Windows Support Forum

BSOD during windows update

Q: BSOD during windows update

Hey everyone, so yesterday I swapped my hard drive with a different from another computer. Everything went well and I reinstalled the OS (win7). Everything went through and smooth until windows updates came though. So last night I shut off my pc (it installs during shut off) and I went to bed. I woke up in the middle of the night and saw BSOD. so I shut off my pc, woke up this morning turned on my pc again and it said (please wait..) then bsod once again. When I tried safe zone, I got the message "Failed to Configure windows update, reverting changes..".

logs are attached to the thread.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: BSOD during windows update

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: BSOD during windows update

Hi John .

The bugcheck seem to suggest a HDD hardware error, this could also mean
that the SATA data and power are not seated very well.
Start by opening up the PC and reseating the cables on both ends making sure there
aren't any obstructions most commonly dust.

Then test the drive for physical errors because trying to troubleshoot
failing hardware is not going to get us anywhere.

A question do you have all your data backed up?
Please answer before commencing with the steps below.

Warning
The Following Method Should NOT Be Performed On An SSD!
Testing the HDD:
Perform a Disk Check | Disk Check - Use the /r switch, Follow OPTION TWO - command prompt at startup.
Then Post the results following | THIS METHOD
Download SeaTools for DOS if you don't want to use a CD to test the HDD you can use YUMI – Multiboot USB Creator to create a bootable USB (instructions are found at the bottom of both pages).
If SeaTools for Windows is unable to recognize your HDD visit HDDdiag and follow the instructions.
If SeaTools For DOS does not recognize the drive;
Boot into the BIOS using the *Fxkey.
Look for an entry called SATA Mode (or something similar), it should be set to IDE / AHCI.
It's probably set to AHCI which is why SeaTools doesn't recognize them in the DOS environment.
Set it to IDE then save and exit usually by pressing the F10 key.
Now boot into SeaTools and it should detect the drives.
Start the Long Test and let it run.
Upon completion don't try to boot into Windows as it will only result in a BSOD, go back into the BIOS
and change the SATA setting back to what it was in the first place.

*Popular BIOS access keys.

If the HDD checks out to be in working condition check to see if Windows managed to create
any restore point despite the OS being so young.
Again follow option two;
System Restore
As for the bugchecks, the one you woke up and saw is empty meaning it didn't pass the check-sum
so the it wasn't flushed to disk.
The second one is to be expected with regards to your description of the events.

Code:
BugCheck 1000007E, {ffffffffc0000006, fffff800028ac047, fffff880079cd828, fffff880079cd080}

Probably caused by : hardware_disk

Code:
Usual causes: Insufficient disk space, Device driver, Video card, BIOS, Break point with no debugger attached, Hardware incompatibility, Faulty system service, Memory.

Code:
EXCEPTION_RECORD: fffff880079cd828 -- (.exr 0xfffff880079cd828)
ExceptionAddress: fffff800028ac047 (nt!RtlImageNtHeaderEx+0x000000000000003f)
ExceptionCode: c0000006 (In-page I/O error)
ExceptionFlags: 00000000
NumberParameters: 3
Parameter[0]: 0000000000000000
Parameter[1]: 0000000000040000
Parameter[2]: 00000000c0000185
Inpage operation failed at 0000000000040000, due to I/O error 00000000c0000185
By looking at the stack we can see the a start of a thread, then we're trying to verify
the boot drivers then paging them in is where it failed to do so.

Code:
rsp : 0xfffff880079cda68 : 0xfffff800028ac0d2 : nt!RtlImageNtHeader+0x1e
0xfffff880079cda68 : 0xfffff800028ac0d2 : nt!RtlImageNtHeader+0x1e
0xfffff880079cda80 : 0xfffff880079cda98 : 0xfffff88000c16bb3 : CI!I_PEVerifyBootDrivers+0x2f3
0xfffff880079cda98 : 0xfffff88000c16bb3 : CI!I_PEVerifyBootDrivers+0x2f3
0xfffff880079cdc80 : 0xfffff80002a44e80 : nt!KiInitialPCR+0x180
0xfffff880079cdcb8 : 0xfffff88000c05cb0 : CI!g_PERunOnce
0xfffff880079cdcc8 : 0xfffff88000c168c0 : CI!I_PEVerifyBootDrivers
0xfffff880079cdce8 : 0xfffff88000c16875 : CI!PEWorkerThread+0xad
0xfffff880079cdd20 : 0xfffff88000c167c8 : CI!PEWorkerThread
0xfffff880079cdd38 : 0xfffff80002b6f166 : nt!PspSystemThreadStartup+0x5a
0xfffff880079cdd58 : 0xfffff800028c3d87 : nt!KxSwitchKernelStackCallout+0x27
0xfffff880079cdd78 : 0xfffff800028aa486 : nt!KiStartSystemThread+0x16
0xfffff880079cdd80 : 0xfffff80002a44e80 : nt!KiInitialPCR+0x180
0xfffff880079cdd90 : 0xfffff80002a52c40 : nt!KiInitialThread
0xfffff880079cdd98 : 0xfffff88001264bf0 : Ntfs!NtfsCommonCreateCallout
Because it's a page-in operation I would look into the RAM as well.

Testing the RAM:

Quote: Originally Posted by koolkat77

Test and Diagnose RAM Issues with Memtest86+:RAM - Test with Memtest86+

Tip
Pay close attention to part 3 of the tutorial "If you have errors"
Test the RAM with Memtest86+ for at least 7-10 passes. It may take up to 22 passes to find problems. Make sure to run it once after the system has been on for a few hours and is warm, and then also run it again when the system has been off for a few hours and is cold.

When done with the testing procedure take a picture and upload it here.

Let us know how things are going.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/306575-bsod-during-windows-update.html
Relevancy 45.58%

NOTE DM log collector seem to be getting stuck when collecting msinfo nfo so the attached file can be incomplete Please let me know if BSOD BSOD Update; playing Windows when games on it can take longer than minutes to collect this data so i will run the program again BSOD It started at around January th - basically when i shoot down the system theres a suprisingly short windows BSOD on Windows Update; BSOD when playing games update Then whenever i boot the PC and it starts to configure the update bluescreen pops up with an error code x E and i have to use system recovery BSOD on Windows Update; BSOD when playing games to succesfully run the system BSOD Ive never fixed BSOD on Windows Update; BSOD when playing games it and it occures since i bought the PC When i play games and very rarely when using internet browser my PC is getting random freezes display driver errors monitor is turning off and of course sometimes BSODs happen Ive tried several different drivers memory hdd tests temperatures stress tests different monitors and GPUs and plugging out in hardware inside the PC case then i gave up So basically all the BSODs listed in a ZIP file until January th are related to this problem

A:BSOD on Windows Update; BSOD when playing games

At this state make a backup of all your files and re-install windows.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/359203-bsod-windows-update-bsod-when-playing-games.html
Relevancy 43%

Hello my computer has been dead for the last few days so to speak For Update (?) and on wrong - drive Windows Error installed Windows BSOD two days ago I turned Windows Error and BSOD - Windows Update installed on wrong drive (?) on my computer - it started up just like any other day I saw the Desktop and bang blue screen of death This has not happened since I installed Windows on my new SSD Harddisk I'm running with two disks one SSD for Windows and a HDD for everything else so I simply started my computer again My computer worked just fine last weekend no problems at all I had a Windows Update and then this happened During the set-up it stopped after the Motherboard-image - I had to chose between starting Windows Normal or repair it Starting Windows normally does not help - it just give me BSOD right before or right after hitting the desktop Sometimes even before the Welcome-screen So choosing to repair Windows during the setup is the only thing I can do By doing so Windows searches for errors I get the following error codes x x and some with f's Today and yesterday I only got x which apparently stands for 'unknown' Hitting F during setup and loading Windows in safe-mode secure mode does not help either I get BSOD here as well I have tried to change the boot location different disks and from CD As a standard its booting from my harddisk - all though it's booting from the wrong disk the HDD When I'm choosing the SSD I can't get any further and I get the message quot Missing Bootmgr quot The only way to boot the computer correctly and maybe fix the missing boot manager is by booting from a Windows CD I get the same two options Normal Repair when booting from the CD though When I chose repair it seems to be fixing something - but in the end it says it couldn't find any errors I have also tried to enter the following commands into the CMD Bootrec fixmbr Bootrec fixboot Bootrec rebuildbcd The first two are completed with no errors or messages The last one is unable to find any Windows installations this happen when using both C and D I am able to use a safety backup copy which I took when I all out of sudden got access to the computer Don't ask my why or how that is however not solving the problem it's only allowing me to load the computer once When it's loading it's checking the disk first and then loading normally -- I just tried that for a few minutes ago and my screen just turned black No hardware is damaged nor wrong installed The only thing that doesn't seem to work is Windows Note I have no interest in re installing Windows - who knows maybe this problem will return tomorrow Thanks

A:Windows Error and BSOD - Windows Update installed on wrong drive (?)

Update: By booting from the disk I managed to see the desktop and I have now opened my computer in fail-secured with CMD.. oops, BSOD . Dangit.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/211707-windows-error-bsod-windows-update-installed-wrong-drive.html
Relevancy 42.57%

I got a number of BSOD's yesterday and spent the whole evening trying to restore my computer which i did but now certain things don't work like my windows troubleshooter,DS3 tool to mention a few. The only changes i made prior to getting BSOD was first installing Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Future Soldier and then performing windows update. After spending several hours on Google this morning i came across sfc/scannow which has helped to show me what exactly is wrong,i just don't know how to fix it. All help is appreciated,thanks in advance.

A:BSOD after windows update

Upload your dump files firstly:

%SystemRoot%\Minidump - Kernel Minidump

%SystemRoot%\MEMORY.DMP - Kernel Dump

You can substitute the %SystemRoot% for where Windows 7 is installed, which is usually C:\Windows\

Make sure that Windows has also been configured to produce a dump file upon a BSOD:Dump Files - Configure Windows to Create on BSOD
Run System File Checker at boot, this will scan for any corrupted or missing protected Windows 7 files, and attempt to repair these files automatically if possible:SFC /SCANNOW : Run in Command Prompt at Boot
Run full scans with:Anti-rootkit utility TDSSKiller
Microsoft Security Essentials - Microsoft Windows
Malwarebytes : Free anti-malware download
Remember to install the free version of Malwarebytes not the free trail; untick the box during installation.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/265938-bsod-after-windows-update.html
Relevancy 42.57%

I recently acquired an annoying adware virus after installing a program called WebCakeDesktop Updater exe in After Update BSOD Windows Task Manager I BSOD After Windows Update ran a scan on my computer I use Malwarebytes quarantined and deleted all redflagged and related items and thought I was done with it Nope I went into add remove programs and uninstalled all related programs Still nothing So I opened Firefox and reset it Opened Internet Explorer to reset but I couldn t find a reset option anywhere so I went to update to IE Upon attempting to install it it gave me an error message that I could not install IE because a Windows update needed to be installed It linked me to said update and naturally I went to install the update It prompted me to restart the computer and I did so Only to be met by a blue screen of death The error message is as follows A problem has been detected and Windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer If this is the first time you ve seen this Stop error screen restart you computer If this screen appears again follow these steps Check for viruses on your computer Remove any newly installed hard drives or hard drive controllers Check you hard drive to make sure it is properly configured and terminated Run CHKDSK F to check for hard drive corruption and then restart your computer Technical information STOP x B xBACC xC x x --- I cannot start up Windows XP in any mode These modes include -Safe Mode -Safe Mode with Networking -Safe Mode with Command Prompt -Last Known Good Configuration -Start Windows Normally All options result in the display of the above BSOD Halp c nbsp

Relevancy 42.57%

Recently, my computer has decided to occasionally crash out to a BSOD after boot up. It will do it maybe twice in a row and then things will be fine. I tried to run Windows Update and when I did -- BSOD!

How can I find out what is causing it? Is this something that may require a complete reinstall? Jeez I hope not!

Windows XP Pro Version 2002 - SP3
AMD Athalon 64 3200+ 2.01GHz
2 GB RAM

A:Windows Update BSOD

Can you please post the BSOD error message including the numbers.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/233109/windows-update-bsod/
Relevancy 42.57%

machine is new, fresh win7 x64 home install, began updating windows 5 updates at a time, got through 20 or so of them, did the next 5 and it BSOD upon restart from windows update

attached my report

should i restore to the previous 5 updates?

edit: since this bsod i have completed the rest of the updates and restarted again... no bsod so far

There is no dmp file in the one you just uploaded. Please upload them again

Quote:
Go to C:\Windows\Minidump and copy all of the dmp files to the desktop. Select all>right-click on one>Send to>New Compressed folder. Then attach the zip file to your next post by use of the paperclip icon in the advanced editor.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/114948-bsod-after-windows-update.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Today I tried to update my Windows 8 PRO /WMC to Windows 8.1

I am running the VL edition as Windows 8 as it was installed from the IT department at my university.

The dumps don't have anything recent in there, but im may be related to why I cannot update to 8.1 ( using the iso).

Thanks for the help!

A:BSOD trying to update to Windows 8.1

Some more info:

When trying to do the upgrade the process bsods with "KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED"
After the restart the upgrade fails with the following error code: 0xc1900101-0x4000d

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/27320-bsod-trying-update-windows-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 42.57%

So far, I have little more than an operating system with no actual software installed. I have wanted to do some updates to my installation, but on several occasions, I have been stopped by a BSOD. Sometimes it is not on the screen long enough to construe the error. Also, I have been shown the location of the error logs that purportedly cause BSOD, but me, with admin privelages, have not enough permissions to see them.

My hardware is indicated in considerable detail under my user profile (click on my username and follow the links to "system spec").

Recently, these BSODs have disappeared to be replaced with: Unknown error: Code 800B0100
Unknown error: Code 80073172
Unknown error: Code 8007065E
Paul King

A:BSOD from Windows Update

Hello Paul and welcome to Seven Forums.

Since you're dealing with BSOD issues, it would help if you set up your machine to generate dump files whenever you get a BSOD. And then follow the BSOD posting instructions.

Dump Files - Configure Windows to Create on BSOD

http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html

If I'm understanding things correctly, you're trying to install Windows Updates but one or more of them are causing a BSOD. Is the computer set to "Install updates automatically (recommended)"? If so, you probably won't know for sure which update is causing the problem. It's better to install updates manually in small groups (maybe 5 at a time.) Keep track of the KB numbers. Restart the computer after each group and make sure things are working as they should. If there are problems you'll know which group of updates to uninstall. Then try installing one at a time, rebooting after each one, and check the computer. They'll either all install correctly or you'll know the specific update causing problems. Start with the Critical updates first, then Important, then Recommended, then Optional. This is a slower method but usually gives better update results.

Windows Update Settings - Change

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/270466-bsod-windows-update.html
Relevancy 42.57%

I was installing some updates (I think one driver, new definitions for windows defender, and a couple of random updates), and had restarted my computer. It went to the update screen where is shows the % finished before booting up and the it went to a BSOD. The computer started up again, and it went back to the update screen. It did the BSOD one more time, and then after the reboot it went and logged normally into windows, without finishing the updates (I believe it only got as far as %35. The BSOD Dump file is attached.

Thanks for your help!

A:BSOD during Windows Update

Something is puzzling there ...

May I ask you one pardon question? How long you are using the Convent Eye program?

Is this program has anything to do with 11th October, Thursday?

If not, can you remember what have you done on that day?

Depending on your answer only, I can suggest you anything.

Why?

It is crashed on cewd32.sys. Not a single info is available on it all over the internet.

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 50, {9a58e000, 0, 830b9a51, 0}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for cewd32.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for cewd32.sys
Probably caused by : cewd32.sys ( cewd32+217b )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------
And, the driver's date is 11th October, Thursday.

Code:
lmvm cewd32
start end module name
91bc0000 91bca000 cewd32 T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: cewd32.sys
Image path: \??\C:\Windows\system32\Drivers\cewd32.sys
Image name: cewd32.sys
Timestamp: Thu Oct 11 22:28:11 2012 (5076FAA3)
CheckSum: 0000913E
ImageSize: 0000A000
Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
It is my wild guess that it is Convent Eye (the cewd32... C is for convent and e is for eye, I am guessing).

If you have installed the program by a nearly date, uninstall it, the crashes will not be there.

Waiting for your reply.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/261558-bsod-during-windows-update.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Was installing the "important" updates, and got a BSOD. .dmp file is attached.

A:BSOD during Windows update?

BSOD caused by KernExplorer64.sys which is part of Lavasoft software, it is a known issue with Ad-Aware.
Remove it and install MSE

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 93, {8dc, fffff8a000001a80, fffff8a008102370, 1}

Unable to load image KernExplorer64.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for KernExplorer64.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for KernExplorer64.sys
Probably caused by : KernExplorer64.sys ( KernExplorer64+1277 )

INVALID_KERNEL_HANDLE (93)
This message occurs if kernel code (server, redirector, other driver, etc.)
attempts to close a handle that is not a valid handle.
Arguments:
Arg1: 00000000000008dc, The handle that NtClose was called with.
Arg2: fffff8a000001a80,
Arg3: fffff8a008102370
Arg4: 0000000000000001

Debugging Details:
------------------
CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x93

PROCESS_NAME: System

CURRENT_IRQL: 0

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from fffff8000332e1d3 to fffff800030d3740

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`08cae7c8 fffff800`0332e1d3 : 00000000`00000093 00000000`000008dc fffff8a0`00001a80 fffff8a0`08102370 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`08cae7d0 fffff800`033a82e5 : 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`00000000 00000000`00000000 fffff880`053c9b00 : nt! ?? ::NNGAKEGL::`string'+0x20d01
fffff880`08cae8a0 fffff880`053c9277 : fffffa80`018c4740 00000000`c00000bb fffffa80`057263c0 00000000`00000000 : nt!ObReferenceObjectByHandle+0x25
fffff880`08cae8f0 fffffa80`018c4740 : 00000000`c00000bb fffffa80`057263c0 00000000`00000000 fffff880`08cae9b0 : KernExplorer64+0x1277
fffff880`08cae8f8 00000000`c00000bb : fffffa80`057263c0 00000000`00000000 fffff880`08cae9b0 fffff880`08cae9c0 : 0xfffffa80`018c4740
fffff880`08cae900 fffffa80`057263c0 : 00000000`00000000 fffff880`08cae9b0 fffff880`08cae9c0 fffff980`12a0aff8 : 0xc00000bb
fffff880`08cae908 00000000`00000000 : fffff880`08cae9b0 fffff880`08cae9c0 fffff980`12a0aff8 00000000`00000000 : 0xfffffa80`057263c0
STACK_COMMAND: kb

FOLLOWUP_IP:
KernExplorer64+1277
fffff880`053c9277 ?? ???

SYMBOL_STACK_INDEX: 3

SYMBOL_NAME: KernExplorer64+1277

FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: KernExplorer64

IMAGE_NAME: KernExplorer64.sys

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 4d4abb8a

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x93_KernExplorer64+1277

BUCKET_ID: X64_0x93_KernExplorer64+1277

---------

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/151903-bsod-during-windows-update.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi - BSOD Windows Update After Hope someone can help me - i'm a total computer-moron so please bear with me I turned on my laptop today and before starting up it began automatically installing BSOD - After Windows Update updates - I left it to do whatever and came back to find the BSOD error x b xFFFFFFFFFC - something like that disappeared before I have a chance to write it down - hoping that means something to someone here lol I've tried restarting again but got the same error I'm also tried start up repair but it's been an hour and it is still 'attempting repairs' I also tried to start it from the Last known good configuration but it just took me to the error screen again Someone suggested I try a system restore but I don't know how to do that seeing as it's not booting up Of course I have an essay due this week so I now i'm stressing out Any help would be appreciated The OS is Windows Thanks

A:BSOD - After Windows Update

Hi,

Normally I would ask for the dump files, etc, but as this happened after a Windows update, let's take care of that first.

Quote:

Someone suggested I try a system restore but I don't know how to do that seeing as it's not booting up?

Can you boot into safe mode? If so, you can system restore from there - Getting into Windows Safe Mode

Regards,

Patrick

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-after-windows-update-704606.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Two days ago I deployed WSUS server. On my network all computers are updated now and no problems are occurred. Except one laptop. It will show BSOD 5 or 6 times during the day, and restart. Attached is the last dump.

Any help will be highly appreciated. Thank you.

A:BSOD after Windows Update

It is caused by Norton/Symantec Event Library.

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck F4, {3, 8b1054a0, 8b10560c, 8345fe10}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for SYMEVENT.SYS
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for SYMEVENT.SYS
----- ETW minidump data unavailable-----
Probably caused by : wininit.exe

---------
Uninstall Norton and all Symentec products using Norton Removal tool.
Use Microsoft Security Essentials as your antivirus with windows inbuilt firewall, and free MBAM as the on demand scanner.

Download and install those, and then run full system scans with both of them, one by one.

Also, do some disc check.
Update your SSD's Firmware (skip it, if it is not a SSD)
Reseat the sata and power.
Run chkdsk /f/r, following the option two of the tutorial Disk Check
Seatool for dos: SeaTools | Seagate download
Burn it in a blank cd. boot from the CD, click on "Accept", wait for it to finish detecting the drives, then in the upper left corner select "Basic Tests", then select "Long Test" and let it run.
Let us know the results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/265772-bsod-after-windows-update.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Hey guys. I'm can't figure this one out. Every time I try to update Windows I get a BSOD. When I finally get the PC back up and running and try to finish updates they fail. I currently have 144 update that keep failing. I have included my most recent dump information. I've tried to wipe the PC and start over to no avail. I've swapped all hardware with a buddies PC to no avail. I've even gotten a new CPU to no avail. Please help. I have this new PC and I can't even use it. Thank you in advance for your help.

A:BSOD when trying to update Windows

Dump file information

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/369861-bsod-when-trying-update-windows.html
Relevancy 42.57%

I was just redownloading Windows 7 Home Premium to fix any possible errors and BSOD'd.

A:BSOD during Windows Update

I was using the Windows Installation Disc.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/240422-bsod-during-windows-update.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi !

My computer suddenly crashed yesterday evening with a beautiful BSOD. I didn't change anything or install any program. By looking a bit closer in the system log, there was a message of "windows updates ready for installation" right before the time of the crash. The computer seems to work correctly in safe-mode or under linux (it's not hardware thus).

I tried to deactivate the automatic update and it seems to be OK now. Then I tried a manual installation of the updates from microsoft windowsupdate website, and the computer crashed again during the install (BSOD).

I've been told it could be some kind of security (data prevention execution) which prevent windows from being modified by unauthorized programs.

What should I do now ? How to allow the updates to work again ?

Relevancy 42.57%

Greetings I have had a long history of BSOD issues on this system and have exhausted my patience in trying to fix it I have done my own research to no avail and have even utilized my warranty to get parts replaced At this point in time I have a replaced motherboard and video card but the BSOD issues have actually increased in frequency For testing I have re-loaded Windows Ran tests on the memory Replaced the hard drive with an SSD Updated drivers as best as I when use. Update in BSOD 8.1 Windows even 1 not on could based on the version of Windows and availability of drivers and as mentioned I have even had the Motherboard and Video card replaced The only hardware left to rule out is Power Supply and CPU Anyway I am hoping the guys in this forum can come up with better things for me to try before I get crazy and start replacing the more expensive stuff This is a new BSOD on Windows 8.1 Update 1 even when not in use. machine so I feel like it is on them to fix if it turns out to be hardware related but they want me to ship it to Texas for a week or so and I am not willing to do that

A:BSOD on Windows 8.1 Update 1 even when not in use.

My hunch is it is your PSU.

You have only a Lennovo 280 PSU, but you are using a Geforce GTX 650. And according to these system requirements you need at least 400 watt PSU

Thermal and Power Specs:
98 CMaximum GPU Tempurature (in C)
64 WMaximum Graphics Card Power (W)
400 WMinimum System Power Requirement (W)5
One 6-pinSupplementary Power Connectors

But my advice would be to change to a min. 500 watt PSU from a A brand.

Also your dumpfiles point to the above, many different bsod error codes which are mentioning lowlevel or windows system problems (win32k.sys, cd.sys, ntkrnlmp.exe, processname:system, hal.sys etc.)

And also most of your drivers dates are from augustus 2013 or above, so a thirdparty drivers problem is probably not the culprit, but it could be that one of your windows 8 drivers needs to be updated to a windows 8.1 driver.

But first upgrade your PSU and if the bsod keeps continuing, please upload a new .SF zip.

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/45231-bsod-windows-8-1-update-1-even-when-not-use.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Speccy http speccy piriform com results ITWzseXfaeNUeaOQ iJQXc MiniToolBox by Farbar Version - - Ran by Erick administrator on - - at Running from C Users Erick Downloads Microsoft Windows Ultimate Service Pack X Boot Windows BSOD update? after Mode Network Flush DNS Windows IP Configuration Successfully flushed the DNS Resolver Cache IE Proxy Settings Proxy is not enabled No Proxy Server is set Reset IE Proxy Settings IE Proxy Settings were reset FF Proxy Settings Reset FF Proxy Settings Firefox Proxy settings were reset Hosts content IP Configuration NETGEAR WNDA v N Wireless Dual Band USB Adapter Wireless Network Connection Connected Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Local Area Connection Media disconnected PdaNet Broadband Adapter Local Area Connection Media disconnected TAP Adapter V for Private Tunnel Local Area Connection Media disconnected TAP-Win Adapter BSOD after Windows update? V Local Area Connection Media disconnected ---------------------------------- IPv Configuration ---------------------------------- pushd interface ipv reset set global icmpredirects enabled popd End of IPv configuration Windows IP Configuration Host Name CherryPopper Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List columbus rr com Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TAP Adapter V for Private Tunnel Physical Address -FF-BE-AE-AD-DF DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description TAP-Win Adapter V Physical Address -FF- - - - D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description PdaNet Broadband Adapter Physical Address - - -BD- - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix columbus rr com Description NETGEAR WNDA v N Wireless Dual Band USB Adapter Physical Address E - -F - - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe d ba b d Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained Wednesday December PM Lease Expires Thursday December PM Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DHCPv Client DUID - - - - -B - - - - - - - B-CE DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Realtek PCIe FE Family Controller Physical Address - - - - B-CE DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter isatap columbus rr com Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter TO Adapter Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Microsoft to Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Server dns-cac-lb- rr com Address Name google com Addresses f b Pinging google com with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms Server dns-cac-lb- rr com Address Name yahoo com Addresses Pinging yahoo com with bytes of data Reply from bytes time ms TTL Reply from bytes time ms TTL Ping statistics for Packets Sent Received Lost loss Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds Minimum ms Maximum ms Average ms Pinging with bytes of data Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Reply from bytes time lt ms TTL Ping statisti... Read more

A:BSOD after Windows update?

Could try reinstalling/updating your usb network adapter driver. Also could try Who Crashed to maybe learn what is causing the bsod

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/559363/bsod-after-windows-update/
Relevancy 42.57%

Any help on this issue would be appreciated I bought a new Alienware laptop with Windows installed A week went by with no issues I installed Steam and plenty of games but not much else Today I had a prompt to install some windows updates and restart which I did but on reboot I got a BSOD with the System Thread Exception Not Handled error I googled the cause and most posts pointed to a driver error the fix suggesting going in to safe mode and reinstalling the nvidia driver Windows Update After BSOD I tried but couldnt get the laptop in to safe mode so in the end I BSOD After Windows Update just did a system restore as I didnt have that much installed During the process of getting it back up and running I updated the Alien Respawn program and this gave me another BSOD same error I tried another restore and it got the laptop up and running but had rolled back the nvidia driver to from the that I had updated to The laptop seems ok now but I am worried if I install newer nvidia drivers it will come back I can see detailed logs in Alien Autopsy but cant see how to copy them Sorry here are the dumps

A:BSOD After Windows Update

FWIW - this is the 3rd or 4th problem I've seen w/nVidia drivers (in the last week or so) that was resolved w/a driver rollback (but all of the others were Win8.1).
I'd keep an eye out on the nVidia site for a updated driver (later than 331.65) in the near future.
Look at the 2nd post here for the bugs that are still open: https://forums.geforce.com/default/t...sed-10-28-13-/

I have seen issues w/Killer network cards - but mostly on MSI systems (I only recall one on an Alienware system in the recent past).
Keep an eye on this - no need to do anything special at this point.

2 memory dumps in the WER section of MSINFO32 blame this (this is also blamed in the 2 memory dumps that I analyzed below):

nvkflt.sys Wed Mar 27 17:35:52 2013 (51536638)
NVIDIA Graphics filter driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=nvkflt.sys

I'd suggest that you should stay with what you have right now - as it's not causing you any problems.
Should newer nVidia drivers come out - feel free to try them, but be prepared to revert back.

Should the BSOD's return, feel free to post back (and include the memory dumps) - and we'll hit your video card with a barrage of hardware tests.

Please update these older drivers. Links are included to assist in looking up the source of the drivers. If unable to find an update, please remove (un-install) the program responsible for that driver. DO NOT manually delete/rename the driver as it may make the system unbootable! :

CLVirtualDrive.sys Mon Dec 26 08:26:47 2011 (4EF87617)
CyberLink Virtual Device Driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=CLVirtualDrive.sys

Analysis:
The following is for informational purposes only.

Code:
**************************Thu Nov 14 09:15:08.401 2013 (UTC - 5:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\John\SysnativeBSODApps\111413-25281-01.dmp]
Windows 8 Kernel Version 9200 MP (8 procs) Free x64
Built by: 9200.16628.amd64fre.win8_gdr.130531-1504
System Uptime:0 days 0:00:06.183
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvkflt.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvkflt.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for mssmbios.sys
Probably caused by :nvkflt.sys ( nvkflt+37c2 )
BugCheck 1000007E, {ffffffffc0000005, 0, fffff8800317f938, fffff8800317f170}
BugCheck Info: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M (1000007e)
Arguments:
Arg1: ffffffffc0000005, The exception code that was not handled
Arg2: 0000000000000000, The address that the exception occurred at
Arg3: fffff8800317f938, Exception Record Address
Arg4: fffff8800317f170, Context Record Address
BUGCHECK_STR: AV
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN8_DRIVER_FAULT
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: AV_NULL_IP_nvkflt+37c2
CPUID: "Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4700MQ CPU @ 2.40GHz"
MaxSpeed: 2400
CurrentSpeed: 2394
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
**************************Thu Nov 14 06:43:09.929 2013 (UTC - 5:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\John\SysnativeBSODApps\111413-23703-01.dmp]
Windows 8 Kernel Version 9200 MP (8 procs) Free x64
Built by: 9200.16628.amd64fre.win8_gdr.130531-1504
System Uptime:0 days 0:00:18.698
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvkflt.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvkflt.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for mssmbios.sys
Probably caused by :nvkflt.sys ( nvkflt+37c2 )
BugCheck 1000007E, {ffffffffc0000005, 0, fffff88003178938, fffff88003178170}
Arguments:
Arg2: 0000000000000000, The address that the exception occurred at
Arg3: fffff88003178938, Exception Record Address
Arg4: fffff88003178170, Context Record Address
BUGCHECK_STR: ... Read more

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/35505-bsod-after-windows-update.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi,

I have suffered multiple BSOD for the last three days, seems to tie in with last lot of Windows updates. I include the errors from Blue Screen View which show for every instance. I have updated my graphics driver but this makes no difference.

dxgkrnl.sys dxgkrnl.sys+5d000 fffff880`04ca7000 fffff880`04d9b000 0x000f4000 0x4ce799fa 20/11/2010 10:50:50
dxgmms1.sys dxgmms1.sys+37dc0 fffff880`04d9b000 fffff880`04de1000 0x00046000 0x4ce799c1 20/11/2010 10:49:53
nvlddmkm.sys nvlddmkm.sys+7fefa4 fffff880`0f4b1000 fffff880`10115000 0x00c64000 0x4e391010 03/08/2011 10:08:32

Any help would be really appreciated.

Thanks.

Shaun.

Home Grown PC (been running fine with no errors for 12 months)
i7 950
6gb Corsair Ram
Asus Motherboard
Nv 480GTX
60gb SSD for Windows
1tb Maxtor
500gb Maxtor
Lycosa Keyboard
Death Adder Mouse

A:BSOD since windows update?

Sorry, forgot to attach files to above!

Thanks.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/183653-bsod-since-windows-update.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi!

Updated my computer via Windows Update today. After this i got two BSOD.

The computer was running great beforehand. Any idea what i need to do?

Help is much appreciated!

Relevancy 42.57%

So this morning Windows updated automatically when I shut down, but then a little bit later when I tried to boot it up.. I got the blue screen of death. I have gotten it everytime I have tried to boot it up. I couldn't tell you what updates were all downloaded, because there were a lot of them. Now, I can't get on in safe mode and I can't get into the recovery options. It crashes when I try to get on in safe mode, and it just sits there with the mouse and everything when I go into the recovery options, but the options just never show up.

I don't know if this will help any, but the error thing says, "STOP: 0x000000ED"

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/126716-bsod-after-windows-update.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Three days ago I downloaded and installed all available windows updates Including SP for MS Office NET Framework and two Hardware updates After it finished downloading and installing updates the computer rebooted to finalize the installation But when windows resumed I had only colors one of the driver updates overwrote my ATI graphics driver And about seconds after my Update Windows BSOD causes background icons Windows Update causes BSOD and taskbar appeared while programs were still loading in the background I got a fast BSOD and then it rebooted My friend who s cable connection I used to download the updates told me that he had the same graphic problem a week ago when he ran windows update but his computer hadn t crashed with a BSOD He had fixed his computer by using system restore so I decided to do the same Since windows crashed shortly after loading I booted into safe mode and restored back two hours I then rebooted but now the BSOD occurs before my desktop loads it happens right after the initial windows logo screen with the green progress bar So I Windows Update causes BSOD booted into safe mode again and restored two days back to the tenth but there was no notable change It still flashes a BSOD and crashes right after the black screen with window s logo finishes I tried a few other things I went into safe mode and checked in Add and Remove Programs to see if I could uninstall the updates I downloaded but they don t show up I don t know what Windows Update causes BSOD the updates were called there were a lot of them but I m sure they aren t listed because it shows the install date I also went into the device manager and tried to Roll Back the Driver for my graphics card but there were no previous backups to roll back to I would connect to the net and download the correct graphics driver but Network Connections won t open while in Safe Mode I would give you the BSOD error number but it only shows up for a minute I even unchecked quot Automatically Restart quot from Safe Mode but it still reboots as soon as the error message appears I purchased the laptop about months ago from Office Depot but no restore CDs were provided I have important data on the HD but I can probably back that up from Safe Mode if necessary I was thinking that I might try uninstalling my graphics driver from safe mode do you think Windows would automatically supply another driver if I were to uninstall it and reboot It could be the faulty graphics driver that is causing the BSOD error Since Windows XP came pre-installed on this laptop I don t have the installation CD but I do have the serial number and a sticker proving authentication If I had the installation disk I could just do an upgrade reinstall but thats not an option right now Thanks in Advance for Your Help Zach Doty nbsp

Relevancy 42.57%

So, last night I restarted my computer to finish installing updates. I started it up again this morning, only to have it blue screen on me. Since then, it has happened twice more. For some reason, I think it may have to do with my USB ports? I had a USB mouse plugged in, as well as my ipod. I have unplugged both, and my computer seems to be stable at the moment.
Notice: I am not very tech savvy...Any help would be greatly appreciated!

? OS: Windows 7
? x64
? Windows 7 was the original OS
? The OS came pre-installed
? I bought it around January of 2010
? No, I have not reinstalled the OS

? AMD Turion II Ultra Dual-Core Mobile M600 2.40 GHz
? ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4530 Series
? MotherBoard Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
Model: 3639
? Power Supply - Hewlett-Packard @ 90W

? System Manufacturer - Hewlett-Packard
? Exact model number - dv7-3078nr

Hi -

Remove Zone Alarm.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

BSOD SUMMARY

Code:

Loading Dump File [C:\Users\PalmDesert\_jcgriff2_\dbug\__Kernel__\071411-20950-01.dmp]
Built by: 7600.16792.amd64fre.win7_gdr.110408-1633
Debug session time: Thu Jul 14 23:17:20.593 2011 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:05:31.310
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KiDoubleFaultAbort+b2 )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x7f_8
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x7f_8_nt!KiDoubleFaultAbort+b2
Bugcheck code 0000007F
Arguments 00000000`00000008 00000000`80050033 00000000`000006f8 fffff800`02c50e88
BiosVersion = F.11
BiosReleaseDate = 10/30/2009
SystemManufacturer = Hewlett-Packard
SystemProductName = HP Pavilion dv7 Notebook PC
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\PalmDesert\_jcgriff2_\dbug\__Kernel__\071411-18720-01.dmp]
Built by: 7600.16792.amd64fre.win7_gdr.110408-1633
Debug session time: Thu Jul 14 23:11:21.501 2011 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 1:21:35.218
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for tcpip.sys
Probably caused by : NETIO.SYS ( NETIO!CompareSecurityContexts+6a )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x7f_8
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x7f_8_NETIO!CompareSecurityContexts+6a
Bugcheck code 0000007F
Arguments 00000000`00000008 00000000`80050033 00000000`000006f8 fffff800`02c7ce59
BiosVersion = F.11
BiosReleaseDate = 10/30/2009
SystemManufacturer = Hewlett-Packard
SystemProductName = HP Pavilion dv7 Notebook PC

by jcgriff2

J. C. Griffith, Microsoft MVP

https://mvp.support.microsoft.com/profile/Griffith

www.sysnative.com

www.jcgriff2.com

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-after-windows-update-587497.html
Relevancy 42.57%

It seems after today's updates, I'm having BSODs when trying to login to Windows. The worst thing is, the updates failed to install and I get the "Reverting back" message and my PC restarts. The updates are "Update for Windows 7 for x64-based Systems (KB2647753), (KB2729094), (KB2732487), and (KB2732500)." I suggest everyone avoids this right now because after a quick Google search I'm not the only one. I've attached my Seven Forums zip file. Thanks for any help!

A:BSOD After Windows Update

Hello MCleveland and thank you for posting.

I will not dig too deep into this BSODs, because I already know what's going on. Microsoft is currently fixing the BSODs issues regarding updates as the KB2647753 legacy. Microsoft has temporarily pulled back this update and hopefully they'll release a fix, very soon.

Same Problems

Network Defend: Microsoft Update KB2647753 is broken (Fix it)
KB2647753 update problem good clear solution - Tech Support Guy Forums
Problem with Windows Update for KB2732500 - Microsoft Answers
Operating Systems [Archive] - Page 61 - [H]ard|Forum

It was released in August and should be fixed soon.

Best Regards,
Frederik.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/246713-bsod-after-windows-update.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Hello,

I have a windows vista ultimate sp1 32 bit computer. I had just bragged to a friend of mine who was complaining about vista that I had not had a BSOD in well over a year, and that my computer had been stable and was performing well. I guess I shouldve knocked on some wood. I have auto updates disabled as I like to manually check for and install windows updates. So last night I check for updates and there were two. One was windows defender definition update and the other was .netframework3.5sp1 update. So I clicked on install, and a few seconds later the screen turned black, followed by my first BSOD in a very long time. I restarted the computer and tried the updates again, and this time they worked. Below is the BSOD info. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

A:BSOD during windows update

hi maybe this will help you find the issue http://aumha.org/a/stop.php#0x9f have a scroll round to the error code you got

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-during-windows-update-343579.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi everyone.

As soon as I updated to Windows 8.1 I had BSOD issues, specifically MEMORY_MANAGEMENT. Additionally Chrome was acting up, tabs weren't loading, then my system would BSOD.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

A:BSOD with Windows 8.1 Update

Missing the systeminfo.txt report. Please check Windows Update and make sure that you have all Windows Updates. Make repeated checks (2 or 3) between reboots to make sure you have them all.

D: drive only has about 7% free space. Windows likes 15% free space in order to perform stuff "behind the scenes" without adversely affecting the system's performance. Please free up 15% on ALL hard drives (you can get away with 10% on larger drives and won't notice a large performance penalty)

MSI Afterburner (along with Riva Tuner and EVGA Precision) are known to cause BSOD's in some Windows systems (it's driver is usually RTCore64.sys). Please un-install it immediately!

If you're overclocking, please stop the overclock while we're troubleshooting. Feel free to resume the overclock once the system has been stabilized.

LogMeIn Remote drivers date from 2007/2008. Please uninstall this program immediately.

Please update these older drivers. Links are included to assist in looking up the source of the drivers. If unable to find an update, please remove (un-install) the program responsible for that driver. DO NOT manually delete/rename the driver as it may make the system unbootable! :

ElbyCDIO.sys Thu Dec 16 17:58:13 2010 (4D0A9985)
CDRTools/ElbyCDIO/DVD Region Killer/VirtualCloneDrive (elby CloneDVD™ 2)/AnyDVD
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=ElbyCDIO.sys

VClone.sys Sat Jan 15 11:21:04 2011 (4D31C970)
VirtualCloneCD Driver by Elaborate Bytes AG
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=VClone.sys

Soluto.sys Mon Feb 14 07:25:50 2011 (4D591F4E)
Soluto driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=Soluto.sys

getbus.sys Fri Apr 1 09:54:29 2011 (4D95D915)
AMD Bus Type Detection Driver from TechPowerUp (and copyrighted by AMD)
getbus.sys - this driver hasn't been added to the DRT as of this run. Please search Google/Bing for the driver if additional information is needed.

If all of this doesn't stop the BSOD's, please run Driver Verifier according to these instructions: Driver Verifier Settings

If all of this doesn't stop the BSOD's, please run these free hardware diagnostics: Hardware Diagnostics. Let us know the results and we can move on from there.

Analysis:

Code:
**************************Thu Oct 17 21:03:41.337 2013 (UTC - 4:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\John\SysnativeBSODApps\101713-17578-01.dmp]
Windows 8 Kernel Version 9600 MP (4 procs) Free x64
Built by: 9600.16404.amd64fre.winblue_gdr.130913-2141
System Uptime:0 days 0:07:41.006
Probably caused by :ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+1907a )
BugCheck 1A, {41793, fffff68000390b08, 2, 1}
BugCheck Info: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT (1a)
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000041793, The subtype of the bugcheck.
Arg2: fffff68000390b08
Arg3: 0000000000000002
Arg4: 0000000000000001
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x1a_41793
PROCESS_NAME: chrome.exe
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x1a_41793_nt!_??_::FNODOBFM::_string_
CPUID: "Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-2120 CPU @ 3.30GHz"
MaxSpeed: 3300
CurrentSpeed: 3293
BIOS Version P2.40
BIOS Release Date 04/10/2013
Manufacturer To Be Filled By O.E.M.
Product Name To Be Filled By O.E.M.
**************************Thu Oct 17 20:55:39.835 2013 (UTC - 4:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\John\SysnativeBSODApps\101713-16687-01.dmp]
System Uptime:0 days 0:00:56.504
Probably caused by :ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+1907a )
BugCheck 1A, {41793, fffff6bfffce9e00, 1, 0}
BugCheck Info: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT (1a)
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000041793, The subtype of the bugcheck.
Arg2: fffff6bff... Read more

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/33129-bsod-windows-8-1-update.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Today after multiple Windows updates my laptop started having problems with startup. I also got BSOD several times. Laptop is Dell, OS is 64bit. Updates were:

KB976321
KB982312
KB982331
KB2277947
KB2288621
KB979440
KB982308
KB979441
KB2288953
KB982158
KB982124
KB974234
KB973709
KB2251419
KB967642
KB2284654
KB980729
KB2291599

I also started to get this after startup: Failed to connect to a Windows Service

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Many Thanks for your Post could you please upload your Minidumps

See Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions For more Information

Many Thanks,
Josh

http://www.vistax64.com/windows-updates/283041-bsod-after-windows-update.html
Relevancy 42.57%

I get 2-3 diffrent BSOD;
- On Windows update (think it is on KB982018)
- On Asus PC Diagnostic and it's Stress Test

It is also not possible to run the Windows Performance Assesment tool without error

I think it is a problem with the motherboard =(
It is a brand new PC with W7 Pro x64.
I installed W7 + Asus drivers from the CD + Windows update

A:BSOD on Windows update

For your 0x101 crash, read through STOP 0x101: CLOCK_WATCHDOG_TIMEOUT troubleshtg and post back if you need any help.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/234656-bsod-windows-update.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Please can anyone help. Done chsdsk last time and solved. This always happens after windows update, what is going on? Do I disable in future and leave you good people alone? Are they really nesscesary?

A:BSOD after windows update again

Your logs are incomplete, important files are missing that we need to analyze your issue/s. Follow Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions, let the tool run until it has completely finished and then upload the new logs.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/378544-bsod-after-windows-update-again.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft® Windows Vista™ Home Premium, Service Pack 2, 32 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T5250 @ 1.50GHz, x64 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 13
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 2037 Mb
Graphics Card: Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family, 448 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 229985 MB, Free - 184432 MB; D: Total - 8487 MB, Free - 1865 MB;
Motherboard: Quanta, 30CC
Antivirus: AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2011, Updated and Enabled

I am doing some work on a friends PC, I managed to finish what I was doing and during shut-down Windows update the machine BSOD on me. Now most of the GUI interface will not load (Not technically the GUI but START menu, desktop, etc...) explorer.exe still loads, I can browse the file system and launch programs besides the aforementioned issue. I attempted to restore to a restore point but no luck. I attached two screenshots showing the issue, the issue persists even in safe mode.

A:BSOD During Windows Update

No issues I noticed in the logs that stood out to me that could be causing this issue.

Thanks in advanced BTW!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bsod-during-windows-update.1072080/
Relevancy 42.57%

I had a windows update I belive yesterday and ever since then I've been getting blue screens. At first it was while I was playing GTA IV so I thought nothing of it but then it recently started happening after about 5 mins after startup. I'm posting this in safe mode right now and will attach a dmp file

I'm starting to think its not a problem with the windows update but I cannot tell you for sure because I remember having a blue screen about a month ago but didnt think much of it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/235564-bsod-after-windows-update.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi everyone I recently built a new system like a month ago and everything seemed fine at first and then I suddenly got or random BSOD while playing Diablo but everything else was running smooth Afterward I got another while downloading something with steam wasn t even using the computer It was kind of hard to get a BSOD at that point but right now I am able to get it every time I try to update Windows I did all the updates successfully when I installed windows at first I am not sure where to start looking at I think it might be Windows trying update to BSOD when related to my network adapter or maybe my SSD drive but I am not really good at analyzing minidump so here I am Here s what in the system - Video card EVGA GeForce GTX Ti Superclocked - Ram Corsair CMZ GX M A C GB - Motherboard ASUS BSOD when trying to update Windows P Z -V Pro - CPU Intel Core i K - HDD Western Digital TB - SSD OCZ Vertex GB - Power supply Corsair TX V - Windows ultimate bits Drivers are up to date Windows is not since I can t update it anymore BSOD when trying to update Windows I also did prime torture test for like hours and everything was fine Any help will be greatly appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:BSOD when trying to update Windows

I know many of you love ASUS by why? The minidumps are all the same. Non discript... I'm running a 60GB Kingston SSD drive as a back up with no problems. The OCZ might be your problem. Is is set on a SATA 3 port as AHCI in the bios?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-when-trying-to-update-windows.182193/
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi everyone I've absolutely no clue about this I've update, after windows BSOD searched for any help on the internet but it seems something like an unique case The problem is as title says a BSOD quot BAD POOL CALLER quot this happened after a normal Windows update Windows promped me with the same quot restart your computer to install the updates quot I restarted and left my computer installing the updates When back it was on the BSOD From then on my system didn't restart on normal mode BSOD some time after the loading windows logo I've already tried just every system restore tool given by default by windows The automatic restore procedure didn't work quot the system couldn't be restored quot or something like that The return to a previous system configuration didn't work as well for every previous system point that I could choose from the list I had the same result quot the recovery procedure failed error quot After that I tryied the memory check option with no result The only thing working is the safe mode boot and I will be working from this mode from now on As suggested I launched sfc scannow from cmd The result was quot impossible to repair some of the found damaged files The details are available in the CBS Log file quot I'll attach the Zip folder containg every files from the SF Diagnostic Tool I've also included in the folder that CBS log file Too bad I've no recovery disk at all Before proceeding to a complete reset I BSOD after windows update, hope in some help on this Thanks in advance Attachment

A:BSOD after windows update,

Welcome to SevenForums.

Daemon Tools

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck C9, {23e, fffff88002f88324, fffff9800d198ea0, 0}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for dtsoftbus01.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for dtsoftbus01.sys
Probably caused by : dtsoftbus01.sys ( dtsoftbus01+1324 )

---------
Please uninstall DAEMON Tools. It uses a driver called sptd.sys which is known to cause BSODs in Windows 7. Uninstall the software using Add/Remove Programs. Reboot the system. Once the program is uninstalled, run sptd.sys uninstaller to remove the driver from your system.

As an alternative, many people recommend the use of Total Mounter or Magic ISO

Uninstall AVG: AVG | Download tools and utilities

Microsoft Security Essentials. Recommended from a strict BSOD perspective, compatibility & stability compared to other antiviruses/internet security software. It is free and lightweight:-
Microsoft Security Essentials - Free Antivirus for Windows Malwarebytes - FreeGood and Free system security combination.
Do not start the free trial of Malware Bytes; remember to deselect that option when prompted.

Run a full scan with both (separately) once downloaded, installed and updated.

Disk Check on your hard drive for file system errors and bad sectors on it:Disk Check
Perform a System File Check:Click on the start
Type CMD on Search
Left click and Run as Administrator
Type SFC /scannow
Full tutorial here:SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck C2, {7, 109b, 200042, fffffa800c1df430}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for btmhsf.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for btmhsf.sys
GetPointerFromAddress: unable to read from fffff80003316100
GetUlongFromAddress: unable to read from fffff800033161c0
Probably caused by : btmhsf.sys ( btmhsf+667b )
Go to this link: Intel? Driver Update Utility. Check the system for latest updates. Download and install all that it finds.

Reduce items at start-up. Nothing except anti-virus is required:Startup Programs - Change
Troubleshoot Application Conflicts by Performing a Clean Startup
Post back results

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/270173-bsod-after-windows-update.html
Relevancy 42.57%

I get the BSOD when windows comes up, even if I don't login. This happened last month after the last windows update. I can boot in Safe mode and able to copy the DUMP file to a USB drive (attached). I tried to download your DM Log Collector file but my Norton 360 blocks and deletes it saying it is unsafe??

Looking at several forums suggestions I loaded MSCONFIG and selected Diagnostic startup and able to login. I have done a chkdsk and no errors found on hard drive. In safe mode I tried to unintall last updates and other programs that I have updated (Malwarebytes, Paint.net. I tried to create a restore point but this gives an error.

Oh, and used Bit Defender Rescue CD to do a virus scan and system was clean.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

A:BSOD after last Windows update

Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

You can do it in safe mode with networking.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/373204-bsod-after-last-windows-update.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Mod Edit Topic split from http www bleepingcomputer com forums t post-update-windows- -error-driver-irql-not-less-or-equal Hi everyone i have exactly the same problem and it is started about days ago and because of that i didn't opened a new topic and i'm asking my question here i've done all the steps in the second post and this is my minidump files http www uploadscenter com ev pv uolep i don't know does it matter or not but i'm running windows enterprise x and this is also MiniTollBox report MiniToolBox by Farbar Version - - Ran by Tannom administrator on - - at Running from C Users Tannom Downloads Programs Microsoft Windows Enterprise X Boot Mode Normal Event log errors Application errors Error PM Source Perflib User Description Outlook Error PM Source Perflib User Description Outlook Error PM Source Perflib User Description BITSC Windows System bitsperf dll Error PM Source Software Protection Platform Service User Description BSOD 8.1 update WIndows after Acquisition of genuine ticket failed hr x EFD for template Id d -d - d - e-d ec f f Error PM Source Software Protection Platform Service User Description License acquisition failure details hr x EFD Error PM Source Software Protection Platform Service User Description Acquisition of genuine ticket failed hr x EFD for template Id BSOD after WIndows 8.1 update d -d - d - e-d ec f f Error PM Source Software Protection Platform Service User Description License acquisition failure details hr x EFD Error PM Source RasClient User Description CoId -F - D - -A BSOD after WIndows 8.1 update C D The user Tarannom Tannom dialed a connection named ADSL which has failed The error code returned on failure is Error PM Source Microsoft-Windows-Immersive-Shell User Tarannom Description Activation of app Microsoft BingWeather wekyb d bbwe App failed with error - See the Microsoft-Windows-TWinUI Operational log for additional information Error PM Source Microsoft-Windows-Immersive-Shell User Tarannom Description Activation of app Microsoft BingWeather wekyb d bbwe App failed with error - See the Microsoft-Windows-TWinUI Operational log for additional information System errors Error PM Source Service Control Manager User Description The Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service service depends on the Windows Search service which failed to start because of the following error Error PM Source BugCheck User Description x d x x x xfffff d eaaa C Windows MEMORY DMP - - Error PM Source EventLog User Description The previous system shutdown at PM on was unexpected Error PM Source DCOM User Tarannom Description BF C E - EC- - CE - C DCB Error PM Source DCOM User Tarannom Description B F E- - - DB- C D AE Error AM Source Service Control Manager User Description The Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service service depends on the Windows Search service which failed to start because of the following error Error AM Source EventLog User Description The previous system shutdown at AM on was unexpected Error AM Source DCOM User Tarannom Description B F E- - - DB- C D AE Error AM Source DCOM User Tarannom Description BF C E - EC- - CE - C DCB Error AM Source Service Control Manager User Description The Windows Media Player Network Sharing Service service depends on the Windows Search service which failed to start because of the following error Microsoft Office Sessions Installed Programs Torrent Version Microsoft Office Suite Service Pack SP SOUND EFFECT GAMING HEADSET Version ACDSee Pro -bit Version Adobe AIR Version Adobe Audition CS Version Adobe Flash Player Adobe Flash Player Plugin Version Adobe Help Manager Version Adobe Media Player Version Adobe Media Player Version Adobe Reader XI Version AMD Accelerated Video Transcoding Version AMD Catalyst Control Center Version AMD Catalyst Install Manager Version AMD Fuel Version Assassins Creed IV Black Flag Freedom Cry Version Avira Internet Security Suite Version Battlefield Update Version Battlefield Version Battlelog Web Plugins Version bl Version... Read more

A:BSOD after WIndows 8.1 update

Hi

Please try the below steps.

Download and install Win8 and Win8.1 Auto Installation Program from the below link. It will update your Ethernet driver to latest revision.

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/downloadsView.aspx?Langid=1&PNid=13&PFid=5&Level=5&Conn=4&DownTypeID=3&GetDown=false

If the BSOD continues, please uninstall Internet Download Manager. Possible involvement of IDM in the crashes can be seen in the dumps. Until the issue is resolved, please don't install any download managing clients.

Let me know your findings with next reply.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/521680/bsod-after-windows-81-update/
Relevancy 42.57%

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards

A:BSOD after update from Windows 8.0 to 8.1

Hi Dylin & Welcome to the forums ^_^,

I have analysed your dump files and below has been provided an analysis of the same for informative purposes :-

Code:
1: kd> k
Child-SP RetAddr Call Site
ffffd000`43fd3f98 fffff803`7dc04be2 nt!KeBugCheckEx
ffffd000`43fd3fa0 fffff803`7dad4869 nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+0x1ca32
ffffd000`43fd4040 fffff803`7dbe1f2f nt!MmAccessFault+0x7a9
ffffd000`43fd4180 fffff801`b1891d11 nt!KiPageFault+0x12f
ffffd000`43fd4310 00000000`00000000 xchalx64+0x11d11

As we can see from the analysis, the "xchalx64.sys" is causing the problems. It is related to your VixS XCODE AvStream. Let's check the driver date of this driver -

Code:
1: kd> lmvm xchalx64
start end module name
fffff801`b1880000 fffff801`b1df4000 xchalx64 T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: xchalx64.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\xchalx64.sys
Image name: xchalx64.sys
Timestamp: Sat Sep 08 00:11:01 2007 (46E19B3D)
CheckSum: 00577032
ImageSize: 00574000

As we can see from the time stamp, it is extremely old to work with Windows 8.1 . I would suggest you to find an updated driver for this one or remove the software.

Let me know how it goes ^_^

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/55364-bsod-after-update-windows-8-0-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 42.57%

OS - Vista Windows Win SP x -bit or x x What was original installed OS on system None Is the OS an OEM version came pre-installed on system or full retail version YOU purchased it from retailer Retail Age of system hardware years-ish Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS months CPU AMD Athlon X Kuma GHz Socket AM W Dual-Core black Video Card NVIDIA GeForce GTS MotherBoard ASUS M A -EM AM AM AMD G HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard Power Supply - brand amp wattage COOLER MASTER eXtreme RP- -PCAR W ATX V V Power Supply Memory CORSAIR BSOD's again. update, after Windows DOMINATOR GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model TWIN X - C D BSOD's after Windows update, again. Everything has been running fine since last time I posted here in May Solved Did an automatic update on I believe Monday night Tuesday I started getting BSOD's At least one per night since Twice in one minute last night Before I even fully booted up Thanks again This is I believe the fourth time i've posted here over the years I come back because you guys griff are awesome

A:BSOD's after Windows update, again.

No help so far? To the top with you!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsods-after-windows-update-again-661427.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Hello I did a windows update last night and since then I have been unable to load my Windows Professional OS The computer is stuck in a continuous reboot cycle I see the initial Windows splash prior to it automatically rebooting I tried to boot into safe mode and the behavior was the same The computer was running fine and no hardware changes or other software changes were performed at the time of the Windows update I cannot recall exactly after Windows BSOD update which critical updates were listed but there were from and I think one from I've BSOD after Windows update managed to catch the BSOD by disabling the auto reboot BSOD after Windows update It gives the following STOP error x B xFFFFF A E xFFFFFFFFC x x If I select safe mode the last driver to load prior to the reboot is quot fvevol sys quot I've tried switching between AHCI and IDE compatible in the BIOS drive configuration with no success The computer is an ASUS AP with a Pentium E Hz with GB DDR memory I have a GB Seagate ST AS as the primary boot drive I also only have the manufacturer recovery CD that will reinstall the OS but I haven't been able to find a quot repair OS quot selection on that CD At this time I'm looking for any possible suggestions that don't require me to reinstall the BSOD after Windows update OS I understand that it may come to that but I'd like to get some suggestions to try before that Thanks for any help or suggestions

A:BSOD after Windows update

Quote: Originally Posted by spankasmurf

Hello,

I did a windows update last night and since then I have been unable to load my Windows 7 Professional OS. The computer is stuck in a continuous reboot cycle. I see the initial Windows splash prior to it automatically rebooting. I tried to boot into safe mode and the behavior was the same. The computer was running fine and no hardware changes or other software changes were performed at the time of the Windows update. I cannot recall exactly which critical updates were listed but there were 2 from 8/10 and I think one from 8/24.

I've managed to catch the BSOD by disabling the auto reboot. It gives the following STOP error : 0x0000007B (0xFFFFF880009A98E8, 0xFFFFFFFFC0000034, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000)

If I select safe mode, the last driver to load prior to the reboot is "fvevol.sys"

I've tried switching between AHCI and IDE compatible in the BIOS drive configuration with no success.

The computer is an ASUS AP003 with a Pentium E5300/2.6Hz with 6GB DDR2 800 memory. I have a 500GB Seagate ST3500418AS as the primary boot drive.

I also only have the manufacturer recovery CD that will reinstall the OS but I haven't been able to find a "repair OS" selection on that CD.

At this time, I'm looking for any possible suggestions that don't require me to reinstall the OS. I understand that it may come to that but I'd like to get some suggestions to try before that.

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

We really need the actual DMP file.

If you wish to have others assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder. The procedure:

* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Start your own thread in the "Crashes and Debugging" section of the forum and attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
* Briefly describe the problem history and circumstances in the same post. Somebody will attend to your query as soon as possible.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/109092-bsod-after-windows-update.html
Relevancy 42.57%

I don?t know what to say about this BSOD. It seems to be happening lately with windows updates. Then windows doesn?t seem to want to start. After letting windows diagnose itself (with no solution) computer shuts off. Then try to restart it tries everything all over again.
I hope that everything needed is in the zip file.
All help/ideas is well appreciated
Thanks in advance

A:BSOD when windows tries to update

Your last crash was caused by Panda Internet Security. Please uninstall

How to uninstall Panda Antivirus Pro 2009-Technical Support-Panda Security

The other three don't blame anything specifically

Code:
sptd.sys Sat Aug 20 00:34:53 2011 (4E4F396D)
Remove Daemon Tools. The driver associated with it, SPTD, causes BSOD. Run the SPTD removal tool - DuplexSecure

Please run these tests and report back the results
1. Memtest86 - Run for 7-8 passes - RAM - Test with Memtest86+

BSOD BUGCHECK SUMMARY

Code:

Built by: 7601.17640.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.110622-1506
Debug session time: Fri Feb 24 10:12:31.302 2012 (UTC - 5:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:01:05.629
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for n64i1644.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for n64i1644.sys
Probably caused by : n64i1644.sys ( n64i1644+1df55 )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x50
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x50_n64i1644+1df55
Debug session time: Tue Feb 21 14:51:27.027 2012 (UTC - 5:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:00:35.979
Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiBadShareCount+4c )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x4E_99
PROCESS_NAME: WebProxy.exe
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x4E_99_nt!MiBadShareCount+4c
BiosReleaseDate = 08/27/2010
SystemManufacturer = System manufacturer
SystemProductName = System Product Name
CPUID: "Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU 760 @ 2.80GHz"
MaxSpeed: 2800
CurrentSpeed: 2891
Debug session time: Sat Feb 18 11:51:47.640 2012 (UTC - 5:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:06:50.530
Probably caused by : csrss.exe
PROCESS_NAME: csrss.exe
EXCEPTION_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000096 - {EXCEPTION} Privileged instruction.
BUGCHECK_STR: 0xF4_C0000096
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0xF4_C0000096_IMAGE_csrss.exe
Debug session time: Thu Jan 19 09:56:07.644 2012 (UTC - 5:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 3:36:55.597
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for ndiswan.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for ndiswan.sys
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x9F
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x9F_3_IMAGE_ntkrnlmp

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/216094-bsod-when-windows-tries-update.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Hiya
Since Windows updated itself (around mid April) I've been getting BSOD pretty constantly. Sometimes the pc is fine for hours, other times I get 3 in the space of 10 minutes. Ive updated the video card and network drivers as bluescreenview identified those as the problem, but alas it is still happening . Any help would be greatly appreciated! I've also run check disk and memory diagnotics which revealed nothing.

Harry

My Pc specs
Win 7 Professional 64 bit
4 GB RAM
nvidia gtx 8800
realtek hd audio

A:BSOD since Windows update

Any ideas?
Be much appreciated!

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/159865-bsod-since-windows-update.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Hello working on A Dell Inspiron 570 Desktop and All was well until I try to install windows updates.. It crashes with the Error *** STOP:0x0000003B (0x00000000c0000005, 0xFFFFF80002BA8614, 0xFFFFF88004E2BFA0, 0X0000000000000000) any thoughts? THANKS in advance..

Relevancy 42.57%

Hi all,

I got a BSOD during a windows update (I think it was something related to .net 4).
Since then when I start windows it gets to the loading bar with windows logo over it but then I get a black screen, same thing for safe mode. I have tried to repair with a win 7 installation disk but it fails, I tried to do a systeme restore after that but it failed too.

I have access to an old working partition (which I cloned onto my SSD a couple month ago)

What are my other option ?

A:Windows fail to start after windows update / BSOD

A clean install.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/219455-windows-fail-start-after-windows-update-bsod.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Hi there,

Just bought an upgrade to RAM, graphics, processor and motherboard this week and have been having problems with it since.

I keep getting BSOD whether is be memory_management, NTFS.sys , or usbhub.sys. on clean installs on a range of new and old hard drives.

I have run memtest and is gave and error first time but haven't been able to replicate the error since.

System spec is currently:

Asus p8p67 LE
i5-2500K
Nvidia 8800GTS 640MB (haven't installed HD6850 yet)
4GB RAM Corsair XMS3 2x2GB CMX4GX3MA1600C9 xmp
Toughpower 650W
WD 640GB HDD/ 2TB EARS/2TB EAXS

attached is dump file. any ideas what is going wrong?

A:BSOD on clean install of windows 7 and windows update

Hi.

Run Disk Check
Check the Automatically fix file system errors box.
Check the Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors box

Run SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

Run RAM - Test with Memtest86+
Finish and post back with results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/193051-bsod-clean-install-windows-7-windows-update.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I had a few issues before this, namely after the 'welcome' screen it would load to a black screen and a cursor and freeze there. So I have recently re-installed Windows. (mentioning this because I'm not sure if the two incidents could be related.)

System was fine for about half an hour after the mandatory windows updates. Can't think of anything out of the ordinary that I was doing when the first BSOD popped up, but the second one happened moments after reboot when I attempted to check for problems.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 2057

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: e1
BCP1: FFFFF80002F74560
BCP2: 0000000000000002
BCP3: FFFFFA8008151620
BCP4: FFFFFA8008151620
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\121112-31325-01.dmp
C:\Users\Jo\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-52587-0.sysdata.xml

A:BSOD Issue after windows update.

Welcome to SevenForums.

Please uninstall the following programs:

Code:
Start Menu\Programs\avast! EasyPass Public:Start Menu\Programs\avast! EasyPass Public
Start Menu\Programs\avast! Free Antivirus Public:Start Menu\Programs\avast! Free Antivirus Public
Start Menu\Programs\McAfee Public:Start Menu\Programs\McAfee Public
Start Menu\Programs\PC Tools Utilities Public:Start Menu\Programs\PC Tools Utilities Public

McAfee is a frequent cause of BSOD-s, consider uninstalling it with the McAfee Removal Tool and replace with Microsoft Security Essentials at least to test.How to uninstall or reinstall supported McAfee products using the Consumer Products Removal tool (MCPR)
McAfee Removal Tool - McAfee Uninstaller
avast! Uninstall Utility | Download aswClear for avast! Removal
Uninstall PC tools with the free version of Revo uninstaller. (Use advanced mode so that it allows you to clear registry leftovers of the programs)Download Revo Uninstaller Freeware - Free and Full Download - Uninstall software, remove programs, solve uninstall problems
Free up the start-up, nothing except the antivirus is usually needed:Startup Programs - Change
Troubleshoot Application Conflicts by Performing a Clean Startup
You're actually having 3 antivirus programs on your system. That would create allot of conflict. is it bad to run multiple antivirus programs?

Quote:
MSE is recommended from a strict BSOD perspective, compatibility & stability compared to other antiviruses/internet security software:-1. Microsoft Security Essentials - Free Antivirus for Windows
2. Malwarebytes - Free
3. Good and Free system security combination.
Do not start the free trial of Malware Bytes; remember to deselect that option when prompted.

Run a full scan with both (separately) once downloaded, installed and updated.

Run the System File Checker. It allows the user to scan for and restore corruptions in Windows system files.1. Click on the
2. Type CMD on Search
3. Left click and Run as Administrator
4. Type SFC /scannow
Full tutorial here:SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker
Run Disk Check on your hard disk for file system errors and bad sectors on it:Disk Check
Make scans with the following:

-Kaspersky TDSSKiller Anti-rootkit utility TDSSKiller
-ESET online scannerFree Online Virus Scanner | ESET
Upload a screenshot of your hard disk using crystal disk info and summary tab using speccy:Speccy - System Information - Free Download
CrystalDiskInfo - Software - Crystal Dew World
Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums
Go to this link: Intel? Driver Update Utility Check the system for latest updates and download+install them.

POst back results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/268584-bsod-issue-after-windows-update.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi All,

I am getting BSOD with irql_not_less_or_equal error after updating to Windows 8.1. The restarts occurred every few minutes.

My log is attached.

Will appreciate your help in finding out what is causing the error.

Thanks

A:BSOD after Windows 8.1 update (irql_not_less_or_equal)

You have 4 hard drives. What is the make/model/wattage and age of your Power Supply?

Lot's of installer errors - what program are you tring to install that isn't working?
Please don't try to install it again until the system is stabilized (and you're sure that it's Win8.1 compatible)

Update your wired networking drivers to the latest, Win8.1 compatible version.

ALSysIO64.sys Sat Jul 9 20:27:45 2011 (4E18F201)
Core Temp - CPU temperature monitor
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=ALSysIO64.sys

AppleCharger.sys Tue Nov 1 22:46:00 2011 (4EB0AEE8)
GIGABYTE On/Off Charge driver. See here for details - GIGABYTE ON/OFF Charge [br] May cause BSOD on Win7/8 systems - uninstall to test (haven't seen recently (15Jan2013))
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=AppleCharger.sys

If all of this doesn't stop the BSOD's, please run Driver Verifier according to these instructions: Driver Verifier Settings

Analysis:

Code:
**************************Wed Oct 23 11:38:15.172 2013 (UTC - 4:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\John\SysnativeBSODApps\102313-49468-01.dmp]
System Uptime:0 days 0:18:11.847
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for tunnel.sys
Probably caused by :NETIO.SYS ( NETIO!RtlCopyBufferToMdl+1f )
BugCheck D1, {28, 2, 0, fffff8000070443f}
BugCheck Info: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (d1)
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000028, memory referenced
Arg2: 0000000000000002, IRQL
Arg3: 0000000000000000, value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation
Arg4: fffff8000070443f, address which referenced memory
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: AV_NETIO!RtlCopyBufferToMdl
CPUID: "Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-3220 CPU @ 3.30GHz"
BIOS Version F9
BIOS Release Date 08/22/2012
Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
Product Name To be filled by O.E.M.
**************************Wed Oct 23 11:19:32.623 2013 (UTC - 4:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\John\SysnativeBSODApps\102313-50500-01.dmp]
System Uptime:0 days 0:06:50.298
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for tunnel.sys
Probably caused by :NETIO.SYS ( NETIO!RtlCopyBufferToMdl+1f )
BugCheck D1, {28, 2, 0, fffff80000c4d43f}
BugCheck Info: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (d1)
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000028, memory referenced
Arg4: fffff80000c4d43f, address which referenced memory
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: AV_NETIO!RtlCopyBufferToMdl
CPUID: "Intel(R) Core(TM) i3-3220 CPU @ 3.30GHz"
BIOS Version F9
BIOS Release Date 08/22/2012
Product Name To be filled by O.E.M.
*****... Read more

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/33872-bsod-after-windows-8-1-update-irql_not_less_or_equal.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi everyone I recently installed Windows Home Premium There seems to be a problem with the windows update feature which is causing constant blue screens It will attempt to download windows updates and stay at quot at kb quot I'll leave this for an hour and it will stay the same I go to reboot the computer and it decides to install updates that it says it hasn't downloaded I have been doing this caused by BSOD update windows for the past week to try and get all the updates for windows I have attempted BSOD caused by windows update two fresh installations of windows but I'm not sure if the primary partition formatted properly the second time before installing Every minutes my computer will blue screen whenever I try to watch a video or just generally browsing on google chrome I am sure my computer is blue screening because all the windows updates haven't downloaded I noticed this happened last year when I didn't download all the updates after installing windows After they were installed all the problems disappeared Most of the blue screens have the error code X E and NON PAGED AREA I am worried by not being able to see what updates are downloading that my computer has skipped some important updates as it downloaded updates and then failed and after that only installed Is there anyway to fix this Or at least manually download all the windows updates to make sure I have them all Thank you Processor AMD FX tm - Eight-Core Processor GHz RAM GB Graphics Card GeForce

A:BSOD caused by windows update

Hello and welcome itslikecoffee mate could you follow these if possible
Dump Files - Configure Windows to Create on BSOD
&
Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

I do have a gut feeling about your RAM too but it can wait.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/393816-bsod-caused-windows-update.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi Everyone

I have tried 4 times to install the Win 10 anniversary update now. Each time I get 'Kernel data inpage error' BSOD after about 30% into the final update stage. Then it reverts back. Memory Dumped attached..DESKTOP-TOHQ8MJ-05_08_2016__13545_88.zip

Have tried removing antivirus
Have tried restting bios defaults (no overclocking)

Win 10 is on installed on a Samsung SM951 SSd in case its relevant.

Please help

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/58803-bsod-during-windows-10-anniversary-update.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hello guys,

I have installed windows 8.1 Update 1 after lots of issues and now this update has become a nightmare now .I have been getting BSOD from them when I play some game (Steam Dota ) most of times was getting this BSOD

KERNAL DATA INPAGE ERROR ( volmgmrx.sys)

Please check my mini dump .

A:BSOD's after windows 8.1 Update 1 install

Please provide this information so we can provide a complete analysis (from the Pinned Topic at the top of the forum): Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions Please use Option 1 as it provides Event Viewer logs.

If you ran the app previously, please let us know (as it didn't collect all of the needed reports).

Please make sure that you have ALL available Windows Updates. It may take multiple visits to get them all, so just keep visiting until it there are no more to be had.

The first BSOD is a cyclic redundancy check (CRC) checksum error.
The second BSOD is an error which specified a device which does not exist

As the STOP 0x7A error (Kernel Data Inpage Error) may have a hardware problem associated with it, I'd suggest that you start with these free diagnostics: Initial Hardware Diagnostics

Daemon Tools (and Alcohol % software) are known to cause BSOD's on some Windows systems (mostly due to the sptd.sys driver, although I have seen dtsoftbus01.sys blamed on several occasions).

Please un-install the program, then use the following free tool to ensure that the troublesome sptd.sys driver is removed from your system (pick the 32 or 64 bit system depending on your system's configuration): New link (15 Aug 2012): DuplexSecure - Downloads (pick the appropriate version for your system and select "Un-install" when you run it).
Alternate link: Disk-Tools.com
Manual procedure here: Registry and SPTD problems | DAEMON Pro Help

tap0901.sys Thu Nov 24 13:50:27 2011 (4ECE91F3)
TAP-Win32 Adapter V9 or[br]OpenVPN driver or COMODO
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=tap0901.sys

Please note the drivers below that date from before the release of Windows 8.1 (17 Oct 2013) - check to see that each and every one is compatible w/Windows 8.1 (at the manufacturer's website). If not, you must either remove the device and it's software - or locate a Windows 8.1 compatible update on the web. Removing some drivers may make the system unstable - so if you're unable to find updates, post back for info on the one's that can/cannot be safely removed.

Analysis:

Code:
**************************Mon Apr 14 14:07:11.300 2014 (UTC - 4:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\John\SysnativeBSODApps\041414-28156-01.dmp]
Built by: 9600.16452.amd64fre.winblue_gdr.131030-1505
System Uptime:0 days 0:30:10.024
Probably caused by :ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+187d3 )
BugCheck 7A, {fffff6e000003a10, ffffffffc000003f, 11862d880, ffffc00000742018}
BugCheck Info: KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR (7a)
Arguments:
Arg1: fffff6e000003a10, lock type that was held (value 1,2,3, or PTE address)
Arg2: ffffffffc000003f, error status (normally i/o status code)
Arg3: 000000011862d880, current process (virtual address for lock type 3, or PTE)
Arg4: ffffc00000742018, virtual address that could not be in-paged (or PTE contents if arg1 is a PTE address)
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x7a_c000003f
PROCESS_NAME: plugin-contain
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x7a_c000003f_nt!_??_::FNODOBFM::_string_
BIOS Version F6
BIOS Release Date 01/09/2014
Product Name GA-78LMT-S2
**************************Mon Apr 14 13:36:16.277 2014 (UTC - 4:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\John\SysnativeBSODApps\041414-46000-01.dmp]
Built by: 9600.16452.amd64fre.... Read more

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/44553-bsods-after-windows-8-1-update-1-install.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hello and greeting,

Recently my laptop always got into BSOD after windows update. I'm not sure what happen and the real cause of the problem.
attached together is the dump file. i hope someone can help me solve this problem.. thanks

5ICE312_LP_20_10_2015_10_16_04_PM.zip

A:BSOD everytime after windows update

Hi 5ice312,

Remove the Adobe bypass before we proceed.

Code:
127.0.0.1 activate.adobe.com
127.0.0.1 practivate.adobe.com
127.0.0.1 lmlicenses.wip4.adobe.com
127.0.0.1 lm.licenses.adobe.com

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/71788-bsod-everytime-after-windows-update.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi there,

So in the past days ive been trying to install the Windows 10 Anniversary update from my current 1511 version.
I've tried multiple methods (windows 10 media creation tool,...) but none of them succesfully got me past 70%.
The update goes all the way untill 70% than i get a BSOD wich unfortunitly i never could read because of doing other things while the update was going. So i have no error code to provide.
Windows revert back to previous version after BSOD.

I've already uninstalled all possible virtual drives & such.

I have provided my DM log Collecter file here too.

StreakArrow

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/59328-windows-10-anniversary-update-bsod-70-a.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi I purchased a new PC today spec below and after booting it up for the first time and attempting to perform some windows updates to IE) run trying update when BSOD (or occasionally windows with I found that some updates were failing to install with no clear reasoning as to why After this I quite often get BSOD when loading windows update seems to centre round NET installations trying to update drivers primarily graphics and occasionally just randomly with no discernable pattern I have attempted various fixes posted on the net for this type of error including some tools from the microsoft website which also failed to complete I attach a zipped copy of the dmp files in line with your posting policy in the hope that someone can point me in the right direction This was a Christmas gift BSOD when trying to run windows update (or occasionally with IE) and it would be heartening to be able to resolve this issue without having to send the entire machine back Should you require any more info BSOD when trying to run windows update (or occasionally with IE) just ask and I will post Thanks B SPEC Intel Core I GHz GB RAM MSI MS- Mainboard NVIDIA GTX Win Home Premium

A:BSOD when trying to run windows update (or occasionally with IE)

Welcome to SevenForums.

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 1A, {41790, fffffa8000c8ed70, ffff, 0}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+35054 )

---------

0: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

MEMORY_MANAGEMENT (1a)
# Any other values for parameter 1 must be individually examined.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000041790, A page table page has been corrupted. On a 64 bit OS, parameter 2
contains the address of the PFN for the corrupted page table page.
On a 32 bit OS, parameter 2 contains a pointer to the number of used
PTEs, and parameter 3 contains the number of used PTEs.
Arg2: fffffa8000c8ed70
Arg3: 000000000000ffff
Arg4: 0000000000000000

Debugging Details:
------------------

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x1a_41790

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN7_DRIVER_FAULT

PROCESS_NAME: drvinst.exe

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from fffff80002d49b50 to fffff80002cddfc0

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`0b971818 fffff800`02d49b50 : 00000000`0000001a 00000000`00041790 fffffa80`00c8ed70 00000000`0000ffff : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`0b971820 fffff800`02cca81f : fffffa80`00000000 00000000`0138ffff 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+0x35054
fffff880`0b9719e0 fffff800`02cdd253 : ffffffff`ffffffff 00000000`00a3f7a8 00000000`00a3f7a0 000007fe`00008000 : nt!NtFreeVirtualMemory+0x61f
fffff880`0b971ae0 00000000`776d14fa : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiSystemServiceCopyEnd+0x13
00000000`00a3f728 00000000`00000000 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : 0x776d14fa

STACK_COMMAND: kb

FOLLOWUP_IP:
nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+35054
fffff800`02d49b50 cc int 3

SYMBOL_STACK_INDEX: 1

SYMBOL_NAME: nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+35054

FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: nt

IMAGE_NAME: ntkrnlmp.exe

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 503f82be

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x1a_41790_nt!_??_::FNODOBFM::_string_+35054

BUCKET_ID: X64_0x1a_41790_nt!_??_::FNODOBFM::_string_+35054

---------
Perform Memtest.

Take memtest. Run for 8 passes and test each stick in a know good slot for an additional 6 passes.
RAM - Test with Memtest86+

Quote:
The goal is to test all the RAM sticks and all the motherboard slots.

Check your motherboard manual to ensure the RAM sticks are in the recommended motherboard slots. Some motherboards have very specific slots required for the number of RAM sticks installed.

If you get errors, stop the test and continue with the next step.

1. Remove all but one stick of RAM from your computer (this will be RAM stick #1), and run Memtest86 again, for 7 passes. *Be sure to note the RAM stick, use a piece of tape with a number, and note the motherboard slot.
If this stick passes the test then go to step #3.

2. If RAM stick #1 has errors, repeat the test with RAM stick #2 in the same motherboard slot. *If RAM stick #2 passes, this indicates that RAM stick #1 may be bad. If you want to be absolute... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/270692-bsod-when-trying-run-windows-update-occasionally-ie.html
Relevancy 42.14%

and did something where I couldn't get into Vista. The problem resulted in boot manager failing to find OS Loader. This basically ruined my computer and I had to take it to a shop where they had to reformat. I lost all my data and programs that I had for the past three years. I am very pissed that the updates caused all this. I know I'm not the only one that has experienced this so why does Microsoft or whoever that's creating these updates do this? Don't they know they are messing up many people's lives? Or do they know but they don't care?

Anyway, my suggestion is to disable automatic Windows Updates and don't even update period. The updates can ruin your computer and your life...

A:Windows Update resulted in BSOD...

I agree to the very end of your post. Yes, turn off automatic, but do it manually; one at a time. When an update requires a restart there is a conflict if many require the same. Install one or two at a time and you will not have problems.

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/284584-windows-update-resulted-bsod.html
Relevancy 42.14%

After installing windows ultimate bit on my new computer first one i've ever built it had around updates to do Trying to do these all at once just had it stuck on downloading so I started doing them or so at a time which was fine until one point I think I must've installed another update from AMD BSOD Update Windows problem? gfx card drivers at the same time and it didn't like it - whenever I restart I BSOD just after while configuring updates happens before the login bit Thought ah well booted in safe mode said 'reverting update changes' and restarted - SAME PROBLEM UPON REBOOT Now i'm trying safe mode again and it's just stuck on 'Please Wait' with the windows loading circle going round and round Again the bit that usually configures updates just before logging in Quite stuck my DVD drive is decrepit and took ages to get my install to work in the first place Any quick Windows Update BSOD problem? ideas Z -AP-D MB i k processor GB kingston hyperX grey RAM Mhz Radeon HD GFX Card

A:Windows Update BSOD problem?

> IMHO...May indeed be much quicker & easier to do a clean install & start again.

Clean Install Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/207577-windows-update-bsod-problem.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Did a Windows update this weekend and the BSOD's started Getting BSOD's update [SOLVED] Windows after about one or two a night only time I use this computer though it is my main pc Tried to revert and uninstall the update no go I couldn't even find the update in the list OS - Vista Windows Win SP x -bit or x x What was original installed OS on system None Is the OS an OEM version came pre-installed on system or full retail version YOU purchased it from retailer Retail Age of system hardware [SOLVED] BSOD's after Windows update years-ish Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS Year plus CPU AMD Athlon X Kuma GHz Socket AM W Dual-Core black Video Card NVIDIA GeForce GTS MotherBoard ASUS M A -EM AM AM AMD G HDMI Micro ATX AMD Motherboard Power Supply - brand amp wattage COOLER [SOLVED] BSOD's after Windows update MASTER eXtreme RP- -PCAR W ATX V V Power Supply Memory CORSAIR DOMINATOR GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model TWIN X - C D Same as my last two posts here pretty much THanks again

A:[SOLVED] BSOD's after Windows update

Had another BSOD about a minute after posting this. Wasn't even doing anything. Just watching youtube.

ONe more thing.. I'm also having programs randomly close without warning, and Chrome refuses to load pages sometimes... It shows some blue error page with a reload button that usually works. I need to screen cap that page next time it comes up.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/solved-bsods-after-windows-update-643585.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hiya, I restarted my pc after updating windows 7 today and was greeted with a message about Windows recovering from a BSOD, unexpected shutdown according to the message. Clicking on the find solution button didn't do anything, the message disappeared is all. I'm not sure if this is part of an ongoing problem with occasional very slow startups or what. I've looked over the event log but been able to make sense of it.
I'm uploading the dump files in the hope that they are of some help to finding the cause(s).

I'd appreciate it if there's any help that anyone can offer, thanks

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/381546-bsod-message-after-windows-update.html
Relevancy 42.14%

hey,

I'm having a random crashing of my laptop resulting into BSOD. there is no signs before it crashes.
also my computer can't get any windows update to work even though it turned on. it says I have to restart and obviously I did, several of times, and it doesn't change.

I would love some help.
thank you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/389746-random-bsod-no-windows-update.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I have a Thinkpad T60 2007-4AU with Windows 7 Ultimate running on a flash drive, I used WinToUSB to install it, anyways all is well until Windows Update installed updates for a 3rd time.
Here is a screenshot of updates before I installed, this same thing happened before and I had to reinstall so I was prepared this time to catch the updates that were the culprit:

After those updates installed it rebooted and BAM! BSOD

It will not boot into Safe Mode at all, gives same BSOD, cannot do System Restore from Install disk, gives an unexpected error 0x80070057

A:BSOD after Windows Update on Thinkpad T60

Hi IceMan28,

Welcome to the 7forums.

Do you have recovery media?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/384444-bsod-after-windows-update-thinkpad-t60.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Over the last several days I have been attempting to update windows to 8.1. It starts, tells me that it is installing. At this point I have been unable to stay through the length of the install to see the point that the crash actually happens.

Sorry for the lack of info, but trying to deal with this as well as a personal matter.

Thank you in advance to anyone who can assist.

A:BSOD on DELL XPS when update to Windows 8.1

Generic advice (based on your problem description):

I've seen antivirus programs interfere - so remove any antivirus/internet security programs (temporarily) and use Windows Defender and the Windows Firewall while installing 8.1

Get ALL updates form the PC manufacturer
Then get ALL Windows Updates
Then do it all again 2 or 3 times - continue until you have all updates.
Then try again.

FWIW - it took me 3-4 months to finally be able to update to 8.1 on a new, Win8 system.

Specific advice (based on the reports that you submitted):

Your BIOS dates from 2008. Please check at the manufacturer's website to see if there are any BIOS updates available for your system. Also check the readme file to see if they apply to the problems that you are having. Please be advised that flashing the BIOS is a very unforgiving process - and one mistake can physically damage your motherboard.

Due to the age of the system, it is very likely that this system may not be compatible with 8.1 (and may even have problems with Win8). I have a Lenovo tablet (x61t) that has a 2008 BIOS and it won't work reliably w/Win8. If it is incompatible, you can either live with the "quirks", or you can downgrade to Win7/Vista in order to get a stable system.

Only 120 Windows Updates installed. Most systems have 160 or more. Please visit Windows Update and get ALL available updates (it may take several trips to get them all).

You have 4 hard drives. What is the make/model/wattage and age of your Power Supply?

Out of 6 memory dumps there were 5 different BSOD error codes. The differing error codes are usually symptomatic of a lower level problem within the system. They are usually caused by one of these things:
- borked (broken) hardware (several different procedures used to isolate the problem device)
- BIOS issues (check for updates at the motherboard manufacturer's website)
- overclocking/overheating - You'll know if you're overclocking or not. If uncertain we can suggest things to check.
- compatibility issues (3rd party hardware/drivers)
- low-level driver problems
- or even malware (scanned for when we ask for hardware diagnostics from Initial Hardware Diagnostics or Hardware Diagnostics ).

You can get a head start on the hardware diagnostics if you'd like - they are located here: Hardware Diagnostics

ctac32k.sys Wed Jul 2 04:38:22 2008 (486B3E7E)
Creative Audio Driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=ctac32k.sys

emupia2k.sys Wed Jun 3 13:57:22 2009 (4A26B982)
Creative E-mu Plug-in Architecture Driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=emupia2k.sys

ctsfm2k.sys Wed Jun 3 13:57:30 2009 (4A26B98A)
Creative SoundFont Management Device Driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=ctsfm2k.sys

ctoss2k.sys Wed Jun 3 13:57:43 2009 (4A26B997)
Creative OS Services Driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=ctoss2k.sys

ha20x2k.sys Wed Jun 3 13:59:09 2009 (4A26B9ED)
Creative 20X HAL (WDM)
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=ha20x2k.sys

ctaud2k.sys Wed Jun 3 13:59:45 2009 (4A26BA11)
Creative Audio Driver (WDM)
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=ctaud2k.sys

ctprxy2k.sys Wed Jun 3 13:59:48 2009 (4A26BA14)
Creative Audio Driver (WDM)
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=ctprxy2k.sys

CTEXFIFX.SYS Wed Jun 3 14:01:00 2009 (4A26BA5C)
Creative sound card driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=CTEXFIFX.SYS

CT20XUT.SYS Wed Jun 3 14:01:05 2009 (4A26BA61)
Creative sound card driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=CT20XUT.SYS

CTH... Read more

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/42960-bsod-dell-xps-when-update-windows-8-1-a.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hello,
Right after restarting the windows for completing the windows update, BSOD happend.
The updates were for Office 2013 and also there is an update which won't install and published yesterday "Security Update for Microsoft Office 2013 (KB2810009) 64-Bit Edition" and already there are lots of thread about it.
Thanks for your assisting

A:BSOD right after restarting for windows update

For the Windows Update issue, I would start a new thread here - Windows Updates & Activation - Windows 7 Help Forums

Code:
BugCheck F4, {3, fffffa800ae66b30, fffffa800ae66e10, fffff8000337e0d0}

----- ETW minidump data unavailable-----
Probably caused by : csrss.exe

Code:
0: kd> !process fffffa800ae66b30 3
GetPointerFromAddress: unable to read from fffff800032af000
PROCESS fffffa800ae66b30
SessionId: none Cid: 0278 Peb: 7fffffdd000 ParentCid: 024c
DirBase: 1e5bc0000 ObjectTable: fffff8a00adae470 HandleCount: <Data Not Accessible>
Image: csrss.exe
VadRoot fffffa800b8b4290 Vads 145 Clone 0 Private 571. Modified 1705. Locked 0.
DeviceMap fffff8a000008aa0
Token fffff8a00adb6060
ReadMemory error: Cannot get nt!KeMaximumIncrement value.
fffff78000000000: Unable to get shared data
ElapsedTime 00:00:00.000
UserTime 00:00:00.000
KernelTime 00:00:00.000
QuotaPoolUsage[PagedPool] 174264
QuotaPoolUsage[NonPagedPool] 17408
Working Set Sizes (now,min,max) (1394, 50, 345) (5576KB, 200KB, 1380KB)
PeakWorkingSetSize 8816
VirtualSize 50 Mb
PeakVirtualSize 63 Mb
PageFaultCount 118117
MemoryPriority BACKGROUND
BasePriority 13
CommitCharge 795

Code:
0: kd> !dpx
Start memory scan : 0xfffff8800c7bc738 ($csp)
End memory scan : 0xfffff8800c7be000 (Stack Base)

rax : 0xfffff8800c7bc7c8 : 0xfffff80003331ec4 : nt!NtTerminateProcess+0xf4
rsp : 0xfffff8800c7bc738 : 0xfffff80003405d92 : nt!PspCatchCriticalBreak+0x92
rbp : 0xfffff8000337e0d0 : !da ""Terminating critical process 0x%p (%s).""
rsi : 0xfffffa800ae66e10 : !da "csrss.exe"
r9 : 0xfffffa800ae66e10 : !da "csrss.exe"
r11 : 0xfffff8800c7bc848 : 0xfffff80003076e13 : nt!KiSystemServiceCopyEnd+0x13
0xfffff8800c7bc738 : 0xfffff80003405d92 : nt!PspCatchCriticalBreak+0x92
0xfffff8800c7bc758 : 0xfffffa800ae66e10 : !da "csrss.exe"
0xfffff8800c7bc760 : 0xfffff8000337e0d0 : !da ""Terminating critical process 0x%p (%s).""
0xfffff8800c7bc7c8 : 0xfffff80003331ec4 : nt!NtTerminateProcess+0xf4
0xfffff8800c7bc848 : 0xfffff80003076e13 : nt!KiSystemServiceCopyEnd+0x13
0xfffff8800c7bc9b8 : 0xfffff800030733d0 : nt!KiServiceLinkage
0xfffff8800c7bcd90 : 0xfffff800031f2e00 : nt!KiInitialPCR+0x100
0xfffff8800c7bcde8 : 0xfffff8000304e55e : nt!KiOpDecode+0xf6
0xfffff8800c7bce78 : 0xfffff80003075d7a : nt!KiPageFault+0x23a
0xfffff8800c7bd0c8 : 0xfffff8000310344c : nt!RtlpCopyXStateChunk+0x5c
0xfffff8800c7bd0e8 : 0xfffff8000306acd4 : nt!RtlpCopyLegacyContextAmd64+0x144
0xfffff8800c7bd118 : 0xfffff80003077d33 : nt!KeContextToKframes+0x83
0xfffff8800c7bd1f8 : 0xfffff800030c4790 : nt!KiRaiseException+0x1b4
0xfffff8800c7bd538 : 0xfffff8000304d9d2 : nt!MiCopyDataPageToImagePage+0xa66
0xfffff8800c7bd5a8 : 0xfffff88000ccd577 : CI!CiValidateImageData+0x343
0xfffff8800c7bd678 : 0xfffff800030a5521 : nt!MiResolveMappedFileFault+0x971
0xfffff8800c7bd6d8 : 0xfffff80003089fd2 : nt!MiUpdateWsle+0x1b2

Code:
0: kd> !error 0xc0000005
Error code: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000005 (3221225477) - The instruction at 0x%08lx referenced memory at 0x%08lx. The memory could not be %s.
A page fault was called to most likely add pages to the working set of the process, but because the amount of available pages may have been exhausted already, and no trimming took place, then the system crashed.

Run Driver Verifier to scan for any corrupted drivers which may be causing problems, this program works by running various stress tests on drivers, in order to produce a BSOD which wil... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/304527-bsod-right-after-restarting-windows-update.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi I keep getting a BSOD after a Windows Critical update I didn't get a chance to write down the error number but I was able to run the SF diagnostic tool and retrieve the latest crash dump attached If that doesn't Critical after Update Windows BSOD work please let me know and I'll repost next time it happens I keep doing a System Restore to the time before the update and BSOD after Windows Critical Update it'll work perfectly for a few boot-ups Then presumably it will re-download the Critical Update and crash on me all over again so I keep repeating the process Obviously I'd like to just fix whatever driver is causing it so I can receive the BSOD after Windows Critical Update Critical Updates without having to worry about crashing my OS so any assistance into what driver is causing the issue would be greatly appreciated Again if you can't tell from the attachment please let me know and I'll update the thread next time the computer crashes by running the SF diagnostic tool once more Thanks in advance for your help Dan

A:BSOD after Windows Critical Update

Hi darwady2.

Please follow this: How to Revert the Win7 1394ohci.sys to the Legacy Driver.

Let us know the results.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________
** due to symbol errors, cannot post teh dump output, but, it is from there ....

Code:
Probably caused by : 1394ohci.sys ( 1394ohci!IsochTx::WdfEvtNotificationDpc+21c )

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/308731-bsod-after-windows-critical-update.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Downloaded windows updates days ago They install as usual upon shutting down my computer Tried to turn it back on about hours later to do homework Immediately was taken to the black safe me gave Update BSOD Windows mode or normal mode or Windows Update gave me BSOD etc choices screen Tried every option goes to XP load screen with green load bar for a second then for Windows Update gave me BSOD a fraction of a second the BSOD appears then it s back to the black screen asking me to choose safe mode or normal etc Does the same thing every time without fail Tried shutting it down and restarting Nothing s working and everyplace I look online seems to need safe mode to work or access to my computer in order to work I ve got nothing Also I do not have the disks for Windows XP to use because it cam pre-installed when I bought the laptop and ish years ago So I m really at a loss at this point If trying to get it fixed someplace is going to run me over I may as well go buy a compact or something to get me through until I have the money for a better one I have an external hard drive with most of my software on it My free auto backup that came on it though ran out about months ago and with fall semester going on it would really be nice to get back my last months of work notes some working ahead I did with my C programming class etc -HP Pavilion dv -Windows XP Media Version -Had a virus problem occur about days before this happend but my AVG said it took care of it so I didn t think it was a problem BSOD occured right after these updates installed too so didn t seem like a coincidence I have been looking to build my own laptop sometime anyway but I wont really have the funds this upcoming spring or summer so Really would like to solve this problem soon without having to take it in or spend money to fix a problem that I don t believe I caused Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks UnseenChaos nbsp

A:Windows Update gave me BSOD

You should have made your own recovery DVDs when you got the computer.

You might still be able to make them with this Procedure ...

You might still be able to order the recovery DVDs .. see Here

If you can remove the Hard Drive .. you should be able to connect it to this Adapter ..
Then you will be able to read the Data it contains from another computer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-update-gave-me-bsod.869251/
Relevancy 42.14%

XP did what appears to after BSOD update Windows Solved: be an extensive update in the wee hours this morning Solved: BSOD after Windows update I turned the computer on to get a M message that it had recovered from a blue screen and that I needed to troubleshoot The reason I assume it is an extensive update is that Add Remove programs lists updates for IE Windows XP Office Outlook Windows Media Player and XP Media Solved: BSOD after Windows update Center Edition All entered this morning Usually only major updates are listed in Add Remove Has anyone else had problems with the latest updates If I could isolate a problem with a particular update I would remove it and reset my updates to manual until M sorts the problem out If nobody else has had problems with the latest updates I will start with the assumption that it was a coincidence that it happened after what appears to be a major update and troubleshoot elsewhere This is the heading from the page that was open when I brought my computer from sleep this morning Blue screen error caused by a device or driver You received this message because a hardware device its driver or related software has caused a blue screen error This type of error means the computer has shut down abruptly to protect itself from potential data corruption or loss In this case we were unable to detect the specific device or driver that caused the problem First BSOD I ve had since Win nbsp

Relevancy 42.14%

hi guys and girls did a critical update it was a sercurity update for 64 bit systems and it gives the bsod and wont let me log in i have tried two different system restore points and it fails and still bsod. i dont think its a virus related problem since it just happened after i did an update but will run scans in safe mode tomorrow.

any help or suggestion?

thanks -Andrew.

A:BSOD after critical windows update!!!

Pack the whole C:\Windows\Minidump folder and attache it to post.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/101697-bsod-after-critical-windows-update.html
Relevancy 42.14%

earlier today i installed the latest security updates released by microsoft along with the malicious software removal tool update. upon completion of the updates i restarted my computer as usual to finish the installation. when it rebooted i was unable to log-on. i would click on the picture and the circle would spin like it was busy but after a few seconds my screen went black and then came back bit nothing changed. after a restart in safe mode and a system restore everything is working again. has anyone else experienced anything of this sort with these updates?

A:Windows update caused bsod

I had downloaded those updates a bit earlier, and postponed rebooting, because of being involved in a TV program, but reading your question, I went ahead and rebooted. Fortunately, it didn't hang on the reboot for me, so I guess that you just got a bad download. The point at which it hung is where that it continues configuring the updates. Since you did a System Restore, I would imagine that the installation of the updates were erased, so you might try running Windows Update again and see what happens.

http://www.sevenforums.com/windows-updates-activation/45805-windows-update-caused-bsod.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Got a windows update, computer immediately crashed. I did a system restore to a time before the update, and I thought everything was peachy keen until I got a BSoD 3b even with the system restore. The minidump file is below. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

I've got BSoD before and think my drivers are updated, but I'm at a loss. Please help!

A:BSoD x03b after windows update

Your ATI drivers have been flagged.

Code:
fffff880`05cfa328 fffff880`110660dcUnable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\atikmdag.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atikmdag.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmdag.sys
atikmdag+0x250dc

3: kd> lmvm atikmdag
start end module name
fffff880`11041000 fffff880`11c88000 atikmdag T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: atikmdag.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\atikmdag.sys
Image name: atikmdag.sys
Timestamp: Sat Aug 31 01:02:50 2013 (522132AA)
CheckSum: 00BF596C
ImageSize: 00C47000
Try updating to the latest driver offered on the AMD support page.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/346699-bsod-x03b-after-windows-update.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I updated my windows 7 and it told me to restart. So i restarted it then it went to infinite loop cycle. I'm currently running this thing in safe mode. Audio device don't work and some parts, it says it's not installed correctly. Please help.

DM Collector Logs:USER-PC-Wed_11_09_2016__92702_88.zip

-Jon

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/69316-bsod-when-i-installed-windows-update.html
Relevancy 42.14%

9 days ago I updated windows, the updated looked very similar to the windows 8.1 to windows 10 (windows cumulative update). This update brought some problems with it. Since the update I have had lots of BSOD. Never before I had one blue screen. Now it looks like I am collecting them, as this damn BSOD: ntoskrnl.exe+162285 I have counted this BSOD 8 times.

I tried to fix this issue myself by updating drivers and stuff and looking over the internet. I am not able to find the problem. I am hoping the masters of TenForums can help me. I have attached the file as suggested by the forum: LUKE-di_15-12-2015_231057_70.zip.

As a little question from myself, how do you find the exact corrupted driver/problem in all those files?

I hope to here soon from the people from TenForums.

Best regards,

Luke

A:BSOD since Windows update (ntoskrnl 8x)

Please remove / disable items from the startup in taskmanager
These programs could interfere with the boot process giving you trouble and increase the boot time.

Please uninstall G Data Internet Security, choose AVCleaner in the link below
Downloads - G DATA Software AG

Code:
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for GDBehave.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for GDBehave.sys

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/33964-bsod-since-windows-update-ntoskrnl-8x.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I don't get the BSOD though. My computer just freezes up.

Here is what is going on when it happens:

I'm ALWAYS viewing or using something that uses flash or Java. ALWAYS.

This just started in the last week, and was an every few minutes problem on July 23, 2014. After not finding anything that worked to solve the problem, I finally used a restore, and that solved the problem until all of the Windows updates happened. Now I'm back to the same problem. I have attached two dm log collector files, one before I did the restore, and one from today. I have not done a restore yet today, although I don't see where they are attached so I'll guess they are...

Thanks,

Vikki

A:BSOD because of Windows update conflict?

Welcome to the forum VASnider,

Make sure your dump logging is enabled.

Quote:
Click Start, point to Settings, and then click Control Panel.
Double-click System.
Click the Advanced tab, and then click Settings under Startup and Recovery.
Check Write an even to the system log, and Automatically restart.
In the Write debugging information list, click Small memory dump (256k).
Location of Dumps:
C:\Windows\minidump

Perform a Clean boot:Troubleshoot Application Conflicts by Performing a Clean Startup
Reduce items at start-up. No software except anti-virus is required plus doing this improves the time for logging into windows:How to Change, Add, or Remove Startup Programs in Windows 7
McAfee is a known cause to BSOD's. Remove it and replace with MSE.

Microsoft Security Essentials is recommended from a strict BSOD perspective, compatibility & stability
compared to other antivirus or internet security software. It is free and lightweight:-Microsoft Security Essentials - Free Antivirus for Windows
Malwarebytes: Removes malware including viruses, spyware, worms and trojans, plus it protects your computer
Good and Free system security combination.

Warning

Make scans with the following:

Kaspersky TDSSKillerAnti-rootkit utility TDSSKiller
ESET online scanner: Free Online Virus Scanner | ESET
Run Disk Check on your Hard Drive for file system errors and bad sectors on it:How to Run Disk Check in Windows 7
Post back if this has helped.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/339336-bsod-because-windows-update-conflict.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi folks. Brand new here although I've been reading and trying to find soloutions for my problem but nothing seems to exactly fit exactly. Here it is:

I bought this laptop (Dell Inspiron 1545) in December 08. It came with Vista x64 and has performed nicely for me. With the exception of Defender updates and Malicious Software Tool, every single update for Windows, Security Updates, .NET 3.5, virtually all important updates results in BSOD upon restart after updating. I have to restore from safe mode a lot of times as the last restore point set by update also bluescreens. I have to go back farther than that.

Any ideas? The system is as it was when I bought the computer since NONE of the updates have worked. I'm new to Vista and new to x64 but have owned and used computers since the mid 80s so I'm not a total newbie...

Thanks!

A:BSOD with virtually every update for Windows

If you are having problems with WU try this ....

Using CheckSUR to repair Windows Vista update problems ? the back room tech

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/215881-bsod-virtually-every-update-windows.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Dear Friends My PC config is Intel Pentium Pentium CPU G GHz Socket LGA x GB DDR RAM TB Seagate HDD I am facing a strange issues of BSOD since last days st I was on Windows SP since more than months and earlier on Windows Suddenly my Windows got corrupted after automatic indexing process by windows in which process showed some index files corrupted and deleted After then windows cant start stuck into bootloop I formatted Windows several times but after a few hours the same condition Then I decided to backup my HDD and Zero Level format of HDD I did that BSOD Windows 8.1 on 1 Update Randam which took almost Hrs After then I decided to go again on Widows hence formatted and installed Windows Update Now again after a few minutes or hours BSOD happen again and again with random Two errors irql not less or equal storports sys or kernel-data-inpage-error I am attaching herewith my CPU details alongwith logs by quot dm log collector quot Please help me Thanks in advance

A:Randam BSOD on Windows 8.1 Update 1

66 reviews but no reply please help me ...

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/54653-randam-bsod-windows-8-1-update-1-a.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Can anyone help me here, this is not the first time after a windows update!
Every night its does this

A:BSOD after windows update 000009f

Hey there! Please follow the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/376718-bsod-after-windows-update-000009f.html
Relevancy 42.14%

As the title says.
The first time it happened, it was preceded by my internet connection droping and not being able to recconect to any Wi-Fi. The second time, it was after I set the computer to sleep. 
 DMP.zip   480.08KB
  1 downloads

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/624767/bsod-since-windows-10-anniversary-update/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hey
I have recently replaced my defective motherboard and installed Windows 7 professional x64.
everything seemed to be ok until I enabled windows update. After some windows updates were installed, my laptop started to have BSOD.
I have tried to use some diagnostic tools but nothing changed. I have also updated Nvidia driver but my system stil get BSOD.

I have attached the .zip from SF Diagnostic Tool

your help is highly appreciated

A:Random BSOD after Windows update

Quote: Originally Posted by saher611

Hey
I have recently replaced my defective motherboard and installed Windows 7 professional x64.
everything seemed to be ok until I enabled windows update. After some windows updates were installed, my laptop started to have BSOD.
I have tried to use some diagnostic tools but nothing changed. I have also updated Nvidia driver but my system stil get BSOD.

I have attached the .zip from SF Diagnostic Tool

your help is highly appreciated

You replaced a motherboard in a laptop?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/351431-random-bsod-after-windows-update.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi all,

Need some extra help here. I attempted to get the debugging tools to read the minidump files post-mortem, but can only get into safe mode, which doesn't help me. I've attached the zip of the output from the jcgriff2 app.

I'm not positive, but it may be related to an attempt to install Spanish & Japanese optional language packs to Windows 7 Ultimate installation alongside a recommended update.

Initially, it crashed during start up at the 'configuring windows' screen at 15% into it. Two system restores later to take me back two updates, and now it returns to the 'configuring windows' screen on startup and crashes at 0%. Not sure if additional system restores will do much good.

Thanks,

- Matt

A:BSOD during Windows Update Configuration

Seems to be related to your USB port/Device and your Nvidia Display drivers

- Remove any unnecessary USB device or plug it in another port

- Uninstall your Nvidia display drivers then use driver sweeper to remove leftover Nvidia files
Guru3D - Driver Sweeper

Then reinstall your display drivers: NVIDIA DRIVERS 260.89 WHQL

This was likely caused by the following module: usbhub.sys
Bugcheck code: 0xFE (0x8, 0x6, 0x5, 0xFFFFFA80067B9000)
Error: BUGCODE_USB_DRIVER

This was likely caused by the following module: nvlddmkm.sys
Bugcheck code: 0xA (0xFFFFFA800B0C1060, 0x2, 0x1, 0xFFFFF80002EDC84C)
Error: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/119611-bsod-during-windows-update-configuration.html
Relevancy 42.14%

hi guys A week or two ago I received a prompt that Windows had automatically downloaded some updates and when I shut my laptop down it installed said updates A few days after installing these updates I randomly received the blue screen of death Now my laptop is kind of old and does randomly get some graphical errors and such every so often so I just assumed it was on it's way out However after a reboot and after doing some work it got the bluescreen again At that point I just shut it down and didn't touch my laptop for about a week However due to university work and needing a computer for microsoft word I decided to boot my laptop up and see if anything had changed I've been after Update and problems Windows other BSOD using the laptop for about an BSOD and other problems after Windows Update hour now and no sign of a BSOD but upon startup I received a message saying that this copy of Windows may not be genuine It is most definitely genuine and for a little while my Avast Antivirus program refused to turn on I have been receiving a notification in the task bar for quite a while stating that my laptops battery may need replacing and it doesn't hold charge for very long but I always use it connected to a mains supply now Could all of these problems be attributed to a hardware problem

A:BSOD and other problems after Windows Update

Elmarco, I would not think it is hardware, but with computers, anything is possible. I would more think it is software. Please upload the BSOD Posting instructions Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions to here and fill out your system specs in as much detail as possible. Maybe we can figure out what is going on.
Please fill out your System Specs

Information
Your System Specs will help us to help you, and doing it in this manner will make them available to all helpers in every post and keep us from hunting for them. We ask that you fill them out in as much detail as possible including Desktop or Laptop, Model number if it is an OEM computer and all components with the Manufacturer and Model number if possible.

If you will go to your last post and click the 'System Specs' in the bottom left of the post, you will find a link to update your system specs. Please fill those out in as much detail as possible, making sure to click save at the bottom of the page. If you would like to know what we would like, you can click 'My System Specs' at the bottom left of this post to see mine. If you do not know what your components are, this will help you accomplish this task. System Info - See Your System Specs

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/365970-bsod-other-problems-after-windows-update.html
Relevancy 42.14%

After a windows update, I have started getting BSOD, "driver_irql_not_less_or_equal". I suspect it has to do with a faulty driver, although I haven't had much luck identifying the culprit. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

? OS - Windows 7
? x86 - x64 bit
? What was original installed OS on system? Windows 7.
? Is the OS an OEM version (came pre-installed on system) or full retail version (YOU purchased it from retailer)? It was an OEM version.
? Age of system (hardware) 5 years
? Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS? - Since purchase, 5 years ago, it came pre-installed.
? CPU - Intel core 2 quad cpu q9400 @ 2.66Ghz 2.67Ghz
? Video Card - Nvidia Ge foce GT 230
? MotherBoard - MBSC409002

A:[SOLVED] BSOD after windows update

One blames netr28ux.sys a Ralink RT2870 series USB802.11n Wireless Adapter Driver (you may have a different manufacturer)
MediaTek - Downloads Windows

The second from this month names USBPORT.SYS a Windows USB driver that runs the port the wireless adapter plugs into. The Windows system driver is up to date.

Code:
**************************Sat May 25 03:50:06.253 2013 (UTC - 4:00)**************************
Opened log file 'C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Temp\SysnativeBSODApps\1990\dmps\outkdOutput1.txt'

Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.12.0002.633 AMD64
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\Owner\SysnativeBSODApps\052513-27752-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

Symbol search path is: c:\symbols
Executable search path is:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7601 (Service Pack 1) MP (4 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS Personal
Built by: 7601.18113.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.130318-1533
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`02e1d000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`03060670
Debug session time: Sat May 25 03:50:06.253 2013 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:00:49.970
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck D1, {3a3c80ae, 2, 0, fffff88005babf86}

Probably caused by : USBPORT.SYS ( USBPORT!USBPORT_Core_iCompleteDoneTransfer+36a )

---------

1: kd> !analyze -v; !sysinfo cpuspeed; !sysinfo SMBIOS; lmtsmn; q
* Bugcheck Analysis *

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (d1)
An attempt was made to access a pageable (or completely invalid) address at an
interrupt request level (IRQL) that is too high. This is usually
caused by drivers using improper addresses.
If kernel debugger is available get stack backtrace.
Arguments:
Arg1: 000000003a3c80ae, memory referenced
Arg4: fffff88005babf86, address which referenced memory

Debugging Details:
------------------
READ_ADDRESS: GetPointerFromAddress: unable to read from fffff800030ca100
000000003a3c80ae

CURRENT_IRQL: 2

FAULTING_IP:
USBPORT!USBPORT_Core_iCompleteDoneTransfer+36a
fffff880`05babf86 4c396a28 cmp qword ptr [rdx+28h],r13

BUGCHECK_STR: 0xD1

TRAP_FRAME: fffff8800331b950 -- (.trap 0xfffff8800331b950)
.trap 0xfffff8800331b950
NOTE: The trap frame does not contain all registers.
Some register values may be zeroed or incorrect.
rax=fffffa8009ffbd30 rbx=0000000000000000 rcx=fffffa8007afe3a0
rdx=000000003a3c8086 rsi=0000000000000000 rdi=0000000000000000
rip=fffff88005babf86 rsp=fffff8800331bae0 rbp=0000000000000064
r8=fffffa8007bf0434 r9=0000000000000002 r10=00000000ffffffff
r11=0000000000000002 r12=0000000000000000 r13=0000000000000000
r14=0000000000000000 r15=0000000000000000
iopl=0 nv up ei ng nz na pe nc
US... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/solved-bsod-after-windows-update-696208.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi I am running Vista on an Acer Aspire M and I have encountered no problems since purchasing it about monthes ago until the other day that is Days ago I updated my computer with the most recent Microsoft Update before closing down went to my friends house came back turned has recent Update PC...Help Most Please! my Windows BSOD'ed the machine on and my computer crashed upon turning it on The blue screen of death literally Most recent Windows Update has BSOD'ed my PC...Help Please! pops up for a second or http img imageshack us img jpg then a message called Windows Error Recovery appears it gives me the option of either start Windows normally which just restarts the computer or Launch Startup Repair When choosing the startup repair there is a couple of minutes wait then the messege quot startup repair cannot repair this computer automatically quot and then it asks whether or not Most recent Windows Update has BSOD'ed my PC...Help Please! it wants me to send info about the problem or not which it doesnt let me do anyway but it lets me open a window called problem details http img imageshack us img jpg AND http img imageshack us img jpg after this I have no other option other than to click finish and this shuts the pc down I have also tried tapping f Most recent Windows Update has BSOD'ed my PC...Help Please! to boot the computer up in safe mode but this also doesnt work i have no idea what to do if anyone could help me it would be greatly appreiciated thanks in anticipation

A:Most recent Windows Update has BSOD'ed my PC...Help Please!

Start by looking at the usual causes listed in this link: http://www.carrona.org/bsodindx.html#0x0000007E

Next, try running these bootable hardware diagnostics:

Quote:

H/W Diagnostics:
Please start by running these bootable hardware diagnostics:
http://www.carrona.org/memdiag.html (read the details at the link)
http://www.carrona.org/hddiag.html (read the details at the link)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/most-recent-windows-update-has-bsoded-my-pc-help-please-461206.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I updated Windows 7 and then it started to reboot with differents error.....

its a real problem, what can i do?

i attach the minidumps

edit: it tells me that i cant upload minidumps couse they exeed 200kb...

i tell you the errors..

REFERENCE_BY_POINTER
stop 0x00000018 (0xFFFFFA8006B2,...)

PNF_LIST_CORRUPT
0x0000004E

and maybe another one that i couldn't read

edit: here the minidumps
http://www.2shared.com/file/j4p1MWTj/092010-34039-01.html
http://www.2shared.com/file/EF3PF-6N/092010-44990-01.html
http://www.2shared.com/file/USO7ZA_S/092010-46519-01.html

A:BSOD post-update on Windows 7

Please attach your minidumps to your next post using our Manage Attachments option. By the way, with your many error symptoms and the fact that 0x4E: PNF_LIST_CORRUPT is probably the single strongest error code for corrupted memory we suggest running memtest on your memory.

See the link below and follow the instructions. There is a newer version than what is listed; use the newer. If you need to see what the Memtest screen looks like go to reply #21. The third screen is the Memtest screen.

Step1 - Let it run for a LONG time. The rule is a minimum of 7 Passes; the more Passes after 7 so much the better. The only exception is if you start getting errors before 7 Passes then you can skip to Step 2.

There are 8 individual tests per Pass. Many people will start this test before going to bed and check it the next day.

If you have errors you have corrupted memory and it needs to be replaced.

Step 2 ? Because of errors you need to run this test per stick of RAM. Take out one and run the test. Then take that one out and put the other in and run the test. If you start getting errors before 7 Passes you know that stick is corrupted and you don?t need to run the test any further on that stick.

Link: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html

* Get back to us with the results.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-post-update-on-windows-7.153595/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi to everyone.

I'm having trouble with a critical update, I keep getting BSOD after is completed and then I must restore to a previous point.

I followed the instructions for using the SD Diagnostic Tool, but when I executed the application it said there wasn't any dump file. Please let me know if the information I upload is not enough.

Thanks in advance.

A:BSOD after Windows critical update

Welcome aboard.

Follow the tutorial Dump Files - Configure Windows to Create on BSOD, and upload your crash dumps at the next system crash.

If it an windows update, you may go to Control panel> Programs and features> View Installed updates in the left pane> Search for that particular update in the list> Right click on it and uninstall!

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/257861-bsod-after-windows-critical-update.html
Relevancy 42.14%

After installing a critical windows update i have been stuck in a BSOD on boot up loop. It didn't start until today, one day after i installed the update. Have tried system restore and was able to get onto windows again, but after a few minutes received BSOD loop again.

EDIT: I have managed to get back into normal mode after a restart, as i was typing this my computer froze up and the only way to get it back was to push the sleep button, really wondering what is going on..

A:BSOD loop after windows update

Security App

AVG is a frequent cause of BSOD's, please remove and replace with Microsoft Security Essentials to see if it provides more stability. Uninstallers (removal tools) for common antivirus software. Microsoft Security Essentials and Malwarebytes are recommended from a strict BSOD perspective. They do not cause blue screens on the system as other AV products do.

Microsoft Security Essentials, Free antivirus for windows and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free

Information
Do not start the free trial of MalwareBytes, unselect that option when prompted.

Update and make full scans with both separately.

SFC /scannow to check windows for corruption:

How to Repair Windows 7 System Files with System File Checker
1. Click Start
2. In the search box, type Command Prompt
3. In the list that appears, right-click on cmd.exe and choose Run as administrator
4. In the command window that opens, type sfc /scannow

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/292351-bsod-loop-after-windows-update.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I just built a new computer from scratch and installed Windows 7 Pro x64. Install was no problem but when I did a Windows Update I got the BSOD. It has also happened two more times. I have not installed anything else on this computer except for:

- LAN Drivers
- Audio Drivers
- Trend Micro Titanium Internet Security 2012

If anyone could help me sort this out I'd greatly appreciate it. I've done a few builds before with XP and had no problems.

A:New Build and got a BSOD after doing windows update

As an update here, all the hardware that I'm running is brand new except for my graphics card which is about 7 years old. It's an ASUS EN6200 Nvidia card. Could this be something that is causing the crashes?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/210316-new-build-got-bsod-after-doing-windows-update.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I've upgraded from Windows on my media centre PC the upgrade utility found nothing in particular I did an install that only kept personal files the PC only plays TV and AVI's so I don't need to install anything else I applied for the Windows Mediacenter product key installed it and BSOD causing Windows Update now each and everytime I connect it to the web and anything updates it BSOD's Windows Update causing BSOD constantly until I have to refresh windows So I've cut it off from any internet access and it seems to be working I downloaded your BSOD tool on my laptop and put it on the PC where your setup required a net update via Windows Update kinda the problem in the first place As such I can't use your tool and I don't know how to read Windows mini dumps So I've uploaded the mini dump in it's raw format I've renamed the dmp to txt so that it would pass through your filters Sorry but it's really frustrating so I hope you're ok with it Can someone have a look and give me some advise Thanks Adam

A:Windows Update causing BSOD

The memory dump blames your video drivers. Please follow these steps to uninstall the current video drivers and then install the DRIVER ONLY: nVidia Video Cards - DRIVER ONLY installation procedure

If this doesn't fix things, then try the free diagnostics for video here: Additional Hardware Diagnostics

nvmf6264.sys Wed Apr 20 18:49:36 2011 (4DAF6300)
nVidia nForce network driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=nvmf6264.sys

Analysis:

Code:
**************************Mon Dec 10 18:14:37.222 2012 (UTC - 5:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\John\_jcgriff2_\dbug\__Kernel__\11_12_2012.dmp]
Windows 8 Kernel Version 9200 MP (2 procs) Free x64
Built by: 9200.16384.amd64fre.win8_rtm.120725-1247
System Uptime:0 days 0:00:28.918
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
Probably caused by :nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+8b01d )
BugCheck 1000007E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff88004f1301d, fffff880041a95a8, fffff880041a8de0}
Arguments:
Arg2: fffff88004f1301d, The address that the exception occurred at
Arg3: fffff880041a95a8, Exception Record Address
Arg4: fffff880041a8de0, Context Record Address
PROCESS_NAME: csrss.exe
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: NULL_DEREFERENCE
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: AV_nvlddmkm+8b01d
CPUID: "Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU E3200 @ 2.40GHz"
MaxSpeed: 2400
CurrentSpeed: 2400
BIOS Version P01-A2
BIOS Release Date 09/24/2009
Manufacturer Packard Bell
Product Name imedia S3720

3rd Party Drivers:
The following is for information purposes only.
Any drivers in red should be updated or removed from your system. And should have been discussed in the body of my post.

Code:
**************************Mon Dec 10 18:14:37.222 2012 (UTC - 5:00)**************************
nvmf6264.sys Wed Apr 20 18:49:36 2011 (4DAF6300)
intelppm.sys Wed Jul 25 22:26:48 2012 (5010AAE8)
usbcir.sys Wed Jul 25 22:27:07 2012 (5010AAFB)
dump_storahci.sys Wed Jul 25 22:30:35 2012 (5010ABCB)
nvlddmkm.sys Tue Oct 2 14:21:13 2012 (506B3099)

http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=nvmf6264.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=intelppm.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=usbcir.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=dump_storahci.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=nvlddmkm.sys

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/15398-windows-update-causing-bsod.html
Relevancy 42.14%

seems to shut down every night, might be after windows update

A:BSOD after windows update 0x0000009f

Welcome.

The driver seems to be pretty outdated: Driver Reference Table

Check for an update Realtek NIC

Sometimes drivers remain and do not get completely uninstalled.

Driver Removal Process:
Download Driver Sweeper to the desired location.
Extract the files from the zip.
Uninstall the driver Program & Features - Control Panel.
Run Driver Sweeper, check the drivers you want to uninstall or clean registry leftovers of.
Link to full tutorial: Drivers - Clean Left over Files after Uninstalling

Code:
Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.3.9600.16384 AMD64

Loading Dump File [C:\Users\YUSRA\Downloads\Compressed\INGENIUS-WORKSH-14_03_2015_151940_51\031415-27768-01.dmp]

DbsSplayTreeRangeMap::Add: ignoring zero-sized range at ?00000000`00000000?
DbsSplayTreeRangeMap::Add: ignoring zero-sized range at ?ffffffff`8353ead4?

************* Symbol Path validation summary **************
Response Time (ms) Location
Deferred SRV*c:\symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Symbol search path is: SRV*c:\symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7601 (Service Pack 1) MP (2 procs) Free x86 compatible
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS
Built by: 7601.18741.x86fre.win7sp1_gdr.150202-1526
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0x83416000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0x835605b0
Debug session time: Fri Mar 13 04:25:47.547 2015 (UTC + 6:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 8:20:22.326
Loading Kernel Symbols

Press ctrl-c (cdb, kd, ntsd) or ctrl-break (windbg) to abort symbol loads that take too long.
Run !sym noisy before .reload to track down problems loading symbols.

Loading User Symbols
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 9F, {3, 8648fb58, 8353eae0, 89f5bba8}

Probably caused by : pci.sys

---------

0: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE (9f)
A driver has failed to complete a power IRP within a specific time.
Arguments:
Arg1: 00000003, A device object has been blocking an Irp for too long a time
Arg2: 8648fb58, Physical Device Object of the stack
Arg3: 8353eae0, nt!TRIAGE_9F_POWER on Win7 and higher, otherwise the Functional Device Object of the stack
Arg4: 89f5bba8, The blocked IRP

Debugging Details:
------------------

DRVPOWERSTATE_SUBCODE: 3

IMAGE_NAME: pci.sys

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 4ce788e5

MODULE_NAME: pci

FAULTING_MODULE: 8b661000 pci

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN7_DRIVER_FAULT

CURRENT_IRQL: 2

ANALYSIS_VERSION: 6.3.9600.16384 (debuggers(dbg).130821-1623) amd64fre

STACK_TEXT:
8353ea94 834dd4b7 0000009f 00000003 8648fb58 nt!KeBugCheckEx+0x1e ... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/364129-bsod-after-windows-update-0x0000009f.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hello,
Im got BSOD when turn off autocad( autodesk product)
Need help
Thanks you!
BAU-Sat_08_06_2016__82902_92.zip

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/58999-bsod-windows-10-anniversary-update.html
Relevancy 42.14%

My OS is Windows 7 Ultimate x64 Full Retail
I bought the laptop a year and half ago.
The HDD broke down about 2 months ago and I ended up replacing it over the break. After replacing the HDD, I installed Windows 7 a first time and while doing all the Windows updates, I encountered a BSOD after which Windows would not start properly. Fearing defects in the new HDD I installed linux, ran the SMART tool and saw nothing wrong. So I install Windows 7 again a week ago Sunday, and did not do all the updates because I was on slow internet. I just did the Windows update a few hours ago and after restarting this BSOD occurred.

Please help me figure out if there is something seriously wrong with my laptop, thanks.

A:BSOD after restarting for Windows update

Code:

Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.12.0002.633 AMD64

Loading Dump File [J:\BSODDmpFiles\oxnume\Windows_NT6_BSOD_jcgriff2\012412-25927-01.dmp]

Symbol search path is: SRV*c:\users\mike\documents\symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7601 (Service Pack 1) MP (4 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`02855000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`02a9a670
Debug session time: Tue Jan 24 06:21:35.208 2012 (UTC - 7:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 2:28:49.332
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 50, {fffff96100310ff0, 0, fffff960001d65ae, 5}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\System32\win32k.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32k.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for win32k.sys

Could not read faulting driver name
Probably caused by : win32k.sys ( win32k+1965ae )

---------

2: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (50)
Invalid system memory was referenced. This cannot be protected by try-except,
it must be protected by a Probe. Typically the address is just plain bad or it
is pointing at freed memory.
Arguments:
Arg1: fffff96100310ff0, memory referenced.
Arg2: 0000000000000000, value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation.
Arg3: fffff960001d65ae, If non-zero, the instruction address which referenced the bad memory
address.
Arg4: 0000000000000005, (reserved)

Debugging Details:
------------------

Could not read faulting driver name

READ_ADDRESS: GetPointerFromAddress: unable to read from fffff80002b04100
fffff96100310ff0

FAULTING_IP:
win32k+1965ae
fffff960`001d65ae 450fb61438 movzx r10d,byte ptr [r8+rdi]

MM_INTERNAL_CODE: 5

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x50

PROCESS_NAME: explorer.exe

TRAP_FRAME: fffff8800739f3d0 -- (.trap 0xfffff8800739f3d0)
NOTE: The trap frame does not contain all registers.
Some register values may be zeroed or incorrect.
rax=0000000000003500 rbx=0000000000000000 rcx=0000000000000010
rdx=0000000000000041 rsi=0000000000000000 rdi=0000000000000000
rip=fffff960001d65ae rsp=fffff8800739f560 rbp=fffff8800739f5d0
r8=00000000fffffff0 r9=0000000000000000 r10=0000000000003000
r11=000000006f013570 r12=0000000000000000 r13=0000000000000000
r14=0000000000000000 r15=0000000000000000
iopl=0 nv up ei ng nz na po nc
win32k+0x1965ae:
fffff960`001d65ae 450fb61438 movzx r10d,byte ptr [r8+rdi] ds:0004:00000000`fffffff0=??
Resetting default scope

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER:... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/210305-bsod-after-restarting-windows-update.html
Relevancy 41.71%

After updating my Windows 8.1, I experienced a BSOD and it has yet to go away. I cannot boot into my old Windows 8.1 partition and keep getting the error message: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED

I analysed the crash dump created and it revealed that ntdll.sys was the problem but I have no idea how to fix it. I don't want to lose those files and my hard disk is all cluttered now with the addition of a new partition. Any idea how I can fix this?

A:BSOD after Windows 8.1 update. Can't boot partition.

Are you sure that it was ntdll.sys and not ntdll.dll? The difference will be significant.

There are no memory dumps in this upload. Please zip up and upload them with your next post.
If this set of reports is from another Windows installation, it may not be significant.

If that's the case (and you can't boot into the old Windows installation), we'll need the memory dumps from it in order to get started.

Meanwhile, here's what I found in the reports that were uploaded:

Only 7 Windows Updates installed. Most systems have 56 or more. Please visit Windows Update and get ALL available updates (it may take several trips to get them all).

Does your system work from UEFI? If so, why isn't it being used (and why aren't you using Secure Boot)?

The System Log file shows problems with a remote connection. I'd suggest starting with these free diagnostics (to include the malware scans): Initial Hardware Diagnostics

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/43649-bsod-after-windows-8-1-update-cant-boot-partition.html
Relevancy 41.71%

my laptop, an asus s46cb have experiment random bsdo, memtest says ram is ok, ssd ok and harddisk ok, so i supposed is something with drivers, i have already done a restore to windows 8, then update to windows 8 pro and after that with media center, then update to windows 8.1 pro with media center.

i hope you can help me.

best regards

A:BSOD after update windows 8.1 ntkrnlmp.exe ntoskrnl.exe

I'm looking at a possible hard drive error.
1) Run "chkdsk /r /f" (without the quotes) from an Elevated (Run as administrator) Command Prompt
The system will ask if you want to reboot to do this, answer Yes and let it reboot

2) Run these free hardware diagnostics (start with the hard drive test): Hardware Diagnostics

Please note the drivers below that date from before the release of Windows 8.1 (17 Oct 2013) - check to see that each and every one is compatible w/Windows 8.1 (at the manufacturer's website). If not, you must either remove the device and it's software - or locate a Windows 8.1 compatible update on the web. Removing some drivers may make the system unstable - so if you're unable to find updates, post back for info on the one's that can/cannot be safely removed.

The drivers that are struckout don't have updates available (AFAIK).
DO NOT delete them, just leave them be.

Analysis:

Code:
**************************Tue Sep 16 13:27:56.155 2014 (UTC - 4:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\John\SysnativeBSODApps\091614-22968-01.dmp]
Built by: 9600.17238.amd64fre.winblue_gdr.140723-2018
System Uptime:0 days 3:17:22.982
Probably caused by :ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+8681 )
BugCheck 7A, {fffff6e000db0ad8, ffffffffc000003f, 1f2e9e880, ffffc001b615b000}
BugCheck Info: KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR (7a)
Arguments:
Arg1: fffff6e000db0ad8, lock type that was held (value 1,2,3, or PTE address)
Arg2: ffffffffc000003f, error status (normally i/o status code)
Arg3: 00000001f2e9e880, current process (virtual address for lock type 3, or PTE)
Arg4: ffffc001b615b000, virtual address that could not be in-paged (or PTE contents if arg1 is a PTE address)
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x7a_c000003f
PROCESS_NAME: svchost.exe
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x7a_c000003f_nt!_??_::FNODOBFM::_string_
CPUID: "Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3537U CPU @ 2.00GHz"
MaxSpeed: 2000
CurrentSpeed: 2494

Processor may be overclocked!
Expected Frequency: 2000
Actual Frequency: 2494
Overclock Ratio: 1.247

BIOS Version K46CB.207
BIOS Release Date 05/17/2013
Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
Product Name K46CB
**************************Mon Sep 15 17:53:49.011 2014 (UTC - 4:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\John\SysnativeBSODApps\091514-143203-01.dmp]
Built by: 9600.17238.amd64fre.winblue_gdr.140723-2018
System Uptime:0 days 1:09:13.838
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32k.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for win32k.sys
Probably caused by :storport.sys ( storport!StorPortStallExecution+2f6c )
BugCheck 9F, {4, 12c, ffffe000a56a8880, fffff803109af950}
BugCheck Info: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE (9f)
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000004, The power transition timed out waiting to synchronize with the Pnp
subsystem.
Arg2: 000000000000012c, Timeout in seconds.
Arg3: ffffe000a56a8880, The thread currently holding on to the Pnp lock.
Arg4: fffff803109af950, nt!TRIAGE_9F_PNP on Win7 and higher
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x9F_4_storport!StorPortStallExecution
CPUID: "Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3537U CPU @ 2.00GHz"
MaxSpeed: 2000
CurrentSpeed: 2494

Processor may be overclocked!
Expected Frequency: 2000
Actual Frequency: 2494
Overclock Ratio: 1.247

BIOS Version K46CB.207
BIOS Release Date 05/17/2013
Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
Product Name ... Read more

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/53903-bsod-after-update-windows-8-1-ntkrnlmp-exe-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi Everyone Just to let all Kaspersky users know the following Dear Friends Please be kindly informed that On December Microsoft released an update - labeled KB - Optional update for Windows and Windows Servers R Unfortunately installation of this patch KIS KB3013769 on Windows related BSOD Update on PCs with some of Kaspersky Lab s KIS related BSOD on Windows Update KB3013769 products has resulted in system errors including the KIS related BSOD on Windows Update KB3013769 inability to boot their machines KB is not a critical system patch and its installation is optional Incompatibility was detected only with Windows x In case this update was already installed a workaround to restore computer functionality is available by contacting Kaspersky Lab s technical support team Also please check the workaround if you don t want to contact tech support At the Windows Automatic Repair error screen following an unsuccessful boot select Advanced Options followed by the Troubleshoot button on the next screen Then in the Troubleshoot menu select the Advanced Options button Select the System Restore button and log in as an Administrator with the proper password Select the most recent system restore point that was created before the Microsoft patch was installed Follow the prompts to restore the PCs settings to their previous state then reboot the PC Our experts are working in cooperation with Microsoft specialists to develop an update that will automatically fix this issue Kaspersky Lab apologizes for any inconvenience this incident may have caused Best Regards Kaspersky Lab Technical Support nbsp

A:KIS related BSOD on Windows Update KB3013769

...and may all BSOD computer gremlins be banished from our systems this Holiday season!

Thanks Tony! This is very important for many to know.

I might very well have needed to follow each of these steps if we hadn't, in fact, gifted our Kasperski IS key to our son whose middle name could have been "Love", and his adopted surname "procrastination"!

https://malwaretips.com/threads/kis-related-bsod-on-windows-update-kb3013769.38878/
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi all, last night I installed Adobe Reader 11 and around 30 windows updates on my Thinkpad T410. Everything was working fine until I rebooted today. Now I'm getting a BSOD on startup right after the windows logo, with this code (screenshot attached):

STOP: 0x0000007E (0xffffffffc0000005, 0xfffff88003bd6fb6, 0xfffff880009a8f98, 0xfffff880009a87f0)

Startup repair fails. Chkdsk runs fine, no errors. SFC won't run due to a 12mb pending.xml file. I've tried disabling services and drivers from Safe Mode but no dice. All my system restore points have mysteriously disappeared, perhaps related to this error in the event log:

The shadow copies of volume c: were aborted because the shadow copy storage could not grow, due to a user imposed limit

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Ben

A:BSOD on startup after windows update, 0x0000007E

Uploading output of DM Log Collector from my T410.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/354189-bsod-startup-after-windows-update-0x0000007e.html
Relevancy 41.71%

I'm having a bad night Recently I put a new HDD in my rig and started using it as my c Live BSOD Arkham update/Windows drive So I've been transferring my games and installing them from the original DVDs onto the new drive Tonight I decided to have a fresh start with Batman as I hadn't got very far with it anyway I'd already installed it so I just put the disk in and went for play in the games menu I then got the Arkham update/Windows Live BSOD splash and a drop down saying I need to log on with Windows Live I do that and another drop down tells me I need this update to Live That takes half an hour and then BSODs before completing This has now happened twice Determined to play something I opened Steam where I had also installed some games I bought Steam keeps crashing I then went for Dead Space in my Games panel and got a message saying I had installed it too many times and would have to buy a new activation code I believe I've installed it three times Needless to say I'm despondent I paid each for these games and right now I cant play any of them What's going on

A:Arkham update/Windows Live BSOD

Quote: Originally Posted by johnwillyums

I'm having a bad night.
Recently I put a new HDD in my rig and started using it as my c:/ drive.
So I've been transferring my games and installing them from the original DVDs onto the new drive.
Tonight I decided to have a fresh start with Batman as I hadn't got very far with it anyway.
I'd already installed it so I just put the disk in and went for play in the games menu.
I then got the splash and a drop down saying I need to log on with Windows Live.
I do that and another drop down tells me I need this update to Live.
That takes half an hour and then BSODs before completing.
This has now happened twice

Determined to play something I opened Steam where I had also installed some games I bought.
Steam keeps crashing.
I then went for Dead Space in my Games panel and got a message saying I had installed it too many times and would have to buy a new activation code.
I believe I've installed it three times.
Needless to say I'm despondent. I paid ?40 each for these games and right now I cant play any of them.
What's going on

Make sure you install all the original drivers for your computer from the manufacturers website as Microsoft's drivers don't always work brilliantly.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/49004-arkham-update-windows-live-bsod.html