Windows Support Forum

BSOD on first boot, no keyboard/mouse control

Q: BSOD on first boot, no keyboard/mouse control

Ever since I built this computer a few weeks ago, the first time I boot it up I'll get a stop error while starting Windows. Upon restarting, I have no keyboard or mouse control when Windows attempts to repair the problem. I've found that if I restart it enough, eventually keyboard/mouse control comes back, I can decline the system repair, and on the next reboot it boots normally. Subsequent restarts work fine, and even if I shut it down for several hours it will boot up fine. I've yet to boot normally on the first boot of the day , however.

I've run Prime95 blend test for several hours and had no errors.
Typically the bug check code is 0x000007e, and the affected driver is ntoskrnl.exe.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: BSOD on first boot, no keyboard/mouse control

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: BSOD on first boot, no keyboard/mouse control

Welcome to Seven Forums.

Code:
Built by: 7601.18229.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.130801-1533
Debug session time: Sat Sep 21 23:15:19.788 2013 (UTC + 6:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:00:06.584
BugCheck 1000007E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff80002c92045, fffff88002ea4588, fffff88002ea3de0}
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KeWaitForMultipleObjects+1cd )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x7E
PROCESS_NAME: System
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Debug session time: Fri Sep 20 05:40:08.878 2013 (UTC + 6:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:00:08.675
BugCheck 1000007E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff8800420bec0, fffff88003ec76b8, fffff88003ec6f10}
Probably caused by : dxgmms1.sys ( dxgmms1!VidSchiProfilePerformanceTick+728 )
PROCESS_NAME: csrss.exe
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Debug session time: Fri Sep 20 05:38:05.729 2013 (UTC + 6:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:00:53.525
BugCheck 24, {1904fb, fffff8800274e798, fffff8800274dff0, fffff880012e0de0}
Probably caused by : Ntfs.sys ( Ntfs!NtfsCommonClose+1a0 )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x24
Debug session time: Fri Sep 20 01:07:57.016 2013 (UTC + 6:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:06:24.812
BugCheck 24, {1904fb, fffff880033465d8, fffff88003345e30, fffff80002f3f3ae}
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!FsRtlTeardownPerStreamContexts+de )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x24
Debug session time: Fri Sep 20 00:49:43.269 2013 (UTC + 6:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:00:11.066
BugCheck A, {0, 2, 1, fffff80002c5867f}
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KeSetEventBoostPriority+3f )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0xA
PROCESS_NAME: svchost.exe
Debug session time: Thu Sep 19 08:31:12.091 2013 (UTC + 6:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:00:02.887
BugCheck 1000007E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff80002cb58be, fffff880033a07d8, fffff880033a0030}
Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiRemoveMappedView+19e )
Based on the bugchecks, I would recommend you follow and complete the steps given below:1. If you are overclocking any hardware, please stop. Reset any changed values back to default and reset/clear CMOS: Clear CMOS - 3 Ways to Clear the CMOS - Reset BIOS. Uninstall any overclocking tool as these can also be a reason of blue screens.

2. Uninstall your current antivirus software. It can be a cause of BSOD very often. Please remove it with its removal tool and use Microsoft Security Essentials in its place. Malwarebytes is a great combination with it. Go through this thread for more info.

3. Run Disk Check with both boxes checked for all HDDs and with Automatically fix file system errors. Post back your logs for the checks after finding them using Check Disk (chkdsk) - Read Event Viewer Log

4. Run SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker to check windows for integrity violations. Run it up to three times to fix all errors. Post back if it continues to show errors after a fourth run or if the first run comes back with no integrity violations.

5. Make scans with Kaspersky TDSskiller and ESET Online scanner.

6. Perform a Clean Start up, this will help avoid any problematic applications from bugging the system.

7. Use Revo Uninstaller Free to uninstall stubborn software. Opt for Advanced Mode and uninstall the software, delete the leftover registry entries.Remove All MSI software.
NTIOLib_X64.sys Thu Oct 25 16:27:58 2012 (5089142E)
MSI Afterburner driver (known BSOD issues with Windows) Also found to be a part of MSI Live Update 5
Driver Reference Table - NTIOLib_X64.sys
8. Use Crystal Disk Info to upload a screenshot of your Hard Drives (s). Test your Hard Drives (s) running a Hard Drive Diag.

9. Test and Diagnose RAM issues with RAM - Test with Memtest86+. Pay close attention to Part 3 of the tutorial "If you have errors" Take the test for at least 7-10 passes. It may take up to 22 passes to find problems. Make sure to run it once after the system has been on for a few hours and is warm, and then also run it again when the system has been off for a few hours and is cold.Let us know the results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/305703-bsod-first-boot-no-keyboard-mouse-control.html
Relevancy 71.38%

Hi Guys, can you please take a look at my hijack log and please tell me if something has taken over my computer. I am running windows xp sp2 and for some reason the alert sound goes off on my computer and I loose mouse control and keyboard control. I have taken all of the recommended steps of the forum. Can you please take a look at my hijack this log and tell me if you see anything?

A:Mouse Control And Keyboard Control Loss

Hi Murpg,Sorry for the delay, this forum is swamped right now.Because it has been quite a while, I need to see a fresh HijackThis log. Before you run the new HijackThis scan I want you to replace your old version of the program with a new one. Please delete the version currently on your computer, then click here and download the new version to your desktop.To use HijackThis, double-click on the icon. When it runs it will prompt you to extract hijackthis.exe to C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis. If you would like to extract it to another location you can change the directory. When it is done installing, HijackThis will automatically launch. When the license agreement appears, select I accept and then click on the Do a system scan only button. When the scan is complete, click on the Save Log button to create a log of your information. When you post the new log, please post it directly in the body of your reply, rather than attaching the file.Dave

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/113329/mouse-control-and-keyboard-control-loss/
Relevancy 67.94%

I have read that windows 7 requires a KVM with active DDC or DDC - EDID to function correctly.
Trying to find this out for the various units is time consuming, It usually isn't noted on the web sites.

I have a hi res monitor, VGA connector with 2 usb, mouse and keyboard. I just want to control 2 PCS.

Does anybody know of any reasonably priced units meeting these requirements ??

A:KVM control 2 PCs, mouse and keyboard

Sorry, my Win 7 computer still has the legacy PS/2 ports and works fine to control 2 computers. I forgot to mention my two KVM switches, with sound as well are IOGear.
a KVM with active DDC or DDC - EDID to function correctly.Click to expand...

That might be because of the USB ports. I'll have to looking to see what it means.
Here are three different IOGear units, all with 4 egg ratings.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Productcompare.aspx?Submit=ENE&N=100007790%208000%20600030365&IsNodeId=1&bop=And&ActiveSearchResult=True&CompareItemList=143|17-107-417^17-107-417-S01%2C17-399-032^17-399-032-03%23%2C17-399-021^17-399-021-TS&percm=17-107-417%3A%24%24%24%24%24%24%24%3B17-399-032%3A%24%24%24%24%24%24%24%3B17-399-021%3A%24%24%24%24%24%24%24
The first is controlled by a button, the last by a hot key (on mine I press scroll lock twice in rapid succession to switch computers). No mention of how you get the middle unit to switch between the two computers.

I did some reading and it is a problem with monitors.
Multiple monitors: http://raywoodcockslatest.blogspot.com/2011/03/windows-7-kvm-in-multimonitor-setup.html

I can't guarantee you won't have this problem with one monitor connected by VGA.
I do notice I sometimes have wrong screen size settings but only if I boot a non-7 computer before the Win 7.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/kvm-control-2-pcs-mouse-and-keyboard.1129355/
Relevancy 67.94%

Well, this is embarrassing. Basically this is the equivalent of locking your keys outside your car with it running.

What I did:
I used gpedit.msc to restrict windows from automatically installing generic drivers.

What I did after:
I went on a driver deleting/rebooting frenzy in device manager to remove various drivers and their duplicates. In the process I deleted my keyboard and mouse drivers.

Why I did it:
I'm currently trying to diagnose a BSOD error, and I'm installing fresh drivers from the ground up for all devices.

In my BSOD diagnosing rage, I deleted the keyboard/mouse drivers without even thinking about the consequences. I plugged in PS/2 keyboard/mouse assuming it would work. WRONG.

Now what the hell am I supposed to do?

A:Help me get control of my keyboard/mouse!!!

First of all, keep calm. Drink some hot tea. Why did you want to restrict your computer from installing drivers automaticly anyway?

It would be wonderful if you had some kind of abillity to acces the computer on remote, like using logmeing or something. this way you can access your computer by remote and reinstall the drivers.

Otherwise I'd say you're somewhat forced to make a fresh reinstall...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/help-me-get-control-of-my-keyboard-mouse-668552.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Every couple of hours I am losing control over my keyboard and mouse and random windows open up and complete gibberish gets typed in. I have scanned my computer completely with AVG and I'm not getting anything back. What do I do?

Also these are my specs if this helps at all.

Operating System
MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit SP1
CPU
Intel Core i5 2500K @ 3.30GHz 48 C
Sandy Bridge 32nm Technology
RAM
16.0 GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 824MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard
ASUSTeK Computer INC. P8Z68-V GEN3 (LGA1155) 28 C
Graphics
SMB2430H ([email protected])
AMD Radeon HD 6800 Series (ASUStek Computer Inc)
Hard Drives
977GB PJ9203QHX1ANPA (RAID)

A:Losing control over keyboard and mouse

If keyboard or mouse is wireless (including Bluetooth) try new batteries.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/losing-control-over-keyboard-and-mouse.1071777/
Relevancy 67.08%

Hey everyone.

I hope this is the correct place for this kind of problem.

I would say, about two months or so ago, i starten having the problem where devices that are plugged in to the USB ports stopped responding.

Mouse went dead (Using the Logitech G9x, and the "sensitivity" light would start flashing)
Keyboard went dead
Headset sort of died, i still had sound, but i am unable to use voice.

Only solution was a "hard shutdown" of the computer.

The problem have been there since then, with an average crash every other day, and some days up to 3-4 times.

I'm not sure what other information i should add, but let me know and i will supply it.

Thanks in advance
- Fesgen

p.s. Might also add that during this time i have also had quite a few randomly apearing BSOD

A:Loss of Mouse and Keyboard control.

Hello and welcome Fesgen mate I am wondering if you have checked the drivers for updates if not have a look at these
GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket 1155 - GA-Z77P-D3 (rev. 1.0)

You mention you cannot remember what memory you have so have a read of this

Using HW Info general components

DownloadHW Info and pick the right bit version - HWiNFO, HWiNFO32/64 - Download - (copy andpaste this site into the search bar) If you do not need the running informationin the smaller right hand panel close it. In the left hand window click on the+ for the individual device groupings and they will open out to the variouscomponents.

Goon opening out further until you get to the device itself. click on it and itwill highlight. In the right hand window there will be a very detaileddescription of that device as in brand, speeds model number etc etc These arevery detailed and are just what is needed for searching for drivers etc.

Seemy pic for an example - in this I have opened out one my components and then highlighted one of the one you need andyou can see the detail. (It is a pic of my RAM)
Now I am not good at reading those dump files but a frequent problem is a memory one so read this

MEMTEST

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/105647-ram-test-memtest86.htmlthis one you will need to make a bootable disk set theBIOS to optical (or USB if preferred) boot the machine and let it run for at LEAST 8passes unless the errors come up straight away. Takes fair timeto complete and some leave it running overnight.

When yourun the memtest if the errors come up straight away a in my pic thenyou will need to test each stick if you have more than one and if it is onlyone then test again in another slot because it could also be a fault on theboard.
Remember 8 passes minimum

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/343759-loss-mouse-keyboard-control.html
Relevancy 67.08%

How can I control the mouse cursor with my keyboard in Windows XP Pro? Sure it may not be as nice as the mouse and therefore I wouldn't use it always. Just when I code and need to do a little navigating. This way I wouldn't need to keep swaping from keyboard to mouse.

A:HOW: Use keyboard to control mouse cursor

I don't know if Win XP has the function, but go to Start, Help and search for mousekey.

In win98, you would enable it by going to accessibility options and turning it on there.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-use-keyboard-to-control-mouse-cursor.101905/
Relevancy 67.08%

Hello and thanks for being here I am is bad of keyboard out and Mouse went scroll control working on my mother s computer She has Windows XP SP Recently she had a Microsoft keyboard Mouse scroll is out of control and keyboard went bad stop working so she had it replaced and had her system cleaned by the local computer shop Now the mouse is not working The scroll only works some of the time and often the window jumps around haphazardly as though you are spinning the scroll wheel up and down erratically I installed Security and Spybot S amp D and did scans S found a Trojan a Keylogger and something else but they were all in Restore files so I don t know if they are active or not Spybot Mouse scroll is out of control and keyboard went bad found only tracking cookies The mouse is still behaving erratically and I suspect it s the keylogger making it do that Also the screen saver never comes on The screen blinks when it is supposed to go to the screensaver but then it quickly refreshes and goes back to the desktop This occurs without any user input Can you help me figure out if any nasties are living in this machine TIA

A:Mouse scroll is out of control and keyboard went bad

Is anyone monitoring this forum? If there's no assistance to be had here, someone please tell me so I can move on to another forum. Thanks.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/269079/mouse-scroll-is-out-of-control-and-keyboard-went-bad/
Relevancy 66.22%

First off let me System Mouse/Keyboard Control Freeze...No just say I don't know if this is posted in the right spot so if it isn't System Freeze...No Mouse/Keyboard Control it would great if a Mod can move it So anyways my computer has been having these problems since yesterday The entire computer would completely freeze and I would have no mouse or keyboard control If I have music in the background that stops playing or just loops the same seconds over and over I've opened up the side and made sure nothing was lose cleaned out the dust that was in it Ran a few scans Spyware Doctor Ad-Aware Trend Micro Norton Uniblue SpyEraser that have found nothing Ran Uniblue SpeedUpMyPC and Registry Booster which didn't solve the problem either The components in my computer include Intel C D E GHz Stock GB Mushkin Dual Channel RAM BFG GeForce GS W OCZ GameXStream PSU Creative Sound Blaster Audigy SE And it's running Windows XP SP -Bit this problem started before I installed SP Any help is appreciated JK I'll post a HiJackThis log as soon as I can

A:System Freeze...No Mouse/Keyboard Control

Hi xPyro, and welcome to TSF.

I'd say you messed up your registry pretty bad so hijack this log may well be your best course of action but if it comes to that please DO NOT post it here.

Here are instructions if you want to go down that road.

There are however a couple of things we can try first. (scroll down page to see)

To get Expert Help with malware removal:

I recommend that you read this article? "Simply, click on the links to be re-directed.

"Having problems with spyware and pop-ups? - First Steps";
http://www.techsupportforum.com/secu...oval-help.html

Please follow the instructions very carefully; then, post all the requested logs and information; as instructed, in the
HiJackThis Log Help Forum.
http://www.techsupportforum.com/secu...this-log-help/

Please ensure that you create a new thread in the HiJackThis Log Help Forum;
not back here in this one.

When carrying out The 5 Steps,
http://www.techsupportforum.com/secu...oval-help.html

if you cannot complete any of them for whatever reason, just continue on with the next one until they are all completed.
However,it is extremely important to make mention of the fact that you could not complete any of the steps in your post to HiJackThis Log Help Forum.
http://www.techsupportforum.com/secu...this-log-help/

where an Analyst will assist you with other workarounds.

Once done, please be patient, as the Security Team Analysts are usually very busy; one of them will answer your request as soon as they can. .

After your system has been verified as clean, if you are still experiencing those problems come back here and we will assist you further.[/QUOTE]

----------------------------------------------------------------

Even given that you said it started before sp3 was installed i would still recommend you uninstall it until we have finished with the fix. Please advise if you agree to this and i will post link to instructions.

A repair install will possibly sort out your registry problems but first of all i need to have a look at whats on your machine.

Belarc Advisor report - Click on Belarc link, install it and run. When asked to update security definitions... say NO -
the output will then appear in a web browser. If IE6/7 save Belarc in mht format (page, save as, single web archive - mht format);
if Firefox - save as a web page in html format.

Use Belarc Advisor it builds a detailed profile of your installed software and hardware, including Microsoft Hotfixes, and displays the results in your Web browser. All of your PC profile information is kept private on your PC and is not sent to any web server.

Then send it to me in an email. I will send you a private message with contact details.

Then i will edit out your licence details and post a copy of the report back here with further instructions.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/system-freeze-no-mouse-keyboard-control-286149.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hello, I have a semi-weird question. Is it possible to control multiple computers using one keyboard, mouse and monitor? I would like to be able to do the same task at the same time on many computers (8 or 10). I understand they would have to all be running the same operating system and screen resolution and pretty much same everything else. I know it is an odd question, but I was hoping that someone could tell me of a way to do it. A piece of hardware or software that would allow it. The computers will all be located in the same place, so no remote desktop connections are necessary. Please let me know if it is possible. Thanks so much!

A:Control multiple computers with one keyboard and mouse?

Hello!

I've heard this program works well with 2 computers, but I believe it is compatable with more than 2 computers. If it looks good to you then I would suggest going to the YouTube link for a tutorial to set it up. YouTube would be able to explain much more clearly than I could.

http://synergy-foss.org/ - Program
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o2H3vO2otlg - Tutorial Video

NOTE: You may need to Port forward your Router

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/control-multiple-computers-with-one-keyboard-and-mouse.1093853/
Relevancy 66.22%

L aptop is sager np I connect my laptop to an external monitor and use an external keyboard and wireless mouse I have usb ports in my laptop but broke B ecause of that one of the ports i connect the usb for wireless mouse The other port is those port hub where i connect my keyboard and other things to it thus i can connect few things to that usb one hub with multiple ports So i noticed this problem when i was online where when i was trying to log into my accounts i couldn't log in I then noticed the reason was because everytime i pressed shift it kept on pasting a line that i had earlier copied and paste etc S o when i press shift let say the word i had copied and paste earlier was notebookreview Out and Issues? of Laptop Mouse Going Control...Keyboard S o when i type in shift it would type notebookreview I f i press it again it would type in notebookreview times or times Thus if im typing in a password and let say my password was Review Well i have to Shift R then type eview But i couldn't log in and notice because everytime i press shift it would type in notebookrevieweview Normally i log into accounts by copy and pasting from keepass but i have huge issue with that as well so that was why i was typing it manually The other issue is i noticed keepass Laptop Going Out of Control...Keyboard and Mouse Issues? which i use for password when i clicked on an account it would have that A dd entry box meaning i want to create a new entry I then X it out but it keeps reappearing over and over again I can't close it The only way was to control alt delete then close program W hen i do this you see a message very Laptop Going Out of Control...Keyboard and Mouse Issues? quickly before it shuts that this program is not responding So i then open keepass again and when i put in my passcode etc i then click on any account and i get same message over and over T he only way i could fix it was unplug the usb hub which included Laptop Going Out of Control...Keyboard and Mouse Issues? my external keypad Then on my laptop go and pressed Fn and Ins Number lock When i did this i was able to X the Add Entry in keepass with the mouse scrollpad on my laptop But when i then connected the usb hub back to one of the ports on my laptop i get the same issue over again with keepass and the add entry Im pretty positive this has to do with my laptop keyboard though i dont believe its the mouse My other issue is earlier today on certain sites it kept pressing enter enter enter over and over It was like my keyboard was out of control I then noticed that when i unconnected my usb hub from my usb port on laptop and also the external monitor so i could use the laptop just by itself the keyboard doesn't even type at all Does that mean my keyboard is broken I cannot type anything at all Right now im typing on my external keyboard attached to a port of the usb hub that is attached to one of the usb ports on my laptop When i mention my keyboard was out of control i meant my external keyboard attached to the usb hub which is connected to one of the usb ports on my laptop I used avast and malwarebytes though free version and it doesn't show any viruses of any sort C an someone tell me what i can do here T his is really frustrating and i have no idea why im having this issue But my laptop keyboard doesn't seem to work at all Earlier i did but it only typed in letters Does anyone here have this issue or know what this could be what is strange is sometimes the laptop keyboard could type but when i type a lot of stuff like afjkaljflsdfjla then once i backspace i could only backspace a few letters then my laptop keyboard can no longer type

A:Laptop Going Out of Control...Keyboard and Mouse Issues?

okay right after i posted this, i tried typing from my laptop keyboard and letters and numbers did show up. the backspace didnt. then after a bit... laptop keyboard no longer worked. so now typing again on my external keyboard connected to usb port that is connected to my laptop usb port. so right now im going to press shift 2 times. what you will see is what it looks like when i press shift 2 times after this line. the nonbolded part is basically me pressing shift 2 times... then you can see it pasted the same thing twice.
Laptop is sager np 2740. I connect my laptop to an external monitor and use an external keyboard and wireless mouse. I have 3 usb ports in my laptop but 1 broke. Because of that, one of the ports i connect the usb for wireless mouse. The other port is those port hubs where i connect my keyboard and other things to it. thus i can connect few things to that usb hub.
So i noticed this problem when i was online where when i was trying to log into my accounts, i couldn't log in. I then noticed the reason was because everytime i pressed shift, it kept on pasting a line that i had earlier copied and paste etc. So when i press shift... let say the word i had copied and paste earlier was notebookreview. So when i type in shift... it would type notebookreview. If i press it again... it would type in notebookreview 2 times or 4 times. Thus if im typing in a password and let say my password was Review. Well i have to Shift R then type eview. But i couldn't log in and notice because everytime i press shift... it would type in notebookreview. Normally i log into accounts by copy and pasting from keepass but i have huge issue with that as well so that was why i was typing it manually.
The other issue is i noticed keepass2 which i use for password, when i clicked on an account, it would have that Add entry box meaning i want to create a new entry. I then X it out but it keeps reappearing over and over again. I can't close it. The only way was to control alt delete then close program. When i do this, you see a message very quickly before it shuts that this program is not responding. So i then open keepass again and when i put in my passcode etc, i then click on any account and i get same message over and over. The only way i could fix it was unplug the usb hub which included my external keypad. Then on my laptop... go and pressed Fn and Ins Number lock. When i did this, i was able to X the Add Entry in keepass2 with the mouse scrollpad on my laptop.But when i then connected the usb hub back to one of the 2 ports on my laptop, i get the same issue over again with keepass and the add entry. Im pretty positive this has to do with my laptop/keyboard though i dont believe its the mouse.
My other issue is earlier today on certain sites, it kept pressing enter enter enter over and over. It was like my keyboardout of control. I then noticed that when i unconnected my usb hub from my usb port on laptop and also the external monitor... so i could use the laptop just by itself... the keyboard doesn't even type at all. Does that mean my keyboard is broken? I cannot type anything at all. Right now im typing on my external keyboard attached to a port of the usb hub that is attached to one of the 2 usb ports on my laptop. When i mention my keyboard was out of control, i meant my external keyboard attached to the usb hub which is connected to one of the 2 usb ports on my laptop.
I used avast and malwarebytes though free version and it doesn't show any viruses of any sort. Can someone tell me what i can do here? This is really frustrating and i have no idea why im having this issue. But my laptop keyboard doesn't seem to work at all. Earlier i did but it only typed in letters. Does anyone here have this issue or know what this could be?
Laptop is sager np 2740. I connect my laptop to an external monitor and use an external keyboard and wireless mouse. I have 3 usb ports in my laptop but 1 broke. Because of that, one of the ports ... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/400333-laptop-going-out-control-keyboard-mouse-issues.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Started with the redirect and then not being able to open .exe, after searching around and trying to install different spyware programs I tried the combofix only to see that the computer is infected with the Zero Access rootkit. Once I realized that, it froze up and now the mouse and keyboard are unresponsive once in Windows. Has anyone come to this point yet? Will keep watching this topic! This rootkit is a b*%#$!

A:Zero Access Rootkit - No mouse/keyboard control

Hello and Welcome to the forums! My name is Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems. Somethings to remember while we are working together.Do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!Please Do not Attach logs or put in code boxes.Tell me about any problems that have occurred during the fix.Tell me of any other symptoms you may be having as these can help also.Do not run anything while running a fix.We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.Click on the Watch Topic Button and select Immediate Notification and click on proceed, this will help you to get notified faster when I have replied and make the cleaning process faster.In order for me to see the status of the infection I will need a new set of logs to start with.Please print out or make a copy in notpad of any instructions given, as sometimes it is necessary to go offline and you will lose access to them.DeFogger: Please download DeFogger to your desktop.

Double click DeFogger to run the tool.
The application window will appear Click the Disable button to disable your CD Emulation drivers Click Yes to continue A 'Finished!' message will appear Click OKDeFogger may ask you to reboot the machine, if it does - click OKDo not re-enable these drivers until otherwise instructed.Download DDS:Please download DDS by sUBs from one of the links below and save it to your desktop:
Download DDS and save it to your desktop

Link1
Link2
Link3

Please disable any anti-malware program that will block scripts from running before running DDS.

Double-Click on dds.scr and a command window will appear. This is normal.Shortly after two logs will appear:
DDS.txt Attach.txtA window will open instructing you save & post the logsSave the logs to a convenient place such as your desktopCopy the contents of both logs & post in your next replyScan With RKUnHookerPlease Download Rootkit Unhooker Save it to your desktop.Now double-click on RKUnhookerLE.exe to run it.Click the Report tab, then click Scan.Check (Tick) Drivers, Stealth,. Uncheck the rest. then Click OK.Wait till the scanner has finished and then click File, Save Report.Save the report somewhere where you can find it. Click Close.Copy the entire contents of the report and paste it in a reply here.Note** you may get this warning it is ok, just ignore"Rootkit Unhooker has detected a parasite inside itself!It is recommended to remove parasite, okay?""just click on Cancel, then Accept".information and logs:In your next post I need the following

.logs from DDSlog from RKUnHookerlet me know of any problems you may have hadGringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/416593/zero-access-rootkit-no-mousekeyboard-control/
Relevancy 65.79%

Hi, I am looking for a good remote control for the keyboard and mouse on Windows 8. I had an Android app that I was using under Windows 7 but the mouse won't work under Windows 8. The developer said this is not possible on Windows 8 touch screen devices. I am now considering hardware remote controls but I'm concerned about the mouse issue before purchasing. Any input on keyboard and mouse remote controls that work under Windows 8/8.1 would be very welcome. Thanks!

A:Good Windows 8 Remote Control for Keyboard and Mouse

Hi, if you still have your Android phone or tablet you can use Vectir Remote Control. I am successfully using this for controlling the mouse and keyboard on a Windows 8 touch screen computer. It has a dedicated keyboard and mouse driver which will make it work on any Windows PC. It also works really well as a VLC and iTunes remote control.

Android remote control app download:
https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....androidclient

Vectir PC remote control download:
Vectir - IR, WiFi and Bluetooth Remote Control, Mobile Phone PC Media Player Controller

Hope I've helped!

http://www.eightforums.com/software-apps/63561-good-windows-8-remote-control-keyboard-mouse.html
Relevancy 65.79%

I run avg, norton, esed nod 32, karpersky and none of the detected the virus. However, pc is extremely out of use. From the start, the pc permanently crackles (the sounds come from the speakers, the headphone an inside of the monitor..) and every blank space is filled with "12121212..." when I tried to formet the pc, I couldn't sucess to type the license key just because of that. Other than formatting, what else left as a solution to get rid of this virus. (I am sure it is virus) Should I remove and reload mouse, keyboard but how? I don't know how to left the formatting. I am stuck in the step requiring the key licence. How can I quit there??? please help

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/virus-took-all-the-control-of-pc-including-mouse-keyboard-need-help-formatting-408957.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Yesterday I successfully wiped my computer and reinstalled windows. Everything seemed to be fine until I tried to install the INF driver. It did its thing and then said click next to continue. At this point I realized my mouse and keyboard didn't work. I restarted the computer and noticed that the mouse and keyboard glowed as if they were working until windows started up at which point they stopped glowing and I couldn't use them. Because of this I'm pretty sure I have access to the BIOS options but nothing else. Does anyone know what went wrong or how I can fix this problem? A speedy response would be greatly appreciated as I now have limited access to a computer.

A:lost control of mouse and keyboard after installing INF driver

Try last known configuration. Instructions can be found here.

If successful do a driver rollback for the device you unsuccessfully updated. Instructions found here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lost-control-of-mouse-and-keyboard-after-installing-inf-driver.946168/
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi All, I visit thee forums frequently but rarely post. Anyhow, on to my issue -

I am running an HTPC on Win7 64-bit. I have a Microsoft Arc keyboard, no mouse. I can do most navigation, etc with a keyboard fine (majority of the time it's in Media Center anyhow) but there are a few applications/buttons that are inaccessible without using a mouse/cursor. Windows has Mouse Keys built-in but you must use the numeric keypad to control which is not an option for me (or most laptop users probably). I have done some searching but haven't found a solution yet. Ideally, in a perfect world, I wish I could do something as simple as when I hold down another button the arrow keys could be used to move mouse instead of normal arrow key movement.

A:Help Please! Control mouse/cursor with keyboard lacking numeric keypad

hum....and can you please tell me again why buying of an USB mouse is not an option for you?

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/109239-help-please-control-mouse-cursor-keyboard-lacking-numeric-keypad.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi everyone, I got a new mobo and cpu yesterday and after installing all the parts I put my old hdd in, after the pc boots I got an error; no hard disk detected. i know the hdd is fine because i put it back in my old build and it booted fine, i know when installing a new mobo you should format which ive been trying to do but when i reach the window where you choose the language theres no mouse or keyboard working, and i know the mouse and keyboard is fine because i used both in the boot menu. my current specs are p8z68-v asus intel i5 2500k nvidia 560ti asus corsair 850watts 8gb ram 500gb hdd ps; sorry for poor grammar and spelling mistakes but was forced to write this on my phone. Also, i looked in my bios and it clearly names both my hdd and blu ray drive.

A:New mobo doesn't detect HDD, no mouse or keyboard control in Windows setup

First, try the basics. Take out the 560 and just install the RAM, CPU, HDD and PSU and see if you can get to BIOS.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-mobo-doesnt-detect-hdd-no-mouse-or-keyboard-control-in-windows-setup.178133/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi, I really could use some help here. My computer has been acting up of late. when starting it up the keyboard works alright(pressing f8 brings up the bootup options and all) but as soon it reachs the logon page, the mouse dont work, the keyboard just dies. Even pressing the numberlock key doesn't get a response, and honestly I'm stumped. Any ideas?

Avagut

A:Keyboard& Mouse die on xp boot up

USB keyboard/mouse?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/keyboard-mouse-die-on-xp-boot-up.44050/
Relevancy 59.34%

I couldn't quite find a forum that was a good match for my question so I went with General Hope I'm in the right place Win Home mouse any not CD or recognizing keyboard Boot Premium bit SP- There is a cloning program that I use and really like called EZ Gig IV It's made by Apricorn I know there are a million free programs out there Boot CD not recognizing any mouse or keyboard and I've tried a lot of them but this one is so simple and really meets my needs So would appreciate avoiding recommendations to change programs Thanks They just updated their software version with some bug fixes and enhancements and now their Boot CD no longer recognizes my USB keyboard or mouse I've even tried swapping them with other brands Oddly it works fine on my wife's PC Slightly different model computer but same HP and OS Their last version of Boot CD worked fine Also their updated program works fine within Windows It's just the updated Boot CD v EZ Gig allows free downloads of their Boot CD if forms A bootable file made once the program is running in Windows an ISO file I've tried both with same issue Here's the link http www apricorn com products software ezgig html I spoke with their Tech Support and was told there is nothing that can be done Perhaps true I have no experience in this area but am hoping there is a way to use their ISO file and somehow combine it with a Windows file that would provide the drivers or whatever is missing and make the thing see my keyboard and mouse I've heard some things about Windows PE but don't know if that's applicable Sorry for the long post Thanks all

A:Boot CD not recognizing any mouse or keyboard

If you want to go with the WinPE option, here is one of the easier video tutorials.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sQGujsHcq6U

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/312888-boot-cd-not-recognizing-any-mouse-keyboard.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hello all First post here hoping for some help One of of Keyboard because can't USB boot it work won't Mouse and or my secretaries' computers USB keyboard and mouse all USB Keyboard or Mouse won't work and can't boot because of it of the sudden decided not to work when attempting to wake it up from sleep So she was forced to hold down the power button to turn it off and turn it back on Its running Windows Well now on boot up it stops at a DOS page that says The last attempt to resume the system from its previous location failed Attempt to resume again Option Continue with system resume Option Delete USB Keyboard or Mouse won't work and can't boot because of it restoration data and proceed to system boot menu However since the keyboard isn't working I can't select either one so we are stuck on this page Things we've tried - Tried every USB port on the back and front- Tried different USB keyboard from known working keyboards- Turned completely off power cable unplugged- Turned completely off removed CMOS battery to reset BIOS I'm completely stumped The only USB Keyboard or Mouse won't work and can't boot because of it thing else I know to try but can't right now is with a serial port keyboard I have a usb to serial converter at home but left it there this morning naturally Any other ideas besides trying a ps keyboard Thanks

A:USB Keyboard or Mouse won't work and can't boot because of it

I'd boot from a repair CD.  If you don't have one, go to another Windows 7 PC, click Start -> Control Panel -> Backup and Restore -> Create a system repair disc.  Use a 32 or 64 bit system to match the problem PC.  Insert a blank CD-R and it'll create it.  Then boot from the repair CD on the problem computer.

Good luck.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/536623/usb-keyboard-or-mouse-wont-work-and-cant-boot-because-of-it/
Relevancy 59.34%

Problem happened after a shutdown left off overnight and turned on in the morning No Keyboard response when quot user login window quot comes up No Mouse arrow or any indication one is on the system a Logitech Trackball is connected Everything appeared to be working properly the day before There Keyboard/Mouse before on Solved: not gone Boot XP - was initially a single shutdown before the power down and power up in the morning when Solved: Keyboard/Mouse gone on XP Boot - not before this happened Turn on the machine e-machine e-machine keyboard during quot boot quot there is a screen with the XP logo or some such and a quot progress meter quot across the bottom of the screen It gets to about then pauses for a few seconds and continues to load All of that is normal During the time it is paused and before this the Caps Lock and Scrool Lock lights will come on and off by pressing the appropriate keys But when I get to the user login screen the lights no longer respond to the pressing of the Caps Lock nor Scroll keys nor can I type in a password If I boot to DOS create DOS disk from different XP system the keyboard works but I can t see the harddrive Use the original recover CD s and boot to command prompt and the keyboard works but I can t see the hard drive If it were only the keyboard then one might think something like mskey exe was one of the things loaded during the quot pause quot mskey doesn t affect the mouse does it Is there a way around this other than just doing a complete recovery Thanks De nbsp

A:Solved: Keyboard/Mouse gone on XP Boot - not before

Additional Information:
On re-install, it happened again after severl good boots. Same thing again later after another re-install. Bad hard drive replaced, another re-install and things working o.k. now.

Thus it appears that the only fix was to do a (partial - if possible) re-install.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-keyboard-mouse-gone-on-xp-boot-not-before.307510/
Relevancy 59.34%

my keyboard and mouse doesnt work when i boot my pc..but when i tried it again and again only my mouse will work but during startup repair it will not function again...whats the problem with my pc?
is it the mouse and keyboard or its inside the cpu ?

pls help me...i need your help pls...
thank u ‼

A:mouse and keyboard not functioning during boot up

If your keyboard and mouse are USB, have you tried plugging them into different USB ports to see if they would work?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/273793-mouse-keyboard-not-functioning-during-boot-up.html
Relevancy 59.34%

I saw a post by someone else with similar symptoms but I thought that my problem was different enough that I should create my own thread I boot! don't Mouse/Keyboard work, can't built my computer so here are some simple specs Motherboard ASUS A N-SLI Premium with all updated drivers Memory x GB sticks PC I think but definitely all compatible with mobo Hard drives Seagate gb with Windows Installation Seagate gb with Ubuntu installation and Windows files I was having trouble with Windows suddenly not recognizing my Plantronics Audio USB Headset as a USB Audio Device quot No Audio Device quot in the Sound options under Control Panel I came across a Mouse/Keyboard don't work, can't boot! forum post on some other website with a quote from Mouse/Keyboard don't work, can't boot! Plantronics saying to remove various drivers from the Device Manager I could only remove a few before I ran into Mouse/Keyboard don't work, can't boot! big trouble I removed HID-Compliant Consumer Control Device I think that's what it was called along with HID-Compliant Device there were multiples of both of them and they were next to each other in the same category Human Interface Devices I should have realized that both my Logitech G Keyboard and my Logitech G Wireless Mouse were USB devices and would stop working after removing those drivers Well I was right Apparently I uninstalled both my USB keyboard and USB mouse I had just barely begun following the steps from Plantronic they also said to remove USB Host Controller and another driver that they said would be reinstalled upon restart I restarted hoping that my keyboard and mouse would work upon reboot Here's where my problem gets unique and scary My Logitech USB keyboard doesn't work when I boot up my computer I also tried using a PS keyboard and the lights on the keyboard won't even turn on Same thing with a different simple USB keyboard in any USB port However the LED light on the back of my tower come on for my ethernet cable so I know that part of my motherboard is still working I can't boot to a CD because I can't use any keyboards I can't change my boot order because I can't get into my BIOS I have the newest Ubuntu I think and Windows XP dual booted and my hard drive boots to the GRUB boot loader I can't use my keyboard to boot into Ubuntu nor Windows so I'm stuck What's weird to me is that GRUB used to load into Ubuntu with a countdown but recently the countdown has mysteriously gone away so I can't boot into either OS Any help would be greatly appreciated If you need more information let me know as well Thanks in advance

A:Mouse/Keyboard don't work, can't boot!

Since I can't edit my post after 30 minutes, I guess I'll have to double post.

Previously, I could not boot because my PS/2 keyboard must've been out of whack. Using a different PS/2 keyboard and mouse, my computer is mostly operational. However, I am still experiencing USB problems.

Now, my problem is that since I removed the above Human Interface drivers, the whole Human Interface Devices section is missing from the device manager, and any USB ports fail to work at all; even my printer doesn't work.

EDIT: I noticed that there is a "Universal Serial Bus (USB) Controller" under Other Devices in the Device Manager with a to the left of it. The Device Status said: "The drivers for this device are not installed. (Code 28)", so I clicked Reinstall Drivers, and I chose the default USB controller (the only one listed if Show Compatible Hardware is checked). It reinstalled my drivers and now the mouse and keyboard both work again. I guess that solves the problem!

If someone wants to close this thread, feel free. I would recommend leaving it up for anyone else who experiences these problems, though.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/mouse-keyboard-dont-work-cant-boot-441862.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Edit: I'm not using my computer right now. Due the the problem that I can use a mouse or keyboard on my main computer.

I'm not sure that this is in the right place, but here i go.
You see I was installing Microsoft Visual Studio 9.0, but then my keyboard stopped functioning, and so did the mouse. You see when i turned on the computer the boot screen is black. So when I tried another keyboard, my computer could boot, except the keyboard doesn't work. Neither does the mouse. I tried another keyboard and mouse. Nuthin. Please help.
The info i can provide about my computer is.
I run on XP Home Edition
I have Compaq Desktop.

Relevancy 59.34%

This the second time that immediatly post microsoft update there is a long delay before the mouse and keyboard are operative.
They work for the cmos boot then turn off for 2 or 3 minutes before allowing password for windows.

I had to set my computer to a prior setting last time.

I also notice that when I allow this state to proceed - inevitably I have trouble with my mouse - as though someone else is using it.

Anyone else having this problem?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-boot-of-keyboard-and-mouse.1075071/
Relevancy 59.34%

I performed an upgrade to windows 10 and had some difficulty with usb ports and my blu-ray drive not working. I then decided to restore back to previous OS. The restore brought me back to Windows 10 again(possibly the upgrade version) and my blu-ray drive seemed to be working. I still had trouble with the usb ports so I decided to switch back to Windows 7. In doing this, my wireless keyboard and mouse stopped working. I tried a usb mouse and keyboard but this didn't work either. Are there any solutions?

A:keyboard and mouse not working at boot up

Do you have a restore point that is prior to your attempt to upgrade to Windows 10?

If so, I would suggest that you attempt to restore to that. I can do no better than that. I too attempted to "upgrade" to Windows 10 but have had to return to my previous OS.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keyboard-and-mouse-not-working-at-boot-up.1154572/
Relevancy 59.34%

I have a logitech wave keyboard that is not being reconginzed on boot up. I recieve the error " Cannot locate keyboard or mouse", something to that effect (at work right now, can't remember exactly), so anyway, it hangs,...I plug in a wired board and it boots no problem. Then Logitech wave and Perormance MX mouse work great.
The were purchased separately and run off two separate usb receivers ( haven't been able to unify them in Logitech software yet, but I don't think that's the issue. Drives are current and updated. It should still recognize the keyboard thru the USB card on boot up...So what am I missing???
Thanks in advance for your response...

A:Wireless keyboard/ mouse no go on boot

How are your BIOS settings? Is the BIOS up to date? Are USB devices enabled fully?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/40157-wireless-keyboard-mouse-no-go-boot.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Let me start out from the day before when my computer was working fine after I came back from work, I left my computer on for the night (normaly do this leaving on some apps running so they can finsh there job). Skip foward to the next day, I come back from work and found my brother saying the computer was acting funny that day (current day) saying that the Keyboard, Mouse, and Monitor won't boot up when he turns on the computer. I have to give it a few reboots till it starts to work again.
Please help.

Specs:
AMD64 X2 Dual 4200+
2.20 GHZ, 1.5 GB of Ram
Geforce XFX 8600GT 256MB
Acer AL1916 ASD LCD Monitor
Nexxtech NKB Keyboard
Logitech Optical Mouse

A:Keyboard, Mouse, and Monitor boot problems

does it work in safemode? maybe try a system restore to a restore point just prior to the problem.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/keyboard-mouse-and-monitor-boot-problems-211252.html
Relevancy 58.48%

I've recently took apart and cleaned my pc plus i popped a new processor in, everything fine until i went to re-install the logitech wireless mouse. XP boots normally except for the fact that the keyboard and mouse drivers wont load at all, so I can't even get to msconfig to do a clean boot. I have Xp PE and the keyboard and mouse work fine in that as well as the bootable Knoppix o/s/. So the question is can I change the msconfig manually and set up a clean boot? Is there anything else I can check?

Many thanks

df

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keyboard-and-mouse-failure-cant-clean-boot.598569/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hey guys! trying to recover from a system crash here.. One of the issues was me not being able to install/uninstall microsoft antivirus, since it seems some files were deleted which it needed. I tracked that issue to yet another issue what windows installer could not start, which suggested me to check if it was enables in Msservice.exe, which I couldn't start either.

After some googling, I found a fix on MS website, which moved some dll around and asked me to reboot PC. After doing so, it stopped recognizing my keyboard and mouse (both usb) at the login screen, they are completely dead even thou they work on boot and in bios (and are detected in bios).

I tried to restoring to the point before the "fix", but same issue. Any ideas what I can do? I have recovery CD, but repair ain't helping, nor does safe mode. Windows 7, 64 bit.

Regards.

A:Keyboard/mouse works on boot but not login

Have you checked your system for any Virus's and Malware...these are known to do what your experiencing. Have you run a registry cleaner to clean and remove any left over strings that aren't needed or used, which can cause some problems with the un-install/install of software.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/208033-keyboard-mouse-works-boot-but-not-login.html
Relevancy 58.48%

The heading say's it guys...

At what stage after I boot should the keyboard and mouse start? When I switch on my PC I get this screen...

AMERICAN MEGATRENDS
AMIBIOS © 2011 American Megatrtends Inc.
ASUS P8H61-M LE/USB3 ACPI BIOS Revision 4501
CPU: Intel ® Core ™ i7-2600K
CPU @ 3.40GHz SPEED: 3400MHz

Total Memory: 16384MB (DDR3-1333)

USB Devices Total: 0 Drive, 0 Keyboard, 0 Mouse, 5 Hubs

Detected ATA/ATAPI Devices...
SATA3G_1: WDC WD5000AAKX-001CA0
SATA3G_2: WDC WD10EZEX-08RKKA0
SATAG_3: ATAPI iHAS5224 B

NO Keyboard Detected
Press F1 to run SETUP     

How am I supposed to do this, if there is no keyboard detected? 

My keyboard and mouse don't kick in until just after I see the 'Starting Windows (animated flag screen)'. Which isn't much good, if I want to enter the BIOS!

A:At what stage after I boot should the keyboard and mouse start?

If your keyboard is connected via usb switch to the ps2 port (do this when the system is OFF) and boot. Enter the bios and look for a setting that says "usb at boot" or something similar. Enable that option, save the change and reboot. Shut down the system and switch the keyboard back to usb (or, if you prefer, you can leave it connected to the ps2 port)

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/572480/at-what-stage-after-i-boot-should-the-keyboard-and-mouse-start/
Relevancy 58.48%

Please Help Me I have a HP SlimLine DeskTop w OEM Vista Basic It's about years old or so sorry that is all the details I have right now - I am posting this from work My husband was using the computer Saturday but kept getting a bunch on internet explorer Screen, Black Won't Boot, No Mouse/KeyBoard errors common for us - we have Time Warner Cable No big deal - he shut it down Sunday I try to boot it up Get to my desktop everything seems fine - then screen gets all pixelated mosaic looking No Mouse I shut it down start it up again This time I get to the blue screen that asks start normal safe etc But the screen again goes weird No mouse Shut down start it again - this time it goes to some kind of quot Start-Up Repair quot but then goes to a black screen amp does nothing So I shut it Won't Boot, Black Screen, No Mouse/KeyBoard off again I give up at this point amp just leave it off until yesterday I go to boot it up - green Won't Boot, Black Screen, No Mouse/KeyBoard lights flicker across keyboard then go off green light on tower flickers then goes out Screen remains black No keyboard no mouse Won't Boot, Black Screen, No Mouse/KeyBoard no beeps nothing but I can hear the fan running It's like it's trying to boot up but not making it very far I haven't opened it up yet - I'm a bit of a novice when it comes to hardware Does anyone have any idea what the problem is or what I should do I don't have any recovery discs or anything - but I don't even know if that would work anyway Before this happenned there were no updates virus Please help - I'm lost Thank you in advance

A:Won't Boot, Black Screen, No Mouse/KeyBoard

Might be a BSOD,follow these instructions
Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

You can try this to be able to boot
Create a Recovery Disc

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/282983-wont-boot-black-screen-no-mouse-keyboard.html
Relevancy 58.48%

I have a new Dell Inspiron 2350
windows 8.1
for the last week or so the usb wireless keyboard and mouse do not work when the system is booted or after coming out of deep sleep mode. I have to unplug the usb dongle and plug it in again for them to work.

I have already checked the powering saving settings for these devices, and it is disabled.
There is no setting in the bios that I can see which would cause this.
I have re-installed the drivers.
I have tried different USB port.
Dell have even replaced the keyboard and mouse and batteries, same problem.

Anyone got any other ideas?

A:usb keyboard and mouse not working after boot or sleep

Check your Bios settings to make sure that Legacy USB is on. Also there are issues still to this day with Dell computers and Windows Sleep mode. Did you install any manufacturer software for the keyboard? Make any changes to USB device management in Devices or in the Power Profile?

It does help to know the manufacturer & model of the USB keyboard and mouse. That way if someone else is having issues and sees this thread. They can hopefully see a solution if we find one.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/46443-usb-keyboard-mouse-not-working-after-boot-sleep.html
Relevancy 58.48%

When I switch on this machine, nothing happened, the monitor was in power save mode, keyboard and mouse were not light. There are no POST beeps or flashes, the network port has no light too. I can hear the fans running normally The display has no signal at any time so could not know what messages were showed. I've followed the steps suggested in this forum but the situation remian unchanged. All these happened after I did a data migration from an INTEL SSD(OS) to a samsung 850 EVO SSD.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/Monitor-Mouse-and-Keyboard-no-response-when-boot-up/td-p/5766024
Relevancy 58.48%

There is a problem with Windows it doesn t start and I get Vista work and dvd don't Keyboard mouse with boot when I a blue screen Keyboard and mouse don't work when I boot with Vista dvd error I want to repair it with Windows Vista dvd or maybe reinstall Windows The problem is when I boot from Vista dvd mouse and keyboard don t responding I have tried it with usb keyboard and mouse but they didn t work have tried with ps keyboard and usb mouse with ps adapter but again neither of them worked I was able to use them when I booted from Vista dvd before but sometimes having the same problem But sometimes after trying sometimes after trying I was being able to use the mouse and keyboard when booted from Vista dvd If Vista start screen while booting from dvd passed slowly I was able to use the mouse and the keyboard But when it passed fast they were not Keyboard and mouse don't work when I boot with Vista dvd working And now it is passing quickly and unfortunately mouse and keyboard doesn t responidng I have tried booting from Vista dvdmore than times but no they are not responding About the Vista not booting from hard-drive problem it started when I did an error while installing new graphics card drivers months ago At first Vista gave me a blue screen everytime I try to boot Vista even when I tried repairing it with Vista dvd Then I did a few things and the problem reduced to rarely-sometimes giving a blue screen All the options including safe mode in boot menu of Windows from harddisk don t work they all respond with a blue screen error So I think I should reinstall Windows to solve the problem completely but unfortunately like I said when I boot from Windows Vista dvd mouse and keyboard don t respond A few days ago I bought Windows Guess what happened Keyboard and mouse didn t work again Then I unplug the pc headphone from an usb port and this time keyboard and mouse worked Then I installed Windows and got very happy Everything was working fine until a few minutes ago Windows gave a blue-screen with the same message which was displayed with Windows Vista I tried to boot into Windows Repair again keyboard and mouse didn t work Tried with Windows dvd they didn t work again I looked at my pc headphone it was unplugged I unplugged all the unnecessary devices from their ports tried again keyboard and mouse didn t work again From bios I disabled usb and lan problem continued While it is trying to boot with Windows or Vista dvd i feel like it doesn t load the necessary components because the menu screen opens very quickly if it opens slowly keyboard and mouse works What maybe the problem and how can I solve this problem mouse and keyboard not responding problem nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keyboard-and-mouse-dont-work-when-i-boot-with-vista-dvd.900399/
Relevancy 58.48%

i m really lost i just disconnected my computer last night worked fine then just about an hour ago i went to hook it back up again started it up just after it detected all my drives i got one of those error beeps keyboard one i believe then it continues on the lights on mouse boot not up..... keyboard {RESOLVED} at - or detecting the keyboard even do that typical flashy thingie then does the usual cdrom boot check then i get another error beep then my screen goes black and it waits till i press a key i think because when i ve hit ctrl it moves on to load windows then when it gets to the quot press ctrl-alt-del to login quot screen nothing works the keyboard doesn t respond the caps light won t even come on and plus there is no cursor pretty poor grammer and even english in that description so i hope someone is able to decode it i would really appreciate any help thanx in advance nbsp

A:{RESOLVED} - not detecting keyboard or mouse at boot up.....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/resolved-not-detecting-keyboard-or-mouse-at-boot-up.33090/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hey all. I have a question. My keyboard and mouse are bouth USB, and every time i restart my comp, they work in dos but once windows boots up they just stop working. If i plug in a PS2 mouse and reboot the computer, they USB devices start to work again. I have all the drivers installed and everything, anyone know why the USB keyboard and mouse would stop working like that?

A:Keyboard and Mouse Fail upon windows boot up

What model is your motherboard?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/keyboard-and-mouse-fail-upon-windows-boot-up.60185/
Relevancy 58.48%

First off PC info MOBO ASUS M R -MVP Processor AMD Athalon AM chipset HDD Maxtor not sure of model number or size right off hand RAM Corsair GB X GB Any Other info upon windows shut USB upon boot down Keyboard/mouse request Problem Upon system startup I have full use and control during POST able to enter bios setup and so forth Upon Windows loading USB Keyboard/mouse shut down upon windows boot screen Windows XP Media USB Keyboard/mouse shut down upon windows boot Center keyboard and mouse shut down light inside optical mouse will flash when button is pressed otherwise unresponsive Have tried them in all USB ports including PCI card Have tried keyboard and mouse on another computer still working fine Have tried other mouse and keyboard on problematic machine same problem Have checked BIOS settings and all usb options are enabled Was hoping someone could give me a couple Ideas as to how to fix without slaving drive as I don't normally have time to do this and I want my PC back it's the wife's thats messed up so she uses mine while I'm stuck with our ANCIENT laptop Thank you for your help Azrael

A:USB Keyboard/mouse shut down upon windows boot

Try booting into Safe Mode...does the problem still exist?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/usb-keyboard-mouse-shut-down-upon-windows-boot-418959.html
Relevancy 58.48%

For some reason, the Windows launch time is being delayed by my keyboard and mouse? after the initial boot. it goes to the windows 7 opening screen, but doesn't do the loading animation immediately. 10 seconds later my usb keyboard and mouse go off, and then it loads as usual with the animation. This never use to happen with my old PC even the same OS - windows 7 64bit Home premium - they would turn off immediately and boot.

Is there anyway to make the usb devices shut off earlier?

I also have 2 external usb hard drives (used them in my old computer aswell), but they don't shut off during windows loading so I don't think it is to do with them.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/delayed-os-boot-time-usb-mouse-keyboard.932649/
Relevancy 58.48%

So my keyboard and mouse are completely usable in the bios and during boot but 30 for and Keyboard boot seconds after Mouse unusable once the windows login screen opens up there is a second delay before the keyboard and mouse become Keyboard and Mouse unusable for 30 seconds after boot active This doesn t appear to be a freeze or lag of any type just like the keyboard and mouse hasn t been recognized yet I have a printer and several external drives connected to my computer s USB ports so I tried unplugging everything but the keyboard and mouse The time goes down to about seconds however the last few times I ve tried there was about a second wait for the mouse to work after the keyboard worked With only the mouse and keyboard plugged in I feel this must be either an issue with drivers loading or a specific issue with my USB drivers Here s what I ve done so far to try and troubleshoot Not sure what to do next Used google couldn t find anything that looked related enough to try Unplugged everything but keyboard and mouse from USB ports - Decreased lag time to - secondsenabled boot logging checked file for drivers not loading attached Checked bios for legacy USB enabled it was Double checked AV software only MS Security Essentials and Malwarebytes installed malwarebytes does not run any processes unless I start it up Having multiple USB devices plugged in upon boot should not delay the usability of my keyboard and mouse There must be some reasonable explanation System Specs in signature

A:Keyboard and Mouse unusable for 30 seconds after boot

Hi Andrew

I don't have a solution but I actually need some help on this issue and was wondering if you could answer some questions for me.

I did a service call today for a frozen unbootable Windows 7 computer. When I got it to reboot, it had the 30 second pause for the keyboard and mouse like you described. I noticed there was some trouble with installing some recent Windows updates and once I fixed those, it seemed to work fine.

Here are my questions....

Did you hear any weird sounds from your computer before this happened like a USB device was being connected when one wasn't?

Do you have any recent Windows updates that are listed as having trouble being installed?
(You can usually see them by clicking the Windows Orb in the lower left corner (was the START button in XP) and type in
view reliability history
and that will show you recent failed update installs for the date that you first had this problem.)

Thanks
James

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/447849/keyboard-and-mouse-unusable-for-30-seconds-after-boot/
Relevancy 58.48%

Well yesterday I had left my computer on logged in on Windows and when i got back the undetected keyboard+mouse boot / loop computer was in a continuous boot sequence starts to boot then after about seconds shuts down and then over and over again I reset the power from the back and turned it back on and it started up but with a different boot screen Dynamic Energy Saver Quad Screen lol and not the quot black quot one that normally comes up It happened again last night and I think it happens when I leave my computer logged on in Windows The weird thing was that after I reset the power from the socket which stopped the loop and turned it back on it had me still logged on as a user and everything was like it was before I had left basically like hibernate except that hibernate is disabled on boot loop / keyboard+mouse undetected my computer Well anyway I managed to get rid of the quot new quot quad boot screen that kept coming up and got my original quot black quot one up I did this by fiddling around in BIOS with - settings which I can t remember at the moment But I have noticed now after this incident my mouse and keyboard are not detected UNTIL the login screen comes up which means I can t select the OS i want to boot because i cant select it with keyboard so it automatically boots windows nor can I boot in safe mode How can I resolve it so that mouse keyboard is detected as soon as the computer is started like it was before Help would be really appreciated nbsp

A:boot loop / keyboard+mouse undetected

hi could you run a repair or restore

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/boot-loop-keyboard-mouse-undetected.801560/
Relevancy 58.05%

It seems that Acer Veriton M2610 desktop PC will not start without PS2 keyboard and mouse. I have only USB devices. Is there a workaround the PS2 requirement or do I need to purchase a PS2 mouse and keyboard?

A:Can't boot Acer Veriton desktop without PS2 keyboard & mouse

There are USB to PS2 adapters around which might work for you:http://www.newegg.com/Mouse-Keyboar...Always pop back and let us know the outcome - thanksmessage edited by Derek

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-7/cant-boot-acer-veriton-desktop-without-ps2-keyboard-mouse/19576.html
Relevancy 58.05%

I've got a major Keyboard Vista boot & Mouse Freeze on immediately problem Vista Keyboard & Mouse Freeze immediately on boot on my home machine Vista Home Basic Bit GHz Celeron G Memory G disk G Free MicroInnovations wireless Mouse std Keybd running NAV No new software or hardware additions in the last month I re-booted after MS latest flurry of updates and it seemed Vista Keyboard & Mouse Freeze immediately on boot to come up OK but BOTH the mouse and keyboard were frozen No reponse whatsoever although I can see the desktop fine and the machine seems to be running I determined this by trying to plug in a USB keyboard amp mouse Upon Vista Keyboard & Mouse Freeze immediately on boot doing this Vista beeped and recognized them amp installed drivers but they too were frozen Thinking this could be a virus or malware problem I tried booting to the NAV disk to try and scan but instead of booting I got a BSOD complaining about the file rdacdisk sys amp the error that it unloaded with pending operations Since the machine is a Fry's OEM box it didn't come with a repair CD so I grabbed a spare disk amp reloaded virgin vista to it It booted fine amp that's what I'm running on now My original system disk looks fine I then made a repair CD from the torrent file at neosmart com It too found no problems on my original system disk The disk I used to reload vista is actually too small to load NAV so I'm going to have to dig up something bigger if I want to scan it Or move it to another system with NAV Does any of this sound familiar or match a known problem TIA PS I just realized that my above description was inaccurate When I plugged in the USB keyboard amp mouse things remained frozen because the OS popped up a box prompting me to install the drivers for the new devices Without a keyboard or mouse I couldn't tell it to proceed Also I'm guessing that the described NAV problem was a result of a bad stick of memory which I discovered and replaced afterwards see below

A:Vista Keyboard & Mouse Freeze immediately on boot

Hi again-

It seems no one has any ideas, so here's some more info.

In the process of reloading Vista to a new disk I found that one of my
memory sticks had gone bad so I've replaced it. That still didn't
fix the freezing problem, so let's assume that one or more of the
OS files has been corrupted as a result. Since I don't know how many
other files might be corrupted, the safe thing to do would be to start
over from scratch. But I've got so many apps installed on the old system
that I'd like to try and resurrect it, at least for a while.

I did a binary level file compare on the system32/driver directory between
the old & new installs and while there seemed to be changes in a bunch of
the subdirectories, apart from added drivers from things I'd previously installed
in the old directory, files like kbdclass.sys, mouclass.sys & i8042prt.sys were
the same.

I then rebooted and enabled boot logging on both the old & new OS's and
after a file compare, found that in the old, problem boot, the kbdclass.sys
file is never loaded. I'm guessing this is the root of my problem.

The question now is that since the actual file is not corrupted, which
other file is the one that actually loads or has a list of drivers that are to be
loaded during boot ? I need a very basic flowchart of Vista's normal
boot procedure & the files that are accessed.

My google searches are not being particularly useful (yet).

Thanks again,
-brad a.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/269697-vista-keyboard-mouse-freeze-immediately-boot.html
Relevancy 58.05%

My operating NOT Mouse and Boot switching Working after OS Dual Keyboard - systems are Windows Ultimate -bit Default OS Windows Pro -bit Motherboard ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO Intel Z Problem Mouse and keyboard stop working at the logon screen usually even sooner at Starting Windows loading screen when switching from Windows to Windows But when you switch from Windows to Windows they still work but not vice versa They don't work at the Windows installation menu either when booting Dual Boot - Keyboard and Mouse NOT Working after switching OS from Windows DVD I have tried Unplug mouse and keybaord Nothing Plug-in another keyboard Still nothing It' s like they are being turned off immediately I plug them in Known temporary fixes Turn of PC and disconnect the power cable Put the cable back in and start the PC Mouse and keyboard are now work again If you switch OS again you have to repeat these steps Go to the BIOS settings and change default settings related to USBs Like USB Support to quot Full Initialization quot default Partial Initialization Save changes and restart PC and they should work again Question How can I fix it so that mouse and keyboard always work when booting to a different OS

A:Dual Boot - Keyboard and Mouse NOT Working after switching OS

I got it fixed. The problem was related to USB 3.0.

Solution was to change Intel xHCI Mode from "Smart Auto" to "Auto" (or just disable it) under Advanced - USB Configuration. So it will not use USB 3.0 during the boot.

Note: Also make sure that Legacy USB support it set to Auto or Enabled.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/378185-dual-boot-keyboard-mouse-not-working-after-switching-os.html
Relevancy 58.05%

After graphics problems and a Blue Screen error I ran the Recovery Console USB2 Boot & Keyboard Mouse recognised not after wireless from the XP CD and followed the proceedure on Microsoft s site Article ID which repairs a corrupted Registry This seemed to work OK in that the Blue Screen no longer occurs but after bootup I am USB2 wireless Mouse & Keyboard not recognised after Boot left at the opening screen with non functioning mouse and keyboard I have run the diagnostics program from the Dell Resources CD which suggests all is OK with the system and where the mouse and keyboard work OK I have tried booting into safe mode and a boot to last known good configeration with the same result - no keyboard or mouse function Self evidently I can do nothing in windows to rectify this or indeed perform the backup that I now am desperate to undertake as Dell s answer to the problem to to completely reinstall the operating system I know that the computer is not simply locked as I have tried inserting an autorun CD and this functions OK until manual input is required Functioning device drivers must exist on the harddrive as the problem only arises after the Windows part of the boot sequence Is there a way I can locate and copy files in the DOS mode after loading the Recovery Consule from the XP CD to correct this and get me into Windows My computer is a Dell Dimension running Windows XP Professional SP with G of RAM Two RAID SATA hard drives set up in Stripe configeration Any and all help will be gratefully received nbsp

Relevancy 58.05%

After hitting some website that the popup blocker time stick. and Long Mouse keyboard boot went crazy with now my computer mouse quot sticks quot and the keyboard quits Mouse and keyboard stick. Long boot time responding for a couple Mouse and keyboard stick. Long boot time of seconds at a time After the blocker went crazy the next bootup was quite an ordeal I had to push and hold the quot on quot button several times before the machine would boot Any ideas following is a HJT log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C Mouse and keyboard stick. Long boot time WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System brsvc a exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS System brss a exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exe C Program Files ewido security suite ewidoctrl exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Pure Networks Network Magic nmsrvc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe C PROGRA Nero data Xtras mssysmgr exe C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMBgMonitor exe C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMIndexStoreSvr exe C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMIndexingService exe C Program Files Java jre bin jucheck exe C Hijack HijackThis exe C WINDOWS System notepad exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http start earthlink net R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http www earthlink net partner more msie button search html O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar amp Google - C B - - d - B - A CD F - c program files google googletoolbar dll O - HKLM Run SystemTray SysTray Exe O - HKLM Run SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXE O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run PtiuPbmd Rundll exe ptipbm dll SetWriteBack O - HKLM Run Adobe Photo Downloader quot C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exe quot O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run NeroFilterCheck C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKCU Run PhotoShow Deluxe Media Manager C PROGRA Nero data Xtras mssysmgr exe O - HKCU Run BgMonitor E - C C- d f- C - D A B AA quot C Program Files Common Files Ahead Lib NMBgMonitor exe quot O - Global Startup QuickBooks Update Agent lnk C Program Files Common Files Intuit QuickBooks QBUpdate qbupdate exe O - Global Startup Adobe Reader Speed Launch lnk C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exe O - Extra context menu item Do amp wnload by ReGet Pro - C Program Files Common Files ReGet Shared CC Link htm O - Extra context menu item Download A amp ll by ReGet Pro - C Program Files Common Files ReGet Shared CC All htm O - Extra context menu item Download all by Net Transport - C Program Files Xi NetTransport NTAddList html O - Extra context menu item Download by... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-and-keyboard-stick-long-boot-time.565474/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi,

I have just recently built a new PC which seemed to be running fine but after installing a few games and drivers for a wireless keyboard and mouse I found that on the next boot up the keyboard and mouse would not respond.

I then tried to use my old wired keyboard and mouse to see if that would work but this wasn't getting recognized either, after a few re-boots the wired keyboard and mouse worked but has left me wondering what has caused this to happen.

Is there a common cause for the mouse and keyboard to just not respond?

Finally, for no reason what so ever Windows XP is now asking me to enter a password every time I boot up the PC.

Is there away to remove it?

and

Why would it just start coming up?

Thanks

Ross

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/keyboard-mouse-not-responding-and-password-now-required-for-xp-on-boot-up-330981.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Driving me a bit nuts. Been through the error log and thought it might be an apple related problem but I can't make heads or tails of this as it does not link to any program or event. Any help is greatly appreciated.

JBL

A:Mouse & Keyboard freeze require hard boot

woodman,
Welcome to SevenForums.

We need your help:

Update your SevenForums System Specs
User CP (located on the top menu bar) |
Your Profile | Edit System Spec (left-hand column)

To gather info, use Speccy (my favorite) or SIW or System Info

In the System Manufacturer Block, enter:
? Manufacturer and Model OR Custom build.
? ADD the word laptop, desktop, netbook or tablet.
For example:
Toshiba Satellite L305D notebook.

Provide full windows version info, for example:
MS Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 64-bit

Use the ?Other Info? block for Optical Reader,
Mouse, touchpad, wifi adapter, speakers, monitor, etc

Scroll down and click on SAVE CHANGES.

With Speccy, you can select with your mouse/touchpad info from the display
and paste that info into your specs.

SIW is a marvelous program, but the free version does not offer
this capability.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/253415-mouse-keyboard-freeze-require-hard-boot.html
Relevancy 58.05%

NOTE - i processor K Motherboard is an ASROCK z Extreme Ram is gig GSkill Ares Keyboard is USB Razer Black Widow Mouse is USB Razer Imperator turn computer on with windows ultimate cd in the cd drive I press any key to boot from CD ONCE it reaches the first windows install screen where it says 'languages input language etc ' BOTH my keyboard and mouse turn off I know this because there is no reponse and LEDS on both of them turn off I know it is not my keyboard or mouse they work fine when I login to windows I have enabled USB legacy I have run MEMTEST to test my ram - my ram is perfect no errors I have checked my CPU temperatures - all on TURN install trying when windows Mouse boot to Keyboard 7 OFF up and cores running at - degrees celsius I have used an SDD health checker because my windows is installed on an SDD - my SDD is healthy Yes my keyboard and mouse are plugged in yes I have all other USBs removed Yes my Windows CD is genuine works on Keyboard and Mouse TURN OFF when trying to install windows 7 on boot up other computers many times What could the problem possibly be The only options i have left are run a CPU test update motherboard BIOS Keyboard and Mouse TURN OFF when trying to install windows 7 on boot up

A:Keyboard and Mouse TURN OFF when trying to install windows 7 on boot up

jeezus christ i found the solution - I had to unplug all my unneeded hard drives. I have 1 SSD and 2 optical HDs. I unplugged my optical HDs and booted up again and somehow it worked... my keyboard and mouse work. Why on earth would my optical drives cause my mouse and keyboard to not work... i do not know...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/keyboard-and-mouse-turn-off-when-trying-to-install-windows-7-on-boot-up-654137.html
Relevancy 58.05%

HI and unable frozen to mouse logon boot; Keyboard at all This Keyboard and mouse frozen at boot; unable to logon is my very first ever post to this forum so please bear with me My Dell Optiplex GX pc Win XP SP gb RAM GB SSD integrated video and sound after working just fine for the past years suddenly decided to stop recognizing my USB keyboard and mouse Thinking that possibly they may have gone south I switched both components but got the same results To make a long story Keyboard and mouse frozen at boot; unable to logon short here s what I ve attempted Swapped both keyboard and mouse Reset the Keyboard and mouse frozen at boot; unable to logon BIOS to factory default Removed then replaced the CMOS battery to bring the unit to hard reset Booted from XP CD and attempted to run the recovery console but keyboard stopped functioning when the XP setup blue DOS screen appeared with the three choices quot enter quot for install quot r quot for recovery console and quot f quot for exit Removed and tested each memory DIMM individualy in the Dell to make sure it may not be a RAM problem As you may have noticed above the keyboard works fine during POST and in the BIOS but not once any other DOS or GUI appears At the XP logon screen I cannot operate either the keyboard or the mouse Doing a search on this forum I did find a similar issue posted by Nick back in June of But in his case the mouse functioned properly keyboard only was frozen The problem occured after he had run some software which is not the case here this pc worked fine but then was not used for about a month if that means anything In my instance both are frozen so the PC is technically useless As the pc does not have any PS ports I could not try an older style keyboard Any assistance with this would be helpful Unfortunately due to the unusability of both input devices I cannot run any diagnostic software to generate a report Your help is greatly apperciated Dan nbsp

A:Keyboard and mouse frozen at boot; unable to logon

Good luck.
I was helping another person with a Dell in August or September with the same issue. As soon as windows loads, the keyboard and mouse no longer work. We never did get it working.

Just to rule out a window problem, I had him boot a linux live CD/DVD. The keyboard and mouse did not work in linux either.

If you know how to burn an ISO, download linux, burn it to a CD or DVD depending on the size, fire it up and see if the keyboard and mouse work.

This test
Booted from XP CD and attempted to run the recovery console, but keyboard stopped functioning when the XP setup, blue DOS screen appeared with the three choices ("enter" for install, "r" for recovery console and "f3" for exit)Click to expand...

leads me to believe that the issue will persist in linux.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keyboard-and-mouse-frozen-at-boot-unable-to-logon.1139149/
Relevancy 58.05%

The company I work for received the first of our M700 desktop workstations, and I'm currently trying to network boot our first user-ready unit in order to capture the image for future deployment via WDS. However, when I try to boot the M700 from the network to the Capture Wizard, the mouse and keyboard won't work. Everything else--display, ethernet, etc.--seems to work fine. I've downloaded the SCCM driver packages from Lenovo and added them to the boot image, but to no avail. I still land on the Capture Wizard menu, unable to interact with it. We've successfully used the WDS Capture Wizard with other Lenovo workstations, namely the M73. Any advice? EDIT: I should add that the keyboard and mouse work fine in the BIOS and Network Boot menus. They only fail after Windows loads from the Network.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkCentre-A-E-M-S-Series/M700-boot-image-keyboard-mouse-failure/td-p/3344273
Relevancy 58.05%

When doing a cold boot, the fans and everything come on, but there is no output to the screen, and the keyboard and mouse turn on and off repeatedly. There is a pattern to it: both come on, both turn off then on again, mouse alone turns off and on again, then both stay on.

Running Windows 8.1 x64, already wiped and reinstalled OS once. This fixed the issue for a couple weeks but now its back again.

Any idea what this could be?

Edit: There is no POST, no beeps (though I'm not sure my motherboard has a speaker at all). If I insert a boot disk like the Windows install disk, it picks it up and starts normally. I'm assuming Windows 8 suppresses the normal POST?

A:Black screen on boot, mouse and keyboard turn off and on

So by the way it sounds, if you use a boot disk you get output to the screen and everything? It will boot from the bootdisk?

It sounds like you are having OS corruption issues. I wonder if you dont have a failing hard drive.

Download Falcon Four BootCD from here

Burn that to a CD or create a bootable USB using Rufus. Download here

Boot from that. There are programs on there that will do an offline disk check. See if they come up with anything.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/70235-black-screen-boot-mouse-keyboard-turn-off.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi I am posting this for a friend of mine He has a Dell XPS he thinks its a running XP The USB mouse and keyboard is not working at all for him so he says he cant even get into the bios The motherboard only has usb slots for keyboard and mouse He tried another usb mouse and keyboard but they do not work either The BSOD blue screen of Death comes up now and gives this error message codebox DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL STOP X D X X X XB E F IASTOR SYS - ADDRESS B E F BASE AT B E DATESTAMP CK codebox I found a post on another forum where someone was having the same problem The steps to fix it were to and Mouse not BSOD, working Keyboard all @ drain the reserved power by holding power button for seconds Unplug everything from the computer keyboard mouse printer ect Then next to the sata plugs on the motherboard there is a blue small prong with a jumper Disconnected the jumper for seconds and then reconnected it That unfortunatly did not resolve the problem Does anyone know what the error on the BSOD means can the USB drivers be corrupt Is there any BSOD, Keyboard and Mouse not working @ all way of fixing this problem I apreciate any help you can give and thanks for taking the time out to read this and help out

A:BSOD, Keyboard and Mouse not working @ all

Hi tattooz,You did part of the following, but not all of it. Have you tried reseating your video card and memory cards and unplugging and plugging back in all the different cables? You need to be sure to ground yourself, as a small amount of electrostatic electricity can damage your computer. Here are some instructions for how to ground yourself:How to ground yourselfYou did part of the following, but not all of it:http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic113137.htmlAlso, I have some questions. Do the LED's on the computer light up? Does the BIOS beep? Do you remember which kind of BIOS you have? If it's Award, it will normally beep at startup. Have you recently installed any new hardware?The following link has the same error message you do and it indicates it's the chip driver, but doesn't have the keyboard problem.http://forums.techguy.org/windows-nt-2000-...-need-help.htmlZllio

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/193085/bsod-keyboard-and-mouse-not-working-all/
Relevancy 57.19%

Ever since I had a windows xp update and a firefox update one right after the other. My computer will not boot up with the keyboard and mouse plugged in. The computer boots up fine when I unplug them.
Does anyone have any ideas as to what is causing this?

Thanks for the help.

A:Solved: Computer will not boot with keyboard and mouse plugged in the usb port

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-computer-will-not-boot-with-keyboard-and-mouse-plugged-in-the-usb-port.820577/
Relevancy 57.19%

machine is a hp a n desktop with vista home premium computer would not boot had quot err err quot error I booted into recovery mode using a vista CD used bootrec exe fixmbr bootrec exe fixbootnow computer boots but usb keyboard and mouse stop working used a ps keyboard and mouse to login in safe mode ran malwarebytes in safe mode here is the malwarebytes log Malwarebytes Anti-Malware www malwarebytes orgDatabase version Windows Service Pack Safe Mode Internet Explorer PMmbam-log- - and keyboard wouldn't stopped - system boot working usb mouse then - - - txtScan type Quick scanObjects scanned Time elapsed minute s second s Memory Processes Infected Memory Modules Infected Registry Keys Infected Registry Values Infected Registry Data Items Infected Folders Infected Files Infected Memory Processes Infected No malicious items detected Memory Modules Infected No system wouldn't boot - then usb keyboard and mouse stopped working malicious items detected Registry Keys Infected No malicious items detected Registry Values Infected No malicious items detected Registry Data Items Infected No malicious items detected Folders Infected C Windows inf inf Trojan Agent - gt Files - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully C Windows inf inf IEM Trojan Agent - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully C Windows inf inf IEM Trojan Agent - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully Files Infected C Users tin pham downloads Setup exe Adware Agent - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully C Users tin pham downloads Setup exe Adware Agent - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully C Windows inf inf IEM inetcorp iem Trojan Agent - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully C Windows inf inf IEM inetset iem Trojan Agent - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully DDS Log DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by tin pham at on Wed Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT - SP Windows Defender enabled Updated D DDC A- F- FAE- E -DA C ACF FW COMODO Firewall Pro enabled A - F - ef -AFC -F E A B Running Processes C Windows system wininit exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgchsvx exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgrsx exeC Windows system lsm exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exeC Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunchC Windows system svchost exe -k rpcssC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestrictedC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestrictedC Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcsC Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroupC Windows system SLsvc exeC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceC Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceC Windows System spoolsv exeC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetworkC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgwdsvc exeC Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exeC Windows system svchost exe -k hpdevmgmtc Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exeC Program Files Common Files Motive McciCMService exeC Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestrictedC Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvcC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSVC EXEC Windows system SearchIndexer exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgnsx exeC Windows system DRIVERS xaudio exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgemc exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exeC Windows system taskeng exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLIDSvcM exeC Windows system Dwm exeC Windows RtHDVCpl exeC Windows system wbem unsecapp exeC Windows system wbem wmiprvse exeC Windows System rundll exeC Windows System rundll exeC Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgtray exeC Program Files MSN Toolbar Platform mswinext exeC Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exeC Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exeC Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Advisor HPAdvisor exeC... Read more

A:system wouldn't boot - then usb keyboard and mouse stopped working

Hi,Welcome to Bleeping Computer. My name is m0le and I will be helping you with your log.Please subscribe to this topic, if you haven't already. You can subscribe by clicking the Options box to the right of your topic title and selecting Track This Topic.Please avoid installing/uninstalling or updating any programs and attempting any unsupervised fixes or scans. This can make helping you impossible.Please reply to this post so I know you are there.The forum is busy and we need to have replies as soon as possible. If I haven't had a reply after 3 days I will bump the topic and if you do not reply by the following day after that then I will close the topic.Once I receive a reply then I will return with your first instructions.Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/331835/system-wouldnt-boot-then-usb-keyboard-and-mouse-stopped-working/
Relevancy 57.19%

Well yesterday I had left my computer on logged in on Windows and when i got back the computer was in a continuous boot sequence starts to boot then after about seconds shuts down and then over and over again I reset the power from the back and turned it back on and it started up but with a different boot screen Dynamic Energy Saver Quad Screen lol and not the quot black quot one that normally comes up + Continuous detected loop login keyboard/mouse not boot before It happened again last night and I think it happens when I leave my computer logged on in Windows The weird thing was Continuous boot loop + keyboard/mouse not detected before login that after I reset the power from the socket which stopped the loop and turned it back on it had me still logged on as a user and everything was like it was before I had left basically like hibernate except that hibernate is disabled on my computer Well anyway I managed to get rid of the quot new quot quad boot screen that kept coming up and got my original quot black quot one up Continuous boot loop + keyboard/mouse not detected before login I did this by fiddling around in BIOS with - settings which I can t remember at the moment But I have noticed now after this incident my mouse and keyboard are not detected UNTIL the login screen comes up which means I can t select the OS i want to boot because i cant select it with keyboard so it automatically boots windows nor can I boot in safe mode How can I resolve it so that mouse keyboard is detected as soon as the computer is started like it was before Help would be really appreciated nbsp

A:Continuous boot loop + keyboard/mouse not detected before login

try reset the bios, disconnect the power cable/open the pc case/reset the cmos "jumper " usually handy to the battery. or remove the battery for a minute this usually changes the bios to default settings. peplace the battery and power up to the bios.to check the settings for the devices..

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/continuous-boot-loop-keyboard-mouse-not-detected-before-login.801559/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi all,
Does anyone know why a Microsoft wireless mouse / keyboard combo. would cause a computer to be very slow booting up? By slow, I mean many, many minutes. I think the wireless receiver says it's version 2.1 This is a friends computer, and I don't have it in front of me right now. It is a newer computer, with XP so there isn't a problem with it being short on memory, or processor speed.
Thanks!

A:Microsoft wireless mouse / keyboard combo causes very slow boot.

Have you tried ps2 mouse and keyboard and are saying it is slow with the wireless setting ?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/microsoft-wireless-mouse-keyboard-combo-causes-very-slow-boot-146796.html
Relevancy 57.19%

i m really lost i just disconnected my computer last night worked at up..... Hardware not detecting mouse keyboard boot - Forum} to {Moved or fine then just about an hour ago i went to hook it {Moved to Hardware Forum} - not detecting keyboard or mouse at boot up..... back up again started it up just after it detected all my drives i got one of those error beeps keyboard one i believe then it continues on the lights on the keyboard even do that typical flashy thingie then does the usual cdrom boot check then i get another error beep then my screen goes black and it waits till i press a key i think because when i ve hit ctrl it moves on to load windows then when it gets to the quot press ctrl-alt-del to login quot screen nothing works the keyboard doesn t respond the caps light won t even come on and plus there is no cursor pretty poor grammer and even english in that description so i hope someone is able to decode it i would really appreciate any help thanx in advance nbsp

A:{Moved to Hardware Forum} - not detecting keyboard or mouse at boot up.....

Hi,

Have you made sure you plugged the keyboard into the keyboard socket, and not the wrong way round. If you got it round the right way, take the cables out, and make sure there is no damage to the pins (Nothing bent or missing). If that doesn't work, take all the cables out,and start again from the beginning.

Hope this helps.
Stuart

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/moved-to-hardware-forum-not-detecting-keyboard-or-mouse-at-boot-up.28768/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hey folks this whole issue began when I was transporting my pc Issue began as the PC not being able to boot with more than stick of ram in I have x gig and without removing the sticks I (50/50) detecting keyboard/mouse without USB BSOD, PC starting recieved a solid red BIOS light I have removed all sticks and tested them at a rd party with no issues Once I transported the pc back home it started working with all sticks of RAM but with an BSOD, PC starting without detecting USB keyboard/mouse (50/50) unreliable chance for the motherboard to detect the USB keyboard and mouse also the speakers stopped working suddenly forcing a reinstall of the drivers I have tried running the PC with an identical but different gfx card to no avail The specs M A T - M Phenom II X T Ghz x gig G-Skill Pi GTX Phantom gig OCZ-Vertex SSD g Samsung spinpoint Tb Windows professional bit Here are my dump files Also speed fan is reading V V V V V V - V - V - V V Not sure if it is reading very wrong due to the motherboard or my PSU is entirely forked Update I've run sfc scannow and it has come up that it has detected corrupted files that it cannot replace I'll try again in safe mode and post results although the PSU is still getting the same readings And yes I know speed fan is not the most accurate for voltage readings but I am without a physical way of testing the PSU Update Tried launching in safe mode and discovered that it stops loading consistently at windows atipcie I've tried to load the windows CD from startup and it hangs at

A:BSOD, PC starting without detecting USB keyboard/mouse (50/50)

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 3081

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 4e
BCP1: 0000000000000099
BCP2: 00000000001D63A6
BCP3: 0000000000000002
BCP4: 0000000000170FA5
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\010115-13400-01.dmp
C:\Users\MC\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-22495-0.sysdata.xml

Any assist would be nice.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/356755-bsod-pc-starting-without-detecting-usb-keyboard-mouse-50-50-a.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi, when I turn my pc on I get bios splash screen but mouse or keyboard wont work to get into bios settings.(Even though there is power going to both k/board and mouse) After bios splash screen I get the dreaded BSOD (with no mouse cursor). I have tried step by step re-installation of all hardware with clean. I have tried different pci slots for my graphics card and network card and still the same. I have also tried removing/replacing the mobo battery. I am completely stumped guys can you help me? Cant get into windows at all!

A:BSOD with no keyboard or mouse or access to bios pls help!

We dont have any hint about the BSOD. Can you take a camera snap of the BSOD screen and let us see it? May be the onscreen codes will give us some idea about what is going there.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/361420-bsod-no-keyboard-mouse-access-bios-pls-help.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Ok so a whole slew of problems and I am sure there is a simple solution if not then theres always a technician I can make a visit to I own a HP Pavillion Laptop dv ca - bought it at best buy on boxing day I DO have antivirus running - Kaspersky antivirus so Mouse, Keyboard LAPTOP: not BSOD, working I know this is not a virus issue or some sort of hack that I downloaded I don't download anything on my school laptop - everything i put on it is bought and legitimate Alright So it starts with my deciding to update my computer and get it running up to date I did windows Update and went through all that and it restarted computer - it was fine I decided to update my graphics drivers so I headed over to LAPTOP: BSOD, Mouse, Keyboard not working the HP website and got it but realized - HEY this driver is an old driver There is a newer version LAPTOP: BSOD, Mouse, Keyboard not working out but nVidia com doesnt have the driver for my laptop Ok lets head over to laptopvideo go and see if there is a rd party driver As a note I have used them before they always worked fine I looked for compatibility on the driver i decided to install and it said it would work Installed it and then I get the dreaded BSOD Well not to worry ive dealt with it before so I decide to boot safe mode No dice the laptops keyboard isnt working Neither is the mousepad when it tries to do a system repair and asks me to do a system restore NOTE i am trying to avoid the restore as I have important class notes and e-mails in my quot outlook quot now windows mail that I NEED I have not made a restore point and can not afford to lose these files also why i am avoiding the whole system reset Plus i don't have the vista cds and don't want to order and wait for them External USB mouse and Keyboard not loading either so hitting F to get to the damn safe mode boot doesnt work either I do not have a PS port for another keyboard or mouse so PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help I am very much of the opinion I will receive a quot your laptop is nerfed screwed dead garbage needstobesentout repairs quot response so tell the truth anything and everything will be considered thanks to top it all off i signed up for the forums and typoed my name great

A:LAPTOP: BSOD, Mouse, Keyboard not working

Quote:

Originally Posted by luiscocneicao

. . .I own a HP Pavillion Laptop dv2618ca - bought it at best buy. . . I get the dreaded BSOD. Well, not to worry ive dealt with it before so I decide to boot safe mode... No dice, the laptops keyboard isnt working. Neither is the mousepad when it tries to do a system repair and asks me to do a system restore.

**NOTE** i am trying to avoid the restore as I have important class notes and e-mails in my "outlook" ( now windows mail) that I NEED. I have not made a restore point and can not afford to lose these files. also why i am avoiding the whole system reset. Plus i don't have the vista cds and don't want to order and wait for them.

External USB mouse and Keyboard not loading either, so hitting F8 to get to the damn safe mode boot doesnt work either. . . thanks

First, the default location that Windows Mail uses is:
c:\users\%username%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Mail. A system restore would not affect this.

Do you know whether or not your laptop contains a hidden recovery hard drive partition? It most likely would be drive d:. To activate the HP Recovery Manager, press "F11" repeatedly upon boot-up; however, you said that your keyboard does not work. My only suggestion at this time, assuming the recovery hard drive partition exists, would be to force the laptop to crash on boot-up as this would most likely cause the HP Recovey Manager to invoke itself and load basic system drivers, thus giving you keyboard control. One way may be to use a Vista Operating System (OS) Upgrade DVD; another is to use a non-Windows OS CD. I have used both methods successfully to resolve different issues.

My last thought - Have you contacted HP support?

Good Luck. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/laptop-bsod-mouse-keyboard-not-working-223619.html
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi! My computer has been acting weird lately. Sometimes it freezes and I can't use neither my mouse nor my keyboard, I have to press the power button and restart it manually.
It's not related to any particular activity, it happens at random, once only 1 minute after startup.

Most of the times it's just that, it freezes and I can't do nothing about it, but sometimes a BSOD appears.
I think it's hardware related because yesterday I reset the pc to the factory defaults, reinstalled 7 and got a BSOD while my PC is basically clean.

I've attached the DM log and a picture of the error. Do you know what it might be?

A:Keyboard and mouse frozen. BSOD at random.

Please post the report of Windows Genuine and Activation Issue Posting Instruction

Please visit Windows Update and install every update available, it may take a couple of times to get them all.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/397228-keyboard-mouse-frozen-bsod-random.html
Relevancy 56.76%

I have more than one OS on my computer (Windows 2000 pro and Ubuntu Linux) and I am having a problem with a new Wireles keyboard/mouse combo. The wireless receiver only has 1 interface (USB). The keyboard and mouse work fine inthe BIOS area and once the computer has loaded an OS, but before the OS starts to load I get the "Choice" menu where I get to choose which OS to load (bootloader menu). Here the Keyboard does not work at all and I can not choose which OS to load, it simply loads the default OS after the timer expires. This happens to me in ALL computers which have multiple OSs installed when using wireless keyboards with USB. If the wireless receiver has a PS/2 interface for the keyboard there is no problem. What am I doing wrong?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-keyboard-mouse-combo-problems-with-multi-boot-system.667566/
Relevancy 56.76%

Hello.

I have a situation which I cannot fix easily because I have disabled system restore for my system. Safe mode does not help.

My keyboard and mouse are completely unusable after I boot up windows. This happened after I downloaded some drivers from LaCie and tried to install them. I restarted my computer after installing these drivers to find that neither my keyboard or my mouse would work, and nor would seemingly anything I tried to plug into any of my 8 USB ports.

If there is any way for me to fix this problem, please let me know. I have access to the files on this harddrive via Linux Live CDs.

A:Solved: Keyboard and Mouse unusable after boot. Need to uninstall or delete bad drive

What I would love would be for someone to get me a list of the drivers this tries to install.

1) If you could, download from the link I provided above to your Vista machine.
2) Turn on Windows Defender, and make sure you have joined spynet with an advanced membership. This will allow you to deny any changes that the LaCie driver installer tries to make.
3) open the LaCie driver installer and attempt to install the drivers
4) when Windows Defender asks you to permit or deny the changes, note what changes it is asking to make and post them here. I recommend that you deny all, so that it does not mess up your computer.

otherwise, any solutions are appreciated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-keyboard-and-mouse-unusable-after-boot-need-to-uninstall-or-delete-bad-drive.1060873/
Relevancy 56.76%

I was working on my computer when the monitor suddenly shutoff. I did a manual reset and now the monitor will not turn on and the BIOS will not post. After trying several things, the BIOS posted once, and now will not post anymore. I reset all items. Booted the computer with only the CPU, RAM and Video card, still no post. I tried a different power supply, still no beeps or posts. No keyboard or mouse lights either. Any help ASAP would be great! Thanks!!!!

System specs
P4 3.4 Ghz
Gigabyte GA-8KNXP motherboard
3 GB RAM
X800XT video card
XP Pro

A:Monitor shut off, no BIOS post, no keyboard or mouse lights, will not boot

Once I needed to remove the addon Video card, and then disperse all the computers internal voltage. By holding down (the non powered) computer's ON button for 30 secs.

Then plugging in the Vid card and power again, and turn on

Try that

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-shut-off-no-bios-post-no-keyboard-or-mouse-lights-will-not-boot.108918/
Relevancy 56.76%

I've been experiencing BSOD over the last year. I'm pretty sure it's happening after automatic windows updates. I'm now experiencing delays in typing and mouse usage sporadically throughout the day. Not sure if they are related.

Desktop PC - Custom Build
Windows 7 64 bit
i7-2600K 3.4GHz
GIGABYTE GA-Z68X-UD4-B3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3
Corsair Vengeance Blue 16 GB DDR3 SDRAM Dual Channel Memory
NVidia GeForce GTX 470
Hitachi HDS723020BLA642 ATA
Dual 27" Acer Monitors
ESET Nod32 7.0 AV

Any Help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

A:BSOD after Win Updates + Mouse & Keyboard Typing Delays

Configure the system to collect "small memory dumps" following: Dump Files - Configure Windows to Create on BSOD

Reduce items at start-up: Startup Programs - Change

Perform a clean boot: Troubleshoot Application Conflicts by Performing a Clean Startup

Please run these tests and report back the results.

1. SFC /scannow to check windows for corruption - SFC /SCANNOW - System File Checker
2. Disk check for errors on the hard drive - Run Disk Check in Windows 7
3. Troubleshoot apps by a clean boot - Performing a Clean Startup
4. Memtest86+ paying attention to part 3 - RAM - Test with Memtest86+
5. Hard drive test from HDD mfg website - Hard Drive Diagnostic Procedure

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/328534-bsod-after-win-updates-mouse-keyboard-typing-delays.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi there I uninstalled Intel Smart Connect Technology after experiencing a BSOD that seemed to be caused by a related driver When the uninstallation tool asked if I wanted to restart Keyboard/Mouse in BIOS only After BSOD Stop Working now later I chose to restart now which was followed by another BSOD Now I can boot into Windows just fine but neither my mouse or my keyboard are working They work in the BIOS but as soon as Windows is loaded they stop functioning I've tried resetting my CMOS Keyboard/Mouse Stop Working After BSOD only in BIOS but this did not solve the problem I've also checked that they are enabled in the BIOS I would try a system restore but Windows doesn't seem to allow me to boot into repair mode without actually going into Windows first but I can't do it from Windows because of my malfunctioning peripherals I can't use the Windows installation disc to repair because as soon as the message that says quot Press any key to continue quot comes up my keyboard stops working However it seems I can force the PC to boot from the CD which after a bit of a wait gets me to the Windows installation screen with my only option being to completely reinstall Windows I'd like to avoid that if possible Does anyone have alternate solutions Keyboard/Mouse Stop Working After BSOD only in BIOS Edit Obviously I cannot post the minidump files so I'm sorry for not following the posting rules to the letter S Edit I am able to enter Windows Repair Mode with the Installation disc Keyboard/Mouse Stop Working After BSOD only in BIOS but there is no option for Safe Mode and when I attempt to System Restore I get this error message quot To use System Restore you must specify which Windows installation to restore Restart this computer select an operating system and then select System Restore quot

A:Keyboard/Mouse Stop Working After BSOD only in BIOS

Sorry for the delay in responding. There just aren't that many people who do BSOD analysis, so at times we get a bit overwhelmed!

Try starting the system and then shutting it down by using the power button to turn it off.
Try it 3 times and see if that will allow you to get into the repair options.at

What happens when you reboot and look for the option to select an operating systems?
What other options do you have for the repair/restore/reset/refresh?

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/35581-keyboard-mouse-stop-working-after-bsod-only-bios.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hey! So recently i had to move my desktop around in order to install a new desk and ever since my computer has had A BSOD.The Error is as follows 
             The Operating system could not be loaded because a critical system driver is missing or contains errors 
File: Windows\system32\DRIVERS\nvpciflt.sys
Error Code: 0xc000007b

I have Windows 10 (my operating system for about a month) on a flash drive in order to repair the files however i cannot access my keyboard or mouse. I've tried changing the ports and none of them seem to be providing power. I can't even access the bios at this point. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

A:BSOD Critical Driver Missing but Keyboard/Mouse won't work

Hi. . .

If you've had to carry around a USB stick with Windows 10 OS on it for the last month for the sole purpose of replacing corrupted Windows files, it's time to reinstall Windows. 

W10 was a beta version and therefore potentially subject to unstable behavior.

Is Windows 10 actually installed on the system's internal HDD or SSD?

Bugcheck 0x7b - Inaccessible boot device; Windows cannot locate the HDD partition with Windows on it.  It can't find the hard drive.

You can run SeaTools for DOS, long test to test your HDD - http://www.sysnative.com/forums/hardware-tutorials/4072-hard-drive-hdd-diagnostics.html

Windows 10 RTM was released yesterday. 

Revert the system back to it's prior OS -- if W7, W8, W8.1, upgrade to Windows 10 for free - https://insider.windows.com/

There is a W10 90-day trial available - https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/dn798751.aspx

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/584546/bsod-critical-driver-missing-but-keyboardmouse-wont-work/
Relevancy 55.9%

I have no idea what the infection s is PC description is attached file in JPG formatMouse keyboard freeze problems started with another PC that had a C D and E partitions All personal data is on the D and E part Because this is my wife s PC she uses for her busines I happens windows freeze, update avail, BSOD not Mouse/keyboard switched data over to a spare very reliable uninfected PC that has XP home SP on it Then problem started on this one On this one I tried these efforts to fix it Defraged all Mouse/keyboard freeze, windows update not avail, BSOD happens partitions ran C gt properties gt Tools gt Check Disk gt fix Mouse/keyboard freeze, windows update not avail, BSOD happens errors Malwarebytes scan no results Windows Defender scan no results Uniblue s Registry Booster some fixes Then I did the XP repair install Right after Mouse/keyboard freeze, windows update not avail, BSOD happens the repair install I upgraded to SP via a CD But then found that I cannot get into the Windows update site anyway I try So I m without MS XP fixes now I could download all XP updates on my own PC put them on a CD and try to load them on the OS but decided to go to you first Then we noticed we were getting unasked for new tabs on browsers which always went to different shopping sites This happens with both IE and the newest Firefox her default browser The most recent problem is the BSOD It began during both tries at running GMER I never got through the scan Ark txt not attached I will attach screen shots of system information and error messages that might help Here is the log info DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Nina at on Sun Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - AV McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware On-access scanning enabled Updated B EE - - CDE-A A-DD BA FAD FW McAfee Firewall enabled B - C F- -BDA - CA DA E Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunchsvchost exeC Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcssvchost exesvchost exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC WINDOWS system cisvc exeC Program Files FolderSize FolderSizeSvc exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC Program Files McAfee SiteAdvisor McSACore exeC Program Files Common Files McAfee McSvcHost McSvHost exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXEC Program Files Common Files McAfee SystemCore mfevtps exeC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvcC Program Files Common Files McAfee SystemCore mcshield exeC Program Files Common Files McAfee SystemCore mfefire exeC Program Files Common Files Pure Networks Shared Platform nmsrvc exeC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC WINDOWS system cidaemon exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exeC WINDOWS SM BG EXEC Program Files Common Files Pure Networks Shared Platform nmctxth exeC Program Files Pure Networks Speed Meter Pro smp exeC Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exeC Program Files Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files McAfee com Agent mcagent exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Works Shared WkUFind exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC PROGRA Novosoft HANDYB hbagent exeC Program Files Warecentral PrintKey-Pro PKey Pro exeC Program Files Linksys WUSB N WUSB N exeC Program Files Uniblue PowerSuite powersuite exeC Program Files Uniblue SpeedUpMyPC sump exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HTTPFilterC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Documents and Settings Nina Desktop ProblemSolving dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www accuweather com us fl melbourne city-weather-forecast aspuSearchURL Default hxxp search yahoo com search fr mcafee amp p suURLSearchHooks McAfee SiteAdvisor Toolbar ebbbe -bad - b c- e a- abecae - c progra mcafee sitead mcieplg dllBHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dllBHO Skype add-on mastermind bf b-c d - d - a -a f b... Read more

A:Mouse/keyboard freeze, windows update not avail, BSOD happens

Hi,Welcome to Bleeping Computer. My name is m0le and I will be helping you with your log.Please subscribe to this topic, if you haven't already. You can subscribe by clicking the Options box to the right of your topic title and selecting Track This Topic.Please avoid installing/uninstalling or updating any programs and attempting any unsupervised fixes or scans. This can make helping you impossible.Please reply to this post so I know you are there.The forum is busy and we need to have replies as soon as possible. If I haven't had a reply after 3 days I will bump the topic and if you do not reply by the following day after that then I will close the topic.Once I receive a reply then I will return with your first instructions.Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/351447/mousekeyboard-freeze-windows-update-not-avail-bsod-happens/
Relevancy 55.47%

Dell D 800 Laptop running XP SP2
Internal AND external Keyboards and Mouse NOT working after boot to XP. Can't enter cntrl/Alt/Del or anything to log in. Keyboard DOES work in Bios mode but is lost as soon as xp is loaded. Does NOT work in SAFE mode either because can't log in..(no Cntrl/Alt Del)

I've tried repair and reinstall of xp but still does not recognize any keystrokes after boot to xp.

Help!

A:Solved: Keyboard and Mouse Access DEAD after boot to XP on Dell D800 laptop. BIOS wor

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-keyboard-and-mouse-access-dead-after-boot-to-xp-on-dell-d800-laptop-bios-wor.776407/
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi I have a feeling this may be a driver error but I dont know A friend gave me a computer Os Vista x OEM I think Hardware age Age of installation not sure its my friends Might not have been reinstalled before CPU Athlon x Video Card Onboard Graphics Mobo Inspiron mobo PSU Bestec ATX P WB W System Manufacturer DELL Model No Inspiron It works perfectly fine apart from when I connect to the internet through mobile broadband Huawei E Once it connects internet explorer launches As soon as I begin using IE the computer freezes mouse will not move keyboard will not work then after mins it blue screens stop code is x I have tried to exit IE and use firefox instead this works much better but it still bluescreens just less frequently My friend brought it to a local shop who told him the usb header on the mobo is the problem and needs a new mobo and qouted him repair However I dont think this is the problem as when broadband freezes, using working mouse keyboard mobile computer stops BSOD + no other usb device gives any trouble at all And the mobile brodband dongle only crashes once it connects and the browser is launched I ran Norton antivirus super anti spyware malwarebytes antimalware BSOD when using mobile broadband computer freezes, mouse + keyboard stops working and RU Botted All I picked up was a few malwares I also ran full system diagnostic test with no problems list of installed software incase there are known issues with them Norton Antivirus Easus Partition manager thunderbird microsoft works ccleaner I dont know if any are recently installed or not Any help would be very much appreciated as I really dont know what to do with this David btw in the perfmon disk D is an extrernal Hard drive that was connected at the time so its not a problem

A:BSOD when using mobile broadband computer freezes, mouse + keyboard stops working

Okay, I ran the driver verifier

When I restarted the computer, I get the blue screen and it will not turn on
The stop error is 0x7E this time I think

I booted into safe mode and restored, then ran "verifier /query" in cmd
which returned: "No driver are acurrently verified"

I have attached the new dump file below

It must be a driver problem, what do you guys think?

Hopefully You can help me out guys

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-when-using-mobile-broadband-computer-freezes-mouse-keyboard-stops-working-595401.html
Relevancy 51.17%

hi there my mouse jumps around the screen and upon restart neither my mouse moving mouse restart, not working Solved: keyboard trojan? irradically, on and mouse or my keyboard would work without unplugging them and re-plugging Solved: mouse moving irradically, keyboard and mouse not working on restart, trojan? them in also i have alot of suspicious processes running that wont turn off and my internet is very jumpy and pages take along time to load below is my HJT log thanks for looking Hello there thank you for taking the time to help me i really appreciate it below is my HJT log file i also have an active scan log file which found a trojan i believe any help would be greatly appreciated thanks Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes Solved: mouse moving irradically, keyboard and mouse not working on restart, trojan? C WINNT System smss exe C WINNT system winlogon exe C WINNT system services exe C WINNT system lsass exe C WINNT system Ati evxx exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT System svchost exe C WINNT system Ati evxx exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C WINNT system spoolsv exe C Program Files Airlink AWLH WLService exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Airlink AWLH WLanCfgG exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgupsvc exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgemc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT system mspmspsv exe C WINNT Explorer EXE C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat Acrotray exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files AirPort APAgent exe C Program Files PeerGuardian pg exe C WINNT system ctfmon exe C Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync wcescomm exe C PROGRA MICROS rapimgr exe C Program Files Common Files Macrovision Shared FLEXnet Publisher FNPLicensingService exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINNT system wscntfy exe C WINNT System svchost exe C WINNT system NOTEPAD EXE C Program Files uTorrent uTorrent exe C WINNT system SNDVOL EXE C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgwb dat C WINNT system NOTEPAD EXE C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page about blank R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO Adobe PDF Conversion Toolbar Helper - AE CD -E - f- - EE - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - Toolbar Adobe PDF - -D C - - FA - E EAAC - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat AcroIEFavClient dll O - Toolbar Contribute Toolbar - BDDE -E A - -B E- B B FC - C Program Files Adobe Adobe Contribute CS contributeieplugin dll file missing O - HKLM Run Synchronization Manager mobsync exe logon O - HKLM Run NeroCheck C WINNT system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run AVG CC C PROGRA Grisoft AVG avgcc exe STARTUP O - HKLM Run IMJPMIG quot C WINNT IME imjp IMJPMIG EXE quot Spoil RemAdvDef Migration O - HKLM Run Acrobat Assistant quot C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat Acrotray exe quot O - HKLM Run Adobe ID EYTHM C PROGRA COMMON Adobe ADOBEV Server bin VERSIO EXE O - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run AirPort Base Station Agent quot C Program Files AirPort APAgent exe quot O - HKCU Run RealPlayer quot C Program Fil... Read more

A:Solved: mouse moving irradically, keyboard and mouse not working on restart, trojan?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-mouse-moving-irradically-keyboard-and-mouse-not-working-on-restart-trojan.761670/
Relevancy 51.17%

After about 1 minute the mouse scroll and keyboard stop working until I left click mouse. Tool bar on browser also greys out but comes back after left click. Video and sound also are choppy. Not sure if this is related. Flash keeps crashing. Any ideas whats wrong? Windows 7 pro. Asus desktop. This occurs on Firefox, Chrome and IE. This seemed to start after Microsoft update and Flash updates

A:Mouse scroll and keyboard stop working until left click of mouse

Hello mpmckee,

First run Antivirus, Malware, and Spyware scans. Remove anything the programs find.

Note: if you need some suggestions on which tools to use, let me know.

Afterwards, test functionally of mouse and keyboard.

If no change, run System Restore, choose a Restore point before the issue started.

Again test behavior of mouse and keyboard.

If the issue has been resolved, go ahead and reinstall windows Updates.

John

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/307791-mouse-scroll-keyboard-stop-working-until-left-click-mouse.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I am using windows 8.1.
1. Go to Control Panel -> Keyboard -> Tab HardwareIn list Devices is null.
2. Go to Control Panel -> Mouse -> Tab Hardware
In list Devices is null.
How to fix this error.
Thank you!

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19990117
Relevancy 51.17%

Is there a way to assign the ALT+TAB key combination to a mouse button in the Mouse & Keyboard Center?
I select the "Key Commands"-> "Key Combination" field but I can not find a way to enter a
TAB keystroke.
Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks!

A:Assiging ALT+TAB to a mouse button with the Microsoft Mouse & Keyboard Center?

I changed the timing on the TAB press to 1 second. Still doesn't work.
Here is how it looks now:

I just remembered that we have seen this deficiency before.
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-tms/switch-window-mouse-macro-no-longer-works-on/4921ad4e-93b8-4dea-8884-dda2ce642060 
Sorry for the confusion.

Robert Aldwinckle
---

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/d0a5e241-00bc-49e7-9356-8459dc00e5a0/assiging-alttab-to-a-mouse-button-with-the-microsoft-mouse-amp-keyboard-center?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 51.17%

I purchased an Asus ET2410IUTS-5 All-In-One PC. It came with a wireless full keyboard and mouse combo. The keyboard works fine but the mouse does nothing. All properties say both devices are installed and working properly but the mouse still does nothing. Model number on each device is as follows:
Keyboard - AK1L
Mouse - AM1L
Receiver - AR1L

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Relevancy 51.17%

I got a wireless mouse Penguin Ambidextrous Vertical Mouse | Posturite. It is supposed to use generic windows 2.4 Ghz adapter. However, windows 7 is unable to find any drivers. The screenshot of device manager is appended. I tried various other ways e.g. take out other USB devices, reboot etc. I tried sfc /scannow . But the error persists. There is no usb.inf file in the C:\Windows . It works in Windows 8 machine but not in windows 7. other 2.4 Ghz mice work. The manufacturer says that they don't provide the drivers because the mouse uses generic drivers
Please advise what can be done.

A:2.4 Ghz wireless keyboard mouse driver not found (Penguin mouse)

Did you do a Search of the Windows Folder including subFolders and hidden Files? My Win7Ult has several such files but only 2 that are usb.inf only in subFolders of Windows, others have longer names but most appear to be associated with my AMD CPU/Gigabyte Motherboard setup.

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/341712-2-4-ghz-wireless-keyboard-mouse-driver-not-found-penguin-mouse.html
Relevancy 50.31%

My other computer running XP has a Keyboard failure on boot up and does not allow me to enter safe mode. Please offer advice. Thanks

A:Keyboard Failure and Mouse Failure on Boot Up

Did you change the mouse and keyboard on that PC from the normal PS2 (Green & Purple round plugs) to USB or wireless ?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/keyboard-failure-and-mouse-failure-on-boot-up-208354.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I want keyboard laptop all-in-one I into trackpad my and want turn keyboard an and mouse to to remove the monitor basically gut it and turn the keyboard and trackpad of my laptop into a keyboard with built-in mouse for my desktop It s an old laptop that I was I want to turn my laptop keyboard and trackpad into an all-in-one keyboard and mouse thinking about throwing away anyway so I might as well turn it into something useful look at attachment I want be able to connect that to my desktop with USB and be able to use I want to turn my laptop keyboard and trackpad into an all-in-one keyboard and mouse it as both keyboard and mouse have both I want to turn my laptop keyboard and trackpad into an all-in-one keyboard and mouse the keyboard and trackpad work My desktop is right next to my bed so I sometimes swing the monitor around and put the keyboard and mouse on the bed But it s damn hard to use a mouse when you have bedsheets and blankets and other stuff that s soft as a surface Also I can t have any compatibility problems it needs to work with all systems in my house that I may want to connect it to Mac OS Windows XP Vista and Linux Ubuntu and Fedora nbsp

A:I want to turn my laptop keyboard and trackpad into an all-in-one keyboard and mouse

would anyone happen to know, and can give me a step-by-step?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-want-to-turn-my-laptop-keyboard-and-trackpad-into-an-all-in-one-keyboard-and-mouse.785581/
Relevancy 49.45%

Basically I have a dell 4600
Keyboard works in bios but any input after xp bootup causes lockup(movies and other things will still run but i just cant move mouse)
Iv tried replacing kbdclass and i8042prt from an identical comp but no dice.
Norton Av came up negative. I also cannot sytem restore to a date before keyboard failed. Keyboard also does not so up in safe mode.
Anything i can do?

Relevancy 47.73%

I already have the issue that when I put my E to sleep and wake it up again that the keyboard and touchpad do not work So I have disable the sleep options in the BIOS Now I run into different issues Yesterday I booted the laptop and it hang on the DELL logo After a while it stated that - External to - resons E5570 do display/keyboard/mouse work display, Black Latitude no keyboard/touchpad my EFI file would not be correct Force reboot and it booted straight to Windows What s more annoying is the fact Latitude E5570 - Black display, no resons to keyboard/touchpad - External display/keyboard/mouse do work that the laptop boot the DELL logo is shown and then the screens go s black as if it s not connected SO it looks like it hangs BUT an external monitor through HDMI does work and show the windows logon The keyboard and touchpad also do not work External mouse and keyboard do work So pretty much I got a brick when I do not have external display keyboard and mouse available When I reboot the laptop it works fine again Am I the only one with this Loads of issues with the laptop and wondering if I just have a faulty laptop Clean Windows Pro install is done times Used the nbsp DELL Command Update to install all drivers and patches Issues keep existing

A:Latitude E5570 - Black display, no resons to keyboard/touchpad - External display/keyboard/mouse do work

I have been spending a lot of hours in troubleshooting this week.
Diagnostics are 100% ok.
Reinstalled Windows 10 about 15 times.Installing drivers by hands, installing drives trhough the dell update management application.The issues keeps existing.
To sum the them up:- Cold boot (laptop is off) to Windows. Keyboard/Touchpad do not work. (Reboot and they work again)- Resume from sleep. Keyboard/Touchpad do not work. (Reboot and the work again)
After I got the laptop I installed 32Gb of RAM and an 512Gb Samsung 950Pro PCIE M.2 NVME drive.The drive should be support as Dell states on the product page and in the manual that PCIE with NVME is supported.
"Advanced features, like industry-leading M.2 SATA and M.2 PCIe/NVME solid state drives, provide data transfer speeds up to 4x faster over traditional hard drivers. "
In order to get the drive visible and running on PCIe I had to disable the sata controller in the BIOS.This way the drive is detected in Windows as an PCIe NVME capable drive.
Just to verify if the issues I went back to default with the delivered 256Gb M.2 sata drive and 8Gb RAM.To install Windows I had to turn the Sata controller back on.
Installed the drivers manually updated WIndows and tested.The issues do NOT occur.
Retested by installing the drivers using the Dell Update Application.The issues do NOT occur.
So I figured out that the SATA controller somehow is the guilty part for all the issues.I mean when enabled to ACHI or RAID the sleep and non working keyboard/touchpad issues do not occur.
When disable the issues DO occur.

So DELL can you please tell me how I can fix this as you state PCIe NVME drives are supported??

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19675844
Relevancy 46.87%

I just ran my Microsoft Windows Update a couple of days ago which included Microsoft - Keyboard - Microsoft USB Dual Receiver Wireless Keyboard (Mouse and Keyboard Center). I think this is the culprit causing my problems. Now both my mousepad on my laptop and my mouse are active at the same time and I am unable to uninstall or turn off the mousepad. I've tried uninstall two different ways and neither worked after restarting and shutting down as per instructions. It is driving me crazy because it is extremely hard to type as the cursor will jump on the page and insert my typed letters into the wrong place. I have to get it uninstalled! Typing this is a nightmare and I am not dragging my thumbs on the pad or touching it in anyway. Any suggestions?

A:Microsoft - Keyboard - Microsoft USB Dual Receiver Wireless Keyboard & Mouse Update

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/microsoft-keyboard-microsoft-usb-dual-receiver-wireless-keyboard-mouse-update.1089853/
Relevancy 46.87%

After reading through lots and Priority SSD Boot for & New drive Device boot Boot as Control lots of posts and tutorials Boot Priority & Boot Device Control for New SSD as boot drive I'm still a little confused I worked for a carpenter Boot Priority & Boot Device Control for New SSD as boot drive one summer when I was a kid and he stressed the philosophy of measuring twice and cutting once as a rule to live by So before I fire up my saw Boot Priority & Boot Device Control for New SSD as boot drive I thought I would seek a little clarification I expect to get my new GB Intel SSD delivered today and here's what I would like to do First here's my system Info ASUS P Z -V Pro Thunderbolt with i non-K and x GB Trident X Series RAM GB Intel SSD GB WD HDD SW DVD Okay I had Windows Home Premium installed on the HDD but in anticipation of using the new SSD as the boot drive I cleaned it with Diskpart gt clean all Now I would like to do a fresh install on the SSD from the DVD drive and use the following xml from Keri that I now have on a USB to move the User and program data to the HDD Quote lt xml version quot quot encoding quot utf- quot gt lt unattend xmlns quot urn schemas-microsoft-com unattend quot gt lt settings pass quot oobeSystem quot gt lt component name quot Microsoft-Windows-Shell-Setup quot processorArchitecture quot amd quot publicKeyToken quot bf ad e quot language quot neutral quot versionScope quot nonSxS quot xmlns wcm quot http schemas microsoft com WMIConfig State quot xmlns xsi quot http www w org XMLSchema-instance quot gt lt FolderLocations gt lt ProfilesDirectory gt d Users lt ProfilesDirectory gt lt ProgramData gt d ProgramData lt ProgramData gt lt FolderLocations gt lt component gt lt settings gt lt cpi offlineImage cpi source quot wim E sources install wim Windows HOMEPREMIUM quot xmlns cpi quot urn schemas-microsoft-com cpi quot gt lt unattend gt For one thing I want to make sure that I do not need to change any of that xml i e cpi source or my boot order in the BIOS DVD gt SSD gt HDD prior to installing to the SSD Also in the Compatibility Support Module of my BIOS should I have Boot Device Control set to quot UEFI and Legacy OpROM quot or to quot UEFI only quot or will it make any difference I apologize if this all seems unclear trivial or obvious to everyone else but I really don't know what I'm doing and all the tutorials refer to other tutorials which refer to still other tutorials and it has become so convoluted that it's difficult for me to to have confidence that I am following it correctly I'm an old grandpa and a recovering geek I minored in computer science in the early 's but haven't really been keeping up for the last years Any help and or advice other than quot see tutorials x y and z quot would be greatly appreciated

A:Boot Priority & Boot Device Control for New SSD as boot drive

We link to tutorials so you'll have illustrated steps for a specific suggestions. It's one of the main reasons we are the top tech forum on the web.

I would not move User folders as we've had feedback indicating unintended consequences. Much easier to copy your User folders to the HD data partition, rightclick each to add to the related Library - Include a Folder - Windows 7 Forums. Keep the emptied C user folder in Library so you can see if anything lands there and drag it over to data drive in same window.

Install most-used programs to C, if space gets too tight uninstall and reinstall lesser used programs to data drive.

To save space you can set paging file to 2gb: Change Virtual Memory Paging File.
If you don't rely on it you can turn off Hibernate in Power Options, though it is perfected in Win7. These are trade-offs that must be decided with a small SSD.

Here are customized install steps for you:

Unplug all other HD's and peripherals,

Check for a BIOS update. If none boot into BIOS setup, reset to defaults, save changes. Next if an EFI BIOS, enable Legacy BIOS, set DVD drive first to boot, SSD second. Then set SATA controller to AHCI. Save changes and Exit.

Then boot into installer DVD or flash stick burned or written using tool and latest ISO for your licensed OS version here.

At first installer screen Press Shift + F10 to open a Command Box, type:

DISKPART
LIST DISK
SELECT DISK 0 (after confirming Windows 7 target SSD #)
CLEAN
CREATE PARTITION PRIMARY SIZE=102400 (for 100gb partition, adjust as desired)
FORMAT FS=NTFS LABEL="WINDOWS 7"
ACTIVE
EXIT
EXIT

Next click Install Now, then Custom install to Clean Install Windows 7 to the partition you created. If it fails then report back at which step and the verbatim error message.

In addition read over these steps to understand the tools and methods which work best to get and maintain a perfect Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7. The steps are the same for retail.

After install you can adjust partition size or Create new partitions for data, etc. in Disk Mgmt. We are creating the partition here to mark it Active which overcomes certain install failures.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/273388-boot-priority-boot-device-control-new-ssd-boot-drive.html
Relevancy 46.44%

No Mouse Control .. HP pavilion a1130n .. W-XP
I can run this computer from a recovered HD ... So I know all the hardware is OK.
I can run this faulty HD as a second HD ... or in an External Enclosure.

Anyone know any quick tricks to possible fix the faulty OS without loosing all his 4 users settings and Data ??

Many Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-mouse-control.734626/
Relevancy 46.44%

I am running Windows 7, 64 bit.

This only happens when I am on Desk Top. When want to move something I have use the Shift Key and the right click on the thing I want to move to move a file or folder.\

How do fix this so that I can just use the left mouse to drag and drop?

Thank you

A:Mouse Control

What happens when you use the left mouse to drag and drop?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/353610-mouse-control.html
Relevancy 46.44%

It cant be that nobody has the problem before?? EZ pad pointing device on Toshiba, IBM and in my case Gateway Solo. The pointer just runs wild, with external mouse it the pointer also runs off the screen

Come on guys, any ideas as computer without mouse is as useful as a truck without tires.

Ian

A:Out of control Mouse

driver problem...try booting in safe mode to see what happens.. I assume you have any windows flavour...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/out-of-control-mouse.188320/
Relevancy 46.44%

Sometimes my PC starts living a life of it's own. Mouse movements causes programs to start and close again without any logical reason. When I stop moving the mouse the problems stop. Does anybody have suggestions on how to fix this. It does not happen all the time, but it has accelerated lately.

A:I can't control my mouse

sounds like a virus to me, a few computers at college had a similar problem that turned out to be a virus. If you've got some antivirus software, update it and scan your computer

if you don't have any antivirus software, theres a tonne of free ones and shareware ones at: http://www.majorgeeks.com/downloads29.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/i-cant-control-my-mouse-57938.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi all,

Can someone take a peek at this log file and see if you see anything amiss. I don't see anything wrong with it but my Uncles Dell laptop mouse has started to take control of his laptop and do strange things.

I had him replace the batteries, do a system restore and nothing has helped.

The mouse scrolls by itself at times and even when he disconnects the mouse and uses the touch pad, it still does it.

Relevancy 46.44%

every so often my mouse will lock up
or it will go crazy and open up all sorts of windows
untill it will throw me off line.
i then have to reboot and the problem will go away
for a while and then it will happen again.
i did all the scans and they say i have no malware.
i have changed out the keyboard and mouse
and the problem continues?

A:out of control mouse

Hmm, i'm unsure of what would cause this, other than some prankster etc. You don't by any chance have any form of VNC server installed do you? because it could just be someone messing with you.

Anyway, if you can't find the cause then i suggest that you read this thread and follow the instructions: http://www.techsupportforum.com/secu...oval-help.html

(Just incase it is malware based)

Exactly what happens when it "goes crazy"?
How long ago did it start happening?
Have you tried hitting Ctrl+Alt+Del when it happens?
How often does it happen?

Post back with more info.

Cheers,
Jamey

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/out-of-control-mouse-265608.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I have a dell latitude laptop and sometimes when I use the touch pad for the mouse the mouse will automaticly go up toward the right hand corner of the screen and I have to use the joystick to get it back on screen can anyone help also there is a warning that pops up on my screen that says there is a troajin horse trying to dail something I am on a network system here at work and we have dsl for the internet can anyone help.

A:Mouse out of control

Track pads can be fixed, just take it to a tech person, at work, or anywhere. If you have norton enabled, and you FULLY trust the "trojan," I suggest you allow it to come through. But if you have doubts, you shouldnt let it through.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/mouse-out-of-control.447481/
Relevancy 46.44%

I am a Control Keyboard HP power user who is loving the features and functionality of Multiple Desktops within the Windows environment HP Keyboard Control I just can't get the 'HP Keyboard Control' software to accept these nbsp window shortcuts nbsp I want to set the P - keys to the following nbsp Create New Desktop Ctrl Win D Switch nbsp to Left Desktop Ctrl Win Left nbsp Arrow Switch to Right Desktop Ctrl Win Right Arrow Close Active Desktop Ctrl Win F Switch Applications Destops Win Tab Show Desktop Win D I am so used to that feature set and have found it invaluable when working on my desktop I purchased the Omen Pro because of the programmable keys and figured that this would be easy to replicate I was wrong nbsp I am technically very compitent and it is aggrevating I have tried to set the key using 'set key' and 'set macro' both do not interpret the key strokes correctly and both do not block the windows function from executing so while trying to set a macro to create a new desktop a new desktop is created nbsp Is there a way to input the key asignments through another gui or ini xml file nbsp Thank you Matt nbsp nbsp

A:HP Keyboard Control

I used ProcMon to find out if the software is writing the keyed in responses to an Ini or xml... it is not. It is writting the values directly into the Registry as REG_Binary (hex) which is not very helpful.  RegPathoftware\Hewlett-Packard\HP OMEN Control\Profiles\Default profile\Key Assignments\  Another strange issue with my Omen Pro when trying to set a macro is when any of the arrow keys are pressed/released the shift key is also simulataneously pressed as well. So even when pressing the left arrow alone, i get Shift down Left down, Left up, Shift Up... (the last shift showed up when i hit print screen!!)

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/HP-Keyboard-Control/td-p/5821872