Windows Support Forum

BSOD while playing games and idle caused by ntoskrnl.exe

Q: BSOD while playing games and idle caused by ntoskrnl.exe

i have been having blue screens for around a month mostly while gaming but some times when idle some games have also been quitting randomly which might have something to do with it. i figured out that it has to do with ntoskrnl.exe. i attached a file with only my latest bsod because the others got deleted after running ccleaner. i have also ran memtest and not gotten any errors i will run it 5-8 more times just in case.

Relevancy 100%
Preferred Solution: BSOD while playing games and idle caused by ntoskrnl.exe

I recommend downloading and running Reimage. It's a computer repair tool that has been proven to identify and fix many Windows problems with a high level of success.

I've used it in the past to identify and fix everything from blue screens (BSOD's), ActiveX errors, corrupt files and processes, dll/exe/sys errors, recover lost memory, Windows update problems, defragging, malware removal etc.

You can download it direct from this link http://downloadreimage.com/directdownload.php. (This link will automatically start a download of Reimage that you can save to your computer.)

A: BSOD while playing games and idle caused by ntoskrnl.exe

just got another bsod dxgkrnl.sys

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/373048-bsod-while-playing-games-idle-caused-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 81.53%

Hello I've been getting the BSOD for the past couple weeks when playing the game Hearthstone and only Hearthstone I wiped my computer and did a fresh install hoping it would fix it but it didn't I figured it must be something with BSOD some games: by when Caused playing and ntkrnlmp ntoskrnl.exe both the game since no other game was giving me the error and windows never crashed outside of it But I just bought Skyrim and got an error almost right away I did some searching and read it might be a memory problem I ran Windows Memory Diagnostic tool and it came up with nothing The errors have always been linked to ntoskrnl exe but tonight's latest error also included ntkrnlmp exe in on the fun I'm kinda running out of ideas on what to do Maybe Windows Update has been corrupting those files I've attached the two dmp files from the crashes Whocrashed also says there's a file called quot Memory dmp quot but that's almost mb So I'll just post what Whocrashed reported there Quote On Mon AM GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows memory dmp This was probably caused by the following module ntkrnlmp exe nt KeBugCheckEx x Bugcheck code x A xFFFFF FC A xFFFFFFFFC E x DBBE xFFFFF D Error KERNEL DATA INPAGE ERROR Bug check description This bug check indicates that the requested page of kernel data BSOD when playing some games: Caused by both ntoskrnl.exe and ntkrnlmp from the paging file could not be read into memory The crash took place in the Windows kernel Possibly this BSOD when playing some games: Caused by both ntoskrnl.exe and ntkrnlmp problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time

A:BSOD when playing some games: Caused by both ntoskrnl.exe and ntkrnlmp

AVG is contributing to your BSOD's. Please remove it for testing purpose. Use Microsoft Security Essentials.

Recommended from a strict BSOD perspective, compatibility & stability compared to other security software:

Microsoft Security Essentials - Free Antivirus for Windows

Malwarebytes - Free

Good and Free system security combination.

Scan with Kaspersky TDSSKiller:Anti-rootkit utility TDSSKiller

ESET online scanner: Free Online Virus Scanner | ESET

Daemon Tools/Alchohol is known to cause BSODs:
How to remove sptd.sys from system
Registry and SPTD problems | DAEMON Pro Help

Use Revo Uninstaller to uninstall stubborn software. Opt for Advance Mode while uninstalling which allows leftover registry removal:Download Revo Uninstaller Freeware - Free and Full Download - Uninstall software, remove programs, solve uninstall problems

Please update these older drivers. Links are included to assist in looking up the source of the drivers. If unable to find an update, please remove (un-install) the program responsible for that driver. DO NOT manually delete/rename the driver as it may make the system unbootable!:-

Rt64win7.sys Thu Feb 26 15:04:13 2009 (49A65B0D)
Realtek RTL8168D/8111D Family PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet NIC
Driver Reference Table - Rt64win7.sys

Perform a clean install of a driver following: How to Clean Left Over Driver Files with Driver Sweeper

Install all updates including Service Pack One: Learn how to install Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1)

Run a System file check (SFC): SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

Run Disk Check on your Hard Drive(s): Disk Check

Check for heating issues using Speccy or HWmonitor

Upload a screen shot: Screenshots and Files - Upload and Post in Seven Forums

Keep us posted.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/320692-bsod-when-playing-some-games-caused-both-ntoskrnl-exe-ntkrnlmp.html
Relevancy 110.94%

I have been getting the BSODs for days now started on They happened more or less at random times First time right after boot I launched a browser flash game and that killed it Then I was changing settings of Steam and it died again One more time happened while I was waiting for it to boot was not touching anything even browser games BSOD after boot/idle/playing flash (ntoskrnl.exe) Next time I did not launch any games was just doing browsing It was fine for minutes then I risked starting a flash game again played for minutes - bsod again I don't think all of these got logged but should be around - by now Used the BlueScreenView tool to see that the BSOD (ntoskrnl.exe) after boot/idle/playing browser flash games problem was caused by ntoskrnl exe Tried uninstalling the latest windows update critical update installed on BSOD (ntoskrnl.exe) after boot/idle/playing browser flash games but that did not solve the problem Reinstalling Windows is NOT an option for me since my Windows came on some restore CD thing that formats everything P S Sorry my Windows is in Russian so some of the log files ended up having a lot of Russian in it as well as some weird symbols caused most probably by some encoding errors

A:BSOD (ntoskrnl.exe) after boot/idle/playing browser flash games

Code:
BugCheck 3B, {c0000096, fffff800032c5e47, fffff88008eea5e0, 0}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!SwapContext_PatchXSave+a7 )

Code:
Usual causes: System service, Device driver, graphics driver, memory
Update:

Code:
1: kd> lmvm atikmdag
start end module name
fffff880`04832000 fffff880`05298000 atikmdag T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: atikmdag.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\atikmdag.sys
Image name: atikmdag.sys
Timestamp: Thu Nov 10 02:52:46 2011 (4EBB3C7E)
CheckSum: 00A1B01E
ImageSize: 00A66000
Translations: 0000.04b0 0000.04e4 0409.04b0 0409.04e4
Your graphics card driver seems to be possible cause, and rather outdated, please update here - AMD Graphics Drivers & Software

Quote:
WHQL
Release Date: April 24th 2013
Version: 13.4
In Device Manager: 12.104

Remove:

Code:
Start Menu\Programs\Alcohol 120%
Start Menu\Programs\DAEMON Tools Lite

Quote: Originally Posted by Arc

Download SPTD standalone installer from Disk-Tools.com, and execute the downloaded file as guided below : Double click to open it.
Click this button only:

If it is grayed out, as in the picture, there is no more SPTD in your system, and you just close the window.

Daemon Tools and Alcohol 120% both use a driver called sptd.sys, which is known to cause BSODs with Windows 7. It is recommend you remove these programs, and use Windows own in-built features or ImgBurn.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/298176-bsod-ntoskrnl-exe-after-boot-idle-playing-browser-flash-games.html
Relevancy 110.51%

I keep getting BSODs when I play games for a short while At first I thought when BSOD says ntoskrnl.exe games. BSOD BlueScreenView caused playing it was a bad installation of Windows BSOD when playing games. BlueScreenView says ntoskrnl.exe caused BSOD so I did a clean format full of my SSD and a clean install of Windows Ultimate x Installation failed quite a few times before finally succeeding Tried another copy of Windows same install failures I finally finished reinstalling Windows on my PC I suspected the RAM to be at fault so I ran MemTest and found a ton of errors Upon closer inspection of the BIOS settings I found that my board was clocking my ram in Auto mode at mhz instead of the factory mhz Corsair Vengeance LP DDR CAS on Asus Sabertooth Z I updated my BIOS to the latest as of this posting and I still have to manually set the memory frequencies for it to run at mhz Everything seemed fine for a few hours running prime I supposed my PC was fine now after that clean install of Windows but a few minutes into playing Battlefield I BSOD I am no pro at reading dump files and I was hoping someone could help me isolate the sources of my BSODs I've attached the minidump files for each BSOD below Thanks

A:BSOD when playing games. BlueScreenView says ntoskrnl.exe caused BSOD

My system specs are:

Intel Core i7-3770
Asus Sabertooth Z77
Corsair Vengeance Low Profile DDR3 @1600mhz CAS9
Kingston HyperX 3k 120GB SSD (boot, Battlefield 3, Microsoft Office)
Asus DirectCUII GTX 670
Thermaltake Toughpower 1200 watt
Razer Blackwidow Ultimate
Cyborg RAT7 Mouse

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/240280-bsod-when-playing-games-bluescreenview-says-ntoskrnl-exe-caused-bsod.html
Relevancy 101.48%

I've looked at the other threads concerning this driver and tried multiple troubleshooting methods No help so far This error occurs intermittently usually about once an hour and mainly when I'm playing a game I have had a follow-up BSOD shortly after logging in after the initial one and once when watching a video Here's a few steps I already took in trying when games playing caused BSOD "ntoskrnl.exe", by mainly to solve BSOD caused by "ntoskrnl.exe", mainly when playing games the issue memtest with passes and no fails updated the firmware on my SSDs Reinstalled the current AMD driver times Used driver verifier System restore Startup repair Driver verifier caused a blue screen when checking ntoskrnl exe and I had to go into Safe Mode to deactivate it The Startup Repair identifies a problem but says it cannot automatically fix it Restoring to an earlier point doesn't help either all the restore points were too recent The rest haven't had any affect Like I said I've checked every forum on a Google search and none of the troubleshooting tips have solved this I've tried everything I can think of and I just can't figure this one out so I'm asking the advice of people who probably know a lot more than me Thanks in advance for any advice

A:BSOD caused by "ntoskrnl.exe", mainly when playing games

Memtest should be run for a minimum of seven passes. It's easier to let it run over night. Three passes will generally not reveal questionable memory areas.

In any case, check to see if there's an update for your "Extensible Wireless LAN device driver from Atheros Communications, Inc.". Specifically, athrx.sys. You will need to know the adapter model to get the correct drivers.

Also, when was the last time you did some "dusting"? There's a few thermal events logged along with your BSODs that indicate your system may be overheating. Check to be sure your CPU cooler and fans are clean. It only takes a small amount of dust build up to reduce fan output by more than half.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/332989-bsod-caused-ntoskrnl-exe-mainly-when-playing-games.html
Relevancy 97.61%

Since about mid January now whenever I play games like osu WoW RO by BSODs Multiple caused ntoskrnl.exe playing when (apparently) games or PSO my laptop will cause a blue screen at a pretty much random time It can work for hours or it can BSOD within moments of opening a game Making it annoying to recreate I tried almost everything the internet suggested before finally deciding to do a factory reset which to my dismay still did not solve the problem It has even had the BSOD during Firefox sessions before where not a lot was happening Although that was Multiple BSODs caused by ntoskrnl.exe (apparently) when playing games before the reset and hasn't happened since So my final Multiple BSODs caused by ntoskrnl.exe (apparently) when playing games hope is asking here it seems I will try everything that is suggested even if I already have tried Multiple BSODs caused by ntoskrnl.exe (apparently) when playing games it previously The info made with that program zipped with my username https drive google com file d B l it usp sharing I got BSODs since but the most recent one was caused by HTTP sys which I've never seen before Thanks for any help in advance

A:Multiple BSODs caused by ntoskrnl.exe (apparently) when playing games

Hi LewiiG.

Post it following the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/321102-multiple-bsods-caused-ntoskrnl-exe-apparently-when-playing-games.html
Relevancy 93.74%

Hello all, I would be very grateful for any pointers on this problem.

I've had an increasing number of bluescreens over the last couple of weeks which led me to download BlueScreenView to see if it offered any insight. Things I have tried so far:

Initially thinking it was a graphics card driver problem, various clean installs of newer and older versions.
Windows disc check
Windows memory test
11 passes of memtest86
But really I'm just flailing about at this point and don't have a clear idea what to try next. I have attached the files collected with the SF diagnostic tool.

Many thanks in advance.

A:ntoskrnl.exe BSOD mostly playing GW2 but also when idle

Code:
BugCheck 1E, {0, 0, 0, 0}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for cmudaxp.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for cmudaxp.sys

Probably caused by : cmudaxp.sys ( cmudaxp+72f64 )

Code:
0: kd> lmvm cmudaxp
start end module name
fffff880`0320b000 fffff880`033cd000 cmudaxp T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: cmudaxp.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\drivers\cmudaxp.sys
Image name: cmudaxp.sys
Timestamp: Fri Jul 23 10:55:38 2010 (4C49671A)
CheckSum: 00137D2B
ImageSize: 001C2000
The above driver belongs to several different possible devices, please update the driver to corresponding device:C-Media Audio Interface Driver (WDM) by C-Media - C-Media Electronics, Inc.
ASUS Xonar DG Audio Interface - ASUSTeK Computer Inc. -Support- Drivers and Download
HTO CLARO Audio Interface Driver - HT Omega - Driver Downloads

Code:
0: kd> lmvm nvlddmkm
start end module name
fffff880`04ed8000 fffff880`05983000 nvlddmkm T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: nvlddmkm.sys
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\nvlddmkm.sys
Image name: nvlddmkm.sys
Timestamp: Fri Mar 15 01:37:00 2013 (51427B3C)
CheckSum: 00A8D47C
ImageSize: 00AAB000

Quote:
Version: 314.22
Release Date for Desktops and Notebooks : March 25th 2013
In Device Manager: 9.18.13.1422

This is the latest WHQL driver for your graphics card, please check within your Device Manager, if you have the latest version since the dump files can display the wrong dates sometimes.Download Driver
Start Type: Device Manager
Expand Display Adapters
Right-Click Driver Name, Uninstall
Reboot
Run Driver Sweeper
Reboot
Install Downloaded Driver
Driver Sweeper will scan for any left over files from the old driver, old driver files can cause conflicts with new driver installations. Create a System Restore point beforehand, in case any problems or issues arise.

Driver Sweeper:Drivers - Clean Left over Files after Uninstalling
Have you installed all the latest Windows Updates?Start
Type: Windows Update
Check for Updates/Install Updates
Reboot (if prompted)

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/290260-ntoskrnl-exe-bsod-mostly-playing-gw2-but-also-when-idle.html
Relevancy 92.45%

Hello guys im having some crashes with my computer -windows x -retail -os age is r months -hardware age is or months OS Windows Ultimate bit CPU Intel R Core TM i - K CPU GHZ Motherboard Asus Sabertooth p Memory GeIL GB DDR - Quad-Kit Graphics Card s ASUS ENGTX Sound Card onboard Monitor s Displays asus Screen Resolution N A Hard Drives Intel SSD gb While or ntoskrnl.exe+7cd40 Idle BSOD playing, wd gb PSU Cooler Master GX ive already ran memtest for hours which gave no errors so dont think its a hardware problem And also ran the driver BSOD While Idle or playing, ntoskrnl.exe+7cd40 verifier with caused the last - BSOD but i cant seem to understand what is causing it to blue screen Also i am running Eset smart security dont know if thats a problem or not and will attach the Dump files below i hope you guys can help me Oh and i also forgot to mention that i ran a sfc scannow on my pc and all files are OK My pc is in dutch sorry for that

A:BSOD While Idle or playing, ntoskrnl.exe+7cd40

Problem Devices:
Code:
WD SES Device USB Device USBSTOR \ OTHER & VEN_WD & PROD_SES_DEVICE & REV_2018 \ 574341563537373538373839 & 2 The drivers for this device are not installed.

Security Software (just to check that you have it and it is working properly; nothing needs to be done at this time):
Code:
egui.exe c:\program files\eset\eset smart security\egui.exe 1840 8 200 1380 4-4-2012 20:18 5.0.94.0 3,85 MB (4.035.152 bytes) 22-9-2011 13:03
ekrn.exe c:\program files\eset\eset smart security\x86\ekrn.exe 1936 8 200 1380 4-4-2012 20:18 5.0.94.0 952,09 kB (974.944 bytes) 22-9-2011 13:03

Code:
Loading Dump File [D:\Kingston\BSODDmpFiles\Woopiej\Windows_NT6_BSOD_jcgriff2\040412-13696-01.dmp]
Mini Kernel Dump File: Only registers and stack trace are available

Symbol search path is: SRV*C:\SymCache*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Executable search path is:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7601 (Service Pack 1) MP (8 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS
Built by: 7601.17727.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.111118-2330
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`0300c000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`03250650
Debug session time: Wed Apr 4 11:48:12.335 2012 (UTC - 6:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:00:16.288
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Loading unloaded module list
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Use !analyze -v to get detailed debugging information.

BugCheck A, {0, 2, 0, fffff8000309dc35}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!KiPageFault+260 )

Followup: MachineOwner
---------

2: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (a)
An attempt was made to access a pageable (or completely invalid) address at an
interrupt request level (IRQL) that is too high. This is usually
caused by drivers using improper addresses.
If a kernel debugger is available get the stack backtrace.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000000, memory referenced
Arg2: 0000000000000002, IRQL
Arg3: 0000000000000000, bitfield :
bit 0 : value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation
bit 3 : value 0 = not an execute operation, 1 = execute operation (only on chips which support this level of status)
Arg4: fffff8000309dc35, address which referenced memory

Debugging Details:
------------------
READ_ADDRESS: GetPointerFromAddress: unable to read from fffff800032ba100

CURRENT_IRQL: 2

FAULTING_IP:
nt!IopCompleteRequest+ae5
fffff800`0309dc35 488b09 mov rcx,qword ptr [rcx]

CUSTOMER_CRASH_COUNT: 1

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VERIFIER_ENABLED_VISTA_MINIDUMP

BUGCHECK_STR: 0xA

PROCESS_NAME: AppleMobileDev

IRP_ADDRESS: ffffffffffffff89

TRAP_FRAME: fffff880067ab070 -- (.trap 0xfffff880067ab070)
NOTE: The trap frame does not contain all registers.
Some register values may be zeroed or incorrect.
rax=0000000000000001 rbx=0000000000000000 rcx=fffffa800dc15008
rdx=ffffff000226cff8 rsi=0000000000000000 rdi=0000000000000000
rip=fffff8000307f8e0 rsp=fffff880067ab208 rbp=fffffa800dc26590
r8=0000000000001000 r9=0000000000000080 r10=fffffa80082c4370
r11=fffffa800dc14008 r12=0000000... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/222817-bsod-while-idle-playing-ntoskrnl-exe-7cd40.html
Relevancy 91.59%

Keep getting these BSOD when playing COD MW3. Have run memtest86+4.2 and tests passed. Here is my SF Diagnostics report. Would appreciate your help solving this problem

A:BSOD playing COD MW3 error caused by ntoskrnl.exe+7f1c0

Welcome

Most of your dumps show memory as the issue.

Lets start with problematic software:

Code:
Start Menu\Programs\DAEMON Tools Pro Public:Start Menu\Programs\DAEMON Tools Pro Public
Start Menu\Programs\BitDefender 2011 Public:Start Menu\Programs\BitDefender 2011 Public
Start Menu\Programs\Autodesk Public:Start Menu\Programs\Autodesk Public
Daemon tools is a known cause of blue screens. If you search this forum, you will find a lot of threads about it.
Please uninstall BitDefender and Autodesk while we are troubleshooting with your computer.

MSE is recommended by almost all members on our forum and known to be the most compatible antivirus with windows 7.

Run the system file checker 3 times as mentioned in the tutorial below:
SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

To make sure that hard drive is good run disk check following this tutorial:
Disk Check

Hard drive scan usings SeaTools:
SeaTools | Seagate both long and short tests.

You need to run memtest for 8 passes on each stick preferably overnight.
Guide to using Memtest86+ - Geeks to Go Forums

Let us know your results

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/253293-bsod-playing-cod-mw3-error-caused-ntoskrnl-exe-7f1c0.html
Relevancy 91.59%

Hello Bleepingcomputers,

my username is FallenMonk and i would like you to help me,

because this is my first post in this forum i would like to apologize if this post has not enough

information about my problem and i would like to apologize for my bad english!

so the BSOD happens like that:

1.Start skyrim
2.Play for 1 hour roughly
3.Blackscreen while Computer is loudly working
4.Restart Computer
5.Repeat :X

I dont know what is causing this and i would like you to explain to me how i can help you 

help me solve this problem quickly 

i appreciate future help.

Sincerely your FallenMonk.

A:BSOD while playing skyrim caused by ntoskrnl.exe+4adb3c

Please download MiniToolBox , save it to your desktop and run it.
Checkmark the following checkboxes:
List last 10 Event Viewer log
List Installed Programs
List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
Click Go and paste the content into your next post.
Also...please Publish a Snapshot using Speccy - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/topic323892.html/page__p__1797792#entry1797792 , taking care to post the link of the snapshot in your next post.
Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/540534/bsod-while-playing-skyrim-caused-by-ntoskrnlexe4adb3c/
Relevancy 91.59%

Long story short i got a new video card to play games at decent FPS and did some changes graphic card drivers BIOS Had some other BSOD because atikmdag sys but i BSOD playing caused Diablo3/LoL, by ntoskrnl.exe+735c0 think i nailed it BSOD playing Diablo3/LoL, caused by ntoskrnl.exe+735c0 expand thing in cmd My FPS was low in Diablo cause i had a DDR graphic card and i bought a new one FPS was good but not that good especially in groups with Vsync on i was dropping from FPS to - FPS and that was frustrating no way this video card can't handle this game it's a R gb So i looked for solutions to improve FPS first thing drivers i had the latest driver not beta but there was beta version so i installed it after some hours while i was playing i got the first BSOD i don't remember the cause was it atkmdag or ntoskrnl not sure so i uninstalled the beta driver and got back the latest driver The FPS test with beta driver had same results no improvement Next thing i was looking for BIOS updates my conclusion that is not worth only update from F to F description of the update Support Realtek LAN F again not worth i never did a BIOS update so it was too risky and no quot reward quot Next quot solution quot some quot tweaks quot in BIOS for RAM The latency timings were - - - and i changed it to - - - and also the voltage as close as i could to volts as recomanded and also the frequency frequency with multiplier of so now my ram was working from to Mhz and had more voltage I start Diablo joined a group play for like an hour and it was a great improvement with Vsync on the fps was locked at rarely and with alot of spamming and stuff it was droping at maybe so i congratulated myself but the happiness did not last long i had some BSOD i think the atikmdag one was solved but im not sure gonna look for some more BSOD and see if i still get it The ntoskrnl exe BSOD is the problem now and i don't know how to fix it Sorry for the long description maybe it is helpfull Thank you

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/381475-bsod-playing-diablo3-lol-caused-ntoskrnl-exe-735c0.html
Relevancy 91.59%

Hi, please help me. I gotta 2x BDOS yesterday, when im playin :S dont know whats up.
WinDbg shows probably caused by : ntoskrnl.exe

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/382898-bsod-playing-league-legends-probably-caused-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 90.3%

I've been struggling with this issue for months now and can't seem to troubleshoot it so here I am.

I've attached the DM Log Collector file below.

I've tried the following on my own:

Removed and reinstalled Geforce Drivers as well as tried different versions.
Checked my memory with Memtest 86+ twice
Run Diagnostics on my hard drive
Performed a clean install of Windows 7

Any help would be appreciated.

A:BSOD playing RIFT, error 0x0000001a Caused by ntoskrnl.exe

Unfortunately, the .dmp file is inconclusive. How many passes of MemTest86+ did you run?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/355131-bsod-playing-rift-error-0x0000001a-caused-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 88.58%

Hello everyone I have been getting BSOD errors for about a month now I am at wits end with this machine and am suspecting games. idle BSOD while playing and that the motherboard or processors are failing My problem started about a month ago when after I installed an adobe flash update whether the problem was caused BSOD while idle and playing games. directly by this update I don't know I experienced the first BSOD after I installed the update The screen would freeze and a sound sample would repeat At the time I was using Winxp Pro SP I also had Win and ubuntu installed Windows XP would just BSOD after loging in Windows would freeze at the log in screen and ubuntu would not start at all BSOD while idle and playing games. I replaced my video card and installed an older one and stability seemed to be restored to the my system I decided to completely migrate to Windows so I backed up my documents and deleted all of the OS' BSOD while idle and playing games. from my systems and installed Windows Pro bit But the problems still persisted I get the BSOD mostly when I play video games Heroes of Newerth in particular when my system idles and when I do simple tasks like browsing the internet The amount of time that elapses before I BSOD varies I thought it was an issue with my on-board sound and so I bought a new sound card but the problems still persists I have updated the BIOS installed all the latest drivers my memory passes memtest and I have checked my hard drives for errors with the windows utilities I am at a loss at to what is causing the problem Any help would be greatly appreciated I have - ASUS P N E SLI - Intel E Core Duo Processor Ghz - Corsair CM X - DDR GB x GB Memory at Mhz Dual Channel I am aware of the Gb the limitations of a bit system - XFX Nvidia GT Mb PCI-E The card I had was an ASUS ENGTS MB now RMA after my initial computer troubles - ASUS Xonar DG PCI sound card - HDD are IDE master-slave each GB one SATA at GB - Cooler Master GX W PSU

A:BSOD while idle and playing games.

Alas,
Looking through the invoices of my parts I noticed that the memory sticks I have are not as identical as I thought.
They are the same brand, same and same speed, however they have different latency and voltage operations. Their names vary slightly too.
I initially purchased the CM2x1024-6400C4, these two memory modules operate under 2.10V and have a CAS latency of 4-4-4-12.

Two years later I purchased CM2X1024-6400, these modules operate at 1.90V and have a CAS latency of 5-5-5-18.
This could be the problem to my system being unstable.
Now here is where the dilemma arises: As of now I have my motherboard to automatically control the latency and voltages of everything on my computer, I have never overclocked or messed with the latencies or voltages... If I lower the voltage of the old sticks then they would not operate with the same speed ... and if I increase the voltages of the new sticks, would they operate on the same speed? Keep in mind that I thought I had them on dual channel mode and each stick pair was in their designated memory channel.

Any thoughts or suggestions?
Your help would greatly be appreciated.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/170899-bsod-while-idle-playing-games.html
Relevancy 88.58%

I've been trying to fix this blue screen forever I normally get it while playing games and rarely get it while browsing the web sitting in idle etc etc. I have a new install of Windows 7 Ultimate installed it about 2 days ago.

Mainboard Gigabyte GA-880GA-UD3H

CPU AMD Phenom II X6 1090T

Ram 16GB

VGA ATI Radeon HD 5700 hooked up through HDMI to my TV

A:BSOD while playing games/sometimes in idle.

So far from what I am reading it looks like you haven't done any security updates, or windows updates at all.

Please do your windows updates.

Also uninstall and remove from the computer the Xbox 360 Controller.

Afterwards please post back results.

Thanks,
Gamer

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/241412-bsod-while-playing-games-sometimes-idle.html
Relevancy 88.58%

Hey guys, im suffering from random BSOD?s while playing games (in general).
When the blue screens pops up, it shows a nvlddmkm.sys code 0117,but when viewing it from
BlueScreenView, it shows that the error is caused by afd.sys. I dont know what to do, as I reinstalled both of the graphics controller (integrated and dedicated) and the motherboard controller, and I keep getting them.
Hope you can help with

A:BSOD while playing games, caused by afd.sys

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *
BugCheck 117, {fffffa800947a2d0, fffff88007364978, 0, 0}
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
Probably caused by : nvlddmkm.sys ( nvlddmkm+13e978 )
---------
The dump blames nvlddmkm.sys, If you are on the most recent driver try rolling back to a previous one.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/369599-bsod-while-playing-games-caused-afd-sys.html
Relevancy 87.72%

I have a fairly new bought Custom Build about - months old and it has always caused a BSOD if I leave the computer doing nothing for too long I know this is not a temperature issue as I can leave it playing music or watching something and it's fine and temperatures never exceed - degree celcius Over the past month however I have been having trouble playing all witcher games and sometimes games such as Dark Souls and Verdun where the computer will at random times cause a Blue screen and may not even leave a minidump with information of what has gone wrong however the most common error has been a VIDEO TDR ERROR caused by the Nvidia driver named nvlddmkm sys I have always kept drivers up to date and have tried many different ideas in order to fix this error including making a nvlddmkm sys old file and using CMD to recreate it I have done full scans and have found no viruses within the desktop and have no other faults other than trying to play games on a gaming desktop I have run the dm log collector and left the file attatched so that it can be looked at and will also leave a link to the spec and website where the desktop was bought from I know the BIOS has not been setup up fully for this build and has been left for default however I know near to nothing on how to configure this and was not sure on the consequences of this Thank you for anyone who has the time for this Intel Core I tb SSD gb Mhz GTX gb Kryptonite Windows PC

A:BSOD when being idle too long or playing certain games

The zip you uploaded does not contain any crash dump.

Follow it: Dump Files - Configure Windows to Create on BSOD
Go to Option Two, Point 2. Download the .reg file and merge it in registry by double clicking it.

Now wait for another BSOD. When it occurred, search the .dmp files manually in the default path: C:\Windows\Minidump or %SystemRoot%\Minidump. See if the crash dump is recorded or not (hopefully it will be recorded).Post it following the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions.

Dont run any disc cleanup tool before you upload another zip.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/371935-bsod-when-being-idle-too-long-playing-certain-games.html
Relevancy 87.72%

Hey, its a great gaming rig, but just recently started getting these BSOD. While playing Stronghold 3, I've been getting them none stop making it impossible to play, as well as with many other games. Tried reinstalling drivers but not sure exactly which ones are causing the problem, if it even is drivers. Here's some info from the files:

Here are reports from BLUESCREEVIEW:

021812-28563-01.dmp 2/18/2012 9:19:22 PM 0x00000116 fffffa80`05db2010 fffff880`10cf7ae4 ffffffff`c000009a 00000000`00000004 dxgkrnl.sys dxgkrnl.sys+5d000 x64 ntoskrnl.exe+705c0 C:\Windows\Minidump\021812-28563-01.dmp 8 15 7600 928,992

021812-50419-01.dmp 2/18/2012 9:05:44 PM 0x00000116 fffffa80`065ad010 fffff880`10d0cae4 ffffffff`c000009a 00000000`00000004 dxgkrnl.sys dxgkrnl.sys+5d000 x64 ntoskrnl.exe+705c0 C:\Windows\Minidump\021812-50419-01.dmp 8 15 7600 456,368

021812-28548-01.dmp 2/18/2012 7:30:08 PM 0x00000116 fffffa80`0622f010 fffff880`10c91ae4 ffffffff`c000009a 00000000`00000004 dxgkrnl.sys dxgkrnl.sys+5d000 x64 ntoskrnl.exe+705c0 C:\Windows\Minidump\021812-28548-01.dmp 8 15 7600 487,712

etc etc. Anyone can shine some light on this I'd greatly appreciate.

A:BSOD randomly, sometimes while playing games, sometimes just idle.

Windows 7 64 bit, system is fairly new under 1 year old, all high level pc parts. There's no overheating problems, or airflow etc problems, sometimes this happens even while idling at 20c temperatures. Could be drivers issues? I got no idea which ones if so :/

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/214984-bsod-randomly-sometimes-while-playing-games-sometimes-just-idle.html
Relevancy 87.72%

hello all, I'm here because I've tried everything I could think of to solve this problem.
usually when playing games or just when i'm browsing the internet my PC wil BSOD and restart.
below I've attached the 'Windows_NT6_BSOD_jcgriff2" folder with all dumpfiles I found (1 from today)
and the testresults. and i've attached the Dxdiag file.

my system specs are:

CPU: AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 955 Processor (4 CPUs), ~3.2GHz
Ram: 4096MB DDR3 1033Mhz
GPU: Sapphire ATI Radeon HD 5770 1GB (Catalyst 12.3)
Display: LG M2094D-PZ (1680 x 1050)
Motherboard: ASRock 890GX Extreme3
PSU: Recom 450W
HDD:
1) WDC WD800JD-22MSA1 ATA 80GB (for OS)
2) WDC WD10EARS-22Y5B1 ATA 1TB

and I'm running Norton360 V5.2.0.13

hope someone has a fix for these BSOD's

A:random BSOD's while playing games or just idle.

Your crash causes are all over the map, but the majority of them point to memory.

These crashes were caused by memory corruption/exception (probably a driver).
Please run these two tests to verify your memory and find which driver is causing the problem.

* If you are overclocking anything reset to default before running these tests.
In other words STOP!!!

* If you have raid update its Driver.

Memtest.

Quote:
*Download a copy of Memtest86 and burn the ISO to a CD using Iso Recorder or another ISO burning program. Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

*Boot from the CD, and leave it running for at least 5 or 6 passes.

Just remember, any time Memtest reports errors, it can be either bad RAM or a bad motherboard slot.

Test the sticks individually, and if you find a good one, test it in all slots.

Any errors are indicative of a memory problem.

If a known good stick fails in a motherboard slot it is probably the slot.

RAM - Test with Memtest86+

Driver verifier

Quote:
Using Driver Verifier is an iffy proposition. Most times it'll crash and it'll tell you what the driver is. But sometimes it'll crash and won't tell you the driver. Other times it'll crash before you can log in to Windows. If you can't get to Safe Mode, then you'll have to resort to offline editing of the registry to disable Driver Verifier.

So, I'd suggest that you first backup your stuff and then make sure you've got access to another computer so you can contact us if problems arise. Then make a System Restore point (so you can restore the system using the Vista/Win7 Startup Repair feature).

Then, here's the procedure:
- Go to Start and type in "verifier" (without the quotes) and press Enter
- Select "Create custom settings (for code developers)" and click "Next"
- Select "Select individual settings from a full list" and click "Next"
- Select everything EXCEPT FOR "Special Pool", "Force Pending I/O Requests" and "Low Resource Simulation" and click "Next"
- Select "Select driver names from a list" and click "Next"
Then select all drivers NOT provided by Microsoft and click "Next"
- Select "Finish" on the next page.

Reboot the system and wait for it to crash to the Blue Screen.
Continue to use your system normally, and if you know what causes the crash, do that repeatedly.
The objective here is to get the system to crash because Driver Verifier is stressing the drivers out.
If it doesn't crash for you, then let it run for at least 36 hours of continuous operation.

Reboot into Windows (after the crash) and turn off Driver Verifier by going back in and selecting "Delete existing settings" on the first page, then locate and zip up the memory dump file and upload it with your next post.

If you can't get into Windows because it crashes too soon, try it in Safe Mode.
If you can't get into Safe Mode, try using System Restore from your installation DVD to set the system back to the previous restore point that you created.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/218988-random-bsods-while-playing-games-just-idle.html
Relevancy 87.72%

Hello, my PC is having frequent BSOD episodes, first time when I was playing a game, and the last time when the computer was just idling. I am attaching the diagnosis zip. Thanks in advance.

A:BSOD when playing DOSBox games, or when idle

Test your RAM modules for possible errors.
How to Test and Diagnose RAM Issues with Memtest86+
Run memtest for at least 8 passes, preferably overnight.

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 1A, {8887, fffffa800035f400, fffffa80002cbe00, 604}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for nvlddmkm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for nvlddmkm.sys
Probably caused by : hardware_ram ( ZEROED_PAGE_CORRUPTED )

---------

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/305949-bsod-when-playing-dosbox-games-when-idle.html
Relevancy 86.86%

Hi since last month my computer started to crash in different situations Sometimes it crashes while playing games Assassins Creed Unity GTA V and today The Witcher in this case occurs both bsod or game force closes sometimes it crashes while i browse in Google Chrome again bsod and chrome Aw snap and even in idle while playing games, BSOD randomly browsing or even idle it crashes i found out because i left on steam and when i came back it had reseted My PC Mobo Gigabyte -xa-ud FX ZOTAC GTX X GB AMD PERFOMANCE EDITION DDR MHZ KINGSTOM SSD SEAGATE HDD OCZ FATAL TY W The last hardware change i did was the gtx three months ago but it was ok for more than a month I can't remember any obvious reason for the problems start I did a clean install of windows but the problem persisted I checked all my drivers and updated my mobo bios Anyway here are the dumps i hope someone can help me Thanks in advance and sorry for my english

A:BSOD randomly while playing games, browsing or even idle

Hello, ecvpaulo and welcome to the Forums. I looked at the last few dump files and 3 out of the last 5 said this

Code:

BugCheck A, {48, 2, 1, fffff80002a712d9}
Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiRestoreTransitionPte+109 )
Please Run Memtest86+

Information
Please download from this site only http://www.memtest.org/ in the middle of the page are the Download links, you can download the ISO.zip or the Auto USB Flash Drive installer.zip

Extract the Zip file. If you chose the ISO image, burn it to a CD using Windows Disk Image Burner or any Image burner you may have. If you downloaded the Auto USB installer, extract it, insert your USB 2.0 Flash Drive and take note of the drive letter. Run the installer, select the Flash Drive Letter, check the format box and press next. It will install memtest86+ to a flash drive. You can use either V4.20 or V5.01. Boot from your selected media. If you use V5.01 it will tell you to press certain buttons at the start, please press no buttons. The test will begin on it's own and continue to run until you stop it. It needs to run for 8 complete passes in the same session or until you receive an error. If you receive an error, stop the test. Even 1 error is a fail. Each pass tests a different part of the ram and each of the 10 tests in each pass tests something different. It takes a minimum of 8 passes run in the same session to completely test the ram, more passes are better. It is quite a long test and will take several hours depending on how much ram you have. Due to the time length it is best to run overnight. If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/370316-bsod-randomly-while-playing-games-browsing-even-idle.html
Relevancy 86.86%

Keep having reoccurring BSOD, different errors every time and it happens completely at random, sometimes even when I am doing absolutely nothing, like last 2 days I have been trying to install Guild Wars 2, and it begins downloading and I have nothing else running except chrome, and then I get hit with BSOD

A:BSOD playing games, watching movies, or even idle

Why is there only 1 dump file?
Please stop using any program that removes dump files or configure them to not delete dump files.

I see you have KMSpico, is it used for Windows?

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/70769-bsod-playing-games-watching-movies-even-idle.html
Relevancy 86.86%

heres some mini dump files, i dont know how this works exactly, but ive gotten diffrent codes so far one was bccode d1 and there was another one also, and i have like 4 minidump files here i get different errors, hope u can help this really irritating.

but yeah sometimes ill be playing games like mw3 and skyrim and screen will go black and kinda checkerd looking then the sound will freeze and then i have to manually restart computer because screen goes black, and then sometimes it crashes to blue screen, plz help guys ive tried all the updates to my drivers,

i have even reformatted comp and started from scratch but the problem persist

Last BSOD i got said driver irq less to or equal or something like that.

so heres the minidump files

A:BSOD on random, playing games and computer idle

Hi.

Update software\driver for your Atheros Wireless LAN USB device driver.

Uninstall it and download\install the most recent software\driver.
Update Ortek USB Keypad Driver by Waytech Development (may be a part of Razer Tarantula drivers also)

http://www.ortek.com/download.asp?chk=5
http://www.razersupport.com/index.ph...nloads&_a=view

Update Western Digital SCSI Arcitecture Model (SAM) WDM driver

http://support.wdc.com/product/download.asp

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/198502-bsod-random-playing-games-computer-idle.html
Relevancy 86.86%

I was blue screening at random intervals a few months ago, I tried reinstalling windows and got peace for a few months, but then it started again randomly. For the past week or so I've been getting blue screens again for seemingly no reason, its happened while idle, playing a game, nothing open and in locked mode, etc. Originally I thought it was my SSD, but I don't know anymore. I'm aware memtest isn't capable of 100% ruling out RAM, but when I last ran it I had 10 passes without any issue.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/396144-bsod-while-idle-playing-games-error-0x0000007a.html
Relevancy 86.86%

Hello all First of all i must apologize if my english is not so good my problem started few weaks ago when i did Turn On my computer and recieved a message to repair my Windows i didn't was able to do anithing i did try to repair it but didn't let me to do it so then i chosed to re-install windows i re-installed windows and after that it did start to send me blue screens first games BSOD / / Surfing Internet Idle on playing - times i ignored that but now i get the Blue BSOD Surfing on Internet / Idle / playing games Screen Freeze - times per day when the freeze happens i hear in the speakers a strange sound like a constant beep and after it might resume and work normaly or the only options left is to restart the PC when i play games surfing on the internet or don't do anithing at all i get a blue screen and some dump file and xml i did reinstall windows times till now and still get the same problems hope i didn't miss anithing about the problem here is the files

A:BSOD Surfing on Internet / Idle / playing games

Welcome to SF unuBeat , please follow the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions.

The bug check uploaded is a 0x124 which is hardware issues, the only one uploaded
show a generic BUS error which could be anything that the CPU is communicating with (on less common
occasions the CPU itself is the problem, although pretty rare it happens).

Code:
Error Type : BUS error
Operation : Generic

===============================================================================
Section 2 : x86/x64 MCA
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Descriptor @ fffffa8007c22138
Section @ fffffa8007c222c0
Offset : 664
Length : 264
Flags : 0x00000000
Severity : Fatal

Error : BUSL0_SRC_ERR_M_NOTIMEOUT_ERR (Proc 0 Bank 0)
Please follow the link above and provide us with more information.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/314147-bsod-surfing-internet-idle-playing-games.html
Relevancy 86.86%

Hi guys I badly need your hours. is computer No BSOD playing games when idle. for when BSOD help I started BSOD when computer is idle. No BSOD when playing games for hours. getting BSOD two weeks ago As far as I can remember the first time I had a BSOD was on the day I installed Max Payne BSOD when computer is idle. No BSOD when playing games for hours. I read somewhere that the some guy had also this problem when he installed max payne There were two occasions that I got a BSOD upon starting Max Payne But lately I'm getting BSOD when doing low-load stuffs like browsing with no other apps opened I've already done memtest with passes with no errors I'm hours prime stable I just don't get it I've manually set my timings for my ram I'm not doing any overclock Everything is on stock settings Can someone please take a look on my attachment Any help will be gladly appreciated Thank you so much Oh btw here's my system specs Win bit I - k at stock Maximus IV Extreme G Skill gb OCZ gb SSD Kingwin Lazer w psu GTX at stock

A:BSOD when computer is idle. No BSOD when playing games for hours.

@writhziden can you please help me?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/238361-bsod-when-computer-idle-no-bsod-when-playing-games-hours.html
Relevancy 86.86%

I've been getting random BSODs during gameplay, only once a day and fine afterwards. atikmdag.sys always seems to be a cause. I'm not sure what other information is needed. I've attached the logs collected with the dump collector. I appreciate any help, just let me know if more info is needed.

A:BSOD playing various games, Caused by atikmdag.sys+26c6e

There are enough signs here that I have to wonder about this installation. Should this be a pirated copy of Windows, please be aware that we may not be able to fix it (as the hacks that were done to activate it will cause the OS to behave differently than we expect it to). If that's the case, our efforts to help may just waste your time. Secondly, the forum rules prohibit assisting with pirated software - so the topic would be closed if that is the case.

Please provide the MGADiag report according to these instructions (from this post: Product Key Number - Uninstall and Deactivate in Windows - Page 3 - Windows 7 Help Forums ):

To properly analyse and solve problems with Activation and Validation, we need to see a full copy of the report produced by the MGADiag tool (download and save to desktop - http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=52012 )
Once saved, run the tool.
Click on the Continue button, which will produce the report.
To copy the report to your response, click on the Copy button in the tool (ignore any error messages at this point), and then paste (using either r-click/Paste, or Ctrl+V ) into your response.

Only 56 Windows Updates installed. Most systems have 70 to 90 or more. Please visit Windows Update and get ALL available updates (it may take several trips to get them all).

Don't worry about the specific number, it's just important that you have checked and installed any updates that were available (and didn't experience any errors).

MSI Afterburner and Riva Tuner(along with EVGA Precision) are known to cause BSOD's in some Windows systems (it's driver is usually RTCore64.sys). Please un-install them immediately!

If you're overclocking, please stop the overclock while we're troubleshooting. Feel free to resume the overclock once the system has been stabilized.

AMD OverDrive (AODDriver2.sys) is either a stand-alone application, or a component of the AMD VISION Engine Control Center. This driver is known to cause BSOD's on some Windows systems.

NOTE: these symptoms were from the previous release of OverDrive. The new release uses the same driver name, but is dated from 4 November 2013.

Please un-install all AMD/ATI video stuff from Control Panel...Programs...Un-install a program
Then, download (but DO NOT install) a fresh copy of the ATI drivers from Global Provider of Innovative Graphics, Processors and Media Solutions | AMD (in the upper right corner of the page)
Use this procedure to install the DRIVER ONLY: ATI video cards - DRIVER ONLY installation procedure - Sysnative Forums

If the device (AODDriver or AODDriver4.01) remains a problem, open Device Manager, select the "View" item.
Then select "Show hidden devices" and scroll down to the Non-Plug and Play Drivers section.
Locate the AODDriver entry, right click on it and select "Un-install". Reboot for changes to take affect.

Sometimes the driver remains and continues to cause BSOD's. If this is the case for you, post back and we'll give further instructions for safely removing it.

If overclocking, please stop. Remove the overclock and return the system to stock/standard values while we're troubleshooting. Once the system is stable again, feel free to resume the overclocking.

In line with the above comments about AMD OverDrive, be sure that your AMD video drivers are updated to the latest, Win8.1 compatible version.

Please update these older drivers. Links are included to assist in looking up the source of the drivers. If unable to find an update, please remove (un-install) the program responsible for that driver. DO NOT manually delete/rename the driver as it may make the system unbootable! :

LGBusEnum.sys Mon Nov 23 20:36:48 2009 (4B0B38B0)
Logitech Keyboard
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=LGBusEnum.sys

LGVirHid.sys Mon Nov 23 20:36:48 2009 (4B0B38B0)
Logi... Read more

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/53399-bsod-playing-various-games-caused-atikmdag-sys-26c6e.html
Relevancy 86.86%

Hi,
The BSOD only occurs while playing specific games(Battlefield 3,Path of Exile), I can play a few others without any problems(empire total war, binding of isaac). I tried to solve this problem by making clean reinstall of the drivers, reinstalling windows and after that checking if BSOD still occurs on default drivers provided by the Acer or Latest AMD Drivers, nothing changed.

P.S I'm really sorry for my terrible English

A:BSOD 1000007E caused by atikmdag.sys while playing games

Try the 14.11.2 Beta from Mobile rather than the Omega one?

Quote:
Uninstall your installed latest version of the display driver.
How-To Uninstall AMD Catalyst Drivers From A Windows Based System
Then clean up any possible leftover.
Drivers - Clean Left over Files after Uninstalling
Then install the driver.

Also Stress test the Graphics Card using Furmark. Video Card - Stress Test with Furmark
Take a screenshot of the furmark window before closing it. Upload the screenshot for us.

Let us know the results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/357192-bsod-1000007e-caused-atikmdag-sys-while-playing-games.html
Relevancy 86.86%

Hello!

Recently i started getting BSOD while playing games and im trying to fight it, 2days for now. I have reached the wall at this point. I scouted the forum about it and could find similar problem or topic.
Tried alot of "tricks", re install drivers, update them and similar.
The main issue is that the PC im trying to set up is for my little brother and he doesn't need much (monster pc). But the case is that BSOD accurs while playing some old, old games.

PC system:

Proc: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 4800+ 2.64 GHz
Ram : 2gb
System: 32bit
Graphic : ATI Radeon x1950 GT

As I said before it isnt a bad PC its decend.

I hope i will get some responce to this thread. Tnq

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/386566-windows-7-bsod-while-playing-games-caused-atikmdag-sys.html
Relevancy 86.86%

Hey all So before I begin here are the stats of my laptop -Asus G JX -Windows - x -Nvidia Geforce GTS M -OEM - years old -Have never reformatted or reinstalled OS So i've had this gaming laptop for around years old and it's been blue screening since as long as i can remember I should have taken the laptop back but at that time i was not very knowledgeable about computers still aren't and didn't know how bad BSOD's were As far as the BSOD's go it actually doesn't occur too frequently maybe like once every month or so But playing caused games, while by BSOD video nvlddmkm.sys it has happened on a consistent basis ever BSOD while playing video games, caused by nvlddmkm.sys since as long as i can remember of the time the BSOD's occur while playing games I just updated the BIOS to the newest version about a week ago but just got a BSOD while playing Battlefield I'm pretty sure it has something to do with a driver relating to my graphics card but i'm no expert If you BSOD while playing video games, caused by nvlddmkm.sys guys can help me out it would be greatly appreciated Please keep in mind that i'm still a novice when it comes to this computer stuff Thanks

A:BSOD while playing video games, caused by nvlddmkm.sys

Hello hungry and welcome!

Analyses
The BSoD you had caused your Graphic Driver. Follow the steps below to make a secure remove of your driver.

Steps

i) Find your driver here, save it to your desktop
ii) Download Driver sweeper, for the leftover files
iii) Uninstall your driver from the Control Panel
iv) While rebooting, go into safe-mode without internet (tip: plugout your LAN cable or disconnect wireless)
v) Run Driver Sweeper, click all the Nvidia components and analyse them
vi) Clean them all
vii) Head into Windows, without internet
viii) Install the Driver from the desktop

Update DirectX

Download

Temperature
Check your temperatures on your Graphic Card with software like Speccy.

The Graphic Driver is of course the main cause, but you need to do the other things sometime anyway.

Update these drivers

Code:
- ASMMAP64.sys
- sncduvc.SYS

Quote:
How to Find Drivers
search Google for the name of the driver
- compare the Google results with what's installed on your system to figure out which device/program it belongs to
- visit the web site of the manufacturer of the hardware/program to get the latest drivers (DON'T use Windows Update or the Update driver function of Device Manager).
- if there are difficulties in locating them, post back with questions and someone - will help you search Google for the name of the driver
- compare the Google results with what's installed on your system to figure out which device/program it belongs to
- - if there are difficulties in locating them, post back with questions and someone will try and help you locate the appropriate program.
- The most common drivers are listed on this page: Driver Reference
- - Driver manufacturer links are on this page: Drivers and Downloads

Fred.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/199014-bsod-while-playing-video-games-caused-nvlddmkm-sys.html
Relevancy 86.43%

I have BSODs but more often the computer just freezes and sound loops. This only happens when i play games using the nVidia graphics card. At first I tought the issue was graphics card but dumps indicate it was ntoskrnl.exe.

A:BSOD when playing games, ntoskrnl.exe

Please follow the Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/276210-bsod-when-playing-games-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 86.43%

I have already read online about how Norton has caused BSOD problems for many people when the 8.1 upgrade happened. Most solutions explain to replace Norton with Windows Defender. My question is that, is there any way of using Norton thus after then? I already spent the money have anti-virus software so it doesn't make sense for me to just uninstall it and never use Norton again. Or if not, are there any better (preferably free) anti-virus solutions? I'm tired of getting BSODs because of Norton but, being as laymen as I am with computers, I feel like if I don't have Norton on, my computer is at risk.

A:ntoskrnl.exe BSOD when playing games

Maybe you should ask Norton for a refund. If it makes you problems (and you applied all the updates) there is not much else you can do but uninstall it completely and take your losses. Does temporarily disabling Norton while playing help any ?
There are many nice and useful free AVs ot there. I am partial to Avast free but there are many more free ones too, Like AVG, Bitdefender etc. and most of them are arguably better than Windows Defender. As for free/payed AVs goes, it all depends on how much of and from what you need protection from. Check about them on their sites and compare the difference between them and free/ payed versions. For me, with pretty active internet use, Avast free, helped by Search&Destroy, does just fine job.

http://www.eightforums.com/drivers-hardware/42586-ntoskrnl-exe-bsod-when-playing-games.html
Relevancy 86.43%

First off my specs Operating System Windows Home Premium -bit Build Service Pack System Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd System Model Z MA-D H-B BIOS Award Modular BIOS v PG Processor Intel Core i - K CPU GHz CPUs GHz Memory MB RAM Graphics Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX Ti Antivirus software Microsoft Security Essentials OK so My computer started crashing when I was playing LoL a couple weeks ago but the it started happening just at anytime Normally Games (ntoskrnl.exe) not always. BSOD playing when but So i ran some test did a virus scan trying to figure out what it was and then just ended up re-installing windows altogether i did that yesterday I started playing LoL today and it crashed again This time i searched the internet and found this site I also downloaded Bluescreenview and it was saying that the problem had to do with quot ntoskrnl exe quot I guess im just not sure how to fix this or what caused it The zip file has BSOD Normally when playing Games but not always. (ntoskrnl.exe) the dmp file and the other two reports that the forums says i should have Hope someone can help If i need to provide anything else just let me know The BSOD happened about - times before i re-installed windows but i dont have the dmg files for those times Thanks Cahrazyman

A:BSOD Normally when playing Games but not always. (ntoskrnl.exe)

Does anyone know what could be wrong?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/240710-bsod-normally-when-playing-games-but-not-always-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 86.43%

Windows Professional bit source MSDN Academic Alliance Hardware bought during last week of March system installed at that time Everything ran flawlessly until around weeks ago Computer acts normally until I launch a game tested with several titles Dead Space Guild playing games, while BSOD ntoskrnl.exe Wars Forsaken World Sword Then within around minutes usually one of three BSOD while playing games, ntoskrnl.exe things happens everything freezes like if I pressed a pause reboot required freeze like above but screen turns into a storm of colorful pixels reboot required BSOD system saving some data and then auto-reboot Other that that everything is fine No random reboots graphic artifacts sudden performance drops It might be without meaning but I noticed that either freeze BSOD happens withing first few minutes after launching a game or doesn't happen at all in that case everything is OK even for several hours until next reboot What I've done so far updated video driver mostly cuz of point ran night-long mem tests one for regular RAM second for video card memory monitored hardware temperatures did some general system clean-up like registry clearing disk defragmentation etc Everything seems to be in order As you may notice while reading contents of zip file perfmon seemed to be unable to recognize my antivirus - it's Avast Free Antivirus Any help or suggestions will be appreciated as I'm currently out of ideas other than full system reinstall or starting replacing parts of hardware

A:BSOD while playing games, ntoskrnl.exe

Easy around two weeks ago you installed Avast
I notice your avast which is often at least a contributing cause of BSOD'S . Please remove and replace your Avast with Microsoft Security Essentials AT LEAST TO TEST
http://files.avast.com/files/eng/aswclear5.exe

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/202983-bsod-while-playing-games-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 86.43%

I have a custom built PC that for the past years or so has run fine I haven't changed any hardware in the last year or so As of various playing games, ntoskrnl.exe BSOD I've been getting BSOD after running video games for varying lengths of time ten minutes to an hour on a pretty consistent basis When not running games I don't seem to BSOD Unfortunately I did a lot of what I considered to be proactive things to my computer on including removing unused programs and updating my video driver Unfortunately I don't have a system restore point on my PC I've tried rolling back my video driver but that BSOD playing various games, ntoskrnl.exe has not fixed the issue Attached are my last few minidumps Thanks for your time -------------------------------------- OS Microsoft Windows Ultimate -bit Multiprocessor Free Service Pack CPU Intel R Core TM Quad CPU Q GHz Motherboard Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd EP T-UD LR Memory GB Graphics Card s NVIDIA GeForce GTX Ti Sound Card NVIDIA High Definition Audio NVIDIA High Definitio Hard Drives ST AS ATA Device WDC WD AACS- D B ATA Device

A:BSOD playing various games, ntoskrnl.exe

Welcome to SF.

Please post the following report before we proceed:Windows Genuine and Activation Issue Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/267724-bsod-playing-various-games-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 86.43%

I been getting bsod while playing games such as Fallout New Vegas and Borderlands it only happens while playing games it started to happen when I install my new CPU processor into my computer I have a program called WhoCrashed and every time I run it after I get a bsod it says that the problem seems to be ntoskrnl exe which I don't know what that means WhoCrashed says that out of crash dumps are probably the cause of ntoskrnl exe My guess is BSOD games. ntoskrnl.exe while playing that the problem is coming from my new CPU but I don't know have to fix it I did some research and most people said this could be happening from outdated drivers As far BSOD ntoskrnl.exe while playing games. as I know I have every single driver up to date I even when to Device manager and I update every single device connected to my computer to see if that fix it but the bsod keeps happening Thank you for you help and also forgive my English and punctuation Here is some more information System specs Processor AMD FX tm - Quad-Core processor Installed memory RAM GB System type -bit Operating System x -based processor Video card NVIDIA GeForce GTX TI Attachment

A:BSOD ntoskrnl.exe while playing games.

Hi Tyson and I apologize for late reply ^_^,

I have analysed your DUMP files and below is the analysis for informative purposes :-

Code:
**************************Fri Jun 27 23:30:53.137 2014 (UTC + 5:30)**************************
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for ntoskrnl.exe

*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for ntoskrnl.exe

Probably caused by : dxgmms1.sys ( dxgmms1!VidSchiSubmitCommandPacketToQueue+99 )

BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff803f63392c2, fffff8800b490310, 0}
BugCheck Info: SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION (3b)

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x3B

DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN8_DRIVER_FAULT

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: WRONG_SYMBOLS

BIOS Version P1.00

BIOS Release Date 01/18/2012

Manufacturer To Be Filled By O.E.M.

Product Name To Be Filled By O.E.M.

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
**************************Fri Jun 27 08:07:26.157 2014 (UTC + 5:30)**************************

*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for ntoskrnl.exe

Probably caused by : dxgkrnl.sys ( dxgkrnl!DXGADAPTER::AcquireCoreResourceShared+59 )

BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff802e18b62c2, fffff8800d699df0, 0}

BIOS Version P1.00

??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????``
**************************Thu Jun 26 21:04:22.957 2014 (UTC + 5:30)**************************
Probably caused by : win32k.sys ( win32k!DCMEMOBJ::DCMEMOBJ+14b )

BugCheck 3B, {c0000005, fffff8025d6c02c2, fffff88010ba6db0, 0}

PROCESS_NAME: uTorrent.exe

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x3B_win32k!DCMEMOBJ::DCMEMOBJ

BIOS Version P1.00

**************************Thu Jun 26 10:46:10.860 2014 (UTC + 5:30)**************************

Probably caused by : dxgmms1.sys ( dxgmms1!VidSchiAdjustWorkerThreadPriority+1b7 )

BugCheck 1000007E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff800d46ce2c2, fffff880041fc838, fffff880041fc070}
BugCheck Info: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M (1000007e)

BUGCHECK_STR: AV

BIOS Version P1.00

**************************Thu Jun 26 07:44:32.148 2014 (UTC + 5:30)**************************

Probably caused by : dxgmms1.sys ( dxgmms1!VidSchiAdjustWorkerThreadPriority+1b7 )

BugCheck 1000007E, {ffffffffc0000005, fffff802c6ad02c2, fffff88004ddc838, fffff88004ddc070}
BugCheck Info: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED_M (1000007e)

PROCESS_NAME: System

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: AV_dxgmms1!VidSchiAdjustWorkerThreadPriority

BIOS Version ... Read more

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/49043-bsod-ntoskrnl-exe-while-playing-games.html
Relevancy 86.43%

So the last times I tried launching a game Battlefield I got BSOD This is the dump I got from BlueScreenView Dump File - - dmp Crash Time PM Bug Check String Bug Check Code x Parameter Parameter fffffa ca e Parameter Parameter Caused By Driver ntoskrnl exe Caused By Address ntoskrnl exe b c File Description NT Kernel amp System Product Name Microsoft Windows Operating System Company Microsoft Corporation File Version win sp gdr - Processor x Crash Address ntoskrnl exe b c Stack Address Stack Address Stack Address Computer Name Full Path C Windows Minidump - - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File Size According to Caused By Driver ntoskrnl exe seems to have been the cause what is this file and how it it doing this And more importantly how can I fix this My spec's are the same as in my sig but I haven't mentioned I have a Logitech mx attached via USB as well as a standard mirosoft keyboard Please help me find out what's wrong Cheers Sam

A:BSOD - ntoskrnl.exe - Playing games

Hello,

Please take a look at the following link and attach the requested reports.

http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ta-452654.html

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-ntoskrnl-exe-playing-games-670320.html
Relevancy 86.43%

I had so many bsods while playing NFS Shift and i still cant find whats wrong!
Sometimes it was atimdag.sys with ntoskrnl.exe and other times only ntoskrnl.exe
Someone please check my dump file!
X48 chipset (gigabyte mobo dq6)
Intel E8500 with some OC but it has been stable for 2 years until next month.
4Gb Ram
6850 Saphire with normal clocks.
SSD + 4 HDDs
Just formated and instaled my OS again and again i get the same old bsod
Attachment 212894

A:BSOD NTOSKRNL.EXE while playing games etc

These crashes were caused by memory corruption/exception (Cx05) probably a driver.
Please run these two tests to verify your memory and find which driver is causing the problem.

* If you are overclocking anything reset to default before running these tests.
In other words STOP!!!

* If you have a Raid update its Driver.

Memtest.

Quote:
*Download a copy of Memtest86 and burn the ISO to a CD using Iso Recorder or another ISO burning program. Memtest86+ - Advanced Memory Diagnostic Tool

*Boot from the CD, and leave it running for at least 5-7 passes.

Just remember, any time Memtest reports errors, it can be either bad RAM or a bad motherboard slot.

Test the sticks individually, and if you find a good one, test it in all slots.

Any errors are indicative of a memory problem.

If a known good stick fails in a motherboard slot it is probably the slot.

RAM - Test with Memtest86+

Driver Verifier

Quote:
Using Driver Verifier is an iffy proposition.
Most times it'll crash and it'll tell you what the driver is.
But sometimes it'll crash and won't tell you the driver.
Other times it'll crash before you can log in to Windows.
If you can't get to Safe Mode, then you'll have to resort to offline editing of the registry to disable Driver Verifier.

I'd suggest that you first backup your stuff and then make sure you've got access to another computer so you can contact us if problems arise.
Then make a System Restore point (so you can restore the system using the Vista/Win7 Startup Repair feature).

In Windows 7 you can make a Startup Repair disk by going to Start....All Programs...Maintenance...Create a System Repair Disc - with Windows Vista you'll have to use your installation disk or the "Repair your computer" option at the top of the Safe Mode menu .

Then, here's the procedure:
- Go to Start and type in "verifier" (without the quotes) and press Enter
- Select "Create custom settings (for code developers)" and click "Next"
- Select "Select individual settings from a full list" and click "Next"
- Select everything EXCEPT FOR "Low Resource Simulation"IRP Logging and Force Pending I/O Requests. and click "Next"
NOTE: You can use Low Resource Simulation if you'd like.
From my limited experimentation it makes the BSOD's come faster.
- Select "Select driver names from a list" and click "Next"
Then select all drivers NOT provided by Microsoft and click "Next"
- Select "Finish" on the next page.

If you are using win 8 add these
- Concurrency Stress Test
- DDI compliance checking

Reboot the system and wait for it to crash to the Blue Screen.
Continue to use your system normally, and if you know what causes the crash, do that repeatedly.
The objective here is to get the system to crash because Driver Verifier is stressing the drivers out.
If it doesn't crash for you, then let it run for at least 36 hours of continuous operation.
Reboot into Windows (after the crash) and turn off Driver Verifier by going back in and selecting "Delete existing settings" on the first page, then locate and zip up the memory dump file and upload it with your next post.
If you can't get into Windows because it crashes too soon, try it in Safe Mode.
If you can't get into Safe Mode, try using System Restore from your installation DVD to set the system back to the previous restore point that you created.

Thanks to JCGriff2 & Usasma.

Sysnative Forums

Driver Reference Table (DRT)

Using Driver Verifier to identify issues with Windows drivers for advanced users

Driver Verifier

Using Driver Verifier (Windows Drivers)

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/230949-bsod-ntoskrnl-exe-while-playing-games-etc.html
Relevancy 86.43%

x -bit or x Windows Home Premium bit the original installed - ntoskrnl.exe games playing while BCC BSOD - 124 OS on the system This was the original OS an OEM or full retail version OEM What is the age of system hardware The system was purchased but some items were added from original What is the age of OS installation - OS was just re-installed on - I have been having problems with my PC over the past week or so I have been getting a BCC error and its been difficult to diagnose what the issue is The crashes were occurring usually within minutes of playing a PC game SWTOR Civ LoL I started using BueScreenView to see what the cause was and it was Hal dll coming up most of the time I tried several things to fix BSOD - BCC 124 while playing games - ntoskrnl.exe it after reading articles online Startup repair didnt find anything sfc found no violations memtest chckdsk and a clean reinstall of windows did not help I think I finally stopped getting hal dll errors BSOD - BCC 124 while playing games - ntoskrnl.exe after doing repair console command bootsect exe nt ALL force and now its blue screening for ntoskrnl exe after m- h of playing a PC game Most of the articles I located online for these were for windows XP so it has been hard to find out what the next step would be for Windows Any help would be appreciated Michael Here is the info from the last dmp below and the rest is attached Dump File - - dmp Crash Time AM Bug Check String Bug Check Code x Parameter Parameter fffffa ea f Parameter Parameter Caused By Driver ntoskrnl exe Caused By Address ntoskrnl exe a e c File Description NT Kernel amp System Product Name Microsoft Windows Operating System Company Microsoft Corporation File Version win gdr - Processor x Crash Address ntoskrnl exe a e c Stack Address Stack Address Stack Address Computer Name Full Path C Windows Minidump - - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File Size

A:BSOD - BCC 124 while playing games - ntoskrnl.exe

Are you overclocking?

HAL (hardware abstraction layer) may have caused it.

Analysis by windbg (013112-21824-01.dmp):

Quote:
BugCheck 124, {0, fffffa800ea67028, fa000000, 400405}
Probably caused by : hardware
WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR (124)
A fatal hardware error has occurred. Parameter 1 identifies the type of error
source that reported the error. Parameter 2 holds the address of the
WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure that describes the error conditon.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000000, Machine Check Exception
Arg2: fffffa800ea67028, Address of the WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure.
Arg3: 00000000fa000000, High order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.
Arg4: 0000000000400405, Low order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.
Debugging Details:
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x124_GenuineIntel
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: VISTA_DRIVER_FAULT
CURRENT_IRQL: f
STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`0311db58 fffff800`02c1c903 : 00000000`00000124 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`0ea67028 00000000`fa000000 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`0311db60 fffff800`02dd9513 : 00000000`00000001 fffffa80`0ea5a4f0 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`0ea5a540 : hal!HalBugCheckSystem+0x1e3
fffff880`0311dba0 fffff800`02c1c5c8 : 00000000`00000728 fffffa80`0ea5a4f0 fffff880`0311df30 fffff880`0311df00 : nt!WheaReportHwError+0x263
fffff880`0311dc00 fffff800`02c1bf1a : fffffa80`0ea5a4f0 fffff880`0311df30 fffffa80`0ea5a4f0 00000000`00000000 : hal!HalpMcaReportError+0x4c
fffff880`0311dd50 fffff800`02c1bdd5 : 00000000`00000008 00000000`00000001 fffff880`0311dfb0 00000000`00000000 : hal!HalpMceHandler+0x9e
fffff880`0311dd90 fffff800`02c0fe88 : fffffa80`0e93c8c0 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : hal!HalpMceHandlerWithRendezvous+0x55
fffff880`0311ddc0 fffff800`02cc37ac : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : hal!HalHandleMcheck+0x40
fffff880`0311ddf0 fffff800`02cc3613 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KxMcheckAbort+0x6c
fffff880`0311df30 fffff800`02cce97e : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiMcheckAbort+0x153
fffff880`0313d560 00000000`00000000 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiTimerWaitTest+0x3e
STACK_COMMAND: kb
FOLLOWUP_NAME: MachineOwner
MODULE_NAME: hardware
IMAGE_NAME: hardware
DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 0
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x124_GenuineIntel_PROCESSOR_MAE
BUCKET_ID: X64_0x124_GenuineIntel_PROCESSOR_MAE

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/212447-bsod-bcc-124-while-playing-games-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 86%

I built this computer for a friend of mine (the one under my specs) and he's having trouble with BSOD's. I reinstalled Windows 7 Ultimate x64. Still problems, so I thought the RAM was going bad. We ran memtest86+ and found an error so I replaced the RAM with the one currently in my profile. He ran memtest again and found 0 errors. He is still having BSOD's mostly IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL on ntoskrnl.sys, tcpip.sys, afd,sys, ks, sys, etc. We reinstalled manufacturer drivers from Asrock and installed the latest catalyst from ATI for the HD 5770. We've done some other troubleshooting: CHKDSK found nothing, hard drive SMART wasn't tripped, had no reallocated sectors. I've disabled everything in BIOS that could cause troubles, Cool n quiet, advanced core calibration, etc. I had him run the BSOD posting tool.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/11592397/MetalSlugXT.zip

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated,
MSXT

A:BSOD playing games and randomly at idle error 0x000000d1 mostly

MetalSlugXT, try updating the display driver to the latest WHQL.

You can get it from the link in our forum, Latest AMD Catalyst Video Driver for Windows 7, or you may go to AMD Graphics Driver and Software and opt for Automatically Detect and Install the appropriate driver for your card.

During installation, you may opt for advanced installation, and install the display driver only, not the Catalyst Control Center.

Also update the network driver from http://www.realtek.com.tw/downloads/...&GetDown=false.

Also update your wireless USB card's driver. Search for it in http://www.mediatek.com/_en/07_downloads/01_windows.php . In my best guess, it is the cause of most of the crashes.

Let us know the results.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/272795-bsod-playing-games-randomly-idle-error-0x000000d1-mostly.html
Relevancy 86%

I've recently decided that the problem might not just be my ram, so before i upgrade I decided to seek some help. I've had multiple BSOD's while gaming, as well as sitting idle since august 27th (increasing in frequency). Also experiencing crashes during gaming as well as firefox crashes, 2-5 times an hour in fact. Windows 7 professional x64, intel i5 quad core, 4gigs of g.skill ram, 10k rpm velociraptor HD, nVidia geforce 8800gt, the original installed OS on the system, full retail version, Everything is about 2 years old, the video card is around 5 years old I believe, OS was installed a little under 2 years ago.

A:BSoD's playing games, and randomly on Idle, Multiple errors

I did some more digging while waiting on a response. I borrowed a new gpu from a buddy because someone recommended elsewhere that the issue was the gpu ram. The crashes and BSoD's have slowed dramatically in frequency but they are still present. Any help would be appreciated.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/193475-bsods-playing-games-randomly-idle-multiple-errors.html
Relevancy 85.57%

Laptop Model Asus N SF Nvidia Geforce GT M gb ram Problem BSOD playing most of the games which includes NFS L D Assasins Creed The only games that don't BSOD are FIFA Football Manager and WoW DotA Been living most playing recently Caused by L4D2. BSOD nvkflt.sys games, with it since few months after BSOD playing games, most recently L4D2. Caused by nvkflt.sys I bought it What I did clean reinstall of drivers throw the laptop to service centres which doesn't help at all Note Im trying my best to follow the rules of this forum I've already created a crash dump folder However for the SF diagnostics tool I cant seem to get it running there is an error for the Minidump section And does it take a long time for other sections to complete because i left the diagnostics for hours but it didnt run at all Thanks for understanding as I'm not good with technical stuffs at all and I will upload all the information needed when I know how to get the SF diagnostics running

A:BSOD playing games, most recently L4D2. Caused by nvkflt.sys

Im having trouble doing the diagnostics. Im uploading the most recent BSOD screenshot as an information. I only have this information and i really need help on how to do diagnostics. I really need some replies from the pros around the forum.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/316283-bsod-playing-games-most-recently-l4d2-caused-nvkflt-sys.html
Relevancy 85.57%

Hi I could use a little help here because this is really getting on my nerves The problem occurs when i try to run a game Everything goes smooth to the part when bsod appears usally after - minutes depending on a game im trying At first i thought it's video driver that is causing trouble but after changing several of them the results didn't got any better My system specs MB MSI K N SLI- F CPU AMD Athlon x MEM gb Kingmax x gb Kingston gb DDR VGA Powercolor HD PU Chieftec w Sys Win Ultimate x What i tried so far Changing video card drivers with or without control panel Reinstalling a fresh copy of windows BlueScreenViewer shows it's ntoskrnl exe related sfc scannow fixed some errors but some of them still appear and can not be ntoskrnl.exe games, error playing BSOD fixed memtest passes no errors reported Video Memory Stress Test v only one pass showed no errors chkdisk displayed some errors i think but they were fixed Files attached Any help BSOD playing games, ntoskrnl.exe error is appreciated thanks in advance

A:BSOD playing games, ntoskrnl.exe error

Try to remove the 1 GB sticks and see what happens

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/199366-bsod-playing-games-ntoskrnl-exe-error.html
Relevancy 85.57%

Hi all I hope someone here can help me get to the root of these BS's I have been experiencing I have not changed anything on my PC recently except Anti virus MOstly online BSOD: games, when NTOSKRNL.EXE playing updates from AVG no new hardware etc BSOD: MOstly when playing online games, NTOSKRNL.EXE They mostly occur when I'm playing games but also happen when browsing the BSOD: MOstly when playing online games, NTOSKRNL.EXE web System specs are as follows Intel R Core TM i - K CPU GHz Gigabyte Technology Co Ltd Z A-D -B Microsoft Windows Professional -bit Multiprocessor Free Service Pack Memory GB NVIDIA GeForce GTX Ti Here's a bit of info from WhoCrashed Crash dump directory C Windows Minidump Crash dumps are enabled on your computer On Sun PM GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmp This was probably caused by the following module ntoskrnl exe nt x CD Bugcheck code xD x x x x Error DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL file path C Windows system ntoskrnl exe product Microsoft Windows Operating System company Microsoft Corporation description NT Kernel amp System Bug check description This indicates that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem The crash took place in the Windows kernel Possibly this problem is caused by another driver which cannot be identified at this time On Sun PM GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows memory dmp This was probably caused by the following module ntkrnlmp exe nt KeBugCheckEx x Bugcheck code xD x x x x Error DRIVER IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL Bug check description This indicates that a kernel-mode driver attempted to access pageable memory at a process IRQL that was too high This appears to be a typical software driver bug and is not likely to be caused by a hardware problem The crash took place in the Windows kernel Possibly this problem is caused by another driver which cannot be identified at this time I hope someone can help me I'm really lost as to why this is happening ty in advance

A:BSOD: MOstly when playing online games, NTOSKRNL.EXE

Perfmon /report shows that your Etron USB 3.0 drivers aren't installed. Please visit the motherboard manufacturer's website and download/install the drivers.

Quote:
Universal Serial Bus (USB) Controller PCI\VEN_1B6F&DEV_7023&SUBSYS_50071458&REV_01\4&36E9BF94&0&00E1 The drivers for this device are not installed.

Your Avnex Ltd. Virtual Audio Device driver dates from 2008, please update it or remove it from your system
Driver Reference Table - vcsvad.sys

sxuptp.sys dates from 2009 and appears to be part of a Belkin USB networking device (more info here: Driver Reference Table - sxuptp.sys ) If this is a wireless USB device, here's my rant about them:

Quote:
I do not recommend using wireless USB devices. Especially in Win7 systems.
These wireless USB devices have many issues with Win7 - and using Vista drivers with them is almost sure to cause a BSOD.
Should you want to keep using these devices, be sure to have Win7 drivers - DO NOT use Vista drivers!!!
An installable wireless PCI/PCIe card that's plugged into your motherboard is much more robust, reliable, and powerful.

If the above suggestions don't fix the BSOD problems, post back and we'll try Driver Verifier on all 3rd party drivers (instructions here: Driver Verifier Settings )

Further info on BSOD error messages available at: http://www.carrona.org/bsodindx.html

The following info is just FYI, I've already addressed the issues that I saw in the above paragraphs
3RD PARTY DRIVERS PRESENT IN THE DUMP FILES

Code:

amdxata.sys Fri Mar 19 12:18:18 2010 (4BA3A3CA)
avgtdia.sys Sun Jul 10 18:46:53 2011 (4E1A2BDD)
avgmfx64.sys Sun Aug 07 23:41:46 2011 (4E3F5AFA)
avgrkx64.sys Tue Sep 13 00:02:34 2011 (4E6ED5DA)
AVGIDSEH.Sys Sun Jul 10 18:36:50 2011 (4E1A2982)
ndisrd.sys Wed Sep 14 06:18:41 2011 (4E707F81)
sxuptp.sys Fri May 08 00:13:37 2009 (4A03B171)
nvhda64v.sys Tue Jan 17 07:45:46 2012 (4F156D7A)
avgldx64.sys Thu Oct 06 23:55:41 2011 (4E8E783D)
Rt64win7.sys Tue May 31 23:15:51 2011 (4DE5AEE7)
vcsvad.sys Sun Nov 16 04:51:18 2008 (491FED16)
LHidFilt.Sys Sat Apr 30 07:51:39 2011 (4DBBF7CB)
LMouFilt.Sys Sat Apr 30 07:51:45 2011 (4DBBF7D1)
RTKVHD64.sys Fri Aug 12 01:28:04 2011 (4E44B9E4)
LUsbFilt.Sys Sat Apr 30 07:51:49 2011 (4DBBF7D5)
lvuvc64.sys Wed Jan 18 01:41:08 2012 (4F166984)
lvrs64.sys Wed Jan 18 01:40:36 2012 (4F166964)
Sftvollh.sys Fri Sep 30 12:42:46 2011 (4E85F186)
AVGIDSFilter.Sys Sun Jul 10 18:37:05 2011 (4E1A2991)
cpuz135_x64.sys Wed Sep 21 04:23:41 2011 (4E799F0D)
AVGIDSDriver.Sys Sun Jul 10 18:36:37 2011 (4E1A2975)
Sftredirlh.sys Fri Sep 30 12:43:14 2011 (4E85F1A2)
Sftfslh.sys Fri Sep 30 12:43:06 2011 (4E85F19A)
Sftplaylh.sys Fri Sep 30 12:43:05 2011 (4E85F199)
nvlddmkm.sys Thu Feb 09 21:02:58 2012 (4F347AD2)
HECIx64.sys Tue Oct 19 19:33:43 2010 (4CBE2AD7)

http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=amdxata.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=avgtdia.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=avgmfx64.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=avgrkx64.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=AVGIDSEH.Sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=ndisrd.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=sxuptp.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=nvhda64v.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=avgldx64.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=Rt64win7.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=vcsvad.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=LHidFilt.Sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=LMouFilt.Sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=RTKVHD64.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=LUsbFilt.Sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=lvuvc64.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=lvrs64.sys
http://www.car... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/221095-bsod-mostly-when-playing-online-games-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 85.57%

currently running windows I built my own computer so I know all internal parts work together so that's not an issue but ntoskrnl.exe/hall.dll while games playing BSOD when ever I am playing a game I listen to music or watch a tv show as well to not get bored on my computer sometimes the bsod occurs and sometimes I don't get it for several days weeks so I don't really know what is causing this exactly BSOD while playing games ntoskrnl.exe/hall.dll I've tried looking for solutions myself but I can't seem to find a fix so here I am hoping that you fine folks can help me out now this is a brand new installation of the OS just installed literally yesterday still get the bsod - I've had this issue before on different OS's all windows but sometimes they would disappear completely and I forget about them or they just don't ever appear or they start showing up the next couple days after re-installing my OS I'm always running the same software I BSOD while playing games ntoskrnl.exe/hall.dll do through every OS installation I do as it usually never changes for me and it's never caused me issues before it's just BSOD while playing games ntoskrnl.exe/hall.dll kinda been recently as like within the past few months or so anyways my diagnostics are down below If you need anymore information or anything just let me know and I'll get back asap with what ever is needed just hope I can get this fixed once and for all Edit here is the dump I get from BlueScreenView as well - Dump File - - dmp Crash Time PM Bug Check String IRQL NOT LESS OR EQUAL Bug Check Code x a Parameter e fbbc Parameter f Parameter Parameter fffff dbfadb Caused By Driver hal dll Caused By Address hal dll bb File Description Hardware Abstraction Layer DLL Product Name Microsoft Windows Operating System Company Microsoft Corporation File Version winblue gdr - Processor x Crash Address ntoskrnl exe ca Stack Address Stack Address Stack Address Computer Name Full Path C Windows Minidump - - dmp Processors Count Major Version Minor Version Dump File Size Dump File Time PM

A:BSOD while playing games ntoskrnl.exe/hall.dll

so it's happened again, have dump down below. cpu-z and all that are the same only thing that has seemed to change was this
==================================================
Dump File : 100514-16890-01.dmp
Crash Time : 10/5/14 9:19:44 PM
Bug Check String : IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
Bug Check Code : 0x0000000a
Parameter 1 : 00000000`07fffefc
Parameter 2 : 00000000`0000000f
Parameter 3 : 00000000`00000000
Parameter 4 : fffff802`7e62bbb0
Caused By Driver : hal.dll
Caused By Address : hal.dll+1bbb0
File Description : Hardware Abstraction Layer DLL
Product Name : Microsoft? Windows? Operating System
Company : Microsoft Corporation
File Version : 6.3.9600.17196 (winblue_gdr.140601-1505)
Processor : x64
Crash Address : ntoskrnl.exe+153ca0
Stack Address 1 :
Stack Address 2 :
Stack Address 3 :
Computer Name :
Full Path : C:\Windows\Minidump\100514-16890-01.dmp
Processors Count : 6
Major Version : 15
Minor Version : 9600
Dump File Size : 296,752
Dump File Time : 10/5/14 9:20:48 PM
==================================================
Compared to the one I posted in the first post.

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/54915-bsod-while-playing-games-ntoskrnl-exe-hall-dll.html
Relevancy 85.57%

I have recently built my own computer and I have been getting a lot of blue screens playing online. Starcraft 2 and League of legends.

I have tested my ram and done chkdsk.exe /f they came out clean.

I have attached a few minidumps for help.

A:BSOD playing multiplayer games, ntoskrnl and afd.sys

x86 Windows 7 home edition
Corsair 2x4 240pin ram
EVGA 580 classified edition
Intel [email protected]
Western digital 500g 7200 rpm HDD

full retail parts, brand new

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/208663-bsod-playing-multiplayer-games-ntoskrnl-afd-sys.html
Relevancy 85.57%

Hi, I've been getting this BSOD every so often, usually when playing DOTA 2 or Just Cause 2.

It doesn't happen immediately, I notice the game's framerate dip, and then the BSOD occurs.

I am running a laptop with Windows 8.1. (x64)
It has a nvidia 745M with optimus, and an i7-4500u.
Model is a Clevo W840SN

I have ran memtest with no errors appearing.

Thankyou.

A:Occasional ntoskrnl.exe BSOD when playing games

Hi,

The latest attached DMP file is of the DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE (9f) bug check.

This bug check indicates that the driver is in an inconsistent or invalid power state.

If we run an !irp on the 4th parameter of the bug check (blocked IRP address), we get the following:

[ 16, 2] 0 e1 ffffe0000147d040 00000000 fffff802561a2d80-ffffe000038e46f0 Success Error Cancel pending
\Driver\nvlddmkm nt!PopRequestCompletion

^^ nVidia video driver.

Ensure you have the latest video card drivers. If you are already on the latest video card drivers, uninstall and install a version or a few versions behind the latest to ensure it's not a latest driver only issue. If you have already experimented with the latest video card driver and many previous versions, please give the beta driver for your card a try.

Regards,

Patrick

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/occasional-ntoskrnl-exe-bsod-when-playing-games-790834.html
Relevancy 85.14%

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1039

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 116
BCP1: FFFFFA80089B44E0
BCP2: FFFFF880107EB6AC
BCP3: FFFFFFFFC000009A
BCP4: 0000000000000004

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\031814-40763-01.dmp
C:\Users\Henry\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-96346-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
Windows 7 Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

Suddenly the screen goes black, and it looks like its on sleep mode(the screen) the computer keeps running in the background for a bit, then when i recover windows(restart via power button) it prompts me with this

LOG:

A:BSOD Error code 116, Playing games/Idle, random times

Thank you for your time!

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/325726-bsod-error-code-116-playing-games-idle-random-times.html
Relevancy 85.14%

Been getting frequent BSOD past few months, like 2/3 times in a month. Only recently have I started getting crashes every other day. It isn't even a BSOD, it just crashes and restarts as if it was a BSOD.

A:BSOD randomly while playing multiple games and idle, error 0x0000003b

You do not have Service Pack 1 installed.
Make sure you install it to prevent vulnerabilities in your system.

Code:
Version 6.1.7600 Build 7600
Install all updates using Windows Update.

Code:
DAEMON Tools Ultra Agent "c:\program files (x86)\daemon tools ultra\dtagent.exe" -autorun Ziyue-PC\Ziyue HKU\S-1-5-21-1359861946-2656565172-626367282-1000\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
Daemon Tools/Alcohol is known cause of BSODs, you will have to find an alternative as there is no way around this.

Registry and SPTD problems | DAEMON Pro Help
How to remove sptd.sys from system

1. Uninstall Daemon Tools.
2. Download the SPTD standalone installer and follow these steps:
3. Double click the executable to open it
4. Click the button shown below

If the button it is grayed out, as shown in the image, there is no more SPTD installation on your system, and you can just close the window.

Code:
Unable to load image atikmdag.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for atikmdag.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for atikmdag.sys
atikmdag+0xa0cb7
Your display driver is also causing issues.

Code:
2: kd> lmvm atikmdag
start end module name
fffff880`13e9a000 fffff880`14b88000 atikmdag T (no symbols)
Image path: atikmdag.sys
Timestamp: Fri Nov 29 16:59:33 2013 (5298C7F5)
CheckSum: 00C9E6DB
ImageSize: 00CEE000
Try an update but not the latest version.

support.amd.com/en-us/download

No Anti Virus?

Install MSE and Malwarebytes.

Tip

Make sure you don't enable the free trial of malwarebytes pro, deselect the option when prompted.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/333308-bsod-randomly-while-playing-multiple-games-idle-error-0x0000003b.html
Relevancy 84.71%

Hello recently or / BSOD by caused when playing video, wininit games freezes Frequent after installing Diablo III I noticed that Frequent freezes / BSOD when playing games or video, caused by wininit my performance began to dip a little bit - a few extra seconds here and there on load time but nothing major It got worse Frequent freezes / BSOD when playing games or video, caused by wininit over the span of a week until finally the computer freezes within about twenty to forty minutes of graphics card usage such as playing a game or watching a video Simply idling causes the computer to freeze or crash after about an hour even when booting in safe mode The most common result is that the screen will freeze with a loud buzzing noise looping in the audio until I Frequent freezes / BSOD when playing games or video, caused by wininit manually reset the computer if left to its own devices sometimes it resolves as a BSOD Nothing is overclocked no temperature readings go above degrees even during times of heavy stress I've removed all the dust and verified all components are connected correctly The OS is Windows Home Premium bit OEM The entire rig was custom built a year ago with Windows installed a year ago to an SSD and a secondary HD for storage Neither drive has been reformatted Any help would be greatly appreciated Thank you very much

A:Frequent freezes / BSOD when playing games or video, caused by wininit

Uptimes of one hour, a Crucial M4... http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...ml#post1793840

That thread post gives information about your problem and the solution.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/232892-frequent-freezes-bsod-when-playing-games-video-caused-wininit.html
Relevancy 84.71%

Hopefully someone with more knowledge than me can help!

Ive had a few of these 'driver irql_less_or_not_equal' errors over the last few months. Usually during gaming sessions or performing heavy duty simulation work.

hopefully someone can help! crash dump file and stack trace thing attached.

Cheers,

Alex

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/385647-bsod-when-playing-games-using-heavy-cfd-stuff-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 84.71%

First I got a sudden BSOD and reboot after a couple of hours of playing games. It looked strange as this PC is rather new and it had never happened with higher resourse demanding games.

After that first BSOD it started happening anytime when the PC was running, even not playing. It could be with 10 minutes or 6 hours of being functioning.

The program BlueScreenView says it may be related to ntoskrnl.exe, dxgmms1.sys or nvlddmkm.sys. I did the search for virus with Microsoft Essentials but found nothing. Didn?t get anything either with Malwarebytes Anti-Malware.

Hope someone around here can help me out ?

Thanks.

A:BSOD started playing games now happens almost anytime (ntoskrnl.exe?)

Only one memory dump in the uploaded reports. If you're using a disk cleanup program, please stop while we're troubleshooting.

Daemon Tools (and Alcohol % software) are known to cause BSOD's on some Win7 systems (mostly due to the sptd.sys driver, although I have seen dtsoftbus01.sys blamed on several occasions).
Please uninstall the program, then use the following free tool to ensure that the troublesome sptd.sys driver is removed from your system (pick the 32 or 64 bit system depending on your system's configuration): DuplexSecure - FAQ

Here's a link to a post on some troubleshooting steps for this sort of error: STOP 0x116: VIDEO_TDR_ERROR troubleshooting

If the above steps don't stop the BSOD's, please zip up and upload any new memory dumps with your next post - and we'll see what we can figure out from there.

The following info is just FYI, I've already addressed the issues that I saw in the above paragraphs

- Further info on BSOD error messages available at: http://www.carrona.org/bsodindx.html
- Info on how to troubleshoot BSOD's (DRAFT): http://www.carrona.org/userbsod.html
- How I do it: http://www.carrona.org/howidoit.html

3RD PARTY DRIVERS PRESENT IN THE DUMP FILES

Code:

ALSysIO64.sys Sat Jul 09 20:27:45 2011 (4E18F201)
AmUStor.SYS Fri Apr 20 03:05:29 2012 (4F910AB9)
HECIx64.sys Thu May 03 16:16:16 2012 (4FA2E790)
LPCFilter.sys Thu Dec 22 20:55:51 2011 (4EF3DFA7)
MpFilter.sys Fri Mar 09 06:05:26 2012 (4F59E3F6)
MxEFUF64.sys Thu Oct 20 12:24:05 2011 (4EA04B25)
RTKVHD64.sys Tue Apr 24 07:42:07 2012 (4F96918F)
Smb_driver_Intel.sys Thu May 24 22:54:38 2012 (4FBEF46E)
amdxata.sys Fri Mar 19 12:18:18 2010 (4BA3A3CA)
asmthub3.sys Tue Feb 21 03:54:06 2012 (4F435BAE)
asmtxhci.sys Tue Feb 21 03:53:58 2012 (4F435BA6)
atksgt.sys Sat Jun 04 11:22:26 2011 (4DEA4DB2)
btath_a2dp.sys Mon Feb 14 20:47:47 2011 (4D59DB43)
btath_bus.sys Thu Jun 24 02:17:43 2010 (4C22F887)
btath_flt.sys Thu Jun 24 02:17:38 2010 (4C22F882)
btath_hcrp.sys Tue Jun 29 05:30:43 2010 (4C29BD43)
btath_lwflt.sys Mon Sep 13 04:26:54 2010 (4C8DE04E)
btath_rcp.sys Thu Jun 24 02:17:21 2010 (4C22F871)
btfilter.sys Mon May 21 02:53:55 2012 (4FB9E683)
cpuz135_x64.sys Wed Sep 21 04:23:41 2011 (4E799F0D)
dump_pciidex.sys Mon Jul 13 19:19:47 2009 (4A5BC113)
e1c62x64.sys Thu Mar 15 23:57:28 2012 (4F62BA28)
jraid.sys Thu May 19 03:55:18 2011 (4DD4CCE6)
lirsgt.sys Mon Sep 28 11:10:35 2009 (4AC0D1EB)
mbam.sys Tue Mar 20 12:04:48 2012 (4F68AAA0)
mv91xx.sys Thu Jan 19 01:52:49 2012 (4F17BDC1)
mvxxmm.sys Thu Jan 19 01:52:34 2012 (4F17BDB2)
nvhda64v.sys Mon May 21 09:10:39 2012 (4FBA3ECF)
nvlddmkm.sys Thu Jun 28 18:58:00 2012 (4FECE178)
sptd.sys Sat Mar 03 11:45:52 2012 (4F524AC0)
whfltr2k.sys Wed Sep 16 13:48:59 2009 (4AB1250B)

http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=ALSysIO64.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=AmUStor.SYS
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=HECIx64.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=LPCFilter.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=MpFilter.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=MxEFUF64.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=RTKVHD64.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=Smb_driver_Intel.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=asmthub3.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=asmtxhci.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=atksgt.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=btath_a2dp.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=btath_bus.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=btath_flt.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=btath_hcrp.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=btath_lwflt.sys
http://www.c... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/240392-bsod-started-playing-games-now-happens-almost-anytime-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 84.71%

hi i need video (nt+0x4B2EFC) games, BSOD ntoskrnl.exe playing when your help i just have blue screen when i play video games but is not a quot blue screen of death quot is like that i hear the game i BSOD when playing video games, ntoskrnl.exe (nt+0x4B2EFC) can moove and play but i just see the quot fake blue screen quot im on dual screen and the second is ok when this appears i dont really understand why i tried whith the benq only and is same and quot whocrashed quot said me Code System Information local -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- computer name FACECATCS-PC windows version Windows Service Pack build windows dir C Windows Hardware ASRock Z Anniversary CPU GenuineIntel Intel R Core TM i - K CPU GHz Intel level logical processors active mask RAM total -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Crash Dump Analysis -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Crash dump directory C Windows Minidump Crash dumps are enabled on your computer On Tue GMT your computer crashed crash dump file C Windows Minidump - - dmp This was probably caused by the following module ntoskrnl exe nt x B EFC Bugcheck code x x xFFFFFA F x x Error WHEA UNCORRECTABLE ERROR file path C Windows system ntoskrnl exe product Microsoft Windows Operating System company Microsoft Corporation description NT Kernel amp System Bug check description This bug check indicates that a fatal hardware error has occurred This bug check uses the error data that is provided by the Windows Hardware Error Architecture WHEA This is likely to be caused by a hardware problem problem This problem might be caused by a thermal issue The crash took place in the Windows kernel Possibly this problem is caused by another driver that cannot be identified at this time i upload my dump file with this topic thanks for help i appreciate

Relevancy 84.71%

Hello I have been trying for two or three weeks to fix this problem but so far no luck so any help is appreciated I generally only get a BSOD when I'm playing games but I've had a very small amount when not playing anything playing BSOD HDAudBus.sys, ntoskrnl.exe, storport.sys games while I ran memtest times overnight and I got zero errors and since everything I've looked up pointed to a driver issue I've tried updating everything I could find to update My first thought was it is an audio issue because for the past month I often get a crackling BSOD HDAudBus.sys, ntoskrnl.exe, storport.sys while playing games sound from any audio playing but every audio driver I've tried doesn't fix anything for long BSOD HDAudBus.sys, ntoskrnl.exe, storport.sys while playing games I then thought it might have been a graphics card issue so after updating and uninstalling reinstalling the drivers I tried swapping my R x out for my old amd hd and the crackling went away and I stopped crashing for - days I tried running one of those Furmark burn tests on each of the cards and the x crashed every time about minutes in and the went for minutes fine Since I wanted to upgrade my card anyways I got a geforce gtx For about - hours of gaming I had no problems but then crackling audio came back and so did the crashing For the first time last night when it actually let me update the Realtek audio drivers it sounded perfectly clear and I stopped crashing Then when I turned it on again after work the crackling is back and so is the crashing

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/58626-bsod-hdaudbus-sys-ntoskrnl-exe-storport-sys-while-playing-games.html
Relevancy 83.85%

Hello guys,

In the last month I've got a lot of BSODs that are giving me the chills.
I keep the computer on at all times as I run a web and mail server on it, play games, use it as an alarm, etc..
I have no idea what is causing them, hopefully you guys can help me crack it.

I'm running on Windows 7 Pro x64, latest SP and updates.
If you need any other info, I will gladly provide it. Thanks!

A:Random BSODs caused by ntoskrnl.exe either if computer is idle or not

Hi Kryse,

Welcome to the 7forums.

Please read BSOD Posting Instructions & How to upload files

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/383646-random-bsods-caused-ntoskrnl-exe-either-if-computer-idle-not.html
Relevancy 83.85%

Hello im new here and this is my first post Im getting a BSOD but only while ndis.sys) games while (ntoskrnl.exe playing BSOD internet. browsing or my ram memory modules is at XMP profile mhz if i select profile mhz then its not happening and i really want to know why its happening cause my MB and CPU supports the ram at that speed Sometime im trying to change TRP TRCD TRAS and getting like a more time while playing or browsing net till i get BSOD One more thing i know its not on this page but when im playing games or browsing sometimes when i dont get a BSOD the Mozila or some game is just crashing with no error logs or nothing just straight to desktop About net browsing blue screen if i have only tab open and its not a flash player plugin tab like then i dont get a BSOD but when i have or more tabs open like lisening to music and downloading something surfing the net then suddently the BSOD happens BSOD while playing games or browsing internet. (ntoskrnl.exe ndis.sys) Thanks in advance and sorry for my bad english

A:BSOD while playing games or browsing internet. (ntoskrnl.exe ndis.sys)

It appears your installation is counterfeit, no support may be provided until a genuine activation has been used on a clean install.

Troubleshooting a counterfeit installation is useless as it is not known what has been modified to your system.
A counterfeit installation contains heavily modified code which causes the system to behave in unexpected ways.
For this reason, analyzing counterfeit systems is unreliable and analysts won't try it.

I recommend to install a genuine copy of Windows.
If, after you have installed a genuine copy of Windows, you still get BSOD's we'll be happy to assist you.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/402084-bsod-while-playing-games-browsing-internet-ntoskrnl-exe-ndis-sys.html
Relevancy 83.85%

About a half a year ago I've bought a totally new PC configuration. It went clearly but in the last one and a half month i started to get BSOD. The problem is coming mostly during playing games but sometimes on a clear desktop the PC reset with a BSOD. I tried to solve it by searching the error code on the internet but so far no result. I tried to reinstall windwos with full updates, only the important driver updates, with new and old drivers. I tried to reproducate the mistake. But after a pure install the bsod happens. Mostly dxgmms1.sys and ntoskrnl.exe, but it is in the attachment. The PC comes with a guarantee/warrant decal so i can't make hardware modifications but i had to make sure it is not a software problem because they don't take it back...
I've alredy done memtest without any problems.
I really appreceate any help. Thank you for replying.

A:BSOD Playing games and sometimes totally random dxgmms1.sys + ntoskrnl

Hello Thiri and welcome to Sevenforums.

BSOD Analyse

I suspect both your Direct-X and Graphics Driver to be a causer. First of, do the below tutorial in order for a clean reinstallation of the Graphics Driver.
1) Nvidia tutorial

i) Make your way to Nvidia Drivers - Download NVIDIA Drivers and download the latest driver for your card, save it to your desktop for instance.
ii) Uninstall the Graphic driver you currently have and all its extensions (do not reboot yet)
iii) Download Driver Sweeper
iv) Get to safe mode (without network) and search for Driver Sweeper in your
v) Select all the Nvidia components and analyse them
vi) Clean them, head into Windows without internet and install the driver you downloaded previously.
2) ATI tutorial

i) Make your way to ATI Drivers - Downloads and download the latest driver for your card, save it to your desktop for instance
ii) Uninstall the Graphic driver you currently have and all its extensions (do not reboot yet)
iii) Download Driver Sweeper
iv) Get to safe mode (without network) and search for Driver Sweeper in your
v) Select all the ATI components and analyse them
vi) Clean them, head into Windows without internet and install the driver you've downloaded previously.
Direct-X

There's also some pointers to your Direct-X files. Option one is that it could be the Direct-X files. Option two is that it could be a part of the Windows system files, as Direct-X is a part of that. To be one the safe side, update your Direct-X files.

Download: DirectX End-User Runtime - Microsoft Download Center - Download Details

SFC /scannow

We usually ask people to do this command to check if Windows is corrupted. It's the most common one used to check if the Windows files are corrupted. If it'll find errors, it'll restore them.

Tip
If you're having a custom customization layer on your Aero, it's likely to get restored to default.
Press Start | search 'cmd' | Right-click it
| open as Admin | type SFC /SCANNOW

SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker

Best Regards,
Frederik.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/243578-bsod-playing-games-sometimes-totally-random-dxgmms1-sys-ntoskrnl.html
Relevancy 83.85%

I've been struggling with these random BSOD's only while playing games (mainly World of Warcraft) and they are random. Some days I get none, others I get 2-3 per day. From what I've read and heard from friends, these issues are probably due to DirectX, my GPU and or RAM. Perhaps it is another process interfering? Thanks in advance for the help. I've attached the recent minidumps.

A:BSOD - dxgmms1.sys, ntoskrnl.exe 0x50 and 0xD1 Playing Games

Here are the dump files again in accordance with the SF diagnostic tool.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/317892-bsod-dxgmms1-sys-ntoskrnl-exe-0x50-0xd1-playing-games.html
Relevancy 83.85%

hi i have this problem BSOD whale am playing quot bf quot i try to renstall OC same problem my freind tell me its heat problem so i open the case and i have stand fan and i trun Air cooling on and my heat whale am playing i use quot CPUID HWMonitorPro quot cpu - gpu - so what the problem and when the BSOD show on and i restart my PC sometime show black screen Quote Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key sometime don't starting win normal the last BSOD when i shutdown and turn it on in the disktop showd this massage Quote Problem signature Problem Event games "win23k.sys\ntoskrnl.exe whale playing BSOD i Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BSOD whale i playing games "win23k.sys\ntoskrnl.exe BCCode BCP FFFFF C CF BCP BCP FFFFF E CD BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users ALI-HERO AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml Read our privacy statement online Windows Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows If the online privacy statement is not available please read our privacy statement offline C Windows system en-US erofflps txt MY PC win ut bit i - GHz gtx gb oc ram gb ps w quot i don't know model name '' hdd gb WD this crash file quot dmp quot -Ali

A:BSOD whale i playing games "win23k.sys\ntoskrnl.exe

I can't confirm this with a Kernel Memory Dump as a minidump doesn't contain much.

You could try Memtest86.
Memtest86 will test your RAM

Information

Run Memtest86 for at least 8 passes so we get enough information to confirm that your RAM isn't failing

I also presume that these events were happening before you changed your display driver?
And if so changing your display driver hasn't affected the frequency of the crash?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/332952-bsod-whale-i-playing-games-win23k-sys-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 83.85%

So been having recurring Bluescreens for a long time. They went away after I reduced the overclock as they were usually hal.dll errors but now I am getting ntoskrnl.exe errors. Any help?

A:BSOD when playing games, error 0x00000124, ntoskrnl.exe+14dca0

Edit: Could it be my GPU because the Core Clock was 50Hz higher than default?

My CPU is also overclocked but shouldn't be the problem I think

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/328583-bsod-when-playing-games-error-0x00000124-ntoskrnl-exe-14dca0.html
Relevancy 83.85%

This has happened twice PS3 Error BSOD ntoskrnl.exe 0x0000010d with controller. games playing now Once while playing a Dreamcast emulator nullDC and another time playing Super Street Fighter Arcade I think Chrome was running in the background during both I used this method https www youtube com watch v QQGHEujw to be BSOD playing games with PS3 controller. Error 0x0000010d ntoskrnl.exe able to use my DualShock controller to play these games I ditched MotionJoy because of suspicious activity phoning home to BSOD playing games with PS3 controller. Error 0x0000010d ntoskrnl.exe China etc Computer PC Desktop Computer Manufacturer Model Number Custom OS Windows Home Premium bit BSOD playing games with PS3 controller. Error 0x0000010d ntoskrnl.exe CPU AMD Athlon II X Propus GHz Socket AM W Quad-Core Motherboard ASUS M A -M AM AM AM AMD G HDMI Micro ATX Memory PNY Optima GB x GB -Pin DDR Graphics Card ATI Radeon HD Hard Drives Western Digital WD Black WD FAEX TB RPM MB Cache SATA Gb s quot Internal Fantom Drives G-Force TB External Pulled to make it internal Seagate Expansion TB Black Desktop Hard Drive External If there's any other info I can give to be of help I'd be glad Googling points that this is probably a driver related error most likely for the Playstation controller But something more concrete or alternatives would be greatly appreciated

A:BSOD playing games with PS3 controller. Error 0x0000010d ntoskrnl.exe

Hi l3uster.

Sincere apologies for such a belated response. I was not very active in the technical threads for a few days due to some personal reasons.

Can you uninstall the MotioninJoy simulate Xbox 360 controller (virtual Xinput device) driver, and install an earlier version? The version that you are using is crash prone; it is a very widely seen issue; and it is failing in your case, too.

Code:
fffff880`0a5d1ae8 fffff880`0736563aUnable to load image \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\MijXfilt.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for MijXfilt.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for MijXfilt.sys
MijXfilt+0x363a
Let us know the situation with an earlier version of MotioninJoy Virtual Xinput device Filter Driver is installed.
__________________________________________________________________________________________

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 10D, {5, 0, 1202, fffffa8003d47580}

Probably caused by : Wdf01000.sys ( Wdf01000!imp_WdfUsbTargetDeviceSendControlTransferSynchronously+8a )

---------

* Bugcheck Analysis *

WDF_VIOLATION (10d)
The Kernel-Mode Driver Framework was notified that Windows detected an error
in a framework-based driver. In general, the dump file will yield additional
information about the driver that caused this bug check.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000005, A framework object handle of the incorrect type was passed to
a framework object method.
Arg2: 0000000000000000, The handle value passed in.
Arg3: 0000000000001202, Reserved.
Arg4: fffffa8003d47580, Reserved.

Debugging Details:
------------------
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x10D_5

PROCESS_NAME: Better DS3.exe

CURRENT_IRQL: 0

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from fffff88000f46a46 to fffff800034d4bc0

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`0a5d17c8 fffff880`00f46a46 : 00000000`0000010d 00000000`00000005 00000000`00000000 00000000`00001202 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`0a5d17d0 00000000`00000000 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : Wdf01000!imp_WdfUsbTargetDeviceSendControlTransferSynchronously+0x8a

FOLLOWUP_IP:
Wdf01000!imp_WdfUsbTargetDeviceSendControlTransferSynchronously+8a
fffff880`00f46a46 cc int 3

SYMBOL_STACK_INDEX: 1

SYMBOL_NAME: Wdf01000!imp_WdfUsbTargetDeviceSendControlTransferSynchronously+8a

MODULE_NAME: Wdf01000

IMAGE_NAME: Wdf01000.sys

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 51c51641

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x10D_5_Wdf01000!imp_WdfUsbTargetDeviceSendControlTransferSynchronously+8a

BUCKET_ID: X64_0x10D_5_Wdf01000!imp_WdfUsbTargetDeviceSendControlTransferSynchronously+8a

---------

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/317225-bsod-playing-games-ps3-controller-error-0x0000010d-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 83.85%

hi i have this problem BSOD whale am playing quot bf quot i try to renstall OC same problem my freind tell me its heat problem so i open the case and i have stand fan and i trun Air cooling on and my i "win23k.sys\ntoskrnl.exe games whale playing BSOD heat whale am playing i use quot CPUID HWMonitorPro quot cpu - gpu - so what the problem and when the BSOD show on and i restart my PC BSOD whale i playing games "win23k.sys\ntoskrnl.exe sometime show black screen Reboot and select proper boot device or insert boot media in selected boot device and press a key sometime don't starting win normal the last BSOD when i shutdown and turn it on in the disktop showd this massage Attachment Problem signature Problem Event Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode BCP FFFFF C CF BCP BCP FFFFF E CD BCP OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users ALI-HERO AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml Read our privacy statement online Windows Privacy Statement - Microsoft Windows If the online privacy statement is not available please read our privacy statement offline C Windows system en-US erofflps txt MY PC win ut bit i - GHz gtx gb oc ram gb ps w quot i don't know model name '' hdd gb WD this crash file quot dmp quot -Ali

A:BSOD whale i playing games "win23k.sys\ntoskrnl.exe

Please provide this information so we can provide a complete analysis (from the Pinned Topic at the top of the forum): Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions Please use Option 1 as it provides Event Viewer logs.

This is a Windows 7 system - you may be better served by the experts at Windows 7 Help Forums

There is only 1 memory dump in the upload.
Without further info I have 3 suggestions:
1) Get ALL available Windows Updates (it may take several trips to get them all). You MUST install Service Pack 1!!!
2) Start with these free hardware diagnostics: Hardware Diagnostics
3) If the hardware diagnostics pass, then please run Driver Verifier according to these instructions: Driver Verifier Settings

Analysis:
The following is for informational purposes only.

Code:
**************************Tue May 27 22:51:56.167 2014 (UTC - 4:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\John\SysnativeBSODApps\052814-23649-01.dmp]
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7600 MP (4 procs) Free x64
Missing Windows 7 Service Pack 1
Built by: 7600.16385.amd64fre.win7_rtm.090713-1255
System Uptime:0 days 1:16:49.510
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for cdd.dll
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for cdd.dll
Probably caused by :cdd.dll ( cdd+2566 )
BugCheck 50, {fffff900c3467cf0, 0, fffff9600022e6cd, 0}
BugCheck Info: PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (50)
Arguments:
Arg1: fffff900c3467cf0, memory referenced.
Arg2: 0000000000000000, value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation.
Arg3: fffff9600022e6cd, If non-zero, the instruction address which referenced the bad memory
address.
Arg4: 0000000000000000, (reserved)
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x50
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID: WIN7_DRIVER_FAULT
PROCESS_NAME: bf4.exe
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: X64_0x50_cdd+2566
CPUID: "Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3330 CPU @ 3.00GHz"
MaxSpeed: 3000
CurrentSpeed: 2993
BIOS Version F15
BIOS Release Date 10/23/2013
Manufacturer Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.
Product Name To be filled by O.E.M.

3rd Party Drivers:
The following is for information purposes only.
Any drivers in red should be updated or removed from your system. And should have been discussed in the body of my post.

Code:
**************************Tue May 27 22:51:56.167 2014 (UTC - 4:00)**************************
amdxata.sys Tue May 19 13:56:59 2009 (4A12F2EB)
intelppm.sys Mon Jul 13 19:19:25 2009 (4A5BC0FD)
cpuz135_x64.sys Mon Dec 27 08:35:24 2010 (4D18961C)
athurx.sys Thu Oct 6 06:10:34 2011 (4E8D7E9A)
idmwfp.sys Wed Nov 27 09:24:10 2013 (5296008A)
nvhda64v.sys Thu Nov 28 08:38:09 2013 (52974741)
nvvad64v.sys Fri Mar 28 09:32:06 2014 (533579D6)
NvStreamKms.sys Tue Apr 29 20:59:44 2014 (53604B00)
nvlddmkm.sys Mon May 19 19:08:44 2014 (537A8EFC)

http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=intelppm.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=cpuz135_x64.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=athurx.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=idmwfp.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=nvhda64v.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=nvvad64v.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=NvStreamKms.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=nvlddmkm.sys

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/47113-bsod-whale-i-playing-games-win23k-sys-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 82.99%

heres the Debuggin report Problem signature Problem Event Random Games Internet BSOD based java Playing caused by wininit crash Name BlueScreen OS Version Locale ID Additional information about the problem BCCode f BCP BCP FFFFFA E BCP FFFFFA E A BCP FFFFF D C B OS Version Service Pack Product Files that help describe the problem C Windows Minidump - - dmp C Users AlwaysMovingForward AppData Local Temp WER- - sysdata xml Read our privacy statement online Windows Privacy BSOD Playing java based Internet Games Random crash caused by wininit Statement - Microsoft Windows If the online privacy statement is not available please read our privacy statement offline C Windows system en-US erofflps txt Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version AMD Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved Loading Dump File C Windows Minidump - - dmp Mini Kernel Dump File Only registers and stack trace are available Symbol search path is srv c symbols http msdl microsoft com download symbols Executable search path is Windows Kernel Version Service Pack MP procs Free x Product WinNt suite TerminalServer SingleUserTS Personal Built by amd fre win sp gdr - Machine Name Kernel base xfffff a c PsLoadedModuleList xfffff c Debug session time Tue Dec UTC - System Uptime days Loading Kernel Symbols Loading User Symbols Loading unloaded module list Bugcheck Analysis Use analyze -v to get detailed debugging information BugCheck F fffffa e fffffa e a fffff d c b Probably caused by wininit exe Followup MachineOwner --------- and i used sfc scannow and this pop'd up Beginning verification phase of system scan verification complete Windows Resource protection did not find any integrity voilations ---- System Details Its an Acer Aspire Has windows Home Premium orginally installed Installed Physical memory - gig Available Physical memory - gig total virtual memory gig available virtual memory gig Bios Version date Phoenix technologies Ltd v SMBIOS Version My system is only around a year and a half old and i take very good care of it ---- My system has crashed before for the same reason and i tried to restore my computer and nothing happened so i whiped it and put new windows on it and that fixed it for a few months but this is getting ridiculous and i really need the data on this harddrive any help at all is appricated may have uploaded a file twice sorry if i did

A:BSOD Playing java based Internet Games Random crash caused by wininit

heres the upload of the system health report i left out

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/209648-bsod-playing-java-based-internet-games-random-crash-caused-wininit.html
Relevancy 82.56%

So it went a way for two weeks when error 0x00000124, (5logs) ntoskrnl.exe+153fa0 playing BSOD games, my blue screen errors and now reappearing again I've ran memtest prime and furmark and all passed Here is an analysis of one of the logs from OSR Online Analysis Code TRIAGER Could not open triage file e dump analysis program triage modclass ini error BUGCHECK STR x GenuineIntel CUSTOMER CRASH BSOD when playing games, error 0x00000124, ntoskrnl.exe+153fa0 (5logs) COUNT DEFAULT BUCKET ID WIN DRIVER FAULT PROCESS NAME chrome exe CURRENT BSOD when playing games, error 0x00000124, ntoskrnl.exe+153fa0 (5logs) IRQL f STACK TEXT ffffd e cf nt KeBugCheckEx STACK COMMAND kb FOLLOWUP NAME MachineOwner MODULE NAME GenuineIntel IMAGE NAME GenuineIntel DEBUG FLR IMAGE TIMESTAMP FAILURE BUCKET ID X x GenuineIntel PROCESSOR CACHE BUCKET ID X x GenuineIntel PROCESSOR CACHE Followup MachineOwner In all of the logs it refers to Genuine Intel so I'm guessing it's the CPU problem Any more help anyone can give It's overclocked but has been for weeks working fine and all of a sudden these issues BSOD when playing games, error 0x00000124, ntoskrnl.exe+153fa0 (5logs) started to arise Build Intel i - k Kingston Hyper X GB x GB Modules AMD R - x Asus Z -a Corsair TX v Samsung Pro Series GB SSD TB Western Digital Blue HDD OS is on SSD Any help

A:BSOD when playing games, error 0x00000124, ntoskrnl.exe+153fa0 (5logs)

Can no one help me?

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/330615-bsod-when-playing-games-error-0x00000124-ntoskrnl-exe-153fa0-5logs.html
Relevancy 82.56%

I frequently get BSOD's at the same crash address (ntoskrnl.exe+7cc40) but with different bug strings:

IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL
SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION
PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED

I usually get it while actively using my computer. I have tried to reinstall windows but it still happens as well as updated all drivers. I have run memtest overnight with no issues as well. I have also reseated all my memory and video card as well.

CPU: AMD Phenom?II X6 1100T Six-Core CPU w/ HyperTransport Technology
VIDEO: AMD Radeon HD 6950 2GB GDDR5 16X PCIe Video Card [+152] (Major Brand Powered by AMD)

Thank you so much for your help! I am grateful that there are experts that are willing to help out with computer issues.

Thanks,

Lam

A:BSOD while watching streams or playing video games, ntoskrnl.exe+7cc40

New crashes are attached. Does anybody have any fixes?

Thanks a ton!

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/202104-bsod-while-watching-streams-playing-video-games-ntoskrnl-exe-7cc40.html
Relevancy 78.69%

Got my first blue screen of death tonight had firefox opened one watching youtube video another browsing internet After bsod /adress (ntoskrnl.exe+72a40) caused by driver (ntoskrnl.exe) BSOD it restarted i login but just black screen with cursor ctrl alt delete worked so i shut my computer down Boot up normally after check my minidump file bsod cause BSOD caused by driver (ntoskrnl.exe) /adress (ntoskrnl.exe+72a40) by ntoskrnl exe Did little search on google find BSOD caused by driver (ntoskrnl.exe) /adress (ntoskrnl.exe+72a40) has to do with ram and hard drive Downloaded wd data life guard diagnostic for my mechanic drive which is healthy but my ssd on shows failed end to end error rate value threshold worst is all in SMART statue Im not sure if i can trust this wd diagnostic on my crucial ssd there are alot of unknown in SMART statue too Theres no ssd diagnotic for crucial there is a firmware not sure if it helps So i downloaded and ran crystaldiskinfo on my ssd health statues says good it doesnt say end to end error rate like wd Instead same ID B line says quot unused reserve nand blocks quot instead Is my ssd good i havent ran a test on my ram yet This is almost month old build Asrock x x killer i k gtx w crucial x gb crucial gb ssd wd blue tb Heres info of bsod with bluescreenview Bug Check String- IRQL GT ZERO AT SYSTEM SERVICE Bug Check Code - x a Parameter - dc a Parameter - Parameter - Parameter - fffff b Caused By Driver- ntoskrnl exe Caused By Address- ntoskrnl exe a File Description- NT Kernel amp System

A:BSOD caused by driver (ntoskrnl.exe) /adress (ntoskrnl.exe+72a40)

Blue Screen of Death (BSOD) Posting Instructions

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/367819-bsod-caused-driver-ntoskrnl-exe-adress-ntoskrnl-exe-72a40.html
Relevancy 73.1%

Greetings Seven Team,

I recently continue to get the crash error 0x0d1 and 0x01e while simply idle on my computer and when playing tera+vindictus, (My computer also freezes while I am idle) I have

1. Scanned for malware and viruses

2.Ran mem test (Has not detected anything false

3. Checked my games performance and updates

I still have not found anything wrong with my programs and or my computer. Everything was fine about 2 days ago and now everything has turned upside down with my computer. Please lend me assistance as soon as possible it continues to happen and I can barely stay on my computer for even more than an hour. I will upload my dump files below.

Note: I have updated my graphics card to its latest and I have removed my Norton because it was apparently a problem and replaced it with malwarebytes/ Microsoft security essentials

A:0x0d1 + 0x01e While idle and Playing games

Welcome to the forums E0nW0lf,

Code:
BugCheck D1, {fffff880012fdd18, 2, 8, fffff880012fdd18}

Probably caused by : Ntfs.sys ( Ntfs! ?? ::NNGAKEGL::`string'+2bf0 )

Code:
Usual causes: Device driver
This bugcheck suggests that device driver have been attempted to access invalid memory addresses and perform read operations, and then interrupt the process whilst the IRQL level is too high.

Code:
3: kd> lmvm atikmdag
start end module name
fffff880`0480d000 fffff880`053aa000 atikmdag T (no symbols)
Image path: \SystemRoot\system32\DRIVERS\atikmdag.sys
Timestamp: Wed Jun 05 00:03:11 2013 (51AE722F)
CheckSum: 00B4F8F0
ImageSize: 00B9D000
I think you may have the Beta version of the driver installed, please install the latest WHQL driver which is available here: AMD Graphics Drivers & Software

Quote:
WHQL
Release Date: April 24th 2013
Version: 13.4
In Device Manager: 12.104

You only have 145 Windows Updates installed, I have currently 205 Windows Updates installed, please install all the available Windows Updates which will bring many stability and security improvements to your operating system.Start
Type: Windows Update
Check for Updates/Install Updates
Reboot (if prompted)

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/294792-0x0d1-0x01e-while-idle-playing-games.html
Relevancy 72.24%

For the past month my computer has been having BSODs 0x1000001e. It happens about 2-3 times a day while my computer is both idle and while I am playing games or just talking to friends on skype. I attached all the files that is asked me to.Attachment 300930
Computer just blue screen again. this time instead of 0x1000001e this time i got 0x0000000a

A:BSODs 0x1000007e both idle and while playing video games

Welcome to the forum.

Please carry out the steps below:

Based on the bugchecks, I would recommend you follow and complete the steps given below:1. If you are overclocking any hardware, please stop. Reset any changed values back to default and reset/clear CMOS: Clear CMOS - 3 Ways to Clear the CMOS - Reset BIOS. Uninstall any overclocking tool as these can also be a reason of blue screens.

2. Uninstall your current antivirus software. It can be a cause of BSOD very often. Please remove it with its removal tool and use Microsoft Security Essentials in its place. Malwarebytes is a great combination with it. Go through this thread for more info.

3. Run Disk Check with both boxes checked for all HDDs and with Automatically fix file system errors. Post back your logs for the checks after finding them using Check Disk (chkdsk) - Read Event Viewer Log

4. Run SFC /SCANNOW Command - System File Checker to check windows for integrity violations. Run it up to three times to fix all errors. Post back if it continues to show errors after a fourth run or if the first run comes back with no integrity violations.

5. Make scans with Kaspersky TDSskiller and ESET Online scanner.

6. Perform a Clean Start up, this will help avoid any problematic applications from bugging the system.

7. Use Revo Uninstaller Free to uninstall stubborn software. Opt for Advanced Mode and uninstall the software, delete the leftover registry entries.

8. Use Crystal Disk Info to upload a screenshot of your Hard Drives (s). Test your Hard Drives (s) running a Hard Drive Diag.

9. Test and Diagnose RAM issues with RAM - Test with Memtest86+. Pay close attention to Part 3 of the tutorial "If you have errors" Take the test for at least 7-10 passes. It may take up to 22 passes to find problems. Make sure to run it once after the system has been on for a few hours and is warm, and then also run it again when the system has been off for a few hours and is cold.

10. Monitor hardware temperature for overheating issues with system monitoring software like Speccy or HWMonitor. Upload a screen shot of the Summary tab as well:Piriform - Speccy
CPUID - HWMonitor

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/317752-bsods-0x1000007e-both-idle-while-playing-video-games.html
Relevancy 71.81%

Hi Would really appreciate if someone can help This started to happen all of a sudden for over a week When I shutdown or restart the computer it shows quot Shutting down quot and a spinning wheel for a long time I usually ntoskrnl.exe by BSOD caused walk away to do something else When I come back after a while it'll show the login screen After logging in it'll prompt saying that my computer has experienced a crash or something like that Once I stayed through the rebooting process and noticed a flash of BSOD after like minutes of the quot Shutting down quot message being shown Sure enough Blue Screen Viewer shows many BSODs occurred Since then I've tried to restore the system to earlier images that worked for me before None works after a few rounds of Windows updates I've also updated all BSOD caused by ntoskrnl.exe the major drivers on the BSOD caused by ntoskrnl.exe system Again it doesn't work I do have those memory dump files but I'm not sure how to upload one Here is what I got from OSR Online Windows Kernel Version Service Pack MP procs Free x Product WinNt suite TerminalServer SingleUserTS Built by BSOD caused by ntoskrnl.exe amd fre win sp gdr - Machine Name Kernel base xfffff e PsLoadedModuleList xfffff Debug session time Tue Aug UTC - System Uptime days Bugcheck Analysis DRIVER POWER STATE FAILURE f A driver has failed to complete a power IRP within a specific time usually minutes Arguments Arg A device object has been blocking an Irp for too long a time Arg fffffa afe Physical Device Object of the stack Arg fffff e d nt TRIAGE F POWER on Win otherwise the Functional Device Object of the stack Arg fffffa e c The blocked IRP Debugging Details ------------------ Either you specified an unqualified symbol or your debugger doesn't have full symbol information Unqualified symbol resolution is turned off by default Please either specify a fully qualified symbol module symbolname or enable resolution of unqualified symbols by typing quot symopt- quot Note that enabling unqualified symbol resolution with network symbol server shares in the symbol path may cause the debugger to appear to hang for long periods of time when an incorrect symbol name is typed or the network symbol server is down For some commands to work properly your symbol path must point to pdb files that have full type information Certain pdb files such as the public OS symbols do not contain the required information Contact the group that provided you with these symbols if you need this command to work Type referenced NT DEVICE OBJECT Either you specified an unqualified symbol or your debugger doesn't have full symbol information Unqualified symbol resolution is turned off by default Please either specify a fully qualified symbol module symbolname or enable resolution of unqualified symbols by typing quot symopt- quot Note that enabling unqualified symbol resolution with network symbol server shares in the symbol path may cause the debugger to appear to hang for long periods of time when an incorrect symbol name is typed or the network symbol server is down For some commands to work properly your symbol path must point to pdb files that have full type information Certain pdb files such as the public OS symbols do not contain the required information Contact the group that provided you with these symbols if you need this command to work Type referenced nt IRP Either you specified an unqualified symbol or your debugger doesn't have full symbol information Unqualified symbol resolution is turned off by default Please either specify a fully qualified symbol module symbolname or enable resolution of unqualified symbols by typing quot symopt- quot Note that enabling unqualified symbol resolution with network symbol server shares in the symbol path may cause the debugger to appear to hang for long periods of time when an incorrect symbol name is typed or the network symbol server is down For some commands to work properly your symbol path must point to pdb files tha... Read more

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/4f64bd70-e681-40ad-8e1a-4e8fdea0ce8f/bsod-caused-by-ntoskrnlexe?forum=w7itprogeneral
Relevancy 71.81%

Hello, i really need your help hier. My PC is crashed and frozen randomly ( while watching movies, youtube. surf net ) and I cant do anything but hard reset. Here ist the dump file, hope that you guys can read and tell me how to fix it.
My specs:
AMD Phenom II 1055T 6x2,8ghz
ASUS M4N68T-M LE
ATI Radeon HD5830

Thank you very much!!!

A:Help please, BSOD caused by ntoskrnl.exe

please folow this posting instructions:

http://www.sevenforums.com/crashes-d...tructions.html

i think you shuld update your graphic card drivers...

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/119459-help-please-bsod-caused-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 71.81%

Hey guys;

I searched these forums for other posts; and generally people just suggested repairing windows.

When i try an repair my windows 7 (Ultimate 64bit) it tells me it cannot upgrade my system to 32bit, and yes i have been clicking x64 when i choose my system type.

Ill dump the Bluescreen viewer reports here as well as the report/.

Thanks for the help guys.

A:BSOD being caused by ntoskrnl.exe

Welcome to the forum. I am sorry your are having problems.

Both of your dumps blame memory corruption and do not point to any specific cause.

Quote:
Error code A, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. Usually causes: Kernel mode driver, System Service, BIOS, Windows, Virus scanner, Backup tool, compatibility

Error code 1E, KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED . Usual causes: Device driver, hardware, System service, compatibility, Remote control programs, memory, BIOS

Code:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`02a14000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`02c51e50
Debug session time: Fri Oct 8 17:08:19.452 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 4:31:44.294
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck A, {fffffa8050910220, 2, 1, fffff80002aa9b7f}

Probably caused by : memory_corruption ( nt!MiReplenishPageSlist+100 )

---------

0: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Arguments:
Arg1: fffffa8050910220, memory referenced
Arg3: 0000000000000001, bitfield :
bit 3 : value 0 = not an execute operation, 1 = execute operation (only on chips which support this level of status)
Arg4: fffff80002aa9b7f, address which referenced memory

Debugging Details:
------------------
WRITE_ADDRESS: GetPointerFromAddress: unable to read from fffff80002cbc0e0
fffffa8050910220

FAULTING_IP:
nt!MiReplenishPageSlist+100
fffff800`02aa9b7f f00fba6b1000 lock bts dword ptr [rbx+10h],0

PROCESS_NAME: rundll32.exe

TRAP_FRAME: fffff88007346010 -- (.trap 0xfffff88007346010)
rax=0000000001adb00b rbx=0000000000000000 rcx=fdffffffffffffff
rdx=0000000000000050 rsi=0000000000000000 rdi=0000000000000000
rip=fffff80002aa9b7f rsp=fffff880073461a0 rbp=fffffa8005100730
r8=fffff80002cbe400 r9=fffffa8005100000 r10=fffffa8005100750
r11=fffff880073461f8 r12=0000000000000000 r13=0000000000000000
r14=0000000000000000 r15=0000000000000000
iopl=0 nv up ei pl nz na po nc
nt!MiReplenishPageSlist+0x100:
fffff800`02aa9b7f f00fba6b1000 lock bts dword ptr [rbx+10h],0 ds:5820:00000000`00000010=????????
Resetting default scope

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from fffff80002a83ca9 to fffff80002a84740

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`07345ec8 fffff800`02a83ca9 : 00000000`0000000a fffffa80`50910220 00000000`00000002 00000000`00000001 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`07345ed0 fffff800`02a82920 : fffffa80`07b08b00 fffffa80`50910210 fffffa80`07ea5820 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiBugCheckDispatch+... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/116733-bsod-being-caused-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 71.81%

HI

I bough this Acer V3-571G-9435 laptop on Aug 20, 2012 and replaced the original HDD with OCZ vertex 3 240GB SSD before I star it up. I installed Win7 Home Premium 64 bit version.

Here is the hardware information of the laptop:
CPU: intel i7-3610QM
Memory: Kingston DDR3-1333 2GB & A-Data DDR3-1333 4GB
Graphic card: nVidia GT640M
SDD: OCZ vertex 3 240GB
HDD: Seagate ST9500325AS 500GB 5400 RPM 8MB Cache 2.5" SATA

I have experienced BSOD three times caused by DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE related with ntoskrnl.exe.

The first BSOD on Aug 24 was probably related with a heavy CPU usage of a crsytallographic computation. I realized one of the eight threads was 100% used for a couple minutes before the crash.

I replaced optical drive with the original HDD on Aug 25 and updated the bios.
Two BSOD happened today and I wonder if they are related with drivers and how to fix them.

Thank you.

Luke

A:BSOD caused by ntoskrnl.exe

Welcome
Go to the Nvidia website and update driver
nvlddmkm.sys

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/249386-bsod-caused-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 71.81%

Windows crashed while I was playing Dragon Age Origins. Can someone help me find out which driver or whatever caused this crash?

System info:
Windows 7 Ultimate x64 (retail)
Bought this computer a few weeks ago

Let me know if you guys need any more info.
Thanks a lot!

Hi, Luis, and welcome to the forum. Sorry you are having problems. As you noticed, the dump blames ntkrnlmp.exe. It is not likely the real cause as it is a Windows core system driver. More than likely it was affected by something else.

Quote:
Error code A, IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL. Usual causes: Kernel mode driver, System Service, BIOS, Windows, Virus scanner, Backup tool, compatibility.

Code:
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7600 MP (8 procs) Free x64
Built by: 7600.16617.amd64fre.win7_gdr.100618-1621
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`02c58000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`02e95e50
Debug session time: Sat Oct 23 11:39:20.144 2010 (GMT-4)
System Uptime: 0 days 1:38:48.316
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck A, {fffffa5c07c26c48, 2, 0, fffff80002cce945}

Probably caused by : ntkrnlmp.exe ( nt!SwapContext_PatchXSave+42 )

---------

* Bugcheck Analysis *

Arguments:
Arg1: fffffa5c07c26c48, memory referenced
Arg3: 0000000000000000, bitfield :
Arg4: fffff80002cce945, address which referenced memory

Debugging Details:
------------------
READ_ADDRESS: GetPointerFromAddress: unable to read from fffff80002f000e0
fffffa5c07c26c48

FAULTING_IP:
nt!SwapContext_PatchXSave+42
fffff800`02cce945 4983be1801000000 cmp qword ptr [r14+118h],0

PROCESS_NAME: svchost.exe

TRAP_FRAME: fffff880046ef640 -- (.trap 0xfffff880046ef640)
rax=0000000000000001 rbx=0000000000000000 rcx=fffff88006370e00
rdx=0000000000000000 rsi=0000000000000000 rdi=0000000000000000
rip=fffff80002cce945 rsp=fffff880046ef7d0 rbp=fffff88006370db0
r8=fffff88002f68700 r9=0000000000000000 r10=0000000000000027
r11=fffffa800817b010 r12=0000000000000000 r13=0000000000000000
iopl=0 nv up ei pl zr na po nc
nt!SwapContext_PatchXSave+0x42:
fffff800`02cce945 4983be1801000000 cmp qword ptr [r14+118h],0 ds:1f80:00000000`00000118=????????????????
Resetting default scope

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from fffff80002cc7ca9 to fffff80002cc8740

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`046ef4f8 fffff800`02cc7ca9 : 00000000`0000000a fffffa5c`07c26c48 00000000`00000002 00000000`00000000 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff880`046ef500 fffff800`02c... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/119898-bsod-caused-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 71.81%

Hi,
I'm facing various BSOD. After I open minidump files via Bluescreenview, it's caused by Ntoskrnl.exe.

Here's the minidump files
Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

Here's the screenshot of the Bluescreenview :

Please help, Thanks in advance

A:Various BSOD Caused by ntoskrnl.exe

CLIFFFLIP-PC-31_01_2016_131456_04.zip

here's the log generated by DM Log Creator

http://www.tenforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/39210-various-bsod-caused-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 71.81%

Hello There
Since a while my computer gets Blue Screens this tends to happen only once a day, around 10 minutes after i turn the computer on usually when i play battlefield 3 or View news in Firefox ( Graphic related i think ) so this error happens only once and after i restart, it doesn't happens again

I have tested memory yesterday with a Linux men test but there are no errors
BIOS is set to standard and updated as well
Graphic Drivers are Updated

I have no other ideas what it could be

Here are the dump log files, if something else needs to be provided please let me know

LOGO-PC-22_05_2015_193505,70.zip
Dmp01.jpg

thanks in advance for any suggestions and your time

A:BSOD Caused by ntoskrnl.exe

Hello Logo, welcome to 7F. There's only one dump in your log but it shows a couple of issues. The first one is ESET.
Code:
fffff880`084513e8 fffff880`03706a3eUnable to load image eamonm.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for eamonm.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for eamonm.sys
eamonm+0x1ca3e

Code:
fffff880`0844fff8 fffff880`052175d0Unable to load image epfwwfpr.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for epfwwfpr.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for epfwwfpr.sys
epfwwfpr+0x175d0
My recommendation here would be to uninstall ESET using the tool linked below.
Then install MS Security Essentials and MalwareBytes.

Note
Make sure you uncheck the 'Enable Free Trial' box when installing MalwareBytes.

Your Realtek Ethernet driver is also causing issues. It' very old and needs updating, check here for an updated version.
Code:
fffff880`08450988 fffff880`047392fb
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for Rt64win7.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for Rt64win7.sys
Rt64win7+0xc2fb

5: kd> lmvm Rt64win7
start end module name
fffff880`0472d000 fffff880`04784000 Rt64win7 T (no symbols)
Loaded symbol image file: Rt64win7.sys
Image path: Rt64win7.sys
Image name: Rt64win7.sys
Timestamp: Thu Mar 04 13:42:52 2010 (4B8FB8DC)
CheckSum: 000611C5
ImageSize: 00057000

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/370638-bsod-caused-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 71.81%

This is not the first time I've had a bsod. But this computer is the only computer where i have gotten 'ntoskrnl.exe' as a cause. Which from reading online is i guess some sort of default when no certain cause can be found without being found manually. Which is what i do not know what to do. I really hope someone can help me out here.

when my pc crashed i was waiting in character select of GW2, i was on that screen for about 10 mins or so. this is the first time I have even gotten a bsod during any time of game play, the game did just update upon start up.

the only software i have recently installed is mcafee. my most recent updates would be toshiba qosmio bios update, gw2, and mcafee update.

A:BSOD caused by ntoskrnl.exe.

Please follow the http://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...ta-452654.html to provide us with the full crash reports. .dmps are helpful, but often the other reports can help further by allowing us to give specific troubleshooting steps.

-----

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-caused-by-ntoskrnl-exe-680587.html
Relevancy 71.81%

I can not put my computer into sleep or hibernate. If I do, I get a BSOD. I reinstalled and installed the nvidia driver, tested it, and was able to sleep/hibernate. Then I updated and get a BSOD. I'm pretty sure it is a Windows update error. I did google searches and really didn't find anything that matched my problem entirely. Thanks for the help.

Quote: Originally Posted by deathmetalscott

I can not put my computer into sleep or hibernate. If I do, I get a BSOD. I reinstalled and installed the nvidia driver, tested it, and was able to sleep/hibernate. Then I updated and get a BSOD. I'm pretty sure it is a Windows update error. I did google searches and really didn't find anything that matched my problem entirely. Thanks for the help.

These were caused by your k57nd60a.sys driver. K57ND60A.SYS is related to Broadcom NetLink (TM) Gigabit Ethernet driver. Broadcom.com - Products

Update and re-install

Code:

Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.11.0001.404 X86
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\K\Desktop\dump\011511-22776-01.dmp]

DbsSplayTreeRangeMap::Add: ignoring zero-sized range at ?fffff800`00b9c510?
Symbol search path is: SRV*C:\SymCache*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols;srv*e:\symbols
*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7601 (Service Pack 1.721) MP (2 procs) Free x64
Built by: 7601.17105.amd64fre.win7sp1_rc.100929-1730
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`02a5a000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`02c9de90
Debug session time: Sat Jan 15 02:44:00.710 2011 (GMT-5)
System Uptime: 0 days 2:13:36.630
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 9F, {3, fffffa800473fa10, fffff80000b9c528, fffffa80045b8620}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for k57nd60a.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for k57nd60a.sys
Probably caused by : k57nd60a.sys

---------

0: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE (9f)
A driver is causing an inconsistent power state.
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000003, A device object has been blocking an Irp for too long a time
Arg2: fffffa800473fa10, Physical Device Object of the stack
Arg3: fffff80000b9c528, Functional Device Object of the stack
Arg4: fffffa80045b8620, The blocked IRP

Debugging Details:
------------------
DRVPOWERSTATE_SUBCODE: 3

IRP_ADDRESS: fffffa80045b8620

DEVICE_OBJECT: fffffa800527a050

DRIVER_OBJECT: fffffa800525f490

IMAGE_NAME: k57nd60a.sys

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 4c0e2c1d

MODULE_NAME: k57nd60a

FAULTING_MODULE: fffff8800470a000 k57nd60a

BUGCHECK_STR: 0x9F

LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from fffff80002b49579 to fffff80002adecc0

STACK_TEXT:
fffff800`00b9c4d8 fffff800`02b49579 : 00000000`0000009f 00000000`00000003 fffffa80`0473fa10 fffff800`00b9c528 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
fffff800`00b9c4e0 fffff800`02ad2e95 : fffff800`00b9c5d8 fffff800`00b9c5d8 fffff800`02c4d080 00000000`00000000 : nt! ?? ::FNODOBFM::`string'+0x35110
fff... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/138555-bsod-caused-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 71.81%

Hey guys, as the title says I've been getting BSOD about everyday now. I've tried troubleshooting on my own, but that hasn't worked. BCCode associated with them is either d1 or 9f (not sure if this helps).

I've attached the SF log.

I've run memtest86+ and haven't gotten a failure yet. I keep my laptop virus free. I believe my drivers are up to date.

Setup:
-HP dv6t-3100
-intel i5
-575 HDD
-6 RAM
-ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470 & Intel HD Graphics

Any help would be great. I will be going to sleep soon (go to work early) but I will be on all day tomorrow.

Thanks!

Please uninstall the following software with Revo Uninstaller:

Code:
Start Menu\Programs\Ad-Aware Antivirus
Start Menu\Programs\Auslogics\Disk Defrag
Start Menu\Programs\Glary Utilities 3

Note
Download and install Revo Uninstaller free from here: Download Revo Uninstaller FreewareOpt for "Advanced Mode" and uninstall the software (also delete the leftover registry entries).

Norton antivirus is a frequent cause of BSOD's. Uninstall all and any other antivirus software from your system. Please only keep Microsoft Security Essentials & the Free version of Malwarebytes, update and make full scans separately:Uninstallers (removal tools) for common antivirus software - ESET Knowledgebase

Help protect your PC with Microsoft Security Essentials

Malwarebytes Free Do not start the trial version of MalwareBytes

You may also take a look at:Good & Free System Security CombinationReduce items at start up:Performing a Clean Startup in Windows 7

Add, or Remove Startup Programs in Windows 7
Antivirus software is basically whats just needed there.

Use the System File Checker tool and Run Disk Check: Repair Windows 7 System Files with System File Checker

Run Disk Check in Windows 7 for Bad Sectors & ErrorsMonitor hardware temperature with system monitoring software like Speccy or HWMonitor:
Piriform - Speccy

CPUID - HWMonitorUpload a screenshot using:CrystalDiskInfo For how to upload a screenshot or file, read here

Test your Hard Drive by running:Hard Drive Diagnostic ProcedureInstall all updates including Service Pack 1 to your system.Learn how to install Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1)Bugcheck:

Code:
Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.2.9200.20512 X86

Loading Dump File [C:\Users\USER\Downloads\slicksax\SF_06-08-2013\080613-71713-01.dmp]

Symbol search path is: SRV*C:\SymCache*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7600 MP (4 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS Personal
Built by: 7600.17273.amd64fre.win7_gdr.130318-1532
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`03406000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`03642e70
Debug session time: Wed Aug 7 04:52:35.921 2013 (UTC + 6:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:07:27.139
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 50, {fffff80003c36082, 0, fffff8800a368d83, 2}

*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for SRTSPL64.SYS
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for SRTSPL64.SYS

Could not read faulting driver name
Probably caused by : SRTSPL64.SYS ( SRTSPL64+27d83 )

---------

* Bugcheck Analysis *

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA (50)
Invalid system memory was referenced... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/300183-bsod-caused-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 71.81%

I was running the Steam product Vindictus, which i have had no problems with in the past, when i recieved a BSOD. Checking the dump file, i saw the cause was ntoskrnl.exe. Over the next 4 hours, my computer restarted itself while i attempted to rectify the issue, with no BSOD. I have now updated every driver on my rig, and still receive the same restart, at various intervals when playing Vindictus.I have since ceased to play, and have ran a chkdisk, registry cleanup and full virus scan/virus update with no fix.

A "stop 0x124" is fundamentally different to many other types of bluescreens because it stems from a hardware complaint. Stop 0x124 minidumps contain very little practical information, and it is therefore necessary to approach the problem as a case of hardware in an unknown state of distress. You can read more on this error and what to try here... Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try: Stop 124 - What it means and what to try

Code:
Microsoft (R) Windows Debugger Version 6.2.9200.20512 AMD64
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\USER\Downloads\SF_18-12-2013\121813-48204-01.dmp]

Symbol search path is: SRV*c:\symbols*http://msdl.microsoft.com/download/symbols
Windows 7 Kernel Version 7601 (Service Pack 1) MP (8 procs) Free x64
Product: WinNt, suite: TerminalServer SingleUserTS Personal
Built by: 7601.18247.amd64fre.win7sp1_gdr.130828-1532
Machine Name:
Kernel base = 0xfffff800`03417000 PsLoadedModuleList = 0xfffff800`0365a6d0
Debug session time: Thu Dec 19 07:58:25.515 2013 (UTC + 6:00)
System Uptime: 0 days 0:00:11.639
Loading Kernel Symbols
Loading User Symbols
Mini Kernel Dump does not contain unloaded driver list
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 124, {0, fffffa800e66a038, 0, 0}

Probably caused by : AuthenticAMD

---------

1: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000000, Machine Check Exception
Arg2: fffffa800e66a038, Address of the WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure.
Arg3: 0000000000000000, High order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.
Arg4: 0000000000000000, Low order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.

Debugging Details:
------------------
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x124_AuthenticAMD

STACK_TEXT:
fffff880`0335b5b0 fffff800`036d7ca9 : fffffa80`0e66a010 fffffa80`0c85b040 fffff8a0`0000000d 00000000`00000000 : nt!WheapCreateLiveTriageDump+0x6c
fffff880`0335bad0 fffff800`035b8ea7 : fffffa80`0e66a010 fffff800`036322d8 fffffa80`0c85b040 00000000`00000000 : nt!WheapCreateTriageDumpFromPreviousSession+0x49
fffff880`0335bb00 fffff800`03520275 : fffff800`03693b40 00000000`00000001 fffffa80`0e564e60 fffffa80`0c85b040 : nt!WheapProcessWorkQueueItem+0x57
fffff880`0335bb40 fffff800`03496261 : fffff880`010b6e00 fffff800`03520250 fffffa80`0c85b000 00000000`0000055a : nt!WheapWorkQueueWorkerRoutine+0x25
fffff880`0335bb70 fffff800`037292ea : 00000000`00000000 fffffa80`0c85b040 00000000`00000080 fffffa80`0c6e9990 : nt!ExpWorkerThread+0x111
fffff880`0335bc00 fffff800`0347d8e6 : fffff880`0316d180 fffffa80`0c85b040 fffff880`031780c0 00000000`00000000 : nt!PspSystemThreadStartup+0x5a
fffff880`0335bc40 00000000`00000000 : fffff880`0335c000 fffff880`03356000 ... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/315655-bsod-caused-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 71.81%

Hi All,
I upgraded my PC from win8 to win8.1 and i get BSOD very frequently. Tried to solve it by update all drivers, but it doesn't helps.
I ran memory diagnostic before, it show no errors. Please advice.

Attached with my dump files.

Thanks in advance

A:BSOD caused by ntoskrnl.exe and hal.dll, need help!!

Code:
BugCheck A, {901d503, d, 1, fffff801ed4bd23f}
Probably caused by : hardware ( nt!KeClockInterruptNotify+34f )
---------
6: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *
Arguments:
Arg1: 000000000901d503, memory referenced
Arg2: 000000000000000d, IRQL
Arg3: 0000000000000001, bitfield :
Arg4: fffff801ed4bd23f, address which referenced memory
Debugging Details:
------------------

WRITE_ADDRESS: GetPointerFromAddress: unable to read from fffff801ed75d138
unable to get nt!MmNonPagedPoolStart
unable to get nt!MmSizeOfNonPagedPoolInBytes
000000000901d503
CURRENT_IRQL: d
FAULTING_IP:
nt!KeClockInterruptNotify+34f
fffff801`ed4bd23f 0000 add byte ptr [rax],al
ANALYSIS_VERSION: 6.3.9600.16384 (debuggers(dbg).130821-1623) amd64fre
TRAP_FRAME: ffffd000b99b8ba0 -- (.trap 0xffffd000b99b8ba0)
rax=000000000901d503 rbx=0000000000000000 rcx=0000000000000015
rdx=0000000000002930 rsi=0000000000000000 rdi=0000000000000000
rip=fffff801ed4bd23f rsp=ffffd000b99b8d30 rbp=01cf63690c220989
r8=0000000000148e25 r9=000000010940ff85 r10=0000000000200000
r11=0000000000000015 r12=0000000000000000 r13=0000000000000000
iopl=0 nv up di pl nz na po nc
nt!KeClockInterruptNotify+0x34f:
fffff801`ed4bd23f 0000 add byte ptr [rax],al ds:00000000`0901d503=??
Resetting default scope
MISALIGNED_IP:
LAST_CONTROL_TRANSFER: from fffff801ed568ae9 to fffff801ed55cfa0
STACK_TEXT:
ffffd000`b99b8a58 fffff801`ed568ae9 : 00000000`0000000a 00000000`0901d503 00000000`0000000d 00000000`00000001 : nt!KeBugCheckEx
ffffd000`b99b8a60 fffff801`ed56733a : 00000000`00000001 00000000`00000000 00000718`143ab000 ffffd000`b99b8ba0 : nt!KiBugCheckDispatch+0x69
ffffd000`b99b8ba0 fffff801`ed4bd23f : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00328c12 00000000`00000001 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiPageFault+0x23a
ffffd000`b99b8d30 fffff801`edb9a67f : fffff801`ed409000 fffff801`ed4f3426 ffffe001`05a017b0 fffff801`ed409000 : nt!KeClockInterruptNotify+0x34f
ffffd000`b99b8f40 fffff801`ed4d8363 : ffffe001`05a01700 fffff801`ed51073b ffff1ce7`0acb1412 00000000`00000000 : hal!HalpTimerClockInterrupt+0x4f
ffffd000`b99b8f70 fffff801`ed55e42a : ffffe001`05a01700 ffffe001`0c19a880 00000000`00000000 ffffe001`0588a900 : nt!KiCallInterruptServiceRoutine+0xa3
ffffd000`b99b8fb0 fffff801`ed55e80f : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiInterruptSubDispatchNoLockNoEtw+0xea
ffffd000`b99aaad0 00000000`00000000 : 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 00000000`00000000 : nt!KiInterruptDispatchLBControl+0x11f

FOLLOWUP_IP:
SYMBOL_STACK_INDEX: 3
SYMBOL_NAME: nt!KeClockInterruptNotify+34f
FOLLOWUP_NAME: Machin... Read more

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/45408-bsod-caused-ntoskrnl-exe-hal-dll-need-help.html
Relevancy 71.81%

Hello all,

I have been recently getting the BSOD while trying to repair my wireless connection. My wireless card keeps going in and out and when I try to use the Windows 7 repair it crashes. I have the 300MBPS Wireless 802.11n PCI Adapter manufactured by Edimax Tech. It is currently disconnected because it was giving me trouble. My RAM and HD are perfectly fine after testing it. I have the SF file and it will be attached. Thank you for your assistance in advance. If there is any more information that I can provide please let me know. Thank you!

-Alan

A:BSOD, Caused by ntoskrnl.exe

Hello darkelite. SPTD is present there in your system and causing some issues.

Code:
fffff800`00b9cbd0 fffff880`010d9cc0Unable to load image sptd.sys, Win32 error 0n2
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for sptd.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for sptd.sys
sptd+0x78cc0
Daemon Tools, Alcohol 120% and Power Archiver Pro uses SCSI Pass Through Direct (SPTD), which is a well known BSOD causer. Uninstall Alcohol 120% at first. Then download SPTD standalone installer from Disk-Tools.com, and execute the downloaded file as guided below :
Double click to open it.
Click this button only:

If it is grayed out, as in the picture, there is no more SPTD in your system, and you just close the window.
Uninstall AVG. Use Microsoft Security Essentials as your antivirus with windows inbuilt firewall, and free MBAM as the on demand scanner.
Download, install and update those, and then run full system scans with both of them, one by one.
Some other very important things are not properly loaded, but those may be caused by eithor or both of the aforesaid things. In the presence of those two, all the mishaps may happen. So let us know the situation after omitting those as suggested. Will decide our further steps depending on the further situation.

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/300626-bsod-caused-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 71.81%

Hello I have a problem and I hope you can help Thank you in advance by ntoskrnl.exe BSOD caused I am running AMD Athlon tm Dual-Core Processor GB RAM Asus M N -AM SE motherboard NVIDIA GeForce GT gb I have a pretty disturbing Problem with my Computer for BSOD caused by ntoskrnl.exe some time I am becoming irregularly BSOD I BSOD caused by ntoskrnl.exe was running a windows XP bit OS and I had problems with the sound and with different drivers I became a some BSOD and the cause according to the WDK Windows Debugging Tools minidump check was the driver of my TV-USB Stick then of my wireless-n usb BSOD caused by ntoskrnl.exe stick and at the end ntoskrnl exe At some point I even lost my HDD As I started the computer the HDD couldn't be find I have tested it on another computer and it was found Well I bought a new one for my PC and installed my XP again but I got again the BSODs At the end I thought that my bit XP doesn't work good on my system I got an Windows Professional bit licence through my University I have formatted the HDD and installed the brand new Windows bit OS I was running the computer for a good days I managed to install and prepare everything as it should be latest updates etc And today I got a new BSOD I opened the minidump with the WDK and the cause is ntoskrnl exe What is actually doing this ntoskrnl exe Why am do I still become this BSOD I have tested my memory with memtest and other programs Everything is ok I have also checked my brand new HDD and everything is ok I am going even a little crazy thinking of BIOS Viruses I need the PC for my research at the university and so on I can't lose it Here what I get by opening the minidump with WDK you can find the minidump attached Microsoft R Windows Debugger Version AMD Copyright c Microsoft Corporation All rights reserved Loading Dump File E Mini Dump Win - - dmp Mini Kernel Dump File Only registers and stack trace are available Symbol search path is Invalid Symbol loading may be unreliable without a symbol search path Use symfix to have the debugger choose a symbol path After setting your symbol path use reload to refresh symbol locations Executable search path is Symbols can not be loaded because symbol path is not initialized The Symbol Path can be set by using the NT SYMBOL PATH environment variable using the -y lt symbol path gt argument when starting the debugger using sympath and sympath Unable to load image SystemRoot system ntoskrnl exe Win error n WARNING Unable to verify timestamp for ntoskrnl exe ERROR Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for ntoskrnl exe Windows Kernel Version MP procs Free x Product WinNt suite TerminalServer SingleUserTS Built by amd fre win gdr - Machine Name Kernel base xfffff c PsLoadedModuleList xfffff a e Debug session time Sat May UTC System Uptime days Symbols can not be loaded because symbol path is not initialized The Symbol Path can be set by using the NT SYMBOL PATH environment variable using the -y lt symbol path gt argument when starting the debugger using sympath and sympath Unable to load image SystemRoot system ntoskrnl exe Win error n WARNING Unable to verify timestamp for ntoskrnl exe ERROR Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for ntoskrnl exe Loading Kernel Symbols Loading User Symbols Loading unloaded module list Bugcheck Analysis Use analyze -v to get detailed debugging information BugCheck dd fffe fffff cd ca Kernel symbols are WRONG Please fix symbols to do analysis Your debugger is not using the correct symbols In order for this command to work properly your symbol path must point to pdb files that have full type information Certain pdb files such as the public OS symbols do not contain the required information Contact the group that provided you with these symbols if you need this command to work Type referenced nt KTHREAD Your debugger is not using the correct symbols In order for this command to work properly your symbol path must point to pdb files that have full type in... Read more

Try the steps at this link NTOSKRNL.EXE is missing or corrupt.
Hope it helps

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/83566-bsod-caused-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 71.81%

BSODs happening at different intervals. All of them except one have said ntoskrnl.exe was the cause and at the same address. I've checked my memory with memtest for 9+ passes, ran the scannow with no violations, and updated firmware on the SSD that Windows 7 is installed on. The BSODs continue to happen.

Any ideas? Thanks for your time.

Follow this -

Quote: Originally Posted by writhziden

If you have an SSD, make sure the following are up to date:SSD firmware
BIOS Version
Chipset Drivers
Hard disk controller drivers/SATA drivers
If you have a Marvell IDE ATA/ATAPI device, make sure the drivers are up to date from the Intel site or Marvell site and not from your motherboard/vendor support site.

Reduce items at start up:Performing a Clean Startup in Windows 7

Add, or Remove Startup Programs in Windows 7
Your Antivirus software is basically whats just needed there.

Use the System File Checker tool and Run Disk Check: Repair Windows 7 System Files with System File Checker

Run Disk Check in Windows 7 for Bad Sectors & Errors
Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck F4, {3, fffffa800a109b30, fffffa800a109e10, fffff80003189350}

----- ETW minidump data unavailable-----
Probably caused by : csrss.exe

---------

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/299278-bsod-caused-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 71.81%

Hi folks - having some trouble troubleshooting a BSOD on a Lenovo Yoga 13.

BSOD screen had dpc_watchdog_violation listed, but when running the minidump through Windbg I got to this:

Code:
Probably caused by : ntoskrnl.exe ( nt+14dca0 )

Wasn't quite sure where to go from here seeing as that ntoskrnl seems to be a core part of the OS. Have attached the package from SF Diagnostic Tool in the hopes that someone can help!

Thanks - any help/tips appreciated.

A:BSOD probably caused by ntoskrnl.exe

Uninstall Hamachi. Enjoy.

http://www.eightforums.com/bsod-crashes-debugging/41327-bsod-probably-caused-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 71.81%

I'm getting random bluescreens caused by ntoskrnl.exe. Hope you can help me find the problem.

System Specs:
Operating System
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1
CPU
AMD Phenom II X6 1050T 29 ?C
Thuban 45nm Technology
RAM
8.00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 666MHz (9-9-9-24)
Motherboard
ASUSTeK Computer INC. M5A87 (AM3R2) 21 ?C
Graphics
V223W ([email protected])
2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 (Gigabyte) 27 ?C
Storage
465GB Western Digital WDC WD5000AADS-00S9B0 ATA Device (SATA) 25 ?C
Optical Drives
ASUS DRW-24B1ST a ATA Device
Audio
Realtek High Definition Aud

Relevancy 71.81%

I was having BSOD issues with windows 8, so I decided to just go back to 7 (since I wasn't liking 8 that much anyway.) I did a fresh install yesterday, and it's still crashing. I've attached the zip file as instructed, and if you need anything else, please let me know!

Windows 7 Professional 32-bit
2 GB RAM
Intel Pentium D dual-core 3.4 GHz
AMD Radeon HD 6450

This is a Stop 0x124 .... specially a hardware failure, but may de some hardware drivers also cause it in this case.

Code:
* Bugcheck Analysis *

BugCheck 124, {0, 858d2024, 0, 0}

Probably caused by : GenuineIntel

---------

1: kd> !analyze -v
* Bugcheck Analysis *

Arguments:
Arg1: 00000000, Machine Check Exception
Arg2: 858d2024, Address of the WHEA_ERROR_RECORD structure.
Arg3: 00000000, High order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.
Arg4: 00000000, Low order 32-bits of the MCi_STATUS value.

Debugging Details:
------------------
BUGCHECK_STR: 0x124_GenuineIntel

STACK_TEXT:
8a913cc4 82914bad 858d2008 829acc68 829acc60 nt!WheapCreateTriageDumpFromPreviousSession+0x32
8a913ce4 829159d7 829acc60 858d2008 829acc90 nt!WheapProcessWorkQueueItem+0x56
8a913d00 828c0aab 829acc60 00000000 848d7d48 nt!WheapWorkQueueWorkerRoutine+0x1f
8a913d50 82a4cf5e 00000001 b2143c30 00000000 nt!ExpWorkerThread+0x10d
8a913d90 828f4219 828c099e 00000001 00000000 nt!PspSystemThreadStartup+0x9e
00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 00000000 nt!KiThreadStartup+0x19

MODULE_NAME: GenuineIntel

IMAGE_NAME: GenuineIntel

DEBUG_FLR_IMAGE_TIMESTAMP: 0

FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: 0x124_GenuineIntel_PROCESSOR_MAE_PRV

BUCKET_ID: 0x124_GenuineIntel_PROCESSOR_MAE_PRV

---------
As it is visible, the BIOS is fairly old.

Code:
System Manufacturer BIOSTAR Group
System Model G41 DVI
BIOS Version/Date American Megatrends Inc. 080015, 9/17/2009
Update the BIOS and other drivers like chipset from G41 DVI :: Motherboard :: BIOSTAR (click the "download"section to see the items to download).

The display driver is also old.

Code:
Name AMD Radeon HD 6450
Driver c:\windows\system32\drivers\atikmpag.sys (8.14.1.6210, 238.00 KB (243,712 bytes), 4/20/2011 1:22 AM)
Update your ATI/AMD display driver.
You can get it from the link in our forum, Latest AMD Catalyst Video Driver for Windows 7, or you may go to AMD Graphics Driver and Software and opt for Automatically Detect and Install the appropriate driver for your card.

During installation, you may opt for advanced installation, and install the display driver only, not the Catalyst Control Center.

Is the computer hot? Report us the heat of the computer after a couple of hours of your normal usage. Upload a screenshot of the summery tab of Speccy.

If it is an old build (I am guessing so), dismantle the PC, clean the inside carefully. Clean the air vents and the fan grills, specially. When re-seating, dont forget to add thermal paste to the CPU.

Is the power supply supplying adequate power there? Make it sure.
eXtreme Power Supply Calculator

And, do some hardware check ..... like .....

Test your RAM modules for possible errors.
Ho... Read more

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/285181-bsod-caused-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 71.81%

Have been facing the BSOD since last few days, unable to find out the exact issue which is creating the problem. Uploading the files as per the instructions. Please help whenever you can!

http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/385879-bsod-caused-ntoskrnl-exe.html
Relevancy 71.81%

Hey guys, i need help. Every day i have bsod because this driver. Here are specific information about it.Bug check string-IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUALBug check code-0x0000000aParameter 1-00000001`00000048Parameter 2-00000000`00000002Parameter 3-00000000`00000001Parameter4-fffff800`0313d01fCaused by driver-ntoskrnl.exeCaused by the adress-ntoskrnl.exe+7fd00

https://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en-US/02d27a6b-8c0b-4998-973d-c1a4c5d275af/bsod-caused-by-ntoskrnlexe?forum=w7itprohardware
Relevancy 71.81%
Relevancy 71.81%

Hi,
bsod often appear in my notebook, and after I find out this was due to the ntoskrnl.exe, I've been browsing for a solution but have not gotten a satisfactory answer. please help solve my problem,
here I attach the minidump file that causes bsod.
Thank you.

sorry jcgriff2,
sI recently read a bsod post intructions,
I've already done the steps from 1 to 5,
but step into the 4 ""Run a System Health Report - save in HTML (the default file extension) format: START | type perfmon / report - a viewer will Appear. Save as an HTML file.""can not be saved because the file does not have the words that appear (blank/empty file),
ok, I'll wait for an answer from you, thank you, ...

http://www.techsupportforum.com/forums/f299/bsod-caused-by-ntoskrnl-exe-631529.html
Relevancy 71.81%

I just got a blue screen for the second time this week and I opened blue screen view and it told me the problem is ntoskrnl.exe. How do I fix this? IT usually happens when im on skype but I think it happens when im not too. The attachments have some info. Here is my speccy too http://speccy.piriform.com/results/aZYKZiSk1TEZDG3aZPhKopf

Please download MiniToolBox  , save it to your desktop and run it.
 Checkmark the following checkboxes:  List last 10 Event Viewer log  List Installed Programs  List Users, Partitions and Memory size.
 Click Go and paste the content into your next post.

Louis

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/539060/bsod-caused-by-ntoskrnlexe/