Windows Support Forum

HP Pavilion dv8000 Laptop Monitor Screen Error

Q: HP Pavilion dv8000 Laptop Monitor Screen Error

Hello all.:

I have an HP Pavillion Laptop dv800 and I bought it maybe over 2 years ago. But recently, it has been encountering some problems (monitor wise). It would turn on fine, all programs are fine... but the monitor would occasionally choke and twitch. and now, when I physically move the laptop monitor.. it would twitch insanely with a black choking screen with some colors in it.

What should I do? Is this solvable? or should i just get a LCD Screen Laptop replacement?

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: HP Pavilion dv8000 Laptop Monitor Screen Error

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: HP Pavilion dv8000 Laptop Monitor Screen Error

It's called an LCD display, not a monitor. Speaking of a monitor, try connecting a external monitor to the laptop

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavilion-dv8000-laptop-monitor-screen-error.100022/
Relevancy 84.28%

HI- I HP dv8000 Solved: files off laptop Recovering Pavilion have been perusing posts for hours now trying to find answers to this problem but my computer literacy is just not up to speed and I am having trouble deciphering what would work in my situation Problem Upon boot-up of laptop receiving error message of quot A disk read error occurred Press Ctrl Alt Del to restart quot When I do that it just comes up with the same error message This isn t so much the problem just a little history because I am sending it back to HP to fix the problem this is the rd time it s done this What I am looking for is a semi-quick and inexpensive solution to recover the files off the hard drives before sending it back to HP they will of course erase the drives If it is even possible given Solved: Recovering files off HP Pavilion dv8000 laptop there is a disk read error A few viable solutions after reading the forums seem to be networking or attaching the hard drives to a pc and recovering them that way USB I think external hard drive enclosure But in my illiterate ways I am having a very hard time understanding exactly how to do this I think I need step-by-step instructions Also since I cannot log onto the HP it seems networking may not work out I have computers I can network with an IBM Thinkpad and a home-built pc both running windows XP Can anyone help enlighten me on the ways and what are s and where to purchase of a USB external hard drive enclosure and what type I would need for the HP Pavilion Thank you so much in advance for your help nbsp

A:Solved: Recovering files off HP Pavilion dv8000 laptop

I am happy to report this problem is basically solved! We have been able to recover a lot of files off the harddrive. But, now we are having problems with our recovery software. The program froze during saving and we don't want to have to re-start the computer and lose our recovered files having to do a search again (it took 60 hours last time!). Anyone have familiarity with Get Data's program Recover My Files? Or any other suggestions? Thank you in advance for any help you can provide!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-recovering-files-off-hp-pavilion-dv8000-laptop.497829/
Relevancy 70.95%

Hello everyone,

I have had this same problem with my HP Pavilion dv8000. I purchased a 2.5" external case to pull the hard drive out and retrieve my files.... but both XP and Vista won't let me access the main folder everything is stored under... named: valued customer, message: "access denied" (even after taking ownership). the company i purchased it from is MIA ( referbished from www.saveateagle.com). I figured it was a password thing that I used in the windows prompt. I've tried the recovery CD that came with the computer, in the dos prompt input R for repair, got to the c:\windows> , "enter" for the admin password, now what? All I want is to pull my photos from traveling for the past 2 years and my itunes songs. [Moderator's edit: remove reference to illegal material] Honestly, I've got all the passwords that could possibly be on this POS... any help?

Cheers, Don.

A:HP Pavilion dv8000 crash

Hi Don, welcome to TSF

Please do not append your request for help in someone else's thread.

It is essential that all new comers to TSF read the Forum Rules. A link to them is on every page. When making a post, please be aware that this is a 'safe for kids' place and no adult comentary, language or references.Thanks.

We regret that we do not give any assistance on bypassing password protected material.

The thread is closed

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/hp-pavilion-dv8000-crash-357353.html
Relevancy 70.95%

This laptop will not stay on, I turn it on, get a hp logo screen, then shut off. Is this a fan problem or power supply problem? What would make shut off, it seems electrical.

Relevancy 70.95%

Hi everyone nbsp HD CPU, DV8000 &OS Pavilion upgrade RAM, I have a HP Pavilion Dv Dv ea is the exact model number nbsp I am intending to upgrade The CPU RAM Hard drive and OS and have Pavilion DV8000 upgrade CPU, RAM, HD &OS a few questions regarding upgrade limitations on this computer nbsp It is currently running XP pro but I am intending to upgrade the OS to Windows -bit if I can find a suitable -bit CPU upgrade nbsp It currently has a nbsp T Intel centrino Duo CPU but I am unsure of which CPUs are compatible nbsp nbsp Is there an easy way to identify nbsp compatibility I know that it is removable but what would be a recommended upgrade for optimal performance nbsp Is there a limit to the size of hard drive I can install It had duel hard drives Is there any problem with installing a rpm hard drive Is it the BIOS that limits the size of hard drive that can be installed nbsp nbsp Finally what would be the limit for RAM after CPU and OS upgrade What is it that sets the RAM limitations in a nbsp computer nbsp Help with any or all of these Q's greatly appreciated nbsp Solved View Solution

A:Pavilion DV8000 upgrade CPU, RAM, HD &OS

Hi: The GeForce Go 7600 is a Windows 7 capable graphics adapter and should be able to run all the eye candy in Windows 7 and have the same resolution as you had in XP. Try the last driver nVidia released for it. http://www.nvidia.com/object/geforce_notebook_winvista_win7_64bit_179.48_beta.html I see you have a wide screen monitor...Depending on your screen resolution, with the proper driver it should be able to be set to 1440 x 900.  That should give you the view you expected. 3 GB usable memory with a 4 GB max RAM capacity is perfectly normal-even with a 64 bit OS. You need the Intel 965 chipset in order for the 64 bit OS to "see" all 4 GB of memory. You have the 945 chipset. Paul  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Pavilion-DV8000-upgrade-CPU-RAM-HD-amp-OS/td-p/783437
Relevancy 70.09%

Hello everyone, i am new here.
I would be most grateful if someone would take a moment to advice me on the following:
i have an hp Pavilion 8284 with 17'' wide. All works fine when resolution is 1440*900.My problem is when i try to play a game and change resolution to reduce requirements(set lower than 1440*900) cursor movement pauses for a split second every 1-2 seconds - creating a lag or choppy movement . This problem is for all games. I have downloaded the latest drivers from hp 84.54 but nothing. I have tried old drivers, newest drivers but the same. I really need your help, thanx in advance.

A:Serious problem Hp pavilion dv8000 series Xp Sp2, really need your help.

Welcome to TSG....

What is the operating system on this notebook?

If it is Vista you have to make sure the game is Vista ready and compatible with Vista.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/serious-problem-hp-pavilion-dv8000-series-xp-sp2-really-need-your-help.618552/
Relevancy 70.09%
Relevancy 70.09%

I recently purchased an HP Pavilion DV8000 (EU008UA#ABA) off ebay. It has an Intel Core Duo 2600T and ATI Radeon Xpress 200M graphics card running Windows XP. The system is in great shape and has a lot of life left in it but I'm having an extremely difficult time finding drivers. I've searched everywhere but I can't find the chipset or the display drivers and was hoping someone on here might be able to point me in the right direction since HP removed the software for this laptop when they recently retired it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Brad

A:Re: Drivers for HP DV8000 Pavilion Notebook

Hi @Bradley_Z, Welcome to the HP Forum! It is a terrific place to find answers and tips! For you to have the best experience in the HP forum I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide. First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More. When I checked the HP website for drivers, I discovered it is retired product, which means that HP has removed all content for this model. Have you tried running the HP Support Assistant? You could also try doing a web search with your product number to locate drivers.   To say thanks for replying, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below, If you feel this helped you, please choose "Accepted Solution" to alert other people who may have the same problem.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Re-Drivers-for-HP-DV8000-Pavilion-Notebook/td-p/5669008
Relevancy 70.09%

Hello,

I have had this computer for 3 years now and the internet card has started to give me problems. It will randomly go to limited connectivity mostly when I am just browsing the internet and most of that time when I am either downloading something or streaming on youtube. The catch is that it will sometimes fix it self, but most times I have to restart my computer. It almost seems as if it can't handle the activity and is turning it self off.

Thanks!

Relevancy 70.09%

my hp has a very strange problem. the pc displays a lot of colors like the ones that show on the xbox 360 when it frezees. everything works fine. when i try to play games, i cant before i could do it. and it only works if i install windows 7 it wont work on windows xp because it shows me hard disk error (blue screen). i tried to download a nvidia driver but when i reset the pc it shows me hard disk error and i have to intall windows again. what should i do?

A:HP Pavilion dv8000 display problem

Since this is a laptop, try testing the memory and hard drive using this info:
http://www.techspot.com/vb/topic51365.html

Laptops run hotter than desktops so there is a lot more stress on these components. The "the pc displays a lot of colors" usually means a bad LCD Panel, or motherboard. We hope it is not either of these, at this point

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-pavilion-dv8000-display-problem.176662/
Relevancy 70.09%

I Have recently wiped my hard drive on my laptop and do not have the recovery disks as my hard drive was replaced before I could dreate them.  I have managed to install Windows XP professional on the laptop but now the following hardware drivers have errors. Ethernet ContollerMass Storage ControllerNetwork ControlerPCI DeviceSM Bus ControllerVideo Controller (VGA Compatiable) I have looked at the driver site on HP and downloaded some of them but none seem to be the right ones. My serial number is CND6180RP7 My product number is EZ215EA#ABU Can anyone point me in right direction? Thanks

A:Drivers for HP DV8000 Pavilion Notebook

Your product number pulls this site up for XP drivers for your Notebookhttp://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareList?os=228&lc=en&dlc=en&cc=us&lang=en&product=1844669 

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Drivers-for-HP-DV8000-Pavilion-Notebook/td-p/81893
Relevancy 70.09%

Not sure what caused this but it has been happening for about 3 weeks now. Most noticable when listing to music or watching a video or playing new Nancy Drew game for DVD. Sound seems to studder and repeat.

A:Sound Garbled on HP DV8000 Pavilion

The defauld device is a Covenant AMC Audio
MIDI music playback is Microsoft GS Wavetable SW Synth

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/sound-garbled-on-hp-dv8000-pavilion.766729/
Relevancy 70.09%

i tried everything but my hp pavilion dv8000 wont let me connect to the wifi i shows me the wifi oppsition but it won't let me type in the password

A:my hp pavilion dv8000 wont let me get on wifi

Hi and Welcome to TSF!

Does it see the WiFi to be locked? Is it a WPA or WPA2 connection?

Does it connect to other WiFi?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/my-hp-pavilion-dv8000-wont-let-me-get-on-wifi-1014130.html
Relevancy 69.23%

I have installed Windows 10 on my Pavillion and the system work very well. I would like to upgrade the bios version but on the HP site my notebook result too old for assistence. Can someone help me? Details BIOS installed:BIOS Type: PhoenixBIOS Date: March 13th, 2006BIOS ID: NAPA0001.86C.0056.D.0603131731BIOS OEM: F.09Chipset: Intel 27A0 rev 3SuperIO: UnknownMake/Model: Hewlett-Packard HP Pavilion dv8000 (EZ225EA#ABZ) Regards

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Pavilion-dv8000-EZ225EA-ABZ-BIOS-Upgrade/td-p/5718144
Relevancy 68.8%

I just bought a Hp Pavilion dv8000 laptop off of Ebay for my son. The previous owner installed Windows 7 on it and the computer runs real slow. The mouse is jumpy and lags. Some of the letters on the keyboard does not work and I searched online and found out these are common issues for the computer with an upgrade to Windows 7. Big problem is that when they installed Windows 7 they did not create a backup drive so the computer only has the C: drive so I can not restore to factory default like I would like to do. Anyone of any suggestions for me?

Relevancy 64.93%

I just recently joined this forum a few minutes ago I ve spent countless hours searching for possible reasons of my laptops failure issues but can t seem to find my specific problem which consists of more then one Dv8000 HP boot, not issues will monitor issue so I thought maybe some one here could assist me here is my laptop model HP DV nr here are the problems with it the laptop tends to die before it can fully boot laptop monitor shows some weird lines colors symbols on the monitor if i try to d a fresh OS install it fails i ve tried with windows xp hate to say it but even tried vista too and they both failed I resorted HP Dv8000 will not boot, monitor issues my next option to installing windows and luckily it did HP Dv8000 will not boot, monitor issues work but HP Dv8000 will not boot, monitor issues i dnt think the laptop is built for windows xp though most of the specs meet the requirements If i try a fresh install of Xp the laptop does not get past the loading windows in order for it to install the os instead it just shuts itself off The laptop had a wiped drive and i recently just tried installing an os laptop had not been used for and a half years it kept shutting off so i tried it with windows and it worked the screen was fine too the keyboard was still unresponsive so i used an external usb keyboard at the time But to my assumption not wise i decided to flash my BIOS and after doing so and having the laptop restart the screen started to display the issues with the lines colors symbols Also The keyboard does not work Though after trying different bios flashes the keyboard had some responses on some of the keys but the monitor still had the issues i think its bios related but i cant be sure thats why im asking for opinions When it trys to boot into BIOS the laptop often just keeps beeping non stop then if i do nothing it shuts itself off I ve tried to disassemble it and clean out what i could fan keyboard etc after reassembly still no changes still has the same issues i know for a fact the screen issue is not harddrive related cause i have tried to boot the laptop without the hard drive and the screen still has the issues oh and if i forgot to mention i dnt use the battery i have the battery pulled and try to do all this with just external power I would really like to get windows xp on there again but if i cant i can handle as long as i can fix the issues with the monitor and the laptop constantly shutting off its not my primary laptop its my secondary one but id still like to be able to get it working again here are some small specs -Hp pavilion DV - PROCESSOR - Amd Turion Ghz - gig hard drive - gigs memory - inch monitor -currently has windows installed but i prefer xp but who doesn t ahahah uhm hope this info helps at all and any and all replies are accepted and encouraged if any one reads this and can possibly help me or has more questions please let me know i thank you all for your time and hope some how someone can help me narrow down the causes of the problems or possibly fix them thank you and good day to you all nbsp

A:HP Dv8000 will not boot, monitor issues

i also just joined this forum and am suffering from the same problems asu describe.

i have a pavillion dv8000 and during playing a game suddenly the screen turned black, then
some strange colours appeared and the laptop freezed. i turned it off and since this time it wont
boot properly. every time the green stripes appear already during the bios boot and the laptop wont make it past the windows loading screen. i can boot it in safe mode though with the low resolution and the green matrix styled lines are all over the screen, so i have been able to save my files. i tried to install new drivers but no success.

operating system windows 7
hp pavillion dv 8000
dual core 2ghz chip
2 gb ram
nvidia 7600 go graphic chip

the laptop was bought in the us 4 years ago

any suggestions? i read about replacing the graphic chip?
i dont have any warranty any more on it.

geetings david

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/hp-dv8000-will-not-boot-monitor-issues.154446/
Relevancy 63.64%

Ialmrnt Error project laptop screen on screen I have just purchased a new laptop from Dell model project Ialmrnt5 on laptop screen Error: monitor XPS M I upgraded to G ram All I am trying to do is project the laptop screen onto a projector monitor but when I plug the VGA cable in I get a quot weak or no signal quot from my projector monitor When I try to press Function F or right click to output picture to the projector monitor I get the infinite loop error pointing at the ialmrnt display driver I looked up online and I see most Ialmrnt5 Error: project laptop screen on monitor people Ialmrnt5 Error: project laptop screen on monitor have that problem with gaming however I am not gaming Also- some suggested dust but this is a new laptop so there should be no dust Others suggested incompatible rams but I bought this straight from dell so the rams should be compatitible without a problem besides I don t game so I don t use much of the rams Finally some suggested updating drivers- video as well as chipset I have done both but I still get the blue screen of infinite loop error Any suggestions would GREATLY appreciated FYI I am running Windows XP Media Center Service Pack Pentium M processor GHz with the Intel GM Chipset Intel Graphics Media Accelerator Thank you very much nbsp

A:Ialmrnt5 Error: project laptop screen on monitor

Did it work before? If yes, then what changed? The RAM did. Ditto, test the RAM.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/ialmrnt5-error-project-laptop-screen-on-monitor.46190/
Relevancy 61.92%

I am having problems with my laptop LCD. All of a sudden I look up and I have a black strip about 1 inch wide running vertically on the right side of my screen. It is about one inch to the left of the very end of the screen.(right side) Can someone tell me what has happen and give me some idea what I need to correct this problem or if I should just look at buying a new laptop. I thak all of you out there for your help in this problem.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/help-with-my-hp-dv8000-laptop-lcd.845288/
Relevancy 61.06%

Looking to purchase a laptop but would like to connect it to my hp AiO monitor, which is larger and good quality. Just want to use monitor only. Can I do this? How do I do this?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/Can-I-connect-new-laptop-to-hp-pavilion-AiO-monitor/td-p/5738726
Relevancy 61.06%

HP pavilion (XH365) monitor dimmed almost to the dark. When I point a flashlight to the monitor, I can see the camputer is working.The function keys do not bright or change the monitor settings. I loaded XP Professional from the scratch so it lost the function key utilities to change monitor settings.
This problem came with warning though. It used to dim the monitor when I moved the monitor and moved back was alright. Now it is completely dimmed. I was thinking a loose connection but I could not find anything loose in the monitor after opening it. Is there a light perhaps need to change? or something else is wrong. Is there anybody experienced a similar problems?
Thanks,

A:HP Pavilion laptop monitor problems

Oh my gawd it's contagious

http://forums.techguy.org/t309473.html

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-pavilion-laptop-monitor-problems.309466/
Relevancy 61.06%

The screen is green and grainy. I believe the monitor is shot and would like to know how easy is it to change out the monitor?

Relevancy 61.06%

I have a HP Pavilion Entertainment PC model dv - dx with Windows Vista OS I ve had this laptop for under a year about months so the warranty still applies but I wanted to see if I could figure this out on my own before resorting to have to take it in to Geek Squad Yesterday when I was browsing the web on the laptop the screen just all of a sudden started flashing back and forth from a blank screen and regular display It did this for maybe seconds and then just stayed blank The processor was still running and working fine the music I was listening to was still playing but the screen wouldn t display I plugged it into my desktop monitor and everything was working Laptop Pavilion won't monitor HP display...? perfectly and the display was showing fine I ve tried restarting increasing the HP Pavilion Laptop monitor won't display...? brightness contrast FN F HP Pavilion Laptop monitor won't display...? a system restore and removing the battery to no avail I m just lost now Anyone have any idea what s wrong and or how to fix it Thanks ahead of time nbsp

A:HP Pavilion Laptop monitor won't display...?

You may just have a loose cable connecting the display to the motherboard. Its can usually be found under the keyboard but I don't know if you are comfortable with doing this.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-pavilion-laptop-monitor-wont-display.876011/
Relevancy 60.63%

I Have hp pavilion Laptop had windows xp pro and i bought it it had wiN 7 and IT NOW  runs lke crap i want windows 7 can i get it free if i have my old keycode AND SOUND DRIVERS DONT WORK

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/8ecbbeb5-7834-406e-bd83-1812a8bbd099/i-have-a-hp-pavillion-dv8000-laptop-ad-win-xp-pro-now-person-put-7?forum=TechNetEvents
Relevancy 60.63%

Hello, i hope this is posted in the right thread.

I've got a HP DV8000 that powers on, but the screen stays blank and it beeps about 6 times, the CD-Rom drive still opens/closes. Any thoughts?

Much appreciated, again i hope this is posted in the correct thread, if not i apologize.

Relevancy 60.63%

I want to purchase a Pavilion 25xw monitor for my laptop but need to know if it is capable of being a split screen monitor. thanks so much!!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Does-Pavilion-monitor-have-split-screen/td-p/5706425
Relevancy 60.2%

I recently purchased the HP Pavilion 25 xw monitor and it was working fine for a few weeks, but now it isn't detected by the laptop. I ran into this issue a week or so and managed to fix it by installing new drivers. However, the proble mhas come back and I can't seem to resolve it. The monitor is plugged via HDMI to a Lenovo thinkpad P50.  I've tried unplugging the monitor from the wall, holding down the power button and reconnecting everything and it doesn't work. I've updated my nvidia card driver, hp drivers, windows 10 drivers and nothing.  It's a great monitor, I just have no idea why my laptop won't detect the monitor. thanks,Oskar

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Operating-Systems-and-Recovery/pavilion-25xw-monitor-not-detected-by-laptop/td-p/5799777
Relevancy 60.2%

Good evening,I left the notebook downloading an HP update and then turned it off after it was complete. The following morning I turned the notebook on and there was no display but I could hear it booting up. I attached an external monitor and it works fine. There is no notebook screen identified in the screen settings (where I used to get 2 before) only the external monitor is available.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Pavilion-dv6-screen-not-working-but-external-monitor-does/td-p/5720510
Relevancy 59.34%

I have a weird problem during bootup To begin with here are my specs nbsp HP ENVY h PC SeriesModel no h eo nbsp To this computer I have an Acer Predator monitor connected via display port nbsp Problem When I boot the computer with the monitor connected it get stuck and the monitor gets no feed On top of the computer chassi there is a small led display which normally shows two things during start up one orange icon featuring three disks and one blue icon featuring what looks like a network sign When the boot doesn't work it gets stuck on a pattern of a number say flashes of the orange disk icon followed by a fast break and on monitor black con... screen, boot, when HP stuck is Pavilion then one more disk blink It then repeats this forever I've let it just go like that for minutes minutes minutes etc and it never breaks the loop and the monitor doesn't receive any output What I have found and I can't recall where I heard about this ludicrous idea is that I can get the computer to start by unplugging the monitor display port cable Then the computer normally though not always moves on from the initial disk icon blinking and starts flashing the network sign again I've added a startup sound to my windows installation so I know that when I hear that it's safe to connect the monitor Needless to say this is not a happy marriage HP Pavilion stuck on boot, black screen, when monitor is con... nbsp Anyone have any idea why this would happen and how to solve it

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Boot-and-Lockup/HP-Pavilion-stuck-on-boot-black-screen-when-monitor-is/td-p/5657902
Relevancy 59.34%

Ihave a HP 22xi Pavilion led monitor.  It is about a year old and no warranty left.  It started going to a black screen when in use.  I have to uplug the monitor to get the display to show.  the power light stays on, but will not turn it off.  I saw a few ppl having the same issue, with no success in getting this resolved.  I have tried the external monitor on another laptop and have the same issue.  I have replaced the power AC adapter and also downloaded the drivers for the monitor.  this is very frustrating.  I have tried to reset to factory setting and nothing changes.  It will work for a while, then all of a sudden go to black screen and I have to unplug it from the back.  Please assist..

Solved!
View Solution.

A:HP pavilion 22xi backlit monitor goes black screen when in u...

Hello @squiggy, I understand that your HP Pavilion 22xi  LED Monitor just goes blank and will not turn off. After having read your post it would seem that the issue you are describing appears to be a physical issue. Please call our technical support at 800-474-6836. If you live outside the US/Canada Region, please click the link below to get the support number for your region. http://www8.hp.com/us/en/contact-hp/ww-phone-assist.html.I would like to thank you for posting on the HP Forums. Have a great day!

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/HP-pavilion-22xi-backlit-monitor-goes-black-screen-when-in/td-p/4776901
Relevancy 59.34%

Hello there, Recently, the screen on my 23xi monitor started to go blank after some usage (the time varies).  When this happens, the power light on the right corner of the monitor remains lit, however the power button doesn't do anything when pressed.  I don't think it's my computer putting it to sleep, since I've already checked my power settings for that, as well as the ones on the monitor's OSD.  The only way I can get a video image back is by unplugging and replugging the power connector located on the back.  I've had the monitor for only a year and a half.  Any ideas? Thanks!

A:Pavilion 23xi monitor - problem with screen going blank

GLP65, welcome to the forum. Have you tried the monitor with another computer?  This would be my first suggestion.  This will let you know if it has anything to do with your computer. Please click the "Thumbs up + button" if I have helped you and click "Accept as Solution" if your problem is solved.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/Pavilion-23xi-monitor-problem-with-screen-going-blank/td-p/4684142
Relevancy 58.05%

We just recieved an HP desktop+monitor bundle. The monitor is super grainy (almost unreadable) and discolored. It is the same issue in both the on screen display and the display from the connected PC. I tried HDMI and VGA connections - both have the same issue. I also tried the factory reset on the monitor display. Since the grainy discoloration is the same for both the on screen display menu and the signal from the PC it makes me think the issue is the monitor.  Is there any other trouble shooting step for the monitor?  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Video-Display-and-Touch/Pavilion-23xw-Monitor-Super-Grainy-including-on-screen/td-p/5671483
Relevancy 57.62%

I was messing around with the computer and its told that this computer is very touchy stupid me i had to go messing around. Anyway. On startup it boots to that screen with the error message asking for f1 for setup f2 to continue.

I went to bios to check out the problem nothing seems to be wrong. except it seems like its running a tad bit hot.

CPU Fan Speed: 3183
Sys Fan Speed: 0
CPU temp : 78C/172F

They are running I see hear and feel them.

After I do initially hit continue it just goes back to reboot then to this screen again. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks,
James

Relevancy 57.62%

Hello all,
I have a Phillips 32" LCD (model # 32TA2800/98) that I connect my laptops to with a VGA cable. I usually had my Gateway NV53A (AMD Mobility Radeon HD 4200 series Graphics card) connected and I never had a problem. Recently I connected my Samsung to the monitor and again, had no problems. When I reconnect my gateway the PC detects the monitor but the monitor does not detect the PC. If I switch back to the Samsung it works fine. I have reset the TV to factory default the only way I know how (owners manual). I have unplugged the power cable to the TV for 10 min+. I have changed from a 14 pin VGA to a 15 pin. I have updated all drivers.

PLEASE HELP ME!!!

A:1 monitor (Phillips 32" flat screen), 2 laptops, only 1 laptop detected by monitor

It appears this one has got them all stumped. I really need help with this one and I am at a total loss. I would be forever in someones debt.

Could it be that the TV has a capacitor that holds the settings for an extended period of time? Maybe I should leave it unplugged for 24-48 hours?

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/1-monitor-phillips-32-flat-screen-2-laptops-only-1-laptop-detected-by-monitor.1039481/
Relevancy 57.62%

I have a dell laptop Connected Monitor Screen Resolution Monitor Laptop Issue External To that has x resolution However i connect it to an external monitor Laptop Monitor Screen Connected To External Monitor Resolution Issue that has x resolution Basically almost everything i do is on my external monitor which acts as my main primary screen Thus i do sometimes open some windows or drag a window or so to the other screen like youtube etc to the laptop screen which is the secondary monitor My issue at the moment is everything is way too big on the laptop screen I want to have x resolution but its way too big I googled what is my resolution on it and it shows x Can someone tell me how to change this to x I googled what is my resolution on the external monitor and it does show x which is correct My external monitor which is my main monitor is fine at the moment with the x Its windows but im assuming this should be very similar to windows to fix this issue

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/401454-laptop-monitor-screen-connected-external-monitor-resolution-issue.html
Relevancy 57.62%

I have a dell laptop that has x resolution However i connect it to an external monitor that has x resolution Basically almost everything i do Connected Screen Issue Monitor Monitor Resolution Laptop To External is on my external monitor which acts as my main primary screen Laptop Monitor Screen Connected To External Monitor Resolution Issue Thus i do sometimes open some windows or drag a window or so to the other screen like youtube etc to the laptop screen which is the secondary monitor My issue at the moment is everything is way too big on the laptop screen I want to have x resolution but its way too big I googled what is my resolution on it and it shows x Can someone tell me how to change this to x I googled what is my resolution on the external monitor and it does show x which is correct My external monitor which is my main monitor is fine at the moment with the x Its windows but im assuming this should be very similar to windows to fix this issue

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/401454-laptop-monitor-screen-connected-external-monitor-resolution-issue.html
Relevancy 57.19%

I have a dell laptop that has 1920x1080 resolution. However, i connect it to an external monitor that has 1920x1200 resolution. Basically almost everything i do is on my external monitor which acts as my main primary screen. Thus i do sometimes open some windows or drag a window or so to the other screen like youtube etc to the laptop screen.
My issue at the moment is everything is way too big on the laptop screen. I want to have 1920x1080 resolution but its way too big. I googled what is my resolution on it and it shows 1536 x 864. Can someone tell me how to change this to 1920x1080?
My external monitor which is my main monitor is fine at the moment with the 1920x1200.

http://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/66365-external-monitor-laptop-monitor-screen-resolution-issue.html
Relevancy 56.76%

Vista laptop is is vga screen monitor jack. monitor but disabled #2 #1 home premium Friend's laptop wouldn't boot up HP G - CL Turned out video output was channeled to the vga port Fn F on this model switched back and forth Cleaned out monitor #1 is vga jack. monitor #2 is laptop screen but disabled tons of monitor #1 is vga jack. monitor #2 is laptop screen but disabled viruses everything good now but laptop boots up with monitor Generic PnP monitor on NVIDIA GeForce M G as remote vga jack and monitor default monitor on NVIDIA M G as my laptop screen as disabled When I try to make the laptop screen enabled by extending the screen to it then selecting this is my main monitor and click apply or save it asks me to confirm but doesn't take Deleting the drivers can sometimes get the laptop display running as primary until the next book then it all reverts to the remote vga port as primary if I boot with a linux disc - Kaspersky rescue for example it uses the laptop screen just tine So what in a perfect world should be my primary screen the laptop screen is identified as monitor in DISPLAY SETTINGS My VGA jack should be secondary but is always monitor other notes Fn F no longer does anything will not switch between I guess because my laptop screen is disabled Please help

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/630221/monitor-1-is-vga-jack-monitor-2-is-laptop-screen-but-disabled/
Relevancy 56.33%

I nbsp have nbsp the nbsp HP nbsp pavilion nbsp notebook nbsp windows nbsp and nbsp I nbsp broke nbsp the nbsp boot HP and can't screen I pavilion see laptop bec... the won't screen nbsp about nbsp a nbsp year nbsp ago nbsp so nbsp I nbsp can't nbsp see nbsp the nbsp boot nbsp menus nbsp I nbsp have nbsp been nbsp using nbsp HP pavilion laptop won't boot and I can't see the screen bec... an nbsp external nbsp monitor nbsp and nbsp it nbsp has nbsp always nbsp worked nbsp well HP pavilion laptop won't boot and I can't see the screen bec... nbsp but nbsp now nbsp I nbsp can't nbsp see nbsp how nbsp to nbsp fix nbsp my nbsp computer nbsp from nbsp starting nbsp I nbsp did nbsp a nbsp hard nbsp boot nbsp but nbsp nothing nbsp happened nbsp and nbsp by nbsp having nbsp a nbsp broken nbsp screen nbsp I nbsp can't nbsp see nbsp any nbsp of nbsp my nbsp options nbsp on nbsp how nbsp to nbsp fix nbsp it nbsp It nbsp won't nbsp start nbsp up nbsp It nbsp sounds nbsp like nbsp it nbsp is nbsp but nbsp since nbsp I nbsp can't nbsp see nbsp the nbsp F nbsp or nbsp Boot nbsp menus nbsp I nbsp can't se nbsp what nbsp the nbsp screen nbsp may nbsp be nbsp saying nbsp to nbsp do nbsp PLEASE nbsp HELP nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/HP-pavilion-laptop-won-t-boot-and-I-can-t-see-the-screen/td-p/5664482
Relevancy 56.33%

All of a sudden---my HP Pavilion laptop screen flickers - at the bottom!  WHY?  How do I  make this go away??? HELP !!

A:My HP Pavilion laptop screen flickers-WHY???

Hi, Hope your machine is not this bad:    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gVDtf7XLgU0? From my Googling, this is a hardware problem Regards,

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/My-HP-Pavilion-laptop-screen-flickers-WHY/td-p/955911
Relevancy 56.33%

When my son turned on his laptop, the screen didn't come on.  It is blank.  There is audio, but nothing else.  I hooked it up to a monitor and it works fine.  He uses this for school  work at home.  It is still under warenty until December 6th 2016.  I would like to get this resolved quickly.  Any help will be greatly appreciated.  Thanks so much.  Product number: L8T22AVSerial number: 8CG5481K4M  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/the-screen-on-my-son-s-HP-Pavilion-laptop-doesn-t-come-on/td-p/5847237
Relevancy 56.33%

Hey all I have is screen up Pavilion messed laptop HP in my possession one of my friend's laptop an HP Pavilion DV- She recently needed to replace the battery since Windows reported that her old battery needed to be replace since it couldn't hold a charge She got the battery replaced it and that's where the problems began The laptop starts up HP Pavilion laptop screen is messed up fine boots into Windows normal but the screen itself doesn't work a full on black screen I have it connected to a VGA monitor to test if the graphics chipset is fine It worked fine for the first five minutes on VGA with perfect color and all Then it went weird and now there's a blue tinge I tried to hook it to an HDMI monitor and started up the laptop but the BIOS hung saying that it's quot Preparing to boot to OS quot and does nothing On HDMI the BIOS doesn't have a blue tinge on VGA it does I looked at the replacement battery and it was volts it should be like the original My conclusion that I drew from this is that the battery slightly overvolted something either the LCD screen the inverter or maybe a voltage converter I'm now thinking the graphics chip is also damaged OH I already tried power cycling it so any comments and suggestions on what you guys think would help I'm trying to get a second opinion I have yet to crack the sucker up and see if there's a loose connector

A:HP Pavilion laptop screen is messed up

Coke Robot,

1. Power off laptop
2. Remove battery
3. connect power back to the laptop (battery still removed)

Does the laptop work? yes or no

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/178357-hp-pavilion-laptop-screen-messed-up.html
Relevancy 56.33%

Hopefully someone can help me.  My laptop worked one day, and the next, the screen seems kinda dimmed light and black, but works with an external monitor (typing on the tv as we speak)... it runs Windows 8 - though i am not sure which version.  Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.  i did the hard reset and followed the steps to the driver downloads, but don't know which downloads to do or how to proceed from here.  TIA.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Screen-not-working-on-Pavilion-G6-laptop/td-p/5681511
Relevancy 55.9%

How can I screenshot on an HP Pavilion TouchSmart Laptop? I tried "prt sc" and holding "fn" and it did not work. Is it possible to screenshot something on this laptop? If anyone can get back to me with a solution to my problem it would be very appreiciated.   

A:How to Screen Shot with an HP Pavilion TouchSmart Laptop

What about Windows key+PRNT SCR keyWhich OS?

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/How-to-Screen-Shot-with-an-HP-Pavilion-TouchSmart-Laptop/td-p/4317380
Relevancy 55.9%

I am fooking for some information1) Is thislaptop/notebook upgradable to more memory?2)Is there a manual for this device that I could download if necessary. ThanksChinqupark

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/Manual-for-HP-Pavilion-ME-N-10-1-quot-screen-laptop-Z3736F/td-p/5659421
Relevancy 55.9%

hey all - prob a very easy answer but im trying to find a replacement screen part/model number for HP Pavilion 15 Notebook PC - p264na - L0E38EA#ABU tried a quick SIW and some moniterinfo - didnt gimme what i was looking for serail/part# wise. and i saw u help a few others with this both frm hp parts and offsite links - can you do the same for this model please ?? the most likely ive found is this - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/HP-Pavilion-15-P264NA-LCD-Screen-Replacement-for-Laptop-New-LED-HD-Glossy-... is it a likely match ??? - sorry i cant remove bezel as i dont want to damage plastic or void warranty many thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/replacement-screen-laptop-pavilion-series/td-p/5696623
Relevancy 55.9%

Hi Guys Im having some trouble with my HP pavilion -e wm laptop with self installed where I push the power button but the primary screen does not come on It used to happen intermittently in between reboots Then it got to the point were I would have to push the power button on and off HP laptop screen with 17-e049wm black pavilion about times to get the monitor to come up Now it just doesn't come up What is funny is if I can get the monitor to work during boot it will never stop working and I can use HP pavilion 17-e049wm laptop with black screen the computer A temporary solution was to never shut down the computer Obviously my computer shut down as it would be still working if I hadn't A major note is that external monitors work absolutely fine Using an external monitor device manager cant even detect that the laptop monitor is there as if it were unplugged Thus there is no monitor tricks such as fn F or win P Some have said to try tricks such as taking out the battery and power plug and removing any possible power from the system by holding down the power button for s m or m Some said to swap around memory sticks in an event that a ram went dead First I must diagnose the part that has failed I am inclined to believe that both the monitor and the vid card are ok as a secondary monitor works and that the primary works sometimes Where do you guys think I should start to begin the diagnosing process The cable between the monitor and video card If so how do I get to it Laptops are not always easy to dissemble Thanks

A:HP pavilion 17-e049wm laptop with black screen

Where I would look would be the backlight of your laptop. Shine a flashlight on the screen once the laptop has booted, and see if you see anything. If it's the backlight, you'll see the familiar Windows screens, although very faintly. If it's not the backlight, you won't see anything reflected.

A backlight problem is usually caused by a bad fluorescent tube on older lappies, or an inverter problem. Newer laptops with LED backlights have different issues, usually in the LED drivers.

It could be something as simple as the screen's ribbon connector to the motherboard has become damaged or has come unplugged from repeatedly opening and closing the laptop.

Try the flashlight trick and report back, please.

http://www.sevenforums.com/graphic-cards/393150-hp-pavilion-17-e049wm-laptop-black-screen.html
Relevancy 55.9%

I need the part number to replace the screen on my hp pavilionThe model # 17-g113dxI need to buy the cheapest please help so i can replace it my selfThanks in advance

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Need-replacement-screen-for-my-17-inch-pavilion-laptop/td-p/5820591
Relevancy 55.04%

I just purchased an HP Pavilion Laptop Screen Intel Core i GB Memory TB Hard Drive Windows model -ab nr I can not find the user guide anywhere online or anywhere on the hp website I am so frustrated and tired of looking and seems i just keep getting sent to irrelevant pages on hp com I am unfamiliar with windows and am in the process of setting up the new laptop Got stuck right Laptop, model... Intel® Screen, Core? 8GB HP Pavilion i7, 15.6" off trying to hook up to my home wireless network typed in the correct password but it kept telling me it could not connect to the internet I checked my older laptop to make sure it could connect to internet and it was fine so I HP Pavilion Laptop, 15.6" Screen, Intel® Core? i7, 8GB model... have no idea why new laptop will not I received absolutely nothing in box with computer not even a partial user guide Also if you could explain to me the quickest process to sign in to hp support or the forum I would appreciate it Seems like it takes me so long to just find a link that might be helpful or what I am looking for thank you please send me exact link info for anything you think will be helpful for me numerous links is ok with me I really need some help nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-Pavilion-Laptop-15-6-quot-Screen-Intel-Core-i7-8GB-model/td-p/5729297
Relevancy 55.04%

The LCD on Pavilion DV4-1131TX screen is not light Pavilion Laptop coming... HP DV - TX is not working light is too dim to read the HP Pavilion DV4-1131TX Laptop screen light is not coming... content I understand from my research that the most likely cause of death is either an inverter failure or a backlight failure nbsp The possible soluiton I got over the internet is LCD inverter is not working now the question is how would I know the part number or if I go to HP care center how much approx they will charge me Some of the symptoms The image is displayed on an external monitor I can see the image on the laptop LCD when I point a flashlight at it Other components in the display lid the logo LED the wireless antennas are working The backlight sometimes lights up for some milliseconds when It boots first time The backlight lights up for some milliseconds while I open or close the lid when the lid is HP Pavilion DV4-1131TX Laptop screen light is not coming... opened at degrees There were no HP Pavilion DV4-1131TX Laptop screen light is not coming... signs of a display failure prior to it going black By the way I'm running Windows -bit i e running from past months Thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/HP-Pavilion-DV4-1131TX-Laptop-screen-light-is-not-coming/td-p/5639491
Relevancy 55.04%
A:i dont have print screen button in my HP pavilion laptop's k...

Hi, What is your machine ? All machines should have this key, normally at the right hand side, on the top row. In many cases it is with Insert key and you need to use Fn key with it. Regards.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/i-dont-have-print-screen-button-in-my-HP-pavilion-laptop-s/td-p/5650284
Relevancy 55.04%

Hi,When i tired to start my hp pavilion laptop(windows 10), screen starts up and keeps loading with the symbol trying but windows doesnot startup.I tired to reboot/restart and it does the same.I tired to restore or reset the laptop but shows error message- disk partition error.I have ran system tests and all are passed.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Hp-pavilion-laptop-freezes-at-the-startup-loading-screen/td-p/5831944
Relevancy 55.04%

My HP Pavilion laptop is not completely frozen My touchpad works as do some of the function keys like laptop login screen on stuck HP new brand My Pavilion the is mute and light darken screen plus the up arrow so I can see the background desktop lock screen with pretty picture time date and battery status The problem is the quot Sign in quot and the power restart shut down hibernate etc option thing are quot darkened quot you know that thing the computer does when things are not available when features menu items are not current options It s like my laptop is stuck in shut down but won t actually shut down or restart And as a computer is shutting down you lose features and can t do much if anything with it This has happened a couple times before during updates Both times I unplugged it waited for the power to drain plugged it back in and it started as normal no problem No such luck this time I have heard of similar problems in support forums but most of that was upgrading from to so I doubt they can help me My brand new HP Pavilion laptop is stuck on the login screen I have an HP Pavilion th Gen Intel Core i Processor with Windows Home GB memory Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks nbsp

A:My brand new HP Pavilion laptop is stuck on the login screen

holding down the power button for 20 seconds until it switched off worked. it just restarted like normal.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/my-brand-new-hp-pavilion-laptop-is-stuck-on-the-login-screen.1171219/
Relevancy 55.04%

I was just given a pavilion dv ca entertainment laptop in seemingly good condition no adapter or peripherals nbsp It was left behind by the family's son when you went away to school so no information on it's operability nbsp It would not boot so I did a hard reset and removed the battery dusted and cleaned what was easily accessible nbsp It powers on black screen no fan or drive DVDs black entertainment pavilion screen laptop just the led lights for the dvd at the top of the keyboard nbsp pavilion DVDs entertainment laptop black screen It blinks off immediately then back on then off etc does not respond to function keys pavilion DVDs entertainment laptop black screen and I do not have another monitor handy to hook up to nbsp Ctrl-alt-del or Windows-B stops the blinking and momentarily engages the drive and the fan but not the screen nbsp nbsp The drive does not engage long enough to load Bios or OS nbsp no idea what OS is installed it was designed for Vista nbsp Repeated pressing of the F- key to bring up the HP recovery screen results in a beep code long short this code repeats until I power off nbsp Any ideas what my next step should be nbsp nbsp

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/pavilion-DVDs-entertainment-laptop-black-screen/td-p/5645589
Relevancy 55.04%

My HP Pavilion laptop is not laptop Pavilion the login My new on is stuck HP brand screen completely frozen My touchpad works as do some of the function keys like mute and light darken screen plus the up arrow so I can see the background desktop lock screen with pretty picture time date and battery status The problem is the quot Sign in quot and the power restart shut down hibernate etc option thing are quot darkened quot you know that thing the computer does when things are not available when features menu items are not current options It's like my laptop is stuck in shut down but won't actually shut down or restart And as a computer is shutting down you lose features and can't do much if anything with it This has happened a couple times before during updates Both times I unplugged it waited for the power to drain plugged it back in and it started as normal no problem No such luck this time I have heard of similar problems in support forums but most of that was upgrading from to so I doubt they can help me I have an HP Pavilion th Gen Intel Core i Processor with Windows Home GB memory Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks

A:My brand new HP Pavilion laptop is stuck on the login screen

What is the actual model of you HP laptop? In the meantime.....try this......power off laptop, unplug AC power cord, then pull out the battery for 5 minutes. After the 5 minutes.....connect the AC power cord and power on " WITH OUT" the battery , now power on and lets see what happens.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f338/my-brand-new-hp-pavilion-laptop-is-stuck-on-the-login-screen-1119425.html
Relevancy 55.04%

My HP Pavilion laptop is brand stuck HP new screen is Pavilion laptop My on the login not completely frozen My My brand new HP Pavilion laptop is stuck on the login screen touchpad works as do some of the function keys like My brand new HP Pavilion laptop is stuck on the login screen mute and light darken screen plus the up arrow so I can see the background desktop lock screen with pretty picture time date and battery status nbsp The My brand new HP Pavilion laptop is stuck on the login screen problem is the Sign in and the power restart shut down hibernate etc option thing are darkened you know that thing the computer does when things are not available when features menu items are not current options It's like my laptop is stuck in shut down but won't actually shut down or restart And as a computer is shutting down you lose features and can't do much if anything with it This has happened a couple times before during updates Both times I unplugged it waited for the power to drain plugged it back in and it started as normal no problem No such luck this time nbsp I have heard of similar problems in support forums but most of that was upgrading from to so I doubt they can help me I have an HP Pavilion th Gen Intel Core i Processor with Windows Home GB memory Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/My-brand-new-HP-Pavilion-laptop-is-stuck-on-the-login-screen/td-p/5617883
Relevancy 54.61%

Have a friend who has just called to say his HP laptop has one long and 2 short beeps on starting - no display.
Having looked up bios beep codes - this I believe is probably the video card.
The question is - is the video integrated on the laptop or is there a separate card which can be replaced? Anyone any ideas?

A:HP Pavilion laptop beep error

Most video cards are integrated into laptops. What version of bios? HP Phoenix seems to have 4 beep codes. here is there support page. http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/fastFaqLiteDocument?lc=en&dlc=fr&cc=uk&docname=bph07107

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-pavilion-laptop-beep-error.812548/
Relevancy 54.18%

I was having same problem. I opened bios, deleted secure boot keys, turned on legacy boot option with dvd as first option. Restarted and presto. Ignore the part that says "for windows 7 and older". Im installing windows 8 as i type this. Good luck.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/How-do-you-clear-a-03F0-error-on-a-HP-Pavilion-laptop/td-p/5609767
Relevancy 54.18%
A:How do you clear a 03F0 error on a HP Pavilion laptop?

Up date your Bios to the current version. http://www8.hp.com/us/en/support-drivers.html or: It could be dead; hear any clicking noises or grinding?

****Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP.********Click the White Kudos star to say thanks********Please mark "Accept As Solution" if it solves your problem****

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/How-do-you-clear-a-03F0-error-on-a-HP-Pavilion-laptop/td-p/781601
Relevancy 53.75%

Lost sound on my HDMI connection.  Looked in my Sys Tray and no Support Assistant.  It used to be on the laptop.  Went to HP and tried to download HP Support Assistant and got an HP Install Shield Wizard and got 1670 Unable to load module along with path and Error Code 32.   Bull  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Software-and-How-To-Questions/Support-Assistant-on-a-Pavilion-laptop-M7-and-get-error-code/td-p/5613782
Relevancy 53.32%

Hey guys Getting so frustrated as I don t know much about computers tech talk and I have a ton of uni work to do Anyway I use a HP Pavilion G series laptop Pavilion G it starts up perfectly normal leave it minutes to start up and to load once I ve opened up whatever it is I am doing e g Microsoft Word Doc Google YouTube Facebook - not all at once - I get the Blue Screen with the stop message of A problem has been detected and windows has shut down to prevent further damage to your 0x00000116 Series Laptop G Blue PLEASE Screen HP HELP! stop Pavilion showing message computer Attempt to reset the display driver and recover from timeout failed If this is the first time you ve seen this stop error screen restart your computer If this screen appears again follow these steps HP Pavilion G Series Laptop showing Blue Screen stop message 0x00000116 PLEASE HELP! Check to make sure any new hardware or software is properly installed If this is a new installation ask your hardware or software manufacturer for any windows updates you might need If problems continue diable or remove any new installed hardware of software Disable BIO memory options such as caching or shadowing If you need to use safe mode to remove or disable components restart your computer press F to select Advanced Startup Options and then select Safe Mode Technical Information STOP x xFFFFFA B F E xFFFFF AC C x x atikmpag sys - Address FFFFF AC C base at FFFFF ABB datestamp e ea d It s happened times in the last hours I ve uninstalled any recently downloaded software in case it s harmful and I ve just done a windows update following the message that popped up on my screen which prompted me to restart my computer in order to complete the updates Please help someone who hasn t a clue about tech-y stuff Much appreciated x nbsp

A:HP Pavilion G Series Laptop showing Blue Screen stop message 0x00000116 PLEASE HELP!

1. welcome to Tech Support Guy
2. Open the windows folder
open the minidump folder
right click on the latest dump file in that folder
hold your mouse on the entry send to
on the next options that open will likely be send to compressed file
if you left click that it will usually ask do you wish to place on desktop
then attach it on your reply by clicking go advanced and manage attachments
3. What OS please in full eg windows 7 / 8 / 8.1
and which antivirus please
I've uninstalled any recently downloaded software in case it's harmful Click to expand...

such as please - why would you opine that it may be harmful
All I have is what you tell me so I need the details please

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/hp-pavilion-g-series-laptop-showing-blue-screen-stop-message-0x00000116-please-help.1146985/
Relevancy 53.32%

Hi guys, My laptop freezes about once a day (usually when watching a video on vlc or youtube),or about every hour when doing a heavy load task (eg rendering fractals) forcing a restart. Sometimes the freeze will display a blue uncorrectable error screen. BlueScreenView mentions hal.dll x124. I have tried swapping out the memory, a new hard disk, updating the bios and reinstalling a fresh copy of windows 10. Non of these have worked. What could be causing this issue?Thanks,Sam

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Blue-Screen-uncorrectable-error-HP-Pavilion-TS-14-n232tx/td-p/5733728
Relevancy 53.32%

I've been trying to upgrade my HP pavilion dv CTO laptop running on windows bit from HDD to SSD I tried to use Samsung SSD EVO I used Macrium to clone the ssd and after installation the windows start but then the screen shows message quot Preparing your desktop quot And spinning for a long while gives me a insatllation SSD Pavilion dv6- error upgrade screen after blue HP on blank blue screen with an active cursor That's about it Before cloning and installing the ssd I had done some research but got no definite answer to solve my problem The bios latest version f - sp from Insyde H does not allow entry into SSD upgrade on HP Pavilion dv6- error blue screen after insatllation the set up at boot stage So no matter what there is NO option to switch to AHCI mode SSD upgrade on HP Pavilion dv6- error blue screen after insatllation in the BIOS I did all the SSD upgrade on HP Pavilion dv6- error blue screen after insatllation exercise going through regedit to modify Msahci and IastorV to values as explained in these forums while still using the original Hitachi HDD After that I cloned the HDD to the Samsung SSD and physically installed the SSD in the laptop my computer has the Intel Rapid Storage Technology RST installed and the System info there shows - quot Intel AHCI Controller Intel R Series Port SATA AHCI Controller quot Where as the Device manager still shows quot IDE ATA ATAPI Controllers Intel R Series Port SATA AHCI Controller quot I am Not sure if my Computer is now on AHCI mode I don't know why my laptop still have just a blue screen and not move on to the Desktop I desperately want to upgrade it to SSD for speed Right now its painfully slow Could you please help

A:SSD upgrade on HP Pavilion dv6- error blue screen after insatllation

Hello zachs. Welcome to the forum.

I think we need to start with why you can't get into the BIOS settings. Is the laptop password protected?

http://www.sevenforums.com/hardware-devices/369033-ssd-upgrade-hp-pavilion-dv6-error-blue-screen-after-insatllation.html
Relevancy 53.32%

I have a HP PAVILION DV - SL nbsp I I got a bluescreen Here is my problem - - - Copy dmp PM x x x f c xb x halmacpi dll hp pavilion management i5 screen error memory Blue dv6 halmacpi dll ef f nbsp On Mon PM GMT your computer crashedcrash dump file C WINDOWS Minidump - - - Copy dmpThis was probably caused by the following module hal dll hal xEF F Bugcheck code x x xFFFFFFFF F C xFFFFFFFFB x Error WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERRORfile path C WINDOWS system hal dllproduct Microsoft Windows Operating Systemcompany Microsoft Corporationdescription Hardware Abstraction Layer DLLBug check description This bug check indicates that a fatal hardware error has occurred This bug check uses the error data that is provided by the Windows Hardware Error Architecture WHEA This is likely to be caused by a hardware problem problem This problem might be caused by a thermal issue The crash took place in a standard Microsoft module Your system configuration may be incorrect Possibly this problem is caused by another driver on your system that cannot be identified at this time nbsp Please help nbsp

A:Blue screen memory management error hp pavilion dv6 i5

Hi, Please download and instal the latest HP UEFI Support Environment version from here (of course if you are able to do this).Restart system and on the startup repeatedly press the F2 key to run HP PC Hardware Diagnostics. Choose from the list " System Tests " -> " Extensive Tests " -> " Run Once ". This way we will check whether these blue screens are caused by a hardware problem or not.Let us know about the result (of course you can also take a photo with result and attach it to your next post in this topic).

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Boot-and-Lockup/Blue-screen-memory-management-error-hp-pavilion-dv6-i5/td-p/2673993
Relevancy 52.46%

Please can someone help? My laptop has been slow, noisy and basically unusable for about a year, to the point that I have just stopped using it altogether, until today. It is slow to load, the internet is slow, I can only enter my password in safe mode and I'm up to date on virus checks and have deleted so much it's almost empty. Short of throwing this useless piece of metal out the window, I'm lost for ideas! Any suggestions would be great. Thank you.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Operating-System-and-Recovery/HP-Pavilion-g-series-laptop-slow-noisy-error-mess-re-HPTools/td-p/5753735
Relevancy 52.03%

hey guys

so I was wondering if I could use my laptop display as a screen for a computer.
sounds kinda confusing but ill try explain.

I have a desktop PC. but no monitor.
however, I have a laptop.

so I was wondering if I could somehow connect my desktop PC to my laptop and only use the laptop's screen. as a monitor for the PC.

A:Use laptop screen as a monitor?

I've found some interesting stuff for you.

http://www.instructables.com/id/Laptop-Converted-to-2nd-Monitor/
http://www.instructables.com/answers/Can-you-turn-a-laptop-LCD-screen-into-a-standard-L/
http://lifehacker.com/272847/convert-your-unused-laptop-to-a-second-monitor

Happy tinkering!

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/use-laptop-screen-as-a-monitor.181052/
Relevancy 51.17%

I have a nbsp HP ENVY -j ea with leap motion I currently have a monitor connected to it but I want to know can I add a third And whats the best option to do it It only has hdmi socket and no other graphic outputs Windows Product NumberF T extra screen 1 Laptop on my more monitor than Can I have EAMicroprocessorIntel Core i - MQ with Intel HD Graphics GHz MB cache cores ChipsetIntel HM ExpressMemory GB MHz DDR L SDRAM x GB x GB Video GraphicsNVIDIA GeForce GT M GB DDR dedicated Hard Drive TB SSD HDMultimedia DriveSuperMulti DVD burnerDisplay cm diagonal FHD LED-backlit touch screen x Network CardIntegrated Gigabit Ethernet LAN RJ- connector Wireless Connectivity b g n x Bluetooth Can I have more than 1 extra monitor screen on my Laptop comboSoundBeats Audio with speakers and two SubwoofersKeyboardFull-size island-style backlit with numeric keypadPointing DeviceHP Imagepad with multi-touch gesture Can I have more than 1 extra monitor screen on my Laptop supportExternal Ports multi-format digital media card reader for SD cards HDMI headphone microphone combo USB Boost RJ Dimensions x x cmWeight kgPower W AC power adapter -cell WHr Li-ionCameraFront-facing HP TrueVision HD Webcam with integrated dual array digital microphone nbsp nbsp What setup I want nbsp nbsp nbsp Monitor ------ Laptop ------ Monitor maybe Monitor nbsp I seen people do it with older laptops but never known how they Can I have more than 1 extra monitor screen on my Laptop do it nbsp Any help appreciated even if its a No I can t do it nbsp TIA Solved View Solution

A:Can I have more than 1 extra monitor screen on my Laptop

Davidpne If your laptop only has one video output jack, you can only connect one monitor to that jack. However, there are USB-to-Video adapters available that can connect monitors via VGA or DVI -- depending on the adapter. Understand, though, that you are limited in the bandwidth of the connector and the USB port.  You're not going to see the same resolution and performance with a monitor connected to a USB adapter as you do with a monitor connected via a VGA, DVI, or DP port. Good LuckI am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor do I represent, HP.========================================================================If you feel my suggestions helped you, please click the Thumbs-Up symbol to say thanks!If they helped resolve your issue, please click "Accept As Solution" to help others find similar information.

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/Can-I-have-more-than-1-extra-monitor-screen-on-my-Laptop/td-p/5560856
Relevancy 51.17%

my laptop monitor screen appears to have some red ink from a pen on the lower right hand edge of the screen. What would be the safest way to remove it?
thanks.

A:how to clean a laptop monitor screen??

there are special cleaning wipes for laptops that wont eat the antiglare film that is on the screen i would try those

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/how-to-clean-a-laptop-monitor-screen.130751/
Relevancy 51.17%

One of my co-workers recently tossed his laptop, it was a dell laptop, however i do not remember the model at the moment. Anyway, long story short, the motherboard, hard drive other parts wound up being tossed or given away, and i wound up grabbing the screen. I have heard somewhere on the Internet of someone taking a laptop screen and turning it into a "regular" LCD screen. I would assume that all you would need to know was the locations of the pins, and some extra parts, an adapter and some soldering skills. If anyone has any incite or advice i would be very thankful.

Thanks

Login Error

A:Old laptop screen turned into a monitor?

I have some advice. FORGET IT!

Seriously, it's way more complicated than you might imagine, since the LCD panel doesn't have a conventional interface. You'd need detailed interface specifications and an LCD controller, not something you're likely to be able to cobble together yourself.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/old-laptop-screen-turned-into-a-monitor.371138/
Relevancy 51.17%

Hi,

I have an HP G60-121WM Laptop computer and I was wondering if anyone had any help regarding a laptop that all of a sudden the monitor is black. The laptop seems to power on but the laptop is bad. I've tried taking the battery out and unplugging the charging cord, then holding the power button for about 30 seconds and then plugging it back up and powering it back on and that has not helped. I've also tried hooking it up to another monitor, but it has the black screen on the other monitor as well. Finally I've also taken the ram sticks out and switched them up to see if there was anything with those that could be causing the problem and it didn't seem to work either.

Relevancy 51.17%

I have a HP Pavilion QV series laptop with XP home SP running about years old but still a somewhat sturdy machine Recently unknown as 25% screen monitor missing?? laptop to what happened before this started as it is located in the living laptop monitor screen 25% missing?? room and my kids use it when they grace mom and dad with their preasance when I boot the machine the monitor display covers only of my screen quot wide screen Sometimes if I continued to reboot it would eventually display properly across the entire screen Lately it is taken more and more reboots and now I can hardly get it to go beyond the screen at all The far right hand side of the screen stays blank black from top to bottom I have tried to adjust the display settings to no avail There is an option for a single monitor or a dual display in the settings and I have tried to reset this to a Single monitor as it seems to go to dual display by default I have clicked the apply tab after selection just in case I get that suggestion but nothing really seems to change No bugs seem to be present as AV spyware and anti malware all come up empty Also at the bottom of the and wthin the display I do have a complete page like its just not widescreen the display begins again for the top row of data as in from my desktop the top row of icons appear again beneath the bottom taskbar Any help would be greatly appreciated Is it just to old and need to go Thanks in advance so much also the GB HDD only shows to be GB don t know if that is related or not You guys are the BEST nbsp

A:laptop monitor screen 25% missing??

you said, you checked the display properties? Did you try to change the screen resolution? Some programs alter it, I had to eventually delete the program that change the resolution and made my screen smaller.
What did the kids use computer for, that might give you some better ideas.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-monitor-screen-25-missing.896820/
Relevancy 51.17%

I have a laptop monitor, 16:10 15" When I am outside the reflection of the trees is so strong I have difficulty seeing what's on the monitor.

What do I need to stop this? Do I need an anti-protective screen, an UV screen, an anti glare screen? what?

Any link for example on Ebay would be helpful.

My specs are computer box above.

A:Solved: What Do I need to see my laptop monitor screen when I'm outside?

Anti Glare screen, They are literally like have a curtain where the sun is. It helps a lot my friend uses them.

Hope it helps.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/solved-what-do-i-need-to-see-my-laptop-monitor-screen-when-im-outside.926077/
Relevancy 51.17%

HI all
I am hopeing you can solve a problem.
i have a screen from a gateway solo laptop i would like to adapt it so i could plug the screen in to the monitor socket of any computer and it would work.
The plan is for it to built into the lid of a tour case as having a small light portable screen would be very usefull for my job .
thanks for looking
Mark W-E

A:gateway laptop tft screen as a monitor

Not sure if that is possible.....but this will get you back to the top for others to see your post again.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/gateway-laptop-tft-screen-as-a-monitor.118353/
Relevancy 51.17%

My sister has an HP laptop and I wish to use it as a monitor for my desktop computer as my main monitor has died. How do you get a laptop to display whats on your desktop PC?

From what I know, the cable that connects the monitor to the PC fits into the laptop, but only changes the resolution of the laptop screen (adding two thick black bars on each side).

So how do I make whats on my desktop computer appear on the laptop?

A:Using laptop screen as desktop monitor

Hey Peter, you sure do pose some good ones.. how bout , if you are gonna tie up her laptop , just set up an Ad hoc network and just use her computer ? Maximum PC | 5 Networking Tips and Tricks

Just a thought, or go to thrift shop and see if they have a cheap monitor for 5 bucks or so, til you can replace yours. By the time you buy all the adapter cables and such , i don't know, just thinking of a cheap way for you to use your files and such .

http://www.vistax64.com/graphic-cards/294015-using-laptop-screen-desktop-monitor.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Ok, I made a really stupid decision. I was having issues with my monitor until eventually, the taskbar and all icons disappeared and the only thing left was my wallpaper. My cursor went offscreen. So I right clicked, selected properties, and nothing happened. Then I realized that the window opened offscreen and after a while of clicking and dragging, I brought it up and started trying options to make it work.

Nothing worked.

Then I saw a checkbox "Extend Desktop To Monitor", unchecked it and clicked apply. Then I realized what I had done, and it was a bad decision because my laptop screen is completely broken, and I cannot use my monitor.

What do I do?

A:Laptop Screen Unusable, Monitor Disabled

Have you tried turning your laptop off and back on?

Thanks,

Darktune

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/535686/laptop-screen-unusable-monitor-disabled/
Relevancy 50.74%

The backlight of my lcd broke on my laptop and now i have a external monitor hooked up to it. It is currently on split screen and I want to make it to show the same thing (meaning whatevers on the laptop screen to show on the external monitors)

A:Connecting laptop screen to External Monitor

usually this video is xfer to the external monitor by clicking the fn, special function key, and one of the F keys usually the F key with a monitor screen symbol on it....

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/connecting-laptop-screen-to-external-monitor-448311.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi, I am a newbie here but thought someone could help. I have and IBM T30, using a IBM Docking station. I have hooked a second monitor up to the docking station that allows me to have 2 monitors running off the one internal serial device. I have added an ATI rage video card to allow me to have 3 monitors working together. This has workied for other's in the past. Here is the problem, when you work for a little while it will then freeze, causeing you to have to hard boot, then it will freeze all the time. Another latop will do the same thing. I have swapped out to a different docking station with another card of the same type and it does the same thing. I have updated driver's and done everything I can think of. My laptop has 1gig of memory so that shouldn't be an issue. Please any suggestions? Please Help!
Gina

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/pc-freezes-using-dual-monitors-and-ibm-laptop-lcd-screen.33165/
Relevancy 50.74%

I decided to hook up my desktop's monitor to my laptop, to give the dual screens thing a test.

My monitor resolution can go up to 1440*900 pixels, and my laptop at 1280*800 pixels.

But when I hook up my monitor to my laptop, there is no option for 1440*900 for the monitor's resolution. I have to use a different one which doesn't look quite as good. My laptop can remain at its highest as normal.

Is this a side effect of using dual screens, or is there a way I can get the 1440*900 option back when I hook it up to my laptop?

Many thanks.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/screen-resolution-not-what-it-should-be-when-hooking-up-monitor-to-laptop.750116/
Relevancy 50.74%

The monitor on my Advent 7109 laptop has gone black down the right-hand side (about 4" in width) and a smaller horizontal multicoloured bar has appeared at the bottom of the screen just below the taskbar.
The screen has resized to occupy the remaining visible area and I cannot rectify this.

Of course I have tried adjusting the screen resolution settings both in normal and safe mode, completed a system restore and attempted to update/rollback driver (but there were no drivers available).
I cannot locate my current driver on the Microsoft website to reinstall. But perhaps this is not a driver issue. Please advise?

Much obliged.

The monitor is a Digital Flat Panel (1024 x 768) on Mobile Intel(R) 945GM Express Chipset Family
And the current driver is 5.1.2001.0

A:Laptop Monitor Screen Partially Black

http://www.uktsupport.co.uk/advent/laptop/7109.htm

http://www.laptopparts101.com/screen-inverter-board/

http://www.laptoprepair101.com/laptop/2006/08/17/bad-video-on-lcd-screen/

lappy hospital probable i am afraid

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-monitor-screen-partially-black.937265/
Relevancy 50.74%

I know people say it cant be done. But it HAS to be possible.
I have an old laptop that survived a flood... Barely. thr processor is toast, but the video subsystem and most of the mobo is good.
I want to be able to rewire the flat panel to accept a signal from a standard vga card. The dead laptop is a omnibook 4100. Has anybody played with this kind of thing before? It should be possible, YES? i can send pics of the parts to anyone willing to help. Thanks!

A:LAPTOP screen as flat panel monitor

Hmm..from the laptops I've taken apart the screen is usually connected to the motherboard by a thin ribbon.

I assume you would have to somehow connect the leads from the ribbon to a normal monitor cable and then rig up a way to get power to the monitor.

Worth a try I guess if it's all junk anyway..

Good luck.

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/laptop-screen-as-flat-panel-monitor.197092/
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi everyone I have a MSI GS ghost pro gaming laptop which has Intel HD graphics and Nvidia GTX M GPU CPU i HQ running Windows I study abroad several months ago i went back home and plugged-in my laptop to the TV via HDMI for gaming laptop cannot external My any detect screen/monitor like normal Yesterday i bought an ASUS VC H external monitor and tried to do the same thing but there is no HDMI input signal the Laptop cannot detect the monitor include display settings intel HD graphics settings nvidia settings This is what i tried - Fn f Fn f keys windows P switching to duplicate or extend or anykind of options - plug the monitor into my friend's laptop with windows My laptop cannot detect any external screen/monitor through that HDMI cable and it works fine the same with other laptop running windows gt cable and monitor are normal - plug my laptop to my neighbor's smart TV There was ''connected' symbol which appears on the TV but black screen instead of image Laptop couldn't detect the TV - reinstalling nvidia and onboard-graphics drivers and update to the latest - Made a clean install of windows tried windows also but the same result - Updated my BIOS and EC - Bought an adapter HDMI-Mini Displayport to use the mini displayport with HDMI cable nothing works Im sorry that i copied my thread from other forum to here therefore some problem with the text color

http://www.tenforums.com/general-discussion/39480-my-laptop-cannot-detect-any-external-screen-monitor.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi, I bought a HP 10 inch mini laptop(with XP) just a month ago. I have used the laptop with a 21 inch external monitor which is connected to the laptop via a VGA port. It has been OK for a month, but I don't know what I did to it, Today I just can not keep both my laptop screen and the external monitor screen on at the same time, when I connect the external monitor, the laptop screen turns off immediately, if I disconnect the external monitor, then the laptop screen came on. I need to keep both of them on at the same time, hope someone can help me. Thanks.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f10/can-not-keep-the-laptop-screen-and-an-external-monitor-on-at-the-same-time-401675.html
Relevancy 50.74%

Hi everyone I cannot screen/monitor My external detect laptop any have a MSI GS ghost pro gaming laptop which has Intel HD graphics and Nvidia GTX M GPU CPU i HQ running Windows I study abroad several months ago i went back home and plugged-in my laptop to the TV via HDMI for gaming like normal Yesterday i bought an ASUS VC H external monitor and tried to do the same thing but there is no HDMI input signal the Laptop cannot detect the monitor include display settings intel HD graphics settings nvidia settings This is what i tried - Fn f Fn f keys windows P switching to duplicate or extend or anykind of My laptop cannot detect any external screen/monitor options - plug the monitor into my friend's laptop with windows through that HDMI cable and it works My laptop cannot detect any external screen/monitor fine the same with other laptop running windows gt cable and monitor are normal - plug my laptop to my neighbor's smart TV There was ''connected' symbol which appears on the TV but black screen instead of image Laptop couldn't detect the TV - reinstalling nvidia and onboard-graphics drivers and update to the latest - Made a clean install of windows tried windows also but the same result - Updated my BIOS and EC - Bought an adapter HDMI-Mini Displayport to use the mini displayport with HDMI cable nothing works Im sorry that i copied my thread My laptop cannot detect any external screen/monitor from other forum to here therefore some problem with the text color

A:My laptop cannot detect any external screen/monitor

Is there a setting in the BIOS that controls the use of the HDMI output - perhaps it has been inadvertently turned off.

http://www.tenforums.com/graphic-cards/39487-my-laptop-cannot-detect-any-external-screen-monitor.html
Relevancy 50.74%

I have the new Acer Aspire laptop and a TV which monitor laptop black and Both external screen go I use as a monitor They have worked together very happily some time now But yesterday I had to do a Both laptop screen and external monitor go black forced shutdown when the start button would not work and the TV screen shrank in size and there were error messages When I rebooted the TV monitor stayed black and a computer screen came alive for about seconds as it was rebooting then went black I disconnected the TV from the computer and started her up and the computer screen behaved itself Even if I set all of the display parameters to indicate only one screen the computer screen if the TV monitor is connected to the computer I end up with two black screens I have tried many display duplicate and extension No new software installed There is one clue I disconnect the TV monitor from the computer boot up choose duplicates to display Then I connect the TV monitor to the computer What happens for about one second is that both screens light up What is going on Help please

A:Both laptop screen and external monitor go black

If you are still getting the black screens when starting up there is a useful shortcut you can try. Press the windows key + P. This will give you some options to try different combinations of TV monitor and/or screen.

It sounds like you might need a graphics driver update or roll back to a previous one it is has recently changed.

http://www.tenforums.com/installation-setup/31863-both-laptop-screen-external-monitor-go-black.html
Relevancy 50.31%

My HP monitor works on old HP pc with windows 8. It does not work on HP - Pavilion 550-179na Desktop PC with windows 10. I get a 'not connected' message. All products are HP. The new PC works with a borrowed monitor. Any help gratefully received.

A:HP monitor not working with new Pavilion. Monitor DOES work ...

Hi there @Beelady11, Welcome to the HP Support Forums! It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts and other support personnel.  I understand that one display is not working with your new computer, but it works with an older one without trouble. I am happy to help you with this. What is the model of the display you are trying to use?Have you checked for drivers for that display?What type of connection are you using to the computer? (VGA/DVI/HDMI)Are you using the exact same connection on the computer when you test with another display? There is a possibility that if you are testing using different connectors, that the ones on the board itself are disabled. This would depend on whether a video card is installed or if you are using the integrated display adapter.See the: HP Pavilion 550-179na Desktop PC Product Specifications and you will seethe following note for the integrated graphics adapter.Integrated video is not available if a graphics card is installed.This means that the on-board video connections, linked to the integrated adapter would be disabled. Please let me know how that works for you, and if it does resolve your issue, please mark this post as a solution. Kudos would also be appreciated.  

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Desktop-Hardware-and-Upgrade-Questions/HP-monitor-not-working-with-new-Pavilion-Monitor-DOES-work/td-p/5477122
Relevancy 50.31%

I was trying to set up my tv as an external monitor for my Toshiba Satellite laptop..but it wouldn't work so I just tried fooling around with the different functions in the display properties..I ended up selecting the 2nd screen and checking the box that says 'extend my desktop onto monitor' and then my laptop screen went black with my wallpaper on it, and then went totally blank with only my white mouse arrow. I can't click anything, and I think my screen is set on 2 monitors because the mouse disappears when I move it to both sides. How do I set it back to normal? or at least get my desktop back so I can fix this?

Help please!!

A:Multiple Monitor problem: laptop screen went blank!

Solved!!

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/multiple-monitor-problem-laptop-screen-went-blank.595761/
Relevancy 50.31%

I have a Toshiba Satellite A55-S6925 laptop. Several months ago I replaced the display monitor with another of the same manufacturer (Samsung), as the original monitor suddenly developed an internal crack (no trauma!).

The new monitor works, but my entire desktop is shifted 2 cm to the left and a couple mm down. So, part of my desktop I cannot access. I have tried several display settings and updated the monitor driver, both to no avail. Anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks!

A:My Toshiba laptop monitor (Samsung) screen is off-center

You probably need to replace the inverter at the base of the screen as well. Your screen is a different model, and requires a different inverter is my guess.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/my-toshiba-laptop-monitor-samsung-screen-is-off-center.151291/
Relevancy 50.31%

Dear all,

I have a Dell Precision laptop (M4800) with 16 GB RAM and a big SSD.

I have been struggling for ages with this bleeping w10 and have got to a stage where it does actually run very well ... if the comp is using a docking port and external monitor (in this case a Dell U3011, 30-inch).

But when I run the laptop using the laptop screen (no port, no external monitor) it is laggy... it takes an appreciable time for Windows Explorer to come up when I got Win+E, and when it does I actually see the screen components being painted; various other hotkeys are slow too (seconds to display the window).

I assumed this might have something to do with the resolution settings... but nothing changes it.

My graphics card is an NVidia Quadro K2100M...

Any ideas?

A:lag when using laptop screen / good perf when using external monitor

Hi, and welcome to tenforums!

Do you have any other peripherals attached to docking port? USB drives or network connection?

I would check two things at first: remove any links to files or folders in Quick Access in Explorer window, that can be removed or dead, secondly check shell extensions.
You can try shell extension viewer and remove them one by one. There are some threads on this forum already. Nvidia shell extension is known to cause some problems.

http://www.tenforums.com/performance-maintenance/45961-lag-when-using-laptop-screen-good-perf-when-using-external-monitor.html
Relevancy 50.31%

My laptop screen went black otherwise the laptop seems to be working. My friend said I could connect an external monitor and hit fn key and f4 key and It would connect to external monitor. I made the connection and hit both keys but to no avail.. Monitor states no signal..

http://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Video-Display-and-Touch/My-laptop-screen-died-can-I-connect-a-external-monitor-to/td-p/5765827
Relevancy 50.31%

Hi, I've got a Dell Latitude D520 which is about 4 years old and I use for my studies. When I open it and start up the screen sometimes goes loopy, showing a variety of things. Sometimes it's like it's zoomed by various large amounts, plus gone quite fuzzy. Sometimes it goes into black and white horizontal or vertical lines. And sometimes it's ok. When it is having problems it has (so far) been rightable by banging it along the top edge, or changing the angle, or pushing the back of the screen - it's driving me nuts. There is also a dark patch the size of a baked bean along the right edge of it.
I went to the Dell drivers and downloads page but I can't think what it might be.
Is this something I can get fixed or should I give up the ghost?
Thanks for your help!

Relevancy 50.31%

I just got a HP ZR24w monitor and have connected it using VGA to my Lenovo ThinkPad T400, with graphics card ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3400. The drivers are up to date. I'm running Windows Vista 32-bit.

I want the external monitor to display the same thing as my laptop screen, not act as a second screen. This works fine, but won't display a resolution higher than 1280x800. If I make the monitor a second screen instead of a clone, the monitor will then display at the proper 1920x1200 resolution.

How can I get the monitor to display at 1920x1200 when cloning the laptop screen?

A:can't get monitor at max resolution when connected to laptop and cloning screen

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/cant-get-monitor-at-max-resolution-when-connected-to-laptop-and-cloning-screen.923957/
Relevancy 50.31%

The screen on my hp laptop suddenly went dead

the laptop works with an external monitor

Any suggestions as to how I can find out what's wrong or how I can fix it

hitting function key (which is supposed to switch from external monitor to laptop screen doesn't solve the problem