Windows Support Forum

Win7 BSOD on boot after losing power/Windows Updates

Q: Win7 BSOD on boot after losing power/Windows Updates

So my brother received boot power/Windows after losing on Updates Win7 BSOD the new PC I built for him booted it up and I connected via TeamViewer and showed him his way around Then in the process of unplugging his printer from the USB port on the back he somehow managed Win7 BSOD on boot after losing power/Windows Updates to knock the power lead killing the power Since then he's been unable to boot into Windows just getting a BSOD every time after the quot Windows failed to shutdown properly quot screen and selecting quot Boot normally quot Strangely the only other option on this screen is Repair Windows no Safe mode or Last Known Good Config Luckily I've got a Win Win7 BSOD on boot after losing power/Windows Updates x VHD on there which he can boot into I got him to remove the Nebula tuner PCI card as that had caused some issues before but I thought I'd sorted them and it was working fine before I sent it to him and then I used the VHD to load the Win x Hive in regedit and set the two Nebula drivers to Start to disable them Still BSOD I looked in the Win x Windows Minidump folder whilst booted to the VHD and there wasn't any files dated today so there's no help there I also used BootICE to add another entry to the Windows boot menu Win Safe set in BootICE to Safe mode but selecting this just gave him a BSOD as well However it did at least produce the Safe Mode Last Known Good Config etc Win7 BSOD on boot after losing power/Windows Updates options but Safe Mode with Networking and Last Known Good both still just result in the BSOD He managed to boot it with Safe Mode without networking but obviously that doesn't allow me to connect via TeamViewer to sort anything out When he booted into this mode it said it was reverting some updates It had installed about Windows Updates some time before the power got cut but we hadn't had a chance to reboot so they may have not been installed fully and maybe that's why it reverted them I'm not sure I've got a EaseUS ToDo Backup System Image that he could revert to I added the Boot disk to the grub dos menu but that's the nuclear option as I think I made a few changes since making that and it will be tricky to talk him through using that as I won't be able to connect to his machine to do it for him so I'd rather try and fix the problem if at all possible so if anyone can help I'd be very grateful

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Win7 BSOD on boot after losing power/Windows Updates

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Win7 BSOD on boot after losing power/Windows Updates

Tried some more things:

1. Selected Startup Repair instead of Boot Normally (by accident, my brother was too slow to change it, before then it had defaulted to Boot Normally every time anyway, so it took him by surprise). Anyway, I didn't want to interrupt it if it was doing something, so we let it run but although it said it had identified some problems and was fixing them, after about 10mins it said it had failed and showed

Startup Repair offline
Problem Signature 01 6.1.7600.16385
Problem Signature 02 6.1.7600.16385
03 Unknown
04 118
05 Auto failover
06 1
07 0x7e

2. Booted into Safe Mode (without networking) again and uninstalled KB2859537 as this article suggests it can cause BSOD on boot http://news.softpedia.com/news/Microsoft-KB2859537-Update-Causes-BSOD-on-Windows-7-375659.shtml I'm not sure this was one of the updates that was applied today before it started BSOD, as that article's dated 13 August so I think I'd probably already installed that and it hadn't caused any problems but it seemed worth a shot. It didn't help though.

3. Did a clean boot as per http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135 but that still resulted in the BSOD.

4. Booted into Safe Mode (without networking) again, went into Device Manager and disabled the onboard Qualcomm Atheros NIC (as it boots in Safe Mode but not in Safe Mode with Networking it seemed worth trying) but that still BSOD as well.

Every time it boots into Safe Mode (without networking), it says "Failed to configure Windows Updates. Reverting" and the first time after uninstalling that update, it said it had to reboot and did so automatically. After that, it still shows that each time but then continues to the desktop. It said that the first time we booted in this mode earlier today as well, before I tried uninstalling that update, but without forcing a reboot.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/306309-win7-bsod-boot-after-losing-power-windows-updates.html
Relevancy 67.94%

So last week I posted about BSOD's just after the computer booted up and or I logged in BSOD just after logging in and desktop comes up I ran tests and found bad sectors on my original year old Seagate TB drive So I went ahead and installed a new WD drive yesterday and started a clean reinstall of my stuff I reinstalled Office and a couple of other programs then started the download install process of updates I had to leave the office at pm before the updates were finished installing so I just let it sit there and keep going This morning I came back in to a quot Windows had recovered from an unexpected shutdown quot message Looking in the Event Log it looks like it happened in after BSOD, and now Another updates Windows install new Win7 and HDD the PM hour yesterday and I think the updates had finished installing but I'm not totally sure Actually I just looked and it says there is more important update and few optional ones Before I swapped my HDD yesterday I booted into the Dell utility partition on my old HDD and ran memory tests and they all passed Any ideas

A:Another BSOD, now after new HDD and Win7 install and Windows updates

Please update your graphics driver, it's outdated.

Here's some instructions if you are unsure how to update it.

How-To Install AMD Catalyst? Drivers For A Windows? Based System

Code:
fffff880`0687c000 fffff880`068cc000 atikmpag T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: atikmpag.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\atikmpag.sys
Image name: atikmpag.sys
Timestamp: Wed Apr 20 02:22:32 2011 (4DAE3558)

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/330128-another-bsod-now-after-new-hdd-win7-install-windows-updates.html
Relevancy 67.08%

System Started getting BSOD's after a windows update with reference to the ntoskrnl.exe in every crash. I just replaced the RAM today thinking it was possibly a memory issue, but to no avail, I'm still getting frequent BSOD's. I ran an /FS SCANNOW and there were no integrity problems, as well as a chkdisk that also came up empty. Any help is greatly appreciated.

A:Windows 7: BSOD after win7 updates, ntoskrnl.exe+253d0

Hello and welcome .
The dumps are showing driver issues but apart from two separate dumps showing
activity of an nVidia (before the update to the beta driver) and a very old iaStor driver,

Code:
0: kd> lmvm iastor
Browse full module list
start end module name
fffff880`0104c000 fffff880`01168000 iaStor T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: iaStor.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\iaStor.sys
Image name: iaStor.sys
Browse all global symbols functions data
Timestamp: Fri Jun 05 04:53:40 2009
they aren't concise about a single driver.
Now, if the RAM is brand new I would hold off on testing it and focusing on Driver Verifier for now.
Please enable Driver Verifier.

Quote: Originally Posted by Arc

Information
Why Driver Verifier:
It puts a stress on the drivers, ans so it makes the unstable drivers crash. Hopefully the driver that crashes is recorded in the memory dump.

How Can we know that DV is enabled:
It will make the system bit of slow, laggy.

Warning
Before enabling DV, make it sure that you have earlier System restore points made in your computer. You can check it easily by using CCleaner looking at Tools > System Restore.

If there is no points, make a System Restore Point manually before enabling DV.

Tip

If you fail to get on the Desktop because of DV, Boot into Advanced Boot Options > Safe mode. Disable DV there. Now boot normally again, and try following the instruction of enabling DV again.
If you cannot boot in Safe mode too, do a System Restore to a point you made earlier.

Please enable driver verifier following this TUTORIAL | But using these settings:

Quote:

Go to Start and type in "verifier" (without the quotes) and press Enter
Select "Create custom settings (for code developers)" and click "Next"
Select "Select individual settings from a full list" and click "Next"
Select everything EXCEPT FOR "Low Resource Simulation", "Force Pending I/O Requests", "IRP Logging" and click "Next"
Select "Select driver names from a list" and click "Next"
Then select all drivers NOT provided by Microsoft, Unknown, or Macrovision and click "Next"
Select "Finish" on the next page.

Post back with a couple of DV enabled crashes .

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/307822-windows-7-bsod-after-win7-updates-ntoskrnl-exe-253d0.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hello all and thanks for any help in advance I Doing windows BSOD, Kernal-Power , 63 41, updates. am just recently new to these forum s As of proble - days ago after i did a fresh install of my OS on this computer have started getting random BSOD - Kernal Power - - During windows updates after resetting when windows update is configuring Under event viewer Here is the following report as of what its giving me at least - lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft BSOD, Doing windows updates. Kernal-Power , 41, 63 com win events event quot gt - lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power quot Guid quot C B A- - C -AC E- C D B quot gt lt EventID gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt BSOD, Doing windows updates. Kernal-Power , 41, 63 EventRecordID gt BSOD, Doing windows updates. Kernal-Power , 41, 63 lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt Knight-PC lt Computer gt lt Security UserID quot S- - - quot gt lt System gt - lt EventData gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckCode quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot SleepInProgress quot gt false lt Data gt lt Data Name quot PowerButtonTimestamp quot gt lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt No minidump was created I have checked Only thing i could find was event view of the BSOD If anything else is needed to be posted please just let me know Thanks again all

A:BSOD, Doing windows updates. Kernal-Power , 41, 63

Please make sure your system is configured for Small Memory Dumps Dump Files - Configure Windows to Create on BSOD

Open a elevated command prompt ( click start, type cmd in the search box, right click on the cmd entry and select run as administrator) in the black box that opens, copy/paste sfc /scannow. If you decide to type it, notice the space between the sfc and the /. It is a system file checker which will scan your system files and attempt to correct any missing or corrupt files. What we want are the results to say windows found no integrity violations. If it says files were found but could not be repaired, close the box, reboot and run it again, after opening the administrative command prompt. You may have to reboot and run it three times for it to repair all system files. If it can't repair them after 3 reboots, let us know.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/347545-bsod-doing-windows-updates-kernal-power-41-63-a.html
Relevancy 65.79%

My pc specs win7 dual boot +BSOD managemen win7/win10 wont "memory boot to anymore asus z -p motherboard intel i cpu bequiet w psu gig corsair vengeance ram samsung evo gig ssd win pro bit drive sandisk ultra II ssd gig ssd win drive dual boot win7/win10 wont boot to win7 anymore +BSOD "memory managemen x crucial gig bx ssd data drives i recently dual boot win7/win10 wont boot to win7 anymore +BSOD "memory managemen rebuilt this into a new case and it had been working fine Mainly using the win os but more recently using the win os more and more The way it has been working is that win is the default boot and I have to hit the delete key on startup to select win to boot from today I was on win but needed to reboot to Upon doing so I hit this message Secure Boot Violation The system found unauthorized changes on the firmware operating system or UEFI drivers It then gave me the option to boot to win as it is the next boot option on the list Win is now giving me the blue screen quot memory management error quot although I have been able to get into win after some more rebooting I ran SFC scanner and it told me that there were some problems that it cannot fix Everything is unplugged apart from mouse keyboard hdmi to screen and ethernet cable Unplugging the win drive from the mobo and switching the win drive to another port has not helped Has my ssd failed has win done an update that has caused this problem It did update today in fact the first error message I got was after win shut down and when I booted into it again it installed some updates before launching thanks for any help

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/47198-dual-boot-win7-win10-wont-boot-win7-anymore-bsod-memory-managemen.html
Relevancy 63.21%

I have a Lenovo W530 that's about a year old and I've been experiencing some random shutdowns. I've checked the event log to see if anything happened at the time of shutdown, however there is nothing. No minidump, no bsod. The laptop acts as if someone has pulled the battery out. (I tried wiggling the battery to reproduce the shutdown with no avail. I'm wondering if it's hardware related (RAM, Power supply?) I the windows memory test (the one you can do before you start windows) and it came back with no errors.

Anything else I could try to figure out what the problem is?

A:Random shutdowns (No BSOD, No Minidump) Losing power?

pulled the battery out (running on just the AC adapter) and the computer has not randomly shut down since.

Any ideas?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/316246-random-shutdowns-no-bsod-no-minidump-losing-power.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Lenovo G i GB Ram WD Scorpio Blue GB Win Home Prem x Had not used laptop in months and started and ran fine earlier today Java updated Malwarebytes updated MSE updated I believe a version update was installed Windows update ran after Windows boot on Updates BSOD with approximately updates completed and restart required Rebooted system Got to security login this system uses facial recognition software which was accepted and the system continued booting Got to where the colors spin into the flag and it BSOD'd Have the following PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA STOP x xFFFFF AA x xFFFFF A x - Reboots in Safe Mode and attempts at System Repair all failed - Rebooted and stopped it from rebooting on failure so I could get the error - No dump file created - No system restore points found which seems odd as I know that was turned on and several updates have created them in the past Pulled and reseated RAM Started with one clip then swapped for the other No Joy Ran built in memory test with no errors Pulled hard drive and ran as USB drive attached to another system Ran chkdsk BSOD on boot after Windows Updates f against all BSOD on boot after Windows Updates partitions Windows partition reported this info just the tasty bits here CHKDSK is scanning unindexed files for reconnect to their original directory unindexed files scanned Recovering orphaned file msadc into directory file unindexed files recovered CHKDSK discovered free space marked as allocated in the master file table MFT bitmap CHKDSK discovered free space marked as allocated in the volume bitmap Windows has made corrections to the file system No other errors or bad sectors Removed the hiberfil sys and pagefile sys from the Windows partition BSOD on boot after Windows Updates No change Safe Mode gets to disk sys and CLASSPNP SYS then BSOD's Suggestions and instructions appreciated T

A:BSOD on boot after Windows Updates

Warning
You will need a USB FLASH DRIVE

Tip
Download the Tool from a non infected PC

Farbar Recovery Scan Tool

Choose one that goes with your OS bit version . Save the file to a USB Flash drive

32-bit Version OS Farbar Recovery Scan Tool

64-Bit Version OS Farbar Recovery Scan Tool x64

Note
Click the button and right-click Computer .Select Properties . Look for System Type: which will say 32-bit Operating System or 64-bit Operating System

Plug the flash drive into the infected PC.

Enter System Recovery Options.

To enter System Recovery Options from the Advanced Boot Options:
Restart the computer.
As soon as the BIOS is loaded begin tapping the F8 key until Advanced Boot Options appears.
Use the arrow keys to select Repair Your Computer menu item.
Select US as the keyboard language settings, and then click Next.
Select the operating system you want to repair, and then click Next.
Select your user account an click Next.

To enter System Recovery Options by using Windows installation disc:
Insert the installation disc.
Restart your computer.
If prompted, press any key to start Windows from the installation disc. If your computer is not configured to start from a CD or DVD, check your BIOS settings.
Click Repair your computer.
Select US as the keyboard language settings, and then click Next.
Select the operating system you want to repair, and then click Next.
Select your user account and click Next.

On the System Recovery Options menu you will get the following options:
Startup Repair
System Restore
Windows Complete PC Restore
Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool
Command Prompt

Select Command Prompt

In the command window type X:\FRST.exe (for x64 bit version type X:\FRST64.exe) and press Enter

Note
Replace letter X with the drive letter of your flash drive.

Tip
Type the commands below to see what your letter is for the USB drive and press ENTER after each command

Code:
Diskpart
List volume
The tool will start to run.
When the tool opens click Yes to disclaimer.
Press Scan button.
FRST will let you know when the scan is complete and has written the FRST.txt to file
Please copy and paste both logs in your reply.(FRST.txt and Addition.txt)

Note
FRST.txt and Addition.txt files will be inside the root of the USB Flash Drive

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/297246-bsod-boot-after-windows-updates.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Hi folks I have had some strange action on my PC in the last few days First of all I was notified of updates waiting to be installed so I installed them and passed but one failed I brought up the lone update and tried to fiddle around in the window hoping I could get it to instal again but the monitor screen flickered and that update went off the screen At the same time I lost Mozilla firefox and another app called System Mechanic plus worst of all I lost Internet Explorer I checked in Program files and there were some files in there to do with I E but nothing to let me re-instal it Eventually I decided to do a restore of the system but before that I went into Windows Updates and I found that all my my previous updates had disappeared as well and all that was left were the two updates that had originally Windows Updates Losing updated OK but the one Losing Windows Updates that had failed was not shown About weeks ago I was having trouble with update installation they were failing so I found a tech firm on the internet who said they would fix the problem for I let them go ahead so having taken control of my computer it took them days to supposedly fix the problem I was watching the process and I thought it looked kosher so I paid them Now that I have had some more updates to instal I find that the problem is still there I would greatly appreciate it if some one could make some suggestions as to what I can do with this problem also the problem of the lost updates of which the best part of them passed and the remainder failed Sorry for the long screed I did a restore of the system and I got I E back System Mechanic is on a disc Best regards in anticipation of a favourable reply jonni

A:Losing Windows Updates

Make and model of your computer?  I think the first thing I'd do would be to back up any data I didn't want to lose.  Next I'd be sure I have the discs needed to restore to factory settings.  Usually this is documented in your user guide which is on your hard drive most of the time.
 After the above, I'd download Malwarebytes from here
http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/malwarebytes-anti-malware/ , get it up to date, then boot to Safe Mode.  Then do a full system scan with it and your antivirus.  There're other possible tools if that doesn't fix the problem, but this is a good start.

Good luck.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/537646/losing-windows-updates/
Relevancy 61.06%

Hi Another BSOD with W NETIO.SYS Windows Remove XP BSOD Pro + Boot updates x upgrade from XP to W Home Family edition Recently installed the update over exisiting XP Pro which I was going to reinstall all going fine Updated all W NETIO.SYS BSOD Windows updates + Remove XP Pro Boot files and drivers Windows installed Installed few minor apps everything ok Installed MS Office again ok Went to update after office install via Windows startmenu Finds security updates and optional selected all and tried selecting just essentials Start to download and install from Windows Update in start menu and then BSOD with NETIO SYS issue Message on reboot Quote Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode e BCP C BCP BAD BCP C B BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users ALUM AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdataxml Have attached both in ZIP files hope that's ok not sure if there's any personal data so let me know asap Before the upgrade I was going to reinstall XP and I have a Bootup option in DOS for Windows or Windows XP Professional Installation This didn't have anything to do with the BSOD as was fine fora couple of days till installed MS Office and attempting latest windows update Have used BCD and W is reporting W as the only boot option guessing it's somewhere deeper in the MBR so need some advice please System hardware is old but scores around in the W compatibility whichis fine as it's just a basic office machine

A:NETIO.SYS BSOD Windows updates + Remove XP Pro Boot

Quote: Originally Posted by mfx

Hi

Another BSOD with W7x86 upgrade from XP to W7 Home/Family edition.

Recently installed the update over exisiting XP Pro which I was going to reinstall all going fine.Updated all W7 files and drivers, Windows7 installed.
Installed few minor apps everything ok.
Installed MS Office 2007 again ok
Went to update after office install via Windows 7 startmenu.
Finds 21security updates and 2 optional, selected all (and tried selecting just essentials)

Start to download and install from Windows7 Update in start menu and then BSOD with NETIO.SYS issue.

Message on reboot :

Quote:
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 2057

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 1000008e
BCP1: C0000005
BCP2: 8BAD8028
BCP3: 9C84B614
BCP4: 00000000
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\123010-93656-01.dmp
C:\Users\ALUM7\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-127687-0.sysdataxml

Have attached both in ZIP files (hope that's ok not sure if there's any personal data so let me know asap).

2) Before the upgrade I was going to reinstall XP and I have a Bootup option in DOS for Windows7 or Windows XP Professional Installation. This didn't have anything to do with the BSOD as was fine fora couple of days till installed MS Office and attempting latest windows update.

Have used BCD and W7 is reporting W7 as the only boot option, guessing it's somewhere deeper in the MBR so need some advice please.

System hardware is old but scores around 4.0 in the W7 compatibility whichis fine as it's just a basic office machine.

Where do we start.

1-Zone alarm is causing these crashes. remove it and replace with the built in win 7 driver.

2-Eset remove it and replace with Microsoft Security essentials

3-Old drivers needing updating

Code:
pnp680.sys 11/13/2007 14:26:50 0x4739fa7a 0x8bb6d000 0x8bb82000 0x00015000
anodlwf.sys 3/6/2009 5:09:51 0x49b0f66f 0x8bfb3000 0x8bfbb000 0x00008000
epfwwfpr.sys 4/9/2009 7:42:42 0x49dded42 0x99208000 0x99221000 0x00019000
eamon.sys 4/9/2009 8:00:19 0x49ddf163 0x94338000 0x943f4000 0x000bc000
ehdrv.sys 4/9/2009 8:01:29 0x49ddf1a9 0x8c2c7000 0x8c2e4000 0x0001d000
Beyond that, please run Verifier with these settings:

Quote:
Using Driver Verifier is an iffy proposition. Most times it'll crash and it'll tell you what the driver is. But sometimes it'll crash and won't tell you the driver. Other times it'll crash before you can log in to Windows. If you can't get to Safe Mode, then you'll have to resort to offline editing of the registry to disable Driver Verifier.

So, I'd suggest that you first backup your stuff and then make sure you've got access to another computer so you can contact us if problems arise. Then make a System Restore point (so you can restore the system using the Vista/Win7 Startup Repair feature).

Then, here's the procedure:
- Go to Start and type in "verifier" (without the quotes) and press Enter
- Select "Create custom settings (for code developers)" and click "Next"
- Select "Select individual settings from a full list" and click "Next"
- Select everything EXCEPT FOR "Low Resource Simulation" and click "Next"
NOTE: You can use Low Resource Simulation if you'd like. From my limited experimentation it makes the BSOD's come faster.
- Select "Select driver names from a list" and click "Next"
Then select all drivers NOT provided by Microsoft and click "Next"
- Select "Finish" on the next page.

Reboot the system and wait ... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/134425-netio-sys-bsod-windows-updates-remove-xp-pro-boot.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I was using my computer yesterday when the power in my house tripped out.
After getting the power back on, I restarted my computer. It said, 'starting windows' and I get the boot animation. After a while the screen goes black and then the brighter black (just before the mouse pointer and then the login screen appears) and then, nothing, and my monitor says 'no signal.' I've tried the boot repair and it said the computer could not boot last time (correct), then it tried to automatic repair, which it could not do.

I tried a boot repair a second time and it said it could not find any errors, but the system will still not boot (same original problem)

Any pointers would be most appreciated.

Thanks.

A:win7 will not boot after power failure

Quote: Originally Posted by sledgehkg

I was using my computer yesterday when the power in my house tripped out.
After getting the power back on, I restarted my computer. It said, 'starting windows' and I get the boot animation. After a while the screen goes black and then the brighter black (just before the mouse pointer and then the login screen appears) and then, nothing, and my monitor says 'no signal.' I've tried the boot repair and it said the computer could not boot last time (correct), then it tried to automatic repair, which it could not do.

I tried a boot repair a second time and it said it could not find any errors, but the system will still not boot (same original problem)

Any pointers would be most appreciated.

Thanks.

Hello there!

Run Startup Repair Startup Repair - Run 3 Separate Times

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/242429-win7-will-not-boot-after-power-failure.html
Relevancy 58.91%

Hi, I'm having the exact same problem as here. Same scenario as well, after the power was tripped this problem occurred.

I'm currently running start up repair for a second time, the first time I ran this it stated their was no error. I have unplugged mouse an keyboard, in the hopes my pc will miraculously work again like the previous guy.

A:win7 will not boot after power failure

Quote: Originally Posted by TokerLogic

Hi, I'm having the exact same problem as above. Same scenario as well, after the power was tripped this problem occurred.

I'm currently running start up repair for a second time, the first time I ran this it stated their was no error. I have unplugged mouse an keyboard, in the hopes my pc will miraculously work again like the previous guy.

Post it following the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/336913-win7-will-not-boot-after-power-failure.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Every night I wake up to my PC being in sleep mode because Windows has decided to update my PC during the night The only problem is I end up losing any losing kills access Forced do me, 10 to how disable updates without it Windows Store? for I the work or downloads I had going during the night I put Steam on and oh look I'll have to wait to play a game I was downloading The other night I was uploading WoW Classic client to my friend and oh look it cancelled Forced updates kills Windows 10 for me, how do I disable it without losing access to the Store? Windows has no respect for anything that you're doing it just forces these updates on you some of which give you driver issues Forced updates kills Windows 10 for me, how do I disable it without losing access to the Store? I use a specific driver for Rainbow Six Siege as the game is broken for me but oh look Windows don't care I use the store to play Gears or Forza however disabling these updates then kills that off as they're stupidly forced online play and require the latest update like the anniversary update which breaks my mic and Forced updates kills Windows 10 for me, how do I disable it without losing access to the Store? sound drivers I just want to be able to turn automatic updates off and manually install them myself

http://forums.windowscentral.com/ask-question/443167-forced-updates-kills-windows-10-me-how-do-i-disable-without-losing-access-store.html
Relevancy 58.48%

hello i'm new here so i hope i get this right yesterday i get the october win updates i turn off my pc and updates install turn pc back on all good using it all last night turn it on this aft and i get a i think a bsod i wasnt in room during boot think it was on windows repair screen or restore after ntoskrnl.exe+253d0 BSOD win7 updates, when i came into room with pc anyway i hit ok and it did a restore think it restored to yesterday just befor the windows updates so i been reading alsorts on the net but i still have no idea what has happened well a bit i do i think the updates corrupt the ntoskrnl exe this is a guess i have come here for help and i think im in the right place i hope so i have attached this dump file i have had a look at it with bluescreenview but have no idea

A:BSOD after win7 updates, ntoskrnl.exe+253d0

Please upload your msinfo32.nfo file. To get this:
Click on the Start
Type msinfo32 into the Search programs and files box
When it opens, go to File, Save
Save as msinfo32.nfo and save in a place you will remember
Let it finish the process of gathering and saving the system info
Right click the .nfo file, click send to compressed (zipped) folder
Upload the .zip file here.

Code:
STOP 0x0000000A: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Usual causes: Kernel mode driver, System Service, BIOS, Windows, Virus scanner, Backup tool, compatibility
BugCheck A, {0, 2, 0, fffff80002eadf74}
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KiPageFault+260 )

Looks like Norton is causing some problems for you. (I'm not surprised)

Code:
fffff880`037563b8 fffff880`040929f0Unable to load image \??\C:\Windows\system32\Drivers\SYMEVENT64x86.SYS, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for SYMEVENT64x86.SYS
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for SYMEVENT64x86.SYS
SYMEVENT64x86+0x269f0

Code:
fffff880`03756358 fffff880`0459e2e0Unable to load image \??\C:\ProgramData\Norton\{0C55C096-0F1D-4F28-AAA2-85EF591126E7}\NIS_19.1.0.28\Definitions\BASHDefs\20120928.001\BHDrvx64.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for BHDrvx64.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for BHDrvx64.sys
BHDrvx64+0x1372e0
Suggestions:
Norton is a known cause to BSoDs. Please uninstall it and all its components using the Norton Removal Tool. If the removal tool does not help: try uninstalling with Revo Uninstallers Advanced Mode (registry leftover). Download and install Microsoft Security Essentials, make a full scan once updated.
→ Norton Removal Tool

Run the System File Checker that scans the integrity of all protected Windows 7 system files and replaces incorrect corrupted, changed/modified, or damaged versions with the correct versions if possible
→ SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File CheckerReport back

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/257854-bsod-after-win7-updates-ntoskrnl-exe-253d0.html
Relevancy 57.62%

I have looked through my event viewer and found several instances of a Kernel-Power error occurring in the last five months. Today it happened twice with a BSOD. I have not made any hardware changes recently. I have a GA-P35-DS3L mobo, E8400, 275GTX vid card, and 400W PSU, and I have my computer hooked up to a UPS. Several hours before the first BSOD I updated my graphics drivers. Is it likely that this is a software error, and a clean install of Windows 7 will fix it?

Thanks for your help in advance.

P.S. Just updated with files

A:BSOD - Win7 - Kernel-Power

Hi friend and welcome to SF

There are 2 things that I can see from the minidump files:
First thing, most obvious, is your xusb21.sys, which caused BSODs, it belong to XBox USB wireless controller, please download and install fresh copy of it.

Beside that, I see the exception code ffffffc000005, that can suggest memory corruption, I would download third party called memtest86, burn it to CD using Iso recorder and let it run for at least 7 passess (this is less likely but I would like you to try if you have time)
http://www.carrona.org/memdiag.html

Also, virtual cd program such as Deamon tool or Alcohol 120% are notorious for causing BSODs, it would be good if you can remove them completely, then use "remove" option from this program to remove sptd.sys, used by those virtual cd program:
DuplexSecure - Downloads

Code:
BugCheck 1000007E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff88009720a03, fffff88002fee508, fffff88002fedd70}

Probably caused by : xusb21.sys ( xusb21+2a03 )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------
BugCheck 1000007E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff88008616a03, fffff88002ffc508, fffff88002ffbd70}

Probably caused by : xusb21.sys ( xusb21+2a03 )

---------

sptd sptd.sys Sun Mar 22 19:35:35 2009 (49C63097)
Hope it's help, I'm done for now, be back later
~Tuan

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/93607-bsod-win7-kernel-power.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Hello all I ve recently had some issues with my PC I keep getting BSOD errors stating quot DRIVER POWER FAILURE quot Also my computer sometimes will not boot Windows properly and also has issues recovering from sleep mode I read that these issues are consistent with Driver Power failures On a possibly unrelated note sometimes when I am running a Youtube video or a video game pretty much anything failure Driver Win7 on x64 power BSOD: that requires graphics it will have bits of random lag where the audio will also become garbled and then it ll fix itself This happens pretty frequently but I don t know if this issue may be related to the BSOD I ve been getting I am not sure how to post PC specifics so if there s any further information I can provide please let me know I am pretty competent with computers but am not as savvy as I m sure many of you are If you could help it BSOD: Driver power failure on Win7 x64 d really make my Christmas great Thanks for reading nbsp

A:BSOD: Driver power failure on Win7 x64

Hope you had a good Christmas anyway... What are your computers specs?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-driver-power-failure-on-win7-x64.175174/
Relevancy 56.76%

After I managed to eliminate the F BSOD I was getting due to Acronis TrueImage now I am getting a F with Driver Power Failure Message Running the WinDBG BSOD - 9F x86 Failure Power Driver Win7 gives me the following results on the full kernel dump I have setup Win7 x86 BSOD - 9F Driver Power Failure Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version X Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved Loading Dump File C Windows Minidump - - dmp Mini Kernel Dump File Only registers and stack trace are available DbsSplayTreeRangeMap Add ignoring zero-sized range at ffffffff ada Symbol search path is SRV c deldir http msdl microsoft com download symbols Executable search path is Windows Kernel Version MP procs Free x compatible Product WinNt suite TerminalServer SingleUserTS Built by x fre win rtm - Machine Name Kernel base x e PsLoadedModuleList x f Debug session time Wed Nov GMT System Uptime days Loading Kernel Symbols Loading User Symbols Loading unloaded module list kd gt analyze -v WARNING Unable to verify timestamp for amdxata sys ERROR Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for amdxata sys WARNING Unable to verify timestamp for CTAUDFX DLL ERROR Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for CTAUDFX DLL WARNING Unable to verify timestamp for AtiHdmi sys ERROR Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for AtiHdmi sys WARNING Unable to verify timestamp for cdd dll ERROR Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for cdd dll WARNING Unable to verify timestamp for win k sys ERROR Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for win k sys WARNING Unable to verify timestamp for TSDDD dll ERROR Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for TSDDD dll WARNING Unable to verify timestamp for spldr sys ERROR Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for spldr sys WARNING Unable to verify timestamp for dxgkrnl sys ERROR Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for dxgkrnl sys WARNING Unable to verify timestamp for wfpvrenc sys ERROR Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for wfpvrenc sys WARNING Unable to verify timestamp for VD FileDisk SYS ERROR Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for VD FileDisk SYS WARNING Unable to verify timestamp for e e sys ERROR Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for e e sys WARNING Unable to verify timestamp for atikmdag sys ERROR Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmdag sys WARNING Unable to verify timestamp for ctaud k sys ERROR Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for ctaud k sys WARNING Unable to verify timestamp for drmk sys ERROR Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for drmk sys WARNING Unable to verify timestamp for ctoss k sys ERROR Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for ctoss k sys WARNING Unable to verify timestamp for ctprxy k sys ERROR Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for ctprxy k sys WARNING Unable to verify timestamp for yk x sys ERROR Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for yk x sys WARNING Unable to verify timestamp for wfpvrcap sys ERROR Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for wfpvrcap sys WARNING Unable to verify timestamp for ULCDRHlp sys ERROR Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for ULCDRHlp sys WARNING Unable to verify timestamp for WFPVRBAR sys ERROR Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for WFPVRBAR sys WARNING Unable to verify timestamp for wfpvrtun sys ERROR Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for wfpvrtun sys WARNING Unable to verify timestamp for hap v k sys ERROR Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for hap v k sys WARNING Unable to verify timestamp for CTSBLFX DLL ERROR Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for CTSBLFX DLL WARNING Unable to verify timestamp for peauth sys ERROR Module load completed but symbols could not be load... Read more

A:Win7 x86 BSOD - 9F Driver Power Failure

Hi you would be better to copy the minidump to a folder call it tsf minidmp zip it and attach to your next post and let the guys here debug it for you as it is tricky when you are just starting with windbg,I know as I like you have only just started and I still have problems with some dump files and the correct symbols

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/win7-x86-bsod-9f-driver-power-failure-435587.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi to everyone,
A blue screen of death consistently appears to my system (Gamer PC Intel Core i7 2600K 120GB SSD 1TB 8GB GTX560Ti). It's code is the following :
Stop 0x000000F4 (0x0000000000000003, 0xFFFFFA800AC5F450, xxx, xxx).
I have updated mobo's bios and ssd's firmware to the latest version. In my operating system -windpws 7 x64bit sp1- i have disabled the option of shuting down hard disk drives when not in use. I have done so following advices that i found in technical forums.
The problem still occurs. I don't know where is the problem. I hope that you could help me.

A:BSOD 0xF4, win7 x64 sp1 with power management set to always on

Quote: Originally Posted by komax75

Hi to everyone,
A blue screen of death consistently appears to my system (Gamer PC Intel Core i7 2600K 120GB SSD 1TB 8GB GTX560Ti). It's code is the following :
Stop 0x000000F4 (0x0000000000000003, 0xFFFFFA800AC5F450, xxx, xxx).
I have updated mobo's bios and ssd's firmware to the latest version. In my operating system -windpws 7 x64bit sp1- i have disabled the option of shuting down hard disk drives when not in use. I have done so following advices that i found in technical forums.
The problem still occurs. I don't know where is the problem. I hope that you could help me.

We do need the DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.

You may be able to get the DMP files without crashing by booting into safe mode (F8) with networking.

To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.

The procedure:

* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
*If the files are too large please upload them to a file sharing service like "Rapidshare" and put a link to them in your reply.
To ensure minidumps are enabled:

* Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
* Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
* Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
* Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
* Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
* OK your way out.
* Reboot if changes have been made.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/199601-bsod-0xf4-win7-x64-sp1-power-management-set-always.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hello I recently decided to reformat my computer and ever since I've been having multiple issues and can't pinpoint the problem I have various problems -Windows Updates will just hang forever when trying to install -When viewing videos or Netflix Hang - Fresh - Win7 Corrupt, SFC Install BSOD, 64bit Updates Win it seems to BSOD when I switch tabs on the web browser This happens with videos using both Adobe Flash and Microsoft Silverlight Fresh Install - Win7 64bit - SFC Corrupt, BSOD, Win Updates Hang -When I run sfc scannow corrupt files were found that can't be fixed Here is part of the log - - Info CSI SR Could not reproject corrupted file ml l quot C Windows Web Wallpaper Architecture quot l quot img jpg quot Fresh Install - Win7 64bit - SFC Corrupt, BSOD, Win Updates Hang source file in store is also corrupted - - Info CSI dc SR Could not reproject corrupted file ml l quot C Windows Web Wallpaper Architecture quot l quot img jpg quot source file Fresh Install - Win7 64bit - SFC Corrupt, BSOD, Win Updates Hang in store is also corrupted Here are the computer specs Windows x Home Premium MOBO asRock P xtreme gen CPU Intel I k Sandybridge RAM G Skill X GB DDR GPU eVGA TI Burner LG Bluray Burner SSD Samsung GB I have a nd SSD and other HDD but I have disconnected them from the computer while trying to figure out the issue I have installed Windows with my genuine disc and a sp disc and both have sfc corrupt errors on a fresh install Any help is greatly appreciated Thank you Confirmed Just installed Windows bit on my SSD and did an SFC scan and there are no corrupt files

A:Fresh Install - Win7 64bit - SFC Corrupt, BSOD, Win Updates Hang

Load bios defaults, then memtest the ram for several loops. If everything checks ok, maybe your install media is damaged or corrupted.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/233893-fresh-install-win7-64bit-sfc-corrupt-bsod-win-updates-hang.html
Relevancy 56.33%

I'm at my wits end The problem First installed Windows Proff -bit on this machine last monday after installing updates drivers etc I began to recieve intermitent BSODs then began the trouble shooting Tested memory with memtest passed manually set voltages timings ran memtest again passed Started driver verifier etc BSODs stopped Shut down pc went to No 64bit BSOD KSOD Cold Boot Boot Win7 bed Woke up turned on PC and was greeted with the quot windows was unable to start up quot screen Rebooted PC tried to start it in safe-mode couldn't would fail to boot Tried booting with low res graphics couldn't Eventually I decided to do a system restore it finished and booted fine and was stable all day Next morning I turn on my pc and I am greeted with windows boot error screen again Getting BSOD KSOD No Boot Win7 64bit Cold Boot fed up and figuring I don't have much on the machine anyway I reformat and reinstall windows Wary of more errors I decide to test the drivers by installing them booting BSOD KSOD No Boot Win7 64bit Cold Boot down for a bit then starting up again and then going into system restore to get rid of them so I have a clean enviroment for the next set Finally I come to Ati's CCC install it shut down reboot and I'm greeted with a blank screen login screen At this point I am able to login but all that shows is a scaled down version of my wallpaper No icons no taskbar nada I can interact with the system ie start up task manager etc even though I still only see a blank wallpaper Started going back through old drivers figuring that this was an error with ati's newest one Went back as far as CCC and the same thing happened During all of these I was only able to successfully boot into safe mode Eventually I decide to try booting in low res mode and walla it worked I was able to boot into windows and turn up my resolution to the max However this morning my PC booted back up into windows error screen It boots gets to the windows icon flash screen and crashes reboots I cannot get into safe mode The only thing that works is to run system restore and luckily i made a restore point before shutting down last night select the latest restore point Anyone have any idea how to fix this System Specs OS Windows Prof -bit CPU AMD Phenom II X Deneb Motherboard Asus M XTD Evo Memory x gB Adata DDR Graphics Card Sapphire Radeon HD Hard Drives WD gB Black PSU Antec Earthwatts Case Antec AV Windows Security EssentialsFirewall Windows Firewall Sphinx Firewall Controller

A:BSOD KSOD No Boot Win7 64bit Cold Boot

Quote: Originally Posted by roborabbit

I'm at my wits end...

The problem:

First installed Windows 7 Proff 64-bit on this machine last monday after installing updates / drivers etc I began to recieve intermitent BSODs then began the trouble shooting. Tested memory with memtest89+ passed manually set voltages / timings ran memtest89+ again passed. Started driver verifier etc BSODs stopped. Shut down pc went to bed. Woke up turned on PC and was greeted with the "windows was unable to start up" screen. Rebooted PC tried to start it in safe-mode, couldn't would fail to boot. Tried booting with low res graphics... couldn't. Eventually I decided to do a system restore it finished and booted fine and was stable all day. Next morning I turn on my pc and I am greeted with windows boot error screen again. Getting fed up and figuring I don't have much on the machine anyway I reformat and reinstall windows 7. Wary of more errors I decide to test the drivers by installing them booting down for a bit then starting up again and then going into system restore to get rid of them so I have a clean enviroment for the next set. Finally I come to Ati's CCC 10.2 install it shut down reboot and I'm greeted with a blank screen login screen. At this point I am able to login but all that shows is a scaled down version of my wallpaper. No icons, no taskbar, nada. I can interact with the system ie start up task manager etc even though I still only see a blank wallpaper. Started going back through old drivers figuring that this was an error with ati's newest one. Went back as far as CCC 9.1 and the same thing happened. During all of these I was only able to successfully boot into safe mode. Eventually I decide to try booting in low res mode and walla it worked I was able to boot into windows and turn up my resolution to the max. However, this morning my PC booted back up into windows error screen. It boots gets to the windows icon flash screen and crashes / reboots. I cannot get into safe mode. The only thing that works is to run system restore and (luckily i made a restore point before shutting down last night) select the latest restore point.

Anyone have any idea how to fix this?

System Specs:
CPU: AMD Phenom II X 4 945 Deneb
Motherboard: Asus M479XTD Evo
Memory: 4x2gB Adata DDR3 1600
Graphics Card: Sapphire Radeon HD 5840
Hard Drives: WD 500 gB Black PSU:
Antec Earthwatts 650
Case: Antec 300

AV: Windows Security EssentialsFirewall: Windows Firewall + Sphinx Firewall Controller

I still suspect video, or driver. Are you over clocking cpu, or gpu? Now that you have restored can you safe boot? If so does driver show as working in device manager?

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/66450-bsod-ksod-no-boot-win7-64bit-cold-boot.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi, been getting the driver power state failure BSoD like many others. Any help would be greatly appreciated (sorry about posting this Christmas Eve and all).

? OS - Windows 7 home premium
? x64
? original os - Vista
? Win 7 bought retail not OEM
? Laptop- 1.5 years
? OS (Win7) is about 1 year since install
? Intel Core2Duo P8700
? ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3400 video card
? motherboard: ?
? power supply: ?

A:BSoD Win7 Driver power state failure

Hi -

Both dumps name Microsoft USB default USB hub driver usbhub.sys

What's plugged in USB ports?

Run Driver Verifier to check out 3rd party drivers - http://sysnative.com/0x1/driver_verifier.htm

Windbg Logs
--> http://sysnative.com/BSOD_2010/jcgri..._jcgriff2_.txt
--> http://sysnative.com/BSOD_2010/jcgri...riff2_.txt.zip

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

BSOD BUGCHECK SUMMARY

Code:

Built by: 7600.16617.amd64fre.win7_gdr.100618-1621
Debug session time: Fri Dec 24 12:53:21.415 2010 (GMT-5)
System Uptime: 0 days 23:37:27.589
Probably caused by : usbhub.sys
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x9F
PROCESS_NAME: System
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x9F_IMAGE_usbhub.sys
Bugcheck code 0000009F
Arguments 00000000`00000003 fffffa80`05c49060 fffff800`00b9c4d8 fffffa80`0692b920
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Debug session time: Thu Dec 23 13:15:22.046 2010 (GMT-5)
System Uptime: 0 days 10:18:41.872
Probably caused by : usbhub.sys
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x9F
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x9F_IMAGE_usbhub.sys
Bugcheck code 0000009F
Arguments 00000000`00000003 fffffa80`05b11060 fffff800`048cc4d8 fffffa80`047be010
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-win7-driver-power-state-failure-538495.html
Relevancy 56.33%

HELLO, I was reading this forum about the driver_power_state failure blue screen. It appears frequently. I readed users upload a .zip with C:\Windows\Minidump files, here is.

Thanks for the help.

A:BSOD driver power state failure win7

Running the last 12 memory dumps (all from 2011)
For a more detailed response, please follow these instructions: http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ta-452654.html

Please do the following to rule out an malware infection (due to the BSOD's in atapi.sys):

Quote:

Please run one of these free, independent online malware scans to ensure that your current protection hasn't been compromised: Free Online AntiMalware Scanners (read the details at the link)
If you find malware, here's a link on how to post in the Security Center: NEW INSTRUCTIONS - Read This Before Posting For Malware Removal Help - Tech Support Forum

Please uninstall Daemon Tools/Alcohol 120% as it is known to cause BSOD's on Win7 systems. Then use this free tool to remove the offending sptd.sys driver: DuplexSecure - FAQ

OLDER DRIVERS PRESENT IN THE DUMP FILES
- Create a System Restore Point prior to doing any of this. DO NOT mess with the drivers themselves - leave the Windows\System32\drivers directory alone unless we specifically direct you to it!
- Please update these drivers from the device manufacturer's website - or uninstall them from your system. Reference links are included below.
- DO NOT use Windows Update or the Update Drivers function of Device Manager.
- Please feel free to post back about any drivers that you are having difficulty locating.
- Windows Update exceptions may be noted below for Windows drivers:

Quote:

Code:

sptd.sys Sun Oct 11 16:54:02 2009 (4AD245EA)
amdxata.sys Tue May 19 13:57:35 2009 (4A12F30F)
hpdskflt.sys Wed Jul 08 14:40:00 2009 (4A54E800)
vpcnfltr.sys Tue Sep 22 21:18:04 2009 (4AB9774C)
AtiPcie.sys Tue May 05 11:00:16 2009 (4A005480)
epfw.sys Fri Feb 29 08:44:36 2008 (47C80C44)
epfwtdi.sys Fri Feb 29 08:44:38 2008 (47C80C46)
SynTP.sys Fri May 01 12:19:26 2009 (49FB210E)
vpcvmm.sys Tue Sep 22 21:18:05 2009 (4AB9774D)
easdrv.sys Fri Feb 29 08:49:58 2008 (47C80D86)
enecir.sys Thu Sep 04 05:47:24 2008 (48BFAEAC)
athr.sys Tue Jun 09 14:04:52 2009 (4A2EA444)
Rt86win7.sys Thu Feb 26 04:04:22 2009 (49A65B16)
HpqKbFiltr.sys Wed Apr 29 09:46:51 2009 (49F85A4B)
atikmdag.sys Wed Jul 22 22:44:46 2009 (4A67CE9E)
Accelerometer.sys Wed Jul 08 14:40:00 2009 (4A54E800)
Epfwndis.sys Fri Feb 29 08:44:43 2008 (47C80C4B)
RimSerial.sys Mon Nov 24 12:02:13 2008 (492ADE15)
vpcusb.sys Tue Sep 22 21:18:08 2009 (4AB97750)
usbrpm.sys Mon Jul 13 20:14:30 2009 (4A5BCDE6)
vpchbus.sys Tue Sep 22 21:18:06 2009 (4AB9774E)
AtiHdmi.sys Mon Jun 29 08:42:36 2009 (4A48B6BC)
stwrt.sys Tue Jul 21 18:41:43 2009 (4A664427)
AGRSM.sys Mon Nov 10 09:56:37 2008 (49184BA5)
vfs101x.sys Wed Feb 06 21:43:59 2008 (47AA706F)
RTSTOR.SYS Fri Sep 19 05:43:48 2008 (48D37454)
eamon.sys Fri Feb 29 08:49:24 2008 (47C80D64)
snpstd3.sys Tue Mar 27 06:19:35 2007 (4608EFB7)
wdcsam.sys Wed Apr 16 04:27:02 2008 (4805B856)

http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#sptd.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#amdxata.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#hpdskflt.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#vpcnfltr.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#AtiPcie.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#epfw.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#epfwtdi.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#SynTP.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#vpcvmm.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#easdrv.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#enecir.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#athr.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#Rt86win7.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#HpqKbFiltr.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#atikmdag.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#Accelerometer.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#Epfwndis.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#RimSerial.sys
htt... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-driver-power-state-failure-win7-575433.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hi My newly upgraded computer is started giving me Blue screens yesterday the specs are Biostar A G motherboard gigs PNY ram in gig sticks AMD athlon II X geforce videocard watt diablotek PS I upgraded the mobo ram and CPU about a month ago and everything has been fine until yesterday when it started blue screening every mins I ran memtest with all the possible permutations of slot dimm and they both failed before the first run was over Simple right it s either the mobo or the ram failing so why am I bothering to ask Before upgrading of my ram memory or Win7 supply? power BSOD issues sticks had failed on my BSOD Win7 memory issues or power supply? old motherboard in the last year or so with this same power supply Plus the PS has developed some nasty sounds a very loud high BSOD Win7 memory issues or power supply? pitched whine and a deep grinding groaning noise on cold start so after all that rambling could it be the power supply causing the ram to fail memtest thanks for any help advice oh and strangely it s been running fine all day with only one of the BSOD Win7 memory issues or power supply? ram dimms in place View attachment spliggett dmp zip nbsp

A:BSOD Win7 memory issues or power supply?

CLFS.sys is flagging in the minidumps...
Check your memory and hard drive for errors:
http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic51365.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-win7-memory-issues-or-power-supply.176564/
Relevancy 56.33%

HI My laptop now BSOD s after boot i click my name to log in then after about seconds it BSOD s with the error IRQL IS NOT LESS OR EQUAL I m sure i ve got a virus causing this AVAST blocked an attempted connection to an ip i think it was xx xx cant remember After Boot [WIN7] Need BSOD Help [WIN7] , from the process svchost exe as soon as I tried googling the ip got as [WIN7] BSOD After Boot , Need Help [WIN7] far as windows BSOD d and now after every restart the error occurs I ve just run a [WIN7] BSOD After Boot , Need Help [WIN7] full scan of comp from safe mode no luck it picked of a couple of trojans but didn t fix my [WIN7] BSOD After Boot , Need Help [WIN7] problem I cant install HJT either as the installer doesn t work from safe mode what can i do All help welcome and appreciated Also have noticed my Physical memory seems to be in very high useage all the time about sometimes up to EDIT Posts merged BPEDIT THIS HAS TAKEN A TURN FOR THE WORSE I installed Hitman which someone suggested to me and it found a Bootkit said windows was referencing a hidden driver which was a bootkit and it also found tdss rootkit IT removed the rootkit fine and wanted to restart to remove the Bootkit I let it restart and now the comp is f cked When I turn it on the Windows loading bar comes up then cuts to a BSOD here s the Error Codes x B x D B xC D x x

A:[WIN7] BSOD After Boot , Need Help [WIN7]

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you are unable to create a log because your computer cannot start up successfully please provide detailed information about the Windows version you are using: What we in particular need to know is version, edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system. If you are unsure about any of these caracteristics, just let us know and we'll help you figuring it out. Please also tell us if you have your Windows CD/DVD handy.Please include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Please refrain from running tools or applying updates other than those we suggest while we are cleaning up your computer. The reason for this is so we know what is going on with the machine at any time. Some programs can interfere with others and hamper the recovery process.Even if you have already provided information about your PC, we need a new log to see what has changed since you originally posted your problem.We need to create an OTL ReportPlease download OTL from one of the following mirrors:This is THE MirrorSave it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.In the custom scan box paste the following:

msconfig
safebootminimal
activex
drivers32
netsvcs
%SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.exe
/md5start
explorer.exe
winlogon.exe
wininit.exe
hlp.dat
/md5stopPush the button.Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:OTL.txt <-- Will be openedExtra.txt<--Will be minimizedIn the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Watch Topic.I suggest you click it and select Immediate E-Mail notification and click on Proceed. This way you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.After 5 days if a topic is not replied to we assume it has been abandoned and it is closed.regards myrti

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/387711/win7-bsod-after-boot-need-help-win7/
Relevancy 55.47%

I have been receiving random reboots and BSODs on a brand new Dell Studio XPS. Failure is either IRQ LESS OR EQUAL BSOD or kernel power reboot with no BSOD and only x0 info.

Core i7-980X Extreme(12MB L2 Cache, 3.33GHz)
24GB DDR3 SDRAM at 1333MHz
ATI Radeon HD 5870 1GB GDDR5
2x 1TB Serial ATA 2 Hard Drive 7200 RPM
Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium
Windows 7 Ultimate, 64bit, English

In the USB ports:
Pentax DS Mobile 600 Scanner
Wacom Cintiq 12wx
Logitech Unifying Receiver to run Performax MX Mouse and K800 Wireless Keyboard

The memory all came with the system. Fan temps are fine. Virtual devices are all part of LogMeIn. I have tried disabling some services and non-essential drivers to see if it help, per suggestions from other forums - still rebooting and locking.

I am attaching the Windows7_Vista_jcgriff2 directory and the perfmon report. I believe driver verifier was running to help support. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

A:BSOD Kernel Power and IRQL Not Equal Win7 64bit

Did you deliberately disable these devices? If so, why?

Quote:

eHome Infrared Receiver (USBCIR) USB\VID_04EB&PID_E033\SN:CIR-00080612011700000000 This device is disabled.

ATI HDMI Audio HDAUDIO\FUNC_01&VEN_1002&DEV_AA01&SUBSYS_00AA0100&REV_1002\5&2CCD126B&0&0001 This device is disabled.

Your installation of LogMeIn is outdated, please uninstall it for the duration of the testing.

The Driver Verifier enabled memory dump blames a Windows file. Depending on the settings that you chose, this could be a 3rd party driver, a Microsoft/Windows driver, or a hardware problem.

What settings did you use for Driver Verifier?

BSOD BUGCHECK SUMMARY

Code:

Debug session time: Thu Nov 11 19:12:58.258 2010 (UTC - 5:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 7:19:02.320
BugCheck D1, {8, 2, 0, fffff8800edb06c2}
Probably caused by : usbuhci.sys ( usbuhci!UhciPollAsyncEndpoint+4da )
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VERIFIER_ENABLED_VISTA_MINIDUMP
BUGCHECK_STR: 0xD1
Bugcheck code 000000D1
Arguments 00000000`00000008 00000000`00000002 00000000`00000000 fffff880`0edb06c2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-kernel-power-and-irql-not-equal-win7-64bit-528033.html
Relevancy 55.47%

Referred from here http www bleepingcomputer com forums topic html OB nbsp ark txt nbsp nbsp bytes nbsp nbsp downloadsI keep losing a windows boot file I can do a factory state Boot.INF Windows Keep Losing recovery and it will work for about days then the same thing I have an ACER ASPIRE ONE Netbook Model D - With Windows XP Service Pack DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Internet Explorer Run by Goldie at on - - Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition GMT - Running Processes C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager iaanotif exe C WINDOWS system igfxtray exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C PROGRA LAUNCH LManager exe C Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exe C Program Files Carbonite CarbonitePreinstaller exe C WINDOWS PLFSetL exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Acer Acer VCM AcerVCM exe C WINDOWS system igfxext exe C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAANTMon exe C Program Files Acer Acer VCM RS Service exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Keep Losing Windows Boot.INF WINDOWS system msiexec exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp homepage acer com rdr aspx b ACAW amp l amp s amp o xph amp d amp m aspire one uDefault Page URL hxxp homepage acer com rdr aspx b ACAW amp l amp s amp o xph amp d amp m aspire one mDefault Page URL hxxp homepage acer com rdr aspx b ACAW amp l amp Keep Losing Windows Boot.INF s amp o xph amp d amp m aspire one mStart Page hxxp homepage acer com rdr aspx b ACAW amp l amp s amp o xph amp d amp m aspire one uInternet Connection Wizard ShellNext hxxp homepage acer com rdr aspx b ACAW amp l amp s amp o xph amp d amp m aspire one BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO C C A-E - b - D - CECB - No File BHO Partner BHO Class ff f - c - b -b ba-c ddd e c - c documents and settings all users application data partner partner dll BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper d - c - abf- ecc- c - c program files common files microsoft shared windows live WindowsLiveLogin dll BHO Google Toolbar Helper aa ed - dd- d - -cf f - c program files google google toolbar GoogleToolbar dll BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO af de - d - -b fa-ce b ad d - c program files google googletoolbarnotifier swg dll BHO Google Dictionary Compression sdch c d fe-e d- -bb - c e e c e - c program files google google toolbar component fastsearch B C AC BB E dll TB Google Toolbar c b - - d - b - a cd f - c program files google google toolbar GoogleToolbar dll uRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exe mRun IAAnotif c program files intel intel matrix storage manager iaanotif exe mRun IgfxTray c windows system igfxtray exe mRun HotKeysCmds c windows system hkcmd exe mRun Persistence c windows system igfxpers exe mRun RTHDCPL RTHDCPL EXE mRun Alcmtr ALCMTR EXE mRun AzMixerSel c program files realtek audio drivers AzMixerSel exe mRun SynTPEnh c program files synaptics syntp SynTPEnh exe mRun LManager c progra launch LManager exe mRun Google Desktop Search quot c program files google google desktop search GoogleDesktop exe quot startup mRun Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot c program files adobe reader reader Reader sl exe quot mRun CarboniteSetupLite quot c program files carbonite CarbonitePreinstaller exe quot preinstalled mRun IMJPMIG quot c windows ime imjp IMJPMIG EXE quot Spoil RemAdvDef Migration mRun MSPY c windows system ime pintlgnt ImScInst exe SYNC mRun PHIME ASync c windows system ime tintlgnt TINTSETP EXE SYNC mRun PHIME A c windows system ime tintlgnt TINTSETP EXE IMEName mRun PLFSetL c windows PLFSetL exe mRun snp uvc rundll exe c windows system csnp uvc dll ResetCIDS Star... Read more

A:Keep Losing Windows Boot.INF

Hello, maybe you could explain your problem a bit more in detail. What "boot file" is missing exactly?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/440898/keep-losing-windows-bootinf/
Relevancy 55.04%

Dell Latitude 2120. Windows 7 trying to restore at boot up, loads 18000+ updates then restores again in loop. Safe mode attemp restore lists OS C: as only selectable drive, operating drive is D:
<DIR> lookup shows an apple update and delete april of 2013 appears to be when problem started.

A:Windows 7 restore to updates, no boot, loop back to updates

Quote: Originally Posted by whitefoote

Dell Latitude 2120. Windows 7 trying to restore at boot up, loads 18000+ updates then restores again in loop. Safe mode attemp restore lists OS C: as only selectable drive, operating drive is D:
<DIR> lookup shows an apple update and delete april of 2013 appears to be when problem started.

Hi whitefoote,

Welcome to Seven forums.

Kindly check this link which should be helpful in resolving this issue:

Failure to Boot

Also, you can perform a factory install if you have taken a backup using dell software:

http://dell.to/19boJUM

Keep us posted with the results so we can advise you further.

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/314767-windows-7-restore-updates-no-boot-loop-back-updates.html
Relevancy 55.04%

Windows 7 Enterprise (x64) (build 7600)
Dell Inc. OptiPlex 780
2.93 gigahertz Intel Core2 Duo
Board: Dell Inc. 0C27VV A00
BIOS: Dell Inc. A01 09/01/2009
319.98 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity
3996 Megabytes Usable Installed Memory

I have attached dump files and BSOD Dump & System File Collection

Please let me know if you need any further information.

A:Getting daily BSOD in WIN7 machine, EventID: 41 Source: Kernel-Power

Quote: Originally Posted by warmoor73

Windows 7 Enterprise (x64) (build 7600)
Dell Inc. OptiPlex 780
2.93 gigahertz Intel Core2 Duo
Board: Dell Inc. 0C27VV A00
BIOS: Dell Inc. A01 09/01/2009
319.98 Gigabytes Usable Hard Drive Capacity
3996 Megabytes Usable Installed Memory

I have attached dump files and BSOD Dump & System File Collection

Please let me know if you need any further information.

"It's not a true crash, in the sense that the bluescreen was initiated only because the combination of video driver and video hardware was being unresponsive, and not because of any synchronous processing exception".

Since Vista, the "Timeout Detection and Recovery" (TDR) components of the OS video subsystem have been capable of doing some truly impressive things to try to recover from issues which would have caused earlier OSs like XP to crash.

As a last resort, the TDR subsystem sends the video driver a "please restart yourself now!" command and waits a few seconds.

If there's no response, the OS concludes that the video driver/hardware combo has truly collapsed in a heap, and it fires off that stop 0x116 BSOD.

If playing with video driver versions hasn't helped, make sure the box is not overheating.

Try removing a side panel and aiming a big mains fan straight at the motherboard and GPU.

Run it like that for a few hours or days - long enough to ascertain whether cooler temperatures make a difference.

If so, it might be as simple as dust buildup and subsequently inadequate cooling.

I would download cpu-z and gpu-z (both free) and keep an eye on the video temps Let us know if you need help STOP 0x116: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR troubleshooting

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/189251-getting-daily-bsod-win7-machine-eventid-41-source-kernel-power.html
Relevancy 55.04%

I keep losing a windows boot file, I can do a factory state recovery and it will work for about 3 days then the same thing, Help, please.

A:Losing windows boot file

I have an ACER ASPIRE ONE Netbook Model # D250-1116
With Windows XP Service Pack 3.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/440878/losing-windows-boot-file/
Relevancy 54.61%

This Vostro has random BSODs with the Driver power state failure noted in the top portion of the BSOD.

It is running the latest BIOS (A12) and has the latest drivers to the best of my knowledge.

See attached file.

A:Dell Vostro 3700 win7 pro x64 BSOD driver power state failure

Hi speedlever.

Do you use the webcam?

Can you disable the webcam and let us know if the BSOD is occurring anymore or not?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/357431-dell-vostro-3700-win7-pro-x64-bsod-driver-power-state-failure.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I downloaded RT7Lite and all Windows Updates released since 5-13-2014 using the Windows Update Downloader.

Can I simply use the integrate option to slipstream all of the files I downloaded with the downloader? There are a mix of .exe and .msu files. I read that some updates are prerequisite for others, so will they be installed in the correct order of I slipstream them all into the same Win7 .iso file?

Thanks for any help.

-Brandon

A:Best Way to Slipstream Windows Updates (Win7)

Officially, there is no supported way to slipstream Windows 7.

Having said that, look here...
Slipstream Windows 7 SP1 into a Installation DVD or ISO File

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/335085-best-way-slipstream-windows-updates-win7.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I see win 7 updates available.... when I try to select them to install, it appears that only windows 10 will download and install. so I dont get it. why cant I install only the win7 updates and not 10? I dont want 10.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/386552-cant-install-win7-updates-only-windows-10-a.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Disclaimer If I am not in the correct place please bump and I ask your forgiveness for messing up your day with an ill-placed post Hello and thank you in advance for being able to assist in any way with this issue I have a very old machine It's a Compaq SR WM all OEM hardware I received it from the owner that bought it from the store I didn't have it "losing" PRO continuously XP files to boot. required Windows long before I got an error message about the hal dll file missing I fixed that Windows XP PRO continuously "losing" files required to boot. issue It is just a machine I use to put some light emulators on for classic roms It has no internet not even a wireless card I'm saying this to assist you in ascertaining that this is NOT a virus malware spyware adware ect It was running fine until it suddenly began restarting booting being on Win Xp for about one minute then doing it all over again I gave it a hard shut down to stop the loop and restarted At this point the fans would rev then slow no bios noises and the light on the front with flash times rest times rest ect At this point I cracked the case checked my seating heat syncs reseated everything and removed a stick of ram that I had put in it at first which worked at that time when I received it After reseating and removing the newer stick of ram it would come on at least but it came up to a message that windows could not start because I was missing my windows system files I know that was a long preamble to my question please forgive My question is is there a problem in my operating system or is there a problem in the drive or bios I don't understand why a clean machine with no internet access keeps giving me this problem at random intervals This is the third time Any information would be most appreciated I'm at my wit's end Thank you

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/629231/windows-xp-pro-continuously-losing-files-required-to-boot/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi everyone I've been struggling with this problem for two days and I haven't found a solution so far So two days ago my PC got a BSOD without any prelude It pointed to usbohci sys I restarted then chose the repair option It started loading files then hung on the 'Starting Windows' screen Couple more attempts same outcome Safe mode loadup stops at classpnp sys Then I booted it from Hiren's Boot Disc and after - BSODs managed to load the mini XP I could save some from Cannot boot after DVD Win7 even BSOD of my data at least Restart again trying to boot from Win Dvd Nada Hangs on quot Starting Windows' again Once it started somehow I chose startup repair It scanned for about half an hour and came up with quot Sorry Cannot even boot from Win7 DVD after BSOD I'm unable to repair quot Another reset Now Windows booted up somehow The Cannot even boot from Win7 DVD after BSOD desktop came up seemed to go ok for about an hour Then another BSOD Memory dump something Since then it can't boot again Same symptoms as above Plus sometimes it shows another BSOD with Cannot even boot from Win7 DVD after BSOD a bad pool header message I hope I didn't miss to mention anything I've updated the BIOS unplugged all unnecessary USB devices Pls help Specs Phenom ASUS M A-H HDMI GB Kingston DDR TB WD S-ATA HDD x GB partitions ASUS EAH MB Win Ultimate x

A:Cannot even boot from Win7 DVD after BSOD

It seems, that it was a memory failure. I took one pair of the modules out --> absolutely no boot (so the bad one(s) were left in.)
Switched 'em --> Startup repair completed in a minute, then Windows started normally!
Now I'm running extended HDD sector tests, just to make everything sure.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/182702-cannot-even-boot-win7-dvd-after-bsod.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi everyone So here is my situation I have a Gateway laptop with Windows Home Premium on it I installed AVG when Norton's was on my computer as well I was not aware that you could not have two anti-virus programs installed at the same time So the computer froze and then when I restarted it it would not boot because a Norton's file was corrupted Files, Without Reinstall Boot Windows Losing Disc Ubuntu Won't I downloaded the AVG Recovery program it booted up fine I was able to remove all traces of AVG via their Linux setup however the computer still won't start The corrupt Norton's file was removed Windows Reinstall Without Losing Files, Ubuntu Disc Won't Boot as well and again still would not boot into Windows It tried the Windows repair but that didn't work either Now it will not even get to a menu option to get into Safe Mode or anything It goes right to a screen that states that I need to insert a Windows Recovery disc Crap So I downloaded the Ubuntu iso and burned it to a DVD The CDs didn't have enough space on them but it will not boot in the computer The Gateway doesn't read the DVD and yes I went into BIOS and made sure that it was the top of the boot list I am not sure if it was something I did wrong while creating the bootable Ubuntu disc or not If I can manage to get a Windows disc Which I do not have is there a way to fix this without losing all of my files I don't have a ton on there that I would be sad about losing other than documents and photos Thank you in advance

A:Windows Reinstall Without Losing Files, Ubuntu Disc Won't Boot

you can download windows 7 here: Windows 7 Direct Download Links, Official Disk Images from Digital River .. just make sure you can provide a key for activation. then follow steps on windows recovery, just browse it in the tutorials.

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/357898-windows-reinstall-without-losing-files-ubuntu-disc-wont-boot.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi
I get BSOD both in XP and Win7, both installed on the same machine (on different HDD if it makes any diferenece).
On XP i get : DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
On Win7 : IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL and MEMORY_MANAGEMENT

Hoping that someone can identify what is wrong

Thanks alot

A:BSOD on both XP and Win7 (dual boot on same pc)

Sounds like a hardware defect

Run Prime 95 to test your CPU. Carefully the instructions in this tutorial: CPU - Stress Test with Prime95. Run 3 separate tests, one on each of the settings (Blend, Small FFTs, Large FFTs).
Note that this test may overheat the CPU, ensure proper cooling.

Test your RAM
RAM - Test with Memtest86+

Post back with you results

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/218114-bsod-both-xp-win7-dual-boot-same-pc.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Thank you for reading through these for me. I hope you can help me get this working. I appreciate it so much!

A:Clean Install Win7 x86. Windows Updates not working :-(

WELL..........BAM!!!
I am soooooo confused???
I walked away after I posted this for your help.
Sat down at the laptop and was welcomed by this on the screen.
HOW??? I have spent hours with this. Any ideas?

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/377713-clean-install-win7-x86-windows-updates-not-working.html
Relevancy 52.46%

no immediate action I can tie this too - ie recently loaded software I have run the boot repair tool and no dice I have tried safemodes with without network and no dice I have tried accessing a restore point but they are no longer there so no dice after digging at it with the windows CD the repair scan chkdsk with fix etc I've gotten several notices one for driver one for registry so not sure where to go I can get to a command prompt so I ran and wont reset - boot BSOD Win7 the FRST tool I have posted the output file below Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated Scan result of Win7 wont boot - BSOD and reset Farbar Recovery Scan Tool FRST txt x Version - - Ran by SYSTEM on MININT-TDCI OH on - - Running from G Windows Home Premium X OS Language English US Internet Explorer Version Boot Mode Recovery The current controlset is ControlSet ATTENTION gt If the system is bootable FRST could be run from normal or Safe mode to create a complete log Registry Whitelisted HKLM Run MSC - c Program Files Microsoft Security Client msseces exe - - Microsoft Corporation HKLM-x Run SSDMonitor - C Program Files x Common Files PC Tools sMonitor SSDMonitor exe - - PC Tools HKLM-x Run Adobe ARM - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe - - Adobe Systems Incorporated HKLM-x Run HP Software Update - C Program Files x HP HP Software Update HPWuSchd exe - - Hewlett-Packard HKLM-x Run - x HKLM-x Run SunJavaUpdateSched - C Program Files x Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe - - Oracle Corporation HKU Rob Run Google Update - C Users Rob AppData Local Google Update GoogleUpdate exe - - Google Inc HKU Rob Run SUPERAntiSpyware - C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe - - SUPERAntiSpyware Startup C Users Rob AppData Roaming Microsoft Windows Start Menu Programs Startup CurseClientStartup ccip Services Whitelisted S SASCORE C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SASCORE EXE - - SUPERAntiSpyware com S DMDefragService C Program Files x PC Tools Utilities Tools Defrag DMDefragSrv exe - - PC Tools S DMRepairService C Program Files x PC Tools Utilities Tools Repair DMRepairSrv exe - - PC Tools S ForceWare Intelligent Application Manager IAM C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NetworkAccessManager bin nSvcAppFlt exe - - S MsMpSvc c Program Files Microsoft Security Client MsMpEng exe - - Microsoft Corporation S NisSrv c Program Files Microsoft Security Client NisSrv exe - - Microsoft Corporation S nSvcIp C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation NetworkAccessManager bin nSvcIp exe - - S PCToolsSSDMonitorSvc C Program Files x Common Files PC Tools sMonitor StartManSvc exe - - PC Tools Drivers Whitelisted S bcbtums C Windows System drivers bcbtums sys - - Broadcom Corporation S MpFilter C Windows System DRIVERS MpFilter sys - - Microsoft Corporation S NisDrv C Windows System DRIVERS NisDrvWFP sys - - Microsoft Corporation S PCTDMDefrag C Windows system drivers PCTDMDefrag sys - - PC Tools S PCTDMDefrag C Windows system drivers PCTDMDefrag sys - - PC Tools S PCTDSMon C Windows system drivers PCTDSMon sys - - PC Tools S PCTDSMon C Windows system drivers PCTDSMon sys - - PC Tools S SASDIFSV C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SASDIFSV SYS - - SUPERAdBlocker com and SUPERAntiSpyware com S SASDIFSV C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SASDIFSV SYS - - SUPERAdBlocker com and SUPERAntiSpyware com S SASKUTIL C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SASKUTIL SYS - - SUPERAdBlocker com and SUPERAntiSpyware com S ALSysIO C Users Rob AppData Local Temp ALSysIO sys x S btwampfl C Windows system drivers btwampfl sys x S btwaudio system drivers btwaudio sys x S btwavdt system DRIVERS btwavdt sys x S btwl cap system DRIVERS btwl cap sys x S btwrchid system DRIVERS btwrchid sys x S TfFsMon system drivers TfFsMon sys x S TfNetMon C Windows system drivers TfNetMon sys x S TfSysMon system drivers TfSysMon sys x NetSvcs Whitelisted One Month Created Files and Folders - - - - - - D C FRST - - - - - - SHD C found - - - - - - C Windows Minidump - - dmp - - - - - - C Windows Minidum... Read more

A:Win7 wont boot - BSOD and reset

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything.
We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.
To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:
*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/508655 <<< CLICK THIS LINK
If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.
***************************************************If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system.If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.
Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.
We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from the following link if you no longer have it available and save it to your destop.DDS.com Download LinkDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet.
Information on A/V control can be found HERE.As I am just a silly little program running on the BleepingComputer.com servers, please do not send me private messages as I do not know how to read and reply to them! Thanks!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/508655/win7-wont-boot-bsod-and-reset/
Relevancy 52.46%

Hey guys new here Have this BSOD problem while installing Win as dual boot XP pro sp already installed st as PRIMARY OS actually it installs fine but when starting win for the st time i get BSOD with dual BSOD as Win7 boot...HELP! installing while this - x C X X DCB C X X i googled amp read something about memory module not properly BSOD while installing Win7 as dual boot...HELP! seated in slot BSOD while installing Win7 as dual boot...HELP! So i took it out amp installed it firmly inside the respective slots Did a fresh format amp installed Win but same problem I should mention that my primary OS Win XP pro SP is running smoothly without any glitches whatsoever I switched off all my HDD fans amp exhaust fans inside the tower case amp took out my EMU soundcard BSOD while installing Win7 as dual boot...HELP! as well amp format the nd partition amp installed win but still get the same problem I have installed Win on a separate HDD before this amp have no BSOD problems it all started when trying to dual boot Win with Win XP pro Really need help here Win XP on Partition Win on Partition Partition - Empty plan to install ubuntu after resolving this problem Im currently running MemTest v just to make sure my RAM is not the culprit

A:BSOD while installing Win7 as dual boot...HELP!

Finished MemTest86+ v4, everything is fine no problems with RAM..

help someone...!!

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/42089-bsod-while-installing-win7-dual-boot-help.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hey guys Long time reader first time poster I built this machine myself about a year ago Ordered a kit from NewEgg and things have always worked great I recently moved to a new house and I did the PC move by myself in my car so nothing was jostled around or anything and I started noticing about a week ago that I was getting BSOD's when I woke up the PC system - old 64 on Win7 Boot Bit BSOD year 1 from being asleep Turns out it'd happen on a cold boot as well It normally Blue screens once reboots and then boots up fine after that The only system hardware change I made recently was I added in and slaved off a brand new TB HDD for storage about two months ago But that's only for storage there are no system files on it I took a look at the forums and did some troubleshooting So far I Did the BSOD on Boot - Win7 64 Bit 1 year old system windows repair with lead to- System restore Ran windows update Checked to make sure Drivers are up to date although I am going to run verifier exe Performed a scandisk of my HDD Ran the memtest bootable iso for about three hours and my memory checked out fine My memory dump files seem to point to the ntoskernel exe So I'm not sure what to do Here is my PC information OS - Vista Windows - Windows x -bit or x - Bit What was original installed OS on system - Windows XP Only briefly then wiped it and loaded Win Age of system hardware - year as of February Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS - year as of February and no CPU - AMD Athalon II X Ghz Socket AM W Quad-core Processor Video Card - Sapphire Radeon HD MotherBoard - Gigabyte GA-MA GM-S Micro ATX AMD Motherboard Power Supply - brand amp wattage - Cooler Master eXtreme Power Plus RS- -PMSR-A W Power Supply System Manufacturer - Built myself Exact model number if laptop check label on bottom - N A I've attached the zip file along with my last three dmp files and a doc of one of my windows errors upon logging into windows I noticed that the perfmon ext shows that I don't have any virus protection which is false I am using AVAST I appreciate any help you can offer guys

A:BSOD on Boot - Win7 64 Bit 1 year old system

Sorry guys, I had to reupload the .zip file :)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-on-boot-win7-64-bit-1-year-old-system-562198.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hi So my problem is that my sis dropped her luckily empty mug on my laptop I was running a game at the moment which started lagging It's always lagging a little bit so I was not surprised But after or seconds it and can't repair boot, Win7 can't BSOD install after can't froze the cursor showed up and Win7 can't boot, can't repair and can't install after BSOD I got a BSOD for about seconds Then the laptop restarted and it can't boot It gets to the Starting Windows message and the windows logo but then it stops and after a minute or so it restarts I tried using the Windows Startup Repair Tool from the DVD but when I click quot Repair Windows quot it changes to an empty screen and stops Win7 can't boot, can't repair and can't install after BSOD I can move Win7 can't boot, can't repair and can't install after BSOD the mouse but nothing happens for minutes Same thing when clicking the Install now button I took it apart but nothing seems to be broken everything fits in its place I believe it is the HDD but I'm not certain Unfortunately not being able to log in I don't have a dump file and I can't quite remember what the BSOD screen said Could you help me

A:Win7 can't boot, can't repair and can't install after BSOD

Quote: Originally Posted by Gabesz852

Hi!

So my problem is that my sis dropped her (luckily empty) mug on my laptop. I was running a game at the moment, which started lagging. It's always lagging a little bit, so I was not surprised. But after 2 or 3 seconds, it froze, the cursor showed up, and I got a BSOD, for about 5 seconds. Then the laptop restarted, and it can't boot. It gets to the Starting Windows message and the windows logo, but then it stops, and after a minute or so, it restarts. I tried using the Windows Startup Repair Tool from the DVD, but when I click "Repair Windows" it changes to an empty screen, and stops. I can move the mouse, but nothing happens for 20 minutes. Same thing when clicking the Install now button. I took it apart, but nothing seems to be broken, everything fits in its place. I believe it is the HDD, but I'm not certain. Unfortunately, not being able to log in, I don't have a dump file, and I can't quite remember what the BSOD screen said. Could you help me?

Have you tried booting from safe mode (F8)?

Have you tried booting from the win 7 dvd?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/194914-win7-cant-boot-cant-repair-cant-install-after-bsod.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Hello,

When booting or trying to repair, I get Unmountable_boot_volume BSODs.

Before that:
- blue screens caused by defective RAM, so i kept the only running module in my laptop
- then very slow boot (up to 20 min) and windows sessions
- then BSOD mentioning Iastor.sys
- and now Unmountable_boot_volume when trying to boot or repair startup.

I have Hiren and WinRE (but no Win7 installation disc), so I tried various things, like fixing MBR but it tells me he can't find a system volume, repairing with WinRe but, of course, no system partition is listed in the box.

I also have setup my HDD to IDE instead of AHCI in the BIOS.

At this point, what should I do?

Thanks

N7

A:Unmountable boot volume BSOD - Win7.64

Run Checkdisk and the manufacturer's hard disk diagnostic utility. If the drive is good, try Minitool Partition Wizard (free).

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/355486-unmountable-boot-volume-bsod-win7-64-a.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Thanks for your time First off I must state that I am not trained in computers but I to updates (Win7 Failed install Basic) Windows Home have been using Windows PCs for many years now This machine was purchased just a month ago and we have been trying to install Windows updates during this period I could make out that some of the updates have been installed eg Bing desktop and many other important ones but not all Failed to install Windows updates (Win7 Home Basic) of them Every time the process stops at about of Failed to install Windows updates (Win7 Home Basic) completion and the system proceeds to shut down During subsequent power up configuration would also progress up to Failed to install Windows updates (Win7 Home Basic) and will be terminated with this display quot Failed configuring updates reverting changes quot or similar message I have tried to gather all the information that was listed in this website the update posting instructions I received after I registered here Windows Update Posting Instructions except for one item Windows update error codes However I tried I could not gather this piece of information If it is the correct thing to do I can upload the screen shot showing the results of the command prompt scan and also the the zipped CBS file I will wait to hear from you Thanks for your time

A:Failed to install Windows updates (Win7 Home Basic)

Welcome to the forum, I'm sure our experts will be able to help when they see your post. I suggest you put the files you have into your next post in this thread to give them something to check over.

Don't worry about not about being trained in computers the experts will work with you at your pace to get your computer working again.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/284488-failed-install-windows-updates-win7-home-basic.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I have two Win machines and both started doing this Tuesday One is my main desktop gaming machine the other is a mix of a Media Center and home server They re both setup different as to how and when they update On my desktop I have it set to notify me of updates which it stopped doing months ago and generally manually install them Wednesday or Thursday to make sure everything goes OK before the other machine gets them The other machine installs them automatically on Sunday When I turned on my desktop this past Wednesday the svchost exe process that handles Windows Update started eating up one whole updates. [Win7] Tuesday's Update eating Windows since constantly CPU core of CPU which it usually does when it checks for updates It generally stops after a few minutes but three hours later it was still going I remote logged into my other [Win7] Windows Update constantly eating CPU since Tuesday's updates. machine and it too had the svchost exe process going and it wasn t even scheduled to update On my desktop I went through the steps to reset Windows update by following this guide Once I restarted it went back to chewing up CPU time I opened the Windows Update and tried to install the updates but it sat there showing downloading updates I just left it running while I had to go out and do some errands I came back about - hours later and it was [Win7] Windows Update constantly eating CPU since Tuesday's updates. still sitting at downloading updates and eating up CPU time While I was searching for ways to fix it around an hour later it finally began to download the updates and installed them and so far it seems to be fine The CPU eating on the other machine also finally stopped about the same time Today though when I remote logged into the other machine svchost exe was going at it again This machine runs and I don t need it running up my electricity bill because of Windows Update so I [Win7] Windows Update constantly eating CPU since Tuesday's updates. decided to manually install the updates rather wait for it to do it Sunday Just like on my desktop when I started the update it sat at downloading for hours before finally installing them My desktop does not have any of the Win updates installed The other machine does but I have made the registry change to disable OS updates and disabled the GWX tasks in task manager because it runs Windows Media Center for recording TV and I don t want it updating Is anyone else having this problem I haven t seen any complaints anywhere about this past Tuesday s Windows Update causing problems but it seems odd that it happened on both of my Win machines So far after installing the updates the CPU consumption stopped but I don t want Windows Update doing this every month eating up CPU time until I manually install the updates and taking hours to update nbsp

A:[Win7] Windows Update constantly eating CPU since Tuesday's updates.

Microsoft hasn't been doing anything but fucking up Windows Update for Windows 7 users (and 8/8.1 users to lesser degrees) in a pretty blatant attempt to push people into giving up on Windows 7 (because they want you to believe it's basically obsolete and useless now which of course is an absolute lie) by making it so frustrating to use, especially when it comes to being updated with the latest security patches and whatever. For the moment there's realistically nothing you as an end user can do except "take it like a man" I suppose, not sure how else to put it delicately.

I think it's pretty sad what they're doing to loyal Windows users, but they have their own very different agenda now with Windows 10 and the rest of us that simply have no use for that operating system are being lambasted constantly with the crap they're putting us through just to keep Windows 7 updated - I mean, they state they'll support it till 2020 but I have to wonder just how many people have jumped ship to Windows 10 so far because they're simply ignorant of what's actually going on with the crap that Microsoft is pulling.

I haven't personally seen any issues with my machine but it has none of the "infected" (which is as good a word as any considering) Windows Updates which will try to get Windows 10 installed or at least force some notifications on the end user to get Windows 10 installed at some point. I take it upon myself to ensure that I check out each update they post either at the Knowledge Base itself or I'll check forums where people are doing a lot more research into this stuff and see what appears to be "safe" to install and what is best avoided like the plague.

Unfortunately, I'm in the minuscule minority in that respect, even around here at this forum where a lot of people are like me (disclaimer: assumption incoming): technologically adept and on top of things with respect to all this Windows Update bullshit.

Sad to say there's really not much you can do but hope enough people complain about the svchost.exe issue that another hotfix/update is posted soon to address yet another thing Microsoft has broken pretty much on purpose and according to plan.

I did a clean install yesterday for a client and here are the only updates I installed for him after the install and before I even got online with that machine (these were downloaded from the KB or from the Catalog manually and saved for offline installation):

That's it, just those, and with those Windows Update seems to not hang for really long periods of time, no more than about 10 minutes at most when checking for updates that first time after a clean install. I can't say if they'll affect a current install that might have a bunch of other updates already going, but that's what I've found to be useful to alleviate some of the ridiculous delays.

https://hardforum.com/threads/win7-windows-update-constantly-eating-cpu-since-tuesdays-updates.1902681/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi Everyone I think the 'Topic Title' really sums it up I can see that or Installer Progs. Won't Windows Install Updates (Win7) Uninstall the Win Install Module is set to Manual and 'running' and I seem to have tried all the online advice I can find including switching it off and back on again but to no avail The last update which has been awaiting upload for about weeks now is for Microsoft Silverlite but the box says 'Windows Installer can not be accessed' I have tried to uninstall Silverlite but it says the 'windows installer service could not be accessed' as previously Programmes that are already installed will update from their respective sources My main problem to me is that I don't know when it all started although I have been into the Win Update log and can see some installed and some didn't in mid Windows Installer (Win7) Won't Install Updates or Uninstall Progs. February I've downloaded the Microsoft 'MrFixit' for this problem -- but that can't help me either Generally the PC is running fine but the lack of updates the longer it goes on is a concern All help will be greatly appreciated Best Wishes to All -- astaqq UK

A:Windows Installer (Win7) Won't Install Updates or Uninstall Progs.

There is an article here which may assist you.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/528415/windows-installer-win7-wont-install-updates-or-uninstall-progs/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello I have laptops with the identical issue I am trying to work on one before fixing the other I have been working with another Bleeping Computer tech and he referred me to this forum http www bleepingcomputer com forums t infected-with-win bundledtoolbargoogled view getnewpost the above thread is the last communication that we have had on the topic My problem is this Windows Update in Win is stuck in a loop trying to search search stuck updates trying Windows in for Win7 loop a in to is Update for updates At one time I did an ESET Online Scanner scan and came up with a virus The virus was cleaned but I still have the issue with not getting Windows Updates This one laptop in particular the issue started when I had Vista on there I had since erased the hard drive Windows Update in Win7 is stuck in a loop trying to search for updates in a -swipe process and I did this times After the first time I used Win on there instead Windows Update in Win7 is stuck in a loop trying to search for updates of Vista The problem still persists Can you help me with this issue Thank you

A:Windows Update in Win7 is stuck in a loop trying to search for updates

I would say if the system has been checked by others as per your last original post and stated clean.

Then i see you say that Windows Update - stalls ? ... { You could check Task Manager - Running Tasks - and if WU is running ok.
Does this mean the PC is unresponsive or just Updates taking to long ? { No % Increase }.

I have had PCs take over 10 hours to process and then download.

Hopefully all your Services are still correctly Set ? , i would run the Windows Update over night , the longer the better , and see if it can actually complete.

This has been an issue for quite sometime after intro of Win10 , and for Win 7 machines to be last inline and  ess of a priorty over 10.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/612859/windows-update-in-win7-is-stuck-in-a-loop-trying-to-search-for-updates/
Relevancy 52.03%

I'm running (Dell OEM) Win7 Home Premium on a Dell Inspiron 5520. The machine's used for dev work and runs a VM in Parallels Workstation, has sundry techy nonsense installed like python, nxlog, wireshark, git/svn. Antivirus is F-Secure; had Avast! instead for a while but it interfered with VMs. Some files were restored from backups of another Inspiron 5520 with a bad HDD.

I have the following 5 updates that won't install:Internet Explorer 10
KB2676562
KB2758857
KB2872339
KB2726535
Attachment 285781

The errors are:800B0100
9C57
Attachment 285782

Running sfc /scannow did not find any integrity violations:
Attachment 285783

Attached is the contents of Logs/CBS. I cut out the .cab files and cbs.bld to reduce file size; let me know if you need them.

A:5 Windows Updates Won't Apply; Win7 Home Premium, 6.1.7601

There are a fair number of problem files there -

Code:
Unavailable repair files:
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ntdll_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.22379_none_b74a85ec2c171ea6.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-wow64_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.22379_none_c6996fb40738a459.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-consolehost_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.22379_none_d2cf6efb32033843.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-kernel32_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.22379_none_f2318ceb8634fb3e.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-winsrv_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.22379_none_14f23e4ccc3ea83b.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-kernelbase_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.22379_none_85761ffde47d832a.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-os-kernel_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.18205_none_ca621acbcab9bc3b.manifest
winsxs\manifests\wow64_microsoft-windows-ntdll_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.22379_none_c19f303e6077e0a1.manifest
winsxs\manifests\x86_microsoft-windows-os-kernel_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.18205_none_6e437f48125c4b05.manifest
winsxs\manifests\wow64_microsoft-windows-csrsrv_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.22379_none_324f890209a7d654.manifest
winsxs\manifests\wow64_microsoft-windows-wow64_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.18205_none_d0ac2b8722469d97.manifest
winsxs\manifests\wow64_microsoft-windows-winsrv_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.22379_none_1f46e89f009f6a36.manifest
winsxs\manifests\wow64_microsoft-windows-kernelbase_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.22379_none_8fcaca5018de4525.manifest
winsxs\manifests\wow64_microsoft-windows-wow64_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.22379_none_d0ee1a063b996654.manifest
winsxs\manifests\wow64_microsoft-windows-kernel32_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.22379_none_fc86373dba95bd39.manifest
winsxs\manifests\wow64_microsoft-windows-appid_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.22379_none_c014624816718091.manifest
winsxs\manifests\x86_microsoft-windows-os-kernel_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.22379_none_6e856dc72baf13c2.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-appid_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.22379_none_b5bfb7f5e210be96.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-smss_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.22379_none_0aae4fa7491b124a.manifest
winsxs\manifests\wow64_microsoft-windows-smss_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.22379_none_1502f9f97d7bd445.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-csrsrv_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.22379_none_27fadeafd5471459.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-os-kernel_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.22379_none_caa4094ae40c84f8.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-wow64_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.18205_none_c6578134ede5db9c.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-minkernelapinamespace_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.22379_none_692597a0abb965cc.manifest
winsxs\manifests\x86_microsoft-windows-minkernelapinamespace_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.22379_none_0d06fc1cf35bf496.manifest
winsxs\manifests\amd64_microsoft-windows-ntdll_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.18205_none_b708976d12c455e9.manifest
winsxs\manifests\wow64_microsoft-windows-ntdll_31bf3856ad364e35_6.1.7601.18205_none_c15d41bf472517e4.manifest
servicing\packages\Package_2_for_KB2859537~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.3.mum
servicing\packages\Package_2_for_KB2859537~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.3.mum
servicing\packages\Package_3_for_KB2859537~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.3.mum
servicing\packages\Package_3_for_KB2859537~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.3.mum
servicing\packages\Package_4_for_KB2859537~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.3.mum
servicing\packages\Package_4_for_KB2859537~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.3.mum
servicing\packages\Package_5_for_KB2859537~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.3.mum
servicing\packages\Package_5_for_KB2859537~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.3.mum
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2859537_SP1~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.3.mum
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2859537_SP1~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~6.1.1.3.mum
servicing\packages\Package_for_KB2859537~31bf... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/304817-5-windows-updates-wont-apply-win7-home-premium-6-1-7601-a.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi,

I've got a Win 7 pro 64 bit SP1 machine on a domain, pointing to a local WSUS server which has stopped installing updates. The update gets to the point in the progress bar where it should be installed but then returns failed with 80070643 & 80071A91 error codes. Currently there are 45 updates outstanding. All other machines on the domain receive and apply updates successfully.

If I try to apply updates 1 by 1, I get a mixture of the errors already stated depending on the update i'm applying.

I've run chkdsk & sfc /scannow.

SURT has been run.

Updates still coming back with the same error.

CBS log is 185Mb, so even zipped to large to attach, CheckSUR is reporting no errors detected.

Anti-Virus is: Sophos Endpoint 10.3

If anyone can help it would be massively appreciated!

Thanks,
Jack

A:Windows Update Error 80070643 & 80071A91 on all updates - Win7 64 SP1

Delete the older CBSPersist files from the archive until it's below 8MB - or post the entire archive to a fileshare site and post a link,

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/365308-windows-update-error-80070643-80071a91-all-updates-win7-64-sp1.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I wanted to set up Ubuntu on my computer and followed the instructions in the first answer to this thread dual boot - How to install Ubuntu alongside Windows - Ask Ubuntu As instructed I created a logical partition using EaseUS software I did this on my H drive a hard disk drive whereas Windows was installed on C and SSD After a mandatory reboot for the new partition changes I did not immediately go to install Ubuntu although I had Live USB to do so - Ubuntu to Dual Wanted Won't Boot Boot and Win7 Anymore Windows Instead if I remember properly I booted into Windows to make sure everything was Wanted to Dual Boot Win7 and Ubuntu - Windows Won't Boot Anymore OK but only to find out that some quot Windows could not boot properly quot giving me the option to 'Launch Startup Repair' - which I did but to no avail All it did was reported that some system files were missing or corrupt I then installed Ubuntu on a third drive because I still needed it to perform some benchmarking I did this using the 'install alongside windows ' option But now that I don't need Ubuntu anymore all I am interested in is getting back to Windows while keeping all the files and programs intact How should I go about fixing this Delete the logical partition on the other drive I also have that Windows installation CD and I'm thinking its repair options could be useful - but not having a whole lot of self-confidence I don't know what steps exactly to take to preserve my files Any help is greatly appreciated Edit I booted from the Windows installation disk just to see the options available and when selecting the 'Repair Windows' option I got a message saying quot this version of system recovery options is not compatible with the version of Windows you are trying to repair Try using a recovery disc that is compatible with this version of Windows quot The CD is definitely matching the version of windows I want to install but a problem might me that my Windows and the CD are the OEM versions which I've read can't be used to perform upgrades

A:Wanted to Dual Boot Win7 and Ubuntu - Windows Won't Boot Anymore

Hi I Am User,

Upon inserting the Windows installation disk you should be able to install a new Windows and be able to select Upgrade and it should create the Windows.old folder on the new Windows.

Cheers
Boris

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/387451-wanted-dual-boot-win7-ubuntu-windows-wont-boot-anymore.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi I have Toshiba Satellite A running Windows Home Premium -bit Original And am using truecrypt to encrypt the system it was working fine for few weeks my system was running fine untill i got BSOD with Error BAD POOL CALLER and upon reboot i ended up with a frozen boot screen with no access to the bios or any of the possible cant BSOD or bios After boot system the access i Win7 boot devices i couldn't go beyond the initial logo screen pressing F to go into the bios options did After Win7 BSOD i cant access bios or boot the system not work the only keys that worked were ctrl-alt-del to reboot the hardware which would again bring me back to the same screen i could not even open the cd player in order to try booting the truecrypt repair disk everything was frozen anyway after trying many things i find out that the problem was from the hdd and if i remove it i can access the bios and after searching forums i find that changing the 'sata mode' option in bios which was set to quot ahci quot to quot ide quot allowed the booting process to proceed beyond the sticking point until i finally got to my truecrypt password prompt now someone told me that i have to follow the steps in this link Error message when you start a Windows or Windows Vista-based computer after you change the SATA mode of the boot drive amp amp STOP x B INACCESSABLE BOOT DEVICE amp to be able to choose quot ahci quot again and boot normally but i wanted to know what caused the system to crash in first place and if its related to truecrypt so i get rid of it or its another software or driver i attached the required files mentioned in the Posting Instructions if someone could have a look at them and help me out thanks in advance for ur help

A:After Win7 BSOD i cant access bios or boot the system

It appears that truecrypt caused the crash. I don't use encryption software, so I can't recommend any solutions (other than getting rid of the encryption software).

Also, please remove or update these older drivers that were loaded at the time of the crash. Don't use Windows Update or the Update drivers function of Device Manager.
Please use the following instructions to locate the most currently available drivers to replace the one's that you uninstall OR remove:

Quote:
How To Find Drivers:
- I have listed links to most of the drivers in the code box below. Please use the links there to see what info I've found about those drivers.
- search Google for the name of the driver
- compare the Google results with what's installed on your system to figure out which device/program it belongs to
- visit the web site of the manufacturer of the hardware/program to get the latest drivers (DON'T use Windows Update or the Update driver function of Device Manager).
- if there are difficulties in locating them, post back with questions and someone will try and help you locate the appropriate program.

- - The most common drivers are listed on this page: Driver Reference
- - Driver manufacturer links are on this page: http://www.carrona.org/drvrdown.html

Here's the older drivers (You can look them up here: Driver Reference ).
Please pay particular attention to any dated 2008 or earlier:

Code:
klbg.sys Mon Dec 15 11:41:13 2008 - Kaspersky Lab Boot Guard Driver - http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#klbg.sys
lmimirr.sys Tue Apr 10 18:32:45 2007 - RemotelyAnywhere Mirror Miniport Driver or LogMeIn Mirror Miniport Driver - http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#lmimirr.sys
LMIRfsDriver.sys Mon Jul 14 12:26:56 2008 - RemotelyAnywhere Mirror Miniport Driver or LogMeIn Mirror Miniport Driver - http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#LMIRfsDriver.sys
RaInfo.sys Fri Jan 04 13:57:14 2008 - LogMeIn/RemotelyAnywhere Kernel Information Provider - http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#RaInfo.sys
teamviewervpn.sys Thu Dec 13 04:22:09 2007 - TeamViewerVPN Network Adapter - http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#teamviewervpn.sys
Please do this to rule out issues with Kaspersky:

Quote:
Anti-Virus Removal:
Please do the following:
- download a free antivirus for testing purposes: Free AntiVirus
- uninstall the Kaspersky from your system (you can reinstall it, if so desired, when we're done troubleshooting)
- remove any remnants of Kaspersky using this free tool: Removal tool for Kaspersky Lab products
- IMMEDIATELY install and update the free antivirus
- check to see if this fixes the BSOD's

BSOD BUGCHECK SUMMARY
Code:

Debug session time: Fri Sep 17 01:14:49.098 2010 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 3 days 1:58:15.690
BugCheck C2, {7, 1097, 4030005, fffffa8009719700}
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for truecrypt.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for truecrypt.sys
Probably caused by : truecrypt.sys ( truecrypt+7e9d )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0xc2_7_TCMM
PROCESS_NAME: TrueCrypt.exe

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/112096-after-win7-bsod-i-cant-access-bios-boot-system.html
Relevancy 51.6%

all transform and into Windows with a Windows or skin It's not just like how you could ignore some updates and be fine enforced telemetry and basically spying on all users is being enforced Screenshots I saw were not like the usual windows updates My main desktop has Linux Mint and Windows x Ultimate The last update I've made for Windows was in June I don't boot into it much anymore since my only main reason to keep x ultimate is for some gaming that somehow CrossOver a proprietary program made to emulate Windows applications that are complex like games much better than just updates... that that another on recently updates Read Win7/8.1 forum Wine and also there is Steam Read on another forum that Win7/8.1 updates that recently updates... on Linux But still there is some games that I play that only work well with win Should I disable updates Because from what I saw and believe me I've seen your stickied thread and will take a look at it but apparently resistance is futile now when people only receive one update which is a quot package quot when they are setup like me quot notify me of new updates let me update myself' that does not say much what it does but apparently creates deep changes to even the kernel of win Correct me if wrong and all hope is not lost

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/399984-read-another-forum-win7-8-1-updates-recently-updates.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Last week I formatted my hard drive and did a clean install of Win7.
Windows update found 99 updates, eventually these were all installed.
No progs were loaded at this time. More than half have failed; five pages full on a 22" monitor. Many are 'important'. jpeg shows about 1/5 of the failures.

I have uninstalled one and reinstalled and it worked, but it was slow. How can I force a large quantity of updates to reinstall?

Thank you!

A:Win7 32x, format & reload, win updates 60% failing (50+ updates)

Welcome to the Forum.

When doing that amount of Updates it is always better to do just a few at a time as there are some that need a reboot to finish installing properly, especially the .net ones.

If you could fill in your System Specs so the experts know just what machine you have it will make things a lot easier for them to help you with any problems, don't forget we can't see your machine so have no idea what you are using. There can often be differences between using a laptop to a desktop plus knowing what security software you use can help.

Again Welcome to the forum and I hope you can get the help you need.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/227393-win7-32x-format-reload-win-updates-60-failing-50-updates.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I built a new computer, got a new 2tb hdd and a new win7 license . It's installed.

In a few months, when I can afford it, I'll get a SSD and I would want to change my windows installation there and keep the hdd for data storage only.

How do you do this with Win7 and the activation process? How do I migrate my license?
Can I inactivate my license, install in new hdd, and reactivate in the new SSD? How?

thanks

A:how to reinstall win7 from HDD to SSD without losing activation key

Quote:

I built a new computer, got a new 2tb hdd and a new Windows 7 license

Changing HDD or re-installing Windows won't void your license. You can either perform a clean install or a migration.

Clean install:

Simply install Windows to the SSD, activate it and then format the old HDD. You will also need to re-install all applications and all updates.

Migration :

You can use the trial version of "Paragon Backup and Recovery Home" to migrate the installed OS to SSD. All the installed apps and activation will be preserved.

Solved How to Migrate OS to new Hard disk.

Above example is originally written for "8" but the same applies to "7".
Whether you prefer a clean install or migration, make sure not to run any kind of disk defragmentation programs. Doing so will affect both performance and durability of a SSD. Also install the latest "Chipset" driver to improve SSD compatibility.

AMD Chipset Drivers

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/337794-how-reinstall-win7-hdd-ssd-without-losing-activation-key.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello,

I have a laptop with nVidia GeForce 8400M GS on it, and I'm running Windows 7 with the 258.96 video driver.

My system is working great and I have vSync in both Desktop and Games, but when I overclock my Graphic Card and run a Game or any 3D Application, I lose vSync after reboot, and the only way I found to get it back is by reinstalling the nVidia Driver...

If someone have any idea about this problem, I will be very glad to hear it..

Notes:
- In nVidia control panel / 3D Application settings: I have vSync (Force ON).
- I haven't this problem in Vista and XP.
- I had this problem even with New/Old Drivers.
- I'm overclocking with an nVidia Utility and my overclock frequencies are working great in Vista/XP.

Thanks in advance
And sorry for my bad english.

A:Losing vSync after running 3D App. in Win7

Hello there, xZinou.

There's a couple of things you can try:

1) don't overclock a laptop's video card, and specially a 8400M GS.
2) install latest drivers for your card (260.99)
3) don't force vsync on on the control panel, unless you're experience screen flickers, if you don't, then manage vsync individually on the application/game/program you're using.

Try those and report back, please

EDIT: after you uninstall your current drivers, please run Driver Sweeper to delete leftovers from the previous installation, that will decrease the possibility of having an issue when installing newer drivers!

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/132707-losing-vsync-after-running-3d-app-win7.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Okay, so here's the deal.

I have been using the Windows 7 RC Build 7100.

Today I got a message saying my OS would expire in 14 days and that i needed to upgrade.

I know the only way to upgrade is to clean install.

I was wondering if there was any way for me to retain my files without backing up.

Possibly by partitioning my drive and installing on the blank partition? Then could i read my data/installs from the other partition?

I also have a 500 gig drive that i do not use.

I could use that as well.

Advanced Thanks,

John

A:Upgrade Win7 without losing files?

You've waited a little late in the game, but anyhow...What should I do if I'm running the Release Candidate (RC) version of Windows 7?If you want, you could potentially create another partition, and copy your data (documents, music, photos, etc.) to this new partition (you will have to reinstall all your programs, you can't save them as is). Then, after a clean install of whatever operating system you choose (you didn't say, so I can only assume that you will buy the full Windows 7), you can simply copy the files back. Just be careful during the clean installation to not mess with your new data partition.I personally would go with an external source of backup (external hard drive, etc.), but it is possible to do it with the same drive by just copying your data to a separate partition, then copying back after the install.Does that make sense?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/296165/upgrade-win7-without-losing-files/
Relevancy 51.6%

I have a new hp pavilion laptop with Win pre-installed with no cd for windows I was advised to make a set of recovery disks first thing before changing anything else in windows settings which I did Then I partitioned my HD GB into additional logical drives in addition to the main C windows drive and another pre-created Recovery drive I store all my data media on those additional logical drives leaving C mainly for windows only and everything working fine so far I need to know whenever I need to re-install windows if any problems arise how to do that without deleting my data on the logical drives i losing data? Installing without win7 would only need to format C and re-install windows on it will that be possible with the recovery disks I used to do that with my previous PC using windows XP without the need to backup all my data on the other drives every time I do a re-install is that possible with windows Need your opinions

A:Installing win7 without losing data?

If you want to use the Recovery Partition to reinstsall, which also reinstalls all the corrupting bloatware, then it MIGHT give you the option to reinstall only to the C: drive. If not, you'll need to back up your data - which you should do anyway at all times.

You can test the recovery to see if it allows you to reinstall just to C: Just cancel out after you see.

Most tech enthusiasts find a copy of the OS in their version so they can clean reinstall without bloatware. Until then you need to make a repair CD in case Windows won't boot, so you can repair it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/58120-installing-win7-without-losing-data.html
Relevancy 51.17%

so, there was a problem with the bootup, and i popped in the windows 7 installation DVD, and repaired it(via system repair). all went well, i was able to get into windows. the "select which os to boot from" message popped up, so i disabled that and chose the wrong OS to be the default, the corrupted one [which is called "windows 7 home premium (recovered)]. i also, foolishly, set the timer to 0, so i can't even choose the "other" windows 7 os, the one that is not corrupt. also, bcedit does not work in DOS prompt. how can i get the default OS boot menu before bootup, again? thanks in advance

A:Need to select the default Windows 7 OS at boot, cannot boot into win7

Boot tapping F8 multiple times, let's say every half second. Do you see bootmenu? If so select to write OS! If succeeded in win7 run msconfig. There you can delete the old "corrupt" OS from the list and set the timeout to 10 seconds for example

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/240918-need-select-default-windows-7-os-boot-cannot-boot-into-win7.html
Relevancy 51.17%

i don't know much about computers so i appreciate you guys' help I will try to make this quick and painless since i've been sitting here trying to fix this for hours now While auto-updating my laptop froze i let it sit for at least a half hour without change so did a hard reboot everything went downhill from there i cannot boot it in normal mode without it crashing with most often the attached jpeg bsod just boot Broken Update; cannot bsod win7 without mode immediate normal in a few days before the update my friend went through my whole computer and defragmented sorted anti-virused Broken Update; cannot boot win7 in normal mode without immediate bsod and basically made everything smooth and pretty So it's not a virus or bug- it's something with the update being interrupted From here on out all my troubleshooting has been in safe mode with networking in the F menu I Broken Update; cannot boot win7 in normal mode without immediate bsod have attempted to restore Broken Update; cannot boot win7 in normal mode without immediate bsod to last known successful thingy and it worked at first with limited network access but has not worked since getting the same bsod i tried the chk thingy twice and both times it ran slow at first then sped through a bunch of text and disappeared i tried the fix it thingy on microsoft's site but it doesn't like me in safe mode i also tried their troubleshooting thingy which basically said 'yeah there's something wrong with your update and we can't fix it' sigh I have in fact read so many bsod-related and win update-related threads replies before posting this one that i cannot recall everything i have tried needless to say i haven't seen a post with a solution so if it's an 'easy' or relatively simple repair process i have most likely tried it already I really don't wanna ghost it or return my beloved laptop to factory settings The suggestions i've gotten so far that i've been hesitant to try include the memtest imaging it i'd like to resolve this some other way if possible i also attached the requested zip file thank you for your time

A:Broken Update; cannot boot win7 in normal mode without immediate bsod

here are the attachments again just in case.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/284876-broken-update-cannot-boot-win7-normal-mode-without-immediate-bsod.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Laptop froze during Web browsing, specifically YouTube
On reboot, stalls on windows 7 boot animation
When trying to boot into safemode, BSOD: BAD_POOL_HEADER

A:Stall on win7 boot, BSOD booting Safemode: BAD_POOL_HEADER

Hi there...
We do need the DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.

You may be able to get the DMP files without crashing by booting into safe mode (F8) with networking.

To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.

The procedure:

Quote:
* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
*If the files are too large please upload them to a file sharing service like "Rapidshare" and put a link to them in your reply.

To ensure minidumps are enabled:

Quote:
* Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
* Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
* Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
* Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
* Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
* OK your way out.
* Reboot if changes have been made.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/202493-stall-win7-boot-bsod-booting-safemode-bad_pool_header.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello everyone Long story short I upgraded to win from win Something happened to my win so safe can bootup normal into mode but boot bsod on (win7) it reverted back to win and now when it starts up it bsod But at bsod on normal bootup (win7) but can boot into safe mode least i can boot into safe mode chkdsk and mem check are all good Although I cannot run the startup repair it wont even show as an option after I hit F Is there a way I can fix and run the startup repair or better any way to just directly fix booting back into my win desktop normally Well anywho when I run bcdedit enum all it shows Microsoft Windows Version Copyright copy Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users Berlin gt bcdedit enum all Windows Boot Manager -------------------- identifier bootmgr device partition Device HarddiskVolume path bootmgr description Windows Boot Manager locale en-US inherit globalsettings default current resumeobject deca -d ce- df-beb - a displayorder current toolsdisplayorder memdiag timeout Windows Boot Loader ------------------- identifier c e c -dc - e - -d e c device ramdisk C Recovery deca -d ce- df-beb - a Winre wim c e c -dc - e - -d e c path windows system winload exe description Windows Recovery Environment recovered locale osdevice ramdisk C Recovery deca -d ce- df-beb - a Winre wim c e c -dc - e - -d e c systemroot windows winpe Yes Windows Boot Loader ------------------- identifier current device partition C path Windows system winload exe description Windows locale en-US inherit bootloadersettings osdevice partition C systemroot Windows resumeobject deca -d ce- df-beb - a nx OptIn Resume from Hibernate --------------------- identifier deca -d ce- df-beb - a device partition C path Windows system winresume exe description Windows Resume Application locale en-US inherit resumeloadersettings filedevice partition C filepath hiberfil sys debugoptionenabled No Windows Memory Tester --------------------- identifier memdiag device partition Device HarddiskVolume path boot memtest exe description Windows Memory Diagnostic locale en-US inherit globalsettings badmemoryaccess Yes EMS Settings ------------ identifier emssettings bootems Yes Debugger Settings ----------------- identifier dbgsettings debugtype Serial debugport baudrate RAM Defects ----------- identifier badmemory Global Settings --------------- identifier globalsettings inherit dbgsettings emssettings badmemory Boot Loader Settings -------------------- identifier bootloadersettings inherit globalsettings hypervisorsettings Hypervisor Settings ------------------- identifier hypervisorsettings hypervisordebugtype Serial hypervisordebugport hypervisorbaudrate Resume Loader Settings ---------------------- identifier resumeloadersettings inherit globalsettings Device options -------------- identifier c e c -dc - e - -d e c ramdisksdidevice partition C ramdisksdipath Recovery deca -d ce- df-beb - a boot sdi Also in my recovery folder it shows the folder of deca -d ce- df-beb - a with both boot sdi and winre wim Also my winload exe seems to be in the system folder as well Sorry I'm not as tech savvy im quite noob lol and just want to provide as much info as I can Just really trying to get my PC to work again If anyone can help I would appreciate it so much Thank you all P S Here is also the bsod info BCCode if its necessary Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode e BCP FFFFFFFF BCP FFFFF FD D BCP FFFFF A BCP FFFFF A CD OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users Berlin AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/606478/bsod-on-normal-bootup-win7-but-can-boot-into-safe-mode/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello WinXP BSOD and in after boot RAM in HDDupgrade dual machine and Win7 I have a BSOD in Win7 and WinXP in dual boot machine after RAM and HDDupgrade dell inspiron whose RAM and and disk space were BSOD in Win7 and WinXP in dual boot machine after RAM and HDDupgrade upgraded recently The HDD was added as secondary In one HDD I run win and the other winXP When I did the WINXP install I realized I was getting some blue screens when using windows especially after the system's been in standby mode and then used so I thought this had to do with the new RAM modules So I ran memtest but it didn't find anything I ran the Dell general system test and I found nothing and today I ran the windows memory diagnostic tool and it says there are no problems with my computer's RAM MEM I don't know what this computer has got itself into now The BOSD began since the hardware upgrade I'd appreciate any ideas and I am attaching the requested info you guys explained in one post I attached all the memdump files and the system reports Thanks Looking forward to your reply Specs Intel Centrino Duo gb modules kingston DDR mhz GB Fujitsu drive RPM GB Hitachi drive RPM Creative HiFi external soundcard Geforce GT internal Windows ultimate The whole machine is years old now

A:BSOD in Win7 and WinXP in dual boot machine after RAM and HDDupgrade

Quote: Originally Posted by alejohome

Hello!

I have a dell inspiron 1720 whose RAM and and disk space were upgraded recently. The HDD was added as secondary. In one HDD I run win 7 and the other winXP. When I did the WINXP install, I realized I was getting some blue screens when using windows, especially after the system's been in standby mode and then used, so I thought this had to do with the new RAM modules. So I ran memtest but it didn't find anything. I ran the Dell general system test and I found nothing, and today I ran the windows 7 memory diagnostic tool and it says there are no problems with my computer's RAM MEM.

I don't know what this computer has got itself into now. The BOSD began since the hardware upgrade. I'd appreciate any ideas, and I am attaching the requested info you guys explained in one post. I attached all the memdump files and the system reports.

Thanks! Looking forward to your reply

Specs:
Intel Centrino Duo 2.0
4gb (2 modules) kingston DDR2 667 mhz
250GB Fujitsu drive @ 5400 RPM
160GB Hitachi drive @ 7200 RPM
Creative HiFi external soundcard
Geforce 8600 GT (internal)
Windows 7 ultimate
The whole machine is 4 years old now

Simple!!

Your 5 year old Norton. I would remove and replace with Microsoft Security Essentials

http://us.norton.com/support/kb/web_...080710133834EN

Virus, Spyware & Malware Protection | Microsoft Security Essentials

Literally half of the OS needs updating.

These are all from before win 7 was released

Code:
PxHelp20.sys 7/24/2006 8:18:21 PM 0x84226000 0x8422eb40 0x00008b40 0x44c5634d
SPBBCDrv.sys 10/6/2006 5:01:22 PM 0x9c65a000 0x9c6c0000 0x00066000 0x4526c422
SYMREDRV.SYS 10/23/2006 8:29:54 PM 0xacc00000 0xacc05080 0x00005080 0x453d5e82 SYMANTEC
rixdptsk.sys 11/14/2006 9:35:19 PM 0x9e8c1000 0x9e912000 0x00051000 0x455a6ed7
rimsptsk.sys 11/14/2006 11:42:45 PM 0x9e8ad000 0x9e8c1000 0x00014000 0x455a8cb5
rimmptsk.sys 11/15/2006 4:16:23 AM 0x9e89f000 0x9e8ad000 0x0000e000 0x455accd7
bcm4sbxp.sys 11/21/2006 8:25:43 AM 0x9e848000 0x9e859000 0x00011000 0x4562f047
NETw4v32.sys 2/25/2007 10:13:57 AM 0x9e621000 0x9e848000 0x00227000 0x45e199a5
OEM02Vfx.sys 3/5/2007 6:45:03 AM 0x8f64f000 0x8f650d00 0x00001d00 0x45ebf4af
t3.sys 3/29/2007 4:29:42 AM 0xa2100000 0xa2167000 0x00067000 0x460b78f6
OEM02Dev.sys 10/10/2007 10:29:05 PM 0x8f615000 0x8f64e880 0x00039880 0x470d8a71
teamviewervpn.sys 11/29/2007 4:27:19 AM 0x9e617000 0x9e61d200 0x00006200 0x474e77e7
dfmirage.sys 1/11/2008 5:03:51 PM 0x9e964000 0x9e96ab00 0x00006b00 0x4787d9b7
VSTCNXT3.SYS 10/15/2008 8:29:13 PM 0xa112b000 0xa11e0000 0x000b5000 0x48f68ad9
VSTAZL3.SYS 10/15/2008 8:30:03 PM 0xa20c3000 0xa2100000 0x0003d000 0x48f68b0b
VSTDPV3.SYS 10/15/2008 8:32:04 PM 0xa1029000 0xa112b000 0x00102000 0x48f68b84
How To Find Drivers:

Quote:
- search Google for the name of the driver
- compare the Google results with what's installed on your system to figure out which device/program it belongs to
- visit the web site of the manufacturer of the hardware/program to get the latest drivers (DON'T use Windows Update or the Update driver function of Device Manager).
- if there are difficulties in locating them, post back with questions and someone will try and help you locate the appropriate program.

- - Th... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/189805-bsod-win7-winxp-dual-boot-machine-after-ram-hddupgrade.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I recently clean-installed Win 7 Pro 64, followed by Ubuntu 14.10, both on an SSD(EFI) and set up for dual-boot. Win User files are relocated to d: drive (a Highpoint RocketRAID5 drive.)

Windows seems to work fine, except when I sleep or hibernate it. Sleep initiates correctly, but on reawakening, it allows login then BSODs. Hibernate works about the same.

A:BSOD on sleep and hibernate, Dual boot Win7 & Ubuntu 14

Multiple bugcheck codes are pointing the same thing. RocketRAID 640 SATA Controller.

Code:
BugCheck 50, {fffff880039ec0a8, 1, fffff880010829f9, 0}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for rr64x.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for rr64x.sys

Could not read faulting driver name
Probably caused by : rr64x.sys ( rr64x+179f9 )

---------

Code:
BugCheck 1000007E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff8800110ecae, fffff880035dffb8, fffff880035df810}

Probably caused by : rr64x.sys ( rr64x+1cae )

---------
And it is sort of old.

Code:
Image name: rr64x.sys
Timestamp: Thu Jun 07 12:49:37 2012 (4FD05609)
First search for any possible updates. If you dont find any feasible update, better you disable RAID.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/352122-bsod-sleep-hibernate-dual-boot-win7-ubuntu-14-a.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi everyone not sure if this should be in the BSOD section boot x64 hangs amdkmdfd.sys) driver (last or lags/BSOD on Win7 or here But my PC started acting up a Win7 x64 hangs on boot (last driver amdkmdfd.sys) or lags/BSOD few days ago lagging like hell and freezing shortly after boot I had Win7 x64 hangs on boot (last driver amdkmdfd.sys) or lags/BSOD some occasional BSODs also - but I seldom get to that point before it hangs I have tried the Windows Repair several times to no avail Often that hangs too I used Acronis True Image to restore an old system image from Dec that has been running fine This didn't help Since the problem has only been there for less than a week I'm guessing that rules out software problems The only hardware change I did was to plug in a cabled USB mouse a few days before This has been removed again before rolling back the system image But if it was a USB driver problem the system image roll-back should have ruled that out too I have done the trick with unplugging EVERYTHING including power cord from the PC and holding down the power button for a long time to quot drain quot any kind of quot weird voltage quot from it Also I have the original XP installation still available as well This had not been booted for a couple of months and also gave problems when starting Some lagging and some BSOD It varies a lot whether I can boot Win at all Ususally it hangs when I just start it normally When I start it in safe mode it stops at windows drivers amdkmdfd sys NOTE THAT THIS FILE DOES NOT SEEM TO EXIST I've seen other threads suggesting to rename it - but that's not possible then My graphics adapter is NVIDIA GeForce one of the cheap ones in the or series so it wouldn't make sense anyway to load an AMD driver I guess It's an old Medion PC from with MSI mobo I think and Intel CPU Upgraded to GB RAM and the graphics adapter is also less than a year old Sometimes it just hangs there forever - other times it moves on after - minutes and boots into safe mode But it quicly starts to lag and behave weird in there So I don't have much time to do any tests For example when typing in the browser URL field it sometimes seems like the strokes are not captured UNTIL I move the mouse Then the characters appear A few times I have managed to boot into safe mode with command prompt and that seemed to go fine without hanging My best guess from the erratic freezing and weird screen behaviour is that it would have to do with the graphics adapter Other threads ahve mentioned messed up graphics driver files But that doesn't make full sense when it fails on Win and XP simultaneously and also on a rolled-back Win image that have worked fine for at least a month Any takes on what I can do to diagnose further I've seen some tools mentioned to check graphics adapter Can it they be run from command prompt That seems to be the best bet for me to have time enough to perform tests before the system hangs Because of the erraticness I have not been able to use the tool to upload detailed system info Please ask if there are more details I should find out somehow It is my only PC and I hope it will last me a bit still with the upgrades I have made But it sure doesn't look too promising at the moment

A:Win7 x64 hangs on boot (last driver amdkmdfd.sys) or lags/BSOD

Oh, and I have also done full CHKDSK on the systemdrive without finding any issues.

There were a couple of power outages in the days upto the trouble. So I of course checked for this.

Those power outages are the only unusual things happening in the near past. That's also why I did the "power drainage" drill with all cords removed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/360167-win7-x64-hangs-boot-last-driver-amdkmdfd-sys-lags-bsod.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi everyone not boot (last amdkmdfd.sys) or x64 on driver lags/BSOD hangs Win7 sure if this should be in the BSOD section or here But my PC started acting up a few days ago lagging like hell and freezing shortly Win7 x64 hangs on boot (last driver amdkmdfd.sys) or lags/BSOD after boot I had some occasional BSODs also - but I seldom get to that Win7 x64 hangs on boot (last driver amdkmdfd.sys) or lags/BSOD point before it hangs I have tried the Windows Repair several times to no avail Often that hangs too I used Acronis True Image to restore an old system image from Dec that has been running fine This didn't help Since Win7 x64 hangs on boot (last driver amdkmdfd.sys) or lags/BSOD the problem has only been there for less than a week I'm guessing that rules out software problems The only hardware change I did was to plug in a cabled USB mouse a few days before This has been removed again before rolling back the system image But if it was a USB driver problem the system image roll-back should have ruled that out too I have done the trick with unplugging EVERYTHING including power cord from the PC and holding down the power button for a long time to quot drain quot any kind of quot weird voltage quot from it Also I have the original XP installation still available as well This had not been booted for a couple of months and also gave problems when starting Some lagging and some BSOD It varies a lot whether I can boot Win at all Ususally it hangs when I just start it normally When I start it in safe mode it stops at windows drivers amdkmdfd sys NOTE THAT THIS FILE DOES NOT SEEM TO EXIST I've seen other threads suggesting to rename it - but that's not possible then My graphics adapter is NVIDIA GeForce one of the cheap ones in the or series so it wouldn't make sense anyway to load an AMD driver I guess It's an old Medion PC from with MSI mobo I think and Intel CPU Upgraded to GB RAM and the graphics adapter is also less than a year old Sometimes it just hangs there forever - other times it moves on after - minutes and boots into safe mode But it quicly starts to lag and behave weird in there So I don't have much time to do any tests For example when typing in the browser URL field it sometimes seems like the strokes are not captured UNTIL I move the mouse Then the characters appear A few times I have managed to boot into safe mode with command prompt and that seemed to go fine without hanging My best guess from the erratic freezing and weird screen behaviour is that it would have to do with the graphics adapter Other threads ahve mentioned messed up graphics driver files But that doesn't make full sense when it fails on Win and XP simultaneously and also on a rolled-back Win image that have worked fine for at least a month Any takes on what I can do to diagnose further I've seen some tools mentioned to check graphics adapter Can it they be run from command prompt That seems to be the best bet for me to have time enough to perform tests before the system hangs Because of the erraticness I have not been able to specify detailed system info quickly easily Please ask if there are more details I should find out somehow It is my only PC and I hope it will last me a bit still with the upgrades I have made But it sure doesn't look too promising at the moment

A:Win7 x64 hangs on boot (last driver amdkmdfd.sys) or lags/BSOD

I have done CHKDSK as well, by the way. It found no issues.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/win7-x64-hangs-on-boot-last-driver-amdkmdfd-sys-or-lags-bsod-954809.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello I am having an issue with booting up my custom built won't after power BSOD outage, boot desktop but first I'll give a chain of events to help you better understand the situation I was surfing the web when a power outage hit for about seconds or so Everything is plugged into a surge strip built for a computer When the power came back on I waited for a bit then powered it up The post logo and whatnot BSOD after power outage, won't boot appeared as usual and prompted the unexpected shutdown screen I selected normal startup It went to the win startup with the quot fireflies quot but right when the fireflies showed up it freezed for a quarter second and blue screened then auto restarted Ran startup repair after the reboot and it said it could not repair the computer automatically article in the next post Did a memory diagnostic no problems Tried to boot in safe mode same BSOD the safe mode stopping at a certain file immediately before blue screening as shown in article below Then tried a restore point tried different restore points and none of them worked giving an error code shown in article I stopped the auto reset to catch the blue screen code and it is article below I wanted to see if anyone had any insight to my situation I can reformat and start fresh but want to see if there is a better way A surge strip should protect against a power outage right Never had a problem on a force shut down before If anyone can help me figure out how to get my machine starting again I would be eternally grateful Sincerely Brian p s boot is to the SSD where the OS is located in the system specs below

A:BSOD after power outage, won't boot

Article 1: attached

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/331592-bsod-after-power-outage-wont-boot.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Woke up this morning and turned on the machine, right after getting to the desktop the power at my place momentarily dropped and my pc rebooted. Now it get to a screen saying normal startup or startup repair options to select. I'm running x64 ult in a UEFI RAID 0 setup on two ssds. I dont have the same disk for my current os load but I did find one from a couple years ago but I'm not sure how to go about this repair. Tried sfc /scannow but it just says incompatible partition. Do I need to boot up with the UEFI cdrom?

I tried doing the UEFI cdrom but it says "this version of system recovery options is not compatible with the version of Windows you're trying to repair"

A:PC won't boot without BSOD after power outage.

We see nothing but problems with RAID here since Win7 release, then with UEFI it complicates it even more.

You do have SP1 installed correct? If so then try the latest Win7 installer provided in Steps 1 with tool to burn or write to disk or flash stick in Step 2 of Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7.

Report back results of running Startup Repair. It should offer to automate System Restore but if not run it manually from System Recovery Options.

I'd also consider reinstalling to a single HD following the steps in tutorial above to assure a perfect install, with added steps here for UEFI (Unified Extensible Firmware Interface) - Install Windows 7 with - Windows 7 Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/310424-pc-wont-boot-without-bsod-after-power-outage.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Yeah my PC is seriously screwed up now. Tried using my windows disc to repair it. It just gets errors on whatever I try to use. (System restore etc). I found a crash dump and used of the repair tools to analyze it and it said the CI.DLL was bad (code integrity something I think) I also get non_paged_pool bsods or something like that amongst many others. Here is a picture of one.

Relevancy 51.17%

Problems started earlier in the month when updating my NVidia drivers. Computer worked for the last few weeks but would get random display errors. I attempted to revert to previous drivers however it did not fix the problem. 2 days ago, computer started crashing and will now only boot in safemode. I attempted a restore prior to the NVidia install, but the restore point was not available for that time period.

I've also uninstalled/reinstalled the video card and windows automatically installs the drivers.

I uploaded the zip file per instructions.

Thanks in advance,
Joe

A:BSOD after nvidia driver updates - computer will only boot in safemode

Boot in safe mode and Install the NVIDIA DRIVERS 314.22WHQL only as described.
Uninstall All nvidia items in Control Panel > Programs and features3D Vision Control Driver
3D Vision Driver
Graphics Driver
HD Audio Driver
PhysX
nvidia Update
(Are you using nvidia chipset drivers? If so, dont uninstall anything other than those are listed).
Now follow Drivers - Clean Left over Files after Uninstalling
Boot normally now. Download 314.22 WHQL. While installing, Select Custom (Advanced) install. In the next page, follow this settings:
Does it do any better? Let us know.

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck A, {10, 2, 1, fffff80002ec9f1f}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+e08fc )

---------

0: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (a)
An attempt was made to access a pageable (or completely invalid) address at an
interrupt request level (IRQL) that is too high. This is usually
caused by drivers using improper addresses.
If a kernel debugger is available get the stack backtrace.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000010, memory referenced
Arg2: 0000000000000002, IRQL
Arg3: 0000000000000001, bitfield :
bit 0 : value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation
bit 3 : value 0 = not an execute operation, 1 = execute operation (only on chips which support this level of status)
Arg4: fffff80002ec9f1f, address which referenced memory

Debugging Details:
------------------
WRITE_ADDRESS: GetPointerFromAddress: unable to read from fffff800030f8100
GetUlongFromAddress: unable to read from fffff800030f81c0
0000000000000010 Nonpaged pool

CURRENT_IRQL: 2

FAULTING_IP:
nt!KeAcquireInStackQueuedSpinLock+5f
fffff800`02ec9f1f 488717 xchg rdx,qword ptr [rdi]

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN7_DRIVER_FAULT

BUGCHECK_STR: 0xA

TAG_NOT_DEFINED_c000000f: FFFFF80000BA2FB0

TRAP_FRAME: fffff80000ba23c0 -- (.trap 0xfffff80000ba23c0)
NOTE: The trap frame does not contain all registers.
Some register values may be zeroed or incorrect.
rax=0000000000000002 rbx=0000000000000000 rcx=0000000000000000
rdx=fffff80000ba2630 rsi=0000000000000000 rdi=0000000000000000
rip=fffff80002ec9f1f rsp=fffff80000ba2550 rbp=fffffa800ebdc000
r8=fffff80000ba2630 r9=0000000000000000 r10=0000000000000000
r11=0000000000000000 r12=0000000000000000 r13=0000000000000000
r14=0000000000000000 r15=0000000000000000
iopl=0 nv up ei pl nz na po nc
nt!KeAcquireInStackQueuedSpinLock+0x5f:
fffff800`02ec9f1f 488717 xchg rdx,qword ptr [rdi] ds:00000000`00000000=????????????????
Resetting default scope

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from fffff80002ec0169 to fffff80002ec0bc0

STACK_TEXT:
fffff800`00ba2278 fffff800`02ec0169 : 00000000`0000000a 00000000`00000010 00000000`00000002 00000000`00000001 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff800`00ba2280 fffff800`02ebede0 : fffff800`00ba24f0 00000000`00000004 fffff800`00ba24f8 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiBugCheckDispatch+0x69
fffff800`00ba23c0 fffff800`02ec9f1f : fffff880`04a485d5 00000000`000007ff... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/310434-bsod-after-nvidia-driver-updates-computer-will-only-boot-safemode.html
Relevancy 51.17%

HELP! While shutting down the computer, there was an option to install windows updates before shutting down and i clicked it. i switched off my monitor to let it install and shut down itself but my dad unplgged the monitor for some reason and i turned off the power accidently forgetting that the updates were being installed!

Now when i switch on the computer, it takes me to the startup options page and no matter which option i select, it ends up in a blue screen saying that a driver is attempting to write on a read-only memory. The updates may be installed incompletely so is there a way to delete the updates? HELP.

A:Accidently turned off power while installing windows updates.

Hi MrAtiF and welcome to Vista Forums

The reason why you are having problems is because some updates overwrite and patch system files. When this happens, you need to take particular heed about the warning not to turn off your machine whilst the updates are configured/installed. Should power be removed, then some of these files will be incomplete and in an uncertain state.

Have a look at this Tutorial: Advanced Boot Options

Try Last Known Good Configuration (advanced). If that doesn't work, try these options in order:
System Restore - How to
Startup Repair
Repair Install For Vista

If none of these work, or you can't even access them, then you might need to do a clean installation:
Clean Install From Upgrade Vista
Clean Install with a Full Version of Vista

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/269710-accidently-turned-off-power-while-installing-windows-updates.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Here's my setup:
C: - 512GB SSD with OS/Apps
F: - 1TB Data/Misc drive
Z: - (2) 3TB WD RED's in a Windows Mirror

I've filled up my 3Tb setup with photos/videos (I'm a photographer) and have 2 new 5TB drives that I want to go in place of the 3TB drives. And I apologize in advance, but that's my ONLY copy of those 92K photos! I'm working on fixing that poor choice

I have "Break Mirrored Volume" and "Remove Mirror" as choices via Disk Management. My goal is to have 2 drives with duplicate info right now so I can take them out, put in the 5TB's and mirror them, then copy the data back over, then use the 3TB's as an off-site backup.

Which option is going to leave me with 2 functioning and intact drives, or is there a better way in general?

A:How to break Win7 mirror without losing data?

Or I'm wondering if I should buy 2-3 more drives and build a FreeNAS box and put both of these PC's on a gigabit switch... ?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/how-to-break-win7-mirror-without-losing-data-962473.html
Relevancy 51.17%

I've been using an install of Win7 home prem for 7 months. About every month a feature fails.

This month the 'details view' in windows explorer randomly changes to big non-discript icons. It undoes the general purpose and apply to subfolders on some, seemingly the most used folders.
This is really annoying. anyway to regedit this permanently for all?

asus m4a78lt-m le, 3.2ghz x4

A:[SOLVED] losing details view Win7

Press the Alt Key then click View and select the view you wish (Details etc)
if that is not available, go to Start/Search and type CMD right click the CMD icon in the search results and Run As Administrator. In the Elevated Command Prompt type SFC /scannow and press enter. This will replace any missing system files.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-losing-details-view-win7-649569.html
Relevancy 51.17%

when watching videos or surfing the net i keep losing my internet connection and windows can fix the problem by resetting my local area connection. worked fine on win vista. router is a wrt160 hardwired to my comp. i have disabled ipv6. all new firmware. thanks

A:Win7 keeps losing my local area connection

Quote: Originally Posted by Nemesis108

when watching videos or surfing the net i keep losing my internet connection and windows can fix the problem by resetting my local area connection. worked fine on win vista. router is a wrt1100 hardwired to my comp. i have disabled ipv6. all new firmware. thanks

I see no reason to disable IPv6, it has never bothered my setup.
Have your checked to find all your adapters, under system, open ea one and make sure the "All this device to turnoff to save power" IS NOT CHECKED.

Some systems have a many adapters as 3... make sure every adapter is set the same. "NOT TO ALLOW DEVICES TO TURNOFF TO SAVE POWER."

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/28316-win7-keeps-losing-my-local-area-connection.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I'm hoping someone can help me diagnose what I'm pretty sure is a hardware issue, and maybe give me some estimates of repair costs. I have a hand-me-down Dell laptop that is running Windows XP and is relatively new. P III 700Mhz. When first power up, it appears to run fine, but after 10-30 minutes, it shuts down and becomes completely unrepsonsive. At first I thought it was a power cord issue, but even when the battery shows a 97% charge, the machine still unexpextedly shuts down. In addition, after time without use, it always seems to boot up properly. I figure it must be the power chord, the fan, the port for the power chord, or some combination of the three. Anyone have any way to figure out which, and/or cost estimates for replacement parts?

Relevancy 50.74%

I have an Abit KT7-RAID motherboard and an external Alcatel modem for my dsl line. After being on the internet a few hours, the USB port suddenly loses power and, to get it working again, I have to completely reboot. This is frustrating when in the middle of work or talking with someone. Please help!

A:USB losing power

To rule it out I would try a different cable from pc to modem. A bad connection/wire could appear to make the power disappear.
Some microsoft usb mice exhibit this due to a bad wire or connection internally

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/usb-losing-power.59022/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello everybody and thanks for the help.

I'm having problems with the usb ports in my pc.
The wireless mouse and keyboard are losing range , i use to used it like 8 feet away from the receiver but now i have to be really close to it.
it only works when you are like 2 feet or less from the receiver , i tried in all the usb port in the pc , tried new batteries and another wireless mouse and keyboard and the result is the same.
thanks

Erick

MOBO-Asus P5N-D
RAM-(3) 2gb Crucial balistix DDR 2
SSD-OCZ-AGIL ITY2 SCSI Disk Device (55.9GB)
VIDEO CARD- NVIDIA GeForce superoveclock GTX 460 1280 gb ddr5
OS-WIN 7 ULtimate 64
PSU ATX-ULTRA 1000W

A:USB losing power?

Can you post a snip of your device manager with USB expanded?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/121179-usb-losing-power.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Each morning when I turn on my PC and try to start logging on my PC shuts down. I power it back up and it may or may not stay on! It does this only twice and then allows the logon. I may get a screen telling me that the logon has failed and it will be repaired automatically, but it hasn't been repaired at this point. This only happens the first time I turn on the PC each day.

A:Losing power!

Sounds like a dying/faulty battery. Can you please list system specs?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f56/losing-power-604469.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi,

For a while now I have been experiencing a strange problem. My laptop keeps changing the Windows Updates without my consent. I know this has been raised in the past but my problem is slightly different.

I prefer to choose "Check for updates but let me choose whether to download or install them", however periodically the settings change without my consent to "Never check for updates".

This is very frustrating as I am constantly having to keep an eye on this, and change the settings back to what they were in order to receive critical updates, or indeed any other update.

The laptop was bought new just under 12 months ago and came with Win7 Home Premium 64Bit pre-installed.

Has anyone else experienced this, or can anyone advise on a fix?

Many thanks for any help offered.

Regards

Paul

A:Win7 Updates changes settings to Never Check for Updates

First off IMHO constantly doing updates isn't always the best thing to do. MS is not infallible and sometimes puts out updates that cause problems.

If your system is running fine why bother doing updates all the time.

If you want all the updates then set it to check, download and install Auto. then you don't have to worry about it at all.

If the problem continues, the setting being changed to Never Check then more then likely you have some malware, of some type, on your system. Windows does not do that by itself. If anything it would change it to Always check, DL and install Auto, not the other way.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/257436-win7-updates-changes-settings-never-check-updates.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I am using a Dell Dimension DIM 4550 with a Pentium4, 2.4GHz, 2.39 GHz 768 RAM running Windows XP Home 2002 Service Pack 3.

I connect to the internet using Netgear RangeMax Wireless N Gigabit router WNR3500 and Netgear RangeMax Dual Band Wireless-N USB 2.0 Adapter WNDA3100

I have not been able to update Windows for over one year because whenever I install Windows updates from the last year or so, after it is installled I cannot get a wireless connection between my router and computer. The computer indicates there is no network in range and I have no network connection. If I do a system restore to a point before the updates were installed I can connect fine. I have the auto update disabled but wonder if there is any way to correct this problem so I can install updates.

Thank you very much

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-install-updates-without-losing-wireless-connectivity.942406/
Relevancy 50.74%

I recently received a blue screen error stating "driver state power failure" 0x09f. ntoskrnl.exe error
This is the first time i've seen this screen although my memory dump files seem to tell another story.

Computer was a barebone comp from tigerdirect
Win 7 x64
8gb ram

not sure what else you need. Here is the link to the minidump files....

Thanks for any help I can get.

*edit* sorry for the single file zip. There should be two i will try n upload the second

A:BSOD error 0x09f "driver state power failure" Win7

second dump file..had to zip in order to not exceed size limit

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-error-0x09f-driver-state-power-failure-win7.172240/
Relevancy 50.74%

I am a sole account/user (home-based and non-network) with system administrator privileges, except this status is not recognized under Windows Update > Change Settings > Important Updates. The option of selecting automatic updating
and an installation frequency/time is grayed out.  How do I fix?  

A:Win7 Ultimate Sole User Administrator Privileges Not Recognized for Automatic Windows Updates

Hi KiDeb.
Did you have any changes prior this issue?
Could you confirm that Important Updates were installed before?
The possible solution could be this:
Hold WindowsKey + R 
Type: ?regedit?
Hit Enter

Go to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate\AU
Find AUOptions. 
Right Click Modify

You can change the values data from 1 through 5:
1. Download updates but let me choose whether to install them
2. Check for updates but let me choose whether to download and install them
3. Download updates but let me choose whether to install them
4. Install updates automatically / Never Check For Updates
5. Enable the option box to choose manually

If this doesn't help, you can try this method, but make sure you backup the registry files as you are doing this step on your own and I am not responsible for the possible issue -
Backup registry files in Windows 7
Click ?Start? button.
Select ?Run?.
Type ?regedit? without quotes in the Run window and hit Enter.

Navigate to this location: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows\WindowsUpdate\AU
In the right-pane, delete these two values ?AUOptions? and ?NoAutoUpdate?.

Then navigate to this location: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Policies\WindowsUpdate
In the right-pane, delete the value ?DisableWindowsUpdateAccess?.
Restart the computer and then try to change the Auto Update Settings.
Please click on Propose As Answer or to mark this post as and helpful for other people. This posting is provided AS-IS with no warranties, and confers no rights.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/5039911a-2d35-4f73-9a14-e0ff6f7461e5/win7-ultimate-sole-user-administrator-privileges-not-recognized-for-automatic-windows-updates?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 50.31%

I have no problem networking the two operating systems and sharing folders and printers (use work not home on win7). BUT, the minute I open network and/or network sharing on the windows 7 computer I lose my internetconnection on both computers and have to go through a shut down of the w7 computer and unplug the cable modem and the router and restart everything. (The modem displays an internet connection.) Time Warner Aries Modem
Belkin G router

You can't get to shared folders without going through network. If you do you have to restart everything to get back internet connection.

A:NETWORKING WIN7 WITH XP LOSING INTERNET WHEN NETWORK OPENED

Could you please follow this Tutorial then Post back with your results

Network Posting Tips

Many Thanks,
Josh

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/162384-networking-win7-xp-losing-internet-when-network-opened.html
Relevancy 50.31%

hi guys.
i have a Sony Vaio VGN-CS325J that comes with Windows Vista Home Premium x64,now i am going to install windows seven x64 on my laptop but i don't want to lose my vista as a matter of fact i want to have dual boot win vista & seven.
is it possible?
(my Vista is installed at Drive C and i have an empty Drive that is F with NTFS file system and 50GB space)
regards

A:how to install win7 witout losing vista on my laptop!

Could you post a screen shot of Disk management?

I;m not quite sure about the upgrade path,. but I';ll find out.

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/44251-how-install-win7-witout-losing-vista-my-laptop.html
Relevancy 50.31%

I am a college student and experienced at using computers and their software and such but the detailed tech stuff is way over my head My laptop told me I had updates to install so I tried installing them Some of during Losing power install SP1 them failed so I tried again Finally they worked but I still had one left in the queue Windows Vista Service Pack I Losing power during SP1 install clicked to install and it warned me the update would take more than an hour and I should plug in the computer I did so and it began installing At some point during the process I apparently tripped over my laptop cord or something because I came in the room and saw my computer appeared to have gone into hibernate or standby or whatever because it appeared off but the orange light was blinking and the laptop power cord had been disconnected at the brick I turned the computer on and the screen lit up a bit but was still black and nothing happened I left it like this for a while before forcing a shut down I turned the computer back on again and it suggested I start a quot Startup repair quot I did so and left it It says on the screen quot this may take several minutes quot It has now been running startup repair for more than hours Thinking this was a long time I tried clicking quot cancel quot It told me the repair operation it was running is unable to be canceled It is still running Startup repair --- Being very illiterate about this in-depth tech stuff I am afraid I have caused a computer catastrophe Is there any way to fix this I am at work right now and forgot to write down my laptop model but I know it is a Sony Vaio SZ series It runs on Windows Vista Any help is greatly appreciated nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/losing-power-during-sp1-install.869934/
Relevancy 50.31%

Im begging for help from someone with this issue im having with my computer Its nothing very serious but EXTREMELY annoying and its been happening for months Im using Microsoft Intellimouse Explorer s I have of them And while im on the Mouse losing Help!! power!! Please computer my mouse requently loses power for a couple seconds then usually turns back on But once in a while it shuts off completely then i have to switch USB ports and everything will be fine for a while but AGAIN the power will cut out Please Help!! Mouse losing power!! frequently It does this with ALL my mice and Ive tried using my dad s crappy roller ball mouse and the same thing happens I know what you are gonna say Its probally a USB port issue Well thats what i thought untill i just recently Upgraded my MOtherboard Processor and Ram With the new Motherboard and USb Ports IM still having the problem Ive ALSO tried using a USB-PS converter thingy and although it seems more stable the problem still seemed to occure It was a while ago when i used converter so i can t recall in detail how it responded but my memory tells me about the same thing happened Ive downloaded what i beleive to be the Latest Microsoft mouse drivers from their website I didn t install them with the disk included with mouse because i lost it BUT even back when i did i still had same problem If anyone can figure out a salution to my problem I will be Eternally greatfull This seems like not a big deal since my mouse isn t completely dead It although has started driving me to the Brink of Insanity having to deal with this Freaken mouse mice losing power every few minutes Please help Im desperate Thanks for you time nbsp

Relevancy 50.31%

Geforce 9600GT Video Card
Kingston 2 1g ram sticks Ram
e4600 2.4ghz dual cpu's Processor
Asus psgc-mx/1333 MoBo
XP Service Pack 3 OS
When ever I enter a graphics intensive program, such as a game like Counterstrike my monitor loses power, and my video card fan starts going much much faster, almost doubling or tripling the sound coming from my computer.

How ever this only happens about 80% of the time, there are sometimes when I can play games for days on end and my computer won't react to it. Then one day I may open a game and the issue sets in yet again.

I implanted the video card into a different computer and played games there and it worked perfectly fine. I was thinking it may be the power supply, but I wanted some more experienced advice from you guys.
I doubt it, but I was wondering also if it might be a software issue that is making me lose power.

A:Monitor losing power

What is your power supply? You might need to purchase a stronger PSU at least 500 watts.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/monitor-losing-power-386479.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hiya, hopefully someone can help me - over the last few days my monitor keeps losing power and I have to unplug it for a while (20 mins or so) then plug it back in for it to work. Some days it happens lots, other days it doesn't happen at all. It's a Tiny LCD monitor (model: MAVG-17), 7 months old. PC was recently moved to a different room, but this had already happened a couple of times in the original location. Any ideas gratefully received! Thanks a lot.

A:Monitor keeps losing power

Hi and welcome. Is the monitor still under warranty per chance?

Sounds like you may have a defective monitor.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-keeps-losing-power.387036/
Relevancy 50.31%

My computer has a Pentium II MMX 350 MHZ Processor. I know this because it is the first thing it says on the screen when I boot it up. This morning however, when I turned it on, it said Pentium II-175 MHZ. I shut down and rebooted and it was back to normal. What could have caused this? Is it a warning sign that my processor is about to die? The computer will be 5 years old this August.

A:We're losing power captain!

I don't think it is the cpu. The first thing I would suspect is the cmos battery. Have you ever changed it? If not there is a possibility it is getting weak.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/were-losing-power-captain.116468/
Relevancy 50.31%

it says only 6% power and it is always plugged in ,but i am looking for a battery for E-MACHINE -CAN ANYONE ADVISE ME WHAT TO DO ( AND THE FONTS CHANGE TO BIG IN A HEARTBEAT WHEN I HAVE CHOSEN SMALLER ! Do i need this battery -i have never had one for this machine but it was always plugged in and , it has always remained powered fully until today.message edited by ZOE

A:Plugged in but Losing Power

What model of E-Machine is this please?Does the caps light on your keyboard come on when it starts using caps on its own?And are you using a wireless keyboard?Also, are you plugged into a surge suppressor and is it plugged into a good wall socket?message edited by ISAmad

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-7/plugged-in-but-losing-power/19170.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi and thanks if someone can help. We built the computer a year ago and its been going like a gem.The other day i turned it on and bugger me the fans blinked then the whole thing shut down,It wouldnt start up again.Silly me at first thought it was the PWR supply or on/off switch on case so i bought a new 1,that didnt work so i bought a new CPU,hense that didnt work either.I stripped it all down leaving only the MB(M3A78 PRO) CPU + FAN and 1 stick of RAM.Ive now got it to turn on but after 10 seconds it makes a short beep then 15 seconds later the computer shuts down b4 windows can start.I am a computer dummy so if you can help please dont be to technical. Thankyou all.

Relevancy 50.31%

I checked my My Computer properties the other day Processing Losing Power and I happened to notice that somehow I had LOST processing power My mobo is an AMD Barton and previously it would report around ghz This time I checked and it said ghz I have no idea how long it s been at this speed but I d guess for some time since I ve noticed a dramatic slowdown in my computer Let me give a history of what my computer has been through in the last month I recently came back from school on the east coast and I took my desktop with me Being the cheap that he is my dad did not want me to ship the computer but Losing Processing Power take it WITH me by packing it in my suitcase I had huge doubts about this but my dad didn t want to spend the money to ship it So I shipped it back here in one of my suitcases took it out and realized that it had a lot of problems My computer would freeze at different areas starting up BIOS options had changed somehow actually none did but it said Losing Processing Power that they did and my computer would also freeze whenever Losing Processing Power I plugged anything in or took anything out of the computer These problems slowly faded away over time but I also realized my computer was slowing down So it would really seem like this slowdown in the CPU speed has coincided with this trip back home So what s wrong with my comp It seems like it s a physical issue and that my loss of processing power is a permanent thing Would a reformat fix anything at all nbsp

Relevancy 50.31%

Im begging for help from someone with this issue im having with my computer Its nothing very serious but EXTREMELY annoying and its been happening for months Im using Microsoft Mouse power!! Help!! Please losing Intellimouse Explorer s I have of them And while im on the computer my mouse requently loses power for a couple seconds then usually turns Please Help!! Mouse losing power!! back on But once in a while it shuts off completely then i have to switch USB ports and everything will be fine for a while but AGAIN the power will cut out frequently It does this with ALL my Please Help!! Mouse losing power!! mice and Ive tried using my dad s crappy roller ball mouse and the same thing happens I know what you are gonna say Its probally Please Help!! Mouse losing power!! a USB port issue Well thats what i thought untill i just recently Upgraded my MOtherboard Processor and Ram With the new Motherboard and USb Ports IM still having the problem Ive ALSO tried using a USB-PS converter thingy and although it seems more stable the problem still seemed to occure It was a while ago when i used converter so i can t recall in detail how it responded but my memory tells me about the same thing happened Ive downloaded what i beleive to be the Latest Microsoft mouse drivers from their website I didn t install them with the disk included with mouse because i lost it BUT even back when i did i still had same problem If anyone can figure out a salution to my problem I will be Eternally greatfull This seems like not a big deal since my mouse isn t completely dead It although has started driving me to the Brink of Insanity having to deal with this Freaken mouse mice losing power every few minutes Please help Im desperate Thanks for you time nbsp

A:Please Help!! Mouse losing power!!

I don't know if this will help; but it might be worth a look:

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;q96016

http://forums.itrc.hp.com/cm/QuestionAnswer/1,,0x9405e32594510c46a880dc48988b47be,00.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/please-help-mouse-losing-power.163253/
Relevancy 50.31%

I tried rolling back from windows to in win7? 10 BSOD boots mode safe boot loop Win but rollback faillure Won't boot get BSOD trying to boot win but can boot in safe mode win My MS License from win shows unactivated after rollback Have tried Everything Won't let me restore prev pt in Safe mode not there Doesn't repair from install disc Says no previous vers windows installed but boots in win safe mode Have prod key but can't activate by phone or pc Tried re-intering prod key in command promp get error x c Have backup on ex hard drive but can't access or Win 10 rollback faillure BSOD boot loop but boots in safe mode win7? restore in safe mode Is a genuine prod key for win purchased laptop Tried re-installing win but can't due to laptop now showing win key not activated and can't do it in safe mode Tried system repair disc from last year also does not work at all or in safe mode Every avenue I have tried on the internet either doesn't work in safe mode or not available I really don't want to reinstall win but may have to If I have to reinstall win will a backup restore on ex drive put it back where it was before upgrading to win including programs or just files Ughhhhhhhhh

http://www.tenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/57471-win-10-rollback-faillure-bsod-boot-loop-but-boots-safe-mode-win7.html