Windows Support Forum

Sudden onset of BSOD's ntoskrnl.exe

Q: Sudden onset of BSOD's ntoskrnl.exe

Earlier tonight while watching a TV episode using KMPlayer I suddenly got a BSOD the computer restarts and windows works fine Except chrome now won't start stating it has encountered a problem and needs to close but works when I use ntoskrnl.exe Sudden onset BSOD's of the old chrome Sudden onset of BSOD's ntoskrnl.exe exe which I'm using now I thought it was a one time thing and go back to the episode it happens again about half an hour later Then about another half hour after that when I'm researching Sudden onset of BSOD's ntoskrnl.exe the issue Then again later when I was trying to drag the update window for malwarebytes to a side screen And just now when I clicked on a link to youtube in an email I've read other threads relating to ntoskrnl exe BSOD's and it seems that without knowing how to interpret the dump files I won't be getting anywhere Possibly relevant changes I've made today are I plugged a mic pre-amp into the line-in port on my soundcard which is left in there with the pre-amp turned off that knocked one of Sudden onset of BSOD's ntoskrnl.exe my DVI cables and I had to reconfigure nvidia surround I updated KMPlayer in hopes of reducing a slight stuttering issue I was having mins later this all happens I've already run ad-aware antivirus spybot search amp destory and malwarebytes anti-malware I also attempted to run SFC scannow but it failed at Any help will be appreciated I have attached the zip As an aside the computer is just over a year old has never had a single issue I don't have an antivirus program because I used to be a computer technician and am very careful plus they mess with my games it runs and I generally restart it every week or so

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Sudden onset of BSOD's ntoskrnl.exe

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Sudden onset of BSOD's ntoskrnl.exe

Welcome to the Forum.

Update these drivers:SiLib.sys Wed Feb 7 05:13:54 2007 (45C90BB2)
USBXpress Development Kit
Driver Reference Table - SiLib.sys

AseUSBCC.sys Wed Feb 7 05:15:34 2007 (45C90C16)
Aladdin USB Key HASP Driver (also associated w/Antec Liquid Cooling software)
Driver Reference Table - AseUSBCC.sys

wacommousefilter.sys Sat Feb 17 00:12:17 2007 (45D5F401)
Wacom(tablet) Mouse Filter
Driver Reference Table - wacommousefilter.sys

lirsgt.sys Tue Jun 17 21:17:08 2008 (4857D574)
part of a Copy Protection platform developed by Tages SA
Driver Reference Table - lirsgt.sys

GEARAspiWDM.sys Mon May 18 18:17:04 2009 (4A1151C0)
CD-ROM Class Filter Driver by Gear Software.[br]Also comes with iTunes
Driver Reference Table - GEARAspiWDM.sys
------------------------
To perform a clean install of a driver, follow this tutorial: How to Clean Left Over Driver Files with Driver Sweeper
------------------------

Information
and install Revo Uninstaller.Opt for "Advanced Mode" and uninstall the software (also delete the leftover registry entries).

------------------------
Run the System File Checker that scans the of all protected Windows 7 system files and replaces incorrect corrupted, changed/modified, or damaged versions with the correct versions if possible: Click on the
Type CMD on Search
Left click and Run as Administrator
Type SFC /scannow - read here
Run Disk Check on your Hard Drive for file system errors and bad sectors on it - read here
------------------------
Make scans with these tools - TDSSKiller Rootkit Removal Utility Free Download | Kaspersky Lab US
Online Virus Scanner Eset
Monitor hardware temperature with system monitoring software like Speccy or HWMonitor. Upload a screen shot of the Summary tab as well:Piriform - Speccy
CPUID - HWMonitor
------------------------
If BSOD's continue, Enable Driver Verifier to see if it catches any misbehaving driver: Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable
Using Driver Verifier to identify issues with Drivers
BSOD SUMMARY

Code:
Built by: 7601.17514.amd64fre.win7sp1_rtm.101119-1850
Debug session time: Mon Sep 30 22:01:21.317 2013 (UTC + 6:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:47:26.176
BugCheck 109, {a3a039d8b3720594, b3b7465f05f047de, fffff80000b96bb0, 6}
Probably caused by : Unknown_Image ( ANALYSIS_INCONCLUSIVE )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x109
PROCESS_NAME: System
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Debug session time: Mon Sep 30 20:58:46.608 2013 (UTC + 6:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:45:49.451
BugCheck 109, {a3a039d8b3e52894, b3b7465f06636ade, fffff80000b96bb0, 6}
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Debug session time: Mon Sep 30 20:12:10.236 2013 (UTC + 6:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:15:58.080
BugCheck 109, {a3a039d8b433a768, b3b7465f06b1e9c2, fffff80000b96bb0, 6}
Debug session time: Mon Sep 30 19:55:17.678 2013 (UTC + 6:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:45:50.411
BugCheck 109, {a3a039d8b59af5bb, b3b7465f08193805, fffff80000b96bb0, 6}
Debug session time: Mon Sep 30 19:08:34.267 2013 (UTC + 6:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:46:00.110
BugCheck 109, {a3a039d8b41f651d, b3b7465f069da767, fffff80000b96bb0, 6}

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/306695-sudden-onset-bsods-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 91.59%

PCU: Intel(R) Core? i7-4820K Quad-Core 3.70 GHz
Motherboard :ASUS Sabertooth X79 ATX
Video: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 760 2GB GDDR5
Memory: 16GB (4GBx4) DDR3/2133MHz Quad Channel Corsair
HD: 256GB ADATA SP610 SSD And 2TB SATA III Hard Drive

Started getting random bsod's earlier this week. It seems once I have one while I am playing Guild Wars 2, that upon restart I have several more issues. I have already Updated my drivers, Scanned with both AVg free, and malware. Upon looking through my even viewer I have a single Kernel-Power Critical Error but many more normal errors such as: 10 WMI(application). 102 PNRPSvc(system), 1000 Application error(application), 1001 Bugcheck(system), 6008 eventlog(system), 7001 Service Control Manager(system)x2.

I am also attached the minidumps

A:Sudden onset of Multiple Bsod

The latest one is caused by Chrome.
The latest to secound one is caused by Netsh.
Update both of them.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/358520-sudden-onset-multiple-bsod.html
Relevancy 88.58%

Hey all I just hope someone here can help with my problem I have an ASUS N SF laptop that is about years old Very recently it has been giving me blue screen errors I have used blue screen viewer and tried updating some drivers and my net framework - however it still seems to be happening To my recollection I have Ntoskrnl/wdfsys01000.sys BSOD Random - onset not installed any recent new programs the only thing that may update are Random onset BSOD - Ntoskrnl/wdfsys01000.sys games in my steam library I can power on my PC on safe mode with network connection indefinitely however in windows proper it will blue Random onset BSOD - Ntoskrnl/wdfsys01000.sys screen at some point Very recently now also the battery light is flashing orange - even when connected to AC power I have looked through other topic posts but am unable to solve the problem on my own I would be most grateful if anyone can help me OS - Windows home premium bit Processor - Intel Core i QM CPU GHz Graphics card - NVIDIA GeForce GT M GB DDR VRAM As specified ALL my dmp files are attached - yeah there are a few Thanks in advance Kind regards Saj

A:Random onset BSOD - Ntoskrnl/wdfsys01000.sys

Hello,

Code:
Security Processor Loader Driver ROOT\LEGACY_SPLDR\0000 This device is not present, is not working properly, or does not have all its drivers installed.
This is caused by a corrupt install of an Anti-Virus program. Which ever AV you have uninstall it completely, and I recommend installing Microsoft Security Essentials - Microsoft Windows

Code:
Probably caused by : memory_corruption
It's possible that there may be something wrong with your ram. Run a RAM - Test with Memtest86+
Run for atleast 8 hours!

After this post back results.

-Gamer

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/330021-random-onset-bsod-ntoskrnl-wdfsys01000-sys.html
Relevancy 77.4%

I've had Windows installed since the Sudden issues onset of RTM has been available and I've had no issues until last night While browsing the internet last night windows explorer crashed and recovered about times then I'd see random copies of windows open and quickly close on the taskbar Shortly after bluescreen When I rebooted I went to play some Left Sudden onset of issues Dead and roughly every clicks I'd see my desktop flash up After that Sudden onset of issues I noticed Sudden onset of issues some other things if I try and click on a drop down box the entire program will appear to open and close it vanishes for a moment and reappears on the taskbar and if I drag a window slowly across the screen the entire screen goes white along with the taskbar apart from a few programs screencapped this For troubleshooting I've tried the following Switching from Aero to classic Running Windows update Updating graphics drivers Reseating graphics card Creating a new user account All problems gone on this user account so I'm sure there's something wrong with my user account itself So can anyone think what's going on here

A:Sudden onset of issues

Maybe scan for malware with your AV and Malwarebytes . . . but perhaps not if only affecting one account.

Also, another instance where system restore might provide a quick and easy fix if you have a recent restore point available from before this problem started occurring.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/28152-sudden-onset-issues.html
Relevancy 76.54%

Hi My name is Rock Vacirca and I am a writer on Virtual Worlds such as Second Life Blue Mars etc I thought I would beef up my blog template and downloaded some freebie templates to try out and Advertising onset Sudden of Popups an image viewer and since then I have had a sudden onset of advertising popups like Sudden onset of Advertising Popups this In case it is related just prior to seeing the first popup I found I could not right-click any file Sudden onset of Advertising Popups in Windows Explorer or right-click the desktop I got a Windows message that said they were terminating a program explorer exe before it could harm my machine I then rebooted and it paused on closedown for a while as it said AxWin had not terminated properly On restart I ran my AVG and it found two copies of Trojan Generic BGWZ in my Internet temporary files folder and put them into the Vault I then ran my Adaware and Spybot and apart from tracking cookies they both said my machine was clean However the popups came back today after switch-on and appear randomly when visiting the normal websites I go to such as the BBC news Sudden onset of Advertising Popups site several forums and my blogsite I attach my DDS txt my Ark txt the RSIT Info and Log files and the zipped Attach txt DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Colin at on Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT AV AVG Anti-Virus Free On-access scanning enabled Updated FOOTER Change skin language mark as read etc Running Processes C WINDOWS system nvsvc exeC WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunchsvchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcsC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k WudfServiceGroupsvchost exesvchost exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWService exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgchsvx exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgrsx exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exeC www Apache bin httpd exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC Program Files Common Files Autodesk Shared Service AdskScSrv exeC Program Files AVG AVG avgwdsvc exeC Program Files Java jre bin jqs exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC Program Files AVG AVG avgnsx exeC www Apache bin httpd exeC Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LVMVFM LVPrcSrv exeC Program Files McAfee SiteAdvisor McSACore exeC Program Files Autodesk ds Max mentalray satellite raysat dsMax server exeC Program Files MySQL MySQL Server bin mysqld-nt exeC Program Files CDBurnerXP NMSAccessU exeC WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvcC Program Files TortoiseSVN bin TSVNCache exeC WINDOWS Dit exeC WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXEC WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXEC Program Files Google Google Desktop Search GoogleDesktop exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exeC Program Files QuickTime qttask exeC Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exeC Program Files Logitech Logitech WebCam Software LWS exeC PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exeC Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync WCESCOMM EXEC Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeC Program Files Skype Phone Skype exeC WINDOWS system ctfmon exeC Program Files LG Soft India forteManager bin Monitor exeC Program Files Common Files Logishrd LQCVFX COCIManager exeC Program Files Microsoft Office Office msoffice exeC Program Files Skype Plugin Manager skypePM exeC WINDOWS system ntvdm exeC Program Files TrendMicro HiJackThis HiJackThis exeC WINDOWS system NOTEPAD EXEC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Temp dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google co uk uInternet Settings ProxyServer socks uInternet Settings ProxyOverride plimus com www plimus com regnow com www regnow com uSearchURL Default hxxp www google com keyword suURLSearchHooks McAfee SiteAdvisor Toolbar FOOTER Change skin language mark as read etc - c progra mcafee sitead mcieplg dlluURLSearchHooks AVG Security Toolbar BHO FOOTER Change skin language mark as read etc - c program files avg avg toolbar IEToolbar dllmURLSearchHooks AVG Security Toolbar BHO FOOTE... Read more

A:Sudden onset of Advertising Popups

Hello Rock Vacirca,My name is Syler and I will be helping you to solve your Malware issues. If you have since resolved your issues I would appreciate if youwould let me no so I can close this topic, if you still need help please let me no what issues you are still having, in your next reply.We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up.We need to create an OTL ReportPlease download OTL from one of the following mirrors:This is THE MirrorSave it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.Under the Custom Scans/Fixes box at the bottom, paste in the following bold text.%systemroot%\system32\*.dll /lockedfiles%systemroot%\Tasks\*.job /lockedfiles%SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.exenetsvcsmsconfig/md5starteventlog.dllscecli.dllnetlogon.dllcngaudit.dllsceclt.dllntelogon.dlllogevent.dlliaStor.sysnvstor.sysatapi.sysIdeChnDr.sysviasraid.sysAGP440.sysvaxscsi.sysnvatabus.sysviamraid.sysnvata.sysnvgts.sysiastorv.sysViPrt.sys/md5stopCREATERESTOREPOINTPush the button.Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:OTL.txt <-- Will be openedExtra.txt <-- Will be minimized

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/295592/sudden-onset-of-advertising-popups/
Relevancy 76.54%

I have never had such a problem I was surfing when suddenly yesterday got many pop ups Then my desktop icons and Malware Infestation-- Sudden Have I Onset taskbar started disappearing They would go off and a quot media quot control bar which I never saw before popped up on the taskbar then I Have Malware Infestation-- Sudden Onset all the icons would reappear and keep disappearing When I try to boot in safe mode I still can t get a desktop to function I have to open programs through taskmanager I have run Adaware Pro I Have Malware Infestation-- Sudden Onset many times and it has found multiple malwares including Small But not when I try to delete it I get a blue screen of death which says something like quot The Windows Logon Process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of machine code The system has been shut down quot I have also run spybot serach and destroy which got rid of a few things Norton AV was useless Windows malware tool detected nothing This is the best site I have found-- please let me know what I should do next Thanks Q

A:I Have Malware Infestation-- Sudden Onset

Hello and welcome Quakrt, let's start hereDownload Attribune's ATF Cleaner and then SUPERAntiSpyware, Free Home Version. Save both to desktop ..DO NOT run yet.Open SUPER from icon and install and Update itUnder Scanner Options make sure the following are checked (leave all others unchecked):Close browsers before scanning.Scan for tracking cookies.Terminate memory threats before quarantining.Click the "Close" button to leave the control center screen and exit the program. DO NOT run yet.Now reboot into Safe Mode: How to start Windows in Safe ModeDouble-click ATF-Cleaner.exe to run the program.Under Main "Select Files to Delete" choose: Select All.Click the Empty Selected button.If you use Firefox or the Opera browser click on that browser at the top and choose: Select AllClick the Empty Selected button.If you would like to keep your saved passwords, please click No at the prompt.Click Exit on the Main menu to close the program.NOW Scan with SUPEROpen from the desktop icon or the program Files listOn the left, make sure you check C:\Fixed Drive.Perform a Complete scan. After scan,Verify they are all checked.Click OK on the summary screen to quarantine all found items.If asked if you want to reboot, click "Yes" and reboot normally.To retrieve the removal information after reboot, launch SUPERAntispyware again.Click Preferences, then click the Statistics/Logs tab.Under Scanner Logs, double-click SUPERAntiSpyware Scan Log.If there are several logs, click the current dated log and press View log. A text file will open in your default text editor.Please copy and paste the Scan Log results in your next reply.Click Close to exit the program.Please ask any needed questions,post the log and Let us know how thePC is working now.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/129702/i-have-malware-infestation-sudden-onset/
Relevancy 76.54%

About a week ago my computer suddenly became painfully slow (to the point that the startup and shutdown sounds stutter). CPU usage bounces around 50% without anything running, but the computer works perfectly fine in safe mode. There were no changes or updates that proceeded the issue.

I have run multiple scans with my anti-virus software (trend micro) after updating to the latest definitions in both safe mode and normal startup, but it has not found anything. I have run a system restore back to before the issue occured to no avail. I have attempted to determine the source by modifying my startup programs and services through msconfig, no sucess. Giving up and hoping for some help!

Thanks,

Sean

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/359026/sudden-onset-of-extreme-slowness/
Relevancy 75.68%

Hello I m brand new here and I m hoping I could get of Burner questions Sudden DVD + RAM onset big problem with some help with this problem I ve been having Recently I ve upgraded my HP a n s Sudden onset of big problem with DVD Burner + RAM questions RAM to gigs which I am told should be more than enough to handle nearly every task without slowdown and after chatting Sudden onset of big problem with DVD Burner + RAM questions with an HP consultant they told me how to make sure the x mb sticks are running in dual channel by alternating between the new and old sticks I haven t noticed any difference my computer still slows drastically when I m doing video encoding or other types of multitasking like scanning The second problem is mildly related to the first My DVD burner doesn t exactly work correctly anymore as everytime I put a DVD to play it really stutters My computer begins chugging computer useage says and the movie is basically unwatchable I ve tried all my DVDs even brand new ones and it stil does not work Burning a DVD with it also causes my computer to chug and the burning process is extremely slow as well I m unable to do anything but to watch it take nearly an hour to burn something that originally took minutes tops I ve contacted HP and did all their standard scanning and uninstalling rebooting but to no avail Could this somehow be related to the installation of a new graphics card Thanks for taking your time to read this message nbsp

Relevancy 75.68%

Hello Our computer has several problems which don with onset strange failures help, all please multiple sudden t seem related to each-other but they all began happening in the space of four days or less about six weeks ago At that time the computer got a few Windows updates an upgraded version of McAfee was installed and Internet Explorer was replaced by Internet Explorer as one of the Windows Updates The computer is a Dell Studio XPS with Windows Vista -bit please help, multiple strange failures all with sudden onset The symptoms are as follows After rebooting Internet Explorer will stop please help, multiple strange failures all with sudden onset working after about two to five hours When you try to run it it just sits there with a blank screen and most of the menu options ghosted out When this happens email still works fine and I can successfully quot ping google com quot from the command prompt The only way I have found to get it working again is to reboot the computer Sometimes two reboots are required Windows Defender is unable to complete a scan It stalls after running for from two-and-one-half to seven-and-one-half hours The UI is still responsive because it responds to the close box but the elapsed time does not progress and the file indicator is stopped on any of several cookies in any of several users cookies folders The path will be C users AnyUser AppData Roaming Microsoft Windows Cookies Low txt If you try to reboot the computer approximately twenty per cent of the time the computer will hang completely during the logoff process The only way to recover is to hold the power button in until the miserable thing powers off The USB headset we use with Rosetta Stone would previously allow you to both listen and speak when using the software Now however you can only speak over the headset The sounds come over the computers main speakers and the headset is silent Please let me emphasize this problem developed at the same time as the others After rebooting the amount of time it takes to log in as any of the users seems to have increased The desktop comes up but the computer continues to grind away on something before the Windows sidebar applications appear and before the Start Menu becomes responsive I ve been banging my head against the wall over this I ve got about twenty to thirty hours of failed troubleshooting and scouring the internet to no avail Here are a few things I ve tried Ran a full scan with McAfee - no problems found Tried two rootikit detectors One didn t find anything and one blue-screens the computer None of the Spyware MalWare detectors I have find anything other than tracking cookies except for Windows Defender which never completes I tried downloading Firefox It runs about an hour longer than Internet Explorer will then it too stops working I tried reverting Internet Explorer back to Internet Explorer It did not help begins to malfunction in the same time frame as Does anybody have any ideas I should try or know where I should look to solve this problem Any ideas are greatly appreciated I m so frustrated with this thing Thank you GeoRanger nbsp

A:please help, multiple strange failures all with sudden onset

Hello:

I've been working on this for most of this weekend (oh what fun) and may have made some progress. McAfee found and removed two pieces of Malware. One was called "doubleclick" and the other "adtmt". It didn't find those in all the other times I've scanned with it, so I don't know if they caused these problems or not.

I also ran McAfee Virtual Technician and it didn't find any problems other than a slightly outdated definition file.

Also, I think problem 4, regarding the USB headset, might be a bad USB hub. The headset works fine if I plug it directly into the computer. Perhaps it's just a coincidence the problem developed contemporaneously with the others.

I'm not convinced I'm malware free and am wondering if some nasty rootkit is hiding on my box.

All of the other problems remain. Can anybody offer some suggestions as to what I should do next?

Thank you,
GeoRanger

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/please-help-multiple-strange-failures-all-with-sudden-onset.1023386/
Relevancy 75.68%

Can anyone help with a slow boot problem on Windows Windows onset) (sudden boot slow 8/8.1 please nbsp This concerns an Asus Zenbook nbsp It's about months old and has always booted very quickly nbsp Now all of a sudden it takes minutes to get beyond the Windows logo Windows 8/8.1 slow boot (sudden onset) screen nbsp I have tried all the standard things clean boot turn off Asus Fast Boot etc up to and including Resetting Windows nbsp No good on either Windows or it still takes minutes nbsp I have looked at the Windows System Log and the delay occurs right at the beginning of the Boot process nbsp E g on the most recent boot I see as the first entries note I'm in Europe so dates are dd mm yyyy and times are in -hour clock Information nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Kernel-General nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp None The operating system started at system time - - T Z Information nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Kernel-Boot nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp None The firmware reported boot metrics Information nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp FilterManager nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp None File System Filter 'FileInfo' - - T Z has successfully loaded and registered with Filter Manager and you can see the -minute gap between the nd and rd entries nbsp That's where the delay always comes though sometimes the quot reported boot metrics quot doesn't show A little later in the procedure I do always get the following warning Warning nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp Kernel-PnP nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp nbsp The driver Driver WudfRd failed to load for the device ACPI ACPI amp daba ff amp However because that comes later I can't see how it can be causing the problem and I suspect it's an independent issue The machine appears to run normally once booted nbsp It is protected against viruses by Windows Defender nbsp I have looked at many posts on this and other fora on slow boot and tried everything suggested but none of the solutions have worked nbsp I have also looked widely on the web for problems with the File System Filter but nothing relevant comes up nbsp The machine is under warranty and could be sent back but that would be a serious pain so if there is a solution I can implement I would much prefer to do so nbsp Thank you for looking at this There are no stupid rats only misguided students

A:Windows 8/8.1 slow boot (sudden onset)

Seglea
Though not definitive there are over 200 seconds of incrase due in part to the HD thrashing.  I would defrag and run CHKDSK as a first step

CHKDSK /R /F
Chkdsk disclaimer: While performing chkdsk on the hard drive if any bad sectors are found  any data available on that sector might be lost so as usual backup your data.
Run CHKDSK /R /F from an elevated (Run as administrator) Command Prompt.
Do this for each hard drive on your system.
When it tells you it can't do it right now - and asks you if you'd like to do it at the next reboot - answer Y (for Yes) and press Enter.

Then reboot and let the test run.
It may take a while for it to run, but keep an occasional eye on it to see if it generates any errors.
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/windows-vista/guide-to-using-check-disk-in-windows-vista/

See "CHKDSK LogFile" below in order to check the results of the test.

CHKDSK LogFile:
Go to Start and type in "eventvwr.msc" (without the quotes) and press Enter
Expand the Windows logs heading, then select the Application log file entry.
Double click on the Source column header.
Scroll down the list until you find the Chkdsk entry (wininit for Win7) (winlogon for XP).
Copy/paste the results into your next post. 

Wanikiya and Dyami--Team Zigzag

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/412b9a87-fca1-440e-91f6-bd3c6828a9ed/windows-881-slow-boot-sudden-onset?forum=w8itproperf
Relevancy 74.39%

My Word files are suddenly going haywire. Periodically I will be scrolling through a document, and where there was once text, there is now strange characters. Chunks of text have disappeared.

If I close the file and reopen, the file seems to revert to where it was with no loss. But it freaks me out.

Was also working with some tables in Word and the program on its own started adding new rows and wouldn't stop. Had to shut down.

Software and Adware are up to date. Haven't see this with other programs, but haven't tested it much.

Already tried removing and reinstalling Word. Haven't see same prob when opening same docs on other computers.

Is this a software problem? Display? Input hardware?

Running Word 2000 on Presario Notebook. Windows XP.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sudden-onset-of-weird-characters-and-lost-text-in-word.667850/
Relevancy 74.39%

Background Computer geek since Apple Have built every PC I've owned since the mid- s CS degree VA Tech developer with lots of weird hardware needs I have screens totaling sq ft there's computers running interrupt the me have confounded How that Latency can / hrs? for fix completely I sudden-onset issues DPC 20+ / in my house my music is connected to an FM transmitter with boomboxes in every room I have a USB infrared receiver for remote control and USB X controller to control house lights a custom USB ambilight system not hooked up during my recent troubles RockSmith controllers with guitars hooked up -- counting my USB hub How can I fix the sudden-onset Latency / DPC / interrupt issues that have completely confounded me for 20+ hrs? I frequently have with on exaggeration a dozen things plugged in How can I fix the sudden-onset Latency / DPC / interrupt issues that have completely confounded me for 20+ hrs? I've always installed windows myself -- only had an OS installed on a machine I bought once in an emergency I didn't build it I hated it It died within years My wife had a machine that had been continuously upgraded since it was a that would still function today had we not curbed it last week We have over TB of harddrive space in our house We're How can I fix the sudden-onset Latency / DPC / interrupt issues that have completely confounded me for 20+ hrs? hardcore geeks I hope this intro doesn't make me sound like a douchebag I'm just trying to set a level of competence here so people don't waste time over explaining basic things nbsp I'm frequently finding myself in unique situations and still manage to keep my windows installations going for years They usually last until the motherboard croaks So imagine my ire when I built an awesome machine last summer STATS Intel Core i - K Haswell-E -Core GHz with an Arctic Freezer I cooler on a ASRock X WS EATX motherboard with G of Crucial Ballistix Sport DDR mHz RAM a Radeon R video card and a Crucial M GB M SSD all inside a massive NZXT Phantom case and it's in what seems like death throes My baby isn't even a year old yet and it's slower than my computer nbsp Not CPU-slower I can still crunch numbers just as fast Verified by encoding WAV to MP with multiple simultaneous instances of LAME exe Not harddrive-slower I can still copy files just as fast I copy at commandline with speed indicator usually - MB s over LAN faster locally Not graphics-slower I can still play games just as fast RockSmith w my wife amp guitar controllers works just fine once the new slow-loading is done Just overhead slower nbsp Console output is slower BAT files run slower even without console output I have over BAT files that I've developed for over yrs that do most things for me One just generates white noise for audio alarm The noises are slower because each line of the BAT file seems to be loaded at a slower speed When viewing multiple videos with MPC-HC -- the next video takes seconds to load instead of - seconds Switching to full screen video Expect a second delay where there used to be My mouse frequently stops moving and I can't move it for several seconds I haven't experienced that since Linksys's horrible ish ethernet cards I've even for the first time ever heard the occasional audio disruption I have optical digital output direct on motherboard hooked to an optical splitter one of which goes to my primary amp the other of which goes to a DAC that splits into runs Bedroom Downstairs and FM transmitter - which reaches - boomboxes sprinkled around the house I've lost count For the first months of owning my machine I never saw the CPU go over It was usually at - Now it's idling at But again my problems are not general CPU problems I can still encode audio at the same rate my CPU can still computer just as fast I can still play RockSmith once it loads which is WAY WAY WAY slower ALL loading is slower I think the CPU rate is so high because these Interrupts DPCs They are constantly at The problem happen... Read more

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/406e23c2-0389-4250-b1d0-8aced590bf35/how-can-i-fix-the-suddenonset-latency-dpc-interrupt-issues-that-have-completely-confounded-me?forum=w7itproperf
Relevancy 71.81%

Need help -- I can t figure out what s wrong with my PC A couple of days ago I noticed Windows was stalling during start up After signing in the taskbar came up and some items appeared in the system tray but there was a delay of - minutes before the rest of the items appeared in the system tray and the desktop icons appeared During the delay there were a little disk activity Once started Firefox behaves strangely taking several seconds to load pages page am I onset loads, Sudden Firefox infected? mins delay XP startup, of delays during in 1-2 of: like Google that normally load right away I discovered that after I uninstalled Zone Alarm Pro v recently I forgot to activate the Windows firewall possibly leaving me open for a few days Dell Latitude Sudden onset of: XP delay of 1-2 mins during startup, delays in Firefox page loads, am I infected? D Running XP Pro SP Here s what I ve tried - Updated and ran Symantec Sudden onset of: XP delay of 1-2 mins during startup, delays in Firefox page loads, am I infected? AV scan nothing showed up - Updated and ran Spybot Search amp Destroy nothing showed up - Updated and ran Anti-Malware which found traces of a Trojan C WINDOWS s txt Malware Trace - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully C WINDOWS ws ini Malware Trace - gt Quarantined and deleted successfully - I tried restoring a previous system set point but it failed so I removed all old set points - I saw a system event in the event viewer trying to load aspimgr exe so I removed the registry entries associated with aspimgr after Sudden onset of: XP delay of 1-2 mins during startup, delays in Firefox page loads, am I infected? backing up the registry None of these actions improved the situation Grateful for any help fixing these XP issues and finding out whether I m still infected I d post some logs or something but not sure what to post or how to get it Johnny

A:Sudden onset of: XP delay of 1-2 mins during startup, delays in Firefox page loads, am I infected?

Welcome to BCC:\WINDOWS\system32\aspimgr.exehttp://www.bleepingcomputer.com/startups/a....exe-18301.htmlLet's start off with Mbam and see what we can find-----------------------------------The process of cleaning your computer may require you to temporarily disable some security programs. If you are using SpyBot Search and Destroy, please refer to Note 2 at the bottom of this page.Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.alternate download link 1alternate download link 2Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself.Press the OK button to close that box and continue.If you encounter any problems while downloading the updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button. The scan will begin and "Scan in progress" will show at the top. It may take some time to complete so please be patient.When the scan is finished, a message box will say "The scan completed successfully. Click 'Show Results' to display all objects found".Click OK to close the message box and continue with the removal process.Back at the main Scanner screen:Click on the Show Results button to see a list of any malware that was found.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When removal is completed, a log report will open in Notepad.The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply and exit MBAM.Note:-- If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove, you may be asked to reboot your computer so it can proceed with the disinfection process. Regardless if prompted to restart the computer or not, please do so immediately. Failure to reboot normally (not into safe mode) will prevent MBAM from removing all the malware. Note 2:-- MBAM may make changes to your registry as part of its disinfection routine. If you're using other security programs that detect registry changes (like Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere with the fix or alert you after scanning with MBAM. Please disable such programs until disinfection is complete or permit them to allow the changes. To disable these programs, please view this topic: How To Temporarily Disable Your Anti-virus, Firewall And Anti-malware Programs---------------------------------

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/207041/sudden-onset-of-xp-delay-of-1-2-mins-during-startup-delays-in-firefox-page-loads-am-i-infected/
Relevancy 69.66%

Three months ago I had an issue with BSODs but they went away I'm a gamer and had no BSODS while playing many games Recently I've been playing the Hunter Red Orchestra F and the Battlefield beta I played for many hours without any issues then ntoskrnl.exe+7cc40 Sudden 0x00000124, BSOD, all of a sudden on the nd of this month had a BSOD while playing Battlefield Keep in mind I had played around hours of Battlefield over the previous days without a hitch so it's not like I was casually playing games And before that I played Red Orchestra for many hours no problems I played a few hours after my computer had restarted without issues The next day on the rd I played in the morning and sure enough minutes into playing I got another BSOD Sudden BSOD, 0x00000124, ntoskrnl.exe+7cc40 then another later in the day playing the Hunter a hunting game Each of these three BSODS gave the same error message Technical Information STOP x x xfffffa d c x b x ntoskrnl exe - Address xfffff c base at xfffff DateStamp x e aaa I have no idea what would have caused this I haven't installed anything new recently hardware or software wise besides those games I had installed new nvidia video drivers for my video card on the th thinking it was that I uninstalled them and installed the prior drivers that gave me no issues in the past The last BSOD occurred while using the older drivers so I don't think it's that I've been stable for over months without issues I'm going to try downclocking my cpu ram to see if that helps but I was stable before that Any idea what the cause is I attached my minidump files to this posting Thanks for trying to help

A:Sudden BSOD, 0x00000124, ntoskrnl.exe+7cc40

Hello Efstratios

* Please remove any CD visualization programs such as Daemon Tools and Alcohol 120%.

They use a driver, found in your dmp, called sptd.sys, that is notorious for causing BSODs.

Use this SPTD uninstaller DuplexSecure - Downloads DuplexSecure - FAQ

When you're done you can use this Freeware MagicISO Virtual CD/DVD-ROM(MagicDisc) in its place.
* Your Norton/Symantec. This is a known cause of BSOD's.
Remove and replace with Microsoft Security Essentials.

http://us.norton.com/support/kb/web_...080710133834EN

Virus, Spyware & Malware Protection | Microsoft Security Essentials

* Old drivers

Code:
ctgame.sys 4/7/2004 11:42:49 AM fffff880`054eb000 33f9f7f6`054efc80 0x33f9ff7600004c80 0x40734e89
RTCore64.sys 5/25/2005 5:39:12 PM fffff880`089f4000 fffff880`089fa000 0x00006000 0x42941d90
secdrv.SYS 9/14/2006 12:18:38 AM fffff880`08115000 fffff880`08120000 0x0000b000 0x4508052e
COMMONFX.DLL 4/10/2007 12:08:38 AM fffff880`0674c000 fffff880`06777000 0x0002b000 0x461a3ad6
CTAUDFX.DLL 4/10/2007 12:08:39 AM fffff880`06f51000 fffff080`07000000 0xfffff800000af000 0x461a3ad7
CTSBLFX.DLL 4/10/2007 12:08:42 AM fffff880`06ea6000 fffff880`06f51000 0x000ab000 0x461a3ada
Rtnic64.sys 3/31/2008 4:39:38 PM fffff880`05263000 fffff300`05277000 0xfffffa8000014000 0x47f0791a
000.fcl 9/27/2008 12:11:22 AM fffff880`08163000 fffff880`0818e000 0x0002b000 0x48dcdf7a
adfs.SYS 11/4/2008 3:48:14 AM fffff880`07c00000 fffff300`07c18000 0xfffffa8000018000 0x490f2b4e
gdrv.sys 3/13/2009 2:22:29 PM fffff880`089de000 fffff880`089e7000 0x00009000 0x49b9d175
ALSysIO64.sys 4/20/2009 6:41:04 AM fffff880`08df8000 fffff300`08e00000 0xfffffa8000008000 0x49eb7e50
spldr.sys 5/12/2009 3:56:27 AM fffff880`02141000 fffff880`02149000 0x00008000 0x4a0858bb
lirsgt.sys 5/18/2009 12:06:57 AM fffff880`08062000 fffff880`0806f000 0x0000d000 0x4a100bf1
atksgt.sys 5/18/2009 12:36:34 AM fffff880`0800a000 fffff880`08059000 0x0004f000 0x4a1012e2
GEARAspiWDM.sys 5/18/2009 11:17:04 PM fffff880`05256000 fffff300`05263000 0xfffffa800000d000 0x4a1151c0
LHidFilt.Sys 6/18/2009 3:49:39 AM fffff880`075b7000 fffff880`075ca000 0x00013000 0x4a391ea3
LMouFilt.Sys 6/18/2009 3:49:43 AM fffff880`075d7000 fffff880`075eb000 0x00014000 0x4a391ea7
LUsbFilt.Sys 6/18/2009 3:49:46 AM fffff880`07577000 01fff880`07587000 0x0200000000010000 0x4a391eaa
How To Find Drivers:

Quote:
- search Google for the name of the driver
- compare the Google results with what's installed on your system to figure out which device/program it belongs to
- visit the web site of the manufacturer of the hardware/program to get the latest drivers (DON'T use Windows Update or the Update driver function of Device Manager).
- if there are difficulties in locating them, post back with questions and someone will try and help you locate the appropriate program.

- - The most common drivers are listed on this page: Driver Reference Driver Reference
- - Driver manufacturer links are on this page: Drivers and Downloads

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/189971-sudden-bsod-0x00000124-ntoskrnl-exe-7cc40.html
Relevancy 69.66%

Hi This to and ntoskrnl.exe BSOD's HIDCLASS.SYS relating Sudden computer is Sudden BSOD's relating to ntoskrnl.exe and HIDCLASS.SYS a custom build approx years old and no issues up till now aside from perhaps stray BSOD over a year ago This morning I BSOD'ed out of nowhere At the time I was using my computer for work Sudden BSOD's relating to ntoskrnl.exe and HIDCLASS.SYS Thunderbird Excel Chrome Firefox Skype Dreamweaver among other apps were open After the restart I BSOD'ed again approx minutes after Windows reloaded I was in the process of opening up the abovementioned applications to resume work Thunderbird was the last application I opened prior to the second BSOD Both BSOD's were attributed to ntoskrnl exe as per BlueScreenView Things I've done since - restarted checked all drivers for updates Checked and applied any available Windows updates - booted into safe mode ran a malwarebytes scan No malware Ran Kaspersky scan nothing - activated driver verifier and checked all options except Microsoft drivers - rebooted into normal mode After about hour of the computer being VERY sluggish due to verifier I suppose I BSOD'ed the third time - rebooted ran BlueScreenView which attributed the latest crash to HIDCLASS SYS I used to be good at these things got spoiled by having a mostly error-free computer the past few years Thanks in advance for taking time to help me

A:Sudden BSOD's relating to ntoskrnl.exe and HIDCLASS.SYS

hidclass is a native windows driver, I would start with an sfc scan to verify windows components
SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker
check temperatures for any signs of overheating

Your original bugcheck codes are 0xA which lists as STOP 0x0000000A: IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
unfortunately this is quite a vague bugcheck code, lightening up your startup and running a clean boot may help to narrow down likely causes
Troubleshoot Application Conflicts by Performing a Clean Startup

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/362341-sudden-bsods-relating-ntoskrnl-exe-hidclass-sys.html
Relevancy 53.32%

Hey guys so I've been getting some random BSOD errors every few days or so I usually leave my computer on when I am at work or sleep and either when I come home Random BSOD error ntoskrnl.exe (address driver ntoskrnl.exe+74ec0) or wake up my computer is off So I turn it on and it says that the computer didn't Random BSOD error driver ntoskrnl.exe (address ntoskrnl.exe+74ec0) shut down properly when I start up I downloaded the BlueScreenView and noticed I've had some BSOD three times within days One Random BSOD error driver ntoskrnl.exe (address ntoskrnl.exe+74ec0) was a PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA error which I believe was a RAM problem i bought new RAM and installed it plus OCed it to but I believe it was making my system unstable so I reset the speed to default and haven't gotten that error again but after that I've gotten two IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL errors related to ntoskrnl exe I did some research online and from what I read it could be a number of problems I'm just not sure where to start and could really use some guidance and advice I uploaded my dmp files for anyone who knows how to look at these Thank in advance

A:Random BSOD error driver ntoskrnl.exe (address ntoskrnl.exe+74ec0)

Welcome to 7F. I'll take a look at your dumps and see if I can get you BSOD free.

One

NETGEAR NEUTRAL WIRELESS SOLUTION

Your Netgear Neutral Wireless Solution driver has been flagged. It is quite old a could probably do with updating. Check for updates here
Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck A, {0, 2, 1, fffff800034c88ac}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for scmndisp.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for scmndisp.sys
Probably caused by : scmndisp.sys ( scmndisp+16d1 )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

1: kd> lmvm scmndisp
start end module name
fffff880`0188b000 fffff880`01895000 scmndisp T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: scmndisp.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\scmndisp.sys
Image name: scmndisp.sys
Timestamp: Fri May 27 11:30:22 2011 (4DDF7D3E)
CheckSum: 00009C0C
ImageSize: 0000A000
Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4

Two

HARDWARE DIAGNOSTICS

A few of your dumps (0x50, 0x124) are pointing towards hardware errors. 0x124s are usually always hardware errors but rarely give us an indication of what the problem actually is. In this case we may have struck lucky as this particular one shows up ASUS AI Suite III. The utilities listed below are the ones I'm concerned about.Attachment 353971

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (124)
A fatal hardware error has occurred. Parameter 1 identifies the type of error
source that reported the error. Parameter 2 holds the address of the
WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure that describes the error conditon.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000000, Machine Check Exception
Arg2: fffffa800752d028, Address of the WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure.
Arg3: 00000000bf800000, High order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.
Arg4: 0000000000000124, Low order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.

Debugging Details:
------------------
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x124_GenuineIntel

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN7_DRIVER_FAULT

PROCESS_NAME: AISuite3.exe

CURRENT_IRQL: f

ANALYSIS_VERSION: 6.3.9600.17029 (debuggers(dbg).140219-1702) amd64fre
We have seen motherboard packaged utilities cause 0x124s in the past and it could be the case here.
Uninstall ASUS AI Suite III and test the system for stability.
Run SeaTools to check the integrity of your HDD. SeaTools for DOS and Windows - How to Use
Download and run MemTest86+ to test your RAM. RAM - Test with Memtest86+

Note
Attachment 353972 Run MemTest86+ for at least 8 passes. Ideally set it off before you go to bed and leave it overnight, we're looking for zero errors here. A single error will show something's going bad with your RAM.

Three

NVIDIA GPU

You've also received a 0x116 which is a VIDEO_TDR_ERROR (Timeout Detection & Recovery) which means your GPU driver has crashed and has failed to recover in time. This could be down to the driver, the card itself or possibly the power to the card.
Code:
******************************************************************************... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/365399-random-bsod-error-driver-ntoskrnl-exe-address-ntoskrnl-exe-74ec0.html
Relevancy 52.89%

BSOD random, probably under heavy load situations. I dont know how to do.

DM log collector file attached

many thanks

A:BSOD random most times ntoskrnl.exe+748c0 and ntoskrnl.exe+74ec0

Hi berdini.

Code:
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: GS_FALSE_POSITIVE_MISSING_GSFRAME
Scan the system for possible virus infection with the following programs.
Anti-rootkit utility TDSSKiller
Windows Defender Offline
Let us know the results.

Code:
BugCheck F7, {fffff8800a01ff08, f8800125d135, ffff077ffeda2eca, 0}

Probably caused by : Ntfs.sys ( Ntfs!_report_gsfailure+26 )

---------

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/373211-bsod-random-most-times-ntoskrnl-exe-748c0-ntoskrnl-exe-74ec0.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi to make things easier for you dxgmms1.sys,ntoskrnl.exe,Ntfs.sys BSOD Address:ntoskrnl.exe+75bc0; below is the Bug Check String Driver and crash address SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION dxgmms sys ntoskrnl exe bc MEMORY MANAGEMENT ntoskrnl exe ntoskrnl exe bc SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION ntoskrnl exe ntoskrnl exe bc NTFS FILE SYSTEM Ntfs sys ntoskrnl exe bc IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL ntoskrnl exe ntoskrnl exe bc unrelated how could I make nice table above I have searched the forum Problem BSOD randomly usually graphics related eg flash games in chrome graphics related software Mathematica Problem I use an internet usb G device to connect to internet Every morning the device will not connect to internet and computer will hang on shutting down screen when I BSOD Address:ntoskrnl.exe+75bc0; dxgmms1.sys,ntoskrnl.exe,Ntfs.sys restart I have to manually turn off and back on again I think this may be a dying capacitor on motherboard that needs boot's to get excited Problem Chrome quot aw snap quot happens regularly and is usually flash content related even ad banners seem to cause it from time to time I have reinstalled chrome checked plugins etc etc no luck Internet explorer runs stable but for example in flash games it seems to momentarily freeze and then catch up BSOD Address:ntoskrnl.exe+75bc0; dxgmms1.sys,ntoskrnl.exe,Ntfs.sys with itself again These are moments where I think chrome would have crashed Things I've done SFC scan All's well Memtest I did pass it took an hour everything fine Will put it on over night tonight Checked for latest drivers Also have latest BIOS Checked win update Ran Intel Burn everything ok max stress over Gb RAM run min max temp thank you Noctua NH-C P this is with quiet adaptor too lol Ran malwarebytes found nothing toxic Ran SSDlife Free health SSD seems fine Bought a new motherboard assuming that the current one is going bad I haven't switched over to it yet and thought I should investigate a little further before I do ie bad RAM CPU Power Supply SSD CPU seems fine RAM passed test but will test further My own quot opinion quot until today was that there is a fault on motherboard probably with usb hardware Now I realise that it could be the power supply but I have no way to test this bar buy a new one My analysis bad motherboard or bad PSU Either way not getting away with cheap fix methinks UPDATE I enabled verifier exe using this Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable Windows crashes just before going to desktop I had to boot last known config to get up and running again IE I CAN RELIABLY CREATE BSOD USING VERIFIER EXE WITH GIVEN INSTRUCTIONS So I am going to try focusing on drivers loaded at startup by process of elimination Is there a quick way to find out which one Below is the Check String Driver and crash address for the BSOD's when using verifier exe IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL ntoskrnl exe ntoskrnl exe bc DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL RNDISMPX SYS RNDISMPX SYS a UPDATE If I choose or more non Microsoft drivers in verifier exe I get BSOD different check strings but always at the same address Also computer seems more unstable since engaging with verifier exe I feel I have given a thorough evaluation based on information in this forum and would appreciate feedback from those with more expertise than I UPDATE Another Memtest gave errors on pass Questions any chance poor power supply can cause this anyone have experience increasing voltage to make this go away would bad RAM explain all my problems ok fine i'll go through RAM and the slots and find the bad one sigh major sigh positively tragic sigh UPDATE Started with slot with stick of RAM Did memtest but had an idea I turned on verifier exe with all rd party drivers selected and my theory was to replicate the BSOD I got earlier at startup Went through each slot each RAM combo's of RAM and then to add insult to injury with all sticks in exactly same as before no BSOD Life is tough So maybe RAM wasn't properly seated all this time or maybe I need to test the RAM proper... Read more

A:BSOD Address:ntoskrnl.exe+75bc0; dxgmms1.sys,ntoskrnl.exe,Ntfs.sys

**************UPDATE 5 ****************

The sequence of events went as follows.
RAM test 1 pass was passed. Verifier.exe caused immediate BSOD on windows start when activated. Trying to hunt down drivers revealed any combo of 3 or more drivers gave BSOD at startup. Randomly decided to recheck RAM. Failed memtest after 27 minutes pass 1. Found one RAM stick that passed after one pass slot0. Got fed up of waiting for other slot's. Devised a plan to use verifier to check the RAM by seeing which combo's of RAM sticks gave BSOD on startup. All combo's passed. And now verifier does not give BSOD on any setting. Began to hate life. Cheered myself up with prospect of sleep. Put all 16 Gb RAM in properly and ran mentest for 18 hours, 6 passes. No error. Still no verifier.exe errors when enabled. Wrote this update.

If RAM failed after 27min one test, and then after swapping around a retest of 18 hours has no error, one would presume the RAM may be ok. Equally, I believe one could say the RAM is suspect. So, if the test is failed it really doesn't tell us anything except there is a problem somewhere. But we know there is a problem since we have BSOD!!! If I hadn't rerun the test I wouldn't question the RAM.

So the question is: how do I categorically ensure that a stick of RAM is good? Is memtest on RAM with an alternative working computer enough?

In summary:

I ran memtest for 18 hours, which was 6 passes. No problems detected. Using verifier.exe with protocols given on this forum I no longer get BSOD.

Currently my hypothesis is that the RAM was never seated correctly, or given that it takes a bit of force to insert correctly into motherboard, the flexing has at least temporarily defused whatever fault was causing my BSOD. Tenuous I know. But I really have no other explanation other than something somewhere on the motherboard or power is failing, or even the RAM.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/351171-bsod-address-ntoskrnl-exe-75bc0-dxgmms1-sys-ntoskrnl-exe-ntfs-sys.html
Relevancy 52.89%

i keep getting BSOD when playing game new graphics i dont know where to start when its comes to BSOD stuff

110414-10576-01.dmp 11/4/2014 10:48:39 PM 0x00000124 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`0af318f8 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 ntoskrnl.exe ntoskrnl.exe+4a63cc NT Kernel & System Microsoft? Windows? Operating System Microsoft Corporation 6.1.7600.16385 (win7_rtm.090713-1255) x64 ntoskrnl.exe+4a63cc C:\Windows\Minidump\110414-10576-01.dmp 6 15 7600 262,144 11/4/2014 10:48:41 PM is some info i dont know what else yall need

A:0x00000124 ntoskrnl.exe ntoskrnl.exe+4a63cc BSOD Error runninganygame

Please Help

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/351242-0x00000124-ntoskrnl-exe-ntoskrnl-exe-4a63cc-bsod-error-runninganygame.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Got my first blue screen of death tonight had firefox opened one watching youtube video another browsing internet After bsod /adress (ntoskrnl.exe+72a40) caused by driver (ntoskrnl.exe) BSOD it restarted i login but just black screen with cursor ctrl alt delete worked so i shut my computer down Boot up normally after check my minidump file bsod cause BSOD caused by driver (ntoskrnl.exe) /adress (ntoskrnl.exe+72a40) by ntoskrnl exe Did little search on google find BSOD caused by driver (ntoskrnl.exe) /adress (ntoskrnl.exe+72a40) has to do with ram and hard drive Downloaded wd data life guard diagnostic for my mechanic drive which is healthy but my ssd on shows failed end to end error rate value threshold worst is all in SMART statue Im not sure if i can trust this wd diagnostic on my crucial ssd there are alot of unknown in SMART statue too Theres no ssd diagnotic for crucial there is a firmware not sure if it helps So i downloaded and ran crystaldiskinfo on my ssd health statues says good it doesnt say end to end error rate like wd Instead same ID B line says quot unused reserve nand blocks quot instead Is my ssd good i havent ran a test on my ram yet This is almost month old build Asrock x x killer i k gtx w crucial x gb crucial gb ssd wd blue tb Heres info of bsod with bluescreenview Bug Check String- IRQL GT ZERO AT SYSTEM SERVICE Bug Check Code - x a Parameter - dc a Parameter - Parameter - Parameter - fffff b Caused By Driver- ntoskrnl exe Caused By Address- ntoskrnl exe a File Description- NT Kernel amp System

A:BSOD caused by driver (ntoskrnl.exe) /adress (ntoskrnl.exe+72a40)

Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/367819-bsod-caused-driver-ntoskrnl-exe-adress-ntoskrnl-exe-72a40.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I'm getting random Blue Screens and can't figure out why. I'm not running any hardcore programs. I'm mostly just using Microsoft Office and Firefox. The BSOD's seem to happen when I'm in Outlook, Excel or Firefox. Haven't been able to determine exactly which at the time as I'm moving back and forth between them quite often.

I've tried the SFC command and it didn't find anything. I used BlueScreenViewer but not a lot of help. All drivers for sound and video have been updated. I've also updated the firmware to the Crucial M4 SSD version 040H.

Any insight would be great.

Specs:
Laptop - HP EliteBook 8560w
CPU - Intel i7-2670QM
RAM - Hynix/Hyundai 8.0 GB Ram
SSD - M4-CT256M4 SSD
Audio - AMD High Definition Audio
Video - AMD FirePro M5950
OS - Windows 7 Pro 64-bit

A:Random BSOD Reporting ntoskrnl.exe+75c40 & ntoskrnl.exe+7efc0

Update the firmware of your Crucial M4-CT256M4SSD2.

And, Uninstall McAfee Using McAfee Removal Tool. Use Microsoft Security Essentials as your antivirus with windows inbuilt firewall, and free MBAM as the on demand scanner.
Download, install and update those, and then run full system scans with both of them, one by one.

Free up the startup.
Click on the Start button
Type “msconfig (without quotes), click the resulting link. It will open the System Configuration window.
Select the “Startup” tab.
Deselect all items other than the antivirus and touchpad driver SynTPEnh.
Apply > OK
Accept then restart.
Let us know the results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/281927-random-bsod-reporting-ntoskrnl-exe-75c40-ntoskrnl-exe-7efc0.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Jan , Crash Address All !! BSOD ntoskrnl.exe+80640 the Time ntoskrnl.exe ------------------------------------------- How to Solve - I've uninstalled my windows and recover my laptop with recovery DVD to it's original factory state original windows - Never installed Norton internet security again I'm using Microsoft Security Essentials now - Updated my Graphic Card Driver Intel Wifi Driver Sound Card Driver And some other drivers It's been two months now with no BSOD Thanks to dear Arc and gregrocker Thank you guys ------------------------------------------- Oct ------------------------------------------- Hi guys It's almost a year that I have problems with BSOD ntoskrnl.exe , All the Time !! Crash Address ntoskrnl.exe+80640 BSODs it use to be Atikmdag BSOD but I solve that with updating my Graphic card Driver and Changing Atikmdag sys file in Windows System folder But now it's about months that I get ntoskrnl exe BSODs in lot's of situations Web surfing Windows log on Working with Unity Working with files and Really lot's of Times Even in Safe Mode with Networking I guess it's because of my Network driver because I got BSOD in Safe Mode with Network but I never got a BSOD in normal Safe mode BTW I dunno how to solve it Please Help me these BSODs are sooooooooo annoying Here is my System Specs It's Msi GX CPU Intel R Core TM i CPU M GHz Main MICRO-STAR INTERNATIONAL CO LTD MS- Bios BIOS Date Ver Memory GB HDD ST AS ATA Device Sound Card AMD High Definition Audio Device High Definition Audio Device Graphic ATI Mobility Radeon HD Series - GB GDDR OS Microsoft Windows Ultimate -bit Multiprocessor Free Service Pack it's weird that I've finished writing this without a BSOD Here is the Zip file Created with SF Diagnostic Tool

A:BSOD ntoskrnl.exe , All the Time !! Crash Address ntoskrnl.exe+80640

Code:
fffff800`00b9cc48 fffff880`010b75fcUnable to load image \SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\sptd.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for sptd.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for sptd.sys
sptd+0x4b5fc
Daemon Tools, Alcohol 120% and Power Archiver Pro uses SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD), which is a well known BSOD causer. Uninstall Alcohol 120% at first. Then download SPTD standalone installer from Disk-Tools.com, and execute the downloaded file as guided below :
Double click to open it.
Click this button only:

If it is grayed out, as in the picture, there is no more SPTD in your system, and you just close the window.
Next uninstall Virtual CloneDrive, as vclone.sys is as fatal as SPTD.sys, too.
After doing these two, report the situation back.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/309093-bsod-ntoskrnl-exe-all-time-crash-address-ntoskrnl-exe-80640-a.html
Relevancy 52.46%

When I put my pc in sleep mode it often crashes: the screen goes normally in sleep mode, but the pc continues to stay awake for several minutes than BSOD & restart or BSOD & shut off.
Thanks to BlueScreenView I found what is seemingly the guilty process, but I don't know what to do now.
Attachment 315989
Thanks
Also, sorry for my bad english.

A:BSOD when goes sleep, ntoskrnl.exe+e96d2/ntoskrnl.exe+81e7a

Your HUAWEI Mobile Connect driver is causing issues here.

Code:
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for ew_jubusenum.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for ew_jubusenum.sys
Probably caused by : ew_jubusenum.sys
If it's a necessary driver then update it but if not then please completely remove it.
I'm not that familiar with such devices but it should be under Network Adapters, right click on the device and click properties, then click on the driver tab and update.

Code:
fffff880`015e0000 fffff880`015fc000 ew_jubusenum T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: ew_jubusenum.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\ew_jubusenum.sys
Image name: ew_jubusenum.sys
Timestamp: Mon Aug 20 01:55:56 2012 (50318B1C)
CheckSum: 0001CF99
ImageSize: 0001C000
Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/330151-bsod-when-goes-sleep-ntoskrnl-exe-e96d2-ntoskrnl-exe-81e7a.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I keep getting a BSOD (Critical_Object_Termination) but have no idea what is causing the issue. I tried in vain to debug my own minidump files but ended up getting nowhere.

So far i have run MemTest over the weekend with 107 passes. I also ran Prime95 64-bit for 4 hours on each of the FFT tests without error.

I have enabled driver verifier (following the guide on this site) and this has not caused anynew BSOD's.

I also get a random BSOD on startup but it has happened so infrequently i have been unable to boot with disable automatic restart on system failure enabled to capture the stop code.

I really could do with some expert advice please.

This is my first post so i apologise if i have missed something important but i have tried to read as much info as possible before posting.

A:BSOD Ntoskrnl.exe+7efc0 and Ntoskrnl.exe+75c40

Unusual one you got there think it may be a windows problem please run sf tool and upload all files not just dumps and try running an sfc scan
SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker option 2

Check system temperatures also

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/281212-bsod-ntoskrnl-exe-7efc0-ntoskrnl-exe-75c40.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi there,

Recently I've been getting BSOD while playing WoW. I'm not sure what details to give other than the dump so I'll just tell you about my computer:

Intel i5 4690 3.5-3.9 GHZ
EVGA GTX 970 SSC (super superclocked - the fans are designed not to turn on until card reaches 60c)
16gb Hyper X Fury ram
1tb WD Black HDD
Windows 7 OS

I noticed that I haven't crashed yet while EVGA Precision X is up (it has a custom aggressive fan curve I made). Maybe this has to do with the fact that it replaces fan drivers, or something? I don't know. I'm pretty clueless as to what's going on because all these parts are pretty new and it only recently started, but it's crashed three times today. Here are the dumps.
Any help you guys can give would be greatly greatly appreciated. Thanks a ton!

A:BSOD ntoskrnl.exe address ntoskrnl.exe+74ec0

Any ideas? It happened again while using EVGA Precision.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bsod-ntoskrnl-exe-address-ntoskrnl-exe-74ec0.1145229/
Relevancy 51.6%

i am having this problem after i change my video cards i upgraded a 460 SLI to a 680
i have run 3dmark11 to try to replicate the bsod or something and nothing happends
i clean my hardware and change the thermal compound then i played some bf3 and paff the same bsod =(

pd: sorry for my english
i forgot to say that i have the last beta drivers from nvidia because with the WHQL i was having problems in gw2
Attachment 231326

A:BSOD playing bf3, hal.dll hal.dll+12a3b , ntoskrnl.exe ntoskrnl.exe+18

Welcome

For the bug check you're getting go through:
Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try

Also get a latest version of your BIOS.

Code:
Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.12.0002.633 X86
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\Yusra\Downloads\Fayer\SF_11-09-2012\091112-23509-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

Symbol search path is: SRV*C:\SymCache*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7601 (Service Pack 1) MP (8 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS
Built by: 7601.17835.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.120503-2030
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`03667000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`038ab670
Debug session time: Wed Sep 12 06:29:05.072 2012 (UTC + 6:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 7:04:57.025
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 124, {0, fffffa80086cf028, ba000000, 400405}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32k.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for win32k.sys
Probably caused by : hardware

---------

5: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (124)
A fatal hardware error has occurred. Parameter 1 identifies the type of error
source that reported the error. Parameter 2 holds the address of the
WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure that describes the error conditon.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000000, Machine Check Exception
Arg2: fffffa80086cf028, Address of the WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure.
Arg3: 00000000ba000000, High order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.
Arg4: 0000000000400405, Low order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.

Debugging Details:
------------------
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x124_GenuineIntel

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT

CURRENT_IRQL: f

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`030acb58 fffff800`03630a3b : 00000000`00000124 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`086cf028 00000000`ba000000 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`030acb60 fffff800`037f3b03 : 00000000`00000001 fffffa80`0860b890 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`0860b8e0 : hal!HalBugCheckSystem+0x1e3
fffff880`030acba0 fffff800`03630700 : 00000000`00000728 fffffa80`0860b890 fffff880`030acf30 fffff880`030acf00 : nt!WheaReportHwError+0x263
fffff880`030acc00 fffff800`03630052 : fffffa80`0860b890 fffff880`030acf30 fffffa80`0860b890 00000000`00000000 : hal!HalpMcaReportError+0x4c
fffff880`030acd50 fffff800`0362ff0d : 00000000`00000008 00000000`00000001 fffff880`030acfb0 00000000`00000000 : hal!HalpMceHandler+0x9e
fffff880`030acd90 fffff800`03623e88 : 0000003b`5e9a7a72 fffffa80`0ae15ac8 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : hal!HalpMceHandlerWithRendezvous+0x55
fffff880`030acdc0 fffff800`036e4aac : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : hal!HalHandleMcheck+0x40
fffff880`030acdf0 fffff800`036e4913 : 00000000`00000000 00000... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/252352-bsod-playing-bf3-hal-dll-hal-dll-12a3b-ntoskrnl-exe-ntoskrnl-exe-18-a.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hello Recently I got a few bluescreens while playing World of Warcraft which I thought was very weird because all of my hardware is pretty new Here is some info about my computer Intel i - GHZ EVGA GTX SSC super superclocked - the fans are designed not to turn on until card reaches c gb Hyper X Fury ram tb WD Black HDD Windows OS At first I noticed three bluescreens then I used EVGA Precision X with a custom aggressive fan profile and BSOD ntoskrnl.exe+74ec0 ntoskrnl.exe address the problem went away temporarily but then the computer crashed later on I'm not sure if that's relevant or not I ran a diagnostic on my harddrive and processor and both were fine The RAM seems more difficult to test because it said something about usb drives so I decied to stray away from that unless it was absolutely necessary and then get help from someone who BSOD ntoskrnl.exe address ntoskrnl.exe+74ec0 knows what they're doing I am going to upload the dump files that were saved by bluescreenview Any help at all would be greatly appreciated

A:BSOD ntoskrnl.exe address ntoskrnl.exe+74ec0

CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION BSODs (0xf4) are usually related to an issue with the hard drive.

If you have an SSD, make sure that the firmware is upgraded.

If HDD, run SeaTools for DOS, LONG test - Hard Drive (HDD) Diagnostics - Sysnative Forums

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-ntoskrnl-exe-address-ntoskrnl-exe-74ec0-975273.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Does anyone have any idea what could be causing these BSOD errors? It started with the +74200 error about a month ago (enduser is just now informing IT) and now it is the +73c40. I've already done several Memory tests to no avail. I'm about to just
reimage but don't want to if it's just a driver issue. 

Thanks
TravisD

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/afea0b11-7904-4025-8dd6-c76d6cfa02d8/ntoskrnlexe74200-amp-ntoskrnlexe73c40-bsod?forum=w8itprogeneral
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi, I've been having this BSOD appear very randomly.

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL 0x0000000a
(all reports in .rar file)

Sometimes within 1 hour, other times as long as 24hrs+. I've got my BIOS/Drivers up to date for my CPU, Graphics Card, and Motherboard. I've rigorously tested my memory and have never had any issues arise.

It has occurred during
3d gaming,
when the system has been idle,
also when browsing with firefox or ie.

Any help at all would be appreciated, I've struggled with this BSOD for years I would love to finally find whats causing it.

Thank you.

A:BSOD ntoskrnl.exe+26ee0 ntoskrnl.exe+7cc40

Quote: Originally Posted by postal

Hi, I've been having this BSOD appear very randomly.

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL 0x0000000a
(all reports in .rar file)

Sometimes within 1 hour, other times as long as 24hrs+. I've got my BIOS/Drivers up to date for my CPU, Graphics Card, and Motherboard. I've rigorously tested my memory and have never had any issues arise.

It has occurred during
3d gaming,
when the system has been idle,
also when browsing with firefox or ie.

Any help at all would be appreciated, I've struggled with this BSOD for years I would love to finally find whats causing it.

Thank you.

First lets start with asacpi.sys yours dated 2005
1-ASACPI.SYS

The pre 2009 version of this driver is a known BSOD cause.

Please visit this link: ASUS teK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download P7P55D LE
ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download P7P55D LE

Scroll down to the Utilities category, then scroll down to the "ATK0110 driver for WindowsXP/Vista/Windows 7 32&64-bit" (it's about the 12th item down).
Download and install it.
Go to C:\Windows\System32\drivers to check and make sure that the ASACPI.SYS file is date stamped from 2009 or 2010 (NOT 2005).

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/194256-bsod-ntoskrnl-exe-26ee0-ntoskrnl-exe-7cc40.html
Relevancy 48.16%

I would like the answer to this problem....whenever I try to game in any type of position, situation.......I am frustrated. I think my 9800 pro is quitting on me slowly, and I dont know for sure, since I just replaced my motherboard and processor with a combo from Monarch Computers(ASUS A8V Delux-64Bit capable) and athalon 3200+.
I am running out of places to find answers, because I there seems to be noone out there capable of figuring out this pickle.

Online work is normal and as usual. Whenever I try to play an online game, the system restarts itself. EVERY TIME sdssdsd

A:System Crashes @ onset of games

are you running any firewalls, such as zone alarm? if so have you enabled them to run your game?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/system-crashes-onset-of-games.364984/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello new poster long time reader admirer of this site A few days ago my computer IE, general sluggish Onset of performance started chugging pretty slowly I haven't installed any new programs or downloaded anything including updates etc I'm pretty good about scanning defragging my computer weekly as well Here are some examples of the slowdown Significant lag when opening a new Internet Explorer window Significant lag when opening any new program Computer sometimes half opens a program like IE and chugs for about seconds then slowly loads the program In addition I'm not sure if this is related but I turned on the computer to day to have nothing work I would be able to double click an item my DSL connection for instance and it would flash like it's opening then nothing would happen My quick launch buttons are pressed and stay depressed I had to Onset of sluggish IE, general performance restart a few times to get it working Also after looking at the setup menu pre-boot F I escape and choose exit then the computer beeps and says unable to boot from network or something to that effect Press F to retry and F to return to setup utility Is there any sort of diagnostics program that can tell me what's wrong Or should I just system restore one week past or just scan through everything again Thanks

A:Onset of sluggish IE, general performance

Here you go http://pcworld.about.com/magazine/2202p074bid114030.htm also try the site www.pcpitstop.com.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/onset-of-sluggish-ie-general-performance-74344.html
Relevancy 46.44%

The touchscreen on my laptop works for the most part like a mouse would, except that it does not actually register that the 'mouse button' is 'down' until the 'click' is released (that is, you lift your finger or move it). Are there any drivers that would allow me to send a 'mousedown' event as soon as the screen is touched?

Thanks.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/523977/registering-click-on-onset-of-touch-on-touchscreen-win8-laptop/
Relevancy 46.44%

I have moved this post as I believe this is more a compound program related caused by an attack Please read the post below as well Since while I am posting this I am going to run a full back up of my bad laptop s drive with Corbian and then go into safemode run a scandisk then a degfrag per the instructions from the quot Slow Computer quot post Then I will report back to any replies from you if this is not processes, & rapid finding nothing programs AV onset sluggishness, suspicious SP of the right thing to do and I see a response from you all I will follow any instructions I am no pc expert but I am a quick learner THANK YOU for any help you can lend me quot EDIT I have been able to suspend the update process even though it was frozen anyways and the update manager from control panel does not show me updating anything I suspended the process trustedinstaller exe while in the suspicious processes, rapid onset of sluggishness, SP & AV programs finding nothing resource manager I am aware this is usually a Microsoft process but yea I am just suspicious this time APOLOGIES if I am in the wrong section Hi all IN SHORT window update installer frozen suspicious processes, rapid onset of sluggishness, SP & AV programs finding nothing amp not responding to kill start commands general system sluggishness amp low responsiveness even after scans from malwarebytes symantech found nothing and I cleaned up with CCleaner Also when I am connected to the internet via suspicious processes, rapid onset of sluggishness, SP & AV programs finding nothing my home connection even when I have no software operating that utilizes the net I am seeing quite a few hosts and copies of svchost running in the network window of the resource monitor Also now just recently in the past day or so the time it takes to shut the pc down or go to sleep and reboot and awake has increased by a factor of or more So since I am not sure exactly what is going on I am new yes I skimmed the new user area I thought I would start with the first issue Note specs Windows Ultimate bit So the other day I decided to go ahead and let my update installer install a few things firefox had been sluggish for a few days before this and I said ok you can install this update for this office service pack and this other security update don t have actual names as I cannot get into the update manager right now And now I am here on the site I would try another reset but it hasent helped at all to resolve the issue Issue as state at top of topic also in the past few days I have experience a few pc crashes to a black screen with one smallish white block in the top left odd this is outside of a system crash I experienced while I was playing mass effect sort of expected a crash or two from that game legally purchased via Steam I am a fast learner and well I need some help sorting out why my laptop has decided to fritz on me and leave me no clues Thank you for reading Best Regards quot

A:suspicious processes, rapid onset of sluggishness, SP & AV programs finding nothing

Welcome aboard Download Security Check from HERE, and save it to your Desktop. * Double-click SecurityCheck.exe * Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. * A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.=============================================================================Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Users, Partitions and Memory sizeClick Go and post the result.=============================================================================Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (aka MBAM): http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free to your desktop. * Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program. * At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish. * If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version. * Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan. * When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results. * Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected. * When completed, a log will open in Notepad. * Post the log back here.Be sure to restart the computer.The log can also be found here:C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txtOr at C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt=============================================================================Please download GMER from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop:Main Mirror
This version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)Zipped Mirror
This version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security programs will not conflict with gmer's driver.Double-click on the randomly named GMER file (i.e. n7gmo46c.exe) and allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.Note: If you downloaded the zipped version, extract the file to its own folder such as C:\gmer and then double-click on gmer.exe.
GMER will open to the Rootkit/Malware tab and perform an automatic quick scan when first run. (do not use the computer while the scan is in progress)If you receive a WARNING!!! about rootkit activity and are asked to fully scan your system...click NO.Now click the Scan button. If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.When the scan is finished, click the Save... button to save the scan results to your Desktop. Save the file as gmer.log.Click the Copy button and paste the results into your next reply.Exit GMER and be sure to re-enable your anti-virus, Firewall and any other security programs you had disabled.IMPORTANT! If for some reason GMER refuses to run, try again.If it still fails, try to UN-check "Devices" in right pane.If still no joy, try to run it from Safe Mode.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/414250/suspicious-processes-rapid-onset-of-sluggishness-sp-av-programs-finding-nothing/
Relevancy 45.58%

ntoskrnl.exe+18c453
Funny thing is that i have router and bsod happens parallel(not always) on both computers
///
please help

A:BSOD while browsing/downloading torrents hal.dll+12a3b bsod/ntoskrnl

Hi,
Unfortunately the installation is counterfeit.
The Key is that of a Dell OEM computer - and the motherboard is a retail one by Asus.

The best course of action is to:Purchase a legitimate Windows 7 licence.
Format the HDD.
Reinstall Windows and activate.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/304027-bsod-while-browsing-downloading-torrents-hal-dll-12a3b-bsod-ntoskrnl.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I keep getting BSODs when I play games for a short while At first I thought when BSOD says ntoskrnl.exe games. BSOD BlueScreenView caused playing it was a bad installation of Windows BSOD when playing games. BlueScreenView says ntoskrnl.exe caused BSOD so I did a clean format full of my SSD and a clean install of Windows Ultimate x Installation failed quite a few times before finally succeeding Tried another copy of Windows same install failures I finally finished reinstalling Windows on my PC I suspected the RAM to be at fault so I ran MemTest and found a ton of errors Upon closer inspection of the BIOS settings I found that my board was clocking my ram in Auto mode at mhz instead of the factory mhz Corsair Vengeance LP DDR CAS on Asus Sabertooth Z I updated my BIOS to the latest as of this posting and I still have to manually set the memory frequencies for it to run at mhz Everything seemed fine for a few hours running prime I supposed my PC was fine now after that clean install of Windows but a few minutes into playing Battlefield I BSOD I am no pro at reading dump files and I was hoping someone could help me isolate the sources of my BSODs I've attached the minidump files for each BSOD below Thanks

A:BSOD when playing games. BlueScreenView says ntoskrnl.exe caused BSOD

My system specs are:

Intel Core i7-3770
Asus Sabertooth Z77
Corsair Vengeance Low Profile DDR3 @1600mhz CAS9
Kingston HyperX 3k 120GB SSD (boot, Battlefield 3, Microsoft Office)
Asus DirectCUII GTX 670
Thermaltake Toughpower 1200 watt
Razer Blackwidow Ultimate
Cyborg RAT7 Mouse

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/240280-bsod-when-playing-games-bluescreenview-says-ntoskrnl-exe-caused-bsod.html
Relevancy 45.15%

Well didn't think i would be having any more issues pc been running fine since i fixed bad memory issues now all of a sudden i start getting this error ntoskrnl.exe+811b3 or that's all i can understand from log please if some 1 could take a look at my logs and help i would appreciate it i have stress tested my pc for a few hours after recovering last time and all seemed fine TIA

A:BSOD related to ntoskrnl.exe+811b3 after recovering from BSOD

Can i ask you to download this, http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012

Once downloaded please copy and past the information on here

This will help me analyze your problem further

I look forward to helping you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/346328-bsod-related-ntoskrnl-exe-811b3-after-recovering-bsod.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Hello gents Suddenly over the last few months I have started getting more Sudden BSOD and more BSOD I have done what I could with google searching for answers I play WoW and it seems as that most of the BSOD will come when I am playing it However a few nights ago I was laying on the couch with my wife and watched my computer reset - different times because of a BSOD that was never logged For some reason I am unable to upload the files into skydrive so I have copied them the best I can https onedrive live com redir resi t folder ctxt I Sudden BSOD have tried running a test with driver verifier with no luck - Could just be me not knowing what I am doing with it other then what I could find on google Sudden BSOD Also tried doing a memtest that comes on the installation media ran several passes on all sticks stick for every stick in total g

A:Sudden BSOD

Allot of important info is missing from your zip, please follow Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions to grab all and upload a new report here.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/353080-sudden-bsod.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Hello,

i use a dell inspiron 15r. i was working this morning and my entire system
froze for about 10min and then crashed with a blues screen. please help me.
i've attached a zip file of the sf diagnostic tool diagnosis results

Thanks.

unfortunately no dump files exists in your attachment
see here Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions to see how to enable crash dumps

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/289910-sudden-bsod.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi, Im running on Windows XP. Few days ago I upgraded my RAM to 2 gigs and added a videocard. Today, I was playing league of legends and was switching windows between the game and google chrome when my comp froze and BSOD.

I'd like to get help on how I can prevent this from happening again?
Here's the Minidump

Please give us your system hardware and especially make and model of motherboard and ram added, as well as ram that was or is there before added ram. Can you go back to just the original ram and will it run ok then? 98% of this is incompatible ram additions and it is always better to add all new ram than to add unless you use a configurator at a ram maker site such as RAM Memory Upgrade: Dell, Mac, Apple, HP, Compaq. USB drives, SSD at Crucial.com.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/sudden-bsod-620254.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi!

So I'm extremely confused. I'm a filmmaker who recently finished a feature and was trying to put it on DVD via DVD Architect 6. While doing so, I had my first BSOD on that computer since I've had it. It always happens at roughly 55%, and I lose everything rendered to that point. The BSOD Says Kernel Data Inpage Error with the code being something like 00000007a (estimating the # of 0's). Also, I got a 2TB External hard drive and BEFORE I got the BSOD, everything worked fine, I could easily transfer 150+ GB at one time, but now I can't transfer 9GB without getting a BSOD. It all started yesterday when rendering the DVD and I'm wildy confused at what to do now.

Any help would be appreciated!

A:Sudden BSOD's

Follow the instructions here> http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ta-452654.html
Lets see if the BSOD dump file(s) can tell us whats going on.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/sudden-bsods-897610.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi,

I tried opening my minidump file with Windbg, like I always do, but now it says it doesn't support older scrash minidump files. Anyway, I appreciate anybody who can help me understand why my system went berserk..

Thanks in advance.
Amin

A:BSOD all of the sudden

Hi amins2s,

Please start a new thread and repost your dump there. We will be glad to assist you. This will avoid confusion between your problem and Jason's problem.

Thanks!

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/93875-bsod-all-sudden.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Yeah, not long ago, gringo_pr I think it was, helped me clean my computer. I even did lots of scans using MBAM, Superanti, and AVG, and bitdefender online scanner, and Esetonline scanner...lol thats a lot.

All good.

Yet this afternoon I was watching on youtube, a video on how to use firezilla. Mid way through the video I got BSOD again...damn that scared me a lot. I lost many of my work too. So very annoying.

Well so basically I think this has something to do with my previous post regarding sandboxie and BSOD. I have no idea why, but gringo has helped me and it is all good. LIke I said I also did that many scans. Why is it I get BSOD all of a sudden?

A:What the....BSOD all of a sudden?

Did the BSOD provide a stop error messages or identify a driver (.sys file) as shown in this example?Crashes (BSOD), unexpected shutdowns, sudden freezing, random restarting, and booting problems could be symptomatic of a variety of things to include hardware/software issues, overheating caused by a failed processor fan, bad memory (RAM), failing or underpowered power supply, CPU overheating, motherboard, video card, faulty or unsigned device drivers, CMOS battery going bad, BIOS and firmware problems, dirty hardware components, programs hanging or unresponsive in the background, and sometimes malware. Even legitimate programs like CD Emulators (Daemon Tools, Alchohol 120%, Astroburn, AnyDVD) can trigger crashes, various stop error messages and system hangs so you may or may not be dealing with multiple issues. If the computer is overheating, it usually begins to shutdown/restart on a more regular basis. Troubleshooting for these kinds of issues can be arduous and time consuming. There are no shortcuts.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/398428/what-thebsod-all-of-a-sudden/
Relevancy 44.29%

my system suddenly BSOD with the error "Reference at Pointer"

Your solution is here, next time please don't make 2 same thread at a time please, that may make confusion.
http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...ndom-bsod.html

Regard,

Tuan

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/103626-sudden-bsod.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Hello my name is Johnny and I have a 4 month old custom desktop. (specs in bio)
I have been able to play many games at highest quality with great fps, but recently my computer has been giving me BSOD while webrowsing and playing Guild Wars 2.
Also the computer would freeze, but that only happened 2 or 3 times.

I have tried resetting my cpu, ram, and video card.
I have speculations that my video card is jank or the automatic windows updates ran at night and downloaded one of the optional updates one night and started causing these problems, but even with system restore I have less frequent BSOD.

Here are the zip minidump files:

A:many different BSOD all of the sudden

Welcome to the forum Scubadriver,

From the logs, the errors seem to be all over the place. Please follow the instructions below.

Code:
Built by: 7601.18409.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.140303-2144
Debug session time: Wed May 28 23:32:28.549 2014 (UTC + 6:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 1:02:27.751
BugCheck D1, {fffffa7f87e167e9, 2, 1, fffff88001885c60}
Probably caused by : tcpip.sys ( tcpip!UdpDeliverDatagrams+110 )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0xD1
PROCESS_NAME: NetSvcHelp.exe
Debug session time: Tue May 27 11:11:47.459 2014 (UTC + 6:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 3:27:51.286
BugCheck F7, {3db0, 2b992ddfa232, ffffd466d2205dcd, 0}
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for Unknown_Module_00000000`00000000
empty
Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+1875d6 )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0xF7
Debug session time: Tue May 27 06:55:34.644 2014 (UTC + 6:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:00:07.846
BugCheck 1000007E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff80003197c5e, fffff88003006238, fffff88003005a90}
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!SeCaptureSecurityDescriptor+31b )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x7E
Debug session time: Sat May 24 08:36:58.399 2014 (UTC + 6:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 6:07:12.601
BugCheck D1, {fffff80040b9c788, 2, 0, fffff8800f2197da}
Probably caused by : usbehci.sys ( usbehci+67da )
Debug session time: Fri May 23 07:06:01.584 2014 (UTC + 6:00)
System Uptime: 2 days 4:54:13.412
BugCheck C2, {7, 109b, 1, 32122}
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for ndisrd.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for ndisrd.sys
Probably caused by : nwifi.sys ( nwifi!WPP_SF_dll+3e9 )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0xc2_7
Debug session time: Mon May 19 22:22:52.572 2014 (UTC + 6:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 11:43:15.400
BugCheck 1A, {41287, d3a2000, 0, 0}
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+454f5 )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x1a_41287
PROCESS_NAME: SearchIndexer.
Debug session time: Mon May 19 10:38:23.300 2014 (UTC + 6:00)
System Uptime: 1 days 2:11:44.067
BugCheck 1E, {ffffffff80000003, fffff88009a17510, 0, 0}
Probably caused by : afd.sys ( afd+41360 )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x1E_80000003
PROCESS_NAME: NetSvcHelp.exe
Debug session time: Sun May 18 08:02:42.130 2014 (UTC + 6:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 9:11:48.332
BugCheck D1, {fffff87f85fde258, 2, 0, fffff88005f4f55b}
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for netr28ux.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for netr28ux.sys
Probably caused by : netr28ux.sys ( netr28ux+e755b )
Debug session time: Sat May 17 22:49:57.748 2014 (UTC + 6:00)
System Uptime: 2 days 8:27:05.950
BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff80002eb6f05, fffff88003f509a0, 0}
Probably caused ... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/332953-many-different-bsod-all-sudden.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Windows x Ultimate SP OEM What is the age of system hardware years What is the age of OS installation have you re-installed the OS I reinstalled in January System specs AMD Phenom II x T Ghz ATI Radeon HD GB Gigabyte RAM GB DDR Mhz MB Gigabyte MA T-UD ESET is up to date and im using the motherboard's network and sound adaptor Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem of Getting a BSOD sudden often BCCode c BCP BCP B BCP D BCP FFFFFA CBCA OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - Getting BSOD often of a sudden dmp C Users admin AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode d BCP BCP BCP BCP FFFFF F B OS Version Service Pack Product I couldn't download that program for the dmp files but i uploaded them to the site Also it seems that i get the BSOD at every hour at around mins It's official I crash every hour at I tested the memory aswell no problems found I don't understand this i mean since today i haven't had more than BSOD's since i bought this PC

A:Getting BSOD often of a sudden

Any help please? I updated anything i could think of after the 3rd crash...i don't know what to do anymore

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/222063-getting-bsod-often-sudden.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Hey I built my system about a week ago and besides a bad video card have been going along with no issues. However last night my system had a sudden BSOD while I was on the internet. Now it will boot into windows in safe mode but if I try to start normally it just blue screens on me again within 30 seconds or so. I have attached the dump log in hopes that someone can give me a hand.

Will check your dump now, if you have anymore please post them

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/49966-sudden-bsod.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Hello,

My father has the same occuring BSOD once in a while.
Now i was wondering where the problem came from. So i searched using Google and finally came to this site.
I hope you guys can help us with this problem.

I've attached the dump.
Information about the system:

Win7 Ultimate x64(Originally Windows Vista Home Premium x86)
Sony VAIO VGN-AR71M(About a year and a half)

Thanks in advance

Quote: Originally Posted by JantjeZ

Hello,

My father has the same occuring BSOD once in a while.
Now i was wondering where the problem came from. So i searched using Google and finally came to this site.
I hope you guys can help us with this problem.

I've attached the dump.
Information about the system:

Win7 Ultimate x64(Originally Windows Vista Home Premium x86)
Sony VAIO VGN-AR71M(About a year and a half)

Thanks in advance

Easy the camera driver R5U870FLamd64.sys. Update or remove it.

Code:

Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.11.0001.404 X86
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\K\Desktop\Windows_NT6_BSOD_jcgriff2\103010-28173-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

Symbol search path is: SRV*C:\Symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols;srv*e:\symbols
*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7600 MP (2 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS
Built by: 7600.16617.amd64fre.win7_gdr.100618-1621
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`02c52000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`02e8fe50
Debug session time: Sat Oct 30 14:06:41.424 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 1:17:34.453
Loading Kernel Symbols

Press ctrl-c (cdb, kd, ntsd) or ctrl-break (windbg) to abort symbol loads that take too long.
Run !sym noisy before .reload to track down problems loading symbols.

Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 3B, {c0000046, fffff80002cf1034, fffff880091750b0, 0}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\R5U870FUamd64.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for R5U870FUamd64.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for R5U870FUamd64.sys
Probably caused by : R5U870FUamd64.sys ( R5U870FUamd64+3ba0 )

---------

0: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3b)
An exception happened while executing a system service routine.
Arguments:
Arg1: 00000000c0000046, Exception code that caused the bugcheck
Arg2: fffff80002cf1034, Address of the exception record for the exception that caused the bugcheck
Arg3: fffff880091750b0, Address of the context record for the exception that caused the bugcheck
Arg4: 0000000000000000, zero.

Debugging Details:
------------------
EXCEPTION_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000046 - An attempt to release a mutant object was made by a thread that was not the owner of the mutant object.

FAULTING_IP:
nt!RtlRaiseStatus+18
fffff800`02cf1034 488b8424b8010000 mov rax,qword ptr [rsp+1B8h]

CONTEXT: fffff880091750b0 -- (.cxr 0xfffff880091750b0)
rax=0000000000000000 rbx=00000000c0000046 rcx=fffff880091750b0
rdx=0000000000000001 rsi=0000000000000001 rdi=fffff80002e3ce80
rip=fffff80002cf1034 rsp=fffff88009174ff0 rbp=0000000000000000
r8=0000000000000000 r9=0000000000000200 r10=fffff80002c5... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/121507-sudden-bsod.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Hey I ve come across another problem with my desktop PC This morning when I tried to turn it on I get a blue screen error message just as the windows logo comes up PC SPECS - Windows XP SP - AMD Athlon tm X Dual Core Processor MMX DNow CPUs GHz - GB NVIDIA GeForce GT - GB RAM x GB sticks quot A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer If this is the first time you ve seen this Stop error screen restart your computer If this screen appears again follow these steps Disable or uninstall and anti-virus disk defragmentation or backup utilities Check your hard drive configuration and check for any updated drivers Run CHKDSK F to check for hard drive corruption and restart you computer Technical Information STOP x x FE xB EB A XB EADA X AE I m unable to go into safe mode as I get a screen full of errors within my partitions folder and it just says to hit ESC to cancel loading sptd sys I ve used the Windows Recovery Tool on startup to perform CHKDSK BSOD Sudden P and CHKDSK Sudden BSOD R P Sudden BSOD found one or more errors during its scan but after running R it finds no more - and I m still unable to startup I ve also tried running memtest from a bootable CD but my PC shuts down about seconds into the test so I can t do much with that I scanned often for viruses etc before all this happened so it s less likely for it to be a problem regarding that edit after reading about users with similar problems it does seem like a virus But last night while my PC was on there was a power surge for about half a second at my house - but I didn t think much of it because my computer tower and monitor remained turned on and worked perfectly for the next few hours my TV and one or two other appliances did turn off Could this have caused something Is my best option right now trying to recover all my data from the HDD putting it onto a external hard drive formatting it completely and putting all the data back If so what program would you recommend to do this with If not what other solutions would you recommend PS I do have the original XP install disk Kind regards Pete nbsp

Relevancy 44.29%

So about a half hour ago my system suddenly BSOD'd. The BSOD occurred as I was using a program called MotioninJoy and switching modes. Upon hitting "Enable" the system crashed. This does not generally happen and I'm not sure if I should write that down as just a one off error/fault of the program or an issue with my system. This is the first time I have experienced this error.
112912-19328-01.dmp 11/29/2012 8:37:54 PM SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED 0x1000007e ffffffff`c0000005 fffff880`00ebb6eb fffff880`035c4708 fffff880`035c3f60 Wdf01000.sys Wdf01000.sys+2213e x64 Wdf01000.sys+5d6eb C:\Windows\Minidump\112912-19328-01.dmp 4 15 7601 291,512

Please zip up the last minidump and attach to your reply so I can have a closer look:Navigate to C:\Windows\Minidump <<< folder
The minidumps will be found inside this folder.Right-click on the most recent minidump file > Send to ... > Compressed (zipped) Folder.
The zip file will be located in the same place (the Minidump folder).Attach the zip file to your next reply.
When you click on Add Reply, you will see the facility to attach a file just below the box where you type your message.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/476955/sudden-bsod/
Relevancy 44.29%

CPU : AMD Athlon(tm) II X3 455 Processor
Motherboard : ASUSTeK Computer INC. M4A87TD
BIOS : BIOS Date: 08/24/10 18:48:15 Ver: 08.00.15
Total Memory : 8.00 GB
Usable : 3.25 GB
HDD : ST3750525AS ATA Device
Sound Card : (1) NVIDIA High Definition Audio (2) NVIDIA High Definition Audio (3) VIA High Definition Audio (4) NVIDIA High Definition Audio (5) NVIDIA High Definition Audio
Graphics Card : NVIDIA GeForce GT 440
OS : Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit 7601 Multiprocessor Free Service Pack 1

Help

A:Sudden BSOD every once in a while

Read

System Info - See Your System Specs

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/297281-sudden-bsod-every-once-while.html
Relevancy 44.29%

I have a Dell 1764 laptop, about 2years old, this month, got a new hard-drive with win7 preinstalled about a year and a half ago, from Dell.
Window 7 Home Premium x64.
added files.

A:BSOD, apx. every hour or so i BSOD, svchost/ntoskrnl + others

it will be 2yrs old this month*

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/213216-bsod-apx-every-hour-so-i-bsod-svchost-ntoskrnl-others.html
Relevancy 44.29%

Hello,
first thing: this is not my pc, so I have experienced just 1 of this bsod (chronologically the last one: this pc had 2 cd/dvd reader, 1 working and 1 not working, to do some tests, I disconnected the working one, at first start the broken one has worked but it gave me that BSOD).

Another info: after the 30/11 an external graphic card was installed (don't know which driver/version).

All the older BSOD (before the 21/01/2015) was not caused by me. I ask you, gently, to have a look at this dumps and help me to find the problem/s. Thank you

A:BSOD differents bsod ntoskrnl.exe in many months

Hello,
some days ago a friend took me his pc because he had got many BSOD (I posted yesterday about that with no luck), many of this BSOD are happened after I have installed in that pc an ATI HD 3650 PCI.

First test group on this machine (Acer T650-99TZ):
prime95: rounding was 0.5, expected less than 0.4 (after 2 minutes)
memtest86: many errors whit 2 stick of ram, 0 errors when testing the sticks singularly
Furmark: test passed with no errors (30 minutes)
hdtune: no errors

Second test group on second identical machine (Acer T650-99TZ + hdd, ram and gpu from the first machine)
prime95: rounding was 0.5, expected less than 0.4 (after 2 minutes)
memtest86: many errors whit 2 stick of ram, 0 error when testing the sticks singularly

Third test group on second and first machine (same hw except for the gpu: here I took out the HD 3650 and used the integrated gpu)
prime95: no errors (in 8 hours)
memtest86: no errors (100% passed)

Ram: 2x1gb 1Rx8 PC2-5300U 555-12 hymp112u64cp8-y5
CPU: Pentium 4 524
Obviously no overclock was made on this pc.
Obviously gpu drivers are up-to-date.

Now i'm trying to donwngrade the drivers of the GPU but I think this won't work, since the problem appear to be an incompatibility between the HD 3650 and the other hw.

Can anyone help me to solve this problem? Thanks

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/360195-bsod-differents-bsod-ntoskrnl-exe-many-months.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi guys :)

Today, my PC just randomly turned off and displayed a BSOD error message.

Here is an image of the error:

http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/6229/img0972gs3.jpg

Okay so I restarted the PC and check in event viewer. There was a system error there:

Source: System Error
Category: 102
Event ID: 1003
Description: Error code 10000050, parameter1 e7dd101c, parameter2 00000000, parameter3 bf83efc2, parameter4 00000001.

The thing is that immediately before this error there is a warning message:

Source: tcpip
Category: None
Event ID: 4226
Description: TCP/IP has reached the security limit imposed on the number of concurrent TCP connect attempts.

So I'm thinking that clearly the BSOD error was to do with this?

Am i right?

I've never had this error before.

How can I fix this?

My system is Microsoft XP Home Edition, Service Pack 2.
I've not installed any software in the past few days.

Relevancy 43.86%

I've been getting Random BSOD for a couple days now. Not sure whats causing it as it will BSOD while at the desktop. I checked my temps and updated my Video drivers and thats all I could see that was out of date. Anyway this is my first time posting, I think I have Attached everything you guys need. Let me know if I left anything out.

Attachment 89783

A:Random BSOD all of the sudden.

Anyone able to help out?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/102357-random-bsod-all-sudden.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi

My computer crashes every now and then. It will restart and everything seems alright until it crashes again.

I attach the dump file. Grateful for your help.

A:BSOD sudden crashes

Follow these-

Quote: Originally Posted by Arc

Get rid of intel rapid storage.
Right click on "my computer" icon and click "manage" on the context menu.
It will open the "computer management" window.
Select "Device Manager" in the left pane, It will list all the existing devices up.
Expand "Disc Drives" by clicking on the triangle in front of it.
Select one item under it, right click, uninstall.
Continue the process for all items under "Disc Drives"
Now restart the computer. At restart, windows will auto configure the appropriate system driver, msahci.sys.

Quote: Originally Posted by writhziden

If you have an SSD, make sure the following are up to date:SSD firmware
BIOS Version
Chipset Drivers
Hard disk controller drivers/SATA drivers
If you have a Marvell IDE ATA/ATAPI device, make sure the drivers are up to date from the Intel site or Marvell site and not from your motherboard/vendor support site.

Run the System File Checker that scans the of all protected Windows 7 system files and replaces incorrect corrupted, changed/modified, or damaged versions with the correct versions if possible:

Click on the
Type CMD on Search
Left click and Run as Administrator
Type SFC /scannow

Full tutorial here:
SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

Run Disk Check on your hard disk for file system errors and bad sectors on it:
Disk Check

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 7A, {fffff6fc4005ffa8, ffffffffc000000e, 40f9bbe0, fffff8800bff5000}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+37bba )

---------

2: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR (7a)
The requested page of kernel data could not be read in. Typically caused by
a bad block in the paging file or disk controller error. Also see
KERNEL_STACK_INPAGE_ERROR.
If the error status is 0xC000000E, 0xC000009C, 0xC000009D or 0xC0000185,
it means the disk subsystem has experienced a failure.
If the error status is 0xC000009A, then it means the request failed because
a filesystem failed to make forward progress.
Arguments:
Arg1: fffff6fc4005ffa8, lock type that was held (value 1,2,3, or PTE address)
Arg2: ffffffffc000000e, error status (normally i/o status code)
Arg3: 0000000040f9bbe0, current process (virtual address for lock type 3, or PTE)
Arg4: fffff8800bff5000, virtual address that could not be in-paged (or PTE contents if arg1 is a PTE address)

Debugging Details:
------------------

ERROR_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc000000e - A device which does not exist was specified.

DISK_HARDWARE_ERROR: There was error with disk hardware

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x7a_c000000e

CURRENT_IRQL: 0

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from fffff80002b0d9d2 to fffff80002a9e640

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`0331d848 fffff800`02b0d9d2 : 00000000`0000007a fffff6fc`4005ffa8 ffffffff`c000000e 00000000`40f9bbe0 : n... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/302188-bsod-sudden-crashes.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I built this computer around two or three weeks ago for Christmas. Everything has been running great and smoothly until the last two days I have been getting BSOD's randomly. I marked the first as nothing (as I've gotten BSOD's before on other computers that were totally random and never happened again) but I've gotten two more since then. I have no idea why, I haven't altered anything from when it was working perfectly.

My specs are...
i5 2500k @ stock
ATI Radeon 6870
8gb (2x4gb) Corsair Vengeance
ASUS P8Z68-V LE
750w PSU (currently blanking on brand -- It was a high quality name brand. not some random small company)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

(while it's probably something simple like my drivers (running driver verifier currently) I secretly hope my motherboard is already failing. Got to get the most out of that overpriced warranty we bought ;o)

A:Random BSOD's All Of a Sudden?

Looking for the results of Driver Verifier. STOP 0xD1 errors typically respond well to Driver Verifier.

CMedia Audio drivers date from 2008. Please update these from the mobo manufacturer's website (if it's onboard audio). The memory dumps blame portcls.sys - a Windows driver that's (I think) associated with your audio system.

In short, I'd suggest uninstalling your audio drivers, downloading a fresh, Win7 compatible copy, and then installing the fresh download.

BSOD BUGCHECK SUMMARY

Code:

Loading Dump File [C:\Users\FUBAR\_jcgriff2_\dbug\__Kernel__\011312-12558-01.dmp]
Built by: 7601.17640.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.110622-1506
Debug session time: Sat Jan 14 00:27:27.530 2012 (UTC - 5:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 1:43:39.732
BugCheck D1, {fffff881056e2ff8, 2, 0, fffff88005001770}
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for cmudax3.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for cmudax3.sys
Probably caused by : portcls.sys ( portcls!memmove+2c0 )
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0xD1_portcls!memmove+2c0
Bugcheck code 000000D1
Arguments fffff881`056e2ff8 00000000`00000002 00000000`00000000 fffff880`05001770
BiosVersion = 0504
BiosReleaseDate = 07/12/2011
CPUID: "Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2500K CPU @ 3.30GHz"
MaxSpeed: 3300
CurrentSpeed: 3310
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\FUBAR\_jcgriff2_\dbug\__Kernel__\011312-11809-01.dmp]
Debug session time: Fri Jan 13 22:35:51.478 2012 (UTC - 5:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 5:56:29.680
BugCheck D1, {fffff881056f6ff8, 2, 0, fffff88004e01770}
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for cmudax3.sys
PROCESS_NAME: audiodg.exe
Bugcheck code 000000D1
Arguments fffff881`056f6ff8 00000000`00000002 00000000`00000000 fffff880`04e01770
BiosVersion = 0504
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\FUBAR\_jcgriff2_\dbug\__Kernel__\011212-16333-01.dmp]
Debug session time: Thu Jan 12 22:07:57.390 2012 (UTC - 5:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:23:04.592
BugCheck D1, {fffff881054eaff8, 2, 0, fffff88004db6770}
Bugcheck code 000000D1
Arguments fffff881`054eaff8 00000000`00000002 00000000`00000000 fffff880`04db6770
BiosVersion = 0504

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/random-bsods-all-of-a-sudden-624325.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi there Yup another noob with a BSOD NOTHING! constant doing and when sudden, - BSOD posting Suddden and constant BSOD this week I havent changed upgraded updated modified BSOD - sudden, constant and when doing NOTHING! deleted or otherwise stuck my fingers into anything this week I HAVE generally tinkered with and upgraded my computer packard bell iMedia x but the last thing I did was to upgrade the RAM weeks ago from GB x gb to gb gb gb DDR I've run windows memory diagnostic AND memtest over night - no errors I've run anti-virus scans and malware scans - nothing flagged Tinkered components apart from the RAM in order of change Graphics card upgraded to Nvidia GTS - no problem with that for over a year PSU from manufacturers to Winpower silent W - changed same time as graphics card - no problems at all Windows Vista bit to Windows Ultimate bit months old Um i changed the speakers yesterday The drawer on my DVD drive was stuck and wouldnt open so I have disconnected the power and sata cable inside the case All drivers are up-to-date so I have no idea whats happening The 'windows has recovered from a stupid error' message window says Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode a BCP BCP BCP BCP FFFFF F OS Version Service Pack Product I've uploaded the dmp file and other info as per the BSOD posting rules All help muchly appreciated P

A:BSOD - sudden, constant and when doing NOTHING!

Hello mabtycoon,

Avast can be a contributing cause of BSOD'S .
Please remove and replace with Microsoft Security Essentials AT LEAST TO TEST

http://files.avast.com/files/eng/aswclear5.exe

Microsoft Security Essentials - Free Antivirus for Windows

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/225706-bsod-sudden-constant-when-doing-nothing.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Windows -bit Intel Core i with TB HDD and GB RAM Purchased with an HP in November No current access to more detailed information OS was reinstalled in August following a bad hotfix This story begins about crashing; Sudden BSOD no days ago What's happening is I'm having sudden inexplicable crashes of the entire computer an immediate shutdown though during this time there have been or isolated blue screens also Triggers The original problem occurred when I tried to open a scheduling program for my church that I've been using for - months TMS Explorer There was a BSOD But when Windows came back up it was EXTREMELY sluggish After much trial and error I ended up doing a selective startup disabling all programs and services then re-enabling them one by one The Zimbra Desktop email client appeared to be the cause This Sudden crashing; no BSOD seems quite odd since I've been using it with no problem for - years I uninstalled it anyway During this time I also purchased and attempted to run SpinRite but it froze hours into the process likely due to my TB HDD being too large After Sudden crashing; no BSOD this things seemed to be working fine The next problem occurred when I tried to play Civilization IV on Steam with my son We were going through the tutorial Sudden crashing; no BSOD when it simply and abruptly crashed We reproduced this error two more times in the tutorial then another time within the main game itself All of this reinforced an early belief that it was an update to Steam on March that was a trigger to the problem I did not uninstall Steam but I did disable it on startup Since then however in the last hours the system has crashed three times The first two times I was playing music through iTunes and browsing with Chrome things I have done dozens of times in the past The third time was a short while ago this time it was just Chrome that was open a couple of tabs watching a YouTube video Attempted fixes some of these attempted after reading this forum - Updated Microsoft Security Essentials It hadn't updated itself in a month for some reason - SpinRite version red screen error partway through as explained above - Downloaded and ran Malwarebytes Antivirus was conflicting with it for awhile but it eventually finished successfully and reported no problems - Downloaded SeaTools haven't run it yet - Downloaded Memtest and ran it after the latest crash It got about of the way through the scan then abruptly crashed the computer On a reboot I saw a BSOD after it recovered I opted for a normal start to Windows then had the abrupt crash again On a second reboot I again saw a BSOD after it recovered I tried to boot into Safe Mode but got the Startup Repair instead Startup Repair suggested a System Restore I agreed Less than a minute later there was another abrupt crash The desktop is currently off I'm on my laptop at the moment I am off work today and open to suggestions Thanks in advance

A:Sudden crashing; no BSOD

Quote: Originally Posted by Aweberman

Windows 7 64-bit Intel Core i7 with 2 1TB HDD and 8GB RAM.
Purchased with an HP in November 2009. (No current access to more detailed information.)
OS was reinstalled in August 2010 following a bad hotfix.

This story begins about 10 days ago. What's happening is I'm having sudden, inexplicable crashes of the entire computer, an immediate shutdown (though during this time there have been 1 or 2 isolated blue screens also).

Triggers: The original problem occurred when I tried to open a scheduling program for my church that I've been using for 6-9 months (TMS Explorer). There was a BSOD. But when Windows came back up, it was EXTREMELY sluggish. After much trial and error, I ended up doing a selective startup, disabling all programs and services, then re-enabling them one by one. The Zimbra Desktop email client appeared to be the cause. (This seems quite odd since I've been using it with no problem for 1-2 years. I uninstalled it, anyway.) During this time I also purchased and attempted to run SpinRite, but it froze 20+ hours into the process, likely due to my 1TB HDD being too large.

After this, things seemed to be working fine. The next problem occurred when I tried to play Civilization IV on Steam with my son. We were going through the tutorial when it simply and abruptly crashed. We reproduced this error two more times in the tutorial, then another time within the main game itself. All of this reinforced an early belief that it was an update to Steam on March 14 that was a trigger to the problem. I did not uninstall Steam, but I did disable it on startup.

Since then, however, in the last 24 hours, the system has crashed three times. The first two times I was playing music through iTunes and browsing with Chrome, things I have done dozens of times in the past. The third time was a short while ago; this time it was just Chrome that was open: a couple of tabs, watching a YouTube video.

Attempted fixes (some of these attempted after reading this forum):
- Updated Microsoft Security Essentials. (It hadn't updated itself in a month, for some reason.)
- SpinRite version 6 (red screen error partway through, as explained above)
- Downloaded and ran Malwarebytes. Antivirus was conflicting with it for awhile, but it eventually finished successfully and reported no problems.
- Downloaded SeaTools 2.22; haven't run it yet.
- Downloaded Memtest86 and ran it after the latest crash. It got about 40% of the way through the scan, then abruptly crashed the computer. On a reboot, I saw a BSOD; after it recovered, I opted for a normal start to Windows, then had the abrupt crash again. On a second reboot, I again saw a BSOD; after it recovered, I tried to boot into Safe Mode but got the Startup Repair instead. Startup Repair suggested a System Restore; I agreed. Less than a minute later, there was another abrupt crash. The desktop is currently off; I'm on my laptop at the moment.

I am off work today and open to suggestions. Thanks in advance.

To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.

The procedure:

* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.

To ensure minidumps are enabled:

Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
OK your way out.
Reboot if changes have been made.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/152577-sudden-crashing-no-bsod.html
Relevancy 43.86%

so yesterday i updated winows 7 with all those security updates..and i also updated adobe(some big update that popped up)..now today..BSOD out the arse....

and the bad thing..they are all different!!!! grrrrrr

i have a bsod from...NVLDDMKM.sys to..APC INDEX MISMATCH to..PAGE FAULT IN NON PAGED AREA ( or somethin)..

at some point si couldnt boot up!!! it would freeeze..please help me..if you want ill upload the minidumps...

could it be windows update or adobe update?..i also just updated my video card the driver came out yeserday...(but i updated after the first few BSODs)..and i still get bsod

A:Constant BSOD all of a sudden..

Hi ,
Please follow this advice
http://www.sevenforums.com/crash-loc...d-problem.html
Upload all of the minidump files located in C:\Windows\Minidump
If you require more help let us know.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/78406-constant-bsod-all-sudden.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I also get: irql_not_less_or_equal sometimes.

My computer: Aspire V3 - 772G
NVIDIA GeForce GT 750M

I have no clue what causes this - I use Firefox as browser, and I run no other large programs.
The BSOD comes suddenly, machine freezes for about 2 seconds first.

Please help - It's so annoying!

Here is a screenshot from the system windows 8.1 from my laptop:

A:Sudden BSOD - system_thread_exception_not_handled

Hi Gomle & Welcome to the forums ^_^,

In order to help you with your problem, we would need the Dump files to analyze them and see what is causing the problem. Could you please follow the instructions over :-

and post back a freshly generated Diagnostic ZIP File so that could be analyzed?

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/52337-sudden-bsod-system_thread_exception_not_handled.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi Folks,
I have been running Windows 7 on a machine I built couple of years ago without any hassles. Since last weekend, I started having CMOS errors and the dreaded BSOD either after windows has started or shortly thereafter. As a result I have been searching for possible soultions on the web and came across Combofix this morning.
I naively thought it would just fix as I suspected a virus or similar, unfortunately no luck. Upon further reading I noticed that I should have perhaps been told to run it and would then know what to do next.

I have a log file from combofix, where to or whom should i post it for analysis and help?

A:Windows 7 Sudden BSOD

ComboFix usage, Questions, Help? - Look hereUnlike what many people think, Combofix is not a fix-all program that's just "run and done". It is a highly specialized tool that should only be used under the supervision of an expert. It's not an "everyday use", clean-all program.If you suspect malware, please post a new topic in the Virus, Trojan, Spyware, and Malware Removal Logs sub-forum, with a description of the issues you are having and the log file. Please note: the Malware Response team are always overwhelmed, and it could take a few days to get your first reply. Just be patient and don't "bump" your topic by replying to it. You will also likely be scolded for running Combofix without supervision.If you don't suspect malware and just ran Combofix for no good reason, please uninstall it by typing the following into the "Run" box and pressing Enter: combofix /uninstall. In this case, we will try to diagnose your problems here in the Windows 7 sub-forum.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/305214/windows-7-sudden-bsod/
Relevancy 43.86%

HP elitebook 8540w
Windows 7 professsional 64 bit
Graphic card: NVIDIA QUADRO M1800 FX
RAM: 8GB

Hello, this morning my computer suddenly rebooted. I wonder why; all drivers has been updated.

A:[BSOD] Sudden Reboot

try blowing out the heatsink/cooling fan areas. somtimes dust can clog up the heatsink exhaust and cause the motherboards safety policy to power the unit off due to excessive heat.

if that does not work, check and make sure the fans are running.

another cause for this could be a failing memory module or hard disk. i would check the cooling system first.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-sudden-reboot-569581.html
Relevancy 43.86%

So Im pretty careful with my PC and today my laptop seems to have had its first BSOD I actually did not see it but this is what happened use. BSOD of after 3 Sudden years over I was using the laptop the whole day everything seemed to be fine Sudden BSOD after over 3 years of use. and i recently closed the lid to put it into hibernate After about an hour when i opened the lid back up instead Sudden BSOD after over 3 years of use. of resuming from hibernate like it usually does it appeared to have been shut off So i booted it back up and got the quot Windows did not shut down correctly start windows normally quot screen After fully booting I also received the following error Code Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Sudden BSOD after over 3 years of use. Additional information about the problem BCCode e BCP FFFFFFFF BCP FFFFF E EB BCP FFFFF DB BCP FFFFF DB C OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users Priyesh AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml Read our privacy statement online http go microsoft com fwlink linkid amp clcid x If the online privacy statement is not available please read our privacy statement offline C Windows system en-US erofflps txt I have also attached the files from the SF diagnostic tool The only thing that I can think of that was done differently than usual was that i was doing a lot of coding and debugging with my android phone via the usb So im just wondering if anyone can give me an idea of what may have caused this Heres some other info about the PC Dell inspiron n i - m gb dualbooting win and ubuntu Like i said everything has been running fine for over years never had a bsod Thanks in advance

A:Sudden BSOD after over 3 years of use.

Welcome to the forum.

Please update these older drivers. Links are included to assist in looking up the source of the drivers. If unable to find an update, please remove (un-install) the program responsible for that driver. DO NOT manually delete/rename the driver as it may make the system unbootable!:-

NETwNs64.sys Tue Dec 21 23:08:43 2010 (4D10DF1B)
Intel(R) Wireless WiFi Link 5000 Series Adapter Driver for Windows 7
Driver Reference Table - NETwNs64.sys

lmimirr.sys Wed Apr 11 04:32:45 2007 (461C108D)
RemotelyAnywhere Mirror Miniport Driver or LogMeIn Mirror Miniport Driver
Driver Reference Table - lmimirr.sys

LMIRfsDriver.sys Mon Jul 14 22:26:56 2008 (487B7E50)
RemotelyAnywhere Mirror Miniport Driver or LogMeIn Mirror Miniport Driver
Driver Reference Table - LMIRfsDriver.sys

nusb3xhc.sys Fri Dec 10 10:50:35 2010 (4D01B19B)
NEC Electronics USB 3.0 Host Controller Driver (previous BSOD issues with 2010 and earlier versions)
Driver Reference Table - nusb3xhc.sys

nusb3hub.sys Fri Dec 10 10:50:35 2010 (4D01B19B)
NEC Electronics USB 3.0 Host Controller Driver (previous BSOD issues with 2010 and earlier versions)
Driver Reference Table - nusb3hub.sys

If no updates are available then remove the software and its drivers.

Quote:
Use Revo Uninstaller to uninstall stubborn software. Opt for Advance Mode while uninstalling which allows leftover registry removal:Download Revo Uninstaller Freeware - Free and Full Download - Uninstall software, remove programs, solve uninstall problems

Perform a clean install of a driver following: How to Clean Left Over Driver Files with Driver Sweeper

Please run these tests and report back the results.

1. SFC /scannow to check windows for corruption - SFC /SCANNOW - System File Checker
2. Disk check for errors on the hard drive - Run Disk Check in Windows 7
3. Troubleshoot apps by a clean boot - Performing a Clean Startup
4. Memtest86+ paying attention to part 3 - RAM - Test with Memtest86+
5. Hard drive test from HDD mfg website - Hard Drive Diagnostic Procedure

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/318917-sudden-bsod-after-over-3-years-use.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I'll try and keep this as brief as possible I have a dual boot system Windows and Xp Pro Sp on separate HDDs About a week after installing Nvidia driver I booted in to and my resolution was x with no other resolutions available I have an EVGA GTX I uninstalled and reinstalled the video drivers rebooted and got a BSOD Could boot in to Safe Mode and my GTX is recognized in Device Manager as well as driver version Since then I have Reinstalled Windows bit BSOD before I even get Win7 only Sudden BSOD, to the Desktop Installed Windows bit Same result as above Tried Archived Nvidia driver v BSOD Installed my old video card GTO No BSOD I can get in to Windows but when I first log on the screen is just a bunch of diagonal lines This lasts for about seconds and then clears up If I run any D graphics again nothing but diagonal lines I have to Alt-F out of the program running the graphics to get my Desktop back If I open the Sudden BSOD, Win7 only Nvidia Control Panel my screen blacks out momentarily Tried a different power supply with GTX Same problems Tested HDDs with HDTune and ran MemTest No problems reported on either Installed Vista Home Premium on Windows disk with my GTX and everything is fine Same with XP all is fine with the GTX Ran ATI-Tool in XP and Nvidia's Cascade in Vista and the GTX is working just fine Analyzed the memory dump from Windows and quot Probably caused by nvlddmkm sys quot I Googled that and found similar cases but no solutions I thought this might be a hardware problem but the card works fine in Vista and XP Does anyone have any idea what might be causing the BSOD's in Windows Any help would be appreciated I'm out of ideas Specs MoBo Gigabyte EP -UD P Bios vF newest version CPU Q no OC Cooler Arctic Pro Video Card EVGA GTX MBs no OC Now using a GTO RAM GSkill DDR PC x GBs no OC HDDs XP Disk-WD Velociraptor GBs Windows Disk-WD Black GBs Data Disk-WD Black GBs Optical Drives LITE-ON Black SATA DVD-ROM SAMSUNG X DVD R DVD Burner PSU Corsair W GTX Idle Temps w SpeedFan logged into XP GPU C Core C Core C Core C Core C HD C HD C HD C Core C Ambient C GTX Idle Temps w RealTemp logged into XP GPU C Core C Core C Core C Core C

A:Sudden BSOD, Win7 only

Quote: Originally Posted by degaeil

I'll try and keep this as brief as possible.

I have a dual boot system (Windows 7 and Xp Pro Sp3) on separate HDDs.

About a week after installing Nvidia driver 197.13, I booted in to 7, and my resolution was 640 x 480 with no other resolutions available. I have an EVGA GTX 275.

I uninstalled, and reinstalled the video drivers, rebooted, and got a BSOD.

Could boot in to Safe Mode, and my GTX 275 is recognized in Device Manager, as well as driver version.

Since then I have:

Reinstalled Windows 7 32 bit. BSOD before I even get to the Desktop.

Installed Windows 7 64 bit. Same result as above.

Tried Archived Nvidia driver v196.21, BSOD.

Installed my old video card (7900GTO)
No BSOD. I can get in to Windows 7, but when I first log on, the screen is just a bunch of diagonal lines.
This lasts for about 15 seconds and then clears up.
If I run any 3D graphics, again, nothing but diagonal lines. I have to Alt-F4 out of the program running the graphics to get my Desktop back.
If I open the Nvidia Control Panel, my screen blacks out momentarily.

Tried a different power supply (with GTX 275). Same problems

Tested HDDs with HDTune and ran MemTest. No problems reported on either.

Installed Vista (Home Premium) on Windows 7 disk (with my GTX 275), and everything is fine.
Same with XP, all is fine with the GTX 275.
Ran ATI-Tool in XP, and Nvidia's Cascade in Vista, and the GTX 275 is working just fine.

Analyzed the memory dump from Windows 7 and: "Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys".

I Googled that, and found similar cases, but no solutions.

I thought this might be a hardware problem, but the card works fine in Vista and XP.

Does anyone have any idea what might be causing the BSOD's in Windows 7?

Any help would be appreciated. I'm out of ideas.
Specs:
MoBo: Gigabyte EP45-UD3P Bios vF10 (newest version)
CPU: Q9550 (no OC)
Cooler: Arctic 7 Pro
Video Card: EVGA GTX 275 896 MBs (no OC) (Now using a 7900 GTO)
RAM: GSkill DDR 2 1066 (PC2 8500) 2x2GBs (no OC)
HDDs: XP Disk-WD Velociraptor 150GBs, Windows 7 Disk-WD Black 640 GBs, Data Disk-WD Black 750 GBs
Optical Drives: LITE-ON Black SATA DVD-ROM, SAMSUNG 22X DVD?R DVD Burner
PSU: Corsair 650W

275 GTX Idle Temps w/SpeedFan (logged into XP):
GPU: 44C
Core 0: 30C
Core1: 34C
Core2: 32C
Core3: 34C
HD0: 38C
HD1: 30C
HD2: 37C
Core: 44C
Ambient: 38C

275 GTX Idle Temps w/RealTemp (logged into XP):
GPU: 44C
Core0: 30C
Core1: 34C
Core2: 32C
Core3: 34C

Well it seems like it is still the nvlddmkm.sys. Sorry there isnt more info about it.

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/75862-sudden-bsod-win7-only.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi, I'm new here, but I have been having an issue with a BSOD on my windows 10 system.

I have been having issues with Page Fault Errors.

When I first build the system about 2 years ago I had a lot of crashing issues, and through a lot of trail and error and replacing basically everything over time until I replaced the motherboard and did a fresh install of windows at the end of last year, which seemed to solve all of my problems.

However, now after everything had run perfect for 5 months the crashes have returned today, though I have not installed any new hardware or drivers. It was a frustrating problem before, and I basically hoping someone here can help me find a quick solution so that I can avoid the headache I went though before.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/51755-sudden-return-bsod.html
Relevancy 43.86%

hey guys.
having recent problems with my windows 7 OS.
I'm getting BSOD on startups. This started recently and occurs during idle or viewing videos. I've tried WhoCrashed and found out it might be my nvidia drivers for my mobo, but i've updated them and still crashes. any help?
I'm running windows 7 32bit

Not sure how else I can explain my problems. I've attached the dump files; hopefully you guys can figure it out for me. Thanks bunches

A:BSOD happening all of a sudden

These crashes were mainly caused by memory corruption/exception (probably a driver).
Please run these two tests to verify your memory and find which driver is causing the problem.
If you are overclocking anything reset to default before running these tests.
In other words STOP!!!
Memtest.

Quote:
*Download a copy of Memtest86 and burn the ISO to a CD using Iso Recorder or another ISO burning program. Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

*Boot from the CD, and leave it running for at least 5 or 6 passes.

Just remember, any time Memtest reports errors, it can be either bad RAM or a bad motherboard slot.

Test the sticks individually, and if you find a good one, test it in all slots.

Any errors are indicative of a memory problem.

If a known good stick fails in a motherboard slot it is probably the slot.

RAM - Test with Memtest86+

Driver verifier

Quote:
Using Driver Verifier is an iffy proposition. Most times it'll crash and it'll tell you what the driver is. But sometimes it'll crash and won't tell you the driver. Other times it'll crash before you can log in to Windows. If you can't get to Safe Mode, then you'll have to resort to offline editing of the registry to disable Driver Verifier.

So, I'd suggest that you first backup your stuff and then make sure you've got access to another computer so you can contact us if problems arise. Then make a System Restore point (so you can restore the system using the Vista/Win7 Startup Repair feature).

Then, here's the procedure:
- Go to Start and type in "verifier" (without the quotes) and press Enter
- Select "Create custom settings (for code developers)" and click "Next"
- Select "Select individual settings from a full list" and click "Next"
- Select everything EXCEPT FOR "Special Pool", "Force Pending I/O Requests" and "Low Resource Simulation" and click "Next"
- Select "Select driver names from a list" and click "Next"
Then select all drivers NOT provided by Microsoft and click "Next"
- Select "Finish" on the next page.

Reboot the system and wait for it to crash to the Blue Screen. Continue to use your system normally, and if you know what causes the crash, do that repeatedly. The objective here is to get the system to crash because Driver Verifier is stressing the drivers out. If it doesn't crash for you, then let it run for at least 36 hours of continuous operation (an estimate on my part).

Reboot into Windows (after the crash) and turn off Driver Verifier by going back in and selecting "Delete existing settings" on the first page, then locate and zip up the memory dump file and upload it with your next post.

If you can't get into Windows because it crashes too soon, try it in Safe Mode.
If you can't get into Safe Mode, try using System Restore from your installation DVD to set the system back to the previous restore point that you created.

Using Driver Verifier to identify issues with Windows drivers for advanced users

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/212236-bsod-happening-all-sudden.html
Relevancy 43.86%

All of a sudden I am facing BSOD
Since I changed my sata cables but maybe I think i changed the sata ports too
I am attaching the files
Please tell me what is the problem with my computer
Do i need to install the windows again

Relevancy 43.86%

Hi BSOD - Restarts No Sudden PC there My first post on this forum so hello everyone I have some problems with my newly built PC and I was wondering if any of you could help I've already done some research and asked on a couple of forums but I'm struggling to find out what's wrong To cut a long story short days ago I bought a new custom built PC did not build it myself My excitement lasted only for a couple of PC Sudden Restarts - No BSOD hours as it started rebooting without PC Sudden Restarts - No BSOD errors nor blue screens Here's the spec Intel Core i GHz Mb Cache I - Asus P T SE Crossfire FSB DD GB SATA Hard Drive Mb GTX PCI Express Nvidia DDR GB Corsair Memory DDR x g Creative X-Fi Gamer EZ cool Watt PSU - not the best PSUi know but I thought it would do I've installed Speedfan and the temperature PC Sudden Restarts - No BSOD is ok - GTX went from C when idle to C after minutes of gameplay the CPU was much cooler at C- C All BIOS settings are set to auto including RAM and I'm tempted to re-install windows in case there's something wrong with the installation however based on what I've read and discussed this is probably a PSU issue Speedfan shows the following Vcore V V V AVcc V It can happen randomly many times while playing a game or even when browsing my hard drive - never happened when the pc was idle and I dont have any start up problems Any advice would be much appreciated - although I'm tempted to ask for my money back before the day period is over as it's a brand new system and should work fine right many thanks in advance EDIT - I've already checked the drivers uninstalled and removed creative x-fi enabled the onboard sound disabled autorestart with no luck whatsoever

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/pc-sudden-restarts-no-bsod-423951.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Two weeks ago I got my first ever BSOD. I quickly ran my avast virus software but came up empty. Next I went through change log (which is not as indepth as it should be). The only changes that were made recently was MS updates and a VMWare instl. Next I uninstalled VMWare. I did however have a supprising number of virus attacks the previous two months, but avast seemed to catch them all. Is it possible that one got through, or maybe a MS update caused a conflict with my system?

A:Sudden BSOD problems with 64 bit XP pro

I also wonder if anyone has had experience with XP pro, and might know anti malware that is compatible with 64 bit. The only one I have found is avast. Any suggestions?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/316109/sudden-bsod-problems-with-64-bit-xp-pro/
Relevancy 43.86%

Suddenly, today, my HP laptop with these system specifications has started crashing at a very high rate.

There is no specific action I'm doing that triggers it. I could be writing this post (for the third time), using a word processor, or simply navigating directories.

I have tried my best to follow your instructions for this thread, but if I have left anything out please let me know and I will get any other needed information. I've attached the zip file from your SF_Diagnostic_Tool

Also, thank you for having a board dedicated to this within your forum. I look forward to finding a solution to this. Again, if any other information is needed please let me know.

Thank you.

A:Sudden BSOD, No System Changes

Is this part of the same problem?

SSD System Drive No Longer Booting After Attaching External Toaster

If so, please see my suggestion for gathering partition information in post.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/305375-sudden-bsod-no-system-changes.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I have just reinstalled Win 7 64bit and I was surfing the web on Firefox. I was also performing a backup to an external hard drive. Suddenly the system flashed BSOD and rebooted. Chkdsk returned no bad sectors, and I have conducted extensive memtest86 and hdd tests which both came back clean. I performed the steps requested and attached the zip.

OS - Win 7 64bit upgraded from Win XP on clean install completed 7/11/11. Purchased upgrade disk from Microsoft vender.

? Age of system (hardware): Varied - oldest components are from 2006 with newest from 2011.

? CPU - AMD Athalon II X4 2.6 GHTZ quad core

? Video Card - nVidia GTS 450 1gb DDR3

? Motherboard - Gigabyte MA770T-UD3P ? Power Supply - Cooler Master 600W

? System Manufacturer - Home built

Thanks for any help provided.

A:[SOLVED] Sudden BSOD 7/12/11

Hi -

Update or uninstall MOZY -

Code:
MOBK.sys Thu Dec 31 22:20:07 2009 (4B3D69E7)
http://sysnative.com/0x1/DriverReference.html#MOBK.sys

Remove McAfee - http://kb.eset.com/esetkb/index?page=content&id=SOLN146

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

BSOD SUMMARY

Code:

Loading Dump File [C:\Users\PalmDesert\_jcgriff2_\dbug\__Kernel__\071211-18564-01.dmp]
Built by: 7600.16385.amd64fre.win7_rtm.090713-1255
Debug session time: Tue Jul 12 18:08:54.454 2011 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 2:19:03.295
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for MOBK.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for MOBK.sys
Probably caused by : hardware ( MOBK+4695 )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x3B
PROCESS_NAME: mcshield.exe
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_IP_MISALIGNED
Bugcheck code 0000003B
Arguments 00000000`c0000005 fffff880`00e5a875 fffff880`0768aa40 00000000`00000000
BiosVersion = F8
BiosReleaseDate = 05/14/2010
SystemManufacturer = Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
SystemProductName = GA-MA770T-UD3P

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/solved-sudden-bsod-7-12-11-a-586953.html
Relevancy 43.86%

i got this computer not long ago, it arrived early april. The PC was running like a dream for the first few weeks. I started using Sony Vegas 10 for video editing and that's when it seems the BSOD's started. Sometimes it happens 5 minutes after using sony vegas, sometimes it runs fine for a day and doesn't crash the pc, so i'm not sure if that is the problem just trying to give as much info as i can.

Operating System
MS Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit
CPU
Intel Core i5 650 @ 3.20GHz 36 ?C
Clarkdale 32nm Technology
RAM
6.0GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 665MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard
Dell Inc. 0C2KJT (CPU 1)
Graphics
DELL P2211H ([email protected])
ATI Radeon HD 5450
Hard Drives
977GB Western Digital WDC WD1001FAES-75W7A0 ATA Device (SATA)
488GB Western Digital WDC WD5000AAKS-40YGA1 ATA Device (SATA)
Optical Drives
PLDS DVD+-RW DH-16ABS ATA Device
Audio
Realtek High Definition Audio

A:Sudden BSOD on newer PC

Welcome to Windows Seven Forums.

Not wishing to duck out here, but as it's a new computer I'd be inclined to get in touch with Dell to repair or replace your computer while it's still under warranty.

Failing that, have you tried a system restore to a point before you started using Sony Vegas?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/160737-sudden-bsod-newer-pc.html
Relevancy 43.86%

So recently in the past few weeks I have been getting a BSOD that shows dxgmms1.sys. It happens totally randomly. This is my CUDA box do it's running SETI on 6 cores/12 threads and 3 GPU's at about 70%. Thing is that it will still BSOD even without CUDA running. I have saved my dump files and I would really appreciate any help you all may offer.

I am a MCSE 2003 and a MCITP SA/EA, but my expertise is in building enterprise domains, not fixing BSOD .

Can anyone tell me how to get started uploading the dump and what the normal protocol is on these forums.

Thanks,

Adam

A:New/Sudden BSOD DXGMMS1.SYS

Follow these instructions
http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html
dxgmms1.sys suggest the Nvidia driver was involved in the crash
- Boot into safe mode with networking
- Uninstall the Nvidia drivers
- Use driver sweeper to remove leftover Nvidia display driver files Guru3D - Driver Sweeper
- Install the latest drivers http://www.nvidia.com/object/win7-wi...ql-driver.html
- Reboot into normal mode

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/133102-new-sudden-bsod-dxgmms1-sys.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hello Tech Support.

I suddenly started getting BSOD's just today. I checked the dump files with BlueScreenView and it highlights ntoskrnl.exe and tcpip.sys. They just started appearing today. I got new hardware about a week ago. GA-970A-UD3 mobo, AMD FX-6100 processor which i overclocked to 4.2ghz and 8gb Corsair Vengeance ram. I did i full reinstall of windows after i got the new hardware, and i updated all drivers, and i havent got any BSOD till now.

Markus Hansen aka ColdFrozt.

A:Sudden BSOD while gaming

Hello and welcome to TSF!

Quote:

which i overclocked to 4.2ghz

Your OC may be unstable, so I'd recommend bringing everything back to stock by clearing the CMOS and see if the BSOD's stop once back at stock settings for a bit.

Regards,

Patrick

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/sudden-bsod-while-gaming-660107.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I was in the hospital for a few weeks and problems BSOD Sudden before I left my pc was running great x gb cavaliers in raid xp pro gb mushkin ddr- q gts gb Now I got home it ran great all day then during the night as my direct drive download of mass effect was almost done i wake up to a bsod fell asleep at pm and it was fine woke up at am with bsod I Sudden BSOD problems tried to restart but the computer would hang on boot I turned it off and Sudden BSOD problems in the morning it seemed to be fine for a while then it bsod'd again and same problem it hangs at boot at the part where it says quot searching for array's quot or something like that This would lead me to believe that it was the raid corrupted or something but when it does boot after i wait a while after bsod it says the array is healthy Here is the error code from the BSOD i got this morning Stop x F x x EC x EC D x D F Please help I miss my computer already

A:Sudden BSOD problems

just got a new error code when the windows disk was loading drivers and stuff

STOP: 0x0000007B (0xF78D2524, 0xC0000034, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/sudden-bsod-problems-274300.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I recently installed Service Pack 3 on my laptop, and now all of a sudden my Verizon USB modem will give the BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH when I plug it in to any port. Other USB devices will work....at least my thumb drive and a printer have both worked for me. I tried to restore back to the point of install for SP3 but computer will not restore to any point....I cannot work from home now bc no Internet!!!!!!
and am falling so BEHIND!!! Someone PLEASE be kind enough to help me!!!!

Windows XP Media Center Edition Version 2002 SP3

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-me-usb-modem-all-of-a-sudden-causes-bsod.926639/
Relevancy 43.86%

Hey guys i just got a new pc not less than 12 hours ago, and i was playing dota but then after i quit dota my pc suddenly went blue screen and restarted itself and the IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL came up. Here are some of the details from the report.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: a
BCP1: FFFFFA806210BADA
BCP2: 0000000000000002
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: FFFFF80002CF62F7
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\063012-11793-01.dmp
C:\Users\USER\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-14695-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
Windows 7 Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

I just hope someone can help me fix this, i'm a total noob in computers and stuff. Thanks a lot.

A:Sudden BSOD with irql_not_less_or_equal

Please follow the http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html to provide us with the crash reports to analyze and give you troubleshooting steps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/237766-sudden-bsod-irql_not_less_or_equal.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Up until last week my machine has been running just fine Then suddenly I get hit - times a day with a BSOD - Most often when gaming Nothing too serious or system stressing - Mainly during League of Legends ALWAYS at the very end of the match and Planetside Might be worth mentioning that a day before all this I got one error about some Nvidia kernel failure recovery The Screen itself makes a reference to quot cdd dll 'page fault in nonpaged area' quot however BSV says quot ntoskrnl exe quot is to blame THINGS IVE ALREADY TRIED Recent BSOD Sudden) (and Ran a memtest - no errors Wasnt a full passes just around hours while I was out sfc scannow - no errors Stress tested the CPU - no errors Stress tested the GPU - no errors Malewarebytes and CCleaner scans Made sure Drivers were Up to date Ran in Skyrim with a HEAVILY modified ENB series not a quot real quot stress test i know but the ENB makes it look like its on the CryEngine Temps stayed where they should have although the memory sticks did warm up a tad so I suspect they might be the culprit or linked to it Machine Specs Win x What was original installed OS on system Nope Is the OS an OEM version came pre-installed on system or full retail version YOU purchased it from retailer I installed it myself Age of system hardware - Less than year Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS - less than year- Recent (and Sudden) BSOD no I've not CPU Intel Core i - k GHz Video Card Nvidia Geforce GTX Ti MotherBoard GIGABYTE Z x-UD H Power Supply - brand amp wattage Corsair CX watt

A:Recent (and Sudden) BSOD

Hi,

The attached DMP file is of the PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (50) bug check.

This indicates that invalid system memory has been referenced.

Bug check 0x50 usually occurs after the installation of faulty hardware or in the event of failure of installed hardware (usually related to defective RAM, be it main memory, L2 RAM cache, or video RAM).

Another common cause is the installation of a faulty system service.

Antivirus software can also trigger this error, as can a corrupted NTFS volume.

---------------

1. Remove and replace AVG with Microsoft Security Essentials for temporary troubleshooting purposes as AVG may be causing NETBIOS conflicts:

AVG removal - http://www.avg.com/us-en/utilities

MSE - Microsoft Security Essentials - Microsoft Windows

2. AppleCharger.sys - Wed Oct 24 20:51:02 2012

^^ GIGABYTE On/Off Charge driver. See here for details - GIGABYTE ON/OFF Charge

It's known to cause BSOD's and is a relatively useless software, so please remove ASAP.

3. Update to Service Pack 1 ASAP: Learn how to install Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1)

Regards,

Patrick

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/recent-and-sudden-bsod-780114.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi,
I've read the posting instructiongs for BSOD but when I try to run a health check it immediately tells me the Resource and Performance Monitor has stopped working and closes it.
I've only had this PC around 3 weeks and today was the first sign of BSOD..three times in the last hour telling me that the system has to shut down to avoid damage.
I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit which was installed by the shop on this newly built PC.

I'm trying to follow the instructions and get the information to Zip for you but it's just not working.

A:Sudden Repeat BSOD

Quote: Originally Posted by RowanWolf

Hi,
I've read the posting instructiongs for BSOD but when I try to run a health check it immediately tells me the Resource and Performance Monitor has stopped working and closes it.
I've only had this PC around 3 weeks and today was the first sign of BSOD..three times in the last hour telling me that the system has to shut down to avoid damage.
I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit which was installed by the shop on this newly built PC.

I'm trying to follow the instructions and get the information to Zip for you but it's just not working.

If you wish to have others assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder. The procedure:

* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Start your own thread in the appropriate section of the forum and attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
* Briefly describe the problem history and circumstances in the same post. Somebody will attend to your query as soon as possible.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/121535-sudden-repeat-bsod.html
Relevancy 43.86%

This happened while installing Battlefield 3. I rebooted. Re-installed without problem. Played it for 30 mins. And surfed the web, chatted, printed still for about another 90 mins before the same BSOD happened again. Took a picture of it. Running a Malwarebytes full system scan now. Any idea what it is? Cant make sense of the code at the bottom. Might be useful to pinpoint the problem. Thanks for your help!

A:Sudden BSOD's on Win7 64-Bit.

Hi -

The bugcheck = 0xbe = driver attempted to write to read-only memory

If BSODs began with Battlefield 3 (none before), it is the likely culprit. Do you have the most recent version?

See if Driver Verifier flags any 3rd party drivers - Driver Verifier - Windows 7 & Vista (BSOD-related)

Driver Verifier needs to run 24 hours minimum or until it BSODs your system, whichever is less. Then run the jcgriff2 BSOD app -

Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions - Windows 7 & Vista

Also, run Speccy - http://www.filehippo.com/download_speccy
- "File" | "Publish Snapshot" | Paste URL into your next post

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/sudden-bsods-on-win7-64-bit-608724.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hello First thanks for helping me I suddenly had multiple BSOD yesterday but made no major change to my computer Its screen was a bit tired it blinks sometimes but I had no such problem so far - I ran a SFC scannnow but it was ok - I went on Easily explore your PC and updated all my drivers still have BSOD - Avast BSOD 44) 7f, multiple (124, Sudden d1, found a rootkit and some other things but I think it deletes everything I will do other tests Avast Malwarebytes when my computer will stop crashing every xx minutes Here are the informations Windows x Original installed Bought it refurbished by came with Windows About years Same and no reinstall so far Intel Core Duo P Ghz nVidia GeForce GTX M Motherboard still looking for it Original LiteOn V A it's a notebook power supply Asus G GX Attachments - Some dump files - Blue Screen View report For the BSOD Windows Vista v jcgriff I got a problem I put it in Documents run it as Administrator a screen shows Sudden multiple BSOD (124, 7f, d1, 44) up and disappears very quickly I have no folder created I run in with cmd and got a screen in the attachment And for Perfmon it doesn't work either it says quot Impossible to find the path quot Maybe it is because I'm in Safe Mode I will reboot in normal mode and try again if it works Sudden multiple BSOD (124, 7f, d1, 44) I'll add the attachments needed Thanks again

A:Sudden multiple BSOD (124, 7f, d1, 44)

It's me again.

In normal mode, Perfmon works but not the bsod_jcgriff.
Here is the report.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/sudden-multiple-bsod-124-7f-d1-44-a-663306.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Hi. Could anyone help me without me having to download those programs?
I was watching a video on youtube and suddenly my screen went black for a second and the a message came up saying "amd recovered". After reloading the youtube page, the BSOD came up. The BSOD message was:

0x0000016 (0xfffffA8004B59010, OXFFFFF880040BE768 0X 0000000000000000, 0X 000000000000000 2)
atikmpag.sys- Address FFFFF880040BE768 base at FFFFF 880040B6000 date stamp 4f7e4294

After turning it off the pc wouldn't come back on for a few minutes.

A:BSOD Sudden! Horrific!

Here's a troubleshooting guide for the STOP 0x116 errors (like those that you're experiencing): STOP 0x116: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR troubleshooting

If the PC wouldn't turn back on for a while, you have to suspect overheating. Check to see if the cooler (both CPU and GPU) are free of dust/dirt/cats/and small children, and that the fans are turning freely.

Please provide this info to see if there are additional problems affecting this: http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/233342-bsod-sudden-horrific.html
Relevancy 43.86%

i7 4770k
corsair 750 watt psu
asus z87 plus mobo
1Tb HD
gtx 770
H80i water cooler

The games that i fail to run are the crysis games and Just Cause 2. My computer runs Men of War and Payday 2 fine.

my graphics card runs games absolutely fine with high fps, then it crashes. Suddenly. This happens almost every 20 minuets. I have tried overclocking, not overclocking, clean install of drivers, different drivers, updating my drivers, removing drivers, adding drivers etc.

Any advice? Please.

A:Gtx 770 high fps then sudden BSOD

Welcome to SevenForums, try posting in this thread for BSOD

BSOD Help and Support - Windows 7 Help Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/332263-gtx-770-high-fps-then-sudden-bsod.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I recently began to experience starting on July th a BSOD It started right as I was using Process Hacker to Sudden BSOD recently terminate Firefox which ended up freezing Figured it was a one off problem Then on the th it happened again but this time I was downloading a game off Steam onto my hard drive Sudden BSOD recently I then did some digging and saw that panda cloud had something to do with second BSOD I ended up removing it but that did not solve the problem Ever since then I had intermittent BSOD's until today when I had in a row I had a feeling it might be an issue with memory considering some of the blue screens related to STOP Errors especially x I ended up booting to memtest and ran it for the better part of today Did total passes without any failure I have GB of total ram Kingston and Crucial DR PC - DDR PC - DDR PC - DDR non-ECC I removed panda cloud I also did try Verifier and that caused MSE to give a BSOD especially relating to mpfilter sys I removed MSE and right now don't have any Antivirus software Could it be that my hard drive is dying and causing the blue screens The Hard drive in question is a Western Digital Caviar SE GB SATA I am muffed as to what exactly is causing this to happen It just cropped up out of the blue OS Name Microsoft Windows Professional Retail OS Version N A Build OS Manufacturer Microsoft Corporation OS Configuration Standalone Workstation OS Build Type Multiprocessor Free System Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd System Model P -DS L System Type x -based PC Processor s Processor s Installed Intel Family Model Stepping GenuineIntel Mhz BIOS Version Award Software International Inc F Total Physical Memory MB Available Physical Memory MB Virtual Memory Max Size MB Virtual Memory Available MB Virtual Memory In Use MB Memory Type DDR PC - DDR PC - DDR PC - DDR non-ECC Video Card EVGA -GT

A:Sudden BSOD recently

Figured I'd follow up to see if anyone was looking at this thread. Last night I did a chkdsk c: /r /f on my system. Let it run over night.

Log Name: Application
Source: Microsoft-Windows-Wininit
Date: 7/22/2011 5:33:28 AM
Event ID: 1001
Task Category: None
Level: Information
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: Brian-PC
Description:
Checking file system on C:
The type of the file system is NTFS.

A disk check has been scheduled.
Windows will now check the disk.

CHKDSK is verifying files (stage 1 of 5)...
564992 file records processed.

File verification completed.
1652 large file records processed.

0 bad file records processed.

2 EA records processed.

60 reparse records processed.

CHKDSK is verifying indexes (stage 2 of 5)...
695504 index entries processed.

Index verification completed.
0 unindexed files scanned.

0 unindexed files recovered.

CHKDSK is verifying security descriptors (stage 3 of 5)...
564992 file SDs/SIDs processed.

Cleaning up 32 unused index entries from index $SII of file 0x9.
Cleaning up 32 unused index entries from index $SDH of file 0x9.
Cleaning up 32 unused security descriptors.
Security descriptor verification completed.
65257 data files processed.

CHKDSK is verifying Usn Journal...
35178920 USN bytes processed.

Usn Journal verification completed.
CHKDSK is verifying file data (stage 4 of 5)...
564976 files processed.

File data verification completed.
CHKDSK is verifying free space (stage 5 of 5)...
29464402 free clusters processed.

Free space verification is complete.
CHKDSK discovered free space marked as allocated in the
master file table (MFT) bitmap.
CHKDSK discovered free space marked as allocated in the volume bitmap.
Windows has made corrections to the file system.

488280063 KB total disk space.
369515020 KB in 494419 files.
225536 KB in 65258 indexes.
0 KB in bad sectors.
681895 KB in use by the system.
65536 KB occupied by the log file.
117857612 KB available on disk.

4096 bytes in each allocation unit.
122070015 total allocation units on disk.
29464403 allocation units available on disk.

Internal Info:
00 9f 08 00 47 8a 08 00 dc b0 0d 00 00 00 00 00 ....G...........
ec 2d 00 00 3c 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 .-..<...........
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ................

Windows has finished checking your disk.
Please wait while your computer restarts.

Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Wininit" Guid="{206f6dea-d3c5-4d10-bc72-989f03c8b84b}" EventSourceName="Wininit" />
<EventID Qualifiers="16384">1001</EventID>
<Version>0</Version>
<Level>4</Level>
<Task>0</Task>
<Opcode>0</Opcode>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2011-07-22T09:33:28.000000000Z" />
<EventRecordID>27982</EventRecordID>
<Correlation />
<Execution ProcessID="0" ThreadID="0" />
<Channel>Application</Channel>
<Computer>Brian-PC</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data>

Checking file system on... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/176506-sudden-bsod-recently.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I recently installed a 4 year old digital tablet, when I was using Paint tool SAI, my laptop suddenly became so slow then BSOD.

After turning it on again, this appeared:

Quote:
Problem signature:
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3

BCCode: 1000009f
BCP1: 0000000000000004
BCP2: 0000000000000258
BCP3: FFFFFA8005BB3040
BCP4: FFFFF80000BA2740
Product: 768_1

C:\Windows\Minidump\080812-24507-01.dmp
C:\Users\lenovo\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-92648-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
Windows 7 Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Any help and advice would be appreciated! Thank you for your time!

A:BSOD after sudden hang

There is only one crash dump in the upload and this blames ewusbnet.sys which seems to be some sort of mobile internet 3G modem/dongle.

Driver Reference Table - ewusbnet.sys

Have a look to see if you can find any updated drivers for the device.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/245321-bsod-after-sudden-hang.html
Relevancy 43.86%

I didn't know it just suddenly happened last time. I was eating breakfast, but then when I came back to my room, the BSOD appeared suddenly.

After restarting my computer. There's a solution window that appeared.

Here:

Problem signature:
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1

BCCode: 1000008e
BCP1: C0000005
BCP2: 82D5D795
BCP3: 9F348AE4
BCP4: 00000000
Product: 256_1

C:\Windows\Minidump\060811-21824-01.dmp
C:\Users\(Username)\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-56909-0.sysdata.xml

That "Files that help describe the problem"
Do I have to delete these files so it will solve the problem without causing BSOD while being idle in anytime? Because I don't want that to happen.

Please, reply.

A:Sudden BSOD when Idle

NO!!! DON'T delete the files - they are used for troubleshooting!!!

Please provide this info: http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html

While waiting for a reply, please run these free diagnostics:

Quote:
I suggest starting all troubleshooting with the following diagnostic tests. They'll save you a lot of time and heartache if there is a hardware failure, and you'll have the disks on hand in case you need them in the future:

Quote:
H/W Diagnostics:
Please start by running these bootable hardware diagnostics:
Memory Diagnostics (read the details at the link)
HD Diagnostic (read the details at the link)

Also, please run one of these free, independent online malware scans to ensure that your current protection hasn't been compromised: Free Online AntiMalware Resources (read the details at the link)

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/167872-sudden-bsod-when-idle.html
Relevancy 43.86%

Good afternoon I m hoping someone sudden, tried everything BSOD of boot all Help. on up have a can help me Up until now I ve felt like an advanced computer user but I cannot fix this problem and I m losing confidence I have a Dell running windows XP It has an GB hard drive for the OS Help. BSOD on boot up all of a sudden, have tried everything and a TB hard drive for media It s used only for watching movies and shows and browsing basic internet It has run perfect for quite some time I decided I wanted to upgrade the memory It has GB now I inserted more GB to bring it to its maximum of GB When I turned it on I had a warning that I cannot combine non-ecc memore with ecc memory So I turned it off and verified that I indeed accidentally installed Help. BSOD on boot up all of a sudden, have tried everything ecc memory when my computer only takes non-ecc So I figured it wasn t a big deal and just removed it When I turned my computer on again for the first time it went through the standard boot process then to the screen that said my Windows was not shut down properly and it asked to boot into one of the safe modes last known working settings or start windows normally We ve all seen this screen So quot No Matter Which quot option I choose it instantly goes to a blue screen of death showing a stop error code of Stop x B xF A the rest of the parameter codes are zeros I feel like I ve tried everything but just can t get it past that This computer was running fine before hand I ve verified in my BIOS that the computer is recognizing both hard drives But when I tried to use my Windows XP CD to do a recovery windows won t recognize my hard drives it says no hard disk found That might be that issue with Windows XP not being able to recognize SATA controllers so I m going to try to put the Dell drivers onto a USB and use the F command to fix that part But I just don t see how putting in the new memory and immediately taking it out when I saw the warning has changed or messed up anything I ve checked all the SATA cables and replaced them with spares but that didn t change anything Does anyone have ANY ideas of what I can do to try and get this puppy to get past the blue screen of death Thanks a million nbsp

Relevancy 43.43%

My computer was idle and i was AFK and after a few minutes i noticed that it restarted and the BSOD message popped up.

A:Sudden BSOD, the computer was idle

Hi lanth94.

The BSOD is storage related.

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR (7a)
The requested page of kernel data could not be read in. Typically caused by
a bad block in the paging file or disk controller error. Also see
KERNEL_STACK_INPAGE_ERROR.
If the error status is 0xC000000E, 0xC000009C, 0xC000009D or 0xC0000185,
it means the disk subsystem has experienced a failure.
If the error status is 0xC000009A, then it means the request failed because
a filesystem failed to make forward progress.
Arguments:
Arg1: c057ffd0, lock type that was held (value 1,2,3, or PTE address)
Arg2: c0000185, error status (normally i/o status code)
Arg3: 54a8b820, current process (virtual address for lock type 3, or PTE)
Arg4: afffaff0, virtual address that could not be in-paged (or PTE contents if arg1 is a PTE address)

Debugging Details:
------------------
ERROR_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000185 - The I/O device reported an I/O error.

DISK_HARDWARE_ERROR: There was error with disk hardware

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x7a_c0000185

CURRENT_IRQL: 0

TRAP_FRAME: 8a91ba04 -- (.trap 0xffffffff8a91ba04)
ErrCode = 00000000
eax=afffaff0 ebx=ad413340 ecx=001caff0 edx=00000000 esi=ad413340 edi=ad413008
eip=82e47c44 esp=8a91ba78 ebp=8a91ba88 iopl=0 nv up ei pl nz na po nc
cs=0008 ss=0010 ds=0023 es=0023 fs=0030 gs=0000 efl=00010202
nt!HvMarkCellDirty+0x220:
82e47c44 8b00 mov eax,dword ptr [eax] ds:0023:afffaff0=00000000
Resetting default scope

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from 82cfe60a to 82d26d10
Test your Western Digital Scorpio Blue SATA II 250GB with Data Lifeguard Diagnostic for Windows.

Make it sure that all the screws are properly screwed to the HDD. Make it sure that the HDD and the SATA cable ... neither of them dont have a bent pin. Re-seat the SATA and power. If possible, change them. Also try to apply the SATA cable to another unused SATA port on the motherboard.

Let us know the results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/312318-sudden-bsod-computer-idle.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I have had win7 rc 64bit installed scince release. my computer has worked like a dream scince..... except until like a few weeks ago. i get BSOD two or three times with reboot and diskcheck etc etc. also random explorer failures. i have attempted to update all applicable drivers for my system and the problem wont go away. I am kinda new to this sort of thing and fairly new at building my own system. PLEASE HELP!( i dont want to shoot my pc)

A:sudden BSOD twice or three times daily

James

Can you go into c:\windows\minidump, zip the dump file (*.dmp) and upload it to us to debug.

Let us know if you need help with any of that

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/29439-sudden-bsod-twice-three-times-daily.html
Relevancy 43.43%

hello all
i'll post and attach everything i can, please help to identify/solve the problem :(

Info:
? OS - Vista/ Windows 7 ? windows 7
? x86 (32-bit) or x64 ? 32-bit
? What was original installed OS on system? Vista
? Is the OS an OEM version (came pre-installed on system) or full retail version (YOU purchased it from retailer)? full retail
? Age of system (hardware) 2006 i guess
? Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS? yes in about 2010

? CPU :Name: Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T7300 @ 2.00GHz
? Video Card: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 2400 XTn
? MotherBoard: Manufacturer: Acer, Serial Number: LXEA10R00181125A8B2000
? System Manufacturer: Acer
? Exact model number (if laptop, check label on bottom) : Extensa 5620G-301G12Mi

A:[SOLVED] weird sudden BSOD

Recommendations:Analysis was inconclusive. It is difficult to find patterns with only one .dmp file. Run Driver Verifier to see if it flags something. Run Verifier after taking care of any outdated drivers, device concerns, and/or software concerns..DRIVER VERIFIER - Windows 8, 7 & Vista
Outdated Drivers:You should update/replace/remove the following drivers. Any drivers that are known to cause BSODs, please remove the software or remove the drivers and then remove the device; steps to do so are given after the list of outdated drivers. If you have ASACPI.sys installed, make sure it is updated and not pre-2009; pre-2009 versions are known to cause BSODs:

mcdbus.sys Tue Feb 24 03:42:13 2009 (49A3CF05)
MagicISO SCSI Host Controller driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=mcdbus.sys

netw5v32.sys Thu Mar 26 10:10:37 2009 (49CBA8FD)
Intel Wireless WiFi Link Driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=netw5v32.sys

b57nd60x.sys Sun Apr 26 05:15:34 2009 (49F44256)
Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet NDIS6.0 Driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=b57nd60x.sys

To update drivers, make sure to download the drivers from the manufacturer and not using 3rd party programs. Your drivers should be found from your motherboard support site (ASUS, Gigabyte, MSI, etc.) or your vendor support site (Dell, HP, Toshiba, Sony, etc.) first. If you have devices you bought yourself, the drivers for those devices need to be downloaded from the manufacturer support site for those devices. If you need help, let us know.

To remove drivers, do so by uninstalling the device or software associated with the driver. Devices can be uninstalled through device manager, and then the device itself should be physically removed from the system if possible.

Device Concerns:
Code:
Security Driver ROOT\LEGACY_SECDRV\0000 This device is not present, is not working properly, or does not have all its drivers installed.
Mass Storage Controller PCI\VEN_104C&DEV_803B&SUBSYS_011F1025&REV_00\4&1549EFE7&0&32F0 The drivers for this device are not installed.
PS/2 Compatible Mouse ACPI\SYN0302\4&1A4452B3&0 This device is not present, is not working properly, or does not have all its drivers installed.
Was the jcgriff2 tool run within Safe Mode? If so, that would explain the above. Can you run it in normal mode?

If not, please explain what is happening with the system when trying to run in normal mode.

Software Concerns:AVG PC Tune-Up is not recommended for optimizing the system. I recommend staying away from all 3rd party optimization tools. They typically cause the system to perform slower and damage Windows and the programs installed, especially if they include a registry cleaner.The Assumptions You Make About Your Slow PC (and Why They're Probably Wrong)
3rd Party Drivers: The following is for information purposes only. My recommendations were given above. The drivers that follow belong to software or devices that were not developed by Microsoft. Any drivers in red should be updated/replaced/removed. You can find links to the driver information and where to update the drivers in the section after the code box:

Code:
**************************Sat Dec 15 13:22:50.565 2012 (UTC - 7:00)**************************
VSTCNXT3.SYS Wed Oct 15 18:29:13 2008 (48F68AD9)
VSTAZL3.SYS Wed Oct 15 18:30:03 2008 (48F68B0B)
VSTDPV3.SYS Wed Oct 15 18:32:04 2008 (48F68B84)
mcdbus.sys Tue Feb 24 03:42:13 2009 (49A3CF05)
netw5v32.sys Thu Mar 26 10:10:37 2009 (49CBA8FD)
b57nd60x.sys Sun Apr 26 05:15:34 2009 (49F44256)
intelppm.sys Mon Jul 13 17:11:03 2009 (4A5BBF07)
intelide.sys Mon Jul 13 17:11:19 2009 (4A5BBF17)
atikmdag.sys Mon Aug 17 21:03:58 2009 (4A8A1A1E)
amdxata.sys F... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/solved-weird-sudden-bsod-679951.html
Relevancy 43.43%

I had pdf files open and google chrome. Then blue screen of death. Help me identify the problem.

A:BSOD all of a sudden when browsing website

I used the DM log collector. The BSOD happened on april 22 2015. Ignore the BSOD dmp files from march 2014.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/367856-bsod-all-sudden-when-browsing-website.html