Windows Support Forum

BSOD crashing randomly with use

Q: BSOD crashing randomly with use

think i fixed it don't know what i did specifically as i tried a large amount of fixes

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: BSOD crashing randomly with use

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: BSOD crashing randomly with use

Post it following the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions, in your next post.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/306374-bsod-crashing-randomly-use.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi, I have this issue for a long time, after some help they said I needed to reinstall my os (system was completly corrupt), did so but when I installed the basic drivers and programs (Chrome, graphics card driver,steam,...) my pc crashes again out of nowhere. This happens mostly when a game is open, even without playing it it keeps crashing. I tried the sfc/scannow command but found no issues. A hard drive test and memory test were all positive.
(sorry for my bad english)

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/385457-pc-keeps-randomly-crashing-bsod.html
Relevancy 62.35%

hey everyone i have been having quite a bit of trouble lately with my computer randomly crashing with the blue screen of death. its been doing it quite a bit recently and honestly i have no clue why. i haven't had the computer very long, only like 5 months. i was going to attempt trying to solve this myself but honestly i didn't want to mess anything up more than it already is i have done a malware and virus scan and nothing came up and I've checked for updates for everything and everything seems to be up to date. i attached the past 3 months of DMP files. if there is any other info needed just let me know and i will provide it for you. please help me, and thank you in advance. -Wes

Attachment 188018

A:BSOD Randomly Crashing

Hi.

Update your Virtual Serial Port driver for Blackberry.

Research In Motion - Products
Remove Avg from your system.
Download,install and use Anti-Malware, Virus, Spyware Protection | Microsoft Security Essentials with windows firewall enable.
Run 2-3 times SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker
Run RAM - Test with Memtest86+
Finish and post back.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/202312-bsod-randomly-crashing.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Custom Built Machine by me OS - Win Ultimate x What was original installed OS on system Same OEM installed by me Age of system yr Age of OS installation - and crashing BSOD randomly no reinstall CPU - AMD Phenom BSOD and randomly crashing II Video Card - nVidia GeForce GTX MotherBoard - ASUS M A XTD Evo Power Supply - Raidmax W GB X GB G Skill DDR I own a local computer repair company but am having trouble narrowing down this problem Ironically it's on my personal PC - how embarrassing Symptoms Occasionally I notice graphical anomalies on the screen such as a small box or a cropping of misplaced pixels Lately however it has been just freezing It becomes more aggravated when I play WoW and happens quite frequently BSOD and randomly crashing Troubleshooting I've swapped the RAM around and run each of the sticks independently I've run Prime for hours and have also run Memtest for hours I've run multiple DMark benchmarks None of these cause the problem to occur or result in errors I would try different RAM but don't have any DDR on hand I want to buy more so if we think it may be a memory issue I'll just buy a new set In my ZIP file I've included a recent dump file as well as a couple mini dumps I've attached them as txt since the dump file is MB This is a common event log entry for my issue The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck The bugcheck was x x xfffffa x x A dump was saved in C Windows Minidump - - dmp Report Id - - Hopefully we can track this thing down Thanks in advance for any insight Scott

A:BSOD and randomly crashing

Hi -

Run Driver Verifier - http://www.techsupportforum.com/f217...ed-473665.html

Provide full system info - http://www.techsupportforum.com/f217...ns-452654.html

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-and-randomly-crashing-534914.html
Relevancy 61.49%

windows 7 64bit
8gigs ram
1gig nvidia geforce gpu
intel core 2 quad
asus cg5270 mother board
rocket fish 550watt psu

here are the minidump files and a perfmon report, the computer just crashes and reboots without a blue screen.

A:windows crashing randomly no bsod?

Quote: Originally Posted by Dragonvial

windows 7 64bit
8gigs ram
1gig nvidia geforce gpu
intel core 2 quad
asus cg5270 mother board
rocket fish 550watt psu

here are the minidump files and a perfmon report, the computer just crashes and reboots without a blue screen.

Nothing uploaded, try it again

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/164826-windows-crashing-randomly-no-bsod.html
Relevancy 61.49%

My comp has been BSOD or it will just freeze up and do nothing. Only been happening since friday night. Seems to run fine but if i start to game or do anything will last for a bit and then crash or freeze. Ran memtest and my memory seemed fine. Also reinstalled my graphics card drivers but that didnt seem to help. Hope i did this right kinda a noob...

Running Windows 7 home 64 bit

Specs
AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 940 Processor
Graphics Card: Radeon HD 6870
Memory: 8.00 GB

A:BSOD Computer keeps randomly crashing.

Stop 0x124 is a hardware error

If you are overclocking try resetting your processor to standard settings and see if that helps.

If you continue to get BSOD here are some more things you may want to consider.

This is usually heat related, defective hardware, memory or even processor though it is"possible" that it is driver related (rare).

Quote:
Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try
Synopsis:

A "stop 0x124" is fundamentally different to many other types of bluescreens because it stems from a hardware complaint.

Stop 0x124 minidumps contain very little practical information, and it is therefore necessary to approach the problem as a case of hardware in an unknown state of distress.
Generic "Stop 0x124" Troubleshooting Strategy:

1) Ensure that none of the hardware components are overclocked. Hardware that is driven beyond its design specifications - by overclocking - can malfunction in unpredictable ways.
2) Ensure that the machine is adequately cooled.
If there is any doubt, open up the side of the PC case (be mindful of any relevant warranty conditions!) and point a mains fan squarely at the motherboard. That will rule out most (lack of) cooling issues.
3) Update all hardware-related drivers: video, sound, RAID (if any), NIC... anything that interacts with a piece of hardware.
It is good practice to run the latest drivers anyway.
4) Update the motherboard BIOS according to the manufacturer's instructions.
Their website should provide detailed instructions as to the brand and model-specific procedure.
5) Rarely, bugs in the OS may cause "false positive" 0x124 events where the hardware wasn't complaining but Windows thought otherwise (because of the bug).
At the time of writing, Windows 7 is not known to suffer from any such defects, but it is nevertheless important to always keep Windows itself updated.

6) Attempt to (stress) test those hardware components which can be put through their paces artificially.
The most obvious examples are the RAM and HDD(s).
For the RAM, use the in-built memory diagnostics (run MDSCHED) or the 3rd-party memtest86 utility to run many hours worth of testing.
For hard drives, check whether CHKDSK /R finds any problems on the drive(s), notably "bad sectors".
Unreliable RAM, in particular, is deadly as far as software is concerned, and anything other than a 100% clear memory test result is cause for concern. Unfortunately, even a 100% clear result from the diagnostics utilities does not guarantee that the RAM is free from defects - only that none were encountered during the test passes.

7) As the last of the non-invasive troubleshooting steps, perform a "vanilla" reinstallation of Windows: just the OS itself without any additional applications, games, utilities, updates, or new drivers - NOTHING AT ALL that is not sourced from the Windows 7 disc.
Should that fail to mitigate the 0x124 problem, jump to the next steps.
If you run the "vanilla" installation long enough to convince yourself that not a single 0x124 crash has occurred, start installing updates and applications slowly, always pausing between successive additions long enough to get a feel for whether the machine is still free from 0x124 crashes.
Should the crashing resume, obviously the very last software addition(s) may be somehow linked to the root cause.
If stop 0x124 errors persist despite the steps above, and the harware is under warranty, consider returning it and requesting a replacement which does not suffer periodic MCE events.
Be aware that attempting the subsequent harware troubleshooting steps may, in some cases, void your warranty:

8) Clean and carefully remove any dust from the inside of the machine.
Reseat all connectors and memory modules.
Use a can of compressed air to clean out the RAM DIMM sockets as much as possible.

9) If all else fails, start removing items of hardware one-by-one in the hope... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/227463-bsod-computer-keeps-randomly-crashing.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Okay I am at my wits end My computer is Random Randomly - Crashing BSOD Programs Windows bit I've had this computer for about a year It's the computer I record my gameplay videos for YouTube and render them out Random BSOD - Programs Randomly Crashing with Adobe Premiere CS For the past month it has been randomly crashing programs and giving me BSOD Reasons range from MEMORY MANAGEMENT SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION to even PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA I thought it might be a HD problem I currently have internal drives and External Scans show no problems I thought it might be a video driver problem I downloaded the latest drivers and did a clean install I thought it might be malware I've run every program I have in my arsenal Malwarebytes Superantispyware Rkill Random BSOD - Programs Randomly Crashing Rouge-killer and all they've turned up was some PUPs and some tracking cookies Nothing serious I thought something in my OS might be broken I've run the tweaking windows repair all-in-one Still having the same problems Sometimes my games will just up and close so this FEELS like malware It's just so random But I don't want to do a complete reformat and reinstall everything to find it was a hardware issue Do you understand what I am saying I've even tried restoring my computer to a previous point but the issue persists Please help me out here I'm begging you

A:Random BSOD - Programs Randomly Crashing

I got told a while back that PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA could be a RAM problem. Not sure about the other BSOD Problem. So you could try a ram test to see which one is faulty.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/560600/random-bsod-programs-randomly-crashing/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hey, my I have a pretty nice computer and it usually runs fine. It uses windows 7 ultimate x64, 6GB of Ram, 500GB Hardrive and a nVidia GTS 250 graphics card. Sometimes though when I turn on my computer within minutes of reaching the desktop the mouse will start moving all glitchy and if I play any music or any sound is on it sounds all robotic and staticy. Today I turned on my computer then left the room for a few minutes and when I came back it had blue screened saying this..

I have never had this error pop up but my friend was saying that my problems probably had to do with something physical like with a processor. Any help how to fix this would be appreciated.. thank you!

A:Crashing/BSOD Randomly on computer start

avocado,
Welcome to SevenForums!

Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/236680-crashing-bsod-randomly-computer-start.html
Relevancy 61.06%

So everything was fine until there was a MASSIVE windows update on Saturday After the updates finished installing I restarted as usual and then the problems just started Browsers Crashing Randomly Errors and BSOD All from there When I rebooted my computer BSOD Errors and All Browsers Crashing Randomly and logged in I was facing multiple errors and and had to submit error reports every few minutes because things kept failing maybe some problem with the registry I don t know then it would randomly give me the BSOD and I d have to restart but most importantly my browsers kept crashing randomly I rebooted and then the LAC said that the connection was limited I got BSOD again after a bit then I had to reboot to find myself getting a diskcheck because it said the volume was dirty I ran multiple through diskchecks wasted hours days on them and have for the past few days but it always comes out except once after a BSOD After that I tried troubleshooting myself and did a large number of things First thing I did was restart in Safe Mode with Networking to run a virus scan both quick then full with Malwarebytes and TDSSkiller They came out clean I rebooted and ran another malewarebytes scan not in normal mode first quick then full and I thought the problem was gone so I browsed for a bit then I started getting BSOD errors related to my drivers so I uninstalled reinstalled all of them but I m still getting some other random BSOD I then ran my secunia to check if everything is updated the only thing I had to update was Adobe reader and I did that but it didn t solve any problems I get BSOD errors in random ways just by running certain applications and most importantly scans of anything even in safe mode have a chance of causing a BSOD I checked the error codes online and ran tried some solutions my internet works at least but they re still not fixing my most important problem The fact that every single one of my browsers are crashing randomly and don t ask about the reinstalling that was the most obvious thing and done and didn t fix the problem I then thought it could be a hardware problem so I ran memtest and ran the seagate HDD check tool but that came out clean as well I went back into safe mode and tested to see if my browsers would crash in safe mode with networking They do but they last much longer than in normal mode I later came across another solution on a forum looking for someone with a problem similar to mine and ran the Tweaking com Windows Repair Tool v The first time I did that it caused a BSOD then I had to reboot it ran the checkdisk and said the volume was dirty After that I ran it again and after it was done restarting to make sure it took effect Now what s happening is that windows updates aren t working properly and neither are the Micrsoft fix it tools They took a gorillion years to get anywhere in fact I don t think they get anywhere Ran it for a whole day and nothing What I need most is firefox working What s strange is the fact that it s different from the other browsers Opera IE Chrome in that I can t restart it endlessly like the others What it does is first it works fine for a few minutes then it randomly crashes and asks me to send an error report and whether or not I d like to restart the browser so I do that but it reports there are no errors to send or it just doesn t send the error report or it causes it make more windows of the error reporting window for firefox So the weirdest thing is that it can t restart endlessly like the other browsers It just causes an endless loop of firefox error reporting windows with the restarting option and then I have to reboot just to have to use firefox again only for a few minutes before it randomly crashes again but then the problem just repeats itself Opera doesn t really send anything in its error report either strangely enough Everything works though java flash watched youtube videos fine Every browser just crashes randomly for some very odd reason At this point I jus... Read more

A:BSOD Errors and All Browsers Crashing Randomly

Hello and Welcome -Do you, or have you been using Symantec (Norton) programs recently ? ?If you have, please delete it, and use this Removal tool ftp://ftp.symantec.com/public/english_us_canada/removal_tools/Norton_Removal_Tool.exeJust an idea, as many times this appears with conflicts on Symantec Endpoint or Norton programs -Thank You -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/453971/bsod-errors-and-all-browsers-crashing-randomly/
Relevancy 61.06%

Is Windows 7 . . .
- x86 (32-bit) or x64 ? 64bit
- the original installed OS on the system? No
- an OEM or full retail version? Full

- What is the age of system (hardware)? 1 1/2 years roughly
- What is the age of OS installation (have you re-installed the OS?) 1month, Yes!

Trying to determine if I need the motherboard replaced or if its software related.

A:HP Elitebook 8540p randomly crashing/BSOD

Run an sfc/scannow command in an elevated command prompt. If errors are found, run it twice more with each scan followed by a reboot.
SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

Run a full system scan with Malwarebytes.
Malwarebytes : Free anti-malware, anti-virus and spyware removal download

The following drivers need to be updated:

Code:
dne64x.sys Tue Nov 11 12:01:24 2008
GEARAspiWDM.sys Mon May 18 22:17:04 2009
HpqKbFiltr.sys Wed Apr 29 23:48:30 2009
mcdbus.sys Tue Feb 24 21:34:07 2009
rimmpx64.sys Thu Jun 25 18:04:18 2009
sncduvc.SYS Mon Apr 06 13:48:54 2009
spsys.sys Tue May 12 03:20:58 2009
These drivers can be found by searching them in Google and then finding the associated software or driver. Finally, find the latest version of this driver or software and download and install it. Some of the drivers may also be found here (if the driver says 'Windows Update' simply make sure all Windows Updates are installed).

You should also update any other drivers you can think of including graphics, audio, chipset etc.

Make sure all Windows updates are installed.

What anti-virus are you currently using?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/222323-hp-elitebook-8540p-randomly-crashing-bsod.html
Relevancy 61.06%

it crashes randomly, some of support guys told me that its bcoz of USB and gave me this bugfix to resolve this

Windows6.1-KB979538-x86

but it didnt install and said its not applicable for me.

thanks in advance dump is attached

A:BSOD randomly crashing error 0x0000007e

I only see one thing in the crash dump that really stands out.
That is
82417000 8241b000 wibukey2 wibukey2.sys Thu Nov 09 06:08:22 2006 (45531A36)

By it's date there is no way this can be compatible with windows 7. It simply didn't exist at the time. It's very possible it's causing the page fault that is crashing your kernel. Unfortunately this driver does not exist in my personal driver database and information on it online is pretty vague. I would honestly suggest removing the software associated with it unless you absolutely have to have it.

Also TSDDD isn't reporting properly.
I would suggest a file check to make sure it's not damaged.
SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/255986-bsod-randomly-crashing-error-0x0000007e.html
Relevancy 61.06%

I've been running Windows 8 for couple of months and it keeps randomly crashing. Mostly when I have multiple on going processes.

I believe I did a mistake when I upgraded some drivers via Windows update.

I tried to debug memory.dmp (8GB) but it keeps coming up with different thing.

I keep losing my work data on a daily basis.

I hope you guys can help me with this, because BSOD is driving me crazy.

A:PC Keeps Randomly Crashing (BSOD) on a Daily Basis

Hi there!

You have lots crashes I found something interesting stuff as well. I think ASACPI.sys is the root of all issues.

Rebuild the list of counters in the registry:
Click Start, expand All Programs, and expand Accessories.
Right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as administrator.
At the command prompt, type lodctr /r, and then press ENTER.

For this particular error:

Code:
Event[15948]:
Log Name: Application
Source: Microsoft-Windows-LoadPerf
Date: 2013-02-21T23:40:28.300
Event ID: 3012
Task: N/A
Level: Error
Opcode: Info
Keyword: N/A
User: S-1-5-18
User Name: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
Computer: Uros-PC
Description:
The performance strings in the Performance registry value are corrupted when process Performance extension counter provider. The BaseIndex value from the Performance registry is the first DWORD in the Data section, LastCounter value is the second DWORD in the Data section, and LastHelp value is the third DWORD in the Data section.

Update the following drivers:

Code:
E1G6032E.sys Wed Mar 24 02:38:16 2010 - Intel (R) PRO/1000 Adapter NDIS 6 deserialized drivers
ASACPI.sys Mon Mar 28 08:00:36 2005 - Asus ATK0110 ACPI Utility (a known BSOD maker in Win7 and Win8). Also a part of many Asus utilities http://www.sysnative.com/drivers/driver.php?id=ASACPI.sys

You have Windows Activation error which is not good.

Code:
Event[16015]: Log Name: Application
Source: Microsoft-Windows-Security-SPP
Date: 2013-02-21T23:51:08.000
Event ID: 8198
Task: N/A
Level: Error
Opcode: N/A
Keyword: Classic
User: N/A
User Name: N/A
Computer: Uros-PC
Description:
License Activation (slui.exe) failed with the following error code:
hr=0x8007232B
Command-line arguments:
RuleId=502ff3ba-669a-4674-bbb1-601f34a3b968;Action=AutoActivateSilent;AppId=55c92734-d682-4d71-983e-d6ec3f16059f;SkuId=a98bcd6d-5343-4603-8afe-5908e4611112;NotificationInterval=1440;Trigger=NetworkAvailable

Bugcheck Analysis

Code:
******************************************************************************** *
* Bugcheck Analysis *
UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP (7f)
This means a trap occurred in kernel mode, and it's a trap of a kind
that the kernel isn't allowed to have/catch (bound trap) or that
is always instant death (double fault). The first number in the
bugcheck params is the number of the trap (8 = double fault, etc)
Consult an Intel x86 family manual to learn more about what these
traps are. Here is a *portion* of those codes:
If kv shows a taskGate
use .tss on the part before the colon, then kv.
Else if kv shows a trapframe
use .trap on that value
Else
.trap on the appropriate frame will show where the trap was taken
(on x86, this will be the ebp that goes with the procedure KiTrap)
Endif
kb will then show the corrected stack.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000008, EXCEPTION_DOUBLE_FAULT
Arg2: fffff880009c6d30
Arg3: fffff8808beee428
Arg4: fffff801f99351c5
Debugging Details:
------------------

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x7f_8
CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN8_DRIVER_FAULT
PROCESS_NAME: svchost.exe
CURRENT_IRQL: 0
LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from fffff801f98f7669 to fffff801f98f8340
STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`009c6be8 fffff801`f98f7669 : 00000000`0000007f 00000000`00000008 fffff880`009c6d30 fffff880`8beee428 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`009c6bf0 fffff801`f98f5734 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiBugCheckDispatch+0x69
fffff880`009c6d30 fffff801`f99351c5 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiDoubleFaultAbort+0xb4
fffff880`8beee428 00000000`0000000... Read more

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/20844-pc-keeps-randomly-crashing-bsod-daily-basis.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi all I have been trying to track down this very frustrating problem for a very long time now probably - years My Windows -bit Professional install has an unrelenting Windows Explorer.exe BSOD Crashing Not but Randomly 7 explorer exe crash issue where randomly I get the error message quot Windows explorer has stopped working quot and explorer exe will restart It appears to happen without warning and with no apparent pattern I have tried everything I know to do I have done multiple clean Windows reinstalls run memtest for many hours swapped out motherboards swapped out hard drives SSD Not BSOD but Windows 7 Explorer.exe Crashing Randomly mechanical systematically and methodically uninstalled pieces of software one a time in order to try and root out the cause and disabled all third party shell extensions Still this infuriating issue persists Is there anything else I can try I have captured a crash dump from a recent crash and can attach if requested Any help would be appreciated Two entries that are logged in Windows event viewer after a crash are as follows Code Faulting application name Explorer EXE version time stamp x d ee Faulting module name unknown version time stamp x Exception code xc Fault offset x a fd Faulting process id x ec Faulting application start time x d d ef Faulting application path C Windows Explorer EXE Not BSOD but Windows 7 Explorer.exe Crashing Randomly Faulting module path unknown Report Id dc d- d - e - Not BSOD but Windows 7 Explorer.exe Crashing Randomly dc - d Code Fault bucket type Event Name BEX Response Not available Cab Id Problem signature P Explorer EXE P P d ee P StackHash c P P P a fd P c P P Attached files These files may be available here C Users lt username gt AppData Local Microsoft Windows WER ReportArchive AppCrash Explorer EXE fdb afb cbae f d f f d f b a e Analysis symbol Rechecking for solution Report Id dc d- d - e - dc - d Report Status My relevant specs are as follows Intel Core i - K Ivy Bridge Intel DZ GA- K Motherboard GB x GB Corsair Vengeance Low Profile mhz DDR CML GX M A C Gigabyte GeForce GTX MB quot Windforce x quot -bit PCI-E GV-N OC- GD ASUS Xonar Essence ST PCI Sound Card Intel Series GB SSD as boot drive WD Black TB as secondary drive Samsung SH-S N SATA DVD Writer with Lightscribe Seasonic X- SS- KM Watt ATX Power Supply

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/387219-not-bsod-but-windows-7-explorer-exe-crashing-randomly.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Intel Core Quad Q gb ramwindows bitFirefox Chrome Opera crashing randomly and random bsodBrowser crashes have happened on a wide variety of websites including facebook youtube reddit and google They can happen while scrolling loading a new page backing out to an old page even Firefox/Chrome/Opera crashing randomly. and bsod happen when I m doing something non internet related with browser minimized but typically seem to happen while the page is loading They are very frequent sometimes to Firefox/Chrome/Opera crashing and bsod randomly. times a session BSOD follows the same suit as far as being seemingly unpredictable or random but far less frequently maybe weekly This pc was refurbished and I ve had an anti-virus enabled since I bought the computer The crashes have happened since I ve bought it and scans have showed no malware I ve tested the ram with several different programs all showed no errors Same for the drive Here s my hijackthis Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Unknown Windows WinNT MSIE Unable to get Internet Explorer version Boot mode NormalRunning processes C Program Files x Pando Networks Media Booster PMB exeC Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Odometer hpsysdrv exeC Program Files x Winamp winampa exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast AvastUI exeC Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exec Program Files x Hewlett-Packard TouchSmart Media Kernel CLML CLMLSvc exeC Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Program Files x Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http g msn com HPCON R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http g msn com HPCON R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http g msn com HPCON R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exeO - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dllO - BHO Microsoft Live Search Toolbar Helper - d ce e -f a- - e- dc f c f - c Program Files x MSN Toolbar msneshellx dllO - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dllO - Toolbar Microsoft Live Search Toolbar - E ED C- CB - d -B E -AB C C - c Program Files x MSN Toolbar msneshellx dllO - HKLM Run hpsysdrv c program files x hewlett-packard HP odometer hpsysdrv exeO - HKLM Run WinampAgent quot C Program Files x Winamp winampa exe quot O - HKLM Run avast quot C Program Files Alwil Software Avast avastUI exe quot noguiO - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files x Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run Adobe ARM quot C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe quot O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files x QuickTime QTTask exe quot -atboottimeO - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe quot O - HKCU Run Pando Media Booster C Program Files x Pando Networks Media Booster PMB exeO - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe autoRun User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - RunOnce mctadmin C Windows System mctadmin exe User LOCAL SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - Run Sidebar ProgramFiles Windows Sidebar Sidebar exe autoRun User NETWORK SERVICE O - HKUS S- - - RunOnce mctadmin C Windows System mctadmin exe User NETWORK SERVICE O - Extra button PokerStars - AD F C-ED - e -B D - B F A EF - C Program Files x PokerStars PokerStarsUpdate exeO - Gopher Prefix O - Service SystemRoot system Alg exe - ALG - Unknown owner - C Windows System alg exe file missing O - Service avast Antivirus - AV... Read more

A:Firefox/Chrome/Opera crashing and bsod randomly.

how do i delete this thread?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/347412/firefoxchromeopera-crashing-and-bsod-randomly/
Relevancy 60.2%

This has been going on about 2 weeks, I have rebuilt twice, and this issue keeps returning.
I have attempted to follow suggestions on this forum, I have updated my asACPI files, (I think it was behaving worse prior to this); however after restarting it crashed again.
My main partition is on an SSD; after the BSOD the computer will not boot, it either keeps resettings or BSOD, on the odd occasion it can't find the drive, and complains of missing bootldr press ctrl-alt-del. after turning the PSU off, and purging power from the system (pressing on off button until all led's switch off). then next boot it will progress into windows.
At the last occasion I was running Chrome, Remote Desktop.
I have enabled the mini dump, and I am awaiting my next crash. so I can post that.
I am enclosing my sf .zip hoping somebody can help.

A:BSOD computer crashing randomly, twice with BF3, once in Firefox 2day

Welcome aboard

Your crash dumps are not showing any finite probable cause. In such a situation, it is better to enable Driver Verifier to monitor the drivers.

Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable

Run Driver Verifier for 24 hours or the occurrence of the next crash, whichever is earlier.

Let us know the results, with the subsequent crash dumps, if any.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/254914-bsod-computer-crashing-randomly-twice-bf3-once-firefox-2day.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hello all,

I've come today to hopefully fix my beloved computer. Recently, within the past week, it's been crashing with different BSOD errors: PFN_LIST_CORRUPT, MEMORY_MANAGEMENT, SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION, PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA.

I'm not tech-savvy when it comes to dumpfiles or anything like that, so I'll need some guidance. First off if you guys will ask me questions to start off with, I will provide any and all information I can possible. I also have images of the hardware and MemTest86+ I can upload. We'll start off with building a foundation...

Also this may not be "permitted" but I have a link of another forum I've been asking, but that forum is a community forum whereas this one is directed straight towards BSOD errors.

The link is: http://www.chiefdelphi.com/forums/sh...50#post1278350
ChiefDelphi is a FIRST Robotics Forum board so it is trusted, but if there's any doubt I understand.

A:Multiple BSOD errors, computer crashing randomly.

Have a read of this Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions and post your files then we can have a look
Be sure to click grab all, you may need to wait a couple minutes (depending on your system) for all logs/files to complete processing

Just had a scan of that other thread
Where are you at now/what was the outcome
Did you ever get RAM issues sorted at all

TBH it sounds like the RAM is simply faulty or incompatible
Did you try manually setting RAM voltages/timings in the bios and did you try updating bios to latest as this can improve compatibilties beyond QVL list

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/293138-multiple-bsod-errors-computer-crashing-randomly.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Starting earlier today, my internet randomly stopped working on my main PC, though I could still connect and it would work fine on my laptop/phone/tablet/etc. I ran a full McAfee scan which found nothing, and after a couple restarts and unplugging my modem/router, it happened again now.

When I try to shut my PC down, it goes to the normal vista "Shutting down" screen, stays there for about 5 or so minutes, and then I get a BSOD.

Any help is much appreciated, thanks people.

A:BSOD after shutting down, internet also randomly crashing on home PC

Welcome
The cause given for your BSODs was a Microsoft Driver, this is rarely the cause. I would start with a driver verifier in an attempt to find the true cause. I think that the true cause is a driver, but not the one given in your report.

Driver Verifier
I'd suggest that you first backup your data and then make sure you've got access to another computer so you can contact us if problems arise. Then make a System Restore point (so you can restore the system using the Vista/Windows 7 Startup Repair feature).

In Windows 7 you can make a Startup Repair disk by going to Start....All Programs...Maintenance...Create a System Repair Disc - with Windows Vista you'll have to use your installation disk or the "Repair your computer" option at the top of the Safe Mode menu .

Then, here's the procedure:
- Go to Start and type in "verifier" (without the quotes) and press Enter
- Select "Create custom settings (for code developers)" and click "Next"
- Select "Select individual settings from a full list" and click "Next"
- Select everything EXCEPT FOR "Low Resource Simulation" and click "Next"
- Select "Select driver names from a list" and click "Next"
Then select all drivers NOT provided by Microsoft and click "Next"
- Select "Finish" on the next page.

Reboot the system and wait for it to crash to the Blue Screen. Continue to use your system normally, and if you know what causes the crash, do that repeatedly. The objective here is to get the system to crash because Driver Verifier is stressing the drivers out. If it doesn't crash for you, then let it run for at least 36 hours of continuous operation (an estimate on my part).

If you can't get into Windows because it crashes too soon, try it in Safe Mode.
If you can't get into Safe Mode, try using System Restore from your installation DVD to set the system back to the previous restore point that you created.
Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/245512-bsod-after-shutting-down-internet-also-randomly-crashing-home-pc.html
Relevancy 59.77%

My laptop would crash overnight while I am asleep every few days. I would have it be on sleep mode before I sleep, then the BSOD would be on when I wake up in the morning. Google Chrome or MS Words are usually the only programs that are open before I put the laptop to sleep. Unfortunately, I know nothing to very little about operating technicalities of computers. I would appreciate any sort of help!

EDIT: The attached file was not renamed to my user name. The second post is the attachment that has the name edited. Sorry!

A:BSOD computer randomly crashing overnight while in sleep mode

Oops, the attached file was not renamed. Here's the renamed file. Sorry about the double post.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/256019-bsod-computer-randomly-crashing-overnight-while-sleep-mode.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Please help!

System keeps crashing...

New error now, DRIVER IRQL LESS THAN OR EQUAL TO

Please, need some help, end of my tether here!!!

A:Computer BSOD - randomly crashing - DRIVER IRQL LESS THAN OR EQUAL TO

Duplicate thread http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...need-help.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/96288-computer-bsod-randomly-crashing-driver-irql-less-than-equal.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Vista amp Home Premium bit Processor Intel R Core TM CPU GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Radeon HD Series Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTek Computer INC Randomly Entire Start Freezes. Computer crashing crashing, browser button etc LEONITE MS C S Antivirus NoneClick to expand This started happening yesterday for no reason I start up my PC and everything loads fine Entire Computer Randomly Freezes. Start button crashing, browser crashing etc I then launch my browser and after a Entire Computer Randomly Freezes. Start button crashing, browser crashing etc few minutes of random browsing the browser hangs and then it grays out and I get the quot program is not responding quot thing but then I try to ctrl alt delete to launch the task manager to end it but it doesn t pop up It takes literally like minutes until the browser re-activates and then I am able to use ctrl alt delete and end it Then I go to restart the browser and it doesn t pop up I constantly double click it and then it decides to work a few minutes later resulting in multiple browsers to launch at the same time Sometimes when I m not so lucky the browser freezes and after a while THE ENTIRE COMPUTER freezes and I have no choice but to hold the button to restart it I restarted it in safe mode and it works completely fine after that Scratch that It ran fine in safe mode but messed up in safe mode w networking I ran Malware Bytes and Norton and found nothing harmful to the computer I also ran another virus scanner I found from another forum that they recommended can t remember the name since I uninstalled it Don t like multiple virus scanners installed at once but it came back with nothing either I even scanned in safe mode - nothing This recently started happening and I did nothing for this to happen The only thing abnormal I remember doing is having to restart the computer by holding the button when a game crashed and then when it asked me if I wanted to run Windows normally or not I assumed that the bottom choice was to run it normally because that s what it always was but I chose something else and didn t notice It was a blank screen for a few minutes then started loading as if it was booting for the first time I didn t know what was going on so I held the button again and ran Windows normally and it started doing this but I didn t really think nothing of it Don t have any add-ons installed this is a fresh just formatted computer restored to its factory settings Also I d like to add that my internet stops working while this is happening Also here is a Hijack this report Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C hp support hpsysdrv exe C hp KBD kbd exe C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAAnotif exe C WINDOWS RtHDVCpl exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update hpwuSchd exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared PIF B E DD - - c -B F- F FCA A PIFSvc exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files DAEMON Tools Lite DTLite exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static MOM exe C Users Steven AppData Local Google Update GoogleCrashHandler exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static CCC exe C Users Steven AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Steven AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Windows system rundll exe C Users Steven AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files Windows Live Contacts wlcomm exe C Users Steven AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Windows system NOTEPAD EXE C Users Steven AppData Local ... Read more

A:Entire Computer Randomly Freezes. Start button crashing, browser crashing etc

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/entire-computer-randomly-freezes-start-button-crashing-browser-crashing-etc.996132/
Relevancy 48.16%

as said in the title my computer keeps crashing at random points, sometimes when im on the internet or when i play music or whatever.... anyway i get the infamous blue screen with the following msg: STOP: 0x000000c5 (0x00000004, 0x00000002, 0x00000001 0x805505a1)

please, pretty please with a cherry on top help me

A:xp crashing randomly

just trying to keep this thread alive

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-crashing-randomly.597407/
Relevancy 48.16%

My farther PC keeps crashing randomly please can I ask someone if they could please look at the attached zip file to see if they can work out what is failing as i have tried everything..

THANKS

A:PC crashing randomly

2 minidumps crash with a hardware error.

1 minidump crashes with memory corruption.

Probably caused by faulty ram.

Go HERE and follow the instructions.

Regards Howard

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-crashing-randomly.37079/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello,

Dell XPS system here. OS has been installed a few months ago. Seems to crash randomly. Sometimes it can run fine for hours.
SFC does not find any issues. Ram test passed. SSD SMART checks out. Including logs. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

A:PC Keeps Crashing Randomly.

Hi fishstick98 and welcome to sevenforums, I hope you'll enjoy your stay here!

Looked at your dmp files and the latest BSOD was caused probably by outdated USB drivers, so I would recommend you to install and run this:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/dow...pdate-Utility-

Cheers!
Boris

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/388360-pc-keeps-crashing-randomly.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi all My PC has been giving :( keeps PC randomly Please crashing - help me problems for a while now ever since the PSU blew up and Please help - PC keeps crashing randomly :( took the mobo with it a couple of months ago Replaced them both and ever since the PC has crashed during many programs especially mpeg encoding and thrown up BSODs agogo Just replaced the graphics card mobo Please help - PC keeps crashing randomly :( again and memory and done a clean install of xp pro and although those problems seem to have disappeared now the PC will restart for seemingly no reason no BSOD i can see just restarts randomly Since my most recent upgrades games GTA SA and Far Cry will freeze no sound graphics stop and no response from mouse or k b for a few seconds and then continue normally They also sometimes just crash back to desktop or throw up a quot critical exception quot error box Doom displays similar crashes often during level loading but doesn t seem to suffer from the freezing Also IE crashes more often than i think it should with mshtml dll or jscript dll errors As I say the problems seem completely random A friend came to visit me for a couple of days st- rd and we played games watched films browsed the net etc with not a single problem then I ve had loads in the last couple of days and today only a couple I ve tried changing the graphics drivers tried and tried a different HD retried my old graphics card and moved the new memory to different slots and the problems persist I ve built a system for a friend using the same mobo RAM and OS and he has no probs Can someone please help me out with this problem as it s VERY annoying Many thanks El Bubsio System specs - ASUS A V X-X mobo replacing ASRock K VT A VIA in drivers Athlon XP barton MB RAM new and x MB old not sure if damaged or not GB Seagate HD new IDE cable and VIA IDE accelerator drivers installed ASUS N GT TOP graphics card drivers tried as above Onboard SoundMAx Sound Conexant ADSL PCI modem currently in PCI slot NEC A DVD writer JeanTech Phong case x mm fans W Super Flower PSU a on v rail Windows XP pro with SP and all updates I can find error files in event viewer but which ones should i post here there s a lot - about in the last days nbsp

A:Please help - PC keeps crashing randomly :(

my compaq done that last year for a few weeks but somehow it sorted its self out, but now its doing it again so i sent it to get repaired cause i am to busy to fix it myself. hope you get it sorted out. cant really give you any info to help cause i never done anything to my computer to get it working again it just started working itself.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/please-help-pc-keeps-crashing-randomly.28120/
Relevancy 48.16%

I've owned my XPS 700 (running XP) for I think two years now, and lately I crash randomly when I'm in a game. What happens is my screen goes blank (monitor even pops up the no signal square in the middle) and my computer fans start going really hard and everything just locks up. If I had audio, it's looping.

When I try to boot up after the crash, there's a high chance my screen won't come back. For some reason when it doesn't come back, my computer turns off very quickly as opposed to having to hold the button for 5+ seconds.

I've talked to a friend about this and he suspects a problem with my video cards or motherboard. I updated my drivers and I still have the same problem.

Any help is appreciated.

A:XPS 700 Randomly Crashing

I've encountered a similar problem before with my last motherboard. It turned out that the northbridge chip (which is responsible for controlling the video card and ram) was overheating and causing the computer to lock up; the monitor displayed a no signal message. I think that maybe the reason the video isn't coming back right away is because the northbridge is still hot (computer is protecting itself from damage).

Gaming is taxing on computer hardware, especially if the computer is dusty on the inside or the cooling is inadequate. The good news is that many companies manufacture aftermarket coolers, even for northbrige chips. If this is a heat issue, you will most likely be able to fix it with a new cooler and a tube of high-performance thermal compound, like Arctic Silver 5 or Tuniq TX-2.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/xps-700-randomly-crashing.133886/
Relevancy 48.16%

My PC is crashing since Nov- it s a random crash from to times a day it happens most of the time when I m playing Everquest or also when I send a job to my printer Canon and sometimes when im using Photoshop I used this problem as an excuse to upgrade a little bit my system so while I was trying to fix this problem I proceed to change -My processor Pent gt GHZ by Pent D gt GHZ -Motherboard Abit V for ECS P M PROM VIA -Video card Nvidia FX by Nvidia FX Kbs -HDD SATA - Gbs by Western Digital SATA - Gbs -SATA IDE and the rest of PC randomly crashing the cables thag i found - Watts PSU by a PC crashing randomly Watts PSU -DDR Memory for DDR Memory -I Reload my Windows XP Pro on the new HDD and i have all the last patches from microsoft The error code that I see on the blue screen when it crash is quot MACHINE CHECK EXCEPTION quot x C and then the memory starts a dumping process counting up to I think and starting form I m not able to identify which is exactly my problem and even Microsoft was unable to help me cause they didnt know they only have a very generic or wide open answer I check temperatures and my HDD is running at F Cent and the Processor at Cent degrees I ran diagnostic software quot CheckIt quot a utility that comes in the Norton package anfd CPU HDD Memory graphics etc everything is working fine Please help i don t know what else to change or do the only thing that i keep from my old PC is de DVD burner but its working fine so please help I forgot I also run a checkdisk f and r from DOS for the HDD and well it keeps crashing I also check under device manager and I dont have any conflict My memories are identical and Kingston brand Thanks in advance ofr your help nbsp

MSKB329284

Wow, it sure seems like you have done everything - you changed motherboards, RAM, video, HDs, PSUs, and the CPU and the problem still occurs? There's nothing left but the case - are you ensuring you have plenty of front-to-back air flow? Are you sure you do not have any extra motherboard stand-offs (those brass screws that screw into the case, that then are used to mount the motherboard) under the board causing problems?

Although 60°C for the CPU is where I start to get a little nervous, it should not be causing your problems, as long as those temps are when the system is being pushed.

Although I would not expect dirty power to give you those errors, but since there's just not much left to be causing this, have you tried running off a good UPS with AVR (automatic voltage regulation)? If you live in an apartment, or some place where you are not getting good stable power, if nothing else, the UPS will clean that up - which is good anyway.

You might try pulling all unnecessary hardware - opticals, extra HDs, all but one stick of RAM, USB devices, etc. and try running like that for awhile - especially anything that came from your old system.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-crashing-randomly.74498/
Relevancy 48.16%

It started like hours ago everytime I get into a My keeps randomly crashing pc browser or anything it just crashes like it got turned off Here's the log Logfile of Trend My pc keeps crashing randomly Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Windows System smss exe C Windows system csrss exe C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system csrss exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgrsx exe C Windows system services exe C Windows system lsass exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system winlogon exe C Windows system svchost exe C Windows system svchost exe C Windows System svchost exe C Windows system Ati evxx exe C Windows System svchost exe C Windows System svchost exe C Windows system svchost exe C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe C Windows system svchost exe C Windows system Ati evxx exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe C Program Files Acer Arcade Live Acer HomeMedia Connect Kernel DMS CLMSServer exe C Acer Empowering Technology ePerformance MemCheck exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Acer Empowering Technology eDataSecurity eDSService exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared PIF B E DD - - c -B F- F FCA A PIFSvc exe C Windows system svchost exe C Program Files CyberLink Shared Files RichVideo exe C Windows system svchost exe C Program Files ThreatFire TFService exe C Windows System svchost exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Acer Empowering Technology eRecovery eRecoveryService exe C Windows system WUDFHost exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Windows RtHDVCpl exe C Acer Empowering Technology SysMonitor exe C Acer Empowering Technology eDataSecurity eDSloader exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared PIF B E DD - - c -B F- F FCA A PIFSvc exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static MOM EXE C Program Files ThreatFire TFTray exe C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Acer Arcade Live Acer HomeMedia Connect Kernel DMS PCMMediaSharing exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office ONENOTEM EXE C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Acer Empowering Technology eRecovery ERAGENT EXE C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Windows system wuauclt exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe C Program Files Windows Live Messenger usnsvc exe C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI ACE Core-Static CCC exe C Windows system conime exe C Program Files Opera Opera exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmplayer exe C Program Files Common Files DVDVideoSoft FreeStudioManager exe C Program Files iMesh Applications iMesh iMesh exe C Windows system msiexec exe C Program Files Steam Steam exe C Windows System svchost exe C Users BreaK-Q AppData Local Opera Opera profile cache temporary download RSIT exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis BreaK-Q exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http search imesh com intl R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost O - BHO A... Read more

A:My pc keeps crashing randomly

Hello and welcome to TSF.

HijackThis is no longer the preferred initial analysis tool in this forum.

We want all our members to perform the steps outlined in the link given below, before posting for assistance. There's a sticky at the top of this forum, and a
Quote:

Having problems with spyware and pop-ups? First Steps

link at the top of each page.

Please follow our pre-posting process outlined here:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50/...lp-305963.html

After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs. Please post them in a new topic, as this one shall be closed.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/my-pc-keeps-crashing-randomly-411498.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi there, I have no idea what is causing my PC to crash however it started recently. I don't get a BSOD and nothing appears in the event viewer, my computer just hangs and I am forced to restart it. This tends to happen after it's been in use for a while, though at times I've barely had it on for 10 minutes and it has happened, and thusfar won't happen again for a good 8 hours. I think we can rule out overheating, I've regularly checked the temperatures and they've been absolutely fine, I have good cooling.

My specs:

Win XP
Asus P5N-E SLI 650
Intel Core 2 Duo E6550 2.33GHz
GeForce 260 GTX
OCZ 600w ATX2 PSU
Creative X-Fi 7.1 Sound Card

Thanks for any help guys :)

If you have anything OCed, set clock settings to factory default. Temperature is not the only factor related to stability in a CPU/GPU and it's best to immediately bring such down in order to better ascertain if it was the OCing or not.

Can you recall anything recent you did or any patterns? Have you installed anything recently, altered anything on the PC or hooked up any new devices or installed new hardware?

Also, describe how it hangs. Is it an increasing instability where things freeze to eventually nothing? Does anything respond to you (mouse, keyboard)? Does Ctrl+Alt+Del work?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/pc-crashing-randomly-553785.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello all!

I have a thorny issue that I can't point a finger at!

Desktop randomly crashes. Especially when running Firefox or IE8?

I have attached the following BSOD.txt file logs & Speccy link: http://speccy.piriform.com/results/ih1UXM0EnNEjkKozp73STtd

Attached is my BSOD.txt file

ME{

Starting to think its either bad ram or hard disk.

}
Hp Media Center m7067c

Thank-you

A:Xp Randomly Crashing

Hi -This is a direct quote from Microsoft XP BSOD help area -BCCode: 19 0x00000019 BAD_POOL_HEADER (Your problem) - Check this thread for information on using BlueScreenView (already done)MyEventViewer, and other methodsto troubleshoot BlueScreens - top 3 replies (+1 other).http://social.answers.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/w7repair/thread/c675b7b8-795f-474d-a1c4-6b77b3fcd990------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------That could be drivers although antivirus/antispyware/security programs and other hardware are also probable causes. Updating the major drivers and BIOS would be the best plan ofattack.ONLY IF NEEDED - If needed also try uninstalling your antivirus/security as a test.BCCode: 19 0x00000019 <-- read this linkhttp://www.faultwire.com/solutions-fatal_error/BAD-POOL-HEADER-0x00000019-*1040.html?order=dateRun the Driver Verifier to see if that determines the cause (good idea to update BIOS and all majordrivers so see the next section for those methods).You can disable Driver Verifierhttp://support.microsoft.com/kb/244617Start - type in Search box -> verifier /reset hit enter to disableHow To Troubleshoot Driver Problems in Windows Vista or 7.http://www.winvistaclub.com/t79.htmlUsing Driver Verifier -http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ff554113(v=VS.85).aspxHow to use Windows Driver Verifier Manager to Troubleshoot & Identify Driver Issues You only list one BSOD, is this all that you have had, or just all that was recorded ??Post back once you try these steps given - EDIT - Speccy reports No Antivirus installed, but this is often a False reading. Can you please clarify this -Thank You -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/458691/xp-randomly-crashing/
Relevancy 48.16%

AGGG I just bought a new pc from my sister She has barely used it and not installed anything on it It already had XP on it so I deleted her old documents etc and then continued to install a couple of progams music etc After a while when just looking through directorys it crashed This started happening frequently randomly XP crashing then after a while I would startup and XP would hang without me even doing anything Provided with the PC was a 'reload' cd which would return the PC to 'out-of-factory' condition I ran this and it got back to basic I decided this time not to install anything or put anything on the hd to see what happened Unfortunetly this problem keeps ocurring I'm OK browsing the web etc just not when I do anything else Its a anthon xp ghz Ram Setup Primary master Hard Drive Primary slave none Secondry master CDrw nd slv DVD Not sure if this has anything to do with it but anything would be a help I wouldnt mind XP randomly crashing formatting the drive but not sure how because I cant find how to create a startup disk which would let me format the C drive Any advice welcome Thanks Tino

A:XP randomly crashing

First off, I'd attempt to eliminate hardware as a source of the problems before spending a lot of time reinstalling. Have you opened it up, reseated all the cables, cards, memory, and the like? Have you checked to see that the processor fan is running, and the heatsink is properly attached? If it has a system monitor utility, check the operating temperatures of the processor and see if it's in the 40's idling, any more and that's a potential problem.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-randomly-crashing-4805.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I know this is a long shot but I'm running out of ideas. Didn't know where else to post this so thought I'd try here. We have a couple PCs that crash randomly. The cause of the crashes appear to be pcxset.exe, which is a softphone app for 3com NBX systems. We have an office of users who use the pcxset app softphone. PCs are running XP sp 3, although it has happened on sp2 as well. The app event lists the faulting app as pcxset.exe, and the faulting module as either ntdll.dll or spengine.dll.

There is a dr. watson log also that lists this:

"The application, C:\Program Files\3COM\NBX\NBX pcXset\pcxset.exe, generated an application error The error occurred on 06/01/2010 @ 13:47:05.155 The exception generated was c0000005 at address 7C91B21A (ntdll!RtlpWaitForCriticalSection)"

Any ideas are much appreciated!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-crashing-randomly-by-nbx.927986/
Relevancy 48.16%

Ok so I built a pc for my friend about a year or so ago About months ago his room mate at the time pretty much killed it by being stupid So I reformated it and tested Crashing Randomly it for a few hours and didn't have any problems I give it back to him and he tells me that he is still having the same issue I am here now and Windows is crashing completly randomly I was going to start by going into msconfig and unchecking certain boot files and seeing which one s caused it to crash The only problem is it crashes periodically on each one if with safe mode sometimes It generally crashes at about the time the Windows XP logo appears full screen but not always If the pc runs long enough it will crash pretty randomly then too The blue screen if there even is one flashes so quick that I can't read what it says So I really don't know where to go from here any help would deffinately be appreciated update I have managed to catch a little of the BSOD flashes and so far I have caught these key words driver Crashing Randomly irql not less or equal ntfs sys I really don't know much about IRQs and solving this problem everything I have tried hasn't really gotten me anywhere I managed to start the computer once and get a list of all the used IRQs from the device manager this was with pretty much all of the onboard perphrials serial port parrallel port nic card etc turned off in BIOS Windows XP Pro SP AMD Athlon WD Caviar SE Gbps SATA Abit KN Mobo Nvidia Geforce GT Gig Ram x dual channel

A:Crashing Randomly

UPDATE
=======================
So after some messing around I finnally got desperate and decided to pull out the RAM module from the second slot of the mobo.

With all services, startup, drivers and everything else loaded I couldn't get this thing to crash now.

So I then decided to swap the modules out by putting the one that I removed from the second slot (we will call this RAM2) into slot 1 and leaving slots 2-4 open. I didn't have any problem starting it up, but I realized that the first thing caused this particular problem today was when my friend tried to copy all his music from his dad's computer. So I let that run for a while to see if it would mess up after some heavier RAM usage (the heat spreader or RAM2 was surprisingly warm when I took it out the first time). So I let the files copy did a few things, smoked a cig and about 20 minutes later I checked on it and it was still running smooth. I then went to shut it down and BLUE SCREEN.

I decided to run the same test on RAM1 (the module that was orrigionally in slot 1) by installing only RAM1 and copying the files. I let it run for the same amount of time (roughly) and couldn't get it to crash.

At this point, it is my assumption that I probably have a problem with RAM2

I then try to install the 2 sticks back in their origional configuration (RAM1 in slot 1, RAM2 in slot 2). Now on startup, windows gives me this error message. . .

"Windows could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt:
\windows\system32\config\system"

I pulled RAM2 back out and it works fine again.

So my question is, is there a way to test and be sure that it is a problem with RAM2 and why am I getting the corrupt system file message when I run them dual now?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/crashing-randomly-191610.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Last night I was on my computer and it randomly crashed while I was playing Outlast (lol kind of scared me thought it was the game) and I just thought it was the outlet at my friends house because we had a lot of things plugged in and it would make sense. But then the next morning I was playing Dead Space 3 and it crashed again. So I switched outlets and it worked fine. Then when I came back home, about 5 mins ago I was playing Gmod and it crashed again. So there is obviously something wrong. Idk what though. It seems like what happens is it just shuts off completely, then only my light on my power button comes on. My keyboards back light stays off. I have to manually shut it off and back on again to get my computer working. If you could help me it would be great.

A:PC Randomly Crashing

Two things come to mind.  First, how stable is your home power?  If it occasionally flickers, that could be the problem.  Next is a UPS aka battery backup.  They stabilize the power going into your PC and provide several minutes of backup power whenever there's a blip in the house current.  They also provide surge protection.  The next thing is heat.  Have you checked your computer's temperatures?  I use SpeedFan, but there're others.  The core temps should be under 50 degrees C.  If they get much over that, the computer could shut itself down to prevent damage.  If that's your problem, you should get a can of compressed gas and blow the dust out.

Good luck.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/536809/pc-randomly-crashing/
Relevancy 47.73%

Hello Forum,

I have the following issues -

1. First received the message on the computer from MS informing that we had an error - went to view details it said that we had a Error 1033. I went and pushed the button to get MS to fix this issue - but continually receive the message that I have the same problem.

2. The time that I rebooted - I noticed in place of the CPU gadgets that i have on my desktop that all MS gadgets had crashed. Again a fix did not work.

3. Internet Explorer is not working and the tabs keep crashing.

I did go onto the MS webpage and ran SFC and posting the pics from the results. I am unsure as to what other information or where to go to try and fix this issue.

I have tried everything prior to posting. I am not sure if any snips from Event Viewer may assist.

Thank you

A:BSOD Error 1033 - Internet Explorer crashing - Gadgets crashing

Run this in cmd: findstr /c:"[SR]" %windir%\logs\cbs\cbs.log >sfcdetails.txt
And attach the sfcdetails.txt here

For BSOD, we have an entire section for it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/373633-bsod-error-1033-internet-explorer-crashing-gadgets-crashing.html
Relevancy 47.3%

hello so for awhile some of my programs have been randomly crashing i would recieve constant notifications like quot lt insert program here gt has crashed send information quot and i would just hit cancel ignoring it but recently Programs crashing randomly keep i purchased battlefront and the game crashes minutes In i looked around and it said to look in the event viewer so i did and it said Faulting application name ActivationUI exe version time stamp x f e dcFaulting module name SafeGuard dll Programs keep randomly crashing unloaded version time stamp x a Exception code xc Fault offset x f c Faulting process id xbacFaulting application start time Programs keep randomly crashing x d c c Faulting application path C PROGRA ORIGIN STARWA Core ActivationUI exeFaulting module path SafeGuard dllReport Id fe f d- - e - - d c a eand I looked at some other errors and they all had the same thing called Safeguard dll or Safeguard dll in the faulting module name Here are some more pastesFaulting application name GfExperienceService exe version time stamp x fa aFaulting module name SafeGuard dll unloaded version time stamp x fException code xc Fault offset x fef cb bFaulting process id x bcFaulting application start time x d c bc bFaulting application path C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation GeForce Experience Service GfExperienceService exeFaulting module path SafeGuard dllReport Id b db b - - e - - d c a eFaulting application name AAM Updates Notifier exe version time stamp x bddFaulting module name SafeGuard dll unloaded version time stamp x a Exception code xc Fault offset x cFaulting process id x ea Faulting application start time x d c f fe eFaulting application path C Program Files x Common Files Adobe OOBE PDApp UWA AAM Updates Notifier exeFaulting module path SafeGuard dllReport Id b e f - - e - - d c a eFaulting application name SkypeUpdateEx exe version time stamp x cd Faulting module name SafeGuard dll unloaded version time stamp x fException code xc Fault offset x fef bFaulting process id x f Faulting application start time x d c dbc be Faulting application path C Program Files x SkypeUpdateEx SkypeUpdateEx exeFaulting module path SafeGuard dllReport Id dc b - - e - - d c a eFaulting application name Programs keep randomly crashing SkypeC CAutoUpdateSvc exe version time stamp x f Faulting module name SafeGuard dll unloaded version time stamp x a Exception code xc Fault offset x ee c Faulting process id x Faulting application start time x d c a e Faulting application path C Program Files x Skype Toolbars AutoUpdate SkypeC CAutoUpdateSvc exeFaulting module path SafeGuard dllReport Id de c b- c - e -ba f- d c a eFaulting application name wermgr exe version time stamp x a bc f Faulting module name SafeGuard dll unloaded version time stamp x fException code xc Fault offset x fef bFaulting process id xde Faulting application start time x d c abb a a Faulting application path C Windows system wermgr exeFaulting module path SafeGuard dllReport Id b c - f- e -ba f- d c a eif anyone has information of how to fix this any help would be appreciated Computer Specs OS Name nbsp nbsp nbsp Microsoft Windows Home PremiumVersion nbsp nbsp nbsp Service Pack Build OS Manufacturer nbsp nbsp nbsp Microsoft CorporationSystem Name nbsp nbsp nbsp LOGGERSystem Manufacturer nbsp nbsp nbsp Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd System Model nbsp nbsp nbsp GA- LMT-USB System Type nbsp nbsp nbsp x -based PCProcessor nbsp nbsp nbsp AMD FX tm - Six-Core Processor Mhz Core s Logical Processor s BIOS Version Date nbsp nbsp nbsp Award Software International Inc F SMBIOS Version nbsp nbsp nbsp Windows Directory nbsp nbsp nbsp C WindowsSystem Directory nbsp nbsp nbsp C Windows system Boot Device nbsp nbsp nbsp Device HarddiskVolume Locale nbsp nbsp nbsp United StatesHardware Abstraction Layer nbsp nbsp nbsp Version quot quot User Name nbsp nbsp nbsp LOGGER OwnerTime Zone nbsp nbsp nbsp Pacific Daylight TimeInstalled Physical Memory RAM nbsp nbsp nbsp GBTotal Physical Memory ... Read more

A:Programs keep randomly crashing

This is not a direct answer. The first item you listed was ActivationUI.exe Which leas to this:QuoteOverview of ActivationUI.exeWhat Is ActivationUI.exe?ActivationUI.exe is a type of EXE file associated with SimCity developed by Electronic Arts, Inc. for the Windows Operating System. The latest known version of ActivationUI.exe is 1.0.0.0, which was produced for Windows. This EXE file carries a popularity rating of 1 stars and a security rating of "UNKNOWN".http://www.solvusoft.com/en/files/error-virus-removal/exe/windows/electronic-arts-inc/simcity/activationui-exe/The reference above suggests that the file may have been infected with a virus that your computer received. However, that is not certain. You should d a full virus scan.

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,156498.0.html
Relevancy 47.3%

My computer randomly crashes fairly often after the fan begins to surge The first several times it came as a memory dump but then it simply turned off with no error message When I restart it gives the option to start in safe mode but I rarely do unless I can t have it crash again It often happens while running videos I found a post that said that it was probably a bad memory cell so I replaced upgraded my memory but it still happens if not more often At this point windows explorer is running faster than normal and every time I shut down vista installs four updates At first I thought it was weird that they kept putting out updates at this point I realize that they are the same updates What I can figure out at this point is that it is either a problem with my motherboard s circuits having a short or vista having something wrong computer My randomly keeps crashing. w it nbsp

Relevancy 47.3%

Hello, I'm having trouble with random crashes while playing games. I have a nvidia 6800gs video card with the latest driver, I have also tried using older drivers but with no success. I have recently been wondering if it could be a problem with my power supply its an Eagle ATX500w can anybody tell me if they are any good? When it crashes I some times get the blue screen message 'nv4_disp.dll is caught in an infinite loop' also the fan often changes speed when its abot to stop. I hope someone can help me with this annoying problem.

A:Games randomly crashing

I found a solution: http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=4432

p.s use the Alternative Server to download the file.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/games-randomly-crashing.62897/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello all crashing New computer randomly I purchased the system about weeks ago On the first night the sytem freezes says it ran into an error and restarts Happened two more times after it I looked online and it said to refresh your PC and I New computer crashing randomly did All went smooth from there Tonight the system just shuts off by itself When I turn it on it gives me about - beeps and it doesn't turn on I take out the adapter from the back then turn it on to be able to turn it on At any given the time the screen can go green like the matrix on the bottom and freeze I tried a Reset not a refresh and same bleep is happening I downloaded updates now didn't even get to install them computer ran into an error The error now is about kernel I must say this that I have NOT downloaded any bad programs I only had Skype and Chrome installed Never visted a bad website never did anything bad that lets a virus in My problem is since I bought it weeks ago in Saudi Arabia I moved back to Lebanon and brought the computer with me Will my warranty be working in another country Im running a check disk from command prompt but I doubt it will help So what the heck is going on I have been sold a faulty computer What's my best options here I paid alot of money for the thing and didn't last a week Please help on what I can do to fix this My system is the Acer AZ All in One System Windows GB DDR memory Intel Core i - processor TB drive Errors that I've seen Kernel errors memory errors freezes and computer will make a noise till you shut it off green on the screen like the matrix automatic restarts

A:New computer crashing randomly

only 2 weeks old ,under warranty ,take it back to where you bought it

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/498937/new-computer-crashing-randomly/
Relevancy 47.3%

Win -bit Home premium Full retail version all hardware less then three months OS Win7 64-bit crashing randomly installation is less then three months My machine is based off the i k sandybridge Intel CPU It's currently overclocked but I've had this BSOD problem on standard non Win7 64-bit crashing randomly clocked speeds The machine can go for several days before a BSOD but a BSOD is always inevitable the problem started only a few days after I built this system and installed win -bit At first I suspected memory but some memory test revealed all was fine not sure trustworthy these tests can be I would say the only thing not odinary about my machine is that I run raid off two corsair SSD drives Another oddity about the blue screen of death is when I power down the system and power it back on my raid controller does not see any raid configuration and halts after a second reboot it discovers it and boots fine I've seen this happen about ten times

A:Win7 64-bit crashing randomly

There are no minidumps being created. The reason is that you don't have your pagefile on the OS drive. Your OS is installed on the C: drive and the pagefile is on the D: drive. Without looking at the minidumps it's real hard to tell what's going on.

I did see two bugchecks. They were both:
STOP 0x000000F4: CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION
Have you tried not running in a RAID configuration?

On a side note, I noticed a lot of failed windows updates. Make sure you have all the latest updates installed. If it is giving you an error let me know what it is.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/160823-win7-64-bit-crashing-randomly.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I ll preface this with computer information and the fact that this laptop is about almost years old now Operating System Windows AMD A - APU Radeon HD GHz Installed Memory GB G usable Bit Operating System So the problem Its a bit two-sided one being I wasn t entirely sure where this problem should be mentioned and secondly that I cannot figure out at all what s Laptop Randomly Crashing going on For the past three weeks or so my computer has randomly yes randomly crashed on me Several times it will immediately restart itself while very rarely it will blue-screen Since the first two incidents I ve taken to considering its not a coincidence and tried my best as a completely dunce regarding computers to monitor what might be the problem My investigations have included checking my anti-virus for any outlandish attacks or strangely detected files finding nothing out of the ordinary or dangerous and monitoring my CPU usage and Memory which has caught some of my attention First the crashes happen regardless if my memory and or CPU is at high usage or not I ve seen it crash out at moderate use and even no use at all I even had the thing restart on me when I had closed all applications and walked away for two minutes one time Stranger still is when the computer restarts itself I somehow come out with GBs less of total memory than what I normally should have which should be GB before a Laptop Randomly Crashing sudden restart and GB afterwards When I check my resource manager I notice that those GBs Laptop Randomly Crashing somehow wind up in the Hardware Reserved area which should normally only be at MB and no discernable source as to what s demanding that much memory Completely shutting my computer off after these episodes tend to fix the problem but its still a hassle to have the thing restart on me without a moment s notice So I suppose my ultimate question is if anyone s got any ideas as to how I can figure out the source of these crashes or if they might just be due to the fact my laptop might be getting a bit old and it might just be an internal issue rather than some malicious program Any help is appreciated and if I need to provide more information do ask nbsp

A:Laptop Randomly Crashing

First check to see if automatic restart in unchecked.
Press the Windows flag key + R and in the run open field type: sysdm.cpl (press enter)
Click on the Advanced tab.
Under Startup and Recovery click on Settings.
Under System failure insure that the box next to Automatically restart is unchecked.Click to expand...

Next, please post the dmp files from the BSOD.
BSOD Posting Instructions:
1. Create a new folder on the desktop and call it bsod or whatever you like.
2. Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump and copy the last few .dmp files to the folder on the desktop. (No Shortcuts)
3. Close the folder on the desktop and right click on it, select Send to &#8594; Compressed (zipped) Folder.
4. Back on the forum attach the folder by using the “Go Advanced” button under the Reply box.
5. Click the paperclip at the top of the editor window.
6. Click the “Choose File” button and browse to your zipped folder, double click on it.
7. Click on “Upload” Click to expand...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-randomly-crashing.1152312/
Relevancy 47.3%

hi there i have some issues here i had alot of black outs that killed my old PSU and GPU which was Geforce gtx from Gigabyte i replace them with Geforce GTX from XFX and AcBel R W after that i notice that the win 's AERO turn off often which never happened to me before with this build since i crashing randomly Aero had it and i had it for years allready Aero randomly crashing i thought to myself that it probably issue with my OS and because i planed to format anyway i thought that i have nothing to worry then i reinstall Mass Effect to finish its DLCs before will come out and saw that the game crash for me with TDRs and black screens i played ME two years ago with that pc and had no issues at all i tried to change my driver which was the beta to other old drivers i tested the which usually was stable for my older gtx card Aero randomly crashing and the issue still was there i tried more drivers and still no luck then i formatted and notice that the pc working a bit slower at some parts and after each mins Aero randomly crashing my Aero was turning off again before i install any drivers it never happened to me in this pc with my old GPU and PSU and i formatted it really alot after that i installed the driver again for a test and let win to test my system points and in the middle of the test my driver crash and when i tried it again i got black screens and had to forcely turn off my pc after that i fully delete the and installed the beta again the sudden aero issues stops and win test my hardware without TDR or BOSD But again when i play different games i get ton of TDRs i never get such number with my old gtx what do you think it is guys maybe it my CPU does Gigabye was way better then XFX we talking here about the total same cards it just other brand help my build OS WIN BIT ULTIMATE Motherbord Asus P P D with last Bios version v i never OC and never quot played quot with the bios settings GPU Geforce GTX mb GDDR from XFX the GV-N - I-B rev version you can see more info here http forums nvidia attach id CPU INTEL I RAM Patriot memory EL serise GB x means i have GB ram PSU AcBel R W HDDs WESTERN DIGITAL Caviar Black TB RPM MB SATA III WD FAEX WESTERN DIGITAL GB WD AAJS- PSA Western Digital WD KS- MJB CPU Fan EVERCOOL Buffalo PC Case Thermaltake M Mouse SteelSeries Sensei Monitor Dell U REV A

A:Aero randomly crashing

Thanks for the replay . However I 100% sure that it hardware issue and not driver issue, I never OC my system and I not plan to do it too. By BSOD I meant to black screens and not blue... does it count? , it happened mostly because of the video driver , I think that it hint that the driver is not getting along with this video card..

Btw my pc is reformatted again atm and I don't have either the log anymore and still not install any program on it so i don't think that I can send the file atm..

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/213247-aero-randomly-crashing.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hey guys So I've been dealing with this issue for a while now I got the point where I said muck it and went to my laptop for months and just ingnored the issue but now I'm really wanting to get it Computer Randomly crashing fixed The problem is my computer crashes on me randomly There's been a lot done leading to where I'm at now so I'll explain what I've done so far - Computer was showing a blank screen replaced video card Turns out the monitor died on me at the same time replaced monitor - Computer Randomly crashing Image came back on screen and was able to run everything normally Computer crashes - Did a complete format of the HD and reinstalled windows I'd run a lot of virus scans etc and cleared out a ton of junk from my HD previous to getting to this step and nothing seemed to work - Finally new windows installed logged in Crashed - Tested both x gb ram sticks individually and in different slots while running windows memory diagnostic Diagnostic made it past both times then crashed ruled out bad ram bad ram slots - Ran windows memory diagnostic with HD unplugged Crashed around again - Ran crystal disk info to check HD Caution message with bad sector located - CPU temp hovering around - degrees At this point I'm not sure what the problem could be but I'm leaning towards the mother board being mucked or the power supply Could also be the CPU though the fans in my case are running and this continues to happen even with the sides of the case off giving lots of cool air My next steps are to do a good dusting of processor ps fan I don't think its a dust issue but maybe it could be a bit cooler Anyone have any advide on where I should go from here I usually just throw money at the problem but If I can find out what the problem is exactly maybe I can save a few bucks Thanks and looking forward to your replies PS windows has yet to crash in safe mode

A:Computer Randomly crashing

just a little update. cleaned fans out, ran core temp and still getting same readings. Still crashes.

took both sticks of ram out. heard 3 beet pattern so I put the ram back in.

Tried booting to windows and now it wont even let me enter safe mode, crashes 10 sec into turning computer on. If it was a power supply issue could mode some how prevent it from crashing from that? seems weird.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/391852-computer-randomly-crashing.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi all, and thank you for your time.

I had bought new computer and having problems all the time... cant figure what is going on... it freezes when playing games, doing schoolwork or even when just browsing the internet. Sometimes with BSOD, sometimes it freezes and i have to restart it, sometimes it just restarts itself...

Here are my dump files. Tnx for help.

A:Windows 7 crashing randomly

The processor, actually .....

Code:
Processor AMD FX(tm)-6300 Six-Core Processor, 3500 Mhz, 3 Core(s), 6 Logical Processor(s)
The processor, at work ....

Code:
CP F/M/S Manufacturer MHz
2 21,2,0 AuthenticAMD 3762
And overclocking is a foremost cause of stop 0x124.

As you are getting BSODs, you should stop overclocking and run all the hardware components like CPU, GPU and RAM to their default settings. See how it runs at the stock hardware settings.

Let us know.

Code:
BugCheck 124, {0, fffffa80081af688, 0, 0}

Probably caused by : AuthenticAMD

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/362537-windows-7-crashing-randomly.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I reformatted my computer a couple weeks ago in order to install my new 40GB SSD drive and ever since, my computer has been randomly crashing. It has never happened when I was actually using it, but it has happened a couple times when I'm sitting next to it. It seems to just shut off and come back on. When it turns back on, I get this dialog...

A:Computer is Randomly Crashing

This sounds like a power supply problem. Is this a laptop that might be shutting down from excess heat or possibly a bad battery and/or charger?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/377270/computer-is-randomly-crashing/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello TSG I ve got a relatively new custom PC around months old and I have problems with it It was put together by the same shop that sold the randomly crashing. Computer parts It recently started to crash constantly at seemingly random times Sometimes it would run fine for days without any issues at other times it would crash once every day for a few days Even the cause isn t always the same It would either give me a BSoD or simply shut down without Computer randomly crashing. any message and restart itself It s been driving me crazy lately and I really hope that you can help me fix this issue SysInfo log Tech Support Guy System Computer randomly crashing. Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Professional Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - CPU GHz Intel Computer randomly crashing. Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card AMD Radeon HD Series Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd Z -D H Antivirus AVG Anti-Virus Updated and Enabled Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Computer randomly crashing.

What are the error codes that come up on the BSOD?

You may have to disable Automatic Restart to be able to view the error code.

http://pcsupport.about.com/od/windows7/ht/automatic-restart-windows-7.htm

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-randomly-crashing.1068072/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello all been having a very frustrating few months with Rogers ISP and randomly? crashing Internet trying to find a solution to my internet connectivity issues Let me describe what has been Internet crashing randomly? happening My internet at completely random of times drops and can take anywhere from minutes to reconnect or This may happen once a day this may happen times a day Totally different all the time Basically what happens is it I get the yellow triangle on my taskbar where the connection should be saying limited connectivity sometimes I get a complete red X going through it saying there is no connection It always reconnects at some point though I have replaced the modem as of yesterday and still having the issue have called guys in to dig up the wires and replace them Have had multiple Internet crashing randomly? tech guy s from Rgers come and look into it but they don t really have a clue what they re doing Everything has been checked I am so frustrated with this Here Internet crashing randomly? is a copy of the ipconfig I just ran while it was down Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Matt gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name Matt-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Broadcast IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Physical Address -DA-E -C - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe af d e d Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained September- - PM Lease Expires September- - PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -E -A -FA- - F- - C- E-EE DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Tunnel adapter isatap A D- E- AB - B - A AD ECD Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes C Users Matt gt Do appreciate any insight on the matter all devices are experiencing this issue Thanks nbsp

Relevancy 47.3%

After performing a clean install from Windows 7 pro to Windows 8 pro I am getting crashes randomly. Whenever the computer switches on from sleep or rather when I start after turn off it crashes. Also when I switch on the charger it crashes. please help me.. BSOD file attached.

A:Windows 8 crashing randomly

Try to uninstall Avast if you have that installed!

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/11730-windows-8-crashing-randomly.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hey everyone,

I'm runnig Win7 x64 on a new system. The BSODs seem to appear randomly and I don't have any idea what it is.

Now I got the log files right here though I don't know how to open it and even if, I'd probably wouldn't know what they actually mean ^^

Maybe someone can help me out, I don't know what else to do

A:Win7 keeps on crashing randomly

Hi lak4i and Welcome.

STOP 0x00000034: CACHE_MANAGER
Usual causes: Insufficient physical memory, Indexing, Device driver

Your latest dump file (30 ‎January ‎2011, ‏‎14:45:48) blames Memory Corruption which usually indicates out of date Drivers or Bad Memory.
Old and incompatible drivers can and do cause issues with Windows 7, often giving false error codes.

As a Priority:

The sptd.sys driver is notorious for causing BSOD's with Windows 7. It's used by Daemon Tools /Alcohol 120 which you'll have to uninstall.
Then use the correct (32bit or 64bit) download from Duplex Secure - Downloads to uninstall the SPTD.SYS driver.
Make sure to select uninstall!
Virtual Drives
Some alternatives to DT/Alcohol that do not use SPTD.SYS (In no order).
DVDFab (Very small at just over 1Mb installed).
MagicDisc
PowerISO (The program is a trial but the drive emulation is free forever).

Outdated Drivers. Update:

nvlddmkm.sys Thu May 14 21:48:07 2009 nVidia Graphics Driver.

Drivers with Updates:

GEARAspiWDM.sys Mon May 18 13:17:04 2009 Gear Software CD-ROM Class Filter Driver

jraid.sys Wed Jan 27 08:58:17 2010 JMicron Raid Driver

nusb3hub.sys Mon Oct 26 14:19:44 2009
nusb3xhc.sys Mon Oct 26 14:19:48 2009 Update. Motherboard USB 3.0 drivers.

Rt64win7.sys Thu Mar 04 13:42:52 2010 Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller 7.037

RTKVHD64.sys Fri Mar 26 10:30:50 2010 Realtek HD Audio R2.57

Bugcheck Analysis
Code:
Loading Dump File [C:\DUMPS\lak4i\013011-20358-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

Symbol search path is: SRV*C:\SymCache*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7600 MP (4 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS
Built by: 7600.16617.amd64fre.win7_gdr.100618-1621
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`02c55000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`02e92e50
Debug session time: Sun Jan 30 13:44:00.424 2011 (UTC + 0:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 3:18:19.000
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 34, {50830, fffff88009e9d488, fffff88009e9ccf0, fffff80002cddbf7}

Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiPfnShareCountIsZero+77 )

---------

2: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

CACHE_MANAGER (34)
See the comment for FAT_FILE_SYSTEM (0x23)
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000050830
Arg2: fffff88009e9d488
Arg3: fffff88009e9ccf0
Arg4: fffff80002cddbf7

Debugging Details:
------------------
EXCEPTION_RECORD: fffff88009e9d488 -- (.exr 0xfffff88009e9d488)
ExceptionAddress: fffff80002cddbf7 (nt!MiPfnShareCountIsZero+0x0000000000000077)
ExceptionCode: c0000005 (Access violation)
ExceptionFlags: 00000000
NumberParameters: 2
Parameter[0]: 0000000000000000
Parameter[1]: ffffffffffffffff
Attempt to read from address ffffffffffffffff

CONTEXT: fffff88009e9ccf0 -- (.cxr 0xfffff88009e9ccf0)
rax=000fffffffffffff rbx=fffffa8000efa450 rcx=00b... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/143058-win7-keeps-crashing-randomly.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I recently built a new computer and have been having issues with it crashing. I have been unable to force this to happen to figure out what it is but I have been watching some type of video every time it has happened. It's not overheating as i have yet to even see any part of the computer hit over 40 C.

http://puu.sh/nVsiK/58e216d33a.jpg  (rather large picture so i didn't want to embed it.)

Upon the crash the sound locks up and skips, the screen turns blank, then it just restarts. The event view is showing this.

Error    3/26/2016 11:59:11 PM    WHEA-Logger    20    None

A fatal hardware error has occurred.
Component: AMD Northbridge
Error Source: Machine Check Exception
Error Type: HyperTransport Watchdog Timeout Error
Processor APIC ID: 0

The reading around I've done has been mainly saying to try to update the chipset drivers but I'm running windows 10 and that motherboard has no driver updates for it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/609069/computer-randomly-crashing/
Relevancy 47.3%

Software The software programs that are crashing are everything Firefox IE MSN AIM Solitaire Open Office etc OS Windows XP SP Home Edition Hardware Some HP stuff I don't think hardware is Crashing Programs Randomly relevant will explain below Programs all of a sudden started randomly crashing on this PC Nothing new was installed no hardware added etc I did attempt to uninstall Alcohol because I was done using it Programs Crashing Randomly to burn a linux iso I did a little research and this might be related to my problem I'm not sure Whenever I try to boot into safe mode it says quot Hit Esc to cancel loading of SPTD sys quot I don't know what this means I'm sure its bad I have scanned the entire PC with AVG in safe mode Upon hitting escape it continues on into safe mode I have tried scanning it with Spybot S amp D but it threw up errors about files missing and I tried lavasoft's Aw-aware SE but it won't stay open long enough to keep from crashing I've tried going back to my last good configuration but no dice Any ideas short of a format

A:Programs Crashing Randomly

Hello TruthElixirX, you may find this article of help http://www.techspot.com/vb/all/windo...e-crashes.html. BTW, even though it's directed at Daemon Tools the latest version of Alcohol 120% uses SPTD also.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/programs-crashing-randomly-184220.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I originally posted a thread about this on the games forum as i thought it was GTA that was causing my PC to crashing Computer randomly crash However it s now been happening randomly while I m just doing work on it What s happened is that I upgraded my mobo and CPU about - months ago Everything has been running fine until Friday when Computer crashing randomly my PC had its first momentous crash While I m using the puter it will suddenly freeze totally Nothing works not Ctrl-Alt-Del nothing The only thing I can do is hit the reset button I work from home and this has happenned four times today alone What s confusing me is that I have changed nothing about my PC for this to suddenly start happening I m not suddenly running any more demanding software and I m not expecting it to burn CDs run Unreal Tourney and juggle firesticks all at once Most of the time I m just trying to run Dreamweaver Excel and Word at the same time I ve given up trying to play games at all I ve checked my CPU temperature on start-up which seems fine about F Because I originally thought the problem was just with games I ve also installed the latest graphics card drivers and instaled DirectX None of this has helped I m running an Athlon XP CPU on an ECS mobo with MB of RAM and a GeForce MX card MB RAM I ve got a gig HD which is less than half-full I seriously need some help on this It doesn t take much to get me stumped when it comes to computers - so this is driving me crazy nbsp

Relevancy 47.3%

All my games keep randomly crashing while I am playing them. It doesn't ever do it at a specific point or anything. I also posted at crash report of one of the games, I don't know if it would help.

A:Games keep crashing randomly.

are your graphical drivers updated to the latest versions ?

have you tried cleaning the fans / made sure the ventilation works fine ?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/472666/games-keep-crashing-randomly/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi,

Sometimes when I am using my computer, it will suddenly crash for no reason. When it does, all desktop icons disappear, all start menu icons disappear, trying to open a drive in explorer causes the format dialog to appear and when I try to open task manager I get the following error:

The application failed to initialize properly (0xc000012d).

Can someone please help with this, I don't believe it is virus/malware related due to nothing found from a full scan of Avast, Malwarebytes and Spybot as well as nothing suspicious in msconfig startup or services.

Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 47.3%

Hello I've recently bought a new graphics card and everything went down from there Almost all keep randomly Most Games crashing the games that I play just randomly crash some crash after a minute with no warning or error displayed others after several minutes others after - hours I bought the MSI GeForce GTX GAMING Most Games keep randomly crashing OC GB DDR -bit and upgraded from an older AMD graphics card but the funny thing is everything worked on the older card on low or medium settings but every game worked without any issues My other specs are Sirtec High Power Element BRONZE II W PSU HyperX Savage GB DDR MHz RAM Procesor Intel Haswell Refresh Core i GHz box Hard disk Seagate Desktop HDD TB RPM MB SATA-III ASRock B M Pro Motherboard Nvidia Experience and other applications tell me that I can run pretty much anything on Ultra and High And everything I play stays at FPS smooth no stuttering nothing bad before crashing So what can the issue be So far I've uninstalled the latest Nvidia drivers and tried an older version the issue still persists I uninstalled Nvidia Experience as I've heard it can make games crash and underperform I underclocked the GPU I never overclocked it yet I even rebooted the windows to have everything fresh and it still happens I've looked through various applications like MSI Afterburner and MSI Gaming App there is nothing wrong with the GPU it works at normal parameters at least as far as I can tell

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/most-games-keep-randomly-crashing-4596968/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi all,

I've had some random crashing with my OS. I can't see any common trend but basically I'll be using the pc and then it will freeze, switch to a random colored pattern on the screen with lines running across. The BSOD error is not the same code but I think this may have something to do with my RAM.

I've attached the minidump files.

Specs:
CPU: intel i5-750
Motherboard: GA-P55-UD3R
RAM: G-Skill F3-12800CL9D-4GBRL (Ripjaws)
VCard: XFX ATI 5770HD 1GB

Any chance someone could assist please?

Thanks

A:Windows 7 64-Bit Crashing Randomly

Your .dmp file shows a Memory Management error... Download memtest86 and allow it to run for at least 5 passes... post your results..

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/64304-windows-7-64-bit-crashing-randomly.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi all I have an intermittent crash happening on average once a night When the crash occurs it manifests in one of a few different ways Screen goes black I see a blinking cursor like on a command line and then after a few seconds I see my post-BIOS loading screen The screen's graphics get corrupted and then it proceeds as in Randomly crashing Windows 7 Sound cuts out seconds later it proceeds as in Full screen video espn com or the like playing The Video freezes sound continues playing I can move the mouse cursor but not close any applications When I hit ctrl-alt-delete it goes to a blue Randomly crashing Windows 7 windows background and gets stuck on quot Preparing Security Options quot More info Full retail version Windows Home Premium bit Recently months installed this full retail Randomly crashing Windows 7 version where previously I was using an OEM version I don't recall these issues with the OEM version The install was on a new SSD Computer was built by me about years ago ish It has an AMD Phenom X p Processor Ghz and GB Ram I've tried to do some trouble shooting myself I looked in event logs and the only thing I could see was the computer Randomly crashing Windows 7 telling me that it started up after not being shut down correctly I looked for dump files but there didn't appear to be any there I ran memtest and it didn't find anything wrong I purchased Hot CPU Tester Pro and ran that no luck About weeks ago I noticed that the CPU was running hot around degrees C I took the heatsink off cleaned the surface put it back on and now the highest CPU temperatures I see are around C I've attached my perfmon report results and would greatly appreciate any help the experts can offer Thanks for reading Macca

A:Randomly crashing Windows 7

Hi,

Some of the symptoms you describe could be graphics related.

Can you give us some detail about the graphics card? make & model, and is the driver up-too-date? Can you check how dusty the inside of the case is? maybe worth a clean, and a re-seat of the card in the MOBO slot?

Regards,
Golden

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/182669-randomly-crashing-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 47.3%

This is the first time I have used this website so If i have amade a mistake either breaking PC My crashing Windows randomly keeps XP rules by posting this thread or something else please let me know so I won t do it in the future Whenever I use programs especially windows programs such as IE they keep crashing IE constantly says thats there has been a problem with a tab Whenever I check the events log there are various causes to the problem Also the system keeps blue screening The times when this happens generally tend to be during resource intensive programs However my computer only tends to crash during certain times at other times it is fine I have run antivirus scans from norton avast and mse with no viruses found I have tried to reinstall the OS form the I folder reinstalled windows xp sp My computer is a Dell Dimension windows xp sp running GB or My Windows XP PC keeps randomly crashing Ram with a Pentium processor running at GHZ not overclocked at all I have two cd drives one RW and two hard drives My Windows XP PC keeps randomly crashing one runs the OS and the other is My Stuff It has built in graphics and sound which I want to upgrade soon These are the errors I get in Event Viewer Faulting application asc exe version faulting module kernel dll version fault address x eb Faulting application iexplore exe version faulting module mshtml dll version fault address x b Faulting application iexplore exe version faulting module flash ocx version fault address x ab c Catalog Database The database page read from the file quot C WINDOWS system CatRoot F E C - EE- D - E - C FC EE CATDB quot at offset x for x bytes failed verification due to a page checksum mismatch The expected checksum was x ffd aa and the actual checksum was x e aa The read operation will fail with error - xfffffc If this condition persists then please restore the database from a previous backup There are more but I have removed them during my last clean up The programs which I can remember that have crashed are IE MSE easpecially when scanning my pc Windows Media Player And I have seen many blue screens as well If you could help that would be greatly appreciated It was tolerable now really isn t If you need any more information please let me know at sasha stonard sky com nbsp

A:My Windows XP PC keeps randomly crashing

What jumps out the page for me is that you reinstalled XP SP2. A secure XP OS would be running SP3. You really need to make this upgrade first and then consider remaining problems if any. They may well be driver related. Unfortunately, it will take hours to install SP3 and then there will be lots more Windows updates to catch up on.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-windows-xp-pc-keeps-randomly-crashing.179846/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello Guys I have been having problems with my pc and i cannot figure out this Please Help bud

The Error report says                                                                 VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (dlkmk.sys)

PC SPECS:

-CPU Core 2 duo Clocked to 3.06GHz
-Nvidia GTS 8600 (Latest Drivers)
-ram ddr3 6GB
-1tb HHD (2 500GB raided)

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/604246/windows-10-randomly-crashing/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello-
I have bought 2 of the same computer for our small business, and have used them since early January this year.  We have been having a problem on one of the computers with randomly getting the BSOD and having the computers crash at rather inconvenient
times.  I have lately been trying to track the error code that we receive, but for either computer there seems to be different codes.  The latest code that I found on the computer that crashed most recently was bug check code 2684354561.  We
are starting to get rather fed up and are wondering if we will have to switch operating systems or what the problem could possibly be.  We have never changed anything inside the computers, and just simply do not understand. 

Thank you.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/14fe54ca-1969-470b-908c-f6c39a2b9adb/computers-are-randomly-crashing?forum=MTCWin8
Relevancy 47.3%

My laptop just randomly crashed and whenever I try to turn it on, the power and num lock lights light up, the fan works very quietly, the screen is black and the computer just doesn't start. I've tried on battery and adapter power, holding the power button for 30 seconds but nothing works. It's also not a heating problem (pretty sure it's not) because I tried turning the computer on 1 hour after the first crash so it should be cooled down by that time. The computer has been working fine until today.
I had a professional fix the same problem about 9 months ago. He said it was a corrupt OS. He replaced it and now the problem is back. What should I do?

A:Laptop randomly crashing.... again

Update: so I got the computer working again for a couple of hours and I downloaded HWmonitor. The temperatures before the last crash were around 70 degrees celsius. How can I prevent my computer from overheating? Do I have to clean the fans?

Edit
I tried to turn it on after 1 hour of crashing. It's not an overheating problem

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576480/laptop-randomly-crashing-again/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi this has been happening for the past 2-3 days already and I have no idea what the problem is. It can not be a over heat problem because my tower is not hot or anything. When it shuts down the laptop beside me starts to lag really bad so there seem to be a connection there.At first I thought it was a dust problem in my tower because I did not clean it in a long time so I cleaned out the dust from the fans and such but that was not the problem.If anyone know what is up please help.

TIA

A:Computer Crashing Randomly

what are you running
video card
cpu
m/board
ram
power supply
brand
model
wattage

check the listings in the bios for voltages and temperatures and post them

if a component was burning to a crisp the tower will not necessarily feel warmer only the component

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/computer-crashing-randomly-610597.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I just upgraded my computer with a new video card and a bigger power supply. Now I am experiencing random crashing and I can't figure out why. I disabled the on board video card, swapped out the new power supply and tested it with the old one, updated all the drivers over again, updated windows, and nothing is working.

My specs from system info and device manager...

Gateway
Windows Vista Home Premium service pack 2 64bit
Pentium Dual-Core E5200 @ 2.50GHz 2.50 GHz
6.00 GB RAM
Nvidia 9500 GT 1Gb ddr2
600 watt power supply

If you need any more info just ask. I appreciate the help.

-Zeke

A:Windows Crashing Randomly

Hi -

Please follow the instructions - http://www.techsupportforum.com/1871981-post2.html

Attach the resulting zip(s) to your next post.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-crashing-randomly-417074.html
Relevancy 47.3%

My computer is an M18xr1 laptop running windows 7, 64bit. Recently my computer will just randomly crash (completely shut down) usually whilst playing games, however it doesn't happen very often. Since I've installed Battlefield 4 though it crashes about 10 seconds into the game every single time, and also it crashes when I try to install AMD_Catalyst_13.10_Mobility_BetaV2 to fix a different directX problem I had with BF4. It seems really weird, and the problem is not temperature related as I've checked it multiple times before it has crashed. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, thanks!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/computer-randomly-crashing-724049.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I've attached the Dump Files and Perfmon Report.

Dell Studio 15
Vista Home Premium 64-Bit SP2
Up to date with Windows Update
Intel Core 2 Duo
4GB RAM

I've updated BIOS and all drivers directly from Dell's website. Performed both Dell's Memory Diags and Memtest. Both come back ok. I cannot reproduce the crash upon request. It just crashes whenever it wants to.

Thanks in advance!
Ben

A:Vista 64-bit keeps crashing randomly

Let us know anything that stands out in your mind about the time before the BSOD's started.

Running the files now...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/vista-64-bit-keeps-crashing-randomly-414069.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I'm running a windows xp sp2 and recently my computer keeps giving me a blue screen of death everytime I use it. I find no pattern in its crashes. (doesnt matter wht I'm doing on the comp) !!!! Does anyone knows whts STOP: 0x000000A (0xc104027E, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x805DA990)???? Here's the picture of the screen. Help me! I dont want to format my hard drive!!

A:HELP!! Computers keeps crashing randomly!!!

Zip up some minidumps (5 or 6 most recent) and attach here. They can be found in C:\windows\minidumps.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/help-computers-keeps-crashing-randomly-153135.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi

My system keeps crashing, either it fuzzes-out or just blacks out completely. Seems to happen more often when watching youtube or other video, but can still crash at anytime. FYI I am not an advanced user.

Attached is a picture of the fuzzy-crash and all my files.
Thanks for any help

A:Computer Crashing Randomly Please Help

Also, my internal clock does not update correctly. I checked the BIOS and returned to default settings. Did not see improvement. I don't know if this is related.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/249410-computer-crashing-randomly-please-help.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Over the past week or two, I've noticed Firefox is randomly crashing. It mostly happens on forums when I'm entering a message. I've noticed it happening when I click the text box, and then I hit enter to go down a few spaces. Then the error message pops up and it crashes. I guess at least it saves your session so you can immediately go back though.

Is this happening to anyone else?

A:Firefox randomly crashing lately

Yes it happens to me too, but on the restart after the "resume session" all goes well.
I will be interested in getting the same advise as you are seeking.
I have MacafeeSiteAdvisor, IEtab and AdBlockerPlus and have been disabling and re-enabling in turn and in combination to see if anything in there is causing the prob. but to no avail.
Having said that, after an update to MacafeeSiteAdvisor of 12 April 2007, and as I type this, the problem is not re-occurring. Maybe that was the problem.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f131/firefox-randomly-crashing-lately-150392.html
Relevancy 47.3%

From Event VIewer:

Faulting application name: Explorer.EXE,
version: 6.1.7601.17567,
time stamp: 0x4d672ee4
Faulting module name: mswsock.dll,
version: 6.1.7601.18254,
time stamp: 0x522be0b3
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x00000000000012c9
Faulting process id: 0xc1c
Faulting application start time: 0x01cfc1711fa860aa
Faulting application path: C:\Windows\Explorer.EXE
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\mswsock.dll
Report Id: 926dd48b-2d64-11e4-9918-d02788836d6e

NOTE: I use KIS 2015 and MBAM Pro for my protection. I have already run full scans (rootkit option enabled) with them. Nothing was found.

Any advice? 

P.S. I have a custom build computer. It's not the best, but feel free to look at it's specifications in my profile. I love it and that's what matters. It's my first self built computer. I've very proud of it.

P.P.S. I have Speccy & CCleaner.

A:Explorer.exe keeps randomly crashing on me...

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.
 Checkmark the following checkboxes:  List last 10 Event Viewer log  List Installed Programs  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
 Click Go and paste the content into your next post.
 Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/545827/explorerexe-keeps-randomly-crashing-on-me/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi guys, I hope you can help me out here. Just this past week I have had some random reboots and Explorer.exe crashing. I have ran multiple virus and malware scans and nothing is showing up. I have checked my start up entries and processes and nothing looks abnormal. I also ran memtest 86 and it passed fine. This is the error I received.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BEX64
Application Name: Explorer.EXE
Application Version: 6.1.7601.17567
Application Timestamp: 4d672ee4
Fault Module Name: StackHash_fa09
Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
Exception Offset: 00000000043c0fd8
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Data: 0000000000000008
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.4
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: fa09
Additional Information 2: fa0951fe220ff82bd28cc684441ac675
Additional Information 3: 0871
Additional Information 4: 08717296514a51e926c04503d38fda23

A:Explorer.exe randomly crashing

1. Click Start
2. In the search box, type cmd
3. In the list that appears, right-click on cmd.exe and choose Run as administrator
4. In the command window that opens, type sfc /scannow and hit enter.

Report the output from the command window once it finishes.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/345461-explorer-exe-randomly-crashing.html
Relevancy 47.3%

This is the situation with Vista:

I used have a PC, not very old, which randomly started to lock-up after sometime, whether it be 5mins or 5hours. When it locks up EVERYTHING stops, there is no way to using it until you restart.

I then pretty much changed all the components inside the case, including the PSU and the case. The only old things I am using from the old PC is the mouse, keyboard and the screen.

Now the strange thing is, even after getting an almost new PC, I am still getting lockups

I've never been so stuck, really don't know what the issue is.

My brother used to use the same components I have now with no issues. He's taken my old componenets and they don't give him any problems. I have also got the latest SP1 SP2

Any suggestions.

Relevancy 47.3%

When I boot up my pc randomly - minutes after logging on all of the programs running will freeze with quot Not Responding quot 7 / Freezing Win Randomly Crashing on their title bar for a few minutes After a few minutes the programs will unfreeze and more problems arise These problems include some of the open programs working some partially working and some not working at all When I try to to ctrl alt delete to close the frozen programs an error message will pop-up Cannot find explorer exe Also when I open the start menu it is completely blank doesn't show anything Also some of my desktop icons disappear while Win 7 Randomly Freezing / Crashing some others stay In general the computer gets really buggy and I cant do much I have been having these issues for roughly a week I formatted on Mon Aug and the issues still arise since the format so it appears the issues is more Win 7 Randomly Freezing / Crashing likely hardware related Since I formatted I have chkdisk f r and sfc scannow but the issues still arise About a week ago I was trying to clean my case get rid of dust etc but before I did it my case fell roughly inches to the ground thinking this issue could be hardware most likely a bad HDD related Any tips or hints Thanks

A:Win 7 Randomly Freezing / Crashing

Also I just found about 15 criticial entries in my Event Viewer

The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Harddisk1\DR1. and The device, \Device\Harddisk1\DR1, has a bad block.

But all of these entries occur within a 5 minute time period, it could explain one crash, but not all of them.

So more evidence its a HDD issue.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/249495-win-7-randomly-freezing-crashing.html
Relevancy 47.3%

First off my PC is about months old it is a Dell Dimension Here is my system ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report Machine name HOME-EEE A DA Operating System Windows XP Home Edition Build Service Pack xpsp - Language English Applications randomly crashing. Regional Setting English System Manufacturer Dell Inc System Model Dell DXP BIOS Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version Processor Intel R Core TM CPU GHz CPUs Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C WINDOWS DirectX Version DirectX c DX Setup Parameters Not found DxDiag Version bit Unicode DxDiag Previously Crashed in system information stage ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ DirectX Files Tab No problems found Display Tab The file Applications randomly crashing. nv disp dll is not digitally signed which means that it has not been tested by Microsoft's Windows Hardware Quality Labs WHQL You may be able to get a WHQL logo'd driver from the hardware manufacturer Sound Tab No problems found Music Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found Network Tab No problems found -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D n a DirectDraw retail DirectInput n a DirectMusic n a DirectPlay retail DirectSound retail DirectShow retail --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name NVIDIA GeForce GTX Manufacturer NVIDIA Chip type GeForce GTX DAC type Integrated RAMDAC Display Memory MB The crashes started around week ago i could be playing a PC game then all of a sudden i get a error beep followed by the game crashing I could be surfing the internet on either IE or firefox then all of a sudden my browser crashes as well as this other applications i have running are randomly crashing also bit torrent and emule are the applications i run the most And on rare occasions after a crash i get a blue screen with an error message quot IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL quot with the code X i couldnt write down the rest as the PC shuts down at this time I launched hardware diagnostic tests on EVERYTHING in my PC all passed so it is defiantly a software problem I use AVG antivirus and spyware and i have just done scans with both and everything is fine im behind kerio firewall all in all my PC is fully maintained and there has been no real changes with the software i use from the time when my PC was fine and now where it is not Anyone have any suggestions tot he cause of this edit i reinstalled windows completely out of frustration yesterday morning to see if the problems are fixed but alas the problems are still the same

A:Applications randomly crashing.

did you just overwrite windows or format the drive and start again?
as sometimes if you overwrite it, well the problems dont get fixed.

if its a fresh install i would suggest testing your memory/hdd and mabye looking in the bios for IRQ conflicts?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/applications-randomly-crashing-139367.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi guys, I hope you can help me out here. Just this past week I have had some random reboots and Explorer.exe crashing. I have ran multiple virus and malware scans and nothing is showing up. I have checked my start up entries and processes and nothing looks abnormal. I also ran memtest 86 and it passed fine. This is the error I received.

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name: BEX64
  Application Name: Explorer.EXE
  Application Version: 6.1.7601.17567
  Application Timestamp: 4d672ee4
  Fault Module Name: StackHash_fa09
  Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
  Fault Module Timestamp: 00000000
  Exception Offset: 00000000043c0fd8
  Exception Code: c0000005
  Exception Data: 0000000000000008
  OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.4
  Locale ID: 1033
  Additional Information 1: fa09
  Additional Information 2: fa0951fe220ff82bd28cc684441ac675
  Additional Information 3: 0871
  Additional Information 4: 08717296514a51e926c04503d38fda23

A:Explorer.exe Randomly Crashing

See Answer at http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_vista-system/problem-event-name-bex64-application-name/1125d6bf-6481-4fe8-9b6d-a67e7f611fc6?auth=1 .

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/548195/explorerexe-randomly-crashing/
Relevancy 47.3%

I have an older Dell comp that is running Windows XP version 5.1.2600. It seems to be crashing randomly. I have been combing over the event logs and can't really pin point what is happening. I have received 2 different sets of error codes. Is there a site where I can find out what these numbers refer to? I am pretty decent at trouble shooting but other than thinking the power supply might be going I am stuck. I would appreciate any advice. Thanks!

Error code 1:

BCCODE: 1000007e
BCP1: C0000005
BCP2: F7B77343
BCP3:F78CEB38
BCP4: F78CE834
OSVer:5_1_2600
SP:3_0
Product: 256_1

Error code 2

BCCODE: 10000050
BCP!: FFFBFFF8
BCP2: 00000000
BCP3: 80551211
BCP4: 00000000
OSVer: 5_1_2600

A:My comp is randomly crashing

Go here and post the results of the memory and hard drive tests:
http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic51365.html

Learn how to attach any minidumps you find. You may have to zip them to attach them properly. Also, make sure that the insides are clean and that all fans are free from dust and spinning normally

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-comp-is-randomly-crashing.179818/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello I am using Windows Build and my on-board Realtek Audio device crashes randomly I have updated my drivers for my Sound device to which I think are up to date What is happening is that I can be either on ventrillo listening to music or playing a game or all and randomly I get this weird whiring noise for - seconds and then I get no sounds and my mic stops working and to fix it I have to restart my PC Sometimes I can go for hours with no problem then sometimes after - minutes it crashes I have tried searching the internet for people with similar issues but unable to find an answer The components I am using are Processor AMD Phenom II X Ghz Motherboard Gigabyte MA XT-UD P Memory Gb DDR Graphics Card ATI Radeon HD I would appreciate any answers to my issue feel free to Randomly HD crashing Realtek ask more questions if needed for me to explain a little more Thanks alot Regards Matt Edit Here is a screen shot of my system info and Realtek info http img imageshack us img systeminfo jpg

A:Realtek HD Randomly crashing

Did you downloaded drivers from realtek site?

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/20689-realtek-hd-randomly-crashing.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Lately all my browsers crashing randomly and without any pattern I have try everything but i read on the internet in similar questions but i cannot find solution Initially i thought problem could be Nvidia so i remove Nvidia Experience i updated the drivers i roll back to a suggested stable version on the driver nothing I disable Windows Firewall nothing Any suggestion Browsers Randomly All Crashing what else i can try I run Win Nvidia Avast Windows Firewall Mostly i use All Browsers Crashing Randomly IE but the crashes happens also to FF amp Chrome that i tryied Average per day can be - crashes there is not any freezing screen the message i get is quot This page can t be displayed Make sure the web address https example com is correct lt All Browsers Crashing Randomly LI id task - gt Look for the page with your search engine lt LI id task - gt Refresh the page in a few minutes quot When i press refresh the page is load

A:All Browsers Crashing Randomly

Hi and welcome to Sevenforums,
Please post the scan results as a txt attachment see the links above my signature on how,
Review Jacee?s instructions to run Adwcleaner here post #7,
Ignore the title of the thread,
Instant Savings App
Screen shot of the download button to use for Adwcleaner
You can use these free tools to see if they find anything,
Manually Update them before running full scans,
Try not to use your computer while the scans are running, (one at a time of course).
Uncheck the box to Activate the Free trial from the final install options,
http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free
http://www.superantispyware.com/?tag=SUPERANTISPYWARE
This one is the longest up to 4 hours, the others are only about 45 minutes,
http://www.microsoft.com/security/scanner/en-us/default.aspx

http://www.sevenforums.com/system-security/333776-all-browsers-crashing-randomly.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hey guys,
Couple of days again my laptop started randomly crashing. My cursor would disappear and the screen would stay on, and when I press the power button once it turns off automatically? That isn't normal, because you have to hold it other times, right?

Anyone got any ideas?
It occasionally happens when I try to install stuff.

A:Laptop randomly crashing?

Hard to say, it could be some hardware issue, or maybe software.

1. Replace your current antivirus with Microsoft Security Essentials
2. Update drivers
3. Make sure your hardware is not overclocked
4. Sometimes outdated peripheral devices can cause such behavior as you report- unplug them.

To get further assistance, provide a little more information about your system:

- C:\Windows\Minidump --> .dmp files, attach them.
- if no crash dumps, then attach DriverView: Loaded Windows Drivers List
- cpuz memory and cpu tabs
- passmark RAMMon html.zip

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/163561-laptop-randomly-crashing.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I am getting randow crashes (shutdowns) with no warning whatsoever. Not sure whats causing these and cant understand error logs. Upon restart this is what the error log says:

"Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.48
Locale ID: 2057

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 1a
BCP1: 00041790
BCP2: C0802098
BCP3: 0000FFFF
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\windows\Minidump\070210-34273-01.dmp
C:\Users\leer\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-109278-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
Windows 7 Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:"

Oddly IE8, Windows live Messenger and explorer randomly crash also, so not sure if this is linked

OS is Win7 Professional 32bit

Not sure what this is refering to so I have zipped & uploaded the mini dump it has produced. Could somebody please point me in the right direction how to fix this.

A:Windows 7 Crashing Randomly

Quote: Originally Posted by Cooge

I am getting randow crashes (shutdowns) with no warning whatsoever. Not sure whats causing these and cant understand error logs. Upon restart this is what the error log says:

"Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.48
Locale ID: 2057

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 1a
BCP1: 00041790
BCP2: C0802098
BCP3: 0000FFFF
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\windows\Minidump\070210-34273-01.dmp
C:\Users\leer\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-109278-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
Windows 7 Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:"

Oddly IE8, Windows live Messenger and explorer randomly crash also, so not sure if this is linked

OS is Win7 Professional 32bit

Not sure what this is refering to so I have zipped & uploaded the mini dump it has produced. Could somebody please point me in the right direction how to fix this.

BugCheck 0x1A is defined by Microsoft as follows:

Quote:
The MEMORY_MANAGEMENT bug check has a value of 0x0000001A. This indicates that a severe memory management error occurred.

It would appear therefore that you have bad memory modules. You can try the following:If you have overclocked your memory, try returning the memory timings back to defaults.
Remove you existing memory, then use a air blower to remove dust from the DIMMS, then put you memory back in and see if the problem comes back.
If you still have a problem, try replacing the memory

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/94893-windows-7-crashing-randomly.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi guys Been a while since posting here but theres a problem with my pc im totally PC crashing randomly constantly :( flummoxed with For a few months now my pc has been hard locking at random usually about once a day at different times just a complete lockup with no error message or anything and it makes a sound like DRRRRRRRRR if theres anything that makes noise like a game or PC constantly crashing randomly :( music running When this happens i have to press the reset key on the case to restart the machine then it continues like nothing happened When its working the pc seems to be running fine playing games at high resolutions etc and ive checked the temps on speedfan they seem fine c on GPU under load playing batman arkham asylum maxed out c cpu chipset around c Im using the latest drivers for my card from nvidia's website and checked my other drivers they seem up to date and checked for any viruses spyware and there are none One thing that does seem unusual though is if i change a piece of hardware like unplug the ram move it to another dimm socket then put it back in the crashes stop for a couple days then start again or if i remove the gpu then put it back in the same thing Here is my DXdiag file to take a look at Code ----------------- System Information ------------------ Time of this report Machine name THETHING-PC Operating System Windows Vista Home Premium Build Service Pack vistasp gdr - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer System manufacturer System Model Maximus Extreme BIOS BIOS Date Ver Processor Intel R Core TM Extreme CPU X GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX DX Setup Parameters Not found DxDiag Version bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ Display Tab No problems found Display Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D retail DirectDraw retail DirectInput retail DirectMusic retail DirectPlay retail DirectSound retail DirectShow retail --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name NVIDIA GeForce GTX Manufacturer NVIDIA Chip type GeForce GTX DAC type Integrated RAMDAC Device Key Enum PCI VEN DE amp DEV E amp SUBSYS amp REV A Display Memory MB Dedicated Memory MB Shared Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Acer AL W Analog Driver Name nvd dumx dll nvwgf umx dll nvwgf umx dll nvd dum nvwgf um nvwgf um Driver Version English DDI Version BGRA Supported Yes Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo'd n a WHQL Date Stamp n a Device Identifier D B E E- A - CF- - F FC C Vendor ID x DE Device ID x E SubSys ID x Revision ID x A Revision ID x A Video Accel ModeMPEG A ModeMPEG C ModeVC C ModeWMV C Deinterlace Caps CB - - - E - C DB Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive F F DA - B - B F- D -C E EAAB Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY A A C -C EC- BD - EDE-F C DC B Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch CB - - - E - C DB Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive F F DA - B - B F- D -C E EAAB Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY A A C -C EC- BD - EDE-F C DC B Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoP... Read more

A:PC constantly crashing randomly :(

*BUMP* can anyone help? :<

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/pc-constantly-crashing-randomly-446011.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello everyone i apologize if this topic has already been posted although this is my first time here About two weeks ago my computer has started to random shut off i thought nothing of it the first couple of times but it seems to have gotten worse I will randomly Computer crashing hear a quiet sometimes loud second beep through my headphones and the computer will completely shut off Afterwards when i try to start it back up it will usually crash within a couple of seconds sometimes it will continue to run for the majority of the day It tends to be quite random at times when Computer randomly crashing i restart it it will not start up until i enter the bios save it and leave I ve seen the CPU tempature peak at F a couple of times although i m not exactly sure if that s normal or bad Basically i m seeking help to figure out of this is a Computer randomly crashing hardware or software problem and how i should go about fixing this Any information would be appreciated thanks in advanced nbsp

A:Computer randomly crashing

Yes it's heat. That's critically hot for any cpu, AMD or Pentium. I'm going to guess it's an AMD since they tend to shutdown, while Pentium's slow down. But motherboard alarms can trigger the shutdown either way.

Shutdown completely, remove the case and use a can of compressed air to blow out any accumulated dust and grime. Then start it up and see if the fan is working. It may need replacement.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-randomly-crashing.347585/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hey there i ve somewhat recently built myself a new gaming rig due to my old system being horribly outdated and unreliable and from day one of using the new computer i ve had some problems with crashing Basically the computer crashes AT LEAST once per day and is seemingly undetectable as to when this happens the only thing intensifying the crashing seems to be streaming videos online ie youtube facebook dailymotion videos etc A friend of randomly Computer crashing mine had compiled the list of parts that i would use to Computer crashing randomly build the computer and also did the majority of assembling which i cannot notice any problems with by looking at the inside Computer crashing randomly of the tower This same friend after hearing about constant crashing problems and unreliability as to when it would crash had suggested a problem with the system s memory but after swapping out HDD s and even installing an SSD the problem still seems to be as prevalent as ever and since i m almost out of options i ve decided to turn to the wisdom of the internet in the hopes of finally resolving this issue I m not quite sure as to what the problem s Computer crashing randomly may be but i m still optimistic about the outcome anyhow here is a list of my system specs Corsair GB RAM Western Digital TB internal HDD TB free space OCZ agility GB SSD Boot disc- GB free space Win ultimate -bit OS Lite-on DVD drive Intel core i k processor Asus GeForce Gtx DirectCU II Top mb video card Antec w power supply Aerocool VX-E Pro case ASrock z PRO -M motherboard Thanks for your time mastaharro nbsp

A:Computer crashing randomly

i prefer to see a quality 750w with the 560 gtx and not a antec,what model is it

do you have any minidumps

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-crashing-randomly.1082041/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello to everyone I just built this computer less then a month ago here are the specs OS Windows XP Professional x Motherboard Asus M A CPU AMD Phenom Quad-Core GHz Memory GB Onboard Sound PSU Antec Watt System Hard Drive Hitachi GB SATA Data Hard Drive Seagate TB SATA Video Card PCI-E Name ATI Radeon HD Memory MB Problem from the beginning The computer will randomly restart does not mater what I am doing but most of the time it will happen while browsing the web or it will do it at night or will do Crashing Randomly Keeps Computer it when I come into work and move the mouse it will just restart This has happened Since day one of building the computer not quite a month At first it would just restart with no BSOD or anything Error logs never showed anything at around the time that it would shutdown Then I turned off the System Restart on Computer Keeps Crashing Randomly failure and have been getting the BSOD screens So far with Hardware I have replaced the Motherboard Memory and PSU The first motherboard was an MSI I have even unplugged the Hard drives and still have the same problems Also I don t think it s the video card because with the MSI board it had onboard video which I tried and still had trouble I have also been running XP Pro bit and have the same trouble At first I thought it had to do with the Ethernet Driver not being correct cause I used a Linksys wireless usb adaptor and didn t seem to have any trouble it didn t restart the whole time I was using it Then I got the latest driver for the Ethernet and it ran for almost a week without restarting then I come to work and have the BSOD I have ran Driver Detective and have installed all the drivers that it says that I need and I m still having the BSOD I ve even Reinstalled the OS s on clean formatted drives Here are the Error messages from the BSOD and the windows Error message that I get after I have rebooted BSOD ------------------------------------------------------------------------- DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL STOP X A X X X X A DA Beginning dump of physical memory BSOD ------------------------------------------------------------------------- STOP X E XC X C AE XBA DAF X Error signature from Microsoft BCCode e BCP C BCP C AE BCP BA DAF BCP OSVer SP Product ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- BSOD ------------------------------------------------------------------------- STOP X E XC X C AE XBA DAF X Error signature from Microsoft BCCode e BCP C BCP C AE BCP BA E F BCP OSVer SP Product ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- BSOD ------------------------------------------------------------------------- STOP X BE XC D XBA C C X C X processr sys - Address BA C C base at BA C DateStamp b BCCode d BCP FFFFF FFF D C BCP BCP BCP FFFFF C OSVer SP Product ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Look forward to any help that I can get with this because it is driving me nuts

A:Computer Keeps Crashing Randomly

Hi .My first guess would be RAM issues...and I would take steps to confirm/refute that suspicion before doing anything else.I suggest running Memtest overnight, testing various combinations of RAM modules in all motherboard RAM slots. If you start getting errors during a run, no point in continuing with that. Stop and begin a new module/slot configuration for testing.MemTest Manual - http://hcidesign.com/memtest/manual.html Memtest86.com - Memory Diagnostic - http://www.memtest86.com/ Background errors on various STOP errors can be found at http://www.aumha.org/a/stop.htmFWIW: Some of these errors can be drivers which are probably corrupt and thereby cause RAM errors, I don't know. I just tend to consider it best to check the RAM first.Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/221763/computer-keeps-crashing-randomly/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hey i have been gettin this problem that keeps happening from a range of 1-60 minutes of my computer being on..

First sign it would run slow but my CPU Usage would be at 1 or 2% like my computer isnt trying to load a game.

Second sign my sound would lock up and constantly spam the sound it last herd and make my computer run even slower then it already is.

Third and final sign would be my computer would lock up but whats weird is i can move the mouse but everything else wouldnt move.

Now the only thing i did differently was keep my computer on for like 5 or 6 days so im not sure if thats the issue but please please help because its really annoying when im trying to work on somethin or play a game and it freezes my computer.

Thanks,
Ronnie

A:Computer is crashing randomly..

Could be hardware, or software related. Try booting in safe mode and running some security/antimalware scans. Then you can boot back in regular mode and disable some items on startup.
Or you can start with recommended hardware testing found elsewhere on this site. Strip down to the bare minimum and test from there. Do a good cleaning of the pc first.
A little searching will find a wealth of info on how to do all of this, or ask away if you can't locate what you need. And make sure to be very clear on your explanaions.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-is-crashing-randomly-460201.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Computer Crashing Randomly - Fixed Skip Post

hello can anyone help with with the meaning of this and maybe a answer.

My computer blue screens randomly i have no clue why this is my bugcheck it says BAD_POOL_HEADER in blue screen.

The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck. The bugcheck was: 0x00000019 (0x00000020, 0x83519958, 0x83519980, 0x0a050011). A dump was saved in: C:\WINDOWS\Minidump\Mini111205-03.dmp.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp..

Update:
Added another stick of ram in gona see how it goes

A:Computer Crashing Randomly

I had that error a few times when my RAM timmings were set too aggressively. Or it could be bad RAM or a hardware failure.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-crashing-randomly.37849/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hey there i ve somewhat recently built myself a new gaming rig due to my old system being horribly outdated and unreliable and from day one of using the new computer i ve had some problems with crashing Basically the computer crashes AT LEAST once per day and is seemingly randomly crashing Computer undetectable as to when this happens the only Computer crashing randomly thing intensifying the crashing seems to be streaming videos online ie youtube facebook dailymotion videos etc A friend of mine had compiled the list of parts that i would use to build the computer and also did the majority Computer crashing randomly of assembling which i cannot notice any problems with by looking at the inside of the tower This same friend after hearing about constant crashing problems and unreliability as to when it would crash had suggested a problem with the system s memory but after swapping out HDD s and even installing an SSD the problem still seems to be as prevalent as ever and since i m almost out of options i ve decided to turn to the wisdom of the internet in the hopes of finally resolving this issue I m not quite sure as to what the problem s may be but i m still optimistic about the outcome anyhow here is a list of my system specs Corsair GB RAM Western Digital TB internal HDD OCZ agility GB SSD Boot disc Win ultimate -bit OS Lite-on DVD drive Intel core i k processor Asus GeForce Gtx DirectCU II Top mb video card Antec w power supply Aerocool VX-E Pro case ASrock z PRO -M motherboard Thanks for your time mastaharro nbsp

A:Computer crashing randomly

Also forgot to mention that the HDD still has 1.6TB free, and the SSD still has 36GB free space left on it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-crashing-randomly.1082039/
Relevancy 47.3%

So my PC has been randomly crashing OS Windows SP Sometimes when selecting a hyperlink on a web page sometimes when PC 7 Windows Crashing Randomly I've walked away seemingly as it's going into sleep mode --in other words fairly randomly I had been having errors that cited the Intel Matrix Storage Manager http www sevenforums com crashes-d Windows 7 PC Randomly Crashing t-crashes html but those errors seem to have gone away after a change in anti-virus although that may have been coincidental Some of the system restarts have failed to write any issue to the event manager but the Windows 7 PC Randomly Crashing most recent had the below error in the event log Thanks in advance for any Windows 7 PC Randomly Crashing help Cheers Tim ----------------------------- Keyword Classic Source Disk Event Task Category None General The driver detected a controller error on Device Harddisk DR Details - lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt - lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Disk quot gt lt EventID Qualifiers quot quot gt lt EventID gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt T-Desktop lt Computer gt lt Security gt lt System gt - lt EventData gt lt Data gt Device Harddisk DR lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt

A:Windows 7 PC Randomly Crashing

1 could you fix your post it is going over the page and it is hard to read.

is there any blue screen? if so please read ==> http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ta-452654.html

best of luck. post back

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-pc-randomly-crashing-623505.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Okay so my story is this I have been experiencing random computer crashes [Random any Errors BSOD is Crashing Laptop or without Crashing] X505 on my Laptop I will list the specifications of this laptop in a moment The crashes come with NO BSOD or any form of minidump or recording of what caused them It will sometimes crash at an insanely random time when almost nothing is running but most of the time it will crash after I have just clicked play on a video on the internet usually YahooNews or LEOAffairs com Now before you go crazy and start saying quot well update your Flash Player quot I will have you know that I fully uninstalled the entirety of Adobe Flash using the standalone Uninstaller and deleted all remaining files by following this guide made by Adobe staff https forums adobe com thread I have also run a Driver Verifier by following this guide here How to determine which driver causes Windows to crash SG FAQ Using a BSOD viewer there nothing was revealed that I could easily tell what the issue was or what needed [Random Crashing] X505 Laptop is Crashing without any BSOD or Errors to be [Random Crashing] X505 Laptop is Crashing without any BSOD or Errors changed to stop my [Random Crashing] X505 Laptop is Crashing without any BSOD or Errors issue Being that this issue is not easily re-creatable I will keep this thread updated as often as I can after some people have put down some suggestions on how to fix this I will also attach the Crash Dump Text File of the BSOD DRIVER VERIFIER IOMANAGER VIOLATION that occurred after I had run the Driver Verifier I will also include the dmp file inside the ZIP incase you would like to look at that I am thankful for any help that anyone can give me If you need to further contact me I will happily give you my Skype Username in private My Computer Specifications Make Model Toshiba Qosmio X -Q OS Windows - bit SP Home Premium Processor CPU Intel Core i CPU Q GHz Videocard GPU Nvidia GeForce GTX M Memory RAM GB

A:[Random Crashing] X505 Laptop is Crashing without any BSOD or Errors

TVALZ_O.SYS Thu Nov 8 22:08:41 2007
This is the TOSHIBA ACPI-Based Value Added Logical and General Purpose Device Driver, the 2007 date is older then Win7 there should be a newer one on the Toshiba D/L site as the one on my system is dated 2009. > Official Toshiba Support | Toshiba

Also while your there grab the latest Realtek wireless lan driver yours is 2009
rtl8192se.sys Fri Oct 2 01:33:48 2009

The Driver Verified BSOD is naming the standard Windows HIDCLASS.SYS driver
That is Human Interface Device class driver since it's the same driver on all Windows systems we can rule out the driver and assume either one of the other drivers interfered with it(like the 2 outdated ones above) or there is piece of hardware(touch pad, mouse, KB or game pad) acting up. Did you have any external devices hooked up at the time?

SynTP.sys Tue Feb 26 01:02:27 2013 is the touch pad driver there should be a newer one here> Drivers ? Synaptics if not on the Toshiba site.

Code:
**************************Tue Dec 9 21:33:12.971 2014 (UTC - 5:00)**************************
Opened log file 'C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Temp\SysnativeBSODApps\5568\dmps\outkdOutput1.txt'

Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.12.0002.633 AMD64
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\Owner\Bsodapps\SysnativeBSODApps\120914-27768-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

Symbol search path is: c:\symbols
Executable search path is:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7601 (Service Pack 1) MP (8 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS Personal
Built by: 7601.18247.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.130828-1532
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`0341e000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`036616d0
Debug session time: Tue Dec 9 21:33:12.971 2014 (UTC - 5:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:01:18.126
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck C9, {220, fffff8800fdba710, fffff9800ab78cf0, fffffa8007ed65b0}

*** ERROR: Symbol file could not be found. Defaulted to export symbols for HIDCLASS.SYS -
Probably caused by : HIDCLASS.SYS ( HIDCLASS+2710 )

---------

4: kd> !analyze -v; !sysinfo cpuspeed; !sysinfo SMBIOS; lmtsmn; q
* Bugcheck Analysis *

DRIVER_VERIFIER_IOMANAGER_VIOLATION (c9)
The IO manager has caught a misbehaving driver.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000220, IRP_MJ_SYSTEM_CONTROL has been completed by someone other than the ProviderId.
This IRP should either have been completed earlier or should have been passed
down.
Arg2: fffff8800fdba710, The address in the driver's code where the error was detected.
Arg3: fffff9800ab78cf0, IRP address.
Arg4: fffffa8007ed65b0, ProviderId.

Debugging Details:
------------------
BUGCHECK_STR: 0xc9_220

DRIVER_VERIFIER_IO_VIOLATION_TYPE: 220

FAULTING_IP:
HIDCLASS+2710
fffff880`0fdba710 48895c2410 mov qword ptr [rsp+10h],rbx

FOLLOWUP_IP:
HIDCLASS+2710
fffff880`0fdba710 48895c2410 mov qword ptr [rsp+10h],rbx

IRP_AD... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/random-crashing-x505-laptop-is-crashing-without-any-bsod-or-errors-929058.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Okay so my story is this I have been experiencing random computer crashes on my Laptop I will list the BSOD X505 or without any [Random is Errors Crashing] Crashing Laptop specifications of this laptop in a moment The crashes come with NO BSOD or any form of minidump or recording of what [Random Crashing] X505 Laptop is Crashing without any BSOD or Errors caused them It will sometimes crash at an insanely random time when almost nothing is running but most of the time it will crash after I have just clicked play on a video on the internet usually YahooNews or LEOAffairs com Now before you go crazy and start saying quot well update your Flash Player quot I will have you know that I fully uninstalled the entirety of Adobe Flash using the standalone Uninstaller and deleted all remaining files by following this guide made by Adobe staff https forums adobe com thread and then installed the most recent version and it still Crashed I have also run a Driver Verifier by following this guide here How to determine which driver causes Windows to crash SG FAQ Using a BSOD viewer there nothing was revealed that I could easily tell what the issue was or what needed to be changed to stop my issue Being that this issue is not easily re-creatable I will keep this thread updated as often as I can after some people have put down some suggestions on how to fix this I will also attach the Crash Dump Text File of the BSOD DRIVER VERIFIER IOMANAGER VIOLATION that occurred after I had run the Driver Verifier I will also include the dmp file inside the ZIP incase you would like to look at that I am thankful for any help that anyone can give me If you need to further contact me I will happily give you my Skype Username in private My Computer Specifications Make Model Toshiba Qosmio X -Q OS Windows - bit SP Home Premium Processor CPU Intel Core i CPU Q GHz Videocard GPU Nvidia GeForce GTX M Memory RAM GB

A:[Random Crashing] X505 Laptop is Crashing without any BSOD or Errors

So, basically it goes like this:
-Click play on video.
-Laptop crashes with no BSOD or Error/Bug Report.
-Laptop reboots.
^^ This goes on for longer than just today..
-I run the uninstaller to clean out Flash
-I delete extra files left over after the uninstall.
-I reinstall Flash using the latest version, hoping it will stop. (it didnt)
-Laptop crashes + reboots again.
-I run the Driver Verifier program, which is built into windows.
-BSOD pops up on restart.
-I shut down and run computer in safe mode.
-Delete all settings associated with Driver Verifier, and then I post the Help thread here.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/random-crashing-x505-laptop-is-crashing-without-any-bsod-or-errors-929066.html
Relevancy 46.87%

HI again I used Hijackthis to do a scan and here is the result I'm not sure if i've posted it in the right place or if this is needed to stop the ongoing crashing I've recently run Adaware and removed Alexis the problem is still ongoing Any help would be great Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C crashing randomly Hijackthis for computer! a WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C Hijackthis for a randomly crashing computer! WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C Program Files Norton Personal Firewall NISUM EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Norton Personal Firewall ccPxySvc exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS System RunDll exe C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C WINDOWS System rundll exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Documents and Settings William Neal Desktop HijackThis exe O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper ocx O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - HKLM Run OemReset systemroot OPTIONS OEMRESET EXE AUDIT O - HKLM Run Cmaudio RunDll cmicnfg cpl CMICtrlWnd O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKLM Run NeroCheck C WINDOWS system NeroCheck exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime qttask exe quot -atboottime O - HKLM Run iTunesHelper quot C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe quot O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run ccRegVfy quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccRegVfy exe quot O - HKCU Run NVIEW rundll exe nview dll nViewLoadHook O - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Plugin for spop C Program Files Internet Explorer Plugins NPDocBox dll O - Service Symantec Event Manager ccEvtMgr - Symantec Corporation - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe O - Service Symantec Password Validation Service ccPwdSvc - Symantec Corporation - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccPwdSvc exe O - Service Symantec Proxy Service ccPxySvc - Symantec Corporation - C Program Files Norton Personal Firewall ccPxySvc exe O - Service iPod Service - Apple Computer Inc - C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe O - Service Norton AntiVirus Auto Protect Service navapsvc - Symantec Corporation - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe O - Service Norton Personal Firewall Accounts Manager NISUM - Symantec Corporation - C Program Files Norton Personal Firewall NISUM EXE O - Service NVIDIA Driver Helper Service NVSvc - NVIDIA Corporation - C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe O - Service Cricket Drivers Auto Removal pr agnqb pr agnqb - Codemasters - C WINDOWS system pr agnqb exe O - Service ScriptBlocking Service SBService - Symantec Corporation - C PROGRA COMMON SYMANT SCRIPT SBServ exe

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/hijackthis-for-a-randomly-crashing-computer-161855.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hey guys how s it going I have a year old Dell Vostro that usually runs ok but tonight I ve had a few problems Whilst in Nero Vision I was auto analysing chapters in a near gb mpeg file I wanted to burn to DVD and the entire laptop just switched off I started up agai and the same happened The Help error says this February DCOM DCOM got error quot quot attempting to start the service Nero BackItUp Scheduler randomly Dell crashing laptop with arguments quot -Service quot in order to run the server -C - CD - DA - D F FBA B February DCOM DCOM got error Dell laptop randomly crashing quot quot attempting to start the service Nero BackItUp Scheduler with arguments quot -Service quot in order to run the server -C - CD - DA - D F FBA B February DCOM DCOM got error quot quot attempting to start the service Nero BackItUp Scheduler with arguments quot -Service quot in order to run the server -C - CD - DA - D F FBA B February DCOM DCOM got error quot quot attempting to start the service Nero BackItUp Scheduler with arguments quot -Service Dell laptop randomly crashing quot in order to run the server -C - CD - DA - D F FBA B February Applicatio n Error Faulting application explorer exe version faulting module splitter ax version fault address x f February Applicatio n Error Faulting application drwtsn exe version faulting module dbghelp dll version fault address x d However then it just started to do the same when not using Nero but just on the desktop about minutes into Windows for example I went into the Dell Dell laptop randomly crashing diagnostic bit at the BIOS stage and it crashed then too so I left it for a bit thinking it may have overheated or something At the moment it s letting me run for about mins so far without crashing and I ve got this log DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by James at on Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT AV avast antivirus VPS - On-access scanning enabled Updated DB - F - A -B - A FD D Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunchsvchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcsC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k WudfServiceGroupsvchost exesvchost exeC WINDOWS System WLTRYSVC EXEC WINDOWS System bcmwltry exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswUpdSv exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashServ exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exesvchost exeC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvcC Program Files UPHClean uphclean exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashMaiSv exeC Program Files Alwil Software Avast ashWebSv exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC PROGRA ALWILS Avast ashDisp exeC Program Files SigmaTel C-Major Audio WDM stsystra exeC WINDOWS system WLTRAY exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HTTPFilterC Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SpybotSD exeC Documents and Settings James Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Documents and Settings James Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Documents and Settings James Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Documents and Settings James Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Documents and Settings James Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Documents and Settings James Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Documents and Settings James Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Documents and Settings James My Documents Chrome Downloads dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page about blankuDefault Page URL hxxp partnerpage google com smallbiz dell com en uk hl en amp client dell-usuk amp channel uk-smb amp ibd uSearch Bar uInternet Connection Wizard ShellNext hxxp partnerpage google com smallbiz dell com en uk hl en amp client dell-usuk amp channel uk-smb amp ibd uInternet Settings ProxyOverride localBHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dllBH... Read more

A:Dell laptop randomly crashing

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREWe also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit scanner. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic:Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal AdviceThen create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here:How to create a GMER log

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/295093/dell-laptop-randomly-crashing/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hey guys,

A few weeks ago my computer starting experiencing a few crashes. These initially only took place when playing a computer game such as World of Warcraft. The crashes intially caused the monitor to go black losing connection, however the sound loops for about 10 - 15 seconds before finally stopping.

However in the last few weeks, the problem seems to have grown since it is crashing simply when the browser is open on such sites as youtube. The time between the crashes has also become more frequent.

OS: Windows 7 Home Premium x64 bit (Originally installed) OEM
Display driver: Nvidia GeForce GTX 465
RAM: 4GB

BSOD: OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3

Any information on how to fix this problem or just what is causing it would be incredibly appreciated.

A:Randomly crashing at random intervals.

Hi.

Remove avg from your system.

Download, install and use Microsoft Security Essentials with windows firewall.

Update your gaming mouse software\driver.

Update software\driver for NaturalPoint\Optitrack http://www.naturalpoint.com/optitrack/downloads/

Download and install Driver Sweeper

Download the most recent software\driver for your NVIDIA

Uninstall nvidia software\driver,restart in safe mode,run driver sweeper,choose only NVIDIA-Display and clean,restart in normal mode.

Install the new ati software\driver,restart.

Update DirectX
Run the nvidia-video-card-test post here the results.
Run RAM - Test with Memtest86+

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/200352-randomly-crashing-random-intervals.html