Windows Support Forum

black screen in full screen games

Q: black screen in full screen games

hi guys i have a problem.in games like hitman absolution,splinter cell i have black screen error.If i play league of legends sometimes i get black screen and sometimes i dont get this error.
i get this error just when i play in full screen.
Can you tell me what i can do?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: black screen in full screen games

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: black screen in full screen games

Hi,
No dump file is present in your upload.

Please navigate to C:\windows\minidump and Upload the files if present.

If no files are logged, be sure you have windows configured correctly, you want Minidumps:

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/174459-dump-files-configure-windows-create-bsod.html

Then re-run the SF Tool and post after your next crash.

In the meantime, you can try updating your ATI Radeon HD drivers as they are out dated.

Uninstall all ATI drivers, Catalyst Control Centre following this method.

This is the Latest Version Display Driver ver. 12.104, that you will need.

Also from your Event Logs:

Code:

Event[946]:
Log Name: Application
Source: Microsoft-Windows-CAPI2
Date: 2013-08-23T08:10:57.366
Event ID: 4107
Task: N/A
Level: Error
Opcode: Info
Keyword: Classic
User: N/A
User Name: N/A
Computer: Alex-PC
Description:
Failed extract of third-party root list from auto
update cab at: <http://www.download.windowsupdate.co...uthrootstl.cab> with error:
A required certificate is not within its validity period when
verifying against the current system clock or the timestamp in the signed file.
1. Do you experience incorrect time and date settings on your computer regular?
2. Do you get any Checksum errors at Boot?

If so, replace the CMOS battery on the Motherboard, otherwise:

Please follow: Event ID 4107 or Event ID 11 is logged in the Application log in Windows and in Windows Server

Please uninstall Reg clean Pro, Widows 7 does not need such registry cleaners and they may
do more harm than good. If you need to use a registry cleaner CCleaner is recommended.

Cheers

Dave

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/302182-black-screen-full-screen-games.html
Relevancy 107.5%

I've tried updating the drivers, making sure nothing was overclocked, ram memtest and furmark. memtest found no errors, same with chkdsk and it didn't crash in furmark
my average temp of gpu is 31 degrees Celsius.

It plays sound for a few seconds afterward but then becomes unresponsive to the power button and keyboard so I have to turn the psu off.

Help would be greatly appreciated

and for some reason it keeps posting this in general discussion not bsod support

A:Black screen when watching videos full screen and exiting games

How old is your PSU? what brand is the PSU? the video card is Radeon? Have you tried to put the video card into a different PCIe slot? have you tried to do a "clean boot", with only MS programmes starting, as in diagnostic startup?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/345372-black-screen-when-watching-videos-full-screen-exiting-games.html
Relevancy 105.78%

The problem started around a week or two ago. When I run full screen games, the screen becomes black and the system does not respond to anything. Programs in the background still run as audio can still be heard. I suspect it may be BSOD but am unsure. The problem does not occur right away, it happens when the program has been on for around 10 minutes.

Some additional info: When I received the computer from the seller, I accidentally uninstalled some drivers and had to reinstall them. I tried to find the drivers on the NVIDIA site but the ones marked for my GPU did not work. I found another driver that worked, but I am not sure if that caused other issues.

- Windows 7
- 64 bit
- Original Vista installation
- Full retail OS version
- Hardware around 2 years old
- Windows 7 installed July 13, 09
- Intel Core2 Duo [email protected]
- NVIDIA GeForce 9800M GTS
- System Manufacturer: Gateway

A:Black screen when running full screen games

One crash from back in January blaming a network driver

Code:
NETw5s64.sys Wed Jan 13 11:37:13 2010 (4B4DF6B9)
Update your driver - http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Deta...20Applications

Code:
31/12/2008 11:29:28 AM C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\evbda.sys
This belongs to a Broadcom network device. It shows that it isn't running, but the driver is still on the computer and is from 2008. Either uninstall it or update it - Broadcom.com - Broadcom License Agreement

Code:
07/01/2011 9:07:22 PM C:\Windows\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys
Video card is outdated.
Download newest driver from here - NVIDIA DRIVERS 295.73 WHQL
Uninstall current device from device manager. Make sure to choose the option to remove driver software.
Reboot and then install latest package

Code:
sptd.sys Sun Oct 11 16:55:14 2009 (4AD24632)
Please remove Daemon Tools and run the SPTD removal tool. This driver causes many BSOD/computer problems - DuplexSecure

Code:
SRTSP64.SYS Tue Jan 22 00:16:07 2008 (47957C17)
SRTSPX64.SYS Tue Jan 22 00:17:58 2008 (47957C86)
These belong to your Symantec product. Make sure your stuff is all up to date.

Code:
Event[150]:
Log Name: System
Source: Microsoft-Windows-WER-SystemErrorReporting
Date: 2012-02-24T12:49:46.000
Event ID: 1001
Task: N/A
Level: Error
Opcode: N/A
Keyword: Classic
User: N/A
User Name: N/A
Computer: JuiceBox-PC
Description:
The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x000000c4 (0x00000000000000f6, 0x00000000000000dc, 0xfffffa8006e30060, 0xfffff8800429fea9). A dump was saved in: C:\Windows\MEMORY.DMP. Report Id: 022412-32697-01.
This is in your event log, but there is no minidump file. Do you run any system cleaners? If you do, stop, because they delete minidumps.

BSOD BUGCHECK SUMMARY

Code:

Built by: 7601.17640.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.110622-1506
Debug session time: Tue Jan 17 11:12:09.119 2012 (UTC - 5:00)
System Uptime: 3 days 13:17:19.981
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for NETw5s64.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for NETw5s64.sys
Probably caused by : NETw5s64.sys ( NETw5s64+1f7e43 )
EXCEPTION_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000005 - The instruction at 0x%08lx referenced memory at 0x%08lx. The memory could not be %s.
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x3B
PROCESS_NAME: firefox.exe
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x3B_NETw5s64+1f7e43
BiosReleaseDate = 12/16/2008
SystemManufacturer = Gateway
SystemProductName = P-7805u
CPUID: "Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU P8400 @ 2.26GHz"
MaxSpeed: 2260
CurrentSpeed: 2261
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/black-screen-when-running-full-screen-games-632368.html
Relevancy 104.06%

Ok so whenever a game launches in fullscreen mode any game I ve tried quite a few I get a black screen and my computer seems unresponsive Alt Tab Alt F and Alt Enter if it s a Steam game do nothing From this I either have to hard reset or sleep wake my laptop which windows the game making it playable I ve noticed that the game will play full screen when run with the integrated graphics processor Intel HD but not with the dedicated graphics card nVidia GeForce GT m but of course the integrated graphics processor on any laptop is never good for gaming Likely meaning it s a software problem with my nVidia card I ve checked the latest drivers and I ve returned the settings in nVidia Control Panel to default settings All the games I ve played worked a couple of months ago but it was exam season so I haven t been gaming on my laptop recently and when I ve tried I ve had these problems I ve attached a DxDiag report if that s of any help to anyone Full specs can be found here Does anyone have any ideas Specs OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - M CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor screen games all full Black for screen Count RAM Mb Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GT M Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Black screen for all full screen games TOSHIBA PEQAA Antivirus Black screen for all full screen games avast Antivirus Updated and Enabled nbsp

A:Black screen for all full screen games

Hi there

Update the driver here: http://www.geforce.com/drivers/results/77228

If the games still do not work you have to configure the switchable graphics. This is a feature to save power by automatically allocating the internal graphics card for small applications so that the power hungry graphics card is not used all the time.

Here is a youtube video to help with switchable graphics: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X8KqkZ5mTpw

Hope this helps
Grant

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-for-all-full-screen-games.1131309/
Relevancy 97.18%

Hi everybody I ve been having issues getting games to run full screen I do not mean that they are running windowed so alt-enter does not do anything The game screens are centered and surrounded by black borders It is the SIZE of the screens that isn t where I want it to be not the resolution Each game seems to have its own screen size Everything using DOSBox is quot Diablo is quot and Galactic Civilization is quot My screen size is quot The only games that stay full screen are anything ran on an emulator The desktop is are screen. They borders. and smaller, have centered, Games full won't run black untouched and Games won't run full screen. They are smaller, centered, and have black borders. full screen with my resolution set Games won't run full screen. They are smaller, centered, and have black borders. to x Changing the resolution in control settings gt display gt settings does nothing at all to the games I m trying to play as far as Games won't run full screen. They are smaller, centered, and have black borders. I can tell And I literally JUST solved my problem but I will continue to post this thread b c I have read a lot of these with the same error occurring with answers that did not solve my problem On my computer using Windows XP all I had to do was go into Control Panel gt Display gt Settings gt Advanced then click on the tab that should have the title of your graphics card mine was Intel Graphics Media Accelerator Driver then choose Graphics Properties and finally choose Full Screen No Border as opposed to Center Desktop I never changed this so something I downloaded or ran must have altered this setting Hope this helps nbsp

A:Games won't run full screen. They are smaller, centered, and have black borders.

Excellent! Thanks for the tip. I remember not being able to fix this on my brother's pc.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/games-wont-run-full-screen-they-are-smaller-centered-and-have-black-borders.1086440/
Relevancy 97.18%

Hi guys I have a quick question regarding some games I am trying to play I just got a new laptop it s a cheapo - Asus K MA quot screen running Windows No graphics card or anything but it s powerful enough to play older games I am trying to play Half Life and Elderscrolls Morrowind but I have the same problem with each game When I start the game I have black margins approx inch on both sides of the screen so it s not displaying in full screen mode I have tried some fixes like going to screen resolution advanced IntelHD Graphics Control Panel Maintain Display Scaling but it doesn t work I am not sure if this is a problem with my monitor or with windows It s a generic monitor so it doesn t have a lot of options I ve searched for a while but can t find any solutions online Can anyone help Thanks so much Cheers nbsp

A:Games won't play in full screen...black margins on both sides

The only thying I can think of is that your gaming res isnt set to your native desktop res. I know that you said you have looked at this, bu tI suggest checking, see what your desktop res is, and make sure that games have the same setting. I play HL and dont get black margins, so I know that it will run properly.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/games-wont-play-in-full-screen-black-margins-on-both-sides.1142931/
Relevancy 95.46%

Hi all Been having a few computer troubles last couple of days Up until now I have never had a computer crash since building my machine Occasionally I've had to force-quit a program but never random crashes I've had in the last day or so though And none of them have happened with a BSoD The last one to happen was while watching movies full-screen full screen games, randomly; Computer crashes a movie I Ctrl Alt Del'd and it got stuck showing a message quot preparing security options quot with the time-circle but never progressed past that point They all seem to happen at random regardless Computer crashes randomly; full-screen games, full screen movies of what I do When playing full-screen games watching full-screen movies or even just sitting idling I've tried updating my MOBO BiOS my gfx driver tried taking out and setting the RAM again and even ran a full-system scan with both anti-virus and with CCleaner I'm afraid I'm not sure what I should do I tried to upload the files from the SF Diagnostic Computer crashes randomly; full-screen games, full screen movies Tool but got a message saying I didn't have the correct Security Token If there's any other information that you require of me please don't hesitate to ask

A:Computer crashes randomly; full-screen games, full screen movies

Put the files on Dropbox or Skydrive and post a link here. Will have a look

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/271641-computer-crashes-randomly-full-screen-games-full-screen-movies.html
Relevancy 91.59%

Hello all,

I've been having a very annoying problem for quite a while now. When I play games or use any sort of full screen program, it refuse to stay in full screen and flickers to the desktop after a 10-30 minute period...I'm aware this is probably another program trying to take control, but I can't seem to pin it down. I've tried disabling startup programs through task manager and I've also tried ending background process, with no success.

Can someone please advise how to troubleshoot this issue, or let me know an easier way to find out what is going on...

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Matthew

A:Full screen programs (games etc) will not stay full screen

Are your drivers for your GPU and motherboard updated? Are you overclocking? What are your temps? Please list your full system specs

System Spec - Fill In Your EightForums System Spec

http://www.eightforums.com/gaming/54371-full-screen-programs-games-etc-will-not-stay-full-screen.html
Relevancy 91.59%

Hello all,

I've been having a very annoying problem for quite a while now. When I play games or use any sort of full screen program, it refuse to stay in full screen and flickers to the desktop after a 10-30 minute period...I'm aware this is probably another program trying to take control, but I can't seem to pin it down. I've tried disabling startup programs through task manager and I've also tried ending background process, with no success.

Can someone please advise how to troubleshoot this issue, or let me know an easier way to find out what is going on...

Any help will be greatly appreciated!

Matthew

A:Full screen programs (games etc) will not stay full screen

Can anyone suggest anything?

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/54270-full-screen-programs-games-etc-will-not-stay-full-screen.html
Relevancy 87.72%

Built my own computer, and for a while it ran fine, but now when I try to play League of Legends it will crash often. Sometimes the game freezes, and no method of input will change the screen until I hold down the power button. In this case my speakers emit a high pitched noise. Other times the screen will go black, and the computer will automatically restart. Other times I will get a blue screen with the error code 0x00007e. Please help this is getting very annoying!

I should note that it is not often that it crashes, sometimes it will happen twice in a short time, sometimes it will take days.

DMP files uploaded as per posting instructions, please inform me if you need anything more, thank you!

A:BSOD or black screen while playing League of Legends or Full Screen YT

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x124_AuthenticAMD =
Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try
Probably hardware. Clean out dust in the system, if you have overclocked stop and revert to original settings. The link contains the most probable solution to your problem. IF the problem cannot be fixed i suggest lowering the vcore a tad tad bit.
Here are stresstests to possibly help rule a few things out. : Stresstests:
Ram : RAM - Test with Memtest86+
General hardware: Hardware - Stress Test With Prime95 ( (Three pre-set configurations are available: Small FFTs and In-place FFTs, and Blend. Small and In-place modes primarily test the FPU and the caches of the CPU, whereas the Blend mode tests everything, including the memory.)
Graphics: Video Card - Stress Test with Furmark (Do the above Graphics test only with the latest drivers, and then Run it until the temperatures stop increasing; should be less then 10 minutes. If you don't see any crazy glitches or distortion on the screen, The test most likely passed. Take note if the Temperature gets too high, or you see Visual artifact - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia to stop the test.)
Good luck.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/253430-bsod-black-screen-while-playing-league-legends-full-screen-yt.html
Relevancy 87.72%

Full screen game will full screen when I use Vista and XP. When I use Seven, the side will become dark.

Like this:

But when I use fraps to take screenshot, it appears to be full screen image. So, i have to draw it out. Any idea?

Information: Nvidia Geforce 9300M GS
Dell Inspiron 1427, Intel Core2Duo T6600
Windows Se7en Ultimate build 7600

A:Full Screen Games no full screen on Windows Seven

Ok what is going on here is your screen is set to a smaller size in game then in windows.
If you check your windows settings you will see something like 1440x900 then look at the setting in game it may end up being 800x600. See the difference.
Also what game are you trying to play, I know that most steam games you need to enable the widescreen support in game then you can change the resolution to the correct size for your screen.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/23251-full-screen-games-no-full-screen-windows-seven.html
Relevancy 87.29%

My computer has a problem with crashing while playing a video in full screen. When it crashes the screen turns black while the speakers give out a buzzing noise. Everything is unresposive the only solution is to turn it off with the power button. It happens in any full screen video online or offline and even visualizations from windows media player and iTunes, but only in full screen. I don't think it's overheating either because sometimes it takes 30 mins to crash and other times it will crash immediately when put in full screen. *I've tried setting it back to factory settings thus reinstalling windows. *All the directx features are working with no reported problem there.*
I don't think it's a memory issue in the computer, as my specs are:
Windows 7 64-bit
Processor: intel core i5 3.20 GHz
Ram: 8 GB
Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 220
Graphics card memory: 0.5 GB
Any other ideas?

A:Full screen videos crashing to black screen and buzzing

Quote: Originally Posted by qwerty5

My computer has a problem with crashing while playing a video in full screen. When it crashes the screen turns black while the speakers give out a buzzing noise. Everything is unresposive the only solution is to turn it off with the power button. It happens in any full screen video online or offline and even visualizations from windows media player and iTunes, but only in full screen. I don't think it's overheating either because sometimes it takes 30 mins to crash and other times it will crash immediately when put in full screen. *I've tried setting it back to factory settings thus reinstalling windows. *All the directx features are working with no reported problem there.*
I don't think it's a memory issue in the computer, as my specs are:
Windows 7 64-bit
Processor: intel core i5 3.20 GHz
Ram: 8 GB
Graphics card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 220
Graphics card memory: 0.5 GB
Any other ideas?

To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.

The procedure:

* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.

To ensure minidumps are enabled:

Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
OK your way out.
Reboot if changes have been made.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/153152-full-screen-videos-crashing-black-screen-buzzing.html
Relevancy 86.43%

I need help Netflix screen screen YouTube Black full and on I talked to NetFlix they are stumped I Black screen on Netflix and full screen YouTube changed video cards and got the latest drivers I even formatted my hard drive and reinstalled my applications This last got rid of the problem but Black screen on Netflix and full screen YouTube it came back At this point when I try to watch a Netflix video on my computer m either in a window or in full screen mode I hear the audio track but only see a black screen A YouTube video is fine in a window but full screen mode is pure black though with audio Other videos players will sometimes go to black in full screen I am running Windows XP SP on a gHz computer with MB ram The new video card is an NVidia GeForce AGP with MB ram I am using a DVI connection to an ASUS LED monitor I wonder if anyone else has had a similar problem Does anyone have any ideas Thanks in advance for any help anyone may offer on this subject C

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/black-screen-on-netflix-and-full-screen-youtube-617273.html
Relevancy 86.43%

Hi throughout the past week I have been having a problem when I attempt to exit from any full screen application Most of the mode Black after exiting screen screen full time the screen Black screen after exiting full screen mode goes completely black except for the mouse cursor All inputs are responsive and I am able to restart the computer using the keyboard which fixes the problem The problem occurs Black screen after exiting full screen mode if full screen mode is interrupted in any manner close restore minimize etc I am planning to perform a series of tests tonight in an attempt to determine whether the Black screen after exiting full screen mode problem is software or hardware related In the mean time I was hoping that someone here would have had experience with this manner of problem in the past Last but not least here are the afflicted system's specifications AMD Athlon XP processor Biostar M NCD Ultra motherboard w NVidia NForce chipset ATI Radeon Pro Sapphire MB PC RAM dual channel Other system specifications available upon request Thank you for taking the time to read this

A:Black screen after exiting full screen mode

Hi, Welcome to TSF

Whenever I have fullscreen problems I use dxdiag to check out DirectX, and reinstall my graphics drivers.

Can you please post the results of your tests?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/black-screen-after-exiting-full-screen-mode-59907.html
Relevancy 85.14%

I am absolutely stumped Starting around GMT- screen Black game screen after full my computer has been displaying a black screen after exiting or minimizing a full screen game The only thing still visible is the mouse cursor The desktop still responds and I am able to restore a minimized game which Black screen after full screen game solves the problem until I minimize it again or close it I can also restart which solves it until I open another game This has occurred before around one month ago It eventually went away after a week or so I posted back then but no one responded Hopefully someone can help me this Black screen after full screen game time because it is a very annoying problem So far I have checked all my video card settings made sure everything is updated completed virus and spyware scans defragmented reinstalled graphics drivers checked for unusual startup entries and checked my Hijack This log I was unable to determine what the cause of this phenomena was For your convenience here are my computer specifications AMD Athlon XP processor Biostar M NCD Ultra mothreboard ATI Radeon Pro MB video card MB PC RAM Thank you for taking the time to read this Hopefully someone here can help me out nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-after-full-screen-game.393231/
Relevancy 85.14%

I just installed new nvidia drivers after using Driver Cleaner. Now whenever I exit a full screen game, the screen is all black. I can still see the mouse change when I move it around. If I use the switch user shortcut and log back in, everything looks fine, but doing this constantly is getting annoying. So how do I get rid of the screen turning black after exiting a full screen program?

A:Black screen after exiting full screen

do you have direct X 9.0c?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/black-screen-after-exiting-full-screen-119333.html
Relevancy 82.99%

This problem has occurred quot somewhat quot I don t know when exactly recently I used to be able to play full screen games just fine but now for auto as Games(WC3, as games, minimizes Screen launched soon always etc) Steam Full some reason everytime I launch a full Full Screen Games(WC3, Steam games, etc) always auto minimizes as soon as launched screen game it auto minimizes When I alt tab back or click the game icon on the task bar it remaximizes the game but quickly gets minimized Full Screen Games(WC3, Steam games, etc) always auto minimizes as soon as launched after a second Games play fine while in quot windowed quot mode Warcraft etc Full screen keeps minimizing I use Windows Vista Ultimate bit Nvidia GeForce onboard video card I ve done scans with Avast Malware Bytes and Super Antispyware and they all found nothing Three months ago same system full screen games played fine however I was on sort of a quot full screen quot gaming break so I only recently tried playing full screen games like Warcraft and this is when I encountered the quot auto minimizes quot problem The only major difference between the time full screen games worked and now is Avast I upgraded from Avast to Avast other than that there were no other major changes with the computer I am on Avast is on Silent Gaming mode and I tried disabling all the shields temporarily to see if it would fix the issue but it didn t Does anyone have any ideas or need anymore info that may help Any help will be appreciated thanks Edit I found a solution though still looking if there is another way to quot fix quot this issue - Right click on a program shortcut or program gt Properties gt Compatibility gt check the quot Disable Desktop Composition quot This disables Windows Aero while the full screen appliance is running This fixes the issue however three months ago before my long three month full screen video game break I didn t have to disable Windows Aero So I still wonder what changed to cause these full screen games to auto minimize if Windows Theme is set to Aero While this solution works I d rather not have to disable desktop composition windows aero if there is another solution to this problem because it causes the games to take longer to launch and exit since Windows Aero is usually on So anyone have any other ideas nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/full-screen-games-wc3-steam-games-etc-always-auto-minimizes-as-soon-as-launched.933445/
Relevancy 79.55%

Is it possible to run two full screen games (like Half-Life 2, FEAR, UT2004 etc) at once, with one on each of my two monitors? I know this would obviously be very stressful on the computer, but I think my PC could handle some lower end games like UT2004... the problem is that all full screen games open on screen 1. Is there some way to make them open on screen 2 and have two running at once?

Just FYI, I am not talking about games like Supcom which use both screens. I'm talking about having two instances of a game running with one on each screen.

A:Two Full Screen Games at Once?

I don't know of any way to do it under 1 OS (except just launching both at once, but I imagine you tried that). Aside from maybe having 2 users logged in at once and each running a game.

You could probably do it with 1 running in a VMWare'd OS.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/two-full-screen-games-at-once.97230/
Relevancy 79.55%

Hi, i have e msi ex630x laptop and with the latest nvidia drivers i have this problem http://yfrog.com/f/bcdscn0254cj/
I tried all resolutions avaible in games.
I know is fixed with reverting to older drivers but i'd really like to stick with the new ones.

A:not full screen in games

it got fixed. i switched in nvidia control panel from use my preference to - use advanced 3D image settings and then back to use my preferences and it works now.
also the resolutions in change resolution tab where missing , now they appeared.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/not-full-screen-in-games.962571/
Relevancy 79.55%

Hi I got one major problem when gaming whenever i play SOME game FULLSCREEN it will show nothing or in other word blank screen Thos of the game are games some full run Can't screen. killing floor sniper elite v counter strike source COD I can only play windowed mod Other low graphic games like counter strike and some mild graphic games like Dota has no problem It occur few months ago and i am getting frustrated Here s My spec Operating System MS Windows Ultimate -bit SP CPU Intel Core i GHz C Clarkdale nm Technology RAM GB Single-Channel DDR MHz - - - Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer Can't run some games full screen. INC P H -M LGA C Graphics Philips E email protected BB Capture Driver Intel R HD Graphics Hard Drives GB Western Digital WDC WD AADS- M B ATA Device SATA C Optical Drives MagicISO Virtual DVD-ROM DTSOFT Virtual CdRom Device SONY DVD RW DRU- S ATA Device Audio Realtek High Definition Audio I have update my graphic Driver and try to run with compability mod but it does nt work I knew that system restore would work but i dont want to loses my file and i dont think i have a restore point before that problem Pls Help ps My english is not good there may be some grammer error cause i am from asia and our country does not really encourage english so nbsp

A:Can't run some games full screen.

Do you guys need my DxDiag report?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-run-some-games-full-screen.1060915/
Relevancy 79.55%

I play this game called America's Army and it started running slow. Well i reformatted my computer, and when i got it back the America's Army graphics didn't work. All my drivers are up to date so please dont tell me to do this, and I have DirectX 9.0C so please don't tell me to do this either. When I tested DxDiag Direct3D tests, the Direct3D7 test succeeded but the Direct3D 8 and the Direct3D 9 tests failed. I NEED HELP BAD! I have gone to several people and no one has known how to fix it. PLEASE ADD ME on msn: [email protected]

I have a match comin up this monday so I NEED HELP FAST! PLEASE

Relevancy 78.69%

If you are playing a fullscreen game (not a Metro Game) is the charms bar disabled, or does it interfere with right-side gameplay? Is it the same with the left sidebar?

According to Microsoft answers, there might be a way to disable the Charms bar, but they are not telling everybody!

Disable charms bar temporarily - Microsoft Answers

A:Charms bar and full screen games

Yup, I saw that yesterday while researching. The mod can't paste it in the link, instead of being all super secret like it's some insider trading in the stock market or something?

http://www.eightforums.com/gaming/5851-charms-bar-full-screen-games.html
Relevancy 78.69%

Hi,

My previous operating system (Vista Home Premium) crashed and I lost everything. I also misplaced the installation disc so I just decided to upgrade to Windows 7 Ultimate. Everything works fine aside from the games don't accommodate the full desktop screen even though it is already set to full mode. I can see black screen on both left and right sides of the screen.

I already searched this forum for the solutions but still no luck. My laptop is Dell Inspiron 125 and my processor is Intel Core 2 Duo. I don't know if that helps...

Additional information: I boot into safe mode and all the games display fine.

Thanks in advance to those who can help.

A:Games not playing on full screen

Quote: Originally Posted by khernan31

Hi,

My previous operating system (Vista Home Premium) crashed and I lost everything. I also misplaced the installation disc so I just decided to upgrade to Windows 7 Ultimate. Everything works fine aside from the games don't accommodate the full desktop screen even though it is already set to full mode. I can see black screen on both left and right sides of the screen.

I already searched this forum for the solutions but still no luck. My laptop is Dell Inspiron 125 and my processor is Intel Core 2 Duo. I don't know if that helps...

Additional information: I boot into safe mode and all the games display fine.

Thanks in advance to those who can help.

We might be able to help if we knew what hardware you have. can you fill in your system specs?

ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/89772-games-not-playing-full-screen.html
Relevancy 78.69%

Hi, I have this problem with some full screen games. As some work fine, others just either pop up with the box saying "Video Mode not Supported" or a black and white screen. I am not sure what is wrong. I tried downloading a newer driver for my video card. It did work because I tried playing the game after I downloaded it. But after I restarted my computer, it returned back to normal where it either shows the box or black/white screen. I believe my computer can display it but it just won't after restarting my computer, but if I install the driver again, it works again until I restart. (same thing)

Regards,

Krytical

Relevancy 78.69%

So, ever since I got my laptop, even before it get sent off for its shoddy repair job, no games at all with run in true full wide screen. I got Black Ops and it really bugs me that there are 2 black "bars" on each side of the screen that squishes the game a wee bit. I have been hunting for a while now on a way to fix this. Any ideas will be handy Thanks

Relevancy 78.69%

Product Name: 15 AF008AXOperating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)Games not workin in full screeni have reset the win & update/ reinstall AMD drivers many times from HP and AMD sites directlysame issueneed help plsss.................

A:GAMES NOT WORKING ON FULL SCREEN

Hi, It is a low end machine:    http://www.price-hunt.com/laptops/hp-15-af-008-ax-notebook.php#info From games, you can have 2 options: (a) full screen with lower frame rates or(b) smaller screen with normal frame rates. I think you are trying (a) that why it won't work. There are few games machines around, if you wish, you can pay double the amount of this machine to get one. Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/GAMES-NOT-WORKING-ON-FULL-SCREEN/td-p/5739825
Relevancy 78.69%

Hi

I have installed Neverwinter Nights and the game does not occupy the full screen

What can i do?

A:Games don't occupy full screen

Do you have it set to run fullscreen instead of windowed?

http://www.eightforums.com/gaming/17378-games-dont-occupy-full-screen.html
Relevancy 78.69%

I have a Toshiba laptop A205-S2000 with Windows Vista that just recently has stopped letting my games go into full screen mode. The game will be in the center of the screen (a lot similar to if you were to center a wallpaper on your computer) and the border is just black screen. I've tried uninstalling the games and then reinstalling them, turning the option from full screen to small screen and back again, restarting my computer but I'm still having the problem. Help!!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-get-games-to-go-into-full-screen-mode.873257/
Relevancy 78.69%

Games not workin in full screeni have reset the win & update/ reinstall AMD drivers many times from HP and AMD sites directlysame issueneed help plsss.................

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/AMD-games-not-working-on-full-screen/td-p/5738746
Relevancy 78.69%

My son has a PC & whenever he plays full screen games. A noise comes from his tower like a high pitched static noise & flickering lines appear on the screen. As soon as he minimises the game, it stops.

He has a Q9300 CPU, 4gig DDR3 & a HD6770 GPU.

Any suggestions to what it might be or how I could find out?

A:Problems with full screen games!

Is it Full Screen or Maximized? They are different. Sounds to me like the video adapter is being overworked or maybe it is loose in its slot, probably the PCIe X16. Could be the fan on the card is the issue?

http://www.tenforums.com/gaming/67767-problems-full-screen-games.html
Relevancy 78.69%

hey i just got a new widescreen laptop today (resolution: 1366x768) and when i play a game it only takes up like a perfect square of the screen. I would like to make it bigger, even stretch it if i have to. Even when i switch resolution to 1200x700 it still takes up just a square and leave 2 black spaces on either side. And there are no resolution settings inside the game... Can someone please help?

A:New laptop, and games are not using the full screen. please help!

um...you made the game into a window other than a widescreen?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/new-laptop-and-games-are-not-using-the-full-screen-please-help-499275.html
Relevancy 78.69%

I don't know what's wrong, but I haven't been able to play games such as the CoD 5, 6 and Crysis on full screen. Serious Sam HD works fine though. There would be audio but no video. They work fine in windowed mode. The strange thing is that they work fine on my brother's desktop, which is pretty the same as mine (same VGA and driver, etc) except the processor and that I'm using a monitor at 1280*720 resolution while he uses one at 1280*1024. Any idea?

A:I can't play games on full screen

I think that some games will only work on standard resolutions e.g. 800x600, 1024x768 or 1280x1024. So your resolution is a bit odd, try changing it and see if it works then.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-cant-play-games-on-full-screen.900956/
Relevancy 78.69%

When i run full screen games, one minute im playing the next its minimized to the task bar, it does it.. maybe every 5-10 minutes ,Any solution to what's causing it to minimize?

ive attached a dxdiag (ive hidden my name)

A:Full screen Games Keep Minimizing!

Perhaps it's a background application that is taking priority.

http://www.vistax64.com/gaming/260479-full-screen-games-keep-minimizing.html
Relevancy 78.69%

Recently, full screen games have been minimizing about every 1 to 2 minutes. I've tried everything I can, like disabling non windows related processes, disabling startup programs, uninstalling my printer software and other ambiguous software and doing a virus scan. Nothing has come to fruition. I'm not sure why it keeps minimizing though, anybody with a fix? Everything else is smooth, only games seem to be affected.

My specs are as follows:
Windows 8.1
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i1-4770 CPU @ 3.40Ghz
RAM: 8GB
System type: 64 bit OS and x64 based processor
Alienware x51 r2
GPU: GeForce GTX 760 Ti OEM
Driver Version: 355.82

A:Full Screen Games keep minimizing! (Need Help)

Hi, do you run your games through Steam? If so this link might help you out: https://steamcommunity.com/discussio...4475441724959/

http://www.eightforums.com/gaming/70701-full-screen-games-keep-minimizing-need-help.html
Relevancy 78.69%

I got a problom that only happens with full screen games, the game I play are: Final Fantasy XI, Warcraft3, and Counterstrike.

In all the games, my PC randomly minimizes them.

its so bad for FFXI, cus I just come back, but for wc3 and CS, it really pisses me off, cus it happens in them middle of games and I lose because it most of the time.

It only minizes full screen stuff, it never does it anything like taht for windows. Im pretty sure its not a popup becasue i have 2 firewalls and I run spybot and Ad-aware EVERYDAY, and it happens even when im offline.

I have windows XP, cable modem, connected through a router.

Please help me out

A:Full screen games problem, HELP!

the only time that I know that happens (with me anyways) if that you are connected the internet with a 3rd party program, like Earthlink has an icon on the bottom left. If you have that, close that and retry

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/full-screen-games-problem-help.267927/
Relevancy 78.69%

>i hav a Laptop compaq CQ-40 with ati graphic HD3450...1st time i format it..it's ok on the games...but when the second time i've formated it...the problems start to come...i dun know what really the problems...it wont go full screen...when i've adjust the resolution...it even dun make any changes...but worst...my desktop also turn box kind of screen with the black edges on the right and left...but also up and the right..i got see in the forum..got many people hav same problems as me..they have solved it...but it's only for nvdia...i need problems solved for Ati...Anyone plisss help...

A:My Games Not Displays full screen help!!!

Set the game's aspect ratio and resolution to what matches your screen.

If you can't do that in the game, then you're out of luck.

If you think it worked on Vista, it did not. It incorrectly stretched your screen out so it showed a square as a rectangle.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/45544-my-games-not-displays-full-screen-help.html
Relevancy 78.26%

I've recently re-installed Vista on a friends PC. Now it has wide black bars on both sides of the screen. How can I resolve this please.

Thank you for any help.

A:Black bars full screen

Have you installed the graphics driver for the system.

If so please provide the system specs.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/black-bars-full-screen-446961.html
Relevancy 78.26%

Hi

I have a strange problem with the Windows 7 themes. When I use F11 to make an explorer window (both ie and file explorer), the top menu bar (or maybe title bar) becomes black. This does not happen with Firefox or if I change the theme to Windows Classic or Windows 7 Basic. I've looked for help everywhere, but not been able to find any. This is really annoying! I'll attach a screen shot to visualize my problem. Has anybody else experienced this behaviour?

A:Black menu bar in full screen (Possible bug?)

Hello Decafoc, and welcome to Seven Forums.

This would be the Auto Hide option not being checked while in F11 full screen mode. The tutorial below can help show you how to check it so that the address & tool bars auto hides again for you.

Full Screen F11 - Enable or Disable Auto-Hide - Vista Forums

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/50290-black-menu-bar-full-screen-possible-bug.html
Relevancy 78.26%

Last week my laptop was almost empty I received Fan Black Full No Screen Battery a message within windows and I put in the charger I worked another hour and then shut down the laptop and let it on Black Screen Battery Full No Fan the charger the rest Black Screen Battery Full No Fan of the night to make sure it was full next morning nbsp The next nbsp morning when I tried to turn on the laptop I noticed the following - Laptop makes no sound no fan or ssd hdd Only the left led was blue no hdd led lighting up - Laptop goes on screen stays black and after seconds the laptop goes off nbsp In the past I had issues when the battery was entirely flat and I could not get the laptop turned on this behaviour looks different I tried the following nbsp turn on without battery and connected to charger again goes on no an goes off ater seconds turn on without memory no beeps removed battery RAM wait one hour hold power button for minutes try boot still same issue Put DOS bios flash on FAT format usb nbsp hold FN Escape boot laptop hope screen turns on and fash bios No luck still same error nbsp On the internet there are a lot of threads about similar issues I also read about a damaged vga cable But I normally shut down the laptop and closed the lid how could that damage the screen nbsp nbsp Anybody has some tips Unfortunately laptop is years old so no warranty left

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/Black-Screen-Battery-Full-No-Fan/td-p/451405
Relevancy 77.83%

Er.. I came to Windows 7 from XP after having spent very little time with Vista.

This Snipping tool thing seems o.k. if you need to take a screen shot of something on your desktop.. but will it work when you have a game open to full screen?

A:Snipping Tool 4 use in full screen games?

Hello,

I don't know. Try it and see! If the answer is no, you can always use the PrtScr button. Hit the key and paste into Paint, or a similar image editor.

Hope this helps,
~Jonathan

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/53555-snipping-tool-4-use-full-screen-games.html
Relevancy 77.83%

Somehow i got a problem on my Pc which does, if i play games or watch movies on the pc. it will minimize the program or pop out of the full screen mode randomly.

Its very annoying.

I tried to disable all the programs i could that is running in the background. But i got no idea what to do from now on, I run Adaware & AVG. Using ATI Drivers.

Anyone who can help?. If i can't find a solution, I guess i need to format the PC and reinstall again, But i really would prefer not to.

Regards Christian

A:Games / Videos in full screen problem

Are there no one who knows about this issue?. can it be graphic driver related?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/games-videos-in-full-screen-problem.882245/
Relevancy 77.83%

ok sometimes back i was happily playing games in my vista os, but i don't know what happened but now i am not able to play any game in fullscreen. i do increase the resolution , and it does help sometimes but what about the games which do not support my computers resolution. so, exactly the problem is my games are not running in fullscreen, how could i do that. plz don't tell me to increase resolution

A:not able to play games in full screen in vista

The game's generally have a fullscreen option..I've had it happen with Vista also but I just, maximized it or checked fullscreen.

What game(s) are you playing?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/not-able-to-play-games-in-full-screen-in-vista.740260/
Relevancy 77.83%

I recently installed a new Graphics Card. Nvidea GeForce N560gtx-Ti.

1280-720 is the recommended screen resolution. When I have it set to that, my screen doesn't fit my monitor (I'm using my 32-inch tv). It looks like my screen is zoomed in a bit. I changed the resolution to fit my tv so everything non-game related fits the screen perfectly. Newer games also fit the screen perfectly.

However, when I play Diablo 2 or another older game, my screen is zoomed in again. I changed some settings and the games fit the screen perfectly. I installed a Windows update and after that the games no longer fit the screen. I gave it my all to figure this out but I can't find a way to get everything to work again.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I'm probably missing some information that might be needed to help, so don't hesitate to ask.

Thanks in advanced.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/older-full-screen-games-zoom-in-651288.html
Relevancy 77.83%

Everytime I try to load them my computer restarts, it had been formatted today and I have service pack 2 installed...

Relevancy 77.83%

I have played games in full screen in my PC in Windows 7 Pro 64 bit But now that I have upgraded to Windows 10 64 Bit, I can not play games in full screen. I don't know what's the problem. I have installed graphics driver downloaded from hp official website. If anyone know how to fix this please let me know.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Windows-10-can-not-play-games-in-full-Screen-What-is-the/td-p/5631395
Relevancy 77.83%

Whenever I exit full screen games, I get a BSOD. It happens every time.

I'm able to run full screen games perfectly fine. I just can't exit them without getting a BSOD. This issue has been going on for awhile. I've tolerated it but now I really want to fix it.

I'm running triple monitors at 2560x1440 each.

I have no other issues on my PC. No other crashes or performance issues. Only a consistent BSOD when exiting/closing full screen games.

Video Card: GTX Titan video card. <- latest drivers
Motherboard: ASUS Rampage IV Extreme

Relevancy 77.83%

I seem to have a common problem Full on Vista screen minimize games here I have this Full screen games minimize on Vista little program that pops up from time to and minimizes whatever game Full screen games minimize on Vista I m playing very annoying seems to do it more at night I believe it s an auto-update program but it seems to run in dos mode then disappears ran a scan with Lavasoft s ad aware and Spybot S amp D as well as the new AVG Here is my Hijack this log file there are one or two registry entries that don t really seem to be anything so not sure Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot Full screen games minimize on Vista mode Normal Running processes C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows System mobsync exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Windows vVX exe C Program Files HP hpcoretech hpcmpmgr exe C Windows System hphmon exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Program Files Razer DeathAdder razerhid exe C Windows WindowsMobile wmdc exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat Acrotray exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static MOM exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update hpwuSchd exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgtray exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Plaxo PlaxoHelper en exe C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Program Files Razer DeathAdder razertra exe C Program Files Razer DeathAdder razerofa exe C Program Files Razer Barracuda AC- Gaming Audio Card CustomAPP RAZER BARRACUDA AC- GAMING AUDIO CARD EXE C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static CCC exe c windows system hpsysdrv exe C Program Files MySpace IM MySpaceIM exe C Program Files MySpace IM MySpaceIM exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C PROGRA MOZILL FIREFOX EXE C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http www comcast net toolbar search R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant http www comcast net toolbar search R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO no name - D -C F - EFB- B - ECA - no file O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Skype add-on mastermind - BF B-C D - d - A -A F BA C - C Program Files Skype Toolbars Internet Explorer SkypeIEPlugin dll O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll O - BHO Comcast Toolbar - E BD F- B D- E- BE-BE DF D AE - C PROGRA COMCAS COMCAS DLL O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO AVG Security Toolbar - A A ... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/full-screen-games-minimize-on-vista.713915/
Relevancy 77.83%

I have installed my Big Fish games my Dell Studio 1737 Laptop. My resolution is set at 1920 x 1200; however, when the games start up they only open at a resolution of 1024 x 768. All of the games do this. I have tried changing my resolution to all the options I have and none of them work. The games will not open to the full 1920 x 1200 or anything greater than 1024 x 768.

These games work fine on my desktop.

Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Thank you.

A:Games won't open to full screen resolution

Well for one your using a kinda old laptop.
2 if your using vista it could be the problem but as long as the game works,
who cares.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/games-wont-open-to-full-screen-resolution.1055675/
Relevancy 77.83%

I have Windows 8.1 and a gaming laptop, but I still cant play games on full screen. For example Call Of Duty World At War; I can open the launcher or whatever it is and the game starts just fine. BUT, when it goes to full screen mode it just goes down and I cant open it anymore.This happens with every game I try to play on full screen. And games like Cod, they don't have the graphics options in the launcher so I cant do anything about it... I tried to look for some kind of option to allow full screen programs, but haven't found anything useful. Please help! Its kinda hard to explain and my English skills are not that good but still... hope you understand and can help me, I would really appreciate it!

A:I cant play any full screen games on Windows 8.1

Click

Click

Click

Maybe it will help you a bit.

http://www.eightforums.com/gaming/50497-i-cant-play-any-full-screen-games-windows-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 77.83%

Hi all.I run win 7 sp1 on dell inspiron 1520.Wenn i open some programs or games, there are two black parts at the right and the left of the screen.I have also uptated all my drivers using widows update and also drivers genius professional.wenn i was running xp, there wasn t this problem.here are the screen shots.Thakns !

A:There is no full screen while running some programs or games.

Hi mj2000 -Just right click on a vacant area of the screen and on my Toshiba laptop I click on Resolution, then lift the bar to the highest setting =xxxx X xxx (Reccomended) -Yours may not be exactly the same (depends on screen size etc), but just use this function to check if you are at your best Resolution setting -Regards - EDIT - Quote from reviewers -the laptop's 15.4-inch wide-screen display can be configured with a sharp 1,440x900 or even sharper 1,920x1,200 native resolution -See which one suits yours better -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/426311/there-is-no-full-screen-while-running-some-programs-or-games/
Relevancy 77.83%

Hello,

Kindly advise me on how to run my games in full screen mode in vista home premium. Have already tried xp compatability mode and diable visual themes but wouldn't work.

My current res. is set to 1280x800. Its a toshiba notebook 2gb ram dual core integrated graphics 325 mb.

If I manually change the res. to match that of a games for example I changed NFS under ground video to 1024x800 and I apply the same res. to the notebook. the game runs fine in full screen. the same with other games except that I have to change to 800x600 and other games also run fine.

I havn't tried updating the video drivers due to no internet connectivity since 2 months.
please tell me a work around.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-vista-and-full-screen-games.822183/
Relevancy 77.83%

I saw a few tutorials on downloading 3rd party programs just to cover it, but the more recent comments indicate that they're no longer valid. So any new work around to this?Btw, I'm not looking for autohide the taskbar. I just want it gone when I'm on full screen. Here's a screnshot of my game and the taskbar, if you don't know exactly what I mean. As you can see, despite the game being a full screen that dreaded taskbar sticks around to bug me.

A:Windows 7 taskbar still seen on full screen games!

You will want to make sure that its set to Not to be Always on Top.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/357087/windows-7-taskbar-still-seen-on-full-screen-games/
Relevancy 77.83%

Okay, I'm sorry if that title is a little vague but this is a really bizarre problem I've been having since I changed to Win8 and I can't really find anything on it.

So here's the deal, I use tweetdeck a lot, a twitter client for the desktop that notifies you of new tweets and such with a little pop-up screen. When I was using 7, I had no issue with it, but ever since I changed to 8, every time I'm playing a game in fullscreen and one of these little windows pop up, the screen flickers and then goes back to the game, as if I had alt-tabbed away from it.

I'm certain this would happen with other programs that make windows pop up, but I don't use any others, so I can't say for certain.

Is there anything I could do (besides the obvious of closing the program in question, that is) to fix this?

A:Full-screen games having issues when windows pop up

Hi Pheleos and welcome to the forum! First thing is why haven't you updated to 8.1? Don't know if it will fix your problem but at least you'll have the newest OS.

I've never run a pop-up program when gaming so forgive my ignorance. The obvious question I guess is do you have the latest graphics drivers installed? Taking a jab here but could anti-virus have anything to do with it?

Maybe someone with more experience on the subject will jump in.

http://www.eightforums.com/gaming/46892-full-screen-games-having-issues-when-windows-pop-up.html
Relevancy 77.83%

Hi All
I used Lenovo Z50-70, Model Name-20354. But when i want to play games it cannot play with full screen. i get black bars on each side of the screen.. its very irritating.. please help.. And this problem happened after I upgrade my laptop to Windows 10. Every game have same problem. If u want to check the specifications of my pc plz visit here the link is given below:-
http://m.snapdeal.com/product/lenovo-z5070-59428433-laptop-4th/1375058950

And i will post a pic what i faced while playing games Plz Plz help me regarding this problem...

Relevancy 77.83%

I never Seen this before, any Full Screen game I try to start just sit in the task manager build up more memory every sec and does not start the game. I have no Idea where to start to fix this.

I tryed reinstalling the video drivers and running 2 PC Fix/repair Programs register cleaners and same problem. I disabled all none windows services and startup programs still no change to the problem.

Anyone have any ideas?

P.S When I registered I put my PC info in I hope your able to view it, if not heres the basics:

Dell Inspiron 530
Intel Core2 Duo E7400 2.8GHz
6 GB RAM
Vista X64

I think it may be this
in the intel's info box it says CRT when Its a LCD not sure if this is relevant

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Thanks,

A:Problem With Full Screen Games Not loading

Originally Posted by Brian110

I never Seen this before, any Full Screen game I try to start just sit in the task manager build up more memory every sec and does not start the game. I have no Idea where to start to fix this.

I tryed reinstalling the video drivers and running 2 PC Fix/repair Programs register cleaners and same problem. I disabled all none windows services and startup programs still no change to the problem.

Anyone have any ideas?

P.S When I registered I put my PC info in I hope your able to view it, if not heres the basics:

Dell Inspiron 530
Intel Core2 Duo E7400 2.8GHz
6 GB RAM
Vista X64

I think it may be this
in the intel's info box it says CRT when Its a LCD not sure if this is relevant

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Thanks,

off of that information, it says your monitor is a generic plug and play monitor with an analog connection (VGA), when you start a game, can you see anything in the taskbar at the bottom or does nothing start at all?

http://www.vistax64.com/gaming/289348-problem-full-screen-games-not-loading.html
Relevancy 77.83%

It is a BSOD crash, however the screen just goes black until restart rather than the bsod screen. Not sure why. See atatched, thanks in advance for your help. Sorry I could not give much info; hopefully DM Logs give more.

A:BSOD while playing full-screen games

First and foremost you need to update to Service Pack 1 via Windows Updates.

Code:
Host Name: MEDIA1
OS Name: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
OS Version: 6.1.7600 N/A Build 7600
OS Manufacturer: Microsoft Corporation
OS Configuration: Standalone Workstation
OS Build Type: Multiprocessor Free
Registered Owner: Travis
Registered Organization:
Product ID: 00359-112-0000007-85509
Original Install Date: 6/27/2014, 2:39:09 AM
System Boot Time: 6/28/2014, 2:15:39 PM
System Manufacturer: To Be Filled By O.E.M.
System Model: To Be Filled By O.E.M.
System Type: x64-based PC
Processor(s): 1 Processor(s) Installed.
[01]: AMD64 Family 21 Model 1 Stepping 2 AuthenticAMD ~3300 Mhz
BIOS Version: American Megatrends Inc. P1.40, 10/2/2013
Report back after the successful update.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/336179-bsod-while-playing-full-screen-games.html
Relevancy 77.83%

How do you load a game that normally goes full screen into just a window? Thanks.

A:Opening Games in Windows, not Full Screen

Hitting alt + enter will generally switch most games from full screen to windowed mode and vice versa.
Some games have it in the options to run full screen or not.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/opening-games-in-windows-not-full-screen.204272/
Relevancy 77.83%

I'm having a serious problem when trying to watch videos in full scream. When in full screen, the videos get slow, lagging in various scenes, sometimes with cuts in the audio too.

My config is Sempron 2600+, 1.5gb ram and Geforce 5500 256MB 128 bits. Display 22", 1680x1050 resolution. I'm using nvidia beta driver for Windows 7 (it seems to be the same driver used for Windows Vista, don't know).

I tried lots of codecs and players, nothing works. Windows Media Player and Media Player classic are working almost perfectly than any other players, but I really hate WMP.

I tried to change the settings in nVidia Control Panel, but I can't find the nvidia control panel, it's not in the right button menu.

I installed the game Marvel Ultimate Alliance and it's slow too, but I have all the requirements to play it smoothly.

I'm using build 7600.

How can I solve this?

A:Full screen videos and games lagging

If you are still using the Win 7 default display drivers you might want to look in the Nvidia driver page for updated drivers for your system.

The default Win7 Nvidia drivers do not install the Nvidia control panel.
Look here for your drivers. Drivers - Download NVIDIA Drivers

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/19237-full-screen-videos-games-lagging.html
Relevancy 77.83%

just tell me If this is possible and in and Full Play now To How Games here monopoly Screen? if so how The game already opens In full screen But my laptop Is Wide screen which makes it display large black bars on both sides while the game just sits as a square in the middle Its playable but It is extremely annoying Why have such a great screen display if i can t use it Of course the game s options are horrible its music volume and sound fx volume that s it lol The true question is is there some little tweak that i can do such as open the file location and modify some values that will change the display settings I believe it may be possible because when I first bought the computer the game displayed in widescreen with no black bars and it was beautiful but I had installed an older version that doesn t now that I went back to this one It displays small like the old one did Ps Don t tell me system restore I tried nothing changed Please answer the true question Is there some settings that I can alter which will make it change windows home premium nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-play-games-in-full-screen-monopoly-here-and-now.906200/
Relevancy 77.83%

I'm new here, but here it goes. Every time I play a full screen game, ex: Counter-Strike, and when it's not in the native resolution of my primary monitor, everything on my second monitor is moved to different places. All minimized windows and everything that is not maximized to the entire desktop and every widget from yahoo widgets are moved to my primary monitor in the middle. If anybody knows how to fix this problem, it would be greatly appreciated.

A:Full Screen Games With Dual Monitors

are you using a multi monitor program such as multimon?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/full-screen-games-with-dual-monitors.582784/
Relevancy 77.83%

I am running Windows XP SP2 and every time I try and play a full screen game it plays for a few seconds then it kicks me out to the desk top. I used to be able to play these games and I have no idea what might have changed to cause this. I will say that I always have American Online running in the background as well as AIM, and Weather Bug. Any advice would be greatly appriciated.

A:Problem playing full screen games

what are your system specs (specifically your vidoe card?)

what games are you playing? (if they are old, a high resolution/ 32-color mode may not be supported)

what is your desktop resolution?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-playing-full-screen-games.322671/
Relevancy 77.83%

Hi there,

So I finally got my gaming computer set up (mostly, it still has a fairly old GPU, but it does the job), however due to some issues, I had to reinstall Windows. Since I had to do that, the full-screen games that I've tried (League of Legends, DotA 2) have been randomly freezing (as in, I can still move my mouse cursor, but the game itself freezes. It won't allow me to Alt-Tab out or Ctrl-Alt-Del until the freeze ends).

These freezes last anywhere from 5 seconds to a minute at times, and have been in intervals of anywhere between 5 minutes and 5 seconds (that was fun, as you'd imagine). My brother (he's the knowledgeable one on computers) suggested updating graphics drivers, but when that didn't fix it, he said he didn't have a clue.

Hopefully you guys can help. Thanks in advance :)

A:Full-screen games randomly freezing

DxDiag file in this post, so you can see my hardware and stuff. Figure it might help.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/full-screen-games-randomly-freezing-693519.html
Relevancy 77.83%

Hi,

I have a problem with my laptop. Sometimes while running a full screen program (no specific program caused the error) a BSOD would occur.
My Hardware:
Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU M 540 @ 2.53GHz (4 CPUs), ~2.5GHz
(Vista) ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5730
(for more specific hardware information please check the dxdiag.txt I've attached)
OS: Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.110622-1506)
I've never re-installed the OS and it came pre-installed in the laptop.

Thanks for your help.

A:BSOD mostly while playing full screen games

Hi,

Multiple different errors and bugchecks, software related errors but there's also a mention of memory corruption in there, so I'll want you to run a Memtest just to be sure. Since you mentioned you're BSOD'ing in Full Screen games, I'd recommend uninstalling and reinstalling your graphics card drivers to ensure this is not software related as far as graphics drivers go.

Few drivers mentioned as faults:

Netw564.sys was mentioned in a dump as a cause (Intel Wireless WiFi Link Driver). Update here to be sure.

usbvideo.sys was also mentioned, but I believe something is driving that to fault.

Quote:
Do these to clear corruption and repair/replace damaged/missing system files. Start - type in Search box - COMMAND find at top of list - RIGHT CLICK - RUN AS ADMIN

sfc /scannow

Out of date driver(s) that need to be updated:

Quote:
RimSerial_AMD64.sys - Mon Nov 24 12:01:01 2008 (Virtual Serial Port driver for Blackberry). Update here.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/215636-bsod-mostly-while-playing-full-screen-games.html
Relevancy 77.83%

I have Windows XP and had a quick question.

Is there any way to play a full-screen game (like Sim City) in a window instead of in its default full-screen setting? I want to be able to play the game and have access to my computer desktop as well, so that I can use AIM, browse the web, check e-mail, etc. I remember being able to do this on an older system by installing a utility, but I forgot what it was called and don't even know if it would work with XP.

Any ideas?

Relevancy 77.83%

Hi,
I have a laptop with WinXP SP2. Recently, while I am watching something on Media player or Real or while I am playing a game, my computer suddenly exits from the full screen mode. Games minimize to the desktop. I can easily return, but it is annoying. I checked my screensaver and power options. There is no problem there. Does anyone know this issue? Thanks.

Burcu

A:sudden exit from full screen and games

hey bucaray,

the problem could be a driver issue. list out your hardware specs and ill see what i can do to help you out more. also it wont hurt for you to scan your system for any viruses, spywares, and malwares. have you upgraded your videocard drivers recently?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/sudden-exit-from-full-screen-and-games-49881.html
Relevancy 77.83%

Hi all.

I run win 7 sp1 on dell inspiron 1520.

Wenn i open some programs or games, there are two black parts at the right and the left of the screen.

I have also uptated all my drivers using widows update and also drivers genius professional.

wenn i was running xp, there wasn t this problem.

here are the screen shots.

Thakns !

A:There is no full screen while running some programs or games.

There may be a setting in your video drivers to allow a lower resolution to stretch to fill the whole screen.

As a side note, I don't trust third-party apps to handle my drivers updates...not when they are simple to do yourself, to make sure they are installed properly.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/195444-there-no-full-screen-while-running-some-programs-games.html
Relevancy 77.83%

Help me!

Opening my games is not a problem at all, It's not minimizing at first, but when I plug in my headphones this pops up:

"And then I'll check Headphone and then click OK"

But when I open up my games again, it keeps minimizing!
It's so frustrating

I have to restart my PC to remove the minimizing thing.

Please help me! Is there any ways to play games without minimizing while I have a device connected to my PC?

http://www.tenforums.com/gaming/54079-my-games-full-screen-minimizes-itself-whenever-i-open.html
Relevancy 77.83%

I have a problem running full-screen applications. If I start a program that runs in full screen mode, all I can see is the cursor. If I run the same app in windowed mode, everything is ok, but once I switch it to full screen, it goes black and all that is visible is the cursor. It's strange because I move the cursor over the location of something that would cause it to change (into a different cursor), it does change, so it's detecting the apps actual working somehow. So basically, it's all there and running, just not displaying right. Anyone know how to fix this?

A:Problem with full screen apps/games

try adjusting ur resolution to a lower 1. like if it's 1024x768, change it to 800x600 and so on.. if not, try installing the proper driver for ur display card.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/problem-with-full-screen-apps-games.333344/
Relevancy 77.4%

Hey everyone,

When playing online based games like Guild Wars 2, Starcraft 2 or Firefall I will recieve a black screen with full power being turned off (no fans / lights on). Have attempted to fix via updating all drivers (GPU, BIOS, full windows update). Thought it was the router and directly connected into the modem, still occured.

Windows 7 64bit (Build 7601) SP1 I believe
Gigabyte Motherboard GA-970A-D3
AMD FX 6100 6 core (3.3 ghz no OC)
AMD Radeon HD 6850 (no OC)
Ripjaw 4x8gb (32 gb total ram)
700 watt
Directx 11

... why am I doing this... attached is a speccy profile ran at the request of ANET. I have been working with them but it feels as if they are having me go in circles. The file was ran with GW2 open and running for ~ 5 minutes.

A:[SOLVED] Black screen w/ full power off

So, it doesn't feel like we're sending you in circles to, could you point out some of the things they have had you do?

The symptom sounds like the system is overheating.

Can you download HWmonitor run it and take snapshots while the system is at idle and when playing games

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-black-screen-w-full-power-off-694401.html
Relevancy 77.4%

I searched a little in google and found this forum. I also found out that I have the exact opposite problem of this guy: http://www.techsupportforum.com/f59/solved-how-to-get-windows-to-display-black-borders-for-low-res-fullscreen-programs-480064.html

Where can I find these options in Vista?
I have played the same games in Windows XP, but XP seems to adjust the resolution of the screen to fit the game so I can play it in full screen instead of playing them surrounded by a black box.

Display card: Intel 965 Chipset Family

Any help is welcome.

Thank you in advance.

A:How to go from black border to full screen mode

Right click on desktop -> Resolution.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/how-to-go-from-black-border-to-full-screen-mode-483968.html
Relevancy 77.4%

Hello I am sorry posting another Full Black Boot Screen Windows XP. on thread of this but I couldn t find the problem Well anyways here s my quick story Pretty much I am able to restart my computer without problems but when I Windows XP. Full Black Screen on Boot shut down my computer and turn it on this problem occurs I just get a black screen or the windows loading screen sometimes then it just goes completely black and I can hear the quot load up quot sound and everything and sometimes a moveable mouse but it s all black To fix it usually I have to shut down restart about Windows XP. Full Black Screen on Boot - times and maybe it works So yeah I can use my computer to check things if needed I know it s a hardware problem I just want to get a opinion on what problem it can most likely be Well thanks for reading I hope to get this fix asap Windows Xp Service Pack MB Ram Ati Radeon x Pro Series Pci Express getting it upgraded soon nbsp

A:Windows XP. Full Black Screen on Boot

Try pulling back where you unplug all usb devices, all drives except for 1 hard drive, take out all but 1 ram stick and remove all pci cards and see if you can boot. If so, then start adding back until; you find the culprit.
The other thing to do would be to go to "Run, msconfig,OK, Startup and uncheck everything and hit apply and reboot. The only thing you need in there is antivirus running in the background incidentally.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-full-black-screen-on-boot.531176/
Relevancy 77.4%

Hi All,

I've had this problem for several months on my XP Pro SP1 machine.

Certain processes ( saving in my development IDE, Sometimes when new program are installed, when my virus program is automatically updated { Trend Micro Internet Security } & many more ) don't happen in the background like they should. I get a black screen for 3-10 seconds ( depending on what it is being done ! ). It's only an annoyance, but one I would like to fix. I'm sure it's just a registry entry & probably something to do with the command processor, but not sure. Every few weeks I drop this question into a different newsgroup or forum hoping someone knows what is causing this )

cheers, Dave Porter
DJ Software,
Perth, Western Australia.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/full-black-screen-when-certain-tasks-happen.237841/
Relevancy 77.4%

I have an Advent qrc430 which was infected with a hybris virus. All files were backed up and we then decided to do a full destructive recovery. It took us a few times to get the recovery to work properly because a specific file wouldn't transfer. We got it to do the recovery and we thought everything was going to work.

However, the laptop loads past the microsoft corporation screen and then it goes black with a mouse arrow. I really want to know what to do as I want this laptop back because we cannot afford a new one.

Any help would be appreciated.

A:Black screen after full destructive recovery

On the last attempt to do a full recovery, did the CD/DVD read correctly?

Or are you doing a full recovery from the Recovery hard disk partition?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/black-screen-after-full-destructive-recovery.151336/
Relevancy 76.97%

A friend referred me to post my SF Diagnostic Tool results in the forum here.

I'm not sure what other pertinent information is necessary to include other than the zip file that is attached. Please let me know if there is anything else to include.

I appreciate any/all the help that will come.

A:BSOD While playing CS:GO/Tabbed out of Full Screen Games

You have several different causes for the crashes:

SteelSeries Bus Enumerator
fffff801`844a0000 fffff801`844c7000 SteelBus64 Wed Oct 30 17:15:33 2013 (527130A5)
Update this driver.

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 770
fffff800`ddeb3000 fffff800`deb17000 nvlddmkm Tue May 20 01:08:44 2014 (537A8EFC)
This is the latest driver so either roll back to a older version or wait for a new driver to be released.

Kaspersky Network Filtering Component
fffff800`9ceb2000 fffff800`9cec5000 klwfp Wed Feb 05 14:33:44 2014 (52F23DB8)
Uninstall Kaspersky Antivirus with the Removal tool.

Realtek High Definition Audio
fffff801`e501e000 fffff801`e5388c80 RTKVHD64 Wed Aug 21 06:48:22 2013 (52144696)
Update this driver.

You also have several 0x124 bugchecks (Windows Hardware Errors):

Section 0 : Processor Generic
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Descriptor @ ffffe00013ad60a8
Section @ ffffe00013ad6180
Offset : 344
Length : 192
Flags : 0x00000001 Primary
Severity : Fatal

Proc. Type : x86/x64
Instr. Set : x64
Error Type : Cache error
===============================================================================
Section 2 : x86/x64 MCA
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Descriptor @ ffffe00013ad6138
Section @ ffffe00013ad62c0
Offset : 664
Length : 264
Flags : 0x00000000
Severity : Fatal

Error : DCACHEL0_WR_ERR (Proc 7 Bank 1)
Address : 0x00000002ae5f6200
Misc. : 0x0000000000000086
BiosReleaseDate = 10/29/2013
Check your CPU temperature and update your BIOS.

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/48391-bsod-while-playing-cs-go-tabbed-out-full-screen-games.html
Relevancy 76.97%

I'll be in a game, and press caps. The window will minimize. This has never happened before.

Also, when I click my cursor into a bar to type, then press caps, the blinking cursor thing goes away, and I must re click into the bar to continue typing.
Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

Relevancy 76.97%

Hi guys, I have followed the instructions and here are the files requested.

This crash first started when I was playing League of Legends. since then, everytime I open a game at full screen mode, it crashes after 1 minute and 50 seconds. I already reinstalled League of Legends and also, updated my graphic drivers, but still, nothing changed.

The dump files are attached.
Thanks!

A:BSOD. Crash while games are at full screen mode.

The couple of latest drivers by nvidia are buggy as we experienced.

Install the NVIDIA DRIVERS 314.22WHQL only. It works with GT530.
Uninstall All nvidia items in Control Panel > Programs and features3D Vision Control Driver
3D Vision Driver
Graphics Driver
HD Audio Driver
PhysX
nvidia Update
(Are you using nvidia chipset drivers? If so, dont uninstall anything other than those are listed).
Now follow Drivers - Clean Left over Files after Uninstalling
Boot normally now. Go to Drivers - Download NVIDIA Drivers, Download 314.22 WHQL. While installing, Select Custom (Advanced) install. In the next page, follow this settings:
Stress test the Graphics Card using Furmark.
Video Card - Stress Test with Furmark
Let us know the results.

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 116, {fffffa80096f14e0, fffff88005143700, ffffffffc000009a, 4}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+8ed700 )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

3: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (116)
Attempt to reset the display driver and recover from timeout failed.
Arguments:
Arg1: fffffa80096f14e0, Optional pointer to internal TDR recovery context (TDR_RECOVERY_CONTEXT).
Arg2: fffff88005143700, The pointer into responsible device driver module (e.g. owner tag).
Arg3: ffffffffc000009a, Optional error code (NTSTATUS) of the last failed operation.
Arg4: 0000000000000004, Optional internal context dependent data.

Debugging Details:
------------------
FAULTING_IP:
nvlddmkm+8ed700
fffff880`05143700 4055 push rbp

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: GRAPHICS_DRIVER_TDR_FAULT

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x116

PROCESS_NAME: System

CURRENT_IRQL: 0

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`07fe6a48 fffff880`02d2e054 : 00000000`00000116 fffffa80`096f14e0 fffff880`05143700 ffffffff`c000009a : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`07fe6a50 fffff880`02d01867 : fffff880`05143700 fffffa80`07005000 00000000`00000000 ffffffff`c000009a : dxgkrnl!TdrBugcheckOnTimeout+0xec
fffff880`07fe6a90 fffff880`02d2de63 : 00000000`ffffd84d ffffffff`fffe7960 fffffa80`096f14e0 fffff880`0537ff3c : dxgkrnl!DXGADAPTER::Reset+0x2a3
fffff880`07fe6b40 fffff880`0538003d : fffffa80`0583b410 00000000`00000080 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`06376410 : dxgkrnl!TdrResetFromTimeout+0x23
fffff880`07fe6bc0 fffff800`03561bae : fffffa80`05cc05b0 fffffa80`07c57040 fffffa80`051eb040 00000000`00000000 : dxgmms1!VidSchiWorkerThread+0x101
fffff880`07fe6c00 fffff800`032b48c6 : fffff800`0343ee80 fffffa80`07c57040 fffffa80`062cbb50 00000000`00000246 : nt!PspSystemThreadStartup+0x5a
fffff880`07fe6c40 00000000`00000000 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KxStartSystemThread+0x16
STACK_COMMAND: .bugcheck ; kb

FOLLOWUP_IP:
nvlddmkm+8ed700
fffff880`05143700 4055 push rbp

SYMBOL_NAME: nvlddmkm+8ed700

FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: nvlddmkm

IMAGE_N... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/305014-bsod-crash-while-games-full-screen-mode.html
Relevancy 76.97%

Cant explain so I took a pic At the time I was playing Battlefield and alt Tabbed out to check my screen Some D: full games and this make apps happen... email then BAM - half way through reading my email it happened Another time I had just closed Batman Arkham City you get the idea Never actually happened DURING a game Tried a clean install of windows - still does it Also The following programs cause a lot of lag when opening and closing Adobe Photoshop Autodesk Maya Autodesk Mudbox Thanks if anyone can help me with this one - lost on me The newest addition is my Radeon HD gfx card Rest of my quot rig quot AMD Athlon II Ghz x Processor GB DDR RAM W PSU EDIT forgot to mention after quot Restarting quot it hangs on a black screen right after the windows logo disappears and the login screen should appear - I'm forced to do a hard restart at this point which always works but I should have to don't want to do that D

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/some-full-screen-apps-and-games-make-this-happen-d-741001.html
Relevancy 76.97%

Random Freezing Problem in Full Screen Games Okay so I've searched and searched and I can't find a forum ANYWHERE that google can see with Freezing Screen Random Problem Full in Games my particular problem It's a strange one so try to bear with me I can only describe what Random Freezing Problem in Full Screen Games happens as a computer brain shart First off I have Windows x Ultimate Edition I'm running a Pentium D GHz and GB of DDR on a Foxconn g ma- ekrsh motherboard My video card is an Random Freezing Problem in Full Screen Games ATI Mobility Radeon HD PCI-E x Now if I'm just messing around on the desktop using pandora widget surfing the web using Word etc then the computer runs just fine no problems at all usually This remains the case when I'm playing a full screen game and I alt-tabbed to my desktop to check something on the internet or change the song or whatever A couple times the desktop has frozen for about seconds then come back for about second then frozen for seconds then come back blah blah blah This cycle usually ends in a blue screen which I can't get an image of because I don't know how to MAKE the computer blue screen UNLESS I alt-tab back to the game quick enough and then it just goes through its regular error that I've described below EDIT When the computer BSoD's it only shows that screen for about seconds then the computer restarts itself But now onto the real issue which I believe is causing the blue screen anyway When I'm playing a game really ANY full screen game at random times while playing the screen will freeze then change to all one color then the monitor will restart and the game will continue The whole error usually lasts about - seconds During this time the music from my pandora widget doesn't change at all it keeps playing without a hitch Also when this happens on Starcraft II it seems that it gives other players that 'Waiting for player ' dialog and after a minute of total time stuck in the frozen computer error they are able to drop me from the game This makes me think that it's not just a video card error because if it was the game would continue unabated while my screen froze and it would just look like I stepped away from my computer for a few seconds and then came back It happens in WoW as well but I never get DC'd because of it Also sometimes it will do its normal thing where I'm running along the screen freezes monitor resets and BAM I'm right back where I was when the error started However sometimes I will be farther forward than I was when the freeze happened It also happens in Portal AND Portal with graphics set to low medium and high The graphics don't seem to make a difference for when this happens another reason I don't think the problem is solely the video card With Portal sometimes the screen will do its normal freeze during which time the sound from the game will loop about half a second of audio over and over and over until the game comes back and sometimes it will just straight up crash to the desktop No error message nothing just game then BAM desktop By the way it's not JUST in full screen that this happens It will happen albeit less often in windowed mode as well EDIT Oddly enough the problem NEVER happens in League of Legends Don't know if that's useful information but it's certainly noteworthy Every once in a while if I alt-tab right before the computer was going to have a brain shart then the error will continue on the desktop as I described int he first part ending in a blue screen Again I think the problem is actually with the whole system somehow and not just the video card because of the fact that it shows up to others as lag Any help or advice of how to go about fixing this would be greatly appreciated I would just upgrade the damn box because this didn't happen on my old more powerful build -- but it got stolen so I was forced to go with very inexpensive parts Thanks and I'll check back periodically today to see if anyone needs more information Oh something wort... Read more

A:Random Freezing Problem in Full Screen Games

Have you looked at this:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ta-452654.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/random-freezing-problem-in-full-screen-games-569405.html
Relevancy 76.97%

Its been like this for awhile and im just plain out annoyed. When ever playing full screen games and I either close the game or minimize it, I get a 0x3b BSOD.

What it is not:

Hardware related:

I have changed out my GPU, ram, etc nothing seems to work.

attached is the files from the bsod program

Attachment 336756

A:0x3b Bsods when playing full screen games

Hello,

Code:
OS Version: 6.1.7600 N/A Build 7600
You're missing Service Pack 1, highly suggested that you install this as it secures the PC and fixes a whole lot of problems.
You can download through either Windows Update, or download from here Download Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2 Service Pack 1 (KB976932) from Official Microsoft Download Center

This could be the main cause of the BSOD, but here's some suggestions:

Code:
dtsoftbus01.sys Fri Feb 21 03:49:36 2014 (53072130)
This driver belongs to Daemon Tools, known problem with Windows. Please uninstall.
On a side note:

Having a cracked version of Windows can also cause some errors. I highly suggest you purchase a legit version, and work from there also.

Code:
Win 7,Ultimate,Lenovo 2,XXXXX-OEM-8992662-00497

Code:
Product ID: 00426-OEM-8992662-00497
Original Install Date: 6/24/2014, 11:19:53 AM
System Boot Time: 10/14/2014, 11:12:48 PM
System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
-Justin

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/348880-0x3b-bsods-when-playing-full-screen-games.html
Relevancy 76.97%

So I've been through a lot fixing my computer after upgrading to windows Never upgrading again this has cause way more problems than a clean install would have Anyway First problem I had was that skype all of a sudden didn't like my sound driver A friend of mine changed the driver everything seems to be fine now no crashes or anything I mention that only because W7 Screen Games After High in Upgrade? Ping Full whenever skype crashed anything fullscreen would crash upon opening so I had thought it was related High Ping in Full Screen Games After W7 Upgrade? to sound when I noticed an extremely high amount of latency in every full screen game I played after fixing the skype issue specifically Counter Strike Source and Battlefield High Ping in Full Screen Games After W7 Upgrade? Bad Company I recognize CSS has had a lot of issues with Windows but BC came out after W And all my friends seem to have both of these games working just fine on their computers running W So I'm not sure what's wrong I've tried a couple of things Disabled sound card drivers Wasn't the problem Used task manager and resource monitor to see if there was anything that could be slowing my internet And I found that ashWebSv exe essential part of Avast Anti-Virus had instances in the TCP Connections part of resource monitor This ONLY happens after playing a game or at least it appears so prior to starting up a fullscreen online game there is only one instance of this at least as far as I can tell Also noted that hl exe was using up of my cpu I've specifically been looking into CSS because the ping issue is more noticeable and easier to detect than BC Been searching all over the internet for people with a similar issue haven't found anything posted on separate forums nothing Finally came here because I remembered how helpful this place was last time I had a problem gt gt Updated video card drivers broadcom ethernet port drivers and wifi drivers Didn't do anything I've considered rolling them back but I can't imagine that would help lol Tried running it with all other possible internet-using applications closed including Avast didn't help This issue only began happening after upgrading to W Any chance someone can help Preferably without suggesting a clean install gt lt System Specs Dell XPS Studio Intel Core Duo CPU P GHz Windows -bit GB Ram Graphics Card ATI Mobility Radeon HD Wireless Card Intel WiFi Link AGN Local Area Connection Broadcom NetLink Gigabit Ethernet Anymore info you need please just ask Nick

A:High Ping in Full Screen Games After W7 Upgrade?

Remembered that last time I was asked to attach a few things... so here's what I was asked for last time.

Perfmon report 1 is without the game running, perfmon report 2 is with Counter Strike: Source running. I might add one with Bad Company 2 running if I get a chance later... Hopefully this will shed some light on my issue? =P.

The package includes perfmon report (2 of them, see above), msinfo32, ipconfig, netsh_lan1, and the TSF_Vista_Support folder (even though i'm not having BSOD issues lol, i kinda realized after the fact >.> so I figured i'd attach anyway).

Anything else you may need, just ask.

~Nick

EDIT: by the way, in perfmon report 2, my ping was 350-500 the entire time in CSS... Just letting you know in case it matters <.<...

Also, forgot to mention previously that I am currently running Steam and hl2.exe in Windows Vista SP2 compatibility mode... Isn't helping >.>...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/high-ping-in-full-screen-games-after-w7-upgrade-472843.html
Relevancy 76.97%

Random Freezing Problem in Full Screen Games Okay so I ve searched and searched and I can t find a forum ANYWHERE that google can see with my particular problem It s a strange one so try to bear with me I can only describe what happens as a computer brain shart First off I have Windows x Ultimate Edition I m running a Pentium D GHz and GB of DDR on Screen Freezing in Problem Full Games Random a Foxconn Random Freezing Problem in Full Screen Games g ma- Random Freezing Problem in Full Screen Games ekrsh motherboard My video card is an ATI Mobility Radeon HD PCI-E x Now if I m just messing around on the desktop using pandora widget surfing the web using Word etc then the computer runs just fine no problems at all usually This remains the case when I m playing a full screen game and I alt-tabbed to my desktop to check something on the internet or change the song or whatever A couple times the desktop has frozen for about seconds then come back for about Random Freezing Problem in Full Screen Games second then frozen for seconds then come back blah blah blah This cycle usually ends in a blue screen which I can t get an image of because I don t know how to MAKE the computer blue screen UNLESS I alt-tab back to the game quick enough and then it just goes through its regular error that I ve described below When the computer BSoD s it only shows that screen for about seconds then the computer restarts itself The BSoD is not the real issue here because it has only happened a couple of times Usually the issue that I m trying to resolve doesn t end in a blue screen Usually the issue just goes through its error and then everything s fine for anywhere from - minutes before it happens again But now onto the real issue which I believe is causing the blue screen anyway When I m playing a game really ANY full screen game at random times while playing the screen will freeze then change to all one color then the monitor will restart and the game will continue The whole error usually lasts about - seconds During this time the music from my pandora widget doesn t change at all it keeps playing without a hitch Also when this happens on Starcraft II it seems that it gives other players that Waiting for player dialog and after a minute of total time stuck in the frozen computer error they are able to drop me from the game This makes me think that it s not just a video card error because if it was the game would continue unabated while my screen froze and it would just look like I stepped away from my computer for a few seconds and then came back It happens in WoW as well but I never get DC d because of it Also sometimes it will do its normal thing where I m running along the screen freezes monitor resets and BAM I m right back where I was when the error started However sometimes I will be farther forward than I was when the freeze happened It also happens in Portal AND Portal with graphics set to low medium and high The graphics don t seem to make a difference for when this happens another reason I don t think the problem is solely the video card With Portal sometimes the screen will do its normal freeze during which time the sound from the game will loop about half a second of audio over and over and over until the game comes back and sometimes it will just straight up crash to the desktop No error message nothing just game then BAM desktop By the way it s not JUST in full screen that this happens It will happen albeit less often in windowed mode as well Oddly enough the problem NEVER happens in League of Legends Don t know if that s useful information but it s certainly noteworthy Every once in a while if I alt-tab right before the computer was going to have a brain shart then the error will continue on the desktop as I described int he first part ending in a blue screen Again I think the problem is actually with the whole system somehow and not just the video card because of the fact that it shows up to others as lag Any help or advice of how to g... Read more

Relevancy 76.97%

I run a large Tv as a monitor through an HDMI output, but almost all of my games will not run in full screen. I have read about windowing games, but it seems as though no 3rd party software exists. Aside from windowing a game is it possible to reduce the entire display size on the screen so that there is a blank border around a fixed windows resolution?

I run:
Windows XP
Onboard Video (Radeon)
Athlon 6000+
37'' LCD HDTV

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/full-screen-games-and-large-widescreen-monitors.94905/
Relevancy 76.97%

Hi
I have a hp mini 210 netbook.
Im trying to run games like broken sword on it.
In my previous windows 7 instalation, i just selected 'maintain aspect ratio' from the display properties, and it gave me a full screen game.

I had a terrible virus, so had to format and install another windows 7.

I noticed the graphics driver is a bit different, and now when i select 'maintain aspect ratio', it makes no diffference whatsoever.
how to actually get full screen again??
thanks

A:Cant get games to display full screen, even with 'maintain ratio'

Trying to answer from my android app. Did you install the newest driver from Hp? What is your gpu make and model?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/211586-cant-get-games-display-full-screen-even-maintain-ratio.html
Relevancy 76.97%

Hi nbsp I just recently got a Compaq Presario CQ - wm Laptop PC It has Win HP bit installed I've upgraded the in do on Graphics Full get Screen Grap... I Games How and Intel memory to gb Intel Celeron B gb CPUIntel HD Graphics And it has the New HM Chipset nbsp My question is How do I get Full Screen Graphics in Games on and Intel Grap... this nbsp While I know it will not run High End Games nbsp I was wondering if anyone could tell me how to get FULL SCREEN GRAPHICS when playing Simple Games like Empire Earth Dungeon Lords Solitaire Chess Build a Lot etc nbsp On a laptop with Intel Graphics awhile back I could go into the Graphics Ctrl Panel and select the Stretch to Screen Size option and it would give me Full Screen Graphics BUT When I go into the Graphics Ctrl panel now I see NO such option What gives I don't expect it to run High end graphics but for crying out loud I should at least be able to enjoy a Full screen Size of x instead of aspect ratio graphics nbsp Any help I'd be grateful Solved View Solution

A:How do I get Full Screen Graphics in Games on and Intel Grap...

Hi again: Since I hadn't got a respnse to my question, I thought I better go and fend for myself.So I went on a Bing Search to find a solution to my Problem And I did....  It's real simple So i thought for those who maybe having the same problem I'd list my Solutrion that I found so here you are.             Intel Full Screen Gaming Fix.To Fix Intel Scaling Glitch.#1. Right Click on Desktop & Choose Screen Resolution.   And Change resolution to 1024x768.#2. Goto Ctrl Panel Click on Intel Graphics & Media. Scaling Option will now be avalible, Select Stretch to Full Screen and Save.#3. Again Right Click on Desktop. And change your Resolution back to Native Resolution, Click on Accept... Now you should be set for Full screen Graphics in Games.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/How-do-I-get-Full-Screen-Graphics-in-Games-on-and-Intel/td-p/1557875
Relevancy 76.97%

Hello, I'm not very knowledgeable on computer systems so I need a bit of help solving this issue. I like to play PC games quite a bit, and my computer can run them fine. However, I continuously have an issue with every game I've played (to include: Red Baron 3D, Left For Dead, Empire: Total War, etc) has had the same problem; the game runs fine, but the mouse pointer disappears or flashes intermittently whenever I try and play the game in full screen. It works just fine if I play the game in a window, but the experience is just not the same. I've only had this problem on Vista, and I don't know what to do.

If this is the wrong place or my problem has nothing to do with Vista itself I apologize.

Thank you for any assistance.

A:Mouse pointer dissapearing during full screen games

Hello Undakai, and welcome to Vista Forums.

What mouse do you have?

You might also check to see if there are newer drivers available for the mouse to see if they may address this problem.

Hope this helps for now,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/gaming/234429-mouse-pointer-dissapearing-during-full-screen-games.html
Relevancy 76.97%

Recently I ve been experiencing a problem whereby when I exit a full screen game which should go back to the desktop it often goes Games Exiting full after screen Blank Desktop back to a blank desktop - what appears to be a black screen aside from the mouse which moves fine Although programs that were already there such as winamp or media players can still function via keyboard shortcuts I can t start anything new Blank Desktop after Exiting full screen Games Worse still I can t ctrl alt del to the task manager or bring up the start menu and the only way to get out of this that I have found is to manuall reboot the pc I have my graphics card updated to the newest drivers and I am using the most recent directx c This has happened with a variety of games Warhammer K Dawn of War Half Life as well as Broken Sword and and several other games that run in full screen mode If it helps I am using a CRT monitor aprox months old running in x at bit colours refresh rate hz highest I can get on this monitor Can anyone help me with this because it is really starting to frustrate me nbsp

A:Blank Desktop after Exiting full screen Games

this is currently a problem with the new nvidia drivers this happens when the drivers fail to switch the videocard into 2d mode after the game closes.

usually you will be unable to get the picture back and if you try anything such as going into standby mode and try to come out of standby, the pc will come out of standby but the monitor will not turn on, the power light on the monitor will remain a amber color.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blank-desktop-after-exiting-full-screen-games.484888/
Relevancy 76.97%

The only Full maximize games programs being Screen won't after minimized. / way for me to maximize them is to go to the taskmanager and double click the program or click 'switch to' This get's a bit annoying and sucks that I can't just alt tab back to it The thing is when I'm in task manager the program is noted as quot Not Responding quot If it's not responding how am I still able to maximize it through the task manager Any ideas And another symptom Full Screen programs / games won't maximize after being minimized. I have is that some windowed programs e Full Screen programs / games won't maximize after being minimized. g league of legends client champion select screen keep on automatically refreshing themselves Like for instance when I'm typing in the league client it would start rapidly refreshing or changing priorities or something such that I can't Full Screen programs / games won't maximize after being minimized. even type a few words without having to click back to the program in the taskbar I've tried malware scans with malwarebytes antimalware as well as windows security essential A few trojans and malwares came up but none of them fixed my issue Sorry if this is hard to understand it's quite difficult for me to explain I might make a video showing my issue if you guys can't help me with a solution based off of the above Thanks

A:Full Screen programs / games won't maximize after being minimized.

bump . *not sure if there are rules against bumping on this forum. if so, please inform me, even if you don't have a solution.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/389303-full-screen-programs-games-wont-maximize-after-being-minimized.html
Relevancy 76.97%

I run on non-aero windows, and i noticed if something pop-up, or i use overwolf, it lags, 100 fps went to 10, but when the pop-up disappears, it doesn't lag anymore, Aero windows does not have this pop-up lag, how can i fix it?
Also i don't wanna go back to aero, becouse it lags my computer, and the games too
Thanks!

A:Pop ups lags the full screen and minimize programs/games

Bumping, really need some help!

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/323445-pop-ups-lags-full-screen-minimize-programs-games.html
Relevancy 76.97%

The only way for me to maximize them is to go to the taskmanager and double click the won't programs Screen after / being minimized. maximize Full games program or click 'switch to' This get's a bit annoying and sucks that I can't just alt tab back to it The thing is when I'm in task manager the program is noted as quot Not Responding quot If it's not responding how am I still able to maximize it through the task manager Any ideas And another symptom Full Screen programs / games won't maximize after being minimized. I have is that some windowed programs e g league of Full Screen programs / games won't maximize after being minimized. legends client champion select screen keep on automatically refreshing themselves Like for instance when I'm typing in the league client it would start rapidly refreshing or changing priorities or something such that I can't even type a few words without having to click back to the program in the taskbar I've tried malware scans with malwarebytes antimalware as well as windows security essential A few trojans and malwares came up but none of them fixed my issue Sorry if this is hard to understand it's quite difficult for me to explain I might make a video showing my issue if you guys can't help me with a solution based off of the above Thanks

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/389303-full-screen-programs-games-wont-maximize-after-being-minimized.html
Relevancy 76.97%

Okay so I've searched and searched and I can't find a forum ANYWHERE that google can see with my particular problem It's a strange one so try to bear with me I can only describe what happens as a computer brain shart First off I have Windows x Ultimate Edition I'm running a Pentium D GHz and GB of DDR on a Foxconn g ma- ekrsh motherboard My video card is an ATI Mobility Radeon HD PCI-E x Now if I'm just messing around on the desktop using pandora widget surfing the web using Word etc then the computer runs just fine no problems at all usually This remains the case when I'm playing a Screen Random Problem Freezing Games Full in full screen game and I alt-tabbed to my desktop to check something on the Random Freezing Problem in Full Screen Games internet or change the song or whatever A couple times the desktop has frozen for about seconds then come back for about second then frozen for seconds Random Freezing Problem in Full Screen Games then come back blah blah blah This cycle usually ends in a blue screen which I can't get an image of because I don't know how to MAKE the computer blue screen UNLESS I alt-tab back to the game quick enough and then it just goes through its regular error that I've described below EDIT When the computer BSoD's it only shows that screen for about seconds then the computer restarts itself But now onto the real issue which I believe is causing the blue screen anyway When I'm playing a game really ANY full screen game at random times while playing the screen will freeze then change to all one color then the monitor will restart and the game will continue The whole error usually lasts about - seconds During this time the music from my pandora widget doesn't change at all it keeps playing without a hitch Also when this happens on Starcraft II it seems that it gives other players that 'Waiting for player ' dialog and after a minute of total time stuck in the frozen computer error they are able to drop me from the game This makes me think that it's not just a video card error because if it was the game would continue unabated while my screen froze and it would just look like I stepped away from my computer for a few seconds and then came back It happens in WoW as well but I never get DC'd because of it Also sometimes it will do its normal thing where I'm running along the screen freezes monitor resets and BAM I'm right back where I was when the error started However sometimes I will be farther forward than I was when the freeze happened It also happens in Portal AND Portal with graphics set to low medium and high The graphics don't seem to make a difference for when this happens another reason I don't think the problem is solely the video card With Portal sometimes the screen will do its normal freeze during which time the sound from the game will loop about half a second of audio over and over and over until the game comes back and sometimes it will just straight up crash to the desktop No error message nothing just game then BAM desktop By the way it's not JUST in full screen that this happens It will happen albeit less often in windowed mode as well EDIT Oddly enough the problem NEVER happens in League of Legends Don't know if that's useful information but it's certainly noteworthy Every once in a while if I alt-tab right before the computer was going to have a brain shart then the error will continue on the desktop as I described int he first part ending in a blue screen Again I think the problem is actually with the whole system somehow and not just the video card because of the fact that it shows up to others as lag Any help or advice of how to go about fixing this would be greatly appreciated I would just upgrade the damn box because this didn't happen on my old more powerful build -- but it got stolen so I was forced to go with very inexpensive parts Thanks and I'll check back periodically today to see if anyone needs more information Oh something worth noting there are dump files in my minidump ... Read more

Relevancy 76.97%

my kids/wife play those online games a lot.... everytime i get on computer i have to go thru all kinda hopps to get back to my desktop cause it takes up the entire screen, i cant get to the start button, taskbar, desktop, nothing.... every once in awhile hitting the "Windows" key works, but not often...
is there a way to eliminate full screen modes? make it where all games are just a regular window like all other software?

thanks
tony

A:can FULL SCREEN MODE be stopped for online games??

To get back to the desktop from nearly any fullscreen game, press and hold down "Alt", press "Tab", and then release both keys. (this is called doing an Alt-Tab). All this does is task-switch to the next runing user application in the Windows Taskbar. If the game is the only application running in the taskbar, then you just get back to the desktop. Pressing the Windows-logo Key on the keyboard can also effectyively do the same thing.
The behavior of this function varries slightly from game to game and machine to machine, so you may see a pause or a delay as the system mode-switches from the screen resolution that the game was running at to the screen resolution that the windows desktop is set to. Some games will pause when the Alt-Tab function is called, but usualy the game will simply be running in the background when you are Alt-Tabed to the desktop.

There is no way for you to universaly make all CD-ROM games that run on the MS Windows operating system run only in "Windowed mode" (as opposed to full-screen mode). You would have to go and find out if and how you can get each individual game to run in Windowed mode, and then make the nessisary changes for each game. Even if you did that, a game would likely default to full-screen mode the next time you started one, and frankly I doubt that the games would even have a windowed mode. Most of the games released in the last five years were full-screen only.

Why don't you just get a second PC for yourself and tell the rest of the family it's for your job? Then you can lock them out of it with a password and they can go use the old one.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/can-full-screen-mode-be-stopped-for-online-games-100567.html