Windows Support Forum

Windows 7 boots normally then freezes after 2 minutes

Q: Windows 7 boots normally then freezes after 2 minutes

When i boot my computer i get into windows 7 but about 2 minutes afterwards all of the programs and windows explorer will stop responding. I can get into safe mode fine and i have tried things like checking the integrity of windows and everything seems fine and i have run chkdsk and that came back fine. I have uninstalled the programs that i have recently downloaded but still nothing. I just got it to work once because i run a virus scan and it removed some but i restart after it works for 30 mins and then it freezes. Can anyone enlighten me on what i should do?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Windows 7 boots normally then freezes after 2 minutes

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Windows 7 boots normally then freezes after 2 minutes

1. If you are overclocking any hardware, please stop. Reset any changed values back to default and reset/clear CMOS: Clear CMOS - 3 Ways to Clear the CMOS - Reset BIOS. Uninstall any overclocking tool as these can also be a reason of blue screens.

Code:
Start Menu\Programs\ASUS\AI Suite II Public:Start Menu\Programs\ASUS\AI Suite II Public

Quote:
Use Revo Uninstaller Free to uninstall stubborn software. Opt for Advanced Mode and uninstall the software, delete the leftover registry entries.

2. Uninstall your current antivirus software. It can cause problems. Please remove it with its removal tool and use Microsoft Security Essentials in its place. Malwarebytes is a great combination with it. Go through this thread for more info.

Code:
Start Menu\Programs\AVG Public:Start Menu\Programs\AVG Public
3. Run Disk Check with both boxes checked for all HDDs and with Automatically fix file system errors. Post back your logs for the checks after finding them using Check Disk (chkdsk) - Read Event Viewer Log

4. Run SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker to check windows for integrity violations. Run it up to three times to fix all errors. Post back if it continues to show errors after a fourth run or if the first run comes back with no integrity violations.

5. Make scans with Kaspersky TDSskiller and ESET Online scanner.

6. Perform a Clean Start up, this will help avoid any problematic applications from bugging the system.

Let us know the results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/306074-windows-7-boots-normally-then-freezes-after-2-minutes.html
Relevancy 88.15%

Hello I have a client who has a computer that has a very very large amount of applications and programs installed It seems to me that their computer has some sort of virus or process that keeps killing it after around minutes of being booted into Windows use? minutes XP freezes Boots of in, after 2-3 windows Windows XP SP boots in successfully you can move the mouse around and things begin to load After all the 'startup' shortcuts have been run you have a window of maybe to minutes to use the pc then it just freezes The mouse is still moveable just nothing else Windows XP Boots in, freezes after 2-3 minutes of use? Defragments virus scans anything that is required to run for an extended period of time isn't possible to be run since it just freezes after x amount of minutes Things to note when i right click the start bar go to task manager it seems that the inside of the 'applications' tab is the only thing showing you cannot get to the processes tab or anything since that portion of the window does not exist I have run hijackthis and will post the log in hope that someone will see some things in it i can remove in hope of fixing this PC Here is the log and thank you in advance to anyone who is able to help me Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Elements PhotoshopElementsFileAgent exe C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Elements PhotoshopElementsFileAgent exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C Program Files Grisoft AVG Anti-Spyware guard exe C WINDOWS system crypserv exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus DefWatch exe C PROGRA Symantec NORTON GHOSTS EXE C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared VS DEBUG MDM EXE C WINDOWS System nvsvc exe C Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus Rtvscan exe C Program Files UnrealStreaming UMediaServer UMediaServer exe C WINDOWS system ZoneLabs vsmon exe C Program Files Symantec Norton Ghost GhostStartTrayApp exe C Program Files DVICO FusionHDTV FusionHdtvTray exe C Program Files DVICO FusionRemote FusionRc exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Picasa PicasaMediaDetector exe C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Elements apdproxy exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C PROGRA SYMANT VPTray exe K HiJackThis exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files ICQLite ICQLite ICQLite exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C Program Files Symantec AntiVirus DoScan exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe C Program Files PowerISO PWRISOVM EXE C Program Files MpcStar Codecs QuickTime qttask exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Common Files Ahead lib NMBgMonitor exe C Program Files PeerGuardian pg exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader reader sl exe C Program Files USB Phone USB Phone USB Phone exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL about blank R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http g msn com seenus saos R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL about blank R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http g msn com seenus saos R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet... Read more

A:Windows XP Boots in, freezes after 2-3 minutes of use?

anyone got any ideas?
it is driving me up the wall :(

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/windows-xp-boots-in-freezes-after-2-3-minutes-of-use-217903.html
Relevancy 69.23%

I am running using Dell Inspiron with windows vista A couple days ago I got on the computer and then it froze at fist the program I was using froze and then I got a circle next to the arrow but could still move the arrow then the arrow stops moving CTL ALT DEL does not work so i must do a hard reboot try to boot in safe mode and all the files come up but then boots safe then Computer normal minutes boot in after mode freezes, 2 not mode, can it goes no where and the computer either restarts or I reboot it I have run all types of tests and nothing comes up Today I got the blue screen of death twice but after reboot it goes away I do not have a Boot Disk and have tried all the tests in the F command Currently I am running an expanded memory test but Computer boots in normal mode, then after 2 minutes freezes, can not boot safe mode figured I would get this out there before I go insane Any ideas would be MUCH appreciated nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-boots-in-normal-mode-then-after-2-minutes-freezes-can-not-boot-safe-mode.992921/
Relevancy 66.22%

Hello all I ll 1-2 minutes few after Windows startup for minutes freezes a up try to explain this the best I can please ask questions if something isn t clear or if you need more info This problem Windows freezes up for 1-2 minutes a few minutes after startup is driving me batty and I have no idea how to quot cure quot it I ve tried everything I can think of I m running Win SP I have gb RAM using an i processor My laptop is an HP Pavilion DV - US All AV malware databases are up-to-date Symantec Endpoint Protection Malwarebytes and I scan daily - the system is clean Every time I boot the computer within minutes of boot Windows will suddenly become non-responsive This non-responsiveness runs for - minutes then everything works great It doesn t happen again so long as the computer doesn t go into Sleep or is rebooted and Windows freezes up for 1-2 minutes a few minutes after startup then it happens all over again That leads me to believe there is something loading up with Windows that is the culprit I ve flashed the BIOS am using the latest and greatest version of it SP I m up to date on Windows updates As far as I can tell using SlimDrivers all my drivers are up-to-date I ve also allowed HP Advisor to scan weekly and it makes no recommendations that something is out of date Using msconfig exe it shows the following as allowed startup items IDT PC Audio - sstray exe HP Quick Launch - HPMSGSVC exe IAStorIcon Intel - IAStorIcon exe Intel Common User Interface - igfxper exe Intel ProSet Wireless - iFrmwrk exe Microsoft Intellipoint - ipoint exe Soluto - soluto exe this was installed in an attempt to find the culprit didn t help but I like the program Symantec Security Technologies - ccApp exe Synaptics Pointing Device Driver - SynTPEnh exe A note with the Synaptics device that s the touchpad and I have it programmed to be disabled whenever a mouse is plugged in Not sure if that s important or not just providing additional information If someone smarter than me that s not saying much - LOL can figure this out I ll be eternally grateful

A:Windows freezes up for 1-2 minutes a few minutes after startup

Open msconfig and on the General tab choose "selective startup" (uncheck all three items) and reboot. Does the problem still occur? If not, start adding items back to msconfig one or two at a time, rebooting after each change, until the problem reappears and you'll have identified the offending process. This is clearly a time consuming process, but it is the best way to determine if some process loading with the system is the cause of your problem.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/390266/windows-freezes-up-for-1-2-minutes-a-few-minutes-after-startup/
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi to minutes. then bit few hangs and 64 after freezes Explorer Windows freezes. 7 everybody I have read tons of forums about this issue and I tried to do what advised but I couldn t solve this issu with my PC I upgraded my system month ago but Windows 7 64 bit freezes after few minutes. Explorer hangs and then freezes. I didn t achieve a stable configuration New componets are MB CPU RAM and SSHD I Windows 7 64 bit freezes after few minutes. Explorer hangs and then freezes. have suspects on PSU even nominal power should be ok ---PC Configuration Windows -bit Intel Core i - K Asus Z -K KHX C D K GX Kingston HyperX x GB Memory Ati Radeon HD Crucial MX quot GB SATA III Solid State Drive PSU Modular Power Supply ATX W keyboard logithech usb wireless mouse advent wireless ---Symptoms Immediately after the boot the graphic card fan starts increasing speed and then the system freezes If I disable and re-enable the graphic card fan stops overunning immediately and run normally the system freezes later randomly After - hard resets the system asks me to restore the system Sometimes it works sometimes it doesn t After downgrading the graphic drivers the system appeared stable for some days But now it started again freezing in a different way rather than increasing the card s fan speed the graphic card starts flickering It stops if I disable and re-enable the graphic card but it starts again after few minutes and the system freezes Freezing mechanism explorer stops responding but the mouse pointer is still working After - seconds mouse freezes as well It happens randomly in idle state using google chrome or playing videogames or in sleeping mode it won t re-starts and it needs an hard reset ---Attempts RAM voltage increased to V from V defalut RAM timing decreased to RAm freq decreased to -- gt Apparently these changes worked but only for few days lt -- memory test with no problem system restore several times video drivers uninstall and reinstall including downgrade In safe mode the system seems to be stable I have uninstalled completely video drivers working with default drivers It freeses again I have tried to stop services but I din t have time the system froze too quickly ---Next attempts clean diagnostic boot Run Check Disk fresh windows installation Any other advice Thank you nbsp

A:Windows 7 64 bit freezes after few minutes. Explorer hangs and then freezes.

Unless the new hardware you fitted is almost identical to the old, which I doubt, you should do a clean install of Windows. The main reason is the drivers from the old stuff are still around and are messing things up.

EDIT : and welcome to TSG.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-7-64-bit-freezes-after-few-minutes-explorer-hangs-and-then-freezes.1130682/
Relevancy 60.63%

I have this problem that i think i got because of successibe power failures. (theyre fixing the lines)

My pc boots up, but hangs up on the welcome screen.
I have enabled boot logging, and it seems that i think the problem is because of afd.sys not loading. how do i fix this?

A:Windows 7 boots up but freezes on welcome screen.

HelloJoshuaLangit123, Welcome to the forum.

Run System File Checker:
SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/310612-windows-7-boots-up-but-freezes-welcome-screen.html
Relevancy 59.77%

For nearly two months now, my PC freezes during boot up on alternating boots. This is as regular as clockwork, and has not varied, even one time. It freezes at the point where the Windows XP Home logo screen is displayed and always just after the keyboard lights flash (Num Lock, Caps Lock and Scroll Lock lights). The boot freezes began happening shortly after I replaced my old CRT monitor with a new Acer AL2016W LCD 20-inch monitor.

I am familiar with the running of Hijackthis and can do so if needed. Any and all suggestions/help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

A:Windows XP Home freezes on alternate boots

Hi and welcome to TSG.
Check Event viewer.
Click Start>Control Panel.
Click Performance and Maintenance.
Administrative Tools, and then double-click Computer Management.
In the console tree>click Event Viewer.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/308427

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-home-freezes-on-alternate-boots.682392/
Relevancy 59.77%

I'm running windows 7 on a lenovo and I've had trouble all weekend with this issue. It started yesterday when my computer froze up so I forced a re-start. Every since then Windows will boot up sometimes and other times it just gets stuck before it even gets to the desktop and I have to force a restart. Other times it will get to the desktop, and has soon as you try and do anything you get the spinning circle and the computer freezes and you have to shut it down again.

I installed and ran the Windows fix-it application this afternoon but it is still happening. I would also mention that windows won't let me uninstall programs right now. It says it can't find the Windows Installer. I don't know if these two issues are related but I thought I would let you know.

Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Ben

A:Windows boots up and then freezes after a couple of mins....

There can be many reasons for your symptoms, but let's approach it from the perspective that the OS itself is damaged.
Boot into Safe Mode (tap F8 repeatedly at bootup) where I assume your computer will be able to run long enough to do the following.
Open a Command prompt with admin rights (run as administrator) and copy and paste the following
sfc /scannow
then hit enter and wait for it to finish and read the mini report at the bottom.
While the scan is going on (should take 15 to 20 minutes), go into msconfig to see what programs are scheduled to start up.
If you know which programs to stop, do so.
If not, you can either post a screenshot of all the programs that are checkmarked, or uncheck all of the non-microsoft programs. If we want any of them to start up later on, they can be added back in.

When you are through with the jobs in Safe mode, reboot into Windows in normal mode to see if it has improved, and let us know.
If it's still bad, no worries, there are other steps yet to be taken.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/548322/windows-boots-up-and-then-freezes-after-a-couple-of-mins/
Relevancy 59.34%

I still use a desktop with Windows 6.0, because it's the only computer in my family that still has a disc drive. Usually, when I turn it on, it will take around a minute to load. But I know that if I touch the computer within the first ten minutes after loading, the entire system will freeze. Usually, when I restart, this fixes the problem.

However, lately, Windows will wait for over 20 minutes before it freezes. Also, restarting is working less and less.

Can anyone offer any help?

A:Windows Freezes After 10 Minutes

Do you mean Windows Vista or Windows Server 2008 - the only Windows versions identified as version 6.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_Microsoft_Windows_versions

http://forums.majorgeeks.com/index.php?threads/windows-freezes-after-10-minutes.313897/
Relevancy 59.34%

Hello everyone,

I'm having lots of trouble with my Windows 7 laptop today. It runs perfectly on safe mode, but on normal mode most of the times it freezes after 2-5 minutes of booting. Usually the screen freezes first, but I can still move the mouse cursor for less than a minute before it freezes completely. Other times Windows just keeps loading forever, and the last time I tried I was able to enter Windows, but the desktop never loaded. The screen was black and all I could see was the mouse cursor, which I could move for a few minutes before it froze. This last situation happened only once, though.

What could it be? I tried doing a clean boot but it didn't work.

Thanks a lot in advance!

A:Windows 7 freezes after a few minutes

This may help : SFC /SCANNOW : Run in Command Prompt at Boot

Or you could try a system restore to before this started.

You HAVE ran some malware/Anti-Virus scans , correct?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/281406-windows-7-freezes-after-few-minutes.html
Relevancy 59.34%

Hi

I have Lenovo ideapad U330.
I have this problem that windows is freezing every few minutes for a few second and than comes back to normal.
Every time my computer was freezing I could only move to mouse and minimize windows.
I checked the even viewer and I noticed that every time my computer was freezing I got this error: "The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Ide\IdePort0."
The source is "atapi"
Event ID: 11

I tried to disable the controllers in the Device Manager but it still freezes.

Please help!!

A:Windows freezes every few minutes

It seems it's your hard drive. With my experience, a quick scan with CCleaner , a malware scan, and AV scan (not simultaneously, seperately) seems to speed things up. However, i just saw in another post (i will come back and edit to give credit) a Hard Drive diagnostics tool that you can use to find the problem should the things i listed don't work.

We'll need some more information such as:

Have you dropped your laptop recently? Has any other hardware changed recently?

Let us know!

http://www.sevenforums.com/drivers/91118-windows-freezes-every-few-minutes.html
Relevancy 59.34%

I am using newly installed windows xp with SP2 currently. Whenever I log on to that , t only gives me 1- to 15 minutes to use it. After that everything freezes,pause and halts. The only solution is to restart. I tried experimenting on that and found out that Whenever I unplug my router before starting windows then it works fine. I am using ZTE router for DSL connection. It worked fine last time I used Windows xp and It was working fine on Windows Vista as well, (which I have formatted now).Plz help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-freezes-after-10-15-minutes.724282/
Relevancy 58.91%

I have recently noticed that Windows 7 will freeze during startup, specifically while the Windows Logo is midway from forming. After this occurs, I will usually just have to turn my computer off and then on again. When I do this, Windows will boot up normally with no errors. If I wait, the computer will automatically continue booting up after roughly 20 seconds have passed.

Originally, I suspected this may have been a driver issue with Wacom as I received an error from one of the drivers however after removing them completely the problem persisted. I also attempted to restore Windows to a time when it was function properly using Restore Points with no effect.

I have recently flashed (updated) my BIOS and installed a 2nd Nvidia GTX 680 in SLI mode. I have also recently updated my Nvidia Drivers.

What could be causing this problem?

Edit: here is where it freezes. Sorry about the quality!

A:Windows 7 freezes at Windows Logo on Startup and then boots up complet

Does anybody have an idea? The problem goes away if I remove all of my peripheral devices and only two or more devices causes the problem. I tried disabling Legacy USB Support in the BIOS and that also seems to solve the problem. However, this causes my screen to go black with a blinking white cursor for several minutes.

What is wrong?!?! Yesterday this was all working fine!

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/397774-windows-7-freezes-windows-logo-startup-then-boots-up-complet.html
Relevancy 58.91%

I have recently noticed that Windows 7 will freeze during startup, specifically while the Windows Logo is midway from forming. After this occurs, I will usually just have to turn my computer off and then on again. When I do this, Windows will boot up normally with no errors. If I wait, the computer will automatically continue booting up after roughly 20 seconds have passed.

Originally, I suspected this may have been a driver issue with Wacom as I received an error from one of the drivers however after removing them completely the problem persisted. I also attempted to restore Windows to a time when it was function properly using Restore Points with no effect.

I have recently flashed (updated) my BIOS and installed a 2nd Nvidia GTX 680 in SLI mode. I have also recently updated my Nvidia Drivers.

What could be causing this problem?

Edit: here is where it freezes. Sorry about the quality!

A:Windows 7 freezes at Windows Logo on Startup and then boots up complet

Does anybody have an idea? The problem goes away if I remove all of my peripheral devices and only two or more devices causes the problem. I tried disabling Legacy USB Support in the BIOS and that also seems to solve the problem. However, this causes my screen to go black with a blinking white cursor for several minutes.

What is wrong?!?! Yesterday this was all working fine!

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/397774-windows-7-freezes-windows-logo-startup-then-boots-up-complet.html
Relevancy 58.48%

My brand new computer freezes 10 Windows 7 after included minutes HJT Freezes after only ten minutes on I am doing this quik I did a HJT log I hope someone can tell me what is going on Windows 7 Freezes after 10 minutes HJT included I get no error messaged but the CPU Usage is out of this world I would appreciate any help you can give me Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Unknown Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C Program Files x IObit Advanced SystemCare AWC exeC Program Files x Dell DataSafe Local Backup Components scheduler STService exeC Program Files x Dell DataSafe Local Backup Toaster exeC Program Files x Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeC Program Files x IObit Advanced SystemCare Sup SmartRAM exeC Program Files x Digital Line Detect DLG exeC Program Files x CyberLink PowerDVD DX PDVDDXSrv exeC Program Files x Dell DellComms bin sprtcmd exeC Program Files x Dell Support Center bin sprtcmd exeC Program Files x Java jre bin jusched exeC Program Files x IObit IObit Security is tray exeC Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Program Files x IObit IObit Security is exeC Program Files x Mosucker Removal Tool Mosucker-Removal-Tool exeC Program Files x Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware mbam exeC Program Files x Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http g msn com USCON R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http mystart incredimail com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exeO - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dllO - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files x Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dllO - BHO Search Helper - EBF - F- bff-A F-B E AAC B - C Program Files x Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack Search Helper SearchHelper dllO - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files x Java jre bin jp ssv dllO - BHO Windows Live Toolbar Helper - E A DC - - A - EA-DC EC ACF - C Program Files x Windows Live Toolbar wltcore dllO - Toolbar amp Windows Live Toolbar - FA EF- D- D - B F- A D - C Program Files x Windows Live Toolbar wltcore dllO - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files x Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run PDVDDXSrv quot C Program Files x CyberLink PowerDVD DX PDVDDXSrv exe quot O - HKLM Run DellComms quot C Program Files x Dell DellComms bin sprtcmd exe quot P DellCommsO - HKLM Run DellSupportCenter quot C Program Files x Dell Support Center bin sprtcmd exe quot P DellSupportCenterO - HKLM Run SunJavaUpdateSched quot C Program Files x Java jre bin jusched exe quot O - HKLM Run IObit Security quot C Program Files x IObit IObit Security IS tray exe quot autostartO - HKLM RunOnce Launcher C Program Files x Dell DataSafe Local Backup Components scheduler Launcher exeO - HKLM RunOnce STToasterLauncher C program files x Dell DataSafe Local Backup toasterLauncher exeO - HKLM RunOnce Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware C Program Files x Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware mbamgui exe install silentO - HKCU Run SpybotSD TeaTimer C Program Files x Spy... Read more

A:Windows 7 Freezes after 10 minutes HJT included

Welcome to the BleepingComputer Forums. Since it has been a few days since you scanned your computer with HijackThis, we will need a new HijackThis log. If you have not already downloaded Random's System Information Tool (RSIT), please download Random's System Information Tool (RSIT) by random/random which includes a HijackThis log and save it to your desktop. If you have RSIT already on your computer, please run it again. Double click on RSIT.exe to run RSIT. Click Continue at the disclaimer screen. Please post the contents of log.txt. Thank you for your patience.Please see Preparation Guide for use before posting about your potential Malware problem. If you have already posted this log at another forum or if you decide to seek help at another forum, please let us know. There is a shortage of helpers and taking the time of two volunteer helpers means that someone else may not be helped. Please post your HijackThis log as a reply to this thread and not as an attachment. I am always leery of opening attachments so I always request that HijackThis logs are to be posted as a reply to the thread. I do not think that you are attaching anything scary but others may do so. While we are working on your HijackThis log, please: Reply to this thread; do not start another! Do not make any changes on your computer during the cleaning process or download/add programs on your computer unless instructed to do so. Do not run any other tool until instructed to do so! Let me know if any of the links do not work or if any of the tools do not work. Tell me about problems or symptoms that occur during the fix. Do not run any other programs or open any other windows while doing a fix. Ask any questions that you have regarding the fix(es), the infection(s), the performance of your computer, etc.Thanks.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/280419/windows-7-freezes-after-10-minutes-hjt-included/
Relevancy 58.48%

I've tried everything I could think of from keeping it from freezing. I've changed just about every setting in the power options to 2 hours, including sleep timer, HDD shutoff, hibernate, etc. Nothing is set to happen within a 2 hour period of idle time. However my system freezes after about 30 minutes. I'm able to move the mouse, but I cannot click on anything and keyboard shortcuts do not work.

When I move my mouse to the bottom of my screen it has the Resize cursor with the 2 arrows, no matter where my mouse is in the task bar. That's about the only activity the system has.

I "upgraded" my OS from 7 to 8 about a month ago, and this happens every time I walk away from it for any significant length of time. I have to force restart with the button on my case.

Any other ideas?

A:Windows 8 freezes after about 30 minutes of inactivity. Please help

What is the make and model# of your computer? Is this a laptop or a Desktop? If a laptop does this happen with the power adapter attached?
Boot into Setup (Bios) go to Power Savings if it is enabled, using your arrow key, Disable it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/windows-8-freezes-after-about-30-minutes-of-inactivity-please-help-745241.html
Relevancy 58.48%

hi,

i'm working on an HP Media Center PC M7680N.

on bootup, it makes it through the HP screen, and then the Windows XP screen and then it just hangs there with a blank screen for 15-20 minutes before finally launching into windows. once in windows it works great - very fast.

things i've already tried:

- safe mode (same thing happens).
- reset bios to defaults.
- ran chkdsk /r from windows cmd prompt
- ran sfc /scannow (don't have the xp pro cd which it wants, i only have an xp home cd.
- removed all viruses, adware and spyware.

since i don't have the o/s cd for this computer, i can't just re-install the o/s. does anyone have any ideas on how i might be able to fix this problem?

A:Pc Freezes For 15-20 Minutes After Windows Welcome Screen

Hi newreel !

Try with a new user account and see if it goes faster. If so, then use the information from this link to copy your profile from your old account to this new one :
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/811151

Else, make sure you have all the latest drivers for your hardware and all the latest critical updates from Windows update.

If you have recovery disks - or if you can create them using the preinstalled Recovery CD creator (sometimes in PC help & Tools) that usually comes with HP computers - or if there's an i386 foder somewhere on the drive then you can use this workaround to use SFC without the install CD :
http://www.windowsforum.org/forums/i...&mode=threaded

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/pc-freezes-for-15-20-minutes-after-windows-welcome-screen-175578.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Windows Professional SP - Dell laptop For a few days now I've been having problems with my laptop It will randomly seemingly cause several open programs to stop responding When I sense this is happening during the first minute or two I can usually switch between open programs and even close some of them and I can ctrl-alt-del and open task manager Within a minute or two though everything stops responding and I can no longer switch between programs close programs ctrl-alt-del or anything else The mouse pointer still works as do the NumLock several problem over Windows not up freezes all at 7 - once minutes, CapsLock keys on my keyboard but everything in Windows is no longer responding Windows 7 problem - freezes up over several minutes, not all at once I cannot Windows 7 problem - freezes up over several minutes, not all at once log off shut down etc Windows never recovers and the only way out is to hold down the power button to kill the power I've not found any pattern to indicate what will cause this to happen in regards to what programs I do or do not have open One time it occurred while Windows was in the process of logging me in but before the desktop appeared While this is happening if I watch the hard drive activity light on the laptop it is primarily off with a brief flicker every couple of seconds or so During normal usage the hard drive light is usually on or flashing constantly almost all of the time It appears to be hard drive related given the sudden decrease in HD activity according to the HD indicator light Yet I've run a full CHKDSK at restart including surface scan with no apparent problems I've run numerous BIOS-based diagnostics including multiple different HD tests and all passed successfully I've run ESET's Online Scanner and it found and cleaned threats listed below but the problem still remains I've run full BIOS-based RAM diagnostics with no errors found ESET removed threats Win DownloadAdmin D application Android Exploit Lotoor CW Trojan I used System Restore to roll back my machine to two different restore points prior to when this problem started happening and that didn't change anything either - which I think points to a hardware problem Yet all hardware tests have passed I ve checked the event logs and found what appears to be related events that correspond to the freeze times There s usually or more VSS errors typical ones are shown below What I don t know is if the VSS errors are just another symptom of the underlying problem or if they re the cause of the problem I m leaning towards them being just another symptom but I m not sure Volume Shadow Copy Service error The shadow copy could not be committed - operation timed out Error context DeviceIoControl Volume e c- c c- e - f - e f e - x c D D Volume Shadow Copy Service error The I O writes cannot be held during the shadow copy creation period on volume Volume e c- c c- e - f - e f e The volume index in the shadow copy set is Error details Open x The operation completed successfully Flush x The operation completed successfully Release x The shadow copy provider timed out while holding writes to the volume being shadow copied This is probably due to excessive activity on the volume by an application or a system service Try again later when activity on the volume is reduced OnRun x The operation completed successfully Volume Shadow Copy Service error Error calling a routine on the Shadow Copy Provider b - b f- -af - abd b d Routine returned E INVALIDARG Routine details GetSnapshot - - - - D A Any ideas on what is causing this problem

A:Windows 7 problem - freezes up over several minutes, not all at once

Hello, probably not a malware issue but run these first too see if there is malware still.

Please download MiniToolBox, save it to your desktop and run it.
Checkmark the following checkboxes:
Flush DNSReport IE Proxy SettingsReset IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsReset FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Users, Partitions and Memory size.
Click Go and post the result (Result.txt). A copy of Result.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run.
Note: When using "Reset FF Proxy Settings" option Firefox should be closed.

Download TDSSKiller and save it to your desktop.
Extract (unzip) its contents to your desktop.Open the TDSSKiller folder and doubleclick on TDSSKiller.exe to run the application, then on Start Scan.If an infected file is detected, the default action will be Cure, click on Continue.If a suspicious file is detected, the default action will be Skip, click on Continue.It may ask you to reboot the computer to complete the process. Click on Reboot Now.If no reboot is require, click on Report. A log file should appear. Please copy and paste the contents of that file here.If a reboot is required, the report can also be found in your root directory (usually C:\ folder) in the form of TDSSKiller_xxxx_log.txt. Please copy and paste the contents of that file here.
ADW Cleaner

Please download AdwCleaner by Xplode and save to your Desktop.
Double click on AdwCleaner.exe to run the toolClick on the Scan button.AdwCleaner will begin to scan your computer like it did before.After the scan has finished...
<-insert any special instructions here for what to uncheck OR remove this line if there are none->This time click on the Clean button.Press OK when asked to close all programs and follow the onscreen prompts.Press OK again to allow AdwCleaner to restart the computer and complete the removal process.After rebooting, a logfile report (AdwCleaner[S#].txt) will open automatically (where the largest value of # represents the most recent report).Copy and paste the contents of that logfile in your next reply.A copy of that logfile will also be saved in the C:\AdwCleaner folder..

Please download Junkware Removal Tool to your desktop.
Shut down your protection software now to avoid potential conflicts.Run the tool by double-clicking it. If you are using Windows Vista, 7, or 8; instead of double-clicking, right-mouse click JRT.exe and select "Run as Administrator".The tool will open and start scanning your system.Please be patient as this can take a while to complete depending on your system's specifications.On completion, a log (JRT.txt) is saved to your desktop and will automatically open.Post the contents of JRT.txt into your next message.
>>>>>

Download Windows Repair (All in One) from this site

Install the program then run it.

NOTE 1. In Windows Vista, 7 and 8 right click on the program, click "Run As Administrator".
NOTE 2. Disable your antivirus program before running Windows Repair.

Go to Step 2 and click on Check button next to 1. See If Check Disk Is Needed.
If the tool that the Check Disk is needed click on Do It button next to 2. Check Disk.
In that case make sure you restart computer.

Once the above is done go to Step 3 and allow it to run System File Check by clicking on Do It button:

Go to Step 4 and under "System Restore" click on Create button:

Go to Start Repairs tab and click Start button.

Leave all checkmarks as they're.
NOTE for Windows 8 users. Reset Registry Permissions is NOT checked by design.

Click on Start button.

Post Windows Repair log which is located in the following folder:
64-bit systems - C:\Program Files (x86)\Tweaking.com\Windows Repair (All in One)\Logs
32-bit systems - C:\Program Files\Tweaking.com\Windows Repair (All in One)\Logs

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/518226/windows-7-problem-freezes-up-over-several-minutes-not-all-at-once/
Relevancy 58.48%

After i start up my computer, it boots normaly and continues fine until i am able to view my desk top. once there, the busy light on the front of my pc comes on and soon after, everything but my mouse freezes. the only thing i am able to do now is turn off my computer using the power switch. I have been having issues with malware letely and as a result, i cant boot in safe mode. my computer is a gateway model running on windows xp media center edition. please help!

thanks.

A:windows freezes after about 4 minutes after boot

It sounds like the infection has you pretty well locked down so this is what I would do. If you have a known working computer, remove the infected hard drive and slave it on to the other computer. Run your scans on the infected drive, remove what they find and then re-install the drive back in its original computer.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/277203/windows-freezes-after-about-4-minutes-after-boot/
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello,

I have a Toshiba Satellite L305 Series laptop. It is a Intel Celeron, with 2GB of RAM and 146 GB hard drive space and it is Windows 7 Professional 32-bit. Every time I turn it on, it works normally, but then it freezes every 5-10 minutes and I have to turn it off by pressing the on/off button and when I turn it on again, same thing works and then freezes. A local computer shop was the place I took my laptop and they suggested getting a new hard drive because they thought it was a hard drive error. Can anyone help me on how to fix this? Also, will getting a new hard drive solve the problem?

Thanks, help is appreciated.

A:Windows 7 freezes constantly every 5-10 minutes

Since you suspect hard disk problems: This could mean hard disk corruption, bad sectors, a failing hard disk, Windows files or registry corruption, viruses, or memory problems.If you are overclocking any hardware, please stop.

Run Disk Check with both boxes checked for all HDDs and with Automatically fix file system errors checked for all SSDs. Post back your logs for the checks after finding them using Check Disk (chkdsk) - Read Event Viewer Log (you may need to search for wininit instead of chkdsk).
For any drives that do not give the message:
Windows has checked the file system and found no problems
run disk check again as above. In other words, if it says:
Windows has made corrections to the file system
after running the disk check, run the disk check again.

Run all Basic tests with SeaTools: S.M.A.R.T. Check, Short Drive Self Test, Drive Information, Short Generic, and Long Generic. Run the tests for all HDDs.SeaTools for Windows

SeaTools for DOS
If you have an SSD, make sure the following are up to date:SSD firmware
BIOS Version
Chipset Drivers
Hard disk controller drivers/SATA drivers
If you have a Marvell IDE ATA/ATAPI device, make sure the drivers are up to date from the Intel site or Marvell site and not from your motherboard/vendor support site.

Check Windows for corruption. Run SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker up to three times to fix all errors with a restart in between each. Post back if it continues to show errors after a fourth run or if the first run comes back with no integrity violations. Use OPTION THREE of SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker to provide us with the sfcdetails.txt file if errors occur.

Download and install Malwarebytes, update it, do not start the free trial, and then run a full scan. Also run a full scan with your antivirus software installed on your system. If you do not have antivirus software installed, see the Good and Free system security combination. for better security steps and scanning tools. Make sure to update the security software before running the full scan.

Run the boot version of Memtest86+ paying close attention to Parts 2 and 3 of the tutorial. Also, in case Memtest86+ misses anything and comes up with no errors, run the extended version of the Windows Memory Diagnostics Tool for at least five passes. These you may want to run overnight since they take a long time to complete (run them an hour before bed each of the next two nights and check before going to sleep that they are still running).

Warning
Before you proceed with the following, answer these two questions: Are you still under warranty? Does your warranty allow you to open up the machine to check hardware? If you are unsure of the answers to these questions, contact your system manufacturer. WARNING: The steps that follow can void your warranty!!!

For Part 3: If You Have Errors: If you swap any memory components, follow these steps for ESD safety:Shut down and turn off your computer.
Unplug all power supplies to the computer (AC Power then battery for laptops, AC power for desktops)
Hold down the power button for 30 seconds to close the circuit and ensure all power drains from components.
Make sure you are grounded by using proper grounding techniques, i.e. work on an anti-static workbench, anti-static desk, or an anti-static pad. Hold something metallic while touching it to the anti-static surface, or use an anti-static wristband to attach to the anti-static material while working. If you do not have an anti-static workbench, desk, or pad, you can use your computer tower/case by finding a metal hold in it, such as a drive bay.
Once these steps have been followed, it is safe to remove and replace components within your computer.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/237199-windows-7-freezes-constantly-every-5-10-minutes.html
Relevancy 58.48%

On a random basis Windows 7 freezes for about 2 minutes, then proceeds with the activities in normal fashion. The operating system and software is on a Solid State Drive while everything else is on a hard drive. I have troubleshooted all the normal suspects but cannot find the reason for the temporary freeze. Any ideas where to go from here???

A:Windows 7 Ultimate Freezes for 2 Minutes

Hmm... Just did an RMA on a Kingston SSD myself. Waiting for the return to be sent now. Read the following and see if it sounds the same or totally different.

In my case I found that the SSD would just disappear from the system. I think it was a controller based issue. I also found this was very selective when it happened. If I installed from DVD Win 7 Ultimate x86 it was fine. If I installed Linux x64 it was fine. If I installed Win 7 Ultimate x64 the install would fail 9 out of 10 tries, or more. Once installed I setup dual boot for Windows and Linux. Under Linux it would BSoD once in a while under load, even less often doing little else than surfing and email. Under Windows it would happen often and at any time but always when under load such as doing a full virus scan.

Searching the internet revealed that this was a known issue that was becoming more common. I emailed the vendor and suggested we test first. After doing a firmware update supplied by the vendor things didn't improve so we did an RMA.

You didn't supply any information other than your running Windows 7 Ultimate on an SSD. Can you please spell things out a little more so that I and others can comment if we have any ideas?

"all the normal suspects" doesn't apply as we don't know what that would cover or your knowledge level.

Examples;

Windows 7 x86 or x64?

Laptop or desktop?

Did you install anything new? Have you looked at your drivers or updated any?

Is it usually after you do something that this occurs? Have you done a chkdsk /f in a while? (Mine started doing it often.)

Have you gone to the vendors site and/or forums and checked if anyone else has had any issues?

When did this start, how long has it been happening, and was it after an update or upgrade/addition?
I hope this starts you off better or points you in the right direction.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/445912/windows-7-ultimate-freezes-for-2-minutes/
Relevancy 58.48%

I'm getting a very strange issue. I can work on my computer for many hours without any issues. But, if I step away for 20 minutes and come back, it's completely frozen and I have to hard reboot. To see if this is a problem with the sleep or hybrrid sleep functions, I disabled them all. Everything is set to NEVER shut off. But the freezing still happens if I walk away. Otherwise, no freezes.

So, what could be causing this freeze? Any idea?

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/44616-windows-10-freezes-if-i-leave-20-minutes.html
Relevancy 58.05%

I have two computers that start fine login is fine the computer runs for seconds - minutes then freezes for - minutes then returns to normal operations and no other anomalies are seen I originally posted under OSs the moderator there moved my problem to quot Am I infected quot where I was instructed to do a number of things and then told to post here http www bleepingcomputer com forums topic html page pid st entry ---------------------------------- Here is my DDS Log DDS Ver - - - NTFSAMD Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by Marv at on - - Microsoft Windows Professional GMT - AV AVG Internet Security Enabled Updated A B -DEE -F A-FBCD-ADB C F SP AVG Internet Security Enabled Updated E A -F D -F D -C D- C DBE F D SP Windows Defender Disabled minutes freezes returns upon after 7 but 7-8 login Windows Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF FW AVG Internet Security Enabled CC - -F -D - E EA B Running Processes C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsa exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgcsrva exe C Windows system wininit exe C Windows Windows 7 freezes upon login but returns after 7-8 minutes system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows 7 freezes upon login but returns after 7-8 minutes Program Files x NVIDIA Corporation D Vision nvSCPAPISvr exe C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files x Common Files EPSON EBAPI eEBSVC exe C Program Files x Common Files ABBYY FineReaderSprint Licensing NetworkLicenseServer exe C Program Files x Common Files Acronis Schedule schedul exe C Program Files x Common Files Adobe ARM armsvc exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgfws exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files x Drobo Drobo Dashboard DDService exe C Program Files EPSON EpsonCustomerParticipation EPCP exe C Program Files Common Files EPSON EPW SSRP E WT RP EXE C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceAndNoImpersonation C Windows SysWow WinFLService exe C Program Files x LogMeIn x LMIGuardianSvc exe C Program Files x LogMeIn x RaMaint exe C Program Files x LogMeIn x LogMeIn exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgnsa exe C Program Files x Common Files Mediafour M LIC EXE C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamscheduler exe C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamservice exe C Windows SysWOW nlssrv exe C Program Files x Common Files Intuit QuickBooks QBCFMonitorService exe C Program Files x AVG AVG avgcsrva exe C Program Files x Common Files Intuit DataProtect QBIDPService exe C Program Files x Photodex ProShowProducer ScsiAccess exe C Program Files x Second Copy ScVssService exe C Program Files Tablet Wacom Wacom Tablet exe C Program Files x Common Files AVG Secure Search vToolbarUpdater ToolbarUpdater exe C Program Files x WinZip System Utilities Suite WINZIPSSDefragSrv exe C Program Files x X-Rite Devices Services xritedeviced exe C Program Files x X-Rite Devices Services ColorMunki ColorMunkiDeviceService exe C Program Files x AVG AVG AVGIDSAgent exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system WUDFHost exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvxdsync exe C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows SYSTEM WISPTIS EXE C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamgui exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files x LogMeIn x LogMeInSystray exe C Program Files x Common Files Acronis Schedule schedhlp exe C Program Files x Second Copy SecCopy exe C Windows SysWOW WinFLTray exe C Program Files x NewSoftware s Folder Lock FLComServCtrl exe C Program Files x ABBYY FineReader Sprint Bonus ScreenshotReader exe C Program Fi... Read more

A:Windows 7 freezes upon login but returns after 7-8 minutes

Hi,Welcome to Bleeping Computer. My name is m0le and I will be helping you with your log.Please subscribe to this topic, if you haven't already. Click the Watch This Topic button at the top on the right.

Please avoid installing/uninstalling or updating any programs and attempting any unsupervised fixes or scans. This can make helping you impossible.

Please reply to this post so I know you are there.The forum is busy and we need to have replies as soon as possible. If I haven't had a reply after 3 days I will bump the topic and if you do not reply by the following day after that then I will close the topic.Once I receive a reply then I will return with your first instructions.Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/470029/windows-7-freezes-upon-login-but-returns-after-7-8-minutes/
Relevancy 58.05%

*posting from safe mode.

After I turn on the computer and the bootup finishes, the computer runs fine for the first few minutes, then it runs really slow and everything crashes. 

It doesn't seem to be the fault of viruses.

Help needed.

A:Windows 7 freezes and runs horribly after a few minutes

Please download Speccy at http://www.piriform.com/speccy/download, and post the results here.
Also please download Minitoolbax here http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/minitoolbox/dl/65/

Checkmark the following checkboxes:  List last 10 Event Viewer log  List Installed Programs  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.

and post those results. This will give us a better look at your system specs and what is being logged for   errors

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/516803/windows-7-freezes-and-runs-horribly-after-a-few-minutes/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi I stumbled across Freezes for randomly Windows a time so 2 at or 10 minutes this forum from Google search while trying to identify a problem with my windows home The windows home bit installation on my laptop freezes for no apparent reason for minutes or so Sometimes this is very frequent like happening every - minutes Sometimes I can work for up to minutes with freezing Basic Information Make Windows 10 Freezes randomly for 2 minutes or so at a time Dell Laptop Inspiron Windows 10 Freezes randomly for 2 minutes or so at a time R with touch screen OS Windows Home bit Single Language Version latest Windows Update Enabled and Installed All Good Windows Store Not functioning but I don't care about that for now Utilities Windows 10 Freezes randomly for 2 minutes or so at a time like calculator is not working but as I mentioned that's not the priority Behaviour Windows freezes not even mouse movement or rotating working pointer Trigger Largely unknown but key events like opening Microsoft Excel Device Manager Starting some programs some time Error seen in Event Viewer Package Microsoft Windows Cortana neutral neutral cw n h txyewy CortanaUI was terminated because it took too long to suspend I upgraded from Windows No device has a red flag in device manager All functionalities seem to working like wireless bluetooth touch screen speakers etc I have Office latest versions Unfortunately when googling around with this error I don't get any hit except this forum The problem mentioned in that thread was a device driver problem and BSOD So far I am lucky to not have any BSOD yet This is a really annoying problem as the freezes are random Sometimes I see a spike in Disk Usage to that causes the freeze sometimes The culprit here seems to be system and compressed memory I have disabled paging completely to help solve this problem a bit The system performance improved drastically after disabling paging I have GB of RAM so don't need paging for majority of my tasks with excel etc I would prefer a warning that RAM exhausted rather than a pathetically slow OS By the way I only play a few games but certain games work fine in compatibility mode with full display so it probably is not a display device driver issue that majority of folks seem to be reporting with Windows Hence I leave now up to experts that could be wrong It is possible that I have some software that is causing this error but safeboot did not help either Thanks in advance folks Regards Rupak

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/599494/windows-10-freezes-randomly-for-2-minutes-or-so-at-a-time/
Relevancy 58.05%

When I start up windows it loads up normally but after about two minutes whatever I up, minutes, then two fine for freezes. starts is Windows am doing freezes and not long after that the task bar freezes too but i can still move Windows starts up, is fine for two minutes, then freezes. my mouse The computer has been like this for two days It has been normal before this happened I just turned on my computer in the morning and it screwed up I did not install any Windows starts up, is fine for two minutes, then freezes. big updates beforehand I have tried -System Restore -Scanning with Microsoft Security Essentials -Scanning with Malwarebytes -Searching through the event logs for a specific problem -Restarting numerous times msconfig seems to be the place that will make it work If I disable all the services and open up steam and chrome it doesn't freeze but there is no sound wifi or brightness I have tried enabling the sound and wifi etc services but I think there are some services that need to be running I've tried playing around with the general tab and the boot tab in msconfig too but nothing happened Please help as I use this laptop for making music and playing games Currently in the middle of hl for the third time and earthbound zero mother on the nes

A:Windows starts up, is fine for two minutes, then freezes.

Quote: Originally Posted by seeami

When I start up windows it loads up normally but after about two minutes whatever I am doing freezes and not long after that the task bar freezes too but i can still move my mouse.
The computer has been like this for two days. It has been normal before this happened. I just turned on my computer in the morning and it screwed up. I did not install any big updates beforehand.

I have tried
-System Restore
-Scanning with Microsoft Security Essentials
-Scanning with Malwarebytes
-Searching through the event logs for a specific problem
-Restarting numerous times

msconfig seems to be the place that will make it work. If I disable all the services and open up steam and chrome it doesn't freeze (but there is no sound, wifi, or brightness)

I have tried enabling the sound and wifi etc services but I think there are some services that need to be running.
I've tried playing around with the general tab and the boot tab in msconfig too but nothing happened.

Please help as I use this laptop for making music and playing games (Currently in the middle of hl2 for the third time and earthbound zero / mother 1 on the nes)

Hi

Remove the recent windows updates and check.

regards
Pankaj

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/250672-windows-starts-up-fine-two-minutes-then-freezes.html
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi,

I have a problem with 2 Windows computers located in 2 separate locations. When I login the computer will run for 1-3 minutes and then freezes for 8-20 minutes. After it returns from it's nap everything runs normally.

I have been told that their is no malware on the computer, see this topic -- http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic470029.html

I could really use some help on this as when I first reported this on the Windows 7 forum about a month ago the freeze was 7-8 minutes, last time I rebooted and logged in it froze for 20 minutes.

Thank you in advance
Marv

A:Windows 7 freezes upon login but returns after 7-20 minutes

Hi Marv -Lets start with a basic Disk Check -Run a Disk Check on your C: drive in Windows :?Click Start and open Computer?Right-click on C: (or your main drive letter) and select Properties?Click on the Tools tab?Under Error-checking click the Check Now... button?Mark the 2 boxes next to Automatically fix file system errors and Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors?Click on the Start button?When the message box pops up, click the Schedule disk check button and >> Restart your computer?Once your computer restarts it will check the drive, don't press any keys so that it is allowed to do soThis should take about 1 hour (on average) to complete the 5 stage scan, and reboot to normal mode once finished -Next go - Start -> Programs > Accessories > and find Command Prompt > Right click on it and select Run as Administrator -Type sfc /scannow and press Enter - No Cd etc will be required for this process on Windows 7 - This will take about 15 minutes -Only do one computer so we can see any results -Thank You -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/471692/windows-7-freezes-upon-login-but-returns-after-7-20-minutes/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi I have the same problem with two computers in two different physical locations After a restart of Windows I login and windows is fine for about - seconds then pretty much everything locks up If I just let the computer sit after about minutes Windows comes login minutes Windows freezes but after upon 7-8 7 returns back to life and works as expected until the next reboot As I mentioned I have the same symptoms on computers at locations The computer motherboards and CPU are different but other than that the computer are basically configured the same with the same software installed on each I notice in the computer logs an error that shows A timeout Windows 7 freezes upon login but returns after 7-8 minutes milliseconds was reached while waiting for a transaction response from the ShellHWDetection service A timeout milliseconds was reached while waiting for a transaction response from the BITS service A timeout milliseconds was reached while waiting for a transaction response from the Appinfo Windows 7 freezes upon login but returns after 7-8 minutes service A timeout milliseconds was reached while waiting for a transaction response from the LanmanServer service From these I deduce that Windows is looking for a Windows 7 freezes upon login but returns after 7-8 minutes piece of hardware and waiting for a response that is what is locking the computer but I have no idea how to find and fix what it is looking for A solution would be appreciated

A:Windows 7 freezes upon login but returns after 7-8 minutes

What "computer logs" reflects the error detail, please?Please download MiniToolBox , save it to your desktop and run it.Checkmark the following checkboxes: List last 10 Event Viewer log List Installed Programs List Users, Partitions and Memory size.Click Go and paste the content into your next post.Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/468225/windows-7-freezes-upon-login-but-returns-after-7-8-minutes/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi,
I bought a Seagate HDD 4 months ago (link), and after 3 months, it started to freeze randomly with clicking sound, similar to the one in this link (Seagate desktop drive with bad heads slowly clicks and beeps on spin up.).

I formated entire HDD and reinstalled the OS, but it didn't help so I sent it to warranty. I took it back yesterday, reinstalled the OS (again), but the problem is still there. The windows freezes every 2,3 minutes for about 10 seconds, then resumes, and everytime it freezes I heard the same old clicking sound from my hard drives.

Would anyone help me? I feel like hitting my head against the wall.

Attached is the logs made with SF Diagnostic Tool, hope it helps.

A:Windows freezes every 2,3 minutes + HDD clicking sound

Hi Amila, welcome to SevenForums,

about the warranty, is it a replacement or repair of your HDD?
if it still under the warranty, i would suggest a replacement for that. there is no good for a new HDD that has clicking sound.
Just make sure you haven't done something that will void the warranty

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/365699-windows-freezes-every-2-3-minutes-hdd-clicking-sound.html
Relevancy 58.05%

i am trying to install windows xp service pack onto my Acer Extensa notebook laptop for the last weeks but seem to fail every time There was an gb hard drive in it already but the windows on that kept freezing at the same point every time at XP 34/35 setup help...Windows Please SP3 minutes hangs/freezes it loaded to a state where i couldnt even move the mouse was working perfectly fine Please help...Windows XP SP3 setup hangs/freezes at 34/35 minutes before So i decided to install a brand new gb hard drive so i can store more of my work in it Once installed i inserted the windows xp sp disk and formatted the hard drive to ntfs quick and then the files started to copy once that was done it restarted and the actual installation part started it went from minutes down to minutes and froze on the installing devices part i thought it was a common error so i restarted the setup this time it went to minutes and froze i restarted setup again and it went all the way down to minutes and froze i restarted the setup one more time and it got stuck on minutes again for the rest of the day most of the times it would get stuck on minutes and either froze or restarted the laptop for no reason Only once it went down to minutes and froze only out of tries went past the install devices section In the setupapi log file it always said a different inf file was causing a problem each time i restarted the setup i think one of them was a cpu inf file and another was to do with the audio i didnt bother deleting the cpu inf one because i found out that it was the drivers for the cpu and was an important system file for the setup Inserted windows vista install disk and started the setup it gets stuck at the green bar after the quot windows is loading files quot bit this happened with all of the vista install disks i have and also same thing happened with the recovery disk provided with the laptop also vista Inserted windows install disk and started the setup and it got stuck at quot expanding windows files quot at When i restarted and tried the setup again it hanged at the quot Starting Windows quot screen with the logo On trying a third time it got stuck at also at quot expanding windows files quot All the windows install disks are genuine No copies Full Specifications are Intel Core Duo Processor T bit ghz mhz FSB mb L Cache quot WXGA Acer CrystalBrite LCD ms Intel Graphics Media Accelerator DVD - RW drive gb Fujitsu Hard Drive SATA gb DDR RAM x mb sticks Built in a b g wireless Lan someone please help me out really need to get coursework done this holiday and hate going local library as i only get one hour max there to use a computer yes i shouldnt have decided to do it at the last minute i learnt my lesson your help will be much appreciated and will remember you always as the one who helped fix my laptop nbsp

A:Please help...Windows XP SP3 setup hangs/freezes at 34/35 minutes

The options i have in bios are...

Page 1 (Information) shows information about the notebook, cpu type, cpy speed, hdd model name, hdd serial number, atapi serial number, BIOS version, VGA BIOS version, serial number, Asset Tag Number, Product Name, Manufacturer Name, UUID Number.

None of these values can be changed.

Page 2 (Main) shows System Time, System Date, System Memory (640kb), Extended Memory (1023mb), Video Memory (64mb), Quiet Boot (Disabled), Power on display (Auto), Network Boot (Disabled), F12 Boot Menu (Enabled), D2D Recovery (Disabled).

System Time and Date have been checked twice and are correct. System Memory and Extended Memory can not be changed. Video Memory can be changed to 128mb or MaxDVMT. Quiet Boot can be enabled. Power on display can be changed to "Both". Network Boot can be enabled. F12 boot menu can be disabled. D2D Recovery can be enabled.

Page 3 (Advanced) shows Infrared and i have it Disabled. I can not enable it, the sub menu does not open.

Page 4 (Security) shows Supervisor Password, User Password and HDD Password are all clear. I can add a supervisor password or HDD password, but not a user password.

Page 5 (Boot) shows the boot order which is in this order: HDD, DVD, USB FDD, Network Boot, USB HDD, USB Key, USB CDROM.

Page 6 (Exit) allows me to exit saving changes, exit discharging changes, load setup defaults, discard change or save changes.
Are there any values i should change?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/please-help-windows-xp-sp3-setup-hangs-freezes-at-34-35-minutes.944060/
Relevancy 58.05%

i am trying to install windows xp service pack onto my Acer Extensa notebook laptop for the last weeks but seem to fail every time There was an gb hard drive in it at help...Windows 34/35 minutes XP hangs/freezes setup Please SP3 already but the windows on Please help...Windows XP SP3 setup hangs/freezes at 34/35 minutes that kept freezing at the same point every time it loaded to a state where i couldnt even move the mouse was working perfectly fine before So i decided to install a brand new gb hard drive so i can store more of my work in it Once installed i inserted the windows xp sp disk and formatted the hard drive to ntfs quick and then the files started to copy once that was done it restarted and the actual installation part started it went from minutes down to minutes and Please help...Windows XP SP3 setup hangs/freezes at 34/35 minutes froze on the installing devices part i thought it was a common error so i restarted the setup this time it went to minutes and froze i restarted setup again and it went all the way down to minutes and froze i restarted the setup one more time and it got stuck on minutes again for the rest of the day most of the times it would get stuck on minutes and either froze or restarted the laptop for no reason Only once it went down to minutes and froze only out of tries went past the install devices section In the setupapi log file it always said a different inf file was causing a problem each time i restarted the setup i think one of them was a cpu inf file and another was to do with the audio i didnt bother deleting the cpu inf one because i found out that it was the drivers for the cpu and was an important system file for the setup Inserted windows vista install disk and started the setup it gets stuck at the green bar after the quot windows is loading files quot bit this happened with all of the vista install disks i have and also same thing happened with the recovery disk provided with the laptop also vista Inserted windows install disk and started the setup and it got stuck at quot expanding windows files quot at When i restarted and tried the setup again it hanged at the quot Starting Windows quot screen with the logo On trying a third time it got stuck at also at quot expanding windows files quot All the windows install disks are genuine No copies Full Specifications are Intel Core Duo Processor T bit ghz mhz FSB mb L Cache quot WXGA Acer CrystalBrite LCD ms Intel Graphics Media Accelerator DVD - RW drive gb Fujitsu Hard Drive SATA gb DDR RAM x mb sticks Built in a b g wireless Lan someone please help me out really need to get coursework done this holiday and hate going local library as i only get one hour max there to use a computer yes i shouldnt have decided to do it at the last minute i learnt my lesson your help will be much appreciated and will remember you always as the one who helped fix my laptop nbsp

A:Please help...Windows XP SP3 setup hangs/freezes at 34/35 minutes

The options i have in bios are...

Page 1 (Information) shows information about the notebook, cpu type, cpy speed, hdd model name, hdd serial number, atapi serial number, BIOS version, VGA BIOS version, serial number, Asset Tag Number, Product Name, Manufacturer Name, UUID Number.

None of these values can be changed.

Page 2 (Main) shows System Time, System Date, System Memory (640kb), Extended Memory (1023mb), Video Memory (64mb), Quiet Boot (Disabled), Power on display (Auto), Network Boot (Disabled), F12 Boot Menu (Enabled), D2D Recovery (Disabled).

System Time and Date have been checked twice and are correct. System Memory and Extended Memory can not be changed. Video Memory can be changed to 128mb or MaxDVMT. Quiet Boot can be enabled. Power on display can be changed to "Both". Network Boot can be enabled. F12 boot menu can be disabled. D2D Recovery can be enabled.

Page 3 (Advanced) shows Infrared and i have it Disabled. I can not enable it, the sub menu does not open.

Page 4 (Security) shows Supervisor Password, User Password and HDD Password are all clear. I can add a supervisor password or HDD password, but not a user password.

Page 5 (Boot) shows the boot order which is in this order: HDD, DVD, USB FDD, Network Boot, USB HDD, USB Key, USB CDROM.

Page 6 (Exit) allows me to exit saving changes, exit discharging changes, load setup defaults, discard change or save changes.

Are there any values i should change?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/please-help-windows-xp-sp3-setup-hangs-freezes-at-34-35-minutes.151900/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hi Keypad and Touchpad freezes as soon asWindows boots up and the login window appears DELL Latitude D Pentium M Win XP SP Keyboard inactivating virus touchpad virus malware Symptoms The Numlock keep glowing but as and soon and Keypad as login window freezes appears Touchpad the up boots Windows no use if you use Fn key or press Numlock key or make changes in the setting for Numlock key activation inactivation Touchpad freezes only if you touch keypad to enter the password to Keypad and Touchpad freezes as soon as Windows boots up and the login window appears login Removing the battery has no effect Can go to safemode but same problem will persist Installed another copy of Windows on another drive it works well keypad and touch pad works Replaced the keyboard drivers of the original installation but no use Used Avira Kaspersky Avast engines to check virus and spyware but no use Used super anti spyware to remove spywares no use Used CCleaner to wipe the entire computer no use An external USB mouse keyboard no use I made an internet search for similar complaints and exactly same complaints and I found several of them posted in several forums but nobody has yet posted a working solution to my knowledge Please tell me how can I restore correct repair the first Windows installation I need the fist installation because it holds several softwares and other rare utilities What is the possible problem I am writing this from the second installation Please HELP Sanal MG email protected nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keypad-and-touchpad-freezes-as-soon-as-windows-boots-up-and-the-login-window-appears.773090/
Relevancy 57.62%

I have a desktop Hp that has not been used for a while. I recently found out why. The computer boots up just fine, internet connects and whatnot. I am able to use any program and everything is good, for about 5 minutes. Then it immediately blue screens, because of this I am not able to run any sort of program to attempt to fix it and im not even sure what kind of computer it is. Here is what I know

? OS - Windows 8.1, 8, 7 or Vista? ? x86 (32-bit) or x64 ? (Unknown) ? What was the original installed OS on the system? (Windows 7) ? Is the OS an OEM version (came pre-installed on system) or full retail version (YOU purchased it from retailer)? (Windows 7 ? Approximate age of system (hardware) (5 Years) ? Approximate age of OS installation (if you know) (Unknown) ? Have you re-installed the OS? (Yes, I performed a factory reset a few months ago Desktop

A:Boots up, 5 minutes, BSOD

Edit: Here is what I've found out about the computer:

HP p62161
AMD Athlon II X2 215 processor 2.70 GHZ
64 Bit
8 GB RAM
Windows 7 Home Premium

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/boots-up-5-minutes-bsod-1021506.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hello, I have an Emachines E627 laptop. Last night I was doing some school work on my laptop, but then my laptop freezes, gets the blue screen of death and turns off. I then turned it back on, and the Window's screen pops up, quickly goes to startup repair and then it does the repair thing. After about 5 minutes into it, it freezes for about 10 min, then says: "Your computer will now turn off". So, it turns off, I turn in back on again, it goes to the windows start up screen, and does the same process over again! Please help. I'm not an expert at doing these kinds of things.

A:Windows 7 Startup Repair freezes for 10 minutes then doesn't fix PC?

I would Check the hard drive with the manufacturer's diagnostic tools.
Hard Drive Diagnostics Tools and Utilities (Storage) - TACKtech Corp.
HD Diagnostic

Check your ram.
Memory Diagnostics Tool
Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

Information
We always assume you have made your Recovery Disks using the OEM manufacturer's Recovery Media Creator app the first day you had your new PC.
& made the Startup Repair CD.
startup repair disc-create

Did you make the OEM manufacturer's Recovery Disks?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/187597-windows-7-startup-repair-freezes-10-minutes-then-doesnt-fix-pc.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Ok, so this little issue started yesterday.
At first I noticed it using my srware iron (chromium) browser.
Here's how it goes. I'm surfing, nothing happens and every now and then sites freeze during the connection.
My browser and every tab individually shows that everything is working, no app freeze, explorer, system - just nothing happens.
About a minute later everything starts to just pop-in and run.
What I noticed later sometimes other actions i perform In System does the same - the action starts (f.e. opening a folder) and nothing happens, just loading.
Minute is up and every action pops in and executes.
Spybot and AVG scans done.
I could post HijackThis but the AmIInfected says i shouldn't.
Help me resolve this absurd.

A:Connection/Action freezes every couple of minutes Windows 7

Hi Biliskner, to Bleeping Computer.My name is Jason and I'll be helping you with your computer problems. You can call me by my screename jntkwx or Jason is fine.Some things to remember while we are working together.Do not run any other tool untill instructed to do so!Please do not attach logs or put logs in code boxes.Tell me about any problems that have occurred during the fix.Tell me of any other symptoms you may be having as these can also help.Do not run anything while running a fix.If you don't understand a step, please ask for clarification before continuing with any future steps.Click on the Watch Topic button and select Immediate Notification and click on proceed, this will help you to get notified faster when I have replied and make the cleaning process faster.Note to others: The instructions here are intended for the person who began this topic. If you need help, please create your own topic in the appropriate forum.  Download rkill from one of the following downloads (if you are unable to download or run rkill from one download, move to the next one.)1. http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/grinler/rkill.com2. http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/grinler/rkill.pif3. http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/grinler/rkill.scr4. http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/grinler/eXplorer.exe5. http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/grinler/iExplore.exe6. http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/grinler/uSeRiNiT.exe7. http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/grinler/WiNlOgOn.exe8. http://www.boredomsoft.org/hosted/rkill.exe9. http://www.boredomsoft.org/hosted/rkill.com10. http://www.boredomsoft.org/hosted/rkill.scr11. http://www.boredomsoft.org/hosted/eXplorer.exe12. http://www.boredomsoft.org/hosted/iExplore.exePlease be patient while Rkill looks for various malware programs and ends them. When it has finished, the black window will automatically close and you can continue with the next step. If it appears like Rkill did not stop the malware from running, please try running RKill again until the malware is no longer running. Do not reboot your computer after running RKill as the malware programs will start again! Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList last 10 Event Viewer Log ErrorsList Installed ProgramsList Users, Partitions and Memory sizeClick Go . Please put code boxes around just this entire log, like this, but without the letter x: [xcode] MiniToolBox log [/xcode] Please download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware and save it to your desktop.Download Link 1Download Link 2MBAM may "make changes to your registry" as part of its disinfection routine. If using other security programs that detect registry changes (ie Spybot's Teatimer), they may interfere or alert you. Temporarily disable such programs or permit them to allow the changes.Make sure you are connected to the Internet.Double-click on mbam-setup.exe to install the application.
For instructions with screenshots, please refer to the How to use Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware Guide.When the installation begins, follow the prompts and do not make any changes to default settings.When installation has finished, make sure you leave both of these checked:Update Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareLaunch Malwarebytes' Anti-MalwareThen click Finish.MBAM will automatically start and you will be asked to update the program before performing a scan.If an update is found, the program will automatically update itself. Press the OK button to close that box and continue.If you encounter any problems while downloading the definition updates, manually download them from here and just double-click on mbam-rules.exe to install.On the Scanner tab:Make sure the "Perform Quick Scan" option is selected.Then click on the Scan button.If asked to select the drives to scan, leave all the drives selected and click on the Start Scan button. The scan wil... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/420447/connectionaction-freezes-every-couple-of-minutes-windows-7/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi,
My parent's computer is acting up. I can't remember the full specs but it is running Windows 7 Home Premium 32 bit on a 3.2 GHz processor with 8GB RAM. It runs smoothly after startup for about 10 minutes but then begins to violently lag. A few minutes later it completely seizes up (the mouse moves around the screen fine but no clicks or keyboard input are registered). The only way to fix it is to hold down the power button to force a shut down.

I have run AVG (the paid version) which picked up a couple of issues and dealt with them but the issue remained. I ran Malwarebytes which also picked up a couple but didn't fix anything. The computer works great in safe mode, absolutely no lag or anything.

What could be wrong? These two anti-malware programs aren't picking up anything. Is it time to erase the hard drive and reinstall Windows?

A:Solved: Windows 7 violently lags then freezes after 10 minutes

My parent's computer is acting up. I can't remember the full specs but it is running Windows 7 Home Premium 32 bit on a 3.2 GHz processor with 8GB RAM. Click to expand...

Do the following with your parents' computer.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Download and save the

TSG System Information Utility (SysInfo.exe)

After it's been downloaded and saved, double-click it to run it.

Information about your computer will appear.

Return here to your thread, then copy-and-paste the ENTIRE text here.

Go here, then click the large blue "Download Now @ Bleeping Computer" button to download and save AdwCleaner.exe to your desktop.

Close all open windows first, then double-click AdwCleaner.exe to load its main window.

Click the "Scan" button, then allow the scanning process to finish.

Click the "Report" button.

When the log appears, save it.

Return here to your thread, then copy-and-paste the ENTIRE log here.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-windows-7-violently-lags-then-freezes-after-10-minutes.1128155/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hello I've been using my Dell Inspiron R for around months ago and it's a fantastic laptop I mainly use it working minutes startup, after freezes 5 around After completely of 7 Windows for videogames music and movies TV shows and it has ran flawlessly thus far Starting yesterday however problems began to occur I could boot the laptop up as per usual and access the Internet play games watch movies etc but after around minutes everything would suddenly become unresponsive Both my mouse and trackpad wouldn't allow me to click at all I could however move the mouse around the screen After around 5 minutes of working after startup, Windows 7 completely freezes completely fine The keyboard would also not work - I tried opening the task manager via Ctrl Alt Del as well as closing windows with Alt F or trying to shutdown via the Windows key and nothing would work Instead the cursor would change to the quot loading After around 5 minutes of working after startup, Windows 7 completely freezes quot symbol and it would pretty much just do nothing The first time this happened I was browsing the Internet and it just got stuck on quot Waiting for Cache quot or something to that likeliness I then noticed the rotating circle that shows a page loading had also halted and was then forced to reboot manually as I couldn't even click the Windows button Another test I tried was watching a downloaded video - it literally just stopped playing around minutes in The screen just halted on a single frame even though the pause button hadn't been pressed - trying to click anything didn't work as usual I tried rebooting it multiple times I was sadly forced to use the power button and it began to repeat every single time It would work for a few minutes before completely freezing minus the ability to pointlessly move the mouse around the screen Occasionally a window would pop up above the task bar saying that the quot Microsoft Windows application has become unresponsive quot Sometimes the taskbar would then disappear and the laptop would shut itself down but the end result was always the same I found that the same problem did not occur when booting in Safe Mode with Networking however there was some noticeable slowdown I downloaded and used many anti-viruses malware to scan my machine and I'm almost positive that there is nothing of the such on the computer although in all fairness the scans were running so slowly I could only make it to about on each before giving up Other solutions I've tried included Manually ending high memory usage tasks via the manager Using CCleaner to fix my registry in Safe Mode Left the laptop off overnight in a hope it would just fix itself Unplugged everything from the ports of the laptop Rebooted via the Restart Shutdown and power buttons I'm pretty sure I've tried other stuff as well but I'm pretty limited in the fact that I can only use the laptop for a few minutes before it decides to stop working I really need the laptop for my University studies and I'd absolutely be in love if one of you guys could help me solve my problem Thanks in advance -Jordan

A:After around 5 minutes of working after startup, Windows 7 completely freezes

Have you tried a disk check with both boxes checked to check your hard disk drive for errors?

The disk check will be scheduled to run outside Windows, so the freezing problems should not be an issue. You may want to run it and go watch a movie or before bed since it can take a few hours to finish. Even if it appears to be stuck, please leave it for a few hours to make sure it really froze. Interrupting a disk check can have dire consequences.

I do not recommend running registry cleaning programs. They tend to strip away parts of the operating system registry as well as program file registry entries that can damage Windows and the programs that runs on it. How long have you been running ccleaner's registry cleaning tool?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/after-around-5-minutes-of-working-after-startup-windows-7-completely-freezes-676172.html
Relevancy 57.62%

Hello I ve been using my Dell Inspiron R for around months ago and it s a after 5 Windows freezes of After completely around startup, working 7 minutes fantastic laptop I mainly use it for After around 5 minutes of working after startup, Windows 7 completely freezes videogames music and movies TV shows and it has ran flawlessly thus far Starting yesterday however problems began to occur I could boot the laptop up as per usual and access the Internet play games watch movies etc but after around minutes everything would suddenly become unresponsive Both my mouse and trackpad wouldn t allow me to click at all I could however move the mouse around the screen completely fine The keyboard would also not work - I tried opening the task manager via Ctrl Alt Del as well as closing windows with Alt F or trying to shutdown via the Windows key and nothing would work Instead the cursor would change to the quot loading quot symbol and it would pretty much just do nothing The first time this happened I was browsing the Internet and it just got stuck on quot Waiting for Cache quot or something to that likeliness I then noticed the rotating circle that shows a page loading had also halted and was then forced to reboot manually as I couldn t even click the Windows button Another test I tried was watching a downloaded video - it literally just stopped playing around minutes in The screen just halted on a single frame even though the pause button hadn t been pressed - trying to click anything didn t work as usual I tried rebooting it multiple times I was sadly forced to use the power button and it began to repeat every single time It would work for a few minutes before completely freezing minus the ability to pointlessly move the mouse around the screen Occasionally a window would pop up above the task bar saying that the quot Microsoft Windows application has become unresponsive quot Sometimes the taskbar would then disappear and the laptop would shut itself down but the end result was always the same I found that the same problem did not occur when booting in Safe Mode with Networking however there was some noticeable slowdown I downloaded and used many anti-viruses malware to scan my machine and I m almost positive that there is nothing of the such on the computer although in all fairness the scans were running so slowly I could only make it to about on each before giving up Other solutions I ve tried included Manually ending high memory usage tasks via the manager Using CCleaner to fix my registry in Safe Mode Left the laptop off overnight in a hope it would just fix itself Unplugged everything from the ports of the laptop Rebooted via the Restart Shutdown and power buttons I m pretty sure I ve tried other stuff as well but I m pretty limited in the fact that I can only use the laptop for a few minutes before it decides to stop working I really need the laptop for my University studies and I d absolutely be in love if one of you guys could help me solve my problem Thanks in advance -Jordan nbsp

A:After around 5 minutes of working after startup, Windows 7 completely freezes

[Using CCleaner to fix my registry in Safe Mode]

leave the registry alone it looks after itself 99.999% of the time

run dell diagnostics

you should be able to run a non destructive reinstall if necessary

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/after-around-5-minutes-of-working-after-startup-windows-7-completely-freezes.1077191/
Relevancy 57.62%

I ThAs title suggest win freezes minutes after start up..

A little about my machine;

I have too big of a power supply so this has created
a lot of dust inside the machine. And this problem
Makes the machine to hot inside. (changed thermal heat compound
3 times last 3months)

In the past when the thermal heat compound has
Started to be faulty the computer has just shout down
This problem is different.

Last day the machine froze for the first time...I thought
It most likely where a virus. So I decided to replace the hard drive
And make a fresh install of Windows 7 after about 4 h of use it froze again.
I'm thinking this is hardware related? Please help

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-freezes-minutes-after-login-hardware-error.1091341/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi all,

After I started having problems, I posted something on the 'am i infected board'.  I ran through some tests, etc. with them and am still having issues.  They said you may be able to help.

Refer to original posts here for prior logs, etc.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/504861/think-my-win7-machine-is-infected/#entry3142437

I'll run the other tool recommended on that link tonight,  but would like to know what other tests I need to run as well.

Thanks!

A:Windows freezes 5 minutes after starting in normal mode

Just follow these instructions.  These are not tests of any sort, just data summaries that give us more current info about your system...they save a lot of time and questions.

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.

Checkmark the following checkboxes:
  List last 10 Event Viewer log
  List Installed Programs
  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.

Click Go and paste the content into your next post.

Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/506114/windows-freezes-5-minutes-after-starting-in-normal-mode/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hello,

I have noticed today that after a few minutes of idle time my laptop completely freezes, no ctrl+alt+delete and I have to manually power it down.

I have even seen this when i reboot my computer and don't enter my password at the login screen for a few minutes.

The hard drive LED keeps glowing.

The only change I did was run windows update. The Perfmon file and the BSOD Diagnostic tool report are both attached with this mail.

Would appreciate any help am at my wit's end. Unfortunately System Restore was disabled too so I can't even rollback.

A:Windows 7 Freezes after few minutes of idle (Dell E6410)

Unfortunately your zip doesn't contain the necessary dump files but it does contain everything else, s please do the following below in quote.

Quote:
We do need the DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.

You may be able to get the DMP files without crashing by booting into safe mode (F8) with networking.

To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.

The procedure:

* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
*If the files are too large please upload them to a file sharing service like "Rapidshare" and put a link to them in your reply.
To ensure minidumps are enabled:

* Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
* Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
* Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
* Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
* Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
* OK your way out.
* Reboot if changes have been made.

Thanks Seth

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/186668-windows-7-freezes-after-few-minutes-idle-dell-e6410.html
Relevancy 57.62%

As title suggest win freezes minutes after start up..

A little about my machine;

I have too big of a power supply so this has created a lot of dust inside the machine. And this problem Makes the machine to hot inside. (changed thermal heat compound 3 times last 3months)

In the past when the thermal heat compound has Started to be faulty the computer has just shout down This problem is different.

Last day the machine froze for the first time...I thought It most likely where a virus. So I decided to replace the hard drive And make a fresh install of Windows 7 after about 4 h of use it froze again. I'm thinking this is hardware related? Please help

Relevancy 57.19%

hello hope somebody could help me on this, when i turn on my notebook it beeps continuously for 2 minutes about 250 beeps before it finally boots. out of curiosity i changed the memory with the same one but nothing changed. i removed and reinserted the hardisk too. but aside from that continuously beeping when turning the unit on there is no other problem my notebook runs fast and smooth as ever. no hangs, no error messages, no blue screens or whatsoever. by the way my notebook is an acer emachines eM350. intel atom n450, 1gb memory, 160gb hdd, 6 cell batt. thanks in advance...

A:continious beeping for 2 minutes before it boots

Normally I would look up the BIOS beep codes for that particular model to see what it could mean, but in your case it's not a documented BIOS beep code. There is no BIOS beep code that repeats 250 times! Couple this with the fact that your notebook "runs fast and smooth as ever" and I can only think that it's developed a mysterious fault which apparently doesn't affect performance.

That doesn't help you much I know, but with no BSODS and (evidently) no failed hardware I just have no idea where to start troubleshooting it.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/continious-beeping-for-2-minutes-before-it-boots.1057052/
Relevancy 56.76%

I own an E-Machines with Windows Vista Basic edition I have GB of ram and GB of hard drive I can t remember exactly when the problem started but my computer is only months old so it has not been that long ago Basically usually after a period of idle and even sometimes while I am surfing the web my computer will quot freeze up quot I cannot open up 30 freezes minutes idle Vista after up period about Windows Basic for Mozilla or such programs Windows Vista Basic freezes up for about 30 minutes after idle period as CCleaner I get an error message that states quot Windows cannot access the specified device path or file You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item Windows Vista Basic freezes up for about 30 minutes after idle period quot When I hit CTR ALT DELETE I get a message that states quot Failure Security options quot The Zune software seems to be the only program that opens up Almost everything else gives me an error message or does nothing at all I can restart my computer or shut it down It just stays in it s current state for about minutes then everything usually comes back to normal I can t restart it or log off nor can I properly shut it down My mouse scrolls fine and I don t get that what we used to call an hour glass icon like others on these forums I have searched but I could not find a problem that resembles mine On a side note I have AVG Free and Zone Alarm Pro I run my anti-virus every night and I reguraly update everything including Windows I am very safety conscious and I don t download much or go to harmful sites Your help will be greatly appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 56.33%

HI all,

Could use some help on this one. I rebooted my daughter's pc recently and now it takes like 10 minutes to boot up.

Once I log in it seems to work fine.

Have run several virus / spyware scanners and have the xp firewall on.

What could cause this all of a sudden?

Matt

A:XP boots really slow, like 10 minutes... then works fine

start - run type msconfig and see what starts with your system and post it back

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-boots-really-slow-like-10-minutes-then-works-fine-72278.html
Relevancy 56.33%

About six months ago my machine started giving me a on ok? boots then Screen Black for 3 minutes, up boot black screen during the boot up process As soon as I turn it on I see the manufacturers logo dell for about second then it gives me a black screen with a flashing white Black Screen on boot up for 3 minutes, then boots ok? cursor in the upper left hand corner This screen last about - minutes then it boots windows XP normally Last week I was in the room while it was booting and I noticed that it was accessing the network during the black screen portion of boot up activity light on cable modem was flashing alot which got me motivated to fix it not sure what that means I ran virus scanners McAfee which found nothing but I did check the log file in my scanner which shows that my auto virus screening is diabled everytime I boot the machine Checked partitions on the hard drive found - my c and an unnamed partition of about megs I dont remember putting a second partitions on there - would the manufacturer put that there to use as a virtual memory Deleted all partitions and reformated the hard drive yesterday and reloaded XP but that still didn t solve it Loaded and booted the Windows Recovery Console and ran the FIXMBR command twice both times I get the message that quot It appears your MBR is corrupted quot or something like that but it doesn t fix it Do I have some sort of virus in the MBR that my virus software McAffee was up to date before my reformating never caught or is this a hardware issue- something on the hard drive or mobo going bad I m reloading some of the drivers tongiht will reload McAffee and run it in safe mode to see if it can detect anything nbsp

Relevancy 56.33%

So here's my dilemma and I know I've never heard of this happening before I have internal drives in my tower those being C main drive obviously and F F was being a bit skittish so PC becomes normal boots minutes few a fine, down, slows after up I decided to run chkdsk which fixed a few minor errors then moved on to PC boots up fine, slows down, becomes normal after a few minutes booting into windows Once it got into Windows it loaded up the few startup items I have like Kaspersky Anti Virus Steam default manager and USB monitor No more than items Everything seemed fine and apparently booted up correctly When I attempted to open a program it didn't open for quite a bit of time and I couldn't open anything for a few minutes Once the program finally opened the PC started acting normally I've run a full scan with KAV and did sfc scannow to check integrity of the files and even did a chkdsk on C which showed zero errors No program I used to check the drive showed anything out of the ordinary This just seems like the oddest thing to me I've heard of PC's slowing down after operating normal in fact I had this problem last week when I would close out of Steam which has recently been updated My Microsoft Windows Professional -bit SP is up to date and my Nvidia GeForce GT videocard is also up to date It's not the most horrible of situations having to wait or so minutes to start using my PC after Windows boots up but this is more a matter of curiosity If someone has any ideas how to alleviate this problem I'd be most gratified Here's my specs via Speccy Operating System Microsoft Windows Professional -bit SP CPU AMD Phenom II X T Thuban nm Technology RAM GB Dual-Channel DDR MHz - - - Motherboard FOXCONN AB CPU Graphics VX Series x Hz MB GeForce GTS nVidia Hard Drives GB Western Digital WDC WD EARS- MVWB SATA Disk Device SATA GB Western Digital WDC WD FASS- W B SATA Disk Device SATA Optical Drives hp DVD A DH ABLH SATA CdRom Device Audio Realtek High Definition Audio Much thanks

A:PC boots up fine, slows down, becomes normal after a few minutes

Hello Anthony and welcome to Seven Forums.

I think I'd do a clean startup (AKA clean boot) because it sure sounds like something might be causing a conflict at startup (like perhaps an anti-virus scan, defrag, etc.)

Troubleshoot Application Conflicts by Performing a Clean Startup

And you could open Task Manager > Resource Monitor to see if there's something hogging your CPU.

Resource Monitor

And one of the Forum experts has this troubleshooting guide with more suggestion.

Troubleshooting Steps for Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/270267-pc-boots-up-fine-slows-down-becomes-normal-after-few-minutes.html
Relevancy 56.33%

After shutting down my Tecra R850-117 it will automatically restart after exactly 5 minutes.

This is unwanted behavior because it drains the battery while I'm not using the laptop and it could also damage the disk carrying it around while running...

Anyone knows what could cause this behavior and how I can stop it? The laptop is 6 months old and I'm only noticing this behavior since the last few weeks. I already noticed the battery would be drained after not using it for a few days (probably due to the same issue?), but never before noticed the unwanted restarts...

Thanks a lot in advance for any useful advice.

Erik.

A:Tecra R850-117 boots up 5 minutes after power down

Hi

Did you disable the WakeUp options in BIOS?
Check this!
The enabled *WakeUp* options could power on the notebook even if the unit is powered off.

https://forum.toshiba.eu/showthread.php?65145-Tecra-R850-117-boots-up-5-minutes-after-power-down
Relevancy 56.33%

So, my laptop which has the 64-bit version of vista, freezes up after a few minutes of start up. Then the screen/display messes up and there are bars of colors everywhere. It might just be the display issue that's causing the freezing, but I'm really unsure. I might be able to post a picture of what's wrong, but I can't seem to find my camera atm.

Edit: My laptop's an HP Pavillion, I have Avast! and Commodo installed for protection, and my graphic card's an ATI Radeion (I can't remember what type, sorry.)

A:Windows Vista freezes up after a few minutes of start up, and then the screen/display messes up

I'm currently facing three chronic Vista problems, so I decided to combine them into one thread.

1. System Restore gives me an incorrect parameter error when I launch it, when I click OK (the only option, it quits). I don't know the exact error message.

2. Windows update gives me error 8007002 when I go and check for updates; all my update history has also been wiped. (The check runs for a while, then stops and gives me 8007002.

3. My internet stops working after resuming from sleep.

Vista Ultimate 32-bit SP2z

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/274804/windows-vista-freezes-up-after-a-few-minutes-of-start-up-and-then-the-screendisplay-messes-up/
Relevancy 55.9%

This problem has been persisting for a few weeks I did a fresh re-install of windows genuine and it is still happening so I thought I would ask for help When I first turn my desktop on everyday within minutes of starting up it freezes no mouse or keyboard response sometimes before 5 mouse within freezes startup, minutes on freezes restart Computer on I even have a chance to login I have tried unplugging and plugging them back in to no avail If there is anything animated like a game on my screen at the time of the freeze it will also be frozen I have also tried waiting to see if it will unfreeze even after hour there is no change Fans are still spinning and all lights in tower and on headset keyboard mouse are Computer freezes within 5 minutes on startup, mouse freezes on restart operational So after the initial freeze I restart the computer and every single time within minutes of starting up again the mouse will freeze But only the mouse keyboard and programs on screen are still Computer freezes within 5 minutes on startup, mouse freezes on restart operational This is easily fixed by unplugging it Computer freezes within 5 minutes on startup, mouse freezes on restart and plugging it back in Then the computer is good to go for the rest of the day At first I thought it was a problem with my mouse Steel Series Sensei Raw so I swapped it out Logitech G and uninstall the Steel Series software with Revo uninstaller but even after that the problem persists and that was before I did a fresh re-install of Win Enabled Startup programs nbsp Avast AntivirusNvidia BackendNvdidia Capture Server ProxyRealtek HD Audio ManagerusbmonitorI have attached my Dxdiag file as well Thank you in advance nbsp

A:Computer freezes within 5 minutes on startup, mouse freezes on restart

Did you remember to re-install ALL proper Win8 drivers after the clean install ? ?Neither of those NVidia apps need to be in the stsrtup group BTW though thats likely not the issue...

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,151919.0.html
Relevancy 55.9%

So I press the power button on my desktop. Powers up fans kick on and run high on processor and Video card for about 5 minutes. The power button does not light. After about 5 minutes the power button lights shows the gateway splash screen and then boots into windows. if you leave the computer run for a while (few hours) and you shut it down and boot it back up its fine. If you leave it off over night it shows the symptoms explained above.

A:Desktop boots blank -- Gateway doesn't even come up for five minutes

Replace the power supply...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/desktop-boots-blank-gateway-doesnt-even-come-up-for-five-minutes.185825/
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi all I have a Dell XPS L X laptop-Core i with a Kingston HyperX Boots few fast seems but minutes networking for lock to usability a up K SSD installed in it The operating system is Windows Ultimate I did a clean installation of Windows when installing my SSD by following a guide quot Sean's Windows Install amp Optimization Guide for SSD quot and everything worked perfectly and was very fast It used to boot up and open all applications and make all network connections within - seconds and from then the computer was fully functional However lately I have been having an issue immediately after the boot process hits the desktop The applications I have always had starting up start up in Boots fast but networking seems to lock up usability for a few minutes the same amount of time but the wireless networking seems to be causing an issue It may not be the culprit but it is what I notice to be different The wireless icon with have the signal bars with the blue circle over them as if it would be connecting to a network The blue circle does not move as it usually does though If I click the icon nothing happens If I right click the icon the options won't open up unless I repeatedly try to right click it After a minute or two it seems like Boots fast but networking seems to lock up usability for a few minutes something happens all at once and everything I was trying to do earlier happens and a connections is established While the icon and wireless issue is occurring I am unable to open any applications If I click the google chrome icon it will act as if it will load and then just go away When I click it again the same thing However when the wireless thing finally responds both of the chrome windows open from earlier I have disabled various startup items in an attempt to find the issue and haven't found a culprit I have also uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers for the wireless and ethernet card To no avail Malware virus rootkit scans all show no threats either I'm at a loss I am posting a video that shows my issue It happens at every boot If you could provide some help that would be greatly appreciated Thanks so much Startup Freeze - YouTube

A:Boots fast but networking seems to lock up usability for a few minutes

What ever program was opening up before you even had a connection is most likely causing the problem..

You need to turn off all those start up programs, no two ways about it. Do not allow anything to start up when you start Windows. It's delaying your wireless from making a connection.

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/279001-boots-fast-but-networking-seems-lock-up-usability-few-minutes.html
Relevancy 54.18%

Hello and thank you in advance for any help you might be able to give me I am reasonably competent computer user and should be able to understand what you need me to do I am experiencing this problem in all browsers Firefox IE and Chrome The problem started happening in the last few days about the same time my son came to stay with me for the week computer Browser after few minutes, then a freezes freezes Hmmm After surfing for - minutes the browser will cease to load pages and then computer will stop responding Functionality to many computer programs will cease to work shut down and restart do not respond and a hard reboot is necessary DSL is still available to online game if it was already running Browser freezes after a few minutes, then computer freezes though I am sure my son or I went somewhere stupid and caught something but I don't know what AVG and zone alarm were running on the computer I have run ad aware spybot Malwarebytes Superantispyware and Hijackthis Doubleclick was found Problem still persists Computer info Vista HomePremium SP Intel Core Quad Q GHz GB RamNVIDIA GeForce GTGigabyte EP -UD P MmotherboardHijackThis log is here Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C Windows system Dwm Browser freezes after a few minutes, then computer freezes exeC Windows Explorer EXEC Windows system taskeng exeC Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exeC Program Files AVG AVG Browser freezes after a few minutes, then computer freezes avgtray exeC Windows RtHDVCpl exeC Windows System rundll exeC Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exeC Program Files DisplayFusion DisplayFusion exeC Windows ehome ehtray exeC Windows ehome ehmsas exeC Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeC Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exeC Windows system wbem unsecapp exeC Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dllO - BHO WormRadar com IESiteBlocker NavFilter - CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - C Program Files AVG AVG avgssie dllO - BHO Spybot-S amp D IE Protection - - F - D - - D F - C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy SDHelper dllO - BHO Java Plug-In SSV Helper - DBC -A - b-BC - C C C A - C Program Files Java jre bin jp ssv dllO - HKLM Run Windows Defender ProgramFiles Windows Defender MSASCui exe -hideO - HKLM Run AVG TRAY C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exeO - HKLM Run RtHDVCpl RtHDVCpl exeO - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C Windows system NvCpl dll NvStartupO - HKLM Run NvMediaCenter RUNDLL EXE C Windows system NvMcTray dll NvTaskbarInitO - HKCU Run Sidebar C Program Files Windows Sidebar sidebar exe autoRunO - HKCU Run DisplayFusion C Program Files DisplayFusion DisplayFusion exeO - HKCU Run ehTray exe C Windows ehome ehTray exeO - HKCU Run SpybotSD TeaTimer C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exeO - HKCU Run SUPERAntiSpyware C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exeO - HKCU Ru... Read more

A:Browser freezes after a few minutes, then computer freezes

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/247834/browser-freezes-after-a-few-minutes-then-computer-freezes/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi , My question is when i turn on pc Windows XP Home edition boots up fine , then when it opens to the desk top it looks fine , but when I click on an Icon to start a program it starts to work then it opens part of the program then freezes up and then nothing I click on the desk top will work. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you In advance. Ted

A:Xp freezes after it boots up

ive had a smilar problem if you run a system restore to a time when it was working and when thats done boot in 2 safe mode and scan with whateva anti virus/spyware scanners u have that should sort it

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-freezes-after-it-boots-up-118072.html
Relevancy 51.6%

My computer Boots Freezes & Me Old Computer is old I know that but still I wish to know why this happens Think of it as a sick child or pet My machine is a Cybermax by Microsoft It was loaded with but was reloaded with XPSP Pro The original owner gave it to me but without Old Computer Freezes & Boots Me any of the paperwork or applications CD s It has MHz RAMS recently added AMD Dial-up Modem GB and GB Free Space It was recently validated with WXP thought to have had a virus so reformatted then reformatted again After the validation it started booting me to the Bios page or freezing and going to a black screen where I had to turn off the CPU by holding it for five seconds It has been in repairs and the repairman declares the problem is not Hardware It has had Line Tests that are clean I was getting AOLErrors AC messages with the disconnects with helped lead to the second reformatting I cannot play games in game site or on emulators And i have been booted when on IM and while just posting or having more than one Old Computer Freezes & Boots Me page open Anyone able to relate or able to suggest help other than throwing it out the window That will probably happen but not before I beat this issue to death I m middle aged and we don t give up that easily Thanks for all the help

A:Old Computer Freezes & Boots Me

The first thing that I'd suggest would be to get the Windows Product Key if it's not marked on the outside of the case - without the key you'll have to buy another copy of XP if the system crashes. There are several free programs that will let you know the key so that you can save it ( here's one: http://www.magicaljellybean.com/keyfinder.shtml Once that's done, the next most important thing to do is to backup everything that you can't stand to lose (in case the system crashes and can't be recovered.Finally, how did you reformat it if you don't have the disks?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/109343/old-computer-freezes-boots-me/
Relevancy 51.6%

We have been having problems with IE6. While you are on the net, it seems to just randomly decide to freeze up.
Sometimes there is a Microsoft "Send Error Report" box, and once you have clicked on "don't send", it kicks you out.
I have tried IE Repair, and tried Virus Scan, Defrag and Scandisk - thought I fixed it, but still the same stuff.....
HELP

A:IE Explorer 6 Freezes & then Boots you Out

forget about IE, get Avant or morizzla way much better....i have been using avant for a month and i love it...

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/ie-explorer-6-freezes-then-boots-you-out.182767/
Relevancy 51.6%

I can now turn on my PC and rech all the way to the desktop Wow what an It still boots freezes... now! YAY!!! it but... log Hijackthis accomplishment now Im starting to think this isnt a hardware OR software problem Whenever I run a virus or add scan the computer slows down to a crawl and so does the net Eventually it freezes Im starting to think its some kind of trojan or spyware either way was wondering if someone could look at this Logfile of HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe YAY!!! it boots now! but... It still freezes... Hijackthis log C WINDOWS system svchost exe YAY!!! it boots now! but... It still freezes... Hijackthis log C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Lexmark X Series lxbkbmgr exe C WINDOWS System rundll exe C WINDOWS System NotifyPhoneBook exe C Program Files Lexmark X Series lxbkbmon exe C WINDOWS System ctfmon exe C Program Files Lavasoft Ad-aware Ad-aware exe Just before it froze I scanned and saved log C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Documents and Settings Bec Desktop HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http red clientapps yahoo com cus http www yahoo com ext search search html R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http red clientapps yahoo com customize ie defaults sp ymsgr http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http red clientapps yahoo com customize ie defaults stp ymsgr http my yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http red clientapps yahoo com cus http www yahoo com ext search search html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http red clientapps yahoo com customize ie defaults sp ymsgr http www yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http red clientapps yahoo com customize ie defaults stp ymsgr http my yahoo com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http red clientapps yahoo com customize ie defaults su ymsgr http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http red clientapps yahoo com customize ie defaults su ymsgr http www yahoo com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page O - BHO no name - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn ycomp dll O - BHO no name - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS System msdxm ocx O - Toolbar amp Yahoo Companion - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files Yahoo Companion Installs cpn ycomp dll O - HKLM Run Lexmark X Series quot C Program Files Lexmark X Series lxbkbmgr exe quot O - HKLM Run AME CSA rundll amecsa cpl RUN DLL O - HKLM Run ccApp quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe quot O - HKLM Run ccRegVfy quot C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccRegVfy exe quot O - HKLM Run Cmaudio RunDll cmicnfg cpl CMICtrlWnd O - HKLM Run NvCplDaemon RUNDLL EXE C WINDOWS System NvCpl dll NvStartup O - HKLM Run nwiz nwiz exe install O - HKCU Run ctfmon exe C WINDOWS System ctfmon exe O - Global Startup Microsoft Office lnk C Program Files Microsoft Office Office OSA EXE O - Extra context menu item amp Add animation to IncrediMail Style Box - C PROGRA INCRED bin resources WebMenuImg htm O - Extra context menu item E amp xport to Microsoft Excel - res C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE O - Extra Tools menuitem Sun Java Con... Read more

A:YAY!!! it boots now! but... It still freezes... Hijackthis log

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/yay-it-boots-now-but-it-still-freezes-hijackthis-log.219916/
Relevancy 51.6%

Hey guys and gals!

I was downloading Test drive unlimited 2, via gamespot to my C: drive.
I couldn't stand watching it tick by so I decided to play FIFA11.
Match was nearing the end and it froze, BSOD appeared and said it had encountered a problem.

Thinking it was just a perverse crash I restarted and found my poor computer wouldn't click or anything.

I got it to loads things, but after I click anything it freezes.

I'm running XP Pro SP2 64bit I do believe. HD2400 ATI Radeon with 3.8gb RAM on a 4Core 1600 ASRock Motherboard.

I have an Intel Core 2 quad processor.

Sorry about the disjointed writing style.

Any ideas would be GREATLY appreciated. X

A:Boots, icons appear but freezes.

I may just re-install XP otherwise. I have the disc next to me.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/boots-icons-appear-but-freezes-550749.html
Relevancy 51.6%

hello I am having some issue's with my laptop it is a sony vaio VGN-AR E I recently threw on Windows and got it working nicely bout a month ago to be exact mid-way boots laptop but freezes Everything was working fine till i droped my laptop boots but freezes mid-way laptop from my table and laptop boots but freezes mid-way the computer opened up right in the HD area My laptop was on in sleep mode so i woke it up and saw that it came to laptop boots but freezes mid-way Then I tried doing some commands and it was slow so i decided to shut it down Upon rebooting it hangs up at the Windows screen I decided to try booting in with last known good config which did the same thing and on safe mode it hangs up after about the first - files After this I tried my CD and let it try to repair itself though it gave me no solution Now I just tried to run a chkdsk r in the recovery command prompt and it says process out of then quot File record xxxxxx unreadable quot and then just stays at Is there anyway to fix this maybe just reformat and do a clean install or do you think the HDD is damaged in an important sector and I just have to buy a new HD

A:laptop boots but freezes mid-way

Yes, it sounds like that hard drive is dead. I've killed two or three myself. Nothing but a replacement will help you, to be blunt.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/laptop-boots-but-freezes-mid-way-462215.html
Relevancy 51.6%

About a week ago, I randomly got the BSOD. After a few reboots and some cursing, everything was running fine. Tonight, the problem is that Vista will load, but as soon as I try to open any file/application, everything freezes. I've done a system restore, though the only thing I've done to my computer is download Spybot after the BSOD incident. I am primarily a Mac girl, so I'm absolutely clueless and I have no idea what to do now (I have work files on this computer). Please don't laugh at me being a total dimwit, but I'm nervous!

A:Vista boots, then freezes?

There is no need to be nervous this problem can be solved by simply reinstalling vista again which will provide a clean install which will remove any corrupt files and will make th ecoputer as fast as it first was. If you would not like to do this you could run some programs....
CCleaner To remove unceray files
Avast or similar antvirus program... To see if there is any virus that are causing system to freeze
Malware Bytes Anti-Malware to see if there is some malware which is causing this problem on your computer

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/vista-boots-then-freezes.992240/
Relevancy 51.6%

I am posting from safe mode as full boot to windows desktop immediately causes system to freeze (mouse pointer becomes ring and cont alt delete does not work) . The information for my system follows with the recommended attachment for BSOD. Trying perfmon /report gives an error message, "the system cannot find the path specified.
Any help would be appreciated. I'm hoping not to have to format my hard drive.

Is Vista . . . Home Premium
- x86 (32-bit) or x64 ? x64
- the original installed OS on the system? Original Vista Home Premium
- an OEM or full retail version? OEM
- What is the age of system (hardware)? 2-years
- What is the age of OS installation (have you re-installed the OS?) 2-years

A:Computer Boots, then freezes

Welcome
Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

Please follow procedure when uploading. Your upload gives a warning that it is from an unknown, I nor any other computer knowledgeable person will open such an upload.

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/288251-computer-boots-then-freezes.html
Relevancy 51.17%

My computer running windows XP freezes during it s boot-up process or within a few minutes after it finishes booting up Ctrl Alt Del does not work and I have to manually turn the computer off Half the minutes within Windows 10 startup, startup. during or Repeatedly. XP freezes of time the reboot button just brings me a blank screen It s been doing this for a while and has been steadily getting worse Today I had to try booting up nearly two dozen times before it would Windows XP freezes during startup, or within 10 minutes of startup. Repeatedly. quot take quot This may possibly be related to a problem I had before A year or so back I had a power outage while my computer was booting up Afterwards it would Windows XP freezes during startup, or within 10 minutes of startup. Repeatedly. only load up to the screen with quot Windows quot and the little bar thingy scrolling past After that it would reboot I eventually enlisted the help of a more tech-savvy friend to fix the problem as far as I understood the file that listed the location of all the boot-up files got corrupted by the outage Replacing that file fixed everything So yeah Help nbsp

A:Windows XP freezes during startup, or within 10 minutes of startup. Repeatedly.

Try running the CHKDSK utility to see if the drive has any errors. You can run the utility straight from Windows or if the PC doesn't stay up long enough you can boot from the Windows disk and choose to repair your existing installation to get to the recovery console where you can run the utility.

The easiest way to tell if the problem is hardware or software related is to download and burn a Linux Live CD and boot from it. Linux Live allows you to boot and run the operating system straight from the disk. If you experience similar issues using the Linux CD you can assume the problem is hardware related.

Regards,
Rollin

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-xp-freezes-during-startup-or-within-10-minutes-of-startup-repeatedly.838084/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi all I can't seem to figure out what is boots Any and freezes. ideas? to PC desktop sometimes going on with my PC More times than not my computer will PC sometimes boots to desktop and freezes. Any ideas? boot to the desktop and freeze I then have to restart my PC and it's fine Sometimes it does the same and I have to constantly restart until it's running normally When it is running fine all PC sometimes boots to desktop and freezes. Any ideas? is well I updated all my drivers so all seems to be fine I can't seem to update the BIOS but I can't seem to pinpoint the problem with the freezing I'm running windows pro My specs are the following CPU intel i - Quad Core Liquid CPU Cooler Corsair PC sometimes boots to desktop and freezes. Any ideas? H i CFM Motherboard Asus z -a Socket intel z Memory G SKILL TridentX Series GB x GB Storage SAMSUNG GB SSD SAMSUNG GB SSD amp WD TB HDD Video Card EVGA GeForce GTX gb GDDR Power Supply CORSAIR HX Series HX W Has anyone ever had this occur to them I did notice twice last week the computer BSODed and if I remember correctly it was my netosio sys file I will post my BSOD reports later this evening when I get home from work Any help would be much appreciated Thanks Rudy

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/46918-pc-sometimes-boots-desktop-freezes-any-ideas.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Dell Vostro Windows XP No problem until today when it started and loaded I can see everything but I tried to load Firefox and it wouldn t load Then but freezes then loads, Computer boots, I tried doing ANYTHING and it s frozen I held the power button to reboot same thing I rebooted that way again and tried to press F to go into safe mode It won t go I can choose F or F Computer boots, loads, but then freezes though I cannot use msconfig to get info safe mode either because it s all frozen I did a repair of Windows XP No change I opened the back dusted with air took out memory sticks and replaced them in the same spots No change So to recap it boots and loads I can use the mouse to select things for about minute but by the time anything has a chance to load everything freezes up It doesn t connect to the network so I can t get in to retrieve any files Please help If it s dead I just want to get my files - nbsp

Relevancy 50.74%

Hello I hope someone can help with a problem I'm having After updating Comodo Firewall and Adobe Flash Player my PC started freezing about min or two after start-up I'd ok shortly after Boots freezes and but BSOD open up Firefox and start browsing for a bit and then Boots ok but freezes and BSOD shortly after my computer would grind to a halt I could still move the mouse around and icons would quot highlight quot but the PC otherwise didn't respond Things I've done - I've tried uninstalling and re-installing Comodo and Avast because I thought those two programs were most likely to be causing the problem but that didn't help - PC seems ok in Safe Mode - Right now I'm currently running the computer with only Avast and Windows Firewall disabled all other non-Microsoft services and start-up items in msconfig and my PC actually seems ok so far but I'd still like to know if I can identify a specific cause so it doesn't happen again later Here's an example of the error message I get from a BSOD and I've also attached the files recommended on the BSOD posting page Thanks so much Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode BCP FFFFF F BCP BCP FFFFF BDB A BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - Boots ok but freezes and BSOD shortly after dmp C Users Ji AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml Read our privacy statement online Windows Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows If the online privacy statement is not available please read our privacy statement offline C Windows system en-US erofflps txt

A:Boots ok but freezes and BSOD shortly after

Use only one antivirus software, using more than one will cause conflicts.

Old drivers:

Update any Sony mouse driver if any.
Update the Marvel Yukon Network driver Marvell - Support

Code:
yk62x64.sys fffff880`06396000 fffff880`063fb000 0x00065000 0x4ac07193 28/09/2009 12:19:31
Upgrade/Remove any ArcSoft Magic-i Visual Effect software
ArcSoft

Remove/Update any InterVideo/Corel software

Update the RICOH PCIe SD/MMC Driver
Downloads | Ricoh Global

The Nvidia driver is old, please download and install the latest version
http://www.nvidia.com/object/noteboo...ql-driver.html

If none of the above work do a www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/700-system-restore.html

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (50)
Invalid system memory was referenced. This cannot be protected by try-except,
it must be protected by a Probe. Typically the address is just plain bad or it
is pointing at freed memory.
Arguments:
Arg1: fffff800000000f0, memory referenced.
Arg2: 0000000000000000, value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation.
Arg3: fffff800032bdb9a, If non-zero, the instruction address which referenced the bad memory
address.
Arg4: 0000000000000000, (reserved)

Debugging Details:
------------------
Could not read faulting driver name

READ_ADDRESS: GetPointerFromAddress: unable to read from fffff800034f8100
fffff800000000f0

FAULTING_IP:
nt!ExpInterlockedPopEntrySListFault+0
fffff800`032bdb9a 498b18 mov rbx,qword ptr [r8]

MM_INTERNAL_CODE: 0

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x50

PROCESS_NAME: PowerManager.e

CURRENT_IRQL: 0

TRAP_FRAME: fffff8800be46820 -- (.trap 0xfffff8800be46820)
NOTE: The trap frame does not contain all registers.
Some register values may be zeroed or incorrect.
rax=000000001e580002 rbx=0000000000000000 rcx=fffff8000343c940
rdx=ffffffffffffff00 rsi=0000000000000000 rdi=0000000000000000
rip=fffff800032bdb9a rsp=fffff8800be469b0 rbp=fffff8000343c940
r8=fffff800000000f0 r9=fffff80003249000 r10=fffff8000343c940
r11=00000000001fffff r12=0000000000000000 r13=0000000000000000
r14=0000000000000000 r15=0000000000000000
iopl=0 nv up ei pl nz na po cy
nt!ExpInterlockedPopEntrySListFault:
fffff800`032bdb9a 498b18 mov rbx,qword ptr [r8] ds:0001:fffff800`000000f0=????????????????
Resetting default scope

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from fffff800032719fc to fffff800032c5c40

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`0be466b8 fffff800`032719fc : 00000000`00000050 fffff800`000000f0 00000000`00000000 fffff880`0be46820 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`0be466c0 fffff800`032c3d6e : 00000000`00000000 fffff800`000000f0 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000008 : nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+0x4611f
fffff880`0be46820 fffff800`032bdb9a : 00000000`00000008 fffff800`033f41de 00000000`0048f56e fffffa80`03b96700 : nt!KiPageFault+0x16e
fffff880`0be469b0 fffff800`033f41de : 00000000`0048f56e fffffa80`03b96700 fffffa80`07dcfa60 00000000`00000000 : nt!ExpInterlockedPopEntrySListFault
fffff880`0be469c0 fffff800`032d9ab6 : fffffa80`07dcfb10 00000000`00000008 00000000`0064ea60 00000000`0064fd20 : nt!ExAllocatePoolWithTag+0xfe
fffff880`0be46ab0 fffff800`035aa942 : 00000000`0064e101 00000000`0064fd20 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000001 : nt!ExAllocatePoolWithQuotaTag+0x56
fffff880`0be46b00 fffff800`035aa9f0 : fffffa80`08aa0b60 fffff880`0be46ca0 00000000`0064e108 00000000`0000008c : nt!NtQueueApcThreadEx+0xb2
fffff880`0be46b70 fffff800`032c4ed3 : fffffa80`08aa0b60 00000000`0064ea08 fffff880`0be46bc8 fffff800`035bd4f4 : nt!NtQueueApcThread+0x20
fffff880`0be46bb0 00000000`776b176a... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/193929-boots-ok-but-freezes-bsod-shortly-after.html
Relevancy 50.74%

the pc boots up normaly but then freezes when i click on any icon. i then sut down pc by holding down the on button . i then start thethe pc in safe mode it works ok i then go to system restore and restore from a previouse day and the pc reboots and it works ok . i switch pc off and then have go through the same process to start to start it again. i have ran malwarebites and superantispyware and my own antivirus prog (eset nod 32) and found nothing. can anyone help me .thanks

Relevancy 50.74%

I ve got a HP Pavilion running XP and when I turn it on it just goes into a screen that says the following We apologize for the inconvenience but Windows did not strt successfully A recent hardware or software change might have caused Pc screen option boots freezes... into and this If your computer stopped responding restarted unexpectedly or was automatically shut down to protect your files and folders choose the Last Known Good Config to revert to the most recent settings that worked If a previous startup attempt was interrupted due to a power failure or because the Power Or Reset button was pressed or if you aren t sure what caused the problem choose Start Window Normally Safe Mode Safe Mode with Netowrking Safe Mode with Comand Prompt Last know Good Config Start Windows Normally When I chooose anyone of these it goes to the Windows splash for a few seconds as if to boot then flashes a blue screen for an instant with something on it that I can t read cuz it s over in a flash and goes right back to the screen above Please Pc boots into option screen and freezes... help me out here May God bless Peter nbsp

Relevancy 50.74%

Hi,

Any advice would be appreciated!

I've recently built a new computer and for the first two weeks it has been working fine. However, this morning I pressed the power button and the computer booted, but after a few 'boot up noises' the computer rebooted but, once again, with no signal sent to the monitor so I could see no bios info.

This is a bit short-on for information, so please ask me any details that would be of use to you in order to give me advice.

Thanks!

Gigabtyte GA-8I915P-D Pro
Intel pentium 4 3.2 Ghz LGA775
2 X 512mb RAM
430W PSU
Albatron 6600GT graphics card

A:Computer boots, reboots, and freezes

1 day bump...

I'll add some more information, if that helps.

After the second boot, all the fans on the mother board case etc are running including the fan on the graphics card.

My concern is with the graphics card or the PSU. When the computer was booting up correctly in its first two weeks of existence, I'd often get a message from the graphics card program telling me that the card was not receiving enough power and that it would be set to a lower performamce level. If I had to reboot during a session on the computer I'd find that this message would not reappear.

I hope this helps...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-boots-reboots-and-freezes.21726/
Relevancy 50.74%

I have a ToshibA300 Satelite Pro, running vista home premium.

The other day I was downloading photos off a memory card, but as it was downloading my pc turned off as battery ran out, when i put charger on the, as always I usually hit start from resume page.

But this time it booted and opened but the windows wont open up, just says please wait and hangs.

Have tryed to reboot through system F2 n F12 N F8, system restore, recovery etc etc but its still there, please wait n nothing else.

Have also unpluged the charger and taken the charger out from the back when turned off, but still no success, please can anyone help have tried allsorts with no succees, laptop has been fine since this has happened the laptop is only 4 months old.

A:Toshiba A300. boots up but then freezes HELP!

take the battery out completely and leave for a while

do you have the recovery CDs at all ?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/toshiba-a300-boots-up-but-then-freezes-help.871511/
Relevancy 50.31%

As the title says, i am very frustrated at this problem i went to boot my system as i have done for the past 8 weeks, this time it booted up normal but froze about 30seconds after the desktop shows up. i have covered all the bases i can think of (advanced sys recovery)didnt work, (safe mode) still freezes. Please assist me

Cheers

A:Laptop boots into desktop then fully freezes

Download and run the HD Tune Pro trial. Check the SMART information for errors/warnings.
Also try running a Memtest to check the RAM.
Also check for build up of dust inside the case.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/215220-laptop-boots-into-desktop-then-fully-freezes.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Well I recently updated my BIOS After doing so my Vista and Xp partitions recognized the chipset's onboard i o devices as uninstalled My Xp OS asked me to install still when to Xp alive.. Vista but boots freezes desktop, the drivers for these devices I popped the disc in and installed them on both partitions of Xp Shortly after I began recognizing this weird screen glitch It seemed as if pixels were being dragged to a side in some areas This seemed to mainly occur when I would drag one window from one monitor the the next using dualview I then thought I should've reinstalled the drivers because when I did my system crashed the first time I attempted an install The install could've been cut short not fully installing what I needed I installed and began seeing that my computer would freeze when accessing display properties gt settings tab To condense this my computer just freezes up right as I boot and get to my desktop What can I do to Xp freezes when boots to desktop, but Vista still alive.. solve this and make it work I've run a registry repar and removed a video card EVGA i GeForce Mobo Pentium Core Duo E Ghz CPU w Xigmatech Heatsink OCZ Platinum Revision PC - x GB RAM Seagate Barracuda x GBs Vista GB Xp GB ES Xp GB HDD's Ultra w X-Connect PSU HP DVD Burner Temporarily Xp freezes when boots to desktop, but Vista still alive.. Removed-MSI GT MB Video Card

A:Xp freezes when boots to desktop, but Vista still alive..

I may just go ahead and format both XP's for a clean install. Vista installs the drivers automatically, while XP asks for me to install from the disc.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/xp-freezes-when-boots-to-desktop-but-vista-still-alive-327448.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Was having alot of issues with my PC crashing, alot do to oobe.etl MSE bad uninstall(so i think)

Decided i have some corrupt files or drivers soemwhere, so i got a new SSD and did a fresh install.
Worked great for a short while, now i get these crazy freezes where my screen looks like a lot of lines or multi-colored thread across my screen, then PC has hard time rebooting, had to use repair disc i made form fresh install.

Now ive gotten a couple BSOD (had been getting them randomly for a while, but mroe now). Looking for any advice on what these dmp files have to say.

Thanks

A:BSOD's Crashes.freezes, failed Boots

Hello and welcome mate am NO expet but a Google on that oobe.etl cam up with this.

Session &#34;Microsoft Security Essentials OOBE&#34; stopped message - Microsoft Community there might be something amongst this.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/276730-bsods-crashes-freezes-failed-boots.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi All Like most of you I ve been seeing my system slowly slowing down sometimes locks at the flash screen and needs to be turned off restarted to finally reach the XP logon freezes more than it used to and now the msn com page will not line up text boxes up place Boots*Sporatic over Freezes*msn.com pg. the Slow all down etc Use Smart Defrag a lot and System Mechanic to optimize however still seems to be going in reverse Even better still my wife s computer freezes daily too Since I m supposed to be on top of this I m losing spousal points rapidly I ll attach a hijack report here and unless advised otherwise will start another thread with her hijack info As always I appreciate your help Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Windows Defender MsMpEng Slow Boots*Sporatic Freezes*msn.com pg. all over the place exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Acronis Schedule schedul exe C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Elements PhotoshopElementsFileAgent exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Pure Networks Shared Platform nmctxth exe C Program Files Pure Networks Network Magic nmapp exe C Program Files Common Files LogiShrd LComMgr Communications Slow Boots*Sporatic Freezes*msn.com pg. all over the place Helper exe C Program Files iolo common lib ioloServiceManager exe C Program Files Acronis TrueImageHome TimounterMonitor exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Acronis Schedule schedhlp exe C WINDOWS RTHDCPL EXE C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation nTune nTuneService exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C Program Files DellAutomatedPCTuneUp PTAgnt exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNSCFG exe C Program Files Microsoft ActiveSync wcescomm exe C PROGRA MICROS rapimgr exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Acronis Fomatik TrueImageTryStartService exe C Program Files Western Digital WD Drive Manager WDBtnMgrSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Pure Networks Shared Platform nmsrvc exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files PayPal PayPal Plug-In RBroker exe C Program Files Outlook Express msimn exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus Engine ccSvcHst exe C Program Files Norton AntiVirus Engine ccSvcHst exe C Program Files Internet Explorer IEXPLORE EXE C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL partnerpage google com smallbiz dell com en us hl en amp client dell-usuk amp channel us-smb amp ibd R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search Default Page URL partnerpage google com smallbiz dell com en us hl en amp client dell-usuk amp channel us-smb amp ibd R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO Skype add-on mastermind - BF B-C D - d - A -A F BA C - C Program Files Skype Toolbars Internet Explorer SkypeIEPlugin dll O - BHO Symantec Intrusion Prevention - D EC - AAE- -AEEE-F F C - C Program Files Norton AntiVirus Engine IPSBHO DLL O - BHO OToolbarHelper Class - EAD A - A - - -C E - C Program Files PayPal PayPal Plug-In PayPalHelper dll O - Toolbar PayPal Plug-In - DC F F - FA- f -ACAA- F B - C Program Files PayPal Pay... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/slow-boots-sporatic-freezes-msn-com-pg-all-over-the-place.804187/
Relevancy 50.31%

hey everyone.. i installed windows 8 consumer preview x64 on my desktop yesterday.
the problem : when i turn on the desktop, it gets stuck at the boot logo.. so i have to force shut down or force reset/reboot.. and it boots up perfectly well this second time. this happens everytime i turn on the desktop.
i googled about the problem but didnt find any useful results. is there a way to fix this? an help would be appreciated.

my desktop config : amd athlon dual core x2, 2.5 ghz
3 gigs of ram, nvidia 9500gt graphics chip

A:Freezes at first boot, but boots normally on reboot/reset

Hi, welcome.

Please download and run CPU-Z then make screenshots of the SPD and Memory tabs. After, attach them here to a new post.

Probably a good idea to run the program in the Crashes And Debugging subforum, from the top most thread there. Attach what that thread asks for as well, please.

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/5288-freezes-first-boot-but-boots-normally-reboot-reset.html
Relevancy 49.88%

I have switched to my Freezes PC After Few A Minutes Up iPhone now that I PC Freezes Up After A Few Minutes have uploaded the logs When I boot up my machine within - minutes it locks up and I am unable to use it again I have to reboot and start all over again It happen if I am running in safe mode also Any assistance anyone could provide would be appreciated Thank you DDS Ver - - - NTFSx MINIMAL Internet Explorer Run by David at on - - Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic GMT - AV McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware Disabled Updated - - EA -ABB - B EB SP Windows Defender Disabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP McAfee Anti-Virus and Anti-Spyware Disabled Updated D B - E- - - C A FW McAfee Firewall Disabled BE ED - A B- FFF- EC-B C Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch PC Freezes Up After A Few Minutes C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www bplog com control your blood pressure asp uDefault Page URL hxxp ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en us amp c amp bd Pavilion amp pf cnnb mStart Page hxxp ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en us amp c amp bd Pavilion amp pf cnnb mDefault Page URL hxxp ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en us amp c amp bd Pavilion amp pf cnnb uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local uURLSearchHooks McAfee SiteAdvisor Toolbar ebbbe -bad - b c- e a- abecae - c progra mcafee sitead mcieplg dll BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e ad- -a -fa c ebdc - c program files common files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelperShim dll BHO McAfee Phishing Filter b a- - a -b -be afe ab - c progra mcafee msk mskapbho dll BHO amp Security Update f-a b- b - f -b bf a a - c windows system win extension dll BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - c - d -b f - bbc d a e - c progra micros office GROOVEEX DLL BHO scriptproxy db d a - - e -b d- f c - c program files common files mcafee systemcore ScriptSn dll BHO Skype Plug-In ae - e c- ed - f b-f f a - c program files skype toolbars internet explorer skypeieplugin dll BHO McAfee SiteAdvisor BHO b e -a b - a -b - cd e a ff - c progra mcafee sitead mcieplg dll BHO Office Document Cache Handler b f a - e - -ba - b e ff - c progra micros office URLREDIR DLL BHO Java tm Plug-In SSV Helper dbc -a - b-bc - c c c a - c program files java jre bin jp ssv dll TB McAfee SiteAdvisor Toolbar ebbbe -bad - b c- e a- abecae - c progra mcafee sitead mcieplg dll uRun OfficeSyncProcess quot c program files microsoft office office MSOSYNC EXE quot uRun ISUSPM quot c program files common files installshield updateservice ISUSPM exe quot -scheduler uRun WMPNSCFG c program files windows media player WMPNSCFG exe mRun SynTPEnh c program files synaptics syntp SynTPEnh exe mRun UpdateLBPShortCut quot c program files cyberlink labelprint muitransfer muistartmenu exe quot quot c program files cyberlink labelprint quot updatewithcreateonce quot software cyberlink labelprint quot mRun UpdatePSTShortCut quot c program files cyberlink dvd suite muitransfer muistartmenu exe quot quot c program files cyberlink dvd suite quot updatewithcreateonce quot software cyberlink PowerStarter quot mRun Windows Defender ProgramFiles Windows Defender MSASCui exe -hide mRun UpdateP GoShortCut quot c program files cyberlink power go muitransfer muistartmenu exe quot quot c program files cyberlink power go quot updatewithcreateonce quot software cyberlink power go quot mRun UpdatePDIRShortCut quot c program files cyberlink powerdirector muitransfer muistartmenu exe quot quot c program files cyberlink powerdirector quot updatewithcreateonce quot software cyberlink powerdirector quot mRun hpWirelessAssistant c program files hewlett-packard hp wireless assistant... Read more

A:PC Freezes Up After A Few Minutes

Hello Irish 72, and welcome to TSF.

I am currently reviewing your log. I will be back with a fix for your problem as soon as possible.

Please subscribe to this thread to get immediate notification of replies as soon as they are posted. To do this click Thread Tools, then click Subscribe to this Thread. Make sure it is set to Instant Notification, then click Subscribe.

Please be patient with me during this time.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/pc-freezes-up-after-a-few-minutes-593810.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi,

After coming home and being told by my wife that "the PC is not working", I took a look - it was consistently freezing after only a few minutes. So, I logged on in Safe Mode and consecutively ran my various counter virus software (MS Essentials, Malaware Bytes and Spybot), which removed/fixed various issues they detected. This didn't seem to help.

So I Restored to my earliest log. I then ran Windows on Normal Mode and it seems to work OK, but I still sense there may still be viral infection.

I then downloaded "Hijackthis" and ran it, without fixing/deleting any files . I have attached the log - I would be very grateful indeed if you could take a look and let me know if you spot any anomalies?

Thanks very much indeed

S

A:My PC freezes after a few minutes

How many antivirus/antimalware programs do you have installed? Select 1 antivirus program (MSE) and ditch all those tool bars

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-pc-freezes-after-a-few-minutes.179464/
Relevancy 49.88%

I have Mesh desktop computer My desk top came with only recovery CD no drivers CD It had freezes minutes PC few after Windows XP Home Edition It is years old I bought it in and over the years it became very slow and sluggish Originally XP system installed on it was without any service packs but with the updates it was at SP level It PC freezes after few minutes has a CD drive DVD drive and floppy drive It started giving error messages So I decided to clean reinstall it and backed up my working files to an external drive For reinstallation I created Slipstream CD with XP PC freezes after few minutes recovery CD and SP downloaded from Microsoft site My software is Windows XP Home Edition My hardware is as follows Motherboard ASUS P R -VM AMI Bios version Build date Intel Pentium Chip IXP CPU Processor - Intel R Pentium R CPU GHz Processor Speed MHz Count System memory Type Intel Pentium CPU GHzSize MB Speed MHz Dual Channel Since I did not have drivers CD from manufacturers I downloaded the drivers for the following from Asus site PC freezes after few minutes with the guidance of one of the helpers on this site in another thread that matched the requirements of this motherboard Asus P R -VM Ethernet Controller Multimedia Audio Controller SM Bus Controller Video Controller Everything seemed OK and I could start the computer but after couple of minutes the system freezes and I am unable to use the computer Also couple of times when I started the computer it will stop in the middle of start up and tells me Hardware Malfuction Call your hardware vendor the system has halted but when I restart the PC it will be OK and load everything My questions are Since the drivers are most current ones for the system do I need to update the bios version to as well to overcome this freezing problem Current version is AMI Bios version And if so how do I do this as I know nothing about upgrading the BIOS I have learned a lot in this process of reinstalling the system but I know very little about how to upgrade the bios version on an old machine I have downloaded bios version from Asus site on a CD from another computer which also has XP home edition Please help

A:PC freezes after few minutes

Upgrading the BIOS could be worth it, but it could also ruin the system if the installation or wrong BIOS is applied.

When does this warning appear?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/pc-freezes-after-few-minutes-939442.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Recently my computer started freezing after about minutes of uptime I ran Everest and the fans and temps seem fine I thought maybe something in the registry was messed up as I ran CCleaner recently I thought I might reinstall XP just to get a clean install in When I tried to do that I found out that my USB few Freezes a minutes after XP keyboard and mouse stop working just XP Freezes after a few minutes after POST and before XP starts So I couldn't hit the space bar to install I tried it with an old PS keyboard and mouse and that helped I reinstalled windows and it seemed fine I went about minutes and no freeze but just as I was about to close it all down and call it a night it froze again I restarted hoping it was just a fluke but now after the XP loading screen I get a blank screen I can get in using safe mode and am using it now I am going to try and see if it freezes in safe mode while I go to bed Any input Just about ready to switch to Ubuntu

A:XP Freezes after a few minutes

Will you post your complete system specs, ie: power supply, ram ect.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-freezes-after-a-few-minutes-138384.html
Relevancy 49.88%

My work PC freezes after about 15 minutes from starting. I can't do anything at that point and I need to restart it by pressing power button. After second start it runs normally for the rest of the day. Next day when I switch it on it happens again and it's been like that for the last week. It froze on IE, Firefox and Outlook. I checked event viewer but don't really know what to look for as only errors that I've found were that of unexpected machine restart. I've checked installed programs and there's nothing there recently. Any ideas?

A:PC freezes every day after about 15 minutes

it still happens. yesterday it worked for an hour and then it froze but today was about 10 minutes.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/152107-pc-freezes-every-day-after-about-15-minutes.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi everyone I m kinda experiencing the same problems as this guy - http forums techguy org windows-vista -my-computer-freezes-few-minutes html It all started yesterday while I was browsing the net my computer suddenly froze and got a bluescreen When it rebooted everything looked fine during startup except that it froze after a few minutes again During the freeze I can a few everything freezes after minutes move the mouse but I can t open any programs everything freezes after a few minutes and any programs that already are everything freezes after a few minutes open stop working Can t ctrl alt delete or do anything else than reboot the computer by pressing the start-button I didn t visit any websites that I haven t visited frequently these past weeks so I don t think I ve gotten anything from them When I start in safe-mode the same thing happens after a few minutes cant start any new programs and any programs that already are active stop working This is a huge problem since if this is caused by some malware or virus could be I don t have time to do a system scan before everything freezes here s my hijackthis logfile Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on - - Platform Windows WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Program Files OSD Launch CC exe C Program Files Alienware Command Center AlienwareAlienFXController exe C Program Files OSD Launch CC exe C Program Files x Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe C Users Mullzor AppData Local Akamai netsession win exe C Program Files x Personal bin Personal exe C Users Mullzor AppData Roaming Dropbox bin Dropbox exe C Program Files x OpenOffice org program soffice exe C Program Files x OpenOffice org program soffice bin C Users Mullzor AppData Local Akamai netsession win exe C Program Files x CyberLink Shared Files brs exe C Program Files Alienware Command Center AlienSense FATrayMon exe C Program Files x Winamp winampa exe C Program Files Alwil Software Avast AvastUI exe C Program Files x Adobe Acrobat Acrobat acrotray exe C Program Files Alienware Command Center AlienSense FATrayAlert exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software BluetoothHeadsetProxy exe C Program Files x Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe C Program Files Alienware Command Center AlienFXHook Mngr exe C Program Files x Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exe C Windows SysWOW DllHost exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http mythos-europe com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer http R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName O - Hosts localhost activate adobe com O - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dll O - BHO avast WebRep - E E -AD D- bf-AC D-D F D - C Program Files Alwil Software Avast aswWebRepIE dll O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO FAIESSO Helper Object - A F DA- F- df - F - DBDBA B - C Program Files Alienware Command Center AlienSense FAIESSO dll O - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files x Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dll O - ... Read more

A:everything freezes after a few minutes

Update: I disconnected my monitor and rebooted (I'm on a laptop with a monitor connected to it)

It's been running a malware scan for almost 15 minutes now which is much longer than usual. Could the freezing be related to my video-card and the second screen?

(I'm running this scan in safemode with network - can't run scan without internet)

Update2: After 18 minutes the scan froze, and I had to reboot. Very frustrating I fear there's no other option than to backup and re-format. But I'll wait to here if I can get any feedback from here
update 3: Another thing I noticed that's odd is that "Microsoft Windows is no longer responding" or something similar. I've had this laptop for 3 years and I've never had a bluescreen on it before, nor have I experienced that windows stopped responding. Normally it's just a program or explorer.exe that stops responding, which happens now and then, but not windows.
Any thoughts?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/everything-freezes-after-a-few-minutes.1049145/
Relevancy 49.88%

I have 7 running on a Sony laptop. After 5 to 15 minutes, it freezes. Everything just stops, no blue screen, no response from keyboard or mouse. Ctl, alt del does nothing. Hard Drive light is on. Hard shutdown is the only way to get it off. I have been able to run virus check and found nothing. It won't stay up long enough to do a dish scan or upgrade it to Windows 10. I am a basic end user who can use the standard tools but I am not into the internals of a PC. Any help would be appreciated.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/382846-7-freezes-after-10-minutes.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi I ve been going mad for a few hours now- going round in circles fruitlessly Set 33 at minutes Freezes Up XP googling I have a toshiba equim laptop that i wanted to wipe and start completly again on before giving it to someone So i put the xp disc in so that it would reinstall and wipe everything i have done this on another old laptop with total success and no problems so was fairly sure it was ok XP Set Up Freezes at 33 minutes to do It asked me delete create partitions amp format which i did and then it carried on to start installing XP SP but everytime it gets to mins remaining it just freezes I have tried rebooting disabling everything in the BIOS not that XP Set Up Freezes at 33 minutes there was much to chose from cd drive hdd lan and leaving just the hdd and cd drive running and ensuring it boots from the cd drive From google they seem to be hinting at something hardware related but there s nothing attached no printer usb stick unless there s something inside but i daren t open it up and inf files keep getting mentioned but i dont understand the instructions for deleting them Has any got any simple to follow advice I literally want to scream Thanks Lorna nbsp

Relevancy 49.88%

I just got a Geforce 2 MX 400, and when I try playing GTA 3, it freezes after about a minute. When I used my onboard video, an Intel 82810E Graphics controller, everything worked fine, but slow. That's why I got the Video Card. I don't know whether this is because of the Geforce, but I guessed so because everything worked fine with the onboard video.

GTA 3 freezes for no reason at all. I could be in the options, which doesn't take up any performance, power, you know what I mean, and it would freeze.

Relevancy 49.88%

Hello All As of this morning my PC running XP Pro SP hangs at the Welcome screen I am able to type in my password and hear the log on sound but the welcome screen stays and the OS never loads It loaded once on about the tenth attempt but I believe quot explorer exe quot did not I had blue screen on my start bar quick launches and system tray could not use CTRL ALT DEL or SUPER R to run a command and could not load any shortcuts from my desktop I am able to boot into Safe Mode standard with Networking and with Command Prompt without a problem I have attempted reinstalling my Chipset and VGA drivers to no avail I have also run Malware and Spyware Doctor scans and show no issues My login screen is customized from Tune Up Utilities however I cannot uninstall the program from safe mode Additionally though my boot and welcome screen are custom they both run when I boot Screen: in Freezes Safe Only Boots at Mode Welcome/Login XP into safe mode which as mentioned I can do without incident Here is my hardware profile from Everest Code Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Professional WinXP Retail Date - - Time -------- Summary ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Computer Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Professional OS Service Pack Service Pack DirectX DirectX c Motherboard CPU Type Intel Pentium III Xeon MHz Motherboard Name Acer Aspire Z Motherboard Chipset Unknown System Memory MB BIOS Type Insyde Storage IDE Controller Intel R ICH M-E M SATA AHCI Controller SCSI RAID Controller MagicISO SCSI Host Controller Disk Drive WDC WD BEVS- RST GB IDE Optical Drive MagicISO Virtual DVD-ROM Optical Drive Optiarc DVD RW AD- H SMART Hard Disks Status OK Partitions C NTFS MB MB free Input Keyboard Standard -Key or Microsoft Natural PS Keyboard Mouse PS Compatible Mouse Network Network Adapter Atheros AR PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller Network Adapter Realtek RTL CU Wireless LAN n USB Network Adapter Peripherals USB Controller Intel R ICH Family USB Universal Host Controller - NoDB USB Controller Intel R ICH Family USB Universal Host Controller - NoDB USB Controller Intel R ICH Family XP Freezes at Welcome/Login Screen: Only Boots in Safe Mode USB Universal Host Controller - NoDB USB Controller Intel R ICH Family USB Universal Host Controller - NoDB USB Controller Intel R ICH Family USB XP Freezes at Welcome/Login Screen: Only Boots in Safe Mode Universal Host Controller - NoDB USB Controller Intel R ICH Family USB Enhanced Host Controller - A NoDB USB Controller Intel R ICH Family USB Enhanced Host Controller - C NoDB USB Device Realtek RTL CU Wireless LAN n USB Network Adapter USB Device USB Composite Device USB Device USB Video Device Battery Microsoft AC Adapter Battery Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery -------- Debug - PCI ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- B D A F Intel R ICH Family USB XP Freezes at Welcome/Login Screen: Only Boots in Safe Mode Enhanced Host Controller - C NoDB Offset C C Offset Offset Offset Offset Offset Offset Offset Offset Offset Offset A Offset B Offset C Offset D Offset E Offset F B D D F Intel R ICH Family USB Enhanced Host Controller - A NoDB Offset A C Offset Offset Offset Offset Offset Offset Offset Offset Offset Offset A Offset B Offset C Offset D Offset E Offset F B D D F Intel R ICH Family USB Universal Host Controller - NoDB Offset C Offset Offset Offset Offset Offset Offset Offset Offset Offset Offset A Offset B Offset C Offset D Offset E Offset F B D A F Intel R ICH Family USB Universal Host Controller - NoDB Offset C Offset Offset Offset Offset Offset Offset Offset Offset Offset Offset A Offset B Offset C Offset D Offset E Offset F B D D F Intel R ICH Family USB Universal Host Controller - NoDB Offset C Offset Offset Offset Offset Offset Offset Offset Offset Offset Offset A Offset B Offset C Offset D Offset E Offset F B D D F Intel R ICH Family USB Universal Ho... Read more

A:XP Freezes at Welcome/Login Screen: Only Boots in Safe Mode

Hi

Follow the steps in this article to perform a clean startup:
Perform a clean startup to determine whether background programs are interfering with your game or program
You will have to start in safe mode to run the msconfig utility.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/xp-freezes-at-welcome-login-screen-only-boots-in-safe-mode-611243.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello All As of this morning my PC running XP Pro SP hangs at the Welcome screen I am able to type in my password and hear the log on sound but the welcome screen stays and the OS never loads It loaded once on about the tenth attempt but I believe quot explorer exe quot did not I had blue screen on my start bar quick launches and system tray could not use in Only Screen: Safe Mode Boots at Freezes Welcome/Login XP CTRL ALT DEL or SUPER R to run a command and could not load any shortcuts from my desktop I am able to boot into Safe Mode standard with Networking and with Command Prompt without a problem I have attempted reinstalling my Chipset and VGA drivers to no avail I have also run Malware and Spyware Doctor scans and show no issues My login screen is customized from Tune Up Utilities however I cannot uninstall the program from safe mode Additionally though my boot and welcome screen are custom they both run when I boot into safe mode which as mentioned I can do without incident Here is my hardware profile from Everest Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Professional WinXP Retail Date - - Time -------- Summary ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Computer Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Professional OS Service Pack Service Pack DirectX DirectX c Motherboard CPU Type Intel Pentium III Xeon MHz Motherboard Name Acer Aspire Z Motherboard Chipset Unknown System Memory MB BIOS Type Insyde Storage IDE Controller Intel R ICH M-E M SATA AHCI Controller SCSI RAID Controller MagicISO SCSI Host Controller Disk Drive WDC WD BEVS- RST GB IDE Optical Drive MagicISO Virtual DVD-ROM Optical Drive Optiarc DVD RW AD- H SMART Hard Disks Status OK Partitions C NTFS MB MB free Input Keyboard Standard -Key or Microsoft Natural PS Keyboard Mouse PS Compatible Mouse Network Network Adapter Atheros AR PCI-E Fast Ethernet Controller Network Adapter Realtek XP Freezes at Welcome/Login Screen: Only Boots in Safe Mode RTL CU XP Freezes at Welcome/Login Screen: Only Boots in Safe Mode Wireless LAN n USB Network Adapter Peripherals USB Controller Intel R ICH Family USB Universal Host Controller - NoDB USB Controller Intel R ICH Family USB Universal Host Controller - NoDB USB Controller Intel R ICH Family USB Universal Host Controller - NoDB USB Controller Intel R ICH Family USB Universal Host Controller - NoDB USB Controller Intel R ICH Family USB Universal Host Controller - NoDB USB Controller Intel R ICH Family USB Enhanced Host Controller - A NoDB USB Controller Intel R ICH Family USB Enhanced Host Controller - C NoDB USB Device Realtek RTL CU Wireless LAN n USB Network Adapter USB Device USB Composite Device USB Device USB Video Device Battery Microsoft AC Adapter Battery Microsoft ACPI-Compliant Control Method Battery I m showing no errors anywhere have run disk defrags registry cleans and everything else I can think of all to no avail I did back up all my data but don t want to go through an entire fresh install as I have some odd programs I d need to dig out the CD Keys for I have attempted an msconfig quot clean quot boot only MS services and chkdsk - all to no avail If anyone has any suggestions or require further information to diagnose the problem I would be most grateful Regards Barabaskid nbsp

Relevancy 49.88%

Running Win Home Premium bit on a Lenovo Ideapad Laptop Note I'm not particularly tech-savvy so I apologize if this seems incoherent to you Two days ago I was trying to make my monitor display just a little less contrast so I opened a utility called Intel HD Graphics that I found on the bottom right toolbar and it had sliders with which I fixed the problem boots desktop, Maybe problem? Computer then Graphics freezes. to a But then I noticed a slider called quot Hue quot and by moving that quickly from side to side my monitor went from blue to green to pink to yellow and back again what can I say Computer boots to desktop, then freezes. Maybe a Graphics problem? I'm easily entertained Anyway the computer froze up and I had to rude boot it From then on I would start the computer and it would look good like it would start for real and I would even see some icons on the desktop but then it would freeze up and I'd have to rude boot it again It still works in Safe Mode Any help

A:Computer boots to desktop, then freezes. Maybe a Graphics problem?

In Safe Mode, open a Command Prompt, type chkdsk /r and press Enter.
You will see a message like this:

Quote:
>chkdsk /r
The type of the file system is NTFS.
Cannot lock current drive.

Chkdsk cannot run because the volume is in use by another
process. Would you like to schedule this volume to be
checked the next time the system restarts? (Y/N)

Enter Y then reboot normally. Let chkdsk run to completion. This can take and hour or more.

See if that fixes the problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/215783-computer-boots-desktop-then-freezes-maybe-graphics-problem.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi For some time now my BIOS has stopped working When i press delete to start the BIOS when i boot it shows a static white line no blinking See this image Imgur However if I do not try to get to the BIOS the computer will boot and work fine and has worked for over a year without problems I still feels it is a problem and as on computer BIOS load, freezes fine boots but I want to upgrade my Hard drive and OS soon I'd like to fix this strange bug The bug first appeared after I installed two SSDs wich worked fine at first as i successfully configured the SSD but while reinstalling windows it bugged at some BIOS freezes on load, but computer boots fine point Things I tried Unplugging all HDD - gt same problem upgrading BIOS - gt Cant since the update I got from MSI requires to go into the BIOS to update System information MSI Dominator laptop Driver page Notebook - The best gaming notebook provider Possible solutions Repair BIOS in some way the functionality seems fine I think only the displaying part has a problem Upgrading BIOS whithout actually going into the BIOS Thank you for your time and if I didn't provide enough info please say so i'll try to fix it

A:BIOS freezes on load, but computer boots fine

Quote:
Repair BIOS in some way? the functionality seems fine, I think only the displaying part has a problem.
Upgrading BIOS whithout actually going into the BIOS?

Shut down and pull the power cord out of the Notebook/Laptop then remove the battery and wait a few minutes before trying again.
Remove the SSD and try to boot into the BIOS, see what happens. Worst thing would be a notice of no boot device.
Flashing the BIOS with the same or newer file will depend upon how it is done for your computer, whether it needs the software on a floppy disk, a CD, a USB Thumb/Flash drive or can be done from within Windows.

One way to reset the BIOS on a Desktop is to pull all the power, wait a minute then remove the CMOS battery, about the size of a quarter, put it all back and try again. A similar procedure can be used with a Notebook but much more difficult to get at it and requires some experience and patience.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/378928-bios-freezes-load-but-computer-boots-fine.html
Relevancy 49.88%

My PC was given to me as a gift but I was given it used from the previous owner and later found out it was refurbished It is a Gateway NV A I have always had issues with BSOD's and Windows errors and most of them starts, Computer and black screen up at boots freezes either Computer starts, boots up and freezes at black screen driver or memory related I fixed and updated all drivers but never did anything about memory except maybe some tests and they all came out fine days ago I was using my PC just browsing a Web page and suddenly the screen went black I thought it was the lcd but I closed the lid to see if it would go into standby mode and it just stood there powered on and frozen The only way it would react was if I manually turned it off holding power button Sometimes it does boot up sometimes it gets farther than others What I mean is sometimes it gets past the Gateway logo and crashes there sometimes it boots up to to the home screen and sometimes it doesn't even boot How far it gets depends on how long the PC has been turned off Odd I know Anyways I found out my motherboard requires ram with mhz fsb whereas the current ram sticks it has installed are mhz I was told new ram with mhz would fix my issues and allow my PC tu boot and run fine as it always did but I just wanted to be sure that's my Issue and I also wanted to know how come the computer ran fine with the exception of BSOD's and some errors occurring every now and then before and now Computer starts, boots up and freezes at black screen suddenly I'm screwed I'm currently using two GB DDR Ram memory sticks The brand and model of each stick is Computer starts, boots up and freezes at black screen Nanya nt gc b b ns-cg Thanks in advanced and if any more info is needed let me know and I'll try my best to give it as I'm not exactly a pro in PC's yet

A:Computer starts, boots up and freezes at black screen

There is no issue in running slower (800mhz) RAM in a system that can run the faster (1066mhz) RAM. This, alone, will not cause this kind of problem. You got bad advice.

Do you know if this was the original RAM that came with the laptop? (Not very important but good info if you know)

It is possible that the RAM is defective, or the wrong specs for that laptop, or the two sticks have mis-matched specs, but if you ran a memory tester like Memtest86+ then any problems would have shown up there.

Your symptoms sound more like a power problem. At least that is where I would start. One thing you could try as a test is to remove the battery and run the laptop on just the power supply. Let's see if that changes anything.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/257020-computer-starts-boots-up-freezes-black-screen.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hi I m having problems booting my computer A majority of times if does it pretty and properly start XP sometimes freezes PC only quick boots when i push the power on absolultely nothign will happen other than the lights on the optical drive flash for a bit and the power light it won t even make a beep noise or the monitor won t turn on Sometimes it will start and then completely freeze shortly after using it for a while This has been happening for the past months but it seems to go through spurts of working PC only boots properly sometimes and if it does start XP freezes pretty quick fine and not workign for a while I recently reformated my computer and reinstalled windows XP home thinking that maybe that was the problem but it seems to have the same symptoms I m not sure if this is a hardware problem or software related To me it seems more hardware related but I do not know much about hardware If it is hardware where would be the best place to begin to check and how to check those hardware components My systems consists of AMD Athlon XP LG Burner pioneer X dvd GB HD MB DDR RAM MSI GeForce MB Video Card Thanks Nick nbsp

A:PC only boots properly sometimes and if it does start XP freezes pretty quick

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-only-boots-properly-sometimes-and-if-it-does-start-xp-freezes-pretty-quick.392617/
Relevancy 49.88%

I have an ASUS n vn laptop that is about years old It came with OEM Windows Vista but I installed my own copy of Windows Professional bit more than two years ago and there was no problem upon installation Lately for about a month I have been receiving on Daily BSOD freezes random boots cold & BSOD either during boot or the log-in screen The BSOD usually happens only once per day and I would be forced to restart my computer No BSOD upon restart I suspect the problem occurs when the laptop is cold I have attached the BSOD Dump Daily BSOD on cold boots & random freezes files collected over the past month The only driver change I've had was nVidia graphic driver updates I've uninstalled and reinstalled the two most recent drivers and the BSOD problem still occurs On a side note I have been getting random freeze-ups too and this has been happening before the BSOD problem These freezes occur when I'm doing regular tasks such as web browsing or Daily BSOD on cold boots & random freezes typing in Word Excel etc When my system freezes there is no BSOD but nothing can Daily BSOD on cold boots & random freezes be moved keyboard mouse won't do anything Closing lid does nothing too Strangely I have not been getting this kind of freezes when I play games I am having a hard time pinpointing the source of the problems Any assistance is much appreciated Quick rundown of specs -Windows Professional bit retail -Age of hardware years -Age of OS -Processor Intel core duo P GHz -RAM GB -GPU GeForce m GT

A:Daily BSOD on cold boots & random freezes

Hi.

You have both avast and comodo internet security installed in your system.

Remove them both.

Download,install and use Microsoft Security Essentials with windows firewall.

Finish with this and post back.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/199027-daily-bsod-cold-boots-random-freezes.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hey everyone I m so glad I found this forum as I ve been struggling with this issue for the entire day now I ve been few a minutes freezes System after experiencing random slow-downs for the past couple days have no idea why but it has been really minor However today when I switched on my PC it was absolutely toasted The first time it started up loading all of the processes it just immediately System freezes after a few minutes froze as in the whole system stop responding So originally I thought It was System freezes after a few minutes a probably the random slow-downs I ve been experiencing lately but just a bit more severe So a simple reboot should do the trick Boy was I wrong the other times it would load up all the processes but after minutes of using it the cursor would become extremely laggy and then of course would just freeze Because of that it forces me to hard reset the PC as there was no other alternative This issue happens again and again Out of frustration I rebooted into Safe Mode without networking and scanned for malware using malwarebytes and avast AV first quick scanned and then thoroughly scanned in case of trojans and malware But even with the flash scan the quick and thorough scans nothing popped up So then I thought it was a service or driver issue so I reinstalled my display nVidia GTX drivers but nup However I havn t updated any other drivers since there are so difficult to find but I will if it is a solution Therefore my alternative line of thinking was to isolate all processes Msconfig d and selected a quot Selective startup quot which only loads the system drivers and services nothing else It worked like a charm until hr later when it froze again forcing me to hard reset I don t know what s going on It works perfectly in Safe Mode and with networking but when normal it it works for some time flawlessy before it freezes I ve tried scanning for malware and reinstalled the display driver and memory tested HDD tested without any errors Should I just restore back to my old drivers or in the worse case a full dell factory reset That would require a backup of my whole system as I m not taking any chances of data loss it s my Work PC I thought it was a hardware issue but since the temperatures were at c to an absolute maximum of c I thought it was acceptable GPU was at cish Also if it were a hardware issue it would ve froze in Safe Mode and the normal start-up right Hope someone can help me Hijack this Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C Users Prav AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Prav AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Prav AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Prav AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Users Prav AppData Local Google Chrome Application chrome exe C Program Files x Trend Micro HiJackThis HiJackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http g jp msn com USCON R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http theage com au R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htm R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - HKCU Software Micr... Read more