Windows Support Forum

BSOD at start up.

Q: BSOD at start up.

Hi, I'm getting BSOD at start up after a shutdown, every time. Not after restarts. Can you help?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: BSOD at start up.

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: BSOD at start up.

Test and Diagnose RAM Issues with Memtest86+: RAM - Test with Memtest86+

Tip
Pay close attention to Part 3 of the tutorial "If you have errors"
Test the RAM with Memtest86+ for at least 7-10 passes. It may take up to 22 passes to find problems. Make sure to run it once after the system has been on for a few hours and is warm, and then also run it again when the system has been off for a few hours and is cold.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/306912-bsod-start-up.html
Relevancy 39.56%

Hello my machine is yrs old and recently I have encountered this problem It started slowly While playing Start screen. and bars up start BSOD pixelation White in up, on League of Legends and Starcraft it would occasionally freeze up the display would become pixelated and I would have to restart my PC I could still hear audio but nothing would respond on screen Now the problem has gotten worse On start up the 'starting windows ' screen will freeze and horizontal white lines will appear and then I will recieve a highly distorted BSOD It said quot Attempt to reset the display driver and recover from timeout failed quot I have used the Bluescreen View utility By Nirsoft which was BSOD on Start up, White bars and pixelation in start up screen. recommended in another post I saw and I have found that the problem is in quot dxgkrnl sys quot quot BSOD on Start up, White bars and pixelation in start up screen. dxgmms sys quot and quot nvlddmkm sys quot I have restored to the earliest system restore point available Please Help Thank You for Responding Note I am using an NVidia gtx gpu

A:BSOD on Start up, White bars and pixelation in start up screen.

There is a high probability that either your Graphics card is defective or overheating, the display distortion is a clear symptom. Ensure proper airflow in your case & blow out any dust blocking the fan of the Graphics Card. The "highly distorted BSOD" suggests that the problem is not software related but rather a hardware defect.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/242714-bsod-start-up-white-bars-pixelation-start-up-screen.html
Relevancy 39.13%

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit on Dell XPS 8100 with Intel Core i5, [email protected] GHz, 8Gb RAM, worked flawlessly out of the box in April (for five months). For a few weeks, powering off had produced "Installing Windows Updates, 1 (etc) of 8" - each and every time. Two days ago, power on results in normal system start until Windows Log In screen, which lasts about 2 seconds; then monitor displays all sorts of pretty colors. Left alone, the system restarts and ends in Black Screen with Start options; Start in Safe Mode works fine. System Restore works fine. But, removing power and starting again (cold) repeats above performance. Have attached zip file of Windows_NT6_BSOD_jcgriff2; but could not figure out how to include a Performance Monitor Report (no User Defined, or System reports shown).

A:BSOD on Start - able to start in Safe Mode and Restore

Quote: Originally Posted by peteinkent

Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit on Dell XPS 8100 with Intel Core i5, [email protected] GHz, 8Gb RAM, worked flawlessly out of the box in April (for five months). For a few weeks, powering off had produced "Installing Windows Updates, 1 (etc) of 8" - each and every time. Two days ago, power on results in normal system start until Windows Log In screen, which lasts about 2 seconds; then monitor displays all sorts of pretty colors. Left alone, the system restarts and ends in Black Screen with Start options; Start in Safe Mode works fine. System Restore works fine. But, removing power and starting again (cold) repeats above performance. Have attached zip file of Windows_NT6_BSOD_jcgriff2; but could not figure out how to include a Performance Monitor Report (no User Defined, or System reports shown).

These were both caused by hardware. Please read these to find out what it means and what to try

Your .dmp file shows a stop error of 0x124 which is a general hardware error .. A "stop 0x124" is fundamentally different to many other types of bluescreens because it stems from a hardware complaint. Stop 0x124 minidumps contain very little practical information, and it is therefore necessary to approach the problem as a case of hardware in an unknown state of distress. You can read more on this error and what to try here... Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try

Thanks
Ken

Code:

Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.11.0001.404 X86
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\K\Desktop\Windows_NT6_BSOD_jcgriff2\042510-17862-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

WARNING: Whitespace at end of path element
Symbol search path is: SRV*C:\symbols;*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols ;srv*e:\symbols
*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7600 MP (4 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS Personal
Built by: 7600.16539.amd64fre.win7_gdr.100226-1909
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`02c0e000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`02e4be50
Debug session time: Sun Apr 25 19:00:39.186 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:03:34.684
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 1E, {ffffffffc000001d, fffff80002c704c9, 0, fffff70001080400}

Probably caused by : hardware ( nt!MiIssueHardFault+329 )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

2: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (1e)
This is a very common bugcheck. Usually the exception address pinpoints
the driver/function that caused the problem. Always note this address
as well as the link date of the driver/image that contains this address.
Arguments:
Arg1: ffffffffc000001d, The exception code that was not handled
Arg2: fffff80002c704c9, ... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/110465-bsod-start-able-start-safe-mode-restore.html
Relevancy 38.27%

Hello everyone,

lately i have problem with starting my pc.
Always is like this, i checked everything CPU,RAM,HDD all is all right..

I uploaded zip

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/395948-bsod-pc-restart-few-times-before-start-sometimes-wont-start.html
Relevancy 37.41%

These errors and problems have occured since I first got my computer I just assumed that it was a problem that always happened and when I was on W x Home Premium I just ended up never getting a BSOD after a while but my computer would always restart on shut down Now I'm on Windows Ultimate new SSD and recently changed my DRAM Voltage to v from v after the dumps along with a few other properties in my BIOS I've also lost the ability to connect to my HDD but since I've just updated by BIOS and had no connected hard drive I've not suffered a single BSOD Now from this I'm guessing the BSOD txt files will say something about memory I related start - W7ULT up Memory BSOD BSOD At - noticed BSOD At start up - W7ULT - Memory BSOD related the main culprit being memory related so I upped my voltage I'm suspect to believe it's a driver error as well as memory errors I also can't get back BSOD At start up - W7ULT - Memory BSOD related on to my HDD I don't understand why I only changed the voltage in the BIOS settings Any help Seven EDIT System Specs are below already via drop down menu EDIT Updated the rar

A:BSOD At start up - W7ULT - Memory BSOD related

Welcome aboard. Follow the suggestions provided.

► Turn on USB selective Suspense
USB Selective Suspend - Turn On or Off

► Your network driver is very old. ATHEROS drivers for Microsoft Windows (Atheros?????)

Code:
kd> lmvm athrx
start end module name
fffff880`04003000 fffff880`04180000 athrx (deferred)
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\athrx.sys
Image name: athrx.sys
Timestamp: Mon Oct 05 22:03:57 2009 (4ACA1FF5)
CheckSum: 0017C3B2
ImageSize: 0017D000
Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
upgrade the network driver:

1] download the network card driver from manufactuer's website.
2] Then reinstall the driver:
3] Click the Start Button, type "devmgmt.msc" (without quotation marks) in the Start Menu Search box and press Enter.
4] Double click to expand "Network adaptors".
5] Right click your network card and click Uninstall.
6] Check "Delete driver software for this device" check box, click OK.
7] Restart the computer

If windows does not auto configure the appropriate drivers at startup, install the downloaded one manually.

► Perform a Disc Check
Reseat the sata and power.
Run chkdsk /f/r, following the option two of the tutorial Disk Check
Seatool for dos: SeaTools | Seagate download
Burn it in a blank cd. boot from the CD, click on "Accept", wait for it to finish detecting the drives, then in the upper left corner select "Basic Tests", then select "Long Test" and let it run.
For further crashes, post following Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/255433-bsod-start-up-w7ult-memory-bsod-related.html
Relevancy 37.41%

Hi guys I encountered BSOD for the first time Very annoying Right now I have to run this on Safe Mode in order to access the internet I also noticed I can't use BSOD, reboots Windows, then to gets BSOD trying then start to desktop Firefox right now and instead am using iE I couldn't run the the performance scan report either time out but I did attach the dump file rar But here's what I have any direction is appreciated When I get a BSOD trying to start Windows, gets to desktop then BSOD, then reboots chance I'll at least back up my files to my external HD while in Safe Mode which seems stable enough so far Sony Vaio VGN-NW J Windows Home Premium v -bit I think I had to install it but it came with my purchase Intel R Core TM Duo CPU T GHz GHz Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode e BSOD trying to start Windows, gets to desktop then BSOD, then reboots BCP FFFFFFFFC BCP FFFFF B BCP BCP FFFFFA OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users Chetan AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml Read our privacy statement online Windows Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows If the online privacy statement is not available please read our privacy statement offline C Windows system en-US erofflps txt

A:BSOD trying to start Windows, gets to desktop then BSOD, then reboots

Since these just started, have you tried System Restore ?
Use Advanced Boot Options to select Repair Your Computer.

Using the System Recovery Options, select System Restore.

Run through the steps in OPTION TWO of System Restore

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/224490-bsod-trying-start-windows-gets-desktop-then-bsod-then-reboots.html
Relevancy 36.98%

Hey everyone here is my serious problem Unfortunately I was stupid enough to let my quot Free Space quot on my entire computer get to less than GB left It may possibly have been at or GB actually My computer then froze and I went start cannot up Disk "Inadequate up in Safe Space" normally, Mode, BSOD: start Cannot to restart it However it would just take me to the blue screen of death I've tried booting it up in every way I could think of in normal mode in Safe Mode with the quot Repair Windows quot option and everything else My computer will simply not get past the quot Loading quot screen On the blue screen of death it does say quot Check to see if you have adequate disk space quot so I am guessing that is a big part of the problem But here's my question How do I free up disk space when my computer cannot even run Note I've tried going on the BIOS and Advanced Start Up but I can't seem to find any options that would help with my situation

A:BSOD: Cannot start up normally, cannot start up in Safe Mode, "Inadequate Disk Space"

Hi,

Use Ubuntu to free the space.

You can get it from here: http://www.ubuntu.com/desktop/get-ubuntu/download

Step #2 on that page shows you how to create the USB/CD.

Then once you boot into it (choose the option where it just runs off the USB/CD) you can use it to delete your files or to copy them from the Windows Drive to an external hard drive (Note: Do not copy anything to the Ubuntu Filesystem as it will not be saved on shut-down)

Regards,
Reventon

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-cannot-start-up-normally-cannot-start-up-in-safe-mode-inadequate-disk-space-508890.html
Relevancy 33.54%

Hi II am getting quite desperate now because for weeks i have been getting BSOD on start up first thing evrey morning i unplug the power then restart windows normally then i am ok until the next morning This has been happening since i built my pc i thought i had found the cause because up Help,BSOD start on the default Dramv in Help,BSOD on start up the bios was v but my ram runs on v still the lowest setting in my bios for dramv is v so i have it running at that for now This is my pc - Iintel i Asrock P Pro motherboard Corsair xms ram TW X G C DHX G X Gb Ati saphire radeon Graphics Corsair h- cooler Help,BSOD on start up arctic w PS I have overclocked this to Ghz with stable temps also stress tseted wit prime with no problems The bsod error shows - Memory management i have traced it to ntoskrnl exe in one report using Bluescreenview this is the HTML report - i need to Help,BSOD on start up diagnose this fault please help thank you nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-bsod-on-start-up.920127/
Relevancy 33.54%

my laptop is dell xps m1530 vista sp2
recently suffered hdd failure so went for repair
now i start skype

A:bsod when start web cam

Do you only have problems when using the webcam.

Go to the Dell Support site and install the drivers for the webcam.

Take a look at the below thread and attach the requested reports so we may see the minidumps

http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ta-452654.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/bsod-when-start-web-cam-659230.html
Relevancy 33.54%

My computer start. BSOD won't now blue screened the other day while i was at work when i came home to my frozen computer sitting on the BSOD now won't start. screen still which puzzled me the only part that i canremember is quot memory crash dump quot Now it won't load It takes it minutes to load up to the boot options half the time it only shows the processor Only shows processor gt quot Please insert a boot disk quot Shows processor and BSOD now won't start. HDD gt HDD gt does a memory check that never finishes Shows HDD and CD DVD and Processor gt So far boot disk in CD DVD BSOD now won't start. has no use or if it does do anything it says my HDD is a removable disk I've also gotten quot Failed to detect array quot quot DHCP quot In BIOS it has no boot priority for my HDD If i can get a response from anything else it says quot unable to detect system hardware quot Help PLEASE I've been at this for days now I can give some more info on the computer if needed I bought it second hand from a friend who builds them and I'm starting to get stressed because i haven't even finished paying for it Edit When i get into system recovery it says quot This file contains no information on your hardware quot no matter what file i try to open Edit IF i try to run the quot Start up repair quot it opens the Recovery Manager whick has no options other than contact HP Support

A:BSOD now won't start.

Hello Jaunus. Welcome to the forum.

It sounds like you've had a core component failure. I can give you a standard "no boot" diagnostic procedure if you feel comfortable taking a PC apart and putting it back together again. Let me know if you want to try this.

But I think that since you recently bought it from a friend who builds computers, and it is most likely a hardware failure, I'm wondering if it makes more sense to have him/her look at it. While not legally binding there should be a general understanding that a PC you bought should not break down in 30 or 60 days.

Do not feel that this is a Windows/OS problem that you caused because of a blue screen. If hardware failed then that would happen. If you can't get it to POST (beep once) & BOOT (complete the normal BIOS routine) then this is definite.
If it BOOTs but cannot find an OS to start then it could be other things, but a hard drive failure is one of them.

System specs are always helpful (to get good answers).

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/273057-bsod-now-wont-start.html
Relevancy 33.54%

Windows Vista 32 bit w/ sp 2
Original (freshly re-installed) OS
OS was pre-installed on system (used restore disk for reinstall)
system is 2 1/2 years old
OS installation is 1 week old
Intel Core 2 duo E4500 @ 2.2 Ghz
2 Nvidia Geforce 8600 GTS
EVGA Nforce 680i SLI
1000w power supply (maker unknown)

Bought the PC from Alienware

System crashes after the windows prgress bar gets done loading, but just before splash screen. Both cards show up on device manager, but SLI is not found on BIOS (v. 32). All drivers/windows files are fully updated.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-on-every-start-up-492774.html
Relevancy 33.54%

? OS - Windows 7 professional 64 bit service pack 1;
? x86 (64-bit)
? What was original installed OS on system: Windows 7 professional 64 bit;
? full retail version;
? Age of system: 13 months;
? Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS: 13 months no reinstallation;

? CPU: Intel Core i7-2670QM;
? Video Card: nVidia Quadro 1000M;
? MotherBoard: Hewlett-Packard 1631;
? Power Supply - brand & wattage: Hewlett Packard 45 W

? System Manufacturer: Hewlett Packard
? Exact model number: Product number: LY527EA#ABZ Elitebook 8560w

Hello, I got a BSOD on start upi!

Regards,

aerostrato

A:BSOD At Start up!

Hi,

The attached DMP file is of the NTFS_FILE_SYSTEM (24) bug check.

This indicates a problem occurred in ntfs.sys, the driver file that allows the system to read and write to NTFS drives.

An access violation occurred, let's see what caused it:

Code:

0: kd> .exr 0xfffff880102c4108
ExceptionAddress: fffff8800873d3c8 (aswMonFlt+0x00000000000033c8)
ExceptionCode: c0000005 (Access violation)
It was caused by aswMonFlt.sys which is the avast! File System Minifilter Driver.

If we take a look at the call stack:

Code:

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`102c4348 fffff880`0873d51c : fffff8a0`02fa6be0 00000000`00000000 fffff8a0`014c7708 fffff8a0`054a4a60 : aswMonFlt+0x33c8
fffff880`102c4350 fffff8a0`02fa6be0 : 00000000`00000000 fffff8a0`014c7708 fffff8a0`054a4a60 fffff8a0`054a4a60 : aswMonFlt+0x351c
fffff880`102c4358 00000000`00000000 : fffff8a0`014c7708 fffff8a0`054a4a60 fffff8a0`054a4a60 fffff880`0873d669 : 0xfffff8a0`02fa6be0
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x24_aswMonFlt+33c8

Same driver.

Remove and replace avast! with Microsoft Security Essentials for temporary troubleshooting purposes:

avast! removal - avast! Uninstall Utility | Download aswClear for avast! Removal

MSE - Microsoft Security Essentials - Microsoft Windows

Regards,

Patrick

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-at-start-up-774938.html
Relevancy 33.54%

I'll go through what I get every day.

I start up my pc, goes fine, gets to the desktop then it'll BSOD and restart.
After it starts up again, there's no event viewer etc but it won't BSOD.
I shutdown my PC and it'll restart for no reason although I tell it to shut down, I then have to shut it down once it restarts.

I had one BSOD after trying to install all of the windows 7 updates because I thought I may aswell just update everything since I didn't before as it caused crashes.

I attached my latest dump.

A:BSOD on first start-up then no BSOD on 2nd start-up.

It is much easier to find patterns, etc, when there are more than one crash.

We prefer you wait until you have at least two so that if one is corrupt the other probably wont be.

These crashes were caused by memory corruption/exception (probably a driver).
Please run these two tests to verify your memory and find which driver is causing the problem.

* If you are overclocking anything reset to default before running these tests.
In other words STOP!!!

* If you have raid update its Driver.

Memtest.

Quote:
*Download a copy of Memtest86 and burn the ISO to a CD using Iso Recorder or another ISO burning program. Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

*Boot from the CD, and leave it running for at least 5 or 6 passes.

Just remember, any time Memtest reports errors, it can be either bad RAM or a bad motherboard slot.

Test the sticks individually, and if you find a good one, test it in all slots.

Any errors are indicative of a memory problem.

If a known good stick fails in a motherboard slot it is probably the slot.

RAM - Test with Memtest86+

Driver verifier

Quote:
Using Driver Verifier is an iffy proposition. Most times it'll crash and it'll tell you what the driver is. But sometimes it'll crash and won't tell you the driver. Other times it'll crash before you can log in to Windows. If you can't get to Safe Mode, then you'll have to resort to offline editing of the registry to disable Driver Verifier.

So, I'd suggest that you first backup your stuff and then make sure you've got access to another computer so you can contact us if problems arise. Then make a System Restore point (so you can restore the system using the Vista/Win7 Startup Repair feature).

Then, here's the procedure:
- Go to Start and type in "verifier" (without the quotes) and press Enter
- Select "Create custom settings (for code developers)" and click "Next"
- Select "Select individual settings from a full list" and click "Next"
- Select everything EXCEPT FOR "Special Pool", "Force Pending I/O Requests" and "Low Resource Simulation" and click "Next"
- Select "Select driver names from a list" and click "Next"
Then select all drivers NOT provided by Microsoft and click "Next"
- Select "Finish" on the next page.

Reboot the system and wait for it to crash to the Blue Screen.
Continue to use your system normally, and if you know what causes the crash, do that repeatedly.
The objective here is to get the system to crash because Driver Verifier is stressing the drivers out.
If it doesn't crash for you, then let it run for at least 36 hours of continuous operation.

Reboot into Windows (after the crash) and turn off Driver Verifier by going back in and selecting "Delete existing settings" on the first page, then locate and zip up the memory dump file and upload it with your next post.

If you can't get into Windows because it crashes too soon, try it in Safe Mode.
If you can't get into Safe Mode, try using System Restore from your installation DVD to set the system back to the previous restore point that you created.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/215690-bsod-first-start-up-then-no-bsod-2nd-start-up.html
Relevancy 33.54%

I've been getting blue screens recently and was hoping someone could point me in the right direction as to where they are coming from. They only happen about 60 seconds after initially turning on my PC, at which time it gives me the error DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE and reboots. Once the PC is rebooted it runs fine until it is shutdown. When I start up the computer the next time I use it, the BSOD will happen again.

One thing that I notice is that even when I try to totally shut down the computer, when I turn it on it will still start from a screen that says "Resuming from Hibernation." I know that this was not always the case, and usually I would see a screen with my motherboard manufacturer on it first.

Any advice on how to proceed trying to fix this issue would be greatly appreciated.

A:BSOD on start up

Have you made changes to your power plan recently? Something might have been inadvertently been changed

Lets restore your power plan first..

copy this to your desktop and run as adminitrator
Attachment 22254

Now shutdown then restart the computer

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/25615-bsod-start-up.html
Relevancy 33.54%

I have had my current hard drive os install for upgraded to SSD at that time or so months with no BSOD up every 7 start Win issues Tuesday night I surfed on the computer briefly before going to bed and everything seemed fine I woke up Wednesday morning to a windows repair attempt I restarted and it immediately would restart I disabled auto restart and it came up with the b bsod I have attempted numberous windows system repairs via the installation disc BSOD Win 7 every start up system restore which BSOD Win 7 every start up for some reason only shows two restore points one of which happened Tuesday night after I went to bed from a system BSOD Win 7 every start up update chkdsk repair sfc repair malwarebytes scan via hooking the hard drive up to another computer with a usb sata cable switched out sata cables removed all other drives and also ran super anti spyware via a hiren disc I am still at a constant BSOD after all of that I can not get into safe mode or normal mode I can see my files folders when I hook it up to another computer or if i use a live cd The full BSOD is STOP x B xFFFFF A xFFFFFFFFC x x

A:BSOD Win 7 every start up

http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html

Try and get all the files needed over to a working machine.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/268951-bsod-win-7-every-start-up.html
Relevancy 33.54%

Earlier today my dad turned on our computer to a blue screen. It told him to restart the computer if he had never seen it before, and he did. However, we cannot get it to start back up. When we press the power button, the fan runs (harder than usual), but the monitor stays asleep. HELP.

A:BSOD - no start

There's not much help I would be able to provide not being able to see your dumps, make sure the VGA or whichever connectors you are using for your monitor are fully connected, and that the graphics card is seated properly, then try these steps:Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Boot
You could also try placing a different graphics card in the computer and then check if you can see the screen.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/271546-bsod-no-start.html
Relevancy 33.54%

Hi
I got my computer custom built for me by some techs with the specs below, in 2008. After about a year I kept getting the BSOD on start-up. When I restarted it would start fine or give me the BSOD again. To my knowledge I didn't make any major changes to my computer when it started. After a year I upgraded from vista to Windows 7 Ultimate as I was told it was more reliable although the problem did not go away.
I have attached the most recent file from the Minidump so somebody with some knowledge can check them please, although I have 12 more from the past month (which is quite a lot since I use my computer twice a week) if anybody would like to see them.
Also, windows explorer sometimes restarts itself without restarted the full OS. This might be a another effect for this problem
Any help would be very much appreciated with this issue.
Thanks

A:BSOD on start-up

Hello sooty1892,
Here are the results of your bugcheck.

STOP 0x0000008E: KERNEL_MODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

Usual causes: Insufficient disk space. Device driver. Video card. BIOS. Breakpoint in startup without having a debugger attached. Hardware incompatibility. Faulty system service. 3rd party remote control. Memory.

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *
BugCheck 1000008E, {c0000005, 825a28c5, 8c9bf80c, 0}
Probably caused by : memory_corruption
Followup: memory_corruption
---------
1: kd> !analyze -v
As you can see, the BSOD was caused by memory corruption.

Remove all but one stick of ram and try the system, if all goes well, replace the stick with another, and so on until you have tested all the ram sticks, hopefully one will show as bad, you could use Memtest but that will only tell you if the ram is OK or not, not which one is bad.

It could be that the memory is OK and that it is a compatibility problem, some boards are picky about ram.

Test the ram and get back to us, good luck.

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/280107-bsod-start-up.html
Relevancy 33.54%

Good evening from Greece. My PC is not exactly what you would describe as new, but I installed win7 x64 last week because I bought 4GB of RAM, and my winx32 wouldn't be able to recognize them. The first few days everything goes as planned. But since this morning, I keep having random blue screens. I know my way around a pc, either hardware or software, but I'm not a programmer, and I've run out of ideas. I would appreciate any help.
I have attached my minidump file as requested in the rules..

A:Relatively new PC, BSOD in every start

Code:
BugCheck 3B, {c000001d, fffff80002d722a0, fffff880024498d0, 0}

Probably caused by : hardware ( nt!RtlpCopyAces+1f0 )

---------
So apparently it is a hardware related issue.

Test your RAM modules for possible errors.
How to Test and Diagnose RAM Issues with Memtest86+
Run memtest for at least 8 passes, preferably overnight.

If it start showing errors/red lines, stop testing. A single error is enough to determine that something is going bad there.

Stress test the Graphics Card using Furmark.
Video Card - Stress Test with Furmark

Stress test the CPU.
Hardware - Stress Test With Prime95

Let us know the results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/348953-relatively-new-pc-bsod-every-start.html
Relevancy 33.54%

Hello community I've purchased a new pc about two weeks ago and yet i got BSOD or even more all of them only during start up I don't get any BSOD while I work in OS environment only when pc has to boot up It's really weird since BSOD is more applied when you get that during some kind of work with computer I can stress my GPU CPU - it handles perfectly no artifacts lags temps rise and etc My pc build CPU Intel Xeon E v Mobo Asus H Pro SSD up BSOD during start Samsung Pro GB HDD Seagate TB Barracuda GPU MSi GTX Gaming edition GB bit Mhz PSU Corsair RM RAM Kingston HyperX Beast GB x BSOD during start up GB Mhz under XMP profile in BIOS I've noticed that there is maybe - percent gettin BSOD at cold boot up don't know how it's called but when you turn on computer for the first time So when it restarts it's OK As I said PC works fine and no BSOD I can work hard on him - nothing only headache is start up Firstly I got installed Win after WIn loading post image I got blank screen blinking I think system was struggling to indentify the GPU and I got BSOD everytime after that blank screen BSOD was saying it's problem with my NVIDIA or DirectX driver Ok I decided to move to Win I maybe managed to do - boot ups but part of them were not correctly done - each time I managed to get into OS but all windows were black only Windows explorer borders were visible I bet it's directx problem cos if it's nvidia I would not see anything at all Ok I found that on Power Options in Power buttons section you can switch off fast boot up I did No longer I had problem for maybe - but after that during ordinary boot up when I should have got taken to desktop my screen got blank black and it started blinking the same process as under Win OS but this time it really tried to catch up GPU really hard but not successfully so I got for the first time BSOD And it said it has something to do with WATCHDOG system file But when I checked dump file in Bluescreen viewer it says problem is ntokrnl exe Please can you help me out I got newest windows and drivers updates No third-party registry changing or repairing software is installed I assign my dumpfile for further investigation Thanks

A:BSOD during start up

Disable nVidia Streaming Kernel Service in services.msc
Try clean boot. If that doesn't help, I would suggest you to uninstall the currently installed nVidia Driver using the Display Driver Tool from this **LINK**. Once it has removed the drivers, reinstall the latest drivers from the nVidia Website and see if the crashes persist or not.

Code:
AsIO.sys Wed Aug 22 11:54:47 2012 (5034AC67)
Asus PCProbe Utility
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=AsIO.sys

athwnx.sys Mon Apr 1 07:32:05 2013 (51591BD5)
Driver for Qualcomm Atheros Extensible Wireless LAN (CB42/CB43/MB42/MB43) Network Adapter device driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=athwnx.sys

intelppm.sys Thu Aug 22 10:46:35 2013 (5215CFEB)
Intel Processor driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=intelppm.sys

iqvw64e.sys Thu Nov 14 16:22:43 2013 (5284EAC3)

iqvw64e.sys - this driver hasn't been added to the DRT as of this run. Please search Google/Bing for the driver if additional information is needed.

TeeDriverx64.sys Tue Sep 23 22:01:14 2014 (5421D18A)
Intel Management Engine Interface driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=TeeDriverx64.sys

nvhda64v.sys Thu Oct 9 19:02:27 2014 (5436BFA3)
nVidia HDMI Audio Device (nForce chipset driver)
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=nvhda64v.sys

iaStorA.sys Thu Nov 6 20:00:02 2014 (545BC532)
Intel RST (Rapid Storage Technology) driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=iaStorA.sys

nvvad64v.sys Thu Nov 20 16:33:54 2014 (546E09E2)
NVIDIA Virtual Audio Driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=nvvad64v.sys

NvStreamKms.sys Mon Jan 12 18:56:42 2015 (54B40ADA)
nVidia Streaming Kernel service - may cause BSOD in Win8.1 systems (found in May 2014). Date/TimeStamp: Tue Apr 29 20:59:44 2014 (53604B00) MAY NOT BE A PROBLEM, this is a tenative posting - Appears that April 29 driver is a problem, July 2014 drivers seem OK
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=NvStreamKms.sys

RTKVHD64.sys Tue Feb 3 15:11:16 2015 (54D0D704)
Realtek High Definition Audio Function Driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=RTKVHD64.sys

nvlddmkm.sys Thu Feb 5 19:01:37 2015 (54D3B001)
nVidia Video drivers
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=nvlddmkm.sys

nvvadarm.sys Thu Feb 5 19:24:46 2015 (54D3B56E)
NVIDIA Virtual Audio Driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=nvvadarm.sys

Debug session time: Thu Mar 12 15:32:08.242 2015 (UTC + 1:00)
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\Mihael\SysnativeBSODApps\031215-4500-01.dmp]
Built by: 9600.17668.amd64fre.winblue_r8.150127-1500
System Uptime: 0 days 0:01:02.934
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+da100 )
BugCheck 133, {0, 501, 500, 0}
BugCheck Info: DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION (133)
Bugcheck code 00000133
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000000, A single DPC or ISR exceeded its time allotment. The offending
component can usually be identified with a stack trace.
Arg2: 0000000000000501, The DPC time count (in ticks).
Arg3: 0000000000000500, The DPC time allotment (in ticks).
Arg4: 0000000000000000
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x133
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN8_DRIVER_FAULT
PROCESS_NAME: System
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x133_DPC_nvlddmkm+da100
MaxSpeed: 3400
CurrentSpeed: 3400
BiosVersion = 2704
BiosReleaseDate = 02/13/2015
SystemManufacturer = ASUS
SystemProductName = All Series
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``

--- E O J --- 2015 Mar 13 00:59:53 AM _88-dbug Copyright 2012 Sysnative Forums

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/62934-bsod-during-start-up.html
Relevancy 33.54%

Hello to everyone!
BSOD appears only at start up, not appears in a restart.
The pc works correctly in navigation, in games, etc.
Regards

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/386998-bsod-only-start-up.html
Relevancy 33.54%

Hello, my computer was working fine on Windows 8. After updating to Windows 8.1 I keep on getting a BSOD when I startup my computer but not when I restart it.

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

More info can be found in the link or in the attachment.
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/u5aqvem1haokuf5/UXcDBml9s-

Hi

Your BSOD issue seems to be caused by athwnx.sys which is the main driver file of your Wireless adapter.

Code:
BugCheck D1, {0, 2, 8, 0}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for athwnx.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for athwnx.sys
Probably caused by : athwnx.sys ( athwnx+f540e )

Please uninstall the old driver completely and update to the latest one from the card manufacturer's web site. If there is any difficulty in finding an update, please post the make and model of the adapter in next reply and i will look for you.

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/34171-bsod-start-up.html
Relevancy 33.54%

I get BSOD crashes 2 to 3 times in a row on start up, after the mandatory crashes everything seems to work fine minus the fact I experience system lag issues.

I got this problem late last year and it has been getting worse, it now crashes multiple times on start up every time without fail.

I have installed and uninstalled all sorts of drivers and male-ware software I could research and downgraded to service pack 1, nothing I have done has alleviated the issue.

Any ideas? Thanks in advance.

Edit: I have also run 3rd party system scans for CPU RAM and HDD/SSD, nothing negative came up.

A:BSOD upon start-up x3

Scan the system for possible virus infection with the following programs.
Anti-rootkit utility TDSSKiller
Windows Defender Offline
Let us know the result. Also upload your MSINFO32.nfo file.
Click on the start button
Type "msinfo32" (without quotes) in the search bar of the start menu, click the resulting link. It will open the System Information window.
File>Save. In the "File Name" filed, put "MSINFO32" (without Quote), give the save location to desktop, and click the "save" button.
Give the time for processing, it will save a .nfo file on your desktop.
Zip it, and upload it following the instruction.
Further troubleshooting will be needed, but after having these two information.

Code:
BugCheck 1E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff80002a75f1a, 0, ffffffffffffffff}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KiPageFault+39a )

---------
fffff800`00b9c028 fffff880`0112074dUnable to load image ataport.SYS, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for ataport.SYS
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for ataport.SYS
ataport+0xf74d
---------
fffff800`00b9c120 fffff880`01109604*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atapi.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atapi.sys
atapi+0x1604

Code:
BugCheck 50, {fffffdfffdcd6aca, 0, fffff80002a8f571, 7}
Could not read faulting driver name
Probably caused by : cdd.dll ( cdd!PresentWorkerThread+4d8 )

---------

Code:
BugCheck 116, {fffffa800732c4e0, fffff880051bc700, ffffffffc000009a, 4}
Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+8ed700 )

---------
Image name: nvlddmkm.sys
Timestamp: Fri Jun 21 14:36:16 2013 (51C41788)
check storage and display.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/361996-bsod-upon-start-up-x3.html
Relevancy 33.54%

Hello The problem is the same one as those i could read on this forum i have a bsod during windows starting at first the start of BSOD Another day before login each time my computer Another BSOD at first start of the day still power off during few hours Another BSOD at first start of the day i think about a half day So i've to restart my pc two or three times each day to run it quot normally quot after that every restart is ok As i said it i read some similar cases Another BSOD at first start of the day but solutions mentionned could not be apply or i tried them but they are useless The Pc is ten days new and i assembled it So there is no other OS installed on I usually tried to solve problems by myself but atfer ten day of research i conclude that is out of my skills even if i've learn lots of thing during this time I prefer to not tell you things that i've done or observed i think it's better to not drive you on a wrong way But of course i'll answer to give you information if necessary Thank you for helping me OS Windows ultimate x CPU Intel Core i - Quad Core Socket DMI GT s Cache MB ASUS P H Intel H Express - ATX Memory Corsair Dominator Go Kit x Go DDR -SDRAM PC CL GC Gigabyte GV-N OC- G HD Western Digital AV-GP To RPM Mo Serial ATA II PSU Corsair TX W - Alimentation W ATX V Hope my english is not to dificult to read i'm not from english spoken country

A:Another BSOD at first start of the day

Test your RAM RAM - Test with Memtest86+

Code:
BugCheck 27, {baad0073, fffff88008040a58, fffff880080402c0, fffff88002c7a38d}

Probably caused by : memory_corruption

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/140924-another-bsod-first-start-day.html
Relevancy 33.54%

I'm not a computer person but my laptop is brand new with Windows and this issue is driving me crazy I will try to desribe the issue as clearly as possible Yesterday as I went to shut down my computer it installed a new update This update shows up in events but start on BSOD up when I go to control panal to find it it does not show up In Safe Mode When I try to boot my laptop normally it goes to the BSOD and also when I try to boot it in Safe Mode w Networking It boots fine in Safe Mode The code that comes up with the BSOD says DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL when I went into device manager I found a driver error for one of the drivers Consumer IR Device System Device Cannot Load the drivers required Code The problem signature is event name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional Info BCCode d BCP BCP BCP BCP FFFFF CF D OS Version Service Pack BSOD on start up Product Files that may BSOD on start up help C Windows Minidump - dmp C owner appdata Local temp wer- - sysdata xml One friend suggested it may be an issue with out of date drivers I think it must be linked somehow to the update that my computer installed BSOD on start up yesterday I never had any problems until then I haven't tried running the restore disks yet I'm not at home PLEASE HELP

Quote: Originally Posted by wilkeww

I'm not a computer person, but my laptop is brand new with Windows 7 and this issue is driving me crazy. I will try to desribe the issue as clearly as possible.

Yesterday as I went to shut down my computer, it installed a new update. This update shows up in events but when I go to control panal to find it, it does not show up. (In Safe Mode)

When I try to boot my laptop normally it goes to the BSOD and also when I try to boot it in Safe Mode w/Networking. It boots fine in Safe Mode.

The code that comes up with the BSOD says: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

when I went into device manager I found a driver error for one of the drivers: Consumer IR Device/System Device
Cannot Load the drivers required (Code 31)

The problem signature is:
event name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional Info:
BCCode: d1
BCP1: 0000000000000010
BCP2: 0000000000000002
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: FFFFF88001CF95D6
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1

Files that may help:
C:\\Windows\Minidump\112609_15522-01.dmp
C:\\owner\appdata\Local\temp\wer-30638-0.sysdata.xml

One friend suggested it may be an issue with out of date drivers, I think it must be linked somehow to the update that my computer installed yesterday, I never had any problems until then. I haven't tried running the restore disks yet, I'm not at home!

PLEASE HELP!

Hi and Welcome

Can you go into c:\windows\minidump, zip the dmp file and upload it to us using the attachment icon.

Thanks

Kenn J++

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/42106-bsod-start-up.html
Relevancy 33.54%

i woke up today to find i had the BSoD , so i re-booted and it happens everytime now, says run a dll had to be stopped ?!?

cant go more than 1 min weithout getting the BSoD now. any ideas ?

Relevancy 33.54%

I have a BSOD start on up new computer with windows and I have been getting a BSOD during boot up whenever the computer is started after being off for a while Usually when I first turn the computer on the fans start up and I can hear the hard drive working but there is no signal to the monitor The LEDs on the motherboard that are usually on while the computer is starting also stay on If I reset the computer then it will start to boot but with little blocks or lines on the screen then I will get the BSOD On the next restart it will usually boot up and run fine but ask to do a startup repair or start normally If I restart at any point later it will usually restart OK This will all happen again if the computer stays shut down for maybe minutes or more The BSOD says it is a stop error and gives quot STOP BSOD on start up x IE quot I can give the rest if someone needs it Windows startup repair BSOD on start up will either just run and restart windows or it will say an error was found but could not be repaired It says something like quot unspecified changes to system configuration might have caused this problem quot I have tried removing my network card updating video card drivers updating other drivers and checking the connections on the video card I also ran the basic memory test one time when it asked and it found no errors I m not really sure if this is hardware or not but maybe someone can help nbsp

Ok, now I get the blue screen every time. I can't start Windows normally, but I can go into the BIOS and I can run in safe mode. Any ideas as to what's wrong?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bsod-on-start-up.896983/
Relevancy 33.54%

Hello Yesterday I suddenly experienced immediate BSODs after start up ie - seconds start after up BSOD after I log in to Windows It started after downloading one innocent looking webcam software I can only use Windows in safe mode Windows Defender is blocked windows update is blocked AVG install is blocked etc I havent had a anti-virus or firewall running and I use Windows Ultimate -bit When I run DDS another BSOD shows up and restarting is the only option so I cant post a log file Any of you got possible options I ll be grateful For some reason as I tried DDS it did work out finally I attached the attach txt as a zipped file here the log DDS Ver - - - NTFS AMD MINIMAL Run by Wouter BSOD after start up at on ma - - Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows Ultimate GMT SP Windows Defender Enabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system wininit exeC Windows system lsm BSOD after start up exeC Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunchC Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSSC Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestrictedC Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcsC Windows system svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestrictedC Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceC Windows Explorer EXEC Windows system ctfmon exeC Windows system rundll exeC Users Wouter Desktop dds scrC Windows system conhost exeC Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report mWinlogon Userinit userinit exe BHO Adobe PDF Link Helper df c-e BSOD after start up ad- -a -fa c ebdc - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dllBHO Aanmeldhulp voor Windows Live ID d - c - abf- ecc- c - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dllBHO Office Document Cache Handler b f a - e - -ba - b e ff - C PROGRA MICROS Office URLREDIR DLLuRun WhatPulse C Program Files x WhatPulse WhatPulse exeuRun lt NO NAME gt mRun Malwarebytes Anti-Malware reboot quot C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbam exe quot runcleanupscriptmRunOnce Malwarebytes Anti-Malware C Program Files x Malwarebytes Anti-Malware mbamgui exe install silentmRunOnce InnoSetupRegFile quot C Windows is-RRTA exe quot REG REGSVRMODEmPolicies-explorer NoActiveDesktop x mPolicies-explorer NoActiveDesktopChanges x mPolicies-system ConsentPromptBehaviorAdmin x mPolicies-system ConsentPromptBehaviorUser x mPolicies-system EnableLUA x mPolicies-system EnableUIADesktopToggle x mPolicies-system PromptOnSecureDesktop x IE E amp xporteren naar Microsoft Excel - C PROGRA MICROS Office EXCEL EXE DPF D CDB E-AE D- CF- B - - hxxp fpdownload macromedia com get shockwave cabs flash swflash cabFilter text xml - E - - D -A - B D E - C Program Files x Common Files microsoft shared OFFICE MSOXMLMF DLLHandler wlpg - E EF CD-A A- A B- E F- F B E - C Program Files x Windows Live Photo Gallery AlbumDownloadProtocolHandler dll D - C - ABF- ECC- C B F A - E - -BA - B E FF mRun-x EvtMgr C Program Files Logitech SetPointP SetPoint exe launchGaming FIREFOX FF - ProfilePath - C Users Wouter AppData Roaming Mozilla Firefox Profiles kdv lpf default FF - prefs js browser startup homepage - hxxp www kansrijkhuren nl FF - component C Program Files x Nokia Nokia Ovi Suite Connectors Bookmarks Connector FirefoxExtension components FirefoxExtension dllFF - plugin C PROGRA MICROS Office NPAUTHZ DLLFF - plugin C PROGRA MICROS Office NPSPWRAP DLLFF - plugin C Program Files x Pando Networks Media Booster npPandoWebPlugin dllFF - plugin C Program Files x TVUPlayer npTVUAx dllFF - plugin C Program Files x Windows Live Photo Gallery NPWLPG dllFF - plugin C ProgramData id Software QuakeLive npquakezero dllFF - plugin C Users Wouter AppData Roaming Mozilla Firefox Profiles kdv lpf default extensions firefox tvunetworks com plugins npTVUAx dllFF - plugin C Windows system TVUAx npTVUAx dllFF - plugin C Windows SysWOW Macromed Flash NPSWF dllFF - Ext Default ce c - e - -a - ce fd - C Program Files x Mozilla Firefox extensions ce c - e - -a - ce fd FF - Ext TVU W... Read more

A:BSOD after start up

Hi,Welcome to Bleeping Computer. My name is m0le and I will be helping you with your log.Please subscribe to this topic, if you haven't already. Click the Watch This Topic button at the top on the right.

Please avoid installing/uninstalling or updating any programs and attempting any unsupervised fixes or scans. This can make helping you impossible.

Please reply to this post so I know you are there.The forum is busy and we need to have replies as soon as possible. If I haven't had a reply after 3 days I will bump the topic and if you do not reply by the following day after that then I will close the topic.Once I receive a reply then I will return with your first instructions.Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/380722/bsod-after-start-up/
Relevancy 33.54%

Hi all, ok here we go, when i start my computer up it gets to the 'Starting Windows' screen, then i get the blue screen of death and my pc restarts and does the same all over again. After some googling I have came to the conclusion that its caused by a driver error, a video driver error to be specific. Before my pc crashed I was in the middle of installing new video drivers, and i take it to be they were the wrong ones. I had previously installed IObits gamebooster and that had promted me to update the driver and took me to the nvidia driver download page. I have tried system restore via startup repair but to no avail. Now i can get my pc on atall, either in safe mode or normal. Please help as i use my computer a lot.

Thanks in advance

Kellyfelly

A:BSOD on start up, Please help!

Quote: Originally Posted by kellyfelly

Hi all, ok here we go, when i start my computer up it gets to the 'Starting Windows' screen, then i get the blue screen of death and my pc restarts and does the same all over again. After some googling I have came to the conclusion that its caused by a driver error, a video driver error to be specific. Before my pc crashed I was in the middle of installing new video drivers, and i take it to be they were the wrong ones. I had previously installed IObits gamebooster and that had promted me to update the driver and took me to the nvidia driver download page. I have tried system restore via startup repair but to no avail. Now i can get my pc on atall, either in safe mode or normal. Please help as i use my computer a lot.

Thanks in advance

Kellyfelly

Hi Kellyfelly welcome to SF!
For first step,help us to help you by uploading ur minidumps
Just Follow these simple directions http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/174712-bsod-start-up-please-help.html
Relevancy 33.54%

Hi as you can tell i'm new here after start BSOD just up Iv been reading a few of the other random crash posts and have tried to follow them as best as I can Basically my computer will freeze about a minute BSOD just after start up or after login and when I restart I can login again either in safe BSOD just after start up mode or normal and I will get a BSOD again after or minutes after logging in Iv attached the dmp file I think Iv done it correctly I also saw that you were telling everyone that they should run the memory BSOD just after start up thing so I did that last night and after passes leaving it on overnight there were errors So with that dmp file what should I proceed to do next All I can find out at the moment about my pc seens as its a generically built one bought in August is I have Windows Ultimate bit previously I had windows xp professional - I never had Vista AMD athlon x dual core processor Nvidia graphics card gb sata hdd I bought that from pc world after my other gb sata one failed about months ago gb memory - not sure about any other info on that BIOS is AMI Also found that my motherboard is ALiveNF G-DVI I found most of that info using AIDA - alot of it says unknown or OEM will fill in What should be my next steps baring in mind that I can't use my computer for more than minutes I'm also not amazing with all the technical language but I can follow instructions if you walk me though it Hope you can help me out Ben

A:BSOD just after start up

Quote: Originally Posted by Bendocherty

Hi, as you can tell i'm new here

Iv been reading a few of the other random crash posts and have tried to follow them as best as I can.

Basically, my computer will freeze about a minute or 2 after login, and when I restart, I can login again either in safe mode or normal, and I will get a BSOD, again after 1 or 2 minutes after logging in. Iv attached the dmp file (I think Iv done it correctly)

I also saw that you were telling everyone that they should run the memory 86 thing, so I did that last night and after 12 passes leaving it on overnight, there were 0 errors.

So with that dmp file, what should I proceed to do next?

All I can find out at the moment about my pc (seens as its a generically built one, bought in August 06) is I have:

Windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit (previously I had windows xp professional - I never had Vista)

AMD athlon 64 x2 dual core processor 4600+

Nvidia 6100 graphics card

500gb sata hdd, I bought that from pc world after my other 300gb sata one failed about 9 months ago

2gb memory - not sure about any other info on that

BIOS is AMI

Also found that my motherboard is ALiveNF4G-DVI

I found most of that info using AIDA32 - alot of it says unknown or OEM will fill in

What should be my next steps, baring in mind that I can't use my computer for more than 2 minutes. I'm also not amazing with all the technical language, but I can follow instructions if you walk me though it

Hope you can help me out

Ben

Hi Ben

There are two problems.

1- First sptd.sys (used by daemon tools & alcohol120) HUGE problem

Please remove any CD virtualization programs such as Daemon Tools and Alcohol 120%. They use a driver, found in your dmp, sptd.sys, that is notorious for causing BSODs. Use this SPTD uninstaller when you're done: DuplexSecure - Downloads
[/quote]
You can use MagicDisc as an alternative.

Freeware MagicISO Virtual CD/DVD-ROM(MagicDisc) Overview

2-Your storage driver nvstor.sys. Needs to be updated and re-installed.

How To Find Drivers:

Quote:
- search Google for the name of the driver
- compare the Google results with what's installed on your system to figure out which device/program it belongs to
- visit the web site of the manufacturer of the hardware/program to get the latest drivers (DON'T use Windows Update or the Update driver function of Device Manager).
- if there are difficulties in locating them, post back with questions and someone will try and help you locate the appropriate program.

- - The most common drivers are listed on this page: Driver Reference
- - Driver manufacturer links are on this page: Drivers and Downloads

Code:

Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.11.0001.404 X86
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\K\Desktop\Windows_NT6_BSOD_jcgriff2\111910-19578-01.dmp]

Symbol search path is: SRV*C:\Symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols;srv*e:\symbols
*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7600 MP (2 procs) Free x86 compatible
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS
Built by: 7600.20738.x86fre.win7_ldr.100618-1621
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0x82839000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0x829795f0
Debug session time: Thu Nov 18 18:21:10.833 2010 (GMT-5)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:01:56.646
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvstor.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvstor.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvstor.sys
0: kd> !analyze -v
***********************************... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/125770-bsod-just-after-start-up.html
Relevancy 33.54%

For several months I have been getting the BSOD at start up. Usually I could just restart and everything would be fine. Last night I couldn't get it to go after three tries. Any help would be wonderful. I hope I did everything right.

Some of the errors are CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION
and others are PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

And both types refer to file ntoskrnl.exe

Welcome to SevenForums

If you are overclocking any hardware, STOP. Reset any changed values back to default.

Perform a clean boot:Troubleshoot Application Conflicts by Performing a Clean Startup
Make scans with the following:

-Kaspersky TDSSKillerAnti-rootkit utility TDSSKiller
-ESET online scannerFree Online Virus Scanner | ESET
Perform a System File Check:Click on the start
Type CMD on Search
Left click and Run as Administrator
Type SFC /scannow
Full tutorial here:SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker
Upload a screenshot of your hard disk using CrystalDiskInfo:CrystalDiskInfo - Software - Crystal Dew World
Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums
Run Disk Check on your hard disk for file system errors and bad sectors on it:Disk Check
Hard drive test both short and long with: SeaTools for Windows
Also the DOS version of:SeaTools for DOS
SeaTools for DOS tutorial
For monitoring the heat/celsius of the system, use Speccy or HWMonitor:Speccy - System Information - Free Download
CPUID - System & hardware benchmark, monitoring, reporting
Take memtest. Run for 8 passes and test each stick in a know good slot for an additional 6 passes.

Quote:
The goal is to test all the RAM sticks and all the motherboard slots.

Check your motherboard manual to ensure the RAM sticks are in the recommended motherboard slots. Some motherboards have very specific slots required for the number of RAM sticks installed.

If you get errors, stop the test and continue with the next step.

1. Remove all but one stick of RAM from your computer (this will be RAM stick #1), and run Memtest86 again, for 7 passes.*Be sure to note the RAM stick, use a piece of tape with a number, and note the motherboard slot.
If this stick passes the test then go to step #3.

2. If RAM stick #1 has errors, repeat the test with RAM stick #2 in the same motherboard slot.*If RAM stick #2 passes, this indicates that RAM stick #1 may be bad. If you want to be absolutely sure, re-test RAM stick #1 in another known good slot.
*If RAM stick #2 has errors, this indicates another possible bad RAM stick, a possible motherboard slot failure or inadequate settings.
3. Test the next stick of RAM (stick #2) in the next motherboard slot.*If this RAM stick has errors repeat step #2 using a known good stick if possible, or another stick.
*If this RAM stick has no errors and both sticks failed in slot#1, test RAM stick #1 in this slot.
4. If you find a stick that passes the test, test it in all the other motherboard slots.

If Part 2 testing shows errors, and all tests in Part 3 show errors, you will need to test the RAM sticks in another computer and/or test other RAM in your computer to identify the problem.

In this way, you can identify whether it is a bad stick of RAM, a bad motherboard, or incompatibility between the sticks.

Information
Errors are sometimes found after 8 passes.

Tip
Do this test overnight, before going to bed.

If Memtest86+ does not find any errors with ram run Windows Memory Diagnostics for 7-8 passes following its tutorial:Memory Diagnostics Tool
Let us know the results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/276882-bsod-start-up.html
Relevancy 33.54%

Lately, every time I boot up I get a BSOD and automatic restart after the Windows XP screen. But the second time it boots up it's fine. I turned off automatic restart on error and the BSOD message is: "A wait operation, attach process, or yield was attempted from a DPC routine."

I tried googling it but all the results have to do with Windows 2000 and I'm running XP. Does anyone know whats going on? My specs are:

Windows XP SP 2
CPU: Intel E8400
Mobo: Gigabyte GA-EP35-DS3L
Video Card: Gigabyte 8800GT OC
RAM: 2x1GB OCZ Ballistix 1066
HDDs: 640GB WD, 500GB Hitachi, 300GB Maxtor
PSU: OCZ Gamexstream 600w

Thanks in advance

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/bsod-on-start-up-269189.html
Relevancy 33.54%

Hi,
I get my bsod's on startup. Sometimes I am forced to restart. I have done the memtest about 8 passes no errors. I have tried window 7 memory test all ok there.
I have replaced my graphics card cause a video glitch. To a new evga gt650 and the drivers are updated. . I used the diagnostics tool provided by this forum, very cool. Here is my zipped file.

Thank you Jay...

Welcome to SevenForums

Perform a clean boot, see if that helps.
Troubleshoot Application Conflicts by Performing a Clean Startup
How does the computer boot up in safe mode?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/265585-bsod-start-up.html
Relevancy 33.54%

The BSOD is back again! As long as I keep my computer on, it remains very stable. Every time I shut it down and restart, I will get a blue screen. I usually will have to shut down and restart several times before it stabilizes. Then it is no problem until I turn the computer off and then I have to go through the same sequence. Something must be in conflict during the start up procedure. If someone can take a look at the attached dump files, I would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks for all the previous help you guys have given me!!!

Hi,
Install Service Pack 1: Learn how to install Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1)
and run Driver Verifier: Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable

Dean

Code:
Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.12.0002.633 X86
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\Dean\Desktop\Windows_NT6_BSOD_jcgriff2\040811-23680-01.dmp]

Mini Kernel Dump does not have process information
Symbol search path is: SRV*c:\symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7600 MP (2 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS
Built by: 7600.16695.amd64fre.win7_gdr.101026-1503
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`02c68000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`02ea5e50
Debug session time: Sat Apr 9 13:25:24.354 2011 (UTC + 12:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:00:24.821
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 1, {7772fd6a, 0, ffff0000, fffff880034f9ca0}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KiSystemServiceExit+245 )

---------

0: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

APC_INDEX_MISMATCH (1)
This is a kernel internal error. The most common reason to see this
bugcheck is when a filesystem or a driver has a mismatched number of
calls to disable and re-enable APCs. The key data item is the
Thread->KernelApcDisable field. A negative value indicates that a driver
has disabled APC calls without re-enabling them. A positive value indicates
that the reverse is true. This check is made on exit from a system call.
Arguments:
Arg1: 000000007772fd6a, address of system function (system call)
Arg2: 0000000000000000, Thread->ApcStateIndex << 8 | Previous ApcStateIndex
Arg3: 00000000ffff0000, Thread->KernelApcDisable
Arg4: fffff880034f9ca0, Previous KernelApcDisable

Debugging Details:
------------------
FAULTING_IP:
+616c2faf01acdedc
00000000`7772fd6a ?? ???

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x1

CURRENT_IRQL: 0

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from fffff80002cd7ca9 to fffff80002cd8740

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`034f9a68 fffff800`02cd7ca9 : 00000000`00000001 00000000`7772fd6a 00000000`00000000 00000000`ffff0000 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`034f9a70 fffff800`02cd7be0 : fffffa80`05a04b60 fffffa80`058c1270 00000000`0015f9c8 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiBugCheckDispatch+0x69
fffff880`034f9bb0 00000000`7772fd6a : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiSystemServiceExit+0x245
00000000`0015f9a8 00000000`00000000 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : 0x7772fd6a
STACK_COMMAND: kb

FOLLOWUP_IP:
nt!KiSystemServiceExit+245
fffff800`02cd7be0 4883ec50 sub rsp,50h

SYMBOL_STACK_INDEX: 2

SYMBOL_NAME: nt!KiSystemServiceExit+245

FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: nt

IMAGE_NAME: ntkrnlmp.exe

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 4cc791bd

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x1_SysCallNum_0_nt!KiSystemServiceExit+245

BUCKET_ID: X64_0x1_SysCallNum_0_nt!KiSyst... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/155910-bsod-start-up.html
Relevancy 33.54%

After turning on sons pc and going to yhe prompt page to start normal. or in safe mode etc. the bsod comes on. I can not go to safe mode or anything. Once I click on the prompt I see the windows logo starting to work but only for about 2 seconds before the bsod pops up. What can I do from here.

A:BSOD at start up

Hello and welcome to TSF.

There's most likely either a problem with the hard drive or some corruption going on. Do you have a recovery or installation CD? Does the computer have a repair partition?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-at-start-up-574453.html
Relevancy 33.54%

Hi

Whenever I start up my computer I get a BSOD right after the windows logo comes out. Then it restarts, asks me how to start up windows (I leave it on "Start Windows Normally") then I get to my desktop. Windows tells me this is the problem:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 116
BCP1: 874F6008
BCP2: 90E5DA2C
BCP3: 00000000
BCP4: 00000002
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\093012-20545-01.dmp
C:\Users\Sean Tirona\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-43352-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
Windows 7 Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

As I've read in previous forums, you guys need the contents of Minidump (attached)

I've now also attached the output from the "SF Diagnostic Tools"

A:BSOD on Start Up

All report some failure with video card or its drivers. The drivers themselves are not that old (July 27, 2012), but there may be a bug with em. Try updating (even with beta) or downgrading them. Otherwise we may need Driver Verifier to crash the system a few times to give us more reliable info. You may also wanna re-seat the video card (if not onboard) and reconnect any aux power connectors to it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/255710-bsod-start-up.html
Relevancy 33.54%

This just started to happen recently. My computer would freeze/BSOD after a couple mins of startup. After the second start up, it doesn't freeze/BSOD. Then the next day it will crash again after startup and work the second time. Sometimes it will freeze randomly at a later time when it doesn't crash at the start up or when playing games like skyrim or Saints row 3. I did a memtest because I got BSOD IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL 3 times. I did the standard test and it found no error. When I tried probe setting, the screen turns to a screen with blue,black, cyan and green. Not sure if its suppose to be like that.

the memory.dmp file was too large to attach so I used bluescreenview and saved the results as a txt file called BSOD

A:BSOD after start up.

hi

please update your system specs using this

then upload all the files using this

If the memory.dmp files is huge... then upload them services like skydrive or dropbox etc.... and then post a link here

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/249072-bsod-after-start-up.html
Relevancy 33.54%

Hey guys my Dell XPS 420 was having trouble installing a windows vista service pack since I recently reformatted. No matter if I boot it from safe mode or pop in the windows recovery disk I always get a BSOD so I'm pretty much stuck.

the BSOD reads when I try to boot off the recovery disk: Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed.

If problems continue, disable or remove any newly installed hardware or software. disable BIOS memory option such as caching or shadowing. (I don't know how to do)

It advises me to go into safe mode but the same issue occurs.

Technical information: *** STOP: 0x0000c1f5 (0x0*8), (0x0*8), (0x0*8), (0x0*8)

Any help will be appreciated

A:Get BSOD on start up

Try the Vista re-install again, but make sure you have no USB devices attached other than the mouse when you start the install. You may have a bad memory stick

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/get-bsod-on-start-up.175447/
Relevancy 33.54%

Hi
Whenever I boot my laptop up I get a BSOD when I log into my account. I can only boot-up in safe mode.
I get an error message which is 'IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL' which I have no idea what this is about.
I have done some research about it but it seems every crash is different for each person so can somebody have a look at my crash dump files.
I've uploaded the latest one but I have about another 20 if required.
Thanks

Hello sooty1892 and welcome to the forums

From what I can see, your BSOD appears to have been caused by:

ntoskrnl.exe

Seeing as you can't boot properly, you will have to do the following in Safe Mode:

1. Open the start menu
2. Type cmd and right click on it and select Run as administrator
3. In command prompt, type:

sfc /scannow

Make sure you include the space between the c and the /!

Leave this to run, it should take about 15 minutes or so and if it finds any Integrity Violations then run it again 3/4 times and post back the results.

Tom

EDIT: Do you have a Vista Home Premium installation disc?

http://www.vistax64.com/crashes-debugging/289496-bsod-start-up.html
Relevancy 33.54%

Hi everyone. Last night I shut down my laptop like always from the start menu, and this morning when I start it, chose my user, insert my password and the BSOD comes, then the laptop restart by itself. I can use it only in safety mode, and have no idea what's the problem. So if someone can - please help. Minidump attached. Regards.

A:BSOD after start.

Hello Yanakiev and welcome to Sevenforums!

Please run the dm-log collector as it will also provide necessary information on how to fix your problem!

/Boris

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/391138-bsod-after-start.html
Relevancy 33.54%

I am helping a friend:
-OS= XP pro (uknown SP ???)
upgraded from XP SP2
-2.8Ghz Pentium4
-Western Digital 1600BB 160GB HD
-Samsung 512MB DDR "pc2700 cl2.5"

If I try to start the OS in any way... ie: Normal, Safe Mode, etc.
I get:
"C:\windows\system32\config\system" missing or corrupt

so...

I try to repair this file by starting "windows setup" using the original setup CD-Rom.
but I get a BAD_POOL_CALLER...
before i could get to the PROMPT.

BAD_POOL_CALLER:
*** STOP: 0x000000c2 (0x00000043, 0x00000000, 0x00000000)

Any help is appreciated.

Relevancy 33.54%

PC has been running fine since the last time I had a BSOD. I had to replace my MB and haven't had a problem for a few months. I received this BSOD when I turned my PC on this morning. Any help with this BSOD would be greatly appreciated.

Quote: Originally Posted by stumpedplshelp

PC has been running fine since the last time I had a BSOD. I had to replace my MB and haven't had a problem for a few months. I received this BSOD when I turned my PC on this morning. Any help with this BSOD would be greatly appreciated.

This one is pretty straight forward. Memory corruption.
Download a copy of Memtest86 and burn the ISO to a CD using Iso Recorder or another ISO burning program. Boot from the CD, and leave it running for at least 5 or 6 passes.
It may just be a one off but I doubt it

Let us know if you need help with that

Ken

Code:
Built by: 7600.16539.amd64fre.win7_gdr.100226-1909
Debug session time: Tue Jul 20 13:12:39.318 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:00:26.972
BugCheck A, {58, 2, 0, fffff80002eef413}
Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiResolveTransitionFault+123 )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0xA
PROCESS_NAME: CLIStart.exe

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/98746-bsod-start-up.html
Relevancy 33.54%

Hi everyone.

I'm by no means a tech genius, but I'm a gamer so I do know a little bit.
Recently I've been starting to get BSOD when I turn on my PC, this especially happens when I turn it on in the morning and go for a shower & breakfast.

However the problem doesn't seem to occur when I actively use the PC.
My PC generally won't turn on until I've restarted it several times (My monitor won't display the desktop)

I'm currently running
Intel quad core 920 2.67GHz
Nvidia GTX 670
Windows 7 (Upgraded from Vista, clean install months ago)
500 watt power supply.

I hope someone can help shed some light on my little issue :) thanks!

A:BSOD upon start-up

Hi,

The attached DMP file is of the VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE (116) bug check.
This indicates that an attempt to reset the display driver and recover from a timeout failed. So, let me now explain what VIDEO_TDR_ERROR means. First off, TDR is an acronym for 'Timeout Detection and Recovery'. Timeout Detection and Recovery was introduced in Vista and carried over to Windows 7. Rather than putting exactly what Timeout Detection and Recovery does exactly, I'll just directly quote the MSDN article!
Timeout detection: The GPU scheduler, which is part of the DirectX graphics kernel subsystem (Dxgkrnl.sys), detects that the GPU is taking more than the permitted amount of time to execute a particular task. The GPU scheduler then tries to preempt this particular task. The preempt operation has a "wait" timeout, which is the actual TDR timeout. This step is thus the timeout detection phase of the process. The default timeout period in Windows Vista and later operating systems is 2 seconds. If the GPU cannot complete or preempt the current task within the TDR timeout period, the operating system diagnoses that the GPU is frozen.
To prevent timeout detection from occurring, hardware vendors should ensure that graphics operations (that is, DMA buffer completion) take no more than 2 seconds in end-user scenarios such as productivity and game play. Preparation for recovery: The operating system's GPU scheduler calls the display miniport driver's DxgkDdiResetFromTimeout function to inform the driver that the operating system detected a timeout. The driver must then reinitialize itself and reset the GPU. In addition, the driver must stop accessing memory and should not access hardware. The operating system and the driver collect hardware and other state information that could be useful for post-mortem diagnosis. Desktop recovery: The operating system resets the appropriate state of the graphics stack. The video memory manager, which is also part of Dxgkrnl.sys, purges all allocations from video memory. The display miniport driver resets the GPU hardware state. The graphics stack takes the final actions and restores the desktop to the responsive state. As previously mentioned, some legacy DirectX applications might render just black at the end of this recovery, which requires the end user to restart these applications. Well-written DirectX 9Ex and DirectX 10 and later applications that handle Device Remove technology continue to work correctly. An application must release and then recreate its Direct3D device and all of the device's objects. For more information about how DirectX applications recover, see the Windows SDK. Article here. With this being said, if Timeout Detection and Recovery fails to recover the display driver, it will then shoot the 0x116 bugcheck. There are many different things that can cause a 0x116, which I will explain below:

1. Ensure you have the latest video card drivers. If you are already on the latest video card drivers, uninstall and install a version or a few versions behind the latest to ensure it's not a latest driver only issue. If you have already experimented with the latest video card driver and many previous versions, please give the beta driver for your card a try.

2. Remove and replace AVG with Microsoft Security Essentials for temporary troubleshooting purposes as it may be causing file system conflicts:

AVG removal - http://www.avg.com/us-en/utilities

MSE - Microsoft Security Essentials - Microsoft Windows

The following hardware issues can cause a TDR event:

1. Unstable overclock (CPU, GPU, etc). Revert all and any overclocks to stock settings.

2. Bad sector in memory resulting in corrupt data being communicated between the GPU and the system (video memory otherwise known as vRAM or physical memory otherwise known as RAM).

GPU testing: Furmark, run for ~15 minutes and watch temperatures to ensure there's no overheating and watch for artif... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-upon-start-up-839402.html
Relevancy 33.54%

Hello there!

I have built this PC 1 year ago and this is the first BSOD I've experienced. I've pressed the power button, turned around to the kitchen to get my coffee and when I've returned I've seen only a glimpse of BSOD before it was gone. I've provided you with all the info which forum tool has gathered in the attachment below.

I really want to know the reason for BSOD so i can prevent any further problems(or bad situations) from happening.
Thank you for the help,
NoHeal4u

EDIT: IVe ran the minidump through the nirisoft blue screen view, and if I am not mistaken in reading the info which the software provided, my system crashed because of the ntoskrnl.exe. Not sure what could cause this?

EDIT2: Ive tested my RAM with windows memory diagnostic and my HDD with Seagate tool. No errors...

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/396418-bsod-start-up.html
Relevancy 33.54%

Usually happens 1 or 2 times, then it won't happen for the rest of the day. Though the problems returns the next day. I've updated my video card drivers, as well as diagnosed any issues with my memory and Hard Drive, finding no issues. This seems to be effecting my Desktop Windows Manager as well.

Dump File 072810-20826-01.dmp
Crash Time 7/28/2010 1:23:43 PM
Bug Check String MEMORY_MANAGEMENT
Bug Check Code 0x0000001a
Parameter 1 00000000`00003452
Parameter 2 000007fe`fdc93000
Parameter 3 fffff700`01081170
Parameter 4 99d00001`2aab5024
Caused By Driver ntoskrnl.exe
Caused By Address ntoskrnl.exe+70600
File Description NT Kernel & System
Product Name Microsoft? Windows? Operating System
Company Microsoft Corporation
File Version 6.1.7600.16539 (win7_gdr.100226-1909)
Processor x64
Computer Name
Full Path C:\Windows\Minidump\072810-20826-01.dmp
Processors Count 4
Major Version 15
Minor Version 7600

Is it possible this can be related to an outdated Network adapter driver?

A:BSOD on start up.

It is certainly possible.

Please follow these directions: http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/100430-bsod-start-up.html
Relevancy 33.54%

Recently I have gotten a new graphics card, RAM and did a reformat (due to windows being faulty) on my PC and since then I get constant bluescreens after starting up. My PC will turn on and start everything and then bluescreen. It'll then restart and work fine for the rest of the day.
I would just like to know what is causing it because it's pretty annoying and I don't want to cause more problems for my PC later.

I have been considering doing another format on my PC, but if that doesn't help then I've just lost a lot of my files for no reason and still haven't solved anything.

Problem signature:
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 2057

BCCode: d1
BCP1: FFFFFA80214BBA18
BCP2: 0000000000000002
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: FFFFF88001682F64
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

If there is anything else you need me to add just tell me.

A:BSOD after start up

Hi Acidk.

Code:
fffff880`093dbb88 fffff880`02c92a2eUnable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\avgtdia.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for avgtdia.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for avgtdia.sys
avgtdia+0x6a2e
Description here: Driver Reference Table - avgtdia.sys

Code:
fffff880`093dcf78 fffff880`043aac13Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\avgidsdrivera.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for avgidsdrivera.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for avgidsdrivera.sys
avgidsdrivera+0x12c13
Description here: Driver Reference Table - avgidsdrivera.sys

Uninstall AVG. http://www.avg.com/us-en/utilities

Use Microsoft Security Essentials as your antivirus with windows inbuilt firewall, and free MBAM as the on demand scanner.

Download, install and update those, and then run full system scans with both of them, one by one, as the installed antivirus is failing.

Let us know the results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/328298-bsod-after-start-up.html
Relevancy 33.54%

perfmon /report
I was denied from running it

? OS - WIN 8.1
? x64 ?
? What was original installed OS on system? win7 to Vista to Win8
? Is the OS an OEM version (came pre-installed on system) or full retail version (YOU purchased it from retailer)? - OEM
? Age of system (hardware) 3 years
? Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS? 2 years, No

? System Manufacturer - ASROCK
? Exact model number H67M

Laptop or Desktop? DESKTOP

Memtest86+ has been run for 12 passes.

can you look at this and tell me what you see.
I do suspect it is Win7 corruption somewhere.
Any fav repair tools up your sleeve.

A:BSOD, start again

Whoops, here is the attachment

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-start-again-819402.html
Relevancy 33.54%

Hello,

For about two weeks I've sometimes been having a BSOD within five after startup (always, otherwise I won't get a BSOD until I restart):

"DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (iaStorA.sys)"

I've been posting on Techforums here:
http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-soon-after-start-up-854586.html#post5336850

And thought I might as well post here as well for other opinions while I test the drivers.

Thank you for your time

A:BSOD soon after start-up

Wrench97 is very good with computer problems. Follow his advice.
I see that Avast seems to be causing problems for you when running Driver Verifier.

Uninstall Avast and use Windows Defender/Windows Firewall for testing. See if that stops the BSOD's.

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/49095-bsod-soon-after-start-up.html
Relevancy 33.54%

Good Evening

I have encountered a bsod error (Driver_power_state_failure) whenever I start up my tablet Fujitsu Stylistic Q550.

PC: Fujitsu Q550 tablet
Originally 32 bit Windows 7 Pro
actually 32 bits Windows 8 Pro
CPU: intel atom z690 (1.7Ghz)
Graphics card : dualview with DirectX support
Chipset : Intel SM35 ID4110 (driver 9.2.2.1036)

Thank you for you help.

Pascal

A:BSOD for win 8 on start up

Are you able to get into Windows 8? If so, please provide your crash reports:http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ta-452654.html
If not, do you get a screen with advanced options telling you that Windows failed to start?

Have you tried doing an automatic repair through Windows 8 advanced options?

Have you tried doing a system restore through Windows 8 advanced options to return to a point before problems started?

Do you have a Windows 8 installation disc or flash drive?

-----

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-for-win-8-on-start-up-685127.html
Relevancy 33.54%

just had pc built 4 me, and most of the time when i start up i get bsod and then after a while is tells me 2 reboot 2 earlier stage, i have dun memstic test and that was ok and also sfc /scannow all ok..please can any 1 help

problem signature:
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 2057

BCCode: 1000007f
BCP1: 00000008
BCP2: 807CA750
BCP3: 00000000
BCP4: 00000000
OS Version: 6_1_7600
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\042210-17940-01.dmp
C:\Users\new\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-29858-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
Windows 7 Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

also attaching dumpfile

A:bsod on start up, please help!

Have you done a memtest to check your RAM?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/80433-bsod-start-up-please-help.html
Relevancy 33.54%

Have a BSoD on start up. Have managed to extract the minidump file as requested. Does this shed any light on the issue?

Many thanks

A:BSoD on start up

Welcome
This is the cause. Uninstall unsing the unistall tool from their website, if any
Use Microsoft Security Essentials instead
Trusteer Rapport | Trusteer

http://www.vistax64.com/drivers/293368-bsod-start-up.html
Relevancy 33.54%

Hello,

"DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (iaStorA.sys)"

This has only happened 4 times ever but has happened twice today. From what I remember this only happens within 10 minutes of starting up.

I experienced problems with the BSOD file collection app so I was advised to post the dump files only.

? OS - Vista/ Windows 7 ?
Windows 8
? x86 (32-bit) or x64 ?
64 Bit
? What was original installed OS on system?
Windows 7
? Is the OS an OEM version (came pre-installed on system) or full retail version (YOU purchased it from retailer)?
Retail
? Age of system (hardware)
2 years approximately
? Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS?
10 months approximately

? CPU
Intel Core i7 CPU 870 @ 2.93GHz
? Video Card
Nividia GeForce GTX 660
? Power Supply - brand & wattage
I think it was Corsair 550w..

Acer Aspire M5910, just changed power supply and graphics card

Thanks for the help.

A:BSOD soon after start-up

This is related to the Intel Storage Driver, have you recently updated it or has Windows Update recently updated it?
Do you have a SSD as the primary drive?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-soon-after-start-up-854586.html
Relevancy 33.54%

Given enough time it will eventually start, and once it starts and lasts for longer then 10 minutes it's usually good to go, but every time I shut down and turn it back on later in the day or days later it will start doing the BSoD thing again, often times 5-6 times before starting properly.

Windows 7 64bit on the machine now, originally came with Vista, installed windows 7 when it first came out, had no problems from then till recently. Did a fresh install of 7 about a week ago, thought it might fix the problem, it didn't help. Computer is about 2-3 years old.

A:BSoD right after start up

I looked at all five dump files. All five indicated memory corruption. This looks to be a hardware/hardware related issue. Here are the error codes:

Error code 3B, SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION - usually caused by System service, Device driver, graphics driver, ?memory

Error code 1E, KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED - usually caused by Device driver, hardware, System service, compatibility, Remote control programs, memory, BIOS

Error code A, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL - usually caused by Kernel mode driver, System Service, BIOS, Windows, Virus scanner, Backup tool, compatibility

Code:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`02a57000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`02c94e50
Debug session time: Wed Sep 29 16:12:37.826 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:01:35.902
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff80002aa3f97, fffff880079270e0, 0}

Probably caused by : win32k.sys ( win32k!NtUserGetMessage+a1 )

---------

1: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3b)
An exception happened while executing a system service routine.
Arguments:
Arg1: 00000000c0000005, Exception code that caused the bugcheck
Arg2: fffff80002aa3f97, Address of the exception record for the exception that caused the bugcheck
Arg3: fffff880079270e0, Address of the context record for the exception that caused the bugcheck
Arg4: 0000000000000000, zero.

Debugging Details:
------------------
EXCEPTION_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000005 - The instruction at 0x%08lx referenced memory at 0x%08lx. The memory could not be %s.

FAULTING_IP:
nt!KiDeliverApc+a7
fffff800`02aa3f97 498b4a30 mov rcx,qword ptr [r10+30h]

CONTEXT: fffff880079270e0 -- (.cxr 0xfffff880079270e0)
rax=0000000000000002 rbx=fffffa8008460690 rcx=0000000000000001
rdx=0000000000000000 rsi=fffffa80084606e0 rdi=000000000008e300
rip=fffff80002aa3f97 rsp=fffff88007927ab0 rbp=0000000000000000
r8=fbfffa80084606e0 r9=0000000000000000 r10=fbfffa80084606d0
r11=fffffa8008460690 r12=0000000000000001 r13=000000000008fd00
r14=fffffa800842a2a0 r15=fffff88007927c20
iopl=0 nv up ei ng nz na po cy
cs=0010 ss=0018 ds=002b es=002b fs=0053 gs=002b efl=00010287
nt!KiDeliverApc+0xa7:
fffff800`02aa3f97 498b4a30 mov rcx,qword ptr [r10+30h] ds:002b:fbfffa80`08460700=????????????????
Resetting default scope

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x3B

PROCESS_NAME: Xfire.exe

CURRENT_IRQL: 2

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from fffff80002a7abb5 to fffff80002aa3f97

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`07927ab0 fffff800`02a7abb5 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiDeliverApc+0xa7
fffff880`07927b30 fffff800`02ad3843 : 00000000`0008e300 00000000`72a72450 00000000`00000001 00000000`00000001 : nt!KiCheckForKernelApcDelivery+0x25
fffff880`07927b60 fffff960`0011b751 : 00000000`0008ec70 00000000`0008fd20 00000000`72a9ab7c 00000000`7efdb000 : nt!ExReleaseReso... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/114860-bsod-right-after-start-up.html
Relevancy 33.54%

Windows 7 will freeze in the middle of browsing the web.restart results in BSOD.after several restarts windows will load and run normal.

Download BlueScreenView:
http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html
unzip downloaded file and double click on BlueScreenView.exe to run the program.
when scanning is done, go to EDIT - Select All
Go to FILE - SAVE Selected Items, and save the report as BSOD.txt
Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all of the content, and paste it into your next reply

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/450670/bsod-at-start-up/
Relevancy 33.54%

Good Evening I have win 8 start BSOD on up for encountered a bsod error whenever I start up my pc It started after I upgraded from windows to windows I did a clean install the second time around for windows yet the BSOD for win 8 on start up same problem still appeared either takes a long time to startup or doesn't start up producing the bsod which produces a minidump file I have read around a found that this was something left to the experts so here I am Any help would be greatly appreciated I am not sure what to do and love windows too much but feel I must uninstall it to avoid this problem Thanks again Attached are the required files Please let me know if you need any more info or files PC Fujitsu Q tablet Originally bit windows I purchased windows from Microsoft System is less than a week old OS was reinstalled no less than hours ago CPU intel atom z Ghz Graphics card dualview with DirectX support Sorry I could not provide with the other info requested Hopefully this is good enough but please ask Thank you

A:BSOD for win 8 on start up

It appears that Windows 8 is not liking something regarding your processor. Are you able to start in Safe Mode?

Did Windows 8 work with your system initially?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-for-win-8-on-start-up-675776.html
Relevancy 33.54%

Hi, I am not very computer savvy, but can work my way round a system. every morning we get at least 5 BSOD's before our system actually decides to work. I am not fast enough to catch the error codes as it dumps the files too fast. I complete the system restore and i get BSOD a few more times, and it even just cycles and won't start. i need to make sure i have a hardware issue before returning it to the place i brought it from or they will charge me lots to fix. I also re-installed windows 2 weeks ago, and it worked fine for a week, before returning to this state... PLEASE HELP ME.

P.S. I don't know how to open a .dmp file or upload one to here...

A:BSOD before, during and after start up

Ok, worked out how to get the dump files, etc on here... should read instructions first lol.

Let me know if you need anything else??

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/224144-bsod-before-during-after-start-up.html
Relevancy 33.54%

? OS - Windows 7
? x64
? What was original installed OS on system? Windows 7
? OEM version
? Age of system HDD is about 3-4 years, everything else is 1-2 years
? Age of OS installation - less then a year
have you re-installed the OS? Yes, several times

? CPU -Intel I5-2500
? Video Card -NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti
? MotherBoard -GA-P67A-D3-B3 GIGABYTE (intel p67 chipset)
? Power Supply - CORSAIR CX series CX600 600W ATX12V v2.3 80 PLUS BRONZE
Wattage - 600

? System Manufacturer - Custom Built
Desktop

A quick summary is I'm getting BSOD every morning recently for about a week when I start up my computer after turning it off for the night. It also continues to happen for a bit after I restart my computer after a BSOD in form of another BSOD or just plainly freezing.

A:BSOD at Start Up

My bad I made a .rar instead of a .zip just repacked and made a .zip

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-at-start-up-845634.html
Relevancy 33.54%

when i start my pc (sometimes)bsod of appears say atimpag problem...here is dump files and hope u find a solution thnx

A:bsod when i start my pc

Code:
BugCheck 116, {858a2510, 93b6d7f2, c0000001, 3}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\atikmpag.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atikmpag.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmpag.sys
Probably caused by : atikmpag.sys ( atikmpag+77f2 )
0x116 bugchecks indicate an attempt to reset the display within the allocated time interval failed which resulted in a bugcheck.

Lets take a look at the error I highlight in orange.

Code:
0: kd> !error c0000001
Error code: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000001 (3221225473) - {Operation Failed} The requested operation was unsuccessful.
As it says the previous operation failed but it doesn't say why which isn't helpful.

Code:
0: kd> u 93b6d7f2
atikmpag+0x77f2:
93b6d7f2 8bff mov edi,edi
93b6d7f4 55 push ebp
93b6d7f5 8bec mov ebp,esp
93b6d7f7 56 push esi
93b6d7f8 57 push edi
93b6d7f9 8b7d08 mov edi,dword ptr [ebp+8]
93b6d7fc be010000c0 mov esi,0C0000001h
93b6d801 85ff test edi,edi
I'm seeing a lot of push instructions which is used to add data onto the stack.
The faulting instruction pointer tried to move data onto the zeroed stack which isn't allowed, now it might be zeroed because it's a minidump as it doesn't save all registers.

At this point I'm thinking more of a driver problem rather than a graphics card failure.

Code:
0: kd> lmvm atikmdag
start end module name
9480b000 951f6000 atikmdag (deferred)
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\atikmdag.sys
Image name: atikmdag.sys
Timestamp: Tue Apr 30 03:02:54 2013 (517F264E)
CheckSum: 009A2A46
ImageSize: 009EB000
Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
Lets try an update, I suggest one around December as the latest drivers have caused quite a few issues.

Download Drivers

One last suggestion would be to remove avast using the removal tool then replace it with MSE and Malwarebytes.

Tip

Make sure you don't enable the free trial of malwarebytes pro, deselect the option when prompted.

Looking at your msinfo file I see this installed...

Code:
DAEMON Tools Pro Agent "c:\program files\daemon tools pro\dtagent.exe" -autorun geo-PC\geo HKU\S-1-5-21-2682449194-873571423-3709750171-1000\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
Daemon Tools/Alcohol is known cause of BSODs.

Registry and SPTD problems | DAEMON Pro Help
How to remove sptd.sys from system

1. Uninstall Daemon Tools.
2. Download the SPTD standalone installer and follow these steps:
3. Double click the executable to open it
4. Click the button shown below

If the button it is grayed out, as shown in the image, there is no more SPTD installation on your system, and you can just close the window.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/333347-bsod-when-i-start-my-pc.html
Relevancy 33.54%

Hello I was playing a flash game which was beginning to lag heavily Then the computer crashed Since each BSOD start after then I get a BSOD after each start BOSD every time i try to do something after startup like for example starting the resource monitor This gets me a crash everytime I can start firefox but after one minute or so it will crash I have had something like BSODs now after so many reboots I managed to create the dump files in safe mode and now i can even post here but safe mode is not free of BSODs either What I did - ran the memory diagnostic tool from booting the windows seven DVD I didn't see the results though - tried to do a system restore in safe mode but I had a BSOD in the middle of it The it said at the next reboot the system restore failed Now at each reboot the computer says the system restore was effective I seriously doubt it - ran the sf diag tool - unable to get a perfmon report is this because of safe mode Specs Windows pro bit Downloaded from MSDNAA would thqt be OEM or retail This OS install is months old The computer I bought used from a friend must be years old is in very good condition Hard drive was changed with the new OS it's months old Any hints on what is causing this I have not installed any new hardware or drivers recently Memerror Virus Thank you very much ps ran for minutes in safe mode now that's a record tonight edit perfmon error message An error occured while attempting to generate the report The system cannot find the path specified Edit i also get a BSOD a shutdown i now realize

A:BSOD after each start

Hello,

Install SP1: Learn how to install Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1)

Enable driver verifier: Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable

Start on some hardware diagnostics as well:

Run all three Prime95 tests: http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials...t-prime95.html

...Summary of the dumps:

Code:

Built by: 7600.16695.x86fre.win7_gdr.101026-1503
Debug session time: Tue May 3 16:53:01.484 2011 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:00:59.250
BUGCHECK_STR: 0xA0
PROCESS_NAME: wininit.exe
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0xA0_nt!PopAllocateIrp+a0
BiosReleaseDate = 11/11/2005
SystemProductName =
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Debug session time: Tue May 3 16:51:06.941 2011 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:04:06.707
*** ERROR: Symbol file could not be found. Defaulted to export symbols for ataport.SYS -
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for MpFilter.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for MpFilter.sys
Probably caused by : ataport.SYS ( ataport!AtaPortGetScatterGatherList+b7d )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x8E
PROCESS_NAME: WmiPrvSE.exe
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x8E_ataport!AtaPortGetScatterGatherList+b7d
SystemProductName =
Debug session time: Tue May 3 16:46:15.761 2011 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:03:43.511
*** ERROR: Symbol file could not be found. Defaulted to export symbols for ataport.SYS -
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for MpFilter.sys
PROCESS_NAME: WmiPrvSE.exe
SystemProductName =
Debug session time: Tue May 3 16:41:43.952 2011 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:03:02.702
PROCESS_NAME: perfmon.exe
SystemProductName =
Debug session time: Tue May 3 16:35:57.781 2011 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:04:47.281
SystemProductName =
Debug session time: Tue May 3 16:07:47.359 2011 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:08:09.875
SystemProductName =

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/160969-bsod-after-each-start.html
Relevancy 33.54%

I have had this blue screen pop up twice over the last few months. However now, my laptop will only boot up in safe mode. Please help!

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/383496-bsod-start-up-please-help.html
Relevancy 33.54%

I have a strange problem with my new desktop I have installed windows ultimate x I downloaded and installed common small utilities like gom player winamp avg etc After - days of normal use the problem showed up At every fisrt PC start of the day i have a different BSOD I press the power button to restart the pc i choose quot start windows normally quot as i have disabled system restore and everything goes back to normal Windows start without a problem The problem doesn't appear if i make a restart or shut down start my pc during the same day It appears again at first start of the next day I uninstalled AVG installed avira uninstalled avira again but the problem is the same I also downloaded and installed all the latest drivers through Driver Genius Utility I have attached the dump files etc as i have read in the forum's instructions Anyone has any idea what to do

A:BSOD Every Day only at First PC Start!!!

Does anybody has any idea that could help me with my problem please?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/135238-bsod-every-day-only-first-pc-start.html
Relevancy 33.54%

Hello everybody - Nice to be here but sorry to have to be here I have a fairly new year old desk top Acer Aspire The only info I can get right now is off the sticker I can't up.... even start pc and BSOD to get on the side Acer Aspire - AM -UC P Windows Home BSOD and I can't even get pc to start up.... Premium bit AMD Quad Core A - APU w Radeon HD D graphics GB BSOD and I can't even get pc to start up.... DDR mem TB HD DVD-Super Multi Drive wireless LAN Multi-in- media card reader I'll look for the papers on it while I send this out I wasn't using it too much since I am disabled and require a lot of stupid bed rest unable to sit up too long at a desktop but my family and their un-knowledgeable pc friends have had complete access to it I think they were shutting it down BSOD and I can't even get pc to start up.... either before it could update and or during the updates UGH I've always had Internet Access - Comcast cable and they gave me full Nortons Security Suite coverage for virus malware etc Okay long story shorter - now I can't even get it to turn on without the BSOD popping up stating System Service Exception - If this is the first time yada-yada Technical info STOP x B x c xFFFF xFFFF B D C x win k sys - address FFFFF base at FFFFF c DateStamp df dbd Collecting Data for crash dump Initializing disk for Crash Dump Beginning Dump of Physical Memory Dumping Physical Memory to disk counts up to Physical Memory dump complete Then at first couple days of trying things it would jump to Windows Error Recovery Screen with normal choices and the count down to choose or enter Windows normally but then the BSOD ending added - Contact your System Administrator or Tech Support Group for assistance Then after another day of the starting stopping cold and or cntrl alt del or ESC etc etc the BSOD froze after the count down and the ONLY option I NOW have is to COLD stop it by holding the power button down I also noticed that if after the cold shutdown or is it called hot I unplugged it to make sure it was getting a clean fresh start and when I plugged it back in it started up by itself as if I pushed the power button Is that normal PLEASE someone get back to me ASAP This is driving me crazy since I used to be able to unravel friends pc's that were swamped with virus and malware like crazy etc usually times I could solve their problems no matter what the issue I could either find the answer or just be fast enough to get ahead of it I'm sure I need to answer a bunch of other questions you might have first I'll do my best to answer them without access to this pc like I said I have tested the memory with passes no problems done the dskchk and same no problems and other little things I can't recall at the moment but will with your Q's Thanks in advance just for letting me in and reading this mrmojosr

A:BSOD and I can't even get pc to start up....

Hi,
Any chance you have the installation disk and can just make a fresh start? I'm reasonably sure that with a lot of time and effort it may be possible to recover from what happened [which I don't even want to guess at]. The security software is free from your ISP [Comcast] so that won't be a problem to replace once you have reloaded the operating system.
Keep us posted

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/530156/bsod-and-i-cant-even-get-pc-to-start-up/
Relevancy 33.54%

Hi I have been experiencing this problem for sometime now Once every to start ups I get a blue screen of death Once I restart the computer it goes back to normal this is exactly what happens http www youtube com watch v R z-S BbfE BOSD error quot STOP c a Fatal System Error The windows Logon process system process terminated unexpectedly with a status of xc x x The system has been shut down quot The error message that appears on the desktop just before the BSOD is from Dr watson debugger It says quot winlogon exe has generated errors and will be closed by windows You will BSOD Start up need to restart the program quot I am sure that I don't have any viruses or spy Start up BSOD ware of any kind I already tried most of the stuff mentioned here http support microsoft com kb I Start up BSOD have the dr watson log file but it's HUGE I am gonna post a small related part ERROR Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for C WINDOWS system winlogon exe function winlogon b d pop ebp b b adc al x b b b sbb eax ebx b b c ret b c b d mov ebx ebp x b f add ebx eax b add eax ebx x b c cfd d imul eax eax x d d cf b a c c ror eax x b d c acdd imul eax eax xddac FAULT - gt b d c ror eax b c afc ca imul eax eax xa cc af b b c c ror eax x b e c df imul eax eax x df b a c c ror eax x b a b d mov ebx ebp x b aa mov ebx x eax b ad b b mov ecx ebx b af c add eax ecx b b mov ebx eax b b ff c inc dword ptr ebp xc ---- gt Stack Back Trace lt ---- WARNING Stack unwind information not available Following frames may be wrong ERROR Symbol file could not be found Defaulted to export symbols for C WINDOWS system kernel dll - ChildEBP RetAddr Args to Child cfe ced cfeb b b de winlogon x b cfed ccce b winlogon xced cff c feb be b b winlogon xccce cffb c b e b a f d winlogon x feb cffec e b a kernel GetModuleFileNameA x b ---- gt Raw Stack Dump lt ---- cfe f b - fe c fe c cfe de b de b - fe c b fe c d cfe d fe c d ce - b fe c b cfe de b bc fe c - a b e cfe f b - de b b h cfe - ff ff ff ff cfe ff ff ff ff ff ff ff ff - f eb aa v cfe c b c f cb ef - de b be C cfea f be - f a o UO E cfeb c ba - cf D g x A cfec f f a a a - OCO d cfed f b b - c ff c ce cc KT cfee - b h cfef - b b cff ff c - c b ff c cff eb f be - b b b cff a - b c b cff c - c ff c a b e cff c b ff c - c ff c cff ff c - t U There is also a user dmp file but I don't know how to open it I will gladly upload it if helps solve the problem OS XP Home SP Thanks in advance

A:Start up BSOD

Hi kunit1 and welcome to TSF

Download and run Memtest86.
Please post back the results.

You can get memtest86 here:
http://www.memtest86.com/

Best regards,
Mack1

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/start-up-bsod-273414.html
Relevancy 33.54%

So we bought this neat computer a quot HD Start-up BSOD(s) monitor and a copy of Windows Home Premium last week and finally got Start-up BSOD(s) them this Tuesday We put everything in their proper places and installed Windows Everything ran fine and smooth until the next morning When I woke up and started the computer in the start-up sequence of Windows it gave me a BSOD regarding a system file there have been BSOD's about quot wmilib sys quot and quot ntdll dll quot along with others I haven't been able to read fast enough or something similar Since the start-up repairs or whatever you call them didn't work I had to reinstall Windows So basically starting from Wednesday we've had to reinstall Windows every morning and at least once during the day While it sounds kind of silly to me at least the thing that's happening is probably that some system files are getting deleted or corrupted during the night It can't be caused by shutting it down either because I've tried that and even taking the cords out of Start-up BSOD(s) the plugs but it doesn't do anything special Only an elongated period of being shut down like the Start-up BSOD(s) aforementioned night seems to cause the system to go mad Does anyone have any idea what could possibly cause this And if you need additional info on something ask away

A:Start-up BSOD(s)

Did you purchase Windows 7 full retail copy?

Wipe HDD with KillDisk, reinstall Windows 7.

http://jcgriff2.com/killdisk_imgburn.html

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/start-up-bsod-s-486290.html
Relevancy 33.54%

Hey,

My Packard Bell Easynote Laptop packed in today all of a sudden (hadn't done anything to cause this). Each time I tried to restart it it would take about 5 minutes before it would BSOD. I tried a system restore however each point I tried to restore it would wait until the end of the restore and would tell me it had failed. I then tried to restore factory settings however, once again I get BSOD before I get onto the desktop. I'm not sure if there's an easuy solution to this, I just feel I've exhausted my very limited knowledge and as I can't run Safe Mode, or access windows normally I just need some help! .. anybody?

A:BSOD upon Start-Up

You can attempt a Startup Repair - Windows 7 Forums if you haven't already

Run a memory test and report the results
1. Memtest86 - Run for 7-8 passes - RAM - RAM - Test with Memtest86+ - Windows 7 Forums

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-upon-start-up-568337.html
Relevancy 33.54%

Hello Peeps I was wondering if I could get some help with an issue I had I built my computer about and half month ago and has been running fine even since with no BSOD's Today I started up my PC and before getting to the log on screen a blue screen came up with loads of codes and it restarted before I could see what was written I want to know why this happened After starting up the PC there was a message on the desktop saying 'this computer has recovered from an unexpected error' and it gave me some codes with the path to a dump file Here is the information it gave me 'Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode e BCP FFFFFFFFC BCP FFFFFFFFFF BCP BCP FFC OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users Wah AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml' My System Windows Bit AMD FX- stock CPU Gigabyte GA- A-UD P Motherboard x GB HyperX Fury RAM Sapphire AMD R Up on BSOD Start Dual-X GPU Antec W High Current Gamer Modular PSU I'm not very technically minded with this stuff I would appreciate it if someone could help BSOD on Start Up me with why I got this BSOD Thanks

Relevancy 33.54%

Hello When I boot my pc for the first I always get an BSOD at start BSOD up or my pc is just stuck and won't do anything When I hit the reset button it starts up like it supposed to do And everything is just fine even when I restart it But if it is off for a day I get the BSOD When windows was running I also had this problem That's why I moved to W with a clean install and the problem is still here I already tried memtest came up without errors there was only a strange thing why I enabled the option for all the core running f the program stopped working within min but at core it kept running Did the chkdsk cmd command came up clean Update my drivers Uninstalled all NVIDIA display drivers and installed them again Clean Reinstall of W I hope you guys can help me out because it BSOD at start up is really annoying The BSOD info DESKTOP- M HQM txt And pc info from CPU-Z DESKTOP- M HQM- zip

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/44053-bsod-start-up.html
Relevancy 33.54%

Ok so up on BSOD every almost start my troubles began a few days ago when I was surfing the internet I went to a site and I got a memory error message I don't remember specifically what it was because it was only on the screen for a split second before my computer rebooted itself Upon rebooting it got past the BSOD on almost every start up Windows logo screen and all that showed up was a black screen and my mouse BSOD on almost every start up pointer I tried rebooting again and this time it gave the BSOD immediately after the windows logo screen which it did everytime even in safe mode I did a system restore to an earlier state and after rebooting twice I actually made it to my desktop This is where things got weird The computer worked fine except for internet explorer It worked normally after running the first time but trying to run it a second time caused it to freeze before loading the home page Closing it and running it a third time resulted in the entire computer freezing I was able to duplicate this multiple times Then the BSOD's began happening again and I had to repeat the system restore to get back to my desktop I then tried reseting IE's settings in the internet options and it actually seemed to run normally again However the computer would still randomly freeze and return to BSOD's after doing so Now it's gotten to the point where the system restore point I was using isn't even able to be restored and the more recent ones almost never work in getting me to the desktop I honestly don't even know where to begin with this one any ideas My system specs Dell Studio XPS everything is stock Intel Core i Ghz Gb RAM unsure of specifics Windows Home bit Attached the requested zip much thanks in advance

A:BSOD on almost every start up

Update:

I'm beginning to think this is malware related. I was able to finally boot the computer in safe mode, and found that internet explorer was acting strangely. It was sometimes reloading Google when I clicked a search link, and clicking new links after that would cause IE to redirect to other websites. Also, Microsoft Security Essentials is open but the service will not turn on and it will not let me update definitions.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-on-almost-every-start-up-533427.html
Relevancy 33.54%

Hi Everybody,
Hate to admit I am clueless, yet here I am. Bought a new Windows 8 desktop for the sole purpose of gaming.

I have run into a recent problem whereby for the past couple of days upon turning on the computer I get the dreaded BSOD when it is loading Windows.

I was getting BSOD in the past while the computer was already up and running but uninstalled things such as Avast! Free (now using Windows Defender + Malwarebytes Pro) and EVGA Precision X and all seemed well until this recent BSOD upon boot up.

The programs I have installed on the computer are:
Microsoft Mouse & Keyboard CenterLogitech Gaming Software v 8.50GeForce ExperienceSteam + 10 computer games

I have followed instructions on how to create a zipped dump file. My sincere apologies if I haven't done so correctly and my sincere thanks should anyone be willing to help me.

Regards,

Mark

MSI Afterburner (along with Riva Tuner and EVGA Precision) are known to cause BSOD's in some Windows systems (it's driver is usually RTCore64.sys). Please un-install it immediately!

If you're overclocking, please stop the overclock while we're troubleshooting. Feel free to resume the overclock once the system has been stabilized.

The memory dumps blame iaStor.sys - your Intel Rapid Storage Technology driver. Please download and install the latest, Win8 compatible version available from the manufacturer of your system/motherboard. If not available there, try http://downloadcenter.intel.com

If all of this doesn't stop the BSOD's, please run these free hardware diagnostics (particularly the hard drive diagnostic): Hardware Diagnostics. Let us know the results and we can move on from there.

Please update these older drivers. Links are included to assist in looking up the source of the drivers. If unable to find an update, please remove (un-install) the program responsible for that driver. DO NOT manually delete/rename the driver as it may make the system unbootable! :

LGBusEnum.sys Mon Nov 23 20:36:48 2009 (4B0B38B0)
Logitech Keyboard
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=LGBusEnum.sys

LGVirHid.sys Mon Nov 23 20:36:48 2009 (4B0B38B0)
Logitech Gamepanel Virtual HID Device Driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=LGVirHid.sys

Analysis:
The following is for informational purposes only.

Code:
**************************Thu Sep 12 19:36:10.067 2013 (UTC - 4:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\John\SysnativeBSODApps\091213-7703-01.dmp]
Windows 8 Kernel Version 9200 MP (8 procs) Free x64
Built by: 9200.16628.amd64fre.win8_gdr.130531-1504
System Uptime:0 days 0:00:07.750
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for iaStor.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for iaStor.sys
Probably caused by :iaStor.sys ( iaStor+3e6fe )
BugCheck 1000007E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff8800129c6fe, fffff880039e15a8, fffff880039e0de0}
BugCheck Info: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M (1000007e)
Arguments:
Arg1: ffffffffc0000005, The exception code that was not handled
Arg2: fffff8800129c6fe, The address that the exception occurred at
Arg3: fffff880039e15a8, Exception Record Address
Arg4: fffff880039e0de0, Context Record Address
BUGCHECK_STR: AV
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: AV_iaStor+3e6fe
CPUID: "Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz"
BIOS Version 1004
BIOS Release Date 06/08/2013
Manufacturer Seneca
Product Name pro362542
**************************Mon Sep 9 16:44:08.354 2013 (UTC - 4:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\John\SysnativeBSODApps\090913-10984-01.dmp]
Windows 8 Kernel Version 9200 MP (8 procs) Free x64
Built by: 9200.16628.amd64fre.win8_gdr.130531-1504
System Uptime:0 days 0:01:31.037
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for iaStor.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for iaStor.sys
Probably caused by :iaStor.sys ( iaStor+3e6fe )
BugCheck 1000007E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff880015026fe, fffff880039245a8, fffff88003923de0}
BugCheck Info: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M (1000007e)
Arguments:
Arg1: ffffffffc0000005, The exception code that was not handled
Arg2: fffff880015026fe, The address that the exception occurred at
Arg3: fffff880039245a8, Exception Record Address
Arg4: fffff88003923de0, Context Record Address
BUGCHECK_STR: AV
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: AV_iaStor+3e6fe
CPUID: "Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770 CPU @ 3.40GHz"
BIOS Version 1004
BIOS Release Date 06/08/2013... Read more

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/31215-bsod-start-up.html
Relevancy 33.54%

Hey,

couple of days ago I was playing a game when the computer blue screened, I didn't think that much of it as it restarted fine. The next day however the computer booted to the desktop but after about 10 seconds blue screened. This happens every time now. The blue screen says page fault in non paged area 0x00000050 and haven't had any success solving it. A few days before the problem started occurring I had installed some VDECK HD audio drivers

Steps already taken:
ran dskchk on C drive
removed each of the two sticks of memory to see if it was hardware
removed and replaced graphics card to check the contacts
Removed the video and audio drivers

Here is a link to the most recent dmp file: https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=4A3D3421B44EEE40!394&authkey=!AGfrDRx1FWAKe_0

Any help would be much appreciated thank!

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NON_PAGED_AREA is in the minidump. Do you see any yellow exclamation points in the device manager?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bsod-on-start-up.185164/
Relevancy 33.54%

This problem has been going on for awhile i can only go into safe mode anything else leads to bsod tryed everything. i want to factory reset but i cant seem to find where thats at i cant restore to a previous version because it just says error. I dont know much about this computer(was given to me ) so if you can help please do.heres what the bsod says.

0x0000003B nv1ddmkm-address fffff8800-3500CB base at fffff8800 301f000 datestamp- 537a8efc

A:Bsod just trying to start up

Hiya and welcome to SevenForums!
Please follow the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/377885-bsod-just-trying-start-up.html
Relevancy 33.54%

hello guyz i buy new gaming pc months ago but not branded I custom maded after using months its giving me some BSOD errors like these A Clock Interrupt Was Not Received On A Secondry Processor With In The Allocated Time Interval IRQL Not Less Or Equal Uncorrectable Hardware Error BLUE SCREEN ok now i will tell u my story thats what happens when i connected my all hardware of my new rig i quickly goto BIOS and overclocks the cpu to ghz with voltage of V which is safe range thats i know installed windows BIT and windows vista BIT ultimate versions both working fine from months but i used windows vista much more then i keep for emergency use its works fine with ghz from months then i goto bios and overclocks more set to ghz with voltage of and all cpu features enabled CPU Pll Overvoltage Enabled turbo ghz and multiplier to then save and restart after rebooting windows run fine when windows loading some programs at startup its gives me BSOD of A Clock Interrupt Was Not Received On A Secondry Processor With In The Allocated Time Interval i quickly changed the settings to default and restart after rebooting windows loaded successfully I used my pc - hours after that get cpu one BSOD or random BSOD which i describe on top i checked everything all parts cables vga heatsink thermal grease rams power bios updated to latest and flashed serval times installed new windows all latest driver temps checked HDD after checking thats all i still cant find solution same BSOD S then i think its may be power supply problem i goto BIOS and downclocked when 101 pc! BSOD start using my the cpu tO GHZ turbo also ghz and everythings defaults save and reboot after rebooting windows loaded fine and voila everything work fine i used my pc daily with BSOD 101 when start using my pc! ghz its works fine and when i increased the cpu to ghz its getting crashed with BSOD i figured out one new thing that when i increase vcore to v Its works on ghz but BSOD 101 when start using my pc! before its was working on ghz default with every setting on default and yes heres my pc specification PC SPECIFICATION CPU INTEL CORE I K GHZ MB CACHE RAM KINGSTON GB DDR MHZ MB GIGABYTE Z BSOD 101 when start using my pc! A-D -B VGA GIGABYTE GTX MB GDDR SOC PSU GIGABYTE SUPERB WATTS COOLING EXTRA STOCK FANS RPM CD DVD LG SUPER MULTI DRIVES HDD WD BLUE GB RPM WD GREEN TB DISPLAY SAMSUNG SYNCMASTER P HD OS MICROSOFT WINDOWS VISTA ULTIMATE SP BIT CONTROLLER XBOX CONTROLLER FOR WINDOWS PLZ GUYZ HELP ME FOR GOD SAKE I SPEND TO MUCH MONEY ON MY PC Sorry For My Poor English Thank U

A:BSOD 101 when start using my pc!

Quote: Originally Posted by dangerous35

hello guyz.i buy new gaming pc 2 months ago but not branded I custom maded.after using 2 months its giving me some BSOD errors like these 1.(A Clock Interrupt Was Not Received On A Secondry Processor With In The Allocated Time Interval) 2.(IRQL Not Less Or Equal) 3.(Uncorrectable Hardware Error BLUE SCREEN).ok now i will tell u my story thats what happens.when i connected my all hardware of my new rig i quickly goto BIOS and overclocks the cpu to 4.2 ghz with voltage of 1.36V which is safe range thats i know.installed windows 7 64BIT and windows vista 64BIT ultimate versions.both working fine from 2 months but i used windows vista much more then 7.i keep 7 for emergency use.its works fine with 4.2 ghz from 2 months.then i goto bios and overclocks more set to 4.7 ghz with voltage of 1.46 and all cpu features enabled (CPU Pll Overvoltage Enabled) turbo 4.7 ghz and multiplier to 47 then save and restart after rebooting windows run fine when windows loading some programs at startup its gives me BSOD of (A Clock Interrupt Was Not Received On A Secondry Processor With In The Allocated Time Interval) i quickly changed the settings to default and restart after rebooting windows loaded successfully.I used my pc 4-5 hours after that get cpu one BSOD or random BSOD which i describe on top.i checked everything all parts,cables,vga,heatsink,thermal grease,rams,power,bios updated to latest and flashed serval times,installed new windows,all latest driver,temps,checked HDD after checking thats all i still cant find solution same BSOD,S.then i think its may be power supply problem i goto BIOS and downclocked the cpu tO 3.2 GHZ turbo also 3.2 ghz and everythings defaults save and reboot after rebooting windows loaded fine and voila everything work fine i used my pc daily with 3.2 ghz its works fine and when i increased the cpu to 3.3 ghz its getting crashed with BSOD.i figured out one new thing that when i increase vcore to 1.35 v Its works on 3.4.ghz but before its was working on 3.4 ghz default with every setting on default.and yes heres my pc specification!
PC SPECIFICATION
CPU = INTEL CORE I7 2600K 3.4GHZ 8MB CACHE
RAM = KINGSTON 8GB DDR3 1333 MHZ
MB = GIGABYTE Z68A-D3-B3
VGA = GIGABYTE GTX 470 1280 MB GDDR5 SOC
PSU = GIGABYTE SUPERB 550 WATTS
COOLING = 3 EXTRA STOCK FANS 3200 RPM
CD/DVD = 2 LG SUPER MULTI DRIVES
HDD = WD BLUE 320 GB 7200 RPM,WD GREEN 1TB
DISPLAY = SAMSUNG SYNCMASTER P2370HD
OS = MICROSOFT WINDOWS VISTA ULTIMATE SP2 64BIT
CONTROLLER = XBOX360 CONTROLLER FOR WINDOWS
PLZ GUYZ HELP ME FOR GOD SAKE I SPEND TO MUCH MONEY ON MY PC.Sorry For My Poor English Thank U!!!

Your English is fine.

First reset everything to default. DO NOT OVERCLOCK, UNDERCLOCK, UNDERVOLT, ETC.

Then run a System file check to verify that win 7 is ok.
Run a system file check to verify and repair your system files.
To do this type cmd in search, then right click to run as administrator, then
SFC /SCANNOW

Read here for more information SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

Let us know the results from the report at the end.
If after the above your system still crashes please upload the NEW (only) DMP files

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/192506-bsod-101-when-start-using-my-pc.html
Relevancy 33.54%

I have BSOD at start up it happens as soon as the computer starts, it is the first thing that happens and the only thing. It worked fine 1 day wouldn't start the next. HP Pavillion DM4 laptop. Any ideas?

Hi,

Can you access the Advanced boot options?

Advanced Boot Options
Choose Last known Good Configuration

Tip
Use the up-arrow and down-arrow keys to move the menu?s highlight to Last Known Good Configuration (Advanced), and then press Enter as the mouse won?t work at this screen.

Your computer should load successfully, and Windows 7 will discard the bad configuration and return permanently to the last known good configuration.

If it boots normally, you?ll want to get a System Repair Disc and try going back to the last System Restore Point.

Hope this helps

cheers

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/298101-bsod-start-up.html
Relevancy 33.54%

hey,
i have installed Windows 7 on my Acer Aspire One.

It ran during 1 week really fine, but now, after bios logo, windows marquee progress bar, i see really quickly a BSOD and my netbook restart automatically.
I have tried all the F8 options (safe mode, repair, etc)....no way
I have tried reinstall Seven, at end of install, freeze, and after reboot, same thing
I have tried with the install on the USB key (no cd drive on the AA1), to restore, repair and launch command prompt (chkdsk /f, bootrec /fixmbr, bootrec /fixboot) after reboot, same thing
I must say that i don't have an hard drive, i replaced the original slow SSD by a 16Gb Kingston Compact Flash

i'm currently download an Ubuntu Live CD to see what happens, but it is just temporary and help for diagnostic
If anyone can help me
Sorry for my poor english, i'm a damned frogg

A:BSOD-->can't start it :/

Quote:
I have tried all the F8 options (safe mode, repair, etc)....no way

Did you try downloading different builds or did you try the same one? If not, try downloading another one and check it

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/18848-bsod-cant-start.html
Relevancy 33.54%

Hello all, my PC just BSOD on start up, this is followed by many days of BSOD after waking up from sleep mode.

I tried a few things found on this forum but no use, so i figured the best thing would be to post my dumpfiles and see if yall can give any insight.

Some info that might help is that I just put this motherboard in a week or so ago, it worked fine for the first few days, then it would wake itself up out of sleep mode. So i did a few things such as go through device manager and click off mouse and keyboard and network card as able to wake up the PC, which worked!

then...it started this....Im kinda at a loss lol and help would be great.

A:BSOD on start up.

0x133 hardware make-a problem.

Make-a turn off Verifier and also make-a sure all component run no overclockified.

Very important - make update to motherboard bios to new, USB 3.0 driver to new and if there is firmware for USB 3.0 new, make-a that too.

Update all driver you plug into USB a-too.

Then, make-a these go away by uninstall software that own him:

Alpham264 Alpham264.sys Tue Mar 20 05:51:03 2007
Alpham164 Alpham164.sys Mon Jul 23 03:57:03 2007
ElRawDsk ElRawDsk.sys Tue Oct 26 05:34:13 2010

He very bad, make bye-bye: hamachi hamachi.sys Thu Feb 19 05:36:41 2009

If need new help, please post unverify-enable dumpers and tanka you for be here.

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/25074-bsod-start-up.html
Relevancy 33.54%

I sometimes get a bsod when i reach desktop in xp i look in the event viewer and cant find any errors that suggest why it bsod please help ?

A:Bsod at start help ?

Did the BSOD provide a stop error messages or identify a driver (.sys file) as shown in this example?Crashes (BSOD), unexpected shutdowns, sudden freezing, random restarting, and booting problems could be symptomatic of a variety of things to include hardware/software issues, overheating caused by a failed processor fan, bad memory (RAM), failing or underpowered power supply, CPU overheating, motherboard, video card, faulty or unsigned device drivers, CMOS battery going bad, BIOS and firmware problems, dirty hardware components, programs hanging or unresponsive in the background, and sometimes malware. Even legitimate programs like CD Emulators (Daemon Tools, Alchohol 120%, Astroburn, AnyDVD) can trigger crashes, various stop error messages and system hangs so you may or may not be dealing with multiple issues. If the computer is overheating, it usually begins to shutdown/restart on a more regular basis. Troubleshooting for these kinds of issues can be arduous and time consuming. There are no shortcuts.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/380859/bsod-at-start-help/
Relevancy 33.54%

I have a gateway Zx pentium Dual core T Ghz with GB ram Running Windows bit original factory installed OS I don't know the servise pack the video card is Mobile Intel R series express chipset start up on BSOD family Also don't know the maker of mother board The machine is BSOD on start up about months old and still under warrenty We however have since moved from BSOD on start up the US to The Mid east and there are no gateway service centers here I get the BSOD on start up After the standard message that windows is starting I get a blue screen saying that the disc needs to be scaned if don't touch a key which should thereby allow it to scan it never moves from that message Once in windows this is the problem sig Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode a BCP BCP BCP BCP OS Version Service Pack Product I have also not been able to back up my info since this problem started about days ago in details it would say the c drive is corrupt Can using an Ipod and deleting and reinstalling Itunes cause this kind of damage I have attached of the Windows Vista jcgriff file here and will attach the other in a reply Thanks

I can't thank you enough for this forum and the nice sticky instuctions for posting about BSOD. Here is the rest of the Windows7_Vista_jcgriff2b file

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-on-start-up-505451.html
Relevancy 33.54%

Hi I have a fairly new desktop PC and have a problem with a BSOD error at cold start up only It can vary as to up start on BSOD only what the error is from System Memory to Memory management and others that I can't recall right now I have attached the minidump file I thought it might be the Kasperspy Internet Security as it only started doing this after I started installing programs and drivers I have done a clean install and returned machine where machine was bought and they tested all components like ram etc So I don't believe that it is a hardware issue as it does not do it BSOD on start up only when machine has a fresh install without any other programs on it I got the guys to look at the minidump file from Kaspersky and they state that the CDD DLL file is causing the problem I did a sfc scannow and that came through without any errors To overcome the problem I just do a hard reset and the machine runs perfect from there no restarts or errors during use The BSOD appears just before the log in screen can see the windows background etc where you type BSOD on start up only in your password Hope someone can help as this is just annoying to start machine twice on cold start If I reboot restart machine the problem won't reappear until it is cold if you know what I mean Thanks

A:BSOD on start up only

Hi.

"A PTE or the working set list is corrupted."

First off, I'd completely uninstall Kaspersky as a test. This has a great chance of fixing it alone.

If it doesn't, run Memtest overnight to test your RAM modules.

Also, make sure the motherboard bios is set correct for the Vdimm (RAM voltage) and timings. Visit the RAM maker's site for info on your specific modules. Use CPU-Z spd tab if you aren't exactly sure which modules they are.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/40398-bsod-start-up-only.html
Relevancy 33.54%

Basic Info:

Windows 7
x64
- Original OS
- an OEM

- What is the age of system (hardware)? - Less than 1 year

- What is the age of OS installation (have you re-installed the OS?) - Less than 1 year

Windows will crash once every other day and show the BSOD. Dell said it was not hardware but that it most likely is a software issue. Please advise,

Thank you

A:BSOD on Start-up.

Quote: Originally Posted by jedagolfer123

Basic Info:

Windows 7
x64
- Original OS
- an OEM

- What is the age of system (hardware)? - Less than 1 year

- What is the age of OS installation (have you re-installed the OS?) - Less than 1 year

Windows will crash once every other day and show the BSOD. Dell said it was not hardware but that it most likely is a software issue. Please advise,

Thank you

Several issues
1-Memory management (probably caused by your McAffee.)

I would remove and replace McAffe with Microsoft Security essentials

How to uninstall or reinstall supported McAfee consumer products using the McAfee Consumer Products Removal tool (MCPR.exe)

Microsoft Security Essentials - Free Antivirus for Windows
2- Old drivers

This needs to be updated or removed.
pnetmdm64.sys PdaNet Driver from June Fabrics Technology

3-Readyboost.
Was the active thread when the system crashed. I would not use it at least to test.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/195645-bsod-start-up.html
Relevancy 33.54%

hi ,
i getting atikmpag.sys bsod whlie playing a video, now every time i restart my laptop it keep getting same bsod at start up. i read in forum it cause by graphic driver or something so i tried to uninstall ,install ,new and old graphic driver ,still not fix it. even restoring my windows

please anyone can help ?,
sorry if i make mistake.

A:bsod when start up

Hello impel and welcome to 7Forums!

I looked into the dump files in your upload and all of them point towards 0x00000116. This indicates that an attempt to reset the display driver and recover from a timeout failed.

I would recommend that you first head on over here and download DDU:

Display Driver Uninstaller Download version 17.0.2.1

After that please boot into Safe Mode:

Safe Mode Tutorial

Launch DDU and select the "Clean and Restart" option as shown below:

And now you should have booted back into Windows 7, please head on over to AMD and I would recommend you use their auto detect tool:

AMD Driver Autodetect

If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask us!

Cheers, Boris

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/401542-bsod-when-start-up.html
Relevancy 33.54%

I have a Dell Dimension with Windows XP installed While browsing a streaming video site I received an IE error message saying that Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and will shut down After logging back in to IE it happened again so I did a re-start On restart I received startup message XP start won't getting bsod we apologize for the inconvenience but windows did not shut down properly and the normal full screen explanation I just powered down as I have done before but got the message again followed by the bsod The technical information I received was as follows stop x E XC XF A C XF A C XF A Atapi sys - Address F A C base at F A Datestamp b d Thinking it might be a XP won't start getting bsod virus from the internet site I ran Avira Antivirus Rescue Software but it only came back with minor issues which didn t allow me to see the definitions I then booted to my installation cd went into repair and did a chkdsk I also did bootcfg scan which identified Windows install and a bootcfg list which indicated that Microsoft Windows XP WAS LOCATED AT c windows with load options fastdetect noexecute optin I have considered doing an in-place upgrade but I fear that it might cause me to lose valuable files I need for my business I will also be disconnecting some of my hardware devices and try to reboot also If anyone can suggest the proper troubleshooting procedures to help me determine my problem it would be greatly appreciated nbsp

Relevancy 33.54%

Today I started up my computer and things were pretty normal I opened up some firefox itunes and Bsod up after right start whatnot Bsod right after start up and then I closed all applications and clicked for my computer to sleep It took a little longer than usual for my computer to go to sleep so I went to take a shower and half an hour later there was the blue screen of death It said quot A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer Technical information STOP x E xC x ED xF F quot When I restarted my computer it asked me if I wanted to start windows normally go into safe mode safe mode with networking and so on I have tried all of these but the bsod always appears So I tried F and tried every one of the options but the bsod appeared again So if anyone can help thank you in advance P S I have a Dell desktop on Windows XP nbsp

Relevancy 33.54%

I ve been having this problem off and on and I thought I had fixed it but now it s gotten to the point start-up BSOD on where it happens every time Here s the BlueScreenView output Dump File - - dmp Crash Time PM Bug Check String IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL Bug Check Code x a Parameter dc Parameter Parameter Parameter fffff c Caused By Driver ntoskrnl exe Caused By Address ntoskrnl exe File Description NT Kernel amp System Product Name Microsoft Windows Operating System Company Microsoft Corporation File Version win ldr - Processor x Crash Address ntoskrnl exe Stack Address Stack Address Stack BSOD on start-up Address Computer Name Full Path C Windows MiniDump - - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File Size Dump File - - dmp Crash Time PM Bug Check String KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED Bug BSOD on start-up Check Code x e Parameter ffffffff c Parameter fffff c ca Parameter Parameter Caused By Driver ntoskrnl exe Caused By Address ntoskrnl exe File Description NT Kernel amp System Product Name Microsoft Windows Operating System Company Microsoft Corporation File Version win ldr - Processor x Crash Address ntoskrnl exe Stack Address Stack Address Stack Address Computer Name Full BSOD on start-up Path C Windows MiniDump - - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File Size Dump File - - dmp Crash Time AM Bug Check String IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL Bug Check Code x a Parameter dd Parameter Parameter Parameter fffff ca Caused By Driver ntoskrnl exe Caused By Address ntoskrnl exe File Description NT Kernel amp System Product Name Microsoft Windows Operating System Company Microsoft Corporation File Version win ldr - Processor x Crash Address ntoskrnl exe Stack Address Stack Address Stack Address Computer Name Full Path C Windows MiniDump - - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File Size Dump File - - dmp Crash Time PM Bug Check String KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED Bug Check Code x e Parameter ffffffff c Parameter fffff c dcef Parameter Parameter efa Caused By Driver ntoskrnl exe Caused By Address ntoskrnl exe File Description NT Kernel amp System Product Name Microsoft Windows Operating System Company Microsoft Corporation File Version win ldr - Processor x Crash Address ntoskrnl exe Stack Address Stack Address Stack Address Computer Name Full Path C Windows MiniDump - - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File Size Dump File - - dmp Crash Time PM Bug Check String IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL Bug Check Code x a Parameter Parameter Parameter Parameter fffff c Caused By Driver ntoskrnl exe Caused By Address ntoskrnl exe File Description NT Kernel amp System Product Name Microsoft Windows Operating System Company Microsoft Corporation File Version win ldr - Processor x Crash Address ntoskrnl exe Stack Address Stack Address Stack Address Computer Name Full Path C Windows MiniDump - - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File Size Dump File - - dmp Crash Time PM Bug Check String KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED Bug Check Code x e Parameter ffffffff c Parameter fffff fc a Parameter Parameter Caused By Driver ntoskrnl exe Caused By Address ntoskrnl exe File Description NT Kernel amp System Product Name Microsoft Windows Operating System Company Microsoft Corporation File Version win ldr - Processor x Crash Address ntoskrnl exe Stack Address Stack Address Stack Address Computer Name Full Path C Windows MiniDump - - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File Size Dump File - - dmp Crash Time AM Bug Check String KMODE EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED Bug Check Code x e Parameter ffffffff c Parameter fffff f a a Parameter Parameter Caused By Driver tcpip sys Caused By Address tcpip sys File Description Product Name Company File Version Processor x Crash Address ntoskrnl exe Stack Address Stack Address Stack Address Computer Name Full Path C Windows MiniDump - - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File Size Dump File - - dmp Crash Time PM Bug Check String WORKER... Read more

Those errors are somehow related. Troubleshoot from here http://support.microsoft.com/kb/275678

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/426809/bsod-on-start-up/
Relevancy 33.54%

I am taking a look at a co worker's up. BSOD about min start 2 after laptop for her it keeps BSOD about min after booting she said it started after her brother tried to upgrade to the latest version of windows media player I tried it in safe mode and it does not crash only when running normally here is the dump logs Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version X Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved Loading Dump File C Documents and Settings Aaron Desktop Mini - dmp Mini Kernel Dump File Only registers and stack trace are available Symbol search path is SRV c symbols http msdl microsoft com download symbols Executable search path is Windows XP Kernel BSOD about 2 min after start up. Version Service Pack UP Free x compatible Product WinNt suite TerminalServer SingleUserTS Personal Built by xpsp sp gdr - Machine Name Kernel base x d PsLoadedModuleList x a a Debug session time Thu Aug GMT- System Uptime days Loading Kernel Symbols Loading User Symbols Loading unloaded module list Bugcheck Analysis Use analyze -v to get detailed debugging information BugCheck F f faec fa f unable to get nt KiCurrentEtwBufferOffset unable to get nt KiCurrentEtwBufferBase Probably caused by csrss exe Followup MachineOwner --------- kd gt ANALYZE -V Unknown option '-V' Bugcheck Analysis Use analyze -v to get detailed debugging information BugCheck F f faec fa f unable to get nt KiCurrentEtwBufferOffset unable to get nt KiCurrentEtwBufferBase Probably caused by csrss exe Followup MachineOwner --------- kd gt analyze -v Bugcheck Analysis CRITICAL OBJECT TERMINATION f A process or thread crucial to system operation has unexpectedly exited or been terminated Several processes and threads are necessary for the operation of the system when they are terminated for any reason the system can no longer function Arguments Arg Process Arg f Terminating object Arg faec Process image file name Arg fa f Explanatory message ascii Debugging Details ------------------ unable to get nt KiCurrentEtwBufferOffset unable to get nt KiCurrentEtwBufferBase PROCESS OBJECT f IMAGE NAME csrss exe DEBUG FLR IMAGE TIMESTAMP MODULE NAME csrss FAULTING MODULE PROCESS NAME csrss exe EXCEPTION CODE NTSTATUS xc - The instruction at quot x lx quot referenced memory at quot x lx quot The memory could not be quot s quot BUGCHECK STR xF C CUSTOMER CRASH COUNT DEFAULT BUCKET ID COMMON SYSTEM FAULT STACK TEXT ec a d c d f f nt KeBugCheckEx x b ec a d fa ae fa f f faec nt PspCatchCriticalBreak x ec a d de ec fbc c ebcc nt NtTerminateProcess x d ec a d c e fbc c ebcc nt KiFastCallEntry xf WARNING Frame IP not in any known module Following frames may be wrong ebcc x c e STACK COMMAND kb FOLLOWUP NAME MachineOwner FAILURE BUCKET ID xF C IMAGE csrss exe BUCKET ID xF C IMAGE csrss exe Followup MachineOwner ---------

A:BSOD about 2 min after start up.

Ok quick follow up from what i can figure it seems to be some kind of file conflict as I disabled 2 system processes from the start up tab is msconfig they where dumprep 0 -k.exe and phillips go gear agent now it's not crashing anymore.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/bsod-about-2-min-after-start-up-409752.html
Relevancy 33.54%

Hi,

This morning, I attempted to start my desktop PC and it gave me a BSOD with the error KERNEL_SECURITY_CHECK_FAILURE and it prompted an automatic restart. The restart went without any problems and the desktop is functional and I haven't experienced another BSOD since - however, I'd still like to know if this was just a one-time event or if there's something that caused it. I attached my debug file here: DESKTOP-2A77AF6-Mon_06_27_2016__72557_65.zip. Any help or insight into this issue would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/54528-bsod-start-up.html
Relevancy 33.54%

Ok so here is the problem that i got right after i sign up to my 64 bit system
It came out of nowhere after some months
Also i have instaled 32 bit system that is working fine
I totally dont know where could be the problem
Thanks

A:BSOD after start

Hello wichet and Welcome to PCHF

The 0x7F error usually appears as a result of a series of errors occurring one after the other-and have plagued many Vista systems as well...
Why did you install a 32 bit system?
Are the drivers for this version as well?
Can you please update your system's specifications?

http://www.pchelpforum.com/windows-vista/124709-bsod-after-start.html
Relevancy 33.54%

I just revamped an older PC, new MOBO (which required a new video card), new processor, and old hd's. After getting it all together it will only let me get to bios. It wont start from any of the disks I have thrown at it (windows, MOBO drive set, raid), and will go to a BSOD when I try to start windows up (normal, last known, safe, all go to BSOD). The BSOD it's self goes by too quickly to get the #'s.

New specs are: MOBO= DFI Infinity NF ULTRAII-M2
CPU = AMD 5000+
Video= EVGA e-GeForce 7600 GS

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/bsod-on-start-up-214381.html
Relevancy 33.54%

My computer has worked perfectly for well over a year no problems when suddenly it got a blue screen today I hadn't changed or added anything recently so I don't have a lot of XP, BSOD Can't start clues as to what Can't start XP, BSOD brought it about Now whenever I try to boot Can't start XP, BSOD it up it will get to the Windows XP screen and then the blue screen will appear This causes it to restart and the whole process begins again The error message on the blue screen Can't start XP, BSOD is IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL and the stop says x A x x C x x FB C Furthermore when I try to enter safe mode it stops and I get the message Press esc to stop loading SPTD sys Whether or not I press escape doesn't matter because in both cases the computer simply restarts which eventually sends it back to the blue screen I've tried repairing the xp installation with the recovery console but that didn't resolve the issue The CPU doesn't seem to be overheating and I made sure the RAM was connected properly but that didn't work I also went into the BIOS and tried the fail safe defaults but no luck I'm not sure what service pack I had Will I need to know that to resolve the issue and is there a way to find that out without being able to start up XP My gut tells me it was SP for what it's worth Any help or information would be greatly appreciated

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cant-start-xp-bsod-459450.html
Relevancy 33.54%

Windows 7 ultimate x64
BSOD bad pool header
Started after a reboot not quite sure what i did, happens after windows loads all applications. From what i remember i may be a audio related issue.

A:BSOD start up

Hello and welcome YayCrashing mate some system please

SYSTEM SPECS

mate can we have some system specs please as what you have postedgives us not that much to work with and given there are so many manufacturersof components and configurations that do influence what goes on within anygiven machine and OS.

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/180324-system-info-see-your-system-specs.html

A quick look around is indicating this is related or can be related to a Windows update and it is a common issue. You have two problem devices - see pic and I am wondering what security you are running hence the specs request although it does mention MSE in the event viewer and something to do with updates??

Code:
ADDITIONAL_DEBUG_TEXT:

Code:
You can run '.symfix; .reload' to try to fix the symbol path and load symbols.

MODULE_NAME: nt

FAULTING_MODULE: fffff80003468000 nt

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 531590fb

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN7_DRIVER_FAULT

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x18

CURRENT_IRQL: 0

ANALYSIS_VERSION: 6.3.9600.17336 (debuggers(dbg).150226-1500) amd64fre

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from fffff80003483e14 to fffff800034ddbc0

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`047362e8 fffff800`03483e14 : 00000000`00000018 00000000`00000000fffffa80`086a6e90 00000000`00000002 : nt+0x75bc0
fffff880`047362f0 00000000`00000018 : 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`086a6e9000000000`00000002 fff8ffff`fff80000 : nt+0x1be14
fffff880`047362f8 00000000`00000000 : fffffa80`086a6e90 00000000`00000002fff8ffff`fff80000 00000000`00000003 : 0x18

STACK_COMMAND: kb

FOLLOWUP_IP:
nt+75bc0
fffff800`034ddbc0 48894c2408 mov qword ptr [rsp+8],rcx

SYMBOL_STACK_INDEX: 0

SYMBOL_NAME: nt+75bc0

FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner

IMAGE_NAME: ntoskrnl.exe

BUCKET_ID: WRONG_SYMBOLS

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: WRONG_SYMBOLS

ANALYSIS_SOURCE: KM

FAILURE_ID_HASH_STRING: km:wrong_symbols

FAILURE_ID_HASH: {70b057e8-2462-896f-28e7-ac72d4d365f8}

Personally I would try these for starters in safe mode

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/1538-sfc-scannow-command-system-file-checker.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/433-disk-check.html< if necessary include the /f and /r in the command line as per Option2

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/378720-bsod-start-up.html
Relevancy 33.54%

I am having the exact same issues as the person posted in this topic:
BSOD at startup, error 0x000000ED

I want to try the usb repair trick to fix my situation, but currently im on yumil and I have no idea what iso/distribution to select (YUMI ? Multiboot USB Creator | USB Pen Drive Linux).

I am running windows 7 home premium 64 bit.

For those who dont want to read through the junk in the link heres a summary:

Basically I cannot startup my computer because it gives me the same BSOD error (0x000000ed). Windows Repair does not work and gives me the exact same thing that happens to him in the link. Heres a difference though, he is using a laptop I believe. Im using a desktop. Im not sure if that means anything, but yeah.

A:BSOD Win 7 Start up

Hello Kingson12 and welcome to sevenforums, I hope you will enjoy your stay here at the forum!

I would advice you to read through this:

Troubleshooting stop 0x7B and stop 0xED.

Cheers!
Boris

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/388084-bsod-win-7-start-up.html
Relevancy 33.54%

Help needed please.

Desk top home build
Win7 home premium 32bit
Motherboard Gigabyte GA-P55-US3L
Intel i5 chip
2x2gb Patriot PC3 ram
Western Digital 500gb sata/16mb cache
Graphics card Asus HD6670 1gb GDDR5
I have recently had to do a clean install onto a new hard drive approx 2 weeks ago after a similar problem , working fine this morning e-mail etc.
Booted up this evening straight into a BSOD computer ran startup repair result (Error code 0x3712 system files integrity check and repair.
then booted into another BSOD Bad-Pool header now its like a merry go round.
Unable to access the PC at all to try and effect a repair.
This is making an old man even older
Thanks in advance
John

Boot into Advanced Boot Options > safe mode with networking and then post it following the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions.

If cannot access to safe mode too, let us know.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/286155-bsod-start-up.html
Relevancy 33.54%

Hi there For last few months I have been having very frequent BSOD crashes on my desktop I have attached a zip file with recent dmp files of these crashes I have looked at a lot of threads about these similar crashes and performed a few tests I have tested my hard disk via Chkdsk utility and memory via Memtestx - both of which showed no error I also completely removed my nVidia drivers and reinstalled since mostly the crash happens when I run media- online video or video games This might just be a coincidence though since those are of the once day least start the BSOD at at the two things I do the most on my desktop I have done a lot of cleaning malware removal with Advanced System Care Iobit- BSOD at least once at the start of the day not currently installed CCleaner Disk Cleanup Malwarebytes AVG Internet Security etc Usually the crashes seize for a couple of days after all this cleaning but start again I know my computer is pretty old so chances are there might BSOD at least once at the start of the day be something wrong on the hardware side but so far I have not been able to figure out what that might be Any help is appreciated

A:BSOD at least once at the start of the day

Hiya and welcome to SevenForums!

Code:
BugCheck 1E, {ffffffffc000001d, fffff960001cc30c, 0, fffff80003661000}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\System32\win32k.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32k.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for win32k.sys
Probably caused by : win32k.sys ( win32k+fc30c )

Code:
BugCheck 1D0CA30, {fffffffffffff910, 0, 0, 388fc28}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KiPageFault+260 )
Run sfc /scannow and chkdsk /r.
Install the latest updates from Windows Update.

Do the exact same steps for chkdsk /r but instead of typing in sfc /scannow type chkdsk /r.

SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/377793-bsod-least-once-start-day.html