Windows Support Forum

Asus GTX 760 Solid colored BSOD randomly

Q: Asus GTX 760 Solid colored BSOD randomly

I have an issue with my new Asus GTX 760 VGA and I don't now why it happening.
It works good but suddenly a nice solid colored screen appeared.
At the first days it becomes just after windows boots. I just restart and boot in Safemode and every was good.
But after a while there is no boot crash but after some minute later the solid screen appeared again randomly.
PSU Checked
Driver update Checked
Reinstall Windows Checked
Sorry for my bad English but HELP

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Asus GTX 760 Solid colored BSOD randomly

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Asus GTX 760 Solid colored BSOD randomly

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 124, {0, fffffa8004927038, 0, 0}

***** Kernel symbols are WRONG. Please fix symbols to do analysis.

Probably caused by : hardware

Followup: MachineOwner
---------
Test your RAM modules for possible errors.
How to Test and Diagnose RAM Issues with Memtest86+
Run memtest for at least 8 passes, preferably overnight.

If it start showing errors/red lines, stop testing. A single error is enough to determine that something is going bad there.

Stress test the Graphics Card using Furmark.
Video Card - Stress Test with Furmark

Stress test the CPU.
Hardware - Stress Test With Prime95

Are you overclocking? As you are getting BSODs, you should stop overclocking and run all the hardware components like CPU, GPU and RAM to their default settings.

Check if the Power Supply Unit (PSU) supplying adequate power to the computer or not.
eXtreme Power Supply Calculator
Also let us know the wattage of the PSU.

Is the computer hot? Report us the heat of the computer after a couple of hours of your normal usage. Upload a screenshot of the summery tab of Speccy. Alternatively, you can publish a Speccy snapshot too: Speccy - Publish Snapshot of your System Specs .

Let us know the results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/316548-asus-gtx-760-solid-colored-bsod-randomly.html
Relevancy 76.54%

Hello All,

I am new to this forum and i hope i posted my question in the correct section.

I am having issue setting up 2 different solid color backgrounds on a dual monitors setup. I can do the different background pictures on different monitor but not solid color. Does anyone know how to configure two different colored background on dual monitor?

Thank you

A:Have 2 Different Solid Colored Backgrounds

Hi there,

It's not possible to set the background colour different for each monitor. But you can tweak the system.

Make a 'picture' in Paint with the appropriate colour and save it. Then make that the background picture for your screen and select the option to fill the picture to the screen. Do this for both screens.

Greetz,

Rover

http://www.eightforums.com/customization/40832-have-2-different-solid-colored-backgrounds.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Hello, i have just recently got this new computer with windows 7 on it.
I am a gamer, and i have previously had NO problems with any games. UNTIL NOW. Recently when i'm playing my various games my computer crashes to a solid colored screen. (i can still hear sounds from the game for a few more seconds after the solid colored screen comes up) But i can not figure out any reason to why this is happening...
Anyone have any ideas or ways of fixing this??

Thanks

A:computer crashes to solid colored screen

Hi and welcome to SevenForums!

Have you tried to update your video card driver?

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/101028-computer-crashes-solid-colored-screen.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Whenever I left click and drag to select files on my desktop, it does not look how i want it to. I want it to look like it does in a folder. please refer to the attachments for clarification.
Also, does anybody know how to change the color of the border of the solid version? I would like to make it fit with my theme better.

A:How to change dotted line+transparent selection to colored+solid?

Hello David, and welcome to Seven Forums.

The tutorial below can help show you how to turn on the "translucent selection rectangle" to make it solid again. I'm afraid that I don't know a way to change it's color though.

Show Translucent Selection Rectangle

Hope this helps some,
Shawn

http://www.sevenforums.com/customization/320674-how-change-dotted-line-transparent-selection-colored-solid.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Help: ASUS GeForce 2 GTS and colored dots

First of all, sorry for my bad english, I am from Brazil...
Until last week everything was ok... my ASUS GeForce 2 GTS 32 MB was working fine with my AMD Athlon 1.2 GHz, 256 MB SDRAM on an ASUS A7A 266 MOBO.
For better CPU cooling, I changed my computer case to a bigger mini-tower with two internal air circulators (power connectors plugged on my ASUS MOBO) to ensure enought air circulation. After that, I noticed that in 2D programs there are some colored spots (noticed on black color images); if I refresh the picture, the spots change place (sometimes they disappear). My 3D games are ok (Half-Life and Quake 3) and my Athlon is better cooled now (ASUS Probe, last version) and my videocard cooler is working. I am not overclocking anything and did not change a single thing on my ASUS drivers' configuration. Can someone help me?

*Windows 98 SE / Sound Blaster Live! 5.1

A:Problem with ASUS GeForce 2 GTS and colored dots

Welcome to 3dspotlight forums...

The only thing I can think of that could be a problem is your power supply. It is possible that you were sitting on the edge of the max power that it can supply. With a Geforce2 GTS and Athlon its probably best to have at least 300w. If you have 250w its possible that the extra power required by the fans has take a little power from the GF2. Apart from that I would check that no points under the motherboard in the case are too close or touching the base of the case. Not sure what else it could be, sounds like a strange problem. Hopefully one of our selection of knowledgeable members will have a solution or an idea of what may be causing this problem

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/problem-with-asus-geforce-2-gts-and-colored-dots.867/
Relevancy 64.07%

I have a inch all in one Asus just one year old A few months ago when it would go into sleep vertical Asus all-in-one lines goes colored to display mode the display would go to colored vertical lines I would reboot and the computer would restart normally Annoying but not a big deal We turned off the energy saver mode so that we would avoid the problem Now however at night sometime between am and am the computer switches over to the vertical lines Also it will not come back after I reboot I just keep getting the lines Now randomly after trying to reboot a MILLION times it will just decide to work Other details that may Asus all-in-one display goes to colored vertical lines or may not be factors One time it told me something about too many programs running in bit color or maybe it was another number Every time I am successful in rebooting the computer some antivirus program that was preinstalled is flashing in my dock I e that it is running Please help I LOVE my computer and it works beautifully in all other aspects Cheers

A:Asus all-in-one display goes to colored vertical lines

Quote: Originally Posted by Loribischof

I have a 27 inch all in one Asus, just one year old. A few months ago when it would go into sleep mode, the display would go to colored vertical lines. I would reboot and the computer would restart normally. Annoying, but not a big deal. We turned off the energy saver mode, so that we would avoid the problem. Now, however, at night sometime between 12am and 6am the computer switches over to the vertical lines. Also, it will not come back after I reboot. I just keep getting the lines. Now randomly after trying to reboot a MILLION times, it will just decide to work.

Other details that may or may not be factors:

One time it told me something about too many programs running in 16 bit color (or maybe it was another number)
Every time I am successful in rebooting the computer, some antivirus program that was preinstalled is flashing in my dock (I.e. that it is running)

Please help! I LOVE my computer and it works beautifully in all other aspects.

Cheers

Hi Loribischof,

Welcome to Seven forums.

If your system has a video out port then best would be connect it to a external monitor or TV and isolate the issue between LCD and Video card.

Also you should update the video card drivers of your system to to check if it helps in resolving this issue.

Kindly update your system specs here by following this.

Keep us posted with the results so we can advise you further.

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/301384-asus-all-one-display-goes-colored-vertical-lines.html
Relevancy 60.63%

Hello Aggravating issue here Brand spanking new Asus G JM-DS here not Power BSOD: Randomly, G750JM Driver State New Failure Asus even weeks old BSOD with Driver State Power Failure on what I call random occurrence Only reason I'm not taking it back is because I'm now in Ireland instead of the States where I bought it already took back one the first day lol Bought it in store to make sure I had a good and ready laptop BEFORE I left for my trip instead of buying on the internet and having to ship back forth if there were issues of course there were knowing my luck hah Anyway Windows bunch of games installed sometimes it'll BSOD: Driver State Power Failure Randomly, New Asus G750JM happen in a game sometimes during a Skype call sometimes surfing the web or watching a video on my external harddrive sometimes I'll walk away and leave the browser open and I come back to it restarted for some reason Check the logs and sure enough it BSOD'd Happens once a day or every days now The only thing I can think that it always happens is when I'm connected to the internet wirelessly almost always Went a few days when I didn't have internet and it didn't crash I've Googled and BSOD: Driver State Power Failure Randomly, New Asus G750JM Googled for a few days trying to solve BSOD: Driver State Power Failure Randomly, New Asus G750JM on my own but it always comes back Just off the top of my bad memory I believe I've ran memory and hard drive checks updated the BIOS from to tried a bunch of drivers from Asus site some don't actually install for some reason like the network ones just make my CD drive beep and never opens and gone down the entire device list clicking quot check get driver updates quot and updated a couple of those Anyways wall of text really need someone else's brain for this Already contacted the store I bought it from but they're definitely not going to want to pay shipping from Ireland and US twice and neither am I since I bought the warranty and its still in the day period Here's the file you techies need I believe I did everything as instructed and hopefully followed all the rules Cheers and thanks ahead of time

A:BSOD: Driver State Power Failure Randomly, New Asus G750JM

i am currently having the same problem i just bought the computer a month ago. i don't know if this has anything to do with it but in the event log at the time of crash i get critical kernal-power error 41. i have tried going to my drivers to see if any have an exclamation point showing they are out of date but they all say up to date.

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/47857-bsod-driver-state-power-failure-randomly-new-asus-g750jm.html
Relevancy 59.77%

Hi I just built my boot solid and M5A97 LED Asus won't DRAM st Pc and it worked for a few days Asus M5A97 DRAM LED solid and won't boot then earlier today I booted up my pc logged in and everything went perfect so I went to the bathroom when I came back my pc was frozen while Asus M5A97 DRAM LED solid and won't boot booting I turned of my computer and went to restart and it came Asus M5A97 DRAM LED solid and won't boot up with the REPAIR WINDOWS or Continue Normaly so I went to repair just in case A few moments after going pressing enter it froze again I then restarted pc again and now it wont boot up There is no video output and the DRAM LED is staying solid and fans are running but wont boot Specs Case Thermaltake V Black Edititon Mid Size Tower With Stock w PSU CPU AMD FX Stock HeatSink Graphics Card PowerColor Radeon HD GB RAM G SKILL Sniper kit x G Motherboard ASUS M A HDD Seagate Barracuda gb DVD DRIVE LG DVD RW SATA Any Suggestion Thanks nbsp

A:Asus M5A97 DRAM LED solid and won't boot

By "no video output", I take it you cannot get into the BIOS at all? I hate it when that happens.

But moving on from that assumption, for starters, I would suggest that you try resetting the CMOS by removing the battery for a few seconds then putting it back in. (Before you do this, please check your mobo's manual for Clear RTC RAM procedure. Make sure you follow the instructions step by step.)

If still no joy, I'd try swapping out the RAM modules just to make sure it isn't faulty RAM.

Have you tried the reset button on the outer panel? Also, you may want to check that your GPU is properly seated. You never know. In fact, I'd check that everything is properly seated, including all the connectors and such.

Sorry I couldn't be of much help, but do stick around and wait a bit for the advice of the more tech savvy members.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-m5a97-dram-led-solid-and-wont-boot.182042/
Relevancy 58.48%

I recently purchased an ASUS P5N-D motherboard, and it has worked just fine for about 3-4 months.

Recently in the last month or so, on occasion when I tried starting it, it would hang on the ASUS screen. I would power it down and restart and it would boot normal. However this morning, even after powering it down, It still hangs on the ASUS screen. It beeps once, saying it has POST'd correctly but just hangs.

Pressing DEL to enter setup does nothing. I cannot boot from a CD or flash. The HDD light stays solid.

EDIT: Also have tried different ram, and moved them around and stuff, no change in boot.

I have tried clearing CMOS, I have check all connections. I can't seem to find anyone with my exact problem. So any suggestions would be great.

A:Solved: MB Posts, solid HDD Light, Hangs on ASUS screen.

Well, while sitting there staring at my computer deciding if I should burn it, my printer made a weird noise...even though it was turned off. I disconnected it from my computer and the computer started right up.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-mb-posts-solid-hdd-light-hangs-on-asus-screen.955589/
Relevancy 58.05%

Hello, SevenForums Community

My Computer is giving me a problem for 1 month!

The problem is that, my computer Freezes randomly, while that is happening my HDD red light Turns Solid RED!

This is totally random, but it happens more times when i'm playing games (ex: Skyrim , GTA San Andreas , The Sims3).

But this happens also when i'm on my desktop.

This problem is making me bald , my pc "back in the days" could run Crysis 2 without a problem, now it freezes randomly.

I hope that you can help me, SevenForums Community.

If you need any information about my Computer tell me.

A:My Computer Freezes randomly while hdd Light turns solid red.

Hey LeonPT, welcome to Sevenforums

First remove all non-essential cards from your machine, i.e sound, modems etc, etc.

Download burn and run memtest from PassMark MemTest86 - Memory Diagnostic Tool. This will test your PC's memory. Leave it running for a few hours.

Next

Download the manufacturers disk for your hard drives. Test and ensure that they are functioning properly.

Remove and clean all components contacts and clean the CPU fan and any other fans in your system.

Report back with results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/297835-my-computer-freezes-randomly-while-hdd-light-turns-solid-red.html
Relevancy 58.05%

I've been using computers since Win but have recently built my own computer for the first time Generally everything works great right up until the point it doesn't Sometimes my PC will randomly just quot lock up quot The screen freezes the keyboard is completely unresponsive including ctrl-alt-del the mouse cursor is the spinning circle The only way out is to hit the RESET button Win7 - Locks Light Randomly HDD Solid Activity Up It seems fairly random and has happened while I was using iTunes Outlook or other programs The one constant is that every time it happens I can see that the HDD activity light is solid It's not flickering blinking like with normal HDD access just solid I don't know whether there is something truly being accessed or whether the solid light is just a red herring Also I don't know if the system is actually frozen or whether there's something hogging the system to the extent it's so slow that it appears frozen It's a pretty beefy system so whatever it is would have to be really doing a number I've only ever Win7 Randomly Locks Up - HDD Activity Light Solid waited like minutes before giving up Given that every time it happens the HDD light goes solid I have to suspect it's something with the hard drive subsystem but I don't know how to begin troubleshooting whether it's a mobo SATA port issue an Intel RST driver issue a hard drive issue a cable issue or maybe it's not the hard drive at all Here's some details see more in my Systems Spec Recently purchased DZ BC mobo Prior to Win installed verified mobo BIOS default was AHCI Installed Win -bit Home Premium Win appears to use Win7 Randomly Locks Up - HDD Activity Light Solid AHCI After installing Windows ran Intel utility to update Win7 Randomly Locks Up - HDD Activity Light Solid install all drivers including Rapid Storage Technology drivers did not update mobo BIOS I am NOT running any RAID Again everything seems to work really nicely right up until the point it decides to instantly freeze It's hard to troubleshoot because it's so random I don't know when to expect it and after it happens I can't bring up any tools i e Resource Manager to see what's going on

A:Win7 Randomly Locks Up - HDD Activity Light Solid

When everything stops is it like BANG all at once? Or is it more like first one app "goes white" then maybe another and another then the cursor stops moving in the span of maybe a few seconds?

If it's the slower one by one scenario then chances are greater than yes it's a HD issue somewhat specifically. As each app gets starved for HD access they white out waiting for it, finally the OS itself is starved for HD access and blocks. If it's an instantaneous hard lock, then the HD access may be pushing something over the top (like memory stability) but may not be the actual cause of the lockup...

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/216749-win7-randomly-locks-up-hdd-activity-light-solid.html
Relevancy 58.05%

first off, this is my first time here, and i apologize if this has already been answered. that being said, every time i am on the internet it randomly loses connectivity. the pc/ activity light on my Motorola SB5101 Surfboard modem stops flashing and stays solid. this happens every 30 minutes or so, whether my computer is on or off. it was never a big deal before, i would just unplug the modem and plug it back in and it would work again, but then cut out after a short while. it is very annoying lol. anyways, i now want to fix the problem, because it seems every time i am in a game on xbox live it cuts out. i tried calling the mediacom tech support but i didnt get any help. can someone please help me with this?

A:Randomly losing connection.. pc/activitly light solid

According to the User Guide that LED flashing means "Transmitting or receiving data." On solid means "A device, such as a computer or
hub, is connected to the USB or
Ethernet connectors on the back
panel."

So with computer off it shouldn't be flashing. With computer on the non-flashing probably means that your computer has lost connection (e.g., bad modem ethernet port, bad cable or bad NIC or maybe malware has messed something up) of is too busy to do internet stuff.

Seriously doubt that this has anything to do with Mediacom.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/randomly-losing-connection-pc-activitly-light-solid.637794/
Relevancy 58.05%

You're probably laughing, as I doubt you get anything other than a very mediocre motherboard.  I've read so many criticisms of Dell, their customer service, their poor parts quality, that I don't know if this machine is of the quality I would like.  
The only thing I could find by calling Dell is that the board is PROBABLY (though they are not sure, which seems really shoddy),  is probably an INTEL LYNX . Z87., but is branded "Dell"
Also, doing a Google search on XPS 8700 motherboard, Tom's Hardware says it is the following:
0KWYT8

A:XPS 8700 - Who makes the motherboard? Is it quality with solid capacitors like an MSI or ASUS board?

Hi Muscibrain,
Dell motherboards are manufactured to their specifications with Intel chipsets.

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19581712
Relevancy 57.19%

This is going to shutsdown solid N6600/TD a beep/ring makes PC Video when Card ASUS sound crazy but my Asus N TD video card makes a solid beep ring when I turn off my computer ASUS N6600/TD Video Card makes a solid beep/ring when PC shutsdown This is NOT coming from the motherboard I turned off my computer and pulled the video card out of the slot and it was still ringing As soon as I pull the DVI cable from the card it stops Turning off the monitor also stops the ASUS N6600/TD Video Card makes a solid beep/ring when PC shutsdown beer ringing However when I turn the monitor back on it doesn t start beeping again I never heard of a speaker on a Video Card and this really isn t a big deal because everything works great but it s still doesn t seem right BTW this doesn t happen when the VGA cable is used It seems like there is somethign up with the DVI cable or a power issue I know that when you turn off a computer the monitor is in a standby mode and not off yet hence the orange lights Here are the specs P ghz Asus P t -c mobo GB RAMBUS RAM Asus N TD Video Card Dell W LCD Monitor TV WTF nbsp

A:ASUS N6600/TD Video Card makes a solid beep/ring when PC shutsdown

Hello! Welcome to TechSpot!

If I found the right card (see pic), the arrow will be pointing to the
onvideo board piasso speaker and right above that is where you plug in the power.
Most video cards that require a separate
molex power supply have these to warn you about power failure. Most often this will occure
durring boot up. First time mine didt it, I had forgotten to connect the power,
they scream like a dickens and like DonNagul, I needed a new pair of undies. :haha:

Barring a faulty DVI cable:
I'm going to assume you have the power connected to your video card, that what is
happening is your psu may be under powered when using digital cable to your Dell LCD.
I'm loose on this thought because you state it doesn't happen when using vga cable.
Also what is the native (digital) res for that Dell Lcd?
You may be running either the card or LCD outside normal range triggering alarm.
G'Luck

P.S. I was just noticing in the pic. just to the left and inbetween the power and speaker, there is a metal ring with copper wire wrapped loosely around it.
I have in the past heard these make similar noise on a MoBO. It would be interesting to know if this could be the cause....just a thought in the dark!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-n6600-td-video-card-makes-a-solid-beep-ring-when-pc-shutsdown.45948/
Relevancy 52.89%

Hello all,

I tried to do a routine (once a year) chkdsk via the command prompt
Code:
> chkdsk /r
> shutdown /r /f /t 1
. And upon the reboot, all I get is a black screen, no cursor, with ~4 rows of rainbow, garbled pixels at the very top of the monitor (certain pixels occasionally change colours). This occurs before the windows splash screen. I have left the computer as is, hoping it will eventually boot on its own with no luck.

Can you help me please? I haven't had any problems, and this was just a routine check. Some more information, I dual-boot with Ubuntu. I can mount and access the windows partition from Ubuntu, and I even ran ntfsfix in Ubuntu (which has some analogous functionality to chkdsk), but it didn't notice any problems, nor did it solve the issue.

Thank you for your help,
faraway1nspace

A:BSOD on initializing chkdsk, no cursor, few rows of colored garbled pi

Hello again, eventually this issue 'resolved' itself: I waited 3 hours and the computer rebooted, and windows 7 has loaded successfully. Is this solved? I suspect that chkdsk was running after all, but it was the GUI display that was garbled, giving all external appearances of being a BSOD, aside from the mysterious rainbow pixels at the top of the screen.

I will flag this as solved, however, I would still like to know why this happens? Is there something wrong with chkdsk? a graphic driver?

Thanks,
faraway1nspace

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/275607-bsod-initializing-chkdsk-no-cursor-few-rows-colored-garbled-pi.html
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi All I just built a brand new computer when a fresh install of Windows Home Ultimate bit This computer has never had any other OS on it I am having an issue when playing Dragon Age Origins that the computer with BSOD when I have gb of ram in the computer With only gb in the computer is rock solid I have tested all the ram in Memtest overnight with no issues I have tried different sets of the gb and they all work fine The problem is when I try to use gb My computer has the following AMD Phenom II X GB OCZ DDR - Black Edition Gigabyte motherboard XFX Radeon W Corsair PSU I think the are the most important components I have installed all Windows Updates have the latest mobo bios and the latest video drivers Here is the event log from a crash ---------------------------------------------------------- Fault bucket X xD dxgmms VidSchiUpdateContextRunningTimeAtISR dxgmms1 8 using Solid BSOD 4 GB running When when ram b type Event Name BlueScreen Response Not available Cab Id Problem signature P P P P P P P BSOD dxgmms1 When using 8 GB ram Solid when running 4 P P P Attached files C Windows BSOD dxgmms1 When using 8 GB ram Solid when running 4 Minidump - - dmp C Users jason-win AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml C Users jason-win AppData Local Temp WER F D tmp WERInternalMetadata xml These files may be available here C Users jason-win AppData Local Microsoft Windows WER ReportArchive Kernel cab c c a Analysis symbol X xD dxgmms VidSchiUpdateContextRunningTimeAtISR b Rechecking for solution Report Id - - Report Status ---------------------------------------------------------- Here is the WER file that the event log references in C Users jason-win AppData Local Microsoft Windows WER ReportArchive Kernel cab c c a ---------------------------------------------------------- Version EventType BlueScreen EventTime ReportType Consent UploadTime ReportIdentifier d -cf f- de-b c- dc d IntegratorReportIdentifier - - Response type Response AnalysisBucket X xD dxgmms VidSchiUpdateContextRunningTimeAtISR b DynamicSig Name OS Version DynamicSig Value DynamicSig Name Locale ID DynamicSig Value UI C Windows system wer dll UI Windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown UI Windows can check online for a solution to the problem UI amp Check for solution UI amp Check later UI Cancel UI Windows has recovered from an unexpected shutdown UI A problem caused Windows to stop working correctly Windows will notify you if a solution is available UI Close Sec Key BCCode Sec Value d Sec Key BCP Sec Value FFFFF CC Sec Key BCP Sec Value B Sec Key BCP Sec Value Sec Key BCP Sec Value FFFFF DAB EB Sec Key OS Version Sec Value Sec Key Service Pack Sec Value Sec Key Product Sec Value State Key Transport DoneStage State Value State Key CA State Value State Key BLOB State Value CHKSUM A B C DB EC F B FBB B BID OCATAG ID e d d- f - b a- b e- cd a b SUB PM File CabName - - dmp File Path - - dmp File Flags File Type File Original Path C Windows Minidump - - dmp File CabName sysdata xml File Path WER- - sysdata xml File Flags File Type File Original Path C Users jason-win AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml File CabName WERInternalMetadata xml File Path WER F D tmp WERInternalMetadata xml File Flags File Type File Original Path C Users jason-win AppData Local Temp WER F D tmp WERInternalMetadata xml File CabName Report cab File Path Report cab File Flags File Type File Original Path Report cab FriendlyEventName Shut down unexpectedly ConsentKey BlueScreen AppName Windows AppPath C Windows System WerFault exe ---------------------------------------------------------- Any help would be greatly appreciated

A:BSOD dxgmms1 When using 8 GB ram Solid when running 4

To get 8GB stable it sometimes helps to raise the memory voltage a bit or decrease the memory latency's a notch. Be sure and use the 2T command rate also. It may also help to increase the northbridge voltage a bit.

Set timings to 8 8 8 24 2T manually. According to what I have read about your particular memory, it may take 1.71-1.77 volts to get them stable at 1600MHz.

Source: OverClocked inside - Redaktion ocinside.de PC hardware page

Another one: 790FX-GD70 RAM settings....OCZ AMD vers

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/39306-bsod-dxgmms1-when-using-8-gb-ram-solid-when-running-4-a.html
Relevancy 49.88%

Hello I recently began experiencing stability issues with my PC and I haven t had much luck searching for answers The issues began about month ago when the computer began crashing at random The computer would stop responding and show a solid color or stripes on the displays i e No Solid Crashing BSOD, - Stripes PC or Colors both screens completely white One screen black one screen green or left screen white right screen black and red horizontal stripes Upon restarting the computer it would make it into windows and then immediately crash again in the same way The computer eventually locked up while bootting after or so cycles of this and the mobo display would not advance past quot A quot after several restarts i turned the computer off for several hours and eventually was able to get it running again by hitting the reset buttong on the motherboard at which point it worked fine for the next month until today The issues began occuring again and it has now happened times in relatively close succession After the first crash it crashed immediately after getting into windows upon restart The next restart after reseting the mobo let the computer run for about minutes before crashing again I turned the computer off for - minutes and it ran for approximately - minutes before crashing again I turned it PC Crashing - No BSOD, Solid Colors or Stripes off reset the mobo and let it sit for - minutes then was able to get it running for another minutes before crashing in the same way The pc is currently off and I am typing this on my laptop I was able to boot up the computer to grab a speccy output I had saved as a text file shortly before the last crash and which I am including with this post The pc is approximately years old and has been running an OEM copy of windows which is approximately years old This feels like a hardware issue of some kind to me but I m really not sure if the problem is with the motherboard RAM Video card or something else entirely I was unable to find anything directly related to my issue while searching for answers so I decided to post here I would greatly appreciate any help anyone has to offer edit The stability has since gotten worse with the pc sometimes requiring multiple attempts to boot I haven t been able to keep it running for more than a couple minutes just enough time to back up some documents Here are the basics from the speccy file and I am attaching the full file in case it provides any additional useful information Summary Operating System Windows Ultimate -bit SP CPU Intel Core i K GHz C Sandy Bridge nm Technology RAM GB Dual-Channel DDR MHz - - - Motherboard BIOSTAR Group TP XE SOCKET C Graphics DELL ST x Hz HL HPB x Hz MB ATI AMD Radeon HD Series XFX Pine Group C Storage GB INTEL SSDSA M G GN ATA Device SSD GB SAMSUNG HD SJ ATA Device SATA C Optical Drives ASUS DRW- B ST a ATA Device DTSOFT Virtual CdRom Device DTSOFT Virtual CdRom Device Audio Logitech G Headset Operating System Windows Ultimate -bit SP Computer type Desktop Installation Date PM Serial Number REDACTED Windows Security Center User Account Control UAC Enabled Notify level - Default Firewall Enabled Windows Update AutoUpdate Notify prior to download Windows Defender Windows Defender Disabled Antivirus Antivirus Enabled Company Name Microsoft Display Name Microsoft Security Essentials Product Version Virus Signature Database Up to date NET Frameworks installed v Full v Client v SP v SP v SP Uptime Current Session Current Time PM Current Uptime sec d h m s Last Boot Time PM Thanks nbsp

A:PC Crashing - No BSOD, Solid Colors or Stripes

the first problem you need to address is this
Partition 0
Partition ID Disk #0, Partition #0
Disk Letter C:
File System NTFS
Volume Serial Number 727FF557
Size 43 GB
Used Space 43 GB (98%)
Free Space 845 MB (2%)

your OS is on partition C of your SSD drive
149GB INTEL SSDSA2M160G2GN ATA Device (SSD)
that partition is 43GB
you have as you can see less than 1GB of free space

the SSD is as you can see above 149GB
the other partition is

Partition 1
Partition ID Disk #0, Partition #1
Disk Letter M:
File System NTFS
Volume Serial Number CE312F45
Size 99 GB
Used Space 68 GB (68%)
Free Space 31.3 GB (32%)
43 GB is a little small but providing you ensured there is nothing there except the OS you may have got away with it
YOU need to create more free space on that
C partition
That is your first job
Get at least 4GB

To start the job boot F8 Safe Mode
examine C and see what is there that can be either moved or uninstalled
For instance if your user files are there
Your pics, docs and music
move them
DO NOT move the user folder
Only the files

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/pc-crashing-no-bsod-solid-colors-or-stripes.1162471/
Relevancy 49.45%

Have been getting this intermittently while playing The Phantom Pain (and sometimes Ground Zeroes), initially it was an issue with hardware that I fixed through a Windows hotfix, but now it's turned to a couple of different messages. One of them was while working with DXGMM1.sys, at which point I uninstalled and reinstalled my DirectX drivers. Now it will either freeze completely and need a hard-reset, or it will BSOD with a hang on OXOOOOOO1E or OXOOOOOO7F. Am I just screwed at this point?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/380466-bsod-metal-gear-solid-phantom-pain-most-often.html
Relevancy 49.45%

This has been happening for quite sometime now, I get the BSOD when I play games but almost always on BF4 and MGS V, I will provide you with my specs and the dump files, I also included a file that uses the program speccy it gives a more detailed version of my specs, please help me.

Hornet

Relevancy 49.02%

Hello I have an up, color but Computer locking turns no solid screen BSOD a issue that started about a and a half weeks ago and I have so far not been able to fix it or figure out what is causing it I've posted Computer locking up, no BSOD but screen turns a solid color on another forum and have received no help so I found this place and hope you guys can help me My computers specs are case rosewill ranger-m Computer locking up, no BSOD but screen turns a solid color dual fans mini towerWindows -bitIntel i - Nvidia geforce gtx TiASRock H Pro -M GB DDR ram g skill ripjaws series Corsair -watt power supplyWestern Digital HD WD FAEX also razor naga epicrazor anansiwestern digital my book external HDsennheiser wireless headphones I sort of have a dual monitor set-up I Computer locking up, no BSOD but screen turns a solid color have an Acer monitor as well as a Cintiq that is always on The issue I am having is that my computer will randomly freeze up and each screen will turn a solid color such as white brown gray black purple pink etc if it matters neither screen is the same color when this happens - now my computer doesn't actually freeze - everything is perfectly fine until the screens blank out There is no sluggish mouse movement lag or anything like that The reset button on the computer works instantly to restart it and it boots up fine with no errors UPDATE Tonight the reset button no longer responds I have to hard shut-down the computer When I first updated the graphics card drivers I thought I had fixed the problem I went over a week without it doing it again - now tonight it's done it times Each time it has happened as far as I can recall I have had world of warcraft open UPDATE Tonight it has happened one time shortly after another crash this time with nothing open Every other crash had been with warcraft open except this one I have so far Done windows updates Updated graphics card drivers Updated anti-virus Scanned for malware Monitored temps they all seem fine Cleaned out computer dust Reset graphics card Made sure all fans are running I've checked the event log and all that is there around the time of the crashes is event ID which appears to just be a generic unexpected shutdown There are things under the error logs but nothing that jumps out Ran memtest for over hours no errors were reported Ran Prime stress test - the first time I started this on Blend my computer crashed in the same manner in less than a minute however I had WoW open in the background The second time I ran it on Blend once again it has been doing fine - it is currently running - for about minutes now I don't have WoW open I looked in my important messages for Windows and I saw this Problem Video Hardware Error Here is the information whocrashed gave me On Tue AM GMT your computer crashedcrash dump file C Windows memory dmpThis was probably caused by the following module Unknown xFFFFFA E D Bugcheck code x x xFFFFFA E D xB x Error WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERRORBug check description This bug check indicates that a fatal hardware error has occurred This bug check uses the error data that is provided by the Windows Hardware Error Architecture WHEA This is likely to be caused by a hardware problem problem This problem might be caused by a thermal issue A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error Google query WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR As far as temperatures go my graphics card is about C when idle and reaches about C when I have Warcraft open From what I read these are normal temps for my card My processor is around c The highest is is reaching under stress testing is C I have monitored these extensively and the few times I've looked right before a crash they were all low normal so I do not think it is a heating issue This DID seem to start very shortly after a forced windows update I tried to upload the memory dmp file I have but it is over the limit zipped

A:Computer locking up, no BSOD but screen turns a solid color

Did you uninstall the old Nvidia drivers before updating the drivers?

It is also important to uninstall the graphics driver last!

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/499484/computer-locking-up-no-bsod-but-screen-turns-a-solid-color/
Relevancy 48.59%

I have an ASUS laptop that I beleive has become infected with a virus that is randomly closing down the laptop amp immediately re-booting it The laptop re-boots fine bar it tries to firstly locate a spyhunter fix rather than Laptop ASUS down shuts randomly the option of XP or Vista I can manually locate ASUS Laptop randomly shuts down the XP option amp then log in OK until the problem recurs The laptop works OK for indeterminate periods of time amp tends to shut down when opening or closing down a programme or a file It is for that reason I do not think I have a power supply issue or temperature issue which seem to be common problems I have advanced system care which suggests the laptop is in A condition amp when it is on it works absolutely fine I am suspicious of the spyhunter fix which I think must be rogue I am also unable to access task manager A longer term problem is I cannot run the laptop in safe mode It gets so far then just gets stuck I accept that any help on here may be limited due to this particular problem Most solutions seem to require safe mode From googling my problem a suggestion of SD fix seems to fit the bill except that I have been unable to download this from ANY link Again I am suspicious that this is part of something sinister going on rather than mere coincidence Any help at all would be appreciated Thanks in advance

A:ASUS Laptop randomly shuts down

Problem has now been resolved.

Please ignore post in 3 days or older thread.

Thanks

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/402718/asus-laptop-randomly-shuts-down/
Relevancy 48.59%

Windows Professional x Asus Sonar DX Gigabyte X A-UD Corsair HX Series W Modular Power Supply Intel DX Asus Xonar Switches OFF Randomly Core i Ghz MSI GTX Cyclone Overclocked Edition GB SLI G Skill Ripjaw GB x GB DDR MHz - - - The card is inserted in the second PCI Express x slot The absolutely annoying problem is that the card stops working randomly The usual relay switch sound can be heard the click and then only a restart can turn it on Quote The clicks are not directly related to the power supply they come from the Asus Xonar DX Switches OFF Randomly relays that are used to disconnect the card from its outputs jacks to prevent pops in the speakers when powering on the computer There are also relays for switching to the front panel and for switching between the line-in and mic-in functions but they sound of those is probably masked by your mouse's clicking I tested the card on another machine where it was working just fine but when I moved it back to my machine seconds after I played online radio it switched off The computer is not even under heavy load so it doesn't matter if I play heavy games or just browse the internet The floppy cable is properly connected and the power supply is more than powerful to feed it The weirdest part is that this same card worked just fine for like a full year and during that time no hardware changes have been made It just started switching off like weeks ago for no apparent reason Does everything look fine here - Ubuntu Pastebin Could it be an IRQ problem conflict I'm helpless Any ideas what to test do in order to establish what the problem is

A:Asus Xonar DX Switches OFF Randomly

Do a search for this card. I see many posts with the same or similar problems.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/221795-asus-xonar-dx-switches-off-randomly.html
Relevancy 48.59%

It usualy freezes when i watch videos or play games or youtube and stuff I dunno what to do here is the hijackthis report thanks alot Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system csrss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS My ASUS serious A6 Laptop Freezes randomly.. system svchost exe C WINDOWS My ASUS A6 serious Laptop Freezes randomly.. system My ASUS A6 serious Laptop Freezes randomly.. svchost exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C WINDOWS EXPLORER EXE C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support bin AppleMobileDeviceService exe C WINDOWS ATKKBService exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files LightScribe LSSrvc exe C Program Files Spyware Doctor sdhelp exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNetwk exe C WINDOWS system wscntfy exe C WINDOWS System alg exe C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe C WINDOWS system fpplock exe C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exe C Program Files iTunes iTunesHelper exe C Program Files PC Connectivity Solution ServiceLayer exe C Program Files MSN Messenger MsnMsgr Exe C Program Files Messenger msmsgs exe C WINDOWS system ctfmon exe C Program Files Windows Media Player WMPNSCFG exe C WINDOWS system algssl exe C Program Files Skype Phone Skype exe C Program Files WinZip WZQKPICK EXE C Program Files iPod bin iPodService exe C WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C WINDOWS system msiexec exe C Program Files Internet Explorer iexplore exe C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WLLoginProxy exe C Documents and Settings Ian Dadon Local Settings Temporary Internet Files Content IE I M PS HiJackThis exe C WINDOWS system wbem wmiprvse exe R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Page URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Default Search URL http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Search Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - HKLM Software Microsoft Internet Explorer Main Start Page http go microsoft com fwlink LinkId R - URLSearchHook amp Yahoo Toolbar - EF BD -C FB- D - F- D F - no file F - REG system ini UserInit userinit exe EXPLORER EXE O - Hosts auto search msn com O - Hosts auto search msn es O - BHO Adobe PDF Reader Link Helper - E F-C D - D -B D- B D BE B - C Program Files Common Files Adobe Acrobat ActiveX AcroIEHelper dll O - BHO Groove GFS Browser Helper - - C - D -B F - BBC D A E - C PROGRA MICROS Office GRA E DLL O - BHO SSVHelper Class - BB-D F - C-B EB-D DAF D D - C Program Files Java jre bin ssv dll O - BHO no name - E D - A- EC-A -BA D E E - no file O - BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper - D - C - ABF- ECC- C - C Program Files Common Files Microsoft Shared Windows Live WindowsLiveLogin dll O - BHO TBSB - BDCA AC -C B- D -A - B C - C PROGRA QUICKN YOUTUB DLL O - Toolbar Youtube-Download-Convert-Toolbar - AE E C- - F - - A A A CAF - C Program Files Quicknation YouTubeDownload-Convert dll O - HKLM Run kav quot C Program Files Kaspersky Lab Kaspersky Anti-Virus avp exe quot O - HKLM Run TkBellExe quot C Program Files Common Files Real Update OB realsched exe quot -osboot O - HKLM Run PC Pitstop Optimize Scheduler C Program Files PCPitstop Optimize PCPOptimize exe -boot O - HKLM Run PCSuiteTrayApplication C Program Files Nokia Nokia PC Suite LaunchApplication exe -startup O - HKLM Run Warning do not remove it fpplock exe O - HKLM Run Adobe Photo Downloader quot C Program Files Adobe Photoshop Album Starter Edition Apps apdproxy exe quot O - HKLM Run Adobe Reader Speed Launcher quot C Program Files Adobe Reader Reader Reader sl exe quot O - HKLM Run IMJPMIG msime exe O - HKLM Run QuickTime Task quot C Program Files QuickTime QTTask ex... Read more

A:My ASUS A6 serious Laptop Freezes randomly..

O17 - HKLM\System\CCS\Services\Tcpip\..\{4FB5EE3D-4385-4B9C-966E-73CEE1066A59}: NameServer = 168.95.192.1,168.95.1.1
O18 - Protocol: grooveLocalGWS - {88FED34C-F0CA-4636-A375-3CB6248B04CD} - C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office12\GR99D3~1.DLL
O23 - Service: Apple Mobile Device - Apple, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\Mobile Device Support\bin\AppleMobileDeviceService.exe
O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: ATK Keyboard Service (ATKKeyboardService) - ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC. - C:\WINDOWS\ATKKBService.exe
O23 - Service: Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0 (AVP) - Kaspersky Lab - C:\Program Files\Kaspersky Lab\Kaspersky Anti-Virus 6.0\avp.exe
O23 - Service: InstallDriver Table Manager (IDriverT) - Macrovision Corporation - C:\Program Files\Common Files\InstallShield\Driver\11\Intel 32\IDriverT.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: LightScribeService Direct Disc Labeling Service (LightScribeService) - Hewlett-Packard Company - C:\Program Files\Common Files\LightScribe\LSSrvc.exe
O23 - Service: Spectrum24 Event Monitor (S24EventMonitor) - Unknown owner - C:\Program Files\Intel\Wireless\Bin\S24EvMon.exe (file missing)
O23 - Service: PC Tools Spyware Doctor (SDhelper) - PC Tools Research Pty Ltd - C:\Program Files\Spyware Doctor\sdhelp.exe
O23 - Service: ServiceLayer - Nokia. - C:\Program Files\PC Connectivity Solution\ServiceLayer.exe
O24 - Desktop Component 0: (no name) - http://www.allhiphop.com/CelebImages/flicks_BET2006_tyrese_goode.gif

--
End of file - 10213 bytes

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-asus-a6-serious-laptop-freezes-randomly.86247/
Relevancy 48.59%

So I just got the card, it's just awesome.

But I recently have noticed weird "snap" sounds, just like a little bump, when I'm listening to music, or just randomly when someone links me something in skype e.g. just any random occasion.

Any ideas what might be causing this?

I'm a complete noob at this stuff, this is my first non-onboard audiocard so any stupid mistakes could've been made!

Relevancy 48.59%

Every so often when the computer is running, a series of beeps (typically four, although sometimes it's more erratic) can be heard through the built-in speakers on the notebook (if I mute the volume, nothing can be heard). Sometimes, it is heard frequently and other times it is seldom heard. Thanks in advance.

A:ASUS Notebook Randomly Beeps

And I'm using a Vista 32-bit, if that says anything about my problem.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/asus-notebook-randomly-beeps-448038.html
Relevancy 48.59%

Tech Support Guy System down closing ASUS Laptop randomly Info Utility version OS Version Microsoft Windows XP Professional Service Pack bit Processor Intel Pentium III Xeon processor x ASUS Laptop randomly closing down Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card Mobile Intel R Series Express Chipset Family Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard ASUSTeK Computer Inc K IJ BSN Antivirus AntiVir Desktop Updated Yes On-Demand Scanner Enabled OK above isthe TSG Sysinfo copied amp pasted as advised THE PROBLEM I have an ASUS laptop that I suspect has got infected by a virus amp randomly shuts itself down amp then ASUS Laptop randomly closing down re-boots My suspicion that it is a virus as the first shut down occurred after opening a video file from what I now suspect to be of dubious origin The system immediately closed down then restarted OK I ran Spy Hunter initially than ran Advanced System Care to repair the directory ASUS Laptop randomly closing down etc Spy Hunter appeared to remove malware amp system care does what it always does amp indicated the laptop is back in A condition amp still does Fine for a few days but the problem has deteriorated There are excel files or closing down programmes or back ups that will close the system down now so again I suspect a virus rather than overheating or power issues that I think are common in ASUS laptops Not random enough a problem but more carrying out specific tasks will cause the laptop to crash It always boots up again OK amp runs through the Windows check disk repairing the prior crash etc The computer is also not running slowly at all It appears to be OK to an independent observer I have now run Avira amp Super Anti Spyware removing various bits amp pieces but the problem still persists I can no longer access task manager amp a separate problem is I am unable to run in safe mode It gets so far then stalls This problem is a separate issue prior to this problem here Hijack This Notepad Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v Scan saved at on Platform Windows XP SP WinNT MSIE Internet Explorer v Boot mode Normal Running processes C WINDOWS System smss exe C WINDOWS system winlogon exe C WINDOWS system services exe C WINDOWS system lsass exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software bin btwdins exe C Program Files ASUS ASUS Data Security Manager ADSMSrv exe C Program Files ATKGFNEX GFNEXSrv exe C WINDOWS system spoolsv exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop sched exe C Program Files IObit IObit Malware Fighter IMFsrv exe C Program Files IObit Advanced SystemCare ASCService exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avguard exe C Program Files Common Files Apple Mobile Device Support AppleMobileDeviceService exe C Program Files Avira AntiVir Desktop avshadow exe C Program Files Application Updater ApplicationUpdater exe C Program Files Bonjour mDNSResponder exe C Program Files Java jre bin jqs exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files Common Files Sage SData Sage SData Service exe C Program Files Secunia PSI PSIA exe C Program Files IObit Smart Defrag SmartDefrag exe C Program Files IObit Advanced SystemCare PMonitor exe C WINDOWS Explorer EXE C Program Files ASUS NB Probe SPM spmgr exe c Program Files Microsoft SQL Server Shared sqlwriter exe C Program Files SRS Labs SRS Premium Sound SRS VolSync exe C WINDOWS system svchost exe C Program Files RealVNC VNC WinVNC exe C WINDOWS system hkcmd exe C WINDOWS system igfxpers exe C WINDOWS system igfxsrvc exe C Program Files AmIcoSingLun AmIcoSinglun exe C Program Files ASUS ATK Hotkey MsgTranAgt exe C Program Files ASUS ATK Hotkey HControlUser exe C Program Files ASUS ATK Hotkey HControl exe C Program Files ASUS ATK Media DMedia exe C Program Files ASUS ATK Hotkey ATKOSD exe C WINDOWS System svchost exe C Program Files ASUS ATKOSD ATKOSD exe C Program Files ASUS ASUS Data Security Manager ADSMT... Read more

Relevancy 48.59%

OK. New to the forum so thanks in advance for any help I can get. I've run sfc /scannow and collected logs as requested. Not sure what's wrong. Only solution offered by Asus support was to do a O/S reinstall. I'd like to avoid that for obvious reasons. HD integrity check is good. I have all windows updates complete. All drivers seem to be up to date.

Anyone see anything fixable in the logs attached?

A:Asus Desktop Crashes Randomly

Hi Ghanner & Welcome to the forums ^_^,

I deeply apologize for the delay caused as we have been very busy

Do you mean your Desktop of ASUS brand crashes and has the Blue Screen Of Death? If yes, then the log file uploaded by you does not contain any dump files to analyse
Please go to C:\Windows\Minidumps\ and then ZIP up all of the dump files and then upload it as an attachment.

If not, then kindly describe your problem in more detail so that I could see what is wrong ^_^.

Let me know how it goes ^_^.

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/54794-asus-desktop-crashes-randomly.html
Relevancy 48.16%

Whenever I click on the Asus Update on Asus Suite II it automatically gives me a BSOD. It then tells me to update the driver. I uninstalled Asus Suite II and installed the latest version from the Asus website. It still gave a BSOD when I clicked Update.

A little bit about my comp:
64 Bit Windows 7 put together by myself.
It is fairly new. Maybe 3 months max. Got BSOD since the start. Trying to update BIOS atm.
My OS installation is the same age.

I also have another thread:
http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...bernation.html

Still haven't figured this dang BSOd out.

BTW: Motherboard is
P8Z68-V PRO

A:BSOD using Asus Update on Asus Suite II

NOTE: I have severe eye problems. If I do not respond to your postings, please PM another staff member for assistance.

I suggest starting all troubleshooting with the following diagnostic tests (located at this link: Hardware Diagnostics ). They'll save you a lot of time and heartache if there is a hardware failure, and you'll have the disks on hand in case you need them in the future:

Quote:
H/W Diagnostics:
Please start by running these bootable hardware diagnostics:
Memory Diagnostics (read the details at the link)
Hard Drive Diagnostics (read the details at the link) - Test ALL of the hard drives.

Also, please run one of these free, independent online malware scans to ensure that your current protection hasn't been compromised: Free Online AntiMalware Resources (read the details at the link)
There are also free, bootable antivirus disks at this link: Free Online AntiMalware Resources - Bootable Disks

No memory dumps from later than Oct 2011
Service Pack 1 isn't installed, please do the following:

Quote:
Installing Windows 7 Service Pack 1
1. Visit the PC manufacturer's website and update ALL drivers. DO NOT use Windows Update or the "Update drivers" function of Device Manager.
2. Check Device Manager for any unknown/disabled devices - if there are unknown/disabled devices, fix them with the latest drivers from the device manufacturer's website (not the PC Manufacturer)
3. Visit Windows Update and get all updates
4. Visit Windows Update and get Service Pack 1 (usually under Important Updates). Read these notes for installing SP1: Steps to follow before you install Windows 7 SP1 and Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 from the Microsoft Download Center
5. Visit Windows Update and get any other available updates

No memory dumps in the WER section of MSINFO32 after Oct 2011

More to follow once the memory dumps are finished running....

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/205921-bsod-using-asus-update-asus-suite-ii.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Not too long ago (probably a week and a half), I took my laptop to be serviced and repaired as it was still covered under warranty. However, while some of those problems seems to have been resolved (four beeps and notifications stating that the display driver stopped responding) I noticed that it still has some of the issues from before. The internal fan is occasionally loud, which probably means that the system tends to overheat. When this happen, the notebook freezes up for a few seconds and restarts automatically.

I've been contemplating cracking open the notebook and seeing if the fan is clogged up with dust or whatnot, but I'm not sure what the safest way to go about it is. Thanks in advance.

A:ASUS Notebook Overheating and Shutting Down Randomly

hello
just get a can of compressed air (from walmart or office depot,any store like that) and blow it out (without taking it apart) it will come with a little straw, to stick it in the air ports of the laptop... good luck

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/asus-notebook-overheating-and-shutting-down-randomly-452408.html
Relevancy 47.73%

um so basically I was playing the game called roblox I had a couple of IE pages open in the background and steam so nothing too memory hungry anyway I had been playing roblox for a while when suddenly it started lagging really badly for like seconds randomly My just asus) (win7 laptop turned off after which my computer calmly powered off I say powered off because it didn't tell me it was shutting down or give me a virus alert or a error or a warning or anything it just suddenly powered off not like it ran out of power because I don't have a My laptop just turned off randomly (win7 asus) battery in it I just have it plugged into the power but more like it just chose to power off for some reason why did this happen also I have another question why does windows task manager always tell me Even when I have just turned the laptop on that my memory is using like somewhere between GB and to about GB after its been running things for hours even if I close everything

A:My laptop just turned off randomly (win7 asus)

Please do the steps following in the following tutorial in case it was malware, it should not have lagged before turning off if it is a hardware crash: Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Free Please disable auto quarantine in case Malwarebytes finds any false positives. https://www.malwarebytes.org/support...dSettings.html If anything that seems to not be malware or potentially unneeded programs are found, such as system files or programs you think you need and use, please post a screenshot of the list of detected items: Screenshot with Paint, Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums Also, in case it is a hard drive close to failing, you should back up your important files right away after running the malware scan, NOT before because it may infect the USB storage device too.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/343987-my-laptop-just-turned-off-randomly-win7-asus.html
Relevancy 47.73%

hello my laptop asus x450JN with windows 8.1 OS pro , antivirus just malwarebytes and win defender and i am use startisback for start bottom , ram upgrade to 8GB i have some issue with my laptop regarding my monitor screen is randomly blink screen like this=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tmMdS8xA8xg BUT on my laptop it only 1 or 2 times with randomly heppen not like that video is happen all the time. what wrong with my laptop i have update my windows and driver i am also got check into manufacture service center but they technician dont detect any wrong with my hardware please help me guys Thank you

My laptop deteils spec and OS

A:Help Asus x450JN my screen blink randomly

When it does blink, does it go black then back to normal screen ? Now it could be failing hardware, bad connection from hinge to monitor and even possible interference. Also could be the Video adapter drivers are corrupted.

This is the laptop ?
https://www.asus.com/Notebooks_Ultrabooks/X450JN/

I believe from specs shown here it has a NVIDIA Geforce 840M, if you can double check that, go to the Control panel then the Device manager, go to Display adapter left click it, it should tell you there the model.

If it is correct NVIDIA, first thing i would do is uninstall older drivers, either go back to Control Panel in Programs and Features do it there, but first download the latest drivers here NVIDIA DRIVERS GeForce Game Ready Driver WHQL

After uninstall reboot and install one you downloaded, see first if this helps the blinking.

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/67490-help-asus-x450jn-my-screen-blink-randomly.html
Relevancy 47.73%

Hi everyone,

I installed a brand new Asus xonar STX in my desktop PCIe. The sound stops randomly while playing music or watching movies. It starts working again only after a restart. I have been trying to fix it for more than a week with no success.
Steps I have tried so far:
1. Update the drivers from asus website
2. Installed unixonar drivers
3. Disabled on board audio in BIOS
4. Deleted win 7 and installed Win 8.1
5. Ran chkdsk /b

Also when the sound stops my music player stops playing. I can still play videos with no sound in vlc or MPC but winamp does not work at all as it is audio only player. I am using rca 2-channel out. After the sound stops I can select s/pdif as default device and the sound starts working again, winamp starts playing, everything is fine.
Any help is highly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

http://www.sevenforums.com/sound-audio/380222-soung-stops-randomly-asus-xonar-stx.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hello guys I'm Asus crushes with this rebooted has wit... error:The system randomly Alex how are you I have a really annoying problem I bough I computer months a go Asus X l and it Asus crushes randomly with this error:The system has rebooted wit... happened already twice what while gaming i get this error The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first This error could be caused if the system stopped responding crashed or lost power unexpectedly Here the details - lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt - lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power quot Guid quot C B A- - C -AC E- C D B quot gt lt EventID gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt DESKTOP- GR GPD lt Computer gt lt Security UserID quot S- - - quot gt lt System gt - lt EventData gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckCode quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BugcheckParameter quot gt x lt Data gt lt Data Name quot SleepInProgress quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot PowerButtonTimestamp quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot BootAppStatus quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot Checkpoint quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot ConnectedStandbyInProgress quot gt false lt Data gt lt Data Name quot SystemSleepTransitionsToOn quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot CsEntryScenarioInstanceId quot gt lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt Do you have any tips My temperature seems to be ok

A:Asus crushes randomly with this error:The system has rebooted wit...

Please follow the instructions at the top and post the dump files.

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/68960-asus-crushes-randomly-error-system-has-rebooted-wit.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Back when I originally got my ASUS K it would randomly shut down After a Windows Update in Randomly Down, Laptop Corasponding ASUS Events Shutting Log this fixed itself Now again after a Windows Update it is doing it again I went through event manager and found corresponding events for each time it shut ASUS Laptop Randomly Shutting Down, Corasponding Events in Log down Below is ASUS Laptop Randomly Shutting Down, Corasponding Events in Log one example of the event Anyone have any idea what is going on This is a newer motherboard maybe three months old Log Name System Source Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Processor-Power Date AM Event ID Task Category Level Warning Keywords User SYSTEM Computer MTACPORTABLE Description The speed of processor in group is being limited by system firmware The processor has been in this reduced performance state for seconds since the last report Event Xml lt Event xmlns quot http schemas microsoft com win events event quot gt lt System gt lt Provider Name quot Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Processor-Power quot Guid quot F E F-FE - E F-B - F CC quot gt lt EventID gt lt EventID gt lt Version gt lt Version gt lt Level gt lt Level gt lt Task gt lt Task gt lt Opcode gt lt Opcode gt lt Keywords gt x lt Keywords gt lt TimeCreated SystemTime quot - - T Z quot gt lt EventRecordID gt lt EventRecordID gt lt Correlation gt lt Execution ProcessID quot quot ThreadID quot quot gt lt Channel gt System lt Channel gt lt Computer gt MTACPORTABLE lt Computer gt lt Security UserID quot S- - - quot gt lt System gt lt EventData gt lt Data Name quot Group quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot Number quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot CapDurationInSeconds quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot PpcChanges quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot TpcChanges quot gt lt Data gt lt Data Name quot PccChanges quot gt lt Data gt lt EventData gt lt Event gt

A:ASUS Laptop Randomly Shutting Down, Corasponding Events in Log

Try to format it. It will help and do windows reloading it might help

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/264599-asus-laptop-randomly-shutting-down-corasponding-events-log.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi,
Specs:
Windows 7 Pro x64
ASUS M4A89GTD/PRO USB3.0
AMD PhenomII x6 1075T
2x WD Caviar blue 250Gg HDD in RAID 0
EVGA NVIDIA GTS 450
8Gb DDR3 1600 G.Skill Ripjaws (4x 2Gb sticks)

My ASUS motherboard will just reboot, or freeze. It happens during BIOS, Booting/installing windows, and when booted from a Linux live flashdrive. I updated the BIOS, it still has the problem. I had my RAM replaced when the old sticks when out back in December, I've been having problems since then. Is it possible the old RAM could have screwed over my motherboard too?
I have heard some say it helps to take the ASUS Q-shield off because it causes a short on the motherboard, but I tried that too.

The board is still covered under warranty, I should be able to get a replacement if it turns out the board is bad.

Any suggestions?

A:ASUS M4A89GTD/PRO USB3.0 motherboard reboots randomly.

Sorry you are having problems.

Do you get any diagnostic beeps when powering up?

Did you reset bios to factory default?

What if you remove the motherboard from the case and boot up?

When you booted up with Linux, did you remove SATA cables to HD and optical drive?

Is your power supply sufficient?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/210766-asus-m4a89gtd-pro-usb3-0-motherboard-reboots-randomly.html
Relevancy 47.3%

It will not turn back on and was on charge when it shut off, I tried it without it plugged in but still nothing

A:My Asus Windows 8 laptop shut off randomly with no warning

See if you can get things happening with this.How to use a Lazesoft Windows Recovery CD or USB device to fix the boot problems if your Windows operating system does not start correctlyhttp://www.lazesoft.com/fix-boot-pr..."It is very common for PC users to be faced with a Windows crash. When this happens, the dreaded 'Blue Screen of Death' pops up, or your PC has a black screen and can not boot or start up"Lazesoft Recovery Suite Home Editionhttp://www.softpedia.com/get/System...http://www.lazesoft.com/lazesoft-re...Tutorialshttp://www.lazesoft.com/guide.htmlScreenshot ( SS )http://i.imgur.com/c9viJO4.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/DdozUxq.gifHow to Boot a Computer from a Lazesoft Recovery USB Devicehttp://www.lazesoft.com/create-a-bo...

http://www.computing.net/answers/windows-8/my-asus-windows-8-laptop-shut-off-randomly-with-no-warning/2169.html
Relevancy 47.3%

Hi I have an Asus U E laptop About a week ago it had the Cryptowall virus in it and of course all the information was encrypted so I dumped it I re-installed windows from the recovery drive on it From that point I went in and updated all the drivers installed what I needed to to run my car software but just before that it shut down once After it was all installed it kept shutting down roughly every - min I thought maybe due to heat right Tore the laptop down cleaned everything found out that the laptop was running normal temps just the fan is a little loose and its going to need a new one soon Put it all back together windows randomly Laptop install restarting keeps after Asus 7 and same issue Played with the drivers made sure everything was all up to date chkdsk wasn't coming up with anything It wouldn't enter the windows memory diagnostic still won't with new install lots of errors and warnings in the event viewer I just did another install of windows and its doing the same thing Roughly shutting off every min When I turn it back on it says Windows Error Recovery But in safe mode it seems to run a lot longer I'm still testing it right now with the new install but last time I went over hrs and it Asus Laptop keeps randomly restarting after windows 7 install didn't turn off When I went to install windows again I tried to use an install disk which that didn't work I also tryed to use my other computers recovery disk which of course that didn't work either When I tested the hard drive for failure it passed I've downloaded all the programs for crash reports but there is nothing I've disabled all the start up programs still turns off I'm at a loss and need some guidance Added note The computer stayed on perfectly before the install of windows after the virus Right after I reinstalled I have not been able to keep the computer on for over an hour on a normal boot Usually its - min for it to shut off and re-start again quot Windows did not shut down properly quot Thanks

A:Asus Laptop keeps randomly restarting after windows 7 install

New update. Registry files corrupted. Another restore. while restoring its doing the shut down errors. canceled the restore. Cannot boot in safe mode, cannot keep running long enough to finish the restore......AHHHH!

EDIT:crashed in restore-now I have a base windows version.....not many drivers at all. Going to see if it will do its random shutdown like this before I try to re-install(still re-starts). This was from a USB install that I finally got to work a tiny bit.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/362881-asus-laptop-keeps-randomly-restarting-after-windows-7-install.html
Relevancy 47.3%

yesterday i decided i had too many apps on my laptop to uninstall cleanly so i backed up the files i wanted and did a clean install of vista Vista notebook Asus on S96J randomly freezes business bit ever since i did that my computer has been randomly freezing for no apparent reason i can see no pattern in when it freezes or what im doing at the time it seems completely random but the worst part is after it freezes and i use the power button to manually shut the computer down the display wont work for a period of time for example if the computer freezes and i have to manually shut it off when i attempt to reboot the machine i can hear the hard drive working and the fans running but no image comes up on screen unless i wait Vista freezes randomly on Asus S96J notebook a little while to power the computer back up initially i thought that it might be a problem with the display driver so i updated to the latest ati driver Vista freezes randomly on Asus S96J notebook for the card x mobility but i dont think that the driver problem will explain why the display doesnt even work in the BIOS after i have to manually shut down the computer i am just super frustraited with this and about ready to chuck my notebook out the window so if there is anything anyone knows that i dont please let me know PS all drivers are up to date as far as i can find the specs are Asus s j C D T Ghz Gb ddr x mobility

A:Vista freezes randomly on Asus S96J notebook

I actually just started having the samee exact problem as you. The only way I will get the display back is if I either unplug the power adapter and take out the battery then put it back in, or if I wait about half an hour until it restarts many times. I also have another problem when I finally do see the display and log on. Every day or two my display turns all colorful and freezes. That's when i have to do a hard reset and then boom, no display again. If anyone has a solution please help me out here.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/vista-freezes-randomly-on-asus-s96j-notebook-335717.html
Relevancy 46.87%

I recently reinstalled Windows, updated everything and today I started getting this BSOD that says something about "Page Fault in Nonpaged Area" or something along those lines. There's no rhyme or reason (that I can tell) so it's really aggravating.

I'm attaching the zip file that the instruction say you need (I followed option 2). Hopefully I did it right.

jersharocks.zip

A:page fault in nonpaged area randomly on Asus laptop

Remove Panda URL checker or whatever it's called that's the cause. Or replace Panda with Avast.

Code:
ASMMAP64.sys Thu Jul 2 11:13:26 2009 (4A4C7A36)
LENOVO ATK Hotkey ATK0101 ACPI UTILITY (also found in Asus systems)
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=ASMMAP64.sys

atkwmiacpi64.sys Wed Sep 7 03:44:52 2011 (4E66CC94)
ATK WMIACPI Utility
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=atkwmiacpi64.sys

HECIx64.sys Tue Jul 3 00:14:58 2012 (4FF21D62)
Intel Management Engine Interface
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=HECIx64.sys

AsusTP.sys Thu Jan 10 14:29:56 2013 (50EEC254)
Asis transformer pad filter driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=AsusTP.sys

L1C63x64.sys Mon Apr 1 05:15:17 2013 (5158FBC5)
Qualcomm Atheros AR8151 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller (NDIS 6.30)
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=L1C63x64.sys

iBtFltCoex.sys Thu Apr 18 16:17:24 2013 (51700074)
Intel Centrino Wireless (Bluetooth Adapter driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=iBtFltCoex.sys

btmaux.sys Mon Jul 22 16:19:46 2013 (51ED3F82)
Intel Bluetooth Auxiliary Service
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=btmaux.sys

iwdbus.sys Thu Jul 25 03:06:12 2013 (51F07A04)
Intel WIDI Bus Enumerator driver[br]Related to Intel Widi - Wireless Display
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=iwdbus.sys

intelppm.sys Thu Aug 22 10:46:35 2013 (5215CFEB)
Intel Processor driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=intelppm.sys

dump_storahci.sys Thu Aug 22 13:40:39 2013 (5215F8B7)
driver created to provide disk access during crash dump file generation
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=dump_storahci.sys

NETwew00.sys Thu Aug 22 23:20:34 2013 (521680A2)
Intel? Wireless WiFi Link Driver - Intel? Wireless WiFi Link Adapter (Windows 8 only AFAIK).
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=NETwew00.sys

btmhsf.sys Thu Sep 5 14:12:49 2013 (52287541)
Intel Proset Bluetooth HighSpeed Filter Driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=btmhsf.sys

igdkmd64.sys Tue Sep 17 02:08:54 2013 (52379D96)
Intel Graphics driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=igdkmd64.sys

AsHIDSwitch64.sys Tue Oct 8 03:45:17 2013 (525363AD)
HID driver for ASUS Wireless Radio Control
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=AsHIDSwitch64.sys

NNSNAHSL.sys Thu Jan 16 18:27:55 2014 (52D8169B)
Panda Security Network Activity Hook Server LWF
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=NNSNAHSL.sys

PSKMAD.sys Tue Mar 25 13:55:02 2014 (53317CA6)
Panda Kernel Memory Access Driver (x64)
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=PSKMAD.sys

NNSPrv.sys Wed Jun 4 16:27:34 2014 (538F2CD6)
Panda Network Provider
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=NNSPrv.sys

NNSAlpc.sys Wed Jun 4 16:31:10 2014 (538F2DAE)
Panda Security Application Layer Protocol Colorizer
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=NNSAlpc.sys

NNSTlsc.sys Wed Jun 4 16:33:39 2014 (538F2E43)
Panda Security Transport Layer Session Colorizer
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=NNSTlsc.sys

NNSStrm.sys Wed Jun 4 16:37:37 2014 (538F2F31)
Panda Streamer Streamer
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=NNSStrm.sys

NNSPicc.sys Wed Jun 4 17:26:42 2014 (538F3AB2)
Panda Security Process Info Colorizer Client
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=NNSPicc.sys

NNSProt.sys Wed Jun 4 17:30:03 2014 (538F3B7B)
Panda Security Network Protector
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=NNSProt.sys

NNSIds.sys Wed Jun 4 17:37:05 2014 (538F3D21)
Panda Security Intrusion Detection System
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=NNSIds.sys

NNSPop3.sys Wed Jun 4 17:43:40 2014 (538F3EAC)
Panda Security Pop3 Parser
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=NNSPop3.sys

NNSSmtp.sys Wed Jun 4 17:52:12 2014 (538F40AC)
Panda Security SMTP Parser
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=NNSSmtp.sys

NNSPihsw.sys We... Read more

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/60992-page-fault-nonpaged-area-randomly-asus-laptop.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello I have just bought an Asus N VC with Windows Vista and this laptop disconnects randomly from Internet It is not that it lose the Wifi signal but it looks like the laptop stops recieving data after a while Firefox or IE tries to get the web page and eventualy displays an empty page white without error message Then I have to disconnect my laptop from the Wifi signal and to re-connect it to the same signal so that it works again I have in parallel two with from Asus N51VC disconnects Windows randomly Internet. Vista other laptops Windows XP and Windows Server and when Internet does not work on my Asus N VC it Asus N51VC with Windows Vista disconnects randomly from Internet. works without problem on two other PCs Here is all I have already try unsuccessfully - I have updated the Wifi driver - I have installed the SP of Vista - I have uninstalled all Antiviruses Firewalls Defenders - I have forced my computer no to deactivate my wifi card even in case of energy saving - I have tried with or without fixed IP with or without the DNS recommended by my ISP - I have reinstalled the initial image of the OS such as supplied by the manufacturer I do not know any more what I can do does somebody would have any idea Thank you

A:Asus N51VC with Windows Vista disconnects randomly from Internet.

I cannot edit my message, my laptop is a N50VC ...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/asus-n51vc-with-windows-vista-disconnects-randomly-from-internet-391489.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Have weird issue with my ASUS X554LJ buit in card reader (RealTek, God knows which one). When you plug any SD card, at random period of time (mostly when you click My Computer or browse folders) sd card randomly re-ejects and opens its folder.

Any idea how to solve this?
Win 10 x64

http://www.tenforums.com/drivers-hardware/62667-asus-x554lj-cardreader-randomly-unmount-mount-sd-cards.html
Relevancy 46.87%

My brand new PC maybe around weeks old PC just shuts off randomly like week after This has happened twice since I ve bought it First time it turn off the monitor and mouse and keyboard none were working at all the keyboard lights were off but the pc was still running The fan turned super loud and I tried pressing the power button in and it wouldn t shut off So I left it alone for a couple mins and still no change had to take out the plug Second time was a couple minutes ago same thing monitor off keyboard off mouse off pc still on But this time no loud fan noise just the regular amount it makes I would really shuts Asus pc randomly New turn power doesnt off, off button enjoy some feedback on this Could it be a dust issue I New Asus randomly shuts off, power button doesnt turn pc off mean its brand new so It shouldn t be a problem I think Oh and both of the times I was playing a game first League of Legends second time Smite Operating System Windows bit System Model M BB Processor AMD A - APU with Radeon Hd graphics CPUs GHz RAM GB Monitor Dell E WFP Chip Type AMD Radeon HD D Any help is appreciated nbsp

A:New Asus randomly shuts off, power button doesnt turn pc off

Did you buy this PC from a store? If so, return it. If you built it yourself let us know

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/new-asus-randomly-shuts-off-power-button-doesnt-turn-pc-off.204704/
Relevancy 46.87%

It turns on but the screen doesnt The backlight is not broken because when turn Asus and laptop screen it freezes on when randomly G73 doesn't does it does turn on randomly everything works Pushing down on the screen works but only as long as I m Asus G73 laptop screen doesn't turn on and randomly freezes when it does holding it really So I ve come to the conclusion that the lcd cable has loosened somehow or there is a problem with the program that starts the computer I ve only had the laptop for about months and the problems started about month after buying it And when it does turn on it randomly freezes Asus G73 laptop screen doesn't turn on and randomly freezes when it does I have no clue why I m no computer expert and I ve only built a single computer I have already ran defrag and c disk cleanup ran Norton and turned off unnecessary programs The vents are not obstructed and I ve already done what I think is a hard reset Removing the battery holding the power button for seconds and then putting everything back together I m about to throw the thing out the window and I cannot afford any parts to replace or take it to any computer repair shop I only make about a week nbsp

A:Asus G73 laptop screen doesn't turn on and randomly freezes when it does

Was able to turn it on

Its in safe mode right now and I'm checking the event log 8,894 errors. They are 7023, 7031, 7034, 10010, 14329, 6008, 55, and 8003. The 7000 event ID all occur when im trying to turn my laptop on.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-g73-laptop-screen-doesnt-turn-on-and-randomly-freezes-when-it-does.170227/
Relevancy 46.87%

hey I've had my laptop for about months now and I keep having this random freezing problem where the laptop won't function at all issues,etc. Freezing/Hanging Randomly X750 Asus Kernel - but the last sound will loop a milisecond loop Asus X750 Freezing/Hanging Randomly - Kernel issues,etc. so it sounds like a scream if there is no sound nothing will loop i've been going into the event viewer and have been noticing some errors mistakes warning etc here are some more detailed can be provided if asked Windows Store failed to sync machine licenses Result code x The speed of processor in group is being limited by system firmware The processor has been in this reduced performance state for seconds since the last report processor all have these errors Audit events have been dropped by the transport The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first This error could be caused if the system stopped responding crashed or lost power unexpectedly When i bought it new it hanged up once before i downloaded any real software so i updated my drivers and such and it started becoming less intermittent so then i updated my bios came from asus and it stopped for a while - however within the past days i had restarts because of this in one day edit i have read other posts on here - none of themcan really apply because i don't have those drivers or those anti-virus software installed Windows

A:Asus X750 Freezing/Hanging Randomly - Kernel issues,etc.

Windows 8.1, Asus X750L, Icecool technology, intel i5-4200U, 6gb of ram, 750gb hdd, Temps Cpu is around 36-37 while doing this and music is on, with the whole laptop is 37 while the doing this and music as well
If more info is needed

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/50956-asus-x750-freezing-hanging-randomly-kernel-issues-etc.html
Relevancy 46.87%

Hello I have just bought an Asus N VC with Windows Vista and this laptop disconnects randomly from Internet It is not that it lose the Wifi signal but it looks like the laptop stops recieving data after a while Firefox or IE tries to get the web page and eventualy displays an empty page white without error message Then I Internet. Windows disconnects with N51VC Vista from Asus randomly have to disconnect my laptop from the Wifi signal and to re-connect it to the same Asus N51VC with Windows Vista disconnects randomly from Internet. signal so that it works again I have in parallel two other laptops Windows Asus N51VC with Windows Vista disconnects randomly from Internet. XP and Windows Server and when Internet does not work on my Asus N VC it works without problem on two other PCs Here is all I have already try unsuccessfully - I have updated the Asus N51VC with Windows Vista disconnects randomly from Internet. Wifi driver - I have installed the SP of Vista - I have uninstalled all Antiviruses Firewalls Defenders - I have forced my computer no to deactivate my wifi card even in case of energy saving - I have tried with or without fixed IP with or without the DNS recommended by my ISP - I have reinstalled the initial image of the OS such as supplied by the manufacturer I do not know any more what I can do does somebody would have any idea Thank you

http://www.vistax64.com/browsers-mail/235406-asus-n51vc-windows-vista-disconnects-randomly-internet.html
Relevancy 46.44%

How to resolve DPC_watchdog_violation error? My laptop shutdown randomly, leaving all unsaved stuff. A blue-screen with this error appears. I am not a techy-savy but I really need help to resolve this. Thanks!

A:asus laptop randomly shuts down with a blue screen and error message

You'd best repost this issue in the BSOD section here. What you're experiencing is called Blue Screen Of Death, or BSOD. I have had the same issue before, I have a feeling it was to do with driver conflicts.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/asus-laptop-randomly-shuts-down-with-a-blue-screen-and-error-message-793106.html
Relevancy 46.01%

Hi I have found a few people with similar problems after extensive searching but nothing I have tried has worked so far I recently built a new PC from scratch and installed Vista which I am still getting to grips with Everything works fine except the wireless connection drops seemingly at random (other Vista unaffected disconnects with Asus Wifi + randomly computers Wireless Solo about - times a day When it disconnects there are no wireless networks availible to connect to there are usually different networks in the list and I have to disable and enable wireless networking on the network connections screen When Wireless randomly disconnects with Vista + Asus Wifi Solo (other computers unaffected I initially set up the computer i had a lot of trouble getting the wireless to work at all due to interference between the asus wifi software and vista In order to get it to work I manually installed the drivers from the realtek website Other computers connected to the Wireless randomly disconnects with Vista + Asus Wifi Solo (other computers unaffected network are unaffected by the drop outs including my XP laptop which I have right next to the computer Connection strength and internet speed is fine when it actually works All the software I am running is pretty much the same as on Wireless randomly disconnects with Vista + Asus Wifi Solo (other computers unaffected my XP laptop so I can t think of any problems there I have tried numerous wireless channels changing from b g to g only resetting the router and reinstalling the wifi drivers several times powersaving has been disabled for the wifi card also One thing that is a little perculiar is that even though the wireless adapter is part of the motherboard it appears as a usb device in the quot safely remove hardware quot list but i have been unable to find alternative drivers This is all the information I can think to provide other details are listed below PC intel Q vista ultimate bit Asus PK -E motherboard with Asus Wifi Solo Realtek RTL L Drivers installed version Wireless Be Broadband UK SpeedTouch b g Channel Selection Manual Channel Allow multicast from Broadband Network Yes Broadcast Network Name No Allow New Devices New stations are allowed automatically Security Mode WEP bit here is what i get from trying ipconfig all Microsoft Windows Version Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved C Users teaeff gt ipconfig all Windows IP Configuration Host Name teaeff-PC Primary Dns Suffix Node Type Hybrid IP Routing Enabled No WINS Proxy Enabled No DNS Suffix Search List config Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix config Description Realtek RTL Wireless b g Mbps USB Network Adapter Physical Address - -AF- - E- D DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe bc cd b b Preferred IPv Address Preferred Subnet Mask Lease Obtained March Lease Expires March Default Gateway DHCP Server DHCPv IAID DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Enabled Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Marvell Yukon E PCI-E Gigabit Ether net Controller Physical Address - D- - - - DHCP Enabled Yes Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Media State Media disconnected Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description isatap A B D-C DE- A-BB - FC br Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix config Description Microsoft ISATAP Adapter Physical Address - - - - - - -E DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes Link-local IPv Address fe efe Preferred Default Gateway DNS Servers NetBIOS over Tcpip Disabled Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection Connection-specific DNS Suffix Description Teredo Tunneling Pseudo-Interface Physical Address - - - - E- DHCP Enabled No Autoconfiguration Enabled Yes IPv Address e a a d eba Prefer red Link-local IPv Address fe a a... Read more

A:Wireless randomly disconnects with Vista + Asus Wifi Solo (other computers unaffected

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/wireless-randomly-disconnects-with-vista-asus-wifi-solo-other-computers-unaffected.691204/
Relevancy 45.58%

I have an ASUS U56E laptop that randomly reboots when running anything, minesweeper, spider solitare, IE explorer. No bluescreen appears, the screen goes black and the machine reboots. If you win a spider solitare game and leave the fireworks running in background it does not reboot, but if you leave the fireworks running for a while as soon as you kill the fireworks it shuts down immediately. I have run temperate checks, memory check, full disk scan, and reloaded the machine from initial disks. I even brought it to Best Buy and their geek squad told me they tested it thouroughly by running a video streamer on it and it didn't shut down after 4 hours so there is nothing wrong with it. I don't know where to go from here and appreciate any suggestions.

A:Asus U56E laptop randomly reboots - except when fireworks from winning spider solitare is running

"reloaded the machine from initial disks" Did you do a clean install of Windows and reapply all the Windows Updates?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/asus-u56e-laptop-randomly-reboots-except-when-fireworks-from-winning-spider-solitare-is-running.187107/
Relevancy 45.15%

Hi guys, my pc has been acting weird lately, it has began randomly crashing frequently. I turn it on and after 3 or so minutes of random activity it just freezes or gives me a blue screen error. Sometimes while playing BF3, it freezes.

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 1e
BCP1: FFFFFFFFC0000005
BCP2: FFFFF800033A8B6F
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1

THanks!

A:BSOD randomly and PC freezes randomly

Hello TrueYears and welcome to Sevenforums!

You said that you've experience BSODs. For allowing us to debug your errors you've been experiencing, we'll need a little information.

http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html

If you're having trouble enabling minidumps, maybe you'll find this speech handy.

Quote:
Your Minidump content should be in the folder at the path C:\Windows\Minidump. If there's no files inside, make sure minidumps are enabled by -
Go to Start, then Run, then type in "sysdm.cpl" (without the quotes) and press Enter
Click on the Advanced tab
Click on the Startup and Recovery button
Ensure that "Automatically restart" is unchecked
Under the Write Debugging Information header select "Small memory dump (64 kB)" in the dropdown box
Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as "%systemroot%\Minidump" (without the quotes)
Click OK twice to exit the dialogs, then reboot for the changes to take effect.

Next time you'd experience a BSOD, a dump is supposed to be generated. When it's generated, wrap it up in a zip and upload it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/237795-bsod-randomly-pc-freezes-randomly.html
Relevancy 43%

Recently our secretary informed me that in the past - months she had a strange occurrence twice The micro running windows was locked and making a beeping sound she couldn t describe the pattern but must had been very noisy since she mistook it with an alarm going off On the monitor there was a blue not sure about the color screen with a big computer icon in the center no description or text whatsoever no windows taskbar or anything Underneath this central icon was a smaller one with a speaker icon that you could click on from what she explained the mouse was working muting the beeping sound The only escape route micro might support! Anybody noise, know merely 3040 with that screen mouse Optiplex and beeping solid a a computer icon, strange a BSOD smaller - this be? icon mute was the power button of the computer At first I thought it must have been the new Windows BSOD When I googled it though I couldn t find any similar incident the BSOD appears different from her description too I checked the event log but there was nothing critical or error that I couldn t account for It has Kaspersky internet security installed and it s up to date so I doubt it s some virus malware Plus the computer is new - months Now I m wondering if it was indicative of hardware failure or power surge I asked her to take a photo next time she sees it but I thought I d ask here in the meantime nbsp - I ve seen computers coming up with a screen from the MoBo informing me that the computer was locked in order to avoid damage from a power surge that just happened But Optiplex 3040 micro strange BSOD - beeping noise, merely a solid screen with a computer icon, a smaller mute icon and mouse support! Anybody know that this might be? never seen one with a mouse cursor and no text at all Anybody with a dell having come across anything similar any idea what that might

http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3514/t/19993474
Relevancy 43%

Hi,

My computer has been unstable for quite some time and after memory tests, changing graphics cards, many driver variations and a couple of fresh OS installs a while ago it is still not stable.

The difficulty is that it doesn't seem to be triggered by anything specific so it makes debugging really difficult... sometimes it crashes twice a day then not for another week or two.

Please help me shed some light on how this could be resolved as I am considering stripping the PC down to its components, selling them and buying a pre-built system instead.

Thanks
Henry

A:BSOD randomly (no specific trigger) Commonly an IRQL issue on BSOD

Welcome aboard.

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 109, {a3a039d89ab61a11, b3b7465eed34644b, fffffa8005567960, 8}

Probably caused by : Unknown_Image ( ANALYSIS_INCONCLUSIVE )

---------
According to carrona.org, STOP 0x00000109: CRITICAL_STRUCTURE_CORRUPTION
Usual causes: Device driver, Breakpoint set with no debugger attached, Hardware (Memory in particular)

Let us search for a faulting driver first.
Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable

Run Driver Verifier for 24 hours or the occurrence of the next crash, whichever is earlier.

Let us know the results, with the subsequent crash dumps, if any.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/259503-bsod-randomly-no-specific-trigger-commonly-irql-issue-bsod.html
Relevancy 43%

bit full retail Hardware is month old built myself OS was installed when I built it from a USB drive did not include an optical drive in the build SPECS i k ATI GPU corsair tx PSU ASRock Extreme Gen motherboard Corsair vengance ddr ram x gb Coolermaster hyper cooling unit gb Western Digital HD gb Crucial M ssd OS is installed on this drive It was working fine the first weeks I had the build then I went on a vacation for a week I come back and the thing BSODs on me times in an hour and a half First thing I tried was setting clocks back to normal was at ghz on the i BSOD Self included) built computer. (BSOD semi-randomly. dump.zip went back down to ghz and it was stable for like BSOD semi-randomly. Self built computer. (BSOD dump.zip included) minutes after I did that but it then crashed again Also did a memory diagnostic test BSOD semi-randomly. Self built computer. (BSOD dump.zip included) and everything was supposedly good My max temps with prime now are like degrees celsius with RealTemp because I have the coolermaster hyper as opposed to the stock cooler so it shouldnt be crashing due to over heating Also first crash occured firing up minecraft Thanks for any and all help guys

A:BSOD semi-randomly. Self built computer. (BSOD dump.zip included)

Quote:
Also did a memory diagnostic test and everything was supposedly good.

Using which tool/software? You should run Memtes86+ for at least 7 Passes (Test each RAM stick individually)
RAM - Test with Memtest86+
Your BSODs are RAM/Memory related, rest your RAM settings to their default values in your BIOS. Stop any overclocking if any.

Run Prime 95 to test your CPU. Carefully the instructions in this tutorial: CPU - Stress Test with Prime95. Run 3 separate tests, one on each of the settings (Blend, Small FFTs, Large FFTs). Post back with your results.
Note that this test may overheat the CPU, ensure proper cooling.

Post back with your results.

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

CACHE_MANAGER (34)
See the comment for FAT_FILE_SYSTEM (0x23)
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000050853
Arg2: fffff88018cbc7a8
Arg3: fffff88018cbc000
Arg4: fffff80001ede67c

Debugging Details:
------------------
EXCEPTION_RECORD: fffff88018cbc7a8 -- (.exr 0xfffff88018cbc7a8)
ExceptionAddress: fffff80001ede67c (nt!CcLazyWriteScan+0x0000000000000188)
ExceptionCode: c0000005 (Access violation)
ExceptionFlags: 00000000
NumberParameters: 2
Parameter[0]: 0000000000000000
Parameter[1]: ffffffffffffffff
Attempt to read from address ffffffffffffffff

CONTEXT: fffff88018cbc000 -- (.cxr 0xfffff88018cbc000)
rax=0000000000240000 rbx=0000000000000000 rcx=fffff80002097940
rdx=0000000000000000 rsi=ffff6a8009de4390 rdi=0000000000000000
rip=fffff80001ede67c rsp=fffff88018cbc9e0 rbp=fffff80002036280
r8=fffff88001e5e840 r9=0000000000000000 r10=fffffa800790be30
r11=0000000000000002 r12=0000000000000001 r13=0000000000000000
r14=fffffa8009e313b0 r15=ffff6a8009de4418
iopl=0 nv up ei ng nz na pe nc
cs=0010 ss=0018 ds=002b es=002b fs=0053 gs=002b efl=00010282
nt!CcLazyWriteScan+0x188:
fffff800`01ede67c 488b4e60 mov rcx,qword ptr [rsi+60h] ds:002b:ffff6a80`09de43f0=????????????????
Resetting default scope

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT

PROCESS_NAME: System

CURRENT_IRQL: 2

ERROR_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000005 - The instruction at 0x%08lx referenced memory at 0x%08lx. The memory could not be %s.

EXCEPTION_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000005 - The instruction at 0x%08lx referenced memory at 0x%08lx. The memory could not be %s.

EXCEPTION_PARAMETER1: 0000000000000000

EXCEPTION_PARAMETER2: ffffffffffffffff

READ_ADDRESS: GetPointerFromAddress: unable to read from fffff800020c8100
ffffffffffffffff

FOLLOWUP_IP:
nt!CcLazyWriteScan+188
fffff800`01ede67c 488b4e60 mov rcx,qword ptr [rsi+60h]

FAULTING_IP:
nt!CcLazyWriteScan+188
fffff800`01ede67c 488b4e60 mov rcx,qword ptr [rsi+60h]

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x34

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from fffff80001ede189 to fffff80001ede67c

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`18cbc9e0 fffff800`01ede189 : fffff880`000000c5 fffffa80`00000000 00000000`00000000 ffff6a80`09de4390 : nt!CcLazyWriteScan+0x188
fffff880`18cbcac0 fffff800`01ea2841 : fffffa80`07909570 fffff800`0218b601 fffff800`020978c0 00000000`00000002 : nt!CcWorkerThread+0x1f9
fffff880`18cbcb70 fffff800`0212fe6a : 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`09813b50 00000000`00000080 fffffa80`078ea040 : nt!ExpWorkerThread+0x111
fffff880`18cbcc00 fffff800`01e89ec6 : fffff880`01ed0180 fffffa80`09813b50 fffffa80`078f9b50 00000000`00000202 : nt!PspSystemThreadStartup+0x5a
fffff880`18cbcc40 00000000`00000000 : fffff880`18cbd000 fffff880`18cb7000 fffff880`18cbc8a0 00000000`00000000 : nt!KxStartSystemThread+0x16
SYMBOL_STACK_INDEX: 0

SYMBOL_NAME: nt!CcLazyWriteScan+188

FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: nt

IMAGE_NAME: ntkrnlmp.e... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/237942-bsod-semi-randomly-self-built-computer-bsod-dump-zip-included.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Is Windows 7 . . .
- x64
- the original installed OS on the system? Windows 7 Ultimate x64
- an OEM or full retail version? Retail

- What is the age of system (hardware)? ~1 year
- What is the age of OS installation (have you re-installed the OS?) ~1 year, I installed it when I got the laptop.

Also, one of my USB ports is not working, it has been like that for a while. The sound jack is also broken i fell on the headphone cord. The sound still works, just have to move it a bit. I'm about to send it in to get the hardware repaired and was hoping I could get an answer here on the BSOD before hand. The laptop is a Sager W860CU. Thanks!

I'm currently scanning with Avast.

I took a picture of the BSOD with my phone. Hopefully you can see all the characters.

Thanks!

C3

A:BSOD randomly (?) When waking laptop after sleeping, BSOD pic attached

Quote: Originally Posted by C3H5N3O9

Is Windows 7 . . .
- x64
- the original installed OS on the system? Windows 7 Ultimate x64
- an OEM or full retail version? Retail

- What is the age of system (hardware)? ~1 year
- What is the age of OS installation (have you re-installed the OS?) ~1 year, I installed it when I got the laptop.

Also, one of my USB ports is not working, it has been like that for a while. The sound jack is also broken i fell on the headphone cord. The sound still works, just have to move it a bit. I'm about to send it in to get the hardware repaired and was hoping I could get an answer here on the BSOD before hand. The laptop is a Sager W860CU. Thanks!

I'm currently scanning with Avast.

I took a picture of the BSOD with my phone. Hopefully you can see all the characters.

Thanks!

C3

Related to a smserial.sys Motorola SM56 Modem WDM Driver. Yours is 3 years old. I would update to most recent.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/208071-bsod-randomly-when-waking-laptop-after-sleeping-bsod-pic-attached.html
Relevancy 42.57%

Hello,
As the thread shows im having lots and lots of little(and big) crashes.

Im attaching the SF log and any help will be appreciated

Many thanks,
Dimitris

A:BSOD-PC Freezes randomly-Driver Verifier BSOD's at User Log-On

Added a zip file with three minidumps as i forgot that ive changed the default location of systemroot/minidump to a different disk as im not using virtual memory on os disk

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/358075-bsod-pc-freezes-randomly-driver-verifier-bsods-user-log.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Not sure what is going wrong with my comp, i recently over clocked it and set it to 4.0GHz if that helps?

A:BSOD whilst playing Games, also sometimes just randomly BSOD

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 124
BCP1: 0000000000000000
BCP2: FFFFFA800881A038
BCP3: 00000000BE000000
BCP4: 000000000100110A
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\011015-18454-01.dmp
C:\Users\Hayden\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-17960332-0.sysdata.xml

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/357932-bsod-whilst-playing-games-also-sometimes-just-randomly-bsod.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi This is my first time posting so sorry if my thread title is awful but really didn't know how to explain my system problems I've been using these forums for a long time with previous issues and have tried so much with my current problems to fix it myself but my PC knowledge experience has a limit I am getting completely random BSOD type shutdowns without the blue screen appearing with any messages this can happen during a virus scan MSE or during malwarebytes premium just no message BSOD BSOD restarting. randomly occurring but scan happens during sfc scannow randomly IE or Chrome can crash not respond of which sometimes can lead to a BSOD type crash it's happened whilst installing Windows updates or searching for any new updates A few fresh installs BSOD occurring randomly but no BSOD message just restarting. ago I was getting these problems WITH BSOD messages and I thought it might be bad memory so I ran memtest for passes on each stick in each slot one was bad so I have since purchased new BSOD occurring randomly but no BSOD message just restarting. RAM and a new SSD which was my reward for finding a problem out all by myself I got problems again still so I completed another fresh install and installed the basics as a test latest gfx drivers motherboard drivers then struggled with windows updates any that failed repeatedly I downloaded and installed from MS website then my antivirus software and I'm still getting random BSODs and IE Chrome crashing ALOT I should add I followed the steps for my SSDs in this link Solid State Drive SSD Tweaks for Windows Not sure if that's any help I have a nasty gut feeling it's a dodgy PSU Mobo but my wallet is hoping it really isn't if it is the case I'd rather the PROs tell me straight over randomly searching websites for answers Many Thanks

A:BSOD occurring randomly but no BSOD message just restarting.

Quote: Originally Posted by alexlewis

I am getting completely random BSOD type shutdowns without the blue screen appearing with any messages,

So no BSOD is appearing? There is no crash dump recorded, too. That makes it sense that you are not having a BSOD issue, but random shutdown. Which may be caused by anything and everything.

First make it sure that there is no problem with the power connection and power chords.

Next make it sure that the PSU is working properly.

Next, monitor the temperature. Publish a Speccy snapshot after a couple of hours of normal usage: Speccy - Publish Snapshot of your System Specs .

If all is OK upto this point, the next thing to do is a complete dismantle, dusting and re-seating the computer.

Do upto this point. Report back the situation. If nothing is changed then more steps will be needed.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/347060-bsod-occurring-randomly-but-no-bsod-message-just-restarting.html
Relevancy 42.14%

I'm not quite sure what the cause of this bsod is. It just happens randomly every other day or so at night.
Thanks for taking a look.

A:BSOD randomly, every other day or so. Error bsod stop: 0x0000007a

Free up the startup. Windows does not need any other program to auto start with it, but the auto start programs often conflicts and causes various problems including BSODs.
Click on the Start button
Type “msconfig (without quotes), click the resulting link. It will open the System Configuration window.
Select the “Startup” tab.
Deselect all items other than the antivirus.
Apply > OK
Accept then restart.
Update the USB3 driver from GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket 1155 - G1.Sniper M3 (rev. 1.0)

Make it sure that the SSD is having the latest firmware. Samsung SSD Downloads | Samsung SSD

Let us know the results. Also report us for any further BSODs after doing those.

By the way, disabling hibernate would be good for you.

Code:
BugCheck 7A, {20, ffffffffc000009d, fffffa8007ef5078, 0}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+4fb00 )

---------

Code:
BugCheck 9F, {3, fffffa8007a80c00, fffff80000ba0748, fffffa800b7654c0}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for iusb3hub.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for iusb3hub.sys
Probably caused by : iusb3hub.sys

---------

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/371249-bsod-randomly-every-other-day-so-error-bsod-stop-0x0000007a.html
Relevancy 42.14%

Hi guys,

I am new on this forum, this is my first post here. I read plenty of other threads but i can`t find the solution for the problems I have.

I am running my system with Windows 7 Home Premium 32-bit. This works fine after 3 or 4 years, but the last time it crashes every day a few times. I installed all the new necessary drivers. The last driver for my Geforce 8400M GS is released on 15-5-2012. I`ve done 2 clean installations of Windows booting it from the DVD, formatting and install it again, but no result.

Please is there anybody who wants to help me, because i am at a point now to buy a complete new laptop

A:BSOD after BSOD, computer is very unstabil and crashes randomly

*BUMP*

I`am very thankfull if somebody wants to look at my problem!

Regards,

Wesley

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/233857-bsod-after-bsod-computer-very-unstabil-crashes-randomly.html
Relevancy 41.28%

I have problem of BSOD recently and I really do not have idea why this is happening.

I have tried many ways to find the solution but I can't get any. I have tried Windows RAM and Hardisk checkup but couldn't find any error.

Please advise.

Spec:
Age of OS: About 3 years I think.

A:BSOD randomly. BSOD zip file attached.

Crash report was inconclusive. It does not appear you let the jcgriff2 tool run to completion. You also did not upload the perfmon report. We have little to go on. Please follow the http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html and let the tool run to completion. Also include the perfmon report.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/240499-bsod-randomly-bsod-zip-file-attached.html
Relevancy 41.28%

Where can I get a thing that allows me to have a colored MSN name. Ive heard people going on about it.

Any ideas??

A:Colored MSN name

RESOLVED.

IF YOU WANT TO DO IT GO TO:

http://www.msgpluslive.net/download/

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/colored-msn-name-139239.html
Relevancy 40.85%

I have searched and found unuseable html to change the color of my links from gray to another color. Any ideas? my pages are blue and gray just doesnt look right. I need html!!

Relevancy 40.85%

hi everyone.
sorry for my bad english and sorry if i posted in a wrong section.
i have a problem with my pc.
my computer radmoly has crash like this.
i take my xfx gtx 280 to assistance, but they told me they tested it for two days with 3d bechmark software noticed no problems.
i dont think is a driver's problem, i change it and i tried various, but nothing change.
i also fomattted already.
if someone know how to resolve or know what is the problem please help me

A:Colored crash

It'd be more helpful if you gave a detailed report of the problem. What exactly do you mean by a coloured crash? When does it happen?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/colored-crash.143711/
Relevancy 40.42%

Windows 98. Getting horizontal, multi-colored bands about 1/4 inch wide in any program, or screen ( Internet, e-mail, etc). Bands are composed of very small red, blue, orange, yellow, etc, dots, and do not go all the way across the screen. As I go from one application to another, they increase (not in individual size, but in number). Eventually, the system freezes. Any ideas on what the problem is? My son says Windows 98 is getting ready to crash.

Relevancy 40.42%

I have a subform that I want to color code a field if it has a value at all. So there are times a record will contain Yes otherwise it will be blank. So the field can always be set to the same color - red. In desgin mode it is red but when I view the form it is not. I've read other posts where people also have had issues but cannot find a solution. I also noticed some solutions pertain to continuous forms and I am not even sure where that is defined. Would anyone know how to help? Thanks.

Relevancy 40.42%

Just wondering if there is any way to color the folder.

A:How to get Colored folder in windows 8

I don't know if there's a native way other than perhaps changing the folder icon for all folders. This utility claims to be able to do it in W8.

Change folder icon or color to make a search for important information a "one-glance" affair!

http://www.eightforums.com/customization/43580-how-get-colored-folder-windows-8-a.html
Relevancy 40.42%

I got a new LCD monitor the other day and monitor LCD colored text using Different when I started unsing it it diplayed green and purple text As it is now as I type I first Different colored text using LCD monitor started noticing it when I went to NBA COM looking at the divisonal stats stangings and noticed that all the number s were purple I had a Viewsonic in CRT that worked fine before this happend So I hooked it up to two other LCD monitors and it diplayed the same Different colored text using LCD monitor thing I concluded that the issue was NOT with the LCD monitor and is with my HP d c tower I had HP instant help trying to figure this out and they did do much but try another graphics driver that did not work I suspect that maybe it is my graphics card that might not be compatible with the new monitor new vs old technology Correct me if I m wrong but I think it has to do with the Java portion of the text You know the text that is replacable not the text that is part of the menu s of say the all programs list but show up on Outlook as far as the text is concerned It does not show up on the bold header only the opened text that is part of the e-mail itself So having said all that Does anyone think its time for another graphics card as mine may as well be too old to display through new technology as far as a LCD monitor is concerned These question marks are purple with green dots below them ARRRRRGH nbsp

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/different-colored-text-using-lcd-monitor.903160/
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi,
I am running Windows 7 Home Premium. Aspire, Intel i5-2430M 2.4 GHZ, 64 bit Operating System. We only bought this at the end of December, 2011! When I am on Blogger, I haven't noticed it otherwise, when I move my mouse, sometimes the whole screen goes patchwork. There are squares of yellow, green and orange covering the screen, except for the address bar. (I attached a picture) I can navigate to a new address and it goes away. I am just a bit concerned there is a virus. I have run a full scan with Super Anti Spyware and I quite regularly use Crap Cleaner. Any ideas?

A:Colored Squares All Over My Screen

http://www.wiztechie.com/2012/08/google-chrome-problem-webpages-displaying-rainbow-of-colored-squares-solved/

good luck

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/466307/colored-squares-all-over-my-screen/
Relevancy 40.42%

not sure where to put this but there are some random colored blobs showing up in my windows, only in the borders of windows that have the areo to them. it doesn't show up when i use chrome and they are not there when the windows aren't right above them.

the spoken of objects are circled in red on my desktop in the attached Screen shot

A:Mystery colored lines

Welcome to SF.

Please fill out your specs.

Does this happen if you drop your resolution?

Do you have the latest video driver?

Did this suddenly occur and, if so, do you make any changes beforehand?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/211186-mystery-colored-lines.html
Relevancy 40.42%

My computer has win xp sp2 with 1 gb memory it is a 1.8 mhz.
All of a sudden I started getting colored squares while I am using the computer then it either freezes or starts rebooting, sometimes it will restart okay other times it just keeps showing the squares.
Last night though it showed cmos had errors, the clock was wrong as well as the date, this is the first time the cmos error came up.
The squares are happening more often. I have a pic if anyone wants to look at it.
Wanda

A:funny colored squares

Quote:

Originally Posted by blkcat1

My computer has win xp sp2 with 1 gb memory it is a 1.8 mhz.
All of a sudden I started getting colored squares while I am using the computer then it either freezes or starts rebooting, sometimes it will restart okay other times it just keeps showing the squares.
Last night though it showed cmos had errors, the clock was wrong as well as the date, this is the first time the cmos error came up.
The squares are happening more often. I have a pic if anyone wants to look at it.
Wanda

Hee Hee!

Wanda,
That's a video RAM failure.
If you have a Video card installed on your computer, the ram is either failing or just plain DIRTY. I had that exact same problem a few years ago on a video card that was already several years old. I took the card out, washed the ram chips at the kitchen sink, rinsed it off with alcohol and sun dried it on my front porch, before reinstalling it in my PC. It's been running faithfully since then with NO re-occurance of the problem.

Now, if your video is on your motherboard, then it's your motherboard RAM chips that are failing. Again, it may just be dirt. Your CPU cooling fan will blow dirt right onto the ram and can cause it to fail.
I've also washed ram sticks to solve ram failure problems, more times than I can count.

SO, which do you have.....a plug-in Video Card, or is your video on the motherboard?

As for the CMOS thingy, I'd probably change the cmos battery. It's most likely a CR-2032 coin type battery. (available at most drug stores and electronics shops, Like, Radio Shack)

Fill in the blanks so we can better help you,

The Shadow

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/funny-colored-squares-237457.html
Relevancy 40.42%

On my Dell laptop, powered by Windows XP.........when I raise the volume, the little display bar that is supposed to show up at the bottom of the screen is not there.

I looked on my other computer (I use Windows ME on this one) and the control for that feature is under "keyboard control" and you just check a box that says, "Enable multimedia buttons". This box is not included in windows XP under the keyboard properties. Is there another way to add this feature to my laptop?

Relevancy 40.42%

Hello, I've recently encountered an issue with my PC. I know the problem isn't the monitor because I have tested other monitors with the computer and the issue is still present. I have also cleaned the video card and reconnected it, but to no avail. Is there anything else that might be causing this or should a new video card be purchased?

Relevancy 40.42%

where do i get colored face plates? i want to put together a system with a black case, but dont want white face plates on my drives.

Any suggestions?

Relevancy 40.42%

i am using an apple i mac (2009) 4GB  running it with att wireless....as i noted i am a novice at this....mainly use it for email and looking up things..I had been storing pics on it.....but lately when ever I go to them I get that spinning colored disk - i guess that means loading...but it never ends. i have to turn offthe computer manually for quite a while.......there fore i dont' download or even view pics anymorethen today upon just looking email and opening up I keep getting that spinning disk again...and for typing in something again the disk and it takes foreverdoes this need to be upgraded- do i need to purchase more memory....please advise...I don't want to be hosed into getting another computerthanks for any help.......aairlar

http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,144172.0.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Not really sure what forum to post this in but I m sure it s not software-related so hardware seemed best I want to replace my wife s laptop amp ever since I found a purple Acer netbook for her she s been after me to replace it with a purple laptop and I just haven t been able to find suitable laptops in any color except blank or silver Why What s so hard case? What's so hard about a colored about a What's so hard about a colored case? colored case I m sure somebody will point me to Dell which did make laptops in colored cases and maybe still does-but no longer for a high-performance quot laptop that I can find and I even chatted with a sales rep who seemed to lose interest as soon as I said I wasn t going to buy right now It just doesn t make sense to me-it s just colored plastic so why is there nothing except black Even the silver white option seems to be disappearing at least for quot system Anybody know why nbsp

Relevancy 40.42%

Quite suddenly the letters are now showing up multi-colored and/or are partially visible. I am slightly color blind so what looks to be a partial letter might actually be a liter color. In fact all letters are some color other than black. How do I get the "normal" view back?

A:Letters are Multi-Colored

You can change the font colour using the below tutorial. It is under Option 1, Step 6.
Fonts - Change

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/198640-letters-multi-colored.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Well I've posted for everything else on here, so why not this!....I'm putting together a custom background menu template for my TMPGEnc burning projects and I want to add my own personal touch to it.

Right now I have the DVD logo on the bottom right and I'm looking for something to put in the bottom left...a colored shape, design, logo or something like that. Nothing too complicated or official-looking, ,just something that would look like it could be a default logo for my burn projects.

Relevancy 40.42%

Hey. I have a weird problem. When ever I put my desktop computer on standby and turn it on again. Weird squares apear, as seen on the picture.
I was just wondering if anyone knows what it is, and maybe a way to fix it? 'Cause I have no idea.
Usually this "texture" appears on icons and on the background of my desktop so I just figured who cares.. But the square is bugging me.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/wierd-colored-square-523726.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Runing on window 7 pro 32bit with all the latest upadate.
Antivirus: Eset smart Security.
Model: Asus Eee PC 1001PX
Dumpfile txt:
==================================================
Dump File : 121910-19281-01.dmp
Crash Time : 12/19/2010 5:02:30 PM
Bug Check String : ATTEMPTED_WRITE_TO_READONLY_MEMORY
Bug Check Code : 0x000000be
Parameter 1 : 0x91f5c919
Parameter 2 : 0x754f6820
Parameter 3 : 0xaa1a27fc
Parameter 4 : 0x0000000e
Caused By Driver : tcpip.sys
Caused By Address : tcpip.sys+e9002
File Description : TCP/IP Driver
Product Name : Microsoft? Windows? Operating System
Company : Microsoft Corporation
File Version : 6.1.7600.16385 (win7_rtm.090713-1255)
Processor : 32-bit
Computer Name :
Full Path : C:\windows\Minidump\121910-19281-01.dmp
Processors Count : 2
Major Version : 15
Minor Version : 7600
==================================================

A:BSOD on Asus Eee PC

List of software installed:

Adobe Flash Player 10 ActiveX Adobe Systems Incorporated 12/5/2010 6.00 MB 10.1.102.64
Adobe Flash Player 10 Plugin Adobe Systems Incorporated 12/5/2010 6.00 MB 10.1.102.64
Adobe Reader X Adobe Systems Incorporated 12/5/2010 110.3 MB 10.0.0
ASUS VIBE Ecareme, Inc. 12/6/2010 1.0.183
ASUS WebStorage eCareme Technologies, Inc. 12/6/2010 2.0.46.1429
ASUSUpdate for Eee PC ASUSTeK Computer Inc. 12/6/2010 1.03.06
Atheros Client Installation Program Atheros 5/9/2010 7.0
Atheros Communications Inc.® AR81Family Gigabit/Fast Ethernet Driver Atheros Communications Inc. 5/9/2010 1.0.0.10
BatteryBar (remove only) 12/5/2010
Blue Coat? K9 Web Protection 4.0.296 Blue Coat Systems, Inc. 12/7/2010 4.0.296
CapsHook AsusTek Computer 5/9/2010 1.0.0.3
CCleaner Piriform 12/5/2010 3.01
E-Cam 12/5/2010 2.0.2.5
Eee Docking 3.7.0 ASUSTek Computer Inc. 5/9/2010 3.7.0
EeeSplendid ASUS 5/9/2010 5.1.2.0011
ESET Smart Security ESET, spol s r. o. 12/7/2010 56.1 MB 4.2.40.0
FontResizer ASUSTek 5/9/2010 2.12 MB 1.01.0011
Google Chrome Google Inc. 12/5/2010 8.0.552.224
Hotkey Service AsusTek Computer 5/9/2010 1.22
Intel® Graphics Media Accelerator Driver Intel Corporation 12/5/2010 54.3 MB 8.14.10.2230
Intel? Matrix Storage Manager Intel Corporation 12/6/2010
Java™ 6 Update 22 Oracle 12/5/2010 97.0 MB 6.0.220
LiveUpdate Asus 5/9/2010 19.7 MB 1.21
Microsoft .NET Framework 4 Client Profile Microsoft Corporation 12/5/2010 38.8 MB 4.0.30319
Microsoft Office Enterprise 2007 Microsoft Corporation 12/5/2010 12.0.6425.1000
Microsoft Silverlight Microsoft Corporation 12/5/2010 40.3 MB 4.0.50917.0
Mobile Broadband Modem Huawei Technologies Co.,Ltd 12/9/2010 15.001.05.00.134
MSXML 4.0 SP2 (KB973688) Microsoft Corporation 5/9/2010 1.34 MB 4.20.9876.0
MSXML 4.0 SP3 Parser (KB973685) Microsoft Corporation 5/9/2010 1.53 MB 4.30.2107.0
Realtek High Definition Audio Driver Realtek Semiconductor Corp. 12/5/2010 6.0.1.6086
Skype? 4.2 Skype Technologies S.A. 5/9/2010 31.7 MB 4.2.155
Super Hybrid Engine AsusTek Computer 5/9/2010 2.10
Synaptics Pointing Device Driver Synaptics Incorporated 5/10/2010 14.0.16.0
TuneUp Utilities TuneUp Software 12/5/2010 9.0.4500.27
WIDCOMM Bluetooth Software Broadcom Corporation 5/9/2010 83.5 MB 6.2.5.500
Windows Driver Package - Broadcom Bluetooth (07/17/2009 6.2.0.9403) Broadcom 12/6/2010 07/17/2009 6.2.0.9403
Windows Driver Package - Broadcom Bluetooth (07/29/2009 6.1.7100.0) Broadcom 12/6/2010 07/29/2009 6.1.7100.0
Windows Driver Package - Broadcom HIDClass (07/28/2009 6.2.0.9800) Broadcom 12/6/2010 07/28/2009 6.2.0.9800
Windows Live Essentials Microsoft Corporation 12/6/2010 15.4.3508.1109
Windows Live Sync Microsoft Corporation 12/5/2010 2.79 MB 14.0.8089.726
WinRAR archiver 12/5/2010

I have all the same software and version on all my other laptop, acer and lenovo. All do not have BSOD error.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/368268/bsod-on-asus-eee-pc/
Relevancy 40.42%

Hi guys..I dont know why i'm getting blue screen of death

Here are my specs

Intel C2D E6550
OCZ GOLD PC800mhz DDR2 1GB X 2
Asus P5K
ASUS 8800GT 512MB DDR3
Western Digital 160GB SATA
Silverstone Strider 560 watts

I get blue screen of death pretty often...

Attached are the dumps
I dont the "Windows recovered from a serious crash" msg

I hope you guys can help.

A:ASUS P5K, Win XP Pro. BSOD

Hey metalfreak, had the same problem with a different Asus board using socket 775 and had tried all and everything - nothing worked. Then I just was fed up and got a new M/board, but while trying to remove the CPU I saw that it was not seated properly! All was looking fine but it just was not flush with the heatsink! Its was off by less than a mm. Rotated the CPU and seated it properly and that sorted the problem. I know it sound silly but you will not be able so if there is something wrong unless you look close by - just a have a look for incase.

Now on my second system I had the same problem after installing the same pair of ram to get me to 4GB of DDR2 800! Solution was 1 BIOS upgrade to incorporate memory compatibility - Now sorted never a BSOD again!

These are easy checks, hope it helps you man!

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/asus-p5k-win-xp-pro-bsod-203699.html
Relevancy 40.42%

brand new asus i was really psyched about getting, quad core i7 with a gtx460m awesome right? well yea until it decides to crash, anyway i need some help pinpointing what is causing the BSOD's, it would be very much appreciated.

couldnt find a log file from running the driver verifier,

its an asus g73jw came with home premium 7 64bit about a month old.

A:New Asus G73 jw BSOD

Quote: Originally Posted by ucfchuck

brand new asus i was really psyched about getting, quad core i7 with a gtx460m awesome right? well yea until it decides to crash, anyway i need some help pinpointing what is causing the BSOD's, it would be very much appreciated.

couldnt find a log file from running the driver verifier,

its an asus g73jw came with home premium 7 64bit about a month old.

Virtually identical and all caused by your FLxHCIc.sys. This is your fresco USB dirver from below.
FRESCO LOGIC INC.===Leap into SuperSpeed===

Code:

Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.11.0001.404 X86
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\K\Desktop\Windows_NT6_BSOD_jcgriff2\050911-32136-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

Symbol search path is: SRV*C:\Symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols;srv*e:\symbols
*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7600 MP (8 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS Personal
Built by: 7600.16695.amd64fre.win7_gdr.101026-1503
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`03210000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`0344de50
Debug session time: Mon May 9 13:39:00.206 2011 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:53:53.299
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck D1, {fffffa98081b5040, 2, 0, fffff880046210e9}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\FLxHCIc.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for FLxHCIc.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for FLxHCIc.sys
Probably caused by : FLxHCIc.sys ( FLxHCIc+210e9 )

---------

3: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (d1)
An attempt was made to access a pageable (or completely invalid) address at an
interrupt request level (IRQL) that is too high. This is usually
caused by drivers using improper addresses.
If kernel debugger is available get stack backtrace.
Arguments:
Arg1: fffffa98081b5040, memory referenced
Arg2: 0000000000000002, IRQL
Arg3: 0000000000000000, value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation
Arg4: fffff880046210e9, address which referenced memory

Debugging Details:
------------------
READ_ADDRESS: GetPointerFromAddress: unable to read from fffff800034b80e0
fffffa98081b5040

CURRENT_IRQL: 2

FAULTING_IP:
FLxHCIc+210e9
fffff880`046210e9 498b58f8 mov rbx,qword ptr [r8-8]

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT

BUGCHECK_STR: 0xD1

PROCESS_NAME: WPControlPanel

TRAP_FRAME: fffff8800a9512c0 -- (.trap 0xfffff8800a9512c0)
NOTE: The trap frame does not contain all registers.
Some register values may be zeroed or incorrect.
rax=0000000000000000 rbx=0000000000000000 rcx=0000000000000000
rdx=0000000000101000 rsi=0000000000000000 rd... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/162170-new-asus-g73-jw-bsod.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Ok so recently my system crashed while playing batman arkham knight. I get this bsod kernel_system_check_failure. Interesting part is that I only get this crash while playing arkham knight only. My system is barely a week old. Specs are- 4th gen i7 (4750HQ). 8 gb ram, 4 gb nvidia gtx 950m graphics card. Any kind of help will be highly aprreciated.

A:BSOD in ASUS ROG GL 552

Please read BSOD Posting Instructions & How to upload files

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/36544-bsod-asus-rog-gl-552-a.html
Relevancy 40.42%

Greetings I recently bought a new AGP card to upgrade my system and after installing it I decided to test Windows here Everything was going well until it started to crash while running Oblivion editing pictures on Photoshop and running MSN This is what I got last = + BSOD AGP ASUS Old time it crashed Quote Assinatura do problema Nome do Evento de Problema BlueScreen Vers o do sistema operacional Identifica o da Localidade Informa es adicionais sobre Old ASUS + AGP = BSOD o problema BCCode Old ASUS + AGP = BSOD BCP BCP C BCP BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Arquivos que ajudam a descrever o problema C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users Villanova AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml I'm not sure if it is a problem with my Win it is a fresh install in a brand new hard disk network drivers ATI drivers or even my hard disk it is running at half capacity Any help would be greatly appreciated since I'm pulling my hair every time it freezes BSOD memory dump and system file collection are available here Reshur BSOD zip - - online file sharing and storage - download Quote System Specs Pentium IV E ASUS P S D-X x Kingston HyperX PC GB DDR DC ATI XFX Radeon GB AGP drivers Creative Sound Blaster Daniel K's drivers Samsung T x Hz TB SATAII SEAGATE RPM ST AS working at Gb s Windows Ultimate x Thanks in advance for reading

A:Old ASUS + AGP = BSOD

The original DMP files as request by zigzag3143: Reshur DMPs.zip - ************ - online file sharing and storage - download

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/117528-old-asus-agp-bsod.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Hey guys,

When my computer finishes starting up, it ends with what looks like blobs of colored pixels in a line at the top of my screen. This happened for the first time tonight and I have no clue what happened. I took out my video card and plugged my monitor into the mother boards vga slot. Same result. Then i used a HDMI cable from my monitor to my motherboards HDMI slot. Still, with the same result. I plugged my Xbox 360 up to monitor with the HDMI cable and it looks fine so it's not on the monitor's end.

When the computer is loading, the screen stays black. Then when my desktop would normally show is when the pixels show up and the rest of the screen is black. Any help with this is greatly appreciated. Thanks

A:Colored dots and objects at top of screen...

I get the same problem sometimes, I'd like to know too. I have to restore from image every time...

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/36381-colored-dots-objects-top-screen.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Being new to winMX I m still struggling to undestand a lot of the meaning behind the text output in the searching and transfer areas of the program Thus far Busy queue X means that you are waiting in line for the the (winMX)? with funny colored all text What's file First come first serve However if you do not adjust your setting in the file What's with all the funny colored text (winMX)? transfer section then the transfer will time-out You can right-click on the transfer and change the Busy to Remotely Queued which does not appear to ever time-out Is there a major difference between the two So far so good A collapsed file w X green red available means that there are of out available files in that group So what is the difference between files with out of available green and out of available amber And is it better to download in groups or individually Sorry I know that s a lot of questions I don t really need them all answered but a little insight would be appreciated Recommendations to other post or links is would also be helpful I did read some older posts though - robeb nbsp

A:What's with all the funny colored text (winMX)?

Since I think I figured most of this out I'll just go ahead and answer my own questions for future reference.

1. Downloading files is groups can be good, however, you need set them to Remote Queue (right-click in the transfer box). There is probably another way to do this under file transfer settings.

2. In the search area under status / server, "1(green)+0(red) available" means that in the group only one user has a file available that is not queued. You can see which user this is by uncollapsing the file (click on the plus sign all the way to the left).
Likewise, "2(green)+0(red) available means 2 files in the group are not queued and 0(green)+0(red) means 0 files are not queued.

3. Amber files mean there is only 1 file available out of X files queued.

This is only a speculation but I think I got most of it figured out. If someone disagrees please reply and set me straight.

- robeb

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/whats-with-all-the-funny-colored-text-winmx.88087/
Relevancy 39.99%

system build

processor: i7 965
mobo: p6t deluxe v2
ram: 6 gb ddr3 tri-channel (corsair)
graphics: radeon 4890
hard drive: 1 tb, 7500 rpm (i think)
power supply: 1000 watt

no error message, but when running games or movies the screen will look like static on a tv, but it will be colorful, and when i move my mouse the colors sometimes change. this will go on for like 30 seconds, then the screen will go black. sound continues during the static, and after the screen goes black there is no hard drive activity. the graphics card worked fine in another computer. i tried running one ram stick at a time, but ther error happens on all of them, so i dont think ram is the issue, but it could all be bad i guess. does anyone know what to do to fix this problem?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/random-shutdown-colored-static.881252/
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi all

Here is how :

Let's go into regedit ( launch run command and type "regedit" without quotes )

Now go to the following path :

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\DWM

now you gonna create a new dword ( see screenshot ) named " AccentColorInactive "

double click on it and edit the color with hexadecimal values using a nice url I found for it

Color Hex Color Codes

the TRICK is to copy from right to left the values ( blue first , then green and red ) found in hexadecimal field

Now fill the DWORD hexadecimal field with them to get :

Now you have your INACTIVE windows title bars COLORED

Credits to Vishal Guptal from askvg for this nice tip !

Working under windows 10 1511 - 10586 build

Regards

EDIT: just found Edwin told the tip before lol

Maybe to put in tutorial section Brink ?

A:Now you can have COLORED INACTIVE TITLE BARS !

Hmm, doesn't work for me (even with a reboot).

http://www.tenforums.com/customization/31907-now-you-can-have-colored-inactive-title-bars.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi all I have just received a new notebook built by AVADirect have never had a problem in the past about a week ago Every once in a while with no exact cause that I can determine the screen goes to a multi-colored static There are no error messages cannot screen crash Multi-colored see the pointer and basically have to manually shutdown the computer One time a loud screech came out of the speakers also I have downloaded a driver that AVA recommended at Confirm Download This didn't solve the problem Any recommendations Below are my specs Thanks CUSTOM NOTEBOOK MSI MS- K PR Core Value Notebook quot WXGA TFT LCD Integrated Intel GMA X Graphics MICROSTAR MS- K - PR Core Duo Notebook Barebone Socket P Intel GM quot WXGA TFT Glossy SATA DVD RW SM Integrated Intel GMA X Graphics INTEL Core Duo T GHz Processor MHz FSB MB L cache W nm OEM ARCTIC SILVER Arctic Silver Thermal Compound Polysynthetic Silver CRUCIAL GB Multi-colored crash screen x GB PC - DDR MHz SDRAM SODIMM CL Non-ECC SEAGATE GB Momentus RPM MB cache -Inch SATA Gb s OEM MICROSTAR x Super-Multi DVD RW Optical Drive Included NOTEBOOK ACCESSORY Built-in -in- MMC SD MS Media Card Reader Included INTEL Wireless WiFi Link IEEE a b g Draft N Mbps Internal PCIe Mini Card MICROSTAR Extra Black -Cell Primary Battery for MS- K Notebooks MICROSOFT Windows Vista Business -bit Edition w SP OEM

A:Multi-colored crash screen

your gpu (graphics card) is [email protected] out , send it back or at least tell them you want a new one then when it comes.....send it back

drivers wont sort this issue its faulty hardware

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/241075-multi-colored-crash-screen.html
Relevancy 39.99%

When My computer Starts up some of the technical letters of the words are colored or and Off & Help Monitor Colored On Dots Flashes capitalized where they shouldn t be after this the Microsoft logo and progress bar loads there are Colored Dots & Monitor Flashes On and Off Help little colored dots ALL over the screen When I get to the start up page i used to log into my user and it would either take a long time to load or freeze up When it did load however i could use it for about min then the monitor would start turning on and off but the power light stayed on I still have little dots all over the desktop I didn t want to bother with it so i left it alone for months then i tried to turn it on the other day and right after i logged into my user i had a blue screen I have gotten a blue screen before and it would say I had a driver problem but this time it didn t list any problems with the drivers I m not very technical and could really use some help nbsp

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/colored-dots-monitor-flashes-on-and-off-help.135391/
Relevancy 39.99%

Hey guys,

When my computer finishes starting up, it ends with what looks like blobs of colored pixels in a line at the top of my screen. This happened for the first time tonight and I have no clue what happened. I took out my video card and plugged my monitor into the mother boards vga slot. Same result. Then i used a HDMI cable from my monitor to my motherboards HDMI slot. Still, with the same result. I plugged my Xbox 360 up to monitor with the HDMI cable and it looks fine so it's not on the monitor's end.

When the computer is loading, the screen stays black. Then when my desktop would normally show is when the pixels show up and the rest of the screen is black. Any help with this is greatly appreciated. Thanks

A:Colored dots and objects at top of screen...

I'd like to see a screen captured image of it. But in any case, your troubleshooting definitely points to a bad video card. Start thinking about a PCIe x16 card, if you have a slot for it.

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/259349-colored-dots-objects-top-screen.html
Relevancy 39.99%

Hi All,

I have a problem that is driving me crazy. Every 10 - 15 mins my desktop changes color and then 10 - 15 mins later it changes back.

Im attaching an image to show what i mean as its hard to explain. One is my normal deskop the other shows the problem. The colour can also differ today its pink but in a few days ago it was bright blue!

I am running Windows 7 Pro 64Bit with a ATI Mobility Radeon HD5400 and connected to my Sony Bravia via hdmi

Any help or pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks

Wurz

A:Desktop keeps showing a colored overlay

Quote: Originally Posted by Wurzel

Hi All,

I have a problem that is driving me crazy. Every 10 - 15 mins my desktop changes color and then 10 - 15 mins later it changes back.

Im attaching an image to show what i mean as its hard to explain. One is my normal deskop the other shows the problem. The colour can also differ today its pink but in a few days ago it was bright blue!

I am running Windows 7 Pro 64Bit with a ATI Mobility Radeon HD5400 and connected to my Sony Bravia via hdmi

Any help or pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Many Thanks

Wurz

The only experience I have had with the problem you are experiencing was a failing monitor. Have you got another monitor you can use to perform a test?

HTH

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/241628-desktop-keeps-showing-colored-overlay.html
Relevancy 39.99%

i don't understand why this keeps happening...  happens when i watch videos(tried on three different browsers and another application) the computer also goes into sleep or hybernation mode and i have to hard restart it afterwards. I have updated the amd driver.. Can anyone help me??  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/colored-vertical-lines-on-all-in-one-desktop/td-p/5717743