Windows Support Forum

Custom Build Computer, BSOD on first day.

Q: Custom Build Computer, BSOD on first day.

I just built my first cheap gaming computer today However I keep getting blue screened and it happens very frequently Within the last hours of trying to troubleshoot this issue myself it has blue screened on me about times I cannot be certain when why it occurs It's happened while playing Binding of Isaac and League of Legends It has also happened on first BSOD day. Build Computer, Custom when I was not interacting with the computer It has Custom Build Computer, BSOD on first day. also happened immediately after another one blue screening before I even get a chance to sign in to windows My parts Motherboard MSI H MA-G LGA Processor Intel Core i - P GHz Quad-Core Memory Corsair Vengeance GB DDR Power Power Supply W CoolPower -pin ATX Case Cooler Master HAF RC- -KKN Hard Drive WD GB CAVIAR BLACK SATA RPM Graphics Card Custom Build Computer, BSOD on first day. Asus GeForce GT GB DDR MHz OS Windows Home Premium x What I have done -checked for unusual behavior sounds smell inside the case -attempted to find and updated any and all drivers -used bluescreenviewer to try to isolate problem I think it's the NVIDIA graphics card --uninstalled all nvidia drivers and programs --boot in safe mode then use drive sweeper to clear out any remaining nvidia drivers --reinstalled nvidia drivers through windows device manager does not updated to most recent version --updated to most recent version through nvidia website Thank you for your help

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Custom Build Computer, BSOD on first day.

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Custom Build Computer, BSOD on first day.

Hi Yupei

First you need to update the BIOS to Version 1.C either throught the MSI live update utility or using the utility provided in the BIOS download

Second install Windows SP1 update

Do these and let me know if it BSOD's

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/300196-custom-build-computer-bsod-first-day.html
Relevancy 79.98%

Hi Everyone I am experiencing a BSOD please see the attachment Here are my computer details - OS - Windows SP x What was original installed OS on system - Windows x (custom on build) new Windows computer 7 BSOD SP Is the OS an OEM version came pre-installed on system or full retail version YOU purchased it from retailer - It is OEM Age of system hardware - brand new Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS - no reinstallation just installed CPU - i Video Card - Nvidia GeForce GTX Ti Boost MotherBoard - Gigabyte X -UP Power Supply - brand amp wattage - Cooler Master Watt System Manufacturer - NONE building a custom PC Exact model number if laptop check label on bottom - Not Applicable In addition to the required information above and in the attached I also uploaded the following files to my DropBox account MiniDump File SysData The following two screen shots of the same error box BSOD on new Windows 7 computer (custom build) will hopefully shed some light on the issue - Any help BSOD on new Windows 7 computer (custom build) here will be really appreciated Kind Regards Davo

A:BSOD on new Windows 7 computer (custom build)

Hi . . .

A bugcheck with 0x0 parms like the one in your screenshot usually indicates unknown hardware failure; corrupted installation or other unknown.

Where did Microsoft Windows 7 Professional x64 OEM originate from? Is it a 90-day trial?

Code:
Event[1952--]:
Log Name: Application
Source: Windows Activation Technologies
Date: 2013-10-11T13:00:26.000
Description:
SLUI notification schedule modified.
Schedule type: 1

Genuine validation schedule created/changed.
Interval: 129600 minutes

Genuine validation result:
hrOffline = 0x00000000, hrOnline = 0x00000000

Genuine validation data sent to AVS successfully.

Successfully acquired genuine ticket for template Id 66c92734-d682-4d71-983e-d6ec3f16059f

Genuine state set to genuine for application Id 55c92734-d682-4d71-983e-d6ec3f16059f

Health check passed.

Health check initiated.

The Software Protection service has started.

Genuine validation initiated.
A few drivers of interest as they appear to be monitoring apps. The one in RED - known to cause BSODs -

Code:
UltraMonUtility.sys Thu Nov 13 20:10:30 2008 (491CD006)
DirectIo64.sys Mon Aug 13 00:30:24 2012 (502882E0)
gdrv.sys Thu Mar 12 23:22:29 2009 (49B9D175)
GVTDrv64.sys Tue Sep 05 03:10:02 2006 (44FD22CA)
http://carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=DirectIo64.sys
http://sysnative.com/drivers/driver.php?id=UltraMonUtility.sys
http://sysnative.com/drivers/driver.php?id=gdrv.sys
http://sysnative.com/drivers/driver.php?id=GVTDrv64.sys

We (BSOD Analysts) are experiencing difficulties as the Windows NT Kernel was updated late last week and we have not yet received new symbol files, so at this time there is little else I can do.

I did go through the other files, including Event Viewer -- that's where the licensing info was listed.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

BSOD SUMMARY

Code:
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\PalmDesert\_jcgriff2_\dbug\__Kernel__\101413-14492-01.dmp]
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for ntoskrnl.exe
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for ntoskrnl.exe
Built by: 7601.18247.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.130828-1532
Debug session time: Mon Oct 14 01:12:25.985 2013 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 1:02:17.667
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for ntoskrnl.exe
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for ntoskrnl.exe
BugCheck D1, {0, 2, 0, fffff880017160d2}
Probably caused by : storport.sys ( storport!StorPortNotification+22 )
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN7_DRIVER_FAULT
BUGCHECK_STR: 0xD1
Bugcheck code 000000D1
Arguments 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000002 00000000`00000000 fffff880`017160d2
BiosVersion = F4
BiosReleaseDate = 09/05/2013
SystemManufacturer = Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
SystemProductName = To be filled by O.E.M.
MaxSpeed: 3600
CurrentSpeed: 3600
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\PalmDesert\_jcgriff2_\dbug\__Kernel__\101413-14445-01.dmp]
Built by: 7601.18247.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.130828-1532
Debug session time: Mon Oct 14 00:09:07.847 2013 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 2:04:17.578
Probably caused by : ntoskrnl.exe ( nt+75b90 )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x1E
Bugcheck code 0000001E
Arguments 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000
BiosVersion = F4
BiosReleaseDate = 09/05/2013
SystemManufacturer = Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
SystemProductName = To be filled by O.E.M.
MaxSpeed: 3600
CurrentSpeed: 3600
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\PalmDesert\_jcgriff2_\dbug\__Kernel__\101413-14508-01.dmp]
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not b... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-on-new-windows-7-computer-custom-build-730817.html
Relevancy 79.12%

So firstly i love that there is a computer custom 2 a in build year BSOD error - First on f4 forum dedicated to the dreaded BSOD Setting the scene Last night i put my computer on sleep mode for the first time ever whilst i went sleepies- normally i just perform a shut down Bright lights were flashing in my room so i couldnt get to sleep so lazy me turns on the computer from sleep mode and just holds the power button down to turn the computer off Everytime the computer boots just after First BSOD on a custom build computer in 2 year - f4 error the windows logo appears BSOD everytime I did install a new data drive about weeks ago which could be the root of the problem After about hours of research and cups of coffee I am pretty much a complete noob at this i found that f errors are generally a hardware issue Things i have tried -System restore to earlier date basic stuff -Change sata cables around - even having the boot disk call it drive -SSD in other sata drives and changing settings accordingly in bios which i hope was the right thing to do - I only had that boot disk connected My data HD were disconnected -Installing w on another hard drive Works fine All files appear on the SSD when i reconnected it -Can't run safe mode at all - BSOD aswell but vanishes in a blink of an eye -Ran memory diagnostics - all fine -Can't use memtest because none of my usb will allow the image to be unpacked for a bootable usb if that made sense And just some thoughts I am wondering though if it would make a difference changing the RAM sticks around I know this is an easy one to try but i dont see it logical that swapping sticks in slots would make a difference I have also seen a lot of post about performing a crash dump log Can this be performed through command prompts at all Or any other way that doesnt require your computer to be somewhat working Thanks in advance for the insight you may bring

A:First BSOD on a custom build computer in 2 year - f4 error

Hello Phuzioncrue, and welcome to Seven Forums.

Please read the instructions here: Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions, and post back with the needed information. One of our BSOD experts should be by later when able to further help.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/325360-first-bsod-custom-build-computer-2-year-f4-error.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Hey folks here's my basic info Is Windows - bit - original installed OS on system - student version of OS counts as full retail can install on multiple machines - All components are approximately months old - Reinstalled OS recently - wks ago to see if that would fix problem did not work Other info The BSOD seems to occur when I'm playing video games but it doesn't always happen only then Thinking it was my original graphics card I RMA'ed it for a new one recieved a different card and problem still exists I also tried a different graphics card which used DX and the problem subsides a little bit the BSOD occurs but not as often I'm almost positive this is a hardware or hardware compatibility problem as reformatting the drive and reinstalling the OS didn't fix it but you folks are the experts Let me know if I forgot something or you need something else to troubleshoot Thanks in advance Josh

A:BSOD on custom build

Hi swashbuckler and Welcome.

STOP 0x000000D1: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Usual causes: Device driver

Your latest dump file blames ntkrnlmp.exe which is a Windows System file and is highly unlikely to be the cause.
Old and incompatible drivers can and do cause issues with Windows 7, often giving false error codes.

As a Priority:

atikmdag.sys Fri Nov 26 02:46:44 2010 Many people have been having issues with Catalyst 10.12, which is what you currently have installed. Update to the new version following these guidelines.
Download Catalyst v11.1.**
Download and install Driver Sweeper.
Boot to Safe Mode
Uninstall your current Catalyst SetUp.
Run Driver Sweeper to clean up any left overs.
Reboot to Normal Mode.
Install your new Catalyst SetUp.
** Note!! Any WHQLCatalyst SetUp v10.3 - v11.1 can be used except v10.12 (which is not WHQL).

Outdated Drivers. Update:

L1C62x64.sys Wed Apr 01 06:09:17 2009 Atheros Drivers. AR813x-AR815x v1.0.0.46 WHQL.rar. Under the Atheros AR81Family Windows Driver x86/x64(Win7,Vista, XP, Server 2003) header.

Bugcheck Analysis
Code:
Loading Dump File [C:\DUMPS\swashbuckler\020611-10779-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

Symbol search path is: SRV*C:\SymCache*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7600 MP (2 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS
Built by: 7600.16617.amd64fre.win7_gdr.100618-1621
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`02a49000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`02c86e50
Debug session time: Sun Feb 6 10:49:19.870 2011 (UTC + 0:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:07:31.306
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck D1, {1, 2, 8, 1}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KiPageFault+260 )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

1: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (d1)
An attempt was made to access a pageable (or completely invalid) address at an
interrupt request level (IRQL) that is too high. This is usually
caused by drivers using improper addresses.
If kernel debugger is available get stack backtrace.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000001, memory referenced
Arg2: 0000000000000002, IRQL
Arg3: 0000000000000008, value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation
Arg4: 0000000000000001, address which referenced memory

Debugging Details:
------------------
READ_ADDRESS: GetPointerFromAddress: unable to read from fffff80002cf10e0

CURRENT_IRQL: 2

FAULTING_IP:
+3438616365383261
00000000`00000001 ?? ???

PROCESS_NAME: lotroclient.ex

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT

BUGCHECK_STR: 0xD1

TRAP_FRAME: fffffa8005757650 -- (.trap 0xfffffa8005757650)
NOTE: The trap frame does not contain all registers.
Some register values may be zeroed or incorrect.
rax=fffffa80064daf60 rbx=0000000000000000 rcx=fffff88002f22750
rdx=0000000000000000 rsi=0000000000000000 rdi=0000000000... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/142868-bsod-custom-build.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Fresh install of Windows 7 Ult with SP1 on brand new hardware

BSOD when After 90 minutes gaming (twice now - pc under varying stress)
BSOD while playing video on VLC player (once - no stress)

Thankful for any insight you can provide.

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 +SP1
Intel Core i7 5820K 3.3Ghz 15MB L3 Cache s2011-3
Gigabyte GA-X99M-Gaming 5 LGA2011-3
Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 2400MHz
2x Sapphire Radeon R9 270X DUAL-X BOOST OC 2GB Crossfire
500GB Crucial MX200 SSD M.2 Type 2280
Corsair H100i Water cooler with Corsair Link

A:BSOD on new custom build

Hey and welcome to SevenForums!

Please read the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/371669-bsod-new-custom-build.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Specs Win pro x Asus M A mobo AMD fx XFX HD gb Patriot gb x OCZ ModXStream W PSU Hi folks I have been running into problem after problem with my new build I've already RMA'd my CPU I've ran memory tests for hours which turned out build a custom BSOD on fine and I completely disassembled and reassembled my computer into a new case I was able to install Win fine but I get random BSODs when using the computer with frightening frequency and they were different error codes almost every time The first place I noticed this was when I would run the Windows Experience Index test and it would lock up or BSOD about BSOD on a custom build s of the way through But it also blue screens in safe mode and once when I was watching a youtube video I initially thought it was a faulty CPU hence the RMA but now I'm thinking that it might be a PSU or mobo problem Any advice or ideas would be greatly appreciated Thanks in advance Rilke

A:BSOD on a custom build

Please upload a report
http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ta-452654.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-on-a-custom-build-628194.html
Relevancy 68.37%

So mainly while gaming I get various BSODs. Not much else to say but here are the required files and my computer and specs may be seen under my profile. Thank you in advance for taking the time to help with this.

A:BSOD Custom Build

Hi Kimbroughhg.

When there are multiple bugchecks without any finite probable cause, the first impression goes to hardware. Some of the crash dumps also indicates it.

Code:
BugCheck A, {2db, 2, 1, fffff8000229743d}

Probably caused by : hardware ( nt!KiTimerExpiration+1d )

---------

Code:
BugCheck 124, {0, fffffa800d268028, b0800000, 40151}

Probably caused by : AuthenticAMD

---------
Test your RAM modules for possible errors.
How to Test and Diagnose RAM Issues with Memtest86+
Run memtest86+ for at least 8 consecutive passes.

If it start showing errors/red lines, stop testing. A single error is enough to determine that something is going bad there.

Stress test the Graphics Card using Furmark.
Video Card - Stress Test with Furmark

Stress test the CPU.
Hardware - Stress Test With Prime95

Overclocked? It should be 4000 MHz.

Code:
CP F/M/S Manufacturer MHz
6 21,2,0 AuthenticAMD 4334
As you are getting BSODs, you should stop overclocking and run all the hardware components like CPU, GPU and RAM to their default settings.

If you have any hardware monitoring program, uninstall them for the time being, and also uninstall all the programs by ASUS.

Two more actions are must.

Daemon Tools, Alcohol 120% and Power Archiver Pro uses SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD), which is a well known BSOD causer. Uninstall Daemon Tools at first. Then download SPTD standalone installer from Disk-Tools.com, and execute the downloaded file as guided below :
Double click to open it.
Click this button only:

If it is grayed out, as in the picture, there is no more SPTD in your system, and you just close the window.
Free up the startup. Windows does not need any other program to auto start with it, but the auto start programs often conflicts and causes various problems including BSODs.
Click on the Start button
Type ?msconfig (without quotes), click the resulting link. It will open the System Configuration window.
Select the ?Startup? tab.
Deselect all items other than the antivirus.
Apply > OK
Accept then restart.
Let us know the results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/349746-bsod-custom-build.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Hello,

Ever since yesterday in mid afternoon, my computer will not load Resolume despite it working most of the day prior. Each time I run the program, it shuts down before it can even open fully. The system says that an error has occurred and that Windows will update me when there is a solution. I've downloaded every version of Resolumesince 5.0 and no luck. It seems to be a larger problem with the system itself. I have had a few times where the system will crash either unexpectedly or when I attempt to run Resolume.

Attached is my file with the info of the crashes in it. Any help is much appreciated!
VALORIAN-Wed_05_25_2016__73419_35.zip

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/51349-bsod-custom-build.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Am new here. And I too am suffering from random BSODs.
Had faulty RAMs, and have replaced them. And still BSOD
I seriously need help guys.

A:New Custom Build Please help BSOD

narendharkumar3, Thanks for starting the new thread. Unfortunately you are getting a lot of 0X124 errors. That is a generic hardware error. It gives little or nothing about which piece of hardware it is. The only way is to do a lot of time consuming testing and troubleshooting. There was one error that appeared several times

Code:
kd> lmvm AsUpIO
start end module name
8d8b2000 8d8b31a0 AsUpIO (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: AsUpIO.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\AsUpIO.sys
Image name: AsUpIO.sys
Timestamp: Mon Aug 02 21:48:02 2010 (4C578362)
CheckSum: 0000BEF9
ImageSize: 000011A0
Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
That is Asus Monitoring driver and as you can see is quite old. It most likely comes with Asus AI Suite and can be downloaded from Asus web site for your board. Motherboards - P8H67-M PRO - ASUS

If you do not already have them please download and install CPUz (CPU-Z CPUID - System & hardware benchmark, monitoring, reporting) and GPUz (GPU-Z Video card GPU Information Utility) Make sure not to download any of the junk ware they may try to install with the program, you can just uncheck the boxes and not install those add on..

I need you to post screenshots (Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums) of GPU the main page and the sensors tabs. I also need you yo post screenshots of CPUz the CPU tab, the mainboard tab, Memory tab and the SPD tab. On the SPD tab you can select each dim slot, I only need the dim slots that are populated with ram.

If you are overclocking anything, Please set it back to default values. While at the Asus web site update all of your drivers for the motherboard.

When you built the machine, did you do a clean install? Also, thank you for filling in your system specs. If you would, please update them as much as possible If you would like to know what we would like, click 'My System specs' at the bottom left of this post and see mine. I need to know, manufacturer and model of your PSU, Ram, Graphics card, if you have it, hard drives. The easy way to update system specs is go to your last post and click my system specs and there will ne a link there to update them. Just be sure to click save at the bottom of the page.

I would also like you to open a elevated command prompt ( click start, type cmd in the search box, right click on the cmd entry and select run as administrator) in the black box that opens, copy/paste sfc /scannow in the box and press enter. If you decide to type it, notice the space between the sfc and the /. It is a system file checker which will scan your system files and attempt to correct any missing or corrupt files. What we want are the results to say 'windows found no integrity violations'. If it says files were found but could not be repaired, close the box, reboot and run it again, after opening the administrative command prompt. You may have to reboot and run it three times for it to repair all system files. If it can't repair them after 3 reboots, let us know.

Can you be a little more specific about your BSODs, for instance, do they happen when you run a specific program, or only in gaming or while performing some specific action. We will get to some testing once you answer the questions and upload the screenshots in the manner of the tutorial I linked to. I just need to know as many specifics as I can about your machine and what programs, if any, that cause tour computer to BSOD.

You are also going to need a monitoring program for your CPU and GPU temps. If you have none, I can suggest a couple.

If you don't understand anything I ask or want an explanation, feel free to ask. I don't mind explaining.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/336866-new-custom-build-please-help-bsod.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Good Evening,
I recently had a computer custom built at my local Fry's (not so local though..) 2 weeks ago.
On the second day, the CPU was BSOD hourly, and after bring it to Fry's, they said the power supply was bad, and they replaced it.
I'm still having issues with random BSOD and would rather not bring it to Fry's to have them trouble shoot it for a few days, replace the "bad" component, and give it back to me with the same issue.
My CPU and Motherboard temps average 30-35c even while gaming.

I'm beyond the "return" time frame and only have 2 weeks of build support left from Fry's.
Can someone please decode what the errors are saying and possibly point me in the right direction?
Thank you soooo much!
Sean

Here are my CPU specs
http://speccy.piriform.com/results/V...2duPWs4NcChjFo

A:BSOD on Custom Build

Hi

Your CPU seems to be overclocked and if i am not mistaken, it is intentional.

Code:
Core 0Core Speed: 4599.7 MHz
Multiplier: x 46.0
Bus Speed: 100.0 MHz
Temperature: 32 ?C
Thread 1
APIC ID: 0
Thread 2
APIC ID: 1
Core 1
Core Speed: 4499.7 MHz
Multiplier: x 45.0
Temperature: 34 ?C
Thread 1
APIC ID: 2
Thread 2
APIC ID: 3
Core 2
Core Speed: 4599.7 MHz
Temperature: 32 ?C
Thread 1
APIC ID: 4
Thread 2
APIC ID: 5
Core 3
Core Speed: 4599.7 MHz
Temperature: 26 ?C
Thread 1
APIC ID: 6
Thread 2
APIC ID: 7

Overclocking is the best way to make a system unstable, crash , freeze or blue screen. First logical steps in BSOD troubleshooting is nothing but reverting any changes made to the CPU/RAM frequency and voltage modifications. You should first uninstall "Asus AI suit III" otherwise it will auto overclock the system. Then enter BIOS setup and load "optimal default values".

You should also understand the merits and demerits of OC. There are certain situations where OC will benefit. Examples are "Autocad" and video rendering works. Those programs will show improved performance in higher clock speed. On the other hand, PC games are GPU centric and even the most CPU demanding games only require a basic quad core CPU like i5. None of today's games are capable of utilizing the full potential of your CPU and hence overclocking it is absolute unnecessary. By overclocking the CPU, you will get crashes instead of FPS increase.

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/35286-bsod-custom-build.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Hello,

I've been having persistent BSoD problems on a custom rig. It happens mostly when I'm away. Of the few times I have been at my computer at the time of crash, I saw no warning signs.

Basic system info:
Windows 7 Professional (x64) retail
Fresh installation in March onto SSD

Hardware - Custom Build
Built in January but uses some older parts:
CPU: AMD Phenom II 720
Mobo: ASUS M4A79XTD Evo
GPU: Evga GTS 250 superclocked (used this card for a few years now)
Ram: Kingston hyperx KHX1333C7D3K4 (2 x 2gb)
SSD: OCZ Vertex 2 E 60gb
PSU: COOLER MASTER GX Series RS750-ACAAE3-US 750W

No memtest detected issues as on late April
No prime95 errors or induced crashes as of late April
If there's any other information or tests that might help please let me know.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:BSoD on Custom Build

Unfortunately there were no dumps in your file but I found one major candidate for BSODs

Code:
DAEMON Tools Lite "c:\program files (x86)\daemon tools lite\dtlite.exe" -autorun KevinX3-720-Win\KevinX3-720 HKU\S-1-5-21-601797764-46032973-68966091-1000\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
Uninstall, and de-install the driver after this tut:
DuplexSecure - FAQ
There are several substitutes for Daemon tools without harmful side effects
Freeware MagicISO Virtual CD/DVD-ROM(MagicDisc) Overview
SlySoft Virtual CloneDrive
Gizmo Central -- Enliven your PC
There were a couple BSODs (03/28 and 04/20) referring to your Roxio Software with the directive to update the PX engine from here
PX Engine - Description and Download
or uninstall it completely if you don't use it.

Boot into Safe mode and see if the comp crashes there, too
if not activate Driver Verifier to force some dumps to narrow down the problem and post any new dumps
Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable

-DG

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/165236-bsod-custom-build.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi I built a custom computer last summer July and started having some BSOD problems about a month ago It started out when I was playing games Starcraft and Battlefield but then it began crashing to BSOD randomly when I wasn't actively doing anything it would BSOD when I left it on overnight I assumed it was the graphics driver so I uninstalled and reinstalled the driver and it worked fine for a couple weeks until it recently started crashing again It is also doing some other strange things like Shockwave crashing in Chrome and requiring a computer restart and Windows Explorer randomly crashing Help custom with BSOD, build System Specs Windows Professional bit Have not reinstalled windows AMD Phenom II X Black GHz Processor ASUS M A T-V EVO Motherboard Corsair XMS RAM Gb sticks Antec High Current Gamer W PSU EVGA GeForce GTX Gb GPU Help with BSOD, custom build Seagate TB Serial Help with BSOD, custom build ATA HD Additionally I ran the Driver Verifier and got a BSOD within minutes of logging in to Windows I booted to safe mode and loaded a system restore point I didn't see the dump file in the minidump folder however I can re-try the Driver Verifier if necessary I plan to run memtest and check the hard drive after this post Thanks in advance for the help

A:Help with BSOD, custom build

I found a missing bit in some of the registers of your CPU. This can occur from a driver bug, but very unlikely. Most often, this is caused by a malfunctioning CPU. CPU malfunctioning can occur internally (meaning a bad CPU), or externally from a bad motherboard, a bad PSU, or overheating or an unstable overclocked state.

If you have your system overclocked, please immediately reset it to factory defaults. That should be the first thing done to troubleshooting the problem. Then, you'll want to conduct a couple hardware tests:

RAM: Memtest86+ - 7+ passes
CPU: Prime95 - Torture Test; Large FFTs; overnight (9+ hours)

These tests are included in the UBCD if you prefer a Live CD environment (which is the best environment to test hardware on). Note that Prime95 currently does not work on the UBCD. Also, please provide us temps/voltages using HWInfo with Sensors only option checked. Log two 30-minute instances: one for idle, and one for high load.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/help-with-bsod-custom-build-632156.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Hey Peeps!

I just had my first BSOD on my custom build. Any help in figuring out what caused this would be greatly appreciated.

It happened when I was away from my machine, while playing a playlist on youtube and having other windows open on 2 separate browsers; Chrome & Firefox.

Jonezy

A:BSOD Custom build help

CCC 14.12 WHQL works better with R9 cards, as far as I have seen. Get it from Download Drivers and see how it goes.

Let us know.

Code:
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atikmdag.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmdag.sys
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 1000007E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff8801111fdbb, fffff880081d2228, fffff880081d1a80}

Probably caused by : atikmdag.sys ( atikmdag+c7dbb )

---------

6: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M (1000007e)
This is a very common bugcheck. Usually the exception address pinpoints
the driver/function that caused the problem. Always note this address
as well as the link date of the driver/image that contains this address.
Some common problems are exception code 0x80000003. This means a hard
coded breakpoint or assertion was hit, but this system was booted
/NODEBUG. This is not supposed to happen as developers should never have
hardcoded breakpoints in retail code, but ...
If this happens, make sure a debugger gets connected, and the
system is booted /DEBUG. This will let us see why this breakpoint is
happening.
Arguments:
Arg1: ffffffffc0000005, The exception code that was not handled
Arg2: fffff8801111fdbb, The address that the exception occurred at
Arg3: fffff880081d2228, Exception Record Address
Arg4: fffff880081d1a80, Context Record Address

Debugging Details:
------------------
EXCEPTION_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000005 - The instruction at 0x%p referenced memory at 0x%p. The memory could not be %s.

FAULTING_IP:
atikmdag+c7dbb
fffff880`1111fdbb 488b83a8060000 mov rax,qword ptr [rbx+6A8h]

EXCEPTION_RECORD: fffff880081d2228 -- (.exr 0xfffff880081d2228)
ExceptionAddress: fffff8801111fdbb (atikmdag+0x00000000000c7dbb)
ExceptionCode: c0000005 (Access violation)
ExceptionFlags: 00000000
NumberParameters: 2
Parameter[0]: 0000000000000000
Parameter[1]: 00000000000006a8
Attempt to read from address 00000000000006a8

CONTEXT: fffff880081d1a80 -- (.cxr 0xfffff880081d1a80;r)
rax=0000000000000000 rbx=0000000000000000 rcx=0000000000000000
rdx=0000000000000000 rsi=00000000003c0000 rdi=0000000000000002
rip=fffff8801111fdbb rsp=fffff880081d2460 rbp=fffffa80088b6060
r8=0000000000000002 r9=000000f416368000 r10=0000000000000000
r11=fffff880081d2690 r12=fffffa80088c5c80 r13=fffffa8007b19f00
r14=fffffa800b6ca010 r15=fffff88011058000
iopl=0 nv up ei pl zr na po nc
cs=0010 ss=0018 ds=002b es=002b fs=0053 gs=002b efl=00010246
atikmdag+0xc7dbb:
fffff880`1111fdbb 488b83a8060000 mov rax,qword ptr [rbx+6A8h] ds:002b:00000000`000006a8=????????????????
Last set context:
rax=0000000000000000 rbx=0000000000000000 rcx=0000000000000000
rdx=0000000000000000 rsi=00000000003c0000 rdi=0000000000000002
rip=fffff8801111fdbb rsp=fffff880081d2460 rbp=fffffa80088b6060
r8=0000000000000002 r9=000000f416368000 r10=0000000000000000
r11=fffff880081d2690 r12=fffffa80088c5c80 r13=fffffa8007b19f00
r14=fffffa800b6ca010 r15=fffff88011058000
iopl=0 nv up ei pl zr na po nc
cs=0010 ss=0018 ds=002b es=002b fs=005... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/373505-bsod-custom-build-help.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Need some help guys, just built this PC (first build) and i'm getting this BSOD thrown my way.

A:New custom build and just got first BSOD 0x00000124

Welcome to the forums StevenP,

Any doesn't seem to be any dump files within the folder, please follow these instructions to configure a Minidump to be created upon BSOD - Dump Files - Configure Windows to Create on BSOD

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/294995-new-custom-build-just-got-first-bsod-0x00000124.html
Relevancy 67.94%

This is a new build that I recently made randomly BSOD as far as i can tell i cannot figure Build BSOD windows on when using Custom New out what the problem is maybe someone here with more expertise can weigh in I would greatly appreciate it As far as I can tell it has been pretty random just happens while browsing the internet non-specific sites and also more specifically when using youtube i don't know if it has anything to do with BSOD on New Custom Build when using windows the streaming I should mention that I have my os on a SSD and an using a raid config with tb WD hdd's as you can see by the specs post Included with this post is the zip file with all the info required asked in the BSOD posting requirements Please please please help Thanks in advance Computer Type ACPI x -based PC Operating System Microsoft Windows Ultimate OS Service Pack Service Pack Internet Explorer IE DirectX DirectX Motherboard CPU Type QuadCore Intel Core i - K MHz x Motherboard Name Gigabyte GA-Z X-UD P-B Motherboard Chipset Intel Cougar Point Z Intel Sandy Bridge System Memory MB DDR - DDR SDRAM DIMM G Skill F - CL - GBRL GB DDR - DDR SDRAM DIMM G Skill F - CL - GBRL GB DDR - DDR SDRAM DIMM G Skill F - CL - GBRL GB DDR - DDR SDRAM DIMM G Skill F - CL - GBRL GB DDR - DDR SDRAM BIOS Type Award Modular Communication Port Communications Port COM Display Video Adapter NVIDIA GeForce GTX MB Video Adapter NVIDIA GeForce GTX MB D Accelerator nVIDIA GeForce GTX Monitor Generic PnP Monitor NoDB Monitor LG W quot LCD Multimedia Audio Adapter nVIDIA HDMI DP nVIDIA GF - High Definition Audio Controller Audio Adapter Realtek ALC Intel Cougar Point PCH - High Definition Audio Storage Storage Controller Intel R Desktop Workstation Server Express Chipset SATA RAID Controller Storage Controller Marvell xx SATA G Controller Disk Drive OWC Merc ury Electra G S SCSI Disk Device GB Disk Drive Volume GB IDE Optical Drive ATAPI iHAS B RW DVD-RAM SMART Hard Disks Unknown Partitions C NTFS GB GB free D NTFS GB GB free Total Size GB GB free Input Keyboard Logitech HID-Compliant Keyboard Mouse Logitech HID-compliant Cordless Mouse Network Network Adapter Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller

A:BSOD on New Custom Build when using windows

Is there something I forgot to include? or is my problem really that hard? please i really need some help. I cannot figure out how to solve this bsod problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/177356-bsod-new-custom-build-when-using-windows.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Hello folks I am having issues with custom gaming rig I built not too long ago It started basically after I finally got everything installed and happens randomly throughout gaming or even just my wife doing online school Even the BSOD crash errors are random not showing any particular pattern at least not to my eyes On to the troubleshooting I have done I have ran sfc scannow dxdiag chkdsk r and memtest All of these come back with no issues except SFC says there are corrupted files that windows could not fix I have ran full scans many new on errors different build pc BSOD custom Getting using Windows Security Essentials which did kill some Trojans I also have ran Malwarebytes Anti-Malware free edition yes with rootkits which killed a lot of PUP optionals as well as a few malware infections and a couple more Trojans After both killing these I have run these scans again with no threats found The Blue screens seem to happen when the PC is left alone for a while I stopped sleep mode thinking that might be it but even when the monitor goes to sleep and the PC is running normally if I come back to it an hour or so later it will be sluggish then BSOD as soon as you do anything that wasn't already on It will also happen after gaming for more than a few hours Any help I could get sorting this out would be appreciated I have attached what the Batch file did to this post Thanks for Getting many different BSOD errors on new custom pc build your time Nick

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/384972-getting-many-different-bsod-errors-new-custom-pc-build.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 19
BCP1: 0000000000000020
BCP2: FFFFFA800DC661C0
BCP3: FFFFFA800DC661E0
BCP4: 0000000004020004
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1
? Windows 7
? x64 bit
? first install 3 years ago, reinstall about 5-7 months ago

? CPU Intel i5 2500k @ 4.5 hz
? Video Card EVGA Hybrid all in one liquid cool GTX 980 Ti 2 way Sli
? MotherBoard Asrock z77 Extreme 4
? Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 1000w Gold

A:BSOD 19, 4a, D1 on desktop(custom build)

When debugging an issue on a custom rig thats overclocked its best to return it to default values.
Bring your OC back to stock to see if it continues to crash.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-19-4a-d1-on-desktop-custom-build-1120625.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Hello everyone After several times of trying to resolve the issue myself i finally come to giving up In the past two months i built myself a computer Something happened and i had to RMA the motherboard After i got the motherboard i found out my GPU was also bad from the incident long story So Finally i have them both and my pc is up Build, New (Several Custom BSOD Issues) Getting Keep and running Unfortunately however I keep getting BSOD all the time ALL the time It usually happens every - minutes Sometimes it happens even quicker when I play games The BSOD sometimes says memory Management but is my ram also New Custom Build, Keep Getting BSOD (Several Issues) bad I'm really hating having to RMA all these components I'm hoping that with this dump file people can help me New Custom Build, Keep Getting BSOD (Several Issues) out Thanks guys System Specs -Intel i k CPU -Noctua NH-D CPU Cooler -Corsair Vengeance low profile ram gb x -ASUS Saberooth z Motherboard -Corsair TX M PSU -MSI R GB OC GPU -Crucial M GB SSD Programs and OS -Western Digital TB HDD Caviar Black Additional Notes -I try to update drivers via device manager and no updates can be found -I have several about Microsoft updates waiting for me but it says bit instead of bit -I get several errors with Memtest -I tried the software quot Driver Genius quot and no updates could be found -I'm using MotionJoy Software for my games this might be an issue -I've already Unistalled Kaspersky Anti Virus but BSOD still continues Thank you in advanced Edit Woah this is strange I'm getting an Error saying quot Missing hosts file quot or something like that when i try to use the Windows SevenForums Diagnostics Tool

A:New Custom Build, Keep Getting BSOD (Several Issues)

Nobody will be able to help you until you are able to run the Diagnostics Tool without problems, when do you get the error message? Does it work if you click on one button at a time instead of the "Grab all" button?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/259705-new-custom-build-keep-getting-bsod-several-issues.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi all around a month ago I build a new PC for Gaming purpose This is the hardware I chose Fractal Design Define S Corsair CP- -EU RM Asus Z Pro Gaming Intel Core i - K Prozessor be quiet BK Dark Rock Pro CPU-K hler Corsair CMK GX M A C Vengeance LPX GB MSI GeForce GTX Gaming G GB GDDR Samsung SSD Evo GB Corsair K RGB MX Brown Gen EVGA TORQ X carbon Asus VG QE After a fresh new install of Windows I started gaming on Build - New BSOD Custom within Games Assassins Creed Unity After a while I got BSODs stating IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL note without the term DRIVER I first thought the game is just buggy but I am getting these issues with AC Syndicate as well So I started using benchmark tools like Furmark hours and Memtest hours but I did not get any BSODs The next strange thing is that my BSODs never created dump files I RARELY saw the BSOD message as the New Custom Build - BSOD within Games PC was just freezing and giving distorted sounds I had a lot BSODs while gaming every minutes and I only had two or three times the BSOD message The message got stuck at when stating that dump files will be generated I checked after each crash there were no dump files When I was forcing a BSOD using testing tools I saw my Windows generating the dump files so I was sure windows would have generated them if possible However after testing with benchmarks and all I decided to reformat my SSD and install a fresh new Windows and only drivers as well as AC Syndicate I left the game running a few hours and had no issues A few days later the BSODs came back but not in the same frequency it was better but still not good However I heard the new Skylake Processors encountering a bugcheck when calculating primes so I waited for a BIOS update I applied the update version from here ASUS USA Today I had the chance to test if it was changing something I had hope it would fix the Skylake issue and I thought that may be the reason why my PC was freezing however I encountered another BSOD - but this time it was another message and Windows finally did generate some dump files UNEXPECTED KERNEL MODE TRAP I saved the MEMORY DMP file from C WINDOWS as well it is around GB Howver please find the ZIP attached generated from dm log collector exe DESKTOP-ATJP N- zip I hope you will be able to help me out Cheers Neunzehn PS Just realized there is an update for my BIOS will test and let you know in a while

A:New Custom Build - BSOD within Games

You have to remove all pirated stuff on your system before we can start troubleshooting.
Forum rules

4) No piracy or discussion of piracy allowed at all. Such as software, music, videos and other intellectual property violations (e.g. downloading youtube videos locally etc).

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/39271-new-custom-build-bsod-within-games.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Hello, My friend has a Custom Built computer (1Y old) and now he has problems his computer crashing with the DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE message. I hope someone can help us finding the problem any help is appreciated.

Thanks In Advance.

A:Custom Build PC Random BSOD sometimes

Quote: Originally Posted by GianniDPC

Hello, My friend has a Custom Built computer (1Y old) and now he has problems his computer crashing with the DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE message. I hope someone can help us finding the problem any help is appreciated.

Thanks In Advance.

Before we can get to the underlying issue (Probably USB) There is a driver that needs to be updated or removed. Yours is from 2005

Asacpi.sys

The pre 2009 version of this driver is a known BSOD cause.

Quote:
Please visit this link: Asus tek computer inc. -support- drivers and download p7p55d le

ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download P7P55D LE
ASUSTeK Computer Inc. - Motherboards- ASUS P5K-VM

Scroll down to the utilities category, then scroll down to the "atk0110 driver for windowsxp/vista/windows 7 32&64-bit" (it's about the 12th item down).

Download and install it.

Go to c:\windows\system32\drivers to check and make sure that the asacpi.sys file is date stamped from 2009 or 2010 (not before).

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/223903-custom-build-pc-random-bsod-sometimes.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Specs:

CPU: AMD FX 6100
GPU: Asus EAH5670
MOBO: Asus M5A97 EVO

Issue:

Last week I decided to bring some of my desktop hardware "up-to-date." I originally had an AMD build which I enjoyed for 6-7 years, so I went with the AM3+ build. I upgraded my MOBO, CPU and RAM. I started having BSOD's almost immediately after I was up and running and have spent a few days now trying to sort it out, but I fear this is beyond me. I have no idea if it's a driver problem, hardware problem or compatibility problem and I have hit a wall with my level of knowledge and patience. I can't really give specific circumstances for when a crash occurs because they seem to happen at random times. Any help with this problem would be greatly appreciated! If any more information is needed, please let me know.

A:BSOD - Custom Build Issues

Additional info:

PSU: Turbolink LC-A420ATX (about 7 years old)
RAM: Viper extreme PX538G2000ELK
HDD: Hitachi HDT725032VLA360 (About 7 years old)

I am currently running memtest and will complete an HDD test as well.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-custom-build-issues-622639.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi all I ve recently bought a few parts and Custom Windows build. BSOD 7 built up my first real custom PC I ll start with the Issue I Windows 7 BSOD Custom build. ll randomly get a BSOD I ve not noticed a trend like while using a certin programe or stressing the system Also Unpon wake up from sleep it will BSOD reboot and work fine untill the next random BSOD The only useful piece of infomation on the BSOD is that it states Memory Managment These are the specs at the moment Asus M A -MVP Delux motherboard GB Ram Radeon x mb graphics card soon to be upgraded to a XFX HD gb when the PSU is upgraded Phenom ghz Quad core Extreme Edition w PSU soon to be upgraded to around W x SATA HDD I hope some of this info comes in handy with trying to find the problem This is my first real custom build and i m not very good with PC Troubleshooting Best Regards Dan

A:Windows 7 BSOD Custom build.

To start with I would suggest you test the memory RAM;Use this or/and ThisCheck your Bios has the latest Bios update.You might want to check if your virtual ram is kinda low..

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/373340/windows-7-bsod-custom-build/
Relevancy 67.94%

This has happened twice in one week. The first time I don't have any details on as I was away from the computer when it happened. The second time just happened this morning. I recently installed Auto Remote and use it to put the computer to sleep and then Wake On LAN. After waking it this morning I sat down and opened WinAmp. Music froze and stuttered, then I got a BSOD.

A:BSOD after Wake On Lan - custom build

Just got another BSOD. This time Chrome was running but minimized. I had just installed some software registration program from Native Instruments. I was rearranging the shortcut icons on my desktop when I got the BSOD. That's three times in one week. I am attaching the new logs.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/360597-bsod-after-wake-lan-custom-build.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Hello I apologize in advance for being on build. BSOD daily custom Happens new but I will follow instruction if someone can just help point me BSOD on custom build. Happens daily in the right direction I have a custom BSOD on custom build. Happens daily built computer that has been BSOD on custom build. Happens daily getting random BSOD They happen everyday I can boot my computer then randomly in the first hour it will usually crash After the crash the computer works just fine until after I turn it off I can run it for days without another BSOD but as soon as I turn it off and boot back up I will inevitably get another BSOD at a random time soon after I've included my specs and ran the DM Log which is included as well I also have a crash dump analysis from WhoCrashed which I will copy paste here also Please let me know if there is anything else I need to include and what I can do to resolve this issue Thanks in advance Additionally I have no idea why WhoCrashed is showing my Windows version as Windows XP Service Pack build I most definitely have Windows Home Edition -bit System Information local -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Computer name GAMING-PC Windows version Windows XP Service Pack build Windows dir C Windows Hardware Z X-Gaming Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd CPU GenuineIntel Intel R Core TM i - K CPU GHz Intel level logical processors active mask RAM bytes total -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Crash Dump Analysis -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Crash dump directory C Windows Minidump Crash dumps are enabled on your computer On Wed PM GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmp This was probably caused by the following module ntoskrnl exe nt x C Bugcheck code x A x xFFFFFA F xFFFF x Error MEMORY MANAGEMENT file path C Windows system ntoskrnl exe product Microsoft Windows Operating System company Microsoft Corporation description NT Kernel amp System Bug check description This indicates that a severe memory management error occurred This might be a case of memory corruption More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers not because of faulty RAM modules The crash took place in the Windows kernel Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time On Wed PM GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows memory dmp This was probably caused by the following module ntkrnlmp exe nt KeBugCheckEx x Bugcheck code x A x xFFFFFA F xFFFF x Error MEMORY MANAGEMENT Bug check description This indicates that a severe memory management error occurred This might be a case of memory corruption More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers not because of faulty RAM modules The crash took place in the Windows kernel Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time On Tue PM GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmp This was probably caused by the following module ntoskrnl exe nt x C Bugcheck code x A x xFFFFFA CC F xFFFF x Error MEMORY MANAGEMENT file path C Windows system ntoskrnl exe product Microsoft Windows Operating System company Microsoft Corporation description NT Kernel amp System Bug check description This indicates that a severe memory management error occurred This might be a case of memory corruption More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers not because of faulty RAM modules The crash took place in the Windows kernel Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time On Mon PM GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmp This was probably caused by the following module cdd dll cdd x DD Bugcheck code x E xFFFFFFFFC xFFFFF A DD xFFFFF E DEA xFFFFF E D Error SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDL... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/400405-bsod-custom-build-happens-daily.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi all I am currently experiencing very frequent BSOD with PC I built recently and I'm stumped with the problems at the Build Custom on BSOD Frequent moment I've built a number of PC's in my time and never had such repetitive issues My home PC's are all custom builds and don't cause me such issues however they are on different hardware This PC is a recording server for an IP CCTV system which was thoroughly tested prior to installation on site Memtest for hours and passes AIDA Hours SeaTools tests on drives The specification is as follows MB Asus Z -PRO CPU Intel i - K HSF Arctic Freezer Pro RAM Corsair Vengeance Pro Blue GB PSU Corsair CS M OS-HDD x Sandisk X GB RAID HDD x Seagate SV TB JBOD OPT Samsung SH- DB BBE OS Windows Professional -Bit SP with all current Windows Updates installed The BIOS settings are Optimized Defaults there is no overclocking in place and no Asus Frequent BSOD on Custom Build utilities running Its a stock setup with the CCTV software loaded All the drivers are as Frequent BSOD on Custom Build supplied with the motherboard and updated if Windows Update has detected an update I've experienced crashes over the last few weeks all reporting minimal information with the vagueness of the hall dll error Temperatures are within reasonable limits and are steady at around degrees under normal load the load on the system is generally fixed as it works recording images and displaying them on the monitor As the system passed all of its stress tests the system is now in use and it'd be difficult for me to make major changes such as re-installing windows but if its really needed I'll have to see what I can do I've attached the DM logs and hopefully the culprit can be identified Please let me know if you need any more info from me

A:Frequent BSOD on Custom Build

Code:
BugCheck 124, {0, fffffa8010bcb028, bf800000, 124}

Probably caused by : GenuineIntel

---------
Follow Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/343395-frequent-bsod-custom-build.html
Relevancy 67.94%

About five months ago I decided to invest in a custom build It ran fine for the first couple months After that I began to have the occasional BSOD with increasing frequency Strangely enough they seemed to occur regularly for about a week and would then stop only to start up again a week or so later Now the problem has escalated to nearly every night I do game often but have only had one crash while doing so The rest occur randomly while watching a video online or while the computer is on sleep Unfortunately I do not Build Daily Custom with BSOD know enough to pinpoint the exact problem From what I've seen with other threads quot ntoskrnl exe quot often takes the blame for the crash but isn't necessarily the cause Rather than risk causing more damage I thought I'd seek advice from those more knowledgeable than myself Any help is greatly appreciated I have attached the SF Diagnostic Tool zip file from my crash Please let me know if there is any other information I have forgotten to include Custom Build Specs as purchased from Newegg ASUS GRYPHON Z LGA Intel Z HDMI SATA Gb s USB uATX Intel Motherboard Intel Core i - K Haswell GHz LGA W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics BX I K EVGA G-P - -KR GeForce GTX GB -bit GDDR PCI Express SLI Support w EVGA ACX Daily BSOD with Custom Build Cooler Video Card Daily BSOD with Custom Build G SKILL Ripjaws X Series GB x GB Daily BSOD with Custom Build -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Desktop Memory Model F - C D- GXM CORSAIR Hydro Series H CW- -WW High Performance Water Liquid CPU Cooler XIGMATEK FCB Fluid Circulative Bearing Cooling System XLF XLF-F PC Power and Cooling Silencer Mk III Series W Modular Power Supply features Japanese C rated Capacitors Intel th Gen CPU Haswell SAMSUNG EVO MZ- TE KW quot TLC Internal Solid State Drive SSD With Desktop Bundle Kit Seagate Barracuda ST DM TB RPM MB Cache SATA Gb s quot Internal Hard Drive Bare Drive RAIDED Windows Professional x

A:Daily BSOD with Custom Build

Hi nickiek.

A stop 0x124 is some sort of hardware issue.

Are you overclocking? As you are getting BSODs, you should stop overclocking and run all the hardware components like CPU, GPU and RAM to their default settings.

Check if the Power Supply Unit (PSU) supplying adequate power to the computer or not.
eXtreme Power Supply Calculator
Also let us know the wattage of the PSU.

Is the computer hot? Report us the heat of the computer after a couple of hours of your normal usage. Upload a screenshot of the summery tab of Speccy. Alternatively, you can publish a Speccy snapshot too: Speccy - Publish Snapshot of your System Specs .

Run memtest for at least 8 passes, preferably overnight.
If it start showing errors/red lines, stop testing. A single error is enough to determine that something is going bad there.

Stress test the CPU.

Let us know the results.
__________________________________________________________________________________________

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 124, {0, fffffa80108ba028, be000000, 100110a}

---------

1: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (124)
A fatal hardware error has occurred. Parameter 1 identifies the type of error
source that reported the error. Parameter 2 holds the address of the
WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure that describes the error conditon.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000000, Machine Check Exception
Arg2: fffffa80108ba028, Address of the WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure.
Arg3: 00000000be000000, High order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.
Arg4: 000000000100110a, Low order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.

Debugging Details:
------------------
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x124_GenuineIntel

PROCESS_NAME: System

CURRENT_IRQL: f

ANALYSIS_VERSION: 6.3.9600.16384 (debuggers(dbg).130821-1623) amd64fre

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`03308a58 fffff800`02e27a3b : 00000000`00000124 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`108ba028 00000000`be000000 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`03308a60 fffff800`02fea463 : 00000000`00000001 fffffa80`105b2da0 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`105b2df0 : hal!HalBugCheckSystem+0x1e3
fffff880`03308aa0 fffff800`02e27700 : 00000000`00000728 fffffa80`105b2da0 fffff880`03308e30 fffff880`03308e00 : nt!WheaReportHwError+0x263
fffff880`03308b00 fffff800`02e27052 : fffffa80`105b2da0 fffff880`03308e30 fffffa80`105b2da0 00000000`00000000 : hal!HalpMcaReportError+0x4c
fffff880`03308c50 fffff800`02e26f0d : 00000000`00000004 00000000`00000001 fffff880`03308eb0 00000000`00000000 : hal!HalpMceHandler+0x9e
fffff880`03308c90 fffff800`02e1ae88 : 00000000`00000000 fffff880`03300180 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : hal!HalpMceHandlerWithRendezvous+0x55
fffff880`03308cc0 fffff800`02ed24ac : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : hal!HalHandleMcheck+0x40
fffff880`03308cf0 fffff800`02ed2313 : 00000000`00000000 0... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/321143-daily-bsod-custom-build.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Hi,

new to here as have recently started to experience random BSODs. Details as follows :

Problem signature:
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48

BCCode: f4
BCP1: 0000000000000003
BCP2: FFFFFA8025E1CB30
BCP3: FFFFFA8025E1CE10
BCP4: FFFFF8000418B8B0
Product: 256_1

This is a custom build with an EVGA SR-2 motherboard Nvidia 580gtx video card and windows 7 x64

Any advice as to cause / fix greatly appreciated !

Thanks in advance

A:Custom build Windows 7 frequent BSOD

All five error codes are the same 0x000000F4: CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION
One of the many processes or threads crucial to system operation has unexpectedly exited or been terminated. As a result, the system can no longer function. Specific causes are many, and often best resolved by a careful history of the problem and the circumstances of the error message.

All five cite Windows OS drivers - wininit.exe (3x) and csrss.exe (2x) - and the thing with OS drivers is that they are usually not the issue; they more so point out that there is an issue.

Have you been infected lately? What security software are you running? Do a virus and malware scan.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/custom-build-windows-7-frequent-bsod.171857/
Relevancy 67.08%

Ok so I m having a few different types of Certain games on crashing build custom (BSOD) PC bluescreen errors on my computer First off specs of importance AMD FX tm - Quad-Core Processor Core name is AMD bulldozer GB RAM DDR Radeon HD GB Graphics card TB HD Motherboard is a Gigabyte GA- A-UD Windows Home Premium I ve had a multitude of errors sometimes I wont have a problem for a while I ve had memory errors and those LESS EQUAL type things Also sometimes when certain games Certain games crashing on custom PC build (BSOD) go to full window mode upon startup I wont get to see a blue-screen and instead I suddenly notice that my computer has restarted All cooling is checked out Certain games crashing on custom PC build (BSOD) and I havn t seen anything New build Certain games crashing on custom PC build (BSOD) so there isn t any dust in the whole case and the case has all the wires routed through a side pannel out of the way for good airflow only CERTAIN games crash I was suspect of my graphics card until I opened up skyrim on Ultra with mods for even higher detail textures and it all works out just fine Games crashing upon opening are quot Blacklight Retribution quot and the new quot Counter Strike Global Offensive quot I ve checked my Direct X Version and I m on so I figure that isnt the problem I doubt it s related but for some reason the silverlight pluggin for netflix crashes occasionally for no apparent reason I m pretty sure all my drivers definitely my GPU is up-to-date but there hasn t been any change Maybe I missed a step on calibrating something with custom builds Thanks so much nbsp

A:Certain games crashing on custom PC build (BSOD)

had an error watching youtube ( I swear it's getting worse)

Memory Management
Tech info was like 0x0000000A1

I've also had the 0x0000007E or something similar in the past

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/certain-games-crashing-on-custom-pc-build-bsod.184556/
Relevancy 67.08%

Hey guys I have a PC that was custom built with all new hardware and it has hard freezes requiring a cold boot It happens anywhere from once a month to a couple times a day Hardware Custom BSOD New Freezes no build These freezes occur while doing anything from watching a movie browsing the web or when it's just sitting idly I replaced the PSU flashed the Bios reinstalled windows changed the power settings updated drivers and re-sat the ram with no change Windows event viewer doesn't show anything that related to the crash New Hardware Custom build Freezes no BSOD except quot previous system shutdown was unexpected quot After running stress cpu and memtest all came up fine Since all New Hardware Custom build Freezes no BSOD the hardware is new not sure what New Hardware Custom build Freezes no BSOD to switch out next if I should reinstall windows again or change something in the bios I'm using a Intel i k Intel graphics Asus H M-A Motherboard Crucial DDR Ram GB Samsung Evo SSD as primary drive Seagate TB HDD Corsair watt PSU Any help is appreciated

A:New Hardware Custom build Freezes no BSOD

Is all the parts intact and nothing is loose or anything?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/368771-new-hardware-custom-build-freezes-no-bsod.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Ok i have a custom build CPU BSoD build crashing custom Redirected computer worked fine then BSoD just recently it has started to just crash with no memory dmp files already ruled out hardware and BC adivsor believes it my be infected the link to the previous forum is as followed http www bleepingcomputer com forums ind p entry i went and used gmer but i noticed they said it was only for vista and earlier so when i tried scanning it gave me theC Windows system config system Redirected custom build CPU BSoD crashing The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another processit would then run but came back clean also for some reason the only things i could scan were service registry files everything else was grayed outalso when tryingto back up my computer like instructed i got a bunch of these - - The log tab has been cleared to increase performanceERR - - There were errors logged before the tab was cleared so check the real log file Log - Open log files ERR - - An error occurred while compressing the file quot GLOBALROOT Device HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy Games sacred scripts particle fx inq seelenfaenger s particle quot Disk is full There is not enough free space on disk - Native error ERR - - An error occurred while compressing the file quot GLOBALROOT Device HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy Games sacred scripts Redirected custom build CPU BSoD crashing particle fx inq seelenraub c particle quot Disk is full There is not enough free space on disk - Native error ERR - - An error occurred while Redirected custom build CPU BSoD crashing compressing the file quot GLOBALROOT Device HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy Games sacred scripts particle fx inq seelenraub c particle quot Disk is full There is not enough free space on disk - Native error ERR - - An error occurred while compressing the file quot GLOBALROOT Device HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy Games sacred scripts particle fx inq vergeltung particle quot Disk is full There is not enough free space on disk - Native error ERR - - An error occurred while compressing the file quot GLOBALROOT Device HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy Games sacred scripts particle fx inq vergeltung c particle quot Disk is full There is not enough free space on disk - Native error ERR - - An error occurred while compressing the file quot GLOBALROOT Device HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy Games sacred scripts particle fx inq vergeltung c particle quot Disk is full There is not enough free space on disk - Native error ERR - - An error occurred while compressing the file quot GLOBALROOT Device HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy Games sacred scripts particle fx inq versklavung c particle quot Disk is full There is not enough free space on disk - Native error ERR - - An error occurred while compressing the file quot GLOBALROOT Device HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy Games sacred scripts particle fx irrlicht particle quot Disk is full There is not enough free space on disk - Native error ERR - - An error occurred while compressing the file quot GLOBALROOT Device HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy Games sacred scripts particle fx irrlicht particle quot Disk is full There is not enough free space on disk - Native error ERR - - An error occurred while compressing the file quot GLOBALROOT Device HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy Games sacred scripts particle fx kehlenreisser particle quot Disk is full There is not enough free space on disk - Native error ERR - - An error occurred while compressing the file quot GLOBALROOT Device HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy Games sacred scripts particle fx kingscorpion dust c particle quot Disk is full There is not enough free space on disk - Native error ERR - - An error occurred while compressing the file quot GLOBALROOT Device HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy Games sacred scripts particle fx kingscorpion dust c particle quot Disk is full There is not enough free space on disk - Native error ERR - - An error occurred while compressing the file quot GLOBALROOT Device HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy Games sacred scripts particle fx kingscorpion dust c pa... Read more

A:Redirected custom build CPU BSoD crashing

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. Please include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Please refrain from running tools or applying updates other than those we suggest while we are cleaning up your computer. The reason for this is so we know what is going on with the machine at any time. Some programs can interfere with others and hamper the recovery process.Even if you have already provided information about your PC, we need a new log to see what has changed since you originally posted your problem.We need to create an OTL ReportPlease download OTL from one of the following mirrors:This is THE MirrorSave it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.In the custom scan box paste the following:CODEmsconfigsafebootminimalactivexdrivers32netsvcs%SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.exe/md5starteventlog.dllscecli.dllnetlogon.dllcngaudit.dllsceclt.dllntelogon.dlllogevent.dlliaStor.sysnvstor.sysatapi.sysIdeChnDr.sysviasraid.sysAGP440.sysvaxscsi.sysnvatabus.sysviamraid.sysnvata.sysnvgts.sysiastorv.sysViPrt.syseNetHook.dllahcix86.sysKR10N.sysnvstor32.sysahcix86s.sysnvrd32.syssymmpi.sysadp3132.sysmv61xx.sysnvraid.sys/md5stop%systemroot%\*. /mp /s%systemroot%\system32\*.dll /lockedfiles%systemroot%\Tasks\*.job /lockedfiles%systemroot%\system32\drivers\*.sys /lockedfiles%systemroot%\System32\config\*.sav%systemroot%\system32\drivers\*.sys /90Push the button.Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:OTL.txt <-- Will be openedExtra.txt<--Will be minimizedIn the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Options. If you click on this in the drop-down menu you can choose Track this topic. I suggest you do this and select Immediate E-Mail notification and click on Proceed. This way you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.After 5 days if a topic is not replied to we assume it has been abandoned and it is closed.regards myrti

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/316727/redirected-custom-build-cpu-bsod-crashing/
Relevancy 67.08%

Hello,

I've been having blue screens for quite some time. I even formatted my computer 3 days ago and so far already got 2 blue screens.
I am not sure what's going on, I updated all my drivers and make sure everything is up to date.

And for some reason my minidumps aren't recording either, luckily I took a pic of it.

On my "Errors.rar" file there's Errors.evtx, from administrative events, not sure if will be also useful but I hope so.

Thank you for the support.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/382200-need-help-bsod-custom-build-updated-drivers.html
Relevancy 67.08%

This was my first custom BSOD the out Build. Can't Custom culprit. figure build Everything BSOD Custom Build. Can't figure out the culprit. has went well for about a month then I received my first BSOD The PC crashed and upon reboot said Checksum error This made me believe my MOB battery was bad so I replaced it This did not fix the problem I eventually restored to a system image and everything was fine for a day or two This morning I have had BSOD Any help would be appreciated I have followed the posting instructions I think After checking a few of the other threads I am going to go ahead and do a few of the beginning suggestions such as SFC scan and disk check I already have Malwarebytes Pro installed I have also used ADW On Tue PM GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmp This was probably caused by the following module ntoskrnl exe nt x BC Bugcheck code x A x xFFFFFA C xFFFF x Error MEMORY MANAGEMENT file path C Windows system ntoskrnl exe product Microsoft Windows Operating System company Microsoft Corporation description NT Kernel amp System Bug check description This indicates that a severe memory management error occurred This might be a case of memory corruption More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers not because of faulty RAM modules The crash took place in the Windows kernel Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time On Tue PM GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows memory dmp This was probably caused by the following module ntkrnlmp exe nt KeBugCheckEx x Bugcheck code x A x xFFFFFA C xFFFF x Error MEMORY MANAGEMENT Bug check description This indicates that a severe memory management error occurred This might be a case of memory corruption More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers not because of faulty RAM modules The crash took place in the Windows kernel Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time

A:BSOD Custom Build. Can't figure out the culprit.

This is a little disturbing..

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/324122-bsod-custom-build-cant-figure-out-culprit.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Hello I have been experiencing very intermittent issues with my Windows -Bit PC It has been crashing with a Blue Screen - Times week for about a month now no With on created being .dmp files Custom BSOD Build The problem is that there are no dmp files being created even though the system is set to write Kernel Memory Dumps on system failures All Drivers are up-to-date as far as I know The BSOD on Custom Build With no .dmp files being created only crash file is from December which is irrelevant to the current issues My PC has been stable for over a year with the exception of the December crash which was a one-time thing imo I do not overclock the PC and all bios settings are default with the exception of the RAM profile being set to XMP- because my ram by default was running Mhz if I remember correctly Things I have done thus far CMD Prompt sfc scannow chkdsk C F H Y Z all with the toggle r - I presumed that perhaps a bad HDD SSD was to blame as I recently installed the two TB HDD's but they all checked out OK Memtest for hours no bad ram - I recently installed GB ram vs GB Attached is the DM log collector file Any help on how to get the system to write crash files or ideas as to what could be causing the issues would be appreciated -Thank you Wise

A:BSOD on Custom Build With no .dmp files being created

Update: My PC just crashed again... Twice. I disabled the "Automatic restart on system failure" and wrote down some information about the BSOD. Silly me, I found the .dmp file. It was set to be on a HDD that is NOT the OS drive.

Information about the crash: 0x50, Page_Fault_In_Nonpaged_area
So I presume a driver is the culprit? Also, the .dmp file is 2.5GB, 300MB compressed, I can upload somewhere if need be.

Edit: Second Crash, the .zip folder of the file is attached.
WhoCrashed blamed hardware: 0x124. I don't have any overclocks (aside from my GTX 680 which is factory overclocked).

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/338068-bsod-custom-build-no-dmp-files-being-created.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Hello!

This is a new custom build. I have had several BSOD errors however the only one I can remember coming up more the once is one that named "memory mangment." I included a quick pic of the failed mem test with the test not showing which channel is bad. I hope with the uploaded zipfile and the pic it is enough information. Let me know if I missed something. Any help is greatly appreciated.

(link to pic of memtest)
http://s615.photobucket.com/user/greenthingsjump/media/IMG_20130719_090605.jpg.html

Joshua

A:BSOD, Custom Build, Memory Mangment

Hi Jouhua ....

Is it the image that you wanted to upload? I have scaled it down.
Attachment 277189

The image indicates that memtest detected a RAM failure. A lot of failures in the pass one only.

Now it is your time to follow the Part 3: If You Have Errors: of How to Test and Diagnose RAM Issues with Memtest86+
First run it with all the existing/installed RAM modules. If it comes with no error, all is good.

But if it starts showing errors (as in your case), Stop testing. Errors/red lines means one or more RAM is faulty. But the fault may occur due to a faulty DIMM slot, too, which is a motherboard component. Using memtest86+, you can discriminate between a faulty RAM and a faulty motherboard.

How? Say you have two RAM sticks and two DIMM slots. You obtained errors at the test with all RAM sticks installed. Now, remove all the sticks but one. Test it in all the available slots, one by one. Continue the same procedure for all the available sticks.
How to make the inference that is it a RAM issue or it is a motherboard issue? Suppose you have got the result like that:
testSlot1Slot2RAM1ErrorErrorRAM2GoodGood It is a RAM, a bad RAM.

But if you have got a result like that:
testSlot1Slot2RAM1ErrorGoodRAM2ErrorGood It is a motherboard issue. The particular slot is bad.

Let us know the results.

** I haven't checked the dumps as nothing should be done here before deciding about the failing RAM.

If there are even more problem after doing the aforesaid suggestion, let us know

Edit: The crash dumps showed some graphics error too. The ATI display driver is not the latest one.
After completing the memory issue, uninstall the display drive using AMD Catalyst Un-install Utility. Then update your ATI/AMD display driver to the latest WHQL.
You can get it from the link in our forum, Latest AMD Catalyst Video Driver for Windows 7, or you may go to AMD Graphics Driver and Software and opt for Automatically Detect and Install the appropriate driver for your card.

During installation, you may opt for advanced installation, and install the display driver only, not the Catalyst Control Center.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/297893-bsod-custom-build-memory-mangment.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Hi

I've had a problem with my computer for as long as i can remember. BSOD.
The BSOD messages vary from time to time.

Here are my dmp files and other info.

All help is appreciated.

Mvh Rolfern

A:Custom Build PC. Diffrent BSOD messages.

Hello rolfern, I looked through your files and a few things came to my attention, first start by uninstalling bot hDaemon tools and Alcohol 120% then download and run this tool:

DuplexSecure - Downloads

when the tool runs if the uninstall button is grayed out you are done and can close the window, if it is not clickit and allow it to do its job. DO NOT click the install button it will install a driver known to cause BSODs onto your system.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/283953-custom-build-pc-diffrent-bsod-messages.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Intel Core i - K GHz Quad-Core Processor Gigabyte GA-Z X-GAMING ATX LGA Motherboard G Skill Ripjaws W7 fresh Build Custom after BSOD Installs two Z Series GB x GB DDR - Memory Asus GeForce GTX GB STRIX Video Card Corsair CX W Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply Crucial Custom Build BSOD after two fresh W7 Installs M Series GB SSD - CT M SSD Windows Ultimate Bit My daughter has some interest in PCs so we decided to build a PC to see if it was something she wanted to do more of We purchased the above part list and assembled them in an NZXT S ATX Mid Tower Case After assembly we installed W Ultimate Bit The system crashed upon launching any game Crashes were immediate reboots and most often not the BSOD but there were an occasional BSOD as well After a few weeks of troubleshooting we reformatted and reinstalled everything but this time we did not install any of the ASUS Graphics card drivers We let Windows do it on its own That seemed to help reduce the crashes Then I realized I could disable the on board graphics in the BIOS and did so Maybe there were conflicts between the motherboard graphics and the ASUS Graphics card Not sure So as of today I am happy to say we seemed to have resolved all crashing with the exception of the BSOD which seems to happen about once a day We leave the PC on all of the time The BSOD crash will occur even when no one is using the PC So I am at a loss as to what to do I found this wonderful site in a google search I am so happy to see there is a community of experts and hopefully one day I will able to give back

A:Custom Build BSOD after two fresh W7 Installs

...finding more info on this site. I am going to run Memtest86+ V5.01 USB today to see if there is a problem with either my memory or motherboard memory slots. If no problems found after 8+ passes I will try Driver verifyer.

Since I purchased these parts in June, I would like to know if there are problems with any of my components now in order to get support from the manufacturer.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/375961-custom-build-bsod-after-two-fresh-w7-installs.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Hiya, any help with this is much appreciated

Win 7 Pro 64bit
4gb RAM
4x MSI R9 270x
MSI Z77A-G45 MB
Celeron G1620

A:BSOD on new custom build random in timing

Hi James R 909.

Disabling hibernate will be good for you. And hibernate is not a must for a desktop.

Also Install Service pack 1 and all other windows updates. Otherwise the system will remain vulnerable to threats.

Code:
BugCheck A0, {b, bd867000, 3, 10c27000}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!PopWriteHiberPages+a3 )

---------
Learn how to install Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1)
Service Pack and Update Center - Microsoft Windows

Let us know the results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/319798-bsod-new-custom-build-random-timing.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Hi I'm getting the BSOD error on my new custom built machine after a few hours of use every time i use it I've just built the PC a week ago the CPU mobo amp Ram are new parts upgrading from my old set up The HDD amp power supply are years old I've used the SF Diagnostics tool to get the dump files amp attached them to this post My PC specs are Windows bit Home Premium Installed from a purchased OEM dvd on new error BSOD Constant custom build Mobo Asus H M-E Socket w integrated graphics processor amp on board Realtek ALC HD audio card Drivers installed from Constant BSOD error on new custom build bundled dvd CPU Intel Core i k ghz Quad processor Ram X Corsair GB DDR MHz Vengeance Kit - CL - - - Power Supply OCZ Stealth X Stream w HDD Western Digital tb mb cache SATA DVD Drive Pioneer DVD-RW DVR- L ATAPI Case Cooler Master Cm III Advance ATX Mid-Tower Cooling X case fans amp standard Intel CPU cooling fan bundled with chip Hope someone can help me with this it's driving me crazy

A:Constant BSOD error on new custom build

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 124, {0, fffffa800996d028, bf800000, 124}

---------
Are you overclocking? As you are getting BSODs, you should stop overclocking and run all the hardware components like CPU, GPU and RAM to their default settings.

Check if the Power Supply Unit (PSU) supplying adequate power to the computer or not.
eXtreme Power Supply Calculator

Report us the heat of the computer after a couple of hours of your normal usage. Upload a screenshot of the summery tab of Speccy. Alternatively, you can publish a Speccy snapshot too: Speccy - Publish Snapshot of your System Specs .

Stress test the CPU.

Let us know the results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/322649-constant-bsod-error-new-custom-build.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Hey I m building a new computer and these are the parts I ve picked Custom Build Computer out and I was wondering or more like double checking if they are all compatible with you guys and maybe some opinions on different parts My Custom Computer Build current setup costs about and I would like to keep it around or lower thanks P S This is a gaming computer Cooler Master HAF http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Western Digital Caviar Blue GB RPM SATA http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E ASUS M A XTD EVO http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E EVGA GeForce GTX MB http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Sony x DVD-CD x http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E OCZ GameXStream W ATX V SLI Certified http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E G SKILL Ripjaws Series GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E AMD Phenom II X Black Edition Deneb GHz http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E ZALMAN A mm Ball CPU Cooler http www newegg com Product Product aspx Item N E Thanks nbsp

A:Custom Computer Build

The system looks good. You could get yourself a cheaper case like the CM-690 or an Antec 900. Also, the Xigmatek HDT S1283 or Scythe Katana will be a better CPU cooler for cheaper.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/custom-computer-build.139752/
Relevancy 67.08%

Hello I am lookong for a possible build custom a to Looking computer new Gaming computer and I need some parts to go with them I will give my old emachine to my dad who needs a newer omputer anyway and I have a budget of around - with Shipping and Handling I have a basic layout here POWMAX CP PL- Window Black Silver SGCC ATX Mid Tower Computer Case W Power Supply - Retail ATI - Radeon X PRO MB GDDR PCI Express x CrossFire Ready Video Card - Retail SABRENT SBT-SP C Channels PCI Interface Sound Card - Retail Item N E Intel BOXD Looking to build a custom computer GZISSL LGA Intel GZ Micro ATX Intel Motherboard - Retail Intel Core Duo E Conroe GHz LGA Processor Model BX E - Retail Western Digital Caviar WD BB GB RPM IDE Ultra ATA Hard Drive - OEM LITE-ON X DVD R DVD Burner Black IDE Model LH- W P- - Retail Item N E Comes to about Is there anything I can fix with that To make it cheaper I m basically KotOR and WoW guy not much there Should be a vast improvement over my emachine Thanks guys sw nbsp

A:Looking to build a custom computer

forgot the memory. Get a cheaper Cpu, and upgrade that vid card to at least a 7600.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/looking-to-build-a-custom-computer.78710/
Relevancy 66.22%

less then two weeks ago I built a new PC to replace an old ailing computer (that I had built a number of years ago)

Ever since I've had it running however it, apparently randomly, will BSOD then restart. This has been happening several times a day even after a re-install I carried out last Friday. I was careful to use an anti-static mat and wrist strap whilst assembling the components.

EDIT: forgot to rename the zip file before uploading.

A:Random BSOD on new custom build & clean install of Win 7 Pro 64

Hello and welcome Stellaflora I am no expert at reading those dump files but am just wondering if you can find what the CPU temp is seeing that it is shutting down and then restarting.

Try Speccy to find out what it is it isn't an absolute exact measurement but close enough for this purpose.

Speccy - Download < download from piriform

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/280338-random-bsod-new-custom-build-clean-install-win-7-pro-64-a.html
Relevancy 66.22%

i've had 2 BSOD's in this month on my new computer. They're about 2 different things and i'm inexperienced at fixing crashes. i've opened the .dmp files in Win Debug but i really don't know how to use the information it's giving me. This forum has helped a ton of people and i hope that it will help me as well. I have attached the .zip file in this thread as your forum rules say. if you need any additional information, contact me in a comment to this forum. Thank you. (the attachment thing in this forum is wierd)

A:BSOD, Custom Build, about usbhub.sys and other probably system driver.

ok the probably system driver thing might be incorrect
this is ALL the information Debug gave to me (its not a lot):

Code:
fffff880`0691d000 fffff880`06970a80 lvrs64 T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: lvrs64.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\lvrs64.sys
Image name: lvrs64.sys
Timestamp: Tue Jan 17 22:40:36 2012 (4F166964)
CheckSum: 00061E9E
ImageSize: 00053A80

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/293288-bsod-custom-build-about-usbhub-sys-other-probably-system-driver.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Long time reader - first time poster. Built my first custom computer a while back and have been fighting issues for a while.

Here are my symptoms; these don't occur with any specific frequency and don't seem to be caused by any specific action:

-BSOD
IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE
BAD_POOL_CALLER
BAD_POOL_HEADER
REFERENCE_BY_POINTER
Video Scheduler has experienced an error (or something like that)
-Flickering/Disappearing Windows
-Crash w/o BSOD....just a frozen screen
These are the actions I've taken:
-Manually (and with third party software) verified all drivers are current
-Windows Memory Test
-Third party RAM test
-Clean install/re-installs of windows 7 and upgrade to windows 10

DM log uploaded

For some reason, it doesn't seem as if my computer is generating regular dump files. Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/385177-first-custom-build-bsod-errors-flickering-screen.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Note that 'high-usage' mostly just means Skyrim right now, because I just got it and haven't done much else with the machine. It doesn't happen every time - it's happened twice. Once, I can ignore, twice not so much. The first time it happened I *did not* have the video card listed, it was on-board graphics (which could reasonably have been the issue). I unfortunately know more Linux than Windows at this point and have no idea how to work with the dump file, but feel free to tech-speak to me all you want.

Thanks a bunch in advance for your help. I've seen you work magic as I passed through in Googling.

A:BSOD on entirely new custom build in high-usage scenarios

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 124, {0, fffffa8008000028, be000000, 100110a}

---------
Bugcheck 124's are almost always a hardware-related issue. The offending hardware can be isolated by performing some tests. You MUST reset all overclocked components back to the default settings prior to performing these tests.

Test CPU:

CPU - Stress Test Using IntelBurnTest - use the Highest Test

and

RAM:

RAM - Test with Memtest86+ - run a minimum of 8 passes

Video Card:

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/321151-bsod-entirely-new-custom-build-high-usage-scenarios.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi guys and gals,
I recently built my own PC and things were going pretty well for at least 2 months. I am now getting the BSOD every 5 hours or so on NORMAL usage of my computer, e.g. browsing the web, word processing, etc. No excessive computer use at all. I am getting the following error:
Problem signature:
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3

BCCode: 1e
BCP1: 0000000000000000
BCP2: 0000000000000000
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: 0000000000000000
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\101613-50700-01.dmp
C:\Users\*myname*\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-1898157-0.sysdata.xml

I have also attached the SF Diagnostic Tool File.
Any help is appreciated!

Thanks a bunch.

A:BSOD Randomly on Normal Usage of Custom Build

Welcome to the forum:

A "stop 0x124" is fundamentally different to many other types of bluescreens because it stems from a hardware complaint. Stop 0x124 minidumps contain very little practical information, and it is therefore necessary to approach the problem as a case of hardware in an unknown state of distress. You can read more on this error and what to try here... Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try: Stop 124 - What it means and what to try

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 124, {0, fffffa800e9e3028, be000000, 800400}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for intelppm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for intelppm.sys

---------

0: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (124)
A fatal hardware error has occurred. Parameter 1 identifies the type of error
source that reported the error. Parameter 2 holds the address of the
WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure that describes the error conditon.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000000, Machine Check Exception
Arg2: fffffa800e9e3028, Address of the WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure.
Arg3: 00000000be000000, High order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.
Arg4: 0000000000800400, Low order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.

Debugging Details:
------------------

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x124_GenuineIntel

CURRENT_IRQL: f

STACK_TEXT:
fffff800`00ba8a98 fffff800`03401a3b : 00000000`00000124 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`0e9e3028 00000000`be000000 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff800`00ba8aa0 fffff800`02f96463 : 00000000`00000001 fffffa80`0d85c820 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`0d85c870 : hal!HalBugCheckSystem+0x1e3
fffff800`00ba8ae0 fffff800`03401700 : 00000000`00000728 fffffa80`0d85c820 fffff800`00ba8e70 fffff800`00ba8e00 : nt!WheaReportHwError+0x263
fffff800`00ba8b40 fffff800`03401052 : fffffa80`0d85c820 fffff800`00ba8e70 fffffa80`0d85c820 00000000`00000000 : hal!HalpMcaReportError+0x4c
fffff800`00ba8c90 fffff800`03400f0d : 00000000`00000008 00000000`00000001 fffff800`00ba8ef0 00000000`00000000 : hal!HalpMceHandler+0x9e
fffff800`00ba8cd0 fffff800`033f4e88 : 00000000`00000000 fffff800`02ffae80 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : hal!HalpMceHandlerWithRendezvous+0x55
fffff800`00ba8d00 fffff800`02e7e4ac : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : hal!HalHandleMcheck+0x40
fffff800`00ba8d30 fffff800`02e7e313 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KxMcheckAbort+0x6c
fffff800`00ba8e70 fffff880`04523bd4 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiMcheckAbort+0x153
fffff800`00b9cb30 00000000`00000000 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : intelppm+0x2bd4

STACK_COMMAND: kb

FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: GenuineIntel

IMAGE_NAME: GenuineIntel

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 0

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x124_GenuineIntel_PROCESSOR_MAE

BUCKET_ID: X64_0x124_GenuineIntel_PROCES... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/308504-bsod-randomly-normal-usage-custom-build.html
Relevancy 66.22%

I recently rebuilt my computer with almost all new parts except the 2 160GB HDD's which have all of my old data. I am getting multiple BSOD's but they usually refer to the driver ntfs.sys as the culprit from what I can find.

My previous system was receiving ntoskrnl.exe BSOD's but they were fairly rare. My new machine is getting them sporadically but usually a couple a day. It BSOD's once I ran the SF_Diagnostic Tool.

I have attached the dump files it created.

My PC Specs are in my "System Specs" portion of my profile

3.5Ghz FX-6300
8GB GSKILL Ripjaw X
1x Samsung M 120Gb SSD
1x WD Blue 1TB
GigaByte GA-970A-UD3

A:Multiple BSOD New custom Build ntfs.sys ntoskrnl.exe

Hello , The file you uploaded is corrupt, try running the SFDT again using the Grab All option.

Seeing how old the drives are I would recommend testing them.

Warning
This method should NOT be performed on an SSD!

Testing the HDD:
Perform a Disk Check | Disk Check
Then Post the results following | THIS METHOD
Download SeaTools for Windows if you don't want to use a CD to test the HDD you can use YUMI – Multiboot USB Creator to create a bootable USB (instructions are found at the bottom of both pages).
If SeaTools for Windows is unable to recognize your HDD visit HDDdiag and follow the instructions.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/303671-multiple-bsod-new-custom-build-ntfs-sys-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 66.22%
A:BSOD related to win32k.sys on new custom build (W7 Ulti x64)

Hello Jaffa, and welcome to Seven Forums.

Please read the instructions here: Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions, and post back with the needed information. One of our BSOD experts should be by later when able to further help.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/322923-bsod-related-win32k-sys-new-custom-build-w7-ulti-x64.html
Relevancy 66.22%

My custom rig is having issues with a recurring BSOD, particularly when playing Guild Wars 2. I have researched and researched, but have yet to come up with a definitive solution to my problem. I am grasping at straws at this point and am hoping for some additional help with this issue. I have attached the info obtained from the SF Tool as well as the BSOD itself. This is my second attempt at finding help in this forum, as I believe my first attempt was too vague, because nobody was offering any info. Any insight is greatly appreciated, and I thank you in advance!

A:BSOD recurring on custom build; 0x07A 0x0f4

Hi nickfreiberg.

Scan the system for possible virus infection with the following programs.
Anti-rootkit utility TDSSKiller
Windows Defender Offline
Do some Disc checks.
Re-seat the sata and power.

Run chkdsk /f/r, following the option two of the tutorial Disk Check
Seatool for dos: SeaTools | Seagate download
Burn it in a blank cd. boot from the CD, click on "Accept", wait for it to finish detecting the drives, then in the upper left corner select "Basic Tests", then select "Long Test" and let it run.
Post a screenshot of your HDD using CrystalDiskInfo - Software - Crystal Dew World
Uninstall Marvell SCSI controllers (Marvell 91xx) in Control panel > Programs and Features. Then follow Drivers - Clean Left over Files after Uninstalling to clean up the leftovers. Visually it is very old.

Code:
fffff880`0113e000 fffff880`011cb000 mv91xx (deferred)
Image path: mv91xx.sys
Image name: mv91xx.sys
Timestamp: Mon Nov 22 12:30:45 2010 (4CEA151D)
CheckSum: 0004B35E
ImageSize: 0008D000
And, marvell is poorly coded.

Disable RAID in BIOS. Set the storage controller to AHCI mode.

Let us know the results.
______________________________________________________________________________________
BSOD ANALYSIS:

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck F4, {3, fffffa80096b8b30, fffffa80096b8e10, fffff800033cb350}

----- ETW minidump data unavailable-----
Probably caused by : wininit.exe

---------

4: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION (f4)
A process or thread crucial to system operation has unexpectedly exited or been
terminated.
Several processes and threads are necessary for the operation of the
system; when they are terminated (for any reason), the system can no
longer function.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000003, Process
Arg2: fffffa80096b8b30, Terminating object
Arg3: fffffa80096b8e10, Process image file name
Arg4: fffff800033cb350, Explanatory message (ascii)

Debugging Details:
------------------

KERNEL_LOG_FAILING_PROCESS: ?

PROCESS_OBJECT: fffffa80096b8b30

IMAGE_NAME: wininit.exe

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 0

MODULE_NAME: wininit

FAULTING_MODULE: 0000000000000000

PROCESS_NAME: wininit.exe

EXCEPTION_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000005 - The instruction at 0x%08lx referenced memory at 0x%08lx. The memory could not be %s.

BUGCHECK_STR: 0xF4_c0000005

CURRENT_IRQL: 0

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`0953be38 fffff800`03452d22 : 00000000`000000f4 00000000`00000003 fffffa80`096b8b30 fffffa80`096b8e10 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`0953be40 fffff800`033ff08b : ffffffff`ffffffff fffffa80`0c846b50 fffffa80`096b8b30 fffffa80`096b8b30 : nt!PspCatchCriticalBreak+0x92
fffff880`0953be80 fffff800`0337f144 : ffffffff`ffffffff 00000000`00000001 fffffa80`096b8b30 00000000`00000008 : nt! ?? ::NNGAKEGL::`string'+0x17486
fffff880`0953bed0 fffff800`030c3e93 : fffffa80`096b8b30 fffff800`c0000005 fffffa80`0c846b50 00000000`020a03c0 : ... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/291928-bsod-recurring-custom-build-0x07a-0x0f4.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hey guys I have a PC that was custom built with all new build no hard new freezes BSOD All hardware custom hardware and it has hard freezes requiring a cold boot It happens anywhere from once a month to a couple times a day These freezes occur while doing anything from watching a movie browsing the web or when it's just sitting idly I replaced the PSU flashed the Bios reinstalled windows changed the power settings updated drivers and re-sat the ram with no change Windows event viewer doesn't show anything that related to the crash except previous system shutdown was unexpected After running stress cpu and memtest All new hardware custom build hard freezes no BSOD all came up fine Since all the hardware is new not sure what to switch out next if I should reinstall windows again or change something in the bios I'm using a Intel i k Intel graphics Asus H M-A Motherboard Crucial DDR Ram GB Samsung Evo SSD as primary drive Seagate TB HDD Corsair watt PSU Any help is appreciated

A:All new hardware custom build hard freezes no BSOD

Please download and install Speccy to provide us with information about your computer.  Clicking on this link will automatically initiate the download. 

When Speccy opens you will see a screen similar to the one below.

Click on File which is outlined in red in the screen above, and then click on Publish Snapshot.

The following screen will appear, click on Yes.

The following screen will appear, click on Copy to Clipboard.

In your next post right click inside the Reply to Topic box, then click on Paste.  This will load a link to the Speccy log.

Please download MiniToolBox, save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark only the following checkboxes:

• List last 10 Event Viewer log
• List Installed Programs
• List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
• List Minidump Files

Click on Go to start the scan.  Once it is finished highlight the text, copy it and paste it in your next post.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/575013/all-new-hardware-custom-build-hard-freezes-no-bsod/
Relevancy 66.22%

I just finished a desktop build and have been getting a random BSOD I custom occurring BSOD on new build install Randomly purchased Randomly occurring BSOD on new install custom build a driver program thinking it would do a better job than I did manually DriverDoc It seemed fine for a couple of days after running that program but I ended up having BSOD events in the last two days Both were during the night when the computer was asleep and not being used I am not sure if I had muliple problems and DriverDoc solved most but not all or what I have run memtest and the memory showed no errors in passes I also ran Bluescreenview and all dumps involved ntoskrnl exe which from what I understand is fairly non-specific since all it tells me is it involves the kernel Any help would be appreciated Oh BTW when I first started the build I had just finished installing the OS and the motherboard would no longer boot into bios so I returned the motherboard and replaced it with the same model I do not know if something could have messed up the install as I did not start all over again I assume all of the specs I entered will be available for this post If not please let me know This is my first time posting to this forum

A:Randomly occurring BSOD on new install custom build

looks like you are correct there, just back up your files and do a clean install.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/378051-randomly-occurring-bsod-new-install-custom-build.html
Relevancy 66.22%

W bit SP AMD Athlon X GHz ARCTIC COOLING Freezer Pro Rev GIGABYTE GA- A-UD Corsair G XMS TW X G C A G XFX Radeon HD Corsair TX W CREATIVE SB X-Fi Titanium GB WD Caviar Black Machine was built by local vendor in August It's been back twice they replaced Saphire with XFX first time Replaced Asus M A BSOD, dxgmms1.sys ntoskrnl.exe, build, Custom Random TD-EVO with Gigabyte GA- A-UD next time Symptoms random BSOD multiple programs stop working Custom build, Random BSOD, ntoskrnl.exe, dxgmms1.sys Crashes happen when idle or stressing doesn't matter Can go days without issue I have exact identical software loaded on my W bit machine runs flawlessly Solutions tried Replaced Saphire with XFX Replaced Asus M TD EVO w Gigabyte GA- A-UD Re-formated clean install times Clean install of ATI drivers current Microsoft hotfixes pertaining to this crash wouldn't install don't apply to this system Installed latest direct x runtime All MS updates fully patched System file check sfc scannow Memtest passes Repair install blue screened right after System crashed with no software installed after a reformat This has stumped me the vendor and multiple forums Thanks and good luck

A:Custom build, Random BSOD, ntoskrnl.exe, dxgmms1.sys

The only thing in common with the two dump files provided is a memory access problem. Run RAM - Test with Memtest86+

Also, you can run Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable I recommend backing up important files and creating a system restore point or system image before using Driver verifier. If you are unable to boot Windows normally after enabling, start in safe mode. If safe mode also fails (this is rare, but does happen), run system restore/recovery from system image.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/199501-custom-build-random-bsod-ntoskrnl-exe-dxgmms1-sys.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hi I am wanting to get a computer custom built for me and have found a company out of the Computer Shopper Magazine that has reasonable prices.

Should I pay a higher price for a well known company such as Alienware to put it together or would it be safe to go with a company I found out of a magazine.

The companies site I am planning on buying from is www.buyxg.com

They have brand name parts (nVidia, ATI Graphics Cards, Western Digital HD's) and I have cross referenced major components with AMD's site to make sure it is all compatible.

I put my current computer together and there are major things wrong with it. So I am planning on salvaging what I can from that computer and letting another company put the HD, MotherBoard, CPU and Memory and all other misc. parts togther for me to ensure it all works correctly.

Relevancy 66.22%

Hey everyone I am new to these forums and I would like some help choosing all the right computer components to the new rig i am buying soon I plan on spending about These are the parts that i have pre-selected and i would like ur opinion on how good bad my choice is Also if u have a suggestion to what might be better for around the same price please tell me The total build computer Help choosing new custom amount I got is about Maxtor DiamondMax GB Serial ATA RPM Hard Drive w MB Buffer Ultra ULT X-Finity W ATX Power Supply eVGA -P -N -AX e-Geforce Help choosing new computer custom build GTX PCI Express MB Video Card amp eVGA -K -NF nForce Athlon FX Skt Motherboard Bundle Artec WSM- X-ER x x E-IDE ATAPI CD-RW Thermaltake Shark Series VA SWA Full Tower Aluminum Case Zalman CNPS B-ALCU LED CPU Cooler Retail AMD Athlon Processor Venice Socket Open Box Patriot PDC G XBLK GB Kit DDR PC Dual Channel Memory Sticks Of nbsp

A:Help choosing new computer custom build

Hi
I think the drive and peripherals are well selected, but 2g of ram and a dual core cpu may be in order. Newer games seem to respond well to 2g ram, and dual cores offer a lot of processing power without the price of a dual cpu motherboard.
If you shop around you might be able to get all this under budget.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-choosing-new-computer-custom-build.33918/
Relevancy 66.22%

Right now im running on a optiplex gx270 Dell computer. I was looking into upgrading it but after doing a little research it seems to be a better idea to have one custom built. The problem is I have no idea where to begin lol, I dont have any serious knowledge about computer parts but I would be needing something that could run smoothly overall. Also hopeing to play higher end games like diablo 3. Any suggestions?

A:How do I begin to build a custom computer?

hmmm...I would start by researching all the different parts that you may need, that's what I did! I then looked at the brands and different cards/models in more detail to pick the final parts (checking their compatibility) for the computer that I am using now.

Min. parts you will need:
- CPU
- Motherboard (ensure it can support the CPU)
- RAM
- A case
- A Hard Drive/SSD
- Graphics Card (optional, depending on if you have integrated graphics, but a dedicated is recommended for gaming)
- A Good PSU

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-do-i-begin-to-build-a-custom-computer.192614/
Relevancy 66.22%

I just upgraded my custom build from Windows XP to Windows 7 and I have no sound on it. It shows that a "Digital Audio (S/PDIF)" as the default device, and even though I have speakers it says "Not Plugged In". Does anyone have any idea what the problem may be?

Relevancy 66.22%

I m finally getting a new computer but this First Build Computer My Custom-Made time I m getting it custom assembled from NCIX I m from Canada I m really hoping to keep my budget around I want this computer to be as fast as possible for watching DVDs and light gaming medium-quality My First Custom-Made Computer Build age of empires possibly Motherboard ASUS M N-E SLI ATX AM My First Custom-Made Computer Build DDR Nforce SLI PCI-E PCI-E PCI SATA Sound GBLAN -- Memory Corsair GB X GB DDR - Dual Channel -- Video Card GeForce GT OC MHZ MB GHZ GDDR PCI-E Dual DVI-I My First Custom-Made Computer Build HDTV Out HDCP DIRECTX Video Card -- Case Antec Sonata II Black IN W Air Duct MM Fan -- Power Supply FSP Fortron AX -A W W MM Fan Retail -- Hard Drive Western Digital Caviar SE GB SATA RPM MB MS -- DVD Writer Samsung SH-S DVD RW DVD-RW DL- X IDE Lightscribe -- Monitor Samsung SyncMaster BW IN Widescreen Glossy LCD Monitor X MS HDCP VGA DVI-D -- Processor AMD Athlon X Dual Core Processor Socket AM Windsor GHZ FSB X MB NM -- They re going to assemble it and test it out for TOTAL Will be lower they didn t add the sales discounts I m a bit worried about the Samsung quot DVI-D to GeForce GT DVI-I do I need special cables for that I m planning to plug my current BenQ quot DVI-I to the dual DVI-I video card too - will it be okay Also how long will this computer last My friend keeps on telling me that custom-built computers only last - years while pre-made ones from Compaq and HP last years Is it true Will everything work together properly This is my first time selecting parts for a custom-made computer so any comments or suggestions are welcome Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-first-custom-made-computer-build.605648/
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi Guys This is my first attempt at building my own computer so I am not a pro by any means I've been having issues with blue screens ever since I put the thing together All the parts are new out of the box When I first put the machine together I did some troubleshooting on my own and with a NewEgg custom on Various - BSOD Constant Minidump build new 0x0000003b Errors tech The tech couldn't pin point the issue so he advised me to RMA the motherboard and RAM I got the replacement motherboard and RAM a few days ago but the issue persists I am using BlueScreenView to look at my minidump files BlueScreenView is listing all kinds of drivers and errors Nothing Constant BSOD on new custom build - Various Minidump Errors 0x0000003b really consistent The time between crashes is also Constant BSOD on new custom build - Various Minidump Errors 0x0000003b random Sometimes it will crash when I login to windows and sometimes it will take a couple hours depending on what I am doing I have noticed that I can crash it by opening a bunch of browser tabs and windows Here is a list of things Constant BSOD on new custom build - Various Minidump Errors 0x0000003b I have tried RMA motherboard and ram Downloaded latest drivers from gigabyte website and nvidia Removed graphics card and used built in graphics Have not tried with new RMA parts Updated motherboard BIOS from F to F version Disabled built in graphics from BIOS menu Tried stick of ram at a time Have not tried with new RMA parts MemTest got Zero errors Reinstalled OS tired this with original parts and with new RMA parts Uninstalled anti virus Updated fireware on ssd drive c drive I've don't troubleshooting with NewEgg techs and Gigabyte techs and so far nothing has helped This was supposed to be my dream pc but it has quickly turned into a huge nightmare Any help you guys could offer would be greatly appreciated I am honestly thinking about giving up at this point

A:Constant BSOD on new custom build - Various Minidump Errors 0x0000003b

Please follow | Windows Genuine and Activation Issue Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/301082-constant-bsod-new-custom-build-various-minidump-errors-0x0000003b.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hello All I am new here but I have been surfing through the forums tirelessly in order Build 0x00000f4 fix) with error frequent random BSOD (possible Custom to try to remedy this BSOD situation that was plaguing my first build I hope that I can offer something to others that Custom Build with frequent random BSOD error 0x00000f4 (possible fix) may be having a similar problem I can only assume that this problem springs up with Gigabyte Z -UD H motherboards because that is what I am using but correct me if I'm wrong So I spent months trying to figure out what was wrong reconnected all of my SSDs and HDDs to the power supply switched out SATA cables switched RAM slots on my motherboard cleaned everything out changed the thermal paste on my processor did a clean install of windows twice ran all the memory tests with nothing coming up to show that anything was wrong updated my SSD firmware You get the idea I was at my wits end and I finally saw a post that said that the BIOS software that comes with Gigabyte and updates your BIOS for you has a reputation of bricking motherboards I read this and decided to use Q-flash to update my BIOS instead and Custom Build with frequent random BSOD error 0x00000f4 (possible fix) I haven't had a Custom Build with frequent random BSOD error 0x00000f4 (possible fix) BSOD in days I was getting BSsOD frequently while browsing the internet or typing up word documents the computer would just hang for - seconds and then blue screen Anyway I think that this may be a common issue for people starting new builds that are reluctant to use Q-flash and would rather use something that essentially updates for them It's just something to consider Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong or shed some light on what Q-flash does differently as I would like to know WHY my computer no longer blue screens randomly TLDR Use Q-flash to update BIOS not BIOS software from Gigabyte I wish you all the best and I hope we can live in a world without blue screens

A:Custom Build with frequent random BSOD error 0x00000f4 (possible fix)

Hi NudeGrandpa.

Good post.

It would be nice if we come to know about the other brands of motherboards too.

BTW, dont you have clothes?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/320997-custom-build-frequent-random-bsod-error-0x00000f4-possible-fix.html
Relevancy 65.79%

For the past 3 mornings I have come into the office to see a lovely BSOD.
Seems to be fine during the day.
This is a new computer build that I just finished last week.
processor is i7 4770k

Originally I thought it was because I was trying to slightly overclock to 4.0 ghz but I disabled that and it still happens.

and motherboard is
ASRock Fatal1ty Z87 Killer LGA 1150 Intel Z87 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Gaming Motherboard

Not sure what else people need but happy to provide any info. Thanks.

A:BSOD every morning when I show up to work. - New i7 4770k Custom Build

Blah it just happened again and I was not even using the computer for anything.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/333080-bsod-every-morning-when-i-show-up-work-new-i7-4770k-custom-build.html
Relevancy 65.79%

I've been getting BSOD for the past 4 days but they only occur around once or twice per day. The BSOD happens only when my computer is idle but not when gaming. Help would be much appreciated. I've attached the zip file of the minidump files. FYI, most of the time the error code is KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR.

Attachment 286760

Attachment 286770

A:One week old custom build getting random BSOD when idle but not gaming

Post it following the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions.

Upload your MSINFO32.nfo file.
Click on the start button
Type "msinfo32" (without quotes) in the search bar of the start menu, click the resulting link. It will open the System Information window.
File>Save. In the "File Name" filed, put "MSINFO32" (without Quote), give the save location to desktop, and click the "save" button.
Give the time for processing, it will save a .nfo file on your desktop.
Zip it, and upload it following the instruction.
And what is the brand of your 1 TB HDD? Is it still under warranty? If so, better you RMA it. It is showing huge and continuous problems..... apparently it is failing and causing all those BSODs, but the other files as per the BSOD posting instructions will help us infer in depth.

And Test your RAM modules for possible errors.

Let us know the results.

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 7A, {fffff6fc4000b8c0, ffffffffc000000e, 1a8f44860, fffff88001718270}

GetPointerFromAddress: unable to read from fffff800032fa278
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32k.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for win32k.sys
Probably caused by : memory_corruption

Followup: memory_corruption
---------

2: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR (7a)
The requested page of kernel data could not be read in. Typically caused by
a bad block in the paging file or disk controller error. Also see
KERNEL_STACK_INPAGE_ERROR.
If the error status is 0xC000000E, 0xC000009C, 0xC000009D or 0xC0000185,
it means the disk subsystem has experienced a failure.
If the error status is 0xC000009A, then it means the request failed because
a filesystem failed to make forward progress.
Arguments:
Arg1: fffff6fc4000b8c0, lock type that was held (value 1,2,3, or PTE address)
Arg2: ffffffffc000000e, error status (normally i/o status code)
Arg3: 00000001a8f44860, current process (virtual address for lock type 3, or PTE)
Arg4: fffff88001718270, virtual address that could not be in-paged (or PTE contents if arg1 is a PTE address)

Debugging Details:
------------------
ERROR_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc000000e - A device which does not exist was specified.

DISK_HARDWARE_ERROR: There was error with disk hardware

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x7a_c000000e

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: CODE_CORRUPTION

PROCESS_NAME: Steam.exe

TRAP_FRAME: fffff8800de24120 -- (.trap 0xfffff8800de24120)
rax=0000000000000001 rbx=0000000000000000 rcx=0000000000083001
rdx=fffff8800de257a0 rsi=0000000000000000 rdi=0000000000000000
rip=fffff88001718270 rsp=fffff8800de242b8 rbp=fffff8800de243f0
r8=fffff88001718270 r9=fffff8800de243f0 r10=0000000100000000
r11=fffff8800de24328 r12=0000000000000000 r13=0000000000000000
r14=0000000000000000 r15=0000000000000000
iopl=... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/305682-one-week-old-custom-build-getting-random-bsod-when-idle-but-not-gaming.html
Relevancy 65.79%

I am new here so HELLO EVERYONE I came with the question about my custom build Two weeks ago I was playing GTA and computer turned off Then I had problem to turn it on but finally once it gets on 0x00000124 on (0x9511E01C, Custom STOP BSOD - Build 0xBF800000) I had BSOD Please check the attachment after every minutes and decided to reinstall my system Now when I try to install fresh system BSOD won't let me do it as every time Windows is copying the files BSOD BSOD on Custom Build - STOP 0x00000124 (0x9511E01C, 0xBF800000) coming on the screen When I operate in BIOS everything is ok Tried to restore Optimal settings in BIOS set the DDR timings changed DDR reseated CPU times reseated DDR's unplug all usb devices and second HDD run just with one GPU in different PCI-E ports and with no luck Don't know what to do Change motherboard Change CPU Power supply died or maybe it is something little I can add I've changed thermal compound about two weeks before that and added second GPU Error BSOD on Custom Build - STOP 0x00000124 (0x9511E01C, 0xBF800000) says it is uncorrectable hardware error and STOP x x x E C xBF x

A:BSOD on Custom Build - STOP 0x00000124 (0x9511E01C, 0xBF800000)

I did tried that -> Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try
My PC is always clean as new (Filters and regular cleaning by soft brush and air) Cooled in NZXT Phantom 630 case with Corsair H100i watercooling.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/376446-bsod-custom-build-stop-0x00000124-0x9511e01c-0xbf800000.html
Relevancy 65.79%

I recently built a new system with my father and he has been having random BSODs with always a different error from day one.

Unfortunately he tried to re-install so all I have is one .dmp file since the re-install.

0x7E dxgmms1.sys was the last one he encountered, I have an email with the other errors he got BSODs from:
0x7E aswmonflt.sys
0x1A ntoskrnl.exe
0x1A ntkrnlmp.exe
0x24 ntfs.sys
0x3B ntoskrnl.exe
0xF4 ntoskrnl.exe
His system specs are in my profile also.

He tested his RAM with memtest86 for 5 hours with no errors he said.

Thanks in advance.

A:Random BSOD errors, new custom build system, tried reformat.

There is only one crash dump, which is not very informative itself.

It also appears that you already have uninstalled Avast which did not help.
But you havent employed an antivirus back. Which is not healthy. Use Microsoft Security Essentials as your antivirus with windows inbuilt firewall, and free MBAM as the on demand scanner.

Now, as you reported for versatile BSODs, better we take a memory test. Test your RAM modules for possible errors. How to Test and Diagnose RAM Issues with Memtest86+
Run memtest86+ for at least 8 consecutive passes.

Let us know the result. Further actions will be needed depending on the result.

Code:
BugCheck 24, {1904fb, fffff88007811d48, fffff880078115a0, fffff80002ac4fc4}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!ExAcquireResourceExclusiveLite+54 )

---------

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/361869-random-bsod-errors-new-custom-build-system-tried-reformat.html
Relevancy 65.79%

I recently built a new computer and have been having an issue with a recurring BSOD What I have tried so far to troubleshoot the issue Reseated all connections in the computer unplugged and plugged back in chkdsk pass WD lifeguard diagnostics pass on both quick and long scan memtest - iterations pass driver updates chipset video bios network controller Replaced the w psu with a w after reading that the is recommended to have at least a w prime piece of cake furmark no problems Fresh fresh install custom event error 41... BSOD and 03, f4 id w7 build, install BSOD fresh w7 install custom build, error f4 and 03, event id 41... of windows - I BSOD fresh w7 install custom build, error f4 and 03, event id 41... reformatted the drive and reinstalled The crashes seem to happen at random times Sometimes when I am playing a game sometimes when the computer is idle but not asleep sometimes when I am browsing the web I can't seem to pin down any particular activity that causes the crashes It sort of seems to happen most often when I am playing ARK survival evolved but I think that's because I am usually playing that when I am on the computer Overall the crashes seem to happen at fairly regular intervals every hour or two regardless of what I am doing Anyway I am at a loss as to what to try next I've spent hours scouring the net and can't seem to find anything to help I will be running memtest overnight tonight to see if that comes up with anything that memtest missed My BSOD report is attached and the following is the xml report from event viewer - lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt - lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power quot Guid quot C B A- - C -AC E- C D B quot gt lt EventID gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt Josh-PC lt Computer gt lt Security UserID quot S- - - quot gt lt System gt - lt EventData gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckCode quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt xfffffa lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt xfffffa lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt xfffff d lt Data gt lt Data Name quot SleepInProgress quot gt false lt Data gt lt Data Name quot PowerButtonTimestamp quot gt lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt Thanks in advance

A:BSOD fresh w7 install custom build, error f4 and 03, event id 41...

I just noticed that this following bit always seems to be in close proximity to event 41.

Event[2178]:
Log Name: System
Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power
Date: 2015-07-22T22:20:16.912
Event ID: 89
Task: N/A
Level: Information
Opcode: Info
Keyword: N/A
User: S-1-5-18
User Name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
Computer: Josh-PC
Description:
ACPI thermal zone ACPI\ThermalZone\TZ00 has been enumerated.
_PSV = 0K
_TC1 = 0
_TC2 = 0
_TSP = 0ms
_AC0 = 353K
_AC1 = 328K
_AC2 = 323K
_AC3 = 318K
_AC4 = 313K
_AC5 = 0K
_AC6 = 0K
_AC7 = 0K
_AC8 = 0K
_AC9 = 0K
_CRT = 378K
_HOT = 0K
_PSL - see event data.

The system does not seem to be overheating, the case is cool to the touch and speccy reports the current temps as:

CPU: 32C
MB: 34C
GCard: 39C

I also carefully watched the temps while running furmark and prime and they stayed within a safe range and well under the _CRT of 378K, which is apparently the temperature at which the system will shutdown (according to https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...=VS.85%29.aspx).

I'm thinking that there may be some issue with the motherboard and windows both trying to control the temperature. I'm kind of grasping at straws here...

Also, nothing is overclocked. I am using the fan that was included with the i7, as well as two case fans, the psu fan, and the two fans on the 390. There seems to be plenty of airflow and the only thing that goes over 50C while under heavy load is the graphics card, which is designed to go up to ~60C before the fans activate.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/376421-bsod-fresh-w7-install-custom-build-error-f4-03-event-id-41-a.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hello I have been receiving a couple of BSOD, I believe its a driver issue and I hope I'm correct. I run DS3 Tool for emulators and games that support Xbox 360 game-pad. It is probably a coincidence but the two times the computer has received the BSOD I was using the DS3 tool and another time the DS3 tool and PS2 emulator.

This is a new build the only parts that is not new was the processor, DVD drive, and refurbished WD 1TB hard drive.

RAM was tested with memtest 2 passes I doubt it's a RAM issue will continue test if problem isn't resolved.

No components are overclocked aside from the factory overclocked Gigabyte GTX 760 OC REV 2.0

Computer has good airflow and heat is not an issue.

Also the PSU is a 600W Bronze certified from Corsair which is more than enough for this build.

Help or advice is much appreciated

Thank you.

A:BSOD New custom build (0x0000010d) possibly DS3 Tool driver

Your motioninjoy driver is causing issues here.

Code:
Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\MijXfilt.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for MijXfilt.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for MijXfilt.sys
MijXfilt+0x363a
It's outdated, so an update could solve the problem but I've encountered nothing but trouble with this driver.

Code:
3: kd> lmvm MijXfilt
start end module name
fffff880`09dd8000 fffff880`09dfa000 MijXfilt T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: MijXfilt.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\MijXfilt.sys
Image name: MijXfilt.sys
Timestamp: Sat May 12 05:27:12 2012 (4FADE6A0)
CheckSum: 00022009
ImageSize: 00022000
Also, one thing that has caught my eye is this function.

Code:
00000000`00000000 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : Wdf01000!imp_WdfUsbTargetDeviceSendControlTransferSynchronously+0x8a
It looks like the Kernel mode framework has tried to obtain information through a Control Transfer and something has gone wrong.

If I look at the loaded modules I see this.

Code:
Unloaded modules:
fffff880`0a3d2000 fffff880`0a3f4000 MijXfilt.sys
fffff880`0a200000 fffff880`0a211000 xusb21.sys
fffff880`0a38b000 fffff880`0a3ad000 MijXfilt.sys
fffff880`0a3ad000 fffff880`0a3be000 xusb21.sys
fffff880`0a3c8000 fffff880`0a3d2000 hiber_storpo
fffff880`0da34000 fffff880`0dcff000 hiber_iaStor
fffff880`0dcff000 fffff880`0dd12000 hiber_dumpfv
fffff880`0a3be000 fffff880`0a3c8000 hiber_storpo
fffff880`0da1d000 fffff880`0dce8000 hiber_iaStor
fffff880`0dce8000 fffff880`0dcfb000 hiber_dumpfv
fffff880`0a358000 fffff880`0a37a000 MijXfilt.sys
fffff880`0a37a000 fffff880`0a38b000 xusb21.sys
fffff880`0a325000 fffff880`0a347000 MijXfilt.sys
fffff880`0a347000 fffff880`0a358000 xusb21.sys
fffff880`0a2f2000 fffff880`0a314000 MijXfilt.sys
fffff880`0a314000 fffff880`0a325000 xusb21.sys
fffff880`0a2bf000 fffff880`0a2e1000 MijXfilt.sys
fffff880`0a2e1000 fffff880`0a2f2000 xusb21.sys
fffff880`071a0000 fffff880`071c2000 MijXfilt.sys
fffff880`071c2000 fffff880`071d3000 xusb21.sys
fffff880`0a227000 fffff880`0a298000 spsys.sys
fffff880`085ac000 fffff880`085e2000 WUDFRd.sys
fffff880`01d47000 fffff880`01d55000 crashdmp.sys
fffff880`01d55000 fffff880`01d5f000 dump_storpor
fffff880`04466000 fffff880`04731000 dump_iaStorA
fffff880`04731000 fffff880`04744000 dump_dumpfve
The xusb21 driver is for an xbox controller.
You might want to try an update from here.
If not then I suggest removal of the device and the driver.

I also found this in your msinfo32 file.

Code:
DAEMON Tools Lite "c:\program files (x86)\daemon tools lite\dtlite.exe" -autorun DG-Jet\DG HKU\S-1-5-21-332115080-226983780-3945637643-1000\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
Daemon Tools is a well known cause of BSODs and it should be removed immediately.
An alternative software is a must.

Registry and SPTD problems | DAEMON Pro Help
How to remove sptd.sys from system

1. Uninstall Daemon Tools.
2. Download the SPTD standalone installer and follow these steps:
3. Double click the executable to open it
4. Click the button shown below

If the button it is grayed out, as shown in the image, there is no more SPTD installation on your system, and you can just close the window.

This software

Code:
GIGABYTE OC_GURU c:\progra~2\gigabyte\gigaby~1\oc_guru.exe Public Common Startup
I don't recommend at all, although it's not causing problems you shouldn't use overclocking software.
If you want to overclock you should manually set the timings and voltages but ONLY if you know what you are doing.
Only begin to overclock once this issue has been resolved and your system is stable.
If your system isn't stable at clock speeds then it wi... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/332678-bsod-new-custom-build-0x0000010d-possibly-ds3-tool-driver.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi everyone. I have a custom build PC that is almost a year old. In the first few weeks with it i had many BSODS that i researched and discovered (i guess) to be related with the Marvell Controller. I did some driver updates and the problem was solved. It seemed so at least.

Then, 3 weeks ago, i installed Bioshock Infinite and started to get BSODS every other day. I'm not completely sure that it is the game's fault, i just suspect it.

I uploaded the SF_Diagnostic report along with this post.

Thanks in advance!

PS: i apologize for my english, but it is not my native language

A:BSOD occurring with custom build. May be related to Bioshock Infinite

Hello ossao.

Make it sure that your Corsair Force 3 SSD is running with the up-to-date firmware.
Corsair
Do some Disc check for your 1 TB Seagate Barracuda. (Specs says about a 500 GB WD HDD, but not finding it in verification other than a Corsier force 3, Seagate Barracuda and a Kingston 4 GB pen drive).
Seatool for dos: SeaTools | Seagate download
Burn it in a blank cd. boot from the CD, click on "Accept", wait for it to finish detecting the drives, then in the upper left corner select "Basic Tests", then select "Long Test" and let it run.
Uninstall Marvell 91xx SATA 6G Controller in Control Panel > Programs and features. Then
free up the leftover following
Drivers - Clean Left over Files after Uninstalling
Get rid of intel rapid storage. First uninstall it from Control Panel > Programs and Features. Then Uninstall the driver from device manager.
Right click on "my computer" icon and click "manage" on the context menu.
It will open the "computer management" window.
Select "Device Manager" in the left pane, It will list all the existing devices up.
Expand "IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers" by clicking on the triangle in front of it.
Select one Intel device item under it, right click, uninstall.
Continue the process for all Intel items under "IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers"
Now restart the computer. At restart, windows will auto configure the appropriate native system driver.
Update JMicron JMB36X Controller. It appears to be very old.

Code:
fffff880`00fdc000 fffff880`00ffd000 jraid (deferred)
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\jraid.sys
Image name: jraid.sys
Timestamp: Tue Aug 10 14:58:44 2010 (4C611BCC)
CheckSum: 0001F0A6
ImageSize: 00021000
Get the updates from ftp://driver.jmicron.com.tw/SATA_Controller/Windows/

Daemon Tools, Alcohol 120% and Power Archiver Pro uses SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD), which is a well known BSOD causer. Uninstall Daemon Tools at first. Then download SPTD standalone installer from Disk-Tools.com, and execute the downloaded file as guided below :
Double click to open it.
Click this button only:

If it is grayed out, as in the picture, there is no more SPTD in your system, and you just close the window.
Free up the startup. Windows does not need any other program to auto start with it, but the auto start programs often conflicts and causes various problems including BSODs.
Click on the Start button
Type “msconfig (without quotes), click the resulting link. It will open the System Configuration window.
Select the “Startup” tab.
Deselect all items other than the antivirus.
Apply > OK
Accept then restart.
And, which antivirus do you use?

Let us know the results.
________________________________________________________________________________
BSOD ANALYSIS:

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck F4, {3, fffffa800a688b30, fffffa800a688e10, fffff80002fce350}

Probably caused by : csrss.exe

---------

7: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *
****************... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/293705-bsod-occurring-custom-build-may-related-bioshock-infinite.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hey guys I'm new to the site and I am hoping that someone can help me out with my BSOD problems My PC crashes once or more times a week as of recently and I can't seem to figure out the problem on my own It always seems to crash when not under any stress but it has once or twice while gaming as well It is a custom build that I completed just around or months ago Everything I bought for the PC was BSOD on x64 home build custom win7 prem. Frequent brand new and I bought an OEM Windows Home Premium bit copy from newegg that I installed on my SSD boot drive I have mm case fans plus two more attached to my Corsair H liquid CPU cooler so overheating is never a problem Ive attached the zip file as instructed by the posting guide and hopefully you guys can lend a hand with the problem Thanks CPU AMD x T RAM Corsair Vengeance gb GPU Sapphire Flex Radeon always using monitors in extended display eyefinity modes PSU Cooler Master Silent Pro M w MB Asus M a Let me know if any more info is needed Thanks EDIT forgot to mention in the performance report it Frequent BSOD on custom build win7 home prem. x64 says no virus scanner is found but I do have Norton Anti-Virus installed

A:Frequent BSOD on custom build win7 home prem. x64

We've seen a number of BSOD issues with SSD's recently. Here's the information that I've compiled:

Quote:
There's not a whole bunch available to test SSD's. The "easiest" test is to remove the SSD, install a platter-based hard drive, install Windows and test for stability that way.

Here's some suggestions:
- Update the SSD's firmware to the latest available version (VERY IMPORTANT!!!)
- Slow the memory (RAM) down to the next slower speed (I've only seen one person who claimed that this worked for them).
- Use any manufacturer's utilities that you may have. If you don't have any, then try this free one (I haven't used it myself): Crystal Dew World
- Update chipset and storage controller drivers to the latest available from the manufacturer of the device (not the manufacturer of the motherboard). Be sure to update ALL controllers on the motherboard!
....NOTE: Recently (Nov 2011) we had BSOD issues with the Marvell 91xx controller and an SSD. You may have to switch controllers also.-
Replace the SSD with a platter based hard drive and see if that stops the BSOD's. If it does, then it's likely that there's a problem with the SSD OR an incompatibility with your system.
It's my opinion that SSD's aren't reliable enough (with current hardware) to be used on a system that needs to work reliably. Until I see reliability I will not recommend, nor will I use, SSD's for critical applications.
06 Dec 2011 - This post tends to confirm issues with certain SSD chipsets and certain controllers - [SOLVED] cant find the cause of BSOD F4 - Tech Support Forum

Running Dec 2011 and Jan 2012 memory dumps (23 total)

Daemon Tools (and Alcohol % software) are known to cause BSOD's on Win7 systems due to the sptd.sys driver.
Please uninstall the program, then use the following free tool to ensure that the troublesome sptd.sys driver is removed from your system (pick the 32 or 64 bit system depending on your system's configuration): DuplexSecure - FAQ

Lot's of STOP 0x124 errors in the memory dumps. These are primarily hardware problems - but can be caused by compatibility issues, low-level driver problems, or even malware. If the things that we suggest here don't work, please start with the free hardware diagnostics here: Hardware Diags

23 memory dumps
20 were STOP 0x124 errors
The only possible compatibility/low-level driver issue would be the AMD OverDrive driver.

Quote:
AMD OverDrive (AODDriver2.sys) is either a stand-alone application, or a component of the AMD VISION Engine Control Center.
Please uninstall the AMD OverDrive program as it can cause BSOD's on your system.
If it's the stand-alone app, uninstall it via Control Panel...Programs...Uninstall a program
If it's in the AMD VISION Engine Control Center, you can uninstall it using the AMD uninstall tool (or uninstall the entire AMD VISION Engine Control Center application through Control Panel

If overclocking, please stop. Remove the overclock and return the system to stock/standard values while we're troubleshooting. Once the system is stable again, feel free to resume the overclocking.

I installed the latest Catalyst drivers today, and they didn't install the AMD OverDrive driver - so my current recommendation is to:
- download the latest ATI drivers for your video card from the ATI website.
- uninstall ALL ATI stuff from your system using Control Panel...Program...Uninstall a program
- install the freshly downloaded drivers.
- monitor for further BSOD's.

Beyond that, it's time to run the hardware diagnostics discussed above.

Further info on BSOD error messages available at: http://www.carrona.org/bsodindx.html

The following info is just FYI, I've already addressed the issues that I saw in the above paragraphs:
3RD PARTY DRIVERS PRESENT IN THE DUMP FILES
- Create a System Restore Point prior to doing any of this. DO NOT mess with the drivers themselves - leave the Windows\System32\drivers directory ... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/211574-frequent-bsod-custom-build-win7-home-prem-x64.html
Relevancy 65.79%

My OS is Windows 7 Professional x64

These seem to happen erratically, at apparently random times, regardless of how heavily my system resources are being used. I've gone weeks without any errors, and I've faced several errors on the same day, even under the same computer usage patterns. I haven't been able to attribute these BSODs to any specific task; some happened while browsing the web, others while gaming, others still while leaving the machine idle. I'm inclined to believe that these errors are caused by hardware, since I've faced similar problems before reformatting my machine.

Majority of these BSODs are IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, code 0x0000000a, but I've had other error codes under similarly random circumstances.

Attached is the folder of all diagnostic files grabbed via SF Diagnostic Tool.

Thank you in advance.

A:Various BSOD errors occurring seemingly randomly. Custom build.

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck A, {fffffa000a0d55b8, 2, 0, fffff80002cbd024}

Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiResolveTransitionFault+124 )

---------

Code:
Host Name: PAWEL-PC
OS Name: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional
OS Version: 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
OS Manufacturer: Microsoft Corporation
OS Configuration: Standalone Workstation
OS Build Type: Multiprocessor Free
Registered Owner: Pawel
Registered Organization:
Product ID: 00371-OEM-8992671-00008
The only thing I can recommend at the moment is to test your RAM, but longer term I'll recommend installing a genuine Windows 7 -- an HP OEM installation on a retail motherboard is counterfeit. BSOD's on these sorts of installations are very difficult to diagnose and many BSOD analysts won't attempt them.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/319169-various-bsod-errors-occurring-seemingly-randomly-custom-build.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hello I was hoping to get some help from you experts on what is causing the BSOD I keep getting related to a DRIVE_POWER_STATE_FAILURE. I have attached the zip file as needed.

Thanks

A:Random BSOD on new custom build / ntoskrnl.exe+72a40 0x0000009f

I seem to be getting these BSODs daily now and it is always the same DRIVE_POWER_STATE_FAILURE. I haven't noticed any real common things happening each time it happens. I have gone through and tried to update several drivers to see if that would help but it doesn't seem to have.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/369004-random-bsod-new-custom-build-ntoskrnl-exe-72a40-0x0000009f.html
Relevancy 65.79%

I am getting various BSODs after installing Windows and if hardware or issue can't build driver BSOD in custom Multiple tell still haven't figured out the cause of the problem and what I need to do to fix it Here is a log of what I did problems I experienced don't know if helpful -installed windows drivers for motherboard gpu and wireless adapter -installed avast various softwares chrome borderlands -could not start borderlands encountered a problem and had to close with no explaination -tried to Multiple BSOD in custom build can't tell if driver or hardware issue install path of exile skyrim BSOD during install process pfn list corrupt irql not less equal others -Uninstalled Avast and fixed the Avast issue ran whocrashed Multiple BSOD in custom build can't tell if driver or hardware issue and listed Avast as a cause -Updated motherboard BIOS to BSOD problem persists with game installs chrome still crashes a couple times Aw Snap crashes -Installed windows got BSOD during installation process but was able to boot to OS windows files located in windows old folder -installed motherboard drivers directly from website installed GPU drivers from disc did not upgrade installed wireless drivers from website -could not install VGA driver from website due to compatibility error -installed various software tried to install skyrim still BSOD -tried to delete windows old file but some parts are still left out don't know if this is an issue or not -memtest overnight with both memory sticks attached passes -bluescreenview all BSOD have ntoskrnl exe highlighted in red some have ntoskrnl and other drivers highlighted -chkdsk didn't come up with anything -sfc scannow located a problem but was unable to fix -ran DLGDIAG HDD website and passed but SMART lists the HDD as FAIL -getting multiple appcrashes and BEX problems from chrome windows and internet explorer throughout -went into safe mode and successfully installed skyrim a BSOD source -cannot open skyrim and quot program might not have installed correctly quot pops up -installed malwarebytes but after install gave appcrash and comp froze requiring manual boot -ran sfc scannow and got Memory Management BSOD could not complete scannow -rebooted and successfully ran sfc scannow still shows a problem but could not fix Thanks for the help in advance

A:Multiple BSOD in custom build can't tell if driver or hardware issue

Hi,

Your installation is counterfeit activated using the LENOVO (BLACKLISTED!) key.
There is no point analysing your issue as your system may be compromised by the Activation
exploit used.

The best course of action is to:Purchase a legitimate Windows 7 licence.
Format the HDD.
Reinstall Windows and activate.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/301473-multiple-bsod-custom-build-cant-tell-if-driver-hardware-issue.html
Relevancy 65.79%

I've built dozens of computers - all have been very stable - for years Unstable BSOD solution - to Build - Custom identify Unable - until now I built the computer back in BSOD - Custom Build Unstable - Unable to identify solution March had to re-install in May and did a refresh in August I've done a couple of restore point recoveries since then as well In September the Logitech keyboard started experiences long typing delays but only in Chrome -bit BSOD once or twice a week I'm using -bit IE and Chrome and it appears to help bit Seems BSOD - Custom Build Unstable - Unable to identify solution like once I have multiple Chrome tabs open the typing delay begins to increase In October had to update Samsung EVO firmware due to SSD issue Seems ok now but after one of the more recent BSOD a few personalization settings were changed This issue seemed thermal related as I couldn't reboot the PC for minutes Temperatures are a bit high F - doesn't seem right but re-attached CPU twice Also tried updating Catalyst drivers - first to and then to beta might have made things worse Likely to go back to When using my monitor and TV and computer goes to sleep have to shut off TV to get control of main monitor I don't know if this is a Windows Pro issue drivers issue or a possible hardware issue or a combination of all three I'm very frustrated Any help would be appreciated Thanks

A:BSOD - Custom Build Unstable - Unable to identify solution

Quote: Originally Posted by DavidG8

I've built dozens of computers - all have been very stable - for years - until now.

So you must know about maintaining computers. I am not suggesting anything to you, just interpreting the crash dump. Hopefully that will be enough for you.

The crash dump (not me) blamse Panda Antivirus for the BSOD.

I should guess that you will be able to make your system stable back based on that info.

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 50, {ffffe000762af000, 0, fffff801cd832e04, 0}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for NNSHttp.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for NNSHttp.sys

Could not read faulting driver name
Probably caused by : NNSHttp.sys ( NNSHttp+11e04 )

---------

2: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (50)
Invalid system memory was referenced. This cannot be protected by try-except,
it must be protected by a Probe. Typically the address is just plain bad or it
is pointing at freed memory.
Arguments:
Arg1: ffffe000762af000, memory referenced.
Arg2: 0000000000000000, value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation.
Arg3: fffff801cd832e04, If non-zero, the instruction address which referenced the bad memory
address.
Arg4: 0000000000000000, (reserved)

Debugging Details:
------------------
Could not read faulting driver name

DUMP_FILE_ATTRIBUTES: 0x8
Kernel Generated Triage Dump

READ_ADDRESS: GetPointerFromAddress: unable to read from fffff803ed177138
unable to get nt!MmNonPagedPoolStart
unable to get nt!MmSizeOfNonPagedPoolInBytes
ffffe000762af000

FAULTING_IP:
NNSHttp+11e04
fffff801`cd832e04 42803c000d cmp byte ptr [rax+r8],0Dh

MM_INTERNAL_CODE: 0

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN8_DRIVER_FAULT

BUGCHECK_STR: AV

ANALYSIS_VERSION: 6.3.9600.17237 (debuggers(dbg).140716-0327) amd64fre

TRAP_FRAME: ffffd0006dc687c0 -- (.trap 0xffffd0006dc687c0)
rax=00000000000019f3 rbx=0000000000000000 rcx=fffff801cd849480
rdx=ffffc00014c93000 rsi=0000000000000000 rdi=0000000000000000
rip=fffff801cd832e04 rsp=ffffd0006dc68950 rbp=ffffe000762ad5fa
r8=ffffe000762ad60d r9=ffffd0006dc68a38 r10=0000000000000000
r11=ffffc00014c980e0 r12=0000000000000000 r13=0000000000000000
r14=0000000000000000 r15=0000000000000000
iopl=0 nv up ei pl nz na po cy
NNSHttp+0x11e04:
fffff801`cd832e04 42803c000d cmp byte ptr [rax+r8],0Dh ds:ffffe000`762af000=??
Resetting default scope

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from fffff803ecf9fab8 to fffff803ecf661a0

STACK_TEXT:
ffffd000`6dc68568 fffff803`ecf9fab8 : 00000000`00000050 ffffe000`762af000 00000000`00000000 ffffd000`6dc687c0 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
ffffd000`6dc68570 fffff803`ece7be78 : 00000000`00000000 ffffe000`28c28900 ffffd000`6dc687c0 fffff803`ece9c36e : nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+0x29408
ffffd000`6dc68610 fffff803`ecf7042f : ffffc000`14c93000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 ffffd000`6dc687c0 : nt!M... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/349558-bsod-custom-build-unstable-unable-identify-solution.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hello I've been having a BSOD issue that started last month. It has happened 7 times and i've ran memtest and checked my hard drives and they appear to running smoothly. The issue occurs when my computer has been left on for a while and often begins with the screen blurring and sound going haywire which leads to think it may be a graphics card issue. :-/ This PC is only about a year old.

Problem signature:
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48

BCCode: 116
BCP1: 8720C008
BCP2: 92DA553E
BCP3: C000009A
BCP4: 00000004
Product: 256_1

Relevancy 65.36%

Okay so I ve recently been examining the Desktop PC Buying Guide for the past few days particularly the Enthusiast s PC The thing is though I have a very important question that makes me look like a total noob Do most motherboards have wireless internet capability already wired in I mean as far as my knowledge goes a for custom computer about Newbie build Wi-Fi questions they don t The motherboard on my Asus laptop is obviously made by Asus while its Wi-Fi adapter is made by Intel not to mention I ve seen plenty of hardware Wi-Fi cards for the motherboard The trouble is I was reading in one of the articles about a motherboard that had Wi-Fi capability Or at least I THOUGHT it did it s pretty likely I ve misconstrued things a little That is question number one Question number two is assuming that the Wi-Fi adapter is NOT built into the motherboard what would be a good middle-of-the-line Wi-Fi adapter to purchase It d probably be important to add that I Newbie questions about Wi-Fi for a custom computer build m a relatively hardcore gamer and I d like an adapter with reasonably uninterrupted connectivity and pretty decent speed Any input would be appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Newbie questions about Wi-Fi for a custom computer build

Don't worry, we were all once n00bs

Answer no. 1: NO. Even newer motherboards usually do not have wireless capabilities built int. But: more and more are hitting the market with Wi-Fi built in, that's for sure. High-end motherboards can sometimes have built in Wi-Fi connection, you'll notice a small antennae-connector at the back if that's the case. And such motherboards are getting more common by the day.

But the average motherboard does not have built in Wi-Fi.

Some other TechSpot hero will have to answer the second question :| , I'm not skilled with what to buy and what not to buy. But I can tell you some things to look for. As for radio physics, the more antennas your adapter has, the better the connectivity - and this is (close to) always the case. This does not mean that "one-antennae" adapters are bad, but I would personally select a multi-antennae adapter since I'm a hardcore gamer .

PCIe-adapters will be more lag-free than ordinary PCI adapters, btw.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/newbie-questions-about-wi-fi-for-a-custom-computer-build.162776/
Relevancy 65.36%

Sorry if this is the wrong section although from my understanding it should be here.
SO i have built myself a new PC with these specs:

CoolerMaster HAF 912 Combat with Window
Gigabyte GA-Z77X-D3H Motherboard
Intel Core i7 3770k
CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Evo CPU Cooler
G.Skill Ripjaws X F3-10666CL9D-16GBXL 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3
MSI GeForce GTX 660 Ti Power Edition OC 2GB
Corsair HX-750 V2 80 PLUS Gold Power Supply
Intel 520 Series 120GB SSD
Seagate Barracuda 2TB ST2000DM001
Lite-On IHES312 12X Blu-Ray DVD Combo Drive
ASUS PCE-N53 Dual Band Wireless N600 PCI-E Adapter

So Basically im getting around 37-47? C idle and on full load im getting 95-100? C, Now is that high temperatures? I dont understand, It is being cooled very well, It must be the thermal paste even though im positive i installed it right. Any Suggestions on what it could be?

*EDIT*

BTW Its Celsius the degrees are in Celsius not Fahrenheit.

A:Custom Build computer high temperatures

If you are not using Arctic Silver thermal paste, get some as it will help the CPU cooling. Remove the old from the top of the CPU and bottom of the CPU cooler and apply the Arctic Silver, as directed, to the top of the CPU.

I tried several different coolers for my i7 3770 and finally settled on a Corsair H80 Liquid Cooling system. My CPU is not overclocked and at idle runs around 30 deg C and rarely goes above 40 deg C.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/271687-custom-build-computer-high-temperatures.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Hey guys im looking to build a custom gaming computer to play the latest games on the highest settings, Im willing to go up to $2000 but would really like to keep it down to about $1000, I just want to know what parts I should get starting from scratch. Figuring in that i have to have hdmi and I have to have atleast 1tb hardrive, also I would like to have a case that has a window. I would really appreciate any help especially if you guys were to give me links thanks guys

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/planning-to-build-a-custom-gaming-computer.1034507/
Relevancy 65.36%

Hey everyone I am new to these forums and I would like some help choosing all the right computer components to the new rig i am buying soon I plan on spending about These are the parts that i have pre-selected and i would like ur opinion on how good bad my choice is Also if u have a suggestion to what might be better for around the same price please tell me The total amount I got is about Maxtor DiamondMax GB Serial ATA RPM Hard Drive w MB Buffer new computer custom rig, choosing build help to compnents Ultra ULT X-Finity W ATX Power Supply eVGA -P -N -AX e-Geforce GTX PCI Express MB Video Card amp eVGA -K -NF nForce Athlon FX Skt Motherboard Bundle Artec WSM- X-ER x x E-IDE ATAPI CD-RW Thermaltake Shark Series VA help choosing computer compnents to new rig, custom build SWA Full Tower Aluminum Case Zalman CNPS B-ALCU LED CPU Cooler Retail AMD Athlon Processor Venice Socket Open Box Patriot PDC G XBLK GB Kit DDR PC Dual Channel Memory Sticks Of nbsp

A:help choosing computer compnents to new rig, custom build

Looks pretty good, I would change the power supply.
I really like my Tagan 480w unit. Here's the newest model.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817101516

This also is a nice psu.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16817104155

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-choosing-computer-compnents-to-new-rig-custom-build.33920/
Relevancy 65.36%

Hey guys I have a PC that was custom built with all new hardware and it has hard freezes requiring a cold boot It happens anywhere from once a month to a couple times a day These Freezes New Computer Hard Custom Build freezes occur while doing anything from watching a movie browsing the web or when it s just sitting idly I replaced the PSU flashed the Bios reinstalled windows changed the power settings updated drivers and re-sat the ram with no change Windows event viewer doesn t show anything that related New Custom Build Computer Hard Freezes to the crash except quot previous system shutdown was unexpected quot After running stress cpu and memtest all came up fine Since all the hardware is all new not sure what to switch out next if I should New Custom Build Computer Hard Freezes reinstall windows again or change something in the bios I m using a Intel i k Intel graphics Asus H M-A Motherboard Crucial DDR Ram GB Samsung Evo SSD as primary drive Seagate TB HDD Corsair watt PSU Any help is appreciated nbsp

A:New Custom Build Computer Hard Freezes

Nice little system... Make sure that the boot SSD drive is on a SATA3 port configured AHCI in the bios. If it is, you might want to set up the 1TB drive as the boot dive for testing purposes

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-custom-build-computer-hard-freezes.212613/
Relevancy 64.93%

I problem 0x4e 0x1a, custom on 0xc4, BSOD voltage build, ram possible downloaded 0x1a, 0xc4, 0x4e BSOD on custom build, possible ram voltage problem the legit Windows x Iso without an activation to test the build before my OS order arrives I have been getting multiple BSODs including MEMORY MANAGEMENT DRIVER VERIFIER DETECTED VIOLATION and PFN LIST CORRUPT I have installed windows multiple times with similar problems I also switched the HDD with another to rule out a bad HDD and got the same problems Also Memtested passes so I don't think its the memory itself that is the problem I did read from another thread it could be voltage issues between the RAM and motherboard I also could not finish installing the Nvidia driver due to the Driver verifier BSOD All other drivers are updated from the manufacturer website I have encountered the BSOD randomly while installing programs but most often with the windows installer and windows update I am running out of ideas and have narrowed it down to voltage issues can't think of anything else but I am unsure as how to fix it so any help is greatly appreciated BTW no antivirus yet or any installed programs besides CPUZ for RAM

A:0x1a, 0xc4, 0x4e BSOD on custom build, possible ram voltage problem

Hello BSOD4EVER.

Follow the Option Two: To Disable Driver Verier of the tutorial

Let us know if it is BSODing anymore or not.

If BSODs are continuing there, post it following the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/301591-0x1a-0xc4-0x4e-bsod-custom-build-possible-ram-voltage-problem.html
Relevancy 64.93%

So I have a custom built by myself PC and I m error computer Custom build having ONGOING bluescreen pretty good at diagnosing computer problems for people as I do it as sortof a hobby of mine The ironic thing is that my custom PC has an ANNOYING bsod problem that comes and goes that I can t seem to get rid of The bsod code is x E and looking it up doesn t really help I ve had harddrives fail both I m pretty sure are related somehow I ve replaced my Custom build computer having ONGOING bluescreen error graphics card memory and harddrive I ve updated ALL drivers for everything as well as reinstalled windows multiple times over the years Even after all this this bsod seems to never go away Sometimes it is one of many random bsod codes which I got tired of writing down cause they were so random but this one by far is the most common so I think it s the culprit The others are very very rare I ve had people come take a look at my dump files run major stress tests etc with no luck on finding a solution or even triggering the Custom build computer having ONGOING bluescreen error bsod it seems totally random I just did a sfc scannow and it returned that there are damaged files it cannot repair I don t know if that could mean anything since I ve reinstalled windows many times which doesn t help I also did a dxdiag system report for your review if anybody would like to try and help me find the problem I m open to ANYTHING if you think it will help any offers of help would be greatly appreciated oh and for quick reference Code Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Ultimate Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM Quad CPU Q GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd EP -UD R Antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials Updated and Enabled nbsp

Relevancy 64.07%

Long time reader - first time poster. Built my first custom computer a while back and have been fighting issues for a while.

Here are my symptoms; these don't occur with any specific frequency and don't seem to be caused by any specific action:

-BSOD
-SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
-KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
-BAD_POOL_HEADER
-SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
-IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
-Crash w/o BSOD....just a frozen screen

These are the actions I've taken:
-Manually (and with third party software) verified all drivers are current
-Windows Memory Test
-Third party RAM test
-Clean install/re-installs of windows 7 and upgrade to windows 10

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks!

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/395714-first-custom-build-bsod-errors-playing-games-watching-live-stream.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi Forums I recently bought a new computer from a pc build website I installed Win install, ntoskrnl/win32k Win7 Custom New BSOD issues Fresh Build, HP bit and started to instantly experience BSODs After a bit of diagnostics memtest told me that one of the RAM sticks was horrifically broken New Custom Build, Fresh Win7 install, BSOD issues ntoskrnl/win32k that has since been sent off for replacement and the system has been 'more' stable with only gb However I have still been experiencing BSODs specifically when the computer isn't doing very much of anything I have been trying to play BF which as you will probably know is littered with awful programming and has constant crashes generally though of the time these are 'soft crashes' and I can ctrl alt delete and end the process Most of the BSODs seem to not actually be related to the game crashing though may have come about because I have been trying to update my drivers etc etc to stop the constant game crashes I have done another fresh install since removing one of the gb ram sticks and did the usual driver installs updates and microsoft important updates I then went through and re-installed all my usual programs - vlc skype CCcleaner malwarebytes adobe air flash postgresql bbflashback video recorder MSE Since my last fresh install on the th November I have had BSODs many of which have come about when the computer is either basically idle or i'm watching a youtube video or just browsing files in explorer rather than whilst playing bf or doing more intense stuff x system service exception x kmode exception not handled x memory management x page fault in nonpaged area All my drivers are as far as I can see up to date where possible I auto detect Hopefully I have done this properly and included all information required in my pc specs pane and from the SFDTool Thanks in advance this has been a very frustrating and confusing few weeks The computer can work for hours on end absolutely fine including to play bf at high fps on high settings then suddenly doing nothing it crashes multiple times lsaw EDIT- As per the nd post in this thread- ntoskrnl exe BSOD randomly As far as I know nothing is OC I only put MSE on there I haven't run Chkdsk since this fresh install but had run it previously on my other installs Similarly I had run SFC before and got no errors Will check - now and potentially go back and redo steps and

A:New Custom Build, Fresh Win7 install, BSOD issues ntoskrnl/win32k

Hi lsaw2.

Your crash dumps are not showing finite cause, but they are stop 0x3B, usually caused either by RAM or by any driver failure..

If memtest86+ is free from errors, enable Driver Verifier to monitor the drivers.
Run Driver Verifier for 24 hours or the occurrence of the next crash, whichever is earlier.

Information
Why Driver Verifier:
It puts a stress on the drivers, ans so it makes the unstable drivers crash. Hopefully the driver that crashes is recorded in the memory dump.

How Can we know that DV is enabled:
It will make the system bit of slow, laggy.

Warning
Before enabling DV, make it sure that you have earlier System restore points made in your computer. You can check it easily by using CCleaner looking at Tools > System Restore.

If there is no points, make a System Restore Point manually before enabling DV.

Tip

If you fail to get on the Desktop because of DV, Boot into Advanced Boot Options > Safe mode. Disable DV there. Now boot normally again, and try following the instruction of enabling DV again.
If you cannot boot in Safe mode too, do a System Restore to a point you made earlier.

Let us know the results, with the subsequent crash dumps, if any.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/313783-new-custom-build-fresh-win7-install-bsod-issues-ntoskrnl-win32k.html
Relevancy 63.64%

I'll cut right to the chase; I built my new computer and I'm installing Windows 7 for the first time. Its stuck on "Preparing your computer for first use".

Methods I've tried:
Startup Repair via Disk
Unplugging my disk driver
Resetting BIOS

Specs:
GTX 960
1TB WD HDD
Gigabyte H170M-D3H
16 GB Ram DDR4 Hyperx Fury

This is very frustrating and I really wanna get this up before Spring Break ends ;~;
Thanks in advance!

(P.S - I'm a new scrubbo to these kind of stuffs so sorry for any inconvenience :-( )

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/393770-new-custom-build-windows-7-stuck-setup-preparing-you-computer.html
Relevancy 59.77%

I'll keep this short and sweet because I know how busy you guys are I built a gaming computer from scratch there were a lot of problems even getting it working initially this time as compared to the last one I built custom streaming gaming, build, crashes, BSOD, crashes game that I had zero problems with ever I am getting a lot of BSOD's games freeze and crash movies freeze and crash and streaming does too In addition I am getting an error occasionally with the GPU that tells me it has timed out and reset the GPU I used the windows recommended fix for this and set the response timeout time to seconds since I have done so I have only seen this problem once I was wondering if I had too little power for my system but I have seen threads with similar problems custom build, gaming, BSOD, game crashes, streaming crashes that have plenty of power I followed custom build, gaming, BSOD, game crashes, streaming crashes the instructions to the best of my ability and you should find all of the information you have asked for below Please don't hesitate to ask for anything else you may need I truly appreciate what you guys are doing here for so many people OS - Windows Vista Windows Ultimate x -bit or x x What was original installed OS on system W Ultimate x Is the OS an OEM version came pre-installed on system or full retail version YOU purchased it from retailer Purchased auth key downloaded and mounted files to flash drive for install Age of system hardware less than months components purchased separately at the same time Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS Original install on this hard drive Initial attempts to install the same OS to SSD failed and SSD was replaced with a standard SATA hard drive CPU AMD FX- Video Card MSI R GD T OC Radeon R MotherBoard - if NOT a laptop MSI A SLI KRAIT EDITION AMD CHIPSET Power Supply - brand amp wattage skip if laptop EVGA -B - -KR PLUS Bronze W ADDITIONAL INFO HD - Hitachi TB MB RPM SATA Gb s WIFI CARD - Mbps PCI -E WiFi wireless Card RAM - Kingston HyperX Fury Memory White - GB Kit x GB - DDR MHz - installed in the slots that don't share the bandwidth - don't know a ton about this so forgive me if that doesn't make total sense System Manufacturer Exact model number if laptop check label on bottom Laptop or Desktop custom built desktop mostly MSI components DRIVER VERIFIER - forced to reset computer to the restore point I was instructed to make before running it HD TEST - haven't run yet RAM TEST - haven't run yet ran windows memory test was never showed results after restart

A:custom build, gaming, BSOD, game crashes, streaming crashes

IMO, the suggested fixes for the TDR timeout of the video card only conceals the problem - it doesn't fix it.If the card is timing out, then fixing the cause of the timeout is preferable (IMO) to just lengthening the timeout. Unfortunately it appears that the system has pirated software.Please get a legitimate copy installed and we'll be glad to help.Here's suggestions on how to ensure that your version is legitimate:  http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/genuinePlease be aware that we may not be able to fix it (as the hacks that were done to activate it will cause the OS to behave differently than we expect it to). If that's the case, our efforts to help may just waste your time. Secondly, the forum rules prohibit assisting with pirated software - so the topic would be closed if that is the case.As a courtesy, I will offer an analysis of your issues using the reports you provided.I will not answer any questions about the analysis until the system is made legitimate.If you do make it legitimate, please submit a new set of reports for us to check.Just FYI, sometimes the owner won't know about this.  So here's 2 scenarios that might ring a bell:- if they had a "friend" help with the computer - and the "friend" installed a pirated copy.- or they used a copy that they had from another OEM computer.  The OEM license is tied to the hardware that it came from - so you can't just use it on another system (that means that it's pirated).And here's the analysis:Only 263 Windows Update hotfixes installed.  Most systems with SP1 have 350-400 or more.  Please visit Windows Update and get ALL available updates (it may take several trips to get them all).The actual number is not important.  Rather it's important that you checked manually, installed any available updates, and didn't experience any errors when checking or updating.Many more Live Kernel Events than BSOD events in the WER section of the MSINFO32 report.This is suggestive of a hardware problem (this isn't a 100% diagnosis - rather it's an increased likelihood of a hardware problem).Regardless, it's enough to suggest doing hardware diagnostics.  Please start with these free hardware diagnostics:  http://www.carrona.org/hwdiag.html Out of 21 memory dumps there were 8 different BSOD  (aka STOP or BugCheck) error codes.  The differing error codes are usually symptomatic of a lower level problem within the system. They are usually caused by one of these things (the list is not in any sort of order):- borked (broken) hardware (several different procedures used to isolate the problem device)- BIOS issues (check for updates at the motherboard manufacturer's website)- overclocking/overheating - You'll know if you're overclocking or not. If uncertain we can suggest things to check.- dirt/dust/hair/fur/crud inside the case.  Blow out the case/vents with canned air (DO NOT use an air compressor or vacuum as they can cause damage to the system)- missing Windows Updates- compatibility issues (3rd party hardware/drivers), older systems, or even pirated systems- low-level driver problems- or even malware (scanned for when we ask for hardware diagnostics from http://www.carrona.org/initdiag.html or http://www.carrona.org/hwdiag.html ).Please get a head start on the hardware diagnostics - they are located here:  http://www.carrona.org/hwdiag.htmlAMD OverDrive (AODDriver2.sys) is either a stand-alone application, or a component of the AMD VISION Engine Control Center.  This driver is known to cause BSOD's on some Windows systems. NOTE:  these symptoms were from the previous release of OverDrive.  The new release uses the same driver name, but is dated from 4 November 2013. Please un-install all AMD/ATI video stuff from Control Panel...Programs...Un-install a program.Please note that I stated "video stuff", as some integrated processors may have the graphics chip built in (which may involve the chipse... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/617823/custom-build-gaming-bsod-game-crashes-streaming-crashes/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi im getting Random BSOD Screens, Can anyone assist me please?

Also here is the one i got today :

ntoskrnl.exe
ataport.SYS
kneps.sys

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks.

A:BSOD on a Custom Computer?

Please follow - Blue Screen of Death Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/301674-bsod-custom-computer.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hey guys I m not the smartest computer guy out there I know a little bit here and there but not enough to fix my problem I have a custom built computer see the attached dxdiag Help-Custom BSOD Computer file which is acting up a bit lately I use AntiVir Personal Edition Classic for antivirus TweakNow PowerPack Spybot Search amp Destroy and Ad-Aware SE The main problem is this At random times while on my computer MOSTLY when I m playing the game Battlefield I ll eventually get a blue screen of death with either DRIVER IRQL NOT EQUAL OR LESS BAD POOL CALLER or just IRQL LESS THAN something like that The BSOD Help-Custom Computer second problem which isn t as serious is that both Firefox and IE sometimes don t load pages completely I ll get the white internet page with nothing or sometimes I ll have to refresh a lot For example when I log into myspace everytime with Firefox after I click login it just shows a completely white page with only the top myspace options Home Help etc and I always will have to click quot Home quot for it to reload back to myspace homepage and then click home AGAIN to bring me to where I should be It happens on other web sites too where I ll be browsing and some stuff usually around the borders or edges will show but the rest of the page will be clear It doesn t happen ALL the time but pretty frequently Anyways the BSODs are the worst problem After a lot of reading I think it might have something to do with my device drivers but I ve checked for updates on just about all of them The last major driver update I did was with my ASUS Update and updated to BIOS because it was the latest one However I was getting these BSODs long before I updated The times they seem to happen the most is when - I ve been playing Battlefield for a little while and -When I go away from the computer for long periods of time and come back and a BSOD is on my screen Like I said I ve attached the dxdiag If you guys need any other info or questions that might help diagnose and fix these problems please feel free to let me know I appreciate any help with this matter thank you for your time nbsp

A:BSOD Help-Custom Computer

I would start by testing your memory. Download and run Memtest86

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-help-custom-computer.78454/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hello,

I get a BSOD at mostly random times. I've attached the files as per the posting instructions. Any help is appreciated.

Edit #1:
I ran driver verification - no BSOD occurred. Attached is the result of verifier /query.

A:BSOD - Custom Built Computer

Additional Information.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-custom-built-computer-688490.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hello A small BSoD's Various Built Computer on Custom bit of history first The computer in question is a custom build that I had been using for around years with no problems at all I then gave it to my sister after a complete format and she has Various BSoD's on Custom Built Computer started to experience many BSoD's with it Please note that only the internal hardware is the same she may be using external hardware USB devices that are different to what I was using which I believe may be the problem here I did try running Driver Verifier and the computer would not boot up It would BSoD into an IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL Sometimes I noticed the computer would not even get past POST It would finish all the memory tests then just restart I have attached the entire folder of the SF Diagnostic Tool If anyone could help shed some light on why I am receiving these BSoD's and how to fix it I would really appreciate it

A:Various BSoD's on Custom Built Computer

Hi aommaster.

Apparently the BSODs are seeming to be some sort of driver fault, but the failing driver/s are not showing up in the crash dumps.

Code:
INVALID_KERNEL_HANDLE (93)
This message occurs if kernel code attempts to close or reference a handle
that is not a valid handle. Only invalid or protected handles passed to NtClose
will cause this bugcheck, unless bad handle detection is enabled.

Code:
IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (a)
An attempt was made to access a pageable (or completely invalid) address at an
interrupt request level (IRQL) that is too high. This is usually
caused by drivers using improper addresses.
Enable Driver Verifier to monitor the drivers.
Run Driver Verifier for 24 hours or the occurrence of the next crash, whichever is earlier.

Information
Why Driver Verifier:
It puts a stress on the drivers, ans so it makes the unstable drivers crash. Hopefully the driver that crashes is recorded in the memory dump.

Warning
Before enabling DV, make it sure that you have earlier System restore points made in your computer. You can check it easily by using CCleaner looking at Tools > System Restore.

Tip

If you fail to get on the Desktop because of DV, Boot into Advanced Boot Options > Safe mode. Disable DV there. Now boot normally again, and try following the instruction of enabling DV again.
If you cannot boot in Safe mode too, do a System Restore to a point you made earlier.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/324143-various-bsods-custom-built-computer.html
Relevancy 56.33%

? OS - Windows 7 x64
? clean installed on 120GB Corsair SSD (CSSD-F120GB3A-BK)
? full retail version
? <6 Months old
? <6 Months old - have you re-installed the OS? No

? Intel i7-3770K Ivy Bridge (BX80637I73770K)
? MSI N670GTX-PM2D2GD5
? ASUS P8Z77-V LK LGA 1155
? Antec HCG-750 750W ATX12V

This was a custom build I completed early August.

A:BSOD custom built computer

There are not any .dmp files in the upload to look at.
Check in the C:\windows\minidump folder to see if there are any, if there are zip up and upload, if not check the PC is set to collect mini dumps.

Check the PC is set to collect mini dumps> How to Check Computer is set to collect dumps

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-custom-built-computer-671037.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I get BSOD on my computer as soon as Windows boot up If I unplug the power supply for about seconds and replace it the computer will boot up and run for about minutes before going back to BSOD I have noticed that the computer will also have lines in the screen etc right before it goes to BSOD The computer temps are running around c - c at its highest The computer specs are listed below ID-INFO BLKPEARL MODEL C SERIES SW- - JUST CAUSE GAME Computer BSOD Built Custom on SW- - BATMAN ARKHAM CITY GAME COUPON KB- - BLACK MULTIMEDIA INTERNET USB KEYBOARD MN- - SCEPTRE X W quot BSOD on Custom Built Computer X BSOD on Custom Built Computer BLACK LCD MO- - BLACK USB MOUSE CU- - INTEL i - GHZ M RETAIL HD- - TB SATA III RPM quot HARD DRIVE RM- - KINGSTON HYPER X DDR MHz GB MEMORY FA- - COOLERMASTER V GT CPU COOLER FAN CS- - BLACK AZZA SOLANO FULL TOWER NO POWER - BSOD on Custom Built Computer - CD- - BLACK LG UH LS K X BLU-RAY PLAYER amp DVDRW COMBO CD- - BLACK LITE-ON X DVDRW MR- - -IN-ONE INTERNAL CARD READER MB- - GIGABYTE GI SNIPER INTEL X SATA GB S USB LGA MB PS- - RAIDMAX RX- AE WATT PLUS GOLD POWER SUPPLY FC- - NZXT SENTRY LX ALUMINUM DUAL BAY DIGITAL FAN CONTROL VC- - NVIDIA GTX GB GDDR PCI-E DIRCTX SW- - WINDOWS HOME PREMIUM LICENSE SW- - WINDOWS HOME PREMIUM COA SW- - WINDOWS HOME PREMIUM SP -BIT BOX SYSTEM BOX AND FOAM ULTRA-PACKAGING ULTRA ENHANCED PACKAGING SOLUTION CABLE-PROWIRE PROFESSIONAL CABLE WIRING IMAGE-MESSAGE CUSTOM MESSAGE MISC COURIER NEW MISC ONBOARD SOUND

A:BSOD on Custom Built Computer

Please upload a report

http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ta-452654.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-on-custom-built-computer-631457.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I've had my computer for several months now and it intermittently gets a BSOD. Sometimes it happens shortly after booting up, but other times it happens after I've been working for several hours. I cannot detect a discernible pattern. It is a custom built computer (specs filled in). I have very little experience troubleshooting these types of issues.

Thanks

A:BSOD randomly... Custom Computer

jpbirk13, Test your RAM modules for possible errors.
If it comes free of problems, enable Driver Verifier to monitor the drivers.

Information
Why Driver Verifier:

Warning

Tip

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/276431-bsod-randomly-custom-computer.html
Relevancy 56.33%

My husband bought a custom-built PC from CyberPowerPC about a month ago. Ever since he got the PC we have had a problem with the screen glitching...it almost looks like someone hit the screen. Then, it will go to BSOD. I have posted an image of the error screen we are getting. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, we have uninstalled and reinstalled Windows 7, the graphics drivers, and also have been very selective about the Windows Updates because that was causing an issue before.

A:BSOD on Custom Built Computer

Welcome to the forum.
That is probably a video card error. It should still be under warranty contact Cyber Power.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bsod-on-custom-built-computer.1044817/
Relevancy 55.9%

I recently built a new computer and have been getting between 1 and 4 BSODs a day. They seem to occur at no particular occasion when I am not doing a particular task. I have had blue screens when the computer is idle, when playing a game. Can someone please help me find out the issue here?

A:0x0000001e BSOD on custom built computer

7b35dbf48cc2b83b38bef5a3a816de54.png

Here is a gyazo of my specs in case you don't know them.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/245042-0x0000001e-bsod-custom-built-computer.html