Windows Support Forum

BSOD when using intel hd and nvidia gpu

Q: BSOD when using intel hd and nvidia gpu

Hey,
Im always getting BSOD when using igpu and dgpu at the same time, bsod can happen right when i boot up or it can happen after some hours. When running just igpu or just dgpu i never get any issues.
I got to have intel hd gpu enabled in order to use Intel Quick Sync.
I have already been playing around with drivers but no luck so far.
What could be the problem here?

Logs are taken when only nvidia gpu is running.

Thanks

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: BSOD when using intel hd and nvidia gpu

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: BSOD when using intel hd and nvidia gpu

Welcome to Seven Forums.

Code:
Built by: 7601.18229.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.130801-1533
Debug session time: Sun Sep 22 15:47:26.695 2013 (UTC + 6:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:07:02.928
BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff80002cd1a85, fffff8800b0708d0, 0}
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!ExpInterlockedPopEntrySListFault16+0 )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x3B
PROCESS_NAME: Drv64.exe
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Debug session time: Sun Sep 22 15:39:54.359 2013 (UTC + 6:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:01:11.593
BugCheck 1E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff80002c79a85, 0, ffffffffffffffff}
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x1E_c0000005_R
PROCESS_NAME: svchost.exe
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Debug session time: Sun Sep 22 15:22:55.458 2013 (UTC + 6:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:00:56.302
BugCheck 1000007E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff80002c83a85, fffff8800376a4e8, fffff88003769d40}
Probably caused by : rdyboost.sys ( rdyboost!ST_STORE::StDmCurrentRegionSet+9b )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x7E
PROCESS_NAME: System
Debug session time: Sun Sep 22 15:21:30.575 2013 (UTC + 6:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:00:53.808
BugCheck 1E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff80002c83a85, 0, ffffffffffffffff}
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x1E_c0000005_R
PROCESS_NAME: avgui.exe
Debug session time: Sun Sep 22 15:06:48.363 2013 (UTC + 6:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:02:28.206
BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff80002d2b11f, fffff88009f98da0, 0}
Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiRelinkStandbyPage+8f )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x3B
PROCESS_NAME: svchost.exe
Debug session time: Sun Sep 22 14:57:02.849 2013 (UTC + 6:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:01:09.082
BugCheck 1000007E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff80002cc1a85, fffff8800376a4e8, fffff88003769d40}
Probably caused by : rdyboost.sys ( rdyboost!ST_STORE::StDmCurrentRegionSet+9b )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x7E
Based on the bugchecks, I would recommend you follow and complete the steps given below:1. If you are overclocking any hardware, please stop. Reset any changed values back to default and reset/clear CMOS: Clear CMOS - 3 Ways to Clear the CMOS - Reset BIOS. Uninstall any overclocking tool as these can also be a reason of blue screens.

2. Uninstall your current antivirus software. It can be a cause of BSOD very often. Please remove it with its removal tool and use Microsoft Security Essentials in its place. Malwarebytes is a great combination with it. Go through this thread for more info.

3. Run Disk Check with both boxes checked for all HDDs and with Automatically fix file system errors. Post back your logs for the checks after finding them using Check Disk (chkdsk) - Read Event Viewer Log

4. Run SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker to check windows for integrity violations. Run it up to three times to fix all errors. Post back if it continues to show errors after a fourth run or if the first run comes back with no integrity violations.

5. Make scans with Kaspersky TDSskiller and ESET Online scanner.

6. Perform a Clean Start up, this will help avoid any problematic applications from bugging the system.

7. Use Revo Uninstaller Free to uninstall stubborn software. Opt for Advanced Mode and uninstall the software, delete the leftover registry entries.

8. Use Crystal Disk Info to upload a screenshot of your Hard Drives (s). Test your Hard Drives (s) running a Hard Drive Diag.

9. Test and Diagnose RAM issues with RAM - Test with Memtest86+. Pay close attention to Part 3 of the tutorial "If you have errors" Take the test for at least 7-10 passes. It may take up to 22 passes to find problems. Make sure to run it once after the system has been on for a few hours and is warm, and then also run it again when the system has been off for a few hours and is cold.Follow this-

Quote: Originally Posted by Arc

Lately we have experienced some issues with the latest driver. Install the 314.22 WHQL only. Uninstall All nvidia items in Control Panel > Programs and features3D Vision Control Driver
3D Vision Driver
Graphics Driver
HD Audio Driver
PhysX
nvidia Update
(Are you using nvidia chipset drivers? If so, dont uninstall anything other than those are listed).
Now follow Drivers - Clean Left over Files after Uninstalling
Boot normally now. Go to Drivers - Download NVIDIA Drivers, Download 314.22 WHQL. While installing, Select Custom (Advanced) install. In the next page, follow this settings:

Let us know the results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/305784-bsod-when-using-intel-hd-nvidia-gpu.html
Relevancy 59.77%

I have a Dell XPS that I received last week from Dell with a random screen flickering issue nbsp It is based on evalue order code lt ADMIN NOTE Order number removed per privacy policy gt It is the th Gen Core i GB RAM quot FHD p display not k GB SSD WHr Battery Intel NVIDIA XPS 15 Flickering - Intel w/ Screen 530 / Dell Causing 960M (9550) Intel Graphics AND NVIDIA M I saw a post about the XPS with the intel display flickering being fixed with the new driver I am running driver version for the Intel and my screen is still constantly flickering nbsp on my brand new XPS nbsp Another Issue I also noticed that in the Intel graphics properties config panel - gt D - gt Application Optimal Mode this also causes issues Dell XPS 15 (9550) w/ Intel 530 / NVIDIA 960M - Intel Causing Screen Flickering with the start menu looking distorted and fuzzy even making some of the white text look gray nbsp I disabled this to resolve that issue but the screen still constantly flickers One thing I have done recently to mitigate the flickering is go into the NVIDIA driver control panel and set the NVIDIA card as the preferred graphics card which works for most applications As soon as the Intel card kicks back in the screen flickers I have tried various drivers versions for this model off the Dell website without success I am running Windows Pro nbsp not sure if a Dell XPS 15 (9550) w/ Intel 530 / NVIDIA 960M - Intel Causing Screen Flickering newer driver is available and just not posted For example the newest Laptop BIOS on the driver website ends in while my pc came with installed So wasn t sure if the website was behind on graphics driver releases although the Dell XPS 15 (9550) w/ Intel 530 / NVIDIA 960M - Intel Causing Screen Flickering Dell Update app hasn t downloaded any new driver either I am about to return this laptop this is annoying I know it is the intel driver because if I uninstall the Intel Driver completely and let it install the generic microsoft basic graphics driver while the performance isn t good the screen does NOT flicker Was just wondering if anyone else has had a similar experience and if you were able to resolve it OR if this is completely a driver issue that only Dell Intel can resolve nbsp Thanks

A:Dell XPS 15 (9550) w/ Intel 530 / NVIDIA 960M - Intel Causing Screen Flickering

Another update... I was ready to give up as others have above when I found posts on the NotebookReviews forum mentioning this new Intel Driver:  downloadcenter.intel.com/.../Intel-Graphics-Driver-for-Windows-7-8-1-10-15-40-6th-Gen
It won't install through the executable, but if you follow the instructions here for a manual install: www.windowscentral.com/how-install-intel-beta-graphics-drivers-surface  they do work.  Incidentally that link is regarding the exact same flickering problem on the MS Surface Book Pro(very similar hardware).  I'm 3 days in to using these drivers and it appears to have resolved the problem.  This is the longest I've gone without flickering by a long shot.
Note on the Intel download site the first of the "Key Issues Fixed"...  "Display may flicker on 6th Generation Intel Core and related processors".
I also updated to the latest WiFi drivers from Dell's site at the same time, so I can't be 100% certain my issues were fixed by just the display drivers, or if it was the combination of the two.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19660093
Relevancy 59.77%

Edit I fixed it I was causing the problem myself but uninstalling the chip in the first place when i should have been disabling it instead Ok I looked for about an hour and decided i would have to make a new thread for my specific problem so sorry if im making my first post in an odd place I recently installed a NVIDIA GeForce FX PCI MB DDR video card followed directions as best i could and disabled the Intel integrated graphics but my PC insists on REinstalling the intel integrated graphics controller upon restart It left me alone for awhile and i could run Counter Strike Condition Zero moderately well low frames after playing for over an hour but after allowing my computer to update itself while using IE GeForce Graphics... Integrated please FX-vs-Intel 5500 intel NVIDIA make away! go to dowload firefox for a reinstall IE randomly decided my home page was going to be the microsoft site for the day and since then no matter what i do the computer insists NVIDIA GeForce 5500 FX-vs-Intel Integrated Graphics... please make intel go away! on trying to reinstall the intel integrated graphics thing so my question is how do I make this stop how do i keep the computer from giving me the dreaded quot found new hardware quot bubble when im using a FAR superior REAL video card already is there something i do in the BIOS i hope not i dont like messing around in there or on the motherboard itself i have some basic info about my comp in my signature but im going to use quot PolSystemInfo quot to find all my PC specs and just copy paste them below I just hope its enough info to help someone figure out how to kill that evil integrated chip System CPU Intel R Pentium R Processor with MMX CPU Speed MHz No of CPUs OS Microsoft Windows XP Service Pack Ver Version of DirectX DirectX Main Memory Capacity MB Free Space MB Drive C Local Disk Free Space GB Capacity GB Drive D Local Disk Free Space MB Capacity GB Drive J Local Disk Free Space GB Capacity GB Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce FX Type of Chip Unknown Video Chip Video Driver nv disp dll Version Updated Saturday December AM VendorId x DE DeviceId x SubSysId x Revision VRAM MB AvailableVidMem MB AvailableTextureMem MB Sound Card Realtek AC Audio Sound Driver ALCXWDM SYS Version Updated Wednesday February PM Network Card Realtek RTL x Family Fast Ethernet NIC Network Driver R n SYS Version Updated Friday October PM Motherboard Gamila Giovani Neon series Manufacturer MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO LTD Version Serial Number nbsp

A:NVIDIA GeForce 5500 FX-vs-Intel Integrated Graphics... please make intel go away!

Hmm that didn't happen to me when I put mines in. Did you install the NVIDIA drivers? Try disabling the onboard in the device manager. That?s what I did. There doesn?t seem to be an option to turn it off in the bios (my bios) maybe there is for you however. It isn?t too complicated. Just simply look for onboard graphics or integrated graphics controller or w/e and select disable, but first try disabling it in the device manager. It should be listed under display adapters -> properties -> disable this device.

You should upgrade to DX9.0c...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-geforce-5500-fx-vs-intel-integrated-graphics-please-make-intel-go-away.52092/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hi all,

This is my first computer build. For the most part it is playing games fine, but three times now in the last several weeks I have gotten BSODs, in Crysis 3, Battlefield 4. I didn't have the presence of mind to write down the error code.

I have attached the /zip file generated by SF.

Any ideas? I got error codes when trying to debug myself with windbg.

A:BSOD playing games under high load, High-end Intel/Nvidia custom PC

Hello i have had a look the the files you provided.

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 124, {0, fffffa800cfd5028, bf800000, 124}

Probably caused by : GenuineIntel

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

Code:
6: kd> !errrec fffffa800cfd5028
===============================================================================
Common Platform Error Record @ fffffa800cfd5028
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Record Id : 01cf956465f79ba4
Severity : Fatal (1)
Length : 928
Creator : Microsoft
Notify Type : Machine Check Exception
Timestamp : 7/4/2014 6:47:18 (UTC)
Flags : 0x00000000

Section 0 : Processor Generic
Descriptor @ fffffa800cfd50a8
Section @ fffffa800cfd5180
Offset : 344
Length : 192
Flags : 0x00000001 Primary
Severity : Fatal

Proc. Type : x86/x64
Instr. Set : x64
Error Type : Cache error
Operation : Generic
Flags : 0x00
Level : 0
CPU Version : 0x00000000000306c3
Processor ID : 0x0000000000000006

Section 1 : x86/x64 Processor Specific
Descriptor @ fffffa800cfd50f0
Section @ fffffa800cfd5240
Offset : 536
Length : 128

Local APIC Id : 0x0000000000000006
CPU Id : c3 06 03 00 00 08 10 06 - bf fb da 7f ff fb eb bf
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 - 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 - 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

Proc. Info 0 @ fffffa800cfd5240

Section 2 : x86/x64 MCA
Descriptor @ fffffa800cfd5138
Section @ fffffa800cfd52c0
Offset : 664
Length : 264

Error : DCACHEL0_WR_ERR (Proc 6 Bank 1)
Address : 0x000000041e01fdc0
Misc. : 0x0000000000000086
0x124 bug check with a cache write error.

Quote:
A "stop 0x124" is fundamentally different to many other types of bluescreens because it stems from a hardware complaint. Stop 0x124 minidumps contain very little practical information, and it is therefore necessary to approach the problem as a case of hardware in an unknown state of distress. - H2SO4

The usual suspect of this kind of BCCode is the CPU but it's often not the the case which is why we need
to test other components to rule them out as the cause.
How old are your components?
Do you have any spare parts (or another PC) to test with?

To start with, open your case if you feel comfortable to do so. Now reseat all the connectors with the computer off and blow away any dust.

Use this link to make sure you have enough power supply:

eXtreme Power Supply Calculator.

Test and Diagnose with Memtest:

RAM - Test with Memtest86+

Reduce your computer to Clock Speeds.

The problem with the Stop 0x124 is that there are so many causes, so we have to take a wide approach. We will try these for now, is these don't do the trick, we can try some more tests.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/336744-bsod-playing-games-under-high-load-high-end-intel-nvidia-custom-pc.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I am currently using the 66.93 drivers on an NVidia GeForce 256 AGP 4x. Before, I was using an Intel Brookdale (845, I think) with the latest drivers which took up to 64 MB of the RAM.

My question is this: Which would perform better, and are those the latest drivers for the NVidia?

The NVidia seems to be a bit slower at the moment, but could this be because I installed the drivers months after DirectX 9c was installed? Should I install DX9 again?

The card is in my IBM Netvista (in computer specs).

Thanks,
J.S.

Relevancy 51.6%

I am curious about what people are using and what and Intel/AMD nVidia/ATI they think about what they are using I would like to hear what kind of processor and graphics you are running and why you chose to go with each I do not want to see people start arguing over why which one is better I Intel/AMD and nVidia/ATI would like to hear why you think one is better than the other but without arguments I am using an AMD Phenom II x processor Intel/AMD and nVidia/ATI with a Sapphire X GT Mb Graphics card I chose the AMD processor for Intel/AMD and nVidia/ATI the performance and price and I have overclocked it as high as Ghz so far stable without adjusting the northbridge I chose the Sapphire X GT because it was cheap but originally I had a pair of them installed with a crossfire setup I did not like crossfire at all because it was a waste of time effort money and one graphics card I found out quickly that crossfire will only work with a single display I run dual monitors so that was a killer for me right away Without being able to use crossfire I was effectively wasting an entire card so I sold one Other problems included not having any video until windows was loaded and I was sitting on the desktop Again another killer because if you have a problem and cannot access the bios you just sit there wondering when your machine is ever going to start or if it ever will You end up pulling a card to troubleshoot the problem and that sucks I ended up clocking the card up to the speed of an X Pro because the GT was underpowered My processor was an excellent choice My graphics card was a poor choice Not because it was ATI but because it was a crappy model If I had gone with a Pro I would have been much happier My next processor and graphics card will be the AMD Phenom II X and the Sapphire HD Atomic

A:Intel/AMD and nVidia/ATI

For me it is nVidia/Intel because of their offerings on a laptop...I have a T9300 Processor and an 8600M GT in my laptop...while the graphics card is aging a bit...this is still a very powerful notebook that can pretty much run anything reasonable you throw at it...Intel and nVidia have gained my business because of my experience with them

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/17257-intel-amd-nvidia-ati.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I'd like to know the facts on these companies. AMD competes with Intel in the CPU manufacturing market and AMD also competes against Nvidia now that AMD own ATI Technologies with GPU manufacturing.

I've always preferred Intel and Nvidia over AMD, but that's just because they were the first CPU/GPU companies I used by total chance. AMD just released the new 7970 card and I'm seeing its running rings around Nvidia's GTX 580 which held title as the fastest card before the 7970 came out.

Intel cpu's are always more expensive but I've heard their top CPU is the fastest out there currently, the i7 1155 sandybridge chipset. AMD's are cheaper but apparantly just as good in some cases considering the price.

So, is it just a matter of opinion or is there truly a better product that one of these companies produces?

A:AMD vs Nvidia vs Intel

All these companies produce quality products. What is best can only be based on an individuals needs and budget.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/amd-vs-nvidia-vs-intel.1040650/
Relevancy 51.6%

The laptop has Intel HD 4000 graphics. When I go to Toshiba's website to update drivers, I enter my product and everything available comes up. Not only are 'Intel Display Drivers' available, but 'nVidia Display Drivers' are as well. I'm confused because I thought these were 2 totally different things, and that a laptop has either one or the other.

Should I download both?

A:nvIdia on Intel??

You already stated that it is an Intel GPU, so why are you looking at nVidia drivers. And yes, the OEM could use different GPU's/APU's on different models, but still use either an Intel or AMD CPU.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/55422-nvidia-intel.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I am just doing a quick poll to find out which company each person prefers.

Relevancy 51.6%

Hmm.. Well You all know how i was having issues with my Desktop's Graphic's Card Driver [nVIDIA GeForce 6200A] and its driver crashing..it still does it. but what confuses me my Laptop has a NVidia GeForce 8600M GT, and it has the same driver? [i think] it doesnt crash.. lol

I was wondering if my Dell Dekstop's Motherboard Graphics Chip would work with Windows 7 and beable to use Aero?
it is Intel Graphics Media Accelorator 900. Information on the GMA 900

Also is the Intel Driver [if any] for the graphics is Stable and wont crash.

A:Nvidia...Intel?

It's the 915 chipset, so no aero.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/10534-nvidia-intel.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi all, another little bug for the gurus.
As per my specs, I've got an intel 4790 CPU with onboard 4600 graphics and an Nvidia GTX760 card with latest driver installed. I just tried to open the nvidia control panel and get the attached message. In device manager both show up in "display adapter". Nvidia is set to run on startup in msconfig and to automatic and running in services.msc. I disabled intel through services.msc. but no difference. Do the intel graphics run alongside nvidia? I know I'm dumb with computers but it seems strange I can't open the nvidia interface.

A:Intel or Nvidia?

No problem gang.....dopey me had the hdmi from the monitor plugged into the mobo and not the g/card....Duh

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/335644-intel-nvidia.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi, I am looking into getting a new video card soon and I was wondering which type would go better with my processor and mother board, ATI or nVidia... When I first got my comp I had an AMD 1.8 GHZ processor with an ATI 9500 PRO video card. A year later my processor burned out and died. I replaced it with an Intel 2.8 GHZ processor just to try out Intel. So far it has worked great. But, I wan't to get a new video card and I am stumped at which to get as I want the best performance for my PC as possible. My comps specs are...( as much as I know ). Processor: Intel 2.8 GHZ P4, RAM: 512 MB ( not sure on what type and I will be upgrading it to 1 GB very soon as well). Video card: ATI Radeon 9500 PRO, Hardrive: 60 Gb ( small I know ) So any advice would be appreciated thanks.

A:ATI with Intel or nVidia with Intel

I would go with nVidia because I think they have better cards. I don't think one or the other will perform better but I might be wrong. :hotouch:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ati-with-intel-or-nvidia-with-intel.22418/
Relevancy 50.74%

i have a Lenovo A730. When I run Microsoft Flight Simulator FSX, it always defaults to the onboard Intel hd graphics. I can not get it to run on the nvidia gpu. Yes, I have all updated drivers and no matter what settings I try in the nvidia control panel, the simulator always loads the Intel. I have tried every combination in the nvidia control panel. Any ideas on how to "force" it to run on the nvidia? Thanks.

A:A730 will not run the nvidia gpu, only the Intel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MWUxboU7Zwg45 seconds into it shows you how to select what gfx card to use for what program, hope that helps

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-A-B-C-N-S-Flex-Horizon/A730-will-not-run-the-nvidia-gpu-only-the-Intel/td-p/2256380
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi,

i was wondering about the Nvidia optimus technology where the computer has intel graphics and nvidia graphics,

For example, if i am running 2 games, setting 1 on intel and the other on nvidia, does it help with performance? or it doesent work this way? ive already tested but it doesent seem to be working, could be some settings im missing out, any thoughts? thanks in advance

** when i said "doesent seem to be working" i meant , it still feels laggy when both are running

A:using intel and nvidia for 2 games

Not entirely sure of what you're talking about here.

Do you mean playing 2 games at once? Running 1 game off an nVidia graphics card and one card of your mothersboard (Intel) graphics?

This is a silly idea. What's the point playing 2 games at once?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/using-intel-and-nvidia-for-2-games.1071025/
Relevancy 50.74%

So I came across a couple of threads about people having the same laptop as mine and saying theyre able to at least play Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn on medium settings not sure think it was high on fps I use medium too no low settings unfortunately tried lowering all the subsets and fps was same as medium standard settings They had the same problem as mine at first about the very low fps in crowded areas using GPU, not nVidia uses be may instead? Laptop Intel lt fps and ish fps on non crowded places or areas that arent Laptop may not be using nVidia GPU, uses Intel instead? too graphically intricate But then they say it was the settings setup that was causing the problems about our laptop using the Intel gpu instead of the nVidia GTX m one I remember it was sort of - threads I saw that had these problems but some of the answers werent too direct or were pretty vague like this oneCan't get above FPS on a Laptop may not be using nVidia GPU, uses Intel instead? Lenovo y FFXIV ARR Forum - Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn He said he quot put the whole computer to use the Nvidia card exclusively and now it runs between and FPS quot though I dont know how and didnt quite understand how to do it based on his answer but I guess thats on me not being a techie guy quot Swapping between Auto Select and Nvidia exclusively is as easy as right clicking on my desktop quot I tried to check where when I right click but the only related ones I see are Graphics Properties which is wholly related to Intel and couldnt find anything about switching entirely to nVidia and Graphics Options was more of a notifications and keybind thing If anyone could clarify how all of these works or how to finally get these games to run decently it would be greatly appreciated

A:Laptop may not be using nVidia GPU, uses Intel instead?

You could look in your BIOS for a setting that lets you pick what graphics to use. Look at startup for what key to press to get in to your BIOS, it varies by manufacturer.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/311661-laptop-may-not-using-nvidia-gpu-uses-intel-instead.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I have recently got a new laptop with a GeForce GT 520M, and for some reason my DxDiag doesnt seem to register the fact that it's there, as you can see below.

I have got the nVidia Drivers installed as well as Intel HD Graphics installed.

I'm worried that this is affecting my laptops performance.

Please help!

Thanks,
StubbyHS

A:Why have I got Intel HD and Nvidia Drivers?

Hello stubby,

At first glance I would say this was correct but I need the complete laptop model name and number to be sure

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/195442-why-have-i-got-intel-hd-nvidia-drivers.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello Im Brazilian and I would like to know which of the two configurations is better, both have the same price:

AMD/ATI
proc amd atlhon x2 5600 2.9ghz
mb asus m2n-x
memoria ddr2 2gb kingston 800mhz hyperx especial edition
vga pci express 2.0 HD 3870 512mb gddr4 775mhz
fonte real satelite 400w
gabinete
hd sata 320gb samsung

INTEL/NVIDIA
proc intel core 2 duo E7400 2.8ghz
mb intel dg31pr
memoria ddr2 2gb kingston 800mhz (normal)
vga pci express 2.0 GeForce 9600GT 512mb 650mhz
fonte real seventeam 450w
gabinete
hd sata 500gb samsung

already thanks

A:Question: AMD/ATI vs Intel/Nvidia

I like the Intel/Nvidia setup

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/question-amd-ati-vs-intel-nvidia.126152/
Relevancy 50.31%

I just tested an Nvidia 9300 GS card with a Intel Corei3 HD 2000 graphics system. Here is the windows experience index scores I got :

Nvidia 9300 GS :
Base Score 3.9

- Processor : 7.1
- Memory : 7.5
- Graphics : 3.9
- Gaming Graphics : 5.1
- Hard Disk : 5.9

Intel HD 2000 :
Base Score : 5.2

- Processor : 7.1
- Memory : 5.9
- Graphics : 5.2
- Gaming Graphics : 5.8
- Hard Disk : 5.9

My questions are :

When using Intel HD graphics, it reduces the score of my Ram! How is that possible? It checks the speed of the ram. Not the size (i think). Intel graphics take some of the ram space but how can that effect the speed?

From both of them, what will be the good choice?

A:Nvidia 9 series or Intel HD 2000?

I'm pretty sure the Wei takes into account the amount of available ram in addition to the speed which would account for the reduction in the wei.

Also upon checking passmark it would appear that the Intel HD graphics does out perform the 9300 gs although I would need which i3 processor you have to confirm

i3 G3D rating is 200+
9300 GS G3D rating 138.

out of the two I guess you should stick with the integrated graphics since it is better unless you need the extra Ram that is uses

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/238006-nvidia-9-series-intel-hd-2000-a.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hello,

As I am going to buy a new PC I wish to know which video card brand should to go with keeping in view the future developments such as Intel's release of their Core i7 (Nehalem) processors by the end of this year. And as you know there is dispute between intel and Nvidia at present and it may be possible that Nvidia may not be able to support intel's next processors i.e. Core i7, do you think that Nvidia which is today the defacto standard in PC gaming and widely recognized would lose this position to the ATI video cards in near future? So should I go forward with Nvidia or ATI? Kindly recommend. Thanks

A:Nvidia or ATI after Intel Core i7 processors?

It kinda depends on what chipset you go with rather than the processor type. For example, if you buy a PC or motherboard with an Intel chipset, rather than an nVidia chipset, you should buy ATI because of greater compatibility. Also, Intel's chipsets support ATI Crossfire technology while nVidia chipsets support SLI. I would imagine that the new i7 processors would perform better on a native Intel chipset over nVidia but that's my two cents. It doesn't look like either graphics corp. is going to succeed over the other any time soon so it's anyone's guess as to who comes out on top, if that even happens...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-or-ati-after-intel-core-i7-processors.111469/
Relevancy 50.31%

Can you tell me which is better for an Intel quad core processor : Intel integrated 2000 or Nvidia Geforce Gt 610 2gb??

I want to use for gaming.

The specs below are for my old cpu and motherboard. I have to install the new ones. I'm getting an 3rd Gen i5 Cpu which has Integrated Graphics 2000. So my query is whether i should use the integrated one or my Nvidia 610.

Thanks

A:Intel Integrated Graphics Vs Nvidia

You would want a GTX 750 Ti if you like playing games on low-med and sometimes high. The GeForce GT 610 is not a gaming card and is just an entry-level meaning it's for office or HTPC use.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/358897-intel-integrated-graphics-vs-nvidia.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi all - I'm a bit confused about whether my VN7-792G is configured correctly. If I right click the desktop and go to Graphics Properties, the Intel HD Graphics control panel comes up.   The Nvidia control panel shows only options for 3-D Settings and nothing else. This is not the same as my other machines that have Nvidia graphics cards, and default to a full Nvidia control panel. Thanks for any knowlege here.

http://community.acer.com/t5/V-and-VN-Series-Laptops/intel-vs-nvidia-graphics-default/td-p/454526
Relevancy 50.31%

Hello I just bought a Zeus Mini i from Best Buy PC arrived today set it up and it will not detect the GTX it only detects the Intel Integrated HD card on the mobo Not sure what to do I've tried a number of things and my GPU Detects PC Not NEW Intel Only 4600 Nvidia - computer doesn't even detect the GTX In GPU-z only the Intel HD shows up I don't know if this is a factor but upon first boot I had the monitor plugged into the Only Detects Intel 4600 Not Nvidia GPU - NEW PC mobo i e Intel HD Whenever I try to plug into the GPU be it HDMI or regular cable that came with the monitor there is nothing but darkness Tried to install Nvidia drivers it cannot detect hardware In the BIOS it's under PEG instead of IGD but still nothing When I boot up with the cable plugged into the slot for the GPU I cannot even see the BIOS It's just a dark screen My last resort was to try Windows Update and it downloaded some nVidia apater drivers right now for the GTX Updates were a success apparently yet in device manager I still only see the Intel and when trying to manually install the Nvidia driver that I downloaded from their website it says quot could not find compatibable hardware quot I am at a loss and this is a completely new system Under device manager when I click to show hidden items it does show the GTX and says it is not properly connected code My friend and I tried to do some troubleshooting and now the GTX doesn't even show up under hidden devices As soon as I plug into the MSi GTX slot HDMI or regular cable from the monitor doesn't matter no input BIOS is set to PEG and not IGD Doesn't matter it just defaults to the Intel Whenever I try to install drivers it just says it doesn't detect the hardware I am at a loss and by no means an expert in any of this I am not sure if maybe the GPU came loose during transit it was packaged pretty tight but you never know I am afraid if I open it the Cyperpowerpc warranty will be voided Since I am in Canada I am also at a loss as to what to do I bought it from Best Buy Canada It was an Online Only purchase Can you even return those in store I really do appreciate any help provided I am just at a loss and so disappointed and deflated right now I was really excited for this PC EDIT Researched seeing as how it's Cyperpowerpc opening the case will not void their warranty Only damaging hardware will Yeah I can't even get the side panels of the case off after unscrewing what was holding it

A:Only Detects Intel 4600 Not Nvidia GPU - NEW PC

You should be able to take it to the nearest store. Make them fix it or return your money.

http://www.eightforums.com/graphic-cards/53426-only-detects-intel-4600-not-nvidia-gpu-new-pc.html
Relevancy 50.31%

http://www.pcworld.com/news/article/0,aid,112603,tk,cx092303a,00.asp

Relevancy 50.31%

which ones do you prefer i like amd/ati cause they good and cheap only downfall if heat problem. i hate intel and nvidia but everyones got there opinions

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/amd-ati-versus-intel-teamed-with-nvidia.581157/
Relevancy 50.31%

Hiya...never had this before 2 displays....Intel (R) HD Graphics Family and Nvidia GeForce 540M.

Question is which to use when? Looks like the default for everything seems to be the Intel even a game I have started playing....would have thought the displays would automatically change accordingly, is this the case? I see I can override settings if need be but do I really need to do this or will it decide which to use and change automatically?

Thanks

A:Choice of Displays-Intel & Nvidia

Sounds like you have a laptop with the switchable graphics card. The Intel HD Graphics card is generally used for the standard graphics and the nVidia GeForce 540 would kick in for the more heavy duty graphics processing such as 3D rendering.

As to when it would switch over, I would presume it depends on who the manufacturer of that laptop has decided how it handles it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/184400-choice-displays-intel-nvidia.html
Relevancy 50.31%

hello everyone

I have a laptop equipped with nVIDIA 310M GPU and Intel HD graphics, the one is working now is Intel HD.
I downloaded a game Demo for Crysis 2 from Steam, when I try to play it a message comes up saying: Unsupported video card detected etc... and in the bottom of the message: Intel HD graphics: [vendor id = 0x8086, 6device id = 0x0046]

how can I play the game with nVIDIA GPU not Intel's GPU??
there is no switch button in my laptop like other laptops have.

A:nVIDIA 310M VS. Intel HD graphics

From what I can see yours uses the switchable graphics that should switch automatically based on required usage,

ASUSTeK Computer Inc.-Forum- K42JC 64bit nVidia

Do you have the latest driver for both installed? If not go here,

ASUSTeK Computer Inc. - Notebooks - ASUS K42JC

to get them as both are required for it to work. Also don't use the reference Intel or Nvidia driver as they haven't been written to work with the switching, only get them from Asus.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/148882-nvidia-310m-vs-intel-hd-graphics.html
Relevancy 50.31%

hello...

so my boot time takes a very long time (~5min) and i believe one of the causes is a faulty vga.sys... i copied the vga.sys from the windows\system32\drivers folder to the desktop and changed the sys into a txt file so that i may see some keywords from it... i opened the vga.txt and found keywords like the ATI and NVIDIA...

now the problem is that i have the Intel(R) GMA HD and not the NVIDIA... I just installed Batman: Arkham Asylum and it says that the NVIDIA Geforce #(some number) is required... are there any get-around from this?<-- i mean, to make my boot faster...

hoping for a solution... thanks...

A:Intel(R) & NVIDIA driver booty

Set up a clean boot. If you run faster, follow instructions
If you do not run faster report back for further help
How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows 7

If it does not work, let us know if it works in safe mode.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/109398-intel-r-nvidia-driver-booty.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hello Everyone,
I am new here, and i need help from senior members i want to buy a new graphic card for my PC. I have heard that it cant run latest Graphic cards which use DDR3 or DDR5 , also what is the relation of power supply wattage with graphic card???
My PC config is
Processor; Intel Core2Duo E7200 (2.53 Ghz)
MotherBoard: Intel DG31 PR
Ram: 2 GB DDR2
Graphic card: Nividia Geforce 9400 GT.

A:Can Intel DG 31 PR support Nvidia Geforce GTS 450 ???

Hello and welcome to the forums, Tarique!

From looking at your desktop's motherboard specifications that are listed on this site by Intel:-

Intel? Desktop Board DG31PR &mdash; Technical product specification for DG31PR

Your mother board has a PCI-E x 16 slot which should be able to support the GTS 450.

The only question that remains is whether your PSU (Power Supply Unit) can support the card; what is the wattage of your PSU?

Please check your PSU by opening up your PC's case and having a look at the side of the PSU for the manufacturer's sticker or something that would indicate its specifications.

Don't forget to fill up the rest of your specifications also by following this tutorial:-
System Info - See Your System Specs
This information is very important, we need it before we can proceed with answering your question(s).

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/239392-can-intel-dg-31-pr-support-nvidia-geforce-gts-450-a.html
Relevancy 50.31%

i have the following specifications,what is the best videocard for windows 7,

ubuntu 9

------------ my system specifications ------------

asus p5n73am

intel dual core 2.5 ghz

2gb ram

160 gb western digital harddisk

liteon - moserbaer dvd writer

zebronics cobra cabinet(tower)

onboard via vt1708b - audio

nvidia geforce 7050/nvidia nforce 610i - video

-------------------------------------------------------------

my smps is rated 450 watts

i love to play sims 3 with graphics enabled at the maximum .

A:Best videocard for Intel machines Ati, Nvidia or others

There is no "Best" but you must make sure that your 450 watt power supply can handle it...
You will find terrific arguments from every side... nVidia, ATI, etc..
Then you have to figger in what games you play
Most often it is a cost issue...

SIMS does not make huge demands on your system... but I would change the power supply before going too much higher than your nVidia GeForce 7050...

Unless you are shooting for higher, more powerful games, you are likely fine with what you have.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/best-videocard-for-intel-machines-ati-nvidia-or-others.137810/
Relevancy 50.31%

I was just wondering, are intel chipsets and nvidia drivers compatible and do they work well together? The only computers I have owned have all had Nvidia chipsets.

A:Intel chipset and nvidia drivers

Yes they are compatible... Some Nvidia video drivers have problems with Windows and not necessairily with the chipsets

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/intel-chipset-and-nvidia-drivers.85690/
Relevancy 50.31%

I set everything in the the Nvidia Control Panel to force the system to use my Nvidia Geforce 850M GPU, since I noticed that it wasn't ever switching. I also set it to display on the screen what GPU the Physx engine is using, and it always uses the onboard Intel GPU. I also checked my system information, and the Nvidia card is listed as a render-only card. From what I've googled, that means that it isn't being fully utilized. Does anyone have information on this? My games seem fairly slow compared to what a couple of sites have said my card should be able to handle. For example, Arkham Knight has to run on low graphics for my FPS to be decent and not lag. I know I'm on a laptop, but my system specs should be able to handle more.

A:Force Nvidia instead of Onboard Intel GPU

You need to go into the BIOS setup and disable the onboard graphics. While there check that BIOS is using the correct PCI-E socket.

http://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/35209-force-nvidia-instead-onboard-intel-gpu.html
Relevancy 49.88%

It,s my hp g42 458tu notebook and it has 1 graphic memory of intel hd graphic should i change it to nvidia graphics or let it be intel graphics only.

A:Which graphics are better? Intel HD or Nvidia Pls give an idea.

Hi Azeemkwow, Welcome to Sevenforums

If you want to play high end games, watch full HD movies, go for Nvidia. Else, if you want to just watch movies, browse internet (all normal stuff), then Intel GPU will be good.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/303492-graphics-better-intel-hd-nvidia-pls-give-idea.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I am planning on building a gaming PC with a budget of around $900, I have chosen the Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 Ti graphics card, Intel Core i5-2500K processor and the MSI P67A-GD55 motherboard.

When looking at the specs for my CPU, I was intrigued to see that it said "Integrated GPU: Yes"
What does this mean exactly? The motherboard I am getting does not have on-board graphics, is this a problem?

Thanks in advance.

A:Intel Core i5-2500K and Nvidia GeForce GTX 560 Ti

No, it's not a problem. The Core i5's have some GPU processing integrated into the CPU itself, not really something you need to worry about if you are using a decent standalone card.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/intel-core-i5-2500k-and-nvidia-geforce-gtx-560-ti.1035634/
Relevancy 49.88%

Anyone using or think you can use Nvidia video cards on an Intel 975XBX2KR Motherboard? I know it can run ATI Crossfire but I am finding better deals on the Nvidia cards. Think those will work okay in this mobo?

A:Nvidia Video cards on Intel BX2 mobo?

It will work on that motherboard but not in SLI mode, that can only be done on nVidia based motherboards.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-video-cards-on-intel-bx2-mobo.98329/
Relevancy 49.88%

I'm in the process of helping my parents buy a computer for someone. I've narrowed it down to 2 PCs, one with the Intel GMA 3100 the other with an Nvidia GeForce 6150 SE. The PCs basically have to be able to run Sims 2. If anyone has any recommendations as to one or the other opinions would be welcome.

If anyone has any opinions on ATI RADEON X1250 with shared memory they'd be welcome as well, this is in a laptop comparably priced.

A:Intel GMA 3100 vs Nvidia GeForce 6150 SE

No integrated graphics will run the game enjoyably. Get a desktop that's good by other parts, and add a Radeon 3450 or such cheap little card, for 30 $ or so, and it's much, much better for playing the game.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/intel-gma-3100-vs-nvidia-geforce-6150-se.773681/
Relevancy 49.88%

I have a 3.0 GHz Pentium 4 motherboard with an onboard Intel 82865G graphics chip (circa 2005). Is this going to be faster than a 128MB AGP card based on the nVidia FX 5200 chip (circa 2003)? If you have any pointers to a review, that would also be appreciated. Thanks.

A:Intel 82865G graphics vs nVidia FX 5200

I am pretty sure it will be. The onboard cards are nearly always a good bit weaker than most any external. My question is, why can't you get something higher?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/intel-82865g-graphics-vs-nvidia-fx-5200.98879/
Relevancy 49.88%

XPS 14.  About 3 years old.  Ran the Intel Driver Update utility which told me there was a new driver for the Intel HD 4000.  But it goes to great length warning me that Dell has thier own preferred version and I should use that 3 year old version.  Nvidia wants me to update the Geforce GT 630M.  
Is that just overkill warning?  I know I could always roll back but the warnings sound so serious ;^)

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19994937
Relevancy 49.88%

------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report Machine name FOX-PC Operating System Windows Home Premium -bit Build Service Pack win sp gdr - Language Italian for GPU Intel using monitor without main Use GPU Nvidia laptop Regional Setting Italian System Manufacturer Alienware System Model M xR BIOS InsydeH O Version A Use Nvidia GPU for main laptop monitor without using Intel GPU Processor Intel R Core TM i - QM CPU GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Available OS Memory MB RAM Page File MB Use Nvidia GPU for main laptop monitor without using Intel GPU used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX DX Setup Parameters Not found User DPI Setting Using System DPI System DPI Setting DPI percent DWM DPI Scaling Disabled DxDiag Version bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ Display Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D retail DirectDraw retail DirectInput retail DirectMusic retail DirectPlay retail DirectSound retail DirectShow retail --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name Intel R HD Graphics Manufacturer Intel Corporation Chip type Intel R HD Graphics Family DAC type Internal Device Key Enum PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS amp REV Display Memory MB Dedicated Memory MB Shared Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Name Monitor generico Plug and Play Monitor Model unknown Monitor Id SEC B Native Mode x p Hz Output Type Internal Driver Name igdumd dll igd umd dll igd umd dll igdumd igd umd igd umd Driver File Version English Driver Version DDI Version Driver Model WDDM Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo d n a WHQL Date Stamp n a Device Identifier D B E - - CF-FD - D B C C Vendor ID x DE Device ID x DCD SubSys ID x Revision ID x A Driver Strong Name oem inf IntelGfx NTamd iSNBM ci ven amp dev Rank Of Driver E Video Accel ModeMPEG A ModeMPEG C ModeVC C ModeWMV C Deinterlace Caps CB - - - E - C DB Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive F F DA - B - B F- D -C E EAAB Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY A A C -C EC- BD - EDE-F C DC B Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch CB - - - E - C DB Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive F F DA - B - B F- D -C E EAAB Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY A A C -C EC- BD - EDE-F C DC B Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch CB - - - E - C DB Format In Out YV x Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive F F DA - B - B F- D -C E EAAB Format In Out YV x Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY A A C -C EC- BD - EDE-F C DC B Format In Out YV x Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out YV x Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch CB - - - E - C DB Format In Out NV x e Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess Stre... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/use-nvidia-gpu-for-main-laptop-monitor-without-using-intel-gpu.1066538/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hai everyone,

I have a problem that's bugging me for a pretty long time.

I have a Lenovo b560 with Intel HD integrated and nVidia GrForce 310M. I haven't found the option to change my primary display adapter to the nvidia one anywhere.

Is it anyhow possible?

A:Force nVidia GeForce 310m over Intel HD

Just found out that disabling/uninstalling the Intel HD adapter won't switch to the GeForce one for primary either, it goes to VGA graphics adapter or smth like that but just can't get it on the nVidia one :/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/force-nvidia-geforce-310m-over-intel-hd.982157/
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi, i have a similar problem with this person here
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic418407.html

Yes, very similar. I tried disabling the intel display adapter from device manager, restarted and max screen resolute is 1024x768 and not 1366.768.

MY specs are,
Acer 4750G i7
Nvidia Geforce 540M

I pressed F2 to go into Bios but there isnt any menu for me to change primary adapters or etc. Or maybe it could be another BIOS?

Help would be greatly apreciated.

A:Problem switching Intel HD grapphic to Nvidia

Well, this is the nature of Nvidia's Optimus Technology.For basic tasks (usage) that aren't GPU intensive, the system automatically switches to Intel's onboard graphics to save power (better battery life). But when you decided to do some serious gaming or watch HD movies, the system switches to the 540M to meet performance expectations.While there isn't a definitive solution to this problem, you will find an option in the NVIDIA control panel to set the GPU (540M) as your preferred option. You will need to look for this.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/419567/problem-switching-intel-hd-grapphic-to-nvidia/
Relevancy 49.88%

Following yesterday's worldwide launch of Windows 10, all three major GPU vendors have released new graphics drivers that support Microsoft's new operating system. If you're upgrading to Windows 10, make sure you download and install these drivers soon after launch. ...

Read more

A:AMD, Nvidia and Intel release new GPU drivers for Windows 10

Is AMD planning to release Windows 10 drivers for RadeonHD234k cards too? Are those machines stuck with Windows 7?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-nvidia-and-intel-release-new-gpu-drivers-for-windows-10.217386/
Relevancy 49.88%

GigaByte Board with Nvidia or Intel Chipset
and which board should i prefer with price
budget 3k
or
should i go for another company like Asus

A:Gigabyte Board with Nvidia or Intel Chipset

Reply me urgent

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gigabyte-board-with-nvidia-or-intel-chipset.119976/
Relevancy 49.88%

HI

I have realised that all games or applications when using the nvida card render a black screen and fail to load anything but sound. This includes various games using steam and their pop loaders, aswell as standalone application like the unreal4 game engine.
I have updated all drivers to the latest on dells site, I have tred the latest direct from nvidia, all fails the same way. 
I have ran the online dignostics spaceship test on video cards, and while it said the nvidia card passed, many of the tests were simply black screens! and never rendered any visual, in particular the first 2 tests shader rendertest for directx 11 and 10 were black screens only.
Is this a hardware fault? 

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19709322
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi there,

Tried in vain to find an answer to this one.

I have heard that maybe some versions of Windows 7, such as Starter or Home Basic, will not permit the automatic switching to a stand alone graphic card (Nvidia or ATI Radeon).

I wish to find out if this is correct and if so, which versions are restricted? I use Photoshop and play HD video files up to 2GB in size, so I want to ensure switching is performed for improved graphical performance. Based on this finding, I can then decide what O/S to buy with a new laptop I'm about to purchase.

Thank you,
Pete

A:Which 7 works when switching from Intel on board to Nvidia/ATI gfx?

There is no such restriction. It is a function of the hardware and drivers. But really why would you chose to use Starter or Basic in the first place? That would make no sense. Home Premium should be the lowest version you should go for.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/204882-7-works-when-switching-intel-board-nvidia-ati-gfx.html
Relevancy 49.88%

So, i have a laptop with optimus graphics (intel/nvidia), and i'm looking for a way to run windows system files with nvidia graphics. Small info : laptop bios doesnt have any settings about optimus graphics, so we are talking about in-windows solutions only. The thing is, that its not only windows system files (windows desktop manager, i.e.) that does not run on nvidia graphics, its also some programs, like windows experience index. Nvidia control panel doesnt work in this case - i can select i.e. wdm.exe, but intel graphics is selected and the option is greyed out and it doesnt let me change it, setting preferred graphics and restarting pc doesnt work either.

A:Force system file to use nvidia instead of intel

Where did you get your graphics drivers? IMHO For the dual graphics to work as intended your normally have to get the driver package from the laptop manufacturer. Especially if its mixed like Intel NVidia. Installing separate drivers from say Intel and NVidia doesn't always work out as it should. My laptop is AMD APU and AMD discrete graphics so I can go right to AMD for my driver.

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/56024-force-system-file-use-nvidia-instead-intel.html
Relevancy 49.88%

This laptop runs great most of the time, but suddenly it will slow down to a crawl, like something is paralyzing its memory. It will sit there in that state for 20 - 30 minutes, then just as suddenly - return to normal. I have run utilities, malware removal, virus scans, optimized startup, uninstalled everything I don't need, etc. Does anyone have a possible solution? 

A:Aspire 5745G Intel CORE i3 2.4 GHZ 6 GB RAM NVIDIA...

Try restoring the computer to a earlier date, before this started.Type Restore in Windows search.If that doesn't do it, if you haven't already, test your HDD with one of these free utilities.1) Crystaldiskinfo - http://crystalmark.info/software/CrystalDiskInfo/index-...2) HD Tune - http://www.hdtune.com/

http://community.acer.com/t5/Legacy-Laptops-and-Netbooks/Aspire-5745G-Intel-CORE-i3-2-4-GHZ-6-GB-RAM-NVIDIA-GeForce-310M/td-p/420082/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 49.45%

Sir,I bought my new hp laptop pavilion au006tx with 4gb nvidia 940MX graphic card.But then also when I play games it lags like hell and which I could play smoothly on my 4 year old laptop with ati radeon 5450. Sir please suggest me what to do so that I could play all the games .

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/How-to-enable-nvidia-940mx-for-gaming-and-disable-intel-hd/td-p/5744808
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi,

I would like to get a clarification on the Graphics driver version numbering of Intel and Nvidia.

Intel uses the following schema to define the driver versions.

7. 14. 10. 1322
VISTA DirectX Intel Build number

For example, this driver works with Windows Vista* operating system and supports Microsoft DirectX* 9. The last four numbers represent the Intel build number.

Intel Identifier Operating System Version
8 Windows 7*
7 Windows Vista*
6 Windows* 2000 and Windows* XP
5 Windows 2000 only
4 Windows*95/98/98SE/Me or Windows NT* 4.0

Intel Identifier DirectX* Version
15 10.x
14 9.x
13 8.x
12 7.x
11 6.x

7 Denotes VISTA Operating System
14 Denotes DirectX 9.x
1322 Denotes Intel Build Number

What is 10, it denotes for ?

NVIDIA Graphic Drivers

NVIDIA GeForce 8400GS
Driver : 7.15.11.6369

7 Denotes VISTA Operating System
15 Denotes DirectX 10.x
6369 Denotes Intel Build Number

Can anyone help me to find out the significance of digit 10 in Intel and 11 in Nvidia driver version?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/intel-and-nvidia-graphics-driver-version-numbering.964240/
Relevancy 49.45%

Now, technically, which graphics card is faster in drawing: the NVidia Riva TNT2 AGP or the INtel 845G PCI? I noticed that the TNT2 has slightly higher framerates.

A:NVIDIA RIVA TNT2 and INTEL 845G COMAPRISON

Do you meant the integrated series? If so, the Riva TNT would be better.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-riva-tnt2-and-intel-845g-comaprison.61231/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi everyone
I already have 3 computers, don't play games but do adobe premiere video editing, no special effects, simple timeine and cut and titles.
I will now start to move around to give some lectures and maybe with video projection, so I'm thinking a lot about connectivity and battery life.
I might do some video editing as well.... so firewire is important but I can get it with a pci card I think.
I've found that devoted video card is better, but expensive.
I've found a second hand Dell 620 with a NVIDIA Quadro NVS 110M for around $500
http://www.portafixe.com/latitude-d620-p-71.html?language=fr
would it be better than a new Lenovo / Dell with a Laptop Intel GMA X4500 card ???
Anew lenovo/Dell with devoted video card is around $1000
Do I need more power for my use?
And I'm looking for a widescreen model also

What do you think?
Thanks
Guy

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-intel-gma-x4500-nvidia-quadro-nvs-110m.794203/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hey guys i recently switched to Win clean install after installing all the drivers i noticed a little mouse lag when i Hybrid [Intel/nVidia] card - Mouse Graphics lag do certain tasks Plugin any USB deviceChanging mouse settingssometimes right clicking on the taskbar I have Mouse lag - Hybrid Graphics card [Intel/nVidia] noticed it comes from the nVidia card I have a MSI Laptop which has a little indicator on Mouse lag - Hybrid Graphics card [Intel/nVidia] the power button White light Intel card is in use Orange light nVidia card is in use and as soon as i plugin any USB device i see the indicator changes from white to orange for like - seconds and goes back to white So this means the nVidia card is running for a very short time and this causes the lag as it seems I have uninstalled the drivers and tested with the Intel Graphics drivers only - No lag But i can't use the Laptop without the nVidia drivers since i sometimes like to play games So anyone knows about this issue Is there a way to fix it Because on i don't have this issue Edit Some specs Intel HD Graphics nVidia GTX MX

A:Mouse lag - Hybrid Graphics card [Intel/nVidia]

The Intel HD Graphics are being used continuously when not playing games because it is trying to save power. Try to change your Nvidia Control Panel settings to allow the GPU to be used instead of HD Graphics.

http://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/35945-mouse-lag-hybrid-graphics-card-intel-nvidia.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I just bought a L50 C 1XT, which comes with nvidia geforce 930M, but because it also has intel i5, it shows the intel 5500 gpu too. Somehow the 2 display adapters work ok together, although I'm not sure which one is used. I don't play any games, I am a C++ developer

anyway I am thinking of disabling the intel 5500 from the device manager, and ideally I would like to uninstall all intel device drivers to free up some space. Am I going to run into any trouble?

btw as this laptop has a "small" SSD (it was supposed to be 256GB but somehow it is just 238 GB including all hidden partitions) I want to know what other things I could safely uninstall

thanks

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?91963-Satellite-L50-C-1XT-dual-display-adapters-Intel-nVidia
Relevancy 49.45%

How do i enable onboard intel GMA 3100 with nvidia 8600gt
its showing me incompatible display adapter disabled when i installed the intel driver
it works fine in xp
when i read some forms they say that its a prob with WDDM
plz guys tell me how can i make them both work together
intel quad core 9450
4GB RAM
intel gma 3100 & nvidia 8600gt
1 TB HDD

A:How do i enable onboard intel GMA 3100 with nvidia 8600gt

I didn't think you could. when you install the driver for the new 8600GT, it automatically disables the Onboard graphics. thats what I understood.

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/181624-how-do-i-enable-onboard-intel-gma-3100-nvidia-8600gt.html
Relevancy 49.45%

This may sound a stupid question but can these two clash??

After a fresh reinstall windows installed the Intel graphics accelerators then i installed my nvidia drivers for my Gforce 9400gt(not the best)
my monitor kept turning off on its own

Ive run dozens of tests and everything is reported as working properly
i uninstalled the intel drivers but the igfxsvc module was stilll running
even when i ended the process it would run again and it didnt appear in services
this is part of Intel and nothing to do with my nvidia drivers

I was wondering if a clash may of been causing the issue??
sorry if its a dumb question

A:Intel graphics accelerator & Nvidia drivers clash??

Are you sure it is not just the power setting.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/114780-intel-graphics-accelerator-nvidia-drivers-clash.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Is it possible to use both the internal intel and a pci-e nvidia graphics card at the same time with two monitors on a Dell Optiplex GX280?

A:Using both internal Intel and pci-e Nvidia cards on an Optiplex GX280?

Nick welcome to the Seven Forums.

That sort of thing is dependent on whether or not the bios auto-disables the onboard video when a video card is installed/detected. Some bioses will outright disable the onboard with no chance of it working, and some will auto-disable but allow the use of both through a setting in the bios.

One quick and easy way to see if the onboard is still enabled is to see if it is listed under Display adapters in Device Manager. If it is it should just be a matter of connecting a monitor to it. If it isn't check the bios and see if there is an option anywhere that allows to enable it. Being a Dell somehow I doubt that it will work though.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/181854-using-both-internal-intel-pci-e-nvidia-cards-optiplex-gx280.html
Relevancy 49.45%

I have recently bought a Nvidia GeForce 6200 PCI (not PCI-E) Video Card for

Intel 845GVSR motherboard, My computer has total of 512 RAM, 2.4 GHz P4, and 80 GB HDD

I installed the PCI video card in the PCI slot then plugged in the monitor cable and switched on the computer. But my monitor showed nothing. I waited and still nothing.

Please tell me what I should do. How to make it work.

A:Need help to install Nvidia GeForce 6200 PCI (not PCI-E) on Intel 845GVSR

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/need-help-to-install-nvidia-geforce-6200-pci-not-pci-e-on-intel-845gvsr.898873/
Relevancy 49.45%

Hello guys, I'm kinda new here and I need help. Okay, I have a Asus K42JC Laptop and has two VGA Graphics Adapter (Intel (R) HD Graphics and Nvidia 310M). There was a conflict between the two, actually Intel(R)HDG is currently installed, but when I try to install the Nvidia, my desktop freezes. But when I try to install Nvidia 310M first, It says that there is no Intel (R) HD Graphics Driver installed. But when I try Nvidia 310M alone (Intel (R) Graphics disabled), my laptop looks awful i mean like it has no graphics driver installed. Please help me and sorry for my bad english

A:Asus K42JC had Intel (R) HD Graphics and Nvidia 310M

Are you trying to install the nVidia drivers from a download directly from the nVidia website?

Some of the earlier versions of dual graphics laptops using the Core i Series processors required a combined graphics driver. You had to download this driver package directly from the OEM website for your exact laptop. The nVidia driver for the graphics chip in the laptop would not install alone, only in that package.

I've installed W7 on newer Asus laptops and this is no longer the case. I think they learned and adapted. They now offer the drivers seperately, but even still I continue to install only the nVidia driver offered by Asus. If it were my laptop I might experiment, but these are for other people so I'm just going for fast and easy.

Check to see if the K42JC has a combined package download from Asus.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/242446-asus-k42jc-had-intel-r-hd-graphics-nvidia-310m.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Upgrading my W530 Thinkpad to 1607, 3/4 way through the update, the Intel graphics driver is permanently disabled and the laptop screen goes blank.   The only way to monitor the rest of upgrade is to plug in an external monitor.   Once the upgrade is finished, rebooting still has the laptop monitor completely blank or displaying the "Lenovo" logo.   Reinstalling the Nvidia-Intel Win 10 Optimus graphics drivers does not fix anything, the intel video driver stays disabled.   Even if you try to replace it with the latest Intel video driver it does not work.   How could this get through beta testing.   No one with an optimus laptop ever tested the insider builds at all?    Before I plugged in the external monitor, I thought my laptop OS was permanently corrupt.

Moderator comment: Model added to subject for clarity.
Moderator comment  fixed model in title

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/W530-Win10-1607-Disables-Nvidia-Intel-Optimus-Switchable/td-p/3401190
Relevancy 48.59%

Upgrading my W530 Thinkpad to 1607, 3/4 way through the update, the Intel graphics driver is permanently disabled and the laptop screen goes blank.   The only way to monitor the rest of upgrade is to plug in an external monitor.   Once the upgrade is finished, rebooting still has the laptop monitor completely blank or displaying the "Lenovo" logo.   Reinstalling the Nvidia-Intel Win 10 Optimus graphics drivers does not fix anything, the intel video driver stays disabled.   Even if you try to replace it with the latest Intel video driver it does not work.   How could this get through beta testing.   No one with an optimus laptop ever tested the insider builds at all?    Before I plugged in the external monitor, I thought my laptop OS was permanently corrupt.

Moderator comment: Model added to subject for clarity.

Relevancy 48.59%

I am using a program called Nvidia Inspector to fix this issue with games such as Tomb Raider. But GTA 4 is giving me a hard time.I have tried everything, even Nvidia Inspector does not help in detecting Nvidia Graphics Card.I have an Acer Laptop with Optimus technology which seems to be the cause of this.I welcome any fix or solution.I can even try overclocking. I just want to run GTA 4 on my laptop.

A:Games Auto Detecting Intel HD instead of Nvidia dedicated memory...

For future reference, please fill in all the details in your system specs using the User CP
From what I understand, whenever you enter the game, it switches to your integrated video card instead of the added one? If that is the case, make sure that you have the priorities right in BIOS. I'm not an expert in laptops, just a shot in the dark.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/303225-games-auto-detecting-intel-hd-instead-nvidia-dedicated-memory.html
Relevancy 48.59%

hi there Intel 950 8500gt? nvidia Integrated Accelerator Media or Graphic i have a Integrated Intel Graphic Media Accelerator graphics card built into my gigabyte gzm-s motherboard but i was wondering how much difference there is between the nvidia gt and my on-board graphics I have already got the gt running in my computer but as you might already know this takes minimum watt psu usage and this is the issue i am recieving now I am thinking of going back Integrated Intel Graphic Media Accelerator 950 or nvidia 8500gt? to my onboard graphics but i dont want to cause problems with youtube lagging or bbc iplayer i wont be playing games on the computer e g gta but i will be playing online pool and i dont want these to lag So please could you tell me if i should go back to my onboard or if there is a major difference between my on board and between nvidia gt By the way i think my onboard graphics memory is around mb and the nvidia gt is mb but takes a lot of the psu Please Help REPLY ASAP nbsp

Relevancy 48.59%

I use Toshiba M Laptop that has two graphic cards with NVIDIA Optimus NVIDIA Usage Geforce problems] + Intel Graphics HD [Drivers & Technology Auto-swicthing graphics processors Now I have some vga problems Intel HD Graphics + NVIDIA Geforce [Drivers & Usage problems] and driver questions below Intel HD Graphics lt -Why can't install driver from Intel official website driver not supports but the driver in Toshiba website can be installed fine as well What's wrong with that Was it mean quot Intel HD Graphics quot has more than one type several of model classes or it must related to the chipset of Toshiba laptop's mainboard NVIDIA Geforce GT M lt -How to use only this vga stand alone I tried to disable Intel HD Graphics from device manager and then the monitor was not in use black screen was displayed So Intel HD Graphics + NVIDIA Geforce [Drivers & Usage problems] I tried to disable Intel HD Graphics in safe mode no black screen but the next normal boot it was displayed like GT M was not in use can't config NVIDIA tools it was disappeared from control panel but it was still enabled in device manager Now I just updated Intel HD Graphics driver a mouse lag in Aero themes taskbar effect was fixed also the video framerate fault was fixed too Hope someone can give the solutions how to fix these problems Thanks in advance My Laptop Toshiba Satellite M - X OS Windows Ultimate x OEM Toshiba CPU Intel Core i M GHz RAM Samsung GB x Dual Channel HDD Hitachi GB VGA Intel HD Graphics NVIDIA Geforce GT M GB SOUND Realtek High Definition Audio

A:Intel HD Graphics + NVIDIA Geforce [Drivers & Usage problems]

1. Main reason the Intel reference driver won't work is it hasn't been modified to work with the second card (applies to laptops with either Nvidia or AMD for the second card). Same applies to the Nvidia driver, it requires the Intel driver to be installed before it can be installed.

2. From what I have seen the Nvidia card (or AMD if so equipped) can be made to run all the time only when the laptop is plugged in and you change the power settings to high performance. If that doesn't get it working all the time here may be another setting that needs to be changed. If that is the case going to have to wait on someone with a similar setup for more info.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/123830-intel-hd-graphics-nvidia-geforce-drivers-usage-problems.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi,

At the moment I run dual display through VGA, one is monitor, one is the laptop screen. However, I'm looking to use an additional monitor on top of this. I know I have an NVIDIA video card, and onboard Intel graphics. Are both of these being currently used to run a dual-display setup, or not? And would there be a way I could run 3 displays (2 externals + laptop) based on what I have in my system?
Running WIN7 64bit if that helps.
If you require more info to answer my question just ask.
Thanks,
Chris

Relevancy 48.59%

I did a fresh install of windows 7 on my laptop. I then got a DELL engineer from the software team to do a drivers install.
But the screen on full resolution has problems. When I turn on the laptop and log in the screen gets all weird and flickers and shows grey lines and it?s very hard to use.
To resolve this I press the sleep button and then turn it back on.
I have intel 3000 graphics and nvidia graphics driver 332.21

Any help would be much appreciated

A:XPS Laptop screen flickering and distorted nVidia and Intel Drivers

Hi Welcome to Seven Forums .. Your best option would be to go to the Dell Website and Download the Drivers for your Graphics Card ... See if that helps any .. I assume you paid to get this repaired by the DELL engineer .. It should be their job to fix it ..

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/321602-xps-laptop-screen-flickering-distorted-nvidia-intel-drivers.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Which one is better? And how much is one better than the other?

Relevancy 48.59%

I have a newish Alienware R with an nbsp NVIDIA reg GeForce and graphics Apparent multiple re. conflict monitors NVidia between Intel reg GTX M graphics card and apparently also have the Intel HD Apparent conflict between NVidia and Intel graphics re. multiple monitors graphics thingy running I m running two external monitors plus Apparent conflict between NVidia and Intel graphics re. multiple monitors the laptop display for a total of three screens - one direct to the HDMI port and one via a converter to a thunderbolt port All three screens are connecting and displaying but the NVidia card seems only to be recognising the primary display only one display is listed in the NVidia control panel and when I ran the Dell hardware diagnostic on the video cards the main display tested on the NVidia card while the other two displays tested on the Intel HD nbsp This is not in and of itself such a terrible problem except that the conflict between the two graphics systems seems to be causing some unwanted behaviours In particular the primary display will not support full screen video - a nuisance for Youtube etc but really problematic for games with video intros and such which run pitch black As a more occasional issue I ve had system crashes a couple of times apparently caused by trying to run full screen video on the laptop display As I say I ran the Dell diagnostic wossface on the displays and video cards without identifying a problem and of course I ve done the basics of turning the system off and on again and reconnecting the external screens Interested to hear if anyone else has had trouble with this and any suggestions to get the system running more smoothly Much obliged Chris nbsp

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19991194
Relevancy 48.59%

Hello Guys,

Sorry if i am asking retarted stuff, i just want to know if it might be possible

I just got this my new pc, and i also got a monitor with it. The computer had a integrated intel video card, and an Nvidia 8500GT. Is it possible to plug the secondary monitor into the integrated intel card, and use the Nvidia for my main display?

Thanks in advance for helping me,

Wakawakamush

A:Dual monitor with intregrated intel card and Nvidia 8500GT

You would need to plug both monitors into the NVidia 8500GT and then configure them through the NVidia Control Panel. Generally speaking, if a computer has integrated graphics on the motherboard and a discrete graphics card is inserted, then the on-board graphics is disabled.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/213631-dual-monitor-intregrated-intel-card-nvidia-8500gt.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Even though the 14 inch laptop panel supports 1600x900 (Dell part number MJ154) the max resolution i can pick is 1366 x 768. No higher options are shown

Am running Windows 10 64 bit and i tried some 2015 drivers from Karl Sabo but no joy. I realise that Dell dont officially support this old laptop, but it works fine in all other respects.

I also tried downloading an Intel driver utility but it scanned the laptop and said there were no suitable drivers

I noticed in Device Manager that the laptop screen is detected as "Generic PnP monitor". Could that be why its limiting the res, as it doesnt know what the panel is capable of ?

Interested to know if anyone has their 6420 running higher resolutions....thanks

A:Latitude E6420 - Intel HD Graphics 3000 & Nvidia - Max resolution low

There seems to be alot of people have resolution issues at the moment with intel graphics and windows 10 it seems to be a driver issue. Can you create a custom resolution via your gpu control panel and force 1600 x 900? If this doesnt work you should get in touch with Lenovo they may have a fix , or you may just have to wait for intel to catch up

http://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/37339-latitude-e6420-intel-hd-graphics-3000-nvidia-max-resolution-low.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi,

I've a new SAMSUNG laptop (Intel core i5 processor) running Win 7.

Device Manager shows that exist a (core i5) integrated graphic card (Intel HD graphics family) and a NVIDIA GT 520MX card.

It shows the laptop monitor (Generic PnP monitor) managed by Intel HD graphics family and not by NVIDIA GT 520MX...I tried to connect an external LCD monitor and same behaviour (also the new attached monitor is shown under Intel HD graphic...)

It seems NVIDIA card is not used at all....Why ?

Thanks.

A:Monitor managed by integrated Intel HD graphic and not by NVIDIA card

Welcome to the Seven Forums

That is normal with a laptop that has integrated graphics and a nvidia card, the nvidia card will kick in when it is needed.

Jerry

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/271094-monitor-managed-integrated-intel-hd-graphic-not-nvidia-card.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello everyone,
I just bought new laptop for gaming but i found that my laptop reads the graphic card of intel family not nvidia and i don't know why...

I tried to disable it from the device manager but nothing happen and when i check it again it was unreadable too and it changed from Intel Graphic Family --> unknown device and the size from 1792MB --> 259MB

Laptop info:
Type: Dell [NOT TOUCH SCREEN]
RAM: 8GB
CPU: Core i7
GPU: Nvidia GeForce 840M
HD: 1TB

also it run many new games like Far Cry 4, alien isolation in high performance but i need to know if i can make it better...

Thank you guys for your time.

A:My windows only reads Intel Graphic Card Family instead of nvidia 840M

Hi Welcome to Seven Forums ... Looks as if you have switchable Graphics ...

As you have Disabled the Intel GPU ... You will need to Re-Install the Driver ..
To achieve this go to the Dell Website and Download the Driver ...

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/359622-my-windows-only-reads-intel-graphic-card-family-instead-nvidia-840m.html
Relevancy 48.16%

So, on a DDR3 board, you can use DDR2 ram in it, to upgrade later, correct?

A:NVIDIA nForce 790i Ultra SLI DDR3 ATX Intel MoBo question?

mayby but i think i read something about DDR1 and DDR2 have diff key so that they will not fit in the same slot to prevent using the wrong ram in a MB. I will have to look into the DDR2 in a DDR3 board.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/nvidia-nforce-790i-ultra-sli-ddr3-atx-intel-mobo-question.720722/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi nbsp Initially I had problem only with NVidia driver on Windows It didn't work with code message I tried GeForce code Intel 840M Graphics 4600 p... NVidia driver 43, HD to NVidia GeForce 840M code 43, Intel HD Graphics 4600 driver p... reinstall driver several times but without success After upgrading Windows on th of November I faced another problem - driver for integrated graphic chip didn't not work too NVidia GeForce 840M code 43, Intel HD Graphics 4600 driver p... Furthermore this driver is not installed even After try to install it OS didn't nbsp not start at all and showed only black screen I had to enter to safe mode and delete this driver to have working OS working without all video drivers Eventually I had to revert upgrade and currently nbsp I have only integrated video chip only again nbsp My questions is how to solve problems with drivers Is it only my personal problem or problem of drivers for my model of Notebook When I had got Windows upgrade at the beginning of August I thought it was a temporary problem with drivers and it would be fixed But it does not seem so now after months waiting

A:NVidia GeForce 840M code 43, Intel HD Graphics 4600 driver p...

Hi @hdimon?,Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community!I came across your post about the Notebook, and wanted to assist you! I have looked into your issue about your HP ENVY 17-j152nr Notebook and a code 43 while using  NVidia GeForce 840M. You could try. In the Device Manager, click the arrow next to Display Adaptors to expand that categoryRight-click on Graphics and select Update Driver Software if more than 1 Graphics adapter do 1 at a time.Choose the option to Search Automatically for Updated Driver Software.The Notebook should find and automatically install the updated driverAfter the installation is complete, restart your Notebook.Here is a link to your drivers page. There is a listing for the drivers and Windows 10 and you might have to download the drivers and then install the new one.Please let me know how this goes.You can say thanks for trying to help by clicking the Thumbs Up below!.Thanks.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/NVidia-GeForce-840M-code-43-Intel-HD-Graphics-4600-driver/td-p/5362662
Relevancy 48.16%

Since I got my new laptop I've had an intermittent problem where the screen would card? to 4600 Intel switch causing HD Nvidia I problems, graphics can go completely blank for Intel HD 4600 graphics causing problems, can I switch to Nvidia card? about - seconds before coming back on At times when the screen comes back on the Aero theme would be switched off and the basic theme would be running without any of my settings changing I actually made a previous post about this issue Screen flashes on and off theme switches from Aero to Basic So I figured I had a problem with my Nvidia card I uninstalled the Nvidia drivers using driver sweeper and re-installed them but the problem persisted Now that my computer is toward the end of its warranty I've been looking into this problem more deeply because I wanted to get it fixed under warranty IF it was a hardware problem As it turns out however the integrated graphics on the processor are running the display so I figure now that the problem is the Intel integrated graphics So my question is in hopes of eliminating this problem once and for all is there anyway I can switch all of the computer's graphics settings over the Nvidia chip I've heard of people trying this and messing up by turning the Intel graphics off before switching to their graphics card and not being able to get their display to work at all so I definitely want to do it right Here are my system specs if necessary Thanks for your help

A:Intel HD 4600 graphics causing problems, can I switch to Nvidia card?

Hi .... What is the exact Model Number of your Laptop ? ....

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/364178-intel-hd-4600-graphics-causing-problems-can-i-switch-nvidia-card.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi I have Dell Inspiron series model laptop Recently i have upgraded to Windows from Windows I have also used driver amp download web page on Dell portal to nbsp download amp install latest drivers for Windows -bit OS including BIOS But the issue is i m unable to HD Adapter to How Geforce Graphic to 920M Intel from Nvidia Switch 5500 display view quot Nvidia How to Switch display Adapter from Intel HD Graphic 5500 to Nvidia Geforce 920M Geforce M display adapter quot under desktop-- gt display settings-- How to Switch display Adapter from Intel HD Graphic 5500 to Nvidia Geforce 920M gt Display-- gt advanced display settings and it shows quot Intel HD Graphic quot I have checked Device Manager -- gt Display Adapters and i can see both Nvidia GeForce M amp Intel HD Graphics Also under Nvidia Control Panel -- gt Manage D settings -- gt global settings is set to quot High performance Nvidia Process quot Please advice how do i change settings under nbsp desktop-- gt display settings-- gt Display-- gt advanced display settings to use quot Nvidia GeForce M quot instead of nbsp quot Intel HD Graphic quot Nvidia GeForce M driver Please advice nbsp Regards Prashant

A:How to Switch display Adapter from Intel HD Graphic 5500 to Nvidia Geforce 920M

I'm having the same problem.
Is there any way we could switch to Nvidia graphics processor?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19664003
Relevancy 47.73%

All right so I definitely need some help from the pros. I'm not a very big gamer, the only 3-D game I play is the Sims 2. I am having a laptop built for me with a Intel Pentium M 760 (2 GHz) processor and I need to choose between the standard Intel Extreme Graphics video card or the more expensive Nvidia PCI Express 6600 video card with 128 MB Video Memory. Which do you think would be better and more worth the money for my purposes?

Thanks so much!

-Molly Kay

A:Nvidia 6600 or standard Intel Extreme Graphics video card for my new laptop?

hey

the 6600 is WAAYYY better ...but depends .for e.g if you dont play games at all than y spend money hmm

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-6600-or-standard-intel-extreme-graphics-video-card-for-my-new-laptop.29565/
Relevancy 47.3%

I have a Dell XPS 15-9550 with 512Gb SSD, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M, and Intel 530. The SSD is encrypted using Bitlocker. I use it with an external monitor Dell U3415W. I’ve had intermittent problems with internal display blackout since day 1. I’ve had to force power down (10 seconds on power button) dozens of times. Sometimes it takes 2 or 3 cycles to come back.

As of a couple of days ago it appears the internal display has completely stopped working. There is back light but no image and no mouse. How do I recover this display?
Dell XPS 15-9550

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19992612
Relevancy 46.87%

I need to know if one is better then the other, and if so, how much better?

A:Compare Onboard Nvidia GeForce 6150 Video Adapter to intel 945GM express Chipset

The nVidia has slightly better control of images, but the Intel is significantly more reliable and has an expected longer life.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/compare-onboard-nvidia-geforce-6150-video-adapter-to-intel-945gm-express-chipset.108954/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi,
I have a Dell XPS L502x, which I bought late 2012. Recently the hard drive became corrupt so I've replaced it and installed Windows 7 on the new hard drive. I've just downloaded and ran the software to detect which drivers I need to install and have downloaded and installed all of them with the exception of the nvidia graphics driver which says I need to install an Intel driver first. I've searched the Dell site but I can't find the Intel driver I need.
Please can you point me to the Intel driver that I need to install?
Cheers,
Mike

A:nvidia graphics driver you must install intel driver first

Hi mike,
Please download and install the Intel video card driver from the link below.
http://dell.to/1CYjFa6
Please let me know if this helps.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19642190
Relevancy 43%

Are there any known compatibility issues between the Intel 865 chipset and nVidia-based video cards?

The reason I ask is that after a year or more of running this system, suddenly no AGP video card I put into this system will work unless it's in plain VGA mode (no drivers). As soon as I load its proper driver, the system won't go back into Windows 98 or Windows 2000 (dual-boot system). It just hangs with a lot of gobbeldegook on the screen.

All the AGP cards I have here are nVidia-based cards so I have no other type card to test with.

At present, I'm using an old S3 PCI video card and at least it gets into Windows; but, I'm stumped.

Gigabyte GA-8IPE1000 board
512 RAM
P4 3000 processor

A:Intel 865 Chipset and nVidia chipset issues?

Alex, I built quite a few systems with Intel D865PERL boards (865PE chipset) and nVidia video cards and never had a problem. My workbench machine right now is running a D865PERL board with a nVidia card with no problems.

Intel released a new chipset driver on 6/04/2007, version 8.3.0.1013 which covered the 865 family, eg. 865G, 865GV, 865P and 865PE.

http://www.intel.com/support/chipsets/sb/CS-009241.htm

http://downloadcenter.intel.com/fil...rating+Systems&lang=eng&strOSs=All&submit=Go!

In the release notes under Issues Resolved, item #4 stated; "Some devices were not updating correctly or at all. Fixed in installer."

http://downloadmirror.intel.com/13499/ENG/relnotes.htm

You may want to try that update. The only problem I see with the update is since you are dual booting, the latest update is OK with Win2K, however Win98 is not mentioned in All Operating Systems. To get back to an 865 chipset driver that covered both Win2K and Win98SE you had to go back to the release of 12/16/2004, version 6.3.0.1007 that covered both Win2K and Win98SE.

Other than updating the chipset driver, I am at a loss to suggest a place to start.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/intel-865-chipset-and-nvidia-chipset-issues.591920/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hello I have been expiriencing problems with my computer which are as follows I do my thing on the computer surf play etc and suddently my screen goes black It has been doing this for about a week now and I received my new nVidia BSOD) without Windows (BSOD crash SSDs recently so I popped them in put them in RAID- and reinstalled windows hoping that Windows crash (BSOD without BSOD) nVidia a complete reinstall would fix it But it didnt I updated my graphics card driver and analyzed the minidumps this BSOD created Analysis Code Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version AMD Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved Loading Dump File C Users Akke Desktop - - dmp Mini Kernel Dump File Only registers and stack trace are available Symbol search path is SRV G SymCache http msdl microsoft com download symbols Executable search path is Windows Kernel Version MP procs Free x Product WinNt suite TerminalServer SingleUserTS Built by amd fre win rtm - Machine Name Kernel base xfffff Windows crash (BSOD without BSOD) nVidia e d PsLoadedModuleList xfffff ae Debug session time Tue Aug UTC System Uptime days Loading Kernel Symbols Loading User Symbols Loading unloaded module list Bugcheck Analysis Use analyze -v to get detailed Windows crash (BSOD without BSOD) nVidia debugging information BugCheck fffffa a e fffff ffa ffffffffc a Unable to load image SystemRoot system DRIVERS nvlddmkm sys Win error n WARNING Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm sys ERROR Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm sys Probably caused by nvlddmkm sys nvlddmkm fefa Followup MachineOwner --------- kd gt analyze -v Bugcheck Analysis VIDEO TDR FAILURE Attempt to reset the display driver and recover from timeout failed Arguments Arg fffffa a e Optional pointer to internal TDR recovery context TDR RECOVERY CONTEXT Arg fffff ffa The pointer into responsible device driver module e g owner tag Arg ffffffffc a Optional error code NTSTATUS of the last failed operation Arg Optional internal context dependent data Debugging Details ------------------ FAULTING IP nvlddmkm fefa fffff ffa ec sub rsp h DEFAULT BUCKET ID GRAPHICS DRIVER TDR FAULT CUSTOMER CRASH COUNT BUGCHECK STR x PROCESS NAME System CURRENT IRQL STACK TEXT fffff ca b fffff cf cbc fffffa a e fffff ffa ffffffff c a nt KeBugCheckEx fffff ca b fffff cca fffff ffa fffffa a ffffffff c a dxgkrnl TdrBugcheckOnTimeout xec fffff ca b fffff cf acb fffffa ffffd b ffffffff fffe fffffa a e dxgkrnl DXGADAPTER Reset x a fffff ca c fffff dc ec fffffa a b c fffffa fff dxgkrnl TdrResetFromTimeout x fffff ca cc fffff c fffffa c b fffffa b fffffa c b dxgmms VidSchiWorkerThread x fffff ca d fffff e d fffff e fffffa c b fffff c nt PspSystemThreadStartup x a fffff ca d nt KxStartSystemThread x STACK COMMAND bugcheck kb FOLLOWUP IP nvlddmkm fefa fffff ffa ec sub rsp h SYMBOL NAME nvlddmkm fefa FOLLOWUP NAME MachineOwner MODULE NAME nvlddmkm IMAGE NAME nvlddmkm sys DEBUG FLR IMAGE TIMESTAMP e FAILURE BUCKET ID X x IMAGE nvlddmkm sys BUCKET ID X x IMAGE nvlddmkm sys Followup MachineOwner --------- So its most probably caused by my graphics card driver which is the most recent It did the same thing with older drivers --SYSTEM INFO-- Attachment contains prefmon analysis and some dumps - x -bit or x --x -- - the original installed OS on the system --Custom built PC-- I assembled it myself - an OEM or full retail version --FULL RETAIL WIN ULT FIN x - What is the age of system hardware -- months-- - What is the age of OS installation have you re-installed the OS -- day-- It's an i build with the nVidia GTX Corsair RAM gb Power supply is W Any help is welcome

A:Windows crash (BSOD without BSOD) nVidia

Have you tried a different video card? The bug check you received is usually a sign of a bad video card. It could also be overheating, power supply, or motherboard related.

STOP 0x116: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR troubleshooting

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/181715-windows-crash-bsod-without-bsod-nvidia.html
Relevancy 40.85%

I have been getting a BSOD anytime i do anything that uses my nvidia m in my ASUS x s running windows - bit and has an intel i - QM with gb of ram that i just got I have updated all drivers and windows uninstalled the nvidia drivers and tried BSOD Nvidia from GPU? multiple versions BSOD from Nvidia GPU? of the nvidia drivers and i still get a BSOD Also i tried a method i read on another forum thread to uninstall all antivirus malware protection software and replace it with microsoft security essentials and this did not work This BSOD from Nvidia GPU? is what it says after windows restarts Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode BCP FFFFFA D BCP FFFFF F D A BCP BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users David AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml Read our BSOD from Nvidia GPU? privacy statement online Windows Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows If the online privacy statement is not available please read our privacy statement offline C Windows system en-US erofflps txt Can someone please help

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-from-nvidia-gpu-663493.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Ok so here is the issue in detail I just got a graphics card for my birthday a few weeks ago I got an MSI Nvidia GTX M D GD OC Factory overclocked card I was upgrading from an Nvidia GT MB card I did a clean install of all of the drivers for When MSI BSOD using new GTX Nvidia 460 my graphics card removed all of them rebooted into safe mode installed the new drivers rebooted and moved on Not too long after getting up and running I had a black screen then the message saying the driver stopped responding but that it recovered Not long after that I ended up with a blue screen crash I thought ok weird maybe it's the drivers I then went to the Nvidia website and got the newest BSOD When using new MSI Nvidia 460 GTX drivers and did another clean install That seemed to do the trick But a couple days later another blue screen appeared with a different message I tried every driver that I could find that claimed to be stable At this point I decided I would check to see if somehow my computer was at fault I switched back to my old graphics card and it runs like a dream so far No blue screens no hang ups no sign of any trouble It appears to be something with the driver as far as I can tell but I'm no computer expert I'm handy with a computer but this part is a bit beyond me At one point I went so far as to BSOD When using new MSI Nvidia 460 GTX completely format my HDD and re-install windows to see if BSOD When using new MSI Nvidia 460 GTX maybe there was some sort of old driver left behind Didn't solve it The blue screens come at random and I get a full out array of different crashes So far I've had PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA UNEXPECTED KERNEL MODE TRAP SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION BCC x SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED BCC x I attached a zip file containing the dump files from the crashes

A:BSOD When using new MSI Nvidia 460 GTX

I forgot the jcgriff thing so here it is.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/240861-bsod-when-using-new-msi-nvidia-460-gtx.html
Relevancy 40.85%

So recently I've been GPU When Nvidia Using BSOD getting BSOD ever so often that it's been bugging me pretty badly BSOD When Using Nvidia GPU It could happen randomly when I'm browsing the web or I can make it happen myself by launching some games with the Nvidia GPU My touchpad would always stop working before it crashes for about a minute However there are BSOD When Using Nvidia GPU many games that I CAN run perfectly fine with the Nvidia GPU The two games that I'm sure always cause the BSOD are The Witcher and TERA Online I've got into the habit of shutting down the laptop with the power button before it crashes because I can anticipate it happens when the touchpad becomes unresponsive There are also some other problems with this laptop that I feel I have to address as they may be related My wireless signal randomly drops to one bar and just stops working causing Google Chrome to just freeze randomly for about a minute or until I restart the wireless adapter for the signal to come back It does not disconnect nor does it say that the connection is limited It just simply drops down to a signal just can't load anything About a week after I purchased the laptop I got a BSOD that made me unable to boot into the laptop I forgot the details but I think I remember it being related to the hard disk I had to reset the laptop using Dell's recovery software to get it to work again before I made a fresh install of windows The address of the error based on the dmp files is ntoskrnl exe fc I have a geek squad membership as well as a warranty available so if this thing is unsolvable with moderate computer understanding I can follow instructions just tell me System specs OS Windows Model Dell Inspiron GPU Nvidia GeForce m CPU Intel i - u Here is the SF Debug file Attachment

Relevancy 40.85%

I run Flight Simulatoer X with Acceleration. I just recently purchased the Nvidia 9500GT 1gb video card. I am now experiencing video issues. I updated drivers to 258.96. It did not help. FSX would freeze after awhile and my desktop screen had a lot of different color dots. I installed driver 197.45 and FSX froze after awhile. Ran it again and got bsod. Files attached

Bill Morton

A:Nvidia BSOD with FSX

Both dumps point to STOP 0x116, please read here:

STOP 0x116: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR troubleshooting
092610-18033-01.dmp, 092010-18579-01.dmp
VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (116)
Attempt to reset the display driver and recover from timeout failed
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: GRAPHICS_DRIVER_TDR_FAULT
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x116
Stack: nt!, dxgmms1!, dxgkrnl!
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x116_IMAGE_nvlddmkm.sys
You have these old drivers related to virtual private networking, but they are hardly related to your bsod:

nvcwfpco.sys Thu Dec 04 18:08:32 2008
ntnvca.sys Thu Dec 04 18:08:39 2008

Code:

Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.11.0001.404 AMD64
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Loading Dump File [F:\a\Minidump\092010-18579-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

Symbol search path is: SRV*c:\websymbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7600 MP (4 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS Personal
Built by: 7600.16617.amd64fre.win7_gdr.100618-1621
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`02e15000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`03052e50
Debug session time: Tue Sep 21 03:25:33.192 2010 (GMT+3)
System Uptime: 0 days 2:45:47.706
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 116, {fffffa8009195390, fffff8800ff55cf8, 0, 2}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+119cf8 )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

1: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (116)
Attempt to reset the display driver and recover from timeout failed.
Arguments:
Arg1: fffffa8009195390, Optional pointer to internal TDR recovery context (TDR_RECOVERY_CONTEXT).
Arg2: fffff8800ff55cf8, The pointer into responsible device driver module (e.g. owner tag).
Arg3: 0000000000000000, Optional error code (NTSTATUS) of the last failed operation.
Arg4: 0000000000000002, Optional internal context dependent data.

Debugging Details:
------------------
FAULTING_IP:
nvlddmkm+119cf8
fffff880`0ff55cf8 4883ec28 sub rsp,28h

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: GRAPHICS_DRIVER_TDR_FAULT

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x116

CURRENT_IRQL: 0

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`02e9b9c8 fffff880`10b2cef8 : 00000000`00000116 fffffa80`09195390 fffff880`0ff55cf8 00000000`00000000 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`02e9b9d0 fffff880`10b2cc02 : fffff880`0ff55cf8 fffffa80`09195390 fffffa80`09275c00 fffffa80`0925d010 : dxgkrnl!TdrBugcheckOnTimeout+0xec
fffff880`02e9ba10 fffff880`03eadf07 : fffffa80`09195390 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`09275c00 fffffa80`0925d010 : dxgkrnl!TdrIsRecoveryRequired+0x1a2
fffff880`02e9ba40 fffff880`03ed7b75 : 00000000`ffffffff 00000000`0009ba13 000000... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/114074-nvidia-bsod-fsx.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Ever since I enabled Intel SRT (SSD caching), I have been getting blue screens in ntoskrnl and ntfs. When the system reboots, my SSD cache is still there but iaStor (the mgmt console) says that the platter it was caching for is missing (which is impossible since that platter houses my OS). Any help would be greatly appreciated.

? OS - Win7
? x64
? What was original installed OS on system: Win7 x64
? Is the OS an OEM version (came pre-installed on system) or full retail version (YOU purchased it from retailer)?: Full Retail
? Age of system (hardware): 7 mos
? Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS? Yes, in September I reinstalled and moved my drives to RAID 0 to support Intel SRT

? CPU - Intel 2600K
? Video Card - GTX 460Ti
? MotherBoard - Gigabyte z68x-ud3h-b3
? Power Supply - OCX 600W

? System Manufacturer: Me

A:BSOD with Intel SRT

I have been reading up on rather similar if not identical situations to yours and those that discovered the resolution found that you have to enable SRT before you install the OS on the drive.

Here's an example thread: link

This seems rather similar to what you described here .

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-with-intel-srt-629590.html
Relevancy 40.85%

I have a problem my computer gave me this code On Wed 4/20/2011 4:35:00 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\042011-9672-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: win32k.sys (win32k+0xCA387)
Bugcheck code: 0x7F (0x8, 0x80050031, 0x6F8, 0xFFFFF9600013A387)
Error: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP
file path: C:\Windows\system32\win32k.sys
product: Microsoft? Windows? Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: Multi-User Win32 Driver
Bug check description: This bug check indicates that the Intel CPU generated a trap and the kernel failed to catch this trap.
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system which cannot be identified at this time

But I have a AMD cpu what is going on

A:Bsod with intel cpu but I have AMD

Quote: Originally Posted by Bradford1040

I have a problem my computer gave me this code On Wed 4/20/2011 4:35:00 PM GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\042011-9672-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: win32k.sys (win32k+0xCA387)
Bugcheck code: 0x7F (0x8, 0x80050031, 0x6F8, 0xFFFFF9600013A387)
Error: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP
file path: C:\Windows\system32\win32k.sys
product: Microsoft? Windows? Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: Multi-User Win32 Driver
Bug check description: This bug check indicates that the Intel CPU generated a trap and the kernel failed to catch this trap.
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system which cannot be identified at this time

But I have a AMD cpu what is going on

We really need the actual DMP files

To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.

The procedure:

* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.

To ensure minidumps are enabled:

Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
OK your way out.
Reboot if changes have been made.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/158276-bsod-intel-cpu-but-i-have-amd.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi,

Newbie here, and PC novice so please be gentle.

The spec of the new PC is as folows:

HP Elite 340uk
Intel i3 550 (3.07GHz)
nVidia GT320 (1GB)
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit - OEM (original)

I have attached the BSOD troubleshooting siles you recommend (I think).
Seems like the RAM, NVIDIA or HD would be the most likely candidates, but I don't know.

Have tried to run MS memory test, but it sometimes crashes?

Hope someone can help.

Many thanks.
Jason

A:Bsod - hp hpe / nvidia gt320

Your McAfee software was involved, uninstall it and use MSE

Update your Nvidia Drivers, install only the Driver & PhysX, uncheck all other components.
http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7-wi...ql-driver.html

Run Prime 95 to test your CPU. Carefully the instructions in this tutorial: CPU - Stress Test with Prime95. Run 3 separate tests, one on each of the settings (Blend, Small FFTs, Large FFTs). Post back with your results.
Note that this test may overheat the CPU, ensure proper cooling.

Test your RAM, RAM - Test with Memtest86+
Post back with your results.

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (1e)
This is a very common bugcheck. Usually the exception address pinpoints
the driver/function that caused the problem. Always note this address
as well as the link date of the driver/image that contains this address.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000000, The exception code that was not handled
Arg2: 0000000000000000, The address that the exception occurred at
Arg3: 0000000000000000, Parameter 0 of the exception
Arg4: 0000000000000000, Parameter 1 of the exception

Debugging Details:
------------------
EXCEPTION_CODE: (Win32) 0 (0) - The operation completed successfully.

FAULTING_IP:
+0
00000000`00000000 ?? ???

EXCEPTION_PARAMETER1: 0000000000000000

EXCEPTION_PARAMETER2: 0000000000000000

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x1E

CURRENT_IRQL: 0

EXCEPTION_RECORD: fffff8800311ba58 -- (.exr 0xfffff8800311ba58)
ExceptionAddress: fffff88001002c53 (intelppm+0x0000000000002c53)
ExceptionCode: c0000005 (Access violation)
ExceptionFlags: 00000000
NumberParameters: 2
Parameter[0]: 0000000000000000
Parameter[1]: ffffffffffffffff
Attempt to read from address ffffffffffffffff

TRAP_FRAME: fffff8800311bb00 -- (.trap 0xfffff8800311bb00)
NOTE: The trap frame does not contain all registers.
Some register values may be zeroed or incorrect.
rax=effffa80046c4000 rbx=0000000000000000 rcx=0000000000000000
rdx=0000000000000000 rsi=0000000000000000 rdi=0000000000000000
rip=fffff88001002c53 rsp=fffff8800311bc98 rbp=0000000000000000
r8=fffffa8006cff320 r9=0000000023a12f20 r10=000000000000ab3b
r11=0000000000000063 r12=0000000000000000 r13=0000000000000000
r14=0000000000000000 r15=0000000000000000
iopl=0 nv up di pl zr na po nc
intelppm+0x2c53:
fffff880`01002c53 ?? ???
Resetting default scope

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from fffff80002e72d6e to fffff80002e7b010

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`0311ab48 fffff800`02e72d6e : 00000000`00000000 fffff880`10241d9a fffff880`0311b2c0 fffff800`02ea79a8 : nt!KeBugCheck
fffff880`0311ab50 fffff800`02ea075d : fffff800`03088e70 fffff800`02fc6ff4 fffff800`02e0b000 fffff880`0311ba58 : nt!KiKernelCalloutExceptionHandler+0xe
fffff880`0311ab80 fffff800`02ea7dd0 : fffff800`02fc9a64 fffff880`0311abf8 fffff880`0311ba58 fffff800`02e0b000 : nt!RtlpExecuteHandlerForException+0xd
fffff880`0311abb0 fffff800`02eb4dff : fffff880`0311ba58 fffff880`0311b2c0 fffff880`00000000 00000000`00000001 : nt!RtlDispatchException+0x410
fffff880`0311b290 fffff800`02e7a682 : fffff880`0311ba58 00000000`00000002 fffff880`0311bb00 fffff880`009f0180 : nt!KiDispatchException+0x16f
fffff880`0311b920 fffff800`02e78f8a : fffff880`100b7978 fffffa80`06f7e000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiExceptionDispatch+0xc2
fffff880`0311bb00 fffff880`01002c53 : fffff800`02e88aba 00000000`002d95ec fffffa80`046c6dd8 fffff880`009f0180 : nt!KiGeneralProtectionFault+0x10a
fffff880`0311bc98 fffff800`02e88aba : 00000000`002d95ec fffffa80`046c6dd8 fffff880`009... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/235101-bsod-hp-hpe-nvidia-gt320.html
Relevancy 40.42%

I searched the forum for "nvlddmkm.sys" and got 197 results and yet no fix.
My setup is:
Windows 7 Pro 64-bit
ASUS EN9800GX2
8GB DDR2

This seem to be a 64-bit problem combined with ****ty drivers a la nvidia.
I never had this problem before and now my computer is BSOD like crazy. I have tried every single driver from nvidia compatible with my card and I get the same thing with everyone of them.

It kinda annoying when you spent money on a high-end card and you can't even get into windows because the computer keeps blue screening at launch.

The machine is about 1 years old.

Anyone got anything?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/win-7-64-nvidia-nvlddmkm-sys-bsod.891417/
Relevancy 40.42%

Along with many other members here I have been experiencing frequent blue screens I made my computer over a year ago and originally I had an ATI graphics card and a watt PSU I decided to upgrade and installed an EVGA GeForce Ultra and an Antec Truepower Trio watt PSU After this hardware was installed I reformatted and installed Vista anew Since then my computer experience has vastly worsened I cannot d video games like Eve Online TES Oblivion or Pirates of the Burning Seas for more than a few hours without my computer either rebooting itself without warning giving me a BSOD or the game flickering and stuttering until I hit ctrl alt del and go back to desktop where I see a message that says 'driver had a problem but we've fixed it ' only if I go back to the game the computer crashes The BSODs I have been getting say IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL or + Vista BSOD? nVidia = PAGE FAULT IN UNPAGED AREA Once it does reboot further problems are sure to occur with rapidly Vista + nVidia = BSOD? decreasing time between each incident I don't know what to do and I would really appreciate any help as I am at my wit's end I have tried or done Reformatting again to see if the problem would stop occurring It didn't Installed nVidia's latest driver for Vista + nVidia = BSOD? my graphics card Also I've tried uninstalling the current driver in safe mode and installing a previous version of the driver but I still got BSODed I've since gone back to the latest driver Run a RAM memory test memtest and passed it twice Run a chkdsk Unfortunately it had more hours to go and it was my bedtime Vista + nVidia = BSOD? so I decided to let it run while I slept I awoke to a BSOD so I don't know what its results were Cleaned out the inside of my computer with compressed air Checked the internal temperature by both installing temperature monitoring software and using a laser thermometer on the internal components Both results have led me to believe that temperature is not an issue Downloaded and installed all Vista updates including SP Downloaded and run Everest Home Edition The htm version of the report can be downloaded here or optionally I've attached the txt version to this post I can and will provide any additional information or data that is required as I am very eager to be rid of this vexing problem I appreciate any and all help advice and thanks in advance for your time

A:Vista + nVidia = BSOD?

had a similar problem such as yours, either your computer is overheating (but you say its not) or you got some crappy drivers.

Try this driver: nVIDIA ForceWare X 177.73 for Windows Vista 32bit Direct link is: Here

Once you download it and extract the contents, you will find the following zip file "original_inf(s).zip" extract the contents into the main directory. Run the setup.exe file. Goodluck.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/vista-nvidia-bsod-282653.html
Relevancy 40.42%

for the pass 2 weeks i can't use my nvidia card because everytime i update it , it gives me BSOD after like 2 mins installed when the blue screen happens the nvidia card isn't working any more it is grayed out on device manager saying Currently, this hardware device is not connected to the computer. (Code 45)To fix this problem, reconnect this hardware device to the computer.
BSOD file  1drv.ms/.../s!AgURNKzXPZY2gllrumub4EL88QKx

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19987778
Relevancy 40.42%

Windows 7 64 bit
Full retail version
Over 1 year

Intel Core i5 3570k (not overclocked)
MSI Geforce GTX 660 2GB Twin Frozr (overclocked)
Asus P8Z77-V LK
SeaSonic M12II 620 Bronze 620W ATX12V V2.3

Desktop

*The GPU is currently overclocked but the problem still occurred when it wasn't.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/nvidia-driver-bsod-834874.html