Windows Support Forum

BSOD - Seems to only happen during a League of Legends game

Q: BSOD - Seems to only happen during a League of Legends game

Hi All,
Thank you for taking the time to help me out.
I seem to be getting BSOD's shortly after starting a LoL game, they are very sporadic and do not happen often but I would like to find out what the problem is.

This BSOD has been occurring for a couple of months now I'm fairly sure it started occurring shortly after obtaining my Razer Ouroboros mouse and installing the Razer Synapse software.

Playing any other game for hours doesn't seem to cause any BSOD's so I'm struggling to figure out what it is.

Cheers,
Simon

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: BSOD - Seems to only happen during a League of Legends game

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: BSOD - Seems to only happen during a League of Legends game

Bump for help

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/305602-bsod-seems-only-happen-during-league-legends-game.html
Relevancy 35.69%

I was harvesting parts from a computer, and I found a couple gigs of RAM. I could always use a couple more gigs, but I don't know if they are compatible -- and I do know that if they are incompatible, it won't work. But, exactly what do I risk by trying it out? Will the system just not boot, so I take it out and it's as if nothing ever happened? Or will attempting such an installation actually result in permanent damage to my system if it's not compatible?

A:What is the worst that can happen when installing incompatible RAM?

Usually all that will happen is the system will not boot or cause blue screens. It is very unlikely the incompatibility will cause additional damage.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-is-the-worst-that-can-happen-when-installing-incompatible-ram.212208/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hi all I have a problem thats been ongoing for months and I just cant get it solved so im hoping you can help The problem is that whenever someone speaks in teamspeak ventrilo skype insertvoiphere my game volume drops to almost nil This volumes game Windows ducking is not a problem tied to any individual app as ive been through all the individual fixes to no avail such as volume control plugin disabled etc And the fact that every single voip program does it leads me to it being a windows option somewhere I have also gone into the sounds gt communication and have that set to do nothing It still happens It is not just with Windows ducking game volumes game either I tried different games and the sounds on every single one duck out when someone talks Also another note it also ducks out when I click to run any program on my pc via admin You know when the box pops up asking you if you want to allow this program to make changes to your computer where you click yes When the box pops up and it goes quot beep beep quot at that exact moment the game volume ducks out note - its only ducking game volumes too it doesnt duck out media player youtube vids or anything like this Please please if anyone can help me solve this issue it would be so appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Windows ducking game volumes

I'm assuming that you are on Windows 7? Go to the sound icon on the bottom-right of the desktop, right click and select playback devices. Right click on your default device (Either speakers or an integrated chip set normally) and select properties. Go to the advanced tab and make sure that the Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device box is un-ticked.. and make sure that the give exclusive mode applications prioirty is un-ticked, then report back to see if it has worked (Don't forgot to apply and OK the changes).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-ducking-game-volumes.192988/
Relevancy 30.96%

For the past month, Nvidia has faced its fair share of bad PR thanks to the GeForce GTX 970's memory allocation issue. As has been uncovered by users and explained by Nvidia, the GTX 970's last 512 MB of VRAM...

Read more

A:Nvidia CEO says GTX 970 memory controversy "won't happen again"

Again: the performance didn't change overnight; it's today the same performance than the advertised on launch date. Even that technicality can kill the case. Specifications were the "misleading" part.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/nvidia-ceo-says-gtx-970-memory-controversy-wont-happen-again.209149/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hello everyone
so I have gameserer hosting website
and all my server I rent them from some website
now I have 2 server in my home but I will sell it
and I want to buy new one
but I don't know what is the beast part I have to get it ?
should I get E5 or E3 ? and 1cpu or 2cpu ?
I will host on it some game and its MineCraft and some other game from valve
the other game from valve is
Counter 1.6,scours,go
Garry's mod
Team Fortress 2

so what is the largest server can I have so I can host as many as I can on it ? and about the price I don't care to much on it so if you can just give me something good
I think I will host at less 20-30 servers on it

so what can you advise me ?

A:Bulid servers for Game-Server

Well I would do some researching on what people use for their servers because I don't have much knowledge personally on game servers. What I can provide though is insight on how the parts differ.

A Xeon E5 is based on a completely server-oriented architecture while the E3 is supposedly just a more high-quality binned i7.

I would read up more on server hosting requirements/what is best more in depth than I did below, but the consensus seems to be that the E3 or E5 is fine with lots of RAM. Keep in mind, the E5 can have twice as much RAM as the E3. Another thing to keep in mind is whether the game is multi-threaded or single threaded and the tick-rate of the server. If you have more players and the game is multi-threaded (Minecraft isn't for example if I am not mistaken), then go for the E5 just to be safe.

I was researching online about the CS:GO server requirements and came across this forum post and they linked to this dedicated server wiki page. Since Garry's Mod, CS:GO, and TF2 run on the same engine, the requirements should technically be the same. Minecraft isn't really too demanding either so you should be fine basing the server on Source games. Here are the requirements for a Minecraft server. It seems to me like the servers don't need much horsepower.

Here is another useful forum thread that will provide the best insight.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bulid-servers-for-game-server.208926/
Relevancy 24.08%

So today out of nowhere, "well previouslly I installed game called "TERA" and after it this started but I unistalled it and it's still the same" when I listen to music, any sounds especially when sounds get louder, sound starts to cracklle, familiar to static but crackle, also when I play games, fps is lower now, it sometimes freezes, crackled when game appears to make sound and etc. Sometimes video card turns off and on bottom right it says "Nvidia bla bal bla has stoped working, reconnected bla bla" I have no idea what that is, I changed my Headphones to other ones, I checked temperature of both CPU and GPU, are both fine 30-50~ as it usually is. Unistalled game that it (might off coincidentally) ruin it but I doubt it was that.
I really need help, reinstalling windows and downloading all the stuff with slow internet again will be pain for me.
p.s I installed new drivers for video card too. PLEASE HELP

A:Sound crackle, game lag

Also this thing crashed out of nowhere too

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-crackle-game-lag.205307/
Relevancy 24.51%

Introduction Welcome it seems to me that there have been many people here who have bought certain prebuilt computers only to find that the computer contains only pci slots with no way to add a traditional agp or pci-express x video card Many of these people only find out they can t upgrade after buying the computer and trying unsuccessfully to install quot the newest game quot having it not run at all or very slowly with the integrated graphics chip Then these said people try to find out how they can get quot the newest have only you game? and So want PCI slots to game quot to run on their computers and so they hit the forums like techspot for advice and help Many people will suggest the latest - video card for agp or pci-e without thinking that the person could possibly not have an agp or pci-e slot Then some brave soul So you only have PCI slots and want to game? breaks the bad news that the system in question only has pci slots Some people then lose all hope and say that no pci card would be any So you only have PCI slots and want to game? better than the integrated chip in their pc Today I will be testing one of the best pci graphics card currently available as of the nvidia to see if it really is as slow as integrated graphics as some say or if it does give pci only systems new life I hope this article will help people with pci only systems decide what they should do The reason I care So you only have PCI slots and want to game? about the subject is that I too was in a situation several years ago where my pc only had pci slots and I wanted to play quot the latest game quot which I had purchased My system was a dell dimension but the and B are similar as well Vnf ultra s PCI Review Specs Manufacturer s LINK Made by DFuzion Part DFR P MHz Core Clock Pixel Pipes bit Memory Interface MB ddr memory MHz Pci Interface Where to buy http www newegg com Product Product asp Item N E Edit Product is now deactivated on newegg but they still maintain a link for reference gt gt gt gt gt Edit lt lt lt lt lt The card I tested has been discontinued now At this point mid I d recommend the GT GT HD or GS cards I d recommend the GT for best performance Note There is a GT PCI card made by Albatron but I can t find it for sale in the US - GT- SPARKLE SP GT D L-HP GeForce GT MB -bit GDDR PCI HDCP SPARKLE SP GT D LHP GeForce GT GB -bit DDR PCI HDCP - GS- EVGA -P -N -LR GeForce GS MB -bit GDDR PCI SPARKLE SFPC GS U LP GeForce GS MB -bit GDDR PCI HDCP - GT- SPARKLE SP GT D LHPP GeForce GT MB -bit GDDR PCI HDCP SPARKLE SP GT D LHP GeForce GT GB -bit GDDR PCI HDCP EVGA G-P -N -LR GeForce GT GB -bit DDR PCI -HD - HIS H H PP Radeon HD MB -bit DDR PCI gt gt gt gt gt gt gt gt gt - lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt Memory Interfaces Some of you may question whether a card with a bit memory interface can compete with cards with a bit memory interface I at first questioned this since it seems like quot everywhere quot online people claim that all bit cards are total trash and that the worst bit card would beat the best bit card I then found an interesting benchmark comparing bit cards to cards like the and in which the came out on top Note the cards in question are agp so pci performance is less but the percent differences between cards should be similar when comparing pci cards Here s the link Edit As of at least some of the GT GT and GT cards use a bit memory interface so unless you re on a tight budget I d say avoid bit memory interface cards if possible Gallery Some pictures Test Setup System Dell dimension with mb pc ram pentium A ghz fsb cpu and intel integrated gl graphics System Custom built pc with mb ddr single channel ram athlon ghz and an nforce chipset I used the nvidia drivers in both cases Benchmarks System Before I ran aquamark an older benchmark on the with it s integrated graphics and got a score of for graphics for the processor and a final score of After I then installed a pci nvidia mb card and ran the same benchmark The results are a score of... Read more

A:So you only have PCI slots and want to game?

nice post.. i wish the guy i was selling my video card to saw and read this post before having me deliver my card to his home to install it.. and finding myself staring at PCI slots instead of PCI-e..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/so-you-only-have-pci-slots-and-want-to-game.51437/
Relevancy 23.65%

I am getting random CPU spikes whilst playing games, it lags a lot and Ive noticed a drop in fps when Firefox is running. Though I have a good system which should be able to handle this.

Can someone please advise and what the think the problem is?

A:Random CPU Spikes - FPS Drops In Game - Firefox lag

Can you export the specs to this page?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/random-cpu-spikes-fps-drops-in-game-firefox-lag.204180/
Relevancy 24.51%

Im completely new to building a gaming/ entertainment pc and I need help on the build. I been watching some youtube videos on gaming pc builds but im not sure if they are right for me. I will be using the pc to play games like battlefield 4 but I will also be playing my wii, ps2 emulators. I will be hooking it up to my flat screen tv to watch hd blu ray movies. here are some videos I been watching. Budget is $600

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b31yj4yWiNk&index=4&list...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MOAN005Fvw&list=PL02HDV...

these two builds look interesting. any advice would greatly be appreciated

A:New to building game pc

Still some questions to be answered. Take a look at this Stickied post on how to post these inquiries. http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-post-all-pc-building-queries.119618/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-to-building-game-pc.204318/
Relevancy 24.08%

Guys when I play ARMA II or any game.. there are purple squares on my screen. At first, it was manageable. It didn't affect how I played the game. But later on, it got worse and worse! To the point that my game crashes. But when I play Assassins Creed, if I alt+tab out the purple spots are gone but later on it crashes. Can anyone help me with my problem? By the way, I'm using an HP Pavilion dv5

A:Purple squares when I play a game

^^

in my opinion ur video card its about to blow up but u still can try update ur driver...
if not .. lower graphic on ur game

But listen other ppl opinions

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/purple-squares-when-i-play-a-game.178740/
Relevancy 23.65%

I tried out DXtory2.0 to record Minecraft and downloaded the XVid codec to speed things up. But though the game runs fast (150fps when not recording, 60-80 when I am) the video comes out choppy when I watch later. The write speed on the folder I allocated to put the recorded videos in varies from 20-60 mB/s. I tried dedicating more RAM to Minecraft, setting priority of java high, setting priority of DXtory high, using a USB readyboost, etc. Any ideas as to why this may be?

Also if it helps, sometimes when I'm playing Minecraft with detailed settings, like rendering far and enabling smooth lighting, etc, it becomes choppy and lags for like half a second, before returning to its original 100+ FPS. When I am actually recording, the FPS of the video recorded is far, far slower (10-20FPS) while the game was running at 40-100 when it was being recorded.

My OS is Windows XP.
Memory: 2046MB RAM
Processor: Q8300 @ 2.50 GHz
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 4850

I've spent ages trying to figure this out. It's really frustrating, but currently doing a malware scan. Thanks

A:Major FPS drop while recording, even with fast game

Recording gameplay while playing a game on the same machine is very taxing in general especially seeing as how mincraft is very CPU intensive. Your running on an old Q8300 and the program your using is probably taxing the machine to much and that is causing the skips.

You may want to try a program like Fraps that can limit the frame rates unless the program your using has that option. Many online youtubers or such limit the recording frame rate to 30FPS on lower machines and 60 on upper machines.

Thats probably what your going to have to do.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/major-fps-drop-while-recording-even-with-fast-game.201269/
Relevancy 24.08%

So I just downloaded Unreal engine 4 the other day and I want to start making some games. After working with the engine a little my graphics card (GTX 770) died on me so I need a new one. I was wondering what graphics card I should get that will run programs like UE4 as well as programs like blender, maya and/or 3ds max for character development to put into games. I also want to be able to play pretty much any high end game I want. I was thinking along the lines of either GTX 780 or the 780 ti. I was sticking with Nvidia's models because I heard that they are better for programs like unreal engine 4. Right now I want to get a 27 inch IPS monitor, 1080p of some sort so I know these graphics cards should be good for gaming but wasn't sure if the 780 ti would be better for the 3d modeling and animation stuff in things like maya and 3ds max due to its higher number of cuda cores and such. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

A:GPU for game development and gaming

boagz said:

So I just downloaded Unreal engine 4 the other day and I want to start making some games. After working with the engine a little my graphics card (GTX 770) died on me so I need a new one. I was wondering what graphics card I should get that will run programs like UE4 as well as programs like blender, maya and/or 3ds max for character development to put into games. I also want to be able to play pretty much any high end game I want. I was thinking along the lines of either GTX 780 or the 780 ti. I was sticking with Nvidia's models because I heard that they are better for programs like unreal engine 4. Right now I want to get a 27 inch IPS monitor, 1080p of some sort so I know these graphics cards should be good for gaming but wasn't sure if the 780 ti would be better for the 3d modeling and animation stuff in things like maya and 3ds max due to its higher number of cuda cores and such. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!Click to expand...

Its going to depend on how much you want to spend, Blender is pretty intensive in the realm of GPU's.

780ti will of course be the best option for the gaming aspect, in terms of the Blender and such, I would still say you will be better off with it since it manages to trade blows with even the titan.

But if it comes down to price, you are not missing much with a difference between a 780 and a 780ti.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/geforce-gtx-780-ti-review-benchmarks,3663-14.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gpu-for-game-development-and-gaming.201099/
Relevancy 24.08%

2D graphics are fine, but 3D/Game Graphics are wacky. This problem is not just with Stronghold Kingdoms (as scene in video), but all games with 3D graphics. However the 2D graphics even on the same screen are never effected.

HELP.

I have tried a different Monitor, Graphics Card and sent the motherboard back for a replacement; Biostar sent me custom upgraded BIOS; I've re-seated the CPU/Fan with new thermal paste over 6 times and I've turned on and off every graphics option in games with in the Catalyst Software I can find. This is a brand new build so there is no dust to speak of. I can't find any one else with a problem quite like this so I'm at a loss?!?

I'm Running an AMD Radeon HD 7700 GPU; Biostar TA970 MOBO; AMD FX 4300 CPU; 16 GB RAM; Windows 8.1; Catylist 13.12 with 750 watt corsair PS.

1 minute screen capture of problem at:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/3d-game-graphics-flicker-and-jump.200012/
Relevancy 24.08%

I'm using a Radeon 7970 and I've had this problem off and on throughout my PC's almost a year long life. I have a warranty on all parts until April, but I'm not sure if it is the graphics card or something else causing this. Have any ideas on what may be causing this?

A:Bad Graphics Card? (In Game Screenshots)

Yes, that's related to GPU. Have you updated to the latest GPU drivers, making sure to use clean install option?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bad-graphics-card-in-game-screenshots.199918/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hi,
for the past 2-3 weeks I have been experiencing very high ping and lags pikes in every game that I play, my pc is virtually brand new and doesn't seem to be the problem. I'm 100% sure it is my internet connection, however I cannot pin point what is going wrong, I have IOP (internet over power) to my computer and I also have a wireless connection to my computer however I get the pinging problem with both of these. I have reset my modem multiple times, and I am on cable internet. After each reset I might only get 1-2 mins of good gameplay until the spikes start again, it is very frustrating.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:High Ping and lag spikes in every game

Try one or the other, don't use both simultaneously. Powerline ethernet connections can be a beast of their own to troubleshoot dropped packets & lagg. Disabled the wireless, then try the wired connection for a while & see if issue persists. Then do the same, disable wired & try wireless & see if issue persists. IF the issue is still there, then I'd try to connect PC to the modem directly, this may require a really long ethernet cable, but doing so will allow us to test the PCs network card. IF the issue still persists after a direct connection to the modem, then I'd call the service provider and have them replace the modem - it may have a bad LAN port(s) that are causing the issues.

Post back. Hope this helps!!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/high-ping-and-lag-spikes-in-every-game.199179/
Relevancy 23.65%

This is not intended to be a sob story but I just want you to know what it is all about. I have a niece that is slowly deteriorating from MS. She does not have much that she can do anymore but one of her enjoyments is playing a game called WSOP Challenge (world series of poker challenge). Right during Christmas the game stopped working and Sprint can't seem to help her get it back on her phone. She called me asking if I knew what to do and I tried but could not find any info on what she needed to do to get it working. Sprint told her to delete it from her phone which was not a good idea because I have found no where that she can download it from and put it back on her phone. Would anyone be so kind to give me some advice on how to fix her problem. Time is not on her side but what she does have left I want it to be very enjoyable. Thanks so much for your help.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lg-rumor-phone-and-game-question-very-important.199220/
Relevancy 24.08%

I'm looking to upgrade from my 24" 1920x1200. I tried to play games on my 55" TV and it just didn't feel right. I play mostly FPS like BF4

A:Does anyone here game on a 30" 2560x1600 monitor

I game on a 100Hz+ 27in 2560x1440 Qnix QX2710. The extra pixels and the higher framerates are excellent for FPS gaming, and for the price you can't get much better. A quick google will show up lots of useful threads if you're interested.

I wouldn't get a 30in 2560x1600 monitor just for gaming, they are very expensive and more aimed towards graphics/design professionals rather than gamers. Things you're paying a premium for such as a wide gamut won't be useful and indeed might be detrimental as a gaming and general use monitor.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/does-anyone-here-game-on-a-30-2560x1600-monitor.198467/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hey guys, I need some help, I wanna play LoL but I'm having a problem because the game freezes, the screen goes black and all I can hear is the sound of it.
I play on a pc with Windows Vista Business 32bit/ 2GB RAM/Intel Core2 CPU T7200 @ 2.0GHZ/ NVIDIA GeForce Go 7400.
I can't seem to get the proper drivers though, because the nvidia website says there are none available for this graphic card.. Ideas anyone??

A:Game freezes, the screen goes black

I would either get a new graphics card or try lowering the settings as soon as you appears in a game. Change your resolution all the way down and make sure shadows and everything else is on low or very low and sound off if you like.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/game-freezes-the-screen-goes-black.190016/
Relevancy 24.08%

I really want some help here cause I have absolutely no idea Specs AMD A - M APU with Radeon tm DH Graphics Quad core Ghz G DDR memory Gig HDD G full Graphics Radeon HD G over FPS down Game time slows Alright I ve never really run into this problem before I can download a game and play it for the first day wonderfully Game FPS slows down over time I start back up and the next day the FPS is cut in half One of these games is War Thunder and going from an average of FPS Game FPS slows down over time to is a little painful Starmade also had this problem I was running FPS for a few days then it dropped to around and stayed there These drops happened weeks apart This has happened with other games but none of their drops happened at the same time The worst part is that one a game drops it always runs that slow and never runs any better regardless of how many restarts settings changes or background programs I close This is odd because I ve never heard of a game-specific drop in performance I should probably mention that the laptop s only about a month old If anyone could help me with this that would be great Thank you nbsp

A:Game FPS slows down over time

First, we usually tell people that if this thing is still under warranty then contact seller and tell them of your issues. A10 chips are good chips.

Second, do you have a cooling pad? Heat can cause this issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/game-fps-slows-down-over-time.195014/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hello so as the title suggests my game crashes whenever Every for game reason crashes play I no I play any game for like minutes Some games don t even start up When they crash the game freezes and im Every game I play crashes for no reason forced to start task manager and end the process to get back to the desktop my computer does NOT bluescreen The weird thing is my computer runs like its brand new Every game I play crashes for no reason when not playing games I can run many livestreams and render videos very quickly its just the Every game I play crashes for no reason games which crash Specs not included in profile Corsair TX w PSU Arctic cooling freezer for processor Here are some of the solutions I have tried so far to get my games to work again - Reset to factory settings - Malware scan - Virus scan - Registry clean - Stress test on hardware - MEMTEST - clean out inside pc - Validating game cache on steam Its not just steam games that crash its all games - Defragmented my HDD and SSD - Removed any overclocks If anyone has any other ideas please please get back to me ASAP some people have said to unplug the hardware and plug it back in but I didnt know if this was safe Any other ideas are greatly appreciated If you need more info just ask Regards Luke nbsp

A:Every game I play crashes for no reason

Check your CPU temps and voltages. Are you overclocking? You may need to set voltages directly, instead of 'auto'.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/every-game-i-play-crashes-for-no-reason.194836/
Relevancy 24.51%

Lately ive been trying to vid some gameplay and when I setup my camtasia up the games start lagging even though on the games which are not really demanding and I get 150 fps easily.. still get lag turning v sync on or off changes nothing what can this be I doubt it is a cpu problem cause i5-3570k 4.0 is alrdy overkill enough for it what could it be?

A:Game lag while recording

Hard drive, free software limitations, RAM ...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/game-lag-while-recording.194585/
Relevancy 24.08%

I have a brand new computer which is much capable on computer new regardless Game OS of freezes brand of doing what I ask for Unfortunately it kept freezing very early in games I tried BF shogun and dead island The outcome is the same At first I thought it might be because I was using a win and it had some compatibility problems Then I installed win ultimate after deleting everything on C applied Game freezes on brand new computer regardless of OS all updates for windows and video card drivers then tried dead island again You know what it crashed on character selection screen Then it also crashed in the end of my first battle on shogun What I mean by crashed is that it is totally frozen and I can t even do ctrl-alt-del It leaves the only choice to me as reset So I guess it is not because of the OS so I would definitely appreciate if you can help me with this Here is my build G SKILL Ripjaws GB x GB DDR PC DIMM RAM Cooler Master Hyper EVO Cooler mm CPU Cooler AMD BullDozer Eight Core FX- GHz AM Processor CPU LG GH NS X SATA Internal SATA Game freezes on brand new computer regardless of OS DVD Writer Sapphire HD XT G GDDR PCI-E Dual Fan Video Card Graphics Card Cooler Master K Mid Tower Gaming Chassis quot Samsung LED Monitor LED FSP Aurum W ATX PSU Active PFC Black Asus M A EVO R Motherboard Socket AM AMD xDDR xPCIe- xPCIe- Firewire RAID ATX Any help you can provide is very much appreciated Thank you nbsp

A:Game freezes on brand new computer regardless of OS

There are many things that can be the cause of this. I first thought it was the GPU, but as I read on, I think it could be either a RAM, temperature, or HDD issue. It is most likely a RAM issue.

Another issue could be overheating, but since the games crash basically instantly, it doesnt seem to be an issue. Just to make sure, can you download RealTemp and tell me temperatures on the CPU? Also, download GPU-Z, and tell me the GPU temperatures (sensor tab of GPU-Z, under "GPU Temperature").

Most likely cause: It could also be bad RAM (this is the most likely reason). Download Memtest86, put it on a flash drive, and boot into it. Run Memtest about 5-10 times and tell me the results.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/game-freezes-on-brand-new-computer-regardless-of-os.194153/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hi im pretty good with problems but this one is doing my head in now the problem is im not sure what the actual problem is the symptoms include corrupted desktop display game crashing corrupted firefox display these symptoms are not continual and dont Corrupted game crashing desktop display, appear after boot up ati smartgart reports agp is off adjusting it makes no difference the system is old but has been very reliable mobo is asrock i gv with onboard vga cpu dual core intel mem gb o s xp pro sp graphics card ati radeon mb agp directx all drivers are current including chipset drivers things ive done reinstalled graphics card and drivers and onboard vga drivers ive tried using the onboard Corrupted desktop display, game crashing vga without the radeon installed but have same problem have disconnected all usb devices but no change have tried other hdds with xp pro o s and still have the problem this makes me think its a hardware problem mobo perhaps have checked forums but no help anyone have any idea any help would be appreciated its got me baffled the worst symptoms are when trying to start games and these games are old and according to their requirements this system is well above the recommended they recommend pentium or above thats how old they are lol oh and I have a superfast modern pc but this one was the first I built so it has sentimental value hence not keen on scrapping nbsp

A:Corrupted desktop display, game crashing

1st 3 lines lead me to believe currupt grapics card might be wrong but desc top games etc all use graphics..
I do think its got something to do with graphics I could be totally wrong but seams very strange how mainly problem is when starting games. or maybe psu could be faulty and now supllying enough power lets see what the real tech guys say

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/corrupted-desktop-display-game-crashing.193672/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hey guys I have seen a few post about stuff like this but they didn t have what I have going on So a few weeks ago I m playing World of Tanks and it was working fine for hours then I go to play Counter strike for a few hours nothing happen everything worked fine Well when I got around to Dragon age I always fun in windows mode I clicked the internet to look something up but then when I clicked back into Dragon age it gave me a black screen and a screen saver came up saying Not Opitimum Mode- Recommended Mode x Hz I never seen this ever So I took my friends monitor and hooked it up to mine and everything came up the game and all But when I hook mine back up it goes back to this screen People told me it s my video card but how could it be that if switching screens worked Now I didn t use the screen long just a few minutes but I m going crazy with playing when screen game. a Black out my GAMES nbsp

A:Black screen when playing a game.

What are your system specs?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/black-screen-when-playing-a-game.192890/
Relevancy 24.08%

Have a huge problem I'm completely stumped on..on virtually all my games (Tropico 3&4,L4D2 and TF2 via Steam) about 5 mins into the game my monitor switches off forcing me to restart my pc (usually with the game still running although it sometimes loops)

Ive tried virtually everything I can think of:my pc isnt running hot/overheating,have updated everything(including going from XP to win7)..this is something that has got progressively worse since before Xmas...dunno what next..ANY help needed!
PC spec
AMD Phenom 9950 Quad Core
4 gb Ram
Flatron L225WS 22" monitor
Corsair HX1000kw psu
Geforce 9600 GT 512mb
Win 7 64bit

A:Monitor switches off mid-game??

Hmmm, the first thing I think of in these situations is an overheating problem (BTW I assume that you mean your computer stops displaying picture, rather than your actual monitor turning off). Have you checked your temps whilst at full load? If not, get FurMark to test your GPU and Prime95 to test your CPU. If your computer crashes during these tests then that is also a problem.

The fact that this is getting progressively worse leads me to think that your GPU may be dying.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-switches-off-mid-game.191260/
Relevancy 23.65%

Guys, I have a dell monitor which is that:Dell E Series E1912H 18.5" Monitor with LED | Dell.
I bought it yeasterday.
Is it possible to run game at 1920*1080 resolution in 18.5 inch LED monitor along with this config which would be my config in very near future:
PRO:core i5 3470 or core i3 3220
Ram:8GB ram ddr3 1600mhz/1333
GPU:ATI 7770/7850 2GB OC
A guy tell me it is not possible if I had not 21 inch monitor.so what is the difference between in 21 and 18 inch monitor.what I know that screen is bigger.pls tell me more about their difference.That's it
Negetive reply will
Thanksssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

A:Is it possible to run game at 1920*1080 resolution in 18.5-inch LED monitor

Mate, the difference between a 18 inch monitor and a 21 inch monitor, is quite literally, 3 inches. What resolution a monitor will support is not the same as how big it is.

You cannot run 1920x1080 on that monitor, because your monitor only supports 1366x768, it has nothing to do with your pc configuration.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-it-possible-to-run-game-at-1920-1080-resolution-in-18-5-inch-led-monitor.190260/
Relevancy 70.52%

My computer likes to lag a lot on games like planetside 2 and league of legends and sometimes amnesia. What do you recommend for a graphics card? I'll post specs if asked

A:Graphics card for Planet Side 2 and League of Legends

What Settings do you have these games to? League of legends can be run without a graphics card. Also post your specs. (and by no graphics card I mean intergrated)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/graphics-card-for-planet-side-2-and-league-of-legends.189581/
Relevancy 72.24%

Basicly I play League of legends and im on constant 60-80 ping yet again I still lag what could be causing these delays

1 18 ms 93 ms 98 ms dsldevice.lan [192.168.***.****]
2 43 ms 27 ms 42 ms 192.168.181.227
3 79 ms 37 ms 36 ms 217.22.189.189

4 55 ms 54 ms 40 ms adsluser98_178.datastream.com.mt [217.15.98.178]

5 78 ms 66 ms 76 ms PO6-0.mil-cal-access-1.interoute.net [84.233.163
.29]
6 110 ms 69 ms 153 ms xe-3-1-0-0.mil-cal-score-2-re0.interoute.net [89
.202.146.73]
7 71 ms 104 ms 78 ms ae4.mil20.ip4.tinet.net [141.136.98.1]
8 85 ms 63 ms 94 ms xe-2-2-0.fra23.ip4.tinet.net [141.136.110.105]
9 63 ms 107 ms 64 ms internap-gw.ip4.tinet.net [77.67.73.166]
10 * * * Request timed out.

A:Lagging in League of Legends despite 60-80 ping

Are you sure it's not your PC lagging? As in, your graphics card and CPU.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lagging-in-league-of-legends-despite-60-80-ping.188945/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hi, I've recently bought a new laptop because the former one had huge, unfixable overheating issues even if I used a cooling pad, didnt play games etc. It was a Acer Aspire 5738G.
My new one is a HP Pavillion G6.
I haven't had any major overheating issues with it yet and it has an average CPU temp of 40-45C when I'm only surfing, which I know is completely normal/safe. When I play games like GTA San Andreas or other older games it goes to around 55C and reaches 60C if I've played it for more than one hour.
Yesterday I tried L.A. Noire, which is a pretty new game and it didnt take more than 5 minutes for the CPU to reach 70C, which gave me haunting memories of the Acer Aspire.
Is this normal/safe? Should I lower the settings?

CPU: Intel i7-3612QM
AMD Radeon HD 7670M (1 GB DDR3)

A:Reaching 70°C when playing a game like L.A. Noire normal?

70c is not to bad try keep the laptop cool as possible. just keep the heat vent clear and you should be fine.
some model of HP do have overheating issues.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/reaching-70%C2%B0c-when-playing-a-game-like-l-a-noire-normal.187686/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hiya all Recently I noticed my FPS in online gaming dropped to FPS I had to close game in online 4 FPS the game client and re-open it again for it to go away After that I 4 FPS in online game had only FPS My laptop is getting very slow and sometimes the system hangs too most often when I use multiple programs The hardware is not damaged I know this for a fact because it never fell nor bumped I remember when I first bought this laptop year ago I had no speed problems and the MMORPG I mentioned above also ran smoothly with maximal graphic settings Now I get around - FPS with lowest graphic settings Things I already did Full CHKDSK Defragmentation Full on-boot virus scan with Avast Full clean with CCleaner temp files and registery Removed all unnecessary rarely used programs I have a dxdiag results report ready in case you guys need it General system specs Operating System Windows Home Premium -bit Build Service Pack win sp gdr - System Manufacturer TOSHIBA System Model SATELLITE C D- G BIOS BIOS Date Ver Processor AMD E- APU with Radeon tm HD Graphics CPUs GHz Memory MB RAMClick to expand Thanks in advance nbsp

A:4 FPS in online game

You could be running out of memory, depending on what you have going on.

What resolution are you playing at on this laptop? Also how high are your graphical settings.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/4-fps-in-online-game.187700/
Relevancy 24.08%

After watching videos of Arma 2 and DayZ on YouTube, I now want to play those games more than anything. Problem is I don't have a gaming computer or laptop. After looking into some options I feel like a laptop might be best for my needs, but my question is could a laptop run these games on high settings with still getting high fps and run smoothly? I barely know anything about computers so I could really use the help. I checked into some Alienware laptops, and was looking at the m17x. Would that be able to play this game with high fps?

A:Will this laptop play this game at high fps?

This link may help. - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M Review

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/will-this-laptop-play-this-game-at-high-fps.186298/
Relevancy 24.08%

So after few days me and my friend we where playing dead island. Then suddenly my screen went black but still I can hear sound of the game only. Then that smell came from my desktop like something was burned I don't know what but it seems from power supply because I tested again I turned back on game and waited for few minutes and the smell was coming like from power supply what I have tested now is counter strike 1.6 battlefield bad company 2 it works But like world of warcraft or dead island garrys mod and probably other games don't work
My pc spec are
*CPU:Intel Core Quad Q6600 2.40Ghz
*GPU:GTX260
*RAM:4GB
*Hard drive:1TB
*Power Suppply:700W
I just don't know what do to

Some people saying that I need to replace new power supply and later on new graphic card

A:After starting game my monitor goes black

What is the make of your power supply? A bad power supply will cause all kinds of issues and if you are not careful will damage other hardware components. Remove said power supply.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/after-starting-game-my-monitor-goes-black.184871/
Relevancy 24.08%

so basically my screen has colored trianles that follow the colors of cerinthings on thje screen and the are flashing constanly and its extremly annoying and I dont know what ot do iv tryed everything from v synce and other things and no avail I have a picture to so you can kinda see the problem with fraps runnign as well

here is the image http://imgur.com/m7gU7

A:Game visuals broken and I don't know what to do

It sounds like its either a display or GPU problem, but I'm struggling to see what the issue is looking at that picture.

You can find out which by using a different display with the computer. If this resolves it, it's the display that's the problem. If it remains with another display, it suggests the GPU is a problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/game-visuals-broken-and-i-dont-know-what-to-do.182375/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hi So I have a Toshiba netbook Windows and I bought an external CD drive for my computer since it doesn t come with one I play PC games and I have an old game called Roller Coaster Tycoon which I ve been able to play just drive? into Please game F insert fine Please insert game into F drive? for about a year on Please insert game into F drive? my Toshiba Recently all the files corrupted on it and wiped out the game so I reinstalled it and was able to play for about three months and again it worked fine Now whenever I try playing it a message comes up saying quot Please insert your RollerCoaster Tycoon CD in the following drive F quot but I have the game in the external drive and I don t know why it keeps coming up I ve been able to play other older PC games on my computer without this problem like The Sims and Age of Empires The Conquerors So I decided to install a bit newer version of RollerCoaster Tycoon Loopy Landscapes and the same problem is happening Is something wrong with my computer s F drive or is the game just being unresponsive nbsp

A:Please insert game into F drive?

It's either the disk itself for the game or the external cd drive may be going bad. try testing with different kinds of disks: audio cd, video dvd, data cd, data dvd, etc. see what the external drive reads and does not read. if it works with all types of disks without flaw, then I'm going to say that the media disk itself for your game is bad. Hope this helps, take care!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/please-insert-game-into-f-drive.174759/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hi there I currently have a studio 1747 from Dell. I play some video games on it mostly from steam such has CS, CSS, the new CSGO TF2 etc. Lately ive been getting random FPS drops in game. I could be running fine at about 150fps for 5-20 mins then all of a sudden it drops to about 20. At first I thought it was caused by overheating but then I went out ad bought a cooling pad with three cooling fans to put underneath it and I'm still getting this problem. Im beginning to think that maybe this laptop just cant handle pc gaming? But my starting FPS is at about 120-125 before these drops. Any solutions would be great!

Relevancy 24.51%

Ok so I had an old HP pavilion with integrated graphics and the game ran perfect Recently that computer gave out and wouldn t even turn on So I was looking online at some refurbised PCs and I game problem FPS on 2D found a HP compaq dc small form factory with intel core duo processor gb hd gb ram and with windows for a couple hundred bucks so FPS problem on 2D game I decided to buy it Computer works fine like brand new The main reason I bought it is to play my D game like before So I download it and FPS problem on 2D game I instantly notice lag and I check everything like internet connection and everything else and I finally see its because I m only getting - FPS So I been researching the last days and so far no progress I just dont understand how my only junk computer ran at - FPS which was more than enough for this D game This computer I have now has FPS problem on 2D game integrated Intel GMA graphics but serioulsy how good does a graphics chip need to be to run a D game properly my old computer had nothing special Please if any can help it would be greatly appreciated THANKS nbsp

A:FPS problem on 2D game

If your new PC is better than your old PC by all means, first check if anything else is running in the background, and consuming a lot of CPU cycles, i.e., having a lot of CPU usage. Most common culprits are Photoshop, rundll32.exe, malware, etc. You haven't stated which game particularly you want to (or used to) play.
Plus, the settings at which you run the game also matter. Some more details would be helpful.
Regards, Marnomancer.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fps-problem-on-2d-game.179594/
Relevancy 23.65%

My brother just asked me to help him setup the audio on his computer, he wants only the game audio to play on his 2.1 speakers and he wants only ventrilo chat to be heard over his headset. I've never tried to setup something like that before as I've always been more into console gaming where this issue doesn't come up so I'm hoping someone here can give me a quick instructional on how to do this.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/game-audio-on-speakers-chat-on-headset.176461/
Relevancy 23.65%

Heya i ve downloaded and tried to play the following online games Allods Shaiya Runes of Magic Lotro Everytime I downloaded each game and tried to connect to any of their servers it would always come up with a connection or client timeout error of some sort I m not sure if it has anything to do with my internet connection because recently I downloaded and played the beta for SWTOR online on my old crap vista laptop which is about years old Apart from very very low fps due to a terrible video card my swtor online servers unable game to connect Laptop to connection was perfect I also Laptop unable to connect to online game servers downloaded the swtor beta on my new laptop and after finishing the massive game download it came up with a data error though I can t remember what it was perhaps it is also related to my current problem My current IP is WIC New Zealand and doesn t have ethernet ports on modem Laptop specs WIndows -bit Home premium Service pack Toshiba Processor Intel Core i - CPU GHz GHz Ram GB Thats the basic information If you need anything else please let me know Thanks nbsp

A:Laptop unable to connect to online game servers

hi bunny 15405 welcome to TS
just quick idea here yhu dont have a firewall blocking the connections to their servers to yhu?

James

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-unable-to-connect-to-online-game-servers.174944/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hey So this started a few days ago out of the blue i didnt install anything game of out digital in analog, (shows Monitor the sync when thing) goes or change anything i fired up batman arkham city on my pc i played that Monitor goes out of sync (shows the analog, digital thing) when in game game before on my pc this was routine and when going ingame monitor went black and gave me that Analog Digital thing at the upper left corner then it ll play that Hardware unplugged sound im on a xp Screen will stay black and go to sleep mode I ran dmark same thing happened Now i m getting no artifacts no tears no weird visual glitches games will even let me go ingame and play for about minutes before the screen shuts down computer will run fine d is great videos run great gpu Monitor goes out of sync (shows the analog, digital thing) when in game temps are between to on idle to on full throttle i was thinking of dust bunnies or dirt in general inside my gpu s heatsink and around my gpu i was gonna open the heatsink but the screws are really tight and i only have one of those handle-less drivers http creamyg hugelaser com Projects CES Log Photo Log CES Log Thin Screwdriver jpg What do i do can t afford a new gpu now nbsp

A:Monitor goes out of sync (shows the analog, digital thing) when in game

Ok, i opened up the heatsink, it was pretty dirty, so i cleaned everything up.
I reinstalled the GPU on its usual port, and it wouldn't give me an image. So i set it on another port, and voila, image. i doubt it fixed my problem though.

I'm gonna report later if it goes out of sync again

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-goes-out-of-sync-shows-the-analog-digital-thing-when-in-game.174600/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hello everyone For a past few weeks I have been experiencing noticeably low framerates in all games It s really annoying because right now I can t performance low Surprisingly in-game play even deus ex human revolution which was very friendly to my setup before My machine may not be the newest one but its not the worst on the market My pc contains- Q at ghz x gb corsair ddr ram mhz hd mhz gigabyte ga-g m-s l Surprisingly low in-game performance don t laugh at it I know it pretty much suc s ocz stealthxstream w and seagate gb hard disk rpm I use mostly res vista home basic b service pack Framerate in deus ex human revolution reaches fps max in town and up to fps in closed areas In battlefield open beta maximum framerate was around - fps all the times well I know that this pc has it Surprisingly low in-game performance s golden era somewhere in the past but it s not supposed to suck so badly atm especially that right after dx hr was released I was actually able to run Surprisingly low in-game performance it maxed with - fps I noticed lower framerates in all my other games too WoW Crysis the witcher I would be very grateful for helping me out on this issue since its starting to wash gaming away from my life pretty much What should I do nbsp

A:Surprisingly low in-game performance

To me, other than your computers power supply being a tad bit on the low side for my tastes, I really don't see anything that would be holding your system back, from being a decent little gamer. All the hardware is there, and it all looks like it should be up to par in regards to gaming.

Now of course the obvious questions...do you know if your computers video card drivers are up to date? Are your computers sound card drivers up to date? And or course, is your computers operating system totally up to date? If yes, yes & yes, I normally then venture forth into temperature related issues. When was the last time you took your computers case side panel off and took a can of compressed air and really gave it all a good cleaning? Sometimes dirt and dust and dander build up on key area's inside a computer, normally video cards and areas of the motherboards can make for unstable temperatures on those parts. Hence reducing that devices full potential when normally in a cool state.

When was the last time you tested all your devices through your operating system? Are there any parts in there that are leaning towards being on the old side, if so, are those parts now starting to fail therefore starting to hold back your system from being all it can be?

Well that's about all from me, I'll wait to see what you have to say, plus that laundry list of questions could be looked at as a "to do list" and should keep you busy for a little while. But don't give up hope, I'm sure with my help and the help of more competent people here on the forums your going to be just fine!

So get back to us..........

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/surprisingly-low-in-game-performance.171867/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hello everybody game-server PC Building hosting for So gaming community needs to build up new pc for game-server hosting and web page I don t know about webpage guess that shouldn t take too much but I know about game servers So games are as follows CSS public slots TF public slots CS public slots and minecraft Current pc can t handle the load anymore Now it s only webpage one TF Building PC for game-server hosting server slots and one css slots but it s almost empty all the time max players Building PC for game-server hosting And TF server is lagging as hell Current pc specs AMD Athlon X Dual Core gigs DDR MHz Now a couple of admins me included Building PC for game-server hosting built a pcs And now there s choice between these two CPU i - K RAM GB DDR MHz MB ASUS P H -M PSU Corsair TX and nd pc AMD Phenom II X T BE overclocked to T level GA- GM-UD H As you can see we can t decide which cpu will do a better job I m on AMD side cause it got cores and happens to be better ar multitasking Some other people is on Intel s side cause it s a better cpu overall So question is which will be better Intel or AMD And then would the best cpu handle one more css public server and tf public We want to build a machine that can handle a lot of servers before lags I m sorry for my bad english Thanks in advance AddicTeD nbsp

A:Building PC for game-server hosting

If you really want to set up a server i wold advise maybe buying a server motherboard with 2 cpu's running Intel xeon processors

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-pc-for-game-server-hosting.170662/
Relevancy 71.38%

Having issues with Direct3D

I just installed Windows 7 on my computer. I haven't used in a while and got a copy from my dad. Since I don't have any work to do on it yet, I decided to install a game I recently got into - League of Legends - but the problem is, I cannot play. When I start up the game, I get the error in the title... "Could not load direct3d" I have no idea what's going on and I would love some help on the issue.

Here is my DxDiag if needed:
View attachment DxDiag.txt

Please and Thank You!

A:'Could not load direct3d' error for League of Legends

What kind of GPU do you have? Because you're running DirectX 11 and judging by how old all you're other components are I doubt you're GPU supports DX11. Look up the specifications of w/e card it is you have, and it should say what DX it supports.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/could-not-load-direct3d-error-for-league-of-legends.170683/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hello Guys I am having trouble with my graphic freezes colors! with suddenly weird Game card nvidia gts it was working fine few days ago but suddenly a problem arose When i start any game it opens smoothly everything works fine but after - mins it freezes with wierd colors all over the display I started Witcher to show my error it appears Game suddenly freezes with weird colors! like this Scanned my computer via antivirus for malware but in vain I am really confused what is causing this to happen or my graphic card is no more I will be very thankful to you guys ----------------------------------System Specs --------------------------------------- OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium bit Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM GB x GB Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GT Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free Game suddenly freezes with weird colors! - MB E Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd H M-S H x x Antivirus ESET Smart Security Updated No On-Demand Scanner Enabled Using Cooler Master power supply W nbsp

A:Game suddenly freezes with weird colors!

It might be overheating. Does the graphics card fan work and come up to full speed?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/game-suddenly-freezes-with-weird-colors.169551/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hi guys I want to ask why any game can t launch on my laptop When I launching game its pop-up No suitable graphics card found Could not find a Direct D device that supports the XNA Framework Reach profile Verify that a suitable graphics device is installed Make sure the desktop is not locked and that no other aplication is running in full screen mode Avoid running under Can't Direct3D game, any error launch Remote Desktop or as a Windows service Check the display properties Can't launch any game, error Direct3D to make sure hardware acceleration is set to Full Click to expand And my dxdiag showing ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report Machine name Operating System Windows XP Professional Build Service Pack xpsp sp qfe - Language English Regional Setting Lithuanian System Manufacturer Dell Inc System Model Inspiron BIOS Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version A Processor Intel R Pentium R Dual CPU T GHz CPUs Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C WINXP DirectX Version DirectX DX Setup Parameters Not found DxDiag Version bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ DirectX Files Tab No problems found Display Tab The system is using the generic video driver Please install video driver provided by the hardware manufacturer Direct D functionality not available You should verify that the driver is a final version from the hardware manufacturer Sound Tab No problems found Music Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found Network Tab No problems found -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D n a DirectDraw retail DirectInput n a DirectMusic n a DirectPlay retail DirectSound retail DirectShow retail --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name Manufacturer Chip type DAC type Device Key Enum Display Memory n a Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Monitor Max Res Driver Name vga dll Driver Version Lithuanian DDI Version unknown Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo d Yes WHQL Date Stamp n a VDD n a Mini VDD vga sys Mini VDD Date bytes Device Identifier D B EE - - CF-B - AAEC C Vendor ID x Device ID x SubSys ID x Revision ID x Revision ID x Video Accel Deinterlace Caps n a Registry OK DDraw Status Not Available D D Status Not Available AGP Status Not Available DDraw Test Result Not run D D Test Result Not run D D Test Result Not run D D Test Result Not runClick to expand nbsp

A:Can't launch any game, error Direct3D

It seems that the laptop did not detect your graphic card. Check if the drivers are well installed and if you can try reinstalling them. As in the display devices it shows like nothing connected or driver missing.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-launch-any-game-error-direct3d.168238/
Relevancy 17.63%

Hi, I would like to know on how to full screen a game? I play Specialforce/Soldierfront and Crossfire. When I go to the game its not full screen.. Theres a blank/black space on the left and right.. but in the bottom and the top its full screen. Can you teach me on how to full screen on VGA? thanks..Because I can't use DVI and Nvidia Scaling it.. I will stick to the VGA.. Can anyone help me? Please help me.

A:How can I full screen a game on VGA -> Can I full screen it with settings?

Resolution/aspect ratio

Sounds to me that ether you need to change the resolution in the game or your aspect ratio to match your monitors.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-can-i-full-screen-a-game-on-vga-can-i-full-screen-it-with-settings.163487/
Relevancy 14.62%

Hello guys......I need your help....I have sony vaio vgn-fs515b and after installing windows 7 i was updating its bios......!!!!

Everything was working fine but in between a blue screen came. It said that your system is shutting down due to some problem and at the end it said:

"Dumping physical memory".

When i restarted my laptop all the light were on but nothing came on screen. I don't know what to do.......Please help me........!!!!

I know this happened because of incomplete upgradation of bios but what should i do not?

A:Sony Vaio VGN-FS515b doesn't start after BSOD

The motherboards bios is corrupt. You may be able to correct this if you can pull the CMOS battery and reconnect it. Otherwise the motherboard will have to be replaced

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sony-vaio-vgn-fs515b-doesnt-start-after-bsod.162562/
Relevancy 35.26%

Hello there, I am looking to upgrade/replace my Ati radeon hd 5770, but I need to keep my upgrade's price to no more than 175$. Really the one I am looking at is the Ati radeon hd 5870. Although as you know it is unrealistic to expect to find one in my price range and I want the new gpu in time for October. Do you think there will be a price drop on the 5870 by then? I mean I know about how the new series of Ati and Nvidia gpus are coming this year but how much would you guess the price would drop on the 5870 or 5950?

Regards, Benjamin

A:Any idea on when price drops may happen for the 5870?

Short answer is they wont drop in price- at least not significantly or widespread.
Dropping the prices on 5870 and 5850 cards cannibalizes the potential sales of 6870 and 6850 cards. You will probably see spot specials from selected retail and etail stores but they will be of limited stock and for a limited time period (from a few days to a week duration) unless the manufacturer or vendor has excess stock to get rid of -such as MSI's undercutting of other board manufacturers recently.
For your $175 budget I would suggest you look at the Asus DCII 5850. A stock 5850 is around 12-17% slower than a 5870 - not a huge real world difference. The DCII also has very good overclocking potential, and should reach (or surpass) 5870 levels of performance without any difficulty. I would not expect 5850 prices to drop much below this price, and I doubt you will see sub-$200 prices for 5870's -a least not widespread, before both disappear from store shelves.

My advice, if you are looking for the best bang-per-buck is to keep checking back with the big etailers for these special deals, or to look at the secondhand market (if a 5870 is a must have) -make sure the seller has good sales feedback, and preferably that the card is still covered by warranty. Local pickup or buyers insurance (using PayPal or similar) would be in your best interest also. Steer clear of volt-modded cards- they tend to have had hard lives.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/any-idea-on-when-price-drops-may-happen-for-the-5870.162412/
Relevancy 23.65%

Well Dragon Age 2 is out and it supports DX11, this is the only game I have that uses DX11 to my knowledge and when its enabled my screen gets blurred in game. When its in Windowed mode it doesn't blur so I don't think its the game. I have a topic on the game's site open but support is..slow. I think is has something to do with the settings on my graphics card, I've read around and heard something about an A.I setting?

I'll give the link to my topic so if you want to read whats already been discussed then you can, also here are my specs:

Windows 7
Intel Core 2 Duo E8400 @ 3.00 GHz
4Gb Corsair RAM
HIS Radeon HD 5770
750 Watt Corsair PSU
Gigabyte Motherboard

Link: http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/300/index/6413136/1#6466158

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dx11-enabled-in-game-and-screen-is-blurred.162325/
Relevancy 23.65%

hey guys can yall help me out on this My monitor screen goes black while playing games i can hear the in-game music still playing and my computer is still on I currently have this in my comp Windows XP not sure if it s professional Nvidia gbs of ram gbs of black goes any Monitor playing game when screen hard drive currently i have done this to try to fix the problem and have not yet figured out whats wrong -got a new monitor -new mm fan -updated all drivers -messed with monitor settings -cleaned inside of the tower with compressed air -opened up tower when playing to get more Monitor screen goes black when playing any game airflow -new heat sync for fan Can anyone tell me what i have to do i have spent trying to fix this and nothing Monitor screen goes black when playing any game works I have tried to play other games such as Minecraft DC universe online WoW and maplestory I dont know if i need a new graphics card or its as simple as taking out and putting the graphics card back in PLEASE HELP nbsp

A:Monitor screen goes black when playing any game

i have spent $200+ trying to fix this and nothing works.Click to expand...

What have you spent so much on? In all probability it's the GPU or the PSU causing the issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-screen-goes-black-when-playing-any-game.161277/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hello I would like to know if this is really true or not I My being for is bandwidth taking game up blamed play this MMO but rarely and I was told it takes up less than youtube The friend I live with has limited Bandwidth and already has been taken up She told me the people she called said it might be my game but I knew for a fact it only takes up around MB and My game is being blamed for taking up bandwidth streaming movies or video s takes up A LOT more When I tell her this though she acts like she didn t hear me and goes on to explain what is taking it up My game What I do on the PC My game is being blamed for taking up bandwidth daily -check facebook -submit art to my deviantart -play my game maybe - times a week for hours -stream an episode - times a week What her husband does daily -watch porn -watch more porn -watch even more porn and My game is being blamed for taking up bandwidth occasional pornographic pictures What she does daily -Plays a playlist on youtube - times a week -facebook farmvill frontiervill treasure isle -plays games from bigfish -occasional reasearch -talks on MSN -she also has things like weather apps and calenders and the news too would those take it up as well I know some of my streaming is the problem but since she mentioned the bandwidth I haven t streamed anything She also tells me percy has not been watching porn for a week or so but while she was out I needed the phone out of their room and percy was watching more porn nbsp

A:My game is being blamed for taking up bandwidth

LOL - bit obvious whats to blame here

Gaming uses up VERY little bandwidth - it sends very small packets of info back and forth so its defo not the cause of her bandwith issues.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-game-is-being-blamed-for-taking-up-bandwidth.161196/
Relevancy 23.65%

I recently bought a steel series siberia v2 headphone, and the mic doesn't work in game. It works in Teamspeak 3, but it will not work in CSS or MW2. In steam, i have made sure that it uses the usb pnp mic device, and i have set it as default device in Windows. I am using Windows 7 64 bit. Is there any way to solve this? Also, i am using the included usb soundcard.

A:Steelseries Siberia V2 headphone mic not working in game

don't know if applies, but see if this helps. ctlpnl->Sound, Recording->Mic->Properties

make sure Allow exclusive use is unchecked

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/steelseries-siberia-v2-headphone-mic-not-working-in-game.160555/
Relevancy 24.51%

I'm having problem with my computer since I've upgraded my computer. The problem is when I play, after 5 minutes games the game freezes and goes to desktop and only sound come but game icon is on taskbar, when I click on it to open, it comes up and runs but runs like there is no enough graphic card.
Is there something wrong with graphic card or power supply?

A:Game freeze

Have you tried to download and install all the latest drivers?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/game-freeze.160385/
Relevancy 24.08%

I recently bought a Steelseries 1gc pc game controller to play with NHL 09 for my computer. I have only one problem, and its really annoying. I go into the game with the controller, and on ANY menu thats ingame, the thing that highlights the selection on the menu goes HAYWIRE! I have to hit the button at precisely the right time! it starts of slow, then speeds up. The controller itself still works, I can use it to play, but with this problem it just isnt worth it. Please help!

A:Uncontrollable scrolling from PC game controller?

Do you have the correct driver installed for the controller

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/uncontrollable-scrolling-from-pc-game-controller.159372/
Relevancy 14.62%

On one rig I got GTS mb and it works flawlesslly However on another machine I got GTS Not 'oh really. so you GTS it crashes, BSOD, Gainward 250 name freezes... great'? gb which Gainward GTS 250 'oh so great'? Not really. BSOD, crashes, freezes... you name it earned the quot Piece Gainward GTS 250 'oh so great'? Not really. BSOD, crashes, freezes... you name it of sh t quot sticker The issues are usual for the gb model blue Gainward GTS 250 'oh so great'? Not really. BSOD, crashes, freezes... you name it screen restart games freeze crash audio loops inifinitely strange psychodelic colorful lines swarm the monitor cubes of various colors do the same And yes it happens in many games and to many people at least according to what I ve found browsing forums As with other people in my case too the issues happen with Bad Company Assassin s creed GTA etc It appears that the problem is with the nV drivers I ve found somewhere that installing a much older version of nVidia graphic drivers solves the issue but I d rather search for help on what to I ve updated BIOS Chipset Audio Lan DirectX nVidia GPU driver is Event Source nv Event ID Minidump files are bellow The error in the Event Viewer appeared on July th EDIT Forgot to mention tha powa is Thermaltek w Forward thanks Kreinzer nbsp

A:Gainward GTS 250 'oh so great'? Not really. BSOD, crashes, freezes... you name it

If its the 1gb model, just use a 512, you get like .01% less performance. And you could just update to the latest drivers, maybe Nvidia has since fixed the issues.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gainward-gts-250-oh-so-great-not-really-bsod-crashes-freezes-you-name-it.150050/
Relevancy 23.65%

Well when I run an online game (Runescape) it runs quite good until it freezes for 1-2 seconds, then goes back to normal. It does this every 5-10 minutes and causes me alot of problems.

My laptop is fairly new and I have just re-installed Vista, but the specs are:

- Processer - (Intel Pentium Dual 1.73 GHz)
- RAM - (2G)

From looking at my processor and RAM it looks like the game should be running fine, and when I try and run the game in high detail it just lags completely, please help I've been looking everywhere for this solution!

A:My laptop lags when playing an online game!

Do you have antivirus software installed? Try disabling that during gameplay, or at the very least disable auto-updates as a test. Same goes for windows updates. Also, close any other windows and programs you aren't using before playing, it might make a difference.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-lags-when-playing-an-online-game.157374/
Relevancy 24.51%

hello, im playing command and conquer Renegade, and my pc is HP m8430f.
I have all the default hardware.
what can i do to increase my fps to its maximum?

When i play that game it stays at 60 FPS but then starts to decrease then come back to 60. Which is not possible for me to play that game lower than 60.

A:How to increase my in-game FPS?

How far low are you talking? 60 FPS is fine for anyone and unless it's lowering itself well into the low 20s it should be completely playable.

Lower the settings = increase your FPS.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-increase-my-in-game-fps.155642/
Relevancy 24.51%

I am looking for a laptop for my husband for Christmas He will do work on it but also likes to play LFD and Dragon Age I can only afford about but i think I have found a good laptop Acer Aspire - quot Notebook AMD Turion II P GHz GB DDR Memory GB HDD DVD Super Multi-Drive ATI Mobility Radeon HD Windows Home Premium -Bit - LX PWK However I cant decipher if the video card will be sufficient The merchant only compatibilty Where look game do I for has the name of the video card Mobilty Radeon HD listed under the specs I have checked several Where do I look for game compatibilty websites including Radeon manufacturer but am a bit frustrated as I dont understand how Where do I look for game compatibilty to relate it to the Where do I look for game compatibilty games he would like to play I dont want to have to keep asking the kind people here at techspot quot Will this one work quot Is there a tutorial that I can read to understand how to tell if a laptop will suit his video needs Thank you so much for taking the time to help Sincerely Hanaleia nbsp

A:Where do I look for game compatibilty

That GPU is not really recommended for gaming. It'll certainly play them but they'll need to be turned down to the lowest settings.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/where-do-i-look-for-game-compatibilty.154950/
Relevancy 14.19%

Hello For the past two weeks my laptop has been beeping It doesn t beep when I first turn the computer on Once I m to the desktop it starts Vista Studio Dell 64 continuous a BSOD with beep and 1536 has to beep and it s VERY inconsistent It may beep every five minutes or every minutes Sometimes it beeps once and other times its beeped two Dell Studio 1536 with Vista 64 has a continuous beep and BSOD or three times fast And occasionally I get the BSOD saying something about quot dumping my physical memory quot On top of that when I load the computer I get an error saying that my Catalyst Control Centre is not working I just assumed all these things were connected A few months ago my hard drive died so I installed a new one I haven t had any issues until the issues I listed above all of which start just a few weeks ago Unfortunately my warranty has expired so Dell s support hasn t been much help So does this sound like the hard drive I installed is creating the issues Any advice is very helpful nbsp

A:Dell Studio 1536 with Vista 64 has a continuous beep and BSOD

Have you checked for crud in your keyboard... any cause for a sticking key, sticking space bar, etc.

Don't see how the hard drive could cause the problem.

Have you looked at all the Dell Beep Codes... They are posted elsewhere on this TechSpot forum... that could give you a starting point.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-studio-1536-with-vista-64-has-a-continuous-beep-and-bsod.154876/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hi my name is Chris I have these types of sites before for help I ve had to run combofix and the whole deal I have have expierence fixing these problems But this time when in Game lags/screen tears need and I can t figure it out myself I come to you guys Randomly one day my computer started making my games run real slow like screen tears its happened before and it was because of Game lags/screen tears spyware adware malware whatever using up memory usage or something like that I use a laptop and havent had any problems in awhile with it I even went to taking it apart least as possible to get the the fan and blow it out with duster because it sounded like the fan was making a loud annoying noise It has simmered down alot now though So I know it couldnt be because of overheating I set the laptop on top of a book on one sude and on the other side a smaller book so that the part that gets hot is not laying on anything So I m hoping you guys can help me figure out whats causing my warcraft and world of warcraft to have these screen tear lags its happening liek every secs some times for like secs long and its really getting annoying and old Pleaase help nbsp

A:Game lags/screen tears

Heres my logs

Here is attachted logs I didnt the first time, I'm sorry about. Also from the looks of it you guys moved my thread? Thank you for your time for looking into this.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/game-lags-screen-tears.154806/
Relevancy 23.65%

I purchased a computer back in from CyberPower PC before I knew how to built them myself It s been running practically flawless since purchase up until recently The problem occurring could definitely be due to age but thought I should throw it up on here for some assistance Over the past couple days my computer has been randomly turning itself off during game play like the system has been unplugged About three times in Aion and once so far in Bad Company I thought it was due to overheating or dust or whatnot - so I ve cleaned up all the dust internally and set it up on a table leaflet so that it isn t sitting on carpet anymore After I gave it a thorough cleaning it worked perfect for about a day and a half and just recently went out on me again After it goes out it won t allow me to attempt to boot it back up for at least minutes Could this be due to overheating still I have never had an overheating issue or due to my psu going bad or getting old Also was concerned about my cpu chip and if it was overheating I also made sure driver s were updated all around had been having some graphical errors and everything seems to work perfect At one point I had SLI d cards in my computer but one of them seems to have burnt out My computer will no longer recognize it and if I make it the top card in my mobo it will blue screen with graphical errors so I removed it Been working off at video during game Computer play turning random fine since it s been removed Compy stats listed below Running Windows Vista -bit Coolermaster Cosmos Sport Case EVGA NForce I mobo Intel Quad Core Q Thermaltake Big Typhoon VX VR GB PC DDR x Computer turning off at random during video game play EVGA GeForce GT GB x PCI-E used to be two now only have one GB Sata-II RPM mb black Sony x DVD RW Apevia Warlock Series w PSU Any suggestions would be extremely helpful It s driving me insane nbsp

A:Computer turning off at random during video game play

Eh...why don't you check your temperatures?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-turning-off-at-random-during-video-game-play.154189/
Relevancy 24.08%

I have two DVD drivers one is a HP DVD i Sata and the other is a HP DVD i Sata The HP DVD i reads the original DVD and the back-Up game DVD just fine while the HP DVD i only reads the original DVD When i put the back-up DVD in the HP DVD i it sees it has a blank disk I now the HP DVD i has read this back-up DVD before because i used it all the time before i got the newer HP DVD i The game is The Elder Scrolls IV Oblivion and before someone comes in here and calls me a pirate look at my games on steam dustin ds games Edit i just went through about dvds most of them was original DVD s and some was back-Up DVD s All of the original DVD s worked just find and some of the back-Up DVD s work fine the ones that didnt DVD read drive DVD back-up game won't work were all Menorex brand Edit Taking the drive DVD drive won't read back-up game DVD apart to clean it didn t help either nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dvd-drive-wont-read-back-up-game-dvd.153249/
Relevancy 23.65%

So I recently upgraded my pc so I could play games better and for over all use. But for some reason When I play Overlord 2 I get the same FPS as I did with the old set up and it makes no sense. I haven't Tried any other games but will. about 7-12 fps
My current Set up
Cpu:AMD Athlon II X2 250 3.0Ghz Dual Core
Main Board: Foxconn M61PMP-K
Memory: DDR3 Wintec AmpX 2x2g
Graphics: Nvidia GeForce 6800
PWS: DYNAPOWER USA ADW-500 500W ATX12V Power Supply

also I have set my system to run for best performance like I did with my old set up and I still get around the same FPS.

A:Recently upgraded computer but a game still runs on low FPS

What was your previous graphics card?

That is most likely holding back your FPS. Also, how much RAM (memory) are you using?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/recently-upgraded-computer-but-a-game-still-runs-on-low-fps.152523/
Relevancy 14.62%

So i decided to fire up my brothers computer that he hasnt used for about 2 years and keep running into the bsod with the error about nvlddmkm.sys for my graphics card, the monitor is also blurred as in the colors are distorted and random colors will blurr to the right or the left of where they should be. I can get it to bootup once i go into safe mode and delete the nvlddmkm.sys but when i try and install the latest driver and reboot the same problem and same error pops up. Any advice on how to fix this error? And I was hoping that by installing the newest driver properly that perhaps the blurry screen will clear up, is that just wishfull thinking or could the blurry screen actually be fixed? The computer is running vista 64 with 4g ram and 750w psu. Thanks for the help guys.

A:BSOD video card 8800gtx error: nvlddmkm.sys

as you can imagine nvlddmkm.sys is part of the driver installation so simply deleting it will either cause errors or blue screens. there are a number of things that could be causing this to happen, such as corrupted files, a bad power supply, or even the card itself. the first thing i would advise is to do a clean installation of the display drivers, which requires you to use a piece of software such as Driver Sweeper to completely purge the associated driver files. once this is done, you can restart the computer and proceed to install the drivers normally.

if this fails, you may be looking at corruption in Vista itself or possibly with the motherboard chipset drivers. there's also a slim chance that you need to update DirectX software or frameworks for graphics-based software. if it comes down to having to test the actual hardware, there are limited options. the best way would be to test the card in another computer (preferably one with a different OS) and to test the power supply and RAM if you can. is there any reason in particular that the computer hasn't been used for a couple of years? there's always a possibility that your brother knew to replace something and never did

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-video-card-8800gtx-error-nvlddmkm-sys.151876/
Relevancy 23.65%

I am about to install an ATI HD 5770 in my computer, and I am thinking about getting some games. I hear a lot of talk about games like Crysis heavily taxing graphics cards and what not.

If I play games like Crysis all the time (with as high settings as my card can handle), will that significantly change the lifespan or alter the card's performance at all?

A:Does a high quality game (Crysis) shorten the life of a GPU?

If I said yes, would you limit your game playing to Solotaire and Minesweeper ?

These cards are built for gaming.
So long as you have adequate chassis cooling and clean power delivery the card should not be significantly affected by intensive gaming. All cards fail eventually but normal gaming conditions should not significantly impact on it's lifespan, at least not until it has endured a few years of use.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/does-a-high-quality-game-crysis-shorten-the-life-of-a-gpu.150575/
Relevancy 23.65%

also CPU 29
graphics card 49
cpu fan 1906 round/min

is this normal?

thx very much

A:Motherboard is at 61 Celsius at non-game time. Is this fine?

Is it me, or are those temps really good?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboard-is-at-61-celsius-at-non-game-time-is-this-fine.149015/
Relevancy 14.62%

Hello everyone,

I just bought some Hardware to build a new computer from Scratch.

I bought:

1. Asus P5E3 Pro Motherboard (DDR3 RAM DIMMS)
2. PSU Coolmax CUL-750B 750W
3. 2x2GB OCZ OCZ3G10664GK R (DDR3 RAM)
4. VGA Card - ASUS ENGTS250/DI/512MD3
5. Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 2.66Ghz 1333

I installed Windows 7 x64bit OEM

I am having problems with BSOD (different ones not the same one every time)

I would like to know if its a compatibility Problem with My RAM and Motherboard or could it be something else. I am very bad with Hardware and I just bought parts that I knew could fit in theory.

BIOS is set to default because I don't know how to configure it (Probably thinking why did I buy parts instead of a built computer)

Could you please help?

A:Compatible RAM for Asus P5E3 Pro Motherboard (BSOD)

Your RAM isn't on Asus' memory QVL (Qualified Vendors List)-but that isn't to say that it's not supported.
Having your power supply checked might be an option if your graphics card seems to run slow or you are getting fluctuating performance.
Because OCZ memory modules lack what are called embedded XMP profiles, your motherboard will have difficulty assigning a setting for them so you will need to do it manually.
Download Memtest86+ from here http://www.memtest.org/#downiso
***under the Memtest86+ v4.00, select "Download -Pre-compiled bootable iso ", save and unzip if downloading the zip file then burn a BOOTABLE CD using ImgBurn or your usual burning software (Nero etc.).- this program runs at BIOS level
Download MemSet here http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/System-Info/MemSet.shtml
You can also download CPU-Z -it gives a much simplified version of the RAM timings but you can also access chipset and CPU info. download here http://www.cpuid.com/cpuz.php

First order of business would be ascertain whether the RAM modules are not defective.
I presume the RAM in question is OCZ's Gold XTC modules - if they are then you can try to manually select the timings- they should be on a sticker on the side of the RAM, which should be 7-7-7-21 ( CAS (or CL)-tRCD-tRP-tRAS) at 1.5 to 1.6 volts.
IF THIS IS NOT YOUR RAM THEN GO NO FURTHER, If it is then you need to set it in order to test it for stability.
Boot into your BIOS. Select the second tab "A.I.Tweaker"
Set PCIE Frequency to 100 (if not already set)
Set DRAM Frequency to DDR3-1066 (if not already set)
Set DRAM Command rate to 2T (if not already set)
Set DRAM Timing Control to Manual
Note the string of timings following "Pri.Information" on the next line-they should be the same as the settings you are about to input.
Set CAS# Frequency to 7 DRAM Clocks
Set RAS# to CAS# Delay to 7 DRAM Clocks
Set RAS# Precharge to 7 DRAM Clocks
Set RAS# Active time to 21 DRAM Clocks
leave the rest of the timings on Auto for now and move down the page until you get to..
DRAM Voltage ....type in 1.60
Hit F10 to save and exit
**If you can boot into windows then run Memset (NOT the Memtest86+ cd you burned!) and note -or better still get a screen capture of the timings (and include in your next post)-here is an example of one of my old screenshots-take no notice of the values but note that both modules SPD (A and B )values are shown-so expand the window.

** If you cannot load Windows then get back to the BIOS and revert settings by choosing Restore Defaults, F10 to save and exit. The likely cause will be insufficient MCH (Northbridge) voltage.
If Memset shows you the correct values and voltage then you can move on to testing.
Reboot and select CD as your first bootable drive
Insert your Memtest86+ bootable cd into the drive
Hit F10 to save and exit
Memtest86+ will boot automatically once the motherboard POST's. As it's a DOS program it is fairly straightforward -The test actually comprises 8 seperate tests. Once all 8 have run then your RAM has completed a "Pass" -for 4Gb a Pass takes around 20-30 minutes.
Run 7 (minimum) to 12 passes. If the testing shows no errors then stop the test at your leisure.
Return to your BIOS, change the boot order back to Harddrive (I assume)
Take the CD out of the drive
F10 to save and exit -congratulations your RAM is stable. The next step would be to stress test the CPU/RAM fo test for stability- but one thing at a time

If the test throws up errors then note the Number of the test and the error code- the test will continue if the errors are not to great. If the testing serquence stops then stop the test, reboot, change boot order, remove cd and F10.
The RAM could fail from either physical damage it has suffered or the timing (and sub-timings) are unstable. We can look into that if the need arises.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/compatible-ram-for-asus-p5e3-pro-motherboard-bsod.141038/
Relevancy 24.08%

I play a game called CSS and when I talk on my mic for like 2-3 seconds, it likes to cut out and get really quiet. Im really tired of having to search up forums for this. I never had this problem till i got the general electric mic. But my mic seems to work in other games so im very pist. Please help me guy's!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/mic-cuts-out-in-css-game-after-2-3-seconds.148183/
Relevancy 24.08%

I know it sounds wierd but its happening my computer will freeze and my dvd will corrupt and make a sound and after that I cant do ANYTHING I had a friend of mine who help me build my computer come over and help me fix it when he put his ram in it worked fine but than again i didn t check all of the areas that made it freeze I checked games and they didn t of Computer a areas game in certain freezes freeze in those areas so I thought hmm it works But unfortunately it still freezes in some parts of the game of which I never checked when I put my Computer freezes in certain areas of a game new one in that i just bought today it worked fine no freezing no nothing Now it just froze again Same spots I bought gb ram gaming ram its good ram In example when I play WoW it only freezes in night elf starting area and other places like Warsong Gulch and some random zones like hinterlands and in lil zone in swamp of sorrows only when I walk there I reinstalled wow I reinstalled OS I did everything It s a hardware problem It s also doing it to a game called FSX when I take off from Juliana airport it only does it ummmm Napolean total war it does it randomly that I see It doesn t overheat its cool when i check it I got a nice cpu fan that keeps it cool at around c I m sure it does it to other games that have incredible amount of D Action It Computer freezes in certain areas of a game doesn t do it to like my splinter cell games that i play its just wierd it freezes on specific games and i know theres more out there that if i played them they would freeze I also tried running the computer without the dvd drive in because when it freezes the dvd drive makes a sound like it shuts off but it still works fine after it makes the noise meaning i can open it while the computers frozen might be a power supply problem i dont think so I could really use some help no one can help me solve this mystery diagnosis Info x gb OCZ GT Nvidia AMD Athlon tm X Dual Core Processor Socket AM Windows BIT -Could it be the motherboard corrupting something like the ram graphics card -Could it be any type of hardware problem -Could it be a software problem -Could it be FIXED nbsp

A:Computer freezes in certain areas of a game

Did you put in first tier RAM or Value Select or other low cost RAM... are all memory modules matched?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-freezes-in-certain-areas-of-a-game.148073/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hi I have this problem every time when i start a game it keeps restarting when PC playing game? restarting keeps PLEASE HELP I ALMOST TRYED EVERYTHING History year ago When i connected my GFX in my pc it made a strange noise like sharp if i ran a game So i was looking for what was making that sound It was the Gfx Fan Anyway months later after playing tons of games It restarted once in a week while playing a game ofc month later everyday once month now it restarts every time when i play a game So today PC keeps restarting when playing game? i reinstalled windows xp So i did a few steps PC keeps restarting when playing game? Step Remove dust So i cleaned every part of my computer with compressed air dust remover PC keeps restarting when playing game? After that i tryed to play my game again BOOM it restarted right away So i searched on forums for some tips I saw something about overheathing Step So i bought fans and placed in the direction of my GFX and the other one to my cpu The moment of truth BOOM it restarted I was really sad Step So i brought it to Store THEY SAID IT WORKS FINE so i went to their store and played mins on my own pc And everything was fine I was really really happy so i went home and connected everything and BOOM restarted again Step I went to my control panel --- gt system and removed the X from Restarting It could gave me a blue screen after it restarts But it gave me nothing Step Checking for virus Checking my event log I found loads of thing in my event log about Service control manager wich sended a alert to my Alert service lol Btw I found no virus Step Returning to the store So i was there but the guy who repairs computers comes an hour later So i conected their cabels on my pc and started my pc So i checked if it still works in this store But when i started my game BOOM it restarted So i went home Next day the store called me And told me that its fixed again THIS TIME I AsKED WHAT THEY DID They said nothing it worked just like that I Said how long is it working now They said hours WTTTFFFF I brought it home and conected everything Started the game and it didn t restart Next day i wanted to play my game And BOOM restarts AAAAAAAAAAAAHHH So my brother told me mamby its your game So i installed loads of other games and it is still the same problem whit every game So i went to a forum and i read something about emerency shutdown temputure in PC health in BIOS I went to my BIOS and i didnt found this quot Pc health quot Step I went to an other forum and read something about fan speed That you can change it whit an software I tryed that but still same fan speed I also tryed thing whit Speedfan But every thing is cooled and not overheated I think there are things that might solve this problem Update my bios and find that Pc health thing MY GFX is totally broke im afraid that if i buy an new gfx that its still not solved And im not that rich If you need any of my System information please ask me what things u need to know PLEASE SOMEONE HELP ME PS Sorry for my english Im not english but dutch nbsp

A:PC keeps restarting when playing game?

Hi bramie,

No need to apologize for your English - it is better than some of the native speakers! lol

I think that you need to work through a process of elimination with this. What was different when the PC was at the store?

ie. When your PC is at home, what items do you have plugged in that you did not take to the store?

This would be my first thought. Also, if the PC is restarting, Windows is probably creating a mini-dump file for debugging (C:\Windows\minidump\) . This may help to find the problem, so if you have any, please post them.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-keeps-restarting-when-playing-game.146901/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hi guys I don t want to make it long I ll be buying new graphic card HD and I m stuck between two quot versions quot if I may call it that On the one hand there is new Gigabyte http www gigabyte com tw Products VGA Products Overview aspx ? Edition new or 5850 HD Game Gigabyte Sapphire ProductID that is oveclocked from to and is said to have better cooling system Overall it should provide more performance and it has years warranty And that there HD 5850 new Gigabyte or Sapphire Game Edition ? is new Sapphire Game Edition http www sapphiretech com aa products products overview php gpid amp grp which from what HD 5850 new Gigabyte or Sapphire Game Edition ? I can tell is pretty much the same card but supports ATI Eyefinity monitors It also has in my country only years warranty I m looking for good performance but Eyefinity sounds very good as well if Im correct Gigabyte doesn t support that right but Im not sure if HD will be enough for such resolution if you could tell me simply which would you choose and why I would be very gratefull thanks nbsp

A:HD 5850 new Gigabyte or Sapphire Game Edition ?

All HD 5850 cards support Eyefinity. The only proviso's being that one of the (if using) three monitors need's to be connected via Display Port, and as you have alluded to, the Eyefinity support for the card (without Crossfire) is going to be fairly limited at 5040x1050 or higher- it is game dependant of course, but a lot of games are going to be reduced to lower detail and quality settings.
Personally I'd go for the Gigabyte card. Gigabyte products have a good reliability record and , if after two years, you decide to upgrade, then reselling the card with a years warranty still available will add to its value compared to the card being on-sold with no warranty.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hd-5850-new-gigabyte-or-sapphire-game-edition.146369/
Relevancy 21.07%

my screen goes blank when i start playing rigs of rods (not when its loading) and i cant figure out what the problem is, overheating, hardware malfunction. it dos'nt have a fan the video card is a nVidia gforce fx 5200 the computer works fine unless i'm trying to play games. I did install a chassis fan to prevent overheating
details
-Intel Celeron CPU 2.60GHz
- 265 MB of ram
Windows Xp Home edition S.P 3 version 2002
Quote"Killing someone is murder after that it's just stastics" joseph stalin

A:Video card "quits" when playing a game (Rigs of rods)

Get more ram and upgrade your graphics card.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-card-quits-when-playing-a-game-rigs-of-rods.145498/
Relevancy 24.08%

symptoms Whenever i play certain games that require heavy load in graphic after about - min the screen would go blank either grey black or orangish the sound would continue for - sec and goes into a machine gun like sound loop The computer would lock up and i would have to restart When i restart my monitor would get no signal and would have to leave the computer off for - min before turning it back on for my monitor to display My computer runs fine for months without turning it off when i play games like starcraft beta heroes of newerth silkroad online different clients which brings my ram up out game problem crash figure 3d Help to - running Help figure out 3d game crash problem and runs for a week straight i also did a memtest and have some mem error i dont know if it is the cause of the crash since i run other things and it runs fine Only when i play heavy graphic games like ghost busters and alien vs predator that the error occurs and i also set all the graphic on low and resolution is x my desktop resolution is x I have looked around the web and found many issues related to my symptoms Im wondering if it can be a overheating issue voltage issue ram issue bios issue or nvidia driver issue or my monitor im using a samsung monitor and i found that some samsung monitor has problems with the DVI causing no signal Specs OS Windows x Mobo MSI K N SLI V CPU AMD Phenom quad-core GPU XFX GT alpha dog edition driver G ram PSU Antec truepower new w nbsp

A:Help figure out 3d game crash problem

I had an MSI K9N Platinum and it would never run right with more than 2 gigs of RAM. Try running with 4 gigs. Some motherboards can get really touchy with all DIMM slots populated. Also make sure that your RAM timings are set right in the BIOS.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-figure-out-3d-game-crash-problem.143319/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hi I'm new here. I have problem that my computer especially if i playing games , it shows many weird dots, and line. I've try to change my monitor from an old crt to lcd but the weird dots and line still there . can anybody help?

A:Weird line/dots when playing game

It looks like a problem with your graphics card. Either it is failing or overheating.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/weird-line-dots-when-playing-game.142653/
Relevancy 24.51%

i have a toshiba a505-s6980 laptop with windows 7. the machine states i have 128 MB video memory. i have recently had some problems with an online game (DDO) and someone told me to go into the bios and increase the video memory to 256 or 512. my questions are can this be done, should i do it and how do you do it.......

A:Video lag on a game

the only way to find out is to go into BIOS (which stands for basic input output system) and check to see if the aperture can be increased. you'll need to figure out which button to hit as the computer turns on to get into the settings. it's probably the DEL key or one of the F# keys. from there, you will need to find the video settings and look for onboard video memory/ram or similar. you might not be able to change it from where it is but after that you exit and save/discard changes and the computer restarts.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/video-lag-on-a-game.141687/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hi everyone Recently I purchased xfx to replace my nvidia gt and also replaced my psu with corsair w After installing the the new components my windows and XFX game 4890 in freeze/hang computer is freezing randomly while using the browser then eventually while gaming While playing modern warfare it will just freeze even when in the menu but there s still audio looping When I use the net browser it also hangs This XFX 4890 freeze/hang in game and windows doesn t happen always I monitor my gpu temp and it s really XFX 4890 freeze/hang in game and windows hot - c idle - c while playing I live in a tropical country so it s really hot here even if it s not summer I ve talked with xfx tech and they said that as long as my gpu don t exceed the c it won t hurt the lifespan of it What could ve cause these freezes Will it hurt the other components if I keep on force rebooting the computer My pc is hp m f http h www hp com ewfrf wc amp cc us amp dlc en amp lc en amp jumpid reg R USEN Os vista bit Hd gb Memory gb Cpu Phenom x gpu Xfx psu corsair w Thing s ive done Downloaded the latest driver for my card and bios Cleared the driver of my old card I run the hp diagnostic for hd ram and it passed the test Scan the hd with malwarebytes i ve changed my casing to bigger one to improve airflow but didn t change the gpu temp Could this be a hardware problem Help would gladly be appreciated Thanks in advance nbsp

A:XFX 4890 freeze/hang in game and windows

anyone, help?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/xfx-4890-freeze-hang-in-game-and-windows.141105/
Relevancy 23.65%

I have two monitors, and want to play the same game on both simultaneously, and do so without having both monitors show the same image, but rather to have the game be spread out across the two.

Any suggestions on how i could do this, please do not hesitate to send the information my way.

Thank you,

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-play-a-game-spread-out-across-multiple-monitors.140289/
Relevancy 35.69%

i am not sure about overclocking, i know nothing about it or what the consiquences will be so i am asking if my pc would start smoking or what but before i say my pc specs i am gonna say that i play on my pc like everyday all day and i havent had a fault and my comp is kinda new. Now i will say my pc specs......
ACER ASPIRE GEMESTONE 8930G

-intel core tm2 Duo processor T6400 (2.0 GHz, 800 MHz FSB,2 MB L2 cache)
-4 GB ram
-NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT turbocache

A:Noob question: what will happen to my PC if I overlclock?

It wont start smoking, well, Ive smoked old athlons, but you wont smoke anything.

But you can damage components, seeing as though this is a laptop what where your ideas for overclocking?

I mean it will produce more heat, and effect battery life. Ive never really delt with oc'ing newer laptops, in my CompTIA+ cert course we oc'd old donated p3 laptops and it wasnt worth the time.

I took a look at the specs of the notebook why do you need to overclock it?

If its just for fun don't you dont need to.

Read this though

http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic70998.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/noob-question-what-will-happen-to-my-pc-if-i-overlclock.139964/
Relevancy 24.08%

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Hauppau...rder/9317642.p?id=1218084032353&skuId=9317642

Looking for something where i can record xbox or etc video of game play to the pc and share(in avi)

A:Can I record game video to computer using this?

these are generally a pain in the **** to use, lots of wires and adaptors to buy as they only have RF input and RCA video input...

I use one of those nice little media players with built in HDD, they cost around 70 from maplins you can plug your xbox 3 rca wire straight into them and they record in an MPG format..

look here http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=224126

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-i-record-game-video-to-computer-using-this.139932/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hi,
i have recently bought a terrible computer (thinking it was good)
i am taking this pc back and exchanging it for another one, (much better)
i am hoping that someone will be able to help me on the case of "Will it work?" lol
the pc i am thinking of is...
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DELL-GAMING-P...DesktopPCs?hash=item33583cdf05#ht_4367wt_1165

and the Graphics card i am hoping is compatible is...
Either...
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....696948&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_1113wt_939
OR
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....312218&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_3282wt_992

Will any of this be able to play new games smoothly?
thanks for any help you may provide.
Joe x

A:I am wanting to game on a PC!

What?

I already replied to you about that same ad

Here's my reply:

kimsland said:

I've had a read up on your "new" system
It comes with AGP Pro50 slot at 8x/4x/2x/1x (1.5V). Slot. Which is not all that great (actually pretty bad for any gamer, or user who wants good graphics

Note: The eBay ad stated: "GAMING PC" It is far from that Click to expand...

ITS NOT A GAMING MACHINE

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-am-wanting-to-game-on-a-pc.139686/
Relevancy 24.08%

I have a game downloaded from Big Fish Games which I ve been playing for the past year However now when I try to open the game I get this error code quot Executable path is not writable If you launched the application directly Trouble opening game from the CD please run the installer Trouble opening game to install the application quot The game is called Ricochet Recharged one of my favorite games I contacted Big Fish and they told me Trouble opening game I might need new drivers Here s the information that got from my error report Hi Linda Thank you for providing the report After analyzing the report I saw that the video driver was last updated on An outdated video driver may be the cause of trouble you ve encountered To resolve this I would recommend visiting the computer s manufacturer website below to get the most recent update by contacting their technical customer support To make the process of locating your driver update easier I ve listed the details of your system and video card below System Model product Inspiron s Operating System Windows Vista Home Basic Driver- Graphics Video Radeon X X Series Afterwards uninstall and reinstall the game restart your computer to initialize any updates and then create a new profile to start a new game I ve provided a link below with detailed instructions on how to uninstall reinstall a game If you re still having problems with the game after doing these updates please let me know Click to expand I have installed and uninstalled this game so many times but keep getting the error message Can anyone help me on this Is there another driver I should be installing Any help would be appreciated Linda nbsp

A:Trouble opening game

if the game has worked for a year without any problems before i want to say that it's not video driver related. however, games are updated from time to time which can yield compatibility issues. i would still think that the drivers are fine though. the actual error message itself states that the path in which the game's files are stored is not accessible, meaning the computer can't run it. since you're on Vista, I would try disabling UAC and then see what happens when you go to run the game. you may need to modify the application's security permissions or run it under another account.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/trouble-opening-game.138654/
Relevancy 23.65%

I've got a iPod Touch 16 GB and want to fill out the memory a little with some game apps I can play during sitting in the bus.

I'm searching for a good racing game and it would be okay to pay if it's worth it - but their so many to choose between. Any tips of good racing game apps ( with many maps, choose car...) ?

Which free game app is your favorite? My favorite free game right now would be "Rat on run" by Donuts Games.

I wasn't sure if I chose the right forum for this question.

A:Looking for good iPod Touch game apps

60 views but no answer...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/looking-for-good-ipod-touch-game-apps.137972/
Relevancy 15.05%

Hello,

I have a Dell Inspiron 8600 laptop. At the moment, I have no OS running, as I am trying to reformat my computer. In doing so, I received the BSOD message: partmgr.sys - Address F87C04AB base at F87BE000.

Do I need a new hard drive?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

KJA6

A:BSOD message: partmgr.sys

What Windows CD version are you using to boot with and did you set the CD as the first boot device? I could be wrong but maybe you aren't booting correctly.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-message-partmgr-sys.137335/
Relevancy 24.08%

hi guys,
i have 430 dell dekstop with following spec:
proc:quad 8300 2.5 mhz
ram:4gb
video:ati 4850 hd 512 mb
mobo:dell's one
the problem i experience is that any 09' game i play performs slow even in minimum settings.when it starts,usually performance is good but within short time it starts rapidly decreasing.
i discussed this issue with couple of my friedns,who also own gaming desktop.fun thing is that their systems are even less powerfull.i mean those specs we refer to gaming performance.they say that most of 09' games are performed on max settings with high fps.i've also cheched it personally.
so any suggestions,what's really happening with my system?
P.S
i've decided to asseble new system by buying new motherboard(SLI/Crossfire support) and new ATX tower,both costed me 250$.

A:In-game performance issues

Sounds like some sort of memory leak, but its quite unusual that all the games you play would do this.

edit: Before going out and buying a bunch of hardware do a quick google search on the games your playing to see if they have memory leak issues. This is a software issue not a hardware issue, and no amount of hardware will fix a memory leak its up to the developer to patch this issue.
(developer thinking "release now fix later")

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/in-game-performance-issues.137235/
Relevancy 14.62%

Hey everyone I m back with another problem This time it s in my personal laptop So about weeks ago a friend of mine installed GB RAM into my nv4_disp Help BSOD infinite loop with laptop After a couple of days with the RAM I turned on my laptop and find my screen flashing red Parts of the screen were pixeled red After backing up my files through safe mode I brought the computer to the college tech support They figured Help with nv4_disp infinite loop BSOD it s a driver problem so they updated my video driver Into what I cannot remember The problem randomly appeared and that forced me to format and start fresh So a new problem arose As the title suggested I randomly get the nv disp infinite loop BSOD Sometimes Help with nv4_disp infinite loop BSOD my screen would just freeze and not do anything Sometimes the screen flashes Help with nv4_disp infinite loop BSOD but I can still move my mouse pointer And it hasn t really been too friendly when I open the only two games I have in my computer in an attempt to see how bad the damage is I looked up some solutions online which included uninstalling and reinstalling drivers After a few attempts of that with the update the NVIDIA website provided I rolled back my driver into driver version So here are some things about my computer Model Dell Latitude D System Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack Computer Intel R Core TM Duo CPU t GHz GHz with GB of RAM Driver Details Currently NVIDIA Quadro NVS M Driver Version Personally I wouldn t mind this problem But I have a final project for a class where I need a video presentation and I am using Pinnacle Studio I m not sure if it s just me being retarded and missing a driver to install but I m pretty sure I reinstalled everything after formatting my computer Any help is greatly appreciated If any more information is needed please tell me so I can attempt to provide you with correct information not completely tech savvy for a computer engineering major ironically nbsp

A:Help with nv4_disp infinite loop BSOD

First of all you have to make sure that the 667 memory and the nvidia driver is compatible with your Dell laptops model, and you should use the Nvidia video and chipset driver from Dell and not from the nvidia site. You can up the shared video memory to 256MB maximum

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-nv4_disp-infinite-loop-bsod.137089/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hi all, first post

I got this nice setup that people from Homeworld 2 forums assure me will run the (demanding) 2003 game very well, yet it runs slowly, and it's clearly graphics. There's slowdowns when a nebula shows up in the background, for example.

The game was released when XP and Direct x9 where already out.

I have...
Wolfdale 3.16Ghz
ASUS Rampage Formula
EVGA GeForce GTX280
G.skill 2 x 2GB DDR2 PC2-8500
BenQ 24" LCD 1920 x 1200
Vista Ultimate 64bit

I might download new Geforce drivers, and even update to Windows 7, but I suspect this will only bring me further away from compatibility.

Should I (and how?) create a partition and install in it XP, Dirext x9, and x9-compatible graphics-drivers...since this game was at the time XP-compatible?

How'd you go about it?

A:Old game vs. monster rig

First I would try changing the compatibility mode of the game to Windows XP and make sure to install the game patches.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/old-game-vs-monster-rig.136930/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hey guys I recently bought a new computer all separate components which my brother assembled for me and everything works fine But as soon as I launch any game like Crysis Painkiller Bioshock the screen turns black and it doesn t respond to anything anymore Old online games like quake live run like a charm though Beyond good and evil runs smoothly but somehow the eyes don t always follow the rest of the model making the characters look like retards all the time System case Antec Sonata III Zwart a launching new game when PC's screen turns My black Watt motherboard Asus P Q SE PLUS processor Intel Core Quad Q C GHz MHz MB Boxed videocard Asus EN GT HTDP GD MB memory Kingston HyperX Dual Channel My new PC's screen turns black when launching a game GB PC MHz Kit Of HDD Seagate Barracuda TB Rpm MB S-ATA II monitor LG LCD Monitor W V-PF Inch Cm Ms Zwart mouse Logitech Mouse Optical Wheel S PS Keyboard Logitech Ultra-X Premium Keyboard USB Zwart Qwerty My new PC's screen turns black when launching a game Sound system don t remember the name It says sweex and is Obviously I have already updated all the drivers and tried tweaking some settings in the videocard driver but nothing helped Does anybody have any ideas how to fix this Do you think it s a hardware problem or software It s really grinding my gears because it s just new and I want it to work perfectly I don t really play a lot of games but I just want it to work oh and d software like d Studio Max and Z-brush all run like a charm Thanks in advance Ilja nbsp

A:My new PC's screen turns black when launching a game

Sounds like your video card is not installed and setup properly. I'd recommend going through the whole installation & setup from the start. If the problem continues then you need to test the vide card.

-- Andy

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-new-pcs-screen-turns-black-when-launching-a-game.135405/
Relevancy 24.08%

(It goes black screen and the green led light on the monitor blinks) I can hear the Audio and sometimes it freezes up my computer to where I cant alt tab or even hit windows key to get back to my desktop I dont think its the graphics card driver but i dont see what else it could be.

I am currently using my 7300 gs. Could it be my power supply is faulty and i cant play any games?

A:Monitor Blinks when I load a 3d game

What are your complete computer specs?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-blinks-when-i-load-a-3d-game.136180/
Relevancy 24.51%

Sorry if this has been asked before.

I have the Asus crosshair III motherboard that came with the creative xf-i mb edition sound card,what i am wondering is why my games wont play 5,1 sound,i know 5,1 and DTS works because i heard the channels when playing movies but just in the games it doesn't seem to work.
Does anyone know if i am supposed to set something up or should it just work when i set it to 5,1 in the game menu?
I use the optical output to my amp,the amp doesn't have the 6 analog inputs.

A:5.1 audio in game

make sure you have the latest drivers and the config in the game is set to surround...many games use stereo by default

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/5-1-audio-in-game.135069/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hi AGAIN for people who know me Flashing New Gfx Textures Game, In HD4670 Card lol I think im starting to live on this site I really aint DUMB with computers gt lt But alot happening in this last month New CPU New GPU Temp issues which solved hope Anyway nothing seriious but when I play Call Of Duty Sometimes the A wall will quicky go black and then be fine Or for example picture frames on the walls will go black for second then be fine again Sometimes Shadows will flash away then come Flashing Textures In Game, New Gfx Card HD4670 back I did research again and some people like it could be do with ATI Control Center Im new to ATI cards Software Is there something I should tick or disable enable to help Installed New Drivers Gone back old drivers Reinstalled DirectX Shadows flash sometimes on GTA IV aswell so its not COD Checked everything can think off Its not - just random times But im sure it would enoy us all flashin shadows etc Specs are on my name thing Oh and please pc L Please be last problem for now L Im starting to live here and feel sorry for you guys thinking this kid again lol nbsp

A:Flashing Textures In Game, New Gfx Card HD4670

It does sound very like a driver issue to me.

Ensure your windows is up to date and you have .net framework 3.
Use driver sweeper or the ATI software removal utility in add or remove programs to remove ALL traces of ati software from your pc.
Reinstall the most recent drivers and the ccc for your card here.

Option 1 :http://game.amd.com/us-en/drivers_catalyst.aspx?p=xp/radeonx-xp

Let us know if this improves things.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/flashing-textures-in-game-new-gfx-card-hd4670.135090/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hey

I was playing Oblivion on the default settings when I realized that I could play on a higher resolution because I have a good graphics card.
It was going fine for a while yet the last time I tried to play the game kept freezing on me.
I tried lowering the resolution and graphics but to no avail it still freezes.
I'm kinda confused now.
If it helps just recently I had Roxio on my computer and it refuses to uninstall properly. Everytime I start my computer an error comes on screen saying I need to run Roxio setup.exe which is complete Bull. I doubt this is connected to my video problem but Im not positive.

Anyway my main problem is the freezing of video during gameplay of Oblivion.

Can anyone help?

A:Computer freezing in Oblivion game

I solved (most of) my Oblivion lockups by editing Oblivion.ini, lowering iThreads and iNumHavokThreads values. Apparently the engine not that well multithreaded.

As for Roxio, you might be able to disable that startup thing with msconfig.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-freezing-in-oblivion-game.134877/
Relevancy 15.05%

hi.

my system:

gigabyte X48TDQ6 mobo
qx9650cpu
gtx285
2X2gb ocz ddr3 1600mhz

my problem:

i have run my system for about a year with q6600 cpu with no problems with this mobo,memory,graphic card.

yesterday i have changed my cpu to qx9650 with the intel stock cpu fan. when i play games after 20 minutes i get bsod and the system reboot even in regular use on desktop.

the cpu temp in idele is about 27 deg. (not seems beacuse overhit)

on bios everythind on standart/auto (no o.c).

i upgrade my bios revision.

the bsod is "not less or equel" something:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1037

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: a
BCP1: 0000000010000002
BCP2: 000000000000000C
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: FFFFF800020BCAC1
OS Version: 6_0_6001
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1

thanx 4 any help.

A:Bsod after replacing cpu

look on the box the CPU came in, or run CPU-z and see what the revision is. If it is an E0 you need BIOS F8D beta to run that CPU. At least that is what Gigabyte is showing for that CPU on the GA-X48-DQ6 mobo. I couldn't find a GA-X48-TDQ6 mobo listed on their site. Typo or wrong region possibly? Also check windows updates. There may be something for that CPU, or maybe you need more than SP1 on your OS? Your BSOD screen by the way is referencing a failure to read paged memory.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-after-replacing-cpu.134111/