Windows Support Forum

Black Screen of Death during boot, before login screen

Q: Black Screen of Death during boot, before login screen

While attempting to boot, Death before screen login Black during of Screen restore a previous backup of my system with Norton Ghost I got an error and the system rebooted Upon reboot I get the black screen of death with just the cursor instead of the usual login screen I have tried the following thus far These all give me the black screen of death with movable cursor boot in safe mode boot in safe mode with networking boot in safe mode with command prompt last known good configuration I did an Black Screen of Death during boot, before login screen initial system startup repair which went through and said it repaired it rebooted but no change I did a pre-boot diagnostic test - nothing memory test - nothing tried restoring from restore point but it says I don't have any LIES BLASPHEMY tried restoring from restore point on external disk - seemed okay then failed chkdsk - found some stuff fixed it no change tried ctrl alt del on black screen of death - nothing Now I know that the hard drive itself is alright that is the information is still all there still While I can't give you exact specs I can tell you that I am on a Dell Studio XPS running Win home premium bit I'm at a loss as to what else to do Despite being a black screen with just a movable cursor the system still appears to be running as every few minutes it will show the quot thinking quot cursor where it shows the little circle next to the arrow If anyone has any tips or suggestions it would be greatly appreciated hugs and kisses Amplitude

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Black Screen of Death during boot, before login screen

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Black Screen of Death during boot, before login screen

hi,

Known issue some users have it others don't did you try Why is my screen black when I start Windows 7? or this mentions a "black screen of death" fix but i would be verry carefull running executable files from unknown sources

Windows 7 Black Screen Of Death Fix

also this http://www.everything-microsoft.com/2009/12/01/windows-7-bsod-black-screen-of-death-freeze-and-potential-fix/

but it also points to external sources microsoft should fix the issue or that *.exe should be authenticode signed so you have a way to verify it's trustworthy.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/219955-black-screen-death-during-boot-before-login-screen.html
Relevancy 108.79%

The issue started a few hours ago when I was playing League of Legends specifically when the game has finished its loading and crashed to Desktop which is a common problem on my laptop As usual I would restart the game but before I could do that explorer exe Mouse Cursor Login before Screen Black of Death Screen with crashed my entire Desktop has turned to the familiar transparent whitish filter before the quot Explorer exe has crashed quot message popped out which was peculiar at the time because this is Black Screen of Death with Mouse Cursor before Login Screen the first time it had happened So I allowed the program to restart it didn't So I shut down via holding down the power button and rebooted the laptop It went into Startup Repair and did its automated repair so I let it repair while I did my stuff When I returned the repair had completed and it booted the laptop into the infamous Black Screen of Death with a movable mouse cursor This is right before I could log on to my user account and I decided to search for solutions initially on Google using an available PC Most of it didn't work for starters booting up to Safe Mode Safe Mode with Networking and Last known Good Configuration brought me to the same movable mouse cursor with black screen combo Safe Mode with Command Prompt has the same problem and the Command Prompt does not appear After which I accessed the Repair menu with the F button right after the BIOS loads and tried every option First Repair Your Computer did not work as it couldn't find any problems after the first initial repair it did System Restore didn't not have any Restore Points which is strange because I do have several restore points prior to this issue happened I skipped the Memory option and used the Command Prompt to do a sfc exe scannow to detect any problems according to one solution I found but it gave the message telling me there is another repair job that requires my laptop to be restarted At first I did went back and did the sfc command no luck After all that I went to try the Ctrl Alt Del and starting explorer exe as a new process but the task manager does not appear Not in any bootable modes with the mouse cursor present At the moment I am out of ideas and solutions it really is starting to drive me against the wall because this laptop has a lot of information I need I do not have access to my backups or recovery disks as I'm currently overseas I hope I can hear from any users here about what to do My laptop Acer Aspire TimelineX TG Windows Home Edition x I do not have any USB devices connected to my laptop except for my mouse and that's about it I will try my best to add on more missing info if pointed out thank you very much

A:Black Screen of Death with Mouse Cursor before Login Screen

having the same problem here on my toshiba satellite L655-1je laptop. did everything srwalpha did but to no avail. hence, bumping this up for help pls...

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/192503-black-screen-death-mouse-cursor-before-login-screen.html
Relevancy 105.78%

So i was trying to extend my system partition using easeus partition manager and on restarting a black screen with movable cursor is there, no login screen. To clarify i can't access the task manager (no response) and same thing happens in safe mode.
I didn't have the windows 7 installation disc as i got this Windows pre-installed from laptop manufacturer so i used my win 10 installation disc to try and repair it. Startup repair couldn't fix anything chkdsk found nothing sfc scannow using offbootdir and offwindir did nothing. I don't have any restore points which i don't why happened because i just installed a win 7 update which created a restore point? Please suggest any solution short of repair install.

Ps i don't get last known good configuration option on boot menu only safe mode so don't suggest that
Thanks for your replies

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/395567-black-screen-death-before-login-screen.html
Relevancy 102.77%

Okay, so basically I get the black screen of death after "Start Windows" and before the login screen.

What I've tried and failed to work
- System Repair
- System Restore (no restore points apparently
- Memory Check (nothing)
- Ctr+Alt+Delete on black screen and Task Manager does not pop up.
- chkdsk - no problems

I seem to get the black screen in normal safe mode but in networking and command prompt I can actually log in. Is there anything I can do from here?

Note: I am having this problem with a laptop

A:Black Screen of death before login

Hi,

As you have already followed most of the Troubleshooting and as you are able to log in “Safe mode with Networking”, I would suggest you to try creating a New User account and then try to enter in this New User account in Normal Mode.

If the issue still persists, you can even try restoring system back to factory settings and then check the performance of the system. Ensure backing up your data before reinstalling Operating system or PC restore.

Keep us Posted

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/257573-black-screen-death-before-login.html
Relevancy 102.77%

I was customizing some windows login bmp's and when I put the computer to sleep and woke it back up to test the login screen I got the black screen of death I'm not sure why this happened because I've modified this and other bmp's without any problem By the way the bitmap in question is one of the user tile pictures It seems like windows freaks out if just one bmp is quot invalid quot I've tried restarting and got the same black screen even though the computer boots right to the desktop after restarting automatic login without showing the user tile I've read tons of posts regarding similar issues but I haven't been able to resolve my issue Here's what I've tried All configurations of safe mode i e networking command prompt etc System restore Startup repair Sfc scannow None of these worked help Black screen of during death login; seems nothing to I've Black screen of death during login; nothing seems to help done successful system restores in the past but those restore points are not available anymore and the two that I have now Black screen of death during login; nothing seems to help didn't work Again task manager is NOT available and safe mode also goes to the black screen I don't have all my files backed up Ironically I was looking for external hard drives earlier but I haven't bought one yet The copy of Black screen of death during login; nothing seems to help windows that I have was a LEGAL downloaded copy so no recovery discs or flash drives The worst part about this is that I know exactly what file is causing the issue but I just can't access it All I need is to be able to access my files in order to solve this issue Any help is appreciated

A:Black screen of death during login; nothing seems to help

Chris ome you didn't metion was chdsk try it
http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/433-disk-check.html< if necessary include the /f switch in the command line as per Option2

Now I know you probably have but have you checked in restore for the "other" restore points?

Have you doen any malware scans too if not try these (you may already have but I don't know that)

http://www.superantispyware.com/

http://www.malwarebytes.org/products/malwarebytes_free/

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/download/adwcleaner/

ADW download frombleeping computer delete any rubbish found with the malware scans

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/335373-black-screen-death-during-login-nothing-seems-help.html
Relevancy 102.34%

Hello.

Just today, I turned on my computer and got the blue screen of death, so I restarted my PC. Then a black screen came up saying "Windows could not start beacuse the following file is missing or corrupt : \windows\system32\config\system."

You can attempt to repair this file by putting the winxp cd in etc...

Now when i turn on my computer there is just a black screen showing, with nothing at all on it.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks very much for your help.

A:Blue screen of death, boot problems, black screen startup

It's a nasty error that requires some persistance and resourcefullness to overcome without a clean install.

If you have a Windows CD or have the recovery console installed, you might want to have a go at these directions.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;307545

Forum example of a successful recovery here:

http://forums.techguy.org/showthread.php?s=&threadid=195985

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blue-screen-of-death-boot-problems-black-screen-startup.382012/
Relevancy 101.48%

I was customizing some windows login bmp's and when I put the computer to sleep and woke it back up death login; Black screen of during tried basically everything to test the login screen I got the black screen of death I'm not sure why this happened because I've modified this and other bmp's without any problem By the way the bitmap in question is one of the user tile pictures It seems like windows freaks out if just one bmp is invalid I've tried restarting and got the same black screen even though the computer boots right to the desktop after restarting automatic login without showing the Black screen of death during login; tried basically everything user tile I've read tons of posts regarding similar issues but I haven't been able to resolve my issue Here's what I've tried All configurations of safe mode i e networking command prompt etc System restore Startup repair Sfc scannow None of these worked I've done successful system restores in the past but those restore points are not available anymore and the two Black screen of death during login; tried basically everything that I have now didn't work Again task manager is NOT available and safe mode also goes to the black screen I don't have all my files backed up Ironically I was looking for external hard drives earlier but I haven't bought one yet The copy of windows that I have was a LEGAL downloaded copy so no recovery discs or flash drives The worst part about this is that I know exactly what file is causing the issue but I just can't access it All I need is to be able to access my files in order to solve this issue

A:Black screen of death during login; tried basically everything

You can download Mint or Ubuntu Linux and burn it to a DVD, then boot from it and access your files.  Both these versions of Linux have Windows like user interfaces so there's very little to learn in order to use them.  Mint is closer than Ubuntu, but either one would serve you well.  Just go to mintlinux.com or ubuntu.com and download an ISO image, burn it to a DVD, and boot from it.  You'll be up and running in 3 min.  You don't have to install anything, just click TRY when you boot from the disc.

Good luck.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/538476/black-screen-of-death-during-login;-tried-basically-everything/
Relevancy 100.62%

I used dejco's Logon Studio many times, but this last time (after an update reset my login screen) made my computer crap out. After the logon was applied, I had to shut the computer down. Windows Explorer wouldn't respond, so I did a hard shutdown. On reboot, I got the Black Screen with a visible and controllable cursor. I've disabled driver signature enforcement for development reasons. I've read across the net that it could be bad display adapter drivers conflictiong with the shell. I've tried System Restore, and I've tried restoring a backup. I also ran checkdisk as well as sfc /scannow in WinRE. CCleaner and a select few other apps from my HDD run, but the majority give me the typical subsystem-not-present error. I'm using an ubuntu live CD right now. I'd rather avoid a reinstall, as I have almost a terabyte of stuff I can't lose. How the heck do i fix this?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/391164-windows-black-screen-death-beore-login.html
Relevancy 100.19%

Thanks for all providing valuable suggestions in my previous thread Win boot Win login on screen before Black up, Install)? screen 7: (Clean Black screen on boot up before login screen As Win 7: Black screen on boot up, before login screen (Clean Install)? I am picking the clean install option for my resolution I am opening this new thread I reviewed the tutorials Macrium of this community I found Macrium Reflect Free Version July for download I downloaded installed above Macrium to working PC This version has an option to create Win 7: Black screen on boot up, before login screen (Clean Install)? Macrium Reflect rescue media on CD DVD or USB stick upon installing on working PC I created a rescue media USB I created complete HDD image of my unbootable Z before doing clean win install I am going to clean install Windows Home Premium bit using my OEM KEY I posted the OEM DISKMAP in my previous thread Post I find System d MB Windows OS c GB amp my Lenovo data e GB Lenovo says if I change the partition configuration it will make built-in Lenovo recovery unusable I like the idea of adopting infrequent system changes adding new programs etc and frequent data changes growing user documents in Win 7: Black screen on boot up, before login screen (Clean Install)? image backup strategy I mean taking system partition d c image back up as and when I add new programs and taking data partition e image backup periodically How do I re-structure my DISKMAP to have effective periodical image backup without disrupting built-in Lenovo recovery Are there any Windows disk partition recommendation guidelines Thanks for sharing helping

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/380263-win-7-black-screen-boot-up-before-login-screen-clean-install.html
Relevancy 100.19%

Hello I ll go ahead and start from the very beginning Thanks in advance though for taking a look at my problem About a month ago my computer would give me a few problems while booting screen before Cant black Windows login boot, Solved: screen up I would start the computer it would run through BIOS run through the Windows loading screen and after that it would run the CHKDSK to make sure my disks are fine CHKDSK doesn t work it just freezes right before checking the disks so I restart and generally it will boot up Most of the time it would boot up perfectly but rarely would it go to the xp loading screen and then flicker as if it as Solved: Windows Cant boot, black screen before login screen going to go to the windows login screen but wouldn t The screen would just stay black and I d have to restart Solved: Windows Cant boot, black screen before login screen Next time generally it would work perfect So this brings me to the current day After the Solved: Windows Cant boot, black screen before login screen windows xp loading screen it goes black The computer is on but I don t see any activity for the HDD via the LED SO i go into safe mode i finally get CHKDSK to run I had to really mess with some stuff to get that working Windows says the volume is fine and the only way I can boot my PC is in safe mode but even that will freeze sometimes while loading some of the files Just to let you know I m running Raid and this is my first time running it I m not sure if this symptom is a common problem if one of the disks are going out Does anyone know whats going on Could it be a virus that messed with a boot ini or any startup stuff also is there anyway to remove problems within safe mode I tried removing anti-virus program thinking it might help but wont allow me nbsp

Relevancy 97.18%

Win Black screen on boot up before login screen I find some interesting posting in this forum Thanks for keeping this forum to help windows community I like to pick up the brain of this forum to resolved the black screen issue I am not sure whether it caused by virus I use Microsoft Security Essentials I am not able to run this in command prompt I started my laptop this morning amp login screen showed up Once I entered my login credentials I heard the sound that usually plays once a login is successful but I ended up with a black screen After this occurred I had to hold down the power button to manually shut down the computer Once I started it up again I was prompted to do a system repair which eventually ended up with all successful outcomes but login up, Win on Black boot 7: before screen? screen I now have a black screen with a cursor before the login screen now I have no idea what caused this to happen My laptop is a Lenovo Ideapad Model Z GB HD GB RAM I am not able to get into safe mode or any other mode which all leads to a black screen described above Only able to use the quot Repair Your computer quot tools after pressing F during booting Under regular user login it provided Start Repair option AS I pick Win 7: Black screen on boot up, before login screen? this option it did not find any issues Under Admin user login it provided system recovery options It is not picking up the recovery point created a while ago Windows Memory Diagnostics is not launching and shows a black screen without cursor I am able to get into command prompt I tried the following there I am not able to run cmd as admin I reviewed the past posting of this forum on this subject Windows boots to an unresponsive black screen with mouse cursor System File Checker Run sfc scannow amp analyze its logs in Windows Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service How to analyze the log file entries that the Microsoft Windows Resource Checker SFC exe program generates in Windows Vista Force SFC to Run in Windows Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them SFC SCANNOW showed up quot Windows Resource Protection could not start the repair service I did quot net start trustedinstaller quot quot Windows Resource Protection detected pending repair restart the computer quot I ran repair options using sfc scannow offbootdir x offwindir D windows and got quot Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them quot I did findstr c quot SR quot windir logs cbs cbs Win 7: Black screen on boot up, before login screen? log gt sfcdetails txt I am not able to find any SR tags in sfcdetails txt This file is empty It is puzzling me Thanks for helping

A:Win 7: Black screen on boot up, before login screen?

From sfc /scannow command your windows is assigned D in recovery environment and perhaps %windir% is not recognized, so try the command:

Code:
findstr /c:"[SR]" D:\windows\logs\cbs\cbs.log >sfcdetails.txt

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/377395-win-7-black-screen-boot-up-before-login-screen.html
Relevancy 94.6%

I run a dual-boot system of windows and ubuntu and i mainly use windows! Two days ago, i tried to remove Grub but i didn't have a recovery cd to run "fixmbr"! i came across "ms-sys" a linux program that had the same functions, and had been recommended in various forums. After running, i get nothing but a black screen on boot! i reinstalled grub, ubuntu works fine, but when i select windows i get the black screen again. I've tried most of the recovery programs, testdisk, super grub disk, MBRfix, etc. but they don't help. I found a way to get recovery console through usb but neither fixmbr nor fixboot helped.
i found a windows installation cd, and tried to format the windows partition part when it first reboot it stays stuck on "Press any key to boot from cd..." and even when i press nothing happens. What should i do?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/cant-boot-because-of-black-screen-of-death-438577.html
Relevancy 94.6%

Alright so i moved my comp over to my friends to play some mmo but when i hooked my comp up the monitor never showed anything just a black screen. I read around a lot and everyone got like the widows splash sign and stuff but i didn't get anything at all just solid blackness so i tried using my friends monitor but no diffrence i tryed using my onboard graphics card still no solution im puzzled i dont even know how i would fix sumthing like this when i can't even see anything at all on my screen ill try a few more things and keep u updated if i get any changes

A:Black screen of Death on boot

I have windows XP as well

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-of-death-on-boot.725032/
Relevancy 94.6%

Hi Last night I left my computer Screen Boot Black at of Up Death running and when I woke up this morning the black screen of death was staring back at me All I see is a black screen with a blinking white dash When I rebooted I got a black screen with the blinking dash in the top left corner then it went to the normal Dell icon that says press F for menu I press F nothing happens Then it goes beack to the screen of death and does nothing Nothing happens no matter what buttons or combonations of buttons I push I simply cant get a menu to boot into safe mode or anything When I put Black Screen of Death at Boot Up in the microsoft XP instalation CD nothing changed and I cant get to a menu to tell it to boot off the CD I desperatly need the computer for homework and any help would be apriciated My computer s specs are Dell Inspiron Laptop Pentium processer Windows XP Thanks Bushviper nbsp

Relevancy 93.74%

Hello friends, I recently got the Gnome desktop environment on the Ubuntu Software Center, and I used the gdm and startx command as said by another forum site. Nothing wrong, they said to logout, tried to login again, goes to a black screen and sends me back to the Ubuntu login screen. Tried again, same result, panicked. Looked up video tutorial on how to fix it, they said to access the control panel via ctrl-alt-f1 or f2, went to a black screen, no text at all, computer runs fine, no crashing. Is there a special way to access the terminal in a System76 computer, I really don't know very confusing? Is there a way to login with the guest session? I use Ubuntu 15.10 Wily Werewolf on my laptop. What causes this, I read on Ubuntu forums it's driver issues with Ubuntu and Nvidia, but I have my suspections with the Gnome desktop environment.

https://malwaretips.com/threads/ubuntu-login-black-screen-then-login-screen-loop-for-a-system76-oryx-pro-laptop.55688/
Relevancy 93.31%

Hey everyone!

I've had an issue with my computer booting properly. I went from a 1:05 boot time to over a 2:00 boot because Vista go's to a black screen instead of loading my desktop.

I'm not sure where to start fixing this, I've always been good with computers and have tried all the text book fixes and I have no where left to go. I made a video which is uploading now and will be up incase this doesn't make as much sense as I'd hope.

I'm running an
Alienware Area 52
Intel Pentium D CPU 3.00 GHz
3 gigs of ram
ATI Radeon x1600

All my drivers are up to date.

Any help / input / advise is greatly appreciated!

A:Vista 32 Bit Black Screen of Death on Boot.

YouTube - Vista 32 Bit Black Screen of Death on Boot

there's the link!

http://www.vistax64.com/general-discussion/193310-vista-32-bit-black-screen-death-boot.html
Relevancy 92.88%

I'm getting the black screen with movable cursor or KSOD Black Screen Of Death on Windows (Black Vista Black Of Death) Screen screen or with cursor movable KSOD Vista Black screen with movable cursor or KSOD (Black Screen Of Death) Vista What happens The system powers on POST BIOS Start windows normally Windows splash screen - gt Black screen with movable cursor or KSOD (Black Screen Of Death) Vista Black screen lt - What I can do I CAN enter BIOS and have reset the default settings I CAN press F to give me advanced boot options but all options have the same result apart from quot Repair your computer quot I CAN load the quot Repair your computer quot option I CAN move the mouse around the screen I CAN press shift times to get a dialogue to appear but no control panel I CAN press the power button to shut down the system I CAN start up in safe Black screen with movable cursor or KSOD (Black Screen Of Death) Vista mode which is exactly the same but with lower resolution I CANNOT seem to do anything else However there are workarounds to accessing the hard drive I CAN use MSDaRT or the System Recovery Tool I CAN use the hard drive as an external USB hard drive on another machine What I've tried Startup Repair - Could not detect a problem System Restore - No restore points Windows Complete PC Restore - A valid restore location could not be found Windows Memory Diagnostics - No errors SFC Scan - No problems Stand alone system sweeper - No problems Hotfix Uninstall - Nothing to uninstall I also COULD do a partial or full quot Packard Bell Recovery quot which is essentially like reinstalling windows I DO NOT want to do this I'm sure this is just a simple software issue really and I would rather avoid a reinstall Can anyone recommend what steps I should try to resolve this Thanks

A:Black screen with movable cursor or KSOD (Black Screen Of Death) Vista

I think I saw this post aver at Toms but I also think you gave some additional info.
I think what may be going on it during the switch from the windows low res video driver to the driver used in normal mode.

Since you can get into safe mode try to go to device manager.
Start|right click computer|properties|device manager.
Look in the display adapter.
Is there a yellow exclamation mark there?
Or is it showing the video that you know should be there?
Please post the video that the machine uses and or the PB model.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/black-screen-with-movable-cursor-or-ksod-black-screen-of-death-vista-410636.html
Relevancy 92.45%

Okay bear with me as this may be a little long A friend death) won't screen Vista of boot (black up Ultimate was going out of town last weekend so he shut his computer down and Vista Ultimate won't boot up (black screen of death) unplugged it before he left It was working fine at this point When he got back home and started it up again after Vista Ultimate won't boot up (black screen of death) the BIOS loaded it went straight to a black screen and wouldn't budge Anyway he called me for help and I figured it would be a simple fix just use the Vista cd and do a Startup Repair on it Easy right Wrong I forgot that the DVD player in his system has an issue and won't read disks So I took his computer to my house removed the HDD and installed it in my computer Before I go on any further the computer that was having the issue is a Dell Inspiron running on an AMD Athlon X not sure of the exact speed but it came with Vista preinstalled from Dell so I'm assuming it meets the minimum requirements and the one that I was going to use to fix the issue is a Dell Dimension E running a Pentium Ghz and Ghz of RAM So I put the Vista cd in my DVD player changed the boot sequence and booted off the cd Now when it got into the repair utility it did NOT list the Vista OS for me to repair it It said something about paraphrasing quot if your OS is not listed load the drivers for your HDD Please select the source of the drivers for your HDD to install quot or something to that effect I have no idea what the drivers would be called or where to look for them Besides it was my understanding that Vista didn't need HDD drivers to run So I hit the 'Next' button and went right to the next page did a Startup Repair and the computer finished and restarted I went back into the BIOS readjusted the boot sequence and restarted again This time it came up and said quot Drive not found SATA something or other Primary IDE Master Press F to continue or F to run the setup utility quot This can't be good If the HDD isn't showing up does this mean that the drive is fried I was going to use my DVD drive in my friend's computer but my DVD drive uses the old fashioned PATA ribbon cables whereas his uses the SATA data cables Does anybody know if there is a PATA to SATA cable adaptor out there anywhere ANY help on this issue would be greatly appreciated Thank you

A:Vista Ultimate won't boot up (black screen of death)

Anybody???

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/255067/vista-ultimate-wont-boot-up-black-screen-of-death/
Relevancy 92.45%

Hello everyone First of all I will divide my statement by sections so it would be easier to read Section The problem - description of it Section How I manage the problem "loading cursor" Black no on screen and screen with login Boot. Section Things and methods that I have tried - all unsuccessfully Section My own findings to help with further analysis So here we go Section Whenever I start windows it will boot normally up Black screen with "loading cursor" and no login screen on Boot. until Windows logo screen where balls meet to form windows logo at this logo screen I can already notice slow pace as it stays in it for a good minute Afterwards it will be just black screen for a minute Then mouse cursor will appear with faster sensitivity than my usual and it will transform into a loading wheel cursor after another minute And now it reached state in which it can stay for hours Only black screen and loading mouse wheel note that it is always spinning and I can always move it it is not frozen Section So the only way for me to login is to leave it be for at least about hours and it will start itself Usually I do this overnight and in the morning it is already at the desktop and works like nothing ever happened I can do whatever then everything will work perfectly fine Crysys works fine YouTube works fine - no trace of any problem So while I can always just Hibernate and sleep my PC I need to restart it sometimes EDIT Now after those hours or more it will simply display ordinary mouse pointer on a black screen and act as if I am in login screen For example it will sleep after mins of no movement and instantly wake up on activity Section So far I have tried those methods Clean boot All of F advanced boot options Only safe mode and repair windows work sfc scannow in Safe Mode Uninstalling video card driver and reinstalling with the latest compatible CCleaner while in normal mode Other anti virus and malware softwares Windows restore no back up point Deleting network drivers Reinstalling them Disabling all network related devices in the Device Manager Section While Fail Safe mode works neatly Fail safe mode with networking support loads but freezes after about seconds And won't unfreeze only mouse will be movable but everything will be irresponsive and will give me errors like shown on the post here below in the replies It appears to be happened after I downloaded windows update for Virtual machine support During the update I went away from my laptop when I left it was restarting itself to apply updates and when I came back hour later I found my laptop on the same black screen with loading mouse cursor I waited minutes more and forcefully restarted it And it was black screen again Since then I have uninstalled everything regarding that update and virtual machine through programs and features in the windows updates tab There were few times when I saw a BSOD after black screen stood for about hours But was unable to read them fast enough Sometimes the laptop monitor will change its brightness during black screen The laptop will restart itself after about hour of black screen and go into it again --- EDITs Sorry for the edits guys I am using Android to write this and I want my post to look both informative and easy to read --- I usually solve problems like this myself through hardcore researching and analysis but I fail on this one Thank you everyone who will try to help and suggest anything Thank you for your time ExacT

A:Black screen with "loading cursor" and no login screen on Boot.

It sounds like something is trying to load and run in the background.
Download DDS from one of these links:
DDS.com
DDS.pifDisable any script blocking protection
Double click the dds icon to run the tool.
When done, DDS will open two (2) logs: DDS.txt
Attach.txt <--- will be minimized in the task tray

Save both reports to your desktop.
Include the contents of both logs in your next post.
The scan will instruct you to post Attach.txt as an attachment. You can post both logs as attachments.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/344159-black-screen-loading-cursor-no-login-screen-boot.html
Relevancy 91.59%

Hi everyone I posted this issue in the malware section probably - weeks ago A very helpful individual in that screen can't login. black Windows at boot, forum guided me through a couple of different processes to rid my computer of malware It seems to be okay now as far Windows can't boot, black screen at login. as malware and viruses however I still cannot log into my computer except in safe mode Essentially after the computers posts and boots it will take me to the Windows XP loading screen After it s done loading it flashes as if it s going to the screen where I choose the user However I just get a blank black screen It s not as if the monitor is off because I still see an off-hue black screen I also have some weird artifacts in BIOS and what seems to be a lack of colors in Safe Mode When I say artifacts it really just odd symbols in place of normal letters or additional commas periods etc etc We ve ran hijack and Malwarebytes and a couple of different things and still no success I ve also tried doing a re-install of Windows XP and have some issues there with drivers and undetectable DVD roms Anyone have a direction in which I should start Thank you -Jeff See thread from security forum http forums techguy org virus-oth ndows-wont-boot-black-screen html post nbsp

A:Windows can't boot, black screen at login.

See if this is of any help:

http://support.microsoft.com/KB/314503

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-cant-boot-black-screen-at-login.930039/
Relevancy 91.59%

Trying to help a friend fix their HP laptop While these symptoms are similar seen lots of quot close but not quite quot I haven't been able to fix it yet Hoping not to have to nuke it System starts to boot See the startup logo so I know there isn't a hardware problem After the startup logo animation screen goes black with just the cursor pointer You can see hard-drive activity so I know it is doing something If I press the power-button it goes to sleep I can press keys like Windows-P and select through things like which display to choose extend screen etc So again Windows seems to be functioning Even hooked up an external monitor and can move the cursor back and forth with W-P or the Fn key so video seems to work just fine Tried Safe Mode - same results It lists all the drivers being loaded and then goes black-screen I think the last one is usually disk sys Tried a Startup Repair - it says there isn't anything to repair Tried boot w/cursor after Black Screen b4 login Restore point - it says there aren't any restore points Tried Last Known Good Configuration - doesn't make any difference Tried VGA x more - nada I have booted from an install DVD and run chkdsk f - nothing wrong Tried running sfc scannow - mixed results By itself the command says a previous restore repair is in progress I found a discussion where someone with a similar program used a bunch of parms and that gets around this error However after chugging for a while I get the error quot Windows Resource Protection could not perform the requested operation quot This is where I am currently stuck at This is a laptop and I have removed the HD and put into another system to perform A V and anti-malware scans They found one of the quot fake A V Black Screen w/cursor after boot b4 login - scarewares quot on it and removed it Black Screen w/cursor after boot b4 login Found some other junk in the temp Black Screen w/cursor after boot b4 login directories which I have emptied Thoughts Suggestions

A:Black Screen w/cursor after boot b4 login

Since I didn't get any replies and couldn't wait any longer and since every place I looked the answer boils down to a reinstall, I nuked it/over-installed Windows 7 and am rebuilding it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/177481-black-screen-w-cursor-after-boot-b4-login.html
Relevancy 91.59%

I have a Toshiba Satellite and I'm running Vista.

Basically my computer will start up and do everything fine and then it just goes black for about 20 minutes before the cursor shows for a few mins before very slowly loading the login page and then slowly loads the desktop.

I can't get a virus scanner to run for more than a half hour or so before the computer just turns off.

Also - I haven't given it the time to see if it comes out of it like normal start up, but it appears to fail to boot in safe mode.

What can I do? I know I haven't given any info as to what I've tried, but I'm really lost.

Thank you

A:Black screen for 20 minutes between boot and login

Please post what you have tried.

Please download and install Speccy to provide us with information about your computer.  When  FileHippo opens, click on Download latest version in the upper right pane.

When Speccy opens you will see a screen similar to the one below.

Click on File which is outlined in red in the screen above, and then click on Publish Snapshot.

The following screen will appear, click on Yes.

The following screen will appear, click on Copy to Clipboard.

In your next post right click inside the Reply to Topic box, then click on Paste.  This will load a link to the Speccy log.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/533895/black-screen-for-20-minutes-between-boot-and-login/
Relevancy 91.59%

Hi First sorry if this problem already has been adressed elsewhere I have googled for roughly hours and now im spent I have encountered a problem regarding the screen format of (with boot / Black after won't death cursor) Windows boot process of my computer ASUS N SV Laptop with Windows Premium bit installed Yesterday i formated a harddrive My computer has harddrives labelled C and D Windows is installed on the C drive and i formated the D drive using the designed windows tool Today Windows won't boot after format / Black screen of death (with cursor) my laptop has been unable to boot At first the computer appears to be booting however after the quot Windows is starting quot along with the Windows logo has been present for a while a screen similar to this one appears http cdn howtogeek Windows won't boot after format / Black screen of death (with cursor) com wp-content png Trying to start normally loops back around to the same screen trying to repair the computer results in the computer ending up with a black screen with the mouse cursor present and able to move around However the following problems are present - I cannot open task manager or anything else for that matter at the mouse cursor screen thus i can't use the quot restart explorer exe solution quot or anything software related for that matter - When trying to enter Safe Mode i end up with Windows won't boot after format / Black screen of death (with cursor) the same screen and limited options This goes for all variations of safe mode along with the quot Last good configuration quot and quot low resolution video quot options as well - When trying to boot from a Recovery disc created from another Win pc i end up in the same situation - I have tried to download a win ISO file as described elsewhere and boot from that with the same luck - I have tried to disable the harddrive entirely in the BIOS - no luck either - Removing all USB related plugins does nothing So to sum up - Normal startup Restart loop - Repair startup Black screen of death with mouse cursor present moveable but cant do anything - Safe mode variations same - Recovery disc same - Windows installation disc same - I can't seem to open a command promt As everything on the PC is backed up i do not have any problems in doing complete wipe of everything on the PC Factory reset thus if any solution exists where i can simply reinstall windows bear in mind i can't enter any sort of software or command prompt

A:Windows won't boot after format / Black screen of death (with cursor)

It sounds like you are not setting the machine to boot from disc first

Sorry i dont know your computer experience but are you sure you have entered bios and double checked the boot order ?
DVD first them HDD second
Also are you sure you have created your media correctly ie bootable
Be aware a recovery disc created on a 32 bit machine will only work if your machine is 32 bit and same for 64 bit
You could also try putting your downloaded iso onto a usb flash drive and boot from that if you are having optical drive issues

Tutorial here for reinstalling and the first part gives instructions for download and burn to usb if it helps
Clean Reinstall - Factory OEM Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/backup-restore/303443-windows-wont-boot-after-format-black-screen-death-cursor.html
Relevancy 91.59%

KSOD with cursor I usually fix my computers that I build myself but I'm appealing to the accumulated wisdom here because of Win7 all modes cursor screen with boot Black death on I'm at my wits end and trying to avoid reinstalling Windows from scratch and putting back software for a week Needless to Win7 Black screen of death with cursor on all boot modes say I Win7 Black screen of death with cursor on all boot modes went through all the tutorials and how-tos on BSOD KSOD Windows won't boot and the like especially on this forum My computer is running Windows Ultimate x Symptoms My computer wouldn't come out of hibernation happens once in a while so I forced it shut and restarted it Since then it won't boot Boot in Normal mode Black screen with cursor Keyboard active num caps work no mouse CTRL-ALT-DEL or any other key combination nothing I'm able to go into the Windows boot menu by pressing F so Safe Mode same with bigger cursor Safe Mode w Networking same Safe Mode w Command Prompt same Last Known Good Configuration same Low resolution boot same Leaving the black screen on for some time nothing What I attenpted so far to Win7 Black screen of death with cursor on all boot modes avoid unnecessary responses and waste of time - Went to the quot Repair options quot screen from windows boot menu - Startup Repair numerous times Disn't find any problems - System Restore Could not find restore point which is false as I have some automatic restore points - System Image Recover Couldn't find image - Windows Memory Diagnostics no problems found Then I went to the command prompt and everything I tried from here on was from there - Chkdsk on the boot disk no problems found I could check that all my data which sits on different disks anyway is there and safe so rescueing's not the issue - Windows Defender Offline Ran that no issues - SFC Scan Now this is interesting because it will run with the usual options scannow offwindir c windows offbootdir c it will report that it found corrupt files and successfully repaired them but I think it does nothing at all The cbs log file holds lots of stuff but absolutely no sign of any relevant action - neither which files had an issue and were fixed nor of the fix itself I searched for the SR marker and there are none to be found It's like SFC found problems but could neither fix them nor tell me about it I attached a copy of the CBS LOG file if its contents mean something to someone If anyone can help me with this they would be my savior Thanks to all

A:Win7 Black screen of death with cursor on all boot modes

Please post exact sfc command you did. (I think it was correct btw). It took many minutes to complete? did it report "no integrity errors found" ?
It doesn't create a logfile because you ran it in recovery environment. To create a logfile:

Code:
set WINDOWS_TRACING_LOGFILE=C:\CBS.log
after that run the SFC command. When it has finished you have a file C:\CBS.LOG

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/314606-win7-black-screen-death-cursor-all-boot-modes.html
Relevancy 91.59%

Hi boot computers, 2 Black in way on no screen safe to death?) (of mode this has happened on computers after playing a game or just going for a quick chat onto a game s linked server The first computer is a Black screen (of death?) on 2 computers, no way to boot in safe mode HP m c with legit Vista I wanted to give you a Black screen (of death?) on 2 computers, no way to boot in safe mode link for the specs sorry I m writing this on my cellphone and I can t select and copy the specs from the hp ca site As a newbie I am not allowed to give you the link but it s easy to find although I don t think it s necessary to have the computer s specs to be able to envision the problem The second computer is an e-machine built up a couple of years ago and running on legal XP My years old son used to play an online game Teeworlds a couple of times per week Our home computer operates on Windows Vista with Avira Antivir for the security The last time he played that game was the last time the computer worked I tried to ask him what had happened but he couldn t tell me Then a similar thing happened with a second computer That refreshed his memory For what he remembers now the next time he turned our computer on he clicked on the Teeworlds icon clicked run then a blue screen appeared with lots of writing on it about memory transferring to hard disk and a lot of numbers at the bottom of the screen He then force closed it by pushing on the power button At the next restarting he couldn t get further than the HP home screen not able to get into Windows and then the screen turned black with only the insertion pointer blinking I tried many times to restart in Safe Mode without results The computer is frozen doesn t obey any command the screen is totally black except for the insertion pointer and I have to push on the power button on the tower to turn it off A few weeks later with our computer still down my son went to his grandmother to do his homework on her computer That computer operates on Windows XP with antiviruses one of which is Avira He went to the game s site on that computer then looking for a friend logged onto a server where this guy was That server worked like a CTF but in the server list had a different game type name He went onto that server exchanged a couple of messages to say hello logged off and did his homework The next time we turned that computer on a lot of writing appeared on the screen then it went black Not even the blinking of the insertion pointer in that case Following that it has been impossible to turn the computer off even by pushing on the power button We have to unplug it It won t start in safe mode either This reminds me that last spring we got another plague Vista Internet Security which also froze the computer Fortunately I was able to login in safe mode and was able to find a solution on the web that included both a patch to temporarily disable the popup windows and a scan with Malewarebytes I am now writing this on my cellphone but when I recuperate our computer I ll get back to you with the exact name of the expert Credits are due to whom they belong By the way we then had the misfortune of having an up to date Norton Internet Security as protection It never saw anything even when doing full scans in safe mode and quot They quot insistingly wanted to charge me to solve a common bug their product had let pass Ha We are not with them anymore Did we get this malware through Teeworlds That s a good question The thing is we don t do any other quot risky quot activities One thing is certain though the last two bugs appeared just after using a server linked to that game But anybody can set up a server linked to that game I want to repair the computer myself I cannot afford to send the computer in for repair or debugging And I don t want to erase the hard disk I am willing to learn and to take the time to do all the work necessary to fix this but I simply don t have much of a clue on what to do At least with the second... Read more

A:Black screen (of death?) on 2 computers, no way to boot in safe mode

Are you able to boot from a CD?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/black-screen-of-death-on-2-computers-no-way-to-boot-in-safe-mode.158524/
Relevancy 91.59%

Hey everyone.

So I've been having this issue where my computer won't boot up into the login screen for Win Xp. It simply posts, goes to the Windows loading screen, and just as it's suppose to display the users and login page, the screen just goes black. I can however get into safemode, but it simply won't boot on the regular startup.

I believe it's another system or boot file error that has malware as I've had a previous thread years ago with a similar issue, but need some assistance. Any thgouhts? What info can I get for you to take a peek? -Jeff
PS: I will post the event viewer as soon as I get home from work.

A:Windows won't boot, black screen before login. Boot.ini or system.ini issue?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-wont-boot-black-screen-before-login-boot-ini-or-system-ini-issue.928345/
Relevancy 91.16%

In need of serious help To begin I am stupid and haven't backed up any of of Stuck blue after death screen screen death, of black on my files so for now a windows reinstall is out of the Stuck on black screen of death, after blue screen of death question unless it's completely necessary okay so the problem I was using my computer as normal Then while on Google Chrome it started getting slow and said quot not responding quot this happens all the time to everyone so I waited and then the dreaded Blue screen of death appeared Didn't get a look at what it said because it shut down almost immediately After that it loaded as normal Which is weird I think But got stuck after startup on the black screen of death All I have is a cursor Can't do ctrl alt del can't load any of the safe modes When I go on startup repair it says quot no restore points quot on system restore and quot could not detect a problem quot on system repair or whatever it's called There must be something to fix this I live in hope that the whole system doesn't need to be wiped clean because as I said I stupidly haven quot t backed up my files Can anyone help Please

A:Stuck on black screen of death, after blue screen of death

this sounds like it should be a BSOD thread, post a seperate thread in the BSOD section following the posting instructions for BSODs, make sure you include the dump files, if you don't know how to do that, it should tell you in the BSOD posting instructions.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/368783-stuck-black-screen-death-after-blue-screen-death.html
Relevancy 90.73%

I've been having problems recently with my computer Win Ult x installed on an SSD it used to boot in seconds or less and I was in windows Now it takes a while for the flag to even come up and longer still to get to the login screen After I login I hear the tone and the screen just goes black with a mouse sometimes a start-up program will show like team viewer and after a while I am able to access my desktop I've tried updating all the drivers I've disabled start-up services and programs re-installed VMWare uninstalled VMWare's adapters and disabled it I'd rather not install Windows again the installation is only a few weeks old so it leads me to believe it is a driver issue somewhere The only things that I Windows boot, Slow after screen login 7 black can decipher in the event log on diagnostic boot are a failure to load VGA sys and a bunch of network drivers which were removed I'm out of ideas and knowledge so any help would be greatly appreciated

A:Windows 7 Slow boot, black screen after login

Thanks for all the help guys, anyway turns out it was a bad core on my processor, disabled it and it works fine.  So for anyone that is having this issue and you can disable cores try this.  It is definitely hardware related

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/488599/windows-7-slow-boot-black-screen-after-login/
Relevancy 90.73%

I've been having this problem for many weeks now, and I haven't gotten closer to fixing it. I had to resort to borrowing a computer from a friend to use while I try to figure this out.

It's a problem similar to this one, except I can't even boot to safe mode. I have taken the RAM out one at a time and booted, but it will still stay at the black screen. I have tried reinstalling XP, and installing it on another drive to boot from there, but neither of them fixed the problem. Since I can't boot at all, I can't run HJT or those other programs that were posted in that thread.

Does anyone have any solutions? I've tried asking around to friends and other tech support sites, but none of them could help.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/windows-cant-boot-to-login-hangs-at-black-screen.639668/
Relevancy 89.87%

Hello Before i describe the problem i would like to make it clear that i would like to recover as much as possible This problem occurred playing a game called Empires V It is a steam half -death match mod I had problems in the past however i didn t not consider them problems the screen froze when the game changed map However when it froze it wouldn t respond to Ctrl Alt Delete or Ctrl Esc or the start menu button I pressed the power button and restarted it that way However this is when the problem occurs and i can t over come it It starts with a normal dell screen and the loading bar crosses at Blue Before Screen Fails Login To Screen All Start. Death. Of the bottom as normal Then it goes to Blue Screen Of Death. Fails To Start. All Before Login Screen a black page with a blue line across the top with white writing saying www dell com A line programming maybe Blue Screen Of Death. Fails To Start. All Before Login Screen it appears and disappears rapidly It then goes to a black screen saying something along the lines of We are sorry for the inconvenience but windows failed to start properly It then gives you options and no matter which option I choose I still get a blue of screen of death saying the following A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to you computer If this is the time you ve seen this Stop error screen restart your computer If this appears again follow these steps Disable or uninstall any antivirus dick defragmentation or backup utilities Check your hard drive configuration and check for any update drivers Run CHKDSK F to check for hard drive corruption and then restart you computer Technical information STIP x x x E xc x It ends there I cannot access a log in screen I desperately need help if any additional information is required i will be glad to try and supply it Dell Dimension series About years old

A:Blue Screen Of Death. Fails To Start. All Before Login Screen

Can you boot into Safe Mode? If so, try running chkdsk from Safe Mode.How to start Windows in Safe Mode

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/136855/blue-screen-of-death-fails-to-start-all-before-login-screen/
Relevancy 89.87%

Alright so for some reason ever since I've "upgraded" to Windows 10 from Windows 8.1 I've been having numerous issues with my computer taking a very long time to boot and I've noticed it is logging me in sometimes without asking me for my password at boot. I really want to stop the black screens as waiting 5-10 minutes every time I turn my computer on is annoying. Also I don't see why it would log me in without prompting for my password as why else would I have a logon password? Please if someone knows how to fix my slow boot with black screen where it seems to be sometimes logging me in automatically that would be great thanks!

A:How To Disable Auto Login Last User/Black Screen At Boot???

Hello Radical924,

Double check using the tutorial below to see if you have the Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer box checked to see if that may help with at least the sign in issue.

Sign in User Account Automatically at Windows 10 Startup

http://www.tenforums.com/user-accounts-family-safety/35044-how-disable-auto-login-last-user-black-screen-boot.html
Relevancy 89.87%

Hi there I'm a bit desperate here since I can't seem to find a way to debug analyze and fix this issue My during screen) boot freezes (black process Random before login systems sometimes freezes during the boot process and all I get is black screen This happens when the error occurs BIOS shows up normally Window logo is shown for a brief second black screen With boot details Random freezes during boot process before login (black screen) enabled I see that drivers are getting loaded until classpnp sys After that the screen goes black as well and the system hangs Now when I turn on the machine I get a text screen asking me whether to start normally or run a recovery attempt Usually starting normally is all it takes and Windows boots up fine Once Windows is up and running it's rock solid No lockups no BSODs or whatsoever Unfortunately I have no idea how to get debug details of this part of the boot process os loader phase I already switched the SATA Ports switched to a different brand and even switched to mSATA So I'm pretty sure it's not the SSD Using Windows SATA drivers or Intel RST doesn't make a difference either btw Any help is very very appreciated Thanks Hardware Motherboard Intel DN mt latest BIOS Graphic Card GMA recent drivers CPU Cedar Trail Atom GHz Ram GB - Corsair MHz SSD Crucial M GB in AHCI mode latest FW f

A:Random freezes during boot process before login (black screen)

SSD Troubleshooting:Despite your statement that it is probably not an SSD issue, it does sound like the SSD may be disappearing from the system. Make sure the following are up to date:SSD firmware
BIOS Version
Chipset Drivers
Hard disk controller drivers/SATA drivers
If you have a Marvell IDE ATA/ATAPI device, make sure the drivers are up to date from the Intel site or Marvell site and not from your motherboard/vendor support site.

Try doing a power cycle of the SSD. The following steps should be carried out and take ~1 hour to complete.Power off the system.
Remove all power supplies (ac adapter then battery for laptop, ac adapter for desktop)
Hold down the power button for 30 seconds to close the circuit and drain all components of power.
Reconnect all power supplies (battery then ac adapter for laptop, ac adapter for desktop)
Turn on the system and enter the BIOS (see your manual for the steps to enter the BIOS)
Let the computer remain in the BIOS for 20 minutes.
Follow steps 1-3 and physically remove the SSD from the system by disconnecting the cables for a desktop or disconnecting the drive from the junction for a laptop.
Leave the drive disconnected for 30 seconds to let all power drain from it.
Replace the drive connection(s) and then do steps 4-8 again.
Repeat steps 1-4.
Start your computer normally and run Windows.

The above steps were a result of: Why did my SSD "disappear" from my system? - Crucial Community

While that may not be your drive, a power cycle should be the same on all SSD drives. See how the system responds after the SSD power cycle.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/239627-random-freezes-during-boot-process-before-login-black-screen.html
Relevancy 89.44%

HI with of after Screen can chkdsk, Death mode safe Cursor into Solved: Black boot I have Solved: Black Screen of Death with Cursor after chkdsk, can boot into safe mode a black screen problem after I run chkdsk with my Win drive So far I ve managed to work around the problem by disabling auto chkdsk on my drive How do I fix this permanently Specs are below Here is what I ve done to help correct the problem Run Trend Micro online scan found one virus and trojans Fixed Updated the video drives of my Nvidia GT video card Lowered screen resolution in screen Raised Refresh rate in Monitor Disconnected and reconnected VGA monitor Changed cluster size Scanned for bad clusters Downloaded and ran black screen shell ext fix Created a New profile and booted into it I am unable to run sfc scannow I can boot into safe mode fine After I get Black Screen I can go back to the original state with Norton Solved: Black Screen of Death with Cursor after chkdsk, can boot into safe mode ghost Here are my specs Desktop Drive C W Home Premium GB NTFS IDE Drive D WinXP Pro sp GB NTFS IDE Drive E Storage gb IDE - nd half of Drive amp quot D amp quot Drive F amp amp G Solved: Black Screen of Death with Cursor after chkdsk, can boot into safe mode DVDRs Seagate GB Sata Storage Partitions Seagate GB USB Storage Partitions external Phenom II ghz CPU GB DDR Ram Nvidia GT PCIE GB video card Creative bit sound card ASROCK M A DE Mobo Earthlink DSL bps Floppy drive K dialup Optical Mouse Keyboard quot CRT nbsp

A:Solved: Black Screen of Death with Cursor after chkdsk, can boot into safe mode

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-black-screen-of-death-with-cursor-after-chkdsk-can-boot-into-safe-mode.999744/
Relevancy 88.15%

Hi thanks startup, death Black at Solved: all blue with began screen screen a of for checking Solved: Black screen of death at startup, all began with a blue screen my question I haven t found an answer to my particular situation Dell xps m laptop w vista It all started with a blue screen w scrolling text after the fated restart The blue screen text said quot if this is the first time you ve seen this message quot and then comp restarted again showing the blue screen then restarted into windows repair mode after repair mode tried to fix Solved: Black screen of death at startup, all began with a blue screen the problem comp restarted then the screen went black blank right after the little windows loading animation where the bar keeps moving from left to right and there s a small windows logo It all happened fast so there may have been steps I forgot but that s the jist of it Now screen always goes black blank during startup after the windows loading animation so I can t start windows in normal mode I can start in safe mode if I manually force shutdown by holding the power button so I m not imploding with fear ok I am Possible causes This occured right after installing vista updates that restart was when I saw the blue screen Also occured the restart after running a patch called quot Vista TCP IP and UAC AutoPatch quot I downloaded it from softpedia the developer was listed as defcon and their website listed was securevista net but the site is down I found this out after the problem occured The patch had lots of positive reviews and lots of people on other sites also suggest using it to remove the limit of tcp connections which windows unnecessarily imposes Removing the limit supposedly increases P P filesharing speeds so it s a common approach to slow utorrent problems etc to patch the tcp sys file I have since quot unpatched quot it using the unpatch file which came with it but I m suspicious of the software developer now The patch originally disabled UAC user account control which is suspicious to me but I m not highly tech savy so I dunno if that s common or not I did also remove mcafee s security center I was busy I guess that was a mistake should always restart after each big change I apologize for the complication this creates in identifying the problem It s possible I did something else before the fatal restart if none of these three could be the culprit then I ll think harder about what that could be but for now these changes stand out in my mind I m assuming that windows repair mode s changes didn t cause this problem but I don t have any factual reason to believe that What could this be What can I do Thank you p s This is the last time I ever install software from a company that doesn t have an active website even if this wasn t the problem s cause nbsp

A:Solved: Black screen of death at startup, all began with a blue screen

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-black-screen-of-death-at-startup-all-began-with-a-blue-screen.804669/
Relevancy 87.72%

Hello everyone I have a Toshiba Satellite L D- X computer for the kids and for the Death/Blue of Screen Death Black Screen of price it's a Black Screen of Death/Blue Screen of Death good laptop Have had no issues with it until two weeks ago when the screen froze for the boys whilst playing a Black Screen of Death/Blue Screen of Death game and downloading a program from the net Had to do a force shutdown and since then we have a BSoD on every boot-up This is what we have tried On 'Starting Windows' we are given an option of either 'Launch Startup Repair' which ends up as BSoD or 'Start Windows Normally' which reverts back to the 'Starting Windows' option list Any attempt to enter 'Safe Mode' results in BSoD Attempting to boot an ISO of the Windows Recovery Disk on a USB key we did highlight it and promote it to the top results in BSoD Borrowing a proper Window installation DVD and highlighting this as an option results in BSoD In fact the only option we used that threw up something different was using advanced boot options On one of these options we got the Blue Screen of Death with the following information Unmountable Boot Volume Disable Bios Memory Options such as caching shadowing Tech info Stop x ED xFFFFFA C CDO xFFFFFFFFC x x I don't mind erasing the hard drive and starting again there's nothing on it that's critical I'd very very much appreciate a steer on this Checked the web for stuff and nothing seems to assist in any other options I am not particularly tech literate but can follow instructions Thanks in advance PS I have not been able to access any option that allows me to either format the drive access DOS or any other options that allows me to try any of the rational things you've set up in your sticky I'm in Dublin Ireland in case you're wondering about the timeline

A:Black Screen of Death/Blue Screen of Death

Hi, malbekh; and welcome to the forum. Please read these threads and post back. We will be glad to help you.

[1 - Novice] How to ask for help with a BSOD problem

http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-debugging/96879-blue-screen-death-bsod-posting-instructions.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/118570-black-screen-death-blue-screen-death.html
Relevancy 87.29%

Hi been tying to solve BlackSOD for awhile now can be very in frequent problem then at other times I will get a Death Screen Gaming of of Screen or Black Black Death lots of Blacksod all at once PC will fail most of the day for days on end Then Balcksod stops for while like right NOW Today PC booted no problems able to post Last night PC would not work at all for hours PC was going into a BlackSOD when staring Windows or Black Screen of Death or Black Gaming Screen of Death soon after Black Screen of Death or Black Gaming Screen of Death desktop appears Here are my specs All compents where bought in at PC Black Screen of Death or Black Gaming Screen of Death D I Y store PC D I Y then built the PC not me OS win bit Home premium purchased at PC D I Y install by PC D I Y on the or thereabouts reading off invoice AGE OF SYSTEM HARDWARE All components where new when built on the or thereabouts AGE of OS OS has not been re-installed since it was first installed but have re-installed from a backup approx ONCE to try and stop BlackSOD which started sometime in FEB March CPU Intel Hz GTs QPI M CACHE LGA GPU ATI using ATI version using older driver as driver Blacksod still happened Motherboard ASUS Sabertooth-X LGA DDR SATA UBS RAID RMGS- GBRM PSU PWCO-HX- Corsair HX- ATX Modular PSU mmFAn Plus sliver CASE Antec Two Black ATX Tower Case lots of fans System manufacturer Exact mode number

A:Black Screen of Death or Black Gaming Screen of Death

Hello,

How are the temps and voltage readings? If the PC is currently overclocked please reset back to defaults for testing purposes

Boot into the BIOS and post the temp and voltage readings. Usually Under Hardware Monitor,PC Health Status, or similar.

Once you have this info Install HWMonitor and take a screenshot of the program at idle and under load.

There could be a possible problem with the processor that could be caused by heat or voltage, or a bad CPU.

Download and install Prime95 (if you don't already have it installed) and perform the test
-Open Prime95 and choose Just stress testing
-Run each test (Small FFTs, In-place large FFTs, and Blend) for a few hours each to see if there are any errors produced or critical temps reached.

Code:
===============================================================================
Common Platform Error Record @ fffffa8008925038
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Record Id : 01ce475c64645785
Severity : Fatal (1)
Length : 928
Creator : Microsoft
Notify Type : Machine Check Exception
Timestamp : 5/2/2013 17:42:27 (UTC)
Flags : 0x00000002 PreviousError

Section 0 : Processor Generic
Descriptor @ fffffa80089250b8
Section @ fffffa8008925190
Offset : 344
Length : 192
Flags : 0x00000001 Primary
Severity : Fatal

Proc. Type : x86/x64
Instr. Set : x64
Error Type : Micro-Architectural Error
Flags : 0x00
CPU Version : 0x00000000000106a5
Processor ID : 0x0000000000000000

Section 1 : x86/x64 Processor Specific
Descriptor @ fffffa8008925100
Section @ fffffa8008925250
Offset : 536
Length : 128
Flags : 0x00000000

Local APIC Id : 0x0000000000000000
CPU Id : a5 06 01 00 00 08 10 00 - bd e3 98 00 ff fb eb bf
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 - 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00
00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 - 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00

Proc. Info 0 @ fffffa8008925250

Section 2 : x86/x64 MCA
Descriptor @ fffffa8008925148
Section @ fffffa80089252d0
Offset : 664
Length : 264
Flags : 0x00000000

Error : Internal timer (Proc 0 Bank 5)
Address : 0x00003880068fac3b
Misc. : 0x0000000000007fff

Code:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7601 (Service Pack 1) MP (8 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS Personal
Built by: 7601.18113.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.130318-1533
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`0365f000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`038a2670
Debug session time: Thu May 2 13:42:27.610 2013 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:00:10.687
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Mini Kernel Dump does not contain unloaded driver list
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck 124, {0, fffffa800... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/black-screen-of-death-or-black-gaming-screen-of-death-694542.html
Relevancy 87.29%

Hi My first time I had this Gaming or of Death Black Screen Death of Screen Black BlackSOD problem was while playing BF a few months ago one day all good next BlackSOD the only way out was a reboot as keyboard and mouse where non- responsive The only thing I had done was install an ATI beta driver I got rid of it and went for the normal one ATI driver Since then I have come to suspect the drivers for ATI now using non Beta tried ATI ones still got the BlackSOD amp Razer deathadder when I was using the Synapse version I'm now using the legacy DeathAdder driver v Eng instead Still getting BlackSOD But since I'm Black Screen of Death or Black Gaming Screen of Death here posting I would like know how to stop the BlackSOD as would half the planet At this time my PC has been Black Screen of Death or Black Gaming Screen of Death running for hours Black Screen of Death or Black Gaming Screen of Death will out any problems using the ATI but last week when I was using the ATI drivers it took attempts of trying to get the PC to stay ON As of the PC boots up with out any problems Until of course I run anything like a GAME Then I can be certain a BlackSOD will happen at some point like a few nights ago while playing BF for a few hours BlackSOD in the middle of a game The BF gamers nightmare I tried to do an Up-grade using my Win home that is keep all my stuff and let window re-install itself but the Windows Compatibility Report comes but BLANK only saying quot An error prevented a required compliance check from completing Cancel the installation and try upgrading again quot A clean install is something I don't want to do as yet but that seem to be the path unless there a FIX Things I have noticed Black screen lol Synapse after using their update button my mouse had a bar not a pointer Got rid of Synapse long beep followed by short one Only heard it once yep it's the graphics card but here I'm posting so it may not be this only happens sometimes when tying to re-install the ATI driver software NEVER when the PC starts amp then goes into a BlackSOD I get one beep saying ok then BlackSOD after I have logged in and start moving my mouse around and doing stuff OR BlackSOD within seconds before I get to log in Plugging in my Razer usb headphones only sometimes the PC beeps soon after BlackSOD USB confilcts maybe Update have move USB stuff around to different ports Strange Audio garble sometimes after the BSOD happens Using the sabertooth On board RealTek Have not installed the ATI HDMI audio Fixes so far After the BF BSOD a few months back I used a back up Paragon Software Backup and Recovery Free to re-install System was stable for a while but updating ATI dirvers and Razer brought the BlackSOD back The Paragon backup is oldish so saving the important data now using Genie Time line pro Now using Atiman Uninstaller to remove and then re-install ATI Before I followed net directions deleting all by hand Auslogics BoostSpeed to clean and do what it does Plus CC cleaner run SFC scannow only got to can't fix errors which I suspect is the reason for the Compatibility Report amp upgrade won't work stuff that's missing is jpegs from window screensaver I guess given what in the CBS log plus desktop ini post here Ps I don't suspect malware as i have all the goodies to keep me safe plus I don't go near weird sites unless Gaming and Nasa is weird Any help would be good cheers Update Have install Afterburner to controls fans and last night after two hours of planetside system had another BlackSOD inside the zip are files from system events logs from last night This is the first time that the system has recorded anything to events expect to say quot system was shutdown unexpectedly quot which is me doing a hard reboot So progress Have all the tools and have set the dump files ran Driver Verifier didn't get a BlueSOD dump file no idea why Here are the two Error codes generated by Driver Verifier copied form the BlueSOD x c x e xfffff af c x Driver Verifier set... Read more

A:Black Screen of Death or Black Gaming Screen of Death

First things first update your BIOS it is very old:

Code:
BIOS Version: American Megatrends Inc. 1304 , 2/08/2011
Next uninstall the following it is likely doing more harm than good:

Code:
Start Menu\Programs\Wise Care 365
Start Menu\Programs\Wise Disk Cleaner Free
Start Menu\Programs\Wise Registry Cleaner Free
Start Menu\Programs\Wrye Bash
Next run some hardware tests the errors you are getting indicate possible hardware failure / defects:
Furmark will stress test your GPU
FurMark: VGA Stress Test, Graphics Card and GPU Stability Test, Burn-in Test, OpenGL Benchmark and GPU Temperature | oZone3D.Net

Quote:
FurMark Setup:
- If you have more than one GPU, select Multi-GPU during setup
- In the Run mode box, select "Stability Test" and "Log GPU Temperature" (BurnIn test in newer versions).
Click "Go" to start the test
- Run the test until the GPU temperature maxes out - or until you start having problems (whichever comes first).
- Click "Quit" to exit

Also report the temperatures of your GPU at idle, and when it maxes out during the stress test
Next run prime95 this will stress test your ram/CPU:
http://www.mersenne.org/freesoft/

Quote:
Prime95 Setup:
- extract the contents of the zip file to a location of your choice
- double click on the executable file
- select "Just stress testing"
- select the "Blend" test. If you've already run MemTest overnight you may want to run the "Small FFTs" test instead.
- "Number of torture test threads to run" should equal the number of CPU's times 2 (if you're using hyperthreading).
The easiest way to figure this out is to go to Task Manager...Performance tab - and see the number of boxes under CPU Usage History
Then run the test for 6 to 24 hours - or until you get errors (whichever comes first).
The Test selection box and the stress.txt file describes what components that the program stresses.

Again report your temperatures at idle and under load.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/288642-black-screen-death-black-gaming-screen-death.html
Relevancy 86.86%

I am running windows 7 Ultimate 32 bit and facing with a big problem,I suppose.
-Black screen sometimes appears after windows is starting(after this)
-Blue screen of death always appears when I am trying to connect for more than 7/8/9/10 times on some of wireless networks,and very rarely appears when I'm playing a game or doing something on the internet.
-Some programs freeze sometimes such as Firefox,DivX Player,Winamp...
Please help me guys!

Relevancy 86.86%

So for the past 2 weeks I've been crashing none stop usually after playing game for about an hour or just browsing or watching a movie, its a mixture of Page fault in none page area, Memory management, IRQL not less or equal, among others. I don't know whats causing the crashes or any help would be greatly appreciated. i had this laptop for since early december 2009.

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: AMD Turion(tm) II Dual-Core Mobile M500, AMD64 Family 16 Model 6 Stepping 2
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3836 Mb
Graphics Card: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4200 Series, 320 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 291444 MB, Free - 24376 MB; D: Total - 13495 MB, Free - 2249 MB; F: Total - 99 MB, Free - 95 MB;
Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard, 3642
Antivirus: Norton Internet Security, Disabled

A:Blue screen of death, Freezing, and black screen

Have you installed anything lately? There could be some program or service doing something that isn't needed.
How's the case temperature? Perhaps it's running too hot.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/blue-screen-of-death-freezing-and-black-screen.1047034/
Relevancy 86.86%

I've having an issue that I think some ppl had, windows 8 crashing going to blue screen of death or blank black screen and then it restarts by itself, also I have noticed that it says repairing disk in D:/

I have one SSD 120gb in the C:/ which it host the operating system and some minnor programs, in a HDD which is my D:/ drive there I have my games.

ASRock 990FX Extreme 9
AMD FX 8350
Kingston Hyper X 120GB SSD
WD black 500GB HDGB HDD
Corsair Vengeance 8gb Ram 2133Hz
Windows 8

Thanks for the time, if more info is needed I willl gather it and post it

A:How do I fix windows blue screen of death and black screen

Update, seems that some tweaking did fix the problem, go to search and type power, in the left click on the one that says change what power buttons do, then uncheck the box that it says turn on fast startup (recomended) then save changes and a restart and youre done -at least for me it worked-

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/47630-how-do-i-fix-windows-blue-screen-death-black-screen.html
Relevancy 86.86%

Hello

I have a computer running Windows 7. Last night the computer was running fine. This morning when I turn it on, i get a black screen. To fix the problem I conducted a system restore. After it finished restoring, the computer restarts and everything worked fine. To make sure if everything was in working order, I restart it again. After the "Starting Windows" screens comes up, I get the Blue Screen of Death. I can't even read what the error says because the computer just restarts itself. I did not connect anything new to the computer. I performed a hardware diagnostics to see if it was a hardware failure but no error was found. I can't even get into safe mode. The SFC.exe will be my next step.

A:Windows 7 Black Screen then Blue Screen of Death

The SFC.exe did not work either.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/windows-7-black-screen-then-blue-screen-of-death-655425.html
Relevancy 86.86%

Problem When booting the then black Motherboard - =( screen death screen splash of computer after the motherboard splash screen the screen turns black and nothing happens Everything is still on and the fans are running PC Spec's Motherboard Asus M A -E SAM ATX Processor AMD Athlon II X GHz MB W AM RAM Corsair GB DDR MHz Cl XMS - Graphics x Crossfired XFX PCIe HD MB Power supply Corsair VX W HDD Windows installed HD GB Samsung SP SATA- RPM Spinpoint F HDD GB storage DVD DVD RW Samsung X DL This PC has been in use for approximately a year Facts When I turn the power on all fans start running like they normally do Using the ASUS Express Gate splashtop that launches before the motherboard splash screen I'm able to browse all my files on both harddrives Pressing DELETE at the motherboard splash screen takes me to the Bios Setup Utility which I can navigate At the Bios Setup Utility it says that the Primary IDE Master and Primary IDE Motherboard splash screen - then black screen of death =( Slave are quot Not Detected quot Not sure if this is significant According to the Bios Setup Utility it should attempt to boot from the correct HDD Trying to boot from the second HDD yields the same results Pressing TAB at the motherboard splash screen to view BIOS POST Message only leads to the same black screen Switching the monitor made no difference The monitor can't find a signal from any other ports I'm at my wit's end I do not understand what's causing this I've recently bought a new monitor but switching back to the old one made no difference I've installed a bunch of Steam games and updated Sims but other than that I've done no major changes to the system in the past few days I've been able to shut down and start the computer without issues until this morning when this happened I really don't know what to do Can anyone help me I'd be eternally grateful for any and all help I can get

A:Motherboard splash screen - then black screen of death =(

I went into the Bios Setup Utility and reset to factory defaults. I then changed the boot order so that I would boot from DVD before HDD. For some reason this did it. It now works. Maybe it just needed time to rest? Because this hardly sounds like the solution to my problem.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/motherboard-splash-screen-then-black-screen-of-death-539407.html
Relevancy 86.43%

Hi Everyone As the title says about i have a Dell Vostro and im running Windows with a bit It is only years only It started about a month ago I was on my laptop viewing and Black screen. Vostro login screen Dell reach Wont 1520. deleting some unwanted photos i had A few minutes later Dell Vostro 1520. Black screen. Wont reach login screen i realized that i deleted a photo that i wanted So i went to the recycling bin and restored that photo When i went back to my photos and went into the album it said something like i do no have permission to access this folder Please press continue to get full permission I clicked continue and i got the access i should have Now i tried many more random folders and the same Dell Vostro 1520. Black screen. Wont reach login screen thing happened Also when i came Dell Vostro 1520. Black screen. Wont reach login screen out of the folders the folders had a big pad lock sign on the front of it After that i shut down the laptop and went to turn it back on The laptop will power on like normal I can press f for the boot options which i have already tried many times I also tried it in safe mode and what-not but still nothing I can hear the fan and stuff spinning up like normal I have also put and CD into the CD ROM and that spins up fine So after the Dell logo on the screen it goes black and stays that way with the cursor You can move the cursor around no problem I should also add that the battery light is and has been flashing for a good wile Its flashing orange and blue I m wondering if this has anything to do with the battery Because my laptop will not charge with the AC adapter in it for many months now It will only stay powered on with the AC adapter plugged in One more thing The LED lights over the buttons None of the are flashing besides one on the far left And i cant find out anywhere what this LED light stands for It looks like a battery to me Any advice would be so great The way it is now i don t care about the laptop I really want to hope i can save my pictures and videos i have on there nbsp

A:Dell Vostro 1520. Black screen. Wont reach login screen

Since its a laptop the harddrive is easy to pull out and remove.If you have or can get a usb sata/ide connector hook the drive to that and then to another computer if you have one so you can save all of your important data like pix, music, etc.The laptop battery is going to have to be replaced since its no longer charging properly.It sounds like there might be a short somewhere or a power supply problem along with a bad battery.Or possibly something might be wrong with the screen or video or graphics card.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/dell-vostro-1520-black-screen-wont-reach-login-screen.1031342/
Relevancy 86.43%

Hey everyone I did a bit of research and this seems to have been an issue for a while or has been in the past Was upgrading to windows I first had to restart my pc cause it was initially stuck on that preparing to install problem with the green bar being stuck around It then got through that and began the installation process with the big circle and rebooting process However around when I last looked at it it was just black screen this stayed this way for about - hours I then decided to reboot the pc and it has now booted to the login screen Is this a known (no screen just Black Screen to blank) but cursor of Doom Booted login bug or could there be a possible issue The problem seems a bit different Black Screen of Doom but Booted to login screen (no cursor just blank) as some people I saw have had to fall back on PC restore points etc So not sure if it installed or what could be the problem Also side note I upgraded my pc when windows first publically released but rolled back because I had about min shutdown times So not sure what is Black Screen of Doom but Booted to login screen (no cursor just blank) going on and any info would be greatly appreciated Thanks

A:Black Screen of Doom but Booted to login screen (no cursor just blank)

I never had a problem upgrading like you've experienced but I experiencing Windows 10 upgrading process is the longest time taken ever compared to previous versions. It took me 1 hour+ to finished.

Play around a little bit to get used to it then did a clean install. No problem arise, seems working fine.

The point is, problems always happen after upgrading, to solve it just perform installation from scratch (clean install).

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/37857-black-screen-doom-but-booted-login-screen-no-cursor-just-blank.html
Relevancy 86.43%

Hi I have an office desktop pc HP COMPAQ ELITE running -bit Windows I was manually running Windows update and manually updating some of my drivers when the pc suddenly turned itself off I turned it back on and now it doesn't get to the login screen anymore It just displays screen mouse movable cursor with Black appears screen login before a Black screen with movable mouse cursor before login screen appears black screen with a movable mouse cursor although I can't really click anything or even press any keys on the keyboard I tried loading into the recovery environment but it only gives me the option to restore my hard drive to factory settings which I don't want since I have lots of important files in it I've searched around the forums but I can't find a problem that is EXACTLY like mine By the way my pc is on a dual boot mode with an Ubuntu and that is how I'm able to access this forum right now The dual boot was set-up by the employee that I replaced so I have no idea how this is set-up Any help would be appreciated -Ron

A:Black screen with movable mouse cursor before login screen appears

Firstly, boot into the Linux operating system, and then create a backup of all important files and data.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/300316-black-screen-movable-mouse-cursor-before-login-screen-appears.html
Relevancy 86.43%

Hello originally my problem is that my internet browsers Internet explorer firefox can not display any kind of pages because of some kind of virus Also I had some kind of fake Microsoft Security Essentials MSE asking me to download more fake AV s onto my computer but I knew well enough that it was fake so I close it This also shows up in safe mode MSE block me from opening things such as iexplorer exe or sometimes it would say tskmanager is a virus and it wouldn t let me open anything So eventually I google this up and I read somewhere that told me to rename hotfix exe to hotfix exe when I run APPDATA so the annoying MSE would stop showing up It also told screen blue screen after KillGodzilla.exe login black Computer using displays me to update my Malwarebyte which I still can not do because I still do not have access to the Computer blue login screen displays black screen after using KillGodzilla.exe internet By Computer blue login screen displays black screen after using KillGodzilla.exe the way I am using another computer to type this So again I tried to do some more research to fix my internet problem and I found this site that told me to download KillGodzilla exe and run it and reboot my computer after that I should update my Malwarebyte but of course I can t do that because after the WINDOWS loading screen the blue log in screen doesn t show and displays a black screen which flickers sometimes after a few minutes it would restart my computer Also same thing for safe mode Does anyone know what is going on Did I screw up my computer to badly Do I need to reset my BIOS I am using Windows XP if that helps I also hav ESET smart security on my computer but I can t even open my computer right now Help is appreciated thanks

A:Computer blue login screen displays black screen after using KillGodzilla.exe

Anyone have any ideas at all? I waited a few days, and gave as much information as possible already, please?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/352162/computer-blue-login-screen-displays-black-screen-after-using-killgodzillaexe/
Relevancy 86%

Hi people, i've just registered to this forum to ask you about this, Since i've made a registry defrag with TuneUp Utilities (which probably has gone wrong), when i reset the computer, and I logon to my user, it shows a black screen, then back at the logon screen. If I do it again, the user doesn't show up anymore!
It happened three times already, i had to make new users, and i'm sick of it. Any ideas of what could it be?

A:Black screen after login for some seconds, then back at logon screen!

Welcome!

Yet another case of registry defraggers causing harm. In the future, you know now to stay far away from them.

I suggest a system restore to get to a point before TuneUp utilities. If that doesn't work, it will be time for a repair install.

Good luck!

~JK

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/98727-black-screen-after-login-some-seconds-then-back-logon-screen.html
Relevancy 86%

Hi,

I updated my ATI HD 5770 drivers today, and rebooted. Afterwards, the login screen sound played, but nothing was visible.

I booted into safe mode and deleted the video drivers and attempted to install some working ones - the same issue occured (Windows Update).

Can anyone give me a hand in finding the correct drivers to install?

Windows 7 HP 64 Bit
ATI Radeon HD 5770

Cheers :)

A:Video card drivers - black screen on login screen

Resolved. I was a retard and didn't realize it was showing the desktop on my TV which was on a different display.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/video-card-drivers-black-screen-on-login-screen-676105.html
Relevancy 86%

Hey need some help yet again Yesterday I downloaded Mission Against Terror New MMOFPS and I downloaded it Upon updating with the patcher my laptop went haywire It started opening up random IE windows slow speed etc etc I did a whole memory scan and a malware adware spyware scan There were several viruses and whatnot but Login screen and BEFORE Screen 7 Windows Black logo/loading! AFTER what is important are the files SVC exe and exe you'll find it why later on The anti-virus said that it had fixed deleted everything So I restarted my laptop hoping that I'd get it up and running in safe mode for any further scans Unfortunately when I restarted it after the windows loading screen which is right before login screen a black screen appeared With nothing at all Not even a cursor BLACK JUST BLACK with NO keyboard access mouse access But that's expected since it's BEFORE the login screen It's the same with normal boot boot that does that quot last best used option quot or whatever safe mode with networking etc etc All the same Black screen Good thing I had Black Screen BEFORE Login screen and AFTER Windows 7 logo/loading! WIN XP on my other hard drive So I booted up into WIN XP where I'm posting this from and did a FULL NOT QUICK system scan to find the SAME Viruses YET AGAIN SVC exe and exe along with some other minor tracking cookies and what-not Win XP on second drive is also having a few problems like IE shutting down every second using firefox now Think this is a whole system prob But why Didn't the antivirus-es fix it I say quot es quot because I used SuperAntiSpyware Norton NOD Malware Bytes and AVG I've tried the system recovery thing F thing on boot screen NOT ON LOGIN SCREEN Remember I can't reach that but that doesn't work either So any suggestions Btw The windows PRO bit that's corrupted not starting is on C and Win XP is on D Attached is a log of my most recent scans Thanks in advance

A:Black Screen BEFORE Login screen and AFTER Windows 7 logo/loading!

Hi your problem can best be addressed in the security section of the forum
http://www.techsupportforum.com/secu...oval-help.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/black-screen-before-login-screen-and-after-windows-7-logo-loading-516244.html
Relevancy 86%

Hi I would really appreciate any advice i've been trying to fix for four hours without any luck.

I have an Acer aspire 5732Z. I turn my laptop on and it shows the starting windows screen then just goes to a black screen with a cursor. I tried to do systems restore but it said that i did not have a system restore point. I cannot start in any safe mode.

I have all my pictures, uni work etc and im terrified i've lost it all. I've only had the laptop a year.

Any suggestion would be amazing

Thank you

A:Black screen after windows start up doesn't go to login screen

Hello seven11 and welcome to SevenForums!

I think this article will be fairly interesting to read.

Why is my screen black when I start Windows 7?

Carry on.
Frederik

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/196945-black-screen-after-windows-start-up-doesnt-go-login-screen.html
Relevancy 85.14%

Hi all,

this is my very first forum post here, few people have recommended this site as a best W7 community on the internet.

I have problem with black screen(lag) between windows starting message and login screen, lag is about 10 seconds and its very annoying, here is the video so you can see the problem:

maybe this is normal? i have this install almost two years, i dont have to much programs, and i disabled almost all useless startup programs. I tried also disabling bootscan in my NOD32 antivirus but nothing changed.

Is there any solution for this? and can i post to you some logs or something?

Best regards

A:Black screen between Windows starting and login screen

It is Dell's factory install? Usually it is bloated up with some services and programs those are not needed. So you need to clean them up. Follow this guide:
Clean Up Factory Bloatware

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/289689-black-screen-between-windows-starting-login-screen.html
Relevancy 85.14%

Alright today I hibernated my computer I usually hibernate left it for an hour and attempted to turn it back on now it loads fine but once it gets to the point where it should display the vista logo and then the log in screen the screen goes blank The hard Screen turns black screen login reaching before the disk light is blinking fast so fast it's almost just staying on and the wireless does its blinking patterns as Screen turns black before reaching the login screen if it's redying the wireless connection but the screen remains black I've tried safe mode same result Two screens same result I booted Ubuntu and it was fine so I'm using that now First of all any insight into how I should go about fixing this If not I have extremely important files on the hard drive is there any way you could recommend getting them back Thanks for any help I'd hate to have to take it in Screen turns black before reaching the login screen and risk the guys at the store deciding it's easier just to wipe the hard drive or something

A:Screen turns black before reaching the login screen

Are you using a Ubuntu Live CD, or are you dual booting?
If you're dual booting, you can access your ntfs partition from Ubuntu using steps listed on many many web sites: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q...earch&aq=f&oq=
Some are easier than others.

As for fixing your Vista. I have reservations because in some of my steps Vista has this nasty habit of overwriting the master boot record with its own without warning you (making you unable to boot into ubuntu if you dual boot), so research some more, and proceed with caution. If you boot into the Vista DVD, I think you can click repair, and you have a bunch of options and it looks like this:
http://neosmart.net/wiki/download/at...eryOptions.png
I haven't tried them in a while so I can't really recall what each does.
You can try going back using a restore point. Be VERY cautious with "Startup Repair". I think that's the one that rewrites the master boot record. (if you really need to try it, research how you can backup the master boot record in ubuntu, then restore it if needed - usually a flash drive, a floppy, or a bootable CD may be needed - you most likely would be able to do it from the live cd if you know the steps though).
And if all else fails, do a repair install. Can't recall how it's done, but there are many sites dedicated to that topic. You can also ask around the forum about it.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f217/screen-turns-black-before-reaching-the-login-screen-319746.html
Relevancy 85.14%

Apologies if this is in the wrong section I have a Dell Inspiron and the owner said that his son installed BearShare and it's been giving him complications He told me it sometimes freezes when he tries to start the computer and has to give it a hard shut down I hopefully removed BearShare with Malwarebytes and MSE yet I can't seem to find why it's not letting me boot up regularly It boots into safe mode fine and I can access everything from there but when I try to restart into regular mode it Black active screen, cursor before screen. login just hangs after 'Starting Windows' with a black screen and active mouse cursor I've tried various tutorials from searching quot black screen active cursor quot quot laptop frozen after starting windows quot etc but nothing that I try works After a few hours of research I keep seeing the reoccurring phrase 'shell' I believe it's not being loaded correctly or at all I've tried a fix by Prevx that said it would fix the black screen to no avail But here's the funny part Sometimes it boots to Windows fine and everything acts as it should There's been several times I was about to call the guy and tell him that the laptop is finished but I hesitated and restarted just to see if it was fully fixed Vid Dell - YouTube Let me know if I need to post further information -Dustin

A:Black screen, cursor active before login screen.

I would try some more scans to be sure
Anti-rootkit utility TDSSKiller
Windows Defender Offline
run some hardware tests
RAM - Test with Memtest86+
and when you can get it to boot
Disk Check
a system file check
SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker
and have a look through these handy tutorials
Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Boot
Startup Repair
and if all else fails
Repair Install

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/271206-black-screen-cursor-active-before-login-screen.html
Relevancy 85.14%

I'm having a weird problem. My laptop will show a black screen when booting. It seems no matter how long I wait, nothing happens. When I attach an external LCD to the laptop, it shows the Windows load or Windows resume graphics on the external monitor, but not on my laptop screen. As soon as the Desktop Screen with the Windows Login appears, it then appears on my laptop as well.

I also can't seem to get to safe mode. I push f8 and it never comes up I haven't installed any new software or hardware to cause this.
Any thoughts?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-screen-is-black-until-windows-login-screen.560673/
Relevancy 85.14%

Hello I hope someone can help me out with my problem About the problem Yesterday I did a shutdown from the start menu and turned off my monitors however the computer did not shutdown and was still on after minutes so I just turned it off with the power button Today I started my computer it boots I get the instead Vista of boots black screen login to screen usual loading bar and then a black screen and not my welcome screen So I have tried the following to fix it I tried booting with last known configurations and got the same problem I tried booting in safe mode it loads for about minutes and then just stops loading I tested the memory with a memory test from Acer no Vista boots to black screen instead of login screen problems found I tried booting with a lower resolution get the same problem Just to see if its not a hardware problem I have booted a linux live cd and that worked I have an acer recovery menu but it wont let me recover to a previous point And I don't have a vista CD or recovery disk I think it was updating when I shut it down So i hope anyone has a solution for my problem if you need more information please ask and I'll answer Many thanks for reading and maby even replying to my problem Greets NiJor EDIT Somehow after waiting an hour doing nothing then rebooting into safemode worked There i could do a system restore and problem is solved

A:Vista boots to black screen instead of login screen

See if there is information on that PC on making recovery disks. I just used 2 dual layer DVD's to make recovery disks for a Compaq laptop.

Also, next time your machine boots to a completely black screen....let it stay there while it re-configures it's self. Don't be so impatient

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/193975/vista-boots-to-black-screen-instead-of-login-screen/
Relevancy 85.14%

Background A start won't black up, before login screen Vista screen. week ago on vacation I opened my HP Pavilion dv - cl a laptop Vista won't start up, black screen before login screen. running Vista Home Premium SP and suddenly green and black lines began forming Vista won't start up, black screen before login screen. across its screen I was later told this was a pressure crack although that is not what I m posting about Freaked out that day I turned the computer off and on several times using only the power button once foolishly interrupting a quot Startup Repair quot process Problem When I got home I hooked up the laptop to my TV so I could see what was going on After attempting to turn it on many times I eventually got the BSOD with a STOP x c f error I couldn t access the Recovery Module even to backup or Safe Mode Going into personally uncharted territory I booted from a Linux System Rescue CD to delete the TxfLog file that was apparently the cause of the problem I no longer get the BSOD I get a black screen KSOD sometimes w mouse sometimes w o after the quot yellow bar quot loading screen I still can t get into Safe Mode but I was able to use a Vista repair CD I downloaded to finally backup onto an external hard drive What I ve Done So Far I ve run chkdsk checked the memory and hard disk from BIOS options and run Startup repair I did the kind of Windows backup where everything goes to one file I d prefer not to start from scratch if I can avoid it Thanks so much for any and all help guys I appreciate it a lot Charlie

A:Vista won't start up, black screen before login screen.

I couldn't access the Recovery Module...Do you have a Recovery CD, Windows Vista CD, or Recovery Drive (partition)?What happened when you tried to access it?------------------------------------------------------------You said that you were able to backup onto an external harddrive, so important data is safe.The best option right now would probably be to re-format.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/413304/vista-wont-start-up-black-screen-before-login-screen/
Relevancy 85.14%

Hi People I have been a member of this forum and most often I have found a solution by just searching but today I have a problem which I have not been able to find a solution for therefore I am listing my problem I have Windows installed on a desktop since months now it was working fine till yesterday evening but don't know what happened it was loading windows Basically what is happening is that it is booting fine then the windows logo comes and after that of Screen instead Black Screen Login Mouse Pointer with I get a black screen with mouse cursor whereas it was supposed Black Screen with Mouse Pointer instead of Login Screen to have the login screen Now I had this same problem months back with the same computer but then I was unable to solve it using the MBR repair commands and so I formatted the drive C of my computer then Now I am determined not to format the DRIVE C so Black Screen with Mouse Pointer instead of Login Screen I went to the command prompt using system repair tools from the DVD and went into DISKPART When I selected disk which is the only disk installed and entered detail disk this is what I got Disk ID SOmething Type ATA Status Online PAth Target LUN ID Location Path Something Current Readonly State No Read Only No Boot Disk No Pagefile Disk No Hibernation File Disk No Crash Dump Disk No Clustered Disk No ----------------------------------------------------------------------------- Volume Ltr Label FS Type Size Status Volume C System Rese NTFS Partition MB Healthy Volume D NTFS Partition GB Healthy Volume E NTFS Partition GB Healthy Volume F NTFS Partition GB Healthy Now I found that the system reserved partition has somehow claimed Drive Letter C after maybe a power failure Now I think the problem would be solved if I could somehow remove C letter from the System Reserved partition and assign it back to Volume I later on checked on the recovery files that in my computer the DRIVE C is the actual system reserved partition which is supposed to be hidden and DRIVE D is the one which holds the actual windows installation I have also the information on VOLUME when I selected DISK and then selected VOLUME and entered detail volume I got the following result Readonly No Hidden No No Default Drive letter No Shadow Copy No Offline No Bitlocker Encrypted No Installable No Now I changed the attributes and to Yes think it would solve my problem but it didn't I would also like to know why this has happened I think this is due to power failure but why is the system reserved partition showing as C Please help I have tried to search and fix the MBR as well but to no avail I don't want to format my PC again I have managed to remove the drive letter of the system reserved partition and assign letter C to the D drive But then I got a message on rebooting BOOTMGR missing press CTRL ALT DEL Then again I have tried to repair the bootmgr by BOOTREC fixboot this removed the BOOTMGR missing error but got me back to where I started that is a BLACK screen after windows logo I am still not able to get the LOGIN SCREEN don't know why Please help

A:Black Screen with Mouse Pointer instead of Login Screen

Have you tried Startup Repair from the Win7 installation DVD?
Have you tried System Restore to a point in time before these errors occurred?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/110305-black-screen-mouse-pointer-instead-login-screen.html
Relevancy 85.14%

So I've hit this issue where I am welcomed with a black screen which is supposed to be my login screen It boots up but what would look like the login screen is simply black When moving the mouse the cursor would emerge whilst changing from pointing to loading cursor animations The wifi icon from the lock screen seems to flicker sometimes but that's pretty much it nothing could be done from my end I've tried resetting restoring from the advanced boot options triggered by constantly interrupting the bootup process but it's telling me it cannot be login Black Windows to prior screen 8.1 screen done since the location of the OS is not quot unlocked quot Safe mode with networking command prompt gives me the same result Unfortunately I do not have a system restore point nor a system image to use The command Windows 8.1 Black screen prior to login screen prompt from within the repair does not let me use sfc scannow too Brief history of what happened beforehand I installed the Uxtheme patcher to enable third-party themes then before rebooting installed an application called StartIsBack After rebooting it seemed fine and I changed my mind and decided to uninstall StartIsBack It turns out the aforementioned program brings a cavalry of bloatware before you could uninstall it After I got rid of the extra software it came with I proceeded to delete each part of StartIsBack from its respective directories but it wouldn't let me delete its core StartIsBack dll because it is running in the background There is no sign of it as well within the task manager So I had to boot to Safe mode to manually delete it and finally getting rid of it After rebooting normally the explorer exe didn't open upon start-up Opening it manually by launching it from the Task Manager doesn't work either so I decided to try and use SFC scannow to try and fix the problem It reported that it wasn't not able to fix some of the errors found and changes will take place after the next reboot After rebooting I am greeted with the black screen issue tl dr is there a possible solution to this without having to format my os partition and or installing a new one If I really have to is it possible to just delete C and perhaps install Windows over it My media files are in D

A:Windows 8.1 Black screen prior to login screen

Try this tutorial: Repair Install Windows 8

http://www.eightforums.com/general-support/64442-windows-8-1-black-screen-prior-login-screen.html
Relevancy 85.14%

Hello I was successfully using my PC for the entirety of this morning After bumping my desk the machine shut off as it sometimes does when a cable is loose When the machine restarted it allowed me to login and then showed me only a black screen and cursor Ctrl alt del was functional I tried system restore and system repair both of which completed but did not have any effect I was able to access Windows via safe mode I removed my GPU Upon Black Blue Login into Screen Evolved Screen and connected my monitor to my motherboard The situation did not change I attempted to boot without my main drive SSD by disconnecting it and turning the PC on Instead of a login screen I am now greeted by a flash of a BSOD before the system restarts After running a couple rounds of startup repair Windows has declared it cannot resolve the issue Any guidance will be warmly appreciated Thank you Edit after restarting once more my bios prompted for a Black Screen Upon Login Evolved into Blue Screen boot device and I was able to reach the login screen I am now back at my original black screen problem

A:Black Screen Upon Login Evolved into Blue Screen

Can you boot into Safe Mode at the moment? if so, follow this:

1. Download the DM Log Collector application to your desktop by clicking the link below

DM Log Collector.exe

2. Run it by double-clicking the icon on your desktop, and follow the prompts.
3. Locate the .ZIP file that is created on your desktop, and upload it here in your next reply.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/360512-black-screen-upon-login-evolved-into-blue-screen.html
Relevancy 85.14%

My son has a Toshiba Satelite P that he just upgraded from Windows XP Home Premium to Windows -bit After to screen after upgrade login/welcome 7 goes before screen System black Win 32-bit the upgrade completed the computer booted fine The within minutes he got the BSOD and the system rebooted Now he can t get Windows to fully start We ve tried all of the options from F with no success We have the Toshiba System Recovery Disk but it won t launch The Boot sequence has been changed to boot from CD DVD and then the Hard Drive The Memory Diagnostic from the Windows disk ran fine with no errors I m thinking I might need to re-format wipe the drive to start fresh but don t know where to obtain System goes to black screen before login/welcome screen after Win 7 32-bit upgrade a boot CD no floppy drive on this laptop Does anyone recommend a software that I can purchase to clear everything without destroying the CD DVD accessibility so I can then use the System Recovery Disk to put it back to the original factory Settings

A:System goes to black screen before login/welcome screen after Win 7 32-bit upgrade

Toshiba, usually pressing F12 when the Toshiba Logo appears will get you to the Boot device menu. If not then,
Go here https://www.csd.toshiba.com/cgi-bin/tais/support/jsp/pubLogin.jsp Choose the Download Tab, No Login required, That is for the Forums.

Download the user manual and see how to get to the boot from CD/DVD drive.

The Drivers tab will show the Toshiba drivers. They are needed for Windows 7, If no drivers for WIn7, Then don't, as getting all that are needed will be a royal pain.

I've even seen certain model of Toshiba that have a XP Bios and a different bios for Vista.

Good Luck
Roger

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/467252/system-goes-to-black-screen-before-loginwelcome-screen-after-win-7-32-bit-upgrade/
Relevancy 85.14%

Hey First I posted this in the Win section but someone suggested that I post it here since it involves malware a virus So BEFORE Black 2008.exe) Login Screen and screen! (SVC2.exe here's the post from over there Yesterday I downloaded Mission Against Terror New MMOFPS and I downloaded it Upon updating with the patcher my laptop went haywire It started opening up random IE windows slow speed etc Black Screen BEFORE Login screen! (SVC2.exe and 2008.exe) etc I did a whole memory scan and a malware adware spyware scan There were several viruses and whatnot but what Black Screen BEFORE Login screen! (SVC2.exe and 2008.exe) is important are the files SVC exe and exe you'll find it why later on The anti-virus said that it had fixed deleted everything So I restarted my laptop hoping that I'd get it up and running in safe mode for any further scans Unfortunately when I restarted it after the windows loading screen which is right before login screen a black screen appeared With nothing at all Not even a cursor BLACK JUST Black Screen BEFORE Login screen! (SVC2.exe and 2008.exe) BLACK with NO keyboard access mouse access But that's expected since it's BEFORE the login screen It's the same with normal boot boot that does that quot last best used option quot or whatever safe mode with networking etc etc All the same Black screen Good thing I had WIN XP on my other hard drive So I booted up into WIN XP where I'm posting this from and did a FULL NOT QUICK system scan to find the SAME Viruses YET AGAIN SVC exe and exe along with some other minor tracking cookies and what-not Win XP on second drive is also having a few problems like IE shutting down every second using firefox now Think this is a whole system prob But why Didn't the antivirus-es fix it I say quot es quot because I used SuperAntiSpyware Norton NOD Malware Bytes and AVG I've tried the system recovery thing F thing on boot screen NOT ON LOGIN SCREEN Remember I can't reach that but that doesn't work either So any suggestions Btw The windows PRO bit that's corrupted not starting is on C and Win XP is on D Currently I am doing the GMER Rootkit scan I will attach that whenever it finishes As for my install disc I'm currently downloading Windows Pro bit ISO from MSDNN which I will then burn onto a dvd when download is completed Thanks in advance Here is my DDS txt DDS Ver - - - NTFSx Run by Helo at on Wed Internet Explorer Microsoft Windows XP Professional GMT - Running Processes D WINDOWS system nvsvc exe D WINDOWS system svchost -k DcomLaunch svchost exe D WINDOWS System svchost exe -k netsvcs svchost exe svchost exe D WINDOWS system spoolsv exe D WINDOWS explorer exe D Program Files ClamWin bin ClamTray exe D Program Files SUPERAntiSpyware SUPERAntiSpyware exe D Program Files Prevx prevx exe D WINDOWS system svchost exe -k imgsvc D WINDOWS system wscntfy exe D Program Files Prevx prevx exe D WINDOWS System svchost exe -k HTTPFilter D Program Files MiPony MiPony exe D WINDOWS system wuauclt exe C Program Files gPotato AikaOnline AIKALauncher exe D Program Files Microsoft Search Enhancement Pack SeaPort SeaPort exe D WINDOWS Microsoft NET Framework v mscorsvw exe D Program Files Windows Live Messenger msnmsgr exe D Program Files Windows Live Contacts wlcomm exe D Program Files Mozilla Firefox firefox exe D Program Files Mozilla Firefox plugin-container exe D Documents and Settings Helo Desktop dds scr Pseudo HJT Report uStart Page hxxp www google ca BHO C C A-E - b - D - CECB - No File BHO SafeOnline BHO d - c- bd-b - e d ef - d windows system PxSecure dll BHO Search Helper ebf - f- bff-a f-b e aac b - d program files microsoft search enhancement pack search helper SearchHelper dll BHO Windows Live Sign-in Helper d - c - abf- ecc- c - d program files common files microsoft shared windows live WindowsLiveLogin dll BHO Windows Live Toolbar Helper e a dc - - a - ea-dc ec acf - d program files windows live toolbar wltcore dll TB amp Windows Live Toolbar fa ef- d- d - b f- a d - d program ... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f284/black-screen-before-login-screen-svc2-exe-and-2008-exe-516283.html
Relevancy 85.14%

Hello. Recently had a virus and have been going through the steps here on bleeping computer to help get rid of it. The last thing I was told to do was run the farbar scan tool and to copy and paste a code and hit fix. Upon doing so the computer prompted for a restart. It now won't get to the log in screen. I've tried booting in safe mode and I've also tried last known working configuration as suggested and nothing has worked unfortunately. I was told to come here. Hopefully something can be done. Thanks a ton.

A:Windows won't get to login screen, black screen and cursor

Tap F8 at boot and select Repair Computer from the Advanced Boot Options. Do a System Restore to a date just before the problem. 

You cannot do the above and if you have another Windows 7 computer create a System Repair Disk. Boot and try a System Restore to a date just before the problem.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/617825/windows-wont-get-to-login-screen-black-screen-and-cursor/
Relevancy 85.14%

At least 3 times today, I have gotten the Blue Screen of Death. I don't see anything on it that lists a problem. When computer starts up, it doesn't even get to the "Starting Windows" part, its just a black screen. I have looked and Googled and can't find any help with this problem. Has anyone had this happen to them? PLEASE HELP!

A:Blue Screen of Death Followed by Black Screen

Hello and welcome BeachGadog see this
Troubleshooting Windows 7 Failure to Boot

PS Some system specs would be helpful too mate
System Info - See Your System Specs

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/367341-blue-screen-death-followed-black-screen.html
Relevancy 85.14%

All of a sudden, I get the Blue Screen of Death, then when I restart computer the screen stays black, even though its running. Any help would really be appreciated.

A:Blue Screen of Death Then Black Screen

If you can get to the F8 screen, try last known good configuration option. If can't reach that screen, pretty soon regular BC techs will appear, follow their advice, you can't go wrong.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/573456/blue-screen-of-death-then-black-screen/
Relevancy 85.14%

Blue screen of death now just black screen...that features a blinking underscore icon....

The horror....the horror....

What have I done?

Anyone have any idea how to get my PC back running?

Cant run TSG Sysinfo obviously. The PC is running Windows XP 32 bit.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Relevancy 83.85%

This morning i installed the software for pinacale's usb tv tuner on my laptop. I was requried to reboot after the installation process completed. I got to the logon screen, logged in, and all i got was a black screen with a cursor, i then let the computer sit for 15 minutes my screen saver came on, but when i wiggled the mouse still only the curser so i hit ctrl+alt+del= nothing pressed the power button, agian nothing, pressed and help the power button for 6 seconds, the machine turned off, i let it sit for 30 seconds, turrned it back on and now it just goes straight to the black screen with a cursor. I have tried booting it in safe mode, safe mode with netwrork support, and safe mode with a command propmt all resulted in the same thing... black screen with a cursor, and after 15 minutes the screen saver comes on...............???????????????

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-with-cursor-before-login-screen.621080/
Relevancy 83.85%

I've got a problem with my Win install I recently bought a of instead screen + cursor screen login Black copy of Win Pro amp installed the -bit version as I intend to get more ram at some point fairly soon I installed it last weekend amp for a few days it's been running fine Then days ago when I start it up instead of Black screen + cursor instead of login screen a login screen all I have is a black screen with a cursor if I wait until the screensaver kicks in amp then move the mouse or press a key etc then I can see the login screen amp log in with no problems if I wait until the HD activity finishes amp then type in my password I can Black screen + cursor instead of login screen login fine Safe mode starts fine amp if I log in to normal mode then everything runs fine amp I don't get any other black screens At no point am I getting any errors I've run my usual AV Avira free version amp MalwareBytes Antimalware amp neither of them have come up with any issues Windows seems to be booting up fine until it gets to the login screen after the Black screen + cursor instead of login screen swirly windows screen amp it's obviously doing something as there's a normal amount of HD activity I've tried the Startup repair on the install disk to no avail I've tried post from this thread but things went a bit pear-shaped around the quot taking ownership quot bit though I've not had any errors afterwards I've tried enabling the OEM default background registry edit since it seemed straight forward enough to no avail I've even tried changing the background colours via the registry switch Hkey users default control panel colours Background from black to white The login screen is still there since I can enter my password amp get into windows it's just black on black on black which is somewhat annoying So I'm stumped since the vast majority of what google returns for combinations of quot win login screen black quot are issues where Windows goes black after loging in which isn't my problem I've also uploaded my ntbtlog though nothing really jumped out to my non-professional I'm an accountant amp probably know just enough to really screw up windows eyes Any ideas Or am I going to have to re-install windows a mere days after installing it for the first time though at least I do have everything I'd need to install afterwards saved And finally amp probably unrelated I seem to have mislaid the Search button thing on the start menu Any help with the blakc login screen would be much appreciated

A:Black screen + cursor instead of login screen

Avira, no idea why it's showing as AVG, I've not had that installed in several years (& several re-installs including a reformat)...

Edit: Though googling avgntflt.sys says that it's part of Avira.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/162802-black-screen-cursor-instead-login-screen.html
Relevancy 83.85%

I've got a fresh install of Vista x64, and when I install the Geforce drivers I'm not able to boot Windows normally. The green loading bar runs fine, but when it's over I don't get to see the login screen - it's just black. I have to enter into safe mode (which works) and uninstall the graphics driver.

The exact same thing is true for Windows XP 64-bit. But on WinXP the driver installation program caused huge lag also: http://forums.nvidia.com/index.php?showtopic=71101

Help?

Graphics: XFX 8800 GTX
Mainboard: Asus Striker II Extreme

EDIT: Bootlog attached.

A:Black screen instead of login screen in XP AND Vista

I ran chkdsk and tried an older Nvidia driver, with no success...

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/black-screen-instead-of-login-screen-in-xp-and-vista.107491/
Relevancy 83.85%

Hi everybody I'm kinda desperate with that problem i hope you can help me I installed Win Pro everything fine i installed some programs and the latest drivers from Nvidia i ran windows update so i rebooted bios screen was right and then it appeared the win screen with the window and the circle looping and right after that login GTX Pro screen 550 Black in Windows Screen 8 32. while i had to be in the login screen i just get a black but stuttering screen where i only can see the mouse pointer I restart in safe mode uninstall the Ti then i can reboot whithout problem Win detects the card and autoinstall the latest drivers and eveything is fine again and i'm able to play whatever i want until i have to reboot or shutdown again I need to uninstall the card from the device manager everytime i reboot if i want to have the chance of login again Apart from this everything runs fine So it Black Screen in login screen Windows 8 Pro 32. GTX 550 looks like the card works right but there is a problem with the quot welcome quot and login screen It's weird and frustrating and i would appreciate any help

A:Black Screen in login screen Windows 8 Pro 32. GTX 550

The BIOS on your system dates from 2007. I'd have to wonder if this system is compatible with Windows 8

Many of your storage controller drivers date from 2008 and earlier - I'd have to wonder about those that are involved in any crashes, but there are no memory dump files to examine.

Lot's of errors about services not starting and Windows Updates not installing - but I don't speak Spanish so I can't be sure about the details. I must ask if this is a legal copy of Windows - as illegal copies have many of these same symptoms - and fixing them isn't something that we can do here.

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/16362-black-screen-login-screen-windows-8-pro-32-gtx-550-a.html
Relevancy 83.85%

Hello folks I am not new to bleepingcomputers yes I am sometimes as guest in the background snatching some info and ideas However today I am coming as patient First of all I have to thank you geeks if allowed to name you like this for your dedication of helping people Throughout the web you are an incredible source for fighting that plaque that take often our time and sometime even more away Now to my case Some day ago my computer started with some strange behaviour Black Blue Screen) login (NOT after Screen like this some windows popped up telling me some drive letter is not supported etc the internet explorer started to do Black Screen (NOT Blue Screen) after login some strange things I do not remember what ahh and my Toshiba power saver started doing rubbish not accepting changes My antivirus was not up-to-date and I started to install new antivirus Vipre and a collection of malware scanners Whatever has found my PC as his new nest was not amused about this and responded with interfering in to the boot procedure When starting my PC Window Start screen appears normal After selecting the user login Black Screen (NOT Blue Screen) after login user desktop appears nicely still OK - gt the quick-start icons in Black Screen (NOT Blue Screen) after login the right corner start to pop up one by one - gt but in the middle after seconds black screen appears and nothing goes anymore So I started in save mode and run the scanners who discovered a truckload of Trojan and some root kit crap I cleaned up but windows does not start up anymore same behaviour as described above In the malware found were some items like buouf exe and eqhff exe I can start the PC only via F - gt last version that works I looked for buouf exe and eqhff exe found them killed them but there is possibly somewhere somthing left Now I am getting some uss q s exe error window and when connecting to the internet all seconds an ad window is opening So my first aid skills are exhausted and I have to call the ambulance Thank s in advace for the quot Doctor quot andyman

A:Black Screen (NOT Blue Screen) after login

Sorry, I forgot some more symptomes. I found in the scheduled task folder numerous tasks. After deleting them all they just build up again. Also I have to correct: the error thayt appeared is referenced to a file called ouss8q8r.exe. Furthermore, suddenly the Malwarebytes Anti-Malware Icon changed (the Malwarebytes icon has been replaced by an ordinary exe icon).The system is Windows XP Home SP3.Thanksandyman

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/344232/black-screen-not-blue-screen-after-login/
Relevancy 83.85%

I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium.

As I brought my computer out of sleep mode the computer had crashed with the screen showing vertical, multicolored lines that vaguely resembled gray.

I had to hard restart my computer and after the splash screen, the login screen with all the users never appears, nor does my cursor.

Nothing is on my screen except a faint glow indicating that it's active.

Could anyone help me solve this problem? I've searched on Google but all the results have something to do with the cursor displaying.

I've already tried doing a System Restore and Startup Repair.

Currently posting from Safe Mode w/ Networking.

A:Black screen before login screen, no cursor

Update: Will start in normal mode after I switched drivers to Standard VGA, however updating the driver caused it to not work again.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/262942-black-screen-before-login-screen-no-cursor.html
Relevancy 83.85%

Hi,

I am running Windows XP Professional Edition SP3 and the issue is on startup after the Windows loading animation the screen goes totally black with no cursor in sight.

This happened after a power cut when the computer suddenly shut down.

I can run it in safe mode.

I can run another Windows XP Professional installation that I have on my PC (same HDD) and that works with no issues.

I used system restore (24 hours) and it starts up after that, but then after restarting it will not work. Same applies for when I did a system restore from 1 week ago.

All help is appreciated!

Sam.

A:Black Screen on Startup (Before Login Screen)

Any thoughts before I go and format the system?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-on-startup-before-login-screen.1014355/
Relevancy 83.85%

Hi,

Due to a power cut earlier my PC naturally shut off the way you would if you switched it off at the plug.

It brought me into the windows error recovery screen and loaded until I reached the login screen.
Upon saying "Please wait" my screen begun to flash black rapidly and wouldn't load. The monitor wasn't going off or anything, the screen was just blinking.

It still does this every time I reboot my computer, so I can't log in at all.
It also does this in all safe modes so that is out of the question too.

Anyone know how to fix this?
Thanks!

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/385514-screen-flashing-black-login-screen.html
Relevancy 83.85%

Hi, I have recently installed windows updates and after restart the black screen occurred after I typed my password. About five days before that I have reinstalled my Mobile Intel 4 series driver and now in Device manager it shows 3 grayed out monitors which were installed when I have reinstalled the Video driver. The monitor driver that Is currently loaded was installed when I installed the OS itself. Is it safe to remove the grayed out drivers and will this fix my problem?

Thanks!

A:Black screen with cursor after Login screen.

Hi werty,
if you delete them after you press check for hardware changes will they reappear?
if so uninstall them hard then reboot your PC you might wanna create a restore point first in case some thing wrong happens, refer to this link if you dont know how:Create a restore point

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/50029-black-screen-cursor-after-login-screen.html
Relevancy 83.42%

Dear everybody I have a Asus G JW laptop with x gb HDD both has two partitions Win ultimate bit Nvidia geforce GTX M gb CPU Intel Core i - QM GHz Ram GB EAX advanced HD THX trustudio Security AVG antivirus with windows firewall on at all times This laptop has not been the same since my wife accidentally opened a zip file which was attached to an e-mail I reinstalled windows must admit I did not format the windows partition before installing it I restarted after each and every installation of the different drivers I got the st BSOD whilst installing Nvidia drivers After this I started getting random BSOD on shut down and start up I uninstalled the Nvidia driver and restarted the laptop and noticed that it installed BSOD BIOS. into into of screen "Black death" boot -cannot turned an older driver for Nvidia It was okay for a couple of days but then I got a BSOD boot loop I then did a MBR repair which seemed to work for a couple of weeks This past weekend my wife and I was on sites advertising cars that are for sale BSOD turned into "Black screen of death" -cannot boot into BIOS. and used google maps to get to the different dealers The BSOD turned into "Black screen of death" -cannot boot into BIOS. laptop's power cable disconnected by accident battery went flat during the night and when I restarted it it initially showed a BSOD restarted and since then I get this black screen of death BSOD turned into "Black screen of death" -cannot boot into BIOS. The Asus logo does not even come up the keyboard lights come on and you can hear the HDD running and later the DVD drive but nothing else happens I cannot get into the BIOS F is suppose to get you into it but F does not work and neither do the F F F ESC or DEL keys My BIOS is setup to boot from HDD st then the DVD drive at the moment I cannot boot from my Asus system repair disc and neither from the Win DVD or from the Minitool bootable cd Is there anybody with any suggestions I apologise for not being able to post the dump files or a more thorough list of system specs but as you can see I have absolutely no access to the laptop

A:BSOD turned into "Black screen of death" -cannot boot into BIOS.

Hi,

Firstly keep your wife off the machine

Try this (It may or may not work):

Shutdown the computer and remove power lead, take out the battery and press the
power button for 40-45 seconds then reattach the battery and plug in the power cord.

Does the laptop boot now?

cheers

Dave

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/298713-bsod-turned-into-black-screen-death-cannot-boot-into-bios.html
Relevancy 82.99%

Hey I need immediate help!

It's my sis' previously-formatted HP Pavilion dv5201tx! The problem is as the title above. I can go into safe mode. I've used system restore twice. And in Documents and Settings folder I noticed it has:

Administrator
Administrator.computer description name
Administrator.computer description name.000
username1
username2

Is it creating more user folders? At some point Administrator.computer description name.000 wasn't there. Corrupted registry hive? I'm not sure! Restarted many times, used Last known good configuration, and it's still black after the boot screen. Please help quick, she uses it a lot. Thank anybody so much..

Relevancy 82.13%

I have a MSI GS Series laptop running 64-bit Windows 8.

Whenever, I power-up the log-in splash screen shows followed by a black screen.  The hard drive lights
still blink and you can hear the drive operating.

I do not know what has happened.  Is there a way I can use the windows 8 startup disk to fix?

Please help.

A:Black Screen of Death After Log-in Screen

Try hitting F8 at startup and see if you can get to safe mode. If you can get there, run system restore and go back a week or so.

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/548570/black-screen-of-death-after-log-in-screen/
Relevancy 82.13%

i believe virus deleted a system 32 exe file it is a confident guess. I have a true black screen nothing at all comes up doesn't load anything no hot keys work. windows 7 hp laptop I need to know if I can get into bios if f keys don't work, cd repair disk don't work. what can I do power button and wifi button lights up on keyboard and fans are running but black screen no response. it is not a graphic card problem not a hardware problem at all. please help

A:Black Screen of Death true black no keys work at all!!!HELP

Do you see the bios splash screen?
Did you ever enter BIOS before, so you know how to do it?
Do you see the win7 animated welcome screen (prior to logon)?
------
cd repair disc .... you mean this? System Repair Disc - Create

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/329399-black-screen-death-true-black-no-keys-work-all-help.html
Relevancy 81.7%

when i start my computer it doesnt show anything at all and then about 20 seconds later the login screen will pop up and everything works after that. it all started when i got my new graphics card and now i gotta plug my moniter into the card. and while its booting i can switch the moniter to the normal built in moniter plug thing. i think its vga ( its the blue one without the fancy pins) the graphics card is a visiontek radeon x1300 256mb pci. and im using windows xp professional. thanks

A:Solved: Boot Screen wont show goes straight to login screen.

You need to change the primary video card in the BIOS setup of the computer from the onboard video to PCI-Express/PEG and then you need to disable the integrated video. Your computer is still set to use the integrated video card as the primary card. Once you have it set correctly to the PCI-Express card then you shoudl always have the monitor connected to the new card and it shoudl display everything correctly.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-boot-screen-wont-show-goes-straight-to-login-screen.825886/
Relevancy 81.7%

After the Starting Windows screen a blank black screen with a cursor that I can move pops up that lasts a minute (shouldn't happen with SSD, used to be ~10 second boot). Afterwards the login screen will appear as normal and everything works as normal. This doesn't happen when I boot into safe mode.

I attached a list of start up services, installs, and scheduled tasks, along with my latest boot log.

Any suggestions?

A:Windows 7: Blank screen on boot up, before login screen; slow startup

Hello and welcome, try this to see if you have something that's going you don't know about. Use the free version.

SUPERAntiSpyware | Remove Malware | Remove Spyware - AntiMalware, AntiSpyware, AntiAdware!

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/369613-windows-7-blank-screen-boot-up-before-login-screen-slow-startup.html
Relevancy 81.27%

Hey first time posting here so sorry if this is the wrong section or anything Lately my laptop has been experiencing a problem when I boot it up After the Starting Windows screen with the glowing Windows logo a blank black screen pops slow boot before on up, screen startup login screen; Blank up that lasts for ages I'd say at least minutes Afterwards the login screen will appear as normal When I log in the desktop appears quickly but when I try to start any programs like my browser they are slow and freeze often usually I can run programs with no problem when Blank screen on boot up, before login screen; slow startup the desktop appears Sometimes the laptop will hang every three seconds It takes a bit of time before the programs and Blank screen on boot up, before login screen; slow startup the laptop run like normal I've tried several things without success -Uninstalling and reinstalling graphics drivers I've never updated my drivers because no updates are ever available for Blank screen on boot up, before login screen; slow startup my driver is that normal My laptop is about two years old -Defragging hard drive -System Restore I don't seem to have any restore points -Clean bootup -Startup repair or whatever that first F option is called

A:Blank screen on boot up, before login screen; slow startup

Welcome to Seven Forums Tienjt.

You can run this SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker and post back with results.
Below my sig is a link to MalwareBytes, download the free version, update it, and run a full scan.

Have you installed anything new, hardware or software? Sometimes OEM's don't/won't have driver updates.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/238044-blank-screen-boot-up-before-login-screen-slow-startup.html
Relevancy 81.27%

Bonjour mes amis I recently have started getting screen; - Blank startup 64-bit on screen login up, before slow boot the infamous black screen of death at my computer's startup very similar to this fellow user's problem Basically Blank screen on boot up before login screen slow startup The black screen lasts at least 64-bit - Blank screen on boot up, before login screen; slow startup two minutes on average before the windows login screen comes up Everything else runs fine I think it might be my antivirus Bitdefender Total Security and I've posted on their forums about it and I've gotten responses from other users saying Quote The Black screen issue is known by BD Support till now they have not able resolved that issue hope BD resolves the issue And the booting time issue is been solved However I uninstalled Bitdefender and the problem still persisted I proceeded to uninstall every program i could remember installing before the problem started so before the start of June This was painful because I updated all my software so everything was listed as installed recently My startup time after removing all these software is attached below seconds compared to before with the speed ranging from - seconds with the worst at seconds Although this sped about my startup I still got the annoying black screen issue I am sure it is a software issue because the black screen is present but lasts no longer than about seconds when starting in Safe Mode with Networking and is present even int he low graphics What should I do My specs are filled out and I am going to to a fresh install of Windows so right now i ma backing uo my C drive Any other suggestions Should this work

A:64-bit - Blank screen on boot up, before login screen; slow startup

Hello mate try some of these Troubleshooting Steps for Windows 7 start at point 15 then do chkdsk Disk Check

The go through the other stuff.

Oops should have mentioned this one too start at point 7 - option 3 Optimize Windows 7[2]=Performance Maintenance

http://www.sevenforums.com/performance-maintenance/293384-64-bit-blank-screen-boot-up-before-login-screen-slow-startup.html
Relevancy 80.84%

Salutations I am using a Compaq Presario C with Windows Vista Home Basic bit updated with service pack The laptop starts up normally till the point that the desktop loads The desktop will appear for a split second and the a login Blue Death Screen of upon blue screen full of text will appear for another split second I am then prompted to enter Blue Screen of Death upon login safe mode I can logon and function in safe mode with networking as well Any tips to resolve this issue Thanks for your time EDIT Also I ve ran Malwarebytes and Advance Blue Screen of Death upon login System Care in safemode Both found and resolved issues Here is a screen cap of the blue screen http i imgur com ImSKg jpg EDIT Here is the FSS report Farbar Service Scanner Version - - Ran by Jared administrator on - - at Microsoft Windows Vista Home Basic Service Pack X Boot Mode Nerwork Internet Services Connection Status Localhost is accessible LAN connected Google IP is accessible Yahoo IP is accessible IE proxy is enabled Windows Firewall Firewall Disabled Policy System Restore SDRSVC Service is not running Checking service configuration The start type of SDRSVC service is OK The ImagePath of SDRSVC service is OK The ServiceDll of SDRSVC service is OK Checking LEGACY SDRSVC Attention Unable to open LEGACY SDRSVC registry key The key does not exist VSS Service is not running Checking service configuration The start type of VSS service is OK The ImagePath of VSS service is OK System Restore Disabled Policy Security Center wscsvc Service is not running Checking service configuration The start type of wscsvc service is set to Disabled The default start type is Auto The ImagePath of wscsvc service is OK The ServiceDll of wscsvc service is OK Checking LEGACY wscsvc Attention Unable to open LEGACY wscsvc registry key The key does not exist Windows Update wuauserv Service is not running Checking service configuration The start type of wuauserv service is OK The ImagePath of wuauserv service is OK The ServiceDll of wuauserv service is OK BITS Service is not running Checking service configuration The start type of BITS service is OK The ImagePath of BITS service is OK The ServiceDll of BITS service is OK Checking LEGACY BITS Attention Unable to open LEGACY BITS registry key The key does not exist EventSystem Service is not running Checking service configuration The start type of EventSystem service is OK The ImagePath of EventSystem service is OK The ServiceDll of EventSystem service is OK File Check C Windows system nsisvc dll gt MD is legit C Windows system Drivers nsiproxy sys gt MD is legit C Windows system dhcpcsvc dll gt MD is legit C Windows system Drivers afd sys - - - - - - A Microsoft Corporation C Windows system Drivers tdx sys gt MD is legit C Windows system Drivers tcpip sys - - - - - - A Microsoft Corporation B F F CD F CB E DDD C Windows system dnsrslvr dll gt MD is legit C Windows system mpssvc dll gt MD is legit C Windows system bfe dll gt MD is legit C Windows system Drivers mpsdrv sys gt MD is legit C Windows system SDRSVC dll gt MD is legit C Windows system vssvc exe gt MD is legit C Windows system wscsvc dll - - - - - - A Microsoft Corporation CA C DDC D CD AAAB C Windows system wbem WMIsvc dll gt MD is legit C Windows system wuaueng dll gt MD is legit C Windows system qmgr dll - - - - - - A Microsoft Corporation C D F E B A F C Windows system es dll - - - - - - A Microsoft Corporation C BC D F CF B B F C Windows system cryptsvc dll - - - - - - A Microsoft Corporation FB BEAF E D CCD C DA B C Windows system svchost exe gt MD is legit C Windows system rpcss dll gt MD is legit End of log

A:Blue Screen of Death upon login

Let's try this from safe mode.Download/install BlueScreenView, http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html .Double-click BlueScreenView.exe file.When autoscan is done (screen comes up), click Edit/Select All...then File/Save Selected Items.Save the report as BSOD.txt.Open BSOD.txt, copy all content and paste it into your next reply.Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/438627/blue-screen-of-death-upon-login/
Relevancy 80.84%

Hopefully this is posted in the right spot if not I apologie. When I turn on my computer, it starts up normally with the windows logo and everything, but when it comes to the login screen, all is black. The login screen is totally gone, so there is no way to get into the pc and find out what is wrong with it. Does anyone know what is wrong, or if there is a way to restore the pc without having to log into an account. Any help would be greatly appreciated! I am desperate. Thank you.

A:Screen goes black at login screen

Welcome to Techspot!

First things first, try and boot into safe mode. Also, may as well post your system specs as we'll probably need them.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/screen-goes-black-at-login-screen.58074/
Relevancy 80.84%

Basically as title says.. fresh install, managed to install drivers, skype, steam, battle.net, avast and google chrome.. restarted comp and again its as the title says, any help would be much appreciated.. also same thing happens in safe mode

A:Black screen where login screen should be

Hi, is this the same pc as here?
https://forums.techguy.org/threads/interupt_exception_not_handled.1152793/page-3

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-where-login-screen-should-be.1154281/
Relevancy 79.98%

Hello I need some urgent help 

Toshiba Satellite: Windows 8.1

My wife picked up a malware infection after downloading paint.net 

I tried to clean it up using MWB and adwcleaner - which asked for a reboot. 

Following reboot when I try to login now all I get is a blue screen and a mouse cursor. I can't do anything. 

She is a teacher and needs this urgently. 

Many thanks in advance. 

David 

A:Help! Blue screen (of death?) after login - urgent help please

Try a System Restore as below:

http://forums.toshiba.com/t5/System-Recovery-and-Recovery/How-To-Understanding-System-Restore-Refresh-Reset-and-Recovery/ta-p/342690

"

THROUGH F12 AT STARTUP
To access the System Restore, Refresh and Reset options using the F12 option at startup, perform the following:

If not already, ensure the computer is completely shut down. How To: Shut Down a Laptop with Windows 8
Now restart the computer by pressing the power button - IMMEDIATELY start tapping the F12 key on the keyboard until the "Boot Menu" screen appears.
Using the arrow keys, select <HDD Recovery> and press "Enter".
On the next screen you are asked to confirm if you want to continue with recovery. Select "Yes".
The computer will bring you to the Advanced startup screen.
Select Troubleshoot. Under Troubleshoot you will see “Refresh” and “Reset”.
Select “Advanced options.” Located here is "System Restore."
"

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/565795/help-blue-screen-of-death-after-login-urgent-help-please/
Relevancy 79.98%

I m posting here because of a nasty problem I came across with my primary comp using win xp pro sp First off I used BC Wipe Jetico software to wipe the free space on my hd to improve it s performance a bit as it had been a bit sluggish Well it finished although it did show one alert of low disk space which I thought was a misinformed feature caused by the free space wiping and it showed gigs of free space after wipe Mode No Death Allows Of *** Blue LOGIN *** Screen And anyway and then I shut down the pc and got the following error STOP x E x xF C xF AB C xF AB A As it was about software apparently I booted up in safe mode with networking and backuped my files just in case System restore was disabled so I had no point to go back and used MSConfig to drop out the system startup programs eg Norton antivirus to see if that was the problem Nope it wasn t so I booted back to safe mode and put the programs back on from MSConfig and shut down to continue later I had disk check scheduled at the start as well When I tried to put it on *** Blue Screen Of Death And No Mode Allows LOGIN *** again I got the following error A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer If this is the the first time you ve seen this error screen restart your computer If this screen appears again follow these steps Disable or uninstall any any anti-virus disk defragmentation or backup utilities Check your hard drive for configuration and check for any updated drivers Run CHKDSK F to check for hard drive corruption and then restart your computer Technical information STOP x x x EB x x And this error comes when I try any mode at all normal last good known config all variations of safe mode etc The only thing that I can access with that pc now is setup at start up How am I supposed to fix it if I m not allowed to login in any mode at all I find this very annoying If anyone can help it s much appreciated -T S nbsp

Relevancy 79.55%

Ok so whenever I watch a video of Black Screen(Not Black Death) Screen on my harddrive avi format usually Black Screen(Not Black Screen of Death) or if I watch a video off youtube I will get a permanant black screen My computer keyboard will not respond and I will have to hard restart my computer My Graphics card is a Nvidia GeForce GT My driver is currently that of the one found here http h www hp com ewfrf wc amp dlc en amp cc us amp lang en amp os amp product I tried the driver that the Nvidia website tells me to use http www nvidia com object win winvista bit whql html But that driver gave me previous problems found at http forums techguy org windows- -freeze-problems-after-installing-windows html post From what I have experienced This quot black screen quot will occur if I use any form of flash player if I use VLC media player or Windows Media player Oddly from the couple of movies that I have seen on DVD format where I insert a DVD into my drive the computer will not give me a black screen I also play video games and have no problems from them Any ideas as to what the problem is EDIT In addition my monitor is supposed to have a drive My monitor Acer p w Im running Windows -bit I was suggested that I should get a driver for it even though there is no available driver for it that is Windows -bit compatible http us acer com acer service do tx g c att amp ctx att k amp CRC Therefor should I still DL a driver and if so which one there are no -bit compatible ones nbsp

A:Black Screen(Not Black Screen of Death)

Overheating graphics card? Check its fan, if any, cooling fins, and air flow. Move other cards away if possible.

Corrupted codecs? Many "packs" contain substandard codecs.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/black-screen-not-black-screen-of-death.901995/
Relevancy 79.55%

Hello,

I have been having this problem since a week or so. Broni has helped me in malware forum to rule out malware as responsible. My machine is clean and I was refered here for further help.

Here is my problem:

At boot-time, I see windows XP load screen with the progress bar, the progress bar advances to the end and then, the screen turns pitch black and all is see is an arrow cursor I can move around. I thought until yesterday that this was a permanent freeze-up, but if I wait, say, 6 minutes, the black screen disappears and windows then starts normally.

Last week, problem was intermittent, it now happens all the time.

Windows boot-up was fine before.

Please help me.

A:Windows load screen at boot, looong black screen, then normal startup

I had this tons of times with my old XP PC. It is normal if you have a lot of files on the HDD and you have little RAM. How much RAM do you have? What is the capacity of the HDD? And do you have the Windows XP disc? Would you be willing to upgrade the RAM and/or the OS if we must resort to that? Or would you rather just buy a new PC?

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/windows-load-screen-at-boot-looong-black-screen-then-normal-startup.191868/
Relevancy 79.55%

Hey guys I was installing kali from a usb drive, when it was partitioning the drive it crashed... So I turned off my lenovo g570 4334 laptop, pulled out the usb drive and booted my laptop up normally..... It loaded the lenovo screen, with the options to access bios, then loaded a black screen with a blinking underscore.... I can't do anything at all except from the bios.... I've been searching for hours, Microsoft support for 2 hours straight... And now I just feel like crying.... Please help me!

A:Urgent! Win7 will not load after lenovo boot screen, black screen

How to run chkdsk and System File Checker (SFC) from the Recovery Console Boot your Vista or Windows 7 installation DVD
When you see "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD", press Enter
At the "Install Windows" screen, click on Repair your computer at lower left
At the System Recovery Options screen, make note of the drive letter assigned to your boot drive (normally C and click Next
At the Chose a Recovery Tool window, click on Command Prompt. You will be sitting at X:\Sources directory
Run chkdsk first then SFC
If you did not note the drive letter of your boot disk, you can enter bcdedit and look at the osdevice line to see what it is.
For chkdsk, type chkdsk c: /r and press Enter (use the letter from above if not C.
For sfc, type sfc /scannow /offbootdir=c:\ /offwindir=c:\windows and press Enter (use the letter from above)
Let either run to completion undisturbed.

Vista or Windows 7:

If you don't have a install DVD, you can download a legal copy here:

Windows 7 Direct Download Links
Windows Vista Direct Download Links

Make sure you get the same version you have installed: 32 or 64 bit; Home Premium, Pro or Ultimate.

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/323488-urgent-win7-will-not-load-after-lenovo-boot-screen-black-screen.html
Relevancy 79.55%

Hey i have a acer aspire 3000 and when i turn it on the lights come on but it doesnt have any boot beeps or any picture at all on the screen i was wondering if anyone could tell me what it is or have sugestions to what could be causeing that thanks

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/turns-on-great-but-no-boot-beeps-or-any-picture-on-screen-black-screen.100226/