Windows Support Forum

BSOD playing any game any moment, i format and still remain

Q: BSOD playing any game any moment, i format and still remain

Guys i don't know what happen but i have a lot of blue screens and msg errors, sometimes IRQL_LEES_OR_NOT_EQUAL, another time push up a window telling me something like can not be read a memory adress, another one PFN_LIST_CORRUPT 0x000004E

HELP MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE i dont understand, i check memory with windows and are ok, same with HD... i dk if are drivers, graphic card, mother, or font

thx! i attach dumps

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: BSOD playing any game any moment, i format and still remain

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: BSOD playing any game any moment, i format and still remain

attach ms

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/306960-bsod-playing-any-game-any-moment-i-format-still-remain.html
Relevancy 22.79%

Hi guys,
I'm planning to make an order on simpleshoppinglink.com buy I'm still thinking: I want to buy a powerful machine for playing new big games and decided to ask someone's thoughts about it. So what would you buy for playing games: PC or Laptop?
If you choose PC: i7 4790k or i7 4930k? or another proposes?
If you choose laptop: which one?

A:What would you buy for playing games?

An i5 with a good video card. Games are GPU intensive so you'll need a video card to handle the latest games with 8 gigs of memory.

I personally play on a PC. There are those who play on a laptop. It boils down to a personal preference. if you need the mobility you go laptop. However, I can build a PC significantly cheaper.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/what-would-you-buy-for-playing-games.215861/
Relevancy 24.51%

I recently cloned my old 160gb hdd on to a new 1tb hdd, then proceeded to format my old hdd. After formating it had lost 128gb only showing 32gb. I have checked for partitions (unallocated) but none can be found. Even tried remapping mbr, with no result. Any help to recover my lost storage space would be great.

A:Lost hdd space post format

I'm running Windows 7 home premium BTW don't no if that info will help with a solution or not.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lost-hdd-space-post-format.213789/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hi all I have a problem thats been ongoing for months and I just cant get it solved so im hoping you can help The problem is that whenever someone speaks in teamspeak ventrilo skype insertvoiphere my game volume drops to almost nil This volumes game Windows ducking is not a problem tied to any individual app as ive been through all the individual fixes to no avail such as volume control plugin disabled etc And the fact that every single voip program does it leads me to it being a windows option somewhere I have also gone into the sounds gt communication and have that set to do nothing It still happens It is not just with Windows ducking game volumes game either I tried different games and the sounds on every single one duck out when someone talks Also another note it also ducks out when I click to run any program on my pc via admin You know when the box pops up asking you if you want to allow this program to make changes to your computer where you click yes When the box pops up and it goes quot beep beep quot at that exact moment the game volume ducks out note - its only ducking game volumes too it doesnt duck out media player youtube vids or anything like this Please please if anyone can help me solve this issue it would be so appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Windows ducking game volumes

I'm assuming that you are on Windows 7? Go to the sound icon on the bottom-right of the desktop, right click and select playback devices. Right click on your default device (Either speakers or an integrated chip set normally) and select properties. Go to the advanced tab and make sure that the Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device box is un-ticked.. and make sure that the give exclusive mode applications prioirty is un-ticked, then report back to see if it has worked (Don't forgot to apply and OK the changes).

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-ducking-game-volumes.192988/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hello everyone
so I have gameserer hosting website
and all my server I rent them from some website
now I have 2 server in my home but I will sell it
and I want to buy new one
but I don't know what is the beast part I have to get it ?
should I get E5 or E3 ? and 1cpu or 2cpu ?
I will host on it some game and its MineCraft and some other game from valve
the other game from valve is
Counter 1.6,scours,go
Garry's mod
Team Fortress 2

so what is the largest server can I have so I can host as many as I can on it ? and about the price I don't care to much on it so if you can just give me something good
I think I will host at less 20-30 servers on it

so what can you advise me ?

A:Bulid servers for Game-Server

Well I would do some researching on what people use for their servers because I don't have much knowledge personally on game servers. What I can provide though is insight on how the parts differ.

A Xeon E5 is based on a completely server-oriented architecture while the E3 is supposedly just a more high-quality binned i7.

I would read up more on server hosting requirements/what is best more in depth than I did below, but the consensus seems to be that the E3 or E5 is fine with lots of RAM. Keep in mind, the E5 can have twice as much RAM as the E3. Another thing to keep in mind is whether the game is multi-threaded or single threaded and the tick-rate of the server. If you have more players and the game is multi-threaded (Minecraft isn't for example if I am not mistaken), then go for the E5 just to be safe.

I was researching online about the CS:GO server requirements and came across this forum post and they linked to this dedicated server wiki page. Since Garry's Mod, CS:GO, and TF2 run on the same engine, the requirements should technically be the same. Minecraft isn't really too demanding either so you should be fine basing the server on Source games. Here are the requirements for a Minecraft server. It seems to me like the servers don't need much horsepower.

Here is another useful forum thread that will provide the best insight.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bulid-servers-for-game-server.208926/
Relevancy 22.36%

I come here in need of some help I ve been troubleshooting this issue for quite some time and have not been able games goes while few a for seconds playing Screen black to find the solution on my own The issue Sometimes when I play games my screen Screen goes black for a few seconds while playing games will go black at a random time for a a period of time sometimes only lasting - seconds other times lasting up to a minute and then recovers itself and I m able to continue playing The sound continues playing during the black outs but I have no control of my computer Can t see anything and cannot use commands like ctrl alt del Sometimes when my computer recovers from the black screen I can hear the fans on my GPU boost up to about I have setting in MSI afterburner to Screen goes black for a few seconds while playing games increase my fan speeds as the temperature of my card goes up Sometimes when recovering from a black screen my fans will go up from to like Then it stays at for the remainder of the time until I reset my computer Once my computer is reset my card will run at the again Background and computer information This issue did not start happening until I installed and new graphics card and reinstalled windows The GPU was tested before I reinstalled windows and everything ran perfect no blackouts I reinstalled windows because I got an SSD here are my specs as of now CPU FX- MOBO Asrock Extreme RAM gb DDR and gb DDR SSD gb w windows installed on it GPU Radeon r upgraded from a radeon which ran perfect PSU w Corsair few last things to add that may be helpful - I have not experienced any black screens when using my computer and not playing games - I typically play low-end games like league of legends which aren t too intensive on the gpu - When I load into the UEFI my RAM displays as all sticks running at MHz Even though of my sticks are - my gpu has never gone over degrees since ive installed it so I dont think its an over-heating issue If you need any other information let me know and ill be happy to provide it Any help will be EXTREMELY appreciated I m going crazy right now because I can t figure this thing out lol Thanks so much - Nick nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/screen-goes-black-for-a-few-seconds-while-playing-games.207781/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi Guys

I have a Dell latitude ES5500 which is a recon model
It works fine and on start up I hear the fan going. (so I don't think this is the problem)
All of the airways are clear.
When the laptop first arrived I could get 4-5 mins of video or game time before it shut off, it is now down to virtually straight away.
The laptop does not feel hot to touch either and when turned back on will perform any other function ie e mails word processing database and excel etc without a problem.
I can go on facebook and read post search the internet with no problems but as soon as I try to run a video or play a game it drops straight out.
I have to hold the button down to shut the laptop off and then it will restart with no bother.
This is fairly frustrating and I was wondering if anyone had any advice/ solutions to this?

A:Laptop keeps turning off when playing video's or games

It's worth installing HWMonitor or SpeedFan to check temperatures when you are playing video. My laptop fan doesn't kick in until the GPU temperature gets to 60c and it then drops rapidly to about 50c whereas your fan is working from start up.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-keeps-turning-off-when-playing-videos-or-games.207231/
Relevancy 24.94%

Recently something strange happened with my pc and every keyboard I tried to use doesn't work.So I thought by formatting it the issue might be fixed,but since keyboards don't work I can't enter boot menu.Is there any other way to format it?

A:How to format my pc without entering bios?

You will have to remove the hard drive and format it in another pc.
But you can't install Windows O/S on the second pc as it won't run on your original pc.
After you have formatted the hard drive and fitted it back in the original pc, you might find the keyboard works properly again.
This assumes that you have the original Windows DVD and product key, or you have a saved image of your 'C' drive complete to copy back again.
( I would be more worried about why none of your keyboards work, but if you can reinstall Windows again that would solve any keyboard driver issues anyway.)
Hope that makes sense.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-format-my-pc-without-entering-bios.206750/
Relevancy 24.08%

So today out of nowhere, "well previouslly I installed game called "TERA" and after it this started but I unistalled it and it's still the same" when I listen to music, any sounds especially when sounds get louder, sound starts to cracklle, familiar to static but crackle, also when I play games, fps is lower now, it sometimes freezes, crackled when game appears to make sound and etc. Sometimes video card turns off and on bottom right it says "Nvidia bla bal bla has stoped working, reconnected bla bla" I have no idea what that is, I changed my Headphones to other ones, I checked temperature of both CPU and GPU, are both fine 30-50~ as it usually is. Unistalled game that it (might off coincidentally) ruin it but I doubt it was that.
I really need help, reinstalling windows and downloading all the stuff with slow internet again will be pain for me.
p.s I installed new drivers for video card too. PLEASE HELP

A:Sound crackle, game lag

Also this thing crashed out of nowhere too

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/sound-crackle-game-lag.205307/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi I have not long updated my computer and I was on a bit of a budget I done a ATX build and I bought Of FPS Warcraft Troubles World Playing While MSI - Z -G GAMING MS- mother board Microsoft Windows Ultimate Edition -bit Service Pack Build Intel R Core TM i - CPU GHz GB Corsair Vengeance Blue DDR MHZ ram x GB MSI NVIDIA FPS Troubles While Playing World Of Warcraft GeForce GTX GDDR SDRAM GB PCI Express x Graphics Card Thermaltake Slim x CPU Cooler cm Corsair CX M Builder Series W Power Supply I have TB hard drive I play World of warcraft and I beleave the Lag problem might be down to my i CPU Here is a text file from CPU-Z WAYNEO-PC txt The NVIDIA Geforce Experience Recommends settings for the game and says I should be able to runt he game in ultra so I tell it to do this when I go and play the game it is laggy I have MS Home and world latency any info and help would be very welcomed as my mind is blank and I dunno what is causing it When the computer started up for the first time I went into the BIOS settings and clicked on OC GENIE and it is ment to OC it to what it can If you need any more info please let me know many thanks nbsp

A:FPS Troubles While Playing World Of Warcraft

I am thinking about getting a Intel Core i7 4770K 3.50GHz Socket 1150 8MB to replace my i3 can I also get feed back on this is it worth it

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fps-troubles-while-playing-world-of-warcraft.205463/
Relevancy 24.51%

Introduction Welcome it seems to me that there have been many people here who have bought certain prebuilt computers only to find that the computer contains only pci slots with no way to add a traditional agp or pci-express x video card Many of these people only find out they can t upgrade after buying the computer and trying unsuccessfully to install quot the newest game quot having it not run at all or very slowly with the integrated graphics chip Then these said people try to find out how they can get quot the newest have only you game? and So want PCI slots to game quot to run on their computers and so they hit the forums like techspot for advice and help Many people will suggest the latest - video card for agp or pci-e without thinking that the person could possibly not have an agp or pci-e slot Then some brave soul So you only have PCI slots and want to game? breaks the bad news that the system in question only has pci slots Some people then lose all hope and say that no pci card would be any So you only have PCI slots and want to game? better than the integrated chip in their pc Today I will be testing one of the best pci graphics card currently available as of the nvidia to see if it really is as slow as integrated graphics as some say or if it does give pci only systems new life I hope this article will help people with pci only systems decide what they should do The reason I care So you only have PCI slots and want to game? about the subject is that I too was in a situation several years ago where my pc only had pci slots and I wanted to play quot the latest game quot which I had purchased My system was a dell dimension but the and B are similar as well Vnf ultra s PCI Review Specs Manufacturer s LINK Made by DFuzion Part DFR P MHz Core Clock Pixel Pipes bit Memory Interface MB ddr memory MHz Pci Interface Where to buy http www newegg com Product Product asp Item N E Edit Product is now deactivated on newegg but they still maintain a link for reference gt gt gt gt gt Edit lt lt lt lt lt The card I tested has been discontinued now At this point mid I d recommend the GT GT HD or GS cards I d recommend the GT for best performance Note There is a GT PCI card made by Albatron but I can t find it for sale in the US - GT- SPARKLE SP GT D L-HP GeForce GT MB -bit GDDR PCI HDCP SPARKLE SP GT D LHP GeForce GT GB -bit DDR PCI HDCP - GS- EVGA -P -N -LR GeForce GS MB -bit GDDR PCI SPARKLE SFPC GS U LP GeForce GS MB -bit GDDR PCI HDCP - GT- SPARKLE SP GT D LHPP GeForce GT MB -bit GDDR PCI HDCP SPARKLE SP GT D LHP GeForce GT GB -bit GDDR PCI HDCP EVGA G-P -N -LR GeForce GT GB -bit DDR PCI -HD - HIS H H PP Radeon HD MB -bit DDR PCI gt gt gt gt gt gt gt gt gt - lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt lt Memory Interfaces Some of you may question whether a card with a bit memory interface can compete with cards with a bit memory interface I at first questioned this since it seems like quot everywhere quot online people claim that all bit cards are total trash and that the worst bit card would beat the best bit card I then found an interesting benchmark comparing bit cards to cards like the and in which the came out on top Note the cards in question are agp so pci performance is less but the percent differences between cards should be similar when comparing pci cards Here s the link Edit As of at least some of the GT GT and GT cards use a bit memory interface so unless you re on a tight budget I d say avoid bit memory interface cards if possible Gallery Some pictures Test Setup System Dell dimension with mb pc ram pentium A ghz fsb cpu and intel integrated gl graphics System Custom built pc with mb ddr single channel ram athlon ghz and an nforce chipset I used the nvidia drivers in both cases Benchmarks System Before I ran aquamark an older benchmark on the with it s integrated graphics and got a score of for graphics for the processor and a final score of After I then installed a pci nvidia mb card and ran the same benchmark The results are a score of... Read more

A:So you only have PCI slots and want to game?

nice post.. i wish the guy i was selling my video card to saw and read this post before having me deliver my card to his home to install it.. and finding myself staring at PCI slots instead of PCI-e..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/so-you-only-have-pci-slots-and-want-to-game.51437/
Relevancy 23.65%

I am getting random CPU spikes whilst playing games, it lags a lot and Ive noticed a drop in fps when Firefox is running. Though I have a good system which should be able to handle this.

Can someone please advise and what the think the problem is?

A:Random CPU Spikes - FPS Drops In Game - Firefox lag

Can you export the specs to this page?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/random-cpu-spikes-fps-drops-in-game-firefox-lag.204180/
Relevancy 24.51%

Im completely new to building a gaming/ entertainment pc and I need help on the build. I been watching some youtube videos on gaming pc builds but im not sure if they are right for me. I will be using the pc to play games like battlefield 4 but I will also be playing my wii, ps2 emulators. I will be hooking it up to my flat screen tv to watch hd blu ray movies. here are some videos I been watching. Budget is $600

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b31yj4yWiNk&index=4&list...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MOAN005Fvw&list=PL02HDV...

these two builds look interesting. any advice would greatly be appreciated

A:New to building game pc

Still some questions to be answered. Take a look at this Stickied post on how to post these inquiries. http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-post-all-pc-building-queries.119618/

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-to-building-game-pc.204318/
Relevancy 23.22%

I have a sony SD Card 16gb class 4 card. I did use the card for almost 3 months, when I tried to use it now, I am not able to access the card,

I tried recovery softwares like recova etc to recover the file, but I was not able to recover even a single byte.

I have many importants files in the CARD, PLEASE HELP ME...,.

Thanks

A:Data recovery SD Card not accessible, says incorrect function showing unknown format

I think >>this thread<< could help you out . He seems to have the same problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/data-recovery-sd-card-not-accessible-says-incorrect-function-showing-unknown-format.201611/
Relevancy 22.36%

Since my friend is too stressed as well as not the type to go on places like this I am asking for him He has a AMD Athlon II P Dual-Core Ghz laptop with gigs of ram and a ATI Mobility Radeon HD Series GB the thing is Laptop issues has playing games years old Well he has been having issues with games and since I own Laptop has issues playing games a desktop I only know so much about what its really capable of Anyway he wants to play games like Warframe War thunder and not need to lower the settings all the way just to in some cases barely play Also seems he cannot run Just Laptop has issues playing games cause Now another friend I talked to briefly said sounds like something is eating his resources but again only know so much about laptops So is it his CPU video card ram or is it all the junk that might be on his system He did note that his laptop does seem to run hot and with only one fan vent it coudl be the reason for all I know he said an I quote here quot its hot enough to melt the glue of the foot pad in the corner and cause my hand to sweat quot he would love to get a desktop but sadly funds for him are quite limited nbsp

A:Laptop has issues playing games

It is quite obvious that the problem is temperature and I also think that laptop doesn't meet the recommended specification requirements of the games he wants to play.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-has-issues-playing-games.203314/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi

Recently I have been getting this weird problem, when playing some graphically demanding games, my pc blacks out for a few seconds then comes back, and sometimes this happens continuously while playing. So I don't know what is actually the problem as I think I have a fairly good pc, please help.

PC Specs:
CPU Intel i5 2550K 3.3Ghz
RAM: 8gb
GPU: Gainward GTX560 Ti 1gb
PSU: Corsair 550w

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-blacks-out-when-playing-graphically-demanding-games.203153/
Relevancy 24.08%

Guys when I play ARMA II or any game.. there are purple squares on my screen. At first, it was manageable. It didn't affect how I played the game. But later on, it got worse and worse! To the point that my game crashes. But when I play Assassins Creed, if I alt+tab out the purple spots are gone but later on it crashes. Can anyone help me with my problem? By the way, I'm using an HP Pavilion dv5

A:Purple squares when I play a game

^^

in my opinion ur video card its about to blow up but u still can try update ur driver...
if not .. lower graphic on ur game

But listen other ppl opinions

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/purple-squares-when-i-play-a-game.178740/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hello. recently I have been getting the Drive e needs to be formatted before it can be used. However, I have no drive e. there are no flash drives or sd cards plugged in, its a laptop so it has the normal c drive and the system d drive (ie 1 hard drive). I have no dvd drive as I have removed it because it has been causing problems. in disk management it has drive e there, but no name to it and it is in the raw format. any idea as to how to remove this nuisance?

Windows 7 32 bit pro
hp pavilion dv6700 laptop

A:Format drive E

Just format it, you shouldn't get further prompts. Then you can see if it's another partition on your main HDD or not.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/format-drive-e.201098/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hello

When I play Diablo 3 I get some fps drops , usually at the same places. usually im around 130 FPS but can go down to 50 or even 25 sometimes when its bad. its not unplayable but its no fun at all.

The places are demanding I guess, there is a lot of **** on the screen and action all around.

My current setup :

Nvidia 780Ti HOF , goes to around 60C during load
i5 4570 goes to around 65 during load
8 GB ram,

Im assuming the 780Ti should be able to handle Diablo 3 even when its demanding?

I used an AMD r9 290 earlier and got the same issue at the same places.

Before I changed card from the 290 to 780Ti I formated my computer and installed Windows 8 Pro.

So it shouldnt be any software causing this,

Am I doing something wrong here?

Is it perhaps my CPU?

What can I do?

if you want to I can record the actual gameplay and show you

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fps-drop-when-playing-diablo-3-something-wrong-with-my-hardware.201463/
Relevancy 23.65%

I tried out DXtory2.0 to record Minecraft and downloaded the XVid codec to speed things up. But though the game runs fast (150fps when not recording, 60-80 when I am) the video comes out choppy when I watch later. The write speed on the folder I allocated to put the recorded videos in varies from 20-60 mB/s. I tried dedicating more RAM to Minecraft, setting priority of java high, setting priority of DXtory high, using a USB readyboost, etc. Any ideas as to why this may be?

Also if it helps, sometimes when I'm playing Minecraft with detailed settings, like rendering far and enabling smooth lighting, etc, it becomes choppy and lags for like half a second, before returning to its original 100+ FPS. When I am actually recording, the FPS of the video recorded is far, far slower (10-20FPS) while the game was running at 40-100 when it was being recorded.

My OS is Windows XP.
Memory: 2046MB RAM
Processor: Q8300 @ 2.50 GHz
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon HD 4850

I've spent ages trying to figure this out. It's really frustrating, but currently doing a malware scan. Thanks

A:Major FPS drop while recording, even with fast game

Recording gameplay while playing a game on the same machine is very taxing in general especially seeing as how mincraft is very CPU intensive. Your running on an old Q8300 and the program your using is probably taxing the machine to much and that is causing the skips.

You may want to try a program like Fraps that can limit the frame rates unless the program your using has that option. Many online youtubers or such limit the recording frame rate to 30FPS on lower machines and 60 on upper machines.

Thats probably what your going to have to do.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/major-fps-drop-while-recording-even-with-fast-game.201269/
Relevancy 24.08%

So I just downloaded Unreal engine 4 the other day and I want to start making some games. After working with the engine a little my graphics card (GTX 770) died on me so I need a new one. I was wondering what graphics card I should get that will run programs like UE4 as well as programs like blender, maya and/or 3ds max for character development to put into games. I also want to be able to play pretty much any high end game I want. I was thinking along the lines of either GTX 780 or the 780 ti. I was sticking with Nvidia's models because I heard that they are better for programs like unreal engine 4. Right now I want to get a 27 inch IPS monitor, 1080p of some sort so I know these graphics cards should be good for gaming but wasn't sure if the 780 ti would be better for the 3d modeling and animation stuff in things like maya and 3ds max due to its higher number of cuda cores and such. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

A:GPU for game development and gaming

boagz said:

So I just downloaded Unreal engine 4 the other day and I want to start making some games. After working with the engine a little my graphics card (GTX 770) died on me so I need a new one. I was wondering what graphics card I should get that will run programs like UE4 as well as programs like blender, maya and/or 3ds max for character development to put into games. I also want to be able to play pretty much any high end game I want. I was thinking along the lines of either GTX 780 or the 780 ti. I was sticking with Nvidia's models because I heard that they are better for programs like unreal engine 4. Right now I want to get a 27 inch IPS monitor, 1080p of some sort so I know these graphics cards should be good for gaming but wasn't sure if the 780 ti would be better for the 3d modeling and animation stuff in things like maya and 3ds max due to its higher number of cuda cores and such. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!Click to expand...

Its going to depend on how much you want to spend, Blender is pretty intensive in the realm of GPU's.

780ti will of course be the best option for the gaming aspect, in terms of the Blender and such, I would still say you will be better off with it since it manages to trade blows with even the titan.

But if it comes down to price, you are not missing much with a difference between a 780 and a 780ti.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/geforce-gtx-780-ti-review-benchmarks,3663-14.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/gpu-for-game-development-and-gaming.201099/
Relevancy 24.08%

2D graphics are fine, but 3D/Game Graphics are wacky. This problem is not just with Stronghold Kingdoms (as scene in video), but all games with 3D graphics. However the 2D graphics even on the same screen are never effected.

HELP.

I have tried a different Monitor, Graphics Card and sent the motherboard back for a replacement; Biostar sent me custom upgraded BIOS; I've re-seated the CPU/Fan with new thermal paste over 6 times and I've turned on and off every graphics option in games with in the Catalyst Software I can find. This is a brand new build so there is no dust to speak of. I can't find any one else with a problem quite like this so I'm at a loss?!?

I'm Running an AMD Radeon HD 7700 GPU; Biostar TA970 MOBO; AMD FX 4300 CPU; 16 GB RAM; Windows 8.1; Catylist 13.12 with 750 watt corsair PS.

1 minute screen capture of problem at:

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/3d-game-graphics-flicker-and-jump.200012/
Relevancy 24.08%

I'm using a Radeon 7970 and I've had this problem off and on throughout my PC's almost a year long life. I have a warranty on all parts until April, but I'm not sure if it is the graphics card or something else causing this. Have any ideas on what may be causing this?

A:Bad Graphics Card? (In Game Screenshots)

Yes, that's related to GPU. Have you updated to the latest GPU drivers, making sure to use clean install option?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/bad-graphics-card-in-game-screenshots.199918/
Relevancy 22.36%

As the tilte says my CPU is jumping to 100% usage for a few seconds then back to normal (40-50%) when playing games.
This is more noticeable when I'm streaming and is more frequent.

This happens when playing games and streaming but not when idle or internet use.

My CPU jumps to 100% use and causing a massive fps drop froim 45-50 to 6fps for the few seconds that it is at full load.

CPU - FX 8320 @4.4Ghz
H100i Cooling
Motherboard - Asrock 970 extreme 4
GPU - GTX 550ti (evga stock speeds)
12GB ram - 8gb crucial tracer tactical and 4gb corsair vengance
1tb WD Black for main storage and OS
1tb WD blue for recordings
264gb ssd's with DayZ on one and arma 2 on the other

any help would be great.

A:CPU jumps to 100% then back to normal when playing games

Alright, what's the process taking up 100% CPU?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cpu-jumps-to-100-then-back-to-normal-when-playing-games.199679/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hi All,

I have made a new rig and wanted to transfer the video/music from old IDE hard drive.

I have tried two IDE to USB convertors and when I try to access my old hard driver from My Computer I receive the error "Format Disk"

I have restarted my PC and now it doesn't even detect it!

A:Format Disk Error with IDE to USB Converter

Sounds like the partition table is messed up on the IDE hdd. The data is still there, but windows just cannot figure out how to "read" that drive. More than likely you'll need a 3rd party application to view the data on the drive and copy it accordingly. I use UFS explorer in the shop to recover data from customers' hdds http://www.ufsexplorer.com/download_std.php There are many other 3rd party data recovery programs/application out there, just google it & I'm sure you'll find one that fits your needs.

Post back, Hope this helps!!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/format-disk-error-with-ide-to-usb-converter.198116/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hi,
for the past 2-3 weeks I have been experiencing very high ping and lags pikes in every game that I play, my pc is virtually brand new and doesn't seem to be the problem. I'm 100% sure it is my internet connection, however I cannot pin point what is going wrong, I have IOP (internet over power) to my computer and I also have a wireless connection to my computer however I get the pinging problem with both of these. I have reset my modem multiple times, and I am on cable internet. After each reset I might only get 1-2 mins of good gameplay until the spikes start again, it is very frustrating.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:High Ping and lag spikes in every game

Try one or the other, don't use both simultaneously. Powerline ethernet connections can be a beast of their own to troubleshoot dropped packets & lagg. Disabled the wireless, then try the wired connection for a while & see if issue persists. Then do the same, disable wired & try wireless & see if issue persists. IF the issue is still there, then I'd try to connect PC to the modem directly, this may require a really long ethernet cable, but doing so will allow us to test the PCs network card. IF the issue still persists after a direct connection to the modem, then I'd call the service provider and have them replace the modem - it may have a bad LAN port(s) that are causing the issues.

Post back. Hope this helps!!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/high-ping-and-lag-spikes-in-every-game.199179/
Relevancy 21.5%

Hey guys, I was wondering if anyone might have an idea how to fix this.

I regularly plug in my laptop to my television to game or work and have had no issues other than some colors being slightly different. I played with the color settings and got it close, but the tweaker in me remembered reading that some people were getting more true color using the ycbcr444 color display settings. However, I didn't realize that my television does not support this format and now am unable to revert it back.

Is anyone aware of a way to do a full reset of the Nvidia control panel settings? I can't switch the color display modes for the external monitor if I do not have one plugged in, so this becomes a catch-22

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/format-not-supported-plight-of-rgb-and-ycbcr444.199275/
Relevancy 23.65%

This is not intended to be a sob story but I just want you to know what it is all about. I have a niece that is slowly deteriorating from MS. She does not have much that she can do anymore but one of her enjoyments is playing a game called WSOP Challenge (world series of poker challenge). Right during Christmas the game stopped working and Sprint can't seem to help her get it back on her phone. She called me asking if I knew what to do and I tried but could not find any info on what she needed to do to get it working. Sprint told her to delete it from her phone which was not a good idea because I have found no where that she can download it from and put it back on her phone. Would anyone be so kind to give me some advice on how to fix her problem. Time is not on her side but what she does have left I want it to be very enjoyable. Thanks so much for your help.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/lg-rumor-phone-and-game-question-very-important.199220/
Relevancy 24.08%

I'm looking to upgrade from my 24" 1920x1200. I tried to play games on my 55" TV and it just didn't feel right. I play mostly FPS like BF4

A:Does anyone here game on a 30" 2560x1600 monitor

I game on a 100Hz+ 27in 2560x1440 Qnix QX2710. The extra pixels and the higher framerates are excellent for FPS gaming, and for the price you can't get much better. A quick google will show up lots of useful threads if you're interested.

I wouldn't get a 30in 2560x1600 monitor just for gaming, they are very expensive and more aimed towards graphics/design professionals rather than gamers. Things you're paying a premium for such as a wide gamut won't be useful and indeed might be detrimental as a gaming and general use monitor.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/does-anyone-here-game-on-a-30-2560x1600-monitor.198467/
Relevancy 24.51%

I reinstalled Windows 7 (64bit) after moving to an SSD. Now, for some mysterious reason, I can no longer read UDF format discs (all Blueray and some DVD's are UDF).

Microsoft's Knowledge Base posts a "hotfix", but it didn't work.

I searched online and lots of people seem to have this same problem, but no one has a fix.

How is it I can WRITE udf discs but not READ them? What a pain.

(Note: I can read the discs in XP and Linux, just not Win7. Copying the discs to the HDD every time I want to read them is not a long-term solution. And I can't copy commercial BD discs anyway.)

A:Can't read UDF format discs (Win7)

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/321640 is for XP, but does contain some useful information and possible work-rounds. At a guess, I would expect MS to address whatever they have done wrong before too long. In the meantime, an update of the Win7 DVD driver (and/or firmware) for your actual hardware might be available. Try the website of your DVD manufacturer.

At worst, if there is no software solution within a couple of months, you might have to consider replacing the drive, at least you can return a new drive if it fails you too.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-read-udf-format-discs-win7.198203/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hello,
About one weak ago unfortunately I wiped my internal storage and Iost my everything,
I tried to recover my data using hexamob android application(My device is samsung galaxy tab 8.9)
After two times trying, I recovered almost 32GB of data but almost all of them are in dbf format which I'm not familiar with, so I don't know if it is possible to recover these files to my images, movies, etc
Any helps desperately appreciated

A:Recovering a recovered file which is in dbf format

dbf files are used for Database storage - - you need the application that created them to access the data

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/recovering-a-recovered-file-which-is-in-dbf-format.196624/
Relevancy 22.36%

I'm extremely confused as to why it's still doing this. I tested my microphone and it doesn't work with my voice. It just plays sounds from my computer. I played a youtube video and I could hear it but not my voice, so its playing sounds from my computer and not my voice.

I've tried everything now. Reinstalled drivers, mic is unmuted, made sure it isn't the steromix selected.. etc.

I have my microphone selected as default device and my headphones set as default. I've been through all the properties and still not luck, need help.

A:Headset Microphone is playing sounds from computer

How can a microphone play sounds? Microphone is an input device, so make sure it is set as such.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/headset-microphone-is-playing-sounds-from-computer.195540/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hey guys, I need some help, I wanna play LoL but I'm having a problem because the game freezes, the screen goes black and all I can hear is the sound of it.
I play on a pc with Windows Vista Business 32bit/ 2GB RAM/Intel Core2 CPU T7200 @ 2.0GHZ/ NVIDIA GeForce Go 7400.
I can't seem to get the proper drivers though, because the nvidia website says there are none available for this graphic card.. Ideas anyone??

A:Game freezes, the screen goes black

I would either get a new graphics card or try lowering the settings as soon as you appears in a game. Change your resolution all the way down and make sure shadows and everything else is on low or very low and sound off if you like.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/game-freezes-the-screen-goes-black.190016/
Relevancy 24.08%

I really want some help here cause I have absolutely no idea Specs AMD A - M APU with Radeon tm DH Graphics Quad core Ghz G DDR memory Gig HDD G full Graphics Radeon HD G over FPS down Game time slows Alright I ve never really run into this problem before I can download a game and play it for the first day wonderfully Game FPS slows down over time I start back up and the next day the FPS is cut in half One of these games is War Thunder and going from an average of FPS Game FPS slows down over time to is a little painful Starmade also had this problem I was running FPS for a few days then it dropped to around and stayed there These drops happened weeks apart This has happened with other games but none of their drops happened at the same time The worst part is that one a game drops it always runs that slow and never runs any better regardless of how many restarts settings changes or background programs I close This is odd because I ve never heard of a game-specific drop in performance I should probably mention that the laptop s only about a month old If anyone could help me with this that would be great Thank you nbsp

A:Game FPS slows down over time

First, we usually tell people that if this thing is still under warranty then contact seller and tell them of your issues. A10 chips are good chips.

Second, do you have a cooling pad? Heat can cause this issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/game-fps-slows-down-over-time.195014/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi all you black screen - playing sounds Notebook sys spotties out there can someone help me please my Notebook screen black - sys sounds playing sons notebook an HP G -b sg with core i amd mobility g running win ultimate has a heat-problem shutting down frequently when gaming I tried to clean it could not get to ventilator cause I can not disassemble dismantle the machine without destroying it thank you HP well long story short - I just cut away the plastic covering the vent cleaned it with vacuumcleaner so far so good I installed win on clean formatted hdd installed all Notebook screen black - sys sounds playing drivers needed started up the da thing but the screen stays black although the system-sounds are playing that little quot I finished starting bleep quot tried everything no way the display would light up installed os again on oncemore formatted hdd now it s telling me that it can not identify the grafics stops installing driver from HP homepage and any other driver Lan touchpad sound is in that notebooks quot mind quot already installed they are not it was all clean cause formatted if I just install win and nothing else everything is fine well it s not - because I can Notebook screen black - sys sounds playing not access internet and video playback stutters but the display lights up What am I doing wrong or is the thing just broken down due to heat warranty was void before I cut the vent as it is and a half years old any suggestions anyone hope you get what I am trying to say I m from germany and not a native speaker writer Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Notebook screen black - sys sounds playing

Did this laptop come with Windows 7 Ultimate or did you purchase the OS and thus installed it?
Best bet for you is to get the HP Recovery CD or DVD for your model it will have all the drivers needed for your model. Basically it will install the HP Factory Windows 7 along with everything that's suppose to go with it. This process takes a few hours to run.

So contact HP Tech support tell them you need the Recovery CD/DVD for Model HP laptop. There is a cost for this so be aware. Then you won't have these issues saying graphic driver stopped because you don't have the correct drivers etc. The HP recovery will have all those installed.

Also with every HP system you get recovery with it but it's on the HD in it's own partition so whatever got installed might have blown out that partition and now you have an issue.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/notebook-screen-black-sys-sounds-playing.195083/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hello so as the title suggests my game crashes whenever Every for game reason crashes play I no I play any game for like minutes Some games don t even start up When they crash the game freezes and im Every game I play crashes for no reason forced to start task manager and end the process to get back to the desktop my computer does NOT bluescreen The weird thing is my computer runs like its brand new Every game I play crashes for no reason when not playing games I can run many livestreams and render videos very quickly its just the Every game I play crashes for no reason games which crash Specs not included in profile Corsair TX w PSU Arctic cooling freezer for processor Here are some of the solutions I have tried so far to get my games to work again - Reset to factory settings - Malware scan - Virus scan - Registry clean - Stress test on hardware - MEMTEST - clean out inside pc - Validating game cache on steam Its not just steam games that crash its all games - Defragmented my HDD and SSD - Removed any overclocks If anyone has any other ideas please please get back to me ASAP some people have said to unplug the hardware and plug it back in but I didnt know if this was safe Any other ideas are greatly appreciated If you need more info just ask Regards Luke nbsp

A:Every game I play crashes for no reason

Check your CPU temps and voltages. Are you overclocking? You may need to set voltages directly, instead of 'auto'.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/every-game-i-play-crashes-for-no-reason.194836/
Relevancy 24.51%

Lately ive been trying to vid some gameplay and when I setup my camtasia up the games start lagging even though on the games which are not really demanding and I get 150 fps easily.. still get lag turning v sync on or off changes nothing what can this be I doubt it is a cpu problem cause i5-3570k 4.0 is alrdy overkill enough for it what could it be?

A:Game lag while recording

Hard drive, free software limitations, RAM ...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/game-lag-while-recording.194585/
Relevancy 24.08%

I have a brand new computer which is much capable on computer new regardless Game OS of freezes brand of doing what I ask for Unfortunately it kept freezing very early in games I tried BF shogun and dead island The outcome is the same At first I thought it might be because I was using a win and it had some compatibility problems Then I installed win ultimate after deleting everything on C applied Game freezes on brand new computer regardless of OS all updates for windows and video card drivers then tried dead island again You know what it crashed on character selection screen Then it also crashed in the end of my first battle on shogun What I mean by crashed is that it is totally frozen and I can t even do ctrl-alt-del It leaves the only choice to me as reset So I guess it is not because of the OS so I would definitely appreciate if you can help me with this Here is my build G SKILL Ripjaws GB x GB DDR PC DIMM RAM Cooler Master Hyper EVO Cooler mm CPU Cooler AMD BullDozer Eight Core FX- GHz AM Processor CPU LG GH NS X SATA Internal SATA Game freezes on brand new computer regardless of OS DVD Writer Sapphire HD XT G GDDR PCI-E Dual Fan Video Card Graphics Card Cooler Master K Mid Tower Gaming Chassis quot Samsung LED Monitor LED FSP Aurum W ATX PSU Active PFC Black Asus M A EVO R Motherboard Socket AM AMD xDDR xPCIe- xPCIe- Firewire RAID ATX Any help you can provide is very much appreciated Thank you nbsp

A:Game freezes on brand new computer regardless of OS

There are many things that can be the cause of this. I first thought it was the GPU, but as I read on, I think it could be either a RAM, temperature, or HDD issue. It is most likely a RAM issue.

Another issue could be overheating, but since the games crash basically instantly, it doesnt seem to be an issue. Just to make sure, can you download RealTemp and tell me temperatures on the CPU? Also, download GPU-Z, and tell me the GPU temperatures (sensor tab of GPU-Z, under "GPU Temperature").

Most likely cause: It could also be bad RAM (this is the most likely reason). Download Memtest86, put it on a flash drive, and boot into it. Run Memtest about 5-10 times and tell me the results.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/game-freezes-on-brand-new-computer-regardless-of-os.194153/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hi im pretty good with problems but this one is doing my head in now the problem is im not sure what the actual problem is the symptoms include corrupted desktop display game crashing corrupted firefox display these symptoms are not continual and dont Corrupted game crashing desktop display, appear after boot up ati smartgart reports agp is off adjusting it makes no difference the system is old but has been very reliable mobo is asrock i gv with onboard vga cpu dual core intel mem gb o s xp pro sp graphics card ati radeon mb agp directx all drivers are current including chipset drivers things ive done reinstalled graphics card and drivers and onboard vga drivers ive tried using the onboard Corrupted desktop display, game crashing vga without the radeon installed but have same problem have disconnected all usb devices but no change have tried other hdds with xp pro o s and still have the problem this makes me think its a hardware problem mobo perhaps have checked forums but no help anyone have any idea any help would be appreciated its got me baffled the worst symptoms are when trying to start games and these games are old and according to their requirements this system is well above the recommended they recommend pentium or above thats how old they are lol oh and I have a superfast modern pc but this one was the first I built so it has sentimental value hence not keen on scrapping nbsp

A:Corrupted desktop display, game crashing

1st 3 lines lead me to believe currupt grapics card might be wrong but desc top games etc all use graphics..
I do think its got something to do with graphics I could be totally wrong but seams very strange how mainly problem is when starting games. or maybe psu could be faulty and now supllying enough power lets see what the real tech guys say

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/corrupted-desktop-display-game-crashing.193672/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hi all I put another thread up yesterday as when I plug laptop in to external monitor the colour goes red and blue but only this week it started it has been fine up till now.

but now I noticed I go on to desk top and try to do anything and it freezes so I decided to use the onboard factory format that was at 6pm yesterday and its still only on 64% and its now be running 16 hours something seriously wrong is it ram hard drive or cpu .. all help appreciated

A:Laptop freezing and taking 1-day to format

Can anyone help please.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-freezing-and-taking-1-day-to-format.193104/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hi all just wondering after a full format can files be recovered. any help much appreciated

A:Can files be recovered after a full format

Almost NEVER :sigh:

"no matter how many times I measure that piece of lumber,
every time I cut it it is STILL too short".

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/can-files-be-recovered-after-a-full-format.192846/
Relevancy 46.44%

Hey guys I have seen a few post about stuff like this but they didn t have what I have going on So a few weeks ago I m playing World of Tanks and it was working fine for hours then I go to play Counter strike for a few hours nothing happen everything worked fine Well when I got around to Dragon age I always fun in windows mode I clicked the internet to look something up but then when I clicked back into Dragon age it gave me a black screen and a screen saver came up saying Not Opitimum Mode- Recommended Mode x Hz I never seen this ever So I took my friends monitor and hooked it up to mine and everything came up the game and all But when I hook mine back up it goes back to this screen People told me it s my video card but how could it be that if switching screens worked Now I didn t use the screen long just a few minutes but I m going crazy with playing when screen game. a Black out my GAMES nbsp

A:Black screen when playing a game.

What are your system specs?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/black-screen-when-playing-a-game.192890/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hello comunity ,, earlier this week I had a problem with my cpu , and this site is the only site who helped me correctly, and im thankfull
Today I had a wierd problem with my computer ,, I had a graphics card ' Nvidia 7100 gs '
I removed it cz I wanted to get a new one , more powerfull ,, and now im working on my internal video card - Intel Q965/Q963 Express Chipset family
Intel Gma3000 . 256 Mb
the problem is , once I started to use the internal one ,, once I play Avi files ( 45 ) minutes , the computer freezes for couple minutes ! tried multiple video players and the same problem
P.S I never had problems with internal v,card
---- By the way my computer is Pentium D 3400/4M ,,, 3 GB DDR2 ram ,, 500 GB/HD ,, WIN7
Many thanks in advance

A:Computer freezes when playing .Avi

Correction ** not only AVI files ,, its just any video files ! no problems with audio files

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-freezes-when-playing-avi.191732/
Relevancy 24.08%

Have a huge problem I'm completely stumped on..on virtually all my games (Tropico 3&4,L4D2 and TF2 via Steam) about 5 mins into the game my monitor switches off forcing me to restart my pc (usually with the game still running although it sometimes loops)

Ive tried virtually everything I can think of:my pc isnt running hot/overheating,have updated everything(including going from XP to win7)..this is something that has got progressively worse since before Xmas...dunno what next..ANY help needed!
PC spec
AMD Phenom 9950 Quad Core
4 gb Ram
Flatron L225WS 22" monitor
Corsair HX1000kw psu
Geforce 9600 GT 512mb
Win 7 64bit

A:Monitor switches off mid-game??

Hmmm, the first thing I think of in these situations is an overheating problem (BTW I assume that you mean your computer stops displaying picture, rather than your actual monitor turning off). Have you checked your temps whilst at full load? If not, get FurMark to test your GPU and Prime95 to test your CPU. If your computer crashes during these tests then that is also a problem.

The fact that this is getting progressively worse leads me to think that your GPU may be dying.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-switches-off-mid-game.191260/
Relevancy 24.51%

HD loses format when swtiching HD Enclosures I ve formatted a TB Toshiba DT ACA Internal HD with GPT on a Windows machine I am using the drive as external storage When the drive is in Enclosure A tb is recognized When the drive is removed from Enclosure A and put in Enclosure B it shows up as RAW When I put the same drive back in Enclosure A tb is recognized So I formatted the same drive as GPT on Enlcosure B When the drive is in Enslosure B tb is recognized When the drive is removed from B and placed into A the drive shows up as RAW When I put the same drive back in B tb is recognized So that rules out the HD enclosures Rosewill when swtiching format enclosures HD loses HD RX U C- they work fine with other tb HDs formatted as HD loses format when swtiching HD enclosures MBR and are listed as supporting tb drives Do you think the problem is with the Toshiba brand I have Toshiba tb HDs that I ve tried Both have same problem Or is it the fact that the drives are tb I do not feel comfortable knowing that my tb internal drive will lose its formatting if I put it in a new enclosure nbsp

A:HD loses format when swtiching HD enclosures

Don't know the answer but, what happens if you format as GPT connected internally, and then put the drive in the enclosures?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hd-loses-format-when-swtiching-hd-enclosures.190914/
Relevancy 23.65%

Guys, I have a dell monitor which is that:Dell E Series E1912H 18.5" Monitor with LED | Dell.
I bought it yeasterday.
Is it possible to run game at 1920*1080 resolution in 18.5 inch LED monitor along with this config which would be my config in very near future:
PRO:core i5 3470 or core i3 3220
Ram:8GB ram ddr3 1600mhz/1333
GPU:ATI 7770/7850 2GB OC
A guy tell me it is not possible if I had not 21 inch monitor.so what is the difference between in 21 and 18 inch monitor.what I know that screen is bigger.pls tell me more about their difference.That's it
Negetive reply will
Thanksssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

A:Is it possible to run game at 1920*1080 resolution in 18.5-inch LED monitor

Mate, the difference between a 18 inch monitor and a 21 inch monitor, is quite literally, 3 inches. What resolution a monitor will support is not the same as how big it is.

You cannot run 1920x1080 on that monitor, because your monitor only supports 1366x768, it has nothing to do with your pc configuration.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/is-it-possible-to-run-game-at-1920-1080-resolution-in-18-5-inch-led-monitor.190260/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi all I am trying to work out if there is something wrong with my PC or something wrong with the game Guild Wars While playing this game the computer screen will flash a pink purple and my computer reboots itself additionally just as it reboots I ll hear a strange sound in my headset almost like a buzzing noise The odd thing is I ve taken it in to the store and they ve ran all the memory video card stress tests and it was completely fine it s less than a year old still under warranty they wont replace anything unless it playing Wars 2 while Computer Guild reboots is actually hardware failing and not the game causing it While playing the game temp levels are completely normal too and I bought a new case to further improve cooling just to be sure The problem persists Computer reboots while playing Guild Wars 2 I have an ASUS motherboard Intel core i - GHZ GB of Ram GTX s in SLI If any of you talented Tech Computer reboots while playing Guild Wars 2 Spot people could please help me to conclude this issue it would be greatly appreciated If it is the game itself I can pass the information on to ArenaNet to fix the issue and put an end to my frustration Thanks in advance nbsp

A:Computer reboots while playing Guild Wars 2

I doubt it's the game as there are millions playing it and I'm sure at least thousands with a rig similar to yours. When the game crashes you have the option to have it verify all the files on next launch. Are you choosing to do that?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-reboots-while-playing-guild-wars-2.185084/
Relevancy 24.08%

My computer running Windows Ultimate -bit can no longer access my Western Digital Caviar quot Black quot TB hard drive that s connected but I suspect my data to still be in there so I wonder what data recorvery tools people have used and recommend This is one of the additional drives to my operating system C drive It has been formatted as NTFS and been working fine for several months until with recommendations Data format, from drive please lost recovery software a week ago Now it appears as the E drive on Data recovery from drive with lost format, software recommendations please My Computer as originally configured but the volume label is now blank I used to have that named as quot Media quot When I double-click on it to Data recovery from drive with lost format, software recommendations please enter the drive I get the Data recovery from drive with lost format, software recommendations please error message quot E is not accessible The parameter is incorrect quot In Computer Management -- gt Storage -- gt Disk Management the drive appears but it s File System is now indicated as RAW rather than NTFS I have tried using Active Partition Recovery and that successfully lists my drive with the original label name quot Media quot and as NTFS and also lists the folders located at the root of the drive which is why I suspect my data to still be in there and recoverable However when I use this tool to do a full scan of my disk it freezes after scanning MB There are tools out there with varying reliability so whch ones do people here recommend another tool I trired I forget its name was scanning my disk but prediced days to go over the entire TB so that s out of the question I have been told to use a tool that can recover files onto a separate disk rather then try to repair the original disk and risk losing more of the original data Any advice would be greatly appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:Data recovery from drive with lost format, software recommendations please

Oh crap. Something like this happened recently to me when I had backed up some data to an USB thumb drive. It worked fine for awhile, then some weeks later, my PC just couldn't read it anymore (kept saying "disk in drive needs to be reformatted/etc"...and the properties for the drive also showed it as RAW format instead of FAT32 like it would have been usually).

I think the issue is drive corruption, which seems to be fairly common with external devices like USB drives, but odd in the case of an internal drive. The remedy for me was to try to access it from a different system, which was easy since being a USB stick I could try it elsewhere easily. If you can use another system to access the drive, preferably a Linux/Ubuntu based one; it is likely your best bet to recoup the data before its lost permanently. An external HDD kit would be ideal, and they are quite cheap also.

Hope this helps!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/data-recovery-from-drive-with-lost-format-software-recommendations-please.187901/
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi, I've recently bought a new laptop because the former one had huge, unfixable overheating issues even if I used a cooling pad, didnt play games etc. It was a Acer Aspire 5738G.
My new one is a HP Pavillion G6.
I haven't had any major overheating issues with it yet and it has an average CPU temp of 40-45C when I'm only surfing, which I know is completely normal/safe. When I play games like GTA San Andreas or other older games it goes to around 55C and reaches 60C if I've played it for more than one hour.
Yesterday I tried L.A. Noire, which is a pretty new game and it didnt take more than 5 minutes for the CPU to reach 70C, which gave me haunting memories of the Acer Aspire.
Is this normal/safe? Should I lower the settings?

CPU: Intel i7-3612QM
AMD Radeon HD 7670M (1 GB DDR3)

A:Reaching 70°C when playing a game like L.A. Noire normal?

70c is not to bad try keep the laptop cool as possible. just keep the heat vent clear and you should be fine.
some model of HP do have overheating issues.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/reaching-70%C2%B0c-when-playing-a-game-like-l-a-noire-normal.187686/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hiya all Recently I noticed my FPS in online gaming dropped to FPS I had to close game in online 4 FPS the game client and re-open it again for it to go away After that I 4 FPS in online game had only FPS My laptop is getting very slow and sometimes the system hangs too most often when I use multiple programs The hardware is not damaged I know this for a fact because it never fell nor bumped I remember when I first bought this laptop year ago I had no speed problems and the MMORPG I mentioned above also ran smoothly with maximal graphic settings Now I get around - FPS with lowest graphic settings Things I already did Full CHKDSK Defragmentation Full on-boot virus scan with Avast Full clean with CCleaner temp files and registery Removed all unnecessary rarely used programs I have a dxdiag results report ready in case you guys need it General system specs Operating System Windows Home Premium -bit Build Service Pack win sp gdr - System Manufacturer TOSHIBA System Model SATELLITE C D- G BIOS BIOS Date Ver Processor AMD E- APU with Radeon tm HD Graphics CPUs GHz Memory MB RAMClick to expand Thanks in advance nbsp

A:4 FPS in online game

You could be running out of memory, depending on what you have going on.

What resolution are you playing at on this laptop? Also how high are your graphical settings.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/4-fps-in-online-game.187700/
Relevancy 24.94%

I have an old quot HD from a previous laptop that I have successfully convrted into a external harddrive with an appropriate HD Enclosure and recovered whatever data I wanted onto my new win laptop since I no longer need the operating system the data HD / partitions old remove on Format or the partitions on this Format / remove partitions on old HD reborn external harddrive since I would like to use it for backups storage it makes sense to me to wipe it clean to start afresh does reformatting essentially wipe it free of data and restore as a single volume since I have never formatted or wiped a hard Format / remove partitions on old HD drive in my life and a quick google search suggests I can format a new harrdrive no mention about an old one with Computer Management gt Storage gt Disk Management pic uploaded I hope I dont really understand what the four sections represent on Disk the new lappies harddrive and they dont appear seperately as far as I can tell on file explorer Disk does however appear as drives E F G H when plugged in though E is completely empty anyway if anyone can explain in simple id-iot-proof language that I cant screw-up how to wipe clean Disk into a single usable GB volume I would be a happy bunny aditionally I would appreciate any comments as to a good strategy for backing up I thought I would initially make a full image of the harddrive then just periodically save just the data manually is it possible to boot from the image if required I could always just plug in the quot into the drive bay if the computer doesnt support booting via the USB nbsp

A:Format / remove partitions on old HD

xauss said:

I have an old 2 1/2" HD from a previous laptop that I have successfully convrted into a external harddrive with an appropriate HD Enclosure, and recovered whatever data I wanted onto my new win8 laptop.

since I no longer need the operating system, the data, or the partitions on this reborn external harddrive since I would like to use it for backups/ storage, it makes sense to me to wipe it clean to start afresh. does reformatting essentially wipe it free of data and restore as a single volume?Click to expand...

YES

since I have never formatted or wiped a hard drive in my life and a quick google search suggests I can format a new harrdrive (no mention about an old one!) with Computer Management > Storage > Disk Management (pic uploaded I hope) I dont really understand what the four sections represent on Disk 0 (the new lappies harddrive) and they dont appear seperately as far as I can tell on file explorer. Disk 1 does however appear as drives E F G H when plugged in (though E is completely empty)Click to expand...

Let's make sure you never get these mixed up.
get a command prompt (click start and in the SEARCH box enter CMD hit enter.
In the new window, enter DISKMGMT
In the Disk Mgmt window, there's two major sections: Upper half and bottom half and this is where you see Disk 0, Disk 1, ...
Mine show three blocks Recovery, Win7-OS (C and one with only a size and 'healthy'
The biggest block should be your Windows partition and have status like

Healthy (Boot, Page file, Crash Dump, Primary Partition)
For my system(s), I did a right-click on this partition -> properties -> General Tab and created the name WIN7-OS
so that I never screw-up.

For your DISK 1; do the same thing and give a name like EXT_HD
TAKE NOTICE OF THE DRIVE LETTER (I'll assume it's Z: below)

anyway, if anyone can explain in simple id-iot-proof language that I cant screw-up how to wipe clean Disk 1 into a single usable 300GB volume I would be a happy bunny.Click to expand...

Assuming you've given disk 1 this name, in the command window, enter the following:
Format Z: /X /FS:NTFS /V:EXT_HD

aditionally I would appreciate any comments as to a good strategy for backing up (I thought I would initially make a full image of the harddrive, then just periodically save just the data manually) is it possible to boot from the image if required? (I could always just plug in the 2 1/2" into the drive bay if the computer doesnt support booting via the USB)Click to expand...

Let's deal with that after the above is completed

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/format-remove-partitions-on-old-hd.187104/
Relevancy 24.08%

After watching videos of Arma 2 and DayZ on YouTube, I now want to play those games more than anything. Problem is I don't have a gaming computer or laptop. After looking into some options I feel like a laptop might be best for my needs, but my question is could a laptop run these games on high settings with still getting high fps and run smoothly? I barely know anything about computers so I could really use the help. I checked into some Alienware laptops, and was looking at the m17x. Would that be able to play this game with high fps?

A:Will this laptop play this game at high fps?

This link may help. - NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M Review

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/will-this-laptop-play-this-game-at-high-fps.186298/
Relevancy 24.08%

So after few days me and my friend we where playing dead island. Then suddenly my screen went black but still I can hear sound of the game only. Then that smell came from my desktop like something was burned I don't know what but it seems from power supply because I tested again I turned back on game and waited for few minutes and the smell was coming like from power supply what I have tested now is counter strike 1.6 battlefield bad company 2 it works But like world of warcraft or dead island garrys mod and probably other games don't work
My pc spec are
*CPU:Intel Core Quad Q6600 2.40Ghz
*GPU:GTX260
*RAM:4GB
*Hard drive:1TB
*Power Suppply:700W
I just don't know what do to

Some people saying that I need to replace new power supply and later on new graphic card

A:After starting game my monitor goes black

What is the make of your power supply? A bad power supply will cause all kinds of issues and if you are not careful will damage other hardware components. Remove said power supply.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/after-starting-game-my-monitor-goes-black.184871/
Relevancy 22.36%

My tower is barley a month old and is already having carshing and restarting issues when im playing games basicly I can be playing a game for like 10 mins then it will crash and restart. As its such a new tower im guessing graphics card psu. Heres the whole tower http://www.aria.co.uk/SuperSpecials...rebones+Kit+w/+3+FREE+Games!+?productId=50872

im not sure of the graphics card as its borrowed I know its a Gforce of some description.

The game im playing is dirt showdown its a driving game.

I should add its a 2gb graphics card and the towers not over heating so my guess is psu

A:Computer crashing/restarting when playing games

Hi, You should find out what Graphic card you have, and download the correct driver for it.
A clue is that you say it crashes when playing games, but does it crash if you open 'Computer' screen, or say 'Notepad'?
If you just booted the pc and did nothing, just left it on the Desktop screen, would it crash then? ( No, I am guessing.)
So if you can uninstall your current graphic card driver, that's, 'Device manager' ,Look for 'Display adapters',
Click on the tiny arrow to the left of the word 'Display adapters'.
Right click on the name of your card.
Then, 'Properties', 'Driver' tab, 'uninstall driver'.
Reboot the pc, let Windows install a generic driver. (Just wait , it will happen and notify you near the taskbar.)
Go to the Nvidia website, choose 'Support', then 'Download drivers' then 'Option 2' Automatically detect card.
That should find the correct driver for your card.
If it does not, then in your 'Search for files and folders' box, type 'dxdiag'. In the display tab you will see the type of card you have. Go back to the Nvidia site and search for it manually. Get the correct version 32 or 64 bit.
If your problem is the wrong driver, it should now be fixed. If it's the PSU overheating, then you will need to upgrade it.
Hope this makes sense.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-crashing-restarting-when-playing-games.184067/
Relevancy 22.79%

I ve a pc with the flg specs AMD Phenom x T ghz stock speed Transcend Mhz ddr GB x GB sticks XFX Radeon HD gb Graphic card M A -EM motherboard Seagate TB RPM primary hdd Seagate x gb RPM for storing my stuff CM Extreme Power Plus W psu I ve been using this pc for past yrs and no problems so far Recently I ve used the quot M A M quot Motherboard along with Frontech DDR x GB RAM The processor graphic card hdd and remaining components are same while playing PC My games crashes except the board and RAM The build worked nicely Now I ve reverted to my own board M A ---- I was playing games like NFS Hot Pursuit My PC crashes while playing games Just Cause and so on After a few minutes of gameplay the pc crashes without any error Not even check for solution msg box no BSOD No events recorded in event viewer So today I reformatted my pc and installed windows Ultimate X But the problem is unsolved I ve checked my hdds for bad sectors My PC crashes while playing games defragmented the disks checked for malware viruses with kaspersky All are working fine except the games And also the firefox is crashing while viewing the pages with flash content No overheating issues and the hardware is properly fitted Thermal paste is also fine Checked the RAM with memtest for over hrs and found no errors Pls solve this problem Thanks in advance nbsp

A:My PC crashes while playing games

This is kind of a shot in the dark but if you can, try swapping out the power supply. If that doesn't work try swapping out the videocard or running it with the onboard video.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-pc-crashes-while-playing-games.183226/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hello,

I've been experiencing a significant decrease in frames when playing games such as Battlefield 3 and Skyrim on my laptop. This problem only occured after cleaning my laptop from Sirefef trojans (Thread for solved Sirefef issue: http://www.techspot.com/community/t...and-sirefef-y-laptop-keeps-restarting.182428/).

My laptop has the following specs:
Windows 7 64-Bit OS (Professional)
Intel Core i7 (Dual Core)
12GB RAM
NVIDIA GeoForce GT540M (1GB)
I've always been able to play my games under 50 - 60 FPS, especially when my charger is plugged until now. I don't understand why this is no longer possible after the sirefef-trojan-cleaning-process.

What can I do to solve this issue?

I should also note that my games, particularly Battlefield 3, only runs at a dreadful 20 frames or less at the moment. This applies when my laptop is both charging or not charging​

A:Laptop reducing FPS when playing games after cleaning Sirefef trojans

Try formatting and re-installing Windows fresh. Most laptops have built-in factory restore options on boot up. Virus infections can leave nasty things behind or file damage even after they are "removed"

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-reducing-fps-when-playing-games-after-cleaning-sirefef-trojans.182718/
Relevancy 24.08%

so basically my screen has colored trianles that follow the colors of cerinthings on thje screen and the are flashing constanly and its extremly annoying and I dont know what ot do iv tryed everything from v synce and other things and no avail I have a picture to so you can kinda see the problem with fraps runnign as well

here is the image http://imgur.com/m7gU7

A:Game visuals broken and I don't know what to do

It sounds like its either a display or GPU problem, but I'm struggling to see what the issue is looking at that picture.

You can find out which by using a different display with the computer. If this resolves it, it's the display that's the problem. If it remains with another display, it suggests the GPU is a problem.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/game-visuals-broken-and-i-dont-know-what-to-do.182375/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hi So I have a Toshiba netbook Windows and I bought an external CD drive for my computer since it doesn t come with one I play PC games and I have an old game called Roller Coaster Tycoon which I ve been able to play just drive? into Please game F insert fine Please insert game into F drive? for about a year on Please insert game into F drive? my Toshiba Recently all the files corrupted on it and wiped out the game so I reinstalled it and was able to play for about three months and again it worked fine Now whenever I try playing it a message comes up saying quot Please insert your RollerCoaster Tycoon CD in the following drive F quot but I have the game in the external drive and I don t know why it keeps coming up I ve been able to play other older PC games on my computer without this problem like The Sims and Age of Empires The Conquerors So I decided to install a bit newer version of RollerCoaster Tycoon Loopy Landscapes and the same problem is happening Is something wrong with my computer s F drive or is the game just being unresponsive nbsp

A:Please insert game into F drive?

It's either the disk itself for the game or the external cd drive may be going bad. try testing with different kinds of disks: audio cd, video dvd, data cd, data dvd, etc. see what the external drive reads and does not read. if it works with all types of disks without flaw, then I'm going to say that the media disk itself for your game is bad. Hope this helps, take care!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/please-insert-game-into-f-drive.174759/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hi there I currently have a studio 1747 from Dell. I play some video games on it mostly from steam such has CS, CSS, the new CSGO TF2 etc. Lately ive been getting random FPS drops in game. I could be running fine at about 150fps for 5-20 mins then all of a sudden it drops to about 20. At first I thought it was caused by overheating but then I went out ad bought a cooling pad with three cooling fans to put underneath it and I'm still getting this problem. Im beginning to think that maybe this laptop just cant handle pc gaming? But my starting FPS is at about 120-125 before these drops. Any solutions would be great!

Relevancy 24.51%

Ok so I had an old HP pavilion with integrated graphics and the game ran perfect Recently that computer gave out and wouldn t even turn on So I was looking online at some refurbised PCs and I game problem FPS on 2D found a HP compaq dc small form factory with intel core duo processor gb hd gb ram and with windows for a couple hundred bucks so FPS problem on 2D game I decided to buy it Computer works fine like brand new The main reason I bought it is to play my D game like before So I download it and FPS problem on 2D game I instantly notice lag and I check everything like internet connection and everything else and I finally see its because I m only getting - FPS So I been researching the last days and so far no progress I just dont understand how my only junk computer ran at - FPS which was more than enough for this D game This computer I have now has FPS problem on 2D game integrated Intel GMA graphics but serioulsy how good does a graphics chip need to be to run a D game properly my old computer had nothing special Please if any can help it would be greatly appreciated THANKS nbsp

A:FPS problem on 2D game

If your new PC is better than your old PC by all means, first check if anything else is running in the background, and consuming a lot of CPU cycles, i.e., having a lot of CPU usage. Most common culprits are Photoshop, rundll32.exe, malware, etc. You haven't stated which game particularly you want to (or used to) play.
Plus, the settings at which you run the game also matter. Some more details would be helpful.
Regards, Marnomancer.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/fps-problem-on-2d-game.179594/
Relevancy 25.37%

I get "windows was unable to complete the format" error when I try to format my micro sd card on my computer. So I check everywhere in the drive and I find a folder that gives me "the file or directory is corrupted and unreadable" error when I try to delete or access it. I can delete everything else but it reappears after I reinserted the drive. I tried to format with command prompt and I get "invalid media or track 0 bad - disk unusable." I also treid Panasonic SDFormatter but I get "the memory card is write protected please release the write protect switch"

A:How can I complete format?

Card is dead dude, get a new one.

I also suspect you are Hashim56 because his threads are similar. Neither one of you (if you aren't him) are going to get very good help until you can make better posts. There is a link in my signature that will help you do that.

Hashim56 threads involving an SD card:
http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic178451.html
http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic177635.html

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-can-i-complete-format.178970/
Relevancy 22.79%

Hello i have an Nvidia Geforce go 7900 gs for my laptop. When i play World of Warcraft , the screen goes black , but i can still hear sounds from the game. The Screen never frozed before but it seems that smth is wrong now...

A:Screen goes black when playing WoW

Does the screen go black at any other time when not playing games?

Just to be quite sure, try another monitor and see if the problem is the same.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/screen-goes-black-when-playing-wow.178515/
Relevancy 24.94%

I get "windows was unable to complete the format" error when I try to format my micro sd card on my computer. So I check everywhere in the drive and I find a folder that gives me "the file or directory is corrupted and unreadable" error when I try to delete or access it. I can delete everything else but it reappears after I reinserted the drive. I tried to format with command prompt and I get "invalid media or track 0 bad - disk unusable." I also treid Panasonic SDFormatter but I get "the memory card is write protected please release the write protect switch" which I did.This all happen after I tried to format it on my phone and connected it to my PC. I'm using windows xp pro build 2600 sp 3 and my micro sd card is a sandisk.

A:Unable to format my 2GB microSD

It could just be a bad sd card. They won't last forever.

What I would do (aside from what you've already done) is put the micro sd card in its full sd adapter (that came with it I'm sure) and then put that in a camera and format it there.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/unable-to-format-my-2gb-microsd.177968/
Relevancy 24.51%

Hello dear friends i hope u all will be fine
i have 2 sd memory cards 2gb and its both not formating i tried many tricks but its not formating so please solve my problem

A:Dear brothers help me format SD cards

And Sisters, Too, I presume?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/dear-brothers-help-me-format-sd-cards.177635/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hello Before i start explaining i did not Computer games during down shuts playing have this problem before i upgraded im not the best at computers So i bought a new video card NVIDIA GTX TI cause my old card was really bad So when i started playing i tested the graphics on APB All Points Bulletin Computer shuts down during playing games before i upgraded i would only be able to play on Computer shuts down during playing games low without lag but now i could play on High And so after mins or so of playing my computer would just turn off and then on agian after about secs I started it up agian and put the graphics on low and disabled all the special graphics options put the fan speed on high Now i can sometimes play for hours and sometime only mins which is really wierd cause GTX TIis suppose to handle atleast High on a game like APB So what i am wondering is what is causing this problem and what can i do to fix it Computer Specs Computer HP pavilion m me Processor Intel R Core TM Quad CPU Q GHz Video card NVIDIA GTX TI Memory gb RAM OS Vista amp SP Power supply watts Not sure how much The picture shows the temps of my computer just for sure Thanks nbsp

A:Computer shuts down during playing games

The problem is your power supply, 300 is not enough for gtx 560ti, get 550+, open your case and look at your powersupply,

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/computer-shuts-down-during-playing-games.176641/
Relevancy 23.65%

My brother just asked me to help him setup the audio on his computer, he wants only the game audio to play on his 2.1 speakers and he wants only ventrilo chat to be heard over his headset. I've never tried to setup something like that before as I've always been more into console gaming where this issue doesn't come up so I'm hoping someone here can give me a quick instructional on how to do this.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/game-audio-on-speakers-chat-on-headset.176461/
Relevancy 23.65%

Heya i ve downloaded and tried to play the following online games Allods Shaiya Runes of Magic Lotro Everytime I downloaded each game and tried to connect to any of their servers it would always come up with a connection or client timeout error of some sort I m not sure if it has anything to do with my internet connection because recently I downloaded and played the beta for SWTOR online on my old crap vista laptop which is about years old Apart from very very low fps due to a terrible video card my swtor online servers unable game to connect Laptop to connection was perfect I also Laptop unable to connect to online game servers downloaded the swtor beta on my new laptop and after finishing the massive game download it came up with a data error though I can t remember what it was perhaps it is also related to my current problem My current IP is WIC New Zealand and doesn t have ethernet ports on modem Laptop specs WIndows -bit Home premium Service pack Toshiba Processor Intel Core i - CPU GHz GHz Ram GB Thats the basic information If you need anything else please let me know Thanks nbsp

A:Laptop unable to connect to online game servers

hi bunny 15405 welcome to TS
just quick idea here yhu dont have a firewall blocking the connections to their servers to yhu?

James

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/laptop-unable-to-connect-to-online-game-servers.174944/
Relevancy 22.79%

This is my problem:

My pc shuts down if i play games like: Dungeons and dragons online, call of duty 4, Medal of honor 2011.

I read some other treads about computers shutting down when games were played but those treads were shut down so i had to make a new tread.

I hope you guys can help me a bit!

Specs:

intel core i7 first generation
4 GB RAM
Nvidea Gainward GTS 450
ASrock x58 motherboard
1Tera Hitachi HD
500W powersupply <-------------i tink this is the problem but i'm not really sure

Speedfan is telling my:

GPU temp:40 C
cores are around:45C

A:PC shuts down when playing games

Yeah try another power supply...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-shuts-down-when-playing-games.174643/
Relevancy 19.78%

I have a sony vaio VGN nw350f that keeps freezing while playing online videos and games. When it freezes the sound will keep playing but at a slower, louder, more annoying speed. Sometimes when I restart or turn on the laptop after shutting it off it will tell me "Operating system not found" or just blink _ at me. Don't know if these symptoms are related.

I tried downloading both intel and sony display drivers where at first I was able to install, now when I try to install any of the drivers it says I don't have the right drivers for the right OS.

edit: I have already restored the HDD to factory default.

A:"Operating system not found" and freezing while playing videos

http://esupport.sony.com/perl/model-home.pl?mdl=VGN-NW350F/B

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/operating-system-not-found-and-freezing-while-playing-videos.174799/
Relevancy 23.22%

Hey So this started a few days ago out of the blue i didnt install anything game of out digital in analog, (shows Monitor the sync when thing) goes or change anything i fired up batman arkham city on my pc i played that Monitor goes out of sync (shows the analog, digital thing) when in game game before on my pc this was routine and when going ingame monitor went black and gave me that Analog Digital thing at the upper left corner then it ll play that Hardware unplugged sound im on a xp Screen will stay black and go to sleep mode I ran dmark same thing happened Now i m getting no artifacts no tears no weird visual glitches games will even let me go ingame and play for about minutes before the screen shuts down computer will run fine d is great videos run great gpu Monitor goes out of sync (shows the analog, digital thing) when in game temps are between to on idle to on full throttle i was thinking of dust bunnies or dirt in general inside my gpu s heatsink and around my gpu i was gonna open the heatsink but the screws are really tight and i only have one of those handle-less drivers http creamyg hugelaser com Projects CES Log Photo Log CES Log Thin Screwdriver jpg What do i do can t afford a new gpu now nbsp

A:Monitor goes out of sync (shows the analog, digital thing) when in game

Ok, i opened up the heatsink, it was pretty dirty, so i cleaned everything up.
I reinstalled the GPU on its usual port, and it wouldn't give me an image. So i set it on another port, and voila, image. i doubt it fixed my problem though.

I'm gonna report later if it goes out of sync again

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-goes-out-of-sync-shows-the-analog-digital-thing-when-in-game.174600/
Relevancy 21.93%

Hello, on my laptop I've been having horrible lag spikes while playing any sort of game. This problem was not present about 10 months ago and i used to be able to play games very smoothly without any problems.

My Laptop is a Gateway NV52, 4 GB ram, and 320 gb hdd.

I think there has to be something in my backround processes that is eating up so much memory.

I also have a picture of one of these cpu usage spikes, i believe it is pretty bad lol.

Any help to solving this problem would be greatly appreciated, it is such a hassle to play games and just having my fps go down the drain and my laptop running so slow

A:Constant 100% CPU usage, lag spikes on laptop while playing games

Try downloading and running this tool:
http://www.geekstogo.com/forum/files/file/187-tfc-temp-file-cleaner-by-oldtimer/

What anti virus and anti malware programs are you running?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/constant-100-cpu-usage-lag-spikes-on-laptop-while-playing-games.173820/
Relevancy 22.36%

This is my computer:

H67A-USB3-B3
Inet Core i3-2100
4GB 1333MHz Kingston
?Caviar Blue 1TB SATA III
Nvidia 430GT 1GB
390W Cooler-Master

I am not using the USB 3, I am using only 4 USB connections for mouse, keyboard, video cam and 1TB External Drive(not always).

Thank you.

A:USB stop working after playing games

make sure the usb drivers are installed still. right click my computer, properties, hardware tab, device manager. see if there are any missing drivers. if there are, install them.

~ttm

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-stop-working-after-playing-games.172753/
Relevancy 21.93%

So the problem is on my laptop When I view videos on youtube it s fine untill i switch to fullscreen My mouse working videos well not AMD playing when 6630m DX11 watching games or will be unaccurate and i will have to place it to the left of the button i wish to press there is also a line usually down the right side of the screen asif the video has been pushed to the left and my mouse doesn t know this The same thing happens with games on DX or and The Sims I tried finding solutions on the internet but couldn t find any I found one which was to disable Hardware acceleration in flash and it fixed it but then I downloaded a video in Itunes and bam the problem reoccured I can t download videos drivers because i m unsure which to download and when I went onto the AMD site i got an erorr message saying contact your dealer as it s not compatible My question is simple AMD 6630m not working well when watching videos or playing DX11 games How do i fix it Btw my laptop is a Sony Vaio VPCCA with Intel i and Win Oh and I know there is a switchable graphics feature but that wont do any good as I play quite heavy games Help please nbsp

A:AMD 6630m not working well when watching videos or playing DX11 games

Try re installing Windows 7 fresh. Most laptops have a restore feature accessed during a start up. Laptops do tend to get bogged down with a lot of unnecessary stuff slowing things down and affecting other programs

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/amd-6630m-not-working-well-when-watching-videos-or-playing-dx11-games.172136/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hi all, I have just joined TECHSPOT family

A:How to format a USB device?

Hi Madihlaba11 :wave:

Welcome to :grinthumb

You can read how to post a new thread in this Guide.

Before posting you should read all the Posting Guidelines.

To access technical support you may go to the Forums.

Many users like to post system specs in their Profile.

System Specs are always helpful when you seek support, (see the first two suggestions).
And helpers may ask that you post some of your specs in your thread.

You can access many other online TechSpot guides Here.

Enjoy your Stay

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-format-a-usb-device.172312/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hello everyone For a past few weeks I have been experiencing noticeably low framerates in all games It s really annoying because right now I can t performance low Surprisingly in-game play even deus ex human revolution which was very friendly to my setup before My machine may not be the newest one but its not the worst on the market My pc contains- Q at ghz x gb corsair ddr ram mhz hd mhz gigabyte ga-g m-s l Surprisingly low in-game performance don t laugh at it I know it pretty much suc s ocz stealthxstream w and seagate gb hard disk rpm I use mostly res vista home basic b service pack Framerate in deus ex human revolution reaches fps max in town and up to fps in closed areas In battlefield open beta maximum framerate was around - fps all the times well I know that this pc has it Surprisingly low in-game performance s golden era somewhere in the past but it s not supposed to suck so badly atm especially that right after dx hr was released I was actually able to run Surprisingly low in-game performance it maxed with - fps I noticed lower framerates in all my other games too WoW Crysis the witcher I would be very grateful for helping me out on this issue since its starting to wash gaming away from my life pretty much What should I do nbsp

A:Surprisingly low in-game performance

To me, other than your computers power supply being a tad bit on the low side for my tastes, I really don't see anything that would be holding your system back, from being a decent little gamer. All the hardware is there, and it all looks like it should be up to par in regards to gaming.

Now of course the obvious questions...do you know if your computers video card drivers are up to date? Are your computers sound card drivers up to date? And or course, is your computers operating system totally up to date? If yes, yes & yes, I normally then venture forth into temperature related issues. When was the last time you took your computers case side panel off and took a can of compressed air and really gave it all a good cleaning? Sometimes dirt and dust and dander build up on key area's inside a computer, normally video cards and areas of the motherboards can make for unstable temperatures on those parts. Hence reducing that devices full potential when normally in a cool state.

When was the last time you tested all your devices through your operating system? Are there any parts in there that are leaning towards being on the old side, if so, are those parts now starting to fail therefore starting to hold back your system from being all it can be?

Well that's about all from me, I'll wait to see what you have to say, plus that laundry list of questions could be looked at as a "to do list" and should keep you busy for a little while. But don't give up hope, I'm sure with my help and the help of more competent people here on the forums your going to be just fine!

So get back to us..........

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/surprisingly-low-in-game-performance.171867/
Relevancy 25.37%

Have an external WD USB/Fire Wire Combo drive. The 120GB IDE drive failed with constant clicking sounds when powered and a failure to load the USB driver. I opened the case and replaced the WD1200 with a new WD200JB IDE drive. The drive now loads USB correctly and appears in disk management as unformatted. When I proceed with formatting it either fails as incomplete or forever reports formatting but no hard drive activity is taking place. I have tried connecting it directly to the IDE connector on the motherboard and have the same result.

A:USB drive will not format

Sounds like the new hard disk might be faulty. I'd recommend you get a replacement from the place you purchased it from.

Especially if it will not format when connected via the motherboard using a PATA connector.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/usb-drive-will-not-format.170322/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hello everybody game-server PC Building hosting for So gaming community needs to build up new pc for game-server hosting and web page I don t know about webpage guess that shouldn t take too much but I know about game servers So games are as follows CSS public slots TF public slots CS public slots and minecraft Current pc can t handle the load anymore Now it s only webpage one TF Building PC for game-server hosting server slots and one css slots but it s almost empty all the time max players Building PC for game-server hosting And TF server is lagging as hell Current pc specs AMD Athlon X Dual Core gigs DDR MHz Now a couple of admins me included Building PC for game-server hosting built a pcs And now there s choice between these two CPU i - K RAM GB DDR MHz MB ASUS P H -M PSU Corsair TX and nd pc AMD Phenom II X T BE overclocked to T level GA- GM-UD H As you can see we can t decide which cpu will do a better job I m on AMD side cause it got cores and happens to be better ar multitasking Some other people is on Intel s side cause it s a better cpu overall So question is which will be better Intel or AMD And then would the best cpu handle one more css public server and tf public We want to build a machine that can handle a lot of servers before lags I m sorry for my bad english Thanks in advance AddicTeD nbsp

A:Building PC for game-server hosting

If you really want to set up a server i wold advise maybe buying a server motherboard with 2 cpu's running Intel xeon processors

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/building-pc-for-game-server-hosting.170662/
Relevancy 23.65%

Hello Guys I am having trouble with my graphic freezes colors! with suddenly weird Game card nvidia gts it was working fine few days ago but suddenly a problem arose When i start any game it opens smoothly everything works fine but after - mins it freezes with wierd colors all over the display I started Witcher to show my error it appears Game suddenly freezes with weird colors! like this Scanned my computer via antivirus for malware but in vain I am really confused what is causing this to happen or my graphic card is no more I will be very thankful to you guys ----------------------------------System Specs --------------------------------------- OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium bit Processor Intel R Core TM i CPU GHz x Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM GB x GB Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GT Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB D Total - MB Free Game suddenly freezes with weird colors! - MB E Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd H M-S H x x Antivirus ESET Smart Security Updated No On-Demand Scanner Enabled Using Cooler Master power supply W nbsp

A:Game suddenly freezes with weird colors!

It might be overheating. Does the graphics card fan work and come up to full speed?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/game-suddenly-freezes-with-weird-colors.169551/
Relevancy 21.93%

hello

I just got a new TV and ive connected it to my computer.

Everything worked fine the first day but the second day i got this wierd problem that my screen gets dragged when im playing games or minimizing my browser or other programs...

abit hard to explain but heres a video... Watch what happens when i close google chrome...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C2-driwkdIM

it might be because of my old graphics card which is a ATI radeon 4650

I really hope thats not the problem but if it is its not that big of a deal since ive ordered a new one

thanks for any help provided

A:Screen drags when playing video games or minimizing

Updated video card drivers?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/screen-drags-when-playing-video-games-or-minimizing.170035/
Relevancy 24.51%

I was using the pen drive (a monster 16GB one) in a Net Cafe when suddenly I got a message and it went bonk. I had 16 GB data in it.

Now I brought it to office. Now.

It won't get detected.
Even disk mgt. does not recognize it.
This happens in every computer.
Can't format also. Says No drive.. insert a disk.

It has to be a virus I think since our local Net Cafes are full of viruses. I tried various tools I downloaded but none of them even detect the disk. Other USB Pen drives work in my machine.

It shows the PEN drive with a drive letter (I) in the Windows Explorer but when I double click it, it says Please insert a disk into drive I:.

My OS Is XP Pro V 2002 SP 3.

Is my USB drive kaput??

A:Won't detect pen drive in any computer. Can't format as well

"Is my USB drive kaput??"...

In a word... YES

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/wont-detect-pen-drive-in-any-computer-cant-format-as-well.169101/
Relevancy 22.36%

I drive? a mapped network via Playing CD games ve just recently bought an HP Pavilion dm notebook and unfortunately it doesn t have a CD drive Fortunately I mapped the CD drives from my desktop onto the notebook and can install games over that The down side to that is that some games won t run this way I m guessing it s the copy protection getting in the way But my question is is there a better way to play games via the network as if there s actually a drive in my notebook I d like to play games on my notebook via my desktop s CD drive without interference from the copy protection I ve seen programs like Virtual CloneDrive WinMount Playing games via a mapped network CD drive? and etc but they don t seem to support mapping folders to a virtual Playing games via a mapped network CD drive? CD drive I d like to not use disc images if possible So I suppose I d really just like to use my desktop s CD drive as if it s installed on my notebook in a way that s feasible with games Is this possible Advice is greatly appreciated nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/playing-games-via-a-mapped-network-cd-drive.169602/
Relevancy 22.36%

My mic in TS and Skype mixes together what I'm listening to like music, game sounds, etc., with my speech. I'm using a headset, so I know it's not because of volume. How do I fix this?

A:How to stop mic from playing speaker sounds?

mute your mic in the playback section in your sound options

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-stop-mic-from-playing-speaker-sounds.168846/
Relevancy 22.36%

When I play games on my PC certain sounds a subdued Specifically voice sounds on some games are to quiet even though voice is turned all the way up or they cant be heard at all Any sound playing with Problem while games help is appreciated Thank you DXDIAG Info ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time Problem with sound while playing games of this report Machine name ZACH-PC Operating System Windows Home Premium -bit Build Service Pack win sp gdr - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer System manufacturer System Model System Product Name BIOS BIOS Date Ver Processor Intel R Core TM i - K CPU GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Available OS Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX DX Setup Parameters Not found User DPI Setting Using System DPI System DPI Setting DPI percent DWM DPI Scaling Disabled DxDiag Version bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ Display Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D retail DirectDraw retail DirectInput retail DirectMusic retail DirectPlay retail DirectSound retail DirectShow retail --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name NVIDIA GeForce GTX Manufacturer NVIDIA Chip type GeForce GTX DAC type Integrated RAMDAC Device Key Enum PCI VEN DE amp DEV amp SUBSYS amp REV A Display Memory MB Dedicated Memory MB Shared Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Name Generic PnP Monitor Monitor Model SMS A H Monitor Id SAM CC Native Mode x p Hz Output Type DVI Driver Name nvd dumx dll nvwgf umx dll nvwgf umx dll nvd dum nvwgf um nvwgf um Driver File Version English Driver Version DDI Version Driver Model WDDM Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo d Yes WHQL Date Stamp Device Identifier D B E E- - CF-A - F FC C Vendor ID x DE Device ID x SubSys ID x Revision ID x A Driver Strong Name oem inf NVIDIA SetA Devices NTamd Section ci ven de amp dev Rank Of Driver E Video Accel ModeMPEG A ModeMPEG C ModeVC C ModeWMV C Deinterlace Caps CB - - - E - C DB Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive F F DA - B - B F- D -C E EAAB Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY A A C -C EC- BD - EDE-F C DC B Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch CB - - - E - C DB Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive F F DA - B - B F- D -C E EAAB Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY A A C -C EC- BD - EDE-F C DC B Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch CB - - - E - C DB Format In Out YV x Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive F F DA - B - B F- D -C E EAAB Format In Out YV x Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY A A C -C EC- BD - EDE-F C DC B Format In Out YV x Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out YV x Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOB... Read more

A:Problem with sound while playing games

Is your Creative sound card rather old? Have you tried updating it's drivers from the Creative website?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-with-sound-while-playing-games.169348/
Relevancy 24.08%

Hi guys I want to ask why any game can t launch on my laptop When I launching game its pop-up No suitable graphics card found Could not find a Direct D device that supports the XNA Framework Reach profile Verify that a suitable graphics device is installed Make sure the desktop is not locked and that no other aplication is running in full screen mode Avoid running under Can't Direct3D game, any error launch Remote Desktop or as a Windows service Check the display properties Can't launch any game, error Direct3D to make sure hardware acceleration is set to Full Click to expand And my dxdiag showing ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report Machine name Operating System Windows XP Professional Build Service Pack xpsp sp qfe - Language English Regional Setting Lithuanian System Manufacturer Dell Inc System Model Inspiron BIOS Phoenix ROM BIOS PLUS Version A Processor Intel R Pentium R Dual CPU T GHz CPUs Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C WINXP DirectX Version DirectX DX Setup Parameters Not found DxDiag Version bit Unicode ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ DirectX Files Tab No problems found Display Tab The system is using the generic video driver Please install video driver provided by the hardware manufacturer Direct D functionality not available You should verify that the driver is a final version from the hardware manufacturer Sound Tab No problems found Music Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found Network Tab No problems found -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D n a DirectDraw retail DirectInput n a DirectMusic n a DirectPlay retail DirectSound retail DirectShow retail --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name Manufacturer Chip type DAC type Device Key Enum Display Memory n a Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Monitor Max Res Driver Name vga dll Driver Version Lithuanian DDI Version unknown Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo d Yes WHQL Date Stamp n a VDD n a Mini VDD vga sys Mini VDD Date bytes Device Identifier D B EE - - CF-B - AAEC C Vendor ID x Device ID x SubSys ID x Revision ID x Revision ID x Video Accel Deinterlace Caps n a Registry OK DDraw Status Not Available D D Status Not Available AGP Status Not Available DDraw Test Result Not run D D Test Result Not run D D Test Result Not run D D Test Result Not runClick to expand nbsp

A:Can't launch any game, error Direct3D

It seems that the laptop did not detect your graphic card. Check if the drivers are well installed and if you can try reinstalling them. As in the display devices it shows like nothing connected or driver missing.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-launch-any-game-error-direct3d.168238/
Relevancy 22.36%

Hi guys, new to the forum. My PC specs are on my profile.

So, I have had no problems playing certain .avi video files on my computer, but this evening, for no apparent reason, I tried to play a video and it wouldn't play. Other videos still play, but the ones from my camera do not.

I thought this could have been a codec issue, so I downloaded the latest K-lite Mega codec pack and installed it, but to no avail. An error message came up on Media Player Classic, which can be found here:

imageshack(dot)us/photo/my-images/851/errorvc.jpg/

Your assistance in this matter is highly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

-James

A:Videos not playing, even after updating codec packs

Have you tried using Windows Media Player 11?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/videos-not-playing-even-after-updating-codec-packs.167892/
Relevancy 24.08%

I am running windows 7 on a laptop at work. I would like to use my cruzer micro 16GB but when I put it in it wants me to format. I have information on it that I want kept. My question is will it be wiped out if I format? What can I do? I originally formatted it on a windows vista laptop a couple of years ago.

A:If I format my Sandisk Cruzer 16GB will I lose all of the information on it?

It sounds like something is wrong with your USB drive. To answer your first question: YES, if you format your drive everything will be wiped out.
I found a similar post, http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic161141.html, it's about an external usb hard drive, but I guess the answer applies to your problem too.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/if-i-format-my-sandisk-cruzer-16gb-will-i-lose-all-of-the-information-on-it.167817/
Relevancy 23.65%

I have a gb hard drive that came out an old pc It was running slow and was unable to backup I believe it was running Windows XP and I could not remember if it hard the back up facility prior to formating Unfortunately I took that risk and it started the formating process Luckily I switched it off immediately as soon as I saw that this was happening I to format, boot, 10 need photos kids won't Started of recover years worth have tried booting it back up again but files are missing I have tried booting off a downloadable boot CD Started format, won't boot, need to recover 10 years worth of kids photos and that did not work It is a Western Digital WD EB- CPFO Enhanced IDE Hard Drive I am told I can buy a docking station cheaply off ebay to connect it to my modern pc via USB Is this true and what do I have to buy Also I am told that I cannot just read it like an external USB drive the files will not be visable and need software to interrigate the hard drive once again is this correct This is pretty serious stuff as I need these precious pictures from the birth of my children every holiday etc yes big mistake Any advice would be greatly appreciated Craig nbsp

A:Started format, won't boot, need to recover 10 years worth of kids photos

Did you actually start a format or just start a reinstall of the OS? If it's the latter I would say boot from an Ubuntu disk and recover your files pretty simply. If you actually started a format I'm not sure. Maybe one of the other guys here will have more info on that. There might be some sort of utility you can have on a bootable CD that will scan the disk for recoverable files, but I've been out of that side of things for a while now.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/started-format-wont-boot-need-to-recover-10-years-worth-of-kids-photos.167460/
Relevancy 21.93%

DMA is enabled...

The sound is synced to the voices, but the music seems to be playing slowly. Like in slow motion.

Have tried playing with several different audio players... VLC (VLC default codecs) and k-lite codecs as well...

Any suggestions?

Thanks much..

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/voices-fine-but-music-playing-in-slow-motion-during-dvd-playback.167687/
Relevancy 24.08%

after long hours SD stopped format Serious Card attempts working after problem... of searching i found Serious problem... SD Card stopped working after format attempts this forum and i hope anybody to help me i had a flash memory SDcard Gb Of Samsung Galaxy mobile i was transfering some data from my PC to Mobile Suddenly it stop copying gt gt and the PC amp the Mobile stopped working I restarted the pc and the mobile But found a STRANGE problem every time i try to copy data from PC to SDcard through the reader It copies for second then it stops also i used the USB cable the same problem i tried to format firstly from the mobile But the mobile cannot read the SDcard I tried to format by Windows The PC stop Working I tried to search for hours downloaded so many programs to format it i found quot low level format quot and done after that it appears like a quot Removable disk quot at my computer tried to format it by windows and disk mangment a message pops out quot device media is write-protected quot Afterthat i discovered a Serious problem the reader of my SDcard quot in the normal condition quot while making ANY ACtivity is giving frequent red light but NOW it stops after seconds gt gt of trying to do any activity like formatting And the removable disk Drive completely disappears from my computer the program which i ve used were HDD low level format HP boot drive utility HP usb disk fomat tool All failed ------------- so i came here and iam expecting some help before destructing my sdcard u r my last hope sorry about my bad english and inconvenience Good Night nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/serious-problem-sd-card-stopped-working-after-format-attempts.166921/
Relevancy 24.94%

Hello, i'm currently using a windows XP computer. i was trying to run Google Chrome portable with extensions from the flash drive and some folders on my flash drive suddenly became filled with folders with strange symbols as their names/ When i look at the size of these folders i that they're much bigger than my 2Gb flash drive.

When I try to format it, i get an error message saying "windows was unable to complete the format". what is happening to it? is there any way to fix it?

A:How to format a RAW flash drive?

Free Magic Partition Manager Software - EASEUS Partition Master

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/how-to-format-a-raw-flash-drive.166020/
Relevancy 25.37%

Hi all,

I bought a new drive 2T (Western Digital Caviar Green 2000GB WD20EARS)
I unplugged the old HD (500GB) and plugged the new one. Windows recognized the drive and I see it in my computer. unfortunaly I cannot format it "Windows could not comlete the format.
Can anyone help me to enjoy my new drive?

Thanks

Shaul

A:I cannot format new drive

The drive could be dead.

Delete the partition(s) in Disk Management (in computer management in admin tools control panel) and recreate one. Then do a quick format and see if it completes.

After it formats (or even if it doesn't) you should download Data LifeGuard Diagnostics (WD's diagnostic tool) and check the drive to help verify it is good before you start putting a lot of data on it.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/i-cannot-format-new-drive.166051/