Windows Support Forum

New laptop crashing while playing games

Q: New laptop crashing while playing games

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit, 2 week old laptop crashing
Help would be much appreciated.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: New laptop crashing while playing games

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: New laptop crashing while playing games

Please continue in your old thread: Constant BSOD's Playing Games such as League of Legends

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/306594-new-laptop-crashing-while-playing-games.html
Relevancy 68.8%

Hey guys long time lurker but never felt the need to get an account until now lol I just bought a PC off cyberpower but it keeps crashing when playing games such as WoW or CS source The specs are AMD Phenom PC, games crashing while playing New X MB Gigabyte MA XT- UDP HD Western digital - WD AAJS - GB GPU HD Radaeon GB of ram So when I first got it and it New PC, crashing while playing games started freezing up I bought it with a Nvidia GT and I assumed it must have been the vid card but it keeps freezing still I am running on Vista bit and not too sure how to fix it One day I lowered my Vista display settings and WoW was running New PC, crashing while playing games perfectly but then the next day I tried booting it up again with the same settings and I kept crashing Just today I realized a message when loading up my comp stating AMD data change- update new data to DMI I wasn t too sure what it meant but I played with the BIOS and tried seeing if SATA connection to my HD was the New PC, crashing while playing games problem I think it is MOBO or HD related but can t be sure I am in desperate need of help and would appreciate any advice thanks guys nbsp

Relevancy 68.8%

Noticed a trend that my computer will bsod while almost every time I play StarCraft II, and also if I'm watching any streams. After the first error, bsods will cascade or windows will sometimes not boot. Errors include irql not less than or equal, bad pool header, memory management, driver irql not less than or equal, system service exception.

I reformatted and reinstalled windows today. Still getting bsods. This version of windows is...
x64
the original installed os on the system
OEM

The age of the hardware is about 9 months.
The operating system installation is about 6 hours, just reformatted and reinstalled today.

Any help is appreciated!

A:crashing while playing games

Hi,

BSODs remaining after reinstall suggest there is a hardware fault of some description.

Please run these hardware tests:

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...t-prime95.html (run the Blend test as well as the SmallFFTs test)

RAM - Test with Memtest86+

Video Card - Stress Test with Furmark

HD Diagnostic

Some of your BSODs mention graphics drivers, be sure to run the Furmark stress test a couple of times (give the graphics card time to cool down in between runs).

Also, if you can find an update for your networking driver update it:

Code:

Rt64win7.sys Thu Feb 26 22:04:13 2009 (49A65B0D) - http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#Rt64win7.sys

BUGCHECK SUMMARY

Code:

Built by: 7601.17514.amd64fre.win7sp1_rtm.101119-1850
Debug session time: Wed May 4 18:36:26.519 2011 (GMT+12)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:14:50.674
Probably caused by : win32k.sys ( win32k!FindTimer+59 )
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x50
PROCESS_NAME: iexplore.exe
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x50_win32k!FindTimer+59
Bugcheck code 00000050
Arguments ffffffff`ffffffbe 00000000`00000000 fffff960`00177cf1 00000000`00000000
SystemProductName = GA-870A-UD3
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Debug session time: Wed May 4 18:19:38.810 2011 (GMT+12)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:03:55.700
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+117c3 )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x1a_8886
PROCESS_NAME: WerFault.exe
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x1a_8886_nt!_??_::FNODOBFM::_string_+117c3
Bugcheck code 0000001A
Arguments 00000000`00008886 fffffa80`024112b0 fffffa80`02424420 00000000`00000100
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Debug session time: Wed May 4 18:14:45.982 2011 (GMT+12)
System Uptime: 0 days 2:09:26.804
Probably caused by : dxgmms1.sys ( dxgmms1!VIDMM_GLOBAL::ReferenceAllocationForPreparation+22 )
PROCESS_NAME: System
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x7E
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x7E_dxgmms1!VIDMM_GLOBAL::ReferenceAllocationForPreparation+22
Bugcheck code 1000007E
Arguments ffffffff`c0000005 fffff880`03f5fcee fffff880`021fe6a8 fffff880`021fdf00

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/161053-crashing-while-playing-games.html
Relevancy 68.8%

Hey guys recently my computer has decided to stop playing games. I get about 10 mins max then my pc crashes. The screen turns off and sound produces and stutering type noise.

I thought it would be a driver issiue so updated my drivers with no succes. Done a full system scan for viruses pcs clean. Tried disc defrag. Cleared some more space but nothing i have tried helps.

operating system: Windows 7 home premium 64-bit
system manufacturer : packard bell
system model : ixtreme m5722
processor : intel core 2 quad cpu q8300 @2.50GHz (4cpus)
memory : 6244mb ram
running direct x 11
video card : Nvdia geforce gt220

Hope i have enough info for some help in this matter. Use to play games like a dream come true no issiues ever. stopped playing pc for like 6 months now i come back to this crashing problem. Really do not want to restore. Hopefully you guys can help so i can get back to pc gaming

Relevancy 68.8%

So I get those crashes where my screen freezes and then goes dark ( lost signal). It happens at random with Blade and Soul , and happens every 5 minutes with World of Warcraft.

This started like 2 months ago ( only found this forum today , thanks for that) , before that the screen would just flash and I'd get the "display driver stopped responding and recovered".

Yesterday ( 02/16/2016) I got 5 crashes and I got 1 today.

What I already tried:
A lot of different versions of AMD drivers ( using DDU to install the new ones)
Reset windows 10 on a lot of occasions
Removed Windows 10 auto updater.
Tried the amd support forums ( it only made matters worse)
Tried the World of warcraft support forums ( also only made matters worse)

Here is the dump file:

A:Crashing only when playing certain games.

Suggestions while you wait on a proper BSOD analyzer to read your DMP file. Check for heat related or voltage issues, monitor temps for GPU, CPU and fan speeds with HWInfo choose correct 32bit or 64bit http://www.hwinfo.com/

Would be best if you can monitor them within game and can be done with combinations of 2 software, HWInfo listed above and MSI Afterburner or Riva Tuner and MSI Afterburner.
http://www.overclock.net/a/how-to-us...splay-and-more

Riva Tuner
http://www.guru3d.com/content-page/rivatuner.html
MSI Afterburner
https://gaming.msi.com/es/features/afterburner

When you first received flash in screen and "display driver stopped responding and recovered", did it list any particular file like here ?
http://support.amd.com/en-us/kb-arti...rmessages.aspx

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/41079-crashing-only-when-playing-certain-games.html
Relevancy 68.8%

hi i had this problem when i last tried playing games It will crash and go to a black screen and the sound will go funny making a loud stuttering type noise I updated my computers psu from a to w and has made no differance Anyone have any ideas operating system Windows home premium -bit system manufacturer packard bell system model ixtreme m processor intel core quad Pc games crashing while playing still cpu q GHz cpus memory mb ram running direct x video card Nvdia geforce gt I think it is the gt i have read their is alot of problems with that card runnin on windows I do not want to buy a new video card unless i Pc still crashing while playing games have to It worked fine for months when i first Pc still crashing while playing games got my pc Now i just wont play games Also cleaned the thing update all drivers done mutiple differant system cleans Even deleted a ton o stuff just incase Any ideas And if i do have to get a new graphics card what would you recomend I am mainly looking at playing some older games and maybe some new games but not alot as i mainly play ps now so just be looking a t getting games on here ps do not have nbsp

A:Pc still crashing while playing games

Can you run a DXdiag, save the results file as a .txt file then copy and paste it into a reply.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-still-crashing-while-playing-games.1007827/
Relevancy 68.8%

Hey guys recently my computer has decided to stop playing games. I get about 10 mins max then my pc crashes. The screen turns off and sound produces and stutering type noise.

I thought it would be a driver issiue so updated my drivers with no succes. Done a full system scan for viruses pcs clean. Tried disc defrag. Cleared some more space but nothing i have tried helps.

operating system: Windows 7 home premium 64-bit
system manufacturer : packard bell
system model : ixtreme m5722
processor : intel core 2 quad cpu q8300 @2.50GHz (4cpus)
memory : 6244mb ram
running direct x 11
video card : Nvdia geforce gt220

Hope i have enough info for some help in this matter. Use to play games like a dream come true no issiues ever. stopped playing pc for like 6 months now i come back to this crashing problem. Really do not want to restore. Hopefully you guys can help so i can get back to pc gaming

A:PC crashing when playing games

What kind of games do you play btw? I'll leave the solution of this problem to other experienced members..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-crashing-when-playing-games.162404/
Relevancy 68.8%

Hi Hoping you can help I've got a new PC and it is randomly crashing when playing games So far its crashed on Total War SWTOR and Sims The screen instantly goes blank the sound freezes and it just stays like that I have to force it to shut down and restart I've played around with graphics options for the games and it doesn't seem to make a difference I've opened up the case no dust as the PC is when playing Crashing games only a few weeks old and nothing seems to be loose I've ran WhoCrashed and it says there are no valid crash dumps and CPUID it showing the temperature of Crashing when playing games the graphics card isn't getting above c when playing OS - Vista Windows Windows x -bit or x -bit What was original installed OS on system Nothing blank hard disk Is the OS an OEM version came pre-installed on system or full retail version YOU purchased it from retailer OEM Age of system hardware Bought Crashing when playing games around a month ago Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS reinstalled everything at the weekend CPU - AMD FX - core - GHz Video Card - AMD Radeon HD series MotherBoard - Gigabyte GA A DS Power Supply - brand amp wattage W don't know what brand it is System Manufacturer - Novatech Exact model number if laptop check label on bottom Any help gratefully received

A:Crashing when playing games

Hi,

Since the PC is brand new, rather than going back & fourth with troubleshooting, contact where you bought it from and get a replacement as it's brand new and still falls under warranty, and a brand new system should never freeze during games.

Regards,

Patrick

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/crashing-when-playing-games-663133.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Hey TSG I have a problem with my computer when playing games In some of the newer higher demanding games mainly Mass Effect Sims Modern Warfare and occasionally Team Fortress my computer freezes the monitor goes black and shows no input the sound loops everything is unresponsive This occurs for about seconds straight until it either restarts itself or I have to press the reset button Possible causes I heard from a number of other threads that it could be from over heating I ve monitored my temperatures while ingame and the only real problem was that Core was about degree C Also sometimes this freezing happens after minutes of turning on the PC and playing a game in the morning Also from another thread I read it could be from a low performance PSU which then I relised I had the computer s default one But I bought a new PSU which should be more than capable of handling this This is a personal theory of mine but I have two wall sockets running my PC system and other devices But for each of these two plugs I have a power board plugged in to allow more devices to run such as my printer and speakers My computer shares the wallsocket with my monitor speakers and internet power plug while the other powerboard powers my printer homephone and Crashing/Freezing Games while playing wireless mouse Maybe there isn t enough power getting to the computer My friend suggested to update my BIOS which Crashing/Freezing while playing Games is apparently extremely outdated He says that the problem may be clocking and that a BIOS flash should fix it I would prefer to do this as a last resort as any problems could cause a severe rebooting issues A general cleanout of dust in the system might help The case a Cooler Master does have quite a few open spaces in the casing Again another solution I would prefer as a last resort is the case of faulty RAM that I would need to reposition them manually I haven t reformatted for a REALLY long time and it might be causing errors I really don t want to loose all my stuff though I ve updated my ATI Catalyst and gfx driver but I haven t updated my sound card driver Possible cause System Specs Time of this report Machine name S Operating System Windows XP Home Edition Build Service Pack xpsp sp gdr - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd System Model EP -UD BIOS Award Modular BIOS v PG Processor Intel R Core TM Quad CPU Q GHz CPUs Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C WINDOWS DirectX Version DirectX c DX Setup Parameters Not found DxDiag Version bit Unicode Card name ATI Radeon HD Series Manufacturer ATI Technologies Inc Chip type ATI Radeon Graphics Processor x DAC type Internal DAC MHz Device Key Enum PCI VEN amp DEV amp SUBSYS amp REV Display Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Plug and Play Monitor Monitor Max Res Driver Name ati dvag dll Driver Version English DDI Version or higher Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo d n a WHQL Date Stamp n a VDD n a Mini VDD ati mtag sys Mini VDD Date bytes Device Identifier D B EE -D - CF- C - C A C CB Vendor ID x Device ID x SubSys ID x Revision ID x Revision ID x Video Accel ModeMPEG C ModeMPEG D Registry OK DDraw Status Enabled D D Status Enabled AGP Status Enabled DDraw Test Result Not run D D Test Result Not run D D Test Result Not run D D Test Result Not run Description Realtek HD Audio output Default Sound Playback Yes Default Voice Playback Yes Hardware ID HDAUDIO FUNC amp VEN EC amp DEV amp SUBSYS A amp REV Manufacturer ID Product ID Type WDM Driver Name RtkHDAud sys Driver Version English Driver Attributes Final Retail WHQL Logo d n a Date and Size bytes Other Files Driver Provider Realtek Semiconductor Corp HW Accel Level Basic Cap Flags x Registry OK Sound Test Result Not run I can provide information if requested Thanks in advance Andrew nbsp

Relevancy 67.94%

Hey.

I recently built a new PC.

Here is my dxdiag: http://pastebin.com/defrgnWn

This was my build: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/FFTWdC

Whenever I launch a game it will either crash to desktop or give me a blue screen. This only happens when I am using my R9 280X graphics card. As a test, I disconnected the R9 280X and used the on-board graphics and this works fine, though obviously not at the greatest quality.

Curiously, I can play TF2 at the lowest possible resolution, but it crashes as soon as I switch it to 1680x1050 (my native res).

All fans are connected and spinning. All drivers have been updated.

Any help very much appreciated! Thank you.

A:R9 280X crashing playing games

Quote: Originally Posted by YouAndI

Hey.

I recently built a new PC.

Here is my dxdiag: http://pastebin.com/defrgnWn

This was my build: http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/FFTWdC

Whenever I launch a game it will either crash to desktop or give me a blue screen. This only happens when I am using my R9 280X graphics card. As a test, I disconnected the R9 280X and used the on-board graphics and this works fine, though obviously not at the greatest quality.

Curiously, I can play TF2 at the lowest possible resolution, but it crashes as soon as I switch it to 1680x1050 (my native res).

All fans are connected and spinning. All drivers have been updated.

Any help very much appreciated! Thank you.

First of all the Crash log shows no DX installed it's just blank

Note if you kept getting a TDR Time Detection Recovery then i would be inclined to say that card is starting to take a dump but nothing mentions that make sure your virus protection isn't blocking the game either that happens too!

Since you already did the drivers and that didn't try system restore to when it was

Personally if it was me i would test the card on a different unit or a friends and see what it does if you can do that

if it continues though i would run it in for a RMA could be it's starting to go bad that does happen as well

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/369392-r9-280x-crashing-playing-games.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Hey there i ve been having some issues with my newly upgraded PC I installed a brand new hard drive with Windows as well as a new GTS graphics card Things have been working smoothly except for I can only play games for about mins maybe playing while games or movies. Crashing before the computer freezes up and crashes It does this also during full screen video play but not as severely I have an AMD Athlon X and gb of DDR ram I ve never had a problem with temperature before in my PC but I think my new graphic card must be running really hot cause my cpu temp has been over degrees Celsius when I checked it after I was playing a game All my fans including CPU fan are working just fine to my knowledge and I even installed a new case fan cause my old one took a dump I believe temperature is a the culprit but I also wonder if it could be a hardware issue All of my drivers are up to date though Thing is I even opened up my case to let the max amount of airflow through while I was playing a game and it still froze up so im not exactly sure what else Crashing while playing games or movies. I can do If my graphic card is too hot for the case I have then I ll need a new case with better cooling im just wondering if thats my only option so I wanted to see if I could get some more opinions on what might be going on It only does it while playing games including Modern Warfare Unreal Tournament and Dragon age Origins And also full screen movies or TV shows Thanks for any help you can give nbsp

Relevancy 67.94%

So what keeps happening is i start playing a game anywhere from - minutes after i start playing my sound just playing games Computer while Crashing stops and seems to repeat - seconds of the same sound over and over for about a minute then just go completely silent and at the same exact moment the sound starts freaking out i get a funny texture across both of my screens i took some pictures for what my screen looks like Pictures and as you can see they show up some times as different colors the only games I play are World of Warcraft Sratcraft and Call of Duty and this problem had happened with all games and one other thing to note once i restart my computer after this happens i doesn t seem to happen again till after i turn my computer off regularly and play again later Now a little bit about my computer I built it about Computer Crashing while playing games years ago never had any problems with it only upgrade I have ever done is add a new graphics card about months ago my friend had Computer Crashing while playing games it laying around and gave it to me also I use a quot VIZIO TV for my main monitor and a regular LG monitor as my secondary Now lastly my specs Specs AMD Athlon Dual Core Processor GHz BG of RAM GeForce GTX if you need more info just let me know and thanks in advance for any help and info nbsp

Relevancy 67.94%

Well I'm not quite sure what forum to put this in as I'm not quite sure what the source of the problem is but hopefully this is fine Anyways I'm currently running Vista bit and have been having some problems When I first got the computer everything was fine games ran just fine and whatnot but then I games playing when BSOD and crashing started playing Call of Duty The game was a bit unstable to begin with and seemed to get worse as time went on It would with relative consistency bluescreen or BSOD and crashing when playing games just generally crash I figured it was just an issue with the drivers since nVidia drivers seem to BSOD and crashing when playing games have problems working on Vista correctly so I tried various different drivers but to no avail One driver that I installed seemed to be extraordinarily unstable and made everything run horribly so naturally I uninstalled it and reinstalled an old drivers that were relatively stable However after I reinstalled the old ones none of my games would work without crashing after like - minutes Now I don't think this crashing was the case with all of my games until after that one driver installation However I was really only playing Call of Duty at the time so I'm not sure of the performance of my other games Before I could sometimes play Call of Duty for somewhat extended periods yet now it typically crashes almost immediately When just doing regular things like browsing the internet using Word and whatnot it is fine It has only bluescreened me once when I was just at my desktop so I doubt that is significant in any way but I figured I would just throw that out there Basically I'm just looking for help and suggestions It's obviously either software incompatibility of some kind or hardware failure I don't have SP installed yet as I would rather not install it until this quarter of college is done just to be safe One major thing I would like help with is how to test various parts of my hardware to see if they are faulty or not Any help will be much appreciated thanks General Specs OS Vista bit GPU x GTX in SLI Driver version CPU Core Quad Extreme QX I believe Ghz per core GB RAM

A:BSOD and crashing when playing games

Bump....................

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-and-crashing-when-playing-games-253989.html
Relevancy 67.94%

I've been facing this problem for a while and I have absolutely no idea what to crashing playing while games a Computer after do tried googling the solutions but none of the posts I found were very helpful I start playing any game for a while and then the screen goes all black and in standby mode the sound keeps playing for a few seconds until it starts looping Computer crashing a while after playing games and I have to restart There's no specific time for the crash sometimes it takes minutes sometimes Computer crashing a while after playing games minutes This has been happening for a month now with games that have been working very fine before like Skyrim The Sims Heroes VI Renegade which is a bit old so I'm guessing it's not very graphics related Here are some specs of my personalized desktop Windows Vista Ultimate Service pack Intel R Core TM Duo CPU E GHz GHz NVIDIA GeForce GB RAM -bit Operating system I also have to point out that I have GB of free space on C and on D but it has been like that for over a year now and I haven't faced any problem with it except more or less slow performance sometimes I ran a speedfan test since most of those facing similar problems have been asked to do that and here are the results CPU Fan RPM GPU C System C CPU Between - C goes up and down every seconds AUX C Temp C HD C Core C Core C Help please

A:Computer crashing a while after playing games

Your cores shouldn't be 58C just at idle. Aswell your gpu is too high for idle.

D/l furmark FurMark: VGA Stress Test, Graphics Card and GPU Stability Test, Burn-in Test, OpenGL Benchmark and GPU Temperature | oZone3D.Net
It'll stress just you video card. If it crashs up, or gets to 105C You have heat issues with the gpu.

Also d/l prime95 |MG| Prime95 27.7 Download
It'll stres just your cpu. If you get over 75C or crash, you have heat issues.

Odds are you need a good cleanout and thermal paste redo.

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/297329-computer-crashing-while-after-playing-games.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi.
Ive just installed sniper v2 and far cry 3. Both games play fine then the computer will freeze and not turn it's self off and other times it just reboots it self. When it freezes i have to restart the computer my self and i get a blue screen error message, with minidump problems. I have added a rar file with .dmp file in to for people to have a look at.

Cheers

A:Windows 7 Keeps crashing when playing games

Hello Defector.

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (124)
A fatal hardware error has occurred. Parameter 1 identifies the type of error
source that reported the error. Parameter 2 holds the address of the
WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure that describes the error conditon.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000000, Machine Check Exception
Arg2: fffffa8005d068f8, Address of the WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure.
Arg3: 0000000000000000, High order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.
Arg4: 0000000000000000, Low order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.

Debugging Details:
------------------
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x124_GenuineIntel

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN7_DRIVER_FAULT

CURRENT_IRQL: 0

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`0335b6f0 fffff800`02cdad29 : fffffa80`05d068d0 fffffa80`0556eb60 00000000`00000001 00000000`00000000 : nt!WheapCreateLiveTriageDump+0x6c
fffff880`0335bc10 fffff800`02bba217 : fffffa80`05d068d0 fffff800`02c34658 fffffa80`0556eb60 00000000`00000000 : nt!WheapCreateTriageDumpFromPreviousSession+0x49
fffff880`0335bc40 fffff800`02b21865 : fffff800`02c963a0 00000000`00000001 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`0556eb60 : nt!WheapProcessWorkQueueItem+0x57
fffff880`0335bc80 fffff800`02aa1a21 : fffff880`01232f00 fffff800`02b21840 fffffa80`0556eb00 00000000`00000000 : nt!WheapWorkQueueWorkerRoutine+0x25
fffff880`0335bcb0 fffff800`02d34cce : 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`0556eb60 00000000`00000080 fffffa80`05488990 : nt!ExpWorkerThread+0x111
fffff880`0335bd40 fffff800`02a88fe6 : fffff880`03186180 fffffa80`0556eb60 fffff880`031910c0 00000000`00000000 : nt!PspSystemThreadStartup+0x5a
fffff880`0335bd80 00000000`00000000 : fffff880`0335c000 fffff880`03356000 fffff880`0335b6a0 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiStartSystemThread+0x16
STACK_COMMAND: kb

FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: GenuineIntel

IMAGE_NAME: GenuineIntel

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 0

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x124_GenuineIntel_PROCESSOR_MAE_PRV

BUCKET_ID: X64_0x124_GenuineIntel_PROCESSOR_MAE_PRV

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

3: kd> !errrec fffffa8005d068f8
===============================================================================
Common Platform Error Record @ fffffa8005d068f8
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Record Id : 01cdf691cf93d3f9
Severity : Fatal (1)
Length : 928
Creator : Microsoft
Notify Type : Machine Check Exception
Timestamp : 1/19/2013 22:10:41 (UTC)
Flags : 0x00000002 PreviousError

Section 0 : Processor Generic
Descriptor @ fffffa8005d06978
Section @ fffffa8005d06a50
Offset : 344
Length : 192
Flags : 0x00000001 Primary
Severity : Fatal

Proc. Type : x86/x64
Instr. Set : x64
Error Type : Micro-Architectural Error
Flags : 0x00
CPU Version : 0x00000000000106a5
Processor ID : 0x0000000000000000

Section 1 : x86/x64 Processor Specific
Descriptor @ fffffa8005d069c0
Section @ fffffa8005d06b10
Offset : 536
Length : 128
Flags : 0x00000000
Severity : Fatal

Local APIC Id : 0x0000000000000000
CPU Id : a5 06 01 00 00 08 10 00 - bd e3 98 00 ff fb eb bf
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 - 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
00 00 00 00 00 0... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/274825-windows-7-keeps-crashing-when-playing-games.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Yeah, meh im back I'm not to computer savy so please try to answer in the simplest way as possible lol. Anyways, whenever im playing games/ watching vids, after about 15mins my comp completely turns off and starts this loud beeping noise no blue screen or anything? any help here at all?

A:Comp keeps crashing when playing games?

When's the last time you cleaned out your case? CPU and video fans and PSU fans get glogged with dust and your system overheats.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/comp-keeps-crashing-when-playing-games.101392/
Relevancy 67.94%

So my computer has been crashing while playing games after updating a bunch of hardware. Screen freezes up with a weird pattern. Vertical running lines over some monocolored background with sound stuttering.
Here's what I've tried so far:
Complete dust cleaning (not dusty since many things are new)
Reseating just about everything
Logging temperature to make sure no overheat (65 C max on GPU, lower on CPU, no overheat)
Making sure my system drivers are updated (graphics, .net framework, directx, etc)
Here are my specs:
GPU: AMD R9 290x
CPU: i5 4670k
MOBO: Gigabyte H8M1 -HD3
Hard drive: Samsung 250 GB SSD
PSU: Corsair 750
Here's what it looks like when it crashes: http://imgur.com/PaZASx5

A:Computer crashing while playing games

What game does it crash? Does it give you any error message?

I'm a PC gamer as well, you can find me on Steam by typing Jerky McDilerino into the friend search box, and the first result should be me with a bleepingcomputer profile picture. 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/582268/computer-crashing-while-playing-games/
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi, i have been having problems that when i play games my computer will crash after a few minutes. This problem has been happening for a while now and i decided to finally use the 7 forums.

I think it has something to do with the hardware since i have the WHEA Error:

A fatal hardware error has occurred.

Reported by component: Processor Core
Error Source: Machine Check Exception
Error Type: Bus/Interconnect Error
Processor ID: 2

The details view of this entry contains further information.

I would really appreciate some help on this problem as it has been bothering me for awhile now. Thanks in advance.

A:Computer Crashing while playing Games

Quote: Originally Posted by Boyd23

Hi, i have been having problems that when i play games my computer will crash after a few minutes. This problem has been happening for a while now and i decided to finally use the 7 forums.

I think it has something to do with the hardware since i have the WHEA Error:

A fatal hardware error has occurred.

Reported by component: Processor Core
Error Source: Machine Check Exception
Error Type: Bus/Interconnect Error
Processor ID: 2

The details view of this entry contains further information.

I would really appreciate some help on this problem as it has been bothering me for awhile now. Thanks in advance.

Well looking at where it says the component reported is the processor core; it sounds like it could be the processor itself that is partially on its way out; or it could be the driver(s) for the cpu processor possibly need updating and or reinstalling. I would try first to see you can update the drivers via the motherboard manufacturers site or the system makers site depending on whether or not it is a custom build.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/315741-computer-crashing-while-playing-games.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi there,

When using my computer it will sometimes crash every now and then, it will however crash as soon as I start playing a game. For example when within World of Warcraft it will crash pretty much instantly, I have got a memory dump of which I have attached to this post. If anyone could help that would be brilliant.

I have tried reinstalling the graphics drivers, using the latest drivers from the nVidia website. This started to happen after reinstalling Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit.

A:Computer Crashing When Playing Games

You have not stated anything related to your computer like memory, CPU, available disk space. Whether you have current drivers for your components, etc. Looks like NVidia driver issues.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-crashing-when-playing-games.1013212/
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi First of all this is my first post so apologies if I miss anything out The problem is my PC seems to randomly crash when playing games It has been doing it for years but seems to have got worse recently after installing Win bit The screen instantly goes blank the sound freezes and it just stays like that When it reboots it attempts and fails to find a solution and the only when [SOLVED] games PC crashing playing way I can get it to boot up again is by [SOLVED] PC crashing when playing games using last known configuration on bootup It appears to happen much less often if I turn the resolution right down to the minimum on some games but I really shouldn't [SOLVED] PC crashing when playing games have to do that I have AMD Athlon dual core g GB RAM Windows bit ATI Radeon HD I have a feeling it could be to do with the graphics card but hoping it's something more simple Any help and ideas would be greatly appreciated Thanks

A:[SOLVED] PC crashing when playing games

Hello and welcome to TSF.

Please follow the instructions here: Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions - Tech Support Forum

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/solved-pc-crashing-when-playing-games-543803.html
Relevancy 67.08%

My system is randomly shutting down and i need some help.

My current system is:

* 2 LG DVD DUAL LAYER RAM DRIVE

* 1 FLOPPY DRIVE

* SLI ASUS 6600GT 256MB

* 1 GIG CORSEAIR RAM

* 300 GIG SATA HDD

* 4 CHASSIS FANS

* AMD 64 3200+ PROCESSOR

* ASUS EXTREME 6600GT 256MB SLi

THE TEMP IS AVERAGING OUT ON AROUND 35 TO 44 DEGREES

IT HAS GOT A 350 PSU IS THIS ENOUGH OR SHOULD I GET SOMETHING MORE POWEFULL?

THIS IS GETITNG REALY ANNOYING AND I NEED TO SORT THIS PROBLEM.

DO YOU THINK I NEED TO CHANGE THE PSU. OR THE GRAPHICS CARD IS OVER HEATING?

PLEASE HELP AS YOU CAN SEE FROM THE SIZE OF THIS I AM REALLY GETTIN ****ED OFF NOW

A:Pc Crashing When Playing Games I.e Shutting Down Randomly

I reckon you definitely need a bigger psu to run this sort of rig with all the fans and 2 chunky graphics cards - 500W at least

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-crashing-when-playing-games-i-e-shutting-down-randomly.40583/
Relevancy 67.08%

Hi playing while games Screen Freezing/Crashing I'm having a problem with my laptop where it will freeze giving me a screen of Screen Freezing/Crashing while playing games fuzzy blocks of colour This has only happened when I'm playing games and will almost always happen - mins after starting a game When it freezes I can still move the cursor represented by its own fuzzy block and the audio continues for a few seconds then I get a buzzing If I try alt tab or ctrl alt dlt I can't move the cursor any more either The laptop doesn't feel like its overheating it often gets a lot hotter than it is at these points I have tried running it just off AC as I've been having some problems with my battery recently that I thought were connected but the same happened Any ideas dxdiag Code ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report Machine name TOM-LAPTOP Operating System Windows Home Premium -bit Build Service Pack win sp gdr - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer Dell Inc System Model Studio BIOS Ver BIOS A PARTTBLr Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU M GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Available OS Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX DX Setup Parameters Not found User DPI Setting Using System DPI System DPI Setting DPI percent DWM DPI Scaling Disabled DxDiag Version bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ Display Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D retail DirectDraw retail DirectInput retail DirectMusic retail DirectPlay retail DirectSound retail DirectShow retail --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name ATI Mobility Radeon HD Manufacturer ATI Technologies Inc Chip type ATI display adapter x E DAC type Internal DAC MHz Device Key Enum PCI VEN amp DEV E amp SUBSYS amp REV Display Memory MB Dedicated Memory MB Shared Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Name Generic PnP Monitor Monitor Model unknown Monitor Id AUO EC Native Mode x p Hz Output Type Internal Driver Name atiumd dll atidxx dll atidxx dll atiumdag atidxx atidxx atiumdva atiumd a cap atitmm dll Driver File Version English Driver Version DDI Version Driver Model WDDM Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes

A:Screen Freezing/Crashing while playing games

Even though you do not suspect and over heating issue. Clean out all air vents with a can of air. Also go to the manufacture of the laptop Dell go to Support/Drivers locate the model number studio 1558 Make sure you select Windows 7 64bit. Download any updated video drivers available, install them then reboot. Also try temporarly disabling your anti virus while playing games also end tasking any unneeded tasks or programs while playing. These can use up RAM which can also slow down your game and Windows.
Also go to Start type in Msconfig click the Startup tap and uncheck non essential Microsoft items also do not uncheck any anti virus items. Click ok, then reboot.

A lot of startup and running programs in the back ground can slow down your system. Do a disk cleanup. Also try defraging your hard drive.

Try these let us know.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/screen-freezing-crashing-while-playing-games-697530.html
Relevancy 67.08%

For quite awhile now my pc has been shutting itself down completely when playing games Im only playing a few games right now but it happens during all of them They are Crysis Warhammer Online Bioshock and not while during other games playing crashing heavy but PC load Crysis Warhead I thought it had to do with my graphicscard getting to warm but BFG assured me that my gts should be able to handle temps PC crashing while playing games but not during other heavy load over c and the card never became warmer than c in games Two days ago I crashed in any game after playing for just minutes So yesterday morning I decided to test out what could be wrong I ran memtest and made through passes without errors before I decided that it couldn t be the RAM I ran RTHDRIBL for two hours in fullscreen and my graphics card was on c during the entire time but the pc never crashed I then ran Prime and tested my q for a few hours without any errors I tried stressing two cores at once leaving the others two unstressed and then i stressed all four at the same time without errors I also stressed all four cpu cores with prime while running PC crashing while playing games but not during other heavy load rthdribl in fullscreen mode for over hour without a crash I googled alittle and found a thread on toms hardware with a guy with my nvidia driver having similiar crashes in games It seemed sort of like the problem I was having so I uninstalled my nvidia driver and went with but the problem was still there Today the pc ran fine all day I played crysis warhead for about an hour without anything happening and after that the computer was on for about six hours wasnt using it all the time but I did do some photoshop work etc on it without anything happening Then two hours ago I ran another stress test rthdribl prime at the same time without anything happening I was stumped as to what could be causing this so I went to have dinner When I got back I booted up Crysis Warhead and after about five minutes I crashed again Seems like it only happens at night when the pc has been on for along time It doesn t seem like the temps are that bad though These were the temps I got from playing Crysis Warhead for about an hour this morning temps after crysis My speccs Windows vista x ultimate q not overclocked GB RAM BFG Geforce gts mb factory OC Asus P K Premium MoBo Corsair PowerSupply W HX ATX Sorry for the textwall and thanks in advance for any help nbsp

A:PC crashing while playing games but not during other heavy load

Intermittent glitches can be very hard to track down. One thing it seems you haven't investigated is audio, but it could still be graphics drivers and almost anything unknown that might cause a conflict. Games are the most demanding so they find the weak links in the chain.

You might try using an optimized account just for gaming where everything else that normally runs in the background is suspended or not allowed to run and see if that makes a difference.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-crashing-while-playing-games-but-not-during-other-heavy-load.752333/
Relevancy 67.08%

My PC started crashing suddenly after installing Windows I obviously thought it was and other CSGO, while sometime games BSOD crashing playing fault of the OS so I reinstalled Ultimate x yet the crashing kept on happening I haven't done any changes to my PC and it's been stable for months Last change was GTX in May i - K is overclocked to GHz but it's been rock solid so I doubt it's the BSOD and crashing while playing CSGO, sometime other games cause of issues I'm honestly completely out of explanations Setup i - K GHz V MSI GTX Stock was OC'd before ASRock Z Pro x GB G Skill Ripjaws MHz Samsung Evo GB Kingston GB SSD cant BSOD and crashing while playing CSGO, sometime other games remember model TB HDD From what I can tell the issue shouldn't be GPU Memory PSU or SSD HDD drives I doubt my OC'd i would suddenly start acting up as it's been stable and temps have been good I'm running AIO water I'm pointing the finger towards motherboard as it's been acting up once in a while but I'm not sure if that makes any sense I've tried Reinstalling clean Windows a few times - crashes and BSOD here and there keep on happening with nothing installed apart from standard drivers Steam and CSGO Reinstalling Windows to another SSD - no effect Downgrading to different Nvidia drivers and been using - maybe little bit less crashes no real effect Running Memtest for hours - errors Running Dmark on loop for hours while overclocking the card - stable as a rock TDP so PSU should be fine Taking another memorystick out - no effect

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/380162-bsod-crashing-while-playing-csgo-sometime-other-games.html
Relevancy 67.08%

HI,

I have just recently started to have problems where my computer is crashing when I am playing some games. Some games work fine and it just started doing this.

Here is my PC spec:

Windows 7 64 bit
AMD phenom II X4 830
16526 MB RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT

The computer just goes to a black screen. Sometimes with the "crash sound".

I have run dxdiag and everything seems to be fine.

THanks in advance for any help!

Relevancy 67.08%

Ok everyone I have randomly BSODing playing games when or Crashing a nasty problem after recently changing my Mobo and Processor I did a repair of windows XP and had pretty poor performance and slow running Crashing or BSODing randomly when playing games speeds I installed drivers and such which appeared to fix my problems however when running games I would find Crashing or BSODing randomly when playing games specifically with HL and Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines they would randomly crash to desktop at any given time sometimes with BSOD or Restart of PC or sometimes with an Error Log explaining what went wrong albeit not very specifically to counter this I put it down to my lack of a clean install of XP so I bought a new HD and did a fresh XP install and kept my files on my old HD to avoid problems All drivers appear to be latest and the slowness seem s to have gone all problems are fixed except my games still crash to desktop with the same Minidumps and BSOD s and all that crap ive tried basically everything to no avail chkdsk reinstalling drivers looking for conflicts etc etc I decided to check over my Error logs and Minidumps it appears that as i ve gone along the line installing new drivers and such i ve been getting less error s until only one remains a DRIVER CONFLICT with atikvmag dll now I have no idea what to do since i m at a total loss as to what s causing all this crap and have been trying for a whole week to fix it to no avail ive got a feeling it s something obscure rather than serious so i m hoping that by giving you some Error logs and Minidumps to look at you guys can help me out this is driving me mad and I just dont feel like my PC can be used for leisure anymore as long as this carries on M AMD Athlon gig matched Duel Channel DDR Ram Asrock duel SATA mobo Samsung GB MB cache HD any more info needed just ask MiniDump KERNEL MODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED M e This is a very common bugcheck Usually the exception address pinpoints the driver function that caused the problem Always note this address as well as the link date of the driver image that contains this address Some common problems are exception code x This means a hard coded breakpoint or assertion was hit but this system was booted NODEBUG This is not supposed to happen as developers should never have hardcoded breakpoints in retail code but If this happens make sure a debugger gets connected and the system is booted DEBUG This will let us see why this breakpoint is happening Arguments Arg c The exception code that was not handled Arg bfa ea The address that the exception occurred at Arg b b Trap Frame Arg Debugging Details ------------------ Kernel symbols are WRONG Please fix symbols to do analysis FAULTING MODULE d nt DEBUG FLR IMAGE TIMESTAMP de EXCEPTION CODE NTSTATUS xc - The instruction at quot x lx quot referenced memory at quot x lx quot The memory could not be quot s quot FAULTING IP atikvmag ea bfa ea b mov edx edx x TRAP FRAME b b -- trap ffffffffb b ErrCode eax e c ebx ecx edx d esi e f edi e f eip bfa ea esp b a c ebp b f c iopl nv up ei ng nz ac po cy cs ss ds es fs gs efl atikvmag x ea bfa ea b mov edx edx x ds b Resetting default scope CUSTOMER CRASH COUNT DEFAULT BUCKET ID DRIVER FAULT BUGCHECK STR x E LAST CONTROL TRANSFER from c f d b to bfa ea STACK TEXT WARNING Stack unwind information not available Following frames may be wrong b f c c f d b cf ff e atikvmag x ea b f c cf ff e e xc f d b b f c ff e e f c x cf b f cc e e f c f c xff b f d e f c f c x e b f d f c f c c f cb x e b f d f c c f cb cf x f c b f dc c f cb cf ff x f c b f e c f cb cf ff dc x b f e cf ff dc e xc f cb b f e ff dc e f c x cf b f ec dc e f c f c xff b f f e f c f c f x dc b f f f c f c f c f d c x e b f f f c f c f d c c de x f c b f fc f c f d c c de ff x f c b f c f d c c de ff dc x f b f c de ff dc xc f d c b f ff dc f c x c de b f c dc f c f c xff b f f c f c c x dc FOLLOWUP IP atikvmag ea bfa ea b mov edx edx x SYMBOL STACK INDEX FOLLOWUP NAME MachineO... Read more

A:Crashing or BSODing randomly when playing games

Strange, ive fixed it.
It seem's a week of crap finally paid off.
I (pointlessly now that this breakthrough occured) uninstalled, clean sweeped in safe mode, and re installed from Omega to latest Catalyst (this didnt fix the problem sadly) then I went into Bios and noticed my memory was forced to DDR400, which is fine...or so I thought, I decided to set it to Auto and set AC97 to FORCE audio for me, i'm not sure which one fixed the problem, but I did notice it scaled my memory down to DDR333, although I must confess I dont notice any difference in loading or anything, in fact everything seem's perfect, only without crashes to ruin my fun
Re did my 3D mark 2003 and got more Marks than I did originally with my Omega Drivers, so i'll just stop messing about incase it all goes wrong again lol, was tempted to re install Omega's but nah, i'll just forget that one, yeah.

3D Mark 2003 = 11805 Marks or something to that degree

M.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/crashing-or-bsoding-randomly-when-playing-games.40483/
Relevancy 67.08%

I do not know what exactly causes it but after playing certain games the screen remains black without a mouse cursor and the only solution at first appeared to be to reboot the system So this truly seemed to be a black screen of death Sadly there is no log file for this despite a critical error message in the Event viewer stating that the OS was restarted unexpectedly which comes as little surprise considering I had to reboot the PC manually to get the screen back Sadly there are no entries of the explorer exe crashing or freezing itself so I'm absolutely in the dark (PC): freezing crashing Explorer.exe keeps while playing Win 10 / Pro games. regarding what causes it I had similar issues under Windows where the explorer exe the executable for the file explorer was to blame as well As a matter of Win 10 Pro (PC): Explorer.exe keeps crashing / freezing while playing games. fact this is a reason why I switched to Windows as I had hoped it would solve the issue after I had scanned the system files while still using Win and having been informed that some system files were corrupted Sadly switching to Windows did not fix this I even did a clean install after first upgrading i e formatting the hard drive and then installing the OS so at least at that point there can't have been any corrupted system files there and I've also done a scan in the meantime which came up with no file integrity issues I have meanwhile discovered that manually disconnecting the display from the graphics card and then re-attaching it gives me the mouse cursor back which in turn enables me to re-enable explorer exe which is indeed the culprit here - as I had suspected As this is no classical BSOD I have sadly no memory dump file to provide additional information I have an i K and a MSI GTX Twin Frozr with GB Ram and GB RAM To the best of my knowledge I have updated drivers for all peripherals What strikes me as odd is that it doesn't happen for every game and sometimes the mouse cursor will vanish ingame preceding the blackout the game continues to run I just don't have a mouse cursor anymore and when I exit the game the screen is black Also I found it pretty much shocking when a tech support guy from microsoft today suggested that I should ask the community as they - and I am quoting now - did not have enough experience with Windows yet I really find this shocking coming from a tech support guy working for the very company who developed this masterpiece So here I am hoping that one of you might have an idea The only quot solution quot he could offer was to send me an outdated link from for one of the beta builds that did not even contain a viable download link So here I am hoping that one of ya might have an idea If you need additional information I might actually be able to provide as I said there is no memory dump as the PC doesn't technically quot crash quot please do let me know The explorer exe simply quot freezes up quot

A:Win 10 Pro (PC): Explorer.exe keeps crashing / freezing while playing games.

updated with a hopefully more helpful informational post at the bottom of this thread

http://forums.windowscentral.com/windows-10/371260-win-10-pro-pc-explorer-exe-keeps-crashing-freezing-while-playing-games.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Hello! So I built my desktop in January of 2012, but about 2 or 3 months ago I upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7. For about the past 2 months I've been having some issues with my graphics, where my graphics will just crash randomly. My games don't lag or give any indication pointing to my video card struggling to run the game. I only crash in Diablo 3, Dungeon Defenders (first one), and Hearthstone. I can run Fallout 4 perfectly fine with no lag or crashes; youtube videos and everything else runs perfectly. I've tried reinstalling Windows 10 a few times and my most recent install was earlier this month (November 2015).

I've uploaded my DxDiag.txt, MSInfo32.txt, and Event Viewer information.

Let me know if you need any more information! Thank you for your help!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/596905/desktop-crashing-while-playing-certain-video-games/
Relevancy 67.08%

I get random crashes usually while playing more graphics intensive games but sometime out of the blue. I've had multiple crashing problems ever since I've had this compute but It hasn't inconvienced me much. I upgraded to windows 10 and it seems to pretty much only crash while doing graphic intensive things such as playing GTA V. However, I usually don't get a BSOD. I'll get a solid color (typically red) or just a reboot screen.

It sends the error code:
0x00000124

I've attached the crash files.
some specs that aren't listed on my profile:
Storage: Samsung 120GB SSD and a Seagate 500GB hard drive
Wifi: TP-Link something ask if you want details
PSU: 500 watt cooler master
Cpu cooler: Corsair water cooling (so overheating probably isn't a problem )

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/62039-crashing-no-bsod-while-playing-games-0x00000124.html
Relevancy 67.08%

I'm new here don't know if this is the right forum to post in. I recently installed Windows 8 64 bit from Windows 7 32 bit. I never had any problems really with the windows 7 32 bit but since upgrading to Windows 8 64 bit I am having this odd problem. I am a gamer, I have Steam with lots of games and so I play one then play another and another then I go to start a game (It isn't the same game) and the computer resets and does its thing. I have made sure all my drivers are up to date as I have heard that that can be the problem. Does anyone now of a fix or has this happened to you? Thanks

A:Computer crashing after playing a few games and then start

Originally Posted by Puffader

I'm new here don't know if this is the right forum to post in. I recently installed Windows 8 64 bit from Windows 7 32 bit. I never had any problems really with the windows 7 32 bit but since upgrading to Windows 8 64 bit I am having this odd problem. I am a gamer, I have Steam with lots of games and so I play one then play another and another then I go to start a game (It isn't the same game) and the computer resets and does its thing. I have made sure all my drivers are up to date as I have heard that that can be the problem. Does anyone now of a fix or has this happened to you? Thanks

Perhaps your architecture didn't modify during the upgrade. Games designed for 64bit architecture won't run on 32bit architecture.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/37145-computer-crashing-after-playing-few-games-then-start.html
Relevancy 67.08%

so i have just had a new problem with my pc of which randomly when im gaming i recieve a shutdown it doesnt prompt me it just shutsdown like i unplugged it but this only happens when playing certain games such as minecraft(idk why this since iv been able to play this at 300 frames without a flaw for a couple years) arma 3 arma 2 and ark survival evolved im not sure why im having this problem but i read that it could be a psu problem of which they said to download and test it with furmark and i ran it for about 11 minutes fine with temp of 33C and a max temp of 79C which i dont think is alot since its at 99% load

here are my specs
GPU: GTX 650TI 1GB
CPU: AMD FX - 6300 Six Core Processor
Memory: 8GB RAM
PSU: 650W ACE Blk PSU 12cm Red Fan
Motherboard: M5A78L-MLE

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-crashing-whilst-playing-games.1164256/
Relevancy 67.08%

My computer has been crashing mostly while playing Guild Wars 2 and Archeage. It will crash, go to a weird colored screen, and I have to manually shut it off. I did a memtest and everything checked out, and I also tried switching the power supply out with one that wasn't having any problems and that didn't work either. I've also tried playing the games on the lowest settings and it still doesn't really help. Any help would be appreciated.

A:Windows 8.1 Crashing while playing online games

How is your video card for playing these games, drivers up to date ? Does it meet the specs of the games and PSU ?
Any problems with software or do you play any other games not online ? Network adapter drivers up to date ?

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/54028-windows-8-1-crashing-while-playing-online-games.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Hello I am new to or while playing computer restarting crashing New games these forums and really just trying to New computer restarting or crashing while playing games find help with what might be wrong with my new computer I m sure that questions like this have been asked before and I tried New computer restarting or crashing while playing games searching before posting but didn t come up with much so my apologies if I m rehashing old problems I m hoping if I m specific enough someone might have something to advise My new computer build is causing me problems while playing games Here are the system specs - I am new to this so if you need anything else just ask Windows XP Home Edition SP AMD AthlonXP AOpen AK - Max Mobo MB RAM Samsung GB HD NVidia GeForce MB My husband and I just bought and built the computer about weeks ago Here s the problem while playing games the games either crash to desktop with no error crash to desktop with an error or the computer reboots Here is the list of particular games I have installed and tried playing so far along with the particular problem I ve experience with each - The Sims plays fine for hours at a time sometimes then sometimes it crashes to desktop with no error message sometimes the computer reboots it did this once just as I was starting the game - Zoo Tycoon again plays fine for hours sometimes but sometimes it crashes to desktop with an error message after playing for some time - Neverwinter Nights game crashes to desktop with an error message every time I play sometimes I get an hour out of it before it crashes sometimes only a few minutes occasionally the computer will restart instead of right after crashing have had problems with sound looping right before crash with this occasionally - Age of Empires demo game crashes to desktop with no error again sometimes I get minutes sometimes it crashes almost immediately Odd thing is my old computer ran all of these games just fine with the exception of the AOE which it didn t like It was a AMD Gig Compaq with a MB Nvidia GeForce MB RAM GB HD I can t remember all the exact specs Even with the ancient video card Neverwinter Nights ran surprisingly well I had to turn down graphics options on The Sims but even that held its own I didn t have SP on my old computer don t know if that might make a difference I have of course already updated every driver I can so don t bother with that suggestion I ve tried reseating the memory making sure everything was plugged in tight made sure the mobo wasn t stressed by being screwed in too tight and I ve checked the CPU temp It runs - C idle and I ve seen it anywhere from - C just after a game crashes The computer never crashes when it s idle or just doing easy things like surfing the web or word processing only when playing games It did reboot randomly once when I was initially installing Microsoft Office The temperature doesn t seem to be astronomical and the thread I read here about overheating says C is a general rule of thumb The CPU has the heatsync fan combo that came bundled with the computer set we purchased The video card itself has a fan as well I don t have any fans on the chassis At first I thought it might be video card drivers even sound card but I ve updated all those I ve searched forums for the individual games and come up with squat It seems too much of a coincidence that every game I try to play has a problem for it to be a problem with the individual game due to my new hardware vs my old Any help would be appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:New computer restarting or crashing while playing games

ok so i think you either have a nasty virus or a directx problem...try unistalling your video drivers and let windows install them for you(they should come with service pack 2) or you can try finding a program called directx eradicator and using it and reinstallind the most current version of directx from the windows website(dx9.0c) or off of your sims 2 install disk(it has a copy of dx9.0b on it)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-computer-restarting-or-crashing-while-playing-games.36849/
Relevancy 67.08%

My tower is barley a month old and is already having carshing and restarting issues when im playing games basicly I can be playing a game for like 10 mins then it will crash and restart. As its such a new tower im guessing graphics card psu. Heres the whole tower http://www.aria.co.uk/SuperSpecials...rebones+Kit+w/+3+FREE+Games!+?productId=50872

im not sure of the graphics card as its borrowed I know its a Gforce of some description.

The game im playing is dirt showdown its a driving game.

I should add its a 2gb graphics card and the towers not over heating so my guess is psu

A:Computer crashing/restarting when playing games

Hi, You should find out what Graphic card you have, and download the correct driver for it.
A clue is that you say it crashes when playing games, but does it crash if you open 'Computer' screen, or say 'Notepad'?
If you just booted the pc and did nothing, just left it on the Desktop screen, would it crash then? ( No, I am guessing.)
So if you can uninstall your current graphic card driver, that's, 'Device manager' ,Look for 'Display adapters',
Click on the tiny arrow to the left of the word 'Display adapters'.
Right click on the name of your card.
Then, 'Properties', 'Driver' tab, 'uninstall driver'.
Reboot the pc, let Windows install a generic driver. (Just wait , it will happen and notify you near the taskbar.)
Go to the Nvidia website, choose 'Support', then 'Download drivers' then 'Option 2' Automatically detect card.
That should find the correct driver for your card.
If it does not, then in your 'Search for files and folders' box, type 'dxdiag'. In the display tab you will see the type of card you have. Go back to the Nvidia site and search for it manually. Get the correct version 32 or 64 bit.
If your problem is the wrong driver, it should now be fixed. If it's the PSU overheating, then you will need to upgrade it.
Hope this makes sense.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-crashing-restarting-when-playing-games.184067/
Relevancy 67.08%

When i play videos through windows media playe or play online games like Vanguard at various times my sound appears to stutter then the screen freezes for a games computer when crashing videos playing or second then i get the blue screen saying an unrecoverable hardware error has happend and my comp reboots Ive been emailing dell every day for weeks now and they still have no answer for me if i disable my sound device i can computer crashing when playing videos or games play video and play vanguard with no problem but as soon as i use sound i get the blue screen My hunch is a compatibility issue with windows vista Dell has replaced my video card and i still get it and ive downloaded current drivers for my vid card and sound card and used the windows update for any critical and security updates computer crashing when playing videos or games out there Ive restored my comp to factory settings times as per request of dell tech guys and ive uninstalled the sound device then reinstalled it But im sites computer crashing when playing videos or games like Youtube i have no problem running there media player My system specs are as follows dell dimension E intel core duo processors ghz ghz gigs of ram windows vista ATI radeon pro mb video card sigmatel high definition audio CODEC This comp is brand new fresh out of the box and my old system plays video and games just fine with windows XP nbsp

Relevancy 66.22%

Hello ive had my computer for about years now ive never had this random crashing problem ever ive had some problems dealing with unplugged cords but other than that nothing All of the sudden last week it started crashing randomly while playing Crashing 7 doesnt Random Win games, crash otherwise. while i was playing games It stopped for about days and now it's doing it again It makes every game unplayable due to random crash restarts after a random time in the game If anyone can help me i would Random Crashing while playing games, doesnt crash otherwise. Win 7 very much appreciate it because i can not do anything other than browse and stuff Random Crashing while playing games, doesnt crash otherwise. Win 7 on my computer Here's my system info as of today System Information report written at System Name ADMIN-PC System Summary C Users Admin Documents Sysinf nfo Item Value OS Name Microsoft Windows Home Premium Version Service Pack Build Other OS Description Not Available OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation System Name ADMIN-PC System Manufacturer BIOSTAR Group System Model TZ B System Type x -based PC Processor Intel R Core TM i - K CPU GHz Mhz Core s Logical Processor s BIOS Version Date American Megatrends Inc SMBIOS Version Windows Directory C Windows System Directory C Windows system Boot Device Device HarddiskVolume Locale United States Hardware Abstraction Layer Version quot quot User Name Admin-PC Admin Time Zone Pacific Daylight Time Installed Physical Memory RAM GB Total Physical Memory GB Available Physical Memory GB Total Virtual Memory GB Available Virtual Memory GB Page File Space GB Page File C pagefile sys Now here's the last errors in order leading up to the crash Kernel-Event Tracer Error code - lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt - lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-EventTracing quot Guid quot B EC -BDB - -BC -F FDC D CA quot gt lt EventID gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-EventTracing Admin lt Channel gt lt Computer gt Admin-PC lt Computer gt lt Security UserID quot S- - - quot gt lt System gt - lt EventData gt lt Data Name quot SessionName quot gt Microsoft Security Client OOBE lt Data gt lt Data Name quot FileName quot gt C ProgramData Microsoft Microsoft Security Client Support EppOobe etl lt Data gt lt Data Name quot ErrorCode quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot LoggingMode quot gt lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt Eventlog error ID - lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt - lt System gt lt Provider Name quot EventLog quot gt lt EventID Qualifiers quot quot gt lt EventID gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt Admin-PC lt Computer gt lt Security gt lt System gt - lt EventData gt lt Data gt PM lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Data gt lt Binary gt DF C DF C C B lt Binary gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt Eventlog error ID Event processing task - lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt - lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-Eventlog quot Guid quot fc ddd -d ef- - d - e cfe ce quot gt lt EventID gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt Security lt Ch... Read more

A:Random Crashing while playing games, doesnt crash otherwise. Win 7

Please upload the BSOD Posting Instructions http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/96879-blue-screen-death-bsod-posting-instructions.html. Upload the files here, this will tell you how. http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/9733-screenshots-files-upload-post-seven-forums.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/375012-random-crashing-while-playing-games-doesnt-crash-otherwise-win-7-a.html
Relevancy 66.22%

Hello gentlemen for some Solved: screen games playing Crashing/Dark when reason starting today my computer is crashing about - minutes of playing a game To be specific the monitor will go black and pop up with a message saying Solved: Crashing/Dark screen when playing games No signal input or something like that during this the game s sound will begin to loop it ll Solved: Crashing/Dark screen when playing games then stay like that until I have to manually reboot the computer I tried different games Garry s mod minecraft League of Legends and the same thing happened to all of them I have all the system requirements for the games I mentioned above Also I m not sure if it s a heat problem nor do I know what an ideal temp for a computer is so I ran a game minecraft for about minutes and took a pic of my temp here are the results Before running the game http i imgur com SPk s jpg After running the game for minutes http i imgur com wmo x jpg I would ve ran the game longer but I was afraid it was going to crash again I also attached my specs to this post incase that helps Thanks in advance Edit Also I forgot to mention I updated my drivers after the first crash but it did not stop the crashing nbsp

Relevancy 66.22%

This has been a problem of mine since years ago At first I didn t want to quot try quot to fix it because I thought it was just games crashing/restarting Computer randomly playing when the load of spyware regular computer usage Then about a month ago I attempted to fix it by just reformatting my computer and reinstalling everything At first I thought this would work but I notice it didn t My computer specs are P GHz GF Ti MB MB x PC DDR RAM Windows XP Pro w SP I know my computer is old and sucks It s about yrs old at that time it was Computer randomly crashing/restarting when playing games top of the line and I don t plan to upgrade anytime soon but maybe in the next - years My problem is that whenever I play ANY video game mostly D or graphics-intensive games my computer will randomly restart SOMETIMES not all of the time but it happens frequently than coincidentally just a regular crash It will usually do one of the following - Crash to desktop without notice - Crash to desktop WITH notice It is always a quot memory corruption quot type error - Computer restarts randomly in the middle of the game I ll be playing and soon I will be saying wtf After reformatting the problem still exists This restarting crashing seems to happen more often with different games too Computer randomly crashing/restarting when playing games The solutions I ve tried include installing DIFFERENT graphics drivers to see if it s a driver problem using a memory testing program to determine if my memory RAM is failing and last reinstalling the different games it crashes on I ve also have the latest updates including sound chipset BIOS motherboard game updates etc since I just reformatted and did a clean install not too long ago After doing all that it still happens but just randomly sometimes minutes into the game sometimes sometimes never But it s there though I think the only thing I haven t done is actually check the internal hardware myself like the graphics card I suspect it could be overheating since my card is quite old and I ve maybe worn it out the fan has died perhaps or my RAM is failing I dunno any suggestions or other diagnostics I should try Thanks nbsp

A:Computer randomly crashing/restarting when playing games

Sounds like you have bad memory. Download memtest and run it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-randomly-crashing-restarting-when-playing-games.387606/
Relevancy 66.22%

I have had my laptop for about a week now, and in the last two days I have had a recurring problem. Whilst playing games (specifically LoL and Smite), the laptop screen completely freezes up and I hear a buzzing sound. The only way I have been able to get out of this is to power off the laptop but taking out the battery. It has gone up in frequency and I do not have any solutions so any help would be useful. My laptop specs are:

15.6-inch (1366 x 768 pixel, 100.45 ppi) TN matt display
Intel? Core? i7 4510U Processor
Intel HD Graphics 4400 + nVidia GeForce 820M (2 GB)
Windows 8.1 Pro (64-bit)
8 GB DDR3L RAM

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/asus-x550ldv-crashing-whilst-playing-games-1059858.html
Relevancy 66.22%

So I recently upgraded to Windows 10 from Windows 7 , 10 was for free so why not. It was okay for weeks and i went on a holiday for 3 weeks. When i came back and plugged my PC back in it started to crash to BSOD or it just totally shuts off and restarts. I am also having these freezing problems which force me to manually turn off my PC ( which i know isn't the best for the PC) . Most of the time the crashing happens when Im playing games like Fallout 4,Dead by Daylight. I didn't notice any problems when being in a program like Photoshop CC . I tried programs that find system problems , scanned my hard disk and Ram too , no problems there , tried changing my power supply if its getting enough power . No fixes.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/623382/windows-10-bsod-freezing-and-crashing-while-playing-games/
Relevancy 66.22%

So I have a new Windows 8.1 build and its been having quite a few problems. On start ups if I don't go into bios before loading into windows I get a blue screen. I also get lots of crashes, usually when playing games. If you need me to upload any other files let me know.
Thanks in advance,
Edward.(I posted this same thing on windowsforums.com and no one has replied yet so I figured I would post here too.l)
In the zip folder I have cpuz info, ramnom info and W7F diagnostic tool reports.

A:BSODS and crashing when playing games+another weird thing.

Hi

The issue you are experiencing seems to be caused by the combination of more than one reasons.

Please follow the below steps.

1. Reset system BIOS.

We need to make sure the system is running on default values. To do that, clear the CMOS and then load optimal default values.

How To Clear CMOS (Reset BIOS)

2. Uninstall MotioninJoy.

At least one crash dump blames this poorly coded third party driver which is a well known BSOD causer.

Code:

BugCheck D1, {fffff800031c8638, 2, 8, fffff800031c8638}
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for MijXfilt.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for MijXfilt.sys
Probably caused by : MijXfilt.sys ( MijXfilt+1b638 )

You need to completely get rid of this driver from the system.

How to Uninstall Motioninjoy | MotioninJoy

3.Clean install AMD video driver.

Code:
BugCheck A0000001, {5, 0, 0, 0}
Probably caused by : atikmdag.sys ( atikmdag+277ce )

First uninstall the current driver properly from the system following instructions from How-To Uninstall AMD Catalyst Drivers From A Windows Based System

Then download this particular version http://www2.ati.com/drivers/13-12_wi...d_ccc_whql.exe

While installing, choose Custom and deselect everything except the AMD display driver. (Deselect "Catalyst Control" Center etc).

Attachment 33940

4. Uninstall all MSI Bundled softwares.

The following softwares should be complletely uninstalled from the system.

MSI Afterburner

MSI Super charger

MSI Intel Extreme Tuning Utility

MSI Super Charger

You should also uninstall KMSPico from the system which is used to activate pirated copies of Windows and office. We won't provide any support for illegal softwares.

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/37679-bsods-crashing-when-playing-games-another-weird-thing.html
Relevancy 66.22%

I don t know what s wrong One day I was playing fable and then I exited I was going to take out my wc when playing suddenly crashing/resetting games. Computer CD out of the CD drive because I was going to play it on my other comp but it wouldn t open So I resetted the comp and then the CD drive opened Next thing I know playing fable again the computer all of a Computer suddenly crashing/resetting when playing games. sudden resetted by itself Now when playing any games the computer would crash Sometimes just clicking links and such would make my computer crash An error message sometimes pops up at the start of windows The message s STOP x EATHREAD STUCK Computer suddenly crashing/resetting when playing games. IN DEVICE DRIVER It says that it s a graphics issue but I installed the most recent drivers and it still doesn t work The last resort says to Computer suddenly crashing/resetting when playing games. replace my video card but I d like to hope that there s another way When it crashes the screen turns black for a few seconds then resets or instead of turning black the colors and pictures of what s on my screen would just get all messed up After turning off the autoreboot under system failure all the screen does is stay black now My video card is an ATI RADEON Note I ve had this video card for years already I don t know why this is happening but here s my minidumps if it helps nbsp

A:Computer suddenly crashing/resetting when playing games.

Hello and welcome to Techspot.

All your minidumps crash at your video card drivers. They all have a bugcheck of EA.

0x000000EA: THREAD_STUCK_IN_DEVICE_DRIVER

A device driver problem has caused the system to pause indefinitely (hang). Typically, this is caused by a display driver waiting for the video hardware to enter an idle state. This might indicate a hardware problem with the video adapter, or a faulty video driver.

As you can see. This is either a problem with your video card drivers, or with the card itself.

If your card is overclocked, reset it to the defaults.

Try uninstalling, and reinstalling the drivers. Maybe try a different version of the drivers.

Check your card for overheating. Make sure any fan on the card is running properly, and that the heatsink isn`t full of dust.

Regards Howard :wave: :wave:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-suddenly-crashing-resetting-when-playing-games.41324/
Relevancy 66.22%

It's just as the title says, I've recently been experiencing a whole lot of crashes(where the screen glitches out and no BSOD) while playing games like Team Fortress 2 or while watching YouTube videos about once a day for the past week. I've attached all the crash dumps I could find and I would love any input on how to fix this.

Relevancy 65.79%

my pc has been broken sinse i got it really crashing games playing power problem demanding major when all it dos is crash when i play a demanding game like anarchy online or half-life but when playing small games like cs its fine but its been months and i still havnt been able to play all my kickass games because of this and now i wana try out warcraft i got a BIG feeling its gona do the same so i just need some help to make sure what is wrong with my pc here i have a high quality pc ghz processor gig ram d hercules prophet XT classic mb dvd drives inch flat screen so on so on but i have a watt powersupply can somone tell me with this hardware and playing a power demanding game is my power supply not good enough for it i also got a motherboard which aparrantly is making my fan speed to slow but that seems to be the only problem with that what u guys think nbsp

A:major crashing problem when playing power demanding games

Your psu is the weak link in your system.

Go HERE and use this handy psu wattage calculator.

Also take a look HERE for info on which psu to buy and not buy.

Regards Howard :grinthumb

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/major-crashing-problem-when-playing-power-demanding-games.26428/
Relevancy 65.79%

Since I purchased my computer two years ago I ve watching crashing/hanging and playing when Computer videos. games been having problems with the Computer crashing/hanging when playing games and watching videos. occasional crash when playing games Over the past couple of months the problem has been getting a lot worse and my computer will crash hang constantly when playing anything including WOW Rome Total War and Civilization IV In addition to that watching videos online as well as on Windows Media Player also can result in crashes I ve even experienced full hangs when opening Microsoft Word or burning a DVD I ve done a full MEMTEST and it found no errors In addition Computer crashing/hanging when playing games and watching videos. to that I believe my video and sound drivers are fully updated and I ve even tried plugging in a new graphic s card with no success I have also cleaned out the dust from the inside of my computer When I first experienced this problem I formatted my computer and reinstalled everything which also did not help solve my problem I have a Intel R Core TM CPU email protected GB of Ram Video Card Radeon X XT Sound SoundMAX Intergrated Digital HD Audio Thanks for any help that you can give me nbsp

Relevancy 65.79%

Hello everyone It has to have been over a year since I came here looking for help because I rarely have problems that are like this My computer randomly while Solved: games... computer My >.< crashing started playing is freezing while playing games low-end ones at that And sorry in advance for killing Solved: My computer started randomly crashing while playing games... >.< dial up users with my huge post Ok so here s the simple form of it I ve checked for Malware of any kind first none Spybot search and destroy ad-aware and I use ccleaner I recomend this program as an Solved: My computer started randomly crashing while playing games... >.< experienced PC user for general stuff I disabled all uneeded applications shouldn t have mattered but still before running any games Left only my wireless software and sound driver program I downloaded a temperature monitor for my hardware that acessed the built in stuff all seems good as far as I can find the info for My main concern was the CPU that s clear for sure at dC I updated Windows with everything they had minus the useless stuff eg sim card reader and Windows media player lt Winamp Pro I updated my video card driver and installed Catylyst which was my main reason for updating Windows for net framework updates Stuff I already tried to do Reinstall the below listed games that I ve been using and or testing my fixes with Notice a degredation issue with continued gameplay nope The amount of time before freezing seems to be random as it has been after seconds once and other times after a half hour or more or sometime to my pleasure not at all Update the games a little difficult for one or two of em but otherwise seeing as how it s a mutli-game trend I doubted this being the issue Tried it anyway with no luck Made sure I didn t install anything around the time I first noticed the problem I didn t My system specs as I m sure I ll be asked for if I don t put em in here CPU AMD Athlon MHz as specifically listed by My Computer properties dialog box Mainboard Some Asus mainboard can t remember or lookup the model that came with the barebone it fits all my stuff and never caused a problem in the last two years lt It also provides me with onboard sound and USB Don t use any other unlisted ports Ram MBs Can t remember the type but I won t look unless you guys need it specifically It s installed as a G and a M Graphics Card ATI Radeon PCI MB wish this thing had a temperature monitor Internet DSL provided by Verizon I use their Westel Gateway w connected wirelessly with a generic use wireless device that worked fine with the games I m playing for several weeks before the issue came up IDE Drives PM- gb seagate soemthing or other PS- gb something not currently doing anything at all-extra space for future use SM- Memorex DL x x DVD Drive well worth the money spent on it SS- LG x x wonderful CD burner before I got the DVD keep it cuz I like dual CD drive abilities use to multigame Don t use it much anymore even for burning CDs Software stuff Windows XP Home Edition SP with the most recent updates available as of hours ago Spybot - Search and Destroy TeaTimer lt Adaware - I don t have it always on but I scan regularly enough including today Catalyst ATI driver support thingy - Just installed this today to see if I had GPU temp monitoring My generic wireless configuration tool - speaks for itself it s rather basic and I technically don t need it but i prefer it to letting Windows assume things CCleaner - This thing is great as a cleanup tool and is helpful for advanced malware removal if I need to get at startup stuff easily Also lets me disable anoying useless software that comes with hardware or anoying things like MSN Messenger runnning itself at startup no matter what you do It s also free lt Pays to be an advanced user DAEMON Tools Lite - A virtual cd drive program Before I get accused I deny doing anything illegal with the program I simply archive some stuff I have on my harddr... Read more

A:Solved: My computer started randomly crashing while playing games... >.<

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-my-computer-started-randomly-crashing-while-playing-games.706380/
Relevancy 65.79%

I need a little help with a problem that I've had occur for the past few days So I would try to load up a game and Crashing Category while Event playing Task 41 Kernel ID 63 games, play but in doing so my computer will go into a black screen and restart itself once I Crashing while playing games, Kernel Event ID 41 Task Category 63 start actually getting into the game No BSOD is shown I checked my event viewer and found out that I'm getting this critical error of quot Kernel Power Event ID Task Category quot and have been working for hours trying to find a solution Drivers have been reinstalled tested my RAM checked the hard drives and voltages have looked fine on my PSU The only things I haven't checked are testing my GPU and CPU so does that mean either of those components could be the source of these errors or is there something else that I'm missing here Here are the critical error properties - lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt - lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power quot Guid quot C B A- - C -AC E- C D B quot gt lt EventID gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt Ken-PC lt Computer gt lt Security UserID quot S- - - quot gt lt System gt - lt EventData gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckCode quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt xfffffa cbe lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt xfffff lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt xffffffffc a lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot SleepInProgress quot gt false lt Data gt lt Data Name quot PowerButtonTimestamp quot gt lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt Specs Intel Core i k CPU ASUS Maximus VI Hero z Motherboard Nvidia GeForce GTX GPU Corsair Vengeance Pro GB Mhz RAM Seagate Barracuda TB rpm HDD Samsung Series GB SSD XFX Pro W Black Edition PSU

A:Crashing while playing games, Kernel Event ID 41 Task Category 63

Hey there! You haven't enabled dumps. Enable dumps. Dump Files - Configure Windows to Create on BSOD

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/373921-crashing-while-playing-games-kernel-event-id-41-task-category-63-a.html
Relevancy 65.79%

I apologize in advance if my post is missing any information I attempted to games. with Routine sound video when crashing playing buzzing follow the directions for properly posting but while I'm am computer functional I'm not overly computer literate I'm Routine crashing with buzzing sound when playing video games. running Windows Professional computer bit GB of RAM AMD Phenom tm II X Processor GHz The system constantly crashes when playing video games and games consistently lag We have completely re-installed the OS and replaced all parts in the PC at least twice Routine crashing with buzzing sound when playing video games. When the system crashes the speakers buzz loudly although sometimes it sounds like it's coming from the computer itself We switched from Nvidia because everything has checked out and it was hoped that the problem was the Routine crashing with buzzing sound when playing video games. hardware not playing nice to no avail I'm still getting the same error crash The error report that comes up upon reboot is Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode BCP BCP FFFFFA E A BCP BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users Adam AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml Read our privacy statement online Windows Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows If the online privacy statement is not available please read our privacy statement offline C Windows system en-US erofflps txt Please let me know what I can do to fix this if at all possible my friends and I have exhausted every last thing we can think of

A:Routine crashing with buzzing sound when playing video games.

All except last one showed up a WHEA error stating that there was a timeout failure of the northbridge bus between CPU and RAM. Commonly this is due to a mobo, RAM or CPU failure. Just to make sure, if you believe your system is stable enough, you can attempt updating your BIOS for your mobo as that can commonly fix things. In most cases however, this is a problem that will only be resolved by swapping hardware.

If you wish, you can run some hardware tests as followed in the order given:

RAM: Memtest86+ - 7+ passes
CPU: Prime95 - Torture Test; Blend; overnight (9+ hours)
GPU: MemtestCL - Run twice (if any of the tests work on your GPU; ATI cards will need to install the ATI APP SDK as it requires OpenCL)

All of these (excluding MemtestCL) are included in the UBCD if you prefer a Live CD environment (which is the best environment to test hardware on). Note that Prime95 currently does not work on the latest version of UBCD. Also, please provide us temps/voltages using HWInfo with Sensors only option checked. Log two 30-minute instances: one for idle, and one for high load. If you can get the system to crash during high load logging, that's even better.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/231228-routine-crashing-buzzing-sound-when-playing-video-games.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Hello guys I've been having this problem for awhile since I'm still on Win I'm so frustrated that after I clean installed Win on my laptop the problem is still there The laptop is years old if that can help solving this problem and the problem happened just recently Already tried re-installing the newest driver with DDU and also tried reverting back to older driver but end up with the same problem Did opened the case to clean for dust and tried to play some games while the case isn't assembled and games running for a long time and didn't have the driver crash but crashing recovered N55S ASUS and Nvidia playing Driver while keep games on after the case assembled and awhile the problem Nvidia Driver keep crashing and recovered on ASUS N55S while playing games persist Tried using Furmark to check whether gpu overheating or anything Running the GPU stress test on x and x shows that the temperature goes above of c steadily from idle temperature idle c That's bad isn't it But in games the driver keep crashing and recovering on c mark does my gpu is overheating cause of the games Will changing my gpu thermal paste helped It's my last resort though nbsp Here some readings during the incident from GPU-Z As you can see graph stripes is the one where the problem occured The problem is reproducible so if the screenshot didn't help much I can try again Any input to solve this problem is welcome please assist me on what to do next Any help will be appreciated My Laptop Specs Windows Home Intel i - M ghz GB Ram Nvidia GT M GB Intel HD

A:Nvidia Driver keep crashing and recovered on ASUS N55S while playing games

Anybody?
Some guidance sure can help my next move.

http://www.tomsguide.com/answers/id-3123405/nvidia-driver-crashing-recovered-asus-n55s-playing-games.html
Relevancy 61.92%

Hello I recently bought an ASUS G SW laptop Everything was working great untill I started playing games on it Whenever I play it would just randomly in games crashing Laptop freeze music and sounds still playing though I have to manually turn the machine off using the power button When trying to start it back up the screen sometimes won't respond After several tries I finally get the ASUS logo on screen and it will continue to boot Sometimes it will instantly boot after a crash When I checked the DMP file I found this Quote VIDEO TDR FAILURE Attempt to reset the display driver and recover from timeout failed Laptop crashing in games Arguments Arg fffffa d e Optional pointer to internal TDR recovery context TDR RECOVERY CONTEXT Arg fffff f The pointer into responsible device driver module e g owner tag Arg ffffffffc a Optional error code NTSTATUS of the last failed operation Arg Optional internal context dependent data Debugging Details ------------------ FAULTING IP nvlddmkm f fffff f Laptop crashing in games ec sub rsp h DEFAULT BUCKET ID GRAPHICS DRIVER TDR FAULT CUSTOMER CRASH COUNT BUGCHECK STR x PROCESS NAME System CURRENT IRQL STACK TEXT fffff a b fffff b fffffa d e fffff f ffffffff c a nt KeBugCheckEx fffff a b fffff b fffff f fffffa a f ffffffff c a dxgkrnl TdrBugcheckOnTimeout xec fffff a b fffff b e f fffffa ffffd d ffffffff fffe fffffa d e dxgkrnl DXGADAPTER Reset x a fffff a c fffff cc ec fffffa d fffffa a c dxgkrnl TdrResetFromTimeout x fffff a cc fffff d c fca fffffa a e c fffffa eeb fffffa a e c dxgmms VidSchiWorkerThread x fffff a d fffff a c fffff a fffffa a e c fffff af c fffff f b nt PspSystemThreadStartup x a fffff a d nt KxStartSystemThread x STACK COMMAND bugcheck kb FOLLOWUP IP nvlddmkm f fffff f ec sub rsp h SYMBOL NAME nvlddmkm f FOLLOWUP NAME MachineOwner MODULE NAME nvlddmkm IMAGE NAME nvlddmkm sys DEBUG FLR IMAGE TIMESTAMP dd a FAILURE BUCKET ID X x IMAGE nvlddmkm sys BUCKET ID X x IMAGE nvlddmkm sys My system speccs are the following OS Windows Home Premium x CPU Intel i QM GPU Geforce GTX M RAM GB HDD x Seagate Momentus XT GB

A:Laptop crashing in games

Quote: Originally Posted by Zomda

Hello,

I recently bought an ASUS G73SW laptop.
Everything was working great untill I started playing games on it.
Whenever I play, it would just randomly freeze (music and sounds still playing though). I have to manually turn the machine off using the power button. When trying to start it back up, the screen sometimes won't respond. After several tries I finally get the ASUS logo on screen and it will continue to boot. Sometimes it will instantly boot after a crash.

When I checked the DMP file I found this:

Quote:
VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (116)
Attempt to reset the display driver and recover from timeout failed.
Arguments:
Arg1: fffffa800786d4e0, Optional pointer to internal TDR recovery context (TDR_RECOVERY_CONTEXT).
Arg2: fffff88010642f10, The pointer into responsible device driver module (e.g. owner tag).
Arg3: ffffffffc000009a, Optional error code (NTSTATUS) of the last failed operation.
Arg4: 0000000000000004, Optional internal context dependent data.

Debugging Details:
------------------
FAULTING_IP:
nvlddmkm+801f10
fffff880`10642f10 4883ec28 sub rsp,28h

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: GRAPHICS_DRIVER_TDR_FAULT

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x116

CURRENT_IRQL: 0

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`040a5b48 fffff880`10b51000 : 00000000`00000116 fffffa80`0786d4e0 fffff880`10642f10 ffffffff`c000009a : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`040a5b50 fffff880`10b24867 : fffff880`10642f10 fffffa80`0a8f3000 00000000`00000000 ffffffff`c000009a : dxgkrnl!TdrBugcheckOnTimeout+0xec
fffff880`040a5b90 fffff880`10b50e0f : fffffa80`ffffd84d ffffffff`fffe7960 fffffa80`0786d4e0 00000000`00000000 : dxgkrnl!DXGADAPTER::Reset+0x2a3
fffff880`040a5c40 fffff880`06cc1ec1 : fffffa80`0749d520 00000000`00000080 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`0a8c0410 : dxgkrnl!TdrResetFromTimeout+0x23
fffff880`040a5cc0 fffff800`0336d7c6 : 00000000`012fca09 fffffa80`0a5e98c0 fffffa80`066eeb30 fffffa80`0a5e98c0 : dxgmms1!VidSchiWorkerThread+0x101
fffff880`040a5d00 fffff800`030a8c26 : fffff880`030a4180 fffffa80`0a5e98c0 fffff880`030af0c0 fffff880`0124f2b4 : nt!PspSystemThreadStartup+0x5a
fffff880`040a5d40 00000000`00000000 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KxStartSystemThread+0x16
STACK_COMMAND: .bugcheck ; kb

FOLLOWUP_IP:
nvlddmkm+801f10
fffff880`10642f10 4883ec28 sub rsp,28h

SYMBOL_NAME: nvlddmkm+801f10

FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: nvlddmkm

IMAGE_NAME: nvlddmkm.sys

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 4dd73a68

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x116_IMAGE_nvlddmkm.sys

BUCKET_ID: X64_0x116_IMAGE_nvlddmkm.sys

My system speccs are the following:

CPU: Intel i7 2630 QM
GPU: Geforce GTX 460M
RAM: 8GB
HDD: 2x Seagate Momentus XT 500GB

"It's not a true crash, in the sense that the bluescreen was initiated only because the combination of video driver and video hardware was being unresponsive, and not because of any synchronous processing exception.

Since Vista, the "Timeout Detection and Recovery" (TDR) components of the OS video subsystem have been capable of doing some truly impressive things to try to recover from issues which would have caused earlier OSs like XP to crash.

As a last resort, the TDR subsystem sends the video driver a "please restart yourself now!" command and waits a few seconds.

If there's no response, the OS concludes that the video driver/hardware combo has truly collapsed in a heap, and it fires off that stop 0x116 BSOD.

If playing with video driver versions hasn't helped, make sure the box is not overheating.

Try removing a side panel and aiming a big mains fan straight at the motherboard and GPU.

Run it like that for a few hours or days - long enough to ascertain whether cooler temperatures make a difference.

If so, it might be as simple as dust buildup and subsequently inadequate cooling.

I would download cpu-z and gpu-z (both free) and k... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/179379-laptop-crashing-games.html
Relevancy 61.49%

i have a dell laptop with M gs graphic dvdrips crashing playing Laptop when card while playing fifa screen went wired colors then it just restarted took a couple of reboots to even get the dell logo to come up it load up i started watching avi file after like m it crash again wired colors sound was still going but then after a while it just restarted took alot more attempts to get the dell logo to come up Laptop crashing when playing dvdrips at first i thought it was the driver so i updated that when i finally got vista back up but after restart and going back to watch the movie it crashed again i thought it may have been over heating but core temp dont go above C any ideas what could be wrong it seems to me that the graphic card is destroyed but then how is it able to run windows aero ps im using the laptop right now to type this it doesnt seem unstable under vista but loses it when opening a video file nbsp

A:Laptop crashing when playing dvdrips

Do you have Vista's SP1 installed? If not, install it

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-crashing-when-playing-dvdrips.114813/
Relevancy 61.06%

I have installed several games on my sons laptop. It is an IBM T30. I launch the game and it quicky flashes and then nothing happens. I have met all the specifications. I have also tried installing on our IBM T20...T21...T22...and T23 with the same results. Any suggestions?

A:Playing games on laptop

I forgot to add that I had installed it on my desktop and it played with no problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/playing-games-on-laptop.9950/
Relevancy 60.63%

First off hello and thanks for taking the time to read my post and help me out with my issue So a few weeks ago I think I got home grabbed my laptop booted it up and the screen kinda freaked out for a quick sec and went back to normal might have been due to how I grabbed it which is probably the source of most of the trouble I ll list When I finished loading up and tried using applications that application would freeze and give me the quot Not Responding quot bull-crap after showing no signs of response for - minutes This was for every single thing I tried to do and would sometimes start giving me a message saying that Windows is not responding and gave me two options stop it or cancel However that issue got resolved I got my computer wiped and installed Windows Ultimate The freezing stopped and everything was back to normal after updating a few drivers until I booted up Laptop While Having Playing My With Games Issues a game The first one I did load up was Having Issues With My Laptop While Playing Games League of Legends After a few minutes my whole computer shut Having Issues With My Laptop While Playing Games down and I found out that it was because my computer overheated Keep in mind that this was a game that my computer had no problem playing and would never make my comp crash due to Having Issues With My Laptop While Playing Games temperature problems I tried other games such as metal gear rising and dark souls and the result was pretty much the same So basically my laptop ran into an originally very bad but easily solved problem but upon being fixed was not able to cool itself sufficiently enough while playing games that it had no problem running before I ve even installed programs like SpeedFan to see if the fans weren t running but they are although I m not sure if they re running as well as they were before I m currently going to try and purchase a cooling pad to see if that will alleviate the problem but I still want to see if there are any other issues or another solution Specs Model Model Toshiba Satellite P -S OS Windows Ultimate -Bit Intel Core i - M CPU GHz gigs of memory NVIDIA GeForce GT M nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/having-issues-with-my-laptop-while-playing-games.1144491/
Relevancy 60.63%

Since my friend is too stressed as well as not the type to go on places like this I am asking for him He has a AMD Athlon II P Dual-Core Ghz laptop with gigs of ram and a ATI Mobility Radeon HD Series GB the thing is Laptop issues has playing games years old Well he has been having issues with games and since I own Laptop has issues playing games a desktop I only know so much about what its really capable of Anyway he wants to play games like Warframe War thunder and not need to lower the settings all the way just to in some cases barely play Also seems he cannot run Just Laptop has issues playing games cause Now another friend I talked to briefly said sounds like something is eating his resources but again only know so much about laptops So is it his CPU video card ram or is it all the junk that might be on his system He did note that his laptop does seem to run hot and with only one fan vent it coudl be the reason for all I know he said an I quote here quot its hot enough to melt the glue of the foot pad in the corner and cause my hand to sweat quot he would love to get a desktop but sadly funds for him are quite limited nbsp

A:Laptop has issues playing games

It is quite obvious that the problem is temperature and I also think that laptop doesn't meet the recommended specification requirements of the games he wants to play.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-has-issues-playing-games.203314/
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi,

So i have a problem with my laptop. Idk why but it shuts down whenever I play graphic-intensive (kinda) games. It completely shuts down literally after 5-10 seconds of play. I recently tried to disable my graphic card then tried to play, and it worked. It didn't shut down. But I get less than 10 fps. I've tried uninstalling my graphics card then reinstalling it again but the results are still the same.

Info:

AMD Radeon HD 7600M Series with Intel Core i3-3120 [email protected]
4 GB RAM (3.90 GB usable)

Thanks!

A:Laptop shuts down when playing games

Temparature in game?

http://www.tomsguide.com/answers/id-3129775/laptop-shuts-playing-games.html
Relevancy 60.63%

I don't know what happen, my laptop was able to run lots of games smoothly now they all got laggy and it's crazy. When my laptop was running them smoothly it was rated 4.9 for gaming graphics in the rating thing ( don't remember what it's called). Now it is rated as 4.2, . I've tired everything, registry cleanup, defragmenting, stop process while playing and change game priority. I am using a Vista 64 bit OS. Thanks too.

A:Playing games on my laptop is slow now?

Hello there... I love online games... we have the same problem...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/playing-games-on-my-laptop-is-slow-now.933915/
Relevancy 60.63%

I have Acer Emachines E727 work only in microsoft basic display.if i put my driver video freeze and screen get wiered freeze and screen get weird

A:My laptop getting crazy after playing games

can you let me know th configuration and videos chipset? may be its becase of the chip set or the display driver ..you can test out by reinstall the display driver

daily deal

http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/forum/helproom-1/my-laptop-getting-crazy-after-playing-games-4599182/
Relevancy 60.63%

First of all i read the instructions in posting BSOD the problem is can't find the zipped folder not in the desktop though it says it is already made but i will attached BSOD laptop games playing when and/or hot gets when my minidump file that i zipped - - BSOD when playing games and/or when laptop gets hot zip Also I'm having problem with my minidumps file this is the only time that my laptop was able to generate a minidump file Regarding the problem my old laptop an Asus K J has been getting BSOD I tried performing CHKDSK but did not find any problem i also perform an sfc scannow not sure is this the integrity check sorry not quite knowledgeable with this things i also use a memtest but i didn't encounter with any problems using it also furmark i tried doing a repair install not sure if that's the proper term but i still get BSOD I've been getting it for quite a time now but i tend to ignore it just got frequent these days my common BSOD code are x f x a ntfs sys

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/379689-bsod-when-playing-games-when-laptop-gets-hot.html
Relevancy 60.63%

hi, i have a acer 3000..i no its not the best for gameing but i have played runescape on it for a year or 2 now and it hasnt had any major problems..now all the sudden ill be sitting there playing and after about 20 or 30 minuts the whole computer will just shut off, however if im just surfing the web it never has this problem...it also shuts off when watching videos..what could be wrong with it?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-shuts-off-when-playing-games.705904/
Relevancy 60.63%

Hello I'm actiza I bought this laptop last Christmas and have been quite happy with it but I know it must be capable of more A friend of mine has an older laptop and much worse one but for some reason he has the A games playing almost quite new laptop any lags when same higher fps playing those games than me Everything should be updated Nvidia drivers windows updates etc For example when playing A quite new laptop lags when playing almost any games League of Legends at maximum it says that my FPS is at - but I can see clearly how it lags When lowering the shadow quality everything becomes fine but Nvidia experience sets everything to Very High when optimizing My battery is plugged in whenever my laptop A quite new laptop lags when playing almost any games is working And it is set to maximum performance Problems Games lag Kind of slow start up in my opinion Performance is way too bad for such a laptop in my opinion Laptop info Asus N VZ I hope you can help me increase my laptop's performance because I'm sure there's something misconfigured Also should this be a problem Why isn't the laptop display above GT M

A:A quite new laptop lags when playing almost any games

I think my BIOS version could be outdated though.
Current is: N56VZ.211, 21.08.2012.
Newest downloadable is: 216 2013.01.09.
But if I need to update it, I need step-by-step instructions on how to, because I'm not really sure how to. I downloaded something called the "WinFlash" from Asus's support site.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/293878-quite-new-laptop-lags-when-playing-almost-any-games.html
Relevancy 60.63%

I have applied thermal paste several times recently applied shin-etsu thermal compound I have checked the fan Its dust free and is functioning properly Tested the temperature with various softwares such as HWInfo HWmonitor and GPU-Z The temperature reaches C while playing games No FPS drops I get very good FPS with games such as assassins playing Laptop while 95C overheat games..about gets creed unity GTA V Bioshock infinite The surface above the touchpad doesn't feel too hot but the surface just above the fan near the side of keyboard feels hot Never experienced BSOD while playing games Sometimes the temperature reach C but the laptop never shuts down Room temperature is C right now Laptop gets overheat while playing games..about 95C I have all the drivers installed up to date My CPU consumes no more than - while playing games With GPU-Z I can see that the nvidia gpu doesn't get overheat It stays C while playing games but when I click on the intel gpu it shows about celcius I use nvidia gpu for games Checked it with nvidia control panel and intel gpu for other things Its set in the nvidia control panel Today I performed another test using prime Ran it for about hour with no issues I think the fan is not blowing at a high speed while playing games Today while using prime Laptop gets overheat while playing games..about 95C the fan was blowing at a high speed I don't get this amount of speed while running games Edit- When the laptop is in idle state and the charger is not plugged in the temperature is around - C intel gpu core clock speed MHZ when i plug in the adapter the temperature is C MHZ Note that my laptop has turboboost GHZ to GHZ When I plug in the adapter it goes up to GHZ from GHZ Please ignore my bad english Thank you

A:Laptop gets overheat while playing games..about 95C

Room temp of 98C? I think you mean 98F. If ambient temp is that warm it will be very hard for the laptop to stay cool. You need a good cooling pad.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/67006-laptop-gets-overheat-while-playing-games-about-95c.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hi. I have a lenovo ideapad yoga 11s. While surfing the web it never gets hot only when I play league of legends and especially pokemon tcg online itll get even hotter. I heard theres something that you can change in power options in processor power management but i dont understand that. Should I be worried that my laptop gets hot?

A:While playing games my laptop overheat, hat do I do about it?

Yes. Heat can shorten the life of your laptop. Normally the laptop takes care of the problem.  The fan is controller by a heat sensor. But  if  it really gets hot it will shut down. Has that ever happened?What do you have under the laptop?  It should be a smooth surface that allows air flow. You can get an external fan to help keep it cool, but that shod not be needed. You can just use a cheap desk fan to help cool the back of the laptop.At Walmart you can get a little fan the runs off the USB.From Walmart.com:  Desk Decor Plastic Shell PC Desktop Cooling USB Mini Fan Pink DC5V 2.5W now just $11.34 on sale.Does that answer your question? 

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,152401.0.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hello So everytime I play certain games such as fallout new vegas poker night at the inventory or walking crashes playing Laptop when games. dead I always have PC crashes related to my driver IRQL being less or not equal igdkmd sys My laptop model Laptop crashes when playing games. is Acer E - G Intel core - U GB Ram Nvidea Gefore M OS Windows Single Laptop crashes when playing games. Language bit However I do notice that the system has been warning me of low memories Memory dump Microsoft reg Windows Debugger Version AMD Copyright copy Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved Loading Dump File C Windows MEMORY DMP Kernel Bitmap Dump File Only kernel address space is available Symbol Path validation summary Response Time ms Location Deferred SRV c symbols http msdl microsoft com download symbols Symbol search path is SRV c symbols http msdl microsoft com download symbols Executable search path is Windows Kernel Version MP procs Free x Product WinNt suite TerminalServer SingleUserTS Personal Built by amd fre winblue rtm - Machine Name Kernel base xfffff b d PsLoadedModuleList xfffff b b Debug session time Sun Jul UTC System Uptime days Loading Kernel Symbols Loading User Symbols PEB is paged out Peb Ldr ff fde Type hh dbgerr for details Loading unloaded module list Bugcheck Analysis Use analyze -v to get detailed debugging information BugCheck D fffff cd a ERROR Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for igdkmd sys Probably caused by igdkmd sys igdkmd a Followup MachineOwner --------- kd gt analyze -v Bugcheck Analysis DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL d An attempt was made to access a pageable or completely invalid address at an interrupt request level IRQL that is too high This is usually caused by drivers using improper addresses If kernel debugger is available get stack backtrace Arguments Arg memory referenced Arg IRQL Arg value read operation write operation Arg fffff cd a address which referenced memory Debugging Details ------------------ READ ADDRESS CURRENT IRQL FAULTING IP igdkmd a fffff cd a cmp dword ptr rax h DEFAULT BUCKET ID WIN DRIVER FAULT BUGCHECK STR AV PROCESS NAME dwm exe ANALYSIS VERSION debuggers dbg - amd fre TRAP FRAME ffffd c f -- trap xffffd c f NOTE The trap frame does not contain all registers Some register values may be zeroed or incorrect rax rbx rcx ffffe d ce rdx ffffe b d rsi rdi rip fffff cd a rsp ffffd c b rbp ffffe b r ffffe d abf r ffffffff r r ffffd c a r r r r iopl nv up ei ng nz na pe nc igdkmd x a fffff cd a cmp dword ptr rax h ds Resetting default scope LAST CONTROL TRANSFER from fffff b e be to fffff b dd a STACK TEXT ffffd c dd fffff b e be a nt KeBugCheckEx ffffd c de fffff b e a ffffd c f nt KiBugCheckDispatch x ffffd c f fffff cd a ffffe b ffffe d c ffffffff nt KiPageFault x a ffffd c b fffff c a ffffd c ffffe ffffffff ffffe ffffffff igdkmd x a ffffd c fffff c b ffffe b bc ffffc b f fffff c cb igdkmd x c a ffffd c a fffff bfc ffffd c a ffffd c ffffc b f dxgkrnl ADAPTER RENDER DdiCreateAllocation xba ffffd c e fffff c f ffffd c a ffffd c a ffffd c dxgkrnl DXGDEVICE CreateDriverAllocations x c ffffd c fffff bf ffffc bbab ffffc bbab ffffd c b dxgkrnl DXGDEVICE CreateAllocation x ffffd c fffff b e b f df bfb ffffd c b ffffc c cc ffffc b f dxgkrnl DxgkCreateAllocation x ffffd c b ffb a nt KiSystemServiceCopyEnd x f df bed x ffb a STACK COMMAND kb FOLLOWUP IP igdkmd a fffff cd a cmp dword ptr rax h SYMBOL STACK INDEX SYMBOL NAME igdkmd a FOLLOWUP NAME MachineOwner MODULE NAME igdkmd IMAGE NAME igdkmd sys DEBUG FLR IMAGE TIMESTAMP e FAILURE BUCKET ID AV igdkmd a BUCKET ID AV igdkmd a ANALYSIS SOURCE KM FAILURE ID HASH STRING km av igdkmd a FAILURE ID HASH edfec - d- f - b -a bdc dec Followup MachineOwner ---------

A:Laptop crashes when playing games.

Update your Intel graphics driver.

Please provide this information so we can provide a complete analysis (from the Pinned Topic at the top of the forum):  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/584121/laptop-crashes-when-playing-games/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hey all,

First, this is my first post on this forum, I found this forum when looking for a solution on my problems with the laptop.

The laptop is a Dell xps L10701X (nearly one year old)
The specs are:

CPU = i7
GPU= nvidea 445M (3gb, non shared ram)
HDD = 2x 500gb
Ram = 12 gb DDR3 1333
OS = windows 7 64 bit ultimate (clean install just 2 hours ago)

2 out of 3 times i boot, the computer just freezes on booting, always happens during the windows logo.
When it boots it just takes a game or a video to totally freeze the notebook, the screen turns black when that happens.

Yesterday I have someone from Dell to replace my mainboard, but that didn't fix the problem.

Any help would be greatly apriciated.

Jory

A:Laptop keeps freezing when playing games/videos

"OS = windows 7 64 bit ultimate (clean install just 2 hours ago)"...

Did you download and install all the Windows 7 updates after re-installing Windows including service pack 1. Run Windows Update until no more updates are found

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-keeps-freezing-when-playing-games-videos.174238/
Relevancy 59.77%

I have a HP Probook 4545s with AMD A4-4300m 4 GB of ram and AMD Radeon 7420g.The CPU temp suddenly increases from 35 ?C in idle to 85 ?C in a few seconds and drops back again to 35.This is really annoying cause the fan gets really loud for a few seconds.Also when I use Skype,or playing games after 15-20 minutes it shuts down(actually it hibernates).When i turn it on again it shows that the max cpu temp was over 120 ?C .Also lately I started getting BSOD KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR - 0x0000007A.The laptop is three months old and it was used for browsing.
Any suggestions?

A:Laptop overheating,BSOD while playing games

HP laptops are well known for over heating , I had to send mine back to HP because after just 6months from new because it wouldn't stay on for over 5 minutes it just over heated straight away so I think anyone who has a HP laptop needs a can of compressed air to keep the fan and fans vents clean, HP website/ signs of overheating and using compressed air to clean the fan and vents so my advice would be before you deal with the error message clean the fan and vents so hopefully your laptop will stay on and not over heat and then you'll beable to run CHKDSK without the laptop cutting out half way through ( which would be bad for the CHKDSK process and the laptop )

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/296602-laptop-overheating-bsod-while-playing-games.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi Guys

I have a Dell latitude ES5500 which is a recon model
It works fine and on start up I hear the fan going. (so I don't think this is the problem)
All of the airways are clear.
When the laptop first arrived I could get 4-5 mins of video or game time before it shut off, it is now down to virtually straight away.
The laptop does not feel hot to touch either and when turned back on will perform any other function ie e mails word processing database and excel etc without a problem.
I can go on facebook and read post search the internet with no problems but as soon as I try to run a video or play a game it drops straight out.
I have to hold the button down to shut the laptop off and then it will restart with no bother.
This is fairly frustrating and I was wondering if anyone had any advice/ solutions to this?

A:Laptop keeps turning off when playing video's or games

It's worth installing HWMonitor or SpeedFan to check temperatures when you are playing video. My laptop fan doesn't kick in until the GPU temperature gets to 60c and it then drops rapidly to about 50c whereas your fan is working from start up.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-keeps-turning-off-when-playing-videos-or-games.207231/
Relevancy 59.77%

This is the image that my friend gets when he plays a high quality YouTube video or decides to play a PC Game: http://imgur.com/e6VHY http://i.imgur.com/rqsad.jpg
The laptop then locks up and freezes with that weird screwed up mosaic.
Any thoughts on why this might be? Is it a graphics problem? CPU? Should he be re-installing his OS?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/playing-videos-or-pc-games-causes-laptop-to-freeze.1004061/
Relevancy 59.77%

Wheever i play games like red faction guerilla or fallout 3 my computer starts to lag after the heat gets really high, like around 109 C. My computer is a g50v with a NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GS.

A:How can I lower my laptop's tempature while playing games?

109 is really hot, maybe prob something under it so it can pull in more air, or get a laptop cooler.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-can-i-lower-my-laptops-tempature-while-playing-games.146903/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi I recently bought the Talos Principle from Steam I was playing with no problems for about half an hour Suddenly the picture began to stutter and my sound became distorted crackly After about a minute or so my computer shut itself off I rebooted it back up got stutters games. then crashes while certain playing laptop a bluescreen and had this cycling for a little while laptop stutters then crashes while playing certain games. After holding the power button with no power cable connected and then rebooting with my power output attached my computer powered back up A little digging in the Event Viewer threw this up The system was shut down due to a critical thermal event Shutdown Time amp amp - amp amp - amp T Z ACPI Thermal Zone TZ TZS CRT K This has happened before - last year while playing FIFA - Acer offered to replace hard-drive laptop stutters then crashes while playing certain games. It happened again with FIFA I should probably stop buying FIFA and now today with Talos For context I have about games installed on Steam at the minute and they all run perfectly fine I ve downloaded and run RealTemp and everything seems to be fine when I am just browsing the internet working listening to music etc Any idea what the problem might be how I could fix it Cheers SPECS Acer Aspire V - Windows -bit x -based processor Intel Core i GHz NVIDIA GeForce GT M GB GB RAM GB HDD nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-stutters-then-crashes-while-playing-certain-games.1139428/
Relevancy 59.77%

Hey With Keyboard Games Issue Playing Laptop's While guys just three days ago I ordered a new-condition HP Issue With Laptop's Keyboard While Playing Games Pavilion Liquid Platinum laptop Since the beginning I've noticed that when playing different video games the arrow keys don't respond properly For example when playing a racing game the vehicle in the game may not turn if I press down on the left or right arrow keys If the vehicle does turn if I let go of the left or right arrow key the vehicle may still keep turning Also sometimes by only holding down the up arrow key to tell the vehicle in the game to move forward without letting go of the key at all the vehicle may start to decelerate as if I did let go of the up arrow key These problems don't only occur in just one game they happened in almost every game I have tried so far with some games responding better to the keyboard keys than others I am pretty new to using Windows so if anybody could give me some advice as to how I can resolve this problem I would greatly appreciate it Thank you

http://www.tenforums.com/gaming/68536-issue-laptops-keyboard-while-playing-games.html
Relevancy 59.77%

While playing games like warframe and blacklight retribution my laptop just turns off,This problem has occured recently,I used to play games in this and I guess my laptop's configuration supports these games.What could be the cause of the issue ? 

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/Lenovo-B-and-G-Series-Notebooks/Laptop-turns-off-while-playing-games-Lenovo-G50-70-intel-i3-8-GB/td-p/3461652
Relevancy 59.34%

Hello there I ve got a problem with my computer that s been bothering me for a long time now If possible I d like any of you to help me identify the problem and find a solution I ve never been able to fix this problem on what should problem. identifying Need help keeps games playing computer Computer crashing when be a perfectly fine computer bought new in march Full spec list in the end of the post OS is Windows XP Pro The problem is that the computer is either crashing completely or forcing games to shut down when I m playing games What I ve come to think is that my power supply can t handle the hardware that s in the computer when all the parts are being used maximally Here s what I m thinking When a game that demands the whole computer to work at maximum capacity is running the power supply will attempt to deliver the power all the hardware parts need to function properly at full speed Say the computer actually need a w power supply to function properly but the power supply i have only works at w it will actually try to Need help identifying computer problem. Computer keeps crashing when playing games deliver w ultimately causing it to quot overheat quot and force itself to reboot as a means of getting cooled down or simply slowing down to work at normal capacity - instead of keeping on working at more than capacity over a longer period of time which would end up destroying the power supply altogether The crashes rarely occur when I do anything other than playing demanding games basically any game that s got high hardware demands will result in a computer crash - most often the BSOD kind - or forcing the game itself to abruptly Need help identifying computer problem. Computer keeps crashing when playing games shut down Older games or games that simply doesn t need high end hardware will go on forever without causing any problems When it crashes it usually happens after - minutes of playing a few times it might go for around minutes When creating a character in a game something that only needs very little processing power it can go on for ages - even if the game itself would crash soon after playing normally this only supports my theory about the power supply I ve got all the latest drivers and such installed and always have Things I ve tried to fix my problem all without success include - Switching graphics card and installing the proper drivers - Formatting my computer reinstalling windows and everything else - Taking off the side of the cabinet and have a big fan blow air directly into the computer to cool off everything - Switching hard disk The computer BIOS won t recognize either of the two other drives I ve tried connecting - Paying too much money for having the place I bought it from fix it only to have them tell me quot it s a software problem quot They told me they experienced no problems while playing any games on their own hard disk they installed for testing This is the only thing that goes against my theory about the power supply as far as I can tell I ve never tested or switched the mother board RAM or processor The OS I ve used has been the same all the time - an old copy of Windows XP Professional from a burned CD I ll try to install Windows on my computer if nothing else can fix it But of course I d rather not spend time on formatting and installing windows when I m not even sure that it s going to solve my problem Because if it s a hardware problem namely a weak power supply I would lose my entire windows setup for nothing Any and all ideas are welcome Hopefully I can get this problem solved without spending any money Mainboard BIOSTAR GF V-M Chipset nVidia GeForce Processor Intel Core Duo E MHz Physical Memory MB x DDR -SDRAM Video Card NVIDIA GeForce GT Hard Disk WDC GB Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack nbsp

A:Need help identifying computer problem. Computer keeps crashing when playing games

New Computer

Yeah, build a new computer and put the drive in the new computer.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-identifying-computer-problem-computer-keeps-crashing-when-playing-games.134367/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hey I ve got a problem with my computer and i cant figure out what it is exactly so i dont know where to start on fixing this Basicly when im playing a high powered game i e World of Warcraft crashing problem. identifying help playing keeps when computer Need games Computer its crashing quite often turning the window into a black screen and then crashing my computer as if its something to do with my graphics or spec not able to run it I cracked my computer screen a few months ago and lately got it fixed and since then this problem started to apear i ve never had a problem with this before then I thought it may possibly be from getting a Need help identifying computer problem. Computer keeps crashing when playing games new screen i might need to reinstall my graphics drivers which i moved onto doing and it still didnt help my problem I ve got GB of RAM Processor Intel R Core TM Duo Need help identifying computer problem. Computer keeps crashing when playing games CPU T GHz My graphics cards are ATI Mobility Radeon HD So its more then enough for world of warcraft or most other high spec games It would be greatly Appriciated for your help nbsp

A:Need help identifying computer problem. Computer keeps crashing when playing games

Usual cause of this problem is overheating and/or weak power supply.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-identifying-computer-problem-computer-keeps-crashing-when-playing-games.136377/
Relevancy 59.34%

I believe this is in the correct sub-forum My current laptop is a hp pavilion dv us not the best laptop to game with but it does what it needs to at a point thats good enough for me at the moment Recently my laptop fell off of my desk about feet off the ground and yes I know this is what caused the problem After this happened whenever I attempted to start up my laptop with my dual screen setup it would start up fine but after a Then shutting Screen while off games Laptop Flickering playing few minutes just beginning to Screen Flickering Then Laptop shutting off while playing games open up some browsers the main laptop screen flickered rapidly and then shut off this problem continued a few tries afterwards but when I unplugged the dual screen I was able to open up my browsers like normal Opening up a simple game such as minecraft though would start the problem A few days later I fixed the problem by taking the entire laptop apart and checking to make sure everything was plugged in everything looked fine When I tested the laptop it was back to normal That was a few days ago the problem has come up again just not as bad I am able to Screen Flickering Then Laptop shutting off while playing games run my computer normally with my dual screen setup but when I try to run something like lets say Team Fortress or a simple game of minecraft while in a skype call the problem arises again When flickering the screen goes from white to black to normal and repeats slowly gaining speed stopping momentarily then gains speed Screen Flickering Then Laptop shutting off while playing games Depending on the game I am playing the moment the screen begins to flicker it begins flickering rapidly and the entire computer shuts off I believe the problem might lay in my CPU but I m not quite sure I m just looking for any possible solution Basic Specs in case they are needed Windows -bit HP Pavilion dv Notebook PC us it IS a decent laptop for gaming AMD Phenom tm II P Triple-Core Processor GHz GB RAM nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/screen-flickering-then-laptop-shutting-off-while-playing-games.1081347/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hello, on my laptop I've been having horrible lag spikes while playing any sort of game. This problem was not present about 10 months ago and i used to be able to play games very smoothly without any problems.

My Laptop is a Gateway NV52, 4 GB ram, and 320 gb hdd.

I think there has to be something in my backround processes that is eating up so much memory.

I also have a picture of one of these cpu usage spikes, i believe it is pretty bad lol.

Any help to solving this problem would be greatly appreciated, it is such a hassle to play games and just having my fps go down the drain and my laptop running so slow

A:Constant 100% CPU usage, lag spikes on laptop while playing games

Try downloading and running this tool:
http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/files/file/187-tfc-temp-file-cleaner-by-oldtimer/

What anti virus and anti malware programs are you running?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/constant-100-cpu-usage-lag-spikes-on-laptop-while-playing-games.173820/
Relevancy 59.34%

I've got a new laptop (Dell Inspiron 17r special edition) for 1 week now, and last night I've been playing Devil May Cry and I started noticing lag. Normally, I would play Devil May Cry and Resident Evil 6 on highest settings with google chrome and utorrent running in the background and it would not lag.

Does anyone have an idea what might have caused this?

A:My new laptop suddenly starts lagging when playing games.

It could be one or more of the following..

1) your system is overheating

2) Windows may be running maintenance in the background such as updates or defrag. This is most prevalent the first few days or so of starting windows and has many updates to catch up on.

3) spyware, malware, virus, etc... Get rid of the 30 day free trial AV and purchase a full version or use Free AV such as AVAST FREE.
I use AVAST FREE and malwarebytes antimalware and I have absolutely NO problems with such things.

There may be other programs that run scheduled tasks such as scans or updates, When I gamed I used to use GAMEBOOSTER, its a free program that temporarily shuts down all programs and services that are not necessary to run windows and stops automatic updates as well.
It is configurable to allow some preferred services that you dont want to stop, the best part is you can restart all those services and programs again with one click and without rebooting the computer.

Let us know what you find

http://www.eightforums.com/gaming/29548-my-new-laptop-suddenly-starts-lagging-when-playing-games.html
Relevancy 59.34%

hi guys . im new here, im pretty lost ive done almost everything my laptop freezes in random times majority when playing games.alt+ctrl +del doesnt work mouse and keyboard you need to press the power button again to reboot.

BTW: i wanted to do a clean reinstall but i cant do it since my rig is OEM and it was upgraded from vista to win7 .

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_gdr.110622-1506)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: Acer
System Model: Aspire 1410
BIOS: InsydeH2O Version v0.3108
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Solo CPU U3500 @ 1.40GHz, ~1.4GHz
Memory: 4096MB RAM
Available OS Memory: 2974MB RAM
Page File: 1462MB used, 4485MB available
Windows Dir: C:\Windows

its a pretty old laptop.

IVE DONE:
im pretty sure its not an overheating issue.
Malwarebytes scan .
update the all the drivers.
update the windows updates.
also this happened after i deleted an annoying virus in chrome.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/389809-random-freeze-laptop-when-playing-games-surfing.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi My laptop crashes everytime i put it in Gaming Mode - a button i press on the keyboard that will automatically overclock my cpu gpu this was made by the manufactures when Gaming playing laptop video games. BSOD and i have never fiddled with it - and then proceed to play a game The time it takes to BSOD seems to be entirely random anywhere Gaming laptop BSOD when playing video games. from minutes to an hour and a half It also doesn't seem to scale with how intensive the game is a relatively light game like Trine was the first to cause me this problem and usually BSOD'd me very quickly while Arkham Origins will usually BSOD from half an hour onwards I finally got reliable high speed internet two days ago and updated my AMD drivers from the horribly outdated i think i stupidly got the drivers from my backup hard-drive instead of just downloading them to the current version This helped immensely and i thought the problem was solved until just now when my computer BSOD after having played Tera for hours Possible Issues Age Gaming Mode I have had the laptop for years now even though it has never been a problem before perhaps it can no longer handle being overclocked However as most modern games require the power i get from Gaming Mode to be playable this is my final alternative Hardware I clean out the heat sink and replace the thermal paste every few month or my laptop would run too hot Issues first appeared after a complete reinstall and clean Maybe i ruined something this time Any help you can give me with this issue is much appreciated thanks

A:Gaming laptop BSOD when playing video games.

Your Windows installation is counterfeit. You have an ASUS PID on an MSI motherboard.

Code:
Host Name: MDA-PC
OS Name: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
OS Version: 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
OS Manufacturer: Microsoft Corporation
OS Configuration: Standalone Workstation
OS Build Type: Multiprocessor Free
Registered Owner: MDA
Registered Organization:
Product ID: 00426-OEM-8992662-00173 ---> ASUS PID

Original Install Date: 20/02/2014, 23:01:49
System Boot Time: 07/10/2014, 01:58:35
System Manufacturer: MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO., LTD
System Model: MS-1656
System Type: x64-based PC
Processor(s): 1 Processor(s) Installed.
[01]: Intel64 Family 6 Model 37 Stepping 5 GenuineIntel ~2400 Mhz
BIOS Version: American Megatrends Inc. E1656IMS.10C,
Counterfeit installations such as yours can contain heavily modified code that can cause the installation to behave it unexpected ways. Analysing BSODs and determining their causes on these sorts of installations is completely unreliable, and for this reason most analysts won't attempt it.

My recommendation is to install a genuine copy of Windows 7. This will minimise the problems you are experiencing and make subsequent diagnosis of BSODs far more reliable. Once you are running a genuine Windows 7 installation and are still experiencing BSODs, upload your new logs we will be happy to help you solve them.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/347992-gaming-laptop-bsod-when-playing-video-games.html
Relevancy 59.34%

hello friends,need some help here.From past few weeks my laptop's fan is running at high speed even when i'm not doing any heavy work.Earlier warm air used to come out only when playing games.But now even while watching videos my laptop's fan start running at high speed making heavy noise & giving out warm air.Sometimes it does so even when i'm doing nothing.
Please help.

A:Fan of laptop running at full speed even when not playing games

You can check if variable fan speed is working, monitor temps using Speedfan.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/306463-fan-laptop-running-full-speed-even-when-not-playing-games.html
Relevancy 59.34%

I have this laptop: Amazon.com : ASUS A55A-AH51-WT 15.6-Inch LED Laptop (White) : Laptop Computers : Computers & Accessories, with additional 4gb Kingston ram aftermarket.

I am getting BSOD crashes whenever I play video games, like league of legends. They happen randomly and with seemingly no direct cause.

Windows has given me solutions to update my graphics card drivers, but whenever I "update" it gives me the same one I have and continuously says to update the driver.

I have tried solutions online, and including updating to the generic Intel Iris graphics drivers, but it still crashes. Attached are the dumps.

A:Asus Laptop BSOD When Playing Video Games

Reports aren't complete. You're missing the Systeminfo.txt file.
Please provide this information so we can provide a complete analysis (from the Pinned Topic at the top of the forum): Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions Please use Option 1 as it provides Event Viewer logs.

Let it run for at least 15 minutes - or until the app itself says that it's done. Then zip it up and upload it with your next post.
While waiting, ensure that you have ALL Windows Updates. It may take several trips to get them all.

I noticed that you don't have Secure Boot enabled. If you were having problems with it and changed it, please let us know.

It's not necessary to enable it now. But, should you reinstall Windows at some point in the future, please enable it first.

I mention this because it may happen that (one day) the system won't boot. This can be caused by a program changing your UEFI settings, or an update of the UEFI resetting it to default values.

To test and see if this is the cause, boot into the UEFI and see if the settings have been changed. If uncertain, try with Secure Boot both on and off (and the UEFI on UEFI or Legacy (CSM))

If it still doesn't boot after trying this, then move on to other troubleshooting tools as it's not likely to be due to this.

You have HWMonitor installed - what are the GPU temps running when under stress (such as running a video game)?

You have Furmark installed - what were the results of testing with that?

Your graphics drivers date from before Win8.1 came out. Where are you getting the updates from? If possible, please provide a link. I recall problems with the Intel graphics drivers when 8.1 first came out - so I have to wonder if this is the problem here.

Your BIOS dates from 2012. Please check at the manufacturer's website to see if there are any BIOS updates available for your system. Also check the readme file to see if they apply to the problems that you are having. Please be advised that flashing the BIOS is a very unforgiving process - and one mistake can physically damage your motherboard. Use the tool to do it from within Windows (if possible) that'll reduce the risks associated with flashing the BIOS.

Please update these older drivers. Links are included to assist in looking up the source of the drivers. Please do not uninstall the programs for these drivers as they are needed for the system to function properly. DO NOT manually delete/rename the driver as it may make the system unbootable! :

ASMMAP64.sys Thu Jul 2 05:13:26 2009 (4A4C7A36)
LENOVO ATK Hotkey ATK0101 ACPI UTILITY (also found in Asus systems)
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=ASMMAP64.sys

atkwmiacpi64.sys Tue Sep 6 21:44:52 2011 (4E66CC94)
ATK WMIACPI Utility
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=atkwmiacpi64.sys

Analysis:
The following is for informational purposes only.

Code:
**************************Thu Apr 17 16:20:08.896 2014 (UTC - 4:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\John\SysnativeBSODApps\041714-35171-01.dmp]
Windows 8 Kernel Version 9600 MP (4 procs) Free x64
Built by: 9600.17041.amd64fre.winblue_gdr.140305-1710
System Uptime:0 days 0:07:21.659
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for igdkmd64.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for igdkmd64.sys
Probably caused by :igdkmd64.sys ( igdkmd64+62c47 )
BugCheck D1, {28, 2, 0, fffff80144f1ac47}
BugCheck Info: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (d1)
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000028, memory referenced
Arg2: 0000000000000002, IRQL
Arg3: 0000000000000000, value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation
Arg4: fffff80144f1ac47, address which referenced memory
BUGCHECK_STR: AV
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN8_DRIVER_FAULT
PROCESS_NAME: dwm.exe
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: AV_igdkmd64+62c47
CPUID: "Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3210M CPU @ 2.50GHz"
MaxSpeed: 2500
CurrentSpeed: 2494
BIOS Version ... Read more

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/44716-asus-laptop-bsod-when-playing-video-games.html
Relevancy 58.48%

I don't know what happened,when I watch some youtube videos or play some flash game, and my whole laptop freeze, it just freeze ,it is NOT over-heat,the screen just freeze,and I can't move my mouse,what cause this problem and how to fix this?

A:laptop freezes while playing youtube videos/flash games?

Hi,

We would need to see some information about your setup in order for us to be able to attempt diagnosis.
Please download Speccy System Information Tool and save it to somewhere convenient such as your desktop.
Close any programs that may be running including your browser and double click Speccy.exe to run the tool.
Watch out for any offers to install other programs such as google chrome and untick the box(es) if you don't want them.
Speccy will very quickly scan your pc and create a report.
Top left of screen click file and select Publish Snapshot...
Click Yes to proceed.
Copy the URL to your clipboard and paste it into your next reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/laptop-freezes-while-playing-youtube-videos-flash-games-674044.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello Windows wizards I've used this laptop for gaming years without issue but recently it will BSOD whenever I'm several minutes into more strenuous games ex Hearthstone and Youtube work Skyrim and Age of Wonders don't Previously I was able to play these same games for extended periods of Error Modern Laptop BSOD Games, While x116 Playing time without issue So far I've attempted to troubleshoot my issue with several recommendations posted in other threads memtest for my RAM passes w o issue HDD scan for my harddrive no problems and FurMark for my GPU no artifacts but it Laptop BSOD While Playing Modern Games, Error x116 heats up rapidly My leading guess is overheating but I still get BSOD after cleaning out my comp and reapplying thermal paste The resting GPU temp is now C I don't know how to log the temperature right before a BSOD The only other possibly relevant information I can think of is that I recently went months without internet access while deployed I may have missed some vital driver update or something may have been damaged while bouncing around during travel There's no rush to this request I'll only have an hour Laptop BSOD While Playing Modern Games, Error x116 so to check for updates each day and this will finally motivate me to finish my taxes Thanks for any advice you can provide and let me know if I left off any required information

A:Laptop BSOD While Playing Modern Games, Error x116

Hello The12thMan, welcome to the Forums. I will try to help you with this if I can. Am I correct in this Laptop has Optimus technology? What you seem to be getting is video TDR errors, which is very difficult to resolve. A TDR error (Time Delay and Recovery) basically means your drivers crashed and did not recover in the allotted time. This is what I found in your dumps

Code:
VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (116)
Attempt to reset the display driver and recover from timeout failed.
Arguments:
Arg1: fffffa8015b474e0, Optional pointer to internal TDR recovery context (TDR_RECOVERY_CONTEXT).
Arg2: fffff88006287f38, The pointer into responsible device driver module (e.g. owner tag).
Arg3: ffffffffc000009a, Optional error code (NTSTATUS) of the last failed operation.
Arg4: , Optional internal context dependent data.

Code:
nvlddmkm
start end module name
fffff880`05ae4000 fffff880`064f6000 nvlddmkm T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: nvlddmkm.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys
Image name: nvlddmkm.sys
Timestamp: Thu Feb 05 12:01:37 2015 (54D3B001)
CheckSum: 009D4DDE
ImageSize: 00A12000
Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
What I would like you to do is download the latest WHQL driver from the Motherboard's web site or the company who built the Laptop's web site. That is important as most OEM manufacturers alter the drivers to work the way their motherboard works and they are all different. Next, try to install it this way.

I am going to give you some links that will help you get a good clean install and not have any drivers you don't need that will conflict with other drivers. Download a WHQL driver from the manufacturer's web site. Once you have them downloaded, uninstall you current driver from control panel. next clean up any left over drivers from following this tutorial Drivers - Clean Left over Files after Uninstalling and select only ATI Display Drivers. After you have done that and rebooted, install the new driver, only select custom install and install only what you have to. Very few people need most of what they include. You do not need the audio/HDMI drivers as you already have that in your Motherboard drivers. Unless there is some reason you need them, the only thing you really need is the Display Driver.

See if that makes any improvement for you. You can also install a program such a MSI Afterburner (http://gaming.msi.com/features/afterburner) to monitor your temps. It is basically an overclocking utility. I strongly advise you not to use it for that. But, it has some excellent monitoring features and you can even have your GPU temp on screen while playing a game, as well as a lot of other statistics.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/365502-laptop-bsod-while-playing-modern-games-error-x116.html
Relevancy 58.48%

I have an Inspirion 1525, Windows Vista Home 32 bit .   I play games through Face Book on it,( using IE or Google Chrome,) as well as other sites.  I can play on Slingo.com all day with no overheating or crashing .  I can play on FB most games, and still no problem - however,  when I try to play Bingo Bash, or Bejeweled Blitz, even when I have just started the computer , my laptop will rapidly overheat and crash !   I began using an auxillary fan to keep it cool, but this does not always help.  Otherwise, this does not happen , although I am aware that laptops are notorious for overheating.   I am perplexed !  Any idea of what is going on ?    Thanks for all your help - you folks are great !  Laura

A:Laptop overheats and crashes when playing certain Face Book games.

Have you tried blowing out the vents with canned air?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/509871/laptop-overheats-and-crashes-when-playing-certain-face-book-games/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello,

I've been experiencing a significant decrease in frames when playing games such as Battlefield 3 and Skyrim on my laptop. This problem only occured after cleaning my laptop from Sirefef trojans (Thread for solved Sirefef issue: http://www.techspot.com/community/t...and-sirefef-y-laptop-keeps-restarting.182428/).

My laptop has the following specs:
Windows 7 64-Bit OS (Professional)
Intel Core i7 (Dual Core)
12GB RAM
NVIDIA GeoForce GT540M (1GB)
I've always been able to play my games under 50 - 60 FPS, especially when my charger is plugged until now. I don't understand why this is no longer possible after the sirefef-trojan-cleaning-process.

What can I do to solve this issue?

I should also note that my games, particularly Battlefield 3, only runs at a dreadful 20 frames or less at the moment. This applies when my laptop is both charging or not charging​

A:Laptop reducing FPS when playing games after cleaning Sirefef trojans

Try formatting and re-installing Windows fresh. Most laptops have built-in factory restore options on boot up. Virus infections can leave nasty things behind or file damage even after they are "removed"

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-reducing-fps-when-playing-games-after-cleaning-sirefef-trojans.182718/
Relevancy 58.05%

My I-go AC adapter charger which has an input of 100-240V -1.5A 50-60 ghz, output 19.5V 90 w max
my charger works fine while on the internet but doesnt seem to charge while im playing a game. I have tried playing on fullscreen and windowed mode but the laptop simply doesnt charge while playing games.

How do i get my laptop to charge when playing and stop it from going back and forth from charging mode to battery mode?
OS name: microsoft windows 7 premium
OS version: 6.1.7600
directx:10
Cpu:Intel (R) core (TM) 2 duo cpu p8700 @ 2.53GHz
manufacturer: genuine intel
voltage: 1.2v
motherboard model: g72gx
motherboard manufacturer:Asus tek computer inc
video card: nividia geforce gtx 260M
wireless network connection: atheros AR928x wireless network adapter

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-charger-works-while-browsing-doesnt-work-while-playing-games.968778/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hello all,

I've been having a few problems with my laptop since I bought it. The problem mainly occurs when I'm playing a game (usually xcom: enemy unknown or deus ex HR at the moment) but has occurred when I'm browsing the internet (albeit far less often). The BSODs appear to be random but I'm using a blue tooth mouse and have noticed the BSOD will usually happened if I'm using it. I've also noticed that my laptop screen with black out for a split second on games that are quite graphics intensive for my system.

Its been frustrating me a lot so I reinstalled and fully updated windows 7. The GPU drivers are all up to date also.

I've attached the SF file that is required and would greatly appreciate any help.

Thanks for your time

A:BSOD whilst playing various games. Also happens when not playing games

Welcome to the Forum.

Just to make a note, you are having lot of different codes:

Code:
BugCheck 4E, {9a, 1c2cb0, 3, 0}
BugCheck A, {0, 2, 1, fffff800030c5e4e}
BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff800033f55b0, fffff8800e164e00, 0}
BugCheck A, {5a31618, 2, 1, fffff800030e80d8}
BugCheck 1E, {0, 0, 0, 0}
BugCheck D1, {5b, 2, 0, fffff88000e11993}
BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff800033db5b0, fffff8800b079f40, 0}
BugCheck D1, {5b, 2, 0, fffff88000e78993}
BugCheck 1000007E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff8800144b039, fffff880037473d8, fffff88003746c30}
BugCheck 19, {3, fffffa8011ca7f40, fffffa8011ca7fb0, fffffa8011ca7f40}
Free up the start up:
Startup Programs - Change
Your antivirus is the only thing that's really needed there.

Run a system file check and disk check on your Hard drives:
SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker
Disk Check

Trend Micro can be a cause of BSOD's. Uninstall for testing purpose.
Sony Firmware Extension Parser driver - 2007 version has BSOD issues in Win7
Western Digital SCSI Arcitecture Model (SAM) WDM driver [br] 2008 driver version has known BSOD issues in Windows

Uninstall the above software using the free version of Revo Uninstaller. While uninstalling a software, opt for advance uninstall. This allows you to remove and delete registry left over of a stubborn program. Download Revo Uninstaller Freeware - Free and Full Download - Uninstall software, remove programs, solve uninstall problems

Use Microsoft Security Essentials & the Free version of Malwarebytes, update and make a full scan separately:
Microsoft Security Essentials - Microsoft Windows
Malwarebytes Free
Do not start the free trial, un-tick that option.

Make scans with:
Kaspersky TDSSKiller - TDSSKiller Rootkit Removal Utility Free Download | Kaspersky Lab US
ESET online scanner - Online Virus Scanner Eset

Test RAM with memtest86+:
RAM - Test with Memtest86+
Pay close attention to part 3 of the tutorial "If you have errors"

Bugcheck

Code:
Built by: 7601.18113.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.130318-1533
Debug session time: Sat Jul 13 05:52:07.477 2013 (UTC + 6:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 1:01:59.710
BugCheck 4E, {9a, 1c2cb0, 3, 0}
Probably caused by : dxgmms1.sys ( dxgmms1!VIDMM_SEGMENT::SafeUnlockPages+31 )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x4E_9a
PROCESS_NAME: dxhr.exe
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Debug session time: Sat Jul 13 04:49:27.394 2013 (UTC + 6:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:45:15.627
BugCheck A, {0, 2, 1, fffff800030c5e4e}
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KiSignalSynchronizationObject+4e )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0xA
PROCESS_NAME: ZeroConfigServ
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Debug session time: Sat Jul 13 03:59:20.770 2013 (UTC + 6:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 2:01:07.613
BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff800033f55b0, fffff8800e164e00, 0}
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!ObDereferenceSecurityDescriptor+20 )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x3B
PROCESS_NAME: ZeroConfigServ
Debug session time: Sat Jul 13 01:49:52.769 2013 (UTC + 6:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:33:15.002
BugCheck A, {5a31618, 2, 1, fffff800030e80d8}
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KiTryUnwaitThread+28 )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0xA
PROCESS_NAME: svchost.exe
Debug session time: Fri Jul 12 17:07:27.471 2013 (UTC + 6:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:04:09.705
BugCheck 1E, {0, 0, 0, 0}
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for NETwNs64.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for NETwNs64.sys
Probably caused by : nwifi.sys ( nwifi!Etw... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/297156-bsod-whilst-playing-various-games-also-happens-when-not-playing-games.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello I have HP Elitebook w Got it like years ago Operating System Windows Pro -bit Ram GB Grachpic card Nvidia Quadro FX M Approx Total Memory - MB Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU M GHz CPUs GHz I gonna attach Dxdiag file too for more info The problem is when i play games like Dota or Thief my laptop lags and frezzes when on battery and plugged It does not lag and freeze when on battery with no AC I have checked some other good config playing with when some games laptop lags "better" threads and messed around with power setings but with no luck Maybe you guys could help me with this problem If not then probably there is a problem with my AC But There is another problem Even when playing on battery When playing games like assassins creed black flag or far cry and my laptop lags even without AC plugged in I checked on site quot can i run it quot and they said that i can play the game but i need to update my drivers Video and CPU I downloaded latest nvidia and intel drivers but i still have the same problem My friend with i and gb ram runs the game without problem And i cant I had same problem on this laptop when i was using windows ultimate On frist question i guess i need new AC charger But i wanted to post it so you have more info about second problem Maybe they are somehow connected i dont know So please help me Thank you nbsp

A:laptop with good config lags when playing some "better" games

Welcome to TSG!

It could be how the machine is built. I can't say for sure on this brand/model, but months ago I was researching another issue, and came across some things.
Seems some laptops had been built in such a way that on battery they used "full power" as it were, like full voltage to CPU and video ect. however when plugged in something in the charging system hardware or software, can't remember exactly, they would drop voltage. Almost like it would divide up the AC power, send some to charge and not quite enough to the system.
It was weird and confused many people as to why it would do this.

Someone much better at diagnostic software could have you check your voltages while on battery and on AC. See if there is a reported drop.

Hmm, seems your video card is not really built for games. It's more geared to work related. C.A.D. ect.
Tests pretty low for some games. http://www.notebookcheck.net/NVIDIA-Quadro-FX-880M.24735.0.html
As for the Can You Run It results. it only looks at the specs of the card and compares them to the game requirements. It doesn't mean that that specific card can do it, but only that based on what it has, it should.

So it may, sadly, just be your video card.
Your friends system may have a "killer" video card, able to take up much of the slack that a slower CPU and less RAM present.

My thoughts anyway.... Don't give up, there may yet be work arounds.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-with-good-config-lags-when-playing-some-better-games.1138276/
Relevancy 52.89%

So I recently opened my CPU because it was lagging and I thought maybe a little clean up might do the trick. So I softly brushed the drivers inside the CPU to get some dust off. However, when I turned on my PC, it seems that whenever I watch videos or play games, a loud crackling sound comes out from my speakers. I don't know what is causing this.

I have tried disabling my drivers (sound and display) but to no avail. However, if I mute the volume on my sound driver, the sound disappears. Which lead me to the conclusion that it might be a conflict of sound and display.

Since the problem only occured when I opened my CPU and cleaned it, it might also be a wiring problem or something.

Can someone help me on this?

A:Crackling sound in speakers when video playing/playing games/anything with graphics

Have you tried a different set of speakers? Make sure the speakers are all the way plugged into the jack.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/crackling-sound-in-speakers-when-video-playing-playing-games-anything-with-graphics-665996.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello sevenforums Community since about month im getting Bluescreens which never happened before in years It usually get the when i watch streams on twitch while games : or 0x00007A (LoL) videos STOP BSOD playing playing Error which didnt happen since BSOD while playing videos or playing games (LoL) Error STOP : 0x00007A week on my account though or currently while playing League of Legends But they dont come every game so i can for example play games in a row and nothing happens or i get one them in one game Also they can come at any game time It is kind of random to me how they appear The last two days I got about so i really need help from u guys In the last two weeks i always got this message STOP x A xFFFF FC xFFFFFFFFC E x A xFFFFF A B BE without a sound and the pc didnt instantly reboot But the last days the Blackscreen stayed like second so i couldnt see the error message on it so i dont know if the error changed but there was this buzzing sound I really appreciate help and sorry for my english skills

A:BSOD while playing videos or playing games (LoL) Error STOP : 0x00007A

Code:
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (d1)
An attempt was made to access a pageable (or completely invalid) address at an
interrupt request level (IRQL) that is too high. This is usually
caused by drivers using improper addresses.
If kernel debugger is available get stack backtrace.
BugCheck D1, {44, 2, 0, fffff8800406a8c1}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for athrx.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for athrx.sys
Probably caused by : athrx.sys ( athrx+5c8c1 )
Do you have the Atheros Network Adapter installed on your PC? If so, please update it and let us know.
The other dmp file wasn't too helpful - not sure if it was my windbg or if it was just corrupted.

Also can you run chkdsk?
Check Disk (chkdsk) - Read Event Viewer Log

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/362096-bsod-while-playing-videos-playing-games-lol-error-stop-0x00007a.html
Relevancy 52.89%

The title speaks for itself, i have dump files listed below, and i would really like to fix this problem. Thank you in advance.

A:BSOD playing some games/recently playing FIFA World

Welcome.

Code:
Built by: 7601.18409.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.140303-2144
Debug session time: Wed Jun 25 18:40:06.502 2014 (UTC + 6:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:00:09.767
BugCheck 124, {0, fffffa8007fe08f8, 0, 0}
Probably caused by : AuthenticAMD
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x124_AuthenticAMD
Debug session time: Sun Jun 22 03:33:23.804 2014 (UTC + 6:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:00:06.240
BugCheck 124, {0, fffffa8007be55d8, 0, 0}
Debug session time: Wed Jun 18 15:45:19.162 2014 (UTC + 6:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:00:07.333
BugCheck 124, {0, fffffa8007b727c8, 0, 0}

A "stop 0x124" is fundamentally different to many other types of bluescreens because it stems from a hardware complaint. Stop 0x124 minidumps contain very little practical information, and it is therefore necessary to approach the problem as a case of hardware in an unknown state of distress. You can read more on this error and what to try here... Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try: Stop 124 - What it means and what to try

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/335792-bsod-playing-some-games-recently-playing-fifa-world.html