Windows Support Forum

Computer going to sleep when disabled/all programs refuse to respond

Q: Computer going to sleep when disabled/all programs refuse to respond

Hello all.

I have recently began having a problem with my Latitude E6500 laptop.

I have sleep disabled, in power setting and advanced settings. I know where to disable that completely, and up until recently, it was disabled. Since when it goes to sleep it refuses to wake up, I have to force shut down and restart. It mostly does this overnight or when I leave it for longer than an hour.

I downloaded a program called "Insomnia" that keeps the computer active so it doesn't go to sleep. This program works, but when I get to my computer, everything refuses to respond. Firefox, Steam, and when I click anywhere, explorer stops responding. Like the entire system locks up after a certain amount of time. So.. the lights (monitor) are on, but nobody's home for my computer.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Computer going to sleep when disabled/all programs refuse to respond

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Computer going to sleep when disabled/all programs refuse to respond

Hi, I would suggest you to check allow this device to wake the computer have a tick.

Here are the steps:
1. Click Start, type Device manager in the search box.
2. Go to Device manager.
3. Click on keyboard, it will display your keyboard, right click and go to properties.
4. Select Power management.
5. Check Allow this device to wake the computer.

Follow the same procedure for mouse, restart the computer and check if it works properly.
I also suggest you to update your display drivers, you can logon to the manufacturers website and download the latest drivers and install.
For more information:
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/266283

Also I suggest you to run the Power troubleshooter to adjust your computer's power settings, and check if it works properly.

Here are the steps:

1. Open the Power troubleshooter by clicking the Start button, and then clicking Control Panel.
2. In the search box, type troubleshooter, and then click Troubleshooting.
3. Under System and Security, click Improve power usage.

If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

For more information, logon to:
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/Open-the-Power-troubleshooter
http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/Sleep-and-hibernation-frequently-asked-questions

If the issue persists, please collect the Power Efficiency Report for further analysis.

Hope this helps.

John

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/307030-computer-going-sleep-when-disabled-all-programs-refuse-respond.html
Relevancy 65.79%

Hello - I hope I am posting this in the right forum.  My computer that runs Windows 7 keeps freezing.  During this time, the "hour glass" runs and runs and programs (Word, etc.) and the internet (Firefox) say "not responding."  Any advice and assistance will be greatly appreciated!

A:Computer Freezes; Programs/Internet Don't Respond - Please help

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.
 Checkmark the following checkboxes:  List last 10 Event Viewer log  List Installed Programs  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
 Click Go and paste the content into your next post.
 Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/558304/computer-freezes;-programsinternet-dont-respond-please-help/
Relevancy 65.79%

For the opening own to Computer programs respond, slow on their last week I've been having a lot of problems with my computer It started with the mouse pointer freezing and jumping Programs task manager new internet tabs will open by themselves while I'm not even touching the computer Cpu usage jumps to very high randomly and now windows barely responds It's very slow at times and if a program responds at all it'll take several minutes When in IE or FF I can't click on drop down menus and can only access them through tabs The computer isn't frozen I can access other Computer slow to respond, programs opening on their own programs and if I used task manager to switch back to unresponsive program it'll work sometimes for a couple minutes sometimes only until the next mouse click I tried doing a computer scan avg but it didn't find anything I tried reformatting it and reinstalling windows but I immediately had the same problems Does anyone know what could be causing this and what I can do to fix it

A:Computer slow to respond, programs opening on their own

Weird that it would do it straight after you reformatted unless you had a virus reformatted then reinstalled programs again and infected yourself with the same virus.
whats your system specs??
go to task manager,,, then processes tab/// down the bottom it will tell you how many processesd are running and tell me.... Also try closing down all unnecesary processes in the processes tab/ (the ones that say there in your name and not system)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/computer-slow-to-respond-programs-opening-on-their-own-287390.html
Relevancy 65.79%

HI Please check my log because my computer respond very late to open my computer folder programs etc I have spybot s amp d and adaware se installed and updated and programs etc, to computer respond late check log. run run regularly Logfile of HijackThis v Scan computer respond late to run programs etc, check log. saved at Amir on Platform Windows SE Win x A computer respond late to run programs etc, check log. MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Running processes C WINDOWS SYSTEM KERNEL DLL C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSGSRV EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM MPREXE EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM mmtask tsk C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSTASK EXE C PROGRAM FILES COMMON FILES SYMANTEC SHARED CCEVTMGR EXE C PROGRAM FILES COMMON FILES SYMANTEC SHARED CCSETMGR EXE C PROGRAM FILES COMMON FILES SYMANTEC SHARED SYMTRAY EXE C PROGRAM FILES NORTON SYSTEMWORKS NORTON UTILITIES NPROTECT EXE C WINDOWS EXPLORER EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM RPCSS EXE C WINDOWS TASKMON EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM SYSTRAY EXE C WINDOWS MIXER EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM KHOOKER EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM CHTVINIT EXE C WINDOWS LOADQM EXE C PROGRAM FILES BABYLON BABYLON EXE C PROGRAM FILES COMMON FILES SYMANTEC SHARED CCAPP EXE C PROGRAM FILES COMMON FILES SYMANTEC SHARED CCPD-LC SYMLCSVC EXE C WINDOWS RUNDLL EXE C PROGRAM FILES ACTIVE SMART ACTIVESMART EXE computer respond late to run programs etc, check log. C WINDOWS SYSTEM WMIEXE EXE C PROGRAM FILES HEWLETT-PACKARD HP OFFICEJET G SERIES FRU REMIND EXE C PROGRAM FILES BABYLON utils shlhook exe C PROGRAM FILES COMMON FILES SYMANTEC SHARED SNDSRVC EXE C PROGRAM FILES MEMORYBOOST MEMORYBOOST EXE C PROGRAM FILES STARDOCK OBJECT DESKTOP WINDOWBLINDS WBLOAD EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM DDHELP EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM RNAAPP EXE C WINDOWS SYSTEM TAPISRV EXE C PROGRAM FILES MOZILLA FIREFOX FIREFOX EXE C PROGRAM FILES REAL REALPLAYER REALPLAY EXE C PROGRAM FILES REAL REALPLAYER REALPLAY EXE C PROGRAM FILES SPYBOT - SEARCH amp DESTROY SPYBOTSD EXE C PROGRAM FILES REAL REALPLAYER REALPLAY EXE C PROGRAM FILES COMMON FILES REAL UPDATE OB REALSCHED EXE C PROGRAM FILES REAL REALPLAYER REALPLAY EXE C MY DOCUMENTS HIJACK THIS HIJACKTHIS EXE R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default D N - Netscape user pref quot browser startup homepage quot quot http www mozilla org start quot C WINDOWS Application Data Mozilla Profiles default veyxy slt prefs js N - Netscape user pref quot browser search defaultengine quot quot engine C A CPROGRAM FILES CMOZILLA ORG CMOZILLA Csearchplugins Cgoogle src quot C WINDOWS Application Data Mozilla Profiles default veyxy slt prefs js O - BHO IeCatch Class - A -E CA- D - CD - D B - C PROGRAM FILES FLASHGET JCCATCH DLL O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - D PROGRAM FILES ADOBE ACROBAT READER ACTIVEX ACROIEHELPER DLL O - BHO no name - - F - D - - D F - C PROGRA SPYBOT SDHELPER DLL O - BHO WsftpBrowserHelper Class - ED -FB C- D - D - DA B - C PROGRAM FILES IPSWITCH WS FTP PRO WSBHO K DLL O - BHO MSNToolBandBHO - BDBD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C PROGRAM FILES MSN APPS MSN TOOLBAR EN-US MSNTB DLL O - BHO ST - EDE -C B - E- - BF AF E - C PROGRAM FILES MSN APPS ST EN-XU STMAIN DLL O - BHO no name - C B A - DB - A -A CB-D BBFEB - no file O - BHO YahooTaggedBM Class - D A - CA - B-BB - D EFB A - C PROGRAM FILES YAHOO COMMON YIETAGBM DLL O - BHO UberButton Class - BAB B B- BC- B - D - FC DE A - C PROGRAM FILES YAHOO COMMON YIESRVC DLL O - BHO NAV Helper - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - BHO PBlockHelper Class - B- FF- DD - -F BEDE EB - C PROGRAM FILES WOL SUPER SPEED PBHELPER DLL O - Toolbar FlashGet Bar - E E AB-F - D - D - BA E - C PROGRAM FILES FLASHGET FGIEBAR DLL O - Toolbar amp Radio - E - F- D - E- A C - C WINDOWS SYSTEM MSDXM OCX O - Toolbar MSN - BDAD DAD-C - A -ADC - B B FF D - C PROGRAM FILES MSN APPS MSN TOOLBAR EN-US MSNTB DLL O - Toolbar Norton AntiVirus - CDD BF- FFB- - AD - DF B D - C Program Files Norton SystemWorks Norton AntiVirus NavShExt dll O - HKLM Run ScanRegistry C WINDO... Read more

A:computer respond late to run programs etc, check log.

Hi...
Looks like the culprit is this TrojanDownloader.Win32.Agent.kf

Have "Hijack This" fix all the following items in the list below by placing a check in the appropriate boxes.Confirm that you have only the listed ones checked, then press <Fix checked> and Close HJT.

O9 - Extra button: Microsoft AntiSpyware helper - {BE3D9F20-C297-11D9-B6ED-009027344297} - (no file) (HKCU)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Microsoft AntiSpyware helper - {BE3D9F20-C297-11D9-B6ED-009027344297} - (no file) (HKCU)

Post a fresh log when done.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/computer-respond-late-to-run-programs-etc-check-log-68742.html
Relevancy 65.79%

The specific irritation be to Disabled Refuse System Sounds I am dealing with at the moment is the fact that I have not opened System Sounds Refuse to be Disabled Outlook on my laptop in well a long time So now I have a tonne of new email notifications pouring in and they will not shut up First I tried setting the Windows New Mail Notification to 'no sound' no effect I restarted Outlook with no effect I restarted my PC with no effect Next I tried disabling all the system sounds no effect Again I restarted Outlook and the PC with no effect Then I remembered to check Outlook's localised settings and unselected 'play a sound' no effect Once again I restarted Outlook and the PC with no effect Also this problem is not isolated to Outlook because after each system restart other system alert sounds have made noise I am at a complete loss I could simply mute the sound but I am trying to watch some DVDs This is in fact an old problem that I could not be bothered resolving previously but now I want it fixed

A:System Sounds Refuse to be Disabled

Disabling (no systems sounds) should take care of it. That is how I have my PC set as I also use it for my recording studio. I have Outlook 2003 and I don't get any incoming mail sounds, or any other Windows sounds.

This is my setup:

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/337777-system-sounds-refuse-disabled.html
Relevancy 63.21%

Ok, so we use a computer remotely to access certain things on a server that we have at another location. Logmein is what we use to get on. For some reason, the computer keeps going into a sleep / hibernate state (blinking green light) and then when you hit the power button it comes back up right away from sleep. This is getting really annoying.

I changed the power settings to always be on, disabled hibernation mode and it is still doing it! What could I be missing that this computer keeps going offline after a couple hours and goes to sleep? It doesn't make any sense that it is doing it.

Can someone please help me figure this out?

A:Computer keeps going into Hibernate / Sleep even when disabled!

Does this occur at a particular interval or at random?

The Windows Operating System installed on this computer?

Have you also tried this?

Right-click on your desktop Screen > Properties > Screen Saver > Power button > Change the power scheme option to "Home/Office Desk" > OK > exit the window

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/392919/computer-keeps-going-into-hibernate-sleep-even-when-disabled/
Relevancy 61.49%

I am run Certain to refuse programs having issues with a few programs namely Google Chrome IE and Windows Media Player that just plain refuse to run Every time I try to open any of them I get the quot a Certain programs refuse to run problem has caused the program to stop working correctly quot message so I have to hit the quot close quot link I have tried fixing this issue with iolo s System Mechanic but it doesn t work I always keep all my programs as well as my OS updated so Certain programs refuse to run I don t think that s the issue and I have tried uninstalling and re-installing Chrome and IE but to no avail All other programs work just fine I have scoured Google far and wide but have yet to find the answer to my problem Any suggestions Specs -Acer Aspire running GHz AMD Athlon Certain programs refuse to run x Dual Core Processor - GB RAM -Windows Home Premium bit Programs I usually have running -Comodo Internet Security -Zemana Antilogger Free -ExploitShield -Secunia PSI

A:Certain programs refuse to run

Please remove System Mechanic from your system.Then...Start/Run...type chkdsk /r and hit Enter. Type Y in new screen and and hit Enter. Reboot, the command will run before booting into Windows.Then...Please download MiniToolBox , save it to your desktop and run it.Checkmark the following checkboxes: List last 10 Event Viewer log List Installed Programs List Users, Partitions and Memory size.Click Go and paste the content into your next post.Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 .Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/477766/certain-programs-refuse-to-run/
Relevancy 61.49%

Update Disable Windows Media Center in the quot Turn Windows Features On Of Manager quot Fixed it Be sure to reboot when it asks Hello Everyone I'm new to these forums so please forgive if this is in Wakes Computer am Daily Sleep? Timers 7:04:52 at From Disabled, Wake the wrong place I was unsure if this fell in another category please feel free to move it Ok Here's my issue my laptop has started to randomly waking from sleep every morning at I have walked the dirt path of Google searching for answers and Wake Timers Disabled, Computer Wakes at 7:04:52 am Daily From Sleep? have tried everything I could possibly find that is even REMOTELY related to my problem Nothing on my Laptop has changed and it has just started this problem It's VERY annoying and I'm at my whits end trying to find out what's causing it Here's what I've tried tweaked confirmed - Confirmed that Wake Timers are Disabled - Fought with this on other various machines first thing I checked - Ethernet Wake on LAN is Disabled Laptop is only ever on WiFi Anyway - Wireless Adapter's quot Allow Device to Wake this computer quot is also disabled and always has been - Windows Media Center's Update Service is disabled since I do not use WMC - Went into the Command Prompt and ran quot powercfg -lastwake quot and was told it was the quot ACPI Lid quot which is what I was also told in Event Viewer for each event occasion that this has happened - I've also checked to see if it was Windows Update but it's settings have never changed and if it was WU it would wake up at am instead - Checked to see what devices have the ability to wake the computer and it was my mouse keyboard and touchpad Tried all of that and nothing worked It would still wake on it's own If I awoke it from sleep I had to push the power button I turned them back to allow since they had no effect I know that it saying that the quot Lid quot is waking the computer is BS If it was a bad Lid Switch it would be random I can also Change the System Time to am and put it to sleep and within - seconds of the listed in the log it wakes up WTF Anyone had this issue before or have any other suggestions Is there anyway to sort the Task Scheduler by time or by quot Wake computer to perform quot without going through the entire thing manually I have tried SO many things to solve it that I more than likely have missed listing something please ask if you have any questions Thanks in Advance

A:Wake Timers Disabled, Computer Wakes at 7:04:52 am Daily From Sleep?

Bump....

No one has any clue? Not even an Admin with over 100 views....?

I was hoping that SOMEONE had encountered this before and found a fix.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/339717-wake-timers-disabled-computer-wakes-7-04-52-am-daily-sleep.html
Relevancy 61.06%

Hello everyone I got a very strange problem to Programs Certain refuse launch which nobody else seems to have had before Some programs cannot be started normally If I open them they usually close themselves within a few seconds The Certain Programs refuse to launch cursor indicates some loading and the current explorer windows loses focus - it looks like a Certain Programs refuse to launch new window is opening any second But nothing happens The process is shown in the Taskmanager but only for a few seconds Now if I use Windows compatibility mode and only on this mode it suddenly works All other modes don't but Win does - the programms now start correctly but the programs think they are running on Win so some features don't work These programs aren't working in that manner so far Google Earth Teamspeak Mumble Origin There are probably more Origin is interesting Some months ago I used Sandboxie to launch it which made it work even without compatibility mode But after some update of Origin I cannot run it that way anymore Win mode works of course - but then I cannot install or play Games which require Windows It's really strange that these programs all show the same symptoms I guess I have killed some driver or something but sfc scannow says all is fine So anybody got an idea

A:Certain Programs refuse to launch

Welcome to the forums! Well, I was going to suggest a sfc/scannow but I see you're already ran it. How long have you had this problem? Is it "new"? If so, have you considered a system restore to a point before this started? Have you tried uninstalling the affected programs and reinstalling them?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/308983-certain-programs-refuse-launch.html
Relevancy 61.06%

NOOOOOooooo, just this second, i went to start Microsoft Word 2010 and nothing happened, and this happens with every program, and the only way i can use the program is if i run as admin.

this is on my laptop,

Intel Celeron 900, 2.2GHz,
2GB DDR2 RAM,
160GB HDD,
Integrated Intel GMA X4500

had it for 2 years now.

A:HELP!!, my programs refuse to start.

Have you perchance accidentally changed your UAC settings?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/help-my-programs-refuse-to-start-546226.html
Relevancy 60.2%

Hi everybody

I installed Ashapmoo Office Trial Version. I unstalled it but when i right click on my desktop and move my pointer to "New" I get this goddamed Ashampoo Planmaker and Textmaker along with other usual items. Does anybody know how to get rid of them?

A:Uninstalled programs refuse to leave my PC

Reboot into safe mode and delete the program Folder

http://www.sevenforums.com/software/265324-uninstalled-programs-refuse-leave-my-pc.html
Relevancy 60.2%

I keep having programs hanging, and then refusing to be killed, no matter how often I say end process or kill process they don't go anywhere.

I've done virus scans and everythings fine, I've done disk checks and everythings fine, but still it seems like somethings wrong with my pc!!! =(

When I shut down, Windows hangs on 'windows is shutting down' then when I push hard reset I either get message 'bios settings are wrong, press f1 to configure bios'
or 'overclocking failed! press f1 to...' i dont remember the rest on that one.

I've got sp2. thats the only solution ive found in regards to windows shutting down...

Programs that have worked before often refuse to start up or crash immediately... No matter wat I do my pc is determined to **** my asss.

wtf is wrong with my stupid microsoft piece of junk?

A:Programs hang, refuse to be killed

If you have over-clocked the processor, I would reverse that immediately.

find the Event Viewer (cp->admin tools->Event Viewer)
Look in the Application tree. Find the application, double click that row,
then click the little book on the right (which is a COPY of the data)

Come back to this post and add a feedback with the PASTEd data.

You can also click the link to access Microsoft with the details.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/programs-hang-refuse-to-be-killed.111670/
Relevancy 60.2%

I am having this weird problem where when Vista has finished loading programs don't load, for example if I click on an avi it doesn't play or if I click on MSN / Trillian nothing happens, this happens with quite a few things, although other things never get affected like loading Firefox.

When this happens I have to reboot up to 5 or 6 times before things work. Once things do work then they don't play up till I shut down again.

Any help would be appreciated please

A:Programs refuse to start, need a few reboots

When you say 'don't load', do you just mean the GUI or the process?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/programs-refuse-to-start-need-a-few-reboots.740294/
Relevancy 59.77%

Recently my computer had a blue screen of death. When it restarted, a variety of programs failed to boot properly, merely giving a "has stopped working" error when they attempt to load. The contents of these error messages are similar; here's one:

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
Application Name: iTunes.exe
Application Version: 11.0.2.25
Application Timestamp: 5122bf96
Fault Module Name: WININET.dll
Fault Module Version: 10.0.9200.16521
Fault Module Timestamp: 51207800
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Offset: 00142147
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 0a9e
Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
Additional Information 3: 0a9e
Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

My web browsers either don't work or crash if I try to download any files. Does anyone have an idea what's going on with my computer?

A:Many programs refuse to run with APPRCRASH/wininet.dll errors.

Hi Beo and welcome to the Forum.
First off if you Google this error you will see"cures" by downloading third party Registry type cleaners. Resist the temptaion to go down this road, it will likely cause more probelms than you have now.
First off have look and see if you have a system restore point to a day before this first happened. If so do a System Restore.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/281197-many-programs-refuse-run-apprcrash-wininet-dll-errors.html
Relevancy 58.48%

Hello all sincere thanks to all those who sluggish Apparent run antivirus programs to virus, performance, refuse take Apparent virus, sluggish performance, antivirus programs refuse to run time to help people on this forum My win system is acting up very very badly I recently ran my avast full scan and came up with the sality virus and ran the specific AVG removal tool exe which I believe days ago said it was clear then use the computer for a few days and updated Avast before doing a system reboot also did a malwarebytes can and an adaware scan as well which both came back clean before rebooting Reboot took about minutes very scary And sure enough things are very sluggish I have no apparent internet access websites just load forever I am seemingly locked out of admin access cannot rename antivirus files so they would hopefully run folders on desktop reliably require a double set of double-clicks to open and are sluggish antivirus programs either fail to launch completely mbam Avast adware or Superantispyware slowwly loading up minute wait and then constantly hanging failing to respond at its update reminder screen Hijackthis does work yet gives me a message I've never seen about not being able to scan host files When I run the command line like instructed by hijackthis it seems to just give me a stock sample HOSTS file Right now I am not in safemode should I immediatley reboot and retry antivirus programs I am going to attach some images of my hijack this log I have managed to actually get to the second screen of superantispyware and am hoping I can get it to actually do a quick scan Seems like a very faint chance at best it keeps hanging for - minutes at a time I worry that trying to restart into safemode will allow the virus to progress further or am I just a complete idiot Other odd things are how most programs are extremely sluggish yet mozilla and chrome load up almost instantly yet fail to load any webpages Before I restarted I was trying to access a SD card using the built in SD card reader on my Dell XPS desktop and it would not come up whatsoever which is what prompted my restart initially

A:Apparent virus, sluggish performance, antivirus programs refuse to run

very sorry to reply to my own thread, just wanted to add two additional photos of what the Hijackthis instructions generated and also my task manager. Task manager is also extremely snappy and is not running sluggishly like most things...

Exciting, bizarre updates...

Starting up a VLC file seemingly changed things.. For one, I have system sound but cannot get VLC to produce any sound, or register on the mixer. Avast suddenly loaded and I am now running a quick scan and also Superantispyware is also running a scan and is now showing me 231 detected threats FFS after only 2 and a half minutes running... And now I have internet access again with websites loading snappily yet youtube videos refusing to load...... All 231 were ad tracking cookies and I have a log.. NOw hijackthis runs normally without that additional request I've never seen.

What ze hell is going on?

Another update: was typing another response on the infected system when I decided to attempt renaming Mbam.exe to see if I had admin access... This caused the computer has seemingly locked up for five minutes now with a nice audio error (Errrrrrrr sound) and no movement of the mouse, no signs of life. I figure let it sit for at least 15 or 20 before hard reseting into safemode?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/614247/apparent-virus-sluggish-performance-antivirus-programs-refuse-to-run/
Relevancy 58.05%

I have a W520 running Windows 7 Professional. Just recently, my laptop has been going into sleep mode after being idle for about 2-4 minutes (the time is not consistent). My power management is set to "high performance". Put the computer to sleep is set to "Never". The advanced power settings are:Sleep afterOn battery: NeverPlugged in: NeverAllow hybrid sleepOn battery: OffPlugged in: OffHibernate afterOn battery: NeverPlugged in: NeverAllow wake timersOn battery: DisablePlugged in: DisableDoes anybody have an idea of why my laptop goes into sleep mode after 2-4 minutes? Is this a software or hardware problem?

A:W520 entering sleep mode but sleep disabled in pow...

Hi KnightCa,

Welcome to Lenovo Community Forums!

I'm really sorry to hear that your Lenovo W520 goes into sleep mode even after it has been disabled in Power management.

Go to Control panel - - >Power Options - - >Change plan settings (Choose the Power plan that you have selected) - - >Change advanced power settings - - >Adjust the settings under sleep and display as shown below.

Also, try doing a windows update and reinstallation of Power manager in your system.

If the above said didn?t help, try doing a registry editing.

1. Open the Start Menu. 2. In the white line (Start Search) area, type regedit and press Enter. 3. If prompted, click on Continue in the prompt. 4. In regedit, go to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Power\PowerSettings\238C9FA8-0AAD-41ED-83F4-97BE242C8F20\7bc4a2f9-d8fc-4469-b07b-33eb785aaca0\DefaultPowerSchemeValues.

5. Expand DefaultPowerSchemeValues and Click on the key that is for the Power Plan that you want to change the wait time (Refer the table below)

Spoiler (Highlight to read)
6. In the right pane, right click on ACSettingIndex (while on AC power) or DCSettingIndex (while on battery power) and click on Modify.

7. Choose Decimal, and type in how many seconds you want Windows to wait to go back to sleep automatically after an unattended wakeup.

Spoiler (Highlight to read)
8. Close regedit. 9. Restart the computer to apply.

Hope this helps and do post back with the results. Expecting to hear from you soon.

Best Regards,
Mithun.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-P-and-W-Series-Mobile/W520-entering-sleep-mode-but-sleep-disabled-in-power-mgmt/td-p/1267351
Relevancy 58.05%

Just bought a new PC with Vista. After resuming from Sleep, USB keyboard usually won't work and have also had error messages that USB cable to modem is not connected (even though it is). Is this likely to be a Windows problem or my hardware? Means Sleep function is more or less unusable on this computer. I've no experience of dealing with this, having moved straight to Vista from Win 98SE. Thanks for any help.

Relevancy 58.05%

I have a 1 year old Gateway desktop running Windows 7 home premium with 4gb ram. Sometimes, when I am working and the system may be idle for 15 min or so, the monitor will go into sleep mode. It shows no signal, and no keyboard action will awaken it. I have the power settings to never turn off and the screen saver is off as well. I swapped out the monitor with another and it did the same thing, so I think I have eliminated hardware. I then went to the device mgr and attempted a driver update, which said I had the latest driver. The only way it will come back on is to cold boot the system. BTW, I have reseated the video cable as well. Also, when this happens, the keyboard is dead as well.
Thanks

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/monitor-goes-to-sleep-and-wont-respond.1011074/
Relevancy 58.05%

I just "upgraded" my HP Pavilion HPE h8-1260t to Windows 10 from 7 Pro.  The upgrade went without problems, but now it won't respond after being left on all night.  It requires a hard boot to restart, although the mouse is still functional and the display comes back up.  I have upgraded drivers for the mouse and keyboard, changed the Power Management to shut down the display, but set the other Sleep option to "Never".  What did I miss?  BTW it is on all day and comes back up normally after a few hours unused.  The display shuts down after 15 minutes but comes back normally. Any suggestions are appriciated. Thanks

Solved!
View Solution.

A:Windows 10 sleep set to Never, but won't respond after a nig...

Hello, Thank you for posting in the HP Support forum. Welcome ! Based on the information here, your computer does not officially support Windows 10 - supported are only Windows 7 and Windows 8/8.1 for this device. This means HP hasn't officially released drivers for your computer and may not officially support issues that occur under Win 10 for this device. Your options are: - return back to the previous operating system - e.g. Windows 7. Windows 7 is stable OS and will be supported by Microsoft until 2020. Here is how to get back to previous version (can be done the easy way up to 30 days post-upgrade)>> http://www.pcworld.com/article/2960692/windows/how-to-uninstall-windows-10-and-go-back-to-windows-7-or-8.html>> http://www.howtogeek.com/220723/how-to-uninstall-windows-10-and-downgrade-to-windows-7-or-8.1/ or - keep using Windows 10 even though not officially supported.Try to use HP Support Assistant to see if it will offer you any driver updates - it is not only mouse drives but chipset, video card, etc... Instructions and download information can be found here >> http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03467905Ensure all your Windows Updates are appliedCheck out this article >> http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c03408309  Please, provide feedback and let me know if this helps. Do not hesitate to post again. 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/Windows-10-sleep-set-to-Never-but-won-t-respond-after-a/td-p/5691459
Relevancy 58.05%

I have a year old Gateway desktop running Windows home premium with gb ram Sometimes when I am working and the system may be idle for min or so the monitor will go into sleep mode It shows no signal and no keyboard action will awaken it I have the power settings to never turn off and the screen saver is off as well I swapped out the monitor with another and it did the same thing so I think I have eliminated hardware I then went to the device mgr and attempted a driver update which said I had the latest driver The only way it will come back on is to cold boot the system BTW I have reseated the video cable as well I have looked at the m b and all looks ok No bulging capacitors or to and goes respond sleep won't Monitor excessive dust on processor etc Keep in mind that when this monitor goes to sleep the system is still operating correctly with fans running and the power light is on steady No matter what I do to try to wake up the monitor is is not responsive I have to hold down the power button on the tower for a few seconds to shut it down I then wait a few Monitor goes to sleep and won't respond minutes and bring Monitor goes to sleep and won't respond the system back on Also when this happens the keyboard is dead as well Thanks nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/monitor-goes-to-sleep-and-wont-respond.168937/
Relevancy 57.62%

Hi i just joined this board and thought i should submit a problem i have with having my desktop respond from sleep mode. It seems that when i press either the enter key the hard drive responds and the power light goes on but nothing is shown on the monitor. In other words the monitor is blank. I hit the power button and it reboots. I'll get a message saying Windows is rebooting but still nothing on the screen so i manually reboot it. This doesn't seem normal to me. I have windows 7 on my laptop also and that wakes up just fine so i think i'm missing a setting or two.

btw this is a nice board with some good help.

A:My desktop won't respond from Sleep mode

still nothing on the screen so i manually reboot it.Does it work after that?Corrupt video drivers do not play nice with hibernate/standbyYou might want to try replacing your video driver

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/283388/my-desktop-wont-respond-from-sleep-mode/
Relevancy 57.19%

Hello this is the second post this week due to screwed up crap happening on my Improperly, Disabled Action, Loading In Is Freezing Programs Computer laptop What happened was I installed ESET Security System and I noticed my RAM was clocking at anywhere from up to which is weird since I maxed out my RAM at GB and I don't understand the system drain Then the computer started freezing up when I tried to open programs so I have to turn it off and then turn it back on My Aimersoft Converter and Burner Computer Is Freezing In Action, Loading Improperly, Programs Disabled won't burn anything it just moves the file to another file broken up into parts It also loads funny because once it is started sometimes the programs are those pieces of paper with the corner folded and you cannot access them which again requires a reboot Now I restart the computer and a windows says something like it didn't start or shutdown correctly and it will correct it It does for a few reboots but it doesn't fix the random problems Computer Is Freezing In Action, Loading Improperly, Programs Disabled I've stated above and just goes back Computer Is Freezing In Action, Loading Improperly, Programs Disabled to the screwed up crap I think either I installed something I shouldn't have or my registry is screwed I use CCleaner and Ace Utilities and dll Files Fixer claimed I had registry errors--whatever I think that program is full of it I could restore back a month and half ago but I lost my Office then I'm done with computers lol every month it is something else Any help is appreciated welcomed and I hope I can fix it if not I'm screwed Thanks in advance

A:Computer Is Freezing In Action, Loading Improperly, Programs Disabled

Can you boot to Safe Mode with Networking ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/297488-computer-freezing-action-loading-improperly-programs-disabled.html
Relevancy 56.76%

I have a Razer Copperhead USB Mouse.

Specs of my desktop can be found here: TechComet: My Gadgets

Basically, I put my desktop to sleep (using S3-STR) and when I wake it up my moues does not respond for about 15-30 s after which it works fine. I am running Windows 7.

I have no other problems with my system, my keyboard responds fine and I have all necessary drivers installed.

I have no idea why this is happening and the fact that my computer resumes from sleep in 2 seconds is great, but not when I have to wait another 30 for the mouse to work!

Any ideas?

A:USB Mouse slow to respond after wake from Sleep

Welcome

Did you check for new drivers?
Are drivers working properly?

Did you experiment with another mouse?

Go to device manager, to check drivers. A yellow warining marker will inidcate problems. It will not show if it is the most current, however.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/64872-usb-mouse-slow-respond-after-wake-sleep.html
Relevancy 56.76%

I recently re-installed Win7 Prox X64 on my PC.
MB is Gigabyte GA-M875GMT-UD2h.
Now when I put PC into sleep mode it does not respond to the mouse or keyboard.
I have to use the power button which causes what looks like a boot up sequence but the says "Resuming Windows"
Nothing in the BIOS has been changed. The S3 setting for Mouse and Keyboard are enabled.

Not a train smash, but it is annoying.

A:PC in sleep mode will not respond to mouse or keyboard

Is this your Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. GA-MA785GMT-UD2H

Have you tried the 'Esc' key?

USB keyboard and mouse?
Are they enabled in the BIOS, 'USB Keyboard Support' and 'USB Mouse Support'?

EDIT: this is from your motherboard manual.

Quote:
Power On By Mouse
Allows the system to be turned on by a PS/2 mouse wake-up event.
Note: To use this function, you need an ATX power supply providing at least 1A on the +5VSB lead.
Disabled Disables this function. (Default)
Double Click Double click on left button on the PS/2 mouse to turn on the system.

Power On By Keyboard
Allows the system to be turned on by a PS/2 keyboard wake-up event.
Note: you need an ATX power supply providing at least 1A on the +5VSB lead.
Disabled Disables this function. (Default)
Password Set a password with 1~5 characters to turn on the system.
Any KEY Press any key on the keyboard to turn on the system.
Keyboard 98 Press POWER button on the Windows 98 keyboard to turn on the system.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/231693-pc-sleep-mode-will-not-respond-mouse-keyboard.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Hi I have been experiencing problems with my computer that are beyond me I have run every program that I own from spyware etc The virus or whatever it is has been disabling my firewall and completely shutdown my AVG anti-virus where it will no longer start I have attempted to do system restore with no success My computer keeps freezing as well and refusing to start programs My internet explorer and firefox will also crash hijacktthis acting programs up, refusing freezing, getting log- to start disabled and computer consistently Thank you for any help you hijacktthis log- computer acting up, freezing, programs getting disabled and refusing to start can give Here is my hijackthis file Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C WINDOWS System smss exeC WINDOWS system winlogon exeC WINDOWS system services exeC WINDOWS system lsass exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC WINDOWS system svchost exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC WINDOWS hijacktthis log- computer acting up, freezing, programs getting disabled and refusing to start system ZoneLabs vsmon exeC WINDOWS system Ati evxx exeC Program Files Lavasoft Ad-Aware aawservice exeC WINDOWS system spoolsv exeC Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exeC WINDOWS system CTsvcCDA EXEC Program Files Common Files Nero Nero BackItUp NBService exeC WINDOWS system HPZipm exeC Program Files Spyware Terminator sp rsser exeC WINDOWS Explorer EXEC WINDOWS system svchost exeC Program Files Canon CAL CALMAIN exeC WINDOWS System svchost exeC Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exeC Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm MailFrontier mantispm exeC Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exeR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com hijacktthis log- computer acting up, freezing, programs getting disabled and refusing to start fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a amp pf desktopR - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyServer actsvr comcastonline com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride actsvr comcastonline comO - BHO C WINDOWS system kjsdiowq oikf dll - B BA A - F - BD-F - A C - C WINDOWS system kjsdiowq oikf dllO - Toolbar AVG Security Toolbar - A A -BACC- D - - A E E - C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtoolbar dll file missing O - HKLM Run ZoneAlarm Client quot C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe quot O - S- - - Startup Pin lnk C hp bin CLOAKER EXE User 'SYSTEM' O - DEFAULT Startup Pin lnk C hp bin CLOAKER EXE User 'Default user' O - DEFAULT User Startup Pin lnk C hp bin CLOAKER EXE User 'Default user' O - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Policies System DisableRegedit O - Extra button no name - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem Sun Java Console - B E C - FCB- CF-AAA - C - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dllO - Extra button Send to OneNote - A- - f c- - EE C C - C PROGRA MICROS Office ONBttnIE dllO - Extra 'Tools' menuitem S amp end to OneNote - A- - f c- - EE C C - C PROGRA MICROS Office ONBttnIE dllO - Extra button Create Mobile Favorite - EAF BB - F- D - - C FAE D F - C PROGRA Microsoft ActiveSync INetRepl dllO - Extra button no name - EAF BB - F- D - - C FAE D F - C PROGRA Microsoft ActiveSync INetRepl dllO - Extra 'T... Read more

A:hijacktthis log- computer acting up, freezing, programs getting disabled and refusing to start

Hello, my name is fenzodahl512 and welcome to Bleeping Computer.. Please do the following....Please download The Comedian.exe to your desktopDouble click the program to run it. It will only take around several minutes to run.It will do a series of tasks and tell you when each one is finished.You will be prompted to press any key after each stepWhen it is done it will close and exit itself automatically.You can delete The_Comedian.exe once it is finishedNEXTPlease download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware from HERE or HERENote: If you already have Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, just run and update it.. Then do a "Perform Full Scan"Double Click mbam-setup.exe to install the application.Make sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish.If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version.Once the program has loaded, select "Perform Full Scan", then click Scan.The scan may take some time to finish,so please be patient.When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results.Make sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected.When disinfection is completed, a log will open in Notepad and you may be prompted to Restart.(See Extra Note)The log is automatically saved by MBAM and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.Copy&Paste the entire report in your next reply.Extra Note:If MBAM encounters a file that is difficult to remove,you will be presented with 1 of 2 prompts,click OK to either and let MBAM proceed with the disinfection process,if asked to restart the computer,please do so immediately.NEXTPlease download RSIT by random/random and save it to your Desktop.Double click on RSIT.exe to run RSITBefore you click "Continue", make sure you change the List files/folders created or modified in the last 3 monthsClick Continue at the disclaimer screen.Once it has finished, two logs will open. Please post the contents of both log.txt and info.txt in your next reply.NEXTPlease download GMER and unzip it to your Desktop. <<mirror>>If you see "random" name, just leave it.. If you see "GMER", please rename GMER into GAMERSOpen the renamed program and click on the Rootkit tab.Make sure all the boxes on the right of the screen are checked, EXCEPT for ?Show All?.Click on Scan.When the scan has run click Copy and paste the results into a Notepad >> save it and attach in this thread.IMPORTANT: Do NOT run any program while you are doing these scans as it may interfere with the output resultsPost me these logs in your next reply.. Post each log in separate post..1. Malwarebytes'2. RSIT log.txt3. RSIT info.txt4. Attach GMER result..

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/223050/hijacktthis-log-computer-acting-up-freezing-programs-getting-disabled-and-refusing-to-start/
Relevancy 56.76%

My computer will not open programs or internet after sleep mode Give unknown errors I also cannot shut down or restart computer unless I do a hard re-boot Attached is my Hi-jack This log Also a dds file Any help will be appreciated One thing this is a problem with computers Both computers had a you-tube to mp downloader program that not or Computer open after will other internet mode programs sleep I cannot delete i ve Computer will not open internet or other programs after sleep mode tried Any help will be appreciated Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at AM on Platform Windows Vista SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode NormalRunning processes C Program Files x Verizon Verizon Media Manager Release Verizon Media Manager exeC Program Files x Google GoogleToolbarNotifier GoogleToolbarNotifier exeC Program Files x IObit IObit Security is tray exeC Program Files x Lavasoft Ad-Aware AAWTray exeC Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files CA CA Internet Security Suite CA Website Inspector x Toolbar CAGlobal exeC Program Files x Internet Explorer iexplore exeC Program Files x windows live safety center wlschost EXEC Program Files x Trend Micro HijackThis HiJackThis exeC Program Files x Mozilla Firefox firefox exeC Program Files CA CA Internet Security Suite CA Website Inspector x Light CAGlobalLight exeR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul rch search htmlR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul www yahoo comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE a amp pf desktopR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search Computer will not open internet or other programs after sleep mode URL http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul www yahoo comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul rch search htmlR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul www yahoo comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Computer will not open internet or other programs after sleep mode Main Start Page about blankR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search SearchAssistant R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Search CustomizeSearch R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer SearchURL Default http us rd yahoo com customize ie defaul www yahoo comR - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Local Page C Windows SysWOW blank htmR - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Toolbar LinksFolderName R - URLSearchHook Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - C Program Files x Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - Hosts localhostO - BHO amp Yahoo Toolbar Helper - D -C F - efb- B - ECA - C Program Files x Yahoo Companion Installs cpn yt dllO - BHO AcroIEHelperStub - DF C-E AD- -A -FA C EBDC - C Program Files x Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelperShim dllO - BHO RealPlayer Download and Record Plugin for Internet Explorer - C E -B - BC - - C CA - C ProgramData Real RealPlayer BrowserRecordPlugin IE rpbrowserrecordplugin dllO - BHO Windows Live Family Safety Browser Helper Class - f ed cd- - a - f -d f d ac - C Program Files x Windows Live Family Safety fssbho dllO - BHO Yahoo IE Services Button - BAB B B- BC- B - D - FC DE A - C Program Files x Yahoo Common yiesrvc dllO - BHO Search Helper - EBF - F- bff-A F-B E AAC B - C Program Files x Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack Search Helper SEPsearchhelperie dllO - BHO Windows Live ID Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files x Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Helper - AA ED - DD- d - -CF F - C Program Files x Google Google Toolbar GoogleToolbar dllO - BHO Google Toolbar Notifier BHO - AF DE - D - -B FA-CE B AD D - C Program Files x Google GoogleToolbarNotifier swg ... Read more

A:Computer will not open internet or other programs after sleep mode

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. If you have not done so, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Upon completing the steps below another staff member will review and take the steps necessary with you to get your machine back in working order clean and free of malware.If you have already posted a DDS log, please do so again, as your situation may have changed.Use the 'Add Reply' and add the new log to this thread.Thanks and again sorry for the delay.We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan:Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scrDDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run.A small box will open, with an explaination about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running.Notepad will open with the results.Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results.Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HEREPlease download GMER from one of the following locations and save it to your desktop:Main MirrorThis version will download a randomly named file (Recommended)Zipped MirrorThis version will download a zip file you will need to extract first. If you use this mirror, please extract the zip file to your desktop.Disconnect from the Internet and close all running programs.Temporarily disable any real-time active protection so your security programs will not conflict with gmer's driver.Double-click on the randomly named GMER file (i.e. n7gmo46c.exe) and allow the gmer.sys driver to load if asked.Note: If you downloaded the zipped version, extract the file to its own folder such as C:\gmer and then double-click on gmer.exe.GMER will open to the Rootkit/Malware tab and perform an automatic quick scan when first run. (do not use the computer while the scan is in progress)If you receive a WARNING!!! about rootkit activity and are asked to fully scan your system...click NO.Now click the Scan button. If you see a rootkit warning window, click OK.When the scan is finished, click the Save... button to save the scan results to your Desktop. Save the file as gmer.log.Click the Copy button and paste the results into your next reply.Exit GMER and re-enable all active protection when done.-- If you encounter any problems, try running GMER in Safe Mode.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/324059/computer-will-not-open-internet-or-other-programs-after-sleep-mode/
Relevancy 56.33%

I was having a problem with the message "Windows Security Alert Warning! Potential Spyware Operation!" popping up. I found this forum in an online search and followed the instructions to download "Super anti spyware". I followed the instructions and did the scan and that particular problem seemed to be fixed.

But now I have no control panel. If I press "contrl-alt-delete" it tells me that the "tast manager has been disabled by the administrator" and if I try to go to "add/remove programs" it tells me that "this problem has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this comptuer".

So evidently I didn't get rid of all of the problem. What else can I do to fix this? Thank you in advance for your help.

A:Add Remove Programs Disabled, No Control panel, Task Manager Disabled

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/add-remove-programs-disabled-no-control-panel-task-manager-disabled.644760/
Relevancy 56.33%

Hey everyone I've got a self-built PC that has been running great since without issue However I recently found that the sleep function no longer performs as expected The computer sleeps on command but wakes just - seconds later Worse the system is totally unresponsive after waking with no video to the monitor I own a backlit USB keyboard Corsair K doesn't wake after but after Sleep(S3), respond Wakes immediately PC and the keys weirdly flicker when I try to type in this state The only way to exit the state is by a hard shutdown I can't seem to pinpoint the issue since quot powercfg lastwake quot returns an empty wake history by next boot I also haven't installed any new hardware since having the problem I found a troubleshooting guide for sleep issues and followed that and the only device that is able to wake my computer is the keyboard according to windows I'm wondering what to do since I'd love to have my computer always available but leaving it on wastes a PC Wakes immediately after Sleep(S3), but doesn't respond after wake ton of power Thanks for reading my question PS I think this could be related to RAM Under normal operation after a fresh boot the ram status led's are all green meaning that there are no issues However when in the above unresponsive state I fond that the same status led's are orange a warning indicator I am using S sleep so the session is always saved to RAM Just what I know hopefully it's a clue to the solution Thanks again

A:PC Wakes immediately after Sleep(S3), but doesn't respond after wake

Have you tried system restore?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/247028-pc-wakes-immediately-after-sleep-s3-but-doesnt-respond-after-wake.html
Relevancy 55.9%

Hello everyone I really hope someone can help me because my computer is now unusable Yesterday programs sleep buggy from mode; freezes/won't Computer wake a whole lot of really weird things started happening My computer locked up and I couldn't do anything with any program--however I could hop between the desktop internet home screen and so on I had to hard reboot it It lasted about minutes before doing it Computer freezes/won't wake from sleep mode; programs buggy again and it's been that way since I couldn't even post this I'm having to use a mobile device It also won't fully wake up from sleep mode Everything but the screen comes on keyboard fan etc The boot up is very slow now and some programs aren't opening For example the integrated mail application won't open it just registers you clicked the tile and that's it Toshiba Service Station states quot One or more modules failed to load This process will be terminated quot when I boot up For troubleshooting I've disabled heavy start up applications that aren't windows related I booted the computer in safe mode and ran malware scans with nothing wrong and deleted temp files in case an undetected bug was hiding there Also went and updated my BIOS too in case that was a power issue So far nothing I consider myself fairly tech savvy and I'm stumped Make Toshiba Model Satellite Radius P W-B OS Windows If your guys need any more info please let me know and thank you so much ahead of time

A:Computer freezes/won't wake from sleep mode; programs buggy

Hi! Have you tested any of your hardware?? You can test memory by typing "Windows Memory Diagnostic in search Orb. Also, you say you can run in safe mode, which tells me you may have program conflicts. You could try a clean boot.
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929135

What is your PC Health Monitor showing??

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f320/computer-freezes-wont-wake-from-sleep-mode-programs-buggy-974729.html
Relevancy 54.61%

Whenever I start windows my icons that normally have a template photo don't. Whenever I click on them it says "Windows cannot open this file" & also says "Select from a list of programs" or "Use a web service to find the appropriate program"

Please Help!!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/programs-dont-respond-264697.html
Relevancy 54.61%

running windows 7 pro 64bit, when leaving computer on all day and returning from work none of the short cuts on start bar will open and can't select restart from start menu, have to use keyboard to shut down computer. haven't looked at minidump or event viewer yet.

A:programs don't respond

Try a memory diagnostic in search, and test over night. Just type those words in search.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/76831-programs-dont-respond.html
Relevancy 53.75%

I ll try slow respond are Programs to to explain this the best I can A computer that I have not the one listed in any Programs are slow to respond of my sigs is having a little issue Programs are slow to respond Sometimes Programs are slow to respond when I turn on the computer I will open up a program the program will open but it s like it opens in slow motion as the program opens you see it slowly go into its open state You actually see it opening I know you can always somewhat see a program open but this is like it is in slow motion It does this for all the programs that I open and close This will actually go away later or sometimes if I restart it When I go into the bios the bios is very choppy It is an ASRock board and when I contacted them they said to reset the bios When I did it helped but now it is doing it again I have reset the bios again and it helped again the other day but now it is doing it again Does this sound like a bios problem Does anyone seem to know I don t know how else I could explain what is happening It is an ASRock Z Pro AMD XFX Vid card GSkill ripjaws memory Xeon E - V Corsair TX PSU Windows Pro nbsp

A:Programs are slow to respond

Slower response indicates the issue of bad memory allocation which is related with multitasking.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/programs-are-slow-to-respond.206144/
Relevancy 53.75%

I'm having a problem where when I click on Start, All Programs - it will display the columns of programs but not allow me to click on any of them. I have to hit Ctrl-Alt-Del and try again. Sometimes, it takes half a dozen attempts before I can select a program.

I'm running XP Home SP3.

I'm running Msft Security Essentials and Comodo. Have also scanned with Spybot. Don't know if its a virus.

I've run CCleaner and Eusing to clean the registry.

Someone suggested creating a new user and I tried that but its very inconvenient because some setting and files don't transfer from my original user.

I could go the safe boot/system restore route. Wonder if anyone had other ideas ...

Supposed to be some real gurus here. :-)

Brooks

A:XP, Start, All Programs - won't respond

THis will probably fix the problem. From a poster at another forum Tufenuf.

Go to Start/Run and type or copy and paste:

regsvr32 /i shell32

Click OK

Restart your computer

Note that the spacing is important.

Tufenuf

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/326617/xp-start-all-programs-wont-respond/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi everyone,
So there are a few programs that do not respond whenever I launch them. It seems that the list is getting bigger... Now I cant login into steam, when I click the login button it starts 'not responding'. Same happens with some other soft.
SFC scan says that there are some corrupted files but they cannot be fixed. I dont know whether that is the case or not, but what can I do about this?
Any help is appreciated!

A:Some particular programs start 'do not respond' when I run them

Can you post some info using this: http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/247243-some-particular-programs-start-do-not-respond-when-i-run-them.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Today I booted up my Samsung laptop wanting to begin gaming. Instead of being met with the game client menu I was met with a not responding client. This happens to almost all of the programs on my computer. It affects google chrome, control panel, and even sound mixer. I noticed that my computer also will not shut down without assistance. It gets stuck at the circle saying shutting down. I don't know if this is relevant, but I recently installed software for a gaming headset.

Please help!

SAMSUNG Series 7 700Z5A-S03 Notebook Intel Core i7 2675QM(2.20GHz) 15.6" Non-Gloss, 16:9, 300 nits 8GB Memory DDR3 750GB w/ EC 8GB HDD 7200rpm Slot-Load DVD AMD Radeon HD 6750M

A:Almost all programs do not respond! (more problems)

Sound like the new install headset is having problems shutting down. Uninstall the program and remove the headset, give it a try. If that doesn't work use a restore point before this happened.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/457260/almost-all-programs-do-not-respond-more-problems/
Relevancy 53.75%

Hi.
while i'm using a program (an internet browser for example)
it suddenly doesn't respond for about .5 seconds
and also applies to my games, but when I alt+tab my games, i must click the icon multiple times to go back. I checked the task manager and it always say "not responding"
and if you all are asking. yes, it does meet the requirements for my computer.
my games are normally working a few years ago but now it's not.
I already tried system restore but it didn't work for me.

my Antivirus is ESET Smart Security

A:HELP! Almost ALL Programs doesn't respond.

If we had your system specs we might be able to help

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/219703-help-almost-all-programs-doesnt-respond.html
Relevancy 53.75%

Turn on PC, and PC speakers start to have a long continous beep sound... according to the bios beep codes maybe ram problem.
Tried to restart same thing, PC just don't boot, nothing on screen. I've recently changed my video card(new) and I've opened the case and replugged and check everything is plugged in tightly and correctly -> same result.

Now, I'm here thinking ok, my PC is really old now maybe the primary hdd or ram or my motherboard is dead or something, mainly concerned about the motherboard so if that is dead also what I should be experience?

Any further advice about my situation would be appreciated.

Relevancy 53.32%

win xp pro... as I type this, type is slow to show up and if I do open a browser, it closes by itself...thanks in advance for any help

lz

A:pc slow to respond & programs close

Download Security Check from HERE, and save it to your Desktop. * Double-click SecurityCheck.exe * Follow the onscreen instructions inside of the black box. * A Notepad document should open automatically called checkup.txt; please post the contents of that document.=============================================================================Please download Farbar Service Scanner (FSS) and run it on the computer with the issue.Make sure the following options are checked:
Internet ServicesWindows FirewallSystem RestoreSecurity CenterWindows UpdatePress "Scan".It will create a log (FSS.txt) in the same directory the tool is run.Please copy and paste the log to your reply.====================================================================================Please download MiniToolBox and run it.Checkmark following boxes:Report IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Users, Partitions and Memory sizeClick Go and post the result.=============================================================================Download Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware (aka MBAM): http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free to your desktop. * Double-click mbam-setup.exe and follow the prompts to install the program. * At the end, be sure a checkmark is placed next to Update Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware and Launch Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, then click Finish. * If an update is found, it will download and install the latest version. * Once the program has loaded, select Perform quick scan, then click Scan. * When the scan is complete, click OK, then Show Results to view the results. * Be sure that everything is checked, and click Remove Selected. * When completed, a log will open in Notepad. * Post the log back here.Be sure to restart the computer.The log can also be found here:C:\Documents and Settings\Username\Application Data\Malwarebytes\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txtOr at C:\Program Files\Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware\Logs\log-date.txt=============================================================================Download aswMBR to your desktop.Double click the aswMBR.exe to run it.If you see this question: Would you like to download latest Avast! virus definitions?" say "Yes".Click the "Scan" button to start scan.On completion of the scan click "Save log", save it to your desktop and post in your next reply.NOTE. aswMBR will create MBR.dat file on your desktop. This is a copy of your MBR. Do NOT delete it.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/443548/pc-slow-to-respond-programs-close/
Relevancy 53.32%

I have a problem opening and closing my programs like control panel. I don't think I can open Internet Explorer. Is there a way to fix this? Please reply. I might need some help soon.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-programs-wont-open-and-wont-respond.382542/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hello Tech Support First of all thanks for looking at my thread For a few days now I have been having trouble with my browser I use Firefox but I also have Internet Explorer and it has the same problem Whenever I try to start it the mouse icon shows that it's programs making not virus Possible respond loading but then changes to the normal mouse icon and my browser never appears After a random ammount of time of continuous trying it works again for once When it works again the layout suddenly has changed to a more old-fashioned type I noticed that Windows Explorer and many other programs also suffer from this sometimes when I open f Possible virus making programs not respond i Control Panel it leaves a blank page and says 'not responding' I have tried re-installing Firefox and restoring my system to an earlier date but to no avail Honesty obliges me to tell I have downloaded porn over Vuze and I suspect it has something to do with that I have read and followed the instructions but when I tried to run Gmer exe I got a blue screen and decided not to do it again The DDS is below and the Attach is attached Thanks in advance for your help It is much appreciated Best regards Guus Evers PS I have made a screenshot of what my AVG scan says are corrupted files and can post it if wanted PPS If I have done anything wrong please tell me and I'll try to fix it This problem is driving me crazy DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Guus Evers at on wo - - Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT SP Spyware Doctor disabled Outdated C EDD - E- ac- F -EFA E CBC SP Windows Defender enabled Updated D DDC A- F- FAE- E -DA C ACF Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows System svchost exe -k secsvcs C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system svchost exe -k GPSvcGroup C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows system taskeng exe C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager Iaantmon exe C Windows system PnkBstrA exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Program Files CyberLink Shared Files RichVideo exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroup C Windows system DRIVERS xaudio exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared hpqwmiex exe c Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Health Check hphc service exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files Apoint K Apoint exe C Program Files Intel Intel Matrix Storage Manager IAAnotif exe C Program Files Windows Defender MSASCui exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant HPWAMain exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update hpwuSchd exe C Windows System igfxtray exe C Windows System igfxpers exe C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Windows system igfxsrvc exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP wireless Assistant WiFiMsg EXE C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared HpqToaster exe C Program Files Apoint K ApMsgFwd exe C Program Files Apoint K Apntex exe C Windows system conime exe C Windows system msiexec exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Windows servicing TrustedInstaller exe C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader AcroRd exe -k netsvcs C Program Files Java jre bin jucheck exe C Program Files Common Files Adobe ARM AdobeARM exe C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Windows system SearchProtocolHost exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Prog... Read more

A:Possible virus making programs not respond

Getting more problematic now...internet now never works, except immediatly on startup (I suspect because I've deleted the Run list in regedit), then it still goes not responding pretty fast. Everything is much slower and eventually goes not responding or doesn't open at all, Windows Services constantly breaks down, my computer freezes regularly, if I start up in safe mode, it freezes before starting windows. One time it started up to a windows with no background, an old layout and apparantly none of my programs installed.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f50/possible-virus-making-programs-not-respond-523084.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I have a Compaq laptop running Vista home premium system type is bit OS The computer constantly freezes up Sometimes mouse won t respond sometimes firefox won t open other times is just loses internet connection Here are the DDS logs GMER does not complete The system reboots DDS Ver - - - freezes do Vista programs respond not and NTFSx Run by Sylvia at on Sun Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium GMT - SP ZoneAlarm Anti-Spyware enabled Outdated F A - - B -B - D EC SP Windows Defender enabled Updated D DDC A- F- Vista freezes and programs do not respond FAE- E -DA C ACF SP SUPERAntiSpyware enabled Updated A C- - e- F- E AC DA FW ZoneAlarm Firewall disabled BDA - B - F - -F FCFF F B Vista freezes and programs do not respond Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgchsvx exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgrsx exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system svchost exe -k rpcss C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows system SLsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows System ZoneLabs vsmon exe C Program Files CheckPoint ZAForceField IswSvc exe C Windows System spoolsv exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkServiceNetworkRestricted C Program Files CyberLink Shared Files RichVideo exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgnsx exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Windows System svchost exe -k WerSvcGroup C Windows system SearchIndexer exe C Windows system DRIVERS xaudio exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgemc exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared hpqwmiex exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgcsrvx exe C Windows system taskeng exe c Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Health Check hphc service exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnetwk exe C Windows system taskeng exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Windows System rundll exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPStart exe C Program Files HP Digital Imaging bin HpqSRmon exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant HPWAMain exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard HP Wireless Assistant WiFiMsg exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update hpwuSchd exe C Program Files Microsoft Office Office GrooveMonitor exe C Program Files AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files Zone Labs ZoneAlarm zlclient exe C Windows System rundll exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe C Program Files Sony Reader Data bin launcher Reader Library Launcher exe C Program Files Synaptics SynTP SynTPEnh exe C Program Files Hewlett-Packard Shared HpqToaster exe C Windows ehome ehtray exe C Program Files Windows Media Player wmpnscfg exe C Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERANTISPYWARE EXE C Windows ehome ehmsas exe C Windows system wuauclt exe C Users Sylvia Desktop dds scr C Program Files CheckPoint ZAForceField ForceField exe C Windows system SearchProtocolHost exe C Windows system SearchFilterHost exe C Windows system wbem wmiprvse exe Pseudo HJT Report uDefault Page URL hxxp ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en us amp c amp bd Presario amp pf laptop mStart Page hxxp ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en us amp c amp bd Presario amp pf laptop mDefault Page URL hxxp ie redirect hp com svs rdr TYPE amp tp iehome amp locale en us amp c amp bd Presario amp pf laptop uInternet Settings ProxyOverride local uURLSearchHooks H - No File uURLSearchHooks ZoneAlarm Toolbar f e d- da - c -a c -dd b acd - c ... Read more

A:Vista freezes and programs do not respond

Hi,Welcome to Bleeping Computer. My name is m0le and I will be helping you with your log.Please subscribe to this topic, if you haven't already. You can subscribe by clicking the Options box to the right of your topic title and selecting Track This Topic.

Please avoid installing/uninstalling or updating any programs and attempting any unsupervised fixes or scans. This can make helping you impossible.

Please reply to this post so I know you are there.The forum is busy and we need to have replies as soon as possible. If I haven't had a reply after 3 days I will bump the topic and if you do not reply by the following day after that then I will close the topic.----------------------------------------------Please run TDSSKiller to look for a rootkitDownload TDSSKiller and save it to your Desktop.

Extract its contents to your desktop and make sure TDSSKiller.exe (the contents of the zipped file) is on the Desktop itself, not within a folder on the desktop.

Go to Start > Run (Or you can hold down your Windows key and press R) and copy and paste the following into the text field. (make sure you include the quote marks) Then press OK.

"%userprofile%\Desktop\TDSSKiller.exe" -l report.txt

Now click Start Scan.
If Malicious objects are found, ensure Cure is selected then click Continue > Reboot now.
Click Close
Finally press Report and copy and paste the contents into your next reply. If you've rebooted then the log will be found at C:\

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/355947/vista-freezes-and-programs-do-not-respond/
Relevancy 53.32%

Neither Firefox nor Internet explorer will start and the error I m getting is quot The procedure entry point SetupDiDestroyDeviceInfoList could not be located in the dynamic link library SETUPAPI dll quot I m currently on Safari Also my AIM and other programs shut down as not programs point Browsers/other start, refuse found" "Entry to soon as they start When I open World of Warcraft it says something about Browsers/other programs refuse to start, "Entry point not found" a quot trojan-downloader quot being on my computer but I can t get to that point because WoW won t open anymore either scans reveal nothing but every so often Norton tells me that a trojan horse has been found and deleted Thank you very much Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at PM on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v SP Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccProxy exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security ISSVC exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SPBBC SPBBCSvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA COMMON AOL ACS AOLacsd exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Symantec LiveUpdate ALUSchedulerSvc exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files McAfee McAfee AntiSpyware Msssrv exe C WINDOWS system msinet exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C WINDOWS system nvsvc exe C Program Files Common Files New Boundary PrismXL PRISMXL SYS C Program Files Viewpoint Common ViewpointService exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center SymWSC exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C WINDOWS system notepad exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C Program Files Digital Media Reader shwiconem exe C PROGRA mcafee com agent mcagent exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files McAfee McAfee AntiSpyware MssCli exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe C WINDOWS mHotkey exe C PROGRA COMMON AOL AOLSPY AOLSP Scheduler exe C WINDOWS CNYHKey exe C WINDOWS system RUNDLL EXE C PROGRA McAfee com Agent McRegWiz exe C Program Files QuickTime QTTask exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files Napster napster exe C DOCUME Chris LOCALS Temp winlogen exe C WINDOWS System Cpl ver exe C WINDOWS system rundll exe C PROGRA MUSICM MUSICM MMDiag exe C WINDOWS system Rundll exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Musicmatch Musicmatch Jukebox mim exe C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C Program Files BitComet BitComet exe C Program Files DAEMON Tools Lite daemon exe C Program Files BigFix BigFix exe C Program Files iTunes iTunes exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center SymSCUI exe C Program Files AIM aolsoftware exe C Program Files Safari Safari exe C Program Files Trend Micro HijackThis HijackThis exe C WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http google atcomet com b R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www gatewaybiz com R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www gatewaybiz com R - HKCU Software Microsoft Windows CurrentVersion Internet Settings ProxyOverride local R - URLSearchHook AOLTBSearch Class - EA - - DB- F -D CA FB C D - C Program Files AOL AIM Toolbar aoltb dll F - REG system ini UserInit C WINDOWS system userinit exe C WINDOWS system ntos exe O - Toolbar Norton In... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/browsers-other-programs-refuse-to-start-entry-point-not-found.750229/
Relevancy 52.89%

I ve been having these problems with my computer within the last two weeks MSN Messenger quit working on me when I tried to update to and system to Random slowed, run, system programs rejected scans refuse I tried Random programs refuse to run, system slowed, system scans rejected installing Trillian but my computer won t allow it to run I ve tried scanning my computer for viruses or trojans but Norton freezes when I try to run the scan pandascan locks up when I try using it and Ad-Aware freezes when it tries to update I downloaded and scanned with Ewido catching a few viruses and removed them but nothing s improved I need some serious help here s a list of the processes I m running Need help Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin EvtEng exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin S EvMon exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin WLKeeper exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccProxy exe C Program Files Random programs refuse to run, system slowed, system scans rejected Common Files Symantec Shared ccSetMgr exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security ISSVC exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared SNDSrvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccEvtMgr exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files ewido anti-malware ewidoctrl exe C Program Files Norton Internet Security Norton AntiVirus navapsvc exe C Program Files Dell NICCONFIGSVC NICCONFIGSVC exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin RegSrvc exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared CCPD-LC symlcsvc exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared Security Center SymWSC exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ZcfgSvc exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files Apoint Apoint exe C Program Files Java j re bin jusched exe C Program Files Intel Wireless Bin ifrmewrk exe C Program Files Dell Media Experience PCMService Random programs refuse to run, system slowed, system scans rejected exe C Program Files Dell QuickSet quickset exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DVDLauncher exe C Program Files Real RealPlayer RealPlay exe C WINDOWS system dla tfswctrl exe C Program Files Common Files InstallShield UpdateService issch exe C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared ccApp exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C Program Files Dell Support DSAgnt exe C Program Files Ares Ares exe C Program Files Steam Steam exe C Program Files Digital Line Detect DLG exe C PROGRA Intel Wireless Bin XConfig exe C Program Files Apoint Apntex exe C Program Files Microsoft AntiSpyware gcasDtServ exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Documents and Settings Lug Desktop hijackthis HijackThis exe R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell me com myway R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Bar http bfc myway com search de srchlft html R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http www dell me com myway R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http www dell me com myway R - HKCU Software Microsoft Internet Connection Wizard ShellNext http www dell me com myway R - URLSearchHook no name - D F -B FE- -BF - AB D D - C Program Files MyWaySA SrchAsDe bin deSrcAs dll file missing O - BHO AcroIEHlprObj Class - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Reader ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO no name - D F -B FE- -BF - AB D D - C Program Files MyWaySA SrchAsDe bin deSrcAs dll file missing O - BHO DriveLetterAccess - CA D E- - CF- E - - C WINDOWS system dla tfswshx dll O - BHO CNisExtBho Class - ECB - F - bbc- D- DDF E - C Program Files Common Files Symantec Shared AdBlocking NISShExt dll O - BHO CNavExtBho Class - BDF E -B - AD-A -FADC B - C Program Files... Read more

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/random-programs-refuse-to-run-system-slowed-system-scans-rejected.436922/
Relevancy 52.89%

I have a Dell 530, 2mb ram, 1yr+ old and it won't shut down unless I press the power button. If I use the Start/Restart or Start/Shut Down it just hangs at the Shutting Down screen.

Any ideas what could be wrong?

Relevancy 52.89%

ok so i have been on windows 7 32 bit for like 3 weeks and its all been fine and i have done some tweaks when i first got it (like a week into it) and it was working even better but now starting yesterday things dont respond for a quick second on the worst timeing... like when i want to exit out of somthing i have to click it for like 20 seconds... i posted a video to show you everything it does... you can see when im trying to exit out of firefox it takes me like 20 seconds cuz it doesent respond right b4 i click it and then respond when im done clicking and the hole page blinks and a bunch of crap... and this just started so its not like my computer is slow but this is just getting very anoying

YouTube - capture-1.avi

A:[SOLVED] programs dont respond for a quick second

i just did a system restore hope it doesent happen again tho

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-programs-dont-respond-for-a-quick-second-435501.html
Relevancy 52.89%

Hi!

My OS if Windows XP
For some reason, every time I try to open some of my programs, ie. Pulisher XP, Word XP, Power PointXP, they either will not open,- htye get hung up and say not responding, or they open up for just a moment and then when I try to do any actions inside the program, they get hung up. I first noticed this problem when I was trying to use Publisher so I did the following:
I ran spyboot and got rid of the few problemsthere.
I ran Norton Utilties
I ran Norton Antivirus.
Rebooted before and after each of these.

Then I attempted to repair Publisher XP from the original disk.
when that didn't work I uninstalled and reinstalled Publisher.
No luck.

At this point, I tried to runthe other programs and they getting the same hangups.
Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Relevancy 52.89%

After I connect to the internet IE and firefox don't respond. I have tried reinstalling drivers, anti-malware scans. Please help. I don't know what to do.

A:After establishing internet connection programs don't respond

Do you get any error messages when you try to open up the browser? Does it display "Page cannot be displayed?" Or does the computer simply freezes?

Are you using a wireless or wired network connection?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/after-establishing-internet-connection-programs-dont-respond-335218.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I posted something earlier can someone read it and reply here or in that post plz? Thank you.

A:Please Respond To Programs Close Immediately Post

If you want someone to reply, and its gone a few pages back, please just post a reply that says "bump" . Making new threads is not needed.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/please-respond-to-programs-close-immediately-post.256645/
Relevancy 52.89%

When I would be working on something in 3DS max and I'd go into the material editor, for a moment it would be working fine, but then it would freeze. When I would alt-tab and jump back into 3DS max, it would respond for a moment before freezing again. Rebooting would fix this temporarily before it started to happen again, but then it started to happen with other applications, including my games. The games would freeze, and when I alt tabbed, it would start to run, and immediately freeze if i even moused over it with task manager on top. I did virus scans and found 3 threats before stopping the scan at 70% or so, but it happened again, and before I do another scan, I don't know where I should search, or where the problem is coming from.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/385402-programs-freeze-when-actively-selected-then-respond-when-i-alt-tab.html
Relevancy 52.89%

My computer did a critical update last night, went to MS its own and did it.
Now it runs very slow, and most programs wont respond at all?

A:after critical update, programs wont respond

Welcome
Using a clean boot lets see if we can identify the culprit
How to troubleshoot a problem by performing a clean boot in Windows Vista or in Windows 7
If not, go back with a system restore to before the update and report back.

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/170643-after-critical-update-programs-wont-respond.html
Relevancy 52.89%

I've have a PowerSpec Pc for three years. P4, 2.8 Ghz, 1 Gig ram, 300 gig HD, onboard lan, sound and video. It not the best but it is dependable.

Two months ago I backed up all data, installed a new HD and fresh copy of XP Pro. I did this because I wanted to minimize the chance of any hard drive problems (even though I backup my data).

The system has been running fine, but recently I've noticed when I'm in Windows Explorer, Word, Outlook or any other program and I want to open a folder, the system takes about 30 seconds to respond, then it's fine.

I've never seen this type of delay. The system runs SP2 and is up to date on all Microsoft patches and security updates.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks,

Tony

A:Xp & All Programs Are Slow To Respond When Opening A Folder

Typically these are resource issues that happen as your Windows installation ages - BUT, it can also be a sign of a malware infection.

Check the Process and Performance tabs in Task Manager to see what's causing the slowdown. Additionally, when in the Processes tab, select the View menu item, then select "Select Columns", and then place a checkmark in the IO Reads box. That'll show you excessive disk reads that can cause this issue also.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/96502/xp-all-programs-are-slow-to-respond-when-opening-a-folder/
Relevancy 52.89%
A:Half of my programs including EE wont respond on XP

EE??? First of all you will have to describe the problem more concisely than EE to hope to get a helpfull reply.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/half-of-my-programs-including-ee-wont-respond-on-xp.616594/
Relevancy 52.46%

As the Computer. to Smart connect to refuse Phones Topic Says Whenever I try to connect to my computer using Smart Phones refuse to connect to Computer. my cellphone it says Device driver failed to install The Phone is a Samsung Galaxy S or SGH-I As soon as I plugged it in to the computer It got the usual Device Driver failed to install The Next is a Smart I had a Vizio Tablet It was able to connect to my computer and then it had problems and it just started to have problems and just now doesnt connect Since then it seems MTP devices seem to not want to connect anymore The system specs for my PC are as follows Windows Ultimate -bit Amd Athlon Smart Phones refuse to connect to Computer. II x processor GHz MB of Ram and heres a DXdiag ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report Machine name VANCE-PC Operating System Windows Ultimate -bit Build win rtm - Language English Regional Setting English System Manufacturer System manufacturer System Model System Product Name BIOS BIOS Date Ver Processor AMD Athlon II X Processor CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Available OS Memory MB RAM Page File MB used MB available Windows Dir C Windows DirectX Version DirectX DX Setup Parameters Not found User DPI Setting Using System DPI System DPI Setting DPI percent DWM DPI Scaling Disabled DxDiag Version bit Unicode DxDiag Previously Crashed in DirectShow stage Re-running DxDiag with dontskip command line parameter or choosing not to bypass information gathering when prompted might result in DxDiag successfully obtaining this information ------------ DxDiag Notes ------------ Display Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Sound Tab No problems found Input Tab No problems found -------------------- DirectX Debug Levels -------------------- Direct D retail DirectDraw retail DirectInput retail DirectMusic retail DirectPlay retail DirectSound retail DirectShow retail --------------- Display Devices --------------- Card name AMD Radeon HD Series Manufacturer Advanced Micro Devices Inc Chip type AMD Radeon Graphics Processor x B DAC type Internal DAC MHz Device Key Enum PCI VEN amp DEV B amp SUBSYS amp REV Display Memory MB Dedicated Memory MB Shared Memory MB Current Mode x bit Hz Monitor Name Generic Non-PnP Monitor Monitor Model unknown Monitor Id Native Mode unknown Output Type HD Driver Name aticfx dll aticfx dll aticfx dll aticfx aticfx aticfx atiumd dll atidxx dll atidxx dll atiumdag atidxx atidxx atiumdva atiumd a cap atitmm dll Driver File Version English Driver Version DDI Version Driver Model WDDM Driver Attributes Final Retail Driver Date Size bytes WHQL Logo'd Yes WHQL Date Stamp Device Identifier D B EE - BF - CF-FC - B BEC C Vendor ID x Device ID x B SubSys ID x Revision ID x Driver Strong Name oem inf ATI Mfg NTamd ati mtag Evergreen pci ven amp dev b Rank Of Driver E Video Accel ModeMPEG A ModeMPEG C Deinterlace Caps E FF-B - B-BCF -BCB E F Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch A A C -C EC- BD - EDE-F C DC B Format In Out YUY YUY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY E FF-B - B-BCF -BCB E F Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech PixelAdaptive AA E- - A - C - F FAF E E Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY DeinterlaceTech BOBVerticalStretch A A C -C EC- BD - EDE-F C DC B Format In Out UYVY UYVY Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps VideoProcess YUV RGB VideoProcess StretchX VideoProcess StretchY A A C -C EC- BD - EDE-F C DC B Format In Out YV x Frames Prev Fwd Back Caps C C - FB - F - - BF EE D F... Read more

A:Smart Phones refuse to connect to Computer.

While waiting for further suggestions, please post the computer model next time and run the programs below. When you mean connect, do you mean usb connection? Try downloading Speccy and then install the program.  To post and publish a snapshot of your PC.. In the Menu bar, click File -> Publish Snapshot. Click Yes > then Copy to Clipboard. On your next reply, right-click on a empty space and click Paste on reply box then click Post. Download MiniToolBox and run the program. SelectList Last 10 Event Viewers, List Installed Programs and List Users, Partitions and Memory Size then click Go.A notepad will open then copy-paste the report on your next reply. 

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/513647/smart-phones-refuse-to-connect-to-computer/
Relevancy 52.46%

Once in a while when i restart the PC a box up lefter corner appears showing how windows is customizing things, web browser, folder etc... During this time a rollback by itself is in progress, all the games i got installed, for example Skyrim when lunched the luncher, it recognize as if the game wasn't installed but i can still run it with the EXE...
am running a windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit

A:Games installed but computer refuse to recognize them

Hello sundernet and welcome to TSF,

That is odd... It is acting like it is setting up your profile each time you log on...

When did this issue begin occurring?
How old is this isntallation?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/games-installed-but-computer-refuse-to-recognize-them-672947.html
Relevancy 52.46%

Please read every bit of this as I try to be as detailed as possible This started about three days ago First the fake programs Windows Antivirus ProAdvanced Virus RemoverSome red X in Scans To Unable Manager Open Task Programs. Multiple Infection. Fake Disabled, Run AntiVirus MAJOR Programs, Or Most the system tray that displays quot Your computer is infected Windows has detected spyware infection It is recommended to use special antispyware tools to prevent data loss Windows will now download and install the most MAJOR Infection. Multiple Fake AntiVirus Programs, Task Manager Disabled, Unable To Run Scans Or Open Most Programs. up-to-date antispyware for you quot Don't know if this is part of one of the above fake anti-spyware programs or its own I've had one or two of them before Gotta love the obvious misspellings and grammatical errors Secondly the Task Manager is disabled So I go ahead and try some virus programs None of them can get a few seconds into the scan without terminating such as MBAM and SpyNoMore from what SpyNoMore showed while scanning I saw the file that disabled the task manager and quot Advanced Virus Remover quot so if I could somehow get that to do a complete scan I'm pretty sure it could work I came across a program that did however do a complete scan It was called A-Squared When I began to quarantine the files though the window where it says there has been a fatal error and Windows must terminate with the countdown from occurs After that If I boot up my computer again explorer exe is gone AND the task manager is disabled So I had to boot it up in Safe Mode with Command Prompt I then took Browse function in the quot Select program to open this with quot window to my advantage by navigating over to my flash drive running Task Manager Fix and copying explorer exe which was copied from the computer in the living room to my Windows folder it was missing but there was a fake quot explorer scf quot that I deleted I then ran explorer exe through the Task Manager However unfortunately explorer exe also enables the fake programs disabling Task Manager again If I were to run Task Manager Fix with explorer exe enabled I would be able to open Task Manager for about half a second and then says quot This file is infected Please activate your antivirus software quot I then tried A-Squared again this time on quot Deep Scan quot mode but ended up with the same unfortunate result as I had to do the Command Prompt thing once more And lastly the next day today quot Windows Antivirus Pro quot joined the ever-growing epitome of annoyance It wasn't there at the beginning This fake program had me rendered unable to open almost any application I wish with a pop-up system tray message saying something along the lines of quot Opening this file impossible It is infected Please run your antivirus software quot And yes I tried to run DDS scr That would not open as well so I cannot give you a HJT log at the moment I have however run GMER a couple days ago I read about it on another site and have the log for that if you require it Sorry for the inconvenience This infection I give much applause to as it has been the first in all of my years of dealing with them to actually post on a forum for help Bravo Your assistance would be much appreciated Thanks Goomba EDIT I forgot to add on startup there's always programs such as quot exe quot and other odd numbers crashing with the quot This program has encountered a problem quot and the error reporting system They don't seem to have an effect on anything though EDIT Another thing I forgot to add I have tried to reinstall Windows XP with the original disc It however just freezes on the screen where you select if you want to install repair or quit

A:MAJOR Infection. Multiple Fake AntiVirus Programs, Task Manager Disabled, Unable To Run Scans Or Open Most Programs.

Hi, Goomba Welcome.Please open a command prompt (Start -> Run, type CMD and click OK) At the prompt copy and paste the following commands and press Enter after each line:DIR /a/s %windir%\scecli.dll %windir%\netlogon.dll %windir%\ntelogon.dll >Log.txtNet Start >> Log.txt & START notepad Log.txtPost the resulting report.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/250347/major-infection-multiple-fake-antivirus-programs-task-manager-disabled-unable-to-run-scans-or-open-most-programs/
Relevancy 52.03%

So after the most recent update, the windows startup has been incredibly slow, and programs like malwarebytes and microsoft word constantly freeze up and stop responding.

I've attached a CBS file, after running sfc /verifyonly

I don't know what to do and could really use the help, thanks in advance.

A:Extremley slow startup, multiple programs do not respond

I would use a restore point to before the updates and stop update from downloading more updates until you say so.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/227467-extremley-slow-startup-multiple-programs-do-not-respond.html
Relevancy 52.03%

Nothing happens when I click on Add/remove programs in Control Panel.
I am also getting a dialog box at the end of log in saying" Error loading C:\Windows\System32\NvCpl.dll. A dynamic link library initialisation failed.

A:Add/remove programs option in Control panel does not respond

Hello; Try this:

Click Start, run, type cmd /k and press enter.

Type regsvr32 appwiz.cpl and press enter.

Type regsvr32 mshtml.dll and press enter.

Type exit and press enter.

Reboot.

Any improvement?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/add-remove-programs-option-in-control-panel-does-not-respond-380430.html
Relevancy 52.03%

So first thing I noticed was really slow start up speed when I reboot my computer Then chrome crashed and I could not Windows 7 and AVG Chrome Can't not respond run other MBAM frequently or programs reopen it nothing would happen when I clicked it And a lot of programs get the not responding thing while i'm going about my daily activities And then I ran Norton a full scan and power eraser came up clean so then I went manually through my programs folder and had a friend check everything I didn't recognize we found viruses I deleted them Still couldn't run MBAM Windows 7 Can't run MBAM or AVG Chrome and other programs frequently not respond even in safe mode I couldn't so I downloaded JRT Junk Removal Tool and ran it in safe mode and it found some stuff but I don't have the logs anymore And then I could run MBAM in safe mode I ran a full scan found nothing Then I rebooted into normal mode and still couldn't run it Had to reboot back into safe mode couldn't run it there again either ran JRT again and it found nothing but I could then run MBAM oddly enough Here's a list of things i've tried checked Tried reinstalling MBAM in safe mode Tried Chameleon all of them get stuck at updating let it run while it was updating for over an hour Tried renaming MBAM exe Tried full scans with Norton and the power eraser Tried downloading and using AVG but when the UI comes up it stops responding Tried checking Windows 7 Can't run MBAM or AVG Chrome and other programs frequently not respond my processes in Task Manager nothing was abnormal Tried Windows 7 Can't run MBAM or AVG Chrome and other programs frequently not respond using Revo uninstaller to uninstall MBAM and reinstall it Tried a full scan when I could get MBAM to run and it came up clean in safe mode Tried running JRT outside of safe mode it won't run All of this just seems too fishy something has to be going on with my computer I'm on windows and reformatting my hard drive isn't an option I bought this laptop used with a clean windows install and no longer have the serial code for it I cannot upload the DDS file every time I use either uploader chrome stops responding And if this helps windows did some scan for problems and this came up Windows Problem Shut down unexpectedly Files that help describe the problem - - dmp sysdata xml WERInternalMetadata xml View a temporary copy of these files Warning If a virus or other security threat caused the problem opening a copy of the files could harm your computer Windows Problem Video hardware error Files that help describe the problem WD- - dmp sysdata xml WERInternalMetadata xml View a temporary copy of these files Warning If a virus or other security threat caused the problem opening a copy of the files could harm your computer

A:Windows 7 Can't run MBAM or AVG Chrome and other programs frequently not respond

Please download MiniToolBox, and save it to your desktop and run it, and checkmark the following checkboxes:Flush DNSReport IE Proxy SettingsReset IE Proxy SettingsReport FF Proxy SettingsReset FF Proxy SettingsList content of HostsList IP configurationList Winsock EntriesList last 10 Event Viewer logList Installed ProgramsList Users, Partitions and Memory size.Click Go and post the result (Result.txt). A copy of Result.txt will be saved in the same directory the tool is run.Note: When using "Reset FF Proxy Settings" option Firefox should be closed.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/527016/windows-7-cant-run-mbam-or-avg-chrome-and-other-programs-frequently-not-respond/
Relevancy 52.03%

Hi, my laptop's windows 7 programs (My document, computer, pictures, recycle bin and etc.) won't open. The windows shows up but it only in white, next thing I know the Not Responding window will open and ultimately it restarts. I've tried installing anti-malware programs as some forums suggested but it didn't work. It's been like this for about two months now. I'm been using WMP's "open" button to navigate my way through my files because that is the only way I can open them. Someone, please help me.

A:Windows 7 programs doesn't respond and ultimately restarts.

So are you saying that when you click on say Computer in the start menu, a window opens but stays blank and then you get the Not responding message? If so what anti virus software are you running and is it up to date. When you say you have tried to install anti malware programs but they didn't work, what do you mean "Didn't Work" Were you able to install, if not what message did you get?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/244813-windows-7-programs-doesnt-respond-ultimately-restarts.html
Relevancy 51.6%

Hi Team I know you are all extremely busy so can I quickly say you guys and girls are so fantastic in the work and time you so generously give to help us poor saps who have not educated ourselves in the malware arena Thank you so much My computer is very slow not just on the net but even responding to clicks to open programs or folders etc I use a keyword respond lot clicks, dialup, Slow not disconnects from responding to programs to of search tool and other online tools and find I am constantly being disconnected on my dialup A lot of programs I use end up not responding and even use the task manager to shut Slow to respond to clicks, disconnects from dialup, lot of programs not responding them down takes forever Recently when performing some normal tasks can't remember exactly what I got Slow to respond to clicks, disconnects from dialup, lot of programs not responding a message saying I had insufficient ram I have one gig and wasnot using any large programs at the time Other computer users in the house said they have Slow to respond to clicks, disconnects from dialup, lot of programs not responding seen messages from AVG mentioning a Trojan and a Hack Tool I hope this helps you help me Thank you Here is the DDS File DDS Version - NTFSx Run by Deb at on Thu Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT Running Processes C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs C WINDOWS system svchost exe -k WudfServiceGroup svchost exe svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgwdsvc exe C Program Files COMODO Firewall cmdagent exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe -k imgsvc C PROGRA AVG AVG avgrsx exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgemc exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C WINDOWS system Ati evxx exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files ATI Technologies ATI Control Panel atiptaxx exe C WINDOWS SOUNDMAN EXE C Program Files Java jre bin jusched exe C Program Files COMODO Firewall cfp exe C PROGRA AVG AVG avgtray exe C Program Files MarkAny ContentSafer MAAgent exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD PDVDServ exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Spybot - Search amp Destroy TeaTimer exe C Program Files SpywareGuard sgmain exe C Program Files SpywareGuard sgbhp exe C Documents and Settings Deb Desktop Malware detection dds scr C DOCUME Deb LOCALS Temp RarSFX CHIDE exe Psuedo HJT Report uStart Page about blank uSearch Bar hxxp www google com ie uSearchMigratedDefaultURL hxxp www google com search q searchTerms amp sourceid ie amp rls com microsoft en-US amp ie utf amp oe utf uInternet Connection Wizard ShellNext iexplore uSearchAssistant hxxp www google com ie uSearchURL Default hxxp www google com search q s BHO E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - c program files adobe acrobat activex AcroIEHelper dll BHO CA F - F E- B -A E- E E C C - c program files avg avg avgssie dll BHO A E - F- - B - B DDD DB - c program files spywareguard dlprotect dll BHO - F - D - - D F - c progra spybot SDHelper dll BHO BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - c program files java jre bin ssv dll BHO CC E F - E - FA- FAA- BF - c program files free download manager iefdm dll uRun ctfmon exe c windows system ctfmon exe uRun updateMgr quot c program files adobe acrobat reader AdobeUpdateManager exe quot AcRdB -reboot uRun SpybotSD TeaTimer c program files spybot - search amp destroy TeaTimer exe mRun ATIPTA c program files ati technologies ati control panel atiptaxx exe mRun SoundMan SOUNDMAN EXE mRun SunJavaUpdateSched quot c program files java jre bin jusched exe quot mRun NeroFilterCheck c windows system NeroCheck exe mRun QuickTime Task quot c program files quicktime qttask exe quot -atboottime mRun COMODO Firewall Pro quot c program files comodo firewall cfp exe quot -h mRun AVG TRAY c progra avg avg avgtray exe mRun MAAgent c program files markany contentsafer MAAgent exe mRun RemoteControl quot c program files cyberlink powerdvd PDVDServ exe quot mRun COMODO Internet Security quot c program files comodo... Read more

A:Slow to respond to clicks, disconnects from dialup, lot of programs not responding

Download ComboFix from one of these locations:

Link 1
Link 2
Link 3

* IMPORTANT !!! Save ComboFix.exe to your Desktop
Disable your AntiVirus and AntiSpyware applications, usually via a right click on the System Tray icon. They may otherwise interfere with our tools
Double click on ComboFix.exe & follow the prompts.
As part of it's process, ComboFix will check to see if the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed. With malware infections being as they are today, it's strongly recommended to have this pre-installed on your machine before doing any malware removal. It will allow you to boot up into a special recovery/repair mode that will allow us to more easily help you should your computer have a problem after an attempted removal of malware.
Follow the prompts to allow ComboFix to download and install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console, and when prompted, agree to the End-User License Agreement to install the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console.
**Please note: If the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is already installed, ComboFix will continue it's malware removal procedures.

Once the Microsoft Windows Recovery Console is installed using ComboFix, you should see the following message:

Click on Yes, to continue scanning for malware.

When finished, it shall produce a log for you. Please include the C:\ComboFix.txt in your next reply.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f100/slow-to-respond-to-clicks-disconnects-from-dialup-lot-of-programs-not-responding-312335.html
Relevancy 51.6%

So i have had it for like a month now and i got it from a We Buy Gold shop something like My 5 programs laptop 7 Dell wont respond minutes Windows after a pawn store so it was basically used The laptop was working fine fast and well i downloaded games such as mmo's grand chase and i played that and it ran really well no problems Sometimes the game would have problems and i would have to press the power button to reset it and i did maybe like times i know thats bad And now for dome reason when i log into my laptop it would take a while for the windows screen to load and then i would be logged into my laptop i would go on google chrome and use the internet watch videos after about - good minutes google chrome would load slow and then clompetely stop loading and i would exit and google My Windows 7 Dell laptop programs wont respond after 5 minutes chrome and re-launch it after i re-launch it it wont come up and i would try launching other programs such as control panel or any of my mmo's and they wont even appear and then when i try pressing mutiple application at a time the cpu would freeze It was way worse before sometimes i couldn't get past the windows log in loading screen i would be loading for like and hour and I would have to power rest AGAIN I honestly cannot even use my computer without having all the applications not work or it crashing somebody please help have you ever experinced this weird problem before My cpu is completely virus free and i have avast and constant gaurd protection suite if any one has any suggestons or comment please reply Thank You

A:My Windows 7 Dell laptop programs wont respond after 5 minutes

Hello zackerytun, even though you aren't complaining of BSODs, could you please follow the http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html
Also, look on the bottom of the Laptop and tell us what model # Dell you have.

Thanks.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/236049-my-windows-7-dell-laptop-programs-wont-respond-after-5-minutes.html
Relevancy 51.6%

I got infected by the bug that hides all of your files desktop all programs administrative tools etc I managed to get my folders back up and my start menu is organized again but my computer still performs slowly Sometimes it takes about - minutes or longer to load after selecting a user when it used to only take a few seconds I usually can t run programs respond, don't background black Windows slow, loads any programs for more than about minutes without the program freezing or the computer crashing especially programs that use a lot of resources such an Adobe program and I cannot access the security options Windows loads slow, programs don't respond, black background task manager by pressing ctrl alt delete Also the sound on my audio programs is blaring and distorted sometimes don t know if that is a symptom of the infection or not but it just recently started and it happens through my speakers and headphones I have run a couple of anti-malware programs including Spyware Doctor and MalwareBytes and they got me to a point of minimal operation and now I need help getting rid of the rest of this thing Thanks in advance for any assistance you are able to render DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Internet Explorer BrowserJavaVersion Run by MHSA Head Start at on - - Microsoft Windows Home Premium GMT - AV Norton Internet Security Disabled Outdated DF - - D- - DC EFD BF SP Windows Defender Enabled Updated D DDC A- F- fae- E -DA C ACF SP Spyware Doctor Enabled Updated BB -F DA- F- A E-F FF F SP Norton Internet Security Enabled Outdated D BEB -B A- E - B -B B FW Norton Internet Security Disabled BE D -DB F- - AD - F E C FC Running Processes C Windows system wininit exe C Windows system lsm exe C Windows system svchost exe -k DcomLaunch C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k RPCSS C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalServiceNetworkRestricted C Windows System svchost exe -k LocalSystemNetworkRestricted C Windows system svchost exe -k netsvcs C Windows System DriverStore FileRepository stwrt inf x neutral f bca bba b STacSV exe C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalService C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display NvXDSync exe C Windows system nvvsvc exe C Windows system svchost exe -k NetworkService C Windows system svchost exe -k LocalServiceNoNetwork C Windows System spoolsv exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files PC Tools Security BDT BDTUpdateService exe C Windows system taskhost exe C Windows system Dwm exe C Windows Explorer EXE C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation Display nvtray exe C Program Files DellTPad Apoint exe C Program Files IDT WDM sttray exe C Program Files CyberLink PowerDVD DX PDVDDXSrv exe C Program Files Adobe Acrobat Acrobat acrotray exe C Program Files Flip Video FlipShare FlipShareService exe C Program Files Common Files Java Java Update jusched exe C Program Files HP HP Software Update hpwuSchd exe C Program Files Ask com Updater Updater exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files PC Tools Security pctsGui exe C Program Files PC Tools Security BDT FGuard exe C Program Files Pando Networks Media Booster PMB exe C Program Files DellTPad ApMsgFwd exe C Program Files DellTPad Apntex exe C Program Files DellTPad HidFind exe C Windows system conhost exe C Windows system svchost exe -k hpdevmgmt C Program Files Common Files Motive McciCMService exe C Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Program Files Norton Internet Security Engine ccSvcHst exe C Windows system DRIVERS o flash exe C Windows System svchost exe -k HPZ C Program Files Common Files Intuit QuickBooks QBCFMonitorService exe C Program Files PC Tools Security pctsAuxs exe C Program Files PC Tools Security pctsSvc exe C Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exe C Program Files NVIDIA Corporation D Vision nvSCPAPISvr exe C Windows system svchost exe -k imgsvc C Windows system wbem unsecapp exe C Windows ... Read more

A:Windows loads slow, programs don't respond, black background

Hello and welcome to Bleeping Computer! I am HelpBot: an automated program designed to help the Bleeping Computer Staff better assist you! This message contains very important information, so please read through all of it before doing anything. We apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here. To help Bleeping Computer better assist you please perform the following steps:*************************************************** In order to continue receiving help at BleepingComputer.com, YOU MUST tell me if you still need help or if your issue has already been resolved on your own or through another resource! To tell me this, please click on the following link and follow the instructions there.CLICK THIS LINK >>> http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/logreply/425906 <<< CLICK THIS LINK If you no longer need help, then all you needed to do was the previous instructions of telling me so. You can skip the rest of this post. If you do need help please continue with Step 2 below.*************************************************** If you still need help, I would like you to post a Reply to this topic (click the "Add Reply" button in the lower right hand of this page). In that reply, please include the following information:If you have not done so already, include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.A new DDS and GMER log. For your convenience, you will find the instructions for generating these logs repeated at the bottom of this post.
Please do this even if you have previously posted logs for us.If you were unable to produce the logs originally please try once more.If you are unable to create a log please provide detailed information about your installed Windows Operating System including the Version, Edition and if it is a 32bit or a 64bit system. If you are unsure about any of these characteristics just post what you can and we will guide you.Please tell us if you have your original Windows CD/DVD available. Upon completing the above steps and posting a reply, another staff member will review your topic and do their best to resolve your issues.Thank you for your patience, and again sorry for the delay.*************************************************** We need to see some information about what is happening in your machine. Please perform the following scan again: Download DDS by sUBs from one of the following links if you no longer have it available. Save it to your desktop.DDS.scr DDS.pifDouble click on the DDS icon, allow it to run. A small box will open, with an explanation about the tool. No input is needed, the scan is running. Notepad will open with the results. Follow the instructions that pop up for posting the results. Close the program window, and delete the program from your desktop.Please note: You may have to disable any script protection running if the scan fails to run. After downloading the tool, disconnect from the internet and disable all antivirus protection. Run the scan, enable your A/V and reconnect to the internet. Information on A/V control HERE We also need a new log from the GMER anti-rootkit Scanner. Please note that if you are running a 64-bit version of Windows you will not be able to run GMER and you may skip this step. Please first disable any CD emulation programs using the steps found in this topic: Why we request you disable CD Emulation when receiving Malware Removal Advice Then create another GMER log and post it as an attachment to the reply where you post your new DDS log. Instructions on how to properly create a GMER log can be found here: How to create a GME... Read more

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/425906/windows-loads-slow-programs-dont-respond-black-background/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi all,

2 days ago my Windows 7 sleep option suddenly disabled, tried to update to the newest video card driver but still couldn't fix it. Does anyone here know how to fix this? Please see picture below.

Thanks

A:Sleep option disabled?

This is for Vista but it applies to Win 7 also: Re-Enable Sleep Mode in Windows Vista

See if that helps.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/220110-sleep-option-disabled.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Has anyone experienced this? Being stuck with an on-screen keyboard after opening up the chromebook R11. I wasn't in tablet mode. If I put it into tablet mode and come back out, the keyboard still is disabled and I'm forced to use the on-screen keyboard. To get out of this situation, I have to reboot. I have no problems when  I go  in and out of tablet or tent mode on purpose, I can use the keyboard when I exit out of these modes.   

A:My CB R11 keyboard gets disabled after sleep and s...

I'm having the same problem and this is the 2nd CB R11 I've had. Each lasted about a week before I was locked out of the keyboard. I was hoping there was a setting or something but it goes directly to touchscreen mode when I click a text field (cell, google doc, etc.).  Rebooting fixes it temporarily but that's a little inconvenient.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Chromebooks/My-CB-R11-keyboard-gets-disabled-after-sleep-and-stuck-with-on/td-p/405487
Relevancy 50.74%

Has anyone experienced this? Being stuck with an on-screen keyboard after opening up the chromebook R11. I wasn't in tablet mode. If I put it into tablet mode and come back out, the keyboard still is disabled and I'm forced to use the on-screen keyboard. To get out of this situation, I have to reboot. I have no problems when  I go  in and out of tablet or tent mode on purpose, I can use the keyboard when I exit out of these modes.   

A:My CB R11 keyboard gets disabled after sleep and s...

I'm having the same problem and this is the 2nd CB R11 I've had. Each lasted about a week before I was locked out of the keyboard. I was hoping there was a setting or something but it goes directly to touchscreen mode when I click a text field (cell, google doc, etc.).  Rebooting fixes it temporarily but that's a little inconvenient.

http://community.acer.com/t5/Chromebooks/My-CB-R11-keyboard-gets-disabled-after-sleep-and-stuck-with-on/td-p/405487/jump-to/first-unread-message
Relevancy 50.74%

I was doing some tweaks to my SSD and along the way I found an option to disable it from being able to wake the computer from sleep (WMC was doing this weekly and it was frustrating). Now I want to be able to use Orb to wake my PC remotely but I have this disabled and now "Allow this device to wake the computer" is greyed out in my network card properties. My BIOS doesn't have anything helpful either. I've tried re-tracing my steps and have been searching these forums/Google for the better part of two weeks but haven't been able to find an answer that doesn't simply say, "check the box in your network card properties -" this obviously isn't an option for me since it's greyed out. Does anyone know what I did?

A:I disabled sleep waking on my SSD

You don't happen to have a system image or system restore from before you did whatever you did do you?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/79450-i-disabled-sleep-waking-my-ssd.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I have been unable to pinpoint the reason why sleep mode is unavailable for my windows vista home premium x86. In the command line, I typed "powercfg -a" and both S1, S2, and S3 were listed as unavailable. I know my motherboard, an ASUS P5G41-M LX2 supports the feature, but I can't get it to work. Windows is updated, and the power options for allowing sleep when sharing media is enabled. I Don't know what to do.

other things to consider: I recently put in this motherboard as a replacement for the previous one which fried. As such, I had to purchase a new power supply as well. Is it possible the power supply doesn't support sleep mode?

Thanks for the help,
Will

A:Sleep mode disabled

The motherboard tells the PSU what to do so, no, the PSU is not responsible.

Open the Start Menu and in the "Begin Search" text box type "performance." You see "Performance Information and Tools" Control Panel app. Open it. If Vista detect any software that interferes with Sleep, it shows an alert here or in "Problem Reports and Solutions" in the lower left.

Update your motherboard drivers. Or, roll them back.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/276676-sleep-mode-disabled.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hey everyone - I have a lot of experience in the IT field but this has be stumped. My fiance has a Toshiba Satelite A215 S4747 notebook with Realtek High Definition Audio. As far as I know, it was working fine in Vista. I decided to install Windows 7 Pro 64-bit to take advantage of the proc and 4 GB of memory. However, after she puts the laptop to sleep, the sound is disabled. In fact, the sound card disappears from the Device Manager all together.

I've tried the the latest drivers from Toshiba's site (which were Vista 64-bit), I've tried uninstalling the drivers and using the Microsoft drivers, and I've also tried the latest R2.40 drivers on Realtek's website. They all give the same behavior.

Any other ideas to try? It's very annoying to have to restart every time you put the PC to sleep to get sound.

A:Sound Disabled After Sleep

Welcome!

Have you tried updating your chipset drivers? Seeing as she has onboard sound, this might be the solution.

Hope this helps,
~JK

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/57379-sound-disabled-after-sleep.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hello,

I've been using Windows 8 for almost a month now and it's been great. But, since around 4am today (ICT), this popped out of nowhere: Windows goes to sleep despite the Power Options being set to disable sleep both while on AC power and on battery. I have also checked the Advanced Power Options as well, and it confirmed the settings. I only left the laptop for about half an hour just to come back and found out it has gone to sleep mode, and Event Viewer says the system went to sleep from being idle!! I've included a screenshot as well just to clarify that this isn't a sort of common mistakes. Please help!

Thanks!

A:windows goes to sleep DESPITE having been DISABLED

For a fail-safe stay awake I use Caffeine because windows INSISTS on being power efficient, which can be a good thing, but a pain.

Download Caffeine 1.5 Free - Prevent your PC from activating a screen saver or locking - Softpedia

I know this isn't a fix, but it's my preferred way of KNOWING 100% that it will not go to sleep.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/19204-windows-goes-sleep-despite-having-been-disabled.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi guys I have a weird issue with my wireless adapters. I will put my computer to sleep and then resume my work a few hours later, when the computer wakes up both wireless adapters are disabled and I have to go into adapter settings to re-enable them. My adapters are a netgear wna1100 usb adapter and an azio pci card adapter.

Relevancy 50.31%

hi,

my computer is running on windows vista home premium. Recently i noted that the sleep and hibernate function is not working. i tried enabling in manually through comand prompt. However it says that " the following items are preventing hibernation on this system. there are one or more legacy drivers installed: hardlock ". how do i resolve this problem?

A:sleep or hibernate function is disabled

go manufacturers web site and download updated drivers for your make and model and install should help

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/sleep-or-hibernate-function-is-disabled-331620.html
Relevancy 50.31%

So I can't change the sleep option for AC The Power Configuration will not let me change the value The field which is set to 'Never' is greyed out There is a warning that basically tells me to check the Group Policy settings Note I can change all other power configuration options apart from this one Note This happens on all Windows machines in my network private home Note I run SBS and powercfg.cpl in option disabled Sleep have a domain I am pretty sure that there is no Group Policy that can be set to prevent a user Sleep option disabled in powercfg.cpl from changing the sleep value I have looked and none of the policies are even close All polices that have anything to do with power configuration are undefined Note I have checked the group policy settings on the computers and no I can't find a policy that would prevent anyone from changing the sleep timer Note Yes of course I have admin rights on the computer Please please help This is driving me absolutely bananaz

A:Sleep option disabled in powercfg.cpl

Have you tried creating your own power plan?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/118621-sleep-option-disabled-powercfg-cpl.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi all,

2 days ago my Windows 7 sleep option suddenly disabled, tried to update to the newest video card driver but still couldn't fix it. Does anyone here know how to fix this? Please see picture below.

Thanks

A:[SOLVED] Sleep option disabled?

Check your power options Control Panel>Power Options locate your power setting then select advanced power options and see if the sleep option is enabled. Plus you have Windows 7 RC1 upgrade to the final version of Windows RTM.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/solved-sleep-option-disabled-636315.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Here's the skinny:

I downloaded the RC over the summer to try it out, alongside linux mint. I like it so much that I've decided to abandon the linux distro for now and let Windows 7 take over my whole hard drive. The one thing remaining before falling in love is the lack of standby mode. The sleep function is grayed out in the start menu, so I can't even put it to sleep. This is annoying because I'm using a laptop at school, which I would like to put on standby (instead of hibernating) between classes. This is a 100% fresh install. It was the first thing I tried once the install finished, because I had trouble with the previous Win7 install. I can't figure it out.... Maybe a bios update?? Please Help!!

I have a HP tc4200.

Here's a screenshot
http://img193.imageshack.us/img193/4946/sleepi.jpg

A:Sleep function disabled.. how do you enable?

What version of Windows 7 are you using..

And where did you get your copy of Windows 7 from?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/22194-sleep-function-disabled-how-do-you-enable.html
Relevancy 50.31%

For some reason, my stand-by/sleep mode is disabled. I cannot figure out how to re-enable it. I tried going to control panel > power options but this seems to be run by IBM and not Windows. None of the options it gives allow it to be re-enabled and i don't remember doing anything in particular to disable it in the first place. I have an IBM and it seems to take responsibilty over Windows for multiple tasks, such as power management, internet connection, etc.

A:Disabled Sleep/Stand-By Mode

Hold the blue [Fn] button in the lower left corner of the screen and try re-activating sleep from there.

I think its either [Fn] + [F7] or [F4] or [F3], might be another key too, but i think all IBM thinkpads are essentially the same

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/disabled-sleep-stand-by-mode-81361.html
Relevancy 49.45%

MY pc keeps waking from sleep.
Lastwake shows
Wake History Count - 1
Wake History [0]
  Wake Source Count - 0
Event log entries show Wake Source: Unknown
I have set Allow Wake Timers to disabled in Power settings. I have also unchecked "Allow device to wake this computer" in Device Manager for mouse, LAN etc. 
How can I
1. Find out what is waking up my pc?
2. Prevent whatever is waking the pc?
I have the latest updates installed.

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/e5a1508b-1ad1-4312-8fa2-3c101e0ab724/pc-wakes-from-sleep-even-when-wake-disabled-on-windows-10?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 49.45%

Hi, That's the question. I have my computer in my bedroom, so this is a real pain! The automatic maintenance is scheduled to 10am (I rescheduled it on purchase, when it annoyed the hell out of me at 3am). That one also still works and I'm fine with that. But it's just acquired without my permission a new wake up at 7am that I don't want - particularly when I wish to sleep in!! I recently installed iTunes, which coincided with the problem, but couldn't find anything on the program that suggested any type of maintenance time, nor does the powercfg (info I found when Googling to solve this problem) mention iTunes. I've tried Dr Google, which usually helps me solve problems such as this, but with no luck. See picture of power cfg. Can anyone help?

A:My Windows 8 PC Wakes Up From Sleep With Wake Up Disabled

Looks like when you disable wake up it takes a day or so to work. My computer still woke up as per normal the following day (I'd disabled it at night), but actually worked AFTER that initial next day. Silly...

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/69477-my-windows-8-pc-wakes-up-sleep-wake-up-disabled.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hey all i currently don't use the hibernate on windows 7 my power setting is balanced so hard disk turns off after 20 mins then 30 mins it goes into sleep basically wanting to know if i disable my hibernate file will it affect the computer going into sleep mode?
Note - My power setting is default on balanced

A:Safe to sleep with hibernate file disabled?

It's 100% safe because sleeping doesn't use the Hibernation file. Instead, it stores your session in the memory. So, the computer is not completely off in Sleep Mode because the memory is still being powered in order to keep your session in the memory. In Hibernation Mode, your session is put into the Hibernation file instead of memory and then the computer is completely powered off. So in Hibernation Mode, you could even unplug your power supply for a day, a week, a month, etc. and then plug it back in and you could still resume from Hibernation because your session was stored on the hard drive. So again in Sleep Mode, your session is stored in memory and therefore the power cannot be completely cut. It still needs about 2 or 3 watts to keep the memory "alive" (the memory is the only thing that's "on" in Sleep Mode).

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/286042-safe-sleep-hibernate-file-disabled.html
Relevancy 49.45%

Hello All,  I have an X240, latest BIOS as of today, 2.21.1.12. FnLk gets disabled when the laptop comes back from so-called Deep Sleep mode. This problem is also described in the T400/T500 section and there is a work around posted by someotherguy: disable Deep Sleep (30 Day Standby) in Lenovo Settings app in Metro UI. This thread is to make sure that Lenovo Support Team is aware of this issue on X240 and releases a fix for it.

Solved!
Go to Solution.

A:X240: FnLk gets disabled after deep sleep

There are 2 issues:

1.  Fn-Ctrl swap setting is lost after deep sleep
2.  Fn-Lock setting is lost after deep sleep

#1 is fixed by X240 BIOS 2.21 which was released last week.

#2 will be fixed by X240 BIOS 2.22 but I don't know the release schedule yet.  I expect it will be released sometime during April.

https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/ThinkPad-X-Series-Laptops/X240-FnLk-gets-disabled-after-deep-sleep/td-p/1504244
Relevancy 49.45%

Hello I have a problem with Lenovo Y Every time Wireless sleep LenovoY530 disabled after function the computer sleeps wireless function get's disabled and after waking up computer cannot connect to any network Trying to use the combination Fn F which should toggle wireless function does nothing The solution to the problem is to run automatic network diagnostics which fixes the issue it says quot wireless function disabled - fixed quot but I have to run it every Wireless function disabled after sleep LenovoY530 time Because it's my girlfriends laptop I am trying to automate the process of running the network diagnostics The following command runs network diagnostics from command prompt netsh trace diagnose NetConnection Wireless function disabled after sleep LenovoY530 It does find the problem but doesn't fix it I'm looking for some kind of parameter to this command which will make it run the network diagnostics and fix problem not only detect it Can anyone help P S I tried changing the drivers for the network card but that didn't help The network card is not the original card because original was fried after computer was flooded It's Intel Wireless Wifi Link AGN P S The computer also has hardware switch for wireless function but it doesn't switch the card on off Guy who replaced the card said it was put in different slot on the mainboard which doesn't get disabled by hardware switch

A:Wireless function disabled after sleep LenovoY530

Try going to device manager and going to properties in your wireless card and under power Managment uncheck "allow computer to turn off this device to save power"

If that doesn't work try looking around in the bios

http://www.sevenforums.com/network-sharing/284764-wireless-function-disabled-after-sleep-lenovoy530.html
Relevancy 49.45%

My HP Notebook 250 G5 using Windows 10 has disabled the 'Sleep' option on my laptop. It has done it before and the old way I used did not work this time. The computer is working fine, it just cannot update to the newest version of Windows 10 because my storage is small and I don't understand why when all I use is Google Chrome.  But anyway, the sleep mode option is gone and that bothers me because the computer is just on with a blank screen and I'm worried that is going to eventually burn out the screen. I haven't had this computer for a year yet. Anyone have any solutions? They'll be greatly appreciated.  Thank you 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-Notebook-250-G5-Using-Windows-10-Sleep-Mode-Disabled/td-p/5788670
Relevancy 49.45%

After a few minutes of inactivity, my seems like it's Sleep, but that's disabled. Screen saver is disabled and all power off settings are set to Never. I wouldn't bother, but it's a video editing PC and if I am capturing footage when it sleeps it halts the capture.

Again, Sleep is set to Never. All power off setting are set to Never. Screen saver is disabled.

Any ideas will be welcomed. If you live near me I pay in beer.

Steve B

Specs...
Asus P5N32-SLI Premium BIOS 1002
Intel Core2Duo 6700 2.66GHz
4MB DDR2 RAM
NVIDIA Quadro FX 1500
Vista Home Premium SP1

A:Sleep is disabled, but Vista stills naps

Wait so does it go into standby, or fully shut down?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/sleep-is-disabled-but-vista-stills-naps-344581.html
Relevancy 49.02%

I have an issue I'm trying to resolve for some time now After my laptop wakes up from a sleep state my wifi adapter will becom disabled which can only be resolved with a complete reboot I'm also getting in some cases a bluescreen from Windows where the faulting component is Netwtw sys which adapter after sleep bluescreens disabled and HP ZBoo... Wifi on also only happens when the computer is waking up from a sleep state nbsp I've noticed when the wifi adapter becomes disabled I will see shortly before this an entry in the Windows Event Log that says nbsp WLAN AutoConfig detected limit connectivity performing Reset Recover adapter nbsp Here are the details of my configuration and what I've done so far to try and resolve it nbsp HP Studio ZBook G Windows OS Build BIOS Wifi Adapter Intel R Dual Band Wireless-AC Driver version nbsp nbsp Here is Wifi adapter disabled after sleep and bluescreens on HP ZBoo... what I've tried so far nbsp Completely reinstalled Windows from scratch Unchecked the Allow the computer to turn Wifi adapter disabled after sleep and bluescreens on HP ZBoo... off this device to save power option for the adapter Updated all drivers and BIOS from the HP Support site for this laptop Stopped the Intel R PROSet Wireless Zero Configuration Wifi adapter disabled after sleep and bluescreens on HP ZBoo... Service and set its startup to manual nbsp I would appreciate any suggestions if anyone has seen this or knows the solution nbsp Thank you nbsp Bob Ward

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Wireless-and-Networking/Wifi-adapter-disabled-after-sleep-and-bluescreens-on-HP/td-p/5840041
Relevancy 49.02%

Hi,

I've disabled the power/sleep button in the start menu a while ago to prevent my children from shutting down the computer. Now they are older and I want to get them to put the computer to sleep when they are not using it. Unfortunately, I can not remember how I disabled the power button. There are no group policies set and I couldn't find any settings on the registry (as suggested in your tutorials Power Button and Shutdown Options - Start Menu). Here is a screenshot of the situation:

https://www.nirvanaware.com/browser/...abledPower.jpg

Any ideas how I could enable this again?

A:disabled power/sleep button in start menu

Hi Tinschel,

Welcome to Vista Fourms.

You might see if this tutorial is what you did. To enable it again, you will just need to delete the ACSettingIndex DWORD in the registry.

Removing the Sleep function in the Shutdown menu

Hope this is it,
Shawn

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/147540-disabled-power-sleep-button-start-menu.html
Relevancy 49.02%

AOA n Hi

I have found that sleep and hibernate options are disabled with ShutDown Buttons. due to this, when lid is down, my laptop is still working.
Also, when i go to controlPAnel<<Power Options << then ....there is options of "Change settings that are currently unavailable" when i click it, options becomes unvisible. Also in the Power Plan Options...(on the same window/tab), When i click ComboBox for Battery and Plugged in......There are no Options of Sleep or Hibernate, only "Do nothing" and "ShutDown" options are there.

Please help. Thanks in anticipation.

A:Sleep and Hibernate options are disabled with ShutDown Button

1.) Is your laptop up to date with the latest drivers?

See here: Automatically Find HP Updates | HP Support

That website will search your HP laptop for driver updates. Download and install all driver updates found.

2.) Try this as well: Microsoft fix it-enable hibernation

That is a microsoft fix it that will enable hibernation for you.

3.) More information:

Troubleshoot power problems

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/328386-sleep-hibernate-options-disabled-shutdown-button.html
Relevancy 49.02%

Hello.

7 x64 goes in/out of Sleep Mode successfully, but Aero Peek's visual effects disable approx. 2 sec. after the system wakes. If I log out/on the effects are still disabled; I have to reboot to restablish.

Phenom 9850 x4 2.5 GHz
GeForce 9600 GS

Thank you for any help.

* I also have issue with right-clicking and Explorer crashing, however mine only occurs when I right-click on the Recycle Bin, and only after my computer has been running for awhile and I am recycling multiple files.

A:Aero Peek disabled after waking from Sleep Mode

Make sure your video card drivers are up to date. Download them right from the manufacturer's site.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/41189-aero-peek-disabled-after-waking-sleep-mode.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Whenever I press the sleep button on my computer, or when I leave it idle and it goes to sleep by itself, I get a blue screen of death. I would really like to solve this issue and it would be great if someone was able to help me ...

Now, this computer came with an AMD video card, but I uninstalled those drivers and took out the video card and installed a GTX 570 from EVGA. The drivers are up to date, so I am pretty sure the new hardware is installed correctly. Furthermore, it was not doing this for the first few months of having the video card installed. This is very recent, so I don't understand what it could be...

I've attached an image of the BSOD so you all can see.

Thanks for any help you can give

Relevancy 47.3%

Somehow it has a my custom plan1.
I want to delete my custom plan 1 because it does not work.
I change settings to 1 minute, it does not sleep.

IF I click start then sleep, yes it will sleep.

It used to sleep, I made some changes somehow custom plan 1 got invoked and now it does not do what I have it set to do.

adding, following this I was able to delete that plan
seeing if balanced will sleep.
Custom Power Plan - Create or Delete

A:Computer will not goto sleep on timer, will sleep when manually done

well, that darned PC still wont sleep

trying the disable wake timers setting.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/324443-computer-will-not-goto-sleep-timer-will-sleep-when-manually-done.html
Relevancy 47.3%

As usual, i started my Computer by pressing the "Power On" Button at the Processor but my computer was totally no respond the all. I had comfirmed that the Power 240 AC Volt supply to my PC has no problem.
Anyone have any ideas of what is happening on my PC, pls help?

A:Computer no respond at all!! Help pls.

Any fan movement?
Any beeps?
Probably your power supply needs to be replaced. borrow or test with a known working power supply.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-no-respond-at-all-help-pls.521751/
Relevancy 47.3%

Iím a Windows XP user.

Iíve been having a virus problem on my computer and I tried to (stupidly) remove some files from my registry that I did not recognize Ė most of them I knew were simply junk (i.e. Ė BullsEye Network, NaviSearch, etc). However, I apparently accidentally deleted a file / files I need. My computer turns on now but does not get past the start screen. It doesnít respond. I tried to put my XP reinstallation CD (from Dell) into the CD drive but I get no response.

As on XP there are icons with my name and my wifeís for us to choose to go to the appropriate homepage, but now these icons are absent. The size of the cursor, font make it look as if the computer is in a safe mode setting.

Can someone assist me in working through this mess? I appreciate it greatly.
Thank you!

A:Computer Won't Respond

<<I tried to put my XP reinstallation CD (from Dell) into the CD drive but I get no response.>>

F2 at the begining of the boot to get into the bios and change the boot sequence for CD first

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/computer-wont-respond.312590/
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi, I jus Built My Own Computer, which of course was a bad idea. It was working great for about a month. I replaced The Mother Board and The Power supply and still wont turn on. I got it to power the fans on at a really high speed but still not responsive. I took out the ram and Graphics Card, and still not responsive. The Green Light on the Mother Board is lit up. I'm not sure what to do.

Specs.
Power Supply: 600 W Thermaltake.

Cpu: Intel Pentium Dual Core E5300 775 Socket

MotherBoard: Asus P5G41-M LX2, G41 Chipset, DDR2, PCI Exp 16.

Graphics Card: Nvidia GeForce 9500 GT, 512 MB,DDR2,DVI-I,HSCP

Ram: DDR2 667mhz

A:Cant get computer to respond

Graphics card

If you took out the graphics card, i wouldn't expect anything to show up on the screen....

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/cant-get-computer-to-respond.145134/