Windows Support Forum

Random BSOD on new custom build / ntoskrnl.exe+72a40 0x0000009f

Q: Random BSOD on new custom build / ntoskrnl.exe+72a40 0x0000009f

Hello I was hoping to get some help from you experts on what is causing the BSOD I keep getting related to a DRIVE_POWER_STATE_FAILURE. I have attached the zip file as needed.

Thanks

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: Random BSOD on new custom build / ntoskrnl.exe+72a40 0x0000009f

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: Random BSOD on new custom build / ntoskrnl.exe+72a40 0x0000009f

I seem to be getting these BSODs daily now and it is always the same DRIVE_POWER_STATE_FAILURE. I haven't noticed any real common things happening each time it happens. I have gone through and tried to update several drivers to see if that would help but it doesn't seem to have.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/369004-random-bsod-new-custom-build-ntoskrnl-exe-72a40-0x0000009f.html
Relevancy 84.63%

Hello, I am currently experiencing BSOD usually while under load playing CS:GO or WildStar (crashes occur instantly or after a few hours) and I will upload the .dmp files.

-I've tried resetting CMOS as I was previously overclocked.
-I've tried running Memtest to diagnose ram (both sticks were tested separately for ~4 hours)
-I've tried reinstalling Nvidia drivers
-I've tried moving anything plugged into USB 3.0 to 2.0 ports
-I've ran sfc /scannow everything checks out
-I've run any windows updates (Including optional updates)

Any other suggestions would be very helpful.

Thanks in advance!

A:Custom Built PC BSOD Randomly ntoskrnl.exe+72a40

i have the same bsod but not while playing games, only happened once while watching youtube and browsing on firefox.
btw have you ran test on your gpu yet? and hardware temp all normal?hdd healthy?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/367955-custom-built-pc-bsod-randomly-ntoskrnl-exe-72a40.html
Relevancy 80.91%

W bit SP AMD Athlon X GHz ARCTIC COOLING Freezer Pro Rev GIGABYTE GA- A-UD Corsair G XMS TW X G C A G XFX Radeon HD Corsair TX W CREATIVE SB X-Fi Titanium GB WD Caviar Black Machine was built by local vendor in August It's been back twice they replaced Saphire with XFX first time Replaced Asus M A BSOD, dxgmms1.sys ntoskrnl.exe, build, Custom Random TD-EVO with Gigabyte GA- A-UD next time Symptoms random BSOD multiple programs stop working Custom build, Random BSOD, ntoskrnl.exe, dxgmms1.sys Crashes happen when idle or stressing doesn't matter Can go days without issue I have exact identical software loaded on my W bit machine runs flawlessly Solutions tried Replaced Saphire with XFX Replaced Asus M TD EVO w Gigabyte GA- A-UD Re-formated clean install times Clean install of ATI drivers current Microsoft hotfixes pertaining to this crash wouldn't install don't apply to this system Installed latest direct x runtime All MS updates fully patched System file check sfc scannow Memtest passes Repair install blue screened right after System crashed with no software installed after a reformat This has stumped me the vendor and multiple forums Thanks and good luck

A:Custom build, Random BSOD, ntoskrnl.exe, dxgmms1.sys

The only thing in common with the two dump files provided is a memory access problem. Run RAM - Test with Memtest86+

Also, you can run Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable I recommend backing up important files and creating a system restore point or system image before using Driver verifier. If you are unable to boot Windows normally after enabling, start in safe mode. If safe mode also fails (this is rare, but does happen), run system restore/recovery from system image.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/199501-custom-build-random-bsod-ntoskrnl-exe-dxgmms1-sys.html
Relevancy 111.37%

RANDOM Bsod. that need to fix it?

A:Random Bsod ntoskrnl.exe+72a40

You are running an Acer Product ID (PID) on a Gigabyte board.
This makes your installation counterfeit.
Troubleshooting a counterfeit installation is useless as it is not known what has been modified to your system.
A counterfeit installation contains heavily modified code which causes the system to behave in unexpected ways.
For this reason, analyzing counterfeit systems is unreliable and most analysts won't try it.

Code:
?*?*????? ??: ??????****? ?*???*? ??**??
????* ??: Multiprocessor Free
?*??????***? ??*?????: Temp
?*??????****? ??**??*??:
??? ????*: 00426-OEM-8992662-00006 <-- Acer PID on Gigabyte board
?*?* ???**????: 15.08.2012, 9:29:30
??? ?*???? ????: 15.12.2015, 10:47:28
???????? ????: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
I recommend to install a genuine copy of Windows.
If, after you have installed a genuine copy of Windows, you still get BSOD's we'll be happy to assist you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/387684-random-bsod-ntoskrnl-exe-72a40.html
Relevancy 111.37%

Hello, I'm having random BSOD's caused by ntoskrnl.exe which always shows in nirsofts blue screen viewer as ntoskrnl.exe+72a40, this has happened 4 times in a few months. I'm hoping that someone here will be able to help me identify the cause of this annoying BSOD. I have attached the zip file per the BSOD posting instructions.

A:Random NTOSKRNL.EXE+72A40 BSOD

Windows Genuine and Activation Issue Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/376254-random-ntoskrnl-exe-72a40-bsod.html
Relevancy 111.37%

Randomly while doing anything I will get a bluescreen. Can anyone help I attached the .zip file with all the stuff in it.

A:Random BSOD ntoskrnl.exe+72a40.

Quote:
fffff880`0723f838 fffff880`0106cd0aUnable to load image bdfwfpf.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for bdfwfpf.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for bdfwfpf.sys
bdfwfpf+0xcd0a

Driver Reference Table - bdfwfpf.sys
Uninstall BitDefender, at least as a test. Use Microsoft Security Essentials as your antivirus with windows inbuilt firewall, and free MBAM as the on demand scanner.

Report us for any further BSOD.

Code:
BugCheck 4A, {77bbdc4a, 2, 0, fffff880064bdb60}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KiSystemServiceExit+245 )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/368708-random-bsod-ntoskrnl-exe-72a40.html
Relevancy 110.08%

I've looked through a few different post on here with ntoskrnl.exe+72a40 and none of them helped me with my issue. I have attached the zip file made for the dmp files.

This is an issue I've been trying to work on for weeks now, and have been having no luck fixing it. I've finally broken down and decided to ask for help. I know that one of the BSOD was from Kaspersky being outdated and causing issues. I've just recently fixed that issue. Now the issue is from the ntoskrnl.exe. After using the program on here to make the zip, I tried to view it, but wasn't sure how, so if someone could review my dmp files and help me out, I'd be most thankful.

A:BSOD a random time (ntoskrnl.exe+72a40)

Hiya and welcome to SevenForums!

Code:
BugCheck 9F, {3, fffffa800d175060, fffff80000b9a3d8, fffffa80168fb5d0}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for athrx.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for athrx.sys
Probably caused by : athrx.sys

Code:
BugCheck D1, {fffffa80165d6000, 2, 0, fffff880053deab4}

Unable to load image klim6.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for klim6.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for klim6.sys
Unable to load image kneps.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for kneps.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for kneps.sys
Probably caused by : klim6.sys ( klim6+3ab4 )
Remove Kaspersky and install Microsoft Security Essentials(MSE) for testing purposes.
Update your Atheros network adapter driver.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/377816-bsod-random-time-ntoskrnl-exe-72a40.html
Relevancy 98.47%

Hi all

So I have this issue in windows 10 where the keyboard of my laptop stops responding at random instances . None of the keys work. That is soon followed by BSOD and a " Driver Power state failure error message". When forcing the computer to restart by pressing the power button resolves the issue . But the keyboard still stops at random intervals. I have already check all the drivers and they are up to date and there are no yellow explanation marks in device manager and updated
i have run Blue screen viewer and attached the log from that . In all instances it appears the guilty party is " ntoskrnl.exe" but i cannot find any other info on how to resolve this . Can anyone please help?

edit: also added the dump files as zip

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/62537-bsod-random-error-0x0000009f-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 96.75%

Got my first blue screen of death tonight had firefox opened one watching youtube video another browsing internet After bsod /adress (ntoskrnl.exe+72a40) caused by driver (ntoskrnl.exe) BSOD it restarted i login but just black screen with cursor ctrl alt delete worked so i shut my computer down Boot up normally after check my minidump file bsod cause BSOD caused by driver (ntoskrnl.exe) /adress (ntoskrnl.exe+72a40) by ntoskrnl exe Did little search on google find BSOD caused by driver (ntoskrnl.exe) /adress (ntoskrnl.exe+72a40) has to do with ram and hard drive Downloaded wd data life guard diagnostic for my mechanic drive which is healthy but my ssd on shows failed end to end error rate value threshold worst is all in SMART statue Im not sure if i can trust this wd diagnostic on my crucial ssd there are alot of unknown in SMART statue too Theres no ssd diagnotic for crucial there is a firmware not sure if it helps So i downloaded and ran crystaldiskinfo on my ssd health statues says good it doesnt say end to end error rate like wd Instead same ID B line says quot unused reserve nand blocks quot instead Is my ssd good i havent ran a test on my ram yet This is almost month old build Asrock x x killer i k gtx w crucial x gb crucial gb ssd wd blue tb Heres info of bsod with bluescreenview Bug Check String- IRQL GT ZERO AT SYSTEM SERVICE Bug Check Code - x a Parameter - dc a Parameter - Parameter - Parameter - fffff b Caused By Driver- ntoskrnl exe Caused By Address- ntoskrnl exe a File Description- NT Kernel amp System

A:BSOD caused by driver (ntoskrnl.exe) /adress (ntoskrnl.exe+72a40)

Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/367819-bsod-caused-driver-ntoskrnl-exe-adress-ntoskrnl-exe-72a40.html
Relevancy 96.32%

Hello,
My mother's laptop has received two BSODs with the following errors:

0x000000ef & 0x0000009f
I'd like help to resolve this issue.
The DMP archive is attached.

Nathan

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/66431-bsod-random-error-0x000000ef-0x0000009f-caused-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 92.88%

I recently rebuilt my computer with almost all new parts except the 2 160GB HDD's which have all of my old data. I am getting multiple BSOD's but they usually refer to the driver ntfs.sys as the culprit from what I can find.

My previous system was receiving ntoskrnl.exe BSOD's but they were fairly rare. My new machine is getting them sporadically but usually a couple a day. It BSOD's once I ran the SF_Diagnostic Tool.

I have attached the dump files it created.

My PC Specs are in my "System Specs" portion of my profile

3.5Ghz FX-6300
8GB GSKILL Ripjaw X
1x Samsung M 120Gb SSD
1x WD Blue 1TB
GigaByte GA-970A-UD3

A:Multiple BSOD New custom Build ntfs.sys ntoskrnl.exe

Hello , The file you uploaded is corrupt, try running the SFDT again using the Grab All option.

Seeing how old the drives are I would recommend testing them.

Warning
This method should NOT be performed on an SSD!

Testing the HDD:
Perform a Disk Check | Disk Check
Then Post the results following | THIS METHOD
Download SeaTools for Windows if you don't want to use a CD to test the HDD you can use YUMI – Multiboot USB Creator to create a bootable USB (instructions are found at the bottom of both pages).
If SeaTools for Windows is unable to recognize your HDD visit HDDdiag and follow the instructions.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/303671-multiple-bsod-new-custom-build-ntfs-sys-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 92.45%

Hi, the problem is not mine. The configuration of the computer problem is similar, except for the video card. Please help. Logs attached.Archive files * dmp.

A:BSOD ntoskrnl.exe+72a40

The owner is running an ASUS Product ID (PID) on a MSI board.
This makes your installation counterfeit.
Troubleshooting a counterfeit installation is useless as it is not known what has been modified to your system.
A counterfeit installation contains heavily modified code which causes the system to behave in unexpected ways.
For this reason, analyzing counterfeit systems is unreliable and most analysts won't try it.

Code:
?*?*????? Ž‘: ˆ?????****? ?*???*? ??**??
‘???* Ž‘: Multiprocessor Free
‡*??????***? ??*?????: Admin
‡*??????****? ??**??*??:
Š?? ????*: 00426-OEM-8992662-00173 <-- ASUS PID on MSI board.
„*?* ???**????: 23.03.2016, 15:57:25
‚?? ?*???? ????: 25.03.2016, 21:16:42
ˆ??????? ????: MSI
I recommend to install a genuine copy of Windows.
If, after the owner has installed a genuine copy of Windows and BSOD's are still happing we'll be happy to assist.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/393953-bsod-ntoskrnl-exe-72a40.html
Relevancy 90.3%

Hi, all. I got this BSOD randomly several times a day. And I could not figure it out how to fix it. The dmp shows the cause of this is the Driver ntoskrnl.exe, caused by address is ntoskrnl.exe+72a40. I used memtest to test my ram, and it all passed, I also replace a new HDD, new PSU, reinstall the windows 7, but the problem won't go away. Please help. I have already attach my zip file on this threat~~

A:BSOD need help~~! Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit ntoskrnl.exe+72a40

It is a stop 0x124 BSOD. It is generally assumed to be a hardware related BSOD, but before going for hardware troubleshooting, it would be better to make the room a bit tidy and see the resulting situation.

Uninstall AUSU AI Suite II.

Daemon Tools, Alcohol 120% and Power Archiver Pro uses SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD), which is a well known BSOD causer. Uninstall Daemon Tools at first. Then download SPTD standalone installer from Disk-Tools.com, and execute the downloaded file as guided below :
Double click to open it.
Click this button only:

If it is grayed out, as in the picture, there is no more SPTD in your system, and you just close the window.
Free up the startup. Windows does not need any other program to auto start with it, but the auto start programs often conflicts and causes various problems including BSODs.
Click on the Start button
Type “msconfig (without quotes), click the resulting link. It will open the System Configuration window.
Select the “Startup” tab.
Deselect all items other than the antivirus.
Apply > OK
Accept then restart.
Now see how it goes. If it BSODs again, let us see the log files once again.

Code:
BugCheck 124, {0, fffffa803475e028, be200000, b110a}

Probably caused by : GenuineIntel

---------

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/368839-bsod-need-help-windows-7-ultimate-64-bit-ntoskrnl-exe-72a40.html
Relevancy 90.3%

So I had an HTPC setup, it runs MCEBUDDY to remove the commercials and then sync to my tablet in the middle of the night. The old system would randomly power itself off and give this error code when i turned it back on. Well I thought maybe the memory was failing so i replaced that, it still did it so I finally broker down and got this brand new system and ironically I am getting the exact same symptoms. This has to be due to a piece of software but I cannot figure out which one. Can someone please take a look at the dump files and let me know what else to try. Thank you so much in advance.

A:BSOD Brand New System ntoskrnl.exe+72a40

Your dumps are blaming ftdibus.sys which seems to be a usb to serial adapter Driver Reference Table - ftdibus.sys

Try finding an alternate driver or if you are not using it disable it.

Code:

* Bugcheck Analysis *
Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.
BugCheck 9F, {3, fffffa8006a8dbd0, fffff80001ce83d8, fffffa80057be240}
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for ftdibus.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for ftdibus.sys
Probably caused by : ftdibus.sys
---------

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/368639-bsod-brand-new-system-ntoskrnl-exe-72a40.html
Relevancy 89.87%

Hi Forums I recently bought a new computer from a pc build website I installed Win install, ntoskrnl/win32k Win7 Custom New BSOD issues Fresh Build, HP bit and started to instantly experience BSODs After a bit of diagnostics memtest told me that one of the RAM sticks was horrifically broken New Custom Build, Fresh Win7 install, BSOD issues ntoskrnl/win32k that has since been sent off for replacement and the system has been 'more' stable with only gb However I have still been experiencing BSODs specifically when the computer isn't doing very much of anything I have been trying to play BF which as you will probably know is littered with awful programming and has constant crashes generally though of the time these are 'soft crashes' and I can ctrl alt delete and end the process Most of the BSODs seem to not actually be related to the game crashing though may have come about because I have been trying to update my drivers etc etc to stop the constant game crashes I have done another fresh install since removing one of the gb ram sticks and did the usual driver installs updates and microsoft important updates I then went through and re-installed all my usual programs - vlc skype CCcleaner malwarebytes adobe air flash postgresql bbflashback video recorder MSE Since my last fresh install on the th November I have had BSODs many of which have come about when the computer is either basically idle or i'm watching a youtube video or just browsing files in explorer rather than whilst playing bf or doing more intense stuff x system service exception x kmode exception not handled x memory management x page fault in nonpaged area All my drivers are as far as I can see up to date where possible I auto detect Hopefully I have done this properly and included all information required in my pc specs pane and from the SFDTool Thanks in advance this has been a very frustrating and confusing few weeks The computer can work for hours on end absolutely fine including to play bf at high fps on high settings then suddenly doing nothing it crashes multiple times lsaw EDIT- As per the nd post in this thread- ntoskrnl exe BSOD randomly As far as I know nothing is OC I only put MSE on there I haven't run Chkdsk since this fresh install but had run it previously on my other installs Similarly I had run SFC before and got no errors Will check - now and potentially go back and redo steps and

A:New Custom Build, Fresh Win7 install, BSOD issues ntoskrnl/win32k

Hi lsaw2.

Your crash dumps are not showing finite cause, but they are stop 0x3B, usually caused either by RAM or by any driver failure..

Test your RAM modules for possible errors.
How to Test and Diagnose RAM Issues with Memtest86+
Run memtest for at least 8 passes, preferably overnight.
If it start showing errors/red lines, stop testing. A single error is enough to determine that something is going bad there.

If memtest86+ is free from errors, enable Driver Verifier to monitor the drivers.
Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable
Run Driver Verifier for 24 hours or the occurrence of the next crash, whichever is earlier.

Information
Why Driver Verifier:
It puts a stress on the drivers, ans so it makes the unstable drivers crash. Hopefully the driver that crashes is recorded in the memory dump.

How Can we know that DV is enabled:
It will make the system bit of slow, laggy.

Warning
Before enabling DV, make it sure that you have earlier System restore points made in your computer. You can check it easily by using CCleaner looking at Tools > System Restore.

If there is no points, make a System Restore Point manually before enabling DV.

Tip

If you fail to get on the Desktop because of DV, Boot into Advanced Boot Options > Safe mode. Disable DV there. Now boot normally again, and try following the instruction of enabling DV again.
If you cannot boot in Safe mode too, do a System Restore to a point you made earlier.

Let us know the results, with the subsequent crash dumps, if any.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/313783-new-custom-build-fresh-win7-install-bsod-issues-ntoskrnl-win32k.html
Relevancy 89.44%

hello,

i'm experiencing this BSOD repeatedly when playing game on my computer..
any idea what causing it?

A:BSOD repeat playing game, ntoskrnl.exe+72a40

Hiya and welcome to SevenForums!

Run MGADiag and post your results Windows Genuine and Activation Issue Posting Instructions

Uninstall Avast and install Microsoft Security Essentials for testing purposes.

Run Display Driver Uninstaller(DDU).
When you are done running DDU install your graphics driver. This is the guide for DDU: Display Driver Uninstaller: How to use

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/388389-bsod-repeat-playing-game-ntoskrnl-exe-72a40.html
Relevancy 89.44%

Was just watching a video and a BSOD came out of nowhere. First one in a very long time.

A:BSOD while watching YouTube video, ntoskrnl.exe+72a40

The ASUS PID on your Gigabyte retail motherboard means your OS is counterfeit.
Code:
Host Name: ZACH-PC
OS Name: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
OS Version: 6.1.7601 Service Pack 1 Build 7601
OS Manufacturer: Microsoft Corporation
OS Configuration: Standalone Workstation
OS Build Type: Multiprocessor Free
Registered Owner: Zach
Registered Organization:
Product ID: 00359-OEM-8992687-00007 ---> ASUS PID
Original Install Date: 05/02/2014, 12:04:55 PM
System Boot Time: 20/08/2015, 8:09:13 PM
System Manufacturer: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
System Model: Z87X-UD3H
System Type: x64-based PC
Counterfeit installations such as yours can contain heavily modified code that can cause the installation to behave in unexpected ways. Analysing BSODs and determining their causes on these sorts of installations is completely unreliable, and for this reason most analysts won't attempt it.

My recommendation is to install a genuine copy of Windows 7. This will minimise the problems you are experiencing and make subsequent diagnosis of BSODs far more reliable. Once you are running a genuine Windows 7 installation and are still experiencing BSODs, upload your new logs we will be happy to help you solve them.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/379196-bsod-while-watching-youtube-video-ntoskrnl-exe-72a40.html
Relevancy 87.72%

Hello, My friend has a Custom Built computer (1Y old) and now he has problems his computer crashing with the DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE message. I hope someone can help us finding the problem any help is appreciated.

Thanks In Advance.

A:Custom Build PC Random BSOD sometimes

Quote: Originally Posted by GianniDPC

Hello, My friend has a Custom Built computer (1Y old) and now he has problems his computer crashing with the DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE message. I hope someone can help us finding the problem any help is appreciated.

Thanks In Advance.

Before we can get to the underlying issue (Probably USB) There is a driver that needs to be updated or removed. Yours is from 2005

Asacpi.sys

The pre 2009 version of this driver is a known BSOD cause.

Quote:
Please visit this link: Asus tek computer inc. -support- drivers and download p7p55d le

ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download P7P55D LE
ASUSTeK Computer Inc. - Motherboards- ASUS P5K-VM

Scroll down to the utilities category, then scroll down to the "atk0110 driver for windowsxp/vista/windows 7 32&64-bit" (it's about the 12th item down).

Download and install it.

Go to c:\windows\system32\drivers to check and make sure that the asacpi.sys file is date stamped from 2009 or 2010 (not before).

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/223903-custom-build-pc-random-bsod-sometimes.html
Relevancy 87.29%

I have a problem where I keep having the BSOD with the x F error code saying that the file quot ntoskrnl exe quot is the cause I haven't been able to find any solutions which seem to work I tried to update my drivers but that didn't work My problem seems to be at random times sometimes when I try to open a game or when I'm not doing anything And since 'm not that great at solving computer problems I dont have any idea what to do If anyone can help me to solve this problem I would be happy to hear from you My information Windows is - x - original installed OS - an OEM - What is the age of system hardware I bought my laptop in the summer so i think it is approximately - months - What is the age of OS installation have you re-installed the OS I did not change 0X0000009F, BSOD times random at "ntoskrnl.exe" this so about - months

A:BSOD 0X0000009F, "ntoskrnl.exe" at random times

Avast can be a contributing cause of BSOD'S .

Please remove and replace with Microsoft Security Essentials AT LEAST TO TEST.

http://files.avast.com/files/eng/aswclear5.exe

Microsoft Security Essentials - Free Antivirus for Windows

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/217115-bsod-0x0000009f-ntoskrnl-exe-random-times.html
Relevancy 86.86%

Hiya, any help with this is much appreciated

Win 7 Pro 64bit
4gb RAM
4x MSI R9 270x
MSI Z77A-G45 MB
Celeron G1620

A:BSOD on new custom build random in timing

Hi James R 909.

Disabling hibernate will be good for you. And hibernate is not a must for a desktop.

Also Install Service pack 1 and all other windows updates. Otherwise the system will remain vulnerable to threats.

Code:
BugCheck A0, {b, bd867000, 3, 10c27000}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!PopWriteHiberPages+a3 )

---------
Learn how to install Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1)
Service Pack and Update Center - Microsoft Windows

Let us know the results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/319798-bsod-new-custom-build-random-timing.html
Relevancy 86.43%

Hi, I built a new pc but since putting it together and installing windows7 i have been getting BSOD's with varying bug check string values, but is nearly always caused by the driver "ntoskrnl.exe". not sure what to do and it's really starting to annoy me as I thought it could be the wireless driver so I updated it and had no bsod for a week or so but they have started occurring again, any help provided would be much appreciated. Attached are my dump files and other stuff the program deemed important.

A:Random BSOD's ntoskrnl.exe new PC build

Multiple bugcheck codes in a small time interval. It indicates to a memory malfunction. Not necessarily the physical memory, a misbehaving driver may also do it.

Test your RAM modules for possible errors. How to Test and Diagnose RAM Issues with Memtest86+
Run memtest86+ for at least 8 consecutive passes.

If it start showing errors/red lines, stop testing. A single error is enough to determine that something is going bad there.

If it does not show any error, enable Driver Verifier to monitor the drivers. Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable
Run Driver Verifier for 24 hours or the occurrence of the next crash, whichever is earlier.

Information
Why Driver Verifier:
It puts a stress on the drivers, ans so it makes the unstable drivers crash. Hopefully the driver that crashes is recorded in the memory dump.

How Can we know that DV is enabled:
It will make the system bit of slow, laggy.

Warning
Before enabling DV, make it sure that you have earlier System restore points made in your computer. You can check it easily by using CCleaner looking at Tools > System Restore.

If there is no points, make a System Restore Point manually before enabling DV.

Tip

If you fail to get on the Desktop because of DV, Boot into Advanced Boot Options > Safe mode. Disable DV there. Now boot normally again, and try following the instruction of enabling DV again.
If you cannot boot in Safe mode too, do a System Restore to a point you made earlier.

Let us know the results, with the subsequent crash dumps, if any.

Code:
BugCheck 18, {0, fffffa8007e9a7b0, 2, fffffa8006b1c780}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+48de1 )

---------

Code:
BugCheck 50, {ffffd6fb7ea00118, 0, fffff800035c1382, 7}
Could not read faulting driver name
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+43781 )

---------

Code:
BugCheck A, {20, 2, 1, fffff800034cd77c}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KeWaitForMultipleObjects+605 )

---------

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/359060-random-bsods-ntoskrnl-exe-new-pc-build.html
Relevancy 86%

less then two weeks ago I built a new PC to replace an old ailing computer (that I had built a number of years ago)

Ever since I've had it running however it, apparently randomly, will BSOD then restart. This has been happening several times a day even after a re-install I carried out last Friday. I was careful to use an anti-static mat and wrist strap whilst assembling the components.

EDIT: forgot to rename the zip file before uploading.

A:Random BSOD on new custom build & clean install of Win 7 Pro 64

Hello and welcome Stellaflora I am no expert at reading those dump files but am just wondering if you can find what the CPU temp is seeing that it is shutting down and then restarting.

Try Speccy to find out what it is it isn't an absolute exact measurement but close enough for this purpose.

Speccy - Download < download from piriform

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/280338-random-bsod-new-custom-build-clean-install-win-7-pro-64-a.html
Relevancy 85.57%

Hello,

I recently decided to build my first PC and after I booted up and installed drivers in bulk using the installation disks included, I would recieve random crashes every now and then. The blue screens usually happen about within 1-15 mins of me booting up the computer. If it passes that point I'm usually in the clear to use it as long as I want. Please help.

Thanks

A:Random BSOD on new computer build ntoskrnl.exe

As the starting point, please follow this post to disable Samsung Rapid mode.

Then report us for any further BSOD.

Code:
BugCheck F4, {3, fffffa800a9ca060, fffffa800a9ca340, fffff800033d3130}

----- ETW minidump data unavailable-----
Probably caused by : csrss.exe

---------

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/374487-random-bsod-new-computer-build-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 85.14%

Hello All I am new here but I have been surfing through the forums tirelessly in order Build 0x00000f4 fix) with error frequent random BSOD (possible Custom to try to remedy this BSOD situation that was plaguing my first build I hope that I can offer something to others that Custom Build with frequent random BSOD error 0x00000f4 (possible fix) may be having a similar problem I can only assume that this problem springs up with Gigabyte Z -UD H motherboards because that is what I am using but correct me if I'm wrong So I spent months trying to figure out what was wrong reconnected all of my SSDs and HDDs to the power supply switched out SATA cables switched RAM slots on my motherboard cleaned everything out changed the thermal paste on my processor did a clean install of windows twice ran all the memory tests with nothing coming up to show that anything was wrong updated my SSD firmware You get the idea I was at my wits end and I finally saw a post that said that the BIOS software that comes with Gigabyte and updates your BIOS for you has a reputation of bricking motherboards I read this and decided to use Q-flash to update my BIOS instead and Custom Build with frequent random BSOD error 0x00000f4 (possible fix) I haven't had a Custom Build with frequent random BSOD error 0x00000f4 (possible fix) BSOD in days I was getting BSsOD frequently while browsing the internet or typing up word documents the computer would just hang for - seconds and then blue screen Anyway I think that this may be a common issue for people starting new builds that are reluctant to use Q-flash and would rather use something that essentially updates for them It's just something to consider Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong or shed some light on what Q-flash does differently as I would like to know WHY my computer no longer blue screens randomly TLDR Use Q-flash to update BIOS not BIOS software from Gigabyte I wish you all the best and I hope we can live in a world without blue screens

A:Custom Build with frequent random BSOD error 0x00000f4 (possible fix)

Hi NudeGrandpa.

Good post.

It would be nice if we come to know about the other brands of motherboards too.

BTW, dont you have clothes?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/320997-custom-build-frequent-random-bsod-error-0x00000f4-possible-fix.html
Relevancy 85.14%

I've been getting BSOD for the past 4 days but they only occur around once or twice per day. The BSOD happens only when my computer is idle but not when gaming. Help would be much appreciated. I've attached the zip file of the minidump files. FYI, most of the time the error code is KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR.

Attachment 286760

Attachment 286770

A:One week old custom build getting random BSOD when idle but not gaming

Post it following the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions.

Upload your MSINFO32.nfo file.
Click on the start button
Type "msinfo32" (without quotes) in the search bar of the start menu, click the resulting link. It will open the System Information window.
File>Save. In the "File Name" filed, put "MSINFO32" (without Quote), give the save location to desktop, and click the "save" button.
Give the time for processing, it will save a .nfo file on your desktop.
Zip it, and upload it following the instruction.
And what is the brand of your 1 TB HDD? Is it still under warranty? If so, better you RMA it. It is showing huge and continuous problems..... apparently it is failing and causing all those BSODs, but the other files as per the BSOD posting instructions will help us infer in depth.

And Test your RAM modules for possible errors.

Let us know the results.

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 7A, {fffff6fc4000b8c0, ffffffffc000000e, 1a8f44860, fffff88001718270}

GetPointerFromAddress: unable to read from fffff800032fa278
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for win32k.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for win32k.sys
Probably caused by : memory_corruption

Followup: memory_corruption
---------

2: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR (7a)
The requested page of kernel data could not be read in. Typically caused by
a bad block in the paging file or disk controller error. Also see
KERNEL_STACK_INPAGE_ERROR.
If the error status is 0xC000000E, 0xC000009C, 0xC000009D or 0xC0000185,
it means the disk subsystem has experienced a failure.
If the error status is 0xC000009A, then it means the request failed because
a filesystem failed to make forward progress.
Arguments:
Arg1: fffff6fc4000b8c0, lock type that was held (value 1,2,3, or PTE address)
Arg2: ffffffffc000000e, error status (normally i/o status code)
Arg3: 00000001a8f44860, current process (virtual address for lock type 3, or PTE)
Arg4: fffff88001718270, virtual address that could not be in-paged (or PTE contents if arg1 is a PTE address)

Debugging Details:
------------------
ERROR_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc000000e - A device which does not exist was specified.

DISK_HARDWARE_ERROR: There was error with disk hardware

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x7a_c000000e

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: CODE_CORRUPTION

PROCESS_NAME: Steam.exe

CURRENT_IRQL: 0

TRAP_FRAME: fffff8800de24120 -- (.trap 0xfffff8800de24120)
NOTE: The trap frame does not contain all registers.
Some register values may be zeroed or incorrect.
rax=0000000000000001 rbx=0000000000000000 rcx=0000000000083001
rdx=fffff8800de257a0 rsi=0000000000000000 rdi=0000000000000000
rip=fffff88001718270 rsp=fffff8800de242b8 rbp=fffff8800de243f0
r8=fffff88001718270 r9=fffff8800de243f0 r10=0000000100000000
r11=fffff8800de24328 r12=0000000000000000 r13=0000000000000000
r14=0000000000000000 r15=0000000000000000
iopl=... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/305682-one-week-old-custom-build-getting-random-bsod-when-idle-but-not-gaming.html
Relevancy 85.14%

I recently built a new system with my father and he has been having random BSODs with always a different error from day one.

Unfortunately he tried to re-install so all I have is one .dmp file since the re-install.

0x7E dxgmms1.sys was the last one he encountered, I have an email with the other errors he got BSODs from:
0x7E aswmonflt.sys
0x1A ntoskrnl.exe
0x1A ntkrnlmp.exe
0x24 ntfs.sys
0x3B ntoskrnl.exe
0xF4 ntoskrnl.exe
His system specs are in my profile also.

He tested his RAM with memtest86 for 5 hours with no errors he said.

Thanks in advance.

A:Random BSOD errors, new custom build system, tried reformat.

There is only one crash dump, which is not very informative itself.

It also appears that you already have uninstalled Avast which did not help.
But you havent employed an antivirus back. Which is not healthy. Use Microsoft Security Essentials as your antivirus with windows inbuilt firewall, and free MBAM as the on demand scanner.

Now, as you reported for versatile BSODs, better we take a memory test. Test your RAM modules for possible errors. How to Test and Diagnose RAM Issues with Memtest86+

Let us know the result. Further actions will be needed depending on the result.

Code:
BugCheck 24, {1904fb, fffff88007811d48, fffff880078115a0, fffff80002ac4fc4}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!ExAcquireResourceExclusiveLite+54 )

---------

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/361869-random-bsod-errors-new-custom-build-system-tried-reformat.html
Relevancy 79.55%

The computer starts to go crazy around midnight, then BSOD. Should be in sleep mode at that point.

Kaspersky is disabled, Windows FW enabled.
Mem check: okay
Drivers: No unsigned

Any help would be great, let me know if you need further details.

A:BSOD 0x0000009f, ntoskrnl.exe, DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE

Hello stugotz.

It is Citrix Deterministic Network Enhancer Miniport or Cisco Systems VPN Client.

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 9F, {3, fffffa800735dbb0, fffff80004fce3d8, fffffa80113e1250}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\dne64x.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for dne64x.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for dne64x.sys
Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp

---------
And it is very old.

Code:
fffff880`05cd4000 fffff880`05d00000 dne64x T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: dne64x.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\dne64x.sys
Image name: dne64x.sys
Timestamp: Tue Nov 11 06:31:24 2008 (4918D964)
CheckSum: 000359DA
ImageSize: 0002C000
Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
Update it from Cisco Systems, Inc.

Also, Fresco Logic xHCI (USB3) Device Driver.

Code:
fffff800`04fce818 fffff880`01c10feaUnable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\FLxHCIc.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for FLxHCIc.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for FLxHCIc.sys
FLxHCIc+0x10fea
Update it from FRESCO LOGIC INC.===Leap into SuperSpeed===.

Do some general USB related troubleshooting. For the port, first, uninstall and reinstall the USB ports drivers.
Right click on Computer icon > manage. It will open the computer management window.
Click on "Device Manager" in the left pane, it will list all installed devices up.
Expand "USB Serial Bus Controllers" by clicking on the triangle in front of it.
Click on one item to select, then right click and uninstall.
Do the same for all.
Restart the computer.
At restart, windows will auto configure the appropriate drivers.
And, Disable USB Selective Suspense too.
USB Selective Suspend - Turn On or Off

For the devices, first, detach all the USB devices other than the keyboard and mouse.
Then, Update the drivers for them all, including the keyboard and mouse, if any third party drivers are installed for them.

Free up the startup.
Type ?msconfig (without quotes), click the resulting link. It will open the System Configuration window.
Select the ?Startup? tab.
Apply > OK
Accept the restart.
Let us know the results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/276511-bsod-0x0000009f-ntoskrnl-exe-driver_power_state_failure.html
Relevancy 78.69%

Hello My first BSOD occured on my -month-old ASUS GL JM laptop while I was opening the Task Manager It was running on battery while I was playing Don't Starve Together on Steam I closed Don't Starve Together and plugged in the charger caused error 0x0000009f by ntoskrnl.exe BSOD minutes later I noticed the computer being a little laggy while browsing the web I wanted to open the Task Manager to see what was being so slow and that's when the BSOD occured I've played Don't Starve Together many times but this has never happened before I typically put my computer into sleep mode instead of turning it off Perhaps this contributed to the problem but I had not recently woken up the computer I ran BlueScreenView and it said DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE caused by ntoskrnl exe Online searches gave me a great range of answers that gave me more questions so I updated my Intel and NVidia drivers but that's about it This is also my workstation for graphic and animation work so I would like to prevent BSODs as much as possible I run Windows -bit Help would be greatly BSOD error 0x0000009f caused by ntoskrnl.exe appreciated Going to sleep right BSOD error 0x0000009f caused by ntoskrnl.exe after posting so I'll check in approximately hrs

A:BSOD error 0x0000009f caused by ntoskrnl.exe

Update drivers in red. Uninstall Asus Charger, and monitor your temperatures.

Code:
PxHlpa64.sys Tue Dec 11 00:49:01 2007 (475DD06D)
Sonic CD/DVD driver (used by many different CD/DVD programs)
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=PxHlpa64.sys

adfs.SYS Thu Jun 26 22:52:37 2008 (48640195)
Adobe File System Driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=adfs.SYS

ASMMAP64.sys Thu Jul 2 11:13:26 2009 (4A4C7A36)
LENOVO ATK Hotkey ATK0101 ACPI UTILITY (also found in Asus systems)
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=ASMMAP64.sys

AiCharger.sys Fri Sep 23 04:04:40 2011 (4E7BE938)
Asus Charger Driver [br] Likely BSOD cause - haven't seen recently (15Jan2013)
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=AiCharger.sys

kbfiltr.sys Thu Aug 2 05:22:22 2012 (5019F26E)

kbfiltr.sys - this driver hasn't been added to the DRT as of this run. Please search Google/Bing for the driver if additional information is needed.

atkwmiacpi64.sys Tue Jul 2 10:35:32 2013 (51D290D4)
ATK WMIACPI Utility
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=atkwmiacpi64.sys

TeeDriverx64.sys Mon Aug 19 19:23:31 2013 (52125493)
Intel Management Engine Interface driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=TeeDriverx64.sys

intelppm.sys Thu Aug 22 10:46:35 2013 (5215CFEB)
Intel Processor driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=intelppm.sys

AsHIDSwitch64.sys Tue Oct 8 03:45:17 2013 (525363AD)
HID driver for ASUS Wireless Radio Control
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=AsHIDSwitch64.sys

RtsPer.sys Fri Oct 18 08:09:07 2013 (5260D083)
RealTek RTS PCIE READER Driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=RtsPer.sys

btmhsf.sys Thu Feb 20 15:42:24 2014 (53061450)
Intel Proset Bluetooth HighSpeed Filter Driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=btmhsf.sys

Netwbw02.sys Thu Feb 27 12:15:45 2014 (530F1E61)
Intel? Wireless WiFi Link Driver - Intel? Wireless WiFi Link Adapter
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=Netwbw02.sys

iwdbus.sys Thu Mar 13 22:59:14 2014 (53222A32)
Intel WIDI Bus Enumerator driver[br]Related to Intel Widi - Wireless Display
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=iwdbus.sys

igdkmd64.sys Wed Apr 23 22:26:24 2014 (535821F0)
Intel Graphics driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=igdkmd64.sys

dump_iaStorA.sys Sat May 3 01:06:56 2014 (53642510)
driver created to provide disk access during crash dump file generation
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=dump_iaStorA.sys

iaStorA.sys Sat May 3 01:06:56 2014 (53642510)
Intel RST (Rapid Storage Technology) driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=iaStorA.sys

ibtusb.sys Wed May 14 02:03:39 2014 (5372B2DB)
Intel(R) Wireless Bluetooth(R) Filter Driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=ibtusb.sys

Rt630x64.sys Thu May 29 09:46:09 2014 (5386E5C1)
Realtek PCI/PCIe Adapters
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=Rt630x64.sys

RTKVHD64.sys Tue Jul 1 14:24:35 2014 (53B2A883)
Realtek High Definition Audio Function Driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=RTKVHD64.sys

AsusTP.sys Wed Jul 2 12:30:40 2014 (53B3DF50)
Asis transformer pad filter driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=AsusTP.sys

SCDEmu.SYS Wed Oct 8 15:09:34 2014 (5435378E)

SCDEmu.SYS - this driver hasn't been added to the DRT as of this run. Please search Google/Bing for the driver if additional information is needed.

wachidrouter.sys Sat Oct 25 22:51:40 2014 (544C0D5C)
Wacom HID Router Driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=wachidrouter.sys

wacomrouterfilter.sys Sat Oct 25 22:51:47 2014 (544C0D63)
Wacom Router Filter
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=wacomrouterfilter.sys

nvvad64v.sys Thu Nov 20 16:33:54 2014 (546E09E2)
NVIDIA Virtual Audio Driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=nvvad64v.sys

NvStreamKms.sys Sat Nov 22 08:46:45 2014 (54703F65)
nVidia Str... Read more

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/61051-bsod-error-0x0000009f-caused-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 78.69%

Thank you very much in advance!
I have been getting this BSOD for sometime now. It started when I was originally running Windows 10 where I got the blue screen for a DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE. I used a program called "bluescreenview" that told me that the issue was caused by a driver called ntoskrnl.exe. I tried to update all my drivers, disable sleep settings, uninstalled Mcafee and I still got the screen. I got desperate and restore my computer entirely, which brought my computer back to Windows 8.1, since that was the original operating system my laptop had. I still got the same blue screen, even without installing anything new. It is an ASUS ROG GL551JW notebook. So I currently have Windows 8.1. Thank you for you help!

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/75129-bsod-caused-ntoskrnl-exe-error-0x0000009f.html
Relevancy 78.69%

I've been getting DRIVER_POWER_STATE shutdowns on my comp recently when I leave it running for a day or overnight. I have about 5 dmp files showing the same ntoskrnl.exe.

Please let me know if I need to include more information.

Thanks

A:BSOD ntoskrnl.exe + 7flc0, error 0x0000009f

You don't have your msinfo file attached. If you deleted it or misplace the file, please re-attach it.

Drivers
The following drivers need to be updated:

Code:
lmimirr.sys Wed Apr 11 08:32:45 2007 (461C108D)
RaInfo.sys Sat Jan 5 05:57:14 2008 (477E818A)
AmdTools64.sys Tue Apr 29 03:03:39 2008 (4816036B)
LMIRfsDriver.sys Tue Jul 15 02:26:56 2008 (487B7E50)
dne64x.sys Tue Nov 11 12:01:24 2008 (4918D964)
These drivers can be found by searching them in Google and then finding the associated software or driver. Finally, find the latest version of this driver or software and download and install it. Some of the drivers may also be found here (if the driver says 'Windows Update' simply make sure all Windows Updates are installed).

You should also update any other drivers you can think of including graphics, audio, chipset, SSD etc.

Your dumps pointed to either NETwNs64.sys (associated with Intel(R) Wireless WiFi Link 5000 Series Adapter Driver for Windows 7) or k57nd60a.sys (associated with Broadcom NetLink Gigabit Ethernet NDIS6.x Unified Driver). Please update the two drivers from the below links or from your manufacturer website.
Ethernet NIC Driver Downloads | Broadcom
http://downloadcenter.intel.com/Default.aspx

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/244608-bsod-ntoskrnl-exe-7flc0-error-0x0000009f.html
Relevancy 78.69%

Howdy In my time troubleshooting past problems with this laptop I've seen how helpful everyone here is so I figured I would come here for help as I've nowhere else to turn This is my first post so bear with me I'll try to be as cooperative as I can I'm dealing with a super pesky BSOD issue It's always the same error - DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE x F It happens at random times I haven't been able to isolate what's causing it I installed WinDbg and WhoCrashed and tried looking at the minidumps they said it was nvlddmkm sys pci sys ntoskrnl exe causing an error I also used BlueScreenView and in all of the dumps it highlights ntoskrnl exe ntoskrnl exe eacd as the error In one of the more recent BSODs it also highlighted dxgmms sys as an issue as well I've done lots of troubleshooting through google lots of which happened to be viewing threads on this forum I saw someone whose Realtek PCIE Card Reader driver was the issue but when I tried the driver that worked for him I got a BSOD the next day I then proceeded to uninstall that card driver completely I read also BSOD~DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE~0x0000009F~nvlddmkm.sys~ntoskrnl.exe that it's an issue with the integrated graphics That makes some sense BSOD~DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE~0x0000009F~nvlddmkm.sys~ntoskrnl.exe because I never remember crashing while gaming using the main card but that could merely be coincidence as the BSODs aren't frequent enough to say I didn't know if switching between integrated and the main card could be a problem Regarding BSOD~DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE~0x0000009F~nvlddmkm.sys~ntoskrnl.exe nvlddmkm sys I googled and found that it can cause some BSODs or errors Supposedly nvidia's driver updates don't replace this file which causes issues so I had to do it manually - didn't work - unfortunately I still got BSODs I also saw a thread online somewhere in which someone said that it was a problem with the GTX M my card itself and that Dell said it was causing issues and needed to be replaced I didn't want to have to resort to that if I didn't have to so I'm coming here for help My specs are in my profile info A few days ago I installed the GTX M Vbios A urgent update available from the dell site -- no luck -- I still got a BSOD The driver for my M is the latest Beta Verde nVidia driver - I installed this a day or two ago still got a BSOD Before this driver I had with a modded inf I remember it not being able to install without the modded inf file I believe all of my other drivers are up to date as well is there a suggested way to be sure of this As for security I've got ESET Smart Security installed I've never had any issues with it before though Anyways I'm not sure if this will help but here's other background info Since maybe mid-October I've been getting these BSOD on a somewhat frequent basis I might have in one day none for two weeks and then more in the span of days I had ignored it as it seemed to grow less frequent and I didn't have the time to attempt to fix the problem or have my laptop out of commission - as I was in the middle of my semester I don't know what I changed on my machine to cause this -- about a day before the first BSOD I vaguely remember attempting to install some printer driver for a friend's printer which I uninstalled shortly after I don't think that it's the cause just coincidence probably Any help would be greatly appreciated I'm more than happy to co-operate and fix this thing that has been plaguing my computer Here's the files I believe you need Attachment

A:BSOD~DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE~0x0000009F~nvlddmkm.sys~ntoskrnl.exe

Hi.

Update software\driver for your DeathAdder Mouse .

Razer Support

Run Update for ESET Smart Security.
Update software\driver for Western Digital SCSI Arcitecture Model (SAM) WDM.

WD Support / Downloads / Select Product
Download and install the Driver Sweeper.

Download the most recent software\driver for your NVIDIA .

Uninstall nvidia software\driver,restart in safe mode,run driver sweeper,choose only NVIDIA-Display and clean,restart in normal mode.

Install the new nvidia software\driver,restart.

Update DirectX .
Run the nvidia-video-card-test post here the results.

Run RAM - Test with Memtest86+

Finish and post back.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/209408-bsod-driver_power_state_failure-0x0000009f-nvlddmkm-sys-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 78.69%

Hi all,
I've been experiencing some BSODs recently and I would greatly appreciate your views on root causes and potential fixes.

For your info: I purchased my system in September 2011 at Digital Storm and started to experience BSODs in November 2011. I reinstalled Windows towards end of 2011 then changed the motherboard in June 2012.

Basis system specs:
- Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
- OEM
- Hardware from September 2011 except motherboard from June 2012
- OS reinstalled in June 2012 following change of motherboard

Thanks in advance!

A:BSOD - DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE - error 0x0000009f cause by ntoskrnl

Device Concerns:
Code:
Ethernet Controller PCI\VEN_10EC&DEV_8168&SUBSYS_85051043&REV_09\4&11EB9DBD&0&00E4 The drivers for this device are not installed.
PCI Simple Communications Controller PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1E3A&SUBSYS_84CA1043&REV_04\3&11583659&0&B0 The drivers for this device are not installed.
Universal Serial Bus (USB) Controller PCI\VEN_1B21&DEV_1042&SUBSYS_84881043&REV_00\4&3927C719&0&00E7 The drivers for this device are not installed.
SM Bus Controller PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1E22&SUBSYS_84CA1043&REV_04\3&11583659&0&FB The drivers for this device are not installed.
Universal Serial Bus (USB) Controller PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1E31&SUBSYS_84CA1043&REV_04\3&11583659&0&A0 The drivers for this device are not installed.
Prior to getting help, please install the above drivers from your motherboard support site. If you need help, please fill in your system specs in your profile and not in a post in this thread: System Info - See Your System Specs

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/240106-bsod-driver_power_state_failure-error-0x0000009f-cause-ntoskrnl.html
Relevancy 78.69%

Hello. I have a problem with my notebook. I re-installed it before two days and now blue screen appears once or twice daily. Blue screen also appeared before re-installation. I attached dmp files.

A:BSOD ntoskrnl.exe+71f00, bugcheck 0x0000009f

Read on the top of your post. Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/361754-bsod-ntoskrnl-exe-71f00-bugcheck-0x0000009f.html
Relevancy 76.97%

I've been experiencing this BSOD on and off for a while now, and after doing some research came across a forum post suggesting to do a memtest. I've only had time to run it for 3 passes and will try for the full 8 later in the week when I have more time.

I thought I would start a thread to make sure there are no other underlying issues that could be the cause of the BSOD. Attached are the SF Files. Thanks!

A:BSOD Driver Power State Failure 0x0000009f (ntoskrnl.exe)

Hi MSB117.

The dedicated GPU is totally out!!! Does a restart brings it back?

Yes, a stop 0x9F can do it, based on sleep/hibernation settings and it is often seen for Optimus Technology/Switchable graphics. It is not the first instance.

As the GPU is causing continuous issue over a time, I would suggest you to contract Dell/Alienware servicing center.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/319108-bsod-driver-power-state-failure-0x0000009f-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 73.53%

I have a Lenovo laptop running windows 8 that keeps randomly getting the above BSOD. Reliability monitor doesn't give any solutions.

run chkdsk /r with no errors. same with sfc /scannow. All updates are installed and all drivers are updated from Lenovo website.

I attach the dump files.

Thanks.

Christos

A:Random BSOD 0x0000009f

The BSOD's blame the wired networking driver (rtl8187.sys), so please update it (as it dates from 2009).

Please update these older drivers. Links are included to assist in looking up the source of the drivers. If unable to find an update, please remove (un-install) the program responsible for that driver. DO NOT manually delete/rename the driver as it may make the system unbootable! :

rtl8187.sys Wed Dec 9 04:16:39 2009 (4B1F6AF7)
Realtek networking driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=rtl8187.sys

LhdX64.sys Mon Jan 11 10:06:58 2010 (4B4B3E92)
Lenovo HD Disk Driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=LhdX64.sys

BPntDrv.sys Thu Sep 2 04:23:31 2010 (4C7F5F03)
Lenovo EE Boot Optimizer
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=BPntDrv.sys

fbfmon.sys Thu Jan 27 10:35:42 2011 (4D4190CE)
Lenovo EE Boot Optimizer driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=fbfmon.sys

iaStor.sys Tue Nov 29 22:39:19 2011 (4ED5A567)
Intel Storage drivers
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=iaStor.sys

IntcDAud.sys Tue Dec 6 06:23:07 2011 (4EDDFB1B)
Intel Graphics Media Accelerator HD Driver
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=IntcDAud.sys

Analysis:
The following is for informational purposes only.

Code:
**************************Fri Aug 2 06:57:14.890 2013 (UTC - 4:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\John\SysnativeBSODApps\080213-20484-01.dmp]
Windows 8 Kernel Version 9200 MP (4 procs) Free x64
Built by: 9200.16581.amd64fre.win8_gdr.130410-1505
System Uptime:0 days 1:51:15.567
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for Wdf01000.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for usbhub.sys
Probably caused by :usbhub.sys
BugCheck 9F, {4, 12c, fffffa800b4261c0, fffff88001301810}
BugCheck Info: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE (9f)
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000004, The power transition timed out waiting to synchronize with the Pnp
subsystem.
Arg2: 000000000000012c, Timeout in seconds.
Arg3: fffffa800b4261c0, The thread currently holding on to the Pnp lock.
Arg4: fffff88001301810, nt!TRIAGE_9F_PNP on Win7
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x9F
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN8_DRIVER_FAULT
PROCESS_NAME: System
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x9F_4_rtl8187_IMAGE_usbhub.sys
CPUID: "Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3210M CPU @ 2.50GHz"
MaxSpeed: 2500
CurrentSpeed: 2494
BIOS Version 62CN37WW
BIOS Release Date 06/13/2012
Manufacturer LENOVO
Product Name 20157
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
**************************Thu Aug 1 12:17:37.756 2013 (UTC - 4:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\John\SysnativeBSODApps\080113-31812-01.dmp]
Windows 8 Kernel Version 9200 MP (4 procs) Free x64
Built by: 9200.16581.amd64fre.win8_gdr.130410-1505
System Uptime:0 days 0:26:00.433
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for Wdf01000.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for usbhub.sys
Probably caused by :usbhub.sys
BugCheck 9F, {4, 12c, fffffa800bbb3040, fffff8800228e810}
BugCheck Info: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE (9f)
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000004, The power transition timed out waiting to synchronize with the Pnp
subsystem.
Arg2: 000000000000012c, Timeout in seconds.
Arg3: fffffa800bbb3040, The thread currently holding on to the Pnp lock.
Arg4: fffff8800228e810, nt!TRIAGE_9F_PNP on Win7
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x9F
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN8_DRIVER_FAULT
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x9F_4... Read more

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/29140-random-bsod-0x0000009f.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Hi all hope someone can help as this has me stumped I built a new PC with an AMD APU A Quad GHz using the onboard graphics in the APU with Windows bit It was built about month ago on custom with APU BSODs AMD A8 build new Random and the problem began as soon as windows was installed with no software other than drivers Since it was built its been intermittently bluescreening mostly when playing games installation of rift during play of final fantasy XI during starcraft and also when browsing the web via firefox Spotify is sometimes running and playing music in the background although it has bluescreened without spotify even being open The error codes vary mostly it is D with USBport sys but has also come Random BSODs on new custom build with AMD A8 APU up with others as I'm sure you can see in the dump I tried a format and reinstall of windows tried using only the latest drivers from gigabyte tried replacing the RAM to a different brand and size now it is using only a single stick of DDR GB Random BSODs on new custom build with AMD A8 APU It originally had GB stick or DDR PC is running MS security essentials AV If you can help it would much appreciated thanks

A:Random BSODs on new custom build with AMD A8 APU

Do the following steps and post back results of each.Download and install HWiNFO64 for 64-bit Windows 7. Run with sensor-only not checked. Select save report, and save an .html file with your hardware information in a folder you will remember. Compress (zip) the .html file and upload to your next post so we can check for hardware incompatibilities. Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums
Run through the steps for USB Driver - General Fix for Problems to determine any USB related problems.
Also, USB issues can be related to the BIOS version and chipset drivers, so make sure both are up to date for your system.
Run the boot version of Memtest86+ paying close attention to Parts 2 and 3 of the tutorial. Also, in case Memtest86+ misses anything and comes up with no errors, run the extended version of the Windows Memory Diagnostics Tool for at least five passes. These you may want to run overnight since they take a long time to complete (run them an hour before bed each of the next two nights and check before going to sleep that they are still running).
If you swap any memory components, follow these steps for ESD safety:Shut down and turn off your computer.
Unplug all power supplies to the computer (AC Power then battery for laptops, AC power for desktops)
Hold down the power button for 30 seconds to close the circuit and ensure all power drains from components.
Make sure you are grounded by using proper grounding techniques, i.e. work on an anti-static workbench, anti-static desk, or an anti-static pad. Hold something metallic while touching it to the anti-static surface, or use an anti-static wristband to attach to the anti-static material while working.
Once these steps have been followed, it is safe to remove and replace components within your computer.
Use HWINFO to monitor your temperatures. Start logging the temperature through sensor-only mode when the computer first starts, and let it run during stress or until a crash occurs.

Save the CSV file in a place you will remember, and then compress the CSV file to a zip file and upload to here for us to analyze by following the steps in Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums.
Use FurMark: VGA Stress Test, Graphics Card and GPU Stability Test, Burn-in Test, OpenGL Benchmark and GPU Temperature | oZone3D.Net to test the graphics card GPU. Then use the |MG| Video Memory Stress Test 1.7.116 Download to test your graphics card memory.
Run Hardware - Stress Test With Prime95 to determine any hardware problems. Run all three tests for a few hours each. If you get errors, stop the test and post back here.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/213354-random-bsods-new-custom-build-amd-a8-apu.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Good evening everyone and Happy Fourth of July I am new to the forum but not new to the world of custom building systems I have built many systems over the years but this particular issue has me reeling a bit Here are the specs Core i GHz Intel DP KG MB GB PC - MHz -pin DDR GB Kingston Memory Sticks Tested and recommended by Intel for Build Custom Reboots Random PC on this board NVIDIA GeForce GT video card Antec EarthWatts w PS Here are some of the issues that I m having The boot up takes extremely long I will power on my system and it will be almost - seconds sometimes before the POST screen even Random Reboots on Custom Build PC shows up Once Windows starts loading it s fairly quick for a standard non SSD HD I ve updated my BIOS and disabled unnecessary features in BIOS to try and speed this process up but no luck Recently Random Reboots on Custom Build PC I changed my RAM to Kingston was using Corsair but was getting memory errors on my system every so often I d be using it as normal where my system would just shut down and start beeping beeps than a pause beeps then a pause According to the Intel manual for my board that s a RAM error I contacted Intel and of course they suggested I use RAM that has been proven and quot tested quot by them I recently purchased Kingston RAM and installed yesterday I more often than not have been having random restarts on the system The screen will go blank and the system will reboot without any warning whatsoever I ve checked event Random Reboots on Custom Build PC logs in BIOS and Windows and nothing stands out I receive no blue screen errors or anything I ve already begun the process for an RMA on my power supply but I m curious what other thoughts you all may have I am at a total loss on these two issues I take a lot of pride in my systems but these two issues are bugging the crap out of me I figure if anyone can get to the bottom of this DSLR can Thanks in advance guys and gals nbsp

Relevancy 72.67%

I actually rarely get the BSOD. Usually the computer just reboots with no error displayed, nothing recorded in the event log. Only Twice has the error, 0x0000009f, been recorded. I have attached the grab all from SF diagnostics tool. As far as I can tell there is no particular event that triggers the reboot. Any help will be greatly appreciated as this is extremely frustrating.

A:Random BSOD, error 0x0000009f

Hi dannytill .

If I understood you correctly you're saying that you're always getting a bug check with the code
being 0x9F but they are never recorded?

The two bug checks are very old but have the same culprit.
0x9F which is DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE that happens in
transitions between power states most commonly S0 (ON state) > S3 (Sleep state)
or vice-verse. You can read more HERE.

The most common cause is a device driver but sometimes it's the hardware itself
that is at fault.

In you case it appears to be caused by a very old driver.

Code:
lmvm AmUStor
start end module name
fffff880`08872000 fffff880`08887000 AmUStor T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: AmUStor.SYS
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\AmUStor.SYS
Image name: AmUStor.SYS
Timestamp: Thu Jan 13 14:06:26 2011
Driver Reference Table - AmUStor.SYS

Code:
amustor AM USB Stroage Driver c:\windows\system32\drivers\amustor.sys Kernel Driver Yes Manual Running OK Normal No Yes

Please update or remove if not in use.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/313673-random-bsod-error-0x0000009f.html
Relevancy 72.67%

Apparently I have been having these BSOD happen everyday for over a month without me realizing until recently. The most recent occurrence was when I tried to enable my ethernet adapter and my screen went blank after I forcefully ended the task. Everything worked fine (firefox, taskmanager, etc) but there was no home screen. Just a blank red screen (red because that is the color of my theme I guess). I honestly can't believe I have went over a month without noticing all the BSOD I have been getting.

Anyway here are my dump files. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:Random BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE 0x0000009f

Please run the tool again, the ZIP is empty.

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/69758-random-bsod-driver_power_state_failure-0x0000009f.html
Relevancy 71.81%

Hi,

Would appreciate some help with some random BSODs that seem to have got worse on Christmas Day.

Is Windows 7
x86 (32-bit) or x64 ? x64
the original installed OS on the system? No
an OEM or full retail version? Full Retail
What is the age of system (hardware)? About 2 years
What is the age of OS installation? 1 year and a half

Thanks,

Fraser.

A:Need help with random BSOD crashes, error 0x0000009f

Quote: Originally Posted by fras26

Hi,

Would appreciate some help with some random BSODs that seem to have got worse on Christmas Day.

Is Windows 7
x86 (32-bit) or x64 ? x64
the original installed OS on the system? No
an OEM or full retail version? Full Retail
What is the age of system (hardware)? About 2 years
What is the age of OS installation? 1 year and a half

Thanks,

Fraser.

Probably caused by disk.sys. I would run a chkdsk and if that doesnt fix the problem a repair install might.
A- CHKDSK /R /F:

Quote:
Run CHKDSK /R /F from an elevated (Run as administrator) Command Prompt.

Do this for each hard drive on your system.

When it tells you it can't do it right now - and asks you if you'd like to do it at the next reboot - answer Y (for Yes) and press Enter.

Then reboot and let the test run.

It may take a while for it to run, but keep an occasional eye on it to see if it generates any errors.

See "CHKDSK LogFile" below in order to check the results of the test.

B- Elevated Command Prompt:

Quote:
Go to Start and type in "cmd.exe" (without the quotes)

At the top of the Search Box, right click on Cmd.exe and select "Run as administrator"

C-CHKDSK LogFile:

Quote:
Go to Start and type in "eventvwr.msc" (without the quotes) and press Enter

Expand the Windows logs heading, then select the Application log file entry.

Double click on the Source column header.

Scroll down the list until you find the Chkdsk entry (wininit for Win7) (winlogon for XP).

Copy/paste the results into your next post.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/204455-need-help-random-bsod-crashes-error-0x0000009f.html
Relevancy 71.81%

Hello,

friend of mine has problem on one computer, it is Lenovo E540 with i7 CPU and is incredible slow - after Win logon he has to wait like 2 or 3 minutes to be able to work normally, PC is freezing sometimes, it is slow and displaying some errors occasionally.
Sometimes he also gets BSOD, usually (always) it is DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE with 0x0000009f, I am attaching dump files and info about those BSOD.

Pls, what can be wrong? I don?t know how to analyze those dumps.
Can it also affect speed of whole PC?

Attached all dump files from his PC, there is also txt with info from NirSoft's Blue Screen View. Sorry, I first gathered dumps then saw info about SF Diagnostic Tool, but I believe it is grabbing dump files that I attached.

Thank you very much for help
Martin

A:Random BSOD: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE with 0x0000009f, slow PC

Hi schneidermato.

The BSOD is caused by ASIX AX88179/178A USB 3.0/2.0 to Gigabit Ethernet Adapter by ASIX Electronics Corp. (I guess yours is USB3?)

Code:
Args: 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000
>[ 16, 2] 0 e1 fffffa800a72d050 00000000 fffff800034d8210-fffffa8007447430 Success Error Cancel pending
Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\ax88179_178a.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for ax88179_178a.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for ax88179_178a.sys
\Driver\AX88179 nt!PopSystemIrpCompletion
Args: 00014400 00000000 00000004 00000002
[ 0, 0] 0 0 00000000 00000000 00000000-fffffa8007447430

Args: 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000
Which seems to be old.

Code:
Image name: ax88179_178a.sys
Timestamp: Tue Dec 11 12:44:36 2012 (50C6DD5C)
Try to update it from Drivers - ASIX Electronics Corporation

Let us know the result.

If the BSODs continue, post it following the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/334613-random-bsod-driver_power_state_failure-0x0000009f-slow-pc.html
Relevancy 71.38%

I recently built this PC. But have already suffered two BSODs.
The latest BCCode is 24.

I've attached both minidump files and the PC build spec.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/389813-2-random-bsods-custom-build-pc-latest-bccode-24-a.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Every couple of hours my computer just shuts down with the BSOD I'm not sure why It seems like there may be a driver problem or something See below for mini-dump I have also attached the dump and event information for your perusal I would love to get someone to help me fiture times at BSOD of 0x0000009f day. BSCode Random the DRIVER_POWER_STATE_ out what the problem is Thanks rmyabuki Dump File - - dmp Crash Time AM Bug Check String DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE Bug Check Code x f Parameter Parameter fffffa b Parameter fffff b c d Parameter fffffa a Caused By Driver ntoskrnl BSOD BSCode 0x0000009f at Random times of the day. DRIVER_POWER_STATE_ exe Caused By Address ntoskrnl exe cc File Description NT Kernel amp System Product Name Microsoft Windows Operating System Company Microsoft Corporation File Version win sp gdr - Processor x Crash Address ntoskrnl exe cc Stack Address Stack Address Stack Address Computer Name Full Path C Windows Minidump - - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File Size OS Windows Professional x CPU Intel Core i - k Motherboard MSI P A-C B Memory G DDR Dual Channel Graphics Card s BSOD BSCode 0x0000009f at Random times of the day. DRIVER_POWER_STATE_ NVIDIA GeForce GT

A:BSOD BSCode 0x0000009f at Random times of the day. DRIVER_POWER_STATE_

Hello rmyabuki & welcome!

Analyses
Your atapi-driver was included in this bunch of dumps, and that's a Windows Update driver so the first thing you want to do is to run a command. Do it this way:

i) Search for 'cmd' in your
ii) Right click it and run it as administrator
iii) Type 'sfc /scannow' and hit enter
iv) It might not find anything, so be sure to run it 3, 4 times

Bugcheck

Code:
DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE (9f)
A driver is causing an inconsistent power state.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000003, A device object has been blocking an Irp for too long a time
Arg2: fffffa8007b04680, Physical Device Object of the stack
Arg3: fffff80000b9c3d8, Functional Device Object of the stack
Arg4: fffffa8011a28010, The blocked IRP
Fred.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/198798-bsod-bscode-0x0000009f-random-times-day-driver_power_state_.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Hello I've been having BSOD crashes for some time now and haven't been able to attribute them to any particular action They sometimes occur when the computer is just sitting idle System Specs Windows Home Premium -bit Original OS OEM Hardware age yrs OS Installation age yrs never reinstalled According to BlueScreenView almost all of the crashes have been caused by driver quot ntoskrnl exe quot with one instance being caused by quot atikmdag sys quot I'm a novice at this so I don't know how to go about fixing the problem Any assistance would be appreciated An example of the typical error information is below and the performance monitor zip file is attached The zipped Windows NT BSOD jcgriff folder was still too large to attach MB Is there any way to make it BSOD code Random crashes...error 0x0000009f smaller note there are dmp Random BSOD crashes...error code 0x0000009f files Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode f BCP BCP FFFFFA D A BCP FFFFF B C D BCP FFFFFA OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users Esi AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml

A:Random BSOD crashes...error code 0x0000009f

No DMP files included in upload

We do need the DMP file as it contains the only record of the sequence of events leading up to the crash, what drivers were loaded, and what was responsible.

If you are overclocking STOP

You may be able to get the DMP files without crashing by booting into safe mode (F8) with networking.

To enable us to assist you with your computer's BSOD symptoms, upload the contents of your "\Windows\Minidump" folder.

The procedure:

Quote:
* Copy the contents of \Windows\Minidump to another (temporary) location somewhere on your machine.
* Zip up the copy.
* Attach the ZIP archive to your post using the "paperclip" (file attachments) button.
*If the files are too large please upload them to a file sharing service like "Rapidshare" and put a link to them in your reply.

To ensure minidumps are enabled:

Quote:
* Go to Start, in the Search Box type: sysdm.cpl, press Enter.
* Under the Advanced tab, click on the Startup and Recovery Settings... button.
* Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked.
* Under the Write Debugging Information header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box (the 256kb varies).
* Ensure that the Small Dump Directory is listed as %systemroot%\Minidump.
* OK your way out.
* Reboot if changes have been made.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/215222-random-bsod-crashes-error-code-0x0000009f.html
Relevancy 70.95%

It started about - weeks ago after I installed new RAM and changed the error Random 0x0000009f BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE occurrence, nVidia drivers quot luck quot quot has it i did both at the same BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE Random occurrence, error 0x0000009f time It seemed to have no actual cause no BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE Random occurrence, error 0x0000009f set time for the BSOD to show up and no real sense behind it I've since reinstalled my system and ran through pretty much every solution i could find including a couple on this forum to no avail Looking at the minidumps with BlueScreenView it shows the error to be in ntoskrnl exe c So my question would be this what if I did anything wrong what can i do to get rid of these BSODs and what exactly is going on I've had trouble before but nothing like this Please help Don't know if this will help but i will post them here just in case - - dmp DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE x f fffffa bdda fffff b a d fffffa e b ntoskrnl exe ntoskrnl exe c NT Kernel amp System Microsoft Windows Operating System Microsoft Corporation win sp gdr - x ntoskrnl exe c C Windows Minidump - - dmp Any other information you need let me know

A:BSOD DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE Random occurrence, error 0x0000009f

It is a display related issue, and the RAM is not a suspect here.

Which was the display driver version that you had installed before the update?

Uninstall the installed display driver using Display Driver Uninstaller. Then download and install the previous one. See if it really solves the issue or not.

If not, we will explain the issue in detail (it is a bit critical one) and will attempt to minimize it.

Code:
BugCheck 9F, {3, fffffa8009bdda10, fffff80000b9a3d8, fffffa8009e075b0}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
Probably caused by : pci.sys

---------

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/371883-bsod-driver_power_state_failure-random-occurrence-error-0x0000009f.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Hello all. I am having a problem with my laptop. It will occasionally showing BSOD error 0x0000009f during times (I cannot remember the exact time), but it mostly will show the BSOD when I left the laptop idle for a few minutes.
When I tried to shut down the machine, the Shutting Down process will take very long. I waited for 20 minutes the most, and it still haven't shut down.

Checking with the bluescreenview shows these:
Filename : ntoskrnl.exe
Address In Stack : ntoskrnl.exe+e96d2

Attached is the SF_Diagnostics_Tool result

Thanks in advance for your helps

A:BSOD during random time when laptop is on, error 0x0000009f

Msinfo32:
Please go to Start and type in "msinfo32.exe" (without the quotes) and press Enter > Save the report as an .nfo file, then zip up the .nfo file and upload/attach the .zip file with your next post. Also, save a copy as a .txt file and include it also (it's much more difficult to read, but we have greater success in getting the info from it).

If you're having difficulties with the format, please open an elevated (Run as administrator) Command Prompt and type (or copy/paste) "msinfo32 /nfo %USERPROFILE%\Desktop\TEST.NFO" (without the quotes) and press Enter. Then navigate to Desktop to retrieve the TEST.NFO file. If you have difficulties with making this work, please post back. Then zip up the .nfo file and upload/attach the .zip file with your next post.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/295382-bsod-during-random-time-when-laptop-error-0x0000009f.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Hi guys,
This is a fairly new laptop, a Lenovo Y70-70.
There was previously an unknown problem which was fixed with an OS refresh. The OS refresh was about 3, maybe 4, weeks ago.
The problem right now is that I've had a BSOD 3 times in the last week. All have been DRIVE_POWER_STATE_FAILURE s.
The happen seemingly randomly, the most recent one (today) happening about 4 hours after start-up. If there's anything else I need to post, please tell me so. I'm decently good with computers, at least usually, but this is a new expensive laptop, and I'm currently under some exam stress so I'm panicking a fair bit.

A:BSOD at random times during use. 0x0000009f bug check code

Windows Resource Protection found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them.
Attached is the .log from this operation. (In a .zip file)

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/66750-bsod-random-times-during-use-0x0000009f-bug-check-code.html
Relevancy 70.95%

Hey guys so I've been getting some random BSOD errors every few days or so I usually leave my computer on when I am at work or sleep and either when I come home Random BSOD error ntoskrnl.exe (address driver ntoskrnl.exe+74ec0) or wake up my computer is off So I turn it on and it says that the computer didn't Random BSOD error driver ntoskrnl.exe (address ntoskrnl.exe+74ec0) shut down properly when I start up I downloaded the BlueScreenView and noticed I've had some BSOD three times within days One Random BSOD error driver ntoskrnl.exe (address ntoskrnl.exe+74ec0) was a PAGE FAULT IN NONPAGED AREA error which I believe was a RAM problem i bought new RAM and installed it plus OCed it to but I believe it was making my system unstable so I reset the speed to default and haven't gotten that error again but after that I've gotten two IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL errors related to ntoskrnl exe I did some research online and from what I read it could be a number of problems I'm just not sure where to start and could really use some guidance and advice I uploaded my dmp files for anyone who knows how to look at these Thank in advance

A:Random BSOD error driver ntoskrnl.exe (address ntoskrnl.exe+74ec0)

Welcome to 7F. I'll take a look at your dumps and see if I can get you BSOD free.

One

NETGEAR NEUTRAL WIRELESS SOLUTION

Your Netgear Neutral Wireless Solution driver has been flagged. It is quite old a could probably do with updating. Check for updates here
Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck A, {0, 2, 1, fffff800034c88ac}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for scmndisp.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for scmndisp.sys
Probably caused by : scmndisp.sys ( scmndisp+16d1 )

---------

1: kd> lmvm scmndisp
start end module name
fffff880`0188b000 fffff880`01895000 scmndisp T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: scmndisp.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\scmndisp.sys
Image name: scmndisp.sys
Timestamp: Fri May 27 11:30:22 2011 (4DDF7D3E)
CheckSum: 00009C0C
ImageSize: 0000A000

Two

HARDWARE DIAGNOSTICS

A few of your dumps (0x50, 0x124) are pointing towards hardware errors. 0x124s are usually always hardware errors but rarely give us an indication of what the problem actually is. In this case we may have struck lucky as this particular one shows up ASUS AI Suite III. The utilities listed below are the ones I'm concerned about.Attachment 353971

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (124)
A fatal hardware error has occurred. Parameter 1 identifies the type of error
source that reported the error. Parameter 2 holds the address of the
WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure that describes the error conditon.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000000, Machine Check Exception
Arg2: fffffa800752d028, Address of the WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure.
Arg3: 00000000bf800000, High order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.
Arg4: 0000000000000124, Low order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.

Debugging Details:
------------------
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x124_GenuineIntel

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN7_DRIVER_FAULT

PROCESS_NAME: AISuite3.exe

CURRENT_IRQL: f

ANALYSIS_VERSION: 6.3.9600.17029 (debuggers(dbg).140219-1702) amd64fre
We have seen motherboard packaged utilities cause 0x124s in the past and it could be the case here.
Uninstall ASUS AI Suite III and test the system for stability.
Run SeaTools to check the integrity of your HDD. SeaTools for DOS and Windows - How to Use
Download and run MemTest86+ to test your RAM. RAM - Test with Memtest86+

Note
Attachment 353972 Run MemTest86+ for at least 8 passes. Ideally set it off before you go to bed and leave it overnight, we're looking for zero errors here. A single error will show something's going bad with your RAM.

Three

NVIDIA GPU

You've also received a 0x116 which is a VIDEO_TDR_ERROR (Timeout Detection & Recovery) which means your GPU driver has crashed and has failed to recover in time. This could be down to the driver, the card itself or possibly the power to the card.
Code:
******************************************************************************... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/365399-random-bsod-error-driver-ntoskrnl-exe-address-ntoskrnl-exe-74ec0.html
Relevancy 70.95%

First of all I must apologize about my limited English I'll try to do my best to explain my situation because I really need help I usually prefer to look for solutions by myself because I think it's a good way to learn but this time is different after hours reading posts and more posts I can't get rid of BSODs and I'm going mad I decided it was time to buil a new system and use the old one as an HTPC so I bought all the parts three weeks ago and started New installs. Always build BSODs. system. clean random 60+ custom I always build my custom PCs so I never imagined that this was going to be my worst nightmare All the parts were brand new I started with a different graphics card instead of the one below it was a XFX HD Mb Heatpipe new too I wanted to use the TB HDDs New custom build system. 60+ clean installs. Always random BSODs. together in a RAID New custom build system. 60+ clean installs. Always random BSODs. for my pictures music and documents and the GB one only for OS programs downloads The first thing I did was to upgrade the BIOS to the last version F from the motherboard manufacturer's site Then I entered BIOS setup and enabled RAID for the SATA connectors of the AMD New custom build system. 60+ clean installs. Always random BSODs. SB controller TB HDDs were connected to ports and and the GB HDD to port My optical drives were connected to the Gigabyte SATA controller ports After save and reboot I entered the RAID BIOS Setup utility and built the array A new reboot and I started installing Windows from the DVD it is an original retail DVD Once the OS was installed I began to install some drivers chipset USB LAN Audio All of them were the last version I found in Gigabyte's site The last driver I installed was the GPU and it was the last version of the Catalyst Software Suite from AMD's site After the reboot I started with Windows Updates First pack was about different updates so I let the pc download and install them and in some moment of that process I had my first BSOD I don't know if it was in the download or in the install process in the second one I suppose Since then there have been lots of BSODs in my screen They seem to be totally random because I can't find a common root for them Sometimes they appear installing updates Other times only when I am doing nothing or only reading forums I have made lots of new clean installs of Windows and I think I have tried all the possible combinations with hardware BIOS setups and hardware tests Even I ordered a new motherboard the same model and graphics card the one listed below but I always end having a BSODs just some minutes hours after the clean installation of the OS The BSODs are always different I never have with the same message one after the other I don t have all the dumps because if I get a copule of them I change something in my configuration and start again with a new clean install I took some notes of the first screens before I realized that they were very different atikmdag sys nvlddkm sys ntfs sys dxgkrnl sys win k sys luafv sys fltmgr sys SYSTEM SERVICE EXCEPTION INTERRUPT EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED CACHE MANAGER and more some of them with no message or file and other I didn't annotate I'll try to explain some of the combinations and tests I have made and my last option I have tried graphics cards the new ATI and one old nvidia GT I have running in another PC The of them in both motherboards I have run memtest for hours a good excuse to go to sleep for a while with all the RAM units at the same time with only one stick at a time with only one stick in the different slots and all the tests with no errors I have installed the Windows Updates before the drivers and after the drivers and perhaps in the middle too I don't remember I have installed the ATI driver from the device manager manually unpacking the ATI display driver without installing all the Catalyst software I have connected the OS HDD to the GSATA ports and the TB HDDs too bulding the RAID with the Gig... Read more

A:New custom build system. 60+ clean installs. Always random BSODs.

Hi and welcome,

Do the followings...
- Boot into Safe Mode with Networking
- Uninstall the Display Drivers including Catalyst Control Center
- Use Driver Sweeper to sweep the traces of the driver Guru3D - Driver Sweeper
- Install the latest version ATI Radeon
- Reboot into normal mode

Dean

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 3D, {fffff8800b779fd0, 0, 0, fffff8800568b69d}

Probably caused by : atikmdag.sys ( atikmdag+4a69d )

---------

4: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

INTERRUPT_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED (3d)
Arguments:
Arg1: fffff8800b779fd0
Arg2: 0000000000000000
Arg3: 0000000000000000
Arg4: fffff8800568b69d

Debugging Details:
------------------
CONTEXT: fffff8800b779fd0 -- (.cxr 0xfffff8800b779fd0)
rax=fffff8800b77a9d0 rbx=0000000000000000 rcx=fffff8800b77aa20
rdx=0000000000000000 rsi=fffbfa8009576020 rdi=fffffa8008685001
rip=fffff8800568b69d rsp=fffff8800b77a9b0 rbp=fffffa8008617000
r8=0000000000000000 r9=0000000000000000 r10=fffffa80088bbc80
r11=fffff8800b77aa38 r12=0000000000000000 r13=0000000000000001
r14=fffffa8008685000 r15=fffff8800b77ade0
iopl=0 nv up ei ng nz na pe nc
cs=0010 ss=0018 ds=002b es=002b fs=0053 gs=002b efl=00010282
atikmdag+0x4a69d:
fffff880`0568b69d 488b06 mov rax,qword ptr [rsi] ds:002b:fffbfa80`09576020=????????????????
Resetting default scope

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x3D

PROCESS_NAME: VSSVC.exe

CURRENT_IRQL: a

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from 0000000000000000 to fffff8800568b69d

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`0b77a9b0 00000000`00000000 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : atikmdag+0x4a69d
FOLLOWUP_IP:
atikmdag+4a69d
fffff880`0568b69d 488b06 mov rax,qword ptr [rsi]

SYMBOL_STACK_INDEX: 0

SYMBOL_NAME: atikmdag+4a69d

FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner

MODULE_NAME: atikmdag

IMAGE_NAME: atikmdag.sys

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 4d40a4bc

STACK_COMMAND: .cxr 0xfffff8800b779fd0 ; kb

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x3D_atikmdag+4a69d

BUCKET_ID: X64_0x3D_atikmdag+4a69d

---------

4: kd> lmtsmn
start end module name
fffff880`05600000 fffff880`0563e000 1394ohci 1394ohci.sys Sat Nov 20 23:44:56 2010 (4CE7A6A8)
fffff880`00f7e000 fffff880`00fd5000 ACPI ACPI.sys Sat Nov 20 22:19:16 2010 (4CE79294)
fffff880`040ce000 fffff880`04157000 afd afd.sys Sat Nov 20 22:23:27 2010 (4CE7938F)
fffff880`04400000 fffff880`04416000 AgileVpn AgileVpn.sys Tue Jul 14 12:10:24 2009 (4A5BCCF0)
fffff880`01646000 fffff880`01696000 ahcix64s ahcix64s.sys Fri Dec 04 14:53:02 2009 (4B186B7E)
fffff880`06067000 fffff880`0607b000 amdiox64 amdiox64.sys Fri Feb 19 04:17:53 2010 (4B7D5A21)
fffff880`04347000 fffff880`0435c000 amdppm amdppm.sys Tue Jul 14 11:19:25 2009 (4A5BC0FD)
fffff880`00c83000 fffff880`00c8e000 amdxata amdxata.sys Sat Mar 20 05:18:18 2010 (4BA3A3CA)
fffff880`00c50000 fffff880`00c59000 atapi atapi.sys Tue Jul 14 11:19:47 2009 (4A5BC113)
fffff880`00c59000 fffff880`00c83000 ataport ataport.SYS Sat Nov 20 22:19:15 2010 (4CE79293)
fffff880`05641... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/152739-new-custom-build-system-60-clean-installs-always-random-bsods.html
Relevancy 70.52%

BSOD random, probably under heavy load situations. I dont know how to do.

DM log collector file attached

many thanks

A:BSOD random most times ntoskrnl.exe+748c0 and ntoskrnl.exe+74ec0

Hi berdini.

Code:
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: GS_FALSE_POSITIVE_MISSING_GSFRAME
Scan the system for possible virus infection with the following programs.
Anti-rootkit utility TDSSKiller
Windows Defender Offline
Let us know the results.

Code:
BugCheck F7, {fffff8800a01ff08, f8800125d135, ffff077ffeda2eca, 0}

Probably caused by : Ntfs.sys ( Ntfs!_report_gsfailure+26 )

---------

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/373211-bsod-random-most-times-ntoskrnl-exe-748c0-ntoskrnl-exe-74ec0.html
Relevancy 70.52%

I'm getting random Blue Screens and can't figure out why. I'm not running any hardcore programs. I'm mostly just using Microsoft Office and Firefox. The BSOD's seem to happen when I'm in Outlook, Excel or Firefox. Haven't been able to determine exactly which at the time as I'm moving back and forth between them quite often.

I've tried the SFC command and it didn't find anything. I used BlueScreenViewer but not a lot of help. All drivers for sound and video have been updated. I've also updated the firmware to the Crucial M4 SSD version 040H.

Any insight would be great.

Specs:
Laptop - HP EliteBook 8560w
CPU - Intel i7-2670QM
RAM - Hynix/Hyundai 8.0 GB Ram
SSD - M4-CT256M4 SSD
Audio - AMD High Definition Audio
Video - AMD FirePro M5950
OS - Windows 7 Pro 64-bit

A:Random BSOD Reporting ntoskrnl.exe+75c40 & ntoskrnl.exe+7efc0

Update the firmware of your Crucial M4-CT256M4SSD2.

And, Uninstall McAfee Using McAfee Removal Tool. Use Microsoft Security Essentials as your antivirus with windows inbuilt firewall, and free MBAM as the on demand scanner.
Download, install and update those, and then run full system scans with both of them, one by one.

Free up the startup.
Type “msconfig (without quotes), click the resulting link. It will open the System Configuration window.
Select the “Startup” tab.
Deselect all items other than the antivirus and touchpad driver SynTPEnh.
Apply > OK
Accept then restart.
Let us know the results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/281927-random-bsod-reporting-ntoskrnl-exe-75c40-ntoskrnl-exe-7efc0.html
Relevancy 70.52%

Somewhat recently i moved my laptop from school to home and suddenly the laptop went from perfect *or close enough* working conditions to having a multitude of problems from being unable to boot for a while, randomly restarting as if someone just pulled the plug, and this particular BSOD that seems to occur randomly seemingly unrelated to whether or not i'm doing anything. I haven't figured out the cause of the first two problems although the inability to boot went away at random, i'm considering the possibility that this BSOD and the other two issues are possibly related.

Relevancy 70.52%

Hey guys I'm having random BSOD's on my Asus N Vz since the day one It's been going on for approx months now I get approx BSODs per week randomly It's always the same thing error x f DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE It happens randomly although it seems that it happens more often when computer is idle not standby I did several stress tests and I never got the BSOD during the process There are few things BSOD, error (DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE), N76VZ Asus 0x0000009f Random I should mention Asus states that this computer supports a maximum GB RAM however I am using Random BSOD, error 0x0000009f (DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE), Asus N76VZ x GB as many other people too although they are not reporting problems similar to mine I Random BSOD, error 0x0000009f (DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE), Asus N76VZ did run the memtest and Random BSOD, error 0x0000009f (DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE), Asus N76VZ everything seemed to be fine My system drive is OCZ Agility SSD GB and recently I have flashed the latest available firmware which seems to have reduced the number of BSODs slightly but not eliminated This could be accidental but I thought I should mention it Many users of this series Asus N are reporting issues with sound card producing crackling noise when the sound card wakes up from longer period after not being used This also affects my machine As a workaround many people set the Stereo Mix as Default recording device in Realtek HD Audio settings which solves the crackling problem and doesn't change anything in functionality I have a feeling it has something to do with power management which might also have something to do with BSODs There were some problems with Optimus driver switching from Intel integrated GPU to NVIDIA which resulted in constant color settings resets This got solved by uninstalling crappy Asus Intel bloatware Regarding the drivers I have tried all possible combinations I could think of Especially the Nvidia GPU drivers Now I'm using drivers provided as latest on Asus website It doesn't seem to matter Any drivers I try I always get the BSOD eventually In normal conditions I would've already send my latop to the service center however the only available service center here where I live is notorious for extremely long waiting periods - days and even worse for returning computers in worse shape than they were shipped in All kinds of bad things happen there like breaking cases stealing components and such stuff And I want to avoid this if possible Otherwise than the BSOD's once properly set up this is a fine machine That's also the reason why I have hung on it for so long inspite of BSOD's Please help Thanks

A:Random BSOD, error 0x0000009f (DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE), Asus N76VZ

It looks like every one of your BSODs has been caused by your video card driver:

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 9F, {3, fffffa800d2d2a10, fffff80000b9c3d8, fffffa80143ce190}

Unable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
Probably caused by : pci.sys

---------
Looking through the history of your changing drivers, by checking the time stamps on your video card drivers the newest one you had installed was the driver Nvidia released during December of last year which was a known causer of BSODs. currently there is a driver for your video card available on the Nvidia website:NVIDIA DRIVERS 314.07WHQL

Before installing however please uninstall the current driver you have installed and follow this tutorial:Drivers - Clean Left over Files after Uninstalling

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/281941-random-bsod-error-0x0000009f-driver_power_state_failure-asus-n76vz.html
Relevancy 70.09%

Hey I got a ntoskrnl.exe PC, custom When BSoD gaming, PC custom built for me about a month ago and installed windows ultimate on it myself and every time I have a game going paused or in play between - hours after it was opened it crashed to a bluescreen often quoting ntoskrnl exe Im pretty sure i have the updated drivers for all things but as i said i diddnt build the pc myself so I haven't messed with BIOS or anything i dont know required voltages and all that It only happens when im playing high spec games like crysis or asassins creed or GTA etc Specs CPU AMD Athlon II X Ghz MB AM W nm BSoD When gaming, custom PC, ntoskrnl.exe RAM GB Kit Dual Channel RAM DDR - PC OEM HDD Western Digital TB Caviar Green WD EADS MB rpm DVD Drive Lite-On SATA DVDRW iHAS Super x DVD CD Writer Motherboard Asus M N SE AM AM Phenom nForce D Raid GBLan ATX Video Card BSoD When gaming, custom PC, ntoskrnl.exe Sapphire Radeon HD Power supply Aywun W MEGA POWER ECO mm Fan A - E PSU ATX OS Windows Ultimate x I ran memtest for passes and no errors were found i've downloaded bluescreenview and had a look at the last minidump up on skydrive and it BSoD When gaming, custom PC, ntoskrnl.exe looks like someting called ntoskrnl exe is causing trouble and it has been a factor in out of bsods recently Dump File - - dmp Crash Time p m Bug Check String IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL Bug Check Code x a Parameter ffffda ef f Parameter Parameter Parameter fffff acf Caused By Driver ntoskrnl exe Caused By Address ntoskrnl exe f File Description NT Kernel amp System Product Name Microsoft Windows Operating System Company Microsoft Corporation File Version win rtm - Processor x Computer Name Full Path C Windows minidump - - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version And all hardware is brand new I installed a wireless lan on my own but im pretty sure i had the problem before that I'm putting all the minidumps in my skydrive folder as they happen at http cid- bae a skydrive live com self aspx Public - - dmp authkey aADq N mwIs but ive put the most recent ones in a zip here oh and I ran a resource checker from the command prompt no problems found thanks for any suggestions

A:BSoD When gaming, custom PC, ntoskrnl.exe

Quote: Originally Posted by Artisan 8

Hey

I got a PC custom built for me about a month ago and installed windows 7 ultimate 64 on it myself, and every time I have a game going (paused or in play) between1-2 hours after it was opened it crashed to a bluescreen often quoting ntoskrnl.exe.

Im pretty sure i have the updated drivers for all things, but as i said i diddnt build the pc myself so I haven't messed with BIOS or anything, i dont know required voltages and all that.

It only happens when im playing high spec games like crysis or asassins creed or GTA4 etc.

Specs:
CPU: AMD Athlon II X4 630 2.8Ghz 2MB AM3 95W 45nm
RAM: 4GB Kit Dual Channel RAM DDR2-800 PC6400 OEM
HDD: Western Digital 1TB Caviar Green WD10EADS 32MB 7200rpm
DVD Drive: Lite-On SATA DVDRW iHAS324 Super 24x DVD CD Writer
Motherboard: Asus M4N78 SE AM2+ AM3 Phenom nForce 720D Raid GBLan ATX
Video Card: Sapphire Radeon HD5770
Power supply: Aywun 750W MEGA POWER ECO 140mm Fan A1-750E PSU ATX

I ran memtest 86+ for 11 passes, and no errors were found

i've downloaded bluescreenview and had a look at the last minidump (up on skydrive) and it looks like someting called ntoskrnl.exe is causing trouble, and it has been a factor in 3 out of 4 bsods recently:
==================================================
Dump File : 041010-28251-01.dmp
Crash Time : 10/04/2010 4:52:39 p.m.
Bug Check String : IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Bug Check Code : 0x0000000a
Parameter 1 : ffffda80`0ef1f788
Parameter 2 : 00000000`00000002
Parameter 3 : 00000000`00000001
Parameter 4 : fffff800`02acf260
Caused By Driver : ntoskrnl.exe
Caused By Address : ntoskrnl.exe+71f00
File Description : NT Kernel & System
Product Name : Microsoft? Windows? Operating System
Company : Microsoft Corporation
File Version : 6.1.7600.16385 (win7_rtm.090713-1255)
Processor : x64
Computer Name :
Full Path : C:\Windows\minidump\041010-28251-01.dmp
Processors Count : 4
Major Version : 15
Minor Version : 7600
==================================================

And all hardware is brand new. I installed a wireless lan on my own but im pretty sure i had the problem before that.

I'm putting all the minidumps in my skydrive folder as they happen at
http://cid-36723bae532a0730.skydrive.live.com/self.aspx/.Public/040610-29328-01.dmp?authkey=aADq*N8mwIs%24 but ive put the most recent ones in a zip here

oh and I ran a resource checker from the command prompt; no problems found.

thanks for any suggestions

You certainly have done your homework. Since your memory has passed I would suggest you run a system file check. to do that type cmd in search>right click and run as admin>sfc /scannow (note the space between sfc and "/")

Let us know the results

Ken

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/77359-bsod-when-gaming-custom-pc-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 70.09%

Firstly, I would like to apologize for my bad English

After updating some drivers and install some software I get time to time BSOD error while I put Windows in sleep mode...

Bug Check String: DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE
Bug Check Code: 0x0000009f
Parameter 1: 00000000`00000003
Parameter 2: fffffa80`06a2b060
Parameter 3: fffff800`00b9a3d8
Parameter 4: fffffa80`06d04480
Caused By Driver: ntoskrnl.exe
Caused By Address: ntoskrnl.exe+748c0
File Version: 6.1.7601.18869 (win7sp1_gdr.150525-0603)
Processor: x64

The hardware has not been changed, RAM I have already tested, all ok, HDD (including surface test) also tested - no errors. I have already tried to update all the drivers - no success.

PLEASE HELP

A:Periodic BSOD while going to "sleep" ntoskrnl.exe + 10f6b 0x0000009f

Update the network driver form Realtek .... Get the second one of the list, i.e. the Win7 and Server 2008 R2 Auto Installation Program one and install it following the instructions supplied inside the zip.

Also update the driver to the webcam ..... HD Webcam C270

Daemon Tools, Alcohol 120% and Power Archiver Pro uses SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD), which is a well known BSOD causer. Uninstall Daemon Tools at first. Then download SPTD standalone installer from Disk-Tools.com, and execute the downloaded file as guided below :
Double click to open it.
Click this button only:

If it is grayed out, as in the picture, there is no more SPTD in your system, and you just close the window.
Free up the startup. Windows does not need any other program to auto start with it, but the auto start programs often conflicts and causes various problems including BSODs.
Type ?msconfig (without quotes), click the resulting link. It will open the System Configuration window.
Apply > OK
Accept then restart.
Report us for any further BSOD after doing these.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/375341-periodic-bsod-while-going-sleep-ntoskrnl-exe-10f6b-0x0000009f.html
Relevancy 70.09%

I builded a new pc just a few days ago and it crashes after start randomly but usually during surfing on the web .

A:Random crash on Win7 Ultimate x64 after starting custom build desktop

Welcome

Do you have an SSD? If yes, have you updated to latest firmware?

Your ATI card drivers need to be updated. Your current ones are of 2010.

Code:
Illesztőprogram c:\windows\system32\drivers\atikmpag.sys (8.14.1.6150, 279,00 kB (285*696 b?jt), 2010.09.29. 3:14)
Get the latest drivers from the manufacturers website

Make a hard drive test from the hard drive manufacturers website

Run Disk Check on your hard disk for file system errors and bad sectors on it:
→ Disk Check

Hard drive test both short and long with:
→ SeaTools for Windows

Also the DOS version of:
→ SeaTools for DOS

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/257814-random-crash-win7-ultimate-x64-after-starting-custom-build-desktop.html
Relevancy 68.8%

I recently built a computer and am getting BSOD's on a relatively frequent basis After checking around I have no idea what the problem could be This is the first build I have ever done Here is what I know Using WhoCrashed it tells me built new on computer. to custom BSOD ntoskrnl.exe Related that in crashes it was related to ntoskrnl exe and in the th is BSOD on new custom built computer. Related to ntoskrnl.exe was related to ntkrnlmp exe The BSOD's are not recurring that is I will get one then go back and do the same thing I was doing before and it will be fine About a day after installing everything my integrated wi-fi card stopped working I shrugged it off to a faulty antennae and went and got a Netgear WNDA v Wireless dual band adapter it is faster and holds a signal better anyways Not sure if it is related to the BSOD's Any other questions feel free to ask attached are the dump files and system health report as required by the forum as well as the screen shot of the WhoCrashed report For system specs look at my profile or feel free to ask Thanks EDIT Also forgot to BSOD on new custom built computer. Related to ntoskrnl.exe add that I am running Windows -bit and it is an OEM everything was installed in the past - days when I took them out of the box and this is the only OS I have installed on the system Also I tried to run the windows repair program of the OS disc and it was not compatible not sure if that is due to OEM or related to the problem

A:BSOD on new custom built computer. Related to ntoskrnl.exe

PROBLEM DEVICES

Code:
Atheros AR9485 Wireless Network Adapter PCI\VEN_168C&DEV_0032&SUBSYS_850D1043&REV_01\4&299066B9&0&00E6 This device is disabled.
PCI Simple Communications Controller PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_1E3A&SUBSYS_84CA1043&REV_04\3&11583659&0&B0 The drivers for this device are not installed.
You will either need to uninstall these drivers and then install the latest version or perform a clean installation of them.
DRIVERS
The following drivers need to be updated:

Code:
hamachi.sys Thu Feb 19 21:36:41 2009
These drivers can be found by searching them in Google and then finding the associated software or driver. Finally, find the latest version of this driver or software and download and install it. Some of the drivers may also be found here (if the driver says 'Windows Update' simply make sure all Windows Updates are installed).

You should also update any other drivers you can think of including graphics, audio, chipset, SSD etc.
SOFTWARE
You have Norton installed, is that correct? At least to test, uninstall it and install MSE (Microsoft Security Essentials) instead.
Microsoft Security Essentials - Free Antivirus for Windows

Please also uninstall any other Symantec products you have including Endpoint and Ghost as some of your dumps point toward Symantec drivers.
HARDWARE
Run a chkdsk on the system partition to check for bad sectors or system errors.
Disk Check

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/239540-bsod-new-custom-built-computer-related-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Hello,

I've been having persistent BSoD problems on a custom rig. It happens mostly when I'm away. Of the few times I have been at my computer at the time of crash, I saw no warning signs.

Basic system info:
Windows 7 Professional (x64) retail
Fresh installation in March onto SSD

Hardware - Custom Build
Built in January but uses some older parts:
CPU: AMD Phenom II 720
Mobo: ASUS M4A79XTD Evo
GPU: Evga GTS 250 superclocked (used this card for a few years now)
Ram: Kingston hyperx KHX1333C7D3K4 (2 x 2gb)
SSD: OCZ Vertex 2 E 60gb
PSU: COOLER MASTER GX Series RS750-ACAAE3-US 750W

No memtest detected issues as on late April
No prime95 errors or induced crashes as of late April
If there's any other information or tests that might help please let me know.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

A:BSoD on Custom Build

Unfortunately there were no dumps in your file but I found one major candidate for BSODs

Code:
DAEMON Tools Lite "c:\program files (x86)\daemon tools lite\dtlite.exe" -autorun KevinX3-720-Win\KevinX3-720 HKU\S-1-5-21-601797764-46032973-68966091-1000\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
Uninstall, and de-install the driver after this tut:
DuplexSecure - FAQ
There are several substitutes for Daemon tools without harmful side effects
Freeware MagicISO Virtual CD/DVD-ROM(MagicDisc) Overview
SlySoft Virtual CloneDrive
Gizmo Central -- Enliven your PC
There were a couple BSODs (03/28 and 04/20) referring to your Roxio Software with the directive to update the PX engine from here
PX Engine - Description and Download
or uninstall it completely if you don't use it.

Boot into Safe mode and see if the comp crashes there, too
if not activate Driver Verifier to force some dumps to narrow down the problem and post any new dumps
Driver Verifier - Enable and Disable

-DG

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/165236-bsod-custom-build.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Fresh install of Windows 7 Ult with SP1 on brand new hardware

BSOD when After 90 minutes gaming (twice now - pc under varying stress)
BSOD while playing video on VLC player (once - no stress)

Thankful for any insight you can provide.

Windows 7 Ultimate x64 +SP1
Intel Core i7 5820K 3.3Ghz 15MB L3 Cache s2011-3
Gigabyte GA-X99M-Gaming 5 LGA2011-3
Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8GB DDR4 2400MHz
2x Sapphire Radeon R9 270X DUAL-X BOOST OC 2GB Crossfire
500GB Crucial MX200 SSD M.2 Type 2280
Corsair H100i Water cooler with Corsair Link

A:BSOD on new custom build

Hey and welcome to SevenForums!

Please read the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/371669-bsod-new-custom-build.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Specs Win pro x Asus M A mobo AMD fx XFX HD gb Patriot gb x OCZ ModXStream W PSU Hi folks I have been running into problem after problem with my new build I've already RMA'd my CPU I've ran memory tests for hours which turned out build a custom BSOD on fine and I completely disassembled and reassembled my computer into a new case I was able to install Win fine but I get random BSODs when using the computer with frightening frequency and they were different error codes almost every time The first place I noticed this was when I would run the Windows Experience Index test and it would lock up or BSOD about BSOD on a custom build s of the way through But it also blue screens in safe mode and once when I was watching a youtube video I initially thought it was a faulty CPU hence the RMA but now I'm thinking that it might be a PSU or mobo problem Any advice or ideas would be greatly appreciated Thanks in advance Rilke

A:BSOD on a custom build

Please upload a report
http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ta-452654.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-on-a-custom-build-628194.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Good Evening,
I recently had a computer custom built at my local Fry's (not so local though..) 2 weeks ago.
On the second day, the CPU was BSOD hourly, and after bring it to Fry's, they said the power supply was bad, and they replaced it.
I'm still having issues with random BSOD and would rather not bring it to Fry's to have them trouble shoot it for a few days, replace the "bad" component, and give it back to me with the same issue.
My CPU and Motherboard temps average 30-35c even while gaming.

I'm beyond the "return" time frame and only have 2 weeks of build support left from Fry's.
Can someone please decode what the errors are saying and possibly point me in the right direction?
Thank you soooo much!
Sean

Here are my CPU specs
http://speccy.piriform.com/results/V...2duPWs4NcChjFo

A:BSOD on Custom Build

Hi

Your CPU seems to be overclocked and if i am not mistaken, it is intentional.

Code:
Core 0Core Speed: 4599.7 MHz
Multiplier: x 46.0
Bus Speed: 100.0 MHz
Temperature: 32 ?C
Thread 1
APIC ID: 0
Thread 2
APIC ID: 1
Core 1
Core Speed: 4499.7 MHz
Multiplier: x 45.0
Temperature: 34 ?C
Thread 1
APIC ID: 2
Thread 2
APIC ID: 3
Core 2
Core Speed: 4599.7 MHz
Temperature: 32 ?C
Thread 1
APIC ID: 4
Thread 2
APIC ID: 5
Core 3
Core Speed: 4599.7 MHz
Temperature: 26 ?C
Thread 1
APIC ID: 6
Thread 2
APIC ID: 7

Overclocking is the best way to make a system unstable, crash , freeze or blue screen. First logical steps in BSOD troubleshooting is nothing but reverting any changes made to the CPU/RAM frequency and voltage modifications. You should first uninstall "Asus AI suit III" otherwise it will auto overclock the system. Then enter BIOS setup and load "optimal default values".

You should also understand the merits and demerits of OC. There are certain situations where OC will benefit. Examples are "Autocad" and video rendering works. Those programs will show improved performance in higher clock speed. On the other hand, PC games are GPU centric and even the most CPU demanding games only require a basic quad core CPU like i5. None of today's games are capable of utilizing the full potential of your CPU and hence overclocking it is absolute unnecessary. By overclocking the CPU, you will get crashes instead of FPS increase.

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/35286-bsod-custom-build.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Am new here. And I too am suffering from random BSODs.
Had faulty RAMs, and have replaced them. And still BSOD
I seriously need help guys.

A:New Custom Build Please help BSOD

narendharkumar3, Thanks for starting the new thread. Unfortunately you are getting a lot of 0X124 errors. That is a generic hardware error. It gives little or nothing about which piece of hardware it is. The only way is to do a lot of time consuming testing and troubleshooting. There was one error that appeared several times

Code:
kd> lmvm AsUpIO
start end module name
8d8b2000 8d8b31a0 AsUpIO (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: AsUpIO.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\AsUpIO.sys
Image name: AsUpIO.sys
Timestamp: Mon Aug 02 21:48:02 2010 (4C578362)
CheckSum: 0000BEF9
ImageSize: 000011A0
That is Asus Monitoring driver and as you can see is quite old. It most likely comes with Asus AI Suite and can be downloaded from Asus web site for your board. Motherboards - P8H67-M PRO - ASUS

If you do not already have them please download and install CPUz (CPU-Z CPUID - System & hardware benchmark, monitoring, reporting) and GPUz (GPU-Z Video card GPU Information Utility) Make sure not to download any of the junk ware they may try to install with the program, you can just uncheck the boxes and not install those add on..

I need you to post screenshots (Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums) of GPU the main page and the sensors tabs. I also need you yo post screenshots of CPUz the CPU tab, the mainboard tab, Memory tab and the SPD tab. On the SPD tab you can select each dim slot, I only need the dim slots that are populated with ram.

If you are overclocking anything, Please set it back to default values. While at the Asus web site update all of your drivers for the motherboard.

When you built the machine, did you do a clean install? Also, thank you for filling in your system specs. If you would, please update them as much as possible If you would like to know what we would like, click 'My System specs' at the bottom left of this post and see mine. I need to know, manufacturer and model of your PSU, Ram, Graphics card, if you have it, hard drives. The easy way to update system specs is go to your last post and click my system specs and there will ne a link there to update them. Just be sure to click save at the bottom of the page.

I would also like you to open a elevated command prompt ( click start, type cmd in the search box, right click on the cmd entry and select run as administrator) in the black box that opens, copy/paste sfc /scannow in the box and press enter. If you decide to type it, notice the space between the sfc and the /. It is a system file checker which will scan your system files and attempt to correct any missing or corrupt files. What we want are the results to say 'windows found no integrity violations'. If it says files were found but could not be repaired, close the box, reboot and run it again, after opening the administrative command prompt. You may have to reboot and run it three times for it to repair all system files. If it can't repair them after 3 reboots, let us know.

Can you be a little more specific about your BSODs, for instance, do they happen when you run a specific program, or only in gaming or while performing some specific action. We will get to some testing once you answer the questions and upload the screenshots in the manner of the tutorial I linked to. I just need to know as many specifics as I can about your machine and what programs, if any, that cause tour computer to BSOD.

You are also going to need a monitoring program for your CPU and GPU temps. If you have none, I can suggest a couple.

If you don't understand anything I ask or want an explanation, feel free to ask. I don't mind explaining.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/336866-new-custom-build-please-help-bsod.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Hi I built a custom computer last summer July and started having some BSOD problems about a month ago It started out when I was playing games Starcraft and Battlefield but then it began crashing to BSOD randomly when I wasn't actively doing anything it would BSOD when I left it on overnight I assumed it was the graphics driver so I uninstalled and reinstalled the driver and it worked fine for a couple weeks until it recently started crashing again It is also doing some other strange things like Shockwave crashing in Chrome and requiring a computer restart and Windows Explorer randomly crashing Help custom with BSOD, build System Specs Windows Professional bit Have not reinstalled windows AMD Phenom II X Black GHz Processor ASUS M A T-V EVO Motherboard Corsair XMS RAM Gb sticks Antec High Current Gamer W PSU EVGA GeForce GTX Gb GPU Help with BSOD, custom build Seagate TB Serial Help with BSOD, custom build ATA HD Additionally I ran the Driver Verifier and got a BSOD within minutes of logging in to Windows I booted to safe mode and loaded a system restore point I didn't see the dump file in the minidump folder however I can re-try the Driver Verifier if necessary I plan to run memtest and check the hard drive after this post Thanks in advance for the help

A:Help with BSOD, custom build

I found a missing bit in some of the registers of your CPU. This can occur from a driver bug, but very unlikely. Most often, this is caused by a malfunctioning CPU. CPU malfunctioning can occur internally (meaning a bad CPU), or externally from a bad motherboard, a bad PSU, or overheating or an unstable overclocked state.

If you have your system overclocked, please immediately reset it to factory defaults. That should be the first thing done to troubleshooting the problem. Then, you'll want to conduct a couple hardware tests:

RAM: Memtest86+ - 7+ passes
CPU: Prime95 - Torture Test; Large FFTs; overnight (9+ hours)

These tests are included in the UBCD if you prefer a Live CD environment (which is the best environment to test hardware on). Note that Prime95 currently does not work on the UBCD. Also, please provide us temps/voltages using HWInfo with Sensors only option checked. Log two 30-minute instances: one for idle, and one for high load.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/help-with-bsod-custom-build-632156.html
Relevancy 68.37%

So mainly while gaming I get various BSODs. Not much else to say but here are the required files and my computer and specs may be seen under my profile. Thank you in advance for taking the time to help with this.

A:BSOD Custom Build

Hi Kimbroughhg.

When there are multiple bugchecks without any finite probable cause, the first impression goes to hardware. Some of the crash dumps also indicates it.

Code:
BugCheck A, {2db, 2, 1, fffff8000229743d}

Probably caused by : hardware ( nt!KiTimerExpiration+1d )

---------

Code:
BugCheck 124, {0, fffffa800d268028, b0800000, 40151}

Probably caused by : AuthenticAMD

---------

Stress test the Graphics Card using Furmark.
Video Card - Stress Test with Furmark

Stress test the CPU.
Hardware - Stress Test With Prime95

Overclocked? It should be 4000 MHz.

Code:
CP F/M/S Manufacturer MHz
6 21,2,0 AuthenticAMD 4334
As you are getting BSODs, you should stop overclocking and run all the hardware components like CPU, GPU and RAM to their default settings.

If you have any hardware monitoring program, uninstall them for the time being, and also uninstall all the programs by ASUS.

Two more actions are must.

Double click to open it.
Click this button only:

Apply > OK
Accept then restart.
Let us know the results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/349746-bsod-custom-build.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Hey Peeps!

I just had my first BSOD on my custom build. Any help in figuring out what caused this would be greatly appreciated.

It happened when I was away from my machine, while playing a playlist on youtube and having other windows open on 2 separate browsers; Chrome & Firefox.

Jonezy

A:BSOD Custom build help

CCC 14.12 WHQL works better with R9 cards, as far as I have seen. Get it from Download Drivers and see how it goes.

Let us know.

Code:
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atikmdag.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmdag.sys
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 1000007E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff8801111fdbb, fffff880081d2228, fffff880081d1a80}

Probably caused by : atikmdag.sys ( atikmdag+c7dbb )

---------

6: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M (1000007e)
This is a very common bugcheck. Usually the exception address pinpoints
the driver/function that caused the problem. Always note this address
as well as the link date of the driver/image that contains this address.
Some common problems are exception code 0x80000003. This means a hard
coded breakpoint or assertion was hit, but this system was booted
/NODEBUG. This is not supposed to happen as developers should never have
hardcoded breakpoints in retail code, but ...
If this happens, make sure a debugger gets connected, and the
system is booted /DEBUG. This will let us see why this breakpoint is
happening.
Arguments:
Arg1: ffffffffc0000005, The exception code that was not handled
Arg2: fffff8801111fdbb, The address that the exception occurred at
Arg3: fffff880081d2228, Exception Record Address
Arg4: fffff880081d1a80, Context Record Address

Debugging Details:
------------------
EXCEPTION_CODE: (NTSTATUS) 0xc0000005 - The instruction at 0x%p referenced memory at 0x%p. The memory could not be %s.

FAULTING_IP:
atikmdag+c7dbb
fffff880`1111fdbb 488b83a8060000 mov rax,qword ptr [rbx+6A8h]

EXCEPTION_RECORD: fffff880081d2228 -- (.exr 0xfffff880081d2228)
ExceptionAddress: fffff8801111fdbb (atikmdag+0x00000000000c7dbb)
ExceptionCode: c0000005 (Access violation)
ExceptionFlags: 00000000
NumberParameters: 2
Parameter[0]: 0000000000000000
Parameter[1]: 00000000000006a8
Attempt to read from address 00000000000006a8

CONTEXT: fffff880081d1a80 -- (.cxr 0xfffff880081d1a80;r)
rax=0000000000000000 rbx=0000000000000000 rcx=0000000000000000
rdx=0000000000000000 rsi=00000000003c0000 rdi=0000000000000002
rip=fffff8801111fdbb rsp=fffff880081d2460 rbp=fffffa80088b6060
r8=0000000000000002 r9=000000f416368000 r10=0000000000000000
r11=fffff880081d2690 r12=fffffa80088c5c80 r13=fffffa8007b19f00
r14=fffffa800b6ca010 r15=fffff88011058000
iopl=0 nv up ei pl zr na po nc
cs=0010 ss=0018 ds=002b es=002b fs=0053 gs=002b efl=00010246
atikmdag+0xc7dbb:
fffff880`1111fdbb 488b83a8060000 mov rax,qword ptr [rbx+6A8h] ds:002b:00000000`000006a8=????????????????
Last set context:
rax=0000000000000000 rbx=0000000000000000 rcx=0000000000000000
rdx=0000000000000000 rsi=00000000003c0000 rdi=0000000000000002
rip=fffff8801111fdbb rsp=fffff880081d2460 rbp=fffffa80088b6060
r8=0000000000000002 r9=000000f416368000 r10=0000000000000000
r11=fffff880081d2690 r12=fffffa80088c5c80 r13=fffffa8007b19f00
r14=fffffa800b6ca010 r15=fffff88011058000
iopl=0 nv up ei pl zr na po nc
cs=0010 ss=0018 ds=002b es=002b fs=005... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/373505-bsod-custom-build-help.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Hey folks here's my basic info Is Windows - bit - original installed OS on system - student version of OS counts as full retail can install on multiple machines - All components are approximately months old - Reinstalled OS recently - wks ago to see if that would fix problem did not work Other info The BSOD seems to occur when I'm playing video games but it doesn't always happen only then Thinking it was my original graphics card I RMA'ed it for a new one recieved a different card and problem still exists I also tried a different graphics card which used DX and the problem subsides a little bit the BSOD occurs but not as often I'm almost positive this is a hardware or hardware compatibility problem as reformatting the drive and reinstalling the OS didn't fix it but you folks are the experts Let me know if I forgot something or you need something else to troubleshoot Thanks in advance Josh

A:BSOD on custom build

Hi swashbuckler and Welcome.

STOP 0x000000D1: DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Usual causes: Device driver

Your latest dump file blames ntkrnlmp.exe which is a Windows System file and is highly unlikely to be the cause.
Old and incompatible drivers can and do cause issues with Windows 7, often giving false error codes.

As a Priority:

atikmdag.sys Fri Nov 26 02:46:44 2010 Many people have been having issues with Catalyst 10.12, which is what you currently have installed. Update to the new version following these guidelines.
Download Catalyst v11.1.**
Download and install Driver Sweeper.
Boot to Safe Mode
Uninstall your current Catalyst SetUp.
Run Driver Sweeper to clean up any left overs.
Reboot to Normal Mode.
Install your new Catalyst SetUp.
** Note!! Any WHQLCatalyst SetUp v10.3 - v11.1 can be used except v10.12 (which is not WHQL).

Outdated Drivers. Update:

L1C62x64.sys Wed Apr 01 06:09:17 2009 Atheros Drivers. AR813x-AR815x v1.0.0.46 WHQL.rar. Under the Atheros AR81Family Windows Driver x86/x64(Win7,Vista, XP, Server 2003) header.

Bugcheck Analysis
Code:
Loading Dump File [C:\DUMPS\swashbuckler\020611-10779-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

Symbol search path is: SRV*C:\SymCache*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7600 MP (2 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS
Built by: 7600.16617.amd64fre.win7_gdr.100618-1621
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`02a49000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`02c86e50
Debug session time: Sun Feb 6 10:49:19.870 2011 (UTC + 0:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:07:31.306
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck D1, {1, 2, 8, 1}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KiPageFault+260 )

---------

1: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (d1)
An attempt was made to access a pageable (or completely invalid) address at an
interrupt request level (IRQL) that is too high. This is usually
caused by drivers using improper addresses.
If kernel debugger is available get stack backtrace.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000001, memory referenced
Arg2: 0000000000000002, IRQL
Arg3: 0000000000000008, value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation
Arg4: 0000000000000001, address which referenced memory

Debugging Details:
------------------
READ_ADDRESS: GetPointerFromAddress: unable to read from fffff80002cf10e0

CURRENT_IRQL: 2

FAULTING_IP:
+3438616365383261
00000000`00000001 ?? ???

PROCESS_NAME: lotroclient.ex

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT

BUGCHECK_STR: 0xD1

TRAP_FRAME: fffffa8005757650 -- (.trap 0xfffffa8005757650)
NOTE: The trap frame does not contain all registers.
Some register values may be zeroed or incorrect.
rax=fffffa80064daf60 rbx=0000000000000000 rcx=fffff88002f22750
rdx=0000000000000000 rsi=0000000000000000 rdi=0000000000... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/142868-bsod-custom-build.html
Relevancy 68.37%

Hello,

Ever since yesterday in mid afternoon, my computer will not load Resolume despite it working most of the day prior. Each time I run the program, it shuts down before it can even open fully. The system says that an error has occurred and that Windows will update me when there is a solution. I've downloaded every version of Resolumesince 5.0 and no luck. It seems to be a larger problem with the system itself. I have had a few times where the system will crash either unexpectedly or when I attempt to run Resolume.

Attached is my file with the info of the crashes in it. Any help is much appreciated!
VALORIAN-Wed_05_25_2016__73419_35.zip

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/51349-bsod-custom-build.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Hello everyone After several times of trying to resolve the issue myself i finally come to giving up In the past two months i built myself a computer Something happened and i had to RMA the motherboard After i got the motherboard i found out my GPU was also bad from the incident long story So Finally i have them both and my pc is up Build, New (Several Custom BSOD Issues) Getting Keep and running Unfortunately however I keep getting BSOD all the time ALL the time It usually happens every - minutes Sometimes it happens even quicker when I play games The BSOD sometimes says memory Management but is my ram also New Custom Build, Keep Getting BSOD (Several Issues) bad I'm really hating having to RMA all these components I'm hoping that with this dump file people can help me New Custom Build, Keep Getting BSOD (Several Issues) out Thanks guys System Specs -Intel i k CPU -Noctua NH-D CPU Cooler -Corsair Vengeance low profile ram gb x -ASUS Saberooth z Motherboard -Corsair TX M PSU -MSI R GB OC GPU -Crucial M GB SSD Programs and OS -Western Digital TB HDD Caviar Black Additional Notes -I try to update drivers via device manager and no updates can be found -I have several about Microsoft updates waiting for me but it says bit instead of bit -I get several errors with Memtest -I tried the software quot Driver Genius quot and no updates could be found -I'm using MotionJoy Software for my games this might be an issue -I've already Unistalled Kaspersky Anti Virus but BSOD still continues Thank you in advanced Edit Woah this is strange I'm getting an Error saying quot Missing hosts file quot or something like that when i try to use the Windows SevenForums Diagnostics Tool

A:New Custom Build, Keep Getting BSOD (Several Issues)

Nobody will be able to help you until you are able to run the Diagnostics Tool without problems, when do you get the error message? Does it work if you click on one button at a time instead of the "Grab all" button?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/259705-new-custom-build-keep-getting-bsod-several-issues.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 19
BCP1: 0000000000000020
BCP2: FFFFFA800DC661C0
BCP3: FFFFFA800DC661E0
BCP4: 0000000004020004
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1
? Windows 7
? x64 bit
? first install 3 years ago, reinstall about 5-7 months ago

? CPU Intel i5 2500k @ 4.5 hz
? Video Card EVGA Hybrid all in one liquid cool GTX 980 Ti 2 way Sli
? MotherBoard Asrock z77 Extreme 4
? Power Supply EVGA Supernova G2 1000w Gold

A:BSOD 19, 4a, D1 on desktop(custom build)

When debugging an issue on a custom rig thats overclocked its best to return it to default values.
Bring your OC back to stock to see if it continues to crash.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-19-4a-d1-on-desktop-custom-build-1120625.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi all I am currently experiencing very frequent BSOD with PC I built recently and I'm stumped with the problems at the Build Custom on BSOD Frequent moment I've built a number of PC's in my time and never had such repetitive issues My home PC's are all custom builds and don't cause me such issues however they are on different hardware This PC is a recording server for an IP CCTV system which was thoroughly tested prior to installation on site Memtest for hours and passes AIDA Hours SeaTools tests on drives The specification is as follows MB Asus Z -PRO CPU Intel i - K HSF Arctic Freezer Pro RAM Corsair Vengeance Pro Blue GB PSU Corsair CS M OS-HDD x Sandisk X GB RAID HDD x Seagate SV TB JBOD OPT Samsung SH- DB BBE OS Windows Professional -Bit SP with all current Windows Updates installed The BIOS settings are Optimized Defaults there is no overclocking in place and no Asus Frequent BSOD on Custom Build utilities running Its a stock setup with the CCTV software loaded All the drivers are as Frequent BSOD on Custom Build supplied with the motherboard and updated if Windows Update has detected an update I've experienced crashes over the last few weeks all reporting minimal information with the vagueness of the hall dll error Temperatures are within reasonable limits and are steady at around degrees under normal load the load on the system is generally fixed as it works recording images and displaying them on the monitor As the system passed all of its stress tests the system is now in use and it'd be difficult for me to make major changes such as re-installing windows but if its really needed I'll have to see what I can do I've attached the DM logs and hopefully the culprit can be identified Please let me know if you need any more info from me

A:Frequent BSOD on Custom Build

Code:
BugCheck 124, {0, fffffa8010bcb028, bf800000, 124}

---------
Follow Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/343395-frequent-bsod-custom-build.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi all I ve recently bought a few parts and Custom Windows build. BSOD 7 built up my first real custom PC I ll start with the Issue I Windows 7 BSOD Custom build. ll randomly get a BSOD I ve not noticed a trend like while using a certin programe or stressing the system Also Unpon wake up from sleep it will BSOD reboot and work fine untill the next random BSOD The only useful piece of infomation on the BSOD is that it states Memory Managment These are the specs at the moment Asus M A -MVP Delux motherboard GB Ram Radeon x mb graphics card soon to be upgraded to a XFX HD gb when the PSU is upgraded Phenom ghz Quad core Extreme Edition w PSU soon to be upgraded to around W x SATA HDD I hope some of this info comes in handy with trying to find the problem This is my first real custom build and i m not very good with PC Troubleshooting Best Regards Dan

A:Windows 7 BSOD Custom build.

To start with I would suggest you test the memory RAM;Use this or/and ThisCheck your Bios has the latest Bios update.You might want to check if your virtual ram is kinda low..

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/373340/windows-7-bsod-custom-build/
Relevancy 67.94%

This is a new build that I recently made randomly BSOD as far as i can tell i cannot figure Build BSOD windows on when using Custom New out what the problem is maybe someone here with more expertise can weigh in I would greatly appreciate it As far as I can tell it has been pretty random just happens while browsing the internet non-specific sites and also more specifically when using youtube i don't know if it has anything to do with BSOD on New Custom Build when using windows the streaming I should mention that I have my os on a SSD and an using a raid config with tb WD hdd's as you can see by the specs post Included with this post is the zip file with all the info required asked in the BSOD posting requirements Please please please help Thanks in advance Computer Type ACPI x -based PC Operating System Microsoft Windows Ultimate OS Service Pack Service Pack Internet Explorer IE DirectX DirectX Motherboard CPU Type QuadCore Intel Core i - K MHz x Motherboard Name Gigabyte GA-Z X-UD P-B Motherboard Chipset Intel Cougar Point Z Intel Sandy Bridge System Memory MB DDR - DDR SDRAM DIMM G Skill F - CL - GBRL GB DDR - DDR SDRAM DIMM G Skill F - CL - GBRL GB DDR - DDR SDRAM DIMM G Skill F - CL - GBRL GB DDR - DDR SDRAM DIMM G Skill F - CL - GBRL GB DDR - DDR SDRAM BIOS Type Award Modular Communication Port Communications Port COM Display Video Adapter NVIDIA GeForce GTX MB Video Adapter NVIDIA GeForce GTX MB D Accelerator nVIDIA GeForce GTX Monitor Generic PnP Monitor NoDB Monitor LG W quot LCD Multimedia Audio Adapter nVIDIA HDMI DP nVIDIA GF - High Definition Audio Controller Audio Adapter Realtek ALC Intel Cougar Point PCH - High Definition Audio Storage Storage Controller Intel R Desktop Workstation Server Express Chipset SATA RAID Controller Storage Controller Marvell xx SATA G Controller Disk Drive OWC Merc ury Electra G S SCSI Disk Device GB Disk Drive Volume GB IDE Optical Drive ATAPI iHAS B RW DVD-RAM SMART Hard Disks Unknown Partitions C NTFS GB GB free D NTFS GB GB free Total Size GB GB free Input Keyboard Logitech HID-Compliant Keyboard Mouse Logitech HID-compliant Cordless Mouse Network Network Adapter Realtek PCIe GBE Family Controller

A:BSOD on New Custom Build when using windows

Is there something I forgot to include? or is my problem really that hard? please i really need some help. I cannot figure out how to solve this bsod problem.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/177356-bsod-new-custom-build-when-using-windows.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Hi all around a month ago I build a new PC for Gaming purpose This is the hardware I chose Fractal Design Define S Corsair CP- -EU RM Asus Z Pro Gaming Intel Core i - K Prozessor be quiet BK Dark Rock Pro CPU-K hler Corsair CMK GX M A C Vengeance LPX GB MSI GeForce GTX Gaming G GB GDDR Samsung SSD Evo GB Corsair K RGB MX Brown Gen EVGA TORQ X carbon Asus VG QE After a fresh new install of Windows I started gaming on Build - New BSOD Custom within Games Assassins Creed Unity After a while I got BSODs stating IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL note without the term DRIVER I first thought the game is just buggy but I am getting these issues with AC Syndicate as well So I started using benchmark tools like Furmark hours and Memtest hours but I did not get any BSODs The next strange thing is that my BSODs never created dump files I RARELY saw the BSOD message as the New Custom Build - BSOD within Games PC was just freezing and giving distorted sounds I had a lot BSODs while gaming every minutes and I only had two or three times the BSOD message The message got stuck at when stating that dump files will be generated I checked after each crash there were no dump files When I was forcing a BSOD using testing tools I saw my Windows generating the dump files so I was sure windows would have generated them if possible However after testing with benchmarks and all I decided to reformat my SSD and install a fresh new Windows and only drivers as well as AC Syndicate I left the game running a few hours and had no issues A few days later the BSODs came back but not in the same frequency it was better but still not good However I heard the new Skylake Processors encountering a bugcheck when calculating primes so I waited for a BIOS update I applied the update version from here ASUS USA Today I had the chance to test if it was changing something I had hope it would fix the Skylake issue and I thought that may be the reason why my PC was freezing however I encountered another BSOD - but this time it was another message and Windows finally did generate some dump files UNEXPECTED KERNEL MODE TRAP I saved the MEMORY DMP file from C WINDOWS as well it is around GB Howver please find the ZIP attached generated from dm log collector exe DESKTOP-ATJP N- zip I hope you will be able to help me out Cheers Neunzehn PS Just realized there is an update for my BIOS will test and let you know in a while

A:New Custom Build - BSOD within Games

You have to remove all pirated stuff on your system before we can start troubleshooting.
Forum rules

4) No piracy or discussion of piracy allowed at all. Such as software, music, videos and other intellectual property violations (e.g. downloading youtube videos locally etc).

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/39271-new-custom-build-bsod-within-games.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Hello folks I am having issues with custom gaming rig I built not too long ago It started basically after I finally got everything installed and happens randomly throughout gaming or even just my wife doing online school Even the BSOD crash errors are random not showing any particular pattern at least not to my eyes On to the troubleshooting I have done I have ran sfc scannow dxdiag chkdsk r and memtest All of these come back with no issues except SFC says there are corrupted files that windows could not fix I have ran full scans many new on errors different build pc BSOD custom Getting using Windows Security Essentials which did kill some Trojans I also have ran Malwarebytes Anti-Malware free edition yes with rootkits which killed a lot of PUP optionals as well as a few malware infections and a couple more Trojans After both killing these I have run these scans again with no threats found The Blue screens seem to happen when the PC is left alone for a while I stopped sleep mode thinking that might be it but even when the monitor goes to sleep and the PC is running normally if I come back to it an hour or so later it will be sluggish then BSOD as soon as you do anything that wasn't already on It will also happen after gaming for more than a few hours Any help I could get sorting this out would be appreciated I have attached what the Batch file did to this post Thanks for Getting many different BSOD errors on new custom pc build your time Nick

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/384972-getting-many-different-bsod-errors-new-custom-pc-build.html
Relevancy 67.94%

About five months ago I decided to invest in a custom build It ran fine for the first couple months After that I began to have the occasional BSOD with increasing frequency Strangely enough they seemed to occur regularly for about a week and would then stop only to start up again a week or so later Now the problem has escalated to nearly every night I do game often but have only had one crash while doing so The rest occur randomly while watching a video online or while the computer is on sleep Unfortunately I do not Build Daily Custom with BSOD know enough to pinpoint the exact problem From what I've seen with other threads quot ntoskrnl exe quot often takes the blame for the crash but isn't necessarily the cause Rather than risk causing more damage I thought I'd seek advice from those more knowledgeable than myself Any help is greatly appreciated I have attached the SF Diagnostic Tool zip file from my crash Please let me know if there is any other information I have forgotten to include Custom Build Specs as purchased from Newegg ASUS GRYPHON Z LGA Intel Z HDMI SATA Gb s USB uATX Intel Motherboard Intel Core i - K Haswell GHz LGA W Quad-Core Desktop Processor Intel HD Graphics BX I K EVGA G-P - -KR GeForce GTX GB -bit GDDR PCI Express SLI Support w EVGA ACX Daily BSOD with Custom Build Cooler Video Card Daily BSOD with Custom Build G SKILL Ripjaws X Series GB x GB Daily BSOD with Custom Build -Pin DDR SDRAM DDR PC Desktop Memory Model F - C D- GXM CORSAIR Hydro Series H CW- -WW High Performance Water Liquid CPU Cooler XIGMATEK FCB Fluid Circulative Bearing Cooling System XLF XLF-F PC Power and Cooling Silencer Mk III Series W Modular Power Supply features Japanese C rated Capacitors Intel th Gen CPU Haswell SAMSUNG EVO MZ- TE KW quot TLC Internal Solid State Drive SSD With Desktop Bundle Kit Seagate Barracuda ST DM TB RPM MB Cache SATA Gb s quot Internal Hard Drive Bare Drive RAIDED Windows Professional x

A:Daily BSOD with Custom Build

Hi nickiek.

A stop 0x124 is some sort of hardware issue.

Are you overclocking? As you are getting BSODs, you should stop overclocking and run all the hardware components like CPU, GPU and RAM to their default settings.

Check if the Power Supply Unit (PSU) supplying adequate power to the computer or not.
eXtreme Power Supply Calculator
Also let us know the wattage of the PSU.

Is the computer hot? Report us the heat of the computer after a couple of hours of your normal usage. Upload a screenshot of the summery tab of Speccy. Alternatively, you can publish a Speccy snapshot too: Speccy - Publish Snapshot of your System Specs .

Stress test the CPU.

Let us know the results.
__________________________________________________________________________________________

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 124, {0, fffffa80108ba028, be000000, 100110a}

---------

1: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (124)
A fatal hardware error has occurred. Parameter 1 identifies the type of error
source that reported the error. Parameter 2 holds the address of the
WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure that describes the error conditon.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000000, Machine Check Exception
Arg2: fffffa80108ba028, Address of the WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure.
Arg3: 00000000be000000, High order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.
Arg4: 000000000100110a, Low order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.

Debugging Details:
------------------
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x124_GenuineIntel

CURRENT_IRQL: f

ANALYSIS_VERSION: 6.3.9600.16384 (debuggers(dbg).130821-1623) amd64fre

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`03308a58 fffff800`02e27a3b : 00000000`00000124 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`108ba028 00000000`be000000 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`03308a60 fffff800`02fea463 : 00000000`00000001 fffffa80`105b2da0 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`105b2df0 : hal!HalBugCheckSystem+0x1e3
fffff880`03308aa0 fffff800`02e27700 : 00000000`00000728 fffffa80`105b2da0 fffff880`03308e30 fffff880`03308e00 : nt!WheaReportHwError+0x263
fffff880`03308b00 fffff800`02e27052 : fffffa80`105b2da0 fffff880`03308e30 fffffa80`105b2da0 00000000`00000000 : hal!HalpMcaReportError+0x4c
fffff880`03308c50 fffff800`02e26f0d : 00000000`00000004 00000000`00000001 fffff880`03308eb0 00000000`00000000 : hal!HalpMceHandler+0x9e
fffff880`03308c90 fffff800`02e1ae88 : 00000000`00000000 fffff880`03300180 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : hal!HalpMceHandlerWithRendezvous+0x55
fffff880`03308cc0 fffff800`02ed24ac : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : hal!HalHandleMcheck+0x40
fffff880`03308cf0 fffff800`02ed2313 : 00000000`00000000 0... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/321143-daily-bsod-custom-build.html
Relevancy 67.94%

This has happened twice in one week. The first time I don't have any details on as I was away from the computer when it happened. The second time just happened this morning. I recently installed Auto Remote and use it to put the computer to sleep and then Wake On LAN. After waking it this morning I sat down and opened WinAmp. Music froze and stuttered, then I got a BSOD.

A:BSOD after Wake On Lan - custom build

Just got another BSOD. This time Chrome was running but minimized. I had just installed some software registration program from Native Instruments. I was rearranging the shortcut icons on my desktop when I got the BSOD. That's three times in one week. I am attaching the new logs.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/360597-bsod-after-wake-lan-custom-build.html
Relevancy 67.94%

I just built my first cheap gaming computer today However I keep getting blue screened and it happens very frequently Within the last hours of trying to troubleshoot this issue myself it has blue screened on me about times I cannot be certain when why it occurs It's happened while playing Binding of Isaac and League of Legends It has also happened on first BSOD day. Build Computer, Custom when I was not interacting with the computer It has Custom Build Computer, BSOD on first day. also happened immediately after another one blue screening before I even get a chance to sign in to windows My parts Motherboard MSI H MA-G LGA Processor Intel Core i - P GHz Quad-Core Memory Corsair Vengeance GB DDR Power Power Supply W CoolPower -pin ATX Case Cooler Master HAF RC- -KKN Hard Drive WD GB CAVIAR BLACK SATA RPM Graphics Card Custom Build Computer, BSOD on first day. Asus GeForce GT GB DDR MHz OS Windows Home Premium x What I have done -checked for unusual behavior sounds smell inside the case -attempted to find and updated any and all drivers -used bluescreenviewer to try to isolate problem I think it's the NVIDIA graphics card --uninstalled all nvidia drivers and programs --boot in safe mode then use drive sweeper to clear out any remaining nvidia drivers --reinstalled nvidia drivers through windows device manager does not updated to most recent version --updated to most recent version through nvidia website Thank you for your help

A:Custom Build Computer, BSOD on first day.

Hi Yupei

First you need to update the BIOS to Version 1.C either throught the MSI live update utility or using the utility provided in the BIOS download

Second install Windows SP1 update

Do these and let me know if it BSOD's

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/300196-custom-build-computer-bsod-first-day.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Hello I apologize in advance for being on build. BSOD daily custom Happens new but I will follow instruction if someone can just help point me BSOD on custom build. Happens daily in the right direction I have a custom BSOD on custom build. Happens daily built computer that has been BSOD on custom build. Happens daily getting random BSOD They happen everyday I can boot my computer then randomly in the first hour it will usually crash After the crash the computer works just fine until after I turn it off I can run it for days without another BSOD but as soon as I turn it off and boot back up I will inevitably get another BSOD at a random time soon after I've included my specs and ran the DM Log which is included as well I also have a crash dump analysis from WhoCrashed which I will copy paste here also Please let me know if there is anything else I need to include and what I can do to resolve this issue Thanks in advance Additionally I have no idea why WhoCrashed is showing my Windows version as Windows XP Service Pack build I most definitely have Windows Home Edition -bit System Information local -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Computer name GAMING-PC Windows version Windows XP Service Pack build Windows dir C Windows Hardware Z X-Gaming Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd CPU GenuineIntel Intel R Core TM i - K CPU GHz Intel level logical processors active mask RAM bytes total -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Crash Dump Analysis -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Crash dump directory C Windows Minidump Crash dumps are enabled on your computer On Wed PM GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmp This was probably caused by the following module ntoskrnl exe nt x C Bugcheck code x A x xFFFFFA F xFFFF x Error MEMORY MANAGEMENT file path C Windows system ntoskrnl exe product Microsoft Windows Operating System company Microsoft Corporation description NT Kernel amp System Bug check description This indicates that a severe memory management error occurred This might be a case of memory corruption More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers not because of faulty RAM modules The crash took place in the Windows kernel Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time On Wed PM GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows memory dmp This was probably caused by the following module ntkrnlmp exe nt KeBugCheckEx x Bugcheck code x A x xFFFFFA F xFFFF x Error MEMORY MANAGEMENT Bug check description This indicates that a severe memory management error occurred This might be a case of memory corruption More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers not because of faulty RAM modules The crash took place in the Windows kernel Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time On Tue PM GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmp This was probably caused by the following module ntoskrnl exe nt x C Bugcheck code x A x xFFFFFA CC F xFFFF x Error MEMORY MANAGEMENT file path C Windows system ntoskrnl exe product Microsoft Windows Operating System company Microsoft Corporation description NT Kernel amp System Bug check description This indicates that a severe memory management error occurred This might be a case of memory corruption More often memory corruption happens because of software errors in buggy drivers not because of faulty RAM modules The crash took place in the Windows kernel Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time On Mon PM GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmp This was probably caused by the following module cdd dll cdd x DD Bugcheck code x E xFFFFFFFFC xFFFFF A DD xFFFFF E DEA xFFFFF E D Error SYSTEM THREAD EXCEPTION NOT HANDL... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/400405-bsod-custom-build-happens-daily.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Need some help guys, just built this PC (first build) and i'm getting this BSOD thrown my way.

A:New custom build and just got first BSOD 0x00000124

Welcome to the forums StevenP,

Any doesn't seem to be any dump files within the folder, please follow these instructions to configure a Minidump to be created upon BSOD - Dump Files - Configure Windows to Create on BSOD

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/294995-new-custom-build-just-got-first-bsod-0x00000124.html
Relevancy 67.94%

Specs:

CPU: AMD FX 6100
GPU: Asus EAH5670
MOBO: Asus M5A97 EVO

Issue:

Last week I decided to bring some of my desktop hardware "up-to-date." I originally had an AMD build which I enjoyed for 6-7 years, so I went with the AM3+ build. I upgraded my MOBO, CPU and RAM. I started having BSOD's almost immediately after I was up and running and have spent a few days now trying to sort it out, but I fear this is beyond me. I have no idea if it's a driver problem, hardware problem or compatibility problem and I have hit a wall with my level of knowledge and patience. I can't really give specific circumstances for when a crash occurs because they seem to happen at random times. Any help with this problem would be greatly appreciated! If any more information is needed, please let me know.

A:BSOD - Custom Build Issues

Additional info:

PSU: Turbolink LC-A420ATX (about 7 years old)
RAM: Viper extreme PX538G2000ELK
HDD: Hitachi HDT725032VLA360 (About 7 years old)

I am currently running memtest and will complete an HDD test as well.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-custom-build-issues-622639.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Hello I have been experiencing very intermittent issues with my Windows -Bit PC It has been crashing with a Blue Screen - Times week for about a month now no With on created being .dmp files Custom BSOD Build The problem is that there are no dmp files being created even though the system is set to write Kernel Memory Dumps on system failures All Drivers are up-to-date as far as I know The BSOD on Custom Build With no .dmp files being created only crash file is from December which is irrelevant to the current issues My PC has been stable for over a year with the exception of the December crash which was a one-time thing imo I do not overclock the PC and all bios settings are default with the exception of the RAM profile being set to XMP- because my ram by default was running Mhz if I remember correctly Things I have done thus far CMD Prompt sfc scannow chkdsk C F H Y Z all with the toggle r - I presumed that perhaps a bad HDD SSD was to blame as I recently installed the two TB HDD's but they all checked out OK Memtest for hours no bad ram - I recently installed GB ram vs GB Attached is the DM log collector file Any help on how to get the system to write crash files or ideas as to what could be causing the issues would be appreciated -Thank you Wise

A:BSOD on Custom Build With no .dmp files being created

Update: My PC just crashed again... Twice. I disabled the "Automatic restart on system failure" and wrote down some information about the BSOD. Silly me, I found the .dmp file. It was set to be on a HDD that is NOT the OS drive.

Information about the crash: 0x50, Page_Fault_In_Nonpaged_area
So I presume a driver is the culprit? Also, the .dmp file is 2.5GB, 300MB compressed, I can upload somewhere if need be.

Edit: Second Crash, the .zip folder of the file is attached.
WhoCrashed blamed hardware: 0x124. I don't have any overclocks (aside from my GTX 680 which is factory overclocked).

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/338068-bsod-custom-build-no-dmp-files-being-created.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Hey guys I have a PC that was custom built with all new hardware and it has hard freezes requiring a cold boot It happens anywhere from once a month to a couple times a day Hardware Custom BSOD New Freezes no build These freezes occur while doing anything from watching a movie browsing the web or when it's just sitting idly I replaced the PSU flashed the Bios reinstalled windows changed the power settings updated drivers and re-sat the ram with no change Windows event viewer doesn't show anything that related to the crash New Hardware Custom build Freezes no BSOD except quot previous system shutdown was unexpected quot After running stress cpu and memtest all came up fine Since all New Hardware Custom build Freezes no BSOD the hardware is new not sure what New Hardware Custom build Freezes no BSOD to switch out next if I should reinstall windows again or change something in the bios I'm using a Intel i k Intel graphics Asus H M-A Motherboard Crucial DDR Ram GB Samsung Evo SSD as primary drive Seagate TB HDD Corsair watt PSU Any help is appreciated

A:New Hardware Custom build Freezes no BSOD

Is all the parts intact and nothing is loose or anything?

http://www.sevenforums.com/general-discussion/368771-new-hardware-custom-build-freezes-no-bsod.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Hi I'm getting the BSOD error on my new custom built machine after a few hours of use every time i use it I've just built the PC a week ago the CPU mobo amp Ram are new parts upgrading from my old set up The HDD amp power supply are years old I've used the SF Diagnostics tool to get the dump files amp attached them to this post My PC specs are Windows bit Home Premium Installed from a purchased OEM dvd on new error BSOD Constant custom build Mobo Asus H M-E Socket w integrated graphics processor amp on board Realtek ALC HD audio card Drivers installed from Constant BSOD error on new custom build bundled dvd CPU Intel Core i k ghz Quad processor Ram X Corsair GB DDR MHz Vengeance Kit - CL - - - Power Supply OCZ Stealth X Stream w HDD Western Digital tb mb cache SATA DVD Drive Pioneer DVD-RW DVR- L ATAPI Case Cooler Master Cm III Advance ATX Mid-Tower Cooling X case fans amp standard Intel CPU cooling fan bundled with chip Hope someone can help me with this it's driving me crazy

A:Constant BSOD error on new custom build

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 124, {0, fffffa800996d028, bf800000, 124}

---------
Are you overclocking? As you are getting BSODs, you should stop overclocking and run all the hardware components like CPU, GPU and RAM to their default settings.

Check if the Power Supply Unit (PSU) supplying adequate power to the computer or not.
eXtreme Power Supply Calculator

Report us the heat of the computer after a couple of hours of your normal usage. Upload a screenshot of the summery tab of Speccy. Alternatively, you can publish a Speccy snapshot too: Speccy - Publish Snapshot of your System Specs .

Stress test the CPU.

Let us know the results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/322649-constant-bsod-error-new-custom-build.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Hi

I've had a problem with my computer for as long as i can remember. BSOD.
The BSOD messages vary from time to time.

Here are my dmp files and other info.

All help is appreciated.

Mvh Rolfern

A:Custom Build PC. Diffrent BSOD messages.

Hello rolfern, I looked through your files and a few things came to my attention, first start by uninstalling bot hDaemon tools and Alcohol 120% then download and run this tool:

DuplexSecure - Downloads

when the tool runs if the uninstall button is grayed out you are done and can close the window, if it is not clickit and allow it to do its job. DO NOT click the install button it will install a driver known to cause BSODs onto your system.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/283953-custom-build-pc-diffrent-bsod-messages.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Ok i have a custom build CPU BSoD build crashing custom Redirected computer worked fine then BSoD just recently it has started to just crash with no memory dmp files already ruled out hardware and BC adivsor believes it my be infected the link to the previous forum is as followed http www bleepingcomputer com forums ind p entry i went and used gmer but i noticed they said it was only for vista and earlier so when i tried scanning it gave me theC Windows system config system Redirected custom build CPU BSoD crashing The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another processit would then run but came back clean also for some reason the only things i could scan were service registry files everything else was grayed outalso when tryingto back up my computer like instructed i got a bunch of these - - The log tab has been cleared to increase performanceERR - - There were errors logged before the tab was cleared so check the real log file Log - Open log files ERR - - An error occurred while compressing the file quot GLOBALROOT Device HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy Games sacred scripts particle fx inq seelenfaenger s particle quot Disk is full There is not enough free space on disk - Native error ERR - - An error occurred while compressing the file quot GLOBALROOT Device HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy Games sacred scripts Redirected custom build CPU BSoD crashing particle fx inq seelenraub c particle quot Disk is full There is not enough free space on disk - Native error ERR - - An error occurred while Redirected custom build CPU BSoD crashing compressing the file quot GLOBALROOT Device HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy Games sacred scripts particle fx inq seelenraub c particle quot Disk is full There is not enough free space on disk - Native error ERR - - An error occurred while compressing the file quot GLOBALROOT Device HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy Games sacred scripts particle fx inq vergeltung particle quot Disk is full There is not enough free space on disk - Native error ERR - - An error occurred while compressing the file quot GLOBALROOT Device HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy Games sacred scripts particle fx inq vergeltung c particle quot Disk is full There is not enough free space on disk - Native error ERR - - An error occurred while compressing the file quot GLOBALROOT Device HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy Games sacred scripts particle fx inq vergeltung c particle quot Disk is full There is not enough free space on disk - Native error ERR - - An error occurred while compressing the file quot GLOBALROOT Device HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy Games sacred scripts particle fx inq versklavung c particle quot Disk is full There is not enough free space on disk - Native error ERR - - An error occurred while compressing the file quot GLOBALROOT Device HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy Games sacred scripts particle fx irrlicht particle quot Disk is full There is not enough free space on disk - Native error ERR - - An error occurred while compressing the file quot GLOBALROOT Device HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy Games sacred scripts particle fx irrlicht particle quot Disk is full There is not enough free space on disk - Native error ERR - - An error occurred while compressing the file quot GLOBALROOT Device HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy Games sacred scripts particle fx kehlenreisser particle quot Disk is full There is not enough free space on disk - Native error ERR - - An error occurred while compressing the file quot GLOBALROOT Device HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy Games sacred scripts particle fx kingscorpion dust c particle quot Disk is full There is not enough free space on disk - Native error ERR - - An error occurred while compressing the file quot GLOBALROOT Device HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy Games sacred scripts particle fx kingscorpion dust c particle quot Disk is full There is not enough free space on disk - Native error ERR - - An error occurred while compressing the file quot GLOBALROOT Device HarddiskVolumeShadowCopy Games sacred scripts particle fx kingscorpion dust c pa... Read more

A:Redirected custom build CPU BSoD crashing

Hello and welcome to Bleeping ComputerWe apologize for the delay in responding to your request for help. Here at Bleeping Computer we get overwhelmed at times, and we are trying our best to keep up. Please note that your topic was not intentionally overlooked. Our mission is to help everyone in need, but sometimes it takes just a little longer to get to every request for help. No one is ignored here.If you have since resolved the original problem you were having, we would appreciate you letting us know. If not please perform the following steps below so we can have a look at the current condition of your machine. Please include a clear description of the problems you're having, along with any steps you may have performed so far.Please refrain from running tools or applying updates other than those we suggest while we are cleaning up your computer. The reason for this is so we know what is going on with the machine at any time. Some programs can interfere with others and hamper the recovery process.Even if you have already provided information about your PC, we need a new log to see what has changed since you originally posted your problem.We need to create an OTL ReportPlease download OTL from one of the following mirrors:This is THE MirrorSave it to your desktop.Double click on the icon on your desktop.Click the "Scan All Users" checkbox.In the custom scan box paste the following:CODEmsconfigsafebootminimalactivexdrivers32netsvcs%SYSTEMDRIVE%\*.exe/md5starteventlog.dllscecli.dllnetlogon.dllcngaudit.dllsceclt.dllntelogon.dlllogevent.dlliaStor.sysnvstor.sysatapi.sysIdeChnDr.sysviasraid.sysAGP440.sysvaxscsi.sysnvatabus.sysviamraid.sysnvata.sysnvgts.sysiastorv.sysViPrt.syseNetHook.dllahcix86.sysKR10N.sysnvstor32.sysahcix86s.sysnvrd32.syssymmpi.sysadp3132.sysmv61xx.sysnvraid.sys/md5stop%systemroot%\*. /mp /s%systemroot%\system32\*.dll /lockedfiles%systemroot%\Tasks\*.job /lockedfiles%systemroot%\system32\drivers\*.sys /lockedfiles%systemroot%\System32\config\*.sav%systemroot%\system32\drivers\*.sys /90Push the button.Two reports will open, copy and paste them in a reply here:OTL.txt <-- Will be openedExtra.txt<--Will be minimizedIn the upper right hand corner of the topic you will see a button called Options. If you click on this in the drop-down menu you can choose Track this topic. I suggest you do this and select Immediate E-Mail notification and click on Proceed. This way you will be advised when we respond to your topic and facilitate the cleaning of your machine.After 5 days if a topic is not replied to we assume it has been abandoned and it is closed.regards myrti

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/316727/redirected-custom-build-cpu-bsod-crashing/
Relevancy 67.08%

Hello!

This is a new custom build. I have had several BSOD errors however the only one I can remember coming up more the once is one that named "memory mangment." I included a quick pic of the failed mem test with the test not showing which channel is bad. I hope with the uploaded zipfile and the pic it is enough information. Let me know if I missed something. Any help is greatly appreciated.

(link to pic of memtest)
http://s615.photobucket.com/user/greenthingsjump/media/IMG_20130719_090605.jpg.html

Joshua

A:BSOD, Custom Build, Memory Mangment

Hi Jouhua ....

Is it the image that you wanted to upload? I have scaled it down.
Attachment 277189

The image indicates that memtest detected a RAM failure. A lot of failures in the pass one only.

Now it is your time to follow the Part 3: If You Have Errors: of How to Test and Diagnose RAM Issues with Memtest86+
First run it with all the existing/installed RAM modules. If it comes with no error, all is good.

But if it starts showing errors (as in your case), Stop testing. Errors/red lines means one or more RAM is faulty. But the fault may occur due to a faulty DIMM slot, too, which is a motherboard component. Using memtest86+, you can discriminate between a faulty RAM and a faulty motherboard.

How? Say you have two RAM sticks and two DIMM slots. You obtained errors at the test with all RAM sticks installed. Now, remove all the sticks but one. Test it in all the available slots, one by one. Continue the same procedure for all the available sticks.
How to make the inference that is it a RAM issue or it is a motherboard issue? Suppose you have got the result like that:
testSlot1Slot2RAM1ErrorErrorRAM2GoodGood It is a RAM, a bad RAM.

But if you have got a result like that:
testSlot1Slot2RAM1ErrorGoodRAM2ErrorGood It is a motherboard issue. The particular slot is bad.

Let us know the results.

** I haven't checked the dumps as nothing should be done here before deciding about the failing RAM.

If there are even more problem after doing the aforesaid suggestion, let us know

Edit: The crash dumps showed some graphics error too. The ATI display driver is not the latest one.
After completing the memory issue, uninstall the display drive using AMD Catalyst Un-install Utility. Then update your ATI/AMD display driver to the latest WHQL.
You can get it from the link in our forum, Latest AMD Catalyst Video Driver for Windows 7, or you may go to AMD Graphics Driver and Software and opt for Automatically Detect and Install the appropriate driver for your card.

During installation, you may opt for advanced installation, and install the display driver only, not the Catalyst Control Center.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/297893-bsod-custom-build-memory-mangment.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Intel Core i - K GHz Quad-Core Processor Gigabyte GA-Z X-GAMING ATX LGA Motherboard G Skill Ripjaws W7 fresh Build Custom after BSOD Installs two Z Series GB x GB DDR - Memory Asus GeForce GTX GB STRIX Video Card Corsair CX W Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply Crucial Custom Build BSOD after two fresh W7 Installs M Series GB SSD - CT M SSD Windows Ultimate Bit My daughter has some interest in PCs so we decided to build a PC to see if it was something she wanted to do more of We purchased the above part list and assembled them in an NZXT S ATX Mid Tower Case After assembly we installed W Ultimate Bit The system crashed upon launching any game Crashes were immediate reboots and most often not the BSOD but there were an occasional BSOD as well After a few weeks of troubleshooting we reformatted and reinstalled everything but this time we did not install any of the ASUS Graphics card drivers We let Windows do it on its own That seemed to help reduce the crashes Then I realized I could disable the on board graphics in the BIOS and did so Maybe there were conflicts between the motherboard graphics and the ASUS Graphics card Not sure So as of today I am happy to say we seemed to have resolved all crashing with the exception of the BSOD which seems to happen about once a day We leave the PC on all of the time The BSOD crash will occur even when no one is using the PC So I am at a loss as to what to do I found this wonderful site in a google search I am so happy to see there is a community of experts and hopefully one day I will able to give back

A:Custom Build BSOD after two fresh W7 Installs

...finding more info on this site. I am going to run Memtest86+ V5.01 USB today to see if there is a problem with either my memory or motherboard memory slots. If no problems found after 8+ passes I will try Driver verifyer.

Since I purchased these parts in June, I would like to know if there are problems with any of my components now in order to get support from the manufacturer.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/375961-custom-build-bsod-after-two-fresh-w7-installs.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Ok so I m having a few different types of Certain games on crashing build custom (BSOD) PC bluescreen errors on my computer First off specs of importance AMD FX tm - Quad-Core Processor Core name is AMD bulldozer GB RAM DDR Radeon HD GB Graphics card TB HD Motherboard is a Gigabyte GA- A-UD Windows Home Premium I ve had a multitude of errors sometimes I wont have a problem for a while I ve had memory errors and those LESS EQUAL type things Also sometimes when certain games Certain games crashing on custom PC build (BSOD) go to full window mode upon startup I wont get to see a blue-screen and instead I suddenly notice that my computer has restarted All cooling is checked out Certain games crashing on custom PC build (BSOD) and I havn t seen anything New build Certain games crashing on custom PC build (BSOD) so there isn t any dust in the whole case and the case has all the wires routed through a side pannel out of the way for good airflow only CERTAIN games crash I was suspect of my graphics card until I opened up skyrim on Ultra with mods for even higher detail textures and it all works out just fine Games crashing upon opening are quot Blacklight Retribution quot and the new quot Counter Strike Global Offensive quot I ve checked my Direct X Version and I m on so I figure that isnt the problem I doubt it s related but for some reason the silverlight pluggin for netflix crashes occasionally for no apparent reason I m pretty sure all my drivers definitely my GPU is up-to-date but there hasn t been any change Maybe I missed a step on calibrating something with custom builds Thanks so much nbsp

A:Certain games crashing on custom PC build (BSOD)

had an error watching youtube ( I swear it's getting worse)

Memory Management
Tech info was like 0x0000000A1

I've also had the 0x0000007E or something similar in the past

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/certain-games-crashing-on-custom-pc-build-bsod.184556/
Relevancy 67.08%

Hello,

I've been having blue screens for quite some time. I even formatted my computer 3 days ago and so far already got 2 blue screens.
I am not sure what's going on, I updated all my drivers and make sure everything is up to date.

And for some reason my minidumps aren't recording either, luckily I took a pic of it.

On my "Errors.rar" file there's Errors.evtx, from administrative events, not sure if will be also useful but I hope so.

Thank you for the support.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/382200-need-help-bsod-custom-build-updated-drivers.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Hi Everyone I am experiencing a BSOD please see the attachment Here are my computer details - OS - Windows SP x What was original installed OS on system - Windows x (custom on build) new Windows computer 7 BSOD SP Is the OS an OEM version came pre-installed on system or full retail version YOU purchased it from retailer - It is OEM Age of system hardware - brand new Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS - no reinstallation just installed CPU - i Video Card - Nvidia GeForce GTX Ti Boost MotherBoard - Gigabyte X -UP Power Supply - brand amp wattage - Cooler Master Watt System Manufacturer - NONE building a custom PC Exact model number if laptop check label on bottom - Not Applicable In addition to the required information above and in the attached I also uploaded the following files to my DropBox account MiniDump File SysData The following two screen shots of the same error box BSOD on new Windows 7 computer (custom build) will hopefully shed some light on the issue - Any help BSOD on new Windows 7 computer (custom build) here will be really appreciated Kind Regards Davo

A:BSOD on new Windows 7 computer (custom build)

Hi . . .

A bugcheck with 0x0 parms like the one in your screenshot usually indicates unknown hardware failure; corrupted installation or other unknown.

Where did Microsoft Windows 7 Professional x64 OEM originate from? Is it a 90-day trial?

Code:
Event[1952--]:
Log Name: Application
Source: Windows Activation Technologies
Date: 2013-10-11T13:00:26.000
Description:
SLUI notification schedule modified.
Schedule type: 1

Genuine validation schedule created/changed.
Interval: 129600 minutes

Genuine validation result:
hrOffline = 0x00000000, hrOnline = 0x00000000

Genuine validation data sent to AVS successfully.

Successfully acquired genuine ticket for template Id 66c92734-d682-4d71-983e-d6ec3f16059f

Genuine state set to genuine for application Id 55c92734-d682-4d71-983e-d6ec3f16059f

Health check passed.

Health check initiated.

The Software Protection service has started.

Genuine validation initiated.
A few drivers of interest as they appear to be monitoring apps. The one in RED - known to cause BSODs -

Code:
UltraMonUtility.sys Thu Nov 13 20:10:30 2008 (491CD006)
DirectIo64.sys Mon Aug 13 00:30:24 2012 (502882E0)
gdrv.sys Thu Mar 12 23:22:29 2009 (49B9D175)
GVTDrv64.sys Tue Sep 05 03:10:02 2006 (44FD22CA)
http://carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=DirectIo64.sys
http://sysnative.com/drivers/driver.php?id=UltraMonUtility.sys
http://sysnative.com/drivers/driver.php?id=gdrv.sys
http://sysnative.com/drivers/driver.php?id=GVTDrv64.sys

We (BSOD Analysts) are experiencing difficulties as the Windows NT Kernel was updated late last week and we have not yet received new symbol files, so at this time there is little else I can do.

I did go through the other files, including Event Viewer -- that's where the licensing info was listed.

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

BSOD SUMMARY

Code:
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\PalmDesert\_jcgriff2_\dbug\__Kernel__\101413-14492-01.dmp]
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for ntoskrnl.exe
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for ntoskrnl.exe
Built by: 7601.18247.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.130828-1532
Debug session time: Mon Oct 14 01:12:25.985 2013 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 1:02:17.667
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for ntoskrnl.exe
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for ntoskrnl.exe
BugCheck D1, {0, 2, 0, fffff880017160d2}
Probably caused by : storport.sys ( storport!StorPortNotification+22 )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0xD1
Bugcheck code 000000D1
Arguments 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000002 00000000`00000000 fffff880`017160d2
BiosVersion = F4
BiosReleaseDate = 09/05/2013
SystemManufacturer = Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
SystemProductName = To be filled by O.E.M.
MaxSpeed: 3600
CurrentSpeed: 3600
??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\PalmDesert\_jcgriff2_\dbug\__Kernel__\101413-14445-01.dmp]
Built by: 7601.18247.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.130828-1532
Debug session time: Mon Oct 14 00:09:07.847 2013 (UTC - 4:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 2:04:17.578
Probably caused by : ntoskrnl.exe ( nt+75b90 )
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x1E
Bugcheck code 0000001E
Arguments 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000
BiosVersion = F4
BiosReleaseDate = 09/05/2013
SystemManufacturer = Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
SystemProductName = To be filled by O.E.M.
MaxSpeed: 3600
CurrentSpeed: 3600
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\PalmDesert\_jcgriff2_\dbug\__Kernel__\101413-14508-01.dmp]
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not b... Read more

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-on-new-windows-7-computer-custom-build-730817.html
Relevancy 67.08%

Hi,

new to here as have recently started to experience random BSODs. Details as follows :

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: f4
BCP1: 0000000000000003
BCP2: FFFFFA8025E1CB30
BCP3: FFFFFA8025E1CE10
BCP4: FFFFF8000418B8B0
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 256_1

This is a custom build with an EVGA SR-2 motherboard Nvidia 580gtx video card and windows 7 x64

Any advice as to cause / fix greatly appreciated !

Thanks in advance

A:Custom build Windows 7 frequent BSOD

All five error codes are the same 0x000000F4: CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION
One of the many processes or threads crucial to system operation has unexpectedly exited or been terminated. As a result, the system can no longer function. Specific causes are many, and often best resolved by a careful history of the problem and the circumstances of the error message.

All five cite Windows OS drivers - wininit.exe (3x) and csrss.exe (2x) - and the thing with OS drivers is that they are usually not the issue; they more so point out that there is an issue.

Have you been infected lately? What security software are you running? Do a virus and malware scan.

http://www.techspot.com/community/topics/custom-build-windows-7-frequent-bsod.171857/