Windows Support Forum

Freezing, BSOD and Skype and Firefox constantly crashing?

Q: Freezing, BSOD and Skype and Firefox constantly crashing?

I've been getting BSODs for quite some time now, random freezing and now Skype and Firefox have started to crash randomly when before it was perfectly fine.

I think it might be a hardware issue but I'm unsure at this moment, I was hoping to know if any of you guys could help me find out. Thanks for your time.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Freezing, BSOD and Skype and Firefox constantly crashing?

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Freezing, BSOD and Skype and Firefox constantly crashing?

I used Driver Verifier and as soon as I restarted it started BSODing instantly, couldn't even get into Windows.

No idea what's wrong, should I do a full reinstall?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/306319-freezing-bsod-skype-firefox-constantly-crashing.html
Relevancy 22.36%

Hey guys I recently within the last weeks built a new computer and it has been rebooting and freezing on me whenever I try to use youtube or play games on steam There have been no BSOD the computer just freezes requiring a hard reset or it will reboot itself I have already run several stress tests including Heavyload Furmark prime and metest The computer did not crash during any of these tests In addition under stress rebooting/freezing PC New I have been monitoring hardware temperatures using SpeedFan so I do not suspect the rebooting freezing is due to overheating I have used a different power supply to see New PC rebooting/freezing under stress if that was the problem although it did not change anything I have also completely updated my graphics drivers I ran memtest on my computer and could not reach - passes I could only complete pass in hours which was horrifically slow It was stuck on test hammer test for most of that time I did not feel like running my computer hours to complete a stress test OS Windows bit Build Geforce GTX graphics card AMD FX- quad core processor Gigabyte A-UD P motherboard GB of PNY ddr ram x GB stick Corsair CXM series W ATX V power supply PNY GB SATA-III SSD Western Digital Blue TB Hard Drive -Was having problems with an old thread so I made this one nbsp

A:New PC rebooting/freezing under stress

Investigate Event View; system logs. Look for errors

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-pc-rebooting-freezing-under-stress.216314/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi I would appreciate if someone could help me please The problem I have has been going on since about the time I formatted my PC and reinstalled Windows Had issues with BSOD on install because of my graphics card seem to have been slighty dislogded See http www techspot com vb topic html Okey the problem is my mouse keeps freezing up after a while and after moving it or clicking a couple times it works again When this happens I get either a beep or the usb disconnect connect sound depending on which mouse is being used Current using Windows mouse issues freezing 7 Bluetooth Apple Magic Mouse connecting to a generic Windows 7 mouse freezing issues bluetooth dongle this makes a beep when Windows 7 mouse freezing issues it freezes The USB Wireless Logitech Dongle Logitech Mouse I had before this made disconnect connect sound The USB Wired Mouse before the Logitech also made disconnect connect sound I have tried to work around this using several methods but have had no luck Steps taken to try and rectify issue Changed mouse I am on my th mouse now I will not change for another again the mouse is not the problem Tried all the mouses on other computers where they all worked fine I have switched ports on numerous occasions all other device work with no problem keyboard touch screen monitor external hard drive s usb flash I have removed conflicting hardware and ensured only on mouse is plugged in also removed touchscreen cable from monitor I have gone to Device Manager and set USB Root Hub and Power Management tab and unchecked quot Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power quot on all devices I have removed drivers for all other mouse s used previously I have disabled C E as this uses some power saving methods I have check Event Viewer which only has networking errors which all forward to my network drive I have run System File Checker SFC sfc scannow I need to know whether Windows is the issue or whether its the usb ports Can anyone please help me as it is now really bothering me I can t even play Battlefield games Thanks nbsp

A:Windows 7 mouse freezing issues

This is a problem I have not seen before. Try using this guide to find any other mouse drivers that you may not have deleted.

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/remove-old-drivers-after-upgrading-to-new-hardware/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-7-mouse-freezing-issues.164226/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hey guys I can t seem to get into my old account so created a new one So here is my issue that I hope someone has a solution Long ish story FYI I didn t realize until after I wrote everything but when I refer to crash I mean the entire system crashed Been playing games on my computer pretty regularly with no problems crashes on Aliens Isolations but that was it and irregular Enter the realease of GTA I buy it I upgrade my drivers to the new Nvidia im using a GTX I play it it crashes after Card Video be crashing Might a bit I get bored and play csgo it crashes after a little bit I have hours with no crash I rollback my drivers reinstall update Works for a while everything seems fine Come back today and play a different game that has given no problem It crashes I look at video card stuff another crash Video Card Might be crashing I completely remove all the drivers and reinstall them after restart do stress test another crash I have cleaned the inside of the computer but that has not fixed anything I have run whocrashed to read the system log but it only reads a crash log from yesterday although it is referencing a nvidia created crash So now I m here and I have absolutely no idea what to do if I can get any help I would be appreciative another random note tried to test it with gta again and the launcher said it was missing gta exe I looked and its gone for whatever reason have to reinstall I guess Not a huge deal just thought it may be worth noting Thank you guys for your time oh and system specs gb RAM MSI GTX Duel monitors i cpu asus z- mobo nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-card-might-be-crashing.212021/
Relevancy 27.52%

So to clear out what my hardware is my core is an intel i LGA For a bit of background - A few months back I encountered this problem that my high temperature with too constantly Problem CPU fan started to malfunction Though a few hours later the fan started to work again I used a flashlight to look into the CPU and yeah it was spinning Both of Problem with CPU temperature constantly too high them at equal rates So onto the actual problem I few days ago I just got my PC fixed since my vid card malfunctioned Fearing it was overheating I downloaded speedfan and now constantly check my GPU temperature However what worries me now is that it constantly reads my CPU temperature to be around - Celsius The frightening thing is it s ALWAYS at that range Even when I just turn my computer on despite it being in air-conditioning the temp is always at that range I also asked the guy who fixed my PC and said that it was a problem but that C is standard for a PC that s been used for hours Since I m kind of lazy to screenshot upload I ll just type out what it reads in Speedfan CoreTemp and CPU Thermometer Speedfan GPU C System C CPU C AUX C SMIOVT - C HD C Core C CoreTemp Tj Max C Core C Min Max Core C Min Max Load varies from - CPU thermometer reads relatively the same with a - C range What the hell is up with my PC and what can I do to solve it nbsp

A:Problem with CPU temperature constantly too high

Hello, omni23414.
It could be a miscalculation on the part of the on-die sensors, or a horribly failing cooling system.
I've checked Google for that chip's average temps, and they aren't supposed to be that high.
My CPU isn't a multi-core, so it by default doesn't generate much heat, but it's overclocked enough to make a toast.

Try disabling any 'Quiet fan' features in your mobo's BIOS, and check the temps.
For how long have you had this problem? Only recently, or since Day 1 of the assembly?

Try taking off all the fans and checking them individually. Check whether any fan is malfunctioning. If none is, it could be a case of bad case airflow. Or miscalculated temps.

Still, give me some more details on which programs you mostly run, how much load they give the CPU. I'll abuse Google for more information on your case.

Good luck!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-with-cpu-temperature-constantly-too-high.179473/
Relevancy 22.36%

I have a Dell Optiplex 330 which has a 2.0 dual processor with 4gb of ddr2 ram. I have windows xp installed and I have a video card that has 1024 mb of ram. I am unsure of the brand of video card or further specs. I bought it off of ebay some time ago.

My problem is that when I try to play streaming video it wants to freeze a lot. I have already given more space for the virtual memory on my computer: I think 4 to 8 gb and I have set my hardware acceleration way down but these changes haven't helped.

I can download and play movies fine, I only seem to have problems when playing streaming video like from hulu.com or letmewatchthis.com which directs you to sites like: putlocker, deditv, sockshare, loomba, etc. I have used other computers and they don't seem to have as much problems with this so I hope that somebody knows what I need to do to solve this problem. Thanks in advance for any help.

A:Freezing problems with streaming video

When you say freezing, do you mean just the video freezes, or the whole system? If its just the video, it could have something to do with your internet connection. Is the computer on wired internet or wireless?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/freezing-problems-with-streaming-video.164671/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hi I have a MSI Gt ND laptop and recently started having issues with it I ve started to play CS GO for over a month and Blackscreen CS:GO Crashing recently my laptop is having errors with only CS:GO Blackscreen Crashing this specific CS:GO Blackscreen Crashing game As I start the game the game goes in start up with a black screen sometimes the wallpaper Loading Screen pops up for - seconds then crashes As I went offline I tried to go in it worked however switching my internet on again resulted it to start have freeze lags and then crashes with no error message online or offline As I mentioned this is only an error that happened recently CS:GO Blackscreen Crashing this happened as I came from work and booted up my PC I ve tried most of the fixes including Changing launch options re-installing Checking game cache re downloading and installing the game twice after all those attempts I had no luck afterwards I Formatted my laptop Removing EVERYTHING on my PC Changing from Windows to Windows which I removed my steam and all files including on C AND D Drive however still no luck Afterwards installing all my drivers and re downloading the game after all this the game still doesn t work I ve narrowed this down to be an hardware error or something which includes with my program error Software however this can be something else I m not aware about If someone can assist me It would be very much appreciated Hopefully someone else has fixed this error nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cs-go-blackscreen-crashing.208482/
Relevancy 23.65%

I have a Dell Inspiron laptop, it started randomly crashing but it would start right back up no problem. Then It started getting more and more frequent. And then it started not turning back on right away after crashing, but it would eventually turn on after a little while. But now it won't turn on at all. I tried removing the battery and just running it on the charger, but that changed nothing, I still did it. Anyone have any ideas?

A:Laptop crashing, now won't turn on at all

The hard drive is probably corrupt from all the crashing. If you can, have someone remove and re-install the memory and remove the hard drive to see if the laptop comes back to life by lights turning on and the screen starting to display without the hard drive installed

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-crashing-now-wont-turn-on-at-all.207428/
Relevancy 23.65%

My internet will just crash every minutes to sometimes seconds and the crashing only last about 10 seconds. It really gets annoying. its been happening for a couple months now and I have no idea how to fix it. I'm using cable and it seems to only happen to me in the house my brothers laptop isn't affected by the crashing, if anybody knows how to fix the problem please tell me.
EDIT oh and it happens randomly like say its could crash one day then it wont crash the next day. Or it could crash for one hour and not crash for the next 3 hours.

A:Internet Crashing

I'm using cable and it seems to only happen to me in the house my brothers laptop isn't affected by the crashing,Click to expand...

I guess you are saying that at your house, your Internet connection has problems but your brother's laptop does not.
Crashing(what: your system versus your browser) or Disconnecting?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-crashing.206507/
Relevancy 27.52%

Alright here we go it s my first time here I don t got any help searching so gonna ask here The first problem is that my notebook has recently a Bad Image error when I try to install programs like if I download in baixaki Advanced SystemCare he tells me that got a bad image Also I can t install so much things and the cleaners anti-virus thanks to that some programs as Fire Fox too here let me show you It doesn t Constantly errors and Bad blue Image screens change the error I think with others it always say this jscript dll and yeah I will not make another thread so I think I am able to show all the problems here I didn Constantly Bad Image errors and blue screens t read rules Second one much KERNEL DATA INPAGE ERROR blue screen but not frequently sometimes he freezes and does that It already maked it constantly when it was starting and I fixed it I think I think those problems are related to my HD or motherboard isn t it Third one everytime I open chrome he say that he isn t my principal browser and when I click to make it he doesn t do Constantly Bad Image errors and blue screens Also his image is bugged P S I don t remember when exactly this error of Bad Image started I was in the past without it and it suddently appeared I know that can appear by I installing something I was downloading so much in the forums GTA SA Mods P S I play so much games on that frequently War Dota Tibia GTA and others RPG but now only War Dota So waiting if you can help me nbsp

A:Constantly Bad Image errors and blue screens

Sorry I forgot, the KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR was already constantly appearing when I start windows. Not expecified that.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/constantly-bad-image-errors-and-blue-screens.204513/
Relevancy 20.21%

I am getting random CPU spikes whilst playing games, it lags a lot and Ive noticed a drop in fps when Firefox is running. Though I have a good system which should be able to handle this.

Can someone please advise and what the think the problem is?

A:Random CPU Spikes - FPS Drops In Game - Firefox lag

Can you export the specs to this page?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/random-cpu-spikes-fps-drops-in-game-firefox-lag.204180/
Relevancy 28.38%

Hi everyone Just to let you know I know hardly anything about computers but desperately need help All programs on my laptop have been responding badly or not at all for quite a while Today I wanted to see if there is anything I can do about it I noticed that the CPU usage is up to a almost constantly First I used QuickClean then I ran a full virus scan nothing detected Next I googled about this problem CPU constantly 100% usage and found information about performing a system file check which I did again nothing detected Next I have done a disc scan and again nothing detected When I check under processes in the task manager I cannot see anything suspicious but as I said before I am not that familiar with computers Is there anyone who knows what I could do to find the problem I am using Windows by the way I urgently need my laptop to run effeciently to use it for work And before CPU usage constantly 100% anyone suggest to resrote it to an earlier backup I can t because it has been going on for a long time and I wouldn t know how long back to go and probably loose a lot of files Also completely rebooting it isn t an option because when I bought it new it came with windows and Microsoft Office pre-installed and I haven t got any recovery cd s If anyone can help that would be fantastic please don t forget to not use technical language but for normal pc users like me - Thank you very much nbsp

A:CPU usage constantly 100%

Caty80 said:

Hi everyone.
Just to let you know, I know hardly anything about computers but desperately need help.

All programs on my laptop have been responding badly or not at all for quite a while. Today I wanted to see if there is anything I can do about it.
I noticed that the CPU usage is up to a 100 % almost constantly. First I used QuickClean, then I ran a full virus scan... nothing detected. Next I googled about this problem and found information about performing a system file check which I did... again nothing detected. Next I have done a disc scan ... and again nothing detected.

When I check under processes in the task manager I cannot see anything suspicious but as I said before I am not that familiar with computers.

Is there anyone who knows what I could do to find the problem??? I am using Windows 7 by the way. I urgently need my laptop to run effeciently to use it for work. And before anyone suggest to resrote it to an earlier backup... I can't because it has been going on for a long time (and I wouldn't know how long back to go and probably loose a lot of files). Also completely rebooting it, isn't an option because when I bought it new it came with windows 7 and Microsoft Office pre-installed and I haven't got any recovery cd's.

If anyone can help that would be fantastic (please don't forget to not use technical language but for normal pc users like me ;-)) Thank you very muchClick to expand...

Open up task manager and click the processes area, then click the spot that reads CPU and take a screenshot so we can see what is running your system up.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-usage-constantly-100.203878/
Relevancy 20.21%

I have an ancient eMachines T- Intel P- Ghz single core Prescott I m running XP-SP fully updated with the exception of SP- If I install SP I lose the ability to do a repair install My AV product is AVG Free This thing s Loading Firefox Page with Slow my Slow Page Loading with Firefox go to erotica finder Trust me I don t log in to my bank with it Anyway it seems terribly slow at loading pages with the CPU at or pushing usage I can t load more than one page at a time Slow Page Loading with Firefox or I get a quot problem server reset before page loaded quot type error Once the other page s have loaded a simple reload page command establishes the connection Firkefox Slow Page Loading with Firefox ver is the browser of choice with quot NoScript quot installed I just did a repair install of the OS which is the only way I could get it to reload the internet driver Intel Pro That doesn t seem to have helped My question is I want anybody s best opinion as to whether this level of performance is what I should expect as typical with this rig or is it just plain worn out and I should retire it with full military honors nbsp

A:Slow Page Loading with Firefox

Try disabling no script. That may be eating up all your resources and slowing down the loading of webpages. If that doesnt work, try another browser like Chrome. I would try completely clean installing windows rather than repairing it since just repairing will not clear anything such as viruses off of the PC. Malware could be another culprit and clean installation will allow you to wipe it out.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/slow-page-loading-with-firefox.202610/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi there,

My mouse cursor freezes once every ~30s for about 1~2s. It doesn't happen all the time, but I suspect it might happen because of the usage of postgreSQL, as I've seen 2 other people with the same problem who also used it.

I have tested another mouse, the problem persists. I've tried updating mouse/USB drivers as well, nothing helped.

My trackpad, however, doesn't stop working at any time.
Any ideas?

Thanks.

A:Mouse cursor freezing

Interesting how when you tested another mouse the issue persisted, but it works with the trackpad. Are both mice you tried (non-trackpad) wired or wireless?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mouse-cursor-freezing.203256/
Relevancy 27.52%

We have a problem with the connection to our server. The server disconnects randomly from minutes to hours all day. I am at a remote location and connect via logmein to a local pc at the servers physical location to remotely control and connect to the server. A month or so ago the connection would drop every few minutes. The staff at that location replaced the switch and had the ISP tech check out the router. No problems were found. I think it is a problem with the server itself but don't know what it could be. Typically I can go through the login process and reconnect. I'm sorry I can't be more specific about the equipment since it is 40 miles away. Any suggestions on troubleshooting? Remotely?
Clearly I'm not a network guy.
Thanks for any help or direction

A:Network connection to server disconnects constantly

The usual suspects are:

(for DSL connections only) missing or faulty line filters
need to update the router/modem firmware at your end
packet reassembly overflow(a)
(a) very techie, but the solution is easy; see this description

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/network-connection-to-server-disconnects-constantly.200706/
Relevancy 27.95%

I know this is an old thread but I have found it because I was having problems with my laptop constantly dropping out (several time an hour) it would connect via ethernet no problem I followed the instructions as above ie the 8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4 . . . question: do I now need to go to googleping to verify these settings or is my laptop now "reset". Thanks in anticipation, it's great to be able get help like this! Martin.
forget to add isp is BT I am using homehub 4 on an Acer Aspire 64 bit windows 7 laptop is a little over 4 years old and the problem of drop outs has only become reallyserious over the past 2 to 4 weeks

Moderator note: Moved from this thread - http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connects-to-ethernet-but-not-wi-fi.187307/#post-1363198

A:Laptop constantly dropping out

These DNS settings are fine, but have NOTHING to do with dropping connections. These are only used to find the correct IP address when you open a webpage or send/receive email.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-constantly-dropping-out.198273/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi there So I recently rebuilt my brother s old Dell XPS adding a new case CPU motherboard and CPU cooler It worked perfectly fine for days handling everything with ease However came home from school today and he said that it was just locking up and freezing e g he s just listening to music and chatting on skype everything freezes Music continues to play but mouse keyboard unresponsive nothing happening on screen I had a suspicion it was the CPU overheating so I checked and it was running VERY hot turns out he turned off the CPU fan accidentally via Speedfan a program which controls PC fan speeds Whatever though I replace the Coolermaster heatsink witht PC freezing? rebuilt Newly the stock AMD heatsink PC boots windows updates everything ok So I replace the Stock heatsink with the Coolermaster heatsink again and boot Next boot everything is running cool and right however it freezes after a few minutes after logging in It s not the CPU temperature which is running fine I placed my hands on the heatsink and it was nice and cool Nothing else comes to mind which could be causing this issue Help me out here is the parts list CPU AMD FX- CPU cooler Coolermaster Hyper tx evo Motherboard ASrock extreme RAM GB of generic ram he had from a while back HDD tb storage and tb boot Windows W Antec PSU nbsp

A:Newly rebuilt PC freezing?

Could it be your Coolermaster heat sink is causing the problem? You said when you put the stock one on it runs fine.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/newly-rebuilt-pc-freezing.197593/
Relevancy 22.79%

I have a Sapphire rhadeon 7850. It can run almost any game on highest quality. So I purchased Crysis the original off steam and attempted to run it at Very high settings. After about 10 mins the graphics card crashed. So I had to downgrade it to High. After about a day playing on high it begun to crash on high as well. I now can only run it on medium. Today it crashed while I was playing Planetside2 and it has never don't that before. And just a few minutes ago it crashed while I was playing saints row 3. I believe I have the latest drivers and I don't know exactly what to do in the amd catalyst. Thanks for taking the time to read this. Any suggestions would be helpfull.

A:Radeon HD 7850 crashing when I play games

Try the following things:

Uninstall and go through a Clean Re-install of your graphics drivers.

Download HWmonitor or your choice of GPU tempreature monitoring tool and see what type of Temps you are getting while playing games. Overheating will definitely make a GPU crash. (If it is overheating, go ahead and thoroughly clean your GPU. )

What is the rest of your computer setup?
What resolution do you play these games at?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/radeon-hd-7850-crashing-when-i-play-games.188944/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hi im pretty good with problems but this one is doing my head in now the problem is im not sure what the actual problem is the symptoms include corrupted desktop display game crashing corrupted firefox display these symptoms are not continual and dont Corrupted game crashing desktop display, appear after boot up ati smartgart reports agp is off adjusting it makes no difference the system is old but has been very reliable mobo is asrock i gv with onboard vga cpu dual core intel mem gb o s xp pro sp graphics card ati radeon mb agp directx all drivers are current including chipset drivers things ive done reinstalled graphics card and drivers and onboard vga drivers ive tried using the onboard Corrupted desktop display, game crashing vga without the radeon installed but have same problem have disconnected all usb devices but no change have tried other hdds with xp pro o s and still have the problem this makes me think its a hardware problem mobo perhaps have checked forums but no help anyone have any idea any help would be appreciated its got me baffled the worst symptoms are when trying to start games and these games are old and according to their requirements this system is well above the recommended they recommend pentium or above thats how old they are lol oh and I have a superfast modern pc but this one was the first I built so it has sentimental value hence not keen on scrapping nbsp

A:Corrupted desktop display, game crashing

1st 3 lines lead me to believe currupt grapics card might be wrong but desc top games etc all use graphics..
I do think its got something to do with graphics I could be totally wrong but seams very strange how mainly problem is when starting games. or maybe psu could be faulty and now supllying enough power lets see what the real tech guys say

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/corrupted-desktop-display-game-crashing.193672/
Relevancy 29.24%

I recently downloaded the latest Skype for Android to my Motorola Droid M smartphone. When I make a Video Call on Skype there is no option for a Speaker option so I can only hear via the phone earpiece. I have tried using earbuds but the sound can not be heard. I couldn't find any help on the Skype site and others appear to have the same issue. Does anyone know how I can "fix" this myself or how you actually speak with Skype Support?
Thank you,

A:Motorola Droid M and Skype Video Speaker option

Post this question here: http://community.skype.com/t5/English/ct-p/English?profile.language=en.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motorola-droid-m-and-skype-video-speaker-option.193707/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi all I put another thread up yesterday as when I plug laptop in to external monitor the colour goes red and blue but only this week it started it has been fine up till now.

but now I noticed I go on to desk top and try to do anything and it freezes so I decided to use the onboard factory format that was at 6pm yesterday and its still only on 64% and its now be running 16 hours something seriously wrong is it ram hard drive or cpu .. all help appreciated

A:Laptop freezing and taking 1-day to format

Can anyone help please.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-freezing-and-taking-1-day-to-format.193104/
Relevancy 18.06%

I m running the latest version of Firefox along Firefox The it Rolling Stones,"Paint Does Black"..Literally! with the extensions quot Video Download Helper quot amp quot NoScript quot This is on a G IGP Intel board w GBs of system RAM After perhaps tabs are open FF will black out when scrolling black out tabs or entire window sets and finally crash My other quot art collector machine quot P- GBs of DDR same browser but only quot NoScript quot Firefox Does The Rolling Stones,"Paint it Black"..Literally! will open literally hundreds without complaint Although at some point I suppose Firefox does simply get grossed out and exits Anyway the color value of pure black is So it seems to me that Firefox Does The Rolling Stones,"Paint it Black"..Literally! a some point the color management can no longer retain the color information necessary and the registers go to zero So my guess is it s acting like it s running out of Vram Yes there s a question in here somewhere Have any of you experienced this Or do any of you think a discreet graphics card might help Or perhaps more importantly do any of you agree or disagree with my diagnosis nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/firefox-does-the-rolling-stones-paint-it-black-literally.192696/
Relevancy 22.79%

I have a Toshiba Satellite L505-GS6000 and was looking to upgrade my ram so my computer would run faster. one reason I am doing this is an online game I used to play all the time wont play very well, the fps is good but after about 4 mins of playing the game starts freezing every 4-5 seconds. my question however is while looking for ram to put in my computer I found a Corsair 8GB PC8500 DDR3 1066Mhz SODIMM Memory - 2x4096MB or Patriot PSD316G1333SK Signature Laptop Memory Kit - 16GB (2 x 8GB), PC3-10600, DDR3-1333MHz, 1.5V, CL9, Non-ECC, Unbuffered. I wasnt sure which would be better for my laptop an give it the best speed. also what does the Unbuffered mean? I was also wanting to make sure the Ram memory kits would fit in my laptop. Thanks

A:Could my RAM cause my games to keep freezing?

Where did you get that info? You might try http://www.crucial.com/systemscanner/
http://www.crucial.com/ Both same website.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/could-my-ram-cause-my-games-to-keep-freezing.184791/
Relevancy 27.52%

Hello Dear Friends,

My PC (Desktop Computer Windows XP Installed) is having some problems, I am not able to understand what it is. When I want to Power On this computer some times it is matured at the level of Window/Desktop, but it is automatically powered off at any time and a NUMLOCK Indicator shows on the Keyboard and if I want to Restart it the Power on Button does not work until I did not cut off the power supply for 30 Seconds to 1 Minute. Some time it can not be able to load the window and powered down in between the Boot Process and even I can not Reinstall the Windows due to this episode.
PLEASE HELP TO CLEAR THIS PROBLEM !!!!!!!!!!!!

A:Problem with computer powering off constantly

I've moved your thread to a more suitable sub-forum given your problem. I've also retitled it as well.

From what you've said, it sounds like the issue is actually your power supply. How old is the computer, and what are the spec's of it?

Please also note that typing in capitals is considered shouting -- I realise you don't mean this, but just pointing it out.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-with-computer-powering-off-constantly.184574/
Relevancy 22.79%

My tower is barley a month old and is already having carshing and restarting issues when im playing games basicly I can be playing a game for like 10 mins then it will crash and restart. As its such a new tower im guessing graphics card psu. Heres the whole tower http://www.aria.co.uk/SuperSpecials...rebones+Kit+w/+3+FREE+Games!+?productId=50872

im not sure of the graphics card as its borrowed I know its a Gforce of some description.

The game im playing is dirt showdown its a driving game.

I should add its a 2gb graphics card and the towers not over heating so my guess is psu

A:Computer crashing/restarting when playing games

Hi, You should find out what Graphic card you have, and download the correct driver for it.
A clue is that you say it crashes when playing games, but does it crash if you open 'Computer' screen, or say 'Notepad'?
If you just booted the pc and did nothing, just left it on the Desktop screen, would it crash then? ( No, I am guessing.)
So if you can uninstall your current graphic card driver, that's, 'Device manager' ,Look for 'Display adapters',
Click on the tiny arrow to the left of the word 'Display adapters'.
Right click on the name of your card.
Then, 'Properties', 'Driver' tab, 'uninstall driver'.
Reboot the pc, let Windows install a generic driver. (Just wait , it will happen and notify you near the taskbar.)
Go to the Nvidia website, choose 'Support', then 'Download drivers' then 'Option 2' Automatically detect card.
That should find the correct driver for your card.
If it does not, then in your 'Search for files and folders' box, type 'dxdiag'. In the display tab you will see the type of card you have. Go back to the Nvidia site and search for it manually. Get the correct version 32 or 64 bit.
If your problem is the wrong driver, it should now be fixed. If it's the PSU overheating, then you will need to upgrade it.
Hope this makes sense.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-crashing-restarting-when-playing-games.184067/
Relevancy 23.22%

1. screen freezes.
2. Screen corruption - blurry lines
3. screen refreshes and system can be used again.
4. ATI Catalyst Centre informs me there has been a crash and an error report will be sent.
5. Graphics are really slow (moving a window across the screen is done in jagged slow movements instead of one quick smooth motion for example).
6. We reboot to get the system back to normal state

Please tell me how to fix this.

A:Radeon 9200 card crashing

Laptop or desktop computer?( Post your system specs in order for someone to help you). Here are three things it could be. 1. It could be a heat issue. 2. Update the drivers. 3. card is going bad. Hang in there someone else might have some suggestion to help you to.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/radeon-9200-card-crashing.182773/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hi I posted a thread in quot viruses malwar quot After running a some all coming at slow, not running freezing, Computer up games check on the computer they saw nothing malicious suggested it is a hardware problem and suggested I post something here When I restarted my computer the other day Windows loaded normally boot time was seconds However when I clicked on the icon for Google Chrome nothing happened I tried others and the same thing I was sitting there thinking I may have picked up a virus and Google Chrome opened I discovered that it just took awhile for the programs to open so I updated and ran SE and MWB then did a disc cleanup The computer was fine The next evening I turned the computer on and the same thing happened So I repeated the process Since then the programs are sluggish to open and some of the games I play won t open at all I have Windows and have only had the computer since Sept Oct of I am not great with computers but have cleaned a computer in the past through TechSpot so I can follow instructions Any ideas nbsp

A:Computer running slow, freezing, some games not coming up at all

well the first step is making sure you dont have a ton of programs running in the system tray (next to the clock.).
If you could click the windows button, right click computer, click properties, and tell us what is written down in system, it would give us a better idea of the caliber of PC we are talking about here.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-running-slow-freezing-some-games-not-coming-up-at-all.182116/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hello, First of all thanks to anyone who can help.

Here is my problem: I just built my brother his computer for Xmas and everything is brand new and the computer is "working". Yet every time I start a game or try to get the system rating the comp either freezes, restarts, or blue screens. I've updated the video card half a dozen times and It says that it is updated yet problems still occur.

Here are the specs

OS- Windows 7 64bit
Video card- AMD Radeon HD 6900
Processor- AMD 6 core 6100
Motherboard- 990FX Sabertooth
Ram- 8gs
Power- antec 900w
HD- 2 terabyte

A:Drivers are updated, but PC keeps freezing

Although that processor is supported by the motherboard, it's possible that the BIOS is an older version, pre-FX.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/drivers-are-updated-but-pc-keeps-freezing.175072/
Relevancy 19.35%

I have a sony vaio VGN nw350f that keeps freezing while playing online videos and games. When it freezes the sound will keep playing but at a slower, louder, more annoying speed. Sometimes when I restart or turn on the laptop after shutting it off it will tell me "Operating system not found" or just blink _ at me. Don't know if these symptoms are related.

I tried downloading both intel and sony display drivers where at first I was able to install, now when I try to install any of the drivers it says I don't have the right drivers for the right OS.

edit: I have already restored the HDD to factory default.

A:"Operating system not found" and freezing while playing videos

http://esupport.sony.com/perl/model-home.pl?mdl=VGN-NW350F/B

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/operating-system-not-found-and-freezing-while-playing-videos.174799/
Relevancy 22.79%

Good evening all,

my friend has an old Advent 7110 laptop and is experiencing a couple of problems with it, mainly this one, described in his own words: "lappy keeps crashing but not in a turny-offy way, the screen goes all liney and freezes then when you turn it off and on again the fan runs but it doesn't boot" - it does this while plugged in or not.

He originally asked me about graphics cards, thinking it might be something to do with that, but it sounds more like a processor or power issue to me, has anyone got any ideas??

Thank you,
Jess

A:Laptop crashing out, could this be the graphic card or processor?

Sounds like a damaged video cable from the LCD to the motherboard...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-crashing-out-could-this-be-the-graphic-card-or-processor.173751/
Relevancy 20.21%

I can't connect to MSN, AIM,nor can I open the launchers for some MMOs I play (though I can get into them if I launch the .exe file). I can connect to Steam and talk to people but I can't use the browser aspect of it. Firefox says it's a proxy issue, but I'm not too software savvy and don't really know what to do with this. It seems to be anything browser-related. I haven't installed anything new and I ran a few scans for viruses, malware, etc, and did a few other things I usually do to remedy connection issues (disabling firewall, power cycling modem/router, etc) to no avail. Does anyone know how to fix this?

A:Can't connect to Internet Explorer, Firefox, Steam, etc.

What are your computers complete specs? What version of Windows are you running? What kind of Internet service do you have? Cable? DSL?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-connect-to-internet-explorer-firefox-steam-etc.173927/
Relevancy 27.09%

I have a wireless Toshiba latpop years old running Windows that I have been connecting with at my college for a year and a half with no problems This same laptop connects to my Fios wireless at home with no problems My trouble started weeks ago and I have been trying to solve this problem ever since day and night Ugh Start computer - I see their college network I chose it to connect or sometimes the checkmark is there to chose not constantly Default dropping / available, network gateway Internet automatically It will not connect I get the yellow triagle with words limited connectivity no internet access If I use the troubleshooter I get no default gateway It is fixed I sign in on their log Default gateway not available, constantly dropping Internet / network in page and within seconds it drops me every time I mean everytime Not just sometimes --I have spoken with their local IT people to no avail -- uninstalled any programs that I put in in the past months -- uninstalled my firewall --shut off windows firewall --reinstalled my Realtek Nic card with or different versions rolling upgrading and Default gateway not available, constantly dropping Internet / network installing brand new one from net --unchecked power save on the Nic card -- flushed the dns cache -- ipconfig release renew -- ran the troubleshooter at least times -- repair install of windows -- ran antivirus program malware programs all clean -- added all windows updates although most had been in anyway --registry cleaner of them --checked with IT that my log in is correct and not blocked --deleted all networks and setting up connection to college and fios again -- unchecking IPV on the Nic card plus many other tries that I can t remember Several of the above do give me a temporary connection to the network but it drops in seconds everytime I cannot get on the network without the troubleshooter then I get seconds and I am off Please help I have asked everyone I know Someone here has to know what to do Thank you FYI I spoke to sort of a network adminstrator today at the college He said he has heard of this problem from about other people and coincidentally we all have Toshiba laptops Anybody with a Toshiba laptop having this problem I was working fine on their network and now I cannot get on or stay on What could they have changed at their end that my laptop doesn t like I don t know these things nbsp

A:Default gateway not available, constantly dropping Internet / network

try a different wlan driver. or try a completely different wlan pci-e card in your laptop. boot off of a ubuntu disk and see if you can connect to the network stably from there.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/default-gateway-not-available-constantly-dropping-internet-network.172526/
Relevancy 29.24%

Hi I m posting this for a friend He s had a very unfortunate history with his headsets He has had multiple headets on multiple different computers and he s had trouble with all of them His problem is that while he also AND voice output, echo hears audience Skype was in skype we his friends could hear not only him but also his own output and our own echo This has been a very very strange thing because he has disabled every sound device yes also stereo mix but his mic and he turned his volume way down The echo problem is the worst when he unmutes his mic and then slowly gets less with time but the output problem always remains He has had this problem with out of headsets one of which was the same as I had at the time while I had no trouble at all He has always used stereo jack headsets His current headset Razer Carcharias If anybody Skype audience hears voice AND output, also echo would assist with this issue it would be much appreciated Marty Skype audience hears voice AND output, also echo nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/skype-audience-hears-voice-and-output-also-echo.171853/
Relevancy 23.65%

intel i7 920
6GB RAM
windows 7 home premium 64 bit
MSI x58 platinum motherboard
nvidia GTX 260 graphics
750w power supply

got my system being fixed by a professional, but we're stuck right now trying to find a solution to my problem. The system is fine with 4GB in any slot, but when the third stick is put in, the system crashes.

A:System crashing with 6GB RAM, fine with 4GB

What does the motherboard manual say about a 6 gig configuration? Was the BIOS updated?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/system-crashing-with-6gb-ram-fine-with-4gb.170600/
Relevancy 23.22%

New Build Patriot Gamer Series GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Desktop Memory EVGA -P - -AR GeForce GTX Fermi MB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Intel Core crashing during New pics build gaming, i - Bloomfield GHz LGA W Quad-Core Processor EVGA X FTW -GT-E -TR LGA Intel X SATA New build crashing during gaming, pics Gb s USB ATX Intel Motherboard Rosewill Green Series RG -S W Continuous C PLUS Certified Single V New build crashing during gaming, pics Rail Active PFC Corsair SSD GB Sata New build crashing during gaming, pics FORCE PROBLEM Crashes during games to put it into perspective it wont crash on HL on full res full graphics doesn t put much stress on hardware If I run Obliv on any resolution above x or w e it is it crashes almost instantly freezing up the computer and rebooting the whole system with the obnoxious lingering noise from the game Occasionally the fans sound like they went on overdrive when it crashes but its uncommon After I threw it all together assuming I did it right I ve done it before updated my Motherboard Drivers GFX drivers and Got windows up to date I noticed it ran fine The temps seemed all Average i hope Heres a running of speed fan idling http imageshack us photo my-images computerspeed png vs ingame http imageshack us photo my-images pcspeed png as far as I can tell none of those numbers are bad that reading is obviously wrong for the ssd i switched it with another HD just to check and it still crashed during games these are probably useless pics but still if you can see any obvious discrepancies that i wouldn t http imageshack us photo my-images mediaimag g jpg http imageshack us photo my-images mediaimag jpg http imageshack us photo my-images mediaimag jpg Thank You Any help would be great I don t want to feed money to the geek squad nbsp

A:New build crashing during gaming, pics

Try running Memtest86+ on your memory modules and check if they're alright. More likely it's the PSU that is faulty.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-build-crashing-during-gaming-pics.170744/
Relevancy 27.52%

This problem started yesterday, and as far as I know, I haven't changed anything on my laptop to warrant it.

I have an HP laptop running windows 7, about a 1 1/2 yrs old. My internet is being interrupted every 3-5 minutes, and it won't fix until I dis/reconnect or troubleshoot. This has happened both at mine and my girlfriend's house, on a Belkin and Netgear router. As far as I know, my xbox and desktop are not affected.

I have tried to renew IP in cmd, but it is "unable to contact DHCP server." I tried changing my router's channel, but it didn't fix. I scanned my pc with Avast, no viruses found.

This is driving me crazy.

A:Internet constantly 'interrupted', but not losing connection?

So looks like you're having issues w/ your wireless adapter. Have you tried uninstalling it from Device Manager, then restart Windows and let it detect and reinstalling the drivers? Or updating the drivers, if newer ones are available?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/internet-constantly-interrupted-but-not-losing-connection.170196/
Relevancy 27.52%

I ve moved into college and to help get faster and more reliable internet speeds I m connecting through Ethernet but I ve been having problems so far Initially constantly network Ethernet out goes card when I plugged Ethernet network card constantly goes out in the Ethernet cord it would not recognize it at all After a lot of fiddling around with it and resetting my computer it got it to recognize but a little bit later I tried to get on and it wasn t connected Ethernet network card constantly goes out anymore I checked my Adapter settings and it didn t list the LAN adapter It also wasn t in Device Manager Now it s constantly going in and out If I m on the Device Manager screen it will constantly refresh showing and then hiding the Controller If I click on properties for it the general info will show quot Currently this hardware device is not connected to the computer Code To fix this problem reconnect this hardware device to the computer quot And then within a few seconds will change to quot No drivers installed for this device quot It will occasionally go to quot This device is working properly quot but that s rare And will just constantly go back and forth between them I ve tried updating the drivers but it says they are up to date Info about computer My LAN controller is quot Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller quot My computer is a HP Pavilion dv - dx running Windows The computer has Wimax installed and it seems to think my Wimax controller is an Ethernet controller not sure if this is part of the problem nbsp

A:Ethernet network card constantly goes out

get your install CD and run sfc /scannow to verify system contents.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ethernet-network-card-constantly-goes-out.169934/
Relevancy 22.36%

Gateway GM e Windows Vista Home freezing and Mouse mode safe in of out Premium Intel Core E dual core processor Installed MB DDR MHz PC - dual channel memory GB RPM SATA II hard drive All appears normal but after touching the mouse the problems are apparent The mouse freezes all over the screen I have to do a large sweep and then tiny micro-movements to select and icon The programs load super slow and the mouse is skipping all over the screen When the Pc is turned on the gateway screen is on for over a minute then the monitor turns off and then back on the loading bar pauses many times as it starts up It eventually loads but then the mouse doesn t move The pc makes a grinding clicking sound when the mouse moves but then the mouse freezes and the noise stops I am at a loss for words I have been through a lot with this pc from last month when it stopped turning on It has come a long way and I feel like it am almost done but something isn t right I am hoping it is not the motherboard but I cannot think of anything else it could be These are the steps i have taken to fix my pc Checked PC to make sure drivers were up to date Defragged the hard-drive registry cleaner Removed all dust replaced thermal paste on cpu Did a recovery that formatted the hard drive and reinstalled the OS Installed Antec PSU Replaced CPU Fan Opened safemode and mouse still freezes It seems that as soon as the Pc starts the problem is already at work It all started after I install some phone software but after the format I would think if it was a software issue it would have been resolved Thanks for any help you can Mouse freezing in and out of safe mode offer nbsp

A:Mouse freezing in and out of safe mode

First I would advise you never use a registry cleaner unless you know exactly what it is removing, they can do more harm than good.

My first thought is that your hard drive may be failing so please follow this guide to run the manufacturer's diagnostics.

Identify the make of your hard drive and then use one of the links below to get the manufacturers diagnostic for ISO CD. Burn the image file to a CD, boot the PC with the disc in the drive and run the diagnostics. You first need to set the CD drive to 1st in the boot order in the Bios setup.

If you do not have an image burner use this free software to make the CD.

http://www.isoimageburner.com/

ExcelStor: http://www.excelstor.com/eng/support.php?sub_id=3

Hitachi/IBM: http://www.hitachigst.com/support/downloads/

Samsung: http://www.samsung.com/global/business/hdd/support/downloads/support_in_es.html

Seagate, Maxtor & Quantum:http://www.seagate.com/www/en-us/support/downloads

Western Digital:http://support.wdc.com/product/download.asp?lang=en

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Toshiba Fujitsu: http://sdd.toshiba.com/main.aspx?Path=SoftwareUtilities#diagnostic

If you have a Toshiba hard drive I would suggest the use of the diagnostics from the Seagate link as this will work on all makes of drive and on any OS.Click to expand...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mouse-freezing-in-and-out-of-safe-mode.168912/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hello,

My Dell inspiron e1505 laptop crashes and shows a black screen whenever I watch a video online on fullscreen for a few minutes. It is still running but stops responding completely and I have to force shutdown and restart and redo what I was doing. This problem also happens when I am talking on skype with videos on and also when I am on a website that has lots of animation or requires constant use of adobe flash player. I am guessing this to be a graphic card problem inside the laptop but I am not sure.

Any and all help will be greatly appreciated!!!
Thank you.

A:Laptop crashing when watching video on fullscreen

How much RAM dose the laptop have?

You may need to reinstall windows OS have you tried this or are you capable of doing this?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-crashing-when-watching-video-on-fullscreen.168878/
Relevancy 46.01%

GPU ATI Radeon HD CPU AMD Phenom II x ghz Ram gb DDR It all began when I was playing WoW today At first the game would freeze for roughly - secs then the screen would black out twice I mention twice because is crashing, Freezing, I etc GPU broken? think my it seems that there is two shades of black The I think my GPU is broken? Freezing, crashing, etc initial blackout is not completely black but has a slight contrast tint to it This issue occurred in intervals of about secs apart At one point the graphics err went -bit I think my GPU is broken? Freezing, crashing, etc It reminded me of what would happen when a game cartridge for the older consoles like snes went nuts I took a screenshot of it http img imageshack us i gpuproblem jpg After this i decided to completely exit wow and began loading this screenshot up but my computer froze It also froze completely at one point during the game and did not blackout But that was only once I also got some brief message from my taskbar about quot AMD recovery successful quot or something along those lines I began to suspect it was the processor I m leaning towards the GPU I ll run some more diagnostic tests with MW at the moment and see if this problem would persist Could this issue be the same as the ones from Newegg s reviews for this gpU I Remember reading the reviews as I was about to purchase this card and there were a few posts about their gpu not working properly with wow EDIT After running mins of mw there were no problems However when I would stream a video the similar issue arises After the blackout this is the message quot Display Driver AMD driver stopped responding and has successfully recovered quot nbsp

A:I think my GPU is broken? Freezing, crashing, etc

imo i would try this first try using a program like driversweeper and remove all AMD display drivers then just download the newest drivers for your card and install. Also note that lowering the clock speeds of the card in ati overdrive may help to as well as increasing the fan speed of the video card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-think-my-gpu-is-broken-freezing-crashing-etc.161164/
Relevancy 23.22%

Video Card Nvidia GS GB Games crashing 8800 with GS GeForce RAM MSI Motherboard has been working like this perfectly for years now About a month ago I would try to play a game that I had been playing for Games crashing with GeForce 8800 GS months already but tit would just crash on the loading screen I ran DXDiag and tried Direct D At first it would freeze at Direct test Then it would freeze at the Direct test So later on this problem would persist with avi s Games crashing with GeForce 8800 GS youtube videos but not MPEGs really didn t help my current video editing problem but that s another story Today I had the time to try to find out the problem I changed the hardware acceleration Games crashing with GeForce 8800 GS all the way down and uncechked the little box under it I would get an Nvidia message saying that I need to have it at full After restarts I just disabled the Video Card This made the computer switch to use the Integrated Graphics I then downloaded the drivers for my graphics card installed and restarted I couldn t find out where to switch back to the Video Card instead of the integrated graphics So all I did was disable the Integrated graphics from the desktop restarted and got no video but I woul d get audio I tried running the BIOS and selecting the PCI-E save and quit but still black screen I then tried to switch to the integrated graphics still a black screen So then I removed the grpahics card re-attached the monitor to the integrated graphics instead still no luck Black screen again Then I popped in the video card plugged monitor to video card no luck again Even did the BIOS things again Black Screen after Windows XP loading sign Any solutions This is pretty urgent nbsp

A:Games crashing with GeForce 8800 GS

Press F8 like a mad man when splash screen comes up. You will get a list of options including safe mode. Select the option that says "enable low resolution" once windows loads, select the proper resolution.

Hope it works!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/games-crashing-with-geforce-8800-gs.165687/
Relevancy 22.36%

It used to be only when I played CSS, but I was just on youtube.com today and went the bathroom, came back, and it was frozen. When it's frozen its a gray screen, I cant press crtl alt delete, i have to hold the power button down for about 10 seconds. I tried to clean out my vent because someone said the video card may be overheating? yeah... cant get the back of my laptop off to do that... Anyways, any help please?
Oh and I remember this started happening about the time i installed google chrome if that has anything to do with this.. prob not but its a try lol..
kk please and thankyou.

A:Computer keeps freezing to gray screen

I'm going to close this thread as you have another one identical in the correct forum already. It'll only confuse replies otherwise.

For anyone reading this, the post you can read and reply to is here: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic164467.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-keeps-freezing-to-gray-screen.164466/
Relevancy 14.62%

Hello guys......I need your help....I have sony vaio vgn-fs515b and after installing windows 7 i was updating its bios......!!!!

Everything was working fine but in between a blue screen came. It said that your system is shutting down due to some problem and at the end it said:

"Dumping physical memory".

When i restarted my laptop all the light were on but nothing came on screen. I don't know what to do.......Please help me........!!!!

I know this happened because of incomplete upgradation of bios but what should i do not?

A:Sony Vaio VGN-FS515b doesn't start after BSOD

The motherboards bios is corrupt. You may be able to correct this if you can pull the CMOS battery and reconnect it. Otherwise the motherboard will have to be replaced

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sony-vaio-vgn-fs515b-doesnt-start-after-bsod.162562/
Relevancy 27.52%

Having connectivity issues constantly. I have a 2wire wirless router bridge with a netgear router on the other side of the house. The problem had been occuring prior to bridging.

Log file attached does anyone spot anything suspicious?

Thanks in advance for any responses.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/connectivity-issues-constantly-w-dsl-modem.161765/
Relevancy 21.93%

Can anyone please help me fix the problem shown in the screenshot below? My screen starts to pixelate with strange colours, then eventually freezes. I've had a message pop up saying my display driver has stopped working, and has been resolved as well. All my drivers are up to date and my OS is Vista. Please say this can be fixed easily...I'm not the most technical person on the planet!

A:Screen pixelating when scrolling, then freezing. Screenshot included

Are you using a separate GPU or onboard VGA?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/screen-pixelating-when-scrolling-then-freezing-screenshot-included.161138/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hello all,
I have been grappling with my first home build for about two days now, everything seems to work beautifully except the system keeps freezing up entirely, only way to recover is to reset.I would think it was a windows issue except that the first time it happened was when I was working in the BIOS, before I installed windows. Upping the NB voltage from factory 1.1 setting to 1.2 seems to reduce frequency but not fix. Specs are below, thanks for any insight!

AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE 3.4 OC'd to 3.5
ASrock 870 Extreme 3 6gb/s USB 3.0
G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600
WD 1TB Caviar Black 7200 RPM 6gb/s
Sapphire Radeon HD5770 (Juniper XT) 1GB PCIE 2.0
LG 10X Blu-ray
XION Gold series 90+ 700W PSU

A:New/first build having problems with freezing

Have a look in Event Viewer and see what it reports for the crashes.

When you say the first time it frooze was before you installed windows, this suggests a hardware error.

This will most likely be the RAM or your graphics card.

Try running without the graphics card (if you have onboard graphics to use) and also try running with just one memory stick then swap to the other if no better.

I appreciate all your components are probably new but even some new stuff is faulty.

What OS are you using.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-first-build-having-problems-with-freezing.161085/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hello,

I have an Acer Aspire 3050 which is about 4 years old now. I use XP.

As of September I started getting a lot of probelms.

1) computer would work fine but after about forty minutes just start crawling, now it just takes long to do anything
2)opening applications takes forever
3)the pop-ups when right clicking takes forever
4)everytime i restart my computer I have to go into to services to turn sound on
5)every other time or so i restart my computer I get a message similiar to this: "Windows Host Processor 32" something like that
6)i started a disk cleanup 10 hours ago and its not even half done

I have done multiple scans and there are no malwares, spywares, viruses, etc. I use AVG free, Error Fix, Super Anti-Spyware.

I am not a very computer literate, so if someone can help me out, that would be great!

A:Extremely slow, always crashing laptop

Slow PC

Hi, A few things you could look at. Do you have much empty space left on the 'C' drive? It's possible after 4 years that it's almost filled with files.
Can you clear out any big files you don't need any more or move them to DVD or to another hard drive? (eg video files)
Have you 'defragmented' the 'C' drive lately? You will need about 10% or more hard drive space to be able to defrag 'C' in a reasonable time.
You can use the Microsoft defragmenter that is in 'Accessories', 'System tools',
but a much faster and more effective one I use, can be downloaded from www.auslogics.com then 'products' tab, then 'disk defrag' or copy and paste this link into your web browser, http://www.auslogics.com/en/software/disk-defrag/download/ After you have installed it, use the option 'Defrag and optimise'.
You should notice a difference in your pc's speed generally.
Also download and try 'CCleaner' from www.piriform.com Install it and run it exactly as it is, don't tick all the unticked boxes, it's set up for most users from the word 'go'. I use this one almost daily. Hope this helps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/extremely-slow-always-crashing-laptop.158058/
Relevancy 14.62%

On one rig I got GTS mb and it works flawlesslly However on another machine I got GTS Not 'oh really. so you GTS it crashes, BSOD, Gainward 250 name freezes... great'? gb which Gainward GTS 250 'oh so great'? Not really. BSOD, crashes, freezes... you name it earned the quot Piece Gainward GTS 250 'oh so great'? Not really. BSOD, crashes, freezes... you name it of sh t quot sticker The issues are usual for the gb model blue Gainward GTS 250 'oh so great'? Not really. BSOD, crashes, freezes... you name it screen restart games freeze crash audio loops inifinitely strange psychodelic colorful lines swarm the monitor cubes of various colors do the same And yes it happens in many games and to many people at least according to what I ve found browsing forums As with other people in my case too the issues happen with Bad Company Assassin s creed GTA etc It appears that the problem is with the nV drivers I ve found somewhere that installing a much older version of nVidia graphic drivers solves the issue but I d rather search for help on what to I ve updated BIOS Chipset Audio Lan DirectX nVidia GPU driver is Event Source nv Event ID Minidump files are bellow The error in the Event Viewer appeared on July th EDIT Forgot to mention tha powa is Thermaltek w Forward thanks Kreinzer nbsp

A:Gainward GTS 250 'oh so great'? Not really. BSOD, crashes, freezes... you name it

If its the 1gb model, just use a 512, you get like .01% less performance. And you could just update to the latest drivers, maybe Nvidia has since fixed the issues.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gainward-gts-250-oh-so-great-not-really-bsod-crashes-freezes-you-name-it.150050/
Relevancy 23.22%

hello i have a new acer aspire 5552 laptop computer that keeps crashing. despite the fact that i have paretologic pc health advisor installed on it. i keep scanning and fixing but it doesn't seem to work out. Please can some one help me PLZZZZ B4 I BRAKE MY COMPUTER!!!!!!!!!!!!

A:One month old Acer computer keeps crashing

If it's only a month old and continually crashes, I would be taking it back under warranty, get a replacement. But, does it crash as soon as you are into Windows desktop, or when you open a certain program, or when you try to get on the net?
Does it do the same thing every time, or does it run well sometimes? You can't go checking inside for faulty parts, or your warranty will be void. Tricky.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/one-month-old-acer-computer-keeps-crashing.158065/
Relevancy 27.09%

Dear All member of Techspot and moderators.

Recently, My computer is starting change time and dates
1st day before Normal computer use: work, homework, play, Yehhh! <expression>
2nd day, when I turn on the computer, it show me today is "March 13, 2014. 3PM"
Time and Date is wrong. I manually change correct time.
3rd day, the computer change its time and day again, fix it manually.
Basically I do 2nd and 3rd repeatly.

I researched about this problem: I might need change the battery.

However, I really want to know what is the most important thing to do before I replace the battery. Do I need back up all my saved data in computer ?
Also, what if I do not replace the battery ? I mean what is the worst situation.

From
neowing.

A:My computer constantly change time and date - question

Your bios setting will get reset, when you change the cmos batterry.

Take note of the setting, before changing the battery.

Your data on the harddrive will not be affected, by a battery change.

I always thought that a weak/dying battery caused reset to factory setting. March 2014 ??

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-computer-constantly-change-time-and-date-question.157832/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hey guys My name is Joey This is the first computer i some what built myself Lemme start with the specs ASUS Essentio CG -BP GB Serial ATA hard drive NVIDIA GeForce GT GB DDR PCI Express x graphics card Intel Core Quad Q GHz GB DDR The above specs are stock Ok so here is my story small and hardware spikes Startup adding new freezing after lag about weeks ago i installed a Asus GTX top video card and every thing ran fine but when i played a game called batman arkham asylum Startup freezing and small lag spikes after adding new hardware I would some times get a blue screen saying some thing about my hardware So i talked to a few friends and they suggested that it may be my power supply stock my pc comes with a w and my video card calls for w so hey it might be possible Sooo i ordered a corsair w power supply and i also ordered a arctic cooling heat sink and fan i figured there may have been a slight chance it was over heating Ok so great i installed both the power supply and the heatsink i added new arctic silver compound to my processor every thing went great First start up went great played batman for about a hour no blue screen I was very happy but at times i noticed i would lag when ever i opened a door odd i know but i could swear it never happened before and so about days ago out of the blue my computer is giving me problems starting up freezing at random point in the start up and even occasionally just idol at my desktop So i figured some how i got a virus downloading some thing so i just reformatted to windows vista ultimate x same OS i have all ways used and i am still getting the same problem I am just learning how to build computers and diagnose problems etc Some ones mentioned in previous threads to check your bios who was having a freezing problem I don t exactly know how to do that I did double check and my hard drive is plugged in properly and every thing please any input is great appreciated nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/startup-freezing-and-small-lag-spikes-after-adding-new-hardware.157392/
Relevancy 22.36%

I have a toshiba satellite and when i plug it in a few minutes later it will freeze. If i startup in safe mode it runs no problems. I tried using a different power adaptor same thing freezes after a few minutes don't know what is going on. I scanned for virus' and can't figure it out. Any help would be appreciated

A:Windows Vista freezing when plugged in

Try performing a system restore... Sounds like the Vista install is corrupt

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-vista-freezing-when-plugged-in.157184/
Relevancy 23.65%

HEy! i have a sony vaio VGN-S360 and at random times it will freeze and many times it wont even turn on. ive ran Memtest to check if it was due to ram or anything but got no errors. any suggestions?

A:Laptop keeps crashing

Have you checked in Device Manager for red marks or yellow exclamations?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-keeps-crashing.156542/
Relevancy 14.19%

Hello For the past two weeks my laptop has been beeping It doesn t beep when I first turn the computer on Once I m to the desktop it starts Vista Studio Dell 64 continuous a BSOD with beep and 1536 has to beep and it s VERY inconsistent It may beep every five minutes or every minutes Sometimes it beeps once and other times its beeped two Dell Studio 1536 with Vista 64 has a continuous beep and BSOD or three times fast And occasionally I get the BSOD saying something about quot dumping my physical memory quot On top of that when I load the computer I get an error saying that my Catalyst Control Centre is not working I just assumed all these things were connected A few months ago my hard drive died so I installed a new one I haven t had any issues until the issues I listed above all of which start just a few weeks ago Unfortunately my warranty has expired so Dell s support hasn t been much help So does this sound like the hard drive I installed is creating the issues Any advice is very helpful nbsp

A:Dell Studio 1536 with Vista 64 has a continuous beep and BSOD

Have you checked for crud in your keyboard... any cause for a sticking key, sticking space bar, etc.

Don't see how the hard drive could cause the problem.

Have you looked at all the Dell Beep Codes... They are posted elsewhere on this TechSpot forum... that could give you a starting point.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-studio-1536-with-vista-64-has-a-continuous-beep-and-bsod.154876/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hi guys Been recently having problems with my new couple typing of intermitanttly Laptop freezing seconds. Distrupting every laptop Please bear with me since it is very difficult to type at the moment and this message will probably take me a good mins to type since i have to deletee random keys i type since it types of one or none at all of a letter while i type due to freezing I am not illiiterate and do Laptop freezing intermitanttly every couple of seconds. Distrupting typing know how to use keyboard haha Anyways I would really apprrrciate if someone could help me with this since its ffrying my mind at the moment Basically the problem is computer is randomly freezing every - seconds for a split second resulting in mmaking typing and gaming really annoying The laptop i have is http uk computers toshiba-europe t Satellite-Pro-L - P toshibaShop I really dont want to reformat my computer which is the only thing i can think of to do at tthis moment There isnt really much else i can give in terms of the problem i dont think my laptop is overheating since it isnt hot at all neeeaar the fan i have fully scanned for viruss with AVG and spybot and theyyyhavnt helped Im really stuck with what i can do Can someone please help Immm thinking tthere is something running in the background resulting in this freezing It is a new computer and was working fine when i got it so im guessing it isnt hardware rellated Thks Dann nbsp

A:Laptop freezing intermitanttly every couple of seconds. Distrupting typing

Are you on Windows 7
Download Advanced System Care Free
Press the Care Button (this does it all automatically)
Did it find and fix your problem.

If not, remove download MSE from Microsoft and remove all Norton or other AV on your system. Do a full scan with MSE.
Did it fix your problem

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-freezing-intermitanttly-every-couple-of-seconds-distrupting-typing.153613/
Relevancy 14.62%

So i decided to fire up my brothers computer that he hasnt used for about 2 years and keep running into the bsod with the error about nvlddmkm.sys for my graphics card, the monitor is also blurred as in the colors are distorted and random colors will blurr to the right or the left of where they should be. I can get it to bootup once i go into safe mode and delete the nvlddmkm.sys but when i try and install the latest driver and reboot the same problem and same error pops up. Any advice on how to fix this error? And I was hoping that by installing the newest driver properly that perhaps the blurry screen will clear up, is that just wishfull thinking or could the blurry screen actually be fixed? The computer is running vista 64 with 4g ram and 750w psu. Thanks for the help guys.

A:BSOD video card 8800gtx error: nvlddmkm.sys

as you can imagine nvlddmkm.sys is part of the driver installation so simply deleting it will either cause errors or blue screens. there are a number of things that could be causing this to happen, such as corrupted files, a bad power supply, or even the card itself. the first thing i would advise is to do a clean installation of the display drivers, which requires you to use a piece of software such as Driver Sweeper to completely purge the associated driver files. once this is done, you can restart the computer and proceed to install the drivers normally.

if this fails, you may be looking at corruption in Vista itself or possibly with the motherboard chipset drivers. there's also a slim chance that you need to update DirectX software or frameworks for graphics-based software. if it comes down to having to test the actual hardware, there are limited options. the best way would be to test the card in another computer (preferably one with a different OS) and to test the power supply and RAM if you can. is there any reason in particular that the computer hasn't been used for a couple of years? there's always a possibility that your brother knew to replace something and never did

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-video-card-8800gtx-error-nvlddmkm-sys.151876/
Relevancy 27.52%

I've been having issues with my 128 GB Kingston USB drive. I can put information in it, but after 10-20 minutes, the information becomes unreadable. The same happens when I unplug the drive.

I've already reformatted it several times, and that didn't help the issue. It's a FAT32 drive, and cannot be reformatted to NTFS by either Windows or programs used to reformat drives. I've also tried using chkdsk and the error function in the Tools window, and neither of those work.

Can anyone help me stop it from corrupting my stuff? It's getting tiresome, and I don't want to have wasted money on it.

A:Kingston USB drive constantly corrupts info

Common with Kingston USB flash drives.
You might try one more format with FAT32... add some stuff, reformat. Add some stuff, reformat.
They can NEVER be formateed with NTFS
and if still bad, toss it out and get an ATV, Patriot, or Voyager, or other highly rated brand.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/kingston-usb-drive-constantly-corrupts-info.150778/
Relevancy 23.65%

Ok for the last few days my computer has been constantly crashing when ever I play a game for an hour or so or less at first i was sure it was my core over heating it was at 91*C :O.

So I stuck my house fan on my computer so it back down to 45*C... But im still crashing so I think it may be my graphics card. Is there any way to test if it is or not?.

Because it just crashes I dont get no blue screen or any information as to why I crashed.

A:Computer keeps crashing

What type of heatsink/fan do you have on the CPU? 91 is very hot for CPU even under load unless it's really overclocked.

Which video card do you have? Have you checked the temps on that?

Which operating system are you running?

Do you have all drivers up to date?

Does this happen with every game or just some?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-keeps-crashing.149718/
Relevancy 23.22%

my computer randomly crashes during any download process excluding web pages, it cannot be the ram as i have put new ram in , (yes it is supported i checked) and a new processor , this never occoured before my new processor but im not sure how it can be my processor its new? , any ideas people?

win 7 ultimate

ECS RS482-M (V1.0A)

socket 939 AMD athlon 64 x2 dual core 3800+ 2.00GHz

2gb of DDR-SD ram

Nvidia geforce 8400 GS

A:Computer crashing randomly during any download

Is it crashing like the programs are crashing or is it crashing like a blue screen or shutdown?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-crashing-randomly-during-any-download.150012/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hello I have built my own PC and i m pretty good with computers myself However lately i ve been experiencing a problem and its been freezing is computer My running great until a few weeks ago I have made no hardware changes since then except adding GB RAM My computer has frozen or times since then I m not sure if its heat or what really but heat is my best guess since i noticed some of my tempatures are unusally higher My computer is freezing than what they were My computer is freezing I have an Intel i GHz not OC With Elitegroup X B-A motherboard under the hood and an Watt Power supply with Nvidia Geforce GTX MFG by Gigabyte Currently have GB PNY DDR RAM x GB equipped with a case fan extra only The case fan runs at a lil less than RPMs which i d like to jack up CPUID Hardware Monitor is what i use to check my tempatures my CPU cores run between - degrees Celsuis idle now why i m not sure My GPU core will run from to celsuis i ve never seen it over as by the time it s i experience a freeze Possibly a GPU temp high However i have read up that is fine for this card to handle My best estimation is my Memory overheating however i have ran multiple memory tests and they experience no errors and I have done some CPU benchmarking stress testing and i ve seen my CPU reach degrees and still run fine Why I dunno because is very high so my CPU is high yes but not enough to cause a freeze Now i ve played music while freezing to see how it reacts its an instant sound replay of maybe seconds of sound dinging at me lol my My computer is freezing numlock doesn t react or my mouse ctrl alt delx will not reboot PC Keyboard totally unresponsive during a freeze Never had a BSOD though I play World of Warcraft btw When i play it for an hour or i ll freeze but earlier today i froze just booting up so i m thinking theres a problem I ve checked my system for viruses and whatnot nothing My hard drive is not even close to full I have a very nice system i should not be exerincing these freezes It happened ever since i got new sticks of PNY RAM I have them placed in the first slots of my MB they do get hot i must say i ve taken my case off and touched them yeah they are deffinitely hot My system gets air dusted out once a month at the least S it s not dusty at all very clean I can provide any screenshots or pictures of my computer you like just give me some advice here i ve done everything i know and still puzzled nbsp

A:My computer is freezing

Those idle temps are really high. I think your case isn't providing for much aurflow. What case are you using? Also, what are the ambient temperatures like?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-computer-is-freezing.149072/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hello all,

My sister's laptop, a Toshiba Satellite A 105 - S4084 keeps freezing. Sometimes it will boot fully, sometimes it will freeze on the welcome screen, etc.

I tried to run disk cleanup, and run a malware cleanup program, but it froze in the process of both.

Any suggestions on the next path to take?

Thanks!

A:Toshiba Satellite A105 freezing!

Do a hard drive and RAM test on the machine.. you will probably need to download something and put it on a CD to do these, I Suggest Hiren's Boot CD. Very helpful tool for testing hard ware on computers..

You will obviously need another computer(Working properly..) To download, and burn a copy so you can use it on the machine.

If you get Hiren's Boot CD, to test the ram go to "Dos Boot" then select Testing Tools, select RAM Test (#1), Mem Test(#1). Let it pass a few times, best to just leave it overnight to see if there are any errors..

For the Hard Drive test, select Hard Drive Tools, go to Hard Disc Sentinel, it will tell you the type of hard drive in the machine, then select the proper test for that hard drive. Do a long/extended test on it, and wait for results..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-satellite-a105-freezing.149309/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hi, my computer i built myself is freezing all the time.

The idle temps right now in the summer are:
Motherboard: 74 C
CPU: 70C
Aux: 40C
GPU: 43C
Hard drive: 40 C

Are these too high?

I have a Coolermaster 690 case with 1 120 mm fan on the bottom, one 120 mm fan on the back and 2 fans on top.

A:Freezing computer, too hot?

70C is your CPU idle temp?That's very high for idle. What's your load temps like?

Which CPU and which cooler?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/freezing-computer-too-hot.149188/
Relevancy 23.22%

I love playing computer games, and recently got the original Diablo. I installed it, and it wouldn't play right, so I tweaked the display settings so the game would come in clear. Well since I have done that every time I try playing a game my system crashes. I mean it completely shuts off. I am not at all dumb, but I do not know that much about computers(other than I love playing games on it, lol). I did uninstall a bunch of games thinking maybe my memory was full, but it didn't help.
I have an XP, Hp Pentium a1220n. If that helps. Is anyone willing to help me fix this? Iwould be very greatful! I am very good at following directions if anyone wants to know anything.

A:New gamer girl... who's system keeps crashing! :'(

That is a HP Pavilion a1220n. When you tweaked the video settings, you probably stressed your already weak video. You are using on-board video. You will need to install a good add-on video card so you can continue to love playing video games. You may also benefit from adding a better, stronger power supply too

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-gamer-girl-whos-system-keeps-crashing.148774/
Relevancy 22.36%

So i got my new Samsung hardrive today 500gb and ive been running 2 hardrives, 1 sata 80 gigabyte and a 160 IDE hardrive. So i plug in my new hardrive and get ready to move everything, but it wont get past the GIGABYTE screen logo and sometimes it will after 3-5 min of waiting and idk why. ? I need help on how to get this to stop, ive taken apart the entire computer, twice, and i ve tried everything.

A:BIOS freezing or unknown issue

So one old IDE, one small SATA, and one new SATA ?
Have you been able to format the Samsung hard drive?
Have you tried removing the two drives, and installing the Samsung, then formatting and installaing that Samsung using a version of Windows or other operating system?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bios-freezing-or-unknown-issue.148576/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hi guys this is my first post here PC freezing i have windows PC freezing a quadro computer PC freezing i believe it is model q or q something like that it has gb ram gb hard disk i have it over a year by old graphic card burned so i bought a new one and good one Geforce GTS Cuda its pretty good indeed because i play games like Call of Duty or World of Warcraft summer came and months ago PC freezing maximum i started noticing problems pc freezes while i play sometimes i wait for - min i press ALT CTRL DEL and then after - secs it unstucks i didnt pay much attention as it started happening more often then as it happened again in the future i noticed that pc crashed blue screen appeared and said something Collecting Memory dumb something like that soz cant say more details because it was happening for - secs maximum i installed a programma called HDD TEMPERATURE i felt like doint it blaming the heat the programma showed that the hard disk was at degrees celcious and showed the warning OVERHEAT maybe my problem is simple but wanted to discuss it with you guys all problems started from the ends of May i believe coz we have summer any ideas nbsp

A:PC freezing

Heat will do that. First thing to do is find the cause or replace the cooling fan and see what changes.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-freezing.148516/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hey folks I m having a remote desktop issue here that is driving me certifiably insane I m working on a PC running XP Pro SP that s part of a small office network We ll call this computer quot Janky quot I can connect to other computers on the network via remote desktop with no problem - Janky to Accounting Janky to RIPMachine I can even connect from Janky to my home computer which is running Windows The problem is that Janky won t accept any incoming remote desktop requests Well I guess he does but he won t complete the requests For example when I try to connect from HomePC to Janky I see the login screen and after a successful password entry all I see is a black screen I can quit the RDP application but now Janky is frozen and needs a hard reboot This same scenario occurs when I try to connect to Janky from a computer inside the office LAN as well - RIPMachine to Janky Accounting to Janky - you get the idea The router is already configured to forward port to Janky but that s not the issue if I can t connect to Janky from inside the LAN Besides the problem s not that I can t connect it s that RDP freezes every time I do with Pro freezing Desktop Remote XP SP3 issue I m at the end of my rope I ve disabled Remote Desktop freezing issue with XP Pro SP3 all quot extras quot I ve turned down all graphic effects and basically running it as bare-bones as possible Does anyone have any ideas about what to do Help nbsp

A:Remote Desktop freezing issue with XP Pro SP3

Are you on a domain or workgroup?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/remote-desktop-freezing-issue-with-xp-pro-sp3.148334/
Relevancy 14.62%

Hello everyone,

I just bought some Hardware to build a new computer from Scratch.

I bought:

1. Asus P5E3 Pro Motherboard (DDR3 RAM DIMMS)
2. PSU Coolmax CUL-750B 750W
3. 2x2GB OCZ OCZ3G10664GK R (DDR3 RAM)
4. VGA Card - ASUS ENGTS250/DI/512MD3
5. Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 2.66Ghz 1333

I installed Windows 7 x64bit OEM

I am having problems with BSOD (different ones not the same one every time)

I would like to know if its a compatibility Problem with My RAM and Motherboard or could it be something else. I am very bad with Hardware and I just bought parts that I knew could fit in theory.

BIOS is set to default because I don't know how to configure it (Probably thinking why did I buy parts instead of a built computer)

Could you please help?

A:Compatible RAM for Asus P5E3 Pro Motherboard (BSOD)

Your RAM isn't on Asus' memory QVL (Qualified Vendors List)-but that isn't to say that it's not supported.
Having your power supply checked might be an option if your graphics card seems to run slow or you are getting fluctuating performance.
Because OCZ memory modules lack what are called embedded XMP profiles, your motherboard will have difficulty assigning a setting for them so you will need to do it manually.
Download Memtest86+ from here http://www.memtest.org/#downiso
***under the Memtest86+ v4.00, select "Download -Pre-compiled bootable iso ", save and unzip if downloading the zip file then burn a BOOTABLE CD using ImgBurn or your usual burning software (Nero etc.).- this program runs at BIOS level
Download MemSet here http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/System-Info/MemSet.shtml
You can also download CPU-Z -it gives a much simplified version of the RAM timings but you can also access chipset and CPU info. download here http://www.cpuid.com/cpuz.php

First order of business would be ascertain whether the RAM modules are not defective.
I presume the RAM in question is OCZ's Gold XTC modules - if they are then you can try to manually select the timings- they should be on a sticker on the side of the RAM, which should be 7-7-7-21 ( CAS (or CL)-tRCD-tRP-tRAS) at 1.5 to 1.6 volts.
IF THIS IS NOT YOUR RAM THEN GO NO FURTHER, If it is then you need to set it in order to test it for stability.
Boot into your BIOS. Select the second tab "A.I.Tweaker"
Set PCIE Frequency to 100 (if not already set)
Set DRAM Frequency to DDR3-1066 (if not already set)
Set DRAM Command rate to 2T (if not already set)
Set DRAM Timing Control to Manual
Note the string of timings following "Pri.Information" on the next line-they should be the same as the settings you are about to input.
Set CAS# Frequency to 7 DRAM Clocks
Set RAS# to CAS# Delay to 7 DRAM Clocks
Set RAS# Precharge to 7 DRAM Clocks
Set RAS# Active time to 21 DRAM Clocks
leave the rest of the timings on Auto for now and move down the page until you get to..
DRAM Voltage ....type in 1.60
Hit F10 to save and exit
**If you can boot into windows then run Memset (NOT the Memtest86+ cd you burned!) and note -or better still get a screen capture of the timings (and include in your next post)-here is an example of one of my old screenshots-take no notice of the values but note that both modules SPD (A and B )values are shown-so expand the window.

** If you cannot load Windows then get back to the BIOS and revert settings by choosing Restore Defaults, F10 to save and exit. The likely cause will be insufficient MCH (Northbridge) voltage.
If Memset shows you the correct values and voltage then you can move on to testing.
Reboot and select CD as your first bootable drive
Insert your Memtest86+ bootable cd into the drive
Hit F10 to save and exit
Memtest86+ will boot automatically once the motherboard POST's. As it's a DOS program it is fairly straightforward -The test actually comprises 8 seperate tests. Once all 8 have run then your RAM has completed a "Pass" -for 4Gb a Pass takes around 20-30 minutes.
Run 7 (minimum) to 12 passes. If the testing shows no errors then stop the test at your leisure.
Return to your BIOS, change the boot order back to Harddrive (I assume)
Take the CD out of the drive
F10 to save and exit -congratulations your RAM is stable. The next step would be to stress test the CPU/RAM fo test for stability- but one thing at a time

If the test throws up errors then note the Number of the test and the error code- the test will continue if the errors are not to great. If the testing serquence stops then stop the test, reboot, change boot order, remove cd and F10.
The RAM could fail from either physical damage it has suffered or the timing (and sub-timings) are unstable. We can look into that if the need arises.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/compatible-ram-for-asus-p5e3-pro-motherboard-bsod.141038/
Relevancy 21.07%

This Toshiba Tecra S Laptop is a - years old with a Centrino M MHz cpu MIMO Belkin G freezing card Upgrade system via the now perpetually PCMCIA to ATI graphics and running XP Pro with SP I did a number of clean ups and tweaks and upgrades i e two gigs of PC and new harddrive The Upgrade to G MIMO via Belkin PCMCIA card now perpetually freezing the system wireless card is only a b which is slow So installed a Belkin G MIMO PCMCIA Card over a year ago and disabled the Intel wireless Did not use this laptop a lot Upgrade to G MIMO via Belkin PCMCIA card now perpetually freezing the system but my home is now wireless with a Access Point N connected via ethernet wire to my wired Linksys G Router In the begiing the Belkin connected to the full mbs and sometimes a little less But eventually it began to freeze my whole system Here are the cliff notes Never inserted the card until all drivers loaded Inserted card and let the firewall and antivirus do their job if not system froze Believing it might be the Avast and it s a real time protection and b attempts to update I temporarily paused the Avast This seemed to work but if I tried to connect too soon the Online Armor firewall would freeze So I learned to wait and then I could connect to internet The Belkin always found the AP but even then it could freeze and I couldn t open anything not even to shut-down unless I pressed the power button Sometimes I could get online for a bit but then it would freeze Came to find out one problem is that Windows would automatically switch from using the Belkin Utility back to it s own utility Even if I save to Belkin Utility it doesn t always stay After a lot of having to use the power button to shut down the system I decided to renable the Intel wireless and I can access at the blistering speed of mbs Anyone have any advice steps for me to be able to use the Belkin G only It works really well but it doesn t seemed to be liked by my system Can t figure out why it is freezing two weeks ago it was flying on a college campus unsecured WiFi yes I have since run malwarebytes and antivirus scan Thanks nbsp

A:Upgrade to G MIMO via Belkin PCMCIA card now perpetually freezing the system

Is that PCMICA red in color or blue in color on white? I use the red one Version 5 never game me any issues from Belkin. You might want to disable the Belkin wireless tool and use WZC from XP. That's what I had ended up using. Belkin one seems to freeze up more. So go into the Belkin tool and tell it you don't want it to manage the wireless but setup your wireless info and encryption into it and then tell it you want to use WZC. You could force it not to load also. Check services or Startup Manager. I won't recommend disabling any features of the PCMICA card. Though go into the BIOS and disable any onboard wireless though.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/upgrade-to-g-mimo-via-belkin-pcmcia-card-now-perpetually-freezing-the-system.147867/
Relevancy 22.36%

I just bought freezing new with Computer frequently components a bunch of new components for my Computer frequently freezing with new components computer CPU RAM Motherboard put them together and did a fresh re-installation of Windows XP However I ve come across some problems almost immediately the computer will either freeze or randomly restart itself Computer frequently freezing with new components every minutes or so I monitored the CPU temp It s running at around - C idle and - C under heavy load Seems like that s a little bit too cold I was considering slowing the fan speeds to see if that stopped the crashes but I decided not to go and mess around with that yet I haven t changed anything in the BIOS I m not using any over-clocking and I already installed all the drivers that came with the motherboard One of the times that it randomly restarted itself it had came up with an error saying quot A Hypertransport Sync Flood Error occured on the last boot quot That only happened once though Browsing through the internet I discovered that the likely cause of that error is insufficient voltage going to the RAM My RAM only requires V to run I left it as Auto in the BIOS Here are the hardware components I ve just installed Motherboard - quot MSI GM-E AM AMD G HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard quot RAM - quot CORSAIR XMS DHX GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model TW X G C DHX quot CPU - quot AMD Athlon II X Rana GHz x KB L Cache Socket AM W Triple-Core Desktop Processor quot So any thoughts on what might be the cause of the frequent freezing restarting nbsp

A:Computer frequently freezing with new components

Does the Auto set it at 1.5v? Go ahead and manually set your RAM to 1.5v because too often Auto doesn't necessarily set the voltage at the designed voltage specs for the memory.

Also, what is the make and wattage of your PSU?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-frequently-freezing-with-new-components.147718/
Relevancy 21.93%

I have a PC that was experiencing random freeze ups so I attempted a complete reinstall using the OEM image disks The strange thing is the PC would seem to freeze up at random points of freezing up XP install Windows solid Fresh in the install I figured it was a hardware issue so I laid the case on its side to inspect the hardware I removed the single RAM stick re-inserted it and tried the install again but left the computer on its side to look listen for any strange noises or smells The install completed without issue and I ran a PC stress test burn in to try and force a hardware issue to show After running the test for a few hours there were still no issues or errors reported After this I took the PC back to its original owner and set it up in the normal position to run the software updates To my surprise the machine locked up solid again I haven t attempted the software install with the PC in the laying down position but it would almost appear that the machine doesn t like to be standing up Has anyone ever seen this issue or heard of a PC that has problems when it is standing in the normal position Update PC ran fine for hours and installed updates without issue with it Fresh install of Windows XP freezing up solid laying on the side panel instead of standing up This thing has got me any ideas on what could be causing the machine to freeze when it is sitting in the normal upright position nbsp

A:Fresh install of Windows XP freezing up solid

Have you ran Memtest & a Hard Drive Diagnostic?

If that passes, then it may well be that the Motherboard is failing.

I'm pretty sure that the "Laying Down" bit is unrelated.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fresh-install-of-windows-xp-freezing-up-solid.147037/
Relevancy 22.36%

Starting Yesterday my laptop has been freezing after - minutes of operation This happens no matter if i am using it - freezing it my Laptop? Supply Is Power or it is just sitting idle Power Supply - Is it freezing my Laptop? When it freezes the Harddrive activity light goes out and all i can do is move the mouse cursor however clicking anything freezes this also and the only option is to power down by holding the power button obviously not something preferable Origionally i believed it was a problem with the HDD and once when it froze A blue screen appeared with the error kernel data inpage error and on starting up again i got the message no bootable media found I ran a diagnostic and it said there was no harddrive yet on another reboot it started up fine untill it froze minutes later However this morning i decided to start the laptop up without using the AC supply and only battery power and it operated perfectly for over an hour while being used but unfortunatly froze within minutes of being reconnected to the AC supply Could the supply be the cause of the freezing It is a Dell inspiron INTEL CORE DUO T GB RAM Running bit Windows Vista SP Any help would be much appreciated nbsp

A:Power Supply - Is it freezing my Laptop?

Usually a failing hard drive, or a corrupted install...
The symptoms you describe could have a number of causes, but I doubt the power supply is the problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/power-supply-is-it-freezing-my-laptop.146938/
Relevancy 22.36%

I just built this new box for gaming about 3-4 days ago, had all the parts shipped in from newegg.com and have been having problems with random freezes. No BSOD's at all, just freezing of the screen, no mouse movements, and I cant even turn numlock off on the keyboard. I have ran memtest, HD tests, virus scans, spyware scans, and have checked the temps of the CPU GPU and MB. All temps are normal (CPU avg. 25-30 degrees Celcius at idle, GPU 50-55 degrees Celcius at idle, and MB 18-25 degrees Celcius at idle). I cant seem to figure out the problem. Any input would be appreciated.

Also occassionally playing WoW, my keyboard and mouse acts like it gets unplugged and plugged back in from time to time. Mouse is plugged into hub on keyboard.

Thanks.

A:New Build PC Freezing Randomly

What is the make and model of your video card and did you update the drivers? If not try the following steps:

1. Download Driver Cleaner Pro or Driver Sweeper (both have free versions; make sure the version will work with your OS) to your desktop screen and install.

2. Download the latest diver(s) for your video card but don't install them.

3. Uninstall your video card drivers and reboot your PC into Safe Mode. Run Driver Cleaner Pro or Driver Sweeper. If it doesn't find any video card drivers that is quite okay.

4. Reboot and install new video card drivers.

* Also unplug mouse from keyboard hub. What are the results?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-build-pc-freezing-randomly.146706/
Relevancy 22.36%

I recently put together a HTPC out of some old parts but when I try to stream videos from Hulu Neftlix Video Streaming Stuttering/Freezing and the likes I get very poor performance Netflix is watchable with only occasional freezing but the audio is slightly off sink from the video Hulu on the other hand is extremely slow and in full screen the video becomes a slideshow Through the task manager I can see that while streaming from Netflix I get around - CPU usage while from Hulu I get a flat out I have installed available Video Streaming Stuttering/Freezing updates including the most recent nVidia drivers and flash which is supposed to have GPU acceleration Neither of those helped in the slightest bit Here are the specs Commell LV- ITX motherboard Celeron Gb DDR GeForce gs Windows Server I know this is not a very powerful system but it handles DVDs relatively smoothly though there is still high CPU usage with them I have tried multiple browsers as well and have noticed no difference between them Any ideas on how to get GPU accelerated flash working or how to improve streaming performance in general Thanks -TC nbsp

A:Video Streaming Stuttering/Freezing

sounds more like a network issue than anything... check for conflicts and update network drivers if necessary. i don't understand why CPU usage is so high but perhaps a network protocol or service is hogging res? download process explorer to get a better picture of what's going on why the streaming is running.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-streaming-stuttering-freezing.144428/
Relevancy 22.79%

My computer keeps freezing roughly 10 minutes after starting up every time. It always starts up fine but after running for around 10 mins it freezes. Sometimes when it freezes I can just about move the mouse pointer around but it is super slow and laggy. I can't get up the task manager or start menu etc after it has frozen.

I am running windows XP on a very decent system (Quad core, 4gig Ram etc). I also have a 1TB harddrive and have recently used up quite a lot of space on that in a relatively short space of time (I have been editing variouse films). Could this have something to do with it? The drive is partitioned into two 500gb sections. One section has about 90gb left and the other has about 350gb.

Does anyone have any idea what could be happening here? I have never seen a computer do this before.

A:Computer keeps freezing in an odd way?

Check your system and graphics card temperatures. Something might be overheating. Any dust clogging the heatsink or graphics card?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-keeps-freezing-in-an-odd-way.144446/
Relevancy 23.22%

So I play WoW and lately at random when i log out i get a e error blue screen And I would restart and it would be fine Well last night my boyfriend was playing it on the computer and he got that error while just playing the game rather computer up wont WoW crashing, start than when he logged out I went to turn on the computer this morning and it wouldn t start I m fairly certain its a WoW crashing, computer wont start up video issue but I m not sure There were other things he told me about the computer like the fact it hasn t had any windows update in about a year There was a couple updates that kept screwing up the computer because they had to be installed in a certain order and he never figured it out So no updates in a year I found a way to do a memory check and i guess it checked everything because I got a report back and everything was fine except quot repair action system files integrity check and repair Result failed Error code x time taken ms quot I apologize if this is in the wrong forum I m guessing video issue which is why i put it here But any ideas nbsp

A:WoW crashing, computer wont start up

Windows Vista is up to Service Pack 2 now. The Windows updates are important to download and install regularly. You should turn on "Automatic Updates". You should also install all available updates by running Windows Updates again and again until no new updates are found... If this can't be done, or you are still getting system file errors, you may have to back up any important data and reinstall Vista fresh after formatting the hard drive. Be sure to download and install all Windows Updates after the fresh Vista install

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wow-crashing-computer-wont-start-up.143820/
Relevancy 45.58%

At less than two years old my custom built PC has always been in perfect needed Computer & crashing, freezing help condition but recently I ve experienced problems with crashing and freezing The first problem s started around three months ago when on plugging an ipod in to the USB drive the ipod would break and have to be rebooted in disk mode and wiped to work again tested with separate Computer freezing & crashing, help needed ipods At first I thought it may be some sort of virus but after running scans with AVG I found my computer was clean which led me to think it could be a power fault Then around a month ago my computer started to randomly crash shutting itself down immediately while in use then Computer freezing & crashing, help needed on restarting it would crash again When left turned off for a longer period of time a few hours it would start up again as normal and work until the next crash when it would have to be left switched off again but as my computer case has a thermometer I knew this was not due to overheating The crashes began to occur more and more Computer freezing & crashing, help needed regularly at very most minutes after the computer was turned on so I explored as many options as I could think of I opened up the case and hoovered inside I cleaned the fans I deleted all temp files and temp internet files I did a disk cleanup I ensured there was sufficient RAM After all this my computer STILL isn t working properly the crashes have stopped and I have been unable to check it with an ipod but instead it freezes completely frozen - the cursor will not move music playing stops Ctrl Alt Delete doesn t work etc randomly Sometimes immediately after logging in to my work station the computer will freeze and need to be restarted whereas at other times - generally when nothing or only a single program is running - it will stay on for longer without freezing an hour or more Could this be a power supply problem If so how could it be fixed and if not what is wrong with my computer I am not technically minded so I may be missing something obvious here but I m at a bit of a loss and any helpful suggestions would be greatly appreciated Chloe nbsp

A:Computer freezing & crashing, help needed

By any chance do you still have the minidumps created by your earlier crashes? You can find them in C:\windows\minidump. If so, please zip them in a single file and post them here with your next post.

Secondly, do not rely on single AV solution, I would also advise you to scan your system using online scanning of ESET (it will ask you to download a small ESET scanner and install it).

Download Secunia's PSI and run it; it will let you know if you have any security related issues with your installed software and advise you to update (if needed be).

Check your system's logs, by going to Control Panel, Administrative Tools, then to Event Viewer, check all logs, specially check if there are logs with red/yellow tags; if there are any, please give as many details you can get from there.

Also give us your system's specs, and OS details (e.g. which service pack you've installed etc., you can check that by opening my computer, then going to help menu and clicking on about windows).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-freezing-crashing-help-needed.143491/
Relevancy 21.93%

so...i've been having this problem with a pattern of blue lines appearing on my monitor since friday...shown here

which...after reading around is either my video card...or my entire computer crapping out =/

so...these appear whether or not my video card is on or off...they're currently not there, and my video card IS off, but...i'm sure that if i restart once again, they will be there.

if it's any help, i'm using a vaio vgn-fz348e

and when my computer starts to load, about 95% of the time, i see this

i'm really at the end of my rope...please tell me what's wrong x( there used to be a sony service store around here...but they closed up like 8 months ago. GR!

but your help would be appreciated!

A:Blue lines and computer freezing! Auuuugh!

looks like the screen itself may be on it's way out... or already there.

if possible, I would try reinstalling the video drivers

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/blue-lines-and-computer-freezing-auuuugh.143374/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hi,

i bought this set a few days ago: Asus P7P55D-LE, Intel i7 2.8GHz, Ati Radeon HD 5770, 4g RAM and Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium. It has been "freezing" all the time and ive been starting to think its my hard drives. But know its been starting to reloading my BIOS like making me have to put the setups again. When it freezes nothing works and when i try the num lock on my keyboard it doesnt go on and off. It freezes randomly, some times when i play a game or sometimes just on the desktop without doing anything. If i leave the computer on and go to school it's frozen when i come back.Pls someone help me? . Im kinda regretting my purchase.

E: And when it freezes it requires reboot.

A:Computer freezing and accasionaly reloading BIOS

First thing first, the computer is in Warranty; so you should call the system's supplier and ask them to fix it.

Secondly, please go to Control Panel, System and Security, Administrative Tools and open Event Viewer. You need to carefully scan Event Viewer's Windows Log (you need to click on it to open sub-tabs containing Application, Security, Setup, System logs etc. Please carefully examine all of them and let me if you see Red/Yellow Tags events with their Event ID Number and other details related to processes/files etc.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-freezing-and-accasionaly-reloading-bios.143237/
Relevancy 23.65%

About a year ago i built my computer and had no problems at all Maybe months ago i started having trouble with my games i would start my do games Why keep crashing to play when all of a sudden the screen went to some weird screen with vertical lines of usually colors going down the screen and whatever sound was being Why do my games keep crashing played in the game would loop and play over and over Ive probably spent more time troubleshooting then actually playing games these last few months im pretty sure ive tried everything Things ive tried Increasing the fan not a temp problem reinstalling graphics card overclocking in any and every way you could possibly think of cleaning all the dust out running torture tests no errors switching monitors check my power supply its plenty enough and a few other things For about the last month i havent had any issues at all but now all of a sudden the crashes are coming back i havent changed anything or done anything different so im not sure why Games it Happens to CODMW Mass Effect Borderlands Games that work Assassins creed ETQW FO L D I noticed that all of the games that dont work i got on steam could this mean anything but l d was also purchased through steam but it works System Specs AMD Phenom Quad-Core Processor GHz gb ram Windows Vista bit ATI Radeon HD Im really confused and would really appreciate any help nbsp

A:Why do my games keep crashing

What driver set are you running? Catalyst 10.1 is the latest I think.

Is DirectX up to date? What happens if you try to run games in DX9 mode?

I wouldn't try messing with the clocks unless you're looking for additional problems. If the card doesn't work well on factory settings then it's rarely worth your time to experiment with clock speeds. Vertical lines can point to faulty video memory, and although you may not experience problems in some games, the card may be going south.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/why-do-my-games-keep-crashing.142990/
Relevancy 27.95%

I currently have a Wire DSL modem model HG-B with built-in wireless and ATT is the ISP I had a Motorola modem DSL please help constantly reboots, modem before this one for months that would lock up and need a reset to re-establish connect several times a day I complained to ATT and they sent a tech who replaced the modem with the -Wire I have had the Wire for about months now and the entire time it appears to be rebooting itself several times a day which interrupts my work and is very frustrating The symptom is the DSL led light is solid green and the Internet led is solid red It will stay like this for sec or so then appears to go through a reboot process Then the connection comes back There is no other router on the network just a desktop with XP and a laptop with XP I sometimes sign on to a VPN from the laptop for work I have tried shutting one pc off at a time but that doesn t seem to be a factor Can anyone provide some suggestions on how to troubleshoot this I can provide info from the modem diagnostics page if that would help nbsp

A:DSL modem constantly reboots, please help

I never had any problems with my modems, Try reseting your modem to factory stage. on back of your modem you will see a small little hole press it with something small and hold it til your lights flash krazy. If that works then good. log into your modem from web browser if you dont know your modem IP go to start> run> type in CMD> type in ip config >enter and you'll see your ip from gateway type it in your web broswer for me would be 192.168.1.1 then just basically mess with sittings there or look around. best of luck!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dsl-modem-constantly-reboots-please-help.142867/
Relevancy 23.22%

OK i have no idea what could be wrong I will start with the problem itself then add as many details as i can after S Please bare with me Since a few weeks ago now no matter what media file type i am using audio or video the file randomly crashes almost every single time Not just files on my computer s hard drive but Anything that is streamed from the net i e YouTube or BBCiPlayer ect It started with YouTube crashes The video will play but could crash the browser Any browser i have used Firefox IE Netscape Opera ect at any random point BUT sometimes Will play to the end So bizarre Mostly the video will crash the browser asking me to send a crash report to Mozilla ect which i do every time but have heard nothing back Plus It is Really media one? odd crashing! format ANY player Every An in difficult to be specific to Firefox tech support because thier help site is really poor From the hard drive i will use mainly VLC Player but also Windows Media player including classic Winamp Realplayer and any others similar to them All crash when playing a media file Here is what is also odd on top of that If i play a DVD in my PC using PowerDVD player it plays perfectly Never crashes touch wood I though maybe my sound card could be at fault seeing as audio files MP ect crash but i play my guitar thru my PC along with my music and if the MP crashes my guitar does not cut out along with it It carries on with An odd one? Every media format in ANY player crashing! no issues at all I was thinking is it corrupt media files But why would the media that is streamed online crash too if that was the problem I have installed new codecs Uninstalled several of the media players and reinstalled them Tried several other things even disabling the soundcard at one point to see if that was the issue but the video would still crash I am at a complete loss as to what could have happened S My PC is pretty old now so i am wondering could there be some major errors within the core of Windows which i cannot reinstall because i was never given a disk with the PC in the first place just with Windows installed on it before i had the PC I am using a copy of Windows XP AMD Athlon XP GHz GB of RAM Soundcard Creative SoundBlaster Live Value sheesh ancient i know GFX Card ATI Radeon X Series Secondary Each time anything crashes i rarely get an error report send option unless it is a web browser but like i say nothing ever comes of these reports YouTube or iPlayer are the worst offenders but everything else will pretty much crash consistently and at random points in the file not at a specific time or place Could PC overheating be a problem Do either GFX or Audio cards get too hot and have to cut out to stop from breaking I wanted to say also that if i am using any webpage and not streaming media then the browser never crashes It is only ever when media is streaming from a website Same goes for my PC tho i do recall my PC sometimes restarts for no apparent reason tho that is quite a rare occurrence But could that be due to overheating issues Any help would be so wonderful if you can Thankyou nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/an-odd-one-every-media-format-in-any-player-crashing.142764/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hello recently I have New crashing during computer games bought a whole new computer and am experiencing some problems i am playing New computer crashing during games games like Red Alert Crysis and UT And also many others I m wondering if you guys can shed some light on my problem While playing games i get a little second freeze then a black screen for about New computer crashing during games secs after that it goes back to normal After times of the game doing that it crashes My ATI continually does VPU recovery But only in games I don t think its a hardware issue Ive tried Memtest and no errors Ive tried getting all the latest drivers and or software I have tried switching ports for my graphics card and reseeded my ram I don t think voltage is a problem because I have a V power supply Heating shouldn t be an issue I m running speed fan and the max any of the New computer crashing during games temps get is degrees Celsius -------- CPU --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- CPU Properties CPU Type QuadCore AMD Phenom II X Black Edition MHz x CPU Alias Deneb Instruction Set x x - MMX DNow SSE SSE SSE SSE A Min Max CPU Multiplier x x Engineering Sample No L Code Cache KB per core L Cache KB per core On-Die ECC Full-Speed L Cache MB On-Die ECC NB-Speed Multi CPU Motherboard ID AMD RD CPU AMD Phenom tm II X Processor MHz CPU Manufacturer Company Name Advanced Micro Devices Inc -------- Windows Video ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ATI Radeon HD Series Video Adapter Properties Device Description ATI Radeon HD Series Adapter String ATI Radeon HD Series BIOS String -AC - Chip Type ATI Radeon Graphics Processor x DAC Type Internal DAC MHz Memory Size MB Installed Drivers ati dvag - ATI Catalyst Video Adapter Manufacturer Company Name Advanced Micro Devices Inc ATI Radeon HD Series Video Adapter Properties Device Description ATI Radeon HD Series Adapter String ATI Radeon HD Series BIOS String -AC - Chip Type ATI Radeon Graphics Processor x DAC Type Internal DAC MHz Memory Size MB Installed Drivers ati dvag - ATI Catalyst Video Adapter Manufacturer Company Name Advanced Micro Devices Inc -------- GPU --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- PCI Express x Gigabyte Radeon HD Graphics Processor Properties Video Adapter Gigabyte Radeon HD BIOS Version BIOS Date GPU Code Name RV XT Part Number -AC - PCI Device - - C Rev Transistors million Process Technology nm Die Size mm Bus Type PCI Express x x Memory Size GB GPU Clock MHz original MHz RAMDAC Clock MHz Pixel Pipelines TMU Per Pipeline Unified Shaders v DirectX Hardware Support DirectX v Pixel Fillrate MPixel s Texel Fillrate TRIAL VERSION Memory Bus Properties Bus Type GDDR Bus Width -bit Real Clock MHz DDR original MHz Effective Clock MHz Bandwidth TRIAL VERSION Utilization ATI PowerPlay BIOS State GPU MHz Memory MHz Boot State GPU MHz Memory MHz State GPU MHz Memory MHz UVD State GPU MHz Memory MHz Graphics Processor Manufacturer Company Name Advanced Micro Devices Inc -------- GPGPU ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Stream RV Device Properties Device Name RV GPU Clock MHz SIMDs UAVs Max Resource D Width Max Resource D Width Height Wavefront Size Pitch Alignment elements Surface Alignment bytes CAL Version CAL DLL aticalrt dll Memory Properties Memory Clock MHz Total Free Local Memory MB MB Total Free Uncached Remote Memory MB MB Total Free Cached Remote Memory MB MB Device Features Compute Shader Supported Double-Precision Floating-Point Not Supported Global Data Share Not Supported Global GPR Supported Local Data Share Supported Memory Export Supported CAL Extensions CAL D D Interaction Supported CAL D D Interaction Supported CAL OpenGL Interaction Not Supported CAL Counters Supported Compute Shader Supported Create Resourc... Read more

A:New computer crashing during games

585VClick to expand...

Your power supply specs should be listed similar to this: [email protected], +5V25A, [email protected], [email protected], [email protected]

Yes that is 12 v and it is a fine power supply, i'm pretty sure you didn't read your power supply specs properly, can you name the make and model?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-computer-crashing-during-games.142218/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hello Ive had this problem for a while now I assumed it was some sort of virus and spent a week on another pc forum and ran lots of programs scans hijack this logs etc but my PC is apparently clean so it must Freezing Computer Keeps be something else I use Computer Keeps Freezing windows XP It freezes quite randomly Sometimes only a few time a day Sometimes much more regularly The freezes only last for about seconds each time Whe it freezes nothing responds Even the mouse I dont know anything about computers so I will attach a part of my belarc advisor snapshot to give you an idea of my computer setup From talking to people there are some other possible causes overheating - I do ask alot from my PC in fairness and am often running lots of very resource hungry applications PC certainly doesn t feel hot on the ouside of case though Someone else who had this sort of problem said it was to do with their graphics card Another person said it was to to with their soundcard There are also a few theories about power supply issues Cheers nbsp

A:Computer Keeps Freezing

Wow....tough crowd, lol.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-keeps-freezing.140605/
Relevancy 22.36%

Whenever i computer help, games freezing! Need run full screen games my computer freezes about or minutes into it ive updated my Nvidia drivers but doesnt work heres some info if it helps find an answer Operating System Windows Vista Home Premium Build Service Pack vistasp gdr - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Need help, computer games freezing! Co Ltd System Model GA-MA G-S H BIOS Award Modular BIOS v PG Processor AMD Athlon tm X Dual Core Processor CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX Need help, computer games freezing! DX Setup Parameters Not found DxDiag Version bit Unicode Windows Microsoft Windows VISTA Service Pack Internet Explorer Memory RAM MB CPU Info AMD Athlon tm X Dual Core Processor CPU Speed MHz Sound card Speakers High Definition Audio Display Adapters NVIDIA GeForce GS NVIDIA GeForce GS RDPDD Chained DD RDP Encoder Mirror Driver Monitors Screen Resolution X - bit Network Network Present Network Adapters Realtek RTL Family PCI Gigabit Ethernet NIC NDIS CD DVD Drives D ATAPI DVD D DH D P COM Ports NOT Present LPT Ports LPT Mouse Button Wheel Mouse Present Hard Disks C GB Hard Disks - Free C GB USB Controllers host controllers Firewire Not Detected PCMCIA Laptops Not Installed Manufacturer Award Software International Inc Product Make GA-MA G-S H Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd GA-MA G-S H Also please give answers in non technical speak im a bit of a newb nbsp

A:Need help, computer games freezing!

the 7600 GS is somewhat getting old, have you tried cleaning the dust out of the video card

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-computer-games-freezing.142430/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hello techspot community new member here I am realy stuck at the moment I am having problems with the new computer that I built today Every time I start it up it just freezes at the startup screen where it says quot press freezing, computer build help New lt del gt for BIOS setup quot Occasionaly it would enter the bios setup screen before freezing there I really have no idea where the problem might be coming from The motherboard is brand new asus P N-D aswell as my processor intel core quad Q other parts include a dvd rewriter a hd a graphics card and a wifi pci card EDIT complete list of components Asus P N-D mobo Intel core quad q New build computer freezing, help XFX Nvidia geforce gt Kingston GB DDR MHz Dimm Ram HITACHI GB quot New build computer freezing, help PC SATA HARD DRIVE Sitecom wl- wireless pci card Sony Optiarc AD- S- B x DVDR Win Power W psu Please help any idea where the problem might be coming from how to fix it i will give more info if needed Thanks nbsp

A:New build computer freezing, help

Is your RAM new as well? Asus makes great boards but they are quite well known about being very picky about the RAM installed on each and every model of motherboard they make.

For each board model they have a recommended vendor list and the acceptable version for each memory manufacturer's inventory. For example Corsair makes several offerings but not all Corsair will be recommended for a particular motherboard model even if said RAM is DDR2 and it matches timings and voltage. Is this clear?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-build-computer-freezing-help.142382/
Relevancy 28.81%

Windows xp sp logitec webcam c Installed according to directions on logitec ran CD connected hardware when prompted Worked fine Can see self in the logitec video screen take pics etc Chose not to use the headseat that came with the webcam as it had a mic built in to the camera and I only had one place to connect the head set would have pre-empted my speakers Downloaded and installed skype and ran through their series of video and voice tests All was fine Placed several calls good Also installed LogMeIn free version so I could support this set up after I left home for a business trip as my Mom is not all that savvy Two days after I got it all working the Mic no longer works When I run the test in Skype with the echo service I can hear the recording but it shows at the top the mic volume is too low and sure enough it does not play back the messages I mic Logitech working in c250 built webcam on stopped skype leave for the test I have found a post on here several in fact about checking certain skype settings and will do that when I get home tonight Meanwhile I had my Mom move Logitech webcam c250 built in mic stopped working on skype the camera from the USB port to Logitech webcam c250 built in mic stopped working on skype another one thinking it was maybe a port gone bad No such luck I also wondered if it could be caused by the install of logmein It doesn t work whether I m remoted in or not so it s not the amount of traffic causing the issue it would almost be like some kind of interupt conflict but a I thought that was pretty much a thing of the past and b I wouldn t expect logmein to glom onto a hardware interupt in any case Perhaps a conflict in port numbers used for the mic and the logme in software Can uninstall logmein but not remotely and won t be home for another month Wanted to see what else I could try Don t have any other apps on there that I could test the mic with apart from Skype Logitec installed something to let me take pics but not anything to test mic with Did check the skype mute button we are not muted Any other tips or ideas would be greatly appreciated I suppose the mic could just have failed immediately after purchase but that seems a bit odd nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/logitech-webcam-c250-built-in-mic-stopped-working-on-skype.141597/
Relevancy 29.67%

This isn't really so much for me as it is for my wife and her sister who live over a 1000 miles apart and sister-in-law has a lousy minute plan with her cell phone.

I'm clueless on these peripherals and I know nothing about Skype but said sister-in-law suggests it.

Suggestions are really most appreciative. My OS is XP Pro with SP/3.

Thanks.

A:Need Advice on Microphone/Webcam for use with Skype

Skype works with a very wide range of microphones and webcams. As long as you have the drivers for the webcam, then you should be able to select it in Skype.

Get into Skype, look at the top and look for Tools. Click and go to Options. In the options on the left side, go to the Video Settings. It should automatically detect a webcam if you have one plugged in. Make sure you have the webcam set up how you would like.

As for the microphone, it's plug and play as well in terms of how it works. But I wouldn't try using an old microphone though. The sound sampling quality is usually a bit lower than a more modern mic or headset. I would go out and buy a cheap 10 or 15 dollar mic or headset and use that.

After you get your mic plugged in, go into Tools, Options, and Audio Settings. Choose the appropriate settings and you should be good to go. (Also make sure you don't forget to unmute the microphone. Sometimes Windows Sound mutes the mic because it doesn't detect it so you need to unmute it. And make sure there isn't a manual mute button on the mic that's switched on or you won't get sound regardless.)

After that, you should be able to make video calls. Make sure you have decent lighting in your room or else the webcam image might appear to be a bit too dark to see yourself/the other person properly.

Naturally, if you have any more specific questions, then don't hesitate to ask. I use skype on a moderate basis and I'm fairly familiar with it.

Edit: This is the headset I use. It gives me good quality sound. http://www.mrgadget.com.au/catalog/images/logitech_clearchat_style_pc_headset.gif. The webcam I use is actually a 3 megapixel camera that offers a webcam option. This is my camera: http://images.tigerdirect.com/skuimages/large/DXGusa-305v-mainx.jpg

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-advice-on-microphone-webcam-for-use-with-skype.141495/
Relevancy 22.36%

I've been having problems with my Sony Vaio VGN-AR605E laptop recently. Had it for a couple years no problems, switched from Vista to XP about a year ago, no problems there. Recently it's been freezing up whenever I try to play any game, or run a program (ex:Windows 7 upgrade adviser, Warcraft 3, Fallout 3). It also freezes up when I try to add music to my Itunes library. Sound still works and I can still move the cursor on screen. Nothing works but turning it off manually then turning it back on. Anyone have any suggestions? I'm at a loss.

Sony Vaio
XP Professional SP3
Intel Core 2 Duo @ 1.8 GHz
3 Gbs RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 8400M GT

I run rightmark CPU clock utility just to tweak power levels and keep the computer a little cooler, but that shouldn't be causing the problem.

Thanks!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sony-vaio-freezing-up.141498/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hey I was wondering if you guys could help me out. =)

I'm having a problem with what I think is my video card crashing my cpu. I was wondering if you guys knew something I don't. Attached is my dxdiag.

Thanks in advance

A:Computer crashing during gameplay

Ok so I'm not much of a Tech spurt but have you checked if you have Installed your programs propperly and have you got Norton Internet Security?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-crashing-during-gameplay.141382/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hi, I have an annoying little (or maybe big, its hard to tell with PC stuff) problem. Every so often my system will just freeze on me (and when it does the HDD light is off constantly). There seems to be nothing I can do to fix the problem other than hit the reset button. There is no set pattern to the problem as sometimes I will be not even using my computer and I will come back to it and its frozen up. I tried a stress test last night using BurnIn Test which showed everything working just fine. I've used Tuneup Utilities to fix my registry and check the HDD for errors but the problem persists.

My system is GA G33M-DS2R with Intel Core 2 duo (E4500) 2.20GHz and 4GB RAM, 64 bit Windows 7. Any ideas? Anyone?

PS. I tried to attach the latest .dmp file but the file size was too big, any help?

A:My computer keeps freezing, any help?

Hi,

Will it be possible for you to post the system logs from the event viewer.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-computer-keeps-freezing-any-help.140903/
Relevancy 22.79%

hi there new to this site basically been havin the same problems with my comp over a couple of weeks,

list of problems
computer randoms turns itself off
make beeps at start up
random bluescreens
all games crash tio destop fter random amounts of times

things i have tried
memtest
new graphics drivers
2 different gfx cards
checkdisk
these are the normal temp reading i have speedfan
idle
system32c
cpu47c
aux47c
hd033c
core13c
gpu41c
core41
voltages
vcore1.45v
+12v 2.22v
avcc3.39v

in game
system 33c
cpubetween 55-61c
aux 55-61c
hd0 34c
core15
gpu47
core47

specs atholon 6000 x2
geforce 250gts 512
2gb ddr 2 800 ram
250gb segate
asrock n61 p-s motherboard

any help would be much appreciated,cheers

A:Computer randomly turns off ,games crashing to desktop

consult the bios beep guide. http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic95391.html

you have a hardware issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-randomly-turns-off-games-crashing-to-desktop.140670/