Windows Support Forum

BSOD while playing Age of Empires II HD

Q: BSOD while playing Age of Empires II HD

About or months ago I've been starting to get these annoying BSOD's At first they appeared sparingly once every or weeks so I just ignored the problem then I got them almost on a daily basis Also the BSOD's where occasionally replaced by a screen with a completely scattered image as if I brought a magnet close to it followed with a frozen screen Sometimes when trying to restart the system it would just not turn on or it just took me to the quot Sytem Recovery quot menu because apparently it could not start on its own and I had to restore Age BSOD II HD playing of while Empires my system to previous forms The problem was so persistent that my parents sent off my laptop to be formatted This was about BSOD while playing Age of Empires II HD a month and a half ago After that BSOD's nor random freezes occurred until now Last week BSOD's and random crashes started appearing again but only while playing AoE II on Steam If I watch videos navigate through the web listen to music or play any other games nothing happens Also the new occurrence of BSOD's just happened continously during a single day I was playing system crashes restart system BSOD while playing Age of Empires II HD crashes again and so on around or times consecutively then everything would work alright during the rest of the week etc I tried out a program called BlueScreenView and found out that the crashes have something to do with ntoskrnl exe BSOD while playing Age of Empires II HD Any help will be greatly appreciated

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: BSOD while playing Age of Empires II HD

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: BSOD while playing Age of Empires II HD

Code:
BugCheck 1E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff800023b44d4, 1, cb}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!PspWriteTebIdealProcessor+140 )

Code:
Usual causes: Device driver, hardware, System service, compatibility, Remote control programs, memory, BIOS
This bugcheck seems to have occurred due to a invalid memory address being referenced, or a access violation.

Code:
3: kd> !error ffffffffc0000005
Error code: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000005 (3221225477) - The instruction at 0x%08lx referenced memory at 0x%08lx. The memory could not be %s.
Run Driver Verifier to scan for any corrupted drivers which may be causing problems, this program works by running various stress tests on drivers, in order to produce a BSOD which will locate the driver; run for least 24 hours:Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable

Information
Additional Help - Using Driver Verifier to identify issues with Drivers
RAM - Test with Memtest86+
Run Memtest86+ for least 9-10 passes, and preferably overnight as it can take a while to fully complete.

Test each RAM stick individually, if an error is found then move the same RAM stick into the next DIMM slot and test again, if errors are found for the same RAM stick in every available slot then you have a faulty RAM module. On the other hand, if no errors are found in the next slot or the other slots for the same RAM module, then you have a faulty DIMM slot.

Test each RAM stick and every motherboard DIMM slot available.

Quote: Originally Posted by Arc

testSlot1Slot2RAM1ErrorErrorRAM2GoodGood It is a RAM, a bad RAM.

But if you have got a result like that:
testSlot1Slot2RAM1ErrorGoodRAM2ErrorGood It is a motherboard issue. The particular slot is bad.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/292322-bsod-while-playing-age-empires-ii-hd.html
Relevancy 73.53%

Today I faced a strange problem my new pc has Core i gb RAM Win Ultimate gb Hdd Intel Dh WW mobo Ok the problem goes as I installed Age of Empires III online today It said the game may have compatibility issues with Win I decided to run it anyway Worked fine on max settings after completing the game returned to desktop ad suddenly a blue screen popped up saying quot Windows has detected an error amp has shut down quot The problem described was quot Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode ab BCP BCP BCP BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp Urgent 3 Empires online. of Age Help BSOD playing C Users PUPUN AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml Read our privacy statement online Windows Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows If the online privacy statement is not available please read our privacy statement offline C Windows system en-US erofflps txt quot So why did this happen to my new PC Is this a serious issue The Dump file is attached BSOD playing Age of Empires 3 online. Urgent Help Please help

A:BSOD playing Age of Empires 3 online. Urgent Help

Download this file please.

PLEASE HELP

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/190444-bsod-playing-age-empires-3-online-urgent-help.html
Relevancy 73.53%

So in the past week I've been getting blue screens followed by a restart. From what I remember it happens when I'm playing AOE 2 HD (the Steam version) but it may have happened outside the game when doing other stuff. My computer then runs fine for another few hours or even a day. These are the things I've tried:
-updating AMD Catalyst Control Center and drivers
-running CHKDSK
-I just ran Memtest86 with 2 passes and no errors at all
-using CCleaner, I mean why not give it a go
-multiple scans with Malwarebytes and other antivirus scanners so I'm certain I don't have malware

Maybe it's due to faulty drivers? Here are my files anyway which I got from the SF Diagnostic Tool. Thanks for your time!

A:BSOD playing Age of Empires II HD, files attached

bump help please, I also ran memtest overnight and got no errors.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/348472-bsod-playing-age-empires-ii-hd-files-attached.html
Relevancy 71.81%

Hello I have had a odd problem with my computer until recently everything has been running fine for the last two years until I decided to modify my version of Empires Total War I downloaded the modification Darth Mod and installed it worked fine however it suddenly crashed to desktop I assumed it was just a glitch playing War, Empires:Total STOP: BSOD 0x00000F4 error and contuined to play Then my computer BSOD with the error code x F with a few other errors I didn't write them down but I can grab them if you need to Now the computer will turn BSOD playing Empires:Total War, error STOP: 0x00000F4 on fine connect to the internet and act completely normal BSOD playing Empires:Total War, error STOP: 0x00000F4 In fact I am using BSOD playing Empires:Total War, error STOP: 0x00000F4 it to write this post however after about an hour or if it goes to sleep No matter what program is running even if the computer is idle with no opened applications it will lock up for seconds Music will still play and so will videos but I can only move the icon but mouse clicking does nothing then resume for another minute before jumping to a BSOD When I restart it it loads up black and has a message saying something along the lines of quot Boot device not found please insert boot device quot I restart it again and it pops up with the standard start windows normally or safe mode etc If you can give any insight that would be greatly appreciated Thanks Nick I don't know if this is important but some information I think my drivers might be quite out of date Operating System Microsoft Windows Home Premium Edition Service Pack build -bit Service Pack Size Bit Edition Home Premium Version Locale C BIOS BIOS Date Ver Version American Megatrends Inc V Manufacturer American Megatrends Inc Date

A:BSOD playing Empires:Total War, error STOP: 0x00000F4

Hi njcummins.

Two things you have to do.

First, make it sure that the Crucial M4 CT064M4SSD2 2.5" 64GB SSD is running with the latest firmware version, Firmware Update 070H dated 04/02/2013.
Crucial.com Product Downloads - Firmware Updates
Also, the C drive (the SSD) is horribly out of space.

ITEMVALUEDrive C:Size 59.53 GB (63,915,945,984 bytes)Free Space 577.33 MB (605,376,512 bytes)
You must have to salvage some space (at least 7 GB, 10% of the disc) free to let the drive perform properly. Follow Hard Disk Space - Free Up and Recover . First of all, disable Hibernation.

Let us know the situation when both are done.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/320245-bsod-playing-empires-total-war-error-stop-0x00000f4.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Ok..Im really hoping someone can help me out.
I just recently had to switch back to a dsl modem.
I currently have a dsl 2 wire modem/router.
We have 2 computers that play age of empires conquerors edition or we had.
Is there a way to set these 2 computers up to game online again.
Our ISP provides 1 dynamic ip.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/playing-age-of-empires-with-dsl-modems.630259/
Relevancy 60.2%

I would to be able to play Age of Empires 2 online against friends. When I host games he is not able to find them when he typed my external IP address. Windows Firewall is enabling both age of empires 2 and DirectPlay8 Server access to the internet.

So I figured it would be something to do with the router.
I went to PortForward.com and setup a static IP address and forward the correct ports required for internet play (BT Voyager 2091). Still...Nothing.

My friend also setup ports, although I read it was only necessary for the host machine to configure them.

This is fustrating: we have been trying to get this working for ages and I've decided to ask for your advce.

Relevancy 52.03%

Hi,
I seem to have encountered a problem after installing an old copy of Age of Empires 2. I now see a BSOD when running certain programs. The two different programs it has happened for are:

Firefox - after typing in a URL, the BSOD appears
VLC - When opening a file (only some - others work perfectly)

I have uninstalled Age of Empires 2 and attempted to run a system restore but there were no previous restore points.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
COG

A:BSOD - page_fault_in_nonpaged_area (after installing Age Of Empires 2)

It appears that the zip file you uploaded does not contain anything but your event logs, please rerun the SF diagnostic tool and be sure to press the grab all button then wait (around ten minutes should do it) then zip and upload the file here please.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/286473-bsod-page_fault_in_nonpaged_area-after-installing-age-empires-2-a.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I have attempted to install and play the older AoE games but they will either freeze during the installation or I will get an error saying something wont read. I know it's a compatibility issue because my mother said she downloaded a program or update
for her laptop which is also windows 10 and she can play it. I was just looking for the program or update so I can go back to playing the older AoE games. I would also like to suggest an updated version of the games for the higher level of windows
that's been coming out? Thanks in advance!

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/8980dd68-88f1-4d74-891d-91b99e169e6b/age-of-empires-2-and-age-of-empires-gold-on-windows-10?forum=w7itproappcompat
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello sevenforums Community since about month im getting Bluescreens which never happened before in years It usually get the when i watch streams on twitch while games : or 0x00007A (LoL) videos STOP BSOD playing playing Error which didnt happen since BSOD while playing videos or playing games (LoL) Error STOP : 0x00007A week on my account though or currently while playing League of Legends But they dont come every game so i can for example play games in a row and nothing happens or i get one them in one game Also they can come at any game time It is kind of random to me how they appear The last two days I got about so i really need help from u guys In the last two weeks i always got this message STOP x A xFFFF FC xFFFFFFFFC E x A xFFFFF A B BE without a sound and the pc didnt instantly reboot But the last days the Blackscreen stayed like second so i couldnt see the error message on it so i dont know if the error changed but there was this buzzing sound I really appreciate help and sorry for my english skills

A:BSOD while playing videos or playing games (LoL) Error STOP : 0x00007A

Code:
DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (d1)
An attempt was made to access a pageable (or completely invalid) address at an
interrupt request level (IRQL) that is too high. This is usually
caused by drivers using improper addresses.
If kernel debugger is available get stack backtrace.
BugCheck D1, {44, 2, 0, fffff8800406a8c1}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for athrx.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for athrx.sys
Probably caused by : athrx.sys ( athrx+5c8c1 )
Do you have the Atheros Network Adapter installed on your PC? If so, please update it and let us know.
The other dmp file wasn't too helpful - not sure if it was my windbg or if it was just corrupted.

Also can you run chkdsk?
Check Disk (chkdsk) - Read Event Viewer Log

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/362096-bsod-while-playing-videos-playing-games-lol-error-stop-0x00007a.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I get BSOD whenever I am on my computer for 6 hours or over, watching a video and playing a game, or while playing gmod in general. My comp specs are on my profile as best as I could get. My computer runs 68C 26% fanspeed when not playing any games and gets as hot as 86C when playing games.
and my graphics card is up to date.

some of the BSODs were like memory management or time management or something.

Here is my SCF/scannow
Attachment 263947
and my SF Diagnostic minidump
Attachment 263945

A:BSOD playing too long, watching a video and playing a game or gmod

Hello and welcome foodwrap Mate you mentioned memory management was brought up.

Now two things you can do here is
a) reseat the sticks

b) run a memtest if the reseating doesn't have any effect

You will need to make a bootable disk for the memtest and set the BIOS to boot from the optical drive then insert the memtest disk and Save and > Enter.

Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

The machine will boot into the memtest program - no OS is loaded and it will start "testing" the RAM
Now you need to let it run for at least 8 passes unless you start to get red errors straight away.
The test takes quite while and sometimes people run it overnight.

But do the reseat first and have a look to see if any crud is down in the slots. You can take this chance to have a quick once over of the machine for dust etc

See pics for what it will look like when you run the memtest if you have to.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/286208-bsod-playing-too-long-watching-video-playing-game-gmod.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello

A few weeks ago I mounted a new hard drive that had data recovered from a damaged one. And since then I've been getting blue screens almost everyday. Prior to that the machine was working fine.

I did not notice a specific time for it to happen, but generally when I am playing "Heroes of Newerth" and have other applications opened BSOD strikes.

I use Kaspersky Anti-Virus and Internet Security.

Please advise, and thank you.

Attachment 247827

A:BSOD on a daily basis, mostly when playing playing Heroes of Newerth.

update
Realtek High Definition Audio Function Driver

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/...Level=3&Conn=2

Code:
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for RTKVHD64.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for RTKVHD64.sys
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 1000007E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff880065a534b, fffff880093a1868, fffff880093a10c0}

Probably caused by : RTKVHD64.sys ( RTKVHD64+e834b )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

2: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M (1000007e)
This is a very common bugcheck. Usually the exception address pinpoints
the driver/function that caused the problem. Always note this address
as well as the link date of the driver/image that contains this address.
Some common problems are exception code 0x80000003. This means a hard
coded breakpoint or assertion was hit, but this system was booted
/NODEBUG. This is not supposed to happen as developers should never have
hardcoded breakpoints in retail code, but ...
If this happens, make sure a debugger gets connected, and the
system is booted /DEBUG. This will let us see why this breakpoint is
happening.
Arguments:
Arg1: ffffffffc0000005, The exception code that was not handled
Arg2: fffff880065a534b, The address that the exception occurred at
Arg3: fffff880093a1868, Exception Record Address
Arg4: fffff880093a10c0, Context Record Address

Debugging Details:
------------------
EXCEPTION_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000005 - The instruction at 0x%08lx referenced memory at 0x%08lx. The memory could not be %s.

FAULTING_IP:
RTKVHD64+e834b
fffff880`065a534b ff93c8010000 call qword ptr [rbx+1C8h]

EXCEPTION_RECORD: fffff880093a1868 -- (.exr 0xfffff880093a1868)
ExceptionAddress: fffff880065a534b (RTKVHD64+0x00000000000e834b)
ExceptionCode: c0000005 (Access violation)
ExceptionFlags: 00000000
NumberParameters: 2
Parameter[0]: 0000000000000000
Parameter[1]: ffffffffffffffff
Attempt to read from address ffffffffffffffff

CONTEXT: fffff880093a10c0 -- (.cxr 0xfffff880093a10c0)
rax=fffffa800dc98000 rbx=fffffa80102b4010 rcx=fffffa80102b4010
rdx=000000000000002f rsi=0000000000002a00 rdi=0000000000000001
rip=fffff880065a534b rsp=fffff880093a1aa0 rbp=0000000000000000
r8=0000000000000005 r9=fffffa800ed24f50 r10=fffff80003002000
r11=fffff880093a1a90 r12=000000000000072c r13=0000000000001500
r14=0000000000002300 r15=fffffa80102b4010
iopl=0 nv up ei ng nz na pe nc
cs=0010 ss=0018 ds=002b es=002b fs=0053 gs=002b efl=00010282
RTKVHD64+0xe834b:
fffff880`065a534b ff93c8010000 call qword ptr [rbx+1C8h] ds:002b:fffffa80`102b41d8=74555a0680f8fffb
Resetting default scope

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN7_DRIVER_FAULT

PROCESS_NAME: System

CURRENT_IRQL: 0

ERROR_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000005 - The instruction at 0x%08lx referenced memory at 0x%08lx. The memory could not be %s.

EXCEPTION_PARAMETER1: 0000000000000000

EXCEPTION_PARAMETER2: ffffffffffffffff

READ_ADDRESS: GetPointerFromAddress: unable to read from fffff800032b0100
GetUlongFromAddress: unable to read from fffff800032b01c0
ffffffffffffffff

FOLLOWUP_IP:
RTKVHD64+e834b
ffff... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/271412-bsod-daily-basis-mostly-when-playing-playing-heroes-newerth.html
Relevancy 46.44%

The title speaks for itself, i have dump files listed below, and i would really like to fix this problem. Thank you in advance.

A:BSOD playing some games/recently playing FIFA World

Welcome.

Code:
Built by: 7601.18409.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.140303-2144
Debug session time: Wed Jun 25 18:40:06.502 2014 (UTC + 6:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:00:09.767
BugCheck 124, {0, fffffa8007fe08f8, 0, 0}
Probably caused by : AuthenticAMD
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x124_AuthenticAMD
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Debug session time: Sun Jun 22 03:33:23.804 2014 (UTC + 6:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:00:06.240
BugCheck 124, {0, fffffa8007be55d8, 0, 0}
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Debug session time: Wed Jun 18 15:45:19.162 2014 (UTC + 6:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:00:07.333
BugCheck 124, {0, fffffa8007b727c8, 0, 0}

A "stop 0x124" is fundamentally different to many other types of bluescreens because it stems from a hardware complaint. Stop 0x124 minidumps contain very little practical information, and it is therefore necessary to approach the problem as a case of hardware in an unknown state of distress. You can read more on this error and what to try here... Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try: Stop 124 - What it means and what to try

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/335792-bsod-playing-some-games-recently-playing-fifa-world.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi, I just bought a new laptop and have been using it a few days when today while playing World of Warcraft and listening to DI.FM on my browser it crashed. I was able to reproduce this a few times with the same conditions. I am hoping you can help me figure out what is causing this issue. Thanks.

Attachment 40204

A:BSOD playing WoW/Playing music, error SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEP

Is there any particular reason that you are not using UEFI or Secure Boot?
In general this model comes with UEFI and Secure Boot enabled.

Have you set the time and time zone on your system? (the flag on your profile says Minnesota, but the time is set to Pacific Daylight time).

The system also comes with a 1 tB HDD, but now has an SSD installed - did you have someone install the SSD and move the operating system for you? (We do this at work quite often - normally we do it by cloning the hard drive to the SSD).

I'd suggest running a memory diagnostic, as one of the memory dumps has an error that is suggestive of memory problems (hardware): Memory Diagnostics You may also want to run the free hardware diagnostics from here: Hardware Diagnostics

Beyond that, I'd suggest visiting the Asus website and updating ALL of the drivers there.
To start with, go by the dates on the drivers in the memory dump that I've listed below.

If all of this doesn't stop the BSOD's, please run Driver Verifier according to these instructions: Driver Verifier Settings

Analysis:
The following is for informational purposes only.

Code:
**************************Tue Mar 25 03:16:41.939 2014 (UTC - 4:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\John\SysnativeBSODApps\032514-7093-01.dmp]
Windows 8 Kernel Version 9600 MP (8 procs) Free x64
Built by: 9600.16452.amd64fre.winblue_gdr.131030-1505
System Uptime:0 days 0:04:27.617
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32k.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for win32k.sys
Probably caused by :memory_corruption
BugCheck 3B, {c000001d, fffff800eda2ed43, ffffd00037e285f0, 0}
BugCheck Info: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3b)
Arguments:
Arg1: 00000000c000001d, Exception code that caused the bugcheck
Arg2: fffff800eda2ed43, Address of the instruction which caused the bugcheck
Arg3: ffffd00037e285f0, Address of the context record for the exception that caused the bugcheck
Arg4: 0000000000000000, zero.
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x3B
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: CODE_CORRUPTION
PROCESS_NAME: csrss.exe
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: MEMORY_CORRUPTION_ONE_BIT
CPUID: "Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4700HQ CPU @ 2.40GHz"
MaxSpeed: 2400
CurrentSpeed: 2394
BIOS Version G750JM.205
BIOS Release Date 02/11/2014
Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
Product Name G750JM
**************************Tue Mar 25 02:10:49.648 2014 (UTC - 4:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\John\SysnativeBSODApps\032414-7171-01.dmp]
Windows 8 Kernel Version 9600 MP (8 procs) Free x64
Built by: 9600.16452.amd64fre.winblue_gdr.131030-1505
System Uptime:0 days 10:38:52.326
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32k.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for win32k.sys
Probably caused by :ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!SwapContext_PatchXRstor+0 )
BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff802713bff6a, ffffd00038bdad40, 0}
BugCheck Info: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3b)
Arguments:
Arg1: 00000000c0000005, Exception code that caused the bugcheck
Arg2: fffff802713bff6a, Address of the instruction which caused the bugcheck
Arg3: ffffd00038bdad40, Address of the context record for the exception that caused the bugcheck
Arg4: 0000000000000000, zero.
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN8_DRIVER_FAULT
PROCESS_NAME: Wow-64.exe
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x3B_nt!SwapContext_PatchXRstor
CPUID: "Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4700HQ CPU @ 2.40GHz"
MaxSpeed: 2400
CurrentSpeed: 2394
BIOS Version G750JM.205
BIOS Release Date 02/11/2014
Manufacturer ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC.
Product Name G750JM
**************************Mon Mar 24 15:22:43.023 2014 (UTC - 4:00)************************... Read more

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/43236-bsod-playing-wow-playing-music-error-system_service_excep.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.2
Locale ID: 13321

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: a
BCP1: FFFFFFFF
BCP2: 00000002
BCP3: 00000000
BCP4: 830C8C55
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

Please help and answer))

A:BSOD randomly/ when playing LoL and playing a video on youtube

Code:
File Scan Data-->
File Mismatch: C:\Windows\system32\wat\watadminsvc.exe[Hr = 0x80070003]
File Mismatch: C:\Windows\system32\wat\npwatweb.dll[Hr = 0x80070003]
File Mismatch: C:\Windows\system32\wat\watux.exe[Hr = 0x80070003]
File Mismatch: C:\Windows\system32\wat\watweb.dll[Hr = 0x80070003]
From your attachments, it would appear that WAT is not installed. Please download and install this:

Description of the update for Windows Activation Technologies

Now upload a new MGADIAG report here:

1. Download and save this tool to your desktop:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012

2. Run the tool, and then click 'Copy' - ignore any errors if they appear

3. Use CTRL+V to paste the unedited results of the validation tool here in your next reply

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/274642-bsod-randomly-when-playing-lol-playing-video-youtube.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello guys So here is my issue i dont really know how to specific it further then this still hope it will help I have been getting BSOD for a flash playing When BSOD player. playing games and while now and it's getting to the point BSOD When playing games and playing flash player. i cant do a single thing on the computer I did the config for dumps and so on and ended up with this RAR file with all the info i assume I mostly get the bluescreen when i try to watch anime etc on googlechrome It never BSOD When playing games and playing flash player. works it's a matter of seconds before the BSOD comes But when watching it on other browsers like opera it works just fine quot mostly quot even there it bluescreens from time to time And then there is when it's most fatal Playing onlinegames Whenever I play online games like World of warcraft League BSOD When playing games and playing flash player. of Legends Heroes of Neweart etc etc etc i risk getting bluescreens It differs very much from game to game how often the bluescreens appear and it seems to not be preformance related since sometimes i play constantly for hours when maxing out games and pushing the computer to it's limits when it comes to frames And still the bluescreen lies in dorment waiting for a more suitable interrupt for me From the looks of it the bluescreen is related mostly to my operatingsystem more then commponents after i looked at the dumpfiles via quot Bluescreenviewer quot I'm pretty clueless when it comes to this and i hope you guys can help me with this also this is my first post so I maybe did this typical quot bad thread quot Still i hope this will get me atleast closer to the solution of this current hell of bluescreens

A:BSOD When playing games and playing flash player.

Hello Simon, and welcome to Seven Forums.

Please read the instructions here: Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions, and post back with the needed information. One of our BSOD experts should be by afterwards to further help.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/317362-bsod-when-playing-games-playing-flash-player.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi Guys,

I have issues with my desktop. I randomly get the bsod (kernel data inpage error). I thought it started after I installes the new ATI drivers. So I tried older drivers but without any result. After that I thought it was an issues with Win 7 64bit. So I installed 32bit. But still I get the bsdod.

can you please help?

Win 7 32 bit
oem original
hardware about two years old.
I have a new installed os.The old one started giving trouble after 2 years.

A:BSOD randomly after playing games or playing movies )

SP1 isn't installed, please do the following:

Quote:
Installing Windows 7 Service Pack 1
1. Visit the PC manufacturer's website and update ALL drivers. DO NOT use Windows Update or the "Update drivers" function of Device Manager.
2. Check Device Manager for any unknown/disabled devices - if there are unknown/disabled devices, fix them with the latest drivers from the device manufacturer's website (not the PC Manufacturer)
3. Visit Windows Update and get all updates (may take repeated visits)
4. Visit Windows Update and get Service Pack 1 (usually under Important Updates). Read these notes for installing SP1: Steps to follow before you install Windows 7 SP1 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 from the Microsoft Download Center
5. Visit Windows Update and get any other available updates. May take repeated visits, but keep it up until you get several "Windows is updated" results.
If you're having difficulties with installing a Service Pack, please use the SURTool from this link: What is the System Update Readiness Tool?
Also, check out this troubleshooting link from Microsoft: Troubleshoot problems installing Service Pack 1 (SP1) for Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 R2

I have had limited success in installing updates/Service Packs when using a "clean boot". I suspect that I'm just bypassing the problem - and that it can come back to bite me in the butt later on.

You have an 802.11n USB Wireless LAN Card. Win7 doesn't like these devices. They will rapidly spit out BSOD's if using Vista-era drivers. Here's my rant about these devices:

Quote:
I do not recommend using wireless USB devices. Especially in Win7 systems.
These wireless USB devices have many issues with Win7 - and using Vista drivers with them is almost sure to cause a BSOD.
Should you want to keep using these devices, be sure to have Win7 drivers - DO NOT use Vista drivers!!!
An installable wireless PCI/PCIe card that's plugged into your motherboard is much more robust, reliable, and powerful.

AMD OverDrive (AODDriver2.sys) is either a stand-alone application, or a component of the AMD VISION Engine Control Center. This driver is known to cause BSOD's on some Win7 systems.

Quote:
Please uninstall all AMD/ATI video stuff from Control Panel...Programs...Uninstall a program
Then, download and install a fresh copy of the ATI drivers from Global Provider of Innovative Graphics, Processors and Media Solutions | AMD (in the upper right corner of the page)
Use this procedure to install the DRIVER ONLY: ATI video cards - DRIVER ONLY installation procedure

If the device (AODDriver or AODDriver4.01) remains a problem, open Device Manager, select the "View" item.
Then select "Show hidden devices" and scroll down to the Non-Plug and Play Drivers section.
Locate the AODDriver entry, right click on it and select "Uninstall". Reboot for changes to take affect.

Sometimes the driver remains and continues to cause BSOD's. If this is the case for you, post back and we'll give further instructions for safely removing it.

If overclocking, please stop. Remove the overclock and return the system to stock/standard values while we're troubleshooting. Once the system is stable again, feel free to resume the overclocking.

STOP 0x7A specifically refers to a problem with a missing Service Pack ( BSOD Index )
The c000009d parameter means DEVICE_NOT_CONNECTED
And the memory dump suggests that there might be a hardware problem with the hard drive.
Just to be sure, please run this free hard drive diagnostic: Hard Drive Diagnostic Procedure

Microsoft Security Essentials dynamic driver showed up in the memory dump. I'd suggest:
- downloading a fresh copy
- uninstalling the current copy
- installing the freshly downloaded copy and IMMEDIATELY updating it
- perform a full system scan.

The following info is just F... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/233458-bsod-randomly-after-playing-games-playing-movies.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi I'm new to this forum and was wondering if i could get some help or advice on what the problem might be the PC is only 3 months old and has had four recent blue screen errors over the time i have been using it and i was wondering if this is a hardware or system failure that i may need to replace. These are the dump files and system information attached to post thank you.

A:BSOD Whilst playing Browsing and Playing game's

Welcome

The BSOD seems to be caused by old ATI video card drivers:

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 116, {fffffa8007da8010, fffff8800774da1c, 0, 2}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\atikmpag.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atikmpag.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmpag.sys
Probably caused by : atikmpag.sys ( atikmpag+7a1c )

---------

2: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (116)
Attempt to reset the display driver and recover from timeout failed.
Arguments:
Arg1: fffffa8007da8010, Optional pointer to internal TDR recovery context (TDR_RECOVERY_CONTEXT).
Arg2: fffff8800774da1c, The pointer into responsible device driver module (e.g. owner tag).
Arg3: 0000000000000000, Optional error code (NTSTATUS) of the last failed operation.
Arg4: 0000000000000002, Optional internal context dependent data.

Debugging Details:
------------------

FAULTING_IP:
atikmpag+7a1c
fffff880`0774da1c 4883ec28 sub rsp,28h

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: GRAPHICS_DRIVER_TDR_FAULT

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x116

CURRENT_IRQL: 0

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`071ef308 fffff880`07311000 : 00000000`00000116 fffffa80`07da8010 fffff880`0774da1c 00000000`00000000 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`071ef310 fffff880`07310d0a : fffff880`0774da1c fffffa80`07da8010 fffffa80`06c0bd50 fffffa80`07be0010 : dxgkrnl!TdrBugcheckOnTimeout+0xec
fffff880`071ef350 fffff880`073b7f07 : fffffa80`07da8010 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`06c0bd50 fffffa80`07be0010 : dxgkrnl!TdrIsRecoveryRequired+0x1a2
fffff880`071ef380 fffff880`073e5d5a : fffffa80`ffffffff 00000000`00141feb fffff880`071ef4d0 00000000`00000002 : dxgmms1!VidSchiReportHwHang+0x40b
fffff880`071ef460 fffff880`073cbbb1 : fffffa80`08b94000 ffffffff`feced300 00000000`00000002 fffff880`071ef7d8 : dxgmms1!VidSchWaitForCompletionEvent+0x196
fffff880`071ef4a0 fffff880`073ceaaf : 00000000`00020182 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`08a33240 fffff8a0`0d99b510 : dxgmms1!VIDMM_GLOBAL::xWaitForAllEngines+0x1e9
fffff880`071ef5a0 fffff880`073cd1a0 : fffff8a0`0d99b510 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`08b94000 00000000`00000001 : dxgmms1!VIDMM_GLOBAL::SetupForBuildPagingBuffer+0xd7
fffff880`071ef5e0 fffff880`073cd0f6 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000001 fffffa80`08b94000 fffff880`073cba1e : dxgmms1!VIDMM_GLOBAL::UnmapVideoApertureSegmentInternal+0x34
fffff880`071ef770 fffff880`073d6642 : fffffa80`08ba3ea0 00000000`00000001 00000000`00000001 fffff800`02edba32 : dxgmms1!VIDMM_GLOBAL::UnmapVideoApertureSegment+0x13e
fffff880`071ef7e0 fffff880`073d63eb : fffff8a0`0d99b510 00000000`00001000 fffffa80`08ba3ea0 fffff8a0`0d99b510 : dxgmms1!VIDMM_APERTURE_SEGMENT::UnmapApertureRange+0x7a
fffff880`071ef830 fffff880`073d5d8f : fffff8a0`0d99b510 fffffa80`08b94c80 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`08b94c80 : dxgmms1!VIDMM_APERTURE_SEGMENT::UnmapTemporaryResource+0x9b
fffff880`071ef890 fffff880`073c976c : fffffa80`08b94000 fffffa80`08b94000 fffffa80`08b94c80 fffffa80`08b94000 : dxgmms1!VIDMM_APERTURE_SEGMENT::ReleaseTemporaryResource+0... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/268197-bsod-whilst-playing-browsing-playing-games.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hello guys i'm new to while Movies WoW Playing Playing Watching BSOD or this site but here is my problem when i get the BSOD while playing WoW or Watching shows in my comouter If anyone can help me on this it would be great this has happen to me like times already i'm not sure what is causing the problem Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode BCP BCP FFFFFA B BCP FA BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp BSOD Playing while Playing WoW or Watching Movies C Users Saul AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml Read our privacy statement online Windows Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows If the online privacy statement is not available please read our privacy statement offline C Windows system en-US erofflps txt Zip File Attachment AIDA Extreme Edition -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Version AIDA v Benchmark Module -x Homepage http www aida com Report Type Report Wizard Computer SAUL-PC Generator Saul Operating System Microsoft Windows Ultimate Win RTM Date - - Time Summary -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Computer Computer Type ACPI x -based PC Operating System Microsoft Windows Ultimate OS Service Pack Service Pack Internet Explorer IE DirectX DirectX Computer Name SAUL-PC User Name Saul Logon Domain Saul-PC Date Time - - Motherboard CPU Type QuadCore Intel Core i - MHz x Motherboard Name Asus Rampage III Extreme PCI PCI-E x PCI-E x DDR DIMM Audio Gigabit LAN IEEE- Motherboard Chipset Intel Tylersburg X Intel Nehalem System Memory MB DDR - DDR SDRAM DIMM Corsair Dominator CMP GX M A C GB DDR - DDR SDRAM - - - MHz DIMM Corsair Dominator CMP GX M A C GB DDR - DDR SDRAM - - - MHz DIMM Corsair Dominator CMP GX M A C GB DDR - DDR SDRAM - - - MHz BIOS Type AMI Communication Port BT Port COM Communication Port BT Port COM Communication Port BT Port COM Communication Port BT Port COM Communication Port BT Port COM Communication Port BT Port COM Communication Port BT Port COM Communication Port BT Port COM Communication Port BT Port COM Communication Port BT Port COM Display Video Adapter NVIDIA GeForce GTX MB Video Adapter NVIDIA GeForce GTX MB D Accelerator nVIDIA GeForce GTX Monitor Asus VE quot LCD B LMTF Multimedia Audio Adapter nVIDIA HDMI DP nVIDIA GF - High Definition Audio Controller Audio Adapter nVIDIA HDMI DP nVIDIA GF - High Definition Audio Controller Audio Adapter nVIDIA HDMI DP nVIDIA GF - High Definition Audio Controller Audio Adapter nVIDIA HDMI DP nVIDIA GF - High Definition Audio Controller Audio Adapter Realtek ALC Intel JB ICH - High Definition Audio Controller Storage IDE Controller Intel R ICH Family port Serial ATA Storage Controller - A IDE Controller Intel R ICH Family port Serial ATA Storage Controller - A IDE Controller Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller IDE Controller Standard Dual Channel PCI IDE Controller Disk Drive Corsair CSSD-F GB ATA Device GB SATA-II Disk Drive Hitachi HDP GLA ATA Device GB RPM SATA-II Disk Drive Hitachi HDP GLA ATA Device GB RPM SATA-II Optical Drive HL-DT-ST BD-RE GGW-H L ATA Device x x x BD-RE SMART Hard Disks Status OK Partitions C NTFS MB MB free D NTFS MB MB free E NTFS GB GB free F NTFS GB GB free Total Size GB GB free Input Keyboard Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Keyboard Razer Naga Mouse Razer BlackWidow Ultimate Mouse Razer Naga Network Primary IP Address Primary MAC Address - - A- B- F-E Network Adapter Intel R V- Gigabit Network Connection Network Adapter RangeMax Dual Band Wireless-N USB Adapter Peripherals Printer Fax Printer Microsoft XPS Document Writer FireWire Controller VIA VT Fire IIM IEEE Host Controller PHY VIA VT USB Controller Intel JB ICH - USB Universal Host Controller USB Controller Intel JB ICH - USB Universal Host Controller USB Controller Intel JB ICH - USB Universal Host Controller USB Controller Intel JB ICH - USB Univers... Read more

A:BSOD Playing while Playing WoW or Watching Movies

Unfortunately, the information provided is a bit vague. Please read and follow the http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html to provide us with more information so we may better assist you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/207000-bsod-playing-while-playing-wow-watching-movies.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hello guys, my new PC had BSOD when playing games or playing music with window media player,
can somebody help me out? Thanks a lot

System Specs has been updated.

Problem signature:
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 3076

BCCode: 124
BCP1: 0000000000000000
BCP2: FFFFFA8007C307C8
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: 0000000000000000
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0

debug-meteor5210-xxxx.zip

A:BSOD when playing games or playing music

Hello and welcome meteor mate I know I can dig them out of the debug stuff but some system specs are needed mate for starters
System Info - See Your System Specs

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/337434-bsod-when-playing-games-playing-music.html
Relevancy 45.15%
Relevancy 41.71%

PSU Corsair W CMPSU- TXEU Case THERMALTAKE ElementS CPU AMD Phenom II X BE HDD SAMSUNG HD HJ SpinPoint BSoD Random boot BSoD, BSoD playing, on while F quot GB GPU ZOTAC Geforce GTX MB DDR Lettore LG Super Multi CH LS RAM CORSAIR Dominator x GB DDR CMP GX M A C Mobo Random BSoD, BSoD while playing, BSoD on boot Asus M A T-M USB OS Windows Ultimate bit I've got this system running since november and i have had not a single problem About a month ago i had issues trying to boot windows i had to turn power on off loads of time until i was able to get to desktop Since that day Blue Screens happened every Random BSoD, BSoD while playing, BSoD on boot time i got to desktop after few seconds or after few minutes Freezes and BSoD kept coming so i ran some tests memtest scandisk a samsung hdd test They showed no errors but memtest Memtest found out loads of errors coming from both RAMs and so i bought new ones Kingstone HyperX KHX C D K I had same problems freeze and errors just after boot not later played some heavy game for more than hours or so I tested old rams on another computer and they worked just fine Oh and i format install Windows about three times I tried to remove GPU and tried to use MOBO GPU but it still freezed Right now i have no freeze BSoD on boot but only while playing after few secs P S I had BSoD using the BsoD collecting application P P S Some things are written in italian because i'm running an italian OS

A:Random BSoD, BSoD while playing, BSoD on boot

Here some Blue Screen coming from Driver Verifier ...
If my Blue Screen View says the truth, they come from MagicIso... Which i have installed, like, today...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/random-bsod-bsod-while-playing-bsod-on-boot-603533.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Hello So first of all I am not a computer wizard Some terms I might not understand as i've never had a problem like this before but i'll try to enlist as much information as possible Since last friday or so i've suddenly encountered a BSOD Now i've had them before and it was only once After a reboot it usually never happend again and everything was cool But since friday they popped up again Mainly during playing Battlefield but i've also had it happen during Dragon Ball Xenoverse I've had multiple BSOD errors which are - IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL - BAD POOL HEADER - MEMORY MANAGEMENT - SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION - APC INDEX MISMATCH Now if it were one I might've been able to pinpoint the issue but They're constantly different errors that happen Now to explain a bit more in detail how it goes So i'm just playing a match of Battlefield After minutes give or take it'll bring me to the multiple inside listed BSOD so playing games, far errors, BSOD 5 blue screen After processing whatever it has to process computer shuts down and it starts to restart At this point it will be stuck in an infinite restart loop where my monitor will not display anything as well It just says it's not connected to something which it clearly is After manually closing and rebooting i'll have to do this a few times or mess with the HDMI a little bit before I get my monitor to pop up again Once that happens I get stuck in the beginning screen where you can see your HDD SSD installed It won't go further than that unless I hit F There have been times where I had to go into BIOS and revert it to default settings as well even though I never change a thing in there but it worked Then it reboots back up as usual Very rarely i'll get an instant BSOD when it logged in but that only happens rarely Now the solutions i've been trying - Deleted graphics drivers all of them and reinstalled them Did not work - BSOD playing games, so far 5 multiple BSOD errors, listed inside Out of frustration reinstalled Windows Did not fix anything - Brought him in to a shop The BSOD's never appeared there and seemingly there's nothing wrong within the system according to him - Went BSOD playing games, so far 5 multiple BSOD errors, listed inside to my parents house to test there since I do not have a car Played games there no BSOD I BSOD playing games, so far 5 multiple BSOD errors, listed inside got the hope that maybe it was fixed but then I returned home tried it out and after or so minutes of playing Battlefield BSOD This time it gave me the IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL amp BAD POOL HEADER errors I've even been paranoid enough to think that it might be external hardware that is causing it Like my headset or speakers or SOMETHING that was different when I brought it to the shop or when I was home at my parents house Is that even possible It's good to know that i've had my current video card since release of the GTX and it never caused any sort of problem before Here are two dump errors I cannot show the others as they occured before I reinstalled Win so I do not have those dump files anymore but here are two of the most recent ones In case system specs are needed System Spec Computer type PC Desktop OS Windows x CPU Intel Core i GHz Motherboard Alienware JNH CPU Memory GB DDR MHz Graphics Card s MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX MSI I'm pretty desperate at this moment so any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks for the read

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/69330-bsod-playing-games-so-far-5-multiple-bsod-errors-listed-inside.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Around the th of March I was playing Smite, BCC116 atikmpag.sys & playing BSOD mentions BCC117, BSOD Smite joined a match and about half way through it I received a freeze then a BSOD This continued to happen randomly when I would play a smite match ranging from every to matches could happen near the beginning or in the middle of the game So I wouldn't ruin more games for others I attempted to fix the problem myself looking up that I had to update my GPU drivers which I do now have or uninstall them to let my pc auto install the suitable one This ended up with my PC or Radeon hardware detector not detecting the GPU so I had to system restore I also tried cleaning out my PC rig BSOD playing Smite, BCC116 & BCC117, BSOD mentions atikmpag.sys with a duster to see if my bad PC hygiene had caused heating problems but it had no affect I have used malware-bytes to detect malware and viruses but all that was quarantined seems to have had no affect I tried these solutions that I see everywhere when I search but obviously they didn't work So instead of finding a solution I attempted to find more symptoms I found that within the blue screen it mentions atikmpag sys I see that my PC problem reports tell me that I have a lot of Windows shutting down and Video hardware errors With the BCC codes BCC and BCC respectivly I also attempted to see if I would gain the BSOD by testing on more strenuous games and didn't gain any BSOD whilst playing Dark Souls and Batman Arkham Knight thus so far I have concluded that this BSOD seems Smite specific though this could do with some further testing So now I have given up in attempting to fix it by my self and have joined the Sevenforums in an attempt to fix this problem and get back to the game I enjoy I hope I have successfully attached the zip file correctly but if I haven't or some other files are needed or if I haven't applied a forum rule by accident please mention it To test whether a solution has worked or not I will have to play many smite matches so it may take a while before whether I can reply confirm whether the BSODs are gone or not

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/394049-bsod-playing-smite-bcc116-bcc117-bsod-mentions-atikmpag-sys.html
Relevancy 41.71%

The system just bsod while watching video on chrome. The bluescreen was locked with a sound repeated in background. It did not restart itself as is normal.

I have recently updated my video drivers and I believe all other drivers to be current. I recently ran memtest 86+ for 7 full passes with no errors, but it could still be the memory as the modules are new(about a month).

Ignore the old minidumps as they are the result of tweaking/overclocking my system. The dump of interest is from today and is attached separately from jcgriff.

My system is the same as in my user profile.

Win 7Ultimate 64bit.
Microsoft security essentials and Malwarebytes are used for realtime protection and scanning.

This is the first non OCing bsod I've had on my rig in a long time,

Please help

A:BSOD in chrome playing vid, BSOD locked with sound in background

Quote: Originally Posted by Beast52702

The system just bsod while watching video on chrome. The bluescreen was locked with a sound repeated in background. It did not restart itself as is normal.

I have recently updated my video drivers and I believe all other drivers to be current. I recently ran memtest 86+ for 7 full passes with no errors, but it could still be the memory as the modules are new(about a month).

Ignore the old minidumps as they are the result of tweaking/overclocking my system. The dump of interest is from today and is attached separately from jcgriff.

My system is the same as in my user profile.

Win 7Ultimate 64bit.
Microsoft security essentials and Malwarebytes are used for realtime protection and scanning.

This is the first non OCing bsod I've had on my rig in a long time,

Please help

Unfortunately the most recent was inconclusive. We can do some testing while waiting for the next one. Most often it is memory or driver related.

Please run these two tests.

1-Memtest.

*Download a copy of Memtest86 and burn the ISO to a CD using Iso Recorder or another ISO burning program. Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

*Boot from the CD, and leave it running for at least 5 or 6 passes.

Just remember, any time Memtest reports errors, it can be either bad RAM or a bad motherboard slot.

Test the sticks individually, and if you find a good one, test it in all slots.

2-Driver verifier

Quote:
I'd suggest that you first backup your data and then make sure you've got access to another computer so you can contact us if problems arise. Then make a System Restore point (so you can restore the system using the Vista/Win7 Startup Repair feature).

In Windows 7 you can make a Startup Repair disk by going to Start....All Programs...Maintenance...Create a System Repair Disc - with Windows Vista you'll have to use your installation disk or the "Repair your computer" option at the top of the Safe Mode menu .

Then, here's the procedure:
- Go to Start and type in "verifier" (without the quotes) and press Enter
- Select "Create custom settings (for code developers)" and click "Next"
- Select "Select individual settings from a full list" and click "Next"
- Select everything EXCEPT FOR "Low Resource Simulation" and click "Next"
- Select "Select driver names from a list" and click "Next"
Then select all drivers NOT provided by Microsoft and click "Next"
- Select "Finish" on the next page.

Reboot the system and wait for it to crash to the Blue Screen. Continue to use your system normally, and if you know what causes the crash, do that repeatedly. The objective here is to get the system to crash because Driver Verifier is stressing the drivers out. If it doesn't crash for you, then let it run for at least 36 hours of continuous operation (an estimate on my part).

If you can't get into Windows because it crashes too soon, try it in Safe Mode.
If you can't get into Safe Mode, try using System Restore from your installation DVD to set the system back to the previous restore point that you created.

Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/187757-bsod-chrome-playing-vid-bsod-locked-sound-background.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Good Afternoon,

In the past couple of months, I've had multiple instances of BSOD and have tried to solve on my own; but to no avail, I have been unsuccessful and I am now here.

Here's the BSOD messages that I have seen:
11/17 - DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (tcpip.sys)
11/17 - SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
11/10 - ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY
9/10 - DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION - used memtest86 and found no issues with RAM
9/10 - KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (mv91xx.sys) - think I solved
9/6 - KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED - think I solved

Thank you,

Jace

A:BSOD playing World of Warcraft, multiple BSOD Instances

Hello Jace and welcome to TenForums

Please help us to help you by attaching the files as stated at the top: Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/70085-bsod-playing-world-warcraft-multiple-bsod-instances.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi guys I badly need your hours. is computer No BSOD playing games when idle. for when BSOD help I started BSOD when computer is idle. No BSOD when playing games for hours. getting BSOD two weeks ago As far as I can remember the first time I had a BSOD was on the day I installed Max Payne BSOD when computer is idle. No BSOD when playing games for hours. I read somewhere that the some guy had also this problem when he installed max payne There were two occasions that I got a BSOD upon starting Max Payne But lately I'm getting BSOD when doing low-load stuffs like browsing with no other apps opened I've already done memtest with passes with no errors I'm hours prime stable I just don't get it I've manually set my timings for my ram I'm not doing any overclock Everything is on stock settings Can someone please take a look on my attachment Any help will be gladly appreciated Thank you so much Oh btw here's my system specs Win bit I - k at stock Maximus IV Extreme G Skill gb OCZ gb SSD Kingwin Lazer w psu GTX at stock

A:BSOD when computer is idle. No BSOD when playing games for hours.

@writhziden can you please help me?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/238361-bsod-when-computer-idle-no-bsod-when-playing-games-hours.html
Relevancy 41.71%

I keep getting BSODs when I play games for a short while At first I thought when BSOD says ntoskrnl.exe games. BSOD BlueScreenView caused playing it was a bad installation of Windows BSOD when playing games. BlueScreenView says ntoskrnl.exe caused BSOD so I did a clean format full of my SSD and a clean install of Windows Ultimate x Installation failed quite a few times before finally succeeding Tried another copy of Windows same install failures I finally finished reinstalling Windows on my PC I suspected the RAM to be at fault so I ran MemTest and found a ton of errors Upon closer inspection of the BIOS settings I found that my board was clocking my ram in Auto mode at mhz instead of the factory mhz Corsair Vengeance LP DDR CAS on Asus Sabertooth Z I updated my BIOS to the latest as of this posting and I still have to manually set the memory frequencies for it to run at mhz Everything seemed fine for a few hours running prime I supposed my PC was fine now after that clean install of Windows but a few minutes into playing Battlefield I BSOD I am no pro at reading dump files and I was hoping someone could help me isolate the sources of my BSODs I've attached the minidump files for each BSOD below Thanks

A:BSOD when playing games. BlueScreenView says ntoskrnl.exe caused BSOD

My system specs are:

Intel Core i7-3770
Asus Sabertooth Z77
Corsair Vengeance Low Profile DDR3 @1600mhz CAS9
Kingston HyperX 3k 120GB SSD (boot, Battlefield 3, Microsoft Office)
Asus DirectCUII GTX 670
Thermaltake Toughpower 1200 watt
Razer Blackwidow Ultimate
Cyborg RAT7 Mouse

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/240280-bsod-when-playing-games-bluescreenview-says-ntoskrnl-exe-caused-bsod.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Hi Guys,

Upgraded the parts to my computer around the 20th of December, and been having issues since, i have tried diagnosing the problem myself, re-installed my OS about 10 times now with different installation methods.

I am having so many issues it would be crazy trying to list them all, i will upload the files that the tool created and if you need any further information i will do my best to answer.

I upgraded my RAM, Mobo and CPU in the upgrade.

Please see attached.

A:BSOD - Playing WoW, Borderlands, H1Z1 - Multiple BSOD Errors

is it against the rules to post on your own thread or something? my last 2 messages have been removed from my post :S.

Can anyone help at all on this? been having this trouble for a while now.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/360045-bsod-playing-wow-borderlands-h1z1-multiple-bsod-errors.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Hello guys Problem started quite recently I bought a new computer a month ago and everything was cool until it started giving me MANY BSODs affter one intitial BSOD while playing League Of Legends After a first crash Windows asked during boot playing while BSOD reinstalling Win7 LoL, BSOD when avast!, affected if i want to run a recovery utility and each time I said yes it would BSOD at the end of the scan It would continuously crash until I ignored the recovery options and asked to start as normal This would give me a little bootloop consisting of two or three BSODs and then boot properly This whole thing BSOD while playing LoL, affected avast!, BSOD when reinstalling Win7 happened a few times around five I would say and today avast popped up saying it wouldn't run in background or something I tried resolving the issue but i would go back to a red error state instantly After uninstalling avast rebooting and trying to reinstall I had a nasty series of crashes in the middles of the installation and a huge bootloop with a blue screen each BSOD while playing LoL, affected avast!, BSOD when reinstalling Win7 time I decided to send BSOD while playing LoL, affected avast!, BSOD when reinstalling Win7 this all to hell and restore my computer to a restoration point which resulted in a long tedious procedure and an error message at the end At this point being pretty pissed ans wanting blood I decided to reinstall Windows Silly me I used the same CD exactly which worked when I just bought the PC and this time when I asked to boot from the CD i got a black screen for five minutes followed by a blue fatal error Tried many times each failed Right now i'm checking the hard drive with HD Tune and will run an overnight scan of RAM with memtest but i have a strong suspicion it's gonna give me another BSOD as soon as I try to boot from USB I am absolutely lost here If even reinstalling windows doesn't work what do I have to do I did not touch the BIOS in any way and first time I installed Windows with problems Help me please I am adding the dumps in attachement zip and can provide logs from WhoCrashed if needed Says something about ntfs sys aswndisflt sys which is an avast file and ntoskrnl exe

A:BSOD while playing LoL, affected avast!, BSOD when reinstalling Win7

Tenyoriu, I'll try to help with your problems. You have 3 dump files and from all of the errors I see, you seem to have some problems.

I am just going to show you a few of them. I could probably fill up the page with code, which I doubt means much to you. But, then I am going to give you a list of several things to do. I only ask that you read the instructions carefully and follow them. Hopefully we can get to the bottom of what the main issue is.

I know you said you uninstalled Avast, but it and the next one appear in every dump file.

Code:
aswNdisFlt T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: aswNdisFlt.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\aswNdisFlt.sys
Image name: aswNdisFlt.sys
Timestamp: Thu Nov 06 06:55:50 2014 (545B6FD6)
CheckSum: 0007AC90
ImageSize: 00070000
Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e
That is the Avast Firewall driver

Code:
fffff880`0338ba28 fffff880`045ce338*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for cfosspeed6.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for cfosspeed6.sys
cfosspeed6+0x176338

Code:
cfosspeed6
start end module name
fffff880`04458000 fffff880`045f5000 cfosspeed6 T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: cfosspeed6.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\cfosspeed6.sys
Image name: cfosspeed6.sys
Timestamp: Mon Jul 04 08:18:51 2011 (4E11BDBB)
CheckSum: 0019A733
ImageSize: 0019D000
Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
That is CFoss, which you apparently have installed to speed up your internet. Please uninstall it.

Code:
LGSHidFilt
start end module name
fffff880`0740d000 fffff880`07422000 LGSHidFilt T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: LGSHidFilt.Sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\LGSHidFilt.Sys
Image name: LGSHidFilt.Sys
Timestamp: Thu May 30 10:16:33 2013 (51A76D51)
CheckSum: 000169DA
ImageSize: 00015000
That is your Logitech Gaming driver, please try to update it from Logitech's web site.

Code:
Rt64win7
start end module name
fffff880`04a00000 fffff880`04a8d000 Rt64win7 T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: Rt64win7.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\Rt64win7.sys
Image name: Rt64win7.sys
Timestamp: Tue Aug 23 08:55:41 2011 (4E53B15D)
CheckSum: 00097338
ImageSize: 0008D000
That is your Realtek RTL8168D/8111D Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC which is quite old and should be updated from your motherboard's web site.

I am concerned about the Avast quit working and then wouldn't install. That is one sign of a virus. So, whatever anti virus you have now, please do a complete scan.

Also download malwarebytes (Malwarebytes | Free Anti-Malware & Internet Security Software) please download the free vbersion, and uncheck the start real time protection and use it as an on demand AV scan. Run a full scan of all hard drives with it.

Also run these online virus scans

http://support.kaspersky.com/viruses...on/5350#block1
Anti-rootkit utility TDSSKiller
ESET online scanner:
Free Virus Scan | Online Virus Scanner from ESET
Free Online Virus Scanner | ESET

Next please run the short and long test with Seatools for DOS SeaTools for DOS and Windows - How to Use

And Check Disk Disk Check

Please also open an elevated command prompt ( click start, type cmd in the search box, right click on the cmd entry and select run as administrator) in the black box that opens, copy/paste sfc /scannow. If you decide to type it, notice the space between the sfc and the /. It is a system file checker which will scan your sys... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/359494-bsod-while-playing-lol-affected-avast-bsod-when-reinstalling-win7.html
Relevancy 41.71%

My or while error BSOD 0x0000003b - playing idle BSOD music getting a lot computer has BSOD - getting BSOD error 0x0000003b a lot while idle or playing music been doing this a lot recently and its started doing it more often usually the x b code pops up when either windows media player is on or when it is stood idle for a while Using NirSoft's bluescreen viewer it stating that the ntoskrnl exe is the problem in all minidumps it also sometimes states nvator sys is the other file that causes the bluescreen i have attached the minidumps to this and hopefully someone will tell me how to fix it i have checked online and gathered it down to these options either my PSU is not powerful enough to support the payload my HDD BSOD - getting BSOD error 0x0000003b a lot while idle or playing music is corrupt or the RAM is stating to fail Thank you BSOD - getting BSOD error 0x0000003b a lot while idle or playing music for the people who can help as a side note i have tried formatting and reinstalling my windows bit ultimate but the BSOD can appear on setup and did at one point so i had to renew the whole setup recently it has started doing it a lot more one happened not too long ago and also had the CDD dll file as an error Also before anyone says it YES MY DRIVERS ARE ALL UP TO DATE there are literally no updates available for my hardware which is why i think its either my HDD or RAM My Specs AMD Athlon II X Dualcore Gigabyte M LT-D GB x GB DDR RAM not sure on the manufacturer NVIDIA Geforce GT GB Partitioned Western Digital Sata II HDD

A:BSOD - getting BSOD error 0x0000003b a lot while idle or playing music

UPDATE: this just happened to me aswell... states the NTFS.sys is now the error (Error code 0x00000024) was literally only thumbing through facebook nothing else.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/251960-bsod-getting-bsod-error-0x0000003b-lot-while-idle-playing-music.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Short version My BSOD games, with 2 Random when Starcraft persistant playing BSOD PC is getting a BSOD at random times when full screen gaming The BSOD screen says the video card times out Long Version I have a gaming PC that a friend generously gave me when he built a new one It's worked great but in November Random BSOD when playing games, persistant BSOD with Starcraft 2 the Tagan Random BSOD when playing games, persistant BSOD with Starcraft 2 ITZ watt power supply died He had planned to do SLI and never did so during Neweggs holiday sale I Random BSOD when playing games, persistant BSOD with Starcraft 2 picked up a Corsair Enthusiast Series TX thinking it should be sufficient Everything has run smoothly with the new PSU except for the fact that when playing games like Torchlight and Starcraft my machine will BSOD I had random BSOD's with Starcraft and then suddenly had nights in a row with no problems and then today it keeps crashing at the same spot in the campaign There is little consistency to the crashes other than that and under normal operations like email web browsing etc it has only BSOD'd once and that was during a youtube video My first thought is that the one thing that has changed recently is the PSU and prior to that I only recall a rare crash here and there I thought maybe my new PSU wasn't good enough but everything I've read online about the requirements for the GTX including the manual say watt minimum and I exceed that Here is a list of things I have tried - Updated video card and mobo drivers I have also uninstalled the nvidia drivers run Driver Sweeper in safe mode and reinstalled drivers in normal mode - Ran GPU-Z to look at temperatures and ran OCCT to stress test the GPU and GPU Ram - Ran memtest for hours passes - Tried running the video card in another PCI-E slot - Tried running games at lower graphical settings with no success - Currently running Driver Verifier I'm maybe hours in and plan to let it run - So far it hasn't caused a BSOD - I also found a link talking about the TDR errors with Windows and added items to the registry that were supposed to help give the video card seconds to catch up but Starcraft still froze up so I have since removed the registry items I added - Run error-checking via Windows on both HDD - I have not done any overclocking I think my video card comes with some overclocked settings but in the bios the clock speed is the lowest it can go That's all I can think of right now hope I didn't forget anything Any help is most appreciated Attached is the SF Diagnostic zip I have Bluescreen Viewer installed just not sure what the best way is to post it I only have mini dumps right now because when I installed CCleaner it removed them All dumps were from trying to play the mission Supernova in Starcraft I have since uninstalled CCleaner for now to be sure I keep the minidumps intact

A:Random BSOD when playing games, persistant BSOD with Starcraft 2

Hello Haze.

Click Start.
In the search bar, Typr "services.msc" without quotes.
Click the resulting link.
When the windoe will appear, scroll down to "nvidea update service daemon"
Then do it:
Does it change the situation anyhow? Let us know.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/273652-random-bsod-when-playing-games-persistant-bsod-starcraft-2-a.html
Relevancy 41.71%

Hey, so I was playing SWTOR and I got the BSOD. It has occurred several times in the past day. Here is the information.

I have run memtest already and have had 0 errors. I have all my drive up to date. I also reformatted my computer-NOT REPAIR, but FULL WIPE.

I have attached information via the instructions in thread.

Thank you for your time.

A:BSOD playing SWTOR, BSOD error SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (0x0000003b)

The crash dump blames hardware.

Re run these tests again

errors might be detected after 7 passes

Do this overnight

Also

Hardware - Stress Test With Prime95

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/269489-bsod-playing-swtor-bsod-error-system_service_exception-0x0000003b.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi I have been getting a BSOD crash every few hours in-game while playing The Lord of the Rings Online If anyone can help me track down the culprit I would be grateful My computer is brand new The operating system is Win bit Home Premium I have a feeling the problem is being caused by the Creative X-Fi extreme gamer sound card device because an internet search shows ctoss k sys is associated with the sound card driver Here is the system information PC name Vesta i SLI Company NCIX com Date purchased November the PC was assembled and tested in-house at NCIX and shipped to me last week Works great doing everything and - LotRO New BSOD MMO) - Playing Machine (An Happens Brand While BSOD only crashes while playing LotRO x Intel Core i Quad Core Processor LGA GHZ Bloomfield MB LGA GT S x Corsair Cooling Hydro Series BSOD - Brand New Machine - BSOD Happens While Playing LotRO (An MMO) H High Performance CPU Cooler System LGA LGA LGA AM AM x ASUS P X D-E X ATX LGA PCI-E PCI-E PCI CrossFire SLI USB SATA GB S Motherboard x Corsair XMS TR X G C GB DDR X GB DDR - CL - - - Core i Memory Kit x GeForce GTX MHZ MB PCI-E Dual DVI Mini HDMI x Antec Twelve Hundred Full Tower Gamer Case ATX Drive Bay No PS Top USB Audio eSATA x Corsair TX W W ATX V A PIN ATX Power Supply Active PFC MM Fan x Microsoft Windows Home Premium Edition BIT DVD OEM x Western Digital Caviar Black TB SATA GB S RPM MB Cache IN Dual Proc Hard Drive OEM x LG GH LS X Super Multi Lightscribe SATA DVD Writer OEM Black x Creative Labs Sound Blaster X-FI Xtreme Gamer BIT Sound Card PCI Retail Box Bilingual x Visiontek Killer Gaming NIC MB MHZ Gigabit Network Interface Card PCI-E x PC Assembly and Testing With Year Limited NCIX System Warranty PRE-CONFIG WIN OS If Purchased x Standard Year Limited Warranty With NCIX IN-HOUSE Tech Support I uploaded the zip file I hope you can help me determine the cause and possible a workaround or a fix Thanks

A:BSOD - Brand New Machine - BSOD Happens While Playing LotRO (An MMO)

Hi -

The stack does show the audio driver, but version is recent -

Code:

ctoss2k.sys Wed May 05 08:57:46 2010 (4BE16B4A)
I think BSODs may be related to Asus and/ or Marvell drivers.

This out-dated Asus ATK0110 mobo utility driver has BSOD'd Windows 7 systems to death for over a year now. A custom builder like NCIX should have updated it -

Code:

ASACPI.sys Mon Oct 30 22:09:12 2006 (4546B048)
Asus Support --> http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx

Slideshow is for asio.sys update; scroll down at Asus site and look for ATK0110 - http://cid-e5d03c221cac693f.skydrive...0updates?ref=1

Update Marvell Yukon 88E8056 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller -

Code:
yk62x64.sys Mon Feb 23 10:02:27 2009 (49A2BA83)
Marvell Support - http://www.marvell.com/support.html

If BSODs persist, run the Driver Verifier -- http://jcgriff2.com/driver_verifier.htm

Windbg Logs
--> http://jcgriff2.net/BSOD_Logs/_99-db..._jcgriff2_.txt
--> http://jcgriff2.net/BSOD_Logs/_99-db...riff2_.txt.zip

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

BSOD BUGCHECK SUMMARY

Code:

Built by: 7600.16617.amd64fre.win7_gdr.100618-1621
Debug session time: Sun Nov 21 20:54:51.678 2010 (GMT-5)
System Uptime: 1 days 15:23:17.833
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for ctoss2k.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for ctoss2k.sys
Probably caused by : ctoss2k.sys ( ctoss2k+5cea )
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x50
PROCESS_NAME: lotroclient.ex
Bugcheck code 00000050
Arguments ffffffff`95080000 00000000`00000000 fffff800`032a7690 00000000`00000005

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-brand-new-machine-bsod-happens-while-playing-lotro-an-mmo-530310.html
Relevancy 41.28%

My blue screens seem to happen when I am playing games I have attached some logs and the zip file be BsOD different seem to codes playing BSOD - troubles games while using the tool in the instructions I have tried to upgrade my bios and my video card drivers without any luck I would be grateful for any suggestions or help thanks Tim windows version Windows Service Pack build windows dir C Windows Hardware ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC SABERTOOTH Z CPU GenuineIntel Intel R Core BSOD troubles seem to be while playing games - different BsOD codes TM i - K CPU GHz Intel level logical processors active mask RAM total Crash Dump Analysis lt B gt Crash dump directory C Windows Minidump Crash dumps are enabled on your computer On Mon PM GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmp This was probably caused by the following module ntoskrnl exe BSOD troubles seem to be while playing games - different BsOD codes nt x BC Bugcheck code x B xC xFFFFF xFFFFF D D x Error SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION file path C Windows system ntoskrnl exe product Microsoft Windows Operating System company Microsoft Corporation description NT Kernel amp System Bug check description This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem The crash took place in the Windows kernel Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time On Mon PM GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows memory dmp This was probably caused by the following module ntkrnlmp exe nt KeBugCheckEx x Bugcheck code x B xC xFFFFF xFFFFF D D x Error SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION Bug check description This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem The crash took place in the Windows kernel Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time On Sat AM GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmp This was probably caused by the following module ntoskrnl exe nt x BC Bugcheck code x x xFFFFF A E B xFFFFF A E xFFFFF A E B Error BAD POOL HEADER file path C Windows system ntoskrnl exe product Microsoft Windows Operating System company Microsoft Corporation description NT Kernel amp System Bug check description This indicates that a pool header is corrupt This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem This might be a case of memory corruption More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers not because of faulty RAM modules The crash took place in the Windows kernel Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time On Thu AM GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmp This was probably caused by the following module ntoskrnl exe nt x BC Bugcheck code x B xC xFFFFF FFFA B xFFFFF FC x Error SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION file path C Windows system ntoskrnl exe product Microsoft Windows Operating System company Microsoft Corporation description NT Kernel amp System Bug check description This indicates that an exception happened while executing a routine that transitions from non-privileged code to privileged code This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem The crash took place in the Windows kernel Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time On Sun PM GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmp This was probably caused by the following module dxgmms sys dxgmms x Bugcheck code x B xC xFFFFF xFFFFF B BD x Error SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION file path C Windows system drivers dxgmms... Read more

A:BSOD troubles seem to be while playing games - different BsOD codes

Hello, tbrown26. I will try to help you with this.

None of your dump files were overly definitive, as usual. The first thing I would like you to do is fill out your system specs in detail. Sometimes we have to look up a component and Manufacturer and model number helps us to do that.
Please fill out your System Specs

Information
Your System Specs will help us to help you, and doing it in this manner will make them available to all helpers in every post and keep us from hunting for them. We ask that you fill them out in as much detail as possible including Desktop or Laptop, Model number if it is an OEM computer and all components with the Manufacturer and Model number if possible.

If you will go to your last post and click the 'System Specs' in the bottom left of the post, you will find a link to update your system specs. Please fill those out in as much detail as possible, making sure to click save at the bottom of the page. If you would like to know what we would like, you can click 'My System Specs' at the bottom left of this post to see mine. If you do not know what your components are, this will help you accomplish this task. System Info - See Your System Specs

After completing that please open a elevated command prompt ( click start, type cmd in the search box, right click on the cmd entry and select run as administrator) in the black box that opens, copy/paste sfc /scannow. If you decide to type it, notice the space between the sfc and the /. It is a system file checker which will scan your system files and attempt to correct any missing or corrupt files. What we want are the results to say windows found no integrity violations. If it says files were found but could not be repaired, close the box, reboot and run it again, after opening the administrative command prompt. You may have to reboot and run it three times for it to repair all system files. If it can't repair them after 3 reboots, let us know.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/353238-bsod-troubles-seem-while-playing-games-different-bsod-codes.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Hey I have a problem with my pc I got a few weeks ago It keeps getting the bsod and turning on and off randomly at times I use it mostly to play games and watch youtube , twitch ext.

also internet can sometimes crash pointing this out

Bsod can happen when playing a game and when on the web sometimes it wont even show the blue screen and will just restart

sometimes it can run hours without any problem

I don't know if I'm installing drives worng for my card but its getting to the point where im going to lost it
I have tested
Ram tested did 2 passes

hope you guys can help

(More Bsod updated)
(even more updated)

A:BSOD When playing games random Bsod messages

No Windows Updates installed. Most systems have 70 to 140 or more. Please visit Windows Update and get ALL available updates (it may take several trips to get them all).

Don't worry about the specific number, it's just important that you have checked and installed any updates that were available (and didn't experience any errors).

You have a 802.11n USB Wireless LAN Card:

I do not recommend using wireless USB network devices. Especially in Win8/8.1 systems.
These wireless USB devices have many issues with Win7 and later systems - using older drivers with them is almost sure to cause a BSOD.
Should you want to keep using these devices, be sure to have the latest Win8/8.1 drivers - DO NOT use older drivers!!!
An installable wireless PCI/PCIe card that's plugged into your motherboard is much more robust, reliable, and powerful.

This device is disabled. Is this deliberate? If so, why?

Multiple Card Reader USB Device USBSTOR\DISK&VEN_MULTIPLE&PROD_CARD__READER&REV_1.00\058F63666438&0 This device is disabled.

Please enable the device and then ensure that it's drivers are fully updated to the latest, Win8.1 compatible version. Then feel free to disable it again if you'd like.

Out of 14 memory dumps there were 8 different BSOD error codes. The differing error codes are usually symptomatic of a lower level problem within the system. They are usually caused by one of these things:
- borked (broken) hardware (several different procedures used to isolate the problem device)
- BIOS issues (check for updates at the motherboard manufacturer's website)
- overclocking/overheating - You'll know if you're overclocking or not. If uncertain we can suggest things to check.
- dirt/dust/hair/fur/crud inside the case. Blow out the case/vents with canned air (DO NOT use an air compressor or vacuum as they can cause damage to the system)
- missing Windows Updates
- compatibility issues (3rd party hardware/drivers), older systems, or even pirated systems
- low-level driver problems
- or even malware (scanned for when we ask for hardware diagnostics from Initial Hardware Diagnostics or Hardware Diagnostics ).

Please get a head start on the hardware diagnostics - they are located here: Hardware Diagnostics

AMD OverDrive (AODDriver2.sys) is either a stand-alone application, or a component of the AMD VISION Engine Control Center. This driver is known to cause BSOD's on some Windows systems.

NOTE: these symptoms were from the previous release of OverDrive. The new release uses the same driver name, but is dated from 4 November 2013.

Please un-install all AMD/ATI video stuff from Control Panel...Programs...Un-install a program
Then, download (but DO NOT install) a fresh copy of the ATI drivers from Global Provider of Innovative Graphics, Processors and Media Solutions | AMD (in the upper right corner of the page)
Use this procedure to install the DRIVER ONLY: ATI video cards - DRIVER ONLY installation procedure - Sysnative Forums

If the device (AODDriver or AODDriver4.01) remains a problem, open Device Manager, select the "View" item.
Then select "Show hidden devices" and scroll down to the Non-Plug and Play Drivers section.
Locate the AODDriver entry, right click on it and select "Un-install". Reboot for changes to take affect.

Sometimes the driver remains and continues to cause BSOD's. If this is the case for you, post back and we'll give further instructions for safely removing it.

If overclocking, please stop. Remove the overclock and return the system to stock/standard values while we're troubleshooting. Once the system is stable again, feel free to resume the overclocking.

Please uninstall Speedfan as it's drivers date from 2012

Beyond this I have these 4 suggestions:
1. Get ALL available Windows Updates. It may take several trips to ge... Read more

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/57878-bsod-when-playing-games-random-bsod-messages.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Greeting everyone I have a problem which i hope i can get some assist with when i play Team Fortress i got this bsod time to time - - dmp PM ATTEMPTED WRITE TO READONLY MEMORY x be aea fffff a ee a ntoskrnl exe ntoskrnl exe c NT Kernel amp System Microsoft Windows Operating System Microsoft Corporation win sp gdr - x ntoskrnl exe c C Windows Minidump - - dmp PM ntoskrnl exe ntoskrnl exe ee f fffff fffff f x ec x c PM Microsoft Windows Operating System NT Kernel amp System win sp gdr - Microsoft Corporation C Windows system ntoskrnl exe or - - dmp PM IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL x a fffffa f fcffffd fffff ce c ntoskrnl type Bsod playing Please get of 2 help Team Fortress When i 3 bsod Ty exe ntoskrnl exe c NT Kernel amp System Microsoft Windows Operating System Microsoft Corporation win sp gdr - x ntoskrnl exe c C Windows Minidump - - dmp PM ntoskrnl exe ntoskrnl Bsod When playing Team Fortress 2 i get 3 type of bsod Please help Ty exe ee b fffff fffff f x ec x c PM Microsoft Windows Operating System NT Kernel Bsod When playing Team Fortress 2 i get 3 type of bsod Please help Ty amp System win sp gdr - Microsoft Corporation C Windows system ntoskrnl Bsod When playing Team Fortress 2 i get 3 type of bsod Please help Ty exe and last - - dmp AM KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED x e ntoskrnl exe ntoskrnl exe c NT Kernel amp System Microsoft Windows Operating System Microsoft Corporation win sp gdr - x ntoskrnl exe c C Windows Minidump - - dmp AM ntoskrnl exe ntoskrnl exe b e fffff fffff f x ec x c PM Microsoft Windows Operating System NT Kernel amp System win sp gdr - Microsoft Corporation C Windows system ntoskrnl exe i hope i wrote down the right stuff i am new to this Please help

A:Bsod When playing Team Fortress 2 i get 3 type of bsod Please help Ty

Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/387528-bsod-when-playing-team-fortress-2-i-get-3-type-bsod-please-help-ty.html
Relevancy 41.28%

I just signed up and added my playing hardware) error BSOD (no Machine_Check_Exception BF4 new BSOD system specs but i just remembered BSOD playing BF4 (no new hardware) error Machine_Check_Exception BSOD that i left out a lil info for the CPU- its o c stable at and has been absolutely stable for nearly years now with that out of the way I hope you guys can help and that my registration time spent will be worth it and that I can help out in other areas as BSOD troubleshooting is not a skill of mine I had a Gigabyte r x vid card that would constantly crash my computer could not get through a round of bf I took it back and got an ASUS version of the same chipset and it seemed to solve most of the crashes I can play for a couple hours but it will still crash eventually and its not the same type of crash i used to get either this type eventually goes to a blue screen instead of indefinitely frozen and forced to hard reset Im uploading the system dump i hope i did it right if not just let me know so i can re upload it thanks a million if you can help me out

A:BSOD playing BF4 (no new hardware) error Machine_Check_Exception BSOD

figure out the UNSOLVED this thread marking option.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/314881-bsod-playing-bf4-no-new-hardware-error-machine_check_exception-bsod.html
Relevancy 41.28%

hi.
my laptop started to bsod after power failure.
since then my laptop got random bsod.
after bsod i cant startup my laptop.
need to wait about 1-2 hours to boot.

laptop specs:
intel i7-3610QM
nvidia geforce GTX 660M/2gb DDR5
RAM 8GB DDR3
HDD 750 gb 7200 rpm

i need some helps

thanks

A:BSOD after playing games + Random BSOD on startup

Welcome

Your dumps don't have a probable cause, keep blaming windows files (Not true causes)

Since everything was fine with the laptop before the power failure, your best bet would be to dismantle and reconnect all the hardware components (if you're good with it) and do a fresh install of windows on your laptop

Fill in your specs and the make of the laptop
→ System Info - See Your System Specs

See if any of these tutorials are helpful to you
→ Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Boot
→ Troubleshooting Steps for Windows 7
→ Clean Install : Factory COA Activation Key
→ Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7
→ Clean Install Windows 7
→ SSD / HDD : Optimize for Windows Reinstallation

Good luck

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/257533-bsod-after-playing-games-random-bsod-startup.html
Relevancy 41.28%

NOTE DM log collector seem to be getting stuck when collecting msinfo nfo so the attached file can be incomplete Please let me know if BSOD BSOD Update; playing Windows when games on it can take longer than minutes to collect this data so i will run the program again BSOD It started at around January th - basically when i shoot down the system theres a suprisingly short windows BSOD on Windows Update; BSOD when playing games update Then whenever i boot the PC and it starts to configure the update bluescreen pops up with an error code x E and i have to use system recovery BSOD on Windows Update; BSOD when playing games to succesfully run the system BSOD Ive never fixed BSOD on Windows Update; BSOD when playing games it and it occures since i bought the PC When i play games and very rarely when using internet browser my PC is getting random freezes display driver errors monitor is turning off and of course sometimes BSODs happen Ive tried several different drivers memory hdd tests temperatures stress tests different monitors and GPUs and plugging out in hardware inside the PC case then i gave up So basically all the BSODs listed in a ZIP file until January th are related to this problem

A:BSOD on Windows Update; BSOD when playing games

At this state make a backup of all your files and re-install windows.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/359203-bsod-windows-update-bsod-when-playing-games.html
Relevancy 41.28%

I have a 1 year old Toshiba Satellite A660:
i5-450m
Windows 7 Home premium 64bit OEM original install
4GB of ram
Geforce 330m 1GB

Recently while gaming I've been experiencing BSODs and on the blue screen it'll say something about DPC. I'm not sure what's causing this and in reliability moniter it'll usually have something about Windows failing a bugcheck a minute or so before the BSOD the bugcheck states:
The bugcheck was: 0x000000b8 (0xfffffa800a2b1b60, 0xfffff880033ddfc0, 0x0000000000000000, 0x0000000000000000)

attached is the zip file as per stickied thread

EDIT: Tried reinstalling graphics card drivers, did not solve BSOD

A:BSOD while playing a variety of games, BSOD references DPC

Before I get into anything too fancy, could you do me a favor and just reinstall your graphics driver here?
It's the faulting driver in 90% of these dumps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/187603-bsod-while-playing-variety-games-bsod-references-dpc.html
Relevancy 41.28%

I was playing Skyrim and then I hit Esc to go do something and then when I came back to my PC and sat down to play again it BSOD. Its BSOD before but I fixed it by unistalling Windows 7 and reinstalling it. Its been almost a year with out a BSOD. Now its BSODing randomly and sometimes one after another within 2-20min. I replaced my RAM in the past and that helped and also my Graphics card in the past. Im thinking it might be my graphics card. I noticed they stopped making it recently so maybe they stopped with updates too. I don't know. Just want to get my PC running smooth again.

A:BSOD while playing video games, and ever since that BSOD onsimpletasks

Your zip file doesn't contain all the information we request on the article here. Please make sure to have as many items as you can in the zip file. The most crucial items are the minidump files.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/272152-bsod-while-playing-video-games-ever-since-bsod-onsimpletasks.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Hello within this past week I have had four BSOD During each of these BSOD I was playing a Skyrim overhaul called quot Enderal quot I have played this game in the past without any BSOD problems so I am not sure if it is related to the game or not it could just be a coincidence If it is not related to the game I am playing I am quite sure it will be CPU related I learned recently that for the past five years it what is. BSOD BSOD type unsure of playing while Enderal, of my cpu has been going past the maximum recommended heat tolerance degrees Celsius often it pasts this especially while playing games it goes up to Celsius I have a new heatsink in the mail since the default one is known to be terrible Finally I have used the Disk BSOD while playing Enderal, unsure of what type of BSOD it is. Clean up to fix all the corrupted files on my machine even after doing this the BSOD persists Included with this post in some general pc info and the DM Log Collector zip file for my BSOD while playing Enderal, unsure of what type of BSOD it is. computer

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/402090-bsod-while-playing-enderal-unsure-what-type-bsod.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Hi there,
I have uploaded my BSOD debug file below if anybody can look at it and tell me what's wrong that'd be great.
Thanks for the help
AVIRAJ-PC-28_03_2015_204845_02.zip

A:BSOD Various BSOD's whlst playing games/other tasks

Hi Aviraj & Welcome to the forums ^_^,

I have analysed your dump files and below has been provided an analysis of the same for informative purposes :-
SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M (1000007e)
This is a very common bugcheck. Usually the exception address pinpoints the driver/function that caused the problem.
Let's check the stack -

Code:
7: kd> knL
# Child-SP RetAddr Call Site
00 ffffd002`01ea7970 fffff801`ae339456 nt!KxWaitForLockOwnerShip+0x12
01 ffffd002`01ea79a0 fffff801`ae2e2280 nt!MmZeroPageThread+0xc36
02 ffffd002`01ea7b80 fffff801`ae360fc6 nt!PspSystemThreadStartup+0x58
03 ffffd002`01ea7be0 00000000`00000000 nt!KiStartSystemThread+0x16

So, we see that the system was waiting to get a lock on a resource but sadly it was not fulfilled and hence the system crashed . Sadly, the dump file failed to capture the culprit in this case.

Below is a list of 3rd party drivers present on your system -

Code:
**************************Sun Mar 29 01:32:09.109 2015 (UTC + 5:30)**************************
AsUpIO.sys Tue Aug 3 08:17:59 2010 (4C57835F)
ASUSFILTER.sys Tue Sep 20 21:16:33 2011 (4E78B559)
amd_sata.sys Wed Apr 11 20:10:24 2012 (4F8597D8)
amd_xata.sys Wed Apr 11 20:10:27 2012 (4F8597DB)
AiChargerPlus.sys Thu Apr 19 06:47:35 2012 (4F8F67AF)
btfilter.sys Fri Jun 29 12:30:07 2012 (4FED5277)
AsIO.sys Wed Aug 22 15:24:47 2012 (5034AC67)
athw8x.sys Thu Jan 17 14:45:39 2013 (50F7C13B)
ndisrd.sys Thu Feb 21 08:10:15 2013 (5125890F)
RTCore64.sys Mon Mar 11 11:02:06 2013 (513D6C56)
ScpVBus.sys Mon May 6 03:01:26 2013 (5186CFAE)
Rt630x64.sys Fri Jun 21 14:59:10 2013 (51C41CE6)
asmtxhci.sys Sat Aug 17 00:58:42 2013 (520E7D6A)
asmthub3.sys Sat Aug 17 00:58:54 2013 (520E7D76)
exfat.SYS Thu Aug 22 17:10:18 2013 (5215F8A2)
asstor64.sys Mon Sep 16 14:09:08 2013 (5236C3AC)
RTKVHD64.sys Wed May 14 15:58:52 2014 (53734564)
mwac.sys Wed Jun 18 07:37:00 2014 (53A0F444)
mbam.sys Wed Sep 3 23:20:25 2014 (540754E1)
nvhda64v.sys Thu Oct 9 22:32:27 2014 (5436BFA3)
nvvad64v.sys Thu Nov 20 21:03:54 2014 (546E09E2)
MBAMSwissArmy.sys Fri Jan 9 08:15:43 2015 (54AF40D7)
NvStreamKms.sys Mon Feb 23 05:54:10 2015 (54EA732A)
SCDEmu.SYS Sat Feb 28 08:50:51 2015 (54F13413)
nvlddmkm.sys Fri Mar 13 21:09:56 2015 (550304CC)
nvvadarm.sys Fri Mar 13 21:45:56 2015 (55030D3C)

http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=AsUpIO.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=ASUSFILTER.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=amd_sata.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=amd_xata.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=AiChargerPlus.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=btfilter.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=AsIO.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=athw8x.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=ndisrd.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=RTCore64.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=ScpVBus.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=Rt630x64.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=asmtxhci.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=asmthub3.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=exfat.SYS
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=asstor64.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=RTKVHD64.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=mwac.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=mbam.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=nvhda64v.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=nvvad64v.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=MBAMSwissArmy.sys
http... Read more

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/63718-bsod-various-bsods-whlst-playing-games-other-tasks.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Not sure what is going wrong with my comp, i recently over clocked it and set it to 4.0GHz if that helps?

A:BSOD whilst playing Games, also sometimes just randomly BSOD

Problem signature:
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033

BCCode: 124
BCP2: FFFFFA800881A038
BCP3: 00000000BE000000
BCP4: 000000000100110A
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\011015-18454-01.dmp
C:\Users\Hayden\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-17960332-0.sysdata.xml

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/357932-bsod-whilst-playing-games-also-sometimes-just-randomly-bsod.html
Relevancy 41.28%

I have tried updating windows and GPU drivers, checked temps and they seemed fine. It only happens during that one game and no other apps, surfing, or games. I tried messing with video and audio settings in game. No luck on anything. I saw some other threads where users posted the BSOD report and were helped greatly, so here it goes... (attachment included)

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/396359-bsod-only-when-playing-dota-bsod-report-included.html
Relevancy 40.85%

Made a new post because I got a different BSOD. Sorry ignore this thread.

A:BSOD Playing Diablo III, also random crashes when playing Diablo III.

Anyone? Should I upload anything else?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/328140-bsod-playing-diablo-iii-also-random-crashes-when-playing-diablo-iii.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Is Windows 7 -x64 -full retail version - What is the age of system (hardware) 2 months - What is the age of OS installation 2 months

It started 3 days ago while playing Everquest 2, the cha just keep running while not pressing anything, when exit to desktop i got
Also when i'm playing windows media player and run a audiobook, it just randomly jump to other audiofiles, going crazy with playing and then crash, when I want to reboot my PC i got the BSOD
I did a win memory check 2x and it says no problems found, I just bought this rig 2 months ago. And I dont know what to do to fix it.
Please help and be mercifull as it is my first post and hopefuly did the right posting

Probleemhandtekening:
Gebeurtenisnaam van probleem: BlueScreen
Versie van besturingssysteem: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Landinstelling-id: 1043

Aanvullende informatie over dit probleem:
BCCode: 1e
BCP2: 0000000000000000
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: 0000000000000000

A:BSOD playing Everquest 2, WMP and goes crazy before BSOD

Related to Lycosa.sys Tarantula Keyboard Driver from Razer USA Ltd. Yours more than 2 years old. Update it.

Symantec is a frequent cause of BSOD's. I would remove and replace it with Microsoft Security Essentials AT LEAST TO TEST
http://us.norton.com/support/kb/web_...080710133834EN

Microsoft Security Essentials - Free Antivirus for Windows

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/221941-bsod-playing-everquest-2-wmp-goes-crazy-before-bsod.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Hello,

yesterday I got two strange BSOD-s. Got first one when I was playing BF3 and second one when I was restarting my system and right before the system went to restart. The error codes were both the same I think.
Could somebody check my dumps out and tell me which driver or hardware gave me those bsods.

Thanks!

PS. System specs are in profile. Unfortunately I got kernel memory dumps.

A:BSOD playing Battlefield 3 and one random BSOD

Quote: Originally Posted by AeroZ

Hello,

yesterday I got two strange BSOD-s. Got first one when I was playing BF3 and second one when I was restarting my system and right before the system went to restart. The error codes were both the same I think.
Could somebody check my dumps out and tell me which driver or hardware gave me those bsods.

Thanks!

PS. System specs are in profile. Unfortunately I got kernel memory dumps.

these were Related to Lycosa.sys Tarantula Keyboard Driver from Razer USA Ltd. I would re-install newest version

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/194225-bsod-playing-battlefield-3-one-random-bsod.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Whenever I play BL2... I get random BSOD's at random times. Sometimes I will get 1-2 for a 2-3 hour session, other times I will get them every 10 minutes or so. I have skype running in the background as well. I can play other games with no issues. I played a dozen plus hours of Homefront with zero crashes. Both Homefront and BL2 were played through steam. Any ideas?

A:BSOD playing Borderlands 2, multiple BSOD's

Hello bsodSUX.

The two latest crashes pointing it out towards the graphics memory, somehow.

Code:
BugCheck 1000007E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff88003d696fa, fffff88011fd5788, fffff88011fd4fe0}

Probably caused by : dxgmms1.sys ( dxgmms1!VIDMM_MEMORY_SEGMENT::EvictResource+f3a )

---------
SYMBOL_STACK_INDEX: 0

SYMBOL_NAME: dxgmms1!VIDMM_MEMORY_SEGMENT::EvictResource+f3a

FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: dxgmms1

IMAGE_NAME: dxgmms1.sys

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 4ce799c1

STACK_COMMAND: .cxr 0xfffff88011fd4fe0 ; kb

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x7E_dxgmms1!VIDMM_MEMORY_SEGMENT::EvictResource+f3a

BUCKET_ID: X64_0x7E_dxgmms1!VIDMM_MEMORY_SEGMENT::EvictResource+f3a

BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff88004502f08, fffff8800b245e60, 0}

Probably caused by : dxgmms1.sys ( dxgmms1!VidMmQueryAllocationSizeInSystemMemory+0 )

---------
SYMBOL_STACK_INDEX: 0

SYMBOL_NAME: dxgmms1!VidMmQueryAllocationSizeInSystemMemory+0

FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: dxgmms1

IMAGE_NAME: dxgmms1.sys

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 4ce799c1

STACK_COMMAND: .cxr 0xfffff8800b245e60 ; kb

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x3B_dxgmms1!VidMmQueryAllocationSizeInSystemMemory+0

BUCKET_ID: X64_0x3B_dxgmms1!VidMmQueryAllocationSizeInSystemMemory+0

---------
Look at the similarity, despite of having two totally different bugcheck codes.

First of all, update your ATI/AMD display driver.
You can get it from the link in our forum, Latest AMD Catalyst Video Driver for Windows 7, or you may go to AMD Graphics Driver and Software and opt for Automatically Detect and Install the appropriate driver for your card.

During installation, you may opt for advanced installation, and install the display driver only, not the Catalyst Control Center.

Then, tress test the Graphics Card using Furmark.
Video Card - Stress Test with Furmark

Test your RAM modules for possible errors.
How to Test and Diagnose RAM Issues with Memtest86+
Run memtest for at least 8 passes, preferably overnight.

And, stress test the video memory, too.
|MG| Video Memory Stress Test 1.7.116 Download

If you are overclocking, restore everything back to default.

Free up the startup.
Click on the Start button
Type ?msconfig (without quotes), click the resulting link. It will open the System Configuration window.
Select the ?Startup? tab.
Deselect all items other than the antivirus.
Apply > OK
Accept the restart.
Let us know the results. And, what antivirus do you use?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/275697-bsod-playing-borderlands-2-multiple-bsods.html
Relevancy 40.42%

https drive google com file d B ew usp sharing Hello sir My windows crashing everytime im playing games and that is happening with all games And i have a memory DMP file in google drive and i zipped it https drive google com file d B ew while BSOD with BSOD closing and without playing Games usp sharing Please help im just tired from that problem and nothing helped even after i installed the latest version of Games closing while playing with BSOD and without BSOD nvidia driver Im not over-clocking and also i already checked memory memtest and also there is no problem Also i have a minidump files https drive google com file d B ew usp sharing After i running Verifier and it is crashing again https drive google com file d B ew usp sharing https drive google com file d B ew usp sharing I have an Optimus Intel and NVIDIA and i updated both with intel driver utility update and Nvidia GeForce experience driver update but didnt solve my problem After that i also tried uninstalled and removed NVIDIA driver and physx completely and removed nvidia folder from program files and program data and removed all Nvidia reg keys with Ccleaner and make a clean new install of Nvidia driver from nvidia website and even that didnot solve my problem By the way My Games closing while playing with BSOD and without BSOD PC never have an overheat problem temperature from - Games closing while playing with BSOD and without BSOD C https drive google com file d B ew usp sharing I uninstalled Intel graphic driver and reinstalled clean install driver from Intel website Generic driver Intel R HD Graphics latest version but never solved my problem and continued to crash and have BSOD and here is the link for memory dump and minidump files https drive google com file d B ew usp sharing also this time there is another thing happened a new one in Nvidia driver properties in Device status This device cannot find enough resources that it can use code If you want to use this device you will need to disable one of the other devices on this system also that message was on Resouce settings too After that I readed that it is better to install OEM driver and i uninstalled Intel graphic driver and download that driver from Lenovo OEM driver Intel R HD Graphics and make a clean install and never solved crashing and BSOD Ok again i got a BSOD with a message saying a problem in memory management https drive google com file d B ew usp sharing Thanks in advance for help and precious time

A:Games closing while playing with BSOD and without BSOD

Please run the BSOD Posting instructions Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions upload them here.

Please fill out you system specs as detailed as possible
Please fill out your System Specs

Information
Your System Specs will help us to help you, and doing it in this manner will make them available to all helpers in every post and keep us from hunting for them. We ask that you fill them out in as much detail as possible including Desktop or Laptop, Model number if it is an OEM computer and all components with the Manufacturer and Model number if possible.

If you will go to your last post and click the 'System Specs' in the bottom left of the post, you will find a link to update your system specs. Please fill those out in as much detail as possible, making sure to click save at the bottom of the page. If you would like to know what we would like, you can click 'My System Specs' at the bottom left of this post to see mine. If you do not know what your components are, this will help you accomplish this task. System Info - See Your System Specs

Also, if you are getting memory management BSODs, this will show you how to run memtest86+
Please Run Memtest86+

Information
Please download from this site only http://www.memtest.org/ in the middle of the page are the Download links, you can download the ISO.zip or the Auto USB Flash Drive installer.zip

Extract the Zip file. If you chose the ISO image, burn it to a CD using Windows Disk Image Burner or any Image burner you may have. If you downloaded the Auto USB installer, extract it, insert your USB 2.0 Flash Drive and take note of the drive letter. Run the installer, select the Flash Drive Letter, check the format box and press next. It will install memtest86+ to a flash drive. You can use either V4.20 or V5.01. Boot from your selected media. If you use V5.01 it will tell you to press certain buttons at the start, please press no buttons. The test will begin on it's own and continue to run until you stop it. It needs to run for 8 complete passes or until you receive an error. If you receive an error, stop the test. Even 1 error is a fail. Each pass tests a different part of the ram and each of the 10 tests in each pass tests something different. It takes a minimum of 8 passes to completely test the ram, more passes are better. It is quite a long test and will take several hours depending on how much ram you have. Due to the time length it is best to run overnight. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/363869-games-closing-while-playing-bsod-without-bsod.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi guys first of all i want to thank you for reading my BSOD/BSOD when playing Random games thread Since last week i have been experiencing many system crashs BSOD I thought that there was some driver conflicts among the system so i decided to fresh install my Window but i couldn't find the reason I ran the Random BSOD/BSOD when playing games memtest and there was no problem too But when i installed win from win after day i started to experience BSOD repeatedly My specs Operating System Windows Pro -bit Build winblue gdr - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd System Model To be filled by O E M BIOS BIOS Date Ver Processor AMD Athlon tm X K Quad Core Processor CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Available OS Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available After many crashs i used bluescreen and found the reasons of the problem Those are quot tcpip sys quot and quot ntoskrnl exe quot Please help me i'm really frustrated right now I tried many ways but the BSOD just keep showing up

A:Random BSOD/BSOD when playing games

Hi,

Yes, thanks!

Many of the attached DMP files are of the WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (124) bugcheck.

A fatal hardware error has occurred. This fatal error displays data from the Windows Hardware Error Architecture (WHEA).

If we run an !errrec on the 2nd parameter of the bugcheck (address of the WER structure) we get the following:

Code:

===============================================================================
Section 2 : x86/x64 MCA
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Descriptor @ ffffe00001c5ca08
Section @ ffffe00001c5cb90
Offset : 664
Length : 264
Flags : 0x00000000
Severity : Fatal

Error : BUSLG_GENERIC_ERR_*_TIMEOUT_ERR (Proc 0 Bank 4)
Address : 0x00000000fe20a008
Misc. : 0xc00a0fff01000000
BUSLG_GENERIC_ERR_*_TIMEOUT_ERR

^^
This could mean a # of things, however it could mean the RAM in slot 4 of the board is faulty.

Another very important thing to note is in the DUMP itself, but not the WER structure output, is this:

MODULE_NAME: hardware

IMAGE_NAME: hardware

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x124_AuthenticAMD_PROCESSOR_BUS_PRV

BUCKET_ID: X64_0x124_AuthenticAMD_PROCESSOR_BUS_PRV

What this means is this was NOT caused by software, but an IRQ request or another hardware related issue did. Essentially there was a bus communication issue (CPU, RAM, video card itself, etc).

------------------------------

First off, let's run a Memtest. I know you said you ran it already, but run it for NO LESS than ~8 passes (several hours):

Memtest86+:

Download Memtest86+ here:

Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

Which should I download?

You can either download the pre-compiled ISO that you would burn to a CD and then boot from the CD, or you can download the auto-installer for the USB key. What this will do is format your USB drive, make it a bootable device, and then install the necessary files. Both do the same job, it's just up to you which you choose, or which you have available (whether it's CD or USB).

How Memtest works:

Memtest86 writes a series of test patterns to most memory addresses, reads back the data written, and compares it for errors.

The default pass does 9 different tests, varying in access patterns and test data. A tenth test, bit fade, is selectable from the menu. It writes all memory with zeroes, then sleeps for 90 minutes before checking to see if bits have changed (perhaps because of refresh problems). This is repeated with all ones for a total time of 3 hours per pass.

Many chipsets can report RAM speeds and timings via SPD (Serial Presence Detect) or EPP (Enhanced Performance Profiles), and some even support changing the expected memory speed. If the expected memory speed is overclocked, Memtest86 can test that memory performance is error-free with these faster settings.

Some hardware is able to report the "PAT status" (PAT: enabled or PAT: disabled). This is a reference to Intel Performance acceleration technology; there may be BIOS settings which affect this aspect of memory timing.

This information, if available to the program, can be displayed via a menu option.

Any other questions, they can most likely be answered by reading this great guide here:

FAQ : please read before posting

If Memtest has NO ERRORS after ~8 passes:

There is only so much you can do with a bugcheck like this until it comes down to a faulty processor that will need to be replaced. Start from 1 and work downward:

1. Ensure your temperatures are within standard and nothing's overheating. You can use a program such as Speccy if you'd like to monitor temps - Speccy - System Information - Free Download

2. Clear your CMOS (or load optimized BIOS defaults) to ensure there's no improper BIOS setting - How To Clear CMOS (Reset BIOS)

3. Ensure your BIOS is up to date.

4. The only software conflict that can usually cause *124 bugc... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/random-bsod-bsod-when-playing-games-736017.html
Relevancy 40.42%

I had a couple BSOD last night, while playing wow.
Updated all my drivers.
Ran Win 7 memory test and hard drive test.
No issues with hard drive.
Win 7 memory test it did indicate some issue with hardware.

I have attached the minidump files and health report.

I just downloaded memtest so i plan on running it tonight over night.

A:BSOD playing WOW, also on initial restart after BSOD

Quote: Originally Posted by Fallenangel

I had a couple BSOD last night, while playing wow.
Updated all my drivers.
Ran Win 7 memory test and hard drive test.
No issues with hard drive.
Win 7 memory test it did indicate some issue with hardware.

I have attached the minidump files and health report.

I just downloaded memtest so i plan on running it tonight over night.

Fallenalngel Hello

These crashes seem to have several causes, most pointing to memory.
You really cannot test memory with the inbuilt memory test because it is working in the environment and doesn't stress the memory enough..
Therefore please run these 3 tests.

1-Memtest.

Download a copy of Memtest86 and burn the ISO to a CD using Iso Recorder or another ISO burning program.

Boot from the CD, and leave it running for at least 5 or 6 passes.

Just remember, any time Memtest reports errors, it can be either bad RAM or a bad motherboard slot.

Test the sticks individually, and if you find a good one, test it in all slots.
2-Driver verifier

Quote:
I'd suggest that you first backup your stuff and then make sure you've got access to another computer so you can contact us if problems arise. Then make a System Restore point (so you can restore the system using the Vista/Win7 Startup Repair feature).

In Windows 7 you can make a Startup Repair disk by going to Start....All Programs...Maintenance...Create a System Repair Disc - with Windows Vista you'll have to use your installation disk or the "Repair your computer" option at the top of the Safe Mode menu .

Then, here's the procedure:
- Go to Start and type in "verifier" (without the quotes) and press Enter
- Select "Create custom settings (for code developers)" and click "Next"
- Select "Select individual settings from a full list" and click "Next"
- Select everything EXCEPT FOR "Low Resource Simulation" and click "Next"
- Select "Select driver names from a list" and click "Next"
Then select all drivers NOT provided by Microsoft and click "Next"
- Select "Finish" on the next page.

Reboot the system and wait for it to crash to the Blue Screen. Continue to use your system normally, and if you know what causes the crash, do that repeatedly. The objective here is to get the system to crash because Driver Verifier is stressing the drivers out. If it doesn't crash for you, then let it run for at least 36 hours of continuous operation (an estimate on my part).

If you can't get into Windows because it crashes too soon, try it in Safe Mode.
If you can't get into Safe Mode, try using System Restore from your installation DVD to set the system back to the previous restore point that you created.

Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable
3-System File Check

Run a system file check to verify and repair your system files.
To do this type cmd in search.
Right click to run as Administrator, then SFC /SCANNOW

Read here for more information
SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

Let us know the results from the report at the end.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/186579-bsod-playing-wow-also-initial-restart-after-bsod.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Recently I've got myself a nd monitor and my tower is in my lower right side this is how my desk looks like http deskdeck com wp-content uploa puter-Desk Games, BSOD SS Any Playing Included BSOD jpg My temps are a little bit higher now sometimes im getting some fPS drops my GPU temps when playing are going - - when idle CPU is good never goes above Using a aftermarket cooler Now i recently got a BSOD launching a BSOD Playing Any Games, BSOD SS Included game called quot Life Is Strange quot this happens in every games im tryinig to play and yes time to time theres FPS drops but only once in a while Here's some info on my AMD CC and some System Info Gyazo - b d bce f d e bbd d cef a png Gyazo - d e e eb d a b png Gyazo - e e b b fce d BSOD Playing Any Games, BSOD SS Included png here's my dmp file http www media fire com download sb hnch rxahq - - dmp remove space in the middle of media and fire I've heard that using a program called MSI Afterburner can help me by increasing fan speed to decrease temperature any thoughts I would really like to fix this soon its been happening since last month thanks Image View - TIS The BSOD sorry i couldn't capture every words i was just shocked when it happened and quickly grabbed my camera P

A:BSOD Playing Any Games, BSOD SS Included

You need to post in the BSOD forum following Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/377067-bsod-playing-any-games-bsod-ss-included.html
Relevancy 39.99%

So I play a lot of games on high settings like Skyrim, Saints Row 4, Portal 2 and now I've started playing AC4. For the first time after 2 months with this build I've gotten a BSOD. The first one I quickly figured out to be me forgetting to leave open a daemon driver, this one I just can't seem to figure out. Any help would be great!

I have attached the SF_debug result, thanks!

A:BSOD while playing and only while playing AC4

Hi there,

The first two drivers pointed to are from Avast,

Code:
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for aswSnx.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for aswSnx.sys
Driver Reference Table - aswSnx.SYS

Code:
Unable to load image \??\C:\Windows\system32\drivers\aswSP.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for aswSP.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for aswSP.sys
Driver Reference Table - aswSP.SYS

Uninstall that AV Uninstallers and install

Microsoft Security Essentials - Microsoft Windows as it's known to not cause crashes.

The other driver is your display driver,

Code:
Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\atikmdag.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atikmdag.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmdag.sys
atikmdag+0x7e901

Code:
start end module name
fffff880`1104f000 fffff880`11c96000 atikmdag T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: atikmdag.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\atikmdag.sys
Image name: atikmdag.sys
Timestamp: Fri Aug 30 17:02:50 2013 (522132AA)
CheckSum: 00BF596C
ImageSize: 00C47000
That is the 13.9 driver we usually recommend, you can try a clean install of that,

How-To Uninstall AMD Catalyst Drivers From A Windows Based System

Drivers - Clean Left over Files after Uninstalling

Previous AMD Catalyst? Display Drivers

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/324507-bsod-while-playing-only-while-playing-ac4.html
Relevancy 39.13%

Hello all,

I've been having a few problems with my laptop since I bought it. The problem mainly occurs when I'm playing a game (usually xcom: enemy unknown or deus ex HR at the moment) but has occurred when I'm browsing the internet (albeit far less often). The BSODs appear to be random but I'm using a blue tooth mouse and have noticed the BSOD will usually happened if I'm using it. I've also noticed that my laptop screen with black out for a split second on games that are quite graphics intensive for my system.

Its been frustrating me a lot so I reinstalled and fully updated windows 7. The GPU drivers are all up to date also.

I've attached the SF file that is required and would greatly appreciate any help.

Thanks for your time

A:BSOD whilst playing various games. Also happens when not playing games

Welcome to the Forum.

Just to make a note, you are having lot of different codes:

Code:
BugCheck 4E, {9a, 1c2cb0, 3, 0}
BugCheck A, {0, 2, 1, fffff800030c5e4e}
BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff800033f55b0, fffff8800e164e00, 0}
BugCheck A, {5a31618, 2, 1, fffff800030e80d8}
BugCheck 1E, {0, 0, 0, 0}
BugCheck D1, {5b, 2, 0, fffff88000e11993}
BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff800033db5b0, fffff8800b079f40, 0}
BugCheck D1, {5b, 2, 0, fffff88000e78993}
BugCheck 1000007E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff8800144b039, fffff880037473d8, fffff88003746c30}
BugCheck 19, {3, fffffa8011ca7f40, fffffa8011ca7fb0, fffffa8011ca7f40}
Free up the start up:
Startup Programs - Change
Your antivirus is the only thing that's really needed there.

Run a system file check and disk check on your Hard drives:
SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker
Disk Check

Trend Micro can be a cause of BSOD's. Uninstall for testing purpose.
Sony Firmware Extension Parser driver - 2007 version has BSOD issues in Win7
Western Digital SCSI Arcitecture Model (SAM) WDM driver [br] 2008 driver version has known BSOD issues in Windows

Uninstall the above software using the free version of Revo Uninstaller. While uninstalling a software, opt for advance uninstall. This allows you to remove and delete registry left over of a stubborn program. Download Revo Uninstaller Freeware - Free and Full Download - Uninstall software, remove programs, solve uninstall problems

Use Microsoft Security Essentials & the Free version of Malwarebytes, update and make a full scan separately:
Microsoft Security Essentials - Microsoft Windows
Malwarebytes Free
Do not start the free trial, un-tick that option.

Make scans with:
Kaspersky TDSSKiller - TDSSKiller Rootkit Removal Utility Free Download | Kaspersky Lab US
ESET online scanner - Online Virus Scanner Eset

Test RAM with memtest86+:
Pay close attention to part 3 of the tutorial "If you have errors"

Bugcheck

Code:
Built by: 7601.18113.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.130318-1533
Debug session time: Sat Jul 13 05:52:07.477 2013 (UTC + 6:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 1:01:59.710
BugCheck 4E, {9a, 1c2cb0, 3, 0}
Probably caused by : dxgmms1.sys ( dxgmms1!VIDMM_SEGMENT::SafeUnlockPages+31 )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x4E_9a
PROCESS_NAME: dxhr.exe
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Debug session time: Sat Jul 13 04:49:27.394 2013 (UTC + 6:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:45:15.627
BugCheck A, {0, 2, 1, fffff800030c5e4e}
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KiSignalSynchronizationObject+4e )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0xA
PROCESS_NAME: ZeroConfigServ
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Debug session time: Sat Jul 13 03:59:20.770 2013 (UTC + 6:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 2:01:07.613
BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff800033f55b0, fffff8800e164e00, 0}
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!ObDereferenceSecurityDescriptor+20 )
PROCESS_NAME: ZeroConfigServ
Debug session time: Sat Jul 13 01:49:52.769 2013 (UTC + 6:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:33:15.002
BugCheck A, {5a31618, 2, 1, fffff800030e80d8}
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KiTryUnwaitThread+28 )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0xA
PROCESS_NAME: svchost.exe
Debug session time: Fri Jul 12 17:07:27.471 2013 (UTC + 6:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:04:09.705
BugCheck 1E, {0, 0, 0, 0}
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for NETwNs64.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for NETwNs64.sys
Probably caused by : nwifi.sys ( nwifi!Etw... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/297156-bsod-whilst-playing-various-games-also-happens-when-not-playing-games.html
Relevancy 39.13%

So here is that zip file from dm log collector

JACKS-PC-Fri_28_11_2014_124942_40.zip

My computer also isn't recording BSOD's any more

Even with these settings

Thanks for any help guys

A:BSOD while playing LoL - Not recording BSOD's

Well since LoL is causing the problem i would start off with upgrading my graphics driver. Also i would add LoL to the whitelist in my antivirus too.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/353586-bsod-while-playing-lol-not-recording-bsods.html
Relevancy 39.13%

System Specs:
ACPI x64 based PC
WDC WD10EARS-00MVWB0
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 Ti
TSSTcorp CDDVDW SH-S223C
Intel i7 2600k

My computer screen suddenly blinked this morning, then it recovered and I didn't mind it. Then, when I was playing LoL, this problem kept persisting. The screen blinked on and off probably six to seven times, then it recovered again. A few hours later it blinked again and it suddenly restarted. After that, I could log-in, but then the screen was black, without even a mouse pointer. A few mins later my desktop miraculously appeared, and then it blinked and restarted itself again.

Current steps I've taken:

Last Known Good Configuration (after about three times of repeated auto-restarts)
Uninstalled AVG

I am currently running in safe mode + networking.

A:BSOD while playing games, then BSOD more.

Hi,
The installation is non-genuine.
The Key is that of the Lenovo Stolen Key 22TKD-F8XX6-YG69F-9M66D-PMJBM which is blocked from activation and validation by Microsoft.

The best course of action is to:Purchase a legitimate Windows 7 licence.
Format the HDD.
Reinstall Windows and activate.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/296860-bsod-while-playing-games-then-bsod-more.html
Relevancy 38.27%

There is a problem when during the installation, The 1st disc loads ok but when the second one goes in it just repeats the error message disc not found. The funny thing is i tryed installing another game and i had the exact same problem. Another strange thing is we recently installed a new disc drive and that had the exact same problem as the old one. Is it a problem with the actual CD's or is it a problem with the computer/something we havent updated.

A:Age of Empires III Help

i had that problem with doom 3 when i first got it, turns out i had to update the drivers on my motherboard, for whatever reason.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/age-of-empires-iii-help.418907/
Relevancy 38.27%

Hey I just got Age of Empires 2 (just cause I had some money to waste) and the graphics suck. Many people told me this game is really awesome but I think it sucks. Is there any way to improve the graphics? I have a GeForce mx440 AGP graphics card.

A:Age of Empires 2

The game is already quite a few years old...
I play that game on an 8Mb video card, and the graphics are probably just as good as what you get with your GeForce.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/age-of-empires-2.171359/
Relevancy 38.27%

Can't wait for it, gettin it the day it comes out. Has anyone actually formed a clan or anything yet?

Demo is kinda gay, no deathmatch

Relevancy 38.27%

anyone know where i can find a download of the original age of empires? I have the rise of rome expansion cd, and dont really need the 1st cd. I have used bearshare, edonkey, and scoured the web to no avail. Someone help this good 'ol gamer out
thanx

Relevancy 38.27%

I couldn't find the game forum so i put this in here. When I try to play my age of empires 2 conquerers expansion on xp it doesn't work. It goes through the intro but then it says not responding when it gets to the start menu. Any help would be much appreciated.

A:age of empires help

Hi and welcome. Moved to games forum.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/age-of-empires-help.142470/
Relevancy 38.27%

Ok so I have an error code 1935 when installing the game. I have no idea on how to fix this I have tried getting MSXLM4 but it gives me an assembly error when installing that...I'am on Windows Vista 32bit. If someone could help me with this I would very thankfull.

Here is the exact error message I receive during installation of this game:

Error 1935.An error occurred during the installation of assembly
'Microsoft.MSXML2,publicKeyToken="6bd6b9a bf345378f",version="4.1.0.0",type="win32" ,processorArchitecture="x86".Please refer to Help and Support for more information. HRESULT: 0x80070002.

A:Age Of Empires 3 (HELP)

Hello Coldwave44 and welcome to the forums

Firstly, does your computer meet the minimum requirements?
Secondly, where did you get this game from?

Also, take a look at this:

Microsoft Games: MSXML Error Message

Tom

http://www.vistax64.com/gaming/280867-age-empires-3-help.html
Relevancy 38.27%

I guess before I get long and drawn out I should ask if it is possible to have two computers connected with a router be able to play in the same Age of Empires game with others that aren't connected to the router. Both of the lanned computers can play eachother off of the internet but We're having trouble both playing the same online multiplayer game. So if thats possible i would be very grateful with any help anyone could provide.

Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lan-and-age-of-empires.151855/
Relevancy 38.27%

I uninstalled age of empires and for some reason I cannot reinstall it? Any help would be appreciated thanks

Relevancy 38.27%

my age of empires which is just over a year old will not work on my new computer it starts to load and then stops for good on disc 1 any ideas please?

A:Age of empires III

What are your computer's specs? Do they match the games requirement?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/age-of-empires-iii.1053570/
Relevancy 38.27%

I have just recently installed aoe2 conq expansion, and I am trying to play it online again. But I need to update the game, and everytime I attempt to do it, it tells me I do not have the retail copy of the game installed, yet i have the discs sitting infront of me.

I have tried running the patch in administrative rights, and tried running it under windows xp sp2 installation type, neither have worked. I have reinstalled the game multiple times, with no success. Can someone please help meh?

A:Age of empires..

I wouldn't classify this as being a windows problem. If you are 100% you typed the serial key in correctly this may be one of the possible issues:

What often happens with games like Age of Empires is that "crackers" or people looking to play these games for free create "serial gens". When the company picks up on serial numbers they believe to have come from a keygen, they often blacklist them, which consequently ends up denying the illegals users when they try to Update the game. You key might have been part of the algorithm from a keygen, thus blacklisted.

This may or may not be the case for you, but I see that as the only possible reason at this point.

Hope this helped,

http://www.vistax64.com/gaming/212735-age-empires.html
Relevancy 38.27%

Ok so i just got the game, age of empires 3, and each time i try and install the game (custom or express) it says it cannot find C:\ProgramFiles(x86)\MicrosoftGames\AgeofEmpires3\avi\Act3FinalCine.bik. when this happens the error window opens and says: "Error 1305 trouble reading C:\ProgramFiles(x86)\MicrosoftGames\AgeofEmpires3\avi\Act3FinalCine.bik Press retry if the file does exist or cancel to exit". Of course, i press retry and about every 4 minuets the same error window opens. this happens until i cancel the installation.

I am using vista and the program requires XP... please help meee

Relevancy 38.27%

i installed age of empires 3 , after the intro when it goes to the main menu screen my screen is a pulsating orange without any options on it. i put in the vista patch , no change. age 2 works fine though ?

A:age of empires 3

Hi the game has a few known issues with running of windows vista, best thing to try is running it in windows XP compatibility mode you can do this by right clicking the desktop icon and selecting properties.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/age-of-empires-3-a-691947.html
Relevancy 38.27%

I am not able to play on microsoft gaming zone for aoe2, I have uninstalled and rebooted several times, and stil I get a message that "cannot detect game on my hard drive,please install then try again" help!

A:age of empires 2

Has it worked at any time prior?

Also have you checked Microsoft's site for any patches / updates?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/age-of-empires-2.344034/
Relevancy 38.27%

I try to play Age of Empires II The Age of Kings.
The problem is, when i play against the computer, the opponent always give up in 15 minutes play.

What is the faulth here.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/age-of-empires-ii-289776.html
Relevancy 38.27%

Hello guys,
I've got a fully working client server enviroment with windows server 2003 and routing eand remote access, all working fine.

When i want to host or join a game, AoE3 displays my hardware ethernet cards' ip adres.

Anyone? how can we manipulate AoE3 so that i sees the ip address of my VPN connection?

sorry for my english >> just a dutchman
grtn menzo

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/age-of-empires-3-over-vpn.411528/
Relevancy 38.27%

I'm buying a laptop with a NVIDIA GeForce 7150M video card, will my age of empires 3 game work if i lower the graphics settings?

A:Age of empires 3

Why make two threads? Other people need help too.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/age-of-empires-3.614034/
Relevancy 38.27%

Hi friends! i tried to install age of empires and road rash in my system when the system suddenly restarted on its own.. when i removed the cd.. all was fine... what would be the problem??? any ideas please??

Relevancy 38.27%

Hi Guys,

Just bought second hand original games Age of Empires 3..
Install everything - was so happy to start the games

then damn it - it got error tat saying my pc - cannot find the msxml 4.0 file as it need this to run the game..

All my pc are updated with latest windowsupdate and everything...still can't get the game
work..

Anyone know how to start tis...thanx for the help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/age-of-empires-3.461116/
Relevancy 38.27%

hairybusdriver Member with posts Join Date Mar Location waterford ct Experience Advanced -Jul- PM Solved Age of empires installation problem well this is what happened my brother uninstalled the game and i wanted to play it so i went to reinstall the game and I when i put the install cd in the only options you get are to uninstall the game which already happened or to play it If you try and play it of Age Empires you get a an error message saying it cant find the age exe file Answer ToXiCaTioN d Member with posts Join Age of Empires Date Jul Location Canada Experience Intermediate Another registry problem No problem it s common that your brother did this and it shouldn t be a problem If you are willing to mess around with the registry then follow the steps below I will also show you how to backup the registry Please note that these Age of Empires steps may vary between XP and Vista I apologize if my information is incorrect for the Vista operating system How to check Age of Empires the Registry Press start the windows logo in Vista then click Run Type regedit in the box that was just opened Find quot HKEY CURRENT USER quot and expand it by clicking the cross beside it Find Software and expand it with the cross Find Microsoft under Software and expand it with the cross Find Microsoft Games under Microsoft Find Age of Empires right click and delete Restart then try the installation again Me No no not quot HKEY CURRENT USER quot but quot HKEY Local Machine quot and then expand It worked nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/age-of-empires.757924/
Relevancy 38.27%

I just formated my computer and I cant install Age of Empires 3 again......

The installation starts, but then it stops and a message pops up...

" Failed to Load " sse.dll
error 0x80040702

Ive looked arround, but i dont get why i had no problem before and now i do......My PC complies with all of the requirements
its a AMD Athlon 3800+ 2.4GHz, 1.5 GB memory, and a Radeon x700 256mb card.

Any Help?? galo

Relevancy 38.27%

i play age of empire 3 and the warchiefs and every now and then i get a message say that the game has accounted a problem and needs to close, i also get an option to send an error report, what can i do to stop this happening and where do the error reports go so i can check on the problem?

cheers

A:Age of Empires

AoE3 is graphically intensive, so I would look at your video card first. What type is it?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/age-of-empires.877575/
Relevancy 38.27%

Hi I am trying to connect to my friend to play aoe2 the expansion and am having some problems. As Microsoft appear to be a bunch of cheap [email protected]#%s and have retired the gaming lobby on the zone I am trying to connect through ip to my friend who is on a wireless router. When he searches for games I hosted with my ip none come up. I have added the port 47624 Incoming, as it says to do on the microsoft support website.(http://support.microsoft.com/kb/895864/en-us) Also I am using the windows exp firewall and it is allowing age of empires 2. I tried disconnecting my Linksys wrt54g router and my friend was able to see and join my game but I need the router for my other computer. Until today I had no idea how the ports work so my knowledge of them is still very basic. Thanks in advance, Morgan.

A:Age of empires 2

Gamepark.eu

Vetev.com

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/age-of-empires-2.538085/
Relevancy 38.27%

Calling all Age of Empires II fans... On the create an scenerio I can't seem to make gold or stone areas for the villagers to go and dig. Can anyone help find out how?

I would appreciate the help very much!

Relevancy 38.27%

Hey guys. I have had AOE2 for a long while. Its a great game
I recently installed it on my new computer, and it all worked fine as I, of course, would have expected. But lately, when I run it, it only gets past the pregame cinematics and I have a blank black screen.
I have no idea why this is but I have a problem which I think maybe related. When I turn on my computer (running Windows XP sp2), I get a message: "Runtime erro '76'. Path no found."...
I dont know if this is anything to do with my AOE problem.
Can anyone tell me what could possible be going wrong and how I might go about fixing it?

P.S I have reinstalled it many times over.

Thank you for your time.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/age-of-empires-2.559243/
Relevancy 38.27%

Hey me and some friends are trying to play Age of empires 2 via hamachi.

We downloaded the game because none of us have visa and cannot find the game in Malta. the game runs perfectly, we join a game created by one of us but when we press on start, an error pops up requiring the cd rom.
when we tried playing the conquerers, the game version changes when everyone presses ready.

any ideas?

Only idea is get a legal version of the game. What you've bumped into is a simple security measure to stop people using the same game many times, under the logic that friends who share the game will want to play each other. Since you'll all have used the same security key it won't let you play. You need to get a different key for each computer.

Don't just try putting a random bunch of numbers in either, they have a very fancy way to make sure its a valid key. And if you insist upon trying downloaded keys, don't ask for help here. Breaking copy protection breaks the rules of this site.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/age-of-empires-2.834011/
Relevancy 38.27%

i can not play on multiplayer with ym friends. when one of my frinds host it all the other can join but i cant i type in the host name or ip address to join the game but it just dosent show up cna you please help me

Are you behind a router? If so, you probably need to use port forwarding for it to work correctly. Go to www.portforward.com, find your router, and the game you're trying to play, and it should give you a guide on how to do it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/age-of-empires-2.637965/
Relevancy 38.27%

Am looking at re-installing Windows and don't want to lose my saved games from AOE3, have had a look around and cannot see where the games are saved, can anyone help?

A:Age of Empires III

I belive they're kept under your My Documents folder try looking there

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/age-of-empires-iii.574821/
Relevancy 38.27%

When I go to the Age Of Empires Multiplayer Connection screen and it ask for my connection type I'll click Internet TCP/IP connection for direct play. I'll then create a game and give my cousin my IP address. He'll type and in and press enter but it always fails. Also when we go online to ZONE.com to play WE can never host a game because when we launch, it always fails. Can you guys give some insite into this problem?

Thanks,
mirvin72

Relevancy 38.27%

hay,
Whenever i ask my friend to play age of empires with me it never works!!! All that happends is that when i ask him he accepts and then i go to the start game sceen and then the person i am playing with, his computer just freezes on starting multiplayer. How can i get this to work?

Relevancy 38.27%

hi guys im a newbie 3 Age empires of and basically i got Age of empires my basic PC specs are Intel pentium GHz Mb DDR Gb Geforce MX which i hear is REALLY BAD for some reason my computer cannot handle Age of empires 3 the full effects of the game Age of empires 3 so i had to make the graphics of the game to a minimum as the program kept on crashing when i save a game and load it up another day the game is paused this is all fine until it i want to play the loaded game there is a quot GAME PAUSED quot writing on the screen i have tried every effort to try and unpause the game but i have had no luck i click on quot menu quot and then click it again to see if that works on doing this in addition to quot GAME PAUSED quot it said quot GAME RESUMED quot But the game did not unpause with the quot GAME PAUSED quot writing still there sorry if its confusing basically i am unable to unpause the game when i load a game up i have tried every key on the keyboard and alas no luck i have the lastest AoE patch on it i think it is v hopefully i can get some help thanks nbsp

Relevancy 38.27%

i recently borrowed the game aoe3 from my friend. to install it, it said that i needed to put the disk in, and drag it to my hard disk. so i dragged, clicked and it gave me a message saying that the program could not be run from the cdr. so i tried ejecting the disk and doing it that way, but it said that the disk must be in the machine. any help would be appreciated. by the way, i have a mac g5 if that makes any difference.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/age-of-empires-3.760357/
Relevancy 38.27%

Yeah i know theirs already been a thread but im just giving myself a headache over this and need to find a solution.
But i just got the new Age of emipires game (age of emipiresIII) And im having problems.

Bassically I start to install the program and all goes fine, then it starts installing a program called soundbar.exe. It then stops and come up with a message saying it cant be retrived and ends the whole installation.

Ive tried Mutiple times and it just wont work.
Im running on Xp
Have the latest version of Directx 9.0c
Just recently got a new video card and a couple of months new graphics and sound cards.
Ive tried Turning my firewall of, nothing.

Ive tried everything!

I bought it aswell it isnt from a torrent or anything.

Someone please help.

Oli.

A:Age of empires

what are your computer specs?

and could you possible get a screen shot of the error?

are your sound card and video card drivers updated?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/age-of-empires.418096/
Relevancy 38.27%

Hi,

when I try to reinstall my copy of AOE 3, shortly after inserting disc 2, it comes up with an error.

"Error 1305.error reading from file C:\Program Files\Microsoft games\Age of Empires 3\Sound\cinematics\01A\Coast1.mp3. Verify that the file exists and that you can access it."

The file is in the directory above.
I checked the cd and it is clean and there is no visible damage on either side.

I have had no problem installing it up till now.

Anyone know whats wrong?

My PC specs:

Asus A8N SLI Deluxe
Athlon 64 3700+ San Diego (OC 2.5 Ghz)
Gainward 6800 Ultra 256mb - gold sample
2 x 1 GB PC3200 Corsair value select - duel channel
LITE-ON Combo CD RW/DVD ROM
Maxtor 80GB IDE 8mb cache
Maxtor 200GB IDE 2mb cache

A:Age of Empires 3

did you preform a clean uninstall?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/age-of-empires-3.431038/
Relevancy 38.27%

I know your all probably thinking, what age of empires ? but yes im trying to run this game and unfortunatly ive run into an old bug and cant get by it. When i run the game i get an error message saying "could not initialize graphics system, please make sure your graphics card and driver are compatibale with direct draw", well my graphics card is i have a NVIDEA GeForce Go 7300 in a brand new toshiba satelite pro 2100, witch can run any game i have, even the top end ones. i've checked the microsoft site and followed all of there "resolutions" and none of them worked. And after hours on the net i still cant fix it
Any support would gladly be appreciated