Windows Support Forum

BSOD 116 atikmpag.sys randomly

Q: BSOD 116 atikmpag.sys randomly

Hi,

I'm getting BSOD randomly regardless if I'm playing or not. More details:VGA and CPU is not overclocked
I have the latest graphic driver 13.1. It was uninstalled (cleaned with Driver Sweeper) and reinstalled.
CPU temerature never reached 50C
VGA temperature never reached 65C
PC was cleaned from dust (it did not helped)
For more info please see the attached logs and screenshots.
Attachment 286194

Attachment 286195

Attachment 286196

Regards,
EthanHunt

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: BSOD 116 atikmpag.sys randomly

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: BSOD 116 atikmpag.sys randomly

I'm having the same BSOD's. But I know that my video card has been playing up lately (it has no heat issues either)..I am going to update the Intel Graphics driver now.
Have you tried on board graphics?
Try another graphics card (compatible) on your system.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/305212-bsod-116-atikmpag-sys-randomly.html
Relevancy 76.54%

Hi guys, as the title says, I have random BSOD caused by atikmpag.sys
I have tried uninstalling the driver and then using DDU(Display Drivers Unintsaller) in safe mode to completely remove my drivers before reinstalling them. But I am still getting BSOD, I am using the drivers that came with my Laptop (HP).
So I thought that something else might be causing the BSOD, so I uploaded my LOG.
Thnx

A:BSOD atikmpag.sys randomly

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 116, {fffffa800500a4e0, fffff88004207078, 0, 2}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atikmpag.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmpag.sys
Probably caused by : atikmpag.sys ( atikmpag+7078 )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

2: kd> lmvm atikmpag
start end module name
fffff880`04200000 fffff880`0424c000 atikmpag T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: atikmpag.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\atikmpag.sys
Image name: atikmpag.sys
Timestamp: Fri Dec 31 08:03:05 2010 (4D1CFA91)
CheckSum: 0004AA7C
ImageSize: 0004C000
Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
Thats a very old video driver. See if an updated driver is available from the AMD/ATI website, and install that.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/367556-bsod-atikmpag-sys-randomly.html
Relevancy 75.68%

I started getting this when I was playing sims quite alot and recently updated to wins After this I was with BSOD randomly atikmpag.sys/VIDEO_TDR_ERROR getting it no matter what i did and it got to the point where I couldnt boot up anymore I took my PC into a repair shop and BSOD randomly with atikmpag.sys/VIDEO_TDR_ERROR had my PC reverted back to windows clean install and my drivers uninstalled and reinstalled and a good clean After getting it back I was able to use my PC for about hrs before getting this error again When the BSOD starts the pc will restart itself but will be unable to load to windows unless in safe mode From BSOD randomly with atikmpag.sys/VIDEO_TDR_ERROR safe mode the only way to get it to boot normally is to either leave the PC shut off for about mins or shut down BSOD randomly with atikmpag.sys/VIDEO_TDR_ERROR from safe mode and restart I cant not use the quot restart quot option or the BSOD will not boot windows Sorry if that was a little hard to understand but any help would be great I have been dealing with this for almost weeks now and its really starting to get me down Report from Whocrashed crash dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmp This was probably caused by the following module atikmpag sys atikmpag xCCAC Bugcheck code x xFFFFFA CBEE E xFFFFF D CAC x x Error VIDEO TDR ERROR file path C Windows system drivers atikmpag sys product AMD driver company Advanced Micro Devices Inc description AMD multi-vendor Miniport Driver Bug check description This indicates that an attempt to reset the display driver and recover from a timeout failed A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver atikmpag sys AMD multi-vendor Miniport Driver Advanced Micro Devices Inc Google query Advanced Micro Devices Inc VIDEO TDR ERROR

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/380917-bsod-randomly-atikmpag-sys-video_tdr_error.html
Relevancy 75.68%

this is amazingly bsod. when playing game, watching movie, even browsing
i have HD 4650 DDR 2 sometimes keep bsod in 1 day.
magically not bsod in 4-5 days. and bsod again.
once bsod appear it will likely bsod in next 2-3 hours
the problem is AMD driver .

today , i got bsod at 4 pm. i uninstall complete the driver (12.4)
and i install 13.9 the latest in web AMD. done installing
restart.. and boot up to desktop. 4 sec later bsod.
so i think this is must driver faulty. i uninstall again.
and installing (12.4b) its ok.. not bsod... until the last. it bsod again when browsing (-+ 8pm)

please help me, i dunno what to do now.. i planned for format computer next sunday if still not solve

PS: ignore the first bsod, IRQL not less equal. because my old c2d E7500 is broke. i changed to pentium E2160 now. but not formatting. so i guess maybe the win 7 fault too

A:BSOD randomly x116 atikmpag.sys

Hi blackstrike. Stop 0x116 BSODs are display/graphics related.

It seems to be an old computer.

Code:
BiosVersion = 080012
BiosReleaseDate = 05/14/2008
If there is any possible BIOS update, apply it. PCCHIPS Web Site

How old the ATI Radeon HD 4600 Series GPU is? Stress test the Graphics Card using Furmark.
Video Card - Stress Test with Furmark

Is the computer hot? Report us the heat of the computer after a couple of hours of your normal usage. Upload a screenshot of the summery tab of Speccy. Alternatively, you can publish a Speccy snapshot too: Speccy - Publish Snapshot of your System Specs .

The display driver is old, too.

Code:
Timestamp: Fri May 25 01:24:11 2012 (4FBE91E3)
Update your ATI/AMD display driver to the latest WHQL.
You can get it from the link in our forum, Latest AMD Catalyst Video Driver for Windows 7, or you may go to AMD Graphics Driver and Software and opt for Automatically Detect and Install the appropriate driver for your card.

During installation, you may opt for advanced installation, and install the display driver only, not the Catalyst Control Center.

Let us know the results.
______________________________________________________________________________________

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 116, {867d6228, 9623420e, c00000b5, a}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\atikmpag.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmpag.sys
Probably caused by : atikmpag.sys ( atikmpag+720e )

---------

1: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (116)
Attempt to reset the display driver and recover from timeout failed.
Arguments:
Arg1: 867d6228, Optional pointer to internal TDR recovery context (TDR_RECOVERY_CONTEXT).
Arg2: 9623420e, The pointer into responsible device driver module (e.g. owner tag).
Arg3: c00000b5, Optional error code (NTSTATUS) of the last failed operation.
Arg4: 0000000a, Optional internal context dependent data.

Debugging Details:
------------------
FAULTING_IP:
atikmpag+720e
9623420e 8bff mov edi,edi

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: GRAPHICS_DRIVER_TDR_FAULT

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x116

PROCESS_NAME: System

CURRENT_IRQL: 0

STACK_TEXT:
94e64ba4 9b5da0ff 00000116 867d6228 9623420e nt!KeBugCheckEx+0x1e
94e64bc8 9b5ceae6 9623420e c00000b5 0000000a dxgkrnl!TdrBugcheckOnTimeout+0x8d
94e64bec 9b60b92c c00000b5 00000000 94e64cb0 dxgkrnl!TdrIsRecoveryRequired+0xb8
94e64c64 9b632d55 fffffcfb 0002c5fd 00000000 dxgmms1!VidSchiReportHwHang+0x3c0
94e64c90 9b612993 87ae73c8 94e64cb0 00000102 dxgmms1!VidSchWaitForCompletionEvent+0x16f
94e64d28 9b637501 00000000 83872fa5 87ae73c8 dxgmms1!VidSchiScheduleCommandToRun+0x14d
94e64d3c 9b6375bd 87ae73c8 00000000 87ac2a48 dxgmms1!VidSchiRun_PriorityTable+0xf
94e64d50 83a2c53a 87ae73c8 b0b53661 00000000 dxgmms1!VidSchiWorkerThread+0x7f
94e64d90 838cd899 9b63753e 87ae73c8 00000000 nt!PspSystemThreadStartup+0x9e
00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 nt!KiThreadStartup+0x19
STACK_COMMAND: ... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/315688-bsod-randomly-x116-atikmpag-sys.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Quote Windows x Windows XP was originally installed but I formatted my HDD while installing OS version years old Windows seven since November ' Intel Core Quad Q Ghz Gigabyte HD Ghz since days but there was the same exact problem on my old Sapphire HD Mo Asus P B-SE Anteq W if i remember well Hello everybody I have had these BSOD almost since I installed Seven I used WINDBG myself to interprete those minidumps and that helped me to search on the web While searching on the web I saw lots of people complaining about similar issues with similar dlls involved but I didn't found how to solve this I completely uninstalled ATI software and reinstalled the standalone display driver but dxgmms1, atikmpag, - - BSOD x64 Win atikmpag... 7 the problem is still here All my drivers are up to date including those of the graphic card I enabled BSOD - atikmpag, dxgmms1, atikmpag... - Win 7 x64 memory remap yesterday but it didn't change anything I suspect a RAM-related issue but I'm not sure I attached the files you asked for The perfmon report is in French so feel free to let me know if you need a translation of some part or another BSOD - atikmpag, dxgmms1, atikmpag... - Win 7 x64 detail Thanks by advance for your response F

A:BSOD - atikmpag, dxgmms1, atikmpag... - Win 7 x64

Bump...please...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-atikmpag-dxgmms1-atikmpag-win-7-x64-515036.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Around the th of March I was playing Smite, BCC116 atikmpag.sys & playing BSOD mentions BCC117, BSOD Smite joined a match and about half way through it I received a freeze then a BSOD This continued to happen randomly when I would play a smite match ranging from every to matches could happen near the beginning or in the middle of the game So I wouldn't ruin more games for others I attempted to fix the problem myself looking up that I had to update my GPU drivers which I do now have or uninstall them to let my pc auto install the suitable one This ended up with my PC or Radeon hardware detector not detecting the GPU so I had to system restore I also tried cleaning out my PC rig BSOD playing Smite, BCC116 & BCC117, BSOD mentions atikmpag.sys with a duster to see if my bad PC hygiene had caused heating problems but it had no affect I have used malware-bytes to detect malware and viruses but all that was quarantined seems to have had no affect I tried these solutions that I see everywhere when I search but obviously they didn't work So instead of finding a solution I attempted to find more symptoms I found that within the blue screen it mentions atikmpag sys I see that my PC problem reports tell me that I have a lot of Windows shutting down and Video hardware errors With the BCC codes BCC and BCC respectivly I also attempted to see if I would gain the BSOD by testing on more strenuous games and didn't gain any BSOD whilst playing Dark Souls and Batman Arkham Knight thus so far I have concluded that this BSOD seems Smite specific though this could do with some further testing So now I have given up in attempting to fix it by my self and have joined the Sevenforums in an attempt to fix this problem and get back to the game I enjoy I hope I have successfully attached the zip file correctly but if I haven't or some other files are needed or if I haven't applied a forum rule by accident please mention it To test whether a solution has worked or not I will have to play many smite matches so it may take a while before whether I can reply confirm whether the BSODs are gone or not

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/394049-bsod-playing-smite-bcc116-bcc117-bsod-mentions-atikmpag-sys.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Getting the bsod with bccode 116 and atikmpag.sys T_T My lenovo is barely even a month old Ive got everything up to date. when i go into safe mode its okay but when i restart normally it messes up i did a system restore and it was good for a couple hours and then back to bsod.
Any sort of ideas would be of help,
Ive attached the dump files in it but of the lastest bsod
Thanks

A:atikmpag.sys BSOD

These are the specs btw
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: AMD A6-3420M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics, AMD64 Family 18 Model 1 Stepping 0
Processor Count: 4
RAM: 5606 Mb
Graphics Card: AMD Radeon 6600M and 6700M Series, 1024 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 431937 MB, Free - 153489 MB; D: Total - 29690 MB, Free - 5979 MB;
Motherboard: LENOVO, Torpedo
Antivirus: ESET NOD32 Antivirus 5.0, Updated and Enabled

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/atikmpag-sys-bsod.1051720/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi I have been experiencing systematic atikmpag.sys BSOD by BSODs when playing videos using either XBMC PowerDVD or WMP I have and AMD APU A T on an ASUS F A -V-Pro mobo This had all been running perfectly stable for months until I believe I updated the BIOS of the mobo Unfortunately I did not register from which BIOS version I upgraded I do BSOD by atikmpag.sys know it was a version that was from before the support for the newer A APUs was supported whence my decision to upgrade Now it's v I have uninstalled Catalyst and re-installed it but to no avail The symptoms are as follows I play a video can be DVD BluRay mkv file avi whatever After a while can be within minutes or after an hour the player will crash If I launch the movie again I get the BSOD Sometimes the BSOD occurs immediately after the player crashes or when the movie is interrupted by me stopping or pausing it or by a windows program bringing up some pop-up message WhoCrashed gives the following dump log every time On Wed GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmp This was probably caused by the following module atikmpag sys atikmpag xBDAC Bugcheck code x xFFFFFA FCD E xFFFFF A BDAC x xC Error VIDEO TDR ERROR file path C Windows system drivers atikmpag sys product AMD driver company Advanced Micro Devices Inc description AMD multi-vendor Miniport Driver Bug check description This indicates that an attempt to reset the display driver and recover from a timeout failed A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver atikmpag sys AMD multi-vendor Miniport Driver Advanced Micro Devices Inc Google query Advanced Micro Devices Inc VIDEO TDR ERROR I would try downgrading the BIOS but I find it risky to do so and I do not know unfortunately which version I had before that ran stable I provide the log collector results here thanks a lot for any help PietPara

A:BSOD by atikmpag.sys

Can i ask you to download this, http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012

Once downloaded please copy and past the information on here

This will help me analyze your problem further

I look forward to helping you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/346274-bsod-atikmpag-sys.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I get occasional BSODs when using my computer, there doesn't seem to be a pattern to it, sometimes I get many in a short period of time but sometimes it can be months without one..

I don't know if anyone can spread some light on my situation? It is just a little frustrating to loose any work I am working on!

A:BSOD atikmpag

The problem is apparently display related, as appears form the crash dump.

Code:
BugCheck 116, {86824510, 92832188, 0, 2}

Probably caused by : atikmpag.sys ( atikmpag+9188 )

---------
It is the 14.12 Omega driver, which is not very stable.
Uninstall the installed display driver using DDU. Then install the CCC 14.4 WHQL only.

When done, Stress test the Graphics Card using Furmark. Video Card - Stress Test with Furmark
Take a screenshot of the furmark window before closing it. Upload the screenshot for us. Also let us know if you have experienced any crash/BSOD and/or artifacts during the test.

But the fact is, your installation is counterfeit. It is a Gigabyte retail motherboard ....

Code:
SystemManufacturer = Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
SystemProductName = Z68A-D3-B3
Which is having a HP OEM key

Code:
Product ID: 00426-OEM-8992662-00006
It is possible only when teh activation is done using hackers activation exploitations; and the heavy modified codes installed by those tools not only makes the system unstable but also makes any troubleshooting meaningless.

Concentrate on the prima facie display failure, but take necessary actions to rectify the counterfeit installation. Have genuine windows, which will make the computer more stable.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/366405-bsod-atikmpag.html
Relevancy 53.32%

My computer has crashed to the BSOD twice in the past couple weeks due to atikmpag.sys. I saw a lot of people here are very helpful and was hoping someone could help me as well. Would you please help me figure out how to make this BSOD stop so it doesn't happen again and it does not cause any more damage to my computer? I have attached the only DMP file there was available. Thank you in advance for your help!

A:BSOD atikmpag.sys

Quote: Originally Posted by jvm127

My computer has crashed to the BSOD twice in the past couple weeks due to atikmpag.sys. I saw a lot of people here are very helpful and was hoping someone could help me as well. Would you please help me figure out how to make this BSOD stop so it doesn't happen again and it does not cause any more damage to my computer? I have attached the only DMP file there was available. Thank you in advance for your help!

Quote:
"It's not a true crash, in the sense that the bluescreen was initiated only because the combination of video driver and video hardware was being unresponsive, and not because of any synchronous processing exception".

Since Vista, the "Timeout Detection and Recovery" (TDR) components of the OS video subsystem have been capable of doing some truly impressive things to try to recover from issues which would have caused earlier OSs like XP to crash.

As a last resort, the TDR subsystem sends the video driver a "please restart yourself now!" command and waits a few seconds.

If there's no response, the OS concludes that the video driver/hardware combo has truly collapsed in a heap, and it fires off that stop 0x116 BSOD.

If playing with video driver versions hasn't helped, make sure the box is not overheating.

Try removing a side panel and aiming a big mains fan straight at the motherboard and GPU.

Run it like that for a few hours or days - long enough to ascertain whether cooler temperatures make a difference.

If so, it might be as simple as dust buildup and subsequently inadequate cooling.

I would download cpu-z and gpu-z (both free) and keep an eye on the video temps Let us know if you need help

STOP 0x116: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR troubleshooting

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/203681-bsod-atikmpag-sys.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi.
I was suffering with lot of freezes on my computer so I decided to intall a fresh copy of windows...
after 1 day, I had a BSOD that says that the atikmpag.sys file is the problem...

IWhen I installed the new copy I installed te latest driver that came oout on October 15th so I dont think that it's becuase the driver.

So what can I do?!?

Thank you

Follow the instructions here> http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ta-452654.html
Lets see if the BSOD dump file(s) can tell us whats going on.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/atikmpag-sys-bsod-738330.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Recently got this computer off newegg, everythings working fine, but on some games (L4D2, Dead Frontier, Desktop Dungeons) my screen shows a bunch of blue and purple boxes, And then BSOD's saying display driver failed to recover from timeout.

It seems like it crashes on OpenGL games, Ive unistalled, reinstalled the drivers, tried previous drivers, but to no anvil.

You can find my system specs in my profile, Any help at all is appreciated, Since i cant play my favorite games :/

A:Atikmpag.sys BSOD

Quote: Originally Posted by Dagrum

Recently got this computer off newegg, everythings working fine, but on some games (L4D2, Dead Frontier, Desktop Dungeons) my screen shows a bunch of blue and purple boxes, And then BSOD's saying display driver failed to recover from timeout.

It seems like it crashes on OpenGL games, Ive unistalled, reinstalled the drivers, tried previous drivers, but to no anvil.

You can find my system specs in my profile, Any help at all is appreciated, Since i cant play my favorite games :/

If you need any more information just tell me, I havent really had to deal with this type of stuff before, so if you need a crash dump report youre gonna have to tell me how to do that.

If you wish to have others assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder. The procedure:

* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
* Briefly describe the problem history and circumstances in the same post. Somebody will attend to your query as soon as possible.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/143435-atikmpag-sys-bsod.html
Relevancy 53.32%

For the past couple of days I have gotten one BSOD a day and it's the same one Atikmpag sys is at fault and it says quot Attempt to Atikmpag.sys BSOD reset the display driver and recover from timeout failed quot This happens at totally random points and I do not game on this either I am usually in Firefox surfing the web when it happens but I am not doing anything intensive My graphics drivers probably aren't the latest ones available I think the current Atikmpag.sys BSOD version I have is and the latest is I wanted to see what you guys say before updating if I need to though I don't think it is the drivers because I have had these drivers installed for a while and only now is the issue arising I have not made any system modifications or installed any new programs recently OS - Windows x Windows was the first and only OS installed OEM I have had this for at least years Only reinstalled Windows once I got the machine to get rid of bloatware AMD P Ghz ATI Radeon HD MotherBoard - not sure - stock that came with laptop Power Supply - stock that came with laptop System Manufacturer - Compaq Exact model number if laptop check label on bottom - CQ - NR Laptop or Desktop - Laptop

A:Atikmpag.sys BSOD

Hi,

All of the attached DMP files are of the VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (116) bug check.

The basic definition of a 0x116 bugcheck is: This indicates that an attempt to reset the display driver and recover from a timeout failed. So, let me now explain what VIDEO_TDR_ERROR means. First off, TDR is an acronym for 'Timeout Detection and Recovery'. Timeout Detection and Recovery was introduced in Vista and carried over to Windows 7. Rather than putting exactly what Timeout Detection and Recovery does exactly, I'll just directly quote the MSDN article!

Quote:

Timeout detection: The GPU scheduler, which is part of the DirectX graphics kernel subsystem (Dxgkrnl.sys), detects that the GPU is taking more than the permitted amount of time to execute a particular task. The GPU scheduler then tries to preempt this particular task. The preempt operation has a "wait" timeout, which is the actual TDR timeout. This step is thus the timeout detection phase of the process. The default timeout period in Windows Vista and later operating systems is 2 seconds. If the GPU cannot complete or preempt the current task within the TDR timeout period, the operating system diagnoses that the GPU is frozen.
To prevent timeout detection from occurring, hardware vendors should ensure that graphics operations (that is, DMA buffer completion) take no more than 2 seconds in end-user scenarios such as productivity and game play.

Quote:

Preparation for recovery: The operating system's GPU scheduler calls the display miniport driver's DxgkDdiResetFromTimeout function to inform the driver that the operating system detected a timeout. The driver must then reinitialize itself and reset the GPU. In addition, the driver must stop accessing memory and should not access hardware. The operating system and the driver collect hardware and other state information that could be useful for post-mortem diagnosis.

Quote:

Desktop recovery: The operating system resets the appropriate state of the graphics stack. The video memory manager, which is also part of Dxgkrnl.sys, purges all allocations from video memory. The display miniport driver resets the GPU hardware state. The graphics stack takes the final actions and restores the desktop to the responsive state. As previously mentioned, some legacy DirectX applications might render just black at the end of this recovery, which requires the end user to restart these applications. Well-written DirectX 9Ex and DirectX 10 and later applications that handle Device Remove technology continue to work correctly. An application must release and then recreate its Direct3D device and all of the device's objects. For more information about how DirectX applications recover, see the Windows SDK. Article here.

With this being said, if Timeout Detection and Recovery fails to recover the display driver, it will then shoot the 0x116 bugcheck. There are many different things that can cause a 0x116, which I will explain below:

(Ensure you have the latest video card drivers. If you are already on the latest video card drivers, uninstall and install a version or a few versions behind the latest to ensure it's not a latest driver only issue. If you have already experimented with the latest video card driver and many previous versions, please give the beta driver for your card a try.)

The following hardware issues can cause a TDR event:

1. Unstable overclock (CPU, GPU, etc). Revert all and any overclocks to stock settings.

2. Bad sector in memory resulting in corrupt data being communicated between the GPU and the system (video memory otherwise known as VRAM or physical memory otherwise known as RAM).

GPU testing: Furmark, run for ~15 minutes and watch temperatures to ensure there's no overheating and watch for artifacts.

RAM testing: Memtest (RUN FOR NO LESS THAN ~... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/atikmpag-sys-bsod-795834.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I left my computer doing nothing, but when I came back I just saw the bsod. My cards are not overclocked nor underclocked.
Specs:
amd phenom II x4 955
hd 6950 2gb crossfire (2)
990fxa-ud3
8gb ddr3 ram 1333mhz
Dump file attached. Thanks for you help in advance.

Relevancy 53.32%

Hi!

Since I installed Win7 on my new computersystem, i get these BSOD every first time on a day i start my computer.
first some specs

? OS - Windows 7 Ultimate
? x86
? Windows 7 Ultimate
? OEM
? 1/2 year
? 1/2 year
? x64 Family 6 Model 23 Stepping 10
? ATI Radeon HD 5670
? ASUS P5QD Turbo
? Power Supply - Silent, 600W
i read a lot of threads and installed the graphicdriver without catalyst center and installed yesterday SP1, but this morning i already get the bsod...

so i read the posting instructions, and attach the echo.zip.

thanks for your work.

emddummi
PS: im from germany, so please excuse my english im not a natural speaker :)

A:BSOD, atikmpag.sys

Hello,

You're right, the BSODs did start the day you installed Windows 7. SP1 has not changed the type of BSODs you are getting.

Every dump is the same: a 0x116 bugcheck. See here: STOP 0x116: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR troubleshooting - Windows 7 Forums

Do you have a different graphics card you can try out? If not, see if you can borrow one from a friend or purchase one from a store that will allow you to return it.

It may be worth it to update your graphics drivers to the very latest version: AMD Graphics Drivers & Software

I see the crashes persisted through the October and November versions, but it can't hurt to try.

Install the ATK0110 driver from the Utilities section here: http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?model=P7P55D LE&os=30&SLanguage=en-us
Code:
ASACPI.sys Thu Aug 12 22:52:52 2004 (411C2D04)
...Summary of the dumps:

Code:

Built by: 7601.17514.x86fre.win7sp1_rtm.101119-1850
Debug session time: Sun Mar 6 00:40:50.910 2011 (UTC - 5:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:00:27.393
*** ERROR: Symbol file could not be found. Defaulted to export symbols for dxgmms1.sys -
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x116_IMAGE_atikmpag.sys
SystemProductName = System Product Name
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Built by: 7600.16695.x86fre.win7_gdr.101026-1503
Debug session time: Sat Mar 5 00:39:09.701 2011 (UTC - 5:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:00:31.184
*** ERROR: Symbol file could not be found. Defaulted to export symbols for dxgmms1.sys -
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Debug session time: Thu Mar 3 23:08:49.812 2011 (UTC - 5:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:00:30.295
Debug session time: Wed Mar 2 04:00:52.438 2011 (UTC - 5:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:00:29.920
Debug session time: Sun Feb 27 04:32:25.796 2011 (UTC - 5:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:00:30.279
???????????... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-atikmpag-sys-556007.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi guys,

I have a brand new Pavilion dv6 quad-core 64-bit laptop I purchased about 6 months ago ( end of last year ). I have not installed any new OS on it.

I am having a BSOD relating to atikmpag.sys
It's happended about 7 times since I got the laptop.
I have no idea what this is from so this is what I came to you folks

I followed the sticky post on how to post a thread about this problem, I hope I did everything. If you need anything from me please ask. I want to fix this problem!

Thanks.

A:BSOD about atikmpag.sys

Quote:
"It's not a true crash, in the sense that the bluescreen was initiated only because the combination of video driver and video hardware was being unresponsive, and not because of any synchronous processing exception".

Since Vista, the "Timeout Detection and Recovery" (TDR) components of the OS video subsystem have been capable of doing some truly impressive things to try to recover from issues which would have caused earlier OSs like XP to crash.

As a last resort, the TDR subsystem sends the video driver a "please restart yourself now!" command and waits a few seconds.

If there's no response, the OS concludes that the video driver/hardware combo has truly collapsed in a heap, and it fires off that stop 0x116 BSOD.

If playing with video driver versions hasn't helped, make sure the box is not overheating.

Try removing a side panel and aiming a big mains fan straight at the motherboard and GPU.

Run it like that for a few hours or days - long enough to ascertain whether cooler temperatures make a difference.

If so, it might be as simple as dust buildup and subsequently inadequate cooling.

I would download cpu-z and gpu-z (both free) and keep an eye on the video temps

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/226535-bsod-about-atikmpag-sys.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Well only when i atikmpag.sys 116 BSOD play games i take bsod it freezes sometimes if i press ctrl alt del then it maybe unfreeze and sometimes it shows a message display driver stopped and restored or something like that i checked the guide here STOP x VIDEO TDR ERROR troubleshooting Done the system file checker the reset BSOD 116 atikmpag.sys pagefile of course i have tried many versions of Ati drivers well dunno but now it wont even open CCC but i guess thats not the main problem i have re-installed many times the direct-x files i dont overclock My pc specs are Phenom II x MSI fx-GD ATI radeon hd sapphire vapor-x X in cf Ram Geil dont remember name at but i run them low cause i dont overclock for now i trieed a friends ram and same error appeared so i guess its not ram issue PSU dont remmember brand but its about W if u need i can find more about it and edit the topic Thnx in advance for ur help

A:BSOD 116 atikmpag.sys

We do need the DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.

If you are overclocking STOP
We could also use some system information, which you can get easily by running msinfo32.
To do that go to start>run>type msinfo32>enter

When it is finished running go to file>save>name it and upload to us here.
You may be able to get the DMP files without crashing by booting into safe mode (F8) with networking.

To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.

The procedure:

Quote:
* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
*If the files are too large please upload them to a file sharing service like "Rapidshare" and put a link to them in your reply.

To ensure minidumps are enabled:

Quote:
* Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
* Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
* Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
* Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
* Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
* OK your way out.
* Reboot if changes have been made.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/226069-bsod-116-atikmpag-sys.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi, kindly help BSOD keeps me from working. I have uploaded a zip file from DM Log Collector.

Thanks in advance.

Manolet

Update the display driver at first. It is too old to work stably there. Download Drivers

Report us for any further BSOD after doing it.

Code:
BugCheck 116, {fffffa800c340010, fffff880070fcb78, 0, 2}

Probably caused by : atikmpag.sys ( atikmpag+7b78 )

---------

0: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (116)
Arguments:
Arg1: fffffa800c340010, Optional pointer to internal TDR recovery context (TDR_RECOVERY_CONTEXT).
Arg2: fffff880070fcb78, The pointer into responsible device driver module (e.g. owner tag).
Arg3: 0000000000000000, Optional error code (NTSTATUS) of the last failed operation.
Arg4: 0000000000000002, Optional internal context dependent data.

Debugging Details:
------------------
FAULTING_IP:
atikmpag+7b78
fffff880`070fcb78 4883ec28 sub rsp,28h

ANALYSIS_VERSION: 6.3.9600.17237 (debuggers(dbg).140716-0327) amd64fre

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`0b7ef888 fffff880`0705d144 : 00000000`00000116 fffffa80`0c340010 fffff880`070fcb78 00000000`00000000 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`0b7ef890 fffff880`0705ce4e : fffff880`070fcb78 fffffa80`0c340010 fffffa80`0bf0aab0 fffffa80`0beee010 : dxgkrnl!TdrBugcheckOnTimeout+0xec
fffff880`0b7ef8d0 fffff880`0718bfbf : fffffa80`0c340010 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`0bf0aab0 fffffa80`0beee010 : dxgkrnl!TdrIsRecoveryRequired+0x1a2
fffff880`0b7ef900 fffff880`071b5d09 : 00000000`ffffffff 00000000`00000e6d 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000002 : dxgmms1!VidSchiReportHwHang+0x40b
fffff880`0b7ef9e0 fffff880`071b444f : 00000000`00000102 00000000`00000008 00000000`00000e6d 00000000`00000000 : dxgmms1!VidSchiCheckHwProgress+0x71
fffff880`0b7efa10 fffff880`071872e6 : ffffffff`ff676980 fffffa80`0beee010 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : dxgmms1!VidSchiWaitForSchedulerEvents+0x1fb
fffff880`0b7efab0 fffff880`071b400e : 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`0bef6d50 00000000`00000080 fffffa80`0beee010 : dxgmms1!VidSchiScheduleCommandToRun+0x1da
fffff880`0b7efbc0 fffff800`03577b8a : 00000000`fffffc32 fffffa80`0bf0d060 fffffa80`073069e0 fffffa80`0bf0d060 : dxgmms1!VidSchiWorkerThread+0xba
fffff880`0b7efc00 fffff800`032ca8e6 : fffff880`03365180 fffffa80`0bf0d060 fffff880`0336ffc0 00000000`00000000 : nt!PspSystemThreadStartup+0x5a
fffff880`0b7efc40 00000000`00000000 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KxStartSystemThread+0x16
STACK_COMMAND: .bugcheck ; kb

FOLLOWUP_IP:
atikmpag+7b78
fffff880`070fcb78 4883ec28 sub rsp,28h

SYMBOL_NAME: atikmpag+7b78

FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: atikmpag

IMAGE_NAME: atikmpag.sys

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 4e4c6c36

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x116_IMAGE_atikmpag.sys

BUCKET_ID: X64_0x116_IMAGE_atikmpag.sys

ANALYSIS_SOURCE: KM

FAILURE_ID_HASH_STRING: km:x64_0x116_image_atikmpag.sys

FAILURE_ID_HASH: {83e844bc-fe68-2042-4230-7f5d3e90b48a}

---------

0: kd> lmvm atikmpag
start end module name
fffff880`070f5000 fffff880`07146000 atikmpag T (no symbols)
Timestamp: Thu Aug 18 07:04:46 2011 (4E4C6C36)
... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/366582-bsod-atikmpag-sys.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Good Day people at Tech Support Forum I have a BSOD problem which I need some help BSOD atikmpag.sys on My PC is about months old and the BSOD problem is as old as my PC is Brief Description of problem PC tend to crash randomly The BSOD atikmpag.sys screen hangs then turn black for about s then the BSOD shows up It crashed when I was watching some movies the screen showed BSOD but the audio of the movie continued playing non graphic intensive scene from Warcraft III DoTA and even watching videos on youtube Diagnostics done Ran the Prime stress test for over h without crashing Ran DMarkVantage and DMark and completed the benchmark testing without any problems hence the conclusion that it is not a hardware issue but a software issue do correct me if im wrong thx suspected culprit atikmpag sys Attempted Remedies Removal of Daemon Tools and Norton replaced it temporarily with Microsoft Security Essentials Reinstalling the CCC with the latest one available Using Drivesweeper to clean the older drivers followed by installing the graphics card driver without CCC PC in use OS - Windows bit x -bit or x lt --- i think this would be x right since im using bit What was original installed OS on system lt --- none it was custom built Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS lt --- as old as the PC have not re-installed the OS CPU intel core i CPU Video Card Powercolor Radeon HD MotherBoard Asus P P D-E Power Supply seasonic W modular series any help is sincerely appreciated thank you

All your crashes are virtually the same.
STOP 0x116: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR troubleshooting - Windows 7 Forums

Since you've already update the drivers, I would look at your GPU temps to make sure your card isn't overheating. Also make sure it is free of dust buildup. Use a program such as GPU-Z to monitor the temps
GPU-Z Video card GPU Information Utility

EDIT: Also to add. Powercooler is not a very good brand of video card from what I've heard. You could just have a poorly built video card

Code:
sptd.sys Sun Oct 11 16:55:14 2009 (4AD24632)
You said you've removed Daemon Tools, but did you run the SPTD removal tool? If you didn't please run it now. DuplexSecure

Code:
Rt64win7.sys Fri May 22 10:52:30 2009 (4A16BC2E)
Update your Realtek drivers -
Realtek

Code:
Event[2130]:
Log Name: System
Source: Disk
Date: 2011-05-23T23:32:10.949
Event ID: 11
Task: N/A
Level: Error
Opcode: N/A
Keyword: Classic
User: N/A
User Name: N/A
Computer: LEEHOME-PC
Description:
The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Harddisk1\DR1.
Run a hard drive scan usings SeaTools - SeaTools for Windows | Seagate - Both long and short tests

Please run these tests and report back the results
1. Memtest86 - Run for 7-8 passes - RAM - Test with Memtest86+ - Windows 7 Forums
2. Prime95 - Run all three tests for 3-4 hours each or until fail - CPU - Stress Test with Prime95 - Windows 7 Forums

BSOD BUGCHECK SUMMARY

Code:

Built by: 7601.17592.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.110408-1631
Debug session time: Sat May 21 10:34:57.335 2011 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:02:58.272
Probably caused by : atikmpag.sys ( atikmpag+745c )
BiosReleaseDate = 08/27/2010
SystemManufacturer = System manufacturer
CPUID: "Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU 870 @ 2.93GHz"
MaxSpeed: 2930
CurrentSpeed: 2942
Debug session time: Sat May 21 10:30:35.244 2011 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:02:19.166
Debug session time: Sat May 21 10:17:22.637 2011 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:01:38.574
Debug session time: Fri May 20 10:43:47.238 2011 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:25:59.175
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbol... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-atikmpag-sys-576965.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello guys.
I get blue screen error atikmpag.sys when i playing Tom Clancy Conviction the game.
I have Win 7 Ultimate Sp1 32 bit , video card : Ati Radeon HD 3800series ; 2gbram ; dual core proccesor e6750 ; motherboard Asrock P45X3 Deluxe
I tryed some many "fixes" , like :
Uninstall - Install latest ati video driver.
Uninstall and remove Daemon tools and sptd.
Uninstall and remove Antivirus Avast and install Nod32.
Uninstall Firewall Comodo.
Clean the registry with CCleaner.

Please help with this error , i read and try some many fixes from other forums and this error is not fixed.

Re a stop 0x116 BSOD.....

Quote:

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/227909-bsod-atikmpag-sys.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello forum I'm having a critical fault in my system but I can't pinpoint gt what lt causes it exactly When stressing the graphics card it tends to crash out and attempts to reset the display driver fails to BSOD My first idea of course was overheating but the temps seems to be in atikmpag BSOD order not just with the video card but with everything else no idea about psu though The pc is clean dust-free new thermal atikmpag BSOD paste has been applied this month The bsods seems to be getting more frequent for example atikmpag BSOD I can play for min then it bsods I attempt to play again boom another bsod in minutes or less Naturally I've tried to reinstall drivers old drivers newest drivers with and without catalyst memtest fresh windows updated bios older bios I'm frequently using ccleaner have active virus protection and not overclocking anything I've also tried eliminating daemon tools but it didn't help Here are my specs atm OS Windows Ultimate bit SP Proc Intel Pentium CPU GHz Mem Gb RAM GPU ATI Radeon HD XT HDD Maxtor B P ATA Device PSU was a Codegen W quot HardwareMurderer quot before lately replaced by a W spare noname PSU I can't afford anything better right now and here are the pics and the technicals BSOD Attempt to reset the display driver and recover from timeout failed STOP x x B x E E x x atikmpag sys - adress E E base at E F DateStamp ff d As you can see these pictures were made in january but the problem still persist since then I've applied new thermal paste that decreased the cpu and gpu temps Any advice is highly appreciated -Adam

A:atikmpag BSOD

Hi and welcome to TSF update or reinstall the graphics driver and get a better power supply it is most likely the biggest issue xfx or seasonic are best for quality

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/atikmpag-bsod-689823.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi,

I currently have a problem with my pc with any game i play atm, the pc is less then a year old.

On whocrashed the main error i receive is atikmpag.sys

It used to be this ntoskrnl.exe until i had to buy a new graphics card as the fans stoped working!

I just cant solve the issue

pleas help.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/391020-bsod-atikmpag-sys.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi,

I currently have a problem with my pc with any game i play atm, the pc is less then a year old.

On whocrashed the main error i receive is atikmpag.sys

It used to be this ntoskrnl.exe until i had to buy a new graphics card as the fans stoped working!

I just cant solve the issue

pleas help.

Please follow the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions and attach the resulting zip with your reply post.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/391020-bsod-atikmpag-sys.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi guys. My system's been acting up, like I mentioned in this other thread: Monitor switches off randomly

i was planning to get a new card but just havent gotten down to it. Today i was just using Internet Explorer when a BSOD happened, and the error code was as specified in the thread title. I'm using Windows 7 Professional 64-bit, AMD Athlon II X4 620 2.6Ghz, a 2-year old Powercolor Ati Radeon HD4870, an 8-year old Philips 107T CRT monitor, 4GB RAM, 600W power supply.

Please take a look at the attached files and kindly advise. Thank you.

A:BSOD 116 atikmpag.sys

Please help somebody. It happened again in the last 3 hours.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/204779-bsod-116-atikmpag-sys.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Long story short I've been having driver crashes quite often lately where my screen will freeze then go black and then come back to normal Whole process takes like - seconds On top of that I'm getting a BSOD atleast once a day very very annoying I think windows live messenger triggers it but I can't get it fixed I've tried downloading the latest drivers for my videocard but that didn't work I'm currently running this driver Here's the rest of the information you guys need I hope to hear from you soon OS - Vista Windows Windows x -bit or x bit What was original installed OS on system None self-built Is the OS an OEM version came pre-installed on system or full retail version YOU purchased it from retailer Pirated OEM with a legit serial from my personal BSOD atikmpag.sys MSDN account Age of system hardware year and a half ram is - months old Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS I'd say a month maybe max since I re-installed Windows CPU intel core i - Video Card XFX ATI HD MotherBoard ASRock P DE Power Supply - brand amp wattage OCZ SXS W System Manufacturer Me myself and I Exact model number if laptop check label on bottom

Quote:

STOP 0x116: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR troubleshooting - Windows 7 Forums

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/atikmpag-sys-bsod-638339.html
Relevancy 53.32%

OS - windows ultimate bit Age of system atikmpag.sys BSOD - pretty new less then a month Age of OS installation - same CPU - i - Video Card - ATI HD driver MotherBoard - GA P M UD just updated my bios Power Supply - Chieftec W it crashes in the windows log in screen relating the problem to atikmpag sys from the reliability history in windows Code Description A problem BSOD atikmpag.sys with your video hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly Problem signature Problem Event Name LiveKernelEvent OS Version Locale ID Files that help describe the problem WD- - dmp sysdata xml WERInternalMetadata xml View a temporary copy of these files BSOD atikmpag.sys Warning If a virus or other security threat caused the problem opening a copy of the files could harm your computer Extra information about the problem BCCode BCP FFFFFA A BCP FFFFF DA BCP BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Description A problem with your video hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly Problem signature Problem Event Name LiveKernelEvent OS Version Locale ID Files that help describe the problem WD- - - dmp sysdata xml WERInternalMetadata xml View a temporary copy of these files Warning If a virus or other security threat caused the problem opening a copy of the files could harm your computer Extra information about the problem BCCode BCP FFFFFA BCP FFFFF DA BCP BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Description A problem with your video hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly Problem signature Problem Event Name LiveKernelEvent OS Version Locale ID Files that help describe the problem WD- - dmp sysdata xml WERInternalMetadata xml View a temporary copy of these files Warning If a virus or other security threat caused the problem opening a copy of the files could harm your computer Extra information about the problem BCCode BCP FFFFFA BCP FFFFF A DEF BCP BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Description A problem with your video hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly Problem signature Problem Event Name LiveKernelEvent OS Version Locale ID Files that help describe the problem WD- - - dmp sysdata xml WERInternalMetadata xml View a temporary copy of these files Warning If a virus or other security threat caused the problem opening a copy of the files could harm your computer Extra information about the problem BCCode BCP FFFFFA DEA BCP FFFFF A DEF BCP BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Description A problem with your video hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly Problem signature Problem Event Name LiveKernelEvent OS Version Locale ID Files that help describe the problem WD- - dmp sysdata xml WERInternalMetadata xml View a temporary copy of these files Warning If a virus or other security threat caused the problem opening a copy of the files could harm your computer Extra information about the problem BCCode BCP FFFFFA F BCP FFFFF A FEF BCP BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Description A problem with your video hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly Problem signature Problem Event Name LiveKernelEvent OS Version Locale ID Files that help describe the problem WD- - - dmp sysdata xml WERInternalMetadata xml View a temporary copy of these files Warning If a virus or other security threat caused the problem opening a copy of the files could harm your computer Extra information about the problem BCCode BCP FFFFFA C BCP FFFFF A FEF BCP BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Description A problem with your video hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly Problem signature Problem Event Name LiveKernelEvent OS Version Locale ID Files that help describe the problem WD- - dmp sysdata xml WERInternalMetadata xml View a temporary copy of these files Warning If a virus or other security threat caused the problem opening a copy of the files could harm your computer Extra information about the problem BCCode BCP FFFFFA B E BCP FFFFF A EF BCP BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Description A problem with your video hardware... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-atikmpag-sys-464765.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello there,so i got this atikmpag.sys blue screen appers in my laptop after windows loading,so i can only run my laptop in safe mode.Getting really frustraited with this,if someone can help me.Tell me in more informations needed.
The exact BSOD i get.

Technical informations:
***STOPS:0x00000116(0xFFFFFA3006978010,0xFFFFF8800456FC58,0x000000000000000)
x000000000000002)
***atikmpag.sys-Adress FFFFF8800456FC58 base at FFFFF88004569000,Datestamp
4c2010ba

Thanks in advance.

Hello, telis13 and welcome to the Forums. I can try to help you with this, if I can. I realize you have an OEM Laptop and specs are not easy to find, but I would like you to put as detailed system specs as you can under the System specs at the lower left of your last post. It will help us help you. I specifically need to know in this case whether you have a discreet graphics card as well as the on CPU graphics, and whether your laptop uses switchable graphics. This is what I usually post for system specs and maybe it will help you.
Please fill out your System Specs

Information
Your System Specs will help us to help you, and doing it in this manner will make them available to all helpers in every post and keep us from hunting for them. We ask that you fill them out in as much detail as possible including Desktop or Laptop, Model number if it is an OEM computer and all components with the Manufacturer and Model number if possible.

If you will go to your last post and click the 'System Specs' in the bottom left of the post, you will find a link to update your system specs. Please fill those out in as much detail as possible, making sure to click save at the bottom of the page. If you would like to know what we would like, you can click 'My System Specs' at the bottom left of this post to see mine. If you do not know what your components are, this will help you accomplish this task. System Info - See Your System Specs

You have 2 dump files in your files you uploaded. From your description I would have thought I would see more than that. Please make sure your computer is configured for small memory dumps, this will tell you how. Dump Files - Configure Windows to Create on BSOD

Both dump files you have are, as you know, your graphics driver. Specifically :

Code:
VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (116)
Arguments:
Arg1: fffffa800440a010, Optional pointer to internal TDR recovery context (TDR_RECOVERY_CONTEXT).
Arg2: fffff88002e10c58, The pointer into responsible device driver module (e.g. owner tag).
Arg3: 0000000000000000, Optional error code (NTSTATUS) of the last failed operation.
A video TDR error means your graphics drivers crashed and did not recover in the time allotted, so Windows assumes a graphics failure and shuts down to protect any damage. They are particularly difficult to remedy in most cases. Hopefully, yours will be one of the easy ones. We will hope so anyway.

this is your Graphics driver details.

Code:
atikmpag
start end module name
fffff880`02e24000 fffff880`02e6a000 atikmpag T (no symbols)
Timestamp: Mon Jun 21 20:24:10 2010 (4C2010BA)
CheckSum: 0004632B
ImageSize: 00046000
You will notice the date of the driver is quite old. Please update your driver from the HP website, if they have more recent drivers. Please let me know if you have any better results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/353435-atikmpag-sys-bsod.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate, 64 bit
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6000+, AMD64 Family 15 Model 107 Stepping 2
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 7167 Mb
Graphics Card: Standard VGA Graphics Adapter, 1024 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 199999 MB, Free - 107015 MB; D: Total - 99999 MB, Free - 18980 MB; F: Total - 276936 MB, Free - 13408 MB; G: Total - 99999 MB, Free - 30205 MB; H: Total - 105241 MB, Free - 6263 MB; J: Total - 476936 MB, Free - 218031 MB;
Motherboard: ASUSTeK Computer INC., M3A78
Antivirus: Kaspersky Internet Security, Updated and Enabled

I've just change new graphic card using gigabyte HD7750. Whenever I start my pc after windows boot screen i've got the BSOD that tell atikmpag.sys error. I only can get into windows after i restart from the BSOD. Can someone help please?

Relevancy 53.32%

Windows ATIKMPAG.sys BSOD Premium Bit ASUS MA VM HDMI ATIKMPAG.sys BSOD AMD Athalon X Dual Core GHz ATI XT GIG DDR Ram Cool Master GX w ps Pretty much stuck and I've tried a lot to get this working I recently upgraded to windows through the academic program and knew that my GIG of ram would run windows but I wanted to get more About weeks ago I ordered GIG of ram that was compatible with ATIKMPAG.sys BSOD my current system but when I installed the ram and booted it up just after the splash screen I get a ATIKMPAG sys error saying that the video card drivers have failed to load I have tested the memory and it is fine I've ran the memory in another system and it worked fine there as ATIKMPAG.sys BSOD well It seems any time I exceed GIG of memory I get that BSOD I've pretty much isolated it down to just being the ATI drivers since I can go into safe mode uninstall the drivers reboot and windows into windows with the GIG of memory installed but when I have to restart even with fresh ATI drivers I get the same BSOD Any help would be appreciated in trying to fix this it just seems really odd to me that something as simple as more ram is causing this issue

A:ATIKMPAG.sys BSOD

Quote: Originally Posted by Jankey

Windows 7 Premium 64 Bit
ASUS MA2 VM HDMI
AMD Athalon 64 [email protected] Dual Core 6000+ 3.00 GHz
ATI 2600 XT
3 GIG DDR 2 Ram
Cool Master GX 650w ps
Pretty much stuck and I've tried a lot to get this working. I recently upgraded to windows 7 through the academic program and knew that my 2 GIG of ram would run windows 7 but I wanted to get more. About 2 weeks ago I ordered 4 GIG of ram that was compatible with my current system, but when I installed the ram and booted it up just after the splash screen I get a ATIKMPAG.sys error saying that the video card drivers have failed to load. I have tested the memory and it is fine I've ran the memory in another system and it worked fine there as well. It seems any time I exceed 3 GIG of memory I get that BSOD. I've pretty much isolated it down to just being the ATI drivers, since I can go into safe mode uninstall the drivers reboot and windows into windows with the 6 GIG of memory installed, but when I have to restart even with fresh ATI drivers I get the same BSOD.

Any help would be appreciated in trying to fix this, it just seems really odd to me that something as simple as more ram is causing this issue.

If you wish to have others assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder. The procedure:

* Zip up the copy.
* Start your own thread in the appropriate section of the forum and attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
* Briefly describe the problem history and circumstances in the same post. Somebody will attend to your query as soon as possible.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/120154-atikmpag-sys-bsod.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello, i was playing games on my PC when suddenly i got a BSOD. I rebooted the computer and as soon as i logged in i got BSOD.

I attached a log from the DM log collector, if that helps you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/394612-bsod-atikmpag-sys.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I just formatted and reinstalled windows 7 on my rig because I changed my mobo and cpu and I've been having random BSOD every hour or so since.

I've been trying to fix the problem myself for the past few days, have tried many different fixes but I'm starting to discover that there are a lot of things that can trigger the ATIKMPAG BSOD so I turn to the experts.

Cheers guys

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/385443-atikmpag-bsod.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I have a BSOD on atikmpag.sys.

I read another thread on this forum, but I don't know if my symptoms are the same. There was a hex code reported in the other thread, and I couldn't find that anywhere in my listings. I was viewing the report from Dell's PC-Doctor program, so maybe that didn't show this hex number.

I ran the program you suggest (name?) and I'm uploading it for review.

Thanks,

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/394592-bsod-atikmpag-sys.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Windows 7 . . . 32-bit
not genuine
pre installed
haven't reinstalled it

When I install Catalyst Control Center and drivers for my graphic card, I get BSOD when I restart my computer.
What should I do?
Thanks
Attachment 215534 - isn't this the dmp file???

RAM - 2,00 GB
32-bit
3.00GHz Intel Core2Duo CPU
ATI Radeon HD 3800 series

thank you

Not all information was included in the report. No .dmp files were present, making it very difficult to debug the crashes. Please follow the instructions again.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/233862-bsod-atikmpag-sys.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Windows 7 Professional x64
was running windows xp sp 2
full retail version
system hardware is 2 years old, some items are less than 6 months (hard drive/dvdrw/ps)
Upgraded to Windows 7 2 months ago

Trying to install more ram, every time I go over 3 gig of memory I get the atikmpag.sys bsod just after the splash screen and the system restarts. If I run 3 gig or lower the system starts fine.

Quote: Originally Posted by Jankey

Windows 7 Professional x64
was running windows xp sp 2
full retail version
system hardware is 2 years old, some items are less than 6 months (hard drive/dvdrw/ps)
Upgraded to Windows 7 2 months ago

Trying to install more ram, every time I go over 3 gig of memory I get the atikmpag.sys bsod just after the splash screen and the system restarts. If I run 3 gig or lower the system starts fine.

Where to start?

1-ASACPI.sys
ASACPI.sys Sun Mar 27 22:30:36 2005

Quote:
The 2005 version of this driver is a known BSOD cause.
Please visit this link: ASUSTeK Computer Inc.-Support- download_item_mkt
Scroll down to the Utilities category, then scroll down to the "ATK0110 driver for WindowsXP/Vista/Windows 7 32&64-bit " (it's about the 8th item down).
Download and install it.
Go to C:\Windows\System32\drivers to check and make sure that the ASACPI.sys file is date stamped from 2009 or 2010 (NOT 2005).

2- Most of these were caused by your video driver.(10 of 15)

Code:
BugCheck 116, {fffffa8007505010, fffff88003a8bf94, 0, 2}

Probably caused by : atikmpag.sys ( atikmpag+6f94 )
When upgrading your graphic driver you MUST remove all traces of the current driver. In order to do that we recommend using Guru3D - Driver Sweeper

When it is removed then download and install the fresh copy.

3-Your Avast needs to be removed and replaced with MSE
http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/

4-run a system file check

SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

Let us know if you need further assistance

ken J

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/120166-bsod-atikmpag-sys.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello dear analysts. That BSOD came out of nowhere and now giving me hell. I tried everything on the internet, nothing came out. Formatted my windows, nothing again. I need your help...

OS - Vista/ Windows 7 ; Windows 7 x64
? x86 (32-bit) or x64 ? x64
? What was original installed OS on system? Windows 7
? Is the OS an OEM version (came pre-installed on system) or full retail version (YOU purchased it from retailer)? Full Retail
? Age of system (hardware) 1.5 years
? Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS? Today

? CPU ;QuadCore Intel Core i5-750, 2.67 Ghz
? Video Card ; HIS Ati Radeon HD 4890
? MotherBoard ; Asus P7P55D LE
? Power Supply - brand & wattage ; High Power 600W

If it's persistent beyond reinstalling of Windows, then either the drivers you are using for the graphics card are bad, or (most likely) the graphics card itself is bad.

Issue from your crashdumps each show TDR failure, in which the graphics drivers failed to respond to DirectX for a certain period of time and therefore the PC reset the drivers and the card. This has to happen several times in a short time frame before the system decides to give up and crash. Most likely in this case your graphics drivers are not responding because its waiting on your GPU, which should not happen. It would mean your GPU has buggered out.

Check temps for your GPU, as well as voltages using HWInfo (though voltage readouts are more accurate on your BIOS if it has em). If you have your GPU overclocked, reset to factory defaults. Check GPU fan to confirm it's clean and that it's running properly. If all this doesn't help, then most likely your GPU just puttered out.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/atikmpag-sys-bsod-602146.html
Relevancy 53.32%

hi

i have problem when start up windows,
in attachment is zip file

thanks

You have a DELL PID on a Toshiba machine, this means your installation is counterfeit.
Code:
Host Name: PEDJA-PC
OS Name: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
OS Version: 6.1.7600 N/A Build 7600
OS Manufacturer: Microsoft Corporation
OS Configuration: Standalone Workstation
OS Build Type: Multiprocessor Free
Registered Owner: Pedja
Registered Organization:
Product ID: 00426-OEM-8992662-00400 ---> DELL PID
Original Install Date: 28.1.2015, 5:46:10
System Boot Time: 21.6.2015, 14:46:14
System Manufacturer: TOSHIBA
System Model: Satellite C660
System Type: x64-based PC
Counterfeit installations such as yours can contain heavily modified code that can cause the installation to behave it unexpected ways. Analysing BSODs and determining their causes on these sorts of installations is completely unreliable, and for this reason most analysts won't attempt it.

My recommendation is to install a genuine copy of Windows 7. This will minimise the problems you are experiencing and make subsequent diagnosis of BSODs far more reliable. Once you are running a genuine Windows 7 installation and are still experiencing BSODs, upload your new logs we will be happy to help you solve them.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/373454-bsod-atikmpag-sys.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello Recently i bought new PC i msi B m-G x GB G-skill cl RAM AMD R x atikmpag.sys BSOD MSi gaming CM G m PSU It was like months ago and there were no issues whatsoever Games ran flawlessly etc days ago i decided BSOD atikmpag.sys i want to play some Witcher so i downloaded it from Steam and wanted to play In the beginning of playing in loading Witcher crashed not responding so i turned it off and turn again without any issue I played in like minutes to see is its working or has to be re-installed or something When i closed the game and went to desktop some weird arifacts went all over my screen and after few seconds it BSOD From that time i cant play benchmark anything bcos of those BSOD's Today i ran hour loop of unigne valley at max settings GPU usage but the temperature was steady C When i quit benchmark and went to desktop it BSOD again Temperatures of stress testing CPU C GPU C I uploaded dmp file so you can see what is that PLEASE HELP ME Edit I forgot to mention that i checked my GPU drivers and tried of them latest latest beta last and no fix appeared still got BSOD I checked other SSD installed whole system drivers and ungine valley It was pure new system and it BSOD the same as last time Zippyshare com - Dump rar

Can you upload the logs directly to the forum please.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/337027-bsod-atikmpag-sys.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi Guys, I really need help here

I got this BSOD for a month now, I already try everything as I could to repair it but still its not working..
I hope u guys can help me or i will sell this lactop... I use ASUS K45DR with AMD graphics card HD7640G +HD7400M.

Hello, thekillerz2. There is not much info in your dump files other than

Code:
VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (116)
Arguments:
Arg1: fffffa800aa13010, Optional pointer to internal TDR recovery context (TDR_RECOVERY_CONTEXT).
Arg2: fffff88003b029d8, The pointer into responsible device driver module (e.g. owner tag).
The code you are getting (116) is always a graphics card/driver problem. This particular one is a TDR error, meaning the drivers crashed but did not recover in time. It is pretty common with Laptops with switchable graphics. This is the driver you are using now.

Code:
atikmpag
start end module name
fffff880`03f23000 fffff880`03f78000 atikmpag T (no symbols)
Timestamp: Thu Jan 26 16:52:42 2012 (4F21D93A)
CheckSum: 0005D67D
ImageSize: 00055000
Please go to Asus web site for your Model Laptop and update your driver to a more recent one.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/369904-bsod-atikmpag-sys.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello I am new here but I have BSOD atikmpag.sys come with a problem that has been bugging me for the last week or so I atikmpag.sys BSOD bought a brand new PC about a month ago I normally build my own computers myself however this computer was on sale and was great for its price Its a Acer Predator G with AMD vid card The specs from TSG are Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card AMD Radeon HD Series Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Z Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Acer Predator G Antivirus avast Antivirus Updated and Enabled Now my problem is that when I boot up the computer and log into windows there seems to be a random chance that my displays will just start flicking and then after seconds I get a BSOD with the error of atikmpag sys If the computer doesn t blue screen everything works fine I can play Battlefield on high graphics like all day and not a single problem will occur I have attached all the minidumps from when it began up until today s latest one and was wondering if anyone could help me with my problem I have tried uninstalling my display drivers and the Catalyst Control Center and reinstalling it but that didn t seem to work If anyone can provide some help that would be wonderful Thank you For your time nbsp

Relevancy 53.32%

Hi guys,

Recently i've been hit by ATIKMPAG.sys BSOD at random timing. It is fairly rare and occurs once every 2 weeks or so. Starting from July to now, I have only seen it twice. ( It does occurs when I am just browsing the internet without running any games.)

A:ATIKMPAG.sys BSOD

here is what i have on 0x116 errors:
STOP 0x00000116: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR (go to top of page)
Usual causes: Video driver, overheating, bad video card, ?BIOS, ?Power to card

check your graphics drivers, temps in the GPU and bios, also consider trying another person's card in case it is a failing GPU.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/378240-atikmpag-sys-bsod.html
Relevancy 52.46%

After starting the laptop, works well for 5 minutes, then begins to freeze and reboot.
View image: 11997023 752210061555418 1656944480 n

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/380979-bsod-error-atikmpag-sys.html
Relevancy 52.46%

May not be the smartest tool in the shed, but I have "some" skills.

Graphic Card: ATI Radeon HD 4870x2
Current Drivers: 8.702.0.0 2/2/2010

Problem:
Since updating drivers back in October and several updates to date, I have been getting BSOD periodically. My machine will now not boot to desktop w/o BSOD. I get the MS marque with status bar then nothing. I'm currently running in safe mode with network.

Questions:

1. Is the problem drivers?
2. Is the problem overheating? (I've taken the cover off so I don't think it's heating)
3. Is the graphic card shot?

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

-=Duane=-

A:Solved: atikmpag.sys BSOD

is this solved? where is the solution?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-atikmpag-sys-bsod.916022/
Relevancy 52.46%

windows home x -full retail hardware about a year old Processor AMD phenom quad core Motherboard MSI MS- Memory gb DDR hz Graphics ATI Radeon HD Soundcard Creative SB Audigy hey i know there are many other forums about this type of BSOD and fixes. after other no joy BSOD atikmpag.sys trying after trying all the suggested fixes i have found i still have no luck i have tried rolling back drivers memory tests passed stress tested the graphics card passed Nothing seems to work Generally without running games my computer doesnt experiance this crash but when trying to play games my computer screen will freeze but sound will continue for a few seconds and then BSOD This seems to be after a random time aswell as i can sometimes play for a few hours before a BSOD and others its been only - BSOD atikmpag.sys no joy after trying other fixes. mins before BSOD Latest game ive been playing regulary is World of Warcraft Will attach dump files any help would be much appreciated or anyone know of any fixes that actually work Thanks

A:BSOD atikmpag.sys no joy after trying other fixes.

Basically this is a sign of a defective graphic card, RMA it it is still under warranty

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/160312-bsod-atikmpag-sys-no-joy-after-trying-other-fixes.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello,

I have had my new system for about a week now, so far it's been performing rather decently. I didn't have any crashes up until this particular one, granted I had only been playing League of Legends up until this point. Yesterday I booted up Shogun 2 Total War and I immediately got a distorted screen followed up by a BOSD.

I have attached the dump file. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Really wary of it all due to a new system and I have had my worries about the assembly/testing procedure that was supposedly done on the system.

I have also kept a watch on the temperatures using HWmonitor but I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary there.

Thanks!

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/392530-bsod-atikmpag-sys-new-system.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello!

I've been getting BSODs everytime I start my laptop, when Catalyst Control Center launches.
I reinstalled windows and everything, tried multiple times to reinstall my drivers, with different versions (I'm using leshcatlabs unifl packed drivers, which worked really great until 4 days ago). Nothing changed, still getting BSODs. I uninstalled the AMD graphic card so I can still use my PC, using only the integrated Intel HD 4000 card for the time being.
First BSOD was 4 days ago, I tried to launch Diablo 3, got black screens and strange colors on the game, so I reboot, and then the BSODs happened.
It might be overheating, since it was a hot day, and my laptop is really hot when I'm playing, but I'm not sure.
I bought a cooling pad, I'll probably get it next week-end, might as well bring the computer to a pro so he can clean the inside.

If you guys could help me, that'd be great, thanks!

TORIYAKI-PC-04_09_2015_132930,47.zip

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/380447-bsod-when-ccc-booting-atikmpag-sys.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Evening - - BSoD Atikmpag.sys Windows 7 Fellow Geeks and Geekettes I have been recently having some problems with my graphics card and the driver for it Atilmpag sys Every now and then my machine refuses to start up and displays a BSoD stating the driver above I have tried to reinstall it and earlier versions BSoD - Windows 7 - Atikmpag.sys of the Catalyst Control Center but to no BSoD - Windows 7 - Atikmpag.sys avail Sometimes my machine boots up as expected but then crashes freezes on me which means I have to hard reset my machine Any help would be greatly appreciated as my own personal research has failed me Thanks in advance Nytram Computer Specification CPU AMD Phenom II X OC'd Ghz BSoD - Windows 7 - Atikmpag.sys Ram x GB DDR Corsair Unbuffered Mobo Gigabyte GA-MA FXT-UD P PSU Zalman W Could be W but I forget GPU Ati Radeon HD x OS Windows x Professional Retail DVD LG Blu-Ray RW Keyboard Razer Tarrachula Mouse Razer Copperhead I have ran Avast Antivirus Maleware-bytes Anti Malware Spybot S amp D HiJackThis and have found no problems I Have had to delete the Atikmpag sys file in safe mode in order for my machine to start up perfom report states I dont have a GPU Driver Obviously If I have missed a file in my rar I do apologise I have tried to follow the quot Please read first quot post the best I can

A:BSoD - Windows 7 - Atikmpag.sys

I presume I have either a) Missed a part of my "Follow these instructions" or b) No one knows?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-windows-7-atikmpag-sys-499076.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Sorry bout not knowing whether its atikmdag.sys or atikmpag.sys

A:BSOD, atikmdag.sys or atikmpag.sys

You old ATI driver is the cause, please update it
ATI Radeon

Code:
atikmdag.sys atikmdag.sys+12694 fffff880`04871000 fffff880`04eac000 0x0063b000 0x4acc17f9 07/10/2009 08:24:25
Bugcheck 116 is mainly caused by defective GPU/RAM

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 116, {fffffa800456e010, fffff88004883694, 0, 2}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atikmdag.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmdag.sys
Probably caused by : atikmdag.sys ( atikmdag+12694 )
VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (116)
Arguments:
Arg1: fffffa800456e010, Optional pointer to internal TDR recovery context (TDR_RECOVERY_CONTEXT).
Arg2: fffff88004883694, The pointer into responsible device driver module (e.g. owner tag).

Debugging Details:
------------------
FAULTING_IP:
atikmdag+12694
fffff880`04883694 48895c2408 mov qword ptr [rsp+8],rbx

PROCESS_NAME: csrss.exe

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`09d1a2e8 fffff880`04f08ef8 : 00000000`00000116 fffffa80`0456e010 fffff880`04883694 00000000`00000000 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`09d1a2f0 fffff880`04f08c02 : fffff880`04883694 fffffa80`0456e010 fffffa80`06087d50 fffffa80`06477410 : dxgkrnl!TdrBugcheckOnTimeout+0xec
fffff880`09d1a330 fffff880`04faff07 : fffffa80`0456e010 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`06087d50 fffffa80`06477410 : dxgkrnl!TdrIsRecoveryRequired+0x1a2
fffff880`09d1a360 fffff880`04fddd7e : fffffa80`ffffffff 00000000`000182ed fffff880`09d1a4b0 00000000`00000000 : dxgmms1!VidSchiReportHwHang+0x40b
fffff880`09d1a440 fffff880`04fc3bb1 : fffffa80`0655f000 ffffffff`feced300 00000000`00000000 fffff880`09d1a5f0 : dxgmms1!VidSchWaitForCompletionEvent+0x196
fffff880`09d1a480 fffff880`04fc6aaf : 00000000`00036b6c 00000000`00000000 fffff880`09d1a5f0 fffff8a0`08578e50 : dxgmms1!VIDMM_GLOBAL::xWaitForAllEngines+0x1e9
fffff880`09d1a580 fffff880`04fc2c28 : fffff8a0`08578e50 00000000`00000001 fffffa80`0655f000 fffff880`09d1a5f0 : dxgmms1!VIDMM_GLOBAL::SetupForBuildPagingBuffer+0xd7
fffff880`09d1a5c0 fffff880`04fc2bc3 : fffff8a0`08578e50 fffff8a0`08578f08 00000000`00000001 fffff8a0`08578e50 : dxgmms1!VIDMM_GLOBAL::FillAllocationInternal+0x34
fffff880`09d1a750 fffff880`04fcf029 : 00000000`00000000 fffff8a0`08578e50 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : dxgmms1!VIDMM_GLOBAL::FillAllocation+0x15f
fffff880`09d1a7c0 fffff880`04fc426b : fffffa80`0609c870 fffff8a0`08578e50 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : dxgmms1!VIDMM_MEMORY_SEGMENT::CommitResource+0xb5
fffff880`09d1a8a0 fffff880`04fbfa8f : fffff8a0`08578e50 fffff8a0`08578e50 fffffa80`0655f000 fffffa80`0724b6a0 : dxgmms1!VIDMM_GLOBAL::AllocateResourceForPinnedAllocation+0x21b
fffff880`09d1a920 fffff880`04fbf38f : fffff880`09d1ac78 fffff800`02bf34d3 fffff880`09d1abf0 fffff880`09d1ac88 : dxgmms1!VIDMM_GLOBAL::ProcessDeferredCommand+0x19f
fffff880`09d1aa40 fffff880`04fd9231 : 00000000`00000001 fffff880`04fab0d4 fffffa80`0609a900 fffffa80`0609a900 : dxgmms1!VidMmiProcessSystemCommand+0x23
fffff880`09d1aa70 fffff880`04fd83bc : fffff880`09d1abd0 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`03d08530 00000000`00000001 : dxgmms1!VidSchiSubmitSystemCommand+0x39
fffff880`09d1aaa0 fffff880`04faa77a : 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`0609a900 fffffa80... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/158407-bsod-atikmdag-sys-atikmpag-sys.html
Relevancy 52.46%

System Specs OS Windows Home Premium x x What was original installed OS on system Vista Home Premium Is the OS an OEM version yes Age of system months Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS yes upgraded days ago because of slow startup occasional BSOD CPU i Video Card x Asus EAH DK CROSSFIRE not overclocked MotherBoard Asus P T Power Supply - brand amp wattage Gigagbyte Odin W Modular PSU Installed Win weeks ago as new install no old settings retained Now getting regular BSOD after approx week One would naturally suspect the overclock but it is the same crash atikmpag.sys BSOD Win 7 64bit almost every time atikmpag sys This happens even atikmpag.sys BSOD Win 7 64bit if the video cards are not running in crossfire Most of the crashes have occurred while playing Oblivion with a number of mods loaded so I had thought Oblivion was causing the crashes but the last one happened shortly after startup while reading email Thanks for looking at this for me Rob

A:atikmpag.sys BSOD Win 7 64bit

Hi -

All 8 BSODs had the same bugcheck -

0x116 = Video TDR Timeout; probable cause = ATI

This 2005 Asus ATK0110 mobo utility driver has brought many Windows 7 systems down - BSODs - update it ASAP -

Code:

ASACPI.sys Sun Mar 27 22:30:36 2005 (42476C4C)

Asus Support --> http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx

Slideshow for asio.sys update; scroll down Asus site and look for ATK0110 --> http://cid-e5d03c221cac693f.skydrive...0updates?ref=1

Update Realtek NIC -

Code:

Rt64win7.sys Sat Dec 19 04:11:30 2009 (4B2C98C2)

Realtek drivers --> http://www.realtek.com/downloads/dow...&GetDown=false

Remove Trend Micro Internet Security -
http://esupport.trendmicro.com/Pages...n-my-comp.aspx

http://esupport.trendmicro.com/suppo...tID=EN-1037161

Re-boot unpon completion. Install MSE.

MSE --> http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/

If BSODs persist, run the Driver Verifier -- http://jcgriff2.com/driver_verifier.htm

Windbg Logs
--> http://jcgriff2.net/BSOD_Logs/_99-db..._jcgriff2_.txt
--> http://jcgriff2.net/BSOD_Logs/_99-db...riff2_.txt.zip

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

BSOD BUGCHECK SUMMARY

Code:

Built by: 7600.16617.amd64fre.win7_gdr.100618-1621
Debug session time: Fri Sep 24 05:51:16.173 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:04:31.485
Probably caused by : atikmpag.sys ( atikmpag+6c80 )
PROCESS_NAME: csrss.exe
Bugcheck code 00000116
Arguments fffffa80`055a44e0 fffff880`03e45c80 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000002
Debug session time: Thu Sep 23 00:24:20.891 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 6:24:45.203
Probably caused by : atikmpag.sys ( atikmpag+6c80 )
Bugcheck code 00000116
Arguments fffffa80`0ae29110 fffff880`03e14c80 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000002
Debug session time: Wed Sep 22 03:44:08.928 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:54:35.865
Probably caused by : atikmpag.sys ( atikmpag+6dcc )
Bugcheck code 00000116
Arguments fffffa80`0b1284e0 fffff880`0402bdcc 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000002
Debug session time: Wed Sep 22 02:49:42.565 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:00:09.502
Probably caused by : hardware
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x124_GenuineIntel
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT
Bugcheck code 00000124
Arguments 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`0691d748 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000
Debug session time: Tue Sep 21 02:48:43.172 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 6:21:12.483
PROCESS_NAME... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/atikmpag-sys-bsod-win-7-64bit-516838.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello Every time I try to use my pc even if I'm playing or doing anything at all the screen will turn pitch black and then the blue screen of death appears It says quot Attempt to reset the display driver and recover from timeout fail quot as you can see below My gpu is AMD BSOD, atikmpag.sys Random Radeon HD Series I tried reinstalling the drivers but that didn't work I also tried to fix the problem by following the instructions in the following post atikmdag sys error BSOD on startup Solved - Graphics Cards - Graphics Cards It did not work out because I still have BSOD The BSOD appears at any time normally when I'm playing any game Please help Full system specs Microsoft Windows Home Premium x -based PC Intel R Random BSOD, atikmpag.sys Core TM i - CPU GHz Mhz Core s Logical Processor s gb Ram DDR BSOD Attempt to reset the display driver and recover from timeout fail STOP X XFFFFFA DF E XFFFFF A E X X atikmpag sys - Address FFFFF A E base at FFFFF D DateStamp c If you need more information just let me know

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/390769-random-bsod-atikmpag-sys.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi all, Sorry to be a bother, but I've been breaking my head trying to resolve this issue for the past day. I am using a Sony VIAO SVE151G13W laptop which suddenly blacked out and went to a BSOD after exiting a game I was playing. I restarted it and was given the message that "VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE atikmpag.sys" was the culprit. Have looked up on google for solutions, have tried to uninstall driver and reinstall but I get another BSOD. The only ways I can boot is through safe mode or by disabling the AMD ATI display driver in safe mode and restarting in normal mode. If someone could please kindly look into my problem, it would be much appreciated. I'm hoping that it won't be any hardware problem, fingers crossed .

Attached is the result of the dm_log_collector as given in the guidelines.
AYUT-01-10-2015_195726_08.zip

A:BSOD - video_tdr_failure atikmpag.sys

Hi lyokun,

Welcome to the 8forums.

Please visit Windows Update and install every update available, it may take a couple of times to get them all.

Your AMD Raeon HD 7500M/7600M device is disabled, this could cause the crash.
Please enable your GPU.

Daemon tools, Alcohol 120% and Power Archiver Pro uses SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD), which is a well known cause for BSOD's.
Please remove Daemon Tools and run the SPTD pass through remover.
Uninstall Daemon ToolsDownload the SPTD standalone installer and follow these steps:
Double click the executable to open itClick on the button shown below
If the button is grayed out, like in the image, there is no more SPTD installation on your system, and you can close the window.

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/71345-bsod-video_tdr_failure-atikmpag-sys.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello I have Lenovo Ideapad Y which runs Windows Home Premium bit edition It has ATI Raedon HD graphics card Whenever I try to view youtube videos bit atikmpag.sys Windows 64 7 BSOD I get bluescreen with atikmpag sys error I am herewith attaching the BSOD Windows 7 64 bit atikmpag.sys minidump files for your reference It seems to me the problem related to graphics driver I updated graphics driver but BSOD Windows 7 64 bit atikmpag.sys it hasn't yet resolved the issue Please look into the minidump files and suggest a solution for the problem Thanks in advance P S Short description of the error is as below Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode BCP FFFFFA D F BCP FFFFF AA BCP BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users SNEHAL AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml Read our privacy statement online Windows Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows If the online privacy statement is not available please read our privacy statement offline C windows system en-US erofflps txt

A:BSOD Windows 7 64 bit atikmpag.sys

Please provide this information: http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ta-452654.html

Please follow the troubleshooting steps from here while waiting for a reply: STOP 0x116: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR troubleshooting - Windows 7 Forums

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-windows-7-64-bit-atikmpag-sys-589823.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi all, I'm new of this forum, I hope you will help me to solve this issue. Sorry for my english
I start my laptop and after the win logo i got this BSOD. Then I can go only in safe mode, if i click run windows normally the pc reboots and i got the same BSOD.
I've tried to delete the old graphic drivers with DDU and install the new ones from AMD site for my ati mobility radeon hd 5650 but i got the same issue.
Should i install the Crimson beta driver? I red in a post that the issue is caused by daemon tools or not?
Thanks in advance, Luigi.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/396224-bsod-0x00000116-atikmpag-sys.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi, I was using Mozilla Firefox when my laptop's screen start to flicker then I got BSOD (atikmpag.sys). Now whenever I boot my laptop it will get the BSOD unless I access safemode and disable graphic drivers. Another problem is there is blue strips in between my screen now.

Solution that I have tried:

1) Reinstall amd graphics drivers (Tried three different version: lastest, 2014, and 2013). So the driver version should not be the cause of this BSOD.

2) The expand.exe method with both atikmdag.sys and atikmpag.sys

3) Reinstall OS (Was using windows 10, installed window 7).

4) Updated BIOS.

At this point, I am thinking it might be hardware issue. Appreciate your help a lot.
Attached is the report of the BSOD. Thank you.
JOHN-PC-Tue_11_03_2015__03747_88.zip

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/384870-bsod-when-startup-atikmpag-sys.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Good day I've got a -yr old laptop When I got home last night my brother said he couldn't play Skyrim cause it kept getting BSOD Earlier that day I was able to use it without any problems I booted the laptop and got a BSOD that says I've got an atikmpag sys error the display driver didn't load correctly Things I did I loaded Safe Mode error BSOD atikmpag.sys and scanned for viruses found nothing Looked if the file existed I found it I tried the Last Known Configuration but it only worked once Later on I kept getting BSOD My graphics drivers are up-to-date I uninstalled it and then let Windows install the drivers After letting it restart by itself I was able to BSOD atikmpag.sys error reach the desktop I decided to restart it just to check if it will boot without any problems it got BSOD again Right now I'm able to run my laptop with the graphics driver disabled I've only disabled the Mobile Intel HD Graphics but when I boot the laptop I get a problem with my AMD Radeon HD M It says that either I don't have it installed or it's not up-to-date I've read that it's either a driver problem or my hardware got fried If anyone can tell me where to look and how I'll know if the video card's broken please do It's a Dell Inspiron N Thank you

A:BSOD atikmpag.sys error

Update your display driver from Dell. It is too old.

Let us know about any BSOD after updating it.

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 116, {fffffa800956d010, fffff880040078f0, 0, 2}

Probably caused by : atikmpag.sys ( atikmpag+78f0 )

---------

2: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (116)
Arguments:
Arg1: fffffa800956d010, Optional pointer to internal TDR recovery context (TDR_RECOVERY_CONTEXT).
Arg2: fffff880040078f0, The pointer into responsible device driver module (e.g. owner tag).

Debugging Details:
------------------
FAULTING_IP:
atikmpag+78f0
fffff880`040078f0 4883ec28 sub rsp,28h

ANALYSIS_VERSION: 6.3.9600.16384 (debuggers(dbg).130821-1623) amd64fre

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`06fc7888 fffff880`052ea140 : 00000000`00000116 fffffa80`0956d010 fffff880`040078f0 00000000`00000000 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`06fc7890 fffff880`052e9e4a : fffff880`040078f0 fffffa80`0956d010 fffffa80`08ce9d50 fffffa80`08e55410 : dxgkrnl!TdrBugcheckOnTimeout+0xec
fffff880`06fc78d0 fffff880`05390f13 : fffffa80`0956d010 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`08ce9d50 fffffa80`08e55410 : dxgkrnl!TdrIsRecoveryRequired+0x1a2
fffff880`06fc7900 fffff880`053bacf1 : 00000000`ffffffff 00000000`00000cf7 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000002 : dxgmms1!VidSchiReportHwHang+0x40b
fffff880`06fc79e0 fffff880`053b9437 : 00000000`00000102 00000000`00000007 00000000`00000cf7 00000000`00000000 : dxgmms1!VidSchiCheckHwProgress+0x71
fffff880`06fc7a10 fffff880`0538c2d2 : ffffffff`ff676980 fffffa80`08e55410 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : dxgmms1!VidSchiWaitForSchedulerEvents+0x1fb
fffff880`06fc7ab0 fffff880`053b8ff6 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`0000000f 00000000`00000080 fffffa80`07e50858 : dxgmms1!VidSchiScheduleCommandToRun+0x1da
fffff880`06fc7bc0 fffff800`04f622ea : 00000000`0287e85a fffffa80`08cedb50 fffffa80`06a1b5f0 fffffa80`08cedb50 : dxgmms1!VidSchiWorkerThread+0xba
fffff880`06fc7c00 fffff800`04cb68e6 : fffff880`02fd7180 fffffa80`08cedb50 fffff880`02fe1fc0 fffff880`00000003 : nt!PspSystemThreadStartup+0x5a
fffff880`06fc7c40 00000000`00000000 : fffff880`06fc8000 fffff880`06fc2000 fffff880`075a3d70 00000000`00000000 : nt!KxStartSystemThread+0x16

FOLLOWUP_IP:
atikmpag+78f0
fffff880`040078f0 4883ec28 sub rsp,28h

SYMBOL_NAME: atikmpag+78f0

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 4edd79fe

FAILURE_ID_HASH: {83e844bc-fe68-2042-4230-7f5d3e9... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/324885-bsod-atikmpag-sys-error.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi Everybody As you see in the title of my post i have BSOD problem I see this blue screen --- gt PICTURE Let me describe my problem to give you more details what happens -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- MY LAPTOP Lenovo G HM chipset CPU Intel Core i m After UPGRADE TB Seagate x GB Samsung Memory I have Grub MULTIBoot with Windows SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (atikmpag.sys) BSOD PRO x Windows SP ULTIMATE x Ultimate Edition Linux x Kali Linux x Android rc x -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I download new amd drivers for my hydrid intel hd m amd radeom HD m So I update it for windows SP Ultimate x and everything ok After i install it for windows Pro x but BSOD problem appears when i go to turn off my laptop BEFORE i update my new drivers i have another problem in device manager BSOD SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (atikmpag.sys) list It appears a fake device with code problem or i remember After google search i found that was registry problem So i solve it My display adapter devices did not have problem BUT Before all this i was made a big mistake I install DRIVER PACK solution and i update all drivers that recomment it to me Now i cannot uninstall Driver Pack solution and i think that this program install something wrong and get my drivers awful Also is any method to unistall Driver Pack Solution It appears in control panel and also it is not appers to windows unistall manager ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I try this first I expand atikmpag sys and atikmdag sys from installation ati folder and replace in C windows system drivers but nothing --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- May I unistall everything Intel HD m AMD RAdeon HD m and install the official driver from Lenovo and then install the latest driver from Intel and AMD official that i also have download Thank you

A:BSOD SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (atikmpag.sys)

Also today i try sfc /scannow .
I think that this maybe solve my problem.
Here is log file ----LOG

I try to shut down and tell you results

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/60928-bsod-system_service_exception-atikmpag-sys.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello,

suddenly i have got a BSOD after the two monitor screens where powered off during power saving(os setting).In the past it worked 100 of times.......
Before i got the BSOD the os semed to recover the display driver.
I got on one of the two monitors a (mouse) cursor displayed, with a bunch of reloading the GUI.
After that i got the BSOD.

Debuging with WINDbg(x64)
BSOD related to atikmpag.sys - Pastebin.com

Related Thread:
BSOD related to atikmpag.sys
(My Graphiccard is well coooled)

HW:sysProfile: ID: 151709 - bladedaywalker

Catalyst Version: 13.12

EDIT:Only a flaw of the Os ? The XFX is well cooled and worked 3 months without a problem.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-caused-by-atikmpag-sys-783994.html
Relevancy 52.46%

hello, im having some issues with my computer, most of the times when i'm playing a game, the screen starts going black, then it goes normal, and it gets a bsod with the message "video_tdr_failure atikmpag.sys"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bsod-video_tdr_failure-atikmpag-sys.1108268/
Relevancy 52.46%

hi guys im getting BSOD with the description atikmpag.sys. Can you help me out?
I have Gainward 4870X2 vga...

A:atikmpag.sys BSOD Windows 7

Hello,

See this thread: STOP 0x116: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR troubleshooting

Stop Code: STOP 0x116
Common Causes: Graphics Card, overheating, Graphics Driver

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 116, {fffffa800892e4e0, fffff88003e212cc, 0, 2}

Probably caused by : Unknown_Image ( ANALYSIS_INCONCLUSIVE )

---------

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/145179-atikmpag-sys-bsod-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I am getting pretty frequent BSODs since I rebuilt my computer because of new hardware about a week ago. New mobo, added another gpu and a new cpu. which are listed in my computer specs. I have run the microsoft debug utility and found out it was caused by atikmpag.sys. It hasn't happened in a little while, but it will likely happen again, so help would be appreciated. The SF Diagnostic Tool folder is attached. I had originally thought this to be an issue with the fuel.service.exe because of the event viewer errors occurring around the time of the crash. I have disabled fuel service in msconfig and it hasn't crashed since I did this last night, but haven't been on computer much since then.

Attachment 229644

A:atikmpag.sys Causing BSOD

Welcome to the forum.

BSOD Analyze

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 116, {fffffa800b7de010, fffff88009c0745c, 0, 2}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32k.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for win32k.sys

---------

* Bugcheck Analysis *

VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (116)
Arguments:
Arg1: fffffa800b7de010, Optional pointer to internal TDR recovery context (TDR_RECOVERY_CONTEXT).
Arg2: fffff88009c0745c, The pointer into responsible device driver module (e.g. owner tag).

Debugging Details:
------------------
FAULTING_IP:
atikmpag+745c
fffff880`09c0745c 4883ec28 sub rsp,28h

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`0c6469c8 fffff880`0565d000 : 00000000`00000116 fffffa80`0b7de010 fffff880`09c0745c 00000000`00000000 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`0c6469d0 fffff880`0565cd0a : fffff880`09c0745c fffffa80`0b7de010 fffffa80`0acd8010 fffffa80`0bcbe010 : dxgkrnl!TdrBugcheckOnTimeout+0xec
fffff880`0c646a10 fffff880`0612ff07 : fffffa80`0b7de010 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`0acd8010 fffffa80`0bcbe010 : dxgkrnl!TdrIsRecoveryRequired+0x1a2
fffff880`0c646a40 fffff880`06159b75 : 00000000`ffffffff 00000000`00020f97 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000002 : dxgmms1!VidSchiReportHwHang+0x40b
fffff880`0c646b20 fffff880`061582bb : 00000000`00000102 00000000`00000000 00000000`00020f97 00000000`00000000 : dxgmms1!VidSchiCheckHwProgress+0x71
fffff880`0c646b50 fffff880`0612b2c6 : ffffffff`ff676980 fffffa80`0bcbe010 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : dxgmms1!VidSchiWaitForSchedulerEvents+0x1fb
fffff880`0c646bf0 fffff880`06157e7a : 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`0acd8010 00000000`00000080 fffffa80`0bcbe010 : dxgmms1!VidSchiScheduleCommandToRun+0x1da
fffff880`0c646d00 fffff800`03160e6a : fffffa80`0bef8c10 fffffa80`094acb50 fffffa80`06d0c040 fffffa80`08a99a60 : dxgmms1!VidSchiWorkerThread+0xba
fffff880`0c646d40 fffff800`02ebaec6 : fffff800`0303ce80 fffffa80`094acb50 fffff800`0304acc0 fffff880`03f28620 : nt!PspSystemThreadStartup+0x5a
fffff880`0c646d80 00000000`00000000 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KxStartSystemThread+0x16

FOLLOWUP_IP:
atikmpag+745c
fffff880`09c0745c 4883ec28 sub rsp,28h

SYMBOL_NAME: atikmpag+745c

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 4dae3558

---------

1: kd> lmvm ati... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/250601-atikmpag-sys-causing-bsod.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Intro The computer worked fine till today when I was at my brother when I had to go I accidently lost the grip on my computer due to a filter When I got home it worked fine four an hour or two then suddenly the screen started flickering from side to side and turning blue black etc all-in-all graphical errors and now I can't start it at all without getting the BSOD EDIT It happened the first few times during D-usage Starcraft A video-ad and FM Now the conclussion I've come to myself is that (0x00000116) BSOD Atikmpag.sys - it might be the GPU that got hit But I don't wanna waste shitloads of cash for a prober one BSOD (0x00000116) - Atikmpag.sys again if it isn't the problem but perhaps my motherboard I've searched on google about the problem and the main points seems to BSOD (0x00000116) - Atikmpag.sys be due to the GPU Mainly driver problems Now my main question is Could it be my GPU that got hit Is their anyone out there who had a similar problem My specs Intel I - K AMD Radeon HD ASUS Sabertooth P Corsair Vengeance GB MHz Edit It's Bit Home Premium - Retail The hardware and software is approximately months old

A:BSOD (0x00000116) - Atikmpag.sys

We do need the DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.

If you are overclocking STOP

You may be able to get the DMP files without crashing by booting into safe mode (F8) with networking.

To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.

The procedure:

Quote:
* Zip up the copy.
*If the files are too large please upload them to a file sharing service like "Rapidshare" and put a link to them in your reply.

To ensure minidumps are enabled:

Quote:
* Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
* Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
* Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
* Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
* Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
* OK your way out.
* Reboot if changes have been made.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/228448-bsod-0x00000116-atikmpag-sys.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi all,

I'm experiencing BSODs for several times, it started once playing SWTOR, now it happens every time.
Thinking my system was unstable, I reinstalled it entirely (OS, drivers, Antivirus, and the game itself). Either with that, BSOD still pop...

my computer is as follow:
MB Asus P8P67LE
CPU Intel Core i5 2500k @3.3Ghz
GC AMD Radeon HD6870
8Go Memory
SSD 1x 120Go Samsung (dedicated for game)
HD 1x 1To Samsung (system disk)

No OC on the system.

Thanks for your responses

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/390269-bsod-0x116-atikmpag-sys.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I have an HP Pavilion running Windows Every once in a while when I return to my computer I see that it has restarted and I get to related BSOD atikmpag.sys a message that it has recovered from a BSOD However I never actually see it happen Could it be happening when the computer goes to sleeps or wakes up My graphics card is an AMD Radeon HD and I am running dual monitors Any help would be appreciated Thanks This is what I got from a minidump analyzer Crash Dump BSOD related to atikmpag.sys Analysis provided by OSR Open Systems Resources Inc OSR Online Crash Dump Analysis Service See OSR Online - The Home Page for Windows Driver Developers for more information Windows Kernel Version Service Pack MP procs Free x Product WinNt suite TerminalServer BSOD related to atikmpag.sys SingleUserTS Personal Built by amd fre win sp gdr - Machine Name Kernel base xfffff c PsLoadedModuleList xfffff e a Debug session time Wed Sep UTC - System Uptime days Bugcheck Analysis VIDEO TDR FAILURE Attempt to reset the display driver and recover from timeout failed Arguments Arg fffffa Optional pointer to internal TDR recovery context TDR RECOVERY CONTEXT Arg fffff c The pointer into responsible device driver module e g owner tag Arg Optional error code NTSTATUS of the last failed operation Arg d Optional internal context dependent data Debugging Details ------------------ TRIAGER Could not open triage file e dump analysis program triage modclass ini error FAULTING IP atikmpag fffff c push rbp DEFAULT BUCKET ID GRAPHICS DRIVER TDR FAULT CUSTOMER CRASH COUNT BUGCHECK STR x PROCESS NAME System CURRENT IRQL STACK TEXT fffff f fffff fffffa fffff c nt KeBugCheckEx fffff f fffff d fffff c fffffa fffffa b abc fffffa ad dxgkrnl TdrBugcheckOnTimeout xec fffff f d fffff af fffffa fffffa b abc fffffa ad dxgkrnl TdrIsRecoveryRequired x f fffff f fffff b ffffffff e be dxgmms VidSchiReportHwHang x b fffff f e fffff bb e be dxgmms VidSchiCheckHwProgress x fffff f a fffff c ffffffff ff fffffa ad dxgmms VidSchiWaitForSchedulerEvents x fb fffff f ab fffff e a fffffa e fffffa ad dxgmms VidSchiScheduleCommandToRun x da fffff f bc fffff f be a fffffc fffffa ad fffffa f fffffa ad dxgmms VidSchiWorkerThread xba fffff f c fffff c ec fffff f fffffa ad fffff fd a a f c nt PspSystemThreadStartup x a fffff f c fffff f fffff f fffff d a d nt KiStartSystemThread x STACK COMMAND bugcheck kb FOLLOWUP IP atikmpag fffff c push rbp SYMBOL NAME atikmpag FOLLOWUP NAME MachineOwner MODULE NAME atikmpag IMAGE NAME atikmpag sys DEBUG FLR IMAGE TIMESTAMP f c dd FAILURE BUCKET ID X x IMAGE atikmpag sys BUCKET ID X x IMAGE atikmpag sys Followup MachineOwner

A:BSOD related to atikmpag.sys

Welcome to TSF!

It's possible that power saving features are blocking/slowing data to/from the graphics subsystem. The usual causes for 0x116's are graphics drivers, overheating or bad hardware - usually graphics card.

Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Power Options and set the Power options to High performance, and drill down to set the monitor to stay on - switch the monitors off manually for a while to test.

You might also find something in the CCC that could be triggering it, I don't have that installed (keep things simple) so I don't know exactly where to look.

Carefully follow the BSOD Sticky and attach the required data next time you get the BSOD, we may find out a little more from it. Some further info on 0x116's below:

Significant posts:
BSOD - Windows 7 Forums
"It's not a true crash, in the sense that the bluescreen was initiated only because the combination of video driver and video hardware was being unresponsive, and not because of any synchronous processing exception.

Since Vista, the "Timeout Detection and Recovery" (TDR) components of the OS video subsystem have been capable of doing some truly impressive things to try to recover from issues which would have caused earlier OSs like XP to crash. As a last resort, the TDR subsystem sends the video driver a "please restart yourself now!" command and waits a few seconds. If there's no response, the OS concludes that the video driver/hardware combo has truly collapsed in a heap, and it fires off that stop 0x116 BSOD.

If playing with video driver versions hasn't helped, make sure the box is not overheating. Try removing a side panel and aiming a big mains fan straight at the motherboard and GPU. Run it like that for a few hours or days - long enough to ascertain whether cooler temperatures make a difference. If so, it might be as simple as dust buildup and subsequently inadequate cooling." - H2SO4

From an AMD forum HowTo:
Quote:

Change your TDR to 8 (default is 2)....just follow these directions.

Exit all Windows based programs.

Click Start, type regedit in the Search box, and then double-click regedit.exe from the results above. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
Browse to and then click the following registry subkey:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\\SYSTEM\\ControlSet002\\Control\\GraphicsDrivers
On the Edit menu, click New, and then select the following registry value from the drop-down menu specific to your version of Windows (32 bit, or 64 bit):

For 32 bit Windows
Select DWORD (32-bit) value.
Type TdrDelay as the Name and click Enter.
Double-click TdrDelay and add 8 for the Value data and click OK.

For 64 bit Windows

Select QWORD (64-bit) value.
Type TdrDelay as the Name and click Enter.
Double-click TdrDelay and add 8 for the Value data and clickOK.
Close the registry editor and then restart your computer for the changes to take affect.

Or, follow the directions in this Microsoft article and see if that helps.. "Display driver stopped responding and has recovered" error in Windows 7 or Windows Vista

Another help is to disable Aero during gaming. Simply go to the game .exe file..right click on it...choose properties > compatibility > put a checkmark in disable desktop composition. Apply. Now aero will be disabled and a notice will appear each time you start the game that it is set at 'basic'. When you exit the game it will revert back to normal.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-related-to-atikmpag-sys-667468.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello everyone!

I have been experiencing the same BSOD for about a month now and it has increased in frequency lately. I did some research on the issue and tried a clean reinstall of my video drivers with no success. I'm not completely tech savvy but can troubleshoot a little with confidence. Attached are the diagnostic issues.

Thanks so much!

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/395029-bsod-atikmpag-sys-error.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello everyone This is my first post here and I hope I'm not making any mistakes Also I'm not native English I don't know all the words you techies use I hope you'll understand anyway The first crash I experienced was a few months ago may to be precise But until october I had never seen atikmpag.sys Random with BSOD a BSOD It appeared Random BSOD with atikmpag.sys to be caused by Random BSOD with atikmpag.sys atikmpag sys I'm sure you will know better than me what's the use of this driver The BSOD happened once then twice and I had no clue what was wrong about my machine I did a little research and found out it could be something linked with the compatibility of the driver and my hardware Like most HP owner my laptop is built with dual graphic AMD Intel During my first year of use I updated the amd driver only because intel did not provide updates for its driver Now my laptop has a couple years of use behind him mostly games music production and internet use I had to clean the dust from the cooling system a while ago During the last months - my laptop crashed times each of these crashed caused by my graphic hardware or software i have no idea I updated both AMD and Intel drivers in october using LeshCatLabs UnifL drivers It worked for a while then the blue screens came back Now I can't even launch my camera or any app that would need a higher level of resources to run properly Now I assume this is an endless issue not caused by any software by that i mean driver but the hardware I was told BSOD are the most difficult things to diagnose because it can be caused by anything Anyway the true question is is there something I can do except throwing this laptop away and buying a new one to make it stop and being able to use my laptop like I did before it started Thank you for your help And merry christmas to you all TRONDHEIM Attached SF Diagnostic Tool - Speccy Test - french - a lot of information here most of it is useless

A:Random BSOD with atikmpag.sys

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 116, {fffffa800ab352e0, fffff880078b3c30, ffffffffc0000001, 3}

Probably caused by : atikmpag.sys ( atikmpag+bc30 )

---------

Code:
Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000
Pilote c:\windows\system32\drivers\atikmpag.sys (8.14.1.6374, 624,00 Ko (638*976 octets), 30/10/2014 12:32)

AMD Radeon HD 7600M Series
Pilote c:\windows\system32\drivers\atikmpag.sys (8.14.1.6374, 624,00 Ko (638*976 octets), 30/10/2014 12:32)
Unfortunately this is a common problem on systems that have 2 dual video cards - Windows has trouble switching between one card to another within a certain time frame, generating the 116 bugcheck. Solving them is not easy.

Try see if updated drivers are available for both cards listed, and see if the BSOD's stabilise.

General advice:
The following two programs are well-known for contributing to BSOD's. I recommend you to uninstall them both:

Code:
Advanced SystemCare 7 "c:\program files (x86)\iobit\advanced systemcare 7\asctray.exe" /auto Benjamin-HP\Benjamin HKU\S-1-5-21-4113899958-1169966232-1489216104-1000\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
DAEMON Tools Lite "c:\program files (x86)\daemon tools lite\dtlite.exe" -autorun Benjamin-HP\Benjamin HKU\S-1-5-21-4113899958-1169966232-1489216104-1000\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/356306-random-bsod-atikmpag-sys.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello We have a new Dell Alienware machine that has been randomly crashing since day Sometimes the display temporarily freezes and we get a system message saying that the quot AMD driver stopped responding and has successfully recovered quot Other times the screen goes completely gray accompanied by a loud buzzer sound and we have no choice but to force the system off There's no discernable pattern as to what activities cause it It may occur browsing simple web pages no heavy games or videos checking Outlook e-mail or simply at startup Since the system is but a few weeks old we'd expect to have the most recent drivers dxgmms1.sys BSOD atikmpag.sys However we did try installing the full Catalyst Software Suite for our dxgmms1.sys atikmpag.sys BSOD graphics card directly from AMD with no improvement I'm attaching our latest dumps and performance report per your instructions According to BlueScreenView dxgmms sys appeared in of the dumps and atikmpag sys in of the Any help you can provide would be GREATLY appreciated I'd hate to have to return this system to Dell and cut our losses on all the dxgmms1.sys atikmpag.sys BSOD time we've wasted Thanks again

A:dxgmms1.sys atikmpag.sys BSOD

Based on what I'm seeing I'm going to suggest a complete wipe of the ati drivers with driver sweeper. Then installing the latest ones directly from the amd/ati website.
Guru3D - Driver Sweeper (Setup) download from Guru3D.com <--- driver sweeper
AMD Graphics Drivers & Software <--- ati drivers

Since it's an alienware it may also have come with a overclock already on it, which could be the source of problems as well.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/151542-dxgmms1-sys-atikmpag-sys-bsod.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello all I am getting an annoying BSOD x This started abouth three months ago and at the beginning it only occurred during games especially frequently during Alan Wake but only while loading a next 0x00000116 atikmpag.sys BSOD level chapter etc or during in-game videos According to BlueScreenView three sys files were suspected dxgkrnl sys BSOD 0x00000116 atikmpag.sys atikmpag sys and dxgmms sys I tried to uninstall the old ATI driver in safe mode using Driver Sweeper and installed the latest driver but it did BSOD 0x00000116 atikmpag.sys not work Then I installed an older driver namely AMD Catalyst Beta Driver and I did not get any BSODs for two weeks Then I got BSODs again This time I updated other drivers as well e g audio drivers USB drivers etc and BSODs failed to come again BSOD 0x00000116 atikmpag.sys The games in question however crashed at the quot usual quot critical points but without BSODs and restarting of the system In the case of Alan Wake I also got this error message quot Could not lock vertex buffer - Hardware device was removed quot A few days later I got BSODs again but in these cases the computer totally crashed without restarting of the system so I could not save dmp files or check the blue screen error message using BlueScreenView This time I ran MemTest for several hours basically all night because one of my friends suggested that this could also be a memory problem and fortunatelly memory seems to be ok I also used CCleaner and cleared the registry and what a miracle I did not get any BSODs for - weeks The games in question also ran perfectly without crashing Today however I got a BSOD again I was just closing my web browser after watching an online video when it happened Fortunatelly the sytem restarted this time so I could saved the files needed On the other hand this is an other kind of BSOD because according to BlueScreenView two sys files are suspected this time not those three mentioned earlier the quot good quot old atikmpag sys and a new one discache sys Here is my config and os Asus P P REV Intel Core i - GHz Kingston MB DDR MHz KIT ASUS ATi Radeon HD MB Samsung GB WD Ext TB Chieftec CTG- - P Asus Xonar DX XD A LG '' IPS P-BN Windows bit Thank you in advance Edhelharn p s Sorry for my English I hope I was clear

A:BSOD 0x00000116 atikmpag.sys

Welcome to SevenForums

Start with filling in your PC specs:

What's the age of your PC? What's the status of its warranty?

Did you go through this thread? It's related to graphic card, their drivers and your bugcheck.STOP 0x116: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR troubleshooting

Code:
Start Menu\Programs\Advanced SystemCare 5 Public:Start Menu\Programs\Advanced SystemCare 5 Public
Start Menu\Programs\DAEMON Tools Lite Public:Start Menu\Programs\DAEMON Tools Lite Public
Start Menu\Programs\Nexus Mod Manager Public:Start Menu\Programs\Nexus Mod Manager Public

Daemon Tools
Please uninstall DAEMON Tools. This software uses a driver called sptd.sys which is a known BSOD cause in Windows 7. Uninstall the software using Add/Remove Programs. Once the program is uninstalled, run sptd.sys uninstaller to remove the driver from your system.

As an alternative, many people recommend the use of Total Mounter or Magic ISO

System Optimisers
ASC5 and others are known to wreck the OS. Most people here do not recommend the use of automatic optimisation tools for Windows 7. Microsoft have improved Windows 7 significantly and it is much better at organising and optimising itself than its predecessors. Windows 7 is not XP. Automated optimisation software can delete important registry entries that can cause multiple problems with windows 7.

If you feel the need to use a registry cleaning or optimisation software, I recommend the use of CCleaner but make sure you back up the registry before making letting ccleaner delete anything. Also recommend the use of Puran Defrag to defragment your HDD. Check the "Boost Overall System Speed By Puran Intelligent Optimizer (PIZOR) under additional operations.

For monitoring the heat/celsius of the system, use Speccy or HWinfo:Speccy - System Information - Free Download
CPUID - System & hardware benchmark, monitoring, reporting
You may want to see if lowering the settings of the games (i.e remove any enhancements made for the graphics of the games look better)

Run the System File Checker that scans the of all protected Windows 7 system files and replaces incorrect corrupted, changed/modified, or damaged versions with the correct versions if possible:SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker
See if there is a newer version for your BIOS:

Code:
BIOS-verzi?/-d?tum American Megatrends Inc. 1904, 2011.08.15.
Following is for information purpose only;

Code:
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 116, {fffffa8009428010, fffff88006719250, 0, 2}

Probably caused by : atikmpag.sys ( atikmpag+9250 )

---------

* Bugcheck Analysis *

VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (116)
Arguments:
Arg1: fffffa8009428010, Optional point... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/261862-bsod-0x00000116-atikmpag-sys.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi All I have a problem with my new Lenovo G that I got last week I received the BSOD when I tried to watch video streams on chrome like Youtube Megavideo etc In IE it works without any issues I unchecked the hardware acceleration 64 atikmpag.sys BSOD bit Windows 7 and the videos were working in BSOD Windows 7 64 bit atikmpag.sys chrome after this as well Anyway I still had BSODs at a lot of sites in chrome and firefox Even if I tried to change in the CCC something regarding the videocard I received the BSOD I reinstalled the driver for my video card a couple of times without success I tried to install the driver without CCC but still the same problem Currently I do not have CCC installed OS - Windows Home Premium SP original installed x OS an OEM BSOD Windows 7 64 bit atikmpag.sys version came pre-installed on system Age of system hardware - Brandnew Age of OS installation - not sure where I can find this information but it was pre-installed CPU -Mobile DualCore Intel Core i - M MHz x CPU Alias Sandy Bridge-MB Video Card - Mobile Intel HD Graphics Video Card - AMD Radeon HD M MotherBoard - Lenovo Motherboard Chipset Intel Cougar Point HM Intel Sandy Bridge Power Supply - QCOMPAL PABAS Designed Capacity mWh Fully Charged BSOD Windows 7 64 bit atikmpag.sys Capacity mWh System Manufacturer Lenovo Exact model number G I hope you can help me out and sorry for my english Unfortunately I can not go back to the seller because Im living in Argetina and my parents sent me down the laptop from Germany I attached the SysInternals AutoRuns folder and as well as the Perform test Please let me know if you need further information I installed AIDA Extreme Edition Trial Version to see my configurations It gives me a ton of other information Thanks in advance Freddy EDIT I attached the Dumb file from my last BSOD

A:BSOD Windows 7 64 bit atikmpag.sys

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freddy Baires

I have a problem with my new Lenovo G570 that I got last week. .

Hi -

Something is very wrong here. OS install date - 5 days ago -

Code:
10/26/2011, 8:24:21 PM
Yet the BSODs started ~2 months before you got the system -

Code:
Fri Sep 2 05:26:17.274 2011 (GMT-4)

Fri Oct 7 17:47:16.884 2011 (GMT-4)
You've had 41 BSODs total - all name ATI video. The other 39 BSODs occurred during the last 5 days.

Did you buy a new system or an "open box" system?

I suggest that you contact Lenovo Support - http://www.lenovo.com/services_warra...ef-id=support&

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

BSOD SUMMARY

Code:
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\PalmDesert\_jcgriff2_\dbug\__Kernel__\103011-25334-01.dmp]
Built by: 7601.17640.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.110622-1506
Debug session time: Sun Oct 30 10:55:16.226 2011 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:11:23.475
Probably caused by : atikmpag.sys ( atikmpag+7408 )
Bugcheck code 00000116
Arguments fffffa80`0bd0e4e0 fffff880`030be408 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000002
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\PalmDesert\_jcgriff2_\dbug\__Kernel__\103011-21668-01.dmp]
Debug session time: Sun Oct 30 10:43:30.596 2011 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:02:56.845
Bugcheck code 00000116
Arguments fffffa80`06fed010 fffff880`046b9408 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000002
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\PalmDesert\_jcgriff2_\dbug\__Kernel__\103011-30388-01.dmp]
Debug session time: Sun Oct 30 10:37:02.025 2011 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 11:09:10.883
Bugcheck code 00000116
Arguments fffffa80`073bb010 fffff880`02e64408 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000002
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\PalmDesert\_jcgriff2_\dbug\__Kernel__\102911-22526-01.dmp]
Debug session time: Sat Oct 29 17:41:50.738 2011 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 20:06:56.597
Bugcheck code 00000116
Arguments fffffa80`0e4974e0 fffff880`046a3408 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000002
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\PalmDesert\_jcgriff2_\dbug\__Kernel__\102811-29359-01.dmp]
Debug session time: Fri Oct 28 21:34:31.783 2011 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:10:43... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-windows-7-64-bit-atikmpag-sys-609389.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hey everyone, I just got a ViDock 4 for my Satellite and I set it up ok, it shows up on the Device Manager and everything. But for some reason whenever I try activating my external graphics card up to a display I get a BSOD. I'm pretty sure it's a driver problem because it keeps citing atikmpag.sys, but I have no idea how to fix this....here's a dump from my last BSOD.

Any help is appreciated!

A:ViDock 4 atikmpag.sys BSOD

Quote: Originally Posted by CovaDax

Hey everyone, I just got a ViDock 4 for my Satellite and I set it up ok, it shows up on the Device Manager and everything. But for some reason whenever I try activating my external graphics card up to a display I get a BSOD. I'm pretty sure it's a driver problem because it keeps citing atikmpag.sys, but I have no idea how to fix this....here's a dump from my last BSOD.

Any help is appreciated!

Obviously caused by your video driver. classic video card reset. Reinstall the driver. It could also be heat, or the card itself

When upgrading your graphic driver you MUST remove all traces of the current driver. In order to do that we recommend using Guru3D - Driver Sweeper

When it is removed then download and install the fresh copy.
Old drivers needing update

Code:
TVALZ_O.SYS 11/8/2007 22:08:41 0x4733cf39 fffff880`01912000 fffff880`01916e80 0x00004e80
Lycosa.sys 1/18/2008 3:51:42 0x4790689e fffff880`07213000 fffff880`07217980 0x00004980
sbtis.sys 10/9/2008 3:55:50 0x48edc716 fffff880`03470000 fffff880`034c8000 0x00058000
agrsm64.sys 11/10/2008 10:01:35 0x49184ccf fffff880`074c2000 fffff880`075e4000 0x00122000
spldr.sys 5/11/2009 11:56:27 0x4a0858bb fffff880`01917000 fffff880`0191f000 0x00008000
GEARAspiWDM.sys 5/18/2009 7:17:04 0x4a1151c0 fffff880`05f0b000 fffff880`05f18000 0x0000d000
amdxata.sys 5/19/2009 12:56:59 0x4a12f2eb fffff880`00c45000 fffff880`00c50000 0x0000b000
How To Find Drivers:

Quote:
- search Google for the name of the driver
- compare the Google results with what's installed on your system to figure out which device/program it belongs to
- visit the web site of the manufacturer of the hardware/program to get the latest drivers (DON'T use Windows Update or the Update driver function of Device Manager).
- if there are difficulties in locating them, post back with questions and someone will try and help you locate the appropriate program.

- - The most common drivers are listed on this page: Driver Reference Driver Reference
- - Driver manufacturer links are on this page: Drivers and Downloads

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/141041-vidock-4-atikmpag-sys-bsod.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi guys I'm having a major problem with the quot atikmpag sys quot BSOD error whenever I try to play video games and BSOD Atikmpag.sys ATI on HD5970 the occasional random Atikmpag.sys BSOD on ATI HD5970 crash too Oddly enough it never happens while rendering in Cinema D so I've pretty much ruled out it having something to do with how intense the GPU usage is Here's my system OS Version Microsoft Windows Ultimate Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Radeon HD Series Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC P TD DELUXE Antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials Updated and Enabled I ran Memtest from a bootable CD overnight and it didn't find any errors I've also uninstalled the card in Device Manager removed all drivers using Driver Sweeper and tried both the latest and older drivers from ATI's website to no success I have attached the Windows minidump if that helps Any and all help appreciated I'm really wanting to go with a new NVIDIA card thanks to this thing

A:Atikmpag.sys BSOD on ATI HD5970

Quote:

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/222784-atikmpag-sys-bsod-ati-hd5970.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi guys I m having a major problem with the quot atikmpag sys quot BSOD error whenever I try to play video games and the occasional random crash too Oddly enough it never Atikmpag.sys HD5970 BSOD on ATI happens while rendering in Cinema D so I ve pretty much ruled out it having something to do with how intense the GPU usage is Here s my system OS Version Microsoft Windows Ultimate Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU GHz Intel Family Atikmpag.sys BSOD on ATI HD5970 Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Radeon HD Series Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer INC P TD DELUXE Antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials Updated and Enabled I ran Memtest from a bootable CD overnight and it didn t find any errors I ve also uninstalled the card in Device Manager removed all drivers using Driver Sweeper and tried both the latest and older drivers from ATI s website to no success Any and all help appreciated I m really wanting to go with NVIDIA thanks to this thing nbsp

A:Atikmpag.sys BSOD on ATI HD5970

I just tried launching Gotham City Impostors and got the atikmag.sys BSOD as always. I've attached a zip of the Windows dump.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/atikmpag-sys-bsod-on-ati-hd5970.1047759/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi All,

I am having BSOD due apparently to atikmpag.sys. Am trying various ways to solve this.
I would really appreciate any help. Thank you.

A:ATIKMPAG.sys BSOD on my y460

Hiya and welcome to SevenForums!

Code:
BugCheck 116, {fffffa8008604010, fffff880015c5ba4, 0, 2}

Probably caused by : atikmpag.sys ( atikmpag+5ba4 )
The problem is caused by your graphics driver. Run Display Driver Uninstaller(DDU)
Make sure you tick the Uninstall C:/AMD and C:/NIVIDA folders while you are in DDU when you are done running DDU install your graphics driver again and you should be good to go! This is the guide for DDU: Display Driver Uninstaller: How to use

Remember to remove Catalyst and only install the graphics driver.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/378260-atikmpag-sys-bsod-my-y460.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Random BSOD caused by Atikmpag.sys, need help!

Relevancy 52.46%

I got bsod refer to atikmpag.sys after playing some games and opening media player , tried to reinstall the amd driver and then it goes bsod again after the screen is flickering

A:BSOD atikmpag.sys 0x116

here is some info on the file:
What Is Atikmpag.sys: Fix Blue Screen Of Death

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/377456-bsod-atikmpag-sys-0x116.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello, im getting BSOD when playing games such as GTA5 and BO2, my pc will also randomly freeze for a couple of seconds when not playing games.

This pc is a store bought build. I have had these problems since I got it.
I have updated the graphic driver but to no help.
Please check the error report.

I would really appreciate your help.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/379902-bsod-when-playing-gta-5-b02-atikmpag-sys.html
Relevancy 52.46%

A week ago I was playing World of Warcraft, something I've done often over the past 4 years.
Never had a problem up until now, as my PC suddenly froze and I received a BSOD.
I've tried various solutions, but none of them have worked so far.
Another thing about my graphics card is that the fans are very loud, since June last year.
I don't know why, or if my card is failing, but I thought I'd mention it.
Again, other than the noise, it didn't cause me any problems.

CETNA-di_02-08-2016_231326,91.zip

A:Atikmpag.sys BSOD playing WoW

Please post the report of Windows Genuine and Activation Issue Posting Instruction

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/399232-atikmpag-sys-bsod-playing-wow.html
Relevancy 52.46%

A laptop of mine is BSOD-ing at startup, so far I had tried methods over google, but couldn't get the problem solved. This laptop is old and outdated, but hey, who would just lay it around in dust, knowing that it can be fixed?
I reformatted it multiple times and the problem only occurs when I install the latest AMD drivers.
Would appreciate any help coming from any of you.
*Note: only driver installed is AMD Catalyst

A:atikmpag.sys BSOD at startup

It is AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5000 Series graphics, so it should take any of the latest drivers.

But it is failing to hold the driver. You said the latest one, is it 14.12 Omega, or 15.3 Beta?

Code:
---------------
Display Devices
---------------
Card name:
Manufacturer:
Chip type:
DAC type:
Device Key: Enum\
Display Memory: n/a
Dedicated Memory: n/a
Shared Memory: n/a
Current Mode: 800 x 600 (32 bit) (1Hz)
Uninstall the installed display driver using DDU. Then install the CCC 14.4 WHQL only.

Does it take the display driver? Does it produce the actual graphics?

If not, we have to decide that the display chip is failing to do its job and it should be replaced.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/366840-atikmpag-sys-bsod-startup.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Please, sometimes when I open huge games it just go BSOD. I don't know what to do.HELP, please.

A:BSOD atikmpag.sys 0x00000116 now and then

The BSODs are caused by the display driver, which is very old. You need to update it. Check for any possible update in Download Drivers.

Let us know the situation after updating the driver.

Code:
BugCheck 116, {fffffa800d5ad4e0, fffff88004aee3f8, 0, 2}

Probably caused by : atikmpag.sys ( atikmpag+73f8 )

---------

* Bugcheck Analysis *

VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (116)
Arguments:
Arg1: fffffa800d5ad4e0, Optional pointer to internal TDR recovery context (TDR_RECOVERY_CONTEXT).
Arg2: fffff88004aee3f8, The pointer into responsible device driver module (e.g. owner tag).

Debugging Details:
------------------
FAULTING_IP:
atikmpag+73f8
fffff880`04aee3f8 4883ec28 sub rsp,28h

ANALYSIS_VERSION: 6.3.9600.17336 (debuggers(dbg).150226-1500) amd64fre

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`0bd3d888 fffff880`05b55134 : 00000000`00000116 fffffa80`0d5ad4e0 fffff880`04aee3f8 00000000`00000000 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`0bd3d890 fffff880`05b54e3e : fffff880`04aee3f8 fffffa80`0d5ad4e0 fffffa80`09b8dd50 fffffa80`09e32410 : dxgkrnl!TdrBugcheckOnTimeout+0xec
fffff880`0bd3d8d0 fffff880`05a0ff13 : fffffa80`0d5ad4e0 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`09b8dd50 fffffa80`09e32410 : dxgkrnl!TdrIsRecoveryRequired+0x1a2
fffff880`0bd3d900 fffff880`05a39cf1 : 00000000`ffffffff 00000000`00057ee6 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000002 : dxgmms1!VidSchiReportHwHang+0x40b
fffff880`0bd3d9e0 fffff880`05a38437 : 00000000`00000102 00000000`00000008 00000000`00057ee6 00000000`00000000 : dxgmms1!VidSchiCheckHwProgress+0x71
fffff880`0bd3da10 fffff880`05a0b2d2 : ffffffff`ff676980 fffffa80`09e32410 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : dxgmms1!VidSchiWaitForSchedulerEvents+0x1fb
fffff880`0bd3dab0 fffff880`05a37ff6 : 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`13e1f840 00000000`00000080 fffffa80`09e32410 : dxgmms1!VidSchiScheduleCommandToRun+0x1da
fffff880`0bd3dbc0 fffff800`03571456 : 00000000`fffffc32 fffffa80`09b938b0 fffffa80`06c61480 fffffa80`09b938b0 : dxgmms1!VidSchiWorkerThread+0xba
fffff880`0bd3dc00 fffff800`032c92c6 : fffff800`03456e80 fffffa80`09b938b0 fffff800`03464cc0 00000000`00000004 : nt!PspSystemThreadStartup+0x5a
fffff880`0bd3dc40 00000000`00000000 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KxStartSystemThread+0x16

FOLLOWUP_IP:
atikmpag+73f8
fffff880`04aee3f8 4883ec28 sub rsp,28h

SYMBOL_NAME: atikmpag+73f8

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 4e9bc523

FAILURE_ID_HASH: {83e844bc-fe68-2042-4230-7f5d3e90b48a}

---------

0: kd> lmvm atikmpag
start end module name
fffff880`04ae7000 fffff880`04b36000 atikmpag T (no symbols)
... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/369288-bsod-atikmpag-sys-0x00000116-now-then.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi all,

This has been plaguing me for days. I recently burn a graphic card but has since replace it. I am running 2 pieces of 3870x2 with a total of 6 screens. Now, whenever i plug a 4th monitor on the newly installed 3870x2, i get a BSOD with atikmpag.sys reported.

? OS - Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit
? Is the OS an OEM version (came pre-installed on system) or full retail version (YOU purchased it from retailer)? - purchased.
? Age of system (hardware) - 2 months
? Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS? - a year
? CPU - Intel 6600 Kentsfield
? Video Card - 2 x 3870x2 Powercolor
? MotherBoard - MSI P45 Neo2-FR
? Power Supply - brand & wattage - 850W Seasonic

A:[SOLVED] BSOD with atikmpag.sys

Hi -

The 6 dumps with timestamp 16 Oct 2010 all have the same bugcheck -

0x116 - Video TDR timeout; video adapter unable to reset in the time alloted (30 secs). Probable cause = ATI

Code:

atikmpag.sys Tue Aug 03 21:15:45 2010 (4C58BF41)

Install ATI video drivers without CCC - http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloa...downloads.aspx

There were additional dump files from 2 BSODs - March 2010; 3 - November 2009

A driver common to Daemon Tools/ Alcohol 120 - sptd.sys - was found in the dumps and is known to cause BSODs. Remove whichever app you have installed.

Old version Avast installed -

Code:

adfs.SYS Thu Jun 26 16:52:37 2008 (48640195)
aswFsBlk.sys Tue Nov 24 18:50:04 2009 (4B0C712C)
aswMonFlt.sys Tue Nov 24 18:49:55 2009 (4B0C7123)
aswRdr.SYS Tue Nov 24 18:48:59 2009 (4B0C70EB)
aswSP.SYS Tue Nov 24 18:50:24 2009 (4B0C7140)
aswTdi.SYS Tue Nov 24 18:49:09 2009 (4B0C70F5)

Remove Avast - http://files.avast.com/files/eng/aswclear.exe

Reboot upon completion; install MSE - http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/

These drivers need to be updated or the apps removed -

Code:

copperhd.sys Tue May 23 23:51:13 2006 (4473D831) - Razer Diamondback driver - http://www.razersupport.com/index.ph...nloads&_a=view

hcmon.sys Thu Mar 26 22:13:30 2009 (49CC364A) - VMWare USB mon driver - http://www.vmware.com/support/

iaStor.sys Thu Jun 04 21:53:40 2009 (4A287AA4) - Intel Storage driver - http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Default.aspx
iaStorV.sys Wed Apr 08 12:57:17 2009 (49DCD76D) - Intel Storage driver - http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Default.aspx

LHidFilt.Sys Wed Jun 17 12:49:39 2009 (4A391EA3) - Logitech SetPoint Keyboard Driver - http://www.logitech.com/en-us/support-downloads

Rt64win7.sys Thu Feb 26 04:04:13 2009 (49A65B0D) - Realtek Ethernet - http://www.realtek.com.tw/DOWNLOADS/...&GetDown=false

snapman.sys Wed Mar 25 04:49:15 2009 (49C9F00B) - Acronis Snapshots Manager - http://www.acronis.com/
tdrpm228.sys Wed Apr 15 11:08:50 2009 (49E5F882) - Acronis True Image - http://www.acronis.com/
tifsfilt.sys Fri Sep 12 10:50:44 2008 (48CA81C4) - Acronis - http://www.acronis.com/
timntr.sys Fri Sep 12 10:49:48 2008 (48CA818C) - Acronis - http://www.acronis.com/

UltraMonUtility.sys Thu Nov 13 20:10:30 2008 (491CD006) - UltraMon multi-monitor - http://www.realtimesoft.com/ultramon/support.asp

hcmon.sys Thu Mar 26 22:13:30 2009 (49CC364A) - VMWare USB mon driver - http://www.vmware.com/support/
vmci.sys Thu Mar 26 21:53:01 2009 (49CC317D) - VMWare - http://www.vmware.com/support/
VMNET.SYS Thu May 22 06:33:54 2008 (48354C12) - VMWare - http://www.vmware.com/support/
vmnetadapter.sys Thu May 22 06:33:57 2008 (48354C15) - VMWare - http://www.vmware.com/support/
vmnetbridge.sys Thu May 22 06:34:05 2008 (48354C1D) - VMWare - http://www.vmware.com/support/
vmnetuserif.sys Thu Mar 26 22:39:38 2009 (49CC3C6A) - VMWare - http://www.vmware.com/support/
vmx86.sys Thu Mar 26 23:51:02 2009 (49CC4D26) - VMWare - http://www.vmware.com/support/

If BSODs persist, run the Driver Verifier -- http://jcgriff2.com/driver_verifier.htm

Windbg Logs
--> http://jcgriff2.net/BSOD_Logs/_99-db..._jcgriff2_.txt
--> http://jcgriff2.net/BSOD_Logs/_99-db...riff2_.txt.zip

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

BSOD BUGCHECK SUMMARY

Code:

Built by: 7600.16385.amd64fre.win7_rtm.090713-1255
Debug session time: Fri Oct 15 12:53:04.038 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:00:36.067
Bugcheck code 00000116
Arguments fffffa80`0a82e010 fffff880`0494ddcc 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000002
??????????????????????????????????????????????... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/solved-bsod-with-atikmpag-sys-522149.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I have tried a couple of solutions suggested online, including manually updating the atikmpag.sys file and updating the BIOS, but BSOD still happens.

Thanks in advance for your help!

A:BSOD caused by atikmpag.sys

Can someone please help? Thank you!

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/375606-bsod-caused-atikmpag-sys.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi,

I am using a Radeon HD 6870 with Windows 7 Home Premium SP1 and I keep getting a BSOD whenever I run any application installed applications such as Catalyst Control Center or Google Chrome for example. I have tried uninstalling and systems restores and uninstalling both the drivers and the operating system. Also, this wasn't immediate, for the first couple of days, my computer functioned perfectly fine. Then, a blue screen, then a day or so later, what is happening now started happening.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Relevancy 52.46%

Hello another BSOD caused by atikmpag sys problem A few BSOD booting atikmpag.sys days ago as usual after finishing my work with the PC I hit the quot Sleep atikmpag.sys booting BSOD quot button I waited a few seconds but for some reason I decide it was taking too long maybe because I was tired and turned off the pc directly from the power supply The next day the strange problem appeared - I had an awful FPS drop in dota which was caused by XCaudio or something cant remember So I decided to update all of my drivers and I did and restarted the PC The atikmpag sys BSOD nightmare started Usually my video card CPU fan the stock one dont have anny others is really loud for - after powering up the pc but this time it was running loudly until the windows loading text appears Then the BSOD appears I tried a lot of things - rolling back the drivers restore points cleaning old software from the software etc Nothing helped So I reinstalled the windows W Ultimate bits hoping the problem would go away But it didn't As soons as the updates from MS are installed if I try to restart the pc the pc would freeze So after a couple of windows installations bits I tried with the bit version The first thing I did was to install the AMD drivers I restarted successfully and thought the problem was gone Started installing additional drivers and after the second restart the BSOD came again So I went to safe mode and used system restore Now I have almost a clean Windows - bit version - only AMD wireless are drivers installed The problem right now is that if I use the Sleep option it will wake up but a black screen would appear If I turn off restart the pc I'd get a BSOD Then I'd have to go to safe mode and restart from there to be able to login to windows normally I tried the quot expand exe quot workaround and different AMD drivers solutions but nothing seems to help I'd appreciate it if you have any ideas what to do BSOD error code x Attached and PC specs and the zip file

A:atikmpag.sys booting BSOD

Hello, hiho7. If you would please check your system specs and fill them out completely. Some of the information is wrong and some missing. You listed your CPU for your Motherboard. If you have an OEM system, please list the model number. This may help.

Information
Your System Specs will help us to help you, and doing it in this manner will make them available to all helpers in every post and keep us from hunting for them. We ask that you fill them out in as much detail as possible including Desktop or Laptop, Model number if it is an OEM computer and all components with the Manufacturer and Model number if possible.

If you will go to your last post and click the 'System Specs' in the bottom left of the post, you will find a link to update your system specs. Please fill those out in as much detail as possible, making sure to click save at the bottom of the page. If you would like to know what we would like, you can click 'My System Specs' at the bottom left of this post to see mine. If you do not know what your components are, this will help you accomplish this task. System Info - See Your System Specs

Turning off the PC from the power supply is never a good thing to do. All of your dump files are the same

Code:
BugCheck 116, {fffffa80065574e0, fffff88003b10848, 0, 2}
Probably caused by : atikmpag.sys ( atikmpag+b848 )
And this is unusual

Code:
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for Unknown_Module_00000000`00000000
Unable to add module at 00000000`00000000
Loading User Symbols
Missing image name, possible paged-out or corrupt data.
.Missing image name, possible paged-out or corrupt data.
* Bugcheck Analysis *
BugCheck 116, {fffffa800661d010, fffff88002c0b848, 0, 2}
Probably caused by : Unknown_Image ( ANALYSIS_INCONCLUSIVE )
Pleaser make sure you have run all the Windows updates. If y... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/373281-atikmpag-sys-booting-bsod.html
Relevancy 52.46%

I recently upgraded my machine after using Win RC since this atikmpag.sys BSOD, Random up comes always summer which I had no issues with whatsoever As part of the upgrade I did a clean install of Windows Home Premium with upgrade media Now I randomly get BSODs all of which report atikmpag sys in their read out It has happened while I'm browsing even during this post watching a video online and while a map was loading in a game Here's my system info Windows Home Premium x All the parts are new aside from a two or so year old GPU and a similarly aged PSU Installed this past wednesday the th Intel Core i ATI Radeon HD MB Corsair TX W I've tried some things to fix this including uninstalling and reinstalling the latest catalyst drivers and using BIOS to update to the latest BIOS None of it seems to do anything Googling doesn't seem to bring up any answers either Any help would be appreciated

A:Random BSOD, atikmpag.sys always comes up

Hello and welcome to TSF.

All appear to be bugcheck 0x116:

Code:
Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.11.0001.404 AMD64
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Loading Dump File [C:\Users\Devin\AppData\Local\Temp\Rar$DI00.062\021910-19780-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

Symbol search path is: SRV*c:\websymbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7600 MP (4 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS Personal
Built by: 7600.16385.amd64fre.win7_rtm.090713-1255
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`02c0f000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`02e4ce50
Debug session time: Fri Feb 19 11:15:47.662 2010 (GMT-5)
System Uptime: 0 days 1:06:42.161
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Unable to load image \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\dxgkrnl.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for dxgkrnl.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for dxgkrnl.sys
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 116, {fffffa8003ac4010, fffff88003c91024, 0, 2}

Probably caused by : atikmpag.sys ( atikmpag+6024 )

---------

* Bugcheck Analysis *

VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (116)
Arguments:
Arg1: fffffa8003ac4010, Optional pointer to internal TDR recovery context (TDR_RECOVERY_CONTEXT).
Arg2: fffff88003c91024, The pointer into responsible device driver module (e.g. owner tag).

Debugging Details:
------------------

FAULTING_IP:
atikmpag+6024
fffff880`03c91024 4883ec28 sub rsp,28h

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`02e069c8 fffff880`050deef8 : 00000000`00000116 fffffa80`03ac4010 fffff880`03c91024 00000000`00000000 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`02e069d0 00000000`00000116 : fffffa80`03ac4010 fffff880`03c91024 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000002 : dxgkrnl+0x5cef8
fffff880`02e069d8 fffffa80`03ac4010 : fffff880`03c91024 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000002 00000000`00000000 : 0x116
fffff880`02e069e0 fffff880`03c91024 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000002 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : 0xfffffa80`03ac4010
fffff880`02e069e8 00000000`00000000 : 00000000`00000002 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 fffff880`050dec02 : atikmpag+0x6024

STACK_COMMAND: kb

FOLLOWUP_IP:
atikmpag+6024
fffff880`03c91024 4883e... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/random-bsod-atikmpag-sys-always-comes-up-463200.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Okay guys I have spent at least hours or more trying many different solutions for this problem on atikmpag.sys start-up BSOD I'm currently posting this using the standard VGA adapter rather than using the GPU I have used a driver remover multiple times to remove all AMD drivers and install new drivers and old drivers alike I've used MalwareBytes and Avast to scan my computer for viruses I've opened my computer and checked the connections I have removed each RAM stick with that the computer would not give me a blue screen but would also not start That's just a few of the things I've tried along with many solutions people have on here or through Google I have actually had this problem before a little over a year ago I couldn't fix it on my own and instead I used Dell Datasafe to restore my computer to it's factory image which seemed to fix it until now I have tried to use the F windows repair to atikmpag.sys BSOD on start-up do that again but I can no longer get the atikmpag.sys BSOD on start-up repair options to load once I choose that option it simply sits there on a safe-mode esque screen where I can move my mouse but nothing ever happens I tried to go to the Datasafe program here in safe mode or when I disable the drivers and run it normally with the Standard VGA controller and it restarts my computer says it is loading the files and comes to that screen that looks like the repair screen but after about seconds the computer simply restarts like nothing happened and I am atikmpag.sys BSOD on start-up back at the blue screen I would love to have the problem fixed without the factory restore but at this point I would just be happy to have it working again like last year without having to purchase a new GPU Thanks in advance for attempting to help

A:atikmpag.sys BSOD on start-up

Hello, Vorbeck and welcome to the forums. I will try to help. You have quite a few dump files, but most I tried said they were corrupted and I couldn't open them. There were a couple ZI could open and they said the same thing.

Code:

VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (116)
Arguments:
Arg1: fffffa8012a4d4e0, Optional pointer to internal TDR recovery context (TDR_RECOVERY_CONTEXT).
Arg2: fffff880034edd88, The pointer into responsible device driver module (e.g. owner tag).
That is your video driver. A TDR is usually pretty hard to solve. What it means is that your Video Driver failed and could not be recovered within the time frame Windows has allowed. This is your current driver

Code:

atikmpag
start end module name
fffff880`034e2000 fffff880`03582000 atikmpag T (no symbols)
Timestamp: Fri Dec 06 14:21:45 2013 (52A231D9)
CheckSum: 0009FEFF
ImageSize: 000A0000
I think you can see that the driver needs to be updated. I will give you some suggestions that may help you get a good clean install.

I am going to give you some links that will help you get a good clean install and not have any drivers you don't need that will conflict with other drivers. Download a WHQL driver from Latest AMD Catalyst Video Driver for Windows 7 . Once you have them downloaded, uninstall you current driver from control panel. next clean up any left over drivers from following this tutorial Drivers - Clean Left over Files after Uninstalling and select only ATI Display Drivers. After you have done that and rebooted, install the new driver, only select custom install and install only what you have to. Very few people need most of what they include. You do not need the audio/HDMI drivers as you already have that in your Motherboard drivers. Unless there is some reason you need them, the only thing you really need is the Display Driver.

Also would you finish filling out all of your system specs. Please include the PSU. CPU Cooler and Hard Drives, as well as all of the other components. Please give the Manufacturer and Model as close as you can. These are the instructions I usually give which may help you accomplish that. Much of your system is filled out, but please complete them.

Information

Also,
open an elevated command prompt ( click start, type cmd in the search box, right click on the cmd entry and select run as administrator) in the black box that opens, copy/paste sfc /scannow. If you decide to type it, notice the space between the sfc and the /. It is a system file checker which will scan your system files and attempt to correct any missing or corrupt files. Wh... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/369391-atikmpag-sys-bsod-start-up.html
Relevancy 52.46%

So over the past few months my computer has BSOD every so often mainly when I am running something graphically heavy I've tried looking through as to atikmdag.sys atikmpag.sys BSOD whats causing the problem I believe it is atikmdag sys that is causing the problem but all the fixes i've applied nothing has fixed it I currently am running an older video driver and the problem happens less frequent but still happens It would be helpful if someone can BSOD atikmdag.sys atikmpag.sys shed some light on my problem I have attached the DM log Edit Since i'm pretty sure people are going to suggest updating to latest graphics driver I took the initiative to DDU and install latest driver Will Post if BSOD again But still would appreciate any insight from the DM logs if there are anything else Edit Still BSODs with latest video driver Memtest shows no problems with passes looked through my BSOD dumps BSOD atikmdag.sys atikmpag.sys and saw hal dll and ntoskrnl exe are causing some of the BSODs Any thing else I should try

Relevancy 52.03%

Hi I'm new to this forum and I'm asking for help

I'm getting BSOD and it is caused by the display driver . . and atikmpag.sys is the file that is causing the problem , I searched alot on the internet I tried many solutions but the problem is still appearing

This is my file as it is stated in the instructions and this is a picture of the BSOD .

Thank you

A:BSOD , error 0x00000116 - atikmpag.sys

Please dont format the text.

Uninstall the installed display driver using Display Driver Uninstaller. Then try to install the CCC 14.4 WHQL only.

Does it improve the situation, or it also causes the same BSOD and runs the computer with generic display only? Let us know.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/374036-bsod-error-0x00000116-atikmpag-sys.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi can anyone please help me, I installed fresh windows on an new Hdd and installed my graphic card driver and restarted then after windows logo shows I get BSOD.. only way to use it now is in safemode

Acer Aspire 5552G

Specs
Motherboard: JE51_DN
CPU: AMD Phenom II N850 Triple-Core Processor
GPU: AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5000 Series

What I've tried to Fix it that didn't work:
- uninstalled AMD/ATI files and traces including registry and tried updating/reinstalling newest versions
- reseated CPU, RAM
- ran memory tests and passed
- tried using 14.9 / 14.12 amd catalyst drivers
- tried the windows expand method for atikmdag.sys / atikmpag.sys
- memtest
- all files on HDD seem to work, and are non-corrupted

A:BSOD when booting, atikmpag.sys error

the problem lies in the last update to your graphics driver, rollback the driver and see if the issue persists, this may have happened because the driver file was corrupted when updating it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/372929-bsod-when-booting-atikmpag-sys-error.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello, I have been having BSOD for several weeks now. Just had one a few minutes ago and am getting quite fed up with it as this is a pretty new computer. I followed the instructions for the BSOD and am attaching the log file.

Any help would be appreciated.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/396485-atikmpag-sys-bsod-random-times.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I was using win when an bsod atikmpag.sys even after factory reset AMD atikmpag.sys bsod even after factory reset driver update caused an atikmpag sys bsod HP recovery wasn't working from my recovery partition so I downloaded an iso of win win iso is not available using their media creation tool and installed it The laptop booted but obviously without drivers specific to my pc I then downloaded the drivers specific to my pc and os and installed them However the amd graphics driver always cause an atikmpag sys bsod except once I was able to play my games fine until I rebooted and got the same bsod I figured the only way was to do a factory reset by ordering recovery media from HP which I did And Im still getting an atikmpag sys bsod Bios tests show that my hdd is fine I could run games smoothly that one time when I wasn't getting a bsod so there's no hardware issue with the m either Why am i still getting an atikmpag sys bsod even after a factory reset which includes reformatting my drive

A:atikmpag.sys bsod even after factory reset

INFO : I made a mistake in the title. My laptop model is PAVILION G6 2236 tx

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/atikmpag-sys-bsod-even-after-factory-reset/td-p/5785401
Relevancy 52.03%

Sometimes I got several BSOD when using graphic related such as watching movie or opening Photoshop. And when it started, I can't boot to lockscreen and get a BSOD again. Sometimes it resolved when I do a system restore, but it can comeback again.
I have reinstalled Windows, reinstalled ATI driver, and updating NET Framework. But it still happen.

A:BSOD error 0x00000116, atikmpag.sys

Upload your MSINFO32.nfo file.
Click on the start button
Type "msinfo32" (without quotes) in the search bar of the start menu, click the resulting link. It will open the System Information window.
File>Save. In the "File Name" filed, put "MSINFO32" (without Quote), give the save location to desktop, and click the "save" button.
Give the time for processing, it will save a .nfo file on your desktop.
Zip it, and upload it following the instruction.
We cannot say anything before checking this file.

Code:
BugCheck 116, {fffffa800ed64010, fffff88005346848, 0, 2}

Probably caused by : atikmpag.sys ( atikmpag+b848 )

---------

Code:
Timestamp: Fri Nov 21 07:38:54 2014 (546E9EB6)

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/373541-bsod-error-0x00000116-atikmpag-sys.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello guys I took blue screen error atikmpag memory error It happens mostly while i watch movies via flash player For example I took BSOD consecutivly just a minute ago But I had not took any yesterday from the same situation System Specs i k gb corsair asrock extreme asus HD DCII Vertex SSD gb High Power W Gold Windows pro Bit Everything is brand new I didn't do any OC everything is running as stock Also i'm sure that there is no temperature problem here is description of how error accurs First screen freezes and goes black right after it Then it returns back and windows says ati driver is - Atikmpag.sys Error Non-Random BSOD recovered I could take control for just a minute and but this Non-Random BSOD - Atikmpag.sys Error time it goes directly to BSOD Always the same I figure it out that when just after first black-out appeared if close all the browsers running flash in minute it wont go BSOD but if i open any browser with flash after it directly goes BSOD again Here is the picture of BSOD http imgim com incib jpg Here is Cpu-z Memory record Date GPU Load Memory Usage Dedicated MB Memory Usag - Pastebin com look at line it is when graphic card fails Here is Crash Dump Files Attachment Could it really a memory problem or is it related with driver or Flash Player it self I'm stuck on it What do you suggest

A:Non-Random BSOD - Atikmpag.sys Error

Hi,

Your dump files show a STOP 0x116 which is a Display or Graphics related BSOD.

Code:

* Bugcheck Analysis *
BugCheck 116, {fffffa800d6962f0, fffff880073ab9e0, 0, 2}
Probably caused by : atikmpag.sys ( atikmpag+79e0 )
---------
* Bugcheck Analysis *
VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (116)
Update your ATI drivers: atikmdag.sys Wed Feb 15 02:51:52 2012

http://support.amd.com/us/Pages/AMDSupportHub.aspx

Update your DirectX platfom to the latest version (2013):

How to download and install DirectX

Download DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer from Official Microsoft Download Center

Also follow this guide for STOP 0x116 errors:

http://www.sevenforums.com/crash-lockup-debug-how/63320-stop-0x116-video_tdr_error-troubleshooting.html

Take memtest. Run for 8 passes and test each stick in a know good slot for an additional 6 passes.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/105647-ram-test-memtest86.html

Tip
Run these tests overnight

Also please ensure you have all the latest Windows updates installed.

cheers

Dave

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/290549-non-random-bsod-atikmpag-sys-error.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I've been getting Blue Screen Error messages followed by crash/restart.

I'm running on Windows 7 home basic SP 1.

it happened when i was playing game (PES 2016) using my win 7 laptop. suddenly BSOD appeared and when I restarted my laptop. it just keep crashing. i uninstalled my graphics driver (AMD Radeon 7670M) via safe mode and I can log into my windows normally again. but whenever I installed my graphics driver, the BSOD keep coming again. my laptop is toshiba satellite l850.

i really hope you can help me, guys. i really appreciate your helps. here, I attached my minidump

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/383584-atikmpag-sys-bsod-when-playing-pes-2016-a.html