Windows Support Forum

Unexpected restarts

Q: Unexpected restarts

Hi

My PC frequently restarts - no BSOD. There doesn't appear to be any pattern to the restarts.

I would appreciate it if someone could give me a clue as to what is going wrong.

Thanks

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Unexpected restarts

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Unexpected restarts

By default the machine is set to reboot on hard error. I would look through the system logs for errors rather than the dump.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/306300-unexpected-restarts.html
Relevancy 26.23%

Greetings I ve moved to another country where electricity is not stable and goes high low or even disconnect power failure many times a day So i brought an old UPS i have discovery and connected it to the outlet and connected the PC and the LCD screen to it Sometimes when the electricity goes high down the UPS seems can t regulate fast enough or when the electricity disconnect the UPS can t change to battery mode fast enough so the PC restarts I though the problem is from the UPS so i bought failure during My despite restarts UPS PC power a new one iXA PRO which also has a built in AVR with wide input range of - Vac wide range of input frequency output short circuit protection overload protection and the transfer time My PC restarts during power failure despite UPS is ms I connected the PC and the LCD screen My PC restarts during power failure despite UPS to the new UPS and connected my modem and an external hard to the old one Surprisingly when the electricity went high low or when it disconnected the modem did not reset but my PC restarted which means that the old UPS is still working and the problem is from the PC itself I use My PC restarts during power failure despite UPS a very god power supply Blue Storm - wat so any idea what the problem could be Note When the electricity goes high low or disconnect the PC doesn t actually restart it just half turned off i mean i can still hear the fans rolling but there is nothing on the screen and i have to turn it off then on Note Sometimes when electricity goes high low or disconnect the PC keeps working normally Thanx in advance nbsp

A:My PC restarts during power failure despite UPS

My guess is your power supply in your PC uses active PFC (Power Factor Control) while your uninterruptible power supply is likely rated for a passive PFC.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-pc-restarts-during-power-failure-despite-ups.159403/
Relevancy 26.23%

My computer constantly restarts after I install new ram My specs are Dell Precision Intel Pentium D Computer new RAM restarts after installing GHz MB L Cache GB DDR SODIMM recently upgraded MHz unbuffered non-ECC ATI Radeon HD MB GDDR GB SATA HDD RPM Windows XP dual boot Dynex w Power I had x mb DDR ECC RAM before and upgraded to x GB DDR SODIMM for performance upgrade The problem is that my computer constantly restarts The first time Computer restarts after installing new RAM I installed the RAM I got to boot into windows but my color and resolution was messed up I haven t been able to boot into windows either xp or I updated my graphics driver and BIOS from A to A and still no change Some people are saying to change the RAM voltage but I don t know how My BIOS doesn t have such a feature or option PLEASE I need help purchased these sticks for I don t want the feeling that I got ripped off or scammed Many thanks nbsp

A:Computer restarts after installing new RAM

Maybe the wrong ram for your mother board. Did you check before you bought the ram to see what the specs were for the ram. Run a scan on the computer with your old memory installed at http:// www.crucial.com/index.asp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-restarts-after-installing-new-ram.189247/
Relevancy 25.8%

I got a system in recently with a weird issue It would reset after a few sticks, System restarts memory fine two with with one minutes and then shorter and System restarts with two memory sticks, fine with one shorter intervals on restart continually I tested for all the normal stuff power supply temperature unplugged the video card and checked the error logs but only the unexpected restarts were listed with no suspicious events around them If I removed a memory stick it ran fine though I thought it was a bad stick but I ran memtest on both sticks without errors for a few passes Immediately though if I plug in both sticks the system won t stay on for more than a minute or two I adjusted just about every bios setting concerning memory without change and tried loading bios failsafe defaults Anyways I m considering between just telling the owner that the system can only support one ram stick now likely due to some motherboard fault or trying to do a bios update though I m a bit hesitant that if there are issues with the motherboard maybe I should just leave the bios version alone I d be interested in hearing others takes on the issue CPU- AMD Athlon X GHZ Motherboard- amd gm-m RAM- CORSAIR CM X - C MHZ System restarts with two memory sticks, fine with one - - - nbsp

A:System restarts with two memory sticks, fine with one

Often a faulty memory stick will work by itself, but then fail once running in duel channel.

Unfortunately this is very difficult to test with two sticks, so there's no guarantee that this is the issue. You may just have to buy some new memory.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/system-restarts-with-two-memory-sticks-fine-with-one.189047/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hello I have an issue I cant resolve with a networked HP LJ P - PC LJ P4014 restarts middle large printjobs the in HP is Win bit Any time we try to print a larger PDF anything over like pages the print job will get about of the way error out then restart printing the same file Almost like it runs out of memory Smaller paged jobs go through fine I ve noticed a meg pdf when I watch the print queue it sends over megs of data Other XP machines can print the same file to the with no problem ie Win XP sp Things I ve tried with the printer -replacing toners - was getting a supply error with the previous toner - not current toner -upgraded printer firmware -power cycled and pulled cat and power plug Things I tried with with PC - upgraded Adobe reader -downgrade IE from to -downgraded Adobe reader from to - removed Adobe and installed Foxit reader same issue -removed and reinstalled printer on PC - Tried every driver from HP even universal - manually installed printer and installed through search wizard - installed MS Silverlight - made sure bidirectional printing was unchecked -stopped and restarted print spooler I m a tech and I m stumped and I hate it I haven t contacted HP yet because I HP LJ P4014 restarts large printjobs in the middle think the warranty just ended I m think it has to do with something with the printer memory or a printer setting I don t know about Any help would be much appreciated nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-lj-p4014-restarts-large-printjobs-in-the-middle.186335/
Relevancy 26.23%

i recieved the installation messages for my phone from the service providers for the mobile web setup upon installtion my phone constantly restarts upon trying to enter the browser, tried every thing reset all that plzz help...
its a samsung t239..
thanks.

A:Browser restarts phone

Take the phone back to your service provider and have them take a look at it

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/browser-restarts-phone.164474/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hello, the problem I am having is really getting on my nerves. When the power button is pressed, the comp turns on for about 4 seconds than turns off (no beeps coming from mobo). After it shuts off it turns on indefinitely with no display. Any ideas what might be causing the problem?

A:Newly built comp turns on for about 3 seconds then restarts

What motherboard are you running and what is the rest of your setup?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/newly-built-comp-turns-on-for-about-3-seconds-then-restarts.165051/
Relevancy 25.37%

Just got a new computer 2 days ago:

Alienware Aurora_r3
Intel Core i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40 Ghz
4.00 GB ram
Windows 7 (64bit)
Dual video cards, both AMD Radeon HD 6800 series, with latest catalyst drivers installed directly from the website

Whenever I try to run games in full screen mode (as opposed to windowed), after 2 to 5 minutes my computer will just turn off. No error messages, warning sounds, lights, anything.. it just turns off. Affected games include Starcraft2, WoW, League of Legends, that I have tested so far.

However, if I run these games in windowed mode, I can play without interruption with all graphic options turned to the max. Problem does not appear to be overheating, as the thermal indicator software that came with pre-installed never gets above 29°C.

Any ideas how to fix? I don't want to have to send it back 2 days after getting it

A:New computer randomly restarts when running games in fullscreen

Alienware has been known with plagued thermal problems.

You can check inside the case and see if there's any possible mis-directed air flows, and point the duct, or add the fan to that area and see if that helps.

Dual video cards are known to be overheat very easily. If you have three PCI-E slots, move the last HD6800 to the bottom and extend the Crossfire cable to there, and see if that actually remedy with that kind of problem.
Otherwise, send it back and complain that you were ripped off, and maybe they could fix it for free.
EDITED: There's other possible options;

- kill all tasks in task manager, or using the batch with " taskkill /F /IM "program name"
- update your directX
- Downgrade your catalyst driver version to the factory driver, or upgrade to the newest driver that is FROM ATI/AMD website. ( www.amd.com )
- leave your side case to open up the more air-flows in the computer.

Welcome to Techspot, arangar32!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-computer-randomly-restarts-when-running-games-in-fullscreen.162867/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hello so here I am after I upgraded my PSU and GPU I took some recommendations from people on here purchased the parts and installed them into my computer myself Fast forward a month and I upgraded to windows from XP Now every once in a while using when Computer not randomly actively restarts when I am not actively using my computer say I leave it on while I use my Xbox or go and do something else and leave it on I ll come back to see it at the login screen and I ll log in and it ll say it recovered from and unexpected restart I don t normally leave my computer on when Computer randomly restarts when not actively using I m not using it or near it So it ll do Computer randomly restarts when not actively using this after about - minutes of sitting Idle would be my guess Which come to think of it is when my screensaver is running which is a custom one I got from the internet featuring the matrix code falling down the screen Damn could that be it Anyway it was never a problem until yesterday when it restarted itself and all my programs in the Programs x were wiped out I E the folders are there but they are completely empty Sorry for this being so long just trying to be thorough here is my specs Windows Intel Core Duo E GHz Gb Corsair RAM HIS Radeon HD Watt Corsair PSU Gigabyte Motherboard Anything else just ask Help would be greatly appreciated Edit Also rarely when I hit the power button to turn on my computer when it s off it ll make three rapid beeps and the display won t come on but pressing the power button to shut it off and turning it back on fixes it nbsp

A:Computer randomly restarts when not actively using

Eh, hate to bump but I need a solution.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-randomly-restarts-when-not-actively-using.161482/
Relevancy 25.8%

motherboard abit nf7-s
ram 2 1 gig sticks pc 27000
gforce 6200 512 vid card
500 watt psu
160 gig WD 7200 rpm
amd athlon xp 2600 1.9

So i added new ram pc 2700 1 gig ram 2 sticks and my computer locks up and restarts randomly and will sometimes loop when starting up, it doesn't matter what im doing it will do all of these!!

When i put back in my old ram 256 and 512 my computer goes back to being stable!! So to me once i hit 1 gig of memory the computer locks up or restarts whenever it wants to!!

All my motherboard drivers are old and same with bios, So basically to sum it up i use whatever drivers that come with the motherboard cd!! I don't know how to upgrade these im kinda of a noob lol.

A:Comp locks up and restarts after adding 1GB of RAM

It looks like you should be able to run up to three sticks of PC 27000 on this motherboard so that shouldn't be the problem. So we should probably start with the premise that the new memory may be defective or there's something out of whack with the BIOS settings for your new memory. Might want to set memory timings to auto in the BIOS for starters and reset the processor to stock speeds if you're overclocking. Then you need to run memory diagnostics by starting with one of the two new sticks of memory ... if the first passes remove it and test the second. Hopefully, this will give us some indication of where the problem lies.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/comp-locks-up-and-restarts-after-adding-1gb-of-ram.160205/
Relevancy 31.39%

My laptop is shutting down when i attempt to play any kind of game even one as simple as runescape I shutdown Gateway unexpected NV79 brought it in to be professionaly cleaned and when i recieved it the problem remained Speed fan records the temperatures getting into the cel before this happens tho I ve even tried putting it on a big square fan but it does not help it Gateway NV79 unexpected shutdown worked fine for months before this started happening could it be the memory the Gateway NV79 unexpected shutdown motherboard please any help would be very apperciated thank you OS Name Microsoft Windows Home Premium Version Build Other OS Description Not Available OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Manufacturer Gateway System Model NV System Type x -based PC Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU M GHz Mhz Core s Logical Processor s BIOS Version Date Gateway V SMBIOS Version Windows Directory C Windows ATI mobility radeon HD GB Installed Physical Memory RAM GB Total Physical Memory GB Available Physical Memory GB Total Virtual Memory GB Available Virtual Memory GB Page File Space GB nbsp

A:Gateway NV79 unexpected shutdown

You might need to have the CPU thermal paste replaced by a laptop tech

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gateway-nv79-unexpected-shutdown.154227/
Relevancy 26.23%

my computer starts with initial temp 75C, when starting a game or even a small program in reaches 96 and restarts, I changed the termal material between the CPU and the heatsink and made sure the fan is installed tightly, I thaught of underclocking because its cheeper but it didnt decrease the temp significantly. what solutions are there other than water cooling?
these are my computer's specs:

Intel original motherboard 915gux
intel pentium 3.0 Ghz LGA 775 socket
ATI HD 4350 PCI-E
2 GB Ram
2x 250 HDD

Thanx

A:CPU temp reaches 96C and restarts PC

You definitely should not require water cooling on that Pentium. What are the ambient temperatures like? I think that the thermal compund may have not been applied correctly or the contact between HSF and CPU is not sufficient. I hope you did not apply too much TIM. Sometimes that acts as an insulator resulting in very high temps. Remove the HSF and clean off all the residual TIM from it and the CPU. Ensure that nothing falls into the mobo as it could cause a short. Then re-apply the thermal compund and re-assemble it. If it still doesn't help, look to getting a better aftermarket HSF.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-temp-reaches-96c-and-restarts-pc.147342/
Relevancy 25.8%

heyy every onne I was hoping you could dirrect me in the right dirrection Ok so i got a new motherbourd Its a old bourd but its just for my soon Specs ASUS M NPV-MX - motherboard - micro ATX - GeForce This is what after Computer boot from 2-3 seconds restarts it is Manufacturer ASUS Product MPN MPN S Key Features Form Factor Micro ATX Compatibility PC Chipset NVIDIA GeForce Compatible Processors AMD Athlon AMD Sempron AMD Athlon FX AMD Athlon X Front Side Bus Speed MHz Technical Features Integrated Input Output Ports USB x Serial Port x RJ Lan Computer restarts after 2-3 seconds from boot Port x PS Mouse x PS Keyboard x Parallel Port ECP EPP Computer restarts after 2-3 seconds from boot SPP x Floppy Port x Expansion Computer restarts after 2-3 seconds from boot Slots PCI Express x x PCI Express x x PCI x RAID Support JBOD Support SATA RAID SATA RAID SATA RAID SATA RAID Storage Controller Type s DMA ATA- Ultra x Serial ATA II x Processor Socket Type Socket AM Max supported CPUs qty Memory Memory Type DDR SDRAM Number of Memory Slots x Pin DIMMs Supported RAM speeds Mhz MHz MHz Max Supported RAM GB Audio Video Audio Output Sound Card SPDIF Out Channels Line Out Integrated Audio ADI A Audio Input Microphone Jack x Line In Video Out Ports DVI x Pin D-Sub VGA port x Video Interface PCI Express x On Board Graphic Processor NVIDIA GeForce LE Communication Networking Type Ethernet Gigabit Ethernet Fast Ethernet Other Features Other Features Chassis intrusion detection Dual Channel Memory Architecture bit Ready Fans x -pin fan headers x -pin fan headers Chassis Type Desktop Package Qty Dimensions Width cm Depth cm Miscellaneous Bios Features Plug And Play BIOS DMI WfM SMBIOS ACPI Power Configurations ACPI APM Power Management Wake On Ring Header Wake On LAN Header Suspend to RAM Wakeup from Keyboard Mouse Real Time Clock Wake-up Alarm Regulatory Approval FCC Class B FCC Part ICES Bios Type Mbit Flash EEPROM with AwardBIOS first of all my problem was i set it all up Put my card in HDD Proccessor PSu etc when i turned it on it restarted after - secounds with no sound or any thing odd So i thought ok somthing is wrong what i done was started removing things like my graphics card etcc untill i found out the the PSU connector ATX v was maing it restart so i was just wondering is there any other ways to make it boot with out or any other solution Thanks for reading if u need more info just ask and ill provide Once again thanks Peace out nbsp

A:Computer restarts after 2-3 seconds from boot

reece10,
With this computer I will try to help you out since i am new to the forums myself. Follow these steps as I myself have came across this problem. I will try to put it as simple as I can for you. You will have to do this procedure fast so familiarize yourself with it and instantly begin the process once windows boots up. It might take you a couple of tries.

Right click on "My Computer"
Select "Properties"
Click on the "Advanced" tab
Under start-up and recovery click "Settings"
Under system failure take the "check mark" out of automatically restart
Click ok

This should stop the computer from rebooting every few seconds. This is when your computer comes across a simple error or hiccup it will automatically reboot your computer everytime. Hopefully this will solve your issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-restarts-after-2-3-seconds-from-boot.141559/
Relevancy 26.23%

hi everyone, i really need some help.

My pc get 4-5 seconds into boot before it automatically restarts again and again with no display on the monitor.
it starts up normally with all lights on board and fans working and hard drives active. but its just in this endless look of boot and restart. i cant get into safe mode or anything.
ive inspected the board and graphics card for any burst or cracked capacitors but all looks fine. ive also removed the ram and put them back in different slots one at a time, but nothing.

mb, psu and case are all 1 year old

A:PC restarts 4-5 second into boot repeatedly

Does it begin to load windows and then reboot, or does it happen before?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-restarts-4-5-second-into-boot-repeatedly.146010/
Relevancy 26.66%

hey guys.. need some help here...
my pc gone mad... der are times it went good. .. then suddenly...
it restarts and restarts all over again and again...
i've already check it up and all components are good... power is good.. hard disk is good,, RAM is good.. i already gone through clean format.. but few days later.... its all the same... i'm seriously need help for this thing... thanks in advance...

A:Restarts, restarts and restarts

1. Do you get any BSOD (i.e. Blue Screen of Death) or it just restarts without any warning or such?

2. Check your system's logs for clues, you can do that by going to Control Panel, Administrative Tools, then to Event Viewer (assuming you are using XP), and review all logs, specially with red & and yellow tags, if you found something like that please let us know so we can be in better position to help you.

Lastly, do provide us what is your system's specifications/OS etc.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/restarts-restarts-and-restarts.143760/
Relevancy 25.8%

when i turn off my pc without unplugging it everything works fine, but when the computer has been unplugged it asks me to re do all of my bios settings, could this be because of my motherboard or maybe an Bios Update?, Please help...

A:PC restarts BIOS settings when unplugged

Try replacing the CMOS battery on the motherboard. It will be a flat coin-like battery.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-restarts-bios-settings-when-unplugged.144142/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hello all I really hope you can help me every 3-4 (restarts My wont computer boot seconds) with My computer wont boot (restarts every 3-4 seconds) this My computer wont boot (restarts every 3-4 seconds) it started minutes ago I have a desktop computer and when I hit the powerbutton it turns on the fans start spinning and everything sounds normal and then after or seconds the system reboots itself and tries to start up again This continues in an endless cycle untill I decide it is time to stop Nothing happens no signal to the screen no beeps nothing This is probablt not the case but I just bought a Logitech Wave keyboard and I noticed it had a hibernation button on it and so I thought I would try and see if it worked After I pressed it this started happening and first off I turned the computer off and tried to power it back on but without luck I have tried disconnecting both rams one at a time removing the gfx card and disconnected the dvd drive even without any results The computer just sits there and reboots every - seconds I would probably suspect the motherboard at this point If I press the quot RESET quot button on the motherboard two yellow lights flash on the Gigabyte Motherboard and it resets the same ligts that flash every seconds when the computer reboots on its own If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:My computer wont boot (restarts every 3-4 seconds)

I would say that you should reconnect all components in your system. Then start it up and check. Use your old keyboard if possible.

Nothing else comes to mind. If it still doesn't work, then try solving the problem through elimination. First connect only the minimum components required for the PC to boot into BIOS (i.e.processor, 1 module of RAM and the gfx card only if you don't have onboard VGA). If you're able to boot into BIOS, then add your 2nd memory module and test. Continue adding components and restarting to check when the problem appears.

All the best.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-computer-wont-boot-restarts-every-3-4-seconds.141059/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hi all,

So the title says it all. My desktop PC restarts after 8min 20sec of uptime.
It will restart after 8min 20sec of idling, or it will restart after I click an icon to run a program (Firefox, usually).

I can't run checkdisk/antivirus/memory testing programs because once the 8min 20sec timepoint has passed the computer restarts... so these programs get nowhere.

I'm thinking that this might be a Power Supply problem, from other searching and whatnot I have done. How can I tell if it is a PSU problem or if it isn't?

What I find odd about the whole bit is that it reboots after such a time (timed with a stopwatch so that's how I know)... if it was a PSU problem wouldn't the computer not start at all?

If you all need any system specs, I'll provide them.

Thanks.

-'Mage

A:Computer restarts after running for about 8 min, 20 sec

Defective component...
Inadequate or too much thermal paste. CPU fan is failing, or is wobbling. Bad memory module. Bad power supply. Bad capacitor on system board. Hard drive is in early state of failure. Overheating from inadequate cooling somewhere.
What is the brand and model of the computer, or the motherboard. What is the configuration... hard drive, memory,cooling, power supply. Is it overclocked?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-restarts-after-running-for-about-8-min-20-sec.140687/
Relevancy 26.23%

Lately my house has been having a lot of power cuts, pretty much every day, something happens and the mains trips out, still trying to sorce it.

When i put the power back on my pc starts up automatically, even though it was off, but plugged in when the cut occured. When it restarts i have to reset my BIOS (time, date, 1st hard drive, boot sequence). I'm convinced theres nothing wrong with the CMOS battery, as it will keep all details before i started having these problems, and on the odd occasion i can get a few days without a power cut.

AMD Dual core X" 6000+ 3.0ghz
Win XP pro
500 watt psu

A:PC restarts after power cut problem

If anyone ever needed a UPS, you do. Under the circumstances I would strongly recommend one.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-restarts-after-power-cut-problem.140700/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hi, I have HP DX6100MT desktop. This desktop was automatically getting restart while starting Window XP. I tried lot but could not resolve problem, then I replace PC with new harddisk but still while installing XP with bootable CD it restart when message comes "Starting Windows XP" (Blue screen at the begining).
Please help to resolve this problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-restarts.140697/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hello there,
i want to ask why my pc restarts by itself when i run the ati radeon hd 2400 pro agp set up? It happens all the time... I think its the power supply but im not sure. I have already erased the Data from the HDDs and the problem continued...

A:PC restarts while setting up ATI drivers

You could need a new updated computer
AGP is really old now

Note: If you need tech support for your issue, please refer back to this reply: Click: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic138492.html#post820985

We were in the Chat & Socialize forum (no tech support in there )

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-restarts-while-setting-up-ati-drivers.138493/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hi, I have a problem here. It happens when our computer is turned on in the morning; sometimes it is on for a while, and then it restarts, just like if someone would have hit the reset button, the screen just goes black, and then it starts up again immediately. It usually restarts 2 or 3 times, sometimes one right after the other, and sometimes it waits a while and then does it. After that, if we leave it on, it works fine all the rest of the day. I should mention that it started happening about 3 days after I cleaned it out on the inside, it might not have any connection, but I thought maybe that would help. I have tried a few things, but it doesn't help, it just happens again. What could it be? It has Windows XP, a 1.7GHz AMD Duron processor, and 512mb. of RAM. Could Anybody help me? Thanks, thehobbitech

A:Help needed, computer restarts alone

This sounds like a heat issue but then again you say it stays on for the rest of the day after several restarts.

What is the make, model, and amount of watts of your power supply? How old is your system?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-needed-computer-restarts-alone.136203/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hello i ve been having a re-occuring problem with my pc This error has only occured during gaming Visual indication would be the screen freezing on a freezes/locks restarts up and Computer also now specific frame Sound would indiciate a reptition loop of the last half second of noise produced by the game And for my pc case i have a led that connects to the HDD that blinks to show HDD activity When the freezing first starts it would blink in a constant cycle then a few moments later the light would turn off My screen would still be Computer freezes/locks up and now also restarts frozen and the sound would not loop anymore but only play the last sound genereated by the game On another occasion I decided not to manually push the restart button to get the pc going again and I decided to wait and see what happens The HDD LED light flashed and the sound came up for a split second then restarted Things I ve done to try to troubleshoot Chckdsk Using regular chkdsk in run will check to about nd or rd step then it says errors found cannot run in read only mode chkdsk f Ran SEAGATE diag tools Tests run SMART check Short drive self test short generic test Long self drive test All tests came back as PASSED Right click My Pc - gt Manage - gt Disk Management - gt Right-Click C drive - gt Properties - gt Error Checking - gt Check Now The test would not start till i rebooted and i did so I waited for the step test to finish and my regular boot up screen proceeded and i logged in Cleaned out all dust from pc Re-applied thermal paste to CPU Memtest v Made sure the rail or w e PSU supports my pc and GPU I ve updated graphic card drivers HDD firmware PC SPECS Quad core Q Seagate gb bfg gts kingston gb ram coolmaster W GPU C idle C load CPU C idle C load Also on one occasion after the restart of my pc I started doing what I regularly do After I was done I shut it down Next morning I turn on my pc boot up and everything was fine but I recieved an additional dialog box saying my pc has recovered from a serious error dont know why it came up and if it should come up shouldnt it have come up after the auto restart Heres the log in event viewer Source System Error Category Event ID Error code ea parameter b parameter parameter f parameter In bytes d System E f rror Er f f ror code e d a Param eters c b c f c Any solutions Thanks nbsp

A:Computer freezes/locks up and now also restarts

What is the make and model of your motherboard? What operating system are you running?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-freezes-locks-up-and-now-also-restarts.137608/
Relevancy 26.66%

The problem occured with one of my friends PC. It crashed. As usually I cleaned it from dust and so(replacing termopaste,cleaning the cooler e.t.c).
Put on XP sp2(clean reinstall),bet encountered a error I can't deal with.
PC restarts every time it boots up. Sometimes it's working for 1-5min.
Made a printscreen,but can't figure out those minidumps.
Maybe somebody can help me out with this?
can't figure out where is the problem

http: //bildites.lv/viewer.php?file=nic8ii3hqzz5rs97jqrc. jpg

Theres a dash between http and at the end,before jpg.
I really don't have time to wait till 5 posts

Friends PC stats- motherboard- Asus P4P800, Cpu- 3.0ghz,ram- kingston ddr 800mhz(1gb,kit of two),PSU- 350w,graphic card- was radeon 9800,128mb(AGP),replaced it with similar Geforce 128mb .. anyone?

A:PC restarts all the time

Try starting with only one memory stick installed

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-restarts-all-the-time.136064/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hi I have bought new motherboard and processor last week and i have formatted my computer comletely and installed winxp pro with all its updates The computer restarts itself randomaly while i click or play anything for example I click on a Computer restarts randomly by itself web page in IE crash I click on a video in youtube or anything else im sure it doesn t matter and the mili second i do it crashes I checked what I should do to Computer restarts by itself randomly see what the problem is and the first thing i did was going to system failure and uncheck automatic restart so ill get a blue window that shows the code of the problem but it didn t its just keeps restarting itself without anything to show me My computer speccs are PSU hiper hpu- m -pu w Graphic Card Radeon HD Motherboard Intel BLKDP WB Whitesburg Processor Intel Core i - Box Memory G Skill DDR GB Mhz CL - - - Computer restarts by itself randomly NT Hard disk Two of Western Digital gb I m not sure if the problem is my specc but tell me if im wrong Thanks anyways nbsp

A:Computer restarts by itself randomly

Did you install all the drivers too?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-restarts-by-itself-randomly.136704/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hello people A few weeks ago I had an overheating error without Computer Restarts any problem with CPU Pentium D Ghz The temp was like C working a few minutes and than restarting I knew its CPU problem so I Computer Restarts without any error changed it bought a new Intel Core Duo E Now this one is Computer Restarts without any error working good temp - C but the problem is that after around hours of working it keeps restarting again and the temps are still cool - C I made some tests formated disk and installed a new copy of windows Computer Restarts without any error switched the RAMs in different slots replaced with different one stoped the quot Automatically Restart quot option of windows and still the same problem Does anyone know how to fix this Running Asus P B-Deluxe motherboard Intel Core Duo E GHz cpu x GB Corsair XMS DDR MHz v memory GeForce graphic card ASUS Triton mm CPU Cooler RaptoxX W power supply Samsung GB hard disk and x MB Kingston memory for testing nbsp

A:Computer Restarts without any error

Your power supply might be the problem. Do you have access to another to test?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-restarts-without-any-error.135652/
Relevancy 26.23%

hi everyone i really need some help after months of being overseas i started my pc and it ran fine windows and all antivirus updated as normal scans were done and everything restarts second PC repeatedly boot into 4-5 seemed fine but a few days later the pc just rebooted automatically while PC restarts 4-5 second into boot repeatedly i was using it for no reason and no warning it booted back up and it was ok this happened twice it wasnt under load and wasnt overheating but after that it froze and didnt display anything on the monitor so i restarted it and ever since i will only get - seconds into boot before it automatically restarts again and again with no display on the monitor it starts up normally with all lights on board and fans working and hard PC restarts 4-5 second into boot repeatedly drives active but its just in this endless look of boot and restart i cant get into safe mode or anything ive inspected the PC restarts 4-5 second into boot repeatedly board and graphics card for any burst or cracked capacitors but all looks fine ive also removed the ram and put them back in different slots one at a time but nothing i should also ad that sometimes my pc is on for days at a time as i download quite a bit but there are plenty of fans and it never overheats i built it myself and have never had hardware problems nothing is overclocked and it has run very smoothly until now mb psu and case are all mths old specs windows xp sp gigabyte x -dq mb intel e cpu ghz asus gforce gt mb graphics w amacrox psu hard disks and dvd rom all in a thermaltake armor case with fans please help im lost without my pc any help is greatly appreciated Thanks guys nbsp

A:PC restarts 4-5 second into boot repeatedly

Try changing the battery on your motherboard. See if that helps. My PC too once had a similar problem of restarting randomly within a few minutes. A new battery fixed it.

Else it could be the PSU or motherboard itself.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-restarts-4-5-second-into-boot-repeatedly.134584/
Relevancy 26.66%

Dear Friends,
My new ( 2 weeks old)PC with intel i7 processor , intelŪ Desktop Board DX58SO with 4gbDDR.
It was showing some problem even from the beginning during installation of XP.
Repeated blue screen. After doing chkdisc and removing one of the RAM s ( from 6 GB to 4 gb) i was able to install XP.
I installed antivirus and updated windows. I updated the bios also
Now when i connect my ext hard disc of 1 tb or of 160 gb. it automatically restarts. But not always. Most of the times it is when I am just connecting the usb.
What should I do?

A:PC Restarts when connecting ext HD

This may sound a little stupid, but ensure that your PSU power cord is plugged in tightly. If it's loose you may disturb the cord while pushing in the USB, causing the computer to restart.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-restarts-when-connecting-ext-hd.134603/
Relevancy 26.23%

I have Windows Vista home basic and the other night I was using it and suddenly it shut down and restarted...it seems to load just fine but once my desktop begins to load it sends me to the "shutting down" screen and restarts it yet again! I can run it in safe mode just fine. Also doing an OS repair on the Vista DVD just tells me that nothing is wrong with my computer. I ran Ad-aware and Avira in safe mode and it still doesn't do anything. Any thoughts?

A:Vista restarts as soon as it loads

It is probably a failing hard drive or memory

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/vista-restarts-as-soon-as-it-loads.133193/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hi my computer constantly restarts after the windows xp boot up logo is displayed. Tried starting in safe mode but that does not help. Even "debugging mode" doesnt do it.
Tried repairing using the XP installation disk....no such luck.
Can anybody help?

A:Computer restarts after XP logo

Your issue, at this point, could be any number of things...
The first thing we want to do is get to a point where some diagnostics can be run, and to do this, we need more information.

Tell us more about your computer (hardware and Windows Version and SP).
Tell us more about the circumstances under which this started happening?
What was / were the last things you were doing successfully?
Had you updated any software?
Had you changed any hardware?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-restarts-after-xp-logo.127747/
Relevancy 25.37%

This is a new problem for me, I built a new system and loaded XP from disk and setup goes well and partition is fine but when i go to format the newly selected partition (which is mandatory) the system restarts with no error message given, i have tried another (new) drive and cable and the same this happens, What gives?

A:During Setup when format is started system restarts, no error

Bad memory or motherboard...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/during-setup-when-format-is-started-system-restarts-no-error.132126/
Relevancy 24.94%

Ok i have a big problem with my laptop while surfing the web i accidently aquired a virus of somesort which repeatdly told me i needed to buy their software to stop viruses I googled it and was told how to remove it by using a certain malware removal program It also said its harmless however while trying to scan it closed a couple of times randomly and while i went on the internet again it crashed and restarted my computer It then did it again however when i turn it on i get stuck in an infinite loop It constantly restarts i have to choose wether to run it in safe modes etc or normal mode However all options flash up a blue screen after the windows loader and then restarts and i am back at the option screen Through i little googling i found it could be due to a power cord failure or something however im on a laptop so it still has recharged power I think its more likely to be a trojan called quot sasser quot talked about here cant post a link however if you google quot constantly restarting computer quot its the th result its by Pretty computer in problem, constantly big restarts mode even safe wikianswers Pretty big computer problem, constantly restarts even in safe mode However i cannot get onto my desktop or CMD in anyform even in safe modes it constantly restarts Im pretty computer illiterate but any help would be greatly appreciated Even if it is just to confirm my suspicion of it being completely screwed ps Sorry if this is the wrong section nbsp

A:Pretty big computer problem, constantly restarts even in safe mode

try booting into Safe Mode but elect to start from Last Known Configuration

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pretty-big-computer-problem-constantly-restarts-even-in-safe-mode.131043/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hello i replaced my graphice card My english is bad sorry But i dont have money to buy a new pc I have a AMD Athlon XP GB RAM Asus AH Silence I installed this new graphic card i asked to the buyer i need to add a cooler into my pc he said NO their is already a cooler into the graphic card My PC of times restarts a lot problem When i play a game my pc restarts The strange of it is Sometimes when i play my nd account i can play hours And when i login on my first account PC restarts a lot of times after PC restarts a lot of times login in my pc restarts immediately Then it says quot Your pc recovered from a serious error quot This one BCCode f BCP D BCP BCP BCP OSVer SP Product C DOCUME PROPRI LOCALS Temp WER fc dir Mini - dmp C DOCUME PROPRI LOCALS Temp WER fc dir sysdata xml I tough first my pc is over heating so i opened my pc And i added an Coller from another pc and connected it But its never turns even the big coller only turns when pc is realy hot I dont feel the pc is hot And the seller told me a graphic card cannot be to strong for my old processor I have no money so i buyed this graphic card whit the only i have before i had Nvidea MX But it wa srealy bad I play only gta san andreas nbsp

A:PC restarts a lot of times

0x0000007F: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP

One of three types of problems occurred in kernel-mode: (1) Hardware failures. (2) Software problems. (3) A bound trap (i.e., a condition that the kernel is not allowed to have or intercept).

Hardware failures are the most common cause and, of these, memory hardware failures are the most common.

1. You should get Memtest and run it. Look at this thread... http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html

2. Your problems started after the installation of the video card? Drivers could the problem.
Try Diver Sweeper and then reinstall your video drivers... http://www.techspot.com/downloads/4266-driver-sweeper.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-restarts-a-lot-of-times.127614/
Relevancy 26.23%

My computer has gone schizo on me and now I m looking for ideas opinions The Problem several days back on startup the computer got as far as the Windows logo screen then suddenly restarted On the second start attempt I got an quot overclocking failed quot message with the option to go into the Continuously Restarts Computer BIOS to change settings to default My computer is not overclocked All BIOS settings appeared normal After exiting the BIOS without making changes it again got as far as the Windows logo screen before restarting THIS time it went to the screen telling me that the last Windows startup had a problem and gave me the option to go Computer Restarts Continuously to Safe Mode use the last known good config or start windows normally I could get into Safe Mode ok but didn Computer Restarts Continuously t have time to troubleshoot so I shut the computer down normally A few days later I tried to start the computer again thinking I could go back to Safe Mode and troubleshoot run a virus scan etc This time though the computer began restarting continuously after it s initial power-on checks where it shows the processor RAM etc before it starts loading Windows So the Safe Mode option seems to be out for me now The System Built in Pentium GHz clock speed Gig RAM MB DIMMs Windows XP Pro ASUS P C -E motherboard Radeon XT video card W power supply Soundblaster Audigy ZS Gig Seagate hard drive Prior to this problem the anti-virus was up to date full system scans run monthly mini-scans run daily Personally I suspect the power supply or some other hardware failure but thought I d throw this one out there and see what other folks thought as I haven t yet had time to go any further with this Thanks for any info suggestions you might provide nbsp

A:Computer Restarts Continuously

Yes, the first thing that came to mind is your PSU. You could test with a digital multimeter.

Also, another thing it can be is corrupted memory. Run Memtest on your RAM. The good thing about this test is that it starts as soon as you boot up so you don't need to worry about Safe or Normal Mode.

Read this link first: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html

Here is what I tell people:

1. It is free and perfectly safe.

2. Burn ISO to a CD (follow link instructions).

3. Place CD in your drive and reboot with CD in drive. (You might have to place your drive as first bootable in your BIOS) The test will take over.

4. Let it run for a LONG time. The rule is a minimum of 7 Passes. There are 8 individual tests per Pass. Many people will start this test before going to bed and check it the next day.

5. If you have errors you have corrupted memory and it needs to be replaced.

6. Also, with errors you need to run this test per stick of RAM. Take out one and run the test. Then take that one out and put the other in and run the test. If you start getting errors before 7 Passes you know that stick is corrupted and you don?t need to run the test any further on that stick.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-restarts-continuously.126060/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hello again I hope this is the right forum booting while into restarts Computer Vista I believe it is because it sounds more like a hardware issue than an OS problem My computer recently started to get more screwed up over the past week to be specific When I Computer restarts while booting into Vista turned my Computer restarts while booting into Vista computer off for the night I would boot it up the next day Computer restarts while booting into Vista and it wouldn t boot properly Blue screens and all that So I kept rebooting until it worked and when it did work it worked fine until I turned it off This same problem happened for about days until now my computer shuts off After the mobo and all that boots it asks how I d like to boot safe mode or normal boot then the load bar finishes and THEN this is where the problem happens My cursor appears for about a second then my computer just shuts off then reboots This process keeps going and going until I manually turn it off To add insult to injury when I try to boot into safe mode my monitor says quot Input Not Supported quot It s an Acer V w LCD monitor To further add problems when I put in my Windows Vista disc to run the repair tool out of hope it will at least let me boot into safe mode or something either things happen It says quot Windows is loading files quot fills up and then freezes It loads properly then reboots I get this screen asking if I want to use the Memory Diagnostic Tool or I can pick quot Windows Setup something Enabled quot I click Windows Setup then I get the loading white bar again but this time I get error message xc e which says quot Windows has encountered a problem communicating with a device connected to your computer etc etc quot I have run the diagnostic tool and I do have problems but I ve always had problems with this computer s RAM yet never given me problems this severe My specs are -Vista Home Premium -Asus P E-VM DO mobo - GB of RAM -Intel forgot-the-model-name duo core CPU It s whatever the best Intel duo core is E I think -ATi Radeon HD GPU I sound ignorant to my computer s spec but it s been so long since I ve checked Also I can t get into my BIOS for some reason A few days ago I could but now I can t It asks for a password I ve tried all the backdoor passwords for AMI BIOS but none work I honestly don t know why it has a password now No one uses my computer nor knows how to set a BIOS password nbsp

A:Computer restarts while booting into Vista

From here: http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?SLanguage=en-us&model=P5E-VM DO

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-restarts-while-booting-into-vista.126672/
Relevancy 26.66%

I have a problem with a pretty old sistem: spontaneous restarts and BSODs.
I formatted and reinstalled the OS,
I tested the RAM with MEMTEST86(no problem),
I tested the HARD DISK(no problem),
I changed the IDE cable,
I changed the power supply(500w),
I changed the Video and the problem persists.

my sistem :
- amd sempron 1800+
- 512 MB RAM pc3200
- asus a7n8x
- nvidia nforce fx5200
- dvdrw teac
- hdd western digital 200gb

I forgot to mention that sometimes i receive the message :"Warning!cpu overspeed!" when BIOS performs the "system inventory" and sometimes my cpu figures "1150Mhz", altough sometimes my cpu figures "1800+".

I hope you can help me with some advices.Sorry for my bad english.

A:Bsod, restarts - please help

Your motherboard is old. It might have some bulging capacitors around the CPU. Be prepared to buy a new motherboard, CPU, video card and memory... Or save for an entirely new computer

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-restarts-please-help.125768/
Relevancy 26.66%

this is going to be a lengthy post as i will try and Computer itself restarts by be as informative as possible system windows xp service pack motherboard asus m a-vm cpu amd ram gb patriot hd gb eide ok my problem is my computer restarts by its self it happens when i boot up in the morning or when i shut it down it will also happen Computer restarts by itself when i load up my sim racing Computer restarts by itself game i have attempted several things disconnected case usb s from motherboard now reconnected disconnected restart wire from motherboard now reconnected switched ram to different slots switched back installed new dvd player tested resistence on power supply wires all good removed all usb devices still restarted remove modem to disable internet still restarted ran glarys utilities avg ccleaner adware no virus etc switch power cord still restarted check log file in windows no information logged updated motherboard and video card ok i think that covers all i have done now to describe the problem oh and the computer is clean and stays cool so not a heat or dirt issue this usually happens when i am booting up my computer i don t always get the same message and after restarting several times it will run for long periods of time sometimes it will just restart as if i manually restarted sometimes it will give me a usb over charge message sometimes it will say i may be overclocked i have not overclocked sometimes it will go to start windows normally or safe mode i have tried safe mode still restarted sometimes the computer fans will be on but monitor is black and no activity on the hard drive light on the front of the computer i am at my wits end and any help is greatly appreciated Within min of this post computer restarted twice Both times no activity on the hard drive light on front of computer black screen had to manually power down and start Start windows normally screen came up computer booted to desktop and immediately restarted and repeated process nbsp

A:Computer restarts by itself

Did you test the RAM with memtest? Second, is that Patriot memory recommended by Asus for your motherboard?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-restarts-by-itself.124735/
Relevancy 25.8%

First of all thanks in advance for any responses to this post I ve already researched this issue as best I could games computer restarts loading My when myself and have My computer restarts when loading games tried a few possible solutions with no luck I ll try to be very specific in describing my exact scenario as well as what I ve already tried My computer restarts when loading newer games for example COD UT k or L D It does not restart when loading older games for example Warcraft TFT Diablo or AVP Everything seems to operate normally besides the restarts although the Windows startup loading screen may be slower I couldn t say for sure BSOD information DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL Stop x d xc d b x x xb fb e sfng sys Address b fb e base at b e Datestamp b Beginning Dump of physical memory Physical memory dump complete Upon successful restart there is a Microsoft error report to be sent with error code signature BCCode d BCP C D B BCP BCP BCP B FB E OSVer SP Product System information Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Professional Build SP DirectX Version DirectX c Motherboard Intel D PSN Processor Intel Pentium D CPU GHz CPUs Memory OCZ PC MB Dual Channel Value Pro Series - - - x Graphics Card EVGA Nvdia Geforce GT PCIE PSU Thermaltake w XP NP Cooling ZALMAN CNPS LED CPU cooler Antec mm case fan x BIOS Heat and Power Information Processor Fan Speed Aux Fan Speed Front Fan Speed Rear Fan Speed - By the way all the fans listed above are spinning as well as a GPU fan that is spinning Processor Temp - C Internal Temp - C Remote Temp - C V - V V - V V - V V - Vccp - V Hardware troubleshooting I have already replaced the Graphics card and the PSU Those listed above were not in the computer when the issue started Previously I had a PNY Verto Nvidia Geforce GT PCIE which was replaced by the EVGA Nvdia Geforce GT PCIE with no change in the issue Previously I had an Antec Performance True W PSU which was replaced by the Thermaltake w XP NP PSU with no change in the issue This is what is listed on each power supply Thermaltake w XP NP currently installed AC input A A Frequency - Hz DC Output V V V - V - V VSB A A A A A A Antec Performance True W AC input A A Frequency Hz Hz DC Output V V V - V - V VSB Max A A A A A A Min A A A A A A By the way the Antec PSU does not have the pin connecter required to power the EVGA Nvdia Geforce GT I haven t replaced the RAM because I don t have access to any that is compatible with my board to troubleshoot with Software troubleshooting I started by first running AVG Free and found no viruses I then ran Spybot SND without finding anything I tried Run gt chkdsk f and found no errors I updated my graphics card driver then tried uninstalling and reinstalling Both had no effect I tried to reinstall DirectX with the following procedure Run the msconfig command to open the System Configuration Utility Next select the Selective Startup check box and clear all the options under it On the Services tab select the Hide All Microsoft Services check box and then select the Disable All button Select OK to apply your changes and exit the System Configuration Utility Now restart your PC to perform a clean boot I then installed DirectX with the DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer for version This had no effect although I m not sure if it did anything at all considering the DirectX Diagnostic Tool says I am running DirectX c So that s what I ve done so far Hopefully there are some things for me to try Thanks nbsp

A:My computer restarts when loading games

foodger said:

(By the way the Antec PSU does not have the 6 pin connecter required to power the EVGA Nvdia Geforce 7800GT.)Click to expand...

I think you found the fault

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-computer-restarts-when-loading-games.124608/
Relevancy 26.23%

I need help I have an uncle who lets me use his comp for almost a year now We tackled all sorts of problems before but recently thing are very odd I play Age of Computer restarts after games Empires II III Axis amp Allies and a Company of Heroes demo I could play them for hours with the graphics on low Anyway About a month or two ago we got a new video card After installation I played Age II-good Then Age III on high settings-great But when Computer restarts after games i tried Company of Heroes and Axis amp Allies they both played well without lag etc But after min my Gateway monitor goes blank screen but I can still hear the sound from the fighting or music So I go back and play Age III and after hours it does it too I know the computer has surpassed the requirements for all the games I don t think it s any programs or virus s because we wiped the comp clean before installation and one time before all this I played Age III with programs on and it never restarted I don t know what could be causing this I ll post the specs later for better analysis This is really bothering me I haven t played any games because of it nbsp

A:Computer restarts after games

The comp has a little screen that always has the temp. for something.Is that it?

I'm still working on the specs...this comp is so confusing.
One thing I learned is that when the MHz are at 200 AGP in the BIOS the internet works and AOE III works.When I put it on 150 AGP Axis & Allies and Company of Heroes works but the internet doesn't work.

Okay I downloaded a driver catalyst for my Radeon X1350 video card and it helped AOE III (I play a long game and it hasn't gone blank screen) but playing the other games still goes wrong.
All and all I don't feel any closer to the answer....

Oh!!! I mean Radeon X1650. (If you've been reading up to this point you can tell I have no idea what I'm doing.)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-restarts-after-games.123507/
Relevancy 26.23%

After changing the fans in my computer, it now freezes after several hours of usage. This can occur within 2 to 3 hours. No errors nor blue screen of threat appears, just mouse and keyboard cannot be used. After it restarts, it runs finish for another hour, then it restarts. Problem had occurred after I had changed the rear case fan (Antec 20mm Blue LED) and CPU fan (Rosewill 92mm Ball CPU Cooler). The previous had a CoolMaster Liquid Cooling Sytem which had die on me. Any help would be much appreciated, specs are below:

Asus P5N-E nForce 650i SLI Chipset
2x1GB PC6400 DDR2/800 Dual Channel Memory with Aluminum Cooler
Windows Vista Home Premium (32-bit Edition)
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.4GHz
20X Double Layer DVD+-RW
500GB SATA-II HDD with 5.25" HDD Cooler
700W PSU
2x NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT
Antec 20mm Blue LED
Rosewill 92mm Ball CPU Cooler
PCI Slot VGA Cooler

A:PC freezes and restarts on occasionally

Nice system. Congratulations.
Post all logs but not the ones you have already posted.

Here is a form of the 8-Step infestation removal, as we may have to use it to remove some possible problems. A lot of what needs doing are step by step procedures to get to the cause of the problem... You have a nice system. Something there is not working right, but it could be an infestation, or a memory module, or any other device installed. It may not be easy to find.

What is the brand and model of your power supply?
After the above is done and Logs attached do the below!

Download SDFix to Desktop.

http://downloads.andymanchesta.com/R...ools/SDFix.exe

On Desktop run SDdFix It will run (install) then close.

Then reboot into Safe Mode

As the computer starts up, tap the F8 key several times.

On the Boot menu Choose Safe Mode.

Click thu all the prompts to get to desktop.

At Desktop
My Computer C: drive. Double-click to open.

Look for a folder called SD Fix. Double-click to enter SD Fix.

Double-click to RunThis.bat. Type Y to begin.

SD Fix does its job.

When prompted hit the enter key to restart the computer

Your computer will reboot.

On normal restart the Fixtool will run again and complete the removal process then say Finished,
Hit the Enter key to end the script and load your desktop icons.

Once the desktop is up, the SDFix report will open on screen and also be saved to the SDFix folder as Report.txt.
Attach the Report.txt file to your next post.
=========================================
Download ComboFix

NOTE: If you have had ComboFix more than a few days old delete and re-download.

Get it here: http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/sUBs/ComboFix.exe
Or here: http://subs.geekstogo.com/ComboFix.exe

Double click combofix.exe follow the prompts.

Install Recovery Console if connected to the Internet!

When finished, it will open a log.
Attach the log and a new HJT log in your next reply.

Note: Do not click combofix's window while its running. That may cause it to stall.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-freezes-and-restarts-on-occasionally.122982/
Relevancy 26.23%

i have vista installed on my computer,will restart and freeze,and then sometime it will just run ok.one thing i do notice is that i have 4 gig memory,but only shows 3 gigs why?is this a memory problem?any help will be great thanks...

A:Computer restarts and freezes

I can explain some things and see about the startup issue

Go to {Start} {RUN} type in DXDIAG

save the log file and attach it here

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-restarts-and-freezes.118894/
Relevancy 25.37%

Following the title i hope it is the right place for this thread i get a blue screen when i play a game Online or offline i specs Frequent heres problem code restarts, my and still get the blue before i use to restart on the bluescreen i get this error code STOP x D xF F FE A x x xF DA B nvmcp sys AddressF DA B base F D D Datestamp CF and then when restores i get the error reporting to windows files in documents and settings temp folder WeRd e dir mini dmp WERd Frequent restarts, heres my problem code and specs e dir sysdata xml it is always this files from the beginning Processor Name AMD Athlon tm Videocard Name NVIDIA GeForce FX ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Environment -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ALLUSERSPROFILE C Documents and Settings All Users WINDOWS APPDATA C Documents and Settings Drehkran PLAYSTATIONIV Frequent restarts, heres my problem code and specs Application Data ArmServerInfo CLIENTNAME Console CommonProgramFiles C Program Files Common Files COMPUTERNAME PLAYSTATIONIV ComSpec C WINDOWS system cmd exe FP NO HOST CHECK NO HOMEDRIVE C HOMEPATH Documents and Settings Drehkran PLAYSTATIONIV LOGONSERVER PLAYSTATIONIV NUMBER OF PROCESSORS OS Windows NT Path C WINDOWS system C WINDOWS C WINDOWS System Wbem PATHEXT COM EXE BAT CMD VBS VBE JS JSE WSF WSH PROCESSOR ARCHITECTURE x PROCESSOR IDENTIFIER x Family Model Stepping AuthenticAMD PROCESSOR LEVEL PROCESSOR REVISION ProgramFiles C Program Files SESSIONNAME Console SystemDrive C SystemRoot C WINDOWS TEMP C DOCUME DREHKR LOCALS Temp TMP C DOCUME DREHKR LOCALS Temp USERDOMAIN PLAYSTATIONIV USERNAME Drehkran USERPROFILE C Documents and Settings Drehkran PLAYSTATIONIV windir C WINDOWS -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- CPU Details -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Physical Processors Logical Processors Processor Vendor AMD Processor Name AMD Athlon tm Additional Name x Family Model Stepping Popular Name Athlon XP Frequency MHz Serial Number - - -FBFF- - -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- BIOS Details -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- BIOS Vendor Phoenix Technologies LTD BIOS Type AT AT COMPATIBLE BIOS Version PG Copyright Nvidia - e S v PG ard BIOS v PG Date Size KB -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Motherboard Details -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Motherboard Vendor abit com tw Motherboard Model NF -S NF -M NF nVidia-nForce Version X Ports System Slots -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Memory Modules -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Installed Memory Modules Supported Speeds Other Supported Types Other DIMM SDRAM Supported Voltage V Maximum Slot Size MB Memory Socket A Memory Size MB Memory Speed ns Memory Type Other DIMM SDRAM Memory Socket A Memory Size MB Memory Speed ns Memory Type Other DIMM SDRAM Memory Socket A Memory Size MB Memory Speed ns Memory Type Other DIMM SDRAM ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Videoadapter Details -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Video Adapter Name NVIDIA GeForce FX Video Memory MB Chipset Name GeForce FX BIOS Name Version BIOS Date Current Resolution x pixels Current Color Mode bits per pixel DirectX Version -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Monitor Details -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Driver Version Technology Raster Display Refresh Rate Hz Font Resolution dpi Width Height Diagonal in Pixels Horizonal Size Vertical Size ------------------------------------------------------... Read more

A:Frequent restarts, heres my problem code and specs

Couple if things to try

Try playing the game with no sound. Turn of sound in the game and also unplug any speakers

Try to disable the nForce Audio Drivers from Dxdiag ...
Start -> Run -> dxdiag -> Sound and Hardware Acceleration -> No acceleration

with this way nForce will emulate sound so nvmcp.sys will virtually not exist

Then see what happens

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/frequent-restarts-heres-my-problem-code-and-specs.118372/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hy guys i got this really anoyng problem whenever i play DotA my pc crashes in the middle of the game and a blue screen apears saying something i can't read because it restarts to fast , i noticed there are similar threads and learned to acces eventviewer and attached some of my minidumps to this thread
so , is it a driver problem ? a hardware compatibility problem ? please help me guys

ps: this only happens in dota

ps2: thanks a lot

A:Blue screen of death apears and pc restarts

The same thing happened to me this morning when i got a new hard drive for my computer the blue screen comes up and so quickly it restarts.
i then removed the new hard drive and put the old one back and everything was back to normal so i think this is a hard drive problem

HAIDAR

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/blue-screen-of-death-apears-and-pc-restarts.117523/
Relevancy 25.8%

My computer is an HP Pavilion a818n and it has been running fine until one month ago where the computer will randomly restart without warning. I can be on the internet, typing up an essay, or playing a game or so. The screen will turn black and randomly restart with no error display. I reinstalled Windows XP and got rid of every program to see if that would fix it but apparently did not do a thing. Now when i try to reinstall some of my programs I had, it wont complete the installation and just restart in the middle of it. I don't think its a heat problem or a virus problem either. HELP PLEASE! if you need more information on the computer, please request.

A:Windows XP HP Pavilion a818n restarts

Can be faulty Ram. Try Memtest for 7 Passes
Can be faulty HardDrive, Try Drive Diagnostics
Can even be internal dust (heat build up) Try cleaning out all dust

Edit:

Or it may be that all drivers have not been loaded. Try updating all drivers

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-xp-hp-pavilion-a818n-restarts.105832/
Relevancy 26.23%

hey guys, i recently experienced a BSOD and when i went to look for the log it wasnt there so i got the .dmp file which i have attached can someone take a look and tell me the problem please,

thank you in advance

A:BSOD - Randomly restarts

Turn off Automatic restarts in System, Advanced. See if you get a Blue Screen with an error code displayed. Tell us what this code is. What are you doing when the error happens?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-randomly-restarts.115619/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hello Guys, I am facing a pathetic problem that when i insert a dvd or cd disc into my dvd rom and as it starts to read my system suddenly restarts and keep on restarting until i eject the disc.
Kindly do help me out and one more thing can someone give me the link for the PSU calculator so that i can get the exact value of my PSU.

Any help would be appreciable...

A:System Restarts

Can we have your complete system specs?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/system-restarts.114706/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hello all This is a really new system that has been put together in the last month However when I run a nvidia stability test or copy large amounts of data from and to the network it will restart It doesn t seem to blue screen and quot Automatically Restart quot is turned off in quot Startup and Recovery quot so I m thinking it might be hardware Before it never seemed to leave a minidump however this last time it has I ve sent the board back to DFI They said they flashed the BIOS and restarts, System have replaced motherboard hard sent it back My experience with DFI didn t leave me really confident however So it still may or may not be the motherboard I ve checked the temps and they seem to be staying cool I m leaning towards it possibly being video card drivers which I ve cleaned off and reinstalled the video card itself or memory I have run memory test which don t come up with a problem As well there is no overclocking involved Any help would be great and very much appreciated Machine info Intel Core Quad Q LGA DFI LanParty LT P Series GB Patriot PC- memory MHz XFX GeForce GT MB GB Seagate SATA HD OCZ System hard restarts, have replaced motherboard W power supply Win XP Pro SP Error Code Event Type Error Event Source System Error Event Category Event ID Date Time PM User N A Computer SPI-BLACKPEARL Description Error code f parameter parameter bab d parameter parameter For more information see Help and Support Center at Data d System E f rror Er f f ror code d f Param eters c bab d c c The minidump file is zipped and attached Again if anyone could look through the minidump or offer any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it Thanks for your help nbsp

A:System hard restarts, have replaced motherboard

Have you worked with the memory timings or voltages? You might raise the memory voltage just a bit and see if the system stablizes. The minidump points to a general Windows instability

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/system-hard-restarts-have-replaced-motherboard.106505/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hello People,

Well basicly i received a BSOD with the Stop Error 0x0000007F(0x0000008,0xBAB38D70, 0x000000, 0x000000) And ive done hardware tests on everything Memtests(Windows,Others), EVEREST Ultimate, SeaTools, Loads of other tools and they all found nothing hardware related problem but i dont understand why its happening ive formatted and all that milarky.

Ive attached a dump file so if anyone can find the problem i will be very happy

A:BSOD and then Computer Restarts! Urgent

BugCheck 1000007F, {8, bab38d70, 0, 0}
Probably caused by : BT4501G.sysClick to expand...

BT4501G.sys: USB Wireless Adaptor

Use ethernet cable instead, and remove the USB drivers

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-and-then-computer-restarts-urgent.111667/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hello my name is Jonny and I m here to find out why my computer no restarts and computer afterwards Random displays randomly restarts I believe its because it overheats but don t know what and when it turns back on all I hear is all the fans in my computer blowing but my monitor is pitch black and the light is blinking as if its Random computer restarts and no displays afterwards not even on I turn it Random computer restarts and no displays afterwards off then I leave it for or minutes and turn it back on and it works normally again I hear everything booting but I also have to leave my fan blowing into the case or else it would turn off again I want to know what is overheating and if there are Random computer restarts and no displays afterwards any sorts of hardware problems as I ve read in some of the other forums This has been going on for about months and since school has been starting i do not want this to happen while i am in the middle of my schoolwork My video card is a Ge-Force GS I have SP of windows XP Core Duo processor Seagate GB harddrive gig of DDR corsair memory and gigs of Ballistix memory I have a arctic cooler freezer pro so im pretty sure its not my processor overheating and i have a zalman ZM- HP power supply and i have a Gigabyte S-series P-DS motherboard please get back to me asap thank you nbsp

A:Random computer restarts and no displays afterwards

Does your GeForce video card have a fan on it? Does the fan spin? Pull the CPU heatsink off, clean off the old thermal compound using alcohol, and apply a small amount of arctic cooler freezer pro 7 once more. Also, check the thermal shut off settings for the CPU in the bios. You might want to reset the CMOS settings

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/random-computer-restarts-and-no-displays-afterwards.111524/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hello all Recently my EZCOOL W PSU went whilst i was watching a movie on my PC to PSU after Random Restarts up no monitor) (Now blew signal specs are below - x Sapphire ATI X PCI-E x Coolermaster CM Dominator Black Mid Tower Case x Arctic Cooling AC-FRZ- P Freezer Pro Socket CPU Cooler x OCZ GB Kit x GB DDR MHz PC - CL - - - PLATINUM XTC with LIFETIME WARRANTY x Gigabyte Random Restarts after PSU blew up (Now no signal to monitor) GA-M SLI-S Socket AM Nvidia MCP P PCI-E Channel audio ATX Motherboard x AMD Athlon X Socket AM GHz L Cache MB x MB OEM Processor x Extra Value Gold W Silent PSU - cm Fan pin x SATA x PCI-E The new PSU has the following specs - V A V A V A - V A VSB A Just had a random restart had a couple since the new PSU was put in last week last time the monitor came back on fine On this occasion the monitor cannot detect a signal I have removed each stick of ram in turn and tried them in all sockets available on the motherboard still no signal being passed to the monitor Everything seems to boot up ok all fans CD drives etc but nothing from the monitor still I ve unplugged the SATA cables from all three HDD s i have and tried again still the same Does anyone think this is a loose card memory psu problem or possibly the motherboard was damaged in some way by the PSU blow from two weeks ago Really at a loss at what to do now especially without a barebones system to try parts in and out Your help is much appreciated thank you nbsp

A:Random Restarts after PSU blew up (Now no signal to monitor)

I think there is a good chance that when the PSU blew it took something else with it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/random-restarts-after-psu-blew-up-now-no-signal-to-monitor.110910/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hi, my computer restarts itself after certain time. I have got windows XP.The blue screen appears when it restarts, and says like this "this is caused due to hardware or software installed on your computer, make sure its properly installed or ask your hardware or software manufacturer. I have looked in event viewer on my computer, I am getting errors which are, 1)Source: Application Error Event ID: 1000, and 2)Source: Application Hang Event ID: 1002. Also I get errors like stop with error codes with the blue screen every time it restarts and says restarting...... but doesn't restarts and I have to press F8 to bring it back.

Another thing is that I had a virus called Antivirus XP 2008 on my computer and now it's removed,but I can still see in add or remove programs from control panel.

Please help me out with this.
Thank you.

A:Computer restarts itself

I think is a problem that causes from RAM or PSU.TRY change one of these and see if it still do the same

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-restarts-itself.110436/
Relevancy 26.23%

hi

my computer keep on restarting randomly since last week...I am fed up with the problem...please help...
Every time it restarts the message "Windows has recovered from a serious error " is displayed....The error details are:

Error signature
BCCode : 100000d1 BCP1 : 00000000 BCP2 : 00000002 BCP3 : 00000000
BCP4 : 00000000 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 3_0 Product : 256_1

plzz help me...if u need any more info plzz mention

A:Computer Restarts Randomly, need help

Go to Safe Mode
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/315222/

Once in Safe Mode, follow the proceedure here to configure your Pagefile:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=810093&sd=RMVP

Or go to Device Manager, and remove your Video Card Device:
Start->Run-> devmgmt.msc
Then Restart
And install the latest Video driver, for your hardware

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-restarts-randomly-need-help.110259/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hey all, my computer has windows XP and keeps restarting at certain points of operation. sometimes while runing for 30min sometimes just when loggin in and when I look in the error log in the event viewer the errors I get are:

Esent
userenv
SciCli
BesClient

I know some problems can be overheating of power supply or software, but I get a sytem restart, which happens with no warning or error given. In the startup and recovery I unchecked the box that says to restart if there is a system faliure. It is supposed to give me the error, but it doesn't, it still restarts. any suggestions?

thanks

A:Computer restarts

A start off for you would be to check the RAM by running Memtest86.

Memtest86 Instructions
Download the pre-built version of Memtest86 (Link Below) and burn it onto a CD using ISO Recorder (Link Below) other ISO burning software will work as well (E.g. Nero). After this boot off the CD and start the test going and let it run for 3-5 hours (Minimum of 7 Passes) or Overnight which is best.

Memtest86 - http://www.memtest.org/
ISO Recorder - http://isorecorder.alexfeinman.com/isorecorder.htm

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-restarts.110248/
Relevancy 25.8%

If this is in the wrong section please forgive me amp feel free to move it accordingly Hello all I am at a loss and finally decided it would be best to ask from someone with more knowledge than myself Here is a little back ground A Blue random & restarts, advice? any screen while back my computer started to continually restart itself to which I found was due to overheating as a result of a bad power supply fan We replaced the power supply with a new one old one was a W the new one is W That was around Feb March In Nov Dec we added a new Western Digital harddrive to increase capacity as the old one was only G the new one is G and acts as master while the old one now serves as a data only drive for files amp such In addition a new CD RW was added at that same time as well A New Video Card was added around early Feb as well just before the power supply About a month after the replacement of the power supply we started to get the quot blue screen Blue screen & random restarts, any advice? of death quot Blue screen & random restarts, any advice? and random crashes amp restarts We have been trying to figure out what was wrong since amp can t seem to come to any conclusions We reformatted the hard drive the G yesterday thinking maybe there was a virus or something that McAfee wasn t catching Also figuring it would give us a clean start We thought we solved the problem with that when suddenly it crashed againg Here is what we have tried doing sense I will post the specs of the computer at the end - checked that all cords are plugged in properly - tried using a different power supply cable - tried plugging the old power supply back in - tried putting the old video card back in - tried installing the opperating system on back on the old hard drive amp unplugged the new one it crashed before that was even done - tried setting bios settings to default optimal - unplugged the CD RW - Ran a memtest which passed the memtest screen showed the following info Athlon XP mhz L Cache K mb s L Cache K mb s memory m mb s chipset nVidea nForce SSP FSB mhz settings Ram mhz DDR CAS - - - Dual Channel b We figured by trying each of these it may narrow it down to where the problem was with each attempt we still got a system crash blue screen or the system would restart itself What could we be missing Our system specs are as follows the processor is an AMD Athlon with a copper heatsink amp fan on it video card is a nVidea geforce mb G hard drive -master reformated yesterday - only operating system amp drivers have been reloaded G hard drive -slave serves as file storage only motherboard model is mb total ram cards if Ive missed important info please let me know Any advice is greatly appreciated nbsp

A:Blue screen & random restarts, any advice?

try to check event viewer

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/blue-screen-random-restarts-any-advice.108899/
Relevancy 26.23%

hello Guys
i have Computer with following configuration
Intel Core 2 Duo 2.20GHz E4500
Mother Board DG33FB(/ntel)
2 GB ram with speed 667
giga-byte 8600gts as graphic adapter
80Gb HDD Sata
ATX power supply 400W

my Pc was working fine till yesterday evening but start a problem of getting restarted in few seconds after it restart for second time display also disappears.i have taken out all the components cleaned and placed it back but problem remain there.PC restarts in few seconds
Please advise what going on .....

Bye

A:Computer Restarts in Few Seconds

What OS are you using? Do you have a firewall, virus and malware protection? Please tell us a little about the software. Did you visit any new websites? Install any new programs?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-restarts-in-few-seconds.108207/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hi Guys am a newbie to the forum and i thought i start with a hum dinger for you the random restart I m well aware you need loads of info to diagnose this issue so i ll post what specs i think you ll need then repost whatever you ask for I ve used sandra to get ll the info so it should be ok i think Proc - AMD Athlon X Dual Core Ghz Mobo - KV Lite Chipset - K T Pro Gfx - Nvidia Geforce gs Mb ddr HDD - gb Maxtor STM AS Sata Sound - Creative soundblaster X-FI Extreme OS - Xp with error updated BSOD Random Restarts, code home SP PSU - SumEvision w Ram x Gb Kingston KVR Updated all drivers This pc was a fresh install yesterday as Norton decided he wasnt going to let Random Restarts, updated with BSOD error code me use net no more so i looked at my desktop n thought quot time for a format quot as ya do fully formatted n reinstalled started to load up world of warcraft and randomly between mins and hr get buzz then a restart initially thought it was WoW but then noticed if i do anything excessive really it forces restart havin a serious head scratch wi this one and would appreciate any valuable input as to wht to try next any logs you need just gimme info how to get em and i ll repost i ve used the site for a while unregistered to analyse probs of friends etc but this one is seriously checkin the stability of my brain Thanks in advance Error code from BSOD - Stop x E xc xf b xb a bac x Mousewd sys - Address F B base at F B Date Stamp B D nbsp

A:Random Restarts, updated with BSOD error code

No replies necessary, used my brain n sorted it myself

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/random-restarts-updated-with-bsod-error-code.108434/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hi Guys am a newbie to the forum and i please Random help Restarts thought i start with a hum dinger for you the random restart I m well aware you need loads of info to diagnose this issue so i ll post what specs i think you ll need then repost whatever you ask for I ve used sandra to get ll the info so it should be ok i think Proc - AMD Athlon X Dual Core Ghz Mobo - KV Lite Chipset - K T Random Restarts please help Pro Gfx - Nvidia Random Restarts please help Geforce gs Mb ddr HDD - gb Maxtor Random Restarts please help STM AS Sata Sound - Creative soundblaster X-FI Extreme OS - Xp home SP PSU - SumEvision w Ram x Gb Kingston KVR Updated all drivers This pc was a fresh install yesterday as Norton decided he wasnt going to let me use net no more so i looked at my desktop n thought quot time for a format quot as ya do fully formatted n reinstalled started to load up world of warcraft and randomly between mins and hr get buzz then a restart initially thought it was WoW but then noticed if i do anything excessive really it forces restart havin a serious head scratch wi this one and would appreciate any valuable input as to wht to try next any logs you need just gimme info how to get em and i ll repost i ve used the site for a while unregistered to analyse probs of friends etc but this one is seriously checkin the stability of my brain Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Random Restarts please help

There is a glitch with SP 3 and AMD, if you have Symantec.
Downloading the latest updates will fix that.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/random-restarts-please-help.108426/
Relevancy 26.23%

hello Guys
i have Computer with following configuration
Intel Core 2 Duo 2.20GHz E4500
Mother Board DG33FB(/ntel)
2 GB ram with speed 667
giga-byte 8600gts as graphic adapter
80Gb HDD Sata
ATX power supply 400W

my Pc was working fine till yesterday evening but start a problem of getting restarted in few seconds after it restart for second time display also disappears.i have taken out all the components cleaned and placed it back but problem remain there.PC restarts in few seconds
Please advise what going on .....

Bye

A:Computer Restarts in Few Seconds

If you've cleaned the system you will have ruled out Overheating.
Try running one or both of these Memory Tests
Memtest86 - http://www.memtest.org/
Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool - http://oca.microsoft.com/en/windiag.asp
If the RAM pass the tests try running Check Disk in Windows and also Tick the box to automatically fix bad sectors, And then download your HDD manufacturers test for your HDD.
And post back with your results

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-restarts-in-few-seconds.108206/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hi there my computer restarts randomly and has done for around years I have took it to numerous people to see if they can fix the problem and have spent over in doing so but not one of them has been able to I have all the lasest software drivers and i have fans in my pc it does nt even get warm Microsoft Windows XP Restarts Computer Randomly Version Service Pack AMD Athlon tm XP GHz RAM When my computer restarts i get Computer Restarts Randomly a blue screen with and error code i have written Computer Restarts Randomly down two of them Error STOP x E OxC xF A xF Portcls sys - Address F E D Base at F E Datastamp F Error STOP x E xC OxF DA D OxF FEA OxF FE Portcls sys - Address F DA D Base at F DA Datastamp CCC --------------- Computer Restarts Randomly My computer will restart randomly it could happen when i just start it up or mins later I have scanned my computer with Norton Anti Virus AVG Antivirus AD Aware and Spybot and none of these find anything Please help i have ran out of options thank you nbsp

A:Computer Restarts Randomly

Welcome Stejohno. For $70 US I can diagnose ...

That error could be from several things. First and formost is virus or malware. You say you've checked - I believe you.

Second is from any software access violation in memory. This includes good and bad software.

More than likely it's sound system.

Try
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/921401/en-us
if it's MIDI, a hotfix will take care of it.

but from the data you've supplied it's a little hard to troubleshoot. But the Yanks will come to your rescue.

Portcls.sys has been replaced by a hotfix by M$.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-restarts-randomly.108191/
Relevancy 25.8%

okay i just got a dell dimension e not brand new from a friend who couldn t fix the computer either when i got it it started rebooting by itself so no whats idea wrong PC restarts i unchecked this so called quot dont reboot after system error quot option and started getting BSOD instead BSOD such as quot page fault error quot and other random messages i thought it was my ram so i did a test with memtest and it didnt detect any errors i went out and bought a gb module and replaced my old ram the BSOD stopped and its back to rebooting PC restarts no idea whats wrong over again sometimes it will reboot and end up in a loop what could it be could it PC restarts no idea whats wrong be overheating i only have fans in my system which are fans in the power supply and mm CPU fan i ran a program called quot PC wizard quot and shows my hard drives are at c also sometimes my PC will shut down and give a system beep message long long long and cant figure it out here is a download link to all my mini dumps that appeared in my minidump windows folder sorry but i had to use rapidshare because the forums limit is kb and this zip is around kb maybe someone could analyze them for me http rapidshare com files Minidump zip html thanks PC restarts no idea whats wrong to all for helping me btw my specs are gb hard drive pentium GHz gb ram watt power supply geforce GT nbsp

A:PC restarts no idea whats wrong

Maybe the hard drive is failing...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-restarts-no-idea-whats-wrong.107215/
Relevancy 26.66%

I realised tat when i game without turnin on the air-con, my com tends to like to restart itself after around 30mins of assassin's creed/gears of war. when i turn on the air-con,it can last for hours. So is it a heat issue?My CPU temp is normally around 55-60degC when gamin and GPU 65-70degC. Is that considered sooo hot that the pc have to restart itself so as to protect my cpmputer components?

A:PC restarts after gaming for a while

Way too hot, consider buying a VGA cooler and a better CPU cooler. When its to high your computer may restart

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-restarts-after-gaming-for-a-while.104549/
Relevancy 25.8%

hi,

my works computer has started playing up again :S

anyway this is how it goes

i turned on my computer this morning and it had been running fine for around and hour and a half then for no reason it restarted ... i lost what i was working on .. i am less than impressed lol
anyway after about 30mins of working again it decides to restart yet again

the only thing i can think is that its the processor over heating but looking at the temperatures it shoudl be fine

can any of you guys suggest anything?

thanks in advance

A:Work computer restarts for no apparent reason

Is this an HP. Is this an AMD processor computer? Do you have Service Pack 3 installed.
Tell us more about your brand and model, OS, and computer age?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/work-computer-restarts-for-no-apparent-reason.106025/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hello, just recently, i upgraded my video card from a geforce4 mx4000 to a geforce 6200A. After installing the card i ran nfsu2 and started playing it. However, when im playing this game, the computer constantly restarts. Ive checked the temp of the cpu and the video card but both are normal after the restart. The system did not restart with my mx4000. Im suspecting that my psu is the problem as it is only a 300watt, But i could be wrong?

These are my system specs:

Intel Pentium III 1Ghz
512MB Ram
20GB Seagate HDD
Gigabyte GA-6VXC7-4X Motherboard
Nvidia GeForce 6200A 128MB (AGP)
Hyena 300watt ATX Power Supply.

Cheers, Nissanman.

A:Computer restarts after video card upgrade

So basically my question is this, Is a 300watt PSU enough for a 6200 or is it not enough? If its enough, Why would my system be restarting? It restarts mostly in video intensive games or when i overclock it a little. It never restarts when im in Windows.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-restarts-after-video-card-upgrade.105985/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hi i got a problem with my Pc runing with my configuration about years without bigger problems but now i got random restarts without error I come from work start the computer and i get a random restart after min only in windows then a next one then i play games for hours Random restarts and nothing and then again a restart Thought it was a software or win problem I formated the disk and installed windows but i still got restarts Tried to test it in safe mode i think i got only restart in safe mode tested it for days about hours a day Then i tried to put out Ram then the Random restarts other but the problem still persist Dont think its a Ram problem or power supply i had a power supply problem with my older pc and i had freezes not restarts Thx a lot for help My config p HT asus MB P R -VM MSI Geforce GT MB VIVO x GB DDR RAM Kingston GB HDD Seagate GB HDD WD Power supply - Thermaltake W nbsp

A:Random restarts

Try running the computer with the case open for a few days, and see if you get these restarts. While you have it open, clean out any dust and make sure that all the fans are clean and running properly

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/random-restarts.104999/
Relevancy 26.23%

When I boot my computer that I just built when it gets to loading windows part the bar moves about 3 clicks or spots across then it reboots. I am using my old hard drive that worked fine. It has windows on it from my old computer that wasnt even old just needed new every thing.

A:Restarts When Loading Windows

Im pretty sure you can get serious messed up ness if you try to put a windows from one comp to another because of hardware issues. I wish you could do that though . I MAY be wrong however...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/restarts-when-loading-windows.104656/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hi,

Yesterday when i enabled SLI it enabled it correctly, but every 5 minutes it would BSOD and restart (this occurs even when not playing games). So I took the 2nd card out and let it run to make sure things were still fine. Today I put the 2nd card back in along with the sli bridge, and when I try to enable SLI it will restart, and the nvidia control panel will still say SLI is disabled. I reinstalled the nvidia display drivers but that didn't help.

Build:
Motherboard- Asus a8n32 SLI deluxe
Graphic cards- 1) Evga geforce 7600 GT 256 mb
2) Nvidia geforce 7600 gt 256 mb (received from nvidia, was originally used by them for testing purposes)
Memory- DDR Single channel, 2 sticks of 1 gb each, (one is PQI brand the other is corsair)
CPU- Athlon 64 X2 4600+ 2.4 GHz
Power supply- Thermaltake purepower 600 w
Amperage- 36A total

A:Restarts when trying to enable SLI

Return the motherboard for another...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/restarts-when-trying-to-enable-sli.103588/
Relevancy 25.8%

I would like some help with this If anyone know. I have been trying to play games on this emachine. t2825. and after a while it will just click off power and reboot. I have tryed to contact emachine and they say to download the latest driver from ati. but that is not it. HELP. I dont know who else to turn too so I did a search and found this place.

thanks
victoria

A:Computer just powers down and restarts by itselt

Hmmm this is kinda a rare thing but first of all can you give me the specs of the machine?

Have you ever upgraded it?

Try downloading speedfan to monitor the temperatures of your CPU.

Some computers restart when the temperature hits a specific amount in order to protect it from overheating.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-just-powers-down-and-restarts-by-itselt.103144/
Relevancy 25.8%

Everytime i try running a game that worked previously, my computer restarts itself...wad could be the problem??

A:Everytime i start runnin a game, it restarts...

Maybe you could be a bit more detailed, also please add your system spec to your profile and click yes to show system spec.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/everytime-i-start-runnin-a-game-it-restarts.102572/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hope people can give me advice on this problem because it is absolutely puzzling me and I m just about ready to throw my laptop out of Restarts Random the window Recently i bought a new GB Ram card for my laptop because both Ram card slots on have a mb card i had to take out and then put the new GB card in so i upgraded to mb Ram from Random Restarts mb After a couple of days my system shut down automatically and restarted i thought nothing of it at the time and nothing else happened for about - days then yesterday and today it has been constantly restarting yesterday about Random Restarts times in hours and then today about once every minutes for the last hour I think i my have a temp or power supply problem but not sure I have been monitoring temps of the CPU and HDD and the they are higher than what they were before i added the new card there is not so much difference in the CPU about C the CPU temp is currently C and doesn t go higher than C but the HDD temp has skyrocketed to between - C from about - C so i am thinking the problem is temp and the power supply If anyone has any thoughts i would greatly appreciate them I will post my system spec on my profile as well nbsp

A:Random Restarts

Ok i have reseated the RAM and have double checked that it is fully seated and also Ran Memtest86 which showed no errors in 5 passes not had a restart yet though so will see if anything happens.
I will try to run a virus scan and spyware scan as well see if that finds anything.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/random-restarts.101945/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hi this is my first post. lately my pc has been restarting itself while playing games. i recently installed a new video card. i think it could be low power supply. anyone have any ideas?

A:Pc restarts itself while gaming

Most likely your power supply. If you have any low-end cards lying around your house, trying using those to see if it causes a problem.

What video card are you using and how many watts does your PSU supply?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-restarts-itself-while-gaming.102546/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hi my PC sometimes restarts not so very often while playing games I ve managed to get the minidump Random restarts of my latest PC restart but I am not familiar with that Maybe someone can tell me what is causing that restarts Here it is Use analyze -v to get detailed debugging information BugCheck A ff e ea Unable to Random restarts load image AmdK sys Win error n WARNING Unable to verify timestamp for AmdK sys ERROR Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for AmdK Random restarts sys Probably caused by hardware AmdK Followup MachineOwner --------- kd gt analyze -v Bugcheck Analysis IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL a An attempt was made to access a pageable or completely invalid address at an interrupt request level IRQL that is too Random restarts high This is usually caused by drivers using improper addresses If a kernel debugger is available get the stack backtrace Arguments Arg memory referenced Arg ff IRQL Arg bitfield bit value read operation write operation bit value not an execute operation execute operation only on chips which support this level of status Arg e ea address which referenced memory Debugging Details ------------------ READ ADDRESS CURRENT IRQL ff FAULTING IP hal HalpClockInterrupt c e ea b d mov ebx dword ptr ds CUSTOMER CRASH COUNT DEFAULT BUCKET ID DRIVER FAULT BUGCHECK STR xA PROCESS NAME Idle MISALIGNED IP hal HalpClockInterrupt c e ea b d mov ebx dword ptr ds UNALIGNED STACK POINTER c LAST CONTROL TRANSFER from ba ab to e ea STACK TEXT c ba ab badb d e hal HalpClockInterrupt x c WARNING Stack unwind information not available Following frames may be wrong ffdffc ffdff b a AmdK x d c e xffdffc e nt KiIdleLoop x STACK COMMAND kb FOLLOWUP IP AmdK ba ab SYMBOL STACK INDEX SYMBOL NAME AmdK FOLLOWUP NAME MachineOwner IMAGE NAME hardware DEBUG FLR IMAGE TIMESTAMP MODULE NAME hardware FAILURE BUCKET ID IP MISALIGNED BUCKET ID IP MISALIGNED Followup MachineOwner nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/random-restarts.102272/
Relevancy 26.23%

My system is pretty ok for the games i run I mostly play rpg like world of warcraft and occasinally counter strike So the problem started around last week I shut off my system like i always do at night and wake up the next morning I start up world of warcraft play it for about - min then it sunddenly closes I get this error from a program i use called xfire its a IM program with Restarts errors Computer used for gaming So i turn off xfire and restart world of warcraft I play for another - min then Computer Restarts with errors i get the windows Computer Restarts with errors error saying that wow exe has encountered a problem So i once again start it up and - min later my computer just shuts off This happens every time i play a game it either starts off with a error then shuts down Or my computer just restarts Im pretty sure its not over heating becuase my temps look fine and ive never had a over heating problem before This sometimes happens when im watching vidoes on firefox also Please help with this situation with any advice Thanks nbsp

A:Computer Restarts with errors

No i dont get the blue screen
and im not sure if it is malware
i scan with Ad-Aware and Spybot and it seems to be fine
my specs are :

Intel pentuim 4 2.6~2.7 ghz
2 Corsair 512mb ( 1g) ram
Raptor 160gb 10000rpm hard drive ( i think )
ATI radeon 9550 256mb AGP
MSI 7060 motherboard
Creative sound blaster live 24bit sound card

The error says Microsoft has encountered a problem with WoW.exe or watevr game im playing , and then the options are send or dont send error. After that my computer just restarts

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-restarts-with-errors.101627/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hello I m having trouble with my laptop About weeks ago I turned it on and it kept freezing while I was trying to do simple things like go on the internet etc so i kept turning it off and back on every time i get to the desktop it will either freeze or restart about Laptop freezes/restarts it restarts my screen goes black but the hdd is still spinning so far i have - checked the RAM and it is good - checked the temperature of my computer it is staying mostly Laptop freezes/restarts between - c I know that that is a bit high for a laptop but i m not sure if it is high enough to mess me computer up - ive reformatted my hard drive - ive taken my memory out and switched slots just incase something might have become lose in the past you never know - ive also cleaned my fan out As of right now my computer was just flashing the bios splash screen for a split second and then it will go black while the hdd is still spinning Right now it is completly black with the hdd still spinning does anyone know what may be happening and how im able to fix it nbsp

A:Laptop freezes/restarts

Remove the battery and try running off the AC adapter

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-freezes-restarts.101478/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hi!
I had to replace the cooling fan for my CPU in my computer because one of the fan blade broke off. When I did, the computer keeps restarting when it trys to load windows. I try going into safe mode and "last good know configuration" but it does the same thing. I don't have a windows cd for it eaither.
I plugged the fan into the same spot.
It looks like its trying to give a blue screen but its restarting waaaay to fast...

Any suggestions?

Thanks!

A:Computer randomly restarts

Did you remove the entire CPU cooling heatsink assembly, or just the fan?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-randomly-restarts.101414/
Relevancy 31.82%

I can t Increase Memory Unexpected in find an explanation for this anywhere with Google so i m hoping someone here might have an answer to this good problem I guess I have four DDR pc sticks in my asus a ae-le mobo GB mb mb mb The most recent is a gb ultra stick After I first installed it about ten days ago my computer was at gigs I thought nothing of it I was just satisfied to be over gigs Now I just checked my specs and it s at Unexpected Increase in Memory GB s What causes this If it matters I recently installed a mb Sapphire Radeon x mb bit video card and a new watt hec power supply up from so I could run Guitar Hero Unexpected Increase in Memory And also when I installed the gig of memory I put ultra memory coolers on the gb stick and the stick Any theories Also i m aware that Unexpected Increase in Memory xp has some issues with hibernation on rigs with high memory Is it reasonably safe for me to hibernate I installed the hotfix for that quot api quot issue Sorry if i m asking too much Thanks for your time Screenshots attached below nbsp

A:Unexpected Increase in Memory

I think it takes your physical RAM and then adds the memory you have designated to be used as RAM from your HDD.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unexpected-increase-in-memory.99222/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hello I really could use some Entry restarts and KernelFaultCheck Computer help I haven t installed anything new or done anything different to my computer Earlier today it kept rebooting for no reason repeatedly and at one point wouldn t turn on at all I waited turned it Computer restarts and KernelFaultCheck Entry on disconnected the internet and it hasn t rebooted so far I m on another one now I did a hijack this scan and a new entry has appeared Computer restarts and KernelFaultCheck Entry O - HKLM Run KernelFaultCheck systemroot system dumprep -k I also received a message that the system has recovered from a serious error and one of them Computer restarts and KernelFaultCheck Entry the f code is an unexpected kernel mode trap whatever the heck that is- I have no idea I also have a mini dump file - I am running XP home edition ver with service pack Should I fix the KernelFaultCheck in my hijack this log or leave it there and is there any way for me to figure out what is causing the error Any help would be greatly appreciated Thank you nbsp

A:Computer restarts and KernelFaultCheck Entry

You are infected...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-restarts-and-kernelfaultcheck-entry.98558/
Relevancy 26.66%

Whenever my brother-in-law trys to play a video off of youtube his computer will restart.
Is it something wrong with his motherboard or graphics card?

Thanks!

A:Computer restarts

It could be any number of things.... Do you have any specs about the PC?

1st off I'd rule out the RAM and Hatd Drive as possible culprits by running Memtest http://www.memtest86.com/ and the Hard Drive Diagnostic for whatever vrand of drive he has http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic7602.html .

Any failures, and you've found your problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-restarts.98465/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hi my PC is a PC POST at restarts Pentium A GHz with MB ram etc Lately the PC keeps restarting for no reason It keeps restarting at the POST screen or even when I m in BIOS If I am really lucky I can PC restarts at POST get to the Windows XP desktop only for it to restart I have ruled out the HDD as a faulty HDD won t be a culprit for restarts at the POST screen I have changed the power supply and the power outlet to which the PC is plugged into I don t see any quot swollen quot or quot bloated quot capacitors on the motherboard and I have replaced the RAM with a new stick Sometimes when the PC restarts the monitor doesn PC restarts at POST t detect anything the USB mouse light will be ON and the NUM lock light will be lighted and jammed for a long time I suspect the culprit is the mobo or the CPU itself Any suggestions and advice will be much appreciated Thank you nbsp

A:PC restarts at POST

have you checked to see if there is a BIOS update for you system. Many times BIOS issues just show up, after some triggering event happens on a computer.
could be.
Have you performed a virus scan? what virus software do you use? Is it up to date?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-restarts-at-post.98442/
Relevancy 26.23%

Ok guys bare with me when it comes to pc s I am a little lost I had a trial run of system mechanic pro on my system which operated fine I never had any problems with my system system restarts or anything of the sort My trial ran out and I didn t have the money to buy it so I decided to uninstall it for Restarts Computer no Reason and go to a free antivirus and firewall Before I uninstalled System Mechanic I downloaded the firewall and antivirus but I did NOT install them I just Computer Restarts for no Reason saved them to my desktop I went to my control panel and click the remove button Computer Restarts for no Reason and Computer Restarts for no Reason it said that it could not remove it Some things did remove but others would not So at first I ended up blocking my IP address with trying to remove this stupid program but I got that fixed It said that it was not installed so I installed the new antivirus and firewall but when I rebooted the system mechanic loaded along with the new anti and firewall that I just installed but I got an error saying that real time setting could not be loaded I downloaded REVO an uninstaller program and seemed to get rid of it the System Mechanic didn t load and I am thinking this is great Now I am faced with a new problem my system just reboots whenever it likes My screen just goes black and it goes through the normal start up process There are no error messages just a normal reboot Another thing is when I click start and then restart my system just sits there I can t initiate a manual reboot There is no way that I can afford a new pc right now I am getting ready to move and I need every penny so if you can hell me I would really appreciate it Oh and please talk to me like I am two because PC lingo is not a strong point with me I do well to be able to remember quot msconfig quot Thank you so much for your answers I really need some help on this one and I don t know anyone that I can turn to nbsp

A:Computer Restarts for no Reason

my recommendation is to first uninstall the new antivirus and firewall software - reboot computer - then reinstall System Mechanic Pro 7 the same way you did before. It should allow you to reinstall it.
Once it is fully installed, reboot computer again.
Now uninstall System Mechanic Pro 7 from the add remove programs in Windows control panel. Pick any choices that imply complete removal. do not pick any boxes that imply remembering any settings. This should insure complete removal.
Read the "Uninstalling iolo AntiVirus from System Mechanic Professional" section on http://www.iolo.com/customercare/kbarticle.aspx?id=KBA-01902
It gives the proper steps to uninstall.

What free antivirus did you pick? I also recommend that you just use the Windows Firewall provided by XP service pack 2. (I am assuming that you don't have Vista installed since you were running System Mechanic 7) The windows Firewall is (in my opinion) far better than the "cheap" firewalls out there.

I hope this gives at least a little help. If you need any clarification at all please ask. There is no stupid question except the one not asked.

SUB

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-restarts-for-no-reason.98331/
Relevancy 26.66%

I read several of the threads about random restarts but was unable to find my specific problem. My most recent error was:

C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER7236.dir00\Mini020108-01.dmp
C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER7236.dir00\sysdata.xml

BCCode : 10000050 BCP1 : E13A0000 BCP2 : 00000000 BCP3 : 805034A1
BCP4 : 00000001 OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 768_1

I also get the Page_Fault_In_Nonpaged_Area BSOD.

So far I've tested out my ram (took one stick out still had problems, switched em, still had problems.) I've tested my video card (took my new video card out and switched it with my old one) and still had the same problems. I recently bought a new hardrive but I'm waiting on the adapter to come in. If anyone can help it would be much appreciated.

Thanks,
Jujee

A:Random restarts

C:\DOCUME~1\Owner\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER7236.dir00\Mini020108-01.dmpClick to expand...

find this and upload someone will be able to read the debugger files

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/random-restarts.98224/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hello all internal shuts then HD down, restarts 2nd randomly this is my first post here and judging from other posts looks like I fight find my answer here I have two internal SATA hard drives not as 2nd internal HD shuts down, then restarts randomly a RAID but independent My C drive for programs and D for extra future storage I bought the computer last spring from Gateway which normally sells this model with two drives as a RAID but I aksed that they not be I hadn t been using the computer much until recently when I noticed that the second drive D will spin down I hear it and immediately spin up After 2nd internal HD shuts down, then restarts randomly a month or so of troubleshooting on and off I cannot find any pattern Sometimes it never happens other times it starts after the computer s been on for a half hour then it spins down and up and down and up etc It keeps cycling UNTIL I open any file on the D drive save it and then the drive remains quot on quot for quot a while quot - meaning sometimes ten minutes sometimes hours before if it begins spinning down again I have hard drive monitoring software Hard Drive Inspector pro so I can see that the problem doesn t 2nd internal HD shuts down, then restarts randomly appear to be heat related though quot sometimes quot it seem it spins down when the temp of that drive reaches F The C drive is always - degrees cooler bec of the placement of the drives and the front cooling fan The D drive was getting much hotter before I added a small quiet hard drive fan near by I ve consulted with Gateway Tech support still under warranty they first sent me a new drive which did NOT cure the problem I ve checked all the cables and all are secure I ve updated the bios with Gateway s help Didn t fix it Gateway s next suggestion is to replace the motherboard which they will do but this seems like a problem that must have a simpler answer I m wondering is it has something to do with a RAID setting somewhere that should have been turned off I see in the bios settings under Drive Configuration there is the quot Configure SATA as quot option which is set to RAID choices are IDE RAID AHCI Rut reading posts here and elsewhere it seems that that is correct even for no-RAIDed drives and I m a bit timid about changing it based on some posts I read I ve also tried changing in Windows the power saving settings but that had no effect Again this is only for the one drive and very seemingly random Although I didn t quot hear quot the problem until a couple of months ago it may have been always happening but because of the noise in the room air conditioner I didn t notice it I now use the computer with the side off so I can listen and worry more easily Thanks - Bob nbsp

A:2nd internal HD shuts down, then restarts randomly

Drive diagnostic utilities
http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic7602.html

Don't know if that helps you or not.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/2nd-internal-hd-shuts-down-then-restarts-randomly.94962/
Relevancy 26.23%

hi
i have a problem with my computer making random restarts...it happens mostly when i play games (first happened after i installed World Of Warcraft) and its been going on ever since.
i thought it was a hardware issue so i sent it to the lab, when they told me that my fan was messed up so they replaced it. but it seems as though that was not the problem because it keeps restarting even after i got it back from the lab.
could it be a virus or an infection? i dont think its dust or cooling issues because the lab cleaned the dust off.

b.t.w my specs are:
Intel Pentium 4 3.40 Ghz
Windows XP professional (english)
NVidia GeForce 6600
1024 RAM
Intel 82801G Ultra ATA (i think that's the motherboard :monkey: )

A:Computer random restarts

Do you have the latest Geforce drivers installed, from the Nvidia website?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-random-restarts.96057/
Relevancy 25.8%

My friend just built his computer a few weeks ago, had no problems for the first week and a half, but now for some reason his computer will restart w/o warning while he's playing any game. It doesn't happen while streaming videos, or doing any other task. He has already checked his BIOS to make sure his computer doesn't shutdown on blue screens, and he monitored his temperatures while he's in game and they all are normal. None of his stuff is over clocked either.

SPECS:
680W Power Supply
Q6600 @ 2.4
ASUS P5N32-E 680i nForce board
EVGA 8800gts
2 gigs of Corsair XMS2
10k RPM 150g Western Digital Raptor

A:Random computer restarts while in game

What's the brand on the power supply?

Run memtest for at least 7 passes to stress-test the RAM (even though Corsair is usually problem-free).

Make sure all drivers are updated. Especially the video driver (since it crashes in-game). The latest Forceware driver is 169.21

Right-click My Computer and select Properties. Go to the "Advanced" tab and click "Settings" under "Startup and Recovery". Make sure "Automatically Restart" is NOT checked.

Good luck.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/random-computer-restarts-while-in-game.96189/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hi all Any help you can offer me on this would be greatly appreciated I m using WindowsXP Home Ed SP BSOD) Computer random restarts (optional Once into Windows and doing my own thing the computer will reset itself seemingly at random Never Computer random restarts (optional BSOD) after the same amount of time just randomly Initially it would restart before I shut option off Now I get the BSOD with IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL and x A xF DFF x FF x x E E Does anybody have any ideas It just keeps happening I m surprised I got to type this much already without it happening again Run memtest with no issues no spyware or viruses either BIOS is up to date AMD Athlon Processor MB RAM GIGABYTE motherboard K Triton Series - GA-K NMF- thanks in advance for any advice Gizmo EDIT in addition if it does not reset in this manner XP will occasionally hang and leave me unable to do anything even ctrl alt delete nbsp

A:Computer random restarts (optional BSOD)

generally attributed to bad or failing ram. run memtest 86+ booted from a CD or a floppy for at least 7 passes. Any errors are bad and require ram replacement. pay attention to the error block #s, they will tell you which stick(s) have failed.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-random-restarts-optional-bsod.95408/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hello as the title says my computer keeps restarting randomly mainly randomly restarts Computer when burning movies or playing games or even sometimes while using msn messenger it used to come up with a BSOD but i changed the setting so it would just restart because i found it of no help i have Computer restarts randomly tried to remove one of my ram modules and then the same with the other to check if one of them is bad however they both run the same seperately i have tried to used Computer restarts randomly the Microsoft Computer restarts randomly memory diagnostic tool and it came um LRAND failure i went to see what ram module it found the error in and it turned it found errors split up into both rams i am running out of ideas i was pretty sure it was the memory i hope it s not the motherboard or cpu because that generally means a new computer completely However it wasn t always like this it was only after i bought a new dvd drive hard drive because it stuffed up and a new ram module Also for some reason my minidump folder is always empty i m not sure what that means because it does crash a lot My Specs are Pentium ghz hypthreading enabled gb ram mb lite on dvd burner lg dvd reader mb graphics card any help would be appreciated thankyou nbsp

A:Computer restarts randomly

Your only choice is to buy or borrow another memory module, and try it alternately in each slot to see if performance returns to normal.
However, it is very unusual for both memory modules to go bad at once. You should be concerned about what caused that double failure.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-restarts-randomly.93626/
Relevancy 25.8%

Just built a new computer and it ran great for about a week or so.

ASUS P5K-V LGA 775 Intel G33 ATX Intel Motherboard
GeForce 8600GTS 256MB 128-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16
Rosewill RX950-S-B ATX Power SupplyIntel core 2 quad q6600
OCZ (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066
320GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive

also running Windows XP Professional with sp2

the computer is randomly restarting while in Windows, while loading the OS, while going through the normal boot process, and even restarted once while in the bios. No blue screen or anything. any idea on what it might be?

EDITED:
Can't currently post a link but here's the info:
w3.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817182096
Rosewill RX950-S-B ATX 12V v2.2 & EPS 12V v2.91 950W Power Supply 100 - 240 V TUV, FCC, UL, CE, ROHS
i must have cut some things out when i posted

A:Random Restarts on newly built computer

Rosewill RX950-S-B ATX ??? Never heard of it. With the specs of your rig, your PSU is about the second most important component (after cpu).
Can you give us the spec of this psu? Amps on each Rail (12V, 5V) and over all wattage please.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/random-restarts-on-newly-built-computer.94387/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hello I made a partition on my hard drive. I set it as primary. When I restarted my computer it would try to load up the desktop then boots. Please help.

A:Computer Restarts

We need to know your system and model. Then tell us how you created the partition.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-restarts.94350/
Relevancy 26.66%

Crysis at all high settings/1024*768 is causing random restarts between 1-5 minutes into gameplay. I know my PSU could be a little better, but I think I have enough power and it has 27A on the 12V rails. I'm using rivatuner to change the GPU fan speed and at 100% and it idles around 50C. What is causing this and how can I fix it...Thanks

Also, how can I see the current temp in game under load?

Windows XP SP2
Athlon X2 6000+ stock
Palit 8800gt 512 stock
2gb 800mhz ram
450W PSU (27 amps)

A:Crysis restarts

I ran 3dMark06 and right when the first test finished I checked the hardware monitor in rivatuner and my GPU temp was right under 70...and then it rebooted. What gives?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/crysis-restarts.94336/
Relevancy 24.94%

I was having network connectivity issues earlier tonight so I decided to disable my network card and re-enable it (I'm using xp home). So, I go ahead with this plan but when I re-enable the connection my computer decides to restart itself.
I have noticed the computer restarts itself ONLY when accessing the network card. If the computer is not connected to the network, it stays running like it should. As soon as I plug the cable in the computer reboots itself. I also tried uninstalling and reinstalling the card in windows but as soon as the card starts to be installed again the computer reboots. I thought maybe the network card was bad, tried another one and the same thing is happening.

Does anyone have any suggestions or ideas?

A:Computer restarts when cat5 cable is plugged into network card

same problem from spyware ULTIMATE CLEANER

I have the same problem .. Have just restored a computer from
the ultimate cleaner malware and now everything works fine
except when I plug in the network and then the computer restarts
H e l p

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-restarts-when-cat5-cable-is-plugged-into-network-card.41299/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hey guys see if you can nail this one I recently bought a new Restarts Computer Randomly Mod. After PC case with a PSU I took all the pieces out of my old computer and put them in the new case Admittidly Computer Randomly Restarts After Mod. this is the first time I tried this After hours of work and trial I managed to get it all to turn on but I m getting random restarts here are some observations about the restarts - Happens usually after I enter my password to login - Sometimes logs in and will work for anywhere Computer Randomly Restarts After Mod. between mins and hours - Won t restart until I login can sit at login screen for hours I have Windows XP and nothing in the event log helps me I have turned automatic restart to off Also the PSU supplied is more powerful than my previous one I think Overheating should not be an issue I am pretty sure and my RAM is being detected I also did a disk check and it showed nothing I m out of ideas All help appreciated cheers blush P S Would the order of the Power SW Reset SW and HDD LED wires cause this I do not have the manual for my MOBO so cannot be certain if they re in the right places nbsp

A:Computer Randomly Restarts After Mod.

I suggest you try your old psu even if just to eliminate the possibility of the new one being faulty.

Let me know how you get on.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-randomly-restarts-after-mod.94019/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hi,
my system restarts irritatingly without any warning. Could u plz help me out?

Have reinstalled windows & got a new power supply... the prob just doesn't go away..

This is what i get after the computer restarts:

Windows has recovered from a serious error:

error signature

BCCode : 9c BCP1 : 00000004 BCP2 : 805461F0 BCP3 : B2000000
BCP4 : 00070F0F OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 2_0 Product : 256_1

the following files will be included in the error report
C:\....\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER3b77.dir00\Mini120707-04.dmp
C:\.....\LOCALS~1\Temp\WER3b77.dir00\sysdata.xml

MY SPECIFICATIONS:

Windows XP SP2,

AMD Athlon 64bit processor 2800+ 1.81 GHz
Asus K8NF4G motherboard
448 MB Ram (doesn't detect 512 MB)

2 years of exhaustive usage

thanks for ur time....

A:Computer Restarts W/O Warning

the error code sounds like a video card problem. is it an onboard video? btw this would explain your 448 mb of 512 mb = 64 mb shared video memory.
try to find the latest whql driver and try again.

my two cents
mscrx

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-restarts-w-o-warning.93969/