Windows Support Forum

Random idle BSOD 0x124 @ ntoskrnl.exe. ~Once / day

Q: Random idle BSOD 0x124 @ ntoskrnl.exe. ~Once / day

The dreaded error again Crashing in either the 0x124 day @ ntoskrnl.exe. BSOD / idle Random ~Once NTOSKrnl exe or Hal exe Completely new system with the following hardware Motherboard Asrock B Pro-M CPU Intel i K Mem Kingston ValueRAM x GB MHz Disk Samsung GB SSD GPU Internal Intel HD Graphics OS Windows x The BSOD occurs roughly once a day Even when the computer is idle overnight EDIT Recently it started occuring more frequently What I already tried - Complete Windows x Re nstall Secure SSD wipe from bootable USB - Replace memory completely with different brand type - Downclocking memory to MHz - Place memory in all slots - Running Memtest many hours - Update Motherboard BIOS - Install latest drivers for all devices - Disconnecting USB devices printer s etc - Overvolting the CPU either or mV Random idle BSOD 0x124 @ ntoskrnl.exe. ~Once / day - Disabling USB ports completely in the BIOS Hopefully something can be found in the added BSOD info attached to this topic So far I recorded BSODs over the last days EDIT Many more BSOD crash reports have been added in a lower post

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Random idle BSOD 0x124 @ ntoskrnl.exe. ~Once / day

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

Relevancy 97.18%

Hello sevenforums.
My PC has always given me trouble in the past by randomly restarting and getting BSODed. I used to "live with it" but over last 2-3 months it has gotten out of hand. My PC restarts at least 2-3 times per day. I always get 0x124 bug check code and so tested the processor with prime95 (for 2-3 hours) and ram with memtest86+(3 passes) but got clean results. I've attached the latest 10 minidumps. I'm at my wits end and REALLY dont want to reinstall windows! :O
Thanks in advance.
Edit: It does not even show a bsod but directly reboots.

A:Random frequent BSOD 0x124 / 0x00000124 ntoskrnl.exe?

Minidumps attached

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/273895-random-frequent-bsod-0x124-0x00000124-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 90.3%

so I got many BSOD lately, with different bug check string.
I don't know what the cause, so pls help me, thx

A:Random BSOD ntoskrnl.exe mostly while browsing, or idle

Hard Drive/Storage
Post disk summary using CrystalDiskInfo software: CrystalDiskInfo Standard Edition
For how to upload a screenshot or file, read here
Make a hard drive test from the hard drive manufacturers website: Hard Drive Diagnostic Procedure

Disk Check
For errors on your Hard drive(s): How to Run Disk Check in Windows 7

Start up
Keep less stuff at the start-up. Only anti-virus, this helps avoid driver conflicts and improves time to log in to windows.
Troubleshoot a Problem by Performing a Clean Startup in Windows 7 or Vista
How to Change, Add, or Remove Startup Programs in Windows 7

Code:
Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.2.9200.20512 AMD64
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Loading Dump File [C:\Users\USER\Downloads\SF_26-06-2013\SF_26-06-2013\062613-30092-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

Symbol search path is: SRV*C:\SymCache*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7601 (Service Pack 1) MP (8 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS Personal
Built by: 7601.18113.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.130318-1533
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`03604000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`03847670
Debug session time: Wed Jun 26 13:40:55.107 2013 (UTC + 6:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:03:56.059
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck F4, {3, fffffa80091ebb30, fffffa80091ebe10, fffff80003980350}

----- ETW minidump data unavailable-----
Probably caused by : wininit.exe

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/295319-random-bsod-ntoskrnl-exe-mostly-while-browsing-idle.html
Relevancy 89.01%

Hi i have these random Blue Screens and i have the Dump files information here in attachments i cannot figure this out, thx in advance.

Noticed i should add this so here it is.

A:Random BSOD's While Idle/While in-game ntoskrnl.exe76e80

Code:
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\YUSRA\Downloads\Compressed\VITALITY-PC-vr_06-02-2015_151059,58\020615-44335-01.dmp]

************* Symbol Path validation summary **************
Response Time (ms) Location
Deferred SRV*c:\symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Symbol search path is: SRV*c:\symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7601 (Service Pack 1) MP (4 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS
Built by: 7601.18700.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.141211-1742
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`0360f000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`03852890
Debug session time: Fri Feb 6 18:38:49.178 2015 (UTC + 6:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 1:54:22.380
Loading Kernel Symbols

Press ctrl-c (cdb, kd, ntsd) or ctrl-break (windbg) to abort symbol loads that take too long.
Run !sym noisy before .reload to track down problems loading symbols.

Loading User Symbols
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck F4, {3, fffffa8007f7c6a0, fffffa8007f7c980, fffff8000398a500}

Probably caused by : csrss.exe

---------
Run Disk Check on your Hard Drive for file system errors and bad sectors on it.

Hard Drive Diagnostics
Double click and open my computer.
Right click on desired drive and hit properties.
Click on tools tab and Check now.

Read complete instructions on the tutorial: Disk Check

Other Tests:

Upload a screenshot of your hard disk using Crystal Disk Info.
Make a hard drive test from the hard drive manufacturers website.
Test your Hard Drive with SeaTools.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/360474-random-bsods-while-idle-while-game-ntoskrnl-exe76e80.html
Relevancy 88.15%

Hi,

New to the forum and with an issue I cannot resolve.
I have done a Memtest - all results OK
I have done a DLGDIAG on Hard Drive - all results OK
I have got all the latest drivers
The crash normally happens between 10pm and 6am when no-one is using the PC and it is idle.
Recently had an issue with overheating which was resolved by Currys (KnowHow) installing a new fan.
Recently upgraded the RAM from 4gb to 16gb
No new programs installed.
I am completely stuck - I have ordered a new Graphics Card (just in case).
Can anyone help please ?

A:BSOD - ntoskrnl.exe+74469 - Random Crashes every day whilst PC is idle

Hi Smoo62.

Test your RAM modules for possible errors. How to Test and Diagnose RAM Issues with Memtest86+
Run memtest86+ for at least 8 consecutive passes.

If it start showing errors/red lines, stop testing. A single error is enough to determine that something is going bad there.
You said that you have done it, but do as it is said. Take a camera snap of the memtest screen before you close it, and let us see it. It is needed.
If it does not show any error, enable Driver Verifier to monitor the drivers. Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable
Run Driver Verifier for 24 hours or the occurrence of the next crash, whichever is earlier.

Information
Why Driver Verifier:
It puts a stress on the drivers, ans so it makes the unstable drivers crash. Hopefully the driver that crashes is recorded in the memory dump.

How Can we know that DV is enabled:
It will make the system bit of slow, laggy.

Warning
Before enabling DV, make it sure that you have earlier System restore points made in your computer. You can check it easily by using CCleaner looking at Tools > System Restore.

If there is no points, make a System Restore Point manually before enabling DV.

Tip

If you fail to get on the Desktop because of DV, Boot into Advanced Boot Options > Safe mode. Disable DV there. Now boot normally again, and try following the instruction of enabling DV again.
If you cannot boot in Safe mode too, do a System Restore to a point you made earlier.

Let us know the results, with the subsequent crash dumps, if any.

Code:
BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff8000332df4f, fffff880076b3c90, 0}

Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiIdentifyPfn+26f )

---------

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/363148-bsod-ntoskrnl-exe-74469-random-crashes-every-day-whilst-pc-idle.html
Relevancy 82.56%

My computer freezes randomly. Its not frequent and computer doesnt need to be under load. What i have checked this might be due to overheat. My CPU is overclocked but i havent increased voltages, my temps are 40 under load and my cap should be at 62.I ran 10 min of Prime95 before this post.
Im looking for some help.

Edit:Wow i did follow the posting instructions but my zip wasn't attached somehow.

A:Random Freeze, ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x4ADE7C), error 0x124

Please follow ,
Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/305131-random-freeze-ntoskrnl-exe-nt-0x4ade7c-error-0x124.html
Relevancy 81.7%

Random BSODs hal dll a b ntoskrnl exe cb Spex Toshiba Satellite L Laptop Windows Ultimate x SP Fresh install no updates whatsoever Intel Core Duo P hour Prime DONE GB Random hal.dll+12a3b, IRQL, 0x124.. BSODs ntoskrnl.exe+18cb03, RAM GB GB different speeds hour MEMTEST DONE Random BSODs hal.dll+12a3b, ntoskrnl.exe+18cb03, IRQL, 0x124.. ATI Radeon Mobility HD series hour Prime DONE WD Caviar GB HDD Fresh format chkdsk R DONE quot HDD Scan quot DONE Tried reseating RAM HDD DVD Other checks SFC no problems dxdiag shows no issues have turned on VERIFIER EXE and selected all non MS and some MS as Random BSODs hal.dll+12a3b, ntoskrnl.exe+18cb03, IRQL, 0x124.. well drivers to monitor Software Google Chrome No AV or Firewall Windows' Firewall disabled Tried with full drivers installed full Windows Updates Same results Now reformatted with fresh install with no updates whatsoever and no drivers isntalled Same results Tried a different source CD for Win installation Same results Problem Description Random BSODs showing x mostly IRQL x E x A hal dll ntoskrnl Occurs randomly and very frequently Half of the time can't even load into desktop Prime when it runs shows no errors but half of the time when trying to RUN the workers it the program crashes WITHOUT giving a BSOD or a Random BSODs hal.dll+12a3b, ntoskrnl.exe+18cb03, IRQL, 0x124.. freeze etc In my weeks of trying to debug this laptop there have been moments when it runs fine and I was able to play some games notably World of Tanks Pirates of the Burning Seas to test and ran beautifully Please help me solve this issue I truly want to learn how to thanks Attached is the zip files from SF Diags

A:Random BSODs hal.dll+12a3b, ntoskrnl.exe+18cb03, IRQL, 0x124..

oh and to be sure, let me remark that i have done zero overclocking.
tried with just one stick of RAM (both).
unplugged all USB.
unplugged power and ran on purely battery.
thanks.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/252349-random-bsods-hal-dll-12a3b-ntoskrnl-exe-18cb03-irql-0x124.html
Relevancy 80.84%

My system specs are updated in my profile, and here are my recent steps to resolve this problem.

1. Said "to hell with it" and did a FRESH install on a single SSD (Kingston Hyper-X 120g). Still the same BSoD event.
2. Figured at this point, hardware. Flashed to new BIOS, still BSoD
3. Updated ALL drivers from mobo website. STILL BSoD
4. Ran MEMTESTx86 overnight. STILL BSoD
5. Pulled one graphics card, still BSoD.
6. Pulled the other..still BSoD.
7. Ran IBT and passed, then BSoD while on facebook.

Temperatures are 12C idle 50C for IBT per coretemp.

Thanks for any help!

A:BSOD idle/dota2/bf3 0x124 ntsokrnl.exe

What's IBT?

We've seen a number of BSOD issues with SSD's recently. Here's the information that I've compiled:

Quote:
There's not a whole bunch available to test SSD's. The "easiest" test is to remove the SSD, install a platter-based hard drive, install Windows and test for stability that way.

Here's some suggestions:
- Update the SSD's firmware to the latest available version (VERY IMPORTANT!!!)
- Slow the memory (RAM) down to the next slower speed (I've only seen one person who claimed that this worked for them).
- Use any manufacturer's utilities that you may have. If you don't have any, then try this free one (I haven't used it myself): Crystal Dew World
- Update chipset and storage controller drivers to the latest available from the manufacturer of the device (not the manufacturer of the motherboard). Be sure to update ALL controllers on the motherboard!
....NOTE: Recently (Nov 2011) we had BSOD issues with the Marvell 91xx controller and an SSD. You may have to switch controllers also.-
Replace the SSD with a platter based hard drive and see if that stops the BSOD's. If it does, then it's likely that there's a problem with the SSD OR an incompatibility with your system.
It's my opinion that SSD's aren't reliable enough (with current hardware) to be used on a system that needs to work reliably. Until I see reliability I will not recommend, nor will I use, SSD's for critical applications.
06 Dec 2011 - This post tends to confirm issues with certain SSD chipsets and certain controllers - [SOLVED] cant find the cause of BSOD F4 - Tech Support Forum

Looks like you have 2 different SSD's installed (Kingston and Crucial). If so, I've never seen this before and wonder if they're compatible together. Try running with only 1 SSD to see if that helps.

perfmon /report shows your High Definition Audio device is disabled. Is this deliberate? If so, why?

AMD Overdrive is installed on your system and is known to cause BSOD's. Uninstall it and check to make sure that the AOD service (in services.msc) and the AODDriver device (in devmgmt.msc - hidden devices) are gone. If problems remain, post back for more advanced removal instructions.

19 BSOD's in 4 days (24-27 Mar 2012)
All but 3 appear to be STOP 0x124's
This means that this is most likely a hardware problem - which includes overclocking, compatibility issues, low-level driver problems (such as AMD OverDrive), or even malware.

The other 3 are Driver Verifier errors and they point to a Windows USB driver. Since these drivers are protected by the System File Checker, it's most likely that this is the same sort of situation as described with the STOP 0x124 errors - but we can't be certain as we don't know what settings that you used for Driver Verifier.

IMO this is most likely an issue with the SSD(s) and/or the mobo controller. Ensure that the controllers are updated to the latest version available from the controller manufacturer (NOT the mobo manufacturer). The SSD's must have the latest firmware installed.

Further info on BSOD error messages available at: http://www.carrona.org/bsodindx.html

The following info is just FYI, I've already addressed the issues that I saw in the above paragraphs
3RD PARTY DRIVERS PRESENT IN THE DUMP FILES

Code:

PxHlpa64.sys Tue Jun 23 19:16:35 2009 (4A416253)
mv91xx.sys Wed Mar 17 03:53:06 2010 (4BA08A62)
mvxxmm.sys Wed Mar 17 03:52:37 2010 (4BA08A45)
amdxata.sys Fri Mar 19 12:18:18 2010 (4BA3A3CA)
AsrAppCharger.sys Tue May 10 04:28:46 2011 (4DC8F73E)
EtronXHCI.sys Fri Jan 28 16:46:43 2011 (4D433943)
usbfilter.sys Wed Oct 07 03:44:08 2009 (4ACC46C8)
LGBusEnum.sys Mon Nov 23 20:36:48 2009 (4B0B38B0)
EtronHub3.sys Fri Jan 28 16:46:45 2011 (4D433945)
ladfGSRamd64.sys Mon Apr 11 14:41:07 2011 (4DA34B43)
ladfGSCamd64.sys Mon Apr 11 14:41:01 2011 (4DA34B3D)
LHidFilt.Sys Fri Sep 02 02:23:09 2011 (4E60764D)
LMouFilt.Sys Fri Sep 02 02:... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/221499-bsod-idle-dota2-bf3-0x124-ntsokrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 79.98%

I've been getting the same BSOD since I got my computer and I need some help figuring out what exactly is wrong. The BSOD usually occurs when playing games like Arma 3, but it also occurs randomly when just browsing the internet. Any help would be much appreciated!

A:BSOD 0x124 hal.dll, ntoskrnl.exe, pci.sys help

Bump please help someone

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/376042-bsod-0x124-hal-dll-ntoskrnl-exe-pci-sys-help.html
Relevancy 79.98%

This idle; 0x124 Code left BSOD PC Error when is my first custom PC build and I thought everything was going smoothly until I started getting BSoDs whenever I left the PC idle with not inputs for a period of time Now mind you I can go days without a BSoD if I don't leave it alone and idle I mean even just leaving the space bar held down will prevent it from BSoDing but if I don't touch my mouse or keyboard it will happen Even running a simple keyboard macro off my Razer Blackwidow that spams F prevents this but again if I just want to sit back and watch a movie or step away for grab lunch it BSoDs on me Things I have done -Flash the BIOS -MEMTests -chkDSK on both my Hard Drives -Updated all drivers -Disabled any sleep charger functions that kick in after a set period of time -I have forced the PC into Sleep amp Hibernate This does not trigger it I'm hoping for any help on this matter

A:BSOD when PC left idle; Error Code 0x124

Hello Zedasiobud, welcome to 7F. I've taken a look at your dumps and you're receiving 0x124s which are generic bugchecks that indicate a hardware fault. 0x124s very rarely give an indication as to what the problem is and that's the case here, the only thing we can recommend here is a series of stress and diagnostic tests to try and pinpoint the hardware that is causing the issue. Please follow the steps below to the letter and post the results for each, some of them may duplicate what you've already tried but please perform them again.
Code:
WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (124)
A fatal hardware error has occurred. Parameter 1 identifies the type of error
source that reported the error. Parameter 2 holds the address of the
WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure that describes the error conditon.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000000, Machine Check Exception
Arg2: fffffa801272a038, Address of the WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure.
Arg3: 0000000000000000, High order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.
Arg4: 0000000000000000, Low order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.

7: kd> !errrec fffffa801272a038
===============================================================================
Common Platform Error Record @ fffffa801272a038
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Record Id : 01d08f0ff6819fe4
Severity : Fatal (1)
Length : 928
Creator : Microsoft
Notify Type : Machine Check Exception
Timestamp : 5/15/2015 13:06:33 (UTC)
Flags : 0x00000002 PreviousError

Section 0 : Processor Generic
Descriptor @ fffffa801272a0b8
Section @ fffffa801272a190
Offset : 344
Length : 192
Flags : 0x00000001 Primary
Severity : Fatal

Proc. Type : x86/x64
Instr. Set : x64
Error Type : Micro-Architectural Error
Flags : 0x00
CPU Version : 0x00000000000306c3
Processor ID : 0x0000000000000002

Section 1 : x86/x64 Processor Specific
Descriptor @ fffffa801272a100
Section @ fffffa801272a250
Offset : 536
Length : 128
Flags : 0x00000000

Local APIC Id : 0x0000000000000002
CPU Id : c3 06 03 00 00 08 10 02 - bf fb fa 7f ff fb eb bf
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 - 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 - 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

Proc. Info 0 @ fffffa801272a250

Section 2 : x86/x64 MCA
Descriptor @ fffffa801272a148
Section @ fffffa801272a2d0
Offset : 664
Length : 264

Error : Internal unclassified (Proc 2 Bank 1)
Address : 0x00000000fee00040
Misc. : 0x0000000000000086

STOP 0x124 Troubleshooting

Read carefully before proceeding.

Warning
If you're overclocking your system, revert back to stock clocks now.

Note
Test the system once the overclock is removed before continuing with the steps outlined below.

Part One: CPU Stress Test
Part Two: MemTest86+ RAM Diagnostic
Part Three: Hard Drive Diagnostics
Part Four:GPU Stress Test

ONE

CPU TEST

Run Prime95 to stress test your CPU. Hardware - Stress Test With Prime95

Warning
Your CPU temperatures will rise quickly while under this stress test. Keep a keen eye on them and abort the test if overheating occurs.

TWO

RAM TEST

Run MemTest86+ to analyse your RAM. RAM - Test with Memtest86+

... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/370585-bsod-when-pc-left-idle-error-code-0x124.html
Relevancy 79.12%

Hi,

Recently I have been getting frequent BSODs, my computer is so unstable i am afraid to do anything that might jeopardize my work.

If you want to see my mindump you can find it here: http://1drv.ms/1mk3MCd
http://1drv.ms/1mjoi1F

? OS - Windows 7
? System Type - x64
? What was original installed OS on system? Windows 7 (custom built)
? Is the OS an OEM version (came pre-installed on system) or full retail version (YOU purchased it from retailer)? full retail
? Age of system (hardware) 4 years
? Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS? 6 months
? CPU - Amd Phenom II 965 x 4
? Video Card - Amd Radeon HD 7800
? MotherBoard - Asus M4A87TD EVO
? Power Supply - brand & wattage - Corsair 750W

NB:
perfmon /report pulls the window up and suddenly is not responding.

A:[SOLVED] BSOD hal.dll and ntoskrnl.exe (0x124)

... Fixed use this attachment it has the report inside of it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/solved-bsod-hal-dll-and-ntoskrnl-exe-0x124-832025.html
Relevancy 79.12%

-EDIT-

Problem solved by replacing GPU

A:NTOSKRNL.exe 0x124 BSOD When Gaming

Post it following the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/291876-ntoskrnl-exe-0x124-bsod-when-gaming.html
Relevancy 79.12%

Hi Guys My rig is just a a 0x124 game idle during in while playing BSOD and error PCSX2 month old now The first BSOD happened about weeks after I have built the rig I have read some of threads here regarding this problem and I have done some troubleshooting myself Anyways to fill you some information some of my BSODs happened when I was running winamp Others were when the PC was in idle The most recent BSOD happened when I was playing Armored core in PCSX I have games installed in my computer BSOD error 0x124 during idle and while playing a game in PCSX2 like Watchdogs Crysis Formula Tomb Raider etc which use a BSOD error 0x124 during idle and while playing a game in PCSX2 lot in terms of CPU and GPU resources I'm running these games in High if not Ultra but I have never experienced BSOD while playing these games Since most threads point this kind of problem to hardware I did some troubleshooting -Memtest - passes - no errors -Chkdsk r sfc scannow - no erros -Ran Malwarebytes and Norton - no detected issues -Stress test with prime - not overnight mins max - no issues I wonder if I should run this overnight -Furmark burn-in minutes p x MSAA - no issues at first but before the min mark my fps dropped to one I don't know if this was just a glitch because as I have said during gameplays with the above games I have never experienced any problems Things I'm planning to do - Reseat GPU check reconnect SATA connections check wirings Attached are the dump files and some info regarding my rig Thanks in advance

A:BSOD error 0x124 during idle and while playing a game in PCSX2

I ran prime 95 last night for and had 3 consecutive bsods. The fourth time i ran it lasted up to 4 hours before I terminated the test. I thought the culprit was the monitor since the bsods happened when the monitor was off during the test and the 4th one was ran with the monitor on. However, this afternoon, I ran prime95 again with the monitor. I had 5 bsodss during the tests. The run never lasted more than 30 mins. I think my cpu has the defect.

By the way, I also ran furmark 3 times in 1080 mode with 0,msaa 2 and msaa4x with no problems.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/336014-bsod-error-0x124-during-idle-while-playing-game-pcsx2.html
Relevancy 78.26%

I am helping a friend out. Me and him have done quite a few things to troubleshoot this error but now I am coming here for some additional help.

It seems ntoskrnl.exe is the main driver that comes up. from reading it seems this driver is very generic also.

We have Reinstalled windows
tried updating multiple drivers
tried switching keyboards

I came here because i dont know where else to look, or how to look.

I hope you guys can help. I have attached 2 dumps since it began. I've talked to him to use his pc to create more.

I am going to sleep and wont be awake for a while so ill respond when I wake up.

He is running a AM3 8 core cpu with 8 gigs ddr3 1333 ram. 1tb hard drive @ sata 2. AMD HD 6850. 750w psu.

A:Generic 0x124 stop BSOD ntoskrnl.exe

Welcome to the forum.

Warning I am new to debugging so please bear with me.

BSOD Analyze

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 124, {0, fffffa80084218f8, 0, 0}

Probably caused by : hardware

---------

5: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Arguments:
Arg2: fffffa80084218f8, Address of the WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure.
Arg3: 0000000000000000, High order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.
Arg4: 0000000000000000, Low order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.

Debugging Details:
------------------

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x124_AuthenticAMD

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT

PROCESS_NAME: System

CURRENT_IRQL: 0

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`0335b5b0 fffff800`02d1eca9 : fffffa80`084218d0 fffffa80`06a10040 00000000`00000007 00000000`00000000 : nt!WheapCreateLiveTriageDump+0x6c
fffff880`0335bad0 fffff800`02bff547 : fffffa80`084218d0 fffff800`02c792d8 fffffa80`06a10040 00000000`00000000 : nt!WheapCreateTriageDumpFromPreviousSession+0x49
fffff880`0335bb00 fffff800`02b66945 : fffff800`02cdaae0 00000000`00000001 fffffa80`07950820 fffffa80`06a10040 : nt!WheapProcessWorkQueueItem+0x57
fffff880`0335bb40 fffff800`02ae5841 : fffff880`01179e00 fffff800`02b66920 fffffa80`06a10000 00000000`00000000 : nt!WheapWorkQueueWorkerRoutine+0x25
fffff880`0335bb70 fffff800`02d72e6a : 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`06a10040 00000000`00000080 fffffa80`069f5040 : nt!ExpWorkerThread+0x111
fffff880`0335bc00 fffff800`02accec6 : fffff880`03189180 fffffa80`06a10040 fffff880`031940c0 00000000`00000000 : nt!PspSystemThreadStartup+0x5a
fffff880`0335bc40 00000000`00000000 : fffff880`0335c000 fffff880`03356000 fffff880`042307b0 00000000`00000000 : nt!KxStartSystemThread+0x16

STACK_COMMAND: kb

FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: hardware

IMAGE_NAME: hardware

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 0

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x124_AuthenticAMD_PROCESSOR_CACHE_PRV

BUCKET_ID: X64_0x124_AuthenticAMD_PROCESSOR_CACHE_PRV

---------
Both your dumps indicate hardware issues.

Go through:
Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/250522-generic-0x124-stop-bsod-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Hello guys,

In the last month I've got a lot of BSODs that are giving me the chills.
I keep the computer on at all times as I run a web and mail server on it, play games, use it as an alarm, etc..
I have no idea what is causing them, hopefully you guys can help me crack it.

I'm running on Windows 7 Pro x64, latest SP and updates.
If you need any other info, I will gladly provide it. Thanks!

A:Random BSODs caused by ntoskrnl.exe either if computer is idle or not

Hi Kryse,

Welcome to the 7forums.

Please read BSOD Posting Instructions & How to upload files

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/383646-random-bsods-caused-ntoskrnl-exe-either-if-computer-idle-not.html
Relevancy 73.1%

No abnormal memory test.
sometimes computer is freeze. no bsod.
I do not know what the problem is.
plz help me.

A:Random BSOD 0x124

Hello and welcome to the forums cestlavie098, I took a look at your files, and so you know a 0x124 BSOD indicates either a Bios bug or a hardware error. So first things first, check the computer manufacturers website for Bios updates. then once you have updated the bios please run Prime95:

Free Software - GIMPS

Quote:
Prime95 Setup:
- extract the contents of the zip file to a location of your choice
- double click on the executable file
- select "Just stress testing"
- select the "Blend" test. If you've already run MemTest overnight you may want to run the "Small FFTs" test instead.
- "Number of torture test threads to run" should equal the number of CPU's times 2 (if you're using hyperthreading).
The easiest way to figure this out is to go to Task Manager...Performance tab - and see the number of boxes under CPU Usage History
Then run the test for 6 to 24 hours - or until you get errors (whichever comes first).
The Test selection box and the stress.txt file describes what components that the program stresses.

Also when running prime 95 be sure to use HWinfo to keep an eye on your temperatures:

Quote:
Download and install HWINFO64 (I run Windows 7 Ultimate x64). Open HWINFO, and when prompted, check the Sensor Only option and then run as shown below:

HWINFO will read your system, and then open the Sensor Status panel. Locate the CPU Digital Thermal Sensor items, as shown below:

Take note of the current temperatures when the system is idling, and ensure that there is a differential between the system idle temperature and maximum CPU operating temperature in excess of 20 degrees Celcius

Warning
Ensure that you are operating in the same units of temperature measurement! If your CPU maximum temperature is quoted in Celcius, make 100% sure HWINFO is also reporting in Celcius. Do not mix Celcius with Farenheit. Use the Configure button in HWINFO to change temperature units if neccessary.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/282146-random-bsod-0x124.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Hi,

Im having some random bsod when browsing the web and when the computer is idle with BSOD 0x124 also check the event viewer at the same time it had a whea logger event id 20 A fatal hardware error has occurred.

Component: AMD Northbridge
Error Source: Machine Check Exception
Error Type: 11
Processor ID: 0

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/382082-random-bsod-0x124-please-help.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Hey guys,

I am currently putting up a new system and trying to determine what the cause of my BSOD is. I am running an
MSI Z77A-G45
I7 3770K
Ballistix 8GB DDR3 - 1600 OR Mushkin Enchanced 8GB 2X4GB PC3-10666 DDR3-1333 9-9-9-24 Dual Channel
560 GTX Gigabyte
3 TB WD Green
60 GB OCZ Agility 3
2 500GB WD Blue
1 TB Seagate Barracuda
Not running any RAID
APEVIA 700W

I attached my dump file, i was using kernel dump not mini dumps, i changed it to mini dumps just now. I currently removed all non essential HDD and am just running my SSD alone. Hoping to recreate the dump if not it could be narrowed down to PSU OR HDD.

Thanks for your time.

A:BSOD 0x124 random occurences

Could you please follow these instructions again, there doesn't seem to be any Minidumps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/294715-bsod-0x124-random-occurences.html
Relevancy 72.24%

I'm getting a random BSOD with the error code 0x124. This is just after formatting and reinstalling windows on my ssd. I'm attaching my .dmp file, so you can take a look. It's hal.dll that is causing the issue.

A:Random BSOD error 0x124

UPDATE:I think I know what the problem is, will be back after I've tweaked something in the bios.

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,155422.0.html
Relevancy 72.24%

So I recently reinstalled windows, and I'm experiencing BSOD 0x124. I'm leaving my dump file with this post.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/393666-random-bsod-error-0x124.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Okay My computer build has been running perfectly for awhile I have BSOD random lockups 0x124, and a MSI n platinum MOBO and the thing doesn t seem to like gigbytes of RAM or it might be the fact that it doesn t like sticks I put in another set of - - - BSOD 0x124, and random lockups TWIN XMS to boost my system to GB Well now I sometimes get random freezes or lockups on my computer where nothing BSOD 0x124, and random lockups will respond My ram runs at the clock speeds for the slower ones - - - which was the speed of my last pair of TWINXMS I wonder if it s caused by having sticks or having GBs I m tempted to buy a set of x gb sticks but I don t want to invest unless I KNOW it will work I have tried running sticks of the - - - variety but the computer froze up within minutes of getting to windows on XP and vista My specs are MSI p n platinum i SLI Intel Q WD caviar SATA HD EVGA GTS Creative X-fi Xtremegamer Windows Vista Home Premium bit SP Corsair twinXMS x gb - - - Corsair twinxms x gb - - - nbsp

A:BSOD 0x124, and random lockups

If u are running a 32bit OS 4 gigs of mem. will give no increase of anything over 2 gigs of mem. & with u placing the slower mem. in all will run slower.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-0x124-and-random-lockups.112714/
Relevancy 72.24%

Hello I've been plagued by a BSOD issue for quite a while already and ultimately I have failed to fix it by myself so I would like to ask for some help As a sort of user-gathered information its probably important for me to mention the following things the BSOD always gives the same x error it Random occurences BSOD 0x124 started right after i bought the new graphic card in november despite it might seem obvious that it could be caused by a faulty graphic Random BSOD 0x124 occurences card I've ran a few tests using Furmark OCCT and some other software to check it and during those tests i havent gotten any bsod I have reinstalled windows recently as an attempt to fix bsod as well BSOD often occurs upon the Windows launch sometimes during the greeting screen sometimes a half minute after desktop loads less often BSOD occurs while im gaming or when PC is simply idling those BSODs seem completely random and unrelated to the Random BSOD 0x124 occurences current load on the system but I might be wrong PC is clean from dust and it doesnt seem to be the heat issue since BSOD often occurs on low temperatures Sometimes there are several days between BSODs and sometimes it happens or times in a row upon the system start as described in point Well thats all what I can recall about my problem Sorry if the text is huge I just wanted the post to be as thorough as possible

A:Random BSOD 0x124 occurences

A few things,
1. no dump is there, I can't read what could be a reason due to the language.
2. only a few hotfixes, it is highly recommended to keep your system up to date.
3. Please post the report of Windows Genuine and Activation Issue Posting Instruction

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/393351-random-bsod-0x124-occurences.html
Relevancy 72.24%

So I started getting random BSOD overnight about 4 days ago from BCCode 124 and spent the better half of the past 3 days hunting it down and now suspect it to be CPU fault.

I ran though the basics clean install, driver updates, memtest64 for 6 hours no errors, and etc found some faulty drivers but still getting the BSOD and during Prime95 between the 1:30+ hour mark the desktop locks up or turns off. Cooling has been checked on CPU and GPU and both are within fair limits. Tested the system with different GPU and RAM modules.

So I'm down to CPU,Mobo, or another Driver as a fault here but cant seem to locate it with what I know so now I am here for you fine gents and gals to maybe assist me in this process.

SF .zip Included.

A:Random BSOD BCCode 0x124 0x0

It's definitely a hardware fault. No specific piece of hardware is mentioned but the debugger highlights an issue with your CPU cache. Check your cpu temps and if possible swap and test another CPU just to make use that it isn't the mobo. You should probably consider an RMA.

Code:
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x124_GenuineIntel_PROCESSOR_CACHE

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/321133-random-bsod-bccode-0x124-0x0.html
Relevancy 72.24%

Hi I have been 0x124 BCCode BSOD's Random experiencing random reboots BSOD's today with the error code x pointing to ntoskrnl exe So far I've had of these incidents today The BSOD seems to occur irregularly Random BSOD's BCCode 0x124 when gaming although the first crash today was when Random BSOD's BCCode 0x124 trying to run Steam Besides that the crashes don't appear to be happening when I'm browsing the internet or using programs which aren't very demanding on the Random BSOD's BCCode 0x124 CPU I've had similar crashes random reboots before on rare occasions never with this frequency So far I've tried updating some of my drivers and I've checked my rig to make sure everything is plugged in correctly no loose wires etc I have also downloaded HWMonitor to check the temperatures but that doesn't seem to be the problem either Specs OS Windows Professional x CPU Intel Core Duo E Ghz MoBo ASUS P K Pro Video Card Sapphire HD GB RAM GB I believe these are x GB and x GB sticks from Kingston HDD Samsung HD KJ GB Note the HDD is plugged into a Promise SATA TX plus controller which I bought after the controller on my motherboard somehow broke The age of the hardware varies a lot the video card is around months old while everything else probably is somewhere around and a half to years old Originally I had either XP or Vista running on this machine but I've since upgraded to Windows full retail copy The current install is probably between and a half and years old I hope I've provided all the necessary information regarding to this problem If anything is still missing or unclear feel free to point it out

A:Random BSOD's BCCode 0x124

Several issues which combined may be throwing the 124. With only one DMP file it is really hard to say.
1-Related to ulsata2.sys SATAII150 Series Windows Drivers from Promise Technology, Inc. Your driver is from 2007 and needs to be updated or remove.

2-You have the remnants of an AVG install that are loading and causing some havoc.

After you remedy those we can start to look for the underlying hardware issue. Here are some things to try.
Stop 0x124 is a hardware error

If you are overclocking try resetting your processor to standard settings and see if that helps.

If you continue to get BSOD here are some more things you may want to consider.

This is usually heat related, defective hardware, memory or even processor though it is"possible" that it is driver related (rare).

Quote:
Synopsis:

A "stop 0x124" is fundamentally different to many other types of bluescreens because it stems from a hardware complaint.

Stop 0x124 minidumps contain very little practical information, and it is therefore necessary to approach the problem as a case of hardware in an unknown state of distress.
Generic "Stop 0x124" Troubleshooting Strategy:

1) Ensure that none of the hardware components are overclocked. Hardware that is driven beyond its design specifications - by overclocking - can malfunction in unpredictable ways.
2) Ensure that the machine is adequately cooled.
If there is any doubt, open up the side of the PC case (be mindful of any relevant warranty conditions!) and point a mains fan squarely at the motherboard. That will rule out most (lack of) cooling issues.
3) Update all hardware-related drivers: video, sound, RAID (if any), NIC... anything that interacts with a piece of hardware.
It is good practice to run the latest drivers anyway.
4) Update the motherboard BIOS according to the manufacturer's instructions.
Their website should provide detailed instructions as to the brand and model-specific procedure.
5) Rarely, bugs in the OS may cause "false positive" 0x124 events where the hardware wasn't complaining but Windows thought otherwise (because of the bug).
At the time of writing, Windows 7 is not known to suffer from any such defects, but it is nevertheless important to always keep Windows itself updated.

6) Attempt to (stress) test those hardware components which can be put through their paces artificially.
The most obvious examples are the RAM and HDD(s).
For the RAM, use the in-built memory diagnostics (run MDSCHED) or the 3rd-party memtest86 utility to run many hours worth of testing.
For hard drives, check whether CHKDSK /R finds any problems on the drive(s), notably "bad sectors".
Unreliable RAM, in particular, is deadly as far as software is concerned, and anything other than a 100% clear memory test result is cause for concern. Unfortunately, even a 100% clear result from the diagnostics utilities does not guarantee that the RAM is free from defects - only that none were encountered during the test passes.

7) As the last of the non-invasive troubleshooting steps, perform a "vanilla" reinstallation of Windows: just the OS itself without any additional applications, games, utilities, updates, or new drivers - NOTHING AT ALL that is not sourced from the Windows 7 disc.
Should that fail to mitigate the 0x124 problem, jump to the next steps.
If you run the "vanilla" installation long enough to convince yourself that not a single 0x124 crash has occurred, start installing updates and applications slowly, always pausing between successive additions long enough to get a feel for whether the machine is still free from 0x124 crashes.
Should the crashing resume, obviously the very last software addition(s) may be somehow linked to the root cause.
If stop 0x124 errors persist despite the steps above, and the harware is under warranty, consider returning it and req... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/229250-random-bsods-bccode-0x124.html
Relevancy 71.38%

Hey peeps,

I need help

Recently my PC started to randomly getting 0x00000124 BSOD or just randomly freezes and restarts on its own.

Sometimes first startup is possible, sometimes I need to manually turn it off completely and then turn it on again to not get BSOD.

I have already ran memtest+, nothing. Everything is updated to the latest version (OS, drivers) and I didnt change anything in last few months..

A:BSOD 0x124 - random - sometimes only freezes and then restarts

A "stop 0x124" is fundamentally different to many other types of bluescreens because it stems from a hardware complaint.

Stop 0x124 minidumps contain very little practical information, and it is therefore necessary to approach the problem as a case of hardware in an unknown state of distress.

You can read more on this error and what to try here... Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try: Stop 124 Troubleshooting Strategy

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 124, {0, fffffa800d363028, f2000000, 20008f}

Unable to load image PSHED.dll, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for PSHED.dll
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for PSHED.dll
Probably caused by : GenuineIntel

---------
Arguments:
Arg2: fffffa800d363028, Address of the WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure.
Arg3: 00000000f2000000, High order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.
Arg4: 000000000020008f, Low order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.

Debugging Details:
------------------
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x124_GenuineIntel

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN7_DRIVER_FAULT

STACK_TEXT:
fffff800`00ba8c50 fffff800`0361a008 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KeTryToAcquireSpinLockAtDpcLevel+0x35
fffff800`00ba8c90 fffff800`03619f0d : 00000000`00000008 00000000`00000000 fffff800`00ba8ef0 00000000`00000000 : hal!HalpMceHandler+0x54
fffff800`00ba8cd0 fffff800`0360de88 : 00000000`00000001 fffffa80`0d639000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : hal!HalpMceHandlerWithRendezvous+0x55
fffff800`00ba8d00 fffff800`036c552c : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : hal!HalHandleMcheck+0x40
fffff800`00ba8d30 fffff800`036c5393 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KxMcheckAbort+0x6c
fffff800`00ba8e70 fffff880`082d9c3e : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiMcheckAbort+0x153
fffff880`03792900 00000000`00000000 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : 0xfffff880`082d9c3e

MODULE_NAME: GenuineIntel

IMAGE_NAME: GenuineIntel

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x124_GenuineIntel__UNKNOWN

BUCKET_ID: X64_0x124_GenuineIntel__UNKNOWN

---------

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/281422-bsod-0x124-random-sometimes-only-freezes-then-restarts.html
Relevancy 71.38%

Hey!

Im kinda new here and I really need some help.

I have been having random 0x124 BSOD on my newly built computer. So far I haven't seen any connecting between the BSODs, they come both when im not doing anything with the computer and when I am gaming. (Im not overclocking)

So here is what I have checked so far:
Doing some harddrive testing with SeaTools
Tested my memories with windows own memory tester
Checked every corner inside the computer to see if any cables/connectors were not connected
Checked the heat
OS
Windows 7 Ultimate x64

CPU
Amd fx 8-core 8350

Motherboard
M5A99FX PRO R2.0

Memory
Corsair 2x4gb 1600mhz

Graphics Card(s)
GTX 660ti

Hard Drives
500GB Seagate Barracuda 7200rpm SATA 6Gbit/s

Here is some infofiles: https://skydrive.live.com/#cid=1B9FA...DB285245%21151

I would really appreciate some help! Thanks in advance.

//KalluX

A:BSOD 0x124 (Random, comes more frequently during load)

Code:
Registered Owner: KalluX
Registered Organization:
Product ID: 00426-OEM-8992662-00497
Your current installation is considered counterfeit since it is impossible for an Lenova2 OEM to report as genuine when installed to a retail motherboard, such as the one in your system. The only way it would report as genuine, is if it employed an activation crack to bypass the genuine check.

My recommendation is to install genuine Windows 7, which minimizes the occurence of the issues you are experiencing. Troubleshooting BSOD on a non-genuine installation is also considered to be a fruitless exercise by many of our BSOD analysts and they will often refuse to work on these - you will enjoy far more success if you can demonstrate that you are starting from a genuine installation, since some cracks employed to bypass the genuine test of Windows are known to be the actual cause of the BSOD.

Regards,
Golden

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/296442-bsod-0x124-random-comes-more-frequently-during-load.html
Relevancy 71.38%

I've tried SFC /Scannow, DISM repair, but my computer (Windows 7 Pro x64) still restarts. There's no actual blue screen but it's a BSOD error. Here is what the error says when I restart:
(I've also attached the dump files)

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 124
BCP1: 0000000000000000
BCP2: FFFFFA80083228F8
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: 0000000000000000
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\022215-19312-01.dmp
C:\Users\JT\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-98140-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
Windows 7 Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

A:BSOD at seemingly random times, 0x124

Also, another thing to mention is that it does seem to happen in groups at random times. For example, let's say I got BSOD 6 times. Blue screens 1, 2, and 3 would all happen within 30 minutes of each other (if I restart immediately) Then, 4, 5, and 6 would happen within 30 minutes of each other, but all being an hour after 1, 2, and 3. Also, it can happen more than 3 times in a row, and they can happen more than an hour apart. This was just an example. However, the blue screens tend to happen in groups at a time.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/362265-bsod-seemingly-random-times-0x124.html
Relevancy 71.38%

Okay I've been getting BSOD of with the error 0x124 for awhile now. Sometimes I wouldn't get one for days, sometimes I'd get when ~5mins after I just got one. It happens a lot when playing games, but happens when I'm just surfing the web too. Can any of you great masters of the BSOD help me out? I'll donate so much if I can get any help on this. Thanks

A:BSOD at random times, error 0x124

Just happen when mutliboxing 15 Eve accounts and playing LoL.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/319604-bsod-random-times-error-0x124.html
Relevancy 71.38%

Hi! fist of all, sorry for my bad english.

I've been getting BSOD for a like a month now, i had my laptop stored for a year because the power jack and poder cord of my laptop where broken. A month ago i asked a friend to help me soldering both. Since then, ive been getting bsod when i open several chrome tabs, connect a second monitor to the laptop, or try to run unity3d. BSOD usually happens after a couple of minutes of doing one of those things or just random after using the computer for a couple of hours.

i ran memtest86 for 14 hours, chkdsk /f /r, 0 errors.

im wondering what else can i do, please help.

A:Random BSOD, Error code 0x124

Hello and welcome Chris sorry you have been waiting for a bit.
I am no expert but will have a go - now in the dump files there is a possible problem with the processor or it could be down to drivers of some sort ie chipset.

First can you run Speccy and if possible send back the temps on that machine please https://www.piriform.com/speccy/download if the readings come back as rather high then I suggest you check out the air intake and outlet of the laptop see my little ditty (below) for checking that out because the machine has just been lying around for so long it might well be just a build up of crud in it.

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *
Arguments:
Arg2: fffffa80046d4038, Address of the WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure.
Arg3: 00000000b6000000, High order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.
Arg4: 0000000000010015, Low order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.
Debugging Details:
------------------

PROCESS_NAME: chrome.exe
CURRENT_IRQL: f
ANALYSIS_VERSION: 6.3.9600.17298 (debuggers(dbg).141024-1500) amd64fre
STACK_TEXT:
fffff800`00ba6ac8 fffff800`02e28a3b : 00000000`00000124 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`046d4038 00000000`b6000000 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff800`00ba6ad0 fffff800`02feb9a3 : 00000000`00000001 fffffa80`046d4ea0 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`046d4ef0 : hal!HalBugCheckSystem+0x1e3
fffff800`00ba6b10 fffff800`02e28700 : 00000000`00000728 fffffa80`046d4ea0 fffff800`00ba6e70 00000000`1d325d00 : nt!WheaReportHwError+0x263
fffff800`00ba6b70 fffff800`02e28052 : fffffa80`046d4ea0 fffff800`00ba6e70 fffffa80`046d4ea0 00000000`00000000 : hal!HalpMcaReportError+0x4c
fffff800`00ba6cc0 fffff800`02e1be8f : 00000000`34818385 00000000`00000001 fffff800`00ba6ef0 00000000`00000000 : hal!HalpMceHandler+0x9e
fffff800`00ba6d00 fffff800`02ed032c : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : hal!HalHandleMcheck+0x47
fffff800`00ba6d30 fffff800`02ed0193 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KxMcheckAbort+0x6c
fffff800`00ba6e70 00000000`152b9223 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiMcheckAbort+0x153
00000000`0025eaa8 00000000`00000000 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : 0x152b9223

MODULE_NAME: AuthenticAMD
IMAGE_NAME: AuthenticAMD
IMAGE_VERSION:
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x124_AuthenticAMD_PROCESSOR_TLB
BUCKET_ID: X64_0x124_AuthenticAMD_PROCESSOR_TLB
ANALYSIS_SOURCE: KM
FAILURE_ID_HASH_STRING: km:x64_0x124_authenticamd_processor_tlb
FAILURE_ID_HASH: {43d6b821-8662-dfa6-fb8b-cfa627fa2356}

CLEANING A LAPTOP FAN& COOLER RAD

The thing you do is toturn over the laptop and shine a very bright light into the air intake aperture(you will see the fan there) and then while doing that look at the outlet venton the end of the laptop you should see the light quite clearly shining throughthe cooling " radiator" if not - it is clogged and will need cleaningas will probably the fan opening.

You can do this byblowing it out using a compressed air can in short bursts.

BUT ONE WORD OF WARNING DO NOT blow the air into the fan opening withoutins... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/373558-random-bsod-error-code-0x124.html
Relevancy 71.38%

Hello,

I've recently upgraded my pc where I installed a new Motherboard (ASUS Z87-PLUS) , CPU (I5 4670k) and a GPU (GTX780TI). After having done this I've started encountering some problems while using it. The computer has started BSODing along with the message "WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR". The BSODing is seemingly random where I've had it crash both when I'm gaming and while the pc is idle. I am not running an overclock and as far as I know this is not a temperature issue.

I have already installed a fresh version of Windows 8 in an attempt to fix this. I've also updated all of my drivers along with my BIOS as well as Windows to their latest versions. I've started to suspect that I've got a faulty component although I'd like some with this.

Thanks

A:Random BSOD error code 0x124

Hi

Please post a Speccy snapshot of your system following Speccy - Publish Snapshot of your System Specs - Windows 7 Help Forums

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/38377-random-bsod-error-code-0x124.html
Relevancy 71.38%

I am having random BSODs for almost a week now and it can happen either when playing Dota 2, BF3 or even just watching a stream or Youtube vid.

The STOP error I'm getting is 0x00000124

My dump files are attached, any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

A:BSOD error 0x124, random intervals

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 116, {fffffa80072840c0, fffff88003cd48c8, 0, 2}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\atikmpag.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atikmpag.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmpag.sys
Probably caused by : atikmpag.sys ( atikmpag+78c8 )

---------

0: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (116)
Attempt to reset the display driver and recover from timeout failed.
Arguments:
Arg1: fffffa80072840c0, Optional pointer to internal TDR recovery context (TDR_RECOVERY_CONTEXT).
Arg2: fffff88003cd48c8, The pointer into responsible device driver module (e.g. owner tag).
Arg3: 0000000000000000, Optional error code (NTSTATUS) of the last failed operation.
Arg4: 0000000000000002, Optional internal context dependent data.

Debugging Details:
------------------
FAULTING_IP:
atikmpag+78c8
fffff880`03cd48c8 4883ec28 sub rsp,28h

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: GRAPHICS_DRIVER_TDR_FAULT

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x116

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`021649c8 fffff880`052c6000 : 00000000`00000116 fffffa80`072840c0 fffff880`03cd48c8 00000000`00000000 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`021649d0 fffff880`052c5d0a : fffff880`03cd48c8 fffffa80`072840c0 fffffa80`08f61d50 fffffa80`08f2e010 : dxgkrnl!TdrBugcheckOnTimeout+0xec
fffff880`02164a10 fffff880`0536cf07 : fffffa80`072840c0 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`08f61d50 fffffa80`08f2e010 : dxgkrnl!TdrIsRecoveryRequired+0x1a2
fffff880`02164a40 fffff880`05396b75 : 00000000`ffffffff 00000000`00043969 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000002 : dxgmms1!VidSchiReportHwHang+0x40b
fffff880`02164b20 fffff880`053952bb : 00000000`00000102 00000000`00000003 00000000`00043969 00000000`00000000 : dxgmms1!VidSchiCheckHwProgress+0x71
fffff880`02164b50 fffff880`053682c6 : ffffffff`ff676980 fffffa80`08f2e010 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : dxgmms1!VidSchiWaitForSchedulerEvents+0x1fb
fffff880`02164bf0 fffff880`05394e7a : 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`07568d50 00000000`00000080 fffffa80`08f2e010 : dxgmms1!VidSchiScheduleCommandToRun+0x1da
fffff880`02164d00 fffff800`03131fee : 00000000`fffffc32 fffffa80`08b4fb60 fffffa80`06a0c040 fffffa80`08b4fb60 : dxgmms1!VidSchiWorkerThread+0xba
fffff880`02164d40 fffff800`02e885e6 : fffff880`03088180 fffffa80`08b4fb60 fffff880`03093040 fffff880`01249384 : nt!PspSystemThreadStartup+0x5a
fffff880`02164d80 00000000`00000000 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiStartSystemThread+0x16
STACK_COMMAND: .bugcheck ; kb

FOLLOWUP_IP:
atikmpag+78c8
fffff880`03cd48c8 4883ec28 sub rsp,28h

SYMBOL_NAME: atikmpag+78c8

MODULE_NAME: atikmpag

IMAGE_NAME: atikmpag.sys

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 4ebb331c

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x116_IMAGE_atikmpag.sys

BUCKET_ID: X64_0x116_IMAGE_atikmpag.sys

---------
Update your ati graphics driver

http://support.amd.com/us/gpudownload/Pages/index.aspx

If you have overclocked your GPU reset to its initial value from bios settings

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/269199-bsod-error-0x124-random-intervals.html
Relevancy 71.38%

Hi there Even since I build Bugcheck Win at 0x124 occasions with BSOD random 8.1 this new computer last year in September I am plagued by irregular bluescreens but was able to solve them as I though by replacing the RAM after memtest deemed sticks faulty I bought the RAM nd-hand how stupid of me So here I was with brand new RAM happily computing away but still getting some Win 8.1 BSOD at random occasions with Bugcheck 0x124 blue screens from time to time so I re-installed Windows in February to bail out faulty drivers or something and it seems to be fine again but no the BSOD kept comming So I replaced the PSU since I thought it might be load-related issue and my W PSU was getting old anyway maybe it wasn't able to deliver the load reliable anymore Now I have a shiny new W RS GM from CoolerMaster but to no avail I've attached the SF diagnostics tool file collection to this post in the hopes someone might circle down Win 8.1 BSOD at random occasions with Bugcheck 0x124 the cause The last days I really got many bluescreens During gaming during browsing or just when the PC was idle and Win 8.1 BSOD at random occasions with Bugcheck 0x124 should have switched to standby after a while instead of restarting from a BSOD The latest BSOD had a bugcheck of x GenuineIntel PROCESSOR CACHE I googled that and suspect my CPU might be the cause of all this But before I start a RMA with Intel I want to be sure Maybe I can try to elevate reduce the issue by underclocking or something Everything in my PC runs on stock clocks no overclocking at all Running the RAM on JEDEC MHz V or XMP MHz V does not change the BSOD rate Thanks for any hints

A:Win 8.1 BSOD at random occasions with Bugcheck 0x124

The 3 latest dumpfiles are Bugcheck 124 and 133 all mention HAL.dll. This points to a hardware related problem. analysing the dumpfiles i suspect it is audiorelated. I have a hunch it is your incompatible audo hardware/drivers from Creative.
What devices are you using from Creative?
Please update to windows 8.1 compatible drivers or if these are not avaliable uninstall/remove these devices.
Driver Update Site: Creative Worldwide Support
Also please update your Cisco Vpn device , the driver is from 2008 and 2011
Driver Description: Citrix Deterministic Network Enhancer Miniport or Cisco Systems VPN ClientDriver Update Site: http://www.cisco.com

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/46922-win-8-1-bsod-random-occasions-bugcheck-0x124.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Hello,

I have a Lenovo IdeaPad Y580 and I recently got a blue screen while it was idle last night.

It is caused in address ntoskrnl.exe+6f400.

Specs:
Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
Intel Core i7-3630
Intel HD 4000 + Nvidia GeForce GTX 660M (switchable graphics)
1TB HDD
8GB RAM

Any help here?

Attached is the log.

Thanks,
Greatdrift

A:BSOD While Laptop Was Idle, ntoskrnl.exe

I'm still having the same issue and now my laptop is also freezing from time to time. My have to get it replaced within the next month or two.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/397391-bsod-while-laptop-idle-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Hello everyone,

I build a new system about 6 months ago.

Started having BSOD problems about a month ago.

Not exactly sure what the problem is so I am seeking some help.

Attached is a crash dump file.

I have checked a few crash dump files previously and mentioned the errors mentioned in the title in the probably caused by line.

The BSOD only happens when idle. It never happens if i am using the computer regularly or if I have a torrent running.

Any help is appreciated.

If you need the system specs. I will post them once I get home from work tonight.

Thanks,

A:BSOD While Idle - wdf01000.sys ntoskrnl.exe

It seems that Avast! AV is causing problems for you.

Code:
fffff880`02958758 fffff880`02cb0b4dUnable to load image aswSnx.SYS, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for aswSnx.SYS
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for aswSnx.SYS
aswSnx+0x5fb4d
fffff880`02958760 00000000`00003774
fffff880`02958768 fffff880`02958f60
fffff880`02958770 fffff8a0`00a87f90
fffff880`02958778 fffff800`031fe30d nt!ExFreePoolWithTag+0x22d
fffff880`02958780 00000000`0000001a
fffff880`02958788 00000000`00000000
fffff880`02958790 00000000`00000000
fffff880`02958798 fffff880`02ccdef6 aswSnx+0x7cef6
fffff880`029587a0 fffff880`02d31fd0 aswSnx+0xe0fd0
fffff880`029587a8 00000000`00000000
fffff880`029587b0 fffff8a0`00a87fd0
fffff880`029587b8 00000000`00000040
fffff880`029587c0 00000000`00000001
fffff880`029587c8 00000000`00000001
fffff880`029587d0 00000000`00000000
fffff880`029587d8 fffff880`03f64940Unable to load image aswSP.SYS, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for aswSP.SYS
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for aswSP.SYS
aswSP+0x2f940
Please remove it and replace with Microsoft Security Essentials & the Free version of Malwarebytes, update and make full scans separately: Uninstallers (removal tools) for common antivirus software - ESET Knowledgebase
Help protect your PC with Microsoft Security Essentials
Malwarebytes Free

Note
Do not start the trial version of MalwareBytes

You may also take a look at: Good & Free System Security Combination
And next time you get a BSOD. Grab all and upload a new zip.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/303774-bsod-while-idle-wdf01000-sys-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Hello everyone I have built this machine after my old one died burned after suspected psu BSOD idle, ntoskrnl.exe computer while failure Anyway BSOD while computer idle, ntoskrnl.exe I formatted the SSD and reinstalled windows x Unfortunately I keep getting BSODs in random situations - mostly when the PC is being idle but sometimes when I'm surfing the web I have not experienced any crashes during playing games At first I had HD taken from the old computer however I was experiencing video driver crashes and sometimes bsods during web surfing not gaming I tried reseating the card but that did not really help it kinda got worse so I removed it That seemed to help for a few days but the bsod are back BSOD while computer idle, ntoskrnl.exe now What I did I ran memtest for like hours no errors Chkdsk - no errors Enable driver verifier - gt caused a bsod blaming gdrv sys I uninstalled all gigabyte apps and renamed gdrv sys to gdrv old system booted up ok but after some idle time bsod again it said fltmgr sys was probably to blame Comodo seems to cause a bsod when verifier is enabled and I try to run SF Diagnostic Tool so i ran it from safe mode Success but I decided to reboot and disable C antivirus amp auto-sandbox that solved the cmdguard crash issue so I'm not sure if the last dumps are relevant I am clueless about the bsod cause please help

A:BSOD while computer idle, ntoskrnl.exe

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck C4, {e3, fffff880088a838d, 1fe300, 0}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for cmdguard.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for cmdguard.sys
Probably caused by : cmdguard.sys ( cmdguard+838d )

---------
Uninstall Comodo Firewall - use Windows firewall instead and monitor for further BSOD's.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/359398-bsod-while-computer-idle-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 70.95%

I have been a experiencing BSOD for over a is while common most PC BSOD ntoskrnl.exe idle month now It seems to only happen when my PC is idle for gt minutes Taking a peak with BlueScreenView the problem seems to be with ntoskrnl exe but I really do not know how to interrupt these results and come to a solution so I am reaching out to Seven Forums for some help Although ntoskrnl exe is the most common to appear there are a variety of BSOD while PC is idle most common ntoskrnl.exe error messages Attached is the data collected by SF Diagnostic hopefully this includes all the information we need to troubleshoot these BSODs A few extra notes I was having Blue Screens a few months back that also seemed to trigger when the PC was idle for some time or when booting Since then I reformatted my OS drive and for a while I did not experience any BSOD while PC is idle most common ntoskrnl.exe Blue Screens however the problem seems to have returned This immediately leads me to believe that is it a hardware issue but I am no professional troubleshooter When I recently was cleaning my custom built PC I noticed something particular about my RAM I am running GB x GB all the same brand and model however these sticks were purchased at different times as I felt like I needed more RAM I noticed that two of my sticks run at v while the other two run at v I have no idea if this information is relevant but I thought it was worth mentioning The sticks are all Corsair XMS series stick but they have different quot version quot numbers I currently have the v sticks paired in dual channel with each other and the v paired in dual channel with each other I look forward to any response and hopefully solving these annoying Blue Screens Thanks -Noodle

A:BSOD while PC is idle most common ntoskrnl.exe

I woul recommend You to test memory with built-in feautures or Memtest86

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/331320-bsod-while-pc-idle-most-common-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Computer has done this randomly ever since it was built. Sometimes it goes 1 day, sometimes it goes 2 weeks. It is on 24/7, and most of the crashes are while I am not working and it is just idling. Today it crashed while I was typing a post in Chrome.

Used WhoCrashed to find out that 5/6 crashes were ntoskrnl.exe, 1 was rt64win7.sys.
BugCheck names were: memory_management, bad_pool_caller, memory_management, system_service_exception, driver_irql_not_less_or_equal (rt64win7.sys), irql_not_less_or_equal

Have run memcheck and passed all tests with no errors.
After the rt64win7.sys/driver_irql_not_less_or_equal crash the BSOD said it was a tcpip.sys error so I updated my network drivers. Thought that fixed it as I had 15 days of uptime until today's crash.

Now I'm at a loss, hopefully someone can help.

A:BSOD 6 times, usually while Idle - ntoskrnl.exe

Hi Entropy42.

First of all, Update your ATI/AMD display driver to the latest WHQL. It is too old.

Code:
fffff880`07e05000 fffff880`07e5a000 atikmpag T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: atikmpag.sys
Image path: atikmpag.sys
Image name: atikmpag.sys
Timestamp: Wed Oct 26 06:51:58 2011 (4EA760B6)
CheckSum: 0005289A
ImageSize: 00055000
Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
You can get it from the link in our forum, Latest AMD Catalyst Video Driver for Windows 7, or you may go to AMD Graphics Driver and Software and opt for Automatically Detect and Install the appropriate driver for your card.

During installation, you may opt for advanced installation, and install the display driver only, not the Catalyst Control Center.

The realtek network driver is not too old; but it is failing (on hardware?).

Code:
BugCheck D1, {8089, 2, 1, fffff88001a839c3}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for Rt64win7.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for Rt64win7.sys
Probably caused by : hardware ( Rt64win7+1ac84 )

---------
Update it from Realtek ..... take the Win7 and WinServer 2008 R2 Auto Installation Program (the 4th one in the list).

Also, Test your RAM modules for possible errors.
How to Test and Diagnose RAM Issues with Memtest86+
Run memtest for at least 8 passes, preferably overnight.

If it start showing errors/red lines, stop testing. A single error is enough to determine that something is going bad there.

Let us know the results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/311691-bsod-6-times-usually-while-idle-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Hi everyone This is my first thread here so bear with me today I got my first BSOD in more than a decade and WhoCrashed told me this On Thu GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmp This was probably caused by the following module ntoskrnl exe nt x FA Bugcheck code x E xFFFFFFFFC xFFFFF B C x xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF Error KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED Idle ) (ntoskrnl.exe (wdf01000.sys) W8.1 and BSOD file path C Windows system ntoskrnl exe product Microsoft Windows Operating System company Microsoft Corporation description NT Kernel amp System Bug check description This indicates that a kernel-mode program generated an exception which the error handler did not catch This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem The crash took place in the Windows kernel Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time On Thu GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows memory dmp This was probably caused by the following module wdf sys Wdf x FC Bugcheck code x E xFFFFFFFFC xFFFFF B C x xFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF Error KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED file path C Windows system drivers wdf sys product Syst me d exploitation Microsoft Windows company Microsoft Corporation description Runtime de l infrastructure de pilotes en mode noyau Bug check description This indicates that a kernel-mode program generated an exception which the error handler did not catch This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is BSOD Idle (wdf01000.sys) and (ntoskrnl.exe ) W8.1 not likely to be caused by a hardware problem The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module Your system configuration may be incorrect Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time I recently added gb of RAM to my Gigabyte Z UD H motherboard and I believe this is where the problem stems from as this board apparently does not like its slots to be occupied I removed of them so I'm currently running gb of Corsair Vengeance ram Rest of my PC I K stock GTX MSI Gaming I also had a quot Wininit quot issue with the Issass which I thought was fixed in W Not sure if it has anything to do with everything above though Ran a virus scan nothing I attached the information you guys need I hope you will be able to pinpoint what caused all this if my little theory proves incorrect I should add that the second BSOD occured when while I was running a SFC SCANNOW and it crashed when I reached precisely

A:BSOD Idle (wdf01000.sys) and (ntoskrnl.exe ) W8.1

Hi Kezen & Welcome To the Forums ^_^,

Seems like you are a fan of NVIDIA :P
Anyways, I have analyzed your dump file and a summary has been provided below :-

Code:
**************************Thu Jul 3 16:36:13.047 2014 (UTC + 5:30)**************************
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32k.sys

*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for win32k.sys

Probably caused by : cdrom.sys ( cdrom! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+420 )

BugCheck 1E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff80037b1c375, 0, ffffffffffffffff}
BugCheck Info: KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (1e)

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x1E_c0000005_R

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x1E_c0000005_R_cdrom!_??_::FNODOBFM::_string_

MaxSpeed: 3500

CurrentSpeed: 3500

BIOS Version F5

BIOS Release Date 05/16/2013

Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.

Product Name Z87X-UD3H

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``

Below is a list of 3rd party drivers which I found on your system :-

Code:
**************************Thu Jul 3 16:36:13.047 2014 (UTC + 5:30)**************************
HECIx64.sys Tue Dec 18 01:02:21 2012 (50CF7345)
mvxxmm.sys Thu Jan 24 13:13:49 2013 (5100E635)
mvs91xx.sys Thu Jan 24 13:14:05 2013 (5100E645)
RTKVHD64.sys Tue Feb 26 18:08:48 2013 (512CACD8)
e1i63x64.sys Wed Mar 20 13:07:29 2013 (51496739)
RTL8192su.sys Thu Mar 28 13:11:32 2013 (5153F42C)
rikvm_38F51D56.sys Mon Jun 17 09:35:56 2013 (51BE8B24)
intelppm.sys Thu Aug 22 14:16:35 2013 (5215CFEB)
avkmgr.sys Mon Sep 16 16:44:23 2013 (5236E80F)
mbam.sys Wed Oct 30 21:41:45 2013 (52712FC1)
nvhda64v.sys Thu Nov 28 19:08:09 2013 (52974741)
iwdbus.sys Wed Dec 18 04:17:38 2013 (52B0D48A)
avgntflt.sys Thu Mar 13 22:19:28 2014 (5321E198)
avipbb.sys Thu Mar 20 13:16:51 2014 (532A9CEB)
MBAMSwissArmy.sys Fri Mar 21 03:42:35 2014 (532B67D3)
iaStorA.sys Fri Apr 4 04:30:05 2014 (533DE7F5)
dump_iaStorA.sys Fri Apr 4 04:30:05 2014 (533DE7F5)
nvlddmkm.sys Tue May 20 04:38:44 2014 (537A8EFC)

http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=HECIx64.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=mvxxmm.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=mvs91xx.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=RTKVHD64.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=e1i63x64.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=RTL8192su.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=rikvm_38F51D56.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=intelppm.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=avkmgr.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=mbam.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=nvhda64v.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=iwdbus.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=avgntflt.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=avipbb.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=MBAMSwissArmy.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=iaStorA.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=dump_iaStorA.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=nvlddmkm.sys

Could you please remove the below software and see if the BSOD's stop to occur or not? :-
1. Avira Antivirus
2. MalwareBytes using this **LINK**

Please do let us know in case you still face issues and we would be glad to help you out ^_^.

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/49341-bsod-idle-wdf01000-sys-ntoskrnl-exe-w8-1-a.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Hey Guys,

I'm getting more and more frequent BSOD's on a new build whilst gaming and idle or browsing the web. Blue Screen View is pointing it's finger at ntoskrnl.exe

My system is custom built, only about 1 month old.

Win 7 Professional SP1 (retail)
i5-3570k - stock
ASRock Z77 Extreme 4
Sapphire HD 7850 - stock
8gb G.Skill Ripjaws
Crucial M4 64bg boot drive
1.5tb external HDD
XFX Pro 750w PSU

I had messed around with a bit of OCing at the start but have everything set to stock now.

Mosy common culprits;

MEMORY_MANAGEMENT 0x0000001a

PFN_LIST_CORRUPT 0x0000004e

SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION 0x0000003b

Oh I reinstalled AVG the other day as there was 2 BSODs attributed to that so that does not seem to be causing trouble anymore

Hope I've attached everything ok.

Any help would be great!

:EDIT: I tried running the perform /report but it's just sitting there running and nothing is happening.

A:BSOD during gaming and idle - ntoskrnl.exe?

You included the executable for gathering the blue screen crash reports and not the reports themselves. Please follow the http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html more carefully and upload the full reports.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/237701-bsod-during-gaming-idle-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Hi,

I have been getting BSOD only on idle for weeks now and it is driving me crazy. I have tried re installing the drivers for audio and graphics and any other suggestion I could find. Also I have re installed the OS. I am OC to 4.0GHZ but have also tried on stock 3.2GHZ and get the same issues.

This new atikmdag.sys I have not seen before but previously it was saying driver dxgmms or something similar. This crash dmp has now been deleted off my pc for some reason so I cant double check.

Any advice would be great as it is useless for what I want it to do if it wont stay on.

Thanks in advance !

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/391303-bsod-when-pc-idle-atikmdag-sys-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Hello all, I would be very grateful for any pointers on this problem.

I've had an increasing number of bluescreens over the last couple of weeks which led me to download BlueScreenView to see if it offered any insight. Things I have tried so far:

Initially thinking it was a graphics card driver problem, various clean installs of newer and older versions.
Windows disc check
Windows memory test
11 passes of memtest86
But really I'm just flailing about at this point and don't have a clear idea what to try next. I have attached the files collected with the SF diagnostic tool.

Many thanks in advance.

A:ntoskrnl.exe BSOD mostly playing GW2 but also when idle

Code:
BugCheck 1E, {0, 0, 0, 0}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for cmudaxp.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for cmudaxp.sys

Probably caused by : cmudaxp.sys ( cmudaxp+72f64 )

Code:
0: kd> lmvm cmudaxp
start end module name
fffff880`0320b000 fffff880`033cd000 cmudaxp T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: cmudaxp.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\cmudaxp.sys
Image name: cmudaxp.sys
Timestamp: Fri Jul 23 10:55:38 2010 (4C49671A)
CheckSum: 00137D2B
ImageSize: 001C2000
The above driver belongs to several different possible devices, please update the driver to corresponding device:C-Media Audio Interface Driver (WDM) by C-Media - C-Media Electronics, Inc.
ASUS Xonar DG Audio Interface - ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download
HTO CLARO Audio Interface Driver - HT Omega - Driver Downloads

Code:
0: kd> lmvm nvlddmkm
start end module name
fffff880`04ed8000 fffff880`05983000 nvlddmkm T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: nvlddmkm.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys
Image name: nvlddmkm.sys
Timestamp: Fri Mar 15 01:37:00 2013 (51427B3C)
CheckSum: 00A8D47C
ImageSize: 00AAB000

Quote:
Version: 314.22
Release Date for Desktops and Notebooks : March 25th 2013
In Device Manager: 9.18.13.1422

This is the latest WHQL driver for your graphics card, please check within your Device Manager, if you have the latest version since the dump files can display the wrong dates sometimes.Download Driver
Start Type: Device Manager
Expand Display Adapters
Right-Click Driver Name, Uninstall
Reboot
Run Driver Sweeper
Reboot
Install Downloaded Driver
Driver Sweeper will scan for any left over files from the old driver, old driver files can cause conflicts with new driver installations. Create a System Restore point beforehand, in case any problems or issues arise.

Driver Sweeper:Drivers - Clean Left over Files after Uninstalling
Have you installed all the latest Windows Updates?Start
Type: Windows Update
Check for Updates/Install Updates
Reboot (if prompted)

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/290260-ntoskrnl-exe-bsod-mostly-playing-gw2-but-also-when-idle.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Hey guys so I've been getting some random BSOD errors every few days or so I usually leave my computer on when I am at work or sleep and either when I come home Random BSOD error ntoskrnl.exe (address driver ntoskrnl.exe+74ec0) or wake up my computer is off So I turn it on and it says that the computer didn't Random BSOD error driver ntoskrnl.exe (address ntoskrnl.exe+74ec0) shut down properly when I start up I downloaded the BlueScreenView and noticed I've had some BSOD three times within days One Random BSOD error driver ntoskrnl.exe (address ntoskrnl.exe+74ec0) was a PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA error which I believe was a RAM problem i bought new RAM and installed it plus OCed it to but I believe it was making my system unstable so I reset the speed to default and haven't gotten that error again but after that I've gotten two IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL errors related to ntoskrnl exe I did some research online and from what I read it could be a number of problems I'm just not sure where to start and could really use some guidance and advice I uploaded my dmp files for anyone who knows how to look at these Thank in advance

A:Random BSOD error driver ntoskrnl.exe (address ntoskrnl.exe+74ec0)

Welcome to 7F. I'll take a look at your dumps and see if I can get you BSOD free.

One

NETGEAR NEUTRAL WIRELESS SOLUTION

Your Netgear Neutral Wireless Solution driver has been flagged. It is quite old a could probably do with updating. Check for updates here
Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck A, {0, 2, 1, fffff800034c88ac}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for scmndisp.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for scmndisp.sys
Probably caused by : scmndisp.sys ( scmndisp+16d1 )

---------

1: kd> lmvm scmndisp
start end module name
fffff880`0188b000 fffff880`01895000 scmndisp T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: scmndisp.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\scmndisp.sys
Image name: scmndisp.sys
Timestamp: Fri May 27 11:30:22 2011 (4DDF7D3E)
CheckSum: 00009C0C
ImageSize: 0000A000

Two

HARDWARE DIAGNOSTICS

A few of your dumps (0x50, 0x124) are pointing towards hardware errors. 0x124s are usually always hardware errors but rarely give us an indication of what the problem actually is. In this case we may have struck lucky as this particular one shows up ASUS AI Suite III. The utilities listed below are the ones I'm concerned about.Attachment 353971

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Arguments:
Arg2: fffffa800752d028, Address of the WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure.
Arg3: 00000000bf800000, High order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.
Arg4: 0000000000000124, Low order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.

Debugging Details:
------------------
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x124_GenuineIntel

PROCESS_NAME: AISuite3.exe

CURRENT_IRQL: f

ANALYSIS_VERSION: 6.3.9600.17029 (debuggers(dbg).140219-1702) amd64fre
We have seen motherboard packaged utilities cause 0x124s in the past and it could be the case here.
Uninstall ASUS AI Suite III and test the system for stability.
Run SeaTools to check the integrity of your HDD. SeaTools for DOS and Windows - How to Use
Download and run MemTest86+ to test your RAM. RAM - Test with Memtest86+

Note
Attachment 353972 Run MemTest86+ for at least 8 passes. Ideally set it off before you go to bed and leave it overnight, we're looking for zero errors here. A single error will show something's going bad with your RAM.

Three

NVIDIA GPU

You've also received a 0x116 which is a VIDEO_TDR_ERROR (Timeout Detection & Recovery) which means your GPU driver has crashed and has failed to recover in time. This could be down to the driver, the card itself or possibly the power to the card.
Code:
******************************************************************************... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/365399-random-bsod-error-driver-ntoskrnl-exe-address-ntoskrnl-exe-74ec0.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Hello So I have an HP Pavilion dv z notebook running bit Windows it originally came with Vista pre-installed but I received an upgrade disc when came out HP Random Using BSOD dv6 Internet While Videos, and Games, 0x124 that I have for about years now It was running great HP dv6 Random 0x124 BSOD While Using Games, Videos, and Internet until about August or September last year when I HP dv6 Random 0x124 BSOD While Using Games, Videos, and Internet would occasionally get a blue screen when playing Fallout New Vegas which I had been playing on and off since Christmas This happened once every couple of weeks Since then slowly more programs things have been tripping the blue screen and the frequency has increased Now a number of games though mostly newer d games and minecraft have been setting it off Then I started having it also occasionally blue screen when using a web browser or watching a video file The notebook is a HP Pavilion dv z s n CNF HP dv6 Random 0x124 BSOD While Using Games, Videos, and Internet VRX p n NT AV with an AMD Turion x Dual-Core Mobile RM- cpu an ATI Mobility Radeon HD graphics card an Atheros AR b g n WiFi Adapter a gig hard drive gigs of ram and a blu-ray drive I don't know what the motherboard or sound cards are It is not being overclocked I don t even know how to overclock things even if I wanted to Also it is not a RAID drive as it only has one drive I have been trying to troubleshoot this myself and with the help of some friends who work in IT and electrical engineering but at this point I have run out of ideas I have reset to factory settings in December though that was due to a virus creeping in and ravaging windows so reinstalled and it now has a cleaner version on but the problem persists I've driver swept and reinstalled me drivers with no luck I have also virus spyware trojan and malware scanned finding nothing I've torture tested the CPU and it passed with flying colors I stress tested the memory with much the same result I replaced the hard drive thinking it could be an issue and no go there Then figuring it was a thermal issue I got a friend and we ripped the notebook open and replaced the thermal paste The fan seems fine and since doing it on the whole it has run quite a bit cooler since the CPU paste was pretty stiff That seemed to work for about two to three weeks and bam again another blue screen which is always the same regarding hal dll and ntoskrnl exe I know it is a x error and as such different to diagnose the issue since it is likely hardware related but I don t know what else to try to test figure out the problem Any advice on how else I can figure out what is wrong would be welcome since I cannot afford to replace this machine right now

A:HP dv6 Random 0x124 BSOD While Using Games, Videos, and Internet

Welcome

Your bug check is 124

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 124, {0, fffffa80051de038, b6000000, 181}

---------
Go through this for an insight:
Let us know what you've tried.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/253246-hp-dv6-random-0x124-bsod-while-using-games-videos-internet.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Will be editing this as I go as I may BSOD I lost my longer post being logged out new Mostly BSOD. Random, happening Still frequent 0x124. after install Started Random, frequent BSOD. Mostly 0x124. Still happening after new install last Saturday playing the new Resident Evil I'd been playing a week already I don't think it was particularly taxing on my system Hit a BSOD likely x Afterwards it was occurring consistently after login or near login Occasionally happening during the windows animation and in safe mode -disconnected other drives -Removed Video Card still removed -Uninstalled graphics drivers and remnants -updated BIOS and motherboard drivers -memtest first time ran fine ran a second time after updating BIOS and gave errors immediately -replaced RAM sticks same results -ran verifier and cleaned a couple old drivers out powerISO clonedrive -ran Malwarebytes and MSE when I was able MSE destroyed after BSODing while it was busy -ran diskcheck with no errors ran sfc scannow with repairs startup repairs Attempted Reinstall - BSOD on first attempt Second attempt successful with BSOD shortly after installing network adapter -disabled network adapter BSOD still occurred

A:Random, frequent BSOD. Mostly 0x124. Still happening after new install

Code:
Host Name: KENJI-PC
OS Name: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional
OS Version: 6.1.7600 N/A Build 7600
OS Manufacturer: Microsoft Corporation
OS Configuration: Standalone Workstation
OS Build Type: Multiprocessor Free
Registered Owner: Kenji
Its pointless troubleshooting a BSOD on an installation with outdated system files. The first thing to do is update Windows 7 fully - you have a quite a lot of updates to install.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/364094-random-frequent-bsod-mostly-0x124-still-happening-after-new-install.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Hello I've been getting random BSODs while using my computer. It occurs most frequently during gaming.
I have a gateway fx 6800-01e 3 years old running windows 7 home premium x64. I bought this as an upgrade from vista.
attached are my dump files performance report and system information. Please help. Thanks

A:BSOD at random times error 0x124 and 0x101

Combination of error codes 101, and 124, clearly points to hardware. Here are some ideas.
Stop 0x124 is a hardware error

If you are overclocking try resetting your processor to standard settings and see if that helps.

If you continue to get BSOD here are some more things you may want to consider.

This is usually heat related, defective hardware, memory or even processor though it is"possible" that it is driver related (rare).

Quote:
Synopsis:

Generic "Stop 0x124" Troubleshooting Strategy:

1) Ensure that none of the hardware components are overclocked. Hardware that is driven beyond its design specifications - by overclocking - can malfunction in unpredictable ways.
2) Ensure that the machine is adequately cooled.
If there is any doubt, open up the side of the PC case (be mindful of any relevant warranty conditions!) and point a mains fan squarely at the motherboard. That will rule out most (lack of) cooling issues.
3) Update all hardware-related drivers: video, sound, RAID (if any), NIC... anything that interacts with a piece of hardware.
It is good practice to run the latest drivers anyway.
4) Update the motherboard BIOS according to the manufacturer's instructions.
Their website should provide detailed instructions as to the brand and model-specific procedure.
5) Rarely, bugs in the OS may cause "false positive" 0x124 events where the hardware wasn't complaining but Windows thought otherwise (because of the bug).
At the time of writing, Windows 7 is not known to suffer from any such defects, but it is nevertheless important to always keep Windows itself updated.

6) Attempt to (stress) test those hardware components which can be put through their paces artificially.
The most obvious examples are the RAM and HDD(s).
For the RAM, use the in-built memory diagnostics (run MDSCHED) or the 3rd-party memtest86 utility to run many hours worth of testing.
For hard drives, check whether CHKDSK /R finds any problems on the drive(s), notably "bad sectors".
Unreliable RAM, in particular, is deadly as far as software is concerned, and anything other than a 100% clear memory test result is cause for concern. Unfortunately, even a 100% clear result from the diagnostics utilities does not guarantee that the RAM is free from defects - only that none were encountered during the test passes.

7) As the last of the non-invasive troubleshooting steps, perform a "vanilla" reinstallation of Windows: just the OS itself without any additional applications, games, utilities, updates, or new drivers - NOTHING AT ALL that is not sourced from the Windows 7 disc.
Should that fail to mitigate the 0x124 problem, jump to the next steps.
If you run the "vanilla" installation long enough to convince yourself that not a single 0x124 crash has occurred, start installing updates and applications slowly, always pausing between successive additions long enough to get a feel for whether the machine is still free from 0x124 crashes.
Should the crashing resume, obviously the very last software addition(s) may be somehow linked to the root cause.
If stop 0x124 errors persist despite the steps above, and the harware is under warranty, consider returning it and requesting a replacement which does not suffer periodic MCE events.
Be aware that attempting the subsequent harware troubleshooting steps may, in some cases, void your warranty:

8) Clean and carefully remove any dust from the inside of the machine.
Reseat all connectors and memory modules.
Use a can of compressed air to clean out the RAM DIMM sockets as muc... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/230456-bsod-random-times-error-0x124-0x101.html
Relevancy 70.52%

I have a PC I'm servicing that keeps going BSOD at random times.
USing WHOCRASHED, I get the generic 0x124, Hal.dll, WHEA Uncorrectable Error Response.

I managed to get a hold of the Microsoft DART software that has a crash analyzer. It points to mcupdate_authenticamd.dll

This PC is the same exact build as 20 Others at this company. This is the only one behaving this way.

We have updated the BIOS, removed/reinstalled AMD drivers, Chipset, VGA. Yet it continues.

Anyone have any experience with this?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/386096-random-bsod-0x124-whea-uncorrectable-error.html
Relevancy 70.52%

BSOD random, probably under heavy load situations. I dont know how to do.

DM log collector file attached

many thanks

A:BSOD random most times ntoskrnl.exe+748c0 and ntoskrnl.exe+74ec0

Hi berdini.

Code:
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: GS_FALSE_POSITIVE_MISSING_GSFRAME
Scan the system for possible virus infection with the following programs.
Anti-rootkit utility TDSSKiller
Windows Defender Offline
Let us know the results.

Code:
BugCheck F7, {fffff8800a01ff08, f8800125d135, ffff077ffeda2eca, 0}

Probably caused by : Ntfs.sys ( Ntfs!_report_gsfailure+26 )

---------

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/373211-bsod-random-most-times-ntoskrnl-exe-748c0-ntoskrnl-exe-74ec0.html
Relevancy 70.52%

I'm getting random Blue Screens and can't figure out why. I'm not running any hardcore programs. I'm mostly just using Microsoft Office and Firefox. The BSOD's seem to happen when I'm in Outlook, Excel or Firefox. Haven't been able to determine exactly which at the time as I'm moving back and forth between them quite often.

I've tried the SFC command and it didn't find anything. I used BlueScreenViewer but not a lot of help. All drivers for sound and video have been updated. I've also updated the firmware to the Crucial M4 SSD version 040H.

Any insight would be great.

Specs:
Laptop - HP EliteBook 8560w
CPU - Intel i7-2670QM
RAM - Hynix/Hyundai 8.0 GB Ram
SSD - M4-CT256M4 SSD
Audio - AMD High Definition Audio
Video - AMD FirePro M5950
OS - Windows 7 Pro 64-bit

A:Random BSOD Reporting ntoskrnl.exe+75c40 & ntoskrnl.exe+7efc0

Update the firmware of your Crucial M4-CT256M4SSD2.

And, Uninstall McAfee Using McAfee Removal Tool. Use Microsoft Security Essentials as your antivirus with windows inbuilt firewall, and free MBAM as the on demand scanner.
Download, install and update those, and then run full system scans with both of them, one by one.

Free up the startup.
Click on the Start button
Type “msconfig (without quotes), click the resulting link. It will open the System Configuration window.
Select the “Startup” tab.
Deselect all items other than the antivirus and touchpad driver SynTPEnh.
Apply > OK
Accept then restart.
Let us know the results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/281927-random-bsod-reporting-ntoskrnl-exe-75c40-ntoskrnl-exe-7efc0.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Timeline - Computer black screen's buzzing sound Restart no problem for the rest of the day Wasn't doing anything stressful - Same as above - Same as above - Same as above but instead of restarting immediately I waited for the sound to stop by itself Minidump created Bug ntoskrnl.exe bad_pool_caller BSOD when idle, basically check string IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL Bug check code x a Used Driver verifier minidump shows BAD POOL CALLER and x c Keeps driver verifier on bsods in BSOD when basically idle, bad_pool_caller ntoskrnl.exe minutes Decided to remove RAM Removes of gb sticks Get IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL error before I can even log in on win Remove other ram exact same thing happens Places both RAM both in so far no BSOD's but I feel it's just a matter of time The initial black screens were when my computer was in basic to complete idle Was on netflix or reddit BSODs minidump rar - Google Drive I've tried using winDBG only shows Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version AMD Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved Loading Dump File C Windows Minidump - - dmp Mini Kernel Dump File Only registers and stack trace are available Symbol Path validation summary Response Time ms Location Deferred SRV C SymCache http msdl microsoft com download symbols Symbol search path is SRV C SymCache http msdl microsoft com download symbols Executable search path is ERROR Symbol file could not be found Defaulted to export symbols for ntkrnlmp exe - Windows Kernel Version MP procs Free x Product WinNt suite TerminalServer SingleUserTS Built by amd fre th release - Machine Name Kernel base xfffff ff PsLoadedModuleList xfffff ff e cf Debug session time Sun Sep UTC System Uptime days ERROR Symbol file could not be found Defaulted to export symbols for ntkrnlmp exe - Loading Kernel Symbols Press ctrl-c cdb kd ntsd or ctrl-break windbg to abort symbol loads that take too long Run sym noisy before reload to track down problems loading symbols Loading User Symbols Loading unloaded module list Symbol Loading Error Summary Module name Error ntkrnlmp The system cannot find the file specified You can troubleshoot most symbol related issues by turning on symbol loading diagnostics sym noisy and repeating the command that caused symbols to be loaded You should also verify that your symbol search path sympath is correct Bugcheck Analysis Use analyze -v to get detailed debugging information BugCheck C ffffd ffffd c b Thank you in advance UPDATE Just read the posting instructions Attachment

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/62641-bsod-when-basically-idle-bad_pool_caller-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Hello guys im having some crashes with my computer -windows x -retail -os age is r months -hardware age is or months OS Windows Ultimate bit CPU Intel R Core TM i - K CPU GHZ Motherboard Asus Sabertooth p Memory GeIL GB DDR - Quad-Kit Graphics Card s ASUS ENGTX Sound Card onboard Monitor s Displays asus Screen Resolution N A Hard Drives Intel SSD gb While or ntoskrnl.exe+7cd40 Idle BSOD playing, wd gb PSU Cooler Master GX ive already ran memtest for hours which gave no errors so dont think its a hardware problem And also ran the driver BSOD While Idle or playing, ntoskrnl.exe+7cd40 verifier with caused the last - BSOD but i cant seem to understand what is causing it to blue screen Also i am running Eset smart security dont know if thats a problem or not and will attach the Dump files below i hope you guys can help me Oh and i also forgot to mention that i ran a sfc scannow on my pc and all files are OK My pc is in dutch sorry for that

A:BSOD While Idle or playing, ntoskrnl.exe+7cd40

Problem Devices:
Code:
WD SES Device USB Device USBSTOR \ OTHER & VEN_WD & PROD_SES_DEVICE & REV_2018 \ 574341563537373538373839 & 2 The drivers for this device are not installed.

Security Software (just to check that you have it and it is working properly; nothing needs to be done at this time):
Code:
egui.exe c:\program files\eset\eset smart security\egui.exe 1840 8 200 1380 4-4-2012 20:18 5.0.94.0 3,85 MB (4.035.152 bytes) 22-9-2011 13:03
ekrn.exe c:\program files\eset\eset smart security\x86\ekrn.exe 1936 8 200 1380 4-4-2012 20:18 5.0.94.0 952,09 kB (974.944 bytes) 22-9-2011 13:03

Code:
Loading Dump File [D:\Kingston\BSODDmpFiles\Woopiej\Windows_NT6_BSOD_jcgriff2\040412-13696-01.dmp]

Symbol search path is: SRV*C:\SymCache*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7601 (Service Pack 1) MP (8 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS
Built by: 7601.17727.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.111118-2330
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`0300c000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`03250650
Debug session time: Wed Apr 4 11:48:12.335 2012 (UTC - 6:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:00:16.288
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck A, {0, 2, 0, fffff8000309dc35}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KiPageFault+260 )

---------

2: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (a)
An attempt was made to access a pageable (or completely invalid) address at an
interrupt request level (IRQL) that is too high. This is usually
caused by drivers using improper addresses.
If a kernel debugger is available get the stack backtrace.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000000, memory referenced
Arg2: 0000000000000002, IRQL
Arg3: 0000000000000000, bitfield :
bit 0 : value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation
bit 3 : value 0 = not an execute operation, 1 = execute operation (only on chips which support this level of status)
Arg4: fffff8000309dc35, address which referenced memory

Debugging Details:
------------------
READ_ADDRESS: GetPointerFromAddress: unable to read from fffff800032ba100

CURRENT_IRQL: 2

FAULTING_IP:
nt!IopCompleteRequest+ae5
fffff800`0309dc35 488b09 mov rcx,qword ptr [rcx]

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VERIFIER_ENABLED_VISTA_MINIDUMP

BUGCHECK_STR: 0xA

PROCESS_NAME: AppleMobileDev

IRP_ADDRESS: ffffffffffffff89

TRAP_FRAME: fffff880067ab070 -- (.trap 0xfffff880067ab070)
NOTE: The trap frame does not contain all registers.
Some register values may be zeroed or incorrect.
rax=0000000000000001 rbx=0000000000000000 rcx=fffffa800dc15008
rdx=ffffff000226cff8 rsi=0000000000000000 rdi=0000000000000000
rip=fffff8000307f8e0 rsp=fffff880067ab208 rbp=fffffa800dc26590
r8=0000000000001000 r9=0000000000000080 r10=fffffa80082c4370
r11=fffffa800dc14008 r12=0000000... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/222817-bsod-while-idle-playing-ntoskrnl-exe-7cd40.html
Relevancy 70.09%

The following will be a pretty long post of what I've tried over the past couple days from reading this forum as well as STOP ERROR: 0x7E, mostly. 0x124 Random 0xA, Seemingly BSOD. a few others to get an idea of where to start In case someone only glances at this and ask me to post the memory dmp file as I have explained below at this point in Seemingly Random BSOD. STOP ERROR: 0xA, 0x7E, 0x124 mostly. time the computer will not boot into Windows Basic System Info - x -bit or x Windows Ultimate x - the original installed OS on the system None - an OEM or full retail version Full Retail - What is the age of system hardware Years - What is the age of OS installation have you re-installed the OS No more than hours Seemingly Random BSOD. STOP ERROR: 0xA, 0x7E, 0x124 mostly. More Detailed Specs Model Sager NP CPU Intel Core i - QM GPU ATI Mobility Radeon HD x in CrossFire RAM BG Two GB sticks HDD The one that wouldnt install Windows was a SeaGate GB currently a Hitachi GB HDD Came with a WD Scorpio Blue GB currently have the SeaGate GB in this slot as I wanted to try it one more time with the Windows install ofcourse it failed See below Other less detailed things Had my Razer Naga Laptop fan plugged into USB ports removed this when trying to boot into safe mode nothing in USB ports Built-in Webcam Fingerprint Reader RealTek D and Intel Centrino Ultimate -N I dont know if all of the above information is relevant but might as well post it as well Last week I decided to reformat my Sager laptop and do a fresh install Everything was fine for a while until about this weekend I started getting random blue screens or the computer would just restart Sunday night I continued reading up on the issues and doing some of the troubleshooting steps listed on this site At first I figured it was a driver issue and tried to reinstall the OS again and its been a couple days so I dont remember the exact error now I ran a HDD check with SeaTools it found a few errors I told SeaTools to repair it once it was complete I ran the check again and it came back clean I tried to reinstall Windows however it would come back with a x STOP ERROR It would expand the system fils install and I think about the time it went to boot into the new system is when the BSOD would occur Still getting BSOD on a new install I understand this would not be a driver issue I burned a copy of memtest to a USB with the executable from the site and let it run as I slept Wake up hours later no issues Pulled a Hitachi GB HDD out of the Gateway laptop I'm typing on now put it into my Sager and proceeded to install Windows SUCCESS Or so I thought After finishing to install drivers on my new OS downloaded them from the www sagernotebook com website checked device manager all seemed find Installed windows update updates on a fresh install and it blue screened again as per the title I have gotten different stop codes I believe this one was another x I ran the Windows Update again and checked it for BSOD in the meantime First thing I did upon reinstalling Windows was uncheck auto restart upon failure so if it did BSOD I wouldnt miss it Last I saw it was on around update or so almost finished but it however BSOD'ed again Forgot to mention the next thing I did after disabling auto restart was download RealTemp Furmark Earlier last week when all I had was an occasional BSOD and a random restart I always had MSI Afterburner running in the background while playing SWTOR and the GPU's never hit above C Running FurMark for a while the GPU's would reach around C for GPU GPU respectively Idle the GPU's were around C Idle the CPU would sit around C and I think the most it got while I was running Windows Update the test on the CPU with RealTemp was around C but never for long Also before I forget I also ran the Windows Memory Diag on Basic passes and again on Standard with passes after more blue screens no errors reported Though I have read that it could report no errors and the RAM actually is bad so ... Read more

A:Seemingly Random BSOD. STOP ERROR: 0xA, 0x7E, 0x124 mostly.

It's really hard to tell because there's very little raw data we can go on with this. It does sound that the memory is ok given your diagnostic runs on that, and it's evidently not the drive because you swapped drives and tested them and they came up ok. So we can rule those two out.

I feel we're dealing with the dreaded Trio of Trouble, which is CPU/Mobo/PSU. The WHEA errors (0x124 bugchecks) support this suspicion. Aside from some hardware tools like a PSU tester n stuff, there's unfortunately no definitive means of testing these items outside of placing them in perfectly reliable PCs. Not only that but we're dealing with a laptop here which makes things much worse in regards to swapping hardware, though it is a Sager which helps a bit. I still recommend you call them up and issue it for servicing, because it may be out of your service contract to try and replace these components yourself.

If you want, you can write down the numbers for the next 0x124 bugcheck you experience. There should be some parentheses with 4 numbers separated by commas. I need at least the last two. These will help me determine exactly what the error is for that particular bugcheck.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/239685-seemingly-random-bsod-stop-error-0xa-0x7e-0x124-mostly.html
Relevancy 70.09%

Hello,

Recently for Christmas I decided to upgrade my gaming rig, everything was going fine until around Janurary where I've been plagued with BSOD errors. They are quite random and have been happening while gaming, browsing and even just idling, there isn't really a pattern but I've noticed that the crashes have become much more frequent.

I thought it could be RAM at first, I ran Prime95 and got an instant BSOD error, but after running Passmark Memtest I've received no errors in 4 passes. I haven't got a clue what the issue could be.

I've attached the .zip file with the BSOD information as instructed. Hope anyone can help me out here, I will really appreciate it.

If any information is missing feel free to ask me, I'll try and answer it for you. Thanks!

A:Random BSOD errors while gaming/browsing/idling - 0x124 | hal.dll

I've managed to fix the errors. It turned out that my BIOS wasn't updated for there to be increased compatibility with Devil's Canyon CPU's, which just so happened to be mine. After installing the newest BIOS update, I ran Prime95 and there was no instant BSOD error and my processor ran very stable under maximum load. I'm just suprised that it was the BIOS considering I bought the motherboard back in December when upgrading my PC and it hadn't had a more recent BIOS update as standard. Oh well, thanks to anyone who was trying to help with this issue.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/360881-random-bsod-errors-while-gaming-browsing-idling-0x124-hal-dll.html
Relevancy 69.66%

Hi there I've been experiencing BSOD every idle couple of weeks) ntoskrnl.exe BSOD while - 0x00000050 (once issues on my computer BSOD (once every couple of weeks) while idle 0x00000050 - ntoskrnl.exe quite recently The issue started to occur when I noticed I had some trojans on my computer via a scan using symantec end point I tried to remove the trojans which were unsuccessful in the end I deleted the infected files manually hoping this would solve the issue This action seemed to corrupt the symantec end point protection program The IT guys uninstalled and then re installed symantec which then resulted in very frequent BSOD errors It seemed as if symantec was installing as corrupt In the end the IT guys installed a newer version of symantec end point this seem to have done the trick I came in on Monday to find that I had a BSOD error over the weekend At this point I ran CHKDISK Memtest repair system file checks you name it BSOD (once every couple of weeks) while idle 0x00000050 - ntoskrnl.exe At this point I believed the error was cleared a week went by and I was living the BSOD free life Today I came in to my computer being off checked the logs and another BSOD I think I've isolated the problem to ntoskrnl exe address in stack ntoskrnl exe f b However I have no idea what is triggering the problem the fact the my BSOD are happening out of work hours when the computer is IDLE is very perplexing I have attached my dump files I have had no recent hardware upgrades within the past months either Any light shed would be a great help Gurus

A:BSOD (once every couple of weeks) while idle 0x00000050 - ntoskrnl.exe

I might not be able to help that much because I'm on my phone so I can't look at the dump files but the bugcheck in the title indicates a page fault in a non paged area, meaning requested data is located in an area of memory that can't be paged out to disk. Anti virus programs, bad memory and corrupted NTFS partitions are the main causes. You said you ran memtest and found no errors so memory is ruled out. I would try replacing the anti virus with a different one, if that fails you try repairing windows.
Edit: I forgot to add that ntoskrnl.exe is the kernel so that isn't the actual cause, it's just that windows can't identify the driver causing the problem so it points it to the kernel.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/325673-bsod-once-every-couple-weeks-while-idle-0x00000050-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 69.66%

i have been having blue screens for around a month mostly while gaming but some times when idle some games have also been quitting randomly which might have something to do with it. i figured out that it has to do with ntoskrnl.exe. i attached a file with only my latest bsod because the others got deleted after running ccleaner. i have also ran memtest and not gotten any errors i will run it 5-8 more times just in case.

A:BSOD while playing games and idle caused by ntoskrnl.exe

just got another bsod dxgkrnl.sys

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/373048-bsod-while-playing-games-idle-caused-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Hey this is my first post,

I've read most of the instructions on posting and hope I've done it right. This is the second computer I've built in about a week that is having this same BSOD. I am new to debugging so I'd like to know if I've come to the proper conclusion. I'm using WinDbg x64 to read the files. The last system I replaced the processor and it worked fine.

This computer reboots randomly, usually within the first 3 minutes of operation. No programs running.

I've included the information from using the DM LOG collector as instructed.

A:BSOD Random, after Win7 boot. No programs running. Error Bugchk 0x124

It appears your CPU on this PC is causing issues.

Please follow these instructions and run Prime95 for around 2 hours.

Hardware - Stress Test With Prime95

If the PC blue screens when running Prime95 then please run it in Safe mode, if it still fails I'm afraid a new CPU will be the only option.

Code:
Common Platform Error Record @ fffffa8007559028
Record Id : 01cf5e3ffe2361e4
Severity : Fatal (1)
Length : 928
Creator : Microsoft
Notify Type : Machine Check Exception
Timestamp : 4/22/2014 15:35:32

Section 0 : Processor Generic
Descriptor @ fffffa80075590a8
Section @ fffffa8007559180
Offset : 344
Length : 192
Flags : 0x00000001 Primary

Proc. Type : x86/x64
Instr. Set : x64
Error Type : Cache error
Operation : Generic
Flags : 0x00
Level : 0
CPU Version : 0x00000000000306c3
Processor ID : 0x0000000000000000
In this case a Machine Check Exception has been called and it has found a Cache error within the CPU.

A machine check exception is when the CPU finds a fault and reports it, generally the CPU gets the blame but in this case it looks like the CPU is actually at fault.

Nine times out of ten it appears 0x124 errors are caused by a faulty CPU, other pieces of hardware can cause it but it's not as common.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/329325-bsod-random-after-win7-boot-no-programs-running-error-bugchk-0x124.html
Relevancy 67.94%

I have been getting the BSODs for days now started on They happened more or less at random times First time right after boot I launched a browser flash game and that killed it Then I was changing settings of Steam and it died again One more time happened while I was waiting for it to boot was not touching anything even browser games BSOD after boot/idle/playing flash (ntoskrnl.exe) Next time I did not launch any games was just doing browsing It was fine for minutes then I risked starting a flash game again played for minutes - bsod again I don't think all of these got logged but should be around - by now Used the BlueScreenView tool to see that the BSOD (ntoskrnl.exe) after boot/idle/playing browser flash games problem was caused by ntoskrnl exe Tried uninstalling the latest windows update critical update installed on BSOD (ntoskrnl.exe) after boot/idle/playing browser flash games but that did not solve the problem Reinstalling Windows is NOT an option for me since my Windows came on some restore CD thing that formats everything P S Sorry my Windows is in Russian so some of the log files ended up having a lot of Russian in it as well as some weird symbols caused most probably by some encoding errors

A:BSOD (ntoskrnl.exe) after boot/idle/playing browser flash games

Code:
BugCheck 3B, {c0000096, fffff800032c5e47, fffff88008eea5e0, 0}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!SwapContext_PatchXSave+a7 )

Code:
Usual causes: System service, Device driver, graphics driver, memory
Update:

Code:
1: kd> lmvm atikmdag
start end module name
fffff880`04832000 fffff880`05298000 atikmdag T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: atikmdag.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\atikmdag.sys
Image name: atikmdag.sys
Timestamp: Thu Nov 10 02:52:46 2011 (4EBB3C7E)
CheckSum: 00A1B01E
ImageSize: 00A66000
Your graphics card driver seems to be possible cause, and rather outdated, please update here - AMD Graphics Drivers & Software

Quote:
WHQL
Release Date: April 24th 2013
Version: 13.4
In Device Manager: 12.104

Remove:

Code:
Start Menu\Programs\Alcohol 120%
Start Menu\Programs\DAEMON Tools Lite

Quote: Originally Posted by Arc

Download SPTD standalone installer from Disk-Tools.com, and execute the downloaded file as guided below : Double click to open it.
Click this button only:

If it is grayed out, as in the picture, there is no more SPTD in your system, and you just close the window.

Daemon Tools and Alcohol 120% both use a driver called sptd.sys, which is known to cause BSODs with Windows 7. It is recommend you remove these programs, and use Windows own in-built features or ImgBurn.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/298176-bsod-ntoskrnl-exe-after-boot-idle-playing-browser-flash-games.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hey guys so I am in a bit of a pickle ntoskrnl.exe Random erros, BSOD, says Debug Random I have an HP m Random BSOD, Random erros, Debug says ntoskrnl.exe -k dx laptop and it is giving me hell I will get random BSOD's usually at or a short while after login They usually happen consecutively and then stop I was able to enable driver verifier in order to see what was wrong After it was enabled it did not crash so I decided to use memtest to check the RAM into the first pass it had detected errors So I tested each stick in each slot and it came back fine I then tested both sticks again and it came back without an error I tried to boot normally but I received multiple BSOD's I then booted into safe mode with networking and received a BSOD After that I booted into safe mode and was able to retrieve my minidump files After analyzing them on another computer each one says that it is probably caused by ntoskrnl exe Random BSOD, Random erros, Debug says ntoskrnl.exe What is my course of action from here on out I really have no idea what to do My mindump files are zipped and attached

A:Random BSOD, Random erros, Debug says ntoskrnl.exe

Set Optimized Defaults in the bios, then save. Check that storage is set to AHCI mode, if that is how it is currently set. If not, change the setting to that. Save.

Boot to Windows.

Download/install/run CPU-Z.

Type snippingtool into the Start menu then press Enter. Use it to make a screenshot of CPU-Z Memory tab.

Then, make a screenshot of the SPD tab - one for each stick of RAM you have. So if two sticks, two screenshots for this...etc... (Change the slot # to get to others, in top left of tab.)

Please attach the saved screenshots (.jpg format is good) to a new post here.

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/38876-random-bsod-random-erros-debug-says-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Hello Gentelman and I thank you all in advance,

New PC, and I'm getting BSOD randomly when the computer is idleing followed by a restart, before 11th of Dec there used to be 5 or 6 restarts a day, but after that time I updated windows 7 and now I'm getting 1 or 2 a day.

I ran memtest for a 7 pass test and showed no errors, any help would be highly appreciated.

My Windows 7 is . . . - x64 - Ultimate installed by myself. - Full retail version. - What is the age of system (hardware)? 1 month old. - What is the age of OS installation ? 1 month old.

A:BSOD on new PC very random on idle...

Try updating all your drivers to the newest avaible please.

Because you still have some 2009 drivers... even 2007
Do you even have SP1 installed ? OS Version: 6.1.7600 N/A Build 7600

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/202359-bsod-new-pc-very-random-idle.html
Relevancy 64.93%

I had several BSOD while I was using windows 8.1 all of the report says it was some sort of error with my western digital driver so i changed back to winwos 7 and I have been using it for a few weeks now with no BSOD untill just now while I left my PC idle and slept for a few hours.

I came back to a screen which said I just recovered from a BSOD, ind you i have spend like almost a 100 hours playing arma 3 and skyline the past few weeks with no problems at all.

So I hope you guys can find out wat is teh problem this time. THank you!

A:Random BSOD while Idle

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 124, {0, fffffa80070e8028, be000000, 800400}

Probably caused by : GenuineIntel

---------
0x124's are typically related to a hardware issue and can only be isolated by stress testing the major components.

If overclocking, reset all overclocks back to their default settings and then follow these:

RAM - run for a minimum of 8 consecutive passes
RAM - Test with Memtest86+

CPU - run the HIGH test
CPU - Stress Test Using IntelBurnTest

Video - run the FURMARK test for 20mins
Graphics Card Problems - Diagnose
Video Card - Stress Test with Furmark

Storage - run the SHORT test using the DOS version
SeaTools for DOS and Windows - How to Use

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/364106-random-bsod-while-idle.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Computer Specs Few weeks ago I created a thread about my BSOD while Random idle. constant BSOD I did everything asked now I got a random BSOD I'm not to sure why I'm hoping you guys can answer this The reason for my passed BSOD all the time is listed below Beforehand my computer somehow manage to do a random OC which was causing my computer to become unstable It was an under powered overlock It did a random blue screen last night and I'm not Random BSOD while idle. to sure why attached is the updated files Just to make sure you guys know I was unable to take off the Overclock for some odd reason Here is the current voltages and what my Processor is going at -Voltages- f bded f fee d b png -Processor Speed- f f cbc def png SIDE NOTE Just in case you guys do windows xp as well Considering i duel boot I'm getting the BSOD sometimes on this os as well Computer specs

Relevancy 64.93%

So here's whats been going on. For the last few weeks my PC has been restarting on its own. Most commonly at night, while playing Final Fantasy XI. Sometimes multiple times in a short span of time. Occasionally, it will also do it while I am not even home or awake.

I do not have the error codes listed by windows from a recent crash, but attached you will find the information requested in the BSOD posting instruction thread.

Basic PC info:
AMD Phenom II x6 1090T
ASUS Radeon HD6950 2GB
8GB Ram
Windows 7 Professional 32bit OEM - original installation
Approximate PC age: 2 years(probably a bit less)

A:Random BSOD, even while idle

Problem Devices:
Code:
MpKsla26b2e8c ROOT\LEGACY_MPKSLA26B2E8C\0000 This device is not present, is not working properly, or does not have all its drivers installed.
Universal Serial Bus (USB) Controller PCI\VEN_1033&DEV_0194&SUBSYS_84131043&REV_03\4&177D5649&0&0020 The drivers for this device are not installed.
AODDriver4.1 ROOT\LEGACY_AODDRIVER4.1\0000 This device is not present, is not working properly, or does not have all its drivers installed.
Microsoft Security Essentials is not properly installed. Uninstall through Start Menu -> Control Panel -> Uninstall a program. Then download a fresh copy of its installer and install it again. Microsoft Security Essentials - Free Antivirus for Windows

The USB Controller can be found at your motherboard's support site. Please fill in your system specs to get help with such problems in the future by following System Info - See Your System Specs.

Use the following sites to help with the AODDriver4.1 issue. Rage3D Discussion Area - View Single Post - The AODDriver4.1 service failed .... Cat 12.2 megaproblems

Device Manager : Hidden Devices may help supplement the steps in that link.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/230521-random-bsod-even-while-idle.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Hey all,

Been getting this for the past few months, longer than the minidumps I've recorded. Seems to be only when I've got firefox open (from memory) and doing nothing intensive. Never had a crash while gaming etc. I used to get a BSOD that was Norton related. I removed Norton and it stop, but this one cropped up soon after.

Any help would be massively appreciated.

Thanks!

A:Random idle BSOD

F4 is usually a storage/hard drive related crash. Do you have an SSD? If yes, please get the latest firmware for it.

Upload a screenshot of your hard disk using crystal disk info:CrystalDiskInfo - Software - Crystal Dew World
Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums
Run Disk Check on your hard disk for file system errors and bad sectors on it:Disk Check
Hard drive test both short and long with: SeaTools for Windows
Also the DOS version of:SeaTools for DOS

Code:
BugCheck F4, {3, fffffa800ad58b30, fffffa800ad58e10, fffff8000379c460}

---------------------------------------
BugCheck F4, {3, fffffa800a9099e0, fffffa800a909cc0, fffff8000377f460}

BugCheck F4, {3, fffffa800ad73b30, fffffa800ad73e10, fffff80003780460}

BugCheck F4, {3, fffffa800ad70b30, fffffa800ad70e10, fffff800037d7460}

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/261467-random-idle-bsod.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Hello guys this is Alexander from Greece in my second post I know you have heard this error milion times and i am very - WHEA 0x124 (63) Problem_error 41 Ntoskrnl.exe sorry about it But i have done a lot of things Ntoskrnl.exe Problem_error 41 (63) - 0x124 WHEA with no luck I am not a pc expert and i really dont know what to do any more You all are my last hope After that i will use my PC only for facebook My system specs and my minidmp files are included in the attachment files below i hope they can be opened and read My long story is this I bought a new PC at the beggining of this year and started playing Aion my previous PC was way lower than my current one and i had no problems with mmorpgs So i started playing and there goes the error stop error problem ntoskrnl exe kernel power etc you know the rest What happened is that my pc screen went black such as in save power my pc continued to work and i only was able to push ctrl alt delete to reboot my system So i bought Assassins Creed and finished it with no crashes But i wanted to test another mmo from a different company forsaken world and there goes again So i thought maybe mmorpgs are not getting along with me I bought Assassins Creed and finished with no errors And at May i bought i was waiting years for it the premium edition of quot The Witcher quot rpg But with no luck - crashes Crashes are random they may happen in minutes or hour or hours I myself downloaded dirextX components that were missing from direcx without any luck with the crashes I went to my technician and st we started by deactivating the one of the sound cards that where both fanctioning realtek and AMD No luck of course with the errors Then we changed the RAM by putting x GB instead of x GB and by adding new power supply of WATT instead of the WATT i had He said he did a check test at the graphic card and it is ok I am very sorry i wrote so much guys I am totally desperate and i really need your help Excuse my English language mistakes

A:Ntoskrnl.exe Problem_error 41 (63) - 0x124 WHEA

Hi -

Run SysInternals Load Order.

Download LoadOrd.exe from Microsoft TechNet - save to Documents folder -

http://live.sysinternals.com/LoadOrd.exe

RIGHT-click on LoadOrd.exe, select "Run as Administrator".

Click on "copy" - lower-right screen.

Paste into your next post using CODE brackets.

Code:
[CODE]

[/CODE]
Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/ntoskrnl-exe-problem_error-41-63-0x124-whea-576955.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Greetings all! New to the forums here.
Within the past week I've been getting numerous BSOD crashes. I've had some in the past that were related to the video card. Replaced the video card with a NOS replacement. That seemed to cure that problem. Three months later here I go again.

Here's what I'm runnng:

HP M9250F Desktop
Asus IPIBL LB Benicia MB
Intel Core2 Quad Q6700
4 gig of ram
Nvidia GeForce 8600GT
Haupauge NTSC and ATSC TV tuner
2 500 GB hard drives
1 1TB hard drive
Original OS Vista 64
Upgraded to Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

My dump and perfmon files are attached.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Greg

A:BSOD - Random Crashes while idle or in use.

Quote: Originally Posted by gjl9109

Greetings all! New to the forums here.
Within the past week I've been getting numerous BSOD crashes. I've had some in the past that were related to the video card. Replaced the video card with a NOS replacement. That seemed to cure that problem. Three months later here I go again.

Here's what I'm runnng:

HP M9250F Desktop
Asus IPIBL LB Benicia MB
Intel Core2 Quad Q6700
4 gig of ram
Nvidia GeForce 8600GT
Haupauge NTSC and ATSC TV tuner
2 500 GB hard drives
1 1TB hard drive
Original OS Vista 64
Upgraded to Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit

My dump and perfmon files are attached.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Greg

Hi Greg
Several issues here

I do notice Symantec which is a frequent cause of BSOD's. I would remove and replace it with Microsoft Security Essentials AT LEAST TO TEST
http://us.norton.com/support/kb/web_...080710133834EN

Microsoft Security Essentials - Free Antivirus for Windows

Second, Old drivers

Code:
mdmxsdk.sys 6/19/2006 4:27:26 PM fffff880`07bba000 fffff880`07bbe280 0x00004280 0x449716be
pcouffin.sys 12/5/2006 9:39:30 AM fffff880`0f464000 fffff880`0f478380 0x00014380 0x457584a2
ManyCam_x64.sys 3/13/2008 2:46:01 AM fffff880`04fd2000 fffff880`04fd8a00 0x00006a00 0x47d8dbb9
sxuptp.sys 9/11/2008 11:34:19 PM fffff880`052f8000 fffff880`05346000 0x0004e000 0x48c9f14b
RimSerial_AMD64.sys 11/24/2008 12:01:01 PM fffff880`04e9b000 fffff880`04ea2c00 0x00007c00 0x492addcd
CAX_DP.sys 2/13/2009 4:18:25 PM fffff880`04c7d000 fffff880`04df1000 0x00174000 0x4995e3a1
CAX_CNXT.sys 2/13/2009 4:19:32 PM fffff880`04ea3000 fffff880`04f6e000 0x000cb000 0x4995e3e4
CAXHWBS2.sys 2/13/2009 4:21:18 PM fffff880`04c0d000 fffff880`04c7d000 0x00070000 0x4995e44e
XAudio64.sys 4/29/2009 1:21:07 PM fffff880`08109000 fffff880`08111000 0x00008000 0x49f89a93
netr7364.sys 5/24/2009 2:36:51 AM fffff880`06ee4000 fffff880`06f84000 0x000a0000 0x4a18f913
PdiPorts.sys 6/23/2009 5:44:14 PM fffff880`04ff2000 fffff880`04ffb000 0x00009000 0x4a415abe
How To Find Drivers:

Quote:
- search Google for the name of the driver
- compare the Google results with what's installed on your system to figure out which device/program it belongs to
- visit the web site of the manufacturer of the hardware/program to get the latest drivers (DON'T use Windows Update or the Update driver function of Device Manager).
- if there are difficulties in locating them, post back with questions and someone will try and help you locate the appropriate program.

- - The most common drivers are listed on this page: Driver Reference Driver Reference
- - Driver manufacturer links are on this page: Drivers and Downloads

After those issues are resolved , if you continue to have BSOD's we can look for the underlying problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/203091-bsod-random-crashes-while-idle-use.html
Relevancy 64.07%

I'm not sure what is the cause of it as I stepped away to do some cleaning and noticed my PC restarted and I apparently bsod when I saw the error. Typically I can figure it out BlueScreenView but this time it's giving me ntoskrnl.exe so that didn't really help much. Only relevent information I can think of is I didn't have any crashes previously but yesterday I did some windows updates.

I attached the DM log zip.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/402503-random-bsod-while-computer-idle.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi Guys,

I've been experiencing somewhat random BSoD and restarts. Since this new upgrade it seems to have increased somewhat, but have had issues with BS for some time. I DO realize Windows is not infallible, lol, so a BSoD every now and then is no real concern to me, however, when they occur daily, and sometimes multiple times like this morning (4x within a 45 minute span) I begin to get a bit concerned.
I've used "whocrashed" and have had it suspect ntfs.sys 2x, dxgmms1.sys 1x, and ntoskrnl.exe 1x

I know eventually I would figure this out on my own, but it will take me 100x longer than asking for help, seeing as I'm not the sharpest knife in the drawer when it comes to these things.

Please let me know what you need and I'll gladly do my part!

Thank you Sirs

A:Random BSoD usually occuring after having sat idle

Welcome to the forum.
Start Menu\Programs\DAEMON Tools Pro Public:Start Menu\Programs\DAEMON Tools Pro Public
Remove Daemon Tools/Alchohol completely. SPTD.sys is known to cause BSODs.How to remove sptd.sys from system
Registry and SPTD problems | DAEMON Pro Help

If you are overclocking any hardware, please stop. Reset any changed values back to default and reset/clear CMOS: Clear CMOS - 3 Ways to Clear the CMOS - Reset BIOS. Uninstall any overclocking tool as these can also be a reason of blue screens.

Code:
Start Menu\Programs\ASUS\AI Suite II Public:Start Menu\Programs\ASUS\AI Suite II Public
AI Suite is an overclocking tool and can cause issues. Please remove it for testing purpose.Revo Uninstaller "Free"Use Revo Uninstaller to uninstall stubborn software. Opt for Advance Mode while uninstalling. This allows you to remove leftover registry entries of the software.Link to download: Download Revo Uninstaller Freeware - Free and Full Download - Uninstall software, remove programs, solve uninstall problems
Microsoft Security Essentials & the Free version of Malwarebytes, update and make full scans separately:Uninstallers (removal tools) for common antivirus software - ESET Knowledgebase
Help protect your PC with Microsoft Security Essentials
Malwarebytes Free

Note
Do not start the trial version of MalwareBytes

Also take a look at: Good & Free System Security Combination
Virus Check:Make scans with these tools below:TDSSKiller Rootkit Removal Utility Free Download | Kaspersky Lab US
Online Virus Scanner Eset
Application conflict:Reduce the start-up items. This will help avoid software conflicts:Remove Startup Programs in Windows 7
Clean Startup in Windows 7
System File CheckerThe SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker scans the integrity of all protected Windows 7 system files and replaces incorrect corrupted, changed/modified, or damaged versions with the correct versions if possible. If you have modified your system files as in theming explorer/system files, running sfc /scannow will revert the system files to it's default state.Link to full tutorial: SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker
Run Disk Check in Windows 7Run this on your Hard Drive(s). This will show you how to run Check Disk or chkdsk in Windows 7 to check a selected hard disk for file system errors and bad sectors on it. With both boxes checked for all HDDs and with Automatically fix file system errors. Post back your logs for the checks after finding them using Check Disk (chkdsk) - Read Event Viewer LogLink to full tutorial: Disk Check
Follow:

Quote: Originally Posted by writhziden

If you have an SSD, make sure the following are up to date:SSD firmware
BIOS Version
Chipset Drivers
Hard disk controller drivers/SATA drivers
If you have a Marvell IDE ATA/ATAPI device, make sure the drivers are up to date from the Intel site or Marvell site and not from your motherboard/vendor support site.

Let us know the results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/309746-random-bsod-usually-occuring-after-having-sat-idle.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hello my computer appears to BSOD randomly.

I haven't really noticed any particular activity which set these off and am at a loss of what to do.

I'm using a retail copy of windows 7 with service pack 1 and I have attached the BSOD files

Many thanks

A:Random BSOD when computer idle and in use

Problematic Software:
Code:
ksafesvc.exe c:\program files (x86)\kingsoft\pcdoctor\ksafesvc.exe 1664 8 200 1380 20/05/2012 16:27 3.7.0.44 283.91 KB (290,720 bytes) 10/04/2012 18:07
ksafetray.exe c:\program files (x86)\kingsoft\pcdoctor\ksafetray.exe 3008 8 5120 5120 20/05/2012 16:27 3.7.0.47 725.41 KB (742,816 bytes) 11/04/2012 07:35

Gigabyte Utilities
Many of us on the forums actually do not recommend automated optimization tools for Windows 7. Windows 7 does a much better job of handling its own optimization than its predecessors did. We especially do not recommend registry cleaning as an "optimization" step because automated registry cleaning causes more harm to the registry than it actually repairs.

In the future, if you need help optimizing Windows 7, please post a thread in Performance & Maintenance - Windows 7 Forums or follow the tutorial enclosed in that forum to Optimize Windows 7.

Remove any Gigabyte utilities. Many of these are problematic because they provide software overclocking for the hardware, and the hardware interfaces can cause instability on some systems.
Crashes caused by your USB wireless network adapter, which is old and has old drivers. USB wireless network adapters often cause instability because USB cannot provide the power needed for the devices to function properly. Couple that with an old driver, and you are almost guaranteed to have blue screen crashes. Please replaced your USB device with an up to date PCI adapter.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/230745-random-bsod-when-computer-idle-use.html
Relevancy 64.07%

I'm not sure what's causing this, but I've been getting BSODs over the past few weeks. I think two of them occurred when I tried to restart from the Start menu - it got to the splash screen for shutting down, then stayed there for a minute or two, then BSOD'ed. The other ones occurred at seemingly random times, often when the computer has been just idling.
I keep my laptop on my desk, usually plugged in. I try to restart once a week or so.

SFC found no errors. CrystalDiskInfo and CPUID screenshots attached as well

Thanks!

A:Random BSOD on restart, idle

Make sure your dump logging is enabled.
Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
Double-click System.
Click the Advanced tab, and then click Settings under Startup and Recovery.
Check Write an even to the system log, and Automatically restart.
In the Write debugging information list, click Small memory dump (256k).

Location of Dumps:
C:\Windows\minidump

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/378990-random-bsod-restart-idle.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Heya!
I got few BSOD without clear reason.
Here's little about my setup (custom made):

i5-4670K 3.4Ghz (first it was OC'd to 4.2ghz stable, tested with prime95 for 12h. after 2 bluescreens i dropped it to default settings. system is running <50?C even with 100% CPU usage, with or without OC)
Gigabyte Z87-D3HP
MSI Geforce GTX 660 2048mb
Noctua NH-D14
Kingston HyperX blu 8gb 1600MHz DDR3 CL9 xmp
Samsung 840 EVO SSD 250gb

Got so angry when I lost my diablo 3 char coz of BSOD

logs gathered with SF tool, please ignore atleast 3 first dumps. They were caused by OC failures

Thank you!

A:Random BSOD few idle and few playing.

I ran last night memtest86 ~8h: zero errors. Also I ran earlier Prime95 blend w/o errors and for last GPU burn test with FurMark also w/o errors.
So this must be software related

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/331289-random-bsod-few-idle-few-playing.html
Relevancy 64.07%

So no Random BSOD. when idle, reboots i've built many computers but never come over this problem before My computer randomly reboots back into windows when I leave it idle for a longer period of time Last night it took about hours from i left my computer untuil it rebootet During this time an automated process started downloading different things They were all completed when i logged back in today All of this started a while back Random reboots when idle, no BSOD. for no reason no new driver no new hw After a week i changed a storage hdd Random reboots when idle, no BSOD. and at the same time moved my SSD with OS on from one SATA port to another Suddenly I had no problems Then used a normal HDD in the SATA port that was used for SSD earlier with no problems Now ive done further upgrades and are running low on SATA ports so i had to swap my SSD back into it's old SATA port and the problem occoured the next night I realize that the problem might be the SATA port but that sata port out of should give this problem and that the other SATA port in the same chipset is working fine makes no sence The SATA port also works fine with other hdd's its just when i use my OS SSD on it The SATA port in question is Port of the Gb s ports on the Intel Z chipset Intel Z chipset x SATA Gb s port s gray x SATA Gb s port s blue Support Raid Supports Intel Smart Response Technology Intel Rapid Start Technology Intel Smart Connect Technology In Port there is a tb hdd that works fine This hdd was in port earlier and worked fine the SSD have the same problem in Port but port and works fine Those are only Gb s And yes I am aware that the Gb s port is good enough Done some research but can't really find any good answer to what is going on Here is the only logg i got from my computer The previous system shutdown at AM on was unexpected - lt System gt lt Provider Name quot EventLog quot gt lt EventID Qualifiers quot quot gt lt EventID gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt xxxxxx-xx lt Computer gt lt Security gt lt System gt - lt EventData gt lt Data gt AM lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Binary gt DE C E A C DE C E A C C C lt Binary gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt Computer specs are OS Windows Ultimate bit Cpu Intel i k Ram x GB Corsair Vengance mhz CL Gfx Sapphire Radeon HD Flex Psu Mist wat SSD Samsung Pro GB HDD's x WD Red TB x Spinpoint F TB

A:Random reboots when idle, no BSOD.

Hello and welcome ThaProZac mate I have just had a very similar problem with my Ivy Bridge (P8Z77-V board) and I lost connections to the front dock a from a couple of the 6GBs SATA ports.

Now I don't know how or why but just reinstalling the Asmedia driver (there are Intel and Asmedia drivers) for these put things back on track just as I was thinking the front docking ports were trashed. So it might be worth running the drivers for those ports again.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/324987-random-reboots-when-idle-no-bsod.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Can always shut down PC and reboot normally. No new hardware but for monitor - Dell U2413 Several BSOD at random times. No common denominator that I can see. Have run the sevenformus program and attached the zip file that was created per the instructions. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Jim

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/394921-bsod-during-idle-desktop-during-random-use.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi,

I having random BSOD while the laptop is idle. When I check the dmp, it is saying that the cause is ntoskrnl.exe. I've tried running the check disk but it doesnt seem to fix the problem.

Need help.

Here are the dmp files:

A:Random BSOD while laptop is idle

STOP 0x0000009F: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE (go to top of page)

Usual causes: Device driver

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 9F, {3, fffffa8007512a10, fffff80003c073d8, fffffa800e6a2010}

Probably caused by : pci.sys

---------
run this

Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/272302-random-bsod-while-laptop-idle.html
Relevancy 64.07%

I have been Having this problem at 124 idle Random bccode BSOD for a while I have been chasing down ssd problems and memory problems and psu problems Now that all those are fixed i am still having problems Randomly at idle it will restart Random BSOD at idle bccode 124 or shut down I have included mini dumps Have run mem test on replacement memory Have run many stress test All computer info is in sig Have started to chase down the software side like getting rid of avast I have noticed that after a crash when using my event viewer that i seem to have alot of amd northbridge errors I have updated those drivers with no change Any help i am very thankful for I hope i have not missed any steps that might help solve this problem Thank you Edit i have also removed my video card in hopes of eliminating other hardware issues System Manufacturer Model Number Homebuilt OS Windows home premium bit CPU Amd phenom II x Deneb Motherboard Asus M A Random BSOD at idle bccode 124 -M Memory Crucial x gb sticks pc - Graphics Card Xfx radeon hd Sound Card N a Keyboard Logitec wireless mk keyboard and mouse PSU Corsair gs Case Thermaltake armor lcs Cooling Corsair a Hard Drives gb ocz sad solid boot seagate tb x gb gb

A:Random BSOD at idle bccode 124

Run Prime 95 to test your CPU. Carefully the instructions in this tutorial: CPU - Stress Test with Prime95. Run 3 separate tests, one on each of the settings (Blend, Small FFTs, Large FFTs). Post back with your results.
Note that this test may overheat the CPU, ensure proper cooling

Are you overclocking?

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 124, {0, 8beb95b4, 0, 0}

---------

0: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Arguments:
Arg1: 00000000, Machine Check Exception
Arg2: 8beb95b4, Address of the WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure.
Arg3: 00000000, High order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.
Arg4: 00000000, Low order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.

Debugging Details:
------------------

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT

STACK_TEXT:
88399cc4 82ee0b2d 8beb9598 82f778c8 82f778c0 nt!WheapCreateTriageDumpFromPreviousSession+0x32
88399ce4 82ee1957 82f778c0 8beb9598 82f778f0 nt!WheapProcessWorkQueueItem+0x56
88399d00 82e8ca6b 82f778c0 00000000 86393798 nt!WheapWorkQueueWorkerRoutine+0x1f
88399d50 83017fda 00000001 b88c48bd 00000000 nt!ExpWorkerThread+0x10d
88399d90 82ec01d9 82e8c95e 00000001 00000000 nt!PspSystemThreadStartup+0x9e
00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 nt!KiThreadStartup+0x19

MODULE_NAME: hardware

IMAGE_NAME: hardware

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x124_AuthenticAMD_PROCESSOR_CACHE_PRV

BUCKET_ID: 0x124_AuthenticAMD_PROCESSOR_CACHE_PRV

---------

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/197053-random-bsod-idle-bccode-124-a.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hello,

i dont know why, but my Pc is having a hard Time.
It has many BSODs since some months (2) ago, and i still couldnt fix the problem.
I already tested the ram with memtest.
CPU/GPU stresstest.
Antivirus checkup.
Malewarebites checkup.
Also did a Clean windows instalation 5 times already
Everything is OK but i still get BSOD.

last 2 error codes i got was:
0x00000050
atikmdag.sys

and

0x0000003B
System_service_Exception
I also read here in the forum and did already a "Check Windows for corruption" SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker with no Errors.
i Hope u can help me!
Thx

My System:
-Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3 ,Intel P35, ATX, PCI-Express
-Intel Core 2 Duo E6750 Tray 4096Kb, LGA775, 64bit, Conroe
-Samsung HD501LJ 500GB 7200,16 MB Cache
-Samsung SH-S182D bare schwarz
-be quiet! Straight Power 500 Watt E8
-2GB-KIT DDR2 MDT , PC6400/800, CL5 (2 times)
-Creative Sound Blaster X-FI Xtreme Gamer
-ATI Radeon HD 5750

A:Getting random BSOD! sometimes during gaming or idle!

Hello,

Since no1 answerd yet i started to try other stuff.
I changed my Graphiccard (with the one on my Parents PC)
so now i traded my ATI HD 5750 for a Nvidia GTX 260.
Everything was working fine but then, again Bsod with this codes:
0x0000007E and right after boot another1 with the code 0X00000024

So i made a backup of all important files and started a new Clean Installation of windows 7.
Right after the installation on the Starting Screen of Windows 7 i got a new BSOD with this code:

0x00000019
Bad_Pool_Header

Im desesperate :S
Hoping for any support

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/238805-getting-random-bsod-sometimes-during-gaming-idle.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hello I would first like to say that I have been trying to fix this error for sometime now I have been building computers for at least - years now and never had random sitting when idle. BSOD, even this problem I bought parts to build a pc for my girlfriend parts list down below Put it together like I normally would and then proceeded to install all updates and drivers About mins in I get a blue screen I had not enabled mini dump at the time So the blue screen did not get logged I thought nothing of it and continued to do my thing After doing that many more occurred My girlfriend being very picky asked if BSOD, random even when sitting idle. i could return all the parts and get BSOD, random even when sitting idle. a replacement so trying to please her I sent them all back the only parts i did not send back were the SSD and TB hard drive as well as the wireless adapter Got all the parts back again and I am once again after reformatting the hard drive and SSD and doing a fresh install of windows getting blue screens again but not as frequent I have only got - so far PC PARTS CPU i - k NOT OVERCLOCKED MOBO Asus Sabertooth z mark RAM gigs of Corsair vengeance mhz HDD tb western digital SSD Samsung gb GPU GTX ti PSU Corsair AX i WIRELESS CARD TPLINK TL-WDN BLUE SCREEN ERROR Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode BCP BCP FFFFFA E BCP FF BCP OS Version Service Pack Product More in depth blue screen - - dmp AM x fffffa b ff ntoskrnl exe ntoskrnl exe bc NT Kernel amp System Microsoft Windows Operating System Microsoft Corporation win sp gdr - x ntoskrnl exe bc C Windows Minidump - - dmp AM That is everything you will hopefully need Thank you everyone for your time Also thank you in advanced for the help

A:BSOD, random even when sitting idle.

Also I did some poking around, I was looking through my Device manager and I saw a yellow mark next to it "PCI simple communications controller" I looked into it and saw that I needed to up date my chipset driver. I downloaded the Chipset driver and intel management engine and the yellow mark went away. I also got all the updated drivers from Asus as well. I also read on a forum that the newer the mobo/chipset is, the more it will relay on the driver. I'm not sure if that was what was causing my blue screen. can someone verify this info?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/341751-bsod-random-even-when-sitting-idle.html
Relevancy 64.07%

I get 2-4 times in a 3 hour period a 117 BSOD.

This can happen right after a reboot... or after hours of use. There is no pattern. Sometimes a game is open- sometime a browser is open.

I've tried many driver versions... re-installed the OS from scratch. Nothing I do seems to resolve it for any extended period of time.

Attached debug files..

A:Random BSOD 117 Even when computer is idle.

Hello and welcome Hal mate can you run Speccy and let us know the temps please? http://www.piriform.com/speccy/download

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/331560-random-bsod-117-even-when-computer-idle.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi I have several logs of errors They while moments idle. and random BSOD all seem different A couple weeks ago I could start to see red colors on dark BSOD random moments and while idle. ones As if my black became redish Kinda like artifacts Now I get BSOD very often Every - minutes Sometimes it reboots sometime it bsod again Also sometimes it will reboot without detecting my video card Code System Information ------------------ Time of this report Machine name SICK-PC Operating System Windows BSOD random moments and while idle. dition Familiale Premium -bit Build win gdr - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer System manufacturer System Model System Product Name BSOD random moments and while idle. BIOS BIOS Date Ver Processor Intel R Core TM i - K CPU GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Available OS Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX DX Setup Parameters Not found User DPI Setting Using System DPI System DPI Setting DPI percent DWM DPI Scaling Disabled DxDiag Version bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ Display Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D retail DirectDraw retail DirectInput retail DirectMusic retail DirectPlay retail DirectSound retail DirectShow retail --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name NVIDIA GeForce GTX Manufacturer NVIDIA Chip type GeForce GTX DAC type Integrated RAMDAC Device Key Enum PCI VEN DE amp DEV E amp SUBSYS amp REV A Display Memory MB Dedicated Memory MB Shared Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Name Moniteur Plug-and-Play g n rique Monitor Model ASUS VE Monitor Id ACI F Native Mode x p Hz Output Type DVI Driver Name nvd dumx dll nvwgf umx dll nvwgf umx dll nvd dum nvwgf um nvwgf um Driver File Version English Driver Version DDI Version Driver Model WDDM Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo'd n a WHQL Date Stamp n a Device Identifier D B E E- A - CF- E- D FC C Vendor ID x DE Device ID x E SubSys ID x Revision ID x A Driver Strong Name oem inf NVIDIA SetA Devices NTamd Section pci ven de amp dev e Rank Of Driver E that is my setup Signature du probl me Nom d v nement de probl me BlueScreen Version du syst me Identificateur de param tres r gionaux Informations suppl mentaires sur le probl me BCCode d BCP FFFFEA F B BCP BCP BCP FFFFF A OS Version Service Pack Product That is the one I just got I am not a god with BSOD so please be patient with me I am willing to try anything you ask me for Thank you for your time and help Appreciated

A:BSOD random moments and while idle.

You don't have all the necessary files attached. Please run the BSOD Dump & System File Collection app from the below link and upload the .rar file.
http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/239970-bsod-random-moments-while-idle.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Usually it happens when I am playing a game BF CS GO GW but sometimes it happens while idling or while I am browsing the internet I have tried to resolve the issue myself but without success so here is everything I have done recently to fix the issue Reformat did not work Default BIOS settings did not work while Random or gaming BSOD idle no overclocking anyways Random BSOD while gaming or idle Tweaked BIOS ram settings to XMP which made the issue happen less frequent went about a two weeks with no restarts I know that voltage readings from BIOS aren't very reliable but the v is running around - v for the past couple of months I tested the PSU with a multimeter and everything was OK I switched out my GTX for a spare GT and did not get a restart but with how random they are I can't blame the video card definitively I am at a loss for ideas Any help would be appreciated If you need anymore info let me know I thought the issue had been resolved previously in http www sevenforums com crashes-d ml post Sorry for the repost but I was unable to get help in the previous topic Thanks in advance Regards xTko

A:Random BSOD while gaming or idle

The last couple of dumps indicate a timeout after an attempt to reset the video dirver. Are you sure you have the correct drivers for your OS and card?

Code:

Loaded symbol image file: nvlddmkm.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys
Image name: nvlddmkm.sys
Timestamp: Tue Oct 02 13:21:13 2012 (506B3099)

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/274168-random-bsod-while-gaming-idle.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Having random crashes and restarts. Cant find a cause, cant figure out how to read the bsod error report, otherwise I would stop bothering you guys on here. Crashed many times last few days even while idle, and while internet browsing. Deleted the earlier dumps so I can have a smaller managable file., attached it.
Please help the monkey

A:Random BSOD, cant pin down, happens even while system idle

look Im on top trying to see.
Just went through and did a bunch of windows rollback updates, lets see how this goes

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/204857-random-bsod-cant-pin-down-happens-even-while-system-idle.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hey guys I'm going active. when idle BSOD's and Random crazy trying Random BSOD's when idle and active. to find out whats wrong with my computer It is brand new and I payed a lot of money for it so I'm rather frustrated that I'm having so many issues in my first month owning it The Bluescreens seem to happen completely randomly and since it is a new computer and I've installed drivers for quite a few pieces of hardware I dont know where to start A lot of the minidumps havnt been saved from the looks of things too but I have provided the that were I've been using the computer for gaming internet browsing and a little bit of video editing recording I have returned to the computer twice so far to see it had bluescreened while idle with internet browser and chat programs running I have had a few days where there was no bluescreen but they seem to happen generally once a day The one tonight I was playing battlefield then the game crashed after checking event logs around the time my game crashed there is a Warning report saying quot Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding and has successfully recovered quot then a few minutes later the computer bluescreens and restarts I think I've been having these BSOD's since I recieved the computer and I have contacted Arbico twice about it The first time was a brief email saying I'm having BSODs and dont know what to do then the second I phoned up and the bloke on the phone said it sounded like an issue with my SSD and that I'm not the only one thats been having the issue He then told me it was a driver issue and sent me IA STOR SSD ISSUE REG UPDATE to try I have added it to an attachment in this post I ran that and continued to get BSODs After that I went to the SSD's website and installed the latest firmware For a day or two it seemed to help but then I bluescreened again - - Here are my system specs Arbico Computers Ltd Windows Home Premium bit Intel R Core TM i - K CPU GHz CPUs GHz Asus P P Pro GB Kingston HyperX PC MHZ DDR RAM ATI Radeon GB HD PCI-E Chanel Onboard HD Audio Asus '' LED Widescreen Monitor OCZ GB SATA III Ultra Fast Sandforce SSD System Drive amp GB SATA III Hard Drive Storage Drive Xilence W SLI Xfire Ready Power Supply Coolermaster HAF ATX Quiet Thermaltake Frio CPU Cooler Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Keyboard With firmware drivers installed Razer Naga Mouse With firmware drivers installed If it might be related I have to unplug plug this in again every time I start up the computer to make it function properly I'm not sure what else I can tell you but if there is anything I've forgotten just let me know I really want to get this sorted Thanks

A:Random BSOD's when idle and active.

Quote: Originally Posted by Lazermatt

Hey guys,

I'm going crazy trying to find out whats wrong with my computer. It is brand new, and I payed a lot of money for it so I'm rather frustrated that I'm having so many issues in my first month owning it. The Bluescreens seem to happen completely randomly and since it is a new computer and I've installed drivers for quite a few pieces of hardware I dont know where to start. A lot of the minidumps havnt been saved from the looks of things too but I have provided the 3 that were.

I've been using the computer for gaming, internet browsing and a little bit of video editing/recording. I have returned to the computer twice so far to see it had bluescreened while idle (with internet browser and chat programs running). I have had a few days where there was no bluescreen but they seem to happen generally once a day. The one tonight I was playing battlefield 3, then the game crashed (after checking event logs around the time my game crashed there is a Warning report saying "Display driver amdkmdap stopped responding and has successfully recovered.") then a few minutes later the computer bluescreens and restarts.

I think I've been having these BSOD's since I recieved the computer and I have contacted Arbico twice about it. The first time was a brief email saying I'm having BSODs and dont know what to do, then the second I phoned up and the bloke on the phone said it sounded like an issue with my SSD and that I'm not the only one thats been having the issue. He then told me it was a driver issue and sent me IA STOR SSD ISSUE REG UPDATE to try (I have added it to an attachment in this post). I ran that and continued to get BSODs. After that I went to the SSD's website and installed the latest firmware. For a day or two it seemed to help, but then I bluescreened again. -.-
Here are my system specs:
Arbico Computers Ltd
Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600K CPU @ 3.40GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.4GHz
Asus P8P67 Pro
16GB Kingston HyperX PC12800 1600MHZ DDR3 RAM
ATI Radeon 4GB HD 6990 PCI-E
8 Chanel Onboard HD Audio
Asus 23.6'' LED Widescreen Monitor
OCZ 120GB SATA III Ultra Fast Sandforce SSD ( System Drive ) & 2000GB SATA III Hard Drive ( Storage Drive )
Xilence 1000W SLI/Xfire Ready Power Supply
Coolermaster HAF 922 ATX
Quiet Thermaltake Frio CPU Cooler
Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Keyboard (With firmware/drivers installed)
Razer Naga Mouse (With firmware/drivers installed. If it might be related, I have to unplug/plug this in again every time I start up the computer to make it function properly)

I'm not sure what else I can tell you, but if there is anything I've forgotten just let me know. I really want to get this sorted. Thanks!

"It's not a true crash, in the sense that the bluescreen was initiated only because the combination of video driver and video hardware was being unresponsive, and not because of any synchronous processing exception".

Since Vista, the "Timeout Detection and Recovery" (TDR) components of the OS video subsystem have been capable of doing some truly impressive things to try to recover from issues which would have caused earlier OSs like XP to crash.

As a last resort, the TDR subsystem sends the video driver a "please restart yourself now!" command and waits a few seconds.

If there's no response, the OS concludes that the video driver/hardware combo has truly collapsed in a heap, and it fires off that stop 0x116 BSOD.

If playing with video driver versions hasn't helped, make sure the box is not overheating.

Try removing a side panel and aiming a big mains fan straight at the motherboard and GPU.

Run it like that for a few hours or days - long enough to ascertain whether cooler temperatures make a difference.

If so, it might be as simple as dust buildup and subsequently inadequate cooling.

I would download cpu-z and gpu-z (both free) and keep an e... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/197134-random-bsods-when-idle-active.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Please help me. it is really frustrating. BSOD event on idle.
? OS - Windows 7 x64 ? Is the OS an OEM version (came pre-installed on system) or full retail version (YOU purchased it from retailer)? OEM ? Age of system (hardware)? 3 years ? Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS? 6 Months ? CPU - i7 720QM ? Video Card - ATI Mobility Radeon 5870M ? MotherBoard - ASUS G73JH ? Power Supply - brand & wattage - ASUS ? System Manufacturer ? Exact model number (if laptop, check label on bottom) ASUS G73JH A2

A:[SOLVED] Random BSOD even on idle pls help

Updated with the full dump files, pls let me know if you need any additional info, going to run OCCT and driver verify in the mean time

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/solved-random-bsod-even-on-idle-pls-help-684363.html
Relevancy 63.64%

i just buy a decent gaming pc with the prices about processor fx- six core graphics card gtx geforce ti ram gb anti virus eset nod antivirus i buy the pc without hardisk since i want to use my old hardisk since the first day i buy the game a bsod apeared but cuz i have little time i never go to the shop again until i think after about month the pc can't boot and always stuck on the startup with black screen and no cursor before that happend the pc always got bsod or sometime just a blank screen Bsod Random with On ntoskrnl.exe Random Times BSOD with random color the bsod is always random sometimes it say bad pool header or irql not less or equal or something like that so i bring the pc to the shop it say that my hardisk and graphic cards is broken so i change the gpu to nvidia geforce gt and buy a new hardisk and so i re install windows and buy a BSOD On Random Times with Random Bsod ntoskrnl.exe new casing the bsod appear again with bad pool header i was desparate since am not computer expert so i don't know what else to do and the shop where i buy is just a dead end since they don't really know what's wrong so i browse the internet run memtest downloading the blue screen viewer and i suprise that i got so many bsod with BSOD On Random Times with Random Bsod ntoskrnl.exe the same driver error ntoskrnl exe so i browse the internet searching how to fix ntoskrnl exe bsod but i don't have time to do all of the method oh and all the bsod i got according from bsod viewer bad pool header irql not less or equal Memory Managment Page Fault in Nonpaged Area KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED BAD POOL BSOD On Random Times with Random Bsod ntoskrnl.exe CALLER SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION NTFS FILE SYSTEM DRIVER CORRUPTED EXPOOL REFERENCE BY POINTER and looks like i have about minidumps file sorry for bad english and word right now am desperate and i think my computer is malfunction

A:BSOD On Random Times with Random Bsod ntoskrnl.exe

got another bsod when playing gta 4 with a meassage bad_pool_header

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/362032-bsod-random-times-random-bsod-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 63.64%

I just recently purchased gaming, of after hour Random whenever it an wants BSOD when idle, an external backup drive When I went to plug it in to my USB ports it would not detect I tried a and sure enough it works So I spend the next little while trying to update drivers to get the usb working Eventually I try another usb and it works I get the backup software installed and about an hour later the first BSOD happens I uninstall the backup software remove the drive and the BSOD's continue randomly I decide that I must have messed Random BSOD after an hour of gaming, when idle, whenever it wants something up trying to get the usb ports functioning properly and reload windows The BSOD continue and I end up going into the bios to reset to defaults I notice that I have a dimm slot reporting abnormal so I remove the dimm in question and the machine runs fine that evening The next day the BSOD's are continuing I put the dimm back in and start running memtest for about hours no errors I'm at a loss as to what the issue is I suspect I may have to RMA the motherboard which has been running like a top for the last years Any help is appreciated

A:Random BSOD after an hour of gaming, when idle, whenever it wants

Hello Drannin, and welcome to the Forums. What I am getting from your dump files is

Code:
BugCheck D1, {0, 2, 0, fffff8800193f0d2}
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for iaStorA.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for iaStorA.sys
Probably caused by : iaStorA.sys ( iaStorA+64024 )
Which is Intel Rapid Storage Technology (IRST)

Please uninstall it and see if that helps.

Also please open an elevated command prompt ( click start, type cmd in the search box, right click on the cmd entry and select run as administrator) in the black box that opens, copy/paste sfc /scannow. If you decide to type it, notice the space between the sfc and the /. It is a system file checker which will scan your system files and attempt to correct any missing or corrupt files. What we want are the results to say windows found no integrity violations. If it says files were found but could not be repaired, close the box, reboot and run it again, after opening the administrative command prompt. You may have to reboot and run it three times for it to repair all system files. If it can't repair them after 3 reboots, let us know.

Please fill out your system specs in as much detail as possible and include your PSU and CPU cooler.

See if any of those things will help.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/366032-random-bsod-after-hour-gaming-when-idle-whenever-wants.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi, I have been experiencing multiple BSOD for a few weeks now. They are not triggered by a specific action, as they occur even when idle from first being turned on. They can occur after a matter of minutes or hours after use. They are also not consistently the same 0x000000 error code. Please see the attached

I believe they may be linked to a driver issue, or perhaps hardware. Additional symptoms relate to USB ports including peripheral hardware freezing from idle (e.g. network adapter, keyboard, mouse) and the network adapter needing to be reset upon reboot - windows auto update has had some problem updating the optional automatic update driver for this recently.

Specs are within the attached as well.
Any help identifying what the problem is and how to fix would be really appreciated.

Thank

A:BSOD - various random 0x000000 codes, even when idle.

Please update these older drivers. Links are included to assist in looking up the source of the drivers. If unable to find an update, please remove (un-install) the program responsible for that driver. DO NOT manually delete/rename the driver as it may make the system unbootable!:-
ASACPI.sys Tue Oct 31 08:09:12 2006 (4546B048)
Asus ATK0110 ACPI Utility (a known BSOD maker in Win7 and Win8). Also a part of many Asus utilities (Win8 versions available from Windows Update as an Optional Update - but check Asus first!)
Driver Reference Table - ASACPI.sys

scmndisp.sys Wed Jan 17 13:48:03 2007 (45ADD4B3)
Netgear Neutral Wireless Solution
Driver Reference Table - scmndisp.sys
BdFileSpy.sys Thu Jan 22 17:43:27 2009 (49785BDF)
BullGuard File Scan
Driver Reference Table - BdFileSpy.sys

viahduaa.sys Fri Jul 10 09:07:01 2009 (4A56B055)
VIA High Definition Audio Function Driver
Driver Reference Table - viahduaa.sys

bcmwlhigh664.sys Tue Apr 19 13:13:08 2011 (4DAD3604)
Broadcom 802.11 USB Network Adapter Driver
Driver Reference Table - bcmwlhigh664.sys

Rt64win7.sys Fri Jun 10 12:33:15 2011 (4DF1BAAB)
Realtek RTL8168D/8111D Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC
Driver Reference Table - Rt64win7.sys

Use Revo Uninstaller to uninstall stubborn software. Opt for Advance Mode while uninstalling which allows leftover registry removal:Download Revo Uninstaller Freeware - Free and Full Download - Uninstall software, remove programs, solve uninstall problems

Perform a clean install of a driver following: How to Clean Left Over Driver Files with Driver Sweeper

AODDriver2.sys Thu Sep 12 09:36:40 2013 (523136C8)
AMD Overdrive; also in EasyTune6 for Gigabyte motherboard [br] Known BSOD issues in Win7[br][br]Part of AMD Fuel[br][br]Location: C:\Program Files\ATI Technologies\ATI.ACE\Fuel\amd64\AODDriver2.sys
Driver Reference Table - AODDriver2.sys

Quote:
AMD OverDrive Removal - Step 1:
AMD OverDrive (AODDriver2.sys) is either a stand-alone application, or a component of the AMD VISION Engine Control Center. This driver is known to cause BSOD's on some Win7 systems.

Quote:
Please uninstall all AMD/ATI video stuff from Control Panel...Programs...Uninstall a program
Then, download (but DO NOT install) a fresh copy of the ATI drivers from http://ati.amd.com (in the upper right corner of the page)
Use this procedure to install the DRIVER ONLY: ATI video cards - DRIVER ONLY installation procedure - Sysnative Forums

If the device (AODDriver or AODDriver4.01) remains a problem, open Device Manager, select the "View" item.
Then select "Show hidden devices" and scroll down to the Non-Plug and Play Drivers section.
Locate the AODDriver entry, right click on it and select "Uninstall". Reboot for changes to take affect.

Sometimes the driver remains and continues to cause BSOD's. If this is the case for you, post back and we'll give further instructions for safely removing it.

If overclocking, please stop. Remove the overclock and return the system to stock/standard values while we're troubleshooting. Once the system is stable again, feel free to resume the overclocking.

Reduce items at start-up: Startup Programs - Change

Perform a clean boot: Troubleshoot Application Conflicts by Performing a Clean Startup

Scan with Kaspersky TDSSKiller:Anti-rootkit utility TDSSKiller

ESET online scanner: Free Online Virus Scanner | ESET

Run a System file check (SFC): SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

Check for heating issues using Speccy or HWmonitor

Upload a screen shot: Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums

Run Disk Check on your Hard Drive(s): Disk Check

A "stop 0x124" is fundamentally different to many other types of bluescreens because it stems from a hardware complaint. Stop 0x124 minidumps contain very little practical information, and it is therefore necessary to approach the problem as a case of hardware in a... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/327876-bsod-various-random-0x000000-codes-even-when-idle.html
Relevancy 63.64%

hello..
i got this BSOD problem about 1 month ago.
i forget when its start to BSODing.

i already tried every method

1. running "sfc/scannow"
2. running "chkdsk"
3. running disk check tool "seatool"
4. reseating every single cable
5. reinstal new windows 7 with 3 different windows

i need help here.
really appreciate if u guys can give any method that i can try.
thanks alot before.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/382979-bsod-random-time-idle-gaming.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Short error info ntoskrnl exe cc General situation I bought this new pc in August e.g. random 2 when BSOD hours even at idle times... during The shop where i bought the components built the system and installed the OS I did not reinstall it yet Since the moment i got the system i had more BSOD's than i had in the last years There is no user program i can isolate as a possible cause ntoskrnl exe isn't a quot real user program quot imho System info You can find them the system specs inside in my profile but most relevant info might be OS Windows Professional x SP CPU Intel Core i Boxed Motherboard Asus P Z -V Pro Memory GB G Skill Ripjaws X F Graphics Card s MSI R Cyclone GD Power Edition OC Hard Drives OCZ Vertex GB System Samsung EcoGreen F EG HD UI TB Data PSU XFX W Semi Modular XXX Edition Crash info BSOD at random times... even when idle during e.g. 2 hours This is part of the BlueScreenView info Bug-check-text SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION Bug-check-code x b Parameter c Parameter fffff e be Parameter fffff e fad Parameter Caused by driver program ntoskrnl exe Caused by address ntoskrnl exe cc The information collected by BSOD Dump amp System File Collection app are in the attachment as well as the system health report Thanks in advance for any help Evert

A:BSOD at random times... even when idle during e.g. 2 hours

Forgot to mention: Windows Updates are applied on a very regular basis (i.e. almost as the come in).

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/196171-bsod-random-times-even-when-idle-during-e-g-2-hours.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Hey

I keep getting random BSOD for some unknown reason to me. I reformatted the drives i have both SSD and HDD but it still happens. the latest one was when i came back from my computer on a screensaver and once i moved the mouse and clicked on the Google chrome it just froze for a split second and screen went black. the restart then began after showing me the blue screen. Am i doing something wrong? i'm a bit panicy about the whole thing and just want it to stop as i'm getting a new gfx card soon. i thought it could mean i need new drivers for my motherboard or something along those lines however i'm not very good with computer an when i get my motherboard support page there is ALOT of things to download but i dont want to download everything in it causes conflicts.

Thank you for your time.

A:Random BSOD. Only during desktop/idle not while gaming.

Upload a screenshot using:CrystalDiskInfo For how to upload a screenshot or file, read here

Test your Hard Drive by running:Hard Drive Diagnostic ProcedureMonitor hardware temperature with system monitoring software like Speccy or HWMonitor:
Piriform - Speccy

CPUID - HWMonitorTest and Diagnose RAM Issues with Memtest86+:RAM - Test with Memtest86+ Pay close attention to part 3 of the tutorial "If you have errors"

Tip
Test the RAM with Memtest86+ for at least 7-10 passes. It may take up to 22 passes to find problems. Make sure to run it once after the system has been on for a few hours and is warm, and then also run it again when the system has been off for a few hours and is cold.

Code:

BugCheck 1A, {41790, fffffa8009148860, ffff, 0}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+35084 )

---------
???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``

BugCheck 24, {c08a5, 0, 0, 0}

Probably caused by : dxgmms1.sys ( dxgmms1!VIDMM_SEGMENT::SafeProbeAndLockPages+229 )

---------
???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/298154-random-bsod-only-during-desktop-idle-not-while-gaming.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi,
The first BSOD was with 0x00000101 but that one has no minidump file saved.
After a couple of hours I experienced BSOD with error 0X00000124 without knowing where to search.
I've already run Prime95 like 30 minutes in hardes test, memtest86 with 1 pass without errors.
I even try to run some versions of Linux LiveCD, none of them work.
Help will be appreciated.
Thank you!
PS: I attached files for debug.

A:BSOD error 0x00000124 random and when idle

Anyone help?
I've run sfc /scannow and did not find any errors...

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/354655-bsod-error-0x00000124-random-when-idle.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi,

I reformatted so I lost the logs for now, but it keeps happening when I let the pc sit idle (e.g. overnight).

I set the power options to performance mode - still had the issue
Set the hard disk to never turn off - still had the issue.

Any ideas?

A:BSOD only when PC sits idle for random time.

Hi Twisty.

The zip you uploaded does not contain any crash dump.

Follow it: Dump Files - Configure Windows to Create on BSOD
Go to Option Two, Point 2. Download the .reg file and merge it in registry by double clicking it.

Now wait for another BSOD. When it occurred, search the .dmp files manually in the default path: C:\Windows\Minidump or %SystemRoot%\Minidump. See if the crash dump is recorded or not (hopefully it will be recorded).Post it following the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions.

Dont run any disc cleanup program before you upload another zip.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/337054-bsod-only-when-pc-sits-idle-random-time.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi all,

I have a new build which gets BSOD almost everyday. It usually happens when the computer is idle, such as overnight or when I am at work but lately it has been happening during use. It gets used everyday as my media server and it's my main PC for internet, email etc. Sometimes I get an error that references NTSF.sys and sometimes is it just a Stop and a memory location?(I think that's what the numbers are). Other than that problem, the PC runs great. Just curious on how to get rid of these problems.

Thanks in advance. Attached is the Diag tool output.

Robert

A:Random BSOD errors mostly when idle NTSF.sys

Welcome

If you are overclocking any hardware, STOP. Reset any changed values back to default

Upload a screenshot of your hard disk using CrystalDiskInfo:CrystalDiskInfo - Software - Crystal Dew World
Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums
Make a hard drive test from the hard drive manufacturers website:Hard Drive Diagnostic Procedure
Run Disk Check on your hard disk for file system errors and bad sectors on it:Disk Check
* If you have a SSD make sure the firmware is up-to-date
Perform a System File Check:Click on the start
Type CMD on Search
Left click and Run as Administrator
Type SFC /scannow
Full tutorial here:SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker
Take memtest. Run for 8 passes and test each stick in a know good slot for an additional 6 passes.
RAM - Test with Memtest86+

Quote:
The goal is to test all the RAM sticks and all the motherboard slots.

Check your motherboard manual to ensure the RAM sticks are in the recommended motherboard slots. Some motherboards have very specific slots required for the number of RAM sticks installed.

If you get errors, stop the test and continue with the next step.

1. Remove all but one stick of RAM from your computer (this will be RAM stick #1), and run Memtest86 again, for 7 passes. *Be sure to note the RAM stick, use a piece of tape with a number, and note the motherboard slot.
If this stick passes the test then go to step #3.

2. If RAM stick #1 has errors, repeat the test with RAM stick #2 in the same motherboard slot. *If RAM stick #2 passes, this indicates that RAM stick #1 may be bad. If you want to be absolutely sure, re-test RAM stick #1 in another known good slot.
*If RAM stick #2 has errors, this indicates another possible bad RAM stick, a possible motherboard slot failure or inadequate settings.
3. Test the next stick of RAM (stick #2) in the next motherboard slot. *If this RAM stick has errors repeat step #2 using a known good stick if possible, or another stick.
*If this RAM stick has no errors and both sticks failed in slot#1, test RAM stick #1 in this slot.
4. If you find a stick that passes the test, test it in all the other motherboard slots.

If Part 2 testing shows errors, and all tests in Part 3 show errors, you will need to test the RAM sticks in another computer and/or test other RAM in your computer to identify the problem.

In this way, you can identify whether it is a bad stick of RAM, a bad motherboard, or incompatibility between the sticks.

Information
Errors are sometimes found after 8 passes.

Tip
Do this test overnight, before going to bed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/270710-random-bsod-errors-mostly-when-idle-ntsf-sys.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Got BSOD and this latest message:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 124
BCP1: 0000000000000000
BCP2: FFFFFA800495B8F8
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: 0000000000000000
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\082713-19749-01.dmp
C:\Users\ICW\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-32885-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
Windows 7 Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

I uploaded the file but certain things I could not get using the SF_Diagnostic_Tool.exe

A:random BSOD when idle happened 4x within the month

Hello ICW.

A very least information is available from what you supplied. Try to execute the SF Diag Tool once again, if it provides some more info there.

And, upload a snapshot Using Speccy.
Download and install Speccy.
File> Save snapshot.
Save it on desktop.
Zip it and upload it following following Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums .
upload your MSINFO32.nfo file.
Click on the start button
Type "msinfo32" (without quotes) in the search bar of the start menu, click the resulting link. It will open the System Information window.
File>Save. In the "File Name" filed, put "MSINFO32" (without Quote), give the save location to desktop, and click the "save" button.
Give the time for processing, it will save a .nfo file on your desktop.
Zip it, and upload it following the instruction.
Upload the list of all the third party drivers Using NirSoft DriverView :
Download and execute Driverview
View > Hide Microsoft Drivers
Edit > Select all
File > Save Selected Items
In the Save dialog, Set the path to desktop, Put "Driverview" in the name field, and save.
Zip the .txt file and upload it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/302748-random-bsod-when-idle-happened-4x-within-month.html