Windows Support Forum

BSOD after laptop keyboard replaced.

Q: BSOD after laptop keyboard replaced.

Hey

Having a problem with this laptop here. Its an Samsung Notebook NP N102.

It was givin to me to fix, the keyboard had liquid spilled on it so I bought a new one to replace it. When I put the new keyboard in windows loaded up and looked like it was tryin to install the drivers or something fo the keyboard.

Nothing will work on windows, I cant get into exploreer, start menu or any other thing on the computer.

It then goes to BSOD and says somehting about "Bad pool header"

I have tried running in safe mode also and it still crashed to BSOD.

Anyone got any ideas on how to fix this?

Thanks!

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: BSOD after laptop keyboard replaced.

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: BSOD after laptop keyboard replaced.

got another BSOD there it said something about win32.sys

its to quick for me to read

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/306688-bsod-after-laptop-keyboard-replaced.html
Relevancy 67.51%

My monitor goes black and I am forced to reboot After rebooting I get a blue screen prompt telling me replaced RAM, BSOD error) 0x116 replaced (stop PSU Replaced GPU, that i've recovered from a BSOD I've been monitoring them since October In October I RMA'd my graphics card Oct You can see that after I got BSOD 0x116 (stop error) Replaced GPU, replaced RAM, replaced PSU a new GPU my BSOD's halted so obviously its the GPU right if you look at my BSOD dumps the last one is OCT new BSOD 0x116 (stop error) Replaced GPU, replaced RAM, replaced PSU gpu and i don't get one until Feb So on Feb I call up eVGA again and say ok so my GPU is bad again and I wonder if its something im doing to kill them So I am going to get a second RMA and the tech tells me that they received my first card and they ran it for over a hour in a diagnostic app and didn't have a single problem aka my card was fine so i explain my BSOD issues and the tech tells me that it may be a voltage issue and that it may be my power supply soooooooooo I goto Tiger Direct down the street and buy a quot whatever i can get quot thats over watts supply because I have a watt PSU and obviously its not enough power so i go big and guess what My last BSOD dump before the PSU is March So new PSU and I don't get a single BSOD until So I have attached quot All quot of my dumps and all my info with the issues My problem is if its quot not quot my GPU why did getting a new one give me no BSOD for months my problem is if its quot not quot my PSU why did getting a new one march let my PC run till with no BSOD's again months is this not randomly coincidentally off i mean why would a new GPU make it work for months then find out from eVGA my old GPU was fine then why did a new PSU make it work when my old one quot was quot working fine minus the BSOD's which make me wonder if the PSU is the issue again why would it magically just work with no setting changes for months or is there something coincidental about my issues like maybe something im missing also my motherboard is out of warranty by a few months so Gigabyte said too bad but they said quot oh well a stop error like that sounds like RAM quot but i replaced my Ram with Corsair all new sticks i also set up my voltages in my BIOS to the right voltages the right RAM timings the right everything i think I have a liquid cooled PC so its hard to just pull a CPU or pull a GPU and swap it around Also my BSOD's happen randomly usually in the first minutes then usually not again for hours or days its rare that i have BSOD dumps in day and after it BSOD's i reboot and run it all day so its not like i keep it off and my temps are stupid sexy - c for CPU under full load and GPU sits at - all day long its not a temp issue because if it was why would it happen instantly then not again and i can game all day and night with no issues its just a SUPER RANDOM thing to me also if i dual boot into mac like a hacintosh my mac also black screens and reboots so its the same stop video issue thats happening Also im a MSDN subscriber so i have tried a fresh ISO of win and or win 's different media x burn speed the works thinking that maybe its OS related which im pretty dang sure its not if anyone can give me some better insight that would be really helpful Don't wanna dump into a rd PSU or RMA my GPU again but eVGA said i can so please give me some solid advice thanks

A:BSOD 0x116 (stop error) Replaced GPU, replaced RAM, replaced PSU

Hi Zuriel.

I read your OP. I would suggest you to have an open mind; and dont decide that it is not it. Because during troubleshooting you have to get everything tested.

The BSOD is a stop 0x116. That is an error from the part of the display environment. That means ....
The GPU itself
The display driver
The PSU
The system temps and dust allocation inside the computer
The hardware parts like GPU fans
Overclocking failure
And etc. I would suggest you to go through a thorough troubleshooting, whatever may be the idea you may have about those.

Are you overclocking? As you are getting BSODs, you should stop overclocking and run all the hardware components like CPU, GPU and RAM to their default settings.

Check if the Power Supply Unit (PSU, 850 watts you said) supplying adequate power to the computer or not.
eXtreme Power Supply Calculator v2.5

Is the computer hot? Report us the heat of the computer after a couple of hours of your normal usage. Upload a screenshot of the summery tab of Speccy. Alternatively, you can publish a Speccy snapshot too: Speccy - Publish Snapshot of your System Specs .

Stress test the Graphics Card using Furmark.
Video Card - Stress Test with Furmark

Install the NVIDIA DRIVERS 314.22WHQL only, at least as a test. Because it never fails on itself.
Uninstall All nvidia items in Control Panel > Programs and features3D Vision Control Driver
3D Vision Driver
Graphics Driver
HD Audio Driver
PhysX
nvidia Update
(Are you using nvidia chipset drivers? If so, dont uninstall anything other than those are listed).
Now follow Drivers - Clean Left over Files after Uninstalling
Boot normally now. Go to Drivers - Download NVIDIA Drivers, Download 314.22 WHQL. While installing, Select Custom (Advanced) install. In the next page, follow this settings:
Let us know the results.

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 116, {fffffa80132af4e0, fffff880101fb608, ffffffffc000009a, 4}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+9a3608 )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

11: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (116)
Attempt to reset the display driver and recover from timeout failed.
Arguments:
Arg1: fffffa80132af4e0, Optional pointer to internal TDR recovery context (TDR_RECOVERY_CONTEXT).
Arg2: fffff880101fb608, The pointer into responsible device driver module (e.g. owner tag).
Arg3: ffffffffc000009a, Optional error code (NTSTATUS) of the last failed operation.
Arg4: 0000000000000004, Optional internal context dependent data.

Debugging Details:
------------------
FAULTING_IP:
nvlddmkm+9a3608
fffff880`101fb608 48ff258159edff jmp qword ptr [nvlddmkm+0x878f90 (fffff880`100d0f90)]

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: GRAPHICS_DRIVER_TDR_FAULT

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x116

PROCESS_NAME: System

CURRENT_IRQL: 0

ANALYSIS_VERSION: 6.3.9600.16384 (debuggers(dbg).130821-1623) amd64fre

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`09ff7b88 fffff880`10541140 : 00000000`00000116 fffffa80`132af4e0 fffff880`101fb608 ffffffff`c000... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/336425-bsod-0x116-stop-error-replaced-gpu-replaced-ram-replaced-psu.html
Relevancy 54.18%

I picked a guy off of Craigslist services to fix the dc jack on my HP Pavillion laptop (zv5000). Got the laptop back a day later and now the keyboard doesn't work, at all. I called him up and he says to bring it back and he'll fix it. He thinks it's a simple "connector" fix, but now I don't trust him. What do you think? I'm nervous about letting him touch it again.

A:Keyboard dead after DC jack replaced

Well, you can either have him fix it, or someone else. Perhaps if it's so "simple", you can watch him fix it. I think it may be just the seating of the flex cable to the keyboard, but that's obviously a guess.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keyboard-dead-after-dc-jack-replaced.527464/
Relevancy 54.18%

Hey all,
I have a standard Lenovo Thninkpad T61P, i recently had my motherboard replaced on the advice of my school's tech group. I am now having issues with the keybinds in certain programs. Mostly games, but a few others as well. (ie when i use w to move forward it is reading the input as an incrementing digit, each time i press w it things i am moving up the number line, from 1 to 2 to 3, and so on)
I have reinstalled the programs, and tried new ones that i have not had before and the problem continues.
Is this something that replacing the mother board would have caused or is this likely another issue. Any help that can be given would be great, thanks.
Mike

A:Motherboard replaced, keyboard issues

What was the problem before the motherboard was replaced, did it have anything to do with the keyboard?

If there is more than one key that is playing up you need to check the cable connection from your keyboard to the motherboard.

Outside of game use what problems are you having with the keyboard?

Check that you have the keyboard set for the correct language.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/motherboard-replaced-keyboard-issues.164542/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello -

My computer was suddenly not powering on. I replaced the power supply, and the computer booted up, albeit with 1 short beep followed by 3 short beeps at POST. I'm not sure what BIOS it is, but it is a 3-ish year old Asus motherboard.

The problem now is - it will boot to the Win XP login prompt, however it is completely unresponsive to my USB keyboard and mouse. Oddly, I believe it is providing USB power because I have another peripheral (USB MIDI synthesizer) hooked up that powers up just fine.

I tried pulling 3V CMOS battery, different USB mice/keyboards etc, no luck. Any ideas why the USB mouse/keyboard are not working after replacing PSU?

thanks!

A:Replaced power supply, USB keyboard/mouse unresponsive

Which Asus board and what PSU did you use?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/replaced-power-supply-usb-keyboard-mouse-unresponsive-486563.html
Relevancy 52.89%

This is the most annoying thing ever. Finally my computer works great due to my new keyboard but sadly every time I turn on the computer it takes about two minutes to even get on, but once the beeping finally stops my computer acts normally.

So does anyone know what I can do? I saw the professional even get the old keyboard out and then put the new keyboard in, so I don't know what could have happened that caused the computer to do the beeping at the start up screen.

A:Replaced Keyboard, Since Then LONG Beeping at Start Up Screen! Help!

What was wrong before that caused you to replace the keyboard?
What type of keyboards are they, PS2 or USB?
Is the beep a BIOS beep or a windows beep?
Is it one continuous beep or a series of beeps?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/136087-replaced-keyboard-since-then-long-beeping-start-up-screen-help.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Ok so a whole slew of problems and I am sure there is a simple solution if not then theres always a technician I can make a visit to I own a HP Pavillion Laptop dv ca - bought it at best buy on boxing day I DO have antivirus running - Kaspersky antivirus so Mouse, Keyboard LAPTOP: not BSOD, working I know this is not a virus issue or some sort of hack that I downloaded I don't download anything on my school laptop - everything i put on it is bought and legitimate Alright So it starts with my deciding to update my computer and get it running up to date I did windows Update and went through all that and it restarted computer - it was fine I decided to update my graphics drivers so I headed over to LAPTOP: BSOD, Mouse, Keyboard not working the HP website and got it but realized - HEY this driver is an old driver There is a newer version LAPTOP: BSOD, Mouse, Keyboard not working out but nVidia com doesnt have the driver for my laptop Ok lets head over to laptopvideo go and see if there is a rd party driver As a note I have used them before they always worked fine I looked for compatibility on the driver i decided to install and it said it would work Installed it and then I get the dreaded BSOD Well not to worry ive dealt with it before so I decide to boot safe mode No dice the laptops keyboard isnt working Neither is the mousepad when it tries to do a system repair and asks me to do a system restore NOTE i am trying to avoid the restore as I have important class notes and e-mails in my quot outlook quot now windows mail that I NEED I have not made a restore point and can not afford to lose these files also why i am avoiding the whole system reset Plus i don't have the vista cds and don't want to order and wait for them External USB mouse and Keyboard not loading either so hitting F to get to the damn safe mode boot doesnt work either I do not have a PS port for another keyboard or mouse so PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE help I am very much of the opinion I will receive a quot your laptop is nerfed screwed dead garbage needstobesentout repairs quot response so tell the truth anything and everything will be considered thanks to top it all off i signed up for the forums and typoed my name great

A:LAPTOP: BSOD, Mouse, Keyboard not working

Quote:

Originally Posted by luiscocneicao

. . .I own a HP Pavillion Laptop dv2618ca - bought it at best buy. . . I get the dreaded BSOD. Well, not to worry ive dealt with it before so I decide to boot safe mode... No dice, the laptops keyboard isnt working. Neither is the mousepad when it tries to do a system repair and asks me to do a system restore.

**NOTE** i am trying to avoid the restore as I have important class notes and e-mails in my "outlook" ( now windows mail) that I NEED. I have not made a restore point and can not afford to lose these files. also why i am avoiding the whole system reset. Plus i don't have the vista cds and don't want to order and wait for them.

External USB mouse and Keyboard not loading either, so hitting F8 to get to the damn safe mode boot doesnt work either. . . thanks

First, the default location that Windows Mail uses is:
c:\users\%username%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Mail. A system restore would not affect this.

Do you know whether or not your laptop contains a hidden recovery hard drive partition? It most likely would be drive d:. To activate the HP Recovery Manager, press "F11" repeatedly upon boot-up; however, you said that your keyboard does not work. My only suggestion at this time, assuming the recovery hard drive partition exists, would be to force the laptop to crash on boot-up as this would most likely cause the HP Recovey Manager to invoke itself and load basic system drivers, thus giving you keyboard control. One way may be to use a Vista Operating System (OS) Upgrade DVD; another is to use a non-Windows OS CD. I have used both methods successfully to resolve different issues.

My last thought - Have you contacted HP support?

Good Luck. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/laptop-bsod-mouse-keyboard-not-working-223619.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Here's the clif notes: Got a brand new (not refurb) lenovo desktop. win 7 62 bit - blue screen all the time, random times. I'm not a gamer, i had very little installed.

Took a picture, called support with the code, they sent a guy out and he replaced my motherboard. All seemed good - for a few hours. Got two new bsod. Attached are the 2 recent minidumps and a screenshot of my specs, and that other file requested.

Hope you guys can help. I am still under warrantee and can probably raise hell and get another new machine, but it's been 3 weeks and I just want to use the thing

Thanks

A:New Lenovo - BSOD, Warrantee Replaced Motherboard, New BSOD 3 weeks

Hello, welcome to SevenForums!

Nothing shown as far as processes go, and you have a 109* critical structure corruption bugcheck for one of the two dumps, so it's most likely hardware related, usually memory of hard drive.

I would recommend running Memtest to ensure your memory isn't faulty.

Check your hard drive for any errors as well with chkdsk:

Open the "Computer" window
Right-click on the drive in question
Select the "Tools" tab
In the Error-checking area, click <Check Now>.
Drivers in need of update:

Quote:

LVUSBS64.sys - LVUSBS64 Thu Oct 11 21:39:40 2007 (Logitech Camera driver). Update here.

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3b)
An exception happened while executing a system service routine.
Arguments:
Arg1: 00000000c0000005, Exception code that caused the bugcheck
Arg2: fffff960001360e8, Address of the instruction which caused the bugcheck
Arg3: fffff8800a9cad00, Address of the context record for the exception that caused the bugcheck
Arg4: 0000000000000000, zero.

Debugging Details:
------------------
EXCEPTION_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000005 - The instruction at 0x%08lx referenced memory at 0x%08lx. The memory could not be %s.

FAULTING_IP:
win32k!GreUpdateSpriteVisRgn+c8
fffff960`001360e8 498b5528 mov rdx,qword ptr [r13+28h]

CONTEXT: fffff8800a9cad00 -- (.cxr 0xfffff8800a9cad00)
rax=fbfff900c0ce84a0 rbx=fffffa8009de7bf0 rcx=040006ff3f317b48
rdx=0000000000000100 rsi=fffff900c00d20a0 rdi=0000000000000001
rip=fffff960001360e8 rsp=fffff8800a9cb6e0 rbp=fffff900c00d2280
r8=fffff900c00d20a0 r9=0000000000000000 r10=fffff900c00d20a0
r11=fffff900c334ca80 r12=0000000000000000 r13=fbfff900c0ce84a0
r14=0000000000000004 r15=fffff900c0e00b90
iopl=0 nv up ei ng nz na po nc
cs=0010 ss=0018 ds=002b es=002b fs=0053 gs=002b efl=00210286
win32k!GreUpdateSpriteVisRgn+0xc8:
fffff960`001360e8 498b5528 mov rdx,qword ptr [r13+28h] ds:002b:fbfff900`c0ce84c8=????????????????
Resetting default scope

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x3B

PROCESS_NAME: chrome.exe

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from 0000000000000000 to fffff960001360e8

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`0a9cb6e0 00000000`00000000 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : win32k!GreUpdateSpriteVisRgn+0xc8
FOLLOWUP_IP:
win32k!GreUpdateSpriteVisRgn+c8
fffff960`001360e8 498b5528 mov rdx,qword ptr [r13+28h]

SYMBOL_STACK_INDEX: 0

SYMBOL_NAME: win32k!GreUpdateSpriteVisRgn+c8

FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: win32k

IMAGE_NAME: win32k.sys

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 4f10ff24

STACK_COMMAND: .cxr 0xfffff8800a9cad00 ; kb

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x3B_win32k!GreUpdateSpriteVisRgn+c8

BUCKET_ID: X64_0x3B_win32k!GreUpdateSpriteVisRgn+c8

------------------------------------

* Bugcheck Analysis *

CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION (109)
This bugcheck is generated when the kernel detects that critical kernel code or
data have been corrupted. There are generally three causes for a corruption:
1) A driver has inadvertently or deliberately modified critical kernel code
or data. See htt... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/216169-new-lenovo-bsod-warrantee-replaced-motherboard-new-bsod-3-weeks.html
Relevancy 50.31%

So I plugged a mac keyboard into my pc laptop and now ....

Some of the keys in my laptop keyboard work and some end up typing something completely different than what they are.

Anyone know how to fix this? I googled for a solution and couldn't find any results

A:Solved: Plugged a keyboard into my laptop. Now my laptop keyboard doesn't work

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-plugged-a-keyboard-into-my-laptop-now-my-laptop-keyboard-doesnt-work.854159/
Relevancy 49.45%

Dear HP TEAM, My Laptop's screen has been broken. Due to this problem, NOW It is not usable. Not only just the screen, Can the LID be Replaced?It would be really helpful if the LID can be replaced.Thanks in ADVANCE.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Can-My-Laptop-Lid-be-replaced/td-p/5805410
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello Yesterday I got a BSOD out of the blue while just using chrome I rolled back my video card drivers tried a different video card no video card all resulted in a replaced hdd BSOD BSOD - clean still + install, crash soon after startup It did not crash in safe mode and I ran seatools on my hard drive and it said there were bad sectors that it couldn't fix So I bought a new HDD and SSD and made a fresh install of windows on them With the new drives OS I no longer crashed at starup and I thought I was good until it crashed again a few hours later So then I ran memtest came back errors I updated my motherboard BIOS tried multiple previous versions of nvidia drivers updated intel chipset put in new SATA cables into different ports tried each stick of ram independently Same result evrey time Today I turned on driver verifier for non-windows drivers and was able to induce bsod much more frequently every few minuted vs hours I only have the logs from after I turned on driver verifier BSOD - replaced hdd + clean install, still BSOD because they werent saving originally I really have no idea what to try anymore and I really hope you guys can help

A:BSOD - replaced hdd + clean install, still BSOD

You need to update the driver to the 2.4GHz Wireless Lite-N PCI-E Adapter. It is old enough.

Code:
Image name: athrx.sys
Browse all global symbols functions data
Timestamp: Wed Nov 24 05:41:58 2010 (4CEC584E)
And it is the cause of the issue.

Code:
BugCheck D1, {0, 2, 1, fffff88004331464}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for athrx.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for athrx.sys
Probably caused by : athrx.sys ( athrx+12c464 )

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/391009-bsod-replaced-hdd-clean-install-still-bsod.html
Relevancy 49.02%

e1-531-4861 Hd is 750gb seagat nad has been bad since i purchased...finally crashed and i want to replace with my 250gb used toshiba. When i put in the new HD Erecovery says cant refresh or restore as drivwe is write protected which isnt true. put my old one back in get same message? what can i do?

A:when i replaced HD on aspire laptop put in new Hd ...

check on BIOS if HDD password is set to frozen:http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/32674/~/bios-password-frozen

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-8-1/when-i-replaced-HD-on-aspire-laptop-put-in-new-Hd-and-acer/td-p/391268
Relevancy 49.02%

My wife got a laptop for christmas and I decided to upgrade the memory.Came with 512MB, upgraded to 2GB. Long story short, when I tried to pull the memory stick out I busted the tabs that hold it down. The plastic split and now the stick is stuck up. (in the position where you first push the memory in)

Is there some kind of glue I can use to stick the plastic back together so the memory seats the way it's supposed to?

A:Replaced laptop memory

So I'm guessing no one has ever heard of this happening before?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/replaced-laptop-memory.894715/
Relevancy 49.02%

e1-531-4861 Hd is 750gb seagat nad has been bad since i purchased...finally crashed and i want to replace with my 250gb used toshiba. When i put in the new HD Erecovery says cant refresh or restore as drivwe is write protected which isnt true. put my old one back in get same message? what can i do?

A:when i replaced HD on aspire laptop put in new Hd ...

check on BIOS if HDD password is set to frozen:http://acer.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/32674/~/bios-password-frozen

http://community.acer.com/t5/Windows-8-1/when-i-replaced-HD-on-aspire-laptop-put-in-new-Hd-and-acer/td-p/391268/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 48.59%

Recently replaced my Curcial M4 with a Corsair Neutron GTX about 3 weeks ago.

Restored the OS from the original Lenovo Z570 restoration disk and has been running fine.

Just got a sudden BSOD when browsing outlooking. BCCode:50.

Please help, thank you.

A:BSOD replaced SSD

Hi,

From your logs:

Code:

* Bugcheck Analysis *
BugCheck 50, {fffffa8207590c38, 0, fffff88001b7043a, 5}

Could not read faulting driver name
Probably caused by : afd.sys ( afd!AfdTLReleaseIndications+1a )
Stop message 0x00000050 Descriptive text: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
Usual cause: Requested data is not found in memory. This might be caused by a printer driver or remote access driver

Update Lenovo Boot optimiser program or uninstall as the programs driver is causing issues:

Code:
Driver: fbfmon.sys
Dated: Wed Nov 24 09:42:09 2010
Refers to: Lenovo EE Boot Optimizer driver
http://support.lenovo.com/en_GB/

I would suggest to Free up the startup.

Click on the Start button
Type msconfig , click the resulting link.
It will open the System Configuration window.
Select the “Startup” tab.
Deselect all items other than the antivirus and any essential startup items.
Apply > OK
Accept then restart the computer.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Take memtest. Run for 8 passes and test each stick in a know good slot for an additional 6 passes.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/105647-ram-test-memtest86.html

Tip
Run these tests overnight

Have you updated the firmware on your SSD?:
Intel SSD updates

(Please read all instructions before proceeding)

cheers

Dave

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/291573-bsod-replaced-ssd.html
Relevancy 48.59%

I have frequently seen questions about How can I upgrade the CPU in my laptop or What graphics card or upgraded be Laptop replaced and cannot usually CPU upgrades: GPU should I get with my laptop so I can upgrade it later Laptop upgrades: CPU and GPU usually cannot be upgraded or replaced In most cases these upgrades cannot be done o Almost all notebooks do not have graphics cards the way a desktop machine has They either use the onboard graphics on the CPU and passed through the chipset or have a graphics chip attached to the motherboard o In the case of onboard graphics for Intel your Device Manager will show something like Intel R GM GMS GML Express Chip Set This is integrated into the CPU and the motherboard's chipset does not exist as a physically separate object and can't be changed o In the case of a separate graphics chip the motherboard is highly customized for this particular chip It may be compatible with no other chip or a small number of chips in the same family o There is one other case known as MXM which I will discuss later ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- o Whether or not the CPU and or GPU chip can be replaced depends on two things First in many cases they are soldered to the motherboard and cannot be removed Second if they are socketed only a small number of chips will be compatible with the motherboard and you probably won't be able to substitute a chip with higher power consumption the motherboard may not be able to provide it o Socketed machines tend to be both more expensive and uncommon Anyone who can provide a link to examples especially not-expensive ones please PM me so that I can update this o Motherboards are highly customized for the particular machine Its case its power supply the intended CPU and if present GPU the display Unlike a desktop motherboard you cannot simply pull out the motherboard and drop in a new one There will be some limited interchangeability within similar models from the same maker -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- o The exception mentioned above is the MXM or Mobile PCI Express module If a notebook machine supports an MXM card you can use an MXM graphics card In this case the machine will actually have a separate graphics card not the configurations that I described above See https en wikipedia org wiki Mobile PCI Express Module As above if you can provide a link to an example please PM me Here is one http www tomshardware com reviews msi-gt s-titan-sli --------------------------------------------------------------------- As far as other components go o The hard drive SSD is usually simple to replace but this will depend on the machine o The memory is relatively easy to replace but laptops do not take regular desktop memory Their are more compatibility issues with laptop memory than with desktop memory I personally stick to memory I got through the manufacturer o Screen replacement This is a contentious topic I will say that it's possible it's quite difficult and you have to find one of the very few screens that will be compatible with your machine --------------------------------------------------------------------- Note that technically a soldered-on chip can be replaced with one compatible with the same motherboard either to replace a failed one or upgrade within a small range However this requires very expensive soldering equipment and much experience and may be more expensive than replacement Most repair shops will choose to put in a complete replacement motherboard

A:Laptop upgrades: CPU and GPU usually cannot be upgraded or replaced

Great stickey WyomingKnott!

http://www.tomsguide.com/forum/id-2942723/laptop-upgrades-cpu-gpu-upgraded-replaced.html
Relevancy 48.59%

A couple days ago, I dropped my computer and the screen shattered. Afterwords, the screen was white except for the black stipe from it being broken. I replaced the screen and made sure all connections were hooked up correctly. Now, I cannot get the computer to turn on. When plugged in, the orange light is steady. The white light on the power button does not respond. The little light on the side also does not respond when the power button is pressed. I have tried taking the battery out and taking out the power cord and holding the power button for 1 minute and then plugging just the cord in and there is still no response. I have also tried turning it on with just battery power and woth just cord power.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Screen-Replaced-now-laptop-won-t-boot-up/td-p/5754875
Relevancy 48.59%

Replaced my HP Envy laptop battery and now the computer will not turn on.  I put the old battery back on and it does the same thing. Rutt-Row.......

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Replaced-my-HP-laptop-battery-and-now-the-computer-will-not/td-p/5788800
Relevancy 48.59%

Hi, I replaced the fan and put the laptop back together. But, the fan is not working. The fan can rotate freely by hand so it is not stuck. It seems that it tries to start but it doesn't.In the startup it shows this: System Fan (90b) Here is the video of how it looks like.  https://vid.me/xDCw I updated the BIOS for the laptop just in case it is because of that. But it didn't help. It would be nice to have your opinions.  

A:HP ENVY - 15t laptop fan was replaced but still not working ...

Hello, Thank you for posting in the HP Support forum. Welcome! I am sorry for the issues you experience. The startup message just confirms the issue - it is hardware problem related to not working System fan - it doesn't recognize it or it's not working.  I'd suggest you turn to HP Authorized Service Center where the technicians will be able to check the situation live and onsite. You can bring the computer yourself or ship it.  If your computer is under warranty, you should first notify HP support. If you need assistance finding the nearest service center, you can also contact HP Support for assistance. Here are some URLs that you may find helpful:>> http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00372730>> http://www8.hp.com/us/en/store-finder/find.do?bs=SR4&type=authorized>> http://www8.hp.com/uk/en/contact-hp/contact.html  Keep me informed about how it goes.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/HP-ENVY-15t-laptop-fan-was-replaced-but-still-not-working/td-p/5687769
Relevancy 48.59%

I just replaced my laptop's screen and now it won't turn on. The light by the caherger port still turns on, but nothing else happens. There are no noises, no flashing lights, nothing. It's acting like incompatible hardware, but I bought it straight from HP's replacement parts store. What could it be? I really don't know anymore.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/I-replaced-my-laptop-s-screen-and-now-it-won-t-turn-on/td-p/5836101
Relevancy 48.16%

I previously posted an issue that turned out to be that two slots on the motherboard weren't reading the RAM correctly This is that post SOLVED Windows BSOD with various codes on fresh install I sent the computer back to HP for repair They replaced the CPU and motherboard and sent it back All seemed to be going perfectly since yesterday until two issues happened today First I was attempting to plug in headphones to the rear panel but couldn't quite see the holes at one point the computer just completely shut off while I was getting CPU BSOD and HP Still replaced motherboard after plugging the headphones in It wouldn't start for a minute or so until I opened the case pulled out the power and turned it back on After that all Still getting BSOD after HP replaced CPU and motherboard seemed fine again Later tonight the computer froze in Windows for about seconds and then went to BSOD with PFN LIST CORRUPT and BCCODE e I'm back on now and it seems Still getting BSOD after HP replaced CPU and motherboard to be running fine but the problem was intermittent before as well The report is Still getting BSOD after HP replaced CPU and motherboard attached and the details of my computer are contained in the previous post Thank you so much for all of your help

A:Still getting BSOD after HP replaced CPU and motherboard

what are you running
video card
cpu
m/board
ram
power supply
brand
model
wattage
check the listings in the bios for voltages and temperatures and post them

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/still-getting-bsod-after-hp-replaced-cpu-and-motherboard-555576.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello Once or twice a day I get a BSOD while running a few intensive tasks like playing games Now already checked with the temps and cleaned all dust inside the PC and seems to behave the same My idle temps are now degrees on CPU and - on GPU Guess those are the most important ones The BSOD states issue with memory management Now at first I thought this could be RAM so I replaced my RAM with new ones but already replaced regarding memory_management RAM BSOD - the issue seems to not be fixed Now I tried to investigate myself and downloaded BlueScreenView but not BSOD regarding memory_management - replaced RAM already sure how to interpret the info there I think the things in red are BSOD regarding memory_management - replaced RAM already the ones that get the info but just want to make sure I can get some pro info before Ok so here is the mini dump attached https www dropbox com s huag k BSOD regarding memory_management - replaced RAM already fp peip dump rar Could you please point me in the right direction because I get tired with those BSODs and if something is faulty I can simply replace it Just want to replace the thing is having issues not all my PC OK so thanks for the info guys

A:BSOD regarding memory_management - replaced RAM already

Click on button below ....

It will download the DM log collector. Right click on the application and run as administrator. It will generate a .zip file on your desktop. Upload the .zip.
Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/365572-bsod-regarding-memory_management-replaced-ram-already.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello all. I have just replaced my motherboard. The old mobo was Asus p6x58d-e and the new one is a Asus Sabertooth X58.
Both are a very similare spec with all the same components, network/sound etc.

The problem I am having is when i put my HDD back in the machine it blue screens when booting into windows 7(32 bit).
The error is:
"a clock interrupt was not received on a secondary processor within the allocated time"
I can boot into safe mode only. Can anyone advise if there is something i should be doing to get this to work?

Thanks in advance

A:BSOD After Mobo replaced

Boot into safemode with networking... Run windows updates... Motherboard changes are deadly to a pc unless it is the EXACT MoBo. When you change it s best to perform a clean install.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/138931-bsod-after-mobo-replaced.html
Relevancy 48.16%

With the Charger plugged in, laptop works fine but battery is not charging. Replaced the battery and same problem. any ideas as to what else it coud be?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/my-ENVY-laptop-won-t-charge-just-replaced-the-battery-and/td-p/5822358
Relevancy 48.16%

Hello I have a Toshiba Tecra M laptop without a functioning screen The original screen died over the course of a couple of days I believe it Still Doesn't Work Screen Laptop Replaced, was the backlight The screen would go very dark but I could still see images on the screen very faintly I would press the toggle switch that syncs with an external monitor a couple of times and eventually the screen would come on again This went on for a couple of days until finally I could see the screen trying to come on partially lighting one corner but unable to turn on I connected my laptop to an external monitor and was able to get by with that while I waited for my replacement to come I ordered a quot screen caddy quot from eBay the same model as my laptop sold as-is for parts Among the working parts on it were the screen and the fingerpad mouse which I also needed The quot screen caddy quot is unable to boot but it starts the process enough so that you can see the screen does work properly The trouble is that when I put the screen Laptop Screen Replaced, Still Doesn't Work into my own computer Laptop Screen Replaced, Still Doesn't Work I don t get any image at all The symptoms are different from my original problem I m not able to see images on the screen even faintly I can see that the backlight does come on I ve checked the connections and cannot find a problem I m out of ideas for what to try Any suggestions would be most appreciated Thank you nbsp

A:Laptop Screen Replaced, Still Doesn't Work

The backlight is usually all or nothing. Did you change the Inverter as well as the screen ?

Please explain what a 'screen caddy' is and exactly which parts you have exchanged.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-screen-replaced-still-doesnt-work.1075692/
Relevancy 48.16%

The story so far I have an Acer laptop that came with Vista The laptop is several years old now and doesn t get used much When we connected to the internet we used an ethernet cable connected to our wireless modem router We decided to reformat it and replace Vista with XP and can't replaced Vista connect the on to XP internet laptop with and start afresh and just have it for a few basic tasks including using it for itunes with all our various devices I m not extremely computer savvy but I can follow directions and I can do most things with the right instructions So I looked into how to go about the task and found a number of tutes instructions that all seemed very similar so I figured that they must be what I had to do The one I followed explained that I needed to take note of a few devices before hand for the purpose of getting correct drivers The devices I took note of were Display Adapters Mobile Intel reg Express Chipset family Network replaced Vista with XP on laptop and can't connect to the internet Adapter Atheros AR EG Wireless Network Adapter Broadcom Netlink Fast Ethernet Modems Agere Systems HDA Moodem I went looking for the drivers before I started and downloaded what I assume is the drivers for each So then I went about replacing Vista with XP All went well but now when I try to connect nothing happens I m pretty sure that the problem is to do with the drivers but I m not sure what to actually do with these files I have When I go into the device manager there isn t even any mention of networks and modems Hoping someone can point me in the right direction to get it back up and running Thanks Norma

A:replaced Vista with XP on laptop and can't connect to the internet

Hi -
First, did XP fully install and is the laptop operating like an XP, and what version of XP was installed (Home, Pro, Media Edition) ??
Did you follow the basics at > Control Panel > Network connections > "Create a new connection" tutorial built into XP ??

You can also try the below directions ->
From the command prompt or from Run Box, type the following, pressing enter after each line :

ipconfig /flushdns
ipconfig /release
ipconfig /renew
netsh winsock reset

Thank You -

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/448337/replaced-vista-with-xp-on-laptop-and-cant-connect-to-the-internet/
Relevancy 48.16%

Greetings I received instructions from another HP volunteer about replacing a bad hard drive I ve replaced the hard drive with a new one and need someoe to please walk me through how to format my new hard drive back to the WIN I had installed on the my hard drive laptop Need help replaced a in formatting old one I did also purchase a pin usb to SATA adapter nbsp The other agent said Windows can be reinstalled onto a new hard drive if your installation was activated before The Microsoft activation servers just know your computer and will reactivate You need to go to the Media Creation Tool Need help formatting a replaced hard drive in my laptop and have it make a bootable DVD drive or you Need help formatting a replaced hard drive in my laptop need a usb thumb drive at Need help formatting a replaced hard drive in my laptop least gigs nbsp nbsp I am in Germany but do not know the language well enough yet and could not find a Windows Media Creation tool in English free repacement version nbsp I do not know what to do to format my new hard drive please help Thank you Wes

A:Need help formatting a replaced hard drive in my laptop

Additional info: The new laptop came with Windows 8 OS installed and I had chosen the free WIN 10 upgrade when it was available.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Need-help-formatting-a-replaced-hard-drive-in-my-laptop/td-p/5734861
Relevancy 48.16%

Okay, someone told me that I should replace my hard drive with a different one because the old hard drive was causing it not to boot. Anyways, I went out and bought a used 40 GB hard drive and I'm having the same issues. How do I reformat it?
Why would I be having the same issues anyways? Maybe its been wiped clean. I dunno but how would I get it to be like a normal hardrive? (sorry I don't know the term for this) Can this even be fixed?

A:Replaced Laptop Hardrive and I'm having problems booting again

Hey!What you need to do is install windows on to the hard drive you will need a windows XP disk and licence key. Here is some instructions. Ignore the bit about pushing f6 as you wont have a sata or raid configuration.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/241058/replaced-laptop-hardrive-and-im-having-problems-booting-again/
Relevancy 48.16%

I currently have a samsung Q laptop only a year and a half old The other day I turned and the power switch was illuminated with the battery led on as well but the screen just stayed blank won t even go to the boot screen So I disconnect the AC power take out the battery hold down the power button to relase any internal energy and put the battery back on and its working However the next morning the same problem occured so I did the same thing again but with no result So not knowing much on computers I take it to my local computer shop whp diagnose the problem that the BIOS battery was down or exhausted so they replaced but the same problem still happens it just wont turn on I have also tried replacing and testing other memory modules they all seem fine and so does mine in other laptops Whats worse is that my laptop still has the same problem but it sometimes bleeps times and all my leds flash quick but there is nothing wrong with my memory or anything else Any solutions please nbsp

A:My laptop will not start even though I replaced the BIOS battery

a bios battery would not cause such a fault and any shop that says so is incompetent.
You have a fault either in the power supply or the power regulator internally.
Try another power pack first.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-laptop-will-not-start-even-though-i-replaced-the-bios-battery.124840/
Relevancy 48.16%

This question may need to go into the networking forum but I am almost certain at this point it is hardware related so I am posting here I have a laptop that used to be able to connect wirelessly to the internet We took a be replaced? have can on pmcia port it problems... laptop may trip to New Mexico with it and had no problems with it connecting It runs xp hp pavililion with a wirless card in the pmcia port Shortly after returning home it would not longer go wirelessly I spen an hour or more on the phone with a linksys tech who eventually told me the registry had some how gotten screwed up and the only pmcia port on laptop may have problems... can it be replaced? way to fix it would be to reinstall windows So I did that Formatted reinstalled Set up my wireless network in my office coming out of a cable modem into a linksys wireless router I plugged pmcia port on laptop may have problems... can it be replaced? into the router direct and got online set up the wireless security and then plugged in the wirless card into the pmcia port Xp detected the new pmcia port on laptop may have problems... can it be replaced? hardware and when prompted I put the driver disk that came with the card into the drive to install the drivers All seemed well In a short time I got an icon in the bottom right hand corner for the wireless network I right clicked and selected view available networks There was my network and one other I selected mine put in the password ect and tried to connect bu it won t connect Same thing as before I tried to connect to the wirless from another computer in the office building and it worked just fine This next might be important I plugged back into the router and renamed my wireless network I then went back and released renewed And then refreshed the available wireless networks in my area but It is still showing the network with the old name No matter how many times I refresh I think there may be something wrong with the port as I have tried cards that for sure work and gotten the same results Is there something I am missing Can the pmcia port on this laptop be replaced if need be Any and all help is greatly appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:pmcia port on laptop may have problems... can it be replaced?

Hi,
replacing the card slot is likely to be very expensive as it would involve complex surgery on your laptop.

You could look at using a USB wireless adapter. These are the size of a compact USB flash drive / memory stick. Around $$ or 20 to 25

A lot cheaper than the cost of getting the laptop repaired.

hth

Ceri

hth

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pmcia-port-on-laptop-may-have-problems-can-it-be-replaced.407442/
Relevancy 48.16%

Hi, I forgot to create any recovery disks for my E532 laptop and the hard disk has failed. I?ve bought a new hard disk thinking I could download a build disk from Microsoft and input the key for Windows. However I get no boot options at all, i.e. the bootable device list is blank. I have changed the boot order to no avail. I don?t want to have to buy recovery disks if possible so is there a way round please? It was Windows 8.1 when I bought the laptop and upgraded to W10.Thanks

A:hard disk replaced need to rebuild laptop

just follow these simple steps:download the iso file of microsoft windows 10 (x64 if your PC has over 4GB of ram) http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/software-download/windows10download Rufus, plug an USB flash drive and set Rufus as on the home page screen:https://rufus.akeo.ie/?locale=en_USclick on the little disk icon on Rufus and point to the downloaded iso filelet Rufus copy the installation files on USB flash drivereboot your PCplug the USB flash drive, press F12 at next boot and choose the USB flash drive as bootable deviceproceed with windows 10 installation and skip the product key requestenjoy your windows 10 installation

http://community.acer.com/t5/E-and-M-Series-Laptops/hard-disk-replaced-need-to-rebuild-laptop/td-p/465800
Relevancy 48.16%

Alright so here's where I am I have a Toshiba Satellite L D-GS running Windows Home Premium OEM -bit OS One day the laptop didn't start I press the power button and motherboard, Won't Replaced else?? Laptop anthing CPU, POST. all i get is a solid power LED Steps I've Tried- Discharge static x Remove battery from system for diagnostic purposes Re-Seat Ram Remove Ram and Laptop Won't POST. Replaced motherboard, CPU, anthing else?? Tried a BRAND NEW stick of ram in both slots remove re-seat Harddrive remove re-seat DVD Drive re-seat processor New thermal paste manually reset BIOS to defaults using jumpers ordered refurbished motherboard still no change new processor - Same model I took out AMD Turion II Mobile M tmm Laptop Won't POST. Replaced motherboard, CPU, anthing else?? db gq reset BIOS using jumpers on new board and still no change No matter what I do all I get is a black screen a solid power light and no signs of posting AKA -Blinking HDD light -fan speed change -beeps -external monitor Laptop Won't POST. Replaced motherboard, CPU, anthing else?? acknowledgement If anyone has any ideas please let me know I am not afraid to spend money to fix it Thanks everyone

A:Laptop Won't POST. Replaced motherboard, CPU, anthing else??

Try completely removing the hard drive and start it up and see if you can get into bios. If that does not work, remove all the ram and try to start it. I know it won't start, but you should hear a series of beeps from the motherboard. That's a good thing. It lets you know the motherboard is doing what it should.

EDIT: Could you be a little more descriptive on what is happening when you try to start it up? If you hear fans turning and everything running but no picture, it could be a video problem. Just because you see no video does not mean the computer is not running. Been there, done that.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/298270-laptop-wont-post-replaced-motherboard-cpu-anthing-else.html
Relevancy 48.16%

We have a Sony laptop which needs to have the battery taken out and replaced before it will boot up. The battery seems ok otherwise as it registers 100% charge the whole time  In addition to that, the comp will freeze, hang or whatever it is called randomly.  There appears to be no viruses and the comp is always kept squeaky clean.

Thank you for your help.

A:Laptop won't start without taking the battery out and replaced...

Run Seatools for Windows to check your hard drive and create a bootable disk of Memtest86+ to test your RAM. Let it run for 6 passes and preferably overnight.

Look in Event Viewer under System for any clue as to why the computer would freeze. 

Edit: Try powercycling the computer. Remove the power cord and battery. Hold the power button down for 30 seconds. Replace the power cord and battery. Reboot. Shutdown. Remove the power cord.  Try rebooting with only the battery. 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/604805/laptop-wont-start-without-taking-the-battery-out-and-replaced/
Relevancy 48.16%

I was having issues with a virus removal and inability Replaced hard laptop drive locks it up now to remove files from Replaced laptop hard drive now it locks up the original hard drive in my Dell Vostro but needed a working laptop so I replaced the hard drive with a GB Western Digital Scorpio Blue drive SATA MB RPM Installation and formatting went fine I installed XP and then required drivers from the resource disk from Dell followed by a few hours of updates from Windows Update I then installed Kaspersky Internet Security Carbonite Adobe Reader Flash Shockwave Evernote OpenOffice Malwarebytes Ccleaner Picasa and started to download Replaced laptop hard drive now it locks up iTunes While everything was working fine and I was rebuilding my software library I noticed that the system locked up I couldn t even Replaced laptop hard drive now it locks up shut down or stop running processes I ve tried disabling startup menu items like Bluetooth which I don t need and nuisance programs like Adobe and Google updater I tried to do a selective startup to isolate the issue but can t determine if one particular thing is at fault I ran diagnostics on the whole system and all systems hard drive etc checked out I started it in safe mode with networking and was able to keep it running that way but still wonder if this is a hardware issue since there is nothing on this system other than some basic programs that ran just fine together on the older hard drive One process that was running in the background was the download of backed up files from the Carbonite server Does this seem like it might be a hardware issue I ve never installed a hard drive until yesterday If a mod feels its more Win related please move it but I m at a loss as to why it keeps locking up shortly after the startup items fully load or once at start using something like a browser or exploring some system files when the setup is nearly identical to my old hard drive BTW the virus issue on my old hard drive was Kaspersky detecting something in real-time and the removal process going awry I run virus software all the time nbsp

A:Replaced laptop hard drive now it locks up

I'm going to move this (copy it) to the Windows forum in case this is more XP-related than hardware as I've been using it all day in Safe mode with networking with no issues.

Thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/replaced-laptop-hard-drive-now-it-locks-up.1037642/
Relevancy 47.3%

Toshiba Satellite P755
Intel i7 2.20 GHz
6.0gb ram.
Video Card: Nvidia Geforce Nvidia GT 540m.

OS: Windows 7 Home Premium x64, originally installed on system
Age of System: About 1 year

I recently had toshiba replace the harddrive after failed attempts at restoring the laptop to factory settings. I am still receiving blue screens when using internet and playing intensive games such as battlefield 3. I've run memory diagnostics with no problems detected. Also, I had latency monitor and it say's NDIS 6.20 is having very high latency.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 1a
BCP1: 0000000000041790
BCP2: FFFFFA8004C84200
BCP3: 000000000000FFFF
BCP4: 0000000000000000
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

A:BSOD still after Toshiba replaced Harddrive

All crashes indicate your RAM being the problem, please test your RAM with Memtest86+

RAM test with Memtest86+: Test RAM with Memtest86+

BSOD BUGCHECK SUMMARY

Code:
Debug session time: Thu Jun 20 01:36:11.393 2013 (UTC + 6:00)
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\USER\SysnativeBSODApps\061913-21138-01.dmp]
Built by: 7601.18113.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.130318-1533
System Uptime: 0 days 0:27:55.330
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+35084 )
BugCheck 1A, {41790, fffffa8004c84200, ffff, 0}
BugCheck Info: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT (1a)
Bugcheck code 0000001A
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000041790, A page table page has been corrupted. On a 64 bit OS, parameter 2
contains the address of the PFN for the corrupted page table page.
On a 32 bit OS, parameter 2 contains a pointer to the number of used
PTEs, and parameter 3 contains the number of used PTEs.
Arg2: fffffa8004c84200
Arg3: 000000000000ffff
Arg4: 0000000000000000
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x1a_41790
PROCESS_NAME: WmiPrvSE.exe
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x1a_41790_nt!_??_::FNODOBFM::_string_+35084
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Debug session time: Thu Jun 20 00:53:15.151 2013 (UTC + 6:00)
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\USER\SysnativeBSODApps\061913-21387-01.dmp]
System Uptime: 0 days 0:37:53.103
Bugcheck code 0000001A
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000041790, A page table page has been corrupted. On a 64 bit OS, parameter 2
PROCESS_NAME: taskhost.exe
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Debug session time: Tue Jun 18 03:41:41.990 2013 (UTC + 6:00)
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\USER\SysnativeBSODApps\061713-25677-01.dmp]
System Uptime: 0 days 4:29:05.958
Bugcheck code 0000001A
Arguments:
PROCESS_NAME: bf3.exe
Debug session time: Thu May 30 07:12:43.996 2013 (UTC + 6:00)
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\USER\SysnativeBSODApps\052913-33041-01.dmp]
System Uptime: 0 days 9:47:18.948
Bugcheck code 0000001A
Arguments:
PROC... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-still-after-toshiba-replaced-harddrive-698270.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I have win professional Have been running MS Access on this machine for over a year Things were going fine Then about weeks ago my access program started giving issues and progressively got worse resulting in system shut down uninstalled amp reinstalled with no effect Since then my machine does not need access to cause a crash It does it on its own without much to drive it I first replace the RAM from another machine with no change Then incressed the swap file size - no change got worse installed a new video card was using on board video - no help Installed new PS - no change almost - replaced error everything. BSOD Have unknown progerssivly getting worse Swapped out MB had a spare identical board - no change getting faster with the crashes Installed new HD as c drive - new win install new MS office install new MS Access install No change the system still crashes I am going bald because of this Someone please help Thanks Mike

A:BSOD unknown error - Have replaced almost everything.

Welcome to the forum Homike I took a look at the files you provided and it seems that the recurring problem is a video card/video driver problem:

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 116, {fffffa800a314180, fffff880045858c8, 0, 2}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\atikmpag.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atikmpag.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmpag.sys
Probably caused by : atikmpag.sys ( atikmpag+78c8 )

---------
Took a look at your drivers and they are rather old I would check the manufacturers site and see if you can find an update:

Code:
kd> lmvm atikmpag
start end module name
fffff880`0457e000 fffff880`045d3000 atikmpag T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: atikmpag.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\atikmpag.sys
Image name: atikmpag.sys
Timestamp: Wed Nov 09 21:12:44 2011 (4EBB331C)
CheckSum: 000502CB
ImageSize: 00055000
Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/277258-bsod-unknown-error-have-replaced-almost-everything.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hey, I've gotten the occasional freeze or BSOD. Often times during a movie, but not exclusively.

I ran memcheck all day and no errors and I've also replaced RAM.

I'm thinking something related to heat, but I'm not sure.

Thanks for the help!

A:BSOD or Freeze. Replaced RAM ran MEMCHECK OK

Security App

Crashes indicate Avira being a possible cause. Remove Avira and replace with Microsoft Security Essentials to see if it provides more stability. Uninstallers (removal tools) for common antivirus software. Microsoft Security Essentials and Malwarebytes are recommended from a strict BSOD perspective. They do not cause blue screens on the system as other AV products do.

Microsoft Security Essentials, Free antivirus for windows and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free

Information
Do not start the free trial of MalwareBytes, unselect that option when prompted.

Update and make full scans with both separately.

Please run these tests and report back the results

1. SFC /scannow to check windows for corruption - SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker
2. Disk check for errors on the hard drive - How to Run Disk Check in Windows 7
3. Troubleshoot applications by a clean boot - Troubleshoot Application Conflicts by Performing a Clean Startup
4. Memtest86+ paying close attention to part 3 - RAM - Test with Memtest86+
5. Hard drive test from HDD mfg website - Hard Drive Diagnostic Procedure
6. Install all updates including service pack 1 - Learn how to install Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1)

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/293226-bsod-freeze-replaced-ram-ran-memcheck-ok.html
Relevancy 47.3%

My laptop is having the BSOD after I wake it from sleep. This started happening after I just had a friend replace a failing 320gb 5400rpm Seagate hard drive on my laptop with a new 500gb 7200 rpm Western Digital hard drive, and I had all the files cloned onto the new drive. My laptop is a 6 year old HP running Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit that was upgraded from Windows Vista. I've uploaded the files from the SF Diagnostic Tool.

A:BSOD after waking from sleep; just replaced HDD

The crash dump included in the zip is too old to give the idea of the present situation. Attachment 345214
Follow it: Dump Files - Configure Windows to Create on BSOD
Go to Option Two, Point 2. Download the .reg file and merge it in registry by double clicking it.

Now wait for another BSOD. When it occurred, search the .dmp files manually in the default path: C:\Windows\Minidump or %SystemRoot%\Minidump. See if the crash dump is recorded or not (hopefully it will be recorded).Post it following the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/356801-bsod-after-waking-sleep-just-replaced-hdd.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Please help! I have replaced my fx8350 with a new one and still getting BSOD X124 with Hal.dll error. This happens when running stress test in less then 90 seconds. No over clocking done just stock settings in bios. I can play games fine at least so far with no bsod. It just happened again while starting up MSI AFTERBURNER to set a fan curve for my gpu. Please help!

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/390262-replaced-fx-8350-still-getting-x124-hal-dll-bsod.html
Relevancy 47.3%

I replaced the hard drive on my Lenovo G585 laptop and I'd like to include a restore partition. I already created a 25GB partition but how do I include a file to restore an image of my fresh system?

A:Replaced laptop hard drive, need restore partition

See here: Recovery Partition - Create

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/355897-replaced-laptop-hard-drive-need-restore-partition.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Its kinda hard to descrie, but they're like horizontal wavy lines. Its like that even in the bios screen, and the pattern of distortion is consitent when Windows loads. So that tells me its not software related. Its on a Dell Latitiude C540/C640 laptop. The old one broke when my coworker dropped the laptop. I replaced the laptop with a similar one and retained the inverter card from the previous LCD. but now I have those wavy lines. Any ideas why?

A:Replaced LCD on my Dell laptop and screen is fuzzy/wavy now

red913 said:

I replaced the laptop with a similar oneClick to expand...

Are you sure the "similar one" is compatible with yours.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/replaced-lcd-on-my-dell-laptop-and-screen-is-fuzzy-wavy-now.687533/
Relevancy 47.3%

My fiance bought one of those eMachine e v laptops at Best Buy before Black Friday but when she opened it up to use it the other day it looked like this I m no expert but I needs LCD please eMachines e442 replaced: laptop for v133 screen help. m going to assume that the LCD screen for eMachines e442 v133 laptop needs replaced: please help. LCD screen has cracked on the inside leading to that quot bleeding quot effect It has been getting worse every day I contacted eMachines and something like this isn t even covered in their manufacturers warranty The above pictures are from the night after she first noticed this so now days later the problem is even worse than what you see in the images I have two questions Just how easy would it be to replace the screen I have LCD screen for eMachines e442 v133 laptop needs replaced: please help. never done it before but I assume it s as easy as a few screws unplug the broken one and plug in the new one Or am I just a fool for thinking it would be that simple Where in the world would I even buy just the screen I have looked online and a few sites that I have never heard of seems to have options but I don t want to get scammed I just thought I d ask you guys about what I should do about this now Thanks nbsp

A:LCD screen for eMachines e442 v133 laptop needs replaced: please help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/lcd-screen-for-emachines-e442-v133-laptop-needs-replaced-please-help.982026/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi guys I just replaced a bad T power jack I m sure it must Replaced Power Jack- still Laptop on!? DC turn wont ve been bad since two of the wire connections came loose from the jack itself The new power jack had all the connections to the jack just fine so I plugged it Replaced DC Power Jack- Laptop still wont turn on!? in connected it to mobo put everything together and still no power Could it be that when the connections came loose originally the motherboard got damaged in the process I felt almost sure it was the dc power jack as soon I saw those loose connections but i guess not EDIT To give you guys a better idea I bought one of these T DC Power Jack I also tried plugging in the charger which I ve tested with a multimeter and it is also a new chrarger into the NEW port then trying to get power from the contacts on the mobo connector white piece in the picture I tried pushing down with the negative connector to one of the black wire contacts and pushing the positive tip to one of the red wire contacts and did not see any power there so I m wondering if I tested it wrong nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/replaced-dc-power-jack-laptop-still-wont-turn-on.1027595/
Relevancy 47.3%

For years I have been using my HP Pavilion dv6 and it has got to this point that it extremely overheats therefore I want to replace my entire cooling system on this laptop. But I don't know where I can purchase these laptop cooling systems for HP Laptops.

Laptop: HP Pavilion DV6
Product No: LE546EA#ABU
Model: DV6 - 3182ea

I would be very grateful if someone knew where I could purchase an entire new cooling system for my laptop.

A:Solved: Laptop Cooling System Needs To Be Replaced ( HP Pavilion DV6 )

I would look on Ebay and use Google to find suppliers.
I have a few bits lying around from HP machines I've repaired, but that model is not amongst them.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-laptop-cooling-system-needs-to-be-replaced-hp-pavilion-dv6.1117297/
Relevancy 47.3%

hi
i changed the thermal paste in my acer laptop and now im getting the blue screen and then restarts all the time can any1 help me plz
its an acer extensa 5620z its a duel core running window xp 3gb ram and a 120 hdd

plz can some one help me plz plz plz

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/replaced-thermal-paste-now-my-laptop-wont-boot-up.1010064/
Relevancy 47.3%

I bought a replacement LCD for my neice s Compaq Presario CQ - WM I installed it carefully I even reinstalled it two more times Now the Windows on laptop, bars have Replaced LCD I and now square black screen! desktop only uses most of the display with a quot bar Replaced LCD on laptop, now I have black bars and square screen! on the right side and a quot bar on the bottom It appears that the desktop is nearly square I have a Mobile Intel Series Express Chipset Family The only two resolution options are x and x Both options fill up Replaced LCD on laptop, now I have black bars and square screen! the same space It s like it gave me a smaller monitor than what I actually have Further the bottom black bar stretches out the mouse curser and start button THe start button bottom streaks over the quot black bar and when I get the cursor at the bottom of the desktop it streaks over the quot black bar also These black bars are occurring BEFORE Windows boots up The black screen on startup has a Compaq logo and it s clear that everything is shifted to the left I ve made sure that I ve updated everything that is possible but I suspect it s not a software issue Any ideas nbsp

A:Replaced LCD on laptop, now I have black bars and square screen!

Have you updated the BIOS? You may need a new screen. You can RMA it and they will take it back. It may be a common thing and will get an answer faster if you call HP. Hope this helps.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/replaced-lcd-on-laptop-now-i-have-black-bars-and-square-screen.845963/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi all,

I had a Toshiba Satellite M60 die on me. Went completely dead (only a year and a half old, POS), no indicator lights, battery or AC lights, didn't respond to any tries. I replaced the motherboard with an identical USED one, the system responds now, lights are on, battery gets charged but it doesn't boot. The screen remains blank, the hard drive and CD drive spin. I disconnected the laptop's screen and connected an external monitor, same result. Any ideas? Could the CPU be dead too?
It doesn't have a separate video card, it shares the system's memory, and its got 2G memory installed.

Thanks,

Alex

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-motherboard-replaced-system-doesnt-boot.712429/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi my laptop a Fujitsu Pi P had an issue with the fan I replaced that and it worked again for a few hours I re-installed Windows Vista on it for hours updated SP then SP and everything was running smooth until after the last reboot Since then the machine boots the fan spins up a second and then it seems to boot normally If the laptop hasn t been used for a while it will boot up about - seconds I see the Windows logo and loading bar and then it clicks and everything turns off If I then reboot it will only boot for just replaced stops but fan booting, Laptop Solved: overheating ! - seconds and then everytime less as if it is overheated Leaving it a while unused will result in a longer boot time I opened the back and can t feel any considerable heat on both heatsinks or the copper bar Fan doesn t run after innitial spin This happens with or without power chord Any ideas Thanks for your attention in advance best wishes Lucas nbsp

A:Solved: Laptop stops booting, overheating but just replaced fan !

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-laptop-stops-booting-overheating-but-just-replaced-fan.1009091/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi, does anyone know what the problem is? I took out the screen of my old laptop, and put a replacement screen in. The screen its self (Samsung) is exactly the same model as the old one, except the inverter board looks a bit different. The laptop turns on fine with no screen plugged in, but when when I plug the new screen in, the only thing that turns on is the power supply light. I tried removing the new screen and it turned on fine. It's only when the screen is plugged in when it doesn't turn on. Is it because it's the wrong inverter board? I still have the old one. Should I just switch the boards? Thanks for all the help.

A:Replaced Laptop Screen but Wont Turn On When Installed

**Update: I tried replacing the inverter board, but the connecter with 6 pins wont fit...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/replaced-laptop-screen-but-wont-turn-on-when-installed.192648/
Relevancy 47.3%

i replaced my motherboard nd cpu cooling fan nd my laptop still wont turn on nd the caps continues to blink continuously nd nvr stops plus the f12 stays in and orange led the whole time as well

A:replaced system board for laptop but still wont turn on

These will help:http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01732674andhttp://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02222922If these dont, please explain the issue from start.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/replaced-system-board-for-laptop-but-still-wont-turn-on/td-p/5717332
Relevancy 47.3%

i replaced my motherboard nd cpu cooling fan nd my laptop still wont turn on nd the caps continues to blink continuously nd nvr stops plus the f12 stays in and orange led the whole time as well

A:replaced system board for laptop but still wont turn on

These will help:http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c01732674andhttp://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c02222922 If these dont, please explain the issue from start.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/replaced-system-board-for-laptop-but-still-wont-turn-on/td-p/5717334
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi all I recently replaced spilled water all over my laptop I make the mistake of not waiting for it to completely dry and attempted to turn it on So after accessing the damages I took my Lenovo Y to a certified technician who told me that the motherboard was damaged I decided to replaced the motherboard by Turn won't On Now (Water Replaced Motherboard, Damage) It Laptop myself purchased Lenovo refurbished from Ebay and proceeded to install it When I turned it on Replaced Laptop Motherboard, Now It won't Turn On (Water Damage) the LED lights up to signal that it is being turned on however the fans do not start my keyboard does not light up my display does not turn on Basically only the power button LED turns on for about - seconds then shuts off I made sure the ram harddrive thermal paste screws cords etc was installed properly When I charge my laptop the LED lights up to signal that it is charging I attempted to turn on my laptop without the battery to this I received the same - second LED and nothing more Does anyone have any recommendations of what is wrong with my laptop Can we narrow it down to a specified region Thank you for your time guys I really appreciate it nbsp

Relevancy 46.87%

I have a hp laptop dv6502au . The hard disc of my laptop is gone so i replaced it with a new one. The problem is that i created a set of recovery discs using a option in my laptop. But if i insert that recovery disc in my laptop it shows that 'this system does not support this recovery disc' I dont know how to install vista back to my laptop. My laptop came with original version of windows vista home premium. I have a product key also at the bottom of my laptop. Please help me to install legal version of vista back to my laptop. If you want any further details i am ready to provide it.

Thanks
Bharathwaj Vijayakumar

A:please help to install windows vista in a hp laptop replaced with a new hard drive?

hi,,, if you know anyone with an origanal vista disc then they can install vista back on your machine using the product key on the bottom of the laptop,,, a greenish blue sticker with microsoft on it,,,,, this install will not load all the HP stuff that comes with your pc when new,,,, but once the os is back on you could look on the discs to find all the HP stuff,,,,
good luck

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/200340/please-help-to-install-windows-vista-in-a-hp-laptop-replaced-with-a-new-hard-drive/
Relevancy 46.87%

I replaced the heat/sink fan in my Gateway Laptop, the computer would not do anything so I put the old fan back in. Now the computer sounds like it is booting up, the fan comes on, but it doesn't boot.

Can anyone help me?

A:Gateway Laptop M350 replaced heat/sink fan won't boot

Likely you have left something disconnected that you didn't notice... or it could be a wire pulled out of a plug, or a broken or crimped piece.
All of those actions and symptoms are related somehow, unless the hard drive just picked now to fail.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gateway-laptop-m350-replaced-heat-sink-fan-wont-boot.76548/
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello I posted about a month ago when my -month-old Dell Inspiron N was stuck in a startup repair loop It needed a new hard drive which I installed myself and everything worked great for a couple weeks Then the constant freezing started I thought it was Firefox since that was what I was using most often but it turned out that everything would eventually start hanging--Word Task Manager iTunes it even froze on shutdown a couple times I tried disabling and reinstalling all the plugins in Firefox I ran virus scans and diagnostics and troubleshooters and chkdsk and no issues were ever found--until I think I downloaded Microsoft NET framework when a Dell diagnostic tool asked me to And finally the constant freezing stopped But then Dell hard constantly hangs Replaced now laptop drive, it started again a couple days ago The computer starts up fine but within a few minutes it will start hanging regularly--like every seconds the cursor either won't move or clicking on something gives me a Not Responding Replaced hard drive, now Dell laptop constantly hangs message at the top of the window This lasts anywhere from seconds to a few minutes When I open Task Replaced hard drive, now Dell laptop constantly hangs Manager the CPU usage fluctuates wildly when Task Manager itself isn't frozen --it's usually at around - but will rise all the way to and then down to This is when I just have one or two programs running--Firefox and Word--and I don't have many startup programs nor a lot of programs or files on the computer in general Once again all the Windows Dell Malwarebytes and Avast scans find no problems and everything is apparently up to date I did just disable Flash Player in Firefox after noticing there were two Flash processes running in Task Manager that has actually made it a little better but it's still frozen a couple times while I've been writing this post Can anyone give me any ideas about what might be causing this and how I can fix it I'm not sure what other information you might need about the computer but here's what I know it's a Dell Inspiron N running a clean install of Windows -bit I just installed a new Western Digital hard drive GB RPM Thanks

A:Replaced hard drive, now Dell laptop constantly hangs

Can you boot into safe mode? http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Start-your-computer-in-safe-mode
Try running the computer for a while in safe mode and see if the problem continues. If it doesn't, it may be a problem with one or more of your drivers. When you installed the new hard drive, did you use the Dell install CD or just a generic Windows 7 CD? Dells use very specific drivers and it's best to install the OS using one of their install disks.
You may want to try a clean boot and performing some diagnostics. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135
It's hard to say at this point what it could be -- this kind of behavior usually indicates an issue with driver and/or system files not loading properly and hogging all the processor bandwidth.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/498165/replaced-hard-drive-now-dell-laptop-constantly-hangs/
Relevancy 46.87%

So my laptop broke, something to do with corruption of data and i have no idea how, already angry because of something i didnt want to happen... during a very important time of the year for work...

I now am in the situation where i already spent around 300 dollars USD fixing my laptop, now that i have a fresh new working hard drive how do i get my OS back?

I bought it from a retailer, my broken hard disk is inaccessable so i cant get into it and seek out it's activation code ETC.

Anyone ever had this situation before? how do i get back my windows 7 OS with it's key that no one is using.

Im not going to spend all of that money again since it was part of the package of buying that laptop.

Please assist.

A:Laptop Broke, replaced hard drive Disk, What about my windows 7!?!

Quote: Originally Posted by louis cardinal

So my laptop broke, something to do with corruption of data and i have no idea how, already angry because of something i didnt want to happen... during a very important time of the year for work...

I now am in the situation where i already spent around 300 dollars USD fixing my laptop, now that i have a fresh new working hard drive how do i get my OS back?

I bought it from a retailer, my broken hard disk is inaccessable so i cant get into it and seek out it's activation code ETC.

Anyone ever had this situation before? how do i get back my windows 7 OS with it's key that no one is using.

Im not going to spend all of that money again since it was part of the package of buying that laptop.

Please assist.

Your laptop should have a sticker on the bottom with the key for your version of windows. Also, your manufacturer might provide recovery disks.

This is another good reason to always make the recovery disks when you first setup your new laptop.

Rich

http://www.sevenforums.com/installation-setup/195621-laptop-broke-replaced-hard-drive-disk-what-about-my-windows-7-a.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi there For a few weeks now i have had a few BSOD's One being irql_not_less_or_equal_too

But that i have tracked down to a faulty graphics card which the manufacture has now replaced (Ati 5870 Hd)

The machine seemed to be running fine and then last night i got
" A driver has overrun a stacked based buffer "

I am running an I7, with Gigabyte 333 Mobo and 6gb Of tripple channel ram

The machine is overclocked to 4.0ghz (Not done by myself done by overclockers)

This new Bsod has come after installing the new graphics card and happened while i was playing blackops.

I have attached the latest MiniDump file. and the Last minidump file before the new graphics card.

I have run Memtest for 17 passes and 0 Failures.

I am probably going to run a benchmark for a while see if i can replicate.

Any ideas ?????

Thanks

A:Faulty Graphics card replaced and Still Getting BSOD

Please provide this information: http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html

Next, please stop the overclock and return the system to default values. Test to see if this stops the BSOD's. If the BSOD's continue, we'll suggest some other tests. The overclock is very radical (2.800 to 3.822 gHz) and is (IMO) most likely the issue here. Since you passed MemTest I'd have to suspect that some overclocked component of the motherboard is causing the BSOD's.

Although limited to only 2 memory dumps, here's what I've found:
2 different BSOD error codes blaming the kernel (core of the OS). If this was the case, I'd expect more errors than just the occasional BSOD - so something else must be to blame.

This may be the start of a pattern indicating a hardware problem, so I suggest starting with these free diagnostics (skip MemTest as you've already run it):

Quote:
I suggest starting all troubleshooting with the following diagnostic tests. They'll save you a lot of time and heartache if there is a hardware failure, and you'll have the disks on hand in case you need them in the future:

Quote:
H/W Diagnostics:
Please start by running these bootable hardware diagnostics:
http://www.carrona.org/memdiag.html (read the details at the link)
http://www.carrona.org/hddiag.html (read the details at the link)

Also, please run one of these free, independent online malware scans to ensure that your current protection hasn't been compromised: http://www.carrona.org/malware.html (read the details at the link)

I am particularly concerned about the age of your USB 3.0 controller drivers. Please disable the device and remove the drivers to test and see if that's the cause.

Beyond that, the problem can also be caused by incompatible or corrupted drivers. Please do the following:
OLDER DRIVERS PRESENT IN THE DUMP FILES
- Please update these drivers from the device manufacturer's website - or uninstall/remove them from your system. Reference links are included below.
- DO NOT use Windows Update or the Update Drivers function of Device Manager.
- Please feel free to post back about any drivers that you are having difficulty locating.
- Windows Update exceptions may be noted below for Windows drivers:

Quote:

Code:

jraid.sys Wed Oct 07 07:26:03 2009 (4ACC7ACB)
amdxata.sys Fri Mar 19 12:18:18 2010 (4BA3A3CA)
ehdrv.sys Thu Dec 09 00:29:58 2010 (4D006956)
eamonm.sys Thu Dec 09 00:29:20 2010 (4D006930)
GEARAspiWDM.sys Mon May 18 08:17:04 2009 (4A1151C0)
nusb3xhc.sys Fri Sep 25 09:58:31 2009 (4ABCCC87)
atikmpag.sys Wed Jan 26 17:13:33 2011 (4D409C8D)
Rt64win7.sys Thu Aug 20 12:05:06 2009 (4A8D7432)
AtihdW76.sys Wed Nov 17 07:02:04 2010 (4CE3C43C)
hamachi.sys Thu Feb 19 05:36:41 2009 (499D3639)
mcdbus.sys Tue Feb 24 05:34:07 2009 (49A3CD1F)
nusb3hub.sys Fri Sep 25 09:58:23 2009 (4ABCCC7F)
epfwwfpr.sys Thu Dec 09 00:26:09 2010 (4D006871)
point64.sys Tue Dec 14 06:09:25 2010 (4D075065)
RTKVHD64.sys Wed Oct 21 10:27:48 2009 (4ADF1A64)
rtkio.sys Sat Jun 20 02:00:25 2009 (4A3C7AF9)

http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#jraid.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#amdxata.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#ehdrv.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#eamonm.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#GEARAspiWDM.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#nusb3xhc.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#atikmpag.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#Rt64win7.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#AtihdW76.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#hamachi.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#mcdbus.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#nusb3hub.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#epfwwfpr.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#point64.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#RTKVHD64.sys
http://www.carrona.org/dvrref.html#rtkio.sys

BSOD BUGCHECK SUMMARY

Code:

Built by: 7601.1751... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/155296-faulty-graphics-card-replaced-still-getting-bsod.html
Relevancy 46.87%

My Dell Inspiron laptop is Windows x on BSOD hard drive newly replaced It came with Windows pre-installed but I had a ton of problems with it and just recently had Dell replace the hard drive a refurbished hard drive that also came with Win but a very quot slimmed down quot OEM version so I had a LOT of software reinstallation to do It kept crashing so I used one of my Windows OS disks that came with the original configuration and installed it times on top of the OS they included with the refurbished hard drive My computer is BSOD on newly replaced hard drive years old I don't know the age of the hard drive The OS is also years old but newly re-installed Although I had a million problems with the original hard drive I never had a BSOD on it until now I ran the debugger but don't have a clue what I'm looking at and to be honest I am SO SICK of dealing with computer problems right now I don't feel like researching what little bits I did learn from running it I do have an extended warranty but I really HATE dealing with Dell's Tech Support so if I can resolve it or you nice people can relatively easily then I'd rather go that route Hope you can help Thanks in advance Betty Attachment Attachment

A:BSOD on newly replaced hard drive

It looks like the panda cloud AV stuff is crashing you.
There's a system driver it installs that your computer doesn't seem to like.

Sadly outside of uninstalling the software I have no solution to the problem.
I'm really surprised to see this, I haven't seen anyone having trouble with panda lately.

Since you've been having bsod's it is also always a good idea to run this
SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker
Just to make sure no system files were damaged during the crashes.

Code:
Probably caused by : PSINAflt.sys ( PSINAflt+1260d )

---------

0: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (50)
Invalid system memory was referenced. This cannot be protected by try-except,
it must be protected by a Probe. Typically the address is just plain bad or it
is pointing at freed memory.
Arguments:
Arg1: fffffa80088e5000, memory referenced.
Arg2: 0000000000000000, value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation.
Arg3: fffff8800203560d, If non-zero, the instruction address which referenced the bad memory
address.
Arg4: 0000000000000000, (reserved)

Debugging Details:
------------------
Could not read faulting driver name

READ_ADDRESS: GetPointerFromAddress: unable to read from fffff800034bf100
fffffa80088e5000

FAULTING_IP:
PSINAflt+1260d
fffff880`0203560d 6683385c cmp word ptr [rax],5Ch

MM_INTERNAL_CODE: 0

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x50

PROCESS_NAME: mcshield.exe

TRAP_FRAME: fffff88002b18db0 -- (.trap 0xfffff88002b18db0)
NOTE: The trap frame does not contain all registers.
Some register values may be zeroed or incorrect.
rax=fffffa80088e5000 rbx=0000000000000000 rcx=fffff880020465d0
rdx=fffffa80088e5000 rsi=0000000000000000 rdi=0000000000000000
rip=fffff8800203560d rsp=fffff88002b18f40 rbp=fffff88002046138
r8=0000000000000000 r9=0000000000000000 r10=005c003f005c005c
r11=fffff88002b18f10 r12=0000000000000000 r13=0000000000000000
r14=0000000000000000 r15=0000000000000000
iopl=0 nv up ei pl nz na po nc
PSINAflt+0x1260d:
fffff880`0203560d 6683385c cmp word ptr [rax],5Ch ds:7260:fffffa80`088e5000=????
Resetting default scope

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from fffff8000323ba0c to fffff8000328fd00

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`02b18c48 fffff800`0323ba0c : 00000000`00000050 fffffa80`088e5000 00000000`00000000 fffff880`02b18db0 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`02b18c50 fffff800`0328de2e : 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`088e5000 00000000`00000000 fffff880`02b18fc8 : nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+0x4621f
fffff880`02b18db0 fffff880`0203560d : fffff880`02b190d8 00000000`00000000 00000000`4cb5feed 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiPageFault+0x16e
fffff880`02b18f40 fffff880`02b190d8 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`4cb5feed 00000000`00000000 fffff880`02b19088 : PSINAflt+0x1260d
fffff880`02b18f48 00000000`00000000 : 00000000`4cb5feed 00000000`00000000 fffff880`02b19088 fffff880`02046138 : 0xfffff880`02b190d8
STACK_COMMAND: kb

FOLLOWUP_IP:
PSINAflt+1260d
fffff880`0203560d 6683385c cmp word ptr [rax],5Ch

SYMBOL_STACK_INDEX: 3

SYMBOL_NAME: PSINAflt+1260d

FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: PSINAflt

IMAGE_NAME: PSINAflt.sys

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 4db8a612

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x50_PSINAflt+1260d

BUCKET_ID: X64_0x50_PSINAflt+1260d

---------

0: kd> lm t n
start end module name
fffff800`00bcb000 fffff800`00bd5000 kdcom kdcom.dll Sat Feb 05 10:52:49 2011 (4D4D8061)
fffff800`03210000 fffff800`037f9000 nt ntkrnlmp.exe Fri Apr 08 2... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/174825-bsod-newly-replaced-hard-drive.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hi all I have had this problem for a couple of months and it is driving me crazy The problem has also evolved somewhat It started with what seemed like power issues and so I bought a brand new W PSU Since then I have done a fresh install of Windows Pro SP - twice Updated the BIOS Updated all the drivers I could find that were slightly old I have swapped out the graphics card swapped out the RAM DDR swapped out the mobo for identical model I have even bought a new SSD replaced! Frequent - - hardware impossible - BSOD 90% fix to and installed W ProSP on that It now starts nice and fast - but still unstable I get types of BSOD - Frequent - impossible to fix - 90% hardware replaced! failure BSODs dumps show various errors - not all the same Lock-up Freeze - have to power off on no logs dumps Random resets where the system acts as though the reset button was pressed no logs dumps I am at a complete loss Seems that the only thing I haven't swapped out is the CPU I have followed the instructions for attachements BSOD - Frequent - impossible to fix - 90% hardware replaced! - please note that the system froze twice and I had to power off on and re-run the program Worked third time around I have attached relevant files I have also attached a screenshot of various system stats to give a better idea of my setup I really hope that someone here specializes in the impossible This has cost me a fortune in time and money - and hair I REALLY need some help here I have done everything I know how to and I am still lost TIA guys

A:BSOD - Frequent - impossible to fix - 90% hardware replaced!

Device Concerns:
Code:
ASInsHelp ROOT\LEGACY_ASINSHELP\0000 This device is not present, is not working properly, or does not have all its drivers installed.
Were you aware of the above? If not, please install all drivers from your manufacturer support site. The manufacturer should be either for your motherboard or for the system manufacturer (DELL, HP, Etc.). Asus Ai Booster software is the name of the device.
Analysis:Your BugCheck codes varied with nearly each crash. This typically indicates a hardware issue. Run some hardware checks.If you are overclocking any hardware, please stop.

If you have an SSD, make sure the following are up to date:SSD firmware
BIOS Version
Chipset Drivers
Hard disk controller drivers/SATA drivers
If you have a Marvell IDE ATA/ATAPI device, make sure the drivers are up to date from the Intel site or Marvell site and not from your motherboard/vendor support site.

Run all but the advanced tests with SeaTools for HDDs.SeaTools for Windows

SeaTools for DOS
Monitor temperatures during the following tests. Use the following programs to monitor the temperatures. Real Temp is a good CPU temperature monitor.
Speccy - System Information - Free Download will monitor all hardware temperatures.
HWiNFO, HWiNFO32 & HWiNFO64 - Hardware Information and Analysis Tools can be inaccurate for CPU temperatures, but is a good program for GPU temperature monitoring.
Use FurMark: VGA Stress Test, Graphics Card and GPU Stability Test, Burn-in Test, OpenGL Benchmark and GPU Temperature | oZone3D.Net to test the graphics card GPU. Let it run until the GPU temperatures even out or until the GPU temperatures reach a dangerous level (you can find the max temperature for your card on either the nVidia or AMD sites; if you are not sure, ask us). The goal is to get a steady temperature, find out if the GPU is overheating, or to see if there are any artifacts present in the test itself: look for strange pixelated patterns on the screen or colors that do not look like they belong. Then use the |MG| Video Memory Stress Test 1.7.116 Download to test your graphics card memory. Let the memory test run for at least seven passes; the more the better.

Run Hardware - Stress Test With Prime95 to determine any hardware problems. Run all three tests for a few hours each. If you get errors, stop the test and post back here.

Follow the steps for doing CPU stress test using IntelBurnTest

Run the boot version of Memtest86+ paying close attention to Parts 2 and 3 of the tutorial. Also, in case Memtest86+ misses anything and comes up with no errors, run the extended version of the Windows Memory Diagnostics Tool for at least five passes. These you may want to run overnight since they take a long time to complete (run them an hour before bed each of the next two nights and check before going to sleep that they are still running).

Warning
Before you proceed with the following, answer these two questions: Are you still under warranty? Does your warranty allow you to open up the machine to check hardware? If you are unsure of the answers to these questions, contact your system manufacturer. WARNING: The steps that follow can void your warranty!!!
For Part 3: If You Have Errors: If you swap any memory components, follow these steps for ESD safety:Shut down and turn off your computer.
Unplug all power supplies to the computer (AC Power then battery for laptops, AC power for desktops)
Hold down the power button for 30 seconds to close the circuit and ensure all power drains from components.
Make sure you are grounded by using proper grounding techniques, i.e. work on an anti-static workbench, anti-static desk, or an anti-static pad. Hold something metallic while touching it to the anti-static surface, or use an anti-static wristband to attach to the anti-static material while working. If you do not have an anti-static workbench, desk, or pad, you can use your computer tower/case by finding a metal hold in it, such a... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/237728-bsod-frequent-impossible-fix-90-hardware-replaced.html
Relevancy 46.87%

New build - Win 7 Pro 64 bit. Originally had BSOD problems. Replaced mobo and chip. Still having problems. Relevant info4rmation attached.

A:BSOD - Memtest good, replaced mobo and CPU

Welcome to the forum. Please fill out your system specs in the User CP so we know what hardware you're using. Did you replace mobo and chip with same types? (RMA).

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/256611-bsod-memtest-good-replaced-mobo-cpu.html
Relevancy 46.44%

My laptop had a problem with the hard drive replaced, few shuts off than hard properly, boot second less in Laptop up wont drive or so it seemed because it was unable to load up What happened with the laptop was I tried to turn it on the computer will load for a few seconds then it will turn off So it never made even to the Windows logo screen My friend took it to Laptop hard drive replaced, wont boot up properly, shuts off in less than few second the technician and the technician said it was a hard drive failure and needed to buy a new hard drive and install Windows onto it The technician was going to charge for new hard drive and Windows installation I thought for a new hard drive than another for a installation was overpriced So I ordered the hard drive on my own and planned on replacing the hard drive myself So I replaced the hard drive What is going on now is that if I press the power button I see the red light on the power button Then in less than seconds or so the computer goes off There is nothing on the screen during those seconds This laptop is quite broken down the CD Rom sometimes does not work But regardless with less than seconds it was quite hard to even eject the cd-rom So I am not quite sure how am I supposed to go on and continue with the installation and such if the computer Laptop hard drive replaced, wont boot up properly, shuts off in less than few second does not even turn itself on Now is this really a hard drive problem or something else Please help Thank you very much in advance nbsp

A:Laptop hard drive replaced, won’t boot up properly, shuts off in less than few second

$165 is actually a reasonable price.

If you remove the new drive, does it still shut down in 3 seconds?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-hard-drive-replaced-won%C2%92t-boot-up-properly-shuts-off-in-less-than-few-second.911401/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hello My system layout is as follows Motherboard Gigabyte GA- FXA UD MEMORY G Skill Ripjaw series GB x GB PIN DDR SDRAM DDR VIDEO CARD SAPPHIRE Vapor-X VXSR Radeon HD GB -bit GDDR PCI Express x HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video POWER SUPPLY hec X-Power Pro W Continuous C ATX V V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready Power Supply PROCESSOR AMD Phenom II X Deneb GHz Socket AM W Quad-Core Processor HDD Seagate Barracuda GB I know memory BSOD Motherboard X0000003B. and Replaced constant getting now it would be more helpful if I could upload the mini-dump file but I cannot access any of the files I replaced my motherboard and Replaced memory and Motherboard now getting constant BSOD X0000003B. memory to the specs stated above and started getting the BSOD I did a windows memory check and tried each individual stick in every slot and they all seem to check out I was having an issue with my video card stopping and starting but I fixed that issue in the registry However I have been getting a BSOD since the upgrade and I have no clue what could be causing it The error I receive is x B and I have tried to view the memory dump files and it tells me I don't have access Any information would be helpful

A:Replaced memory and Motherboard now getting constant BSOD X0000003B.

Did you reinstall Windows after motherboard & memory upgrade?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/250860-replaced-memory-motherboard-now-getting-constant-bsod-x0000003b.html
Relevancy 46.44%

I have a lenovo Thinkpad X model number U a month old which has consistently been experiencing BSOD events from the day I recieved the machine Initially these BSOD events were very frequent approximately to times in a day however over a period of a month and after to reinstalls complete set of driver updates and in the course of my last effort two days ago delete and replacement of ntoskrnl dll and hal dll drivers using first hand downloaded MS Win Pro bit iso installer from digital river and using the official MS forums instructions to copy replace dlls using command prompt the event still continues I even downloaded and ran the latest memtest and an it for to passes and recieved errors after the rd pass till the th pass after which I closed the memtest application I informed the Local Various Consistent crashes, errors, BSOD replaced Help!! ntoskrnl.dll Lenovo techincal partner but since the dump files indicated ntoskrnl dll as prime cause of Consistent BSOD crashes, Various errors, ntoskrnl.dll replaced Help!! event was directed by them to reinstall the OS They also said that the Consistent BSOD crashes, Various errors, ntoskrnl.dll replaced Help!! memtest may give false positives so it is appropriate to have confirmation on the OS stability before moving on to the hardware replacement I have several softwares installed on the system and many hours spent in bringing the maching to an operating status that meets my requirements and do not desire to go over the excersise of reinstalling again as I strongly feel that it may not be the OS drivers that are causing this situation rather a hardware issue My last effort in copy and replace of the dll was driven out from this The BSOD usually happens after use of the machine of over to hours and may present any type of fault prior to my replacement of the dll files it generlly used to say Memory Management however after the replacement of the dll files it has stated PFN LIST COrrupt and SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION errors I am now a stage wherby I either do a complete format of my HDD and reinstall using the downloaded version of the OS and if the event still continues then report and request replacement of memory module I would appreciate if anyone can help me out of my problem Thanks Jey Lenovo Thinkpad X - U Intel Core i M CPU Ghz GB DDR SDRAM Single Slot Hitachi HTS A A GB RPM Windows Professional X build Intel HD Grphics Conexant Smart Audio HD Thinkpad Maxbright Display X

A:Consistent BSOD crashes, Various errors, ntoskrnl.dll replaced Help!!

Anyone available on the forums to comment or guide?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/189134-consistent-bsod-crashes-various-errors-ntoskrnl-dll-replaced-help.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi

For about a week now I can't turn my computer off, it will get as far as saying shutting down (after logging off) then crashes with the message

Faulty driver on the kernal stack must be replaced with a working version

It seems to have started around the time it did a windows update but I also reinstalled Itunes around the same sort of time

My computer was built for me last aug and the specs are:

windows 7 home premium 64bit
4gb ram
AMD Athlon II x2 260 processor 3.20ghz
NVIDIA GeForce GT 520 1gb
Board: ECS MCP61M-M3 7.0, Bus Clock: 200 megahertz
BIOS: American Megatrends Inc. 080015 11/03/2010
Hard drive - Hitachi HDS5C1010CLA SCSI Disk Device (1000.20 GB)
Kaspersky Internet security

I have attached the files from the minidump and system health report

I do have the problem with NVIDIA drivers where they constantly crash although I don't remember that happening since I got the BSOD problem

A:BSOD Faulty driver on the kernal stack must be replaced

Please can anyone help?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/224848-bsod-faulty-driver-kernal-stack-must-replaced.html
Relevancy 46.44%

This is my first time posting here although I am a frequent quot lurker quot This forum has tons and tons of valuable information and it really helps me a lot without actually having to post or ask questions Now Need part computer my replaced - BSOD, Misc assistance! some every in to the real reason I am posting I have receiving frequent BSOD's It will go - days without them and then BSOD - times in the middle of the night or even while I simply browsing the website I have been battling with this issue for months and over the passed couple of months I have replaced nearly EVERY part in my computer The BSOD that I am recieving are a variety of errors x A x I Misc BSOD, replaced every part in my computer - Need some assistance! am also receiving an error in my logs The IOCBIOS service failed to start due to the following error The system Misc BSOD, replaced every part in my computer - Need some assistance! cannot find the path specified I researched this and found some people think its a virus This is a fresh brand new install of windows with close to nothing installed After I formated and did Misc BSOD, replaced every part in my computer - Need some assistance! a clean install it didnt BSOD for days and then one night it BSOD - times in the middle of the night Parts replaced Motherboard Ram was GB now GB switch from PNY to Corsair PSU HDD Video card I have not replaced the actual CPU itself I have gone out to Intel's support site and downloaded the latest drivers for the Chipset and LAN thinking this may have been the issue but yet I am still receiving BSOD Computer Spec's as follows Intel DP SG Extreme Motherboard Q Quad Core GB memory CMX GX M B C GB WD RPM drive W Corsair PSU Nvidia GeForce GTS GB memory Windows Ultimate x Unfortunately it was set to a single dmp file not mini dumps so the file of my dmp is about GB I have uploaded the dumps that I found A few are today A new one includes x b Can anyone shed some light on this I can zip this huge dmp file for you and send it your way if that will help AND I have already changed it to do multiple minidump files so I can send whatever I get over the next few days because there is no doubt I will get more BSOD's soon Thanks in advance for your help I really do appreciate it Sorry if I left out any information

A:Misc BSOD, replaced every part in my computer - Need some assistance!

Quote:
The IOCBIOS service failed to start due to the following error:
The system cannot find the path specified.

That's Intel(R) Extreme Tuning Utility Performance Tuning service that can't start. Path not found, strange. In combination with Stop 0x109.

You have upgraded hardware and you're getting crashes after system reinstall.

Set all hardware clocks as recommended by the manufacturer. Attach:

- CPU-Z MEMORY and CPU tabs snips
- RAMMON HTML report
- Drivers List by Nirsot DriverView
- Uninstall Intel(R) Extreme Tuning Utility Performance Tuning

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/153446-misc-bsod-replaced-every-part-my-computer-need-some-assistance.html
Relevancy 46.44%

Hi Please help I have just replaced my motherboard on my computer to a asrock g m-vs Using the existing hard drive as soon BSOD at crashes startup Replaced motherboard, Windows as the windows logo starts it will crash bluescreen for secs Now the problem with that is by looking up on the net I need to change the sata mode But with this asrock motherboard I have no sata mode Cant find it Must be just been a cheap one So I put that hard drive in another computer did the exact thing so I changed the sata mode From AHCI to IDE Replaced motherboard, Windows crashes at startup BSOD and it starts works perfect So there noway off getting it to work on the other computer without reinstalling everything Problem is that I need all the programs to stay installed because I am a real estate and wont be able to get a new cd key till monday So I tried backing up on my other computer to an image Then found another hard drive and went into recovery mode to install the image I have got it on a USB external hard drive So it finds it all I click the image and it straight away says system imaged restore failed No disk that can be used for recovery the system disk can be found Starting to get very annoyed Any suggestions would be great nbsp

A:Replaced motherboard, Windows crashes at startup BSOD

Is this your first computer build?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/replaced-motherboard-windows-crashes-at-startup-bsod.184636/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi all. I have already posted this once here. The topic had quite a few views and not a single reply. I'm giving this another try, as the problem persists and is not getting any better.

The keyboard on my Aurora m9700 is having some strange issues. I cannot figure if it is software or hardware related, either. At random intervals, the keyboard will cease function. But when I go into standby, then come out of standby the problem seems to be magically fixed! In fact, the problem just happened right after I finished typing the last sentence. I checked event manager, nothing changed. I had to go into standby and come out of it...

So please, is there anyone on here that can help me out? I have reformatted the computer since this started happening and nothing has changed, so I do not know what could possibly be causing this!

A:Weird keyboard laptop issue. Keyboard randomly stops functioning until I standby.

Just going to keep bumping this until I get a reply, or bet banned. Every thread has some form of reply...maybe I smell or something?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/weird-keyboard-laptop-issue-keyboard-randomly-stops-functioning-until-i-standby.879922/
Relevancy 46.01%

I am using windows 8.1.
1. Go to Control Panel -> Keyboard -> Tab HardwareIn list Devices is null.
2. Go to Control Panel -> Mouse -> Tab Hardware
In list Devices is null.
How to fix this error.
Thank you!

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/laptop/f/3518/t/19990117
Relevancy 46.01%

Hey everyone A little back story I previously have had a continuous issue with this for the past or so months Generally get the BSOD after the laptop has been running for a few hours but sometimes more quickly Dell decided it must be the hard drive and they replaced they didn't give me any reasoning they tend to just throw parts at you until something works it Obviously started with a fresh version of Windows Home Anyway it's been a week or so and today I got another BSOD Didn't install anything today but there have been a number of automatic windows updates and replaced back. clean did its (?) Randomly. Dell HDD BSOD install recently Programs that I would assume may be an issue after reading other threads BitDefender utorrent and maybe my network adapter drivers I didn't want to start messing with anything just in case my issue is different from what I've seen with others I'm really not tech-savvy at all I followed option on the BSOD Posting Sticky I hope I did it correctly if not I will do my BSOD Randomly. Dell replaced HDD (?) did clean install and its back. best to remedy any misstep quickly Huge thanks and respect to anyone who takes the time to help me out it's greatly appreciated I will pay it forward in some way or another

A:BSOD Randomly. Dell replaced HDD (?) did clean install and its back.

Also have this to add:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 4105

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 4a
BCP1: 00000000771B132A
BCP2: 0000000000000002
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: FFFFF8800720DB60
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/328747-bsod-randomly-dell-replaced-hdd-did-clean-install-its-back.html
Relevancy 45.58%

Hey guys!

I recently got a Casio keyboard, with a new MIDI cable.

I'm a music artist and I'm totally new with this 'keyboard-to-computer-via-MIDI' stuff.

I don't know how to connect my Casio Keyboard to my computer with a MIDI cable. I've mostly been using Mixcraft's music library, but I want to start something new with my new keyboard.

Can someone PLEASE tell me how I can connect my keyboard to my laptop via MIDI?

I've looked at other forum posts and contacted a few music artists..........they had nothing.

Please help!

Thanks!

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/53665-midi-keyboard-connecting-casio-keyboard-lenovo-z51-laptop.html
Relevancy 45.58%

I have a HTII luggable PC that will not power on When this problem first started you would hit the power switch and the power would quot stutter quot but not come on MOBO PSU, Not powering - replaced replaced up or make it to post I upgraded the power supply It originally had a W PSU and I upgraded to an Antec W PSU hoping that would cure my ills Still displaying the same symptoms I got an exact replacement Intel motherboard Intel DP LT and swapped it out Now I get power lights but no fans or hard drives spinning up Not powering up - replaced PSU, replaced MOBO When I hit the power the case fans and PSU fan Not powering up - replaced PSU, replaced MOBO will move just a tick but not spin and this only happens the first time I hit the power switch I have to wait about a minute or so and try again to get this to even do this much I ve triple checked the power connections and mobo connections Any ideas Other specs GB RAM GeForce GT video card SCSI interface card Adaptec Firewire card nbsp

Relevancy 45.15%

Hey I am pretty desperate usb does fine not keyboard but keyboard works work with laptop now as I recently got a new Lenovo z laptop keyboard does not work but works fine with usb keyboard ideapad laptop which i think its months old only All of the sudden one day the shift laptop keyboard does not work but works fine with usb keyboard key started to automatically been pressed down as if its like its being 'possessed' in simple terms and it happened at random times After much forums some say hold shift key down for secs or x amount of secs disable sticky keys filter keys bounce keys or even continue press shift keys continuously etc etc Did all those disabled sticky keys bounch keys filter keys and now whenever i on my comp the shift key will automatically be pressed down so i have to hold the shift key for like - secs to disable it than it works fine and no more occurence However a new problem occurs now certain keys on the laptop is not working like the right shift key when the right shift key is pressed down none of the letters are being capital or none of the symbols are showing BUT the left shift key does the job Than the left shift key could not caps the letter z t y m and a few more but it works prefectly fine with other keys Now i am pretty sure its not a keyboard malfunction because without pressing caps all the keys are fine but only these certain keys wont be caps when the left shift key is pressed So i decided to use an external keyboard and everything works out fine right shift key is working left shift key caps those letters which could not be caps on the laptop So what is the problem actually and how to solve it is it a keyboard driver or software problem or hardware problem Novice here Ps now i know you guys would say send in for warranty but I'm now in Australia and unfortunately i bought this machine in malaysia and my international waranty wont work cause my model is not sold in Australia yea bloody stupid for calling international warranty thanks and hope you guys could somehow help out

A:laptop keyboard does not work but works fine with usb keyboard

The fact that a USB keyboard works fine when your built in one doesn't, proves that it is the keyboard itself (or connectors) that is damaged/defective, otherwise, if it were a software problem, the external keyboard would do the same.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/548387/laptop-keyboard-does-not-work-but-works-fine-with-usb-keyboard/
Relevancy 45.15%

I have a Dell M Laptop that has New different function like keys laptop (: Help! keyboard has old keyboard? layout, served me quite well for several years I just replaced the keyboard the other day and everything is working fine except that the new keyboard has a slightly different layout than the old keyboard did For example with the new keyboard all the F F F etc keys have function secondaries on them like multimedia brightness antennae toggle and so on My old keyboard New laptop keyboard has different layout, keys function like old keyboard? Help! (: didnt have most of these and so when I attempt to use them on the new New laptop keyboard has different layout, keys function like old keyboard? Help! (: keyboard they simply do not work In fact when I use function keys as if I still had my old keyboard installed the functions work which means it is the software interpretation of the keys that I need to change Does anybody know how I can fix this so that the keys of the new keyboard and functions match what the keys New laptop keyboard has different layout, keys function like old keyboard? Help! (: actually say Another thing to add is that some of the new function keys on the new laptop such as antennae toggle were not on my last keyboard at all because they are softkeys on the case of my computer and I am not sure a function like that would be able to be added to the keyboard mapping at all but I m not sure Also I would prefer to not install third party software to accomplish this even if it means I need to delve into the registry manually Can anybody help nbsp

A:New laptop keyboard has different layout, keys function like old keyboard? Help! (:

You might try holding the 'fn' key while you tap the fnumber key.
Vicks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/new-laptop-keyboard-has-different-layout-keys-function-like-old-keyboard-help.1042592/
Relevancy 45.15%

I want keyboard laptop all-in-one I into trackpad my and want turn keyboard an and mouse to to remove the monitor basically gut it and turn the keyboard and trackpad of my laptop into a keyboard with built-in mouse for my desktop It s an old laptop that I was I want to turn my laptop keyboard and trackpad into an all-in-one keyboard and mouse thinking about throwing away anyway so I might as well turn it into something useful look at attachment I want be able to connect that to my desktop with USB and be able to use I want to turn my laptop keyboard and trackpad into an all-in-one keyboard and mouse it as both keyboard and mouse have both I want to turn my laptop keyboard and trackpad into an all-in-one keyboard and mouse the keyboard and trackpad work My desktop is right next to my bed so I sometimes swing the monitor around and put the keyboard and mouse on the bed But it s damn hard to use a mouse when you have bedsheets and blankets and other stuff that s soft as a surface Also I can t have any compatibility problems it needs to work with all systems in my house that I may want to connect it to Mac OS Windows XP Vista and Linux Ubuntu and Fedora nbsp

A:I want to turn my laptop keyboard and trackpad into an all-in-one keyboard and mouse

would anyone happen to know, and can give me a step-by-step?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/i-want-to-turn-my-laptop-keyboard-and-trackpad-into-an-all-in-one-keyboard-and-mouse.785581/
Relevancy 45.15%

I had a problem with my laptop not Several laptop keyboard working keyboard - keys on problem not which is certain key on my keyboard is not functioning The weird is it happened without a reason because Several keys on laptop keyboard not working - not keyboard problem after I shutdown doing my work when I turn it on again I discovered my quot s quot quot d quot quot g quot quot h quot quot quot quot m quot quot left shift quot quot caps lock quot and quot quot key did not work at all I try taking the key off cleaning underneath but nothing seems to be working After that I try to use usb keyboard and it seems the key can be entered So I thought my hardware is the problem than I replace into the new one but still having the same problem I already waste my money buying new keyboard Does any one happen to know what sort of problem this is and how I would go about fixing it Is it related to the registry My laptop is Acer aspire G ram GB processor i GHz I hope someone can help me to solve this problem nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/several-keys-on-laptop-keyboard-not-working-not-keyboard-problem.181333/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi, I do a lot of typing at night time and the click of my keyoard's keys can be quite noticeable when there is pure silence. I have a Logitech K520 which isn't so loud but I would really love a keyboard that has the same type of keys as my Samsung laptop which are practically silent. Most laptops I've tried have similar keyboards in that the key doesn't travel far at all and there is no 'clicky' sounds either.

I have no idea what I would search for as I don't know what the style of keyboard is called. There are various names on the market, 'soft touch', 'quiet touch', 'low profile' etc etc but nothing that specifically identifies a laptop style.

I would just like a wireless laptop keyboard basically, even if it's the same size as a laptop keyboard but preferrably full sized.

Thanks very much for any advice

Relevancy 44.29%

Hi folks I've had success on this forum before and I'm hoping someone with more knowledge of IT than me can Cannot and in laptop to keyboard on-screen unresponsive keyboard ? W7 log no suggest Cannot log in to W7 laptop ? unresponsive keyboard and no on-screen keyboard a workaround solution Cannot log in to W7 laptop ? unresponsive keyboard and no on-screen keyboard to an issue I currently have with a Windows Home Premium laptop This is an old laptop that I only use from time to time but it still has a number of files and photos on it that I don't have saved elsewhere Last time I used the laptop it was acting as if the Ctrl key was being pressed every - seconds which made the keyboard difficult to use because it triggered shortcuts as I tried to type Ctrl O Ctrl S etc Because I don't use the laptop as my main machine I decided that I'd uninstall the keyboard driver from within the Control Panel and just use the on-screen keyboard going forward Following this I powered the machine on a couple of days ago and panicked when I discovered that I couldn't get the Ease of Access dialog box to display on the login screen to allow me to enable the on-screen keyboard It doesn't produce any kind of error it simply does nothing when the button located in the left-hand corner is clicked At this point I was still hopeful that I could get around the issue by connecting a standard USB keyboard but this is also completely unresponsive although it does appear to be getting power from the laptop because the Caps Lock indicator light is lit I've tried a few alternatives connecting the keyboard before powering up during the start up process and also at the log in screen Additionally in the hope that it would automatically install a driver in the background and eventually allow the keyboard to function I left the machine running for about minutes but still nothing So just to confirm the machine has only a single user account set up on it which is password protected I can't proceed past the log in screen at all the laptop's default keyboard is unresponsive Ease of Access OSK dialog box will not display and the standard USB keyboard I have here doesn't appear to be helping either I also considered trying the above in safe mode before realising that I couldn't even do that without a keyboard unless there's another way of accessing this that I'm not aware of Any ideas - Thanks

A:Cannot log in to W7 laptop unresponsive keyboard and no on-screen keyboard

If you are just interested in recovering your data to save elsewhere you could purchase an external enclosure for about $8.00 at Newegg, remove the HDD from the laptop and install it in the external enclosure.  You can then attach it to another computer via a USB cable (which comes with the enclosure) and access your data to recover what you want.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/591884/cannot-log-in-to-w7-laptop-unresponsive-keyboard-and-no-on-screen-keyboard/
Relevancy 44.29%

My grandmother was in the middle of typing an email. When she hit the shift key to make a capital letter, a box about sticky keys came up, and now neither keyboard will work. She has restarted the computer, unplugged/re-plugged in the auxilary keyboard, (before, even with the auxilary keyboard plugged in, she could still use the laptop keyboard), pressing the scroll lock key didn't do anyting either.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!
Kirsten

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-keyboard-auxilary-keyboard-not-working.829998/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi,

Everything was working fine. Suddenly, when I typed on the usb keyboard, nothing happened. So I put it in a different usb port on the laptop, and it still didn't work. So I tried the laptop's own keyboard and still nothing. I'm not sure what is going on. 

I tried deleting the keyboard driver from Device Manager but that did nothing. I tried searching for this problem but all the results seem to not apply to this specifically. 

Any help would be appreciated. 

Also... I'm a n00b that knows very little about computers so bear with me

A:Laptop won't recognize keyboard OR external usb keyboard

When you deleted the keyboard driver for the laptop...did you reboot after doing so?

Does your BIOS call for USB  boot via USB device?

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/573633/laptop-wont-recognize-keyboard-or-external-usb-keyboard/
Relevancy 44.29%

I have a HP vt6200 Omnibook laptop with German Keyboard. Recently my internal harddisk crashed and I replaced with a new IDE disk. I installed Windows XP (English US) afresh. Also installed the necessary drivers downloaded from HP site. Now the german keyboard is not working. It types multiple characters & behaves erratically. When I connect an external US English Keyboard, it works perfect. I tried changing the language/keyboard settings. It didnt work.

I donot want to use German anymore on that laptop. All I want to use is only English. Now I am unable to use the laptop keyboard at all. Pls help !

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/keyboard-issue-on-laptop-with-german-keyboard.782753/
Relevancy 44.29%

Hi, I have an old Time laptop (so getting any drivers/chipsets will be a pain) that I'm using as a Home Theatre PC under my TV. I can wake up from standby with its power button, but not from its keyboard. Also, I can't do this using my Microsoft Wireless Desktop Keyboard, connected via USB (laptop doesn't have any PS2 ports).

I want to be albe to keep the laptop lid closed at all times and placed above my VCR, so having to open it every time I want to wake from standby is not ideal.

I've looked at all the APM properties for m/board and keyb but nothing. The BIOS says nothing about power management either.

Running Win XP SP2

Any suggestions? Thanks.

A:Laptop can't wake-up from Standby with own keyboard or USB keyboard

Hi

Were u able to do that before? Are u sure that your laptop is set to standby and not to sleep/hibernate mode?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-cant-wake-up-from-standby-with-own-keyboard-or-usb-keyboard.722999/
Relevancy 42.57%

I just replaced the screen on this laptop. Only about 1/4 of the screen on the left side is working and is working right. The system is running Vista and it boots up right. Wonder if the inverter needs replaced. Other 3/4 is a dark gray with no cursor showing. Need to fix for Mom. Please help. Thanks.

A:Solved: Dell Studio 1735 Laptop screen replaced, only 1/4 of screen working

Check cable which connect display to mobo firstly. If not cable, rest you already said.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-dell-studio-1735-laptop-screen-replaced-only-1-4-of-screen-working.1040315/
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi,

I have a strange problem and I can't find solution on internet. My 2 years old son was watching cartoons on my Laptop, he got excited and start hitting buttons on the keyboard. Some letters and numbers stooped working even arrows too...no sure what to do?

I have restated the laptop took off battery and did so many things What should I do?
please help

Thanks for your help

A:Laptop Keyboard main keys not working on Acer laptop

Welcome to the Seven Forums.

It is not hard to replace the keyboard.

See these search results for pricing and "hot to" videos.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/309462-laptop-keyboard-main-keys-not-working-acer-laptop.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I cracked my Stream 11's screen (well, my 3 year old threw a Lego at it!) but the blacklight worked fine and I used an external monitor until the replacement LCD screen arrived. I replaced the screen and switched the laptop on...black!  External monitor still yields a display, so it's not the GPU.  Then when plugging in the OLD screen (cracked but had still lit up), that now fails to turn on!  I was very careful in replacing the screen, yes the connector is snapped properly in place and there is no damage from the install. What's going on?  Not much having shelled out 40 for a replacement LED for now no screens to work at all!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Replaced-cracked-laptop-screen-now-no-screen-works/td-p/5643295
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi Guys,

I have replaced the battery of my laptop after using it on AC supply for about year after my old battery died.

I get this error message.
"The AC power adapter type cannot be determined
Battery may not charge.
This problem might be solved by:
Connect a Dell 65W AC adapter or higher."

But I am using a 65W Dell Adapter that I got with my laptop.
BTW, I tried the steps for disc AC >> Start>>Uninstall MS ACPI >> Insert battery>> Restart. This process did not yield any favorable results.

Please help!!!
Thanks,
Nitin

A:Replaced battery on laptop, Battery not taking charge.

If you take the battery out and just use the adapter, will the laptop boot up without errors?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/340766-replaced-battery-laptop-battery-not-taking-charge.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I took my computer in to a computer repair place that ended up not being so good I had thought the backlight on the screen was going out They diagnosed it as the inverter I got the computer back from them ordered and replaced the inverter myself That didn t solve the problem My screen was still shutting down frequently even though the computer was Now Acer Screen get Replaced Laptop and Blue Screen still up and running So I took it apart and checked the connection It was Replaced Acer Laptop Screen and Now get Blue Screen good I ordered a new screen and installed it Very easy by the way and I have NEVER done computer repair I was very careful and did not touch the back other than connecting the computer to it Well my computer won t work now I get a quot start and repair or start normally screen quot I do the repair Then every time I then get a blue error screen that says quot System License Violation quot I then have to shut it down with the power button Why did this happen Is it a problem with the screen My other screen is not an option for connecting it to test I have time to send the screen back Should I Am I destined to have to restore to factory default now Help me please How do I fix this FWIW the screen seems good other than now my computer won t run The color looks good etc Thank you nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/replaced-acer-laptop-screen-and-now-get-blue-screen.1058651/
Relevancy 41.28%

I'm thinking about taking and old laptop and retrofitting it with a mini motherboard to use as a server at my new apartment. I would like to use the keyboard and monitor on the laptop case to keep the overall size down but I can't find any reference as to how you connect standard motherboard connectors (video and PS2(keyboard)) to the connectors found on the laptop monitor and keyboard. If anyone knows where I can find these connectors or specs on how to make them I would really appreciate it. If the mod gets done it will probably be pretty impressive and I'll give you credit for your troubles. Thanks

A:Need help with adapters: VGA to laptop monitor & PS2 to laptop keyboard

You should look for a docking station for it. That will solve your problems. :hotouch:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/need-help-with-adapters-vga-to-laptop-monitor-ps2-to-laptop-keyboard.2207/
Relevancy 38.27%

I just installed a new hard drive in my computer (upgraded to a 1TB,) re-installed Windows 8, everything seems to be going great...except...

It seems like my keyboard is ultra sensitive...? That's the best way I know how to describe it. When I rest my hands where I normally do and start typing, especially if I'm going super fast, it seems like keys I'm not pressing get 'pressed', or the cursor just moves to another place on the screen randomly. I cannot for the life of me figure out why it's doing this or what I can do to make it stop. It's very very frustrating!!

A:Laptop keyboard seems to do whatever it wants

Where is your thumb when you are typing???

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-keyboard-seems-to-do-whatever-it-wants.1100953/
Relevancy 38.27%

I have just acquired a Fujitsu Siemens Amilo Pro Laptop (purchased on Ebay)
It is running WindowsXP Home.

Silly question I am sure but, when I try to type the "@" charecter, using the left shift key, all I get is ". I can't work out how to set up the keyboard, and obviousley until I do so I cannot use the laptop for emails etc.

any suggestions, the technological pigmy is lost in the long grass!

Thank You.

Relevancy 38.27%

I have an hp pavillion. Recently my keyboard has been doing some strange things. Sometimes the b and n keys don't work. Sometimes when pressing the b key it turns the cap locks on and brings up the microsoft help page. I have checked the fuction lock button and it is not on. Does anyone know what is wrong and how to fix it?

A:HP laptop keyboard help

Someone wrote a guide on => Cleaning Laptop Keyboard
But if cleaning does not help, you may need to replace it

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-laptop-keyboard-help.120650/
Relevancy 38.27%

My laptop keyboard is fried (Dell Inspirion 2650) and says it is holding down keys such as X, s, and Tab...I have a seperate USB keyboard plugged into it but the laptop keyboard still keeps doing that.....Is there any way to disable the laptop keyboard 100%

I really appreciate all responses, this is my only computer for college.

-ryan.

A:Laptop Keyboard help.

I am not sure but there should be screws for you to unscrew your keyboard. Check.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/laptop-keyboard-help-102873.html