Windows Support Forum

BSOD while plugging USB stick

Q: BSOD while plugging USB stick

Attached logs please check it and help me

SF_30-09-2013.zip

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: BSOD while plugging USB stick

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: BSOD while plugging USB stick

Hello Zino0001,

Your system specs say that you have Windows 7 Professional x32, but your MSINFO tells us that you are running Windows 7 Ultimate x32. Please update your system specs to stop confusion.

----------

Code:
OS Name Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
Version 6.1.7600 Build 7600
Please install Service Pack 1 and all available updates.
Please read this before installing; How to install Service Pack 1
Service Pack Center

----------

There seem to be no dump files in your .zip. Please follow this to upload them;
Navigate to C:\WINDOWS\Minidump (Replace C: with the letter of the drive where you installed Windows on).
Select all the files there by clicking on the first file, holding down the SHIFT key, and clicking on the last file.
Copy all files by hitting Ctrl+C.
Create a folder on your desktop called "Dumpfiles" and paste all .dmp files in that folder.
Right click on the folder and click on Send to. Then click on Compressed (zipped) folder.
This will create a .zip called Dumpfiles.zip on your desktop.
Please upload the .zip file by following this tutorial.If your Windows is not set to create dump files upon a BSOD, please follow this tutorial to configure it.
If no dump files are found in that folder, please report back.

----------

Please reduce the items that run at start up. You basically only need your anti virus to run at start up, all other programs are not necessary and can be removed from the start up list.
Check this tutorial to see how to add or remove start up items.

----------

What Anti Virus software are you currently using and have you recently done a full system scans with it?

----------

Please use the SFC /SCANNOW command as displayed in option two of this tutorial.
Click on the .
Open an elevated command prompt.
Type "SFC /SCANNOW" without the quotations.
Let SFC do it's thing, and then prompted to, restart.

If SFC found and repaired anything, please do the following:
When restarted, open an elevated command prompt.
Type (or copy) the following, this will create a .txt file on your desktop;
findstr /c:"[SR]" %windir%\Logs\CBS\CBS.log >"%userprofile%\Desktop\sfcdetails.txt"
In your next reply, please attach this file using the method displayed in this tutorial.

Good luck and keep us posted,
Nommy

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/306673-bsod-while-plugging-usb-stick.html
Relevancy 80.41%

I am at a loss. I am not sure what is causing the issue but a cannot get a USB memory stick to work on any of my 4 USB ports. My USB mouse and Galaxy 3 phone connect and work fine but as soon as I plug in a memory stick... BSOD. Please help. Logs are uploaded in Zip.

A:BSOD HP ProBook 4530s when plugging in USB memory stick

Hi and welcome,

From your logs:

Code:

* Bugcheck Analysis *
Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.
BugCheck 1000007E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff88000db4079, fffff880033b5288, fffff880033b4ae0}
Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\Sftfslh.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for Sftfslh.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for Sftfslh.sys
Probably caused by : partmgr.sys ( partmgr!PmGlobalDispatch+69 )
STOP 0x0000007E: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED
Usual causes: Insufficient disk space, Device driver, Video card, BIOS, Breakpoint with no debugger attached, Hardware incompatibility, Faulty system service, Memory, 3rd party remote control,

These drivers need updating:

Code:

Driver: Sftfslh.sys
Refers to: Microsoft Application Virtualization (App-V) driver
:ar: http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/enterprise/products-and-technologies/virtualization/app-v.aspx
Remove these Mcafee leftover drivers:

Code:

Drivers: MfeEpePc.sys and MfeEpeOpal.sys
Refers to: Endpoint Encryption from McAfee, Inc.
:ar: http://mcafee-removal-tool.com/

Code:

Driver: athrx.sys
Dated: Thu Oct 25 03:31:15 2012
Refers to: Qualcomm Atheros AR9285 network adapter driver
:ar: http://www.atheros.cz/atheros-wireless-download.php?chipset=37&system=5
Use the "Click for download" button" and update.

Code:

Driver: ACFSDK64.sys
Refers to: Conexant Diagnostic Interface x64 Driver
Dated: Thu Mar 15 23:08:46 2007
Driver: ACFXAU64.sys
Refers to: Conexant SoftK56 Modem Driver
Dated: Wed Apr 29 19:21:34 2009
:ar: http://www.conexant.com/support/Pages/default.aspx
Remove this program as windows does not require such programs
and they may do more harm that good:

Code:

Registry Kit
For your USB issue, please firstly follow this tutorial and see if that sorts it out?:

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/165554-usb-driver-general-fix-problems.html

Also I would suggest to Free up the startup/Disable Startup Programs
as there are an excessive amount of startup progs:

1. Click on the Start button
2. Type “msconfig" (without quotes), click the resulting link. It will open the System Configuration window.
3. Select the “Startup” tab.
4. Deselect all items other than the antivirus / essential items.
Apply > OK
5. Click the "Services" tab, click the "Hide All Microsoft Services" box, then click Disable All.
Click OK, then restart the computer.

Run these tests and post back results:

SFC to check the integrity of all Windows 7 system files: Click on Start > Type in search cmd
Right-click cmd after results are displayed and Run as Administrator
Type SFC /scannow at the prompt
(Note: There is a space between SFC and /scannow)
SFC Tutorial

Note
Select option two. If any problems are found, run the scan 3 times and immediately
reboot the computer after each scan.

Also run chkdsk in an elevated command prompt in order to check for file system errors and bad sectors on your HDD:
Click on Start>Type in search cmd
Right click cmd and Run as Administrator
At the command prompt please type: chkdsk /f/r
(There is a space between chkdsk and /f/r)
Chkdsk Tutorial

Take memtest. Run for 8 passes and test each stick in a know good slot for an additional 6 passes.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/105647-ram-test-memtest86.html

Tip
Run these tests overnight

Also please ensure you have the latest Windows updates installed.

Che... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/289658-bsod-hp-probook-4530s-when-plugging-usb-memory-stick.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Hi I Got my XPS nbsp nbsp nbsp Build Date nbsp Dec- - Bios Ver UEFI The fault I was able to find so far that is Crackling power Noise supply. plugging 9550 and Dell un XPS speakers plugging 15 coming from when disturbing issue Condition nbsp - quot When pressing nbsp brightness keys F -F quot little crackling distorted noise from speakers Condition - quot When music playing out of speakers nbsp also at sometimes can hear crackling noise coming quot like speakers can t handle the frequency properly Condition major one nbsp - nbsp quot At the time of plugging in power supply Dell XPS 15 9550 Crackling Noise coming from speakers when plugging and un plugging power supply. in or out of laptop quot nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Dell XPS 15 9550 Crackling Noise coming from speakers when plugging and un plugging power supply. nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp When video audio u-tube playing I can hear nbsp short crackling noise nbsp lasting about - seconds output nbsp sound also gets distorted nbsp coming from laptop speakers same results happening when using headphones except crackling noise less noticeable sounds becomes more distorted like a tape that about to get jammed So not sure what s goin on there I nbsp have latest Audio Realtek driver installed amp Bios As far as power laptop came with W so crackling happening even with W also I have Precision m laptop that use same power source try that as well same results so it is not defective power supply it is something else Makes me believe that issue with speakers hardware picking up some kind of interference nbsp or crammed to close or insulation are very poor Will be returning that one for full refund as this one I got for gift cant give it like that but I have ordered so will try another one soon and also nbsp CPU throtling as mention still nbsp not nbsp happening when plugging power source to sum up the major nbsp issue I experienced is the speakers as very poor sound with crackling noise here and there power supply nbsp plugging un plugging nbsp while audio playing cause most cracking noise plugging headphones in and out while sound is playing sometimes becomes unresponsive crashing So the speakers and sound nbsp quality output nbsp are very poor on this one besides nbsp that seems to be good Feed back would be good Did anyone experience similar issue and if yes what was your resolution possible fix hardware replacement drivers ect settings adjustments Regards Edward

A:Dell XPS 15 9550 Crackling Noise coming from speakers when plugging and un plugging power supply.

Hi Edwards, I am facing exactly the same issue as yours. First they delay the product, then they cancel the product and when they finally ship the product has issues. Please let me know if you found any solution for this

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19666130
Relevancy 53.32%

BSOD code x A Sorry for my mistake and eror thanks you I start I bought all the piece separatly in When the lga first came out Played with my pc for over years 1 while = stick (NO ram ram stick running of 2 for a after BSOD) BSOD without any issue and suddently BSOD started make some google search removed stick of ram and TADA brand new no more crash i tought my stick of ram was bad but no remplaced the one with the other and still no crash when i add both it crash As said in the description stick of ram no matter wich one do not crash my pc even if it run for days in a row i tried many 1 stick ram (NO BSOD) 2 stick of ram = BSOD after running for a while slot not all but many still no crash Crash happen when i add a second stick of ram the pc boot as normal but after running for a while may be hour or hours it will eventually crash When i play Gta V or any 1 stick ram (NO BSOD) 2 stick of ram = BSOD after running for a while big game it took about mins to crash so i tried these ''Fix'' Tried all other red slot tied reset cpu overclock to default ghz tried lower ram mhz default and drop to tried 1 stick ram (NO BSOD) 2 stick of ram = BSOD after running for a while lastest bios update still not working tried install windows on a fresh partition of my hdd it wont even install windows with stick but it do with tried to do the good old trick blow all my lung in the motherboard slot stil crash tried windows memory disagnostic no eror found basically with stick of ram i can do what ever i like it goes Like new the second i add one BSOD ps first upload is the test with stick and second one is the test with stick if it can help

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/384593-1-stick-ram-no-bsod-2-stick-ram-bsod-after-running-while.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Here are my specs Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Professional Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Pentium R CPU G GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Intel R HD Graphics Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Plugging USB causes in BSOD Total - Plugging in USB causes BSOD MB Free - MB E Total - MB Free - MB F Total - MB Free - MB G Total - MB Free - MB K Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd Z X-UD H-BK-CF Antivirus AVG AntiVirus Free Edition Updated and Enabled Recently whenever Plugging in USB causes BSOD I plug a large-capacity USB thumb drive into my computer I immediately generate a blue screen When I say large capacity Plugging in USB causes BSOD this has happened with a -GB drive and a My Passport drive of GB Other drives of GB or less have not been a problem The error print-out is BCCode c BCP BCP BCP A BCP B OS Vers Svc Pack Product I was able to locate the dump file but don t know how to read it How can I upload it to the Forum When I try to use the Upload a File button it doesn t recognize the file in Windows Explorer Do I have to change the extension or change it to a zip file to send it A second file a sysdata xml file in my USERS folder I was not able to find Can somewhat experienced with dump files suggest a solution I tried going back to a recover point but unfortunately the last one that is stored in my computer dates from a time after this problem first started I have tried upgrading all of my USB drivers but they all seem to be operating fine nbsp

Relevancy 52.03%

I have tried contacting TC Electronic and posted on their forums to no avail so far so I am hoping people here can help me I recently purchased the TC Desktop Konnekt mic instrument preamp audio interface and every time I connect it to my laptop via firewire it crashes my computer shortly after I have updated all of my drivers including my firewire driver I installed the latest 6 Konnekt when in BSoD plugging version of TC Near the interface program allegedly compatible with Win -bit tried using a power strip AND direct wall socket for the power supply reformatting my HDD scanned for viruses etc made sure TC Near was formatted correctly for the hardware I was connecting I don't know what else to do I am running Windows Home Premium -bit on a Dell Studio GB memory Intel Core Duo at GHz I will attach a picture of one of the many BSoD's I have received although the stop error code is always x D parameter always being or from the ones I have seen Also attached are the three most recent minidumps Also for the few minutes between connecting BSoD when plugging in Konnekt 6 the firewire and crashing in my Devices amp Printers display the TC Near Konnekt are listed under quot Unspecified quot instead of under Devices This is my first audio interface I have ever used so I am not sure of that is BSoD when plugging in Konnekt 6 unusual or another sign of a problem The Konnekt uses a -pin connection and my laptop uses a -pin firewire port -- I bought the proper cable by Belkin at Best Buy Apparently the Konnekt and other audio interfaces have trouble with Win especially -bit and I have looked around the TC forums but no one seems to have the exact same problem as I do so any help here would be greatly appreciated Thank you

A:BSoD when plugging in Konnekt 6

Quote: Originally Posted by Larkhillv

I have tried contacting TC Electronic and posted on their forums, to no avail so far, so I am hoping people here can help me.

I recently purchased the TC Desktop Konnekt 6 (mic/instrument preamp audio interface) and every time I connect it to my laptop via firewire, it crashes my computer shortly after. I have updated all of my drivers (including my firewire driver), I installed the latest version of TC Near (the interface program, allegedly compatible with Win7 64-bit), tried using a power strip AND direct wall socket for the power supply, reformatting my HDD, scanned for viruses etc, made sure TC Near was formatted correctly for the hardware I was connecting... I don't know what else to do.

I am running Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit on a Dell Studio 1555, 4 GB memory, Intel Core 2 Duo at 2.10 GHz. I will attach a picture of one of the many BSoD's I have received, although the stop error code is always 0x10D, parameter 1 always being 05 or 08, from the ones I have seen. Also attached are the three most recent minidumps.

Also, for the few minutes between connecting the firewire and crashing, in my Devices & Printers display, the TC Near/Konnekt 6 are listed under "Unspecified" instead of under Devices. This is my first audio interface I have ever used, so I am not sure of that is unusual or another sign of a problem. The Konnekt 6 uses a 6-pin connection, and my laptop uses a 4-pin 1394 firewire port -- I bought the proper cable by Belkin at Best Buy.

Apparently the Konnekt 6 (and other audio interfaces) have trouble with Win7, especially 64-bit, and I have looked around the TC forums but no one seems to have the exact same problem as I do, so any help here would be greatly appreciated! Thank you.

All three of these were caused by your firewire driver. I would download and install a fresh copy.

Code:
Built by: 7600.16539.amd64fre.win7_gdr.100226-1909
Debug session time: Tue Jun 22 14:36:42.852 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 1:08:10.818
BugCheck 10D, {8, 57ff69669c8, 3, fffffa8007b19e70}
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for TCNear.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for TCNear.sys
Probably caused by : 1394ohci.sys ( 1394ohci!IsochRx::HandleIsochAttachBuffers+5ea )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x10D_8
PROCESS_NAME: System
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Debug session time: Mon Jun 21 21:04:04.720 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:31:36.562
BugCheck 10D, {5, 0, 1401, fffffa8007b597e0}
Probably caused by : 1394ohci.sys ( 1394ohci!IsochRx::WdfEvtNotificationDpc+1ce )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x10D_5
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Debug session time: Sun Jun 20 23:02:14.705 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:13:52.671
BugCheck 10D, {8, 57ffbff0578, 3, fffffa8007b59be0}
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for TCNear.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for TCNear.sys
Probably caused by : 1394ohci.sys ( 1394ohci!IsochRx::HandleIsochAttachBuffers+5ea )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x10D_8

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/92890-bsod-when-plugging-konnekt-6-a.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hey all ^_^

So. My newly built computer is running amazingly well, except that it has begun BSODing when I plug in USB devices. Funnily, nearly all devices work once the computer's done rebooting, but some do not, leading me to finally seek help.

The System: Windows 7 Ultimate x64, Full Retail. The system is a little over a month old?built same day as OS installation.

I really appreciate the help! Thank you in advance.

A:BSOD when plugging in USB devices

Welcome to SevenForums.

These crashes were caused by prl_usb_mng64.sys, a driver used by Parallels Desktop.

This seems to be a common problem which was discussed in their forums, you may find additional information there.
http://forum.parallels.com/showthread.php?t=113372

This may fix the issue:

Quote:
In Parallels disable the USB Controller in the Virtual Machine Configuration.
Then:
- Open the device manager.
- Show hidden devices
- Expand 'non-plug and play drivers'
- Double Click 'Parallels USB Device Manager'
- On the 'Driver' Tab, go to the startup section, then select 'Disabled' from the drop down menu.

If that doesn't work you should either remove(uninstall) this program or find a newer updated version.
Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M (1000007e)
This is a very common bugcheck. Usually the exception address pinpoints
the driver/function that caused the problem. Always note this address
as well as the link date of the driver/image that contains this address.
Some common problems are exception code 0x80000003. This means a hard
coded breakpoint or assertion was hit, but this system was booted
/NODEBUG. This is not supposed to happen as developers should never have
hardcoded breakpoints in retail code, but ...
If this happens, make sure a debugger gets connected, and the
system is booted /DEBUG. This will let us see why this breakpoint is
happening.
Arguments:
Arg1: ffffffffc0000005, The exception code that was not handled
Arg2: fffff880088a0edc, The address that the exception occurred at
Arg3: fffff880037f4bd8, Exception Record Address
Arg4: fffff880037f4430, Context Record Address

Debugging Details:
------------------
EXCEPTION_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000005 - The instruction at 0x%08lx referenced memory at 0x%08lx. The memory could not be %s.

FAULTING_IP:
prl_usb_mng64+1edc
fffff880`088a0edc 8b03 mov eax,dword ptr [rbx]

EXCEPTION_RECORD: fffff880037f4bd8 -- (.exr 0xfffff880037f4bd8)
ExceptionAddress: fffff880088a0edc (prl_usb_mng64+0x0000000000001edc)
ExceptionCode: c0000005 (Access violation)
ExceptionFlags: 00000000
NumberParameters: 2
Parameter[0]: 0000000000000000
Parameter[1]: 0000000000000000
Attempt to read from address 0000000000000000

CONTEXT: fffff880037f4430 -- (.cxr 0xfffff880037f4430)
rax=0000000000000000 rbx=0000000000000000 rcx=0000000000000000
rdx=0000000000000000 rsi=fffffa8006d98000 rdi=fffff880037f4f18
rip=fffff880088a0edc rsp=fffff880037f4e10 rbp=fffffa800b9d3f70
r8=fffff78000000008 r9=0000000000000000 r10=fffff80003060000
r11=fffff80003251e80 r12=fffffa8006d97020 r13=0000000000000009
r14=0000000000000000 r15=fffffa8006dd3440
iopl=0 nv up ei pl zr na po nc
cs=0010 ss=0018 ds=002b es=002b fs=0053 gs=002b efl=00210246
prl_usb_mng64+0x1edc:
fffff880`088a0edc 8b03 mov eax,dword ptr [rbx] ds:002b:00000000`00000000=????????
Resetting default scope

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: NULL_DEREFERENCE

CURRENT_IRQL: 0

ERROR_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000005 - The instruction at 0x%08lx referenced memory at 0x%08lx. The memory could not be %s.

EXCEPTION_PARAMETER1: 0000000000000000

EXCEPTION_PARAMETER2: 0000000000000000

READ_ADDRESS: GetPointerFromAddress: unable to read from fffff8000330e100

FOLLOWUP_IP:
prl_usb_mng64+1edc
fffff880`088a0edc 8b03 mov eax,dword ptr [rbx]

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x7E

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from fffffa8006d97000 to fffff880088a0edc

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`037f4e10 fffffa80`06d97000 : 00000000`0000... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/238240-bsod-when-plugging-usb-devices.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi all,i have been experiencing BSOD lately when plugging my USB 4G Modem in. This modem worked well before for about 5 months.By using "WinDbg (x64)" i have found the problem to be with the driver "usbccgp.sys" however i believe this is a generic driver and the crash is caused by an underlying driver specific for my USB Modem. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling the drivers for my USB Modem but still BSOD.Also i have performed a registry clean, sfc /scannow and chkdsk /f.I have attached the log file as created with the posting instructions. Your help is very much appreciated!

A:BSOD plugging in USB Modem

Hi,
I am extremely sorry that this thread was not attended to. There are not many people in this field.
In case you still require help, kindly respond to this thread and I will be notified via email and you should expect a response from me in 48 hours.
Regards,
Pranav

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/67677-bsod-plugging-usb-modem.html
Relevancy 52.03%

So i"m having a problem. Every time i plug in a USB device or an external hard drive. Anything trough a usb port my pc BSOD"s. I will give you a copy of an event log so you can tell me what do you think.

-
System

-
Provider

[ Name]
Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power

[ Guid]
{331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4}

EventID

Version

Level

Task

Opcode

Keywords
0x8000000000000002

-
TimeCreated

[ SystemTime]
2013-07-18T12:15:41.299863300Z

EventRecordID

Correlation

-
Execution

[ ProcessID]

[ ThreadID]

Channel
System

Computer
athlon64

-
Security

[ UserID]
S-1-5-18

-
EventData

BugcheckCode

BugcheckParameter1
0x0

BugcheckParameter2
0x0

BugcheckParameter3
0x0

BugcheckParameter4
0x0

SleepInProgress

PowerButtonTimestamp

BootAppStatus

A:BSOD when plugging in a USB device.

Give us a screenshot of your device manager with the USB information extended as shown:

Attachment 24989

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/28432-bsod-when-plugging-usb-device.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Windows seven ultimate x64 copy installed on my computer 2 days ago. It's SP1, but lacking in updates as windows update has been completely and utterly f*cked for me. When wanting to play mario on an emulator, the first thing I did was plug in a ps3 controller. Apart from the ds3 tool and chrome nothing else was open. This is the first time it happened. I do not/ cannot find a minidump file. but there is a memory dump file worth 600mb.

Could this be because of the lacking windows updates or something else? This has never happened to me before.

A:BSOD after plugging in ps3 controller through USB

Please read BSOD Posting Instructions & How to upload files & yes it could be.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/399235-bsod-after-plugging-ps3-controller-through-usb.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hey guys, I'm being plagued with BSODs yet again.

However, they almost always happen whenever I plug in my headphones to the audio jack
on the front of my case. Note: I've been using these headphones for months with this computer and have had no issues.

I recently got a new motherboard and reinstalled windows, so I'm not sure if that messed anything up.
My audio driver for the headphones is Realtek by ASUS.

All files included. Thank you.

A:Bsod when plugging in headphones

Do you have a OEM or a Retail version of Wondows 7?

Did you get proper activation of Windows 7 after replacing the motherboard?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/361814-bsod-when-plugging-headphones.html
Relevancy 52.03%

When ever i plug my xbox 360 wireless receiver device, my pc gets the blue screen and restarts itself, when its unplugged, everything is fine and no crashes

ive attached the DMP file

My PC spec is Windows 7 pro 32 bit, e8500 3.5ghz, ATI 6850, 4gb RAM

A:BSOD when plugging in usb device

Updated: ive attached the Windows_NT6_BSOD_jcgriff2 folder

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/241293-bsod-when-plugging-usb-device.html
Relevancy 52.03%

When I plug my iPhone 3G S into my Dell Inspiron 700m XP Pro SP3 via either USB port I immediately get a BSOD with the error:
STOP: 0X0000007E (0XC0000005, 0X00000000, 0XF7C3E7BC, 0XF7C3E4B8)
Physical dump of memory complete

I uninstalled iTunes, Bonjour, and Apple Mobile Media and plugged the iPhone in and it did not give the BSOD. I re-installed all, and BSOD again.

I do not get the BSOD with an iTouch.

I also tried to clean the registry, deleted a bunch of files to free disk space to no avail.

Any suggestions?

A:Plugging in iPhone gives BSOD

Any thime you get into the registry, you have a good change of trashing the PC.

The first thing I saw in the link you provided was the word "Hack". The rules state that we don't help with hacks/cracks/etc.

Suggest that you voice your displeasure the maker of the phone.

Suggest that you do a system restore back to a time before you fixed it.

BG

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/plugging-in-iphone-gives-bsod-389577.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Ok I ll try to give in Ipod Plugging causes BSOD you guys as much info as I can Whenever I plug in my Ipod to sync it with Itunes I get a BSOD within seconds Now this happened about a month ago and it was remedied by doing a system restore to when I last reinstalled my OS I kept my info but had to reinstall all my programs which as you all know Plugging in Ipod causes BSOD is a Plugging in Ipod causes BSOD huge pain I d like to avoid doing that this time The BSOD error is IRQL LESS OR NOT EQUAL The error codes Plugging in Ipod causes BSOD are x a x b x x x ef c Things I ve tried so far Uninstalling and reinstalling Itunes Uninstalling and reinstalling USB port drivers Updating USB port drivers Removing sticks of RAM to make sure RAM wasn t faulty Uninstalling and reinstalling Ipod drivers in safe mode Using Dell Driver Reset Tool to make sure drivers aren t faulty Unplugging all other USB devices and then attempting to plug in Ipod Connecting Ipod through externally powered USB hub All of these things have not fixed the BSOD error so now I come to you guys to see what else I ve missed As I said I d really prefer not to do a system restore again but if that ends up being my only option it will be my last I should also point out that it is NOT just the Ipod that causes the BSOD A friend s external hard drive causes it both of my flash drives cause it However another friend s external hard drive doesn t cause it my digital camera doesn t cause it and both external hard drives I have don t cause it Specs Windows XP Pro GB RAM GHz Processor GB Hard Drive ATI Mobility Radeon x MB nbsp

A:Plugging in Ipod causes BSOD

Managed to figure it out using the verify tool. Of all things to be causing it, it was a program called "Folder Guard." Just posting this for anyone else who would ever have the same problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/plugging-in-ipod-causes-bsod.800193/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hp Elitebook 8540w i7 2.8 ghz 4gbs ram. I'm running a fresh windows 10 install. Everything seems fine until I plug a usb gps reciver into any usb port on the machine. I have checked for driver updates, everything is ok there.
Gps reciever has been used on this machine for a long period of time with no issues. I currently can use a usb external drive with no issues.

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/62104-bsod-after-plugging-usb-gps-reciever.html
Relevancy 52.03%

I could use some help. I have a frustrating situation where my new Lenovo Y480 crashes (BSOD) whenever I attempt to plug in HDMI which is connected to Yamaha RX-v567 receiver.
- If I bypass the receiver and hook directly to the TV, no problem.
- I can plug right into my upstairs TV with HDMI also, no problem.
- I've updated both my NVIDIA and Intel video drivers.
- I've updated my windows system updates.
- I went here and tried to use the viewer and enabled mini-dump collection but can't make heads or tails of it: Blue screen of death (STOP error) information in dump files.

I'd include the dump but don't have any idea where it's at...

P.S. My old Lenovo Y470 and my wife's Gateway laptops work(ed) fine through the receiver. My OLD Sony Vaio didn't work through the receiver but didn't result in BSOD.

Thnx in advance!!!

A:BSOD after plugging in HDMI

Please read the following thread, it will explain how to access your dump files.
http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/237263-bsod-after-plugging-hdmi.html
Relevancy 52.03%

After action report,

After update KB2862330, the USB controllers caused BSODs. It didn't happen in Win 7, Knoppix, or Fedora, so, it was an XP problem. Thank you Mothership. Two years later, after so much tweaking, it turns out to be an update after all. Knew it. Said it.

The fix:
unistall KB2862330
Disable Enhanced USB controllers in Device manager
reinstall KB2862330
Enable Enhanced USB controllers in Device manager
Now, this puppy runs.

This is a Dell Inspiron e1705 w/ T7600s, a GeForce 9950GTX, 4 gig RAM, 1TB HDD, 6 USB2.0, 3 USB3.0, new screen and KB, triple booting XP SP3 (still updating), Win 7 Ultimate, & Fedora 20.

We have the technology, we can rebuild it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/599057/bsod-when-plugging-in-a-controller/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello Windows 7 Community,

I am having a problem with a novatel usb760 aircard modem. I installed this device properly. The drivers, and firmware updates all installed successfully. I was able to use it fine right after installation. The next day when I plugged it into my usb port, I got a bluescreen immediately. I tried it in other ports and the same happened. I have used this device on another laptop, and it works absolutely fine, no issues at all. Other USB devices work fine on my laptop. It seems to just happen with this one. I have no clue how to go about fixing this, so I hope one of you more computer-savvy individuals will be able to.

Attached is the set of files that I believe is requested with any BSOD problem. Thank you so much for any help.

A:BSOD When Plugging in USB Device

Welcome
It appears that your BSOD is caused by

Nusb3xhc.sys file descriptionProductname:USB 3.0 Device Driver Description:USB 3.0 Host Controller Driver Company:NEC Electronics Corporation
Update the driver or make a system restore point and remove the software to test.
Post back with your results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/242092-bsod-when-plugging-usb-device.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Hello All I've been dealing with an intermittent problem that cropped up about two months ago Sometimes when I plug in a USB device my computer instantly crashes to a blue screen The issue is not isolated to any one USB port nor any single USB device but usually it occurs with my wireless mouse which I connect disconnect frequently Again the problem is intermittent Usually things work but every now and then they just don't and I haven't been able to find a pattern I've contacted HP tech support but they were unable to solve my problem Details of my computer Compaq F US Windows Home Premium installed from retail box over Vista Home Premium -bit The laptop is probably three years old bought it used Windows has been installed for about a year AMD Athlon X Nvidia GeForce Go The only - USB please device in BSOD Help causes Plugging suggestions from HP support I haven't tried yet are to reinstall Windows and to send in the laptop for repair I'm certainly not going to get it repaired since it is out Plugging in USB device causes BSOD - Help please of warranty and I don't want to reinstall Windows yet because I doubt reinstalling will solve the problem anyway I have attached files in accordance with the BSOD posting instructions and I can provide other technical details if needed Thanks for your help

A:Plugging in USB device causes BSOD - Help please

Stary by removing Symantec/Norton, using this tool: ftp://ftp.symantec.com/public/englis...moval_Tool.exe
Code:
IDSvix86.sys Fri Sep 10 17:53:26 2010 (4C8AA8D6)
Ironx86.SYS Wed Jun 23 20:27:03 2010 (4C22A657)
NAVENG.SYS Wed Sep 15 06:21:19 2010 (4C909E1F)
NAVEX15.SYS Wed Sep 15 06:29:29 2010 (4C90A009)
SRTSP.SYS Tue Jul 27 18:15:37 2010 (4C4F5A89)
SRTSPX.SYS Tue Jul 27 18:15:42 2010 (4C4F5A8E)
SSPORT.sys Tue Nov 21 23:41:42 2006 (4563D506)
swmsflt.sys Fri Aug 10 14:08:31 2007 (46BCA99F)
SYMDS.SYS Mon May 17 21:12:04 2010 (4BF1E964)
SYMEFA.SYS Thu Jul 22 22:19:19 2010 (4C48FC27)
SYMEVENT.SYS Fri Jul 30 19:05:03 2010 (4C535A9F)
SymIMv.sys Tue Jul 06 23:08:55 2010 (4C33EFC7)
SYMNETS.SYS Tue Jul 06 23:11:18 2010 (4C33F056)
Install these newer nVidia drivers: http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7-wi...ql-driver.html
Code:
nvlddmkm.sys Tue Feb 27 14:45:58 2007 (45E48A76)
...Summary of the dumps

Code:

Built by: 7600.16385.x86fre.win7_rtm.090713-1255
Debug session time: Thu Nov 11 10:44:26.114 2010 (UTC - 5:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 19:36:41.688
Probably caused by : usbccgp.sys ( usbccgp!TryGetConfigDescriptor+4e )
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: NULL_CLASS_PTR_DEREFERENCE
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x7E_usbccgp!TryGetConfigDescriptor+4e
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Debug session time: Mon Nov 1 15:59:56.750 2010 (UTC - 5:00)
System Uptime: 4 days 6:38:49.213
Probably caused by : usbccgp.sys ( usbccgp!TryGetConfigDescriptor+149 )
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x7E_usbccgp!TryGetConfigDescriptor+149
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Debug session time: Thu Oct 28 09:20:25.840 2010 (UTC - 5:00)
System Uptime: 1 days 11:05:55.414
Probably caused by : usbccgp.sys ( usbccgp!TryGetConfigDescriptor+149 )
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x7E_usbccgp!TryGetConfigDescriptor+149
Debug session time: Tue Oct 26 09:01:14.284 2010 (UTC - 5:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 22:06:15.859
Debug session time: Mon Oct 25 10:53:57.556 2010 (UTC - 5:00)
System Uptime: 3 days 23:59:08.132
Debug session time: Tue Oct 19 12:32:10.252 2010 (UTC - 5:00)
System Uptime: 13 days 16:59:17.814
Built by: 7600.16617.x86fre.win7_gdr.100618-1621
Debug session time: Fri Sep 24 15:24:15.317 2010 (UTC - 5:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 19:17:02.907
Probably caused by : usbccgp.s... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/plugging-in-usb-device-causes-bsod-help-please-528399.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi all My computer crashes whenever I plug a USB device in it I first noticed it when I plugged in a camera thinking it was the camera I then tried my own flash drive which worked fine Possibly using fat format but yesterday I tried my mates flash drive NTFS and that crashed it I've also tried a bunch of other flash drives around the house and they also crash my computer I'm running windows bit ASUS p z -v pro mobo i k GB DDR MHz ripjaw Sapphire HD I have tried running memtest which passed times flawlessly I also tried running driver verifier which seemed to really screw me over At the start when the windows logo first appears it hangs a little bit USB BSOD, device in when crashing a plugging and then blue screens Luckily I had made a system repair disk the night before I also don't know why but when I tried to start in safe mode pressing f while booting all it gave me was the option to choose which device to boot from which I'm guessing is some sort of feature on my mobo but I digress So I'm guessing it's something to do with USB drivers I have attached all the needed information perfmon and minidumps etc Any information and or help would be greatly appreciated Thanks in advance

A:BSOD, crashing when plugging in a USB device

Ah.. my friend, Driver Verifier did not screw you over, it's what is about to give you the answer!

All three non-verifier enabled dump files were ntkrnlmp.exe, it says that because it does not know what is causing it, so it shoots a false positive process fault. The driver verifier enabled dump file however showed exactly what is causing it!

dtsoftbus01.sys, which is a driver for Daemon Tools. Daemon Tools is legendary for causing BSODs, so please uninstall that. Once you've uninstalled that, please report back and let us know how things are running

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

DRIVER_VERIFIER_IOMANAGER_VIOLATION (c9)
The IO manager has caught a misbehaving driver.
Arguments:
Arg1: 000000000000023e, A driver has marked an IRP pending but didn't return STATUS_PENDING.
Arg2: fffff88001001308, The address in the driver's code where the error was detected.
Arg3: fffff98004b5aee0, IRP address.
Arg4: 0000000000000000, Status code.

Debugging Details:
------------------
BUGCHECK_STR: 0xc9_23e

DRIVER_VERIFIER_IO_VIOLATION_TYPE: 23e

FAULTING_IP:
dtsoftbus01+1308
fffff880`01001308 4053 push rbx

FOLLOWUP_IP:
dtsoftbus01+1308
fffff880`01001308 4053 push rbx

IRP_ADDRESS: fffff98004b5aee0

DEVICE_OBJECT: fffffa8006f045a0

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VERIFIER_ENABLED_VISTA_MINIDUMP

CURRENT_IRQL: 2

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from fffff800035533dc to fffff800030c9c40

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`031a05f8 fffff800`035533dc : 00000000`000000c9 00000000`0000023e fffff880`01001308 fffff980`04b5aee0 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`031a0600 fffff800`0355d47a : fffff800`035519f0 fffff880`01001308 fffff980`04b5aee0 00000000`00000000 : nt!VerifierBugCheckIfAppropriate+0x3c
fffff880`031a0640 fffff800`0355e34e : 00000000`0000023e 00000000`00000000 fffff980`04b5aee0 00000000`ffffffff : nt!ViErrorFinishReport+0xda
fffff880`031a0690 fffff800`0356971f : fffffa80`06bfdc50 fffffa80`05d0a840 fffffa80`05d0a8f8 fffff880`01004fd0 : nt!VfErrorReport6+0x6e
fffff880`031a0760 fffff800`03569b63 : fffffa80`05d0a840 00000000`00000002 fffffa80`06f045a0 fffff880`010013d8 : nt!IovpCallDriver2+0x13f
fffff880`031a07c0 fffff800`0356fc2e : fffff980`04b5aee0 fffff980`04b5aee0 00000000`00000002 fffffa80`06f045a0 : nt!VfAfterCallDriver+0x353
fffff880`031a0810 fffff880`00e0e0c2 : fffff880`00e877c0 fffffa80`072cb5d0 00000000`00000025 fffffa80`05d0a840 : nt!IovCallDriver+0x57e
fffff880`031a0870 fffff880`00e2359f : fffffa80`073ebb20 00000000`00000000 fffff880`00000000 fffff880`076925d5 : Wdf01000!FxIoTarget::SubmitSync+0x24a
fffff880`031a0920 fffff880`076a6e95 : fffffa80`00000020 fffffa80`073ebb20 fffffa80`072cb5d0 00000000`00000001 : Wdf01000!imp_WdfRequestSend+0x24b
fffff880`031a0970 fffff880`076a72f4 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000024 00000000`00000001 fffff880`031a0b30 : cdrom!DeviceSendRequestSynchronously+0xc9
fffff880`031a09d0 fffff880`076a5f04 : 0000057f`f8d35fd8 fffff880`031a0b30 fffffa80`073a5680 00000000`00000024 : cdrom!DeviceSendSrbSynchronously+0x3ec
fffff880`031a0b00 fffff880`076a4825 : fffffa80`00000002 fffffa80`072ca390 fffff880`0769c3b8 0000057f`f8d35fd8 : cdrom!DeviceCacheDeviceInquiryData+0xbc
fffff880`031a0bd0 fffff880`00e789d4 : 00000000`00000000 fffff880`00000010 00000000`0000000c fffff880`00e81620 : cdrom!DeviceEvtSelfManagedIoInit+0x105
fffff880`031a0c10 fffff880`00e7894e : fffffa80`072cb020 00000000`0000000c fffff880`00e81620 fffff880`00e81600 : Wdf01000!FxSelfManagedIoMachine::Init+0x34
fffff880`031a0c40 fffff880`00e6cb9b : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 fffff880`00e81620 : Wdf01000!FxSelfManagedIoMachine::ProcessEvent+0x14a
fffff880`031a0cb0 fffff880`00e6c6eb : ... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/216168-bsod-crashing-when-plugging-usb-device.html
Relevancy 51.17%

So I've gotten a couple BSODs that happen when I plug my mouse in after I've had my computer in my bag and take it out. I usually close the lid and that hibernates it and then put it in my bag. Often times however this causes BSOD errors for some reason. I also got another one random that had PFN-list as the error (5/30 in the dump file)

Windows 7 premium 64 bit.
6gigs ram
GFX: NVIDIA GeForce GT 520M
CPU: intel i5- ~2.3 ghz
Motherboard: Phoenix SecureCore-Tiano NB version 2.1 07HS

minidumps are attached

A:BSOD issue (when plugging in USB port)

Most likely a driver related problem, If your motherboard supports USB3 make sure the correct USB3 drivers have been installed successfully, if you continue to encounter problems, report back here.

Unfortunately I do not have a Mini-dump analyser. So I cannot help you with that.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/bsod-issue-when-plugging-in-usb-port-648095.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello.
I have Windows 8 installed on my SSD and I thought I'd plug in my HDD as well. I started up the PC, the HDD was found and there were no problems.
But it only took about 5 minutes and I got a BSOD. I don't know if this had to something to do with the HDD or if it might be due to something else.
Earlier I also recieved an error message when shutting the pc off, I don't know exactly what it said. Something about Memory...
Perhaps you'll find somehing in the logs as I have no idea what to look for.
It's strange that I've had two problem like this after only hours with Windows 8, while I cannot remember ever having a BSOD in Windows 7.
I would really appreciate any help! Thank you in advance!

A:BSOD after plugging in hard drive

Hi again.
Just wondering if there is something I can do to find what caused the BSOD? What can I do with the .dmp file? Can I find the error code somewhere?

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/19279-bsod-after-plugging-hard-drive.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Ive had a few totally random BSOD's when plugging in my Micro SD 2GB card which doesnt normally happen.

Today is the first time it has happened but has happened about 4 times and cant get it to stay on with the card in.

Machine details should be in my profile and Mini dumpfile is attached.

Windows 7 Ultimate x64.

Thanks in advance for the help!

PS, any further info will be gladly provided if needed.

A:BSOD When plugging in Micro SD Card.

Quote: Originally Posted by tezlewis

Ive had a few totally random BSOD's when plugging in my Micro SD 2GB card which doesnt normally happen.

Today is the first time it has happened but has happened about 4 times and cant get it to stay on with the card in.

Machine details should be in my profile and Mini dumpfile is attached.

Windows 7 Ultimate x64.

Thanks in advance for the help!

PS, any further info will be gladly provided if needed.

This one was probably caused by AvastSvc.exe (avast AV). I would un-install it to test. then either install a fresh copy or a different product

let us know if you need help

Ken

Code:

Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.11.0001.404 X86
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\K\Desktop\033110-29671-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

Symbol search path is: SRV*F:\symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7600 MP (2 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS
Built by: 7600.16385.amd64fre.win7_rtm.090713-1255
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`02c4c000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`02e89e50
Debug session time: Wed Mar 31 17:40:08.997 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:01:33.761
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff80002fa0fb9, fffff880029ef640, 0}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!ObpQueryNameString+51 )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

0: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3b)
An exception happened while executing a system service routine.
Arguments:
Arg1: 00000000c0000005, Exception code that caused the bugcheck
Arg2: fffff80002fa0fb9, Address of the exception record for the exception that caused the bugcheck
Arg3: fffff880029ef640, Address of the context record for the exception that caused the bugcheck
Arg4: 0000000000000000, zero.

Debugging Details:
------------------
EXCEPTION_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000005 - The instruction at 0x%08lx referenced memory at 0x%08lx. The memory could not be %s.

FAULTING_IP:
nt!ObpQueryNameString+51
fffff800`02fa0fb9 410fb64718 movzx eax,byte ptr [r15+18h]

CONTEXT: fffff880029ef640 -- (.cxr 0xfffff880029ef640)
rax=fffff880029f0118 rbx=0000000000000000 rcx=7062737504050002
rdx=fffffa8002c46520 rsi=0000000000000001 rdi=0000000000000000
rip=fffff80002fa0fb9 rsp=fffff880029f0020 rbp=7062737504050002
r8=0000000000000080 r9=fffff880029f0180 r10=fffff80002e4b888
r11=fffff88001c0f3c0 r12=0000000000000000 r13=fffffa8003660800
r14=fffffa8002c46520 r15=706273750404ffd2
iopl=0 nv up ei pl zr na po nc
cs=0010 ss=0018 ds=002b es=002b fs=0053 gs=002b efl=00210246
nt!ObpQueryNameString+0x51:
fffff800`02fa0fb9 410fb64718 movzx eax,byte ptr [r15+18h] ds:002b:70627375`0404ffea=??
Resetting default scope

CUSTO... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/75237-bsod-when-plugging-micro-sd-card.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Today I got a BSOD when I plugged in my USB cable from my Motorola Atrix to my computer. I have done this several times before without any problems and I am wondering why I got a BSOD this time.

Any help would appreciated, thanks.

A:BSOD when plugging in Motorola Atrix

Quote: Originally Posted by marine23k

Today I got a BSOD when I plugged in my USB cable from my Motorola Atrix to my computer. I have done this several times before without any problems and I am wondering why I got a BSOD this time.

Any help would appreciated, thanks.

Easy, Related to ironx64.sys Iron Driver from Symantec Corporation. I would remove Symantec and replace with Microsoft Security Essentials

Download and run the Norton Removal Tool to uninstall your Norton product | Norton Support

Virus, Spyware & Malware Protection | Microsoft Security Essentials

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/181553-bsod-when-plugging-motorola-atrix.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi, I am experiencing weird problems with my netbook.
1. Extremely slow WiFi. No matter what I do, the WiFi is incredibly slow. My tablet and all other computers in my house are fine.
2. BSOD problems. First, I get a bsod when I try to plug in ANY USB device (except charger) and I recently got a BSOD in Google Chrome and now, my touchpad and the WiFi just stopped working.
I recorded it with my tablet, and I seen the bsod logs (it only appeared for a split-second)
Stop: 0x00FC
I will post a screenshot when I get to my computer (typing from tablet) and maybe the video, too.

A:Slow wifi, BSOD when plugging in USB, etc.

Please post the following information only, following the directions provided.

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.
 Checkmark the following checkboxes:  List last 10 Event Viewer log  List Installed Programs  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
 Click Go and paste the content into your next post.
 Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/550199/slow-wifi-bsod-when-plugging-in-usb-etc/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello, I recently had two BSOD this week when I plugged in my xbox controller (0x0000010d). When I put the minidumps in bluescreenview, it highlighted Wdf01000.sys and the controller's driver (xusb21). Any clue to what might be the issue?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/381099-bsod-when-plugging-xbox-controller.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi, first time here, hope I did this right.

My system gets a BSOD when I plug in a 360 controller. I had Motioninjoy installed before and removed it (or at least I hope I did, I had to do at least one driver removal separately). First time I've ever plugged in a 360 controller. Did this and restarted over and over again with same results several times.

Windows 7 64 Bit
i5 650
AMD 6850

Thanks!

A:BSOD When Plugging In 360 Wired Controller

Your dump still shows MijXfilt.sys - (Motioninjoy driver) as the cause. Might look in Device Manager and check it's not under anything there, and check in Windows/system32/drivers. If it's there, delete it. You could use something like CCleaner with the registry part and look for any motioninjoy entries and get rid of them also.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/136242-bsod-when-plugging-360-wired-controller.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi guys first off let me apologize if in HDD plugging BSOD Solved: when only External this post is in Solved: BSOD only when plugging External HDD in the wrong thread first time doing this sort of thing so I have a gb western digital hdd I plugged it into my xbox one and used it for a while but my sister wanted to borrow it so I removed it and went to format it using my laptop It wouldn t appear in my computer so using google I found a program that let me discover the HDD this program scanned the drive and recognized that it had been used in an xbox one so I was suggested to change it back to pc mode I did instant blue screen Now anytime I plug the HDD in after a few seconds the laptop discovers the device and then blue screens I was able to navigate to device management quickly clicked USB mass storage and it said there were no drivers installed but it is supposed to have an auto play feature when plugged in this is not appearing either Long story short this has bemused me lol any help would be hugely appreciated guys Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor AMD Athlon tm II P Dual-Core Processor AMD Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card ATI Mobility Radeon HD Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Acer Aspire Antivirus AVG Internet Security Disabled nbsp

Relevancy 51.17%

I'm getting a BSOD when I plug in a logitech pro 9000 or a c270. The PC starts to install the drivers then I get a BSOD for ks.sys. I don't have any Western Digital software installed. Attached are the logs. Thanks in advance!

Windows 7 Enterprise
6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
Dell Latitude E6420
Bios: Dell A04, 5/11/2011

A:BSOD when plugging in Logitech webcam

Have you updated your bios?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/220425-bsod-when-plugging-logitech-webcam.html
Relevancy 51.17%

Hello,

I just purchased a USB modem (CDMA based), it is working fine on my PC, but when i tried it on my Alienware M15X, whenever i try to make a connection, a BSOD appears.

Attached the zip file.

- x86 (32-bit) or x64 ?
x64
- the original installed OS on the system?
no
- an OEM or full retail version?
OEM
- OEM = came pre-installed on system
- Full Retail = you purchased it from retailer

- What is the age of system (hardware)?
1yr 2months
- What is the age of OS installation (have you re-installed the OS?)
2 weeks

And Finally these are the specs..
Windows 7 Ultimate
intel core i7-820Qm [Clarksfield]
Nvidia GeForce GTX260M @266.58 driver version!
tsst corp-dvdrw
8Gb rAM @1333mHZ
500GB seagate Momentus Xt

Alienware M15XYBL

A:Sad BSOD when plugging in USB CDMA Modem

Information
Please remove any CD virtualization programs such as Daemon Tools and Alcohol 120%. They use a driver, found in your dmp, sptd.sys, that is notorious for causing BSODs. Use this SPTD uninstaller when you're done: DuplexSecure - Downloads
You can use MagicDisc as an alternative.
Code:

Code:
sptd.sys fffff880`00ed8000 fffff880`00ffe000 0x00126000 0x4ad24632 12/10/2009 00:55:14
Seems like the crash has caused by connctfy.sys i.e Connectify - Turn your Windows 7 laptop into a Wi-Fi Hotspot i would recommend to uninstall it completely.

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck A, {3f8, 2, 0, fffff80002c86e90}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\connctfy.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for connctfy.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for connctfy.sys
*** ERROR: Symbol file could not be found. Defaulted to export symbols for ndis.sys -
Probably caused by : connctfy.sys ( connctfy+39bc )
IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (a)
An attempt was made to access a pageable (or completely invalid) address at an
interrupt request level (IRQL) that is too high. This is usually
caused by drivers using improper addresses.
If a kernel debugger is available get the stack backtrace.
Arguments:
Arg1: 00000000000003f8, memory referenced
Arg2: 0000000000000002, IRQL
Arg3: 0000000000000000, bitfield :
bit 0 : value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation
bit 3 : value 0 = not an execute operation, 1 = execute operation (only on chips which support this level of status)
Arg4: fffff80002c86e90, address which referenced memory

Debugging Details:
------------------
READ_ADDRESS: GetPointerFromAddress: unable to read from fffff80002ec60e0
00000000000003f8

CURRENT_IRQL: 2

FAULTING_IP:
nt!memcpy+250
fffff800`02c86e90 488b440af8 mov rax,qword ptr [rdx+rcx-8]

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT

BUGCHECK_STR: 0xA

PROCESS_NAME: svchost.exe

TRAP_FRAME: fffff8800afda0b0 -- (.trap 0xfffff8800afda0b0)
NOTE: The trap frame does not contain all registers.
Some register values may be zeroed or incorrect.
rax=fffffa800bbcf010 rbx=0000000000000000 rcx=fffffa800bbcf438
rdx=0000057ff4430fc8 rsi=0000000000000000 rdi=0000000000000000
rip=fffff80002c86e90 rsp=fffff8800afda248 rbp=fffffa80074e31a0
r8=0000000000000400 r9=0000000000000020 r10=fffff80002e1d888
r11=fffffa800bbcf038 r12=0000000000000000 r13=0000000000000000
r14=0000000000000000 r15=0000000000000000
iopl=0 nv up ei ng nz na pe cy
nt!memcpy+0x250:
fffff800`02c86e90 488b440af8 mov rax,qword ptr [rdx+rcx-8] ds:0006:00000000`000003f8=????????????????
Resetting default scope

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from fffff80002c8f469 to fffff80002c8ff00

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`0afd9f68 fffff800`02c8f469 : 00000000`0000000a 00000000`000003f8 00000000`00000002 00000000`00000000 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`0afd9f70 fffff800`02c8e0e0 : fffffa80`092531a0 fffff880`0afda748 fffffa80`092531a0 fffff880`01689aed : nt!KiBugCheckDispatch+0x69
fffff880`0afda0b0 fffff800`02c86e90 : fffff880`04c3f9bc ffff0000`0b9b9142 fffff800`63416d4d 00000000`00001000 : nt!KiPageFault+0x260
fffff880`0afda248 fffff880`04c3f9bc : ffff0000`0b9b9142 fffff800`63416d4d 00000000`00001000 00000000`00000028 : nt!memcpy+0x250
fffff880`0afda250 ffff0000`0b9b9142 : fffff800`63416d4d 00000000`00001000 00000000`00000028 fffffa80`0bbcf010 : connctfy+0x39bc
fffff880`0afda258 fffff800`63416d4d : 00000000`00001000 00000000`00000028 fffffa80`0bbcf010... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/154096-sad-bsod-when-plugging-usb-cdma-modem.html
Relevancy 50.74%

After I've finished upgrading to the latest version of Western Digital SmartWare, I plugged in my new external HDD. A memory management BSOD appeared immediately.

Code:

Technical Information from kernel memory dump:

*** STOP: 0x0000001a (0x0000000000041790, 0xfffffa80008fa0f0, 0x000000000000ffff,
0x0000000000000000)

*** win32k.sys - Address 0xfffff96000089926 base at 0xfffff96000080000 DateStamp
0x5202f253
Other than trying to pinpoint the exact cause of the BSOD, I'm also concerned about whether this will cause any damage to my new HDD (eg. bad sectors).

Any advice?

A:Memory Management BSOD right after plugging in new external HDD

Hello stg mate can you get into safe mode? If so then you could run these

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/1538-sfc-scannow-command-system-file-checker.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/433-disk-check.html

Maybe a system restore?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/306001-memory-management-bsod-right-after-plugging-new-external-hdd.html
Relevancy 50.74%
A:BSOD: arthurx.sys when plugging out usb wireless adapter

Hey Ganni, and welcome to Seven Forums.

Please read the instructions here: Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions, and post back with the needed information. One of our BSOD experts should be by later when able to further help.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/315321-bsod-arthurx-sys-when-plugging-out-usb-wireless-adapter.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I have a Lenovo Y50 Laptop.

Seems that everytime I plug an external monitor via HDMI cable, I'll get a Blue Screen, the Laptop will restart and then it'll be working just fine with the 2nd monitor.

I'm new here, so please tell me if I need to do anything else.

Thanks in advance for any help suggested.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 3b
BCP1: 00000000C0000005
BCP2: FFFFF8800636D2CE
BCP3: FFFFF88027A8DB80
BCP4: 0000000000000000
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1

A:Plugging HDMI cable into laptop BSOD

Complete this tutorial so our experts can have a look.

Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/378611-plugging-hdmi-cable-into-laptop-bsod.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hey there So a few weeks ago I could plug my WD external hard drive in and it worked perfectly Something has happended something I have done and external USB hard plugging when BSOD in - drive now when I connect it with the USB I get bsod This is the result from the blue screen log Can someone help me Is there any more information required Thanks Dump File - - dmp Crash Time p m Bug Check String SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION Bug Check Code x b Parameter c Parameter fffff b BSOD - when plugging in USB external hard drive c Parameter fffff d be Parameter BSOD - when plugging in USB external hard drive Caused By Driver ntoskrnl exe Caused By Address ntoskrnl exe fd File Description NT Kernel amp System Product Name Microsoft Windows Operating System Company Microsoft Corporation File Version win sp gdr - Processor x Crash Address ntoskrnl exe fd Stack Address Stack Address Stack Address Computer Name Full Path C Windows Minidump - - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File Size Dump File - - dmp Crash Time a m Bug Check String SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION Bug Check Code x b Parameter c Parameter fffff d Parameter fffff dfe Parameter Caused By Driver ntoskrnl exe Caused By Address ntoskrnl exe cc File Description NT Kernel amp System Product Name Microsoft Windows Operating System Company Microsoft Corporation File Version win sp gdr - Processor x Crash Address ntoskrnl exe cc Stack Address Stack Address Stack Address Computer Name Full Path C Windows Minidump - - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File Size nbsp

Relevancy 50.74%

Hi all!

So I built my own PC late last year and have had absolutely no problems with it whatsoever, until my brother plugged in his JVC HD GC-FM2 camera. This camera is supposed to be able to be plugged into any PC without issue and without the need to install software/drivers, but for me it blue screens. I am able to plug in other USB devices just not this camera.

I'm running Windows 7 Pro 64 bit, my computer is up to date, to the best of my knowledge anyway lol. I checked event viewer and if it's any help the relative event ID is 41. I've also attached all the needed documents.

I've tried searching for a solution but to no avail. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

A:BSOD Plugging in USB device, error 0x3b

The latest BSOD was probably caused by ntkrnlmp.exe.

The 0x3B error is usually caused by a hardware device or it's corresponding driver. In this case, it'll be this camera of yours. Do the BSOD's only occur with the device plugged in? Or do the BSOD's just happen at random intervals?

You will need to run an sfc/scannow command in an elevated command prompt. If errors are found, run it twice more with each scan followed by a reboot.
SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

You should then test your RAM using Memtest86+. Let it run until 6-8 passes have completed or errors have been found.
RAM - Test with Memtest86+

Finally, enable Driver Verifier. However before you do, it is advised that you create a system restore point and backup first.
Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable

You should also think about plugging your camera into another computer to see whether the camera is really at fault or if your computer is responding differently to the camera. However, only attempt this if you are not worried about getting BSOD's on the test computer; there is a risk that the problem from your computer may start on the test computer.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/213411-bsod-plugging-usb-device-error-0x3b.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Yesterday my computer suddenly had a bluescreen named MEMORY MANAGEMENT I tried to restart my computer but it would keep crashing when starting Here is what I have narrowed down so far My secondary TB GPT internal hard drive I use for storing my libraries and the page file causes the bluescreen When starting my computer Plugging BSOD Drive MEMORY_MANAGEMENT in Hard When without the drive it does so without problems I'm guessing the cause for this was the MEMORY_MANAGEMENT BSOD When Plugging in Hard Drive loose SATA connector to the drive I'm guessing it unplugged while the system was running causing something to get corrupted or something similar Something interesting to note is whenever the bluescreen happens with that drive connected the progress for making a minidump is stuck at and never finishes leading me to think this problem is related to the page file configuration I had to change the settings to get a dump to post I ran chkdsk f on both my drives and memtest Any help would be highly appreciated

A:MEMORY_MANAGEMENT BSOD When Plugging in Hard Drive

Huh. After uninstalling a bunch of programs the problem was fixed. I thought I removed every program that I installed right before the issue ... Sorry to bother you guys.

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/57348-memory_management-bsod-when-plugging-hard-drive.html
Relevancy 50.74%

One of my customers reported that they plugged in a usb flash drive and the system blue screened It took several restarts to get plugging BSOD when herring?) flash (red drive in to a useable state I checked the event log and BSOD when plugging in flash drive (red herring?) took a look at the mini dump files and it looks to me like it might be a video or network driver issue rather BSOD when plugging in flash drive (red herring?) than a usb issue I am hoping however that someone here will take a look and see what the logs tell you before I schedule time with the customer to try to resolve I scanned the system and aforementioned flash drive for viruses - found nothing The system for now however is stable again with no blue screens since last Friday The system is a Dell Precision Workstation T Windows Pro bit GB RAM Sorry I don't have the processor but have to assume it's a rd Gen i Norton Internet Security Dual monitors - please let me know if you need me to get other specs for you They run Solidworks D Cad software on this station I've attached the diagnostics file from the SF diagnostic tool I've also attached the mini dump files from the PC - just to be thorough Thanks in advance for any insights Elly

A:BSOD when plugging in flash drive (red herring?)

Hi there,

Most of your dumps are pointing to a network driver,

That is going back to Sept. 2013.

Code:
Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\e1c62x64.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for e1c62x64.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for e1c62x64.sys
Probably caused by : e1c62x64.sys ( e1c62x64+a8c3 )

Driver Reference Table - e1c62x64.sys

Code:
start end module name
fffff880`06800000 fffff880`06879000 e1c62x64 T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: e1c62x64.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\e1c62x64.sys
Image name: e1c62x64.sys
Timestamp: Fri Aug 10 15:44:15 2012 (50258EBF)
CheckSum: 000829CE
ImageSize: 00079000
Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
You can try updating that,

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Sea...net+Controller

There was also a mention about a Norton driver,

Code:
BugCheck 19, {20, fffffa800f5e2240, fffffa800f5e2360, 4120002}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\e1c62x64.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for e1c62x64.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for e1c62x64.sys
Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\N360x64\1501000.012\SYMNETS.SYS, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for SYMNETS.SYS
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for SYMNETS.SYS
Probably caused by : e1c62x64.sys ( e1c62x64+1bec2 )

But that one still falls back to blame the previous driver I mentioned.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/324815-bsod-when-plugging-flash-drive-red-herring.html
Relevancy 50.74%

- x64 Home Premium - the original installed OS - OEM
- system is 4 months old

Attached are the dumps from 3 crashes. The PC health html file will not upload - it tells me the file is invalid. Happens as soon as I plug the controller in.

I appreciate any assistance you can offer

A:BSOD when plugging in wired xbox 360 controller -x64

Hi.

The crash\bsod blames,

MotioninJoy simulate Xbox 360 controller (virtual Xinput device)
Try to uninstall,reinstall\update the software driver.

MotioninJoy simulate Xbox 360 controller(virtual Xinput device) | MotioninJoy

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/193341-bsod-when-plugging-wired-xbox-360-controller-x64.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello, I've noticed that my computer crashes everytime i unplug or i plug in and USB drive. Today I bought a new USB mouse and when I connected it no crashes were seen, but when my pc installed the last driver, the BSoD appeared once again. I'm using Win7 64b and I really don't know what can I do, I've tried everything like uninstalling all USB drivers and recreate the INFCACHE.1 file, but still nothing. What can I do to solve this?
Thanks in advance.

A:BSoD when plugging/unplugging USB and when installing USB drivers

1) Does it happen with all usb devices or only the mouse?

2) Does it happen with all usb ports?

3) Does it happen in safe mode?

4) Look in device manager - are there any yellow or red symblos?

5) Download and install the newest chipset driver for your system. If it's a laptop, get it from the website of your laptop manufacturer. If it's a desktop, you can get it from either the desktop or the mobo manufacturer's website.

6) Look for a bios update.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/523427/bsod-when-pluggingunplugging-usb-and-when-installing-usb-drivers/
Relevancy 50.31%

I've tried plugging in my external hard drive (a WD Passport 1 Tera) USB to access picture files... my laptop (Windows Vista) went to a blue screen and shut itself down. Here is some info it gave me after it restarted...

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 24
BCP1: 001904AA
BCP2: 8BB4F3E4
BCP3: 8BB4F0E0
BCP4: 8B024689
OS Version: 6_0_6002
Service Pack: 2_0
Product: 768_1

I'm wondering if I did something wrong when I disconnected the external hard drive from our new Seagate wireless backup system. I had no idea how to "safely" or "properly" remove it... so I just disconnected the USB cable.

Any ideas?

Relevancy 48.59%

Today my laptop crashed when I was waiting for a game for Dota While I was waiting for a game I plugged in a Belkin Mouse connector for my Belkin wireless mouse which I Stop plugging in Unusual Error Connector 0x48 BSOD Mouse when Wireless have not used for some time It didn't come on quickly the first time i inserted it so i removed the connector and put it into another usb port Windows then said it was installing driver software then the Unusual BSOD Error when plugging in Wireless Mouse Connector Stop 0x48 screen went fuzzy and crashed A blue screen appeared with The CANCEL STATE IN COMPLETED IRP bug check which has a value of x that came up Apparently this bug check is rare I have attached the dump files I really appreciate it if you can have a look to see if it was in fact the mouse driver which completed the IRP I o request packet and then attempted to cancel it causing a crash or if the crash was caused by two drivers each Unusual BSOD Error when plugging in Wireless Mouse Connector Stop 0x48 trying to access the same IRP in an improper way Unusual BSOD Error when plugging in Wireless Mouse Connector Stop 0x48 Any help would be greatly appreciated

A:Unusual BSOD Error when plugging in Wireless Mouse Connector Stop 0x48

The BSOD took place when drvinst.exe was in operation, that means the driver was being installed.

Code:
1: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

CANCEL_STATE_IN_COMPLETED_IRP (48)
This bugcheck indicates that an I/O Request Packet (IRP) that is to be
cancelled, has a cancel routine specified in it -- meaning that the packet
is in a state in which the packet can be cancelled -- however, the packet
no longer belongs to a driver, as it has entered I/O completion. This is
either a driver bug, or more than one driver is accessing the same packet,
which is not likely and much more difficult to find. The cancel routine
parameter will provide a clue as to which driver or stack is the culprit.
Arguments:
Arg1: fffffa8009e7a198, Pointer to the IRP
Arg2: 05351bcf08000000, Cancel routine set by the driver.
Arg3: 0000000000000000
Arg4: 0000000000000000
This issue occurs because of a race condition between a thread of the Redirected Driver Buffering SubSystem (Rdbss.sys) driver and a thread of the I/O Manager.

When this race condition occurs, an I/O request packet (IRP) is processed by a thread while another thread cancels this IRP. Therefore, the Stop error occurs. It appears that the driver is not installed at all. The I/O operation to install the driver is cancelled by the cancel routine.

Dont put any type of load to the computer. Dont run any other programs etc. Keep the computer totally idle. Then attach the mouse. Hopefully it will configure the driver.

When the driver is configured, then you may use the mouse (plug in) anytime.

BTW, how old the mouse is?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/320673-unusual-bsod-error-when-plugging-wireless-mouse-connector-stop-0x48.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi
I hope someone can help me.
I have a Toshiba M5 laptop running windows xp sp 3. It's been running fine. Today I put in my usb stick and got an instant bluse screen of death and the computer shut down. It happens with all 3 USB ports and with all usb sticks/external hard drive type devices. My mouse attached to the same USB port works fine though.
When I get the blue screen I get the message:
Page_fault_in_nonpages_area
then a stop code: 0x0000007E (0xC000001D, 0xF7C7A8EA, 0xF7C7A7F4, 0xF7C7A4F0).

This is sometimes different but I always get the BSOD.
Please can someone help me? I can't back up my files etc as I can't attach my external HD.
Thanks
Nancy

Relevancy 46.44%

This problem has followed me to a fresh Windows 8 install, but occurred when I was running Windows 7. Basically, if I have more than one stick of RAM inserted, the system will not wake from hibernate/standby, but bluescreens. It doesn't make any difference which RAM slots are used, but putting one stick in any slot results in no problem, and a totally stable system.

RAM passes memtest with two sticks or individually. I suppose the most likely culprit is the motherboard, but just wanted to see if anyone had a second opinion before I confine myself to only having one stick of memory

Thanks for any help!

Edit: should add that I'm using a AMD Phenom II X2 555, but I have unlocked two extra cores to a reoprted AMD Phenom II X4 B55. I'm also running mildly overclocked HD5770s in crossfire, but the problem occurred before I added/tweaked those.

A:BSOD with more than one stick of RAM

The minidumps show generic memory corruption.

Lock down the extra cores. Maybe they were not validated to be X4 because of a problem in the memory management.
Update bios
UNDERCLOCK your system
Run memtest from hcidesign.com AND memtest86
Run driver verifier
Change cpu
Change mainboard
Use GPU on chipset/CPU. Take out the Discrete GPUS.

These steps are just for diagnostics!

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/13516-bsod-more-than-one-stick-ram.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello,
This is my first post to that forum .
My pc crashes from time to time mostly when i plug in a usb stick to usb3 slots mostly.I reinstall all my drivers did hdd test/memtest and everything seems to work perfect.So im confused what happening and i need your help.
im posting also the .zip file as instruction
said.

A:BSOD when i plug in usb stick mostly (f4)

You are running a Lenovo Product ID (PID) on an MSI board.
This makes your installation counterfeit.
Troubleshooting a counterfeit installation is useless as it is not known what has been modified to your system.
A counterfeit installation contains heavily modified code which causes the system to behave in unexpected ways.
For this reason, analyzing counterfeit systems is unreliable and most analysts won't try it.

Code:
OS Configuration: Standalone Workstation
OS Build Type: Multiprocessor Free
Registered Owner: Moustakias
Registered Organization:
Product ID: 00426-OEM-8992662-00497 <-- Lenovo PID on MSI board
Original Install Date: 3/8/2014, 12:26:07 PM
System Boot Time: 12/21/2015, 1:25:33 PM
System Manufacturer: MSI
I recommend to install a genuine copy of Windows.
If, after you have installed a genuine copy of Windows, you still get BSOD's we'll be happy to assist you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/388066-bsod-when-i-plug-usb-stick-mostly-f4.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hello My system crash when I plug an USB Stick storage I tried different Ports and Sticks always crash Please find below analysis of whocrashed and my config http speccy piriform com results JdaCfBuZYmWVa MYpBwJgw with STICK USB STORAGE BSOD System Information local computer name HICHAM-PC windows version Windows Service Pack build windows dir C Windows Hardware Latitude E Dell Inc T KFM CPU GenuineIntel Intel reg Core i - QM CPU GHz Intel level logical processors active mask RAM total VM free Crash Dump Analysis Crash dump directory C Windows Minidump Crash dumps are enabled on your computer On BSOD with USB STICK STORAGE Fri GMT your BSOD with USB STICK STORAGE computer crashed crash dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmp This was probably caused by the following module ntoskrnl exe nt x BC Bugcheck code x A x E A x x xFFFFF BBAAB Error BSOD with USB STICK STORAGE IRQL GT ZERO AT SYSTEM SERVICE file path C Windows system ntoskrnl exe product Microsoft Windows Operating System company Microsoft Corporation description NT Kernel amp System Bug check description This indicates that a thread is returning to user mode from a system call when its IRQL is still above PASSIVE LEVEL The crash took place in the Windows kernel Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time On Fri GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows memory dmp This was probably caused by the following module ntkrnlmp exe nt KeBugCheckEx x Bugcheck code x A x E A x x xFFFFF BBAAB Error IRQL GT ZERO AT SYSTEM SERVICE Bug check description This indicates that a thread is returning to user mode from a system call when its IRQL is still above PASSIVE LEVEL The crash took place in the Windows kernel Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time On Fri GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmp This was probably caused by the following module gddcd sys gddcd x C Bugcheck code xC x D xFFFFF A C xFFFFF E x Error DRIVER VERIFIER IOMANAGER VIOLATION file path C Windows system drivers gddcd sys product G Data Security Software company G Data Software AG description G Data Device Control DevFilter Driver Bug check description This is the bug check code for all Driver Verifier This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver gddcd sys G Data Device Control DevFilter Driver G Data Software AG Google query G Data Software AG DRIVER VERIFIER IOMANAGER VIOLATION On Fri GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmp This was probably caused by the following module ntoskrnl exe nt x BC Bugcheck code x A x CA A x x xFFFFF EB Error IRQL GT ZERO AT SYSTEM SERVICE file path C Windows system ntoskrnl exe product Microsoft Windows Operating System company Microsoft Corporation description NT Kernel amp System Bug check description This indicates that a thread is returning to user mode from a system call when its IRQL is still above PASSIVE LEVEL The crash took place in the Windows kernel Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time On Fri GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmp This was probably caused by the following module ntoskrnl exe nt x BC Bugcheck code x A x A A x x xFFFFF AF B Error IRQL GT ZERO AT SYSTEM SERVICE file path C Windows system ntoskrnl exe product Microsoft Windows Operating System company Microsoft Corporation description NT Kernel amp System Bug check description This indicates that a thread is returning to user mode from a system call when its IRQL is still above PASSIVE LEVEL The crash took place in the Windows kernel Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time On Fri GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C W... Read more

A:BSOD with USB STICK STORAGE

please attach 2 .dmp file for analysis.

meanwhile reinstall/ uninstall/ update gData.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/522788/bsod-with-usb-stick-storage/
Relevancy 46.01%

more often than not when i plug a memory stick in i get the BSOD crash memory dump then restarts, if i leave the stick in pc boots up fine and i can access the stick.
this has happend with corsair and freecom sticks and with several different micro sd cards with several different card readers so seems like its the USB's rather than the memory sticks.

Attachment 45357

A:BSOD with memory stick

The RAM your are putting in is faulty or the motherboard slot is dead.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/52155-bsod-memory-stick.html
Relevancy 46.01%

I will start with what my issue is first I have a new system that is running Vista Ultimate x I was having issues when I first built the machine with getting very random BSOD with IRQL NOT EQUAL OR LESS x A I had gone through and made sure that I installed all the lastest drivers from Gigabyte's website So I went with possibly having bad RAM I am running I install of BSOD when RAM 2nd stick x mb Following this train of thought I ran a memstest which came back with some errors So I returned the memory and exchanged it for the same type I put the new RAM in both sticks and i get the same BSOD I did a little research and found some information about Vista x having issues running with more than gb of RAM So I start from scratch Formatted my hard drives put only one stick of RAM in so x and installed Vista again Keep in mind that I am installing a copy of Vista Ultimate x with SP which should not have issues with more than gb of RAM So I get Vista installed BSOD when I install 2nd stick of RAM get all my drivers and BSOD when I install 2nd stick of RAM even my programs installed and the system is running great I use the computer for a day with no issues So I decided to try putting in the other stick of RAM I get the same BSOD So now i'm thinking maybe BIOS update So I go to gigabyte's site download and install the latest BSOD when I install 2nd stick of RAM BIOS update Doesn't help My next thought was to try a different brand of memory just for kicks Did that and that didn't help So i'm sitting here with a sweet computer that doesn't want to run with more than stick of RAM Current System Specs Gigabyte EP -UD p Intel P Socket Motherboard Intel Core Duo e Ghz MB FSB CPU BFG GeForce GTX OCX MB Corsair Dominator Dual Channel MB PC DDR MHz Corsair TX W Power Supply If anyone has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it Any information I left out I will gladly provide Thanks

A:BSOD when I install 2nd stick of RAM

Originally Posted by crappydonkey

I will start with what my issue is first. I have a new system that is running Vista Ultimate x64. I was having issues when I first built the machine with getting very random BSOD with IRQL_NOT_EQUAL_OR_LESS (0x0000000A). I had gone through and made sure that I installed all the lastest drivers from Gigabyte's website. So I went with possibly having bad RAM. (I am running 2x2048mb) Following this train of thought I ran a memstest, which came back with some errors. So I returned the memory and exchanged it for the same type.

I put the new RAM in, both sticks, and i get the same BSOD. I did a little research and found some information about Vista x64 having issues running with more than 3gb of RAM. So I start from scratch. Formatted my hard drives, put only one stick of RAM in (so 1x2048) and installed Vista again. Keep in mind that I am installing a copy of Vista Ultimate x64 with SP1, which should not have issues with more than 3gb of RAM.

So I get Vista installed, get all my drivers and even my programs installed and the system is running great. I use the computer for a day with no issues. So I decided to try putting in the other stick of RAM. I get the same BSOD. So now i'm thinking maybe BIOS update. So I go to gigabyte's site download and install the latest BIOS update. Doesn't help.

My next thought was to try a different brand of memory, just for kicks. Did that and that didn't help. So i'm sitting here with a sweet computer that doesn't want to run with more than 1 stick of RAM.

Current System Specs:
Gigabyte EP45-UD3p Intel P45 Socket 775 Motherboard
Intel Core 2 Duo e8400 3Ghz 6MB 1333FSB CPU
BFG GeForce GTX 260 OCX 896MB
Corsair Dominator Dual Channel 4096MB PC8500 DDR2 1066MHz
Corsair TX750W Power Supply

If anyone has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it. Any information I left out I will gladly provide. Thanks.

IRQL_NOT_EQUAL_OR_LESS

This means you have a bad/buggy driver.
Try reinstalling updated Video card drivers/SATA/RAID Drivers, etc.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/219994-bsod-when-i-install-2nd-stick-ram.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi i have a corrupted stick of RAM that keeps causing different BSOD all related to memory and drivers not booting when i restart or just failing after a few. i was wondering if removing the corrupted one would be safe to do while i wait for my new ones to get in.

Setup:
Windows 7
2 x 2GB memory
560 ti
GIGABYTE GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68
i5-2500k

A:Corupted RAM stick BSOD

Yes, as long as there is at least one working stick the PC should post just fine. Windows might slow down a little until you bump the RAM back up again, but other than that it shouldn't be a big deal.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/215462-corupted-ram-stick-bsod.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi folks, sorry that my first post is about my new computer causing me troubles but oh well.

So here it goes, in the past few days my computer has been giving me BSOD everytime i insert a USB memory stick. I can insert charging cable for my nexus 4 or the wireless stick for my mouse. But not a memory stick. It says Critical_process_died in the BSOD by the way.

Any insight on what may be causing this? thanks.

EDIT: I have uploaded my dump file. Thanks.

A:BSOD When insterting USB stick

There are a number of options available to you:

1. Don't insert the USB drive again. -- A sure-fire fix!
2. Try the same USB drive in another computer (with up-to-date antivirus protection on it)!
3. Replace the (suspected) defective USB drive (or at least try it in a different port).
4. Without ANY other devices inserted in the computer, do an SFC (system file checker) scan, using Start, then run, then type in SFC /scannow.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bsod-when-insterting-usb-stick.1103432/
Relevancy 45.58%

Lenovo is the latest PC maker to join the budding PC-on-a-stick movement. The company on Tuesday announced the Ideacentre Stick 300, a wallet-friendly compute stick suitable for use in multiple scenarios.

Read more

A:Lenovo undercuts Intel's Compute Stick with cheaper Ideacentre Stick 300

It's too bad HDMI couldn't supply the power.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lenovo-undercuts-intels-compute-stick-with-cheaper-ideacentre-stick-300.215634/
Relevancy 45.58%

Attachment 299571

Hi,

About two weeks ago I started getting the BSOD when I plugged in my Kindle to charge via the USB on my laptop. Never happened before.

I have tried plugging in the USB stick in Safemode and the same thing happens. The error always points to Partition Manager driver "partmgr.sys"

This also happens with my SD Cruzer USB Stick. Today I noticed this does not happen to a FAT formatted USB stick but only the NTFS formatted one.

I had installed some software around the time called Calibre, which I have uninstalled but am still getting the same issue.

I have uploaded the logs from the dump file and if anyone can help I would be most grateful.

Have a good new year an many thanks in advance!

A:BSOD when inserting USB Stick/Kindle

Hi and welcome to SF .

The issue appears to be originating from a per-bundled encryption software that was installed
with your HP bloatware, but it is originally from McAfee.

Code:
mfeepehost.exe c:\program files\hewlett-packard\drive encryption\eeagent\mfeepehost.exe

Code:
2: kd> k
# Child-SP RetAddr Call Site
00 fffff880`039a62d8 fffff880`05e01d82 nt!KeBugCheckEx
01 fffff880`039a62e0 fffff880`05e3156d fastfat!FatExceptionFilter+0xaa
02 fffff880`039a6320 fffff800`02ef2cdc fastfat! ?? ::NNGAKEGL::`string'+0x3f3d
03 fffff880`039a6350 fffff800`02ef275d nt!_C_specific_handler+0x8c
04 fffff880`039a63c0 fffff800`02ef1535 nt!RtlpExecuteHandlerForException+0xd
05 fffff880`039a63f0 fffff800`02f024c1 nt!RtlDispatchException+0x415
06 fffff880`039a6ad0 fffff800`02ec7242 nt!KiDispatchException+0x135
07 fffff880`039a7170 fffff800`02ec5dba nt!KiExceptionDispatch+0xc2
08 fffff880`039a7350 fffff880`017d3079 nt!KiPageFault+0x23a
09 fffff880`039a74e0 fffff800`031e8699 partmgr!PmGlobalDispatch+0x69
0a fffff880`039a7510 fffff800`031e85d6 nt!FstubReadSector+0x79
0b fffff880`039a7590 fffff800`031e86f5 nt!FstubDetectPartitionStyle+0x22
0c fffff880`039a75c0 fffff880`017d5512 nt!IoReadPartitionTableEx+0x2d
0d fffff880`039a75f0 fffff880`017e15a6 partmgr!PmGetDriveLayoutEx+0x5d2
0e fffff880`039a76f0 fffff880`017d5d50 partmgr!PmIoctlGetPartitionInfoEx+0xa6
0f fffff880`039a7740 fffff880`05e15512 partmgr! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+0xbeb
10 fffff880`039a77a0 fffff880`05e2099d fastfat!FatPerformDevIoCtrl+0xa2
11 fffff880`039a7830 fffff880`05e207e7 fastfat!FatMountVolume+0x181
12 fffff880`039a7a70 fffff880`05e20740 fastfat!FatCommonFileSystemControl+0x57
13 fffff880`039a7aa0 fffff880`00dd750c fastfat!FatFsdFileSystemControl+0xac
14 fffff880`039a7ae0 fffff880`00dd2971 fltmgr!FltpFsControlMountVolume+0x28c
15 fffff880`039a7bb0 fffff800`031334af fltmgr!FltpFsControl+0x101
16 fffff880`039a7c10 fffff800`032ba596 nt!IopMountVolume+0x28f
17 fffff880`039a7cd0 fffff880`01c5475f nt!IoVerifyVolume+0x176
18 fffff880`039a7d60 00000000`00000000 MfeEpePc+0x875f
SystemLookup - MfeEpePc

Did you recently install Kaspersky?

Note
Before continuing with the steps below create a System Restore Point
-- System Restore Point - Create --
After creating a restore point, start by disabling the service, thus preventing it to start, restarting the PC
and see if it still bugchecks when you're connecting one of the previously mentioned devices.
Type, services.msc and hit enter.
Look for a service called McAfee Endpoint Encryption Agent, double click it.
Switch the Startup type and Service status to Disabled and Stopped, respectively.Attachment 299607

Press OK and restart the PC.
Let us know the results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/316778-bsod-when-inserting-usb-stick-kindle.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Vista BSOD on Certain USB Stick Certain Insert on Vista64 Stick BSOD USB Insert Problem description Friend's Vista Ultimate system BSODs when a USB stick is inserted This only happens when inserting one of three flash drives he owns I've tried two drives of my own Vista64 BSOD on Certain USB Stick Insert and cannot reproduce the problem with my flash drives I have the minidumps not but am not sure how to analyze them After reboot Vista gives this Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode b BCP C BCP FFFFF CB D BCP FFFFFA C BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Attempted fixes Googled a bunch for those strings tried reinstalling nvidia drivers as they were recently updated I've ran full malware scans tried both front and back USB ports un reinstalling USB controller drivers formatting the flash drives that trigger the BSOD Recent changes He says nothing beyond driver updates for his XFX GT This started about a month ago with no major changes System has worked fine for six months prior to this -- Operating system Vista Ultimate SP System specs Asus V -P G barebone x GB Patriot PC - RAM C D E XFX GeForce GT v W PSU Vista64 BSOD on Certain USB Stick Insert I have Googled and read the FAQ Yes a bunch I've only found issues related to blue screens at boot or such Nothing to quite match this situation

A:Vista64 BSOD on Certain USB Stick Insert

1. Update the USB drivers (usually part of the mobo/chipset drivers)
2. Go to Device Manager and check for Hidden Devices in the View menu.
See if any of them has issues.
3. Check the USB stick on another system to see if it repeats there. Disable all autorun stuff on the stick.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/240099-vista64-bsod-certain-usb-stick-insert.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Vista BSOD on Certain USB Stick Insert Problem description Stick Certain Insert USB on Vista64 BSOD Friend's Vista Ultimate system BSODs when a USB stick is inserted This only happens when inserting one of three flash drives he owns I've tried two drives of my own and cannot reproduce the problem I have the minidumps not but am not sure how to analyze them After reboot Vista gives this Quote Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode b BCP C BCP FFFFF CB D BCP FFFFFA C BCP OS Version Service Pack Vista64 BSOD on Certain USB Stick Insert Product Attempted fixes Googled Vista64 BSOD on Certain USB Stick Insert a bunch for those strings tried reinstalling nvidia Vista64 BSOD on Certain USB Stick Insert drivers as they were recently updated Recent changes He says nothing beyond driver updates for his XFX GT This started about a month ago with no major changes System has worked fine for six months prior to this -- Operating system Vista Ultimate SP System specs Asus V -P G barebone x GB Patriot PC - RAM C D E XFX GeForce GT v W PSU I have Googled and read the FAQ Yes a bunch I've only found issues related to blue screens at boot or such Nothing to quite match this situation

A:Vista64 BSOD on Certain USB Stick Insert

Is this also your post?: http://www.vistax64.com/general-disc...ck-insert.html

If so...

Quote:

1. Update the USB drivers (usually part of the mobo/chipset drivers)
2. Go to Device Manager and check for Hidden Devices in the View menu.
See if any of them has issues.
3. Check the USB stick on another system to see if it repeats there. Disable all autorun stuff on the stick.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/vista64-bsod-on-certain-usb-stick-insert-400181.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hello guys!
I get the BSOD crash memory dump after plug in a Sony Storage Media USB Device (4GB). Those are the stop info:
0?0000008E (0?60000005, 0?82CD02EE, 0?8A5976A0, 0?00000000)
After restarting (with the stick plugged in) all seams to be fine and I can normally use and work with the content on the stick.
If you please could look at the memory dump file and explain me why is that happening I will be thankful.

A:BSOD when I plugin a Memory stick

I've never heard of a USB drive causing BSOD, but its definately got something to do with the device driver or the USB drie itself is broken.
See if you can uninstall the driver, restart Windows and plug in the USB drive again.

To be honest these things are so chep these days, if I was you I'd just bin it and get something else (not Sony).

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/76943-bsod-when-i-plugin-memory-stick.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Hello People I ve searched for hours now with google but I didn t find anything useful about either how a a TrackPoint ? Repair Stick / Pointing / Stick Track Trackpoint works or how one Repair a TrackPoint / Track Stick / Pointing Stick ? of these can be repaired I m doing this because I want to get my old Compaq LTE Repair a TrackPoint / Track Stick / Pointing Stick ? working neatly again It s not as useful as a laptop rightnow because of a broken trackpoint and a broken battery Repair a TrackPoint / Track Stick / Pointing Stick ? I ve already found a tutorial how to get NiCd and NiMh Batteries working again Going to try that tomorrow Well there s another possibility for getting a TrackPoint to that old Compaq I ve got a broken Toshiba with Trackpoint as well Motherboard or Screen or both gone That Trackpoint works well with the Compaq Only problem is that I can t use the connectors to put that Trackpoint anywhere outside the case Question How do I prolong foil wrapped cables Maybe I m writing a bit confused but that s only because it s late here in CH Greetings Hans nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/repair-a-trackpoint-track-stick-pointing-stick.509827/
Relevancy 45.15%

Anyone know of a netbook (small laptop) that has a pointing stick / trackpoint like IBM has on most of their regular sized notebooks?

I love the trackpoints to the point that i wont buy a notebook without one.
The touchpad only option is so 1990's

Id love to get a ASUS eee, but there's no way ill by one, or a similar netbook that dont have a trackpoint.

Other names the keyboard mouse trackpoint goes by for tagging / searching purposes:

TrackPoint
PointStick
NX Point
Pointing
StickPoint
QuickPoint
Track Stick
AccuPoint
FineTrack
Mouse emulator
Pointing Stick

Thanks for looking.
Any and all suggestions are greatly appreciated.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/netbook-with-trackpoint-pointing-stick-track-stick.812365/
Relevancy 44.72%

Recently I updated my Triple Channel Corsair 6 GB, (3 x 2048MB) DDR3, 1333MHz, with the same kit of 6gb memory sticks, and win 7 suddenly - now and then - starts to enter in BSOD. It has happened twice today, and once it just freezed. When i boot sometimes it only recognizes 10gb`s of RAM, sometimes the whole 12gbs. I attach the small .dmp. Thanks for help.

A:BSOD and one memory stick unseen after upgrade..

Welcome to SF, duajisin,

Usually, we request bsod uploads as follows:

BSOD Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-debugging/96879-blue-screen-death-bsod-posting-instructions.html
However, looking at the one dmp, I see two issues:
1. It crashed due to mmc.exe - that's your memory management console.

sptd.sys

Please remove any CD virtualization programs such as Daemon Tools and Alcohol 120%. They use a driver, found in your dmp, sptd.sys, that is notorious for causing BSODs. Use this SPTD uninstaller when you're done: http://www.duplexsecure.com/en/downloads
I think you have a bad memory stick. Remove the sptd per instructions. Next remove one memory stick and test. If you still have problems, replace and remove the second memory stick. Problems? Then the third memory stick.
You can run memtest86+ to test memory.
Memtest 86+

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/105647-ram-test-memtest86.html
Let us know how things are after following all these steps. Good luck!

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/125950-bsod-one-memory-stick-unseen-after-upgrade.html
Relevancy 44.72%

hiya all I have a friend who is not very good with computers and i have a little bit of know how with them however hes having BSOD when moving files to a memory stick and downloading files codes that he was getting are x while USB files to moving stick BSOD or downlaoding E and from from WhoCrashed software i ran on the dumps were On Fri GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows Minidump Minidump - - dmp This was probably caused by the following module ntoskrnl exe nt x EFC Bugcheck code xE xFFFFF x xFFFFFA BD D xFFFFFA BD D Error WORKER THREAD RETURNED AT BAD IRQL file path C Windows system ntoskrnl exe product Microsoft Windows Operating System company Microsoft Corporation description NT Kernel amp System Bug check description This indicates that a worker thread completed and returned with IRQL at DISPATCH LEVEL or above This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem The crash took place in the Windows BSOD while downlaoding or moving files to USB stick kernel Possibly this problem is caused by another driver which cannot be identified at this time That was the last one i BSOD while downlaoding or moving files to USB stick have attached the dump files he has i hope you can help on this if any more info is needed just say and i will update thanks for you time

A:BSOD while downlaoding or moving files to USB stick

Welcome aboard.

here is the crash report:

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck E1, {fffff8000337d560, 2, fffffa800987cbd0, fffffa800987cbd0}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!IopProcessWorkItem+0 )

---------
According to Carrona.org, STOP 0x000000E1: WORKER_THREAD_RETURNED_AT_BAD_IRQL Usual causes: Device driver.

But, there is no such probable cause. In such a situation, it is better to enable Driver Verifier to monitor the drivers.

Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable

Run Driver Verifier for 24 hours or the occurrence of the next crash, whichever is earlier.

Let us know the results, with the subsequent crash dumps, if any.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/258042-bsod-while-downlaoding-moving-files-usb-stick.html
Relevancy 44.72%

I have windows 8 32 bit OS. So I planned to install Windows 8 64 bit OS.Hence I made a bootable USB drive of the iso image. On booting with the usb drive It caused BSOD.
It have attached the dump files.

A:Booting with windows 8 64bit USB stick causes BSOD

Your attachment only contained info about your current Win 8 Enterprise 32 bit so it does not help much.
I suggest:
Make sure you have the latest BIOS installedRebuild the USB stick from ISO
Then try again.

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/32888-booting-windows-8-64bit-usb-stick-causes-bsod.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I had Ubuntu 16.10 loaded on this stick but the o/s proved too much for it. I ended up swapping it out for a lighter-weight Debian based distribution which is still installed as far as I recall. I would like to reinstall Win10 now ( it came with Win8.1 + upgrade to Win10), but I have run into this error, see title.

I'm afraid I can't provide any more info.

I have updated the firmware with this file and it finished installing successfully but still no cigar. The boot order is set to USB media and secure boot is disabled. I have tried Windows Media creation tool, Win10 iso using Rufus etc etc. All end in BSOD.

Anyone any ideas?

TIA

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/70047-intel-compute-stick-stck1a32wfc-bsod-acpi_bios_error.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I've been trying to tackle this problem for a while now here are some other threads on other websites i've already posted elsewhere http www techspot com vb topic html post old ASUSTeK Computer Inc -Forum- Random Win Lock-UP with no notification The attached memdumps range from september to december please give them all a look-over I generally do not get a BSOD with this problem I'd say it Unstable, sticks freezing/BSOD 2 ram stick Stable, 1 happens about to every times I get a freeze which the computer freezes and I cannot do anything but restart To avoid this problem I have found that running only stick of gb ram I will have zero noticible issues 1 stick ram Stable, 2 sticks Unstable, freezing/BSOD I ran it this way for a month without a single freeze or bsod the problem is I don't want to be only running gb for the rest of the life of this brand new x system I'd like to have gb ram at some point Specs Win Ultimate bit I - P P D-E PRO Corsair Dominator GB x TW X G C D Corsair TX PSU EVGA GTS WD TB Caviar Black I have recently updated to the newest available bios didn't fix the problem Have also run memtest up to passes and with no errors Have tried setting voltage in bios to specified v with no luck

A:1 stick ram Stable, 2 sticks Unstable, freezing/BSOD

Hello,

Have you tried running Memtest86 on the stick of RAM you took out?

RAM - Test with Memtest86+

Also, uninstall Daemon Tools, as it is using SPTD. When that is done, remove SPTD with this tool: http://www.duplexsecure.com/download...t-v174-x64.exe

...Summary of the dumps:

Code:

Built by: 7600.16617.amd64fre.win7_gdr.100618-1621
Debug session time: Sat Dec 25 10:04:47.080 2010 (UTC - 5:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:08:03.516
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KiPageFault+260 )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0xA
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0xA_nt!KiPageFault+260
Debug session time: Fri Oct 22 18:12:24.208 2010 (UTC - 5:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 7:46:42.254
Probably caused by : Ntfs.sys ( Ntfs! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+2cc9 )
PROCESS_NAME: iexplore.exe
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x24
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x24_Ntfs!_??_::FNODOBFM::_string_+2cc9
Debug session time: Wed Oct 6 17:36:14.096 2010 (UTC - 5:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 7:55:40.532
Probably caused by : win32k.sys ( win32k!RFONTOBJ::bInit+6d9 )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x7f_8
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x7f_8_win32k!RFONTOBJ::bInit+6d9
Debug session time: Thu Sep 30 23:07:46.040 2010 (UTC - 5:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 7:24:16.476
Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiReplenishPageSlist+100 )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x1E_c0000005
PROCESS_NAME: wmplayer.exe
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x1E_c0000005_nt!MiReplenishPageSlist+100
Debug session time: Sat Sep 18 23:08:13.787 2010 (UTC - 5:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:18:23.833
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!ExpInterlockedPopEntrySListFault16+0 )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x1E_c0000005
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x1E_c0000005_nt!ExpInterlockedPopEntrySListFault16+0
Debug session time: Tue Sep 14 15:50:52.202 2010 (UTC - 5:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:17:29.638
Probably caused by : cdd.dll ( cdd!CHwCommandBuffer::FlushGdiCommands+22d )
PROCESS_NAME: csrss.exe
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x7E_cdd!CHwCommandBuffer::FlushGdiCommands+22d
Debug session time: Wed Sep 8 23:39:39.150 2010 (UTC - 5:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 5:32:55.586
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for aswFsBlk.SYS
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for aswFsBlk.SYS
Probably caused by : aswFsBlk.SYS ( aswFsBlk+5463 )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x50
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x50_aswFsBlk+5463
Debug session time: Fri Sep 3 23:57:12.566 2010 (UTC - 5:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 9:42:15.002
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32k.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for win32k.sys
Probably caused by : memory_corruption
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: CODE_CORRUPTION
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x50
F... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/133662-1-stick-ram-stable-2-sticks-unstable-freezing-bsod.html
Relevancy 44.29%

-Windows 7 Pro x64
-Brand new install from Microsoft.com
-Full retail version

-All hardware is brand new
-Reinstalled the OS today.

Brand new build - I can get into Windows with only 1 stick of RAM installed and no Graphics Card (other than the on-board video card).
-Windows is updated and verified.
-Installed drivers for LAN and USB3.0.
-If I add the second stick of RAM or try and add (1 of 2) graphics cards then I get a quick BSOD flash as "Starting Windows" begins to complete the windows logo. Removing either of these items allows me to get back in with no problems.

Looking forward to hearing from you guys about this. I'm completely new to building and excited about trying this puppy out soon.

Thanks in advance!

A:BSOD/Resetting when adding 2nd stick of RAM or graphics card.

Quote: Originally Posted by jd1980

-Windows 7 Pro x64
-Brand new install from Microsoft.com
-Full retail version

-All hardware is brand new
-Reinstalled the OS today.

Brand new build - I can get into Windows with only 1 stick of RAM installed and no Graphics Card (other than the on-board video card).
-Windows is updated and verified.
-Installed drivers for LAN and USB3.0.
-If I add the second stick of RAM or try and add (1 of 2) graphics cards then I get a quick BSOD flash as "Starting Windows" begins to complete the windows logo. Removing either of these items allows me to get back in with no problems.

Looking forward to hearing from you guys about this. I'm completely new to building and excited about trying this puppy out soon.

Thanks in advance!

No DMP files included in upload. Please try this method.

We do need the DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.

You may be able to get the DMP files without crashing by booting into safe mode (F8) with networking.

To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.

The procedure:

* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
*If the files are too large please upload them to a file sharing service like "Rapidshare" and put a link to them in your reply.
To ensure minidumps are enabled:

* Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
* Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
* Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
* Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
* Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
* OK your way out.
* Reboot if changes have been made.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/185057-bsod-resetting-when-adding-2nd-stick-ram-graphics-card.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I am just starting out installation from 7 stick stick working?! not Windows USB USB now learning Windows I am reading an ebook by Mclean and Thomas titled Configuring Windows In chapter regarding installing Windows using a USB source the procedure to prepare the USB device is as follows Connect the USB storage device to a computer running Windows or Windows Vista Ensure that the storage device has no data stored on it that you want to keep or that you have moved such data to another storage device because this procedure removes all existing data Open an elevated command prompt and type diskpart At the DISKPART gt prompt type list disk Identify which disk connected to the computer represents the USB storage device At the DISKPART gt prompt type select disk X where X is the number of the disk that you have identified as the USB storage device At the DISKPART gt prompt type clean When the disk is clean type create partition primary At the DISKPART gt prompt type format fs fat quick When the format is completed type active and then exit After you have completed these steps Windows 7 installation from USB stick now USB stick not working?! copy all the files located on the Windows installation DVD to the USB storage device Configure the BIOS computer on which you want to install Windows to boot from the USB storage device Attach the USB storage device and then reboot the computer to start installation QUESTION Why do you need to go through the above rigmarole when you can just go to My Computer right click the USB drive format followed by quick format Is there something I am missing By the way step above what is the command prompt order to copy the entire contents of a DVD to the USB storage device QUESTION I was playing around with some of the diskpart commands and it seems I have accidently inactivated by USB flash drive When I go to my computer it displays the USB flash drive under Devices and Removable storage as device H but when I try to open it it gives the error please insert a disk into H Removable Disk and when I go to properties it says Free space bytes and Used space bytes When I try to format it in Windows I get the error Windows was unable to complete the format How do I get my USB flash drive back working Many thanks in advance

A:Windows 7 installation from USB stick now USB stick not working?!

Try method two in this tutorial:
USB Windows 7 Installation Key Drive - Create

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/209266-windows-7-installation-usb-stick-now-usb-stick-not-working.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi everyone I don't usually like joining forums just to help myself shake you can stick ups, codes BSOD freezes, at. Lock more than error and a out but I don't think any of the ones I'm a long standing member of have the expertise Lock ups, freezes, BSOD and more error codes than you can shake a stick at. to fix the problems I'm having I'm following the BSOD posting instructions as much as I can so here are my specs OS Windows Pro x About months old - build and OS install CPU Phenom II not overclocked Video Card ATi TOXIC no more overclocked than it came MotherBoard MSI GD Power Supply PC Power and Cooling Silencer I put my current Lock ups, freezes, BSOD and more error codes than you can shake a stick at. PC together around the middle of December I added a new CPU mainboard and RAM to my existing machine as well as a fresh Windows install on a new HDD I used the upgrade version and just installed it twice as I didn't fancy cloning my old XP install to a new disk just to burn over it if that makes a difference For the entire time I've operated the PC it has been plagued by Screen freezes - Hard reset required BSOD HyperTransport Sync Flood Error - Not sure what this is Unprompted restarts Something I can only describe as quot the screen going all jumbly quot which requires a hard reset I've accrued the BCCodes e b e and Does anyone have an idea what might be causing this I figured graphics from the scrambled screen but it's difficult to trigger or predict any of the previously mentioned problems There seems to be no consistent cause and the system is often stable for the longest amount of time when playing games - where you might think a graphics issue might surface I've kept the drivers for both the GPU and motherboard up to date but I don't know what else to try to fix this I've attached the advised files to the bottom of this post If anyone can help it Lock ups, freezes, BSOD and more error codes than you can shake a stick at. would be much appreciated Thanks Niko

A:Lock ups, freezes, BSOD and more error codes than you can shake a stick at.

Please go to Device Manager and uninstall the Teredo Tunneling Adapter(s) by right clicking on them and selecting "Uninstall"

Your msinfo32 report shows 18 BSOD's since 20 Dec 2009 (OS installed on 19 Dec 2009):
1 STOP 0x117 in atikmdag.sys
4 STOP 0x124
2 STOP 0x1E in usbport.sys
6 STOP 0x3B in different drivers
3 STOP 0x7E in different drivers
1 STOP 0xA in usbport.sys
1 unknown STOP error (dated 23 Feb 10 at 00:11) in atikmdag.sys

Older drivers:
LVUSBS64.sys 5/9/2007 11:21:07 PM
LV302V64.SYS 5/9/2007 11:22:39 PM
These belong to a Logitech USB camera. Please update them or remove the camera (and it's drivers) until we're finished testing.

The number of different errors and causes tends to suggest a hardware problem with your system. The fact that it's been happening since you installed this copy of the OS tends to confirm this suspicion. Did you have problems with this system before you installed the OS on 19 Dec 2009? If so, then that makes it all but certain that there's a hardware problem.

So, let's start with these free hardware diagnostics:

Quote:

H/W Diagnostics:
Please start by running these bootable hardware diagnostics:
http://www.carrona.org/memdiag.html (read the details at the link)
http://www.carrona.org/hddiag.html (read the details at the link)

Also, please run one of these free, independent online malware scans to ensure that your current protection hasn't been compromised: http://www.carrona.org/malware.html (read the details at the link)

If that doesn't show anything, then please run these free stress tests:

Quote:

Try this free video stress test: http://www.ozone3d.net/benchmarks/fur/

Quote:

FurMark Setup:
- If you have more than one GPU, select Multi-GPU during setup
- In the Run mode box, select "Stability Test" and "Log GPU Temperature"
Click "Go" to start the test
- Run the test until the GPU temperature maxes out - or until you start having problems (whichever comes first).
- Click "Quit" to exit

Try this free stress test: http://www.mersenne.org/freesoft/

Quote:

Prime95 Setup:
- extract the contents of the zip file to a location of your choice
- double click on the executable file
- select "Just stress testing"
- select the "Blend" test. If you've already run MemTest overnight you may want to run the "Small FFTs" test instead.
- "Number of torture test threads to run" should equal the number of CPU's times 2 (if you're using hyperthreading).
The easiest way to figure this out is to go to Task Manager...Performance tab - and see the number of boxes under CPU Usage History
Then run the test for 6 to 24 hours - or until you get errors (whichever comes first).
The Test selection box and the stress.txt file describes what components that the program stresses.

Here's a summary of the 16 BSOD's in the upload:

Code:
Debug session time: Sat Dec 19 20:35:44.145 2009 (GMT-5)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:00:07.831
BugCheck 124, {0, fffffa80049598f8, 0, 0}
Probably caused by : hardware
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Debug session time: Mon Jan 11 19:16:21.054 2010 (GMT-5)
System Uptime: 0 days 4:38:30.380
BugCheck 1000007E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff80002e6caa8, fffff880031fc8c8, fffff880031fc120}
Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiRemoveUnusedSubsection+88 )
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
Debug session... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/lock-ups-freezes-bsod-and-more-error-codes-than-you-can-shake-a-stick-at-464317.html
Relevancy 43.86%

BSOD many different causes over time Lately just been having trouble plugging iphone in but computer has not been great for a while now im using an old IDE harddrive atm in different plugging iphone causes time this time over BSOD many due to bluescreen happening when i BSOD many different causes over time this time plugging iphone in have OS installed on a SATA drive i have tried different SATA leads and different sata power leads I have tried downgrading and updating bios to no avail whenever i have a another SATA drive connected my drive sounds like it is spinning down very unusual noise then of time it will bluescreen after hearing spinning down noise currently i have IDE with OS on win bit currently and another TB harddrive just with alot of data on nothing running from it just files that drive always seems fine even though its a SATA drive whenever i run an OS from SATA drive though seems to crash Any light you can shed on this would be appreciated i will attach the files created from dump

A:BSOD many different causes over time this time plugging iphone in

Update your USB 3.0 Driver

Click link below

https://www.asus.com/support/Download/1/32/P7P55D-E/29/

Click on the + sign next to USB click on Global to download
Please take a look at this link and post the log with your reply.

Windows Genuine and Activation Issue Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/286790-bsod-many-different-causes-over-time-time-plugging-iphone.html
Relevancy 42.57%

I have 2 Corsiar vs512mb400 sticks of ram

and i want to add another one...............

but when i stick the Vs1gb400c3 in that i bought it does not work

It still tells me i only have 1 gig

For sum reason mixing them around does not help the preoblem eather

and Yes iv tryed to just put the 1 gig stick in, and it works fine

Its like the 2 sticks just cancel the big one out all together
No my Ram is not doulbe sided

here r the web http://www.dealtime.com/xPF-Corsair_...RAM_VS512MB400 THIS Is the 512 Sticks i have (2 OFthem)
And The 1 Gig stick i have http://www99.shopping.com/xPF-Corsai..._Free_2nd_Day_
I dont belive they r doulbe sided and my mother board says that it can hold 2gigs of 400mz Ram

Relevancy 39.56%

i currently have 2x1gb of ram..... i heard vista with X86 can only handle 3gbs of ram, so can i put in 1x2gb stick in with a 1xgb stick, so i would have 2 memory sticks but one would be 1 gb and the other 2 gb to equal 3 gb? or do the both have to be same sticks ?? or can vista handle 4 gbs of ram??

Relevancy 37.84%

. . . into the headphone jack to record? I've done this and I've found that the mic is able to pic up sounds from a greater distance than if I just plugged it into the mic.

I'm not sure why it does that but I do find it helpful in some cases. Why does it do that, and it doesn't damage the computer does it?

http://www.vistax64.com/sound-audio/263579-bad-plugging-mic.html
Relevancy 37.84%

I am trying to refurbish an emachines 700k for my sister "It has MSI motherboard The Micro ATX IR2 is a high-performance motherboard based on the AMD® Athlon ® processor. " Simple question, where do i plug in the six wire plug from the power/reset button on the case , into the mother board.

I have a general idea, but there are too many pins to choose from
the location has the following two rows of pins, with the j's representing jumpered pins

xxxxxx x
xxxJJxx x

the plugs consist of red and black together, and blue yellow green space white.

Somebody help me please

A:Plugging in

Manuals are here if you dont have one
http://www.msi.com.tw/program/support/manual/mnu/spt_mnu_list.php?kind=1&CHIP=Socket A&ID=3

Would help more but I need the exact model of the board so I can look up the manual to refer to.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/plugging-in.204721/
Relevancy 37.41%

I have a number of still photos of scenery, machinery, and such that would make great "establishing shots" for MPEG "films". However, even if they could be "plugged in" somehow, a single JPG image would last only a fraction of a second. Is there any means of "translating" JPGs into an image format that can run for several seconds and be spliced into an MPG, AVI, WMV, or other "movie" format?

-- Dick Eney

A:Plugging *.jpg into *.mpg files

Movie Studio http://www.sonymediasoftware.com/forums/default.asp can do it. If you put jpeg into a track (there's 4 or 5) you can either click and drag to stretch the viewing time or duplicate it as many times as needed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/plugging-jpg-into-mpg-files.455140/
Relevancy 37.41%

I have a pcchips m a rev amd motherboard socket ghz and in the last shuts pc plugging in usb down few weeks I have had a problem that eveytime I plug in a usb the pc shuts down I plugging in usb shuts down pc replaced the motherboard for the very same type believing that to be the issue but I have the same problem still Now even more baffling is my keyboard and mouse are wireless usb devices yet they work and cause no problems I have researched a lot on these issues and have tried many things but to no avail could it be an issue with sp I have tried renaming intelppm in system drivers but no avail I have searched for intelppm in regedit but it does not find the blue screen I get when I plug in a usb is 'stop x E ' I have deleted usb hubs in device manager and no joy either anyone able to help with this problem plugging in usb shuts down pc cheers in advance Carl

A:plugging in usb shuts down pc

First what device(s) are you plugging into the ports?
Is a device driver or file name listed on the second line of the bsod message?
Does it only happen on the front usb ports, rear usb ports or both?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/plugging-in-usb-shuts-down-pc-479762.html
Relevancy 37.41%

Getting ready to do the install on my new SSD with some trepidation. I have Raptors in Raid 0 right now and would like to simply unplug them, set the BIOS to AHCI and use the 0 port for the SSD experiment/potential fiasco. What I hope to be able to do if the SSD doesn't like me, is to unplug it, set the BIOS back to Raid, plug in the Raptors and pretend the whole thing never happened. Does this stand a chance of working?

A:Plugging and Unplugging!

I wouldnt unplug the raptor raid - if you use intel raid (the one i'm sure of and probably similar, or the same for others) when you enable raid in the bios it also enables AHCI - so you should be good to go with testing the ssd drive - just unplugging a raid array can be very hard to set up again - i did it years ago and it was a miracle i got it back up and going again (that included reinstalling the OS) so not recommended - it also depends what options are available in the raid rom (i think its called) which you set it up in before you install the OS. From memory, which is bad, the problem was it couldnt recognise one or both the drives.
It depends on your motherboard I guess but for mind it should be ok - running raid and using the same controller to use a ssd drive in AHCI mode - but treat this as my opinion - you should be able to find information on your motherboards site, or intel etc's, site. Or wait for more replies as Im uncertain and more repies means more suggestions.
If it has 2 controllers eg intel and jmicron use the JMICRON if it supports AHCI to be on the safe side.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/167270-plugging-unplugging.html
Relevancy 37.41%

I have a friends computer i m working on and its a dell dimension c Recently the cd rw drive quit working after that quit working I started seeing the blue screen it didn t syaing anything except the usual restart etc etc except I in hd bluescreen? gets plugging can t get into anything bios windows etc etc windows will plugging in hd gets bluescreen? attempt to load but continues to blue screen when i seen this i thought unplug the hd and see what happens well when i unplugged the hd i started it up proceeded to launch from the cd because there was no hd it started to install then i plugged the hd in just to play around and see what happens as soon as i did that it went blue screen i unplugged it tried it again and same thing I m thinking maybe it was the hd on the other hand i took the hd and hooked it up to my computer and proceeded to use it like a slave although its amd so its not a slave but right now i m in the process of reformatting the hd to see if maybe after being reformatted it will install correctly and not blue screen thus this resulting from something being oon the hd that might have been stopping it like a virus malware etc etc although I have yet to come to a conclusion haha Any Thoughts Thanks James nbsp

A:plugging in hd gets bluescreen?

That's interesting. I've never seen that before. What's the exact Bluescreen STOP error?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/plugging-in-hd-gets-bluescreen.903977/
Relevancy 37.41%

Hello...I recently bought Windows 7 and installed a new RAM(my old was 2gb RAM) and upgraded to 4gb....so heres the problem,Sometimes when i plug something in my USB ports my computer randomly shutsdown..mostly after 30mins or so....I have a guess this is power supply problem?....im not sure how to fix it..Does anyone have any fix on this?..Thank you

P.S I am not having this problem before when im in Windows XP and only 2Gb of RAM...

A:PC Shutsdown when plugging USB

1. System Specs?
2. DAEMON Tools Lite is known to crash Windows, uninstall it

Whats is the device that shuts it down, or is it any USB device?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/251453-pc-shutsdown-when-plugging-usb.html
Relevancy 37.41%

Alright, when I plug a USB into the front of my CPU, my computer automatically restarts.

I don't know why this is happening.

Relevancy 37.41%

I have two set of usb headset and I want it work at the same time, the functions should work both, it could be listening or the other is on the mic.

Is it posible? cause I always end up using one and the other is idle or not functioning.

Pls... help if you have any idea to work it out!!!

Thanks!

A:Plugging two set of usb headset! How?

I believe I may have found a way to do this..

First download and install Virtual audio cable from http://spider.nrcde.ru/music/software/eng/vac.html

Next.. go into device manager/ sounds and multimedia/ audio tab/ and select one of your soundcard's waveout device as the preferred playback device.. Make sure "use only preferred devices" at the bottom of the page is unchecked!

Next start up "audio repeater" in the virtual audio cable program group. Set the wave in as the same soundcard wave device you put as a preferred device in your control panel. Set the output as your second soundcard's waveout device.

Enjoy!

PS. I believe this will only work if your USB headsets use different drivers.. IE different models/manufactuer.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/plugging-two-set-of-usb-headset-how.321534/
Relevancy 37.41%

Hi, I have a Sapphire 9800 Pro, how can I play my PS2 on my moniter?

A:Plugging PS2 to 9800PRo?

As I understand that card, it has no Video Input.

So you can't.

It has TV out but thats no help. You need Video Input/Video Capture facilities. Thats usually only available on the upper end of the range of cards.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/plugging-ps2-to-9800pro.277363/
Relevancy 37.41%

i just got a tv in my room and i want to connect it to my computer if thats possible. i have a plug in the back of my video card and a cable that connects to it. that cable fits my Video 1 in S-Video slot on my TV. what do i do next? or is this plug just a replacement for my tv to act as a monitor?

Relevancy 37.41%

I have a Nvidia GeForce 8400M GS on a Lenovo laptop. The laptop only has a VGA card and I have tried a VGA to RCB cable, but it does not work. Want to know if I have to get a converter or is there another solution?

Many Thanks.

Relevancy 37.41%

Hello I had in USB Devices G19 and Plugging just bought a G keyboard for my wife we both have windows Of course we first get it we get giddy with excitement because G19 and Plugging in USB Devices this looks like an awesome keyboard We install the software from the CD then plug it in it works fine and operates as expected We plug in a USB flash drive because it says we can finally do that now and the keyboard just stops working i tried to rescan for hardware changes unplug it and plug it back in I notice the processor usage jumps to almost and after looking at the resource monitor it's stuck on System Interruption and doesn't go away until I reboot the machine After that I see this problem it just happens randomly even without any devices plugged in So I download the latest version of the software from logitech and install it Works great again so later I tried to plugin our camera to the keyboard again same problems as before reboot and works fine One thing I noticed is that it's showing Logitech G 's in my Device and Printers section with different sets of hardware on it So pretty much we cannot plugin any data related devices to the keyboard without it failing Should I send it back or is it just not working with Data related usb devices Any thoughts would be great Thanks

A:G19 and Plugging in USB Devices

Are you plugging the USB flash drive into one of the ports on the keyboard or the main system? As far as I am aware (and someone will probably correct me on this), the sockets provided on keyboards are mainly intended so that you can plug a mouse or pen/tablet pad in.

It could also be down to the USB mode. A keyboard is typically a USB 1.0 or 1.1 device (there is no point in it being any faster) and, as such, the port to which it is connected effectively becomes a 1.0 or 1.1 port. This means that any device plugged into the socket(s) on the keyboard will be restricted to the slower speed associated with the USB 1.0 and/or 1.1 revisions. In effect, the maximum speed of a particular port is limited to the slowest device in the chain. If you attach a device that is normally 2.0 rated, such as a flash drive, it can cause your system to slow down whilst it ascertains what data is stored on it.

The reason why you've got 2 instances of the driver is probably because you have installed 2 sets of drivers - one from the accompanying CD and one that you've downloaded. I advise that you uninstall both sets of drivers (reboot after uninstalling) and then reinstall the one you downloaded.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/108902-g19-plugging-usb-devices.html
Relevancy 36.98%

Please help Anytime I plug something in my usb ports the whole system freezes It never used to do when plugging usb in anything system freezing this but now it does it every system freezing when plugging anything in usb time My mouse is ok doesnt seem to matter but if I plug in my ipod or mobile phone or a memory stick everything stops I have to cold start the whole system Even if I plug them in system freezing when plugging anything in usb and then turn on my pc it goes through the startup then freezes on the window progress bar where the little thing shuttles back and forwards the shuttle freezes and nothing happens So I have to unplug what ever it is that I have plugged in and start up again Then it goes ok If I try to plug anything in after the computer is up and running everything instantly freezes This is so frustrating I am not very computer literate so if you could break it down to dummy language it would be great Also it doesnt matter which usb I plug into the ones in front of the pc or the ones in the back same thing happens nbsp

Relevancy 36.98%

i plugged my usb on my pc then it suddenly disconnect then it appears again . after that i got a usb shortcut and i check it and i think my files there was ok.
So, whenever i plugged my usb drive it runs also the ddl32 and its preventing me to eject safely my usb i already scan it with avast,malwarebytes and microsoft MRT and yet no virus and malware has found

however i dont know how to fix any idea how to delete the shortcut without deleting also my files? any other software to use to scan my usb thanks in advance

A:run ddl32 when plugging a usb drive

When you delete a shortcut you only delete the shorter way to the place where you want to be, you don't remove the files.

What exactly do you mean with 'runs also the ddl32'?

http://www.eightforums.com/performance-maintenance/70487-run-ddl32-when-plugging-usb-drive.html
Relevancy 36.98%

My friend s laptop broke ,the reparator said it was cause he always plug it to the power and motherboard broken !
I dont think its a true ! Will the laptop broke if I didnt unplug it from the power ( more than 16 /24 hours plug to the power ) ?

A:Plugging the pc all the time will broke it ?

No.

Depending on how your battery charging is set up you may gradually experience shorter battery life (over a long period), but the motherboard doesn't break just because you leave the laptop plugged in all the time.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/232256-plugging-pc-all-time-will-broke.html
Relevancy 36.98%

DELL XPS Studio Vista Home Premium -bit So my wife picked up this virus the HDD Infectd another into an Dangerous?? - PC Plugging other day and from what I ve gathered its a killer virus Boot Sector Virus NOD found it win olmarik TDL trojan This is what I ve tried System Restore was NOT enabled so I could roll the system back NOD couldn t clean it Spysweeper didn t find anything Malwarebytes found something to clean but it just came back on reboot Tried restoring a system image from an Acronis backup but the virus screwed up the partitions and would list the external HDD as the C drive so Acronis couldn t do it s thing Tried a new OS install Plugging an Infectd HDD into another PC - Dangerous?? that worked fine until I rebooted and a Windows Plugging an Infectd HDD into another PC - Dangerous?? error message appeared again caused by the virus Anyway I found some posts on removing this virus but I don t have the time to post and wait for replies right now and my wife needs her laptop up running ASAP I ended up buying a new HDD and installed a fresh OS and it s clean I pulled the old HDD and am wondering if it is safe to plug it into another PC as an external HDD so I can either try to copy the DELL RECOVERY partition from it OR reformatting and fdisk-ing the MBR to get rid of the virus on this HDD so I can at least reuse this HDD - without spreading the virus to MY PCs Since I put a new HDD into my wifes laptop I lost the DELL PCRESTORE to factory settings can I just copy that partition from the old HDD to a Partition on the new HDD and have the Restore to Factory Install ability Thanks Jerold nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/plugging-an-infectd-hdd-into-another-pc-dangerous.1067176/
Relevancy 36.98%

I am installing a new motherboard, which 2 pins on the motherboard do i plug in the switch that turns on the computer?

A:plugging in a switch for power

Look at the documentation and it should show you which pins on the switch header are the correct ones. With out you providing any information we can not even begin to answer that question properly. You should always include system specs if when you ask for help finding a solution.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/plugging-in-a-switch-for-power.489485/
Relevancy 36.98%

I plugged in my WD hdd into my pc. Then i removed it, then i plugged it back, the logo of the hdd is gone. I double click it, it opens in a new window now instead of the same window which i open my computer in. Whats the problem here? A virus?

Relevancy 36.98%

Hey guys, i usually build my own systems, but my knowledge is pretty limited, i've always had 1 HD (250gb) in my pc, and now i have bought a new 1Tb hd. I have no idea how to plug it into my pc, and make it the main Hardrive to boot my new operating systems from. And usually the cables come with the HD, this time they didnt, so i dont even know what cables to get,.

Thats the exact link of my HD: http://www.komplett.no/k/ki.aspx?sku=355395
Its in norwegian, might wanna use google translator : http://translate.google.com/transla...ki.aspx?sku=355395&sl=no&tl=en&hl=en&ie=UTF-8

Or the name of the HD itself is: WD Caviar® Black 1TB 3,5", SATA

You can use all the technical words you want, if i dont get them, i might aswell research em
Thanks in Advance
Mark

Relevancy 36.98%

Okay here's my situation:

I got a SyncMaster 2253BW monitor, which is currently plugged into my PC. I recently acquired a PS3, and am now wanting to plug that into my monitor. That part is easy, as you can just get a DVI to HDMI converter. What I was wondering though, is if there's any way to get a cable, so I don't have to unplug my computer from my monitor. The cable would be any normal DVI cable, but at one end it would split into a HDMI and a DVI.

I hope I'm making sense

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/plugging-a-ps3-into-my-main-monitor.748907/
Relevancy 36.98%

Hi all,

My boss is in Arizona and when he plugs in cable at his sister's place, he cannot get on the internet but she can. Is there some configuration he needs to do?
Any help would be great!

A:No Internet After Plugging In Cable

By "plugs in cable" are you saying he is trying to connect to a broadband modem, router, or ?

Is he rebooting the modem or router and then booting his computer?

Is this computer usually used by plugging a cable/dsl modem into its ethernet connection or does it usually use a modem connected to a regular phone line and a dialup ISP?

Has he tried the "New Connection" wizard in Win XP?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/50777/no-internet-after-plugging-in-cable/
Relevancy 36.98%

Hi all I bought my son a Logitec Quick Cam Pro for x-mas It was installed as per directions Camera was lagging badly My son also got a digital cam that we found could be used as a web cam So we decided to scrap the Logitech USB Unit Crashes Plugging When Into for now and use the digital camera We disconnected Logitech and removed the software using the Windows XP program The regular cam works great BUT if I plug in a flash drive or his iPod the screen goes black and you need to hold the power button in for it to restart If you leave the flash drive etc plugged in the computer will just Unit Crashes When Plugging Into USB crash again If you unplug it and restart it will boot up fine but asks you about running safe mode I say no and all works well but with the notice of sending an error report Click no and it runs smoothly Device Manager says all is good You can plug in the digital cam and all is well anything else and CRASH Can someone please help me with this I'm guessing it's a driver problem conflict But I don't want to mess up his computer World of Warcraft amp YouTube are his life lol Sorry for the extra long post but I wanted to give details Info on his system Compaq Presario S WM Windows XP SP G Ram

A:Unit Crashes When Plugging Into USB

Could be a driver problem for sure. I recommend going to the motherboard manufacturer's website and download the latest chipset drivers. Install the chipset drivers and see if the problem goes away.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/unit-crashes-when-plugging-into-usb-331260.html
Relevancy 36.98%

I just built a computer yesterday and I have been having trouble using USB devices, mostly a USB wifi stick. Running Windows 7 service pack 1. Problem event is Blue Screen, OS Version is 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3 Locale ID is 1033. BCCode is 124 BCP2 FFFFFA80051A84B8 BCP1,3,4 are all zeros. Files that describe the problem C;\Windows\Minidump\080114-21902-01.dmp and C;|Users\Computer\AppData\Local\WER-35490-0.sysdata.xml
I have only installed drivers from the CD included with the motherboard. Specs AMD A6-6400k GIGABYTE F2A55M-HD2 Crucial Ballistix 4GB DDR3 1866 300w Power Supply

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/crashes-while-using-or-plugging-in-usb-devices.1130778/