Windows Support Forum

System crash, repair no work, can't get beyond Windows splash screen

Q: System crash, repair no work, can't get beyond Windows splash screen

No matter what I do I can't get into Windows work, get splash Windows no repair can't beyond screen crash, System That includes Safe Mode Therefore I can't get error dump info Windows repair can't fix it Repair result Fail Error code x Ran repair over times Restore won't work says I need to set protected mode Can't boot how can I do this under this System crash, repair no work, can't get beyond Windows splash screen circumstance When attempt to boot to Safe Mode get the same BSOD right after the Windows splash screen Neither Normal boot or Last Known Good work either No new hardware but I was running backup programs when it happened I had just finished backing up and cloning my C drive to a new HDD and also ran a Registry Cleaner when it suddenly rebooted and displayed the BSOD Yesterday I defragged the HDD and used the System crash, repair no work, can't get beyond Windows splash screen PC without trouble all day today until today's sudden BSOD No new devices other than the HDD which is certainly not part of the problem I ran a bootable WinPE CD and checked for HDD errors found none This year old Seagate Barracuda C has shown no signs of problems no noise no reboots etc Every scan test passed without error I'm System crash, repair no work, can't get beyond Windows splash screen stuck hours of troubleshooting and I give up I'm open for suggestions

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: System crash, repair no work, can't get beyond Windows splash screen

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: System crash, repair no work, can't get beyond Windows splash screen

Hello and welcome retread mate I think the problem lies in that reg clean out you did. I do not use any reg clean up tools except CCleaner and then I always backup the result before I fix.
As a general rule it is a good idea to back up the registry when you first install.

To do that go to Start > type regedit > right click > run as admin > File > save as - put it wherever you like a stick is good idea as well as the documents.

Now have you "cleaned" the reg in the clone?? if not then just maybe you need to disconnect the drive that is playing up and boot from the clone and reclone that back to the original drive. But for your own sake get rid of that reg cleaner mate.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/305473-system-crash-repair-no-work-cant-get-beyond-windows-splash-screen.html
Relevancy 91.59%

Hi there I ve never posted here before but ive looked over about a thousand threads here mode repair XP screen, crash install splash and winxp safe & all trying to find a solution to my problem Here s the problem I was playing fallout which glitched so I had to hold the power button down till my pc turned off Now at the windows xp splash screen it crashes reboots It also does this trying to load any form of safe mode I have a windows xp sp cd and I tried to re-install or repair windows but both options result in a blue-screen of death the moment i press enter or r I ve detached and re-attached XP splash screen, safe mode and winxp install & repair all crash my videocard my ram my dvd burner etc with no success I ve messed around with almost every bios option i have only to end up putting them back to default as nothing worked I am currently running the diagnostic tests on it but all of them so far have passed So I ve played fallout tons and its never had any problems at least nothing XP splash screen, safe mode and winxp install & repair all crash like this so i doubt it has anything to do with overheating Also I have absolutely no new hardware everything should be working fine My pc stats are Dell dimension e with intel pentium g processor radeon hd on pci-e gigs of single channel ddr ram at mhz gig WD sata hd at rpm running windows xp home sp it might be the bit edition but my comp is screwed so i cant check it

A:XP splash screen, safe mode and winxp install & repair all crash

Hello and Welcome to TSF,

What is the psu you are running?
Brand and wattage?

You can open up side of tower to find this out, where power cord plugs into rear of pc.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-splash-screen-safe-mode-and-winxp-install-and-repair-all-crash-378322.html
Relevancy 80.41%

Minidump zip is attached. Been getting BSODs for a while now and they seem to be getting worse. Right now I cant boot into normal win7 without getting a BSOD in 30 seconds in the context of a new 560 Ti since the old one died (I uninstalled drivers properly using driversweeper in safe mode as well). They usually occur 1-2 minutes after win7 splash screen finishes loading and seem to occur faster if I try to do stuff while computer is loading startup programs. If I can make it past the first 5 mins I usually will not get BSODs unless I restart. Booting into safe mode does not trigger BSODs.

A:BSOD crash right after Windows splash screen

Quote: Originally Posted by MD2be

Minidump zip is attached. Been getting BSODs for a while now and they seem to be getting worse. Right now I cant boot into normal win7 without getting a BSOD in 30 seconds in the context of a new 560 Ti since the old one died (I uninstalled drivers properly using driversweeper in safe mode as well). They usually occur 1-2 minutes after win7 splash screen finishes loading and seem to occur faster if I try to do stuff while computer is loading startup programs. If I can make it past the first 5 mins I usually will not get BSODs unless I restart. Booting into safe mode does not trigger BSODs.

These crashes were caused by a memory exception. Please run these two tests to verify your memory and find which driver is causing the problem.
1-Memtest.

*Download a copy of Memtest86 and burn the ISO to a CD using Iso Recorder or another ISO burning program. Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

*Boot from the CD, and leave it running for at least 5 or 6 passes.

Just remember, any time Memtest reports errors, it can be either bad RAM or a bad motherboard slot.

Test the sticks individually, and if you find a good one, test it in all slots.

RAM - Test with Memtest86+

2-Driver verifier

Quote:
I'd suggest that you first backup your data and then make sure you've got access to another computer so you can contact us if problems arise. Then make a System Restore point (so you can restore the system using the Vista/Win7 Startup Repair feature).

In Windows 7 you can make a Startup Repair disk by going to Start....All Programs...Maintenance...Create a System Repair Disc - with Windows Vista you'll have to use your installation disk or the "Repair your computer" option at the top of the Safe Mode menu .

Then, here's the procedure:
- Go to Start and type in "verifier" (without the quotes) and press Enter
- Select "Create custom settings (for code developers)" and click "Next"
- Select "Select individual settings from a full list" and click "Next"
- Select everything EXCEPT FOR "Low Resource Simulation" and click "Next"
- Select "Select driver names from a list" and click "Next"
Then select all drivers NOT provided by Microsoft and click "Next"
- Select "Finish" on the next page.

Reboot the system and wait for it to crash to the Blue Screen. Continue to use your system normally, and if you know what causes the crash, do that repeatedly. The objective here is to get the system to crash because Driver Verifier is stressing the drivers out. If it doesn't crash for you, then let it run for at least 36 hours of continuous operation (an estimate on my part).

If you can't get into Windows because it crashes too soon, try it in Safe Mode.
If you can't get into Safe Mode, try using System Restore from your installation DVD to set the system back to the previous restore point that you created.

Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/196589-bsod-crash-right-after-windows-splash-screen.html
Relevancy 79.12%

I will blue disk screen work crash-repair/recovery won't try blue screen crash-repair/recovery disk won't work to make a long story short Bought my Acer Aspire X approx' months ago it had windows home premium bit All was fine until I blue screen crash-repair/recovery disk won't work tried running installing things that worked fine on my old computer that ran XP After researching the Microsoft site I bought download and ugraded to window professional I downloaded installed the XP mode virutal pc stuff and still couldn't run my scanner or ACCU CHECK glucose software As it turned out I was going away for weeks so figured I'd worry about the computer when I got home again Got home and the pc just kept restarting itself and then crashed I cannot start it in safe mode it will not open OS at all I had made a repair disk as suggested and saved image file to my external hard drive BUT nothing works Please can anyone help me with this The blue screen says A problem has been detected and windows has shut down toprevent damage to your computer NTFS sys PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen restart computer If this screen appears again follow these steps check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed If this is a new installation ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any windows updates you might need If problems continue disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components restart your computer press F to select safe mode Technical information STOP x xfffff ec a x xfffff c e x ntfs sys - address fffff c e base at fffff c datestamp A BC F

A:blue screen crash-repair/recovery disk won't work

Quote: Originally Posted by DebraPearse

I will try to make a long story short

Bought my Acer Aspire X3900 approx' 3 months ago, it had windows 7 home premium 64bit. All was fine until I tried running/installing things that worked fine on my old computer that ran XP. After researching the Microsoft site, I bought, download and ugraded to window 7 professional, I downloaded/installed the XP mode. virutal pc stuff and still couldn't run my scanner or ACCU CHECK glucose software. As it turned out, I was going away for 2 weeks so figured I'd worry about the computer when I got home again.
Got home and the pc just kept restarting itself and then crashed. I cannot start it in safe mode, it will not open OS at all. I had made a repair disk as suggested and saved image file to my external hard drive BUT nothing works...Please can anyone help me with this?
The blue screen says:
A problem has been detected and windows has shut down toprevent damage to your computer. NTFS.sys PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA. If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps: check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed. If this is a new installation, ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any windows updates you might need. If problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software. Disable BIOS memory options such as caching or shadowing. If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components, restart your computer, press F8 to select safe mode. Technical information: *** STOP: 0x00000050 (0xfffff98103ec26a8, 0x0000000000000000, 0xfffff88001c404e0, 0x0000000000000005) *** ntfs.sys - address fffff88001c404e0 base at fffff88001c35000. datestamp 4A5BC14F

If you wish to have others assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder. The procedure:

* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Aattach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
* Briefly describe the problem history and circumstances in the same post. Somebody will attend to your query as soon as possible.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/125038-blue-screen-crash-repair-recovery-disk-wont-work.html
Relevancy 75.25%

I was an idiot and forgot to make a recovery disc, and didnt buy the disc after buying the 40 dollar upgrade. Why are my options? Do I have to buy another windows 8 to get the recovery disc? After I try to do the automatic update, the screen just goes to black with a cursor. Ugh. Any help would be great!

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/19043-windows-8-crash-automatic-repair-does-not-work.html
Relevancy 71.81%

Hi I don t know how well i will describe this as i am new but i will try my best I have the sims and the sims pets I have installed both with a few minor problem in which i have solved Now i get a problem where Sims crash splash 2 screen a first my game will not even load and it crashes my computer completly when I click on the icon My computer reboots after the first splash screen My sytem specs- ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report Machine name YOUR-RTMEJESVBC Sims 2 crash a first splash screen Operating System Windows XP Home Edition Build Service Pack xpsp sp gdr - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer Compaq Presario System Model PC A-ABA SR NX NA BIOS Phoenix - AwardBIOS v PG Processor Intel R Celeron R CPU GHz Memory MB RAM Page Sims 2 crash a first splash screen File MB used MB available Windows Dir C WINDOWS DirectX Version DirectX c DX Setup Parameters Not found DxDiag Version bit Unicode --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name Intel R G GL GE PE GV Graphics Controller Manufacturer Intel Corporation Chip type Intel R G Graphics Controller DAC type Internal Device Key Enum PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS amp REV Display Memory MB Current Mode x bit Sims 2 crash a first splash screen Hz Monitor Plug and Play Monitor Monitor Max Res Driver Name ialmrnt dll Driver Version English DDI Version or higher Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo d Yes WHQL Date Stamp n a VDD n a Mini VDD ialmnt sys Mini VDD Date bytes Device Identifier D B E - - CF- - A C CB Vendor ID x Device ID x SubSys ID x Revision ID x Revision ID x Video Accel Deinterlace Caps n a Registry OK DDraw Status Enabled D D Status Enabled AGP Status Not Available DDraw Test Result Not run D D Test Result Not run D D Test Result Not run D D Test Result Not run ------------- Sound Devices ------------- Description Realtek AC Audio Default Sound Playback Yes Default Voice Playback Yes Hardware ID PCI VEN amp DEV C amp SUBSYS amp REV Manufacturer ID Product ID Type WDM Driver Name ALCXWDM SYS Driver Version English Driver Attributes Final Retail WHQL Logo d Yes Date and Size bytes Other Files Driver Provider Realtek Semiconductor Corp HW Accel Level Full Cap Flags xF F Min Max Sample Rate Static Strm HW Mix Bufs Static Strm HW D Bufs HW Memory Voice Management No EAX tm Listen Src Yes Yes I DL tm Listen Src Yes Yes Sensaura tm ZoomFX tm No Registry OK Sound Test Result Not run --------------------- Sound Capture Devices --------------------- Description Realtek AC Audio Default Sound Capture Yes Default Voice Capture Yes Driver Name ALCXWDM SYS Driver Version English Driver Attributes Final Retail Date and Size bytes Cap Flags x Format Flags xFFF nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sims-2-crash-a-first-splash-screen.631345/
Relevancy 70.09%

Every morning I go to boot, I can turn my computer on but it crashes right after the motherboard splash screen. I don't know if its effective but I repeatedly use the cmos jumpers till it finally boots to bios after I correct the settings and the pc works fine all day. Even with reboots it will work I checked the ram and with another gpu so i fear there is a Bios issue because I previously had to restore the bios from trying to update to the new bios and it failed and found work around to restore it. There was two cases when changing Bios settings before this reported issue that my bios would freeze, was told it was ram, but again ram checks out good still happens with other brand of ram.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/393662-problems-posting-after-motherboard-splash-screen-crash.html
Relevancy 70.09%

I have done many in place xp repairs when installing new motherboards This one is puzzling and I am looking for advice The repair Install Cannot Splash Reboots Screen Complete Repair at XPSP3 install did its initial install however when XP reboots to complete the installation the splash screen appears and the system reboots I have several complete XPSP3 Repair Install Cannot Complete Reboots at Splash Screen backups of the c drive XPSP3 Repair Install Cannot Complete Reboots at Splash Screen so data recovery is not an issue I would like to get this installed without doing a fresh install After the repair failed I installed a spare hard drive and was able to do complete a fresh install of XP with this new equipment That would indicate to me there is something wrong with the repaired drive Any ideas on how to troubleshoot this I cannot get into safe mode as the install is not yet completed I have the bare minimum hooked up at the moment i e video card hard drive cd XPSP3 Repair Install Cannot Complete Reboots at Splash Screen drive One last item My XP Pro was patched to sp and I am using a Windows install cd slipstreamed with sp There is no error message just a reboot about seconds after the splash screen appears Any ideas are appreciated Many thanks nbsp

Relevancy 70.09%

Gets a error x ED Unmountable boot volume after the win splashscreen When I try to boot into startup repair it seems to start to boot install disk screen. after to 0x000000ED use splash Cant repair. win7 but then comes up with a blank screen with a mouse pointer that can move but nothing else When I try safemode it freezes when loading drivers Now the odd thing 0x000000ED after win7 splash screen. Cant use install disk to repair. is that when I try to boot from a DVD rescue disk 0x000000ED after win7 splash screen. Cant use install disk to repair. the same thing happens blank screen with pointer even my Win istallation disk does the same thing The only way I can boot this machine Toshiba Satellite is either using a linux installed on USB or into a windows rescue disk when the hard drive is removed Even when I'm in linux I can't mount the disk the error says LogFile indicates unclean shutdown Failed to mount ' dev sda ' Operation not supported Mount is denied because NTFS is marked to be in use As much as anything else I don't understand why I can't boot from the Win install disk unless the HDD is removed Any ideas

A:0x000000ED after win7 splash screen. Cant use install disk to repair.

Welcome to Windows Seven Forums.

This error can be caused by wear and tear corruption of data on your hard drive.

Check this article for a possible solution: Fixing the dreaded “Unmountable Boot Volume” error | a Tech-Recipes Tutorial

I would also suggest you may want to invest in a new hard drive before the old one fails completely so that you've got a fighting chance of saving your personal data should the worst occur.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/231388-0x000000ed-after-win7-splash-screen-cant-use-install-disk-repair.html
Relevancy 67.94%

After I installed service pack 1, the splash screen on my sound card "sound blaster Audigy" doesn't work. I tried to uninstall and reinstall the program. I also cleaned the regestry from a reg. cleaner, but nothing. I also called tech support from the sound card and they could not help me.

Any ideas on how I can get this to work. Thanks.

P4 2.0
XP Pro
512 ram
sound blaster sound card

Relevancy 67.08%

When I press F and run Startup Repair instead of Recovery console normal Windows is booting Startup Reserved work does not partition Repair System from Windows I have just System Reserved partition and then one C partition Here's my BCD to check - what should be corrected here Quote Windows Boot Manager -------------------- identifier bootmgr device partition Device HarddiskVolume path bootmgr description Windows Boot Manager locale en-US inherit globalsettings default current resumeobject be- c - e - f -cc fb c bd displayorder current toolsdisplayorder memdiag timeout Windows Boot Loader ------------------- identifier bf- c - e - f -cc fb c bd device unknown path Windows system winload exe description Windows locale en-US inherit bootloadersettings Windows Startup Repair from System Reserved partition does not work recoverysequence c - c - e - f -cc fb c bd recoveryenabled Yes osdevice unknown systemroot Windows resumeobject be- c - e - f -cc fb c bd nx OptIn Windows Boot Loader ------------------- identifier c - c - e - f -cc fb c bd Windows Startup Repair from System Reserved partition does not work Windows Boot Loader ------------------- identifier current device partition C path Windows system winload exe description Windows Ultimate recovered locale en-US recoverysequence e e b - c - e - b - e f e recoveryenabled Yes osdevice partition C systemroot Windows resumeobject da - c - e -b - e f e Resume from Hibernate --------------------- identifier da - c - e -b - e f e device partition C path Windows system winresume exe description Windows Ultimate recovered locale en-US inherit resumeloadersettings filedevice partition C filepath hiberfil sys debugoptionenabled No Resume from Hibernate --------------------- identifier be- c - e - f -cc fb c bd device unknown path Windows system winresume exe description Windows Resume Application locale en-US inherit resumeloadersettings filedevice unknown filepath hiberfil sys debugoptionenabled No Windows Memory Tester --------------------- identifier memdiag device partition Device HarddiskVolume path boot memtest exe description Windows Memory Diagnostic locale en-US inherit globalsettings badmemoryaccess Yes EMS Settings ------------ identifier emssettings bootems Yes Debugger Settings ----------------- identifier dbgsettings debugtype Serial debugport baudrate RAM Defects ----------- identifier badmemory Global Settings --------------- identifier globalsettings inherit dbgsettings emssettings badmemory Boot Loader Settings -------------------- identifier bootloadersettings inherit globalsettings hypervisorsettings Hypervisor Settings ------------------- identifier hypervisorsettings hypervisordebugtype Serial hypervisordebugport hypervisorbaudrate Resume Loader Settings ---------------------- identifier resumeloadersettings inherit globalsettings Device options -------------- identifier c - c - e - f -cc fb c bd description Ramdisk Options ramdisksdidevice unknown ramdisksdipath Recovery c - c - e - f -cc fb c bd boot sdi

A:Windows Startup Repair from System Reserved partition does not work

F8 should get you to a screen where you have several choices, including safe mode. If you boot directly to Windows 7 you might need to press F8 sooner in the boot process.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/342932-windows-startup-repair-system-reserved-partition-does-not-work.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Product Information Problem Type Others Model Name X Extreme BIOS Version P Configuration CPU Intel core i k Memory Corsair Vengeance LPX GB x Video Card Zotac Geforce Ti Amp Edition PCIE SSD HDD Samsung EVO GB SATA ODD OS Is not installed yet because of problem Other Devices Subject USB keyboard won t work on first boot Problem Description I ve tried everything from resetting CMOS to clicking all the keys and putting the keyboard in before starting the PC but nothing works The keyboard light NUM lock light is on but the keys won at keys USB Stuck screen. splash keyboard won't work. t work all I can see is the Asrock logo and the quot USB keyboard keys won't work. Stuck at splash screen. Press quot options but I cannot proceed because the keys don t work please help I ve tried with both USB keyboard keys won't work. Stuck at splash screen. PS and USB keyboard and mouse I ve resseated the RAM many times too Everything is functional but the keys on the keyboards which makes me not able to enter any kind of bios USB keyboard keys won't work. Stuck at splash screen. I am stuck at this splash screen with the ASRock logo and the many options it offers that I can t access nbsp

Relevancy 66.22%

Hello I've won't System - Repair Restore and start Startup to unable work Windows had problem with my friend's laptop OS - Windows Ultimate It won't log on to it's fullscreen mode When I open it I'm always stuck at Startup Repair error cycle Here's what happened I installed Glary Utilities and used it to uninstall the Adobe CS Bundle Then I installed the CS Bundle After that I used Glary Utilities again to clean the registry cookies missing shortcuts etc Then I used its Registry Optimizer feature after analyzing the system it said that the computer needed to restart to complete the process So I restarted it And that's where I'm left at I can't open the laptop anymore I can't even Windows unable to start - Startup Repair and System Restore won't work run it on Safe Mode Windows unable to start - Startup Repair and System Restore won't work - it's not available The only available options I will tell below My theory on this problem is that maybe I or the Glary program have deleted system files that are essential for Windows startup Note I uploaded a video of what is happening to my friend's laptop during startup txt files of the errors a picture of the ble screen and a copy this post in a word document ony it's not translated into English but the dialog boxes are in English Here's the link to the files so you could check my problem http www filefactory com file b hd n prob rar And here's what boxes appear during startup The red ones are my comments sorry for my grammar am not an english speaker Hope you get what I'm talking about though This is what the screen says during startup please see the video first this is just a guide of what's happening A recent hardware or software change might be the cause blah blah Launch Startup Repair recommended ---when I choose this the Startup Repair window appears see below Start windows normally ---when I choose this the laptop would restart and would bring me back to this screen again ------------------------------------------------------------------------- Startup Repair Startup Repair cannot repair this computer automatically - gt Send information about this problem recommended ---when I click this the Startup Repair message window shows up see below - gt Don't send ---when I click this the computer either shuts down or restarts View problem details ---please see the file I have uploaded problem signature txt ------------------------------------------------------------------------- Startup Repair Windows cannot repair this computer automatically If you have recently attached a device to to this computer such as a camera or portable music player remove it and restart your computer If you continue to see this message contact your system administrator or computer manufacturer for assisstance Click Finish to exit and shut down your computer View diagnostic repair and details ---please see my uploaded file diagnosis repair and details txt View advanced options for system recovery and support ---when I click this the System Recovery Options window appear see below ------------------------------------------------------------------------ System Recovery Options Select a language ---English Select a keyboard input ---US ------------------------------------------------------------------------- System Recovery Options To access recovery options log on as a local user To access the command prompt as well log on using an administrator account User name --- Password --- ------------------------------------------------------------------------- System Recovery Options Operating system Windows on C Local Disk Startup Repair Automatically fix problems that are preventing Windows from starting ---as what I've stated above it can't fix the computer System Restore Restore Windows to an earlier point in time ---this also won't work see below for more details System Image Recovery Recover your computer using a system image you created earlier ---I don't know what file to look at in what location and if the file W... Read more

A:Windows unable to start - Startup Repair and System Restore won't work

Similar problems when trying to restore a system image from a portable HD. I used a bootable USB stick with the Win7 installation files on it and then tried to select a system image from the portable HD. After selecting the image and advancing to the next screen all of the selections would be grayed out and would not let me restore the image. I tried selecting another image from a backup partition on the computers HD and had the same problem. The fix was to repeat the procedure booting from the installation DVD instead of the bootable USB. I am not sure why the DVD worked when the bootable USB failed but it saved me a reinstall. This is an old post but I thought I would share my findings just in case someone has the same problem in the future.

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/94457-windows-unable-start-startup-repair-system-restore-wont-work.html
Relevancy 65.36%

Hey all,
So i'm having this weird problem. None of the stock metro app will work on my system (weather, news etc')
It will just get stuck on splash screen. It worked a few days ago. Started reading about it on the forum and this is what I've done so far:

1. I don't have Avast or any antivirus installed yet.
2. Tried refreshing Windows, I'm getting an error saying Windows couldn't refresh and no changes were made.
3. Uac is on default
4. Windows Firewall service is set to be Running and Automatic
Annoyed and tired I added another language to windows that will change the display UI etc', I added Hebrew, resarted my machine and the metro apps now WORKS but, in Hebrew. Switched back to english, metro apps doesn't work. Tried adding other types of English (Canada etc') still no go.

My stock Metro apps will work only in Hebrew display mode.

Any help would be great.

Relevancy 65.36%

hey guys, ran into a bit of trouble with my comp. it keeps going directly to the system repair screen. the only way of loads up is if I load it with the disregard drivers signatures option. but once its in the system after a couple minutes the screen crashes and goes into the blue screen. any idea what the issue is?

thanks in advance

gateway dx series
Windows 7
ATI 4600 series

A:Windows 7 system repair screen

Sounds like there is a driver that is causing problems. Have you installed any new programs and/or drivers lately?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-system-repair-screen-588183.html
Relevancy 64.93%

hey my emachine doesnt show the screen to press f11 to restore. i may have some how removed it.. now i get the boot up test screen and have to press f1 to continue.. where can i go to get the f11 screen back??? i went into the bios and change it back to the default settings with no luck. thanks so much for any help

A:No splash screen for F11 to system restore

The hard drive may be dieing... or your motherboard. After all it's an e Machines. The F11 system restore is dependent on a second partition of the hard drive. This partition may be corrupt or missing entirely

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-splash-screen-for-f11-to-system-restore.163088/
Relevancy 64.5%

OS - Windows Pro bit What was Red system, 10 new crash, windows screen original Red screen crash, new system, windows 10 installed OS on system I had Pro installed and then i've upgraded to windows by not keeping any of the windows files The system is retail It was OEM as Vista on hp laptop before but purchased upgrade to Pro for dollars The laptop died and i've transfered OS to the this new system Computer is days old Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS days CPU i k overclocked to Ghz at Volts No blue screens stable and cooled under Celzius at all times Video Card Gigabyte R G Gaming - not overclocked with latest Beta AMD drivers MotherBoard - Asus Z Pro Gaming Power Supply - Corsair TX W an old PSU but quality and is compatible with Haswell and Skylake - Samsung EVO GB - system installed - memory G skill Ripjaws V DDR x GB at Mhz - overclocked using XMP profile All components have up to date drivers for windows -bit There were actually several problems which i hope are not bind to this red screen i have gotten today days ago i've installed windows and everything went smoothly First problem was computer not properly turning off all fans and LED lights on Motherboard GPU fans were still running I've started troubleshooting myself Computer turned off with holding power off button for sec normally Then i have turned PSU off manualy with button at the back of the computer case Clicked power ON button to make sure all electricity went out Strangely every min motherboard LEDs blinked a little with a silent clicky sound The problem was solved when i have replaced somehow defective power strip which was causing this problem I have a new power strip now and this problem stopped I have also formatted my SSD completely and installed windows again then followed by upgrade to windows by not keeping any files of previous OS Since then the computer is turning off normally without a problem The only problem is when i am playing Witcher it sometimes crashes black screens and closes randomly Otherwise it is working normally The main problem i made this post was a complete blank red screen which happened today while playing original Fifa The Graphic card did not overheat nor did the processor I have never faced a red screen before so i am asking you kindly if you could help me diagnose and hopefully solve my problem I have followed the instructions for posting BSOD problems and attached both files I have also debugged Minidump file the only one i have found with WinDbg x I have attached the results as a txt file Thank you for your time

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/593572/red-screen-crash-new-system-windows-10/
Relevancy 64.07%

Greetings all

I have a problem. I had to switch my pc off before shutting down properly earlier today. Each time I attempt to boot, I get the message ' windows did not start properly etc..' and I am given a choice of whether to start in safe mode, last known setting that worked, or normally, etc. When attempting to start normally, I get the windows xp splash screen whith the progress bar for a few seconds, then at the point it would normally switch to the blue password prompt, the screen goes black. No error message, no cursor, no nothing. The system just hangs. It does exactly the same when I try 'last known settings that worked'. On trying in safe mode, the list of drivers it is attempting to load comes up, fills the screen, and then just stays like that. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance....

Relevancy 64.07%

My system freeze on the boot screen st intel splash screen when Intel logo appears Its hang on quot E quot in lower right corner The system can enter into BIOS setup and I have tried and checked the following for resolving this issue - all the BIOS Boot. does't freezes System Splash screen. on settings set to default values - have tested with the minimum required components processor memory power in chasis and outside chasis results was the same - Swapping the memory modules around other slots Also tested with other good known memory module - checked the processor s heatsink fan its working - tested with another power supply - standoffs are of equal heights there is no stress on the board System does't Boot. freezes on Splash screen. - Have tried to recover the BIOS from floppy - lights on the front of the computer chassis is on I Can hear fans spinning the power supply fan is creating a breeze I see lights on the desktop board BBBUUUTTT the result was the same No success My system specs are as under MoBo Intel GNTLKR Processor Intel GHz with HT Memory Kingston KVR D N also note that this system worked befor very well from last Years nbsp

A:System does't Boot. freezes on Splash screen.

Swap out your CMOS battery for a new one and you haven't said much about the Hard Drive? Jazz

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/system-doest-boot-freezes-on-splash-screen.809662/
Relevancy 64.07%

Well hello again my friends Here s the deal I normally leave my PC run all the time so yesterday morning when I got up to check my mail restore, can't splash I Did the past a now get screen! system I got the dreaded quot System configuration files missing or Did a system restore, now I can't get past the splash screen! currupt quot Later I did a system restore and all was fine I spent the next two hours or so loading my software back when I was done I did a system restart then it happened Every time just before the welcome screen it reboots Over and over again My first thought was that the drive was bad so I got a new GB drive at work and put a new copy of XP Pro on it thinking I would bring that home install it as a master and use the other drive as a slave The gig boots fine on the bench but when I put it in my machine I get the same thing restarts before the welcome screen Any ideas nbsp

Relevancy 63.21%

Okey here it goes A long time ago in a galaxy far far away My pc decides not to boot past the bios flash screen Detailness - So i got a new sata hdd not long ago - I had Ubuntu and Windows on duel boot They both worked fine and never gave me any trouble - Decided i didn t want duel boot anymore I just wanted a fresh install of :( system splash not past the will boot screen!! bios Windows because im going to be upgrading the mobo ram CPU and gfx card Basically everything going to be upgraded over the course of the next couple of weeks - So i proceeded to format my gb sata hdd and install Windows - After the files copied from the dvd to the hdd my pc rebooted as expected - Then the normal boot screen appeared this is where it hangs This is pretty much what i see Press del to run setup Press f for BBS POPUP DDR Frequency blah blah Initializing usb controllers done Auto-Detecting Pri slave IDE Hard Disk Auto-Detecting rd slave CD DVD ROM Sec Master ST AS CC Ultra DMA Mode- S M A R T Capable and Status OK It just hangs on this - I cant boot from dvd or cd - I cant press del to run setup it just says entering and does nothing else - I cant press f for bbs popup it just does the same as pressing del If i remove the sata hdd i can then press del or f and it lets me into the bios same with the dvd drive If the hdd is unplugged then i can boot from the dvd what i think the problem might be is my processor its pentium old i know S it will be upgraded along with the rest the previous version of windows was bit and i decided to try installing bit Windows Because with all my new hardware when it appears i want to be running bit windows Soo im thinking maybe my Pentium wont run bit operating systems Im probably wrong But that being said it doesn t explain why i cant boot from DVD or go into the bios when the hdd is attached so i can basically do nothing when it is attached I really don t think its broken or anything because its pretty much brand new I replaced my old IDE drive not long ago with this system will not boot past the bios splash screen!! :( one because of bad sectors motherboard - ecs pl-a v - knowing this might help you help me navigate through the bios and tell me if shiz is wrong xD cpu - Pentium hdd - Seagate barracuda gig gfx - gts ram - gig x gig this is really starting to mash my brain up if any of you dudes or dudettes could help i would greatly appreciate it thank you thank you nbsp

Relevancy 63.21%

Hi I have attached the dump file. I really appreciate your assistance in getting this resolved. Even after reverting to factory image I still have intermittent freeze issues at the user login splash screen.

A:Lenovo system freeze on user splash screen

Quote: Originally Posted by brooksdavid

Hi I have attached the dump file. I really appreciate your assistance in getting this resolved. Even after reverting to factory image I still have intermittent freeze issues at the user login splash screen.

Love to help but no dmp file included in the upload try this method
If you wish to have others assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder. The procedure:

* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
* Briefly describe the problem history and circumstances in the same post. Somebody will attend to your query as soon as possible.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/133550-lenovo-system-freeze-user-splash-screen.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Hello,

I'm working on a Compaq Deskpro EN500 running Windows XP Professional SP2 (with all patches and updates), current antivirus and antispyware, and firewall.

The system was working fine, user was online browsing the web when the system froze. The mouse froze, etc. Start button could not be accessed. The user shut down the system with the power button. When he turned it back on, he was greeted with the standard Microsoft 'an error has occured' screen' and given the choices of
Safe Mode
Safe Mode with Networking
Safe Mode with Command Prompt
Last Known Good
Start Windows Normally

When I choose any of these, I can get as far as the Windows XP splash screen and then the system seizes.

I can get into the Windows Recovery Console. I have run a CHKDSK /P /R and a FIXBOOT. CHKDSK returns no errors. I'm not sure what to try next short of a rebuild. Ideas?

Relevancy 62.35%

Hi I am having the following system configuration XPS L X Base Genuine Windows R Home Premium work restore Dell Crashes XPS don't ,safe repair,system .System mode bit English Intel R Core TM i - QM Processor GB MHz DDR SDRAM x GB x GB GB RPM Hard Drive Lately whenever i try to start my computer it pass the Dell Bios Dell XPS Crashes .System repair,system restore ,safe mode don't work and then directly goes to the screen which states Repair your system or Start windows normally When i chose repair system it start downloading windows files and then launch the windows but hung up at the sky blue login window with only movable cusor When i choose to start windows normally it gives me BSOD momentarly hard to see the message and then restarts again I tried with the advanced boot up options like repair my computer all safe modes restore to last good configuration but it does the same and hangs at windows loging sky blue window I Tried to run the Dell PSA Diagnostic and it returns with - error As per the Dell online solutions for this type of error I tried to reinstall the Hard disk but the problem still exist My Hard disk has partitions C and D and all my data resides on D drive and Windows installed on C drive Please help me in making my computer working without losing data Currently i am away from my home country and have no OS or recovery disk with me Regards Sunny

A:Dell XPS Crashes .System repair,system restore ,safe mode don't work

Welcome to Windows Seven Forums.

If you have access to another computer I'd suggest you create a system repaiir disc.

System Repair Disc - Create

It won't re-install Windows, but it will get you into the advanced recovery environment, from where you can run chkdsk.

It does seem highly likely there is a major problem with your hard drive.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/218292-dell-xps-crashes-system-repair-system-restore-safe-mode-dont-work.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi, my name is Stormy, I'm new to this forum since I really haven't had any issues in the past.

I am running Vista Home Premium 32bit on my desktop. I restarted it a few days ago to install SP1, it rebooted and started installing 3 updates. Once it reached 100% it kicked into System Repair. After running through it, it restarted and did the same thing. Now 3 days later, it's still in that process where it installs updates, goes to system repair, restarts and starts again.

I tried interrupting it and doing a System Restore, but even at the earliest date on it, it goes right back to that repetitive process. Now I can't get to any of my files or anything else on there. I'm stuck, and I need some help please!

A:Updates fail, System Repair fails, System Restore won't work

Hi,

Can you get into safe mode?

Safe Mode

If so, Download this file it & run as an admistrator: -

This will get you back into the system.

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/293940-updates-fail-system-repair-fails-system-restore-wont-work.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi, my name is Stormy, I'm new to this forum since I really haven't had any issues in the past.

I am running Vista Home Premium 32bit on my desktop. I restarted it a few days ago to install SP1, it rebooted and started installing 3 updates. Once it reached 100% it kicked into System Repair. After running through it, it restarted and did the same thing. Now 3 days later, it's still in that process where it installs updates, goes to system repair, restarts and starts again.

I tried interrupting it and doing a System Restore, but even at the earliest date on it, it goes right back to that repetitive process. Now I can't get to any of my files or anything else on there. I'm stuck, and I need some help please!

A:Updates fail, System Repair fails, System Restore won't work

Hello, and welcome . try this please : Download: Windows Vista Service Pack 1 Five Language Standalone (KB936330) - Microsoft Download Center - Download Details

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/293939-updates-fail-system-repair-fails-system-restore-wont-work.html
Relevancy 61.92%

hi i am having a problem when i restarted the computer today.
it crashed on startup and went to a blue screen.

after using the The system recovery i received this error  :
Problem Event Name: Startup Repair OfflineProblem Signature 1: 6.1.7600.16385Problem Signature 2: 6.1.7600.16385Problem Signature 3: UnknownProblem Signature 4: 21200770Problem Signature 5: AutoFailoverProblem Signature 6: 4Problem Signature 7: BadDriverOS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1Locale ID: 1033

after searching the web iv'e reached this website and found an issue solved :
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/448339/windows-failed-to-start-system-repair-cant-discover-problem/

i tried following the solution that JSntgRvr posted, but i didnt work for me.

i already run the scan of FRST64.exe and added it.

thank you.

A:Windows Failed to Start,Blue screen, System Repair Can't Discover Problem

Lets take a look at the BlueScreen error message.When you boot your machine, press F8 to list the startup options, exactly as you would if you were trying to enter Safe ModeSelect "Disable Automatic Restart on System Failure", as shown here:When your system BSODs, write down the STOP error code, as well as any written out error message back here. The STOP error will always appear, but the message may not. You are looking for this:Please post me the Stop error message.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/496755/windows-failed-to-startblue-screen-system-repair-cant-discover-problem/
Relevancy 61.49%

First off I apoloise if I fail to follow the posting guidelines or don't provide enough information as I don't frequent these kind of forums and am not familiar with many of the terms used here I'm also not a native english speaker Since I lack the vocabluary and repair running System with startup problems crash, knowledge to locate and explain my problem I'll try describing it the best I can I'm running Windows Home Premium on an ASUS UL J The computer was bought little over half a year ago and up till now I've never experienced any major problems Today the computer crashed while I was using Photoshop CS bit Google Chrome was the only other active program This has happened once before and that time I think it was from overheat This time I was taken to a bluescreen which did not happen the first time and while I tried to locate any information System crash, problems with running startup repair on the nature of the problem I couldn't find anything The first time I attempted to start the computer the screen remained black for a long time Then I got a brief glimpse of the blue Windows screen before it shut down The next time I was given a set of options of which quot startup repair quot was recomended I tried running System crash, problems with running startup repair it and it wanted to do a quot system image recovery quot but could not find a system image I did make a backup of the system on DVD when I first got the computer which I assume could be used However I assume I would then lose all my data Thus I would rather use quot system restore quot but when I try to run that I am told to restart the computer and select an operating system to restore something that either cannot be found or I'm doing it wrong I've tried searching through Windows help files and forum threads for similar problems but the information is either to basic to help me in this specific case or too advanced for me to understand This is also made harder my the fact I don't know what's wrong with my computer and because I have only basic knowledge about computers I'm afraid I'll further mess things up if I try fixing it without knowing what I'm doing I will be eternally grateful for any help with fixing this problem explaining it and what could possibly have caused it and if any further information is needed I'll try my best to provide it

A:System crash, problems with running startup repair

Can you get into Safe Mode for this computer? On startup you press F8 until you get the boot options screen. Once in Safe Mode find "System Restore" and look for the most recent Restore Point and try that.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/182575-system-crash-problems-running-startup-repair.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi,
I've tried the suggestions on what to do if the computer won't boot, such as chkdsk and fixmbr. Did the hardware scan, all is well.

chkdsk said it fixed some stuff... not very specific on what it was.
fixmbr said the boot record was either bad or non-standard, so I went ahead and re-wrote it, but with the same result.

What are my other options for system recovery?

Thanks.

A:Blue Screen after bios splash, no XP splash

Error message?

System manufacturer and model?

Have you read your owner's manual?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/300223/blue-screen-after-bios-splash-no-xp-splash/
Relevancy 61.06%

Okay here's a little background information Bought my PC in Have had to replace video cards since i've bought it One was replaced under warranty the other I bought Since I purchased my PC the only parts splash mode. safe screen acces Black Unable Windows to screen. after I have replaced are My video card cards later i'm on my most recent one EVGA Nvidia GT http www evga com articles asp I also upgraded my PSU to an Enermax Pro w http www directron com epr awt html OS Windows XP SP Motherboard ASUS P BW-LA http h www hp com ewfrf wc d name c I mainly use my Black screen after Windows splash screen. Unable to acces safe mode. computer for gaming after my first video card died i was sent a beefier card http reviews cnet com graphics-car tag mncol lst after that my PC was no longer under warranty so I had to buy my next cards my self My problem I Black screen after Windows splash screen. Unable to acces safe mode. left my computer on while making some food I had world of warcraft opened When I finished making food I got back to my computer and moved my mouse to get it out of sleep mode I run a dual display set up once my monitors loaded up one of the screens was pure white and the other screen was black I was forced to hold the power button down to turn off my PC From there Black screen after Windows splash screen. Unable to acces safe mode. on out everytime I boot my computer up I get my PC's loading screen which i'm able to acces BIOS or system restore after my PC's loading screen I get the windows splash screen after that my monitor is pure black The PC is still on and running but there's no display I plugged my monitor into my onboard and enabled it through BIOS same thing I originally thought this was a video card problem but after going through my onboard i realized this isn't the case Anytime i try to run windows normally the black screen happens wether its through my video card or through my onboard So my next idea was to start in safe mode Unfortunatley that doesn't work either It loads up all my system drivers then stops after windows system giveio sys Could this be an OS problem Maybe my mobo is shot and that's why i've been burning video cards cards in years is a little ridiculous Should I reformat Should I replace my mobo Please help Heres my PC's exact specs keep in mind i replaced my video card and PSU as mentioned before in this post http h www hp com ewfrf wc p roduct Please help me money is tight and I can't afford to be guessing and replacing parts thank you Joseph

A:Black screen after Windows splash screen. Unable to acces safe mode.

bump, please help :(

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/black-screen-after-windows-splash-screen-unable-to-acces-safe-mode-383474.html
Relevancy 60.63%

not sure if im in the right place
but computer wont do anything but load up with options to do system repair or whatever its called but it says it cant fix the problem i dont have disc for it or any pw's im on a reg user account it wont load in safe mode but by doing different things i have access to do various things but not sure what or how to lol i had issues before and got them fixed by using sites similar to this any help is appreciated

A:system repair wont work windows wont load

Might be a failing Hard drive. Get to your bios and see if there is any diagnostics there to do a hard drive test. On some motherboards its delete on others its F2. If there is no diagnostics on the bios i would make a USB bootable diagnostics and do that.
I just had the same problems and found out the hard way that it was a hard drive.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/346617-system-repair-wont-work-windows-wont-load.html
Relevancy 60.63%

I am not sure what's wrong, but I have uninstall nvidia drivers that gave me problems ie. 257.21, 196.21....etc. I am currently using 195.62. I am certain that it was a VGA driver problem, because it never happened again, till I decided to remove windows internet explorer and it did the black screen thing again. It restarts and instead of showing windows splash screen it shows a black screen. When I am at the black screen I can't do anything, I will have manually restart and when it boots up the second time it will load windows. It's ____ me off. I hope someone can help me here, and I appreciate it. Atm I am gonna reinstall IE 8 and let's hope for the best.

PS. I just bought this new HDD WDVELOCIRAPTOR 300GB. So it's brand new. Don't know what's going on.

A:Restart leads to black screen before windows 7 splash screen

Hmmm! Been having the same problem myself with 7 ultimate 64 bit. It only happens on a "restart". Cold boot works OK.
I just hit my reset button, get message to do startup repair or start windows normally.
Select the "normal" and all seems to work OK???????
I'd be interested if you can find a resolution to this issue. I gave up on it!!!

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/97845-restart-leads-black-screen-before-windows-7-splash-screen.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hello After doing a Windows update my computer gave a Windows looking message that my hard drive was going bad and to Safe Mode Windows 7 NO screen, black screen then splash back up my data I was able to save my user files Then the pc crashed with a BSOD I disabled restart after crash Found the error was x B having to do with a corrupt bootcat cache file Could not Windows 7 splash screen, then black screen NO Safe Mode boot up windows except for semi windows with my windows disk and Windows 7 splash screen, then black screen NO Safe Mode Chose Repair in Recovery console however it told Windows 7 splash screen, then black screen NO Safe Mode me nothing could be repaired Through an option to quot find a file quot under the Recovery option I managed to copy a GOOD copy of the bootcat cache file and I appropriately placed it in E Windows system codeintegrity it was ONLY seeing C as a system partition my drive letters were all reassigned Sorry this is confusing and a lot of info Bottom line is my hard drive is not bad I see windows on it and all my files and the BIOS recognizes the drive It is firmly connected and NOT hot to the touch From a command prompt I did a bootrec exe fixmbr and also fixboot as the pc was not properly booting up it still would not boot properly I am totally unable to go to safe mode hitting F No matter what I do I get a Windows Splash screen and then my screen goes to a Black Screen with a White arrow cursor the hard drive appears to be trying to work the light flickers but it just hangs at the black screen Again it refuses to allow me to boot to safe mode It tries to load the Windows System recovery screen ONLY when I try to boot to the Windows CD I cannot repair it I don't have an image because it would not allow me to make one before it crashed It will NOT repair it cannot validate any system restore points and tells me it cannot restore on any of them I am unable to boot to safemode at all with or without the Win CD in my drive How can I recover from this I am percent certain my hard drive is NOT bad Something is corrupted and Windows won't load I've built many pc's and worked as desktop support hardware tech Splash screen then black screen and stays at a white arrow with the hard drive light flickering on and off

A:Windows 7 splash screen, then black screen NO Safe Mode

sorry for bumping. it seems people get a lot of responses to their questions and i was hoping to get the same kind of response.

Bottom line is, my computer tries to load Windows (7) with the splash screen, then goes to a black screen with an arrow and stays there.

I am unable to boot to safe mode.

I am unable to do a recovery from booting from the Windows 7 Install CD

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/305211-windows-7-splash-screen-then-black-screen-no-safe-mode.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Last night I downloaded a to boots screen splash Computer Windows black screen after file from a Torrent site - Blackberry stuff I'm pretty sure most or Computer boots to black screen after Windows splash screen all was freeware stuff I just noticed that that file has been removed Kinda unfortunately because I did leave a comment on what happened to me and I asked if anyone else had the same issue I'm guessing maybe they did because it is gone now I ran my AVG scan on it before opening it It didn't find anything so I ran the executable It locked up at one point after I started getting virus warnings from some new program I did not write down what any of it was - I had to do a hard shutdown When it came up to my choices window i e choose Safe Mode Last Know etc I was unable to make any selections with my keyboard so it continued to boot Windows normally The XP splash screen comes on and then the screen turns black with nothing further happening I can do a hard reboot but I can't get into Safe Mode because the keyboard isn't working and normal windows isn't working either Got any suggestions Do I have some serious funk Did some piece of hardware decide to stop functioning properly power supply I have been Googling this issue without any success Sometimes it feels like you are the only one to ever have a particular issue This happened very late last night and now I am at work so I'm not able to touch it for the next hours or so The only two things that I can do right now is go into the BIOS settings or watch it go into Windows and then get the black screen I have not tried booting with any CDs or floppy disks yet I need a solution please Has anyone else experienced this exact same issue

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-boots-to-black-screen-after-windows-splash-screen-300933.html
Relevancy 60.2%

First off, formatting is not an option. I have pages of homework on my hard drive, and I can't afford to get rid of.

Long story short, I was running a new update for Windows Vista, and during the restart, my iPhone got unplugged. Now it won't startup. I can't start the computer and every time I try to "Start windows normally", it just shuts back down. I try to do "Startup Repair", but it fails to find any problems.

Any and all help would be appreciated.

-Chris

A:System Repair won't work

From your post it seems that maybe your boot loader got scrambled. Are you running on a RAID array? If not, then your best option is, go buy a new hard drive, UNPLUG the HD within your botched computer holding your data from the motherboards sata and power connector. Hook up the new drive in the other drives place, install vista. Buy an external HDrive enclosure(something like this - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16817388017 -) and mount your old drive into it. Plug it up and your data should be there in your user folder. I hope that time is not an issue because this is, in my experience with the exact same problem, is your best option. Make sure to copy all of the information to the new drive, reformat the old drive (within the enclosure) and immediately backup everything meaningful onto the old drive, turn it off, put it in the closet. Rinse and repeat about every three days. Hope this helps, and good luck.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/266043/system-repair-wont-work/
Relevancy 60.2%

My splash black screen windows screen blue now to laptop is a Dell Inspiron with windows splash to black screen now blue screen XP Professional The laptop was given to me used no original cd s or anything just the machine and power cord just letting you know that right off the bat as I don t have option to put cd in as I don t have it The laptop has a XP sticker on it that doesn t state if windows splash to black screen now blue screen it was home or Professional windows splash to black screen now blue screen to start with I say all this because I can t tell you if the OS was preinstalled or after market installation IN case this matters any I am not knowledgeable about computers without the aid or forums like this so please know that when offering aid I ll need specifics please Recently my system malfunctioned and YourHighness helped me get it cleaned up It was working fine for a few days All of a sudden the Windows Splash screen disappeared and the screen went black After multiple reboots and selecting Function F eventually the computer would go to a grey screen and then would finish booting fine This went on for a week or two Meanwhile as YourHighness suggested I bought more RAM as it only had MB I read it can go up to a gig so I bought used from eBay a and installed it Booted fine after the black screen issue still and worked fine A couple of days later I went to boot it back up and got a blue screen saying quot Stop C Bad Image CheckSum The Image MSAN dll is possibly corrupt The Header Checksum does not match the computed checksum quot I can not boot to safe or any other option I can only access bios and am clueless what to do once there if anything I tried recovery counsel booting but it just refreshes the options screen essentially it only recognizes the XP option I removed the RAM in case it was causing the problem Tried to boot with just a and also with s Still got same blue screen I don t know what to do from here Do I need to take it to a repair shop or can someone guide me through some options Please advise Most appreciatively Thatguy

A:windows splash to black screen now blue screen

I would think that your first priority, assuming that your data is safe, is to obtain a means of reinstalling/repairing XP. I mean, that would be my first priority if I intended to run a system with XP on it and I did not believe that the system would run perfectly until I decided to retire/sell/junk it.

So my first suggestion would have been...contact Dell and inquire about recovery/restore CDs for your system.

As for your apparent option of taking it to a shop...that won't resolve the fact that you have no install disks of any type.

I've not ever seen an XP sticker that doesn't indicate which flavor of the O/S is installed.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/199556/windows-splash-to-black-screen-now-blue-screen/
Relevancy 59.77%

URGENT Blue Screen Fail Blue URGENT: Screen/Boot-up Crash/Repair/Install Boot-up Crash ALL Repair Install Fail Dell T T hard drives with RAID Windows x Ultra My newly URGENT: Blue Screen/Boot-up Crash/Repair/Install Fail bought T has been unable to boot up since Sunday Apr Whenever it boots up it crashes and yields a blue screen Dell tech support has been unable to resolve the issue over the phone and refused to deploy a Windows specialist to resolve it on site Using Win Ultra CD a repair attempt yields the following log Root casuse found Unknown Bugcheck Buckcheck b Parameters x x x x Repair action System files integreity check and repair Result Failed Error Code x Time Taken ms Issues Boot-up results in blue screen Unable to repair with the Win CD It appears Win can't access the boot drive It appears most system files are inaccessible Days before it could boot it has the following issues sfc yields Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service Repair Install yields Windows could not retrieve information about the disks on this computer Windows Installer The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed This can occur if the Windows Installer is not correctly installed Contact your support personnel for assistance Please help Thanks Armstrong

A:URGENT: Blue Screen/Boot-up Crash/Repair/Install Fail

KB article for this error (may/may not apply to your situation): "STOP: 0x0000006B" Stop error message during startup on a computer that is running Windows 7 or Windows Server 2008 R2

Also, FYI, we've had an issue at work where the system was missing the smss.exe file (this was on XP systems and was caused by the McAfee command line scanner). I would suggest using the command prompt in the Startup Repair menu to replace system files - but unfortunately I can't say which one's are needed.

You may also try running sfc.exe /scannow from the command prompt - it may/may not help.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/81192-urgent-blue-screen-boot-up-crash-repair-install-fail.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM Duo CPU P GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor repair to virus/adware/crash/pop restart reqd Sudden computer ups/system was Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Mobility Radeon HD Sudden computer virus/adware/crash/pop ups/system repair was reqd to restart Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard TOSHIBA Satellite P Antivirus avast Antivirus Updated and Enabled While online sudden malicious pop up system crashed on restarts had to fix itself to start pop up of Microsoft Windows catalyst control center Host App has stopped working Keeps popping up then computer shuts off viruses found SLOW start-up Slow starting any prog all performance ALL my desktop icons were GONE my accessories from startup menu GONE ALL personal DOCS GONE Found the solution to accessing the missing docs I used user properties clicked to hide all files and subfiles apply then unclick hidden apply to all files sub and tada the files appeared but still need to find the cause of the issue Please help thank you Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files x TOSHIBA ConfigFree NDSTray exe C Program Files AVAST Software Avast AvastUI exe C Program Files x Real RealPlayer Update realsched exe C Program Files x TOSHIBA ConfigFree CFSwMgr exe C Program Files TOSHIBA HDMICtrlMan HCMSoundChanger exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Users trish Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www shoptoshiba ca welcome R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www shoptoshiba ca welcome R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook no name - bf fa-e b - db -af e- d a bfc - no file R - URLSearchHook no name - b b - db - -bdd -ac e f - no file F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe O - Hosts localhost O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - C E -B - BC - - C CA - C ProgramData Real RealPlayer BrowserRecordPlugin IE rpbrowserrecordplugin dll O - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHelper dll O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files x Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO avast WebRep - E E -AD D- bf-AC D-D F D - C Program Files AVAST Software Avast aswWebRepIE dll O - BHO URLRedirectionBHO - B F A - E - -BA - B E FF - C PROGRA MICROS Office URLREDIR DLL O - BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dll O - Toolbar avast WebRep - E E -AD D- bf-AC D-D F D - C Program Files AVAST Software Avast aswWebRepIE dll O - HKLM Run NDSTray exe NDSTray exe O - HKLM Run cfFncEnabler exe cfFncEnabler exe O - HKLM Run StartCCC quot C Program Files x ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static CLIStart exe quot O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files x Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run Adobe ARM quot C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe quot O - HKLM Run avast quot C Program Files AVAST Software Avast avastUI exe quot nogui O - HKLM Run TkBel... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sudden-computer-virus-adware-crash-pop-ups-system-repair-was-reqd-to-restart.1046884/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hello all I found a few threads on this forum with the same problem but none work and Repair System Restore won't of the solutions recommended helped me I'm not sure if my posting a new thread will help but System Repair and Restore won't work since I received a different message than the other threads I figured I'd give it a shot My computer screen just went black while I was listening to music and doing some work I powered off and restarted my computer but it would not boot up It went form Starting Windows screen to a black System Repair and Restore won't work screen I inserted my Windows install disk and tried to repair but it didn't work and I got this message Problem signature Problem Event Name StartupRepairOffline Problem Signature Problem Signature Problem Signature unknown Problem Signature - Problem Signature ExternalMedia Problem Signature Problem Signature NoOsInstalled OS Version Locale ID I tried several restore points and despite receiving a message the the restore was successful my computer still would not boot Any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/system-repair-and-restore-wont-work-1069786.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hello I've just found this forum and I can see there's a lot of people willing to help so I decided to make myself an account and ask for your help Several months ago I had a trouble with some malware that won't let me see anything in the desktop and told me I needed to buy some software to help me restore my system Anyway I get rid of it by downloading Malware Bytes Anti-malware and letting it work Since then I haven't too much problems until a month ago when my computer started to freeze and I noticed Some strange archives like hidding folders and stuff like that However I was too busy to do something about So today I decided to use malware bytes anti-malware to kill those guys So first of all I downloaded the new version of the program and updated the database but the installer repair doesn't System work get freezed so I finished the process and restart the program and everything went okay for a while I decided to make a complete scan and after System repair doesn't work hours I get the results I got suspicious archives but when I tried to eliminate them it gets frozen again so I restart the program again and initiate a fast scan which only reported malware so I use the eliminate button and after a while it tells me that I have to restart the system I was doing homework so I saved my archives and everything and then restarted the system But in the process a Blue Screen of Death appears after the boot options and get me to a repair system menu and then appears a message that the system can't be restored This is the signature of the problem Problem Event Name Startup Repair Offline Problem Signature Problem Signature Problem Signature Unknown Problem Signature - Problem Signature AutoFailover Problem Signature Problem Signature CorruptRegistry Version Locale ID Please help me at least to recover my archives I'm looking forward for your answer And I'm sorry for the bad english is not my native language Thanks

A:System repair doesn't work

Hi there, again. Thanks to hamluis for putting this where it belongs. A little update, I saw a few other posts, and I saw you  recommended to download FRST.exe, so I did it and run the application from the cmd. When finished, it comes out this:

Mod Edit:  Removed unsolicited FRST data, not allowed in this forum.  Please...do not post unsolicited malware logs - Hamluis.

Am I doing it right? What's next? Thanks in advance

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/493665/system-repair-doesnt-work/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hello all A co-worker of mine has a computer that simply will not get past the Windows Splash Screen on Red Screen Splash Dot Windows Initially it had Windows Vista installed and it would display a bunch of random colors and lock up After installing Windows on a new hard drive co-worker wanted instead of Vista and swapping them that issue stopped However it will not go past the Windows splash screen The Windows logo doesn't even come up it says starting Windows and there is a single red dot I think just pixel where the top left corner of the logo would be Upon reaching this screen it automatically reboots and launches back into the whole quot Your comptuer was not shut down properly quot prompt We have replaced the power supply RAM and hard drive Pulled the CMOS Battery for mins without Red Dot on Windows Splash Screen replacing with a newer one Just now we swapped a hard drive from my house which has Windows Server installed and it booted up perfectly fine no issues So what would the issue be here I appreciate any help we've been going through this Red Dot on Windows Splash Screen for weeks back and forth trying to figure it out and I've just finally cracked and decided to get help online Thanks folks

A:Red Dot on Windows Splash Screen

Hi and welcome to TSF Graphics chip or card would be my pick.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/red-dot-on-windows-splash-screen-873089.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hello guys i have 2 big problems with my computer,
I have restarted my PC 10 times today and still not fixed!!!
First problem is ,Slow shutdown and startup
Second problem is, when I start my PC,i have 3 splash screens ,first screens is something like this

"

second screen is "starting windows with Win7 startup logo
and third screen is,Blue sceen with "WELCOME'-Loading please wait,now i want to remove this first screen,
asus inspiring inovation pres DEL or f2 etc etc...
I hope someone will help me with this,becouse i need to wait my pc to start up about 1 -2 minutes
EDIT:My pc is new ,
I3 4160
H81m-k ASUS
4gb 1600Mhz ram,
R7 265 2gb DDr5,

A:Windows 7 Splash screen help

Hi and welcome to SevenForums,
That's the mother board bios flash screen and can not be removed,
Contact Asus for details
Cheers.
I'll just add without it you'd never be able to change the boot order even if you needed too= not a good thing.
Although refer to the link Junkware Removal in my signature.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/361228-windows-7-splash-screen-help.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hello

My parents just purchased a new PC with Win 8.1. They asked me to remove the splash screen but I have no idea how to do this. If the word splash screen isn't correct then I'll do my best to describe what I'm referring to.
I currently run Win 8 and when I boot my system the first screen I see the Start screen. I click on the desktop icon in the bottom left corner and the desktop window appears and I'm ready to go. Now, in Win 8.1 there is a new screen which appears before the start screen. I don't know exactly what this is but I'd really like to deactivate it. In simple terms I just want to deactivate all of the windows except the desktop. Is there a main option to do this please?

If anybody understands what I'm referring to I'd appreciate hearing from you with help on how to turn that annoying page off.
Thank you.

A:Windows 8.1 splash screen

Is the splash screen you are referring to from the motherboard? If so, in the BIOS you can disable it.

http://www.eightforums.com/customization/47095-windows-8-1-splash-screen.html
Relevancy 58.91%

When I start my pc it goes through the bios and to the Windows Splash screen and just sits there. I cold boot the machine and restart it, let it start up normally and it will then start. Is there something getting hung up in the registry?

A:Windows XP Splash Screen

This often means that a hardware driver is conflicting. This is often cured by installing the latest driver.

Start by opening 'Properties' of My Computer. Then 'Hardware', 'Device Manager'. Check for an exclamation mark next to any devices.

You should have already installed SP3.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-xp-splash-screen-663581.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I upgraded from windows 7 starter to windows 7 home premium using windows anytime upgrade. When I boot my computer the same old windows 7 starter boot screen comes. How do I enable windows 7 splash screen?

System Specs:
Lenovo Ideapad S10-3 Netbook
1gb Ram
32-Bit, Service Pack 1
Windows 7 Home Premium

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-splash-screen.1063661/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hello At this point I would only like to know everyone's opinion on whether I may be infected with a virus of somekind Here is my problem After running Chkdsk yesterday my computer loaded the windows splash screen and then went blank I am not sure if these two events are related I can here the startup sound My mouse does not show up and alt-tab or ctrl-alt-del does not work as other google searches have suggested Safe mode works fine Running with the video card driver disabled works fine Running either my main video card or 7 Blank screen screen after splash windows my onboard video card with the driver installed causes a blank screen I have dual monitors I have ran malware bytes and it finds nothing Here are some other strange symptoms Firefox beta recently stopped loading with error xc b IE bit recently started downloading html sites instead of loading them though this doesn't seem to happen in safe-mode The -bit version worked fine In safe mode when help pops up I get the error quot unable to download from windows quot Windows update also doesn't seem to even open in safe mode As stated before at this point I would like to know everyone's opinion on whether I may be infected with a virus of some kind or if it may be a different problem such as a corruption in windows Thanks

A:Blank screen after windows 7 splash screen

Hello and welcome to TSF.

Windows 7 has a very robust System Restore. Have you tried invoking System Restore? You can access System Restore from the Advanced Options menu by pressing F8 during startup, selecting Repair Your Computer from that menu, select the keyboard layout, then choose System Restore from the System Recovery Options screen which appears. Choose a restore point before the issue arose.

System Restore - Windows 7 Forums

If you're able to perform a System Restore, post new logs from DDS as this one shall be closed to place you in the queue.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/blank-screen-after-windows-7-splash-screen-550976.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Thanks screen after Black screen Windows Splash in advance Black screen after Windows Splash screen for any help on Black screen after Windows Splash screen this Yesterday when I went to shut down my computer it began to install the Microsoft updates from the Tuesday patch KB KB KB KB KB KB KB When I came back into the office this morning the computer was shut down When I booted I got the Bios screen and Black screen after Windows Splash screen the windows splash screen just fine Then it just hangs on a black screen My initial thought was the video card driver I booted into Safe Mode and uninstalled the driver No change Thinking that maybe one of the updates was borked I tried to restore to Monday No change I ran spybot and anti-malware which found two entries each related to a trojan downloader I removed them and ran the tests again which came back clean I then ran AVG which also came back clean About a week ago I had a suspicious file which AVG detected and I then removed I think that this file caused some damage which did not become apparent until Microsoft update tried to patch I am running XP Pro SP I really need to get at some db files but SQL Server Agent will not run in safe mode and the backup from yesterday failed I assume this happened due to the update at the time of shutdown as the backup is set to occur then as well I found a thread http www bleepingcomputer com forums topic html where elise helped somebody out with a similar problem however the other person could not start safe mode so I am unsure if I should use the same steps ThanksThies

A:Black screen after Windows Splash screen

<<I found a thread (http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic356791.html)where elise025 helped somebody out with a similar problem, however the other person could not start safe mode so I am unsure if I should use the same steps.>>

The solutions for malware problems...are seldom generic, since each situation involves a different system, different circumstances, etc.

So...my advice is never to try to use someone else's malware situation...which has been defined and treated by those with expertise...to self-resolve your own situation.

I would suggest that you start in the Am I Infected forum...I'll move this topic there.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/367727/black-screen-after-windows-splash-screen/
Relevancy 58.91%

I think this is the right place to put this So I have a friends computer here It boots up seemingly ok but after the windows splash screen in goes blank but a Screen windows splash goes screen after blank black screen but the screen is still Screen goes blank after windows splash screen on You hear the fans spin up to full speed for a bit and everything then sounds like its running fine just no picture So i did some googling and I found another person with the same issue and it was caused by a faulty video card So I put in a crappy video card i had laying around Still get the same issue Next I tried booting to the last know good configuration Same issue So i tired booting in same mode I hangs on Windows System Drivers Mup sys If it helps the video card that was in there i think is a GeForce MX I do know its a Windows xp home system Only other thing I know is its a custom built machine It was running fine until a few days ago My friend says he thinks the machine has over heated or times in the past Hope someone can help thanks nbsp

A:Screen goes blank after windows splash screen

Was the computer recently updated with a new service pack?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/screen-goes-blank-after-windows-splash-screen.112385/
Relevancy 58.91%

hi i built my own pc in the summer a few months ago it was windows xp Black splash screen after screen working fine until this morning when i switched it on i only have one user so it automatically goes onto the user without having to click Black screen after windows xp splash screen the name however today i had to click it because it said i needed to activate xp over the phone or the internet even though it was already activated anyway i have activated it now but when i switch the pc on after the xp splash screen it just shows a blank screen i have gone into safe mode and it give me an option of the Administrator and my user i have tried system restore in both but the same thing happens i have seen on other sites that it may be the video card drivers and i might have to reinstall them however on safe mode i put the cd in but i can't install it does anyone know how i can fix this

A:Black screen after windows xp splash screen

Hi, I have seen this quite a few times, and yes pain in the butt i know :) Alot of software will not install in safe mode, although seeing as you can get into safe mode, will it allow you to uninstall the video driver from there? If you can, then reboot into regular mode, the system should come up (heres hoping).. then reinstall the vid driver. I have found this to work most times. Worst case scenario.. if that dosn't help. . .go back into safe mode again, uninstall all motherboard drivers, reboot back into normal mode, and again, reinstall drivers. The problem you are having is normally a software issue, generally one of the two suggestions here I find to work. If you have activated and the system is asking for reactivation, that could be due to malware or viruses, or significant hardware changes to your system

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/black-screen-after-windows-xp-splash-screen-329466.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi everyone:

This is my first time here so im not 100% sure if this is where I am supposed to post this.

I am running windows XP Pro and the problem is that I have deep freeze installed on my computer, so I un-thawed it and then installed skype and then froze it again.

Once I was done with Skype I un-thawed deep freeze again and uninstalled Skype and then restarted the computer. Thats when the problem started all I get now is the windows XP splash screen and then the screen goes blank. I tried going into safe mode to un-thaw deep freeze again but it doesn't appear in the bottom bar.

Any help is greatly appresheated.

Thanks,
:) Azirus

A:Black Screen after seeing Windows splash screen.

Hello everyone its me again. Just wanted to give an update on the problem.

It appears that it is deep freeze that is causing this problem on the computer, because when I boot into thawed mode or uninstall deep freeze the computer is able to boot normal (I was able to log in by pressing F8 and then selecting Directory Services Restore Mode, incase someone else has this problem) and once I logged in I was able to open deep freeze and uninstall it.

Unfortunately I need deep freeze installed on this computer because its at a public library (Deep freeze pretty much solves all problems of public downloading viruses etc...) I also have deep freeze installed on 6 other computers running windows XP Pro and they arn't having any problems at all.

If anyone else has had this problem or knows what may be wrong please let me know. I have tried uninstalling deep freeze and reinstalling it as well, but the same problem happens.

Thanks,
:) Azirus

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/black-screen-after-seeing-windows-splash-screen-272248.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi I have a Lenovo ThinkPad running Windows Since yesterday I've been having a problem that I haven't encountered since my laptop initially upgraded to Windows which I still swear to this day it did automatically Screen Windows After Black Screen Splash without my permission Whenever I try to boot up my computer I just get a black screen When I boot it up I'm able to see the Lenovo window and also the Windows splash screen After that I hear the boot up tone but then all I get is a black screen Every once in awhile I'm able to Black Screen After Windows Splash Screen see my cursor but not always Before the computer upgraded to windows I was having issues with the screen not working so I purchased a whole new screen After I installed it I still had a black screen Therefore I did some research and just by chance I ran across someone online that had this same problem and they unplugged a yellow backup battery under the touchpad and when they plugged it back it they got their screen back I tried it and it worked too I had no issues with the computer until the windows upgrade When the computer first upgraded to Windows I didn't get an image but if I put the computer to sleep and then work it up I got an image again This no longer works I also tried unplugging the backup battery to see if that would fix it No luck I have a feeling it has something to do with the display driver especially since I can see the splash screen image but I don't know what to do from here Since I can't access my computer anymore I don't know what to do to troubleshoot Any help to get my image back would be greatly appreciated Josh

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/628471/black-screen-after-windows-splash-screen/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi

When rebooting my computer, after the windows splash screen the screen just goes blank. A few days ago I put back an old Nvidia Ti4200 card into the machine (which has previously worked fine on it). It booted up with no problems. However, now it just won't boot (it's probably the second time it's had to boot with this card). The only think I can think of is that I tried installing the latest nvidia drivers which crashed (however it had not yet started copying the files).

Any ideas?

EDIT: Nevermind managed to fix it, the VGA drivers were corrupt

A:Screen goes blank after windows splash screen

cookiemoose said:

Hi

When rebooting my computer, after the windows splash screen the screen just goes blank. A few days ago I put back an old Nvidia Ti4200 card into the machine (which has previously worked fine on it). It booted up with no problems. However, now it just won't boot (it's probably the second time it's had to boot with this card). The only think I can think of is that I tried installing the latest nvidia drivers which crashed (however it had not yet started copying the files).

Any ideas?Click to expand...

I'd say that faulty install was probably to blame. If you haven't already, try going into Safe Mode and doing a system restore (if you're using XP). Otherwise, I'm not sure at the moment.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/screen-goes-blank-after-windows-splash-screen.17629/
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi, my laptop starts up as the "windows did not shut down properly" screen where I can start windows normal to do repair. When I start windows normally it sends me to the repair screen. And when I select system repair it just freezes at a light blue and geen screen and the only thing showing is my cursor. Ive tried to run the system in safe mode but it freezes at classpnp.sys, and eventually sends me back to the repair screen that is frozen. I don't believe I have my windows 7 installation disk for my laptop so that is out of the equation.

My brother was using my computer and said it was updating when this happened so Im not sure what caused all this.

Thanks.

A:System Repair and Safe Mode won't work.

Sounds like Windows has corrupted and needs reinstalling.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/131626-system-repair-safe-mode-wont-work.html
Relevancy 58.91%

MY friend has a compaq presario c700(only three month's old)That will not boot it goes to system repair and then gets message in fig.7 and fig.8 in this tutorial here computer then reboot's and nothing happens just starts again ,he has no backup and no way of doing one as seen in fig.9 there are no memory faults that i can see after running the memory diagnostic.Anyone have any ideas?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/138198/vista-system-repair-wont-work/
Relevancy 58.91%

hi there I've been lurking the forums for a couple weeks now trying to find a way to fix my pc The problem is that i don't even know whats wrong with it I have tried doesn't disc work repair system multiple ways to fix it ive tried the system repair and that doesn't work i created the system repair disk and that doesnt work either either it doesnt work or i system repair disc doesn't work dont know how to use it i created the disc then i restarted my computer i press f the boot dvd cd-rw then it loads it and says the files are corrupted or damaged and thats it any help in helping me restore my cpu to factory setting on a side note no virus protector i install picks up on the problem since it still persist even after multiple scans when i run my cpu in safe mode it seems like the problem isnt there since my web browser runs smoothly in safe mode i forgot to mention the problem which is my cpu runs the internet pretty slow and some games that require connection to the internet i had forgotten to make a system restore backup so no luck there Can anyone help me thanks

A:system repair disc doesn't work

Actually a few clues here.

Do this download and run malwarebytes, do the long scan and update before using. This is not the same as the anti virusl
http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php

Second, do a clean boot and give results
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

The results of safe mode and the clean boot will give a lot of information.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/111306-system-repair-disc-doesnt-work.html
Relevancy 58.48%

I have a Dell Inspiron 1525 running on Vista Home Basic 32-bit SP1.
and lately whenever I switch it on Windows Boot Manager appears with the following message.

Windows failed to start. A recent hardware or software change might be the cause.
1) Try system repair
2) Insert Recovery Disk.

File: \$ Windows.-BT\ Windows\ System 32\ winload.exe

Info: The selected entry could not be loaded. Application might be missing or corrupt

after which I get the following options

Windows Setup
Windows Vista

and when I enter Windows Vista. I get my perfectly normal OS that has been installed with all of my data.

When I try system repair I get a blue screen which says the thread had to terminated. Try closing BIOS.

*** STOP: 0x000000F4 (0x00000003, 0x83FFE330, 0x83FFE47C, 0x81254336)

What do I do to fix this problem?

Would be highly appreciated if you could help/

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/system-not-booting-properly-system-repair-gives-a-blue-screen.941576/
Relevancy 58.48%

Would a reinstall be easier? (Drastic, but it's not hard for me)

A:Toshiba Splash screen/Windows 7 help

Easier than what?

What is your problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/351981-toshiba-splash-screen-windows-7-help.html
Relevancy 58.48%

A few days ago my computer stopped booting up so I reinstalled windows XP. I have spent the last two days running updates and installing all of my programs, etc. and things were going well. But now all of the sudden when I boot up my monitor goes black just after the windows splash screen over and over. I have been using my on-board video port but I have also tried switching over to a pci video card. When I did that I got no display what so ever. Any help would be appreciated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-after-windows-splash-screen.968196/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello I hope that you will be able to help me My PC has started to hang just after the windows splash screen has disappeared the one with the horizontal scrolling bar The only way to get past this point is to reboot usually several times Usually this progressively lets me get further in but not always select user then continue booting If I log in in safe mode it boots without any problem Here is a Hangs Windows Just Pc Splash Screen After copy of of my Hijack this log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT Pc Hangs Just After Windows Splash Screen MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS Pc Hangs Just After Windows Splash Screen system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Panda Software Panda Internet Security pavsrv exeC Program Files Panda Software Panda Internet Security AVENGINE EXEC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Panda Software Panda Internet Security TPSrv exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exec program files common files logitech lvmvfm LVPrcSrv exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files NetLimiter Monitor nlsvc exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Maxtor OneTouch Utils SyncServices exeC WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC Program Files Panda Software Panda Internet Security PsCtrls exeC Program Files Panda Software Panda Internet Security PavFnSvr exeC Program Files Common Files Panda Software PavShld pavprsrv exeC Program Files Panda Software Panda Internet Security AntiSpam pskmssvc exec program files panda software panda internet security firewall PSHOST EXEC Program Files Panda Software Panda Internet Security psimsvc exeC Program Files NetLimiter Monitor NLClient exeC Program Files Retrospect Retrospect Express HD retrorun exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS system SearchIndexer exeC Program Files Logitech iTouch iTouch exeC Program Files Winamp winampa exeC Program Files Common Files Logitech LComMgr Communications Helper exeC Program Files Logitech QuickCam QuickCam exeC Program Files DU Meter DUMeter exeC Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeC Program Files Siber Systems AI RoboForm RoboTaskBarIcon exeC Program Files Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exeC Program Files Panda Software Panda Internet Security SRVLOAD EXEC Program Files Common Files Logitech LComMgr LVComSX exeC Program Files Logitech SetPoint SetPoint exeC Program Files FireTrust MailWasher Pro MailWasher exeC Program Files Common Files Logitech KhalShared KHALMNPR EXEC PROGRA Webshots Webshots scrC Program Files Logitech QuickCam COCIManager exeC Program Files Panda Software Panda Internet Security PavBckPT exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files FoxyTunes ForInternetExplorer FoxyTunesEngine exeC Documents and Settings Tom My Documents My downloads PC PC utilities Hijack this HiJackThis v exeC WINDOWS notepad exeC Program Files Panda Software Panda Internet Security WebProxy exeC WINDOWS system SearchProtocolHost exeC Program Files Panda Software Panda Internet Security psimreal exeC Program Files Panda Software Panda Internet Security avciman exeC WINDOWS system wscntfy exeC Documents and Settings Tom My Documents My downloads PC PC utilities Hijack this v HiJackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www google co uk R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft ... Read more

A:Pc Hangs Just After Windows Splash Screen

Hi achron,

If you still need help please post a fresh HijackThis log and I'll be happy to look at it for you.

Thanks for your patience.

P.S. Please copy/paste the log into this thread using the Add Reply button.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/116790/pc-hangs-just-after-windows-splash-screen/
Relevancy 58.48%

I recently bought a 19" LCD monitor (widescreen 16:10, since there are very few 4:3 options), at 1440X900. Windows desktop is fine, and most applications have no problem. Windows splash screen is pretty obviously under-resolutioned (horribly pixellated - possibly 800X600), and then stretched for the screen resolution.

Here's where it gets interesting: I installed SP3 recently, and after the installation, SP3 rebooted my PC. While it was rebooting, the splash screen was a perfect, non-pixellated or stretched image (possibly 1440X900. After finishing updates, I logged out. The next day, when I logged in, the splash screen was back to its low, stretched version.

I was hoping to find out how I can make the perfect image, the permanent splash screen (without the use of a 3rd party TSR program, since I know that Windows itself is capable of providing such a thing).

Thanks,
RM

A:Windows XP splash screen resolution

If I understand the issue correctly, you tried the obvious? Display (from the control panel), Settings tab, then moving the screen resolution slider to 1400 X 900, then clicked "Apply", and "OK"...then rebooted, only to have it return to it's default?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-xp-splash-screen-resolution-264576.html
Relevancy 58.48%

I turned on my computer today as usual and I've restarted it numerous amount of times and I can't get past the ASUS bios splash.

I'm thinking the problem is my hard drive, the activity light stops flashing after the bios screen and it just completely goes black and hangs. I've tried system restoring from the windows CD but that didn't work. I don't understand how I can see the hard drive in the bios and I can choose restore points on the drive but it simply won't boot.

What can I do? I don't want to format it and re-install everything again as it takes forever to get everything back. Can I create a new partition to install windows on as I have plenty of space left?

Help?

A:Black Screen Before Windows Splash

What OS(s) do you have, your profile lists "XP" but you are in the Windows Vista/7 forums

Also, try a startup repair.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/black-screen-before-windows-splash-497213.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Anyone know how to disable the so called Splash Screen in Windows Mail (Vista Home Premium). Just had a PC health check at PC World and just read the report and one item suggested this to speed up Windows Mail

A:Windows Mail Splash screen

Did you Google search "disable windows mail splash screen"

Which would have given you this link as the first link.
http://www.petri.co.il/disable_windows_mail_splash_screen_in_windows_vista.htm

This link is a little easier to follow.
http://www.petri.co.il/remove-windows-mail-splash-screen.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-mail-splash-screen.950611/
Relevancy 58.48%

I see the screen, stuck on the splash i force reboot and choose last known, doesnt work until like 3 times then finally goes in.
here is what the screen looks like.

thanks
perry

A:Stuck on Windows Splash screen

Hi perry -

What other options are available to you in Safe Mode ?? Are you able to open in Safe Mode Etc. ??
I have only assumed from your post stating you access "last known", that you can access Safe Mode (F8 or similar).

Thank You -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/426907/stuck-on-windows-splash-screen/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi,

On this new pc i have built, the Windows splash screen comes up with just 'starting windows' and then instead of the flag animation it hangs there for at least 20-30 seconds until it starts loading up. (Barely any HDD activity while its hanging). Ive used a MSI mobo that ive never used before, cant say its great quaility but i am really unsure what would cause this.

Windows was installed fine, the HDD was fully wiped pre and all drivers have been installed (Except latest bios i think).

Any suggestions?

Relevancy 58.48%

Got a virus yesterday and just did a fresh install instead of trying to clean it, but I had to take out both the Video card and Ethernet card because it kept hanging on install at 34 minutes. After that the OS installed fine but when I shut the computer off after the Windows install was complete and tried to put the video card in it freezes on the splash screen and goes back to normal if I use the on-board video. I tried installing the card's drivers, that didn't work since the card wasn't in the computer. Then I tried safemode with the card in the computer, got past the freezing problem but when it gets to the login screen it hangs, mouse still moves but I can't login. I'm at a loss, anyone know what's wrong with it and what I can do to fix it?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-freezes-on-splash-screen.105752/
Relevancy 58.48%

I have a Dell Precision 490, that has recently been giving me the Blue Screen of Death, but after restart, it goes through Sector Cleaning and then boots up fine. Today, when I went to start up my computer, it got hung up on the Windows XP Splash Screen with the Dots continuing to animate. I tried unplugging it and restarting and came up with the same issue. I can load it up in Safe Mode, in which I ran the Error Checking program from my C drive and am now running the AVG Antivirus. I'm not sure if AVG works the same way in Safe Mode or not, but I'm running it just to see. I use this computer for AVID Video Editing and have a client coming in today, so I'm hoping to resolve this issue soon if possible. Is this fixable? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks and hope to hear from someone soon.

A:PC Hangs Up on Windows XP Splash Screen

What is "Sector Cleaning"?

Boot to Safe Mode and run chkdsk. Then run a System Restore.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/pc-hangs-up-on-windows-xp-splash-screen-546069.html
Relevancy 58.48%

I just wanted to throw this out there. The animation when windows is loading is the best loading screen for any OS I've seen. Anyone else have any thoughts on that part of the boot process?

A:Splash Screen - Loading Windows

Quote: Originally Posted by ja3hawk

I just wanted to throw this out there. The animation when windows is loading is the best loading screen for any OS I've seen. Anyone else have any thoughts on that part of the boot process?

I assume you mean Windows 7? Or Windows in general?

I like the 7 load screen. Kinda miss the progress bar though.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/29609-splash-screen-loading-windows.html
Relevancy 58.48%

I not sure if this post should be here or in the hardware section but i hope someone can help I have a problem which splash Windows at screen reboots I will describe as fully as I can When I start my machine it reboots every time I get to the Windows Welcome splash screen I am running Windows XP Pro sp on a GB hdd with an intel dual core processor and GB ram After a bit of research here is what I have done so far I disabled the automatic reboot setting so that the system would stop rather than reboot I get a blue screen with the message BAD POOL CALLER I removed all unessential hardware leaving just the hdd ram and motherboard with the intention of refitting them one at a time and rebooting to identify any possible faulty items The problem remained with no other hardware attached I removed the hdd and installed in into another working pc and the same thing happened Thereby identifying the hdd or Windows as the problem I attached the hdd via a caddy to another machine and was able to access it so I Windows reboots at splash screen think the hdd is OK so the problem must be windows I then installed a spare hdd I have into the first machine and installed windows onto it - no problem - everything worked I installed the original hdd as a secondary drive and it immediately was found by the system Windows reboots at splash screen So again I think the hdd is OK I would like to get the original hdd working as my system drive as it contains loads of programs and settings which have been installed and personalised and I really don't want to have to re-install and configure everything again onto the new hdd Can anyone help

A:Windows reboots at splash screen

As a ps to this, when I go to bios and switch to set the old hdd to be the bootable one the problem occurs again - rebooting at the welcome screen

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-reboots-at-splash-screen-461327.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Within the past two days I have had a problem accessing my desktop. Microsoft KB correctly describes my situation: "The desktop does not load and only displays a black or blue background after you log on."

1. I have download the MS hotfix. Works once, then reverts to not giving me access to desktop.
2. If I power off my machine, I reboot into safe mode. I click "normal boot." Things work fine. But again, only once.
3. Today I did a system restore to an earlier date when I did not have this problem. Windows said it could not restore to the earlier date. (In between that date and today I removed some programs.) But when I restarted my machine, Windows gave the earlier date as the system restore point.

Still having the problem of getting to my desktop.

Any suggestions as to a fix?

A:No desktop after Windows Welcome/Splash Screen

can you tell what programs did you remove?

anyway, try this

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/295472-no-desktop-after-windows-welcome-splash-screen.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi,

I have a serious problem, my Windows keeps restarting after the splash screen. It started after I ran Virtomundobegone. Also I'm unable to boot in safe mode cause my keyboard won't work on the selection screen. (Last working configuration, Safe mode, safe mode with networking, etc)

Any suggestions?

Thanks,
Equal.

A:Windows Restarting After Splash Screen

Hi,I have a serious problem, my Windows keeps restarting after the splash screen. It started after I ran Virtomundobegone. Also I'm unable to boot in safe mode cause my keyboard won't work on the selection screen. (Last working configuration, Safe mode, safe mode with networking, etc)Any suggestions?Thanks,Equal.Equal,Please try to find a keyboard to hook up to your computer so you can try to boot into Safe Mode. If you cannot then unfortunately I believe your out of luck. I experienced the same thing a few years ago except with SP2. It corrupted some files and did not install properly. My only option was to reinstall Windows. However if you have a standard XP Disc and not an OEM Restore disc then try booting the disc and choosing the repair utility. That should fix it, providing that it is not a Restore Disc.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/149310/windows-restarting-after-splash-screen/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hope someone can help. Computer worked yesterday. Stated today and froze up at splash screen. I have run recovery disk and backed up everything before I did system recovery.  Now I get a loop.. The machine starts shows E screen then a blurp of something I cant read then I get apologize for inconvience but windows did not start succ essfully . Asks for start normally, safe mode, wth networking and command prompt.  I have tried all. and then it reboots from the beginning again.  Just big circle.  What is going on and how can I fix it?

Restarted again and got windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt: Windows\system32\config\system.  Have rebooted with disc and will hit r for repair. I have done my second system .   t recovery with backup. did not work.  Went to cc/disk file record segments are unreadable.
 .    Help please

A:Windows xp freezing up at splash screen.

You probably have a failing hard drive. I can't quite make out what you are saying in some parts. Did you run a chkdsk /r on the OS partition from the recovery console?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/505290/windows-xp-freezing-up-at-splash-screen/
Relevancy 58.48%

My laptop decided to stop working mysteriously, it will act as though it is loading normally and just stay forever at the splash screen. I've tried System Restore, nothing. I've tried Startup Repair, and it says it can't fix it and gives me this code:

Problem Signature:
Problem Event Name: StartupRepairOffline
Problem Signature 01: 6.1.7600.16385
Problem Signature 02: 6.1.7600.16385
Problem Signature 03: unknown
Problem Signature 04: 21200870
Problem Signature 05: AutoFailover
Problem Signature 06: 5
Problem Signature 07: CorruptVolume
Os Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

A:windows freezing at splash screen

Hmm, seems to be a problem with your disk. Try to run Command Prompt from the installation/recovery disk with the command: chkdsk /r

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/131434-windows-freezing-splash-screen.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Symptom Windows xp splash screen fails to appear and the system freezes splash screen freezes Windows before just Windows xp was installed using a vga crt which completed Successfully The system always boots up normally with a vga crt Windows freezes just before splash screen The symptom described above started when I swapped the vga crt with a Samsung sw LCD monitor I observed that after the floppy drive is polled the splash screen should appear shortly thereafter but it doesn t and the system hangs The only way to get the system to display the splash screen is to start the boot up with the LCD monitor virtually disconnected by the use of a two-port DVI switch After the floppy drive is polled and the HDD led indicates activity I then switch the DVI switch back to the LCD monitor The splash screen then appears and the system boots up normally I have not been able to Get Windows xp to boot normally using the LCD monitor unless Windows freezes just before splash screen I follow the aforementioned procedure which works every time My alternate computer works fine with the same LCD monitor I have tried booting with all add-ons disconnected to no avail For what it s worth If I reconnect the vga crt the system boots normally every time It appears that there might be an incompatibility between Windows xp and my new M A Pro motherboard using the Samsung sw monitor because everything works fine with an older monitor Something isn t right I tried installing Windows but after all required files are loaded from the CD a STARTING WINDOWS screen appears but nothing else happens The BIOS has been updated to the latest version I am at a loss Question Would it be worth the try to replace my current ATI Radeon video card with an Nvidia GeForce equivalent Anybody please help

A:Windows freezes just before splash screen

Is your LCD connected using a DVI cable? If so check which type of cable you are using: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Visual_Interface

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-freezes-just-before-splash-screen-417135.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello I have a Dell Dimension I got a new gb hard drive and wanted to clone it with the current gb drive I took both drives and connected them to a different pc that had norton ghost on it After cloning which went fine I placed them back into the Dell with the gig set as master and the gb set as slave The computer would post normally and boot to a black screen with a blinking cursor this happned right after verifying dmi data pool It would hang at this screen never getting to the windows loading screen I returned the gb to the master drive and set the gb as the slave It booted fine After getting into windows I saw it was reporting the gb as C and the gb as D I changed the drive letter of the gb in safe mode to G After changing it the computer would freeze at the XP splash screen however I still screen xp windows freeze splash at had control of the mouse I believe this was caused from windows search for the page file on C which no longer existed I did a repair install on the gb It set the drive as G It booted fine and now my programs do not work I used regedit to manually change the drive letter of the boot device and it is now freezing during the XP splash screen against still having control of the mouse How can I change freeze at windows xp splash screen the boot drive letter without booting into windows on that drive How can I change the location windows looks for the page file I made an image of the drive before atempting the repair install I reimaged the gb drive but it still freezing at the XP splash screen I cannot use a repair install or do a fresh install The drive contains a very expensive database program that cannot be reinstalled I have tried FIXMBR FIXBOOT BOOTCFG FDISK MBR CHKDSK F R and I have tried putting the drive into other machines Any suggestions and help would be very much appreciated nbsp

A:freeze at windows xp splash screen

I made the same mistake yesterday.
Having used Ghost to clone a version of Windows, you MUST NOT put the old drive back into the machine until you have started from the new drive on its own at least once.

Fortunately for me, I realized what I had done before I started to change things and could redo the Ghost.
I have a feeling you are going to have to do a repair install.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/freeze-at-windows-xp-splash-screen.865729/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hey all Okay so my wife was using the computer BSOD Screen Splash Windows on a little while ago this is all her fault kidding D and she said it restarted on its own No shutdown dialog or anything She doesn't know Windows BSOD on Splash Screen if it flashed a bluescreen or not However since i've started troubleshooting i've found the following Windows BSOD on Splash Screen Second bluescreen flash then reset while the WINDOWS IS LOADING splash is displayed It will NOT boot in safemode w network resets after the 'press esc to stop loading spdt sys however it WILL start WITHOUT networking however incredibly slowly and laggy So far i have run one pass of memtest and it returned no errors I'll let a few more run while i'm out doing laundry in a little Took approx mins and showed nothing wrong I have a dual boot setup and i'm writing this from ubuntu which loads just fine Both OS on the same HD I tried a system restore that did nothing Did a virus scan yesterday showed nothing Malware caught minor threats When i had first gotten to the computer my grub file was rewritten an trying to load hd UUID D E instead of D E Deleting the ' ' now points it to windows as it should be first time i tried to boot it just hung not knowing where windows was of course Not sure if this is related somehow but it existed There have been no prior incidents This is a relatively fresh install only a couple days old All drivers are new and from OEM sites I haven't been monitoring temperatures yet but i've never had any heating issues in the past System Specs XP Pro Corp Edition x Asus M A T-E motherboard x GB Corsair XMS DDR forget the clockspeed but the timing is - - - Phenom II X gHz x Radeon HD xFire SB Audigy ZS All problems are pointing toward memory but memtest showed nothing I went through another passes with no errors in memtest and a pattern minute bit fade test that produced no errors I went and stopped the auto-restart on fault and the bluescreen had this x B xFFFFFADF D F C xFFFFFFFFC and x xsixteen zeros a bit of googling point s the x B to boot sector virus or a boot driver edit Avira boot sector scanner didn't reveal anything May not be the best tool If i can boot linux i wouldn't think there's a boot sector problem no so maybe the driver problem Thanks a lot - Deimos

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-bsod-on-splash-screen-522698.html
Relevancy 58.48%

This problem started several days ago. On restart the XP splash screen loads but freezes as the progress bar is in motion. After rebooting several times it does load to the desktop, but on restarting again it hangs.

I have searched reference articles, forums, etc and have found others have the same problem and have narrowed it down to nvidia drivers and hardware conflicts that load after 'mup.sys' in the boot up process.

I had installed a nvidia graphics card and driver before this problem began but then uninstalled, deciding to keep the on board sis igp. I have downloaded driver cleaner and removed all traces of the nvidia driver but the problem persists

I am running XP sp2, p4 3ghz, foxconn motherboard, sis 661fx graphics.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 58.48%

So I m running Windows XP with the most recent updates I was playing Dungeon Keeper II which I don t think was made for XP using an iso mounted with Magic Disk The game crashed and I lost the task bar and all of my icons I was just left with my background I After Blank Windows Splash Screen tried ctrl alt delete but nothing happened so Blank Screen After Windows Splash I manually powered down the laptop Now when I start windows it goes through the splash screen but then the screen goes blank It boots up in safe mode and I ve tried a few things I ran chkdsk and it said it found an error So I ran it again with the f and it said it couldn t run because the volume was already in use but I scheduled it to run on reboot I rebooted and it said it fixed the error but nothing happened I ve used System Restore twice one for yesterday and one for weeks ago but it still doesn t boot properly I ve tried disabling the automatic restart to hopefully get an error message but I never got one so I just shut it down I ve tried booting it into the quot Last known good configuration quot Please help nbsp

A:Blank Screen After Windows Splash

download this tool: http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/XP_FixLogon.zip
This utility checks for the correct GINA value in the Registry and will allow you to restore it, if its incorrect.

Run it in Safe Mode

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/blank-screen-after-windows-splash.137080/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi everyone I just found this place and am hoping you can help me out I'll try to make this as brief as possible I am in the process of upgrading from gig WD IDE hard drive to a gig WD SATA hard drive My motherboard is older so I had to put a jumper on the new drive to slow it down to SATA speeds Got that done no problems and connected it Powered up and started formatting the new drive from Windows I went to sleep when formatting was complete When I woke up this morning there was an error message stating that the drive did not finish formatting successfully or something like that However I restarted my machine and when Widows started back up the new drive was there and recognized and I could open it up My next step was to try and clone the old drive to the new using Clonezilla I booted from the Clonezilla cd I made but the program would not run because the NTFS file system on the new hard drive was Windows on hangs splash screen!! corrupt invalid The program suggested running chkdsk to solve the problem My first thought was Windows hangs on splash screen!! to do that or try and format the drive again so I changed my BIOS back to their original settings and tried to start up And just after the first Windows splash screen with the progress bar is where the boot up hangs It looks like the blue screen where you log Windows hangs on splash screen!! in except there no place to log in and only a Windows logo The mouse pointer still moves I didn't have time to try and boot in safe mode so I still need to try that But does anyone have any other tips or ideas about what might be going on Any help is greatly appreciated

Relevancy 58.48%

Ok so I purchased and installed new RAM for my father-in-law s XP Home system which seemed hang windows splash after screen to hang after windows splash screen work fine after bootup memory showed up But I got greedy and unchecked all but the anti-virus software in msconfig startup programs Again it booted fine but the third time disaster struck So to begin I don t know which is at fault The only thing I know is that upon another bootup I received missing or corrupt windows system config system It told me to go to Recovery Console so I did with what I m not sure is the original disk I ll come back to this later Forget about safemode with or without command prompt or last known good configuration- same thing happened Upon choosing my OS in RC it promptly gave me the BSOD with a page fault in unpaged area stop x After some research I then ran memtest a few times couple times through on both old and new memory sticks and then both together but received different results each time perfect one time awful the next- perhaps memory wasn t seated correctly I m currently letting it run overnight to get a better testing I haven t researched it much but I m not sure if the memory is useless if it has more than zero errors So after more research I burned rc iso and I believe this is what finally allowed me to get to the RC Once there I ran bootcfg rebuild but the error was the same I figured maybe a restore would help I searched for how to restore from the RC and did this in the snapshot directory with my nd to last restore point Now the command prompt will look like this c system resto rp snapshot Type copy registry machine system c windows system config system Press enter Then type copy registry machine software c windows system config software A minor success I no longer received the missing or corrupt config system message but now I was able to get to the Windows splash screen which I read means that it is not a boot problem any longer and then it hangs at a blank screen The last driver to load is mup sys while booting into safemode I guess AGP drivers are supposed to come next but in the bootlog ACPI is next For some reason AGP seems suspect to me Anyways as you can see I m in bad shape I keep finding suggestions that tell the user to use the CD and do a repair And then the user tells the tech that the OS DOES NOT SHOW UP ON THE INSTALL WINDOWS TO WHICH PARTITION PAGE However I haven t found any suggestions as to why this could be It is at this point that most threads are ended with the user saying quot I just did a reinstallation quot and that s that However others end with quot I just did a fresh install and the problem isn t gone quot Either way I don t like it Is it possible it has anything to do with not having the exact CD or the same CD as the current service pack Why would I get a splash screen and a C Windows prompt in the RC but have trouble finding the OS when trying to go to do a repair I m running out of ideas Any help would be much appreciated Thanks nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hang-after-windows-splash-screen.845938/
Relevancy 58.48%

I'm trying to personalize my win2K Pro totally. I'm having trouble finding the location of the Win 2K splash screen, or any info on how to change it. I tried copying logo.sys from my Win98 and WinME drives to the Win2K root dir on it's drive in a futile attempt. Any ideas of how to change it, or where the original is??

A:windows 2000 Splash Screen

I don't think you can change it, but you can disable it. By adding the parameter /noguiboot to the entry in BOOT.INI that launches Windows 2000.

For example:
Change

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(1)partition(1)\WINNT="Windows 2000" /fastdetect

to

multi(0)disk(0)rdisk(1)partition(1)\WINNT="Windows 2000" /fastdetect /noguiboot

Beware: Some Windows 2000 newsgroups have reported disabling the splash screen causes mysterious problems. It also disables the blue screen error messages. That means the system will mysteriously lock up or reboot without giving you any clue as to why should an error occur.

Happy Thanksgiving. Dan-O

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-2000-splash-screen.29456/
Relevancy 58.48%

Ok, here is the deal. I have a server running Windows NT 4.0 SP6a. I recently downloaded the Security Update package from Microsoft's own Windows Update site and now my server is inaccessible. Well, I can't get into NT anyways. The server boots up fine as it always had before, but when it gets to the splash screen and the 'Hit CTRL-ALT-DELETE to login" box appears, the screen just goes black and the server reboots. The cycle is never ending. It just keeps rebooting and loading, rebooting and loading, rebooting and loading, etc... Does anyone have any clue what this might be and what can be done about it. Comments, Suggestions, anyone....

Relevancy 58.48%

OK, I recently 'upgraded' my windows 7 to windows 10. It was working fine since Christmas, then today it just freezes on the windows 10 splash screen, which as I'm sure you can guess is incredibly annoying, any help would be awesome, thanks in advance

A:HELP : windows 10 stuck on the splash screen

Originally Posted by OfficialFaite

OK, I recently 'upgraded' my windows 7 to windows 10. It was working fine since Christmas, then today it just freezes on the windows 10 splash screen, which as I'm sure you can guess is incredibly annoying, any help would be awesome, thanks in advance

Without some info about your setup, it is very difficult to even guess. Please update your system specs, completely as you can. It will help a lot. Thanks...... System Specs - Fill in at Ten Forums - Windows 10 Forums

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/35508-help-windows-10-stuck-splash-screen.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hi there
I just did a clean install of Windows XP pro on my pc. During the installation I received a few error messages... LSA Shell 0xc0000142, 12d, 17. I have no idea what they mean. The installation continued to completion and when I tried to start up the computer everything went fine until the Windows splash screen, the computer simply freezes at this screen. I can't even turn the thing off until i hit the power bar. I have tried reinstalling a few times and still have the same problem. I am not sure what I can do.
I should mention that the computer was recently in the shop for "bulging capacitors" Apparently they replaced the mobo.
Any suggestions/ideas would be greatly appreciated

microma

Relevancy 58.48%

Trying to clean up a relatives computer here. I was installing windows updates since it was quite out of date in that regard. Everything went fine until the sp3 update. after rebooting the computer was stuck at the splash screen. Tried booting into safe mode and it stalls there too. So I tried booting with the xp install disc to get to the recovery console and possibly just wipe the drive and start over but it stalls there too. It loads all the files and then stalls at the "setup is starting windows" screen

So I can not boot windows normally, in safe mode, or from the xp disc. This little favor for my niece has just turned into a nightmare. Any ideas?

Relevancy 58.48%

Hi all run of are work computer when you turn it on it will not load into Windows or safe mode and freeze at the Windows splash screen..

What can cause this to happen ??

Relevancy 58.48%

Hey guys I am new here and I consider myself very knowledgeable Windows Splash Screen Display After No on a computer but this one has me pulling my hair out I have seen posts for similar situations but nothing identical to mine What I have is a Dell E and we had a power serge and No Display After Windows Splash Screen the No Display After Windows Splash Screen computer shutoff When the computer was turned back on it P O S T fine loaded to splash screen and then once that is done loading I get a blank screen Nothing I reset go to safe mode works fine loads into safe mode I try to load safe mode with networking will not work So I went back to safe mode and tried to do a system restore told me it was disables and I would have to go back and enable it in regular mode Well I can t do that so I go to the regedit and turn it on from there Now when I go to system restore it says Error Cannot find the files specified So next I get the install disk and boot form CD I skip the automated recovery system and go to reinstall once it found my partition it asked if I wanted to repair it I hit R to repair It goes through the process and when it is finished it restarted the computer and right after the splash screen same thing blank display The monitor does not turn off or go into sleep mode giving me the impression there is some sort of activity going on but I am lost on how to get thing back to normal any ideas nbsp

A:No Display After Windows Splash Screen

Does this PC have a plug in video card or is it using the integrated graphics card?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/no-display-after-windows-splash-screen.921858/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello, I'm having a problem with Windows XP home edition. It will not go past the splash screen on a normal start up, when I try to go to the repair console I get to the blue screen that says " Windows Setup Setup is starting windows " and then it hangs here and lastly when I try to boot to safe mode it hangs at agp440.sys service. From what I can tell that is a video driver that I think is causing all of my problems. Once in a great while it will finally boot to the desktop but my video display is locked at 640 x 480 4bit color. I've removed all unnecessary pci cards and even tried a different video card but the result is still the same. If anyone has any ideas I would be grateful. Thanks....

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-hangs-at-splash-screen.961028/
Relevancy 58.48%

Ok this problem is starting to frustrate me...I have a IBM Netivista, p3 833Mhz, desktop. I had replaced the cpu from 933 to 833mhz, and had also replaced the hard drive. I was getting a cpu error so I flashed the bios for the cpu and that seemed to work out fine. I also formatted the hard drive to xp. The format looked like it went through fine without any problems, but when it was done copying files, it rebooted itself, then nothing is displayed after that. Just a blank screen. I tried switching out the hard drive, and get the same thing, so I know it's not the hard drive. Not sure what it is. Can anyone please help me out with this? Thanks.

A:Help!! Can't view windows splash screen!

When you formatted and installed xp,you changed the boot sequence to cdrom first correct?
Try changing to hard drive first boot.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-cant-view-windows-splash-screen.450074/
Relevancy 58.48%

This problem started several days ago. On restart the XP splash screen loads but freezes as the progress bar is in motion. After rebooting several times it does load to the desktop, but on restarting again it hangs.

I have searched reference articles, forums, etc and have found others have the same problem and have narrowed it down to nvidia drivers and hardware conflicts that load after 'mup.sys' in the boot up process.

I had installed a nvidia graphics card and driver before this problem began but then uninstalled, deciding to keep the on board sis igp. I have downloaded driver cleaner and removed all traces of the nvidia driver but the problem persists

I am running XP sp2, p4 3ghz, foxconn motherboard, sis 661fx graphics.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:Windows XP hangs at splash screen

Have you tried this taken from here http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;323786
Microsoft Windows XP
To test the problem in Windows XP VGA mode, follow these steps: 1. Click Start, and then click Shut Down.
2. Click Restart, and then click OK.
3. When the Please select the operating system to start message appears, press F8.
4. In the Windows Advanced Options Menu, select Enable VGA Mode, and then press ENTER.
5. Test the problem.

If the problem is resolved, the installed video adapter driver may be causing the display problems. Contact your video adapter manufacturer to obtain an updated driver.
For additional information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
307960 Resources for troubleshooting display problems in Windows XP
292460 How To Troubleshoot the Video Adapter Driver in Safe Mode in Windows XP

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/windows-xp-hangs-at-splash-screen-50623.html
Relevancy 58.48%

I just reinstalled Window XP a couple of days ago. After it starts to boot up the display goes black right after windows splash screen and it freezes indefinitely.
Does anyone has any suggestions on how to fix this?

A:Freeze after Windows Splash Screen

Does it work in safe mode?

It may be a driver conflict from when you were installing the appropriate drivers.
Kevin

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/freeze-after-windows-splash-screen.983599/
Relevancy 58.48%

I need some help, please.
I couldn't find Windows 7 Repair Disc / Repair System / rewrite MBR for x64
Can you give me some advices, please ?
Thank you

A:couldn't find Windows 7 Repair Disc / Repair System / rewrite MBR

Please give us the exact problem you're experiencing if there is one.

Otherwise: System Repair Disk
System Repair Disc - Create
System Recovery Options

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/197630-couldnt-find-windows-7-repair-disc-repair-system-rewrite-mbr.html