Windows Support Forum

Sporadic BSODs, no consistent cause

Q: Sporadic BSODs, no consistent cause

Hi My computer Lenovo G has had problems with BSODs for basically the whole time that I have owned it They are extremely sporadic - sometimes it Sporadic no BSODs, consistent cause will work fine for a month and the problem Sporadic BSODs, no consistent cause appears to have been resolved and sometimes it crashes several times in a few days I had a couple of crashes recently On the first occasion LibreOffice was the only thing open but I wasn't doing anything on the computer at the time not even moving the mouse and I hadn't been for a while The second time it crashed just after I closed Firefox which I have had other stability issues with recently I posted about this once before and I thought that I had fixed the issue - Intermittent BSODs errors x c x x c x a I know the rules about double posting but seeing as that thread has been dead for over a year I thought I had better start again I appreciate any help you can give me with this I would give more detail if the BSODs correlated with any activity but they don't seem to Thanks UPDATE I googled some of the BSOD error messages and the information for BAD POOL HEADER suggests a driver issue I checked the drivers here - http Sporadic BSODs, no consistent cause support lenovo com en GB rese DocID HT - and the only one which is out of date is the Intel chipset driver This is weird because I run Intel's driver verifier fairly regularly and it Sporadic BSODs, no consistent cause hasn't picked up on it Should I update from the Lenovo page

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Sporadic BSODs, no consistent cause

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Sporadic BSODs, no consistent cause

The BSOD is caused by Lenovo EE Boot Optimizer driver, which is a factory bloatware, and should be remover.

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 24, {1904fb, fffff880089d50d8, fffff880089d4930, fffff80002eaf718}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for fbfmon.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for fbfmon.sys
Probably caused by : fbfmon.sys ( fbfmon+330f )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------
I'd recommend you to Clean Up Factory Bloatware, with a special reference to Point #13

Quote:
13. Consider a Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7 which is often better than getting a new computer considering how pre-installed bloatware can corrupt Windows 7 even if it's completely cleaned up.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/306219-sporadic-bsods-no-consistent-cause.html
Relevancy 64.93%

We tested the Hard Drive and RAM with mulitple tests and can't figure this one out so maybe someone on here could give us a hand The BSODs have changed each time they come with a different code but they all point to a Kernel failure but as we all know this is not the case Driver Verifier was also run and nothing came up Hard Drive was tested with multiple tools and all passed RAM tested with Memtest for passes and no problems found Sony Vaio VPCEB Z E Windows Home Premium Bit Intel Core i - M Prozessor GHz GB PC - RAM GB Serial-ATA Hard Drive ATI Mobility Radeon HD with MB Memory The one BSOD referring to APC INDEX MISMATCH makes me wonder RAM HDD and BSODs, OK Sporadic if the CPU hasn't kicked the bucket This is sometimes a common BSOD that comes when overclocking and the voltage is out of control Though there is no overclocking involved here in our case and we have tested almost everything else I can only assume CPU Your opinions Sporadic BSODs, HDD and RAM OK are greatly appreciated

A:Sporadic BSODs, HDD and RAM OK

Out of curiosity what antivirus do you use?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/278655-sporadic-bsods-hdd-ram-ok.html
Relevancy 64.5%

? OS - Windows 7 Professional x64
? Age of system (hardware) - Three Months
? Age of OS installation - Two Months
? CPU - AMD FX8320 - Eight core 3.5GHz
? Video Card - AMD Raedon HD 7700 Series
? MotherBoard - BioStar Group A960D+
? Power Supply - 600W

The system is less then 3 months old (prebuilt without OS).

I've done a dskcheck, 8parse memtest, updated drivers to the best of my knowledge even switching to the beta drivers. BSOD seemingly for no standout reason, happen in games, loading games, occasionally when computer is just running.

A:Intimitant BSODs (still relatively consistent)

Bump + update. The BSODs seem to have temporary stopped happening, but I do not trust this system after the headache its given me.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/intimitant-bsods-still-relatively-consistent-713633.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Hi All I built Consistent a over year. BSODs for this computer in December Since its creation I have been getting consistent BSODs BSODs occur randomly Sometimes they occur a few minutes after starting a game Mass Effect SC etc Sometimes the computer will be idling and I will come back to it to find quot Windows has recovered from an unexpected error quot indicating a BSOD I am almost sure that this is something Consistent BSODs for over a year. hardware related but I don't have extra hardware to be swapping in and out to troubleshoot the offending component Computer is homebuilt Mobo Asus Maximus III Motherboard CPU i - running at stock speeds has never been OC'd Watercooled CPU block Ram GB G Consistent BSODs for over a year. Skill Memory Newegg com - G SKILL GB amp x GB amp -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR amp PC amp Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F - CL D- GBHK PSU Corsair CMPSU- TX HDD TB Samsung Spinpoint F GPU HIS Radeon HD OS Windows Home Premium X I am running a recent version of Norton Internet Security Suite Any help would be greatly appreciated Even if you can simply point me to the problematic hardware component I can try to troubleshoot the rest Thank you

A:Consistent BSODs for over a year.

I am sure your right of it being a hardware problem I would definitely test your ram sticks start with one stick at one bank at a time and go through them all the same way. It will take a long time but it will be worth the effort to get that narrowed down and out of the way:

RAM - Test with Memtest86+

As I have looked through your minidumps everyone of them has to do with Memory Management...Let those run for at least 4 hours each and make sure they are seated well into the slots.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/184558-consistent-bsods-over-year.html
Relevancy 64.5%

Hello I've been experiencing sporadic BSODs on my home PC I'm not quite sure what is causing them they seem to occur most frequently when I'm watching usually BSODs: 0x00000124 Sporadic videos on my web browsers however this is not Sporadic BSODs: usually 0x00000124 the only time they occur I've had BSODs occur during various activities including gaming using MS Word and letting the computer idle Sporadic BSODs: usually 0x00000124 Often times the frequency of the BSODs worsens to the point that the computer will BSOD as I try to sign into my Windows user account At this point I do a hard reset which brings the frequency of the BSODs back to quot tolerable quot levels allowing me to log back into Windows As the title suggests the error code is usually x although I occasionally receive different codes Any help in diagnosing the cause of this issue would Sporadic BSODs: usually 0x00000124 be greatly appreciated I'm attaching the dump files that I acquired using the tool provided by these forums I also provided my system specs when I registered for sevenforums Thank you

Relevancy 64.5%

So, I've been getting Blue Screens on what appears to be seemingly random occasions. Generally, when just browsing the web or doing miscellaneous things. Sometimes, it happens minutes after startup. Sometimes, I can have my laptop on for over a day with no problem.
Interestingly (to me), I often see people reporting error when preforming CPU-heavy tasks like playing a game, though I never really seem to get them when doing such like gaming, hosting skype calls, livestreaming, etc.. It tends to happen when just browsing the internet. As such, I suspect it's something to do with that, rather than an individual program, though what do I know.

Earlier on, to my memory, the message I was getting was:
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Though recently, it's been:
WORKER_THREAD_RETURNED_AT_BAD_IRQL

Unsure if that's relevant.

Here's a link to my laptop model, if that helps any: qrs.ly/cs1tany

Thanks!
-Matt Zelman

A:Sporadic BSODs on various occasions

Hello Zelman, Welcome to SF

Had scan over your dumps and noticed a few things, most dumps are reporting 0xE1 errors (worker thread) this would suggest your problem is driver based although the specific driver is not singled out.

A couple of your earlier dumps complain about netio.sys driver which is windows provided so its probably a good idea to run an sfc scan to check your OS files for any missing/corrupted data
SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

Looking through your loaded drivers from a crash dump you have some very old drivers in there that really need updating as they predate win7
wdcsam64.sys 16/04/2008 Driver Reference Table - wdcsam64.sys
vcsvad.sys 16/11/2008 Driver Reference Table - vcsvad.sys
TVALZFL.sys 19/06/2009 Driver Reference Table - TVALZFL.sys
If you cant update them i would try removing them if only as a temporary test measure

And some other drivers that can be updated if poss but not critical
pgeffect.sys 17/01/2011 Driver Reference Table - pgeffect.sys
rtl8192Ce.sys 12/07/2011 Driver Reference Table - rtl8192Ce.sys
RtsUStor.sys 17/08/2011 Driver Reference Table - RtsUStor.sys
Rt64win7.sys 23/08/2011 Driver Reference Table - Rt64win7.sys
AtihdW76.sys 06/12/2011 Driver Reference Table - AtihdW76.sys

GFX drivers are also over a year old
atikmdag.sys 13/02/2012
atikmpag.sys 13/02/2012

If you want to try to force a more accurate dump file driver verifier may help, it can be used to stress out the system in the hope of causing a crash and reporting the faulting driver but if your are going to use it be sure to read up on it first as sometimes it can leave system unbootable and needs safe mode to disable it !!
Using Driver Verifier to identify issues with Drivers

You have a lot of crap in your startup as well i would try lightening the load a little especially as most of it is toshiba crapware holding backk the native performance of windows

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/291638-sporadic-bsods-various-occasions.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi,

I've been having consistent BSODs lately. I posted in this thread and the problem appeared to be an Intel driver.

However, I've updated that driver and I'm still having BSODs.

I've posted the 2 latest minidump files (minidump1 and 2) and the 2 latest perfmon/Windows_NT6_BSOD_jcgriff2 files in this message (diagnosis1 and 2).

Thank you very much in advance for your help!

A:Consistent BSODs - Please Help! Have posted all necessary log files

The dmp(s) point to ntkrnlmp.exe or ntoskrnl.exe as the probable cause. We know this is not the case, as these are core OS files, and will definitely not cause a BSOD. They are just the default files the debuggers blame when they can't see a better cause. We need to enable Driver Verifier to help pinpoint the faulting module...

- Go to Start and type in "verifier" (without the quotes) and press Enter
- Select "Create custom settings (for code developers)" and click "Next"
- Select "Select individual settings from a full list" and click "Next"
- Select everything EXCEPT FOR "Low Resource Simulation" and click "Next"
- Select "Select driver names from a list" and click "Next"
Then select all drivers NOT provided by Microsoft and click "Next"
- Select "Finish" on the next page.

Reboot the system and wait for it to crash to the Blue Screen. Continue to use your system normally, and if you know what causes the crash, do that repeatedly. The objective here is to get the system to crash because Driver Verifier is stressing the drivers out. If it doesn't crash for you, then let it run for at least 36 hours of continuous operation (an estimate on my part).

Code:

* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 7F, {8, 80050033, 406f8, fffff80002c92ec0}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KiDoubleFaultAbort+b2 )

* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 7F, {8, 80050033, 406f8, fffff80002c42ec0}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KiDoubleFaultAbort+b2 )

---------

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/136963-consistent-bsods-please-help-have-posted-all-necessary-log-files.html
Relevancy 64.07%

I have a Lenovo R Laptop that I purchased this Summer the system specs should be visible under my name About a week and a half ago I started to have BSODs at completely random times about a minute after startup some time after hitting the sleep key and when I alt-tabed in Warcraft those are the only three I can remember but there have been seven since they started Also I did not installed cause consistent Random no or with BSODs pattern anything hardware or software for a few weeks before the BSODs I Random BSODs with no pattern or consistent cause also have had messages telling me that a registry file has been restored and after logging in I randomly get a message telling me my system has recovered from a serious problem and do I want to send a report The page the report pops up almost always talks about hardware or Random BSODs with no pattern or consistent cause drivers being the cause I have run memtest for hours about a month and a half ago scanned with macafee avast spybot S amp D ad-aware windows defender and malwarebytes only windows defender and avast are installed run a disk check defraged my HD Searched online extensively with no result updated my system from lenovo and microsoft called lenovo run PC-doctor The stop errors I have received are x a x e x x a In Depth History About two days after I received my computer I installed Elder Scrolls Oblivion It did not install properly and I started to get BSODs so I reformatted and everything was fine About two weeks after the reformatting I installed Oblivion again and I started to get BSOD again I called lenovo and they had me send it in twice once for the memory and once for the graphics card system board I believe that they replaced both the memory and the graphics card system board and they updated my BIOS The BSODs that I was receiving were rather random though they were more common when the game had been played recently I ended uninstalling the game and the BSODs stopped happening I reinstalled the game and the BSODs started again I ended up just uninstalling the game and I was fine for the last month until they started again oblivion has not been installed nbsp

A:Random BSODs with no pattern or consistent cause

Those stop errors especially the 0x8E 0xA are very strong indications of hardware issues. Try running memtest again with your games uninstalled.

I also wonder if you have a heat issue. When playing games it puts a load on the GPU and increases heat.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/random-bsods-with-no-pattern-or-consistent-cause.114372/
Relevancy 64.07%

I bought all my computer parts from the same retailer months ago and ever since the computer has been built it has suffered from a ridiculous array of BSODs and hard Consistent Freezes Hard and BSODS freezing I've managed to get most of them rectified BIOS not supporting the CPU for one and have since started getting them slightly less frequently but still the same issues which are BSODs and hard freezes When I say hard freezing I mean the entire computer freezes and I can't alt tab or bring up the task manager I have to physically restart my machine Anyway I figure you may need my parts so here http i imgur com mkyF jpg I have not installed the aftermarket cooler yet figured I'd get the machine working normally first I have had a back and forth with the retailer and they initially took my GPU for testing which came back fine Then since the crashes persisted I sent my motherboard CPU GPU again and my RAM to them for testing and they claim they were all working fine together there but sent back new RAM just in case The problems have persisted Initially I was getting all kinds of different BSOD errorcodes but the last two Consistent BSODS and Hard Freezes days I've only gotten and errorcodes I am up for doing anything asked Here are the minidumps from the last day I think I may have accidentally cleared the previous ones by using CCleaner Minidump zip - Windows Live Any help would be amazing Thanks

A:Consistent BSODS and Hard Freezes

I have the latest drivers for Windows 7 64-bit for the nVidia GTX 460. I have updated my system specs in my profile anyway though.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/131519-consistent-bsods-hard-freezes.html
Relevancy 64.07%

I not back, consistent, seems random Various are BSODs made a thread a few months ago back in late June I think and was able to get help with BSODs I was having and while I think the frequency of them has decreased the system is still not fully stable I have been busy lately and just dealing with them but it's time I take care of this nonsense once Various BSODs are back, not consistent, seems random and for all I can't really say what causes them and they seem to be happening almost completely randomly sometimes when playing a game other times when I open the internet browser once shortly after booting the computer etc The BSODs have been things from irql not less or equal page fault in non paged area etc The attached file should hopefully have all the information you need I'll link the old thread sevenforums com crashes-debugging -numerous-bsod-playing-games-recently-error- xd - html but it's quite long so to sum up the important parts I did memtest which passed and ultimately ended up replacing the motherboard I then basically reinstalled everything from scratch after getting the new motherboard My system specs are up to date

A:Various BSODs are back, not consistent, seems random

Checked your latest dump which is caused by usbport.sys

Follow steps mentioned in this tutorial for a possible fix:
USB Driver - General Fix for Problems

Post back results

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/253095-various-bsods-back-not-consistent-seems-random.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hello everyone thank you for taking the time to visit this post and offer your consideration In the last several hours my main computer has been dipping into increasingly more critical instability The computer has had a number of relatively minor and infrequent issues during start-up for the last few months but nothing Windows in bit 7 BSODs Repeated consistent and 64 I was unable to work around or which were truly problematic Last night however it suffered a BSOD while attempting to load up a game Several hours later it suffered another BSOD while it was unattended In the hours since then it has suffered more BSODs on a fairly consistent schedule regardless of whether or not it is in use or as far as I can Repeated and consistent BSODs in Windows 7 64 bit tell what programs or processes are in use at the moment In addition my main anti-malware software MalwareBytes Anti-Malware Free edition has developed a persistent error since this morning It will cause an intractable unescapable hang in the system at a certain point in every attempt to scan forcing me to make a hard reset of the computer The latest BSOD at time of writing produced this error message upon start-up Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode a BCP FFFFF FC CD BCP FFFFFFFFC D BCP CFFA BCP FFFFF F B OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users Ryan AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml The dmp file will be attached to this post in a zip folder The xml file could not be found or retrieved My system information - Windows Home Premium Home Edition - ST AS SATA Disk Device GB - AMD Phenom II X T Processor GHz - ATI Radeon HD That is unfortunately all the information I can glean with my limited knowledge I can report that EVEREST Home Edition lists my Motherboard as Unknown but that and it's CPU type x MHz and System Memory MB are all the program reports in regards to the Motherboard If there is any more information I can provide please let me know Thank you again for your time

A:Repeated and consistent BSODs in Windows 7 64 bit

Hi

to the Bleeping Computers forum.

This is the error code you had received

Bug Check 0x7A: KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR

Technical explanation about this stop code : http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/hardware/ff559211(v=vs.85).aspx

Usual causes : Hard disk failure , loose cabling , buggy SATA controller driver and in some cases malware infection especially Rootkits.

Please follow the below steps.

Change Hard disk SATA cable. Also reset the power cable.

Run full surface scan on the hard drive.

Download Seatool For DOS from the below link.

http://www.seagate.com/support/downloads/item/seatools-dos-master/

Burn the downloaded ISO to a blank CD.

http://knowledge.seagate.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/201431en

Boot from the disc and run a long test with it. Report whether it detects any errors during the test. If it detects any bad sectors during the test, may offer to repair them at the end of scan. Please cancel the repairs and post a reply here instead.

Report your findings after doing the above steps. Depending on the health condition of your hard drive, i will provide the next steps.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/502124/repeated-and-consistent-bsods-in-windows-7-64-bit/
Relevancy 64.07%

Hello I'll try to make it clear and simple - I've attached a Zip with my Perfmon report and NT BSOD dump file to this post as well so if that's all you need just skip to that part Problem During internet video such as Youtube or Ted Talks and also during SOME video games the computer experiences a strange video glitch where lines and tearing instantly appear across the screen This does not interfere with any other function Video for Gaming & BSODs Consistent of the computer aside from looking terrible until I do something like close an application or otherwise call on the computer to do something at which point my computer will BSOD giving Memory Management and other error reasons I'll make a full list When it happens Specifically - Sometimes when I full screen a youtube video It's completely random as far as I can tell and might not happen all day one day but happen two or three times on another day There's no way I can predict when watching a video will cause the error - During some video games Some games consistently cause the problem every hour on average while others have never ever had Consistent BSODs for Gaming & Video the problem occur for them even with all other variables the same antivirus graphics intensity etc some low graphics games will cause crashes while other bleeding-edge games will not I wish I could be more specific but those are the only two circumstances when it's done this Consistent BSODs for Gaming & Video List of BSOD reasons PFN LIST CORRUPT x e PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA x KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED x e BAD POOL CALLER x c SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED x e SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION x b MEMORY MANAGEMENT x a REFERENCE BY POINTER x This is when I turned on driver verifier DRIVER VERIFIER DETECTED VIOLATION x c INVALID KERNEL HANDLE x Things I've done about it - Swapped out ram and run Memtest several times - removed STPD - changed windows power settings to High Performance recommended somewhere else in this forum - Driver Sweepered and then re-installed Motherboard and Graphics Card drivers to current - Lots of googling - disabled antivirus temporarily But so far nothing has made any impact or difference on the unpredictable but occasionally repeatable error For example Consistent BSODs for Gaming & Video the new Secret of Monkey Island game causes the problem within the first minutes of playing almost everytime BUT I can still play the game without even noticing for a very long time changing levels and even saving the game without any crashes I can tell it's happened because occasionally the mouse moves to the corner of the screen and I can see that it's glitched out in the exact way it is during this error but the rest of the game is flawless unlike some other games that become immediately unplayable So Ah What's wrong with it doc edit System specs are OS Windows Ultimate x CPU Intel Core Quad CPU Q GHZ Motherboard XFX nForce i SLI Memory x GB Graphics Card Radeon Sound Card Onboard Monitor s Displays LG W v Flatscreen LCD '

A:Consistent BSODs for Gaming & Video

Quote:
glitch where lines and tearing instantly appear across the screen

This is a sign of overheating or a defective GPU

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/132920-consistent-bsods-gaming-video.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Since installing Windows 10 Pro 64bit a couple of weeks ago, I've gotten consistent BSODs when waking desktop pc from sleep. Mostly store_exceptions and kernal_data_inpage errors... but others hv occurred as well.

The one common factor is that the BSOD ALWAYS occurs when resuming from sleep.

I also included a WinDBG output file since it returned an error almost immediately.

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/52994-consistent-bsods-after-waking-sleep.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Clueless owner of brand new PC, specs:
CPU: QuadCore Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600, 2400 MHz
Motherboard: Asus P5K Deluxe
RAM: DDR2 Crucial PC8500 2 x 1066 2GB kit (1GBx2) 5-5-5-15 @ 534,6 MHz
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS (640 MB)
Disk Drives:Hitachi HDT725050VLA360 (500 GB, 7200 RPM, SATA-II),
Maxtor 6Y120M0 (120 GB, 7200 RPM, SATA)
Optical Drive: NEC Optiarc DVD RW AD-7173S
Audio Adapter: Creative SB X-Fi XtremeGamer Sound Card
PSU: ENERMAX INFINITI 650W

Been getting sporadic restarts, every 48 hours or so, 8 hours of Memtest86+ didnt show any RAM related errors, a hour of Everest System Stability test went fine. No OC (eccept for RAM working at 1066, 2,2V, + settings reccomended @ Asus users forum), cooling works OK, updated BIOS to newest version. Running antivirus and antispyware regularly, defragging regularly.
Could somebody have a look at my minudump files please and offer me a clue as how to solve this problem?

Thanks,
Yayo

A:Sporadic BSODs, help needed with minidumps

Outpost Firewall is the problem. It's known to crash with the error you're getting. Uninstall it and try a different one.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sporadic-bsods-help-needed-with-minidumps.92249/
Relevancy 63.64%

Hello world,

I'm using a pretty new computer, but I've been having a lot of blue screens: 26 thus far. They seem to cluster in time; often there will be 2 or more in a single day or within a few days (as of this writing I've had two more not included in the zip files) and I started getting them within a few days of using the computer.

The computer is an HP Pavilion dm3-1030us.
OS: Windows 7 Home Premium x64, OEM version and never been reinstalled.
The computer's only about 7 months old.
CPU is an AMD Athlon Neo X2 Dual Core L335, 1.60 Ghz; ATI Radeon HD 3200 graphics card.
65 W AC adapter and a 6 cell LI battery

I don't really know more details about the motherboard/hardware, unfortunately. The BSODs haven't been terribly bad and are mostly an irritation, but it would be nice to figure out what's wrong. Any help would be really appreciated :). Thanks!

A:[SOLVED] Sporadic, clustered BSODs

Go to Device Manager and uninstall the Teredo adapters (right click on them and select "Uninstall"). If needed they will be reinstalled on a reboot (but most often they're not needed and they don't come back).

Your BlueTooth adapter is disabled. Did you do this deliberately - and if so, why?

24 memory dumps - from 28 Dec 2009 to 16 Jul 2010 (almost 7 months)
21 STOP 0x7F; 2 STOP 0x9F; 1 STOP 0xD1

More to follow this afternoon (the memory dumps are still running and I've gotta get ready for work).

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/solved-sporadic-clustered-bsods-498443.html
Relevancy 63.64%

I've had ongoing bsods for several months now They seem to come in waves I can have in one night but then for the next month It is the x d DRIVER IRQL malware. cause is Sporadic suspescted BSODs, NOT LESS OR EQUAL error which I read has to do with driver problems However I checked the event logs and the service control manager always reports the following two errors at the same time as the bsods The cozwdhost service failed to start due to the following error The system cannot find the file specified The cozaghost service failed to start due to the following error The system cannot find the file specified I did some searching and apparently cozwedhost is a exe related to zoomify which is known malware I ran MBAM here is the log Scan Date Scan Time AM Logfile mbam log txt Administrator Yes Version Malware Database v Rootkit Database v License Free Malware Protection Disabled Malicious Website Protection Disabled Self-protection Disabled OS Windows Service Pack CPU x File System NTFS User Patrick Scan Type Threat Scan Result Completed Objects Scanned Time Elapsed min sec Memory Enabled Startup Enabled Filesystem Enabled Archives Enabled Rootkits Enabled Heuristics Enabled PUP Enabled PUM Enabled Processes No malicious items detected Modules No malicious items detected Registry Keys PUP Sporadic BSODs, suspescted cause is malware. Optional SearchProtect A HKU S- - - - - - - SOFTWARE MICROSOFT INTERNET EXPLORER SEARCHSCOPES DB FA-EAFB- -A B-F D EE FA adea d c f ab dd PUP Optional MyStart A HKLM SOFTWARE WOW NODE mystarttb d c f fed cc bbd bd PUP Optional Zoomify A HKLM SYSTEM CURRENTCONTROLSET SERVICES cozaghost ccc d b e c fc e PUP Optional Zoomify A HKLM SYSTEM CURRENTCONTROLSET SERVICES cozwdhost a f cfc a dd f PUP Optional ConduitSearch A HKU S- - - - - - - SOFTWARE Conduit Search Protect d b e d ce abca e PUP Optional Gameo C HKU S- - - - - - - SOFTWARE Gameo ce a eaa a a d dba e PUP Optional InstallCore C HKU S- - - - - - - SOFTWARE InstallCore d a eafc aa ef e bd a PUP Optional PennyBee A HKU S- - - - - - - SOFTWARE MICROSOFT WINDOWS CURRENTVERSION APP PATHS PennyBee exe eaa d c f c d ee ae fe PUP Optional OutBrowse A HKU S- - - - - - - SOFTWARE OB cac a e a fe c a f Registry Values PUP Optional Trovi A HKU S- - - - - - - SOFTWARE MICROSOFT INTERNET EXPLORER SEARCHSCOPES DB FA-EAFB- -A B-F D EE FA URL http www trovi com Results aspx gd amp ctid CT amp octid EB ORIGINAL CTID amp ISID M B CF A - C- E D- F -B A F C C amp SearchSource amp CUI amp UM amp UP SP C B-CB E- DF - F- F F D amp q searchTerms amp SSPV bcd ccdf bde e de f PUP Optional Conduit A HKU S- - - - - - - SOFTWARE MICROSOFT INTERNET EXPLORER SEARCHSCOPES DB FA-EAFB- -A B-F D EE FA SuggestionsURL JSON http suggest seccint com CSuggestJson ashx prefix searchTerms e ec f e cb a eac PUP Optional Trovi A HKU S- - - - - - - SOFTWARE MICROSOFT INTERNET EXPLORER SEARCHSCOPES DB FA-EAFB- -A B-F D EE FA DisplayName Trovi search b d d b a a c d f cec PUP Optional OutBrowse A HKU S- - - - - - - SOFTWARE OB monitype cac a e a fe c a f PUP Optional OutBrowse A HKU S- - - - - - - SOFTWARE OB monitype ddb c df f b b a d c f Registry Data No malicious items detected Folders PUP Optional zoomify A C Users Patrick AppData LocalLow zoomify content e bb eeba d b cdb bae PUP Optional zoomify A C Users Patrick AppData LocalLow zoomify content cache e bb eeba d b cdb bae PUP Optional zoomify A C Users Patrick AppData LocalLow zoomify content TrayIcons e bb eeba d b cdb bae PUP Optional zoomify A C Users Patrick AppData LocalLow zoomify e bb eeba d b cdb bae PUP Optional Gameo A C Users Patrick AppData Local Gameo bfe db bfed c e PUP Optional Gameo A C Users Patrick AppData Local Gameo Cache bfe db bfed c e PUP Optional Gameo A C Users Patrick AppData Local Gameo Cache index-dir bfe db bfed c e PUP Optional Gameo A C Users Patrick AppData Local Gameo databases bfe db bfed c e PUP Optional Gameo A C Users Patrick AppData Local Gameo GPUCache bfe db bfed c e PUP Optional Gameo A C Users Pa... Read more

A:Sporadic BSODs, suspescted cause is malware.

Please post over in the Am I Infected? What Should I Do? forum located here:  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/103/am-i-infected-what-do-i-do/
Once you're free of infections (if the BSOD's continue), post back here and I'll get an email telling me that you've posted here.
I normally reply within 48 hours.
Good luck!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/586769/sporadic-bsods-suspescted-cause-is-malware/
Relevancy 63.21%

Hi all.. I recently got through a bunch of BSODs and determined it was my RAM that was causing the issue and I have since removed the faulty stick. It's been around two weeks since I had my last BSOD until just around an hour ago. Since then, I've had about 5 more, one in safe mode. I have no idea what could've caused this except maybe, MAYBE, my AC unit taking too much power and causing my CPU to not get enough power? is this a possibility? I haven't had it running since the first one, so maybe it messed up my CPU? I don't know.. At this point I'm just grasping for anything that could be the root of my issue. Attached are the necessary files, and Event Viewer logs.

Thanks.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/623676/more-consistent-bsods-including-during-safe-mode/
Relevancy 63.21%

So I've had a chronic codes, STOP more Consistent Inconsistent BSODs, and problem with this desktop computer that a friend of mine helped me build It's a Giga-Byte GA-EP -UD L motherboard system specs are listed in Consistent BSODs, Inconsistent STOP codes, and more the My System Specs at the bottom I've seen BSODs and recently a Green one and all sorts of stuff so I left it laying around for me to deal with later Now it's later and I've been trying to fix it I thought I made progress when I tried to turn it on one day and it started beeping at me When I looked up what that could be it was suggested that I try removing a RAM chip That appeared to fix the problem so I went on to order more RAM I was able and still am able depending on which RAM chips and slots I use to run Win turning off Aero on gb RAM I ran into a Green Screen of Death recently but that was while I was on just the GB RAM I actually tried taking off and resetting everything on the motherboard I could So I took off the video card all the RAM chips the heatsink and CPU Then I reapplied thermal paste to the CPU and heatsink put them back in the video card back in and now I'm here fiddling with the RAM chips Right now if I unplug all the RAM and try to boot I get long beeps and no display If I plug in of my RAM chips it will boot up entirely If I plug in a different one to the same slot I get like ish short-fast beeps on repeat I JUST bought this RAM chip too Right now it appears half work and the other two don't But I find that odd because the first two I had were working for quite a while Now it appears one of them doesn't work and one of the new ones I ordered doesn't work If I plug in the two that should be working to the first and second RAM slots it fails to display anything and after about seconds I get the quick beeps again If I try the first and third slots it boots If I try the first and fourth it also boots If I leave those there and put one of the chips I'm not so sure about in the third slot it appears to boot but I get no display Once after using it for about hours with GB of RAM slots amp I got a green screen of death while running a video game emulator NO GBA Then later I got a BSOD I had been running Driver Verifier as I'd heard might help find a cause if there was one Earlier while using it it pointed at snapman sys so I went and uninstalled Acronis which seemed to fix that But after running the emulator NO GBA EXE both because that seems to help it happen sooner and because I wanted to use it it happened again So I'm attaching the BSOD according to the sticky I ran the jcgiff thing last night so I'll include a zip of that one in BSOD jcgriff as well I think one happened over night while I wasn't doing anything as well so I'm including one that I just finished running along with the performance report in BSOD jcgriff Oh and one more thing The reason I actually had to ask for help is because I just couldn't find an answer anywhere I ended up reformatting my harddrive and reinstalling windows but the errors still occurred Granted the errors were a bit different than they are now that was around last year the first time I started encountering these issues Thanks Brian

A:Consistent BSODs, Inconsistent STOP codes, and more

SIMPLE

Symantec is a frequent cause of BSOD's. I would remove and replace it with Microsoft Security Essentials AT LEAST TO TEST
http://us.norton.com/support/kb/web_...080710133834EN

Microsoft Security Essentials - Free Antivirus for Windows

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/218648-consistent-bsods-inconsistent-stop-codes-more.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi all My computer has been rebooting itself sporadically and when it comes back in to windows it reports that it Xfire Sporadic potentially related BSODs ATI suffered a Sporadic BSODs potentially ATI Xfire related BSOD The facts are So far the BSOD Reboots have ONLY occurred while the system was idle This could just be chance but each time the reboots have occurred I wasn't using the system The BSODs reboots have been occurring roughly - x a week very infrequent The BSODs reboots have only been occurring since I installed my second to run Sporadic BSODs potentially ATI Xfire related an ATI crossfire setup I have reinstalled the ATI drivers already but the error has occurred since I did that Here is the dump from the BSOD when I reboot Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode b BCP C BCP FFFFF ED BCP FFFFF BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Basic System specs Windows Home Premium AMD Phenom II X GHZ Phenom BE x Saphire Radeon Corsaird SSD boot drive Seagate RPM internal HD onboard sound wireless lan usb Additional required information attached as well Thanks in advance for your assistance Benny

A:Sporadic BSODs potentially ATI Xfire related

I know this sounds trite; but to troubleshoot, uninstall the second 5770 and see if the BSOD's go away. All three of your dumps are nearly identical and blame atikmdag.sys, your video driver.

But before you do that, try updating the following drivers, especially the first two, through the links provided. Out of date drives can cause conflicts and BSOD's. Eliminate these potential conflicts with your video subsystem.

Quote:
L1C62x64.sys Wed Apr 01 01:09:17 2009 - Atheros AR8121/AR8113/AR8114 PCI-E Ethernet Controller (NDIS6.20), Atheros Communications.

netr28ux.sys Wed Feb 25 21:49:17 2009 - Ralink RT2870 series USB 802.11n Wireless Adapter Driver (you may have a different manufacturer). Ralink corp..

nx6000.sys Fri Jun 26 13:13:21 2009 - Microsoft Lifecam, Software Download.

If updating the drivers does not stop the crashes, uninstall that second video card and see if they go away.

Code:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7600 MP (4 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS Personal
Built by: 7600.16617.amd64fre.win7_gdr.100618-1621
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`02a4c000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`02c89e50
Debug session time: Mon Jan 10 22:37:21.477 2011 (GMT-5)
System Uptime: 0 days 5:11:25.915
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff880046ed817, fffff88007811900, 0}

Probably caused by : atikmdag.sys ( atikmdag+90817 )

---------

2: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3b)
An exception happened while executing a system service routine.
Arguments:
Arg1: 00000000c0000005, Exception code that caused the bugcheck
Arg2: fffff880046ed817, Address of the exception record for the exception that caused the bugcheck
Arg3: fffff88007811900, Address of the context record for the exception that caused the bugcheck
Arg4: 0000000000000000, zero.

Debugging Details:
------------------
EXCEPTION_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000005 - The instruction at 0x%08lx referenced memory at 0x%08lx. The memory could not be %s.

FAULTING_IP:
atikmdag+90817
fffff880`046ed817 8b4820 mov ecx,dword ptr [rax+20h]

CONTEXT: fffff88007811900 -- (.cxr 0xfffff88007811900)
rax=0000000000000000 rbx=fffffa80080fc550 rcx=fffffa800886f890
rdx=0000000000000000 rsi=0000000000000015 rdi=fffffa8008dcc010
rip=fffff880046ed817 rsp=fffff880078122d0 rbp=fffffa800886f890
r8=0000000000000015 r9=fffff88004aaf970 r10=0000000000000000
r11=fffff88007812420 r12=0000000000000000 r13=fffffa800700a010
r14=0000000000000001 r15=0000000000000000
iopl=0 nv up ei pl zr na po nc
cs=0010 ss=0000 ds=002b es=002b fs=0053 gs=002b efl=00010246
atikmdag+0x90817:
fffff880`046ed817 8b4820 mov ecx,dword ptr [rax+20h] ds:002b:00000000`00000020=????????
Resetting default scope

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x3B

PROCESS_NAME: dwm.exe
... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/137295-sporadic-bsods-potentially-ati-xfire-related.html
Relevancy 62.78%

Hi everyone I get BSODs when I start up my pc from being 'cold' It does not happen when I simply restart nor during 'uptime' even under gaming load It's mostly IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL and PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA If you happen to look at the dump files you'll see that the last entries are SPECIAL POOL DETECTED MEMORY CORRUPTION This is because I tried the windows Driver Verifier and it almost broke my pc it but only boot', BSODs ntoskrnl+1509a9 on Consistent 'cold went in a full on boot loop and Consistent BSODs but only on 'cold boot', ntoskrnl+1509a9 I could only get it out using my installation usb drive I have since resolved this I also ran Memtest for a night this came back no errors file Spacboombox-sa - - zip pc specs as read by Speccy Operating System Windows Pro N -bit CPU Intel Core i GHz RAM GB Single-Channel DDR MHz Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd Z -D H-CF SOCKET Graphics Intel HD Graphics Gigabyte MB ATI AMD Radeon R Series Gigabyte Storage GB Samsung SSD EVO GB SSD GB Western Digital WDC WD EZRX- L HB SATA GB Western Digital WD Ext HDD USB Device SSD Optical Drives ATAPI iHAS E DTSOFT Virtual CdRom Device Audio Realtek High Definition Audio I hope somebody can help me I really do not want to do a clean install if that is in any way possible regards Spaceboombox

Relevancy 62.35%

A few weeks ago I Frequent applications, and of plugins crashes sporadic certain BSODs bought x GB dual-channel RAM Frequent crashes of certain plugins and applications, sporadic BSODs to upgrade to a total of x GB GB The new RAM Newegg com - G SKILL GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F - CL D- GBPQ was a different brand from the old RAM Newegg com - Patriot Extreme Performance GB x GB -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model PDC G ELK as that was no longer being sold Both are of course DDR and I tried to match voltage timing and latency but I didn't find an exact match The new RAM worked fine for a day but would not boot the next day no video to monitor no POST beep so returned it for replacement The replacement RAM also would not boot so fearing faulty slots I checked multiple configurations I had had the old RAM in slots and so I tried the known-good old RAM in and - no problems I checked several other configurations and found that the PC would boot with the old RAM in slots and and the new RAM in and It seemed odd to have mixed brands in the same channel and I was suspicious that this would be stable so I ran memtest overnight twice which found no errors so I thought I would be fine A few days later I started receiving BSODs and a few crashes of memory-intensive applications ex Cakewalk Sonar and Battlefield but these have always been somewhat unstable anyway The first BSODs listed drivers like netio sys but eventually I received a PFN LIST CORRUPT BSOD which I believe is strongly diagnostic of faulty RAM So I returned the replacement RAM for refund and ended up finding almost identical RAM to my old known-good kit on Amazon Amazon com Patriot Memory PGS G ELK GB X GB Gaming Series DDR Pc - Enhanced Latency Dimm Kit Electronics Same brand voltage and timings The PC would not boot off this third kit in any configuration I tried though at this point I didn't try as many combinations as I had with the replacement GSKILL kit So I pretty much resigned myself to running on GB of RAM but my system was now far more unstable than ever with the old supposedly known-good RAM in its original configuration in slots and Silverlight and Flash plugins crash constantly running maybe fifteen or twenty minutes without crash at most some applications first Battlefield then Origin itself will inevitably crash a few seconds after launch other applications such as Firefox crash more infrequently and I receive sporadic once or twice daily BSODs with varying errors In case there was something software related I restored to a point a week or so old before I'd installed some Windows updates driver updates and a couple of applications that didn't help I'm pretty much at wits' end here Attached are my minidumps and performance monitor report thanks for any help

A:Frequent crashes of certain plugins and applications, sporadic BSODs

* Please remove any CD visualization programs such as Daemon Tools and Alcohol 120%.

They use a driver, found in your dmp, called sptd.sys, that is notorious for causing BSODs.

Use this SPTD uninstaller DuplexSecure - Downloads DuplexSecure - FAQ

when you're done you can use this Freeware:

MagicISO Virtual CD/DVD-ROM (MagicDisc) in its place

Using MagicISO to create ISO image files

* These crashes were caused by memory corruption/exception (probably a driver).
Please run these two tests to verify your memory and find which driver is causing the problem.

If you are overclocking anything reset to default before running these tests.
In other words STOP!!!

If you have Raid update its Driver.

Memtest.

Quote:
*Download a copy of Memtest86 and burn the ISO to a CD using Iso Recorder or another ISO burning program. Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

Boot from the CD, and leave it running for at least 5 or 6 passes.

Just remember, any time Memtest reports errors, it can be either bad RAM or a bad motherboard slot.

Test the sticks individually, and if you find a good one, test it in all slots.

Any errors are indicative of a memory problem.

If a known good stick fails in a motherboard slot it is probably the slot.

RAM - Test with Memtest86+

Driver verifier

Quote:
Using Driver Verifier is an iffy proposition. Most times it'll crash and it'll tell you what the driver is. But sometimes it'll crash and won't tell you the driver. Other times it'll crash before you can log in to Windows. If you can't get to Safe Mode, then you'll have to resort to offline editing of the registry to disable Driver Verifier.

So, I'd suggest that you first backup your stuff and then make sure you've got access to another computer so you can contact us if problems arise. Then make a System Restore point (so you can restore the system using the Vista/Win7 Startup Repair feature).

Then, here's the procedure:
- Go to Start and type in "verifier" (without the quotes) and press Enter
- Select "Create custom settings (for code developers)" and click "Next"
- Select "Select individual settings from a full list" and click "Next"
- Select everything EXCEPT FOR "Special Pool", "Force Pending I/O Requests" and "Low Resource Simulation" and click "Next"
- Select "Select driver names from a list" and click "Next"
Then select all drivers NOT provided by Microsoft and click "Next"
- Select "Finish" on the next page.

Reboot the system and wait for it to crash to the Blue Screen.
Continue to use your system normally, and if you know what causes the crash, do that repeatedly.
The objective here is to get the system to crash because Driver Verifier is stressing the drivers out.
If it doesn't crash for you, then let it run for at least 36 hours of continuous operation.

Reboot into Windows (after the crash) and turn off Driver Verifier by going back in and selecting "Delete existing settings" on the first page, then locate and zip up the memory dump file and upload it with your next post.

If you can't get into Windows because it crashes too soon, try it in Safe Mode.
If you can't get into Safe Mode, try using System Restore from your installation DVD to set the system back to the previous restore point that you created.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/217711-frequent-crashes-certain-plugins-applications-sporadic-bsods.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Is Windows - x -bit or x - -bit - the original installed OS on the system - Yes - an OEM or full retail version - Full Retail - OEM came pre-installed on system - Full Retail you purchased it from retailer - What is the age of system hardware - Various parts Mostly I revamped everything a year ago However I did take out my old monitor weeks ago and have been getting BSODs on the temporary monitor and my new one - What is the age of OS installation have you re-installed the OS - months ago I reinstalled everything Ever since I took out my old monitor to replace it with my new one I have been getting many BSODs with various errors none pointing to any in particular and all happening when I play games of any kind I can play a Triple A title and crash or I can play a flash game Sporadic Games. Errors. Definitive BSODs playing No I crash Sporadic BSODs playing Games. No Definitive Errors. The funny thing is whenever I play a Java game my screen says out of range and I get the sound of a BSOD in the background Would someone please be able to tell me what could be happening P S I have enclosed the documents that could help with this post I'm going to include some information I have at the bottom that may be helpful Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode e BCP C BCP C FC D BCP D F BCP OS Version Service Pack Product

A:Sporadic BSODs playing Games. No Definitive Errors.

Has, anybody thought of anything yet? I'm getting quite desperate because of the freezes in all my games.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/232952-sporadic-bsods-playing-games-no-definitive-errors.html
Relevancy 62.35%

Hi I've been researching the root of my BSODs for what seems like forever and I feel like I'm banging my head Page errors Random BSODS sporadic. - Fault Often against a brick wall I'm running an overclocked system and sporadically receive BSODs which are either pagefault errors or PFN corrupt errors I've tried running the driver verification tool but it would BSOD while booting windows - however I do have a crash dump from that but haven't the ability to read it yet I ran the windows memory checker utility which came up clean I haven't run memtest yet - I don't have a writeable disc or USB drive to hand to be able to create the boot disc I've included crash reports for your browsing pleasure The BSODs often happen when windows is shutting down but that is the only common thread - other crashes are Random BSODS - sporadic. Often Page Fault errors seemingly random anything from browsing the web on chrome or in the middle Random BSODS - sporadic. Often Page Fault errors of a Battlefield session Any and all help will be gratefully accepted and if I need to provide any more details then of course I will Thanks

A:Random BSODS - sporadic. Often Page Fault errors

Hi -

Overclocking can cause all sorts of problems. If you are overclocking your system, please return all overclocked components to their stock speeds. If the BSOD's are found not to be caused by the overclock, you can re-overclock the components once we have finished the diagnostics.

Please upload your msinfo32.nfo file. To get this: Start Menu -> Type msinfo32 into the Search programs and files box -> When it opens, go to File, Save -> Save as msinfo32.nfo and save in a place you will remember -> Let it finish the process of gathering and saving the system info -> Right click the .nfo file, click send to compressed (zipped) folder -> Upload the .zip file here.

Please upload your msinfo32.txt file. To get this: Start Menu -> Type msinfo32 into the Search programs and files box -> When it opens, go to File, Export -> Save as msinfo32.txt and save in a place you will remember -> Let it finish the process of gathering and saving the system info -> Right click the .txt file, click send to compressed (zipped) folder -> Upload the .zip file here.

Please disable driver verifier for the time being.Driver Verifier Enable/Disable
Update the Etron USB 3.0 Extensible Hub Driver to the latest version available.

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 1000009F, {4, 258, fffffa8006789b50, fffff800060e33d0}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for EtronHub3.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for EtronHub3.sys
Implicit thread is now fffffa80`06789b50
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32k.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for win32k.sys
Probably caused by : EtronHub3.sys ( EtronHub3+5f51 )

---------

0: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE (9f)
A driver has failed to complete a power IRP within a specific time (usually 10 minutes).
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000004, The power transition timed out waiting to synchronize with the Pnp
subsystem.
Arg2: 0000000000000258, Timeout in seconds.
Arg3: fffffa8006789b50, The thread currently holding on to the Pnp lock.
Arg4: fffff800060e33d0, nt!TRIAGE_9F_PNP on Win7

Debugging Details:
------------------

Implicit thread is now fffffa80`06789b50

DRVPOWERSTATE_SUBCODE: 4

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN7_DRIVER_FAULT

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x9F

PROCESS_NAME: System

CURRENT_IRQL: 2

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from fffff800046bc652 to fffff800046c9b8a

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`035af070 fffff800`046bc652 : fffffa80`06789b50 fffffa80`06789b50 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiSwapContext+0x7a
fffff880`035af1b0 fffff800`046cda9f : fffffa80`0d51f4f0 00000000`00000002 00000000`00000000 fffff880`05b88ff8 : nt!KiCommitThreadWait+0x1d2
fffff880`035af240 fffff880`05b88f51 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`0ca52000 fffff800`049ae700 : nt!KeWaitForSingleObject+0x19f
fffff880`035af2e0 00000000`00000000 : 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`0ca52000 fffff800`049ae700 fffff880`03365180 : EtronHub3+0x5f51
STACK_COMMAND: kb

FOLLOWUP_IP:
EtronHub3+5f51
fffff880`05b88f51 ?? ???

SYMBOL_STACK_INDEX: 3

... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/281590-random-bsods-sporadic-often-page-fault-errors.html
Relevancy 61.49%

Basically the title says it all.... It's been driving me nuts! I'm attaching a few zipped dmp files. It happens when I expect it the least. It's on my Dell XPS with 12 GB memory Vista 64. Any help will be highly appreciated! Thanks.

A:Sporadic, yet frequent, BSODs on Vista -- zipped dmp files attached

Your issue is with the driver vfilter.sys which which is a ShrewSoft IM Filter Driver - ShrewSoft Virtual Network Adapter by ShrewSoft.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sporadic-yet-frequent-bsods-on-vista-zipped-dmp-files-attached.151174/
Relevancy 61.49%

Hello all I'm an IT major at our local university and I'm to hardware or Sporadic BSODs. it's software ascertain wether problem. a Trying trying to help a friend with his Vista pretty Sporadic BSODs. Trying to ascertain wether it's a hardware or software problem. sure it's a Home edition it's definitely not Professional or Ultimate computer Unfortunately I can honestly say we've never had a class to help us diagnose the often-cryptic BSOD errors Anyways the machine Sporadic BSODs. Trying to ascertain wether it's a hardware or software problem. has been experiencing sporadic BSODs and general misbehavior freezing locking up weird error messages etc I plan on having him wipe the computer and either reinstall Vista or Sporadic BSODs. Trying to ascertain wether it's a hardware or software problem. install Windows but my question to whoever may know is this considering the dump files I've included can you ascertain wether there is also a hardware issue occurring If so I need to advise him on those as well as the machine is aging going on years and the benefits of simply getting a new computer may be better than trying to salvage an old one with hardware problems However if the problems are just software then he might get a few more good years out of the machine in my opinion I've included an analysis by BlueScreenView and a system information file that might prove helpful Here are the steps so far that I have taken in order to diagnose the issue Ran Memtest the first pass completed with no errors I didn't have time to let another pass through but I plan on doing that later Ran WD Diagnostics on the HDD no errors found with a quick scan Ran HP built in diagnostics all the hardware passed tests I've previously run chkdsk with the r and f flags on this machine although not this time I've run sfc scannow before as well I have run antimalware scans before As expected it did pick up some malware but it was removed and the BSODs did not start occuring until months after that happened it's been a long saga with this machine Hopefully the included BlueScreenView and system info files help you gain insight into the problem Please let me know if there are any other tests etc you would like me to run Basically I'm just looking for advice is it worth it to upgrade the machine to Windows and will that solve the issues or do the bluescreen errors indicate an underlying hardware problem Again I have to admit ignorance on this particular subject so any and all help would be greatly appreciated Thanks

A:Sporadic BSODs. Trying to ascertain wether it's a hardware or software problem.

1) Memtest should be run for several hours - overnight would be good.
2) Miscellaneous and frequent bsod's, such as is the case here, can be hardware (again, run multiple scans of ram) or malware (please run full system scans with BOTH your installed anti virus app and with MalwareBytes).
3) I don't see any bsod's after December 16th. Why is that?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/488734/sporadic-bsods-trying-to-ascertain-wether-its-a-hardware-or-software-problem/
Relevancy 55.47%

I had computer crashing problems several months ago and I thought I solved the problem by replacing hardware but either the problem was never solved 0x0000000000000000, BSODs, Sporadic 0x1e 0x000000 0x0000000000000000, or this is a different issue altogether For the past couple weeks I've been getting very frequent bsods At first the error was always xd DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL I ran anti-malware bytes and removed Sporadic BSODs, 0x1e 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000, 0x000000 some threats No change I started noticing that the BSODs were saying the problem file was cfosspeed sys and cfossspeed sys so I uninstalled cfosspeed and removed all traces of it including the system files in question While doing so my computer had a couple hard abrupt crashes with no bsod and refused to start up for several minutes until resetting the power After I deleted the cfosspeed sys files I got a BSOD twenty minutes later with a different error This time it was x e x x x x Sporadic BSODs, 0x1e 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000, 0x000000 The BSOD was fast so I couldn't see any other information it provided Since removing cfosspeed and possibly fixing the xd bsod I've had only one bsod the x e But I've not used the pc much since then so I'm fully expecting more I should also mention that I ran sfc and chkdsk and the results seemed fine to my knowledge Any help is greatly appreciated Classes start today and I really need a working pc EDIT I've attached the dm log sorry about that

A:Sporadic BSODs, 0x1e 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000, 0x000000

can you also upload the dump files for analysis?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/378913-sporadic-bsods-0x1e-0x0000000000000000-0x0000000000000000-0x000000.html
Relevancy 39.56%

So for some reason after my computer has been on for about an hour to hours all of my games start to stutter but I don t FPS (I lag think) Consistent know what it is Every couple of seconds my screen just freezes for a split second or when it s really Consistent FPS lag (I think) bad at least second and then it just goes back to normal And this keeps happening As you can imagine games like CSGO osu and LoL are impossible to play with this crap It s not connection and my videos on YouTube and Twitch do not lag or stutter the same way my games do However if I restart my computer it does fix it That is until my computer has been on for an hour again and then it starts again I m on Windows and the processor says quot Intel R Core TM i - CPU GHz quot The graphics card is quot AMD Radeon R Series quot There was an update called quot Radeon Software Crimson Edition quot that I skipped because it was for Windows and even when I tried to install it it would freeze at and fail I don t know what other information to put about hardware - not too good with computers Most people I ve asked so far have suggested there might be an overheating problem I opened up my computer to feel around for anything that might be too hot There were some parts that were warm maybe a tad bit on the hotter side but nothing too major nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/consistent-fps-lag-i-think.1163476/
Relevancy 39.13%

Sometimes the printing is too small to read without a magnifying glass!
There are some consistent business sites, sometimes Outlook e-mail, supply ordering, etc.
Sometimes the font is okay.
I have the PC set at large font. Windows XP.
Lack of consistency says it's not the sites I'm visiting.
HELP !

Relevancy 39.13%

Hi there, hope someone can help me on this.

Earlier this week, my system started dragging. I noticed that it is consistently operating at 100% CPU usage, but I can't figure out why. No pop-ups or strange messages. Still have plenty of space on my hard drive, I'm using AVG Free Edition, nothing seems too out of the ordinary on my processes list except that Internet Explorer appears to be using quite a bit of memory. I'm using Windows XP Home Edition.

So...I did a Hijack This scan and I have attached the log file. If anyone can help me with this, it would be hugely appreciated. Let me know what additional info you need to help me narrow down what the problem might be. Thanks!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cpu-100-usage-consistent.704830/
Relevancy 39.13%

I've had the HP DV6-3052nr for about a year and a half. My processor is an Intel Core i7, my graphics card is the ATI Mobility Radeon 5650, and it contains 6GB of RAM. A year ago at this time, I was running the game Crysis along with other programs all at once with an accumulated memory usage of 1,500,000. The CPU was at 15% while this was happening. Today, with all other programs closed, I can hardly run Skype, Oovoo, or Minecraft without my CPU spiking to 92% - 100%. The only way for me to solve the lag produced is by restarting my laptop. Why is it that the performance has declined, and aside from formatting, what alternatives do I have to return the performance to what it had once been?

A:i7 + 6GB RAM with consistent CPU spikes

Welcome to Seven Forums Bfm322. When you experience this high CPU usage, open Resource Manager and see if you can determine if it is those applications, or something else using the CPU cycles.

Resource Monitor

A Guy

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/225054-i7-6gb-ram-consistent-cpu-spikes.html
Relevancy 39.13%

As I have searched from website through website I haven t found a solution to my problem and I m asking in hopes that you guys can help me Well please? Consistent help Virus heres my problem as of late I ve run into a virus that is recurring No matter what I use Consistent Virus help please? and how many times I scan it will come back even if I have it destroyed I ve attempted to look up my virus in which there are possibly many the one that clearly pops up is AntiVirusRemoval All of my attempts at removing this have been futile So I kindly ask for any assistance on this matter Below is my HJ log ------------------------------------------ Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes Consistent Virus help please? C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system Consistent Virus help please? svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C WINDOWS arservice exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe c Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS ARPWRMSG EXE C Program Files HP HP Software Update HPwuSchd exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliType Pro itype exe C Program Files Microsoft IntelliPoint ipoint exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files iTunes iTunes exe C Program Files Ventrilo Ventrilo exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C Documents and Settings Compaq Administrator Local Settings Application Data Google Update GoogleUpdate exe C WINDOWS Downloaded Program Files PurpleBean exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Documents and Settings Compaq Administrator Desktop Firefox Downloads catchme exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN US amp c amp bd PRESARIO amp pf desktop R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iesearch amp locale EN US amp c amp bd PRESARIO amp pf desktop R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale EN US amp c amp bd PRESARIO amp pf desktop R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - BHO no name - d c - f- b-a -c b eef - C WINDOWS system rigivika dll file missing O - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dll O - BHO Windows Live Toolbar Helper - BDBD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar msntb dll O - Toolbar Windows Live Toolbar - BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C Program Files Windows Live Toolbar msntb dll O - Toolbar no name - E BD F- B D- E-CCB -B EEDBE C - no file O - Toolbar Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dll O - HKLM Run AlwaysReady Power Message APP ARPWRMSG EXE O - HKLM Run Recguard C WINDOWS SMINST RECGUARD EXE O - HKLM Run HP Softwar... Read more

Relevancy 39.13%

Over the years I have had AVG as my online AV protection with MBAM and Emsisoft AM as optional manual scanners.

Emsisoft or MBAM I use about twice per month for a manual scan, mostly MBAM as it is quicker. Perhaps every 5-6 weeks I use AVG. Using Sandboxie eliminates the necessity of more frequent scans.

Question ?
AVG and MBAM almost never pick any infections up, they are consistently clean. But when I use Emsisoft, it has on several occasions picked up infections which the other programs have not.

I would gratefully appreciate a logical explanation why this should occur.

Again, AVG and MBAM never picked up any infections today - 8th July 13,  yet Emsisoft picked up 5 worms and trojans, which I quarantined. See :-

Thank you in advance.

A:AV Scans not Consistent

Those entries must be in the Emsisoft definitions but not in the databases of the other two.   They could be false positives, but if you keep finding things when you scan you should maybe consider some active protection to keep malware from entering your system.

Personally I use Comodo Internet Security and no scanners have ever found anything other than the odd tracking cookie on my computers in the last 5 years, however maybe I avoid visiting dodgy sites.

If you only do the occasional scan it could well be too late to save your data from being stolen.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/500452/av-scans-not-consistent/
Relevancy 39.13%

Hi there I'm running into constant BSOD's mainly when starting up my computer or when playing a game The BSOD is usually SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION other times its KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED or DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL Consistent BSOD Here's my System Specs Consistent BSOD and needed information Any help would be appreciated HTML Code ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report Machine name JEFF-PC Operating System Windows Ultimate -bit Build Service Pack win sp gdr - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd System Model GA- XTA-UD BIOS Award Modular BIOS v PG Processor AMD Phenom tm II X Processor CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Available OS Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX DX Setup Parameters Not found User DPI Setting Using System DPI System DPI Setting DPI percent DWM DPI Scaling Disabled DxDiag Version bit Unicode Display Devices --------------- Card name ATI Radeon HD Series Manufacturer Advanced Micro Devices Inc Chip type ATI display adapter x B DAC type Internal DAC MHz Device Key Enum PCI VEN amp DEV B amp SUBSYS amp REV Display Memory MB Dedicated Memory MB Shared Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Name Generic PnP Monitor Monitor Model Hanns G Hi Monitor Id HSD Native Mode x p Hz Output Type DVI

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/consistent-bsod-649188.html
Relevancy 39.13%

Often at irregular intervals my modem (Speedtouch BeBox) will disconnect me. Normally there are four lights up: Power, Ethernet, WLAN and DSL. When it disconnects, only the power light is on, but it is red, not the usual green. To fix this problem I have to reboot my router. Help would be appreciated.

A:Consistent Disconnects

Sounds like the ISP connection is going away or the modem is dying.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/consistent-disconnects.819217/
Relevancy 39.13%

I lockups Consistent am getting consistent lockups with my machine I built it about a month ago and from what I can remember it has Consistent lockups done it forever now I Consistent lockups never noticed it until I bought Age of Conan Event viewer does not show any Consistent lockups reason other then unexpected The machine does not shut down it purely locks up and sits there with no response and I have left it for hours with no return Sometimes I can run the game for hours on end with no problems others it crashes alot I do not think it is the game I am completely stumped with this machine because here is what I have done so far Core Temp with orthos running at a priority of for hours on end has gotten a max temp of and C machine is all stock with no overclocking done After that I ran Riva Tuner to pull Core temps on my video card and they stayed consistent at PCCheck passes everything Drive Fitness passes and memtest passes Now I have been able to duplicate the lock ups during windows as well Whenever I click on anything it has a random occurance to lock up I have noticed that every time I click is when it happens very random can happen hour and another not I have tried moving to PS and USB both I do not think it is the mouse Other than this I have yet to find any reason for this I know my machine's cores are running a bit hot but it's not death defying X Ghz x Vista Home Premium with SP Nvidia - fully up to date Asus M A -EMH HDMI - full chipset and bios flashes EDIT In game SOMETIMES it would lock up give video gliches then come back But I have seemed to fix those Help

A:Consistent lockups

I'm thinking it might be video card, because it isn't the clicking that locks me up, it seems to be the window effects. Maybe the video card is running too hot?....

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/consistent-lockups-263544.html
Relevancy 39.13%

Hi guys,

I have a M705 Marathon mouse and I have started to see the problem where if I move the mouse in circles continuously, the cursor would freeze in a position for a split second, then continue moving in ordinary fashion. I removed my mouse and tried it with my touchpad, and found that it has the same problem as well.

I do not know what may have caused this, and have been searching for an answer for a while. I have tried reinstalling drivers for the mouse, looking at touchpad settings, and many other things, but I can't seem to find the answer.

My laptop specs are: Windows 10, Acer e5-771g-50jp, 2 GB Nvidia Ge-Force graphics, 8GB RAM, 1 TB HD

Thanks

A:Consistent cursor lag

This is a wireless mouse with a USB Receiver, always possible something can be disturbing the signal between the receiver and the mouse.
Make sure mouse and the mouse pad it is on is clean, sensor at bottom of the mouse. Are the batteries good ?

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/38504-consistent-cursor-lag.html
Relevancy 39.13%

I've recently been having a very odd but at least consistent type of crash I'll be doing quite normal things on my computer and then I will try to start a program and the blue wheel will spin around and it's clear that Windows recognized that I clicked on the program to start but the consistent but crashing Odd window will never come up Confused I'll by default hit CTRL-ALT-DELETE in order to bring up the Task Manager and see whether the process is in there The blue wheel Odd but consistent crashing will spin around but the blue window Odd but consistent crashing where I can click on the Task Manager button never appears Bemused I'll click on Process Hacker a dedicated third-party task manager that I've used for a long time It behaves the same as all other programs and will not appear Out of desperation I'll click on the Cortana Search Bar and Windows Start button but they no longer even animate when I mouse over them much less activate when I click Please note that this is progressive at first Cortana and the Start button work fine but after a couple moments it stops The rest of the computer continues to function normally no errors or thrown or anything I can still use Google Chrome etc but after a minute or so the entire screen will go black and I'll be left sitting at the black screen until I reset the computer Any suggestions would be very welcome I recently enabled Internet Connection Sharing from my Wifi Adapter to my motherboard's Ethernet port in order to quickly stream Xbox to my computer so I'm wondering whether that may be the issue The Event Viewer does indeed start registering errors when this crash starts to occur but I have yet to find the root error in the event viewer Online posts that have similar issues seem to suggest that perhaps it's an issue with the graphics drivers in particular having more than one monitor or video output plugged in but I only have one and my drivers are the latest stable version Specs AMD FX- Geforce GTX GB RAM Mhz Windows

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/601415/odd-but-consistent-crashing/
Relevancy 39.13%

I've been getting a consistent BSOD and can't seem to find the cause Here's the pattern Boot up after being shut down for a while i e Consistent BSOD overnight Do whatever for some amount of time Could be seconds or hours browsing Consistent BSOD online watching a movie etc Start up graphics-intensive game fallout elder scrolls borderlands etc Within - minutes I get a crash I don't actually get a blue screen but the system freezes and I get a loud buzzing out of the speakers Reboot Continue with no issues I can go hours running anything and have no problems at all Shut down for a while Back to step I've tried Running the memory diagnostics tool no problems found Going through every device in device manager all drivers updated Going to Nvidia's website my graphics card and manually downloading drivers no new drivers found Going to MSI's website my motherboard same thing So is it a hardware or software problem It seems unlikely that it's a heat problem since I can get the crash right after booting up and then after restarting have no problems for hours I have dump files but no idea how to read them A couple dumps are attached

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/391816-consistent-bsod.html
Relevancy 39.13%

Hi Seven Forums,

I'm new to this forum so please let me know if I did something wrong.

I've had this BSOD problem since 6 months ago and have never figured out the problem.

I ran memtest thinking that it was the ram but after leaving it over night, memtest turns out that it was not the memory that is giving any errors.
Reinstalling did not fix this problem too.
OS Spec:
Windows 7 Professional x64
Full Retail version
18 days after re installation.

I've attached the minidump.zip file.

Thank you in advance.

A:Consistent BSOD

Quote: Originally Posted by Pencuri

Hi Seven Forums,

I'm new to this forum so please let me know if I did something wrong.

I've had this BSOD problem since 6 months ago and have never figured out the problem.

I ran memtest thinking that it was the ram but after leaving it over night, memtest turns out that it was not the memory that is giving any errors.
Reinstalling did not fix this problem too.
OS Spec:
Windows 7 Professional x64
Full Retail version
18 days after re installation.

I've attached the minidump.zip file.

Thank you in advance.

3 of 4 point to your video driver. I would re-install using these

When upgrading your graphic driver you MUST remove all traces of the current driver. In order to do that we recommend using Guru3D - Driver Sweeper

When it is removed then download and install the fresh copy.

Let us know if you need help
Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/153734-consistent-bsod.html
Relevancy 39.13%

I have an Asus G G X I ve had Consistent Freezing. it for under months At first I didn t know what the problem was it had just started to freeze whenever it wanted I put it in safe mode and put it in selective start up Only picked the programs that were ultimately necessary It stopped freezing I opened YIM since it had been one of the programs Consistent Freezing. I had deselected and it froze I uninstalled YIM reinstalled it opened the program froze once more I ended up going on a site called Meebo so I could fulfill my IM needs and it froze I then went onto webmessenger yahoo com and it s completely fine Finally just now I tried to run a streaming program from livestream com and it decided to freeze Something odd that also happens that I haven t noticed before with other computer that freezes is that the sound music makes an annoying quot EEEEEE quot when it happens Just to specify the screen dosen t go black it looks like a screen shot Here are my System specs Processor Intel Core Duo CPU P GHz Installed Memory GB And it s a -bit OS

A:Consistent Freezing.

Are all drivers up to date? What Anti-virus program are you using?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/364136/consistent-freezing/
Relevancy 39.13%

Good day all,

I have a Gateway ID490C7u (http://www.cnet.com/laptops/gateway-id49c07u/4505-3121_7-34121937.html) in front of me that was notoriously slow on Windows 7 x64. Specs are as follows:
Processor Name: Intel Core i3-350M @ 2266.7 MHz
Motherboard Model: Acer ID49

Motherboard Chipset: Intel HM55 (IbexPeak-M DH)

BIOS Vendor: Gateway
BIOS Version: V1.00

Memory: 4GB DDR3 SDRAM
I reinstalled Windows and it was the same issue, so I dual-booted Ubuntu and still it persists. I can't imagine what could be slowing it down on both operating systems. It lags randomly. I've run memtest and it reported no errors. What could it be? Any suggestions?

A:Consistent Lag Across Platforms

Be specific: What is "lag" and it occurs when you do what?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/consistent-lag-across-platforms.201624/
Relevancy 39.13%

This is for work We have been having tons of problems for this specific unit it keeps on hanging We think we have tried everything and we are running out of options Here's a list of what we have done - Cleaned all the video card and RAM modules - Reformatted the hard drive - Replaced the hard drive - Will Replace the video card - Checked the board - No signs of burning and Consistent ups. hang or bloated capacitors Here's something I just thought of Consistent hang ups. now - Monitor CPU temp and re-apply thermal paste if it shows signs of overheating EDIT If you guys could also enlighten me on what is causing this or what could cause this that would also be very helpful I know we have a lot of experienced people on this forums and I know they are always more than willing to help Badly need your help guys the sooner the better I know sevenforums never failed me in the past so I am optimistic about this Any kind of hardware troubleshooting procedure will be highly appreciated Thanks guys

A:Consistent hang ups.

Synth mate check out this PSU - Jump Start it could possibly be a PSU problem/s.

Test the volts mate but just keep in mind correct volts don't always mean correct current.

Also check out this - what I do as well as the sticks and cards because crud will get into the slots.

SLOT CLEANING

Now as for the slots to clean them use a strip of old credit card about 1/2 inch wide nip the corners off one end - preferably round them offhold a piece of thin lint free cloth over the end dab on some form of alcohol - iso propyl alcohol (what we swab the skin with before an injection) is good and GENTLY swipe along the slots.

This can also be done for the GPU slot/s.
I am on the wrong machine at the moment or I would send a pic of my rig for slot cleaning.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/312549-consistent-hang-ups.html
Relevancy 39.13%

At unpredictable times, my HP Pavilion m9200t PC slows to a crawl and then over a period of hours regains its original speed. I used to blame it on Vista, but it's now happening with Windows 7. Just ran Windows Performance and got the usual OK values on the hardware. Improvement sometimes occurs after running Norton Internet Security Full Scan. I noted I have indexing checked for file contents on my C: drive. Is that the problem or what? I also note that Seagate as a fix available for my drive, but haven't dared use it yet. Have run registry cleaners, but they don't fix the problem. I've turned off unnecessary programs scheduled to run at startup. Running out of ideas. Any suggestions?

A:Sporadic Slowdowns

Solutions: disable and uninstall all unwanted software; open up uninstall programs and search each program up to see if you require it. If not, think twice and uninstall. Also, make a text file and just type down what you've uninstall if problems occur. Don't uninstall unless you find no need for it.
- You could have a high resolution photograph on your background - I once had a 6000 x 3000 or so image and that itself made my computer slower than usual. (Do not base a computer's speed by load up time; it's quite irrelevant)
- Registry cleaners don't help (read info: it' my opinion, though)
- Turn off/uncheck Indexing START > COMPUTER > RIGHT CLICK PROPERTIES ON "LOCAL DISK" (C or the disk that has your operating system on it>GENERAL > "ALLOW FILES ON THIS DRIVE TO HAVE CONTENTS INDEXED IN ADDITION TO FILE PROPERTIES"
- You could possibly have a malfunctioning hard drive disk?
- My solution: find OEM copy of Windows 7 (OEM = Windows 7 only. non-OEM = Windows 7 with your computer's brand but modified with their own extra software. OEM stands for Original Equipment Manufacturer.
info:A previous friend of mine stated that Windows NT has an inherit problem, once you install a program, the program leaves permanent index into Windows registry. Even after uninstalling the program; this causes your computer to slowdown. What I mean to say is Windows 7 comes pre-loaded with bloatware into all (I guess here) of HP's electronic PCs.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sporadic-slowdowns.1006648/
Relevancy 39.13%

Hello, I recently purchased a computer from iBUYPOWER (through newegg) and after a week of ownership have been receiving almost daily crashes (some days with more than one crash), with error messages like 'MEMORY_MANAGEMENT, IRQL_LESS_OR_NOT_EQUAL, and PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA'. The crashes seemed to taper off a week or so ago but then came back when I started playing the game Planetside 2. Most of the crashes had a new error message during the blue-screen, saying: 'DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION'. I did have Driver Verifier on at first, but received the same crash and message even after turning it off.

I contacted iBUYPOWER and was informed that if I called customer service, they would replace the computer while looking at it, but I decided to come here first because I wanted to see if there could be a way to fix these issues without resorting to repackaging the tower and sending it back.

A:Sporadic Crashes

Start with these free diagnostics: Initial Hardware Diagnostics
Then try these: Additional Hardware Diagnostics
If any of the tests fail, it's most likely hardware - so let them fix it

Only 20 updates, most systems have 30 or more. Please visit Windows Update and get ALL available updates

Memory dumps seem to be hardware related, the only older driver is the Intel Management Engine.
Update Intel Management Engine drivers ( Intel Download Center )

Verifier doesn't seem to point at anything in particular, another sign suggesting that it may be hardware (depending on the settings that you used).

Turn off Verifier by opening verifier.exe as an Administrator (right click on verifier.exe and select "Run as adminstrator")
Select "Delete existing settings", then click on the "Finish" button.
Reboot for the changes to take affect (?effect?)

If it still doesn't stop running, we'll see about manually removing it from the registry.

Analysis:
The following is for informational purposes only.

Code:
**************************Wed Jan 9 16:16:35.822 2013 (UTC - 5:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\John\_jcgriff2_\dbug\__Kernel__\010913-13125-01.dmp]
Windows 8 Kernel Version 9200 MP (4 procs) Free x64
Built by: 9200.16442.amd64fre.win8_gdr.121023-1503
System Uptime:0 days 6:12:00.504
Probably caused by :rdyboost.sys ( rdyboost!SmdProcessReadWrite+792 )
BugCheck C4, {1011, fffffa8008ba9b20, fffff9802331ac10, fffff880082e0000}
BugCheck Info: DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION (c4)
DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION (c4)
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000001011, Invariant MDL buffer contents for Read Irp were modified during dispatch or buffer backed by dummy pages.
Arg2: fffffa8008ba9b20, Device object to which the Read IRP was issued.
Arg3: fffff9802331ac10, The address of the IRP.
Arg4: fffff880082e0000, System-Space Virtual Address for the buffer that the MDL describes.
BUGCHECK_STR: 0xc4_1011
PROCESS_NAME: PlanetSide2.ex
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0xc4_1011_rdyboost!SmdProcessReadWrite
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
**************************Tue Jan 8 13:55:16.472 2013 (UTC - 5:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\John\_jcgriff2_\dbug\__Kernel__\010813-18421-01.dmp]
System Uptime:0 days 21:38:45.752
Probably caused by :ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!IoCancelIrp+28 )
BugCheck A, {fffff8800b3ff8b4, 2, 1, fffff803d543d428}
BugCheck Info: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (a)
Arguments:
Arg1: fffff8800b3ff8b4, memory referenced
Arg2: 0000000000000002, IRQL
Arg3: 0000000000000001, bitfield :
bit 0 : value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation
bit 3 : value 0 = not an execute operation, 1 = execute operation (only on chips which support this level of status)
Arg4: fffff803d543d428, address which referenced memory
BUGCHECK_STR: AV
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN8_DRIVER_FAULT
PROCESS_NAME: chrome.exe
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: AV_nt!IoCancelIrp
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
**************************Mon Jan 7 16:10:42.987 2013 (UTC - 5:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\John\_jcgriff2_\dbug\__Kernel__\010713-13312-01.dmp]
System Uptime:0 days 0:16:06.675
Probably caused by :ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KiFastFailDispatch+d0 )
BugCheck 139, {3, fffff8800a9027a0, fffff8800a9026f8, 0}
BugCheck Info: KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE (139)
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000003, A LIST_ENTRY has been corrupted (i.e. double remove).
Arg2: fffff8800a9027a0, Address of the trap frame for the exception that caused the bugcheck
Arg3: fffff8800a9026f8, Address of the exception record for the exception that caused the bugcheck
Arg4: 0000000000000000, Reserved
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x139
DEFAULT_BU... Read more

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/17631-sporadic-crashes.html
Relevancy 39.13%

I m having a problem with random disconnects on my desktop It is connected via ethernet to a Belkin brief Sporadic, disconnects. WRTR G v which is connected to a Scientific Atlanta DPC I am Sporadic, brief disconnects. in the United States with Comcast as my ISP The affected computer is running windows XP sp My LAN card shows up as an Intel PRO Management adapter Now that you have my info here is my problem every minutes more or less I get disconnected from the internet The disconnects probably only last a few seconds or fractions of a second but it is enough to both knock me off of my IM client and Team Fortress I used to have a problem like this with my onboard LAN Then I started using a USB wireless adapter It had problems with disconnections because of how far I am from the router I assume the disconnects were much fewer and further between than with the onboard LAN though But even that wasn t bearable so then I took this network card out of one of our older computers we aren t using and it worked beautifully for a good - weeks Last week is when these problems started I ve already checked to make sure all of my cables are plugged in tight and reset both TCP IP and WINSOCK to installation defaults Still no luck Any idea what the problem is Does my computer just like to mess up LAN cards nbsp

Relevancy 39.13%

I hope you can help this BSOD is driving me nuts I bought the system custom built over two years ago After a few weeks I had a BSOD - the error suggests checking any hardware I installed recently but as it was all new Sporadic Very BSOD I ignored it A few weeks went by and then another one then another The problem is every time I try to do something to address the problem I think I've fixed it because the BSOD is so sporadic I can get it after half an hour or usage with several in one day or I can use Very Sporadic BSOD it for hours without any problem and not see one for weeks It came with Vista Premium bit pre-installed After months of this Windows came out so I upgraded to Windows and chose the wipe clean and upgrade from scratch option I thought I'd beat it but then hardly used my PC for months afterwards Until early December I've been using it regular since and the BSOD is back I've done everything I've upgraded the graphics card to the latest drivers flashed the BIOS to the latest none-Beta version I have AVAST and Spybot Seek amp Destroy installed which I update and run regularly I've defragged the HD run every diag and benchmarking program I can think of and all have passed I've opened the case up to check for anything loose cleaned all the dust out I've set the BIOS to default and turned all overclocking off enabled the AMD Cool N Quiet option and set the power management setting in windows to power save mode in case it was a overheating issue As a last course of action I replaced the memory three weeks ago I had two gig sticks so decided to upgrade and I've got gig ones that are compatible with my motherboard All seemed fine and again I thought I'd beat the but in the last few days I've had two more BSOD's I've attached the files as per the sticky if you need any more info let me know

A:Very Sporadic BSOD

Code:
Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.11.0001.404 AMD64
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Loading Dump File [C:\Users\richc46\AppData\Local\Temp\Low\Temporary Internet Files\Content.IE5\9PK7LXW5\Windows_NT6_BSOD_jcgriff2[1]\Windows_NT6_BSOD_jcgriff2\012911-21684-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available
Symbol search path is: SRV*c:\symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7600 MP (2 procs) Free x86 compatible
Built by: 7600.16617.x86fre.win7_gdr.100618-1621
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0x82c52000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0x82d9a810
Debug session time: Sat Jan 29 07:59:31.354 2011 (GMT-5)
System Uptime: 0 days 1:31:28.852
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
* Bugcheck Analysis *
BugCheck 7F, {d, 0, 0, 0}
Probably caused by : amdk8.sys ( amdk8!C1Halt+4 )
---------
1: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *
UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP (7f)
This means a trap occurred in kernel mode, and it's a trap of a kind
that the kernel isn't allowed to have/catch (bound trap) or that
is always instant death (double fault). The first number in the
bugcheck params is the number of the trap (8 = double fault, etc)
Consult an Intel x86 family manual to learn more about what these
traps are. Here is a *portion* of those codes:
If kv shows a taskGate
use .tss on the part before the colon, then kv.
Else if kv shows a trapframe
use .trap on that value
Else
.trap on the appropriate frame will show where the trap was taken
(on x86, this will be the ebp that goes with the procedure KiTrap)
Endif
kb will then show the corrected stack.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000d, EXCEPTION_GP_FAULT
Arg2: 00000000
Arg3: 00000000
Arg4: 00000000
Debugging Details:
------------------

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x7f_d
LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from 82c1e31a to 82c98f6b
STACK_TEXT:
807debb4 82c1e31a badb0d00 000fc5a9 00000000 nt!KiSystemFatalException+0xf
807dec28 90299bb6 badb0d00 00000000 00000008 hal!HalpClockInterruptPn+0x42
807dec98 82cd76b5 85722b38 807c7800 807c2000 amdk8!C1Halt+0x4
807ded20 82cba00d 00000000 0000000e 00000000 nt!PoIdle+0x538
807ded24 00000000 0000000e 00000000 00000000 nt!KiIdleLoop+0xd

FOLLOWUP_IP:
amdk8!C1Halt+4
90299bb6 c3 ret
SYMBOL_STACK_INDEX: 2
SYMBOL_NAME: amdk8!C1Halt+4
FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner
MODULE_NAME: amdk8
IMAGE_NAME: amdk8.sys
DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 4a5bbf07
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x7f_d_amdk8!C1Halt+4
BUCKET_ID: 0x7f_d_amdk8!C1Halt+4
---------
1: kd> lmtsmn
start end module name
9035b000 90387000 1394ohci 1394ohci.sys Mon Jul 13 19:51:59 2009 (4A5BC89F)
8b018000 8b060000 ACPI ACPI.sys Mon Jul 13 19:11:11 2009 (4A5B... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/141165-very-sporadic-bsod.html
Relevancy 39.13%

I have already put this post under the Unix/Linux thread. Here is the link:

http://forums.techguy.org/unix-linux/669912-sporadic-copying-xp-centos-5-a.html#post5493926

Please read.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sporadic-copying-from-xp.669913/
Relevancy 39.13%

A friend s computer is as follows Asus A N X-VM motherboard Athlon CPU MHz x x MB DDR RAM PC make unknown AMI BIOS June GB WD hard drive Lite-On CD DVD combo LTC- H W PSU brand unknown The computer runs very well most of the time but it occasionally reboots while doing certain things For example when playing video clips using Real One player or WM or when playing a train simulator or sometimes while on reboots Win Sporadic XP the net What has been tested so far Sporadic Win XP reboots Memtest ran for hours - no problems found Started in safe mode - videos played OK except no sound I assume since no sound drivers were loaded Could not test train simulation since it would not run at all in safe mode Changed quot Automatically restart quot setting in Control Panel and got stop errors One was a X E error with Sporadic Win XP reboots the train simulator and the other was a X E Sporadic Win XP reboots error when playing a video with quot portcls sys quot listed with this error RAM chips switched around and computer tested with only one chip in place Same problems existed The latest drivers have been installed I have seen suggestions about quot relaxing the timing quot on other posts but I don t know exactly what is meant by this or how to change these settings Is this something worth looking at Any ideas on what to test next and how Suggestions to eliminate this annoying problem will be appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 39.13%

I am having a sporadic connection to the internet I have Windows XP Pro SP Zone Alarm I have done Avast anti virus - updated and run full scan - no viruses Spybot S amp D - updated and run full scan - no problems Windows Defender - full scan - no problems I have the same problem with FireFox and IE I have checked cables and tried other port on the router No change Other computers - no problems sporadic connection A few weeks ago I had no problems I have not installed any new software One day my internet connection was not working at all and I ran sporadic connection the Windows wizard to fix the problem I got my internet connection back but it will stop working for a minute or two When I try and go to a web page I get the error quot Server not found quot I keep hitting refresh and after awhile sporadic connection my connection comes sporadic connection back and the web page will load What do I need to check so I can keep my internet connection Thanks

A:sporadic connection

When you say "Other computers - no problems", does that mean that you have used the same cable and router on other computers to check if they are working properly?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/247192/sporadic-connection/
Relevancy 39.13%

I have a sporadic freezing problem that I am at wits end trying to figure out the cause Sometimes it may Sporadic freezing.. occur once or twice in a day sometimes not for a week or more Recently it has been a little more regular Sporadic freezing.. For the most part it never freezes while I am using it I might call it a night at pm all programs are closed When I get up in the morning the screen is just frozen mouse won't move or anything and I will look at the clock and it would show like am the time it became unresponsive So I turn it off press hold the power button and then turn it on again Will reboot fine use it all day without a problem Then sporadically the same scenario will occur that is I will come back hours later and sometime in between the mouse is frozen and have to reboot I have run all scans no viruses no malware etc I have run memtest and it shows no problems When I look in the error logs no entries The only thing I notice is the mouse sometimes jumps I will seem to disappear when using it but then I see it in the upper left of the screen Would a bad mouse cause this behavior especially since the mouse is idle when it freezes or is it more likely something like a bad usb port And how can I check for this It is running Windows XP Any suggestions would be appreciated Doc

A:Sporadic freezing..

What are the specs of the PC?
There can be many causes for failure to wake from sleep/hibernate, for example older motherboards had PS/2(round plug) keyboard and mouse hookups and would only come out of sleep using that port since the usb ports would shut down.
I've also seen XP not wake up if the hard drive was set to shut off, setting the hard drive to never shut off solves the problem.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/sporadic-freezing-831249.html
Relevancy 39.13%

There are several devices that are connected to the router using a wireless connection. All have stable access except my desktop. It will work for a few minutes, ant then just lose connectivity. When i hover the mouse over the connection it reads the name of the connecting router, says internet access and has four to five bars of connectivity...but it just wont connect!!! Not sure what to do, any help is appreciated.

PS I've tried all that i know (which is pretty basic)

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sporadic-connectivity.1170426/
Relevancy 39.13%

Hi,

my computer sometimes shuts down without any apparent reason. When this happens, the screen turns black and neither ctrl+alt+del or pressing the "reset" button on the computer helps. I have to shut down using the "hard" switch on the back of the computer, wait for a while (a few minutes) and start the computer again.

These "shutdowns" are sporadic and I haven't been able to trace any pattern in their occurence. Sometimes it happens when I'm in windows and sometimes it happens when rebooting the computer (while checking the RAM).

Since I first encountered this problem I have replaced my hard-drive, fearing it was the cause, but I still have the same problem.

Someone who knows what may be the cause?
Thank you in advance!

A:Sporadic shutdowns

Hmm..you said: I have to shut down using the "hard" switch on the back of the computer

You mean the black switch on the power supply?

Try this..
In Windows, go to Display Properties > Screen Saver > Power and make sure
1. Turn off hard disks
2. System standby
3. System hibernates
Are set to Never.

Also check your BIOS and disable any type of power management.

Make sure the fan on your CPU is working properly. If not, you could be having a overheating issue.

If you still have the same problems, then you may need a new power supply.

Have you added any new hardware to the system recently? Things like high end video cards suck up a lot of power.

Good luck.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sporadic-shutdowns.117916/
Relevancy 39.13%

Hi I am getting the occasional IE popup even though I use firefox as a browser I have gone through the entire quot prep guide quot following all the instructions exactly and I even ran a spysweeper scan and AVG scan for good measure All these programs now come up with no problems found except when i reboot again i get a live tracking cookie I'm stumped Any ideas Here's my HijackThis log Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Ie Sporadic Popups Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS Sporadic Ie Popups system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin WLKeeper exeC Program Files Common Files Sporadic Ie Popups Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exeC Program Sporadic Ie Popups Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC WINDOWS system CRYPSERV EXEC Program Files Wave Systems Corp Common DataServer exeC Program Files Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exeC Program Files FactorySuite Common NTServApp exeC Program Files Rockwell Software RSCommon RSOBSERV EXEC WINDOWS system inetsrv inetinfo exeC Program Files Nero Nero InCD InCDsrv exeC Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXEC Program Files Microsoft SQL Server MSSQL MICROSOFTSMLBIZ Binn sqlservr exeC Program Files Dell QuickSet NICCONFIGSVC exeC WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC Program Files Common Files OPC Foundation OPCENUM EXEC WINDOWS SYSTEM SPOOL DRIVERS W X HPZipm exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exeC Program Files Dantz Client Remotsvc exeC Program Files Dantz Client retroclient exeC PROGRA ROCKWE RSLINX RSLINX EXEC Program Files Symantec AntiVirus SavRoam exeC WINDOWS system tcpsvcs exeC Program Files FactorySuite Common slssvc exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exeC Program Files FactorySuite Common wwlogsvc exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files Apoint Apoint exeC WINDOWS system rundll exeC Program Files Intel Wireless bin ZCfgSvc exeC Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exeC WINDOWS stsystra exeC Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DVDLauncher exeC Program Files Dell QuickSet Quickset exeC Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exeC Program Files Nero Nero InCD InCD exeC Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exeC PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exeC Program Files Apoint HidFind exeC Program Files Apoint Apntex exeC Program Files NetWaiting netWaiting exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files Google Google Talk googletalk exeC Program Files Skype Phone Skype exeC Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exeC Program Files Wave Systems Corp Services Manager Secure Update AutoUpdate exeC Program Files palmOne Hotsync exeC Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Tools Binn sqlmangr exeC PROGRA Intel Wireless Bin Dot XCfg exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC WINDOWS system wuauclt exeC Documents and Settings dedwards Desktop HijackThis exeR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www ca dell com content default as l en amp s genR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www ca dell com content default as l en amp s genO - HKLM Run Apoint quot C Program Files Apoint Apoint exe quot O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon quot RUNDLL EXE quot C WINDOWS system NvCpl dll NvStartupO - HKLM Run nwiz quot nwiz exe quot installquietO - HKLM Run NVHotkey quot rundll exe quot nvHotkey dll StartO - HKLM Run IntelZeroConfig quot C Program Files Intel Wireless bin ZCfgSvc exe quot O - HKLM Run IntelWireless quot C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe quot tf Intel PROSet WirelessO - HKLM Run SigmatelSysTrayApp stsystra exeO - HKLM Run DVDLauncher quot C Program Fil... Read more

A:Sporadic Ie Popups

Hi Daryl Edwards and welcome to the Bleeping Computer forums. My name is Whisperer and I will be helping you with your problem. The good news is that on the surface your log appears clean. As I am currently a Trainee in Malware removal ALL of my fixes will be checked by malware experts. If you have not done so already, please do the initial cleanup steps in the following instructions and then post a new log: Preparation Guide For Use Before Posting a HijackThis Log I note that you are running HijackThis from the Desktop, it is important that it runs from within its own folder because it makes backups of the repairs in case there is a need for reversal of any procedure, these are stored in that folder. Open Windows Explorer and click on the C driveFrom the menu select New then Folder Right-click the folder and rename it to HijackThis or HJTPlace the HijackThis.exe file there.I would like you to produce a list of installed programs to assist me in any cleanup. To do this open your HijackThis Click on Open the Misc Tools section or Config? button, depending on how you are set up. If you used the Config... option then click the Misc Tools tabSelect Open Uninstall Manager , a list of your installed programs will be displayed.Select the Save List? button and save the file to your desktop.Please post a copy of this list and an up-to-date HijackThis log in your reply together with any updated commentsPlease advise me what Firewall you are usingGT

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/70968/sporadic-ie-popups/
Relevancy 39.13%

Random CPU temperatures

I just recieved a Intel Pentium 4 processor that I bought off of Ebay. When I use speedfan and even the temperature readouts in the bios, the reported temperature is jumping all over the place. It constantly changes anywhere from-5 C to 70 C. Is the temperature sensor messed up or should I worry?

A:Sporadic CPU temperature

Its most likely your defective temperature sensor. Mine once said my CPU was running at 294 C.... Now if it really was running at that, My heatsink would be getting so hot it would probably melt puke: Anyway, make sure your heatsink is fastened correctly and if it is, then no, you shouldnt be worried about those temps.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sporadic-cpu-temperature.32376/
Relevancy 39.13%

For the past year now my computer has been somewhat randomly crashing It mostly BSOD after a few seconds of trying to watch a youtube video sporadic mostly BSOD but some times I can go hours and not a single BSOD It has BSOD when I have nothing running and just go afk for a few minutes My brother and I have been testing every single part I currently have two computers and I have been switching back and forth between the parts and it's still BSOD We thought it might have been a virus I have been getting but we tested it and I only had steam minecraft and garry's mod installed all three trusted things and it would still crash the second I got on youtube and try to play a video I have tried the fix where you uncheck the box that says mostly sporadic BSOD quot Use hardware acceleration when available quot and it is mostly sporadic BSOD still mostly sporadic BSOD crashing I have also tried different browsers Firefox Chrome and Internet Explorer My brother and I are running out of ideas as to what could be causing the crashing Oh and no idea if this makes a difference but the last computer I tested I somehow managed to fry the power supply and I am using the same one I used on the dell I have I have an old dell and custom build computer and the only things that they have had in common while testing this entire time is software the power supply and the wiring to the wall which was a theory of mine I live in a year old house and I think it's bad wiring causing it to crash but I could and probably am wrong Any ideas at all would be greatly appreciated

A:mostly sporadic BSOD

One of the most frequent causes of stop 0x124 BSOD in windows 7 is the missing service pack.

Install Service pack 1 and all other windows updates. Otherwise the system will remain vulnerable to threats including stop 0x124 BSOD.

Code:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7600 MP (2 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS
Built by: 7600.16385.amd64fre.win7_rtm.090713-1255
Learn how to install Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1)
Service Pack and Update Center - Microsoft Windows
Report us for any further BSOD after doing it.

Code:
BugCheck 124, {0, fffffa8004ff0038, 0, 0}

Probably caused by : AuthenticAMD

---------

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/372122-mostly-sporadic-bsod.html
Relevancy 39.13%

When booting up screen icons may function properly or they may not. When they don't the screen freezes and I have to shut down. Often it seems the longer I leave machine off the better it works next time. I never know when it will act up. Sometimes it works fine and all icons function the way they are supposed to, other times it is pure *%$#@ (misery) Can anyone explain why this is?
Thanx

A:XP Sporadic Freeze Up

Alot of times you can track down the problem by checking your error log.
For those who don't know where the error log is located.
[1] Start Menu
[2] Help and Support
[3] Pick a Task
[4] Tools
[5] Advanced System Information
[6] View the Error Log

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/xp-sporadic-freeze-up.352102/
Relevancy 39.13%

Where to begin Here s what I have had to look all of this up Windows XP Pro Version SP Norton Internet Security HP Compac dc Pentium reg CPU GHz GHz GB of RAM GB Drive C Router Linksys Xp Hang-ups Sporadic WRT GL Internet T-Lab Wireless I am NOT super knowledgable so hopefully I can explain my problem We are a small home run network computers mine my husbands my Mom We are very rural and have always struggled with internet services slow and not many options Several years ago we were able to switch from dial-up to Satellite it was like discovering fire our dial up was K at its very Xp Sporadic Hang-ups best The latency was annoying altho still dramatic better connect speeds than with dial-up Sometime during our Satellite days hubby and I went wireless on our home network him first Eventually he installed a Linksys WUSB GC on my computer annoying what it did to my log-in and shut down screens but Xp Sporadic Hang-ups otherwise just great On Sep we entered the st century and got a Wireless Broadband service provider OMG what a difference HOWEVER that s when MY problems began Periodically my computer will freeze or hang-up I can have anywhere from to windows open when this happens it s totally variable I can move my mouse around but I ll have virtually no Windows functionality I cannot rite click I cannot cannot engage Task Manager I cannot get a CMD prompt on the taskbar where I have the minimized applications like Explorer I should be able to place my cursor there and a little window will pop up showing what each IE window is but that little window will NOT come up If my IE windows are collapsed there is NO way to get to them The only thing I can do and that s IF I have a window up on my screen at the time is rite click on an X to shut down a window Sometimes if I can get a window shut down then I can quot reuse quot that resource or whatever it s called and then any request that would use one more window will work Sometimes however it just keeps backing me down and the of windows I can have open get fewer and fewer I discover the quot freeze quot when a new window won t open when right click stops working when I can t get to the address book when I m writing an email etc etc It s not program specific I always have email open I always have several explorer windows open I may or may not have other programs open Sometimes in total frustration I just restart my computer Husband does not encounter this problem at all Here s what we ve tried Hubby hooked me back up to the satellite problem went away He hooked me back up to the wireless problem came back The only thing I had on my computer that was different from hubby was a more current Linksys and I hated the way it made me log-on as Admin and bla bla bla so we removed the Linksys wireless from my computer did an Uninstall and hardwired me to the Wireless That has not solved the problem I ran a full system scan totally clean I can t tell you anything other than what windows I have open when this occurs since I can t get ANYTHING to open not a CMD prompt not TM not nuthin I always have my email open Outlook Express I may have from - IE windows open I may or may not have other programs open Doesn t seem to matter Somehow just ME seems to be butting heads with the T-Lab wireless but not always There s nothing in Dr Watson log at all There s nothing consistent in the Event Log that we can see HELP Where do we start to troubleshoot If I go back to satellite the problem goes BOOF but it s like walking in molasses grief I think I m starting to whine Thanks to anyone and everyone who can help me I m desperate in the middle of nowhere Texas

A:Xp Sporadic Hang-ups

I need to correct a small error in my post...
I have .99GB of RAM... not .00GB
Sorry...

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/69293/xp-sporadic-hang-ups/
Relevancy 38.7%

I was playing BF3 on my dell l501x and decided to take switch servers so I went to quit the game, after clicking quit the whole computer locked up and I received a bsod shortly after.

Now everytime I restart I get the 0x7E bsod. I got into safe mode but before it loads completely it gives me 0x74 error if I remember correctlt. I'm going to try and grab a screen of it.

I tried startup repair, nothing. Kept restarting and trying to the point where going into safe mode froze up. So I ran startup repair and its doing something. Not sure this will fix it as it didnt do anything earlier.

In the mean time here is the 0x7E.

A:Tried to quit BF3 got BSOD. Now consistent.

If / when you can...

We do need the DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.

You may be able to get the DMP files without crashing by booting into safe mode (F8) with networking.

The procedure:

* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
To ensure minidumps are enabled:

*Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl Press Enter.
*Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery - Settings... button.
*Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
*Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kb) in the drop down box (the 256kb varies).
*Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
*OK.
Reboot if changes have been made.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/199520-tried-quit-bf3-got-bsod-now-consistent.html
Relevancy 38.7%

Hello I when gaming Consistent BSOD am getting consistent BSODs after a few hours Consistent BSOD when gaming of gaming Has happened while playing Rage and more consistently when playing Skyrim I have never Consistent BSOD when gaming gotten BSODs in any other situation From this I suspect these BSODs are either GPU or RAM related Recently got a new GTX GB and GB of RAM have noticed the BSODs more frequently I don't think it's an overheating CPU as the temperatures seem fine but who knows After a recent BSOD my monitor would not turn off Displayed a black screen until I unplugged the power Now the monitor will not go into quot power save quot mode when the computer is turned off or asleep nor will it go into power save mode when connected to a different computer Running a retail version of Windows Ultimate x on custom built hardware i k P motherboard GB RAM GTX GB I have attached my Windows NT BSOD jcgriff folder However please disregard the few I think or DMP files created BEFORE October as that was with slightly different hardware Thank you

A:Consistent BSOD when gaming

Quote: Originally Posted by Qusus

Hello, I am getting consistent BSODs after a few hours of gaming. Has happened while playing Rage, and more consistently when playing Skyrim.

I have never gotten BSODs in any other situation.

From this, I suspect these BSODs are either GPU or RAM related. Recently got a new GTX 460 1GB and 8GB of RAM have noticed the BSODs more frequently. I don't think it's an overheating CPU as the temperatures seem fine, but who knows?

After a recent BSOD, my monitor would not turn off. Displayed a black screen until I unplugged the power. Now, the monitor will not go into "power save" mode when the computer is turned off or asleep, nor will it go into power save mode when connected to a different computer.

Running a retail version of Windows 7 Ultimate x64 on custom built hardware (i7 875k, P55 motherboard, 8GB RAM, GTX 460 1GB.)

I have attached my Windows_NT6_BSOD_jcgriff2 folder. However, please disregard the few (I think 3 or 4?) DMP files created BEFORE October 2011 as that was with slightly different hardware.

Thank you.

The newest crash was Related to SCMNdisP.sys NDIS User mode I/O Driver from Windows (R) Codename Longhorn DDK provider.

Unless absolutely necessary I would remove it at least to test. Yours if from 2007.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/199171-consistent-bsod-when-gaming.html
Relevancy 38.7%

Brand new computer specs to follow with minimal software installed No regular pattern but usually happens within first minutes of starting the computer including safe mode The Computer New Consistent BSOD following is information taken from an analysis software As you can see there has been numerous crashes within days note the computer was purchased and arrived on the th April so New Computer BSOD Consistent less than days use Any help New Computer BSOD Consistent greatly appreciated System Information local computer name WINDOWS BIT windows version Windows build windows dir C Windows CPU AuthenticAMD AMD Athlon tm II X Processor AMD level logical processors active mask RAM total VM free Crash Dump Analysis Crash dump directory C Windows Minidump Crash dumps are enabled on your computer On Thu GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmp This was probably caused by the following module win k sys win k xCA B Bugcheck code x B xC xFFFFF FA B xFFFFF C x Error SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION file path C Windows system win k sys product Microsoft Windows Operating System company Microsoft Corporation description Multi-User Win Driver Bug check description This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module Your system configuration may be incorrect Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system which cannot be identified at this time On Thu GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows memory dmp This was probably caused by the following module win k sys win k memset x B Bugcheck code x B xC xFFFFF FA B xFFFFF C x Error SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION file path C Windows system win k sys product Microsoft Windows Operating System company Microsoft Corporation description Multi-User Win Driver Bug check description This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module Your system configuration may be incorrect Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system which cannot be identified at this time On Thu GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmp This was probably caused by the following module athurx sys athurx x DDA Bugcheck code xD x x x xFFFFF CDDA Error DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL file path C Windows system drivers athurx sys product Driver for Atheros CB CB MB MB Network Adapter company Atheros Communications Inc description Atheros Extensible Wireless LAN device driver Bug check description This indicates that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver athurx sys Atheros Extensible Wireless LAN device driver Atheros Communications Inc Google query athurx sys Atheros Communications Inc DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL On Wed GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmp This was probably caused by the following module usbport sys USBPORT x Bugcheck code x E xFFFFFFFFC xFFFFF xFFFFF F F xFFFFF F A Error SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED M file path C Windows system drivers usbport sys product Microsoft Windows Operating System company Microsoft Corporation description USB amp Port Driver Bug check description This indicates that a system thread generated an exception which the error handler did not catch This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused ... Read more

A:New Computer BSOD Consistent

Quote: Originally Posted by davidbain

Brand new computer (specs to follow) with minimal software installed. No regular pattern but usually happens within first 15 minutes of starting the computer, including safe mode. The following is information taken from an analysis software. As you can see there has been numerous crashes within 2 days, note the computer was purchased and arrived on the 20th April so less than 2 days use. Any help greatly appreciated.

System Information (local)

computer name: WINDOWS7_64BIT
windows version: Windows 7 , 6.1, build: 7600
windows dir: C:\Windows
CPU: AuthenticAMD AMD Athlon(tm) II X4 640 Processor AMD586, level: 16
4 logical processors, active mask: 15
RAM: 4025802752 total
VM: 2147352576, free: 1950105600
Crash Dump Analysis

Crash dump directory: C:\Windows\Minidump

Crash dumps are enabled on your computer.
On Thu 21/04/2011 17:12:17 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\042111-19640-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: win32k.sys (win32k+0xCA36B)
Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC0000005, 0xFFFFF960000FA36B, 0xFFFFF88003C12040, 0x0)
Error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
file path: C:\Windows\system32\win32k.sys
product: Microsoft? Windows? Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: Multi-User Win32 Driver
Bug check description: This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system which cannot be identified at this time.
On Thu 21/04/2011 17:12:17 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\memory.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: win32k.sys (win32k!memset+0x652B)
Bugcheck code: 0x3B (0xC0000005, 0xFFFFF960000FA36B, 0xFFFFF88003C12040, 0x0)
Error: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
file path: C:\Windows\system32\win32k.sys
product: Microsoft? Windows? Operating System
company: Microsoft Corporation
description: Multi-User Win32 Driver
Bug check description: This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code.
This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem.
The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module. Your system configuration may be incorrect. Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system which cannot be identified at this time.
On Thu 21/04/2011 05:46:23 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\042111-20125-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: athurx.sys (athurx+0x60DDA)
Bugcheck code: 0xD1 (0x1206, 0x2, 0x1, 0xFFFFF8800886CDDA)
Error: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
file path: C:\Windows\system32\drivers\athurx.sys
product: Driver for Atheros CB42/CB43/MB42/MB43 Network Adapter
company: Atheros Communications, Inc.
description: Atheros Extensible Wireless LAN device driver
Bug check description: This indicates that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high.
A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error. It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver: athurx.sys (Atheros Extensible Wireless LAN device driver, Atheros Communications, Inc.).
Google query: athurx.sys Atheros Communications, Inc. DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

On Wed 20/04/2011 21:54:48 GMT your computer crashed
crash dump file: C:\Windows\Minidump\042111-31031-01.dmp
This was probably caused by the following module: usbport.sys (USBPORT+0x22194)
Bugcheck code: 0x1... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/158487-new-computer-bsod-consistent.html
Relevancy 38.7%

This problem only started recently. When my computer starts, its fine for about the first 5 minutes, then my windows xp pro starts running extremely slow, everything practically freezes up, and i see my free memory drops from around 300 megs to only 4 or 5, and the slowness will last until i restart my computer for most of the times. If i let the computer sit, sooner or later, the low virtual memory message pops up.

I am running on windows xp pro with a 2.4 ghz pent 4, 512 megs of ram - this has never been a problem before!

Thanks for helping, if i could provide any more information, please let me know.

Relevancy 38.7%

I am getting consistent blue screens, freezing, and crashes in games which send me straight to my desktop. Some games more and less consistently than others. It only seems to crash when playing and never crashes while idle in menus. varying from just a few minutes to being in game for an hour. PLEASE HELP.

A:Consistent crashing issues

Have you installed any GPU Drivers lately ?

If not, maybe update it and see if it makes a difference.

Download Drivers

Scroll down a bit and choose the "Manually Select Your Driver" and fill in the blanks by expanding the menus.

To uninstall the older driver, go to Programs & Features. Select "AMD Catalyst Install Manager" and click on it
to uninstall.

Restart PC and re-install new one choosing the Express Install.

Restart once more after installation complete.

And welcome to the Forums.

EDIT : Let us kow how it went. If it didn't fix your problem, we will start from scratch. (eg. lots of questions to answer)

http://www.pchelpforum.com/gaming/124448-consistent-crashing-issues.html
Relevancy 38.7%

Gateway laptop with Vista Home Premium consistenly boots to BSOD with the following;

Stop: 0x...f4
0x....03
0x85F5D570
0x85f5d6bc
0x82054400

I'm sure I caused by incorrectly copying files to resolve previous issue of missing bootmanager that happened suddenly.

Please help, I'm spinning wheels now.
Thanks,
Eskay

A:Consistent BSOD Stop f4 03

The STOP 0xf4 error is a Critical Object Termination error message (brief description here: http://aumha.org/a/stop.php#0xf4 ) The first parameter (the 0x00000003) is an indication that it was a process that terminated.

I'd suspect that you are correct in assuming that it was caused by copying files around. Have you tried to run Startup Repair? Are you able to get into Windows in either normal or Safe Mode?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/consistent-bsod-stop-f4-03-a-374670.html
Relevancy 38.7%

I've had my PC for just about years now it was custom built by myself and in those years it has never had a BSOD until today I first got a BSOD earlier today whilst playing Arkham City I thought nothing of it and just rebooted my machine and it was working fine for a few hours then after boot BSOD Consistent I got another BSOD whilst just browsing the web I started to get a bit suspicious but I restarted my machine and continued then a couple Consistent BSOD after boot of hours later the same thing happened again Now when ever I boot my machine after about mins I get a BSOD I have not installed any new hardware or software and one thing I have noticed is that the BSOD error seems to be different each time I haven't taken note of all the errors its thrown up but here are a few BAD POOL HEADER SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION PFN LIST CORRUPT My main suspicion is that my RAM has gone currently running memtest to check that out Can anyone shed any light on what has possibly gone wrong

A:Consistent BSOD after boot

Hi.

Follow these first steps and upload here the crash\bsod files.

http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/212342-consistent-bsod-after-boot.html
Relevancy 38.7%

Guys,

If you can help me... will love you forever

Background
------------Used to run Windows XP
Decided time for upgrade to Win 7
Tried to install as per normal installation procedures
Problem
-------
At Expanding FilesVarious PC Freezes
Soometime 0%, 1%, 5%, 28%, anything I have had in that range
Twice only has it reached 98% and froze but even leaving the PC running overnight it does not complete.
I have since tried a new DVD Drive and now a Brand New Hard Drive but still to no avail
Solution???
-----------

Well hoping you guys can help, have attatched the CPU-Z text document in the hope it might shed some light into anything I have missed.

Many Thanks in Advance

-Milli

A:Non-Consistent Installation Freezing

Welcome to SevenForums milli,

Have you taken a few minutes to read these two threads ?

Questions to use for help with Installation Issues

Tutorial quick reference list for Installing Windows 7

We are trying to help a lot of new users & will get back to you shortly

Thanks

" Doc "

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/33981-non-consistent-installation-freezing.html
Relevancy 38.7%

Just got a new build and keep getting crashes while gaming on certain games. I've monitored temps and haven't been any where near thresholds. I stress tested the PC using Prime95 and other benchmarks. A screen print of the minidump analysis is included. Thanks for any help you are able to provide!

A:New build, consistent crashes.

Please read BSOD Posting Instructions

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/38654-new-build-consistent-crashes.html
Relevancy 38.7%

I have a user experiencing consistent account lockouts daily.
Netlogon logs show the following:
11/03 09:14:37 [LOGON] CHURCHILL: SamLogon: Transitive Network logon of (null)\gittyb from  (via CHURCHILL54) Entered
11/03 09:14:37 [LOGON] CHURCHILL: SamLogon: Transitive Network logon of (null)\gittyb from  (via CHURCHILL54) Returns 0xC000006A
I believe she is experiencing lockouts from two separate DC's.
Any ideas on how to resolve this?
Thanks, in advance.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/cd505796-2645-4950-8d07-7718c6b9d998/consistent-account-lockout?forum=w7itpronetworking
Relevancy 38.7%

Hi folks A friend tipped me off to this site and after reading through many posts to try and find a solution to my problem I am confident one of you will be able to help I receive DNS errors regularly when browsing After hitting refresh a couple times I Consistent DNS Error Messages m taken to the page I originally intended to travel to Also some pages do not load correctly pictures css do not load and I m left with a jumbled mess of texts Here s my hijackthis log I hope someone will be kind enough Consistent DNS Error Messages to assist me Thanks for your time and your trouble Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Unknown Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C Program Files x Hewlett-Packard HP Quick Launch Buttons QLBCTRL exeC Program Files x Norton Internet Security Engine ccSvcHst exeC Program Files x Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files x HP HP Software Update hpwuschd exeC Program Files x iTunes iTunesHelper exeC Program Files x PowerISO PWRISOVM EXEc Program Files x Hewlett-Packard TouchSmart Media Kernel CLML CLMLSvc exeC Program Files x Hewlett-Packard Shared hpqToaster exeC Program Files x iTunes iTunes exeC Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceHelper exeC Program Files x Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin distnoted exeC Users Ryan AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Users Ryan AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Users Ryan AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Users Ryan AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Program Files x uTorrent uTorrent exeC Users Ryan AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exeC Program Files x Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a ion amp pf cnnbR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a ion amp pf cnnbR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a ion amp pf cnnbR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a ion amp pf cnnbR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htmR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exeO - BHO HP Print Enhancer - C E- - -BF - C - C Program Files x HP Digital Imaging Smart Web Printing hpswp printenhancer dllO - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dllO - BHO no name - C C A-E - b - D - CECB - no file O - BHO Symantec NCO BHO - ADB E- AFF- - AA - DAC DFA - C Program Files x Norton Internet Security Engine coIEPlg dllO - BHO Symantec Intrusion Prevention - D EC - AAE- -AEEE-F F C - C Program Files x Norton Internet Security Engine IPSBHO DLLO - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C Program Files x Microsoft Office Office GrooveShellExtensions dllO - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dllO - BHO Microsoft Live Search Toolbar Helper - d ce e -f a- - e- dc f c f - c Program Files x MSN Toolbar msneshellx dllO - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dllO - BHO HP Smart BHO Class - FFFFFFFF-CF E- F B-BDC - E E A - C Program ... Read more

A:Consistent DNS Error Messages

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below I will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREAndWe Need to check for Rootkits with RootRepealDownload RootRepeal from the following location and save it to your desktop.First LocationSecond LocationThird LocationOpen on your desktop.Click the tab.Click the button.Check all seven boxes: Push OkCheck the box for your main system drive (Usually C:), and press Ok.Allow RootRepeal to run a scan of your system. This may take some time.Once the scan completes, push the button. Save the log to your desktop, using a distinctive name, such as RootRepeal.txt. Include this report in your next reply, please.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/290097/consistent-dns-error-messages/
Relevancy 38.7%

Hey guys After checking out the system event viewer on my freshly installed and put together system I m getting the same errors over and over I get entries that say Event Type Error Event Source Disk Event Category None Event ID Description The driver detected a controller error on Device Harddisk D For more information see Help and Support Center at http go microsoft com fwlink events asp Data b h b c e f ff ff ff ff f a a c e c a b amp Z amp bc ba h amp f f f b accompanied with this error Event Type Error Event Source atapi Event Category None Event ID Description A parity error was detected on Device Ide IdePort For more information see Help and Support Center at http go microsoft com fwlink events asp Data f d c amp Overall the system runs errors! event Consistent like a dream I m running xp pro sp with the following CPU- Intel Core Duo Desktop Processor E Conroe Consistent event errors! Motherboard - MSI P N SLI Platinum RAM - CORSAIR XMS GB x GB DDR PC Dual Channel Kit Video Card - XFX GeForce GT MB -bit GDDR HDCP ExTreme Edition PSU - CORSAIR CMPSU- HX W Seagate Barracuda ST AS GB RPM MB Cache SATA Gb s x s Maxtor gb IDE rpm - mb cache Lian-Li aluminum box CPU Cooling - Noctua NH-U F Creative SB Audigy Platinum Mackie Onyx F in internal media reader Adaptec AUA- USB amp Firewire PCI Adapter Card Liteon CDRW x x NEC DVDRW ND A Noctua NF-R and Consistent event errors! Apevia case fans Thanks for any help nbsp

A:Consistent event errors!

Hello.
Excellent job of providing the important information!
REALLY!

Per Microsoft, this often occurs because of a faulty ribbon cable.
Cheapest is to use a NEW / different unkinked, 40 pin, 80 connector IDE cable that is 24" long. They also come in 36", but the standard supports cables only 24" and shorter.

If that is not it, swap out the optical drives.

Both solutions have worked for me.

3rd possibility; bad IDE connector on the motherboard.
Solution: new motherboard or IDE controller into a PCI slot.

It MIGHT not hurt to check the jumpers, using master & slave settings instead of "cable select". Also, you could change the cable / IDE drive connections. Be sure to change the jumpers accordingly.

I have built PCs using Lian Li. Does your case have the feature that allows a tray to which the motherboard is attached to slide out the back? I think that is SO COOL!

Another option: use only SATA drives.

RF123

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/consistent-event-errors.607489/
Relevancy 38.7%

Been having hang ups on boots and shut downs as well as blue screens. All DMP files show ntoskrnl.exe as the problem.

How can I remedy this

A:Consistent Ntoskrnl.exe crashes

Code:

Loading Dump File [C:\Users\Mike\Downloads\BSODDmpFiles\schepplerj\011012-21762-01.dmp]

DbsSplayTreeRangeMap::Add: ignoring zero-sized range at ?fffff800`0493b3c0?
Symbol search path is: SRV*c:\users\mike\documents\symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7601 (Service Pack 1) MP (8 procs) Free x64
Built by: 7601.17640.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.110622-1506
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`03217000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`0345c670
Debug session time: Tue Jan 10 08:44:50.109 2012 (UTC - 7:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:11:52.015
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 9F, {3, fffffa8007471a10, fffff8000493b3d8, fffffa8009cd3910}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
Probably caused by : pci.sys

---------

0: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE (9f)
A driver is causing an inconsistent power state.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000003, A device object has been blocking an Irp for too long a time
Arg2: fffffa8007471a10, Physical Device Object of the stack
Arg3: fffff8000493b3d8, Functional Device Object of the stack
Arg4: fffffa8009cd3910, The blocked IRP

Debugging Details:
------------------

DRVPOWERSTATE_SUBCODE: 3

IMAGE_NAME: pci.sys

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 4ce7928f

MODULE_NAME: pci

FAULTING_MODULE: fffff88000e00000 pci

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x9F

STACK_TEXT:
fffff800`0493b388 fffff800`03301cd2 : 00000000`0000009f 00000000`00000003 fffffa80`07471a10 fffff800`0493b3d8 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff800`0493b390 fffff800`0329f5fc : fffff800`0493b4c0 fffff800`0493b4c0 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000001 : nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+0x34a90
fffff800`0493b430 fffff800`0329f496 : fffff880`084e5990 fffff880`084e5990 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiProcessTimerDpcTable+0x6c
fffff800`0493b4a0 fffff800`0329f37e : 00000001`a864f3db fffff800`0493bb18 00000000`0000b249 fffff800`0340cba8 : nt!KiProcessExpiredTimerList+0xc6
fffff800`0493baf0 fffff800`0329f167 : 00000000`52c834c2 00000000`0000b249 00000000`52c834ec 00000000`00000049 : nt!KiTimerExpiration+0x1be
fffff800`0493bb90 fffff800`0328b96a : fffff800`03409e80 fffff800`03417cc0 00000000`00000001 fffff880`00000000 : nt!KiRetireDpcList+0x277
fffff800`0493bc40 00000000`00000000 : fffff800`0493c000 fffff800`04936000 fffff800`0493bc00 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiIdleLoop+0x5a

FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner

FAILURE_BUCKET_... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/207528-consistent-ntoskrnl-exe-crashes.html
Relevancy 38.7%

Hi,

I recently bought a computer premade (first I did not build in a while), and works like a charm aside from two games. Portal 2 and now XCOM (both purchased on Steam). Other games work perfectly (everything from GW2 to Civ V or The Witcher), it is only these. Kinda curious.

.dmp log included.

Note: Video drivers have been updated, but I didn't want to flash BIOS unless I was sure it was the problem. Too big a risk .

Much thanks in advance!

A:Consistent BSOD with 2 Games

Hello starkindler201 .... is it solved already?

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 124, {0, fffffa80083f5038, 0, 0}

Probably caused by : AuthenticAMD

---------
It is a Stop 0x124, and what you need here is to follow Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try.

Let us know if you have any question about it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/262708-consistent-bsod-2-games.html
Relevancy 38.7%

Hello I'm a little computer illiterate and usually just crashing problems consistent Few google how to solve all my problems but there have been separate issues that cause my laptop to crash every so often First one is happens only on Chrome in gmail whenever I try to use the video option via chat it instantly crashes and I get this error attached as untitled I get a little message afterwards saying Shockwave has crashed This only happens in Gmail on chrome every other website I can think of video works fine and my cam works fine on every other browser nd one causes Few consistent crashing problems my entire computer to crash not just my browser Ill be browsing and suddenly my gpu goes insane and starts flashing then after a bit it completely crashes upon startup I get an error log saying this Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the Few consistent crashing problems problem BCCode BCP FFFFFA E BCP FFFFF A D BCP BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users Kevin AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml Read our privacy statement online Windows Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows If the online privacy statement is not available please read our privacy statement offline C Windows system en-US erofflps txt As for my system specs I have see attached untitled Thank you Kevin

A:Few consistent crashing problems

Please follow the instructions here
http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html
I appreciate your efforts but those minidump files are usually the best way to troubleshoot over the net like this.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/173912-few-consistent-crashing-problems.html
Relevancy 38.7%

Vista Home Premium SP IE BitDefender Internet Security Something just started happening on my computer tonight and I have no idea why Every time I open IE or even go from one site to another this Internet Security warning box pops up having to do with Adobe Flash Player I click to allow over and over and it just keeps popping up I finally selected the box to not show Security Consistent IE strange and box this warning again so I could get rid of it because I couldn't do a thing with it popping up time consecutively I am attaching a screen shot Just prior to this I kept getting the same box for the HP Smart Web Printing add on I have I kept clicking to allow because I thought it might want to do an update but I'd click allow and the box would just come right back so I disabled that Then the same thing started happening Consistent and strange IE Security box for this Adobe Flash Player Another strange thing that's been happening tonight has to do with BitDefender I have it scheduled to do a deep scan every evening at It did it's Consistent and strange IE Security box scan tonight but the scan has tried to start again several times including just now I went ahead and let it scan There was nothing found in the scan performed at and right after that I ran a full scan with Malwarebytes and there was nothing found Could I have a trojan or something I closed IE waited a bit and then reopened it and this time the same box popped up for Adobe Shockwave Player Please if anyone knows why this could be happening help

A:Consistent and strange IE Security box

It doesn't look like I'm going to get any answers on this, but I wanted to add one more strange thing that happened.

I always use Google for searches. I typed a topic in the search box tonight and Web Crawler came up.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/consistent-and-strange-ie-security-box-439357.html
Relevancy 38.7%

Hi ever since I bought my ex-demo Sony Vaio Flip A it kept on BSOD randomly It usually happens when I leave my computer on for long time In my old laptop I used to have a faulty ram so I thought they may share the same cause I BSOD but consistent Random did the memory check and the rams are fine Nothing has been done to the laptop in terms of hardware except for switching out the HDD with samsung SSD but BSOD happened before and after Random but consistent BSOD the change so I don't think this is the cause BSOD seems to occur when I leave the computer on for long time and very RARELY does it happen within couple of hours of booting it up When I take it to work where I constantly turn it on and off during work hours everything works fine Another oddity other than BSOD is sometimes the chrome becomes unresponsive and need to go to task manager to turn each of the chromes off

A:Random but consistent BSOD

First attachment is empty for some reason, this is the non-empty zip file

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/58897-random-but-consistent-bsod.html
Relevancy 38.7%

Far too many web page errors (not every page)- things like

Line: 1
Char: 1
Error: Object expected
Code: 0
URL: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?

I have searched the forums, switched off the debuggers and still occurs. Even www.canon.usa.com (which might reasonably be expected to have debugged web pages) is unusable.

Any ideas appreciated (This morning upgraded to IE 7, no change).

THanks!

A:Consistent IE Script errors

How to Troubleshoot Script Errors in Internet Explorer

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/consistent-ie-script-errors-125995.html
Relevancy 38.7%

Hi I have been a moocher of this site on several occasions due to previous issues but finally at my wit s end on this one I have a homemade PC cobbled together from parts of other PC s I ve Issue Consistent Rebooting scrounged over the years Over the last weeks or so I ve been infected with that quot Internet Security quot malware Consistent Rebooting Issue that was floating around and I was able to get rid of it using MalwareBytes and this site days ago however I noticed that my FireFox was crashing randomly So I grabbed AVG free again to see if there were any issues updated and did a full scan All the while AVG was popping up a window saying that winlogon exe was infected and it reported it as Consistent Rebooting Issue such when the scan completed It either quarantined it or deleted what else was there only a few minor things besides winlogon After that I rebooted and it s been doing the same thing ever since I ll get the POST screen the Windows XP Pro splash screen where it would run it s course The splash would run for Consistent Rebooting Issue about a minute go blank and my computer would reboot I cannot find my XP cd but I thought a repair would fix it so I borrowed a friend s burned quot copy quot I was able to run the windows setup however I see no option to run the Repair or Recovery whichever it is Will the repair Iso offered in the pinned thread help me with this Sorry for asking I m at work and this is my only other internet access at this point EDIT Oh and it does the same thing when trying to load both Safe Mode and Safe Mode w Networking And I don t see a quot Last Good Config quot option

A:Consistent Rebooting Issue

I think the same thing happened to me, with AVG etc.. I borrowed anXP cd, and i can get into the Recovery Console, but I'm no sure what to do from there.HELP ANYONE????

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/296278/consistent-rebooting-issue/
Relevancy 38.7%

Hello,
Im currently on a 256KB/s Plan with 500MB monthly download and after the intial 500MB my speed drops to Dial-Up Speed - 64KB/s. However since few days ago my internet has been acting weird, first very high sppeds 2-4MB/s did great! But then later I was down to 10-100BYTES/s So slow nothing would load: MSN/Firefox/Internet Explorer/Google Earth/Anti-Tools Updates nothing. So I was just wondering if there is a solution to fix this problem?

Many Thanks,
Pro

Relevancy 38.7%

hello i have been having a lot of problems with my computer recently when running a game everything will go fine at first but then less than one minute in suddenly everything will crash and my computer will reboot windows reports a multitude of error reports and possible sollutions but none of them work ive tried updating the drivers for my card bfg geforce gs oc purchased th february with crashes consistent computer the latest drivers released by nvidia the drivers that came with consistent computer crashes the card and the drivers that originally came with the pc for my old nvidia card i have also tried the windows memory diagnostic but this was no help whatsoever and crashes during the scan this happens on every single game and often just in windows where it will suddenly crash and reboot by unableing automatic restart in the event of a system failure and setting consistent computer crashes write debuging infomation to none i was able to get this specific error message from the game lord of the rings battle for middle-earth quot Game crash Direct D error x x D DERR DRIVERINTERNALERROR addresses unknown game dat Debug ostStaticInit unknown game dat FXParticleSystem CategoryModuleClass lt gt getName unknown game dat Region D width unknown game dat IRegion D peration unknown game dat UnicodeString UnicodeString unknown game dat UnicodeString UnicodeString unknown game dat Debug ostStaticInit unknown game dat operator lt lt char gt unknown game dat Xfer Xfer unknown kernel dll RegisterWaitForInputIdle Because of the severity of this error the game will now exit quot i have also attatched a screenshot of the error message i was hoping that you would be able to tell me what is causing this problem and if it is a problem with the card or ram or something else as i am really stumped if this is not enough infomation or you need an error message from another game or program please tell me and i will do my best to get more infomation on the problem thank you in advance aaron rose nbsp

A:consistent computer crashes

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

Check your system temperatures.

Update your graphics card drivers.

Go HERE and follow the instructions.

If that doesn`t help. Zip 5 or 6 of your latest minidumps together and attach them here.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/consistent-computer-crashes.45946/
Relevancy 38.7%

Hey I'm new to this site, and somewhat clueless about internet ... but I can't deal with constant lag and resetting the modem any longer. For the last month or so, my internet suddenly crashes unexpectedly. So I turn off my computer and unplug modem and router to reset internet. This happens at least 2 times a day, most was 8 times. I also have consistent lag when I'm playing online games. The lag doesn't last long but it occurs often enough to annoy anyone. This happens on games like Couter-strike, World of Warcraft, and Xbox Live. I appreciate any help.

A:internet crashes / consistent lag

First step is for you to determine whether the "crash" (does that mean disconnect?) is between ISP and modem, modem and router, or router and computer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/internet-crashes-consistent-lag.759804/
Relevancy 38.7%

Hello,

For the past few months, I have been experiencing a lot of BSOD (Blue Screen of Death) errors when using my machine just for normal purposes (YouTube, Outlook email, general web browsing). My desktop is a pretty powerful machine, and it definitely is not hardware related, though, I am running three different monitors (all at 1080p) with my desktop PC.

I have attached a screenshot of the errors I am receiving, all directly from the software BlueScreenView:
My system specs:
Can someone please help me in resolving these issues? I have been avoiding using Windows 8 on this machine for some time (I also dual boot with Ubuntu 14.04). I really need this machine to work properly with Windows 8, and bring it back to its original performance.

A:Consistent BSOD When using Desktop PC Normally

Just wanted to bump this, does anyone have any response? Really can use some help here...

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/64395-consistent-bsod-when-using-desktop-pc-normally.html
Relevancy 38.7%

About a issues help consistent Need BSOD with year and a half ago I helped my friend build a computer Basically everything in the computer was bought new with the exception of the Need help with consistent BSOD issues case the power supply and Need help with consistent BSOD issues the cd rom drives At first everything seemed to work fine however then it began to show consistent recurring BSOD problems The only consistent pattern we have noticed is that it pretty much always happens while playing or even attempting to play a video game It has happened occasionally outside of games but games pretty much always cause a BSOD eventually if they even load at all The system specs are Windows Home Edition bit OEM This was not the original os but we formatted the hard drive when we built it The hard drive had windows xp from the other computer he had used it in AMD Phenom II X Ati Radeon gb of ram The games that have caused problems are Morrowind Oblivion dragon age origins dragon age and The witcher Most of these games would essentially crash when launched often resulting in a BSOD Any help would be greatly appreciated Let me know if I can provide more information that would help

A:Need help with consistent BSOD issues

Quote: Originally Posted by Abremer00

About a year and a half ago I helped my friend build a computer. Basically everything in the computer was bought new, with the exception of the case, the power supply and the cd rom drives. At first everything seemed to work fine, however then it began to show consistent recurring BSOD problems. The only consistent pattern we have noticed is that it pretty much always happens while playing or even attempting to play a video game. It has happened occasionally outside of games, but games pretty much always cause a BSOD eventually if they even load at all.

The system specs are:
Windows 7 Home Edition 64 bit (OEM) This was not the original os but we formatted the hard drive when we built it. The hard drive had windows xp from the other computer he had used it in.
AMD Phenom II X2 555
Ati Radeon 5770
3gb of ram.

The games that have caused problems are Morrowind, Oblivion, dragon age origins, dragon age 2 and The witcher 2. Most of these games would essentially crash when launched, often resulting in a BSOD.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Let me know if I can provide more information that would help.

The most recent crash in these was from May 2011. Have you had any crashes since then? If so, can you upload them to us.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/187813-need-help-consistent-bsod-issues.html
Relevancy 38.7%

Hello,

I find myself in an interesting situation where a user of mine is insisting everything they open up be in the list view. In the past I have corrected this by going to folder options and after configuring the desired view and applied folder settings to all folders. Certain open or save dialogs appear to still open in the details view inconsistently. Am I missing something? Is there way to force all explorer, open, save, etc windows to show files in a particular view?

Any help or insight on this would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Sorry, forgot to mention the important info on the system the user has! It is a Windows 7 Pro 64-bit SP1 machine.

A:File Views Are Not Consistent

In Windows 7, each Library has its own View settings that are completely independent from the View settings of the actual folders. So looking at a folder through the Libraries will be seen through that Library's View setting, and then looking at that same folder directly (not through the Libraries) will show it through that folder's View setting.

So I'm saying that this might be what's happening.

For example: I have a folder that I manually included in my Pictures library. The folder itself has the Large icons view, and the Pictures Library has the Extra Large Icons view. So I get the Large view when looking directly at the folder, and then I get the Extra Large view when I'm looking at it through the Pictures library.

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/290846-file-views-not-consistent.html
Relevancy 38.7%

Google comes up as Can t use it With other search engines like Bing I am almost always redirected even when choosing what appears to be a valid URL Thank you and consistent - 404 redirects Google very much for providing this valuable and valued service Bob DDS Google 404 - and consistent redirects Ver - - - NTFSx Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Bob at on - - Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - AV Lavasoft Ad-Watch Live Anti-Virus Enabled Google 404 - and consistent redirects Updated A C F E - FDE- -AFAE- EFC EDE AV Microsoft Security Essentials Enabled Updated EDB FA - B - AFA- C D- CCA AV Microsoft Google 404 - and consistent redirects Security Essentials Disabled Updated BCF -A - -AEDE-D FCBCFCDF AV Best Malware Protection Enabled Updated F CDF D -B B- AD - D- A C E FW Best Malware Protection Enabled Running Processes C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C Program Files Microsoft Security Client Antimalware MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k WudfServiceGroup svchost exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWService exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS System DLA DLACTRLW EXE C Program Files Microsoft Security Client msseces exe C Program Files Logitech MouseWare system em exec exe svchost exe C program files real realplayer update realsched exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtcmd exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Adobe Adobe Acrobat Distillr acrotray exe C WINDOWS eHome ehRecvr exe C WINDOWS eHome ehSched exe C Program Files Flip Video FlipShare FlipShareService exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files LogMeIn x LMIGuardianSvc exe C Program Files LogMeIn x RaMaint exe C Program Files LogMeIn x LogMeIn exe C Program Files Comcast Desktop Doctor bin sprtsvc exe C Program Files Dell Support Center bin sprtsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Program Files Yahoo SoftwareUpdate YahooAUService exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS system dllhost exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exe C Program Files Mozilla Thunderbird thunderbird exe C Program Files Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe C Documents and Settings Bob My Documents Downloads Defogger exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www yahoo com fr fp-yie uSearch Page hxxp www google com uDefault Page URL hxxp www yahoo com fr fp-yie uSearchMigratedDefaultURL hxxp www google com search q searchTerms amp sourceid ie amp rls com microsoft en-US amp ie utf amp oe utf uWindow Title Windows Internet Explorer provided by Yahoo uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local uSearchAssistant hxxp www google com ie uSearchURL Default hxxp www google com search q s mSearchAssistant hxxp www google com ie uURLSearchHooks Yahoo Toolbar ef bd -c fb- d - f- d f - c program files yahoo companion installs cpn yt dll mWinlogon Userinit c windows system userinit exe BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper d -c f - efb- b - eca - c program files yahoo companion installs cpn yt dll BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper e f-c d - d -b d- b d be b - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO Yahooo Search Protection bc - bfa- ea-b - b d d - c program files yahoo search protection ysp dll BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer c e -b - bc - - c ca - c documents and settings all users application data real realplayer browserrecordplugin ie rpbrowserrecordplugin dll BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - f - d - - d f - c progra spybot SDHelper dll BHO DriveLetterAccess ca d e- - cf- e - - c windows system dla DLASHX W DLL BHO SSVH... Read more

A:Google 404 - and consistent redirects

Hello and Welcome to the forums! My name is Gringo and I'll be glad to help you with your computer problems. Somethings to remember while we are working together.Do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!please Do not Attach logs or put in code boxes.Tell me about any problems that have occurred during the fix.Tell me of any other symptoms you may be having as these can help also.Do not run anything while running a fix.Do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!Click on the Watch Topic Button and select Immediate Notification and click on proceed, this will help you to get notified faster when I have replied and make the cleaning process faster.Please print out or make a copy in notpad of any instructions given, as sometimes it is necessary to go offline and you will lose access to them.Run Combofix:You may be asked to install or update the Recovery Console (Win XP Only) if this happens please allow it to do so (you will need to be connected to the internet for this)Before you run Combofix I will need you to turn off any security software you have running, If you do not know how to do this you can find out >here< or >here<Combofix may need to reboot your computer more than once to do its job this is normal.You can download Combofix from one of these links.Link 1Link 2Link 3 1. Close any open browsers or any other programs that are open.2. Close/disable all anti virus and anti malware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.Double click on combofix.exe & follow the prompts. When finished, it will produce a report for you. Note 1: Do not mouseclick combofix's window while it's running. That may cause it to stallNote 2: If you recieve an error "Illegal operation attempted on a registery key that has been marked for deletion." Please restart the computer"information and logs"In your next post I need the following
Log from Combofixlet me know of any problems you may have had
How is the computer doing now?Gringo

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/424802/google-404-and-consistent-redirects/
Relevancy 38.7%

Hello I have been having problems with my computer please help issues, computer Consistent now for about a month Consistent computer issues, help please and after doing almost all that I can possibly do to fix it I have turned to this forum for some real help My computer has gotten to the point where it freezes roughly every minute or so for a span of about - seconds I have run multiple anti-virus softwares including spyware doctor yet have still not been able to fix this issue Another issue I'm having with my pc is receiving the Blue Screen of death quite frequently I had to restart my computer several times while running the GMER scan due to blue screens popping up The messages I received during these blue screens were quot IRQL not less or equal quot and quot PFN List Corrupt quot I am just hoping that these issues can be resolved somehow because this is the last thing I am going to try and go through before I purchase a new laptop By the way I do not have access to my Windows boot CD Thanks in advance Andrew Here is the DDS Scan you require DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Andrew at on Mon Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - Running Processes C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin WLKeeper exe svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system LEXBCES EXE C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system LEXPPS EXE svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor BDT BDTUpdateService exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe c program files mcafee com agent mcdetect exe c PROGRA mcafee com agent mctskshd exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C Program Files Dell NICCONFIGSVC NICCONFIGSVC exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HTTPFilter C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ZcfgSvc exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C PROGRA Intel Wireless Bin XConfig exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DVDLauncher exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C Documents and Settings Andrew Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jucheck exe C WINDOWS system msiexec exe C Documents and Settings Andrew Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Andrew Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Andrew Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Documents and Settings Andrew Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Andrew Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Documents and Settings Andrew My Documents Downloads dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www yahoo com fr fp-yie uWindow Title Windows Internet Explorer provided by Yahoo uDefault Page URL hxxp www yahoo com fr fp-yie uInternet Connection Wizard ShellNext hxxp www dell me com myway uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local BHO D -C F - efb- B - ECA - No File BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO PC Tools Browser Guard BHO a f d b- - ff -b - cce e - c program files spyware doctor bdt PCTBrowserDefen... Read more

A:Consistent computer issues, help please

Hello and Welcome to TSF.

Please Subscribe to this Thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant notification by email, then click Add Subscription.

Please note that the forum is very busy and if I don't hear from you within three days this thread will be closed.

------------------------------------------------------

Please note that these fixes are not instantaneous. Most infections require more than one round to properly eradicate.

Please stay with me until given the 'all clear' even if symptoms seemingly abate.

Kindly follow my instructions and please do no fixing on your own or running of scanners unless requested by a helper.

Please visit this webpage for download links, and instructions for running ComboFix:

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/comb...o-use-combofix

* Ensure you have disabled all antivirus and antimalware programs so they do not interfere with the running of ComboFix.

Get help here

Please post the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply for further review.

Please re-enable your antivirus before posting the ComboFix.txt log.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/consistent-computer-issues-help-please-510406.html
Relevancy 38.7%

Having some troubles with my PC and looking for any suggestions.

I can boot system and into windows but crash after 3 min, system powers itself off. This happens in safe mode as well.

Running XP Pro SP2
RAID 0 - Healthy array is detected during boot
Opteron 180

Thought it might be heat related but all temps are < 40C, fans working.
Trying to scan but system does not stay up long enough to complete.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/consistent-crash-after-boot.757194/
Relevancy 38.7%

For the past week or so, I've been getting a consistent BSOD every couple of hours. I'm unsure as to what is causing it, though around a month ago, I was getting a BSOD due to my 970 GPU drivers, but that had seemed to gone away. Can someone please take a look at my dmp's and logs and give me some insight on what might be causing the BSOD to occur?

I have attached my SF_Diag file

Thanks!
Ghudda

Relevancy 38.7%

Hello,

What is a good software to use for creating and editing templates and reports to keep them consistent?

I used Microsoft Word to create a template for my team to use but ran into formatting problems.
For example, my colleagues couldn't edit the charts and graphs in the report (something about not finding the linked file). They had to create graphs from scratch and just eyeballed to make sure the graphs were consistent with the template. They tell me this was a very inefficient method as inserting graphs would cause formatting changes that they would have to go back and fix. Therefore, rendering my template pretty useless.

Is there any way to keep the formatting consistent within Word or by using another program? I was thinking about InDesign, is that a good way to go about this?

Thank you everyone!

A:Creating consistent reports

Jennn,
I do not deal with Word Templates, but the question is intriguing. Some additional answers may help clarify this, and render a solution. This may be an office environment, or a telecomute. What versions of Word. What is the data coming from for inclusion in the templates. The first thing that comes to mind is that maybe yo get your data from mapped network drive F: from folder "Charts and Graphs". But Bill gets it from network Drive P: and Mary from Network Drive N: - a reason why they cannot find the linked files - this can all be fixed programmatically, but a deeper understanding of the conditions and needs I am sure will trigger responses.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/creating-consistent-reports.1086285/
Relevancy 38.7%

I'm on Win XP Pro SP and every - minutes my computer freezes for about seconds then unfreezes for about seconds then again for about seconds It Freezing - Consistent Spyware?? works just fine when it's not going through this double-freeze mode I'd guessed that there was a spyware process initiating and freezing things up but when I run SpyBot S amp D and MBAM there's nothing but cookies to remove I've also done a full scan with SpyHunter and nothing turned up I've done all of these scans in regular AND safe modes I'm usually able to detect and manually clean viruses but I'm a bit confused on this one as Consistent Freezing - Spyware?? there's no virus identified to attack I have a Lenovo T with a GB hard drive only half full and GB of RAM installed If it helps here's a HJT log Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Consistent Freezing - Spyware?? Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system ibmpmsvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system Consistent Freezing - Spyware?? svchost exe C Program Files Common Files BitDefender BitDefender Update Service livesrv exe C Program Files BitDefender BitDefender vsserv exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Intel WiFi bin S EvMon exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files LENOVO HOTKEY TPHKSVC exe C WINDOWS system IPSSVC EXE C Program Files ThinkPad ConnectUtilities AcPrfMgrSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Intel WiFi bin EvtEng exe C WINDOWS system inetsrv inetinfo exe C Program Files Common Files Intuit Update Service IntuitUpdateService exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C Program Files Mediafour MacDrive MacDriveService exe C Program Files Common Files Intuit QuickBooks QBCFMonitorService exe C Program Files Common Files Intel WirelessCommon RegSrvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Lenovo tvt reg monitor svc exe C WINDOWS system TpKmpSVC exe C Program Files Common Files Lenovo Scheduler tvtsched exe C Program Files ThinkPad Utilities PWMDBSVC EXE C Program Files Lenovo System Update SUService exe C Program Files ThinkPad ConnectUtilities AcSvc exe C WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exe C Program Files ThinkPad Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exe C Program Files ThinkPad ConnectUtilities SvcGuiHlpr exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C Program Files BitDefender BitDefender bdagent exe C Program Files BitDefender BitDefender seccenter exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Lenovo Scheduler scheduler proxy exe C Program Files Lenovo HOTKEY TPOSDSVC exe C Program Files Lenovo HOTKEY TPFNF R exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C PROGRA ThinkPad UTILIT EzEjMnAp Exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Analog Devices Core smax pnp exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C WINDOWS system TpShocks exe C Program Files Lenovo NPDIRECT TPFNF SP exe C Program Files Lenovo HOTKEY TPONSCR exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Lenovo Zoom TpScrex exe C Program Files Enigma Software Group SpyHunter SpyHunter exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPLpr exe C Program Files ThinkPad Bluetooth Software BTTray exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C PROGRA ThinkPad BLUETO BTSTAC EXE C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LVMVFM LVPrcSrv exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C WINDOWS system igfxext exe C WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Documents and Settings Justin Local Settings Application Data Google Chrome Application chrome exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe... Read more

A:Consistent Freezing - Spyware??

Hello and welcome to TSF.

HijackThis is no longer the preferred initial analysis tool in this forum.

We want all our members to perform the steps outlined in the link given below, before posting for assistance. There's a sticky at the top of this forum, and a
Quote:

Having problems with spyware and pop-ups? First Steps

link at the top of each page.

Please follow our pre-posting process outlined here:

http://www.techsupportforum.com/f50/...lp-305963.html

After running through all the steps, you shall have a proper set of logs. Please post them in a new topic, as this one shall be closed.

If you have trouble with one of the steps, simply move on to the next one, and make note of it in your reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/consistent-freezing-spyware-468559.html
Relevancy 38.7%

Not exactly what to put for specs Processor Intel Pentium GHz Hyper-Threading MHz Front side Socket mPGA Motherboard ASUS P C -E Deluxe with Intel p chipset Memory Comes with two MB GB total PC dual-inline Memory Modules Motherboard accepts DDR PC DDR PC or DDR PC Dimms Dual Channel supported only when identical pairs are used Motherboard contains four memory sockets in two pairs sockets and Upgradeable to a maximum of GB Maximum of GB Dimm per slot Drives NOTE This product does not come with a floppy drive A USB MB portable flash drive Two GB serial ATA rpm hard drives using raid Windows uses as one GB drive x x x x CDRW combination drive x DVD R RW drive Drive bays Four drive bays for optical drives three in use Six drive bays for hard drives three in use three open Video GeForce spiking in-game Consistent lag FX Ultra with MB memory X AGP with S-Video and DVI out Power Antec TrueBlue W power supply for ATX style motherboards provides blue lighting effects Supported operating system Microsoft Windows XP Professional Edition In games not sure why just games my computer freezes constantly but never crashes or reboots or anything Just I will open up a game program and it will freeze for seconds sometimes I ll hear a struggling-whir noise from the tower I will get control for or seconds then it will freeze again and it never ever ever ends This is both offline and online Games I have tried Warcraft World of Warcraft Microsoft Flight Simulator and HL This began roughly two weeks before thanksgiving and it s the th now and I still haven t fixed this dirty sonofabitch problem Four days ago because I have a year hardware warranty Consistent in-game lag spiking on this computer I took it to compUSA where I purchased it I just got it back today and they didn t do anything Consistent in-game lag spiking grrlgrlglrlgrglrglrglrgllrglrglrlglrgl that pissed me off Anyways When I got it back and began to boot it up I noticed that on the back of the tower the lower fan-thing was blinking blue light whereas the top power supply fan was a solid blue light I never noticed the flashing before and once the comp is on the flashing ceases and there is no blue light on the lower fan but the power supply was blue So I told this to some dumb techie at Compaq and he said that as long as the powersupply is running then the other fans are working I don t believe this is a fan problem because I get it back turn it on go into a game immediately and it still freezes as usual The power supply is also pretty cool I have searched this forum for similar problems closest being the Infinite Loop thing Only on the infinite loop it reboots or crashes My games continue just with extremelymother ingfreezing Help me before I turn emooooooooooo Arrogantly and with my cool new screen name W A S P nbsp

A:Consistent in-game lag spiking

See if there's anything here that might help.http://www.tweakguides.com/NVFORCE_13.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/consistent-in-game-lag-spiking.38210/
Relevancy 38.7%

It all happened while watching videos. The first time while I was watching a video on youtube, my computer frozed, then the sound is like lagging(machine gun-like) then I have to manually shut off my computer. The next time while I was watching a video, my screen went all black, then some lightbulb-like, exclamation marks-like symbols appeared. Then I have to manually shut it off again. When I restart it, the symbols appeared again along with lines of words. The next time I was watching a video, it went black screen again, then I noticed the beeping sounds. The pattern is like Beep, Beeeeeeeeeeep, *paused for 2 secs Beep Beeeeeeeeeeeeep* paused for 2 secs....... I dont know what the problem is. Someone please help me! I dont know how to deal with computers at all.

A:Consistent computer crashes

Hello and welcome to TSF.

Sounds like you're getting video errors to me. Even though you're not getting BSOD's, please follow these instructions: http://www.techsupportforum.com/f217...ns-452654.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/consistent-computer-crashes-515234.html
Relevancy 38.7%

I have been having consistent BSODs on two of my Win7 64bit systems. Will focus on one system at a time

This one is a Lenovo X201 laptop with OEM install of OS. To the best of my knowledge, the OS is uptodate as are all drivers. ESET Smart Security 4.2 is installed.

I appreciate your assistance.

John

A:Consistent BSOD, BCCode d1

Well to start with most of the dump files are pointing to ntkrnlmp.exe which my teacher taught me is a dead give away that the dmp is corrupt and that we should start with malware applications installed on the system and old bios and drivers and viruses.
So lets start with filling in all your computer specifications on your profile page filling in as detailed as you can the information. The app below I attached is a perfect application for getting all that info put in easily. Now if you would be so kind to uninstall your antivirus software that you have installed, here is a site for ESET removal please follow instructions carefully: How do I uninstall or reinstall ESET Smart Security/ESET NOD32 Antivirus? (5.x) - ESET Knowledgebase then install Microsoft Security Essentials at least untill were done troubleshooting your computer(s)-MSE: http://mse.dlservice.microsoft.com/d...mseinstall.exe

My suggestion is to enable Driver Verifier following this guide and letting your computer bsod a couple more times while it's enabled. Guide= Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable after the computer bsods at least twice disable driver verifier by opening the program again and deleting the settings either in normal mode or safe mode if you can't in normal mode. Then upload the dumps again according to the http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html

Code:
Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.12.0002.633 AMD64
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Loading Dump File [D:\Downloads\JRSlaptop\Windows_NT6_BSOD_jcgriff2\092011-24133-01.dmp]

Symbol search path is: SRV*F:\SymCache*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7601 (Service Pack 1) MP (4 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS
Built by: 7601.17640.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.110622-1506
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`02e4d000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`03092670
Debug session time: Tue Sep 20 13:16:43.971 2011 (UTC - 6:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:00:34.391
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck D1, {fffffa8015a00000, 2, 0, fffffa800ba453f5}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KiPageFault+260 )

---------

2: kd> lmtsmn
start end module name
fffff880`01193000 fffff880`011ea000 ACPI ACPI.sys Sat Nov 20 02:19:16 2010 (4CE79294)
fffff880`04400000 fffff880`04489000 afd afd.sys Sun Apr 24 20:33:58 2011 (4DB4DD96)
fffff880`049b6000 fffff880`049cc000 AgileVpn AgileVpn.sys Mon Jul 13 18:10:24 2009 (4A5BCCF0)
fffff880`014ab000 fffff880`014b6000 amdxata amdxata.sys Fri Mar 19 10:18:18 2010 (4BA3A3CA)
fffff880`01da9000 fffff880`01db3000 ApsHM64 ApsHM64.sys Tue Mar 29 03:55:16 2011 (4D91AC84)
fffff880`01a00000 fffff880`01a26000 Apsx64 Apsx64.sys Tue Mar 29 03:58:36 2011 (4D91AD4C)
fffff880`01478000 fffff880`01481000 atapi atapi.sys Mon Jul 13 17:19:47 2009 (4A5BC113)
fffff880`01481000 fffff880`014ab000 ataport ataport.SYS Sat Nov 20 02:19:15 2010 (4CE79293)
fffff960`00800000 fffff960`00861000 ATMFD ATMFD.DLL Sat Feb 19 02:00:32 2011 (4D5F86B0)
fffff880`011f4000 fffff880`01200000 BATTC BATTC.SYS Mon Jul 13 17:31:01 2009 (4A5BC3B5)... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/187775-consistent-bsod-bccode-d1.html