Windows Support Forum

BSOD playing Skyrim,ntoskrnl.exe problem

Q: BSOD playing Skyrim,ntoskrnl.exe problem

i just force shutdown when the skyrim frezze.now i got the bsod then i check the bsod using BlueScreenView program,it tells me that ntoskrnl is the prob.i've tried to run windows normally but it always happen
note:i run the laptop in safe mode with networking.
SFdebugfiles/logcollector in the attach.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: BSOD playing Skyrim,ntoskrnl.exe problem

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: BSOD playing Skyrim,ntoskrnl.exe problem

Code:
Host Name: ASUS-PC
OS Name: Microsoft Windows 7 Ultimate
OS Version: 6.1.7600 N/A Build 7600
OS Manufacturer: Microsoft Corporation
OS Configuration: Standalone Workstation
OS Build Type: Multiprocessor Free
Registered Owner: ASUS
Registered Organization:
Product ID: 00426-OEM-8992662-00173
The first thing to do is to update Windows 7 fully - many BSOD's are avoided by ensuring the operating system is using the very latest system files.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/360638-bsod-playing-skyrim-ntoskrnl-exe-problem.html
Relevancy 100.62%

Hello Bleepingcomputers,

my username is FallenMonk and i would like you to help me,

because this is my first post in this forum i would like to apologize if this post has not enough

information about my problem and i would like to apologize for my bad english!

so the BSOD happens like that:

1.Start skyrim
2.Play for 1 hour roughly
3.Blackscreen while Computer is loudly working
4.Restart Computer
5.Repeat :X

I dont know what is causing this and i would like you to explain to me how i can help you 

help me solve this problem quickly 

i appreciate future help.

Sincerely your FallenMonk.

A:BSOD while playing skyrim caused by ntoskrnl.exe+4adb3c

Please download MiniToolBox , save it to your desktop and run it.
Checkmark the following checkboxes:
List last 10 Event Viewer log
List Installed Programs
List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
Click Go and paste the content into your next post.
Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.
Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/540534/bsod-while-playing-skyrim-caused-by-ntoskrnlexe4adb3c/
Relevancy 76.54%

Windows 7 32Bit
Windows 7 32Bit as bought
Retail I guess
OS Age: Don't know
H/W Age: Don't know

Hello to the community!!

This was a custom built PC (OS included- currently using) that I brought from an online seller last month.
I've been experiencing several BSODs for the last 2 weeks,. most of the BSODs occur after playing Skyrim though I just had another one right after booting when its just about to load the desktop.

Note:
I've intentionally disabled automatic updates (after SP1 update) since it slows down my already slow internet connection, I do however have SP1 installed. I also updated my graphics card driver and I installed Skyrim.

A:BSOD while playing Skyrim

A critical OS process was terminated, probably Related to avkmgr.sys Manager Driver from Avira GmbH. I would remove and replace with MSE at least to test.

How can I uninstall AntiVir Personal software?

http://www.microsoft.com/security_essentials/

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/232317-bsod-while-playing-skyrim.html
Relevancy 76.54%

I am suspecting that my BSOD is being caused by AMD Catalyst 12.1 (since its a preview and not official WHQL drivers) but im also speculating it may be Anti Virus' too aggressive real time protection. I am attaching my minidump to the post.

The only clue i have (which i can't read, and yes this is the first time ive had ANY custom built PC ive made in 6 years since picking up this hobby) is the error code that windows 7 gives me upon rebooting and is as follows:

BCCode: 3b
BCP1: 00000000C0000005
BCP2: FFFFF88004BD9B7D
BCP3: 000000000000000
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1
please let me know (if you can) what program is causing this.

A:BSOD playing Skyrim

The blue screen was caused by DirectX, which could mean: 1. DirectX needs to be updated; 2. see Diagnosing basic problems with DirectX; or 3. your graphics card drivers are causing issues.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/204919-bsod-playing-skyrim.html
Relevancy 76.54%

Hi having a few problems with the above games resulting in either a BSOD or a black screen with wavy lines and then a very loud sound output requiring a hard boot via reset button I also get the occasional BSOD when the system is not being used I e I return to find a BSOD I have managed to obtain a crash dump for one of BSOD Apr but not for the Playing and Skyrim BSOD BF3 wavy BSOD Playing Skyrim and BF3 lines crash I have attached all the info required any help appreciated Jim System Spec System Scan XS Vengeance OS windows home premium bit CPU intel core i K mHz factory MBoard Asus P P Pro RAM GB Corsair DDR GPUs Xfired XFX HD GB Sound Creative SB X-Fi Titanium fatality Pro Monitor Dell U H x Boot Drive OCZ SSD VTXE G D Drive TB WD Caviar Black WD FAEX PSU Corsair HX Case Coolermaster HAF Fan Corsair H water cooled Keyboard Logitech G Mouse CM Storm Optical Is Windows - x -bit or x - the original installed OS on the system Yes - an OEM or full retail version OEM - OEM came pre-installed on system Yes - Full Retail you purchased it from retailer No - What is the age of system hardware nearly year - What is the age of OS installation have you re-installed the OS from factory Have had to run windows repair from the disk once

A:BSOD Playing Skyrim and BF3

Stop 0x124 is a hardware error.... if you are overclocking try resetting your processor to standard settings and see if that helps ... if you continue to get BSOD here are some more things you may want to consider ..

Quote:
Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try
Synopsis:

A "stop 0x124" is fundamentally different to many other types of bluescreens because it stems from a hardware complaint. Stop 0x124 minidumps contain very little practical information, and it is therefore necessary to approach the problem as a case of hardware in an unknown state of distress.
Generic "Stop 0x124" Troubleshooting Strategy:
1) Ensure that none of the hardware components are overclocked. Hardware that is driven beyond its design specifications - by overclocking - can malfunction in unpredictable ways.

2) Ensure that the machine is adequately cooled. If there is any doubt, open up the side of the PC case (be mindful of any relevant warranty conditions!) and point a mains fan squarely at the motherboard. That will rule out most (lack of) cooling issues.

3) Update all hardware-related drivers: video, sound, RAID (if any), NIC... anything that interacts with a piece of hardware. It is good practice to run the latest drivers anyway.

4) Update the motherboard BIOS according to the manufacturer's instructions. Their website should provide detailed instructions as to the brand and model-specific procedure.

5) Rarely, bugs in the OS may cause "false positive" 0x124 events where the hardware wasn't complaining but Windows thought otherwise (because of the bug). At the time of writing, Windows 7 is not known to suffer from any such defects, but it is nevertheless important to always keep Windows itself updated.

6) Attempt to (stress) test those hardware components which can be put through their paces artificially. The most obvious examples are the RAM and HDD(s). For the RAM, use the in-built memory diagnostics (run MDSCHED) or the 3rd-party memtest86 utility to run many hours worth of testing. For hard drives, check whether CHKDSK /R finds any problems on the drive(s), notably "bad sectors". Unreliable RAM, in particular, is deadly as far as software is concerned, and anything other than a 100% clear memory test result is cause for concern. Unfortunately, even a 100% clear result from the diagnostics utilities does not guarantee that the RAM is free from defects - only that none were encountered during the test passes.

7) As the last of the non-invasive troubleshooting steps, perform a "vanilla" reinstallation of Windows: just the OS itself without any additional applications, games, utilities, updates, or new drivers - NOTHING AT ALL that is not sourced from the Windows 7 disc. Should that fail to mitigate the 0x124 problem, jump to the next steps. Otherwise, if you run the "vanilla" installation long enough to convince yourself that not a single 0x124 crash has occurred, start installing updates and applications slowly, always pausing between successive additions long enough to get a feel for whether the machine is still free from 0x124 crashes. Should the crashing resume, obviously the very last software addition(s) may be somehow linked to the root cause.
If stop 0x124 errors persist despite the steps above, and the harware is under warranty, consider returning it and requesting a replacement which does not suffer periodic MCE events. Be aware that attempting the subsequent harware troubleshooting steps may, in some cases, void your warranty:
8) Clean and carefully remove any dust from the inside of the machine. Reseat all connectors and memory modules. Use a can of compressed air to clean out the RAM DIMM sockets as much as possible.

9) If all else fails, start removing items of hardware one-by-one in the hope that the culprit is something non-essential which can be removed. Obviously, this type of testing is a lot easier if you've got access to equivale... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/224464-bsod-playing-skyrim-bf3.html
Relevancy 76.54%

I keep getting the BSOD while playing skyrim and i've tried everything on the Steam support website including updating bios but i keep getting the blue screen. I don't know what the problem is now.

A:BSOD playing skyrim

Welcome aboard.

► Update your ATI Display Driver.

Code:
lmvm atikmpag
start end module name
fffff880`043a4000 fffff880`043fe000 atikmpag (deferred)
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\atikmpag.sys
Image name: atikmpag.sys
Timestamp: Fri Apr 06 06:40:44 2012 (4F7E4294)
CheckSum: 0005A52D
ImageSize: 0005A000
Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
► Remove all ASUS programs.

Code:
Start Menu\Programs\ASUS Public:Start Menu\Programs\ASUS Public
Start Menu\Programs\ASUS\AI Suite Public:Start Menu\Programs\ASUS\AI Suite Public
Start Menu\Programs\ASUS\ASUSUpdate Public:Start Menu\Programs\ASUS\ASUSUpdate Public
Start Menu\Programs\ASUS\EPU Public:Start Menu\Programs\ASUS\EPU Public
Start Menu\Programs\ASUS\PC Probe II Public:Start Menu\Programs\ASUS\PC Probe II Public
Start Menu\Programs\ASUS\TurboV EVO Public:Start Menu\Programs\ASUS\TurboV EVO Public
► Free up the startup.
Click on the Start button
Type “msconfig (without quotes), click the resulting link. It will open the System Configuration window.
Select the “Startup” tab.
Deselect all items other than the antivirus.
Apply > OK
Accept the restart.
► Update Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller Driver.

Code:
Driver c:\windows\system32\drivers\rt64win7.sys (7.46.610.2011, 526.60 KB (539,240 bytes), 6/10/2011 6:34 AM)
Get the update from Realtek.

Let us know the results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/258198-bsod-playing-skyrim.html
Relevancy 76.54%

it just recently started doing it not sure what the problem is
if anyone can help here is my minidump files please help!

Hello, T Soeung, I will see if I can help you. All of your dump files are the same.

Code:
BugCheck 116, {fffffa800c376010, fffff8800420b848, 0, 2}
Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\atikmpag.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atikmpag.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmpag.sys
Probably caused by : atikmpag.sys ( atikmpag+b848 )
Followup: MachineOwner
Info on that driver is

Code:
atikmpag
start end module name
fffff880`04200000 fffff880`04296000 atikmpag T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: atikmpag.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\atikmpag.sys
Image name: atikmpag.sys
Timestamp: Thu Nov 20 20:08:54 2014 (546E9EB6)
CheckSum: 00093077
ImageSize: 00096000
I can give you some specific instructions of how to update the driver. But, first please fill out your system specs. The driver listed is an AMD graphics driver, yet you are listing an Nvidia card. Please explain.
Please fill out your System Specs

Information
Your System Specs will help us to help you, and doing it in this manner will make them available to all helpers in every post and keep us from hunting for them. We ask that you fill them out in as much detail as possible including Desktop or Laptop, Model number if it is an OEM computer and all components with the Manufacturer and Model number if possible.

If you will go to your last post and click the 'System Specs' in the bottom left of the post, you will find a link to update your system specs. Please fill those out in as much detail as possible, making sure to click save at the bottom of the page. If you would like to know what we would like, you can click 'My System Specs' at the bottom left of this post to see mine. If you do not know what your components are, this will help you accomplish this task. System Info - See Your System Specs
I am also asking that this thread be moved to the BSOD area. In your next post please include the
Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/365556-bsod-playing-skyrim.html
Relevancy 76.54%

I have recently started playing Skyrim, and have run into two BSOD so far. It happens seemingly randomly while playing. I am also using a lot of mods for the game; not sure if that's important. Can anyone help me out?

Any thoughts?

I tried running sfc /scannow in elevated command prompt, and it said Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them. I attached the sfc scan log in a zip file.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/339281-bsod-playing-skyrim.html
Relevancy 76.54%

I am playing Skyrim and recently i've started adding mods through Nexus Mod Manager, the game crashed occasionally after playing long hours. Today I got a BSOD.

1. Uninstall kaspersky internet security 2012: Removal tool for Kaspersky Lab products (uninstall completely before going to next step)

2. Install: Microsoft Security Essentials - Free Antivirus for Windows

3. msconfig - boot faster and crash less.

1. Click on the Windows 7 start icon in the bottom left corner of your screen.

2. Type msconfig in the search box and then either press enter on your keyboard or double-click on the msconfig program that appears in the search results.

3. Windows 7 will launch Microsoft's System Configuration Utility. Click on the Startup tab.

4. This takes you to a page with a list of "startup items." Startup items are programs that are automatically loaded every time you turn on your computer. Some startup programs are absolutely necessary (Leave your Anti Virus Checked), others are simply a waste of RAM.

5. Click on the OK button.

6. A message will pop up telling you that you must restart your computer before these changes will take effect. Click on "Restart" and your computer will automatically reboot.

7. That's it! Your computer should now boot faster and crash less.

If you ever want to turn on any of the startup items you disabled with msconfig , just run msconfig again.

4. Scan for Spyware / Malware: Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware 1.62 - FileHippo.com (Full Scan)

Wait for a Bsod, report back if you need further assistance.

Thanks - Ant

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/248007-bsod-playing-skyrim.html
Relevancy 76.54%

playing skyrim then screen will black out or white out before BSOD
thought it was drivers so I removed and reinstalled still same issues.
any help will be much appreciated!

A:BSOD playing skyrim

Code:
BugCheck 116, {fffffa800796f160, fffff88003e0b848, 0, 2}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\atikmpag.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atikmpag.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmpag.sys
Probably caused by : atikmpag.sys ( atikmpag+b848 )

---------
Dont use a BETA display driver.

Uninstall the installed display driver using DDU. Then install the CCC 14.4 WHQL only.

When done, Stress test the Graphics Card using Furmark. Video Card - Stress Test with Furmark
Take a screenshot of the furmark window before closing it. Upload the screenshot for us. Also let us know if you have experienced any crash/BSOD and/or artifacts during the test.

Also let us know if you experience any BSOD other than in skyrim.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/365757-bsod-playing-skyrim.html
Relevancy 75.68%

Hi there,

My computer BSOD today while playing Skyrim. If it's possible I would like to know what caused it and how I can prevent it from happening again.

I also got a BSOD on the 6th although I cannot remember what I was doing when it happened. Any help with that would also be appreciated.

Please view System Spec on my profile for system information. [Edit: just noticed there's a little drop down arrow at the bottom left of this post... you can tell I'm new around here haha]

Thanks

Attachment 197507

A:BSOD while playing Skyrim SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

Crashes are inconclusive as to what the cause is

Code:
AODDriver2.sys Wed Jun 15 04:38:35 2011 (4DF86F8B)
Remove AMD Overdrive. It is known to cause problems

Quote:
AMD OverDrive (AODDriver2.sys) is either a stand-alone application, or a component of the AMD VISION Engine Control Center.
Please uninstall the AMD OverDrive program as it can cause BSOD's on your system.
If it's the stand-alone app, uninstall it via Control Panel...Programs...Uninstall a program
If it's in the AMD VISION Engine Control Center, you can uninstall it using the AMD uninstall tool (or uninstall the entire AMD VISION Engine Control Center application through Control Panel

If the device remains a problem in perfmon /report, open Device Manager, select the "View" item.
Then select "Show hidden devices" and scroll down to the Plug and Play Drivers section.
Locate the AODDriver entry, right click on it and select "Uninstall". Reboot for changes to take affect.

Code:
ctac32k.sys Wed Jul 02 04:38:22 2008 (486B3E7E)
Update your sound card drivers - Creative Worldwide Support

Code:
Rt64win7.sys Thu Feb 26 04:04:13 2009 (49A65B0D)
Update your Realtek drivers - Realtek
BSOD BUGCHECK SUMMARY

Code:

Built by: 7601.17640.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.110622-1506
Debug session time: Thu Feb 9 11:15:55.575 2012 (UTC - 5:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:25:15.027
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!ExFreePoolWithTag+43 )
EXCEPTION_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000005 - The instruction at 0x%08lx referenced memory at 0x%08lx. The memory could not be %s.
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x3B
PROCESS_NAME: TESV.exe
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x3B_nt!ExFreePoolWithTag+43
BiosReleaseDate = 05/28/2010
SystemManufacturer = Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
SystemProductName = GA-890GPA-UD3H
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Debug session time: Sun Feb 5 20:19:46.411 2012 (UTC - 5:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 4:21:43.863
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!PoIdle+52a )
EXCEPTION_CODE: (Win32) 0 (0) - The operation completed successfully.
ERROR_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0 - STATUS_WAIT_0
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x1E_0
PROCESS_NAME: System
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x1E_0_nt!PoIdle+52a
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/213304-bsod-while-playing-skyrim-system_service_exception.html
Relevancy 75.68%

this is the stop code that pops up when my computer crashes while on webcam

0x00000101
(0x0000000000000031,
0x0000000000000000,
0xFFFFF88002FD3180,
0x0000000000000003)

I have no idea what any of that means....and this is what I get when playing skyrim

I get an 0x124 stop code but I haven't gotten that in awhile

I don't know of any fixes so if someone knows of a fix I would be grateful....

A:BSOD playing skyrim and webcamming

We do need the DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.

If you are overclocking STOP
We could also use some system information, which you can get easily by running msinfo32.
To do that go to start>run>type msinfo32>enter

When it is finished running go to file>save>name it and upload to us here.
You may be able to get the DMP files without crashing by booting into safe mode (F8) with networking.

To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.

The procedure:

Quote:
* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
*If the files are too large please upload them to a file sharing service like "Rapidshare" and put a link to them in your reply.

To ensure minidumps are enabled:

Quote:
* Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
* Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
* Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
* Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
* Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
* OK your way out.
* Reboot if changes have been made.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/225687-bsod-playing-skyrim-webcamming.html
Relevancy 75.68%

- 64bit system
- windows 7 home premium
- OEM

- hardware is quite old not sure how old though
- 1-2 years

keeps on happening every time i play skyrim or any other game, i re-installed the hardware drivers for my graphics card but it still seems to happen

A:BSOD bccode 116 while playing skyrim

Quote: Originally Posted by xxbalthier

- 64bit system
- windows 7 home premium
- OEM

- hardware is quite old not sure how old though
- 1-2 years

keeps on happening every time i play skyrim or any other game, i re-installed the hardware drivers for my graphics card but it still seems to happen

"It's not a true crash, in the sense that the bluescreen was initiated only because the combination of video driver and video hardware was being unresponsive, and not because of any synchronous processing exception".

Since Vista, the "Timeout Detection and Recovery" (TDR) components of the OS video subsystem have been capable of doing some truly impressive things to try to recover from issues which would have caused earlier OSs like XP to crash.

As a last resort, the TDR subsystem sends the video driver a "please restart yourself now!" command and waits a few seconds.

If there's no response, the OS concludes that the video driver/hardware combo has truly collapsed in a heap, and it fires off that stop 0x116 BSOD.

If playing with video driver versions hasn't helped, make sure the box is not overheating.

Try removing a side panel and aiming a big mains fan straight at the motherboard and GPU.

Run it like that for a few hours or days - long enough to ascertain whether cooler temperatures make a difference.

If so, it might be as simple as dust buildup and subsequently inadequate cooling.

I would download cpu-z and gpu-z (both free) and keep an eye on the video temps Let us know if you need help STOP 0x116: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR troubleshooting

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/197170-bsod-bccode-116-while-playing-skyrim.html
Relevancy 75.68%

Hello everyone this is my first time posting here I just built my first computer a few weeks ago I've had a couple of BSOD so far I can't remember what I was doing Skyrim playing BSOD New while computer, on the first one but the latest one today was while playing Skyrim for about an hour During the BSOD it says New computer, BSOD while playing Skyrim quot WHEA uncorrectable error quot From what I can tell just from that it's likely a hardware problem so I'm afraid I New computer, BSOD while playing Skyrim may have done something wrong when I built it or when installing the drivers I downloaded BlueScreenView and tried using it to debug the minidump files and looks like it is saying there is a problem with hal dll and ntoskrnl exe but I couldn't really figure out what that means I attached the minidump files from the crashes following the forum guide hopefully correctly Thank you for any and all help System Specs Motherboard - MSI Z -GD Gaming CPU - Intel Core i - K Cooling - Corsair H i RAM - GB Corsair Vengeance - Gb sticks PSU - Corsair HX SSD Windows installed - Corsair Neutron GTX GB HDD - Western Digital TB Caviar Black Graphics Card - EVGA GeForce GTX w ACX cooler

A:New computer, BSOD while playing Skyrim

I'm sure there are many reasons for that error; however, you did not provide any system specs and, although some information can be extracted from the uploaded rar file, it would be to your benefit to fully disclose all your specs next time. Anyway, here is an example of how one forum member fixed their problem. Good luck.

Whea_uncorrectable_error

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/28162-new-computer-bsod-while-playing-skyrim.html
Relevancy 75.68%

Hello,

some times, when I play at World of Warcraft or Skyrim I get an IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD.
I have:
Windows 7 Professional 32bit
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU @ 2.40GHz
Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3 motherboard
4GB Micron 16HTF12864AY-667B3 RAM
ATI Radeon HD 5770
Realtek ALC885/889A/890 @ Intel 82801IB ICH9
I already tried to:
Update all available motherboard drivers;
Update graphic card and sound card drivers;
Run a memtest.
The problem is still here. I attach the last minidump file I got this morning.

Could someone help me to solve this problem?

Regards,
Lorenzo
Attachment 190606

A:BSOD playing WoW and Skyrim, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Quote: Originally Posted by LorenzoC

Hello,

some times, when I play at World of Warcraft or Skyrim I get an IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL BSOD.
I have:
Windows 7 Professional 32bit
Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Quad CPU @ 2.40GHz
Gigabyte GA-P35-DS3 motherboard
4GB Micron 16HTF12864AY-667B3 RAM
ATI Radeon HD 5770
Realtek ALC885/889A/890 @ Intel 82801IB ICH9
I already tried to:
Update all available motherboard drivers;
Update graphic card and sound card drivers;
Run a memtest.
The problem is still here. I attach the last minidump file I got this morning.

Could someone help me to solve this problem?

Regards,
Lorenzo
Attachment 190606

Old drivers

Code:
SSPORT.sys 11/21/2006 11:41:42 PM 0x95000000 0x95007000 0x00007000 0x4563d506
npf.sys 11/6/2007 3:09:15 PM 0xa0d57000 0xa0d5db00 0x00006b00 0x4730c9eb
WinRing0.sys 7/26/2008 8:25:10 AM 0xa5938000 0xa5939980 0x00001980 0x488b25b6
a5mmlyj9.SYS 3/21/2009 9:47:30 AM 0x94d0e000 0x94d46000 0x00038000 0x49c4fe02
ssmdrv.sys 5/5/2009 5:05:18 AM 0x9335f000 0x93364a00 0x00005a00 0x4a000f5e
L8042Kbd.sys 6/17/2009 11:50:16 AM 0x94cd4000 0x94cd7500 0x00003500 0x4a391ec8
How To Find Drivers:

Quote:
- search Google for the name of the driver
- compare the Google results with what's installed on your system to figure out which device/program it belongs to
- visit the web site of the manufacturer of the hardware/program to get the latest drivers (DON'T use Windows Update or the Update driver function of Device Manager).
- if there are difficulties in locating them, post back with questions and someone will try and help you locate the appropriate program.

- - The most common drivers are listed on this page: Driver Reference Driver Reference
- - Driver manufacturer links are on this page: Drivers and Downloads
Please run verifier to find which one is causing this

If you are overclocking anything reset to default before running these tests.
In other words STOP!!!

Driver verifier

Quote:
I'd suggest that you first backup your data and then make sure you've got access to another computer so you can contact us if problems arise. Then make a System Restore point (so you can restore the system using the Vista/Win7 Startup Repair feature).

In Windows 7 you can make a Startup Repair disk by going to Start....All Programs...Maintenance...Create a System Repair Disc - with Windows Vista you'll have to use your installation disk or the "Repair your computer" option at the top of the Safe Mode menu .

Then, here's the procedure:
- Go to Start and type in "verifier" (without the quotes) and press Enter
- Select "Create custom settings (for code developers)" and click "Next"
- Select "Select individual settings from a full list" and click "Next"
- Select everything EXCEPT FOR "Low Resource Simulation" and click "Next"
- Select "Select driver names from a list" and click "Next"
Then select all drivers NOT provided by Microsoft and click "Next"
- Select "Finish" on the next page.

Reboot the system and wait for it to crash to the Blue Screen. Continue to use your system normally, and if you know what causes the crash, do that repeatedly. The objective here is to get the system to crash because Driver Verifier is stressing the drivers out. If it doesn't crash for you, then let it run for at least 36 hours of continuous operation (an estimate on my part).

If you can't get into Windows because it crashes too soon, try it in Safe Mode.
If you can't get into Safe Mode, try using System Restore from your installation DVD to set the system back to the previous restore point... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/205375-bsod-playing-wow-skyrim-irql_not_less_or_equal.html
Relevancy 75.68%

Recently purchased Lenovo W540 workstation. Tested it after arrival for a couple days, didn't experience any problems. After reinstalling Windows 7 I've been experiencing varying BSOD. They have occurred while playing Skyrim, though this is the only GPU intensive task I've done on the machine.

A:Varying BSOD playing Skyrim

Code:
fffff880`0a3e31c0 00000000`00000000
fffff880`0a3e31c8 fffffa80`07fcd230
fffff880`0a3e31d0 fffff880`0f39d840*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
nvlddmkm+0xd0840
fffff880`0a3e31d8 fffff880`0f39d8c6 nvlddmkm+0xd08c6
fffff880`0a3e31e0 fffffa80`0cb90888
Uninstall the NVidia driver completely, then reinstall following the suggestions here:

NVIDIA Drivers - Avoid Problems

Monitor and advise us the situation.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/355338-varying-bsod-playing-skyrim.html
Relevancy 75.68%

Hey all need some advice to which direction I should go from here My laptop while playing games thus far has only happened in LoL and Skyrim will crash 0x00000116 LoL, Skyrim playing BSOD BCC after about - hours of game play The bug check code BSOD playing LoL, Skyrim BCC 0x00000116 is x and Blue Screen Viewer says it was caused by this driver quot dxgkrnl sys quot I believe that my video card is having issues but would just like to know if there's anything else I can verify before RMAing my system back to Clevo Upon getting the BSOD and noticing the dxgkrnl sys file Blue Screen viewer pointed to I updated both BSOD playing LoL, Skyrim BCC 0x00000116 my Direct X and nVidia drivers When I updated my nVidia driver I did a custom installation where I select the option to have the old driver completely removed before the new one installed After that I played around with a couple video card stress tests FurMark to stress the card and make sure I wasn't having heating issues - at max stress my card was around the - degree Celsius mark Tonight I'm going to run Memtest overnight and check out my RAM but I just don't want to overlook anything before sending it back Thanks in advance

A:BSOD playing LoL, Skyrim BCC 0x00000116

Hi mancowherd.

A stop 0x116 is a display/graphics related issue. The noticeable probable causes are
Overclocking.
Overheating
Dust allocation inside the computer
Power supply issue
Malfunctioning display driver
Failing GPU.
So first ou have to observe how it is running without overclocking any hardware viz. CPU, GPU and RAM. Set all them to default clock values.

Is the computer hot? Report us the heat of the computer after a couple of hours of your normal usage. Upload a screenshot of the summery tab of Speccy. Alternatively, you can publish a Speccy snapshot too: Speccy - Publish Snapshot of your System Specs .

Open the computer and clean all the air vents and fan grills so that it can blow the air out efficiently.

Check if the Power Supply Unit (PSU) supplying adequate power to the computer or not.
eXtreme Power Supply Calculator
Also let us know the wattage of the PSU.

How long you ran furmark? Did it show any artifacts? Or did it crash during the stress test?

Plus, at least as a test, install the NVIDIA DRIVERS 314.22WHQL only, as it is the most stable version of the display driver released lately.
Uninstall All nvidia items in Control Panel > Programs and features3D Vision Control Driver
3D Vision Driver
Graphics Driver
HD Audio Driver
PhysX
nvidia Update
(Are you using nvidia chipset drivers? If so, dont uninstall anything other than those are listed).
Now follow Drivers - Clean Left over Files after Uninstalling
Download 314.22 WHQL. While installing, Select Custom (Advanced) install. In the next page, follow this settings:
Let us know the results.

** Switchable graphics environment has some inherent drawback that it sometimes fail during switching graphics from the onboard to the dedicated and vice-versa. That is tough to get rid of. But if all the tests yield clear results, the situation my be narrowed down to it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/319031-bsod-playing-lol-skyrim-bcc-0x00000116.html
Relevancy 75.68%

Hello everyone, i had few BSOD's since yesterday while playing Skyrim, i restarted playing the game three days ago and yesterday it suddently started to crash and happenned 4-5 times atm.

i had the SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION BSOD last but before this i had also the BAD_POOL_HEADER BSOD error first.

i hope we will find a solution to my issue !
thanks for your help and time.

A:BSOD while playing Skyrim SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

Welcome to the forums Mfunn, I had a look through your files and a few thigs strike me right off the bat, First and fore most please uninstall daemon tools then download and run this tool:

DuplexSecure - Downloads

When the tool runs if the uninstall box is grayed out you are done and you can close out of the window, if not click uninstall and let the tool do its work. Do not click the install button as this will install a driver known to cause BSODs on to your computer.

Next please check and see if you can find any updates for your Graphics card driver you can check the manufacturere website for them: http://support.amd.com/us/Pages/AMDSupportHub.aspx
Last please see if you can find updates for your Marvell Yukon 88E8056 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller
which can be found here: Marvell - Support

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/279112-bsod-while-playing-skyrim-system_service_exception.html
Relevancy 75.68%

I just installed Skyrim lastnight and then all of a sudden today I got 0x0000001e and also 0x000000a

i thought it might be my video driver so i updated that, didn't work, thought it might be the mouse, uninstalled that, removed the adobe upate, kinda stuck now.
ill attach my dmp files.

A:BSOD 0X0000001E after playing Skyrim

my system specs
sony vaio vpcee22fx OS windows 7 home premium 64bit CPU amd turion p520 2.29ghz Motherboard N/A Memory 4gb Graphics Card(s) ati mobility radion 4200 Sound Card realtek high de

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/257549-bsod-0x0000001e-after-playing-skyrim.html
Relevancy 75.68%

sorry i forgot the eror 0x

just bought a new laptop and this problem happen recently

BSOD occur ones or twice a day while im playing dota 2 and it annoys me cause when i get back to the game im already abandon

please help me thanks

A:BSOD playing Dota2 and skyrim

I'm not quite sure what you've done to be honest, it looks like you've enabled your Intel 400 graphics and disabled your graphics card but the drivers for both are still installed.
Which are you planning on using?
Both display drivers are getting flagged so I need to know which one you are going to use...

Your USB 3.0 driver is causing issues, and it's outdated.

Code:
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for iusb3xhc.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for iusb3xhc.sys
iusb3xhc+0x549d3

Code:
fffff880`04cba000 fffff880`04d7e000 iusb3xhc T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: iusb3xhc.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\iusb3xhc.sys
Image name: iusb3xhc.sys
Timestamp: Fri Jan 27 09:35:28 2012 (4F226FE0)
CheckSum: 000C193B
ImageSize: 000C4000
Update your USB 3.0 extensible driver here

I've also noticed a few network related functions...

Code:
fffff800`00b9c4f0 fffff880`0177d6b0 tcpip!LruContext+0x4b0
fffff800`00b9c4f8 fffff880`014012b0 NETIO!WfpSysTimerCallback
fffff800`00b9c500 fffff880`0177d668 tcpip!LruContext+0x468
fffff800`00b9c508 fffff880`01787930 tcpip!gTupleState+0x4b0
fffff800`00b9c510 fffff880`014012b0 NETIO!WfpSysTimerCallback
fffff800`00b9c518 fffff880`017878e8 tcpip!gTupleState+0x468
fffff800`00b9c520 fffff880`0177c5f0 tcpip!LruContextLoose+0x4b0
fffff800`00b9c528 fffff880`014012b0 NETIO!WfpSysTimerCallback
fffff800`00b9c530 fffff880`0177c5a8 tcpip!LruContextLoose+0x468
fffff800`00b9c538 fffff880`0177b530 tcpip!endpointLruContext+0x4b0
fffff800`00b9c540 fffff880`014012b0 NETIO!WfpSysTimerCallback
fffff800`00b9c548 fffff880`0177b4e8 tcpip!endpointLruContext+0x468
Are you connecting wireless or hardwired?

Your Intel Centrino Wireless-N 135 Network Card driver are outdated and your Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller driver is outdated.

Update both of them.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/Default.aspx

http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/332057-bsod-playing-dota2-skyrim.html
Relevancy 75.68%

Hi, I've recently encountered a BSOD while playing Skyrim, the error is as follows: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (cdd.dll) Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

A:BSOD playing Skyrim, PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (cdd.dll)

These devices have problems in Device Manager:

Insyde Airplane Mode HID Mini-Driver ACPI\PNPC000\1 This device cannot start.

Not Available PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_5289&SUBSYS_35371558&REV_01\4&15592284&0&00E3 The drivers for this device are not installed.

Please download/install the latest, Win8.1 compatible driver for the first device from the manufacturer's website. The second device is most likely your Realtek PCIE CardReader (it is one of the first 3 PCIe drivers available from here: Realtek Try them all - one will work.)

Lot's of Live Kernel Events in the WER section of MSINFO32. This may hint at a hardware problem. Please do the following:
- open Event Viewer (run eventvwr.msc from the "Run" dialog))
- expand the Custom Views category (left click on the > next to the words "Custom Views")
- right click on Administrative Events
- select "Save all Events in Custom View as..."
- save the file as Admin.evtx
- zip up the file (right click on it, select "Send to", select "Compressed (zipped) folder")
- upload it with your next post (if it's too big, then upload it to a free file-hosting service and post a link here).

While waiting for a reply, please monitor your temps with this free utility: HWMonitor CPUID - System & hardware benchmark, monitoring, reporting

Most of the memory dumps blame your Intel graphics drivers.
Please:
- download a fresh copy of the latest, Win8.1 compatible Intel graphics drivers from the manufacturer's website
- uninstall the current Intel graphics drivers from your system
- install the freshly downloaded Intel graphics drivers
- monitor for further BSOD's

Please update these older drivers. Links are included to assist in looking up the source of the drivers. If unable to find an update, please remove (un-install) the program responsible for that driver. DO NOT manually delete/rename the driver as it may make the system unbootable! :

WinRing0x64.sys Sat Jul 26 09:29:37 2008 (488B26C1)
many different programs that center around the using of the WinRing libraries (RealTemp, Corsair Link2 (known BSOD issues w/Win8), Razer GameBooster, etc)
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=WinRing0x64.sys

Please note the drivers below that date from before the release of Windows 8.1 (17 Oct 2013) - check to see that each and every one is compatible w/Windows 8.1 (at the manufacturer's website). If not, you must either remove the device and it's software - or locate a Windows 8.1 compatible update on the web.

If all of this doesn't stop the BSOD's, please run Driver Verifier according to these instructions: Driver Verifier Settings

Analysis:
The following is for informational purposes only.

Code:
**************************Thu Dec 12 21:20:40.065 2013 (UTC - 5:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\John\SysnativeBSODApps\121213-17578-01.dmp]
Windows 8 Kernel Version 9600 MP (8 procs) Free x64
Built by: 9600.16422.amd64fre.winblue_gdr.131006-1505
System Uptime:1 days 2:24:05.788
*** WARNING: Unable to verify checksum for cdd.dll
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for cdd.dll
Probably caused by :cdd.dll ( cdd+8e43 )
BugCheck 50, {fffff90143510b08, 0, fffff9600096de43, 0}
BugCheck Info: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (50)
Arguments:
Arg1: fffff90143510b08, memory referenced.
Arg2: 0000000000000000, value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation.
Arg3: fffff9600096de43, If non-zero, the instruction address which referenced the bad memory
address.
Arg4: 0000000000000000, (reserved)
BUGCHECK_STR: AV
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN8_DRIVER_FAULT
PROCESS_NAME: TESV.exe
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: AV_cdd+8e43
CPUID: "Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-4700MQ CPU @ 2.40GHz"
MaxSpeed: 2400
CurrentSpeed: 2394
BIOS Version 4.6.5
BIOS Release Date 08/16/2013
Manufacturer Noteb... Read more

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/37138-bsod-playing-skyrim-page_fault_in_nonpaged_area-cdd-dll.html
Relevancy 75.68%

Hello, i recently started to play minecraft again (ftb monster to be precise) but i get BSOD after playing for an extended period of time (often 1 or 2 hour). I attached the 2 dump file to this post.
I would also like to know if java can be the cause of this because i recently updated it and i think it began to bug the same day.
Thank you.
Have a good day.

EDIT : if it has an importance i use japanese language for non unicode programs because i play many touhou game

A:BSOD playing minecraft (problem come from ntoskrnl.exe)

Hi biggs223.

Install Intel? Iris? and HD graphics Driver for Windows* 7.

Also, Is the computer hot while it is crashing? Report us the heat of the computer after a couple of hours of your normal usage. Upload a screenshot of the summery tab of Speccy. Alternatively, you can publish a Speccy snapshot too: Speccy - Publish Snapshot of your System Specs .

Let us know the results.

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck A, {0, 2, 0, fffff800030e1e52}

Probably caused by : dxgmms1.sys ( dxgmms1!VidMmiProcessTerminationCommand+5f )

---------

1: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (a)
An attempt was made to access a pageable (or completely invalid) address at an
interrupt request level (IRQL) that is too high. This is usually
caused by drivers using improper addresses.
If a kernel debugger is available get the stack backtrace.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000000, memory referenced
Arg2: 0000000000000002, IRQL
Arg3: 0000000000000000, bitfield :
bit 0 : value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation
bit 3 : value 0 = not an execute operation, 1 = execute operation (only on chips which support this level of status)
Arg4: fffff800030e1e52, address which referenced memory

Debugging Details:
------------------
READ_ADDRESS: GetPointerFromAddress: unable to read from fffff80003313100
GetUlongFromAddress: unable to read from fffff800033131c0
0000000000000000 Nonpaged pool

CURRENT_IRQL: 2

FAULTING_IP:
nt!KiSignalSynchronizationObject+42
fffff800`030e1e52 488b3f mov rdi,qword ptr [rdi]

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN7_DRIVER_FAULT

BUGCHECK_STR: 0xA

ANALYSIS_VERSION: 6.3.9600.16384 (debuggers(dbg).130821-1623) amd64fre

TRAP_FRAME: fffff8800853a8c0 -- (.trap 0xfffff8800853a8c0)
NOTE: The trap frame does not contain all registers.
Some register values may be zeroed or incorrect.
rax=0000000000000002 rbx=0000000000000000 rcx=fffff880009c0180
rdx=fffffa800ac13b40 rsi=0000000000000000 rdi=0000000000000000
rip=fffff800030e1e52 rsp=fffff8800853aa50 rbp=0000000000000000
r8=0000000000000000 r9=fffffa800a428c40 r10=fffffa800a428c40
r11=fffff8800853aae0 r12=0000000000000000 r13=0000000000000000
r14=0000000000000000 r15=0000000000000000
iopl=0 nv up ei pl nz ac po cy
nt!KiSignalSynchronizationObject+0x42:
fffff800`030e1e52 488b3f mov rdi,qword ptr [rdi] ds:00000000`00000000=????????????????
Resetting default scope

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from fffff800030db169 to fffff800030dbbc0

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`0853a778 fffff800`030db169 : 00000000`0000000a 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000002 00000000`00000000 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`0853a780 fffff800`030d9de0 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 fffff8a0`06f728f8 fffffa80`0ac13b48 : nt!KiBugCheckDispatch+0x69
fffff880`0853a8c0 fffff800`030e1e52 : fffffa80`0ac13ad0 fffffa80`0a3f8010 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`0aa12570 : nt!KiPageFault+0x260
fffff880`0853aa50 fffff800`030e0256 : 00000000`00000000 fffff880`101921d8 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`0a3f8010 : nt!KiSignalSynchronizationObject+0x42
fffff880`0853aaa0 fffff880`101a247... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/334377-bsod-playing-minecraft-problem-come-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Is Windows 7 . . . - x86 (32-bit) or x64 ? x64
- the original installed OS on the system? Yes
- an OEM or full retail version? OEM
- What is the age of system (hardware)? Less than a month (Time i've had it anyway)
- What is the age of OS installation? have not reinstalled

Sometimes I will get BSOD's and other times I will get unexpected I/O errors from any program
That is running (wmplayer.exe, explorer.exe, various system EXE's) and then the system will just
auto restart and not actually crash.
Attachment 194972

A:BSOD playing Skyrim, error 0x0000007A

Quote: Originally Posted by Zeybrin

Is Windows 7 . . . - x86 (32-bit) or x64 ? x64
- What is the age of system (hardware)? Less than a month (Time i've had it anyway)
- What is the age of OS installation? have not reinstalled

Sometimes I will get BSOD's and other times I will get unexpected I/O errors from any program
That is running (wmplayer.exe, explorer.exe, various system EXE's) and then the system will just
auto restart and not actually crash.

We do need the DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.

You may be able to get the DMP files without crashing by booting into safe mode (F8) with networking.

To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.

The procedure:

Quote:
* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
*If the files are too large please upload them to a file sharing service like "Rapidshare" and put a link to them in your reply.

Quote:
* Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
* OK your way out.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/210587-bsod-playing-skyrim-error-0x0000007a.html
Relevancy 74.82%

I was playing Skyrim when it first blue screened. Soon after, it blue screened when browsing. Now, it is blue screening over and over again on start up.

Any help would be awesome, thanks.

--------------

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 1e
BCP1: FFFFFFFFC0000005
BCP2: FFFFF80002C93D91
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\112611-13868-01.dmp
C:\Users\Brett\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-22432-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
Windows 7 Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt
--------------

System Specs

Windows 7, 64 bit
Original OS, Vista
Full Retial

Age of System/(Hardware)
3 Years
Age of OS installation
1 Year

--------------

System Health Report
file:///C:/Users/Brett/Documents/perfmonreport.html

--------------

Dump Attacted

A:BSOD Started When Playing Skyrim, now on startup.

Appears to be an issue with DirectX, which could be the DirectX driver is not up to date or your graphics driver is having issues. First try updating DirectX.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/199446-bsod-started-when-playing-skyrim-now-startup.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Windows 7 pro x64
OEM o/s reinstalled once on H/D upgrade 6 months ago.
PC hardware only 11 months old.
BSOD while playing Skyrim, most other games crash to desk top.
All help greatly appreciated, am a bit of a noob at this sort of thing, so please keep that in mind.

A:BSOD playing Skyrim, error code 116

I note you do not have an antivirus or windows updates enabled. Do you have Windows Update at least let you know when an update is available to download so you can decide to download it? You should use Windows Update at the very least to keep your drivers up to date and install important updates (security updates, for example).

As for the antivirus, I would suggest Microsoft Security Essentials coupled with the free version of Malwarebytes, both of which are free and will help keep your system from getting viruses or malware that can compromise performance and security.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/198435-bsod-playing-skyrim-error-code-116-a.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Hi Guys I am by no means a computer expert so please bear with me here I recently purchased all the necessary parts for my new computer and had it built by a friend and Skyrim BSOD Playing Idle, errors various who has done various builds for me in the past I have been getting frequent BSODs At first I thought it was related entirely to Skyrim but BSOD Playing Skyrim and Idle, various errors I have also had a BSOD while burning a DVD BSOD Playing Skyrim and Idle, various errors and at idle My system specs are as follows Intel i k Asus P Z -V Asus Gtx gb Corsair Vegeance LP mhz x Corsair Series GB SSD Thermaltake TR Watt PS Windows Ultimate x It is a retail version of Windows and everything is brand new I have done the following Malware test using Malwarebyte's Anti-Malware and have found nothing Uniblue DriverScanner is showing all drivers up to date I ran Prime and had no issues temps stayed normal I ran FurMarks and had no issues again normal temps I BSOD Playing Skyrim and Idle, various errors ran MemTest and the RAM passed without issue I used HD Tune on the SSD and there also did not appear to be any problems I have disabled Avira AV and still have the BSOD I updated the firmware on my SSD I updated by bios I have installed uninstalled and reinstalled by GFX drivers Nothing appears to be working and I would really like to get this issue resolved as soon as possible Fortunately since I just bought the parts at a local computer store I can return them for a direct swap if one of the parts is the issue I have attached the memory dumps Hopefully a RAR is okay Thanks in advance for all the help

A:BSOD Playing Skyrim and Idle, various errors

Appears to be related to your OS

Please run a system file check to verify and repair it

Run a system file check to verify and repair your system files.
To do this type cmd in search, then right click to run as administrator, then
SFC /SCANNOW

It may need to be run up to three times before sucessful

Read here for more information SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

Let us know the results from the report at the end.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/197250-bsod-playing-skyrim-idle-various-errors.html
Relevancy 74.82%

I am seeing different errors pop up

irql_not_less_or_equal
system_service_exception
driver_overran_stack_buffer

A while back I was having problems like this. Nothing suggested ever resolved it but it just stopped and everything has been for for a long time now. Until this week.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

A:BSOD playing Skyrim - various errors and stops

Actually don't worry about it guys. I think I'm going to have to bite the bullet and replace my motherboard, CPU and GPU. I have found many posts on the internet from people with the same motherboard and CPU having the same exact problems all unsolved. I think the GPU maybe has issues now because what all the crashes have done to the computer stress wise. I have often seen after a crash the screen saying over temperature error. So I have effectively cooked my computer I guess.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/350647-bsod-playing-skyrim-various-errors-stops.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Hello.

So i have my pc for about 7-9 Months now ,it ran fine and didnt really have problems with it.I have been playing a game (Skyrim) for 2 weeks now the 1st week it ran very smoothly and my computer never crashed but this changed the 2nd week,now when i start the game i get BSOD after playing for like 5-10 mins and this is very frustrating because i love this game and really dont want to lose my progress.

The bsods were mostly cause by the driver ''nstoskrnl..exe''(mostly)

others crashes (only 1 time)
discache.sys
NDproxy.SYS
Ntfs.sys

My computer stats:
Windows 7 Home premium 64 bits
Bios date:09/08/10
Processor:AMD Athlon(tm) II x635 Processpr (4 CPUs) , ~ 2,9 GHz
Memory:4069 MB RAM

dumps
Attachment 213176
Health report:
Attachment 213178

A:Playing Skyrim,Now getting random BSOD (Serious crashes)

Can anybody help ?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/231236-playing-skyrim-now-getting-random-bsod-serious-crashes.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Hi, Have recently had a few issues with BSOD's, The most recent one playing Skyrim. Other times from simple things as exiting Windows Media Player, Or just browsing the internet, I've tried following instructions for posting here, Hopefully I've got them correct.

Hopefully someone here could shed some light on why this is happening ,I've done a fair bit of reading and can't seem to find anything.

Thanks in advance, Mouzi.

Is Windows 7 . . .
- x86 (32-bit) or x64 ? 64 Bit

- What is the age of system (hardware)? Under 3 months.
- What is the age of OS installation (have you re-installed the OS?) 3 days, Recently re-installed BSOD before and after install.

Attachment 200882

A:BSOD Playing Skyrim - And During Other Random Events

Shameless self bump out of desperation
Can anyone look at the logs and tell me which driver is causing this?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/217086-bsod-playing-skyrim-during-other-random-events.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Hey all long time reader browser first time register and poster I had a BSOD playing Skyrim I have a feeling it has to do with my software but I'd like a little direction in debugging Crash report is as follows Quote Additional information about the problem BCCode e BCP FFFFFFFFC BCP FFFFF D BCP FFFFF DE BCP FFFFF DE D OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users User AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml Read our privacy statement online Windows Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows If the online privacy statement is not available please read our privacy statement offline C BCC code Playing 1000007e BSOD While Skyrim, Windows system en-US erofflps txt Attached necessary files Running Windows x on SSD OEM gb ram gtx AMD phenom x t overclocked to hz - stable Been running on above specs for about a year purchased the PC a year ago SSD added in later on used Paragon Migrate to SSD software to copy over my OS Thanks for the help Shazbot

A:BSOD While Playing Skyrim, BCC code 1000007e

Hello there Shazbot,

These crashes were caused by memory corruption/exception (Cx05) probably a driver.
Please run these two tests to verify your memory and find which driver is causing the problem.

* If you are overclocking anything reset to default before running these tests.
In other words STOP!!!

* If you have a Raid update its Driver.

Memtest.

Quote:
*Download a copy of Memtest86 and burn the ISO to a CD using Iso Recorder or another ISO burning program. Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

*Boot from the CD, and leave it running for at least 5-7 passes.

Just remember, any time Memtest reports errors, it can be either bad RAM or a bad motherboard slot.

Test the sticks individually, and if you find a good one, test it in all slots.

Any errors are indicative of a memory problem.

If a known good stick fails in a motherboard slot it is probably the slot.

RAM - Test with Memtest86+
Driver Verifier

Quote:
Using Driver Verifier is an iffy proposition.
Most times it'll crash and it'll tell you what the driver is.
But sometimes it'll crash and won't tell you the driver.
Other times it'll crash before you can log in to Windows.
If you can't get to Safe Mode, then you'll have to resort to offline editing of the registry to disable Driver Verifier.

I'd suggest that you first backup your stuff and then make sure you've got access to another computer so you can contact us if problems arise.
Then make a System Restore point (so you can restore the system using the Vista/Win7 Startup Repair feature).

In Windows 7 you can make a Startup Repair disk by going to Start....All Programs...Maintenance...Create a System Repair Disc - with Windows Vista you'll have to use your installation disk or the "Repair your computer" option at the top of the Safe Mode menu .

- Select everything EXCEPT FOR "Low Resource Simulation" and click "Next"
NOTE: You can use Low Resource Simulation if you'd like.
From my limited experimentation it makes the BSOD's come faster.

If you are using win 8 add these
- Concurrency Stress Test
- DDI compliance checking

Reboot the system and wait for it to crash to the Blue Screen.
Continue to use your system normally, and if you know what causes the crash, do that repeatedly.
The objective here is to get the system to crash because Driver Verifier is stressing the drivers out.
If it doesn't crash for you, then let it run for at least 36 hours of continuous operation

Reboot into Windows (after the crash) and turn off Driver Verifier by going back in and selecting "Delete existing settings" on the first page, then locate and zip up the memory dump file and upload it with your next post.
If you can't get into Safe Mode, try using System Restore from your installation DVD to set the system back to the previous restore point that you created.

Thanks to JGriff2 & Usasma.

Using Driver Verifier to identify issues with Windows drivers for advanced users

Driver Verifier

Using Driver Verifier (Windows Drivers)

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/228363-bsod-while-playing-skyrim-bcc-code-1000007e.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Hello.

So i have my pc for about 7-9 Months now ,it ran fine and didnt really have problems with it.I have been playing a game (Skyrim) for 2 weeks now the 1st week it ran very smoothly and my computer never crashed but this changed the 2nd week,now when i start the game i get BSOD after playing for like 5-10 mins and this is very frustrating because i love this game and really dont want to lose my progress.

The bsods were mostly cause by the driver ''nstoskrnl..exe''(mostly)

others crashes (only 1 time)
discache.sys
NDproxy.SYS
Ntfs.sys

My computer stats:
Windows 7 Home premium 64 bits
Bios date:09/08/10
Processor:AMD Athlon(tm) II x635 Processpr (4 CPUs) , ~ 2,9 GHz
Memory:4069 MB RAM
Dumps and health report:
Windows_NT6_BSOD_jcgriff2.zip

skyrim.zip

A:Playing Skyrim,Now getting random BSOD (Serious crashes)

Can anybody help please?

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/playing-skyrim-now-getting-random-bsod-serious-crashes-646980.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Hello!

After experiencing a lot of random BSODs in the last few months, I decided to clean install my OS.
But after 15min playing Skyrim, I just got my first BSOD..

Help me plz

PS: I followed the instruction to post dump file, I hope i did it right.
PS2: I already try a memory test (MemTest86) and got no result

Thanks,

Tonio

A:BSOD playing Skyrim, error 0x0000001A

Here are the new BSOD...

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/368330-bsod-playing-skyrim-error-0x0000001a.html
Relevancy 74.82%

OS Windows x Original OS Windows x OS Age month did a fresh reformat -Windows is OEM -Computer hardware age is around year I have been experiencing kernel crashes at varying frequency memtest was run for a full day and no errors were detected a graphics card burn in test was BSOD playing games, while (skyrim, online, certain eve LoL) conducted BSOD while playing certain games, (skyrim, eve online, LoL) and nothing appeared to be amiss and a CPU BSOD while playing certain games, (skyrim, eve online, LoL) stress test revealed no problems with the system The general common error code is as follows This was probably caused by the following module ntoskrnl exe nt x CC Bugcheck code xF x xFFFFFA BAF C xFFFFFA BAF BA xFFFFF F D B Error CRITICAL OBJECT TERMINATION file path C Windows system ntoskrnl exe product Microsoft Windows Operating System company Microsoft Corporation description NT Kernel amp System Bug check description This indicates that a process or thread crucial to system operation has unexpectedly exited or been terminated This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem The crash took place in the Windows kernel Possibly this problem is caused by another driver which cannot be identified at this time

A:BSOD while playing certain games, (skyrim, eve online, LoL)

Hi.

All the minidumps points to CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION (f4)

BSOD Index

Also is a good idea to download,install update and full scan with Malwarebytes.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/202516-bsod-while-playing-certain-games-skyrim-eve-online-lol.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Hello

This happens a fair bit whilst playing Skyrim. Any help is appreciated

A:BSOD playing Skyrim, error 0x0000003B

Code:

Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.12.0002.633 AMD64
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

Loading Dump File [J:\BSODDmpFiles\Milamber\Windows_NT6_BSOD_jcgriff2\012412-10202-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

Symbol search path is: SRV*c:\users\mike\documents\symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7601 (Service Pack 1) MP (4 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`03400000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`03645670
Debug session time: Mon Jan 23 15:57:08.714 2012 (UTC - 7:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 1:49:14.869
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff80003481faa, fffff8800f0affd0, 0}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KiCommitThreadWait+24a )

---------

* Bugcheck Analysis *

SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3b)
An exception happened while executing a system service routine.
Arguments:
Arg1: 00000000c0000005, Exception code that caused the bugcheck
Arg2: fffff80003481faa, Address of the instruction which caused the bugcheck
Arg3: fffff8800f0affd0, Address of the context record for the exception that caused the bugcheck
Arg4: 0000000000000000, zero.

Debugging Details:
------------------

EXCEPTION_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000005 - The instruction at 0x%08lx referenced memory at 0x%08lx. The memory could not be %s.

FAULTING_IP:
nt!KiCommitThreadWait+24a
fffff800`03481faa f00fba2e07 lock bts dword ptr [rsi],7

CONTEXT: fffff8800f0affd0 -- (.cxr 0xfffff8800f0affd0)
rax=000007fffffae000 rbx=fffffa8013419790 rcx=fffff8800f0b0970
rdx=00000000000007ff rsi=00fffa0013419850 rdi=0000000000000102
rip=fffff80003481faa rsp=fffff8800f0b09b0 rbp=0000000000000000
r8=fffffa8011bd8bb8 r9=0000000000000000 r10=fffffffffffffffd
r11=0000000000000000 r12=0000000000000000 r13=0000000000000000
r14=0000000000000000 r15=fffff78000000008
iopl=0 nv up ei ng nz na pe cy
cs=0010 ss=0018 ds=002b es=002b fs=0053 gs=002b efl=00010283
nt!KiCommitThreadWait+0x24a:
fffff800`03481faa f00fba2e07 lock bts dword ptr [rsi],7 ds:002b:00fffa00`13419850=????????
Resetting default scope

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT

PROCESS_NAME: svchost.exe

CURRENT_IRQL: 2

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from 0000000000000000 to fffff80003481faa

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`0f0b09b0 00000000`00000000 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiCommitThreadWait+0x24a

FOLLOWUP_IP:
nt!KiCommitThreadWait+24a
fffff800`03481faa f00fba2e07 lock bts dword ptr [rsi],7

SYMBOL_STACK_INDEX: 0

S... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/210191-bsod-playing-skyrim-error-0x0000003b.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Problem signature:
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1054

BCCode: 116
BCP1: 87297510
BCP2: 94759ACE
BCP3: 00000000
BCP4: 0000000D

After a few crash, when I try to boot win7 again it sometime crash with out any action
,I can play this game and many game before this crash happen.

sorry for my bad english T_T

FYI
My PC Spec:
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.40 GHz
Ram 4 GB
Graphic card: Nvdia 8800 GT

I try to format it, Update my Graphic driver,reinstall my Ram and my Graphic card and also reinstall the game but the issue still happen

A:BSOD playing Skyrim and other graphic applications

Two issues.

1- Bug check 116 (read below)

2-asacpi.sys (yours from 2004)

Asacpi.sys

The pre 2009 version of this driver is a known BSOD cause.

Quote:
Please visit this link: Asus tek computer inc. -support- drivers and download p7p55d le

ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download P7P55D LE
ASUSTeK Computer Inc. - Motherboards- ASUS P5K-VM

Scroll down to the utilities category, then scroll down to the "atk0110 driver for windowsxp/vista/windows 7 32&64-bit" (it's about the 12th item down).

Download and install it.

Go to c:\windows\system32\drivers to check and make sure that the asacpi.sys file is date stamped from 2009 or 2010 (not before).

Quote:
"It's not a true crash, in the sense that the bluescreen was initiated only because the combination of video driver and video hardware was being unresponsive, and not because of any synchronous processing exception".

Since Vista, the "Timeout Detection and Recovery" (TDR) components of the OS video subsystem have been capable of doing some truly impressive things to try to recover from issues which would have caused earlier OSs like XP to crash.

As a last resort, the TDR subsystem sends the video driver a "please restart yourself now!" command and waits a few seconds.

If there's no response, the OS concludes that the video driver/hardware combo has truly collapsed in a heap, and it fires off that stop 0x116 BSOD.

If playing with video driver versions hasn't helped, make sure the box is not overheating.

Try removing a side panel and aiming a big mains fan straight at the motherboard and GPU.

Run it like that for a few hours or days - long enough to ascertain whether cooler temperatures make a difference.

If so, it might be as simple as dust buildup and subsequently inadequate cooling.

I would download cpu-z and gpu-z (both free) and keep an eye on the video temps

STOP 0x116: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR troubleshooting

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/223523-bsod-playing-skyrim-other-graphic-applications.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Hello! So I've been getting these BSODs for the past month only while playing games like World of Warcraft and Skyrim. I've tried updating my video card drivers, BIOS, Windows update, scan for viruses. I've even bought new RAM. I thought my video card (Nvidia Geforce GT 240) was dying so I went and bought a new AMD Radeon HD 7850 video card in hopes of fixing my problem. No dice! So before I go and built a new computer from the ground up, can you guys help me fix this problem? I am not good with computers so I've searched the internet for an answer but no luck.

Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Edit: BSODs are usually SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION errors but there are some others.

A:BSOD while playing games, WorldofWarcraft, skyrim

Bumping for help or advice. Please!

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/278745-bsod-while-playing-games-worldofwarcraft-skyrim.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Hi there i have a serious problem with my new computer when i play games like Skyrim my computer crashes after like - minutes game freezes then sound freezes then he reboots here my computer secs Computer Betriebssystem Windows Ultimate Media Center Edition OS Service Pack - DirectX DirectX c Motherboard CPU Typ x MHz Motherboard Name BSOD Skyrim, 0x00000116 playing error Unbekannt Motherboard Chipsatz Unbekannt Arbeitsspeicher MB BIOS Typ Unbekannt Anschl sse COM und LPT Communications Port COM Anzeige Grafikkarte GeForce GTX Grafikkarte GeForce GTX here is my dumpfile of the crash Dump File - - dmp Crash Time Bug Check String Bug Check BSOD playing Skyrim, error 0x00000116 Code x Parameter fffffa d a e Parameter fffff f c d Parameter Parameter Caused By Driver dxgkrnl sys Caused By Address dxgkrnl sys d File Description Product Name Company File Version Processor x Crash Address ntoskrnl exe f c Stack Address Stack Address Stack Address Computer Name Full Path C Windows Minidump - - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File Size my drivers are up to date nvidia amp directx can anyone help me please

A:BSOD playing Skyrim, error 0x00000116

Before posting a BSOD thread, please read the instructions here: Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

If you need to add new information like the dump files, please make a new post in your initial BSOD thread. Please do not make an extra new thread.

Here's the troubleshooting guide for STOP 0x116 errors (like you are having): STOP 0x116: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR troubleshooting

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/239878-bsod-playing-skyrim-error-0x00000116.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Problem signature:
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033
BCCode: 3b
BCP1: 00000000C0000005
BCP2: FFFFF9600019C302
BCP3: FFFFF8800957EF10
BCP4: 0000000000000000

Keep crashing during Skyrim. Other games seem to work fine. Whocrash thinks it maybe USB 3.0.

A:BSOD playing Skyrim, error 0x0000003b

sorry, couldn't get .zip to work, heres the file

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/316916-bsod-playing-skyrim-error-0x0000003b.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Hi I got a new tower a few days ago had no issue with it for a few days then spontaneously I started getting BSOD It started while playing Skyrim but now they can happen as frequently as five 2 or Skyrim randomly, often Witcher while playing BSOD minutes of use or several hours of use WhoCrashed only recorded one even though i've had multiple On Wed AM GMT BSOD randomly, often while playing Witcher 2 or Skyrim your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows memory dmp This was probably caused by the following module Unknown Bugcheck code xC xFFFFF B F xFFFFF B x B x Error SPECIAL POOL DETECTED MEMORY CORRUPTION Bug check description This indicates that the driver BSOD randomly, often while playing Witcher 2 or Skyrim wrote to an invalid section of the special pool This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem A third party driver was identified as the probable root cause of this system error It is suggested you look for an update for the following driver Unknown Google query Unknown SPECIAL POOL DETECTED MEMORY CORRUPTION Attached is my msinfo and minidump logs Any help is appreciated BSOD randomly, often while playing Witcher 2 or Skyrim Thank you

A:BSOD randomly, often while playing Witcher 2 or Skyrim

We would prefer that you follow the http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html to help us help you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/238498-bsod-randomly-often-while-playing-witcher-2-skyrim.html
Relevancy 74.82%

Hello,
I have been BSOD free since March 2014. Now while I was in the skills menu of Skyrim and playing music on Zune's software, my computer crashed for no reason. I have replaced the motherboard on this system from the last diagnoses from this site. I am now at a loss of ideas what this could be since I have tested all other components to this system already and all of them passed their tests. Attached is the SF Diagnostic tool results.

A:BSOD playing Skyrim, error 0x0000007f

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

UNEXPECTED_KERNEL_MODE_TRAP (7f)
This means a trap occurred in kernel mode, and it's a trap of a kind
that the kernel isn't allowed to have/catch (bound trap) or that
is always instant death (double fault). The first number in the
bugcheck params is the number of the trap (8 = double fault, etc)
Consult an Intel x86 family manual to learn more about what these
traps are. Here is a *portion* of those codes:
If kv shows a taskGate
use .tss on the part before the colon, then kv.
Else if kv shows a trapframe
use .trap on that value
Else
.trap on the appropriate frame will show where the trap was taken
(on x86, this will be the ebp that goes with the procedure KiTrap)
Okay so thats complicated let me break it down.

Quote:

This error message can occur if either of the following conditions exists:
Your computer has hardware or software problems (hardware failure is the most common cause).
You try to over clock the speed of your computer's processor (for example, you set a 150 MhZ processor to run at 187 MhZ).
The above STOP error means a trap occurred in kernel mode and the trap is either one the kernel is not allowed to have or is always fatal.

The most common causes of a STOP 0x7F are:
Low-level hardware corruption, such as corrupt memory (RAM)
Mismatched memory modules
A malfunctioning motherboard

If you are overclocking please return the values back to stock speeds.

Also i would like you to run MEMTEST86+

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/338046-bsod-playing-skyrim-error-0x0000007f.html
Relevancy 74.39%

Hi everyone,

Hopefully I've uploaded everything correctly. I've been having fairly regular problems while playing Skyrim, sometimes BSOD (with different error codes), sometimes freezing, and sometimes crashes that return me to the desktop.

The computer has been reasonably stable otherwise.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

A:BSOD while playing Skyrim, multiple error codes

Hey there,

Uninstall Clone CD/DVD

Code:
1: kd> lmvm elbycdio
start end module name
fffff800`01de6000 fffff800`01df2000 ElbyCDIO (deferred)
Image path: \SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\ElbyCDIO.sys
Image name: ElbyCDIO.sys
Timestamp: Thu Dec 16 17:58:13 2010 (4D0A9985)
CheckSum: 0000C8ED
ImageSize: 0000C000

Uninstall or update VirtualCloneDrive:

Code:
2: kd> lmvm vclone
start end module name
fffff800`046ad000 fffff800`046bc000 VClone (deferred)
Image path: \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\VClone.sys
Image name: VClone.sys
Timestamp: Sat Jan 15 11:21:04 2011 (4D31C970)
CheckSum: 0000CF5B
ImageSize: 0000F000

Code:
2: kd> lmvm NTIDrvr
start end module name
fffff800`0374f000 fffff800`03757000 NTIDrvr (deferred)
Image path: \??\C:\Windows\system32\drivers\NTIDrvr.sys
Image name: NTIDrvr.sys
Timestamp: Mon Apr 19 21:37:59 2010 (4BCD0577)
CheckSum: 0000F076
ImageSize: 00008000

Issues surely come from this driver you are using for your game pad. I recommend Logitech Rumblepad II instead. With proper files, it can act like a 360 controller (or live) for any game, and is great and feels great. Update if possible but better to uninstall:

Code:
1: kd> lmvm xusb21
start end module name
fffff800`0446b000 fffff800`0447bd80 xusb21 (deferred)
Image path: \SystemRoot\System32\drivers\xusb21.sys
Image name: xusb21.sys
Timestamp: Wed Apr 08 10:28:44 2009 (49DCB49C)
CheckSum: 00014BBB
ImageSize: 00010D80

Update Apple software that owns this driver:

Code:
1: kd> lmvm applebmt
start end module name
fffff800`03ea1000 fffff800`03eb4000 applebmt (deferred)
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\applebmt.sys
Image name: applebmt.sys
Timestamp: Wed May 25 03:25:06 2011 (4DDCAED2)
CheckSum: 00014242
ImageSize: 00013000

Uninstall software that owns this driver:

Code:
2: kd> lmvm ubhelper
start end module name
fffff800`03747000 fffff800`0374f000 UBHelper (deferred)
Image path: \??\C:\Windows\system32\drivers\UBHelper.sys
Image name: UBHelper.sys
Timestamp: Tue Jul 06 00:19:26 2010 (4C32AECE)
CheckSum: 00006CCC
ImageSize: 00008000

Driver Reference Table - UBHelper.sys

Just to be nice to the system, update Realtek HD Audio Codec driver.

Enjoy.

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/39078-bsod-while-playing-skyrim-multiple-error-codes.html
Relevancy 74.39%

Hello!
I am extremely desperate to fix this problem D:

I have ran chkdsk and sfc /scannow etc. and removed any potentially damaging security and replaced with Microsoft Security Essentials. I have also removed temp files and defragged etc.

I also previously ran a Memtest a few months back because 1 of my 2 sticks of RAM severely F'd up however these aren't the same BSoD's neither are they as frequent so I'm guessing my RAM is still fine..

Please Help :3

A:BSoD playing majority of games Kernal_Data_Inpage_Error e.g.BF3/Skyrim

Welcome to SF .

All of the bugchecks are the same STOP 0x0000007A: KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR
with a second parameter of, 0xC000009D - DEVICE_NOT_CONNECTED.

Code:
KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR (7a)
The requested page of kernel data could not be read in. Typically caused by
a bad block in the paging file or disk controller error. Also see

KERNEL_STACK_INPAGE_ERROR.
If the error status is 0xC000000E, 0xC000009C, 0xC000009D or 0xC0000185,
it means the disk subsystem has experienced a failure.
If the error status is 0xC000009A, then it means the request failed because
a filesystem failed to make forward progress.

Arguments:
Arg1: fffff6fb80000000
Arg2: ffffffffc000009d, error status (normally i/o status code)
Arg3: 000000007642d880
Arg4: fffff70000000000
Present in the dump is a known BSOD in Windows 7.

Code:
0xfffff880033af2f8 : 0xfffff800032f2e15 : nt!IoPageRead+0x255
0xfffff880033af388 : 0xfffff800032f291f : nt!MiIssueHardFault+0x28b
Unable to load image \SystemRoot\System32\Drivers\sptd.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for sptd.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for sptd.sys
0xfffff880033af5b8 : 0xfffff800032c9cee : nt!KiPageFault+0x16e
0xfffff880033af648 : 0xfffff800032cea8a : nt!KiSwapContext+0x7a
0xfffff880033af678 : 0xfffff800032b8883 : nt!MmCreateKernelStack+0x83
Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\dtsoftbus01.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for dtsoftbus01.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for dtsoftbus01.sys
0xfffff880033af6c8 : 0xfffff800033ffd0e : nt!ExAllocatePoolWithTag+0xfe
0xfffff880033af728 : 0xfffff800035df2e0 : nt!MiFindEmptyAddressRange+0xd0
0xfffff880033af778 : 0xfffff800032abd9a : nt!ExAllocatePoolWithTagPriority+0x4a
0xfffff880033af8a8 : 0xfffff800032da6f2 : nt!IoSetCompletionRoutineEx+0x52
0xfffff880033af8b8 : 0xfffff88000e14c52 : Wdf01000!FxObject::DisposeChildrenWorker+0x2fa
0xfffff880033af8e0 : 0xfffff88000e10df0 : Wdf01000!FxIoTarget::_RequestCompletionRoutine
0xfffff880033af8e8 : 0xfffff88000e13787 : Wdf01000!FxIoTarget::SubmitLocked+0x47f
0xfffff880033af928 : 0xfffff800032d766a : nt!IoReuseIrp+0x3a
0xfffff880033af958 : 0xfffff800032cae53 : nt!KiSystemServiceCopyEnd+0x13
0xfffff880033af998 : 0xfffff88000ea0ba0 : Wdf01000!FxWmiIrpHandler::m_WmiDispatchTable+0x7d0
0xfffff880033af9a8 : 0xfffff88000e14ebf : Wdf01000!FxObject::PerformEarlyDisposeWorkerAndUnlock+0xfb
0xfffff880033af9c8 : 0xfffff88000e11045 : Wdf01000!FxRequest::Release+0x65
0xfffff880033afa18 : 0xfffff800032cea8a : nt!KiSwapContext+0x7a
0xfffff880033afb28 : 0xfffff800034712d8 : nt!ExWorkerQueue+0x58
0xfffff880033afb38 : 0xfffff800032c7410 : nt!KiServiceLinkage
0xfffff880033afb50 : 0xfffff880033afb68 : 0xfffff800036fea23 : nt!ExRaiseHardError+0xe3
0xfffff880033afb58 : 0xfffff800032c15f2 : nt!KiCommitThreadWait+0x1d2
0xfffff880033afb68 : 0xfffff800036fea23 : nt!ExRaiseHardError+0xe3
0xfffff880033afbc0 : 0xfffff880033afce0 : 0xfffff800034d08c0 : nt!IopHardError
0xfffff880033afbc8 : 0xfffff800034712d8 : nt!ExWorkerQueue+0x58
0xfffff880033afc08 : 0xfffff88001a54bb4 : cdrom!RequestSetupMcnSyncIrp
0xfffff880033afc18 : 0xfffff88001a54bb4 : cdrom!RequestSetupMcnSyncIrp
0xfffff880033afc48 : 0xfffff800034d08c0 : nt!IopHardError
0xfffff880033afc68 : 0xfffff800036ff293 : nt!IopHardErrorThread+0x73
0xfffff880033afc98 : 0xfffff880033afcb8 : 0xfffff800035c2101 : nt!ObpWaitForMultipleObjects+0x42b
0xfffff880033afca8 : 0xfffff800032d5261 : nt!ExpWorkerThread+0x111
0xfffff880033afcb0 : 0xfffff800036ff220 : nt!IopHardErrorThread
0xfffff880033afcb8 : 0xfffff800035c2101 : nt!ObpWaitForMultipleObjects+0x42b
0xfffff880033afcc8 : 0xfffff800034712d8 : nt!ExWorkerQueue+0x58
0xfffff880033afcd0 : 0xfffff880033afce0 : 0xfffff800034d08c0 : nt!IopHardError
0xfffff880033afce0 : 0xfffff800034d08c0 : nt!IopHardError
0xfffff880033afd20 : 0xfffff800032d5150 : nt!ExpWorkerThread
0xfffff880033afd38 : 0xfffff800035682ea : nt!PspSyst... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/310223-bsod-playing-majority-games-kernal_data_inpage_error-e-g-bf3-skyrim.html
Relevancy 74.39%

It happens randomly, sometimes in the middle of games or sometimes after a few hours

My specs:

Mainboard : Asus M4A77TD
Chipset : AMD RD770
Processor : AMD Phenom II X4 965e @ 3400 MHz
Physical Memory : 4096 MB (2 x 2048 DDR3-SDRAM )
Video Card : ATI Radeon HD 5670
Hard Disk : Hitachi HDS721010CLA332 ATA Device (1000GB)
Network Card : Realtek Semiconductor RTL8168/8111 PCIe Gigabit Ethernet Adapter
Operating System : Windows 7 Home Premium Home Edition Media Center 6.01.7601 Service Pack 1 (64-bit)

A:BSOD playing LoL/SC2/Skyrim/ARMA2 error 0x124

Hello xtaki.

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (124)
A fatal hardware error has occurred. Parameter 1 identifies the type of error
source that reported the error. Parameter 2 holds the address of the
WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure that describes the error conditon.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000000, Machine Check Exception
Arg2: fffffa80053708f8, Address of the WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure.
Arg3: 0000000000000000, High order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.
Arg4: 0000000000000000, Low order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.

Debugging Details:
------------------
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x124_AuthenticAMD

CURRENT_IRQL: 0

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`031c46f0 fffff800`02d14ca9 : fffffa80`053708d0 fffffa80`03a40b50 00000000`0000000b 00000000`00000000 : nt!WheapCreateLiveTriageDump+0x6c
fffff880`031c4c10 fffff800`02bf5557 : fffffa80`053708d0 fffff800`02c6f2d8 fffffa80`03a40b50 00000000`00000206 : nt!WheapCreateTriageDumpFromPreviousSession+0x49
fffff880`031c4c40 fffff800`02b5c935 : fffff800`02cd0ae0 00000000`00000001 fffffa80`04907820 fffffa80`03a40b50 : nt!WheapProcessWorkQueueItem+0x57
fffff880`031c4c80 fffff800`02adb641 : fffff880`0105de00 fffff800`02b5c910 fffffa80`03a40b00 fffffa80`03a40b50 : nt!WheapWorkQueueWorkerRoutine+0x25
fffff880`031c4cb0 fffff800`02d68e5a : 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`03a40b50 00000000`00000080 fffffa80`0396eb30 : nt!ExpWorkerThread+0x111
fffff880`031c4d40 fffff800`02ac2d26 : fffff880`02f63180 fffffa80`03a40b50 fffff880`02f6dfc0 00000000`00000000 : nt!PspSystemThreadStartup+0x5a
fffff880`031c4d80 00000000`00000000 : fffff880`031c5000 fffff880`031bf000 fffff880`031c3d90 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiStartSystemThread+0x16
STACK_COMMAND: kb

FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: AuthenticAMD

IMAGE_NAME: AuthenticAMD

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 0

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x124_AuthenticAMD_PROCESSOR_BUS_PRV

BUCKET_ID: X64_0x124_AuthenticAMD_PROCESSOR_BUS_PRV

---------
If you are overclocking, set everything back to default.

Test your RAM modules for possible errors.
How to Test and Diagnose RAM Issues with Memtest86+
Run memtest for at least 8 passes, preferably overnight.

Stress test the Graphics Card using Furmark.
Video Card - Stress Test with Furmark

Stress test the CPU.
Hardware - Stress Test With Prime95

And follow the guide: Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try

Let us know the results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/276460-bsod-playing-lol-sc2-skyrim-arma2-error-0x124.html
Relevancy 74.39%

Hey all, I was watching a movie and during said film i BSOD'd twice, but it went staright to a black scrren rather than the traditional BS of D. Then, today, was playing Skyrim, and 5 mins in i crashed, and repeatedly crash when i actually enter gameplay (e.g. not when in the menu) Here is one of the error reports for one of the Skyrim crashes.
Problem signature:
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 3081

BCCode: 116
BCP1: 845F60D8
BCP2: 8E2410F6
BCP3: C000009A
BCP4: 00000004

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\111111-18610-01.dmp
C:\Users\Hector\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-61386-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
Windows 7 Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

A:BSOD watching movie, playing Skyrim BCCode 116

Hi.

http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/196615-bsod-watching-movie-playing-skyrim-bccode-116-a.html
Relevancy 74.39%

Hello,

Attached are two minidumps from two recent crashes - one from today (8/8) as described in the post title, and another that happened overnight on 8/1. These are the first crashes I've experienced in a few months - I'm not sure what caused them.

On a possibly related note, I'm seeing a lot of disk errors in the Event Viewer, all of the form: "The device, \Device\Harddisk0\DR0, has a bad block." I've already run chkdisk /f once, and I've gotten a couple more such errors in the meantime. Is my hard drive failing? Could this have caused the BSODs?

Thanks in advance for your help!

A:BSOD playing Skyrim and other games, error 0x0000001a

Ah, here's the Seven Forums diagnostic .zip that you guys want. Sorry for not posting it initially!

EDIT: One last thing, and then I'll shut up. I noticed in the driver list that my Brother printer drivers were way out of date, so I've since installed the Brother update available via Windows Update, released on April 2012.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/245451-bsod-playing-skyrim-other-games-error-0x0000001a.html
Relevancy 74.39%

Hi
I'm from Poland so my english isn't excellent. I have problem with my pc, when i had my first BS on new pc I was scare . In next month I had many bs when i played games such as Assassins Creed or Skyrim. I reformatted computer but i still have some BS while I play ;/ Please use easy language ;]
I have Win 7 Professional x64 SP1 orginal OEM
Age of system 2 months
If you need more informations just say i will answer

A:BSOD playing games like LoL, Assassins Creed,Skyrim

Quote: Originally Posted by Maciek25

Hi
I'm from Poland so my english isn't excellent. I have problem with my pc, when i had my first BS on new pc I was scare . In next month I had many bs when i played games such as Assassins Creed or Skyrim. I reformatted computer but i still have some BS while I play ;/ Please use easy language ;]
I have Win 7 Professional x64 SP1 orginal OEM
Age of system 2 months
If you need more informations just say i will answer

Please remove any CD visualization programs such as Daemon Tools and Alcohol 120%.

They use a driver, found in your dmp, called sptd.sys, that is notorious for causing BSODs.

Use this SPTD uninstaller DuplexSecure - Downloads DuplexSecure - FAQ

when you're done you can use this Freeware:

MagicISO Virtual CD/DVD-ROM (MagicDisc) in its place

Using MagicISO to create ISO image files

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/205395-bsod-playing-games-like-lol-assassins-creed-skyrim.html
Relevancy 74.39%

Windows 7 OS. Computer was running fine with 4 GB RAM and GEFORCE GT 240 graphics card (playing Skyrim, Dota 2, Starcraft 2). One day i got a BSOD while playing Skyrim. Ever since then, I constantly get BSOD's while playing just about any game.

I was told it could be my RAM, so I replaced my 4 GB with 8 GB and I was still getting bsod's. Right after getting a bsod I opened up my case and felt my graphics card and it was pretty hot to the touch. I played Dota 2 again for about 30 minutes and got another BSOD, and the graphics card was pretty warm again.

Is this graphics card outdated for these games? If so, what do you think the chances are that getting a new graphics card will solve the BSOD's?

A:[SOLVED] BSOD when playing Skyrim, Dota 2, Starcraft 2

By the way, it runs fine while doing anything besides gaming (itunes, surfing the web, etc.)

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/solved-bsod-when-playing-skyrim-dota-2-starcraft-2-a-668069.html
Relevancy 74.39%

My computer has been working fine for almost a year now and the BSOD just started two days stop; BSOD error now won't Skyrim, 1000007e playing ago while playing Skyrim I thought BSOD playing Skyrim, now won't stop; error 1000007e it was just Skyrim so I stopped playing that and just left it for a while Today my computer got the BSOD during normal flash gaming and then again or so minutes later when I was trying to post here I have no idea what's causing it but I would really appreciate help Info Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode e BCP FFFFFFFFC BCP FFFFF CF F BCP FFFFF A F BCP FFFFF A EFE OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C WINDOWS Minidump - - dmp C Users Zack AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml Read our privacy statement online Windows Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows If the online privacy statement is not available please read our privacy statement offline C Windows system en-US erofflps txt Thanks for any help

A:BSOD playing Skyrim, now won't stop; error 1000007e

Hello & welcome to our Forum.

The procedure:

Quote:
* Zip up the copy.

Quote:
* OK your way out.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/210246-bsod-playing-skyrim-now-wont-stop-error-1000007e.html
Relevancy 74.39%

I was playing Skyrim when the game froze. I got a BSOD and turned off the computer manually. When I rebooted the computer, all I got was a black screen which said GRUB on the top left. I rebooted twice more and only got GRUB GRUB_ in white text on the top left. I have no idea what to do. I'll give any requested, necessary additional information. I'll deeply appreciate your help.

I don't know if it shows, but I really am not too experienced with this stuff.

A:BSOD playing Skyrim, booted PC again and got GRUB error

Hello and welcome nahtan mate first some system specs would be appreciated unless we know what we are dealing with it is very hard to help.
System Info - See Your System Specs

Now going out on a limb GRUB to me means something to do with Linux based systems so are you using a dual boot machine ie 7 & Linux Mint?? Suggest you watch this it might help but specs are most important and what OS's you are running.
Mean while watch this it might help https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jc_y7OYzXtQ

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/358010-bsod-playing-skyrim-booted-pc-again-got-grub-error.html
Relevancy 74.39%

Hi
So I have tried alot of different things. Last night i played maybe for a couple of hours and when I woke up this morning and wanted to play it kept crashing over and over again. Sometimes into blue screen sometimes just freeze and I had to reboot.

So my question really is: Is there anybody who would take their time to help me out?

Windows 7 Ulitmate
-AMD Phenom(tm)II X6 1075T Processor 3.00GHz
-64 - bit operating system
-8,00 RAM

A:BSOD playing Skyrim, 116...something. Game keeps crashing only 2min in

Quote: Originally Posted by Heftylobster

Hi
So I have tried alot of different things. Last night i played maybe for a couple of hours and when I woke up this morning and wanted to play it kept crashing over and over again. Sometimes into blue screen sometimes just freeze and I had to reboot.

So my question really is: Is there anybody who would take their time to help me out?
Windows 7 Ulitmate
-AMD Phenom(tm)II X6 1075T Processor 3.00GHz
-64 - bit operating system
-8,00 RAM

I would download cpu-z and gpu-z (both free) and keep an eye on the video temps Let us know if you need help STOP 0x116: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR troubleshooting

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/197186-bsod-playing-skyrim-116-something-game-keeps-crashing-only-2min.html
Relevancy 74.39%

Hi I hope someone can help me I am new to all of this error reporting but I've tried error and Playing SW:ToR BF3 0x0000001e BSOD Skyrim, and 0x0000003b to use the web to find answers before coming here and I hope I have attached all the necessary files I am running Windows Home Premium bit version here's a rough look at my system gb ddr part no CT KIT BA B - not BSOD Playing Skyrim, BF3 and SW:ToR error 0x0000001e and 0x0000003b sure that's any help AMD Phenom II x ghz CPU ATI HD GPU ASUS M A PRO AMD SOCKET AM MOTHERBOARD Line Toneport UX Soundcard usb interface I am not overclocking anything and my PC runs a ton of applications fine I use it to record live music via my toneport soundcard and I edit and render videos with Sony Vegas fine I just get a BSOD when using any games within to hours I have tried clean drivers for my GPU even using a driver sweeper software from safe mode I have tried to check that all my drivers are up to date in fact I have plenty of free space on my hard drive and my PC case is very cool the temps are around - degrees for the board and cpu at idle and - at load the gpu temps are degrees max when playing games etc I've tried everything except dropkicking it I see a lot of errors like mine but I don't have the skills to solve this puzzle please help Thanks for reading this Pete PS All the components bar the CPU are less than months old free from dust and securely fastened

A:BSOD Playing Skyrim, BF3 and SW:ToR error 0x0000001e and 0x0000003b

Welcome to Sevenforums; I hope we can be of assistance. Bear with me as this takes a bit of time to digest all the information in the bug report you filled out; usually ~20-30 minutes. I will try to post the most relevant information first.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/203001-bsod-playing-skyrim-bf3-sw-tor-error-0x0000001e-0x0000003b.html
Relevancy 74.39%

System specifcations Windows x OEM AMD Phenom II X ghz gb RAM Radeon HD Background info Computer is two years old from being built new motherboard installed as the old one had an quot intermittent fault quot For a period of two months until I properly reinstalled Windows on a clean hard drive I was see Didn't playing Skyrim, Borderlands. BSOD BlueScreen. getting the BlueScreen 'IRQL not less or equal' The problem Recently got Skyrim installed it and played it on the High settings as was recommended for my graphics card minutes in - when the dragon lands on the battlement if some of you are familiar BSOD playing Skyrim, Borderlands. Didn't see BlueScreen. with the game - the game crashed The screen went black a small graphical glitch went across the the moniter stated quot Input needed quot Accompanied by BSOD playing Skyrim, Borderlands. Didn't see BlueScreen. a high pitch sound through the speakers I didn't actually see the Blue Screen but upon rebooting into safe mode windows indicated there was one Tried again on the lowest settings I lasted a lot longer in the Skyrim world but eventually I got the BSOD playing Skyrim, Borderlands. Didn't see BlueScreen. same crash Then I opened up Borderlands to see if it wasn't Skyrim specific I got minutes or so into the game followed once more by the same crash I never actually saw the Blue Screen Upon the latest attempt to play Skyrim this is what my computer stated which you guys will be familiar with Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode BCP BCP FFFFFA DCC A BCP BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Attached are the minidump files and the system health report as per BSOD posting instructions I am suspecting it is a graphics card problem I have installed the latest drivers also which I did after the first crash Malwarebytes and MSE have turned up clean These crashes have only began since downloading and installing Skyrim though if that signifies anything or not I do not know I would love it if someone here could help me Thank you for your time

A:BSOD playing Skyrim, Borderlands. Didn't see BlueScreen.

Quote: Originally Posted by Shinyredplanet

System specifcations:
Windows 7 x64, OEM
AMD Phenom II X4 945 3.0ghz
4gb RAM
Radeon 4870HD

Background info:
Computer is two years old from being built, new motherboard installed as the old one had an "intermittent fault." For a period of two months (until I properly reinstalled Windows on a clean hard drive) I was getting the BlueScreen 'IRQL_not_less_or_equal'.

The problem:
Recently got Skyrim, installed it and played it on the High settings (as was recommended for my graphics card). 20 minutes in - when the dragon lands on the battlement, if some of you are familiar with the game - the game crashed. The screen went black, a small graphical glitch went across, the the moniter stated "Input needed". Accompanied by a high pitch sound through the speakers. I didn't actually see the Blue Screen, but upon rebooting into safe mode, windows indicated there was one. Tried again, on the lowest settings. I lasted a lot longer in the Skyrim world, but eventually, I got the same crash. Then I opened up Borderlands to see if it wasn't Skyrim specific. I got 20 minutes or so into the game, followed once more by the same crash. I never actually saw the Blue Screen. Upon the latest attempt to play Skyrim this is what my computer stated, which you guys will be familiar with:

Problem signature:
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 5129

BCCode: 124
BCP1: 0000000000000000
BCP2: FFFFFA8004DCC7A8
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: 0000000000000000

Attached are the minidump files, and the system health report, as per BSOD posting instructions. I am suspecting it is a graphics card problem. I have installed the latest drivers also, which I did after the first crash. Malwarebytes and MSE have turned up clean. These crashes have only began since downloading and installing Skyrim, though if that signifies anything or not, I do not know.

I would love it if someone here could help me. Thank you for your time.

Your .dmp file shows a stop error of 0x124 which is a general hardware error .

A "stop 0x124" is fundamentally different to many other types of bluescreens because it stems from a hardware complaint.

Stop 0x124 minidumps contain very little practical information, and it is therefore necessary to approach the problem as a case of hardware in an unknown state of distress.

Some generic advice.

If you are overclocking STOP. return to the default settings at least for now.
If you are running a RAID update its driver.
You can read more on this error and what to try here... Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/197344-bsod-playing-skyrim-borderlands-didnt-see-bluescreen.html
Relevancy 74.39%

Hi I was playing Skyrim last weekend and the game froze on a black screen just graphics playing Skyrim after faulty card? - BSOD as it was cutting to a kill animation I had to restart the computer but when Windows loaded I had a BSOD after playing Skyrim - faulty graphics card? BSOD The computer booted fine BSOD after playing Skyrim - faulty graphics card? up till this point I've been looking up causes and fixes all week and the dump files seem to suggest a x Video TDR error I've attached all the requested information I've already tried installing several different graphics drivers - the newest the one supplied with the card and one between Windows and DirectX were fully up to date I've also tried formatting the hard drive and installing Windows fresh twice I've had the computer back to the state it arrived in when the drivers worked fine and I've tried it with only the video drivers installed Everything I try now is still resulting in the same BSOD I can only get Windows to load in Safe Mode or if I go into Device Manager and disable my graphics card I am now fairly convinced the card itself is the problem and I'm looking for confirmation before I go and get a new one fitted My spec is AMD Phenom II X GHz ASUS M A TD motherboard GB RAM ATI Radeon HD GB Windows Ultimate bit W PSU The computer was new at the end of November I had the same Windows install since then but now I'm running a fresh install Any extra information needed please ask Thanks in advance

A:BSOD after playing Skyrim - faulty graphics card?

To check the graphics card and your hardware:If you are overclocking any hardware, please stop.

Monitor temperatures during the following tests. Use the following programs to monitor the temperatures. Real Temp is a good CPU temperature monitor.
Speccy - System Information - Free Download will monitor all hardware temperatures.
HWiNFO, HWiNFO32 & HWiNFO64 - Hardware Information and Analysis Tools can be inaccurate for CPU temperatures, but is a good program for GPU temperature monitoring.
Use FurMark: VGA Stress Test, Graphics Card and GPU Stability Test, Burn-in Test, OpenGL Benchmark and GPU Temperature | oZone3D.Net to test the graphics card GPU. Let it run until the GPU temperatures even out or until the GPU temperatures reach a dangerous level (you can find the max temperature for your card on either the nVidia or AMD sites; if you are not sure, ask us). The goal is to get a steady temperature, find out if the GPU is overheating, or to see if there are any artifacts present in the test itself: look for strange pixelated patterns on the screen or colors that do not look like they belong. Then use the |MG| Video Memory Stress Test 1.7.116 Download to test your graphics card memory. Let the memory test run for at least seven passes; the more the better.

Run Hardware - Stress Test With Prime95 to determine any hardware problems. Run all three tests for a few hours each. If you get errors, stop the test and post back here.

Follow the steps for doing CPU stress test using IntelBurnTest

Run the boot version of Memtest86+ paying close attention to Parts 2 and 3 of the tutorial. Also, in case Memtest86+ misses anything and comes up with no errors, run the extended version of the Windows Memory Diagnostics Tool for at least five passes. These you may want to run overnight since they take a long time to complete (run them an hour before bed each of the next two nights and check before going to sleep that they are still running).

Warning
Before you proceed with the following, answer these two questions: Are you still under warranty? Does your warranty allow you to open up the machine to check hardware? If you are unsure of the answers to these questions, contact your system manufacturer. WARNING: The steps that follow can void your warranty!!!
For Part 3: If You Have Errors: If you swap any memory components, follow these steps for ESD safety:Shut down and turn off your computer.
Unplug all power supplies to the computer (AC Power then battery for laptops, AC power for desktops)
Hold down the power button for 30 seconds to close the circuit and ensure all power drains from components.
Make sure you are grounded by using proper grounding techniques, i.e. work on an anti-static workbench, anti-static desk, or an anti-static pad. Hold something metallic while touching it to the anti-static surface, or use an anti-static wristband to attach to the anti-static material while working. If you do not have an anti-static workbench, desk, or pad, you can use your computer tower/case by finding a metal hold in it, such as a drive bay.
Once these steps have been followed, it is safe to remove and replace components within your computer.
Also, STOP 0x116: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR troubleshooting

And make sure the system has good airflow and the graphics card does not have dust built up in the fans. Also check that no power cables are blocking the graphics card fan from spinning.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/234485-bsod-after-playing-skyrim-faulty-graphics-card.html
Relevancy 73.53%

Hi guys, my computer is giving me a hard time with all this BSOD.
It works fine when im just surfing the net or watching videos, but when Im playing games like Skyrim, ME3 or Witcher 2 it just suddenly hangs and BSODs.
The least time for this to happen is 20 mins and the longest time for this to happen is 4 hours. Which in those games cases is a short time.
My Windows 7 is
- x64
- the original installed OS on the system?
Yes
- an OEM or full retail version?
OEM = came pre-installed on system

- What is the age of system (hardware)? Nov 10, 2012
- What is the age of OS installation (have you re-installed the OS?) Same as hardware.

Thanks for speedy replies

A:Experiencing BSOD (physical dump) when playing games like Skyrim, ME3

These crashes were caused by memory corruption/exception (Cx05) probably a driver.
Please run these two tests to verify your memory and find which driver is causing the problem.

In other words STOP!!!

* If you have raid update its Driver.

Memtest.

Quote:
*Download a copy of Memtest86 and burn the ISO to a CD using Iso Recorder or another ISO burning program. Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

Just remember, any time Memtest reports errors, it can be either bad RAM or a bad motherboard slot.

Driver verifier

Quote:
Using Driver Verifier is an iffy proposition. Most times it'll crash and it'll tell you what the driver is. But sometimes it'll crash and won't tell you the driver. Other times it'll crash before you can log in to Windows. If you can't get to Safe Mode, then you'll have to resort to offline editing of the registry to disable Driver Verifier.

So, I'd suggest that you first backup your stuff and then make sure you've got access to another computer so you can contact us if problems arise. Then make a System Restore point (so you can restore the system using the Vista/Win7 Startup Repair feature).

- Select everything EXCEPT FOR "Special Pool", "Force Pending I/O Requests" and "Low Resource Simulation" and click "Next"

Continue to use your system normally, and if you know what causes the crash, do that repeatedly.
The objective here is to get the system to crash because Driver Verifier is stressing the drivers out.
If it doesn't crash for you, then let it run for at least 36 hours of continuous operation.

Reboot into Windows (after the crash) and turn off Driver Verifier by going back in and selecting "Delete existing settings" on the first page, then locate and zip up the memory dump file and upload it with your next post.

If you can't get into Safe Mode, try using System Restore from your installation DVD to set the system back to the previous restore point that you created.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/222202-experiencing-bsod-physical-dump-when-playing-games-like-skyrim-me3.html
Relevancy 72.67%

First of all this is going to be quite the tl dr so a big thanks to anyone who even takes time to read programs. graphics heavy 0x07a Skyrim, while other BSOD Error playing it I built my first rig in May a mid to high grade gaming machine Got it running successfully everything seemed great until I started trying to play games Oblivion was the first one I started getting random blue screens from time to time I thought it was my graphics card so I sent it in for a replacement Boom Problem solved Not another issue Several months later Skyrim comes out Now I'm running into the same issue Random BSOD while playing Skyrim, other graphics heavy programs. Error 0x07a blue screens I've started investigating the error codes I did not do this the first time around just assumed it was a hardware issue and solved the problem Usually it is a x a error KERNAL DATA INPAGE ERROR the offending file seeming to be ntoskrnl exe Sometimes other files will be in error as well or I'll get a x f CRITICAL OBJECT TERMINATION but ntoskrnl exe is always the error Disk check goes fine no error Every test I do on the hard drive turns out okay I have not tested both sticks of my ram but I tested one of them with no errors and tried running the system on the one good stick still getting a blue screen when I play Skyrim I thought my graphics card or CPU might be overheating so I bought a couple more fans Keeping the system cooler has not helped either Sometimes I would get a ntsf sys error in my BSOD so I wondered if my hard drive was bad even though it passed the tests I was also hearing what could have been some suspicious noises from it though now I think it was the fan just cutting out in front of the hard drives Regardless I ordered a new hard drive and did a fresh install of Windows on it in case that was the problem I'm STILL getting errors I'm wondering now if it's my mobo because on occasion before the blue screen I'll hear the usb unplugged then plugged back in noise Break down Random blue screens only while doing something graphics heavy Replaced graphics card Replaced hard drive Tested RAM tried switching their slots or just using one at a time Purchased new fans to keep system cooler didn't help Fresh install of windows on new hard drive Tried unplugging all usb devices All drivers up to date File ntoskrnl exe is always in error even on fresh install Sometimes ntfs sys Error codes x a and x f Game freezes before BSOD Fan cuts out for a fraction of a second USB restarts I think only usb in the back restarts front ones seem to be okay Is Windows - x -bit or x x - the original installed OS on the system Yes - an OEM or full retail version Retail - OEM came pre-installed on system - Full Retail you purchased it from retailer - What is the age of system hardware Some parts from May this year some brand new - What is the age of OS installation have you re-installed the OS Just did it today Hardware AMD Phenom II X x GB Transcend JETRAM DDR ram Coolmax watt PSU ASUS M A -M Motherboard EVGA Geforce gts GPU Seagate TB hard drive I thought I would ask for help before I went ahead and replaced my mobo Thanks in advance for anyone who takes the time to try to help Let me know if you need any more info

A:BSOD while playing Skyrim, other graphics heavy programs. Error 0x07a

Most recent crash
a bad block in the paging file or disk controller error.

I would

1-run chkdsk

A- CHKDSK /R /F:

Run CHKDSK /R /F from an elevated (Run as administrator) Command Prompt.

Do this for each hard drive on your system.

When it tells you it can't do it right now - and asks you if you'd like to do it at the next reboot - answer Y (for Yes) and press Enter.

Then reboot and let the test run.

It may take a while for it to run, but keep an occasional eye on it to see if it generates any errors.

See "CHKDSK LogFile" below in order to check the results of the test.
B- Elevated Command Prompt:

Go to Start and type in "cmd.exe" (without the quotes)

At the top of the Search Box, right click on Cmd.exe and select "Run as administrator"
C-CHKDSK LogFile:

Go to Start and type in "eventvwr.msc" (without the quotes) and press Enter

Expand the Windows logs heading, then select the Application log file entry.

Double click on the Source column header.

Scroll down the list until you find the Chkdsk entry (wininit for Win7) (winlogon for XP).

Copy/paste the results into your next post.

2- Run a system file check

Run a system file check to verify and repair your system files.
To do this type cmd in search, then right click to run as administrator, then
SFC /SCANNOW

It may need to be run up to three times before sucessful

Read here for more information SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

Let us know the results from the report at the end.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/198194-bsod-while-playing-skyrim-other-graphics-heavy-programs-error-0x07a.html
Relevancy 70.52%

i am having this problem after i change my video cards i upgraded a 460 SLI to a 680
i have run 3dmark11 to try to replicate the bsod or something and nothing happends
i clean my hardware and change the thermal compound then i played some bf3 and paff the same bsod =(

pd: sorry for my english
i forgot to say that i have the last beta drivers from nvidia because with the WHQL i was having problems in gw2
Attachment 231326

A:BSOD playing bf3, hal.dll hal.dll+12a3b , ntoskrnl.exe ntoskrnl.exe+18

Welcome

For the bug check you're getting go through:
Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try

Also get a latest version of your BIOS.

Code:
Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.12.0002.633 X86
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\Yusra\Downloads\Fayer\SF_11-09-2012\091112-23509-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

Symbol search path is: SRV*C:\SymCache*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7601 (Service Pack 1) MP (8 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS
Built by: 7601.17835.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.120503-2030
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`03667000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`038ab670
Debug session time: Wed Sep 12 06:29:05.072 2012 (UTC + 6:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 7:04:57.025
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 124, {0, fffffa80086cf028, ba000000, 400405}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32k.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for win32k.sys
Probably caused by : hardware

---------

5: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Arguments:
Arg2: fffffa80086cf028, Address of the WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure.
Arg3: 00000000ba000000, High order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.
Arg4: 0000000000400405, Low order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.

Debugging Details:
------------------
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x124_GenuineIntel

CURRENT_IRQL: f

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`030acb58 fffff800`03630a3b : 00000000`00000124 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`086cf028 00000000`ba000000 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`030acb60 fffff800`037f3b03 : 00000000`00000001 fffffa80`0860b890 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`0860b8e0 : hal!HalBugCheckSystem+0x1e3
fffff880`030acba0 fffff800`03630700 : 00000000`00000728 fffffa80`0860b890 fffff880`030acf30 fffff880`030acf00 : nt!WheaReportHwError+0x263
fffff880`030acc00 fffff800`03630052 : fffffa80`0860b890 fffff880`030acf30 fffffa80`0860b890 00000000`00000000 : hal!HalpMcaReportError+0x4c
fffff880`030acd50 fffff800`0362ff0d : 00000000`00000008 00000000`00000001 fffff880`030acfb0 00000000`00000000 : hal!HalpMceHandler+0x9e
fffff880`030acd90 fffff800`03623e88 : 0000003b`5e9a7a72 fffffa80`0ae15ac8 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : hal!HalpMceHandlerWithRendezvous+0x55
fffff880`030acdc0 fffff800`036e4aac : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : hal!HalHandleMcheck+0x40
fffff880`030acdf0 fffff800`036e4913 : 00000000`00000000 00000... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/252352-bsod-playing-bf3-hal-dll-hal-dll-12a3b-ntoskrnl-exe-ntoskrnl-exe-18-a.html
Relevancy 66.65%

Playing Skyrim runs fine for at least 30 minutes before the bsod. This has happened several times, this is the most recent crash. Zip file attached.

A:BSOD playing Skyrim, 1000007E this time. New crash code each time

The latest BSOD was caused by the Linksys AE2500 driver, check if there's a newer version available.

fffff880`06040000 fffff880`06177000 AE2500w764 Tue Mar 29 02:22:08 2011 (4D912630)

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/245007-bsod-playing-skyrim-1000007e-time-new-crash-code-each-time.html
Relevancy 65.79%

well this has been a rare but old problem and i'd reboot and move on but this started to get a lil frequent the most recent change to my system at all since the last time i was here was well a Whoel rebuild old system finally died on me but what brough this up i dont know and i cant tell what the issue was because these quot Black quot BSOD's i know its a system hald no sound no response my wifi adapter quot BSOD "Black" Skyrim while playing Disconnects quot no lit activity light and i have no display i ran the SFF tool to grab everything hope this helps if anything i could help say is that lately when i restart it gets ever so longer and the hard drive is a tad noisy when WD Blue's shouldn't be Current Build AMD FX Quadcore GHZ GHZ in Turbo mode Gigabyte FXA-UD USB Mobo i dont recall revision quot XFX quot AMD Radeon HD w GB GDDR Ram Main HDD GB SATAII WD Blue quot Spare quot HDD GB Maxtor Generic SATA II USB x DVD - R RW Burner iomega W OCZ MXSP PSU Modular USB Tenda W T B G N Wifi Adapter Generic Logitech USB K Keyboard Generic USB Mouse Turtlebeach X Headphones Powered off USB slot Monitor x hz LCD Monitor x hz HDTV Capable of p

A:"Black" BSOD while playing Skyrim

There is no crash dumps in the folder, check this directory:

Code:
C:\Windows\Minidump
You may change C:\ to any partition in which you installed Windows on. You may want to also check that a crash dump has been configured to be saved upon the event of a BSOD:Dump Files - Configure Windows to Create on BSOD

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/285018-black-bsod-while-playing-skyrim.html
Relevancy 65.36%

I keep getting BSODs when I play games for a short while At first I thought when BSOD says ntoskrnl.exe games. BSOD BlueScreenView caused playing it was a bad installation of Windows BSOD when playing games. BlueScreenView says ntoskrnl.exe caused BSOD so I did a clean format full of my SSD and a clean install of Windows Ultimate x Installation failed quite a few times before finally succeeding Tried another copy of Windows same install failures I finally finished reinstalling Windows on my PC I suspected the RAM to be at fault so I ran MemTest and found a ton of errors Upon closer inspection of the BIOS settings I found that my board was clocking my ram in Auto mode at mhz instead of the factory mhz Corsair Vengeance LP DDR CAS on Asus Sabertooth Z I updated my BIOS to the latest as of this posting and I still have to manually set the memory frequencies for it to run at mhz Everything seemed fine for a few hours running prime I supposed my PC was fine now after that clean install of Windows but a few minutes into playing Battlefield I BSOD I am no pro at reading dump files and I was hoping someone could help me isolate the sources of my BSODs I've attached the minidump files for each BSOD below Thanks

A:BSOD when playing games. BlueScreenView says ntoskrnl.exe caused BSOD

My system specs are:

Intel Core i7-3770
Asus Sabertooth Z77
Corsair Vengeance Low Profile DDR3 @1600mhz CAS9
Kingston HyperX 3k 120GB SSD (boot, Battlefield 3, Microsoft Office)
Asus DirectCUII GTX 670
Thermaltake Toughpower 1200 watt
Razer Blackwidow Ultimate
Cyborg RAT7 Mouse

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/240280-bsod-when-playing-games-bluescreenview-says-ntoskrnl-exe-caused-bsod.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Hi,

Been getting BSOD recently when playing BF4 though it sometimes crashes when I'm not in BF4 too, is it memory issue?

Files attached.

Thanks!

A:BSOD playing BF4, ntoskrnl

Hello, Squirel and welcome to the forums. I will try to help you with this. First,I need you to do a couple of things.

Please fill out your System Specs

Information
Your System Specs will help us to help you, and doing it in this manner will make them available to all helpers in every post and keep us from hunting for them. We ask that you fill them out in as much detail as possible including Desktop or Laptop, Model number if it is an OEM computer and all components with the Manufacturer and Model number if possible.

If you will go to your last post and click the 'System Specs' in the bottom left of the post, you will find a link to update your system specs. Please fill those out in as much detail as possible, making sure to click save at the bottom of the page. If you would like to know what we would like, you can click 'My System Specs' at the bottom left of this post to see mine. If you do not know what your components are, this will help you accomplish this task. System Info - See Your System Specs
You only had 2 dump files which is what we use to debug with. Both dump files had different error codes, but listed basically the same cause.

Code:
a bad block in the paging file or disk controller error. Also see
KERNEL_STACK_INPAGE_ERROR.
If the error status is 0xC000000E, 0xC000009C, 0xC000009D or 0xC0000185,
it means the disk subsystem has experienced a failure.
If the error status is 0xC000009A, then it means the request failed because
a filesystem failed to make forward progress.
Arguments:
Arg1: fffff6fc50068280, lock type that was held (value 1,2,3, or PTE address)
Arg2: ffffffffc000000e, error status (normally i/o status code)
Arg3: 000000002c581880, current process (virtual address for lock type 3, or PTE)
Arg4: fffff8a00d050034, virtual address that could not be in-paged (or PTE contents if arg1 is a PTE address)

ERROR_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc000000e - A device which does not exist was specified.
DISK_HARDWARE_ERROR: There was error with disk hardware

Code:
CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION (f4)
A process or thread crucial to system operation has unexpectedly exited or been
terminated.
Several processes and threads are necessary for the operation of the
system; when they are terminated (for any reason), the system can no
longer function.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000003, Process
Arg2: fffffa800e686670, Terminating object
Arg3: fffffa800e686950, Process image file name
Arg4: fffff800031d9e20, Explanatory message (ascii)
Debugging Details:
IMAGE_VERSION:
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0xF4_IOERR_IMAGE_csrss.exe
BUCKET_ID: X64_0xF4_IOERR_IMAGE_csrss.exe
ANALYSIS_SOURCE: KM
FAILURE_ID_HASH_STRING: km:x64_0xf4_ioerr_image_csrss.exe
An I/O error is typically a hard drive

Your hard drive is apparently showing errors or has failed/is failing.

I don't know what hard drive(s) you have, because of no system specs. But I would suggest you backup all personal data to an external source, first thing. I would then run Seatools for DOS on all Mechanical Hard drives, Internal and external (SeaTools for DOS and Windows - How to Use)

Please let me know the results of the test.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/370500-bsod-playing-bf4-ntoskrnl.html
Relevancy 64.93%

Hey guys I m here to explain you guys my problem BSOD (ntoskrnl.exe) when playing. particularly so about a year ago I bought a Radeon that worked fine at the beginning but then started failing until I had to replace it got another one same model computer didn t even boot when it was on its place Now I got a third one and at first it worked fine but I have some flickering squares on my screen which for some reason BSOD particularly when playing. (ntoskrnl.exe) disappear when I m in a full screen game but what is bothering BSOD particularly when playing. (ntoskrnl.exe) me the most is the constant BSOD particuarly when playing League Of Legends I know this has nothing to do with the game because it happens even when I m browsing the Internet but it happens more often while playing What I also find interesting is that flickering squares only happen some time after the computer has been on After checking out the crashes with BlueScreenViewer it seems that all of the dates the crashes occurred are wrong I have no idea why but I can see most are being caused by ntoskrnl exe and by Windows NT Hope you guys can help me out Gonna upload my minidump folder below Since the dates of the reports are wrong I have no idea of what I was doing at that moment but I guess most crashes must be because of a similar issue I m getting currently about crashes a day sometimes even more and since League Of Legends is a team based game if you leave you are punished and I have been banned twice now I am really desperate for your help thank you OS Version Microsoft Windows Home Premium Service Pack bit Processor Intel R Core TM i - CPU GHz Intel Family Model Stepping Processor Count RAM Mb Graphics Card AMD Radeon HD Series - Mb Hard Drives C Total - MB Free - MB Motherboard Dell Inc Y MRG Antivirus None What I find weird is how my GPU s memory always shows a negative number and only shows - instead of the it s supposed to have right And my RAM is supposed to be gb Windows says only GB are usable is that a weird number Thanks for your help guys P S If mods feel this isn t at the right place feel free to move it please it s my first post in the forums and I m not that much of a tech guy nbsp

A:BSOD particularly when playing. (ntoskrnl.exe)

PSU

make
model
wattage

12V Rail amperage

HAve you tested your RAM?? use Memtest86+

https://forums.techguy.org/threads/bsod-particularly-when-playing-ntoskrnl-exe.1113730/
Relevancy 64.93%

Hello all I'm turnining to you guys because I'm totally defeated and have no clue how to solve my errors It began with problems regarding Microsoft Mouse and Keyboard center It started complaining about not being correctly installed all BSOD while ntoskrnl.exe playing, of a sudden so removed it did a CCleaner clean reinstalled and it seemed to be working fine However ccleaner corrupted the registry creating all sorts of problems one being windows claiming i lost authenticity I did a fresh install riddled with problems but in the end it worked out I had some problems installning drivers with crashes occuring pretty often I think this relates to windows being installed with IDE drivbers but mobo was set to AHCI at the time I got some drivers in and tried playing battlefield but got a blue screen pointing to ntoskrnl exe What i've done so far to try and correct this Downclocking processor Downclocking ram BSOD while playing, ntoskrnl.exe Update every driver I could find This includes motherboard BSOD while playing, ntoskrnl.exe BIOS graphics drivers NET Frameworks mouse and keyboard drivers headset drivers soundcard drivers Run integrity checks on HDDs primarily the boot one Malwarebytes scans Avast scan now uninstalled Microsoft Security Essentials scan Swapping RAMs I found a problem with one stick so now im running another set of rams in sets sticks in total Memtest ran every stick for about hrs Upgrade windows I e install a new copy BSOD while playing, ntoskrnl.exe of windows over windows Run driver verifier in progress now hoping to isolate some problem sfc scannow commands chkdisk Needless to say none of them seem to have worked Im beginning to think my computer is defunct or worse my graphics card is totally burnt Every crash relates to ntoskrnl exe in some way and sometimes there was another driver name in bluescreenview but it all points to ntoskrnl when viewing it in WinDbg It most often happens in battlefield and can vary from twice in a game minutes to not at all to once in a day I have attached the latest minidump file however I had more files but they're removed now Will attach more as time goes This one was while playing Skyrim Age of computer lt year Please Someone help me EDIT I don't think I have updated my sata controller I dont know what to look for My mobo is a Z Extreme Gen SSDs are boot Samsung GB and Intel GB

A:BSOD while playing, ntoskrnl.exe

Code:
BugCheck 1A, {41284, 97cd3001, 68fe4, fffff70001080000}

Probably caused by : Unknown_Image ( ANALYSIS_INCONCLUSIVE )

Code:
Usual causes: Device driver, memory, kernel
Run Memtest86+ for least 7-8 passes, and preferrly overnight as it can take a while to fully complete.

Test each RAM stick individually, if an error is found then move the same RAM stick into the next DIMM slot and test again, if errors are found for the same RAM stick in every available slot then you have a faulty RAM module. On the other hand, if no errors are found in the next slot or the other slots for the same RAM module, then you have a faulty DIMM slot.

Test each RAM stick and every motherboard DIMM slot available.

Run Driver Verifier to check for corrupted drivers which may be causing crashes, run the program for least 24 hours, and if a BSOD occurs before this time period, then stop test and upload the subsequent .dmp file.Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable
Upload a .NFO file:

Start > Type: msinfo32 > File, Save

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/266464-bsod-while-playing-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 64.93%

hello everyone ,

i hope u guys can come with a solution i have no idea what to do, i replaced memory stick,i formatted computer but when i check with the verifier.exe still getting same blue screen.maybe they all about drivers , maybe because of the RAM maybe because of the video card .idk to be honest.waiting for your answer

Have a nice day

A:BSOD ntoskrnl.exe (while playing)

Hey there! I remember you

Code:
BugCheck C4, {0, 0, 1, 0}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\asramdisk.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for asramdisk.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for asramdisk.sys
Probably caused by : asramdisk.sys ( asramdisk+2dc8 )

This is your ASUS RamDisk driver. Update it.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/373661-bsod-ntoskrnl-exe-while-playing.html
Relevancy 64.07%

First off my specs Operating System Windows Home Premium -bit Build Service Pack System Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd System Model Z MA-D H-B BIOS Award Modular BIOS v PG Processor Intel Core i - K CPU GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX Ti Antivirus software Microsoft Security Essentials OK so My computer started crashing when I was playing LoL a couple weeks ago but the it started happening just at anytime Normally Games (ntoskrnl.exe) not always. BSOD playing when but So i ran some test did a virus scan trying to figure out what it was and then just ended up re-installing windows altogether i did that yesterday I started playing LoL today and it crashed again This time i searched the internet and found this site I also downloaded Bluescreenview and it was saying that the problem had to do with quot ntoskrnl exe quot I guess im just not sure how to fix this or what caused it The zip file has BSOD Normally when playing Games but not always. (ntoskrnl.exe) the dmp file and the other two reports that the forums says i should have Hope someone can help If i need to provide anything else just let me know The BSOD happened about - times before i re-installed windows but i dont have the dmg files for those times Thanks Cahrazyman

A:BSOD Normally when playing Games but not always. (ntoskrnl.exe)

Does anyone know what could be wrong?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/240710-bsod-normally-when-playing-games-but-not-always-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi, I have had my new computer since June, It is a new Haswell one and I use the integrated graphics. Over the last 3 months there has been a few random crashes but not many, it has performed well but the graphics driver sometimes crashes and when it does it says its for windows 8 not windows 7. Today it's been on since about 9 so quite a long time then just at 10 to 5 it BSOD and I went into the BIOS and looked at the temps and it was 30 degrees system and 50 degrees CPU. I am not sure what caused the BSOD and would like you guys to have a look for me.

Thanks =)

A:BSOD playing a game ntoskrnl.exe

Have you checked your RAM?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/306504-bsod-playing-game-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi

I get BSOD and random freeze when playing Saints Row 4

Anyone know what might be wrong?

A:BSOD - hal.dll, ntoskrnl.exe, pci.sys - When playing Saints Row 4

Hello shockmaniac. You are having PCI Express Error.

Code:
===============================================================================
Section 0 : PCI Express
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Descriptor @ fffffa8003fb4958
Section @ fffffa8003fb49e8
Offset : 272
Length : 208
Flags : 0x00000001 Primary
Severity : Recoverable

Port Type : Root Port
Version : 1.1
Command/Status: 0x4010/0x0507
Device Id :
VenId:DevId : 8086:340a
Class code : 030400
Function No : 0x00
Device No : 0x03
Segment : 0x0000
Primary Bus : 0x00
Second. Bus : 0x00
Slot : 0x0000
Dev. Serial # : 0000000000000000
Express Capability Information @ fffffa8003fb4a1c
Device Caps : 00008021 Role-Based Error Reporting: 1
Device Ctl : 0107 ur FE NF CE
Dev Status : 0003 ur fe NF CE
Root Ctl : 0008 fs nfs cs

AER Information @ fffffa8003fb4a58
Uncorrectable Error Status : 00004020 ur ecrc mtlp rof uc ca CTO fcp ptlp SD dlp und
Uncorrectable Error Mask : 00000000 ur ecrc mtlp rof uc ca cto fcp ptlp sd dlp und
Uncorrectable Error Severity : 00062010 ur ecrc MTLP ROF uc ca cto FCP ptlp sd DLP und
Correctable Error Status : 00000000 adv rtto rnro dllp tlp re
Correctable Error Mask : 00000000 adv rtto rnro dllp tlp re
Caps & Control : 00000005 ecrcchken ecrcchkcap ecrcgenen ecrcgencap FEP
Header Log : 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000
Root Error Command : 00000000 fen nfen cen
Root Error Status : 00000000 MSG# 00 fer nfer fuf mur ur mcr cer
Correctable Error Source ID : 00,00,00
Correctable Error Source ID : 00,00,00
VenId:DevId : 8086:340a means 5520/5500/X58 I/O Hub PCI Express Root Port 3. Here it contaiins the GPU, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570

ITEMVALUEI/O-port 0x000003C0-0x000003DF NVIDIA GeForce GTX 570I/O-port 0x000003C0-0x000003DF Intel(R)-PCI Express-rodport 3 til 5520/5500/X58 I/O-hub - 340A
Stress test the Graphics Card using Furmark.
Video Card - Stress Test with Furmark

Also Test your RAM modules for possible errors.
How to Test and Diagnose RAM Issues with Memtest86+
Run memtest for at least 8 passes, preferably overnight.

Stress test the CPU.
Hardware - Stress Test With Prime95

Upload a snapshot Using Speccy.
Download and install Speccy.
File> Save snapshot.
Save it on desktop.
Zip it and upload it following following Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums .
Check if the Power Supply Unit (PSU) supplying adequate power to the computer or not.
eXtreme Power Supply Calculator
Let us know the wattage of the PSU too.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/302906-bsod-hal-dll-ntoskrnl-exe-pci-sys-when-playing-saints-row-4-a.html
Relevancy 64.07%

While am playing The game the computer freezes or bsod happens.

I get this error:
ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x705C0)
Bugcheck code: 0x1A (0x41284, 0x53B9001, 0x2B7F, 0xFFFFF70001080000)
Error: MEMORY_MANAGEMENT

I get a bsod or a freeze every time am in the game.

I also use Tune up utilties to defrag and fix registry. I already ran a disk check but it said nothing was wrong. I reinstalled the game and windows about 5 times.

processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 965 Processor (4 CPUs), ~3.4GHz
Os: Microsoft Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (build 7601), 64-bit
Graphics: ATI Radeon HD 4600 Series, version 11
RAM: 8.0 GB
Free Disk Space: 750 GB

A:Bsod while playing Dc universe, ntoskrnl.exe

The procedure:

* Zip up the copy.

*Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl Press Enter.
*Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery - Settings... button.
*Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
*Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kb) in the drop down box (the 256kb varies).
*Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
*OK.
Reboot if changes have been made.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/196952-bsod-while-playing-dc-universe-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 64.07%

I have already read online about how Norton has caused BSOD problems for many people when the 8.1 upgrade happened. Most solutions explain to replace Norton with Windows Defender. My question is that, is there any way of using Norton thus after then? I already spent the money have anti-virus software so it doesn't make sense for me to just uninstall it and never use Norton again. Or if not, are there any better (preferably free) anti-virus solutions? I'm tired of getting BSODs because of Norton but, being as laymen as I am with computers, I feel like if I don't have Norton on, my computer is at risk.

A:ntoskrnl.exe BSOD when playing games

Maybe you should ask Norton for a refund. If it makes you problems (and you applied all the updates) there is not much else you can do but uninstall it completely and take your losses. Does temporarily disabling Norton while playing help any ?
There are many nice and useful free AVs ot there. I am partial to Avast free but there are many more free ones too, Like AVG, Bitdefender etc. and most of them are arguably better than Windows Defender. As for free/payed AVs goes, it all depends on how much of and from what you need protection from. Check about them on their sites and compare the difference between them and free/ payed versions. For me, with pretty active internet use, Avast free, helped by Search&Destroy, does just fine job.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/42586-ntoskrnl-exe-bsod-when-playing-games.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Heya This will be my first post after a lot of lurking I hope you guys dont mind me posting this as BSOD playing LoL Ntoskrnl.exe whilest a first post though A few days ago my League of Legends got corrupted when I started the game things you normally should have been able to see were missing So I tried reinstall the game apparently I couldnt do it at that time because a file got locked somehow And now I have reinstalled the whole OS as I was setting up all the drivers of the laptop and installing the game at the same time the laptop started to BSOD everytime mid install of the game it would just BSOD Ntoskrnl.exe whilest playing LoL happen randomly After a couple BSOD's I finally managed to install LoL I didnt suspect LoL at the time of BSOD's to be responsible I suspected the drivers hdd to be the cause Anyway BSOD Ntoskrnl.exe whilest playing LoL as I installed LoL and tried to play a game it would regularly BSOD midgame Now I suspect that LoL is the problem but even after uninstalling it just the normal way control panel gt uninstall then reinstalling it the BSOD's still occur while midinstallation I'm still not sure because the BSOD's only happen when i'm having an active online connection to the game server and actually playing with people custom games BSOD's as easily as a normal game with people in it The BSOD's were nearly all about ntoskrnl exe so its definitely BSOD Ntoskrnl.exe whilest playing LoL something else causing it i havent done a memtest I did have some problems downloading the drivers but I have managed to install all of them correctly later on I ran a chkdsk it also came out with problems Blue screen viewer and whocrashed have also been unable to find the problem causing it I'm sorry for any grammatical errors or any form of miscommunication English isnt my first language Thanks

A:BSOD Ntoskrnl.exe whilest playing LoL

Code:
Product ID: 00426-OEM-8992662-00497
Original Install Date: 28/08/2013, 19:41:46
System Boot Time: 29/08/2013, 13:11:26
System Manufacturer: Acer
System Model: Aspire 5830TG
It looks like you are using a Lenova OEM on an ACER machine.

Please do the following:

1. Download and save this tool to your desktop:
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012

2. Run the tool, and then click Copy - ignore any errors if they appear

3. Use CTRL+V to paste the results of the tool here in your next reply

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/302910-bsod-ntoskrnl-exe-whilest-playing-lol.html
Relevancy 64.07%

I have a custom built PC that for the past years or so has run fine I haven't changed any hardware in the last year or so As of various playing games, ntoskrnl.exe BSOD I've been getting BSOD after running video games for varying lengths of time ten minutes to an hour on a pretty consistent basis When not running games I don't seem to BSOD Unfortunately I did a lot of what I considered to be proactive things to my computer on including removing unused programs and updating my video driver Unfortunately I don't have a system restore point on my PC I've tried rolling back my video driver but that BSOD playing various games, ntoskrnl.exe has not fixed the issue Attached are my last few minidumps Thanks for your time -------------------------------------- OS Microsoft Windows Ultimate -bit Multiprocessor Free Service Pack CPU Intel R Core TM Quad CPU Q GHz Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd EP T-UD LR Memory GB Graphics Card s NVIDIA GeForce GTX Ti Sound Card NVIDIA High Definition Audio NVIDIA High Definitio Hard Drives ST AS ATA Device WDC WD AACS- D B ATA Device

A:BSOD playing various games, ntoskrnl.exe

Welcome to SF.

Please post the following report before we proceed:Windows Genuine and Activation Issue Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/267724-bsod-playing-various-games-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 64.07%

I play Battlefield 3 for anywhere from 5-25 minutes and get a BSOD

I attached the minidumps.

A:BSOD while playing Battlefield 3, ntoskrnl.exe

Please provide this info for a more complete analysis: http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html

Driver Verifier is turned on and it's purpose is to cause BSOD's. Please turn it off - the BSOD's will either stop or decrease in frequency.

To do this, launch Verifier.exe
Select "Delete existing settings" and click on Finish
Reboot to complete the operation.

You have both nVidia and ATI video drivers installed - why is this? Please uninstall the one that you're not using.

We have seen numerous problems with the USB XBox controller. Please uninstall it's software and remove the device from your system. Then test to see if it stops the BSOD's.

AMD OverDrive (AODDriver2.sys) is either a stand-alone application, or a component of the AMD VISION Engine Control Center. This driver is known to cause BSOD's on some Win7 systems. If you choose to uninstall the AMD/ATI video drivers this step may not be necessary.

Quote:
Please uninstall all AMD/ATI video stuff from Control Panel...Programs...Uninstall a program
Then, download and install a fresh copy of the ATI drivers from http://www.ati.com (in the upper right corner of the page)
- Select the "Custom" installation option and don't let it install AMD OverDrive or the VISION Engine Control Center (if present)
Then use the ATI uninstall manager to uninstall the Catalyst Control Center (CCC). This is a separate issue and isn't required for the AMD OverDrive removal.

If the device (AODDriver or AODDriver4.01) remains a problem, open Device Manager, select the "View" item.
Then select "Show hidden devices" and scroll down to the Non-Plug and Play Drivers section.
Locate the AODDriver entry, right click on it and select "Uninstall". Reboot for changes to take affect.

Sometimes the driver remains and continues to cause BSOD's. If this is the case for you, post back and we'll give further instructions for safely removing it.

If overclocking, please stop. Remove the overclock and return the system to stock/standard values while we're troubleshooting. Once the system is stable again, feel free to resume the overclocking.

Daemon Tools (and Alcohol % software) are known to cause BSOD's on some Win7 systems (mostly due to the sptd.sys driver, although I have seen dtsoftbus01.sys blamed on several occasions).
Please uninstall the program, then use the following free tool to ensure that the troublesome sptd.sys driver is removed from your system (pick the 32 or 64 bit system depending on your system's configuration): DuplexSecure - FAQ

Some free alternatives (I don't use them, so I can't comment on them)
KernSafe iSCSI initiator, Virtual CD/DVD-RW Emulator, Virtual Encryption Disk and Virtual CD/DVD-ROM Emulator All-in-One free software.
MagicISO - Convert BIN to ISO, Create, Edit, Burn, Extract ISO file, ISO/BIN converter/extractor/editor

The following info is just FYI, I've already addressed the issues that I saw in the above paragraphs

- Further info on BSOD error messages available at: http://www.carrona.org/bsodindx.html
- Info on how to troubleshoot BSOD's (DRAFT): http://www.carrona.org/userbsod.html
- How I do it: http://www.carrona.org/howidoit.html

3RD PARTY DRIVERS PRESENT IN THE DUMP FILES
Code:

amdxata.sys Fri Mar 19 12:18:18 2010 (4BA3A3CA)
MpFilter.sys Fri Mar 09 06:05:26 2012 (4F59E3F6)
PxHlpa64.sys Tue Oct 20 14:08:42 2009 (4ADDFCAA)
dtsoftbus01.sys Fri Jan 13 08:45:46 2012 (4F10358A)
AtiPcie.sys Mon Aug 24 04:25:26 2009 (4A924E76)
uxpatch.sys Mon Jul 13 01:09:18 2009 (4A5AC17E)
MijXfilt.sys Mon Aug 29 09:50:27 2011 (4E5B9923)
CM10864.sys Thu Aug 12 06:26:14 2010 (4C63CC46)
rsdrvx64.sys Thu Feb 12 08:01:49 2009 (49941DBD)
nusb3xhc.sys Tue Sep 13 03:14:43 2011 (4E6F02E3)
atikmpag.sys Thu Apr 05 21:10:44 2012 (4F7E4294)
LGBusEnum.sys Mon Nov 23 20:36:48 2009 (4B0B38B0)
am... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/231818-bsod-while-playing-battlefield-3-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 64.07%

I have BSODs but more often the computer just freezes and sound loops. This only happens when i play games using the nVidia graphics card. At first I tought the issue was graphics card but dumps indicate it was ntoskrnl.exe.

A:BSOD when playing games, ntoskrnl.exe

Please follow the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/276210-bsod-when-playing-games-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hello, I've been having some problems today while playing a game called APB Reloaded.
I can play any other game on max graphics such as Battlefield 3, FIFA 12 etc. No problems, but when I play ABP Reloaded I get Bluescreen of Death (BSOD) with the error as 'ntoskrnl.exe'.

I have two bug check strings (using Bluescreen View) called: KMODE_EXCEPTIONS_NOT_HANDLES & IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

I've added the dumps.

Would be appreciated if someone can help!

Thanks,
Kyle

A:BSOD Playing APB Reloaded ntoskrnl.exe

Welcome
Your reports a missing all of the important documents. Please follow these instructions
http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/249032-bsod-playing-apb-reloaded-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 64.07%

So i got this bsod when playing. Had this same issues many times when installed OS and thought it is driver issue or something. Reinstalled OS and had bsod again.
New hardware is cpu what i installed, never had bsod on old prosessor

Did check temps with Coretemp while playing and didnt get even over 50?.

Did run memtest last night with 5 passes without errors and Furmark for GPU with 75? max.
Any compatibility issues or something with new cpu with Memory or something. Please help

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/388688-bsod-when-playing-0x00000124-hal-dll-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Please kindly give me an advise in this case.
I got BSOD after playing movie an hour. i attached infomation below.
When i check with Bluescreen view, i see hal.dll & ntoskrnl.exe was highlighted.
I has tried reinstall OS but it not work.
Thanks in advance!

A:BSOD playing video hal.dll & ntoskrnl.exe

more information

Quote:
Diagnostic Report (1.9.0027.0):
-----------------------------------------
Windows Validation Data-->

Validation Code: 0
Cached Online Validation Code: N/A, hr = 0xc004f012
Windows Product Key: *****-*****-CM74G-RPHKF-PW487
Windows Product Key Hash: 71BRYMECVaSXedfumfu8zryHJVY=
Windows Product ID: 00371-177-0000061-85639
Windows Product ID Type: 5
Windows License Type: Retail
Windows OS version: 6.1.7601.2.00010100.1.0.048
ID: {55093773-D54F-43B9-8515-FE190557D8C3}(1)
Is Admin: Yes
TestCab: 0x0
LegitcheckControl ActiveX: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
Product Name: Windows 7 Professional
Architecture: 0x00000009
Build lab: 7601.win7sp1_gdr.140303-2144
TTS Error:
Validation Diagnostic:
Resolution Status: N/A

Vista WgaER Data-->
ThreatID(s): N/A, hr = 0x80070002
Version: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

Windows XP Notifications Data-->
Cached Result: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
File Exists: No
WgaTray.exe Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
WgaLogon.dll Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

OGA Notifications Data-->
Cached Result: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
OGAExec.exe Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
OGAAddin.dll Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002

OGA Data-->
Office Status: 109 N/A
OGA Version: N/A, 0x80070002
Signed By: N/A, hr = 0x80070002
Office Diagnostics: 025D1FF3-364-80041010_025D1FF3-229-80041010_025D1FF3-230-1_025D1FF3-517-80040154_025D1FF3-237-80040154_025D1FF3-238-2_025D1FF3-244-80070002_025D1FF3-258-3

Browser Data-->
Proxy settings: N/A
User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Win32)
Default Browser: C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe
Download signed ActiveX controls: Prompt
Download unsigned ActiveX controls: Disabled
Run ActiveX controls and plug-ins: Allowed
Initialize and script ActiveX controls not marked as safe: Disabled
Allow scripting of Internet Explorer Webbrowser control: Disabled
Active scripting: Allowed
Script ActiveX controls marked as safe for scripting: Allowed

File Scan Data-->

Other data-->
Office Details: <GenuineResults><MachineData><UGUID>{55093773-D54F-43B9-8515-FE190557D8C3}</UGUID><Version>1.9.0027.0</Version><OS>6.1.7601.2.00010100.1.0.048</OS><Architecture>x64</Architecture><PKey>*****-*****-*****-*****-PW487</PKey><PID>00371-177-0000061-85639</PID><PIDType>5</PIDType><SID>S-1-5-21-544182604-2751196053-1140250821</SID><SYSTEM><Manufacturer>Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.</Manufacturer><Model>Z97X-Gaming G1</Model></SYSTEM><BIOS><Manufacturer>American Megatrends Inc.</Manufacturer><Version>F5</Version><SMBIOSVersion major="2" minor="7"/><Date>20140508000000.000000+000</Date></BIOS><HWID>EDC23C07018400F4</HWID><UserLCID>0409</UserLCID><SystemLCID>0409</SystemLCID><TimeZone>SE Asia Standard Time(GMT+07:00)</TimeZone><iJoin>0</iJoin><SBID><stat>3</stat><msppid></msppid><name></name><model></model></SBID><OEM/><GANotification/></MachineData><Software><Office><Result>109</Result><Products/><Applications/></Office></Software></GenuineResults>

Spsys.log Content: 0x80070002

Licensing Data-->
Software licensing service version: 6.1.7601.17514

Name: Windows(R) 7, Professional edition
Description: Windows Operating System - Windows(R) 7, RETAIL channel
Activation ID: e838d943-63ed-4a0b-9fb1-47152908acc9
Application ID: 55c92734-d682-4d71-983e-d6ec3f16059f
Extended PID: 00371-00170-177-000006-00-1033-7601.0000-3182014
Installation ID: 015996955014314334383621580584517755... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/352509-bsod-playing-video-hal-dll-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 64.07%

I made an attachment. Please do not make me download a program that I am not familiar with. I am having a hard time here and this is very frustrating. I have a text file created by bluescreenview that has all of the information in there. Can someone look through it and help me out please? Thank you

A:BSOD when playing BF4, ntoskrnl.exe is the driver

Hi Thready,

I recommend you follow the BSOD posting instructions, this application is used by many users every day and i myself use it from time to time.

You never seemed to get this issue fixed for the same reason - http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help...aged-area.html

Regards,
Jamie

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/340098-bsod-when-playing-bf4-ntoskrnl-exe-driver.html
Relevancy 64.07%

I been getting bsod while playing games such as Fallout New Vegas and Borderlands it only happens while playing games it started to happen when I install my new CPU processor into my computer I have a program called WhoCrashed and every time I run it after I get a bsod it says that the problem seems to be ntoskrnl exe which I don't know what that means WhoCrashed says that out of crash dumps are probably the cause of ntoskrnl exe My guess is BSOD games. ntoskrnl.exe while playing that the problem is coming from my new CPU but I don't know have to fix it I did some research and most people said this could be happening from outdated drivers As far BSOD ntoskrnl.exe while playing games. as I know I have every single driver up to date I even when to Device manager and I update every single device connected to my computer to see if that fix it but the bsod keeps happening Thank you for you help and also forgive my English and punctuation Here is some more information System specs Processor AMD FX tm - Quad-Core processor Installed memory RAM GB System type -bit Operating System x -based processor Video card NVIDIA GeForce GTX TI Attachment

A:BSOD ntoskrnl.exe while playing games.

Hi Tyson and I apologize for late reply ^_^,

I have analysed your DUMP files and below is the analysis for informative purposes :-

Code:
**************************Fri Jun 27 23:30:53.137 2014 (UTC + 5:30)**************************
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for ntoskrnl.exe

*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for ntoskrnl.exe

Probably caused by : dxgmms1.sys ( dxgmms1!VidSchiSubmitCommandPacketToQueue+99 )

BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff803f63392c2, fffff8800b490310, 0}
BugCheck Info: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3b)

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: WRONG_SYMBOLS

BIOS Version P1.00

BIOS Release Date 01/18/2012

Manufacturer To Be Filled By O.E.M.

Product Name To Be Filled By O.E.M.

**************************Fri Jun 27 08:07:26.157 2014 (UTC + 5:30)**************************

*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for ntoskrnl.exe

Probably caused by : dxgkrnl.sys ( dxgkrnl!DXGADAPTER::AcquireCoreResourceShared+59 )

BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff802e18b62c2, fffff8800d699df0, 0}

BIOS Version P1.00

**************************Thu Jun 26 21:04:22.957 2014 (UTC + 5:30)**************************
Probably caused by : win32k.sys ( win32k!DCMEMOBJ::DCMEMOBJ+14b )

BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff8025d6c02c2, fffff88010ba6db0, 0}

PROCESS_NAME: uTorrent.exe

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x3B_win32k!DCMEMOBJ::DCMEMOBJ

BIOS Version P1.00

**************************Thu Jun 26 10:46:10.860 2014 (UTC + 5:30)**************************

Probably caused by : dxgmms1.sys ( dxgmms1!VidSchiAdjustWorkerThreadPriority+1b7 )

BugCheck 1000007E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff800d46ce2c2, fffff880041fc838, fffff880041fc070}
BugCheck Info: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M (1000007e)

BIOS Version P1.00

**************************Thu Jun 26 07:44:32.148 2014 (UTC + 5:30)**************************

Probably caused by : dxgmms1.sys ( dxgmms1!VidSchiAdjustWorkerThreadPriority+1b7 )

BugCheck 1000007E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff802c6ad02c2, fffff88004ddc838, fffff88004ddc070}
BugCheck Info: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M (1000007e)

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: AV_dxgmms1!VidSchiAdjustWorkerThreadPriority

BIOS Version ... Read more

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/49043-bsod-ntoskrnl-exe-while-playing-games.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hello all, I would be very grateful for any pointers on this problem.

I've had an increasing number of bluescreens over the last couple of weeks which led me to download BlueScreenView to see if it offered any insight. Things I have tried so far:

Initially thinking it was a graphics card driver problem, various clean installs of newer and older versions.
Windows disc check
Windows memory test
11 passes of memtest86
But really I'm just flailing about at this point and don't have a clear idea what to try next. I have attached the files collected with the SF diagnostic tool.

Many thanks in advance.

A:ntoskrnl.exe BSOD mostly playing GW2 but also when idle

Code:
BugCheck 1E, {0, 0, 0, 0}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for cmudaxp.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for cmudaxp.sys

Probably caused by : cmudaxp.sys ( cmudaxp+72f64 )

Code:
0: kd> lmvm cmudaxp
start end module name
fffff880`0320b000 fffff880`033cd000 cmudaxp T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: cmudaxp.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\cmudaxp.sys
Image name: cmudaxp.sys
Timestamp: Fri Jul 23 10:55:38 2010 (4C49671A)
CheckSum: 00137D2B
ImageSize: 001C2000
The above driver belongs to several different possible devices, please update the driver to corresponding device:C-Media Audio Interface Driver (WDM) by C-Media - C-Media Electronics, Inc.
ASUS Xonar DG Audio Interface - ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download
HTO CLARO Audio Interface Driver - HT Omega - Driver Downloads

Code:
0: kd> lmvm nvlddmkm
start end module name
fffff880`04ed8000 fffff880`05983000 nvlddmkm T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: nvlddmkm.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys
Image name: nvlddmkm.sys
Timestamp: Fri Mar 15 01:37:00 2013 (51427B3C)
CheckSum: 00A8D47C
ImageSize: 00AAB000

Quote:
Version: 314.22
Release Date for Desktops and Notebooks : March 25th 2013
In Device Manager: 9.18.13.1422

This is the latest WHQL driver for your graphics card, please check within your Device Manager, if you have the latest version since the dump files can display the wrong dates sometimes.Download Driver
Start Type: Device Manager
Expand Display Adapters
Right-Click Driver Name, Uninstall
Reboot
Run Driver Sweeper
Reboot
Install Downloaded Driver
Driver Sweeper will scan for any left over files from the old driver, old driver files can cause conflicts with new driver installations. Create a System Restore point beforehand, in case any problems or issues arise.

Driver Sweeper:Drivers - Clean Left over Files after Uninstalling
Have you installed all the latest Windows Updates?Start
Type: Windows Update
Check for Updates/Install Updates
Reboot (if prompted)

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/290260-ntoskrnl-exe-bsod-mostly-playing-gw2-but-also-when-idle.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Installed WIn 7 professional 32 SP1(for Battlefield 3). Newer have such problem on XP.

system specs:
Ram: 4g (memory tested)
Processor: Intel Quad core Q6600 2.4
Motherboard: ASUS P5e3 deluxe
Graphics: MSI Ti 560

Also Heroes 6;World of tanks works fine(can play all day no problem).

But Battlefield 3 crashes.

I have already read a lot of forums. I used bluescreenview but still dont know what to do.(flredy done memory test;chdsc).

And still nothing updated all drivers and it still crashes.

It is often ntoskrnl.exe.

As to be honest i don t know what to do with it.

There two minidump files.

http://animetanks.clan.su/102511-22339-01.dmp
http://animetanks.clan.su/102511-23072-01.dmp

A:BSOD ntoskrnl.sys when playing Battlefield3.

Please attach your .dmp files as an attachment to your next post .. your links are borked...

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/193869-bsod-ntoskrnl-sys-when-playing-battlefield3.html
Relevancy 64.07%

So the last times I tried launching a game Battlefield I got BSOD This is the dump I got from BlueScreenView Dump File - - dmp Crash Time PM Bug Check String Bug Check Code x Parameter Parameter fffffa ca e Parameter Parameter Caused By Driver ntoskrnl exe Caused By Address ntoskrnl exe b c File Description NT Kernel amp System Product Name Microsoft Windows Operating System Company Microsoft Corporation File Version win sp gdr - Processor x Crash Address ntoskrnl exe b c Stack Address Stack Address Stack Address Computer Name Full Path C Windows Minidump - - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File Size According to Caused By Driver ntoskrnl exe seems to have been the cause what is this file and how it it doing this And more importantly how can I fix this My spec's are the same as in my sig but I haven't mentioned I have a Logitech mx attached via USB as well as a standard mirosoft keyboard Please help me find out what's wrong Cheers Sam

A:BSOD - ntoskrnl.exe - Playing games

Hello,

Please take a look at the following link and attach the requested reports.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ta-452654.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-ntoskrnl-exe-playing-games-670320.html
Relevancy 64.07%

I've been crashing for a couple of months now and it's usually been while playing Dota Around the time the crashes started I overclocked my cpu but once while DOTA BSOD playing ntoskrnl.exe 2, I realized it was unstable I lowered the clock and the voltages The problem doesn't seem to be heat as I completely cleaned out my case and parts just a few days ago with a can of compressed air What I'm going to do next is go back to default voltages for my CPU NB and see if that stops the crashing Uploaded are all of my logs System specs for convenience Computer type PC Desktop Computer Manufacturer Model Number Custom build OS Windows Home Premium x CPU amd phenom ii x Motherboard gigabyte ga- a-usb Memory Kingston HyperX GB single stick Graphics Card s Geforce Ti Sound Card N A Monitor s Displays N A Screen Resolution N A Hard Drives Seagate gb PSU watt Case N A Cooling N A Keyboard N A Mouse N A Internet Speed N A Antivirus NOD Browser Firefox Other Info N A

A:BSOD while playing DOTA 2, ntoskrnl.exe

If stopping over clocking does not seem to help with the problem please do the following:

Update your Bios updates can be found on the motherboard manufacturers website.

Run memtest86+ for at least 8 passes: RAM - Test with Memtest86+

Run the following commands:

Quote:
SFC.EXE /SCANNOW
Go to Start and type in "cmd.exe" (without the quotes)
At the top of the search box, right click on the cmd.exe and select "Run as adminstrator"
In the black window that opens, type "SFC.EXE /SCANNOW" (without the quotes) and press Enter.
Let the program run and post back what it says when it's done.

then from the same command prompt issue the following to check for disk corruption:
Code:
chkdsk /r /f
and lastly please enable driver verifier and allow it ot crash your computer then post the new dump files her the way you did before:

Driver Verifier

If you can not boot normally after enabling verifier please boot into safe mode and disable verifier from safe mode.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/280154-bsod-while-playing-dota-2-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 64.07%

I had so many bsods while playing NFS Shift and i still cant find whats wrong!
Sometimes it was atimdag.sys with ntoskrnl.exe and other times only ntoskrnl.exe
Someone please check my dump file!
X48 chipset (gigabyte mobo dq6)
Intel E8500 with some OC but it has been stable for 2 years until next month.
4Gb Ram
6850 Saphire with normal clocks.
SSD + 4 HDDs
Just formated and instaled my OS again and again i get the same old bsod
Attachment 212894

A:BSOD NTOSKRNL.EXE while playing games etc

In other words STOP!!!

* If you have a Raid update its Driver.

Memtest.

Quote:

Driver Verifier

Quote:
Using Driver Verifier is an iffy proposition.
Most times it'll crash and it'll tell you what the driver is.
But sometimes it'll crash and won't tell you the driver.
Other times it'll crash before you can log in to Windows.
If you can't get to Safe Mode, then you'll have to resort to offline editing of the registry to disable Driver Verifier.

I'd suggest that you first backup your stuff and then make sure you've got access to another computer so you can contact us if problems arise.
Then make a System Restore point (so you can restore the system using the Vista/Win7 Startup Repair feature).

- Select everything EXCEPT FOR "Low Resource Simulation"IRP Logging and Force Pending I/O Requests. and click "Next"
NOTE: You can use Low Resource Simulation if you'd like.
From my limited experimentation it makes the BSOD's come faster.

If you are using win 8 add these
- Concurrency Stress Test
- DDI compliance checking

If it doesn't crash for you, then let it run for at least 36 hours of continuous operation.

Thanks to JCGriff2 & Usasma.

Sysnative Forums

Driver Reference Table (DRT)

Using Driver Verifier to identify issues with Windows drivers for advanced users

Driver Verifier

Using Driver Verifier (Windows Drivers)

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/230949-bsod-ntoskrnl-exe-while-playing-games-etc.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Windows Professional bit source MSDN Academic Alliance Hardware bought during last week of March system installed at that time Everything ran flawlessly until around weeks ago Computer acts normally until I launch a game tested with several titles Dead Space Guild playing games, while BSOD ntoskrnl.exe Wars Forsaken World Sword Then within around minutes usually one of three BSOD while playing games, ntoskrnl.exe things happens everything freezes like if I pressed a pause reboot required freeze like above but screen turns into a storm of colorful pixels reboot required BSOD system saving some data and then auto-reboot Other that that everything is fine No random reboots graphic artifacts sudden performance drops It might be without meaning but I noticed that either freeze BSOD happens withing first few minutes after launching a game or doesn't happen at all in that case everything is OK even for several hours until next reboot What I've done so far updated video driver mostly cuz of point ran night-long mem tests one for regular RAM second for video card memory monitored hardware temperatures did some general system clean-up like registry clearing disk defragmentation etc Everything seems to be in order As you may notice while reading contents of zip file perfmon seemed to be unable to recognize my antivirus - it's Avast Free Antivirus Any help or suggestions will be appreciated as I'm currently out of ideas other than full system reinstall or starting replacing parts of hardware

A:BSOD while playing games, ntoskrnl.exe

Easy around two weeks ago you installed Avast
I notice your avast which is often at least a contributing cause of BSOD'S . Please remove and replace your Avast with Microsoft Security Essentials AT LEAST TO TEST
http://files.avast.com/files/eng/aswclear5.exe

Microsoft Security Essentials - Free Antivirus for Windows

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/202983-bsod-while-playing-games-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hello all,

Relative computer noob that somehow built his own computer a few years ago lol. Recently I have been getting the dreaded BSOD almost everytime I play BF3, and I am finally deciding to try to get some help on the matter. The causes seem to vary however I've noticed that ntoskrnl.exe seems to be the culprit more often than not. Again, I'm somewhat of a computer noob so I'm not too sure what to really make of all the dmp files, to say I'm confused would be a huge understatement. I've uploaded my dmp file with this post, and if anyone could chime in on what I should do I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

As far as system specs
Gigabyte 880UD-3H
Phenom 1055t
HD 6870
8gb ram
Windows 7 64bit OEM version

A:BSOD when playing BF3. ntoskrnl.exe seems to be causing it?

Hi deltax,

Majority of the crashes seem to be caused by the 'ntkrnlmp.exe' driver.
Driver Description: NT Kernel & System - Different versions/date stamps according to OS and system specifications
The driver installs with 'Windows updates'.

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 4A, {75732e09, 2, 0, fffff8800a3daca0}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KiSystemServiceExit+245 )

---------

3: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

IRQL_GT_ZERO_AT_SYSTEM_SERVICE (4a)
Returning to usermode from a system call at an IRQL > PASSIVE_LEVEL.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000075732e09, Address of system function (system call routine)
Arg2: 0000000000000002, Current IRQL
Arg3: 0000000000000000, 0
Arg4: fffff8800a3daca0, 0

Debugging Details:
------------------

PROCESS_NAME: AvastSvc.exe

BUGCHECK_STR: RAISED_IRQL_FAULT
Another driver that seems to be causing trouble is 'dxgmms1.sys' (DirectX Graphics MMS), which also installs itself via 'Windows Updates'.

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 1000007E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff8800533ecee, fffff880021bd6a8, fffff880021bcf00}

Probably caused by : dxgmms1.sys ( dxgmms1!VIDMM_GLOBAL::ReferenceAllocationForPreparation+22 )

---------

4: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M (1000007e)
This is a very common bugcheck. Usually the exception address pinpoints
the driver/function that caused the problem. Always note this address
as well as the link date of the driver/image that contains this address.
Some common problems are exception code 0x80000003. This means a hard
coded breakpoint or assertion was hit, but this system was booted
/NODEBUG. This is not supposed to happen as developers should never have
hardcoded breakpoints in retail code, but ...
If this happens, make sure a debugger gets connected, and the
system is booted /DEBUG. This will let us see why this breakpoint is
happening.
Arguments:
Arg1: ffffffffc0000005, The exception code that was not handled
Arg2: fffff8800533ecee, The address that the exception occurred at
Arg3: fffff880021bd6a8, Exception Record Address
Arg4: fffff880021bcf00, Context Record Address

The following 'Windows update' has failed to install numerous times; which may have an i... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/281841-bsod-when-playing-bf3-ntoskrnl-exe-seems-causing.html
Relevancy 64.07%

x -bit or x Windows Home Premium bit the original installed - ntoskrnl.exe games playing while BCC BSOD - 124 OS on the system This was the original OS an OEM or full retail version OEM What is the age of system hardware The system was purchased but some items were added from original What is the age of OS installation - OS was just re-installed on - I have been having problems with my PC over the past week or so I have been getting a BCC error and its been difficult to diagnose what the issue is The crashes were occurring usually within minutes of playing a PC game SWTOR Civ LoL I started using BueScreenView to see what the cause was and it was Hal dll coming up most of the time I tried several things to fix BSOD - BCC 124 while playing games - ntoskrnl.exe it after reading articles online Startup repair didnt find anything sfc found no violations memtest chckdsk and a clean reinstall of windows did not help I think I finally stopped getting hal dll errors BSOD - BCC 124 while playing games - ntoskrnl.exe after doing repair console command bootsect exe nt ALL force and now its blue screening for ntoskrnl exe after m- h of playing a PC game Most of the articles I located online for these were for windows XP so it has been hard to find out what the next step would be for Windows Any help would be appreciated Michael Here is the info from the last dmp below and the rest is attached Dump File - - dmp Crash Time AM Bug Check String Bug Check Code x Parameter Parameter fffffa ea f Parameter Parameter Caused By Driver ntoskrnl exe Caused By Address ntoskrnl exe a e c File Description NT Kernel amp System Product Name Microsoft Windows Operating System Company Microsoft Corporation File Version win gdr - Processor x Crash Address ntoskrnl exe a e c Stack Address Stack Address Stack Address Computer Name Full Path C Windows Minidump - - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File Size

A:BSOD - BCC 124 while playing games - ntoskrnl.exe

Are you overclocking?

HAL (hardware abstraction layer) may have caused it.

Analysis by windbg (013112-21824-01.dmp):

Quote:
BugCheck 124, {0, fffffa800ea67028, fa000000, 400405}
Probably caused by : hardware
Arguments:
Arg2: fffffa800ea67028, Address of the WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure.
Arg3: 00000000fa000000, High order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.
Arg4: 0000000000400405, Low order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.
Debugging Details:
CURRENT_IRQL: f
STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`0311db58 fffff800`02c1c903 : 00000000`00000124 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`0ea67028 00000000`fa000000 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`0311db60 fffff800`02dd9513 : 00000000`00000001 fffffa80`0ea5a4f0 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`0ea5a540 : hal!HalBugCheckSystem+0x1e3
fffff880`0311dba0 fffff800`02c1c5c8 : 00000000`00000728 fffffa80`0ea5a4f0 fffff880`0311df30 fffff880`0311df00 : nt!WheaReportHwError+0x263
fffff880`0311dc00 fffff800`02c1bf1a : fffffa80`0ea5a4f0 fffff880`0311df30 fffffa80`0ea5a4f0 00000000`00000000 : hal!HalpMcaReportError+0x4c
fffff880`0311dd50 fffff800`02c1bdd5 : 00000000`00000008 00000000`00000001 fffff880`0311dfb0 00000000`00000000 : hal!HalpMceHandler+0x9e
fffff880`0311dd90 fffff800`02c0fe88 : fffffa80`0e93c8c0 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : hal!HalpMceHandlerWithRendezvous+0x55
fffff880`0311ddc0 fffff800`02cc37ac : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : hal!HalHandleMcheck+0x40
fffff880`0311ddf0 fffff800`02cc3613 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KxMcheckAbort+0x6c
fffff880`0311df30 fffff800`02cce97e : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiMcheckAbort+0x153
fffff880`0313d560 00000000`00000000 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiTimerWaitTest+0x3e
MODULE_NAME: hardware
IMAGE_NAME: hardware
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x124_GenuineIntel_PROCESSOR_MAE
BUCKET_ID: X64_0x124_GenuineIntel_PROCESSOR_MAE

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/212447-bsod-bcc-124-while-playing-games-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 64.07%

Hi,
I'm posting on behalf of a friend, who is not very good at english.
Anyway, his problem seems to appear only while playing Bf3. He formatted and reinstalled windows, checked the RAM with memtest86, and the hard drive with seatools. No errors were reported.
I have no idea what else to try. Hopefully you will be able to shed some light on the issue

A:BSOD while playing Battlefield 3, ntoskrnl.exe

That's a hardware error:

Start by updating the BIOS.

Code:
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 2105, 26.5.2009
And go through this thread: Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try

Quote:
A "stop 0x124" is fundamentally different to many other types of bluescreens because it stems from a hardware complaint.

Stop 0x124 minidumps contain very little practical information, and it is therefore necessary to approach the problem as a case of hardware in an unknown state of distress.

You can read more on this error and what to try here... Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try: Stop 124 Troubleshooting Strategy

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 124, {0, fffffa8004c61748, 0, 0}

Probably caused by : GenuineIntel

---------

* Bugcheck Analysis *

Arguments:
Arg2: fffffa8004c61748, Address of the WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure.
Arg3: 0000000000000000, High order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.
Arg4: 0000000000000000, Low order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.

Debugging Details:
------------------

CURRENT_IRQL: 0

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`02fe86b0 fffff800`02cccd29 : fffffa80`04c61720 fffffa80`03a20680 00000000`0000000a 00000000`00000000 : nt!WheapCreateLiveTriageDump+0x6c
fffff880`02fe8bd0 fffff800`02bac217 : fffffa80`04c61720 fffff800`02c26658 fffffa80`03a20680 00000000`00000000 : nt!WheapCreateTriageDumpFromPreviousSession+0x49
fffff880`02fe8c00 fffff800`02b13865 : fffff800`02c883a0 00000000`00000001 fffffa80`04af23d0 fffffa80`03a20680 : nt!WheapProcessWorkQueueItem+0x57
fffff880`02fe8c40 fffff800`02a93a21 : fffff880`011a5e00 fffff800`02b13840 fffffa80`03a20600 00000000`00000000 : nt!WheapWorkQueueWorkerRoutine+0x25
fffff880`02fe8c70 fffff800`02d26cce : 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`03a20680 00000000`00000080 fffffa80`03a0db30 : nt!ExpWorkerThread+0x111
fffff880`02fe8d00 fffff800`02a7afe6 : fffff880`009eb180 fffffa80`03a20680 fffff880`009f5f40 00000000`00000000 : nt!PspSystemThreadStartup+0x5a
fffff880`02fe8d40 00000000`00000000 : fffff880`02fe9000 fffff880`02fe3000 fffff880`0378e690 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiStartSystemThread+0x16

MODULE_NAME: GenuineIntel

IMAGE_NAME: GenuineIntel

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x124_GenuineIntel_PROCESSOR_BUS_PRV

BUCKET_ID: X64_0x124_GenuineIntel_PROCESSOR_BUS_PRV

---------

1: kd> !errrec fffffa8004c61748
===============================================================================
Common Platform Error Record @ fffffa8004c61748
------------------------------------------------------------------... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/281324-bsod-while-playing-battlefield-3-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 63.64%

hi, i have been having bsod's the last month mostly when playing arma2, i cannot remember if it has happened whilst other games/programs were runnning but im at a loss to what is causing it.

ive had bluescreenviewer since the problem started, are their any other programs that are useful for debugging ? i would like to dig a little deeper.

A:BSOD playing arma2 ntoskrnl.exe IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Welcome aboard.
Which mouse do you use?
Which Antivirus do you use?
Which USB audio device do you use?
upload your MSINFO32.nfo file.
Click on the start button
Type "msinfo32" (without quotes) in the search bar of the start menu, click the resulting link. It will open the System Information window.
File>Save. In the "File Name" filed, put "MSINFO32" (without Quote), give the save location to desktop, and click the "save" button.
Give the time for processing, it will save a .nfo file on your desktop.
Zip it, and upload it following the instruction.
And update your display driver. Latest AMD Catalyst Video Driver for Windows 7

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/266802-bsod-playing-arma2-ntoskrnl-exe-irq_not_less_or_equal.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Hello! It's been two years since my last BSOD on my Lenovo Y580 laptop.

I have the latest nvidia drivers, and the iirc the latest drivers since I just re-imaged the laptop a month ago.

Specs of the Laptop:
Intel i7-3630QM
Nvidia GTX 660M + Intel HD4000 (Optimus)
1TB HDD
8GB RAM

I heard this might be either RAM related or software related, but my RAM has been working fine ever since I got this computer about 2-3 years ago.

Attached is the zip file.

Thanks!
Greatdrift

A:BSOD while playing Dota 2, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL, ntoskrnl.exe

There are some important files missing from your logs we need to read to get the full picture. Can you run the DM Log collector again and upload the new logs, it can take up to three times to grab all of the files.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/375791-bsod-while-playing-dota-2-irql_not_less_or_equal-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Hello,

I recently got a new graphics card, as well as upgrading my OS to windows ten.

However before and after these actions I receive various BSODs but only while playing Overwatch.

Looking into it they seem to be related to the ntoskrnl.exe process, but I may be wrong.

Here is the information requested:

DESKTOP-5LT1QD2-2016-10-09_154942_55.zip

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/66485-bsod-playing-overwatch-ntoskrnl-related.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi,
I've been receiving BSODs over the last couple of months. It use to once a week but now on average is happening every 2-3 days
I'm generally web browsing in IE, with winamp playing and wow.
Just wondering if anyone can take a look and give me some suggestions.
Cheers.

A:BSOD while playing wow IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL ntoskrnl.exe+7efc0

Welcome

Are you using two antivirus programs?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/270218-bsod-while-playing-wow-irql_not_less_or_equal-ntoskrnl-exe-7efc0.html
Relevancy 63.64%

Hi! I've been having numerous crashes of Overwatch and Google Chrome for the past several weeks. I've been trying to troubleshoot the crashes but haven't been successful so far. I've attached the minidump files to this thread. If anyone can point me to what the problem is I'd be incredibly happy.

Thank you!

EDIT: I forgot to add that the BSOD's have started happening since I've installed a new graphics card, PSU, and RAM.

A:multiple BSOD's playing Overwatch, ntoskrnl.exe

Your motherboard says .....

Whereas your RAM runs at ....

Code:
Speed 1867MHz
Manufacturer Kingston
Serial Number
Asset Tag Number

Overclocking, with a very little mismatch speed. And, Overclocking may cause all the BSODs.

Please set the RAM speed to 1333 MHz and see how it goes.
Further troubleshooting may be needed depending on the result.

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/56425-multiple-bsods-playing-overwatch-ntoskrnl-exe.html