Name
MaxSpeed: 3400
CurrentSpeed: 3411
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\PalmDesert\_jcgriff2_\dbug\__Kernel__\011712-5772-01.dmp]
Debug session time: Tue Jan 17 14:38:02.326 2012 (GMT-5)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:25:39.185
Bugcheck code 00000050
Arguments fffff8a0`08364000 00000000`00000000 fffff800`0308174e 00000000`00000000
BiosVersion = 0501
BiosReleaseDate = 05/09/2011
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\PalmDesert\_jcgriff2_\dbug\__Kernel__\011412-5803-01.dmp]
Debug session time: Sat Jan 14 14:38:37.373 2012 (GMT-5)
System Uptime: 0 days 10:21:01.106
Bugcheck code 00000050
Arguments fffff8a0`0e162000 00000000`00000000 fffff800`0309174e 00000000`00000000
BiosVersion = 0501
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\PalmDesert\_jcgriff2_\dbug\__Kernel__\122911-6052-01.dmp]
Debug session time: Thu Dec 29 06:05:29.034 2011 (GMT-5)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:32:27.877
Bugcheck code 00000050
Arguments fffff8a0`03cdc000 00000000`00000000 fffff800`030c574e 00000000`00000000
BiosVersion = 0501
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\PalmDesert\_jcgriff2_\dbug\__Kernel__\120611-6723-01.dmp]
Debug session time: Tue Dec 6 15:41:46.063 2011 (GMT-5)
System Uptime: 0 days 3:50:13.906
BUGCHECK_STR... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/209636-bsod-0x00000050-page_fault_in_nonpaged_area-random-occasions.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I've been trying to diagnose this problem myself for quite some time... Been reading crash dumps. It's always a Vista driver fault. What I find strange is that its caused very randomly by different processes. Sometimes by a game, my browser, or even explorer.exe. It's so random that I can't figure out how to truly reproduce the problem. I've jsut a about given up.

Im using Windows 7 Ultimate x64 OEM. It's a laptop i've had since the latter half of 09. I did a clean install of window's earlier this year. Been having these random BSOD for a little over a month now.

A:BSOD during very random occasions. Thought it was flash but not sure

Quote: Originally Posted by windlessuser

I've been trying to diagnose this problem myself for quite some time... Been reading crash dumps. It's always a Vista driver fault. What I find strange is that its caused very randomly by different processes. Sometimes by a game, my browser, or even explorer.exe. It's so random that I can't figure out how to truly reproduce the problem. I've jsut a about given up.

Im using Windows 7 Ultimate x64 OEM. It's a laptop i've had since the latter half of 09. I did a clean install of window's earlier this year. Been having these random BSOD for a little over a month now.

Your .dmp file shows a stop error of 0x124 which is a general hardware error .

A "stop 0x124" is fundamentally different to many other types of bluescreens because it stems from a hardware complaint.

Stop 0x124 minidumps contain very little practical information, and it is therefore necessary to approach the problem as a case of hardware in an unknown state of distress.

Some generic advice.

If you are overclocking STOP. return to the default settings at least for now.
If you are running a RAID update its driver.
You can read more on this error and what to try here... Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/197525-bsod-during-very-random-occasions-thought-flash-but-not-sure.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hello,

I recently build a new system and the following problems occur since this system was build. The only parts that i have not replaced are the ocz SSD PCIE and the other harddrives. (you can find my new specs in my profile)

Im having trouble with BSOD's randomly like once or twice a day.
It started with the iastor.sys which i think i fixed by updating the driver for intel mass storage ullitiy.
But now it continues with ntoskrnl.exe.
I have tried Reinstalling windows with no luck.

I have attached the system health report + the bsod info as instructed on the forum.
Im using windows life essentials as virus scanner.
Could anybody shed some light on this case ?

Kind Regards,
Wesley762

A:BSOD @ Random occasions ntoskrnl.exe + iastor.sys

Update.

I checked some of the similair posts with the same error as mine.
And Noticed making sure all drivers are up to date.

Which just did, with help of mypcdrivers.com i made sure all drivers are up to date.
altho the problem still presists.

Kind Regards,
Wesley762

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/235823-bsod-random-occasions-ntoskrnl-exe-iastor-sys.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi everybody

I was helping a friend by formatting her PC because of BSOD. After formatting and reinstalling they reappear though, giving me an indication of HW problem. Due to lack of time I only ran memtest86+ for one cycle without any error.

The PC is:
ASUS X53B (K53BY)
CPU: AMD E-350 1.6 GHz 64bit

Apparently two graphic cards:
Radeon 6310 (probably onboard for power usage purposes)
Radeon 6470M

Not sure about the manufacturer of the RAM.

Attached are the zipfile with memory dump and so on. P.S I'm curious, which program do you use to read the memory dump?

Best regards and thanks in advance!

A:BSOD while using windows update (and at random occasions)

Seatool for dos: SeaTools | Seagate download
Burn it in a blank cd. boot from the CD, click on "Accept", wait for it to finish detecting the drives, then in the upper left corner select "Basic Tests", then select "Long Test" and let it run.
** Your Storage controller is set to AHCI mode. Probably Seatools will not find any disc there, as DOS does not see AHCI. Boot into the BIOS. Change the Storage controller to IDE/SATA mode and run the Seatools test.

When the test is done, Boot into BIOS again and Set the storage controller to AHCI mode back. Otherwise Windows will refuse to boot.
Scan the system for possible virus infection with the following programs.

Anti-rootkit utility TDSSKiller
Windows Defender Offline
Let us know the result.
________________________________________________________________________________

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck F4, {3, fffffa8008fbfb30, fffffa8008fbfe10, fffff80002d7f260}

----- ETW minidump data unavailable-----
Probably caused by : wininit.exe

---------

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/307396-bsod-while-using-windows-update-random-occasions.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Having frequent BSOD's on my system It is a brand new self-built system The system specs are Windows Professional x with Service pack from PFN_LIST_CORRUPT & BSOD's, SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION Unpredictable MSDNAA Intel i K Using stock cooler Gigabyte Z X-UD -B Corsair Vengeance GB x GB DDR MHz CL CMZ GX M A C Asus GeForce GTX Ti DirectCU II TOP Corsair CX V W Seagate Unpredictable BSOD's, PFN_LIST_CORRUPT & SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION Barracuda TB Bought new for this system Seagate Barracuda GB From my old system No overclocking at all I have run memtest v overnight on both sticks of RAM with zero errors and have run on each stick separately for passes with zero errors I have run memtest HCI for Unpredictable BSOD's, PFN_LIST_CORRUPT & SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION one hour with no problems four instances running I have run Seatools on both drives with zero errors I also have Ubuntu installed which has run with no problems at all BSOD's started before Ubuntu installation Attached are the results of perfmon report and the BSOD dump amp system file collection app I really appreciate any help with this as it's driving me crazy Thanks

A:Unpredictable BSOD's, PFN_LIST_CORRUPT & SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

I'm afraid you attached the executable for gathering the crash reports and not the actual crash reports. Please follow the http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html more carefully to provide us with the reports. Thank you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/217432-unpredictable-bsods-pfn_list_corrupt-system_service_exception.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi guys,

I'm having this on and off problem with my Dell XPS M1330 running Vista home premium. I've updated my drivers to all the latest drivers and had dell replace all my whole motherboard with video card and my touch sensitive LED buttons, but i am still having BSOD problems. Sometimes the problem is with tcpip.sys, sometimes its not.

can any kind soul help? Thanks in advance

A:Persistant Unpredictable BSOD on VISTA

My Brand new D630 came with Vista Ultimate and got a lot of BSODs. I ran every possible diagnostic software with 0 errors, so I thought it was no a hardware problem. Called Microsoft and they gave me a Downgrade key for Windows XP Pro Sp2. I had only two BSOD with Xp and I think the cause is the Video driver I downloaded form Intel. Now turned back to Dell Video driver and no more BSODs. Im not pretending to return to Vista soon.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/persistant-unpredictable-bsod-on-vista.102324/
Relevancy 58.48%

It can happen instantly when I load up minecraft or not at all after playing arkham city for 2 hours. Ive ran memtest for 9 passes with no error. Ive made sure all my drivers are updated. Im on my second video card, because I thought that was the issue initially and gave me an excuse to order a newer one. I flashed the bios to the newest version I found and the errors stopped for about a month or so, long enough for me to throw away my boxes. I dont know what else to do. I appreciate any help. File requested for new thread is attached.

A:BSOD unpredictable while playing any game.

Hello,

Code:
Not Available PCI\VEN_1022&DEV_780B&SUBSYS_43851458&REV_13\3&18D45AA6&0&A0 The drivers for this device are not installed.
By any chance, would you know what device this is?

Since you use uTorrent, scan for possible viruses:

Quote:
Uninstall any Anti-virus you use before you do this. Make sure to create a restore point!

Do a full scan of your system using: Microsoft Security Essentials - Free Antivirus for Windows

Afterwards: Malwarebytes : Free anti-malware download

If nothing pops up for both of those,

try: Windows Defender Offline

Code:
wdcsam64.sys Wed Apr 16 03:39:08 2008 (4805BB2C)
UltraMonUtility.sys Thu Nov 13 19:10:30 2008 (491CD006)
Drivers before 2009 are known to cause problems such as BSODs. Please update:

wdcsam64.sys
UltraMonUtility.sys - If updating don't work for this on, just un-install.

All of the dump files are blaming hardware:

Code:
WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (124)
A fatal hardware error has occurred. Parameter 1 identifies the type of error
source that reported the error. Parameter 2 holds the address of the
WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure that describes the error conditon.
Do the following tests:

Quote:
BugCheck 0x124

Warning
Before you proceed with the following, answer these two questions: Are you still under warranty? Does your warranty allow you to open up the machine to check hardware? If you are unsure of the answers to these questions, contact your system manufacturer. WARNING: The steps that follow can void your warranty!!!

For your hardware stop 0x124 crash, read through Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try and use the following hardware checks to supplement that link.
If you are overclocking any hardware, please stop.

If you have an SSD, make sure the following are up to date:SSD firmware
BIOS Version
Chipset Drivers
Hard disk controller drivers/SATA drivers
If you have a Marvell IDE ATA/ATAPI device, make sure the drivers are up to date from the Intel site or Marvell site and not from your motherboard/vendor support site.

Run all but the advanced tests with SeaTools for HDDs.SeaTools for Windows

SeaTools for DOS
Monitor temperatures during the following tests. Use the following programs to monitor the temperatures. Real Temp is a good CPU temperature monitor.
Speccy - System Information - Free Download will monitor all hardware temperatures.
HWiNFO, HWiNFO32 & HWiNFO64 - Hardware Information and Analysis Tools can be inaccurate for CPU temperatures, but is a good program for GPU temperature monitoring.
Use FurMark: VGA Stress Test, Graphics Card and GPU Stability Test, Burn-in Test, OpenGL Benchmark and GPU Temperature | oZone3D.Net to test the graphics card GPU. Let it run until the GPU temperatures even out or until the GPU temperatures reach a dangerous level (you can find the max temperature for your card on either the nVidia or AMD sites; if you are not sure, ask us). The goal is to get a steady temperature, find out if the GPU is overheating, or to see if there are any artifacts present in the test itself: look for strange pixelated patterns on the screen or colors that do not look like they belong. Then use the |MG| Video Memory Stress Test 1.7.116 Download to test your graphics card memory. Let the memory test run for at least seven passes; the more the better.

Run Hardware - Stress Test With Prime95 to determine any hardware problems. Run all three tests for a few hours each. If you get errors, stop the test and post back here.

Follow the steps for doing CPU stress test using IntelBurnTest

Run the boot version of Memtest86+ paying close attention to Parts 2 and 3 of the tutorial. Also, in case Memtest86+ misses anything and comes up with no errors, run the extended version of the Windows Memory Diagnostics Tool for at least five passes. These you may want to run overnight since they take a long time to complete (run them an hour befor... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/244068-bsod-unpredictable-while-playing-any-game.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Helping a friend of mine with tech support. The computer has been suffering from random reboots for a few days with the BSOD, log attached.

A:Unpredictable BSOD on emachine desktop

Uninstall your current antivirus as it is contributing to your BSOD's. Replace with Microsoft Security Essentials & the Free version of Malwarebytes, update and make full scans separately:Uninstallers (removal tools) for common antivirus software - ESET Knowledgebase

Microsoft Security Essentials - Microsoft Windows

Malwarebytes Free Do not start the trial version of MalwareBytes

You may also take a look at:Good & Free System Security CombinationMake scans with - TDSSKiller Rootkit Removal Utility Free Download | Kaspersky Lab US

Online Virus Scanner EsetUse the System File Checker tool and Run Disk Check: Repair Windows 7 System Files with System File Checker

Run Disk Check in Windows 7 for Bad Sectors & ErrorsMonitor hardware temperature with system monitoring software like Speccy or HWMonitor:
Piriform - Speccy

CPUID - HWMonitorUpload a screenshot using:CrystalDiskInfo For how to upload a screenshot or file, read here

Test your Hard Drive by running:Hard Drive Diagnostic ProcedureTest and Diagnose RAM Issues with Memtest86+:RAM - Test with Memtest86+ Pay close attention to part 3 of the tutorial "If you have errors"

Tip
Test the RAM with Memtest86+ for at least 7-10 passes. It may take up to 22 passes to find problems. Make sure to run it once after the system has been on for a few hours and is warm, and then also run it again when the system has been off for a few hours and is cold.

Bugcheck

Code:
Built by: 7601.18113.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.130318-1533
Debug session time: Wed Jul 17 05:13:46.989 2013 (UTC + 6:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:12:50.454
BugCheck 50, {fffff902c1da046c, 0, fffff960001078fa, 5}
Probably caused by : win32k.sys ( win32k!RGNOBJ::bMerge+42 )
Debug session time: Wed Jul 17 05:00:06.425 2013 (UTC + 6:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:01:54.891
BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff80002eaaff3, fffff88008164a20, 0}
Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MmCopyToCachedPage+223 )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x3B
PROCESS_NAME: WerFault.exe
Debug session time: Wed Jul 17 04:52:41.916 2013 (UTC + 6:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:08:44.382
BugCheck A, {fffffa8202ef5d00, 2, 1, fffff80002ee396c}
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for SYMEFA64.SYS
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for SYMEFA64.SYS
Probably caused by : SYMEFA64.SYS ( SYMEFA64+fd3da )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0xA
PROCESS_NAME: MRT.exe
Debug session time: Tue Jul 16 09:08:58.384 2013 (UTC + 6:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:15:39.881
BugCheck D1, {fffffa82054aeef8, 2, 1, fffff880043bdb3d}
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atikmdag.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmdag.sys
Probably caused by : dxgmms1.sys ( dxgmms1!VIDMM_GLOBAL::UnreferenceDmaBuffer+7d )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0xD1
Debug session time: Tue Jul 16 08:52:41.867 2013 (UTC + 6:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:06:38.333
BugCheck 1A, {5003, fffff70001080000, 1ff0, 119e009}
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+45f7d )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x1a_5003
PROCESS_NAME: mscorsvw.exe
Debug session time: Fri Jul 12 23:02:21.399 2013 (UTC + 6:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:40:59.339
BugCheck A, {fffffa8204479... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/297588-unpredictable-bsod-emachine-desktop.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Up until tonight I've managed to crash out with the BAD_POOL_HEADER message fairly infrequently, it started happening a few weeks ago and at that point it was uncommon. Now it has happened twice in one night so far so I'm out looking for some assistance. The first instance tonight was while playing Minecraft, the second instance was in the middle of playing Battlefield 4.

This is my first time posting for help on these forums so if I need to include more information please let me know.

I've run the SF Diagnostic tool and attached the resulting .zip to this post.

A:BSOD on seemingly random occasions: BAD_POOL_HEADER 0x00000019

Welcome to the forum Aurion2112,

MalwareBytes seems to be causing the problem. Please uninstall it.

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 19, {20, fffffa8017b96100, fffffa8017b96120, 4020010}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for mwac.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for mwac.sys
Probably caused by : fwpkclnt.sys ( fwpkclnt!FwpsConstructIpHeaderForTransportPacket0+20a )

---------

4: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BAD_POOL_HEADER (19)
The pool is already corrupt at the time of the current request.
This may or may not be due to the caller.
The internal pool links must be walked to figure out a possible cause of
the problem, and then special pool applied to the suspect tags or the driver
verifier to a suspect driver.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000020, a pool block header size is corrupt.
Arg2: fffffa8017b96100, The pool entry we were looking for within the page.
Arg3: fffffa8017b96120, The next pool entry.
Arg4: 0000000004020010, (reserved)

Debugging Details:
------------------
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x19_20

POOL_ADDRESS: GetPointerFromAddress: unable to read from fffff80003709100
GetUlongFromAddress: unable to read from fffff800037091c0
fffffa8017b96100 Nonpaged pool

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN7_DRIVER_FAULT

PROCESS_NAME: mbamservice.ex

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from fffff80003604cae to fffff800034da1c0

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`0e672258 fffff800`03604cae : 00000000`00000019 00000000`00000020 fffffa80`17b96100 fffffa80`17b96120 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`0e672260 fffff880`01f290bd : 00000000`00000008 00000000`0000000c 00000000`676e7049 fffffa80`1826888c : nt!ExDeferredFreePool+0x12da
fffff880`0e672310 fffff880`01db904a : 00000000`00000000 fffff880`01db50c3 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`1bc1b430 : tcpip!IppInspectBuildHeaders+0x65d
fffff880`0e6725f0 fffff880`0b460109 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000014 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`1c5cab00 : fwpkclnt!FwpsConstructIpHeaderForTransportPacket0+0x20a
fffff880`0e672690 00000000`00000000 : 00000000`00000014 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`1c5cab00 fffffa80`1c5cab14 : mwac+0x6109
STACK_COMMAND: kb

FOLLOWUP_IP:
fwpkclnt!FwpsConstructIpHeaderForTransportPacket0+20a
fffff880`01db904a 85c0 test eax,eax

SYMBOL_STACK_INDEX: 3

SYMBOL_NAME: fwpkclnt!FwpsConstructIpHeaderForTransportPacket0+20a

FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: fwpkclnt

IMAGE_NAME: fwpkclnt.sys

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 50e4f5c8

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x19_20_fwpkclnt!FwpsConstructIpHeaderForTransportPacket0+20a

BUCKET_ID: X64_0x19_20_fwpkclnt!FwpsConstructIpHeaderForTransportPacket0+20a

---------
Use Revo Uninstaller to uninstall stubborn software. Opt for Advance Mode while uninstalling which allows you to remove leftover registry:-Download Revo Uninstaller Freeware - Free and Full Download - Uninstall software, remove programs, solve uninstall problems
Perform a Clean boot:Troubleshoot Application Conflicts by Performing a Clean Startup
Reduce items at start-up. No software except anti-virus is required plus doing this improves the time for logging int... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/338826-bsod-seemingly-random-occasions-bad_pool_header-0x00000019.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Currently running a new Custom Built
Windows 7 Professional
Intel(R) Core (TM)2 Quad CPU
4.00GB
64-bit
Full Retail
Parts are 2 years old, motherboard was brought refurbished, everything else is new

I could be just running Google Chrome alone, or Windows Media Player alone and I'll experience random BSOD dumps. Happens at least once a day.

Any help?

A:BSOD on random occasions *added attachments of my problem*

There is indication that your Windows installation is bad. Please follow the Windows Genuine and Activation Issue Posting Instructions. Post the results in your next post; do not start a new thread.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/236932-bsod-random-occasions-added-attachments-my-problem.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hey everyone i'm new to this forum so please bare with me if my posting isn't up to 'par ' I have an HP G - US laptop Its almost years old i believe This laptop serves a work computer however i do use it for pleasure as well A couple of days ago i left for occasions... BSOD Error and 0x000000F4 multiple 0x0000007A on lunch and closed the lid on my lappy When i returned from lunch i opened my laptop and it started up like the laptop was turned off Once i got back into Windows i had a message pop up that i had got a Blue Screen and Windows had BSOD on multiple occasions... Error 0x0000007A and 0x000000F4 shut down At that point i started getting BSOD on multiple occasions... Error 0x0000007A and 0x000000F4 errors that some of the programs could not start properly Also my taskbar changed from Transparent to Grayish Blue color and my wifi showed disconnected Then the taskbar changed back to transparent and the wifi came back Then the did the same thing again and then wifi would not come back Had to restart a couple times to get the wifi to stay on The problem has gotten a lot worse since When i try to restart my computer i get Blue Screen sometime and when i turn it on and log into windows i also have gotten blue screen Those are the two errors posted in the title Also when restarting my laptop it will take a long time to get to login screen Once i log in the screen will stay black with just the mouse cursor for quite some time before finally going into Windows Also the same wifi issue and taskbar changing colors back and forth happen as well Once in Windows i have to wait almost minutes to finally be able to use my laptop and that's if it does make it in all the way without crashing Please help with my issue i am sorry that my first post is me asking for help but i am really desperate as this is my work computer and need it to be working good for work Here are some of my system specs Laptop Model HP G - US OS OEM Preinstalled Windows Home Premium -Bit Processor Pentium Dual-Core CPU T GHz RAM GB Here are some things i tried to fix Updated my BIOS Uninstalled Programs that were updated or installed the day i started having problems Booted Windows into Repair mode and ran test on hardware with no reported issues Tried to run CHKDSK R and CHKDSK F R however get error that either disk is write protected or it is currently in use Updated my graphics card driver Ran full system scans with Kaspersky and Norton one at a time i uninstalled kaspersky before installing norton and scanning no virus found Ran Malwarebytes and had not issues found Tried disabling some display features Disabled Windows Gadgets The dmp files and system diagnostics report zip file is attached Thanks in advance

A:BSOD on multiple occasions... Error 0x0000007A and 0x000000F4

Hello, welcome to SevenForums!

Many different errors, nothing really as far as processes go to lead on. Two things I'd like you two do:

1. Memtest. Read the following to learn how to download and run memtest to test your memory for errors.

2. If Memtest comes back clean, it's most likely software / driver related. Hopefully we can further diagnose it if it comes to that by enabling Driver Verifier.

LOTS of drivers in need of update:

Quote:
iirsp.sys - iirsp Tue Dec 13 16:47:54 2005 (Intel Raid StorPort Driver). Update here.

nfrd960.sys - nfrd960 Tue Jun 06 17:11:48 2006 (IBM ServeRAID Controller Driver). Update here.

mdmxsdk.sys - mdmxsdk Mon Jun 19 17:27:26 2006 (Conexant Modem Diagnostic Interface x86 Driver). Update here.

adpu320.sys - adpu320 Tue Feb 27 19:04:15 2007 (Adaptec .NET Ultra320 Driver). Update here.

adpahci.sys - adpahci Tue May 01 13:30:09 2007 (Adaptec Windows SATA Storport Driver). Update here.

arc.sys - arc Thu May 24 17:27:55 2007 (Adaptec RAID Storport Driver). Update here.

SiSRaid2.sys - SiSRaid2 Wed Sep 24 14:28:20 2008 (SiS RAID Stor Miniport Driver). Update here.

sisraid4.sys - sisraid4 Wed Oct 01 17:56:04 2008 (SiS AHCI Stor-Miniport Driver). Update here.

adp94xx.sys - adp94xx Fri Dec 05 18:54:42 2008 (Adaptec HostRAID SAS Driver). Update here.

lsi_fc.sys - lsi_fc Tue Dec 09 17:46:09 2008 (LSI Logic Fusion-MPT FC Driver (StorPort). Update here.

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR (7a)
The requested page of kernel data could not be read in. Typically caused by
a bad block in the paging file or disk controller error. Also see
KERNEL_STACK_INPAGE_ERROR.
If the error status is 0xC000000E, 0xC000009C, 0xC000009D or 0xC0000185,
it means the disk subsystem has experienced a failure.
If the error status is 0xC000009A, then it means the request failed because
a filesystem failed to make forward progress.
Arguments:
Arg1: fffff6fc40028f70, lock type that was held (value 1,2,3, or PTE address)
Arg2: ffffffffc0000185, error status (normally i/o status code)
Arg3: 000000008727ebe0, current process (virtual address for lock type 3, or PTE)
Arg4: fffff880051ee000, virtual address that could not be in-paged (or PTE contents if arg1 is a PTE address)

Debugging Details:
------------------
ERROR_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000185 - The I/O device reported an I/O error.

DISK_HARDWARE_ERROR: There was error with disk hardware

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x7a_c0000185

PROCESS_NAME: System

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from fffff80002ef8b52 to fffff80002e87c40

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`03d1d848 fffff800`02ef8b52 : 00000000`0000007a fffff6fc`40028f70 ffffffff`c0000185 00000000`8727ebe0 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`03d1d850 fffff800`02eaf6cf : fffffa80`05a20b40 fffff880`03d1d980 fffff800`030bd500 fffff800`02e97e96 : nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+0x37bba
fffff880`03d1d930 fffff800`02e95f59 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000001 ffffffff`ffffffff fffff800`02ea74d3 : nt!MiIssueHardFault+0x28b
fffff880`03d1d9c0 fffff800`02ebc470 : 00000000`00000001 fffff880`051ee000 fffffa80`0634ba00 fffff6fc`40028f48 : nt!MmAccessFault+0x1399
fffff880`03d1db20 fffff800`02ebc660 : fffffa80`031d4b60 00000000`00000001 fffffa80`00000000 fffff800`02eb9493 : nt!MiInPageSingleKernelStack+0x134
fffff880`03d1dc30 fffff800`02ebc5ef : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000001 fffffa80`02391b30 00000000`00000080 : nt!MmInPageKernelStack+0x40
fffff880`03d1dc90 fffff800`02ebc334 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`02391b00 fffffa80`02391b00 : nt!KiInSwapKe... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/216212-bsod-multiple-occasions-error-0x0000007a-0x000000f4.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Dear SevenForums I am quite idealess how to further analyze my notebook's problem Here are the specs - newly bought notebook middle of december - Acer Aspire G - comes with pre installed Windows Home Premium x modded by Acer - these errors are present on startup (Acer occasions BSOD and 5755G) random from the first day of use of notebook The tests what i performed - suspecting the WD hard drive wdc wd bpvt- hxzt WD Scorpio Blue i analyzed it with Victoria Hiren's Boot Took more than hours GB hdd i had error I searched the net but only found russian sites where BSOD on startup and random occasions (Acer 5755G) i used google translate and found out that error of this kind should not cause problems Warning Block start at ms - suspecting the RAM i analyzed it with MemTest Took one hour but completed BSOD on startup and random occasions (Acer 5755G) all test with no errors About the Operating System timeline I used the deafult system with several bloatware pre installed demo antivir acer stuff needless things for about weeks Of course uninstalled those bloatware THERE WASN'T A SINGLE DAY WITHOUT BSOD'S or random system slowdowns Then i thought maybe the problem was that i uninstalled some necessary files did not run registry clean or maybe McAffee pre installed antivir left some dll-s or something Alright i downloaded a Windows Home Premium x from MSDN burned it to DVD and installed with the serial key provided with the notebook I ran windows update so every driver and the Windows itself was up to date Then after the first power off at night and start next day the boot problems started again You see ALMOST every start usually cold start cause rebooting times before the login screen appears I used this OS for one week Among my friends there are much smarter people regarding OS-es or PCs than me so i thought i take their suggestion and download an Enterprise edition I want to state it now i want to use my notebook with the provided original OS this is just for test Couple of days ago i installed this Windows Enterprise SP on my notebook days ago to be more precise On the second day i booted my notebook in the morning and got BSOD's on boot One on the first boot one on the second boot after restart On third time i could finally log in Two days passed and here i am About my OS usage - not big gamer - use just a few software - use this notebook for work with CAD software that is why i choose an i platform - use free software for other needs Gimp Irfanview Notepad etc - not using IE using Firefox - not surfing the net without any sense not visiting warez or other quot dangerous quot sites - never had a single virus probably thanks to the carefulness yes i used a couple antivirus programs such as Avast Kaspersky My NOD license expired couple of months ago on my desktop pc never had a virus This laptop was never on public wifi because thanks to theese problems i can't rely on it i'm not bring it with me so i can't use it for what i bought it So i wasted for a piece of paperweight yes i know there's a warranty for this product But the thing is if i give it to them how can i proof it that there is a hardware problem with it I send them the notebook then i do not know wether thy try to service it or just send it back to me stating it repaired and it is my fault to have theese errors i am an incompetent and careless user i deserve it I don t think that this fits on me Right now when i made the system report there is no antivirus on my system i turned off win update updated fully yesterday but turned off the automatic update ----------------------------------------------- ----------------------------------------------- System report as in the tutorial - i am from Hungary so i ran the BSOD Dump amp System File Collection app EXE file with hungarian MUI But for the system report i changed it back for english - i made a video of system booting with my original Home Premium turned off halt on BSOD i forgot to reset it to halt that is why it reboots... Read more

A:BSOD on startup and random occasions (Acer 5755G)

Before I really read into this, I would just take it back to the store you brought it from. I don't think you need to prove anything. JUst tell them that since the day you got the laptop it has been crashing and causing problems.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/209332-bsod-startup-random-occasions-acer-5755g.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi,

I have been suffering from random and unpredictable 0x44 BSODs for a few weeks now and I'm finally stuck. I cannot trigger the crashes and there's no obvious pattern to when they occur - sometimes while the PC is idle and sometimes when it's in use.
I have made no significant changes to my computer that I'm aware of, certainly no hardware upgrades or changes. The most recent was a new mouse but that happened over a month before the issues began.

I have run dskchk, memory diagnostics, updated every driver I could and clean installed the nvidia display driver without luck.

I had a cursory glance at the memory dump myself and it's just a system driver being implicated each time and I can't read into it any more than that. Any hints or solutions would be greatly appreciated.

A:BSOD: Unpredictable Multiple IRP Complete Requests

Hi Jpross.

Stop 0x44 BSODs are complicated. Often it is caused by two different drivers. But we are able to find one. Let us fix it first and see how the situation goes.

Update the network driver from Realtek .... get the first one from the list: Win7 and WinServer 2008 R2 Driver. Install it by following Driver Install - Device Manager.

Let us know the results. Will decide our next course of actions depending on the situation.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/322089-bsod-unpredictable-multiple-irp-complete-requests.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hello tenforums users! I've been getting a lot of random BSODs since last week but I couldn't tell what was the issue. I've read about the error on the Internet and from what I understand from those, Machine Check Exception will occur to drivers issue, hardware issues (CPU or RAM). I've checked the RAM sticks in my PC (booting with only 1 stick and switching slots every time BSOD happens), changing the thermal compound in case of bad conduction, but still no luck. I've also reformatted the Windows partition and the BSOD occurred not long after it booted up. Windows ran fine in Safe Mode for about an hour. Any help would be appreciated! This is my first time using tenforums so I will try my best to follow the rules of posting. Cheers. DESKTOP-VUK87C3-Mon_10_10_2016_223559_98.zip

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/66541-unpredictable-bsod-machine-check-exception.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode BCP FFFFFA D E BCP FFFFFA BC BA BCP BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the by followed Display unpredictable quickly BSoD, garbles problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users User AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml Read our privacy statement online Windows Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows If the online privacy statement is not available please read our privacy statement offline C Windows system Display garbles followed quickly by BSoD, unpredictable en-US erofflps txt Possibly Helpful Notes - Preceding the BSoD any sound that was playing will loop for about half a second - Ran an AVG virus scan Display garbles followed quickly by BSoD, unpredictable and found nothing wrong - It tends to happen only upon bootup or shortly thereafter but it is very unpredictable Generally if the computer boots smoothly it can run for hours without Display garbles followed quickly by BSoD, unpredictable BSoD - I would describe the garbled display as every pixel shifted a random amount to the right left with a few pixels scattered everywhere as well Don't know if this will help Sorry if I missed something

A:Display garbles followed quickly by BSoD, unpredictable

Hello OrangeTheNeko.
► Install Service pack 1.

Code:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7600 MP (4 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS Personal
Built by: 7600.17118.amd64fre.win7_gdr.120830-0334
Learn how to install Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1)
Service Pack Center - Microsoft Windows

Your crash dumps are not showing any finite probable cause. In such a situation, it is better to enable Driver Verifier to monitor the drivers.

Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable
Run Driver Verifier for 24 hours or the occurrence of the next crash, whichever is earlier.

Let us know the results, with the subsequent crash dumps, if any.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/265743-display-garbles-followed-quickly-bsod-unpredictable.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hey guys, I'm new here, but I need some assistance..
Just last week, I built this computer to play newer games. However, sometimes when I'm playing games such as Shank, I'll receive a random BSOD error (see title). I took the steps needed to report to you guys the errors, and they're attached to this thread. I updated this Bios to 1.20 (from 1.0), and I also ran windows update for the latest drivers. Appreciate any help I can get on this one!

System Specs:
AsRock 880GM-LE FX running 1.20
Ripshark 8gb RAM (1333Mhz)
Corsair 300W PSU
AMD Phenom II X4 3.4Ghz
Windows 7 Ultimate x64 (Full Retail)
Just recently installed windows (2 days ago), after building the computer about a 5 days ago.

A:BSOD playing Shank... on multiple occasions; error 0x0D1

These crashes were caused by memory corruption/exception (Cx05) probably a driver.
Please run these two tests to verify your memory and find which driver is causing the problem.

* If you are overclocking anything reset to default before running these tests.
In other words STOP!!!

* If you have a Raid update its Driver.

Memtest.

Quote:
*Download a copy of Memtest86 and burn the ISO to a CD using Iso Recorder or another ISO burning program. Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

*Boot from the CD, and leave it running for at least 5-7 passes.

Just remember, any time Memtest reports errors, it can be either bad RAM or a bad motherboard slot.

Test the sticks individually, and if you find a good one, test it in all slots.

Any errors are indicative of a memory problem.

If a known good stick fails in a motherboard slot it is probably the slot.

RAM - Test with Memtest86+

Driver Verifier

Quote:
Using Driver Verifier is an iffy proposition.
Most times it'll crash and it'll tell you what the driver is.
But sometimes it'll crash and won't tell you the driver.
Other times it'll crash before you can log in to Windows.
If you can't get to Safe Mode, then you'll have to resort to offline editing of the registry to disable Driver Verifier.

I'd suggest that you first backup your stuff and then make sure you've got access to another computer so you can contact us if problems arise.
Then make a System Restore point (so you can restore the system using the Vista/Win7 Startup Repair feature).

In Windows 7 you can make a Startup Repair disk by going to Start....All Programs...Maintenance...Create a System Repair Disc - with Windows Vista you'll have to use your installation disk or the "Repair your computer" option at the top of the Safe Mode menu .

Then, here's the procedure:
- Go to Start and type in "verifier" (without the quotes) and press Enter
- Select "Create custom settings (for code developers)" and click "Next"
- Select "Select individual settings from a full list" and click "Next"
- Select everything EXCEPT FOR "Low Resource Simulation"IRP Logging and Force Pending I/O Requests. and click "Next"
NOTE: You can use Low Resource Simulation if you'd like.
From my limited experimentation it makes the BSOD's come faster.
- Select "Select driver names from a list" and click "Next"
Then select all drivers NOT provided by Microsoft and click "Next"
- Select "Finish" on the next page.

If you are using win 8 add these
- Concurrency Stress Test
- DDI compliance checking

Reboot the system and wait for it to crash to the Blue Screen.
Continue to use your system normally, and if you know what causes the crash, do that repeatedly.
The objective here is to get the system to crash because Driver Verifier is stressing the drivers out.
If it doesn't crash for you, then let it run for at least 36 hours of continuous operation.
Reboot into Windows (after the crash) and turn off Driver Verifier by going back in and selecting "Delete existing settings" on the first page, then locate and zip up the memory dump file and upload it with your next post.
If you can't get into Windows because it crashes too soon, try it in Safe Mode.
If you can't get into Safe Mode, try using System Restore from your installation DVD to set the system back to the previous restore point that you created.

Thanks to JCGriff2 & Usasma.

Sysnative Forums

Driver Reference Table (DRT)

Using Driver Verifier to identify issues with Windows drivers for advanced users

Driver Verifier

Using Driver Verifier (Windows Drivers)

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/232166-bsod-playing-shank-multiple-occasions-error-0x0d1.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Greetings I tend to get a BSOD when working in visual studio often when doing something requiring heavy processing but occasionally simple things BSOD - Critical dell 15 Unpredictable process xps died The BSOD simply says CRITICAL PROCESS DIED In googling it seems that might be a driver error I tried running the verifydriver following the directions of a windows post I found which caused the computer to bluescreen before loading windows every time with a driver error that did not specify a specific driver that caused the problem I'm hoping that will be somewhere in the minidump that should be within the attachment created by following the posting directions I was not able to figure out from the minidump what driver might specifically be the problem if I'm even barking up the Unpredictable BSOD Critical process died - dell xps 15 right tree about a driver issue in the first place There doesn't appear to be any minidump from the critical process errors unfortunately I've tried to do all I could on my own by searching for processes and answers before posting here Thanks for the help

A:Unpredictable BSOD Critical process died - dell xps 15

The dumpfile blames

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *
BugCheck C4, {2000, fffff8017053801c, 0, 306c4c44}
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for dlkmd.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for dlkmd.sys
Probably caused by : dlkmd.sys ( dlkmd+5801c )

Driver Description: WDDM KMD Loader - DisplayLink Core Software
Driver Update Site: USB to video download: http://www.displaylink.com/support/downloads.php
Other portions of the software must be downloaded from the OEM

download latest windows 10 driver http://www.displaylink.com/downloads/windows

If this does not stop the BSOD, look at the supportpage from Dell for additional drivers ?

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/41322-unpredictable-bsod-critical-process-died-dell-xps-15-a.html
Relevancy 56.76%

I have an Envy Notebook purchased in May that shipped from HP with Windows and two hard drives Device ... Process "Boot BSOD Unpredictable Died" "Critical and - a SSD C drive with the OS and a standard hard drive for data Current OS is Windows Home V OS Build nbsp The system worked perfectly until last month when windows automatically attempted to update to the Anniversary Update That update failed and ever since the computer has been stuck in the following sequence nbsp - Works perfectly for a period including utilizing material on the data hard drive The length of this period has generally increased after the sets of Windows updates released at the end of August and this past week - at present it can sometimes run for a full day before encountering any error - Without obvious cause desktop background goes black and the OS begins crashing Start menu can be opened once but nothing can be selected taskbar does not work shortcuts do not work internet connection shuts off Ctrl Alt Delete Escape do not work produce error messages running programs remain on screen and responsive for a brief period various errors messages for background programs Onedrive etc appear - Eventually a BSOD usually appears if not the machine is simply frozen and I have to hard reset The only BSOD that has appeared is Critical Process Died The collecting information counter never progresses past zero and the computer attempts to restart nbsp - On the computers own attempt to restart a black screen boot device not found please install an operating system message appears nbsp - After a hard reset via the power button the computer will start again normally and begin the sequence again nbsp My problem seems potentially similar to Microsoft's acknowledged issue re dual drive set ups and the anniversary update http answers microsoft com en-us windows forum windows -performance windows- -may-freeze-after- except that my machine has never successfuly installed the anniversary update Windows update on the machine currently makes no attempt to install the anniversary update nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Unpredictable-BSOD-quot-Critical-Process-Died-quot-and-quot/td-p/5771973
Relevancy 56.76%

Hello I am for some time now experiencing a weird kind of BSOD sometimes without freezes, Desktop sound BSOD loop. in unpredictable intervals, actual BlueScreen but windows still tells me it was indeed a BlueScreen after the ReBoot It happens in all kinds of Situations While i play a game that taxes my PC to the limit while watching Videos listening to music or while completely Idle The sound loop which appears to be the last sound played before the error occurs lasts about seconds before the PC reboots automatically Usually i reset it before that because the sound is very annoying When the PC is Idle while it BSOD in unpredictable intervals, Desktop freezes, sound loop. crashes there is no sound at all obviously I have switched several pieces of Hardware in the last few Months CPU GPU Motherboard but that didn't seem to affect the Issue at all I tried finding help with this issue before but from what i could find which wasn't very much since i had almost nothing to go on i assumed it was a GPU driver issue and there was nothing i could do about it Now it's getting really annoying since it's completely random Sometimes i use my PC for a week without crash and the next day it crashes times in one hour There seems to be no real pattern None that i can recognize anyway I use the following Hardware in my PC AMD FX Ghz GB Dual-Channel DDR MHz - - - Gigabyte GA- LMT-USB Socket M MB ATI AMD Radeon HD Series Sapphire PCPartner GB Samsung SSD EVO GB ATA Device SSD GB Seagate ST DM - ER ATA Device SATA Also i attached the File created with the tool mentioned in the How-To Post in this Forum The Event Viewer shows some Critical errors but they all seem to be a response to the unexpected shut down due to the crash and not the reason for the Crash in itself Quote from the Error description quot The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first This error could be caused if the system stopped responding crashed or lost power unexpectedly quot I'd really appreciate any help with this issue Edit I forgot to mention that i am using SP and have all the updates installed that are avaiable via the Windows Updater I also have the driver verifier enabled right now and i will run memtest tommorrow since i currently don't have a free USB stick or empty CDs lying around

A:BSOD in unpredictable intervals, Desktop freezes, sound loop.

So, about 20 minutes after i enabled the Driver Verifier my System froze again. This time without any sound and a different screen. It looked like a partially restored image from a formatted drive where nothing remains of the original image. It's difficult to describe.

The Event log doesn't show anything that seems related, but that could very well be because i have no idea what to look for. Is there anything i can do to add something that could help someone else see the problem?

Edit: Ran the data collection tool again after the "new" verifier provoked crash. Added the zip file as attachment.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/362197-bsod-unpredictable-intervals-desktop-freezes-sound-loop.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Hey all I put together my first computer a few weeks ago from parts I'd bought and things seemed to be going well until I incl: atikmdag, Unpredictable disappearing ntoskrnl and dumps BSOD, started experiencing multiple BSODs Having triple checked everything is all put Unpredictable BSOD, incl: atikmdag, ntoskrnl and disappearing dumps together right in the case and updated to the latest drivers via the manufacturers sites no beta firmwares mind just the stable stuff I'm at a bit of a loss of what to do I've also run memtest and Prime and passed both with seemingly flying colours I've tried numerous fresh installs including using other versions of windows to no avail A possible anomaly I've experienced quite a bit is that often after a restart I've noticed the files in my minidump folder often get deleted and replaced with a new culprit that said sometimes they stay there and I accrue a mass of them The common errors I see listed include ones pertaining to atikmdag I've tried clearing my drive of everything to do with ATI AMD using Driver Sweeper and reinstalling and ntoskrnl As of this post Windows Update says I'm up to date I'm hoping the experienced minds here can spot something obvious as I'm rather happy with my setup I just want it to be more stable My system particulars are listed in my profile and the necessary attachments can be grabbed below thanks in advance for taking time out of your day PS please note that at the time of running the tests I had security programs disabled but ordinarily I run MSE and Malwarebytes

A:Unpredictable BSOD, incl: atikmdag, ntoskrnl and disappearing dumps

You don't have all the necessary files attached. Please run the BSOD Dump & System File Collection app from the below link and upload the .rar file.
http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html

The dumps may be disappearing due to CCleaner. Make sure the option to sweep dumps is unchecked.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/241213-unpredictable-bsod-incl-atikmdag-ntoskrnl-disappearing-dumps.html
Relevancy 55.9%

For some time now I've been getting BSODs. Usually this occurs when I'm gaming (League of Legends, Dark Souls II) but sometimes it has happened on start-up after a BSOD or just randomly. No single event seems to trigger these but again it happens more often when gaming. I do not remember all of the error codes given. I recently updated my video card driver in response to this happening which didn't seem to change anything.

Edit: Also, upon restarting my computer, my internet will not connect unless I unplug my wireless adapter and plug it back in. Not sure if relevant, thought I'd share anyhow.

A:BSOD at unpredictable times, errors 0x50, 0x7e, 0x1e, 0x3d and more

Welcome to the forum.

Do you still need help with this?

If yes, please upload an updated zip following the BSOD posting instructions again

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/333509-bsod-unpredictable-times-errors-0x50-0x7e-0x1e-0x3d-more.html
Relevancy 55.9%

I'm an engineering student and usually can sort BSOD, audio Unpredictable strange speed delay problem, crawling and these problems out for myself but this one has had me stumped for going on days now so it's time to reach out and get some help Problems started days ago I had been having some issues with my comp recognizing changes in connection status to an arduino device I was playing with and not updating the connection status After fiddling with trying to uninstall and reinstall the arduino drivers I noticed that device manager would just spin its wheels and hang The rest of the computer would keep functioning but device manager would lock up Strange Then started getting BSODs Went through my standard troubleshooting procedure discovered I'd gotten a virus through some Autocad tutorial videos I'd downloaded Stupid me Scrubbed and scrubbed and scrubbed and am pretty optimistic that my system is clean now Ran disc check and everything came back fine Have run Unpredictable BSOD, strange audio delay problem, and crawling speed no shortage of utilities to clean up my registry and hopefully remove errors there Still no luck Attached are my most recent dumps I've had many more than this but it looks like those older than the th got wiped by one of the cleaner scrubber utilities I used Alongside these BSOD's I get at unpredictable times my comp is just crawling I also have a strange problem where when opening any video file there's a - second delay before the audio kicks in When it does kick in it's in sync and the video plays fine whether it's a file or internet clip and if I rewind to the start the audio starts fine Basically on first load there's a delay System specs OS Win Professional x CPU Intel Core i - K GHz MB ASUS P Z -V Pro GEN Z Ram GB DDR I think a mismatch G-Skill and Corsair Graphics MSI Geforce GTX Ti Twin Frozr II Network Belkin F D version USB Wireless Adapter Any help would be greatly appreciated Most of the problems seem to have been with the ntoskrnl exe or the iqvw e sys but this last BSOD was caused by Asushwio sys which suggests something's up with my MB That has me worried Thanks in advance for the help Looking forward to seeing with you all can come up with

A:Unpredictable BSOD, strange audio delay problem, and crawling speed

It is caused by ASUS driver.

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck C4, {f6, e0, fffffa800dd74b30, fffff8800c7f3598}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for Asushwio.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for Asushwio.sys
Probably caused by : Asushwio.sys ( Asushwio+1598 )

---------
It is very old.

Code:
lmvm Asushwio
start end module name
fffff880`0c7f2000 fffff880`0c7f7000 Asushwio T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: Asushwio.sys
Image path: \??\D:\Bin\64bit\Asushwio.sys
Image name: Asushwio.sys
Timestamp: Fri Dec 28 12:54:47 2007 (4774A4BF)
CheckSum: 00011EDD
ImageSize: 00005000
Try to update it.
How old the system is? I am failing to gate the motherboard info from the data you uploaded.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/265511-unpredictable-bsod-strange-audio-delay-problem-crawling-speed.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi there I am having problems with my HP Pavilion dv us Notebook PC which is driving me crazy The laptop is approximately one year old and has no modifications to the original setup The problem is that I am getting a blue screen forced shutdown that seems to happen very unpredictably It seems to with BSOD 64 Pavilion Vista Unpredictable PC Notebook shutdown HP on dv9830us forced be happening on average once a day and I don't know where to start to trouble shoot the problem I have verified that Unpredictable BSOD forced shutdown with Vista 64 on HP Pavilion dv9830us Notebook PC all of the drivers and supporting software which includes the BIOS are all the latest versions All the Windows Updates are also fully up to date I have not been able to capture the messages that are generated too clearly from the BSOD other than quot MEMORY CONFLICTS quot and IRQN or something like that I did Google Unpredictable BSOD forced shutdown with Vista 64 on HP Pavilion dv9830us Notebook PC the problem but couldn't really find any good threads on this There is a dialog that appears after Vista restarts that says Unpredictable BSOD forced shutdown with Vista 64 on HP Pavilion dv9830us Notebook PC Microsoft will let me know when a solution to this problem is available Any help would be very much appreciated Mark

A:Unpredictable BSOD forced shutdown with Vista 64 on HP Pavilion dv9830us Notebook PC

hi and welcome to TSF do this http://pcsupport.about.com/od/window...startvista.htm you will then be able to see the error message and code or do this http://www.computerperformance.co.uk...ent_viewer.htm and find some more info which you can copy and paste to notepad or word put it in a folder zip it and attach to your next post using the tools on your posting page someone can then look at it and try to help. one other thing you can try is running memtest86+ http://www.memtest.org/ dl and burn to disc use imgburn to do this put it in your drive restart your comp and run it for as long as possible but a minimum of 4hours and post the results

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/unpredictable-bsod-forced-shutdown-with-vista-64-on-hp-pavilion-dv9830us-notebook-pc-377448.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Windows Enterprise bit Clean installation to windows from Windows XP professional Hardware months old OS installed weeks ago I am currently facing the lovely BSOD error The computer was recently upgraded from windows XP to idle BSOD - while (Unpredictable) Crashes idle/not computer Windows BSOD - Crashes while computer idle/not idle (Unpredictable) enterprise bit this was a fresh installation from XP The computer originally came with pre installed with Windows installed but was downgraded to XP to meet company IT requirements We have now been given the go ahead to trial windows However after installation we are now facing issues of very random BSOD moments Sometimes while using access or excel At other times the computer could be totally idle I would like to mention BSOD - Crashes while computer idle/not idle (Unpredictable) that our IT team upgraded the RAM in the computer from gb to gb prior to the Windows installation I do have a feeling that there is an issue with the memory which is causing this issue I have attached my BSOD zip pack and would be very appreciative if one of the guru's could assist me on the matter Thanks Wrigh uk

A:BSOD - Crashes while computer idle/not idle (Unpredictable)

perfmon /report shows that these critical chipset drivers aren't installed:

Quote:
Symptom:[IMG]res://wdc.dll/error.gif[/IMG]
Device drivers are not installed.Cause:A driver has not been installed for this device preventing it from working properly.Details:The device driver for PCI Simple Communications Controller has not been installed. This device will not be available until the correct device driver is installed.Resolution:1. Try installing the drivers using Windows Update.
2. Install the drivers that are on the installation media that came with the device.
3. Check with the manufacturer for an updated driver.Related:Explanation of Error Codes Generated by Device Manager

Symptom:[IMG]res://wdc.dll/error.gif[/IMG]
Device drivers are not installed.Cause:A driver has not been installed for this device preventing it from working properly.Details:The device driver for PCI Serial Port has not been installed. This device will not be available until the correct device driver is installed.Resolution:1. Try installing the drivers using Windows Update.
2. Install the drivers that are on the installation media that came with the device.
3. Check with the manufacturer for an updated driver.Related:Explanation of Error Codes Generated by Device Manager

If needed the PnP ID's for these devices are:
Win32_PnPEntity.DeviceID="PCI\\VEN_8086&DEV_3B64&SUBSYS_304B103C&REV_06\\3&21436425&0&B0"
Win32_PnPEntity.DeviceID="PCI\\VEN_8086&DEV_3B67&SUBSYS_304B103C&REV_06\\3&21436425&0&B3"

Only 35 updates since SP1 - most systems have 75 to 80 (or more). Please visit Windows Update and get ALL available updates.

Android Phone USB device may not be working properly. Please uninstall it to see if that helps. Leave it uninstalled until the system is stable again.

There's a fair presence of Symantec in your memory dumps. I'd suggest testing to see if that's the problem. To do that, please try this:
- download a free antivirus for testing purposes: Free AntiVirus
- uninstall Symantec Endpoint Protection
- install the free antivirus and immediately update it
- monitor for further BSOD's

It looks like there's a USB Video device, but we don't have a record of the drivers for it in the DRT (Driver Reference Table located here: Driver Reference Table (DRT) ) I'll have to look them up (and add them to the table) in order to see what device it actually belongs to (I think it's from Magic Control).

Meanwhile I'd check to see if the device that you're using is here: USB Display Adapter-Magic Control Technology Corp.
http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...edictable.html
If so, uninstall the current drivers for it on the system and then download a fresh copy from that website and install them. Ensure that the driver is Win7 compatible BEFORE installing it!!!

If all of this doesn't fix the problem, then we have to start looking at hardware issues. Please try the free diagnostics here: http://www.carrona.org/hwdiag.html

The following info is just FYI, I've already addressed the issues that I saw in the above paragraphs

- Further info on BSOD error messages available at: http://www.carrona.org/bsodindx.html
- Info on how to troubleshoot BSOD's (DRAFT): http://www.carrona.org/userbsod.html
- How I do it: http://www.carrona.org/howidoit.html

3RD PARTY DRIVERS PRESENT IN THE DUMP FILES
Code:

amdxata.sys Fri Mar 19 12:18:18 2010 (4BA3A3CA)
xVgaMini64.sys Wed Jun 23 03:23:16 2010 (4C21B664)
mctkmdldr64.sys Fri Apr 08 04:35:33 2011 (4D9EC8D5)
SRTSP64.SYS Fri Mar 04 15:39:16 2011 (4D714DF4)
SYMEVENT64x86.SYS Thu Mar 24 19:02:36 2011 (4D8BCD8C)
ENG64.SYS Wed Apr 25 05:29:25 2012 (4F97C3F5)
SRTSPX64.SYS Fri Mar 04 15:39:38 2011 (4D714E0A)
wpsdrvnt.sys Thu Apr 28 01:55:04 2011 (4DB90138)
EX64.SYS Wed Apr 25 05:27:28 2012 (4F97C380)
Teefer3.sys ... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/231073-bsod-crashes-while-computer-idle-not-idle-unpredictable.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Recently, after installing an extra 8GB of ram (I made sure it was the same freq and CAS timings before I got it) and a new SSD to use for boot/system files, I've been getting random BSODs (the latest was "PFN_LIST_CORRUPT", unsure about the earlier ones). I first ran memtest86+ fully twice, and it reported no errors, so I set my old HDD back to the boot drive and disabled the SSD via device manager, but the BSODs still happen. Not sure where to go from here.

Full system info in the system specs profile page thing, if they're not in either of the reports.

A:Unpredictable BSOD, "PFN_LIST_CORRUPT"

posted my problem 30 minutes ago
after getting the same bsod 6 times in a row just before windows started up
i removed one ram stick and tested
found a possible faulty ram (brand new) and removed it
windows is now able to load
will stress the RAM if i get another blue screen

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/196751-unpredictable-bsod-pfn_list_corrupt.html
Relevancy 49.02%

My wife has a lot of pictures and is looking for a program that can put them in an album, lighten or darken, write under the photo as to persons name. I was told not to use iTunes with Windows 10. I have a lot of songs does anyone know of a good music software that campares to iTunes for windows Thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Photo-Software-amp-Music-Software/td-p/5587538
Relevancy 46.87%

I was wondering what the best programs/software is available that will allow me to do my own music mixes using fading/crossfading..blank intro spaces..Mostly from mp3's off my computer and some from cd's. ACID PRO 4.0 seems to be pretty cool program..but i'm looking more along the simplistic side of things...any or all info is appreciated..thanks in advance

A:Music Software

Hi cage72, here's something that I use....don't know if it's what your looking for:

http://download.com.com/3000-2170-10107438.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/music-software.108903/
Relevancy 46.87%

hi all as posted in hardware i fixed my sound card

now im lookin for sumthing to enhance my sound ( yes i know im a pain lol_
any of u got any ideas or suggestions?
thanks
nessa

A:music software?

Nessa, the best audio enhancement software that I've ever used is DFX. It works great for all sorts of audio files (mp3, wav, etc.). Check it out at the link below. Cheers.

Get DFX here

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/music-software.174331/
Relevancy 46.87%

Can anyone recommend free software I can download to prepare music to burn a CD?

Relevancy 46.87%

hello what is the best music software out there i have so much music on my hard drives witch are gb and both of them are full now windows media player i have xp pro cant orgenize them music software all proparly my music is all music software over the place and if i wont to play spacific song i have to look for it on my own windows and having so much music files it is imposable for me Now i have seen a DJ s in a club with a computer and when people are reqesting music DJ finds the spacific song right away do you know what type of software DJ s might be using and if i wont to rename my music i cant go to all of them by and right click to rename all of them it will take me forever ps my media player frezes all the time because of so much music files is there a program for people like me out there thank you for your hellp nbsp

Relevancy 46.87%

Hi

i run Windows XP and im considering moving to w8.
but, i run a lot of music programmes, and i doubt whether they will "survive" the move.
cubase 5
IK amplitube 2
IK Miroslav Philharmonik
FL Studio 9
Absynth 5
Edirol
Waves plugins
moog plugins
different Korg plugins
etc

anyone knows ?

sandro

A:music software

shows here you should be okay:

Windows 8 Compatibility for Steinberg Cubase version 5 from Steinberg Media Technologies

as far as Cubase goes, your plugins should work as well. I had no trouble with Sonar or any of my VST's. I have amplitube and it ran as well. I did have to reinstall Sonar because some of the settings didn't carry over and it was easier to start fresh. I of course can't guarantee anything.

You could make an image of your XP system, run the upgrade and see what it does though..

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/23354-music-software.html
Relevancy 46.87%

What is the better applications available to write, edit and transpose music?

Relevancy 46.87%

Hi Gang, Hope everyone had a great new year......

Not sure if this is the right place for this message but here it goes anyway.

I make my own audio CD's via my decks, as a hobby i DJ house music at home. Basically whilst mixing a set i copy this via my CDR, then play this back to myself whils in the car etc....

A thing that bugs me sometimes is that when i play it back some of the mixing is louder than the previous tracks.... i hear there is sofware on the market which basically evens out the output audio the the CD plays at the same output throughout.....

Can anyone give me any names of software that can do this task for me.....??

Many Thanks

Mark

Relevancy 46.44%

I have just converted my album collection to my hdd, literally THOUSANDS of cds are now digital...
I need to know if there is any decent software out there that can help me catalog, organize and print a list of my collection. Is there anything like that out there?

A:music database software

A very good freeware music manager is MediaMonkey.

It's a good idea to have a standard naming convention for the files and folders. I keep all the tracks for an artist in an Artist folder and inside that is a folder for each album. The filename I use is Artist - Track Number - Title. Other people don't like all those folders so they use the filename Artist - Album - Track Number - Title and put them all in one folder.

Since I have a large collection I also group artists by genre, so I have Classic Rock - American, Classic Rock - English, Jazz, Blues, Hard Rock-Alternative, Pop, etc. But everybody has a different way of organizing their music, it's whatever makes the most sense to you.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/music-database-software.771109/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi - I purchased Cool Edit 2000 years ago, My daughter and I have been using it to edit ice skating programs, but i'd like to update to somthing more compatible with W7. Current version does not always run stable. Like and used to the feel of CE. I see Adobe owns it now, and their new product (Audition) is like $300+ range. Do you know if there is an upgrade option for CE that is more reasonable. OR - Has anyone used something similar that is a little more reasonable. I dont mind going about $100. Would like to maybe try a free version to test out first. Thanks for your input.

A:Looking for Music Editing Software

When you installed it did you specify XP Compatibility mode? Also sometimes if you right click on the program shortcut and select one of the XP choices in the Compatibility Tab it will work better. I was surprised my trusty rusty old XP scanner worked on W7 when I installed the software using XP compatibility mode. No more booting to XP just to do a scan.

=============================

Welcome to Windows Seven Forums.

To avoid a lot of Q & A about your hardware and OS configuration, please click on this link to
Edit System Specs

Filling this out, at least partially, will save a lot of time. Another advantage is when posting a new problem, the person answering can just click the My System Specs link in the bottom of your post. No need to search for the information.

If you have multiple systems just indicate that in the System Specs so that we know why many of the fields are blank.

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/269100-looking-music-editing-software.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi all,a good free music download:www.donload.com/switchDownloads, rip and burn programs, recording programs and a file formatting program.

A:Free Music Software

What do you mean, "a good free music download"?Downloads, rip and burn programs, recording programs and a file formatting program.From what I understand, all Switch is, is a sound file converter for Windows.It doesn't download, rip, burn, or record, that I can see in the documentation, or is that included in the Help file documentation?Could you elaborate on the program a little bit?Sounds interesting.If you are happy with the program, could you do as acklan suggested in your other post (How Can L Convert .wma Files To Another Format, Converting misic file formats?), and go to this thread, Freeware Replacements For Common Commercial Apps, and add it to the list of recommendations, along with a little review of it's abilities?That way, when the Freeware thread is updated, it can be added to the list.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/40925/free-music-software/
Relevancy 46.44%

Can anyone recomend a good music software downloading program. I have heard Groksteris ok but is there anything better?
I also need a good program for burning cd/r's.
Thanks

Relevancy 46.44%

In iTunes, and even windows media player, you can watch visualizations.

But it's never in sync with my music. Hmm... Always seems a step behind.

Other than adding memory (which I'm doing next weekend), anything else I could do to boost the performance of music visualizations? I'm using a video card with 256mb of ram, so I doubt that'd be the problem, and visualizations barely take up any resources at all depending on the one you're using (such as as the megnetosphere plug-in for itunes)

Nothing major, no bid deal, I've just always wondered how come on youtube and company videos, it's perfectly in tune, and on my computer, it's looks muddled compared to syncing with drum beats and guitar riffs.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/music-software-visualizations.583038/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi,
A friend of mine is looking to be able to merge many music tracks together so that he has a constant flow of music without those irritating breaks in between each track. Could anyone give me an idea on good software for this, which is easy to use.

Thanks,

Relevancy 46.44%

Hi.

I want a program that will do one simple task.

I download music from a cd onto the pc and then onto my mobile phone via an sd card.

I want to be able to "cut" a segment from a song and have it as a ringtone so basically i want to be able to chop up a song...i dont need to be able to add effects just chop chop chop!!
Thanks BC
Brian

PS... Free programms are the best...im cheap!!

A:Need Music Editor Software

Hi Brian.Audacity will edit Ogg Vorbis, MP3, and WAV sound files.MP3DirectCut edits mp3 only.Both are free.If you have Nero installed by chance, you can use Nero Wave Editor. (.wav files only)

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/49559/need-music-editor-software/
Relevancy 46.44%

ive used winamp and itunes and windows media player
itunes and wmp lag up my comp so im using winamp right now
but im wondering if theres anything better that doesn't use up too much memory

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/the-best-music-playing-software.595413/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello ppl,

I would like to know how can i broadcast music from my PC to the internet, i already tried shoutcast app, and pirate radio but it didn't work because i don't have a static IP, i guess can anyone guide me or help me with a good working application??

Thanks in advance.

A:Broadcasting Music Software ?

This is free and fairly easy to set up.You'll need a few programs:Winamp SHOUTcast pluginSimpleServerAnd something to help get around no static IP:DynamicDNSI assume since you said you worked with SHOUTcast but couldn't get it to work perhaps just the SimpleServer and DynamicDNS might be all you need. The only drawback is there is no interface to change the music playing or playing a music list. You have to do that sitting at the computer running the software. There are programs/services that will allow you or others to control what is being played...just do a google search. Hope this helps

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/234824/broadcasting-music-software/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello,

Im in a band and were trying to record an album. What is the best music editing software out there(free and $$$ types)? and does anyboy know where i can get professional CDs made for our album.

dan o d

A:Music editing software

I think Sony Sound Forge is an excellent editing program :)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/music-editing-software-115603.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi there,
I was wondering if there is some software out there, that'll start playing music at a given time (MP3's mainly). (That way I could get up to music of my choice )

A:Music software with timer

Try the Windows scheduler with the application of your choice.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/music-software-with-timer.361071/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello all! I'm looking for program that can convert music I have saved on my pc into ringtones for my cellphone. If you know of a not so difficult program please let me know---not that savvy with these types of things

A:Music converting software

http://lifehacker.com/software/ringtones/geek-to-live--make-a-ringtone-from-any-mp3-212232.php

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/music-converting-software.687918/
Relevancy 46.44%

if no one knows the answer can anyone tell me were I could find more extensive knowledge on computer music recording problems

A:music software support

Can you be more specific? What type of music recording software are you using?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/music-software-support.403038/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello All,

I am looking for a piece of software that would allow me to tag my MP3 library with the year the song was released from a particular database. I don't want the year it was released on a greatest hits album, I want accurate years of the original single release. My music playing software allows me to group my songs by decades and play them in a rotation of my choice.

Does anyone know what is the most accurate software and database to use online to do this with?

Thanks for your help!!

Relevancy 46.44%

I am looking for a free "Music On Hold" software package.

I'd like to find software that can download specific news casts off the internet and then be played on my "hold line" on my phone system.

Is there such software out there?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/music-on-hold-software.982280/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello. My OS is Windows XP. I just bought a CASIO CTK 3000 Musical Keyboard. I connected it to my PC using USB cable and it got detected and installed automatically without any problem. Now my question is, which software would I need to start recording the music that I play on the keyboard? Just any good software which can record and save in a familiar format like MP3 or WAV? Thank you

A:Music Recording Software?

Audacity will do the trick.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/music-recording-software.917844/
Relevancy 46.44%

I would like to find a computer program that would allow me to type in a musical score from sheet music and have the computer produce the musical melody for me. Is this possible?

A:Software that reads music, that's what I want.

Interesting question, and this may be an answer:
Introduction to SmartScore X
http://www.musitek.com/
I didn't fool with it, so let us know how it works.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/software-that-reads-music-thats-what-i-want.918466/
Relevancy 46.44%

anyone know of a music editing software?

I have this song that's over 80 mins and i would like to break it down so i can fit it into 2 cds.

thanks

Relevancy 46.44%

Hi all, I am looking for some easy to use software to organize my extensive MP3 music collection. I am running XP on my PC. I would be grateful for any suggestions.

A:Music organizer software

Try MediaMonkey, a free all-in-one Music Manager.

They also have a paid version but for most people the free version works just fine.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/music-organizer-software.965592/
Relevancy 46.44%

Does anyone know of any easy to use music editing software that's available?

I'm learning guitar and I would like to be able to slow down tracks on a CD to listen to notes so I can play them easier and probably also be able to make short loops of guitar intros for the same reason.

Regards....Mike

Relevancy 46.44%

Hello people,

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but anyways, can you recommend a good program that identifies the song that you are listening to? I've been looking around on the internet but haven't found a great one so far.

Thanks,
Daniel

A:Music identification software

Quote: Originally Posted by lymecore

Hello people,

I'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this, but anyways, can you recommend a good program that identifies the song that you are listening to? I've been looking around on the internet but haven't found a great one so far.

Thanks,

Daniel

You could try Shazam!!

Hope this helps

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/181851-music-identification-software.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I have a Windows XP (old but still running).

I'd like to write music on the computer (vs. writing on paper like old composers used to do).

I am told there is music writing software out there, some free.

Does anyone know which are the ones that are safe to download?

Also, I guess, this would mean I would need a digital keyboard also?

Is it easy to interface the software with the keyboard?

I would assume keyboards have USB cable?

Sorry, I was warned about asking stupid questions and that they are the easiest to answer. Well, there goes. Thank you guys.

A:Music Writing Software

Source forge has some programs, but I've never tried them.
http://sourceforge.net/search/?q=music+writing

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/music-writing-software.1019957/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello Everyone,
Can anyone suggest a very good recording software for recording music played or sung on the computer.Presently,I'm using Cool edit pro & Sound Forge.I need it mainly for Noise reduction & editing.

Thanks & bye.
Amith...

A:Music Recording Software

Amith said:

Hello Everyone,
Can anyone suggest a very good recording software for recording music played or sung on the computer.Presently,I'm using Cool edit pro & Sound Forge.I need it mainly for Noise reduction & editing.

Thanks & bye.
Amith...Click to expand...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/music-recording-software.286504/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello. It's about time I started abusing my speakers on my desktop and listened to music. However, I would like suggestions for software.

I used iTunes for a while because I had an iPod (which I don't anymore and not plan to get one any time soon), but if there's one thing I liked about iTunes, it had a really convenient way of making manual or automated playlists. I also would like to be able to modify tags easily and/or en masse. Much thanks in advance.

A:Music managing software

I know it's not the popular choice, but I stick with WMP (using Media Player Codec Pack of course).
The library works fine, network sharing's a breeze, there are available plugins for itunes and its ilk, playlists are easily organized and exported (My Zune, Blackberry and Bluetooth enabled car stereo all accept WMP playlists), plus it has the best context menu options (especially in Windows 7). Just make sure you run your updates (it wasn't always so seamless and compatible)!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/304964/music-managing-software/
Relevancy 46.44%

Does anyone know of any software or a way to make it so I can that I can view all of my mp3 files in one place, without any folders? Like I could CTRL+A and highlight all the files, and only mp3s would be selected so that I could copy and paste them somewhere else (like an mp3 player).

I tried using the windows search on my Windows 7 computer, and typed mp3, and it came close to giving me what I wanted but I still had a lot of folders that contained mp3 files in the search. Does anyone know of any software or a way to make it so that I can view every mp3 file on my computer without any folders?

Thanks in advance

A:Music organization software

You could probably use something like MediaMonkey to find all the music files on your hard drive and display them in the app.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/music-organization-software.154583/
Relevancy 46.44%

It's just a small problem. I have my windows Media Player. How can I store my all music that I downloaded from MP3 website free download? Or is there any software I can download free and stored my music MP3 there coz I don'feel comfortable with windows Media Player? Thanks guyzz.... I'm just newbie in computer.

A:Software To Store Music

Windows Media Player is just a tool to view all of your stored music, and if you choose to let it do so, it will organize your library as well. All the MP3 files are still just on your hard disk, wherever you saved them to.

Some other programs to view, edit, and play your music are available:

iTunes
WinAmp
RealPlayer

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/116577-software-store-music.html
Relevancy 46.44%

i have a 512mb m2 card in my sony ericcson w350 and all the songs in my pc are 320kbps which have an average size of 9mb i want to convert them to a lower bit rates withot losing any metadata or id3 or id2 tags plz help he

A:Music converting software

Try MP3 Quality Modifier, it's free and easy to work with.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/music-converting-software.971630/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hey guys,

does anyone know of a programme that allows for saving your music collection to a xls file? I use MediaMonkey "free" version to organise my music collection / syncing to my ipod shuffle - and it has a feature to create xls reports, but it crashes all the time. Now I know they have their own forum, but 1 ) I dont want to sign up in a forum for just one question, 2 ) the error stays the same, but the code line and syntax error changes.

Thanks in advance.

YoHi.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/148570/music-collection-software/
Relevancy 46.01%

I could search the net for hours, or I could be lazy and post here.

I'm looking for software that is.... well easy to use, and can select and edit certain tracks.

Like for live music, reduce one persons voice and increase another, type of thing.

Needs to handle many formats mostly MP3, WAV,.... you know the main ones.

Free is best but links to others with demos is ok too.
A full function demo will work.

Thanks in advance.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-me-find-the-right-music-editing-software.229863/
Relevancy 46.01%

iam trying to rip music from an iPhone 3 to PC so it can be reimported into a new computer with a new iPhone 5 - I used to have a few programs years ago but cant remember the names, I spent hours trying various programs that claim to be free but are only free for X amount of transfers

anyone know of any working software?

thanks

A:any free software to rip music from ipod to PC

Have a look at PhoneTrans

PhoneTrans - Free iPhone Transfer, aka Your Best iTunes Alternative for iPhone iPad and iPod touch

Or if transferring to iTunes Sharepod

Sharepod | iPhone & iPad Music Transfer for Mac & PC

How to Copy Music from Your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to Your Computer for Free

A Guy

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/336975-any-free-software-rip-music-ipod-pc.html
Relevancy 46.01%

If you are serious about your music production then you owe it to yourself to check out this music producing software.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-music-production-software.831970/
Relevancy 46.01%

Does anyone know of any software, preferably free, that enables one to place composed or arranged music on virtual music staves and then print it so that it can be played?

This enquiry is for a friend.

johnni

Relevancy 46.01%

I am using Wavelab Version 6.11 from Steinberg and I am getting this error when trying to use some functions in it. It all works fine in my XP Pro.

Anybody have any Ideas?
Steve

A:Any Music Software Experts tell me what this means ?

I use Sonar and Soundforge and have found that if I set it to run in compatiblity mode for xp, and and when I start the programs I right click and run as administrator I have alot less errors. Actually if I don't run as admin vst effects are not seen and it wants me to register the software (which I have done). But works like a dream when I run as admin. You might want to give that a try.

You might try just running as admin first and see what happens without xp mode. I had to reset some audio and midi stuff the first time I ran as admin, but I lost no saved work.

Also make sure that your anti virus is not interfearing (maybe test with live protection turned off) Also with an error 1224 check and make sure that you don't have regular
automatic backup that runs on the files you are working with. Hope this helps some

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/90849-any-music-software-experts-tell-me-what-means.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi all,

I've got a turntable hooked up to my pc, and am in the process of putting my old album collection onto my hard drive.

At the moment, I'm recording each side of an LP (A 12" reversable bitumen or vinyl disk, for those too young to remember phrases like "hit parade") with Creative wavestudio, then chopping the recording into individual tracks, naming them and saving them as an mp3.

This is quite time-consuming, so I'm wondering if there is a programme, preferably free, that will record one side of an LP, chop it up into individual tracks and name them via Gracenote or something similar?

Sometimes I feel so old!!

Relevancy 46.01%

I wasn't really sure what forum to put this in so I threw it in the WinXP forum I'm looking for a preferably free WinXp program for music notation I am a drummer one who lives up to the drummer stereotype of being lazy I can't stand writing out music erasing parts putting new parts in it just drives me up a wall I've tried Sibelius and I hate that even more than writing music out it isn't a very drummer-friendly program If anyone knows of a once again preferably free program that is good for Looking WinXP for music software notation writing real music and is good for Looking for WinXP music notation software writing drum set music easy to write multiple notes in the same beat example hitting the crash cymbal and bass drum at the same time ect easy to insert many th th nd notes without giving me a headache please let me know Thanks a bunch Also I'm not familiar with any programming codes so please no programs that require code to write music I've tried them and it turned out horribly

A:Looking for WinXP music notation software

Hi,

Take a look at this program:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/andante/

If you have OpenOffice installed, take a look at this:
http://sourceforge.net/projects/ooolilypond/

There are some more here:
http://sourceforge.net/search/?words...fault%257C1=on

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/looking-for-winxp-music-notation-software-153384.html
Relevancy 46.01%

My son has a lower end Yahmaha keyboard and he has been writing his own music, etc. I am going to purchase the M-Audio Midiman 1x1 that will allow him to run Midi In/Out cables to it and then connect via USB.

I am totally out of my league when it comes to what would be a good and decent Music Recording Software for his PC. Since he is just starting out and the equipoment though servicible isn't top notch and so I really have no need to break the bank.

Suggestions please because there are tons of options but in my research many of the offerings are buggy or the drivers and support are terrible and/or non-existent.

Thanks ahead of time.

A:Need Suggestions for Music Recording Software

Two low-cost options are Reaper, which is small, free to try out and not expensive to buy, or if you find a copy of the British Computer Music magazine, they have a complete Digital Audio suite that is free on each cover disk.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/222507/need-suggestions-for-music-recording-software/
Relevancy 46.01%

Does anyone happen to know of any free music composition/creation softare? I run an Windows XP SP2 PC and I am looking for something that possibly has built-in sounds/synthesizers. I found a program on SourceForge called Psycle, but I have not found many resources to find out if this is exactly what I am looking for.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks everyone.

Take care.

Relevancy 46.01%

I have 5.1 set up on my computer. The problem I have is when playing music, it only comes through the 2 front speakers and the bass. The dolby digital movies and stuff come through on surround sound very well. Are there any software or anything to make the output come through all speakers other than SRS already have that.

A:Surround sound music software

Whether or not you will be able to have true surround sound is dependent on what motherboard you have. Older boards may require an add-in sound card. The software (driver) in modern boards will allow multi-channel sound. In newer boards, this can be by SPDIF, (Optical out,) which would need to go to a home theater receiver.

Newer boards also have more "re-taskable" standard mini-jacks to support direct connection to multiple computer type speakers.

But basically, if your board says it has 5.1 or 7.1 channel sound, then the correct software is supplied on the driver disc that came with the board. OR.....can be acquired from the board manufacturers website.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/surround-sound-music-software.147669/
Relevancy 46.01%

Instead of trying all of the different software programs out there, I would like feedback on what you all have tried and what you think is the best user friendly programs out there. Also, which is the best for laying in sound.
Thanks
Peter

A:The best software for creating Albums with music

I use Proshow Gold and really like it.
Here is a link: http://www.photodex.com/products/proshowgold/

I found it from recommendations on this site by other users that post here. They may have comments for you. Download their free trial and let us know what you think.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/the-best-software-for-creating-albums-with-music.370681/