Windows Support Forum

BSOD running prime95 "Blend" torture test, error 0x00000124 (Win7 x64)

Q: BSOD running prime95 "Blend" torture test, error 0x00000124 (Win7 x64)

Hi everyone I just finished my first computer build in years last night my previous one being an Intel Q first-gen quad-core build installed Windows Ultimate x installed all of my core motherboard drivers via Gigabyte's website updated my BIOS from version F to F and installed prime CPU-Z and hwinfo Please note that I installed nothing in addition to error prime95 "Blend" 0x00000124 x64) torture test, (Win7 running BSOD the aforementioned software not even Windows updates I then started a prime quot Blend quot torture test last night BSOD running prime95 "Blend" torture test, error 0x00000124 (Win7 x64) at around PM I periodically checked on the machine every couple hours until I went to bed around AM I then checked on it at AM before I headed off to work and it seemed fine at the hour mark of the torture test When I got home this evening the machine was sitting at a logon prompt and after logging in the machine BSOD running prime95 "Blend" torture test, error 0x00000124 (Win7 x64) told me that Windows had recovered from a serious error around AM the hour mark of the torture test I then checked out the Event Viewer - gt System Log and found a x BugCheck Additional Hardware Info CPU Cooler Noctua NH-U S with a second added Noctua mm fan at the back Case Fractal Design Define R with mm Fractal Design fans Add-in Cards None for the sake of stress testing Just for the heck of it I've decided to bring Windows completely up-to-date via Microsoft Update praying that my issue can be resolved with a Hot Fix Any help is greatly appreciated on this as I'm incredibly concerned I've managed to damage something Please let me know if any additional information is needed Thanks -Snipe

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: BSOD running prime95 "Blend" torture test, error 0x00000124 (Win7 x64)

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: BSOD running prime95 "Blend" torture test, error 0x00000124 (Win7 x64)

Your CPU may be overheating:

Quote:
Event[1179]:
Log Name: System
Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power
Date: 2013-08-16T11:14:44.132
Event ID: 89
Task: N/A
Level: Information
Opcode: Info
Keyword: N/A
User: S-1-5-18
User Name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
Computer: 4770k
Description:
ACPI thermal zone ACPI\ThermalZone\TZ01 has been enumerated.
_PSV = 381K
_TC1 = 1
_TC2 = 5
_TSP = 1000ms
_AC0 = 0K
_AC1 = 0K
_AC2 = 0K
_AC3 = 0K
_AC4 = 0K
_AC5 = 0K
_AC6 = 0K
_AC7 = 0K
_AC8 = 0K
_AC9 = 0K
_CRT = 378K
_HOT = 0K
_PSL - see event data.

That was logged in the Event Viewer and correspond to the time of the bugcheck.Download Speccy and post a screenshot.
One while idle.
Second while under intensive load.
Side Note:
You shouldn't use Prime95 to test a Haswell chip.
The instruction set is not updated to the newer architecture
I recommend using other tools.
Aida64 is not freeware but very much recommended.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/301465-bsod-running-prime95-blend-torture-test-error-0x00000124-win7-x64.html
Relevancy 91.45%

I remember about two months ago I was doing stress testing just to test the stability of my computer. Whenever I did a test that tested a lot of RAM, the test would fail within minutes and it would say "Execution Halted.."

Just recently I did an RMA with kingston and they sent me 2 brand new sticks of RAM which I installed. I just now got around to testing again but the test still fails within minutes - I am stumped.

Is it possible my memory controller / motherboard is bad? The RAM is brand new.

A:prime95 stress test/torture test failing within minutes even after installing new RAM

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/prime95-stress-test-torture-test-failing-within-minutes-even-after-installing-new-ram.721447/
Relevancy 89.28%

Just upgraded my CPU from a phenom to FX and when i run prime I get BSOD with error x in less then minutes I cleared CMOS before putting in new CPU updated bios Fresh windows install and updated all drivers Once that was done I just felt like running a stability test with no overclock and it BSOD Researched running with prime95 error BSOD caused 0x00000124 hal.dll error and did diagnostic run on hard drive and it BSOD running prime95 with error 0x00000124 caused hal.dll passed with Western Digital tool Ran Memtest for six passes and it passed with no errors I re-seated CPU tried again and same BSOD I took CPU back and exchanged for new one thinking it was BSOD running prime95 with error 0x00000124 caused hal.dll the CPU Got home put in the new exchanged CPU and still get BSOD I am lost Please Help Is it my motherboard I monitored temps when running prime and it never got over degrees Celsius before BSOD Cooling CPU with Corsair H i Gt I have attached the mini dump files Please help Also have a thermaltake W PSU

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/390209-bsod-running-prime95-error-0x00000124-caused-hal-dll.html
Relevancy 86.8%

My computer also locks up when playing Civilization 4, for the same reason it locks up during Prime95 blend test.(its actually only when FFTs are written out of place that it locks up)
So I tried disabling all the services I could, and also ending all the tasks I could and it still locks up, but in safe mode it completely fine.
What else can I do besides ending tasks and services?

A:Prime95 blend test locking up, but okay in safe mode

Did you use msconfig selective startup to disable services and clear up "load startup" items?

Does the system locks up if you choose the option "enable VGA mode" during boot up by pressing the F8 key?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/prime95-blend-test-locking-up-but-okay-in-safe-mode.672097/
Relevancy 108.79%

I was stressing my laptop using Prime95 v227 then it just automatically restarted. I also attach my result. Would anyone please take a look at it and explain it to me? What should I do next to pass this test? Thank you so much

A:BSOD Torture Testing w/ Prime95 v227

Stop 0x124 is a hardware error

If you are overclocking try resetting your processor to standard settings and see if that helps.

If you continue to get BSOD's here are some things you may want to consider.

This is usually heat related, defective hardware, memory or even processor though it is"possible" that it is driver related (rare).

Quote:
Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try
Synopsis:

A "stop 0x124" is fundamentally different to many other types of bluescreens because it stems from a hardware complaint.

Stop 0x124 minidumps contain very little practical information, and it is therefore necessary to approach the problem as a case of hardware in an unknown state of distress.
Generic "Stop 0x124" Troubleshooting Strategy:

1) Ensure that none of the hardware components are overclocked. Hardware that is driven beyond its design specifications - by overclocking - can malfunction in unpredictable ways.
2) Ensure that the machine is adequately cooled.
If there is any doubt, open up the side of the PC case (be mindful of any relevant warranty conditions!) and point a mains fan squarely at the motherboard. That will rule out most (lack of) cooling issues.
3) Update all hardware-related drivers: video, sound, RAID (if any), NIC... anything that interacts with a piece of hardware.
It is good practice to run the latest drivers anyway.
4) Update the motherboard BIOS according to the manufacturer's instructions.
Their website should provide detailed instructions as to the brand and model-specific procedure.
5) Rarely, bugs in the OS may cause "false positive" 0x124 events where the hardware wasn't complaining but Windows thought otherwise (because of the bug).
At the time of writing, Windows 7 is not known to suffer from any such defects, but it is nevertheless important to always keep Windows itself updated.

6) Attempt to (stress) test those hardware components which can be put through their paces artificially.
The most obvious examples are the RAM and HDD(s).
For the RAM, use the in-built memory diagnostics (run MDSCHED) or the 3rd-party memtest86 utility to run many hours worth of testing.
For hard drives, check whether CHKDSK /R finds any problems on the drive(s), notably "bad sectors".
Unreliable RAM, in particular, is deadly as far as software is concerned, and anything other than a 100% clear memory test result is cause for concern. Unfortunately, even a 100% clear result from the diagnostics utilities does not guarantee that the RAM is free from defects - only that none were encountered during the test passes.

7) As the last of the non-invasive troubleshooting steps, perform a "vanilla" reinstallation of Windows: just the OS itself without any additional applications, games, utilities, updates, or new drivers - NOTHING AT ALL that is not sourced from the Windows 7 disc.
Should that fail to mitigate the 0x124 problem, jump to the next steps.
If you run the "vanilla" installation long enough to convince yourself that not a single 0x124 crash has occurred, start installing updates and applications slowly, always pausing between successive additions long enough to get a feel for whether the machine is still free from 0x124 crashes.
Should the crashing resume, obviously the very last software addition(s) may be somehow linked to the root cause.
If stop 0x124 errors persist despite the steps above, and the harware is under warranty, consider returning it and requesting a replacement which does not suffer periodic MCE events.
Be aware that attempting the subsequent harware troubleshooting steps may, in some cases, void your warranty:

8) Clean and carefully remove any dust from the inside of the machine.
Reseat all connectors and memory modules.
Use a can of compressed air to clean out the RAM DIMM sockets as much as possible.

9) If all else fails, start removing items of hardware one-by-one in the hope th... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/231172-bsod-torture-testing-w-prime95-v227.html
Relevancy 100.62%

Hello can someone here please kindly help me with my problems re Windows Update --- I have tried to run Windows Update on my computer and received the following error message Attachment I have tried the Windows Update Troubleshooter for Windows from quot Windows Update Error running" not Windows "Service is Win7 Update - Cannot Check For Win7 - Windows Update Error "Service is not running" Updates quot error message when you try to install updates and got this as a result Attachment showing that quot Problems installing recent updates quot is quot Not fixed quot and quot Check for missing or corrupt files quot is quot Detected quot while all the other problems are quot Fixed quot I have downloaded and tried to run the System Update Rediness Tool for quot All supported x -based versions of Windows quot and got the error message quot Installer encountered an error xc quot Attachment I have followed your posting instructions and performed and completed SFC scan Attachment and below is the CBS file from my computer Attachment It seems that my computer is missing Windows Service Pack but when I go to Service Pack Center - Microsoft Windows it reccommends automatic installation of SP with Windows Update - which I can't seem to get running on my computer It seems that you can also download from Microsoft site and manually install onto your computer but I am not sure if I should proceed to do that Any help and suggestions would be greatly appreciated

A:Win7 - Windows Update Error "Service is not running"

Farbar Service Scanner

Click here Farbar Service Scanner to DOWNLOAD

Place file into your desktop

Place a check mark next to the following options
Internet Services
Windows Firewall
System Restore
Security Center
Windows Update
Windows Defender
Press the Scan button

Farbar Service Scanner will create a log, called FSS.txt, on the Desktop. Upload the FSS.txt with your reply

Upload a File
Click on the Go Advanced button under the Message box . Scroll down to Additional Options then click on Manage Attachments in the Attach Files sections . Click the Browse button locate the file then click on the Open button . In the Upload File from your Computer section click on the Upload button . Wait until it finishes uploading then close the window . Then click Submit Reply .

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/296477-win7-windows-update-error-service-not-running.html
Relevancy 100.19%

Hello,
I can't reload Win 7 on this nice old Latitude E4200. 
Repair and reload from restore from restore point don't work, always bombs out with Win restore error detail "Bad Patch".  (There is no 'Dell' option in the repair/ diagnostic menu.)  So, I downloaded a boot image to USB port as instructed. 
On Win7 re-install from USB boot, Step 1 diagnostics and Step 2 backup worked cleanly, but wouldn't proceed to Step 3, with the following error: Samsung SSD PB22-JS3 FDE TM 128GB: "Cannot get Smart status".
Can anyone please enlighten me?
THANKS

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19994958
Relevancy 96.32%

I recently received a blue screen error stating "driver state power failure" 0x09f. ntoskrnl.exe error
This is the first time i've seen this screen although my memory dump files seem to tell another story.

Computer was a barebone comp from tigerdirect
Win 7 x64
8gb ram

not sure what else you need. Here is the link to the minidump files....

Thanks for any help I can get.

*edit* sorry for the single file zip. There should be two i will try n upload the second

A:BSOD error 0x09f "driver state power failure" Win7

second dump file..had to zip in order to not exceed size limit

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-error-0x09f-driver-state-power-failure-win7.172240/
Relevancy 94.17%

Hello Hope everybody is doing fine So after installing another GB stick of RAM and my trusted SSD it was time for a refresh on the WEI But before I get to that let me take you back a few days ago when I got myself a new laptop a Lenovo Z i - M GT M GB DDR L RAM mHZ TB Seagate SSHD with a GB SSD for caching and since I couldn't accept its performance I got down to business note to self MUST also update my system specs Step I installed another GB of RAM DDR from my previous laptop you can get it on my system specs as they are now running at v with no problems whatsoever Before doing this I had checked via the trusted HWiNFO that the pre-installed stick test get WEI Batch past "Direct3D can't running 10 Assessment" was a module of dual nominal voltage so I wouldn't fry the poor DDR L Ran WEI got a score on memory in fact I was kinda disappointed WEI can't get past running test "Direct3D 10 Batch Assessment" but anyways had no BSODs no freezes no nothing But the SSHD was just low the GB of caching were literally nowhere and that was the time I decided to go to Step and get myself a new clean install of Windows Ultimate x on a Samsung EVO SSD with EVERYTHING in order I had a few troubles finding the right driver for my wireless adapter though but I managed and decided to rerun the assessment To my great surprise the test can't get past the quot Direct D Batch Assessment quot gets stuck there for about minutes maybe more and then I got the dialog box below I am able to play MMO's and MMORPG games without any kind of problem whatsover and without a single hint of increased temperature I have already tried running sfc scannow on an elevated command prompt times without any quot integrity violations quot I have already followed the instructions given here Windows Experience Index - Reset and I don't know what else to do Any kind of help or advice from the community would be much appreciated Thanks and my apologies for the tl dr post of mine

A:WEI can't get past running test "Direct3D 10 Batch Assessment"

Update:
Problem solved! It seems that the culprit for the "hung" of the aforementioned assessment was the latest drivers for the Intel HD 4600 and specifically, the CMAA (Conservative Morphological Anti-Aliasing) setting under the Intel HD Graphics Control Panel, which was set to "Override Application Settings" option. I don't know if it would work with the latest drivers which include this setting because I installed the previous one, just to be safe.
For anyone out there facing the same problem but determined to have the latest drivers installed, I recommend picking the "Turn Off" or "Enhance Application Settings" option (whichever permits the Direct3d Batch Assessment to run) and re-rate his/her computer.
Hope that will help.

P.S.: I mark this thread as solved as for me it is. If anyone has any insight on this matter, please feel free to share. I would be glad to hear it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/348183-wei-cant-get-past-running-test-direct3d-10-batch-assessment.html
Relevancy 94.17%

Code:
? OS - Windows 7
? x64
? What was original installed OS on system: This
? OEM
? Age of system (hardware): All purchased new, Dec 2010
? Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS? Dec 2010, never re-installed
? CPU: Intel i7-950
? Video Card: Palit SONIC nVIDIA GTX 460 Geforce 1GB Graphics Card
? MotherBoard: Gigabyte SKT-1366 X58-USB3 Motherboard
? Power Supply: Corsair 650W
The BSOD only crashed when running Battlefield: Bad Company 2, usually about 20 minutes into the game. This has only started happening in the last week. Before that, I could play this game for hours without a problem.

I previously overclocked it, but returned it to factory settings just to be sure. I was monitoring the core temps the very moment the most recent BSOD happened, and they maxed at about 60.

Thanks for any help,
Michael

A:[SOLVED] BSOD - "hardware error" when running a specific game (BC2)

Hello,

First off, your BSODs look remarkably like the ones here: BSOD while playing BFBC2 - Windows 7 Forums

So much so, in fact, that I wonder if PnkBstrB.exe is truly the offending process. See if you can find an updated version of the anti-hacking program. I don't know the game myself, but the guys on SevenForums are discussing PunkBuster more; I suggest you follow their conversation and do what they do.

...Summary of the dumps:

Code:

Built by: 7600.16695.amd64fre.win7_gdr.101026-1503
Debug session time: Sat Mar 12 05:33:34.596 2011 (UTC - 5:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:42:47.605
Probably caused by : hardware
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x124_GenuineIntel
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT
PROCESS_NAME: PnkBstrB.exe
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x124_GenuineIntel_PROCESSOR_MAE
SystemProductName = X58-USB3
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Debug session time: Fri Mar 11 14:12:37.562 2011 (UTC - 5:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 1:41:01.764
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Debug session time: Fri Mar 11 09:23:19.455 2011 (UTC - 5:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:29:29.657
Debug session time: Fri Mar 11 08:49:50.136 2011 (UTC - 5:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 3:51:46.338
Debug session time: Fri Mar 11 04:56:36.960 2011 (UTC - 5:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:46:39.162
Debug session time: Fri Mar 11 04:06:21.247 2011 (UTC - 5:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:21:44.387
Debug session time: Fri Mar 11 03:43:39.069 2011 (UTC - 5:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 18:45:08.098
PROCESS_NAME: BFBC2Game.exe
Debug session time: Thu Mar 10 08:57:18.074 2011 (UTC - 5:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 1:11:15.026
?????????... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/solved-bsod-and-quot-hardware-error-and-quot-when-running-a-specific-game-bc2-557529.html
Relevancy 91.59%

I just upgraded from Vista Home Premium to Win7 professional x64 hoping to fix the above mentioned problem. After a complete re-install Im getting the same errors.

Im not sure of the proper terminology here, but during startup the computer does a scan of all hardware and "Volume 0" has a "failed" message.

The odd thing is that sometimes after a few restarts and pointless boot menu visits the computer starts up fine.

I tried windows repair feature by booting from the disk, but when I get to the window where i select the operating system to repair, its empty. Drive C, where the operating system is, is not showing.

I have a feeling that the hard drive itself has gone bad and is very unstable. Please let me know if I'm missing something or we just need to get a new HD.

Thank you

A:Win7 pro startup error "Boot MGR missing"/"Operating System Not Found

What type of hdd do you have. For example if you have a Seagate drive, there is software you can run to do a diagonostic on the hdd before the operating system boots.
This would be a good idea, especially if you were having same issues when Vista Home Premium was installed first.

Do you have more than one hdd installed. If yes, make sure in BIOS settings, the proper drive is selected for First Boot. And better yet make sure its the only drive attached when booting.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/185400-win7-pro-startup-error-boot-mgr-missing-operating-system-not-found.html
Relevancy 90.73%

Brand new computer fresh install of windows home prem bit After about - minutes of prime testing would get constant when Hardware BSOD running minidump prime95 error bsod Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version AMD Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved BSOD when running prime95 Hardware error minidump Loading Dump File C Windows Minidump - - dmp Mini Kernel Dump File Only registers and stack trace are available Symbol search path is SRV C Symbols http msdl microsoft com download symbols Executable search path is C Symbols Windows Kernel Version Service Pack MP procs Free x Product WinNt suite TerminalServer SingleUserTS Personal Built by amd fre win sp gdr - Machine Name Kernel base xfffff PsLoadedModuleList xfffff e Debug session time Wed Oct UTC - System Uptime days Loading Kernel Symbols Loading User Symbols Loading unloaded module list Bugcheck Analysis Use analyze -v to get detailed debugging information BugCheck fffffa e b a Probably BSOD when running prime95 Hardware error minidump caused by hardware Followup MachineOwner --------- kd gt analyze -v Bugcheck Analysis WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR A fatal hardware error has occurred Parameter identifies the type of error source that reported the error Parameter holds the address of the WHEA ERROR RECORD structure that describes the error conditon Arguments Arg Machine Check Exception Arg fffffa e Address of the WHEA ERROR RECORD structure Arg b a High order -bits of the MCi STATUS value Arg Low order -bits of the MCi STATUS value Debugging Details ------------------ BUGCHECK STR x AuthenticAMD CUSTOMER CRASH COUNT DEFAULT BUCKET ID VISTA DRIVER FAULT PROCESS NAME AMD OverDrive CURRENT IRQL f STACK TEXT fffff b fffff a b fffffa e b a nt KeBugCheckEx fffff b fffff a fffffa b b fffffa b hal HalBugCheckSystem x e fffff b fffff fffffa b b fffff eb a efa nt WheaReportHwError x fffff bb fffff fffffa b b fffff eb fffffa b b hal HalpMcaReportError x c fffff d fffff e f a a fffff f hal HalpMceHandler x e fffff d fffff c hal HalHandleMcheck x fffff d fffff nt KxMcheckAbort x c fffff eb b e nt KiMcheckAbort x f c x b e STACK COMMAND kb FOLLOWUP NAME MachineOwner MODULE NAME hardware IMAGE NAME hardware DEBUG FLR IMAGE TIMESTAMP FAILURE BUCKET ID X x AuthenticAMD PROCESSOR CACHE BUCKET ID X x AuthenticAMD PROCESSOR CACHE Followup MachineOwner

A:BSOD when running prime95 Hardware error minidump

Hi Bsinner86 welcome to SF

Please follow these steps and upload here the crash\bsod folder.

http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/190229-bsod-when-running-prime95-hardware-error-minidump.html
Relevancy 89.01%

Hi. I have had some problems recently with my PC, and the latest is that my sound doesn't work. I have Realtek HD Audio.

I can still see my speakers under the Sound list in Control Panel, and they say they work. All of my drivers are up to date and say they work.

I have tried many things, some of which where disabling all sound effects under enhancements, reinstalling all the drivers, and restarting the Windows Audio.

Also when under Speaker Properties and in the advanced tab when i press test i get an error message that says failed to play test tone.
Please Help! i have spent many days trying to find out how to fix this, and i need sound. Thanks

A:Sound Won't Work "Error failed to play test tone"

The first thing you need to do is make sure that you have a Realtek card.

Download a program such as Speccy: Speccy - Download

Once you've confirmed your sound card, download the latest drivers straight from the Realtek website.

In the case of HD Audio drivers:
Realtek

Now uninstall your old drivers using the Device Manager.

Once your old drivers are uninstalled, you'll need to install the new ones.

If your sound card still isn't working after confirming the make and model and installing the correct drivers you likely have a problem with the card itself. If you have an independent sound card you could try using the onboard sound instead, however Realtek is usually the onboard sound so I'm guessing that's your only option.

If you were planning on upgrading your sound from Realtek anyway, you could buy an independent card from a company like Creative or HT OMEGA. You can find good cards such as the X-FI and the OMEGA Striker for about $60 at Newegg.com

If you don't want to replace the card, you should probably exchange your motherboard for a new one after you've exhausted all of the software options and tested your speakers on a secondary source to make certain they're working properly.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/95216-sound-wont-work-error-failed-play-test-tone.html
Relevancy 89.01%

Hello I was running WD diagnostic tool on my Black Caviar TB and after just a few seconds of Quick Test I got this message quot Quick test on drive did not complete quot in window pop-out Here complete" test drive Black on did Caviar 1 "Quick error on WD my not is the full message After that I tested my "Quick test on drive 1 did not complete" error on my WD Black Caviar HD with HD Tune Pro and these are the results Reading Test "Quick test on drive 1 did not complete" error on my WD Black Caviar Error Scan still "Quick test on drive 1 did not complete" error on my WD Black Caviar in progress Error Scan performed back in March Helath Info As you can see there is bad sector which is still there after reinstalling my Windows Could this be my problem I read on various forums that bad sector for large hard drives is nothing I do not know if this is true Is my Black Caviar dieing My PC with Intel k is very slow and performs really bad Every time I try to open internet browser or any other program my PC takes time to open an application and my HD has that quot grinding quot sound like it is searching for the files very similar to Anti Virus scan sound It is very annoying thing which last over months or even more When I open folder full of pictures my pictures also are loaded slowly You can clearly see on the screen they are loaded by while scrolling Today while I was in quot Safe Mode quot loading essential drivers which you can see on the black screen after booting goes very slow too From my previous experience Windows usually loads them very fast I tried to reinstall my Windows in a hope I will get better performance but still my PC is very slow What do you suggest I do Should I open RMA ticket for replacement Am I eligible Any tips would be great

A:"Quick test on drive 1 did not complete" error on my WD Black Caviar

Hey there,

Status Code = 07 in WD Data Lifeguard Diagnostic means the drive fails to read part of the drive and it is likely to soon fail or it already started failing. Once a bad sector appears on a drive, it is highly likely that more would appear (the head would bounce off the physically damaged part and land on a different spot on the platter further damaging it and creating more bad sectors). You could try running chkdsk /r to try locating and isolating any bad sectors it finds, but this would only give you some time for backing up your data. I would advise you to replace that drive. Since it is from the WD Black series, it is likely that it is still under warranty (they usually come with 5 year limited warranty). I would check that and go for RMA.

I wouldn't imagine the slow performance would be only because of the drive. I would do a run-in test to check the CPU, RAM and GPU to make sure they are all OK.

Hope this helps,

Captain_WD.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/346611-quick-test-drive-1-did-not-complete-error-my-wd-black-caviar.html
Relevancy 89.01%

I have a Micron Client-Pro that is getting Specifically a "Media test failure, check cable" error but I booted one time out of several and saw a CMOS battery low error.

The machine is booting into DOS but no further. When I try and hit F1 to get into the BIOS it only takes me in a circle and brings up the "Media test..." page again untill it comes to some page asking for my "Current Password:" That of course dosn't work when I type it in.

So tell me is there any hope for this poor old machine? If I can't even check the BIOS settings I don't have a clue what I could do. I want to try and re-load it but if the battery is low enough that it won't boot properly then I don't even know if that will work. Any advice?

A:Micron Client-Pro getting "Media test failure, check cable" error

I think that if you replace the battery (be careful not to break any legs off) it would boot up again. You will have to re-setup your BIOS if you made any changes before.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/micron-client-pro-getting-media-test-failure-check-cable-error.11458/
Relevancy 89.01%

Please forgive my computer ignorance i m on my last leg here I have a laptop Compaq Armada M Microsoft XP Professional is the OS and it just wont boot AT ALL When I start I get the COMPAQ screen and it looks as if it s going to boot but then I get this PXE-E Media Test Failure Check Cable I have tried Boot Disk Restore Disk Failure, Check Cable" Test [SOLVED] Error Message "PXE-E61 Media the system just doesn t seem to want to read from the disk drive either When I do that it gives me the quot Non-System disk or disk error replace and strike any key when ready quot message After I do that it just flashes the laptop screen repeatedly and pops back up the SAME MESSAGE Keep in mind there [SOLVED] "PXE-E61 Media Test Failure, Check Cable" Error Message are no disk installed at this time and the [SOLVED] "PXE-E61 Media Test Failure, Check Cable" Error Message only thing connected to the laptop is the AC Power Cord What can I do to get it to boot I ll even WIPE the HardDrive and reload the XP Software if need be I just need to get around this quot PXE-E Media Test Failure Check Cable quot message Any help would be GREATLY appreciated nbsp

A:[SOLVED] "PXE-E61 Media Test Failure, Check Cable" Error Message

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-pxe-e61-media-test-failure-check-cable-error-message.104472/
Relevancy 89.01%

Good morning to all those who are reading my post,

I am trying to help a friend with their computer problem. This laptop has only been used about 4 times in the last year. It is only used for a church youth presentation.

What I have is a Compaq Presario R4000, AMD Athlon 64, ATI Radeon Express, running Windows XP.

After pressing the power button to boot the computer the Compaq logo appears for a few seconds with the option at bottom F10 to enter setup. Then the following appears on screen and continually loops or repeats:

"Intel UNPI, PXE-2.0 (Build 082)
Copyright (c) 1997-2000 Intel Corp.

For Realtek RTL8139(x)/8130/810x PCI Fast Ethernet Controller V2.13(020326)
PXE-E61:Media Test Failure, Check Cable
PXE-MOF:Exiting PXE ROM"

Any help would be greatly appreciated,

Elizbeth

A:Compaq laptop not booting up, "media test failure" error message, I need help PLEASE.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/compaq-laptop-not-booting-up-media-test-failure-error-message-i-need-help-please.523610/
Relevancy 88.58%

Hello guys I was doing a prime test to see if my system is stable or not and prime95 test? during BSOD it errored within minutes of the test and then I received a BSOD saying IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL I am not sure what the values are but I checked the event viewer and it says - System Provider Name Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power Guid C B A- - C -AC E- C D B EventID Version Level Task Opcode Keywords x BSOD during prime95 test? - TimeCreated SystemTime - - T Z EventRecordID Correlation - Execution ProcessID ThreadID Channel System Computer Phong-PC - Security UserID S- - - Event Data BugcheckCode BugcheckParameter BSOD during prime95 test? x eb BugcheckParameter x BugcheckParameter x BugcheckParameter xfffff c SleepInProgress false PowerButtonTimestamp I ran memtest for hrs and got no error I've look around in the forums and google and can't seem to locate what the problem really is I did not overclock anything in my computer I also tried running prime small FFT test and no errors was presented after about two hrs When I tried the blend test again however it errored very quickly and another bsod showed up saying STOP x F x x x F xFFFFF tcpip sys - gt address xFFFFF at FFFFF My computer specs are i ghz gb rams OCZ gold - - - mhz XFX ATI Corsair TX W ASUS P x d premium motherboard Window Ultimate x Attached is my minidump files One of them is because of an xbox controller driver xusb dll and the others I do not know Thank you in advance for the help guys

A:BSOD during prime95 test?

Quote: Originally Posted by Prime95 Website

The "Blend" test uses FFTs with sizes which range from very small to very large. The FFTs are not run in-place so the tests cycle through RAM. The blend test automatically picks a "Memory to use" value which uses up all the RAM in the computer. This is the version of the test which is most likely to fail if you have bad RAM

I have a gut feeling you may have a bad stick of ram being the blend test works very closely with ALL of your ram in your machine.

have you had any issues with ram not being reported properly?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/81874-bsod-during-prime95-test.html
Relevancy 88.15%

I'm using Win all the time and want to upgrade to Win Pro So I bought the upgrade DVD from a local MicroCenter store According to the EULA however if I upgrade using Win then I can no longer legally use Win on this PC -- which would be a bad situation for me So instead I want to use Vista as the quot qualifying OS quot -- as I have an old copy of Vista & "using" Vista but Upgrading Win7 Win8 running with Ultimate that I removed from this PC when I migrated to a much smaller SSD Question is though since I only have Win installed at present and don't have room on the SSD to reinstall Vista AND then install Win how can I use Vista as Upgrading "using" Vista but running with Win7 & Win8 the quot qualifying OS quot for the upgrade Does it prompt for an OS version and a key I've been told to use the Upgrade Assistant but when I launched that it wanted me to go to MS and purchase an upgrade -- which I already have in DVD form So I don't want to buy it again When I messed around with Win I actually installed it several times in different ways -- which you could do because you could install it without using a key but in the case of Win I believe you have to provide the key during the install So that doesn't give me any flexibility with trying different installation schemes So one approach is to do the following Replace Win on the SSD with Vista Boot using the SSD to confirm that Vista works OK Boot from the Win DVD and quot upgrade quot using it but do not transfer anything -- basically this would be a clean install Boot from CD and remove Vista from the SSD Reboot from MR CD and quot restore quot the current Win image in place of Vista Reboot using the SSD While this would get me BOTH Win and Win on the SSD the problem is the boot loader setup would boot me into Win However I DO have EasyBCD on Win so if I ran it and added an entry for Win then I could reboot but this time into Win Once in Win would there then be a way to quot repair quot the boot loader files so that the Win files are replaced by Win

A:Upgrading "using" Vista but running with Win7 & Win8

As you have Vista as your qualifying OS.
Clean Install with Windows 8 Upgrade

http://www.eightforums.com/installation-setup/14135-upgrading-using-vista-but-running-win7-win8.html
Relevancy 88.15%

As the subject line mentioned... i recently had to replace the screen in my Dell Precision M4800.  Now Whenever i am running Photoshop with my Wacom Cintiq tablet, the screen will freeze after a few minutes.  I updated the video driver but am still having the same problem.  I ran a diagnostic test and g everything checked out except for the "Notebook Panel" section.  there I get the error message "Video - User provided no input for graphics test"

Any idea how I can fix this?

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3519/t/19992586
Relevancy 88.15%

Basic system description Desktop PC about years old with Motherboard Asus P Q-E Processor Intel Core Quad Q GHz RAM amount GB Operating System Windows Professional Service Pack OEM bit Graphics Cards I have two installed and software controllable CrossFire AMD Radeon HD driving monitors Driver version Hard drive TB Western Digital WDC WD FALS- J B Crash situation and background The system tends to crash with no application running or all applications running By quot applications quot I mean -other than standard chart and browsers Battlefield Limited Edition Sierra Chart Sierra Chart - Futures Stocks Forex Charting and Trading Software Platform InteractiveBrokers com Picasa Adoble Lightroom Last week I installed the latest drivers for most and including the video card drivers after a whole series of BSoD and also UNINSTALLED Battlefield I thought I fixed the problem and this computer feels and error BSoD with "Ntfs.sys" "STOP:0x00000024" slightly faster etc Today while I was away and while the computer is running item and the computer gave me a BSoD as per attached screen shot HELP

A:BSoD with "STOP:0x00000024" error and "Ntfs.sys"

Hello rting,
You have quite a few different types of crashes there.
Before we investigate the underlying causes it would be wise to do the following.

1. Asacpi.sys

The pre 2009 version of this driver is a known BSOD cause.

Quote:
Please visit this link: Asus tek computer inc. -support- drivers and download p7p55d le

ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download P7P55D LE
ASUSTeK Computer Inc. - Motherboards- ASUS P5K-VM

Scroll down to the utilities category, then scroll down to the "atk0110 driver for windowsxp/vista/windows 7 32&64-bit" (it's about the 12th item down).

Download and install it.

Go to c:\windows\system32\drivers to check and make sure that the asacpi.sys file is date stamped from 2009 or 2010 (not before).

2. McAfee is a frequent cause of BSOD's.
I would remove and replace it with Microsoft Security Essentials AT LEAST TO TEST!

http://download.mcafee.com/products/...tches/MCPR.exe

Microsoft Security Essentials - Free Antivirus for Windows

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/227620-bsod-stop-0x00000024-error-ntfs-sys.html
Relevancy 88.15%

Hello,
Following the forum guidelines I am posting a compressed file from your SF Diagnostic tool. This was done shortly after a BSOD.
Thanks for your support in helping me understand what is the cause of those frequent BSOD.
Joce

A:BSOD with "Invalid Attachment Process" and "IRQ..." error

Hi Joce & Welcome to the forums ^_^,

I have analyzed your dump files and below has been provided an analysis of the same for informative purposes :-

Code:
**************************Sun Aug 31 11:24:21.375 2014 (UTC + 5:30)***************************** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for SynTP.sys

*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for SynTP.sys

Probably caused by : SynTP.sys ( SynTP+3b9fb )

BugCheck 5, {ffffe0017069a900, ffffe001734f3580, 0, 1}
BugCheck Info: INVALID_PROCESS_ATTACH_ATTEMPT (5)

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x5

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN8_DRIVER_FAULT

PROCESS_NAME: explorer.exe

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x5_SynTP+3b9fb

MaxSpeed: 2130

CurrentSpeed: 2128

BIOS Version 1.20

BIOS Release Date 12/17/09

Manufacturer TOSHIBA

Product Name Satellite L550

**************************Sun Aug 31 11:05:21.993 2014 (UTC + 5:30)**************************
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for SynTP.sys

BugCheck 5, {ffffe000c99146c0, ffffe000cdaf7900, 0, 1}

PROCESS_NAME: Integrator.exe

BIOS Version 1.20

Manufacturer TOSHIBA

**************************Sun Aug 31 11:02:51.478 2014 (UTC + 5:30)**************************
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for SynTP.sys

BugCheck 5, {ffffe0006e7146c0, ffffe00071209080, 0, 1}

PROCESS_NAME: explorer.exe

BIOS Version 1.20

Manufacturer TOSHIBA

**************************Sun Aug 31 11:00:13.378 2014 (UTC + 5:30)**************************
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for GUBootStartup.sys

*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for GUBootStartup.sys

Probably caused by : GUBootStartup.sys ( GUBootStartup+1103 )

BugCheck A, {ffffc000f4972068, 2, 1, fffff80221ef2d08}
BugCheck Info: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (a)

BUGCHECK_STR: AV

PROCESS_NAME: taskeng.exe

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: AV_GUBootStartup+1103

BIOS Version 1.20

Manufacturer TOSHIBA

**************************Sat Aug 30 10:14:00.246 2014 (UTC + 5:30)**************************
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for GUBootStartup.sys

*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for GUBootStartup.sys

Probably caused by : GUBootStartup.sys ( GUBootStartup+1103 )

BugCheck A, {ffffc001ba68cbf8, 2, 1, fffff800016f1d08}
BugCheck Info: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (a)

BUGCHECK_STR: AV

PROCESS_NAME: taskeng.exe

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: AV_GUBoo... Read more

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/52928-bsod-invalid-attachment-process-irq-error.html
Relevancy 87.72%

Hi

I am using windows XP, Installed "Testlink" tool successfully and created a project and a testsuite in it.
When I tried to import an test case for the testsuite I am getting a popup window with the following message.

"To display this page, Firefox must send information that will repeat any action (such as a search or order confirmation) that was performed earlier." with (Retry/Cancel) buttons

Please help me to solve the issue. Thank u

A:unable to import a file as test case in "Testlink" - Test management tool

For this I would suggest that you contact Testlink about the problem. They do have a forum for questions. This is most likely a problem with Testlink rather than XP or Firefox.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/unable-to-import-a-file-as-test-case-in-testlink-test-management-tool-564023.html
Relevancy 87.72%

Have a "pxe-e61: media test failure, check cable" error on a toshiba satelitte L455-S5975, Windows 7

Had to replace hard drive because orginal failed. Changed BIOS to boot CD/DVD drive first, then hard drive second, to load Windows. When I started laptop I received "pxe-e61: media test failure, check cable" error. I changed BIOS to load the hard drive 1st, CD/DVD 2nd. same issue.
- BIOS does identify both HDD & CD/DVD drives.
- CD/DVD drive was working correctly right before the old HDD failed.

What else can I do?

Thanks.

A:"Pxe-e61: media test failure" error help

Go into your Bios and see if Network is in the boot order and disable it. Then try to boot again and post back what happens.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pxe-e61-media-test-failure-error-help.162394/
Relevancy 87.72%

I am infected with this crap and have used the following tools to try to get rid of it Windows Defender Unible PowerSuite SpeedUpMyPC Registry Booster amp Spyware Protector and Norton's - "Error Worm-Popups-The Icons Netsky Cleaner" Protector" "Spyware..." Three "Privacy One Button Netsky Worm-Popups-The Three Icons - "Error Cleaner" "Privacy Protector" "Spyware..." Checkup and WinDoctor Not sure if it's related but my DISPLAY is locked at X Atempted the Step Process before posting and Panda ActiveScan froze and crashed after scanning files but not before identifying spyware files Here's my extra txt log from Deckard's Deckard's System Scanner v Extra logfile - please post Netsky Worm-Popups-The Three Icons - "Error Cleaner" "Privacy Protector" "Spyware..." this as an attachment with your post -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -- System Information ---------------------------------------------------------- Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition build SP Architecture X Language English CPU Intel R Pentium R CPU GHz Percentage of Memory in Use Physical Memory total avail MiB MiB Pagefile Memory total avail MiB MiB Virtual Memory total avail MiB MiB A is Removable No Media C is Fixed NTFS - GiB total GiB free D is CDROM CDFS PHYSICALDRIVE - ST A - GiB - partition PARTITION - Unknown - MiB PARTITION bootable - Installable File System - GiB - C -- Security Center ------------------------------------------------------------- AUOptions is scheduled to auto-install Windows Internal Firewall is disabled AntiVirusDisableNotify is set FirewallDisableNotify is set FW Norton Internet Security v Symantec Corporation AV Norton Internet Security v Symantec Corporation HKLM System CurrentControlSet Services SharedAccess Parameters FirewallPolicy DomainProfile AuthorizedApplications List quot windir system sessmgr exe quot quot windir system sessmgr exe enabled xpsp res dll - quot quot C Program Files Logitech Logitech Harmony Remote Software HarmonyRemote exe quot quot C Program Files Logitech Logitech Harmony Remote Software HarmonyRemote exe Enabled Logitech Harmony Remote Software quot quot windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe quot quot windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe Enabled xpsp res dll - quot quot C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe quot quot C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe Enabled Logitech Desktop Messenger quot HKLM System CurrentControlSet Services SharedAccess Parameters FirewallPolicy StandardProfile AuthorizedApplications List quot windir system sessmgr exe quot quot windir system sessmgr exe enabled xpsp res dll - quot quot C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE quot quot C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE Enabled LEXPPS EXE quot quot C Program Files Logitech Logitech Harmony Remote Software HarmonyRemote exe quot quot C Program Files Logitech Logitech Harmony Remote Software HarmonyRemote exe Enabled Logitech Harmony Remote Software quot quot windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe quot quot windir Network Diagnostic xpnetdiag exe Enabled xpsp res dll - quot quot C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe quot quot C Program Files Logitech Desktop Messenger Program LogitechDesktopMessenger exe Enabled Logitech Desktop Messenger quot quot C Program Files LimeWire LimeWire exe quot quot C Program Files LimeWire LimeWire exe Enabled LimeWire quot quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe quot quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YahooMessenger exe Enabled Yahoo Messenger quot quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YServer exe quot quot C Program Files Yahoo Messenger YServer exe Enabled Yahoo FT Server quot quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe quot quot C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe Enabled Windows Messenger quot quot C Program Files Veoh Networks Veoh VeohCli... Read more

A:Netsky Worm-Popups-The Three Icons - "Error Cleaner" "Privacy Protector" "Spyware..."

Bump.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/netsky-worm-popups-the-three-icons-error-cleaner-privacy-protector-spyware-207223.html
Relevancy 87.29%

Ok,

Lets Find out who has the worst pc on this forum!!

I will Start

CPU: P4 2.4ghz
RAM: 1gb DDR 400
HDD: 80GB Seagate Barracuda, 120GB WD Caviar
Video Card: Nvidia 7600GT AGP 4x with burn marks from OCing
Mobo: VIA doesn't even have a serial number or anything

Beat That!

A:Oldest "Dinosaur" Running Win7

least you got a pentium 4 ... i have a damn celeron-d (like the 'K-Mart' of processors)
which im sure is in the pentium 3 family

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/11624-oldest-dinosaur-running-win7.html
Relevancy 87.29%

Upgraded to Windows 10 (from Windows 7) after ignoring the constant encouragement to upgrade for quite sometime. It was fine for quite some time (weeks/months). Yesterday, after a restart, the blue tiled screen with the "Choose An Option" menu came up. You can "Test Memory", "Test System" or "Exit". The problem is that when you do any of these options, it just keeps cycling back to this "Choose An Option" screen.

I have a Dell Inspiron 570 (older machine). I've gotten it to go to the BIOS Setu Utility by pressing F2 (constantly as it cycles). I have the DVD/CD in the drive, but it seems to be disabled?

I'm stuck and would appreciate any help at all...please.

Thank you,

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/stuck-on-choose-an-option-test-memory-test-system-exit.1164906/
Relevancy 86%

Hello,
I got this error with my i7 4790k @ stock.
Is this normal?
Could it be that my bios version is not supported?
It works in games but never goes above 60 procent.

A:Cpu error "PCH" test fail.

Do you have your SATA ports set to AHCI in your BIOS? They need to be AHCI and also have Intel Rapid Storage Technology installed.

Also make sure your motherboard BIOS is the latest version.

Hope this helps

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/62368-cpu-error-pch-test-fail.html
Relevancy 86%

Hi,

I got a sudden unexpected blue screen.
When my computer was restarting, I got the message

"PXE-E61 Media test failure, check cable"

I went and did a Hard Drive Self Test, and got the message

Test Status: #2-07 Fail

Any advice on how to proceed would be appreciated.

A:"PXE-E61 Media test failure"/"#2-07 Fail"

Please provide your computer specs.
This often means your HD has died. Can you see it in the BIOS?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pxe-e61-media-test-failure-2-07-fail.834629/
Relevancy 85.57%

Hello At first thank you for your time I am getting crashes when playing game like CSGO or when stress testing with prime blend test torture test threads While playing csgo it sometimes just freezes and CSGO and stress with test playing BSOD prime95 then csgo isn't working anymore if i then check the system log file i get WHEA warningslike A corrected hardware error has occurred Reported by component Processor Core But sometimes it also freezes my whole pc and then when i check the windows-system logbook i see BSOD playing CSGO and stress test with prime95 this error Your computer restarts and a critical error message that resembles the following is recorded in the event log Log Name System Source Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power Event ID Level Critical Description The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first This error could be caused if the system stopped responding crashed or lost power unexpectedly And when i Stress test BSOD playing CSGO and stress test with prime95 with Prime it will test like minutes and my cpu's get to degrees C and then it will crash And on the next startup i have this error BCCode b BCP C BCP FFFFF DFE BCP FFFFF EE BCP OS Version Service Pack Product I have also uploaded my DM LOG please help me because i really can not find a solution myself thank you

A:BSOD playing CSGO and stress test with prime95

Hiya and welcome to SevenForums!

Code:
MODULE_NAME: hardware

IMAGE_NAME: hardware

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 0

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x124_GenuineIntel_PROCESSOR_CACHE

BUCKET_ID: X64_0x124_GenuineIntel_PROCESSOR_CACHE
Hmm, this is really a failing CPU. This could be a bad cooler or a failing CPU. I'd try to replace the cooler and see if that works.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/373663-bsod-playing-csgo-stress-test-prime95.html
Relevancy 85.57%

I've been having blue screens for a long time now and I'm clueless at this point. I have replaced my hard drive, GPU, Motherboard, RAM and my OS. My most common blue screens are "a clock interrupt was not received on a secondary processor" and "an uncorrectable hardware error was encountered". I play a lot of Dota 2, and it usually BSOD's within 1-2 games.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/401561-bsod-while-playing-games-after-few-minutes-prime95-test.html
Relevancy 85.57%

Hi everyone!

Yesterday my HP laptop (Windows 7) started getting BSOD with various types of errors (mostly "STOP: 0x00000F4", "STOP: 0x0000007A", "c00021a" and one "missing %hs, c0000135"). Most of the time it restarts without any issues and works fine right after the BSOD and then an hour or two later I get a BSOD again.

I have tried restoring to Last Known Good Configuration, startup repair, hard disk check, virus scans and I also uninstalled any recently added programs I could think of and cleared up more than 50% of my hard disk space. None of these seem to have helped and I still get BSOD regularly.

I have attached the folder from the SF Diagnostic Tool and would appreciate any advice!
Thank you!

A:BSOD every few hours: mostly "STOP: 0x00000F4", "c00021a" & "c0000135"

Welcome to the forum.

MSINFO32:
Please go to Start and type in "msinfo32.exe" (without the quotes) and press Enter
Save the report as an .nfo file, then zip up the .nfo file and upload/attach the .zip file with your next post.
Also, save a copy as a .txt file and include it also (it's much more difficult to read, but we have greater success in getting the info from it).
------------------------
Upload a screenshot using: CrystalDiskInfo For how to upload a screenshot or file, read here
Test your Hard Drive(s) by running: Hard Drive Diagnostic Procedure
------------------------
Test and Diagnose RAM Issues with Memtest86+: RAM - Test with Memtest86+

Tip
Pay close attention to Part 3 of the tutorial "If you have errors"
Test the RAM with Memtest86+ for at least 7-10 passes. It may take up to 22 passes to find problems. Make sure to run it once after the system has been on for a few hours and is warm, and then also run it again when the system has been off for a few hours and is cold.

------------------------
Monitor hardware temperature with system monitoring software like Speccy or HWMonitor. Upload a screen shot of the Summary tab as well:Piriform - Speccy
CPUID - HWMonitor
For how to upload a screenshot or file, read here

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck F4, {3, 87a2e968, 87a2ead4, 83a55cf0}

----- ETW minidump data unavailable-----
Probably caused by : csrss.exe

Followup: MachineOwner
---------
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck F4, {3, 87a7bd40, 87a7beac, 83a1fcf0}

----- ETW minidump data unavailable-----
Probably caused by : csrss.exe

---------

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/307397-bsod-every-few-hours-mostly-stop-0x00000f4-c00021a-c0000135.html
Relevancy 85.57%

Hello guys the last week I ve been strugling with these nasty BSODs At first I thought it was my HDDs as ntoskrn exe somewhat hinted towards that from googling it My HDDs have been causing a lot of trouble earlier as well due "ntoskrnl.exe" header", BSOD management", pool "Bad "Memory - to their somewhat long years of service However I ve recently reformated my computer and installed W on a brand new Corsair Force GT GB SSD hoping the BSODs would go away they didn t I googled BSOD - "Memory management", "Bad pool header", "ntoskrnl.exe" BSOD and I stumbled upon this forum and I thought I d give it a try I m somewhat desperate as I need my computer working for both work school and amusement I ve been trying to run Memtest in order to test my memory BSOD - "Memory management", "Bad pool header", "ntoskrnl.exe" but without any results I m also currently running on only on GB chip instead BSOD - "Memory management", "Bad pool header", "ntoskrnl.exe" of two to see if the problem still exists Also without any results This is the second time I m writing this thread btw I was just about to post it and my PC crashed Here is my two logs dxdiag last crash didn t generate a log oddly enough Here is additional hardware gear that I use Razer Megalodon Headset Razer Naga Logitech G Logitech C Webcam Corsair W PSU My temperatures are also good Both CPU and MB idles at around GPU s all good too I m also using a Corsair D chassi with dustfilters at both air-income so dust is minimal On top off this I use airpressure to clean away dust somewhat regularly and I also did exactly this days ago when I reinstalled the pc Thanks in advance nbsp

A:BSOD - "Memory management", "Bad pool header", "ntoskrnl.exe"

Are you over-clocking? Is the bios set to its defaults? Is the SSD set on a SATA 3 port in AHCI mode?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-memory-management-bad-pool-header-ntoskrnl-exe.182278/
Relevancy 85.57%

This is driving me bonkers and I "workstation" to copy WinXP FAIL file "server" Win7 have almost no hair left I really hope someone can help When I attempt to copy or Win7 "workstation" to WinXP "server" file copy FAIL move a file or folder from my Win box to my WinXP SP media server the operation nearly always fails Take for example my trying to copy the VLC Media Player folder files MB from Program Files Win7 "workstation" to WinXP "server" file copy FAIL on Win to the C drive on the media server via a mapped drive X In all cases after hanging up at some point during the copy I get this message Network Error There is a problem accessing X lt whatever current sub-folder copying is gt Make sure you are connected to the network and try again I should note here that you only see the message come up if you wait for it min after the copy hangs If you try to cancel the hung copy before the message comes up you can crash explorer exe I must Win7 "workstation" to WinXP "server" file copy FAIL also stress that there are no other access problems on the network Files on the media server are accessible as expected from the Win box Performing the same copy in reverse quot pulling quot the same folder to the XP box from its console instead of quot pushing quot from Win works perfectly All machines are in WORKGROUP and the same exact credentials are in use on all machines All machines run the same version of Symantec Endpoint Protection and have firewall rules configured to allow all LAN traffic All machines are connected through a Linksys SD -port GB quot dumb quot switch Routing DHCP is provided by a D-Link DI- NICs are all set to auto-negotiate I have tried monkeying with NIC settings it is an onboard Realtek to no avail I have also installed an Intel PRO XT Server NIC just to see if it was a Realtek issue No change Here's the kicker my Win Panasonic laptop connected to the same LAN does not suffer this same problem In fact when I run the same copy the speed is about twice as fast as on the Win PC in question before the PC hangs up of course Any ideas that I might try would be appreciated I have even recently reinstalled Win from scratch hoping that might fix it EndGame

A:Win7 "workstation" to WinXP "server" file copy FAIL

Same thing happens in my LAN between both Seven Ultimate x86 and x64 and a XP Pro SP3 file server, and also no problem copying from a Toshiba U200-182 laptop with Seven Pro x86 (Upgrade disk from Toshiba)to the same xp machine, also note that there is a normal transfer speed between al Seven platforms....

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/77706-win7-workstation-winxp-server-file-copy-fail.html
Relevancy 84.71%

Hello I've been getting BSOD the last couple of months lately much more frequently The error code is x and ntoskrnl exe bc I used to get it only once every weeks or once a week Lately I've been getting it test BSOD FFTs or during small Prime95 4 Battlefield stress more BSOD during Battlefield 4 or Prime95 small FFTs stress test maybe once a day But been playing more Battlefield also compared to before Thinks I've tried to fix it Tested Memory with Memtest Tested Memory with Prime Blend Tested Memory with HCI Tested Graphics Card with Furmark Swapped Graphics card with my dad he got the same one as me still bluescreens Used my PC BSOD during Battlefield 4 or Prime95 small FFTs stress test with only a single memory module tried both modules both time still BSOD Drivers are updated motherboard soundcard videocard BIOS is latest version Temperatures are okay - celcius while running stress test nothing is overclocked I don't know anything about voltages so I never touched that I just made a picture with my phone of my voltage settings in BIOS When I run Prime with small FFTs I get a bluescreen within minutes So I'm thinking motherboard or CPU When I play Battlefield I can play for - hours till I get one sometimes more it's random Would be awesome if someone could help me out Here's my specs also Gigabyte p a-d -b x Corsair XMS GB DDR - GB total i k Club D RoyalKing W Be Quiet PSU Creative XtremeGamer Fatal ty Pro Soundcard Samsung Pro SSD GB Samsung TB HD Windows Home Premium -bit Thank you

A:BSOD during Battlefield 4 or Prime95 small FFTs stress test

I ran some more tests with Prime95 today. Ran all 3 tests (Blend, Small FFTs and Large FFTs), each for 15min. No BSOD but I get in all 3 tests a error: FATAL ERROR: Rounding was 0.5, expected less than 0.4

Edit: Sorry, should've edited starting post instead of a reply.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/332616-bsod-during-battlefield-4-prime95-small-ffts-stress-test.html
Relevancy 84.71%

Hello First of all thanks for this space and for the help I am experiencing "MemoryManagement", BSODs in total 64 also "SystemServiceException" and Win7 freezes two kinds of BSODs on my Win They are System Service Exception and Memory Management Also I am getting complete freezes of the kind where keyboard stop working mouse too everything and you have to turn of CPU to restart These problems occur mostly when using Google Chrome Youtube often and playing games such as Need Ford Speed Carbon Sid Meiers Railroads Grid Left Dead and others Also when streaming music This machine of mine is brand new has around months of use and has been assembled from several parts BSODs "SystemServiceException" and "MemoryManagement", also total freezes in Win7 64 bought separatedly The freezes and BSODs happen since the purchase and installation of Chrome and games I never installed other operating systems on this PC Windows bits is BSODs "SystemServiceException" and "MemoryManagement", also total freezes in Win7 64 the first It is a top class machine with grade on most items except disks OS - Windows x What was original installed OS on system This one OEM version came pre-installed on system or full retail version Full retail Age of system months Age of OS installation months also CPU - Athlon II X Video Card - ATI Radeon HD MotherBoard - Ecs Black Series A gxm-Ad Am Ddr GX SB Power Supply - brand amp wattage - OCZ SXS watts Memory - GB DDR Corsair Disks - WDC WD AACS GB and MAXTOR STM AS GB The required ZIP files are attached Thanks

A:BSODs "SystemServiceException" and "MemoryManagement", also total freezes in Win7 64

Hi -

As you know, the files are in Portuguese, but the dumps are in the universal language of hexadecimal and I did find a few things which may help.

The bugchecks on the 8 mini kernel memory dump files -

(4) 0x3b (0xc0000005,,,) = system service exception, 0xc0000005 = memory access violation

(4) 0x1a (0x41790,,,) = memory management error

Both could be caused by rogue 3rd party drivers. Daemon Tool/ Alcohol/ other CD emulation software is undoubted involved and needs to be removed.

Update the first two drivers. Remove Daemon/ Alcohol and the burning app containing the pcouffin.sys driver -

Code:

netr7364.sys Thu Mar 12 23:13:08 2009 (49B9CF44) - RT73 USB Wireless LAN Card

RTKVHD64.sys Fri May 22 14:04:20 2009 (4A16E924) - Realtek HD audio

sptd.sys Sun Oct 11 16:55:14 2009 (4AD24632) - CD emulation

a0omnhk0.SYS Fri Aug 07 09:30:20 2009 (4A7C2C6C) - unknown; dynamically allocated by CD emulation software

pcouffin.sys Tue Dec 05 09:39:30 2006 (457584A2) - CD/ DVD burning driver
Your wifi is probably either Linksys or Ralink. Try both sites.
Linksys --> http://www.linksysbycisco.com/US/en/support
Ralink --> http://www.ralinktech.com/support.php

Realtek --> http://www.realtek.com.tw/DOWNLOADS/

Remove Daemon/Alcohol, update the wifi driver and the Realtek audio driver and see if BSODs persist.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

BUGCHECK SUMMARY

Code:

Built by: 7600.16385.amd64fre.win7_rtm.090713-1255
Debug session time: Tue Apr 13 08:35:09.744 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:02:14.398
BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff80002d2de13, fffff880071faee0, 0}
Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiRelinkStandbyPage+e3 )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x3B
PROCESS_NAME: svchost.exe
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Debug session time: Sat Apr 10 06:45:30.474 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:03:59.503
BugCheck 1A, {41790, fffffa80008a2c40, ffff, 0}
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+339d6 )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x1a_41790
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Debug session time: Fri Apr 9 08:33:59.241 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:01:22.270
BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff80002d62105, fffff88007dd5c90, 0}
Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiGetTopLevelPfn+65 )
Debug session time: Thu Apr 8 22:30:33.678 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:02:55.707
BugCheck 1A, {41790, fffffa8000847320, ffff, 0}
Probably caused by : win32k.sys ( win32k!SURFACE::bDeleteSurface+3c8 )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x1a_41790
PROCESS_NAME: chrome.exe
Debug session time: Wed Apr 7 20:36:32.284 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:01:14.313
BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff80002d10105, fffff88007bf8c90, 0}
Debug session time: Wed Apr 7 08:35:28.246 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:01:13.275
BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff80002d64105, fffff8800811dc90, 0}
Debug session time: Sat Apr ... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsods-systemserviceexception-and-memorymanagement-also-total-freezes-in-win7-64-a-476077.html
Relevancy 84.28%

Performed an quot enhanced secure erase quot on my SSD and then did a clean install of Win Professional -bit from Microsoft pressed upgrade discs Every update installed flawlessly expect BSoD clean install, is hours rig Win7 "seasonally unstable" after Service Pack which had failure I've also BSoD hours after clean Win7 install, rig is "seasonally unstable" seen numerous apps crash since mostly IE and chrome sfc SCANNOW already showing unrepairable files BSoD in middle of the night while I was sleeping A bit of history not sure if it is helpful Had rig for nearly years stability issues from the start but goes through periods of stability for weeks to months only to become unstable again First time I installed Windows it took multiple tries probably and kept stopping at quot Expanding files quot On a later install to the HDD I had the same problem I do not have these problems installing Win to the SSD Over the three years I've made some changes Put an SSD as primary added a MOSFET heatsink custom CPU cooler and changed video card Stability issues persist sometimes with BSoD errors night after night Sometimes the instability is quot only quot constant crashing of Chrome Opera System restore has never really helped but eventually the rig BSoD hours after clean Win7 install, rig is "seasonally unstable" returns to a period of stability typically for a month or two And then back to unstable Some googling encountered another guy with the same RAM and mobo that seemed BSoD free after switching out the RAM to another brand My g skill memory is not on the supported list available on the gigabyte website I've run hours of passes with no errors on the RAM BSoD hours after clean Win7 install, rig is "seasonally unstable" but only in the first pair of slots It's also worth mentioning that the RAM is listed as v but voltage in the BIOS shows v Would like to have a stable machine once and for all as trying to upgrade my way out of it hasn't worked appreciate any help

A:BSoD hours after clean Win7 install, rig is "seasonally unstable"

Analysis inconclusive.

It is much easier to find patterns, etc, when there are more than one crash dmp.

We prefer you wait until you have at least two so that if one is corrupt the other probably wont be.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/224878-bsod-hours-after-clean-win7-install-rig-seasonally-unstable.html
Relevancy 83.85%

sorry about my english before.

I through to the point. I dont know exactly why this can be happened in my windows. I got screen saying :

Quote:
stop c0000fb6 unknown hard error
unknown hard error

nothing else and the system is stopped at the point. so i try to restart windows with power reset. Then restart with safe mode and system repair, but windows can't found the problem and this happened several times when i tried to restart windows.

i know that file ci.dll is corrupted from my system32 and needs to fix it. But, how can I fix it? i cant log on to my windows.

please help me..what must I do? All answer is appreciated

A:Getting Blue Screen error"unknown hard error" in win7

This isn't a commonly recognized BSOD error code (here's a table of all that I know: BSOD Index )

Can you get into Safe Mode? If so, first backup your stuff.
Since you can't do a repair install in Safe Mode, you'll have to wipe the system and reinstall Windows.

You may also want to try these free diagnostics:

Quote:
I suggest starting all troubleshooting with the following diagnostic tests. They'll save you a lot of time and heartache if there is a hardware failure, and you'll have the disks on hand in case you need them in the future:

Quote:
H/W Diagnostics:
Please start by running these bootable hardware diagnostics:
Memory Diagnostics (read the details at the link)
HD Diagnostic (read the details at the link) - Test ALL of the hard drives.

Also, please run one of these free, independent online malware scans to ensure that your current protection hasn't been compromised: Free Online AntiMalware Resources (read the details at the link). There are links to bootable antivirus disks on this page also.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/178383-getting-blue-screen-error-unknown-hard-error-win7.html
Relevancy 83.85%

Hi TechGuy I m having some recent problems on my laptop When I log-in and start using it the Solved: process running, "Generic.dx" open, "Explorer.exe" keeps IE intermittently Windows performance starts slowing down When I look at the Task Manager I notice that the task called Explorer exe takes up a lot of my CPU In a couple of minutes I also start getting Internet Explorer windows to pop-up on my screen I normally use Firefox with advertisements suggesting that my computer is infected and some software downloads that could help I recently installed McAfee Total Works or whatever they call their -in- software which is supposed to do it all I ran several scans and on some of them if did Solved: "Explorer.exe" process keeps running, IE Windows intermittently open, "Generic.dx" find and disable the Generic dx trojan Even though it claims it is doing something I don t notice any changes - Explorer exe continues to bog me down and the IE windows keep popping up to the point that I cannot use my computer effectively anymore IBM T- laptop about three and a half years old Microsoft XP-Professional Any pointers would be truly appreciated Thanks Sandjosh nbsp

A:Solved: "Explorer.exe" process keeps running, IE Windows intermittently open, "Generic.dx"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-explorer-exe-process-keeps-running-ie-windows-intermittently-open-generic-dx.602607/
Relevancy 83.85%

I have some problem on my Toshiba M Laptop The blue screen came out when I try to log on BSOD quot Bad Pool Header quot appears in front of the log on screen already started-up before This is the first time of BSOD by newly OS all drivers installed and it happens one time Before this happens I turned on my external LCD monitor that included USB Hub connector USB Devices Keyboard Mouse DAC UPS Data Link turned on when switched on the monitor Previously I've seen BSOD quot Page Fault in Nonpaged Area quot when softwares devices are starting up appears one time then I formatted OS amp claimed a new mainboard already Can anyone tell me the system data written failed can caused this problem or the hardware BSOD Win7 BSOD: Header" log when Pool problem others "Bad on + issue Maybe it's caused by driver problem please check my dump files amp help Thanks in advance My Laptop Toshiba Satellite M - X OS Windows Ultimate x OEM Toshiba CPU Intel Core i M GHz RAM Samsung GB x Dual Channel HDD Hitachi GB VGA BSOD: "Bad Pool Header" when log on Win7 + others BSOD problem Intel HD Graphics NVIDIA Geforce GT M GB SOUND Realtek High Definition Audio

A:BSOD: "Bad Pool Header" when log on Win7 + others BSOD problem

May I bump once.
Hope someone can find out what caused my two blue screens, also the solutions.
Thanks a lot.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/123821-bsod-bad-pool-header-when-log-win7-others-bsod-problem.html
Relevancy 83.42%

Hi,

I was asked by someone to install Windows 7 on their Acer Aspire E1-570 running windows 8.1.
I have since formatted the drive and installed Windows 7, but now I get an error stating the above, No Bootable Device, Hit Any Key.

I think I'll need to reinstall whatever partitions etc. Acer had originally setup on there because currently there's no option to find the drive at all.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

A:Acer Laptop, Error: "No Bootable Device" After installing OEM Win7

Did you follow all the steps to Downgrade Windows 8 to Windows 7 ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/367828-acer-laptop-error-no-bootable-device-after-installing-oem-win7.html
Relevancy 83.42%

For about the past 3 month I have started to see fairly frequent app crashes with the "application has stopped working error". It appears this started the week of 4/8 (from what I can tell via Reliability Monitor.)

Here are some of the applications that have been affected:
Zune.exe
wlmail.exe
Microsoft intellipoint
Windows Desktop Gadgets

I did not make any major system/application changes (besides plugging in a new wireless keyboard temporarily)

My system is a Dell XPS 420 running Windows 7 Ultimate x86 (about 4 years old). OS runs on a 100GB SSD that was clean installed about 22 months ago.

Trying to find out if there is some larger issue mounting. Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you!

A:Frequent "application has stopped working" error messages -Win7 x86

Device Concerns:
Code:
XPS MiniView USB\VID_BEEF&PID_0006\AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA This device is disabled.
Was the above intentional? If so, please explain your troubleshooting steps.
Analysis:Your crashes all seem to stem from the same source:
Code:
Event[2162]:
Log Name: Application
Source: Application Error
Date: 2012-07-05T15:14:38.000
Event ID: 1000
Task: Application Crashing Events
Level: Error
Opcode: Info
Keyword: Classic
User: N/A
User Name: N/A
Computer: MediaCenterSSD
Description:
Faulting application name: ipoint.exe, version: 8.20.468.0, time stamp: 0x4e320b14
Faulting module name: ipoint.exe, version: 8.20.468.0, time stamp: 0x4e320b14
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x000ab79e
Faulting process id: 0x820
Faulting application start time: 0x01cd5ac4c65b5408
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Microsoft IntelliPoint\ipoint.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Microsoft IntelliPoint\ipoint.exe
Report Id: 0bac771a-c6de-11e1-affa-00222cffffff
See if re-installing your Microsoft Mouse software resolves your problems. First, uninstall the software through Start Menu -> Control Panel -> Uninstall a program. Then download the latest version of the software if you can. If it is not available for download, use your disc that came with your mouse. Install the software fresh.

My understanding of the information given in your logs came from Microsoft IntelliPoint Readme and Release Notes. Good luck!

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/239025-frequent-application-has-stopped-working-error-messages-win7-x86.html
Relevancy 83.42%

So something happened to my Windows partition this morning I got a cannot "Disk read partition error", Win7 boot random BSOD while working and now Windows won't post Instead I'm greeting with this Quote A disk read error occurred Press Ctrl Alt Del to restart If I boot from my Windows DVD and attempt a startup repair it does not recognize any windows installation so it doesn't really do anything when "Disk read error", cannot boot Win7 partition I attempt the startup repair All it says is Quote Root cause found System "Disk read error", cannot boot Win7 partition volume on disk is corrupt Repair action File system repair chkdsk Result Completed successfully Error code x When I go to command prompt I cannot access my C partition at all I can however access my D partition from the same hard drive which has all my data I've tried some bootrec commands but it didn't seem to fix it I've used Diskpart to make the C partition active Diskpart can still see the C partition but I can't seem to get access to the partition Worst case scenario I could format the C partition and make a clean install I may have to because previously my windows install wasn't running so well However I'd really like to be able to access the C partition first to backup my settings and programs Really hoping someone here could offer some helpful suggestions Thanks very much

A:"Disk read error", cannot boot Win7 partition

Here's some more info. When I go to command prompt from the Windows DVD and run the command bootsect.exe /nt60 all /force, for the C:\ drive it says:

Quote:
Could not open the volume root directory:
The parameter is incorrect

When I try to access the C:\ drive from the command prompt, it says "The disk structure is corrupted and unreadable"

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/138761-disk-read-error-cannot-boot-win7-partition.html
Relevancy 83.42%

Every since I upgraded to Win7 Pro 64bit from Win7 Pro 32bit I have been getting "The DNS server isn?t responding" error randomly and constantly (I attached the most current reports). I got rid of the Windows drivers and went straight to the Intel site for the drivers.....issue remains. Tried a complete power cycle of the router and modem....issue remains (No other computers are having the DNS issues, wired and wireless). I disabled the Bonjour Service (mDNSResponder.exe)......issue remains. The is driving me nuts and I notice that the only way I can force the connection is to disable and enable the NIC. Any help?! Thanks!

A:Constant error: "The DNS server isnít responding" (Win7 Pro 64bit)

Hi charliearthur, flush your dns cache and run namebench - Download to find the best dns service in your area.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/177462-constant-error-dns-server-isn-t-responding-win7-pro-64bit.html
Relevancy 83.42%

Hello registered to get some help with setting up a desktop PC seven forums seems like good place to start I've made a bootable USB Win x installation stick using Rufus following the instructions to the letter and the PC Win7 "A Ocurred" USB Read bootable Error Disk gave me quot A disk read error occured quot on boot I formatted it in NTFS bytes allocation unit Win7 bootable USB "A Disk Read Error Ocurred" size and i'm having doubts if this is the correct way to do it I've repeated the process with Yumi USB Creator and the speed at which it was copying the files was rather slow - around KB s Now i've successfuly booted the USB but when i start the installation te Windows Boot Manager gives me this imgur the simple image sharer My main question is am i Win7 bootable USB "A Disk Read Error Ocurred" doing something wrong with how i prepare the USB do i need to format it again in a different way or is it something with how the PC Win7 bootable USB "A Disk Read Error Ocurred" is set up in BIOS it does see the stick just doesn't want to boot It's a relatively old machine i built for the household from parts i scrounged up from my attic specs are in my profile Thanks in advance Aeqvinox

A:Win7 bootable USB "A Disk Read Error Ocurred"

If it's not UEFI BIOS then I'd use the latest official ISO and download tool in Clean Reinstall Windows 7
then stick with those steps to get and keep a perfect install.

For any further problem Troubleshoot Windows 7 Installation Failures - Windows 7 Help Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/358395-win7-bootable-usb-disk-read-error-ocurred.html
Relevancy 82.99%

Note I apologize in advance for the second-hand information I will be seeing this in person in the morning but thought I might go armed with some insight from you all TIA A daughter of a friend just bought Win Pro x from her university bookstore and when she put the DVD into her laptop version" x64 on ? Vista error: Win7 "wrong laptop... stating install drive she is greeted with a quot wrong version quot or quot incorrect version quot error message She tells me she is running Vista I am assuming x and that she has GB of memory Has anybody ever Win7 x64 install error: stating "wrong version" on Vista laptop... ? heard of something similar happening She told me that she has almost all of her Win7 x64 install error: stating "wrong version" on Vista laptop... ? info on an EHD so I told her to backup whatever else she wanted to keep off of the HDD and when I visit tomorrow we will attempt to do the install most likely a Win7 x64 install error: stating "wrong version" on Vista laptop... ? custom install for a fresh start laptop years old Since I have read in several places here on the forums that the key included with the disc is good for both x and x versions of Win if it turns out that she has lt GB of RAM is it possible to install the x from the disc If so is it easy to locate If not is there someplace we can dl it from She tells me that she uses it mostly for Office reports presentations etc and used to run games on it not sure what type so I don't know if she would quot need quot x unless she has GB of RAM right Any info would be greatly appreciated If there are any specific questions I should be asking of her or things to look for when I am in front of the laptop please let me know I will check in here before I take off in the morning and also follow-up with findings in the evening Hopefully this is an easy fix and a custom install will do the trick but I like to be prepared Thanks VSP

A:Win7 x64 install error: stating "wrong version" on Vista laptop... ?

as far as i understood you entered the Key that came with Windows 7 DVD, if so then she should go back to the store, cuz the key is wrong and ask for at least trying to install it infront of her. and for running windows 7 smoothly you need at least 2GB ram, Core 2 Duo processor with 2GH frequency and 3 MB L2 Cach, in this case it will run smoothly.
Now a starting fix will be: Check if the processor is compatible with x64, also when is the message appearing after doing what?
cuz i don't know what to say until i know where the message starts appearing

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/97178-win7-x64-install-error-stating-wrong-version-vista-laptop.html
Relevancy 82.99%

Hello!

I've tried everything I can to get rid of this problem but couldn't get it solved.
I have a win7 x64 Pro Asus B43J, Intel i5 M560, 8GB ram laptop. I've bought it about 3 months ago. At the beginning it BSODd after being idle for about 10 minutes which went away after reinstalling the OS last week, but now I have this problem of random BSODs while I'm browsing the net or running Photoshop.
For example I'm unable to download any Windows update because after 2 minutes into it the computer crashes.
Ran a full scan with Microsoft Sec Essentials and Ms Malicious Software removal Tool but didn't find anything. Also ran the MS memory diagnostic tool which also indicated that everything is fine.

I've attached the minidump as a rar could anyone pls look into it and advice me what to do?

Thank you!

T

A:Win7 crashes "randomly" BSOD

Forgot to mention that yes it is an OEM system and WIn7 was originally installed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/188571-win7-crashes-randomly-bsod.html
Relevancy 82.99%

Very slow or failed shutdowns with BSOD 0x0000009F

OS=Windows 7 x64 Ultimate, clean install of MSDN media.
System Age = 2yrs old, Windows 7 install 6 months old
HP 6930p Notebook
Core 2 Duo T9600
8GB RAM

Help much appreciated.

A:BSOD "9F" HP 6930p Win7 x64 Ultimate

Please have a look in Device Manager and uninstall ALL of disabled and not installed devices - there's at least 45 of them!!! (mostly printers and a bluetooth device)

Please uninstall Samsung Kies to see if that helps. It has been known to have some issues with Win7 systems.

3 of the memory dumps indirectly blame nwififlt.sys - a driver for your Virtual wifi device (I presume in one of your VM's). Please test by shutting down all of your VM's (and unloading the VM software) to see if that fixes the BSOD's. If that works, then open up the VM's one-by-one and see which one causes the crash(es).

OLDER DRIVERS PRESENT IN THE DUMP FILES
- Create a System Restore Point prior to doing any of this. DO NOT mess with the drivers themselves - leave the Windows\System32\drivers directory alone unless we specifically direct you to it!
- Please update these drivers from the device manufacturer's website - or uninstall them from your system. Reference links are included below.
- DO NOT use Windows Update or the Update Drivers function of Device Manager.
- Please feel free to post back about any drivers that you are having difficulty locating.
- Windows Update exceptions may be noted below for Windows drivers:

Quote:

Code:

vmbus.sys Sat Nov 20 04:57:29 2010 (4CE79B89)
winhv.sys Sat Nov 20 04:20:02 2010 (4CE792C2)
amdxata.sys Fri Mar 19 12:18:18 2010 (4BA3A3CA)
PxHlpa64.sys Wed Mar 12 21:58:17 2008 (47D88A39)
VBoxNetAdp.sys Thu Feb 17 11:21:07 2011 (4D5D4AF3)
MpFilter.sys Tue Sep 14 20:19:28 2010 (4C901110)
btwavdt.sys Thu Jun 25 01:50:13 2009 (4A431015)
hidbth.sys Mon Jul 13 20:06:52 2009 (4A5BCC1C)
btwaudio.sys Wed Jul 01 09:54:56 2009 (4A4B6AB0)
btwl2cap.sys Fri Apr 03 20:28:45 2009 (49D6A9BD)
btwrchid.sys Thu Jun 25 01:51:37 2009 (4A431069)
point64.sys Tue Dec 14 06:09:25 2010 (4D075065)
ATSwpWDF.sys Tue Nov 24 09:00:40 2009 (4B0BE708)
vpcnfltr.sys Sat Nov 20 06:35:20 2010 (4CE7B278)
nm3.sys Wed Jun 09 20:05:51 2010 (4C102C5F) - Network Monitor 3 NDIS 6.0 Monitoring Filter Driver
vpcvmm.sys Sat Nov 20 06:35:48 2010 (4CE7B294)
rdpdispm.sys Thu Aug 19 19:20:11 2010 (4C6DBC2B)
HpqKbFiltr.sys Wed Apr 29 09:48:30 2009 (49F85AAE)
rismcx64.sys Mon Jul 20 05:30:52 2009 (4A64394C)
NETw5s64.sys Wed Jan 13 11:37:13 2010 (4B4DF6B9)
rimmpx64.sys Thu Jun 25 04:04:18 2009 (4A432F82)
tpm.sys Mon Jul 13 19:21:48 2009 (4A5BC18C)
atikmdag.sys Mon Aug 17 23:05:47 2009 (4A8A1A8B)
e1y62x64.sys Fri Jun 12 21:16:42 2009 (4A32FDFA)
SynTP.sys Thu Jun 03 21:27:13 2010 (4C085671)
cpqbttn.sys Tue Feb 23 15:44:48 2010 (4B843E40)
serscan.sys Mon Jul 13 20:35:32 2009 (4A5BD2D4)
GEARAspiWDM.sys Mon May 18 08:17:04 2009 (4A1151C0)
mcdbus.sys Tue Feb 24 05:34:07 2009 (49A3CD1F)
vpcusb.sys Sat Nov 20 06:35:31 2010 (4CE7B283)
usbrpm.sys Sat Nov 20 06:37:19 2010 (4CE7B2EF)
vpchbus.sys Sat Nov 20 06:35:38 2010 (4CE7B28A)
NisDrvWFP.sys Tue Sep 14 20:20:25 2010 (4C901149)
ADIHdAud.sys Mon May 18 13:31:55 2009 (4A119B8B)
exfat.SYS Mon Jul 13 19:23:29 2009 (4A5BC1F1) - exFAT file system driver
agrsm64.sys Mon Nov 10 10:01:35 2008 (49184CCF)
MpNWMon.sys Tue Sep 14 20:19:30 2010 (4C901112)
Accelerometer.sys Wed Apr 20 14:54:26 2011 (4DAF2BE2)
lvuvc64.sys Tue Nov 09 21:37:14 2010 (4CDA055A)
lvrs64.sys Tue Nov 09 21:36:46 2010 (4CDA053E)
hpdskflt.sys Fri Jul 16 11:02:38 2010 (4C40748E)
BackupReader.sys Mon Jan 10 15:11:21 2011 (4D2B67E9)
Accelerometer.sys Fri Jul 16 11:02:38 2010 (4C40748E)

http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#vmbus.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#winhv.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#amdxata.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#PxHlpa64.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#VBoxNetAdp.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#MpFilter.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#btwav... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-9f-hp-6930p-win7-x64-ultimate-575493.html
Relevancy 82.99%

Hi

I have a
win7 64bit
Processor Intel (R) Core(TM) i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30Ghz 3.60Ghz
8GB Ram
Manufacture : Gigabyte
Rating: 5.0 Window experience Index

I have brought a 4 USB 3.0 2.0 PCI-E PCIE USB Port Express Expansion card

I fitted it to my pc, loaded the drivers and it was working great until I went to close down the pc, it came up with fatal error it shutdown my pc and i had to go into safe mode to remove the drivers for pci-e card. i have tried every pci slot x3 still not working.

Does anyone know what might be wrong?

Thanks

A:installed 4x port usb to Window 7 pc - USB wont read + win7 "FATAL ERROR" message

Quote:

Originally Posted by soash

Hi

I have a
win7 64bit
Processor Intel (R) Core(TM) i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30Ghz 3.60Ghz
8GB Ram
Manufacture : Gigabyte
Rating: 5.0 Window experience Index

I have brought a 4 USB 3.0 2.0 PCI-E PCIE USB Port Express Expansion card

I fitted it to my pc, loaded the drivers and it was working great until I went to close down the pc, it came up with fatal error it shutdown my pc and i had to go into safe mode to remove the drivers for pci-e card. i have tried every pci slot x3 still not working.

Does anyone know what might be wrong?

Thanks

Check your BIOS for settings on that port you seated that pci card in.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/installed-4x-port-usb-to-window-7-pc-usb-wont-read-win7-fatal-error-message-646284.html
Relevancy 82.99%

Win 7-64 on Gateway FX6860 i7 system 8gm ram tons of HD space.
========================
Got "Page Failed to Load" error attempting to change my Win7-64bit display resolution.
This used to work, but no more ( don't know what might have caused it)

I ran "sfc /scannow". SFC reported that there were corrupted files that could not be repaired or replaced and to look at CBS.log. I did but can make no sense out of it.

Please find that file attached -- Any help will be appreciated.....

thank you,
Chuck

A:"Page Failed to Load" error attempting to change my Win7-64bit display

Run the system file check again. Sometimes it requires multiple runs. Reboot after each run (or before the first run if you have not rebooted since the last time you ran the check).Run SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker up to three times to fix all errors with a restart in between each. Post back if it continues to show errors after a fourth run or if the first run comes back with no integrity violations. Use OPTION THREE of SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker to provide us with the sfcdetails.txt file if errors occur.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/227054-page-failed-load-error-attempting-change-my-win7-64bit-display.html
Relevancy 82.99%

I'm having trouble installing windows 7 from my flash drive onto my netbook that runs winxp.

I followed the steps from this website

http://www.intowindows.com/how-to-cr.../#comment-3955

Where I used UNetbootin on my Vaio (Vista) laptop computer to burn an iso image to my flash drive. I then booted up my netbook, entered BIOS, changing the USB booting priority to the USB. However, I then get the error bessage "Error BOOTMGR is missing ctr alt del"

What do I do? I'm getting really frustrated!

A:"Error BOOTMGR is missing" when installing win7

HOW TO: Install Windows 7 from a USB stick

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/26528-error-bootmgr-missing-when-installing-win7.html
Relevancy 82.99%

It was working fine yesterday but this morning it never got past the Win logo on a black screen usually it boots in seconds or so I swapped the SSD boot disk with the SATA disk it had replaced in and this boots up fine I tried booting from the Win DVD when the SSD was still plugged in system restore had no available restore points startup repair failed to fix the problem I've now got the SSD plugged into a USB port on a spare laptop and can browse the contents of the disk Looking into this error it seems it can be caused driver" bad error won't - start "0xc000000e Win7 by a corrupt BCD hive but I don't know how to fix this Is it possible to repair a Windows installation if it's on what is now an external disk Do I have to boot from the DVD to do this Currently I'm working on the spare laptop which the SSD is plugged into and the broken machine has booted into its old copy of Windows on the old SATA disk but obviously everything's Win7 won't start - "0xc000000e bad driver" error nearly two years out of date so I'd rather get the SSD version back on its feet if possible

A:Win7 won't start - "0xc000000e bad driver" error

There is a problem with AVG at the moment (since yesterday). You simply need to uninstall it. Let me try to find my post in another thread.

Here it is:
Windows 7 stuck on "starting windows" screen

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/373272-win7-wont-start-0xc000000e-bad-driver-error.html
Relevancy 82.56%

I cannot open User Accounts in Control Panel, I keep getting ...

Microsoft (R) HTML Application host has encountered a problem and needs to close.

Anyone with a fix? . My appreciations in advance!

A:"User Accounts" in Control panel wont Open-Error is "Html application Host Error"

Do you have a recovery restore install disc or partition?
You can try doing a repair or system file check...
Scan For Missing/Corrupt System Files...

Windows XP comes with a wonderful tool called System File Checker (SFC)
Itscans and verifies the versions of all protected system files after you restart your computer...
To Do This:
Click Start menu, and then click the Run icon.
In the small box that Opens, type the three letters: cmd then click the OK button.
In the command prompt window that just opened (a black background and white text), type the following command:
SFC /scannow
And then click OK
You must be logged on as a member of the Administrators group to run SFC..
You will need your Windows XP CD during this procedure if SFC needs to get an original file. Please remember that Windows XP can have multiple instances of a .DLL file and remember which version is for which program.
Notes....
I have been asked if it is possible to have a "progress meter" show when SFC runs... This is the registry hack you need. PLEASE do not go messing with your registry if you do NOT know what you are doing!
System Key: [HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]
Value Name: SFCShowProgress
Data Type: REG_DWORD (DWORD Value)
Value Data: (0 = disabled, 1 = enabled)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/user-accounts-in-control-panel-wont-open-error-is-html-application-host-error.744934/
Relevancy 82.56%

Hello,

I need help with this Diskette issue please. "Diskette Drive 0 Seek Failure"
I've had this problem a few times in a couple of years and I have been able to fix the error by pressing F2 and going to the SETUP. And I've done this with no issues. But this time I thought I fixed it but now I get this new error: "A disk read error occurred Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart". After I press Ctrl+Alt+Del it takes me back to the same error massage "A disk read error occurred Press Ctrl+Alt+Del to restart". Need help please. This is a Dell Desktop, Windows XP.
Thank you.

Sue

A:"Diskette Drive 0 Seek Failure" Error Then "A disk read error occurred Press Ctrl..."

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/diskette-drive-0-seek-failure-error-then-a-disk-read-error-occurred-press-ctrl.1112549/
Relevancy 82.13%

I purchased an HP slimline back in January of gets Premium 651" "error Win7 Home an for at Best Buy and I never turned it off ever since except for power failures in my area Last month the screen was going off and Win7 Home Premium gets an "error 651" on Strange cuz I never encountered this before I opened it and everything seems to be in place like all cables from the switch to the motherboard was okay and nothing seems to have loose wiring I disassembled it to make sure the wires are tightly connected Whenever I turn it on it would only give me one blue blink So I opted to have it repaired Couldn't really do much in search for a reasonably priced technician and so I called this guy from the Yellow Pages of my iPhone He and diagnosed it as a dead power supply I came to agree with him and told me it will be and he is willing to bring it down to go down to In short he did the haggling by himself He said that it will take a couple of days to get my computer running in hood condition and that the part power supply and told me this part is never sold at stores I wanted my computer fixed so I wrote him a check for In days he calls me and tell me everything is fine He gave me ack the computer on Friday past PM I checked it out the next day and it was glacier-fast but I did not give up on it especially after spending that much It took me a loooong time to get from website to another and after a few days I realized that I am waiting for eternity to get to another site Btw I never had seen a working You Tube at all It just gives E a snowy screen which says an error has occurred I am getting impatient so I had emailed the technician every time I come to a road block I could not get anywhere with this computer so I tried System Restore which did not work so I finally decided to Recover to factory settings and willing to lose all my data of years Now that Recovey finished my computer's password and probably the username are not recognized by the homegroup network and I am getting an Error I emailed the guy and told him everything This guy never responded to my prior emails yet now he replies and told me that I should have told him before I went into the Recovery mode and tells me that he can fix it with a fee Where in this world was I ever so lucky to pluck this money grubbing tech from a multitude of technicians Please let me know what you think and of course I need your help Thanks a lot

A:Win7 Home Premium gets an "error 651"

Error 651 is associated with Modem Response Error ? Are u sure about the erroe message .. if u able to login the system ...post the error from event log bro...we get a clear idea...
Or Y dont u change the Power Cord , if the Monitor goes off and Turn On By Himself Means it coz due to Cheap adaptor card...get a New VGA Cable and let us know how u go...
Thanks,
Suren

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/244151-win7-home-premium-gets-error-651-a.html
Relevancy 82.13%

Hello i was running the window performance check tool to get the rating and my computer had a BSOD the code is below on the BSOD it also said uncorrectable hardware error x issue ANy help would be amazing its a new computer and i ran the memtest both rd party and windows also ran the hdd check errors and updated my drives I only so far have recieved this BSOD Performance was Rating window running "BugcheckCode">292Data screen once i have tryed to get the BSOD but i havent been able to spend tons of time to get it to pop up i only have had the computer day Thank you soo much for the help Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt - lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power quot Guid quot C B A- - C -AC E- C D B quot gt lt EventID gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt System gt - lt EventData gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckCode quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt xfffffa d BSOD was running window Performance Rating "BugcheckCode">292Data d lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt xb lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x c lt Data gt lt Data Name quot SleepInProgress quot gt false lt Data BSOD was running window Performance Rating "BugcheckCode">292Data gt BSOD was running window Performance Rating "BugcheckCode">292Data lt Data Name quot PowerButtonTimestamp quot gt lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt

A:BSOD was running window Performance Rating "BugcheckCode">292Data

Welcome to the forum
Try to see the following thread:

Good luck

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/229182-bsod-running-window-performance-rating-bugcheckcode-292data.html
Relevancy 81.7%

I need a freeware program that will torture the cpu so I can se how hot I'll be able to get it under full load for about 15 minutes which is more than this machine will ever get. I have one called cpu load but I had another one awhile back that really seemed to give her the treatment. Anybody know of any? I can't remember my name anymore, let alone a program. Thanks.

Relevancy 81.7%

In Windows XP, fully updated, I have several folders full of mp3's and want to see the bit rate and duration. I right click on a column heading and select "Bit rate". I then click on "More..." so I can get to "Duration", and I select that one too.

But all the figures in the "Duration" column appear to be in "hours" and "minutes", so I see "00:04" or "00:03", but what I want is "minutes" and "seconds".

Any thoughts as to how to change this?

A:Solved: Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes"

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-explorer-duration-column-no-seconds-just-hours-and-minutes.693037/
Relevancy 81.7%

Hello I've tried for months on troubleshooting this BSOD i've read other similar BSODs and used the same fixes if they pertain to my situation I've also tried disabling virtual memory Even after my upgrade on hard drive and RAM the problem still occurs I'm no BSOD expert and now i've exhausted all options to my ability The problem occurs randomly when i while "Bluestacks" BSOD running - ntoskrnl.exe+748c0 run Bluestacks an android emulator Sometimes it will happen within minutes sometimes over night when i leave bluestacks running or sometimes i can run bluestacks for BSOD ntoskrnl.exe+748c0 - while running "Bluestacks" days straight It's very random i haven't figured it out yet Please help with this matter I have uploaded BSOD ntoskrnl.exe+748c0 - while running "Bluestacks" an archive as instructed from this forum Some quick info on my pc Win Ultimate x Crucial BX GB SATA Inch Internal Solid State Drive Transcend PC - DDR - GB V pin SO-DIMM Kit GB NVIDIA GeForce GT M updated to the latest drivers Intel R HD Graphics If anyone could talk me through how to pinpoint which driver is causing the BSOD i would greatly appreciate it BSOD ntoskrnl.exe+748c0 - while running "Bluestacks" and perhaps help me with assisting others on their BSODs as well If you need additional information please reply with your requests thank you

A:BSOD ntoskrnl.exe+748c0 - while running "Bluestacks"

You have an ASUS OEM PID on that machine which means your Windows is counterfeit.

Code:
Host Name: KARTUNE
OS Name: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
OS Version: 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
OS Manufacturer: Microsoft Corporation
OS Configuration: Standalone Workstation
OS Build Type: Multiprocessor Free
Registered Owner: Karl
Registered Organization: TEAM OS
Product ID: 00426-OEM-8992662-00173 ---> ASUS PID
Original Install Date: 3/14/2015, 5:57:54 PM
System Boot Time: 5/28/2015, 7:21:06 AM
System Manufacturer: CLEVO CO.
System Model: W110ER
System Type: x64-based PC
Counterfeit installations such as yours can contain heavily modified code that can cause the installation to behave it unexpected ways. Analysing BSODs and determining their causes on these sorts of installations is completely unreliable, and for this reason most analysts won't attempt it.

My recommendation is to install a genuine copy of Windows 7. This will minimise the problems you are experiencing and make subsequent diagnosis of BSODs far more reliable. Once you are running a genuine Windows 7 installation and are still experiencing BSODs, upload your new logs we will be happy to help you solve them.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/371190-bsod-ntoskrnl-exe-748c0-while-running-bluestacks.html
Relevancy 81.7%

OS Version Microsoft Windows Ultimate Service Pack bit Processor AMD FX tm - Six-Core Processor AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card AMD Radeon HD Series Mb Hard Drives A Total - BSOD error Games, Running 0x00000124 CERTAIN MB Free - MB C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd GA- FXA-UD Antivirus Microsoft Security Essentials Updated and Enabled I can't pin point the problem it's driving me mad My BSOD Running CERTAIN Games, error 0x00000124 computer keeps blue screening when I run games but it's not all games I can run Guild Wars on the max settings but I can't run a cell shaded game like Mabinogi on medium settings Borderlands crashes my computer literally the second I double click it and press PLAY on Steam Please help I'm losing my mind in anger One thing my PSU's fan died but I got an external fan to blow air into it from the back since then I've been able to play all the games that would've otherwise overheated my computer and shut it down so it's not that This is a new problem I've cleaned the holy hell out of it with Advance System Care Ultimate SuperAntiSpyware IOBit Uninstaller I've done it all Changed power settings made sure my graphics card wasn't overheating overclocking HELP

A:BSOD Running CERTAIN Games, error 0x00000124

Hi There,

These are hardware related,

Code:
BugCheck 124, {0, fffffa800da6c8f8, 0, 0}

Here's some info and things to try,

Let's do some hardware tests

Test your RAM modules for possible errors.
How to Test and Diagnose RAM Issues with Memtest86+
Run memtest for at least 8 passes, preferably overnight.
If it start showing errors/red lines, stop testing. A single error is enough to determine that something is going bad there.

Stress test the Graphics Card using Furmark.
Video Card - Stress Test with Furmark

Stress test the CPU.
Hardware - Stress Test With Prime95

Are you overclocking? As you are getting BSODs, you should stop overclocking and run all the hardware components like CPU, GPU and RAM to their default settings.

Is the computer hot? Report us the heat of the computer after a couple of hours of your normal usage. Upload a screenshot of the summery tab of Speccy. Alternatively, you can publish a Speccy snapshot too: Speccy - Publish Snapshot of your System Specs .

Let us know the results.

And get rid of that IOBIT garbage you're playing with, that stuff is snake oil.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/336516-bsod-running-certain-games-error-0x00000124.html
Relevancy 81.27%

Seriously?
Really?
There is only one log on for this comptuer...mine.
Logic would dictate that I am the administrator...

Is there a way to run some sort of script at log on or is there some way to assign a log on so that I AM ALWAYS the administrator?
No one else uses this machine so, having to right click and "Run as administrator" seems just silly.

It's windows 7. The 64 bit instal.

A:"run as administrator" "browser not running with Administrative Privileges"

hi grumpops,

goto control panel-user accounts and then change user account control settings, move slider down to disable it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/run-as-administrator-browser-not-running-with-administrative-privileges-562989.html
Relevancy 81.27%

I just ran "sfc /scannow", got the message "Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. Details are included in the CBS.Log ...". I opened that with texteditor, and found 4
Code:
Cannot repair member file [l:36{18}]"Amd64\CNBJ2530.DPB of prncacla.inf ...

lines in the textfile. I read somewhere that one way to resolve this is to get the Windows 8 installation disk. However, I don't have that with me. What else can I do to fix this? Thanks

A:"Cannot repair member file " after running "sfc /scannow"

Try---

Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup
sfc /scannow
Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
sfc /scannow

Reboot.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/59021-cannot-repair-member-file-after-running-sfc-scannow.html
Relevancy 81.27%

I have a Dell Precision M60 workstation, and currently use XP Pro SP2.

I replaced my hardrive earlier this year. After reinstalling all the software and updating everything, my computer ran very slow, and would freeze without an error message when using any office program.

I have contacted dell about this. They checked out my computer remotely and said everything was OK. Then they tried to run "detect and repair" for Office 2003. It took about 15 minutes to configure, then we got an error. The tech told me all he could recommend is to reinstall office. So I did. Same problem happening, and same error when I try to run detect and repair.

I don't know what to do next! Any suggestions? Thanks

A:Error when running "detect & repair" in Microsoft Office 2003

Welcome to TSF....

Go thru add/remove programs in control panel and find Microsoft office 2003 and click the change button then when asked run the repair option that is on the screen.

THe office 2003 disks are they original install disks from Microsoft?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/error-when-running-detect-and-repair-in-microsoft-office-2003-a-281296.html
Relevancy 81.27%

When I logged on this am- it announced there was a problem with my hard drive-but Computer with Running identified Serious virus Error" from AVG,"Recovered Alot,no nothing more I ran the scans- nothing there However- the computer shut down and the error message was this C DOCUME OWNER LOCALS TEMP WERa dor mini dmp C DOCUME OWNER LOCALS WERa dir sysdata sm It s been running alot for a few days- since Friday and there was a virus on it- which I removed and confirmed by running scan agaign in safe mode I ran this yesterday- and removed the Symentec no longer use AdManCtl KazzaLite -but didn t help screens keep freezing up help brenda Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP Computer Running Alot,no virus identified with AVG,"Recovered from Serious Error" SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINNT System smss exe C WINNT SYSTEM winlogon exe C WINNT system services exe C WINNT system lsass exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT System Computer Running Alot,no virus identified with AVG,"Recovered from Serious Error" svchost exe C Program Files Sygate SPF smc exe C WINNT system spoolsv exe C Program Files AVPersonal AVGUARD EXE C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgamsvr exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgupsvc exe C Program Files AVPersonal AVWUPSRV EXE C WINNT system CTsvcCDA EXE C WINNT System nvsvc exe C WINNT System svchost exe C WINNT Explorer EXE C Program Files Visual Networks Visual IP InSight SBC IPClient exe C Program Files Visual Networks Visual IP InSight SBC IPMon exe C Program Files AVPersonal AVSched EXE C Program Files Internet Spy InternetSpy exe C WINNT system CTF ctfmon exe C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe C PROGRA Grisoft AVGFRE avgcc exe C WINNT system CTHELPER EXE C WINNT System qttask exe C PROGRA SBCSEL SMARTB MotiveSB exe C WINNT system SK DM EXE C WINNT GWMDMMSG exe C WINNT System spool DRIVERS W X E S I G EXE C Program Files Admanager Controller AdManCtl exe C Program Files Adaptec Easy CD Creator DirectCD DirectCD exe C WINNT System svchost exe C Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync WCESCOMM EXE C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Creative MediaSource Detector CTDetect exe C QUICKENW QWDLLS EXE C Program Files SBC Self Support Tool bin mpbtn exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OUTLOOK EXE C Program Files Microsoft Office Office WINWORD EXE C PROGRA WINZIP wzqkpick exe C WINNT system NOTEPAD EXE C PROGRA WINZIP winzip exe C Documents and Settings Owner Local Settings Temp HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http www yahoo com search ie html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www MyCopper net R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http red clientapps yahoo com cus search ie html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http yahoo sbc com dsl R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http red clientapps yahoo com cus www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Window Title Copper net Internet Explorer R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride lt local gt O - BHO IEWatch Spy - DDD - E- B- A D-D - C Program Files Internet Spy iewatcher dll O - BHO AIM Helper - D E A - - -B D -B A DE C - C Program Files AIM Toolbar aimhelper dll file missing O - Toolbar Yahoo Companion - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn ycomp dll O - HKLM Run IPInSightLAN quot C Program Files Visual Networks Visual IP InSight SBC IPClient exe quot -l O - HKLM Run IPInSightMonitor quot C Program Files Visual Networks Visual IP InSight SBC IPMon exe quot O - HKLM Run SmcService C PROGRA Sygate SPF smc exe -startgui O - HKLM Run AVSCHED C Program Files AVPersonal AVSched EXE min O - HKLM Run InternetSpy C Program Files Internet Spy Interne... Read more

A:Computer Running Alot,no virus identified with AVG,"Recovered from Serious Error"

i run AVG also and have had no problems. i also run panda free on line scan once a week. it takes some time but i think you should try it. website below i see you have a lot of symantec files showing. you should not be running two anti virus programs together.

http://www.pandasoftware.com/activescan/com/activescan_principal.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-running-alot-no-virus-identified-with-avg-recovered-from-serious-error.333861/
Relevancy 81.27%

On one system I am getting this error message once every day or two. The hard drive has over 300GB available. The verbatim error message shows nothing in Google.

It reads:
"The space on the hard drive is running low. Currently only xMB is free. Please free space by deleting unused files."

Now it shows 71MB free. Any thoughts?

A:Error Message "The space on the hard drive is running low" isn't true

so do you have 300 gb? or only 71 mb? because if its 71 mb, u have got some major cleaning to do. I doubt that though, some viruses clutter the hard drive. If you have plenty of room, and your still getting the message then you can follow these instructions to remove the annoying message.

Low Disk Space Warning in Vista - Vista Forums

1. open regedit
2. go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\Explorer
3. Right click explorer and then select new then DWORD (32 bit value)
4. name it NoLowDiskSpaceChecks
5. right click it and press modify
6. change its value to 1 in hexadecimal form then press ok
7. log out and back in and message should be gone.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/248067-error-message-space-hard-drive-running-low-isnt-true.html
Relevancy 81.27%

Hey I receieved a Rootkit virus error 7 by 0x0000005 caused with running... Recovery" Rootkit/"Windows nothing last night alongside quot Windows Recovery quot and it emerged into something nasty today I followed the 0x0000005 error with nothing running... caused by Rootkit/"Windows 7 Recovery" fairly routine steps to remove it but realised I was still being redirected I'm running Windows Ultimate and it was pre-installed so I don't have the disk Initially I checked my internet browser wasn't using a proxy Fixed my Windows host file to read only quot quot etc Scanned with RKill and it quot terminated quot the rootkit Used Unhide to recover hidden files on the Desktop I was still getting redirected from Google so I Then checked Unhack Me found nothing Continually cleared all Cookies Tried to run TDSKILLER it did nothing but 0x0000005 error with nothing running... caused by Rootkit/"Windows 7 Recovery" Bluescreen me I then used GMER as an alternative and it's came up with scan results but nothing in red Ran Combofix - nothing Ran a full scan on MBAM - nothing found Ran a full scan on Spybot - nothing found Ran a full scan on Pandascan - nothing found Ran a full scan on CCleaner cleaning EVERYTHING possible Ran a full scan on Spyware Doctor - nothing found Installed Spyware Blaster Ran Killbox - nothing found Checked that nothing fishy was running on Security Task Manager Checked my Windows startup programs which were almost all Windows and NVIDIA I then noticed a file jlvmyfor exe in Program Files disguised as winamp which completely ruined the running of any process - including explorer exe when I restarted after a scan Now I have an error x for Firefox as soon as Windows starts up I'm guessing this is the virus trying to do something as I don't have Firefox run on startups normally jlvmyfor exe runs and I stop the process but even then - explorer still gets the same error message and I see nothing on the desktop Have just booted cmd exe and ran checkdisk and scandisk No joy Stated quot found corrupt files but was unable to repair some of them quot and I can't access the log it's directing me to I didn't get a Windows CD when I bought the laptop to recover it at all Really not sure what to do I need some of the files on the HDD Any help is much appreciated Thanks in advance

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/0x0000005-error-with-nothing-running-caused-by-rootkit-windows-7-recovery-578117.html
Relevancy 81.27%

I have a need to run two instances of Outlook on my laptops with two different profiles. I found this tool called ExtraOutlook v1.3, unzipped it and installed it on one of my laptops running Windows 7 Home Premium and Outlook 2010 and was able to get it to work - I can run two instances of Outlook with two separate profiles.

But on the laptop running Windows 7 Professional with Outlook 2010, I get the error "Function not found in Import Table".

I followed the same steps but I am getting an error. Can anyone provide an insight as to what might be causing the error and how to fix it?

Thanks in advance!

A:"Function not found in Import Table" Error running ExtraOutlook

Hello cong, welcome to Seven Forums.

I don't personally use ExtraOutlook, but take a look at this older thread. Maybe something will help:
2 instances of outlook 2010 at the same time

http://www.sevenforums.com/microsoft-office/261421-function-not-found-import-table-error-running-extraoutlook.html
Relevancy 81.27%

help computer running slow ran windows care and didn't detect my Internets loading really slowly error running slow!!! internet help.computer cannot be of "page get loaded." the and websites that usually load in couple of seconds now taking a couple of help.computer running slow!!! internet get the error of "page cannot be loaded." minites or sometimes it doesn't even load get the error of quot page cannot be help.computer running slow!!! internet get the error of "page cannot be loaded." loaded alps pointing-device has not passed windows logo testing to verify its compatibility c touchpad temp cannot install this hardware welcome to network diagnostics for windows xp Firefox can't find the server alps pointing-device has not passed windows logo testing to verify its compatibility with windows xp tell me why this testing is important comtiniuing your instatliation of this software may impair or destabilize the correct operation of your system either immediately or in the future microsft strongly recomends that you stop this installation now and contact the hardware vendor for software that has passed windows logo testing c touchpad temp cannot install this hardware there was a problem installing this hardware an error occurred during the instation of the device the driver cannot because it is either not digitally signed in the appropriate manner contact your hardware vendor click finish to close the wizard Server not found welcome to network diagnostics for windows xp this tool helps you identify and fix connection problems with your home network for computers connected to the internet using a broadband modem cable or dsl view last diagnostic log Firefox can't find the server Check the address for typing errors such as ww example com instead of www example com If you are unable to load any pages check your computer's network connection If your computer or network is protected by a firewall or proxy make sure that Firefox is permitted to access the Web

A:help.computer running slow!!! internet get the error of "page cannot be loaded."

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/help-computer-running-slow-internet-get-the-error-of-page-cannot-be-loaded-429871.html
Relevancy 81.27%

Icon Changer (Damian's Homepage) complains about lack of .net, despite .net 4(.5) and 3(.5) being preinstalled on Windows 10. Does it run on .net 2 or something else ancient?(running Windows 10 LTSB from July 2015)edit: probably better suited in software subforum

A:Icon Changer error: "no .net detected, please install before running"

Hi, I have it installed - no issues, except when running it it won't actually replace imageres.dll - I have to do that manually. Apparently I have v2,3,3.5 and 4 installed.

http://www.tenforums.com/customization/67848-icon-changer-error-no-net-detected-please-install-before-running.html
Relevancy 81.27%

I've reviewed and even tried a couple of the suggestions posted for ".... an error prevents this Slide Show ...." -- most deal with the "Screen Saver" situation, however, mine involves slide shows sent to me via my Yahoo e-mail address. I never had a problem viewing slide shows or pix of any kind, now, when I hit the "start" button on the slide show nothing happens. Does anyone have any suggestions? Again, I don't want to "Screen Save" anything, just run them in my e-mail as forwarded to me by friends/work.

Also, I don't know if the two problems are related, but I cannot "print" e-mails from my Yahoo.com mail either....unless I unplug the printer (also HP) for 15 seconds or so, then re-plug -- what happened? I have no problems printing from our AOL or ATT.net accounts. Thanks for any suggestions!

A:"... an error prevents Slide Show" from running in e-mail

With all due respect, it sounds like a Yahoo problem. Have you spoken with them?

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/295374-error-prevents-slide-show-running-e-mail.html
Relevancy 81.27%

Hi agaim to everyone,

having another problem with my Dad's computer that I can't seem to fix. He installed a new AIO printer from Dell, but its not responding to the PC. Any attempt to print or set-up results in the error message "print spooler service not running". I've tested the printer itself and it's fully functioning, so I'm assuming the problem lies within XP. Is there anyway to turn the print spooler on?

A:Error message: "Print spooler service is not running"

Go to Start>Run> in the box type "services.msc" click ok

Look in the list that appears for print spooler and set it to automatic.

Reboot the computer

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/error-message-print-spooler-service-is-not-running-131010.html
Relevancy 81.27%

I get that error (wmi related i think), when i try to check the policies on this client.. its an XP sp2 machine, a member of a 2003 domain..

I've tried removing the workstation from the domain, then deleting its account.. then renaming the machine and rejoining, but nothing has gotten me around this error..

Does anyone know what else to look for..

EIther way, i'm pretty sure GPO's arent being applied properly on this machine (actually there is another machine having a similar error as well).. I think on that machine.. the window that pops up after hitting rsop.msc, was something like "not found".

Thanks

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/initialization-failed-error-when-running-gpresult-or-rsop-msc-on-client-machine-192735.html
Relevancy 80.84%

Windows 7 comes with Sticky Notes, which is very nice. I use it often enough that I would like to put it in the list of options when you right click and choose "New". What is the best way to do that?
For that matter, what is the best way to trim this list, as it has stuff in it that serves no useful purpose for me.
I'll bet there is already a thread for this, if someone could please point me to it, I would be grateful.

A:Win7 - how to Add "Sticky Note" to right click "New".

Okay, Google is my friend. I found out how to trim the list, but I still don't know exactly how to add Sticky Notes to it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/win7-how-to-add-sticky-note-to-right-click-new-567441.html
Relevancy 80.84%

Hello everyone hopefully someone here can help me with this issue I've been having on and off for the past few months I built this PC myself back in October using new parts and a PSU and one backup HDD from my old build It has been running great up until around Christmas time when I started to get random BSODs which game when "irql_not_less_or_equal" running BSOD any of the time are irql not less or equal errors which only happen when I run a game Whenever I run a game it will run perfectly for a while and then out the blue even when it's just sitting doing nothing it will cause the PC to BSOD I've tested running various games and they all cause me to BSOD but the BSOD itself is difficult to replicate as one day I will BSOD continually and other days it will run fine it's BSOD when running any game "irql_not_less_or_equal" very confusing So far I've tried Learning BSOD when running any game "irql_not_less_or_equal" how to read dump files which didn't work other than leading me to a win driver fault but I couldn't find out what driver it was if that was even the issue in the first placeDisabling various things that were running in the background that may have caused issuesUnplugged various peripherals connected to my computer to see if it made a differenceRan Memtest for passes which came back all clearRan a couple of HDD tests as my old HDD before this build went bad so I still had them sitting on a couple of USB's also came back fineRan a few benchmarks on dmark and Furmark which didn't cause any BSODTried swapping memory into different DIMM slotsFinally yesterday I completely wiped off my old install and reinstalled Windows only to have it BSOD again with the same error as before All of my attempts at troubleshooting this have failed The only constant that keeps cropping up is in Event Viewer where I always get an Event id error I know Event Viewer isn't too helpful but this error always crops up a few seconds before my BSOD's so it may be connected I don't know They do however crop up randomly at other times and don't cause a BSOD but from googling it myself I found many others with the same motherboard and Skylake generation CPU as me who also get these id errors however they have their PC freeze up but not crash whereas I get a BSOD I apologise for writing a wall of text however I hope some of this is at least marginally useful for anyone who can help me with this its driving me mad Any help you guys and girls can give me will be greatly appreciated

A:BSOD when running any game "irql_not_less_or_equal"

Hello shad and welcome to Tenforums!

I see that you have performed a wee bit of test prior to posting which is always a handy as it is easier for us here at the forum to then narrow it down. While looking at your files I noticed one thing that you haven't done, and that is to flash the BIOS.

Your version 0802 is actually dragging behind a bit, the latest on is at 1105 and before the latest one there were 4 updates which improve system stability.

So if you please kindly head over to the ASUS Support page:
https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/Z1...Desk_Download/

And download the latest BIOS update, first you will have to choose your OS and then expand the BIOS link in blue text.

And don't apologize for the wall text, I rather have a buttload of information about the problem than having none.

Oh and if you are unfamiliar with how to flash the BIOS, you can use an ASUS tool called EZ Update which is bundled in the Asus AI Suite 3, and here is a page on how to perform it:
https://www.asus.com/support/faq/1012152

Cheers /Boris

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/38120-bsod-when-running-any-game-irql_not_less_or_equal.html
Relevancy 80.84%

I ve been having an ongoing problem with MSN Messenger causing my internet to stall intermittently and I d really like to see if I can get it resolved A few minutes after I run and connect to MSN my internet will stop working momentarily and my systray will show my Local Area Connection as quot network cable unplugged quot or something and then it ll go away and everything resumes I Messenger error Internet cable Solved: unplugged" causes "network MSN Running to stall, reconnect my MSN Messenger which has since been disconnected and a few minutes later the same will happen again and kill all my internet activity with the same quot network cable unplugged quot message or sometimes I may get quot no connectivity quot problems or something After a few rounds of disconnecting reconnecting things will seem to stabilize and I can actually use my MSN Solved: Running MSN Messenger causes Internet to stall, "network cable unplugged" error Messenger without it completely disrupting everything every few minutes but the problem will occur all over again in the future if I ever ran MSN again Anybody know what s up Thanks for the help nbsp

A:Solved: Running MSN Messenger causes Internet to stall, "network cable unplugged" error

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-running-msn-messenger-causes-internet-to-stall-network-cable-unplugged-error.593126/
Relevancy 80.84%

My problem is identical to kpk13's posted 1 week ago, but the solution that worked for him doesn't work for me. I'm trying to run Windows update on a Windows 7 laptop I haven't used in a while, and get the message "Windows update cannot currently check for updates, because the service is not running." However, both "Background Intelligent Transfer Service" and "Windows Update" services are running, as detailed in "Windows Update Cannot Check For Updates" error message when you try to install updates". The app in .../971058 claims to have fixed the problem but I still have it. Any suggestions?

A:Windows Update "Service Not Running" Error

Please follow the Windows Update Posting Instructions and post the requested data

If the file is too large (8MB compressed), remove the older CBSPersist cab files until the final file is below the limit - you can always post them separately after zipping them. (the forum doesn't allow the upload of bare CAB files, for a number of reasons)

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/355206-windows-update-service-not-running-error.html
Relevancy 80.84%

I am running windows home premium When I click quot Check for updates quot on Windows Update I get this error quot Windows Update cannot currently check for updates because the service is not running You may need to restart your computer quot However the services are running well started not sure if Not Running" Update Error Windows "Service that's different see attached I've tried restarting my computer several times and running the fix here quot Windows Update Cannot Check For Updates quot error message when you try to install updates I've tried manually Windows Update "Service Not Running" Error starting the service but get this error Code Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Windows system gt net start bits Windows Update "Service Not Running" Error The requested service has Windows Update "Service Not Running" Error already been started More help is available by typing NET HELPMSG C Windows system gt net start wuauserv The requested service has already been started More help is available by typing NET HELPMSG C Windows system gt It looks like there was a solution here Windows update quot Service Not Running Error quot but it's been removed by the poster Any suggestions PLEASE

A:Windows Update "Service Not Running" Error

Found my answer here:Win7 - Windows Update Error "Service is not running"

Quote: Originally Posted by VistaKing

Open up an Elevated Command Prompt. Click on in type CMD . Right click on CMD under Programs (1) choose . On the User Access Control window click on the Yes button . Command Prompt opens up to C:\Windows\System32>_

Input the commands one at a time and press [ENTER] after each command

Net stop wuauserv press [ENTER]
cd %systemroot% press [ENTER]
Ren SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old press [ENTER]
Net start wuauserv press [ENTER]

Try to run Windows Update again

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/353973-windows-update-service-not-running-error.html
Relevancy 80.84%

I've just puchased "Portal" & "Half-Life 2" from a store. I've install Portal on to my Pc computer which has Windows Vista. After the installation finishes I get a small updating screen and at 26% I this following message: "STEAM IS ALREADY RUNNING. YOU MAY ONLY RUN ONE COPY OF STEAM AT A TIME".

IF YOU CAN PROVIDES SOME ASSIST IN CLEARING THIS UP THAT WOULD BE GREAT TO HEAR FROM YOU.

Cheers,

Steve

Relevancy 80.84%

I went to try to run some updates since I have not done so in a little while, and I kept getting an error saying "Service not running". I tried the microsoft fit program, but that did not work. Upon further investigation I found that most of the update files (the .dll) were no longer on my machine. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:Windows 7 Update "Service Not Running" Error

Got the same error this morning on my netbook.
Do these: Cannot Run Windows Update on a Windows 7 PC? - Help Desk Geek

And tell if it helped.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/289541-windows-7-update-service-not-running-error.html
Relevancy 80.84%

Hi Guys:

I have created a macro( 2 line macro actually) that goes through my workbook and it supposed to clear the value from cells b1:b68 on main page. When I try to run the macro with the sheet protected I get a pop up that just says "400" in it with a red circle that has a white "X" through it, whit the sheet unprotected works perfectly !. Because it is a survey I need to protect teh content, to be manipulated by many. Can somebody give a clue? Here is the code:

Public Sub Clear()
Sheet1.Cells.Range("B17:B68").ClearContents
End Sub
Windows 7
MExcel 2010

Many thanks

Rod

Relevancy 80.84%

Hi, I have seen searching for a long time to resolve my issue regarding windows update. Recently i formatted my hard drive. Upon installation of some software my windows update stopped working. Getting an error message "Service Not Running". I tried to fix using microsoft's "WindowsUpdateDiagnostic" software. It detected some errors and said resolved after fixing(except missing files).
I am unable to upload the log report as per posting instructions. Says "access denied" when i try to copy CBS folder.

Help will be appreciated.

A:Windows 7 Update "Service Not Running" Error

OK, this isn't a fix, but it's the next steps I would take because I see no one's replied to your post or mine yet. Maybe one noob can help another.

Click Start, right-click Computer, click Manage, Services and Applications, then click Services.
Scroll down to find Windows Update and double-click it.

I presume the "Service Status" is "stopped"? What's the Startup Type set at? I think it should be Automatic (Delayed Start).
If you click the Start button for the service, what happens?
That might (hopefully!) shed a little more light on your problem.
Greg

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/300140-windows-7-update-service-not-running-error.html
Relevancy 80.84%

Long story short Ive been attempting to install Games for Windows Live however everything I have encountered so far has led me here to ask for the help of others You see I am running windows home premium bit and when I attempt to update windows its states that quot Windows update service is not running please restart quot I have restarted and the Error" Not Windows Running update "Service 7 problem has persisted and I am nearly at witts end I have checked service to see if the problem lies there Windows 7 update "Service Not Running Error" but it doesn't even show up Trust me I have tried everything I could find and even followed the instructions posted here in the guidelines Windows Update Posting Instructions As I proceeded to run the readiness tool the program stopped and gave me this error from the Windows Update Standalone Installer quot Installer encounteered and error x The specified service does not exist as an installed service quot Which was to be expected seeing as it is not running under the services and several other things I tried gave me this error

A:Windows 7 update "Service Not Running Error"

try the following link; hopefully it will help ya out. If it doesnt then post here again and i will see what else i can do.
Error 0x80070424 ocurs when you use Windows Update, Microsoft Update, or Windows Firewall

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/319215-windows-7-update-service-not-running-error.html
Relevancy 80.84%

I have created a macro that goes through my workbook and is supposed to clear the interior color from cells A1:I900 on each page. When I try to run the macro I get a pop up that just says "400" in it with a red circle that has a white "X" through it. Here is the code:

Sub Clearcolors()
Dim ws As Worksheet
Dim RngH As Range
Dim RngHD As Range
For Each ws In ThisWorkbook.Worksheets
ws.Select
Set RngH = ws.Range("A1:I" & Range("I900").End(xlUp).Row)
For Each RngHD In RngH
RngHD.Interior.ColorIndex = xlNone
Next RngHD
Next ws
End Sub

What can I do to fix this problem? Any suggestions?

Relevancy 80.84%

I am running windows 7 home premium. Windows update says the service is not running, please restart. I have restarted and the problem has persisted for over a few weeks. I have checked sevices to see if it is stopped. The windows update service doesent even show up.... Is there a way the files could have been deleted? if so how do i recover them? any help would be greatly apreciated!

A:Windows 7 update "Service Not Running Error"

Click on the start orb and enter services.msc

Attachesd is a snapshot of what the service should look like when it's running:

And here's a link to an MS KB Article that has a Fix-It:

Error: Windows Update Cannot Check For Updates, Because The Service Is Not Running

Hope that helps

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/262768-windows-7-update-service-not-running-error.html
Relevancy 80.84%

I am running Windows XP SP fully updated on an Acer Explorer Column Windows no "Minutes" "Seconds", "Hours" just "Duration" - and lap top PC I have several folders full of mp 's and want to Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes" see the bit rate and Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes" duration To Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes" do this I right click on a column heading and select quot Bit rate quot I then click on quot More quot so I can get to quot Duration quot and I select that one too The two new columns appear but the format of the quot Duration quot column appears to be quot hours minutes quot so I see quot quot or quot quot for most mp 's when what I want to see is 'hours minutes seconds quot e g quot quot This also happens for video files avi files e g all my episodes of quot Heroes quot sad I know have a duration of quot quot instead of quot xx quot Here are two pictures showing the problem with the mp 's The first is of Explorer showing the Duration as quot Hours Minutes quot The second picture is of the properties window of the first mp in the list above I copied some mp files to another old PC on my home network and it displayed the duration field correctly Also the properties window correctly shows the duration also I'm not the only person to have this problem I received a private message from a member of another forum where I posted about this problem several weeks ago That person also has the same problem with the duration field The tech guys on that forum were unable to find the source of the duration field problem But after I had such a great success on this forum with my hard disk problem here I decided to try to get help here Thanks in advance for any suggestions

A:Windows Explorer "Duration" Column - no "Seconds", just "Hours" and "Minutes"

* bump *

Tricky, this one!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-explorer-duration-column-no-seconds-just-hours-and-minutes-253928.html
Relevancy 80.41%

I m trying to do a fresh install of Windows Ultimate bit but i can t get "insert boot underscore" installer. and media" boot into Win7 Cannot "flashing proper the installer to load I have access to a Xubuntu install and a OS X install The original hard drive Windows was installed on stopped working completely So I ve bought a brand new one I followed the steps I did the first time I installed Windows - converting the iso to and img with OS X s hdiutil and Cannot boot into Win7 installer. "insert proper boot media" and "flashing underscore" the dd command to burn it to a USB This time I would just get a quot please insert proper boot media quot error I went to my Xubuntu computer it s used like a chromebook - i m not a big linux guy and tried WinUSB These USB keys lead to a screen that had a flashing underscore a few spaces from the top of the screen It dawned on me that the first thing I did when I installed windows the first time was update the bios So I tried flashing a few different BIOS versions but none of them made a difference gt I really need help - I can t think of anything else to try Thank you very much TL DR Cannot boot into Win installer OS X made USB keys show quot insert proper boot media quot - Ubuntu made keys show quot flashing underscore quot - Tried different BIOS versions Win -has- worked here before Intel Core i - Quad-Core Processor GHz LGA Gigabyte GA-Z X-UD H Motherboard Gigabyte GeForce GTX Corsair GB x GB -Pin SDRAM DDR Corsair W nbsp

A:Cannot boot into Win7 installer. "insert proper boot media" and "flashing underscore"

From where did you buy Windows 7 Ultimate? Did you not get a set of two DVDs with your purchase?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cannot-boot-into-win7-installer-insert-proper-boot-media-and-flashing-underscore.1121694/
Relevancy 80.41%

im not sure why windows vista is doing this error how can i fix it The application error "0x7c919af2"referenced memory ae"0x00000010" the memory could not be written'

there shouldnt be any reason it has happening on several applications from games to ie fire fox has done it as well if u can help i would be ever so gratefull

A:vista The application error "0x7c919af2"referenced memory ae"0x00000010" error

Hi, let us have some Pc specifications.
Check and post
TSG System Information Utility - found here.
http://static.techguy.org/download/SysInfo.exe
======
Download Security Check by screen317 from.
http://screen317.spywareinfoforum.org/
Or
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/securitycheck/

Save it to your Desktop.
Double click the install icon.
If using Vista or Win 7 - right click the icon - run as Administrator
A command Prompt window will open.
Let it scan the Pc - press any key when asked.
It should now open in Notepad.
Copy and Paste the result of the scan in the reply box below.

The saved log will be called checkup.txt.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-the-application-error-0x7c919af2-referenced-memory-ae-0x00000010-error.1113925/
Relevancy 80.41%

Hi Had a sudden inability to go much further than a third or forth-level download on ANY given webpage and then PC would seize-up error" error reports message seize-up attached) "DoPatch" - causing (HJT to "dll pc requiring quot cont alt del quot in order to get freed-up Thought perhaps I picked-up a bug of some sort during a recent google search and went immediately to Panda and Trendmicro to perform both virus as well as malware scans While the Panda scan was loading-up I received the following error message quot DoPatch dll reports error Error quot C WINNT patch utp quot unreadable or not a patch file quot Was able to complete both scans Nothing found other than tracking cookies I then did a file serch for the above and located it It was installed TODAY apparently and not by me within minutes of the problem starting I m guessing someone thing slipped this patch into my WINNT file or modified it while I was doing the google search so I have included a HJT scan below Hope this all makes sense and ties-out to something Any help would be genuinely appreciated- thanks Webz HIJACK SCAN BELOW Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINNT System smss exe C WINNT system winlogon "DoPatch" error message - "dll reports error" causing pc to seize-up (HJT attached) exe C WINNT system services exe C WINNT system lsass exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT system LEXBCES EXE C WINNT system spoolsv exe C WINNT system LEXPPS EXE C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exe "DoPatch" error message - "dll reports error" causing pc to seize-up (HJT attached) C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exe C WINNT system svchost exe C WINNT system regsvc exe C WINNT system MSTask exe C WINNT system stisvc exe C WINNT system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C WINNT Explorer EXE C WINNT System WBEM WinMgmt exe C WINNT system svchost exe C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe C Program Files Lexmark Series lxbrbmgr exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasServ exe C Program Files Lexmark Series lxbrbmon exe C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasDtServ exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exe C WINNT system wuauclt exe C Documents and Settings user My Documents security HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www yahoo com O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - Toolbar msdxmLC dll email protected amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINNT system msdxm ocx O - HKLM Run Synchronization Manager mobsync exe logon O - HKLM Run avast C PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exe O - HKLM Run Lexmark Series quot C Program Files Lexmark Series lxbrbmgr exe quot O - HKLM Run LXBRKsk C PROGRA LEXMAR LXBRKsk exe O - HKLM Run Zone Labs Client C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe O - HKLM Run NeroCheck C WINNT system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run gcasServ quot C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasServ exe quot O - Plugin for spop C Program Files Internet Explorer Plugins NPDocBox dll O - DPF CA F - B- A - -C EC HS live Control - http install homestead com site InstallFiles SIFiles lpxlive HS live cab O - DPF E E - AF- - C -A ADCBF BD HouseCall Control - http housecall trendmicro com housecall xscan cab O - DPF -C A- E-A -C C BBF Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool - http go microsoft com fwlink linkid amp clcid x O - DPF BC F - A - D -BEB - AA B AE Symantec AntiVirus scanner - http security symantec com sscv SharedContent vc bin AvSniff cab O - DPF AA A -F F- -A - B F BB HS live Control - http install homestead com site InstallFiles SIFiles lpxlive HS live cab O - DPF E F- D - A - DD -E EEEC Symantec RuFSI Utility Class - ht... Read more

A:"DoPatch" error message - "dll reports error" causing pc to seize-up (HJT attached)

Bump for HJT expert

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dopatch-error-message-dll-reports-error-causing-pc-to-seize-up-hjt-attached.361399/
Relevancy 79.98%

I tried logging on a few times, restarting the computer and such before coming to this site on my mother's computer. After awhile, it said this message:

"Your system is running low on resources. You cannot log on as a new user Please use an account that has already been logged on."

I only have one account on my computer. Also, I have fingerprint software on my Dell XPS m1330. I tried using that to log on but the same message is showing up. Now the fingerprint software is giving me an error as well - some number.

Right now the laptop is off and plugged in. Are there any other steps that I need to take regarding these two new errors?

A:"Your system is running low on resources. You cannot log on" Error

Originally Posted by Nonnordhiel by PM

The thing is, it was giving me the other message before I restarted the computer. I'm a bit confused. It seems like I have two problems?

I just turned my computer back on after 15 minutes off and it said "The user profile service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded."

In that case, I would try the tutorial first to see if that can help you. It sounds like the fingerprint program may be the root cause of all this.

The User Profile Service failed the logon. User profile cannot be loaded.

If it does not help, then see if you are able to boot into Safe Mode and uninstall the fingerprint program.

Safe Mode

You may also need to do a System Restore using a restore point dated before this problem.

System Restore - How to

Hope this helps,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/169318-your-system-running-low-resources-you-cannot-log-error.html
Relevancy 79.98%

I got the above error message on booting up. I had this problem once before, about 6 months ago. I found a fix at that time, which is to rename rundll32.exe to some other name eg rundll32.old. The exe gets regenerated, and I never had that problem again. Until today, twice. The "fix" did nor work this time.

The only item which I've installed lately was Google's Browser, Chrome or whatever, and I don't know how to remove it. They refer to a string of code 0xc000000S which means nothing to me. Using XP home (recently reinstalled after reformatting. In spite of this bug, the computer continues working normally

Can anyone explain this to me and suggest what I can do to stop this message appearing. Even though it doesn't seem to do anything, it surely must be doing something! Or is it only informative?

Thanks in adance

Larry
(Moreproblems)

Relevancy 79.98%

Hi I am having a problem BSOD "Bad Mode Nonpage Area" and Header" In Runs Safe "Page Pool in with my newer computer I just got this rig a few months ago and never had a problem until last Thursday It Blue Screened on me while I was installing ARC GIS From then on it randomly crashes I have previously installed ARC GIS and never had a problem I keep things updated windows and BSOD "Bad Pool Header" and "Page In Nonpage Area" Runs in Safe Mode drivers and I do think windows forced through an BSOD "Bad Pool Header" and "Page In Nonpage Area" Runs in Safe Mode update earlier that day I un installed ARC GIS and the windows update didn't make any difference I have also ran the Windows Mem test and Auslogic BoostSpeed Registry repair I keep getting quot Bad Pool Header quot and quot Page In Nonpage Area quot and I can't seem to find something that triggers it So far it hasn't crashed in Safe Mode without network access I tried it once with access and it crashed Currently have windows checking the drives for errors I have I think I attached the proper dump files This is my work computer so this is kind of causing a big problem Thanks in advanced for the help

A:BSOD "Bad Pool Header" and "Page In Nonpage Area" Runs in Safe Mode

Welcome aboard.

The crash dump you supplied, suggests the display driver failed there.

Code:
fffff880`0c995858 fffff880`10018000Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
nvlddmkm+0x980000
Go to Drivers - Download NVIDIA Drivers, follow option two to search for the appropriate driver for your system automatically, and install it.
Let us know how it worked.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/264019-bsod-bad-pool-header-page-nonpage-area-runs-safe-mode.html