Windows Support Forum

BSOD/Restarts 0x00000124

Q: BSOD/Restarts 0x00000124

Ok so a little background information. Up until I bought my new hard drive I was getting a lot of BSODs and restarts without BSOD, they happened every 4-5 days and would happen 2-3 times in the same day after happening once. Nearly all of the BSODs showed the 0x00000124 code and would happen irrelevant of what the computer was doing (At least to my knowledge)

After I got a new hard drive (Which was roughly 1 month ago) the problem seemed to have gone but I've had 3 restarts in the past 2 weeks with no obvious cause.

Thanks for reading.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: BSOD/Restarts 0x00000124

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: BSOD/Restarts 0x00000124

Hi and welcome to SF .

All three bugchecks are the the exact same consistant error:

Code:
WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (124)
A fatal hardware error has occurred. Parameter 1 identifies the type of error
source that reported the error. Parameter 2 holds the address of the
WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure that describes the error conditon.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000000, Machine Check Exception
Arg2: fffffa8008757028, Address of the WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure.
Arg3: 00000000fe800000, High order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.
Arg4: 0000000000020015, Low order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.

Code:
!errrec fffffa8008757028

===============================================================================
Section 2 : x86/x64 MCA
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Descriptor @ fffffa8008757138
Section @ fffffa80087572c0
Offset : 664
Length : 264
Flags : 0x00000000
Severity : Fatal

Error : DTLBL1_ERR (Proc 1 Bank 0)
Address : 0x0000f880043f1000
Misc. : 0x0000000000000000
We can see an error in the TLB cache, which is consistent though out the rest of the dumps.

It appears that your CPU is overclocked:

Code:
[CPU Information]
~MHz = REG_DWORD 3616
Component Information = REG_BINARY 0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
Configuration Data = REG_FULL_RESOURCE_DESCRIPTOR ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,ff,0,0,0,0,0,0,0,0
Identifier = REG_SZ AMD64 Family 21 Model 1 Stepping 2
ProcessorNameString = REG_SZ AMD FX(tm)-4100 Quad-Core Processor
VendorIdentifier = REG_SZ AuthenticAMD
Reset the BIOS back to default in case you're unaware that your CPU is overclocked:CLR CMOS

Note

Write down the current value of the SATA Mode!
Its either AHCI or IDE.
After resetting the CMOS go back and verify the value for SATA Mode is what it was
when the OS was installed.

A newer BIOS version has been released:

Code:
BiosVersion = 1003
BiosReleaseDate = 03/26/2012
AMD CPU's are know to be sensitive to BIOS updates and benefit from such.
Please update your BIOS.

Warning
Flashing the BIOS is a risky procedure. If you are uncomfortable
performing it yourself have a technician perform it.
Regardless, flashingis at your own risk.

M5A78L-M LX - Motherboards - ASUS

Attachment 286678

Quote:
A "stop 0x124" is fundamentally different to many other types of bluescreens because it stems from a hardware complaint. Stop 0x124 minidumps contain very little practical information, and it is therefore necessary to approach the problem as a case of hardware in an unknown state of distress. - H2SO4

The generic nature of the 0x124 (Arg1=0) stop code means we would have to take
the trail & error approach.

Do you have any spear parts (or another PC) to test with, mainly a PSU?
The usual suspect of this kind of BCCode is the CPU but it's often not the the case which is why we need
to test other components to rule them out as the cause.
How old are your components?

What is the make an model of you PSU?
Fill out this form and post back the result:
Power Supply Calculator
Good practice, open up the case and re-seat all types of connection.
SATA Cables (HDD/SSD/ODD).
SATA-Power.
Motherboard 24-pin.
Motherboard 4/8-pin (CPU).
Re-seat the RAM.
Re-seat the GPU.
Make sure that every slot / cable head is free of dust or other obstruction.
Make sure that every connection is seating properly and firmly in-place.

Also have a look at the motherboard and the GPU, search for any "bad caps", bulky, leaking bloated capacitors.

i.e

Download Speccy and post a Screenshot of the summary window, one at idle and another while putting load on the PC using Prime95 for the CPU side and Furmark for the GPU.

Note

If any other component is overclocked reset it back to stock speeds!

Good places to read more:
Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try
Stop 0x124 Troubleshooting - 'New Method'

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/305627-bsod-restarts-0x00000124.html
Relevancy 26.23%

Greetings I ve moved to another country where electricity is not stable and goes high low or even disconnect power failure many times a day So i brought an old UPS i have discovery and connected it to the outlet and connected the PC and the LCD screen to it Sometimes when the electricity goes high down the UPS seems can t regulate fast enough or when the electricity disconnect the UPS can t change to battery mode fast enough so the PC restarts I though the problem is from the UPS so i bought failure during My despite restarts UPS PC power a new one iXA PRO which also has a built in AVR with wide input range of - Vac wide range of input frequency output short circuit protection overload protection and the transfer time My PC restarts during power failure despite UPS is ms I connected the PC and the LCD screen My PC restarts during power failure despite UPS to the new UPS and connected my modem and an external hard to the old one Surprisingly when the electricity went high low or when it disconnected the modem did not reset but my PC restarted which means that the old UPS is still working and the problem is from the PC itself I use My PC restarts during power failure despite UPS a very god power supply Blue Storm - wat so any idea what the problem could be Note When the electricity goes high low or disconnect the PC doesn t actually restart it just half turned off i mean i can still hear the fans rolling but there is nothing on the screen and i have to turn it off then on Note Sometimes when electricity goes high low or disconnect the PC keeps working normally Thanx in advance nbsp

A:My PC restarts during power failure despite UPS

My guess is your power supply in your PC uses active PFC (Power Factor Control) while your uninterruptible power supply is likely rated for a passive PFC.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-pc-restarts-during-power-failure-despite-ups.159403/
Relevancy 26.23%

My computer constantly restarts after I install new ram My specs are Dell Precision Intel Pentium D Computer new RAM restarts after installing GHz MB L Cache GB DDR SODIMM recently upgraded MHz unbuffered non-ECC ATI Radeon HD MB GDDR GB SATA HDD RPM Windows XP dual boot Dynex w Power I had x mb DDR ECC RAM before and upgraded to x GB DDR SODIMM for performance upgrade The problem is that my computer constantly restarts The first time Computer restarts after installing new RAM I installed the RAM I got to boot into windows but my color and resolution was messed up I haven t been able to boot into windows either xp or I updated my graphics driver and BIOS from A to A and still no change Some people are saying to change the RAM voltage but I don t know how My BIOS doesn t have such a feature or option PLEASE I need help purchased these sticks for I don t want the feeling that I got ripped off or scammed Many thanks nbsp

A:Computer restarts after installing new RAM

Maybe the wrong ram for your mother board. Did you check before you bought the ram to see what the specs were for the ram. Run a scan on the computer with your old memory installed at http:// www.crucial.com/index.asp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-restarts-after-installing-new-ram.189247/
Relevancy 25.8%

I got a system in recently with a weird issue It would reset after a few sticks, System restarts memory fine two with with one minutes and then shorter and System restarts with two memory sticks, fine with one shorter intervals on restart continually I tested for all the normal stuff power supply temperature unplugged the video card and checked the error logs but only the unexpected restarts were listed with no suspicious events around them If I removed a memory stick it ran fine though I thought it was a bad stick but I ran memtest on both sticks without errors for a few passes Immediately though if I plug in both sticks the system won t stay on for more than a minute or two I adjusted just about every bios setting concerning memory without change and tried loading bios failsafe defaults Anyways I m considering between just telling the owner that the system can only support one ram stick now likely due to some motherboard fault or trying to do a bios update though I m a bit hesitant that if there are issues with the motherboard maybe I should just leave the bios version alone I d be interested in hearing others takes on the issue CPU- AMD Athlon X GHZ Motherboard- amd gm-m RAM- CORSAIR CM X - C MHZ System restarts with two memory sticks, fine with one - - - nbsp

A:System restarts with two memory sticks, fine with one

Often a faulty memory stick will work by itself, but then fail once running in duel channel.

Unfortunately this is very difficult to test with two sticks, so there's no guarantee that this is the issue. You may just have to buy some new memory.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/system-restarts-with-two-memory-sticks-fine-with-one.189047/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hello I have an issue I cant resolve with a networked HP LJ P - PC LJ P4014 restarts middle large printjobs the in HP is Win bit Any time we try to print a larger PDF anything over like pages the print job will get about of the way error out then restart printing the same file Almost like it runs out of memory Smaller paged jobs go through fine I ve noticed a meg pdf when I watch the print queue it sends over megs of data Other XP machines can print the same file to the with no problem ie Win XP sp Things I ve tried with the printer -replacing toners - was getting a supply error with the previous toner - not current toner -upgraded printer firmware -power cycled and pulled cat and power plug Things I tried with with PC - upgraded Adobe reader -downgrade IE from to -downgraded Adobe reader from to - removed Adobe and installed Foxit reader same issue -removed and reinstalled printer on PC - Tried every driver from HP even universal - manually installed printer and installed through search wizard - installed MS Silverlight - made sure bidirectional printing was unchecked -stopped and restarted print spooler I m a tech and I m stumped and I hate it I haven t contacted HP yet because I HP LJ P4014 restarts large printjobs in the middle think the warranty just ended I m think it has to do with something with the printer memory or a printer setting I don t know about Any help would be much appreciated nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-lj-p4014-restarts-large-printjobs-in-the-middle.186335/
Relevancy 26.23%

i recieved the installation messages for my phone from the service providers for the mobile web setup upon installtion my phone constantly restarts upon trying to enter the browser, tried every thing reset all that plzz help...
its a samsung t239..
thanks.

A:Browser restarts phone

Take the phone back to your service provider and have them take a look at it

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/browser-restarts-phone.164474/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hello, the problem I am having is really getting on my nerves. When the power button is pressed, the comp turns on for about 4 seconds than turns off (no beeps coming from mobo). After it shuts off it turns on indefinitely with no display. Any ideas what might be causing the problem?

A:Newly built comp turns on for about 3 seconds then restarts

What motherboard are you running and what is the rest of your setup?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/newly-built-comp-turns-on-for-about-3-seconds-then-restarts.165051/
Relevancy 25.37%

Just got a new computer 2 days ago:

Alienware Aurora_r3
Intel Core i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40 Ghz
4.00 GB ram
Windows 7 (64bit)
Dual video cards, both AMD Radeon HD 6800 series, with latest catalyst drivers installed directly from the website

Whenever I try to run games in full screen mode (as opposed to windowed), after 2 to 5 minutes my computer will just turn off. No error messages, warning sounds, lights, anything.. it just turns off. Affected games include Starcraft2, WoW, League of Legends, that I have tested so far.

However, if I run these games in windowed mode, I can play without interruption with all graphic options turned to the max. Problem does not appear to be overheating, as the thermal indicator software that came with pre-installed never gets above 29°C.

Any ideas how to fix? I don't want to have to send it back 2 days after getting it

A:New computer randomly restarts when running games in fullscreen

Alienware has been known with plagued thermal problems.

You can check inside the case and see if there's any possible mis-directed air flows, and point the duct, or add the fan to that area and see if that helps.

Dual video cards are known to be overheat very easily. If you have three PCI-E slots, move the last HD6800 to the bottom and extend the Crossfire cable to there, and see if that actually remedy with that kind of problem.
Otherwise, send it back and complain that you were ripped off, and maybe they could fix it for free.
EDITED: There's other possible options;

- kill all tasks in task manager, or using the batch with " taskkill /F /IM "program name"
- update your directX
- Downgrade your catalyst driver version to the factory driver, or upgrade to the newest driver that is FROM ATI/AMD website. ( www.amd.com )
- leave your side case to open up the more air-flows in the computer.

Welcome to Techspot, arangar32!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-computer-randomly-restarts-when-running-games-in-fullscreen.162867/
Relevancy 14.62%

Hello guys......I need your help....I have sony vaio vgn-fs515b and after installing windows 7 i was updating its bios......!!!!

Everything was working fine but in between a blue screen came. It said that your system is shutting down due to some problem and at the end it said:

"Dumping physical memory".

When i restarted my laptop all the light were on but nothing came on screen. I don't know what to do.......Please help me........!!!!

I know this happened because of incomplete upgradation of bios but what should i do not?

A:Sony Vaio VGN-FS515b doesn't start after BSOD

The motherboards bios is corrupt. You may be able to correct this if you can pull the CMOS battery and reconnect it. Otherwise the motherboard will have to be replaced

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sony-vaio-vgn-fs515b-doesnt-start-after-bsod.162562/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hello so here I am after I upgraded my PSU and GPU I took some recommendations from people on here purchased the parts and installed them into my computer myself Fast forward a month and I upgraded to windows from XP Now every once in a while using when Computer not randomly actively restarts when I am not actively using my computer say I leave it on while I use my Xbox or go and do something else and leave it on I ll come back to see it at the login screen and I ll log in and it ll say it recovered from and unexpected restart I don t normally leave my computer on when Computer randomly restarts when not actively using I m not using it or near it So it ll do Computer randomly restarts when not actively using this after about - minutes of sitting Idle would be my guess Which come to think of it is when my screensaver is running which is a custom one I got from the internet featuring the matrix code falling down the screen Damn could that be it Anyway it was never a problem until yesterday when it restarted itself and all my programs in the Programs x were wiped out I E the folders are there but they are completely empty Sorry for this being so long just trying to be thorough here is my specs Windows Intel Core Duo E GHz Gb Corsair RAM HIS Radeon HD Watt Corsair PSU Gigabyte Motherboard Anything else just ask Help would be greatly appreciated Edit Also rarely when I hit the power button to turn on my computer when it s off it ll make three rapid beeps and the display won t come on but pressing the power button to shut it off and turning it back on fixes it nbsp

A:Computer randomly restarts when not actively using

Eh, hate to bump but I need a solution.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-randomly-restarts-when-not-actively-using.161482/
Relevancy 25.8%

motherboard abit nf7-s
ram 2 1 gig sticks pc 27000
gforce 6200 512 vid card
500 watt psu
160 gig WD 7200 rpm
amd athlon xp 2600 1.9

So i added new ram pc 2700 1 gig ram 2 sticks and my computer locks up and restarts randomly and will sometimes loop when starting up, it doesn't matter what im doing it will do all of these!!

When i put back in my old ram 256 and 512 my computer goes back to being stable!! So to me once i hit 1 gig of memory the computer locks up or restarts whenever it wants to!!

All my motherboard drivers are old and same with bios, So basically to sum it up i use whatever drivers that come with the motherboard cd!! I don't know how to upgrade these im kinda of a noob lol.

A:Comp locks up and restarts after adding 1GB of RAM

It looks like you should be able to run up to three sticks of PC 27000 on this motherboard so that shouldn't be the problem. So we should probably start with the premise that the new memory may be defective or there's something out of whack with the BIOS settings for your new memory. Might want to set memory timings to auto in the BIOS for starters and reset the processor to stock speeds if you're overclocking. Then you need to run memory diagnostics by starting with one of the two new sticks of memory ... if the first passes remove it and test the second. Hopefully, this will give us some indication of where the problem lies.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/comp-locks-up-and-restarts-after-adding-1gb-of-ram.160205/
Relevancy 14.62%

On one rig I got GTS mb and it works flawlesslly However on another machine I got GTS Not 'oh really. so you GTS it crashes, BSOD, Gainward 250 name freezes... great'? gb which Gainward GTS 250 'oh so great'? Not really. BSOD, crashes, freezes... you name it earned the quot Piece Gainward GTS 250 'oh so great'? Not really. BSOD, crashes, freezes... you name it of sh t quot sticker The issues are usual for the gb model blue Gainward GTS 250 'oh so great'? Not really. BSOD, crashes, freezes... you name it screen restart games freeze crash audio loops inifinitely strange psychodelic colorful lines swarm the monitor cubes of various colors do the same And yes it happens in many games and to many people at least according to what I ve found browsing forums As with other people in my case too the issues happen with Bad Company Assassin s creed GTA etc It appears that the problem is with the nV drivers I ve found somewhere that installing a much older version of nVidia graphic drivers solves the issue but I d rather search for help on what to I ve updated BIOS Chipset Audio Lan DirectX nVidia GPU driver is Event Source nv Event ID Minidump files are bellow The error in the Event Viewer appeared on July th EDIT Forgot to mention tha powa is Thermaltek w Forward thanks Kreinzer nbsp

A:Gainward GTS 250 'oh so great'? Not really. BSOD, crashes, freezes... you name it

If its the 1gb model, just use a 512, you get like .01% less performance. And you could just update to the latest drivers, maybe Nvidia has since fixed the issues.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gainward-gts-250-oh-so-great-not-really-bsod-crashes-freezes-you-name-it.150050/
Relevancy 14.19%

Hello For the past two weeks my laptop has been beeping It doesn t beep when I first turn the computer on Once I m to the desktop it starts Vista Studio Dell 64 continuous a BSOD with beep and 1536 has to beep and it s VERY inconsistent It may beep every five minutes or every minutes Sometimes it beeps once and other times its beeped two Dell Studio 1536 with Vista 64 has a continuous beep and BSOD or three times fast And occasionally I get the BSOD saying something about quot dumping my physical memory quot On top of that when I load the computer I get an error saying that my Catalyst Control Centre is not working I just assumed all these things were connected A few months ago my hard drive died so I installed a new one I haven t had any issues until the issues I listed above all of which start just a few weeks ago Unfortunately my warranty has expired so Dell s support hasn t been much help So does this sound like the hard drive I installed is creating the issues Any advice is very helpful nbsp

A:Dell Studio 1536 with Vista 64 has a continuous beep and BSOD

Have you checked for crud in your keyboard... any cause for a sticking key, sticking space bar, etc.

Don't see how the hard drive could cause the problem.

Have you looked at all the Dell Beep Codes... They are posted elsewhere on this TechSpot forum... that could give you a starting point.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dell-studio-1536-with-vista-64-has-a-continuous-beep-and-bsod.154876/
Relevancy 14.62%

So i decided to fire up my brothers computer that he hasnt used for about 2 years and keep running into the bsod with the error about nvlddmkm.sys for my graphics card, the monitor is also blurred as in the colors are distorted and random colors will blurr to the right or the left of where they should be. I can get it to bootup once i go into safe mode and delete the nvlddmkm.sys but when i try and install the latest driver and reboot the same problem and same error pops up. Any advice on how to fix this error? And I was hoping that by installing the newest driver properly that perhaps the blurry screen will clear up, is that just wishfull thinking or could the blurry screen actually be fixed? The computer is running vista 64 with 4g ram and 750w psu. Thanks for the help guys.

A:BSOD video card 8800gtx error: nvlddmkm.sys

as you can imagine nvlddmkm.sys is part of the driver installation so simply deleting it will either cause errors or blue screens. there are a number of things that could be causing this to happen, such as corrupted files, a bad power supply, or even the card itself. the first thing i would advise is to do a clean installation of the display drivers, which requires you to use a piece of software such as Driver Sweeper to completely purge the associated driver files. once this is done, you can restart the computer and proceed to install the drivers normally.

if this fails, you may be looking at corruption in Vista itself or possibly with the motherboard chipset drivers. there's also a slim chance that you need to update DirectX software or frameworks for graphics-based software. if it comes down to having to test the actual hardware, there are limited options. the best way would be to test the card in another computer (preferably one with a different OS) and to test the power supply and RAM if you can. is there any reason in particular that the computer hasn't been used for a couple of years? there's always a possibility that your brother knew to replace something and never did

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-video-card-8800gtx-error-nvlddmkm-sys.151876/
Relevancy 14.62%

Hello everyone,

I just bought some Hardware to build a new computer from Scratch.

I bought:

1. Asus P5E3 Pro Motherboard (DDR3 RAM DIMMS)
2. PSU Coolmax CUL-750B 750W
3. 2x2GB OCZ OCZ3G10664GK R (DDR3 RAM)
4. VGA Card - ASUS ENGTS250/DI/512MD3
5. Intel Core 2 Quad Q8400 2.66Ghz 1333

I installed Windows 7 x64bit OEM

I am having problems with BSOD (different ones not the same one every time)

I would like to know if its a compatibility Problem with My RAM and Motherboard or could it be something else. I am very bad with Hardware and I just bought parts that I knew could fit in theory.

BIOS is set to default because I don't know how to configure it (Probably thinking why did I buy parts instead of a built computer)

Could you please help?

A:Compatible RAM for Asus P5E3 Pro Motherboard (BSOD)

Your RAM isn't on Asus' memory QVL (Qualified Vendors List)-but that isn't to say that it's not supported.
Having your power supply checked might be an option if your graphics card seems to run slow or you are getting fluctuating performance.
Because OCZ memory modules lack what are called embedded XMP profiles, your motherboard will have difficulty assigning a setting for them so you will need to do it manually.
Download Memtest86+ from here http://www.memtest.org/#downiso
***under the Memtest86+ v4.00, select "Download -Pre-compiled bootable iso ", save and unzip if downloading the zip file then burn a BOOTABLE CD using ImgBurn or your usual burning software (Nero etc.).- this program runs at BIOS level
Download MemSet here http://www.softpedia.com/get/System/System-Info/MemSet.shtml
You can also download CPU-Z -it gives a much simplified version of the RAM timings but you can also access chipset and CPU info. download here http://www.cpuid.com/cpuz.php

First order of business would be ascertain whether the RAM modules are not defective.
I presume the RAM in question is OCZ's Gold XTC modules - if they are then you can try to manually select the timings- they should be on a sticker on the side of the RAM, which should be 7-7-7-21 ( CAS (or CL)-tRCD-tRP-tRAS) at 1.5 to 1.6 volts.
IF THIS IS NOT YOUR RAM THEN GO NO FURTHER, If it is then you need to set it in order to test it for stability.
Boot into your BIOS. Select the second tab "A.I.Tweaker"
Set PCIE Frequency to 100 (if not already set)
Set DRAM Frequency to DDR3-1066 (if not already set)
Set DRAM Command rate to 2T (if not already set)
Set DRAM Timing Control to Manual
Note the string of timings following "Pri.Information" on the next line-they should be the same as the settings you are about to input.
Set CAS# Frequency to 7 DRAM Clocks
Set RAS# to CAS# Delay to 7 DRAM Clocks
Set RAS# Precharge to 7 DRAM Clocks
Set RAS# Active time to 21 DRAM Clocks
leave the rest of the timings on Auto for now and move down the page until you get to..
DRAM Voltage ....type in 1.60
Hit F10 to save and exit
**If you can boot into windows then run Memset (NOT the Memtest86+ cd you burned!) and note -or better still get a screen capture of the timings (and include in your next post)-here is an example of one of my old screenshots-take no notice of the values but note that both modules SPD (A and B )values are shown-so expand the window.

** If you cannot load Windows then get back to the BIOS and revert settings by choosing Restore Defaults, F10 to save and exit. The likely cause will be insufficient MCH (Northbridge) voltage.
If Memset shows you the correct values and voltage then you can move on to testing.
Reboot and select CD as your first bootable drive
Insert your Memtest86+ bootable cd into the drive
Hit F10 to save and exit
Memtest86+ will boot automatically once the motherboard POST's. As it's a DOS program it is fairly straightforward -The test actually comprises 8 seperate tests. Once all 8 have run then your RAM has completed a "Pass" -for 4Gb a Pass takes around 20-30 minutes.
Run 7 (minimum) to 12 passes. If the testing shows no errors then stop the test at your leisure.
Return to your BIOS, change the boot order back to Harddrive (I assume)
Take the CD out of the drive
F10 to save and exit -congratulations your RAM is stable. The next step would be to stress test the CPU/RAM fo test for stability- but one thing at a time

If the test throws up errors then note the Number of the test and the error code- the test will continue if the errors are not to great. If the testing serquence stops then stop the test, reboot, change boot order, remove cd and F10.
The RAM could fail from either physical damage it has suffered or the timing (and sub-timings) are unstable. We can look into that if the need arises.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/compatible-ram-for-asus-p5e3-pro-motherboard-bsod.141038/
Relevancy 26.23%

my computer starts with initial temp 75C, when starting a game or even a small program in reaches 96 and restarts, I changed the termal material between the CPU and the heatsink and made sure the fan is installed tightly, I thaught of underclocking because its cheeper but it didnt decrease the temp significantly. what solutions are there other than water cooling?
these are my computer's specs:

Intel original motherboard 915gux
intel pentium 3.0 Ghz LGA 775 socket
ATI HD 4350 PCI-E
2 GB Ram
2x 250 HDD

Thanx

A:CPU temp reaches 96C and restarts PC

You definitely should not require water cooling on that Pentium. What are the ambient temperatures like? I think that the thermal compund may have not been applied correctly or the contact between HSF and CPU is not sufficient. I hope you did not apply too much TIM. Sometimes that acts as an insulator resulting in very high temps. Remove the HSF and clean off all the residual TIM from it and the CPU. Ensure that nothing falls into the mobo as it could cause a short. Then re-apply the thermal compund and re-assemble it. If it still doesn't help, look to getting a better aftermarket HSF.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-temp-reaches-96c-and-restarts-pc.147342/
Relevancy 25.8%

heyy every onne I was hoping you could dirrect me in the right dirrection Ok so i got a new motherbourd Its a old bourd but its just for my soon Specs ASUS M NPV-MX - motherboard - micro ATX - GeForce This is what after Computer boot from 2-3 seconds restarts it is Manufacturer ASUS Product MPN MPN S Key Features Form Factor Micro ATX Compatibility PC Chipset NVIDIA GeForce Compatible Processors AMD Athlon AMD Sempron AMD Athlon FX AMD Athlon X Front Side Bus Speed MHz Technical Features Integrated Input Output Ports USB x Serial Port x RJ Lan Computer restarts after 2-3 seconds from boot Port x PS Mouse x PS Keyboard x Parallel Port ECP EPP Computer restarts after 2-3 seconds from boot SPP x Floppy Port x Expansion Computer restarts after 2-3 seconds from boot Slots PCI Express x x PCI Express x x PCI x RAID Support JBOD Support SATA RAID SATA RAID SATA RAID SATA RAID Storage Controller Type s DMA ATA- Ultra x Serial ATA II x Processor Socket Type Socket AM Max supported CPUs qty Memory Memory Type DDR SDRAM Number of Memory Slots x Pin DIMMs Supported RAM speeds Mhz MHz MHz Max Supported RAM GB Audio Video Audio Output Sound Card SPDIF Out Channels Line Out Integrated Audio ADI A Audio Input Microphone Jack x Line In Video Out Ports DVI x Pin D-Sub VGA port x Video Interface PCI Express x On Board Graphic Processor NVIDIA GeForce LE Communication Networking Type Ethernet Gigabit Ethernet Fast Ethernet Other Features Other Features Chassis intrusion detection Dual Channel Memory Architecture bit Ready Fans x -pin fan headers x -pin fan headers Chassis Type Desktop Package Qty Dimensions Width cm Depth cm Miscellaneous Bios Features Plug And Play BIOS DMI WfM SMBIOS ACPI Power Configurations ACPI APM Power Management Wake On Ring Header Wake On LAN Header Suspend to RAM Wakeup from Keyboard Mouse Real Time Clock Wake-up Alarm Regulatory Approval FCC Class B FCC Part ICES Bios Type Mbit Flash EEPROM with AwardBIOS first of all my problem was i set it all up Put my card in HDD Proccessor PSu etc when i turned it on it restarted after - secounds with no sound or any thing odd So i thought ok somthing is wrong what i done was started removing things like my graphics card etcc untill i found out the the PSU connector ATX v was maing it restart so i was just wondering is there any other ways to make it boot with out or any other solution Thanks for reading if u need more info just ask and ill provide Once again thanks Peace out nbsp

A:Computer restarts after 2-3 seconds from boot

reece10,
With this computer I will try to help you out since i am new to the forums myself. Follow these steps as I myself have came across this problem. I will try to put it as simple as I can for you. You will have to do this procedure fast so familiarize yourself with it and instantly begin the process once windows boots up. It might take you a couple of tries.

Right click on "My Computer"
Select "Properties"
Click on the "Advanced" tab
Under start-up and recovery click "Settings"
Under system failure take the "check mark" out of automatically restart
Click ok

This should stop the computer from rebooting every few seconds. This is when your computer comes across a simple error or hiccup it will automatically reboot your computer everytime. Hopefully this will solve your issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-restarts-after-2-3-seconds-from-boot.141559/
Relevancy 26.23%

hi everyone, i really need some help.

My pc get 4-5 seconds into boot before it automatically restarts again and again with no display on the monitor.
it starts up normally with all lights on board and fans working and hard drives active. but its just in this endless look of boot and restart. i cant get into safe mode or anything.
ive inspected the board and graphics card for any burst or cracked capacitors but all looks fine. ive also removed the ram and put them back in different slots one at a time, but nothing.

mb, psu and case are all 1 year old

A:PC restarts 4-5 second into boot repeatedly

Does it begin to load windows and then reboot, or does it happen before?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-restarts-4-5-second-into-boot-repeatedly.146010/
Relevancy 26.66%

hey guys.. need some help here...
my pc gone mad... der are times it went good. .. then suddenly...
it restarts and restarts all over again and again...
i've already check it up and all components are good... power is good.. hard disk is good,, RAM is good.. i already gone through clean format.. but few days later.... its all the same... i'm seriously need help for this thing... thanks in advance...

A:Restarts, restarts and restarts

1. Do you get any BSOD (i.e. Blue Screen of Death) or it just restarts without any warning or such?

2. Check your system's logs for clues, you can do that by going to Control Panel, Administrative Tools, then to Event Viewer (assuming you are using XP), and review all logs, specially with red & and yellow tags, if you found something like that please let us know so we can be in better position to help you.

Lastly, do provide us what is your system's specifications/OS etc.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/restarts-restarts-and-restarts.143760/
Relevancy 25.8%

when i turn off my pc without unplugging it everything works fine, but when the computer has been unplugged it asks me to re do all of my bios settings, could this be because of my motherboard or maybe an Bios Update?, Please help...

A:PC restarts BIOS settings when unplugged

Try replacing the CMOS battery on the motherboard. It will be a flat coin-like battery.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-restarts-bios-settings-when-unplugged.144142/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hello all I really hope you can help me every 3-4 (restarts My wont computer boot seconds) with My computer wont boot (restarts every 3-4 seconds) this My computer wont boot (restarts every 3-4 seconds) it started minutes ago I have a desktop computer and when I hit the powerbutton it turns on the fans start spinning and everything sounds normal and then after or seconds the system reboots itself and tries to start up again This continues in an endless cycle untill I decide it is time to stop Nothing happens no signal to the screen no beeps nothing This is probablt not the case but I just bought a Logitech Wave keyboard and I noticed it had a hibernation button on it and so I thought I would try and see if it worked After I pressed it this started happening and first off I turned the computer off and tried to power it back on but without luck I have tried disconnecting both rams one at a time removing the gfx card and disconnected the dvd drive even without any results The computer just sits there and reboots every - seconds I would probably suspect the motherboard at this point If I press the quot RESET quot button on the motherboard two yellow lights flash on the Gigabyte Motherboard and it resets the same ligts that flash every seconds when the computer reboots on its own If anyone can help it would be greatly appreciated nbsp

A:My computer wont boot (restarts every 3-4 seconds)

I would say that you should reconnect all components in your system. Then start it up and check. Use your old keyboard if possible.

Nothing else comes to mind. If it still doesn't work, then try solving the problem through elimination. First connect only the minimum components required for the PC to boot into BIOS (i.e.processor, 1 module of RAM and the gfx card only if you don't have onboard VGA). If you're able to boot into BIOS, then add your 2nd memory module and test. Continue adding components and restarting to check when the problem appears.

All the best.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-computer-wont-boot-restarts-every-3-4-seconds.141059/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hi all,

So the title says it all. My desktop PC restarts after 8min 20sec of uptime.
It will restart after 8min 20sec of idling, or it will restart after I click an icon to run a program (Firefox, usually).

I can't run checkdisk/antivirus/memory testing programs because once the 8min 20sec timepoint has passed the computer restarts... so these programs get nowhere.

I'm thinking that this might be a Power Supply problem, from other searching and whatnot I have done. How can I tell if it is a PSU problem or if it isn't?

What I find odd about the whole bit is that it reboots after such a time (timed with a stopwatch so that's how I know)... if it was a PSU problem wouldn't the computer not start at all?

If you all need any system specs, I'll provide them.

Thanks.

-'Mage

A:Computer restarts after running for about 8 min, 20 sec

Defective component...
Inadequate or too much thermal paste. CPU fan is failing, or is wobbling. Bad memory module. Bad power supply. Bad capacitor on system board. Hard drive is in early state of failure. Overheating from inadequate cooling somewhere.
What is the brand and model of the computer, or the motherboard. What is the configuration... hard drive, memory,cooling, power supply. Is it overclocked?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-restarts-after-running-for-about-8-min-20-sec.140687/
Relevancy 26.23%

Lately my house has been having a lot of power cuts, pretty much every day, something happens and the mains trips out, still trying to sorce it.

When i put the power back on my pc starts up automatically, even though it was off, but plugged in when the cut occured. When it restarts i have to reset my BIOS (time, date, 1st hard drive, boot sequence). I'm convinced theres nothing wrong with the CMOS battery, as it will keep all details before i started having these problems, and on the odd occasion i can get a few days without a power cut.

AMD Dual core X" 6000+ 3.0ghz
Win XP pro
500 watt psu

A:PC restarts after power cut problem

If anyone ever needed a UPS, you do. Under the circumstances I would strongly recommend one.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-restarts-after-power-cut-problem.140700/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hi, I have HP DX6100MT desktop. This desktop was automatically getting restart while starting Window XP. I tried lot but could not resolve problem, then I replace PC with new harddisk but still while installing XP with bootable CD it restart when message comes "Starting Windows XP" (Blue screen at the begining).
Please help to resolve this problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-restarts.140697/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hello there,
i want to ask why my pc restarts by itself when i run the ati radeon hd 2400 pro agp set up? It happens all the time... I think its the power supply but im not sure. I have already erased the Data from the HDDs and the problem continued...

A:PC restarts while setting up ATI drivers

You could need a new updated computer
AGP is really old now

Note: If you need tech support for your issue, please refer back to this reply: Click: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic138492.html#post820985

We were in the Chat & Socialize forum (no tech support in there )

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-restarts-while-setting-up-ati-drivers.138493/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hi, I have a problem here. It happens when our computer is turned on in the morning; sometimes it is on for a while, and then it restarts, just like if someone would have hit the reset button, the screen just goes black, and then it starts up again immediately. It usually restarts 2 or 3 times, sometimes one right after the other, and sometimes it waits a while and then does it. After that, if we leave it on, it works fine all the rest of the day. I should mention that it started happening about 3 days after I cleaned it out on the inside, it might not have any connection, but I thought maybe that would help. I have tried a few things, but it doesn't help, it just happens again. What could it be? It has Windows XP, a 1.7GHz AMD Duron processor, and 512mb. of RAM. Could Anybody help me? Thanks, thehobbitech

A:Help needed, computer restarts alone

This sounds like a heat issue but then again you say it stays on for the rest of the day after several restarts.

What is the make, model, and amount of watts of your power supply? How old is your system?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-needed-computer-restarts-alone.136203/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hello i ve been having a re-occuring problem with my pc This error has only occured during gaming Visual indication would be the screen freezing on a freezes/locks restarts up and Computer also now specific frame Sound would indiciate a reptition loop of the last half second of noise produced by the game And for my pc case i have a led that connects to the HDD that blinks to show HDD activity When the freezing first starts it would blink in a constant cycle then a few moments later the light would turn off My screen would still be Computer freezes/locks up and now also restarts frozen and the sound would not loop anymore but only play the last sound genereated by the game On another occasion I decided not to manually push the restart button to get the pc going again and I decided to wait and see what happens The HDD LED light flashed and the sound came up for a split second then restarted Things I ve done to try to troubleshoot Chckdsk Using regular chkdsk in run will check to about nd or rd step then it says errors found cannot run in read only mode chkdsk f Ran SEAGATE diag tools Tests run SMART check Short drive self test short generic test Long self drive test All tests came back as PASSED Right click My Pc - gt Manage - gt Disk Management - gt Right-Click C drive - gt Properties - gt Error Checking - gt Check Now The test would not start till i rebooted and i did so I waited for the step test to finish and my regular boot up screen proceeded and i logged in Cleaned out all dust from pc Re-applied thermal paste to CPU Memtest v Made sure the rail or w e PSU supports my pc and GPU I ve updated graphic card drivers HDD firmware PC SPECS Quad core Q Seagate gb bfg gts kingston gb ram coolmaster W GPU C idle C load CPU C idle C load Also on one occasion after the restart of my pc I started doing what I regularly do After I was done I shut it down Next morning I turn on my pc boot up and everything was fine but I recieved an additional dialog box saying my pc has recovered from a serious error dont know why it came up and if it should come up shouldnt it have come up after the auto restart Heres the log in event viewer Source System Error Category Event ID Error code ea parameter b parameter parameter f parameter In bytes d System E f rror Er f f ror code e d a Param eters c b c f c Any solutions Thanks nbsp

A:Computer freezes/locks up and now also restarts

What is the make and model of your motherboard? What operating system are you running?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-freezes-locks-up-and-now-also-restarts.137608/
Relevancy 26.66%

The problem occured with one of my friends PC. It crashed. As usually I cleaned it from dust and so(replacing termopaste,cleaning the cooler e.t.c).
Put on XP sp2(clean reinstall),bet encountered a error I can't deal with.
PC restarts every time it boots up. Sometimes it's working for 1-5min.
Made a printscreen,but can't figure out those minidumps.
Maybe somebody can help me out with this?
can't figure out where is the problem

http: //bildites.lv/viewer.php?file=nic8ii3hqzz5rs97jqrc. jpg

Theres a dash between http and at the end,before jpg.
I really don't have time to wait till 5 posts

Friends PC stats- motherboard- Asus P4P800, Cpu- 3.0ghz,ram- kingston ddr 800mhz(1gb,kit of two),PSU- 350w,graphic card- was radeon 9800,128mb(AGP),replaced it with similar Geforce 128mb .. anyone?

A:PC restarts all the time

Try starting with only one memory stick installed

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-restarts-all-the-time.136064/
Relevancy 15.05%

Hello,

I have a Dell Inspiron 8600 laptop. At the moment, I have no OS running, as I am trying to reformat my computer. In doing so, I received the BSOD message: partmgr.sys - Address F87C04AB base at F87BE000.

Do I need a new hard drive?

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

KJA6

A:BSOD message: partmgr.sys

What Windows CD version are you using to boot with and did you set the CD as the first boot device? I could be wrong but maybe you aren't booting correctly.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-message-partmgr-sys.137335/
Relevancy 14.62%

Hey everyone I m back with another problem This time it s in my personal laptop So about weeks ago a friend of mine installed GB RAM into my nv4_disp Help BSOD infinite loop with laptop After a couple of days with the RAM I turned on my laptop and find my screen flashing red Parts of the screen were pixeled red After backing up my files through safe mode I brought the computer to the college tech support They figured Help with nv4_disp infinite loop BSOD it s a driver problem so they updated my video driver Into what I cannot remember The problem randomly appeared and that forced me to format and start fresh So a new problem arose As the title suggested I randomly get the nv disp infinite loop BSOD Sometimes Help with nv4_disp infinite loop BSOD my screen would just freeze and not do anything Sometimes the screen flashes Help with nv4_disp infinite loop BSOD but I can still move my mouse pointer And it hasn t really been too friendly when I open the only two games I have in my computer in an attempt to see how bad the damage is I looked up some solutions online which included uninstalling and reinstalling drivers After a few attempts of that with the update the NVIDIA website provided I rolled back my driver into driver version So here are some things about my computer Model Dell Latitude D System Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack Computer Intel R Core TM Duo CPU t GHz GHz with GB of RAM Driver Details Currently NVIDIA Quadro NVS M Driver Version Personally I wouldn t mind this problem But I have a final project for a class where I need a video presentation and I am using Pinnacle Studio I m not sure if it s just me being retarded and missing a driver to install but I m pretty sure I reinstalled everything after formatting my computer Any help is greatly appreciated If any more information is needed please tell me so I can attempt to provide you with correct information not completely tech savvy for a computer engineering major ironically nbsp

A:Help with nv4_disp infinite loop BSOD

First of all you have to make sure that the 667 memory and the nvidia driver is compatible with your Dell laptops model, and you should use the Nvidia video and chipset driver from Dell and not from the nvidia site. You can up the shared video memory to 256MB maximum

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-nv4_disp-infinite-loop-bsod.137089/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hi I have bought new motherboard and processor last week and i have formatted my computer comletely and installed winxp pro with all its updates The computer restarts itself randomaly while i click or play anything for example I click on a Computer restarts randomly by itself web page in IE crash I click on a video in youtube or anything else im sure it doesn t matter and the mili second i do it crashes I checked what I should do to Computer restarts by itself randomly see what the problem is and the first thing i did was going to system failure and uncheck automatic restart so ill get a blue window that shows the code of the problem but it didn t its just keeps restarting itself without anything to show me My computer speccs are PSU hiper hpu- m -pu w Graphic Card Radeon HD Motherboard Intel BLKDP WB Whitesburg Processor Intel Core i - Box Memory G Skill DDR GB Mhz CL - - - Computer restarts by itself randomly NT Hard disk Two of Western Digital gb I m not sure if the problem is my specc but tell me if im wrong Thanks anyways nbsp

A:Computer restarts by itself randomly

Did you install all the drivers too?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-restarts-by-itself-randomly.136704/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hello people A few weeks ago I had an overheating error without Computer Restarts any problem with CPU Pentium D Ghz The temp was like C working a few minutes and than restarting I knew its CPU problem so I Computer Restarts without any error changed it bought a new Intel Core Duo E Now this one is Computer Restarts without any error working good temp - C but the problem is that after around hours of working it keeps restarting again and the temps are still cool - C I made some tests formated disk and installed a new copy of windows Computer Restarts without any error switched the RAMs in different slots replaced with different one stoped the quot Automatically Restart quot option of windows and still the same problem Does anyone know how to fix this Running Asus P B-Deluxe motherboard Intel Core Duo E GHz cpu x GB Corsair XMS DDR MHz v memory GeForce graphic card ASUS Triton mm CPU Cooler RaptoxX W power supply Samsung GB hard disk and x MB Kingston memory for testing nbsp

A:Computer Restarts without any error

Your power supply might be the problem. Do you have access to another to test?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-restarts-without-any-error.135652/
Relevancy 26.23%

hi everyone i really need some help after months of being overseas i started my pc and it ran fine windows and all antivirus updated as normal scans were done and everything restarts second PC repeatedly boot into 4-5 seemed fine but a few days later the pc just rebooted automatically while PC restarts 4-5 second into boot repeatedly i was using it for no reason and no warning it booted back up and it was ok this happened twice it wasnt under load and wasnt overheating but after that it froze and didnt display anything on the monitor so i restarted it and ever since i will only get - seconds into boot before it automatically restarts again and again with no display on the monitor it starts up normally with all lights on board and fans working and hard PC restarts 4-5 second into boot repeatedly drives active but its just in this endless look of boot and restart i cant get into safe mode or anything ive inspected the PC restarts 4-5 second into boot repeatedly board and graphics card for any burst or cracked capacitors but all looks fine ive also removed the ram and put them back in different slots one at a time but nothing i should also ad that sometimes my pc is on for days at a time as i download quite a bit but there are plenty of fans and it never overheats i built it myself and have never had hardware problems nothing is overclocked and it has run very smoothly until now mb psu and case are all mths old specs windows xp sp gigabyte x -dq mb intel e cpu ghz asus gforce gt mb graphics w amacrox psu hard disks and dvd rom all in a thermaltake armor case with fans please help im lost without my pc any help is greatly appreciated Thanks guys nbsp

A:PC restarts 4-5 second into boot repeatedly

Try changing the battery on your motherboard. See if that helps. My PC too once had a similar problem of restarting randomly within a few minutes. A new battery fixed it.

Else it could be the PSU or motherboard itself.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-restarts-4-5-second-into-boot-repeatedly.134584/
Relevancy 26.66%

Dear Friends,
My new ( 2 weeks old)PC with intel i7 processor , intelŽ Desktop Board DX58SO with 4gbDDR.
It was showing some problem even from the beginning during installation of XP.
Repeated blue screen. After doing chkdisc and removing one of the RAM s ( from 6 GB to 4 gb) i was able to install XP.
I installed antivirus and updated windows. I updated the bios also
Now when i connect my ext hard disc of 1 tb or of 160 gb. it automatically restarts. But not always. Most of the times it is when I am just connecting the usb.
What should I do?

A:PC Restarts when connecting ext HD

This may sound a little stupid, but ensure that your PSU power cord is plugged in tightly. If it's loose you may disturb the cord while pushing in the USB, causing the computer to restart.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-restarts-when-connecting-ext-hd.134603/
Relevancy 15.05%

hi.

my system:

gigabyte X48TDQ6 mobo
qx9650cpu
gtx285
2X2gb ocz ddr3 1600mhz

my problem:

i have run my system for about a year with q6600 cpu with no problems with this mobo,memory,graphic card.

yesterday i have changed my cpu to qx9650 with the intel stock cpu fan. when i play games after 20 minutes i get bsod and the system reboot even in regular use on desktop.

the cpu temp in idele is about 27 deg. (not seems beacuse overhit)

on bios everythind on standart/auto (no o.c).

i upgrade my bios revision.

the bsod is "not less or equel" something:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1037

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: a
BCP1: 0000000010000002
BCP2: 000000000000000C
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: FFFFF800020BCAC1
OS Version: 6_0_6001
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1

thanx 4 any help.

A:Bsod after replacing cpu

look on the box the CPU came in, or run CPU-z and see what the revision is. If it is an E0 you need BIOS F8D beta to run that CPU. At least that is what Gigabyte is showing for that CPU on the GA-X48-DQ6 mobo. I couldn't find a GA-X48-TDQ6 mobo listed on their site. Typo or wrong region possibly? Also check windows updates. There may be something for that CPU, or maybe you need more than SP1 on your OS? Your BSOD screen by the way is referencing a failure to read paged memory.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-after-replacing-cpu.134111/
Relevancy 26.23%

I have Windows Vista home basic and the other night I was using it and suddenly it shut down and restarted...it seems to load just fine but once my desktop begins to load it sends me to the "shutting down" screen and restarts it yet again! I can run it in safe mode just fine. Also doing an OS repair on the Vista DVD just tells me that nothing is wrong with my computer. I ran Ad-aware and Avira in safe mode and it still doesn't do anything. Any thoughts?

A:Vista restarts as soon as it loads

It is probably a failing hard drive or memory

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/vista-restarts-as-soon-as-it-loads.133193/
Relevancy 14.62%

I came home from a vacation after summer everything was my and Just computer new installed now processor gets BSOD's 955) (X4 already Just installed new processor (X4 955) and now my computer gets BSOD's set up in my computer except that I had sold Just installed new processor (X4 955) and now my computer gets BSOD's the Phenom X before I left which left my computer well CPU-less When I came back I bought a new Phenom X So I installed the processor and the stock heatsink and fan that came with it No I m not overclocking the CPU No I m not doing anything else out of the ordinary I ve had this processor installed for at least a week now My computer will just randomly get the blue screen of doom or death and just restart I NEED TO KNOW HOW TO FIX THIS PROBLEM I can t take this anymore I downloaded a program called BlueScreenView by NirSoft so that I can view the BSOD error codes etc etc So I can tell you exactly what BSOD happened and at what time I just need to know how to fix it The three BSOD s I ve been getting are DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL x d KERNEL MODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED x e and PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA x HOW CAN I FIX ANY OF THESE nbsp

A:Just installed new processor (X4 955) and now my computer gets BSOD's

Sounds like a bios update might help. Version 2606 appears to be the latest for Vista if you have 32 bit.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/just-installed-new-processor-x4-955-and-now-my-computer-gets-bsods.133084/
Relevancy 26.23%

Hi my computer constantly restarts after the windows xp boot up logo is displayed. Tried starting in safe mode but that does not help. Even "debugging mode" doesnt do it.
Tried repairing using the XP installation disk....no such luck.
Can anybody help?

A:Computer restarts after XP logo

Your issue, at this point, could be any number of things...
The first thing we want to do is get to a point where some diagnostics can be run, and to do this, we need more information.

Tell us more about your computer (hardware and Windows Version and SP).
Tell us more about the circumstances under which this started happening?
What was / were the last things you were doing successfully?
Had you updated any software?
Had you changed any hardware?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-restarts-after-xp-logo.127747/
Relevancy 14.62%

hi i have been getting random bsod when playing games and sometimes watching videos online says video driver stopped responding sometimes bsod sometimes it recovers says to upgrade drivers which i have doesnt help it has done this with every driver i have installed.

vista home premium
asus p5q pro
ati 4780 512
2/2g corsiar dominator
e 8400 @ 3.00
XFI PLATINUM
pc power +cooling 750 w
2/300g vel raptor hd raid o

hers the mini dump please help

A:Random bsod video drivers

Your video card may be over heating

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/random-bsod-video-drivers.132166/
Relevancy 25.37%

This is a new problem for me, I built a new system and loaded XP from disk and setup goes well and partition is fine but when i go to format the newly selected partition (which is mandatory) the system restarts with no error message given, i have tried another (new) drive and cable and the same this happens, What gives?

A:During Setup when format is started system restarts, no error

Bad memory or motherboard...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/during-setup-when-format-is-started-system-restarts-no-error.132126/
Relevancy 24.94%

Ok i have a big problem with my laptop while surfing the web i accidently aquired a virus of somesort which repeatdly told me i needed to buy their software to stop viruses I googled it and was told how to remove it by using a certain malware removal program It also said its harmless however while trying to scan it closed a couple of times randomly and while i went on the internet again it crashed and restarted my computer It then did it again however when i turn it on i get stuck in an infinite loop It constantly restarts i have to choose wether to run it in safe modes etc or normal mode However all options flash up a blue screen after the windows loader and then restarts and i am back at the option screen Through i little googling i found it could be due to a power cord failure or something however im on a laptop so it still has recharged power I think its more likely to be a trojan called quot sasser quot talked about here cant post a link however if you google quot constantly restarting computer quot its the th result its by Pretty computer in problem, constantly big restarts mode even safe wikianswers Pretty big computer problem, constantly restarts even in safe mode However i cannot get onto my desktop or CMD in anyform even in safe modes it constantly restarts Im pretty computer illiterate but any help would be greatly appreciated Even if it is just to confirm my suspicion of it being completely screwed ps Sorry if this is the wrong section nbsp

A:Pretty big computer problem, constantly restarts even in safe mode

try booting into Safe Mode but elect to start from Last Known Configuration

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pretty-big-computer-problem-constantly-restarts-even-in-safe-mode.131043/
Relevancy 15.05%

Can t seem to find any solutions to this ongoing problem Currently Kernel_Mode_Exception_Not_Handled_M BSOD, using WinDbg to debug issue however I am not having much luck Here are the two latest BSOD Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version X Loading Dump File C WINDOWS Minidump Mini - dmp Mini Kernel Dump File BSOD, Kernel_Mode_Exception_Not_Handled_M Only registers and stack trace are available Symbol search path is msdl Executable search path is Windows Server Kernel Version Service Pack MP procs Free x compatible Product LanManNt suite TerminalServer SingleUserTS Built by srv sp gdr - Machine Name Kernel base x PsLoadedModuleList x af c Debug session time Wed Jul GMT- System Uptime days Loading Kernel Symbols Loading User Symbols Loading unloaded module list Unable to load image navex sys Win error n WARNING Unable to verify timestamp for navex sys ERROR Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for navex sys Bugcheck Analysis Use analyze -v to get detailed debugging information BugCheck E c b d ba b Probably caused by navex sys navex f ba Followup MachineOwner --------- kd gt analyze -v Bugcheck Analysis KERNEL MODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED M e This is a very common bugcheck Usually the exception address pinpoints the driver function that caused the problem Always note this address as well as the link date of the driver image that contains this address Some common problems are exception code x This means a hard coded breakpoint or assertion was hit but this system was booted NODEBUG This is not supposed to happen as developers should never have hardcoded breakpoints in retail code but If this happens make sure a debugger gets connected and the system is booted DEBUG This will let us see why this breakpoint is happening Arguments Arg c The exception code that was not handled Arg b d ba The address that the exception occurred at Arg b Trap Frame Arg Debugging Details ------------------ EXCEPTION CODE NTSTATUS xc - The instruction at quot x lx quot referenced memory at quot x lx quot The memory could not be quot s quot FAULTING IP navex f ba b d ba ffb c a push dword ptr ecx AC h TRAP FRAME b -- trap xffffffffb ErrCode eax ebx e ecx edx esi e caa edi e e a eip b d ba esp b ebp b iopl nv up ei pl nz ac po cy cs ss ds es fs gs efl navex x f ba b d ba ffb c a push dword ptr ecx AC h ds ac Resetting default scope CUSTOMER CRASH COUNT DEFAULT BUCKET ID DRIVER FAULT SERVER MINIDUMP BUGCHECK STR x E PROCESS NAME vbda exe CURRENT IRQL LAST CONTROL TRANSFER from b d e to b d ba STACK TEXT WARNING Stack unwind information not available Following frames may be wrong b b d e e d e e e a navex x f ba b bc b d b e e f e navex x e e b d b a c e d ff b ac navex x e b b a e e f f e dd acd b ac navex x a c b b b a e e e d c e dd acd navex x ce b c b d navex x d e b c e e d c nt ExFreePoolWithTag x a STACK COMMAND kb FOLLOWUP IP navex f ba b d ba ffb c a push dword ptr ecx AC h SYMBOL STACK INDEX SYMBOL NAME navex f ba FOLLOWUP NAME MachineOwner MODULE NAME navex IMAGE NAME navex sys DEBUG FLR IMAGE TIMESTAMP b c FAILURE BUCKET ID x E navex f ba BUCKET ID x E navex f ba Followup MachineOwner --------- Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version X Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved Loading Dump File C WINDOWS Minidump Mini - dmp Mini Kernel Dump File Only registers and stack trace are available Symbol search path is msdl Executable search path is Windows Server Kernel Version Service Pack MP procs Free x compatible Product LanManNt suite TerminalServer SingleUserTS Built by srv sp gdr - Machine Name Kernel base x PsLoadedModuleList x af c Debug session time Wed Jul GMT- System Uptime days Loading Kernel Symbols Loading User Symbols Loading unloaded module list Bugcheck Analysis Use analyze -v to get detailed debugging information BugCheck E c b ef a b a a c Probably caused by hardware afd AfdTransmitFile a Followup MachineOwner --------- kd gt analyze -v Bugcheck Analysis KERNEL MODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED M e This is a very com... Read more

A:BSOD, Kernel_Mode_Exception_Not_Handled_M

you might want to post this in operating system and software.
i would suggest reinstalling windows myself.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-kernel_mode_exception_not_handled_m.130798/
Relevancy 15.05%

Just got a gift from a friend. A Panasonic CF48E. Put a new HD in it, Installed WIN XP pro, and was happy... NO sound.. Looking at the Control panell, looks like the Multimedia Audio Controller has a ( ! ) in the yellow circle. Downloaded what seems to be the correct drivers for it, ir starts to install but mid installation I get the Blue SOD, that says portcls.sys, and it shuts down, and restarts the laptop real fast ( no time to read what the blue screen says..
Anyone see that problem before?
Any solutions? I read all kinds of suggestions, but none work.
Help please.

A:Panasonic CF-48 E Portcls.sys BSOD

Try here:
http://www.panasonic.com/business/toughbook/toughbook-products.asp?cm_mmc=PCSC_Toughbook-_-iProspect_PPC%20-_-Google-_-panasonic%20toughbook

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/panasonic-cf-48-e-portcls-sys-bsod.130384/
Relevancy 15.05%

i was redirected here from the BSOD help as it may be a hardware problem I have a Gateway laptop running Windows XP media center edition with SP and whenever i try logging in it either boots me before loading up or within the first - seconds i have tried running in the last good configuration and safe mode but they dont work it just shuts off without a blue screen the screen has had trouble in the past and doesnt work well now so it is plugged into a computer monitor could that be the reason its having problems the thing is it has used this monitor for a good months at least before having problems I lent the laptop to my girlfriend so she could have a computer in her room with internet then it started doing this there is nothing of major importance on this computer so i really just wanna do a full system restore or repair but i dont know how The system wont stay on long enough and i dont have my cd key either i did just have one successful log in with an error report i am doing the list of things in and log hardly can BSOD microsoft says to do currently looking for updated drivers EDIT BSOD d then got back in and performed a BSOD and can hardly log in quick scan found nothing doing a full scan in hopes it finds something helpful nbsp

A:BSOD and can hardly log in

Memory or failing hard drive... You may have to take it in for service. What kind of scan, memory?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-and-can-hardly-log-in.129603/
Relevancy 15.05%

Hi,
Recently i suffer from BSOD on a daily basis. I can't put any finger on the reason, cause i see no rule. I suspect Outlook 2003 or AVG.
I have attached the the dump file. I dont know how to read it.
Please advise.
regards,
Tany

A:BSOD on XP SP3

What hardware or software did you install just prior to getting bsods?

Your current minidump shows "Stop 0xBE"

Which indicates that a driver attempted to write to read-only memory.

Possible Resolutions:

? A Stop 0xBE message might occur after installing a faulty device driver, system service, or firmware. If a Stop message lists a driver by name, disable, remove, or roll back the driver to correct the problem. If disabling or removing drivers resolves the issues, contact the manufacturer about a possible update. Using updated software is especially important for multimedia applications, antivirus scanners, DVD playback, and CD mastering tools.Click to expand...

Since you suspect AVG and since others have reported issues with AVG8, you may wish to try (Free products, available here)
Avira ... http://www.techspot.com/downloads/41-antivir-personal-edition.html
or Avast ... http://www.techspot.com/downloads/223-avast-home-edition.html

Because of reported security issues, I do not use Outlook, so others will need to assist you there.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-on-xp-sp3.129345/
Relevancy 15.05%

Hello... I'm new here.

I was using my laptop and there were updates. So I installed them before shutting down... but after I checked up on it again, there was a BSOD. The error was Stop Error 0×00000050: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA. Somebody help me please. My laptop is a Toshiba Satellite A215-S4747.

Thank you

A:Toshiba Laptop BSOD

Re: 0x50 errors

Defective memory (including main memory, L2 RAM cache, video RAM) or incompatible software (including remote control and antivirus software) might cause Stop 0x50 messages.

Possible Resolutions:

? If you added new hardware recently, remove and replace the hardware to determine if it is causing or contributing to the problem. Run diagnostics software supplied by the hardware manufacturer to determine if the component has failed.

? Stop 0x50 messages can also occur after installing faulty drivers or system services. If the file name is listed, you need to disable, remove, or roll back that driver. If not, disable the recently installed service or application to determine if this resolves the error. If this does not resolve the problem, contact the hardware manufacturer for updates. Using updated drivers and software is especially important for network interface cards, video adapters, backup programs, multimedia applications, antivirus scanners, and CD mastering tools. If an updated driver is not available, attempt to use a driver from a similar device in the same family. For example, if printing to a Model 1100C printer causes Stop 0x50 errors, using a printer driver meant for a Model 1100A or Model 1000 might temporarily resolve the problem.Click to expand...

Can you boot to safe mode? (f8 after power up - and after bios password if enabled).
From safe mode, right click on my computer, click on properties, click on "hardware" tab, click on "device manager" button.
Check for yellow or red flags... roll back drivers these drivers if possible.

I would like for you to check for memory errors as well...
Use Memtest... See this tutorial... http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html

Since these errors can have many causes...
I would like for you also to go to the Virus and Malware board, and follow carefully the 8 steps.
See here http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic58138.html

Until we can get a stable system for you, you may need to download the tools to another computer, and then burn them to a cd for use on the Toshiba.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/toshiba-laptop-bsod.129164/
Relevancy 14.62%

Hi

When I try to use winrar to unrar a compressed file or something like that, it appears de blue screen and I hear the sound of the hard disk powering down I think (it's the same noise that the hard drive makes when I turn off my computer)

This problem started few days ago when I installed Jdownloader but I don't thing that the problem is related to it.

History: a year ago I got 2 hard drives in raid 1 mode and they failed but the disks are ok. I think that failed the motherboard's raid controller or disk controller. I've got the same mother with a diferent hard disk for a year ago.

Please help!

thanks
August

A:Bsod, Kernel Stack Input Error

Sounds like a memory problem... Test the system memory

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-kernel-stack-input-error.129257/
Relevancy 14.62%

i am having a little bit of an inconvenience with this pesky bsod error message it reads hardware malfunction call your hardware vendor for support NMI Parity check memory parity error the system has halted i have been skimming through forum threads from around of people having a similar problem but they all had dells and it occurred mostly in laptops i have got a heavily modded hp d small form factor desktop in fact the malfunction error hardware Bsod only thing i have that has anything to do with dell is my two monitors and a little CAT wired network Bsod hardware malfunction error pci adapter i installed a gig of ddr Kingston ram a agp video card and that dell net adapter all at the same time the problem started happening like a couple of weeks after that the old thread that i found is pages long and i haven t had time to read the whole thing i think it is that netcard but i dont want to open up my case take it out and the problem still occur so i wanted to know if anyone knew whether it is or isn t the problem b c like i said i upgraded other stuff at the same time thanks zach nbsp

A:Bsod hardware malfunction error

The parity check error is a likely pointer to defective (or poorly seated) memory,
Please run memtest... See this tutorial... http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html

Note that memtest should be allowed to run a minimum of 7 full passes. Each pass has eight tests of inclreasing complexity. This means that it will run a while. Allowing it to run overnight should give it enough time. Since it runs from its own environment, windows bsod will not be a problem. Any errors means you have one or more defective memory modules. If you find errors, you may wish to run Memtest on each module. If you bought the memory as a kit, you will likely need to RMA both modules.

Please also include some of your minidumps as attachments to your next post.
The name and model of your MB would also help. Some MB's are notoriously touchy about the ram that you use. If your Kingston ram is not on the MB maker's list for your board, this may be the problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-hardware-malfunction-error.129155/
Relevancy 15.05%

Hi,

I've been playing EVE online on my HP510 fine for several months when all of a sudden I am getting a blue screen with reference to Page in non paged area - further down the screen it mentions ialmdev5.dll. The machine uses a Mobile Intel 915GM/GMS 910GML Express Chipset for it's graphics and has worked fine the last couple of months.

I have downloaded the latest drivers from the HP site site, and have run 3x different memory test programmes - none of which found an error since I understand there can be RAM issues which cause this.

I am a little confused what could suddenly stp the thig from working - there was no patch and I have not installed new software,

I'm at a bit of a loss what to do now - any ideas or help?

A:BSOD - possible graphics problem?

ialmdev5.dll is an intel chipset driver. Go to HP's support site under your computers model and download and install the Intel Chipset drivers

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-possible-graphics-problem.128495/
Relevancy 15.05%

Hey people Now i know theres probably alot of threads on this topic already but this problem is a Just sick bsod problem - this ATI of about little different to what people have been describing I just helped my friend build his computer and i recommended all the pieces and put it all together installed everything etc Anyway about - minutes into a game it ll crash to the bsod Here s the interesting bit I used to have an ati card myself and it would do the exact same thing with every game i played My friends on the other hand so far its only doing it on NFS - Undercover and the latest Prince of Persia My hypothesis is the game loads into the ram but somehow or another the ati drivers do something crazy and stop unused data from being discarded Just about sick of this problem - ATI bsod out of the ram so it fills up the ram Just about sick of this problem - ATI bsod then the pagefile then crashes to bsod Thats my theory If anyone has any idea of what Just about sick of this problem - ATI bsod the hell is going on here it ll be greatly appreciated Here s his pc s specs case - nzxt tempest psu - antec truepower quattro w mobo - asus m a deluxe cpu - amd phenom am ghz ram - corsair ddr x gb mhz model no AL-TWIN X - C DF graphics - gigabyte hd hhd - seagate barracuda tb os - windows vista ultimate x sp I came to that hypothesis because when i had my ati card depending on the amount of ram the game used greatly factored how long it would take to crash to bsod I ve been looking around and so far i ve found these theories of how to fix it ati drivers werent tested properly on -bit vista the latest CCC drivers screw up big-time its dodgy memory There s alot more i could list but they re just a load of crap i m pretty damn sure its not the memory since we played crysis warhead on it for hours straight It could be the CCC but i dont think it is if it was i think it d be more of a driver problem then anything else which means uninstalling CCC won t make a difference I m really thinking it s a vista -bit problem but i cant find out until he brings the comptuer back over to my house So does anyone think they know whats going on here I m not a junior in computer repair i ve built and repaired plenty of laptops and computers to know what i m doing but i ve never needed to use a debug program so i might need some insight into how to do that if anyone needs a debug report or whatever Again thanks nbsp

A:Just about sick of this problem - ATI bsod

Try updating the ASUS motherboards bios

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/just-about-sick-of-this-problem-ati-bsod.128178/
Relevancy 14.62%

After fitting 8gb of crucial ram in my pc, i went back to crucials website to try out the memory scanner tool just out of curiosity. As soon as i try to run it it gives me an instant BSOD!! This happens on my brothers pc also. He has 8gb of diffrent brand ram. Any one else have/had this problem?

Its not really a big issue, im just curious.

A:Crucial memory scanner BSOD

Does this really matter? If everthing else works ok...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/crucial-memory-scanner-bsod.128140/
Relevancy 15.05%

hey guys...

i hope you guys can help me....i'm really having a hard time figuring out why pc goes blue screen of death whenever i play with garena(gg client)....when i had vista...it always crashes(bsod) even on 1v1!!!!i switched to xp and it still crashes 6 out of 10 times.....but when i play on my own...it doesnt bsod... the worst thing it can do is shut the program....only happens rarely.....

i have a laptop computer with:

T2050 1.6 ghz
2gb ram
intel gma 950

i hope you guys can help me with my problem.....thanks!!!

A:BSOD on warcraft dota?

The laptop may be overheating...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-on-warcraft-dota.128090/
Relevancy 15.05%

Wondering if anyone can help figure out why I'm getting this error.
Stop 0x0000008E(0x00000092,0xA65CDFEC,0xBA4D3BC8,0x00000000)
CHDAU32.sys Address A65CDFEC base at A65BD000
DATE STAMP 4851C198
My laptop is a Lenovo Thinkpad T400 model 2765T6U. I purchased it in January of this year and I'm upset that there is already a major error.

Other specs: Intel Core 2 Duo P8400 @2.26Ghz with Intel Turbo Memory (2GB)
Cache Memory L2 Cache 3MB
Ram: 2GB DDR3 SDRAM 1066mhz PC2-8500
HD 160GB 7200 rpm
Graphics Card: ATI Mobility Radeon HD3470

Since it was just purchased there have been no hardware changes. Thanks for the help.

A:Help with BSOD

Read: All about Minidumps and diagnosing them

Please check: Start-> Run-> C:\Windows\Minidump
For any Minidumps to Attach

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/help-with-bsod.127861/
Relevancy 26.66%

Hello i replaced my graphice card My english is bad sorry But i dont have money to buy a new pc I have a AMD Athlon XP GB RAM Asus AH Silence I installed this new graphic card i asked to the buyer i need to add a cooler into my pc he said NO their is already a cooler into the graphic card My PC of times restarts a lot problem When i play a game my pc restarts The strange of it is Sometimes when i play my nd account i can play hours And when i login on my first account PC restarts a lot of times after PC restarts a lot of times login in my pc restarts immediately Then it says quot Your pc recovered from a serious error quot This one BCCode f BCP D BCP BCP BCP OSVer SP Product C DOCUME PROPRI LOCALS Temp WER fc dir Mini - dmp C DOCUME PROPRI LOCALS Temp WER fc dir sysdata xml I tough first my pc is over heating so i opened my pc And i added an Coller from another pc and connected it But its never turns even the big coller only turns when pc is realy hot I dont feel the pc is hot And the seller told me a graphic card cannot be to strong for my old processor I have no money so i buyed this graphic card whit the only i have before i had Nvidea MX But it wa srealy bad I play only gta san andreas nbsp

A:PC restarts a lot of times

0x0000007F: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP

One of three types of problems occurred in kernel-mode: (1) Hardware failures. (2) Software problems. (3) A bound trap (i.e., a condition that the kernel is not allowed to have or intercept).

Hardware failures are the most common cause and, of these, memory hardware failures are the most common.

1. You should get Memtest and run it. Look at this thread... http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html

2. Your problems started after the installation of the video card? Drivers could the problem.
Try Diver Sweeper and then reinstall your video drivers... http://www.techspot.com/downloads/4266-driver-sweeper.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-restarts-a-lot-of-times.127614/
Relevancy 15.05%

Got BSOD with xcfe.sys address 93606F02 base at 93605000 datestamp 4899d276.

I am currently not able to get computer to post at all no other issues before hand

7750 Kuma
780g FullHD ASROCK
4670 Radeon
4GB (2X2GB) OCZ Ram
Vista Ultimate

A:Xcfe.sys BSOD

No idea what that is. Is the CPU fan running and can you hear the hard drive spinning? Remove all peripherals inside the computer (if it's not a laptop) then put them in one at a time, turning off the computer before installing the next peripheral, then on again etc. If the computer works without one of the devices then you found the culprit. Do the same with the RAM if you have more than one module. Could be a number of things. Also test the power supply with a multimeter or power supply tester. Let us know?!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/xcfe-sys-bsod.127588/
Relevancy 15.05%

Hi I got a new Inspiron laptop just a couple of days ago Its a T C D Ghz processor intel chipset with integrated graphics gb ram I had to reinstall vista after it went into Multiple BSOD a continuous loop - configuring updates shutting down confiiguring updates - after some windows updates None of the windows startup repair options worked Now after the reintall I am getting a lot of BSODs errors shown are IRQL Multiple BSOD NOT LESS OR EQUAL MEMORY MANAGEMENT REGISTRY ERROR and PAGE FAULT IN NON PAGED AREA most common being memory mgmt chkdsk shows no errors the memory test in the startup repair shows hardware errors with a msg that I need to contact the manufacturer Have updated all drivers and the bios but all that has changed is that the number of bsod instances have reduced from per hr to or Also in several instances the BSOD is preceded by services such as RPC Bluetooth wireless shutting down with the event viewer showing registry is corrupted Not sure what the problem is though have a feeling its something to do with a faulty RAM nbsp

A:Multiple BSOD

If you want to test your RAM use memtest:

1. Go to www.memtest.org and download the latest ISO version. It is free and perfectly safe.

2. Burn to a CD.

3. Place CD in your drive and reboot with CD in drive. (You might have to place your drive as first bootable in your BIOS) The test will take over.

4. Let it run for a LONG time. The rule is a minimum of 7 Passes. There are 8 individual tests per Pass. Many people will start this test before going to bed and check it the next day.

5. If you have errors you have corrupted memory and it needs to be replaced.

6. Also, with errors you need to run this test per stick of RAM. Take out one and run the test. Then take that one out and put the other in and run the test. If you start getting errors before 7 Passes you know that stick is corrupted and you don?t need to run the test any further on that stick.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/multiple-bsod.124531/
Relevancy 15.05%

Im working on my friends computer and it keeps crashing Specs MSI MS- Ver Intel Celeron Ghz MB Kingston PC New nVidia GeForce Mb AGP x GB Hitachi Hard Drive Sony DVD CD Burner watt Thermaltake PSU At first the on-board VGA stopped working I replaced it with a even reformat BSOD after Random AGP card and it worked fine for a month before it started having problems The original of the original ram sticks in bank stopped working Kept getting random BSOD s so I tossed the old Random BSOD even after reformat ram and left in the new Kingston stick Installed the new stick and it still BSOD s randomly They were very random but I got one written down x E xC x xB x IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL I thought Ram So I ran the stick on both DIMM slots with memtest multiple times and it found NO errors CPU temp oC at idle Random BSOD even after reformat cleaned heatsink applied AS still BSOD Next I broke the system down to the basics PSU CPU RAM Video card HD CD drive STILL BSOD Next I swapped out the PSU still BSOD Test hard drive with HDAT Hitachi drive fitness passed Reformat HD and reinstall Xp Pro not loading any Mobo drivers still BSOD Installed Mobo drivers minus nVidia drivers still BSOD Removed front panel USB connectors Swapped HD full format reinstall OS still BSOD Swapped Video card still BSOD BIOS is up to date only add-in card is the Video card I am at a loss spending wayy too much time on this thing Any help would be appreciated I know mini-dump files would be some help but I just re-formatted the HD again and havent reloaded the OS yet and im beat for now The only things I havent crossed out are the CPU and Mobo Are there any DOS based programs that I can use to test it The only boot disk I have ATM is Hirens Im guessing the Mobo may have crapped out especially since the on-board Video broke The on-board LAN works intermittently The system was built by another dude two years ago I dont see any damge on the Mobo Please help Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Random BSOD even after reformat

Sounds like the Chipset is knackered to be honest, it seems to be having problems across the entire spectrum, so I'd say it's the motherboard.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/random-bsod-even-after-reformat.126725/
Relevancy 26.23%

My computer has gone schizo on me and now I m looking for ideas opinions The Problem several days back on startup the computer got as far as the Windows logo screen then suddenly restarted On the second start attempt I got an quot overclocking failed quot message with the option to go into the Continuously Restarts Computer BIOS to change settings to default My computer is not overclocked All BIOS settings appeared normal After exiting the BIOS without making changes it again got as far as the Windows logo screen before restarting THIS time it went to the screen telling me that the last Windows startup had a problem and gave me the option to go Computer Restarts Continuously to Safe Mode use the last known good config or start windows normally I could get into Safe Mode ok but didn Computer Restarts Continuously t have time to troubleshoot so I shut the computer down normally A few days later I tried to start the computer again thinking I could go back to Safe Mode and troubleshoot run a virus scan etc This time though the computer began restarting continuously after it s initial power-on checks where it shows the processor RAM etc before it starts loading Windows So the Safe Mode option seems to be out for me now The System Built in Pentium GHz clock speed Gig RAM MB DIMMs Windows XP Pro ASUS P C -E motherboard Radeon XT video card W power supply Soundblaster Audigy ZS Gig Seagate hard drive Prior to this problem the anti-virus was up to date full system scans run monthly mini-scans run daily Personally I suspect the power supply or some other hardware failure but thought I d throw this one out there and see what other folks thought as I haven t yet had time to go any further with this Thanks for any info suggestions you might provide nbsp

A:Computer Restarts Continuously

Yes, the first thing that came to mind is your PSU. You could test with a digital multimeter.

Also, another thing it can be is corrupted memory. Run Memtest on your RAM. The good thing about this test is that it starts as soon as you boot up so you don't need to worry about Safe or Normal Mode.

Read this link first: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html

Here is what I tell people:

1. It is free and perfectly safe.

2. Burn ISO to a CD (follow link instructions).

3. Place CD in your drive and reboot with CD in drive. (You might have to place your drive as first bootable in your BIOS) The test will take over.

4. Let it run for a LONG time. The rule is a minimum of 7 Passes. There are 8 individual tests per Pass. Many people will start this test before going to bed and check it the next day.

5. If you have errors you have corrupted memory and it needs to be replaced.

6. Also, with errors you need to run this test per stick of RAM. Take out one and run the test. Then take that one out and put the other in and run the test. If you start getting errors before 7 Passes you know that stick is corrupted and you don?t need to run the test any further on that stick.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-restarts-continuously.126060/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hello again I hope this is the right forum booting while into restarts Computer Vista I believe it is because it sounds more like a hardware issue than an OS problem My computer recently started to get more screwed up over the past week to be specific When I Computer restarts while booting into Vista turned my Computer restarts while booting into Vista computer off for the night I would boot it up the next day Computer restarts while booting into Vista and it wouldn t boot properly Blue screens and all that So I kept rebooting until it worked and when it did work it worked fine until I turned it off This same problem happened for about days until now my computer shuts off After the mobo and all that boots it asks how I d like to boot safe mode or normal boot then the load bar finishes and THEN this is where the problem happens My cursor appears for about a second then my computer just shuts off then reboots This process keeps going and going until I manually turn it off To add insult to injury when I try to boot into safe mode my monitor says quot Input Not Supported quot It s an Acer V w LCD monitor To further add problems when I put in my Windows Vista disc to run the repair tool out of hope it will at least let me boot into safe mode or something either things happen It says quot Windows is loading files quot fills up and then freezes It loads properly then reboots I get this screen asking if I want to use the Memory Diagnostic Tool or I can pick quot Windows Setup something Enabled quot I click Windows Setup then I get the loading white bar again but this time I get error message xc e which says quot Windows has encountered a problem communicating with a device connected to your computer etc etc quot I have run the diagnostic tool and I do have problems but I ve always had problems with this computer s RAM yet never given me problems this severe My specs are -Vista Home Premium -Asus P E-VM DO mobo - GB of RAM -Intel forgot-the-model-name duo core CPU It s whatever the best Intel duo core is E I think -ATi Radeon HD GPU I sound ignorant to my computer s spec but it s been so long since I ve checked Also I can t get into my BIOS for some reason A few days ago I could but now I can t It asks for a password I ve tried all the backdoor passwords for AMI BIOS but none work I honestly don t know why it has a password now No one uses my computer nor knows how to set a BIOS password nbsp

A:Computer restarts while booting into Vista

From here: http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?SLanguage=en-us&model=P5E-VM DO

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-restarts-while-booting-into-vista.126672/
Relevancy 15.05%

Hi all well i m hoping you guys can help I have recently purchased a new system i GTX and Msi Pro mobo with some ram of course I m getting random BSODs From what I can tell anyway I performed the memtest thingy all night last night with no errors I first installed XP sp on it and started getting BSOD randomly so I installed help new i7 Pro BSOD GTX260 MSI Windows bit which I have on it now however the same thing is BSOD new i7 GTX260 MSI Pro help happening I m usually quite good with these BSOD new i7 GTX260 MSI Pro help things but this time i need help I ve done the searches on the net but to no avail I dont know where to go next I m considering buying a test vid card for bucks just so see if it still happens with it installed but dont really want to Oh some specs Inno d GTX drivers - not oc d Corsair HX psu i - stock speed not OC d in any way MSI pro x -latest Bios crappy kingston gb ram all they had at the time Win Bit - fresh install build x WD Gb hdds in Raid Antec case As far as I can tell the ram is ok I ve tried changing the pci slot that the vid card is in but same thing Latest nvidia drvs for Win bit Hope to hear from you all soon nbsp

A:BSOD new i7 GTX260 MSI Pro help

hi wolf

Please upload your minidumps so we can have them analysed.

Spyder_1386

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-new-i7-gtx260-msi-pro-help.126116/
Relevancy 15.05%

I keep getting BSODs with either DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL or PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA.

Ive have attached two of the latest minidumps

A:BSOD - PAGE_FAULT and DRIVER_IRQL

System specs including OS & SP would help. I am looking at a dump right now, assuming XP sp3
Your error on the second dump was 0x50 ...
But the Widbg report points to Vista... so you are not running XP...
I suspect this information is still valid.

This kind of error is usually associated with a memory problem.
Download Memtest86+ from www.memtest.org
Let it run for at least seven passes and see what it comes up with.
There are 8 tests per pass, and it will take a while...
If you start getting errors, you can stop, and remove one stick ... test the sticks one at a time to isolate the issue.
If your memory comes up clean, we can explore other options, but this is the likely place to start.

From MS

These errors may be caused by one or more of the following:

* Hardware failure (memory, processor, or motherboard).
* Anti-virus software that is running on your computer.
* Drivers installed by third-party software.

RESOLUTION
To resolve these behaviors, perform one or more of the following: Replace the f...
To resolve these behaviors, perform one or more of the following:

* Replace the faulty hardware. You may be able to determine the faulty hardware by running diagnostics provided by the manufacturer. Please contact the hardware manufacturer for more information.
* Disable any anti-virus software that is running on your computer. If the STOP errors no longer occur, contact the anti-virus software manufacturer about a possible upgrade.
* Disable any third-party drivers that may be running. If the STOP errors no longer occur, contact the third-party manufacturer about a possible upgrade.Click to expand...

Your first dump showed a different error.... 0xD1 error and these are almost always caused by faulty drivers/buggy software.
the analysis points to ntoskrnl.exe which is too general to help. In another case, video drivers were at issue...

Questions...
Are your video drivers updated?
Did your issues begin after starting some new activity? (like a new Game perhaps?)
Since both errors (0x50 and 0xD1) can point at drivers, this might be the place to start.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-page_fault-and-driver_irql.126443/
Relevancy 15.05%

This is a problem I ve been having for some months now I ve tried to troubleshoot my entire computer from day one and I ve gotten rid of lots of different problems One problem remains wont BSOD after PC boot though Some times often during the night or other times where I m AFK for a longer period of time - hours maybe shorter I get an ugly BSOD on my screen After this BSOD my computer wont boot In order to make the computer boot up I have to manually flash the BIOS something that gets very annoying in the long run What happens is I shut it down removing the BSOD I then turn it back on but no components are responding The screen is black gets no signal the keyboard has no signal the num- and capslock lights doesn t respond and the mouse s lazer is off I can t hear the HDD working either Has anyone got any idea what is going on PC wont boot after BSOD The BSOD BCCode returned is as follows BCCode c BCP C E BCP C BCP B BCP OSVer SP Product The quot BCCode C quot error is not familiar to me I can t even figure out what it is using Google so I guess this is sort of a last resort I would also like to know what Product is This product ID has appeared on every BSOD error I have gotten so that would probably help out a lot I hope some of you can help it would be greatly appreciated Specs Corsair Powersupply W Black ATX EPS MSI P Platinum Corsair Dominator TWIN X C D MB Intel Core Duo E GHz HIS Radeon HD MB IceQ nbsp

A:PC wont boot after BSOD

"I have to manually flash the BIOS"...

Do you actually mean "reset" the bios?

Does the computer keep the correct time when it is running? The CMOS battery may be dead or the motherboard is defective

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-wont-boot-after-bsod.126362/
Relevancy 14.62%

hi all Recently i have been having problems with my geforce gt agp video card In games mostly ut k after a while the computer will freeze for about seconds then crash with a bsod saying that my video bsod loop 6600gt with Infinite driver was caught in an Infinite loop bsod with 6600gt infinite loop I am using driver version These drivers use to work perfectly with this card I have been using them for months and had no problems until recently I heard that these are the best drivers for this card I tried reinstalling the video drivers which worked for about an hour but then it crashed again After uninstalling the drivers i made sure every trace of the old install was gone by using driver cleaner pro so the drivers shouldn t be corrupt or conflicting with something Ive also tried other driver versions but they had the same issues The card does not seem to be overheating At the time it crashed the temp measured degrees Could this be an issue with my video card Could it have something wrong with it Or am i overlooking something here Thanks Nissanman nbsp

A:Infinite loop bsod with 6600gt

If you've already tried Driver Cleaner Pro, perhaps giving Driver Sweeper a try might produce better results. It's a very similar program, but I've used it many times and I've found, on some occasions, it to work a little better than Cleaner. Have you recently patched the game or downloaded any additional content for it. Have you tried reinstalling the game? 66 degrees is a little toasty, but it shouldn't crash the card unless the thermal is starting to lose its heat dissipation. You could always reapply some thermal compound, like Arctic Silver, to the core and see what happens. If you have the fan running at stock speeds, you can download RivaTuner to adjust it during games. Usually, a game will start to lag a bit, there may be some artifacts, and then it will quit if the video card is overheating. A BSOD is usually the product of misconfigured or incompatible software (i.e. the display driver). In your case, it's the configuration.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/infinite-loop-bsod-with-6600gt.124560/
Relevancy 41.71%

I have a problem with a pretty old sistem: spontaneous restarts and BSODs.
I formatted and reinstalled the OS,
I tested the RAM with MEMTEST86(no problem),
I tested the HARD DISK(no problem),
I changed the IDE cable,
I changed the power supply(500w),
I changed the Video and the problem persists.

my sistem :
- amd sempron 1800+
- 512 MB RAM pc3200
- asus a7n8x
- nvidia nforce fx5200
- dvdrw teac
- hdd western digital 200gb

I forgot to mention that sometimes i receive the message :"Warning!cpu overspeed!" when BIOS performs the "system inventory" and sometimes my cpu figures "1150Mhz", altough sometimes my cpu figures "1800+".

I hope you can help me with some advices.Sorry for my bad english.

A:Bsod, restarts - please help

Your motherboard is old. It might have some bulging capacitors around the CPU. Be prepared to buy a new motherboard, CPU, video card and memory... Or save for an entirely new computer

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-restarts-please-help.125768/
Relevancy 14.62%

I can t seem to get my cpu past ghz without getting bsod right after the windows loading screen Is it just my rigs limit or is there any way to get it past ghz My specs are motherboard ga-m sli-s rev cpu amd athlon windsor ram becuase wintec is a quot registered dealer of aeneon memory quot i have gb sticks of wintec ampx ddr and gb sticks of aeneon ddr that say wintec ampx on them psu bfg tech LS- os windows vista bit home basic oem The multiplier is at and I cannot get the cpu or is it really the fsb but my bios says cpu past without a crash at the windows loading screen and I have tried changing the cpu voltage a little but not the memory voltage My temperature never gets past c with the cpu or is it the fsb at during stability tests I noticed in easy tune it says that my ram has been overclocked as well is that why its been crashing Here is a picture of my bios overclocking options http i photobucket com albums oo giganotasaurus bios overclocking jpg nbsp

A:Can't get CPU past 3ghz without bsod after windows loading screen

You might be able to get to higher speeds by pushing the CPU voltage, but that would make it run hotter. Core temperature scales in a linear fashion as core speed in MHz is increased, but core temperature scales geometrically when voltage is increased. In addition to higher temps, voltage increases reduce the life of the CPU. So basically I'm saying bump the voltage (at your own risk).

Make sure you're not FSB or memory limited by putting the CPU multiplier as high as it goes and the memory at the lowest possible speed. Put memory voltage to ~2.1v. I don't remember much about overclocking AMDs besides that basic kind of stuff.

According to The Overclocking World Record Database, the world record for Athlon 64 X2 5600+ Windsor core is 4151.4 MHz with a 1.68v core voltage. Setting your CPU to this sort of voltage is likely dangerous, but I'm just throwing that out there for you to show that 3 GHz is not the limit of these CPUs. Your particular chip might not clock any higher though so don't get excited

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-get-cpu-past-3ghz-without-bsod-after-windows-loading-screen.125423/
Relevancy 15.05%

Here s my problem a couple of weeks ago I started getting the BSOD with the most frequent message of quot Beginning physical memory dump quot Eventually I formatted and reinstalled windows still no success I ve updated drivers added registry scanners But no matter what (BSOD) Assistance appreciated I do the system gets worse I thought maybe it was because of a conflict with something I got from windows update But I m not tech savvy enough to diagnose and fix it I ve attached my PC stats from everest and I ve zipped and attached my minidumps If anyone could help me fix this it would make my day Also here are the logs from my event viewer I only have the ones since I reformatted Please let me know if you need more (BSOD) Assistance appreciated info EDIT Okay there is a forum for BSOD errors any chance a mod could move this thread I tried reloading the winzip (BSOD) Assistance appreciated file for some reason its not going through nbsp

A:(BSOD) Assistance appreciated

Sounds like unstable hardware, probably a power supply issue. Do you have another power supply that you can try?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-assistance-appreciated.125312/
Relevancy 14.62%

Just bought a new pc and a seperate copy of windows vista ultimate. I inserted the disk and I got to the screen that said "loading windows files" then after this it went black for a second the blue screen of death appeared.The first part of the error code was 0.0000007F and the rest were 0's. Anybody had this or know what it could mean? Here are the build

G31-M7 TE motherboard
intel quad-core 6600 processor
4GB ram
geforce 9800GT
1TB sata hard drive

A:BSOD on boot installing vista on new pc

When I read your issue I thought to myself, "That sounds like a memory issue." Here is the code and definition:

0x0000007F: UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP

One of three types of problems occurred in kernel-mode: (1) Hardware failures. (2) Software problems. (3) A bound trap (i.e., a condition that the kernel is not allowed to have or intercept). Hardware failures are the most common cause and, of these, memory hardware failures are the most common.

Try this: Take out one stick of RAM at a time and try to load it. Any BSODs?

Do this: http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic62524.html The good thing about this test is it engages almost immediately as you boot-up.

It could be your harddrive as well.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-on-boot-installing-vista-on-new-pc.125316/
Relevancy 14.62%

I get this BSOD

BCCode : 1000007e BCP1 : C000001D BCP2 : B941DF72 BCP3 : B404EBE0
BCP4 : B404E8DC OSVer : 5_1_2600 SP : 3_0 Product : 256_1

I downloaded new drivers, disable specs on the CPU (e8500) as recommended, but 3d game crash out regularly after about 30 mins or so.

Asus p5n-d is a bit of a dodgy MOBO but I tried everything that has been recommended including bios flashes, memory check, cpu heat checks and rectifying the correct nforce 750i drivers...latest windows updates...etc...

What is the crash? hardware or software? I have a Proline 500w psu and also run a single xfx geforce 9800gt, Intel core 2 duo e8500 wolfdale, Kingston ddr2 667 mem, 200 gig sata seagate hardrive and a cathode ray 17" monitor.

any clues ideas, other than a sledge hammer. Your help will be appreciated.

A:BSOD BCCode : 1000007e random crashes from what?

0x0000007E: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

A system thread generated an exception which the error handler did not catch. There are numerous individual causes for this problem, including hardware incompatibility, a faulty device driver or system service, or some software issues. Check Event Viewer (EventVwr.msc) for additional information.

As you can tell the causes of this error are very diverse which makes it a difficult one, sometimes, to pin down. For clarification, are your BSODs only while doing 3d gaming? What about video card heat checks?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-bccode-1000007e-random-crashes-from-what.125137/
Relevancy 15.05%

I was on my desktop gaming as usual when a lovely BSOD flashed on my screen just quickly enough for me to not be able to read anything it said and then my computer restarted. After it restarted none of my hard drives show up in my bios and i cant get past the loadup screen seeing as how there is no windows showing up. I have 3 internal drives and 1 external that no longer show up in my Bios. I don't think that all 4 could have simultaneously failed and on top of that they are all relatively new. PLEASE someone help me, I have a project to finish before tomorrow

A:No hard drives after BSOD - help

Reset the motherboard's bios...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/no-hard-drives-after-bsod-help.124986/
Relevancy 26.66%

this is going to be a lengthy post as i will try and Computer itself restarts by be as informative as possible system windows xp service pack motherboard asus m a-vm cpu amd ram gb patriot hd gb eide ok my problem is my computer restarts by its self it happens when i boot up in the morning or when i shut it down it will also happen Computer restarts by itself when i load up my sim racing Computer restarts by itself game i have attempted several things disconnected case usb s from motherboard now reconnected disconnected restart wire from motherboard now reconnected switched ram to different slots switched back installed new dvd player tested resistence on power supply wires all good removed all usb devices still restarted remove modem to disable internet still restarted ran glarys utilities avg ccleaner adware no virus etc switch power cord still restarted check log file in windows no information logged updated motherboard and video card ok i think that covers all i have done now to describe the problem oh and the computer is clean and stays cool so not a heat or dirt issue this usually happens when i am booting up my computer i don t always get the same message and after restarting several times it will run for long periods of time sometimes it will just restart as if i manually restarted sometimes it will give me a usb over charge message sometimes it will say i may be overclocked i have not overclocked sometimes it will go to start windows normally or safe mode i have tried safe mode still restarted sometimes the computer fans will be on but monitor is black and no activity on the hard drive light on the front of the computer i am at my wits end and any help is greatly appreciated Within min of this post computer restarted twice Both times no activity on the hard drive light on front of computer black screen had to manually power down and start Start windows normally screen came up computer booted to desktop and immediately restarted and repeated process nbsp

A:Computer restarts by itself

Did you test the RAM with memtest? Second, is that Patriot memory recommended by Asus for your motherboard?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-restarts-by-itself.124735/
Relevancy 25.8%

First of all thanks in advance for any responses to this post I ve already researched this issue as best I could games computer restarts loading My when myself and have My computer restarts when loading games tried a few possible solutions with no luck I ll try to be very specific in describing my exact scenario as well as what I ve already tried My computer restarts when loading newer games for example COD UT k or L D It does not restart when loading older games for example Warcraft TFT Diablo or AVP Everything seems to operate normally besides the restarts although the Windows startup loading screen may be slower I couldn t say for sure BSOD information DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL Stop x d xc d b x x xb fb e sfng sys Address b fb e base at b e Datestamp b Beginning Dump of physical memory Physical memory dump complete Upon successful restart there is a Microsoft error report to be sent with error code signature BCCode d BCP C D B BCP BCP BCP B FB E OSVer SP Product System information Operating System Microsoft Windows XP Professional Build SP DirectX Version DirectX c Motherboard Intel D PSN Processor Intel Pentium D CPU GHz CPUs Memory OCZ PC MB Dual Channel Value Pro Series - - - x Graphics Card EVGA Nvdia Geforce GT PCIE PSU Thermaltake w XP NP Cooling ZALMAN CNPS LED CPU cooler Antec mm case fan x BIOS Heat and Power Information Processor Fan Speed Aux Fan Speed Front Fan Speed Rear Fan Speed - By the way all the fans listed above are spinning as well as a GPU fan that is spinning Processor Temp - C Internal Temp - C Remote Temp - C V - V V - V V - V V - Vccp - V Hardware troubleshooting I have already replaced the Graphics card and the PSU Those listed above were not in the computer when the issue started Previously I had a PNY Verto Nvidia Geforce GT PCIE which was replaced by the EVGA Nvdia Geforce GT PCIE with no change in the issue Previously I had an Antec Performance True W PSU which was replaced by the Thermaltake w XP NP PSU with no change in the issue This is what is listed on each power supply Thermaltake w XP NP currently installed AC input A A Frequency - Hz DC Output V V V - V - V VSB A A A A A A Antec Performance True W AC input A A Frequency Hz Hz DC Output V V V - V - V VSB Max A A A A A A Min A A A A A A By the way the Antec PSU does not have the pin connecter required to power the EVGA Nvdia Geforce GT I haven t replaced the RAM because I don t have access to any that is compatible with my board to troubleshoot with Software troubleshooting I started by first running AVG Free and found no viruses I then ran Spybot SND without finding anything I tried Run gt chkdsk f and found no errors I updated my graphics card driver then tried uninstalling and reinstalling Both had no effect I tried to reinstall DirectX with the following procedure Run the msconfig command to open the System Configuration Utility Next select the Selective Startup check box and clear all the options under it On the Services tab select the Hide All Microsoft Services check box and then select the Disable All button Select OK to apply your changes and exit the System Configuration Utility Now restart your PC to perform a clean boot I then installed DirectX with the DirectX End-User Runtime Web Installer for version This had no effect although I m not sure if it did anything at all considering the DirectX Diagnostic Tool says I am running DirectX c So that s what I ve done so far Hopefully there are some things for me to try Thanks nbsp

A:My computer restarts when loading games

foodger said:

(By the way the Antec PSU does not have the 6 pin connecter required to power the EVGA Nvdia Geforce 7800GT.)Click to expand...

I think you found the fault

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-computer-restarts-when-loading-games.124608/
Relevancy 14.62%

All right here goes About six HD ATI AGP 2600 Diamond Radeon Pro BSOD months ago I installed a new graphics card ATI Radeon HD Pro AGP from Diamond Multimedia in my aging Dell Dimension along with some new RAM GB After some initial difficulties with the Blue Screen of Death I was able to get it to work simply it stopped But now they re back and worse than ever The most recent one was titled quot PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA quot and cited the file quot ntfs sys quot Also my computer is running a bit slower and quot Diamond ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro AGP BSOD My Computer quot refuses to open no error just nothing happens when I double click on it I ve tried reinstalling the drivers that came on the CD there are none online I ve checked and I ve gotten it to work but it still gives me the BSOD seemingly without reason The errors have been happening more frequently as time goes on and seemingly without reason Even as I am typing this another one has occurred as I attempted to login Another quot PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA quot I ll attach the minidumps as soon as I can get into My Computer I m about ready to boot into safe mode Thanks I m kind of desperate Arcelios nbsp

A:Diamond ATI Radeon HD 2600 Pro AGP BSOD

I almost forgot; I keep getting a message saying that some of my registry data had to be recovered from a backup copy, and that the recovery was successful.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/diamond-ati-radeon-hd-2600-pro-agp-bsod.124422/
Relevancy 14.62%

Specs Intel Core Duo E Processor BX E - GHz MB Cache MHz FSB Wolfdale Dual-Core Retail Socket Processor with Fan MPN BX E and 9800 with reboot Nvidia BSOD Crash 1GB GX2 XFX nForce i -Way SLI Motherboard - NVIDIA nForce i Socket ATX Audio PCI Express Dual Gigabit LAN S PDIF USB Firewire Serial ATA RAID MPN Crash reboot and BSOD with Nvidia 9800 GX2 1GB MB-N -ISH XFX GeForce GX Video Card - Extreme Edition FREE Call Crash reboot and BSOD with Nvidia 9800 GX2 1GB of Duty PC Game GB DDR PCI Express SLI Ready Dual Link Dual DVI HDMI MPN PVT UZHEU Corsair Dual Channel MB PC DDR MHz Memory x MB MPN TWIN X - C DHX Seagate Barracuda TB Hard Drive - RPM MB SATA- OEM MPN ST AS SY Ultra LSP -Watt Power Supply - ATX SATA-Ready SLI-Ready mm Fan MPN Crash reboot and BSOD with Nvidia 9800 GX2 1GB ULT-LSP Microsoft Windows XP Pro SP OEM Version MPN E - A The Problem I knew better the last time I opened Nvidia Control panel Performance I got this same problem But I have updated the drivers since then and now it seems worse I just opened up the performance tab I didn t even get to see the settings load before it crashed I get a quick BSOD flash and then a reboot It reboots back up without any problems then within a few minutes it reboots again I have started in safe mode with network enabled and it hasn t given me any problems I am not sure what I did last time to fix the problem I just remembered I shouldn t go anywhere near the performance settings Just like this time simply clicking on the tab to view the settings crashed the computer But last time the crash only happened when I clicked that tab Now it seems to crash within a few minutes after restarting the computer I can get in and open a program but it crashes pretty quick I have attached the DXDiag report that i just ran from safe mode I can provide any other info you need to help me get this fixed I would say I am an expert user This is probably the th computer i have built from parts It runs so well as long as this stupid thing isn t messing it up Sometimes i get a few green artifacts when running games L D HL Crysis FarCry COD It doesn t affect the game play but they are noticeable This system runs all of those games on max settings at x except Crysis If you have any ideas please help me out I need my computer back Update add screen freezing to the list of problems It will either freeze or restart I have tried to uninstall all the nvidia stuff in safe mode but I keep getting quot Failed to complete installation Install quot I cant uninstall the nvidia stuff so every time i restart it keeps rebooting GAH nbsp

A:Crash reboot and BSOD with Nvidia 9800 GX2 1GB

*update* fixed!

*UPDATE* FIXED!
I started it up today(in safe mode), and in my frustration with not being able to uninstall the nvidia apps, i just deleted all the nvidia folders in my programs. then when i started up in normal mode it was stable. I was able to finish officially uninstalling the rest of the nvidia components and then i did a full reinstall of the drivers and software. so far so good! Thanks for your ideas!
-Nate

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/crash-reboot-and-bsod-with-nvidia-9800-gx2-1gb.124255/
Relevancy 15.05%

Hey, first-timer here.

Overnight my laptop was left to update itself as usuall, but when I got to it this morning I found it repeatedly flashing a BSOD with the error:

UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME

I have attempted countless boots into safe mode, all throw the same BSOD at me.
My machine is an HP Pavillion ze4900 model laptop running WinXP Home (well.. was).

I've tried a some "common remedies" but none seems to be effective at all..
Does anyone have an idea on how to recover from this, or is my laptop to hence-forth be known as a brick.

(If any solutions involve removing the HDD, you will need to explain in detail as I have not seen anything obvious on the underside)

Many thanks!

A:BSOD - Unmountable_Boot_volume

Please run CheckDisk from your Windows XP Home CD
Info here ("From Boot Up") http://www.techspot.com/vb/post694184-133.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-unmountable_boot_volume.124222/
Relevancy 14.19%

Having a really annoying problem with my sound driver (ha20x22k.sys) in Windows XP lately, keeps reoccurring more frequently now it seems. I will be listening to music and at the end of a random track, the system will freeze for a split second and then go to a bsod w/ the following information:

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

****STOP: 0x000000D1 (0x00000008, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x9D3AA47F)

*ha20x22k.sys address stamp 9D3AA47F

The sound card is a Creative Labs X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty. I do not believe the card itself is to blame for I am running the latest drivers and it works fine under Windows 7. Any help with this would be extremely appreciated. I've attached the corresponding minidump. Thanks in advance!

A:Sound Driver Causing BSOD - STOP info & minidump

Long shot but try this:

Rename: c:\windows\system32\adi_oal.dll to adi_oal.OLD
Also disable any onboard sound in Bios Setup

Please let me know if it fixed the fault

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-driver-causing-bsod-stop-info-minidump.123835/
Relevancy 26.23%

I need help I have an uncle who lets me use his comp for almost a year now We tackled all sorts of problems before but recently thing are very odd I play Age of Computer restarts after games Empires II III Axis amp Allies and a Company of Heroes demo I could play them for hours with the graphics on low Anyway About a month or two ago we got a new video card After installation I played Age II-good Then Age III on high settings-great But when Computer restarts after games i tried Company of Heroes and Axis amp Allies they both played well without lag etc But after min my Gateway monitor goes blank screen but I can still hear the sound from the fighting or music So I go back and play Age III and after hours it does it too I know the computer has surpassed the requirements for all the games I don t think it s any programs or virus s because we wiped the comp clean before installation and one time before all this I played Age III with programs on and it never restarted I don t know what could be causing this I ll post the specs later for better analysis This is really bothering me I haven t played any games because of it nbsp

A:Computer restarts after games

The comp has a little screen that always has the temp. for something.Is that it?

I'm still working on the specs...this comp is so confusing.
One thing I learned is that when the MHz are at 200 AGP in the BIOS the internet works and AOE III works.When I put it on 150 AGP Axis & Allies and Company of Heroes works but the internet doesn't work.

Okay I downloaded a driver catalyst for my Radeon X1350 video card and it helped AOE III (I play a long game and it hasn't gone blank screen) but playing the other games still goes wrong.
All and all I don't feel any closer to the answer....

Oh!!! I mean Radeon X1650. (If you've been reading up to this point you can tell I have no idea what I'm doing.)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-restarts-after-games.123507/
Relevancy 15.05%

I was in the middle of checking my email when I got the BSOD. I powered down the computer and waited 30 seconds. When I went to power it up, the HDD LED came ON steady, all fans were running, but nothing happened. I tried another memory stick and the same thing. I tried another hard drive, still nothing. Tried resetting my Bios and nothing. Any hints here as to what else I can try? This is my old computer with a K7 mobo (Dragon Soyo Plus), AMD 1900+, 1 GB PC2100, 80GB HDD and MX4000 GeForce DDR 128MB video card. Thanks.

A:Computer quit with BSOD

Hi gilloz,

Have you tried disconnecting all externals except keyboard, mouse and monitor?

Cheers,

Taff.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-quit-with-bsod.123515/
Relevancy 14.62%

Well my system specs are in my profile but I'll put them here for simplicity sake as well.
Asus P5N-T Deluxe
Q6600 @ 3.0 Vcore 1.20v
2 x 2GB Corsair Dominator RAM @ 1066
2 x 8800GT stock
Razer Barracuda AC-1
750watt Corsair PSU
3 HDDs and DVD drive

Okay before you go and say its my overclocked CPU its been oced for months now and the problem has only recently just started. It usually happens when I'm playing a game of some sort but at random times, I played CSS for a good 3 hours then it reboot, other time less than an hour. It has happened most recently when I booted up FEAR 2 and I was was tweaking the games settings, after I had it setup just right and clicked New Game, system reboots. Any thoughts?

A:System Reboots but no BSOD or Error message

Is the video card overheating? Open the case and make sure that all the fans (including video fan) are clean and working properly. I'll try overclocking my Q6600 when I install my new motherboard next week

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/system-reboots-but-no-bsod-or-error-message.123113/
Relevancy 26.23%

After changing the fans in my computer, it now freezes after several hours of usage. This can occur within 2 to 3 hours. No errors nor blue screen of threat appears, just mouse and keyboard cannot be used. After it restarts, it runs finish for another hour, then it restarts. Problem had occurred after I had changed the rear case fan (Antec 20mm Blue LED) and CPU fan (Rosewill 92mm Ball CPU Cooler). The previous had a CoolMaster Liquid Cooling Sytem which had die on me. Any help would be much appreciated, specs are below:

Asus P5N-E nForce 650i SLI Chipset
2x1GB PC6400 DDR2/800 Dual Channel Memory with Aluminum Cooler
Windows Vista Home Premium (32-bit Edition)
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.4GHz
20X Double Layer DVD+-RW
500GB SATA-II HDD with 5.25" HDD Cooler
700W PSU
2x NVIDIA GeForce 8600 GT
Antec 20mm Blue LED
Rosewill 92mm Ball CPU Cooler
PCI Slot VGA Cooler

A:PC freezes and restarts on occasionally

Nice system. Congratulations.
Post all logs but not the ones you have already posted.

Here is a form of the 8-Step infestation removal, as we may have to use it to remove some possible problems. A lot of what needs doing are step by step procedures to get to the cause of the problem... You have a nice system. Something there is not working right, but it could be an infestation, or a memory module, or any other device installed. It may not be easy to find.

What is the brand and model of your power supply?
After the above is done and Logs attached do the below!

Download SDFix to Desktop.

http://downloads.andymanchesta.com/R...ools/SDFix.exe

On Desktop run SDdFix It will run (install) then close.

Then reboot into Safe Mode

As the computer starts up, tap the F8 key several times.

On the Boot menu Choose Safe Mode.

Click thu all the prompts to get to desktop.

At Desktop
My Computer C: drive. Double-click to open.

Look for a folder called SD Fix. Double-click to enter SD Fix.

Double-click to RunThis.bat. Type Y to begin.

SD Fix does its job.

When prompted hit the enter key to restart the computer

Your computer will reboot.

On normal restart the Fixtool will run again and complete the removal process then say Finished,
Hit the Enter key to end the script and load your desktop icons.

Once the desktop is up, the SDFix report will open on screen and also be saved to the SDFix folder as Report.txt.
Attach the Report.txt file to your next post.
=========================================
Download ComboFix

NOTE: If you have had ComboFix more than a few days old delete and re-download.

Get it here: http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/sUBs/ComboFix.exe
Or here: http://subs.geekstogo.com/ComboFix.exe

Double click combofix.exe follow the prompts.

Install Recovery Console if connected to the Internet!

When finished, it will open a log.
Attach the log and a new HJT log in your next reply.

Note: Do not click combofix's window while its running. That may cause it to stall.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-freezes-and-restarts-on-occasionally.122982/
Relevancy 14.62%

This may well be the longest story of a failing computer you ve ever seen It started well over half a year ago and my Dell Dimension has been giving and and switching subsequent RAID failure BSOD HD me agony ever since Excuse me about all the detail in this I am clueless as to what the problem is so I included everything My computer use to give me grief by going to the dreaded BSOD on random occasions I was less computer literate at the time so I thought nothing of them A few months down the line an icon pops up and subsequently reappeared every other hour the HD switching and subsequent RAID and BSOD failure computer was on saying that there is a S M A R T event occurring on my Western Digital HD specs not important as you will see later I follow the icon to the Intel Storage Management system and it tells me that the HD is working fine I carry on gaming and general time wasting paying no attention to the S M A R T event the blue screens were still coming thick and fast My tolerance grew thin however and I started asking my computer-knowledgeable friends what on earth was going on - they simply said my computer was screwed and I had no chance in hell My computer also began to make a very disturbing noise it sounded like a loose fan case vibrating inside my computer so I simply blew into the fan vent at the right angle and intensity and the noise subsided for a few precious minutes pardon my ignorance What I didn t realise then that I have now is that the fan was part of the PSU no spec at hand sorry I decided to buy a new HD and see if the S M A R T events disappeared I bought a new SATA Hitachi HD rpm GB that seemed perfectly suitable my old WD HD was SATA also When I opened the computer and took out the old HD there were bubble-marks on the plastic cover - I presume that they were evidence of heat damage Ignoring this I did the following plugged the new HD into SATA port with my old one in SATA port turned it on in the BIOS booted the computer on USB CD Rom partitioned and formatted the new HD and installed Win XP I switched the old HD with the new HD so that the ports were now respectively and got the computer running After entering all the details to personalise the computer I tried to copy my old data across to my new HD I encountered a problem that caused copying to stop something about msfi line terminating - not the actual name but it had m but managed to get some important data across in small chunks as soon as I tried to copy it across in one go it got pissy I began to use the computer properly again for about or days when the BSODs came back again I decided hoping that it the easiest answer was the right one that I should remove the old HD I took it out sealed it in a plastic bag and turned it off in the BIOS I now have the new Hitachi HD in SATA port - hasn t been moved since the install I turn the computer on and it works a treat Few months down the line few days ago and I hit the series of random BSODs again This time the computer reboots and says that it has just recovered and I quote from a serious error I report it an option that came up and it comes up with a Microsoft website that says that there is a problem with my RAID controller Correct me if I m wrong but I thought that RAID was a configuration that dealt with multiple drives as a single drive I have one drive in there I followed a link to Intel Corporation website and tried to download the latest driver for the RAID controller It downloaded it tried to install but as soon as the bar hit a message pops up and says that my system doesn t meet the minimum system requirements after already entering Win XP as my OS I give up and decide to chill out after surfing for about mins I find that there is a Win XP service pack that I haven t downloaded I download it install it and everything is normal I say normal but what I mean is that five minutes later I am hit with another BSOD This time I uninstall the RAID controller reinstall and update the drivers all thr... Read more

A:HD switching and subsequent RAID and BSOD failure

Try installing a new power supply before you give up

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hd-switching-and-subsequent-raid-and-bsod-failure.122762/
Relevancy 15.05%

hey all i just received my new bfg gtx and whenever i try to run games like cod it would just freeze right when i connect to GTX New bsod + 280 freezing a server like New GTX 280 bsod + freezing i can see half the map and the sky is black also whenever i try to run mirrors edge i would get a bsod something along the lines of quot flash graphics drivers quot or something i didnt have enough time to really read all of it because it would just restart after about seconds i never had this problem before with my old graphics card which was a gts i have checked the gpu temperature and when it freezes it is only around - degrees Celsius counter strike is the only game that runs on this right now which i find kind of odd everything else works fine on this except the other games for some reason i can play hd movies surf the web etc with no problems whatsoever i have tried a clean uninstall reinstall of the driver for the card with the most recent driver now i am really stumped ive checked all my connections and i have taken the card out and reput it back in to see what would happen but the same problem occurred my current specs are as listed vista ultimate bit quad core gigabyte New GTX 280 bsod + freezing ga-ep -ud p board gb ocz reaper w corsair p s bfg gtx oc edition no overclocking in any way if you guys could throw some advice help at New GTX 280 bsod + freezing me i would greatly appreciate it thanks nbsp

A:New GTX 280 bsod + freezing

first i would make sure the video card is getting enough power do you know how many amps you have on your 12v rail? also the card is pre overclocked you can get something like evga precision and take the clocks back to normal and see if that helps, but in my opinion it isnt getting enough power.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-gtx-280-bsod-freezing.120774/
Relevancy 15.05%

Hi. I'm new here, and to be honest I didn't read the rules or anything.
Sorry if it's not on the right board for this.

Got a new computer a week ago, and have been suffering of BSOD's daily.

I've been looking at the minidumps a bit and it looks like that dxgkrnl.sys is almost every time the bsod's cause.

And yes, I have googled it.

The bsod's occur only when I play GTA IV.

I'm no professional in hardware, so sorry for insufficient information.

I can provide you the minidumps in .zip if you need them, but here are my specs.
Sapphire Radeon HD4870X2 2GB GDDR5
Q9550 @ 2.83 (stock)
8gb DDR2 800mhz
P5QC
Some 600w power supply
Antec Sonata III

Hope I get this solved cause it's really getting on my nerves.

A:Suffering bsod's

Try re-installing DirectX...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/suffering-bsods.120401/
Relevancy 26.23%

i have vista installed on my computer,will restart and freeze,and then sometime it will just run ok.one thing i do notice is that i have 4 gig memory,but only shows 3 gigs why?is this a memory problem?any help will be great thanks...

A:Computer restarts and freezes

I can explain some things and see about the startup issue

Go to {Start} {RUN} type in DXDIAG

save the log file and attach it here

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-restarts-and-freezes.118894/
Relevancy 25.37%

Following the title i hope it is the right place for this thread i get a blue screen when i play a game Online or offline i specs Frequent heres problem code restarts, my and still get the blue before i use to restart on the bluescreen i get this error code STOP x D xF F FE A x x xF DA B nvmcp sys AddressF DA B base F D D Datestamp CF and then when restores i get the error reporting to windows files in documents and settings temp folder WeRd e dir mini dmp WERd Frequent restarts, heres my problem code and specs e dir sysdata xml it is always this files from the beginning Processor Name AMD Athlon tm Videocard Name NVIDIA GeForce FX ------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Environment -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- ALLUSERSPROFILE C Documents and Settings All Users WINDOWS APPDATA C Documents and Settings Drehkran PLAYSTATIONIV Frequent restarts, heres my problem code and specs Application Data ArmServerInfo CLIENTNAME Console CommonProgramFiles C Program Files Common Files COMPUTERNAME PLAYSTATIONIV ComSpec C WINDOWS system cmd exe FP NO HOST CHECK NO HOMEDRIVE C HOMEPATH Documents and Settings Drehkran PLAYSTATIONIV LOGONSERVER PLAYSTATIONIV NUMBER OF PROCESSORS OS Windows NT Path C WINDOWS system C WINDOWS C WINDOWS System Wbem PATHEXT COM EXE BAT CMD VBS VBE JS JSE WSF WSH PROCESSOR ARCHITECTURE x PROCESSOR IDENTIFIER x Family Model Stepping AuthenticAMD PROCESSOR LEVEL PROCESSOR REVISION ProgramFiles C Program Files SESSIONNAME Console SystemDrive C SystemRoot C WINDOWS TEMP C DOCUME DREHKR LOCALS Temp TMP C DOCUME DREHKR LOCALS Temp USERDOMAIN PLAYSTATIONIV USERNAME Drehkran USERPROFILE C Documents and Settings Drehkran PLAYSTATIONIV windir C WINDOWS -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- CPU Details -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Physical Processors Logical Processors Processor Vendor AMD Processor Name AMD Athlon tm Additional Name x Family Model Stepping Popular Name Athlon XP Frequency MHz Serial Number - - -FBFF- - -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- BIOS Details -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- BIOS Vendor Phoenix Technologies LTD BIOS Type AT AT COMPATIBLE BIOS Version PG Copyright Nvidia - e S v PG ard BIOS v PG Date Size KB -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Motherboard Details -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Motherboard Vendor abit com tw Motherboard Model NF -S NF -M NF nVidia-nForce Version X Ports System Slots -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Memory Modules -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Installed Memory Modules Supported Speeds Other Supported Types Other DIMM SDRAM Supported Voltage V Maximum Slot Size MB Memory Socket A Memory Size MB Memory Speed ns Memory Type Other DIMM SDRAM Memory Socket A Memory Size MB Memory Speed ns Memory Type Other DIMM SDRAM Memory Socket A Memory Size MB Memory Speed ns Memory Type Other DIMM SDRAM ------------------------------------------------------------------------------ Videoadapter Details -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Video Adapter Name NVIDIA GeForce FX Video Memory MB Chipset Name GeForce FX BIOS Name Version BIOS Date Current Resolution x pixels Current Color Mode bits per pixel DirectX Version -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Monitor Details -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Driver Version Technology Raster Display Refresh Rate Hz Font Resolution dpi Width Height Diagonal in Pixels Horizonal Size Vertical Size ------------------------------------------------------... Read more

A:Frequent restarts, heres my problem code and specs

Couple if things to try

Try playing the game with no sound. Turn of sound in the game and also unplug any speakers

Try to disable the nForce Audio Drivers from Dxdiag ...
Start -> Run -> dxdiag -> Sound and Hardware Acceleration -> No acceleration

with this way nForce will emulate sound so nvmcp.sys will virtually not exist

Then see what happens

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/frequent-restarts-heres-my-problem-code-and-specs.118372/
Relevancy 25.8%

Hy guys i got this really anoyng problem whenever i play DotA my pc crashes in the middle of the game and a blue screen apears saying something i can't read because it restarts to fast , i noticed there are similar threads and learned to acces eventviewer and attached some of my minidumps to this thread
so , is it a driver problem ? a hardware compatibility problem ? please help me guys

ps: this only happens in dota

ps2: thanks a lot

A:Blue screen of death apears and pc restarts

The same thing happened to me this morning when i got a new hard drive for my computer the blue screen comes up and so quickly it restarts.
i then removed the new hard drive and put the old one back and everything was back to normal so i think this is a hard drive problem

HAIDAR

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/blue-screen-of-death-apears-and-pc-restarts.117523/
Relevancy 15.05%

I'll get a random BSOD after i OC my CPU. Even when i OC from 1.8 to 1.9Ghz, i get the BSOD's. Help would be appreciated.

Motherboard: K8V-X SE
OC via BIOS

Additional CPU info:
AMD Sempron 3000+; Palermo; socket 754​

A:AMD Sempron +3000 BSOD after OC

What is the make, type and model number of the systems memory?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-sempron-3000-bsod-after-oc.116063/
Relevancy 14.62%

Hi All I have an Acer Aspire Turion ML gb ram which runs perfectly once i finally get it to boot from cold My usual routine is power up This boots the machine past the welcome screen to the desktop where just about everything happens correctly - icons appear in the notification area then bam BSOD Variety of different messages Aspire boot BSOD 5022) cold on (Acer here some relating to sys files and sometimes just a stop message Nothing specific power off then power up straight away Again loads to desktop whereupon I get EITHER a quot windows has recovered from a serioous error quot message then all is well OR any number of messages saying explorer needs to close or could not initialise BSOD on cold boot (Acer Aspire 5022) win logon reboot then all is well No crashes - good ol XP performing as it should for as many days as I BSOD on cold boot (Acer Aspire 5022) need it until I power down and let it go cold Then the cycle starts again BSOD on cold boot (Acer Aspire 5022) I ve done the mem-test thing I ve installed Puppy Linux and that works fine so I m guessing hopefully not a hardware faliure Any clues much appreciated Kind REgards Red nbsp

A:BSOD on cold boot (Acer Aspire 5022)

Can be signs of a faulty internal HardDrive (make sure that you always complete all backups)

Please try this:

Manual steps to run Chkdsk from My Computer or Windows Explorer

Open My Computer, and then right-click the hard disk that you want to check.
Click Properties, and then click Tools.
Under Error-checking, click Check Now. A dialog box that shows the Check disk options is displayed
Use one of the following procedures:

? To run Chkdsk in read-only mode, click Start.
? (tick) To repair errors without scanning the volume for bad sectors, select the Automatically fix file system errors check box.
? To repair errors, locate bad sectors, and recover readable information, select the Scan for and attempt recovery of bad sectors check box.

Note If one or more of the files on the hard disk are open, you will receive the following message:

The disk check could not be performed because the disk check utility needs exclusive access to some Windows files on the disk. These files can be accessed by restarting Windows. Do you want to schedule the disk check to occur the next time you restart the computer?Click to expand...

Click Yes to schedule the disk check, and then restart your computer to start the disk check.

Wait until Chkdsk finishes Checking / Repairing any faults
Windows will then either restart your computer or continue loading Normally.

--------------------------

After that, you could do a Drive Diagnostics too

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-on-cold-boot-acer-aspire-5022.116920/
Relevancy 14.62%

My compaq 6515b is having a problem, im usually good about fixing them, but this has got me stubbing my toe. It will just randomly goes black screen, not shut off, but the blue wireless light cuts off, and its like just hung there, and its weird i have to manually restart it myself by forced shutdown.

The specs of my laptop are
2 GB of Ram
Amd Turion 64 X 2 Mobile Technology TL-60
Motherboard ATI RADEON X 1200 series (graphics chipset)
Windows xp professional

Any additional info jsut ask and yes i have all the updated drivers
Much appreciation in advance.

A:BSOD error or weird unusual problem

Please run Memtest on your Ram

I'd say it's either your computer's ram
Or the Video card

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-error-or-weird-unusual-problem.116908/
Relevancy 15.05%

Hi i need help Dont know whether this is the right place to be or not Recently i ve got an error saying quot virtual scsi driver not detected quot from the program Daemontools It pops up on startup and I BSOD solve can't 0x0000008E, then i get the Blue Screen Of Death with this particular errormessage STOP x E xC xB FB xB D F X My laptop then reboots over and over again until I can't solve 0x0000008E, BSOD i manage to get it into safe mode I thought it was a problem with a virtual drive so i uninstalled the program daemontools It did nt help a bit only now the SCSI RAID host controller drive in device manager has vanished I don t have the error protocol for the SCSI RAID before i uninstalled it had a yellow exclamation I still get the BSOD I ve searched the internet for solutions and i must admit that i dont know anything about computers That is why i do not dare to try to update BIOS I ve done a ram check but it showed no errors i had four tests running everything else i d tried has had no effect I ve tried to do system restorage but i can t get past the quot validate restorage date quot I press Next but nothing happens I ve tried repairing my OS but it seems that for some reason it is not possible Can an early Xp-cd be non-combatible with my I can't solve 0x0000008E, BSOD current OS In other topics people have posted their system specifications but i can t find my own This is what i could find though Some of my system specs Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Version Service Pack build Processor x Family Model Stepping GenuineIntel Mhz BIOS-version dato COMPAL B - - SMBIOS-version Minidump files attached Thanks in advance nbsp

A:I can't solve 0x0000008E, BSOD

All Minidumps point to: sysmgr.exe (W32.Spybot.Worm)

Here's a removal tool (Download; disconnect from Network; close all programs, and run)
http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/FixDavs.exe

Then proceed to:
UPDATED 8-step Viruses/Spyware/Malware Preliminary Removal Instructions

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-cant-solve-0x0000008e-bsod.116801/
Relevancy 15.05%

my first post, so hello all.
I'll get straight to the point:
this bsod is really bugging me. i've ran memtest, check disk, virus checker (windows one care) all the latest drivers are installed but i'm getting these random bsod and sometimes the computer locks up with the screen all fuzzy.

i've atttached my minidump files and would be most grateful if someone out there could look at them and decipher what clues they contain?

here's what i'm getting at the bsod:

ntfs.sys 0x24
page fault in non paged area 0x50
pfn list corrupt 0x4e
apc index mismatch 0x1 (file not attached)

A:Bsod minidump files

just had another bsod, this time memory management 0x01a

this is a self build system so i cant even complain to anybody apart from myself!!

the only thing i havent added to my system spec is the psu (antec signature 850w)

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-minidump-files.116660/
Relevancy 14.62%

Hi,

I recently put in a new AMD 64 X2 5400+ and I've been getting BSOD at random intervals.

I've run memtest and found zero errors, I ran Orthos for 12 hours with zero problems passed 4/4.

My hard drives are SATA's and roughly 4 or 5 years old.

This is one of the stop errors I've gotten:

0x000000F4 (0x00000003, 0x868E1D90, 0x868E1EDC, 0x8244400)

wanted second opinions on this error, trying to rule out the processor.

The mobo is a Biostar TF8200 A2+ (got it back in June '08)

A:BSOD Stop Error: 0x000000F4

Could you upload some MiniDumps it can help to solve the Problem.

Also how long did you run Memtest86 for?

Orthos is basically the same as Prime95,
What Test or Tests did you run on that?

Small FFT's should be run for testing the Processor, thats assuming that Orthos is similar to Prime95.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-stop-error-0x000000f4.112138/